时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | We need money. | 我们需要钱 |
[00:06] | Put simply, we need more clients. | 简单说 是需要更多客户 |
[00:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[00:09] | Do you want to hear this or not? | 你们要不要听我说啊 |
[00:10] | We were all hurt by our slow rollout. | 这么久才正式揭幕 造成的损失不小 |
[00:12] | We didn’t have an office; what were we supposed to do? | 我们没有办公室 还能怎么办啊 |
[00:14] | I’m not saying that there’s not a reason. | 我不是不讲情理 |
[00:15] | – I’m sick of being… – What I am saying is that we need more money… | -我可不想…-我是说我们需要钱 |
[00:18] | Of course we do, but we don’t have any… | 是这样 但我们没有… |
[00:19] | – and we need clients… – Okay. Okay! Okay. | -还有客户 -好了好了 都打住 |
[00:23] | We’re in the situation we’re in. | 现实就是如此了 |
[00:25] | So what do we do about it? | 重要的是如何应对 |
[00:30] | Okay! Okay. | 好了 好了 |
[00:31] | We’re swamped. | 我们现在问题很多 |
[00:33] | We have lost half of our top litigators. | 好的诉讼律师走了一半 |
[00:35] | Yeah, and good riddance. | 走得好啊 |
[00:36] | And… and our caseload has increased. | 而案件数量却增加了 |
[00:39] | We have received continuances on eight of our 12 open cases, | 十二件进行中的案子里有八件都延期了 |
[00:43] | but we need to start hiring soon. | 但我们必须尽快开始招聘 |
[00:45] | We also need to get our clients back. | 我们还要把客户抢回来 |
[00:46] | Losing Chumhum is still an embarrassment. | 丢掉查查网实在是丢人 |
[00:48] | Yeah, but first things first. | 是 但事有轻重缓急 |
[00:49] | We need four associates with trial experience. | 我们需要四位有庭审经验的律师 |
[00:52] | We also need to deal with Florrick&Agos. | 我们也要应对「福瑞克&艾格斯」 |
[00:54] | No, we can’t keep obsessing about… | 不是 我们不能总是怀恨… |
[00:56] | – No, no, no. – We need to move on. | -并非如此 -我们要向前看 |
[00:57] | – I have a great idea about… – Wait, listen. | -我有个好主意…-等下 听我说 |
[00:59] | We do both. | 我们两手都要抓 |
[01:00] | No “First things first.” | 不再分什么轻重缓急 |
[01:02] | We expedite hiring and work on client loss. | 加紧招聘 同时挽回客户 |
[01:05] | David, I want you to form a client retention working group. | 大卫 我要你成立一个客户维系团队 |
[01:08] | Bring our clients back home. | 把客户找回来 |
[01:09] | And, Diane… | 而戴安 |
[01:12] | Howard, why don’t you take over the status meeting? | 霍华德 会议后面你来主持吧 |
[01:14] | Kalinda. | 凯琳达 |
[01:16] | We need new clients. | 我们需要新客户 |
[01:17] | We can’t keep looking to Lockhart/Gardner. | 不能总是挖「洛&加」的墙角 |
[01:19] | How about a Christmas party? | 办个圣诞派对怎么样 |
[01:23] | How about what? | 你说什么 |
[01:25] | Well, we had a slow rollout | 由于没有办公室 |
[01:27] | because we didn’t have office space, | 过了很久才算正式成立 |
[01:28] | and now we have office space, so let’s have a real rollout. | 现在有了办公室 就来个盛大的揭幕 |
[01:33] | Mrs. Florrick, you have a phone call. | 福瑞克夫人 有你的电话 |
[01:35] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[01:39] | It’s someone who said he was an old client of yours, | 他说他曾是你的客户 |
[01:41] | a Zayeed Shaheed. | 扎耶德·沙希德 |
[01:42] | Zayeed, yes, thanks. | 扎耶德 确实是 谢谢 |
[01:45] | Zayeed? | 扎耶德吗 |
[01:46] | Yes, it’s Alicia. | 是 我是艾丽西娅 |
[01:48] | How are you doing? | 你最近怎么样 |
[01:49] | Uh, fine, thank you. | 还不错 谢谢 |
[01:51] | Look, Alicia, I hate to be blunt, | 艾丽西娅 我也不想这么直接 |
[01:53] | but I could use your help with a problem right now. | 但我眼下有件事可能要你帮忙 |
[01:56] | Okay, uh, what is it? | 好的 怎么了 |
[01:58] | A university colleague is trying to get a job as a CIA analyst, | 学校的一位同事在申请中情局的分析师 |
[02:01] | and the FBI is here asking some questions about him | 而联邦局正在这询问关于他的事 |
[02:04] | – for a background check. – Okay, where’s here? | -作为背景调查 -是在哪里 |
[02:06] | My home. Why? | 在我家 怎么了 |
[02:08] | Uh, no reason. | 没什么 |
[02:09] | Keep going. | 请继续 |
[02:10] | Well, their questions are getting more personal, | 他们问的越来越涉及私人问题 |
[02:12] | and I’m worried about getting this person in trouble. | 而我担心会给他带来麻烦 |
[02:14] | A-Are you still on campus? | 你还住在校园吗 |
[02:15] | I am… 2143 Burnham. | 是的 伯汉姆大道2143号 |
[02:17] | Okay, I’m coming to you. | 好的 我这就过去 |
[02:18] | Ask the federal agents politely | 尽量礼貌地跟联邦探员说 |
[02:20] | to wait until I get there for more questioning, okay? | 让他们等我到了后再做询问 好吗 |
[02:23] | Okay. | 好的 |
[02:25] | Robyn, I need you as a witness. | 罗宾 我需要你做个证人 |
[02:26] | – New client? – Old. | -新客户吗 -老的 |
[02:28] | – With money? – Some. | -有钱吗 -有点儿 |
[02:31] | Lauralee Gregg. | 萝拉莉·格雷格 |
[02:31] | Tulane undergrad, Yale School of Law, | 本科在杜兰大学 毕业于耶鲁法学院 |
[02:33] | ten years at McKinley, Barrett and Skiff. | 在「麦金莱&巴雷特&斯基夫律所」十年了 |
[02:35] | No. | 不行 |
[02:37] | May I ask why? | 我能问为什么吗 |
[02:38] | Ten years at McKinley and Barrett, | 在「麦金莱&巴雷特」十年了 |
[02:39] | and she was second chair on her last case. | 上个案子还是次席律师 |
[02:42] | I wouldn’t read anything into that. | 我觉得这不代表什么吧 |
[02:43] | I do. | 我认为很重要 |
[02:47] | David Benjamin Goldbaum. | 大卫·本杰明·戈登巴姆 |
[02:48] | Georgetown undergrad, Stanford… | 本科乔治城大学 斯坦福… |
[02:50] | Next. | 下一个 |
[02:52] | Will, if you don’t snap him up, | 威尔 如果你不下手 |
[02:54] | Fisher & Chung will. | 就会被「费希尔&钟」抢走了 |
[02:55] | That makes sense. | 不出所料 |
[02:56] | Uh, David’s a great litigator. | 大卫是个不错的诉讼律师 |
[02:58] | – We lost to him in court. – No, we settled with him. | -我们在法庭上败给他过 -错 是和解 |
[03:00] | – Yeah, for $2 million. – Which should have been four. | -是 那可是两百万 -本会是四百万的 |
[03:02] | So you’re rejecting him because he wasn’t hard enough on you? | 你拒绝他 是因为他对你不够狠 |
[03:05] | Yes. | 是的 |
[03:13] | Who was that? | 那份是谁的简历 |
[03:15] | It’s no one, not appropriate. | 没什么 不太合适 |
[03:17] | Beth, we’re not who we were. | 贝思 我们和以前不一样了 |
[03:19] | What was inappropriate two months ago | 两个月前不合适的 |
[03:21] | is appropriate now. | 现在就合适了 |
[03:25] | Damian Boyle. | 达米安·博伊 |
[03:27] | He’s been in private practice for 15 years… criminal law. | 他最近15年在接私活 主要是刑事 |
[03:29] | His clients are, well, not your clients. | 而他的客户 都和你的不同 |
[03:33] | Pro bono? | 无偿的吗 |
[03:34] | No, very not pro bono. | 不是 恰恰相反 |
[03:36] | Antonio Pola last year, | 去年有安东尼奥·普拉 |
[03:39] | Sal Calastana. | 萨尔·凯拉斯唐纳 |
[03:40] | Where’s his photo? | 他的照片呢 |
[03:42] | He doesn’t like being photographed. | 他不喜欢拍照 |
[03:44] | He’s looking for a home. | 他想稳定下来 |
[03:45] | Some of his top clients are in prison now | 他的大客户不少都进了监狱 |
[03:47] | and he needs to make ends meet. | 而他需要赚钱 |
[03:48] | The problem is, nobody wants him. | 问题是 没人愿意要他 |
[03:52] | Will, | 威尔 |
[03:54] | just because someone is wrong for us doesn’t make him right. | 只因为其他人不合适 并不意味着就他合适 |
[03:58] | Let’s see him. | 我们见见他 |
[03:59] | What can it hurt? | 又没什么坏处 |
[04:02] | Alicia, thanks for doing this. | 艾丽西娅 谢谢你过来 |
[04:03] | No problem… are they still here? | 不客气 他们还在吗 |
[04:04] | Yes, they decided to stay. | 是的 他们决定等 |
[04:06] | They’re a little impatient. | 耐性快等没了 |
[04:07] | Play it sweet. | 我们来软的 |
[04:08] | After we’re introduced, ask them if you can record | 介绍过后 问他们能否 |
[04:10] | the interview for your records. | 对此次面谈录音 |
[04:13] | Thanks for waiting. | 让你们久等了 |
[04:14] | Call it a lawyerly overabundance of caution. | 算是律师本能的过分谨慎吧 |
[04:16] | So, this is about Mr. Shaheed’s colleague? | 这是关于沙希德先生的同事吗 |
[04:18] | Yes, Ezzedine Kalb. | 是的 艾泽丁·卡尔布 |
[04:20] | We just had a few questions. | 我们只有几个问题 |
[04:22] | Now, Mr. Kalb was in Milwaukee recently with you? | 卡尔布先生最近和你一起去密尔沃基了吗 |
[04:25] | Do you mind if I tape this? | 介意我录音吗 |
[04:26] | This interview? | 这次面谈吗 |
[04:28] | Why? | 为何 |
[04:29] | Oh, for our records. We do it all the time. | 做个记录 我们一贯这样 |
[04:31] | I’m, I’m bad at taking notes. | 我…我笔记做得很烂 |
[04:33] | We’d rather this be off the record. | 我们希望这次不在记录上 |
[04:34] | Oh, it will be. | 不会的 |
[04:35] | I just need a, a correct record for my notes. | 我只是要笔记做个参考 |
[04:38] | Robyn’s a stickler for detail. | 罗宾很注重细节的 |
[04:43] | Certainly, if it’s for your notes. | 如果是给笔记的话 没问题 |
[04:46] | You were in Milwaukee with your colleague two weeks ago? | 你两周前和你的同事在密尔沃基吗 |
[04:48] | Yes. | 是的 |
[04:49] | And why were you there? | 你们为何去那里 |
[04:50] | For a conference | 一个会议 |
[04:51] | on educational differences in developing countries. | 发展中国家的教育差异 |
[04:55] | I see. | 知道了 |
[04:56] | And did you spend the whole time with Mr. Kalb? | 你一直和卡尔布先生在一起吗 |
[04:58] | No, not the whole time. | 没有 不是一直 |
[05:00] | And what about the afternoon of October 15? | 那十月十五日下午呢 |
[05:04] | The 15th this year? | 今年的吗 |
[05:06] | Yes. | 是的 |
[05:07] | The day of the explosion at the Milwaukee Food Festival? | 密尔沃基美食节爆炸案那天吗 |
[05:11] | Yes, I think that’s right. | 是 我想就是那天 |
[05:14] | I’m gonna ask my client | 我将要求我的委托人 |
[05:16] | to stop answering questions at this time. | 不再回答你下面的问题 |
[05:18] | Why? | 为什么 |
[05:18] | Because I don’t think this interview | 因为我认为这次面谈的原因 |
[05:20] | is what you’re implying. | 并非是你所说的 |
[05:21] | What do you think we’re implying? | 你觉得我们的意图是什么 |
[05:22] | Zayeed, you can ask them to leave now. | 扎耶德 你可以请他们现在就离开 |
[05:24] | No, he can’t. | 他不行 |
[05:26] | This is a warrant | 这份搜查令 |
[05:28] | for computers, files, iPads, smartphones, and papers | 准许我们查看你委托人的电脑 文档 |
[05:32] | – in the possession of your client. – Zayeed, | -iPad 智能手机和文件 -扎耶德 |
[05:33] | I need you to step out of the room for a second. | 我需要你先暂时离开这屋 |
[05:35] | Robyn, can you take him? | 罗宾 你能带他离开吗 |
[05:36] | Actually, Agent Anderson, will you accompany them | 安德森探员 你能跟他们一起去吗 |
[05:39] | to make sure no materials subject to the warrant are disturbed? | 确保没有相关的物件被藏匿 好吗 |
[05:44] | It’s the color of my skin. | 这与我的肤色有关 |
[05:46] | They think I planted a bomb. | 他们觉得我埋了一个炸弹 |
[05:48] | Zayeed, were you anywhere near the bomb site? | 扎耶德 你当时在爆炸点附近吗 |
[05:50] | No, I barely left the hotel. | 不在 我几乎都没出酒店 |
[05:52] | What hotel? | 哪间酒店 |
[05:53] | The Sheraton. | 喜来登 |
[05:54] | Where were you at the time of the explosion? | 那爆炸时你人在哪儿 |
[05:55] | In my room. | 在我房间里 |
[05:58] | What are they going to find on your computer, Zayeed? | 扎耶德 你的电脑里存了什么东西 |
[06:00] | Nothing… my book, my lectures. | 没什么 我的书 讲义 |
[06:02] | No porn, no foreign financing? | 没黄片 没海外资金 |
[06:04] | Anything that needs to be explained. | 任何需要解释的东西 |
[06:09] | No. | 没有 |
[06:10] | Tell us now. | 现在就告诉我们 |
[06:11] | We’ll find out later. | 我们迟早也要发现的 |
[06:13] | Look, the subject matter of my book is jihad– | 我的书主题是圣战 |
[06:15] | not violent jihad… spiritual jihad, | 不是暴力战争 是精神圣战 |
[06:18] | but the materials can be open to misinterpretation. | 但对这些内容的理解可能会被歪曲 |
[06:21] | Okay, stay out of their way | 好 不要妨碍他们做事 |
[06:22] | and don’t answer any more questions. | 也别再回答任何问题 |
[06:24] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪里 |
[06:25] | To quash the warrant. | 去撤销搜查令 |
[06:26] | Your Honor! | 法官阁下 |
[06:29] | – Why are you yelling? – I’m not yelling. | -为什么你要大喊大叫 -我没有 |
[06:31] | I’m passionate, Your Honor. | 我动了真感情 法官阁下 |
[06:33] | The abuse here is passion-inducing. | 这起案件是感情引导的 |
[06:35] | Passion-inducing? | 感情引导 |
[06:36] | Well, goodness, let’s not have our passion induced. | 我的天 我们不要被感情所引导 |
[06:38] | So let me get this straight… | 让我把话说明白 |
[06:41] | you want me to bar him from representing him. | 你要我不让他代表他 |
[06:43] | That’s your requested remedy? | 这就是你要求的补偿吗 |
[06:45] | Yes, Your Honor. | 是的 法官大人 |
[06:45] | Damian Boyle is not just representing | 达米安·博伊不仅仅代表 |
[06:47] | the Gerraghty crime family. | 杰拉蒂犯罪家族 |
[06:48] | – He’s a member of the Gerraghty crime family. – Why, | -他就是其中的一员 -怎么说 |
[06:51] | – because I’m Irish? – That has nothing to do with it. | -因为我是爱尔兰人吗 -与这个无关 |
[06:53] | Or is it because I’ve beaten you three times in court? | 那是因为我在法庭上赢过你三次吗 |
[06:54] | – You haven’t beaten me. – Your Honor, | -你没赢过我 -法官阁下 |
[06:55] | I am a simple small-town lawyer… | 我就是一个普通的小镇律师… |
[06:57] | I have an idea. | 我觉得 |
[06:58] | Why don’t you stand up? | 你站起来说如何 |
[07:00] | My apologies. | 抱歉 |
[07:01] | Your Honor, I am a simple small-town lawyer | 法官阁下 我就是一个普通的小镇律师 |
[07:04] | who’s come to the big city to defend an honest businessman, | 来到大城市 为一个诚实的商人辩护 |
[07:07] | and I’ve beaten the AUSA three times, | 在之前三次法院审讯中 |
[07:09] | in three previous court hearings, | 我每次都打败了这位检察官 |
[07:11] | and that’s why he wants to bar me | 正因为这样他才想方设法不让我 |
[07:13] | from representing an innocent man, but… | 为这无辜的人辩护 但… |
[07:15] | correct me if I’m wrong… This is America, | 若我所说有错 望不吝赐教 这里是美国 |
[07:18] | and I’ll be damned if I’m going to let this man tread on my rights, | 如果我任凭他践踏我的权利 你的权利 |
[07:20] | your rights, or anyone’s rights. | 任何一个人的权利 我就罪该万死 |
[07:24] | Thank you, that was a beautiful speech. | 谢谢 很精彩的演讲 |
[07:26] | You’re welcome. I know we work in a cynical business, | 不客气 我知道我们这个行业愤世嫉俗 |
[07:28] | Your Honor, but I believe it. | 法官阁下 但是… 我相信它 |
[07:30] | Your Honor, we have federal wiretaps with Mr. Boyle | 法官阁下 联邦政府有博伊先生 |
[07:32] | conducting business for the Gerraghty crime syndicate. | 替杰拉蒂犯罪集团做事的通话记录 |
[07:34] | Oh, really? | 是吗 |
[07:35] | Well, let’s hear it. | 那说来听听啊 |
[07:36] | Mr. Boyle, please, | 博伊先生 不好意思 |
[07:37] | let me do my job. | 不要抢我的台词 |
[07:39] | Let’s hear it. | 说来听听 |
[07:40] | The taps are sealed, Your Honor, | 录音已封存了 法官阁下 |
[07:42] | part of a wider investigation. | 因为隶属于一个范围更广的调查 |
[07:44] | Yeah, keep, keep laughing, Mr. Boyle, | 笑吧 笑吧 博伊先生 |
[07:45] | – keep… – Your Honor, come on, | -就接着…-法官阁下 拜托 |
[07:46] | We’re coming after you with wiretaps! | 我们有通话记录就不会放过你 |
[07:47] | what have I done to this man, really, | 我真心不知道怎么得罪他了 |
[07:48] | except beat him fair and square? | 不就是光明正大地赢过他吗 |
[07:51] | Your Honor, this warrant should be quashed. | 法官阁下 这个搜查令应该被撤销 |
[07:52] | It’s racial profiling, pure and simple. | 这是种族定性 就这么简单 |
[07:55] | The FBI doesn’t racially profile. | 联邦调查局不会给种族定性 |
[07:56] | He was a dark-skinned man visiting Milwaukee. | 他就是一个到过密尔沃基的深皮肤男子 |
[07:59] | A dark-skinned man advocating jihad. | 一个支持圣战的深皮肤男子 |
[08:00] | Not the jihad of violent overthrow. | 不是推翻政府的暴力圣战组织 |
[08:02] | Your Honor, | 法官阁下 |
[08:03] | we don’t need to prove that Zayeed Shaheed planted a bomb. | 我们无需证明扎耶德·沙希德埋了炸弹 |
[08:05] | We only need to prove… | 我们只需证明… |
[08:06] | That there is more evidence | 除了沙希德先生的名字和肤色 |
[08:07] | than Mr. Shaheed’s name and the color of his skin. | 还掌握有其他的证据 |
[08:10] | My client was nowhere near the crime scene | 我的委托人在爆炸前后 |
[08:12] | before or after the bombing. | 甚至都不在犯罪现场附近 |
[08:14] | He was in room 546… | 他在546号房… |
[08:18] | Your Honor, this picture was taken | 法官阁下 这张照片摄于 |
[08:20] | two minutes prior to the fateful explosion, | 这场重大爆炸发生前两分钟 |
[08:22] | and as you can see, | 正如你所见 |
[08:24] | that is Zayeed Shaheed passing the garbage can | 图上是扎耶德·沙希德经过 |
[08:27] | where the bomb was placed, | 放置了炸弹的垃圾桶 |
[08:28] | but I would love to hear more about Mr. Shaheed | 但我们也愿意听听沙希德先生又是如何 |
[08:31] | being in room 546. | 同时呆在546号房间的 |
[08:39] | Uh, if there are legal papers anywhere on your person, | 如果身上带了什么法律文件 |
[08:41] | I suggest you keep walking. | 建议你走好不送 |
[08:44] | Will Gardner. | 威尔·加德纳 |
[08:46] | I’m a partner at L.G. | 我是L.G.的合伙人 |
[08:49] | Lockhart/Gardner. | 洛克哈德&加德纳 |
[08:50] | Oh, congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[08:52] | What do you want? | 你想干什么 |
[08:54] | I saw you in court today. | 我今天在法庭上看了你的表现 |
[08:55] | Can I buy you a drink? | 能请你喝一杯吗 |
[08:57] | Another black, please. | 请再来一杯黑的[啤酒] |
[09:03] | What was that? | 怎么了 |
[09:06] | Jewish joke. | 犹太人的笑话 |
[09:09] | Has he heard the one about the Irish pilot? | 听过爱尔兰飞行员的笑话吗 |
[09:10] | He has, yeah. | 听过 |
[09:13] | So, you drinking or what? | 你来一杯吗 |
[09:15] | Another black. | 再来一杯黑的 |
[09:16] | You’re gonna lose the case against the government. | 这场和政府的官司你会输 |
[09:20] | It happens. | 有可能 |
[09:20] | The judges are just human. | 法官也是人 |
[09:22] | They don’t mind pissing off an individual lawyer. | 他们才不管个人律师的情绪 |
[09:23] | They do think twice when it’s a whole law firm. | 但如果是一整间律所他们就会三思了 |
[09:27] | What’s the name of your firm again, pal? | 朋友 你们律所全名叫什么来着 |
[09:30] | Lockhart/Gardner. | 洛克哈德&加德纳 |
[09:31] | Hmm, never heard of it. | 没听说过 |
[09:33] | What firms have you heard of? | 那你听过什么律所 |
[09:36] | You still looking for a home? | 你还在找落脚处吗 |
[09:37] | Why, you offering me a job? | 怎么 你要给我个位子吗 |
[09:39] | I might be. | 有可能 |
[09:45] | There are friends… I have | 我有些朋友 是我 |
[09:48] | that I defend no matter what. | 无论如何都要为他们辩护的 |
[09:51] | Do they have money? | 他们有钱吗 |
[09:53] | Then that’s not a problem. | 那就不是问题 |
[09:56] | I don’t work Sundays. | 我周日不上班 |
[09:57] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[09:58] | – What do you care? – Okay. | -你管那么多干什么 -好吧 |
[10:00] | You work twice as hard during the week, I’m fine with that. | 你平常多干活就无所谓 |
[10:03] | Okay. | 好 |
[10:07] | Let me think about it. | 让我考虑一下 |
[10:10] | That’s not me, I swear. | 这不是我 我发誓 |
[10:11] | You were in your hotel room taking a nap? | 你在你的酒店房间里小憩 |
[10:12] | Yes, I was in my hotel room. | 是的 我待在酒店房间 |
[10:15] | At 3:00 in the afternoon? | 那天下午三点 |
[10:16] | I was tired. | 我很累 |
[10:17] | And no one saw you there. | 没人看见你在那儿 |
[10:20] | I didn’t have anything to do with this. | 我和这个爆炸案毫无关系 |
[10:22] | – I’m a teacher, that’s all. – Alicia. | -我就只是一个老师 -艾丽西娅 |
[10:28] | Is it a surveillance camera? | 是监控摄像头吗 |
[10:29] | No, see up here… | 不 看这儿 |
[10:30] | – this blur? – Yeah. | -模糊的部分 -看到了 |
[10:32] | I thought that was a thumb from someone using their iPhone. | 我觉得是有人用手机拍时手指挡到了镜头 |
[10:35] | A tourist photo? | 那就是游客拍的咯 |
[10:37] | How’d it get to the FBI? | FBI是怎么拿到的 |
[10:38] | Scabbit… the Web site. | 通过「瞎掰网」这个网站 |
[10:40] | There’s a thread on the Milwaukee bombing, | 这有个密尔沃基爆炸案的讨论帖 |
[10:41] | and everybody’s talking about who might have done it, | 大家都在讨论究竟是谁放的炸弹 |
[10:43] | like the Boston Marathon.There. | 像波士顿马拉松爆炸案一样 看 |
[10:46] | The FBI is getting their photos from Scabbit? | 联调局用的是「瞎掰网」上的照片 |
[10:48] | Yeah, it looks like it. | 对 八成是 |
[10:50] | And one other thing… If the Feds are using Scabbit, | 还有…如果联调局用的是「瞎掰网」 |
[10:52] | – then Zayeed is in real trouble. – Why? | -那扎耶德就真有麻烦了 -为什么 |
[10:53] | Well, the people on here think he did it, | 因为网上的人说是他所为 |
[10:55] | and they say they can prove it. | 而且他们有证据 |
[11:17] | And Peter’s been so sweet to me. He sent a car for me. | 彼得对我倒是挺贴心 他为我配了辆车 |
[11:21] | A town car. | 一辆林肯 |
[11:25] | Oh, being the Governor’s mom has certain advantages, | 这是州长母亲的福利啊 |
[11:28] | but it’s not just, uh… | 不过也不仅仅… |
[11:33] | Mm. Would you excuse me for just one minute? | 非常抱歉 失陪一下 |
[11:41] | Jackie. What a surprise. | 杰姬 真巧啊 |
[11:43] | Mr. Gold. | 戈登先生 |
[11:44] | Rachel! | 雷切尔 |
[11:46] | Oh, you two know each other. | 原来你们俩认识 |
[11:47] | Yes, I clerked for her husband a zillion years ago. | 我之前是她丈夫的助理 很久以前了 |
[11:50] | Nice to see you, Jackie. | 见到你真高兴 杰姬 |
[11:51] | Rachel was the judge’s favorite clerk. | 雷切尔是我丈夫最称心的助手 |
[11:53] | Well, hats off for not playing that card with Peter. | 那可要感谢他没对彼得打出这么张王牌啊 |
[11:57] | With Peter? | 和彼得 |
[11:58] | Yes. Rachel’s the new Supreme Court candidate | 对 雷切尔是新的最高法院候选人 |
[12:00] | to replace Diane Lockhart. | 以取代戴安·洛克哈特 |
[12:03] | Oh, well, then congratulations are certainly in order. | 那可真要祝贺你啊 |
[12:06] | The judge would be proud. | 我丈夫一定会为你感到高兴的 |
[12:08] | Well, thank you, Jackie. That means the world. Yes, well, | 谢谢 杰姬 真是受宠若惊 |
[12:11] | I’ll let you two get back to your meeting. | 那你们慢慢聊吧 |
[12:13] | Mr. Gold, could I speak to you for just one minute? | 戈德先生 我能和你单独谈一小会儿吗 |
[12:18] | Sure. | 当然 |
[12:20] | Tell her no. | 你得阻止她 |
[12:21] | She’s not getting the Supreme Court seat. | 不能让她坐上最高法院的位置 |
[12:23] | Really? Why is that? | 你是说真的吗 为什么 |
[12:26] | – Let her down gently. – Jackie. | -尽量委婉点 -杰姬 |
[12:28] | Jackie , no. | 杰姬 不行的 |
[12:31] | You get to decorate the offices | 你大可以张灯结彩 |
[12:32] | and throw the inaugural ball, but this, | 准备就职舞会 但是这件事 |
[12:34] | this is my prerogative. | 这是我的特权 |
[12:36] | This is Peter’s prerogative. | 这是彼得的特权 |
[12:39] | Whatever grudge you have, you need to suck it up. | 不管你们有什么恩怨 就自己忍着吧 |
[12:43] | Good seeing you. | 自己保重 |
[12:47] | That’s not him. | 这不是他 |
[12:48] | Then go to the FBI with a proffer. | 去和联调局说啊 |
[12:49] | Explain the jihad stuff. | 解释清楚这些圣战什么的 |
[12:51] | Show the Feds that’s not him. | 告诉联调局这不是他 |
[12:52] | There’s another photo. Someone just uploaded it. | 又来了张照片 刚刚上传的 |
[12:55] | What?! Of Zayeed? | 什么 是扎耶德的照片 |
[12:57] | You’re kidding. | 开什么玩笑 |
[12:58] | “Zayeed Shaheed fleeing the bombing. | 扎耶德·沙希德在爆炸后逃逸 |
[13:00] | “Police should do something. | 警方应该采取行动 |
[13:01] | Signed Sharkbit678.” | 署名「鲨噬678」 |
[13:04] | That doesn’t even make sense. He’s skating. | 没道理啊 他在滑旱冰哎 |
[13:06] | It doesn’t look like him, either. | 也不像是他 |
[13:08] | Ah, “That’s not Zayeed. That’s his accomplice. | 那不是扎耶德 是他的同伙 |
[13:10] | “See the walkie-talkie in his back pocket? | 看见他屁股口袋里的对讲机了吗 |
[13:12] | Laoshunt93.” | 「老子曰93」 |
[13:40] | Oh, my God, this stuff is crazy. | 天哪 这真是太疯狂了 |
[13:41] | What’s crazy is the FBI using it. | 更疯狂的是联调局居然用了这些照片 |
[13:44] | Sue for an injunction. | 申请禁令 |
[13:46] | – What? – Against Scabbit. | -什么 -起诉「瞎掰网」 |
[13:47] | Force them to take down the thread. | 迫使他们撤下这些消息 |
[13:49] | – What’ll that do? – If the FBI is using | -那又能怎样 -要是联调局利用 |
[13:51] | crowd-sourcing for its investigation, cut off the supply. | 群众力量开展调查 那我们就釜底抽薪 |
[13:54] | Good. I’ll go to court. | 好主意 我现在去法庭 |
[13:55] | I’ll make the proffer. | 我去准备起诉 |
[13:58] | We didn’t vote on this. | 我们没投过票 |
[14:01] | Yes, but we discussed hiring a new partner. | 没错 但我们讨论过聘请新的合伙人 |
[14:03] | At a meeting you left. | 但是那次会议你后来离开了 |
[14:05] | Yes, but I got a sense of the room, | 对 但我可以感觉到 |
[14:06] | and the sense was that we wanted to hire somebody. | 在座的各位是同意聘请一个新合伙人的 |
[14:08] | Wait, what is this “Sense of the room” Crap? | 等等 「感觉」能顶个屁用 |
[14:10] | When did that start replacing votes? | 什么时候「感觉」能取代投票了 |
[14:12] | Who is this guy anyway? | 这个新合伙人到底是谁 |
[14:13] | Damian Boyle. He’s a top litigator. | 达米安·博伊 一个顶级诉讼律师 |
[14:16] | If we didn’t act, he would’ve been snapped up. | 我们要是不赶紧行动 他就要被挖走了 |
[14:17] | I’ve not even heard of him. | 没听说过这人 |
[14:18] | He’s a mob lawyer. | 他是个黑帮律师 |
[14:19] | – No, he’s not. – Will. Will, that is not true. | -他才不是 -威尔 这不是真的 |
[14:23] | What’s not true? | 什么不是真的 |
[14:24] | What you just said. | 你刚刚所说的 |
[14:25] | He wouldn’t have been snapped up. | 他不会被抢走的 |
[14:27] | Our headhunter told us the exact opposite. | 据我们的猎头所述 恰恰相反 |
[14:29] | Oh, so the truth comes out. | 真相来了 |
[14:30] | Look… decisions sometimes need to be made on the fly. | 有时候 做决定要当机立断 |
[14:33] | In my opinion, this was one of them. | 我认为 这正是我们现在应该做的 |
[14:35] | If you disagree… sanction me. Okay. | 如果你们不同意 制裁我行了吧 |
[14:44] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[14:45] | Is it always like this? | 一直都是这样吗 |
[14:47] | No. The last few weeks. | 不是 最近几周才这样的 |
[14:49] | What’s this? This song. | 这是什么 什么曲子 |
[14:55] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[14:56] | Oh, don’t you hate that, | 你难道不觉得难受吗 |
[14:57] | when a song gets… stuck in your head? | 当一首歌一直萦绕在你脑海里 |
[15:00] | More than anything. | 确实痛不欲生 |
[15:02] | You have very pretty eyes. | 你的眼睛真美 |
[15:04] | No, I don’t. | 不 我哪里有 |
[15:06] | No, you do, you do. And I know from pretty eyes. | 不 你有 我能看见 |
[15:07] | Damian, you’re on the client-retention working group. | 达米安 你先做做客户维系 |
[15:09] | Yeah. Hold on. | 好 稍等 |
[15:12] | Will. | 威尔 |
[15:14] | – You can’t be doing this. – Doing what? | -你不能这么做 -我怎么做了 |
[15:16] | Making this firm grow? | 发展我们的律所 |
[15:17] | Making decisions before they get argued to death? | 在他们吵得油尽灯枯之前 做出决定 |
[15:19] | This was a decision that could’ve used some arguing. | 这个决定值得商榷 |
[15:21] | You know how this works, Diane. | 你知道商榷会是什么后果 戴安 |
[15:22] | David Lee argues for a relative. | 大卫·李会为他的一个亲戚争 |
[15:23] | You say no. It’s referred to a subcommittee. | 你会说不行 这得交给小组委员会讨论 |
[15:26] | They take three weeks, and come back with a stalemate. | 花上三周时间 到头来依旧是个僵局 |
[15:28] | – You don’t know that. – I do know that. | -这可不一定 -这是一定的 |
[15:30] | At a certain point, someone just needs to decide. | 某些情况下 需要有人出来做决定 |
[15:32] | We don’t have the luxury of being a deadlocked government. | 我们没资本像政府一样迟缓僵化 |
[15:39] | Well, then welcome to your decision. | 那你就瞧瞧吧 |
[15:41] | Because that’s what happens when one person decides. | 这就是由某一人做决定的后果 |
[15:46] | You can always call me there. I’m just saying. | 随时都可以打给我哦 |
[15:54] | What did he say? | 他说什么 |
[15:56] | – He’s sick of debate. – Yeah, well, I don’t give a damn… | -他不想再争下去了 -我才不买账呢 |
[15:59] | this isn’t Communist Russia. | 这又不是苏联共产党 |
[16:01] | Well, what do you want me to do? | 你想让我怎么做 |
[16:03] | Sanction Will, and get this new lawyer kicked out. | 制裁威尔 让这个新律师卷铺盖走人 |
[16:05] | David, a month ago you wanted me kicked out. | 大卫 一个月之前你还想轰我走 |
[16:09] | Yeah, so? That was a month ago. | 对 怎么了 那是一个月之前 |
[16:11] | I have two-thirds of the partners | 我手上有三分之二的合伙人 |
[16:12] | – ready to dump him. – Will? | -准备轰他走 -威尔 |
[16:15] | No. Him. | 不 是他 |
[16:17] | Mr. Mob. | 黑帮先生 |
[16:20] | They want to know if you’re on board. | 他们想知道你是不是站在我们这边 |
[16:26] | – Hello again. – Hello again to you, Your Honor. | -你好 -你好 法官阁下 |
[16:28] | I hear you started your own law firm. | 听说你自立门户了 |
[16:30] | Uh, y-yes, Your Honor. Three weeks in. | 对 法官阁下 刚三周 |
[16:32] | Congratulations. What brings you to brighten my courtroom today? | 恭喜 今天来我这是有何贵干啊 |
[16:35] | An injunction, Your Honor, against Scabbit, | 一个禁令 法官阁下 针对「瞎掰网」 |
[16:38] | a social news and entertainment site | 一家允许用户发布链接或内容的 |
[16:40] | where users post or link to content. | 社会新闻娱乐网站 |
[16:42] | I see we seem to be alone here today. | 你的被告今天没到场啊 |
[16:44] | Yes, Your Honor. | 没错 法官阁下 |
[16:45] | Scabbit has ignored our subpoenas. | 「瞎掰网」无视我们的传票 |
[16:47] | We believe this is brinkmanship through absence. | 我们认为他们的缺席是种边缘策略 |
[16:49] | Okay, I’m not gonna grant an injunction against | 好吧 既然被告根本没陈述他们的观点 |
[16:51] | a whole Web site without letting them air their arguments. | 那我就不能批准针对整个网站的禁令 |
[16:54] | We’re not asking for an injunction | 我们不是请求 |
[16:55] | against the whole Web site, Your Honor, | 针对整个网站的禁令 法官阁下 |
[16:56] | just one thread on that site: | 只是该网站上的 |
[16:58] | a thread that disparages our client. | 一篇诋毁我方委托人声誉的帖子 |
[17:00] | Okay. Uh, give me all the relevant evidence, and I will rule. | 把相关证据呈给我 我会做出裁决的 |
[17:03] | And, of course, it’s good seeing you again. | 很高兴再见到你 |
[17:06] | Can you do me a favor? Next time, can you bring me back | 能帮我个忙吗 下次你送我这来的案子 |
[17:08] | something just a little more serious, | 能不能稍微严肃一点 |
[17:10] | I don’t know, like a… A grocery store robbery? | 比如说抢劫杂货店这种 |
[17:13] | Definitely, Your Honor. | 当然 法官阁下 |
[17:14] | Three ayes. | 三票赞成 |
[17:15] | All opposed? | 剩下都反对吗 |
[17:17] | Four opposed. | 四票反对 |
[17:19] | Are you an abstention, Mr. Boyle? | 你是要弃权吗 波伊尔先生 |
[17:23] | What? | 什么 |
[17:24] | Are you abstaining? | 你弃权吗 |
[17:26] | To what? | 对什么 |
[17:27] | Whether we should negotiate with Florrick-Agos | 是否我们应该和福瑞克&艾格斯律所谈判 |
[17:29] | to share the ongoing Chumhum privacy suit? | 以共享进行中的查查网隐私诉讼 |
[17:32] | This is the firm that stole your clients? | 就是挖走你们客户的那家律所吗 |
[17:34] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:35] | And that’s one of the… clients they stole? | 而这是…他们挖走的其中一个客户 |
[17:38] | Yes, it’s a top client. | 是的 一个大客户 |
[17:39] | $35 million a year in billables. | 一年3500万的可计时收入 |
[17:43] | – $35 million? – Why don’t you try listening next time? | -3500万哈 -你没带耳朵吗 |
[17:45] | And you want to negotiate with them? | 而你们想和他们谈判 |
[17:46] | They stole $35 million a year from you, | 他们偷了你们一年3500万 |
[17:49] | and you want to negotiate? | 你们只是想和他们谈判 |
[17:50] | – Just vote, okay? – Sure. | -投你的票吧 -行啊 |
[17:52] | Which way do I vote to get buggered? | 爆菊花要怎么投 |
[17:53] | All right, I’ll mark you down as an abstention. | 行了 算你弃权票 |
[17:55] | What are you doing? | 你在干嘛 |
[17:57] | – What am I doing? – Yeah. | -你问我在干嘛 -对啊 |
[17:58] | Is this the client-retention working group? | 在开这个客户挽留工作会啊 |
[18:00] | Yeah. You got a minute? | 哦 有时间么 |
[18:02] | – Yeah. – Come on. | -有啊 -那跟我来 |
[18:04] | You. | 叫你呢 |
[18:05] | What do you do here? | 你在这做什么的 |
[18:06] | Doesn’t matter. You’re coming with me, all right? | 无所谓了 你跟我来 好吗 |
[18:08] | You, too. Ditch the jackets. | 还有你 外套脱了 |
[18:11] | – What are you doing? – Working. | -你干什么呢 -工作啊 |
[18:13] | Nah. You get lunch off. Come on. | 去吃午饭吧 来吧 |
[18:17] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[18:19] | I’m taking a legal field trip. | 来一发律所考察游 |
[18:21] | Florrick-Agos & Associates. | 这里是福瑞克&艾格斯律所 |
[18:23] | No, Mr. Agos is at lunch right now. | 不在 艾格斯先生外出午餐了 |
[18:25] | May I take a message? | 能留个口信吗 |
[18:26] | Wait, that might be him. Wait. | 等下 可能他回来了 等下 |
[18:29] | – How’s it going? – One second. No, that’s not him. | -怎么样啊 -等下 不是他 |
[18:32] | Right, everything. Lamps, too. | 对 所有的 灯也要 |
[18:34] | Excuse me, hello? | 抱歉 你好 |
[18:36] | Hello. Yes, we’re here with the rental company. | 你好 租赁公司派我们来的 |
[18:38] | They wanted us to swap out the furniture. | 他们让我们过来更换家具 |
[18:40] | – I-I didn’t know anything about that. – Yeah, well, | -我 我不清楚这事 -是嘛 |
[18:42] | we just got the call ourselves. | 我们也是刚接到电话 |
[18:44] | Howard, call the office, | 霍华德 给办公室打电话 |
[18:45] | – and tell them we’re on our way. – What? | -跟他们说我们在路上了 -啥 |
[18:47] | Howard. Call the office | 霍华德 给办公室打电话 |
[18:49] | and tell them we’re on our way. | 跟他们说我们在路上了 |
[18:50] | We’ll be really quick. Right? | 我们动作很快的 |
[18:51] | Just let us know if we get in the way. | 如有妨碍请尽管说 |
[18:54] | Sure. | 当然 |
[18:55] | Cheers, love. | 谢谢 小可爱 |
[18:57] | Oh, careful with those, now, guys. | 小心点 伙计们 |
[18:59] | All of it into the freight elevator. | 从货运电梯下去 |
[19:11] | 原告: 沙希德 被告: 瞎掰网 | |
[19:23] | It’s gone. | 没有了 |
[19:25] | The thread? | 那个帖子吗 |
[19:25] | Yeah. “Due to legal injunction, | 是的 「因涉嫌违法 |
[19:27] | this thread has been removed by the owners.” | 此帖已被所有者移除」 |
[19:29] | Well, the law works… even on the Internet. | 法律还挺管用 互联网也没辙啊 |
[19:32] | What? | 怎么了 |
[19:33] | – There’s another thread? – There’s another thread. | -又出新帖了吗 -又出新的了 |
[19:35] | It just popped up. “Bombing suspect still at large.” | 刚发布的 「爆炸案疑犯仍然逍遥法外」 |
[19:38] | Does it mention Zayeed? | 提到扎耶德了吗 |
[19:44] | This is Whac-A-Mole. | 逗我们打地鼠玩呢 |
[19:46] | We get an injunction on one thread, and another one pops up. | 刚消灭了一个帖子 又蹦出来个新的 |
[19:50] | We need to get Scabbit in court. | 我们得想办法让「瞎掰网」出席法庭 |
[19:52] | Well, the judge leans our way; maybe they’ll sanction him. | 法官偏向我们 或许有办法得到批准 |
[19:59] | Oh, yeah, the, uh, movers came, | 是那个搬家公司过来了 |
[20:01] | and they said they should have the furniture here in about an hour. | 他们说大概一小时后就会把家具送过来 |
[20:07] | Peter, I need you to get on the phone with one of the… | 彼得 需要你接个电话 一个… |
[20:11] | You cannot let Peter appoint Rachel Keyser. | 你不能让彼得任命雷切尔·凯塞尔 |
[20:17] | Give me a minute, Nora. | 稍等我一下 诺拉 |
[20:21] | He has already appointed her. | 他已经任命了 |
[20:22] | Then tell him he made a mistake. | 那就跟他说他犯了个错误 |
[20:25] | I thought you said she was the judge’s favorite. | 我记得你说过她是法官最称心的助手 |
[20:29] | She was. | 她是 |
[20:37] | I will not have a woman who slept with my husband, | 我不会允许一个睡了我丈夫的女人 |
[20:41] | and al… almost ruined my family, | 几乎…毁了我家庭的女人 |
[20:45] | be rewarded with a seat in my son’s cabinet. | 在我儿子的内阁中占有一席之地 |
[20:51] | Does Peter know? | 彼得知道吗 |
[20:57] | I’m sorry, Jackie. | 我很抱歉 杰姬 |
[21:00] | I understand why you’re upset. | 我理解你为什么生气 |
[21:01] | No. You don’t. | 不 你不理解 |
[21:04] | That’s true, I don’t, but my hands are tied here. | 没错 我不理解 但我已经无能为力了 |
[21:07] | Peter has already reversed the appointment of one female candidate. | 彼得已经撤销一位女性候选者的任命 |
[21:10] | He can’t do it again. | 他不能再这么做了 |
[21:11] | You don’t want me to go to my son about this. | 你不想要我自己去跟我儿子说吧 |
[21:16] | No, you’re right, I don’t. | 是的 你说得对 我是不想 |
[21:19] | But I don’t think you want to, either. | 但我觉得你也不会想的 |
[21:25] | That’s dirty, Eli. | 这太卑鄙了 伊莱 |
[21:26] | No. No, it’s not. | 不不 不卑鄙 |
[21:28] | There is no political reason to dump this candidate, | 政治上没有任何理由除掉这名候选人 |
[21:31] | and I will not pretend there is to make things… | 我也不会捏造一个以让… |
[21:35] | emotionally easier. | 感情上更好过一点 |
[21:44] | How understanding of you. | 你还真是善解人意啊 |
[21:49] | Jackie, I’m sorry, but… | 抱歉 杰姬 但是… |
[21:53] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[21:54] | Well, that injunction didn’t work. | 那条禁令没起作用啊 |
[21:57] | It appears so, Your Honor, and as you can see, | 确实如此 法官阁下 正如您所见 |
[22:01] | a new thread has popped up that also disparages our client. | 又出现了一个新帖诽谤我们的委托人 |
[22:03] | Yes, that has a way of happening. | 是的 事情有时就是如此 |
[22:05] | And as you can see, Scabbit has again refused to appear in court. | 您也看见了 「瞎掰网」再次拒绝出庭 |
[22:07] | Uh, no. Uh, we just got a message. | 没有 我们刚收到一条短信 |
[22:09] | They are on their way with their new counsel. | 他们正带着新律师在赶来的路上 |
[22:12] | So, let’s give them a couple of moments. | 我们就再等他们几分钟吧 |
[22:13] | So, uh, how is it going on your own? | 你自己最近怎么样啊 |
[22:16] | On my own? | 我自己吗 |
[22:18] | Oh. My own law firm. Mm. | 您是指我的律所 |
[22:22] | Bracing, Your Honor. | 还撑得住 法官阁下 |
[22:23] | I remember my first year hanging the shingle. | 我还记得我自己开业做律师那年 |
[22:26] | Oh, God, there’s nothing scarier in the world. | 上帝 世上没有比这更可怕的了 |
[22:28] | Yes, Your Honor. | 是的 法官阁下 |
[22:29] | Oh, here’s your opposition. | 你的对手来了 |
[22:32] | Hello, Your Honor. | 您好 法官阁下 |
[22:33] | Will Gardner and Damian Boyle here representing | 威尔·加德纳和达米安·波伊尔 |
[22:35] | the interests of Scabbit.Com. | 「瞎掰网」的代理律师 |
[22:37] | Will Gardner? Why is that…? | 威尔·加德纳 怎么会… |
[22:40] | Oh, yes. | 想起来了 |
[22:41] | You two used to be on the same side, didn’t you? | 你们俩以前是搭档 对吗 |
[22:43] | Yes, Your Honor. | 是的 法官阁下 |
[22:44] | Oh, well, that’s awkward. | 好吧 这下尴尬了 |
[22:47] | Not at all, Your Honor. | 完全没有 法官阁下 |
[22:53] | Scabbit has not adhered to the cease-and-desist order, Your Honor. | 「瞎掰网」没有遵守禁止令 法官阁下 |
[22:57] | We have adhered, Your Honor. | 我们遵守了 法官阁下 |
[22:58] | As Mrs. Florrick is well aware, | 福瑞克女士也很清楚 |
[22:59] | we’ve taken down the thread | 我们把那个帖子撤下来了 |
[23:01] | covered in the original complaint. | 最初的投诉中所指明的那个 |
[23:01] | The thread has been renamed, | 帖子被重新命名了 |
[23:03] | not taken down. May I approach? | 并没被撤销 我可以上前一步吗 |
[23:05] | Oh, please. | 尽管过来 |
[23:07] | As you can see here, | 正如您所见 |
[23:09] | the deleted “Milwaukee Bomber” thread | 被删除的「密尔沃基炸弹客」帖子 |
[23:10] | has been renamed, “Who Bombed the Milwaukee Festival?” | 被重命名为”谁在密尔沃基节上投了炸弹” |
[23:14] | That is not a renaming. | 这并不是重命名 |
[23:15] | That is a spontaneous expression of Scabbit’s members. | 这是「瞎掰网」用户的一种自发表达 |
[23:18] | We took down the thread. They introduced their own. | 我们撤下帖子 他们发布了自己的 |
[23:20] | We can control our actions, Your Honor, | 我们可以控制自己的行为 法官阁下 |
[23:21] | but we can not and should not | 但我们不能也不应该 |
[23:23] | control the actions of our members. | 控制我们用户的行为 |
[23:25] | We are not asking them to control anyone but themselves. | 我们并不是在请求他们去控制自己以外的人 |
[23:28] | We ask that they be forced to take down this new thread… | 我们只是请求他们撤销这个新帖… |
[23:31] | You know, I agree with Mrs. Florrick. | 我同意福瑞克女士 |
[23:33] | You guys… you’re playing with semantics. | 你们只是在玩弄字眼 |
[23:35] | You’re not going to the spirit of the law. | 你们没有显示法律精神 |
[23:37] | We ask that they take down this thread, Your Honor. | 我们请求他们撤下那个帖子 法官阁下 |
[23:38] | Sure. | 当然 |
[23:40] | This is the CEO of Scabbit.Com. | 这位是「瞎掰网」的首席执行官 |
[23:42] | Uh, Mr. Essex, would you do the honor? | 埃塞克斯先生 能否请你处理一下 |
[23:44] | Yes. | 可以 |
[23:46] | It’s gone. The thread’s gone. | 没有了 帖子没了 |
[23:47] | This is a game, uh… | 这是个游戏 |
[23:49] | Your Honor, may I approach the bench? | 法官阁下 我可以上前一步吗 |
[23:51] | Oh, come on down. It’s a party. | 尽管来吧 派对走起 |
[23:53] | This is a game of Whac-A-Mole, Your Honor. | 这完全是打地鼠游戏 法官阁下 |
[23:55] | There will be three more threads by this afternoon. | 今天下午会出现三个新帖 |
[23:57] | I have a question. | 我有个问题 |
[23:58] | Has anyone ever actually played Whac-A-Mole? | 真有人玩过打地鼠吗 |
[24:00] | Or is it some metaphor we use mindlessly? | 还是说这只是个无谓的比喻罢了 |
[24:02] | Oh, yes, I have, Your Honor. | 我玩过 法官阁下 |
[24:04] | Navy Pier. | 在海军码头 |
[24:05] | It’s really good. | 好玩极了 |
[24:07] | – Helps get out your aggressions. – What’s your name again? | -相当有助于心理减压 -你叫什么来着 |
[24:09] | – Damian Boyle. – In what part of Ireland? | -达米安·博伊 -是爱尔兰哪里人呢 |
[24:10] | Oh, no, no. The accent’s fake. | 不是爱尔兰人 我的口音是装的 |
[24:12] | I’m from Queens. | 我来自纽约皇后区 |
[24:14] | The point is, Your Honor, | 重点是 法官阁下 |
[24:16] | we move that Scabbit honor the spirit of your ruling | 我方申请「瞎掰网」在帖子一出时就将其删除 |
[24:18] | by deleting threads as they appear. | 以示对您裁决的尊重 |
[24:19] | How? I mean, how-how-how do we do that? | 怎么做 我是说我们怎么删 |
[24:22] | Scabbit employs moderators who… | 「瞎掰网」雇有网管… |
[24:25] | Yes, Mrs. Florrick? | 继续 福瑞克夫人 |
[24:27] | Uh, we-we just, that, uh… | 我们只是… |
[24:29] | Your Honor, we ask that Chumhum… excuse me… | 法官阁下 我方要求查查网…抱歉 |
[24:32] | that Scabbit issue an edict | 「瞎掰网」发布公告 |
[24:35] | to have those moderators prohibit postings | 要求网管们阻止 |
[24:37] | vilifying Zayeed Shaheed. | 诽谤扎耶德·沙希德的帖子 |
[24:38] | That is a prior restraint, Your Honor. | 这属于预先限制 法官阁下 |
[24:40] | I’m surprised Mrs. Florrick and Mr. Agos would even suggest it. | 没想到福瑞克夫人和艾格斯先生还会提这个 |
[24:42] | Maybe that would work for Chumhum… | 这也许对查查网还管用… |
[24:43] | We are ready and able to delete any threads | 我们已经准备好且也能够删除 |
[24:45] | ordered by the court, but it is unconstitutional | 法庭下令删除的任何帖子 但事前言论限制 |
[24:48] | – to restrain speech beforehand. – Your Honor, | -违反宪法规定 -法官阁下 |
[24:49] | – this is a game. – Yes. Whac-A-Mole. We’ve been over this. | -这是耍花招 -打地鼠嘛 刚才说过了 |
[24:52] | We can’t come in here every time a new post appears. | 我们总不能出一条帖子来一次法庭 |
[24:55] | There’s a new one. | 又有新的了 |
[24:56] | See? New thread’s up already. | 您看 已经有新的了 |
[24:58] | What’s the title of it? | 标题是什么 |
[24:59] | “Milwaukee Bomber Part Two.” | 「密尔沃基炸弹客第二弹」 |
[25:02] | – Would the court like it deleted? – Yes. | -您要我们删了它吗 -当然 |
[25:05] | Done. | 删了 |
[25:05] | – Your Honor… this is ridiculous. – Yes. | -法官阁下 这太荒谬了 -没错 |
[25:08] | Unfortunately, it might be, but it’s the law. | 可惜或许荒谬 但这就是法律 |
[25:11] | My cease-and-desist orders can not cover future infractions, | 我的禁止令无法限制将来的违法行为 |
[25:14] | only current, so, return with | 只能限制当前的 所以一出了新帖 |
[25:17] | objections to threads as they appear, | 就来法庭提异议吧 |
[25:19] | and… I will rule. | 我会裁决的 |
[25:24] | Where did you get that? | 你从哪里弄来的 |
[25:25] | What? Oh, oh, this old thing. | 什么 这个老玩意啊 |
[25:27] | Oh, I don’t know. | 不记得了 |
[25:28] | Why? Do you like it? | 怎么 你喜欢啊 |
[25:29] | I liked it when it was on my desk. | 它在我的办公桌上放着的时候我很喜欢 |
[25:31] | Oh, you have one, too? | 你也有一个吗 |
[25:33] | You’re the world’s number one mom? | 你是世界第一的妈妈吗 |
[25:34] | Well, I have me moments. | 噢 我也有过美好的时刻 |
[25:36] | You took the furniture from our offices. | 是你把我们办公室的家具都搬走了 |
[25:39] | So, this is what it’s come down to… high school pranks? | 所以现在你们这是要玩高中生恶作剧吗 |
[25:43] | I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 根本不知道你们在说什么 |
[25:47] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[25:52] | I am calling for a vote to rescind the partnership | 我现在提议投票决定是否撤销 |
[25:55] | extended to Damian Boyle by Will. | 威尔给予达米安·博伊成为合伙人的邀请 |
[25:57] | – Any debate? – I kind of like the guy. | -有不同意见吗 -我挺喜欢他的 |
[25:59] | Yeah, I say we give him a chance. | 我觉得我们应该给他个机会 |
[26:03] | David, you’re the one who called for this vote. | 大卫 提议这项投票的人可是你 |
[26:05] | – Yeah. I changed my mind. – Me, too. | -是我 但我改变主意了 -我也是 |
[26:07] | And he brought us this Internet thing. What’s it called? | 他还给我们带来了这个网站案 叫那什么 |
[26:10] | – Scabbit. – Yeah. | -「瞎掰网」 -对 |
[26:11] | And he’s a very funny guy. | 而且这家伙相当搞笑 |
[26:13] | Howard, this is a law firm, not Second City. | 霍华德 这里是律所 不是「第二城」 |
[26:15] | If the motion is to remove him, I’d vote no. | 如果是要投票开除他 我就投反对票 |
[26:23] | Hey. You were looking for me? | 你找我吗 |
[26:29] | What do you think of Damian? | 你觉得达米安这人怎么样 |
[26:30] | Mm, not much. | 一般般 |
[26:32] | Based on what? | 为什么 |
[26:34] | First impressions. | 第一印象 |
[26:36] | Can you get me more than that? | 能多给我些信息吗 |
[26:37] | I can try. We didn’t get a chance to vet him. | 我试试看 之前我们没调查他的背景 |
[26:41] | Vet him now. | 现在去查 |
[26:46] | I sent Sondra to get another card table. | 我已经叫桑德拉再去搬个折叠桌了 |
[26:48] | – Who was that guy? – Damian Boyle? | -那人是谁 -达米安·博伊 |
[26:50] | Lockhart/Gardner’s new rainmaker. | 「洛&加」新来的能人干将 |
[26:53] | Brass knuckles type. | 这家伙是个暗器派 |
[26:54] | Why would Lockhart/Gardner represent Scabbit? | 为什么洛&加会代理「瞎掰网」 |
[26:56] | There can’t be much money there. | 应该没多少钱可赚的 |
[26:57] | It’s a double-bank shot. | 这叫一石二鸟 |
[26:59] | They want Chumhum to see us arguing against Internet freedom. | 他们想让查查网看到我们在批驳网络自由权 |
[27:01] | – So they can pull Chumhum back. – Yup. | -这样就能把查查网抢回去了 -对 |
[27:04] | – Any leads on our furniture? – Uh, no. | -我们的家具有线索了吗 -没有 |
[27:05] | The surveillance cameras downstairs were broken. | 楼下的监控摄像机都坏了 |
[27:08] | We’re having new furniture brought in this afternoon. | 新家具今天下午就送来 |
[27:11] | – You want to get the cops involved? – Zayeed? | -你想把警方牵扯进来吗 -扎耶德 |
[27:13] | What’s wrong? | 出什么事了 |
[27:14] | I just got fired. | 我刚被解雇了 |
[27:17] | What?! | 什么 |
[27:17] | I went back to my office, and security barred my door. | 我刚回办公室 却被保安拦在了门口 |
[27:20] | Oh, my God. I’m so sorry. | 天啊 这太糟糕了 |
[27:21] | It’s these threads. | 都怪那些帖子 |
[27:23] | They’re saying incredible things. | 他们说的简直难以置信 |
[27:24] | They say I was at a madrasa in Afghanistan. | 他们说我在阿富汗的宗教学校待过 |
[27:26] | They say I was at a terrorist training camp. | 说我参加过恐怖分子训练营 |
[27:31] | What? | 怎么 |
[27:32] | We’ve been going at this wrong. | 我们的进攻方式错了 |
[27:34] | In a piecemeal way. | 零敲碎打 |
[27:35] | You have damages now. | 你现在有经济损失了 |
[27:39] | Defamation, Your Honor. | 是诽谤 法官阁下 |
[27:40] | Well, that’s imaginative. | 真有想象力 |
[27:42] | You two do know that I have other cases? | 你们俩都知道我还有别的案件要审吧 |
[27:44] | We’re asking for $400,000 in compensatory damages | 我方请求40万损害性赔偿 |
[27:47] | and $8 million in punitive damages. | 以及800万惩罚性赔偿 |
[27:48] | Wow. $8 million. Why not $60? | 哇 800万 干嘛不要个6000万 |
[27:51] | Our client lost his job | 我的当事人丢了工作 |
[27:52] | and a lucrative book deal | 失去了著作大卖的机会 |
[27:53] | due to the reckless behavior exhibited by Scabbit. | 这都归咎于「瞎掰网」的这种鲁莽行为 |
[27:56] | There’s no defamation. | 不存在诽谤 |
[27:57] | Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act | 「通信规范法」第230条 |
[28:00] | specifically exempts hosts from the responsibility | 明确规定了网站所有者无须对其用户 |
[28:03] | of postings for their users. | 发帖的行为承担责任 |
[28:04] | Right, you can’t sue the city for building sidewalks | 对 你不能因为抗议人群声讨言论自由 |
[28:07] | where protestors voice their freedom of speech. | 就起诉政府修了人行道 |
[28:09] | Yes. Unless the offender is an employee of the Scabbit Web site. | 对 但若违法者是该网站员工就另当别论了 |
[28:12] | You’re fishing. She’s fishing, Your Honor. | 你是在试探 她在试探 法官阁下 |
[28:14] | I wish I were, but we have a witness. | 我也希望是 但我们有证人 |
[28:17] | Goody. | 很好 |
[28:18] | Grant Irvin. | 格兰特·艾文 |
[28:20] | Scabbit screen name: “Lotion my feet.” | 「瞎掰网」的用户名是「洗脚大仙」 |
[28:23] | “Lotion my feet”? Really? | 「洗脚大仙」 真的吗 |
[28:25] | Yes. It’s a joke. | 真的 是个玩笑 |
[28:27] | And how long have you been active on Scabbit, Mr. Irvin? | 你活跃于「瞎掰网」多久了 艾文先生 |
[28:29] | From the beginning. | 从一开始 |
[28:30] | The very beginning. Hi, Darryl. | 从网站建立就开始了 你好 达尔 |
[28:32] | In fact, you’re a Ground Floor Poster, | 事实上 你是一楼楼主 |
[28:35] | Mr. Irvin. What does that mean? | 艾文先生 这是什么意思 |
[28:36] | It means I’m… pretty cool, pretty gansta. | 这说明我很厉害 非常棒 |
[28:39] | Oh, we are happy for you. | 真为你高兴 |
[28:41] | And, um, this is your comment | 这是你两天前 |
[28:43] | from two days ago? | 发表的评论吗 |
[28:44] | “Zayeed is a terrorist | 扎耶德是个恐怖分子 |
[28:45] | “trained in Pakistan and sent to America undercover. | 曾在巴基斯坦受训并被派到美国从事间谍活动 |
[28:49] | Lotion my feet.”? | 「洗脚大仙」 |
[28:50] | Yes. That’s me. | 是的 是我发的 |
[28:51] | And how did you know this about Zayeed? | 你怎么知道扎耶德这些事情的 |
[28:53] | How did I know it? I didn’t. It’s my opinion. | 这个嘛 我并不知道 只是我的想法 |
[28:56] | Okay. | 好 |
[28:58] | – Did you know he was born in Detroit? – No. | -你知道他出生在底特律吗 -不知道 |
[29:00] | And isn’t it true that in addition | 那么根据你 |
[29:02] | to your Ground Floor status, | 一楼楼主的地位 |
[29:03] | – you are a moderator on this site? – Yes. | -你是否也是这个网站的网管 -是的 |
[29:06] | And as a moderator, you monitor the topic threads, | 作为一名网管 你负责监控头条话题 |
[29:09] | and shut down accounts of abusive users? | 并有权将恶意谩骂用户进行封号是吗 |
[29:11] | – Yes. – And does Scabbit reward you for these efforts? | -是的 -「瞎掰网」有无给予你回报呢 |
[29:14] | Yeah. I have more Pimp Points than any other user. | 是的 我的「皮条分」比其他任何用户都多 |
[29:16] | Pimp Points? What are those? | 「皮条分」 那是什么 |
[29:18] | Like Internet money. It gets you more prestige. | 就像网络货币 使你更有威望 |
[29:21] | I have about as much influence as the founders. | 我拥有与网站创立人相当的影响力 |
[29:24] | Nothing further. | 我问完了 |
[29:25] | So, you said, Pimp Points are like Internet money? | 你刚刚说「皮条分」就像网络货币 |
[29:28] | Explain that to me. | 请具体解释下 |
[29:30] | Users with the most visited threads are rewarded | 帖子访问量最高的用户会获得奖赏 |
[29:33] | with online icons that appear next to their names. | 即显示在用户名旁边的一个网络图标 |
[29:36] | Ah, I see. | 我明白了 |
[29:38] | And can you use these Pimp Points to buy things | 你能使用「皮条分」购买 |
[29:40] | like food or clothing? | 食物或衣物之类的吗 |
[29:43] | No. | 不能 |
[29:44] | Your Honor, quite simply, | 法官阁下 |
[29:46] | employees are compensated. | 雇员显然是要得到报酬 |
[29:48] | Mr. Feet was never compensated for his efforts. | 洗脚先生从未得到过任何报酬 |
[29:50] | Employees are also supervised, Your Honor. | 法官阁下 雇员还是接受监管的 |
[29:51] | And we contend that the awarding of points indicates supervision. | 我方认为奖励积分可以被视为监管 |
[29:55] | Points can not be awarded | 只有版主在接受调查和监管的前提下 |
[29:56] | if the moderators are not tracked and supervised. | 才能被奖励积分 |
[29:58] | Yes. That’s a nice pivot. | 是的 说的很有道理 |
[30:00] | Supervision is enough to establish | 根据第230条规定 监管可以证明 |
[30:02] | employment as regards Section 230. | 雇佣关系的建立 |
[30:04] | – Just a, few more questions, Your Honor? – Go ahead. | -法官阁下 我有几个问题 -请问 |
[30:06] | – Mr. Irvin, do you…? – You can call me “Mr. Feet.” | -欧文先生 你 -你可以叫我洗脚先生 |
[30:09] | Uh, no, thanks. | 不用 谢谢 |
[30:10] | Were you contacted by Scabbit | 你在接受奖励积分和职位之前 |
[30:12] | before receiving your points and titles? | 「瞎掰网」有没有试图联系过你 |
[30:14] | By Scabbit? No. | 「瞎掰网」吗 没有 |
[30:15] | – Any supervisor at Scabbit? – No. | -你有受到「瞎掰网」的监管吗 -没有 |
[30:18] | In fact, do you know how Pimp Points are awarded? | 事实上 你知道积分是怎么计算的吗 |
[30:21] | Yeah. They’re based on algorithm. | 知道 是用算法计算出来的 |
[30:23] | Meaning, the computer decided the compensation, | 也就是说是电脑计算出来的 |
[30:25] | – not a human? – Yes. | -而不是人 -是的 |
[30:27] | It’s like Words With Friends rankings. | 就像「填字游戏」的排行榜 |
[30:29] | You reach a goal, and bam, here you go. | 积累一定数量 自然就排上去了 |
[30:32] | No more questions. | 没有问题了 |
[30:34] | Mrs. Florrick, any thoughts? | 福瑞克夫人 你有什么想说的吗 |
[30:40] | Not at this time. | 目前没有 |
[30:50] | You should have turned it down. | 你应该拒绝的 |
[30:54] | Jackie, hello. | 杰姬 你好 |
[30:56] | I’m sorry. What was that? | 不好意思 你说什么 |
[30:57] | I said, you should have turned it down. | 我说你应该拒绝 |
[30:59] | Now, it will be much more embarrassing when you bow out. | 不然的话 你现在出局会很难堪的 |
[31:05] | Jackie, why don’t you call my office? | 杰姬 要不你给我办公室打电话预个约 |
[31:08] | We’ll sit down and talk. | 我们坐下来慢慢谈 |
[31:10] | No, thank you. | 不 谢谢 |
[31:12] | If this is about that… confusion… | 如果这是因为…那个误会… |
[31:16] | Is that what it was… confusion? | 你称那个为误会 |
[31:19] | What, where to wear your panties? | 因为你不晓得哪儿不能脱裤子吗 |
[31:22] | That was a long time ago. | 那是很久以前的事了 |
[31:24] | I was 25. | 我那时只有25岁 |
[31:25] | Yes. And you should have slept | 是啊 那你就该去找个 |
[31:27] | with a husband of someone with a shorter memory. | 老婆记性不太好的人上床 |
[31:30] | It was nice seeing you, Jackie. | 杰姬 很高兴见到你 |
[31:32] | But I’m not bowing out of anything. | 但我是不会辞职的 |
[31:33] | Then I’ll tell your husband. | 那我应该告诉你老公 |
[31:38] | Tell my husband what? | 告诉我老公什么 |
[31:40] | That you had sex with my husband for two years | 你在和他结婚后 |
[31:44] | after you were married. | 和我老公乱搞了两年 |
[31:48] | He’s in the hospital with cancer. | 他现在因为癌症住院 |
[31:50] | That’s too bad. It’ll make it that much harder for him. | 真糟糕 这样他会更加痛苦了 |
[31:55] | You are an awful women. | 你这个阴毒的女人 |
[31:56] | Yes. I am. | 不错 我承认 |
[31:58] | Bow out, or I’ll tell your husband. | 辞职 不然我告诉你老公 |
[32:00] | He already knows. | 他已经知道了 |
[32:02] | – I don’t believe you. – Too bad. | -我不信 -很可惜 |
[32:04] | Ronald and I don’t keep secrets from each other. | 罗纳德和我之间没有秘密 |
[32:06] | He’s known for years. | 他早就知道了 |
[32:08] | So do your worst, Jackie. | 杰姬 你尽管放马过来 |
[32:12] | You were never important to the judge. | 你对法官从来都不重要 |
[32:18] | Excuse me, I have to get to my lunch. | 抱歉 我现在要去吃饭了 |
[32:29] | Thanks for doing this. | 谢谢你为这件事抽空过来 |
[32:30] | It should only take a few minutes. | 应该只会占用你几分钟 |
[32:32] | Sure. | 没事 |
[32:33] | And, uh, what is “This”? | 「这件事」是什么事 |
[32:35] | Um, it’s the usual employment questions. | 就是一些普通的聘任问题 |
[32:38] | We like to keep this stuff on file. | 我们喜欢记录下来存档 |
[32:40] | – Oh…you’re the investigator. – Yes. | -原来…你就是调查员 -是的 |
[32:42] | – Are you good? – I am. | -你厉害吗 -是的 |
[32:45] | I don’t believe in women investigators. | 我不相信女调查员 |
[32:47] | You’re just not… | 你们总是… |
[32:49] | – thorough enough. – Good. | -不够全面 -很好 |
[32:50] | That will give me more time to work with the other partners. | 这样我就有更多时间帮别的合伙人 |
[32:54] | Birthdate? | 出生日期 |
[32:56] | July 13, 1971. | 1971年7月13日 |
[32:58] | May 5, 1971. | 1971年5月5日 |
[33:01] | November 3, 1972. | 1972年11月3日 |
[33:04] | And do you have a primary one? | 哪个比较准一点 |
[33:08] | How long have you been in the states? | 你在美国待多久了 |
[33:09] | 15 years. How ’bout yourself? | 15年了 你呢 |
[33:11] | – How long have you been in private practice? – Eight years. | -你自己单干多久了 -八年 |
[33:12] | – Any family? – Yeah. | -有家人吗 -有的 |
[33:18] | Who are they? | 有谁 |
[33:21] | Five sisters in Dublin. | 有五个姐妹在都柏林 |
[33:22] | Four married, one in school. | 四个结婚了 一个在上学 |
[33:23] | My mother’s in a home. Father’s dead. | 我妈是家庭主妇 父亲死了 |
[33:25] | He left her when I was eight. | 他在我八岁时离家弃子 |
[33:26] | I have authority issues. | 没人管我 |
[33:28] | And I really like the color purple. | 我很喜欢紫色 |
[33:33] | So, uh, you ever been arrested? | 你坐过牢吗 |
[33:36] | No comment. | 无可奉告 |
[33:37] | Hmm. Actually, that’s, uh… that’s not a possibility. | 这个答案我不接受 |
[33:39] | – Actually, it has to be. – No, you don’t understand. | -肯定可以接受 -不 你不明白 |
[33:42] | – I need an answer. – Or…? | -我需要的是答案 -不然… |
[33:44] | Or I will have to investigate. | 不然我就会自己调查 |
[33:46] | And that way you won’t get a chance | 这样你就没有办法 |
[33:48] | to put your arrests in perspective. | 告诉我被捕的真实情况了 |
[33:53] | Yeah, fair enough. Um, last first or… | 说的对 按倒序来排 还是… |
[33:56] | If you want. Yeah? | 想按什么顺序都行 |
[33:57] | Before we, um… a few things, | 在我们…开始之前 我想先说一下 |
[34:00] | I feel like I have a better perspective on the law | 我觉得正是因为我坐过牢 |
[34:03] | because I’ve seen both sides of it. | 才能让我更好的理解法律 |
[34:05] | Save the speech for Will and Diane. | 你的这些话留给威尔和戴安听 |
[34:07] | I just need the facts. | 我只要听实际情况 |
[34:13] | Section 230 applies. | 第230条适用 |
[34:14] | Your supervision counters a clever argument, | 你提出的监管这个论点不错 |
[34:17] | but the reward system is based on an algorithm. | 但介于奖励机制是通过算法得出的 |
[34:19] | Therefore, Scabbit posters cannot be classified as employees. | 所以「瞎掰网」用户不能被定义为雇员 |
[34:23] | So there’s no defamation. | 诽谤不成立 |
[34:24] | Your Honor, we cannot be assured | 法官阁下 我们不能确认 |
[34:25] | that the posters are not, in fact, employees of Scabbit. | 用户是不是「瞎掰网」的员工 |
[34:28] | – We only have access to their online user names. – Hold on. | -只有找出其网站用户名才行 -等等 |
[34:31] | We ask that Scabbit release | 我方要求「瞎掰网」公布 |
[34:32] | the real names of the posters involved in defaming my client. | 诋毁我方委托人的用户真实姓名 |
[34:35] | This is the only way we can determine | 这是唯一能确定相关用户 |
[34:39] | if the posters in question are not actually Scabbit employees. | 是否是「瞎掰网」雇员的方法 |
[34:42] | Objection, Your Honor. | 我反对 法官阁下 |
[34:43] | – This is a Mrs. Florrick ploy. – Really? | -这是福瑞克夫人的花招 -是吗 |
[34:46] | Really. Revealing the identities of users would destroy Scabbit. | 当然 公布用户的真名会搞垮「瞎掰网」 |
[34:49] | Still, it seems like a-a fair request to me. | 我听起来这是个合理的要求 |
[34:52] | I mean, your argument is that the users | 你说那些诋毁她委托人的用户 |
[34:54] | who defamed her client are not employees. | 不是网站的员工 |
[34:57] | Well, the only way she can tell that | 只有给她相关人员的真名 |
[34:59] | is if she’s given the actual names of the users. | 才能准确地证实你的论点 |
[35:02] | Can we ask for a gag order | 我方能要求一个言论禁止令 |
[35:03] | to protect the identities of the posters? | 来保护用户的隐私安全吗 |
[35:05] | Absolutely. Come on. Ask for anything you want. | 当然 有什么要求尽管提出来 |
[35:07] | Unlike Scabbit, we are not interested in defaming innocent people. | 我们不像「瞎掰网」 不想诋毁无辜的人 |
[35:10] | We just want the truth. | 我们只想要知道真相 |
[35:11] | Oh.Well, try to accept your victory without gloating, | 尽量不要表现出你的洋洋得意 |
[35:14] | Mrs. Florrick. Please release the names to Florrick&Agos | 福瑞克夫人 请在今天之前把名字 |
[35:16] | by the end of the day. | 交给「福瑞克&艾格斯」 |
[35:19] | Damian? | 达米安吗 |
[35:20] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[35:22] | He was pretty forthcoming. | 他很坦白 |
[35:23] | Well, that’s surprising. | 我很惊讶 |
[35:25] | He gave me three different birthdays. | 他给了我三个不同的出生日期 |
[35:27] | Only three? | 只有三个 |
[35:28] | He did pass the Illinois bar. | 他确实通过了伊利诺伊州的司法考试 |
[35:31] | And he was in a D.U.I. a few months ago | 几个月前 因为酒驾 |
[35:33] | in which he hit a streetlight. | 撞上了路灯 |
[35:34] | It’s not on his record? | 他档案上没写吗 |
[35:35] | No. Police decided not to prosecute, | 没写 在他捐钱给警队后 |
[35:38] | after he gave a donation to the Police Memorial Fund. | 警方决定取消立案 |
[35:42] | Was the donation for $18,000? | 是捐赠了一万八美金吗 |
[35:46] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[35:48] | Howard Lyman ran into a streetlight | 霍华德·莱曼先生撞到了电线杆 |
[35:50] | and donated $18,000 to the Police Memorial Fund to avoid a D.U.I. | 捐赠了一万八美金 免去了醉驾的起诉 |
[35:55] | – He’s using Howard Lyman’s indiscretion. – Yes. | -他在盗用霍华德·莱曼的故事 -是的 |
[35:58] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[35:59] | I’ll find out more. | 我再去多查点 |
[36:00] | This one’s a little off, isn’t he? | 这个人不按常理出牌 是吧 |
[36:03] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[36:05] | – Dangerous? – No. | -危险吗 -不 |
[36:07] | Just off. | 就是不同寻常 |
[36:09] | Lockhart&Gardner dumped 180 names on us, | 「洛克哈特&加德纳」扔给我们180个名字 |
[36:11] | and I cross-referenced them with Scabbit employees | 我比照了「瞎掰网」的员工 |
[36:13] | and there were no hits. | 没有对得上号的 |
[36:15] | Damn, so… what, we lost? | 可恶 那我们输了吗 |
[36:17] | Well, there was one poster, Dante Pryor, who doesn’t exist. | 有一个不存在的用户 但丁·普雷尔 |
[36:21] | Who? What does that mean? | 谁 那是什么意思 |
[36:22] | It means… | 这是指… |
[36:25] | I have no idea. | 我也不知道 |
[36:26] | But he’s all over the Web. His screen name is Chubbysocks52. | 但他的踪迹遍布网络 用户名「肥袜52」 |
[36:30] | And he’s on Chumhum, Facebook, Twitter, | 他在查查网 脸书 推特 |
[36:32] | Foursquare, but I can’t find him | 和四方网都有账号 可我在 |
[36:34] | through the DMV or utility companies. | 车管所和各种公司里都找不到他 |
[36:36] | Okay. So what do we do? | 好吧 那我们怎么办 |
[36:37] | I have no idea. | 不知道 |
[36:39] | 180 users defamed Zayeed. | 诽谤扎耶德的180名用户中 |
[36:41] | 179 I located, one I haven’t. | 只有一人我找不到 |
[36:42] | His name is Dante Pryor, and he seems to be a ghost? | 他叫但丁·普雷尔 似乎是个幽灵 |
[36:57] | – Jackie Florrick. – Ronald. | -杰姬·福瑞克 -罗纳德 |
[36:59] | I heard you were ill, and it… | 我听说你病了 |
[37:01] | reminded me of just how long it’s been | 这让我想起我们已经 |
[37:04] | since we’ve seen each other. | 多年未见面了 |
[37:05] | Yes. When you’re in the hospital, | 是啊 当你躺在医院里 |
[37:07] | you find out who your friends are. | 才知道谁是真正的朋友 |
[37:09] | Yes, you do. | 的确如此 |
[37:10] | And I brought you flowers. | 我给你带了花 |
[37:12] | Hey, Rach. Look who’s here. | 雷切尔 看看谁来了 |
[37:15] | You remember Jackie? | 记得杰姬吗 |
[37:18] | Hi, Rachel. | 你好啊 雷切尔 |
[37:20] | It’s so good to see you. | 真高兴见到你 |
[37:28] | And how are you feeling? | 你感觉如何 |
[37:29] | Well, the diagnosis is not good. | 诊断结果并不好 |
[37:33] | But the bright spot… | 但好在… |
[37:35] | is the way Rachel has stuck by my side. | 有雷切尔一直守在我身旁 |
[37:36] | Yes, she’s very special. | 是啊 她很特别 |
[37:39] | I remember when she worked for the judge. | 我记得她为法官工作那时 |
[37:42] | He’d come home at night and sing her praises… | 他晚上回家来常赞扬她 |
[37:44] | Jackie, why don’t we talk outside? | 杰姬 我们不妨到外面谈谈吧 |
[37:46] | Of course, my dear. | 好的 亲爱的 |
[37:48] | It’s been a while since we’ve caught up as well. | 我们也好一阵子没联络了 |
[37:52] | We’d like to call Dante Pryor to the stand. | 我们要求但丁·普雷尔出庭作证 |
[37:54] | Dante Pryor? Okay. That’s a name. | 但丁·普雷尔 好吧 这是个名字 |
[37:57] | – Where is he? – Well, that’s what we would like to know. | -他在哪儿 -我们也想知道 |
[37:59] | We can’t find him. | 我们找不到他 |
[38:00] | Why did you call him? | 为什么你要求他出庭 |
[38:01] | Dante Pryor is a Scabbit user | 但丁·普雷尔是「瞎掰网」用户 |
[38:03] | who goes by the online name of Chubbysocks52. | 网名为「肥袜52」 |
[38:06] | It’s one of the names that was released to us. | 是我们收到的名单中的一位 |
[38:07] | Why isn’t he here? | 他为什么不在这儿 |
[38:08] | He’s not human. | 他不是人类 |
[38:10] | He’s a robot. | 他是个机器人 |
[38:11] | Objection. | 反对 |
[38:12] | Dante Pryor is a Socialbot, created by Scabbit | 但丁·普雷尔是「瞎掰网」创建的社交机器人 |
[38:15] | and released on their site as Chubbysocks52. | 以网名「肥袜52」在该网站上活动 |
[38:18] | Your Honor, I have an objection. Relevance. | 法官阁下 我反对 与本案无关 |
[38:20] | It’s only relevant if I can understand. | 我得理解了才能判断是否有关 |
[38:22] | – Go on. – This Socialbot was designed to appear human | -继续 -该社交机器人用于假扮人类 |
[38:26] | and drive traffic from its Chumhum account | 以从查查网和推特上 |
[38:28] | and Twitter feed to Scabbit. | 把用户引到「瞎掰网」 |
[38:30] | And it defamed your client? | 它诽谤了你的委托人吗 |
[38:31] | How could a robot defame your client? | 一个机器人怎会诽谤你的客户 |
[38:33] | It’s designed to repackage comments and gossip by others | 它是将其他人的流言蜚语重新整合 |
[38:37] | and disperse it onto sites | 并散布在网站上 |
[38:39] | so it can drive interested users back to Scabbit. | 从而将感兴趣的用户吸引到「瞎掰网」来 |
[38:42] | You Honor, a Socialbot cannot defame… | 法官阁下 社交机器人无法诽谤 |
[38:44] | “Zayeed Shaheed is a guilty Muslim terrorist | 扎耶德·沙希德是穆斯林恐怖分子 |
[38:46] | who bombed the Milwaukee Festival. Chubbysocks52.” | 他在密尔沃基节引爆了炸弹 「肥袜52」 |
[38:49] | And-and that… all that is from this Socialbot? | 这句话出自这个社交机器人吗 |
[38:52] | Yes. It’s a computerized version of the worst part of human nature. | 是的 这是将丑恶人性计算机化的产物 |
[38:56] | And it was built by Scabbit. | 是由「瞎掰网」创造的 |
[38:58] | Therefore, Scabbit is responsible. | 因此 「瞎掰网」负有责任 |
[39:02] | Any thoughts? | 有什么想法吗 |
[39:04] | Your Honor, we’d like a recess to confer with our client. | 法官阁下 我们想休庭与委托人商量一下 |
[39:07] | Go for it. | 去吧 |
[39:24] | Huh. This is different. | 很不一样 |
[39:29] | Well, on the bright side, | 往好处想 |
[39:30] | we weren’t shot by the crack dealers on the corner. | 我们不会被躲在角落的毒贩枪杀 |
[39:34] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[39:42] | What? | 怎么 |
[39:44] | The spartan look, | 简朴的装潢 |
[39:46] | the neighborhood… | 这种地段 |
[39:48] | reminds me of us starting out. | 让我想起了我们白手起家的时候 |
[39:50] | This wasn’t anything like us. | 我们可不是这样的 |
[39:52] | Yes, it is. | 就是这样的 |
[39:55] | Do you miss it? | 你怀念那时候吗 |
[39:58] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[40:02] | Hello? | 有人吗 |
[40:05] | Cutting out early? | 早下班吗 |
[40:06] | Yeah. This is generally the time I wire my ill-gotten gains | 是 这个时候我一般要把不法所得 |
[40:10] | to my account in the Caymans. | 汇到开曼群岛账户上 |
[40:12] | What do you need? | 你需要什么 |
[40:13] | Just a small clarification. | 一些补充说明 |
[40:15] | It appears you never had any student loans from law school. | 你在法学院读书时似乎没有申请助学贷款 |
[40:19] | How’d you pay for it? | 你是如何支付学费的 |
[40:20] | Me parents. | 父母 |
[40:21] | They owned the one movie theater in town, | 他们在镇上有家电影院 |
[40:23] | sold it so I could cover my tuition. | 把它卖了给我交的学费 |
[40:24] | You said your father left you when you were eight. | 你说你八岁时父亲就离开了 |
[40:28] | Me ma. | 我母亲 |
[40:30] | She owned the one movie theater in our town, | 她在镇上有家电影院 |
[40:32] | sold it so I could cover my tuition… | 把它卖了给我交的学费 |
[40:33] | What game are you playing, Mr. Boyle? | 你在耍什么把戏 博伊先生 |
[40:35] | You got me all wrong, Kalinda. I’m not the game-playing type. | 你错看我了 凯琳达 我不耍把戏 |
[40:39] | I might be a fun-loving type. | 我或许是幽默风趣型的 |
[40:40] | But games? No. | 但耍把戏 不 |
[40:43] | Too much energy. | 那太费精力 |
[40:44] | Then why don’t you just come clean? Hmm? | 那为什么你不坦白呢 |
[40:47] | You know, sooner or later, | 你该知道 早晚 |
[40:49] | I’ll find out what I need to know. | 我会查出我想知道的东西 |
[40:52] | Great. | 很好 |
[40:54] | Come at me. | 来查我呀 |
[40:57] | I’m here. | 恭迎大驾 |
[41:01] | Rachel, I admit I’m disappointed, but I understand. | 雷切尔 我承认我很失望 但我理解 |
[41:05] | Thank you for calling. | 感谢来电 |
[41:08] | Jackie. | 杰姬 |
[41:09] | Yes, Mr. Gold? | 怎么 戈德先生 |
[41:10] | Rachel Keyser has dropped out | 雷切尔·凯泽拒绝了 |
[41:12] | as Supreme Court candidate. | 州最高法院法官候选人 |
[41:13] | Oh, that’s certainly unfortunate. | 这很不幸 |
[41:15] | But I’m not at all surprised. | 但我可没那么惊讶 |
[41:16] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[41:18] | Well, I heard her husband was ill. | 我听说她丈夫病了 |
[41:19] | I’m sure she wanted to devote time to his care. | 我确信她是想专心照顾丈夫 |
[41:23] | That’s the only reason? | 这是唯一的理由吗 |
[41:25] | What else could it be? | 还能有什么理由 |
[41:27] | You. | 你 |
[41:28] | Me? | 我 |
[41:29] | No. | 不 |
[41:30] | I-I’m here to decorate peter’s office. That’s all. | 我只是来装饰彼得的办公室而已 |
[41:35] | Jackie. | 杰姬 |
[41:37] | You can’t do this. | 你不能这么做 |
[41:39] | Do what? | 做什么 |
[41:41] | Rachel has always done what’s best for Rachel. | 雷切尔从来只做对自己最有利的事 |
[41:47] | it’s always nice chatting with you, Mr. Gold, | 和你聊天总是那么愉快 戈德先生 |
[41:49] | but, um, I have to find a place for this. | 我得为这个找块地方 |
[41:53] | Artwork. Party planning. | 艺术品 派对规划什么的 |
[41:54] | You know, my domain. | 你知道的 我的地盘 |
[42:01] | $830,000. That’s our final offer. | 83万 这是我们的最终报价 |
[42:04] | We used to work for you. | 我们曾为你们工作 |
[42:06] | There are always three offers before the final offer. | 最终报价前总有三个报价 |
[42:08] | You shouldn’t overestimate our generosity. | 你们不该高估我们的慷慨程度 |
[42:11] | And you shouldn’t underestimate how great it is | 你们也不该低估我们看到你们 |
[42:13] | to watch you scrambling. | 手忙脚乱的样子有多开心 |
[42:14] | ‘Cause you know you lost. | 因为你们知道自己输了 |
[42:16] | So why don’t we skip the next half hour of gymnastics | 为什么我们不直接跳过半小时的唇枪舌战 |
[42:17] | and get right to the $1.5 million | 谈谈那150万呢 |
[42:19] | you have been authorized to offer. | 即客户给予你的最高金额 |
[42:22] | Mrs. Florrick, you have a call. | 福瑞克夫人 你有电话 |
[42:24] | Take a message. | 帮我记下来 |
[42:25] | I think you’re gonna want to talk to him. | 我觉得你会想和他谈谈的 |
[42:30] | This is Alicia Florrick. | 我是艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[42:32] | Oh, there you are. | 你来了 |
[42:33] | Hello to you, Mrs. Florrick. | 你好 福瑞克夫人 |
[42:35] | This is George Kluger. | 我是乔治·克卢格 |
[42:37] | – George…? – G… | -乔治 -乔… |
[42:38] | Otherwise known to you as Judge Kluger the Magnificent. | 你也可以叫我伟大的克卢格法官 |
[42:42] | Ah, yes, of course, Your Honor. | 是的 法官阁下 |
[42:44] | Is everything all right? | 一切都好吗 |
[42:45] | Oh, oh, yes. Everything is just, uh, fine, thank you. | 是的 一切都很好 谢谢 |
[42:48] | Uh, Mrs. Florrick, please don’t take this the wrong way, | 福瑞克夫人 请别误会 |
[42:50] | but I was wondering if you would like to get some coffee? | 但我想问你是否愿意赏脸喝杯咖啡吗 |
[42:56] | Excuse me? | 什么 |