时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | Your Honor, the defendants, | 法官阁下 被告 |
[00:10] | Howard Lampe and Darla Riggs, | 霍华德·兰普和达拉·里格斯 |
[00:12] | conspired to transport and deliver cocaine | 去年七月 在去往里约的航班上 |
[00:14] | on a flight from Rio this past July. | 合谋运送可卡因 |
[00:16] | They should be tried together because | 他们应该被共同审理因为 |
[00:18] | they committed this crime together. | 他们共同供认了罪行 |
[00:20] | No, they are accused of committing this crime together. | 不对 他们是被控共同犯下这项罪行 |
[00:22] | It would prejudice my client to be tried alongside Mr. Lampe. | 我当事人和兰普先生共同受审可能会引起偏见 |
[00:25] | And my client alongside Ms. Riggs. | 我的当事人和里格斯女士共同受审也一样 |
[00:28] | Your Honor, all of the prosecution witnesses | 法官阁下 所有控方证人 |
[00:30] | are common to both Mr. Lampe and Ms. Riggs. | 都需与兰普先生和里格斯女士共同对峙 |
[00:32] | It is the height of insanity to force | 如果让证人分别在两场审判中 |
[00:34] | these witnesses to testify in two separate trials. | 出庭作证 那也太过荒唐了 |
[00:36] | Yes, we understand the inconvenience… | 是的 我们明白多有不便… |
[00:38] | This isn’t about inconvenience. This is about a costly outlay… | 这跟方不方便没关系 是成本过于高昂 |
[00:41] | That is a small price to pay for what this trial should be. | 为了审判公正 这点成本不算多 |
[00:43] | It’s an injustice, Your Honor. That seems petty… | 不公正 法官阁下 这也太斤斤计较了 |
[00:44] | Thank you… all. | 谢谢各位 |
[00:46] | My concern, counselors, | 律师们 以我之见 |
[00:47] | is that severance of the two trials was not requested | 你们并没有及时提请 |
[00:51] | in a timely fashion. | 分开审判的要求 |
[00:52] | Yes, Your Honor, | 是的 法官阁下 |
[00:54] | the circumstances of the defense have changed. | 辩方的情况有变 |
[00:55] | And what circumstances are those? | 有什么情况 |
[00:57] | – Our firm has since… – Two months ago, Your… | -我们的律所已经 -两个月前 |
[00:59] | – Our firm has since… – Two months ago… | -我们的律所已经 -两个月前 |
[01:03] | – Go. – Well, thank you. | -你先说 -谢谢 |
[01:05] | When we originally represented the two defendants, | 当初代理两位被告时 |
[01:07] | we were one firm acting in concert, | 我们在一家律所 共同行动 |
[01:09] | but Mrs. Florrick poached our clients… | 但是福瑞克夫人挖走了我们的客户 |
[01:11] | – Oh, we didn’t poach anyone. – What would you call it? | -我们没挖走任何人 -那你说是什么 |
[01:13] | So, you want to sever your two cases | 所以你们想把两件案子分开 |
[01:15] | because you are now two law firms? | 因为你们现在是两家律所了 |
[01:16] | Yes, Your Honor. | 是的 法官阁下 |
[01:17] | It’s in the best interest of our clients. | 这样对我们的当事人最有利 |
[01:18] | Mr. Lampe, Ms. Riggs, you agree with this? | 兰普先生 里格斯女士 你们同意吗 |
[01:20] | Uh, yeah, yeah, we think it’s for the best. | 是的 我们认为这样最好 |
[01:21] | Yes, Your Honor. | 是的 法官阁下 |
[01:23] | Since the defendants are entitled to separate trials, | 因为被告有权要求分开审判 |
[01:27] | I have no choice but to grant a severance. | 我只好批准分开审判 |
[01:30] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 谢谢您 法官阁下 |
[01:31] | But I am severing cases, not courtrooms. | 但我只是分案审理 但不分庭审理 |
[01:35] | It will be a double jury trial. | 所以本案将是双陪审团审判 |
[01:37] | A double…? Uh, Judge, I don’t think that that… | 双陪审…法官 我觉得这不… |
[01:39] | Your Honor, two juries will complicate our prosecution. | 法官阁下 双陪审团会使起诉更复杂 |
[01:41] | Yes. That is understandable. | 是的 这我可以理解 |
[01:43] | But I am a staunch advocate of judicial efficiency. | 但我坚决主张提高司法效率 |
[01:46] | And you two counselors will just have to act in concert again. | 两位律师也必须再次共同进退 |
[01:51] | We will commence jury selection this afternoon. Thank you. | 下午我们将开始挑选陪审团成员 谢谢 |
[01:54] | Are you all right? | 你还好吗 |
[01:56] | Yeah. You? | 还好 你呢 |
[01:57] | I’m good. | 我挺好的 |
[01:58] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[01:59] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[02:02] | I heard. | 我听说了 |
[02:03] | So this should be interesting. | 这会很有意思的 |
[02:05] | Which? Working alongside Will, or a double jury? | 哪个有意思 和威尔一起工作还是双陪审团 |
[02:08] | Oh, yeah, a double jury. | 当然是双陪审团 |
[02:11] | Uh… I’ll first chair. | 我来做首席律师 |
[02:13] | What? Why? | 怎么 为什么 |
[02:15] | Calm things down, keep it from getting too emotional. | 保持局势冷静 防止太过感情用事 |
[02:17] | I won’t get emotional. | 我不会感情用事的 |
[02:19] | We’re on the same side on this. | 我们这次是一条船上的 |
[02:20] | Not you. Will. | 不是说你 是威尔 |
[02:22] | Keep him from getting emotional. | 不让他感情用事 |
[02:26] | Okay. You first chair. | 好吧 你做首席 |
[02:31] | It was sent as an anonymous tip | 这份匿名线报寄给了 |
[02:32] | to Anne Stevens, the Tribune reporter. | 「论坛报」的安妮·史蒂文斯 |
[02:34] | – I’ve never seen this before in my life. – The tip said, | -我从没见过这东西 -线报说 |
[02:36] | “Here is evidence of Peter Florrick stealing an election. | 这是彼得·福瑞克偷选票的证据 |
[02:39] | Happy hunting.” | 追踪愉快 |
[02:40] | Are they running it? | 他们已经在调查了吗 |
[02:40] | No. I got a two-week delay. | 没有 我争取了延迟了两周 |
[02:42] | I had to trade for it. | 跟他们做了交易 |
[02:43] | Give ’em our pension rollout. | 将我们关于养老金的最新消息给了他们 |
[02:44] | Who is that? Is that someone you know? | 那是谁 是你认识的人吗 |
[02:48] | – No. – Yes. It’s Jim Moody, | -不是 -是的 是吉姆·穆迪 |
[02:50] | my fixer during the campaign. | 在竞选期间的政治调停人 |
[02:51] | – What? – I didn’t ask him to do anything. | -什么 -我没让他做任何事 |
[02:53] | Wait. No one say anything. | 等等 都别说了 |
[02:54] | Mr. Governor, it is in your best interest to | 州长先生 现在最好别跟伊莱说话了 |
[02:57] | not talk to Eli at this time. | 这样才对您最有利 |
[02:58] | Everything being said now, | 现在起我们所说的一切 |
[02:59] | everything that was just discussed, | 我们刚刚讨论的一切 |
[03:01] | we’ll have to repeat at some point to federal investigators. | 以后都要在联邦调查人员面前复述一遍 |
[03:04] | Well, that was the shortest honeymoon period in history. | 这算是史上最短的新官蜜月期了 |
[03:06] | One month as a governor. | 做了一个月的州长 |
[03:07] | We don’t even know what this is, Mr. Governor. | 我们还不清楚具体事态 州长先生 |
[03:09] | What we’re seeing is a ballot box. | 现在我们只看到有投票箱 |
[03:10] | It could be anything. | 里面可能是任何东西 |
[03:11] | No. Our lawyers argued in court | 不 我们的律师在庭上辩称过 |
[03:13] | that it was a stuffed ballot box. | 这是一个动过手脚的投票箱 |
[03:14] | Then we found out that the 30,000 votes were for Peter. | 而且我们发现有三万张选票是投给彼得的 |
[03:17] | Who was the lawyer who argued in court? | 当时在庭上做辩词的律师是谁 |
[03:22] | I’ll have to question them. | 我必须询问他们 |
[03:24] | Alicia. | 艾丽西娅 |
[03:26] | – Your wife? – 30,000 votes. | -你的妻子 -三万张选票而已 |
[03:28] | You don’t steal an election with 30,000 votes. | 要舞弊获选也无需区区三万张选票 |
[03:31] | We won by eight points! | 我们可是赢了八个百分点 |
[03:32] | Okay. We can’t discuss this anymore. | 好吧 我们不能再继续讨论了 |
[03:34] | Eli, I’ll need to question you first. | 伊莱 我必须首先询问你 |
[03:37] | I’ll be right there. | 我马上就去 |
[03:40] | You can’t be talking. | 你们不能讨论这件事 |
[03:42] | It’s not about this. | 不是说这件事 |
[03:44] | We all know the maxim, but it’s true. | 那句箴言我们都知道 但也是实话 |
[03:46] | “It’s not the crime, it’s the cover-up.” | 可恶的不是犯罪 而是对罪行的掩盖 |
[03:47] | Marilyn, there is no cover-up. | 玛丽莲 我们没有掩盖什么 |
[03:50] | But for me to run this state, | 我要管理这个州 |
[03:52] | I need to be able to talk to my chief of staff alone. | 就必须要跟我的幕僚长单独讨论些事 |
[03:56] | Very well. | 很好 |
[04:02] | Who’s the tipster? Moody? | 谁是爆料人 穆迪 |
[04:03] | No, no. He’s a soldier. He gets it. | 不是 他不过是个小卒 他懂的 |
[04:06] | – Someone at Lockhart/Gardner? – Why? | -洛&加律所的人吗 -为什么 |
[04:08] | Will Gardner came to my hotel suite | 威尔·加德纳在选举那天 |
[04:11] | on election day to show me a video. | 到我的酒店套房来想给我看个视频 |
[04:12] | – Damn it. – I refused to look at it. | -该死 -我拒绝了 |
[04:14] | There is a lot of hate for us over there these days. | 他们近来对我们可是怨气冲天 |
[04:17] | – Diane? – No. It doesn’t seem like her. | -戴安 -不 看起来不像她的风格 |
[04:19] | Will could be out of his mind. | 威尔倒是可能会失控 |
[04:23] | Keep tabs on her. | 密切注意她 |
[04:24] | Already on it. | 已经在了 |
[04:34] | This is crazy. | 这真是疯狂 |
[04:37] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[04:38] | Good afternoon to you, too. | 下午好 |
[04:40] | – First chair? – Yup. | -首席律师 -是的 |
[04:43] | Here we go. | 好戏开始 |
[04:45] | …Experiences or opinions you might have | 对这次案件的内容 |
[04:46] | about the subject matter of this case? | 你曾有相关经历或观点吗 |
[04:48] | Uh , no. | 没有 |
[04:50] | No objections for this juror, Your Honor. | 对这名陪审员无异议 法官阁下 |
[04:51] | No objections. | 无异议 |
[04:52] | Thank you, ma’am. You may be seated. | 谢谢你 女士 你可以入座了 |
[04:56] | Actually, ma’am, | 事实上 女士 |
[04:57] | not that jury. | 不是那边的陪审团 |
[04:58] | The folding-chair jury. | 是那边坐折叠椅的陪审团 |
[05:00] | Uh, sorry, Your Honor. | 对不起 法官阁下 |
[05:01] | Is this for the Darla Riggs jury? | 这是达拉·里格斯的陪审员吗 |
[05:03] | It is. | 是的 |
[05:04] | We’d like to exercise our peremptory challenge. | 我们要求这名陪审员无因回避 |
[05:05] | So she’s all right for the Howard Lampe jury, | 所以她可以做霍华德·兰普的陪审员 |
[05:07] | – but not ours? – We don’t have to explain our preemptory challenge. | -不能做我们的 -我们不必解释回避原因 |
[05:14] | Thank you for your service today. | 感谢你今天的到来 |
[05:15] | Sure. | 应该的 |
[05:16] | When there is a disagreement in a relationship | 当一段男女关系中出现 |
[05:19] | between a man and a woman, | 意见不一的情况 |
[05:20] | do you think it’s better for the man to decide, or the woman? | 你认为最好是让男人还是女人来做决定 |
[05:22] | Well, it’s probably better if the guy does, | 让男人做决定可能更好吧 |
[05:25] | just ’cause someone has to. | 只是因为总得有人来做决定 |
[05:26] | And if the guy did decide, would you… | 如果是男人来做决定 你会 |
[05:28] | – Excuse me. – …blame the woman for his decision? | -不好意思 -因为他的决定而责怪女人吗 |
[05:30] | Your Honor, we object to this question. | 法官阁下 我们反对这种提问 |
[05:31] | Your Honor, it’s not their place to object. | 法官阁下 他们无权反对 |
[05:33] | They’re part of the defense. | 他们都是辩方 |
[05:34] | This is utter… | 这简直… |
[05:35] | So, our jury pool can be tainted but yours can’t? | 那我们陪审团就能被「污染」而你们的不能 |
[05:41] | And do you think it’s possible | 你是否认为女人有可能 |
[05:42] | that women can use their looks to manipulate men? | 利用外表去操纵男人 |
[05:45] | Oh, sure. | 当然 |
[05:46] | It happens all the time at school. | 这情况在学校里很常见 |
[05:48] | And should the man be held responsible | 那么如果男人被女色所惑 |
[05:49] | – if he’s misled by the woman? – Oh, come on. | -他是否应该承担责任 -拜托 |
[05:51] | Your Honor, seriously? | 法官阁下 还要继续吗 |
[05:52] | Is that an objection? | 这是反对吗 |
[05:53] | I don’t hear an objection. | 我没听出反对的意思呢 |
[05:54] | I object to your entire voir dire. | 你整个的预先审查方式我都反对 |
[05:56] | You’re acting in an adversarial… | 你表现得像是敌对… |
[06:00] | They’re coming after us. | 他们句句都针对我们 |
[06:02] | We need everything you dug up on Howard Lampe. | 所有你能查到霍华德·兰普的信息我们都需要 |
[06:04] | I don’t have anything. | 我手上什么也没有 |
[06:05] | I thought this was a collaborative defense. | 我还以为这次是联合辩护 |
[06:07] | We’ve changed our minds. | 我们改变主意了 |
[06:08] | It’s a double jury, and they’re using it against us. | 这次是双陪审团 他们借机来对付我们 |
[06:10] | – We need any dirt on Lampe, and we need it fast. – Okay. | -我们急需任何兰普的把柄 -好的 |
[06:12] | We have a chance to peel another client away. | 我们有机会再抢一个客户 |
[06:14] | From Lockhart/Gardner? Who? | 从洛&加律所吗 你说的是谁 |
[06:15] | The Paisley Group. | 佩斯莉集团 |
[06:16] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道的 |
[06:17] | I have a friend who’s an assistant there, | 我有个朋友在那里当助理 |
[06:19] | and they’re feeling ignored by Lockhart/Gardner. | 他们觉得被洛&加律所忽视了 |
[06:20] | Mr. Gardner cancelled too many meetings. | 加德纳先生取消了太多会议 |
[06:22] | Great, let’s get a plan together. | 好极了 我们合计一下 |
[06:23] | And, um, Robyn, get anything you can on Darla Riggs. | 罗宾 搜寻关于达拉·里格斯的任何信息 |
[06:26] | Our codefendant? Why? | 我们的共同被告 为什么 |
[06:28] | ‘Cause they’re doing the same. | 因为他们也打算这么做 |
[06:35] | Haven’t seen you in a while. | 好一阵子没见你了 |
[06:36] | Yeah, it’s been tough. | 是啊 日子不太好过 |
[06:38] | Oh, come on, Cary. | 别这样 凯里 |
[06:39] | Look, just give me one second. | 给我一秒钟就好 |
[06:42] | Please? | 拜托了 |
[06:48] | A second. | 一秒钟 |
[06:51] | Uh… I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[06:52] | For? | 为了什么 |
[06:53] | For things ending poorly between us. | 为我们的关系最后落的如此不堪 |
[06:55] | You’re forgiven. Anything else? | 原谅你了 还有事吗 |
[06:57] | Yeah, you’re being a douche. | 还有 你是个混蛋 |
[07:00] | Things are kind of busy here, Kalinda. | 最近挺忙的 凯琳达 |
[07:05] | Each jury should concern itself only with evidence | 每个陪审团只需考虑与己方被告 |
[07:08] | pertaining to its defendant. | 相关的证据 |
[07:10] | You will not consult with the other jury. | 你们不能与另外一个陪审团交流 |
[07:12] | I realize these are cramped quarters, | 我知道这里座位有点挤 |
[07:14] | but we’re all going to have to make do. | 但我们不得不这么做 |
[07:16] | Please inform the court if you have any questions | 如果你有问题或者想法 |
[07:18] | or concerns by raising your hand. | 请举手告知法庭 |
[07:21] | Uh, yes, sir. | 这位先生请说 |
[07:22] | Do we have to sit in the folding chairs the entire time? | 我们全程都得坐在折叠椅上吗 |
[07:25] | Yes, | 没错 |
[07:26] | if that’s where you’ve been empanelled. | 如果陪审团就被安排坐那儿的话 |
[07:27] | But the other jury gets to sit in the box in the good chairs? | 可另外一个陪审团却能坐包厢里的好椅子 |
[07:32] | Okay. Perhaps we can alternate. | 好吧 或许我们可以轮流 |
[07:34] | Why do we have to alternate? | 为什么要轮流 |
[07:35] | You already said that we get the jury box. | 你已经说了是我们坐在这里 |
[07:40] | No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. | 别吵别吵 |
[07:41] | Everybody calm down. | 大家冷静 |
[07:43] | I have decided that we will alternate. | 我决定座位轮流坐 |
[07:46] | We began surveilling Mr. Lampe and Ms. Riggs | 兰普先生和里格斯女士一进入海关 |
[07:51] | once they entered the Customs area. | 我们就开始监视他们了 |
[07:53] | Why did you monitor them, Officer Sorrento? | 你为什么监视他们 索伦托警官 |
[07:55] | When a couple getting off a plane from Brazil | 一对情侣从巴西来的飞机上下来 |
[07:58] | doesn’t look organic, alarm bells go off. | 表现却不正常时 就会引起警觉 |
[08:01] | And the defendants didn’t look like an organic couple? | 两位被告不像正常的情侣吗 |
[08:05] | Could you explain? | 你能具体说明吗 |
[08:07] | Well, uh, Mr. Lampe looked like a professor. | 兰普先生看起来像是一位教授 |
[08:10] | And, uh, Ms. Riggs, she was, um, very pretty. | 而里格斯女士长得非常漂亮 |
[08:14] | Anything else suggest they might be transporting drugs? | 还有别的能表明他们有可能在走私毒品吗 |
[08:17] | Yes. Mr. Lampe was sweating profusely, | 兰普先生冒了很多汗 |
[08:20] | and Ms. Riggs was staring down at her feet. | 而里格斯女士一直盯着她的脚 |
[08:22] | A search revealed a stash of two pounds of cocaine. | 搜查发现他们藏了两磅可卡因 |
[08:25] | Thank you, Officer. | 谢谢你 警官 |
[08:26] | I tender the witness. | 这位证人我问完了 |
[08:27] | Officer Sorrento, were you aware that Ms. Riggs and | 索伦托警官 你是否知道里格斯女士 |
[08:31] | Mr. Lampe met and fell in love at Rio’s Cinque Terre Resort | 和兰普先生是上周在里约的五渔度假村 |
[08:36] | – the previous week? – No. | -才相遇相爱的 -不知道 |
[08:37] | So, this nervous behavior that you observed | 所以你发现的紧张举止 |
[08:40] | could be attributable to the fact | 有没有可能是因为 |
[08:42] | that Mr. Lampe had invited his new girlfriend home | 兰普先生邀请他的新女友回家 |
[08:45] | for the weekend? | 共度周末的缘故 |
[08:47] | Or to the $100,000 in drugs in his carry-on. | 也可能因为他的随身行李里有价值十万的毒品 |
[08:53] | If the drugs were found in Mr. Lampe’s carry-on, | 如果毒品是在兰普先生的随身行李里 |
[08:56] | why did you arrest Ms. Riggs? | 你为何逮捕里格斯女士 |
[08:58] | Well, a search of Ms. Riggs revealed $30,000 on her person. | 搜查还发现里格斯女士也携带了三万美金毒品 |
[09:03] | So you have a circumstantial case that the defendants conspired? | 那你有间接证据证明两被告是同谋 对吗 |
[09:07] | Yes. Based on my investigation. | 是的 基于我的调查 |
[09:09] | Which yielded no direct evidence that Ms. Riggs participated | 也就是说没有直接证据表明里格斯女士参与了 |
[09:13] | in Mr. Lampe’s scheme… | 兰普先生的计划 |
[09:14] | Objection. Assumes facts not in evidence. | 反对 假设事实未经证明 |
[09:16] | – Sustained. – I will rephrase. | -反对有效 -我换个说法 |
[09:17] | You have no direct evidence | 你没有直接证据证明 |
[09:19] | that Ms. Riggs had access to Mr. Lampe’s bag? | 里格斯女士接触过兰普先生的包 |
[09:23] | That’s correct. | 没错 |
[09:24] | Okay. They’re coming after us. | 好 他们要针对我们了 |
[09:26] | Officer, you said that my client was carrying the bag. | 警官 你说我的当事人当时提着那个包 |
[09:30] | Meaning you concluded it was his bag, right? | 是指你认为那个包就是他的 对吗 |
[09:32] | Yes. | 是的 |
[09:33] | Footage from the Galeao Airport in Rio | 根据里约加利昂国际机场的监控录像 |
[09:36] | confirmed the bag was in the sole possession of Mr. Lampe… | 可以肯定那个包是兰普先生的私人物品… |
[09:39] | Are you aware that Ms. Riggs had reached her two carry-on limit | 你可知道里格斯女士随身行李超过两件限制 |
[09:43] | and had given Mr. Lampe her bag to transport? | 所以将她的包给了兰普先生携带上机 |
[09:46] | The bag had no name tag. | 那只包上可没写名字 |
[09:47] | But you assumed it was Mr. Lampe’s, right? | 但你认为那是兰普先生的包 是吗 |
[09:49] | But it’s possible that Mr. Lampe was an unwitting mark | 但有可能兰普先生在不知情的情况下 |
[09:52] | in a smuggling scheme engineered… | 参与了走私阴谋… |
[09:53] | Objection. Calls for speculation. | 反对 引导证人推测 |
[09:54] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[09:55] | Your Honor, we are codefendants here. | 法官阁下 我们是共同辩护 |
[09:58] | Ms. Lockhart can’t object. | 洛克哈德女士不能反对 |
[09:59] | He sustained your objection to our questioning. | 他也承认你对我们的反对有效 |
[10:01] | Yeah, which was a mistake. | 是的 但这是不对的 |
[10:02] | Excuse me, Your Honor. | 抱歉 法官阁下 |
[10:03] | I’m not gonna allow Mr. Agos to criticize this… | 我不能让艾格斯先生批评这个… |
[10:08] | Mr. Gold, is the man | 戈德先生 监控照片里的 |
[10:10] | in this surveillance photo Mr. Jim Moody? | 那名男子是吉姆·穆迪先生吗 |
[10:11] | – As far as I can tell, yes. – Did you order | -在我看来是的 -是你下令 |
[10:14] | Mr. Moody to perform these actions? | 让穆迪先生这么做的吗 |
[10:15] | No, I did not. | 不 我没有 |
[10:16] | Did you ever hint to Mr. Moody | 你有暗示过穆迪先生 |
[10:18] | that he should do something illegal | 他应该采取非法行为 |
[10:19] | regarding the ballot boxes? | 以对这些投票箱动手脚吗 |
[10:25] | – Yes? – That’s too broad. | -怎么了 -这问题范围太大了 |
[10:26] | – What part? – Did I ever hint? | -哪部分 -我暗示过吗 |
[10:28] | You’re saying you did hint? | 你的意思是你确实暗示过 |
[10:29] | No, I’m saying the answer to a question like that | 不 我是说这个问题的答案 |
[10:32] | could lead to misunderstandings. | 可能会导致一些误会 |
[10:34] | Eli, we have to be honest with each other. | 伊莱 我们得坦诚相对 |
[10:35] | Marilyn, I make 800 decisions a day. | 玛丽莲 我一天要做八百个决定 |
[10:37] | During a campaign, it’s twice that many. | 在竞选期间还得加倍 |
[10:39] | I can not micro-manage | 我无法精确地管理到 |
[10:40] | every person I give a direction to. | 我给过指示的每一个人 |
[10:42] | There’s not enough time. | 根本没这个时间 |
[10:43] | I give them a direction, | 我跟他们指示 |
[10:44] | then let them exercise their creativity | 让他们自由发挥 |
[10:46] | in accomplishing that… direction. | 去完成那个…指示 |
[10:49] | And is “Creativity” a euphemism for “Illegality”? | 这个「自由发挥」是指「非法行为」吗 |
[10:52] | No. | 不 |
[10:53] | What direction did you give Jim Moody | 你当时给了吉姆·穆迪什么指示 |
[10:55] | that he might have exercised his creativity to do that? | 让他有可能自由发挥做出了这种事 |
[10:59] | I said we were short of votes in the 12th precinct, | 我说我们在12区缺票 |
[11:02] | and we needed to get out the vote. | 我们得多搞到一些票 |
[11:04] | There’s nothing wrong with saying “Get out the vote.” | 「多搞一些票」这说法没什么问题 |
[11:08] | There’s a chance… | 当时也许有可能… |
[11:10] | I said we needed to do whatever we could. | 我还说了不惜一切手段都要搞到 |
[11:16] | But I would insist that is my manner. | 但我必须强调 这只是我说话的方式 |
[11:18] | I am absolutist in my encouragement… | 我在鼓励手下人的时候 |
[11:20] | toward my underlings. | 是比较专制的 |
[11:22] | Here’s the problem, Eli. | 伊莱 现在的问题是 |
[11:23] | If Mr. Moody believes you encouraged him | 如果穆迪先生认为你是在怂恿他 |
[11:25] | to stuff that ballot box, your words are problematic. | 对投票箱做手脚 那你的证词就有问题了 |
[11:27] | I did not order him. | 我没这么吩咐他 |
[11:30] | Will Mr. Moody back you up on that? | 穆迪先生可以证实你的说法吗 |
[11:52] | Sorry, I have to pack for a red-eye tonight. | 抱歉 我得收拾行李赶红眼航班 |
[11:54] | – After court. – Oh, that’s all right, Ms. Barrett, | -出庭完就走 -没关系 巴瑞特小姐 |
[11:57] | this’ll only take a minute. | 我只需要耽误你一会 |
[11:58] | I already told the prosecution everything I know. | 我知道的情况都已经告诉控方了 |
[12:00] | They’re supposed to share it with you, right? | 他们应该会告诉你的 不是吗 |
[12:03] | Yeah. But I’m wondering about some things | 对 但是有些事我还有些存疑 |
[12:05] | that they may not have asked you about. | 也许他们没问过你 |
[12:08] | – Do you want a gummy bear? – I do. | -想来块糖吗 -好的 |
[12:10] | – Thanks. – So did Ms.Riggs exhibit | -谢谢 -里格斯女士在飞机上 |
[12:12] | any other sketchy behavior on the flight? | 有做过其他一些不雅的事吗 |
[12:14] | Like, did she drink too much or maybe steal magazines? | 比如她有没有喝多了或者偷杂志之类的 |
[12:17] | No. Why? | 没有 怎么了 |
[12:19] | Well, you’ve seen my client, right? | 你也见过我的当事人了 |
[12:21] | Why would a woman like her be interested in a guy like him, | 为什么她这样的女人会喜欢那样的男人 |
[12:24] | a dorky calculus professor? | 一个古怪的数学教授 |
[12:25] | Unless she was using him. | 除非她想利用他 |
[12:27] | Well there was that thing in the bathroom. | 她确实在洗手间干了那事 |
[12:28] | Yeah, that thing in the bathroom. | 好吧 洗手间的那事 |
[12:31] | Sorry, wait, what was that thing in the bathroom? | 等等 洗手间的那事是什么事 |
[12:33] | The… Mile High Club thing. | 是…「高空激情」那种咯 |
[12:39] | – Robyn. Hello. – Hello. | -罗宾 你好 -你好 |
[12:42] | May I help you? | 有什么事吗 |
[12:43] | Yeah, I just need to ask you some questions. | 我有几个问题想问你 |
[12:45] | We just don’t understand | 我们不能理解 |
[12:46] | why we get the small jury room | 凭什么我们用小的陪审团休息室 |
[12:48] | and the other jury gets the big one. | 而另一个陪审团能用大的 |
[12:50] | It’s not the big one. | 那个不是大的 |
[12:51] | Ours is just as small. | 我们用的也是小的 |
[12:52] | I’ll remind you, sir, that you are in the jury box. | 我想提醒你先生 你已经坐在陪审席里了 |
[12:55] | You asked us to share that, remember? | 是你让我们轮流坐的啊 你忘了吗 |
[13:00] | We will rotate the jury rooms as well as the seats. | 那就跟座位一样 轮流使用陪审团休息室吧 |
[13:04] | It was a full flight | 当时航班满员 |
[13:06] | and we had no more overhead space. | 头顶的行李架已经满了 |
[13:08] | So I told Mr. Lampe his carry-on | 所以我告诉兰普先生 他的行李 |
[13:10] | would have to be stowed a few rows away. | 需要放在几排之外的地方 |
[13:12] | – And how did he respond to that? – He was agitated, | -他对此作何反应 -他很激动 |
[13:15] | – argued with me about it. – In fact… | -还跟我争执起来 -事实上… |
[13:17] | there came a point when the bag became the subject of dispute | 后来这个行李还引起了 |
[13:19] | between Mr. Lampe and another passenger, | 兰普先生和另一名乘客的争执 |
[13:21] | – didn’t it? – Yes, the passenger in 26B | -是这样吗 -是的 和26B的乘客 |
[13:23] | tried to move it to access his own bag, | 他想挪一下那个包好拿到自己的行李 |
[13:26] | and Mr. Lampe shouted at him. | 兰普先生冲他大吼大叫 |
[13:27] | And exactly what did Mr. Lampe shout? | 兰普先生具体吼了什么呢 |
[13:29] | Objection, hearsay. | 反对 传闻证据 |
[13:31] | Your Honor, we object to that objection. | 法官阁下 我方反对这个反对 |
[13:33] | The jury has a right to hear this exculpatory evidence. | 陪审团有权利听取该无罪证据 |
[13:36] | Which jury? | 哪个陪审团 |
[13:37] | Our jury. Ms. Riggs’ jury. | 我们的 里格斯先生的陪审团 |
[13:38] | Not in our jury’s presence, Your Honor. | 法官阁下 不能当着我们的陪审团的面 |
[13:40] | It is hearsay. But not when used defensively. | 虽然是无事实依据 但现在这用于辩护 |
[13:41] | Harris, please escort that jury, | 哈里斯 请送陪审团 |
[13:43] | the jury listening to Mr. Lampe’s defense, | 听取兰普先生辩护的陪审团 |
[13:46] | out to the jury room. | 离开法庭 |
[13:47] | But leave the other jury behind. | 留下另一个陪审团 |
[13:48] | Let’s go. This way. | 这边走 |
[13:52] | What did you hear Mr. Lampe shout | 你听到兰普先生对那个 |
[13:53] | at the passenger who tried to move his carry-on? | 试图移动他行李的乘客吼了什么 |
[13:56] | He said, “Let go of my bag.” | 他说 放下我的包 |
[14:00] | And did Ms. Riggs intervene in this argument? | 那里格斯女士有参与这场争执吗 |
[14:01] | Objection, Your Honor, | 反对 法官阁下 |
[14:04] | our jury should be allowed to hear this. | 我们的陪审团应该听取这个信息 |
[14:06] | You said it was hearsay. | 你刚说这是传闻证据 |
[14:07] | No, the statement was hearsay, | 不 那句话是传闻证据 |
[14:09] | not the ensuing encounter. | 但接下来发生的不是 |
[14:10] | Your Honor, we object to the other defense editing | 法官阁下 我方反对对方选择性 |
[14:12] | – the testimony as they so wish. – What does it matter to you? | -接受供词 -你到底是想做什么 |
[14:15] | – You act like this is a zero-sum game. – Thank you. | -你把这搞得像是玩零和博弈 -谢谢 |
[14:17] | The jury will be allowed back in. | 陪审团将重回法庭 |
[14:19] | Harris? | 哈里斯 |
[14:20] | Way ahead of you, Your Honor. | 早有准备 法官阁下 |
[14:22] | “We’re taking the gloves off.” That’s what you told me. | 我们要放手一搏 你是这样告诉我的 |
[14:24] | But I never authorized you to… | 但我从来没有批准你去… |
[14:27] | I didn’t know you were gonna do this. | 我不知道你会那样做 |
[14:29] | Eli, I could fill a book | 伊莱 你认为那些 |
[14:31] | with what you know about what you don’t know. | 你不知道的勾当 我都可以出一本书了 |
[14:33] | So where are you taking this? | 你这是想说什么 |
[14:38] | I’m taking this… | 我想说… |
[14:41] | where you want me to take this. | 你想让我怎么说 我就怎么说 |
[14:47] | If you’re taping this, Jim, | 如果你在录音 吉姆 |
[14:48] | I’m not offering third-party consent, | 我不会提供第三方同意 |
[14:50] | so any recording will be considered inadmissible. | 所以任何录音都是不被承认的 |
[14:54] | You think that of me? | 原来你是这么想我的 |
[14:55] | I think this conversation is oddly stilted. | 我觉得这段对话很奇怪很刻意 |
[14:56] | Okay, let me make it less stilted. | 让我帮你安一下心 |
[14:59] | I could get three years for election fraud. | 我会因选举舞弊而做三年牢 |
[15:02] | Why do I do that? | 我为什么要这么做 |
[15:05] | Because you’re a good soldier. | 因为你是一枚好卒子 |
[15:10] | I could get less if I testified. | 如果我做污点证人可以减刑 |
[15:12] | And you’d have no friends, then. | 但你就没有朋友了 |
[15:14] | Ever. | 永远 |
[15:16] | Right now you have the friendship of the governor. | 现在你和州长是朋友 |
[15:19] | Lot of good that does me. | 我还真是得了不少好处呢 |
[15:20] | Better than no one. | 比一个都没有强 |
[15:28] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:29] | So it stops at you, right? | 所以这事到你就停了 好吗 |
[15:31] | And I wasn’t here. | 我从没来过这里 |
[15:39] | Ms. Barrett, you commented about noticing | 巴瑞特小姐 你说过你注意到 |
[15:41] | Ms. Riggs and Mr. Lampe. | 里格斯女士和兰普先生 |
[15:43] | Did you see Ms. Riggs in the vicinity | 你见过里格斯女士在商务舱的 |
[15:45] | of the business class restrooms? | 洗手间附近出现吗 |
[15:47] | – Yes. – Is this the woman you saw | -是的 -你看到的是这个女人 |
[15:49] | enter the lavatory with Ms. Riggs? | 跟里格斯女士一起进的洗手间吗 |
[15:50] | Objection, Your Honor. Relevance? | 反对 法官阁下 与本案无关 |
[15:52] | The relevance is that | 该问题与本案有关的原因是 |
[15:53] | Ms. Riggs was faking her love for our client | 里格斯女士当时假装爱上了我当事人 |
[15:55] | in order to get him to deliver drugs. | 从而利用他运毒 |
[15:57] | That is our contention, Your Honor. | 这就是我们的论点 法官阁下 |
[15:58] | Overruled, I will allow. | 反对无效 允许提问 |
[15:59] | Ms. Barrett, how long were Ms. Riggs and this woman | 巴瑞特小姐 里格斯女士和这位女士 |
[16:02] | in the lavatory together? | 在洗手间待了多长时间 |
[16:03] | – About 15 minutes. – And when they emerged from the bathroom, | -15分钟吧 -她们从洗手间出来时 |
[16:06] | did you notice anything unusual about Ms. Riggs? | 你有察觉到里格斯女士有什么异样吗 |
[16:09] | It’s okay. | 没事的 |
[16:10] | She was adjusting her skirt. | 她在整理自己的裙子 |
[16:12] | – Thank you. – It’s not true, Howie. | -谢谢 -这不是真的 小霍 |
[16:13] | Excuse me, madam, no talking here. | 抱歉 女士 不能交谈 |
[16:16] | Ms. Pine? | 派恩小姐 |
[16:16] | Judge, may we approach? | 法官 我们可以近一步讲话吗 |
[16:18] | The prosecution would like to recall Ms. Riggs’ jury | 控方想请里格斯女士的陪审团回庭 |
[16:20] | so they can hear this testimony on redirect. | 以便听取关于本二次盘问的证词 |
[16:22] | We object to that, Your Honor. | 我方反对 法官阁下 |
[16:23] | – On what basis? – Its prejudicial impact | -以什么理由 -其偏见影响 |
[16:26] | outweighs its probative value. | 大于证明价值 |
[16:27] | That’s why my client’s jury was sequestered in the first place. | 这也是我方当事人陪审团被要求回避的原因 |
[16:29] | No, your jury was sequestered | 不 你们的陪审团回避 |
[16:31] | because Ms. Riggs counsel elicited the testimony. | 是因为里格斯女士的律师诱导了作证 |
[16:33] | It’s a different matter if the prosecution elicited it. | 这与控方二次盘问不同 |
[16:35] | He’s right, Ms. Lockhart. | 他说的对 洛克哈特女士 |
[16:37] | Ms. Riggs’ defense is that | 里格斯女士的辩护理由是 |
[16:39] | she was manipulated by Mr. Lampe. | 她被兰普先生操纵了 |
[16:41] | The prosecution wants to undercut that | 而控方想通过提供证词表明 |
[16:43] | by presenting testimony alleging | 其与一位陌生女子在飞机上幽会 |
[16:44] | an on-flight liaison with a stranger. | 从而进行反驳 |
[16:47] | – That’s exactly right, Your Honor. – Harris. | -正是如此 法官阁下 -哈里斯 |
[16:48] | Got it. | 明白 |
[16:50] | You guys, let’s go. | 大家这边请 |
[16:52] | Yes, they were alone in the bathroom for 15 minutes. | 是的 她们单独在洗手间待了15分钟 |
[16:56] | And based on your experience | 以你当空姐的经验来说 |
[16:57] | as a flight attendant, when two people enter a lavatory, | 当两个人同时进入洗手间 |
[17:00] | what is usually the purpose of that visit? | 一般会在里面干什么呢 |
[17:02] | – Objection, calls for speculation. – Overruled. | -反对 引导证人推测 -反对无效 |
[17:05] | Sex. Of course. | 做爱 明显的 |
[17:07] | Ms. Barrett, | 巴雷特女士 |
[17:08] | do you believe in pre-marital sex? | 你支持婚前性行为吗 |
[17:09] | – Objection, relevance. – No. | -反对 与本案无关 -不支持 |
[17:11] | How is the witness’s belief remotely relevant here? | 证人支不支持和本案有关系吗 |
[17:13] | Is is connected to her perception of what happened. | 这与她对所发生之事的看法有关 |
[17:16] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[17:17] | Ms. Barrett, you disapprove of my client’s lifestyle, | 巴雷特女士 你不认同我当事人的生活方式 |
[17:21] | – don’t you? – No. | -对吗 -没有啊 |
[17:22] | No? Well, my client is attractive, | 不吗 我的当事人很有魅力 |
[17:25] | she’s unmarried, she’s traveling with a single man. | 未婚 和单身男子一起旅行 |
[17:28] | – You’re jealous. – Objection, argumentative. | -你嫉妒了 -反对 提问有争议 |
[17:29] | That one I’ll sustain. | 这次反对有效 |
[17:30] | Did my client ask you for a clip | 我的当事人有没有向你要过一个回形针 |
[17:33] | to keep her skirt from slipping? | 以固定其裙子不滑落 |
[17:35] | What? | 什么 |
[17:35] | Did my client ask you for something | 我的当事人有没有问你要过什么东西 |
[17:37] | to keep her skirt from slipping | 以固定住裙子使之不往下掉 |
[17:39] | due to a broken clasp? | 因为她裙子上有个扣子掉了 |
[17:40] | She did, but… that’s not… | 她是问我要了 但这个不是… |
[17:43] | are you saying that that’s why this woman | 你是在暗示 所以那个女人 |
[17:45] | was helping her in the lavatory? | 才会进洗手间帮她是吗 |
[17:46] | – Yes. – Objection, Your Honor, misstates the eviden… | -是的 -反对 法官阁下 虚假陈述 |
[17:48] | – Don’t object. – One second, Your Honor. | -别反对啊 -稍等 法官阁下 |
[17:50] | We need to get the other jury back in here to hear this. | 我们得让另一个陪审团也过来听听 |
[17:52] | Why do we need the other jury? | 为啥要让他们也来听 |
[17:53] | We want to convict them both. | 我们得证明他俩都有罪 |
[17:54] | She can’t be seen as screwing around on him. | 不能让人觉得她只是在跟那个男人玩玩 |
[17:56] | Are you counselors still objecting? | 你们还打算反对吗 |
[17:58] | Actually, no, Your Honor. We withdraw our objections | 不了 法官阁下 我们撤回这次反对 |
[18:02] | and ask that we be allowed to redirect this witness | 并请求在另一个陪审团前 |
[18:04] | in front of the other jury. | 再次询问证人 |
[18:05] | – Are you friggin’ kidding me? – Harris. | -你他妈在逗我 -哈里斯 |
[18:09] | Why is that, Counselor? | 为什么 律师 |
[18:11] | We need to… | 我们需要… |
[18:14] | I don’t know, I… | 我不知道 我… |
[18:16] | Because? | 因为所以 |
[18:18] | – It was just about my skirt. – I know. | -都怪我的裙子啦 -我知道 |
[18:21] | I trust you. Here they come. | 我相信你 他们过来了 |
[18:25] | – They’re offering six years. – For each of you, | -他们开的条件是六年 -每人六年 |
[18:28] | but it’s a package deal. You both plead | 但有附带条件 你们要么一起承认 |
[18:29] | to simple possession or neither of you do. | 持有毒品 要么谁都不承认 |
[18:31] | Oh, it’s an elementary game theory, you know? | 这算是基本博弈论了 |
[18:34] | We’re better off if we act together, | 如果我们一起行动可能结果不错 |
[18:36] | but not as well off as we might be if we act alone. | 但如果各顾各的 也许会更好 |
[18:39] | It’s the prosecution’s idea. | 控方就是这么打算的 |
[18:41] | They want to play you against each other. | 他们想要你们窝里斗 |
[18:42] | They weren’t offering a plea before trial, | 本来在审讯前他们是不会给出认罪协议的 |
[18:44] | now they are. | 但他们现在这么做了 |
[18:44] | It means they know we’ve made a dent in their case. | 这说明他们知道我们对本案有所削弱 |
[18:46] | And wh-what are our chances of beating this? | 那我们胜诉的几率有多大呢 |
[18:49] | Um… why don’t we talk over here? | 要不我们借一步说话吧 |
[18:51] | No, no, no. No. We’re, uh… | 不不不不 我们… |
[18:53] | we’re in this together. | 我们是一条船上的 |
[18:56] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:58] | You cut a pretty sympathetic figure, Howard. | 你给陪审团的印象相当让人同情 霍华德 |
[19:00] | Because my jury thinks Darla manipulated me? | 因为我的陪审团认为达拉在操纵着我 |
[19:04] | Yes. | 是的 |
[19:06] | What about my jury? | 我的陪审团呢 |
[19:08] | It’s better if they think you’re Howard’s pawn. | 让他们觉得你是霍华德的棋子对你更有利 |
[19:11] | So our best chance here | 就是说我们最有利的机会 |
[19:13] | is if no one believes we’re in love. | 就是不让任何人认为我们是在相爱 |
[19:16] | Yes. | 是的 |
[19:16] | It’s only for the purpose of the trial. | 这完全是为了审讯考虑 |
[19:19] | It’s just for how you appear in court. | 只是关系到你们在法庭上的表现 |
[19:21] | It’s not really why… | 这不是真的… |
[19:24] | That’s one of my jurors. | 那是我们的陪审员 |
[19:27] | Talking to one of mine. | 正在和我们的陪审员说话 |
[19:56] | Can I buy you a drink? | 赏脸喝一杯吗 |
[20:00] | I have a drink. | 我有酒 |
[20:01] | I’ll buy you another. | 我再请你一杯 |
[20:02] | I’ll take two. | 来两杯 |
[20:05] | You following me? | 你在跟踪我 |
[20:07] | No, I’m having a drink. | 没 我只是来酒吧喝酒 |
[20:11] | Kalinda, I told you I’d give you five minutes. | 凯琳达 就给你五分钟啊 |
[20:13] | Don’t waste ’em. | 可别浪费了 |
[20:16] | Okay. | 行啊 |
[20:20] | I miss you. | 我很想你 |
[20:27] | You pretend you’re jumping ship with Florrick-Agos | 你假装要跳槽到我们福&艾律所 |
[20:30] | so you can pass our secrets to Lockhart/Gardner. | 好把我们的机密都泄露给洛&加律所 |
[20:33] | They’re my employer, Cary. | 他们是我老板 凯里 |
[20:34] | And I was your friend. | 而我还曾是你朋友呢 |
[20:35] | Yeah, which is why I kept your secret for three months. | 没错啊 所以我才帮你们守了三个月的秘密 |
[20:37] | Oh, what… what secret? | 什么 什么秘密 |
[20:39] | That you were leaving. | 你们要走那事啊 |
[20:40] | You know, Will was ready to fire me for that. | 威尔都差点因为这事把我给炒了 |
[20:44] | I’m not your enemy, Cary, | 我不是你的敌人 凯里 |
[20:45] | but I can’t endanger my job for you. | 但我也不能为了你不顾我自己的工作 |
[20:50] | Great, you’ve said your piece… | 很好 既然你都这么说了… |
[20:51] | Oh, I’m s… I’m, oh, my God. I am so sorry. | 抱歉… 老天 太对不起了 |
[20:55] | Here, wait, let me do this. | 稍等 让我来 |
[20:57] | Uh… I get it. I got it, I got it, I got it. | 我自己来 我自己来 我自己来 |
[21:09] | 短信 来自罗宾·伯丁 紧急通知 事关佩斯莉集团 | |
[21:39] | 洛&加律所还不知情 我们有机会说服他们投奔我们 | |
[21:47] | When we got into our room this morning, | 今早我们走进陪审室时 |
[21:49] | someone left stinky Thai food in the garbage. | 发现垃圾桶里有一堆发臭的泰国菜 |
[21:52] | The other jury was the last one in there. | 另一组陪审团是昨天最晚走的 |
[21:54] | Any other matters counsel would like to address before we begin? | 庭审开始前还有需要解决的事情吗 |
[21:57] | – No, Your Honor. – No, Your Honor. | -没了 法官阁下 -没有 法官阁下 |
[21:59] | Mrs. Florrick? | 福瑞克女士呢 |
[22:02] | Nothing, Your Honor. | 没有 法官阁下 |
[22:04] | Then let us proceed, shall we? | 那我们就开始吧 |
[22:08] | Abel Botera… | 我叫亚伯·博泰拉 |
[22:09] | I’m a doorman at the Cinque Terre Resort in Rio de Janeiro. | 我是里约热内卢五渔村度假村的门房 |
[22:12] | Mr. Botera, this is security video from the resort lobby | 博泰拉先生 这是今年7月11日下午 |
[22:16] | from the afternoon of July 11th of this year. | 从贵酒店大厅调取的监控录像 |
[22:18] | Can you identify this man? | 你认识这个男人吗 |
[22:19] | Yes, that’s Alonso Cazorla. | 是的 他是阿隆索·卡索拉 |
[22:21] | And are you aware that Mr. Cazorla has been convicted by Brazilian | 你是否清楚卡索拉先生已经在巴西法庭 |
[22:23] | courts of trafficking in narcotics on three separate occasions? | 三次被判私贩毒品罪 |
[22:28] | Yes, everyone in Rio knows this. | 是的 每个里约人都知道 |
[22:29] | Can you identify the two people meeting with him here? | 你能认出画面中和他见面的两个人吗 |
[22:32] | Yes. The defendants. | 是的 就是被告 |
[22:35] | You’ve described Mr. Cazorla as a drug dealer. | 你把卡索拉先生描述成了一名毒贩 |
[22:37] | But he also runs a scuba diving company, doesn’t he? | 但他不也开着一家潜水公司吗 |
[22:39] | And a nightclub, two gas stations. | 还有一家夜总会 两个加油站 |
[22:41] | – All fronts for… – So what we’re watching here | -整条… -所以我们现在看到的 |
[22:43] | could simply be an exchange of money for scuba gear. | 也有可能是他们正单纯地在购买潜水设备 |
[22:45] | – Isn’t that right? – I guess. | -我说的对吗 -我想是吧 |
[22:47] | In fact, didn’t Ms. Riggs ask you to arrange | 事实上 里格斯女士是否曾让你 |
[22:49] | a scuba lesson with Mr. Cazorla | 去卡索拉先生那去预约一节潜水课 |
[22:51] | a day before this video was taken? | 就在这个监控录像被录下的前一天 |
[22:52] | Yes. | 是的 |
[22:53] | And that scuba lesson was for Ms. Riggs alone. | 而且该潜水课是专门为里格斯女士而开 |
[22:56] | – Wasn’t it? – Yes. Yes. | -没错吧 -是的 没错 |
[22:56] | So to your knowledge, only Ms. Riggs met with Mr. Cazorla | 所以据你所知 在画面中这次碰面前 |
[22:59] | prior to the meeting that was captured on this video? | 只有里格斯女士还单独见过卡索拉先生 |
[23:01] | – Objection, Your Honor, sidebar. – Right? | -反对 法官阁下 过于偏颇 -对吗 |
[23:03] | By eliciting testimony that my client alone | 诱导证人给出我方当事人单独会见过 |
[23:05] | met with a convicted drug dealer, | 被定罪的毒贩这样的证词 |
[23:07] | Mr. Agos is implying that Ms. Riggs | 艾格斯先生是在暗示里格斯女士 |
[23:09] | was solely responsible. | 要负全责 |
[23:10] | We have an absolute right to exculpate our client. | 我们有当然理由要为我方当事人洗脱罪责 |
[23:12] | Not by implicating ours, you don’t. | 但不能陷我方当事人于不义 |
[23:14] | Judge, we request limiting instructions. | 法官 我们请求向陪审团做出限定指示 |
[23:17] | It’s like herding cats with you people. | 这指示太有挑战性了 |
[23:20] | Step back. | 都先退下 |
[23:24] | It’d be better if we work together. | 我们合作的话胜券更高 |
[23:26] | Tell that to Will. | 跟威尔说去 |
[23:33] | What is it? | 什么事 |
[23:34] | Kalinda thinks the Paisley Group might be ready to bolt. | 凯琳达觉得佩斯莉集团有可能退出 |
[23:37] | We’ve been ignoring them. | 我们一直对他们不够重视 |
[23:38] | Yeah, she has information on a case they’re worried about. | 她有消息 说他们有个案子缠身 |
[23:41] | – Can you handle this? – Yes, go. | -你能处理这里吗 -可以 去吧 |
[23:45] | I am instructing Ms. Riggs’ jury | 我命令里格斯女士的陪审团 |
[23:48] | to disregard Mr. Agos’ entire cross. | 无视艾格斯先生的整个交叉询问过程 |
[23:51] | Mr. Lampe’s jury, the ones in the folding chairs… | 兰普先生坐在折叠椅上的陪审团 |
[23:53] | No, we’re up here now. | 不 我们现在坐在这儿 |
[23:56] | Okay, good. | 好 很好 |
[24:01] | I’m happy. | 我很满意 |
[24:02] | Has someone told you I’m not happy? | 有人告诉你我不满意吗 |
[24:04] | We just want to do our due diligence, sir. | 我们只是尽职调查 先生 |
[24:07] | The Paisley Group matters to us. You matter to us. | 我们很重视佩斯莉集团 很重视你 |
[24:09] | Well, at first, I considered Florrick-Agos. | 起初我考虑过福瑞克&艾格斯律所 |
[24:13] | But again, I’m happy. | 不过 我目前很满意 |
[24:15] | I don’t know how else to say it. | 我不知道还能怎么说 |
[24:18] | I understand, sir, but we’ve identified | 我理解 先生 但我们发觉 |
[24:20] | some areas where you may need help. | 您或许在某些事情上需要我们的帮助 |
[24:22] | Haley Elliott? | 海莉·艾略特 |
[24:25] | What about her? | 她怎么了 |
[24:26] | Not to sound indelicate. | 请原谅我的失礼 |
[24:29] | I know about the solicitation charge, sir. | 我知道关于嫖娼指控的事 先生 |
[24:33] | You-you know…? | 你是指 |
[24:36] | I don’t… | 我不 |
[24:38] | What do you know? | 你知道什么 |
[24:39] | That any decent firm can get you off, | 任何律所都能帮你脱罪 |
[24:41] | but the matter’s still public record. | 但关键是还是会被记入公众记录 |
[24:43] | Now, Lockhart/Gardner | 现在洛克哈特&加德纳律所 |
[24:44] | can get the arrest expunged. | 能帮你清除这次逮捕记录 |
[24:45] | Which as a CEO of a major corporation… | 作为一家大型企业的CEO |
[24:47] | Haley is not a prostitute. She’s my granddaughter. | 海莉不是妓女 她是我孙女 |
[24:51] | She’s…? | 她是 |
[24:53] | Is this some sort of joke? | 这是什么玩笑吗 |
[24:55] | She’s in a wheelchair with Hodgkin’s. | 她由于患有霍奇金症而坐在轮椅上 |
[24:59] | No, sir, I’m-I’m very sorry. | 不 先生 我 我很抱歉 |
[25:00] | – I was terribly misinformed. – Yes, you were. | -我被严重误导了 -的确 |
[25:04] | Is there anything else you need from me? | 你还需要什么吗 |
[25:05] | No, sir. | 没有了 先生 |
[25:06] | We’re… fine. | 我们…没事了 |
[25:08] | I’ll call this afternoon. | 下午我再给您去电 |
[25:11] | What was that about? | 这是怎么回事 |
[25:12] | Cary. | 凯里 |
[25:13] | What about him? | 他怎么了 |
[25:17] | Yes, Mr. Paisley, absolutely, | 是的 佩斯莉先生 当然 |
[25:19] | we would love to meet. | 我们很乐意见您 |
[25:22] | Right, exactly, one of the reasons | 是的 的确 我们离开 |
[25:23] | we left Lockhart/Gardner was because | 洛克哈特&加德纳律所的原因之一 |
[25:24] | it was getting too big, and losing sight of its clients. | 就是它店大欺客 不重视客户 |
[25:26] | – The Paisley Group. – You’re kidding? How? | -佩斯莉集团 -真的吗 怎么回事 |
[25:28] | I thought they weren’t coming. | 我以为他们不来了 |
[25:29] | I paid a bartender to spill a drink on me. | 我付钱让一个酒保把酒洒在我身上 |
[25:32] | You…? No, I’m here, I’m here. | 你 不 我在 我在 |
[25:35] | We’re following all the ethical rules, Marilyn. | 我们遵守了所有道德条款 玛丽莲 |
[25:37] | Yes, unfortunately, this isn’t about the ethical rules. | 是的 可惜这与道德条款无关 |
[25:40] | I-I just need to ask you a few questions, Alicia. | 我只是需要问你一些问题 艾丽西娅 |
[25:42] | After court. | 等你下法庭以后 |
[25:43] | This isn’t about you as Peter’s spouse. | 不是关于你作为彼得的配偶 |
[25:45] | It’s about you as Peter’s lawyer. | 而是关于你作为他的律师 |
[25:47] | Court is now in session. | 法庭现在开庭 |
[25:48] | The Honorable Loudon Spencer presiding. | 有请尊敬的劳登·斯宾塞法官 |
[25:57] | Mr. Botera? | 博泰拉先生 |
[25:58] | What languages does Mr. Cazorla speak? | 卡索拉先生说得是哪国语言 |
[26:00] | Far as I know just Portuguese. | 据我所知是葡萄牙语 |
[26:01] | So only a person conversant in Portuguese could have | 所以只有熟悉葡语的人才能 |
[26:04] | a meaningful conversation with him? | 与他进行有意义的对话吗 |
[26:06] | – I guess. – And to your knowledge, | -我猜是的 -就你所知 |
[26:07] | did either Mr. Lampe or Ms. Riggs speak Portuguese? | 兰普先生和里格斯女士 谁会说葡语呢 |
[26:10] | – Only Mr. Lampe did. – Which is why he was the only one | -只有兰普先生 -所以他是唯一在录像中 |
[26:12] | who was speaking to Mr. Cazorla in the video. | 与卡索拉先生对话的人 |
[26:14] | – Right? – Judge, sidebar? | -对吗 -法官阁下 法庭侧议 |
[26:16] | This is precisely the type of questioning | 这恰好是加德纳先生 |
[26:18] | that Mr. Gardner objected to. | 反对的那种提问类型 |
[26:19] | Apples and oranges, Your Honor. | 这没有可比性 法官阁下 |
[26:21] | He’s implicating our client in front of our jury. | 他在我方陪审团前暗指我方当事人有牵连 |
[26:23] | After you implicated ours in front of hers. | 是你先在我方陪审团前暗指我方当事人的 |
[26:25] | Look, if this is about the Paisley Group, | 如果这和佩斯莉集团有关 |
[26:26] | why don’t you just come out and say it? | 为什么你们不直说 |
[26:27] | What are you talking about? | 你们在说什么 |
[26:28] | We request limiting instructions. | 我们要求限定指示 |
[26:29] | – No. – Your Honor, without limiting instructions, | -不 -法官阁下 没有限定指示 |
[26:31] | our client’s case is fatally compromised. | 我方当事人的案子会遭受严重损害 |
[26:33] | Sit down, Counselor. | 请坐下 律师 |
[26:36] | You understand that’s reversible error, right? | 你明白这是可逆性错误 对吗 |
[26:38] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[26:39] | I think Mrs. Florrick is simply requesting | 我想福瑞克夫人只是需要一个 |
[26:41] | an explanation for the record. | 可供记录在案的解释 |
[26:45] | Here’s my explanation. | 我的解释就是 |
[26:49] | I’m tired of the games and the backbiting. | 我已经受够了这些胡闹和互相中伤 |
[26:53] | We’re gonna finish this trial. | 我们要结束这次庭审 |
[26:55] | You understand? No more sequestration. | 懂吗 不要再让陪审团回避了 |
[26:57] | No more limiting instructions. | 也不要有限制性指令 |
[26:59] | If you want to appeal at the end of it, | 如果本案结束时 你们想上诉 |
[27:01] | knock yourself out. | 就请自便 |
[27:03] | I would like to request conference in chambers. | 我要求内庭讨论 |
[27:07] | You’re on thin ice here, Mrs. Florrick, | 你现在处境很悬了 福瑞克夫人 |
[27:09] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[27:10] | But there’s a matter I’ve been remiss | 但有一件事由于我的疏忽 |
[27:12] | in bringing to the court’s immediate attention. | 并未及时呈递引起法庭注意 |
[27:16] | Juror misconduct? | 陪审员行为不当 |
[27:17] | Yes! Your Honor, we saw two jurors | 是 法官阁下 我们看到两位陪审员 |
[27:20] | from opposing juries… | 来自对立的陪审团 |
[27:21] | They’re not opposing. | 他们不是对立的 |
[27:22] | …conferring with each other | 昨天在退庭后 |
[27:23] | after court yesterday. | 相互交谈 |
[27:25] | And what’s your explanation | 那你当初为何 |
[27:27] | for sitting on this? | 隐瞒不报 |
[27:28] | Context, Your Honor. | 因为环境 法官阁下 |
[27:29] | Initially I thought it was an innocent exchange. | 起初我以为那只是单纯的交谈 |
[27:32] | And did you witness | 那你是否也见证了 |
[27:33] | this illicit communication, too, Mr. Gardner? | 这次非法的交流呢 加德纳先生 |
[27:35] | No, Judge. | 不 法官阁下 |
[27:37] | Your Honor, that’s… | 法官阁下 这 |
[27:40] | Mr. Gardner was with me. | 加德纳先生当初和我在一起 |
[27:41] | If Mrs. Florrick is accusing me of lying to the court, | 如果福瑞克夫人指控我当庭撒谎 |
[27:44] | I assume she can corroborate that accusation. | 我想当她能够证实这项指控 |
[27:54] | Um, no, Your Honor. | 不 法官阁下 |
[27:56] | Per… perhaps I was mistaken | 也许是我误以为 |
[27:59] | as to what Mr. Gardner observed. | 加德纳先生看到了什么 |
[28:11] | So you know nothing about this video? | 所以你对这录像一无所知吗 |
[28:16] | Alicia, have you seen this video before? | 艾丽西娅 你是否看过这段录像 |
[28:18] | No. | 没有 |
[28:19] | Do you know anything about the activity depicted in this video? | 你对这段录像中呈现的活动有所了解吗 |
[28:21] | No. | 没有 |
[28:23] | But these were the ballots you went to court to dispute, correct? | 但这就是你当时在法庭所辩的选票箱对吗 |
[28:25] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[28:26] | And just to be specific, | 具体来说 |
[28:28] | I went to court to delegitimize those votes. | 我上法庭是为了让这些选票合法化 |
[28:30] | Right. Thanks for clarifying that. | 好的 感谢澄清这一点 |
[28:32] | Do you know Jim Moody? | 你认识吉姆·穆迪吗 |
[28:33] | No. I mean, I know of him. | 不 我是说 我知道他 |
[28:34] | He worked on my husband’s campaign. | 他在我丈夫的竞选团队中工作 |
[28:37] | You never had a conversation with Jim Moody? | 你从未与吉姆·穆迪有过交流吗 |
[28:42] | Marilyn, I have answered all your questions | 玛丽莲 我已经回答了所有问题 |
[28:45] | as candidly as I can. | 知无不言 |
[28:46] | I have no idea about this video, period. | 我不知道这段录像 完毕 |
[28:50] | Now, I’m in the middle of a trial. | 现在我正处于一场庭审中 |
[28:52] | Of course. Thank you for your time. | 好的 感谢你抽空前来 |
[29:28] | Can you leave us, please? | 请你们回避一下 好吗 |
[29:33] | I’ll call you back. | 我会再打给你 |
[29:43] | I was here to see Marilyn Garbanza. | 我是来见玛丽莲·戈班扎的 |
[29:47] | I’m sorry about that. | 我很抱歉 |
[29:48] | I didn’t, I didn’t think she’d be moving so fast. | 我不知道她手脚那么快 |
[29:50] | That video? | 那段录像 |
[29:52] | Did you know anything about it? | 你之前知情吗 |
[29:54] | I wasn’t even aware of its existence until yesterday. | 到昨天为止我都不知道它的存在 |
[29:56] | I’m not talking about its existence. | 我不是问录像的存在 |
[29:59] | I’m talking about what it depicts. | 我是问里面的内容 |
[30:02] | Alicia, if I had known what Jim Moody was up to, | 艾丽西娅 如果我知道吉姆·穆迪这样做了 |
[30:05] | why would I have asked you to disqualify those ballots? | 为什么我会让你取消那些选票呢 |
[30:08] | You didn’t ask me. | 你没有 |
[30:10] | Eli did. | 是伊莱说的 |
[30:11] | Because he didn’t know anything about what Moody was up to. | 因为他并不知道穆迪做了什么 |
[30:14] | And neither did I. | 我也不知道 |
[30:19] | Zach, our son, | 扎克 我们的儿子 |
[30:23] | testified in court | 就那些选票 |
[30:24] | about those ballots. | 出庭作证了 |
[30:26] | – I know. – And he will have to testify again. | -我知道 -他还要再次作证 |
[30:30] | This time in front of the Feds. | 这次是在联邦调查局面前 |
[30:33] | I hope not. | 我希望不用 |
[30:34] | No! | 不 |
[30:36] | My son will not get caught up in the middle of this hurricane. | 我的儿子不能卷入这场政治飓风 |
[30:39] | -You need to fix this. – Alicia… | -你要解决这个问题 -艾丽西娅 |
[30:41] | Just tell me that you will fix it, okay? | 告诉我你会解决这个问题的 行吗 |
[30:45] | Just tell me that. | 告诉我 |
[30:50] | I’m gonna fix it. | 我会解决的 |
[31:09] | Well played, Cary. | 干得不错 凯里 |
[31:13] | When did you find out | 你们什么时候发现 |
[31:14] | Haley Elliott was his granddaughter? | 海莉·艾略特是他孙女的 |
[31:16] | After we accused him of solicitation. | 在我们指控他招妓后 |
[31:23] | You paid the bartender to spill the drinks, | 你买通酒保把酒杯打翻 |
[31:25] | and then texted your own phone? | 然后给自己的手机发了条短信是吗 |
[31:27] | Yup. | 没错 |
[31:28] | When did you think to do that? | 你什么时候打算那样做的 |
[31:29] | Ah, not too much before you got there. | 就在你到之前不久 |
[31:38] | Take care, Kalinda. | 保重 凯琳达 |
[31:43] | So, we’re even now? | 那么 我们扯平了 |
[31:46] | Yeah. Why? | 是的 怎么了 |
[31:49] | Then let’s get a drink. | 那我们去喝一杯吧 |
[31:50] | – So you can get one up on me? – No. | -所以你能再赢我一次吗 -不 |
[31:53] | ‘Cause I want a drink. | 因为我想喝一杯 |
[31:59] | This isn’t a good idea, Kalinda. | 这不是个好主意 凯琳达 |
[32:00] | I know. | 我知道 |
[32:03] | So? | 怎么说 |
[32:25] | Ryan Belfair. | 瑞恩·贝尔法 |
[32:26] | I’m the head of security for the Cinque Terre Resort. | 我是五渔度假村的安保主管 |
[32:29] | Mr. Belfair, what are we watching here? | 贝尔法先生 我们在看的这是什么 |
[32:33] | It’s security video from the sixth floor of the Cinque Terre Resort. | 这是五渔度假村六楼的监控录像 |
[32:36] | Could you please tell us what you see next? | 你能告诉我们你接下来看到了什么吗 |
[32:40] | That’s Mr. Lampe and Ms. Riggs | 那是兰普先生 里格斯女士 |
[32:41] | with Alonso Cazorla. | 和阿隆索·卡索拉在一起 |
[32:43] | Mr. Lampe’s handing him an envelope. | 兰普先生给了他一个信封 |
[32:45] | Was Mr. Cazorla staying at the hotel? | 卡索拉当时也住在酒店吗 |
[32:47] | He was not. | 没有 |
[32:48] | So as head of resort security, could you please explain | 作为度假村安保部门的主管 你能解释一下 |
[32:51] | how Mr. Cazorla got up to Mr. Lampe’s room | 卡索拉先生是怎么来到兰普先生 |
[32:54] | on the sixth floor? | 位于六楼的房间的 |
[32:56] | Someone staying at that hotel would had | 一定是某个住在酒店的人 |
[32:57] | to have given him a key to access the elevator. | 给了他使用电梯的钥匙 |
[33:00] | Thank you. Nothing further. | 谢谢 没别的问题了 |
[33:02] | Mr. Gardner? | 加德纳先生 |
[33:02] | Mr. Belfair, | 贝尔法先生 |
[33:04] | you have no idea what was in that envelope, do you? | 你并不知道信封里装着什么 对吗 |
[33:06] | No, but I can guess. | 不 但我可以猜出来 |
[33:07] | I’m not asking you to guess. | 我没让你猜 |
[33:08] | – I’m asking if you know. – No. | -我是问你知不知道 -不知道 |
[33:10] | Alicia… | 艾丽西娅 |
[33:12] | I noticed something in the video. | 我注意到录像里的一些东西 |
[33:14] | When I talked to the flight attendant, | 我和空乘谈话的时候 |
[33:15] | she was packing all during the conversation. | 她正在收拾东西 |
[33:17] | Now, the video that we just saw in court? | 而我们刚才在庭审看到的录像中 |
[33:19] | Alonso Cazorla is wearing a T-shirt | 阿隆索·穿着一件 |
[33:21] | that says “Honey Bar” On it. | 印有「蜂蜜吧」的T恤 |
[33:22] | It’s a place that he owns. | 是他开的一家店 |
[33:24] | And I remember Ms. Barrett | 我记得巴瑞特女士 |
[33:25] | had a cap that said “Honey Bar.” | 有一顶帽子上也印着「蜂蜜吧」 |
[33:27] | So I went to her profile. | 所以我查了她的个人简介 |
[33:28] | 克里斯蒂娜·巴瑞特 居住地:芝加哥 信息 爱好:旅行 照片(735) 职业:空姐 好友(387) | |
[33:28] | And I found this picture. | 我找到了这张照片 |
[33:33] | We could argue that the flight attendant and the coke king | 我们可以辩护说空乘和毒枭 |
[33:34] | – knew each other. – That’s great work, Robyn. | -认识彼此 -干得好 罗宾 |
[33:36] | Now, here’s a question. | 现在的问题是 |
[33:40] | Should we tell them? | 我们要告诉他们吗 |
[33:41] | Will and Diane? | 威尔和戴安 |
[33:43] | It helps us both if we’re arguing in sync. | 如果我们共同提出的话对双方都有利 |
[33:46] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[33:48] | Or could they try to screw us? | 但他们会整我们吗 |
[33:49] | Yeah, if they want us to lose more than they want to win. | 如果他们更想我们输而不是自己赢的话 |
[33:59] | Ms. Barrett, were you in a drug treatment facility | 巴瑞特女士 你2006年时是否曾因 |
[34:01] | in 2006 for addiction to painkillers? | 对止痛药上瘾而进过戒毒所 |
[34:03] | Objection. Relevance. | 反对 与本案无关 |
[34:05] | She testified, Your Honor. | 她作证了 法官阁下 |
[34:06] | The jury has a right | 陪审团有权 |
[34:07] | to judge her trustworthiness. | 对她的可信度作出判断 |
[34:08] | Overruled. Please answer. | 反对无效 请回答 |
[34:12] | Yes. | 是的 |
[34:13] | I was in rehab for four months. | 我是曾在戒毒所呆过四个月 |
[34:15] | And you’ve struggled with narcotics addiction? | 你曾受麻醉剂上瘾的困扰吗 |
[34:19] | I’m-I’m cured now. | 我 我已经戒掉了 |
[34:20] | Now, you’ve run up a credit card debt | 你的信用卡现在负债 |
[34:22] | that’s currently $45,000… | 四万五千美元 |
[34:25] | Objection, Your Honor. | 反对 法官阁下 |
[34:26] | This is naked character assassination. | 这是赤裸裸的人格攻击 |
[34:27] | – Sustained. – Nothing further, Your Honor. | -反对有效 -没其他问题了 法官阁下 |
[34:30] | Ms. Barrett, as a flight attendant, | 巴瑞特女士 作为一个空乘 |
[34:31] | do you have to go through airport security? | 你是否需要经过安检 |
[34:33] | Yes, I’m subject to expedited screening. | 我会经过快速安检扫描 |
[34:35] | In fact, at Galeao Airport | 事实上 在加利昂机场 |
[34:36] | you bypass security altogether. | 你绕开了所有安检 |
[34:38] | Your bag isn’t x-rayed. It’s not searched. | 你的包没有经过扫描 也没有被搜查过 |
[34:40] | Yes. But that’s true for every crew member. | 没错 但所有乘务员都没安检过 |
[34:42] | So to summarize… | 所以总结一下 |
[34:43] | you have a history of drug use, | 你有过吸毒史 |
[34:45] | a huge debt load, | 沉重的债务负担 |
[34:46] | – the ability to bypass airport security… – Objection. | -绕过机场安检的能力 -反对 |
[34:48] | Counsel is testifying. … access to the bag in question | 律师作证…在整趟航班过程中 |
[34:50] | during the entire flight… | 接触本案讨论的行李包的权限 |
[34:51] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[34:52] | Is it true that you planted drugs | 你是否在我当事人的行李中 |
[34:54] | in my client’s carry-on | 放入了毒品 |
[34:55] | – in order to extract it… – Objection! | -以便在他们 -反对 |
[34:57] | – Your Honor! … – once they had cleared security? | -法官阁下 -通过安检后取出 |
[34:59] | The jury will disregard | 陪审团请忽略 |
[35:00] | Mrs. Florrick’s entire cross-examination, | 福瑞克女士的整个交叉询问 |
[35:02] | completely lacking in foundation. | 这完全缺乏依据 |
[35:05] | You will pay it no mind. | 你们要完全忽略这段内容 |
[35:12] | Oh, thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:15] | The waiting… | 等待 |
[35:16] | I keep thinking the worst. | 让我不停想着最坏的情况 |
[35:17] | I have a good feeling about this. | 我预感结果会很好 |
[35:18] | Me, too. | 我也是 |
[35:21] | Jury’s back. | 陪审团回来了 |
[35:23] | Which one? | 哪一个 |
[35:25] | Theirs. | 他们的 |
[35:30] | And has the jury reached a verdict? | 陪审团作出裁定了吗 |
[35:32] | We have, Your Honor. | 是的 法官阁下 |
[35:33] | In the matter of Howard Lampe, what say you? | 在霍华德·兰普的问题上 你们怎样认为 |
[35:38] | Actually, we’re the Darla Riggs jury. | 事实上 我们是达拉·里格斯的陪审团 |
[35:43] | What say you? | 你们怎么认为 |
[35:46] | On the charge of felony possession | 关于携带并试图运输 |
[35:48] | of a controlled substance with intent to deliver, | 受管制药品罪这一指控 |
[35:50] | we find the defendant not guilty. | 我们认为被告无罪 |
[35:57] | And it appears we have another matter to attend to. | 看起来我们还有另一件事要处理 |
[35:59] | Mr. Lampe’s jury | 兰普先生的陪审团 |
[36:01] | has requested that excerpts of testimony | 要求重述两位证人的 |
[36:03] | from two witnesses be read back. | 证词摘要 |
[36:06] | What does that mean? | 这是什么意思 |
[36:08] | It means they need more information before they decide. | 这说明他们作出决定前还需要更多信息 |
[36:11] | That’s bad. | 这不是好事 |
[36:11] | Isn’t it? | 不是吗 |
[36:13] | If they need more information, that’s bad? | 如果他们需要更多的信息 这不是好事 |
[36:22] | Mr. Gardner, you were the Florrick campaign’s attorney | 加德纳先生 你在福瑞克竞选期间 |
[36:25] | at the time of his election, correct? | 是他的竞选团律师 对吗 |
[36:27] | No, I was one of a number of Florrick campaign attorneys. | 不 我是福瑞克的竞选律师之一 |
[36:29] | I see. | 明白了 |
[36:30] | And in your capacity as one of his attorneys, | 在你身为律师期间 |
[36:32] | did you attempt to invalidate a ballot box | 有没有因人为某选票箱受损 |
[36:35] | that you believed had been compromised? | 而试图使该选票箱作废 |
[36:37] | – I did. – And at some point, | -是的 -那么 在某一时刻 |
[36:38] | did you become aware of a video | 你有没有发现一份录像 |
[36:39] | that suggested a campaign Florrick operative | 表明作为候选人的福瑞克 |
[36:42] | tampered with that ballot box? | 对该票箱做了手脚 |
[36:47] | Do you need me to repeat the question? | 需要我重复一遍问题吗 |
[36:48] | Marilyn, what’s going on here? | 玛丽莲 到底怎么回事 |
[36:50] | I’m conducting an investigation. | 我在进行一项调查 |
[36:51] | An ethics investigation, not a grand jury proceeding. | 是道德调查 不是大陪审团程序 |
[36:54] | I was under the impression that Eli asked you to cooperate with me. | 我记得伊莱要求你配合我的 |
[37:01] | Yes, I became aware of a video. | 是 我发现了一份录像 |
[37:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:03] | And did you bring your awareness of that video | 你把发现录像的事情 |
[37:05] | to the governor’s attention? | 告知州长了吗 |
[37:09] | No. | 不 |
[37:10] | No, you didn’t? | 你没有吗 |
[37:11] | No, I can’t answer. | 不 我不能说 |
[37:13] | Any advice I gave Governor Florrick on this matter | 我在这件事上给福瑞克州长的任何建议 |
[37:15] | is shielded by attorney-client privilege. | 都受律师与当事人保密特权保护 |
[37:20] | I see. | 明白了 |
[37:23] | Come with me, please. | 请跟我来 |
[37:51] | It’s open. | 门开着 |
[37:55] | Marilyn. What do you need? | 玛丽莲 有什么事 |
[37:57] | Sir, I need you to waive | 先生 我需要你放弃 |
[37:58] | attorney-client privilege | 律师当事人保密特权 |
[37:59] | so Mr. Gardner can answer my questions. | 让加德纳先生回答我的问题 |
[38:06] | And… what is the scope | 那…你需要我在什么范围 |
[38:08] | of the waiver you’re seeking? | 放弃保密特权 |
[38:11] | One that covers all matters related to my inquiry. | 涵盖所有与我调查相关的事情 |
[38:22] | Give us a moment. Alone. | 让我们聊会 单独聊 |
[38:26] | Certainly. | 当然可以 |
[38:27] | Why? | 但为什么呢 |
[38:29] | Because I want to speak to Mr. Gardner. | 因为我想跟加德纳先生聊聊 |
[38:32] | Anything you discuss | 你们谈论的一切 |
[38:34] | should be part of my investigation. | 都是我调查的一部分 |
[38:37] | I want to talk to him as a lawyer: | 我想跟作为律师的他聊一下 |
[38:38] | a lawyer that used to represent me. | 作为曾代表我的律师 |
[38:40] | Do you understand that? | 你明白吗 |
[38:44] | I do. | 明白 |
[38:45] | I’ll be right out here. | 我就在外面等着 |
[38:53] | If I were to waive privilege, | 如果我放弃特权 |
[38:55] | what would your testimony be? | 你的证词会说什么 |
[38:57] | That I visited you | 说我在选举日 |
[38:58] | in your hotel suite on election day. | 去你的酒店套房见你 |
[39:00] | That I had acquired a videotape | 我得到了一份录像 |
[39:01] | that I wanted you to see. | 想让你看看 |
[39:02] | A videotape that I refused to see? | 一份我拒绝观看的录像 |
[39:04] | That’s correct. | 是的 |
[39:06] | Okay. | 好 |
[39:07] | And, uh, that would be it? | 就这么多吗 |
[39:08] | No. | 不 |
[39:10] | I told you that the video proved | 我告诉了你录像证明了 |
[39:12] | 30,000 of your votes were fraudulent. | 有3万张投给你的票是伪造的 |
[39:15] | No. | 不 |
[39:17] | You told me you had video evidence | 你告诉我你有录像证据 |
[39:18] | that I would lose the election. | 证明我会输掉竞选 |
[39:19] | Yes, that, too. | 对 我也说了那个 |
[39:21] | Then I said, | 然后我说 |
[39:22] | “The 30,000 votes are fraudulent.” | 「那3万张选票是伪造的」 |
[39:24] | – That’s not how I remember it. – Really? | -我记得不是那样 -是吗 |
[39:26] | And how do you remember | 你对撤销戴安的法官职位 |
[39:27] | taking back Diane’s judgeship? | 这件事是怎么记得的 |
[39:36] | So we’re headed… we’re headed that way, huh? | 我们…我们要扯到这件事吗 |
[39:38] | No, I’m just making a point. | 不 我只是在表明立场 |
[39:40] | Politicians have a way of misremembering things to their liking. | 政客有根据自己的喜好记错事情的习惯 |
[39:44] | Yeah, tell me about | 对 那跟我说说 |
[39:45] | the ethics of that, Counselor. | 那件事的道德问题吧 律师 |
[39:47] | What could I tell the most ethical administration | 我能跟伊利诺伊史上 |
[39:49] | in Illinois history? | 最有道德的州长说什么呢 |
[39:51] | Do you even hear yourself? | 你好好听自己说的话了吗 |
[39:54] | Suspended lawyer, | 你这个曾经的停职律师 |
[39:55] | man who cheats with other men’s wives… | 跟别人妻子有染的… |
[39:56] | What do you want me to do, Peter? | 你想让我怎么做 彼得 |
[39:59] | As your lawyer, | 作为你的律师 |
[40:01] | what do you want me to do? | 你希望我怎么做 |
[40:12] | Marilyn. | 玛丽莲 |
[40:16] | Yes, Mr. Governor? | 我在 州长先生 |
[40:17] | I have instructed Mr. Gardner | 我已经告诉加德纳先生 |
[40:18] | not to waive my attorney-client privilege. | 不放弃我的律师与当事人保密特权 |
[40:22] | Are you sure, sir? | 你确定吗 先生 |
[40:23] | Yes. | 确定 |
[40:34] | The S.A. is panicking. | 检察官慌了 |
[40:36] | They’re afraid of walking away with nothing, | 他们害怕离开法庭时一无所获 |
[40:38] | so they’ve sweetened the offer. | 所以妥协了认罪条件 |
[40:40] | Four years. | 四年 |
[40:42] | You’ll be eligible for parole in two. | 两年后可以假释 |
[40:45] | But do you think I can win? | 你们认为我能赢吗 |
[40:50] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[40:54] | My life is probabilities. | 我的生活就是一连串概率 |
[40:59] | The odds of… | 我能遇到… |
[41:01] | me meeting Darla: | 达拉的概率 |
[41:03] | it’s two million to one. | 两百万分之一 |
[41:05] | And the odds of our falling in love: | 我们相爱的概率 |
[41:10] | 60 million to one. | 六千万分之一 |
[41:16] | What are the odds of an acquittal? | 我能无罪释放的概率呢 |
[41:19] | It’s a coin toss. | 百分之五十吧 |
[41:20] | But the downside… | 但输的话… |
[41:22] | If you were me, | 如果你是我 |
[41:25] | what would you do, Alicia? | 会怎么办 艾丽西娅 |
[41:38] | Two years. | 两年 |
[41:40] | That’s a lifetime. | 感觉有一辈子那么长 |
[41:41] | I’ll wait for you, Howard. | 我会等你 霍华德 |
[41:42] | Yeah? | 真的吗 |
[41:44] | As long as it takes. | 多久都等 |
[41:45] | – Yeah? – Yeah. | -真的 -真的 |
[42:02] | “Accordingly, I am unable to take a position | 因此 我无法确定 |
[42:04] | “Regarding the propriety of | 此项事件中 |
[42:06] | the Florrick Administration’s conduct in this matter…” | 福瑞克州长的行为是否合适… |
[42:09] | Oh, come on! | 拜托 |
[42:10] | Your conclusion is that you can’t draw a conclusion? | 你的结论就是无法下结论吗 |
[42:13] | Yes. | 对 |
[42:14] | Because I didn’t finish my investigation. | 因为我没有完成调查 |
[42:15] | We made everyone available… | 我们调查了所有有关人员… |
[42:16] | The most important witness | 最重要的证人 |
[42:17] | refused to answer my questions | 拒绝回答我的问题 |
[42:19] | because the governor won’t waive | 因为州长不放弃 |
[42:20] | attorney-client privilege. | 律师与当事人保密特权 |
[42:21] | What witness? | 什么证人 |
[42:22] | Will Gardner. | 威尔·加德纳 |
[42:23] | The witness who discovered the video | 这个证人发现了录像 |
[42:25] | and tried to show the governor. | 曾试图给州长看 |
[42:26] | There are other reasons why Peter won’t waive. | 彼得不愿放弃特权还有一个原因 |
[42:29] | This guy has got it out for him. | 这家伙勾起了他的火气 |
[42:30] | – He fired his wife… – Eli. | -他开除了他妻子…-伊莱 |
[42:33] | My report is inconclusive | 在州长全面无条件配合之前 |
[42:34] | until I have the governor’s full | 我的报告 |
[42:36] | and unconditional cooperation. | 会保持未完结状态 |
[42:41] | You’re throwing this into the laps of the Feds? | 你要把这件事送进联邦调查局手里吗 |
[42:43] | No. But it might end up in the laps of the Feds | 不 但最后很可能落入联邦调查局手里 |
[42:45] | because you don’t trust me. | 就因为你不信任我 |
[42:46] | He did nothing wrong. | 他没做错事 |
[42:47] | We won by eight points. | 我们赢了八个百分点 |
[42:48] | It doesn’t matter. | 那不重要 |
[42:50] | Peter is in real trouble, Eli. | 彼得陷入真正的麻烦了 伊莱 |
[42:52] | He’s in trouble for one reason. | 他的麻烦只有一个原因 |
[42:55] | Will Gardner. | 威尔·加德纳 |
[43:00] | Damn it! | 该死 |