时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:20] | What was that? | 什么意思 |
[00:23] | What? | 什么 |
[00:24] | You nodded. What part? | 你点头了 是哪段 |
[00:26] | Alicia. | 艾丽西娅 |
[00:40] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[00:42] | You hated it. | 你觉得很差 |
[00:43] | – No, I… – Self-serving? | -不 我…-自我中心吗 |
[00:45] | – No, it’s, uh… – Boring. | -不 就是…-枯燥 |
[00:47] | I’m… sorry. Go ahead. | 对不起 你说 |
[00:50] | It’s dry. | 空洞 |
[00:52] | Oh, my God, Cary, I spent two weeks on that speech. | 凯里 这份稿子我写了两星期 |
[00:54] | Yeah, and it feels like you spent two weeks on it. | 没错 看得出来你写了两星期 |
[00:55] | – I have to give this speech tomorrow. – So rewrite it. | -明天就要上台演讲了 -那就重写 |
[00:58] | They didn’t ask you because you’re an expert | 他们请你并非因为你专攻退出职场 |
[01:00] | on opt-out moms. | 做母亲这个课题 |
[01:02] | They asked you because you were an opt-out mom. | 而是因为你就曾是个退出职场的母亲 |
[01:07] | Clarke, where are you? | 克拉克 你在哪 |
[01:08] | In traffic. | 塞在路上 |
[01:09] | New York is the city of endless possibilities. | 纽约是一座充满无限可能的城市 |
[01:13] | It’s a different adventure every day and every minute. | 每一天每一分钟都是新的冒险 |
[01:15] | Excuse me, how do I turn this down? | 请问这个怎么关小啊 |
[01:17] | No, no, cars in front. Cannot turn right. | 不行不行 前面有车 不能右转 |
[01:20] | Sorry. Rayna Hecht called. | 抱歉 蕾娜·赫特打电话来了 |
[01:22] | She wants to have the meeting now. | 她想现在就面谈 |
[01:24] | She what? | 她什么 |
[01:25] | She wants to have the meeting right now! | 她想现在马上就面谈 |
[01:27] | Not tonight. And I’m stuck in traffic. | 而不是今晚 我现在还塞在路上 |
[01:29] | Uh… Rayna Hecht wants to meet right now. | 蕾娜·赫特想现在就面谈 |
[01:32] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[01:33] | Clarke, we’re not ready. | 克拉克 我们还没准备好 |
[01:34] | We are ready. Just tell her about the firm. | 我们准备好了 就跟她谈谈律所的情况 |
[01:37] | She doesn’t care about our size. | 她不在乎我们的规模 |
[01:38] | She wants to go someplace with a future. | 她想找个有发展潜力的地方 |
[01:40] | She’d down in the lounge. She’s waiting right now. | 她已经到大堂了 正等着呢 |
[01:43] | We got to go. | 我们得现在下去 |
[01:44] | Cary, listen to me. | 凯里 听我说 |
[01:45] | She brings a full portfolio of clients with her. | 她手上有大量客户 |
[01:48] | Over $60 million a year in billing. We need her. | 每年计时收入超过六千万 我们需要她 |
[01:51] | She is the very definition of a rainmaker. | 她就是摇钱树的化身 |
[01:54] | What? Clarke… | 什么 克拉克 |
[01:56] | can you turn down your TV? | 能把电视声音关小点吗 |
[01:58] | I’m trying, but the mayor | 我在关 但是那市长 |
[01:59] | won’t stop talking. | 就是说个没完 |
[02:01] | But I guarantee you… | 但我向你保证 |
[02:06] | Rayna Hecht is a rainmaker. | 蕾娜·赫特是个摇钱树 |
[02:08] | We need her. Every firm in Chicago… | 我们需要她 芝加哥的每间律所… |
[02:10] | New York is the city | 纽约是一座 |
[02:12] | of endless possibilities. | 充满无限可能的城市 |
[02:13] | – It’s a different adventure… – And he’s back. | -每天都是新的冒险…-他又来了 |
[02:15] | I can’t hear you, all right? | 我听不见你 |
[02:16] | I’m gonna have to call you back. Bye. | 待会再打给你 再见 |
[02:17] | Why am I having so much trouble with this speech? | 为什么这演讲搞得我这么痛苦 |
[02:20] | Look, look, look. | 听着 听着 |
[02:23] | It’s the keynote speech at the ABA | 这是美国律师公会的主题演讲 |
[02:24] | and you’re trying to impress people. Don’t. | 而你想让大家印象深刻 别这样 |
[02:27] | They don’t want to hear facts and figures… | 他们想听的不是罗列事实和数据 |
[02:28] | they want to hear your story. | 而是想听你的故事 |
[02:30] | You went from an opt-out mom to the partner in a law firm | 你如何在四年之内从一个退出职场的母亲成为 |
[02:33] | in four years. | 律所合伙人 |
[02:35] | That’s your speech. | 这就是你的演讲 |
[02:39] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[02:42] | There. | 她在那里 |
[02:44] | Every lawyer is after her. | 每个律师都在拉拢她 |
[02:46] | Great. | 好极了 |
[02:49] | Can you believe this? | 你能相信这么巧吗 |
[02:52] | I’ll be honest. | 我有话直说 |
[02:53] | I like you guys. I do. | 我喜欢你们 真的 |
[02:55] | And I do intend to decide in the next 48 hours. | 我也确实需要考虑两天再做决定 |
[02:58] | But I want a partnership that I can believe in. | 但我希望与值得信赖的人合作 |
[03:03] | I’m leaving Hartley & Jenner because of the indictments. | 我离开哈特利&詹纳就是因为他们被起诉了 |
[03:06] | If you’re worried about my suspension a few years ago, | 如果你担心的是我之前的停职事件 |
[03:08] | that’s past, and I’m a better lawyer for it. | 那都是过去的事 我已经不是那样的律师了 |
[03:12] | Good pitch. | 说得正合我意 |
[03:14] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[03:16] | Okay, well, let me get my little ducks in a row, | 那我把手头的事先理顺 |
[03:17] | – and we’ll talk. – Thank you, Ms. Hecht. | -然后再详谈 -谢谢 赫特女士 |
[03:20] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:22] | So, you’re a big firm now… | 你们也算是有资格出席 |
[03:24] | making a presence at the ABA? | 美国律师公会活动的大律所了啊 |
[03:25] | Out shaking the trees, just like you. | 出来物色新伙伴 就像你们这样 |
[03:26] | Good luck with the keynote tomorrow. | 祝你明天的主题演讲顺利 |
[03:29] | Don’t let him get in your head. | 别为他心烦 |
[03:30] | Ms. Hecht, hello. | 赫特女士 你好 |
[03:31] | I’m Cary Agos. Alicia Florrick. | 我是凯里·艾格斯 这位是艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[03:32] | Hey. I’m sorry if I don’t sit down, | 抱歉我不能留下跟你们谈了 |
[03:34] | but I need to make a few calls. | 我得去打几个电话 |
[03:36] | why don’t we do this another time? Good to meet you. | 不如另外安排个时间吧 再会 |
[03:40] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[03:41] | We lost our slot. | 被人捷足先登了 |
[03:42] | – She’ll vet us. – We’re good. | -她会考虑我们的 -我们经营良好 |
[03:44] | – No one’s under indictment. – Damian. | -也没人被起诉 -达米安 |
[03:46] | – He’s not under indictment. – Well, we want her. | -他没有被起诉 -好 我们要她 |
[03:49] | $60 million in client billing. | 每年超六千万的计时收入 |
[03:51] | – You coming? – Uh, no, I’ll see you later. | -一起上去吗 -不了 待会来找你 |
[03:55] | Lot of lawyers at this thing, huh? | 这活动很多律师出席啊 |
[03:58] | – Do you have a minute? – No. | -有时间吗 -没有 |
[04:01] | I can take my time, Mr. Gardner. | 我有耐心等 加德纳先生 |
[04:03] | I was on the Blagojevich case. | 我负责过布拉戈耶维奇案件 |
[04:05] | We always knew that sooner or later the lawyers would talk. | 我们都知道迟早律师会开口的 |
[04:08] | They want to talk; they need to talk. | 他们想说 也需要说 |
[04:10] | They know that attorney-client privilege only gets them so far. | 他们知道律师当事人保密协议的保护能力有限 |
[04:14] | Earplugs, please. | 请给我一副耳塞 |
[04:16] | The problem you have, Mr. Gardner, | 加德纳先生 你所面临的问题 |
[04:18] | is that voter fraud is an ongoing crime, a conspiracy. | 选票舞弊是一项正在进行的犯罪 是共谋犯罪 |
[04:21] | If you’re protecting the governor, you’re just as guilty. | 如果你袒护州长 你也有罪 |
[04:24] | That’s why you’ll talk. | 所以你会开口的 |
[04:25] | The governor is not your friend. | 州长不是你的朋友 |
[04:27] | No one… no judge or disciplinary body… | 任何人 任何法官或纪律团体 |
[04:30] | will blame you for breaking attorney-client privilege. | 都不会因为你打破律师当事人保密协议而责怪你 |
[04:33] | You can’t freeze me out, Mr. Gardner. | 你避不开我的 加德纳先生 |
[04:35] | I’m an agent of the Office of Public Integrity. | 我是廉政办公室的执法人员 |
[04:37] | – I have subpoena power. – I’m sorry, I can’t hear you. | -我有权传唤你 -抱歉 听不见 |
[04:45] | I’ll get on with Clarke, see if we can set up another time. | 我打给克拉克 看能不能另外安排个时间 |
[04:48] | Okay, and I will get on with Robyn | 好 那我找罗宾 |
[04:50] | and have her look into her background. | 调查一下她的背景 |
[04:51] | No, no, no, you go back to your room and you work on your speech. | 不 你回房间去写演讲稿 |
[04:53] | – Cary, it’ll only take a minute… – Alicia… | -凯里 就一分钟 -艾丽西娅 |
[04:56] | you’re procrastinating. | 你这是拖延症 |
[04:58] | Go back to your room and work on your keynote. | 回房间写演讲稿去 |
[05:01] | Okay? Remember, personal stories. | 好吗 记住 写自己的故事 |
[05:06] | Robyn, what are you doing? | 罗宾 你在做什么 |
[05:22] | Just… write anything down. | 想到什么写什么 |
[05:43] | Mrs. Alicia Florrick. | 艾丽西娅·福瑞克夫人 |
[05:46] | Hi. I’m Lorainne Joy. | 你好 我是洛林·乔伊 |
[05:48] | Thank you for coming in. | 谢谢你过来 |
[05:49] | Oh, thank you for inviting me in, Ms. Joy. | 谢谢你邀请我 乔伊女士 |
[05:51] | How could I not? | 不请你来怎么行呢 |
[05:52] | Your name just sort of popped out at me. | 你的名字突然一下出现在我眼前 |
[05:55] | Oh, my God, your husband. | 天啊 你的丈夫 |
[05:59] | If my husband did that to me… | 要是我丈夫这么对我… |
[06:01] | look, I don’t know what I would do. | 真不知道该怎么办 |
[06:02] | – Thank you. – No, I know what I would do. | -谢谢 -不 我知道自己会做什么 |
[06:04] | I would… probably scratch his eyes out. | 可能会把他的眼珠子都挖出来 |
[06:06] | That’s what I would do. | 我应该会这么干 |
[06:08] | Oh… you don’t need to give me a resume. | 不用给我简历了 |
[06:11] | Just tell me about yourself. | 说说你自己吧 |
[06:17] | When did you last practice law? | 你最后执业是什么时候 |
[06:21] | Well, officially… | 正式离职 |
[06:23] | 13 years ago. | 是十三年前 |
[06:25] | But… I helped advise on a lot of cases. | 但是…我给很多案件提供过意见 |
[06:29] | On your husband’s cases? | 你丈夫办理的案件吗 |
[06:31] | Yes. | 是的 |
[06:32] | Uh-huh. Well, good. | 很好 |
[06:36] | Listen, here’s the thing… Alicia. | 是这样的 艾丽西娅 |
[06:39] | We don’t really have any positions available | 我们目前暂时没有 |
[06:41] | at the moment. | 职位空缺 |
[06:43] | I know… the position we have | 目前我们要招的是 |
[06:44] | is for starting associate. | 刚起步的律师 |
[06:48] | Oh, well, I’m… I’m open for that. | 这…我也能接受 |
[06:50] | No. That wouldn’t really be appropriate. | 不 那不太合适 |
[06:53] | You know, we make a big play | 这个职位我们主要面向 |
[06:54] | for the Ivy League pool for that, so… | 常春藤毕业生 所以… |
[07:21] | Alicia Florrick. | 艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[07:26] | When can you start? | 你什么时候能上班 |
[07:29] | What? When can I… start work? | 什么 我什么时候…能上班 |
[07:32] | Yes. You want to work here? | 对 你想在这里工作吗 |
[07:33] | I do. Uh, um, now. | 是的 现在就可以 |
[07:35] | I’m… Tomorrow, if you’d like. | 我…明天吧 你愿意的话 |
[07:39] | Good. Uh, come on back in, | 很好 明天过来 |
[07:40] | and I’ll assign you a desk. | 我给你安排张桌子 |
[07:48] | Yeah! | 太好了 |
[08:12] | It doesn’t officially show till Wednesday. | 本来这套周三才能开始看房 |
[08:14] | How much? | 多少钱 |
[08:16] | Well, I warned you you’d fall in love with it. | 我警告过你会爱上它的 |
[08:19] | It’s not really in your range. | 它超出你的预算了 |
[08:21] | I have a job now. | 我现在有工作了 |
[08:22] | My range has changed. How many rooms? | 所以预算也涨了 有几间卧室 |
[08:24] | Three. Two baths and a maid’s. | 三个 两间浴室一间保姆房 |
[08:29] | I love the light. The windows are great. | 我喜欢这里的采光 窗户开得特别好 |
[08:31] | I have a three- bedroom on 5th. | 五楼还有一套三室的公寓 |
[08:33] | It’s half this rent. | 租金只要这里的一半 |
[08:35] | I like this. | 我喜欢这套 |
[08:42] | I’m… I’m sorry. What? | 抱 抱歉 你说什么 |
[08:46] | It’s a paralegal job. | 这是律师助理的职位 |
[08:49] | Mr. Acocella, I’m sorry, but… | 安科切拉先生 不好意思 但… |
[08:52] | I… I-I thought it was an associate position. | 我 我还以为招的是律师 |
[08:55] | Yes, I know, but it’s | 是 我明白 可这职位 |
[08:56] | more of an internship. | 更像是实习律师 |
[09:01] | Mr. Acocella, I made plans based on that understanding. | 安科切拉先生 我已经为此做了规划 |
[09:04] | I made… financial outlays… | 我为此…已经有经济支出了 |
[09:06] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[09:09] | I… told the partners. | 我…和其他合伙人谈过 |
[09:13] | They were worried about your last name. | 他们对你的姓氏有所顾虑 |
[09:16] | They don’t want you here as an associate. | 他们不希望留你在这里当律师 |
[09:18] | I need a paycheck. | 我需要一份薪水 |
[09:19] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[09:57] | Marina, it’s Alicia. | 马瑞娜 我是艾丽西娅 |
[10:01] | The apartment… | 那套公寓… |
[10:05] | Is there any way to get out of the lease? | 我还能退出租约吗 |
[10:39] | Hello. | 你好 |
[10:41] | Yeah. Uh, I-I forgot. I’ll be right down. | 是 我忘了 马上下去 |
[10:44] | What is the key to litigation? | 诉讼的关键是什么 |
[10:47] | -What is it? – Who was that man by the elevator? | -是什么呢 -电梯旁那个人是谁 |
[10:50] | What man? | 什么人 |
[10:51] | Have we stopped trusting each other? | 我们之间连信任都没了吗 |
[10:58] | Nelson Dubeck. | 尼尔森·杜柏克 |
[11:00] | Office of Public Integrity. | 廉政办公室 |
[11:02] | They’re pursuing a case against… | 他们正在调查… |
[11:06] | the governor. | 州长 |
[11:09] | The ballot box? | 有关那个投票箱 |
[11:12] | Why you and not me? | 为什么找你却不找我 |
[11:15] | There’s a surveillance tape. | 监控录像录下了当时的情况 |
[11:17] | Smoking gun. I took it to Peter Florrick. | 证据确凿 我把录像给了彼得·福瑞克 |
[11:24] | – What are you going to do? – Unfortunately, Mr. Pling | -你打算怎么办 -很遗憾普林先生 |
[11:25] | couldn’t make it because of the hurricane | 因为飓风无法到场 |
[11:27] | – I don’t know. – But another litigator has agreed to step in. | -不知道 -但另一位律师愿意来发言 |
[11:29] | Please welcome a new voice to this ABA meeting, | 请欢迎律师协会年会的新声音 |
[11:32] | Elizabeth, uh… Elsbeth | 伊丽莎白 埃尔斯贝特 |
[11:35] | Tascioni. | 塔肖尼 |
[11:40] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[11:41] | Hello. Whoa. | 大家好 |
[11:44] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[11:46] | Okay. | 好的 |
[11:49] | Okay. Um, what is my approach… | 好的 我采用什么方式 |
[11:53] | to litigation? Well… | 提起诉讼呢 |
[11:55] | – No. Will, no. – Okay… | -别 威尔 别 -好的 |
[11:58] | Sorry. I want everybody to close their eyes | 抱歉 我希望大家能闭上眼睛 |
[12:02] | and picture a pillow, | 幻想一只枕头 |
[12:03] | a big pillow, the size of this room, | 巨大的枕头 有这屋那么大 |
[12:06] | and you’re lying in the middle of it. | 而你躺在正中间 |
[12:09] | Now, take off your shoes. | 现在把你的鞋脱掉 |
[12:13] | Then I’ll give a brief introduction, | 然后我会做个简单的介绍 |
[12:14] | and you’ll enter from that wing over there. | 你就从那一侧进来 |
[12:16] | You sure there’ll be this many people? | 你确定会有那么多人到场吗 |
[12:18] | Oh, yes. We’ve had great interest in your keynote. | 当然 大家都对你的主题演讲很感兴趣 |
[12:21] | Now, is there anything you’ll need tomorrow? | 明天演讲你还需要些什么吗 |
[12:23] | A speech. | 一篇演讲稿 |
[12:26] | No, I meant… bottled water? | 不是 我是说…一瓶水之类 |
[12:28] | Alicia. | 艾丽西娅 |
[12:31] | We have a reprieve with Rayna Hecht. | 蕾娜·赫特那儿有转机了 |
[12:33] | It’s Clarke. | 是克拉克 |
[12:36] | Hello? Mr. Hayden? | 喂 海登先生 |
[12:38] | I can’t hear you. | 我听不清你说话 |
[12:40] | Alicia? Hello? | 艾丽西娅 喂 |
[12:42] | If fashion’s your thing, you’ll find | 如果你热爱时尚 你会发现 |
[12:44] | the best shopping in the world, | 这里是世界购物之都 |
[12:46] | SoHo, Chelsea, Greenwich Village… | 苏豪区 切尔西区 格林威治村 |
[12:48] | How’s that? | 这样如何 |
[12:49] | – Better. – I just talked with Rayna Hecht. | -好一些 -我刚和蕾娜·赫特谈过 |
[12:52] | She wanted to apologize for her abruptness. | 她为之前的唐突感到抱歉 |
[12:54] | She didn’t know you were you. | 她当时并不知道你的身份 |
[12:56] | – I was me? – The governor’s wife. | -我的身份 -州长夫人 |
[12:59] | She’s coming to your keynote. | 她会来听你的演讲 |
[13:01] | She can’t wait to hear what you’ll say. | 迫不及待想知道你会说些什么 |
[13:03] | The speech. Did he tell you | 演讲 他告诉你 |
[13:04] | that the speech matters? | 那演讲至关重要了吗 |
[13:05] | You need to do a good job with your keynote. | 你得好好讲 |
[13:08] | She wants to wait to decide whether to meet | 她打算等到演讲完 |
[13:09] | until after the keynote. | 再决定要不要见面 |
[13:12] | And that’s the most I’ve ever said “Keynote” in my entire life. | 现在是我这辈子说「演讲」次数最多的一刻 |
[13:17] | So how’s the speech coming? | 你的演讲稿准备的如何了 |
[13:18] | Alicia? Hello? | 艾丽西娅 喂 |
[13:21] | Clarke? Where are you? | 克拉克 你在哪儿 |
[13:25] | Okay, Clarke, I-I can’t hear. | 好的 克拉克 我听不清 |
[13:28] | Where are you? | 你在哪里 |
[14:04] | Alicia Florrick. | 艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[14:06] | I haven’t seen you since Georgetown. | 乔治城毕业之后我就没见过你了 |
[14:08] | Another life ago. You work here? | 好像上辈子的事了 你在这里上班吗 |
[14:11] | In this building? No. On Madison. What about you? | 这栋楼 不 我在麦迪逊街 你呢 |
[14:14] | I just got a job. | 我刚有了份工作 |
[14:15] | – You did? Really? Where? – Wells & Brolin. | -真的 什么公司 -威尔斯&布洛林 |
[14:17] | That’s a good firm. Congratulations. | 那是间好公司 恭喜 |
[14:18] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[14:22] | Nice shoes. | 鞋子很不错 |
[14:25] | A baby threw up on my shoes. | 有个小孩吐在我的鞋子上 |
[14:29] | – You going to the garage? – Yes. You? | -你到车库吗 -是的 你呢 |
[14:31] | Uh, deposition. | 去取证 |
[14:33] | It was nice seeing you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[14:36] | And, hey, uh… | 对了 |
[14:38] | I’m sorry about all that crap with your husband. | 对你丈夫的遭遇我感到很遗憾 |
[14:41] | Thanks. It’ll die down. | 谢谢 都会平息的 |
[14:43] | It will. | 是的 |
[14:50] | Call me sometime. | 有空联系我 |
[14:51] | Stern, Lockhart & Gardner. | 斯特恩&洛克哈特&加德纳律所 |
[14:52] | Hey. You got top billing. | 你已经是合伙人了 |
[14:55] | Mm, I’m an impressive person. | 我向来就让人刮目相看 |
[14:58] | I never doubted it for a minute. | 我从来没怀疑过这一点 |
[15:00] | – It was good seeing you. – You, too. | -很高兴见到你 -我也是 |
[15:48] | Oh, thank you so much. | 非常感谢 |
[15:50] | I love bears. | 我喜欢熊 |
[15:54] | Um, can I just have one hug? Okay? | 能抱一下吗 可以吗 |
[15:59] | You dirty Jew. | 你这肮脏的犹太人 |
[16:01] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[16:03] | You dirty stinking Jew. | 你这肮脏恶心的犹太人 |
[16:06] | Did you just call me a dirty stinking Jew? | 你说我是肮脏恶心的犹太人 |
[16:08] | What, are you deaf? | 怎么 你是聋子吗 |
[16:10] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[16:12] | Elsbeth, thanks for meeting me out here. | 埃尔斯贝特 感谢你到这见我 |
[16:13] | There’s too many lawyers at the hotel. | 酒店那儿律师太多了 |
[16:15] | Did you hear that? That bear just called me a dirty Jew. | 听到了吗 那熊叫我肮脏恶心的犹太人 |
[16:21] | – What? – That bear there. | -什么 -那只熊 |
[16:23] | He said I was a dirty stinking Jew. | 她说我是脏脏恶心的犹太人 |
[16:25] | Watch out! That bear is… | 注意了 那只熊 |
[16:26] | anti-Semitic! | 是反犹太人的 |
[16:29] | Elsbeth, look, | 埃尔斯贝特 |
[16:30] | ab-about my situation. | 先听一下我的情况 |
[16:32] | I’ve been subpoenaed by Nelson Dubeck, | 廉政办公室的尼尔森·杜柏克 |
[16:34] | the Office of Public Integrity, and he’s using it to pressure me | 传讯我上庭 他要逼迫我 |
[16:36] | to get to Peter Florrick. | 来对付彼得·福瑞克 |
[16:37] | But it would mean breaking attorney-client privilege. | 也就是要我打破律师与当事人保密特权 |
[16:40] | Right. | 明白了 |
[16:41] | If you testify against Governor Florrick, | 如果你出庭指证了福瑞克州长 |
[16:43] | you risk disbarment. | 就有被取消律师资格的风险 |
[16:45] | But if you don’t, you risk contempt of court. | 但如果你不出席 又有藐视法庭的危险 |
[16:47] | – Right. – Not good. | -正是如此 -情况不太妙 |
[16:49] | It’s that one percent doctrine. | 现在考虑一下百分之一原则 |
[16:51] | Hey, watch out for that bear! | 喂 注意点那只熊 |
[16:53] | – The what? – One percent. | -什么原则 -百分之一 |
[16:55] | If you’re even one percent vulnerable, you’re vulnerable. | 百分之一的破绽就会让你防不胜防 |
[16:58] | Who got you this video? | 谁给你的录像带 |
[17:00] | Kalinda. | 凯琳达 |
[17:01] | Good. Good. | 很好 很好 |
[17:03] | I’ll call her. I like Kalinda. | 我打电话给她 我喜欢凯琳达 |
[17:05] | Hey. Are you with that bear? | 你和那只熊是一起的吗 |
[17:07] | Because I think someone needs to talk to him. | 我觉得有人得和他谈谈 |
[17:10] | S-So you’ll represent me on this? | 那么你是接受了我这案子吗 |
[17:13] | This Dubeck guy, he’s at the hotel? | 那个叫杜柏克的 他在酒店吗 |
[17:15] | – Yes. – Good. Okay, yes. Okay. | -在 -好 行 没问题 |
[17:18] | I’m feeling a bit vulnerable, but I’m gonna use it. | 我现在有点受伤 但我会利用这一点 |
[17:24] | Yeah. | 好 |
[17:24] | Kalinda, it’s Will. How are things there? | 凯琳达 我是威尔 你那情况如何 |
[17:26] | – Pass it here. – Uh… yeah, they’re fine. | -拿过来 -挺好的 |
[17:30] | Things are different when the lawyers are gone. | 律师们走了之后情况不大一样了 |
[17:31] | Kalinda, we need your help on something. | 凯琳达 有件事需要你帮忙 |
[17:33] | This is Elsbeth. | 我让埃尔斯贝特听电话 |
[17:34] | – Kalinda. – Kalinda, hi. Oh, I miss you. | -是凯琳达 -凯琳达 我好想你 |
[17:37] | I miss you, too, Elsbeth. | 我也想你 埃尔斯贝特 |
[17:38] | Can you look into someone named Nelson Dubeck? | 你能调查一下叫尼尔森·杜柏克的家伙吗 |
[17:41] | He’s with the Office of Public Integrity. | 他在廉政办公室做事 |
[17:43] | Anything you can find, dirt or past arrests. | 丑事 被捕记录 什么都要 |
[17:47] | Maybe he has a drinking problem. | 或许他还酗酒 |
[17:48] | I am not a dirty stinking Jew! | 我才不是肮脏恶心的犹太人 |
[18:04] | 这一次微弱的希望像一道光转瞬即逝 但它毕竟存在过 | |
[18:09] | Is there any way… | 那有没有可能 |
[18:10] | to delay the lease? | 推迟租约呢 |
[18:14] | Okay. | 好 |
[18:15] | No, I’ll… | 不 我会… |
[18:17] | I’ll figure something out. | 我会想办法解决的 |
[18:21] | You can always live with me. | 你可以和我一起住 |
[18:23] | Oh. Thank you so much, Jackie. | 谢谢你 杰姬 |
[18:26] | But this is a good school district. | 但这里所在的学区很不错 |
[18:29] | You don’t need to worry about a good school district. | 你不用担心什么好学区的问题 |
[18:32] | Hold on. Alicia’s here. | 等一等 艾丽西娅在这儿 |
[18:36] | Okay, give us a minute. | 好的 我们谈一谈 |
[18:38] | That was Robyn. She has an instinct on Rayna Hecht. | 刚刚是罗宾 她有些关于蕾娜·赫特的直觉 |
[18:40] | How’s the speech going? | 演讲稿写得怎么样了 |
[18:42] | Mr. Hayden, you got out of your taxi. | 海登先生 你终于下出租车啦 |
[18:44] | Yes, I decided to walk. | 是的 我决定步行过来 |
[18:45] | It was only 15 blocks. | 只隔了十五个街区 |
[18:47] | So, Robyn thinks Hecht isn’t leaving her firm | 罗宾觉得赫特离开原律所 |
[18:49] | because of the indictments. | 不是因为律所被起诉 |
[18:50] | Or just because of the indictments. | 或者不只是因为被起诉 |
[18:52] | – What then? – The firm has ten senior partners | -然后呢 -律所中有十名高级合伙人 |
[18:54] | and Hecht was the only woman. | 赫特是其中唯一的女性 |
[18:56] | A boys’ club. | 男性俱乐部 |
[18:57] | So she probably wants a more woman-friendly firm. | 也许她想加入一个对女性更亲和的律所 |
[18:59] | – Okay. – So just… | -好吧 -所以 |
[19:01] | just play up the feminism angle in your keynote. | 在主题演讲里多体现一些女性的角度 |
[19:03] | Frame your story as one of female empowerment. | 将你的经历塑造成女性坚韧拼搏的故事 |
[19:06] | Okay. Thanks. I need to, um… write. | 好吧 谢谢 我得继续写了 |
[19:09] | And I’ve been talking up the keynote. | 我一直在四处宣扬你的主题演讲 |
[19:11] | A lot of potential clients are excited about it. | 许多潜在客户对此都很感兴趣 |
[19:15] | Okay. | 好的 |
[19:16] | Let’s let the master at it. | 我们让大师继续写吧 |
[19:17] | You’ll be great. | 你会表现得很出色的 |
[19:25] | Mr. Gardner. | 加德纳先生 |
[19:26] | I just wanted to say… | 我只是想说 |
[19:29] | I’m a worthy lawyer who needs a job. | 我是一名有价值的律师 但是缺份工作 |
[19:31] | Women are underrepresented in this business, | 女性在这个行业往往不受重视 |
[19:33] | and I shouldn’t be overlooked just… | 而我不应被忽视 |
[19:43] | Hello, Will? It’s Alicia. | 你好 威尔吗 我是艾丽西娅 |
[19:46] | Do you have a minute? | 你有时间吗 |
[19:49] | No, really? | 不 真的吗 |
[19:51] | You did not. | 你没有吧 |
[19:52] | I don’t look anything like those photos anymore. | 我跟那些照片一点都不像了 |
[19:58] | Well, um… | 那个 |
[20:01] | you said I should call if I got a chance, so… | 你让我有机会的话就打给你 所以 |
[20:05] | this is me calling. | 我就打来了 |
[20:12] | What are you wearing that for? | 你穿成这样干什么 |
[20:16] | You weren’t even here. | 你不该在这儿的 |
[20:18] | Don’t change the subject. | 别转移话题 |
[20:21] | It’s business-like. | 这是为了工作而买的 |
[20:22] | You spent $300 on it. | 你花了三百元买它 |
[20:26] | Well, that’s what a good dress costs. | 好裙子都要这个价 |
[20:28] | Your husband is wasting away in prison | 你的丈夫在监狱里日渐消瘦 |
[20:30] | and you’re trying to seduce your way into a job. | 你却想靠勾引别人来获得工作 |
[20:34] | Your son is the one who put me here. | 是你儿子让我陷入这般田地的 |
[20:38] | I have two kids. | 我有两个孩子 |
[20:39] | What am I supposed to do? | 我能怎么办 |
[20:42] | No. | 不 |
[20:43] | You like nice things. | 你喜欢好东西 |
[20:46] | So go be a whore. | 那就去当妓女吧 |
[20:49] | I did- did do that. | 我的确那么做了 |
[20:53] | So… | 所以 |
[20:55] | that covers me up to last June. | 那就是我从毕业到去年六月的生活了 |
[20:58] | Now about you? | 你呢 |
[21:00] | Oh, well… | 我嘛 |
[21:02] | there’s not much to say. | 没有太多好说的 |
[21:04] | I’m a mother, a wife | 我是一名母亲 妻子 |
[21:07] | and now a disgraced spouse. | 现在还是不光彩的妻子 |
[21:10] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[21:11] | No, no, no, no, that… that wasn’t self-pity, | 不 不 我刚刚不是在自怜 |
[21:13] | that was me trying to make light of it. | 我是在试着不在乎它 |
[21:15] | I think I’ve lost my touch. | 我觉得我失去魅力了 |
[21:17] | No, the touch is still there. | 不 你魅力依旧 |
[21:20] | And now you have a new job? | 你现在找到新工作了是吗 |
[21:22] | Unfortunately, it was a paralegal job. | 很不幸 那是份律师助理的工作 |
[21:25] | Voluntary. | 是志愿工作的 |
[21:26] | – You’re kidding. – Yeah… no. | -你开玩笑吧 -是啊 不是 |
[21:28] | I was, um, misinformed. | 我被诱导了 |
[21:33] | Have you thought about working here? | 你有没有想过在这儿工作 |
[21:56] | Is there an opening here? | 这儿还招人吗 |
[21:58] | Well… we could. | 这个我们可以安排 |
[22:00] | I haven’t worked in 13 years. | 我十三年没有工作过了 |
[22:01] | – Are you saying you’re rusty? – No! | -你是说你生疏了吗 -不 |
[22:04] | No. | 不是 |
[22:05] | I’m good. | 我很棒 |
[22:06] | You’ve always been good. | 你一直都很棒 |
[22:17] | Will, I… I’m… | 威尔 我 |
[22:20] | My connection with my husband hurts me. | 我和我丈夫的关系让我很受伤 |
[22:22] | Why are you trying to dissuade me now? | 你为什么要试图阻止我 |
[22:26] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[22:28] | Because I’m making no sense. | 因为我有点失去理智了 |
[22:32] | We’ve all got a past that could hurt us. | 我们都有心碎受伤的过去 |
[22:36] | Don’t let yours hurt you. | 别让你的过去再伤害你 |
[22:58] | You here for the job? | 你是来应征的吗 |
[23:00] | I think I am. | 是的 |
[23:02] | You? | 你呢 |
[23:04] | Yup. | 一样 |
[23:10] | Cary. | 凯里 |
[23:13] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[23:15] | What did you think of me when you first met me? | 你第一次见我时 对我印象如何 |
[23:19] | Is this about your speech, or more procrastinating? | 你是为了写演讲稿 还是想再拖会时间 |
[23:21] | Speech. | 演讲稿 |
[23:22] | I liked you. | 我挺喜欢你 |
[23:24] | You did not. | 你才没有 |
[23:26] | Do you even remember where it was? | 你还记得我们在哪见到的吗 |
[23:27] | Yeah, in reception. | 记得 在接待区 |
[23:29] | Waiting for our interviews. | 等着面试 |
[23:30] | I thought you were gonna get it. | 我觉得你一定能通过 |
[23:31] | And I wasn’t. | 我一定会被刷下来 |
[23:33] | I thought you were a cocky new associate. | 我当时以为你是个自大的新律师 |
[23:35] | I was a cocky new associate. | 那时我的确是个自大的新律师 |
[23:38] | And I thought you were entitled. | 我觉得你很爱摆谱 |
[23:41] | I was a little entitled. | 我是有点爱摆谱 |
[23:42] | Poor. But entitled. | 穷 但是爱摆谱 |
[23:44] | – Can you be both? – Oh, yeah. So… | -这两者能并存吗 -可以 所以 |
[23:46] | who would you hire if we had to hire someone today? | 如果现在让你决定 你会雇谁 |
[23:53] | You. | 你 |
[23:54] | Yeah, me, too. | 我也这么想 |
[23:56] | – You’re supposed to say me. – No, no. | -你应该说选我的 -不 |
[23:59] | And you wouldn’t hire yourself, either. | 你也不想雇你自己 |
[24:01] | You’re right. I hate that about myself. | 你说得对 我讨厌自己这点 |
[24:03] | No. | 别啊 |
[24:05] | It’s smart. | 这很聪明 |
[24:07] | So why did Will hire you? | 那威尔为什么会雇你呢 |
[24:10] | Because you’re a slut. | 因为你是个荡妇 |
[24:12] | What? | 在想什么 |
[24:16] | Nothing. I need to finish. | 没什么 我要把它写完 |
[24:19] | Okay. | 好的 |
[24:21] | Good luck. | 好运 |
[24:25] | Thank you, Kalinda, | 谢谢你 凯琳达 |
[24:26] | that is great. | 这很棒 |
[24:28] | Uh, good-bye, Ka… uh, Kalinda. | 再见 凯琳达 |
[24:31] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[24:33] | Yeah, I got… I got to go, someone’s here. | 我得挂了 有人来了 |
[24:36] | Uh, hello? | 你好 |
[24:38] | Elsbeth Tascioni. How are you? | 我是埃尔斯贝特·塔肖尼 你好吗 |
[24:42] | – I’m good. Do I know you? – Oh, no. | -我很好 我认识你吗 -不认识 |
[24:44] | But you’re Nelson Dubeck from the Office of Public Integrity. | 你是廉政办公室的尼尔森·杜柏克 |
[24:47] | You helped prosecute Rod Blagojevich. | 你帮助起诉了罗德·布拉戈耶维奇 |
[24:49] | I did. Do you need something? | 是的 你有什么事吗 |
[24:51] | Yeah, I need you to leave Will Gardner alone | 我需要你远离威尔·加德纳 |
[24:55] | or I’ll sue you for harassment. | 否则我会告你骚扰 |
[24:59] | Mr. Gardner should consider how seriously I take this. | 加德纳先生该考虑到我对待这事有多严肃 |
[25:02] | Take what? | 什么事 |
[25:04] | He acquired a videotape | 他得到了一段视频 |
[25:05] | of a stuffed ballot box. | 关于一个装满选票的投票箱 |
[25:08] | He brought that videotape to the governor-elect. | 他带着这段视频去找新获选的州长 |
[25:10] | And he attempted to show it to him. | 并试图给州长看 |
[25:12] | What videotape? | 什么视频 |
[25:17] | What is that? | 这是什么 |
[25:18] | That is a videotape of three men taking a ballot box | 这是三个男人搬着选票箱 |
[25:21] | into a polling place. | 走进投票点的视频 |
[25:23] | No, it looks like a… GIF. | 这看起来像 动态图片 |
[25:24] | Or is a “Jif”? | 还是叫动态图画 |
[25:26] | – GIF. – Have you ever seen the GIF of that bear, uh, | -动态图片 -你看过那只熊的动图吗 |
[25:29] | falling onto a trampoline and then bouncing into a pool? | 它倒在蹦床上 然后又弹到了水池里 |
[25:33] | It is so funny, but I was surprised to find out | 特别好玩 但我很惊讶地发现 |
[25:36] | that the pool was… faked. | 那个水池是假的 |
[25:39] | All digitally futzed with. | 全是电脑合成的 |
[25:40] | If you’re suggesting that | 如果你是在暗示 |
[25:41] | this videotape was in any way manipulated… | 这段视频是伪造的 |
[25:43] | Oh, eight bits per pixel makes a GIF highly manipulatable… ble. | 每像素8位的动态图片很容易作假 |
[25:48] | I hope you have the original, | 我希望你有原始视频 |
[25:49] | because otherwise I’m gonna object | 否则我会在法庭上反对 |
[25:52] | to the jif being admitted into court. | 采纳这个动图为证据 |
[25:54] | The governor’s guilty. | 州长有罪 |
[25:56] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[25:58] | He’s the governor of Illinois. | 他是伊利诺伊州的州长 |
[26:01] | And… | 所以 |
[26:01] | you think they’re all corrupt? | 你觉得伊利诺伊州州长都腐败吗 |
[26:03] | No, they just happen to be all corrupt. | 不 他们碰巧都很腐败而已 |
[26:04] | So it doesn’t matter what the facts are, | 所以不管事实如何 |
[26:07] | you’ll prosecute Peter Florrick for the crime of voter fraud? | 你都要起诉彼得·福瑞克竞选舞弊吗 |
[26:09] | Peter Florrick spent six months in prison. He’s a criminal. | 彼得·福瑞克坐过六个月牢 他是罪犯 |
[26:13] | – Who was exonerated. – No, his case was dismissed. | -他被免罪了 -不 案子被驳回了 |
[26:15] | So you’re out to get him. | 所以你就是冲着他来的 |
[26:16] | I’m out to get a criminal. | 我是来抓罪犯 |
[26:17] | Even if there’s no proof? | 即使没有证据 |
[26:18] | I’ll find the proof. | 我会找到证据的 |
[26:22] | This is Elsbeth Tascioni recording | 本人埃尔斯贝特·塔肖尼 |
[26:24] | Nelson Dubeck in the lobby | 在哈林顿中心的休息厅里 |
[26:26] | of the Harrington Plaza at… | 录下了与尼尔森·杜柏克的对话 |
[26:29] | 11::33 P.M. | 此时是中午11点33分 |
[26:30] | I’d erase that, ma’am. | 我会把录音删除的 女士 |
[26:32] | You did not have my permission to make that recording, | 你未经我同意录下对话 |
[26:34] | and without that permission you are subject to prosecution. | 你会因此受到起诉 |
[26:37] | Oh, no, not in New York. | 纽约可没有这规定 |
[26:40] | Two-party consent is the law in Illinois, s | 双方准许原则是伊利诺伊州的法律 |
[26:42] | but this is New York. | 但这里是纽约 |
[26:43] | One-party consent is enough here | 在这里一方同意就可以了 |
[26:46] | and I am one party. | 而我就是其中一方 |
[26:48] | And I give my consent. | 我同意录音 |
[26:51] | I suggest you leave Mr. Gardner alone, sir. | 我建议您不要再骚扰加德纳先生 先生 |
[26:54] | He’s a nice man. | 他是个好人 |
[26:56] | He has no part in your vendetta against Governor Florrick. | 他跟你与福瑞克州长之间的宿怨无关 |
[27:03] | By the way, | 顺便说一句 |
[27:04] | you should look into an anti-Semitic | 你该去调查一下时代广场那只 |
[27:06] | costumed furry bear in Times Square. | 反犹太人的大毛熊 |
[27:21] | Very few lawyers can reach their prime | 很少有律师能在郊区当了十几年的 |
[27:23] | after a decade as a mother in suburbia, | 全职母亲后迎来事业的高峰 |
[27:26] | but Alicia Florrick is… | 但艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[27:28] | special. | 是特别的 |
[27:29] | Row four, far left. | 第四排 靠左 |
[27:33] | Great. | 很好 |
[27:34] | Remember, say it loud and with a smile. | 记住 面带笑容 声音响亮 |
[27:35] | People will believe whatever you tell them. | 他们会相信你说的一切 |
[27:38] | Oh, and, uh, Rayna Hecht is here. | 还有 蕾娜·赫特在这儿 |
[27:39] | It would help our cause if you could dazzle her. | 要是能得到她的青睐对我们大有好处 |
[27:42] | …Alicia Florrick. | 艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[27:50] | The governor’s guilty. | 州长有罪 |
[27:51] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道呢 |
[27:53] | He’s the governor of Illinois. | 他是伊利诺伊州的州长 |
[27:55] | You got him to say that? | 你设法让他说出了这个吗 |
[27:56] | I didn’t get him to say anything. | 我没设法让他说任何事 |
[27:57] | He wanted to say it. | 他主动说出来的 |
[27:59] | If he comes after you, we’ll use it. | 要是他想对付你 我们就用这个 |
[28:00] | But he’s not coming after me. | 但他不是想对付我 |
[28:01] | I don’t think so. Not with what he has. | 我不这么想 鉴于他所掌握的把柄 |
[28:04] | Oh, you’re a lifesaver. | 你真是救星 |
[28:05] | No, no, no. | 不不不 |
[28:07] | I’m just, um… | 我只是 |
[28:11] | Got to go. | 该走了 |
[28:14] | I prepared by looking in a mirror. | 我看着镜子为自己做准备 |
[28:18] | It was the only interview I could still get. | 那是我唯一能得到的面试 |
[28:22] | When you’re sitting across the desk | 当你坐在一个 |
[28:24] | from someone who can hire you, | 可以雇佣你的人对面时 |
[28:28] | you feel every one of those 13 years. | 你能真切感受到十三年的光阴流逝 |
[28:33] | But, luckily, I had a very good interviewer. | 但幸运的是 我有个很好的面试官 |
[28:37] | He asked me if I was up to it, | 他问我是否准备好 |
[28:40] | coming back to the workplace. | 重返职场 |
[28:42] | The interviewer pointed out that I was | 他指出我一直在 |
[28:44] | arguing against myself. | 与自己作对 |
[28:48] | I should stop… | 我不该继续 |
[28:50] | pointing out reasons why I shouldn’t be hired. | 解释自己不该被雇佣的理由了 |
[28:55] | What did I learn from this? | 我从中学到了什么呢 |
[28:57] | Use everything you have | 要尽己所能 |
[28:59] | to get the job. | 去争取工作机会 |
[29:01] | And don’t feel entitled. | 不要想当然觉得自己有资格 |
[29:05] | Will Gardner. | 威尔·加德纳 |
[29:09] | Just hear me out. | 听我说完 |
[29:10] | The hiring committee has voted. | 招聘委员会已经投票表决了 |
[29:12] | Yeah, but we shouldn’t penalize her. | 但我们不该惩罚她 |
[29:14] | Her face is on the news 24-7. | 她的脸每天都出现在新闻里 |
[29:16] | Every political blog is writing about her. | 所有政治博客都在写她的事 |
[29:18] | Wait, she wasn’t the one who slept with the hookers. | 但和妓女上床的并不是她啊 |
[29:22] | Were you involved with this woman? | 你和这个女人有关系吗 |
[29:24] | – What? – You never push for associate hires. | -什么 -你从未为别人争取过职位 |
[29:27] | She was my friend. | 她曾是我的朋友 |
[29:29] | And… the smartest person in our class. | 也是我们班里最聪明的人 |
[29:35] | Give me something I can sell to the other partners. | 给我一些能说服其他合伙人的理由 |
[29:38] | There’s a lawyer I’m trying to bring on board, | 我想为一个律师争取一个职位 |
[29:40] | but I’m getting some push back. | 但不是很顺利 |
[29:41] | I need you to put a dossier together on her. | 我要你整理一份她的档案材料 |
[29:43] | Okay. Who is she? | 好的 她是谁 |
[29:45] | Alicia Florrick. | 艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[29:47] | Peter Florrick’s wife? | 彼得·福瑞克的妻子吗 |
[29:48] | Yeah. Why? | 是的 怎么了 |
[29:50] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[29:54] | Of course, the advantage of being a woman opting back in | 当然 女性重返职场的优势在于 |
[29:57] | is that no one ever questioned | 没有人会问你 |
[29:59] | why you opted out in the first place. | 当初为什么要退出职场 |
[30:03] | Women are cut little slack on this. | 女性在这方面的要求并不是很严格 |
[30:05] | Men, even less. | 男性更是如此 |
[30:07] | I looked into Alicia Florrick. | 我调查了艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[30:09] | I spoke to her old firm. | 我和她的旧东家谈过了 |
[30:11] | She managed to win a couple dozen cases | 在休产假前 她赢过 |
[30:13] | before taking her maternity leave. | 二三十个案子 |
[30:16] | Even managed to bring in some small clients. | 还争取到一些小客户 |
[30:18] | But? | 但是 |
[30:19] | They were about to fire her. | 他们那时已打算辞退她 |
[30:21] | They thought she wasn’t tough enough. | 他们认为她不够强硬 |
[30:22] | She never knew, but they said | 她对此不知情 但他们说 |
[30:24] | she lacked a killer instinct. | 她缺乏一股杀气 |
[30:26] | What do you want me to do with this? | 你想要我怎么办 |
[30:31] | Bury it. | 掩盖掉 |
[30:32] | The one upside to a scandal or a tragedy in your life | 生活中发生丑闻或悲剧的好处之一 |
[30:36] | is that it is the best kind of wake-up call. | 就是它能让你幡然醒悟 |
[30:39] | Would I have done it any differently if I were a man? | 如果我是男人 我会做出不同的选择吗 |
[30:43] | Would I have… | 如果我 |
[30:46] | Uh, would I have done… | 如果我是 |
[30:47] | I mean, uh… | 我是说 |
[30:49] | Uh, would I have felt differently if I were a man? | 如果是男人 我会感受不同吗 |
[30:55] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[30:56] | Lindler just launched a hostile takeover of MRG Pharmaceuticals. | 林德勒刚刚恶意收购了MRG医药公司 |
[30:59] | Everybody wants to get in on it. | 所有人都想分一杯羹 |
[31:01] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[31:03] | The answer is I would never do it differently. | 回答是我仍会做同样选择 |
[31:06] | The key is to raise your profile. | 关键是要尽力展现自信 |
[31:11] | Opt-out moms are held to a higher standard | 人们对曾是全职母亲的女人总是 |
[31:13] | than anyone else. | 要求更苛刻 |
[31:15] | We… have to work harder. | 我们必须加倍努力 |
[31:19] | We have to make up for lost time. | 我们必须弥补失去的时间 |
[31:35] | Uh, is there any other…? | 还有别的 |
[31:45] | It was across the street. | 这里就在街对面 |
[31:46] | I’m almost finished. I won’t bother you. | 我马上就好了 不会打扰你 |
[31:50] | Scotch, no ice. | 苏格兰威士忌 不加冰 |
[31:52] | They only have beer. | 这里只有啤酒 |
[31:55] | Beer. | 那就啤酒 |
[32:15] | It’s hard to get drunk on beer. | 喝啤酒很难喝醉 |
[32:16] | Mm, you just got to try harder. | 你只能多喝几杯了 |
[32:19] | Yeah, yeah. | 好的 好的 |
[32:22] | She doesn’t like me, and I don’t give a flying crap. | 她不喜欢我 我也不特么在乎 |
[32:24] | Flying crap. | 「特么」在乎 |
[32:26] | Go to hell. Is that better? | 见鬼去吧 你开心了吧 |
[32:28] | You’re in a bad mood. | 你心情不好 |
[32:30] | I just had 300 people walk out on me. | 有三百个人在我讲话时离场 |
[32:34] | It looked like 400. | 看上去有四百个 |
[32:40] | Why do you hate me? | 你为什么恨我 |
[32:44] | Well, I don’t like you. | 我不喜欢你 |
[32:47] | Hate’s probably too strong. | 恨可能说得太过了 |
[32:50] | Why? | 为什么 |
[32:52] | Are you serious? | 你是认真的吗 |
[32:53] | Because of that? | 因为那事吗 |
[32:55] | Three weeks. Three weeks you were scheming. | 三周 你密谋了三周 |
[32:57] | That wasn’t my fault. | 那不是我的错 |
[32:59] | I wanted to leave right away. | 我想立刻就离开的 |
[33:00] | With our clients. | 带着我们的客户 |
[33:02] | Wow. It just never ends. | 这简直没完没了了 |
[33:08] | Don’t ask the question if you don’t want the answer. | 如果你不想知道就别问 |
[33:20] | What? | 怎么 |
[33:23] | We could never make it work. | 我们之间总是成不了 |
[33:30] | You’re linking two things together I never did. | 你把两件我从没想过的事情联系在一起了 |
[33:38] | Thanks a lot. | 真是谢谢了 |
[33:40] | You want to say “Bitch,” Say “Bitch”” | 你想骂婊子就骂吧 |
[33:42] | Bitch. | 婊子 |
[33:45] | So, | 那么 |
[33:46] | you’re saying that if I were any other partner leaving, | 你是说不管是其他哪个合伙人离开 |
[33:49] | you would hate me the way you do? | 你都会一样地恨吗 |
[33:51] | I’m saying, if you were any other partner, | 我是说 如果你是其他人 |
[33:53] | I’d be as unhappy and competitive as I am now. | 我会一样的好胜和不爽 |
[33:57] | I don’t believe you. | 我不相信你 |
[33:58] | That’s your right. | 随便你 |
[34:01] | You’re enjoying your pain too much. | 你太享受被背叛者的角色了 |
[34:05] | So, | 那么 |
[34:05] | you’re gonna fight me on every client, every case? | 你打算和我争抢每个客户和案子吗 |
[34:08] | I will be your competitor. | 我会是你的对手 |
[34:10] | You’re up for it. | 你得做好准备 |
[34:12] | You’re a big girl. | 你懂的 |
[34:14] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[34:17] | I guess it’s something. | 我想这还挺不错的 |
[34:20] | Mm. It’s something. | 是挺不错的 |
[34:43] | Yes. | 你好 |
[34:45] | Where are you? Can you talk? | 你在哪 方便说话吗 |
[34:47] | I’m in the coffee shop across the street. | 我在对街的咖啡店 |
[34:51] | And no. | 不方便说话 |
[34:52] | Someone’s sitting near you? | 有人坐在你附近吗 |
[34:53] | Yes. | 是的 |
[34:55] | Rayna Hecht was impressed with your speech. | 蕾娜·赫特对你的演讲印象深刻 |
[34:57] | She wants to meet. | 她想见面 |
[34:58] | Uh… when? | 什么时候 |
[35:00] | Now. She’s leaving early tomorrow. | 现在 她明天一早就走 |
[35:03] | Now? | 现在吗 |
[35:05] | I-I’ve had a few. | 我喝了一点 |
[35:07] | Few? | 一点什么 |
[35:09] | Nothing. Uh, where? | 没事 在哪里 |
[35:10] | In the lounge. She wants to have a quick drink with us. | 休息厅 她想跟我们随便喝杯东西 |
[35:14] | Great. | 很好 |
[35:18] | A meeting? | 有会议吗 |
[35:21] | A very important meeting. | 非常重要的会议 |
[35:24] | How to destroy our competitors. | 怎样击毁我们的竞争对手 |
[35:27] | Good. I expect no less. | 很好 别让我失望 |
[35:31] | May the best man win. | 愿最优秀的人胜利 |
[35:40] | Mr. Gardner? | 加德纳先生吗 |
[35:42] | Yes? | 是的 |
[35:43] | We’ve never met. Jim Moody. | 我们从没见过 我是吉姆·穆迪 |
[35:45] | I used to work… | 我曾在… |
[35:46] | I know who you are. | 我知道你是谁 |
[35:47] | I need five minutes of your time. | 我占用你五分钟的时间 |
[35:50] | No. | 不行 |
[35:53] | Please. | 求你了 |
[35:56] | Look, this guy from Justice, Dubeck… | 那个廉政办公室的家伙 杜柏克 |
[35:58] | he’s turning the screws on me. | 他向我施压 |
[35:59] | Listen to me. | 听着 |
[36:01] | You and I are both witnesses in a grand jury hearing. | 你和我都是大陪审团听证的证人 |
[36:03] | Legally, we cannot talk to each other. | 法律上来说 我们不能跟对方说话 |
[36:05] | I just want to make sure you and I are telling the same story. | 我只是想确认下我们的证词是一致的 |
[36:07] | Did you hear what I just said? | 你听到我刚说的了吗 |
[36:08] | I only did what Eli Gold told me to do that night. | 我只是按照伊莱·戈德说的做了 |
[36:11] | I don’t care. | 我不关心 |
[36:13] | You stay the hell away from me, or I’ll call security. | 你离我远点 否则我就叫保安了 |
[36:18] | Five minutes isn’t much time, | 五分钟的时间不多 |
[36:19] | so just keep it all bullet points. | 所以要保证说的都是重点 |
[36:21] | I’ll talk about firm culture, and Alicia… | 我会讲企业文化 而艾丽西娅… |
[36:23] | I will handle women-friendly policies, | 我会负责女性友好政策 |
[36:25] | and crapital structure. | 及废物结构 |
[36:26] | – Our what? – Capital structure. | -我们的什么 -资本结构 |
[36:29] | You said “Crapital.” | 你说的是「废物」 |
[36:30] | – No, I didn’t. – Mrs. Florrick, | -不 我没有 -福瑞克夫人 |
[36:32] | are you inebriated? | 你是不是喝醉了 |
[36:35] | I’ll be fine. | 我没事的 |
[36:36] | Oh, dear God. | 天哪 |
[36:37] | Okay, all right. Well, let-let us just talk, | 好了 没事 我们先聊 |
[36:40] | and then, you just go ahead… | 然后你开始 |
[36:41] | Hello. Oh, don’t get up. | 你们好 不用起来了 |
[36:42] | Don’t get up. Please. | 不用起来了 拜托 |
[36:44] | I’m so sorry for blowing you off earlier. | 抱歉早些时候放你们鸽子 |
[36:46] | And don’t say I didn’t, because I did. | 别说我没有 因为我确实有 |
[36:49] | Ah, Mrs. Florrick. Hello. | 福瑞克夫人 你好 |
[36:52] | Hello. | 你好 |
[36:53] | Powerful speech. | 很给力的演讲 |
[36:55] | And I’m sorry so many of our colleagues had to miss it. | 我很抱歉我们那么多同行错过了 |
[36:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:00] | So we wanted to talk about our firm. We’re just | 我们想跟你谈谈我们的公司 |
[37:03] | getting started, but we read your article… | 我们刚起步 但我们读了你的文章 |
[37:04] | I’ll be honest. | 我实话实说了 |
[37:05] | I like you guys. I do. | 我喜欢你们 真的 |
[37:07] | And I do intend to decide within the next 48 hours. | 我确实打算四十八小时内做出决定 |
[37:10] | And I’m interested in your firm because you | 我对你们公司感兴趣 |
[37:12] | have female partners. | 是因为你们有女性合伙人 |
[37:13] | Yes, we try not to discriminate, | 是的 在晋升时我们尽量做到 |
[37:15] | in promotion at all. | 没有任何歧视 |
[37:17] | Good. | 很好 |
[37:19] | Were you unhappy at Lockhart/Gardner? | 你在洛&加律所做得不开心吗 |
[37:23] | Oh, I… um, I was happy up to a point. | 我…在某种程度上来说算是开心 |
[37:27] | They… uh, let me grow. | 他们…让我成长 |
[37:29] | They let me… | 他们让我… |
[37:35] | …learn. | 学习 |
[37:37] | And then, I had to put what I learned on its feet. | 然后 我得让我所学的东西得以发挥 |
[37:40] | And that’s what we’re doing at Florrick-Agos, so, | 而这就是我们在福&艾律所做的 |
[37:43] | Clarke, why don’t you just… | 克拉克 你为什么不 |
[37:44] | you go ahead and talk about the, um… | 你谈谈 |
[37:45] | Yes, our, uh, crapital structure. | 是的 我们的废物结构 |
[37:48] | Capital. Capital structure. | 资本 资本结构 |
[37:52] | What do you want, Alicia? | 你想要什么 艾丽西娅 |
[37:58] | What do I want? | 我想要什么 |
[37:59] | Yes. What do you want? | 是的 你想要什么 |
[38:05] | I want a happy life, | 我想要快乐的生活 |
[38:07] | and I want to control my fate. | 我想控制自己的命运 |
[38:15] | Thank you, gentlemen. | 谢谢 先生们 |
[38:17] | Alicia. | 艾丽西娅 |
[38:18] | Good talking to you. | 跟你交谈很高兴 |
[38:26] | Was that a good thing? | 这算是谈得不错吗 |
[38:28] | How were you supposed to answer? | 你应该怎么回答 |
[38:37] | by Frank Sinatra | 插曲: 「High Hopes」 |
[38:56] | Ms. Tascioni, don’t take this the wrong way, | 塔肖尼女士 不要误会 |
[38:59] | but you have an awful voice. | 但你的歌声真的很烂 |
[39:03] | I know. | 我知道 |
[39:04] | I know, but this city… it inspires me. | 我知道 但这个城市激励了我 |
[39:08] | Really? I find it makes me sweat. | 真的吗 我发现它让我流汗 |
[39:11] | I’m gonna treat us to some more little drinks. | 我要请我俩多喝几杯 |
[39:14] | I’m old-fashioned, Ms. Tascioni. I’ll treat. | 我很老派的 塔肖尼女士 我来请 |
[39:16] | No, no, no. | 不不不 |
[39:17] | I’m having a good day. | 我今天很开心 |
[39:19] | I just landed a new partner I met. | 我刚有了一个新合伙人 |
[39:23] | We’re starting a two-woman firm. | 我们要开一家两个女人的律所 |
[39:26] | My I ask your partner’s name? | 我能问下你合伙人的名字吗 |
[39:28] | Rayna Hecht. | 蕾娜·赫特 |
[39:31] | Oh, excuse me. Buzzy, buzz. | 抱歉 手机响了 |
[39:37] | I got to go. I’m sorry. | 我得走了 抱歉 |
[39:45] | Please excuse the cramped quarters. | 请原谅这空间很狭小 |
[39:47] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[39:49] | From the start, Wayne. | 从头开始 韦恩 |
[40:03] | That is you and Jim Moody | 你和吉姆·穆迪 |
[40:05] | conversing in private, Mr. Gardner. | 在私底下谈话 加德纳先生 |
[40:08] | Look, there was no conversing. | 根本就没有谈话 |
[40:10] | – I told him to stay away. – Will. | -我叫他走开 -威尔 |
[40:11] | Well, to a grand jury, | 对于大陪审团来说 |
[40:13] | it’s going to look like two witnesses conspiring to | 这看起来就像两个证人密谋 |
[40:16] | cover up election fraud. | 掩盖贿选 |
[40:17] | That’s ten years in federal prison. | 那可是要在联邦监狱呆上十年 |
[40:20] | You can’t be serious. | 你别开玩笑了 |
[40:22] | The best part, Ms. Tascioni, is | 最棒的部分是 塔肖尼女士 |
[40:23] | this is the original surveillance video. | 这可是原始的监控录像 |
[40:25] | The chain of custody is perfect and unimpeachable in court. | 监管完美且在法庭上无懈可击 |
[40:29] | You cut a deal with Moody? | 你跟穆迪达成协议了吗 |
[40:30] | Mr. Gardner, you still have to see the forest through the trees. | 加德纳先生 你不要只见树木不见森林 |
[40:34] | I’m not interested in you. | 我对你不感兴趣 |
[40:36] | I want Peter Florrick. | 我要的是彼得·福瑞克 |
[40:37] | All you have to do is testify against him. | 你要做的只是指证他 |
[40:41] | We’ll think about it. | 我们会考虑的 |
[40:43] | You have 48 hours. | 你们有四十八小时 |
[40:48] | My plane lands at 9:00 A.M. | 我的飞机早上九点到 |
[40:50] | I’ll see you at home? | 我们家里见 |
[40:51] | Love you. | 爱你 |
[40:54] | Hi, Ms. Florrick. | 你好 福瑞克夫人 |
[40:56] | Lorainne Joy from Clements & Holloway. | 克莱门茨&霍洛韦律所的洛林·乔伊 |
[40:58] | You came in for an interview a few years ago? | 你几年前来面试过 |
[41:02] | Of course. Ms. Joy. Hello. | 是的 乔伊女士 你好 |
[41:04] | Lorraine, please. | 请叫我洛林 |
[41:05] | I head your speech last night. | 我昨晚听了你的演讲 |
[41:07] | It was terrific. | 棒极了 |
[41:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:09] | Listen, I know you’ve got your own shop now, | 我知道你已经有自己的律所了 |
[41:13] | but we were wondering if you could come in for a chat, | 但我们在想你是否能过来谈谈 |
[41:17] | see if we could convince you to maybe come work for us? | 看看我们能否说服你来我们这工作 |
[41:20] | Oh, thank you, | 谢谢 |
[41:22] | but I’m happy where I am. | 但我对现在的地方很满意 |
[41:24] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[41:25] | Well, maybe down the road. | 可能以后会有机会 |
[41:37] | You’re hired. | 你被录取了 |
[41:38] | I… | 我… |
[41:41] | – What? – First year associate. You start on Monday. | -什么 -律师助理 周一开始上班 |
[41:46] | My God, I thought you were going to say, | 天哪 我还以为你要说 |
[41:47] | “Sorry, the position is filled” | 「抱歉 这个职位已经招满了」 |
[41:50] | Nope. You’re stuck with us. | 不会的 你跟我们混了 |
[41:52] | Now you have to impress us. | 现在你得用力表现了 |
[41:53] | I can do that. | 那个我可以的 |
[41:56] | Will, thank you. | 威尔 谢谢你 |
[41:57] | I-I know you didn’t have to. | 我知道你没必要这么做 |
[41:59] | Alicia, when I’m broke | 艾丽西娅 当我破产了 |
[42:01] | and lying in an alley somewhere, do something nice for me. | 躺在过道里乞讨时 记得多给点 |
[42:05] | Okay. Promise. | 好的 我保证 |
[42:08] | Good. Now start reading up on contract law. | 很好 现在开始仔细研读合同法吧 |
[42:11] | On my way. | 马上去 |