时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:36] | Paisley Group already leads the other Fortune 500 companies | 佩斯利集团已经在引领其他财富五百强企业 |
[00:40] | in the global and industry trend toward consumer use of green products, | 向着绿色能耗的全球和行业趋势方向发展 |
[00:46] | while providing competitive advantages | 同时也在全力提升 |
[00:48] | in efficacy and safety. | 产品在功能性和安全性方面的竞争优势 |
[00:50] | Now, this doesn’t mean… | 然而 这并不代表… |
[00:51] | Not now. Not ever. | 现在不行 永远不行 |
[00:53] | Ah… sounds like our protestor friends agree with us. | 这些抗议的朋友们听来似乎很赞同我们 |
[00:58] | Now is not the time for brunch. | 现在确实不是吃早午餐的时候 |
[01:01] | All right. In short, | 总之 长话短说 |
[01:02] | the merger of our two great companies | 我们两大公司的兼并 |
[01:04] | will ensure our competitive edge. | 将确保我们的竞争优势 |
[01:07] | But more important, | 更重要的是 |
[01:08] | for the pension funds you manage; | 对你们管理的养老基金来说 |
[01:10] | it’ll mean a greater return on your investments. | 这代表了更丰厚的回报 |
[01:12] | Now… are there any questions? | 现在 有问题吗 |
[01:14] | Yeah. Mr. Paisley. | 有 佩斯利先生 |
[01:15] | How much domestic workforce | 由于这次兼并 |
[01:17] | would you anticipate shedding as a result of this merger? | 你预计将辞退多少国内员工 |
[01:20] | You sound like one of the protestors out there. | 你的语气听着很像外面的抗议者 |
[01:23] | Regrettably, it could be as much as 20 percent stateside. | 很遗憾 在国内可能会多达百分之二十 |
[01:26] | We’re gonna hope to hold to that line. | 我们希望尽量不超出这个数 |
[01:28] | What about the wrongful termination suit | 前首席财务官控告贵公司不当解雇的官司 |
[01:30] | by your former CFO? | 怎么样了 |
[01:32] | Well, I’m not stupid. | 我并不傻 |
[01:33] | I’ll leave that to my lawyer. | 所以这个就请我的律师来解释吧 |
[01:37] | Yes. We’re confident that this suit has no merit… | 我们相信他的控告是毫无依据的 |
[01:39] | He’s claiming he was fired because he was gay. | 他声称自己是因为身为同性恋而被解雇的 |
[01:41] | Yes. He’s claiming that. | 对 他是那么说的 |
[01:42] | Kyle Musset was fired for cause. | 凯尔·缪塞被解雇是有原因的 |
[01:44] | He was attempting to sell trade secrets to a competitor… | 他试图将公司交易机密卖给竞争对手 |
[01:47] | If the suit drags on… | 如果这个官司拖得太久 |
[01:49] | it could hang over the stock price. | 可能会影响到股票价格 |
[01:51] | Well, we’re in negotiations now and we’re confident | 我们正在进行谈判 而且我们有信心 |
[01:53] | that this suit will set… | 这场官司很快就… |
[01:55] | Down with corporate imperialism! | 企业霸权去死吧 |
[02:02] | Didn’t I tell you this was gonna be fun? | 我早说过 这案子会很有意思吧 |
[02:08] | Mr. Canning, hello. | 坎宁先生 你好 |
[02:10] | Alicia’s just a few minutes behind you. | 艾丽西娅过几分钟就到 |
[02:12] | So, this is what a start-up looks like. | 新律所原来是这样啊 |
[02:15] | Yep. 35 employees. Seven partners. | 对 35个职员 七个合伙人 |
[02:18] | $21 million in yearly billing. | 每年两千一百万收入 |
[02:20] | Another $5 million and you’ll be able to | 再花五百万就能给你们的会议室 |
[02:22] | afford doors for your conference room. | 加几扇门了 |
[02:24] | It’s a design choice. | 这是我们的设计 |
[02:25] | Yeah, the design choice | 对 设计 |
[02:26] | that lets other people listen in on your meetings. | 但也让别人能听到你们的会议 |
[02:28] | Lindsay, can you get my sweater from m…? | 琳赛 能不能去我办公室拿下我的毛… |
[02:32] | Oh. Mr. Canning. | 坎宁先生 |
[02:33] | We ready to put this to bed? | 准备让事情平息了吗 |
[02:34] | Yeah. I’m ready for court, uh… | 是 我准备好上庭了 |
[02:36] | I think we just honor our trial date tomorrow. | 我觉得不如明天就上庭吧 |
[02:38] | My goodness, what happened to you? | 天哪 你怎么了 |
[02:39] | Or is that, uh, another design choice? | 还是说这也是设计 |
[02:42] | Excuse me. | 失陪了 |
[02:43] | It was a mishap. | 这是个意外 |
[02:44] | We, uh, considered your client’s latest demands… | 我们考虑了你客户最后的要求 |
[02:47] | and, um, our top offering is $150,000. | 决定最多出15万 |
[02:50] | We’ll take our chances in court. | 那我们还是上庭碰碰运气吧 |
[02:52] | Good. That was quick. | 很好 决定得很快嘛 |
[02:53] | Good to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[02:55] | He was fired because he was gay. | 他被解雇是因为他是同性恋 |
[02:56] | How’s that gonna go over with your fund managers? | 你那些基金经理对此会怎么想呢 |
[02:58] | Like extortion. You’re lucky to get $150,000. | 会觉得是勒索吧 你能拿到15万都算走运了 |
[03:02] | $200,000. | 20万 |
[03:04] | No. $140,000. | 不 14万 |
[03:07] | You have changed. | 你变了 |
[03:08] | Yes. I have. | 是的 我变了 |
[03:10] | I liked the old Alicia better. | 我更喜欢原来的艾丽西娅 |
[03:12] | The $200,000 Alicia? | 会接受20万的艾丽西娅吗 |
[03:13] | All right, fine. I’ll talk to my client, | 好吧 我会跟我客户谈谈 |
[03:15] | you talk to your… corporate overlord and then, uh… | 你去和你那个企业巨头谈谈 |
[03:17] | in the meantime, get that cleaned up, | 还有 清理一下衣服 |
[03:18] | cause, it’s gonna leave a stain. | 不然会留下污渍的 |
[03:20] | Yeah. Thanks. | 好 谢谢 |
[03:23] | Finn. What’s up? | 芬恩 怎么了 |
[03:24] | Hey. Alicia, I’m sorry, am I early? | 艾丽西娅 抱歉 我来早了吗 |
[03:25] | – For? – Eli. | -你来干什么 -伊莱 |
[03:27] | We have a meeting about the governor’s announcement. | 关于州长的声明 我们要开个会 |
[03:29] | Oh, my God. I’m so sorry. I completely forgot. | 天哪 抱歉 我完全忘了这回事 |
[03:31] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[03:32] | Oh, yeah. Someone hit me with a pie. | 没事 有人用派砸到了我 |
[03:34] | It’s a long story. | 说来话长 |
[03:35] | Good news. Great news. | 好消息 很好的消息 |
[03:36] | Where can we talk? How about your desk? | 我们去哪谈 去你的办公桌吧 |
[03:40] | I got an early copy. | 我提前拿到一份副本 |
[03:41] | Comes out tonight and it couldn’t be more perfect. | 正式报告今晚会出来 简直太完美了 |
[03:44] | Eli, what is it? | 伊莱 什么东西 |
[03:45] | Oh, Alicia, maybe you shouldn’t look. | 艾丽西娅 你或许不该看 |
[03:47] | It’s the report on the Jeffrey Grant shooting. | 是杰弗里·格兰特枪击案的报告 |
[03:48] | No, I’m fine, Eli. What’s it say? | 不 我没事 伊莱 报告怎么说 |
[03:51] | Well, it clears Finn of any wrongdoing… | 报告澄清了芬恩没有任何违规行为 |
[03:53] | – What happened to your… – Pie. What’s it say, Eli? | -你的衣服… -是派 怎么说 伊莱 |
[03:55] | It clears Finn of any responsibility | 报告澄清了芬恩不需为枪击 |
[03:58] | for the shooting and lays the blame firmly | 负任何责任 并且明确指出 |
[03:59] | – at the feet of the state’s attorney. -That’s good. | -这是州检察官的过错 -那就好 |
[04:01] | It’s great. How’d you get pie on you? | 是好极了 你怎么把派弄身上了 |
[04:03] | So, Peter will reference it in his public endorsement? | 所以彼得会在公众筹款会上引用这份报告 |
[04:05] | Yes. Now here’s the thing– | 对 不过要注意 |
[04:06] | this is the most dangerous time for you. | 现在对你来说是最危险的时刻 |
[04:08] | Because Castro will try to strike back. | 因为卡斯特罗会奋起反击 |
[04:10] | He’ll try and undercut this report by exposing something on you. | 他会试图曝光你的事来降低报告的影响 |
[04:13] | Well, that’s good, there is nothing on me. | 很好 我没什么可藏着掖着的 |
[04:16] | Your sister’s overdose, | 你妹妹的吸毒过量致死 |
[04:17] | your wife’s miscarriage. | 你妻子的流产 |
[04:18] | What’s wrong with my wife’s miscarriage? | 我妻子的流产有什么问题吗 |
[04:20] | – You divorced her after the miscarriage… – Eli. | -你在她流产后跟她离婚了 -伊莱 |
[04:23] | – Why don’t we do this another time? – I didn’t divorce her. | -不如换个时间再聊吧 -我没有跟她离婚 |
[04:25] | Oh, come on, you don’t understand. | 得了吧 你不懂 |
[04:27] | This is not about the facts. | 事实根本不重要 |
[04:28] | It’s what the facts can be made to look like. | 重要的是事实被包装成什么样 |
[04:30] | What do you need, Eli? | 你想怎么样 伊莱 |
[04:31] | Castro is gonna try and get in touch with you | 卡斯特罗会试图联系你 |
[04:33] | with whatever he has– a photo, a Xerox, | 给你看他掌握的东西 照片 影印本 |
[04:35] | something from your past. Bring it to me. | 或是关于你过去的某样东西 到时你拿来给我 |
[04:37] | Whatever it is, it’ll make you angry, | 不管是什么 一定会激怒你 |
[04:39] | but bring it to me. Okay? | 但是记得拿来给我 好吗 |
[04:44] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:45] | Good. | 很好 |
[04:46] | I’m gonna go. | 我得走了 |
[04:50] | I still can’t get used to this place. | 我还是不大习惯这个地方 |
[04:53] | You need more walls. | 你得多弄几堵墙 |
[04:56] | Well, he’s a barrel of laughs. | 他可真是够搞笑的 |
[04:57] | Yes, he takes his job very seriously. | 是啊 他对自己的工作很认真 |
[05:00] | And there’s no one better at it. | 而且没人比他更擅长这份工作 |
[05:02] | Look, I-I’d advise against court. | 听着 我建议不要上庭 |
[05:04] | – I just… – …has happened 14 separate times. | -我只是…-…发生了14次 |
[05:07] | And that should prove causation. | 这应该能证明两者有因果关系 |
[05:09] | – Who’s that in with Diane? – Some lady. | -和戴安在一起的那人是谁 -某位女士 |
[05:11] | She doesn’t like men. | 她看着也不像男性 |
[05:13] | No, I mean who are the people? | 不 我是说那些人是谁 |
[05:15] | – The people. In there? – Yes. | -里面那些人吗 -对 |
[05:17] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[05:19] | What do I call you? Is it, uh, | 我该怎么叫你 |
[05:20] | crippled or handicapped or… What’s that other word? | 是跛子还是残废呢 还有个什么词来着 |
[05:23] | What do you call me? | 你该怎么叫我 |
[05:25] | – Yeah. – Uh, how about Louis? | -对啊 -叫我路易斯如何 |
[05:26] | No, when I’m talking to other people, | 不 我是说在别人面前提起你的时候 |
[05:28] | what do I call you? | 我要怎么称呼你 |
[05:31] | Challenged. | 天残人士 |
[05:32] | Hmm? Isn’t that the word– challenged? | 是这个词吧 天残 |
[05:35] | Do you like that? | 你喜欢吗 |
[05:36] | Yes. | 喜欢 |
[05:38] | – …we’ll serve Kael Pepper… – Diane. | -我们会向奇尔·佩珀…-戴安 |
[05:40] | Do you… do you need me? | 你们…需要我吗 |
[05:42] | No. | 不喜欢 |
[05:44] | Mr. Canning. | 坎宁先生 |
[05:45] | Hello, I’m Rayna Hecht. | 你好 我是蕾娜·赫特 |
[05:46] | Well, Ms. Hecht, from Hecht & Tascioni? | 是赫&塔律所的赫特女士 |
[05:49] | You run a tight little shop over there. | 你们的小律所挺有实力的 |
[05:50] | Thank you, we try. | 谢谢夸奖 一直在努力 |
[05:52] | So, what do we got going? | 在忙什么呢 |
[05:53] | Class action. Kael Pepper. | 共同诉讼 奇尔·佩珀那事 |
[05:55] | Oh, that was… That was terrible. | 那事情真是…太不幸了 |
[05:58] | Uh, I didn’t know we signed it. | 我不记得我们受理了这案子 |
[05:59] | Uh, Rayna asked us to be co-counsel. | 蕾娜邀请我们做她的合作律师 |
[06:01] | My Goodness. Good luck. | 我的老天 祝你们好运 |
[06:03] | Terrible thing. | 太不幸了 |
[06:05] | All those children. | 那些可怜的孩子们 |
[06:12] | Is there something wrong? | 有什么问题吗 |
[06:13] | Office politics. | 办公室政治 |
[06:16] | Oh, I know that tune. | 这我懂的 |
[06:18] | So, I know it will be difficult talking about the illnesses, | 我知道回忆病痛并不好受 |
[06:22] | but the stories that you’ve told us, | 但还是得麻烦你们再复述一遍 |
[06:24] | you’ll have to repeat. | 跟我们说过的那些话 |
[06:25] | Kalinda. | 凯琳达 |
[06:27] | Something is going on in that little head of his. | 他正心怀鬼胎 |
[06:29] | – Could you find out? – Canning? | -你能去查查吗 -你是说坎宁吗 |
[06:31] | Yes. He came in here, | 是的 他之前走进来 |
[06:32] | heard about the Kael Pepper class action, | 听了一耳朵奇尔·佩珀的共同诉讼案 |
[06:35] | and then rushed off. | 就又出去了 |
[06:37] | I’ll find out. | 我这就去查 |
[06:40] | Good things come to those who wait? Well, I guess… | 好事眷顾的总是那些有耐心的人吗 我想… |
[06:43] | $140,000. | 14万美元 |
[06:45] | I don’t know why we have to pay him a cent– he’s a thief. | 我们为什么要给他钱 他就是个小偷 |
[06:48] | Because we have a court date set for tomorrow | 因为如果我们不先把这事解决了 |
[06:49] | if we don’t settle this. Mr. Paisley, | 我们明天就得上庭 佩斯利先生 |
[06:52] | the merger’s worth $3.7 billion. | 这起合并价值37亿美元 |
[06:54] | $140,000 is nothing. | 14万不值什么 |
[06:56] | – It’s a lot of money. – To me, yeah. | -这可不是小钱 -对我来说的确 |
[06:58] | To you, it’s what you made while you were sitting here. | 但对你 你坐这的这会功夫就已经赚到手了 |
[07:02] | I like that sweater. | 毛衣不错 |
[07:04] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[07:05] | Send me your cleaning bill. | 把洗衣票据寄给我 |
[07:06] | Agree to pay $140,000 and I’ll pay the cleaning bill. | 你同意付了那14万 洗衣费我自己出 |
[07:13] | Mr. Paisley, we’re ready for you. | 佩斯利先生 我们准备好了 |
[07:14] | You know what I like about you, Alicia? | 你知道我喜欢你哪点吗 艾丽西娅 |
[07:17] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[07:18] | You don’t take this stuff too seriously. | 你看问题比较随意 |
[07:22] | You and me together on the barricades, huh? | 你和我作壁上观 如何 |
[07:25] | Hold off the hordes. | 远离那群乌合之众 |
[07:28] | $140,000? | 那14万美元呢 |
[07:32] | Pay ’em off. | 付给他们 |
[07:34] | Don’t even want to think about it again. | 不想再被这事烦了 |
[07:37] | It’s called “Merger insanity.” | 所谓「疯狂并购」 |
[07:39] | The new wave of big ticket deals sweeping the biotech industry. | 生物科技业刮起大额并购浪潮 |
[07:42] | And the newest merger has an old, respected name at the helm. | 最新并购事件主角是业内久负盛名的掌权人物 |
[07:45] | – James Paisley. – Hi there. | -詹姆斯·佩斯利 -你好 |
[07:47] | We’ll be joined by Mr. Paisley shortly… | 不久佩斯利先生就将加入我们… |
[07:49] | Geez, Kalinda, don’t startle me like that. | 凯琳达 吓了我一跳 |
[07:52] | Do you have a minute? | 有空吗 |
[07:53] | For you, all the time in the world. | 对你 多久都能奉陪 |
[07:55] | What’s wrong with the Kael Pepper class action? | 奇尔·佩珀共同诉讼案有什么问题 |
[07:58] | I don’t know. Is there something wrong | 我不知道啊 哪里有问题吗 |
[07:59] | with the Kael Pepper class action? | 我不知道啊 哪里有问题吗 |
[08:01] | Louis. | 路易斯 |
[08:03] | Now, this relationship here–the one between us– | 现在 我们之间的关系 |
[08:06] | is only gonna work if we’re gonna be up front with each other. | 只有彼此互相敞开心扉 才有意义 |
[08:10] | Diane has asked me to find out | 戴安让我查明 |
[08:11] | why you have a problem with her class action. | 你为什么对共同诉讼有所不满 |
[08:13] | Now, I could investigate… | 我可以自己去调查… |
[08:15] | – As you did with my health issues. – Or… | -就像你调查我的健康状况一样 -或者… |
[08:17] | we could be adults. | 我们可以用成年人的方式 |
[08:19] | Just ask questions and talk. | 直接回答对方的问题 |
[08:23] | I’m in the process of signing Kael Pepper labs. | 我正试着拿下奇尔·佩珀实验室的案子 |
[08:26] | Now, we can’t represent both the company | 我们不能既代理这家公司 |
[08:28] | – and the people who are suing the company. – True. | -又代理告这家公司的人 -没错 |
[08:30] | So I have to figure out a way to… | 所以我想了个办法… |
[08:32] | – Just… wait. Just a sec. …Mr. James Paisley. | -稍等一下 -詹姆斯·佩斯利先生 |
[08:35] | I understand there was a bit of drama | 我知道在您为养老基金高层管理者们做演示时 |
[08:37] | at your presentation to the top pension fund managers. | 会场出现了点小插曲 |
[08:40] | Oh, you mean the pie incident. | 你是指「扔派糊脸」那事 |
[08:41] | Wait, turn it up. | 调高音量 |
[08:42] | Someone from the protest infiltrated your meeting | 抗议人群中有人潜入会议室 |
[08:45] | and hit you with a pie. | 并向您扔了个派 |
[08:46] | Not even a very tasty pie, I might add. | 我得说 那派都不怎么好吃 |
[08:49] | And was this to protest the fact that this merger | 抗议是否针对的是 |
[08:52] | would be sending jobs overseas. | 这起合并会把就业机会转向海外 |
[08:53] | Honestly, Steven, I don’t know what it’s about. | 说老实话 斯蒂文 我都不懂 |
[08:56] | I don’t know what these people want. | 我不知道这些人究竟要什么 |
[08:57] | I’m standing in my board room, | 我站在董事会议室 |
[09:00] | people downstairs handcuffing themselves to the receptionist’s desk, | 楼下的人涌向接待台 |
[09:03] | honking horns, not letting us out of the building. | 狂按喇叭 不让我们出大楼 |
[09:06] | I felt like, uh… | 我感觉自己好像… |
[09:08] | – Anne Frank, hiding from the Nazis. – No, no. | -安妮·弗兰克 躲避着纳粹的追杀 -不 |
[09:12] | Well, that’s a bit extreme, isn’t it? | 这说法太过了吧 |
[09:13] | Not really. I feel this country’s turned on its head. | 并没有 我感觉国家已经走岔了路 |
[09:17] | Tom Perkins may have put it inelegantly, | 汤姆·铂金斯可能说得稍显粗俗 |
[09:17] | 新闻集团董事 硅谷知名风险投资家 曾就「世界新闻报」电话窃听事件发表大胆言论 | |
[09:20] | but he wasn’t that far wrong. | 但意思不差 |
[09:21] | Don’t say it. Don’t say it. | 别往下说了 别往下说了 |
[09:23] | Go for it, go for it, say it. | 加油 加油 继续 |
[09:24] | The one percent is the new hunted minority in this country. | 这个国家有百分之一的人成了新迫害对象 |
[09:28] | Not unlike the Jews in Nazi Germany. | 和纳粹德国的犹太人并无两样 |
[09:30] | Goal! | 得分 |
[09:34] | Don’t call him now, he’ll just know you’re on the run | 过会再打 现在打只会暴露你的焦虑 |
[09:36] | – and he’ll up the price. – We have to risk it. | -他会趁机提价 -这险我们不得不冒 |
[09:38] | As soon as he sees this, he’s gonna want to go to court. | 一旦等他看见这个 我们就得上法庭了 |
[09:41] | It doesn’t change the facts. | 结果也没什么不同 |
[09:41] | It taints the jury pool. | 陪审团对我们不利 |
[09:44] | I wonder how long I should make her wait. | 我不知道让她等多久合适 |
[09:49] | Hi. He saw the interview. | 专访他刚看了 |
[09:51] | Kalinda? | 你是凯琳达吗 |
[09:52] | Yeah, he watched the whole interview. Hang on. | 是 他整个专访都看了 稍等 |
[09:56] | That was really crappy. | 你这招真不光彩 |
[09:57] | – I know. – Hey, Alicia, | -我知道 -好啊 艾丽西娅 |
[09:58] | – Uh, we’re gonna take our chances in court. – Your case is weak. | -我们就法庭上见吧 -你的证据站不住脚 |
[10:02] | Yeah, we both know it’s not about the case anymore. | 我们都清楚案子已经不重要了 |
[10:03] | It’s about jury selection and, | 关键在陪审团的选择 |
[10:06] | uh, it’s gonna be over before you can say, “Ladies and gentlemen of the jury.” | 恐怕在你向陪审员们问好前 案子就已经结束了 |
[10:09] | We’ll go up to $200,000. | 我们愿意付20万美元 |
[10:11] | Nope, it’s now $3 million. | 三百万咱就和解 |
[10:16] | Then we’ll see you in court. | 那我们就法庭上见吧 |
[10:17] | That’s my line. | 你抢了我的台词 |
[10:20] | Thanks for seeing me on such short notice, Peter. | 谢谢你这么快赶过来 彼得 |
[10:22] | Jim. | 吉姆 |
[10:27] | So. | 好了 |
[10:29] | What can I do for you? | 找我过来什么事 |
[10:31] | It’s about the state’s attorney race and Finn Polmar. | 关于州检察官竞选 关于芬恩·波尔马 |
[10:34] | Well, I figured as much. | 我猜也是 |
[10:36] | Are you referring to the attorney general’s report? | 你是指那份首席检察官报告 |
[10:38] | Apparently the worst-kept secret in Illinois. | 算得上是伊利诺伊州传得最广的所谓秘密了 |
[10:41] | I did approve the charges. | 我确实同意了指控 |
[10:44] | I thought they were justified. | 我以为是正义的指控 |
[10:46] | But I certainly never put a gun in Jeffrey Grant’s hand. | 但杰弗里·格兰特手里的枪和我无关 |
[10:50] | I think the voters will see that. | 我认为选民会明白这一点 |
[10:53] | Well, great. Great. | 那很好 很好 |
[10:55] | Okay, so, it was good talking to you. | 跟你交谈很高兴 |
[11:09] | It’s Finn Polmar | 芬恩·波尔马 |
[11:10] | coming out of your wife’s apartment building. | 正从你妻子的公寓大楼走出来 |
[11:13] | That’s really pathetic, Jim. | 这太悲哀了吧 吉姆 |
[11:15] | I didn’t take the picture, Peter. | 这不是我拍的 彼得 |
[11:18] | It’s from a surveillance camera. | 这是监控摄像机拍下的 |
[11:19] | Yeah, well, I think you’ll see that I was there, also. | 好吧 你会发现我当时也在场 |
[11:22] | Two months ago. | 就在两个月前 |
[11:24] | My wife was representing Finn… | 我妻子作为芬恩的代理律师 |
[11:26] | – against you, I believe. – This is from two weeks ago. | -与你较量 -这是两周前的照片 |
[11:30] | I’m not gonna use it, Peter, | 我不会利用它 彼得 |
[11:34] | but it will come out. | 但这早晚会为人所知 |
[11:36] | Finn will be asked about it. | 人们会质问芬恩 |
[11:39] | Your wife will be asked about it. | 会质问你的妻子 |
[11:40] | You’ll be asked about it. | 也会质问你 |
[11:45] | How do you think it will look | 你觉得这看上去像什么 |
[11:47] | that you endorsed your wife’s lover? | 你公开支持妻子的情夫 |
[11:59] | I know it’s hard… | 我知道这不容易 |
[12:03] | Seriously? | 真的假的 |
[12:04] | That’s your…? | 这就是你的… |
[12:13] | Well, it was good talking to you. | 与你交谈很愉快 |
[12:16] | Have a good day, Jim. | 祝一天愉快 吉姆 |
[12:40] | So, how are we with the endorsement? | 背书的说辞准备得怎么样了 |
[12:41] | Want me to polish it? | 需要我润色吗 |
[12:44] | No. | 不 |
[12:45] | But you’re fine with it? | 但你能搞定吗 |
[12:48] | Who told us about him? | 是谁向我们推荐了他 |
[12:50] | Who told us about Finn? | 是谁向我们推荐了芬恩 |
[12:51] | – Yes. – I did. | -是的 -是我 |
[12:52] | So you convinced Finn to run? | 是你说服芬恩竞选的吗 |
[12:55] | No. I think Alicia did. | 不 我想是艾丽西娅 |
[12:56] | Why? | 为什么 |
[12:59] | Let’s wait on the endorsement. | 支持的事暂缓一下吧 |
[13:02] | W-Why? | 为什么 |
[13:04] | I just don’t want to make a big thing of it. | 我只是不想把事搞得太大 |
[13:07] | Uh, Peter, just so you know, | 彼得 你要知道 |
[13:09] | you have already endorsed him. | 你已经公开支持他了 |
[13:11] | You just haven’t appeared with him. | 你只是还没和他一起现身过 |
[13:12] | Yeah, I know. But let’s hold off on it, okay? | 我知道 但我们暂缓一下 行吗 |
[13:16] | We got a problem. | 我们有麻烦了 |
[13:18] | I know. | 我知道 |
[13:19] | Kael Pepper and my class action. | 奇尔·佩珀和我的共同诉讼 |
[13:21] | We can only represent one of ’em. | 我们只能代理他们中的一方 |
[13:23] | Yes. The one that was signed first. Kalinda. | 是的 代理先签合同的一方 凯琳达 |
[13:25] | The class action… | 共同诉讼… |
[13:26] | Geez, you-you pop out of nowhere. | 天啊 你又凭空出现了 |
[13:29] | The class action was signed yesterday at 3:00. | 共同诉讼是昨天下午三点签约的 |
[13:31] | You signed Kael Pepper at 5:00. | 而你跟奇尔·佩珀在下午五点签约 |
[13:33] | No, I signed him at 2:00. I submitted it at 5:00. | 不 我和他两点签的 五点交的合同 |
[13:35] | Kael Pepper only approached you because of our suit. | 奇尔·佩珀就是因为我们的共同诉讼才找你的 |
[13:37] | They want this to be a conflict of interest. | 他们希望这变成利益冲突 |
[13:39] | No, they approached us because we’re good lawyers, | 不 他们来找我们是因为我们厉害 |
[13:42] | and they bring $8 million in yearly business. | 他们能带来每年八百万美元的收入 |
[13:44] | Their facility polluted the ground water. | 他们的设备污染了地下水 |
[13:45] | They poisoned those kids. | 使这些孩子中毒 |
[13:47] | – That’s debatable. – No, it isn’t. | -这尚存争议 -没有争议 |
[13:48] | Diane, if you represent only the innocent, | 戴安 如果你只为无辜者辩护 |
[13:50] | you’ll go quickly out of business. | 你很快就会无活可干了 |
[13:52] | I got to get to court. | 我要去法庭了 |
[13:53] | Tell Kael Pepper thank you, | 告诉奇尔·佩珀我们谢谢他 |
[13:54] | – but no thank you. – You know, let’s bring it | -但我们不接这案子 -还是让 |
[13:56] | to the executive committee. | 执行委员会来决定吧 |
[13:56] | You pitch, I’ll pitch, and we’ll let the firm decide. | 我们各抒己见 让公司来定夺 |
[13:58] | I got to go. Boo. | 我要走了 |
[14:04] | Are you Jewish? | 你是犹太人吗 |
[14:06] | Am I Jewish? Yeah. Why? | 我是犹太人吗 是的 怎么了 |
[14:09] | I need you to sit second chair. | 我需要你来做副席律师 |
[14:11] | On what? | 是什么案子 |
[14:13] | Do you care? | 你在乎吗 |
[14:16] | The voir dire process is a very important one, | 陪审员审查程序是很重要的 |
[14:18] | because it enables the court | 它让法庭和律师们 |
[14:20] | and the lawyers to determine whether or not | 能够决定你们每一个人是否 |
[14:22] | each of you would be appropriate jurors | 能成为这一特定案件的 |
[14:24] | for this particular case. | 合格陪审员 |
[14:26] | Canning’s right. | 坎宁是对的 |
[14:27] | This trial is over in voir dire. | 审判在陪审员审查阶段就会结束 |
[14:29] | You had in your employment contract | 只要多数人站在我们这边 |
[14:30] | that we only need a majority to prevail, | 你就可以保住工作合同 |
[14:31] | so, we just need seven. | 所以我们需要七个人 |
[14:33] | Whoever gets the first seven jurors | 先得到七个陪审员的人 |
[14:35] | has the upper hand in negotiations. | 就会在谈判中占上风 |
[14:36] | This isn’t about going to trial. | 这与审判无关 |
[14:37] | This is about getting seven jurors. | 重点是要得到七个陪审员 |
[14:39] | It could be the difference between | 成败之间就是20万和850万和解金之差 |
[14:40] | a $200,000 settlement and $8.5 million. | 成败之间就是20万和850万和解金之差 |
[14:44] | What do I do? | 我该怎么做 |
[14:46] | Look wise, and… | 假装你很有智慧 还有 |
[14:49] | every time I touch my nose, you whisper in my ear. | 每次我碰鼻子 你就假装在我耳边说话 |
[14:54] | Very well, then. Let’s begin. | 很好 那我们开始吧 |
[14:56] | Ms. Economus, in your capacity as a human resources manager, | 艾可诺莫女士 作为人力资源经理 |
[14:59] | do you have access to what other people make? | 你是否能够知道别人的收入 |
[15:01] | I mean, salary? | 我是指 工资 |
[15:02] | Yes, I do. | 是的 我知道 |
[15:04] | And does it rankle you sometimes | 你是否会对高管们的薪水 |
[15:05] | how much more executives get paid than other employees? | 大大超出其他雇员这件事感到怨恨 |
[15:08] | The CEO of your company, for example. | 比如你公司的执行总裁 |
[15:10] | How much more does that person make | 他比理赔员的平均工资 |
[15:11] | than the average, say, claims adjuster? | 多几倍呢 |
[15:13] | I mean, 500 times? | 有五百倍吗 |
[15:15] | Your Honor, objection. | 法官阁下 反对 |
[15:17] | Your Honor, I believe Mr. Canning is trying | 法官阁下 我认为坎宁先生 |
[15:19] | to prejudice our jury against our client | 在试图利用庭外陈述使陪审团 |
[15:21] | by using out-of-court statements. | 对我方当事人产生偏见 |
[15:22] | Yes, Mr. Canning, I saw the news coverage | 是的 坎宁先生 我看到关于 |
[15:24] | of Mr. Paisley’s comments, and I am inclined to agree. | 佩斯利先生的报道了 我倾向于同意 |
[15:27] | Your Honor, I’m merely trying to determine | 法官阁下 我只是试图判断 |
[15:29] | whether this juror can fairly judge a man | 陪审员是否可以对一个工资 |
[15:30] | who makes thousands of times what she… | 高出她几千倍的人作出公正判断 |
[15:32] | Oh, so you’re worried about jurors being fair to our client? | 你在担心陪审团对我方当事人太公平吗 |
[15:34] | Okay. I’m ruling | 好了 我要判决了 |
[15:35] | that any out-of-court statements having to do with class | 任何关于阶级差异或经济差异的 |
[15:38] | or economic differences are irrelevant. | 庭外陈述都是无关的 |
[15:41] | Now step back. | 现在退下吧 |
[15:43] | Ms. Economus, how much of a reader are you? | 佩斯利女士 你爱读书吗 |
[15:45] | Much of a reader? | 读书 |
[15:46] | Well, I guess as much as anybody else. | 我想我和其他人一样吧 |
[15:49] | Though I read a lot in college. | 但我在大学时期读了很多书 |
[15:50] | Have you ever read Diary of Anne Frank? | 你读过「安妮日记」吗 |
[15:52] | Your Honor! Objection! | 法官阁下 反对 |
[15:53] | Mr. Canning, I warned you | 坎宁先生 我警告你 |
[15:55] | not to continue with the irrelevant questions. | 不要再问不相关的问题 |
[15:56] | With irrelevant economic questions, Your Honor. | 是不相关的经济问题 法官阁下 |
[15:58] | This was not… | 这不是 |
[16:05] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[16:07] | Yes, uh, Your Honor, we’d like to amend our suit | 好的 法官阁下 我们想修改诉讼 |
[16:09] | to include claim of religious discrimination. | 添加宗教歧视的索赔 |
[16:11] | On what grounds? | 基于什么 |
[16:12] | Mrs. Florrick, that’s my job. | 福瑞克夫人 这是我的工作 |
[16:13] | My client, Mr. Musset, | 我当事人缪塞先生 |
[16:15] | has Jewish ancestry on his father’s side. | 他父亲有犹太血统 |
[16:17] | And Mr. Paisley’s insensitive remarks last night | 佩斯利先生昨晚关于安妮·弗兰克 |
[16:19] | about Anne Frank and her | 及其悲惨经历的不当言论 |
[16:20] | tragic ordeal serves to illustrate the anti-Semitism. | 证明了他的反犹太主义倾向 |
[16:23] | – No, I don’t believe this. Your Honor? – No, no. | -我不认同 法官阁下 -不 不 |
[16:24] | Religious discrimination is a recognized cause of action. | 宗教歧视是有效的起诉缘由 |
[16:28] | You may think it’s a facade, | 你或许认为这是假的 |
[16:29] | and I may agree with you, | 我也或许同意你 |
[16:30] | but that’s what a trial is for. | 但这就是审判的目的 |
[16:32] | Very well, Mr. Canning. | 很好 坎宁先生 |
[16:34] | You can ask your questions after lunch. | 你可以在午饭后提问 |
[16:35] | Nice work, Howard. | 干得好 霍华德 |
[16:37] | You need to talk to Paisley. | 你需要跟佩斯利谈谈 |
[16:39] | I’m not going to apologize. | 我不会道歉 |
[16:41] | They’re using it to get the jury they want. | 他们会利用这点获得想要的陪审员 |
[16:43] | Yes, but I told the truth. | 是的 但我说的是真话 |
[16:44] | That being surrounded by protestors was like Anne Frank? | 像安妮·弗兰克一样被反对者包围吗 |
[16:47] | – I was being hyperbolic. – Then apologize for that. | -这是夸张说法 -那就为夸张道歉 |
[16:49] | No. Alicia, you’re trying | 不 艾丽西娅 你在试图 |
[16:51] | to get me to apologize for the Nazi reference | 让我为提及纳粹道歉 |
[16:54] | so people will think I’m apologizing for the whole thing. | 好让大家以为我在为整件事道歉 |
[16:56] | Mr. Paisley, you said that | 佩斯利先生 你说 |
[16:58] | the one percent were like Jews in Germany. | 你们百分之一就像德国人里的犹太人 |
[17:01] | No. I said Tom Perkins made a good point. | 不 我说的是汤姆·铂金斯说得有道理 |
[17:05] | You know who called me this morning? | 你知道今早谁打电话给我了吗 |
[17:07] | Neil Gross from Chumhum. | 查查网的尼尔·格罗斯 |
[17:09] | Said, “Thank you. | 他说[谢谢你 |
[17:10] | “It’s about time somebody told the truth.” | 是时候有人出来说实话了] |
[17:13] | Mr. Paisley, can I have you meet someone? | 佩斯利先生 我能让你见个人吗 |
[17:15] | It’ll only take a minute. | 只要一分钟就好 |
[17:17] | I’m not gonna change my mind. | 我不会改变主意的 |
[17:19] | Mr. Fishbein, you can come on in. | 费斯本先生 你可以进来了 |
[17:21] | Where is this putz? | 那个笨蛋呢 |
[17:23] | Mr. Paisley, I would like you to meet Mr. Fishbein. | 佩斯利先生 我想让你见见费斯本先生 |
[17:26] | So, you think you have it the same | 你认为可以把现在的情况和 |
[17:28] | as the Jews of Nazi Germany? | 德国的犹太人处境相提并论吗 |
[17:31] | I’m gonna let you two talk for a minute. | 我让你们单独聊一会儿 |
[17:34] | Hey, Finn. What’s up? | 芬恩 怎么了 |
[17:36] | Hey. I was, uh, just wondering if you knew | 只想问问你知道 |
[17:38] | why they were delaying the announcement. | 他们推迟声明的原因吗 |
[17:40] | No. Are we delaying the announcement? | 不知道 声明推迟了吗 |
[17:42] | My office just got a call from Eli. | 伊莱刚打电话到我办公室来 |
[17:44] | Did something change? | 情况有变吗 |
[17:45] | I don’t… I don’t know. | 我不…知道 |
[17:46] | Did you call Eli? | 你给伊莱打电话了吗 |
[17:47] | Yes. He’s not returning my calls. | 是的 他没有回我 |
[17:49] | Okay, let me see what I can find out. | 好 我去问问看 |
[17:51] | No, I think it’s just a temporary delay. | 没有 我认为这只是暂时推迟 |
[17:53] | You think? | 你认为 |
[17:54] | Yes. We’re trying to schedule it for another day. | 是的 我们打算改个日期 |
[17:56] | What’s going on, Eli? | 发生什么事了 伊莱 |
[17:59] | Peter won’t sign off on the speech. | 彼得不会在演讲上支持他 |
[18:01] | He asked me who brought Finn to his attention– you or me. | 他问我是谁向他推荐芬恩的 你还是我 |
[18:04] | I did. | 是我 |
[18:04] | I know. Look, let me call you back if I find out more, okay? | 我知道 有更多消息再给你电话行吗 |
[18:14] | Peter? | 彼得 |
[18:16] | Oh. Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[18:17] | No, no, no, no, no, it’s fine. | 不不不 没事 |
[18:18] | It’s fine. Come on in. | 没事 进来 |
[18:19] | Eli, do you know Lauren? | 伊莱 你认识劳伦吗 |
[18:21] | – She’s one of our interns. – I haven’t had the pleasure. | -她是我们的实习生 -还没这荣幸 |
[18:23] | I get your coffee every morning, Mr. Gold. | 我每天早上都给你送咖啡 戈德先生 |
[18:25] | Lauren has started a blog. “Ex… | 劳伦写了个博客 「前… |
[18:27] | Journalism Major”? | 新闻专业」 |
[18:28] | “Journalism Major in Exile.” | 「被放逐的新闻专业」 |
[18:30] | Ah. Anyway, she was hoping | 无所谓 她想要 |
[18:32] | to get an interview with me. | 采访我 |
[18:34] | Just a human interest piece. You know, | 就是有人情味的那种 |
[18:35] | like, what makes you tick, all that. | 就是 你会在意什么 |
[18:38] | Yeah. I like it. | 没错 我喜欢 |
[18:39] | So, let’s put it on the schedule. | 所以 安排个时间吧 |
[18:41] | Mm. Thank you, Mr. Florrick. | 谢谢 福瑞克先生 |
[18:42] | Governor Florrick. | 是福瑞克州长 |
[18:45] | Governor Florrick. | 福瑞克州长 |
[18:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:49] | Oh, by the way, | 对了 |
[18:50] | don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[18:52] | It’s not too red. | 没有太红 |
[18:59] | What’s not too red? | 什么太红 |
[19:01] | Her lipstick. | 她的口红 |
[19:10] | You can go, you stay. | 你可以走了 你留下 |
[19:11] | – What’s your name? – Lauren. | -你叫什么 -劳伦 |
[19:12] | – Take a step back. – What? | -退后一步 -什么 |
[19:13] | Take one step back. | 退后一步 |
[19:17] | You are now 50 feet from the governor’s office. | 你现在不能接近州长办公室50英尺以内 |
[19:19] | Don’t ever cross this line again. | 永远别再越过这条界限 |
[19:21] | You are not to talk to the governor. | 不许和州长说话 |
[19:23] | You’re not to look at the governor. | 不许看州长 |
[19:24] | If the governor talks to you, | 如果州长和你说话 |
[19:25] | you will smile, nod, and say you’re needed in polling | 就微笑点头说要到三楼 |
[19:27] | – on the third floor. – I didn’t do anything wrong. | -忙民调 -我没做什么错事 |
[19:29] | You asked him if your lipstick was red enough. | 你问州长你的口红有没有太红 |
[19:31] | Just for future reference, that’s wrong. | 告诉你 这就是错事 |
[19:33] | – He complimented me on it. – Lauren, | -他先赞扬我的口红的 -劳伦 |
[19:36] | do you want your job? | 你还想要这份工作吗 |
[19:38] | 50 feet. | 50英尺 |
[19:39] | This line. Get it? | 这个界限 明白了吗 |
[19:41] | – Yes. – Good. | -明白 -很好 |
[19:44] | I just want to express my sincere regret | 我只想为我昨天不恰当的措辞 |
[19:47] | for my unfortunate choice of words yesterday. | 表示诚挚的歉意 |
[19:50] | Good job. How’d you do it? | 干得好 你怎么做到的 |
[19:52] | Mr. Fishbein, the Holocaust survivor. | 多亏了大屠杀的幸存者费斯本先生 |
[19:55] | …obviously comparing myself, | …显然将我自己或任何人比作 |
[19:56] | or anyone to Anne Frank was extreme and ill-considered, | 安妮·弗兰克都太极端以且有欠考虑 |
[20:01] | and I want to apologize to anyone | 我想向任何被我的莽撞 |
[20:03] | who may have been offended by my insensitivity… | 冒犯到的人表示歉意… |
[20:06] | – Yup, Alicia got to him. – What? | -艾丽西娅成功了 -什么 |
[20:10] | I understand you’ve come on tonight | 我了解到你是在与大屠杀幸存者会面后 |
[20:11] | after meeting with a Holocaust survivor. | 才决定来上今晚的节目 |
[20:13] | Yes, and I will say that it was an enlightening experience. | 是的 那是一场有启发性的谈话 |
[20:17] | But he understood that these were the words | 但他也明白那些话就是一个自学出来的人 |
[20:19] | of a self-educated man who was struggling for a metaphor. | 刮肠搜肚想出来的一个比方 |
[20:23] | That’s all. | 仅此而已 |
[20:24] | Good, good. | 很好 很好 |
[20:25] | He also understood my frustration with the protestors. | 他也明白我对这些抗议者是多么无奈 |
[20:29] | No. | 不 |
[20:29] | You mean, the backlash against the one percent. | 你是说抵制那百分之一的人吗 |
[20:32] | Is that what I am? | 我是那百分之一吗 |
[20:33] | I always thought I was a guy just trying to make a living. | 我一直觉得自己就是努力维持生计而已 |
[20:35] | Stop talking! | 别说了 |
[20:36] | And your “Frustration,” As you put it, is with those who don’t? | 你的「无奈」是针对那些不努力的人吗 |
[20:39] | Look, a man has to pull his weight. | 每个人都该做好自己分内的事 |
[20:41] | This is America, | 这里是美国 |
[20:42] | and there’s a reason for this being the greatest country in the world. | 它成为世界上最强大的国家不是没理由的 |
[20:45] | We reward winners. | 我们奖励赢家 |
[20:47] | This is not Italy or Greece. | 这不是意大利或者希腊 |
[20:49] | We do not reward the lazy. | 我们不鼓励懒惰 |
[20:52] | Oh, dear God. Someone just throw a blanket over him. | 天哪 真希望有人甩条毯子到他头上 |
[20:54] | Do we have any Greeks or Italians on the jury? | 我们的陪审团里有希腊或者意大利裔吗 |
[20:56] | So, what do you think of Tom Perkins’ | 那你对汤姆·铂金斯所说的 |
[20:57] | suggestion that voting rights should be tied to tax brackets? | 「投票权应与纳税等级挂钩」有何想法 |
[21:01] | Well, I probably shouldn’t say this… | 我或许不该这么说 |
[21:02] | Oh, say it, say it. | 说吧 说吧 |
[21:03] | …but I think there’s some merit to it. | …可我认为这话不无道理 |
[21:06] | Well, we just lost juror number four… | 我们失去四号陪审员了… |
[21:10] | and juror number two… | 还有二号陪审员… |
[21:11] | and possibly two others. Want me to talk to Paisley this time? | 或许还有两个 这次要我和佩斯利谈吗 |
[21:15] | No, I will. | 不 我来 |
[21:18] | Don’t babysit me, Eli. | 别把我当小孩照顾 伊莱 |
[21:20] | – Don’t… – I am an adult. | -别…-我是个成年人 |
[21:22] | If I want Lauren to avoid my office, | 如果我想让劳伦远离我的办公室 |
[21:24] | I will tell her myself. | 我会亲自告诉她 |
[21:27] | Are we talking about that intern? | 我们说的是那个实习生吗 |
[21:28] | Yes, we’re talking about that intern. | 没错 说的就是她 |
[21:30] | I will handle my own life. | 我要自己掌控我的生活 |
[21:32] | – I don’t need you to be making decisions for me. – Peter, | -我不需要你替我做决定 -彼得 |
[21:36] | you are a politician with a reputation. | 你是个有不良名声的政客 |
[21:38] | You can either put that | 你可以让过往成为过往 |
[21:39] | – behind you or… – I will not be… | -或者…-我不会… |
[21:45] | I will not be contained in a bubble. | 我不会把自己束之高阁 |
[21:47] | I have to be with people; that’s who I am. | 我得和人民在一起 那才是我 |
[21:50] | Okay, if this were a normal conversation, | 好吧 如果这是闲谈 |
[21:52] | I would now make fun of you for saying that | 我会拿你把「实习生劳伦」 |
[21:53] | “Lauren the intern” is people. | 当做人民这事儿来开玩笑 |
[21:56] | ‘Cause I can find you | 因为你所谓的人民 |
[21:56] | people in the supermarket or the Shop ‘n Save. | 在超市或者打折店到处都是 |
[21:58] | But this doesn’t seem to be a normal conversation, | 但这看来不是闲聊 |
[22:00] | – so what the hell’s going on? – Nothing’s going on. | -所以到底是怎么回事 -没事 |
[22:02] | I’m just tired of being cooped up. | 我只是受够被禁锢了 |
[22:05] | So plan your vacation with Alicia. | 那你跟艾丽西娅计划去度假啊 |
[22:06] | No. Oh, come on, Peter, you deserve it. | 不行 拜托 彼得 你也该去度个假了 |
[22:08] | – Let me call her. – No. No. | -我打电话给她 -不 不 |
[22:10] | – Please. – Why not? | -拜托了 -为什么不 |
[22:12] | Well, Alicia and I… | 艾丽西娅和我 |
[22:18] | – Peter… Peter… – It’s okay. | -彼得 彼得 -没事了 |
[22:32] | Alicia. | 艾丽西娅 |
[22:33] | Do you have time to talk for a minute? | 你有空谈谈吗 |
[22:36] | No, I-I’m coming over. | 不 我过去 |
[22:47] | Mom, do we really have to do this right now? | 妈妈 我们真的得现在做这个吗 |
[22:48] | Come on, it’ll only take five minutes. | 快点 就五分钟的事 |
[22:50] | Come on, your grandma wants a picture of you. | 快点 你外婆想要张你的照片 |
[22:54] | I’ll get it. | 我去吧 |
[22:55] | Oh, it’s probably Eli. | 很可能是伊莱 |
[22:57] | Great. More people to come make fun of me. | 好极了 又多了个取笑我的人 |
[22:59] | Hey. Mom’s in here. | 你好 妈妈在里面 |
[23:05] | You look great. | 你看上去棒极了 |
[23:06] | All right, that’s enough. | 好了 够了啊 |
[23:07] | No, no, no. I need a picture. Over here. | 不 不 我要拍张照 这边 |
[23:10] | Come over here. | 到这边来 |
[23:12] | – What’s up, Eli? – Nothing much. | -怎么了 伊莱 -没什么事 |
[23:13] | Just need a few minutes. | 只需几分钟 |
[23:15] | – Zach. Grace. – Hi. | -扎克 格蕾丝 -你好 |
[23:17] | You sound so formal. | 你听上去很正式 |
[23:18] | No. I’m just… – Be happy. | 没有 我只是 高兴 |
[23:20] | Be happy. | 高兴一点 |
[23:21] | watching a family… | 看着一个家庭 |
[23:25] | …be a family. | 其乐融融 |
[23:28] | Okay, Okay. | 好了 好 |
[23:29] | Wait up, wait up. | 等等 等等 |
[23:31] | – Want some? – Uh, n-no. | -想喝点吗 -不了 |
[23:38] | So, what do we need to discuss away from the kids? | 我们要谈什么需要避开孩子们 |
[23:45] | Peter and you. | 彼得和你 |
[23:46] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[23:48] | – Shoot. – What’s going on with Peter and you? | -继续 -你和彼得怎么了 |
[23:51] | Why? | 问这个干嘛 |
[23:53] | Because I get the sense that there’s something going on. | 因为我感觉有事 |
[23:57] | Did Peter say something? | 彼得说了什么吗 |
[23:58] | No. Peter specifically did not say something. | 没有 彼得就是什么也没说 |
[24:00] | Then why are you asking? | 那你为什么要问 |
[24:04] | Because I care. | 因为我关心 |
[24:07] | What? I do care. | 怎么 我确实关心 |
[24:11] | Even if only on the most cynical level, | 即使是出于愤世嫉俗的角度 |
[24:12] | but I want Peter to stay in office. | 我也希望彼得能留在州政府 |
[24:16] | Then ask Peter. | 那去问彼得吧 |
[24:20] | Is this about Will dying? | 跟威尔的死有关吗 |
[24:24] | This is about everything. | 跟一切都有关 |
[24:29] | I’m just tired, Eli. | 我就是累了 伊莱 |
[24:32] | I’m just done. | 我受够了 |
[24:34] | – You’re getting a divorce? – No. | -你要离婚吗 -不 |
[24:36] | Then what? | 那要怎样 |
[24:40] | We’re staying together, but that’s it. | 我们会继续在一起 但仅此而已 |
[24:41] | Whatever Peter does… | 无论彼得做什么 |
[24:43] | I don’t want the kids to find out. | 我不希望孩子们发现 |
[24:45] | Oh, my… God. | 我的个天哪 |
[24:47] | I can’t believe… this is crazy. | 我真不敢相信 这太疯狂了 |
[24:49] | I have to go hem a robe. | 我要去缝长袍了 |
[24:49] | It was good seeing you, Eli. | 很高兴见到你 伊莱 |
[24:50] | Alicia, you’re hurting– that’s all. | 艾丽西娅 你受伤了 仅此而已 |
[24:54] | I’ve been watching you over the last year with Peter. | 我看着你和彼得去年在一起 |
[24:56] | You love him. | 你爱他 |
[24:59] | And if you don’t, he loves you. | 如果你不爱他 他爱你 |
[25:12] | Not buying what you’re selling, Nate. | 我可不买你的帐 内特 |
[25:17] | Well, fine. Just make it fast. | 好吧 快一点 |
[25:21] | – You need me? – What’s he offering you? Who? | -你找我吗 -他给你开了什么条件 谁 |
[25:23] | Canning. To vote his way against my class action. | 坎宁 来投票反对我的共同诉讼 |
[25:26] | Nothing. We share a philosophy, that’s all. | 什么也没有 我们理念一样 就这样 |
[25:28] | Money trumps everything? | 金钱胜过一切吗 |
[25:30] | Well, it is why we’re in business, isn’t it? | 这是我们做生意的原因 不是吗 |
[25:32] | Fine. Two words: Rayna Hecht. | 好 两个词 蕾娜·赫特 |
[25:37] | The rainmaker? | 那个摇钱树吗 |
[25:38] | She brought me this class action. | 是她给我这个共同诉讼的 |
[25:41] | It’s important to her. | 这对她很重要 |
[25:42] | Important enough to bring her here? | 重要到能让她跳槽来这里吗 |
[25:45] | She told me she’s finding life with Tascioni a bit, uh… | 她说她觉得跟塔肖尼合作有点 |
[25:48] | too constricting. | 太受限制 |
[25:49] | – And you can deliver? – I’m giving my final presentation | -你能促成她来 -我两天内会向 |
[25:52] | to the executive committee in two days. | 执行委员会作最终报告 |
[25:54] | Rayna will present as well. | 蕾娜也会在场 |
[25:55] | Well, if it’s true, I’m all yours. | 如果是真的 我就站在你这边 |
[25:58] | Your Honor, we have no objections to seating Mr. Rizzardi– | 法官阁下 我们不反对里扎尔迪先生当陪审员 |
[26:00] | he seems like he’d make a great juror. | 他看上去会是很棒的陪审员 |
[26:02] | Your Honor, we’d like to exercise | 法官阁下 我们想行使 |
[26:03] | one of our peremptory challenges. | 一次无因回避权 |
[26:05] | For what? Why? What’s wrong with him? | 因为什么 为什么 他有什么问题吗 |
[26:07] | Nothing’s wrong with him. | 他没任何问题 |
[26:08] | That’s why we’re exercising our peremptory challenge. | 所以我们要行使无因回避 |
[26:11] | It’s because he’s Italian, isn’t it? | 因为他是意大利人 对吗 |
[26:12] | It is our right… | 这是我们的权利 |
[26:15] | That’s enough! | 够了 |
[26:17] | Mr. Rizzardi, you’re excused. | 里扎尔迪先生 你可以出去了 |
[26:19] | He’s still up by two jurors. | 他还是多出两个陪审员 |
[26:23] | Unless we can disqualify one. | 除非我们能让其中一个不合格 |
[26:27] | Your Honor, | 法官阁下 |
[26:28] | may we approach again? | 我们可以上前说话吗 |
[26:29] | Faster the better. Come on. | 越快越好 快点 |
[26:34] | Your Honor, my apologies, but I believe that | 法官阁下 抱歉 我认为 |
[26:36] | one of Mr. Canning’s… I mean, | 坎宁先生的一个 我是说 |
[26:38] | one of the jurors that’s already been seated may have been biased | 有个已经被确认的陪审员可能会因 |
[26:40] | by my client’s most recent comments. | 我当事人的评论而存在偏见 |
[26:42] | Your Honor, this is outrageous. | 法官阁下 这太过分了 |
[26:43] | We’ve already agreed on each one of these jurors. | 我们已经对所有陪审员达成了合意 |
[26:44] | Outrageous, we say. | 太过分了 |
[26:46] | Yes, Your Honor, | 是的 法官阁下 |
[26:47] | but if a statement has been made | 但如果有一份已经在媒体发布的声明 |
[26:48] | in the press that would render | 会让他们其中之一 |
[26:50] | one of them incapable of being fair and unbiased, | 无法保持公平 无偏见的话 |
[26:52] | well, it’s like Mr. Canning said: | 就像坎宁先生说的 |
[26:53] | we all want a fair jury. | 我们都想要一个公平的陪审团 |
[26:56] | So, Ms. Economus, you heard my client | 艾可诺莫女士 你听说过我的客户 |
[26:58] | -Mr. Paisley’s latest comments? – No. | -佩斯利先生最近的评论了吗 -没有 |
[27:01] | I mean, I didn’t hear them directly– | 我是说 我没有直接听到 |
[27:02] | a girlfriend of mine | 我的一个女性朋友 |
[27:04] | – mentioned something about it. – I see. So, | -跟我提起过 -我明白了 所以 |
[27:06] | as a Greek person, how did you feel | 作为一个希腊人 你对 |
[27:09] | about his comments about Greece as a country? | 他就希腊这个国家的评论有何感想 |
[27:11] | – This is ridiculous. – I’m from Skokie. | -简直就是荒谬 -我斯科基市人 |
[27:13] | Yes, but your heritage is Greek, isn’t it? | 是 但是你父母是希腊人 不是吗 |
[27:15] | Well, sure. Both sides. | 当然 两个都是 |
[27:17] | So, uh, you must have been offended | 那你肯定被 |
[27:19] | when Mr. Paisley said that if America starts rewarding losers | 佩斯利先生「如果美国开始奖励失败者 |
[27:23] | instead of winners, | 而不是胜利者 |
[27:24] | we’ll end up like Greece. | 我们就会变成希腊」的言论冒犯到 |
[27:27] | Uh, y-you know, now that you mention it, yeah, | 既然你提到了 是的 |
[27:30] | it was very offensive. | 非常无礼 |
[27:33] | You have an agreement? | 你们有个协议 |
[27:35] | You and Alicia? | 你和艾丽西娅 |
[27:37] | You talked with my wife? | 你跟我妻子谈过吗 |
[27:38] | I did. That’s why the intern? | 是的 实习生的事是因为这个吗 |
[27:42] | Eli, I don’t pry into your life. | 伊莱 我可没窥探你的生活 |
[27:44] | I don’t have a life; your life is my life. | 我没有生活 你的生活就是我的生活 |
[27:46] | Then let me live. | 那就让我生活 |
[27:48] | So no divorce? | 不离婚吗 |
[27:49] | And you and Alicia can do whatever you want | 只要没人知道 你和艾丽西娅 |
[27:51] | as long as no one knows? | 就可以做各自想做的事 |
[27:53] | Is that what she told you? | 她是这么告诉你的吗 |
[27:55] | Just so you know, Peter, I have worked before | 如你所知 彼得 我以前跟 |
[27:57] | with politicians who have made arrangements | 那些设法不让自己的婚外情 |
[27:59] | to keep their extramarital activities from becoming public. | 被曝光的政治家工作过 |
[28:02] | It doesn’t work; it will always come out. | 行不通的 都会曝光 |
[28:04] | Doesn’t matter who– an intern, | 不论是谁 实习生 |
[28:06] | a donor, your biggest fan… | 捐赠人 你的头号粉丝 |
[28:09] | they all want to talk. | 他们都会说 |
[28:11] | They’ll promise not to, | 他们会承诺不说 |
[28:12] | but they will… talk. | 但他们会说 |
[28:14] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[28:17] | And sometimes things come out when they don’t talk. | 有时候他们不说也会出事 |
[28:23] | Where’d this come from? | 这是哪来的 |
[28:26] | What was that, Peter? | 那是什么 彼得 |
[28:29] | Let’s not discuss it. | 别谈这个了 |
[28:32] | We’ve got work to do. | 还要干活儿呢 |
[28:35] | Ah, Alicia. | 艾丽西娅 |
[28:37] | Do you have some Greeks and Italians for me to meet? | 有希腊人和意大利人要引见给我吗 |
[28:40] | You’re going to issue a statement | 你要发表一项声明 |
[28:41] | saying that you’re giving a million dollars to charity, | 宣布将一百万美元捐作慈善 |
[28:44] | and that you do not believe voting should be | 还要说你并不认为投票权 |
[28:46] | – tied with a person’s tax bracket. – What if I don’t believe that? | -应与个人税级挂钩 -如果我不干呢 |
[28:51] | You think I should have less of a vote than you? | 你觉得我代表的票数应该比你少吗 |
[28:53] | Well, I don’t know; how much do you make? | 不知道 你得了多少票 |
[28:55] | Mr. Paisley, I know you. | 佩斯利先生 我了解你 |
[28:56] | I know you like to think of yourself as blunt and direct. | 我知道你喜欢觉得自己坦率直接 |
[29:00] | – But this isn’t just blunt. – No, you don’t know me. | -但这已不仅是坦率了 -不 你不了解我 |
[29:02] | You think this is hubris. | 你觉得我这是傲慢 |
[29:05] | I built a business from nothing. | 我白手起家 打拼出自己的生意 |
[29:07] | In ’99, I lost it in the tech bust. | 99年因科技股泡沫破裂破产 |
[29:10] | And I built it up again. | 可我重新做大了生意 |
[29:12] | From nothing. | 还是白手起家 |
[29:13] | You’re not poor now, Mr. Paisley. | 你现在不穷了 佩斯利先生 |
[29:14] | Neither are you. | 你也是 |
[29:16] | I’ve seen your bills. | 我见过你的账单 |
[29:17] | You may choose to disguise it | 你虽然把这儿布置得这么朴素 |
[29:19] | in all these earthy surroundings, but… | 想掩盖你很富有的事实 但… |
[29:22] | you are the one percent. | 你就是那百分之一 |
[29:26] | Did you know my company is developing | 你知道我的公司 |
[29:28] | a gene that will prolong a person’s life? | 在研究延长寿命的基因吗 |
[29:32] | We are…. | 我们就是… |
[29:34] | – the one percent. – Then what are you worried about? | -那百分之一 -那你担心什么 |
[29:36] | You’re winning. | 你已经是人生赢家了 |
[29:37] | You have a lot of things, Mr. Paisley– | 你拥有很多东西 佩斯利先生 |
[29:39] | why do you feel so cornered? | 你为什么会觉得走投无路 |
[29:42] | Because there are more people who want than people who have. | 因为想得到的人比真拥有的人多得多 |
[29:45] | Read Ayn Rand. | 去读读艾茵·兰德的书 |
[29:46] | Oh, dear God. | 天啊 |
[29:47] | Have you read her books? They’re awful. | 你读过她的书吗 真是吓人 |
[29:49] | Well, they weren’t meant to be Moby-Dick, | 它们并非像「白鲸」那样让人害怕 |
[29:51] | they were meant to make you think. | 而是想引人思考 |
[29:53] | A guy bombs a building, the rich go out on strike– | 一个家伙炸毁大楼 富人实行罢工 |
[29:56] | I-it’s a 12-year-old’s view of the world. | 这就是十二岁孩子眼中的世界 |
[29:58] | It’s like basing your philosophy on the books of John Grisham. | 哲学观好像从约翰·格里森姆的小说里来的 |
[30:02] | You should reread them. | 你应该重新读读 |
[30:03] | Mr. Paisley, | 佩斯利先生 |
[30:04] | – you’ve always told me that you are a bottom-line kind of guy. – I am. | -你常说你是个有底线的人 -对 |
[30:08] | So here’s the bottom line. We’re losing jury members. | 这就是底线了 我们正失去陪审员的支持 |
[30:11] | And the fund managers are getting nervous. | 基金管理人对此紧张不安 |
[30:13] | If it continues, | 如果继续这样 |
[30:14] | they may not support this merger. | 他们可能不再支持合并 |
[30:16] | And what’s worse, you’re in a media death spiral. | 更糟的是 你陷入了媒体的死亡漩涡 |
[30:20] | No matter what you say, you will never get a fair interpretation. | 无论你说什么 都得不到公正的解释 |
[30:23] | – You have to put out a statement. – Another apology. | -你必须发表声明 -又是道歉 |
[30:25] | No. A statement. | 不 是声明 |
[30:28] | We’ll hire a PR firm, | 我们要雇佣一家公关公司 |
[30:30] | using a focus group to find the right words. | 让焦点小组讨论出合适的措辞 |
[30:32] | As long as I don’t have to answer questions again. | 只要我不用再回答问题 |
[30:34] | You won’t. | 不用 |
[30:35] | And as long as you do it for me. | 只要你为我打点好 |
[30:41] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[30:44] | We’re seeing a lot of each other, Eli. | 我们最近经常见面啊 伊莱 |
[30:45] | Are you sleeping with Finn Polmar? | 你在跟芬恩·波尔马上床吗 |
[30:59] | Ask me another question. | 换个问题 |
[31:01] | I don’t have any other questions. | 没有其他问题了 |
[31:02] | Then go to hell. | 那就去死吧 |
[31:07] | There is a photo of Finn leaving your apartment. | 有张照片拍到芬恩离开你的公寓 |
[31:10] | Where? | 在哪 |
[31:13] | – Outside your apartment. – No. Where’s the photo? | -你公寓外面 -不 照片在哪 |
[31:16] | Peter had it. | 在彼得手里 |
[31:18] | Now, I have some worries here. | 我有点担心 |
[31:20] | Peter, you, Finn. | 彼得 你 芬恩 |
[31:22] | The politics of all three. | 一箭三雕 |
[31:24] | Castro. | 卡斯特罗 |
[31:25] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[31:27] | This is the reply we were waiting for. | 这就是我们等来的答复 |
[31:29] | The state’s attorney did not send it to Finn. | 州检察官没把它寄给芬恩 |
[31:33] | He sent it to Peter. | 而是寄给了彼得 |
[31:39] | I did not sleep with Finn. | 我没跟芬恩上床 |
[31:42] | He came to my apartment the morning of his appearance | 他出席诚信审查当天一早 |
[31:46] | before the Integrity Panel | 去了我的公寓 |
[31:47] | so we could get our strategy lined up, that’s all. | 好统一口径 仅此而已 |
[31:55] | I am sorry for asking. | 抱歉问了这些 |
[31:58] | That’s okay. | 没事 |
[32:00] | We seem to share everything these days. | 这些天我们有点无话不谈了 |
[32:20] | Don’t. | 别接 |
[32:24] | I have to. | 我必须接 |
[32:26] | Odd choice. | 爱江山不爱美人 |
[32:29] | Hello? Yes. | 喂 对 |
[32:33] | Yes, that’s great. | 太好了 |
[32:37] | 10:00 a.m. is fine. | 上午十点没问题 |
[32:40] | Okay. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[32:41] | Tell Ms. Hecht we’re looking forward to it. | 告诉赫特女士我们很期待这次见面 |
[32:44] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[32:45] | I can turn it off now. | 现在可以关机了 |
[32:46] | You’re meeting with Rayna Hecht? | 你要跟蕾娜·赫特见面 |
[32:53] | Kalinda, we’re not doing this anymore. | 凯琳达 我们不能再这样了 |
[32:59] | Hello. You’ve reached the voice mail for Rayna Hecht. | 您好 这里是蕾娜·赫特的语音信箱 |
[33:02] | Please leave a message. | 请留言 |
[33:04] | Rayna. Uh, Diane Lockhart. | 蕾娜 我是戴安·洛哈特 |
[33:06] | I was expecting you here at, uh, noon, and it’s now 1:30. | 我以为你要中午来 可现在都一点半了 |
[33:10] | I hope nothing’s wrong. | 希望没出什么事 |
[33:12] | Please call me. | 请回电 |
[33:14] | What time was her meeting with Florrick-Agos? | 她几点跟福瑞克&艾格斯律所会面 |
[33:17] | 10:00 a.m. | 十点 |
[33:19] | Thank you, Kalinda. | 谢谢 凯琳达 |
[33:24] | She’s not coming, is she? | 她不来了 对吗 |
[33:26] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[33:27] | Is she still in play? | 她还在找地方吗 |
[33:30] | Diane? | 戴安 |
[33:32] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[33:35] | Let’s get this over with. | 先把事情做完 |
[33:39] | It’s not what you think. | 不是你想的那样 |
[33:41] | You talked to Alicia? | 你跟艾丽西娅谈过了 |
[33:42] | I did, and it is not what you think. | 对 事实不是你想的那样 |
[33:44] | And what do I think? | 我怎么想的 |
[33:45] | That Alicia’s sleeping with Finn. She’s not. | 你以为艾丽西娅跟芬恩上床了 她没有 |
[33:47] | She represented him during Castro’s witch hunt, | 芬恩被卡斯特罗陷害时 她为他辩护 |
[33:49] | and on the day of his hearing, | 听证会那天 |
[33:51] | she was running late, because she was… | 她迟了 因为她在… |
[33:54] | Mourning… Will. | 哀悼威尔 |
[33:57] | exhausted. | 她累坏了 |
[34:00] | So Finn went over there to meet with her. That’s all. | 于是芬恩去她那里见她 就是这样 |
[34:03] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[34:06] | Thanks. | 谢了 |
[34:07] | – Peter… – No, no, no. Really, thanks. I get it. | -彼得 -不 真的谢了 我知道了 |
[34:13] | Okay, and how many of you like option number two? | 好的 有多少人喜欢选项二 |
[34:19] | And we have a winner. | 结果出来了 |
[34:20] | Have you ever focus-grouped an apology before? | 你雇焦点小组讨论过道歉词吗 |
[34:22] | No. A marriage proposal once. | 没有 讨论过求婚誓词 |
[34:25] | Oh, you’re kidding me. | 你逗我吧 |
[34:26] | He was a comic book writer. | 他是个漫画作家 |
[34:27] | He was terrible with women. It was David Lee’s idea. | 不擅长应付女人 是大卫·李的主意 |
[34:29] | They liked number two. | 他们喜欢第二个 |
[34:30] | Oh, great, the one he didn’t like. | 好极了 这是他不喜欢的那个 |
[34:32] | – He doesn’t get to vote. – And, uh, two people | -他没得选 -有两人建议 |
[34:34] | suggested “Backed into a corner” instead of pushed. | 把「推至绝境」改为「逼至绝境」 |
[34:37] | No. “Pushed” is better. | 不 「推」更好 |
[34:39] | “Backed” is to passive. | 「逼」太消极了 |
[34:40] | Okay, what’s the final version? | 最终版本是什么样的 |
[34:44] | “Anyone who knows me knows I’ve have a tendency | 「了解我的人都知道 我一旦被推至绝境 |
[34:46] | “to bristle when pushed into a corner. | 便会狂怒不已 |
[34:49] | I end up saying things that I not only regret…” | 最后说出的话让自己后悔」 |
[34:52] | But truly do not believe. | 也非出自真心 |
[34:54] | My comments were thoughtless, | 我的言论有欠考虑 |
[34:56] | and I’m sorry if I offended anyone. | 如有冒犯 还请见谅 |
[34:58] | More to the point– and I want to be clear– | 更重要的是 我想澄清一点 |
[35:01] | it’s no one’s fault if they are poor. | 贫穷并不是穷人的错 |
[35:04] | And you feel that was a sincere apology, Mrs. Florrick? | 你觉得那道歉真诚吗 福瑞克女士 |
[35:06] | Yes, I do. I believe that Mr. Paisley’s feelings were summed up | 是的 我觉得佩斯利先生今天的话 |
[35:10] | by the words he spoke today. | 总结了他的感受 |
[35:11] | Words that he has lived by his entire life. | 这才是他毕生所遵循的信念 |
[35:14] | Not by the few sentences he spoke two days ago. | 而不是他两天前说的几句话 |
[35:17] | Well, you’re a paid flack. Don’t you have to say that? | 你是拿了钱替他做宣传 必须得这么说吧 |
[35:20] | I’m his lawyer, Steve. | 我是他的律师 史蒂夫 |
[35:23] | Donald. I’m the other one. | 唐纳德 我是另一个主持人 |
[35:26] | My apologies, Donald. | 抱歉 唐纳德 |
[35:27] | In my own experience, Mr. Paisley is a sincere man | 据我所知 佩斯利先生是个真诚的人 |
[35:32] | who spoke today from his heart. | 今天所说都是肺腑之言 |
[35:35] | But let’s be honest. | 但老实说 |
[35:36] | The poor aren’t the only ones he’s disparaged. | 穷人不是唯一被他毁谤的人 |
[35:38] | Isn’t he being sued for firing someone who’s gay? | 他不是正因为解雇同性恋而被起诉吗 |
[35:41] | That is not true, Don. | 那不是真的 唐 |
[35:42] | Actually, this is Don. Don Keats. | 实际上 我才是唐 唐·济慈 |
[35:44] | Steven is the black guy to my right. | 史蒂文是我右边的这位黑人 |
[35:48] | Um… my apologies. | 抱歉 |
[35:50] | I don’t have a monitor here. | 我这里没有显示屏 |
[35:53] | Why don’t I just stop using names? | 我还是不要叫名字了吧 |
[35:55] | Sure. That’s easiest for you. | 当然可以 这样对你最方便了 |
[35:57] | There wasn’t a monitor in the room! | 那间房间没有显示屏 |
[35:59] | I couldn’t see them! | 我看不见他们 |
[36:00] | You don’t have to convince me. | 你不必说服我 |
[36:02] | Yeah, but they’re making me out to look like a racist. | 但他们把我弄得像个种族主义者 |
[36:06] | Hello. | 你好 |
[36:08] | Oh, boy. | 天哪 |
[36:10] | Mr. Paisley? | 佩斯利先生 |
[36:13] | I think you should be working up an apology, Alicia. | 我觉得你应该准备下道歉稿 艾丽西娅 |
[36:18] | Thank you, Ms. Bouchard. | 谢谢 布沙尔女士 |
[36:19] | Your Honor, we’re fine with this juror. | 法官大人 我们对这名陪审员没有异议 |
[36:21] | Ms. Bouchard, you are empanelled. | 布沙尔女士 你被选入陪审团了 |
[36:23] | And that, amazingly, | 至此 我们的审查程序 |
[36:25] | completes our selection process. | 终于不可思议地结束了 |
[36:27] | We’ll take a short recess. | 我们短暂休息一下 |
[36:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:30] | Okay, she puts us over the top seven to five. | 好了 她使我们有了7比5的优势 |
[36:35] | Uh, I don’t think so. | 我不这么觉得 |
[36:40] | Well, I’m afraid by my count, that makes us deadlocked. | 抱歉据我计算 这是一个平局 |
[36:42] | Six-six. | 6比6 |
[36:45] | What do you propose, Mr. Canning? | 你有什么提议 坎宁先生 |
[36:47] | $5 million. | 五百万 |
[36:49] | I think Mr. Paisley will find it cheap in the long run. | 我想从长远看佩斯利先生会发现这其实很便宜 |
[37:03] | Hey, have you seen the news? | 你看新闻了吗 |
[37:04] | Oh, God, what now? | 天哪 又怎么了 |
[37:05] | No, no, no, it’s good. | 不不不 是好消息 |
[37:10] | The state attorney general’s office today | 州检察办公室今天 |
[37:11] | expanded its pharmaceutical investigation | 扩大了药业调查范围 |
[37:14] | to include Kael Pepper Laboratories, | 加入了奇尔·佩珀实验室 |
[37:16] | a multinational company that’s been accused | 一个被起诉 |
[37:19] | of price gouging patients in the distribution | 在艾滋病药物销售的过程中 |
[37:21] | of their AIDS medication Reyacept. | 哄抬物价的跨国公司 |
[37:22] | – What-what am I supposed to see? – Just watch. | -你要让我看什么 -往下看 |
[37:24] | No comment, no comment. | 无可奉告 无可奉告 |
[37:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[37:29] | Oh, that’s good. | 太棒了 |
[37:31] | Very clever, but it’s not gonna work. | 很聪明 但不会得逞的 |
[37:33] | What won’t? | 什么不会得逞 |
[37:35] | Juror number seven. | 7号陪审员 |
[37:36] | You think because he’s gay | 你觉得他是同性恋 |
[37:37] | he’ll hate that I represent a firm that was accused | 所以会因为我代理一家 |
[37:40] | of price gouging AIDS medication, | 哄抬艾滋病药物价格的公司而反感我 |
[37:42] | but you forget he occupied Wall Street for six straight weeks. | 但你忘记他参与了整整六周的占领华尔街运动 |
[37:45] | He slept in a cardboard box on the sidewalk, | 他睡在人行道上的纸箱里 |
[37:48] | and that’s what he cares about. | 那才是他真正在乎的 |
[37:50] | He’s gay. | 他是同性恋 |
[37:51] | Hmm, I didn’t know that. | 我之前还不知道 |
[37:53] | That’s not the juror you should worry about, Mr. Canning. | 那不是你该担心的陪审员 坎宁先生 |
[37:56] | It’s juror number five, | 该担心的是5号陪审员 |
[37:57] | Joanne Honig. | 乔安妮·霍尼格 |
[37:58] | You don’t remember? | 你不记得了吗 |
[38:00] | Her son died last year. | 她儿子去年死了 |
[38:02] | Aids. | 艾滋病 |
[38:03] | It’s a tragedy. | 真是个悲剧 |
[38:09] | $2 million. | 两百万 |
[38:10] | $500,000. | 五十万 |
[38:10] | $1 million and it’s a drop in the bucket. | 一百万 这对你们来说是九牛一毛 |
[38:12] | And besides, none of us knows for sure | 再者 我们谁都不能确定 |
[38:15] | what any of these jurors are gonna do anyway, do we? | 这些陪审员到底会如何决定 不是吗 |
[38:24] | It’s a deal, Mr. Canning, but stick to it this time. | 成交 坎宁先生 不过这次请信守承诺 |
[38:29] | Diane, | 戴安 |
[38:31] | I’m sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[38:32] | I don’t think it’s gonna work out. | 我觉得这样下去不行 |
[38:36] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[38:38] | I have concerns. | 我有疑虑 |
[38:40] | What concerns? | 什么疑虑 |
[38:42] | Just things I’m hearing. | 我听到一些传言 |
[38:45] | Such as? | 比如呢 |
[38:46] | Such as… | 比如 |
[38:49] | that you’re having trouble putting Will’s death behind you. | 你没法走出威尔去世的阴影 |
[38:51] | That you’re stepping away from the day-to-day management of the firm. | 你对律所的日常管理有所怠慢 |
[38:55] | You’re losing clients. | 你在流失客户 |
[38:55] | None of that is true. | 那些都不是真的 |
[38:59] | Lyle Pollard? | 莱尔·波拉德呢 |
[39:01] | I withdrew from that case to avoid suborning perjury. | 我退出那案子是为了避免被唆使做伪证 |
[39:04] | You would’ve done the same, | 如果是你也会这么做的 |
[39:05] | and where are you hearing all of this? | 你从哪儿听说这些的 |
[39:06] | I’d rather not say. | 我还是不要说比较好 |
[39:07] | Was it Florrick-Agos? | 是福瑞克&艾格斯律所吗 |
[39:09] | Is that where you’re going? | 你是要去那儿吗 |
[39:10] | I don’t know where I’m going yet. | 我还不确定要去哪里 |
[39:12] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[39:14] | I wish it could’ve worked out, Diane. | 我也希望我们能够合作 |
[39:17] | I’d like you to keep the class action. | 我希望你保留共同诉讼的案子 |
[39:18] | You don’t understand. | 你不明白 |
[39:20] | I’ve lost the class action. | 我已经失去了共同诉讼的案子 |
[39:22] | Without you, I didn’t have the votes. | 没有你 我就没有选票 |
[39:24] | What votes? | 什么选票 |
[39:27] | It doesn’t matter now. | 现在都不重要了 |
[39:29] | If you would like, I will, uh, | 如果你愿意 我可以 |
[39:31] | help you find new counsel. | 帮你找到新的顾问 |
[39:32] | Diane… | 戴安 |
[39:35] | I am sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[39:48] | Why’d you do it? | 你为什么这么做 |
[39:50] | Diane. | 戴安 |
[39:51] | Why did I… what are we talking about? | 为什么我 你在说什么 |
[39:52] | You want to make a play for Rayna Hecht, | 你想得到蕾娜·赫特 |
[39:53] | by all means, have a meeting and make your pitch, | 尽管放马过来 安排会面推销你自己 |
[39:56] | but to denigrate me, | 但来诋毁我 |
[39:57] | to spread lies about my dedication to my firm! | 散布谣言质疑我对律所付出的心力 |
[40:00] | – Diane! – We had a meeting scheduled with Rayna. | -戴安 -我们跟蕾娜安排了会面 |
[40:03] | I mean, she was here, but the meeting never happened. | 她来了 但并没有进行会面 |
[40:05] | She left. | 她提前离开了 |
[40:07] | – She left? – Yes. | -她离开了吗 -是的 |
[40:08] | She got a call from Canning, and then she left. | 她接到坎宁的电话就离开了 |
[40:11] | I just assumed that she made up her mind to go with you. | 我以为她决定选择你了 |
[40:19] | Canning poisoned the well | 是坎宁 |
[40:21] | at his own firm. | 对自己的律所暗中使坏 |
[40:23] | So you’re being marginalized | 所以你在洛&加律所 |
[40:24] | by the partnership at Lockhart/Gardner? | 被合伙人边缘化了吗 |
[40:25] | Well, I know what that’s like. | 我知道那是什么感受 |
[40:26] | Diane, | 戴安 |
[40:28] | if there’s anything we can do… | 如果有什么我们能做的 |
[40:29] | Alicia, this is not our fight. | 艾丽西娅 这不是我们的战斗 |
[40:31] | – Cary… – No. | -凯里 -没错 |
[40:34] | He’s right. | 他说得对 |
[40:36] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[40:38] | It’s my fight. | 这是我的战斗 |
[41:22] | Not now, Eli. | 现在不行 伊莱 |
[41:25] | Do you need anything else, sir? | 你还有什么需要吗 先生 |