时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:42] | No, no. | 不要不要 |
[00:43] | D-Don’t put me on hold. | 别转等待提示 |
[00:44] | I need tickets for… | 我需要订票… |
[00:54] | Oh, come on! | 搞什么 |
[01:01] | Gosh. | 天啊 |
[01:02] | Hello, this is Ticket Hunt. | 你好 这里是猎票网 |
[01:04] | How may I help you? | 请问您有什么需要 |
[01:04] | Oh, oh, yes, yes. | 好好好 |
[01:05] | Good, good, a live person. | 太好了 终于有活人了 |
[01:07] | Yes, I-I need two tickets | 是这样 我需要两张 |
[01:09] | for the Neil Diamond concert tonight. I… | 今晚尼尔·戴蒙德音乐会的门票 我 |
[01:11] | Okay, let me check availability. | 好的 请让我查一下订票情况 |
[01:13] | No, no. D-Don’t put me on hold. | 不不 别让我等啦 |
[01:15] | It’s for my wife and my anniversary tonight. | 今晚是我和我妻子的结婚周年纪念 |
[01:17] | It’s for t… t… | 是为了 |
[01:19] | Oh, God. | 上帝啊 |
[01:25] | What’s this? | 这是什么 |
[01:27] | Where’s carrot? | 胡萝卜蛋糕呢 |
[01:28] | They didn’t have carrot, | 他们没有胡萝卜的 |
[01:29] | they just had banana walnut. | 店里只有香蕉核桃的 |
[01:31] | I don’t like banana walnut. | 我不喜欢香蕉核桃蛋糕 |
[01:33] | You’re needed in court, Your Honor. | 您得上庭了 法官阁下 |
[01:38] | All rise. | 全体起立 |
[01:42] | Okay, everybody sit. | 好 大家坐吧 |
[01:44] | Your Honor, I would like… | 法官阁下 我想… |
[01:45] | No. Ms. Pine– what are you doing on your phone? | 等等 派恩女士 你弄着手机搞什么呢 |
[01:47] | If I can’t be on my phone, you can’t be on your phone either. | 既然我不能摸手机 你也不能摸 |
[01:51] | This is… this is not carrot. | 这…这不是胡萝卜的 |
[01:54] | This… this is berry of some kind. | 这是浆果什么的吧 |
[01:57] | Oh, Mrs. Florrick, how are you this morning? | 福瑞克夫人 今早还好吧 |
[02:00] | Showing your support? | 支持率公布了吧 |
[02:01] | Hello, Your Honor. | 您好 法官阁下 |
[02:01] | I’m surprised that you made time for us. | 我很意外你居然还为我们抽出了时间 |
[02:03] | You know, running for State’s Attorney and everything. | 你看 你还得参选州检察官什么的 |
[02:06] | Anyway, everybody in my chambers for a 402. | 总之 所有人到内庭来进行402认罪协商 |
[02:09] | You, you, you and you. | 你 你 你还有你 |
[02:11] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[02:13] | I don’t think I’m much help here. | 我觉得我在这里没多大帮助 |
[02:14] | We’ll call if we need you. | 有需要我们会打给你的 |
[02:16] | Cary. | 凯里 |
[02:17] | It’s odd to be on this side. | 当被告的感觉真奇怪 |
[02:19] | I know. | 我懂 |
[02:21] | So, where are we at? | 现在具体什么进展 |
[02:25] | Because I really don’t want to be | 我真的不想跟你们这群人 |
[02:26] | in that courtroom with you people. | 待在那个审判室里 |
[02:28] | If Mr. Agos pleads guilty we’re offering ten years. | 如果艾格斯先生认罪 我们会给他十年刑期 |
[02:30] | We’re not taking ten years. | 我们不接受十年刑期 |
[02:31] | Well, you have a loser case, Diane. | 你这案子输定了 戴安 |
[02:32] | If you think that, Your Honor, you should recuse yourself. | 法官阁下您如果这么想的话 就得回避此案了 |
[02:34] | No, no. This is off the record, right, Judy? | 不必 现在谈话不做记录 对吧 朱迪 |
[02:37] | Now, when Judy types, history takes notice. | 朱迪打字时 才会留下档案 |
[02:40] | Otherwise, I strong-arm both of you, | 另外 我会用强硬手腕对付你们双方 |
[02:42] | and we compromise somewhere in the middle. | 我们共同协商出折衷方案 |
[02:44] | That’s a 402. | 这就叫做402 |
[02:45] | I did nothing wrong, Your Honor. | 我没做错事 法官阁下 |
[02:47] | You’re in my court, young man, that means you did something. | 你在我的庭上 年轻人 说明你肯定犯了事 |
[02:50] | They’re railroading me. | 他们诬告我 |
[02:51] | There is a wire that I will allow into evidence | 有一份窃听录音 我会将其列为证据 |
[02:54] | that has you, Mr. Agos, | 其中就有你 艾格斯先生 |
[02:56] | advising drug dealers how to avoid arrest. | 给毒贩建议如何避免被捕 |
[02:58] | Your Honor, that cannot be allowed into evidence. | 法官阁下 这不能列入证据表 |
[03:00] | It is hearsay. | 这是传闻证据 |
[03:01] | Yeah, and she will argue “Forfeiture by wrongdoing.” | 那她会反驳说”是因违法行为查没物品” |
[03:04] | And I will overrule your objection, | 我会驳回你的反对 |
[03:07] | because she is right on the law. | 因为在法律上她是对的 |
[03:08] | And you know that and I know that. | 这一点你我都心知肚明 |
[03:10] | So, take the plea. | 所以接受认罪协议吧 |
[03:11] | No. | 不要 |
[03:15] | All right then, Ms. Pine. | 拿好吧 派恩女士 |
[03:17] | Sweeten the deal. | 再让让步吧 |
[03:20] | Come on, I’m not your friend here. | 拜托 现在我可不是你朋友 |
[03:23] | Six years, that’s the best… | 六年 这是最… |
[03:24] | There we go. | 这就对了 |
[03:26] | Diane, Mr. Agos, | 戴安 艾格斯先生 |
[03:27] | this is called compromise. | 这就叫做折衷 |
[03:30] | Six years, | 六年 |
[03:31] | with day-to-day good time, | 平时表现好点减减刑 |
[03:33] | that means three years in prison. | 也就在牢里待个三年而已 |
[03:36] | What do you say? | 你意下如何 |
[03:37] | I say no. | 我说该拒绝 |
[03:39] | It’s three years of your life, Cary. | 这可是你自己人生中的三年 凯里 |
[03:41] | You’ll be a felon. | 你会变成重罪犯 |
[03:43] | You won’t be able to practice law. | 你再也不能做律师了 |
[03:44] | Yes, but like Will said… | 对 但就像威尔说的… |
[03:45] | “Juries are a jump ball.” | “陪审团就像跳跳球” |
[03:47] | Judge could be in a bad mood, | 法官也可能情绪不好 |
[03:49] | a witness could fall apart, a juror change his mind. | 证人可能崩溃 陪审员可能改主意 |
[03:51] | I mean, they’re unpredictable. | 这些都是不可预知的 |
[03:52] | I can’t go to jail again. | 我不能再进监狱了 |
[03:55] | I was there a week, I can’t even imagine… | 我在那儿待了一周 我无法想象… |
[03:57] | Yes, but 15 years? | 好 但要是15年呢 |
[03:59] | If you’re convicted… | 如果你的罪名成立… |
[04:03] | Ask Polmar. | 去问波尔马 |
[04:04] | Ask him what? | 问他什么 |
[04:05] | Ask him whether their bottom line is really three years. | 问他们的底线是不是真的是三年 |
[04:09] | So… | 那么 |
[04:12] | do you need a lawyer? | 你们要请律师吗 |
[04:15] | We’re plea bargaining with Geneva Pine. | 我们正在跟吉妮瓦·派恩协商认罪协议 |
[04:17] | They offered Cary three years. | 他们给了凯里三年刑期 |
[04:19] | We’re wondering what the SA’s bottom line is. | 我们想知道州检的底线在哪儿 |
[04:22] | Well, you know that it would be unethical for me to answer that. | 你知道如果我回答了会违反职业道德 |
[04:28] | Sorry, would you excuse me? | 抱歉 失陪一下 |
[04:31] | Hello. | 你好 |
[04:31] | Hello, Alicia, it’s Jackie. | 你好 艾丽西娅 我是杰姬 |
[04:33] | Uh, yes. | 哦好 |
[04:34] | Jackie, I’m at work. | 杰姬 我正工作呢 |
[04:36] | Can we talk later? | 能待会再聊吗 |
[04:37] | No, unfortunately, we can’t. | 不行 不好意思 不可以 |
[04:38] | I’m at Grace’s school. | 我现在在格蕾丝的学校里 |
[04:40] | What’s wrong? What happened? | 怎么了 出什么事了 |
[04:41] | Oh, nothing, um… | 没事… |
[04:43] | They couldn’t get hold of you, | 他们联络不到你 |
[04:44] | and my name is still on the contact list… | 家属联络栏里还是我的名字… |
[04:46] | Is Grace all right? | 格蕾丝没事吧 |
[04:47] | Oh, yes, yes. No, everything’s good. | 没事没事 都挺好的 |
[04:49] | But I think you’d better come down here. | 但我觉得你最好还是过来一趟 |
[04:50] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[04:52] | Alicia, did you threaten to kill a teacher with a knife? | 艾丽西娅 你有没有威胁老师要拿刀子捅死人家 |
[04:57] | You’re in luck, Mr. Kernal. | 您很幸运 克诺先生 |
[04:59] | Cuesta. | 奎斯特 |
[04:59] | I-I’m sorry, sir. I’ve located two tickets for | 不好意思 先生 我在芝加哥州立大学 |
[05:01] | Neil Diamond at the Chicago State University location. | 查到了还有两张尼尔·戴蒙德音乐会的票 |
[05:04] | Oh, good, good. Can you reserve them for me? | 很好很好 你能帮我预订吗 |
[05:07] | Unfortunately, sir, those tickets will require | 很抱歉先生 这两张票必须 |
[05:10] | your physical presence at the university location. | 您亲自去大学那里取才可以 |
[05:12] | And that office closes at 5:30. | 取票处将于五点半关门 |
[05:14] | You’re needed in court, Your Honor. | 您得上庭了 法官阁下 |
[05:15] | Uh, hold onto them for me. I’ll be there. | 一定帮我留好了 我会去的 |
[05:19] | All rise. Court is in session. | 全体起立 现在开庭 |
[05:21] | Everybody sit. | 大家请坐 |
[05:23] | Ms. Lockhart, where are we on the plea? | 洛克哈特女士 认罪协议商量得如何 |
[05:25] | We reject the proposed plea offer, Your Honor. | 我们拒绝之前所提的认罪协议 法官阁下 |
[05:27] | You’re not helping my day, Ms. Lockhart. | 你可真能给我添乱的 洛克哈特女士 |
[05:29] | My apologies, Your Honor. | 抱歉 法官阁下 |
[05:30] | So… | 那么… |
[05:31] | we will continue with voir dire, | 那么我们将进行陪审员资格审查 |
[05:33] | but I want you to know this jury will be seated today. | 但我想告诉你们这个陪审团将于今天组成完毕 |
[05:37] | Let’s go. Bring ’em in. | 开始吧 带他们进来 |
[05:49] | Mrs. Florrick, good. Maybe you can help us with this? | 福瑞克夫人 很好 您能帮忙解释一下吗 |
[05:53] | – Hey, Mom. – Grace. | -妈妈 -格蕾丝 |
[05:55] | “Dear Coach Linklater, | 尊敬的林克莱特教练 |
[05:56] | “As I wrote yesterday, Grace needs to be excused from running | 正如我昨天所书 格蕾丝在体育课上应 |
[06:00] | “in P.E. Because she’s contracted a cold. | 免于跑步 因为她得了感冒 |
[06:03] | “If you make her run again, | 如果您再让她跑步 |
[06:05] | “I will personally come down to your office | “我会亲自到你办公室 往你肚子 |
[06:07] | “and knife you in your lower intestine. | “刺上一刀… |
[06:11] | “I will then call Principal Englehardt to help you, | “然后我会打给恩格哈特校长好去救你 |
[06:14] | “But since he doesn’t receive or accept | “但鉴于他不接听 |
[06:16] | “parental calls of concern, | “父母关心孩子的电话 |
[06:18] | “You will most probably bleed out. | “你很有可能会血尽人亡 |
[06:21] | “Thank you for your concern, | “感谢您的关心 |
[06:22] | Alicia Florrick.” | “艾丽西娅·福瑞克” |
[06:25] | Did you write this, Mrs. Florrick? | 这是你写的吗 福瑞克夫人 |
[06:28] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:29] | Just to be clear– it was a joke. | 事先声明一下 这只是个玩笑 |
[06:32] | – Have you ever seen Darkness at Noon? – No. | -你有看过《正午的黑暗》吗 -没有 |
[06:35] | I was just quoting a threat the hero makes to someone. | 我只是引用了男主角对别人的威胁语 |
[06:39] | I wrote it down to make Grace laugh. | 我写下来是为了逗格蕾丝笑笑 |
[06:41] | It was just between us. | 只限我们两人之间而已 |
[06:43] | It was never meant to be delivered… to them. | 我从来没想要交给他们 |
[06:46] | Yes, and yet here it is on my desk. | 是的 但现在它已经在我办公桌上了 |
[06:49] | Alicia is a good mother. She would never stab a teacher. | 艾丽西娅是个好母亲 她绝不会去捅老师的 |
[06:52] | Thank you, Jackie. Uh, just to be clear– | 谢谢你了 杰姬 重申一下 |
[06:55] | it was a joke. | 这只是个玩笑 |
[06:56] | About killing a teacher? | 杀死一位老师的玩笑吗 |
[06:57] | It wasn’t meant… | 我没想… |
[06:59] | How did it get here anyway? | 这纸条到底是怎么到这里来的 |
[07:01] | Grace is in my civics class, | 格蕾丝正在我的公民学课上 |
[07:02] | and we were discussing free speech. | 我们正在讨论言论自由 |
[07:05] | Was satire protected as free speech? | 讨论讽刺是否也受言论自由保护 |
[07:07] | And afterwards I showed her the note. | 然后我就把纸条给她看了 |
[07:09] | To ask if this was protected. | 问这张字条是否也受法律保护 |
[07:11] | And you laughed. You knew it was a joke. | 你笑了 你知道这是玩笑 |
[07:13] | I asked if I could keep it. | 我问能不能把字条给我 |
[07:14] | To show it to her husband. You said he’d get a laugh, too. | 是为了给她丈夫看 你说他也会笑 |
[07:16] | It’s not Ms. Slavick’s fault she brought it to me. | 斯莱维克老师把这个字条给我没有错 |
[07:20] | It’s the responsibility of all teachers | 所有老师都有责任 |
[07:22] | to bring me threats without fail. | 将一切威胁向我禀报 |
[07:25] | – This is a threat. – It’s a joke. | -这就是威胁 -是个玩笑 |
[07:26] | We don’t like jokes like that here. | 我们这里不开这种玩笑 |
[07:27] | I understand. It won’t happen again. | 我明白了 绝对不会有下次 |
[07:31] | Guys, I think we should leave it there. | 两位 这件事就先这样吧 |
[07:33] | Good, then that’s it. It was all just a misunderstanding. | 好 那就这样了 只是一个小误会 |
[07:38] | And you think you can be impartial during this trial? | 你在这次审判中能保持公正吗 |
[07:40] | I think I can do my best. | 我会尽力 |
[07:41] | Mm-hmm. This juror is acceptable to the defense, Your Honor. | 辩方同意陪审员参加庭审 法官阁下 |
[07:44] | We challenge this juror. | 我们不同意 |
[07:45] | – Oh, come on. – Your Honor, the prosecution has exhausted | -真是服了 -控方已经用完了 |
[07:48] | its peremptory challenges. | 所有反对权利 |
[07:49] | We ask for sidebar conference. | 我们要求法庭侧议 |
[07:50] | All right, then get up here. Come on, fast. | 那就过来啊 快点 快点 |
[07:55] | We move to strike for cause, Your Honor. | 我们认为陪审员容易有失公正 法官阁下 |
[07:56] | This juror has a sister who’s a defense attorney. | 陪审员有个姐妹是辩方律师 |
[07:58] | Your Honor, you have accepted another juror | 法官阁下 您已经接受了另一位陪审员 |
[08:00] | with a policeman brother. | 他的兄弟是政客 |
[08:00] | Look, you’re wasting your time, ASA Pine. | 你在浪费时间 派恩助理州检察官 |
[08:03] | I said we’d be done by 5:00. | 我说了五点前结束 |
[08:05] | Now, I find this juror acceptable. You are seated, sir. | 我同意这位陪审员参加 请坐吧先生 |
[08:09] | So that completes voir dire. | 陪审员筛选结束 |
[08:10] | And we will begin with opening arguments tomorrow. | 明天进行开庭陈述 |
[08:13] | Your Honor, I have a motion. | 法官阁下 我有提议 |
[08:14] | No, ASA Pine. | 不行 派恩助理州检察官 |
[08:15] | Tomorrow. That ends our time today. | 明天再说 今天已经结束 |
[08:18] | And that means… | 也就是说… |
[08:20] | Oh, you’re here. Welcome to your campaign headquarters. | 你来了 欢迎来到你的竞选活动总部 |
[08:24] | They’re arguing again. | 他们又在吵 |
[08:25] | About the interview? | 在吵采访的事吗 |
[08:26] | I have no idea. | 不知道 |
[08:27] | I think they just like it. | 估计已经吵习惯了 |
[08:28] | …Eli, not just on a guilty verdict, | 伊莱 不仅有罪判决 |
[08:29] | but on a not guilty verdict. | 针对无罪判决也不能评论 |
[08:29] | If we make it an issue, it becomes a story. | 如果引起争论 就会变成公众焦点 |
[08:31] | So we have a problem? | 有什么问题吗 |
[08:32] | Cary’s trial. | 凯里的庭审 |
[08:33] | I think if it’s a guilty verdict, we don’t say anything. | 我觉得如果判决有罪 就什么都不说 |
[08:36] | We can’t comment while the verdict’s under appeal. | 判决还在审议 我们不能发表评论 |
[08:38] | They’re not gonna let you get away with that. | 他们不会轻易放过你 |
[08:40] | Get away with what? We really shouldn’t be commenting. | 放过我什么 我们真的不应该发表评论 |
[08:42] | It’ll look like she’s betraying her partner. | 这样感觉像她背叛了自己的合伙人 |
[08:43] | Excuse me– that’s not yours to say. | 抱歉 这不是你说了算的 |
[08:45] | I have an opinion. | 我有想法 |
[08:46] | Uh, no, you don’t. Not when you’re the body woman. | 不行 你这个身份不能提意见 |
[08:48] | She’s right, Eli. And you’d know that if you’d been with us more. | 她说得对 伊莱 你跟我们呆久了就明白了 |
[08:50] | Oh, come on, don’t pull that one. | 拜托 别来这一招 |
[08:51] | Let’s be honest– your focus is split. | 说实话 你的重点错了 |
[08:52] | This story is only going to become a story… | 这件事只有在这种情况下才会… |
[08:54] | Eli, Weekly Correspondent’s on one. | 伊莱 《每周通讯》的记者在一号线 |
[08:56] | Oh. Here we go. | 说来就来了 |
[08:58] | They want to talk about Cary’s trial. | 他们要聊凯里的庭审 |
[08:59] | Eli, you don’t get to decide this. | 伊莱 这件事不该由你决定 |
[09:01] | We decide this. | 应该由我们决定 |
[09:03] | Hey, Brian, it’s Johnny. | 布莱恩 我是约翰 |
[09:04] | How are you? | 你好吗 |
[09:05] | Good. I have a quote I need from you on a story I’m chasing. | 很好 我在追踪一个报道 需要问问你 |
[09:07] | – Hi, Brian. – Eli’s here, too. | -布莱恩你好 -伊莱也在 |
[09:09] | Wow, I’ve got the two horsemen of the Apocalypse. | 两位天启骑士都在啊 |
[09:12] | What do you need, Brian? | 你需要什么 布莱恩 |
[09:13] | So tell me this isn’t true. | 告诉我这不是真的 |
[09:14] | Did Alicia Florrick threaten to murder a Chicago teacher | 艾丽西娅·福瑞克有威胁要用刀子 |
[09:17] | with a knife | 谋杀一位芝加哥教师 |
[09:18] | and then let him bleed out like a pig? | 让他像猪一样流血致死吗 |
[09:23] | Uh, what? | 什么 |
[09:24] | Did Alicia threaten to knife one of her daughter’s teachers? | 艾丽西娅威胁她女儿的老师了吗 |
[09:27] | Brian, I… | 布莱恩… |
[09:30] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[09:31] | So that’s an unequivocal no? | 你这是模棱两可的否认吗 |
[09:33] | Yes, it’s a no. Are you insane? | 是否认 你疯了吗 |
[09:36] | Alicia. I think you’d better hear this. | 艾丽西娅 你还是听一下这个 |
[09:40] | Uh, good talking to you, Brian. | 聊得愉快 布莱恩 |
[09:41] | Anytime you want to know about flying saucers, call us, too. | 你要想了解外星飞船啥的 随时打给我们 |
[09:45] | What was that? | 什么情况 |
[09:46] | – Nothing, he-he… – We’re good. | -没什么 他… -我们没事 |
[09:48] | He didn’t even mention Cary’s trial. | 他根本没提凯里的庭审 |
[09:49] | I think you’d better tell Alicia what he asked. | 你们最好告诉艾丽西娅他问了什么 |
[09:51] | No, he was joking. | 不 他是开玩笑的 |
[09:53] | Did you threaten to murder one of your kid’s teachers and | 你是不是威胁要杀你孩子的老师 |
[09:55] | bleed him out like a pig? | 还像猪一样放干他的血 |
[10:05] | Alicia. | 艾丽西娅 |
[10:06] | Well, here’s the thing. | 事情其实是这样的 |
[10:22] | We can’t now. I have to head into court. | 现在不行 我得上庭 |
[10:26] | No, you can’t call me. Not at home. | 不行 你不能打给我 |
[10:30] | I can’t leave him. I can’t. | 我不能离开他 不行 |
[10:34] | I’m going now. | 我要挂了 |
[10:36] | I’m going. | 我挂了 |
[10:37] | And don’t smile at me on the stand or I’ll crack up. | 不要在听众席冲我笑 不然我会搞砸 |
[10:42] | Name and occupation, Detective? | 请问您的名字和职位 警探 |
[10:43] | Gary Prima. | 加里·普利马 |
[10:45] | I’m a detective with the narcotics section | 我是芝加哥警局 |
[10:47] | of the Chicago Police Department. | 缉毒组的警探 |
[10:51] | Thank you, Detective. | 谢谢你 警探 |
[10:52] | And you had a confidential informant | 是你让秘密线人 |
[10:54] | record the defendant committing this crime? | 录下了被告犯此项罪行的过程吗 |
[10:55] | Objection, your Honor. Argumentative. | 反对 法官阁下 诱导性提问 |
[10:58] | That is correct. Sustained. | 没错 反对有效 |
[10:59] | You had the defendant record the defendant? | 你让被告给被告录音了吗 |
[11:01] | The C.I. record the defendant? | 你是说线人给被告录音 |
[11:03] | Yes. Sorry, yes. | 是的 抱歉 是的 |
[11:06] | That’s okay. Trey Wagner was a member of Lemond Bishop’s crew, | 没事 特雷·瓦格纳曾是莱蒙德·毕夏普的手下 |
[11:09] | and he agreed to record Mr. Bishop’s attorney, Cary Agos. | 他同意对毕夏普先生的律师 凯里·艾格斯录音 |
[11:12] | And do you have that recording for this court? | 你是否能将此录音作为呈堂证供 |
[11:13] | Objection, Your Honor. Hearsay. | 反对 法官阁下 传闻证据 |
[11:15] | I think we’ve been over this, Your Honor. | 这件事已经说过了 法官阁下 |
[11:17] | – Forfeiture by wrongdoing. – Yep, as I warned you, | -是因违法行为查没 -对 我提醒过你 |
[11:19] | Ms. Lockhart, this recording is subject | 洛克哈特女士 这份录音 |
[11:22] | to a hearsay exception. | 属于例外物证 |
[11:23] | So, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, | 陪审团的各位成员 |
[11:25] | I want you to know… Excuse me, gentlemen. | 希望大家周知… 不好意思 两位 |
[11:28] | There is no cross talk in the jury box. | 在陪审席请不要交头接耳 |
[11:31] | The only one in court who should be talking is me. Now, | 唯一能在法庭上说话的人是我 现在 |
[11:35] | I will allow this tape to be played, | 我允许播放这段录音 |
[11:37] | but I want you to take into account that the defense | 不过我希望各位注意 辩方律师 |
[11:40] | will not be able to cross-examine | 不能交叉询问 |
[11:42] | the person who recorded the tape. | 录下这段录音的人 |
[11:44] | That person is dead. | 那个人已经死了 |
[11:46] | So you may feel that this tape is not worthy | 所以你们可以认为这段录音 |
[11:49] | of your full consideration | 不值得仔细考虑 |
[11:50] | because you’re not hearing both sides of it. | 因为并不能完全听取双方的意见 |
[11:53] | But I leave that to you. | 不过这是诸位的自由 |
[11:54] | Now, Ms. Pine. Ms. Pine? | 好 派恩女士 派恩女士 |
[11:56] | Yes. | 我在 |
[11:57] | Ms. Pine, you may continue. | 派恩女士 你可以继续了 |
[11:58] | Yes, Your Honor. | 好的 法官阁下 |
[12:00] | We ask leave to mark this tape as People’s exhibit number one. | 我们要求将这段录音作为一号证人证据 |
[12:05] | You’re Bishop’s lawyer, right? | 你是毕夏普的律师 对吧 |
[12:06] | Yeah. Yeah, I’m one of ’em. | 是的 我是他的律师之一 |
[12:08] | So I have a question for you. | 我有个问题想问你 |
[12:12] | So you don’t have to show them anything? | 你不用给他们展示什么文件吗 |
[12:14] | No, no, you just identify yourself. | 不用 只要表明自己的身份 |
[12:16] | If you’re not driving a car, | 只要不是开车 |
[12:18] | you don’t need all that. | 就不需要那些 |
[12:19] | They can’t search you? | 他们不能搜你身吗 |
[12:20] | Well, how much are we talking about here? | 你手上有多少毒品 |
[12:22] | – Uh, 1 and a half kilos. – Someone’s having a big party! | -1.5公斤 -这派对搞得挺嗨啊 |
[12:26] | Damn, man! What do you got? | 挺牛啊哥们 来看看 |
[12:29] | What did I say about jokes? | 我不是说了别开玩笑吗 |
[12:31] | It was a joke from months ago. | 那是几个月前的玩笑了 |
[12:32] | You said you were gonna stab him. | 你说你要捅死他 |
[12:33] | It was from Darkness at Noon. I was quoting it. | 那段话出自《正午的黑暗》 我是在引用 |
[12:36] | Oh, really? Which episode? | 是吗 哪一集 |
[12:36] | – Marissa. – Why write the note at all? | -别问了 -你为什么要写那张字条 |
[12:38] | The P.E. teacher was shaming Grace into running laps | 格蕾丝生病的时候 体育老师还惩罚她 |
[12:40] | around the school when she was sick. | 让她绕着学校跑圈 |
[12:41] | So you threatened to kill him. | 所以你威胁要杀了他 |
[12:43] | Yes, Eli. | 是 伊莱 |
[12:44] | I threatened to kill him. | 我威胁要杀他 |
[12:45] | That was a joke. You can’t joke. | 你又开玩笑 不要开玩笑了 |
[12:46] | What are we gonna say? | 我们要怎么说 |
[12:47] | We got to get back to Brian at the Correspondent. | 我们得打给《每周通讯》的布莱恩 |
[12:48] | He’s quoting us saying it’s false. | 我们刚刚的回答是否认 |
[12:50] | The note. We have to get the note. Who has it? | 那张字条 我们得拿到那张字条 在谁手里 |
[12:51] | The civics teacher. | 公民学老师手里 |
[12:52] | Okay, you need to… | 你得去… |
[12:54] | Wait, I thought you said it was the P.E. Teacher. | 你刚刚不是说是写给体育老师的嘛 |
[12:55] | It was addressed to the P.E. Teacher. | 是写给体育老师的 |
[12:57] | Grace gave it to the civics teacher. | 但是格蕾丝给了公民学老师 |
[12:58] | Oh, dear God, this is a nightmare. | 上帝啊 简直是祸不单行 |
[13:00] | The only bad people to have in your life are teachers. | 人生中最坏的存在就是老师 |
[13:03] | I’d trust assassins over teachers. | 连刺客都比老师更值得信任 |
[13:05] | This was my childhood. | 这就是我的童年 |
[13:06] | People ask why I turned out the way I did. | 人们还问我为什么会变成这样 |
[13:07] | So your daughter’s got to get the note back. | 你女儿得去把那张字条拿回来 |
[13:08] | You have to call Grace. | 你得打给格蕾丝 |
[13:09] | I got it. | 我来吧 |
[13:10] | We can’t say it’s a joke. | 我们不能说那只是玩笑 |
[13:11] | No, not without a long explanation. | 是不行 还要有一连串的解释 |
[13:13] | It’s like we’re joking about school violence. | 比如说这是在讽刺校园暴力 |
[13:14] | Wait. Okay. | 等等 好吧 |
[13:16] | She cares so much about her daughter… | 她很关心自己的女儿 |
[13:17] | She threatens to knife a teacher. | 她威胁要捅死一个老师 |
[13:18] | No, no. | 不 不 |
[13:19] | Alicia didn’t write the note– her daughter did. | 那纸条不是艾丽西娅写的 是她女儿写的 |
[13:22] | I’m not saying that. | 我不会这么说的 |
[13:23] | She wrote it as an example of what not to… something. | 她这么写只是做个示范告诫她女儿之类的 |
[13:27] | No, it’s a joke. | 不 这只是个玩笑 |
[13:28] | It’s the truth. It’s a joke. | 事实上 这就是一个玩笑而已 |
[13:29] | What’s the joke? | 什么玩笑 |
[13:30] | She’s Alicia Florrick. Does she look like the type | 她是艾丽西娅·福瑞克 她看起来像是那种 |
[13:32] | who would knife a teacher? That’s the joke. | 会用刀子捅老师的人吗 这就是在开玩笑 |
[13:34] | Sometimes it’s funny to say the thing that’ll never happen. | 人们为了打趣 经常会说一些不会发生的事 |
[13:36] | We’ve all done it. | 大家都会这样 |
[13:39] | Okay, you need to get the note. | 好吧 你得拿到那张纸条 |
[13:40] | That’s the bottom line. We can spin this, | 这是我们的底线 我们还可以扭转局面 |
[13:42] | but you need to get the note. | 可前提是你要先拿到那张纸条 |
[13:44] | Grace. Uh, we need your help. | 格蕾丝 我们需要你帮忙 |
[13:47] | Do you have civics today? | 你今天有公民学的课吗 |
[13:48] | Detective Prima, | 普利马警探 |
[13:49] | was Trey Wagner your confidential informant? | 特雷·瓦格纳是你的线人吗 |
[13:51] | Yes, he was. | 是的 |
[13:52] | And when was the last time you spoke with him? | 你最后一次和他讲话是什么时候 |
[13:53] | The last time? Probably… | 最后一次 大概是… |
[13:56] | two months ago, just before he disappeared. | 两个月以前 就在他消失之前 |
[13:58] | Didn’t you speak with him on the phone a month ago? | 你一个月以前没有和他通过电话吗 |
[14:03] | I don’t think ASA Pine has the answer to that, Detective. | 警探 我觉得派恩助理州检察官不知道答案 |
[14:06] | Objection, Your Honor. Relevance. | 反对 法官阁下 与本案无关 |
[14:08] | Well, let’s see where this goes. | 那好 让他们继续 |
[14:09] | Then we’ll see how relevant it is. | 这样我们就能判断是不是与本案有关了 |
[14:11] | Detective, | 警探 |
[14:12] | did you speak with Trey Wagner four weeks ago? | 你四个星期前和特雷·瓦格纳通过电话吗 |
[14:14] | I spoke to someone who identified himself | 我和一个自称是特雷·瓦格纳的人 |
[14:16] | as Trey Wagner, | 通过电话 |
[14:17] | but I wasn’t… I couldn’t be… sure. | 可我也不能确定是不是他 |
[14:20] | But ASA Finn Polmar assured you | 可是助理州检察官芬恩·波尔马确认 |
[14:23] | that it was Trey Wagner? | 那就是特雷·瓦格纳 |
[14:24] | Yes, he did. | 是的 |
[14:25] | And did this person on the phone tell you | 这个人是不是在电话里告诉你 |
[14:26] | that he had set up Cary Agos? | 他陷害了凯里·艾格斯 |
[14:28] | Objection, Your Honor. Hearsay. | 反对 法官阁下 传闻证据 |
[14:29] | Your Honor, the ASA has opened | 法官阁下 助理州检察官 |
[14:31] | the door by presenting hearsay testimony | 采用了失踪证人的 |
[14:33] | from this missing witness. | 传闻证据 |
[14:35] | She should not be allowed | 她现在不能 |
[14:36] | to now argue that these hearsay statements | 因为这些证据对她不利 |
[14:39] | are inadmissible because they hurt her case. | 就反对说传闻证据不可接受 |
[14:41] | Well, she’s got you there, ASA Pine. | 她逮住你的把柄了 派恩助理州检察官 |
[14:43] | Overruled. You may answer, Detective. | 驳回 你可以回答这个问题了 警探 |
[14:47] | Yes. This person | 是的 这个人确实说 |
[14:49] | said that he had set up Cary Agos. | 是他陷害了凯里·艾格斯 |
[14:51] | And how did he do that? | 他是怎么陷害的呢 |
[14:52] | By selectively turning the wire on and off | 通过有选择性地录音 |
[14:54] | to make Mr. Agos’ statements seem more damning. | 使艾格斯先生听起来罪行更重 |
[14:57] | And did he say | 他说过为什么 |
[14:58] | why he did that? | 要这么做吗 |
[14:59] | He said he was afraid of Mr. Bishop, | 他说是因为害怕毕夏普先生 |
[15:02] | and he had to get us someone lower. | 只能给我们交出个小角色 |
[15:04] | Meaning Cary. And how long after he said this | 也就是凯里 这个人说完这些 |
[15:07] | was Trey Wagner killed? | 多久后特雷·瓦格纳就被杀了 |
[15:08] | – Objection. -Excuse me. How long after this | -反对 -抱歉 这件事发生多久之后 |
[15:11] | did Trey Wagner die in a car accident | 特雷·瓦格纳就死于 |
[15:14] | that the police have called suspicious? | 警方所称的可疑车祸了 |
[15:16] | 48 hours. | 48小时 |
[15:17] | I see. | 我知道了 |
[15:18] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 谢谢 法官阁下 |
[15:19] | Okay, how exciting. | 好了 真有意思 |
[15:22] | And we are adjourned for lunch. | 午餐时间到了 休庭 |
[15:26] | Sweet Caroline. Ba-ba… | 卡洛琳小甜心… |
[15:31] | Found it. | 找到了 |
[15:32] | Uh, hold on, Grace. Hold on. | 等一下 格蕾丝 等一下 |
[15:34] | “Grizzly Mom in Illinois Race Shows Claws.” | “伊利诺亚州灰熊妈妈亮出了熊爪” |
[15:37] | Good headline. | 不错的头条 |
[15:37] | Where is it? | 在哪儿 |
[15:38] | BuzzFeed. Politics. | 嗡嗡新闻网 政治栏目 |
[15:40] | “Don’t get Alicia Florrick angry. | “千万不要激怒艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[15:42] | It’s reported that Alicia Florrick | 报道称 艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[15:44] | Threatened a teacher at her daughter’s | 曾因老师强制她女儿带病上课 |
[15:45] | Tony high school with violence | 而暴力威胁她女儿 |
[15:47] | for forcing her daughter to work out while sick.” | 所在托尼高中的老师” |
[15:49] | It doesn’t have the note? | 上面没有登那张纸条吗 |
[15:50] | No, it doesn’t. | 没有 |
[15:52] | Hi. Sorry, Grace. What did she say? | 抱歉 格蕾丝 她怎么说 |
[15:53] | She says she wants to give you back the note, | 她说她想把纸条还给你 |
[15:55] | but first she wants to meet you in person. | 可是她要求私下里和你见一面 |
[15:57] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[15:58] | I don’t know. I think she wants to make sure | 我不知道 我猜她是想确保 |
[15:59] | you don’t threaten to kill someone again. | 你不会再去威胁杀什么人吧 |
[16:01] | Dear Lord… | 天哪 |
[16:02] | I thought she was nice. | 我以前觉得她人不错 |
[16:03] | Now I’m not so sure. | 现在我也不确定了 |
[16:05] | Okay. I’ll call her. | 好吧 我会给她打电话的 |
[16:06] | Sorry to put you through this. | 抱歉 让你卷进这件事 |
[16:08] | Mom, you didn’t. I did. | 妈妈 你不需要道歉 该道歉的是我 |
[16:10] | No. | 不 |
[16:10] | I need to stop joking. | 我不应该开这种玩笑 |
[16:11] | They need to get a sense of humor. | 是他们缺乏幽默感 |
[16:14] | Okay. Love you. Bye. | 好了 我爱你 再见 |
[16:18] | You’re nice with your daughter. | 你对你女儿真好 |
[16:21] | Hi, Jon. What’s wrong? | 你好 约翰 怎么了 |
[16:22] | Yeah, BuzzFeed. The politics section. | 嗡嗡新闻网 政治栏目 |
[16:24] | Yeah, we’re looking at it. | 我们正看着呢 |
[16:25] | It’s a good headline. | 不错的头条 |
[16:26] | That points to a way out of this. | 给我们出了个好点子 |
[16:28] | Yeah, hang on a second. I got Eli on speaker. | 好 等一下 我让伊莱接电话 |
[16:29] | It points to a way out of this. | 这是一个好点子 |
[16:31] | We need to push you as a grizzly mom. | 我们要把你打造成灰熊妈妈 |
[16:32] | Yeah, I agree. | 是的 我同意 |
[16:33] | It’s all about how much you love your daughter. | 这说明了你有多关心自己的女儿 |
[16:34] | I tried to stab a teacher because I love my daughter? | 因为爱自己女儿 所以拿刀捅老师吗 |
[16:37] | Alicia, are you joking? | 艾丽西娅 你开什么玩笑 |
[16:38] | Remember what I said about joking? | 还记得我说过的话吗 |
[16:39] | If we leave it vague, then, uh, we can argue grizzly mom. | 如果我们不置可否 就可以拿灰熊妈妈说事 |
[16:43] | But the minute the note is out there, then it becomes | 可一旦纸条曝光 这件事就上升成了 |
[16:44] | about knives and bleeding out. | 持刀威胁和血尽人亡了 |
[16:46] | So you need to get that note. | 所以你必须拿到那张纸条 |
[16:47] | Yeah, I’m working on it. | 好 我在想办法 |
[16:50] | I’m really starting to hate those syllables. | 我真的烦死这些话了 |
[16:53] | Are you asking me how I would handle school violence? | 你是问我怎样看待校园暴力吗 |
[16:55] | Yes, but any school violence. | 是的 针对任何校园暴力 |
[16:57] | What are you watching? | 你们在看什么 |
[16:57] | Frank Prady. With the Correspondent board. | 弗兰克·普拉迪 在做记者访谈 |
[16:59] | Well, let me say this, | 我这么说吧 |
[17:00] | if a teacher or a student threatened to knife | 不管是老师还是学生 只要他 |
[17:03] | a teacher, yes, I would prosecute him. | 拿刀威胁一个老师 我都会去起诉这个人 |
[17:05] | Or her? | 或是这个女人 |
[17:06] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:07] | To the fullest extent of the law. | 为了尽可能地发挥法律的作用 |
[17:09] | And, yes, if there were even merely a written threat, | 就算只有文字威胁 |
[17:11] | I would prosecute. School violence | 我也会去起诉 校园暴力 |
[17:14] | is too serious to treat as a joke. | 是一件很严肃的事情 不能当作玩笑处理 |
[17:16] | Alicia, he’s coming after you. | 艾丽西娅 他是冲你来的 |
[17:17] | We need to use our oppo on him. | 我们得采取手段回敬他 |
[17:18] | Yeah, we’re ready to go. | 没错 我们已经准备好了 |
[17:19] | I’ve got two sources that’ll say he’s closeted. | 我有两份证据可以证明他是同性恋 |
[17:21] | Our fingerprints are never on it. | 我们从没沾手过 |
[17:22] | We point the reporter to the source. | 我们可以把证据交给记者 |
[17:23] | They’re starving for it at this point anyway. | 这种时候他们一定很想要这些材料 |
[17:25] | If they don’t go for a Prady story, | 如果他们拿不到关于普拉迪的新闻 |
[17:26] | they’ll go after you for the knifing. | 他们就会把目标转移到你身上 |
[17:28] | Yeah, Alicia, we don’t agree on much, | 没错 艾丽西娅 虽然咱们一向意见不合 |
[17:29] | but we agree on this. | 可这次必须保持一致 |
[17:30] | Okay, give me till tonight. | 好吧 我今晚给你们答复 |
[17:31] | Alicia, | 艾丽西娅 |
[17:32] | remember what I said about things moving fast. | 记住我跟你说的 局势瞬息万变 |
[17:34] | Eli, please, we’ll talk tonight. | 伊莱 拜托了 今晚再说 |
[17:46] | You gave them reasonable doubt. | 你给了他们合理怀疑的证据 |
[17:47] | I know. | 我知道 |
[17:50] | Do you know what to do? | 你知道该怎么做吗 |
[17:50] | – I do. – Good. | -我知道 -很好 |
[17:52] | Do it. | 去做吧 |
[17:57] | We cannot lose this. | 我们不能输掉这场 |
[18:05] | So? | 所以呢 |
[18:08] | It’s over between us? | 我们之间结束了吗 |
[18:09] | I can’t. | 现在不能说 |
[18:09] | – Right. – If it were another time. | -好吧 -可现在不行 |
[18:10] | Yeah. Now that you don’t need me. | 是啊 你现在不需要我了 |
[18:12] | That’s not fair. | 这不公平 |
[18:19] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[18:22] | Now kick some ass. | 只能拼死一搏了 |
[18:27] | Yes, Your Honor. We have another witness. | 是的 法官阁下 我们还有一位证人 |
[18:30] | Goody for you. | 太好了 |
[18:31] | Who is it? | 这个人是谁 |
[18:32] | Kalinda Sharma. | 凯琳达·夏尔马 |
[18:49] | Let’s go. Sidebar over. | 走吧 该入席了 |
[18:53] | I strongly object to this breach of protocol, | 我坚决反对 这违反了我们之间的协议 |
[18:56] | Your Honor. | 法官阁下 |
[18:57] | Of course you object… | 你当然反对了 |
[18:58] | She was not on the final witness list, Your Honor. | 她并不在最终的证人名单上 法官阁下 |
[19:01] | Your Honor, the speedy trial provision | 法官阁下 快速审理也应该 |
[19:02] | should follow the same freeway. | 遵循相同的流程 |
[19:04] | All right, enough. Enough. | 好了 够了 |
[19:05] | The witness is in the woods | 证人已经到场 |
[19:06] | and ready to be questioned. So let’s go. | 准备好回答问题了 开始吧 |
[19:08] | You may proceed. | 你可以继续了 |
[19:12] | Name and occupation, please? | 请报上你的姓名和职业 |
[19:14] | Kalinda Sharma. | 凯琳达·夏尔马 |
[19:16] | I work as a freelance investigator. | 我是一个自由调查员 |
[19:18] | And do you primarily work | 你主要是为艾格斯先生所在的 |
[19:20] | for Mr. Agos’ firm, Funnel, Ador & Lookout? | 福纳&阿多尔&卢库特律所工作吗 |
[19:23] | Yes. Primarily. | 是的 主要是 |
[19:25] | To your knowledge, | 据你所知 |
[19:26] | did Cary Agos work for Lumar Bishop | 凯里·艾格斯负责湖区时 |
[19:28] | when he was emperor of the Lake District? | 有没有为鲁马尔·毕夏普干过活 |
[19:31] | No. | 没有 |
[19:31] | He definitely was not. | 绝对没有 |
[19:33] | Kalinda Sharma, are you | 凯琳达·夏尔马 你是 |
[19:34] | Cary Agos’ hunter? | 凯里·艾格斯的猎头吗 |
[19:35] | Objection, Your Honor. | 反对 法官阁下 |
[19:36] | This is an old lawyer trick. | 这是个老掉牙的律师把戏 |
[19:38] | I’m not trying to trick. | 我没玩什么把戏 |
[19:39] | List Pine is lying under the question and possible movement… | 派恩的动机和意图都非常明显… |
[19:42] | I’ll arm dresser, Your Honor, and cobbling the witness… | 我会注意措辞 法官阁下 引导证人 |
[19:44] | No, no, no. | 不不不 |
[19:45] | This is not a time for a debit. | 这不是揭短的时候 |
[19:48] | I-I didn’t hear. | 我没听清楚 |
[19:49] | What did she say? | 她刚刚说什么 |
[19:50] | Who say? | 谁说的 |
[19:51] | The prosecutor, what did she ask? | 公诉人 她刚说了什么 |
[19:53] | She said, “Are you Cary Agos’ lover?” | 她问她是不是凯里·艾格斯的爱人 |
[19:55] | …old lumberjack. Asking leading questions and making | 老把戏 问一些诱导性问题 |
[19:58] | it appear like the wasted is nothing. | 使别的问题看上去好像无关紧要 |
[20:00] | The objection is sustained. | 反对有效 |
[20:02] | Your Honor, we ask that you abstract nunneries. | 法官阁下 我们请求您消除负面影响 |
[20:05] | Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, | 各位陪审员 |
[20:07] | I ask that you disregard the questions | 我要求你们忽视刚刚 |
[20:09] | and answers that you just heard. | 听到的问题和回答 |
[20:11] | They have been deemed inadmissible. | 那些问题不可采纳 |
[20:26] | Have we been avoiding each other? | 我们是在躲着对方吗 |
[20:28] | I… don’t think that we have, | 我不觉得啊 |
[20:31] | but… we should probably talk anyway. | 不过我们还是得谈谈 |
[20:44] | I don’t want to avoid you. | 我不想躲避你 |
[20:44] | I know. | 我知道 |
[20:45] | I-I hate awkwardness at work… | 我讨厌尴尬的工作气氛 |
[20:47] | I do, too. It’s idiotic. | 我也是 这样太傻了 |
[20:48] | Exactly. Like high school. | 没错 和高中生一样 |
[20:49] | – Okay, so let’s not. – So here’s the thing, | -那咱们别这样 -事情是这样的 |
[20:50] | – I like you as a friend. – And I like you. | -作为朋友我很喜欢你 -我也喜欢你 |
[20:52] | It’s stupid to drop a friendship just because… | 就因为这个而抛弃一段友谊太傻了 |
[20:54] | Exactly. | 没错 |
[20:57] | So here’s what we do. We-we have rules. | 那咱们就这样 咱们约法三章 |
[20:59] | Good. Love it. | 好的 这主意不错 |
[21:00] | We meet in brightly lit diners, not bars. | 咱们在有灯光的餐厅见面 而不是酒吧 |
[21:03] | Pancakes, not drinks. | 只点馅饼 不点酒水 |
[21:04] | Yes. And we… | 没错 然后咱们 |
[21:06] | talk about… the law. | 谈谈…法律 |
[21:09] | Great. With accordion music. | 好的 伴着手风琴音乐 |
[21:12] | Well, unfortunately, accordion music kind of turns me on. | 不幸的是手风琴音乐会让我兴奋起来 |
[21:18] | Okay. No music. | 好吧 不要音乐了 |
[21:21] | I’ll see you. | 到时候见 |
[21:26] | So what the hell? | 怎么回事 |
[21:28] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[21:29] | You leaked to the press | 你跟媒体泄露了 |
[21:30] | these two guys who said they had an affair with me? | 那两个自称跟我有私情的人吗 |
[21:32] | I thought we agreed… | 我还以为咱们达成一致… |
[21:33] | Wait, wait, what? | 等等 什么 |
[21:34] | You leaked to the press… | 你跟媒体泄漏了… |
[21:35] | I did not. | 我没有 |
[21:36] | O-or your people. Your handlers did it. | 或是你的人 你的竞选团队干的 |
[21:38] | Excuse me, we did not. | 不好意思 不是我们干的 |
[21:40] | Do we have an agreement or don’t we? | 咱们不是都说好了吗 |
[21:41] | We said we wouldn’t smear each other. | 我们不是说了不相互捅刀子的吗 |
[21:43] | Wait a minute. Who’s the one who went to the correspondent | 等等 是谁去找的记者 |
[21:45] | and told them that I should be prosecuted? | 告诉他们应该起诉我 |
[21:48] | Are you serious? | 你是认真的吗 |
[21:48] | You wanted to roll a one-day story into a fight. | 你想让这么个小事演变为一场争斗 |
[21:51] | I didn’t know you threatened to stab a teacher. | 我又不知道你威胁要捅死一个老师 |
[21:55] | The story was already out. | 这事已经传出去了 |
[21:56] | Well, so? They didn’t offer me any context. | 那又怎么样 他们没告诉我前因后果 |
[21:58] | They just asked me if I would prosecute a woman | 他们就问我会不会起诉一名 |
[22:00] | for threatening to stab a teacher, and, yes, oddly enough, | 威胁要捅死老师的女人 我当然会了 |
[22:03] | I said yes. I-I didn’t know it was about you. | 我就说会了 我不知道那说的是你 |
[22:07] | Then correct it. | 那就去弥补 |
[22:09] | Correct what? | 弥补什么 |
[22:10] | Tell the correspondent that | 告诉那些记者 |
[22:11] | you know what I wrote was a joke, | 你知道我写的是开玩笑的 |
[22:12] | and that they were wrong to take it out of context. | 而且他们也不该断章取义 |
[22:16] | Ah, are we not friends anymore, Frank? | 咱们不是朋友了吗 弗兰克 |
[22:19] | Wait a minute. Our agreement wasn’t to help each other win. | 等等 咱们的协议不是说要帮助对方 |
[22:21] | It was just that we not fight dirty. | 而是不能使肮脏的手段 |
[22:23] | And you did. | 你使了 |
[22:24] | I didn’t. | 我没有啊 |
[22:25] | I didn’t know what they were saying. | 我真的不知道他们说的是你 |
[22:28] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[22:29] | Then let’s just leave it there. | 那咱们就这样吧 |
[22:33] | So, you’re gonna let your handlers leak dirt on me, | 你还会任由你的团队黑我吗 |
[22:35] | dirt you know isn’t true? | 你知道那都不是真的 |
[22:36] | I have no knowledge that my handlers did any such thing. | 我不知道我的团队干过这种事 |
[22:42] | So we’re right back where we started. | 那咱们又回到起点了 |
[22:44] | No. | 不 |
[22:44] | We’re even in the polls now. | 至少咱们现在的选票是平的 |
[23:10] | Well, then, we will return to chambers. | 那咱们就回内庭讨论 |
[23:12] | Oh, Your Honor, I object. | 法官阁下 我反对 |
[23:14] | And you’re overruled. | 反对无效 |
[23:16] | Sheriff, please excuse the jurors. | 法警 请解散陪审团 |
[23:18] | Uh, all except juror number 11. | 除了11号陪审员 |
[23:21] | Please escort him to chambers. | 请将他带到内庭 |
[23:25] | Why? | 为什么 |
[23:26] | What happened? | 怎么回事 |
[23:27] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[23:28] | They took our only slam-dunk juror into chambers. | 他们将咱们唯一有胜算的陪审员带到内庭去了 |
[23:30] | You think Geneva’s trying to bounce her? | 你觉得吉妮瓦是想调查她吗 |
[23:32] | Him, and it looks like it. | 是他 看起来是的 |
[23:34] | Well, how’s the alternate? | 那候补人选呢 |
[23:36] | Bad. | 不太妙 |
[23:37] | Both are bad. | 两个都不太妙 |
[23:38] | Keep me in touch? | 随时跟我联系 |
[23:41] | Thank you for coming, Alicia. | 谢谢你能过来 艾丽西娅 |
[23:43] | I know you must be busy. | 我知道你肯定很忙 |
[23:44] | Oh, never too busy for Grace’s teachers. | 再忙也要为格蕾丝的老师抽出时间 |
[23:46] | So, I-I know you want this note back. | 所以 我知道你希望要回那张纸条 |
[23:48] | I’m so sorry how this got blown out of proportion. | 很抱歉引起了这么大轰动 |
[23:50] | I knew you were joking, but the liability issues… | 我知道你是在开玩笑 可是责任问题… |
[23:53] | I understand. | 我理解 |
[23:54] | So, Grace said you wanted to talk to me? | 格蕾丝说你想跟我谈谈吗 |
[23:57] | My husband works with the teacher’s union, | 我的丈夫在教师工会工作 |
[23:59] | and over the last five years, there has been a decrease | 过去五年内 检察官 |
[24:02] | in school crime oversight in the S.A.’s office. | 对校园犯罪的监督有显著下降 |
[24:06] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[24:07] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[24:08] | It’s terrible. | 太可怕了 |
[24:09] | There used to be a task force made up of eight teachers | 原本是有由八名教师组成的工作组 |
[24:12] | who would advise the state’s attorney on school crime. | 为校园犯罪提出法律上的建议 |
[24:16] | And you would like to have that back? | 你希望重新设立这个小组 |
[24:18] | Yes, we would love to have that back. | 是的 我们希望重新设立 |
[24:20] | With eight positions set aside for teacher union members. | 为教师工会重新设立八个席位 |
[24:23] | That would be really great for us. | 如果能那样就太好了 |
[24:27] | Just give it to her. | 那就给她啊 |
[24:28] | No. It’s patronage. | 不行 这就成政治赐职了 |
[24:30] | Well, of course, it’s patronage, Alicia. | 当然是赐职了 爱丽西娅 |
[24:31] | How do you think this thing works? | 你以为这还能是什么 |
[24:32] | Eli, I said “No” to patronage. | 伊莱 我说了不要搞赐职 |
[24:33] | And I congratulate you on that stance, Alicia, | 我很赞赏你的立场 爱丽西娅 |
[24:36] | but you need this note not to circulate. | 但你得阻止这张纸条到处流传 |
[24:38] | Alicia, it’s important to show that you stand up to patronage, | 爱丽西娅 向公众展示你拒绝赐职制很重要 |
[24:40] | but the key word here is “Show.” | 但关键就在于”展示”而已 |
[24:42] | There is some patronage that everybody accepts. | 有些赐职人人都会接受 |
[24:44] | Your husband accepted… | 你的丈夫接受… |
[24:45] | Exactly. I’m not going to be like Peter. | 没错 我不会和彼得一样 |
[24:51] | You know. Ethics. | 你懂的 伦理什么的 |
[24:56] | Mr. Fratti, is it? | 法拉提先生 是吗 |
[24:58] | It is. What’s wrong? | 是的 怎么了 |
[25:00] | Have a seat. | 请坐吧 |
[25:04] | I have a note here from an anonymous juror reading, | 有位匿名陪审员向我提交了一张纸条 |
[25:09] | “I think juror number 11 might be partially deaf. | “我觉得11号陪审员可能有点重听 |
[25:12] | “He is having trouble understanding the proceedings, | 他难以理解诉讼进程 |
[25:15] | and he continually asks those around him what’s going on.” | 而且他不停地问周围的人案件进展” |
[25:19] | Now, are you partially deaf, Mr. Fratti? | 你重听吗 法拉提先生 |
[25:22] | – No. – Your Honor, I… | -不 -法官阁下 我… |
[25:23] | Excuse me. You told us not to talk. | 不好意思 您叫我们不要说话 |
[25:25] | Stop it. I-I understand what’s going on here. | 别说了 我知道怎么回事 |
[25:27] | Ms. Lockhart, you think he’s pro-defense, | 洛克哈特女士 你认为他向着辩方的 |
[25:29] | and you want him to stay, and, Ms. Pine, you want him to go. | 你希望他留下来 而派恩女士希望他走 |
[25:32] | Well, shush, both of you. | 你俩都别说话 |
[25:36] | Now, Mr. Fratti, | 现在 法拉提先生 |
[25:38] | is there anything that would prevent you | 是否有什么原因 |
[25:40] | from understanding this trial? | 造成你难以理解庭审 |
[25:41] | I didn’t hide anything. | 我没有隐藏什么 |
[25:43] | I know that, sir. | 我知道 先生 |
[25:44] | Is there anything | 在庭审过程中 |
[25:45] | that would prevent your understanding? | 你有没有任何理解障碍 |
[25:49] | During certain moments of stress, | 某些紧张的时刻 |
[25:53] | I can suffer from APD– | 我有APD症状 |
[25:54] | Auditory Processing Disorder. | 听力信息处理障碍 |
[25:56] | And why didn’t you mention this during voir dire? | 那在陪审员资格审查时你怎么不说 |
[25:59] | Because it only rarely affects me, | 因为只有在我被质问时 |
[26:01] | which was the question put to me. | 才会出现这种情况 |
[26:04] | On occasion, I can have difficulty | 就是偶尔听不太懂 |
[26:06] | with the sequencing of words, or confuse similar sounds. | 语序或者搞混相似的发音 |
[26:09] | But did this affect you during trial? | 这次庭审时出现这种状况了吗 |
[26:11] | No, Your Honor. I completely followed the trial, | 没有 我完全理解这次庭审 |
[26:14] | and I have certain coping mechanisms… | 我也有相应的处理机制… |
[26:15] | Your Honor, this is… | 法官阁下 这是… |
[26:16] | He says he has followed the trial. | 他说他能理解庭审 |
[26:18] | Wait, wait, wait. | 等等 |
[26:20] | Mr. Fratti, I have a question for you. | 法拉提先生 我有个问题要问你 |
[26:25] | What waxing the number of the last wideness? | 最后一位”真人”的”明智”是什么 |
[26:28] | Your Honor, it is not a common name. | 法官阁下 这不是一个常见的名字 |
[26:30] | How is that relevant? | 这与案件有关吗 |
[26:30] | Ms. Lockhart, please! | 洛克哈特女士 别这样 |
[26:31] | We’re not in a schoolyard. | 我们不是在运动场 |
[26:33] | Now, what did I ask you, Mr. Fratti? | 我刚才问了你什么 法拉提先生 |
[26:38] | You asked me the name of the last witness, | 你问我最后一名证人的名字 |
[26:40] | and I think it was Kalinda something? | 我记得是凯琳达什么的 |
[26:41] | Your Honor, may I ask a question? | 法官阁下 我能提个问题吗 |
[26:43] | No, but I will. | 不行 我会问的 |
[26:44] | The question, Mr. Fratti, | 这个问题 法拉提先生 |
[26:46] | is whether Cary Agos hurt lemons | 就是凯里·艾格斯有没有”盯”到 |
[26:49] | bussing the important tree-mills of honeycuts. | “林蒙德”关于”蜂巢”的重要”桃轮” |
[27:09] | Um, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[27:11] | I thought you were innocent. | 我觉得你是无辜的 |
[27:17] | I need your help, Kalinda. | 我需要你帮忙 凯琳达 |
[27:18] | We don’t have a strong enough case. | 这案子赢面不大 |
[27:37] | Um, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[27:40] | I thought you were innocent. | 我觉得你是无辜的 |
[27:46] | I need your help, Kalinda. | 我需要你帮忙 |
[27:47] | We don’t have a strong enough case. | 这案子赢面不大 |
[27:50] | Let me see what I can do, okay? | 我看看能怎么帮你 好吗 |
[27:55] | How’s it going? | 情况如何 |
[27:55] | Not good. Cary lost his juror. | 不好 凯里少了一个支持他的陪审员 |
[27:58] | Damn it. How can I help? | 见鬼 我能帮上什么忙 |
[28:00] | We need to get a lead on Dante. | 我们得找到能联系到但丁的线索 |
[28:01] | Bishop’s man? | 毕夏普的手下 |
[28:02] | Yeah. He’s the only one still alive | 对 他是唯一一个还活着 |
[28:04] | who heard what was edited out of the wire. | 并知道录音被剪掉了什么的人 |
[28:06] | I can’t get anything from Finn. | 我没法从芬恩这里打听到什么 |
[28:07] | Alicia, he knows that Cary is innocent, | 艾丽西娅 他知道凯里是无辜的 |
[28:10] | he knows this is a wrongful prosecution, | 他知道 这个起诉是错的 |
[28:12] | and he will hear it if you say it. | 如果你这么说 他会帮你的 |
[28:15] | Just ask him for any lead that could get us to Dante, anything. | 就问问他任何能够找到但丁的线索 |
[28:19] | Okay, I’ll see what I can do. | 我会尽力 |
[28:20] | You’re kidding me. | 你开玩笑吧 |
[28:21] | “I will personally come down to your office, and knife you | “我会亲自到你办公室 往你肚子 |
[28:23] | in your lower intestines…” | 刺上一刀…” |
[28:25] | “You will most probably bleed out.” | “你很可能血尽人亡” |
[28:28] | You know, for some reason, I thought this was gonna be funnier. | 老实说 我还以为会写得更好笑呢 |
[28:30] | Where is it, on a blog? | 你在哪里发现的 博客吗 |
[28:31] | Yeah. The Correspondent blog. | 没错 记者的博客 |
[28:32] | Give her the patronage, Alicia. | 就给她个官职吧 艾丽西娅 |
[28:34] | What’s it matter now? | 凭什么 |
[28:34] | You need the union. | 你需要工会支持 |
[28:38] | I have to go. | 我得走了 |
[28:40] | Order up. | 上菜啦 |
[28:42] | Cleanup. Can I get cleanup over here? | 清理一下 这里能不能清理一下 |
[28:48] | Well, you succeeded in finding the ugliest diner in Chicago. | 你成功找到了芝加哥最糟心的快餐店 |
[28:53] | Well, it helps that we both smell like wet dogs. | 我俩闻起来都像落水狗反倒有利 |
[28:58] | And pancakes. Perfect. | 薄煎饼 好极了 |
[29:03] | So, fellow lawyer… | 律师同志 |
[29:07] | I have a request that’s gonna make us both uncomfortable. | 我有个对你我都有些尴尬的不情之请 |
[29:09] | Great. That’s why I’m here. | 很好 所以我才选这里 |
[29:10] | You heard about Cary’s trial? | 你听说了凯里的审讯吗 |
[29:12] | He lost a juror. | 他失掉了一个陪审员 |
[29:13] | Yes. | 没错 |
[29:15] | We need to find Dante. | 我们得找到但丁 |
[29:16] | He’s the only one still alive | 他是唯一一个还活着 |
[29:19] | who can testify that Cary’s innocent, | 知道录音被剪辑过 |
[29:21] | that the wire was edited. | 能够证明凯里清白的人了 |
[29:22] | You know I can’t say anything. | 你知道我什么都不能说 |
[29:23] | I do. | 我知道 |
[29:25] | It’s just, I thought… | 只是…我以为… |
[29:29] | Well, that’s not good. | 这不太妙 |
[29:31] | It’s the storm. Hold on. | 是暴雨的原因 请稍等 |
[29:34] | You were saying? | 你说什么 |
[29:39] | I was saying? No, I think you-you were… | 我说什么 不 我觉得你… |
[29:41] | Oh, yeah. Um… | 是的 |
[29:43] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[29:46] | I can’t say anything. | 我什么都不能说 |
[29:55] | You’re kidding. | 开什么玩笑 |
[30:00] | Of course. | 还真是啊 |
[30:02] | So, you can’t say anything? | 所以你什么都不能说 |
[30:03] | I can’t. | 不能说 |
[30:12] | What’s that? | 是什么 |
[30:14] | I can’t say anything. | 我什么都不能说 |
[30:17] | Surveillance photos from Bishop’s house. | 毕夏普房子的监控照片 |
[30:19] | Anybody entering or exiting. | 任何进出的人都拍下来了 |
[30:22] | Of course, I don’t know how you got ’em, because, uh, | 当然 我不知道你怎么拿到的 |
[30:25] | well… I can’t say anything. | 我什么都不能说 |
[30:36] | I wasn’t even there! | 我当时甚至都不在那里 |
[30:37] | Yes, you were! Why are you lying to me? | 不 你在 为什么要骗我 |
[30:38] | I’m not lying. You won’t listen. | 我没有骗你 你不会听 |
[30:45] | My dad’s fighting. | 我爸爸在跟人吵架 |
[30:49] | He’ll be right here. It’s just his girlfriend. | 他马上就下来 是他女朋友 |
[30:51] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[30:53] | It’s not… it’s not your business! | 这不关…不关你的事 |
[30:56] | Do you work with my dad? | 你和我爸爸一起工作吗 |
[30:59] | Uh, sometimes. | 有时候 |
[31:02] | Do you come here after school? | 你下课就到这里来吗 |
[31:04] | Yeah. Why? | 对 怎么了 |
[31:06] | No reason. Is that at 3:00? | 没事 是三点吗 |
[31:10] | Okay? This is not gonna work | 好吗 如果你不信任我 |
[31:11] | if you don’t trust me. You need to trust me. | 我们就玩完了 你得相信我 |
[31:13] | Very adult. | 真成熟啊 |
[31:19] | Dylan, it’s time to go to bed. | 迪伦 该去睡觉了 |
[31:21] | I know. | 知道了 |
[31:24] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[31:25] | You, too. | 我也爱你 |
[31:28] | What do you need, Kalinda? | 你想要什么 凯琳达 |
[31:32] | Dante. | 但丁 |
[31:35] | Yeah. A lot of people need Dante. | 好吧 很多人想找他 |
[31:37] | Why are you coming to me? | 你为什么来找我呢 |
[31:38] | Because I think you know where he is. | 因为我觉得你知道他在哪里 |
[31:40] | And if you wanted him to testify, he would. | 如果你要他出庭作证 他会的 |
[31:43] | All right, then maybe I don’t want him to testify. | 好吧 但或许我不希望他作证 |
[31:46] | It’s-it’s a little late. | 有点晚了 |
[31:47] | Can-can we do this another time? | 我们能不能下次再说 |
[31:49] | I have some photos I need you to see. | 我还有些照片要给你看 |
[31:56] | These are State’s Attorney | 这是州检察官 |
[31:57] | surveillance photos of your house. | 监控你房屋的照片 |
[32:04] | Kalinda… I know you like Cary, | 凯琳达 我知道你喜欢凯里 |
[32:08] | but you shouldn’t be here saying that to me. | 但你不该到这里来跟我说 |
[32:12] | And you shouldn’t be here with such a weak weapon. | 你也不该拿这么弱的武器来 |
[32:16] | These are four known drug dealers entering your front door. | 进你家门的是四名众所周知的毒贩 |
[32:18] | Yeah, well, too bad. | 没错 太糟了 |
[32:20] | I’m not there. Do you see me in that picture? | 我不在 你在照片里看到我了吗 |
[32:22] | Oh, you don’t need to be there, sir. | 你不必在场 先生 |
[32:25] | For them to arrest me, I sure do. | 如果他们要抓我 我肯定得在场 |
[32:28] | This is not about you. | 这与你无关 |
[32:31] | This is about Dylan. | 这与迪伦有关 |
[32:36] | There’s enough here for Child Services to take your son away. | 这些足够让儿童服务机构把你儿子带走了 |
[32:47] | These are copies. | 这些是复印件 |
[32:48] | They are not originals. | 不是原件 |
[32:55] | Anyone know you’re here? | 有人知道你在这里吗 |
[32:59] | Yeah. | 有 |
[33:03] | What the hell do you think you’re doing?! | 你究竟知道自己在做什么吗 |
[33:05] | Who do you think I am? | 你知道我是谁吗 |
[33:07] | I’m not… | 我不… |
[33:07] | No. You come here to threaten me? | 不 你来这里威胁我 |
[33:10] | You come here to threaten my son? | 你来这里威胁我儿子 |
[33:11] | I’m not threatening you. | 我没有威胁你 |
[33:13] | Look, we want to help you… | 我们是想帮你… |
[33:15] | but… we need your help. | 但…我们需要你配合 |
[33:18] | Get out of here, Kalinda… | 滚出去 凯琳达… |
[33:20] | before I think about this too much. | 趁我还没想太多 |
[33:37] | How did you find Dante? | 你怎么找到但丁的 |
[33:39] | Don’t tell me. | 别告诉我 |
[33:43] | You’re a lifesaver. | 你真是救星 |
[33:44] | Looking forward to this being over. | 期待这件事能尽快了结 |
[33:48] | Uh, Your Honor, we have a new name | 法官阁下 我们有一个新名字 |
[33:50] | to add to the witness list– Dante Wallach. | 要加入证人名单 但丁·华莱士 |
[34:02] | Dante Wallach. | 但丁·华莱士 |
[34:03] | And you know the defendant? | 你认识被告吗 |
[34:05] | That guy? Yeah. | 那个人 认识 |
[34:06] | And you were in Mr. Bishop’s kitchen with him | 今年5月25日你是不是和他 |
[34:09] | on May 25 of this year? | 一起在毕夏普先生的家里 |
[34:11] | Yeah. | 对 |
[34:12] | And did you ask him questions about your business? | 你是不是问了他生意上的事情 |
[34:19] | Yeah. | 对 |
[34:20] | And you have heard the prosecutor’s tape | 你听过公诉人提供的 |
[34:23] | of this conversation? | 那段对话的录音吗 |
[34:24] | The wire? Yeah. | 窃听录音吗 听过 |
[34:26] | And does this tape… | 那这份录音… |
[34:28] | reflect your conversation? | 正确反映了你们的对话吗 |
[34:30] | Yeah. I-I mean… | 对 我意思是… |
[34:32] | what do you mean? | 你想问什么 |
[34:33] | Did Cary tell you | 凯里有告诉你们 |
[34:34] | how to break the law? | 如何违法吗 |
[34:38] | Yeah. | 有 |
[34:39] | Uh, Mr. Wallach, | 华莱士先生 |
[34:41] | let me ask you again… | 我重新问你一次 |
[34:43] | I think he already answered. | 我想他已经回答过了 |
[34:44] | I am asking whether Cary told you that he couldn’t help you | 我问你凯里有没有说他无法帮助你们 |
[34:47] | break the law. | 违反法律 |
[34:48] | No, he told us how to break the law. | 没有 他教我们如何违法 |
[34:51] | How to be smart about it. | 怎么巧妙地利用漏洞 |
[34:52] | Uh, Mr. Wallach, excuse me, | 华莱士先生 抱歉 |
[34:54] | but you told us outside of this court the exact opposite | 但你在法庭外跟我们说的 |
[34:57] | of what you’re saying here. | 跟你在这里说的完全相反 |
[34:59] | Nah. Maybe you misheard it. | 不 也许是你们听错了 |
[35:00] | Is someone threatening you, Mr. Wallach? | 有人威胁你吗 华莱士先生 |
[35:02] | Objection, Your Honor. Argumentative. | 反对 法官阁下 诱导性提问 |
[35:04] | Uh, then I need a sidebar, Your Honor. | 我请求法庭侧议 法官阁下 |
[35:06] | Sure, come on up. Let’s do this. | 好 过来吧 我们谈谈 |
[35:08] | Don’t you ever threaten me again, do you understand? | 别再威胁我了 明白吗 |
[35:11] | Get him to tell the truth. | 让他说实话 |
[35:13] | I need to know that you understand, Kalinda. | 我得清楚你懂了 凯琳达 |
[35:15] | I understand, sir. | 我懂了 先生 |
[35:16] | Now, get him to tell the truth. | 让他说实话吧 |
[35:19] | That’s your problem. | 那是你的问题 |
[35:22] | All right, enough, enough. The witness… | 好了 够了够了 证人… |
[35:49] | Cary. | 凯里 |
[35:50] | Look. | 听着 |
[35:52] | I will talk to him again. | 我会再找他谈的 |
[35:54] | No. | 不 |
[35:56] | You can’t. | 你不能去 |
[35:59] | You can’t take the plea. | 你不能接受认罪协议 |
[36:04] | Four months ago… | 四个月之前… |
[36:07] | my life was… it was just that, it was my life, | 我的生活 还只是我的生活 |
[36:10] | and now I don’t know what it is. | 现在 我不知道它是什么 |
[36:13] | I go from one nightmare to another, | 我从一个梦魇到另一个梦魇 |
[36:16] | and I just want it to be over. | 我只想让它结束 |
[36:20] | They’re gonna convict me. | 他们会给我定罪 |
[36:22] | We don’t have a case. | 我们没有机会 |
[36:23] | I look at the jury… | 我看着那些陪审员 |
[36:26] | and they want to put me away. | 他们想让我进监狱 |
[36:30] | Cary, do you have a minute? | 凯里 有时间吗 |
[36:32] | Oh, yeah. | 当然有 |
[36:37] | Geneva has a new offer. | 吉妮瓦开了新条件 |
[36:39] | Mr. Agos. | 艾格斯先生 |
[36:43] | Hello. | 你好 |
[36:46] | The State’s Attorney is prepared to offer time served, | 州检准备开出条件 已服刑期有效 |
[36:48] | with six months’ probation. | 并加六个月缓刑 |
[36:52] | Really? | 真的 |
[36:52] | If you testify against Bishop. | 只要你指证毕夏普 |
[37:03] | I can’t do that. | 我不能那么做 |
[37:04] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[37:05] | Then we’re prepared to offer | 那我们准备提出 |
[37:06] | a lighter sentence on the conspiracy charge. | 以共犯从轻论处 |
[37:09] | Four years. | 四年 |
[37:11] | With time served? | 已服刑期有效吗 |
[37:11] | No. | 无效 |
[37:13] | With day-for-day good time, that’s two years in prison. | 表现好点再减减刑 你只需坐两年牢 |
[37:16] | That’s the best you’ll ever get. | 那是你最好的结果 |
[37:28] | What do you think? | 你怎么想 |
[37:29] | Uh, I think I’m angry. | 我很生气 |
[37:31] | She’s not wrong, Cary. | 她说得没错 凯里 |
[37:32] | We go to jury, you might get 15 years. | 如果让陪审团判 你可能得判十五年 |
[37:34] | That’s seven and a half in real time. | 那是七年半实际服刑期 |
[37:37] | Or you get out when you’re 37. | 或者你37岁就可以出来 |
[37:41] | It all comes crashing down. | 一切都毁掉了 |
[37:44] | Cary, where are you going? | 凯里 你要去哪 |
[37:45] | I need some air. | 我出去透透气 |
[37:56] | How’s he doing? | 他怎么样 |
[37:57] | I don’t know. It’s so hard. | 不知道 情况很艰难 |
[37:59] | I can’t imagine being in his position. | 我无法想象身处他的境地 |
[38:02] | Where is he? | 他在哪 |
[38:03] | Um, downstairs walking. | 楼下 散步 |
[38:06] | I’m coming over. | 我马上过来 |
[38:07] | Yep. I think that would be good. | 好 那样也挺好 |
[38:11] | What do you think he should do? | 你觉得他应该怎么做 |
[38:12] | Take the four years or fight? | 是接受四年刑期 还是继续抗争 |
[38:14] | Yes. | 对 |
[38:18] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[38:21] | Oh, did you really threaten to knife | 对了 你真的威胁 |
[38:23] | your daughter’s P.E. teacher? | 要用刀捅你女儿的体育老师吗 |
[38:27] | Not one of my better moments. | 现在我也不怎么走运 |
[38:29] | I’ll see you. | 回头见 |
[38:30] | …claiming that the note Alicia Florrick wrote | 声称艾丽西娅·福瑞克写的纸条中 |
[38:32] | in which she threatened to stab a teacher | 她威胁说要用刀刺一名教师 |
[38:34] | What? What happened? | 什么 发生了什么 |
[38:35] | …was intended as a joke. | 本来是一个玩笑 |
[38:36] | Mrs. Florrick is | 福瑞克夫人 |
[38:37] | a perfect parent. | 是位完美的母亲 |
[38:38] | She was joking with her daughter, that’s all. | 她是在跟女儿开玩笑 仅此而已 |
[38:41] | I want to be clear. | 我想说明一点 |
[38:42] | We take school violence seriously. | 我们对待校园暴力非常认真 |
[38:45] | But this was purely a misunderstanding. | 但这次完全是场误会 |
[38:48] | Mrs. Florrick | 福瑞克夫人 |
[38:49] | has been a real friend of our school and… | 是我们学校真正的朋友… |
[38:53] | You guys didn’t… | 你们不会… |
[38:54] | Didn’t what? | 不会什么 |
[38:55] | Offer patronage. | 提供官职 |
[38:56] | I said I wouldn’t do that. | 我说过我不会那么做 |
[38:57] | And you didn’t. | 所以你没有 |
[38:58] | You’re saying that these teachers just changed their mind? | 你们是说那些老师突然改主意了吗 |
[39:00] | Yeah. After getting seats on the Illinois Safety Commission. | 是的 得到伊利诺伊安全委员会的席位之后 |
[39:08] | Peter. | 彼得 |
[39:09] | Yep. He had some empty seats | 对 他在新建立的委员会里 |
[39:11] | on a new commission he formed. | 还有几个空席位 |
[39:12] | So that’s good– | 那挺好的 |
[39:13] | you didn’t offer patronage. | 你没有提供官职 |
[39:16] | Yep. | 是 |
[39:47] | Cary. | 凯里 |
[39:49] | How are you? | 你还好吗 |
[39:53] | Hunky-dory. | 好得不得了 |
[39:54] | Would you like to talk? | 愿意聊聊吗 |
[39:58] | Sure. Why not? | 行 干嘛不聊呢 |
[40:08] | You’ve been good, Cary. | 你一直都挺好的 凯里 |
[40:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:14] | I know what you’re up against. | 我知道你面临的困难 |
[40:17] | Four years. | 四年 |
[40:19] | That’s a hard one. | 是很艰难的状况 |
[40:20] | Trial’s not over yet. | 审判还没结束 |
[40:23] | Yeah. | 是 |
[40:25] | It is. | 是没结束 |
[40:27] | They want you. | 他们想抓你 |
[40:30] | They’ll get you. | 就一定会抓到你 |
[40:33] | I have a way to move you out of the country. | 我有办法把你送出国 |
[40:35] | You won’t be able to return, but I’ll get you an apartment. | 你不能再回来 但我会给你房子住 |
[40:39] | I need a legal consultant in Europe. | 我在欧洲需要一个法律顾问 |
[40:43] | It’ll be good pay. | 薪水不错 |
[40:46] | I’m not being purely selfless. | 我也不是完全无私的 |
[40:49] | I need someone loyal that can help me. | 我需要忠诚的人帮我 |
[40:55] | Where would it be? | 要去哪 |
[40:57] | Barcelona. | 巴塞罗那 |
[41:00] | What do you think? | 你怎么想 |
[41:05] | Uh, I think that I can’t do that. | 我想我不能去 |
[41:09] | Why? | 为什么 |
[41:11] | The firm put up $1.3 million. | 律所交了130万保释金 |
[41:13] | I jump bail, they don’t get that back. | 如果我弃保潜逃 他们就拿不回钱了 |
[41:15] | So send them the money from overseas. | 那就从海外把钱邮回来 |
[41:17] | Don’t go to jail for four years because of a law firm. | 不要为了一间律所去坐四年牢 |
[41:37] | So… | 话说… |
[41:40] | how’s it going? | 情况怎么样 |
[41:42] | Not good, from the sound of things. | 目前情况 不太好 |
[41:46] | Momentary setback. | 暂时挫折嘛 |
[41:56] | You got to fight it, Cary. | 你得继续争取 凯里 |
[41:58] | No. | 不 |
[41:59] | No, I don’t. | 不 我不争了 |
[42:01] | Four years. | 四年 |
[42:03] | Two years for good behavior. And you didn’t do it. | 表现好的话两年 可你根本没罪 |
[42:05] | I know. | 我知道 |
[42:07] | I’ll be 37. I can do that. | 我出来时37 还可以 |
[42:08] | I can’t do 15 years. | 我不能承受十五年的刑期 |
[42:10] | Dear Lord, Cary. | 上帝啊 凯里 |
[42:12] | What are you gonna do? | 你要怎么办 |
[42:14] | The choices have been reduced. | 选择已经很少了 |
[42:15] | We can appeal. I mean, you take the plea, | 我们可以上诉 你接受认罪协议 |
[42:18] | you can’t appeal. | 我们就不能上诉了 |
[42:19] | Alicia… | 艾丽西娅 |
[42:20] | I have watched you long enough with clients to know | 我见过太多你见客户的时候 |
[42:23] | when you have a case or when you don’t. | 知道你清楚没机会时是什么样 |
[42:28] | The smart deal here is to take the plea. | 明智的选择是接受认罪协议 |
[42:40] | You’ll come and see me? | 你会来看我吗 |
[42:46] | I will. | 会的 |
[42:47] | Good, good. | 很好 真好 |
[42:49] | I don’t want to be lonely. | 我不想太孤单 |
[42:58] | Would you like to revise your plea, Mr. Agos? | 你想修改自己的认罪辩诉吗 艾格斯先生 |
[43:07] | Yes, Your Honor. I would like to plead guilty. | 是的 法官阁下 我愿意认罪 |