时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:38] | 法庭记录和档案 记录更新 文件下载 库克县保释法庭 分送 库克县巡回上诉法庭书记员办公室 库克县州检察官办公室 进度 | |
[00:45] | All right, let’s go. Get on in here. | 好的 往前走 进这儿来 |
[00:48] | Come on. All I need is Wednesday. | 拜托了 我只需要周三 |
[00:50] | Then give me Monday. | 那周一我来 |
[00:51] | That is shoplifting day. | 那天是入店行窃日 |
[00:52] | I make half my nut on shoplifting day. | 我一半收入都靠那天了 |
[00:53] | Come on, Lucca, help me out here. | 拜托 卢卡 帮帮我吧 |
[00:55] | Not in a million years, Don. | 这次不行 唐 |
[00:56] | What happened to “Bar attorneys stick together”? | 不是说好了「在庭律师团结一致」的吗 |
[00:58] | When have bar attorneys ever stuck together? | 在庭律师什么时候团结过 |
[01:00] | Hey, someone’s got money. | 某人挺有钱嘛 |
[01:03] | DUI in the suit. | 酒驾的白领 |
[01:06] | No, nervous kid on the end. | 不对 最后那个男孩很紧张 |
[01:08] | It’s a drug lawyer. | 是毒品案律师 |
[01:14] | Hey, is that, um…? | 喂 那是不是… |
[01:16] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[01:17] | What’s she doing here? | 她来这里做什么 |
[01:19] | She tried to steal an election. | 她曾试图舞弊当选 |
[01:20] | Where else would she go? | 还能去哪儿混 |
[01:23] | – Bar attorney? – Yeah. | -在庭律师吗 -对 |
[01:26] | – Back row. – Ah. Sorry. | -后面这排 -抱歉 |
[01:31] | It’s my first day. | 我第一天处理这种案件 |
[01:32] | Really? Wouldn’t have guessed. | 是吗 没料到 |
[01:34] | Alicia Florrick. | 艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[01:35] | – We know. – I voted for you. | -我们知道 -我投了你一票 |
[01:38] | Oh. Sorry about that. | 抱歉让你失望了 |
[01:40] | I have a crammed lockup today, | 今天拘留所满满当当 |
[01:42] | so let’s all work together, | 所以我们一起努力 |
[01:43] | and we’ll get through this with some alacrity. | 加快节奏搞定这些案子 |
[01:45] | How many bar attorneys do I have? | 在场有多少在庭律师 |
[01:49] | Gentlemen, you have three bar attorneys here for you today. | 先生们 今天有三位在庭律师帮你们 |
[01:51] | They’ve been approved by the Chicago | 他们是由芝加哥律师协会批准 |
[01:53] | Bar Association to help with the non-indigents. | 来帮助非贫困被告的 |
[01:56] | That means you. | 就是你们 |
[01:57] | Congratulations, gentlemen. You may think you’re poor, | 恭喜了 先生们 或许你们自以为穷 |
[02:00] | but you are not poor enough to have a public defender. | 但还没有穷到能用公设辩护律师 |
[02:03] | So you have the option of hiring one of these three. | 所以你们可以在三名在庭律师中择一雇佣 |
[02:06] | Four. | 四名 |
[02:09] | Just so you know, you’re under no obligation to hire them. | 先声明 你们没有义务要雇佣他们 |
[02:12] | Bar attorneys are merely a convenience for you | 在庭律师只是为了方便你们 |
[02:14] | and for the court so we can dispense with your case today. | 和法庭能够在今天解决案子 |
[02:17] | If you want to find your own attorney, | 如果你们想找自己的律师 |
[02:19] | you will have to do so tonight after the bond hearing, | 只能今晚在保释听证会结束后去找 |
[02:22] | which will, of course, push your hearing to tomorrow. | 当然 这样你的听证会就会延后到明天 |
[02:25] | Still, it’s up to you. Do you understand? | 这仍然取决你们的决定 明白了吗 |
[02:28] | I don’t get involved | 我不收你们的钱 |
[02:29] | with the fee, so make your arrangements with them. | 和他们争论去 |
[02:31] | Ms. Quinn, you have 12 defendants. | 奎因女士 你有12名被告 |
[02:34] | Males 114 to 125. | 114号到125号男性 |
[02:37] | Mr. Bukovitz, eight. | 布科委兹先生8名 |
[02:38] | 126 to 133. Come on. | 126号至133号 过来吧 |
[02:42] | Mr. Weingarten, ten. | 温加藤先生 十名 |
[02:44] | 134 to 143. | 134到143号 |
[02:46] | – Lyndquist? – All right, Matan. | -林奎斯特 -好了 马坦 |
[02:47] | – Mr.Lyndquist. – I’ll look through these in order | -林奎斯特先生 -我会按轻重缓急 |
[02:49] | of importance. | 审查这些案件的 |
[02:49] | You have kids? Mr. Hocker? | 你有孩子吗 霍克先生 |
[02:50] | Start with misdemeanors. | 从轻罪开始 |
[02:51] | Are you employed, Mr. Lyndquist? | 你有工作吗 林奎斯特先生 |
[02:53] | Witnesses put you at the scene of the crime. | 目击证人说你在犯罪现场 |
[02:55] | Is that what we got here? | 是这样的吗 |
[02:56] | This is the third time in two years. | 这是两年来第三次了 |
[02:59] | – Yes, Your Honor. – You have kids? | -是 法官阁下 -你有孩子吗 |
[03:00] | Is your wife here? At the back? | 你妻子在这里吗 在后面 |
[03:02] | In the corner. | 角落里 |
[03:04] | Excuse me, am I supposed to check in with someone? | 不好意思 我是不是要先找人登记 |
[03:06] | – What? – Well, the judge– he didn’t include me. | -什么 -法官 他没把我算在内 |
[03:08] | Oh, yeah, I saw that. | 是 我看到了 |
[03:10] | Let’s put them at the bottom of the stack | 我们把这些放到最后 |
[03:11] | and get this party started. | 现在开始狂欢吧 |
[03:17] | Your Honor, excuse me. | 法官阁下 抱歉打扰 |
[03:18] | I just wanted to introduce myself. | 我只想介绍一下自己 |
[03:20] | I’m Alicia Florrick. | 我是艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[03:21] | I’m on my way to lunch, Ma’am. | 我这样要去吃午饭 女士 |
[03:22] | Yes, sir, but I just wanted you to know | 好的 先生 但我只想让你知道 |
[03:24] | that I am available as a bar attorney. | 我也是一名可供选择的在庭律师 |
[03:26] | – Yes, I get that. – Thank you. | -好 我知道了 -谢谢 |
[03:28] | I fought over 45 criminal cases, Your Honor. | 我曾经打过45件刑事官司 法官阁下 |
[03:30] | Yes, and you were partner at Florrick-Agos, | 没错 你还曾是福&艾律所的合伙人 |
[03:32] | and your husband is governor, and you ran for State’s Attorney. | 你丈夫是州长 你竞选过州检察官 |
[03:35] | – I’m aware of it. – Then you know I’m capable, sir. | -我清楚 -那你知道我能够胜任 |
[03:37] | Of winning cases. So? | 能打赢官司 那又如何 |
[03:41] | I have 350 cases a day to process. | 我每天有350件案子要处理 |
[03:43] | That’s a case every 90 seconds. | 也就是说每件大概花90秒 |
[03:45] | And if I fall behind, I hear from the chief justice. | 如果落下进度会挨首席法官的骂 |
[03:47] | – I won’t hold you up, sir. – Yes, you will. | -我不会拖你时间 先生 -你会的 |
[03:50] | You’re play-acting. | 你喜欢表演 |
[03:51] | The other bar attorneys in there– | 那里的其他出庭律师 |
[03:52] | they need the money, they’re hungry. | 他们需要钱 他们要填肚子 |
[03:54] | I have kids in college. | 我有个上大学的孩子 |
[03:55] | I don’t share finances with my husband. | 我和我丈夫彼此财产独立 |
[03:57] | – You were a partner in a top firm. – Yes. | -你曾是顶尖律所的合伙人 -没错 |
[03:59] | And I can’t get a job since… since the scandal. | 但自从那个丑闻之后我就找不到工作了 |
[04:03] | I can’t help you, ma’am. | 我帮不了你 女士 |
[04:04] | The last thing I need in my courtroom is a Marie Antoinette. | 我的法庭最不待见玛丽·安托内特 |
[04:07] | I’m not a Marie Antoinette. | 我不是玛丽·安托内特 |
[04:08] | Your ride, Mrs. Florrick. | 你的车到了 福瑞克夫人 |
[04:12] | From Mr. Canning. | 坎宁先生派我来的 |
[04:14] | He wants to take you to lunch. | 他想请你去吃个午饭 |
[04:21] | No. | 不行 |
[04:23] | I didn’t ask it yet. | 我都还没问呢 |
[04:24] | It’s the same answer as before. I don’t want to work for you. | 答案和以前一样 我不想为你工作 |
[04:27] | – Work with me. – I don’t want to work with you. | -是和我一起工作 -我不想和你一起工作 |
[04:29] | – Why not? – You’re the devil. | -为什么 -你是恶魔 |
[04:33] | I-I… I thought you liked me. | 我以为你喜欢我 |
[04:35] | I do like you, but I don’t like your cases. | 我是喜欢你 可我不喜欢你的案子 |
[04:39] | I don’t like who you defend. | 我不喜欢你代理的那些客户 |
[04:40] | Tobacco, pharmaceuticals. | 烟草 药物 |
[04:42] | Alicia, I’ve looked into your finances, | 艾丽西娅 我看过你的财务状况 |
[04:43] | and you made a bad deal on your exit agreement. | 你在退职协议上可亏大了 |
[04:46] | You’re doing grunt work as a bar attorney for $135 a case. | 现在当在庭律师打发时间 一个案子135美元 |
[04:49] | – Thank you for lunch, Mr. Canning. – Now wait. | -谢谢你的午餐 坎宁先生 -等等 |
[04:51] | All I’m saying is, there’s no honor in starting over. | 我只是想说 从头再来没什么可骄傲的 |
[04:57] | For the first time in my life, | 我人生中第一次 |
[04:59] | I don’t have to answer to anyone. | 不需要听任何人的 |
[05:02] | It’s just me. | 我就是我 |
[05:05] | Have you read Milan Kundera? | 你读过米兰·昆德拉的作品吗 |
[05:07] | What? No. | 什么 没有 |
[05:09] | I have… in the hospital, | 我读过 在医院里 |
[05:10] | ’cause, um, I had a lot of time. | 我有很多空闲时间读书 |
[05:13] | Two people bump into each other on a sidewalk… | 两个人在人行道上不小心撞到了对方 |
[05:17] | and it’s nobody’s fault, just a complete accident. | 谁都不是故意的 只不过是一场意外 |
[05:20] | One person instinctively says, “I’m sorry.” | 一个人下意识地去道歉 |
[05:22] | And the other says, “Watch it!” | 另一个人则说「小心点」 |
[05:29] | Okay? | 然后呢 |
[05:31] | You’re the apologizer. | 你就是那个道歉的人 |
[05:33] | And for no good reason. | 而且没有任何理由 |
[05:34] | Because you’re a woman who occupies space on this planet? | 难道就因为你占据了这个地球上的空间 |
[05:38] | That’s why you should work for me. | 所以你应该来给我工作 |
[05:39] | Let the devil teach you how to say, “Watch it.” | 让恶魔好好教教你 怎么让别人「小心点」 |
[05:43] | You just let it slip. | 你说漏嘴了吧 |
[05:46] | “Work for me.” | 「给我干活」 |
[05:48] | I don’t want to work for you. | 我不想给你干活 |
[05:50] | I don’t want to answer for anyone else. | 我也不想听从任何人指派 |
[05:56] | What? | 什么 |
[05:59] | You-you seem like you’re gonna launch into a… | 看起来你是打算… |
[06:01] | Would you excuse me, please? | 抱歉 请等一下 |
[06:02] | …inspiring soliloquy about self-sufficiency. | 自我鼓励 自力更生了 |
[06:07] | Alicia. What’s up? | 艾丽西娅 怎么了 |
[06:09] | Peter should run. | 彼得应该去参加竞选 |
[06:11] | What? | 什么 |
[06:12] | I said, I think Peter should run. | 我说 我认为彼得应该去参加竞选 |
[06:17] | Eli? | 伊莱 |
[06:18] | Uh, y-y-yes. | 我在 |
[06:19] | I just have to put a few things into operation. | 我刚才在处理一些事情 |
[06:21] | Why? Why-why… Why are you changing your mind? | 你为什么改变主意了 |
[06:23] | I realized I was deciding things for Peter, | 我只是发现我一直在替彼得做决定 |
[06:26] | and I’m through with people making decisions for me. | 现在恰好有人也想替我做决定 |
[06:29] | You’re snapping fingers at me. | 你在对我打响指 |
[06:31] | I don’t know what snapping fingers means. | 我不知道打响指是什么意思 |
[06:33] | Get Ruth on the line! Ruth Eastman! | 给鲁斯打电话 鲁斯·伊斯曼 |
[06:35] | Is Grace okay with this? | 格蕾丝同意吗 |
[06:36] | Grace has always been okay with it. It was me. | 格蕾丝没什么意见 是我不同意 |
[06:38] | You will be involved? | 你会帮忙吗 |
[06:40] | It depends what you need. | 要看你需要我做什么了 |
[06:41] | Tomorrow we need to declare. | 我们明天要发表声明 |
[06:43] | I’ll get us a TV interview. | 我来安排电视采访 |
[06:44] | After 5. | 5点以后 |
[06:45] | I’ll call you back. | 我一会打给你 |
[06:49] | You’re in. | 你可以参加竞选了 |
[06:51] | – Alicia? – Yeah. | -艾丽西娅 -是的 |
[06:52] | We’ve got to get moving fast! | 我们的动作要快 |
[06:53] | Why? What did she say? | 为什么 她说什么了 |
[06:54] | Oh, something about not wanting to speak for you, | 就说不想替你做决定之类的 |
[06:57] | or something eloquent. | 讲得头头是道 |
[06:58] | We’ve got to make a play for Ruth Eastman. | 我们得把鲁斯·伊斯曼拉拢过来 |
[07:00] | She’s the miracle worker of Iowa, | 她是爱荷华的奇迹制造者 |
[07:02] | and she won’t work with Hillary. | 而且她不会帮希拉里做事 |
[07:03] | Eastman’s leaving her office right now. | 伊斯曼正准备离开办公室 |
[07:04] | – She asked to call you tomorrow. – No. | -她说明天给你打电话 -不 |
[07:06] | Tell her I’m coming to her. | 告诉她 我去找她 |
[07:07] | Tell her not to leave! She’s fielding offers. | 告诉她别走 她是要谈价钱 |
[07:09] | We got to get ours in quick. | 我们得快点行动 |
[07:11] | I haven’t decided yet, sir. | 我还没有决定 先生 |
[07:14] | No, I think you have a very good chance. | 不 我觉得很有可能 |
[07:16] | You said you wouldn’t leave. | 你说你不会走的 |
[07:17] | Can I call you back, sir? | 我给你回电话好吗 先生 |
[07:19] | Who’s that? O’Malley? Sanders? Webb? | 谁 奥马利 桑德斯 韦伯 |
[07:23] | I didn’t say I wouldn’t leave, Eli. | 我没说我不会走 伊莱 |
[07:24] | Peter Florrick is running. | 彼得·福瑞克要参加竞选了 |
[07:27] | Running for what? | 竞选什么 |
[07:29] | He’s making a play for Vice President. | 他要竞选副总统 |
[07:31] | No. | 不 |
[07:32] | Hillary will choose a senator. | 希拉里会选一个参议员 |
[07:33] | No, a governor, an outsider. | 不 要选州长 选一个局外人 |
[07:36] | Someone with a good story. | 一个有故事的人 |
[07:38] | A man in prison, wrongfully convicted, | 曾经蒙冤入狱 |
[07:40] | who comes back in triumph to become governor. | 出狱后又一跃成为了州长 |
[07:42] | A man whose wife tried to steal an election. | 他的妻子涉嫌在选举中舞弊 |
[07:45] | A beloved wife who was misled by her handlers. | 那是他心爱的妻子被竞选团队引入歧途 |
[07:47] | Weren’t you one of those handlers? | 你不也是竞选团队的一员吗 |
[07:48] | Peter needs to come in a strong second in Iowa, | 彼得需要在爱荷华州找到一个强有力的支持者 |
[07:50] | or the press will write us off. | 否则媒体不会把我们当回事 |
[07:51] | I’m heading to the airport, Eli. | 我要赶去机场 伊莱 |
[07:53] | Let’s talk tomorrow. | 有什么事明天再说吧 |
[07:54] | $25,000 a month, Ruth. | 一个月两万五美元 鲁斯 |
[07:56] | Five percent of the media budget, no cap. | 百分之五的媒体预算 不设上限 |
[07:59] | A win bonus of two months salary. | 竞选成功后 外加两个月工资作奖金 |
[08:00] | – You won’t get better from Sanders. – Hello. | -桑德斯不可能给出更好的条件了 -你好 |
[08:03] | Could you hold, please? | 能麻烦你等一下吗 |
[08:04] | – Eli, I have to take this. – Just don’t say “Yes.” | -伊莱 我必须接这个电话 -别答应他 |
[08:07] | Promise me you’ll meet Peter first. | 答应我 先去见彼得 |
[08:09] | I’ll meet Peter first. Can I go now? | 我会先见彼得 我能走了吗 |
[08:12] | Yes. | 好的 |
[08:16] | Mrs. Florrick, hello. | 福瑞克夫人 你好 |
[08:20] | You’re home early from court. | 你今天下庭真早 |
[08:22] | I asked Ms. Smulders to wait in the office for you. | 我让斯马尔德斯女士在办公室等你 |
[08:24] | Ms….? | 什么女士 |
[08:25] | Smulders. Your first client. | 斯马尔德斯 你的第一个客户 |
[08:27] | – From the Web site? – Yeah. | -网上客户吗 -是的 |
[08:28] | Zach put it up last night. It looks really good. | 扎克昨晚放到网上的 看起来很不错 |
[08:33] | Alicia Florrick, Attorney-at-Law. | 艾丽西娅·福瑞克律师 |
[08:36] | Yes, she’s busy, Your Honor. | 是的 她很忙 法官阁下 |
[08:38] | Can she call you back? | 我让她给您回电话好吗 |
[08:39] | – Who is it? – No one. I’m calling myself. | -是谁 -没谁 我自己给自己打的 |
[08:42] | Yes. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢您 |
[08:46] | Ms. Smulders. | 斯马尔德斯女士 |
[08:47] | Hello. I’m Alicia Florrick. | 你好 艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[08:48] | Yes, Mrs. Florrick, | 你好 福瑞克夫人 |
[08:50] | I’m sorry that I didn’t call ahead. | 真抱歉我直接过来了 |
[08:52] | It’s just I… I need a lawyer now, this afternoon. | 因为…我需要位律师 就今天下午 |
[08:55] | Should I take notes, Mrs. Florrick? | 需要做笔录吗 福瑞克夫人 |
[08:58] | No, thank you. I’m good. | 不用 有我就够了 |
[09:01] | I’ll hold your calls. | 我去接 |
[09:03] | Yes, please. | 去吧 |
[09:06] | So, Ms. Smulders, why do you need a lawyer this afternoon? | 那斯马尔德斯女士 您为什么需要律师 |
[09:09] | – My mother died. – I’m so sorry. | -家母过世了 -请节哀 |
[09:12] | No. It was last week, but she didn’t leave a will. | 没事 她上周逝世了 却没立遗嘱 |
[09:16] | It shouldn’t be contentious. | 其实没什么好争的 |
[09:17] | There’s only two of us. | 就两位受益人 |
[09:18] | It’s my brother and myself, and my mother | 我哥和我 并且我妈 |
[09:21] | had put tack-on notes on everything to make sure | 给每件物品都贴了便利贴 |
[09:23] | that there wouldn’t be any disputes over who got what. | 以确保遗产继承没有任何争议 |
[09:26] | My mother doesn’t have a lot of valuable things, | 她的家当都不太值钱 |
[09:28] | but she was a friend of Marc Chagall’s wife, Valentina, | 但她的好友瓦伦蒂娜 马克·夏加尔的夫人 |
[09:31] | and she had given her a signed print. | 送了她一副夏加尔署名的画作 |
[09:34] | A signed Chagall? | 夏加尔的签名画 |
[09:37] | Do you know what it’s worth? | 你知道它市值多少吗 |
[09:39] | $8 million. | 八百万美元 |
[09:44] | I see. Um… | 那好… |
[09:47] | Who’s your brother’s lawyer? | 你哥哥律师又是哪位 |
[09:51] | Alicia. What a surprise. | 艾丽西娅 真巧啊 |
[09:54] | David. Spreading your cheer far and wide, I see. | 大卫 看来你又来当亲善大使了 |
[09:56] | I thought you were working as a bond court pimp. | 你不是在保释听证会拉皮条吗 |
[09:59] | What are you doing here? | 来这儿干吗 |
[10:00] | Multitasking. | 搞点副业 |
[10:02] | I heard you lost your top four clients. | 听说你最大的四个客户都炒了你 |
[10:04] | No. Three clients, and they weren’t top. | 不 就三个 而且不是大客户 |
[10:06] | Too bad this will be a clean dissolution of assets. | 只可惜这只是一次简单的财产分割 |
[10:09] | It’d be fun to get down in the muck together. | 不然咱俩一起去找便利贴也不错 |
[10:11] | Oh, I have a feeling you’ll find a way | 我有预感你肯定会想办法 |
[10:12] | to get down in the muck on this Chagall. | 直接找到夏加尔画作的那张 |
[10:16] | Oh, here’s our executor now. | 遗嘱执行人来了 |
[10:18] | – Hello, Mr. Dandy. – Handy. | -你好 丹迪先生 -是汉迪 |
[10:21] | Oh, I’m sorry. Here. | 真抱歉 给我吧 |
[10:23] | Let me help you with that, Mr. Handy. | 让我帮你 汉迪先生 |
[10:26] | As the executor, I’ll photograph the placement | 身为遗嘱执行人 我会拍照记录下 |
[10:28] | of Mrs. Smulders’ tack-on notes on her valuables, | 斯马尔德斯夫人将便利贴贴在什么位置 |
[10:30] | and if there is any disagreement, | 若有任何纠纷 |
[10:31] | I will be the final arbiter. Are we agreed? | 我将成为最终仲裁者 有异议吗 |
[10:34] | This door has not been opened since Mrs. Smulders’ death, | 这门自斯马尔德斯夫人过世后就没打开过 |
[10:36] | and this is the only key, so… | 这又是唯一的钥匙 所以… |
[10:39] | Here we go. It’ll be my note or yours. | 来吧 看这些便利贴到底归谁 |
[10:49] | Great. They all fell off. | 好极了 它们全掉了 |
[10:52] | – What is that? – A smoothie. | -那是什么 -奶昔啊 |
[10:54] | You don’t drink smoothies. | 你从不喝奶昔的啊 |
[10:55] | I know. I’m changing, like a butterfly. | 是啊 但我蜕茧成蝶发生改变了 |
[10:57] | – Good meeting? – Yeah. | -谈得不错吗 -是啊 |
[10:58] | Ruth Eastman gives us second place in Iowa. | 鲁斯·伊斯曼能帮我们在爱荷华州拿到第二 |
[11:00] | Second place in Iowa gives us street cred. | 这样声望也就随之而来 |
[11:02] | And street cred gives us a hearing with Hillary. | 而声望能让我们与希拉里共赴听证会 |
[11:04] | And that is why I am drinking a smoothie. | 所以我会喝奶昔 |
[11:10] | Eli. Hi. | 你来啦 伊莱 |
[11:11] | Hi. | 你们好 |
[11:13] | – You two are meeting already? – Yeah. | -你俩已经谈过了吗 -是的 |
[11:15] | So, uh, let Eli and I talk, and then when we’re done, Mm-hmm. | 那 让我和伊莱聊聊 这样就完事了 |
[11:18] | maybe you two can get together and have a conversation. Good? | 你俩说不定也能谈一下 好吗 |
[11:21] | Good. Uh, I want everything to be copacetic here. | 好 我想让一切井井有序 |
[11:25] | I hate contention. | 我讨厌争个不停 |
[11:34] | Why would there be contention, Peter? | 为什么要有争执 彼得 |
[11:36] | Have a seat, have a seat. | 先坐 坐下再聊 |
[11:36] | No, i’m good. I’m good. Why-why-why contention? | 这样就好了 怎么会有争执 |
[11:39] | Ruth has agreed to come on board. | 鲁斯答应入伙了 |
[11:41] | And she has a campaign strategy | 并且她的竞选策略 |
[11:43] | that is… very good. | 非常…完美 |
[11:45] | – Good. Good. – I think | -很好 很好 -我觉得 |
[11:47] | I think she partially believes in me. But, more importantly, | 她挺相信我的 但更重要的是 |
[11:50] | – she dislikes the Clintons. – How long has she been here? | -她不喜欢克林顿那一家 -她在这儿呆了多久 |
[11:53] | Uh, about an hour. | 一个小时左右 |
[11:55] | I was just with her an hour ago. | 可我一小时前才刚跟她谈过 |
[11:59] | You were the one on the phone offering her a job. | 你就是电话那头给她工作的人吗 |
[12:07] | – My job? – Eli, it’s a national campaign, | -要取代我吗 -伊莱 这可是全国选举 |
[12:10] | and I need a national strategist. | 需要位相应人替我出谋划策 |
[12:12] | Oh, my God, you’re firing me. | 天啊 你要炒了我 |
[12:13] | No, I’m not. I’m not. | 不是 并没有 |
[12:15] | Whatever happened to loyalty? | 你居然如此不忠 |
[12:16] | – This isn’t about loyalty. – I got you here. | -这无关忠诚 -是我成就了你 |
[12:18] | You wouldn’t be here without me. | 没有我你哪有今天 |
[12:20] | Oh, now, wait a minute… | 你先别急… |
[12:21] | No, no. When you were polling nothing, | 不 当你一票都拉不到 |
[12:23] | when you were banging your ethics coordinator– | 当你和道德调查员乱搞的时候 |
[12:25] | your freakin’ ethics coordinator– I stuck by you! | 那该死的道德调查员 是我在帮你 |
[12:28] | I cleaned up your mess. | 是我帮你擦的屁股 |
[12:29] | Prostitutes, groupies, Alicia… | 无论是召妓 追星族 还是艾丽西娅… |
[12:31] | – Don’t go there. – I was the one freakin’ set of footprints in the sand! | -适可而止 -我是那被人过了河就拆的桥 |
[12:34] | Eli, this is not about you. | 伊莱 这不关私人恩怨 |
[12:36] | This is about me trying to reach the middle class, | 我只是想打入中产阶级罢了 |
[12:39] | – and I need her to do it! – Are you insane?! | -而她能做到这些 -你脑子进水了吗 |
[12:41] | Are you so narcissistic you can’t see | 你是自恋得都看不到 |
[12:43] | you’re stabbing me in the back? | 你背后捅了我一刀吗 |
[12:45] | I see a political operative who has a very inflated sense of his own worth. | 我只看到个过度高估自身价值的政客 |
[12:48] | Go to hell, Peter! | 去你妈的 彼得 |
[12:55] | All right, you should go home. | 好了 你该回去了 |
[12:58] | I was gonna ask you to stay and be chief of staff | 我原本想留住你 并让你在办公室 |
[13:00] | – in the governor’s office… – Uh, no. | -做幕僚长的… -够了 |
[13:06] | But you know what I am gonna do? | 你知道我会怎么做吗 |
[13:07] | I’m gonna find someone to run against you. | 我要找个人参选并与你作对 |
[13:17] | You just lost your greatest asset and made your worst enemy. | 你刚把最宝贵的财富转换成最可怕的敌人 |
[13:50] | When does this partner meeting start, huh? | 这合伙人会议什么时候才开 |
[13:52] | – My back is killing me. – It’s these chairs. | -我的背要痛死我了 -怪这些椅子 |
[13:55] | We need better lumbar support. | 咱得买些更好的才行 |
[13:57] | God, my butt. It’s like sitting at a ball game. | 妈呀 我的屁股啊 跟坐在球场一样 |
[14:03] | Hey, a little quiet, please, huh? | 安静点 可以吗 |
[14:05] | Can’t you see we’re working here? | 没看到我们在工作吗 |
[14:11] | Everything good? | 一切顺利吗 |
[14:13] | Yeah. Sorry about the noise, Mr. Agos. | 顺利 很抱歉吵到你了 艾格斯先生 |
[14:16] | Uh, you don’t… you don’t have to call me Mr. Agos. | 你不必叫我艾格斯先生 |
[14:23] | You know, one thing I wanted to get going | 我一直想做的一件事 |
[14:25] | was an associate social. | 就是初级律师联谊 |
[14:27] | So maybe one night this week we can… | 或许这周某天晚上我们可以去 |
[14:29] | How you doing, kids? | 你们好吗 孩子们 |
[14:30] | Mr. Lyman, how’s it going? | 莱曼先生 你好吗 |
[14:31] | Oh, come on. None of that Mr. Lyman stuff. | 别叫什么莱曼先生 |
[14:34] | Just call me Howie. | 叫我小霍就行 |
[14:35] | Howie, hmm? | 小霍 好吗 |
[14:39] | How you doing? | 你好吗 |
[14:40] | I love that shirt. | 我喜欢那件衬衫 |
[14:44] | We have a court time at 3:00 p.m. today, Alicia, | 我们今天下午三点就要上庭 艾丽西娅 |
[14:46] | and I am not gonna get into a fight on this. | 我不想就这事争论 |
[14:48] | Don’t lay it on so thick. | 别太夸张了 |
[14:50] | Let’s agree to a 50% split on all assets, | 所有财产五五分成怎么样 |
[14:53] | including the Chagall. | 包括夏加尔画作 |
[14:54] | Fine with me. See you then. | 我没问题 到时见 |
[14:56] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[15:04] | Hey, look who’s back. | 看看谁又来了 |
[15:06] | – You were wrong. – Schakowsky freezes her out | -你说错了 -沙考斯基如果 |
[15:08] | one more time, she’ll run off crying. | 再把她逼走 她会哭着跑掉的 |
[15:11] | – I don’t know. – What do you mean you don’t know? | -我看不好说 -不好说是什么意思 |
[15:13] | She doesn’t look like she’ll quit. | 她看上去不像是要放弃的人 |
[15:15] | Right, like her S.A. run. | 也对 就像州检察官竞选 |
[15:16] | She stuck that one out. Never quit. | 她坚持到底 从未退选 |
[15:18] | – Good morning. – We had a very full lockup | -早上好 -今天我们的拘留犯 |
[15:21] | here today, so let’s all work together | 排满了 让我们共同努力 |
[15:23] | and we’ll get through this with some alacrity. | 迅速搞定 |
[15:25] | How many bar attorneys do I have today? | 今天有多少在庭律师 |
[15:27] | Four, Your Honor. | 四个 法官阁下 |
[15:31] | Ms. Quinn, you have 25 males. | 奎恩女士 你今天有25名男被告 |
[15:33] | Mr. Bukovitz, 18. | 布科委兹先生18名 |
[15:35] | And, Mr. Weingarten, 20. Get up here. | 温加藤先生20名 上来吧 |
[15:44] | It was a full moon last night. We had an influx of arrests. | 昨晚是满月 我们收纳了一大堆拘留犯 |
[15:46] | So keep it moving. | 所以赶紧得吧 |
[15:54] | – What? – For the purposes of speed, | -怎么了 -考虑到速度 |
[15:56] | Your Honor, I would suggest giving five | 法官阁下 我建议把我的案子 |
[15:57] | – of my sheets to Mrs. Florrick. – What? | -分五个给福瑞克夫人 -什么 |
[15:59] | – Why would I do that? – I don’t think I can carry this load | -我为何要这么做 -我认为我无法 |
[16:01] | with the speed you require. | 在你要求的速度下承担这么重的负荷 |
[16:02] | You’ve done it before. | 你之前都做过 |
[16:03] | Yeah, but I don’t think I can today. | 是啊 但我今天不行 |
[16:07] | She slows me down, | 如果她拖了我的进度 |
[16:08] | it’s your problem, Lucca. | 责任在你 卢卡 |
[16:10] | I’m not joking. | 我没开玩笑 |
[16:12] | Make sure she keeps up. | 确保她跟上进度 |
[16:17] | Mrs. Florrick, | 福瑞克夫人 |
[16:18] | come on up here, please. | 请上前来 |
[16:21] | – Yes, Your Honor. – Six cases. | -是 法官阁下 -六名被告 |
[16:23] | Don’t slow me down, you hear me? | 别拖我的进度 知道吗 |
[16:25] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 谢谢 法官阁下 |
[16:27] | And if the meaning of “Alacrity” escapes anyone… | 如果有谁不明白「迅速」的意思 |
[16:30] | – Thanks. – I didn’t do anything. | -谢谢你 -我什么也没做 |
[16:33] | 389. Assault and battery. | 389号 暴力殴打 |
[16:36] | Thank you, Mr. Banner. | 谢谢 班纳先生 |
[16:37] | Can you tell me about the charges, please? | 能请你告诉我你的指控吗 |
[16:38] | Yeah. I didn’t do it. | 好 我没有做 |
[16:40] | – I didn’t punch that bus driver. – What happened? | -我没有打巴士司机 -发生了什么事 |
[16:43] | Well, I was just going to see my wife. She… | 我准备去见我妻子 她… |
[16:46] | – works at the hospital as a nurse. – Damn it, Matan! | -是医院的护士 -该死 马坦 |
[16:48] | And I go to see her for dinner. We just go down to the… | 我去跟她一起吃晚餐 我们在她 |
[16:51] | cafeteria on her break. | 休息的时间去吃饭 |
[16:53] | About the bus driver, sir? | 关于巴士司机的 先生 |
[16:54] | Right, I’m getting to that. | 好 我就要讲到了 |
[16:56] | My wife only gets 45 minutes for dinner, | 我妻子只有45分钟吃饭的时间 |
[16:59] | and if I don’t get there right at 8:00, | 如果我不能在八点整到医院 |
[17:00] | Alicia, can I talk to you for a second? | 艾丽西娅 我能跟你说句话吗 |
[17:01] | we don’t get to have dinner… | 我们就不能去吃晚餐 |
[17:03] | You don’t ask open-ended questions. | 别问开放式问题 |
[17:05] | You ask yes or no questions and only about bail. | 问是或者否的问题 只与保释有关的问题 |
[17:07] | Yeah, but I need to know his story. | 好 但我得知道发生了什么事 |
[17:08] | No, you don’t. | 不 你不需要知道 |
[17:09] | In one minute, the judge is gonna call that client’s name, | 再过一分钟 法官就会叫到你的被告 |
[17:12] | and you’ll have to argue why he deserves bail. | 你就得论述他为什么应当被保释 |
[17:13] | If you’re not ready, he goes to the back of the heap. | 如果你没准备好 他就得回拘留所 |
[17:16] | Josiah, uh, do you have a job? | 约西亚 你有工作吗 |
[17:18] | Well, like, sometimes I work for my brother at his auto shop. | 有时候我会去我哥哥的汽修店打工 |
[17:22] | – It’s not… – And your family, | -那不是 -那你的家人 |
[17:23] | they depend on your job, | 他们要靠你的工作 |
[17:24] | on the money your job brings in? | 依靠你工作赚的钱生活吗 |
[17:26] | Well, you know, sometimes I… | 有时候我 |
[17:27] | Just a yes or no answer, please. | 请回答是或者不是就行 |
[17:28] | – It’s not a yes or no answer. – Come on, let’s go. | -这并非是或不是就能回答的 -走吧 |
[17:29] | Male 19, assault. | 男性 19岁 人身攻击 |
[17:30] | What do you have, ASA? | 你有什么要指控的 助理州检察官 |
[17:32] | Assault and battery. With two BFWs for failure to appear. | 暴力殴打 造成两处无法显现的内出血 |
[17:36] | Uh, he is a danger to the public and a flight risk. | 他危及公众安全且有潜逃的危险 |
[17:39] | Okay, got it. Uh, Mrs. Florrick, | 好 福瑞克夫人 |
[17:41] | mitigation? | 要求减轻刑罚吗 |
[17:42] | Uh, yes, Your Honor. Mr. Banner’s family– | 是 法官阁下 班纳的家人 |
[17:44] | his wife and his children… uh, his child– | 他的妻子和孩子们 他的孩子 |
[17:48] | depends on his salary at, um, an auto body shop that he works at. | 要靠他在汽修店的工资生活 |
[17:52] | And his other BFWs, well, they… | 他的内出血 他们 |
[17:54] | Give me just one second, your Honor… | 请稍等一些 法官阁下 |
[17:58] | Mr. Banner, your bail is set at $500,000. | 班纳先生 你的保释金是五十万美元 |
[18:01] | What? | 什么 |
[18:03] | Excuse me, Your Honor, that’s too much. | 法官阁下 那太多了 |
[18:05] | You need $50,000 to get out of jail. | 你要支付五十万美元才能保释出去 |
[18:07] | I can’t afford that. | 我付不起这么多钱 |
[18:08] | Well, then you’ll be held until trial. | 那你就得一直拘留到庭审 |
[18:10] | August 5, Branch 44. | 8月5号 44分庭 |
[18:13] | Next up, male 19, | 下一位 男性19岁 |
[18:14] | drunk and disorderly. | 犯酗酒和妨害治安罪 |
[18:16] | Just move on to the next, now. | 去问下一位就是 快去 |
[18:19] | …obstructing traffic in Wicker Park. | 在柳条公园阻塞交通 |
[18:21] | The State requests $20,000 bail. | 州检察院要求交纳两万美元保释金 |
[18:23] | Damn it, Matan, | 见鬼 马坦 |
[18:24] | if you don’t have the jacket on the DUI… | 如果你还没有酒驾案的文件夹 |
[18:26] | Uh, William R. Johnson. | 威廉姆·R·约翰逊 |
[18:28] | DUI? | 酒驾 |
[18:34] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[18:36] | I had six clients; four are still behind bars. | 我有六个被告 四个还关在里面 |
[18:40] | What do you think? | 你觉得会好吗 |
[18:42] | We’re not in the miracle-working business. | 我们干得不是创造奇迹的工作 |
[18:44] | It’s an assembly line. | 我们做的是流水线似的工作 |
[18:46] | Keep the court moving– that’s all. | 确保法庭能一直审判 仅此而已 |
[18:48] | Here’s the other thing. You didn’t make any money today. | 还有 你今天没赚到钱 |
[18:52] | Yes, I did. | 不 我赚了 |
[18:54] | I had six cases. $135 a case. | 我有六个案子 每个135美元 |
[18:56] | No. None of them’s gonna pay you. | 不 没有人会给你付钱 |
[18:58] | You have to get ’em to check this box on their sheet. | 你得让他们在表上勾选这个框 |
[19:00] | It allows the county to send the $135 refunded bail straight to you. | 勾选后 县里会给你寄135美元的退还保释金 |
[19:05] | That’s how you get paid. | 这样你才能赚到钱 |
[19:07] | That’s how you don’t get cheated. | 这样你才能不受骗 |
[19:09] | Otherwise, no one’ll send you any money. | 反之 就不会有人给你寄钱 |
[19:11] | You catch on. It just takes a while. | 你得明白 这需要花点时间 |
[19:17] | Yeah. | 什么事 |
[19:20] | Uh, damn it. I-I’m-I’m minutes away. | 该死 我几分钟就到 |
[19:25] | Oh, I see we have the small court today. | 看来今天人不多 |
[19:28] | 72 degrees, please, Sheriff. Thank you. | 法警 麻烦把温度调到22度 谢谢 |
[19:32] | This is supposed to be a relatively easy probate. | 这是件挺简单的遗嘱认证案啊 |
[19:34] | What are we waiting on? | 我们在等谁呢 |
[19:35] | Not on us, Your Honor. | 不是我们 法官阁下 |
[19:36] | – We’re ready. – Me. | -我们准备好了 -是我 |
[19:38] | Your Honor, excuse me. I’m just coming from bond court. | 抱歉 法官阁下 我刚从保释法庭过来 |
[19:40] | We’re ready, too. Due to the loss of tack-on notes, | 我们也准备好了 由于便利贴遗失 |
[19:43] | Mrs. Smulders has agreed to a fifty-fifty division | 斯马尔德斯夫人同意 |
[19:45] | – of all assets. – Wise. | -将财产五五分 -明智 |
[19:46] | Good. Mr. Lee? | 很好 那李先生怎么说呢 |
[19:47] | We would disagree that the notes are lost, Your Honor. | 我们不同意便利贴遗失的说法 法官阁下 |
[19:50] | I’m sorry, Your Honor, but given the fact | 抱歉 法官阁下 鉴于实际情况 |
[19:53] | that a heat wave caused the notes to fall and are now | 天热造成了便利贴脱落 |
[19:56] | spread across the floor of Mrs. Smulders’ house, | 斯马尔德斯夫人家里遍地都撒满了 |
[19:58] | I would call that lost. | 在我看来就叫遗失 |
[20:00] | We would like to call a witness, Your Honor. | 我们想传唤一名证人 法官阁下 |
[20:02] | Dr. Ian Caine, adhesive expert | 伊恩·凯恩博士 |
[20:05] | at Solvent and Curables Lab. | 来自溶剂与固化实验室的粘合剂专家 |
[20:09] | You’re what? | 你是什么 |
[20:11] | An adhesive expert. | 粘合剂专家 |
[20:13] | Really? That’s a job? | 真的假的 这也算一种职业吗 |
[20:16] | Yes, it is, Your Honor. | 是的 法官阁下 |
[20:18] | Dr. Caine, did you have an opportunity | 凯恩博士 你到斯马尔德斯夫人家里 |
[20:21] | – to examine the notes in Mrs. Smulders’ house? – Yes, I did. | -检查过那些便利贴吗 -是的 检查过 |
[20:24] | Pressure sensitive adhesives. Simple and imperfect. | 是压敏胶 简易但不太牢靠的一种粘合剂 |
[20:28] | – And did you find anything relevant to this case? – Yes. | -你是否发现与本案有关的线索 -发现了 |
[20:30] | Every adhesive retains some trace of the surface | 每个贴便利贴的物体上 |
[20:33] | it comes in contact with. | 都留有粘剂的残余 |
[20:35] | We call that “Pressure sensitive contact release.” | 我们称之为「压敏材料的接触释放」 |
[20:38] | And did you do a chemical study | 那你有为这张便利贴上的粘剂 |
[20:40] | of the adhesive on this specific note? | 做过化学检测吗 |
[20:43] | Yes. It had traces | 做过了 结果显示 |
[20:45] | of Dutch Gold Leaf on its adhesive strip. | 粘合带处有荷兰金箔的残留成分 |
[20:47] | Your Honor, objection, we’ve had no access to this testing. | 反对 法官阁下 我们还没看过这个检测 |
[20:51] | Well, give them access now. | 那现在给他们看吧 |
[20:56] | There is a painting in Mrs. Smulders’ house, | 斯马尔德斯夫人家里 |
[20:58] | a Chagall original. | 有幅夏加尔的原作 |
[21:00] | Did you happen to study | 那你有没有研究过 |
[21:01] | the chemicals on its gilded frame? | 画作的镀金边框上的化学成分呢 |
[21:03] | Yes, it’s been painted with Dutch Gold Leaf. | 有 边框镀上了一层荷兰金箔 |
[21:06] | Nothing further, Your Honor. | 没别的问题了 法官阁下 |
[21:07] | Thank you. I’m sure you want some extra time | 谢谢 我想你需要多点时间 |
[21:10] | to go over that report, Mrs. Florrick. | 阅读那份报告 福瑞克夫人 |
[21:12] | Yes, Your Honor, but I do have a few questions. | 是的 法官阁下 但我有几个问题 |
[21:14] | Dr. Caine, I see that there are other chemicals | 凯恩博士 我看到这张便利贴的粘剂上 |
[21:17] | on this note’s adhesive. What are they? | 还有其它化学成分 都是什么呢 |
[21:18] | 粘合带放大20倍成像 荷兰金箔残留成分 | |
[21:19] | House dust mites. | 屋尘螨 |
[21:21] | Various lead compounds. Human hair. | 多种铅化合物 人体毛发 |
[21:23] | From the carpet in the room? | 都是从房间地毯上粘到的吗 |
[21:25] | Yes. Exactly. | 没错 |
[21:27] | – It’s to be expected. – I also see | -很合理 -我还注意到 |
[21:29] | that one of the desk lamps in Mrs. Smulders’ house | 斯马尔德斯夫人家有一盏台灯 |
[21:32] | is made of lead. You see that one here? | 铅制的 这个 你看到了吗 |
[21:34] | – Yes. – Is it possible | -看到了 -那有没有可能 |
[21:36] | that the lead on the adhesive | 粘合带上的铅 |
[21:38] | didn’t come from the carpet | 并非来自地毯 |
[21:39] | but came from the lamp? | 而是来自这盏台灯呢 |
[21:42] | Yes. It’s possible. | 是 有可能 |
[21:43] | But it still had gold leaf on it. | 但上头还粘有金箔 |
[21:45] | That means that the note came from the frame. | 就说明便利贴是从边框上掉下来的 |
[21:48] | But if Mrs. Smulders changed her mind | 可要是斯马尔德斯夫人改变主意 将便利贴 |
[21:51] | – and moved the note from the Chagall to the lamp, – Oh, come on! | -从夏加尔的画框上移到台灯上呢 -拜托 |
[21:54] | would the note have both compounds on it? | 那便利贴上是不是也会同时粘有两种成分 |
[21:57] | Yes, it would. | 会 |
[21:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:59] | I need an aerodynamics expert. | 我需要一位气体力学专家 |
[22:00] | – They’re going after science. – Okay. | -他们要从科学方面做文章 -好的 |
[22:02] | I’ll ask Uncle Owen if he knows anyone. | 我问问欧文叔叔看他有没有这方面的熟人 |
[22:04] | And can you tell Eli I’ll be ten minutes late for the interview? | 能帮我告诉伊莱我会晚十分钟到采访现场吗 |
[22:06] | Yes. Calling now. | 好 马上 |
[22:14] | I don’t know why you’re coming after me so hard. | 我不明白你为何要如此紧咬着我不放 |
[22:18] | Two name partners. Expert witnesses. | 两位冠名合伙人加专家证人 |
[22:21] | You think it’s just happenstance | 你真以为你跟我们打这官司 |
[22:23] | that you have a case across from us? | 是纯属巧合吗 |
[22:35] | Mr. Governor, it’s so good to see you. | 州长先生 见到您真高兴 |
[22:37] | – Ted Willoughby. – You, too, Ted. | -这是泰德·威洛比 -我也是 泰德 |
[22:40] | Me, too, Ted? | 是「我」也是 泰德…吧 |
[22:42] | It’s good to see you, too. | 就是我也很高兴见到你 |
[22:45] | They warned me about your wit. | 有人提醒过我您才智过人 |
[22:48] | Ah, Mrs. Florrick. Hello, I’m Ruth Eastman. | 福瑞克夫人 你好 我是鲁斯·伊斯曼 |
[22:51] | Oh, hello. Sorry I’m late. | 你好 抱歉我迟到了 |
[22:52] | Um, I tried calling Eli, | 我有打电话给伊莱 |
[22:54] | but he didn’t answer. | 但他没接 |
[22:55] | Oh, there-there’s been a slight change. | 计划有微调 |
[22:57] | We’re going ahead with this interview, | 我们会继续这次采访 |
[22:58] | but we’re delaying the announcement till next week. | 但声明要推迟到下周再发表 |
[23:01] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[23:02] | It’s a smarter move. | 这是明智之举 |
[23:03] | Why is that the smarter move? | 何出此言呢 |
[23:08] | We can raise more funds if Peter isn’t a candidate yet. | 皮特还没成为候选人我们就能筹集到更多资金 |
[23:12] | Now, I’ll be getting you a chief of staff | 我会先给你办公室主任的位置 |
[23:14] | to coordinate with the campaign. | 以协助竞选活动 |
[23:16] | I… Um, where’s Eli? | 我 伊莱人呢 |
[23:18] | Oh, he-he’s no longer with the campaign. | 他不再属于竞选团队了 |
[23:21] | I’m Ruth Eastman, the new campaign manager. | 我是鲁斯·伊斯曼 新任竞选经理 |
[23:24] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[23:25] | Eli’s very good, but I have a more national presence. | 伊莱是很出色 但我有更多全国性资源 |
[23:29] | And I think you’ll see we have a lot in common. | 而且我想你会发现我和他有很多共同之处 |
[23:33] | Would you excuse me for a moment? | 抱歉失陪一下 |
[23:36] | Peter, what the hell? | 皮特 怎么回事 |
[23:38] | It’s a national campaign, Alicia. | 这是全国竞选 艾丽西娅 |
[23:40] | I need a campaign manager with a national strategy. | 我需要一个有全国性策略的竞选经理 |
[23:42] | You need someone who cares. | 你需要一个在乎你输赢的人 |
[23:43] | – Eli cared. – Caring is not enough. | -而伊莱就是 -在乎远远不够 |
[23:46] | He doesn’t know the state. | 他不了解整个国家的情况 |
[23:47] | – He doesn’t know the people. – He knows you. | -他不了解全国民众 -但他了解你 |
[23:49] | – He’s loyal to you. – Alicia. | -他忠诚于你 -艾丽西娅 |
[23:51] | Right from the beginning, | 刚开始的时候 |
[23:52] | you wanted nothing to do with this campaign. | 你一点都不想和竞选扯上关系 |
[23:54] | You can’t come in now and pretend that you have a voice. | 你不能现在过来假装你可以对此指手划脚 |
[23:57] | This is my choice. | 这是我的选择 |
[23:58] | It’s a hard choice. It’s the hardest choice | 这是个很难的决择 是我做过的 |
[24:00] | I’ve ever had to make, but it’s mine. | 最难的决择 但这是我自己的选择 |
[24:02] | And I don’t need you coming in now and scolding me. | 我不需要你现在过来指责我 |
[24:09] | My Gosh, | 天哪 |
[24:10] | it’s good to see you two smiling and laughing. | 看到你们在一起谈笑风生真好 |
[24:15] | Mrs. Florrick, | 福瑞克夫人 |
[24:15] | if your husband does run, | 如果你的丈夫真的参选 |
[24:17] | why should voters vote for him? | 为什么选民们要把票投给他呢 |
[24:20] | Well, um, loyalty. | 忠诚 |
[24:24] | He’s loyal to his family. | 他忠于自己的家庭 |
[24:26] | His friends. | 忠于朋友 |
[24:28] | He sticks with people. | 他与人民同心 |
[24:30] | I think Alicia’s being very kind. | 我觉得艾丽西娅说得很温暖 |
[24:33] | Obviously a candidate has to be loyal, | 很明显候选人必须做到忠诚 |
[24:35] | but he’s got to be smart. | 但他也要明智 |
[24:37] | Balance is everything. | 保持平衡最重要 |
[24:38] | Yes, balance. And sticking to your word. | 对 平衡 还要坚持自己的承诺 |
[24:41] | That’s what voters want most in a candidate. | 这是选民们最想在候选人身上看到的 |
[24:43] | Well, I know that’s what I want. | 我知道那也是我想看到的 |
[24:45] | That and… | 还有… |
[24:46] | Can I have a beer with him? | 我能跟他喝杯啤酒吗 |
[25:01] | Eli, it’s me. It’s Alicia. | 伊莱 是我 艾丽西娅 |
[25:07] | Eli, you’re not answering your phone. | 伊莱 你不接电话 |
[25:09] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[25:14] | Eli, I can hear your movie. | 伊莱 我能听到你在看电影 |
[25:18] | Eli. | 伊莱 |
[25:20] | I heard. I’m sorry. | 我听说了 我很抱歉 |
[25:22] | It’s okay, I’m fine. | 没关系 我很好 |
[25:25] | But thanks. | 但是谢了 |
[25:26] | Eli, wait. | 伊莱 等等 |
[25:26] | No, I just need to be done with it, Alicia. | 不 我只是需要让事情过去 艾丽西娅 |
[25:28] | I-I… I was never your friend. | 我从来都不是你的朋友 |
[25:32] | I was just a political operative. I was the help. | 我只是个政治推手 助选人士 |
[25:34] | And, uh… I need to be done. That’s it. | 还有 我需要让事情过去 就是这样 |
[25:44] | No, no, no, we wait for Alicia to present her witness. | 不不 我们先等艾丽西娅亮出她的证人 |
[25:48] | No, I… David, I disagree. | 不 大卫 我反对 |
[25:49] | And then we use it as a rebuttal. | 然后我们利用她的证人反驳她 |
[25:50] | We don’t wait for her to present her witness– | 我们不能等她先传唤证人 |
[25:52] | Don’t you understand what I’m… | 你不明白我在… |
[25:53] | She’s going to get ahead of the argument. | 她会在辩论中领先我们的 |
[25:54] | She’s not gonna get ahead of the argument. | 她不会在辩论中领先我们的 |
[25:55] | – We don’t let her take the offensive. – No. | -我们不能让她先发起攻势 -不 |
[25:57] | – Right now… – Okay, I don’t think you understand | -现在 -好吧 我认为你不明白 |
[25:59] | – the way I’m thinking about this, obvious… – All right. | -我到底是怎么想的 -那好 |
[26:01] | Explain it to me. | 跟我解释下 |
[26:02] | She will present her witness, | 她先亮出她的证人 |
[26:05] | – then we will use the… – Why are we letting her | -然后我们利用 -我们为什么要让她 |
[26:06] | present her witness first? | 先亮出证人 |
[26:08] | – Right-right now, we are… – That’s what I’m trying to explain to you. | -现在我们 -我就是想跟你解释这个 |
[26:10] | Would you let me finish? | 你能让我说完吗 |
[26:22] | So, you guys happy at work? | 你们工作还愉快吗 |
[26:24] | Yeah. | 好啊 |
[26:26] | Seriously, | 说真的 |
[26:28] | if you have any complaints, I’m here, I’m listening. | 如果你有什么抱怨 我在这儿听着呢 |
[26:34] | Well, I pitched to the partners a new way to bill the clients. | 我向合伙人提出了向客户收费的新方式 |
[26:37] | But… | 但是… |
[26:38] | But what? They said no? | 但是什么 他们说不行 |
[26:40] | They wouldn’t listen. | 他们不肯听我说 |
[26:42] | All the new firms are using it. | 所有的新律所都在运用那种方式 |
[26:44] | But the worry I have is, Lockhart/Agos | 但是我担心的是 洛克哈特&艾格斯 |
[26:46] | is seen as an older firm. | 会被看作是老式律所 |
[26:48] | Not as friendly to new ideas. | 不肯接受新想法 |
[26:51] | Well, tell me what the idea is. | 告诉我新想法是什么 |
[26:56] | Dr. Douglas Dooley. | 道格拉斯·杜利博士 |
[26:58] | Aerodynamics expert from Chicago Polytech. | 空气动力学专家 来自芝加哥理工学院 |
[27:01] | Were you able to investigate the fall pattern | 你能否研究夏加尔画作下面 |
[27:03] | of the notes below the Chagall painting? | 便利贴的掉落模式 |
[27:05] | She’s got to be kidding. | 她肯定是在开玩笑 |
[27:06] | Tack-on notes fall in a limited way | 便利贴以有限的方式掉落 |
[27:09] | because they are denser than air. | 因为其密度高于空气 |
[27:11] | They flutter, | 它们会飘动 |
[27:11] | but they will never flutter more than 30 degrees | 但它们飘动的角度不会超过初始角度的 |
[27:14] | from the starting point. | 三十度 |
[27:15] | This is the falling cone. | 这是掉落圆锥图 |
[27:16] | So if we were to look at a photo | 所以如果我们观察 |
[27:18] | of Mrs. Smulders’s residence, | 斯马尔德斯先生住所的照片 |
[27:20] | we would be able to determine what notes could not | 我们就能够确认哪些便利贴不可能 |
[27:23] | have fallen from the Chagall painting? | 是从那副夏加尔的画作上掉下来的 |
[27:24] | Yes, those falling out of this area. | 是的 那些掉出了这个区域的 |
[27:27] | That is the 30-degree cone of falling trajectory | 这是根据画作所有掉落位置做出的 |
[27:30] | from any spot on the painting. | 三十度掉落轨迹圆锥图 |
[27:32] | Dr. Nigel Buggy. | 奈杰尔·巴基博士 |
[27:34] | I’m an industrial suction expert | 我是工业吸力专家 |
[27:36] | with Ames Institute. | 来自艾姆斯研究所 |
[27:38] | Okay, now you’re just making these jobs up. | 这些名头是你自己编出来的吧 |
[27:42] | Dr. Buggy, did you read Dr. Dooley’s testimony? | 巴基博士 你看过杜利博士的证词了吗 |
[27:45] | Wh… Uh, Dr. Dooley– was he the tape guy? | 什么…杜利博士是那个研究胶带的吗 |
[27:47] | No, fall pattern. | 不是 掉落模式的 |
[27:49] | Yes, I did. | 是的 我看了 |
[27:50] | I mean, Dr. Dooley’s opinion only holds | 杜利博士的观点只适用于 |
[27:52] | if the scene were undisturbed. | 现场没有被干扰的情况 |
[27:54] | And what in your opinion disturbed the scene? | 你认为是什么干扰了现场 |
[28:00] | This. | 这个 |
[28:01] | I need you to find out everything you can about Roombas. | 我需要你查找所有关于扫地机器人的资料 |
[28:04] | They’re allowing Mrs. Smulders’ Roomba into evidence. | 他们允许将斯马尔德斯夫人的扫地机器人纳入证据 |
[28:07] | Okay, I’m on their Web site now. | 好的 我现在在看他们的网站 |
[28:08] | What might alter a programmable route for a Roomba? | 有什么能改变扫地机器人的既定编程路线 |
[28:11] | Oh, that’s my call waiting. I’ll call you back. | 我这边有电话进来 回头打给你 |
[28:15] | Hello? | 你好 |
[28:15] | – Alicia Florrick? – Yes, hello. | -艾丽西娅·福瑞克吗 -是我 你好 |
[28:17] | It’s Lucca Quinn. | 我是卢卡·奎恩 |
[28:18] | I need you to step in for me. | 我需要你替我班 |
[28:20] | Um, I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[28:21] | I have a deposition this afternoon. | 我今天下午有个取证 |
[28:22] | I need someone to cover for me in bond court. | 我需要有个人替我出席保释法庭 |
[28:26] | Bar attorneys stick together, Mrs. Florrick. | 在庭律师团结一致 福瑞克夫人 |
[28:27] | We cover for each other. | 我们替彼此出席 |
[28:30] | – What time do you need me? – 1:00 to 4:00. | -需要我什么时间到 -一点到四点 |
[28:32] | You’ll be the only attorney, so I’ll need you there. | 到时只有你这一位律师 所以我需要你 |
[28:34] | Okay, but I have to be in probate court at 4:30. | 行 但我4点30得去遗嘱认证法庭 |
[28:36] | Shouldn’t be a problem. Thanks. | 应该没问题 谢了 |
[28:45] | Eli, this isn’t healthy. | 伊莱 这样下去不健康 |
[28:48] | Snow Nazis? | 看「雪中纳粹」 |
[28:50] | Come on, make some calls. | 振作点 打打电话 |
[28:53] | It’ll make you happy. | 你就高兴了 |
[28:56] | Good. W-Who can I call? | 很好 要我打给谁 |
[29:00] | There you go. | 这就对了 |
[29:03] | Where are you going? | 你要去哪 |
[29:29] | I highlighted the part that matters. | 我把重要的句子标出来了 |
[29:31] | Thank you, Grace. | 谢谢你 格蕾丝 |
[29:32] | Can I stay and watch? | 我能坐这儿看看吗 |
[29:33] | – Definitely. – Thanks. | -当然 -谢谢 |
[29:37] | Eli. Hello. | 伊莱 你好 |
[29:39] | Alicia. | 艾丽西娅 |
[29:41] | You got a haircut. | 你剪头发了 |
[29:42] | It’s sleek. | 很精神 |
[29:44] | I wanted to apologize. | 我要跟你道个歉 |
[29:46] | Obviously, I was very upset, | 那会儿我心情不好 |
[29:47] | but I should never have said that to you. | 但确实不该对你说那些话 |
[29:50] | – It’s okay. – No, it’s not. | -没事的 -不 怎么会没事 |
[29:52] | You never made me feel like the help. | 我对你帮助甚少 |
[29:55] | And I always flattered myself to think I was… | 我还总自以为是… |
[29:59] | almost a friend. | 你的半个朋友 |
[30:00] | – So my apologies. – Accepted. | -我的歉意 -我已接受 |
[30:04] | That’s why I want to be your chief of staff. | 所以我打算当你的幕僚长 |
[30:07] | You’re gonna need a chief of staff. | 你会需要幕僚长的 |
[30:08] | Someone to coordinate with the main campaign. | 为你协调大选事宜 |
[30:10] | And it’s better if you work with someone you know. | 最好是跟熟人合作 |
[30:11] | Eli, I don’t think I’ll have a choice in this. | 伊莱 这件事我可能做不了主 |
[30:13] | I can make this work for you. | 我能帮你搞定 |
[30:15] | Whoever Ruth hires will make your life harder. | 鲁斯找来的人会给你添麻烦 |
[30:17] | And it’s not an easy job– | 而且这工作不好做 |
[30:18] | They’re going to want to rehabilitate you. | 他们会要洗白你 |
[30:20] | Rehabilitate me? | 洗白我 |
[30:21] | From your failed campaign last year, from your scandal. | 我是指去年卸任收场的竞选 你的丑闻 |
[30:24] | They need to make you a wife again. | 他们需要再次把你打造成贤妻 |
[30:28] | Doctor, | 博士 |
[30:29] | you’ve shown us how the programmable Roomba | 您说过定时扫地机器人 |
[30:31] | would have pushed a Clyde note | 有可能把一张克莱德便利贴 |
[30:34] | under the Chagall painting. | 推到夏加尔的画下面 |
[30:35] | But isn’t it true that this machine’s programmed path | 但这台机器的设置路径 |
[30:39] | could be disrupted? | 可能受到干扰对不对 |
[30:40] | I don’t… uh, understand. | 我不明白 |
[30:42] | Doesn’t the instruction manual say | 使用手册上不是说 |
[30:44] | that a low battery causes a Roomba to stop what it’s doing | 低电量时扫地机器人将停止工作 |
[30:47] | and return back to the base station? | 自动返回起点 |
[30:49] | – Oh, yes. – Sheriff, please. | -的确 -法警 麻烦你 |
[30:51] | Your Honor, we haven’t been prepared for this. | 法官阁下 这个我们先前不清楚 |
[30:53] | Can you bring that Roomba back over here? | 把那个扫地机器人拿过来 |
[30:54] | We need to get a better look at it. | 我们要好好看一下 |
[30:56] | Let’s see if the battery level’s low. | 电量低不低 |
[30:59] | Okay, where do I look? | 应该看哪 |
[31:02] | That gauge there… | 那个量表那里… |
[31:03] | Um, Your Honor? | 法官阁下 |
[31:05] | Do you see something sticking out there? | 你看见有东西卡在那儿吗 |
[31:07] | Yes, another tack-on note. | 看见了 又一张便利贴 |
[31:09] | Doctor, could you untangle that thing? | 博士 请你把它拿出来 |
[31:20] | Selena. | 塞利娜 |
[31:23] | Who’s Selena? | 塞利娜又是谁 |
[31:26] | Our housekeeper. | 我们的女管家 |
[31:33] | – We need to get to the housekeeper. – But how do I do that? | -现在得找到女管家 -我要怎么做 |
[31:36] | Well, we need to hire an investigator. By the hour. | 得雇个调查员 按小时计费的那种 |
[31:39] | Damn it, I have to get to bond court. | 该死 我得去保释法庭了 |
[31:41] | But I thought that was tomorrow. | 不是明天才去吗 |
[31:43] | No, I told another attorney I’d help her out. | 是 现在是去帮另一个律师的忙 |
[31:45] | You know what, I’ll ask for investigator references there… | 这样 到了我再问有没有推荐的调查员 |
[31:47] | Mrs. Florrick. | 福瑞克夫人 |
[31:49] | Can I drop you someplace? | 要坐顺风车吗 |
[31:52] | I think we got off on the wrong foot, Alicia. | 我给你的第一印象不太好 艾丽西娅 |
[31:55] | I actually have a very good bedside manner. | 其实我对人没坏心眼 |
[31:58] | Well, Peter seems happy. That’s what’s important. | 彼得好像很高兴 这是关键 |
[32:00] | I want you to be happy, too. | 我希望你也能高兴 |
[32:03] | We’ll be needing to get you in front of a few key people. | 到时我们需要你见几个重要的人物 |
[32:06] | To rehabilitate me? | 洗白我吗 |
[32:08] | Yes. | 是的 |
[32:10] | We hopefully won’t eat up too much of your time, | 希望不会占用你太多时间 |
[32:12] | but we need the voters to see the real you. | 但要让选民看到你真实的一面 |
[32:16] | I’m not sure they’ll like the real me. | 他们大概不会喜欢我真实的一面 |
[32:18] | That’s why we need to mold a real you that they’ll like. | 所以我们要打造一个受人欢迎的你 |
[32:22] | I’ll be hiring you a chief of staff. | 我会为你雇个幕僚长 |
[32:24] | Someone discreet. | 做事谨慎的 |
[32:25] | Oh, I-I already have one. | 我已经有人选了 |
[32:27] | You do? A chief of staff? | 是吗 幕僚长吗 |
[32:29] | – Yes. – Who? | -是的 -是谁 |
[32:31] | Eli Gold. | 伊莱·戈德 |
[32:35] | No, unfortunately, um, | 不行 很遗憾 |
[32:38] | that won’t work. | 这样行不通 |
[32:40] | Why not? | 为什么不行 |
[32:41] | Well, it’s too soon. | 太仓促了 |
[32:44] | Um, I want you to meet a few other options. | 你得见见其他人选 |
[32:47] | No, I’m good with Eli. | 不用了 伊莱就行 |
[32:51] | Mrs. Florrick, you’re not paying for this. The campaign is. | 福瑞克夫人 出钱的人不是你 是竞选团队 |
[32:53] | Yes, and they’re not paying for me. | 没错 但也没人付我钱 |
[32:55] | I’m volunteering. | 我是义工 |
[32:58] | Are you suggesting you wouldn’t be involved | 你意思是说你不愿意参与 |
[33:00] | in your husband’s campaign? | 你丈夫的竞选吗 |
[33:02] | Yes, actually, I am. | 没错 正是此意 |
[33:06] | It was good to talk to you. This is where I get out. | 跟你谈得很愉快 我到了 |
[33:10] | If you want to find your own attorneys, | 如需雇律师 |
[33:11] | you’ll have to wait till tonight after the bond hearing. | 必须等今晚保释听证会结束 |
[33:14] | I don’t get involved with the fees. | 我不参与处理保释金 |
[33:16] | So you will make arrangements with your own | 各位要跟你们的在庭律师… |
[33:20] | bar attorney. | 商量清楚 |
[33:20] | Mrs. Florrick, | 福瑞克夫人 |
[33:22] | please approach. | 请过来一下 |
[33:28] | Are you serious? | 什么意思 |
[33:30] | You’re the only bar attorney here today? | 今天就你一个在庭律师吗 |
[33:31] | Stepping in for Ms. Quinn, Your Honor. | 我是代奎恩女士来的 法官阁下 |
[33:36] | You keep this moving, or you won’t be in here again. | 你要是耽误法庭审理 以后就别来了 |
[33:39] | Yes, Your Honor. | 好的 法官阁下 |
[33:41] | Mr. Lancaster, I don’t need to know whether you did it or not. | 兰开斯特先生 我不用知道这事是不是你做的 |
[33:44] | I just need to know about this previous arrest. | 我只要了解下你之前是为什么被逮捕的 |
[33:46] | You’ll see on your copy, | 你在副本上也能看到 |
[33:48] | you need to check this box for your refunded bail money | 你得在这里打个勾 这样我才能收到 |
[33:50] | to come to me. | 你被退回的保释金 |
[33:51] | Otherwise, I can’t help you. | 否则的话 我帮不了你 |
[33:53] | I’m sorry, sir, but we don’t have much time. | 不好意思 先生 我们没时间了 |
[33:55] | Just nod if you can’t get your words out. | 如果你没法说话的话就点头来回答我 |
[33:59] | Male 63. | 63号男性 |
[34:00] | Driving under the influence. | 酒后驾车 |
[34:02] | This was Mr. Baptiste’s second DUI, Your Honor. | 这是巴普蒂斯特先生第二次酒驾了 法官阁下 |
[34:04] | We would ask for substantial bail. | 我们要求增加保释金额 |
[34:06] | He is a 40-year-old who, um, did public service. | 他今年40岁了 之前做过公共服务 |
[34:10] | His record was expunged. | 但他的记录被抹去了 |
[34:12] | He was driving 85 miles in a 40-mile lane. | 他在限速40英里的巷子里开到了85英里/时 |
[34:15] | Bail granted. $1,500. | 允许保释 保释金一千五美元 |
[34:17] | Male 64. Drug trafficking. | 六十四号男性 贩毒 |
[34:21] | Second offense, Your Honor. | 他是二次违法了 法官阁下 |
[34:23] | Two bond forfeiture warrants. | 还有两张保证金没收令 |
[34:25] | Mitigation? | 要求减刑吗 |
[34:27] | Did you need any more time, Mrs. Florrick? | 要多给你些时间吗 福瑞克夫人 |
[34:29] | Oh, no, just, um, just a moment to find the page, Your Honor. | 不用 等我找到那页文件就行 法官阁下 |
[34:32] | Your Honor, Mr. Wheeler isn’t learning. | 法官阁下 惠勒先生并没有吸取教训 |
[34:33] | We ask for $750,000 in bail. | 我方要求将保释金定为75万美元 |
[34:36] | He is a single father of four. | 他是单亲父亲 育有四个孩子 |
[34:37] | The children have no one else. | 除了他没有亲属可以照顾这些孩子了 |
[34:38] | He is a drug dealer who was unrepentant. | 他是个不知悔改的毒贩子 |
[34:40] | – First of all, he didn’t do it. – Selling crack | -首先他没有贩毒 -在距学校50码内 |
[34:41] | – within 50 yards of a school. – Second of all, child services | -贩卖强效纯可卡因 -其次 |
[34:42] | will take his children away. | 儿童服务机构会带走他的孩子的 |
[34:43] | $100,000 bail, Mr. Wheeler. | 惠勒先生 你的保释金是十万美元 |
[34:45] | Unless you can pay, | 除非你能付清保证金 |
[34:46] | you will be held until trial. | 否则在庭审前你都得待在监狱里 |
[34:47] | Your Honor, we ask that you reconsider. | 法官阁下 希望您能再考虑一下 |
[34:49] | Male 65. | 65号男性 |
[34:50] | Probation violation. Mrs. Florrick, can I speak with you? | 违反缓刑法规 福瑞克夫人 能跟你说几句吗 |
[35:00] | Don’t you dare slow me down again. | 你再敢拖慢我的速度试试看 |
[35:02] | You keep doing that, and I will tax your clients. | 你再这么做的话 我会加你客户的保释金 |
[35:05] | Now step back. | 回去吧 |
[35:11] | Octagon is a data visualization technique | 「八边图表」是一种数据可视化技术 |
[35:14] | that communicates eight key metrics | 这种技术结合了八种核心度量指标 |
[35:16] | in an octagon-shaped digital and hard graphic. | 形成了八边形的数字化和硬式图表 |
[35:20] | As you can see from the handouts, | 你们可以从手边的文件中看到 |
[35:21] | it’s a way of finding graphical means to communicate | 这种技术用图表的方式来整合 |
[35:24] | complex multivariable data | 复杂且变量巨大的数据 |
[35:26] | in a format that requires the end user | 并且终端用户只需要 |
[35:28] | to have very little technical training. | 稍加学习即可掌握 |
[35:30] | Each end-user gets a new updated Octagon every month. | 每个用户每个月都能收到最新的八边图表 |
[35:36] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[35:37] | Why can’t we just do what we do? | 为什么我们不能就按以前的方式来呢 |
[35:38] | Because this is a way to become more efficient. | 因为这样可以提高办事效率 |
[35:40] | The newer firms are using it. | 新律所都在使用它 |
[35:41] | I don’t see the use, Cary. | 我不觉得这有什么帮助 凯里 |
[35:43] | We need to listen to new ideas. | 我们要倾听新的想法 |
[35:44] | And we did. | 这不是听了么 |
[35:49] | This firm is becoming a laughingstock. | 这家律所都快成业界笑柄了 |
[35:53] | – Where? – We’re seen as being old and out of touch. | -怎么 -我们已经跟不上其它律所的步伐了 |
[35:56] | The associates don’t think we listen to them. | 底下的律师觉得我们不肯倾听他们的想法 |
[36:00] | We need to change. | 我们得做出改变 |
[36:02] | The only question, sir, is bail at this point. | 现在唯一的问题就是保释 先生 |
[36:05] | – I don’t need… – Mrs. Florrick, | -我不需要… -福瑞克夫人 |
[36:07] | please approach. | 过来一下 |
[36:11] | You have to stay. | 你得留下来 |
[36:12] | I don’t have another bar attorney. | 只有你一个在庭律师了 |
[36:14] | – Step back. – I’m sorry, Your Honor, I can’t. | -回去吧 -对不起 法官阁下 我不行 |
[36:15] | I have an inheritance matter in probate court. | 我要去遗嘱检验法院处理一桩遗产纠纷 |
[36:17] | I don’t care. You’re here. | 我不在乎 你人在这儿 |
[36:18] | You’re staying. | 你必须留下来 |
[36:22] | Lucca, you need to get here now. | 卢卡 你得立刻赶过来 |
[36:23] | I need to get to probate in ten minutes. | 我要在十分钟内赶到遗嘱认证法庭 |
[36:25] | Where’s Don? | 唐呢 |
[36:26] | I don’t know, but you need to get here now. | 我不知道 你现在就得过来 |
[36:28] | I’m too far away. | 我离那儿太远了 |
[36:30] | Where’s probate court? | 遗嘱认证法庭在哪儿 |
[36:41] | – Who are you? – I’m Lucca Quinn. | -你是谁 -我是卢卡·奎因 |
[36:43] | Alicia asked me to step in just to get a continuance. | 艾丽西娅让我代她来申请诉讼延期 |
[36:45] | Where is she? | 她在哪儿 |
[36:46] | Okay, where are we? | 好了 我们进行到哪儿了 |
[36:48] | Are we going to hear from a scissors expert today? | 今天是不是要听某个剪刀专家来作证了啊 |
[36:51] | Your Honor, we actually have at our table | 法官阁下 事实上我们请到了 |
[36:53] | Mrs. Smulders’ housekeeper, Selina Abarca. | 斯马尔德斯夫人的管家 塞利娜·阿瓦尔卡 |
[36:55] | They must have made a deal with her. | 他们肯定跟她达成了协议 |
[36:57] | Your Honor, I’m Lucca Quinn. | 法官阁下 我是卢卡·奎因 |
[36:59] | I’m acting on behalf of Mrs. Florrick | 我是代福瑞克夫人来的 |
[37:00] | to ask for a continuance. | 她要求延期诉讼 |
[37:01] | Your Honor, this is a stalling tactic. | 法官阁下 这是在故意拖延 |
[37:03] | Uh, Mrs. Florrick is not stalling. | 福瑞克夫人并不是在拖延 |
[37:05] | She’s been held up at the bond court. | 她是被保释法庭的事耽搁了 |
[37:06] | Really? She finds the bond court more important than us? | 是吗 她觉得保释法庭的事比这儿更重要 |
[37:10] | Not important, Your Honor. She’s… | 不是重要 法官阁下 她是… |
[37:12] | The judge is not allowing her… | 法官不让她… |
[37:12] | What does this housekeeper have to say? | 管家有什么想说的吗 |
[37:14] | It’s actually what our expert has to say | 关于写了她名字的便利贴 |
[37:16] | about her tack-on note. | 我们的专家倒是有些话想说 |
[37:17] | Expert. You know, I thought we were gonna get by | 又是专家 我还以为我们至少会有十分钟 |
[37:20] | at least ten minutes without an expert. | 不涉及到什么专家呢 |
[37:22] | Your Honor, I must again ask for a continuance. | 法官阁下 我必须再次请求延期诉讼 |
[37:25] | I am not privy to all of Mrs. Florrick’s thinking on this. | 我并不了解福瑞克夫人所掌握的本案信息 |
[37:27] | Oh, that’s too bad. Sit back down. | 那太糟糕了 坐下吧 |
[37:33] | Do you know anything about this? | 你对本案有了解吗 |
[37:34] | In examining this new pressure-sensitive adhesive, | 对这个新的压敏胶黏剂进行试验之后 |
[37:38] | I found more Dutch Gold Leaf. | 我发现了更多的荷兰金箔 |
[37:40] | The same imitation gold leaf from the Chagall frame? | 跟夏加尔画框上的人造金箔是一样的吗 |
[37:42] | 粘合带放大20倍成像 荷兰金箔残留成分 | |
[37:43] | That is correct. | 是的 |
[37:44] | And there was nothing else. | 而且除了金箔外没有别的东西了 |
[37:46] | – No lead from the lamp or the rug? – No. | -没有灯或地毯上的铅化合物吗 -没有 |
[37:49] | Meaning Ms. Abarca’s note | 就是说写着阿瓦尔卡女士名字的便利贴 |
[37:51] | had to fall from the Chagall painting? | 是从夏加尔的画上掉落的 |
[37:53] | – That’s correct. -You should object. | -是的 -你应该说反对 |
[37:54] | Objection, Your Honor. | 反对 法官阁下 |
[37:57] | Relevance? | 无相关性 |
[37:58] | Good guess. No. | 猜得很用心 但错了 |
[38:00] | Your Honor, | 法官阁下 |
[38:00] | we believe that the Chagall painting | 我方认为夏加尔的画是留给 |
[38:02] | was left to Mrs. Smulders’ housekeeper, Selina Abarca, | 斯马尔德斯夫人的管家 塞利娜·阿瓦尔卡的 |
[38:05] | and we ask that Your Honor rule. | 我方请求裁定 |
[38:07] | Does Counselor have anything? | 辩方有什么要补充的吗 |
[38:09] | Again we ask for a continuance, Your Honor. | 我方申请诉讼延期 法官阁下 |
[38:11] | Ms. Lockhart has made a very strong argument. | 洛克哈特女士的论据很有说服力 |
[38:14] | I am prone to reward this housekeeper the inheritance | 我倾向于把画判给给管家 |
[38:18] | unless there’s anything more. | 除非有新的证据出现 |
[38:20] | – Your Honor. – Counselor, I have already ruled. | -法官阁下 -辩方律师 我已经裁定了 |
[38:22] | – There is not gonna be a continuance. – I understand. | -诉讼不能延期 -我明白 |
[38:24] | I just wanted to be clear. | 只是想弄清楚 |
[38:26] | That lady is the housekeeper to the deceased? | 这位女士是逝者的管家吗 |
[38:29] | – Yes. Why? – And this is about an inheritance? | -是的 为什么这么问 -诉讼是关于遗产吗 |
[38:31] | Yes, it is. You catch on quickly. | 是的 你反应还挺快 |
[38:33] | And was the deceased an invalid? | 逝者是残疾人吗 |
[38:35] | She was in a wheelchair. Why? | 她坐轮椅 怎么了 |
[38:38] | And I’m guessing this asset, this-this painting, | 我猜这幅画作估值 |
[38:40] | was worth more than $20,000. | 超过两万美元 |
[38:42] | Yes, it is. $8 million. Again, why? | 是的 800万 有什么问题吗 |
[38:44] | The housekeeper can’t inherit it. | 管家不能继承这画 |
[38:46] | – Of course she can. – No. | -她当然可以 -她不能 |
[38:47] | According to Illinois law, | 根据伊利诺伊州法 |
[38:48] | a caretaker to an invalid | 残疾人士的看护人 |
[38:50] | cannot inherit more than $20,000. | 遗产继承额度不能超过两万 |
[38:57] | Dismissed. | 此案驳回 |
[38:59] | Okay, fifty-fifty. We’ll be in touch. | 一半一半 我们会联系的 |
[39:14] | – Working late? – Almost done. | -加班呢 -快弄完了 |
[39:18] | So… have some bad news. | 我…有些坏消息 |
[39:22] | The partners didn’t really get Octagon. | 合伙人没懂「八边形」的意义 |
[39:23] | Yeah, I didn’t think they did. | 我也觉得他们没懂 |
[39:26] | I could see their faces. | 看他们表情就知道 |
[39:28] | But I don’t want you to give up on pitching new things, | 但我希望你不要放弃挖掘新事物 |
[39:30] | so just come to me, and I’ll walk it in with you, okay? | 你可以来找我 我会帮你的 好吗 |
[39:35] | Okay. Thanks. | 好 谢谢你 |
[39:36] | If you ever need anything, just… I’m here. | 你需要什么的话 我就在这里 |
[39:40] | Just talk to me. | 可以跟我说的 |
[39:47] | I’m sorry. I thought… | 对不起 我以为 |
[39:49] | – No. – Uh, just the way you were talking… | -我不是 -你说话的样子让我误以为 |
[39:50] | No. No, I wasn’t… | 不是 我不是… |
[39:55] | This was about opening up to the younger associates, that’s all. | 只是想和初级律师保持沟通而已 |
[39:59] | Okay. Sorry. | 明白了 我很抱歉 |
[40:03] | What are you doing, Eli? | 你在干嘛 伊莱 |
[40:06] | What am I doing? | 我在干嘛 |
[40:09] | Packing. | 打包咯 |
[40:11] | Nice haircut. | 头发剪的不错 |
[40:12] | – Thanks. – No. | -谢谢 -不是 |
[40:13] | What are you doing with Mrs. Florrick? | 你跟福瑞克女士说了什么 |
[40:16] | She doesn’t just get it into her head | 她不可能平白无故 |
[40:18] | to keep you on as chief of staff. | 找你做幕僚长的 |
[40:21] | I’m pretty irresistible. | 我魅力很大咯 |
[40:22] | You’re not getting that job, Eli. | 不会让你做幕僚长的 伊莱 |
[40:24] | I will make it a prerequisite of my employment. | 雇佣我的前提就是 |
[40:27] | I get to hire the wife’s chief of staff. | 我来选择谁做州长夫人的幕僚长 |
[40:29] | Good. That sounds smart. | 不错 听起来挺机智的 |
[40:34] | What do you know? | 你知道什么了 |
[40:36] | Ruth, you and I don’t have time | 鲁斯 我们没有时间 |
[40:37] | to tell each other lies, so let’s not. | 相互忽悠 所以就不要忽悠对方了 |
[40:40] | I plan to use Alicia’s rehabilitation campaign | 我要利用艾丽西娅的复职竞选 |
[40:43] | to undercut you and eventually destroy you. | 来打压并最终摧毁你 |
[40:48] | I may even destroy Peter in the process. | 过程中也许还会伤及彼得 |
[40:52] | Not quite sure about that yet. | 还不太确定要不要那么做 |
[40:53] | Well, thanks for your honesty. | 多谢你的坦诚 |
[40:55] | – What if I inform Peter? – I will, of course, deny it. | -我可以告诉彼得 -我自然会否认 |
[40:59] | You will again tell him I’m out to hurt you. | 你还会告诉他我辞职是为了干掉你 |
[41:01] | He will think you’re being paranoid and distracted | 他会觉得你多疑 并且会觉得 |
[41:02] | by something that has nothing to do with the campaign. | 你把注意力分散在了和竞选没关系的事情上 |
[41:06] | You planned it all out. | 你早就计划好了 |
[41:09] | Not quite all but… | 不是全部 也差不多 |
[41:13] | enough. | 足够了 |
[41:21] | Talk to you soon. | 很快就会再见咯 |
[41:24] | Sooner than you think, Eli. | 肯定比你想像的要快 伊莱 |
[41:32] | Thanks again. | 再次谢谢你 |
[41:33] | Eh, all I did was vamp. | 我只是拼凑了证据 |
[41:35] | It was good vamping. | 拼凑的很好 |
[41:37] | What do you want? | 喝点什么 |
[41:38] | A beer. | 啤酒 |
[41:41] | So, how long have you been a lawyer? | 你做律师多久了 |
[41:42] | – I’m gonna go dance. – What? | -我要去跳舞 -什么 |
[41:44] | – There’s a dance floor. I’m gonna go dance. – With who? | -看到舞池了 我要去跳舞 -和谁 |
[41:47] | I don’t know. I’ll find someone. | 不知道 找一个咯 |
[41:57] | – Excuse me. – Hey, watch it. | -不好意思 -喂 看着点 |
[42:00] | Notice, I didn’t say “Sorry.” | 注意 我没说对不起 |
[42:02] | “Excuse me” Is just about as bad. | 不好意思也是一个意思 |
[42:04] | Good job with the Smulder case. | 斯马尔德斯的官司打的很好 |
[42:06] | Thanks. Are you following me? | 谢谢 你一直在跟踪我吗 |
[42:09] | No. | 并没有 |
[42:12] | You just happen to be at this bar? | 那么巧你也在这个酒吧 |
[42:13] | Okay, I followed you from court. | 好吧 我从法庭开始跟着你的 |
[42:16] | She is really good. | 她很厉害啊 |
[42:20] | So, why’d you give me the case? | 你为什么给我这个案子 |
[42:23] | What makes you think I gave it to you? | 为什么你觉得是我给你的 |
[42:25] | I didn’t at first. | 开始没发现 |
[42:27] | I thought Madeline found my web site. | 我以为马德琳是通过网站找到我的 |
[42:29] | But then Diane suggested that you were using me as a pawn against them. | 但是戴安说你利用我做爪牙来对付她们 |
[42:32] | Why would she say that? | 她为什么这么说 |
[42:34] | Because you’re the devil. | 因为你是魔鬼 |
[42:38] | All I was doing was sending you some work, | 我只是给你点赚钱的活干 |
[42:41] | keep you from starving, | 让你在加入我的事务所之前 |
[42:42] | until you come to your senses and decide to join my firm. | 不至于饿死 |
[42:45] | You’ll still be an independent. You’ll still be your own woman. | 你仍然会是独立的 自主的 |
[42:48] | You won’t even work for me. | 不需要为我工作 |
[42:52] | Unless you want me to stop sending you cases. | 除非你不想让我给你送案子了 |
[42:56] | Do you want me to stop? | 你不想要更多案子吗 |
[43:00] | No. | 想 |