时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Welcome to Lockhart, Agos & Lee. | 欢迎来到洛克哈特&艾格斯&李律所 |
[00:07] | As you probably know, we are an all-service law firm | 如您所知 我们是一个具有良好企业文化 |
[00:10] | with a rich tradition. | 提供全方位法律服务的律所 |
[00:12] | The firm was formed 12 years ago | 本律所成立于十二年前 |
[00:14] | by Jonas Stern and myself, | 由乔纳斯·斯特恩和我本人 |
[00:16] | Diane Lockhart. | 戴安·洛克哈特共同创立 |
[00:18] | Last year, the firm reconstituted itself | 本律所在去年进行了重组 |
[00:20] | with Cary Agos and David Lee as name partners. | 凯里·艾格斯和大卫·李成为了冠名合伙人 |
[00:24] | We occupy two floors in the Dryden Building– | 我们在德莱顿大楼有两层楼 |
[00:27] | the executive suite on the 28th floor | 管理团队在28层 |
[00:30] | and the 27th floor, where support staff | 27层是后勤团队和 |
[00:33] | and most associates work. | 大部分初级律师工作的地方 |
[00:35] | As a new associate, you will be given a card key | 作为一名初级律师 你会得到一张门卡 |
[00:38] | for your assigned floor, | 对应你所在的楼层 |
[00:40] | and you will be provided an employee handbook. | 同时你将收到一本员工手册 |
[00:43] | Due to severe overcrowding, | 由于我们的雇员人数问题 |
[00:44] | not all of you will receive an office. | 并不是所有初级律师都能有独立办公室 |
[00:47] | Some of you may have to work from cubicles for the moment. | 一些初级律师可能需要暂时在隔间工作 |
[00:50] | Lastly, | 最后 |
[00:52] | Lockhart, Agos & Lee is a true meritocracy. | 洛克哈特&艾格斯&李是真正的精英团队 |
[00:55] | One of our name partners came from where you sit now | 我们的一位冠名合伙人在仅仅六年前 |
[00:59] | in a mere six years. | 就坐在你们的位置 |
[01:01] | It can be done, and we expect no less of you. | 没有什么不可能的 我们对你们深寄厚望 |
[01:05] | So give yourself a hand. | 给你们自己一点掌声 |
[01:21] | Well, look at you, big-time lawyer. | 看看你 成大牌律师了啊 |
[01:23] | Well, look at you, coming back home. | 看看你 回家了啊 |
[01:25] | Yep. Not much has changed. | 是啊 没什么大的变化 |
[01:28] | Did we make a mistake? | 这是个错误的决定吗 |
[01:29] | I don’t know. We’ll see. | 我不知道 拭目以待吧 |
[01:32] | Hey, Alicia. | 你好 艾丽西娅 |
[01:34] | God. This is really weird. | 天 这真的很奇怪 |
[01:36] | I know, but not bad weird, is it? | 我知道 但不是那种不好的奇怪 对吗 |
[01:39] | Not yet. | 还不是 |
[01:40] | Well, first things first, there’s no room on the 28th. | 首先 28层没有空位了 |
[01:44] | I know. | 我知道 |
[01:44] | There might be soon. | 可能很快就会有空出来 |
[01:45] | But you will have the biggest office on the 27th. | 但是你会得到27层最大的办公室 |
[01:48] | Hey, it’s where I started out. | 我就是从这里开始做起的 |
[01:50] | It’s where we started out. | 这是我们开始的地方 |
[01:52] | And I’m on the 27th, too. So we can pass notes. | 我也在27层 我们还能传传纸条 |
[01:57] | Aw, that’s nice. | 你人真好 |
[01:59] | Eh, something from the partners. | 来自合伙人的礼物 |
[02:01] | I have to get back upstairs, | 我得回楼上去了 |
[02:03] | but drop by and we’ll catch a bite. | 随时上来看我 我们还能喝喝茶叙叙旧 |
[02:05] | It’s great to have you back. | 很高兴你回来了 |
[02:06] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[02:07] | Oh, Lucca, I have to introduce you at some point to Monica. | 卢卡 我得找个时间介绍莫妮卡和你认识 |
[02:10] | Oh, we’ve already met. | 我们已经见过了 |
[02:12] | Oh-oh, right, yeah. On the other, um, | 对 在另一个 |
[02:14] | Chumhum case. Well, you’ll love her. | 查查网的案子里 你会喜欢她的 |
[02:18] | Shall we drink that now? | 我们现在可以把酒开了吗 |
[02:24] | I’d hire you. | 要我我会雇你的 |
[02:25] | Alicia, I think I need to hire you. | 艾丽西娅 我需要你当我的律师 |
[02:27] | Do you remember me? I’m Howell. | 你还记得我吗 我是霍维尔 |
[02:31] | Uh, yes, hello. | 对 你好 |
[02:33] | Um, this is Lucca Quinn. | 这是卢卡·奎恩 |
[02:34] | Howell is the firm’s technology director. | 霍维尔是律所的技术总监 |
[02:37] | I-I don’t think I know your last name. | 我 我好像不知道你姓什么 |
[02:39] | Just Howell. | 叫我霍维尔就好 |
[02:40] | Anyway, I have something | 先不说这个 我给你看一些 |
[02:42] | seriously incredible to show you. | 很赞的东西 |
[02:44] | So, last night my girlfriend Amy and I go | 昨晚 我和我女朋友艾米 |
[02:46] | to the closing night of Deviceroy. | 去参加设备展览的闭幕式 |
[02:47] | Device what? | 设备什么 |
[02:49] | Deviceroy. | 设备展览 |
[02:50] | It’s the consumer electronics show. | 是个消费电子展 |
[02:51] | Like the big CES one in Vegas | 就像拉斯维加斯的消费电子展 |
[02:54] | but without the hookers or Cirque du Soleil. So, | 但是没有外围女也没有马戏团 |
[02:57] | monster after-party, 15,000 people. | 庆功宴简直太疯狂了 有一万五千人参加 |
[03:00] | End of the night, Amy finds something on the floor | 散场的时候 艾米在桌子下面的地板上 |
[03:02] | under a table. So she gives it to me. | 发现了一些东西 她就给我了 |
[03:05] | I wake up this morning. Ooh. | 我今天早上醒来 |
[03:08] | I realize what it is. | 我才意识到这是什么 |
[03:09] | What what is? | 这是什么 |
[03:10] | The Foil. The new Chumhum tablet. Their big | 浮游 查查网的新平板电脑 |
[03:13] | contribution to the gadget market. Comes out in two months. | 他们要进军便携设备市场 两个月后才发布 |
[03:16] | I don’t understand. Someone just left it there? | 我不明白 有人就把它留在了那里 |
[03:18] | Yeah. So I tweeted a picture of it. | 对 我拍了张照发微博 |
[03:20] | Next thing I know, two different tech blogs are calling me | 下一秒 两个技术博主就联系我了 |
[03:22] | so they can be the first to review it. | 希望他们能是第一个测评它的人 |
[03:24] | Gadgy’s offering me 100 grand. | 盖奇要给我十万美元 |
[03:26] | $100,000? | 十万美元 |
[03:28] | Scoops like this | 这种独家新闻对这些网站而言 |
[03:30] | are like the Pentagon Papers to these sites. | 就像是五角大楼的文件一样 |
[03:32] | They want an answer in an hour. So I need to know | 他们希望我在一小时内答复 所以我要知道 |
[03:34] | if I can sell it and if you’ll negotiate it for me. | 我能不能卖了它 你能不能帮我谈判一下 |
[03:38] | I, uh…Yeah. Sure. | 我… 可以 没问题 |
[03:40] | $100,000? | 十万美元 |
[03:41] | Lucca, uh, | 卢卡 |
[03:42] | let’s just take a minute on this, okay? | 我们稍微讨论一下 可以吗 |
[03:44] | Just give us a minute. | 我们需要一点时间讨论一下 |
[03:49] | This could be sticky. | 这事可能会很麻烦 |
[03:51] | One Selfie. Mango, carrot, ginger, | 一份「自拍」 芒果 胡萝卜 姜 |
[03:53] | kale, mint, apple, bee pollen. | 甘蓝 薄荷 苹果 蜂花粉 |
[03:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:56] | That’s going to be disgusting, just so you know. | 这味道一定会很恶心 |
[03:58] | What is a Selfie? | 「自拍」是什么东西 |
[04:00] | It’s a make-your-own. | 是自选饮料 |
[04:01] | You’re supposed to take a picture with it | 点了以后 你会拿着它拍张自拍 |
[04:03] | and post it online. | 然后传到网上去 |
[04:05] | I know, right? | 我知道 很奇怪对吗 |
[04:07] | Um, and what is an “Arlen-ergy”? | 什么是「阿琳冷酿」 |
[04:10] | It’s pronounced “Arlenergy.” | 正确的发音是「阿琳能量」 |
[04:12] | Like “Energy” but with an “Arlene” in front of it. | 就是「能量」前面加一个「阿琳」 |
[04:16] | It’s named after our owner. | 这是以我们店主的名字命名的 |
[04:18] | Juices are the new vanity plates. | 给果汁命名就像自选新奇的车牌照一样 |
[04:19] | Well, what do you recommend? | 你有什么推荐的吗 |
[04:22] | The juice bar down the street. | 街上那家果汁吧 |
[04:23] | It’s half the price. | 价格只要这里的一半 |
[04:25] | Or a NutMegan. | 也比「坚果梅根」便宜多了 |
[04:26] | I’ll take the “Arlene-ergy.” | 我要一杯「阿琳冷酿」 |
[04:29] | ‘Cause I’m a sucker for advertising. | 我喜欢这个营销方式 |
[04:31] | Is that why you bought that shirt, advertising? | 这也是你买这件T恤的原因吗 营销方式 |
[04:33] | You don’t like my shirt? | 你不喜欢这件T恤吗 |
[04:35] | Actually, I do. | 事实上 挺喜欢的 |
[04:36] | But very few girls would say that. | 但是姑娘们一般都不说出来 |
[04:44] | Do you get a lunch break? | 你有午餐休息时间吗 |
[04:46] | It’s not Europe, so I only get an hour. | 这里可不是欧洲 我只有一小时 |
[04:52] | So good to have you back. | 你愿意回来真是太好了 |
[04:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[04:55] | Home is where they take you in, right? | 家永远是温暖的港湾 不是吗 |
[04:56] | Happily take you in. | 乐意做你的港湾 |
[04:58] | Um, and you know Lucca. | 你和卢卡已经认识了 |
[04:59] | Yes. | 对 |
[05:00] | Early this morning. I have to introduce you to Monica. | 今天早上 我得介绍你和莫妮卡认识 |
[05:02] | I think you’ll like each other. | 我觉得你们会合得来 |
[05:03] | We were across the table from each other, | 我们已经在谈判桌上见过了 |
[05:05] | on the Chummy Maps case. | 查查地图案的时候 |
[05:07] | Oh. Right. | 对 |
[05:09] | So, uh, you haven’t even sat down yet and you have something? | 所以你们都还没安顿下来就有案子了 |
[05:12] | Yes. Howell. | 对 霍维尔 |
[05:14] | Our I.T. Guy. | 我们的技术人员 |
[05:15] | Right. Uh, Cary briefed me. | 对 凯里跟我提过 |
[05:17] | How is this tablet not considered stolen property? | 这个平板为什么不是被盗的赃物呢 |
[05:21] | It was abandoned. It’s more accurately defined | 它是被遗弃的 更准确的说是 |
[05:23] | as lost property. | 失物 |
[05:24] | Uh, by law, Howell has | 根据法律 霍维尔 |
[05:26] | to give the owner a chance to recover. | 必须给予失主找回的机会 |
[05:28] | He has to at least attempt constructive notice. | 他至少需要进行推定告知 |
[05:31] | Not by law. | 法律没有强制规定 |
[05:34] | Lucca, can you give us a minute? | 卢卡 你能先回避一下吗 |
[05:44] | We can’t be a part of this. | 我们不能接这个案子 |
[05:46] | She’s right on the law. | 她对法律的见解的正确的 |
[05:47] | And how it’s enforced. | 以及执行的方式 |
[05:49] | We can’t risk a lawsuit from Chumhum over a casual favor | 我们不能因为给雇员提供便利而 |
[05:52] | to an employee. | 承担和查查网打官司的风险 |
[05:57] | Just to confirm, this call is being recorded | 确认一下 本次通话会被录音 |
[05:59] | for quality and training purposes? | 以帮助提高服务质量和训练员工吗 |
[06:01] | Yes, it is, ma’am. | 是的 女士 |
[06:02] | How may I help you? | 你有什么问题 |
[06:04] | What is this? | 这是什么 |
[06:04] | Chumhum Customer Service. | 查查网的客服 |
[06:05] | How may I help you? | 您有什么问题 |
[06:06] | Hi. Uh, I have in my possession | 你好 我捡到一个 |
[06:08] | a prototype of the new Foil tablet. | 一台浮游平板的样机 |
[06:12] | I’m sorry… Excuse me? | 不好意思 你说什么 |
[06:13] | The Foil tablet. | 浮游平板 |
[06:14] | I have it. | 我有一台 |
[06:15] | That’s not possible, ma’am. | 那是不可能的 女士 |
[06:16] | It is, because I have it. | 可能啊 我已经拿到了 |
[06:18] | The Foil will be released | 浮游将于开学季 |
[06:19] | in time for back-to-school sales. | 返校促销时发布 |
[06:21] | Would you like me to give you the Web address? | 需要我吧网址告诉你吗 |
[06:22] | No. Uh, could I speak to a supervisor? | 不 我能跟你们主管说话吗 |
[06:25] | I am a supervisor. | 我就是主管 |
[06:26] | Ah. So you have authority to answer my questions? | 那你有权回答我的问题吧 |
[06:29] | That’s correct. | 是的 |
[06:30] | Then could you advise me on the best way to return | 那你可以告诉我将平板还给你们公司的 |
[06:32] | the tablet to the company? | 最佳途径是什么吗 |
[06:33] | It’s not the Foil, ma’am. | 那不是浮游 女士 |
[06:34] | The Foil will be released in time for back-to-school sales. | 浮游将于开学季返校促销时发布 |
[06:37] | So I can keep it? | 那我可以留着吗 |
[06:38] | Whatever you have, you can keep. | 无论你拿到的是什么 你可以留着 |
[06:40] | Shall I direct you to the Web site? | 需要我为您转到网站吗 |
[06:44] | Constructive notice given | 推定通知已传达 |
[06:45] | and rejected. | 并被拒绝 |
[06:46] | Howell is now firmly in the “Finders keepers” Territory, | 霍维尔现在正式进入「失物招领」区了 |
[06:48] | and we can help him sell it. | 而我们可以帮他出售样机 |
[06:53] | Why don’t you give us a minute. | 失陪一下 |
[06:57] | So this is bureaucracy. | 所以这就是官僚主义 |
[07:01] | The Israeli Army? Really? | 以色列军队 真的吗 |
[07:03] | Yeah. But it’s not like I shot anyone. | 对 但是我也没有开枪打中过谁 |
[07:06] | One time I did this great thing along the Egyptian border. | 有一次我在埃及边境做了一件超棒的事 |
[07:08] | They have these five-women sharpshooter teams | 他们让一个五人的女神枪手小队 |
[07:11] | camouflaged in the desert. | 隐蔽在沙漠里 |
[07:13] | You stay all night in a pod | 你得在这两个桌子这么大的 |
[07:15] | about the size of these two tables. | 小帐篷里呆一晚上 |
[07:18] | Five women, all night, | 五个女人 呆一整晚 |
[07:20] | and all you can do is whisper. | 唯一能做的就是说悄悄话 |
[07:22] | It’s really terrifying but really cool. | 真的很可怕 但是也很酷 |
[07:24] | Did you see any terrorists? | 你见过恐怖分子吗 |
[07:25] | No. Bedouin nomads, mostly. | 没有 大多是贝都因平民 |
[07:29] | Now I’m here in this stupid juice bar 3,000 miles away. | 现在我在三千里外这个无聊的果汁吧 |
[07:35] | It’s 11:00 P.M. In Israel | 现在以色列是晚上十一点 |
[07:36] | and my friends are slipping into their desert pods right now | 我的朋友们现在都在往他们的沙漠帐篷里钻 |
[07:40] | and I’m… here talking to you. | 而我 在这里跟你聊天 |
[07:43] | Weird. | 真奇怪 |
[07:45] | Yeah. | 对啊 |
[07:46] | Were your parents afraid of you being over there? | 你在那边你父母会担心吗 |
[07:49] | Of getting stabbed, no. | 怕我被捅吗 这倒没有 |
[07:52] | Of turning Orthodox, yes. | 怕我改信东正教倒是真的 |
[07:54] | Actually, just my mom was. She’s the worrywart. | 其实只有我妈在担心 她就是爱担心 |
[07:57] | My dad was too busy to notice I was gone. | 我爸忙得都注意不到我不在了 |
[07:59] | Mmm. Why? | 为什么 |
[08:01] | What does he do? | 他是做什么的 |
[08:03] | You know Governor Peter Florrick? | 你知道彼得·福瑞克州长吗 |
[08:04] | Sure. | 当然 |
[08:05] | He’s his chief of staff. | 他是他的幕僚长 |
[08:07] | Or… | 或者说 |
[08:08] | was. Then wasn’t. | 曾经是 然后不是了 |
[08:10] | Now is again, I think. | 现在又是了 好像 |
[08:13] | I know. | 我知道 |
[08:15] | He also ran Peter’s campaign for president. | 他还组织了彼得的总统竞选 |
[08:17] | So he must have every | 那伊利诺伊州所有的有钱人 |
[08:18] | rich person in Illinois knocking down his door. | 肯定都在敲他的门吧 |
[08:21] | He’s the door. | 他就是门 |
[08:23] | Although I was Alicia Florrick’s | 我曾经在艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[08:25] | body woman for her campaign for state’s attorney, | 竞选州检察长的时候做她的私人助理 |
[08:27] | which he also ran. | 那次竞选也是他组织的 |
[08:28] | And Alicia Florrick? | 还有艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[08:29] | What was it like working for her? | 为她干活是什么感觉 |
[08:37] | You are a curious one, aren’t you? | 你真是个好奇宝宝啊 不是吗 |
[08:39] | No. I just… I don’t meet too many, you know, like, | 不 我只是 我不常遇到 你知道 |
[08:42] | Malcolm Gladwell connector types. | 马尔科姆·格莱德威尔说的「连接者」 |
[08:45] | So, tell me about you. What do you do? | 那么 聊聊你吧 你是做什么的 |
[08:47] | I’m a student. Nothing exciting. | 我是个学生 没什么有趣的 |
[08:50] | Nothing like dealing with a lot of campaign money. | 不像管着一大堆竞选资金 |
[08:52] | Yeah, I know. What do you study? | 对 我知道 你是学什么的 |
[08:55] | Computers. Programming. | 电脑 编程 |
[08:57] | Really? Tell me more. | 真的吗 说具体点 |
[09:00] | Dad. | 爸 |
[09:01] | I’m busy, Marissa. | 我在忙 梅丽莎 |
[09:03] | A young man asked me to lunch today. | 有个年轻人今天约我去午餐 |
[09:05] | Congratulations. | 恭喜你 |
[09:06] | Let me know when I have to spring for a wedding. | 需要我为婚礼喜极而泣的时候告诉我 |
[09:08] | His name was Scott Devereaux, | 他叫做斯科特·德佛罗 |
[09:09] | and he had a lot of questions about you. | 他问了很多关于你的问题 |
[09:11] | I don’t know him. | 我不认识他 |
[09:12] | Questions like | 比如说 |
[09:13] | who you have dinner with, who gives money to the campaign, | 你跟谁吃饭 谁赞助竞选 |
[09:17] | how often you talk with Alicia. | 你跟艾丽西娅接触多频繁之类的问题 |
[09:21] | What is this again? | 怎么回事 你再说一遍 |
[09:21] | A young man took me to lunch but had much more interest | 有个年轻人请我吃午饭 但他对你 |
[09:24] | in you than in me. | 比对我更感兴趣 |
[09:25] | He said he was a student. | 他说他是个学生 |
[09:26] | What’s he look like? | 他长什么样 |
[09:28] | Oddly enough, I convinced him to take a selfie. | 真奇怪 我居然说服他跟我拍了张自拍 |
[09:31] | I trained you well. | 我把你教得真好 |
[09:35] | Oh, my God. He’s an FBI agent. | 我的天 他是个联调局探员 |
[09:37] | What’s his name? | 他叫什么 |
[09:38] | Scott Devereaux. | 斯科特·德佛罗 |
[09:40] | No, no, no. | 不不不 |
[09:42] | Hlavin. | 拉温 |
[09:44] | Roland Hlavin. What did he ask? | 罗兰德·拉温 他问了什么 |
[09:45] | Did he mention a judge? Schakowsky? | 他有没有提到一个法官 沙考斯基 |
[09:47] | No. Why? | 没有 为什么 |
[09:58] | What did he ask? | 他问了什么 |
[10:02] | …Malcolm Gladwell connector types. | 马尔科姆·格莱德威尔说的「连接者」 |
[10:04] | So, tell me about you. What do you do? | 那么 聊聊你吧 你是做什么的 |
[10:06] | – You recorded it. – I’m a student. | -你录下来了 -我是个学生 |
[10:08] | I did. | 对 |
[10:09] | Nothing exciting. Nothing like dealing with a lot of campaign money. | 没什么有趣的 不像管着一大堆竞选资金 |
[10:13] | Yeah, I know… | 对 我知道 |
[10:14] | What? | 干嘛 |
[10:15] | It’s just… now I get why people have children. | 就是 现在我知道为什么大家要生孩子了 |
[10:18] | They can admire themselves in someone else. | 这样可以在其他人身上欣赏到自己 |
[10:26] | Hi. | 你好啊 |
[10:27] | Ma’am. | 女士 |
[10:30] | How do you like my office? | 你觉得我的办公室怎么样 |
[10:31] | It’s got a view. | 景色不错 |
[10:33] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[10:35] | Look at my chair. | 看我的椅子 |
[10:42] | I like it. It fits you. | 我喜欢 很适合你 |
[10:44] | Off-center? | 偏离中心吗 |
[10:46] | Tilted. | 倾斜着 |
[10:49] | How do you keep your beard that length? | 你是怎么让你的胡子保持那个长度的 |
[10:51] | I mean, at a certain point, you’re either clean-shaven | 在某个时间点 你要么是刮干净了 |
[10:53] | or you’re Abraham Lincoln, right? | 要么就变成了亚伯拉罕·林肯 对吗 |
[10:54] | No. | 不 |
[10:55] | It stays like this. Since birth. | 它一直都这样 从出生开始就是 |
[11:02] | We kissed. | 我们接吻了 |
[11:07] | I know. | 我知道 |
[11:08] | So what do we do now? | 那我们现在怎么办 |
[11:10] | I don’t know. I’m not big on planning. | 我不知道 我不太喜欢做计划 |
[11:13] | Do you think it will be weird for us– | 你觉得我们在一个律所里工作 |
[11:15] | working in a corporate setting? | 会很奇怪吗 |
[11:17] | Well, | 这个嘛 |
[11:18] | I’m freelance. | 我是自由职业者 |
[11:19] | You are. | 对哦 |
[11:22] | You’re freelance. | 你是自由职业者 |
[11:30] | Okay. You know, they probably | 好了 你知道 他们可能 |
[11:32] | want me to work. | 想要我开工了 |
[11:34] | So good seeing you, workmate. | 见到你真高兴 工友 |
[11:37] | You too. | 你也是 |
[11:49] | 发件人 凯里·艾格斯 | |
[11:54] | Oh, come on. | 拜托 |
[11:57] | Seriously, you’re dropping it? | 真的吗 你们要放弃这个案子 |
[12:00] | It makes us nervous. | 它让我们紧张 |
[12:01] | Howell’s an employee. | 霍维尔是这里的员工 |
[12:03] | He needs your help. | 他需要你们的帮助 |
[12:04] | Yes, but we are in a weird place with Chumhum. | 对 但是我们跟查查网的关系很微妙 |
[12:07] | We don’t really want to poke the bear. | 我们不太想去招惹他们 |
[12:08] | Wow, things have really changed around here. | 这里变化还真的挺大的 |
[12:15] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[12:17] | You’re back home. | 你回到家了 |
[12:18] | It’s always exciting here. | 这里永远都那么刺激 |
[12:23] | Hello, my name’s Perry Dunst. | 你好 我叫佩里·邓斯特 |
[12:25] | I’m with the TAPS unit. | 我是技术联盟保护协会的 |
[12:26] | What unit? | 什么协会 |
[12:26] | We have a warrant for the arrest of Drummond Howell. | 我们有一张德拉蒙德·霍维尔的逮捕令 |
[12:29] | On what charges? | 罪名是什么 |
[12:29] | Trafficking in stolen property. | 贩卖被盗财物 |
[12:31] | That’s him right there, | 那个就是他 |
[12:33] | gray sweater. Go ahead and cuff him. | 穿灰色毛衣的 过去把他铐起来 |
[12:34] | What is TAPS? | 那是什么机构 |
[12:35] | Mr. Howell, please get on your knees, | 霍维尔先生 请跪下 |
[12:37] | put your hands behind your head. | 双手放在脑后 |
[12:38] | What the hell’s going on? | 发生什么事了 |
[12:40] | Howell, don’t say anything. | 霍维尔 保持沉默 |
[12:40] | We’re Mr. Howell’s lawyers. May I see that warrant? | 我们是霍维尔先生的律师 我能看下逮捕令吗 |
[12:44] | Ma’am, please stay back. | 女士 请您退后 |
[12:46] | Howell, stay calm. | 霍维尔 冷静点 |
[12:48] | We will take care of this. | 我们会解决好的 |
[12:52] | Who are those guys? | 这些是什么人 |
[13:12] | Three years? | 三年 |
[13:13] | I didn’t sell anyone this prototype. | 我没把平板原型卖给任何人 |
[13:15] | Did you speak to anyone besides us about the possibility of selling? | 除了我们你还跟谁说过想把它卖了的事 |
[13:19] | Just Amy, | 只有艾米 |
[13:19] | my girlfriend. You got to keep her out of this. | 我女朋友 你们得让她别被牵连到 |
[13:21] | We will. Just remember, whatever these agents ask, | 我们会的 记住 无论这些探员问什么 |
[13:25] | we do the talking. | 都由我们负责回答 |
[13:26] | I thought you weren’t representing me. | 我以为你们不会做我的律师呢 |
[13:27] | We weren’t. | 本来是的 |
[13:28] | Now it’s the firm. | 现在律所也被牵扯进来了 |
[13:31] | Hello. | 你们好 |
[13:33] | Mr. Gross. | 格罗斯先生 |
[13:34] | Ah, it’s the law firm that’s | 这不是那家跟我 |
[13:35] | the perpetual stone in my shoe. | 剪不断理还乱的律所嘛 |
[13:38] | So, uh, you seem to have something of mine. | 你手里好像有我的东西 |
[13:40] | Sir, I think we should handle this through lawyers. | 先生 我想这事还是由律师出面解决吧 |
[13:42] | I’ve spoken to Agent Dunst, | 我跟邓斯特探员说过了 |
[13:43] | he’s agreed to drop the charges– lucky you– if you | 他同意撤诉 算你运气好 如果你 |
[13:46] | return my prototype, and if you give me | 把平板原型还给我 并且 |
[13:48] | the name of the person who gave it to you. | 告诉我是谁给你的 |
[13:50] | Why do you need the name? | 你为什么要知道是谁给他的 |
[13:53] | Mrs. Florrick. | 福瑞克夫人 |
[13:54] | I’m sorry about your husband’s loss. | 我很遗憾你丈夫选举失败了 |
[13:56] | Thank you. Why do you need the name? | 谢谢关心 你为什么要知道是谁给他的 |
[13:58] | Chumhum’s suffered an unprecedented security breach. | 查查网出现了史无前例的安全漏洞 |
[14:00] | I need to know exactly what went wrong | 我得确切地知道是哪里出了问题 |
[14:02] | so I can make sure it never happens again. | 这样才能保证这种事以后再也不会发生 |
[14:05] | Howell won’t give up his girlfriend. | 霍维尔不肯说出他女朋友 |
[14:07] | Even if it means going to jail for three years? | 就算他会因此坐三年牢吗 |
[14:09] | Yes. | 是的 |
[14:11] | Why are they allowing Neil Gross into an interrogation room? | 为什么他们会允许尼尔·格罗斯进审讯室 |
[14:14] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[14:15] | And why is he the one making the offer? | 而且为什么是由他来提条件 |
[14:17] | Have you ever heard of TAPS before? | 你以前听说过这个机构吗 |
[14:18] | Never. | 从来没 |
[14:22] | So what’s going on here? | 到底是怎么回事 |
[14:27] | Hello, Don. | 你好啊 唐 |
[14:29] | What the hell are you doing here, Eli? | 你在这儿做什么 伊莱 |
[14:31] | I just need a minute. | 我只占用你几分钟时间 |
[14:32] | You wearing a wire? | 你戴着窃听器吗 |
[14:33] | No. Are you? | 没有 你呢 |
[14:35] | Why would I be? | 我戴窃听器做什么 |
[14:37] | Is that a yes or a no? | 到底戴没戴 |
[14:38] | It’s a no, Eli. | 没有 伊莱 |
[14:39] | I wasn’t expecting to see you in my chambers. | 我不知道会在内庭看见你 |
[14:43] | I come bearing bad news. | 我有个坏消息 |
[14:44] | Of course you do. | 当然了 |
[14:46] | I think the FBI is investigating | 我觉得联邦调查局在调查 |
[14:47] | our… business last year. | 我们去年做的交易 |
[14:51] | They’re certainly investigating something. | 他们肯定在调查什么 |
[14:52] | They were here? | 他们来这儿了 |
[14:53] | Roland Hlavin. | 罗兰德·拉温 |
[14:55] | That little smartass. | 那个自作聪明的家伙 |
[14:56] | What was he asking? | 他问了些什么 |
[14:57] | He was asking about Alicia Florrick. | 他问起了艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[14:59] | Alicia? | 艾丽西娅 |
[15:02] | TAPS– technology Allied Protection Service. | TAPS是技术联盟保护协会 |
[15:06] | What is that? | 这是什么机构 |
[15:07] | It is a multi-agency task force | 这是一个由多家机构组成的特别工作组 |
[15:09] | that works with Silicon Valley’s biggest companies | 他们与硅谷最大的公司合作 |
[15:11] | to clamp down on technology theft. | 专管技术偷窃的事 |
[15:14] | The iPolice? | 也就是网警 |
[15:15] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[15:16] | There is such a thing? | 还真有这么回事儿啊 |
[15:17] | Oh, yeah. And you want to know something interesting? | 是啊 还有更有趣的事呢 |
[15:19] | More interesting than the iPolice? | 比网警还有趣 |
[15:22] | Lead agent over there, Dunst. | 那边那个带头的探员 邓斯特 |
[15:25] | He’s based in San Francisco. | 他的管区在旧金山 |
[15:26] | The prototype was reported missing at 2:30 a.m. | 平板原型是在凌晨两点半报失的 |
[15:29] | And yet here he is, in Chicago, bright and early. | 他人现在已经在芝加哥了 大清早就来了 |
[15:32] | How’d he get here so fast? | 他怎么这么快就到了 |
[15:34] | Neil Gross’ private plane. | 坐尼尔·格罗斯的私人飞机来的 |
[15:35] | That is interesting. | 真是有意思 |
[15:37] | Diane needs you back at the office. | 戴安让你回办公室 |
[15:39] | Why? | 为什么 |
[15:40] | I don’t know. Go, I’ve got this. | 不知道 去吧 这里有我 |
[15:42] | All rise | 全体起立 |
[15:43] | for the Honorable Judge Hal Ferris. | 欢迎尊敬的法官 哈尔·费里斯 |
[15:48] | Angry faces. | 大家都满脸怒容啊 |
[15:50] | Looks like fun. | 看起来挺有趣的嘛 |
[15:53] | Fire away. | 开始吧 |
[15:54] | Your Honor, | 法官阁下 |
[15:55] | my client was arrested on the flimsiest of pretenses. | 我的客户是因为莫须有的罪名被逮捕的 |
[15:57] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[16:00] | There’s a trail of ants here, Harris. | 这儿有一列蚂蚁 哈里斯 |
[16:03] | Have you been eating sandwiches on my bench again? | 你是不是又在我的位置上吃三明治了 |
[16:05] | No, Your Honor. | 没有啊 法官阁下 |
[16:06] | Can we do something about this? | 能不能处理一下 |
[16:08] | I’ll get right on it. | 我马上就去办 |
[16:09] | Good. | 很好 |
[16:10] | Okay, uh, I’ll stand for this one. | 行了 我今天就站着吧 |
[16:13] | I’m a little grossed out. | 我真有点让人讨厌啊 |
[16:15] | And I can’t wait to hear more, counselor. | 我等不及要听你们说了 律师 |
[16:18] | Yes, Your Honor. | 好的 法官阁下 |
[16:19] | We request that the U.S. Attorney show… | 我们要求联邦检察官… |
[16:23] | Your Honor? | 法官阁下 |
[16:24] | Yes, I can listen to you | 我可以一边听你说 |
[16:26] | and watch ants at the same time. | 一边看这些蚂蚁 |
[16:28] | We request that the AUSA | 我们要求联邦检察官 |
[16:30] | show probable cause or release him. | 提供合理的逮捕依据 要不就释放他 |
[16:33] | Well, let’s get to it, then. | 那我们开始吧 |
[16:35] | Mr. Gross contacted us at 2:35 a.m. | 格罗斯先生凌晨两点三十五分联系了我们 |
[16:39] | We then interviewed Blake Reedy, | 之后我们见了布莱克·里迪 |
[16:41] | the engineer who was carrying the prototype. | 他是保管平板原型的工程师 |
[16:45] | Mr. Reedy stated that the device had been stolen | 里迪先生说是有人在展览大会结束后的派对上 |
[16:48] | from his backpack at the Deviceroy after-party. | 从他的背包里偷走了设备 |
[16:51] | We took it from there. | 我们是从那儿着手调查的 |
[16:52] | There were over 15,000 people at the party. | 超过一万五千人参加了派对 |
[16:55] | How did you locate Mr. Howell? | 你是怎么查到霍维尔先生的 |
[16:56] | We worked the guest list, | 我们查了宾客名单 |
[16:58] | cross-referenced it with known offenders. | 跟系统里有犯罪记录的人进行了交叉对比 |
[17:00] | We identified Mr. Howell, then tracked down his tweet | 查到了霍维尔先生 找到了他发的推特 |
[17:03] | with his pictures of the Foil. | 上面有他发的浮游的照片 |
[17:05] | Thanks, this is perfect. | 谢谢 这太棒了 |
[17:06] | The Foil is the stolen tablet, Your Honor. | 浮游就是被偷的平板 法官阁下 |
[17:10] | The known offenders list– why was Mr. Howell on it? | 为什么霍维尔先生会在有犯罪记录的名单上 |
[17:13] | Well, he’s something of a low-level hacker. | 他是个技术低劣的黑客 |
[17:15] | Low-level? I’m not low-level. | 技术低劣 我技术可不低劣 |
[17:17] | Fanboy stuff, mostly. | 算是个电子产品粉吧 |
[17:19] | Unveiling new game specs before they’re released. | 在产品发布之前就把参数给破解了 |
[17:23] | But he’s also been suspected of hacking law enforcement databases. | 我们也怀疑他黑了执法机关的数据库 |
[17:27] | Objection, no foundation. | 反对 没有根据 |
[17:29] | Withdrawn. | 我收回 |
[17:29] | No more questions. | 我没有问题了 |
[17:30] | Okay, next. | 接下来呢 |
[17:31] | Um, Agent Dunst, | 邓斯特探员 |
[17:33] | you’re technically with the FBI | 严格来说 你是联邦调查局的人 |
[17:34] | but also serve on TAPS– | 但你也在技协工作 |
[17:36] | the Technology Allied Protection Service task force, | 技术联盟保护协会 |
[17:39] | is that correct? | 是吗 |
[17:40] | It is, | 是的 |
[17:41] | although I would not call myself technically with the FBI. | 虽然我不会说自己严格意义上是联邦调查局的人 |
[17:44] | Does the FBI have a steering committee, sir? | 联邦调查局是不是有一个指导委员会 |
[17:46] | A… | 什么… |
[17:47] | Steering committee. | 指导委员会 |
[17:49] | No. | 没有啊 |
[17:50] | Does the Secret Service or the Chicago PD? | 那特勤局和芝加哥警署有吗 |
[17:53] | Not that I know of. | 据我所知没有 |
[17:54] | How about TAPS? | 那技术联盟保护协会呢 |
[17:55] | Does they have a steering committee? | 他们有指导委员会吗 |
[17:58] | Yes, they do. | 有的 |
[17:59] | And, um, who serves on this committee? | 这个委员会里有什么人呢 |
[18:01] | Law enforcement. Experts in their fields. | 执法机关 行业专家 |
[18:06] | And… | 还有呢… |
[18:08] | I’m not sure what you want me to say. | 我不知道你想让我说什么 |
[18:09] | CEOs of Silicon Valley’s 14 biggest companies– | 硅谷十四家公司的首席执行官 |
[18:12] | don’t they serve on the steering committee too? | 他们不是也在指导委员会里吗 |
[18:15] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[18:15] | Including Neil Gross? | 包括尼尔·格罗斯吗 |
[18:16] | Objection. Relevance. | 反对 与本案无关 |
[18:17] | I am just trying to identify | 我只是想确认邓斯特探员的 |
[18:19] | who Agent Dunst reports to. | 负责对象是谁 |
[18:21] | Your Honor, the TAPS steering committee | 法官阁下 技术联盟保护协会指导委员会 |
[18:23] | coordinates the protection of the country’s technology, | 旨在协调保护国家技术 |
[18:26] | which is a national security issue. | 这事关国家安全 |
[18:28] | And you know how much I love my national security secure. | 你知道我有多希望我的国家的安全得到保障 |
[18:33] | I’m guessing that the answer to Mrs. Florrick’s question is, | 我猜福瑞克夫人问题的回答是 |
[18:36] | “Yes, I do report to Neil Gross.” | 「没错 我的确是向尼尔·格罗斯负责」 |
[18:40] | That is correct. | 是的 |
[18:41] | Well, then I’ve heard the answer. | 好 我听到答案了 |
[18:42] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[18:43] | Did TAPS receive a grant from Chumhum? | 技术联盟保护协会是否收到过查查网的拨款 |
[18:45] | Objection. | 反对 |
[18:46] | Did your unit receive a grant from Chumhum, agent? | 你的协会是否收到过查查网的拨款呢 探员 |
[18:50] | Yes, Your Honor. | 是 法官阁下 |
[18:51] | So now I’ve heard that answer too. | 这个答案我也听到了 |
[18:53] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[18:54] | Agent Dunst, isn’t it true that last year alone, | 邓斯特探员 仅去年一年技术联盟保护协会 |
[18:57] | four agents from TAPS left for senior jobs | 就有四名探员离职并在查查网的治安部门 |
[19:01] | at Chumhum’s security department? | 高级职位 是真的吗 |
[19:02] | Objection. These questions are irrelevant. | 反对 这些问题与本案无关 |
[19:04] | Were there grounds to arrest the defendant? | 逮捕被告的理由是什么 |
[19:05] | That’s the only question that matters here. | 才是唯一值得质询的问题 |
[19:07] | This is a massive conflict of interest, Your Honor. | 这牵扯到巨大的利益冲突 法官阁下 |
[19:10] | TAPS is effectively acting | 技术联盟保护协会实际上 |
[19:11] | as Mr. Gross’ personal security force. | 成了格罗斯先生的私人护卫 |
[19:17] | TAPS is a legitimate law enforcement organization. | 技术联盟保护协会是合法的执法机构 |
[19:20] | Issues of conflict of interest | 因此利益冲突的问题 |
[19:22] | are more appropriate for trial, counselor. | 更适合在审讯的时候提出 律师 |
[19:25] | So for the moment the only question is: | 所以目前唯一的问题就是 |
[19:28] | is there enough evidence to hold your client? | 是否有足够的证据扣留你的当事人 |
[19:32] | Oh, good, uh, Lucca, we need you on the Dipple filing. | 对了 卢卡 你得去整理下迪普尔的材料 |
[19:35] | Oh, I’m in the midst of the Howell defense. | 我正在处理霍维尔的辩护案 |
[19:39] | I thought that was Alicia. | 那不是艾丽西娅在跟进吗 |
[19:40] | It is. | 是 |
[19:41] | But it’s-it’s me too. | 不过也有我 |
[19:44] | Actually, we would rather have you on the Dipple filing, | 我们更希望你能去整理迪普尔的材料 |
[19:46] | if that’s all right. You can work with Monica. | 如果你没意见的话 可以和莫妮卡一起整理 |
[19:49] | You’ll love working with her. She’s fantastic. | 你会喜欢和她共事的 她很有魅力 |
[19:52] | Monica… | 莫妮卡 |
[19:54] | do you remember Lucca? | 还记得卢卡吗 |
[19:56] | Yes. From the Safe Filter suit. | 记得 安全筛选的案子 |
[19:59] | Well, now you’re on the same side. | 现在你们不是对手了 |
[20:00] | Yes, now we are. | 是啊 |
[20:02] | Can you show Lucca what we’re doing? | 你给卢卡看下那些资料好吗 |
[20:03] | Sure can. | 当然 |
[20:09] | So… I’m supposed to really like you. | 那… 我应该很喜欢你咯 |
[20:12] | Yes, let’s share about our common experiences. | 是啊 分享一下我们的共同经历吧 |
[20:18] | Blake Reedy, | 布莱克·里迪 |
[20:18] | design engineer on the Foil development team. | 浮游研发小组的设计师 |
[20:21] | I designed the home button… | 我设计了主页键 |
[20:23] | with Mr. Gross’ input, of course. | 当然格罗斯先生也有帮忙 |
[20:25] | And you brought the prototype with you to the Deviceroy conference? | 你把样品带去设备展览会了吗 |
[20:28] | Yeah. I’d work on it during breaks. | 是的 便于休息时间继续研究 |
[20:30] | And how can you be sure | 那你怎么能确定 |
[20:31] | you didn’t lose it during one of those breaks? | 你不是在某个休息时间将它遗失了呢 |
[20:34] | My backpack has a power plug. | 我的背包里有个电源插座 |
[20:36] | When I’m not working on the device, | 我没鼓捣它的时候 |
[20:37] | it’s always plugged in there, charging. | 就会一直插着给它充电 |
[20:38] | And did you take the tablet out during the after-party? | 你有没有在庆功宴上把平板拿出来呢 |
[20:41] | No, it was in my bag the whole time. | 没有 一直放在我包里 |
[20:43] | But I remember that guy | 但我记得那个人 |
[20:45] | bumping into me by the martini bar. | 在马提尼酒吧撞了我一下 |
[20:47] | Mr. Howell, the defendant? | 被告人霍维尔先生吗 |
[20:49] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[20:50] | And when I got back to my hotel room 20 minutes later, | 20分钟后我回到酒店 |
[20:52] | I saw the Foil was gone. | 发现浮游不见了 |
[20:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:55] | Uh, so you never took the device out of your backpack? | 所以你从未将平板拿出过你的背包 |
[20:57] | I was like a Secret Service guy carrying the football. | 我就像个特务人员小心翼翼地背着颗足球 |
[21:02] | Um, this is from the comments section | 技术博主盖奇的博客里 |
[21:04] | of the tech blog Gadgy. | 有一条留言 |
[21:06] | Uh, a woman named CandyCane posted | 一位用户名为拐杖糖的女人说 |
[21:09] | about a “geek-hot engineer” who showed her | 一个性感设计师在设备展览会的庆功宴上 |
[21:11] | the Foil prototype at the Deviceroy party. | 给她展示了浮游的样品 |
[21:13] | Was there another geek-hot engineer with the prototype? | 还有另一位拥有浮游样品的性感设计师吗 |
[21:16] | Objection. | 反对 |
[21:17] | Sustained. Harris, where are we with the bug spray? | 反对有效 哈里斯 咱们的喷雾杀虫剂呢 |
[21:22] | Working on it, Your Honor. | 正在找 法官阁下 |
[21:23] | Did you not show this woman the Foil to impress her? | 你没有为了给这女人留下印象向她展示浮游吗 |
[21:26] | I-I didn’t let her touch it or anything. | 我没让她碰过 |
[21:28] | But isn’t it possible that you got distracted | 但是不是有可能你意乱情迷之后 |
[21:32] | and just left it? | 就忘了带走它呢 |
[21:33] | Objection. | 反对 |
[21:34] | Asked and answered. | 自问自答 |
[21:35] | Sure. Sustained. | 当然 反对有效 |
[21:36] | Could you read this text | 你能读一下这条短信吗 |
[21:38] | which is from your… coworker? | 是你…同事发的 |
[21:43] | How did you… how did you get this? | 你怎么…怎么拿到的 |
[21:44] | From your coworker. | 从你同事那拿的 |
[21:45] | Objection, Your Honor. What is this document? | 反对 法官阁下 那是什么文件 |
[21:47] | Uh, well, from what the counselor just told us | 根据那位律师刚刚说的 |
[21:50] | it seems to be a text message. | 应该是条短信吧 |
[21:52] | And from all appearances, your witness recognizes it. | 而且看来 你的证人认出了这条短信 |
[21:56] | So what is the objection? | 所以你的反对理由是什么 |
[21:57] | Foundation. | 没有根据 |
[21:58] | Sure. That’s an objection. | 是啊 这也是个反对理由 |
[22:00] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[22:01] | Could you read the text message? | 你能读一下短信吗 |
[22:02] | Um, “My bad. Gotta tell NG. | 「我的错 得赶紧告诉NG |
[22:05] | NG will kill me.” | NG会杀了我的」 |
[22:06] | NG being Neil Gross? | NG指尼尔·格罗斯 |
[22:08] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[22:09] | Didn’t you fabricate the whole theft story | 你是不是编造了这起偷窃事件 |
[22:11] | because you were afraid NG might kill you? | 因为你害怕尼尔·格罗斯会杀了你 |
[22:13] | No. | 我没有 |
[22:15] | Then what does that text refer to? | 那这条短信内容指的是什么 |
[22:16] | It being stolen. | 浮游被偷了 |
[22:17] | So why is it “Your bad” if it was stolen? | 如果是被偷的又怎么会是「你的错」呢 |
[22:20] | I don’t know. Because I was being inexact in my language? | 我不知道 可能因为我说话不严谨 |
[22:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[22:24] | When TAPS questioned you, did Mr. Gross | 当技术联盟保护协会质问你时 |
[22:27] | instruct them what to ask you? | 格罗斯先生有没有指示他们问你什么呢 |
[22:29] | Objection. We’ve been over this. | 反对 这个问题已经有决断了 |
[22:31] | Yup. Yeah, you lost this one earlier, Mrs. Florrick. | 没错 这个问题你方输了 福瑞克夫人 |
[22:35] | Sustained. | 反对有效 |
[22:36] | Nothing further. | 我问完了 |
[22:40] | I’m losing, aren’t I? | 我要输了 是吗 |
[22:42] | We have to shift gears. | 我们得改变策略 |
[22:46] | The Hard Core has protein, almonds, | 「硬核」里有蛋白质 杏仁粉 |
[22:48] | turbinado and one hell of an ice cream headache. | 粗糖和让你头痛的冰淇淋 |
[22:51] | Marissa! | 梅丽莎 |
[22:52] | – Dad. – I need you now! | -爸 -我现在就要和你谈谈 |
[22:54] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[22:57] | What the hell? | 怎么回事 |
[22:58] | Did the Fed ask you any questions about Alicia? | 那个联调局的人问你关于艾丽西娅的事了吗 |
[23:01] | No. I mentioned her, and he asked what she was like, | 没有 我先提到她 他问了她这人怎么样 |
[23:03] | but I didn’t say anything. | 但我什么都没说 |
[23:05] | He called again and asked me out. | 他又打电话约我出去了 |
[23:06] | Who, Hlavin? | 谁 拉温吗 |
[23:07] | Yeah. Just a few hours ago. | 是 就几小时前的事 |
[23:09] | I was thinking “No,” but maybe I should say “Yes.” | 我原本想拒绝 但或许我该同意 |
[23:11] | Is he after Alicia? | 他在调查艾丽西娅吗 |
[23:13] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[23:14] | Do you want me to find out? | 你想让我查清楚吗 |
[23:16] | You’ll be careful? | 你会小心的对吧 |
[23:17] | Always. | 一如既往 |
[23:27] | Eli. | 伊莱 |
[23:28] | So the 27th floor again. | 又回到27楼了 |
[23:30] | Everything comes full circle, doesn’t it? | 事事皆周而复始 不是吗 |
[23:32] | Yes. | 没错 |
[23:33] | First the tragedy, and then the farce. | 最初是悲剧 后又成了闹剧 |
[23:37] | You need something? | 你有什么需要 |
[23:39] | We’re good, yes? | 我们没事了 对吗 |
[23:41] | We’re good. | 我们没事了 |
[23:42] | I think Feds are investigating you. | 我觉得联调局在调查你 |
[23:45] | And your chair is tilted. | 还有你的椅子歪了 |
[23:49] | They’re investigating me for what? | 他们调查我什么 |
[23:51] | I don’t know. I’m trying to find out. | 我不知道 正在查 |
[23:52] | It could be the Judge Schakowsky bribe. | 有可能和沙考斯基法官受贿有关 |
[23:54] | I had nothing to do with that. | 我跟那事没关系 |
[23:55] | Or the electoral board vote. | 也可能是选举委员会投票的事 |
[23:56] | I need you to call me if Roland Hlavin comes by. | 如果罗兰德·拉温找你 一定告诉我 |
[23:59] | Him? | 他 |
[24:01] | He approached Marissa. | 他去找梅丽莎了 |
[24:02] | Oh, God. It never ends. | 天 没完没了啊 |
[24:05] | Neil Gross is a fascist. | 尼尔·格罗斯就是个法西斯 |
[24:07] | And fascists must not be allowed to terrorize. | 决不能纵容法西斯的威吓 |
[24:10] | Mr. Dudewitz, hello. | 杜德威茨先生 你好 |
[24:12] | Hello, lawyer, | 你好 律师 |
[24:13] | other lawyer. | 这位律师 |
[24:14] | I’m not a lawyer. | 我才不是律师 |
[24:15] | Do I care? | 谁在乎 |
[24:16] | I am here, as requested, to stand up to the bully. | 我来了 如你所愿 打击恶棍 |
[24:19] | – I’ll be in touch. – Yup. | -再联系 -好的 |
[24:21] | Here’s the Howell file, Alicia. | 这是霍维尔案的资料 艾丽西娅 |
[24:23] | Where are you going? | 你去哪 |
[24:25] | Me? Upstairs, on another case. | 我吗 楼上 处理其它案子 |
[24:28] | What other case? There’s no other case. | 什么其它案子 没有其它案子 |
[24:30] | I’m here. This is the case. | 我来了 就这个案子了 |
[24:32] | Diane has me on Dipple. | 戴安让我处理迪普尔的案子 |
[24:34] | Stay. I’ll talk to Diane. | 别去了 我跟戴安说 |
[24:37] | Great. Now what do you want? | 棒极了 要我怎么做 |
[24:39] | We want what you know about the Foil. | 说说你对浮游的了解 |
[24:42] | It’s a marketing stunt. | 这是营销手段 |
[24:43] | What part of it, Mr. Dudewitz? | 你指什么 杜德威茨先生 |
[24:45] | All of it. The lost device, the arrest of that guy there. | 所有一切 失窃 那人被捕 |
[24:48] | The… The… Aren’t you supposed to be sitting up there? | 还有…你不是应该坐上面吗 |
[24:51] | Yes, but it’s opposite day. | 是的 但今天特殊 |
[24:54] | See? No gavel, either. | 看到没 法槌也没有 |
[24:56] | Uh, please continue, Mr. Dudewitz. | 请继续 杜德威茨先生 |
[24:58] | What’s your name again? | 你叫什么来着 |
[24:59] | Lucca. | 卢卡 |
[24:59] | I love that name. | 这名字我喜欢 |
[25:00] | How’d you get that name? | 怎么起的 |
[25:01] | Objection, Your Honor. | 反对 法官阁下 |
[25:02] | Relevance. | 与本案无关 |
[25:03] | I know, but yet, I’m… I’m curious, too. | 的确 但…我也挺好奇 |
[25:06] | Uh, you may answer. | 请回答 |
[25:07] | My parents traveled a lot. | 我父母常常旅行 |
[25:10] | I was this close to being called “Budapest.” | 差点就被叫成「布达佩斯」了 |
[25:12] | Budapest. That’s funny. What was the question again? | 布达佩斯 真有趣 你问我什么 |
[25:15] | You were saying, um, this is a marketing stunt. | 你刚才说 这是营销手段 |
[25:19] | Yes. The lost Foil, this proceeding. | 是的 浮游失窃 这次庭审 |
[25:21] | It’s a piece of theatre. | 都是做戏 |
[25:22] | No, it’s a piece of tragic-comedy conjured up by Neil Gross, | 准确地说 是尼尔·格罗斯自导的悲喜剧 |
[25:26] | the great carnival barker of our time. | 这位当下最伟大的嘉年华拉客员 |
[25:28] | Objection. Relevance. | 反对 与本案无关 |
[25:29] | Your Honor, if this is indeed a marketing stunt, | 法官阁下 如果这确实是营销手段 |
[25:32] | then there is no crime, | 那就不存在犯罪 |
[25:34] | which would mean no probable cause. | 也就是没有合理依据 |
[25:35] | I’ll hear it out. Overruled. | 我要听下去 反对无效 |
[25:36] | What specifically | 请具体说说 |
[25:37] | makes you think this is a marketing stunt? | 你凭什么认为这是营销手段 |
[25:39] | We talked about the same thing with our first product launch. | 推第一款产品时 我们就讨论过这做法 |
[25:41] | Mr. Gross– and I use “Mister” guardedly– | 格罗斯先生…「先生」的尊称 我用得谨慎 |
[25:45] | he’s about to launch his first foray | 他即将推出新品 |
[25:47] | into personal computing devices | 初涉个人运算装置领域 |
[25:48] | where products die bloody, violent deaths. | 此领域产品个个死无葬身之地 |
[25:51] | He’s invested $800 million. | 他为此投资了8个亿 |
[25:53] | Why would he let a prototype off his premises? | 怎么可能不时刻盯着产品雏形 |
[25:54] | So Chumhum’s security lapse was intended? | 所以查查网的安全问题是有意为之 |
[25:57] | Objection. Speculation. | 反对 引导证人推测 |
[25:59] | Let me hear a bit more, then I’ll rule. | 我再听听 然后再判 |
[26:02] | Chumhum’s security is legendary. | 查查网的安保系统是传奇 |
[26:04] | That compound is more fortified than a missile silo in Kansas. | 层层把守 比堪萨斯的导弹发射井还坚固 |
[26:07] | So why leak the prototype? | 那为什么要泄露产品雏形 |
[26:08] | The Foil’s a great product. Kudos, Neil. | 浮游是个不错的产品 好样的 尼尔 |
[26:10] | At least you have the smarts to hire people smarter than you, | 至少你还有雇强手来工作的聪明才智 |
[26:13] | which actually isn’t that difficult. | 这其实也不难 |
[26:14] | Anthony… | 安东尼… |
[26:16] | It’s the umpteenth tablet in the market. | 市场上这种平板不计其数 |
[26:19] | It has a closed operating system. | 它的操作系统是封闭式的 |
[26:20] | Nobody’s building apps for it. | 没人给它编写应用程序 |
[26:21] | Bottom line: nobody cares. | 简单说 没人在乎 |
[26:23] | So the arrest of Mr. Howell | 那么逮捕霍维尔先生 |
[26:25] | boosts its profile by generating publicity? | 扩大了宣传 抬高了产品身价是吗 |
[26:28] | It does. Neil Gross is a jackass, | 是的 尼尔·格罗斯虽然混蛋 |
[26:30] | but he’s no dummy. | 但他不是傻子 |
[26:32] | Thank you, Mr. Dudewitz. | 谢谢你 杜德威茨先生 |
[26:33] | Anytime. For you. | 为了你 随时奉陪 |
[26:36] | Now I have to deal with mediocrity, yes? This lady. | 现在该应付平庸之辈了 说吧 这位女士 |
[26:39] | Just a few questions, Mr. Dudewitz. | 就几个问题 杜德威茨先生 |
[26:41] | Sure. I can’t wait. | 行 好期待啊 |
[26:42] | How do you beat the retina scan at Chumhum’s labs? | 如何通过查查网实验室的视网膜扫描 |
[26:45] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[26:46] | That’s because there is no retina scan at Chumhum. | 那是因为查查网没有视网膜扫描 |
[26:48] | Ah, you got me. I’m red-faced. | 被你难住了 我脸都红了 |
[26:51] | You have no idea of the security measures at Chumhum, do you? | 你根本不清楚查查网的安保措施 对不对 |
[26:55] | I don’t. I’m as innocent as a suckling babe. | 不清楚 我好比待哺婴儿 一无所知 |
[26:58] | You and Mr. Gross | 你和格罗斯先生 |
[26:59] | started out together at Freemont Labs, correct? | 是从弗里蒙实验室起家的 对吗 |
[27:02] | Yes, that’s where Neil tried to write code… | 是的 尼尔就是在那儿 尝试… |
[27:03] | with his own feces. | 用自己的便便编程 |
[27:05] | And you still subscribe to the Research Labs’ philosophy | 你仍然支持研究所实验室的理念 |
[27:08] | that technology should be shared | 认为技术应该共享 |
[27:10] | and not sold for profit, correct? | 而不应为了盈利售卖 对吗 |
[27:12] | You told her to go down that road, Neil? | 是你叫她走这步棋吗 尼尔 |
[27:13] | Mr. Dudewitz… | 杜德威茨先生 |
[27:14] | Did you also tell her about how you created the code for Chumhum | 咱们拜访了弗里蒙研究所实验室后 |
[27:18] | after our visit to the Freemont Research Labs? | 你怎么开始编写查查网代码的事 跟她说了吗 |
[27:21] | Perhaps we can get that in the record. | 或许应该存个档 |
[27:22] | Mr. Dudewitz, | 杜德威茨先生 |
[27:23] | you are to answer the attorney’s questions. | 请回答律师的问题 |
[27:26] | Do not address anyone else in the court. | 不要牵涉庭上他人 |
[27:29] | Withdrawn, Your Honor. | 收回提问 法官阁下 |
[27:30] | No further questions. | 没有其它问题了 |
[27:31] | Excuse me? | 说什么 |
[27:32] | We’re done here. No further questions. | 就到这里 没有其它问题了 |
[27:34] | What just happened? | 啥情况 |
[27:36] | I think we just landed a sucker punch. | 看来咱们出了一记重拳 |
[27:41] | Hello? | 你好 |
[27:43] | Who have you been talking to, Eli Gold? | 你最近联系谁了 伊莱·戈德 |
[27:45] | Ruth. | 鲁斯 |
[27:46] | I thought you’d been sucked up | 我以为你忙着北部地区州长竞选 |
[27:47] | into all those snow belt governors’ races. | 无暇抽身呢 |
[27:50] | I’ve kept busy. | 是挺忙的 |
[27:51] | So, to what do I owe this honor? | 你来找我 我何等荣幸 |
[27:52] | Oh, not so much an honor as a bad feeling. | 何谈荣幸 是不好的预感 |
[27:57] | Where’d you get that painting? | 那幅画哪来的 |
[28:00] | Courtney Paige. | 考特妮·佩琪送的 |
[28:00] | It makes me nervous. All those people staring, | 让我觉得不安 那么多人盯着你看 |
[28:03] | like they want something. | 像在跟你要什么 |
[28:05] | I think it’s about revolution. | 应该是革命之意 |
[28:06] | Are you sure? They seem to be singing. | 你确定 他们像在唱歌 |
[28:09] | And those trees. | 还有那树 |
[28:10] | Well, you know. Art. | 艺术嘛 |
[28:13] | Are you out to get me, Eli? | 你是要搞死我吗 伊莱 |
[28:14] | Am I… out to get you? | 我…搞死你 |
[28:16] | No. Why? Should I be? | 没有 怎么 应该这么做吗 |
[28:18] | You seem to have waited until I was good and gone | 你好像一直等着 到我彻底离开了 |
[28:20] | to get a little revenge. | 好报仇雪恨 |
[28:21] | What are you babbling about? | 你胡言乱语什么 |
[28:22] | Grand jury subpoena… from the FBI. | 大陪审团的传票 联邦调查局的审讯 |
[28:26] | Well, I’m sure it’s just a standard post-campaign wind-down. | 无非是竞选后的例行调查 |
[28:31] | You know, checking we dotted our I’s and crossed our T’s. | 看看咱们有没有漏掉什么细节 |
[28:34] | I’ve done that drill more than once, | 例行调查已经进行很多次了 |
[28:36] | and it does not include an FBI interrogation. | 那也不会涉及联邦调查局的审讯啊 |
[28:39] | Well, my advice is, don’t make too much of it. | 我建议你 别太在意 |
[28:42] | Eli, if you’re setting me up here, | 伊莱 如果你陷害我 |
[28:44] | I will take your skinny little head… | 我让你那瘦小的脑袋… |
[28:45] | I am not setting you up. | 我没有陷害你 |
[28:47] | And I give you my word: | 我向你保证 |
[28:48] | if I get even an inkling that you are in jeopardy, | 如果我感觉你有危险 |
[28:50] | I will let you know. | 也一定告诉你 |
[28:55] | We may be mercenaries, but… | 咱们虽然是拿人钱财替人消灾 但… |
[28:57] | even mercenaries have a code. | 雇佣兵也是有原则的 |
[29:02] | When this thing’s over… | 等事情结束… |
[29:03] | It’s over. | 已经结束了 |
[29:05] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[29:12] | You do realize your timing chronically sucks. | 你应该知道 我又正巧忙着 |
[29:14] | I need you to do something for me. | 我需要你帮个忙 |
[29:15] | Now? The store is packed. | 现在吗 店里生意正忙 |
[29:16] | Well, tell them to buy juice at 7-11 like normal people! | 叫他们正常点 去7-11便利店买果汁 |
[29:20] | I need you to call your friend Roland or Scott, | 你那朋友罗兰德还是斯科特 还是啥的 |
[29:23] | or whatever his name is. | 给他打电话 |
[29:24] | What? Why? | 什么 为什么 |
[29:25] | I need you to set up another date. | 帮我约他出来 |
[29:30] | Hey, where’s Lucca? | 卢卡去哪了 |
[29:32] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[29:33] | Wasn’t she here helping you? | 她不是在这里帮你忙吗 |
[29:35] | I think they needed her on another case. | 应该是另一个案子需要她 |
[29:37] | Here she is. | 她来了 |
[29:38] | Oh, Lu… What? | 卢…什么 |
[29:42] | No, right there… | 不 就在那里… |
[29:43] | Excuse me. What’s going on? | 不好意思 这是怎么回事 |
[29:44] | We have a warrant authorizing the search of these premises | 我们有搜查令授权在这里进行 |
[29:46] | for the missing Foil prototype. | 「浮游」样机的搜查工作 |
[29:48] | Ah, wait. Hold on. We’re Mr. Howell’s attorneys. | 等等 别急 我们是霍维尔先生的律师 |
[29:51] | Anything you find here is work product, | 你们在这里找到的都是工作物品 |
[29:52] | and, therefore, privileged. | 因此是受特权保护的 |
[29:54] | This also happens to be Howell’s place of work, | 这里刚好也是霍维尔先生的工作场所 |
[29:56] | so, yes, we’re authorized. | 所以我们有权搜查这里 |
[29:58] | Mr. Howell’s cubicle is downstairs. | 霍维尔先生的工作隔间在楼下 |
[30:00] | Your search will be confined to his work space | 你们的搜查工作只限于他的工作区域 |
[30:02] | and will be supervised by one of us. | 并受我们中一人监管 |
[30:04] | No ma’am. As IT specialist, | 不是这样的 作为IT专家 |
[30:05] | he has access to every cubicle and office on the premises, | 他有权进入这里的每一个工作隔间与办公室 |
[30:09] | so we’ll search where we like. Excuse me. | 所以我们想搜哪里就搜哪里 请见谅 |
[30:16] | They won’t find anything. | 他们会一无所获的 |
[30:17] | How can you be sure? | 你怎么这么肯定 |
[30:21] | Because I have it. | 因为样机在我这里 |
[30:28] | You were told multiple times the firm | 我们跟你说了很多次 |
[30:30] | would have nothing to do with this device. | 律所和这台样机没有任何牵连 |
[30:31] | I didn’t take it to help broker a sale. | 我这么做不是为了促成买卖 |
[30:33] | It all happened in the moment. | 事情都发生在一瞬间 |
[30:36] | When they arrested him, | 当他们来逮捕他时 |
[30:36] | Howell panicked and stashed it in my cubicle. | 霍维尔慌了 就把它藏在我的隔间 |
[30:40] | They’re losing the probable cause hearing. | 他们在合理依据听证会没胜算 |
[30:42] | This is their pushback. | 这是在垂死挣扎 |
[30:43] | We should give them their device. | 我们应当把样机给他们 |
[30:44] | We can’t do that. It’s bound up in attorney-client privilege. | 不能那样做 这受律师委托人保密特权约束 |
[30:51] | We should talk. | 我们需要谈谈 |
[30:53] | Alicia, do you have a minute? | 艾丽西娅 你有空吗 |
[30:56] | So, we have to find a working rhythm here again. | 是这样的 我们得找回这里的工作模式 |
[31:00] | I know. The Howell case got a bit out of hand. | 我懂 霍维尔的案子是有点失控 |
[31:04] | No, it’s bigger than that. | 不 比这事更严重 |
[31:08] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[31:09] | When Cary suggested | 当凯里建议 |
[31:10] | that you come back, I wasn’t against it, | 让你回来时 我没有反对 |
[31:14] | but I was afraid that there might be a few bumps. | 但我害怕你我之间会出现冲突 |
[31:18] | Which bumps might those be? | 会有什么冲突 |
[31:20] | A certain independence | 你有点不受管束 |
[31:23] | and a resistance to oversight. | 并且有错不认 |
[31:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[31:28] | Tell me how you would like me to improve. | 你想让我怎么改进 |
[31:33] | Lucca isn’t your associate. | 卢卡不是你的律师 |
[31:36] | She is the firm’s associate. | 是我们律所的律师 |
[31:38] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[31:40] | She caught the Howell case with me, so I thought | 霍维尔的案子是我和她一起立的 于是我想 |
[31:42] | the associate that caught the case stays with the case. | 立案的律师应该继续参与到案子中 |
[31:46] | Sometimes. | 有时是这样 |
[31:47] | If the partners agree. | 如果合伙人同意的话 |
[31:49] | I see. I’m sorry. | 我明白了 抱歉 |
[31:52] | I should have checked with you first. Anything else? | 我应当先征求你的同意 还有别的事吗 |
[31:57] | Lucca needs to know that she is answerable to the firm, | 卢卡应该知道自己是效力于律所的 |
[32:00] | and not just to you. | 而不是只听你的 |
[32:02] | And that’s why you have her on the Dipple case? | 所以你才把她调去处理迪普尔的案子吗 |
[32:03] | No. I have her on the Dipple case | 不 我调她去处理迪普尔的案子 |
[32:07] | because we needed an associate on the Dipple case. | 是因为我们需要人去处理迪普尔的案子 |
[32:12] | Diane, | 戴安 |
[32:14] | I’m thrilled to be back. | 很高兴我能回到这里 |
[32:16] | I want to be of service. | 我想为律所出一份力 |
[32:18] | But I also return with some cases, | 但我同样给律所带来了案子 |
[32:21] | clients and knowledge. | 客户以及经验 |
[32:23] | You mean, in bond court? | 你是指在保释法庭的经验吗 |
[32:26] | Yes, | 没错 |
[32:27] | I do mean in bond court. | 是在保释法庭的经验 |
[32:30] | Lucca is good. | 卢卡是个好律师 |
[32:32] | She’s smart and forward-leaning | 她聪明 稳重 |
[32:35] | and a prodigy. | 天赋异禀 |
[32:37] | And with respect, | 恕我直言 |
[32:40] | she shouldn’t be given grunt work. | 她现在有点大材小用了 |
[32:44] | Your advice is welcome. | 我们接受你的建议 |
[32:45] | The partners will consider it. | 合伙人这边会考虑看看的 |
[32:47] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:51] | Anything else? | 还有别的事吗 |
[32:52] | No, you can go. | 没了 你可以走了 |
[33:05] | Hypothetical, Mr. Gross. | 假设一下 格罗斯先生 |
[33:07] | Suppose I knew where the Foil prototype was. | 假如我知道「浮游」的样机在哪里 |
[33:12] | Melodramatic opening, | 很戏剧化的开场 |
[33:13] | but I’m listening. | 我听着呢 |
[33:14] | If I could convince my client to return it, | 如果我能让我的客户归还它 |
[33:18] | would you convince TAPS to drop the charges? | 你会让技术联盟保护协会撤诉吗 |
[33:20] | I would on the condition | 如果他能告诉我 |
[33:22] | that he also tell me exactly how he got it. | 他是怎么得到样机的 我就撤诉 |
[33:24] | No. | 不行 |
[33:25] | Then we have nothing to hypothetically negotiate. | 那就没什么要去做假设性的协商了 |
[33:27] | Dudewitz is right about you. | 杜德维茨对你的评价很正确 |
[33:29] | You think you’re so indispensable | 你觉得自己对现代社会的构成 |
[33:31] | to the fabric of modern society | 是如此的必不可少 |
[33:32] | that you’ve even bought your own a police force | 以致于你甚至组建了自己的专属警力 |
[33:34] | to do your dirty work under color of law. | 打着执法的旗号做些见不得人的事 |
[33:37] | Goliath stomping David, right? | 你觉得我在以大欺小 对吧 |
[33:39] | You know what these TAPS agents are, Mrs. Florrick? | 你知道技术联盟保护协会是什么吗 福瑞克夫人 |
[33:43] | They are heroes. | 他们是英雄 |
[33:45] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[33:47] | And why is that, Mr. Gross? | 为什么这么说 格罗斯先生 |
[33:49] | Because the Goliaths are the new Davids. | 因为长江后浪推前浪 |
[33:52] | The model of scruffy kids toiling in a garage | 车库里劳碌的邋遢小子 |
[33:54] | is a quaint anachronism. | 已经是过去式了 |
[33:56] | This isn’t 1953, 1973 | 现在不是1953年 1973年 |
[33:59] | or even 2003. | 也不是2003年 |
[34:02] | The great innovations today | 如今的伟大创新 |
[34:03] | are coming out of corporate labs, not garages. | 都是出自企业的实验室 而不是小小的车库 |
[34:06] | Everyone thinks Goliath is the villain, | 所有人都觉得大公司是恶棍 |
[34:09] | but the truth is that today, | 可如今的世道演变成 |
[34:10] | more often than not, he is a victim. | 大公司更多时候扮演的是受害者 |
[34:13] | And he needs protection. | 大公司需要保护 |
[34:14] | Objection. Relevance, not to mention self-aggrandizing. | 反对 与本案无关 更不用说他在夸大其词了 |
[34:17] | Let’s get back to probable cause, Ms. Gades. | 让我们回到合理依据上吧 加德斯先生 |
[34:21] | Uh, Harris… | 哈里斯… |
[34:23] | they’re back. | 又有蚂蚁了 |
[34:24] | I have another call in, Your Honor. | 我忙着呢 法官阁下 |
[34:26] | Well, they seem to be getting bigger. | 它们看上去变大了 |
[34:28] | Your Honor, may I continue? | 法官阁下 我能继续吗 |
[34:29] | Go for it. | 继续吧 |
[34:30] | Was the leak of the Foil | 「浮游」的泄露 |
[34:32] | a marketing stunt, as Anthony Dudewitz alleges? | 是如安东尼·杜德维茨所断言的营销手段吗 |
[34:34] | Hmm. Anthony’s currency is, um, conspiracy theories. | 安东尼的言论是阴谋论 |
[34:39] | They make for fun segments on Discovery Channel, | 那些是用来在探索频道当笑料的 |
[34:41] | but they don’t comport with reality. | 与现实没什么联系 |
[34:43] | No. No, this was not a marketing stunt. | 所以这并不是营销手段 |
[34:46] | But this incident has garnered | 但这次意外有让 |
[34:47] | publicity for the Foil, has it not? | 公众关注到「浮游」 是吧 |
[34:49] | I can generate publicity | 我能用一百万种方法 |
[34:50] | in a million different ways. | 来赢得公众的注意力 |
[34:52] | I’m a carnival barker, remember? | 我可会吆喝了 记得吗 |
[34:54] | No, I would never leak the Foil | 我绝不会主动泄露「浮游」 |
[34:55] | for one simple reason: | 就因为一个原因 |
[34:58] | I don’t launch defective products. | 我不会让公众看到有缺陷的产品 |
[35:00] | What is he talking about? | 他在说什么啊 |
[35:01] | I don’t know. | 我不清楚 |
[35:02] | Are you saying the product is defective? | 你是说这款产品是有缺陷的吗 |
[35:04] | Yes, in its current state. | 就现阶段而言 |
[35:06] | The… the swipe function has a rebound effect. | 那个…滑动功能还存在反弹效果 |
[35:09] | It’s barely visible, but it’s enough to keep me up at night. | 尽管微乎其微 但也足以让我睡不着觉了 |
[35:12] | And even Anthony Dudewitz can tell you, | 即便安东尼·杜德维茨这样跟你们说的 |
[35:14] | I would never use a stunt to leak a product | 我也不会用这样的手段来泄露一款 |
[35:17] | that is not perfect. | 有缺陷的产品 |
[35:18] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢你 先生 |
[35:19] | Mr. Gross… | 格罗斯先生… |
[35:20] | That’s okay, Mrs. Florrick. | 够了 福瑞克夫人 |
[35:23] | I’ve heard enough. | 我听够了 |
[35:24] | What? I’d like to cross. | 什么 我还想做交叉质询 |
[35:25] | Mr. Gross has convinced me | 格罗斯先生已经使我相信 |
[35:26] | that this wasn’t a marketing stunt. | 这不是营销手段了 |
[35:30] | Uh, there. | 就这样 |
[35:31] | I saved you your cross. | 我省了你交叉质询的功夫 |
[35:32] | Your Honor… | 法官阁下… |
[35:33] | This is a preliminary hearing, Mrs. Florrick, | 这只是预审阶段 福瑞克夫人 |
[35:35] | not a trial. | 不是庭审 |
[35:36] | You can revisit it then | 你要找不到更好的论点 |
[35:38] | if you can’t come up with something better. | 就等以后再做质询吧 |
[35:41] | I’m entering a finding of probable cause. | 我还在摸索合理依据 |
[35:46] | We’ll set trial for six months from now. | 庭审就定在六个月之后吧 |
[35:57] | You’re wasting your time with Ruth Eastman. | 你找鲁斯·伊斯曼只是浪费时间 |
[35:59] | Am I now? | 是吗 |
[35:59] | I’ve worked with dozens of political operatives, | 我和无数政坛人员共事过 |
[36:02] | and Ruth is as upstanding as they come. | 鲁斯绝对是一个正直的人 |
[36:05] | I’m surprised. | 我很惊讶 |
[36:06] | That Ruth’s legit? | 惊讶鲁斯守法吗 |
[36:07] | No. That you’d defend her | 不 惊讶你为她辩护 |
[36:09] | after she pushed you out of Governor Florrick’s campaign. | 她可是把你从福瑞克州长的竞选中挤了出去 |
[36:12] | Well, you know. | 你懂得 |
[36:13] | Bygones. | 都是过去了 |
[36:15] | Hmm. From what I heard, that wound up putting you | 据我所知 那件事可是让你 |
[36:17] | on the outs with the entire Florrick family. | 和整个福瑞克家闹翻了 |
[36:20] | What do you want to know, | 你想知道些什么 |
[36:22] | Agent Hlavin or Devereaux? Hmm? | 拉文探员 或者说德弗罗探员 |
[36:26] | Instead of poking around with Ruth Eastman and God knows who else, | 别再纠缠鲁斯·伊斯曼或者其他人了 |
[36:29] | why don’t you just ask me? | 直接问我吧 |
[36:31] | What do you want? | 你想怎样 |
[36:31] | You’ll find out soon enough. | 你马上就会知道的 |
[36:34] | There’s a limit to how long you can play this game | 你耍这种把戏是有限度的 |
[36:36] | before investigation turns into intimidation. | 小心别把调查变成了恐吓 |
[36:39] | Are you threatening me? | 你是在威胁我吗 |
[36:42] | No, never. | 不 绝不 |
[36:45] | Just observing. | 我只是观察 |
[36:45] | Be careful, Eli. | 小心点 伊莱 |
[36:47] | I have the full resources of the FBI | 在这件事上 |
[36:49] | and the Justice Department behind me on this, | 我拥有整个联调局和司法部的资源 |
[36:52] | and we always get what we’re after. | 我们总能得到我们想要的 |
[36:58] | I heard about the hearing. I’m sorry. | 我听说听证会的情况了 我很遗憾 |
[37:00] | Yeah, looks like we’re headed towards a summer trial. | 是啊 我们可能要夏天庭审了 |
[37:03] | Well, on the upside, Howell can at least make bail. | 想想好的一面 霍维尔至少能保释 |
[37:06] | He doesn’t have $250,000. | 他没有25万美金 |
[37:08] | He will now. | 他马上就有了 |
[37:09] | That tech blog site, Gadgy, | 那个科技博客网站 盖奇网 |
[37:11] | just upped their bid to $250,000. | 把他们的出价抬到25万美金了 |
[37:17] | Alicia? | 艾丽西娅 |
[37:20] | Please tell me you haven’t been negotiating with Gadgy. | 告诉我你没有和盖奇谈判 |
[37:24] | I’m sorry, I haven’t what? | 不好意思 我怎么了 |
[37:26] | Gadgy just offered Howell $250,000, | 盖奇刚才给霍维尔出价25万 |
[37:29] | which means someone has been talking to them, | 所以肯定有人和他们说了 |
[37:32] | and it sure as hell couldn’t have been him. | 而且绝对不可能是霍维尔 |
[37:34] | And you think it was me? | 那你就觉得是我吗 |
[37:35] | Well, you’ve been hell-bent on proving Cary and Diane wrong. | 你确实在努力证明凯里和戴安错了 |
[37:38] | You can’t dig in on principle at a firm like this. | 你不能在这种公司里面太坚守原则 |
[37:41] | I know that coming here wasn’t your first choice– | 我知道来这里不是你的首选 |
[37:43] | believe me, it wasn’t mine– | 相信我 也不是我的首选 |
[37:45] | but our hand was forced. | 但是我们没办法 |
[37:48] | I think I found your guilty party. | 我觉得我找到你说的人了 |
[37:50] | Or more accurately, | 或者更准确地说 |
[37:52] | 419,000 guilty parties. | 41.9万个人 |
[38:01] | Wait a minute. | 等等 |
[38:02] | With all those followers, | 有这么多粉丝 |
[38:04] | I think there’s another way to go. | 我觉得还有其他办法 |
[38:09] | It’s Peter. | 他们在查彼得 |
[38:10] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[38:11] | They don’t bring the full resources of the FBI | 他们不会随便对一个人出动 |
[38:13] | and the Justice Department against just anyone. | 整个联调局和司法部的资源 |
[38:17] | They’re trying to bring down another governor. | 他们是想再扳倒一个州长 |
[38:18] | Which issue specifically? | 具体是哪件事 |
[38:21] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[38:24] | You know what it’s like. | 情况是什么样你也知道 |
[38:26] | The longer you’re in office, the more things there are | 在这个办公室里呆的时间越长 |
[38:28] | that are papered over, put away, massaged. | 就有越多的事情被掩盖 搁置和美化 |
[38:34] | Yes, but in my experience, | 是 但以我的经验 |
[38:37] | if you think back through all of the issues | 你回顾一下所有这些事 |
[38:39] | and figure which one you never kept a file on, | 如果有一件事你没有留下任何文件 |
[38:41] | never took a note about, never admitted to anyone… | 从来不记录 从来没有对任何人承认过 |
[38:44] | that’s the one. | 那就是那件事了 |
[38:47] | You know… | 你知道吗 |
[38:50] | you were right. | 你是对的 |
[38:53] | ‘Bout what? | 什么对的 |
[38:53] | Returning home after losing a presidential bid, | 参选总统失败后回到家乡 |
[38:55] | Peter had a target on his back… | 彼得肯定要被背后阴一招 |
[39:00] | …and someone’s going to take a shot at him. | 会有人去扳倒他的 |
[39:03] | Every time. | 向来如此 |
[39:07] | Good luck, Eli. | 祝你好运 伊莱 |
[39:22] | All rise! | 全体起立 |
[39:34] | So Christo seems to have been at work here. | 是克里斯多弄得这些吗 |
[39:37] | No. | 不是 |
[39:38] | Pete from maintenance. | 维修部的彼得做的 |
[39:42] | So he didn’t want to tent me, too? | 他怎么不把我也包进去呢 |
[39:43] | No. He thinks this will do it. | 不 他觉得这样就行了 |
[39:46] | Great. | 真棒 |
[39:47] | Well. | 好吧 |
[39:48] | It’s a real improvement here. | 这里真是好多了 |
[39:51] | So, we seem to have a new defense here we’re trying, counselor? | 看来你们又想出了一个新的辩护策略 是吗 |
[39:56] | Well, not new. | 虽然不是新的 |
[39:57] | But true. | 但确实是这样 |
[39:59] | Mr. Howell is a journalist. | 霍维尔先生是一位记者 |
[40:00] | Really?! | 真的吗 |
[40:01] | When did this happen? | 什么时候的事 |
[40:02] | A citizen journalist. | 他是一位公民记者 |
[40:03] | Mr. Howell is therefore entitled to protect the identity | 因此霍维尔先生有权利 |
[40:06] | of the person from whom he obtained the Foil | 保护向他提供浮游的人 |
[40:09] | and to do as he pleases with the device. | 以及随心处置这台设备 |
[40:10] | Mr. Howell is not a journalist. | 霍维尔先生不是记者 |
[40:12] | He’s a look-at-me with a smartphone. | 他只是一个拿着智能手机渴求关注的人 |
[40:13] | His tweet about the Foil | 他关于浮游的推文 |
[40:15] | falls within the definition of journalism. | 符合记者的定义 |
[40:18] | He shared information in a public forum, | 他在公共论坛上共享信息 |
[40:20] | information he analyzed… | 这些信息是他分析… |
[40:22] | With five exclamation points? | 用了五个感叹号的信息吗 |
[40:23] | That does not qualify as analysis. | 那根本不叫分析 |
[40:25] | And his post sparked public debate | 并且他的推文激起了大众 |
[40:28] | about whether the Foil would succeed or fail. | 关于浮游是否会成功的争论 |
[40:29] | This so-called debate includes an emoji of a flaming poop. | 她所谓的争论里发了一个着火的便便表情 |
[40:33] | Well, it’s not as though he tweeted a picture of his johnson, Ms. Gades. | 他又不是发了一张他丁丁的照片 盖兹女士 |
[40:37] | There’s public interest in the Foil, | 浮游有着公众兴趣 |
[40:41] | and his tweets added to the public discourse, | 并且他的推文也激发了公共言论 |
[40:46] | uh, flaming poops notwithstanding. | 尽管包含了着火的便便 |
[40:49] | This court therefore considers the defendant… | 因此本法庭裁决被告为 |
[40:54] | a journalist. | 一位记者 |
[40:56] | Go free and go crazy, Mr. Howell. | 去自由而狂热起来吧 霍维尔先生 |
[41:06] | The journalism angle you came up with was a home run. | 你想到的这个记者切入点真是厉害 |
[41:09] | Nice job. | 做得好 |
[41:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:11] | Now I need you on something else. | 现在我需要你来干点其他事 |
[41:13] | What? | 什么事 |
[41:20] | So here we are. | 又见面了 |
[41:22] | Yep. | 是啊 |
[41:25] | Do you know any spirituals? | 你会唱什么灵歌吗[最初为黑奴所唱] |
[41:30] | Ruth? | 鲁斯 |
[41:32] | What a nice surprise. | 真是个惊喜 |
[41:34] | I was in town, figured I’d bring you a little office-warming present. | 我在市里 想给你带乔迁新办公室的礼物 |
[41:38] | El Audaz. | 埃尔奥达兹 |
[41:40] | It means “The bold.” | 意思是「勇猛」 |
[41:42] | That strong, huh? | 那应该很烈呢 |
[41:43] | You’ll see. | 你试试就知道了 |
[41:44] | Well, there is no time like the present. | 那现在试再好不过了 |
[41:49] | Rough day? | 今天不太顺吗 |
[41:50] | It was a bumpy reentry. | 重新回来挺坎坷的 |
[41:51] | Yes, I was surprised. | 我还在惊奇 |
[41:52] | I thought you reveled in your independence. | 我以为你沉浸在你的独立中呢 |
[41:55] | Big decisions are easy when you have no other options. | 别无选择的时候重大决定就容易多了 |
[42:04] | Oh, you weren’t kidding. | 你还真没在开玩笑 |
[42:07] | Never about tequila. | 我从不对龙舌兰开玩笑 |
[42:10] | So, what are you up to now? | 你现在准备做什么呢 |
[42:12] | Couple governor races. | 一些州长竞选 |
[42:14] | But coming off a presidential, these statewides seem so simple. | 经过了总统选举 这些州级的感觉简单多了 |
[42:17] | I bet. | 我想也是 |
[42:19] | Mrs. Florrick, I don’t want you to get too comfortable. | 福瑞克夫人 我不想让你过于安逸 |
[42:21] | You… what do you mean? | 你…你的意思是 |
[42:23] | Your husband has a target on his back. | 你丈夫被人盯上了 |
[42:26] | Well, anyone in public life does. | 任何公众人物都会 |
[42:29] | No, but not like this. | 不 这次不一样 |
[42:32] | No question Peter loves you, | 毫无疑问彼得爱你 |
[42:33] | but he can hurt you. | 但他会伤害你 |
[42:35] | Drag you down. | 会把你拖下水 |
[42:37] | Not only destroy everything you’ve done, | 不仅会毁了你所做的一切 |
[42:39] | but everything you want to do. | 还会毁掉你想要做的 |
[42:42] | Cash out while you still can. | 趁现在还能就抽身吧 |