时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Where you going? | 你要去哪 |
[00:04] | Okay, hold on a second. | 好吧 等等 |
[00:06] | Hold on a second. Hol… | 等一下 天 |
[00:08] | Hey, hey, she’s doing it, she’s doing it! | 她做到了 她做到了 |
[00:10] | Yesha, Yesha, you’re standing, baby. | 叶莎 叶莎 你站起来了 宝贝 |
[00:13] | She’s standing up! Hurry, get in here! | 她站起来了 快进来 |
[00:15] | Look at Daddy, look at Daddy, look at Daddy. | 看爸爸 看爸爸 看爸爸 |
[00:16] | Ah! I got you. | 我拍到你了 |
[00:18] | First day of school, ready to conquer the universe. | 第一天上学 准备征服宇宙了 |
[00:21] | Yes, indeed, look at my baby. | 的确 看看我的宝贝 |
[00:23] | My baby girl, Yesha Dargis. | 我的宝贝女儿 叶莎·达吉斯 |
[00:26] | Yes! Give Daddy a wave. | 对 跟爸爸招招手 |
[00:28] | Yeah, baby. | 对 宝贝 |
[00:29] | That’s good. | 很好 |
[00:30] | “After passing the medical college admission test, | 在通过医学院入学考试之后 |
[00:33] | “I will need four more years of education, | 我还将需要四年的教育 |
[00:35] | and I intend to go to Stanford School of Medicine.” | 而我想去斯坦福医学院 |
[00:38] | But nobody will love me, Dad. | 但是没有人会爱我 爸 |
[00:41] | Not with these stupid braces. | 只要我还戴着这个蠢牙箍 |
[00:44] | Hey. Come here. | 过来 |
[00:50] | Everyone… will love you, honey, | 每个人 都会爱你的 亲爱的 |
[00:52] | because you are the most beautiful girl | 因为你是世界上 |
[00:56] | in the world. | 最美的女孩 |
[00:58] | Wow. | 天呐 |
[00:59] | Hold on, baby. Look at my little girl | 等一下 宝贝 看看我的女儿 |
[01:01] | growing up. Her first prom. | 长大了 第一次参加舞会 |
[01:03] | Look at you! You look… you look gorgeous. | 看看你 你看起来 美极了 |
[01:06] | Absolutely stunning. | 太美了 |
[01:07] | You look good, too, young man. You look good. | 你看着也不错 小伙子 不错 |
[01:10] | Okay, Dad, can we go now? | 好了爸爸 我们可以走了吗 |
[01:11] | All right, hold on. Need a… | 好吧 等一下 得 |
[01:12] | Need a picture, please. | 得拍张照 |
[01:14] | All right, got you. | 好了 拍到了 |
[01:15] | All right, you guys. | 好了 你们 |
[01:16] | What, I don’t get no love? | 怎么 不给我点爱的表示吗 |
[01:19] | All right. I love you. | 好吧 我爱你 |
[01:20] | Love you, too. | 我也爱你 |
[01:33] | Did you want a son, Dad, not a daughter? | 你有想过要儿子不要女儿吗 爸爸 |
[01:35] | No. Why would you ask me that? | 没有啊 为什么问我这个 |
[01:38] | I don’t know. Boys seem less complicated. | 不知道 男孩似乎没有这么麻烦 |
[01:46] | What’s that? | 什么声音 |
[01:47] | Next door. | 隔壁的 |
[01:48] | They’re having some problems. | 他们有点问题 |
[01:50] | I think he’s selling drugs or something. | 我觉得他们在贩毒还是怎么的 |
[01:53] | Yesha, get down! | 叶莎 趴下 |
[01:54] | Get down, Yesha! | 趴下 叶莎 |
[02:02] | Gina, call 911! | 吉娜 快报警 |
[02:04] | Yesha, no, no, no, no. No, no, no, no. | 叶莎 不不不不 |
[02:06] | Dad. Dad, Dad, Dad. | 爸爸 爸 爸 爸 |
[02:07] | It’s okay. It’s okay. It’s okay. | 没事的 没事的 没事的 |
[02:18] | Dad, Dad. | 爸爸 爸爸 |
[02:22] | Dad. Dad… | 爸 爸 |
[02:34] | I sympathize with Mr. Dargis. | 我很同情达吉斯先生 |
[02:36] | Everyone in this courtroom sympathizes with a father | 这个法庭上的每个人都同情 |
[02:39] | who loses his daughter, | 一位失去女儿的父亲 |
[02:41] | but this billboard he put up | 但是他立这个广告牌 |
[02:42] | is intended to maliciously harm my client’s business. | 是为了故意损害我当事人的生意 |
[02:45] | No. My client’s intent is simply to ensure | 不 我当事人的意图只是要确保 |
[02:48] | that those ultimately responsible | 真正应该为 |
[02:51] | for his daughter’s death | 他女儿的死负责的人 |
[02:52] | are held accountable in the court of public opinion, | 在大众舆论中承担责任 |
[02:54] | since the Protection | 因为 |
[02:55] | of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act | 合法武器经营保护法案 |
[02:58] | precludes them from being held accountable | 让他们在法庭上 |
[03:00] | in a court of law. | 不用对此负责 |
[03:01] | Forgive me, is there | 不好意思 这句话 |
[03:02] | a noun missing? | 是不是少个名词 |
[03:03] | Gloria’s is the noun, Your Honor. | 格洛丽亚就是名词 法官阁下 |
[03:05] | Gloria’s Guns is the gun shop that sold | 就是格洛丽亚枪械店出售了 |
[03:08] | the semiautomatic handgun used to murder our client’s daughter. | 用于谋杀我当事人女儿的那把半自动手枪 |
[03:11] | Ah. My condolences, sir. | 请节哀 先生 |
[03:13] | And the billboard is protected under the First Amendment. | 而且该广告牌受第一修正案的保护 |
[03:15] | No. | 不 |
[03:15] | It’s defamatory, and we want it taken down. | 那是诽谤中伤 我们希望撤掉它 |
[03:17] | Can you… | 你能 |
[03:18] | show damages? | 拿出实际损伤吗 |
[03:21] | I’ve owned Gloria’s Guns for 11 years. | 我开格洛丽亚枪械店十一年了 |
[03:22] | I took it over from my dad when he passed. | 是我父亲去世时传给我的 |
[03:24] | And did your store | 你的店 |
[03:25] | murder Yesha Dargis? | 杀了叶莎·达吉斯吗 |
[03:26] | No. | 没有 |
[03:28] | I’m sorry, sir. | 很抱歉 先生 |
[03:29] | My brother died after he got back from Iraq. | 我弟弟从伊拉克回来后去世了 |
[03:31] | I know what it’s like to lose a loved one. | 我知道失去亲人的感觉 |
[03:33] | But no. | 但我的店没有杀她 |
[03:35] | Have you or your store | 那你或你的商店 |
[03:36] | ever been prosecuted or even fined in connection | 曾因非法销售枪械而被告 |
[03:38] | – with unlawful gun sales? – No. | -或者罚款吗 -没有 |
[03:40] | And has this billboard had an impact on your business? | 这个广告牌影响到你的生意了吗 |
[03:43] | It has. There are protesters outside of my shop every day, | 是的 我的店门口每天都有抗议者 |
[03:47] | trying their best to shut me down. | 竭尽全力想要让我关门 |
[03:49] | Are you aware that, in the past five years, | 你是否知道 在过去五年中 |
[03:51] | over 3,000 guns used in crimes | 有超过三千把用于犯罪的枪械 |
[03:54] | have been traced back to your store? | 是从你的店里卖出去的 |
[03:55] | I’ve heard that number. | 我听说过那个数字 |
[03:57] | But it’s not the shop. | 但那不关商店的事 |
[03:59] | It’s the neighborhood I’m in. | 是因为我所在的社区 |
[04:00] | Would I rather move to a better neighborhood? | 我难道不想搬到更好的社区吗 |
[04:03] | Yes, but I can’t afford the rent. | 当然想 但是我付不起租金 |
[04:05] | Aren’t there a lot of people who shop at Gloria’s Guns | 有很多人在格洛丽亚枪械店买枪 |
[04:07] | because you have a reputation of turning a blind eye | 难道不是因为你出了名的对稻草买家 |
[04:09] | to straw buyers? | 睁一只眼闭一只眼吗 |
[04:10] | Objection. Argumentative. | 反对 争论性问题 |
[04:11] | Assumes facts not in evidence. | 所指事实并没有在证据中 |
[04:13] | Yes, sustained. Although 3,000 guns | 对 反对有效 但是三千把 |
[04:15] | from your shop, that’s… stunning. | 你卖出的枪 也还是 很惊人 |
[04:17] | Your Honor, we know you’re pro-gun control. | 法官阁下 我们知道你支持枪支管控 |
[04:19] | No. I am impartial here. | 不 我在这里是中立的 |
[04:20] | W-We know you have… | 我 我们知道你曾 |
[04:21] | Your Honor, this is | 法官阁下 这已经 |
[04:22] | the fourth time Ms. Hoff has tried | 是霍夫女士第四次试图 |
[04:24] | to influence your impartiality. | 影响您的公正性了 |
[04:25] | What? No. I’m trying to insist on your impartiality. | 什么 不 我是在维护您的公正性 |
[04:27] | Come on. “We know you are pro-gun control”? | 拜托 「我们知道您支持枪支管控」 |
[04:29] | Where is there one iota of untruth in that? | 这句话哪个字是假的了 |
[04:31] | Okay, no. | 好了 够了 |
[04:31] | Thank you. My impartiality is my own concern. | 谢谢 我的公正性是我自己的事 |
[04:35] | But thank you. Now, | 但是谢谢你关心 |
[04:37] | even if there were 3,000 gun deaths associated with these guns, | 即便是有三千起枪杀案和枪脱不了关系 |
[04:40] | how is the billboard not defamatory? | 如何证明这个广告牌不是诽谤 |
[04:42] | Your Honor, | 法官阁下 |
[04:44] | truth is an absolute defense against defamation. | 事实即是对诽谤最好的澄清 |
[04:47] | You’re submitting that the statement on the billboard | 你是在说广告牌上的言论 |
[04:50] | – is actual truth? – Your Honor, | -是不争的事实 -法官阁下 |
[04:52] | if I may have a moment. | 我们能商量一下吗 |
[04:53] | Yes. Please. | 好的 请便 |
[04:55] | I thought we decided to argue opinion. | 我们不是已经决定以言论进行辩护了吗 |
[04:58] | It gives us more flexibility. | 它能让我们更灵活 |
[04:59] | Truth is stronger. And Abernathy wants to be on our side. | 事实更强力 阿伯内亚也想站在我们这边 |
[05:02] | Well, then… ask for a recess. | 那好 去请求休庭 |
[05:04] | We need Jason to pivot. | 我们需要杰森干点活 |
[05:12] | Geez. | 天 |
[05:13] | It’s Diane. | 我是戴安 |
[05:14] | You’re on your lunch break. | 你现在在午餐休息时间 |
[05:17] | Hi, Diane. How’s it goin’? | 你好 戴安 今天过得怎么样 |
[05:20] | All right, when? | 好 什么时候 |
[05:23] | I thought we were going for opinion. | 我以为我们准备打言论牌 |
[05:26] | Got it. Diane, can you hold on for one second? | 明白 戴安 你能稍等一下吗 |
[05:32] | Grow up. | 成熟一点 |
[05:35] | Go. | 去吧 |
[05:41] | Hey, Eli. What’s up? | 伊莱 什么事 |
[05:42] | All right, I’ll go by Gloria’s. What do you think you need? | 我会去趟格洛丽亚枪械店 你需要什么 |
[05:45] | I don’t know. Um… | 我不知道 |
[05:46] | There have been no citations or convictions for wrongdoing. | 那家店没有任何非法或者违规的行为 |
[05:47] | This afternoon, I guess? | 今天下午 可以吗 |
[05:49] | That much I know. But, no, | 据我所知 但是 不行 |
[05:51] | let me dig deeper into the straw buyer angle. | 我试试从稻草买家的角度能不能找到什么 |
[05:51] | I’ll come by this afternoon, okay? | 我下午过来 可以吗 |
[05:53] | Wait, what? | 等等 你说什么 |
[05:55] | Who else is testifying? | 谁还要作证 |
[05:56] | Lloyd Garber. | 劳埃德·加伯 |
[05:58] | Peter’s donor? That can’t be good. | 彼得的捐助者 这听起来不妙 |
[06:00] | What can he say? | 他会说什么 |
[06:01] | Well, that’s what I’m gonna try and find out. | 那正是我要弄清楚的 |
[06:03] | Do you still have that way to find it out? | 你还可以通过那个方法 来弄清楚吗 |
[06:07] | – Yes. – So what do you need from me? | -可以 -那你需要我做什么吗 |
[06:08] | The prosecutor’s gonna force you to invoke privilege. | 公诉人会迫使你行使配偶特权 |
[06:11] | Seriously? | 不是吧 |
[06:12] | Yeah. We tried to negotiate a nonappearance, | 对 我们想和他协商让你不出庭 |
[06:13] | but he wouldn’t bite, so… | 但他不肯 所以… |
[06:15] | Uh, hold on. Hold on. | 稍等 稍等 |
[06:17] | Uh, tell her what you want. | 告诉她你想要她做什么 |
[06:19] | Can you… | 你能… |
[06:21] | There you go. | 抱好了 |
[06:24] | Mrs. Florrick, | 福瑞克夫人 |
[06:25] | how are you doing? | 您好吗 |
[06:25] | I’m good. So he wants to drag me | 我很好 所以他是想让我在 |
[06:27] | in front of the grand jury? | 大陪审团面前作证 |
[06:29] | Yes. To my mind, it’s a strategic mistake. | 是的 在我看来 这是个策略上的错误 |
[06:32] | He’ll look like a bully asking you over and over to invoke | 他表现地像个恶霸 不断逼迫你 |
[06:35] | spousal privilege. I urge you not to get angry. | 让你行使配偶特权 我希望你不要动怒 |
[06:37] | Don’t show any impatience. Smile. | 不要表现出任何的不耐烦 微笑 |
[06:40] | That’s… Okay. I got it, Mike. I’ll be fine. | 那… 没问题 迈克 我没事 |
[06:42] | Can I hear it from you just once? | 你能再重复一遍吗 |
[06:44] | On advice of counsel, I invoke | 根据律师的建议 我行使 |
[06:46] | my spousal privilege not… Could you hold on for a minute? | 我的配偶特权… 你能稍等一下吗 |
[06:53] | …to answer any of your questions. | …拒绝回答你的问题 |
[06:55] | Good. That sounded good. | 好的 听起来不错 |
[06:57] | Like you’re somewhere else. | 好像你在其他地方一样 |
[06:58] | Thank you. Uh, Mike, that’s my call waiting. | 谢谢 迈克 我有电话进来了 |
[07:00] | I have to get it. | 我得接一下 |
[07:01] | Oh, come on. | 拜托 |
[07:05] | Grace. Hi. Did you find out? | 格蕾丝 你弄清楚了吗 |
[07:07] | Well, maybe it’s a deferred admittance. | 或许是延期入学呢 |
[07:10] | College. | 大学的事 |
[07:12] | Did you check the Web site? | 你去网站上看了吗 |
[07:13] | No, that’s the thing. Mr. Ecklund, | 没有 这就是关键 埃克兰先生 |
[07:16] | my guidance counselor, he called their admissions office. | 我的辅导员 他给招生办打电话了 |
[07:19] | Mom, the admissions office thinks that I plagiarized my essay. | 妈妈 招生办认为我的论文是剽窃的 |
[07:23] | What?! | 什么 |
[07:47] | You are Peter Florrick’s largest financial supporter. | 你是彼得·福瑞克最大的赞助人 |
[07:49] | You’ve given Mr. Florrick and his campaign | 你为了福瑞克先生和他的竞选 |
[07:51] | over a million dollars. | 提供了超过一百万的资金 |
[07:52] | I was happy to do it. | 我很乐意这么做 |
[07:53] | I’m sure. | 我毫不怀疑 |
[07:54] | When Peter Florrick was state’s attorney, | 彼得·福瑞克担任州检察官的时候 |
[07:57] | did you ever ask him to intervene in the murder trial | 你有没有请求他干预一起牵涉到你儿子 |
[07:59] | of your son, Richard Locke? | 理查德·洛克的谋杀案 |
[08:03] | I want to be clear: that has nothing to do | 我要澄清一点 这和我为什么在最开始支持 |
[08:05] | with why I supported Peter Florrick in the first place. | 彼得·福瑞克没有丝毫关系 |
[08:08] | I believed in his candidacy. | 我相信他作为候选人的能力 |
[08:10] | Of course, Mr. Garber. That’s understood. | 当然 加伯先生 我完全理解 |
[08:12] | But things changed when your son | 但是当你的儿子被控谋杀的时候 |
[08:14] | was charged with murder, didn’t they? | 事情就不一样了 对吗 |
[08:16] | Richie was facing murder charges. | 理查德面临着谋杀的指控 |
[08:17] | I told Peter I didn’t want my son going to jail. | 我告诉彼得我不希望我的儿子进监狱 |
[08:20] | And what did Mr. Florrick say? | 福瑞克先生怎么回答你的 |
[08:22] | He said, “You have nothing to worry about.” | 他说 「你不必担心」 |
[08:23] | We were sitting in his office, and Peter looked me in the eye | 我们坐在他的办公室 彼得直视我的双眼 |
[08:26] | and said, “Lloyd, you know how much | 说 「劳埃德 你知道我是 |
[08:27] | “I count on your support. | 多么需要你的赞助 |
[08:29] | You have nothing to worry about.” | 你完全不必担心」 |
[08:31] | And you took this to mean… | 你把这句话理解为… |
[08:33] | Peter was going to protect Richard. | 彼得会保护理查德 |
[08:34] | And he did. | 他确实这么做了 |
[08:35] | By engineering a mistrial. | 策划了一场无效审判 |
[08:37] | Seriously? | 开玩笑吧 |
[08:40] | I’m sorry, what? | 我很抱歉 什么 |
[08:41] | I said, “Seriously?” | 我说「开玩笑吧」 |
[08:44] | It just seems pretty convenient, | 这也太简单了吧 |
[08:46] | Florrick admitting exactly what you need him to. | 福瑞克就这么应承了你要他做的事 |
[08:49] | Mr. Garber is giving | 加伯先生所说的证词 |
[08:50] | sworn testimony. | 可是宣过誓的 |
[08:51] | That he practiced. | 宣誓是宣誓了 |
[08:52] | But see if he remembers anything else that clearly. | 但还得看他是否把其他事也记得如此清楚 |
[08:56] | What did you have for lunch last Tuesday? | 上周二的午饭你吃了什么 |
[08:58] | Uh, you-you don’t have to answer that, Mr. Garber. | 你不必回答这个问题 加伯先生 |
[09:00] | You said we could ask anything we want. | 你说过我们想问什么都行 |
[09:02] | Yes. Anything relevant, sir. | 没错 任何相关的问题 先生 |
[09:03] | Why isn’t this relevant? | 为何这个问题就不相关 |
[09:05] | We’ve been listening to all your questioning. | 我们全都在听你的提问 |
[09:07] | Now I have a question. | 我现在有个问题了 |
[09:09] | Okay. Wait, okay! | 好的 等等 好的 |
[09:10] | Yes. | 没错 |
[09:11] | It’s a legitimate question. | 这是一个合理的问题 |
[09:12] | Thank you, | 谢谢 |
[09:13] | Mr. Meade. | 米德先生 |
[09:16] | It’s time to take a break. | 该休息一会儿了 |
[09:17] | Let’s all reconvene in one hour. | 我们一小时后回来 |
[09:19] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[09:21] | Genuine Thought is a database with millions of essays. | 诚实思想是储存了上千上万篇文章的数据库 |
[09:23] | It helps schools identify possible plagiarism. | 旨在协助学校鉴别抄袭剽窃 |
[09:27] | Mr. Ecklund, have you read Grace’s essay? | 埃克兰先生 你读过格蕾丝的文章吗 |
[09:30] | I have. | 读过 |
[09:30] | So then you know that this is intensely personal. | 所以你该知道那是极具个人色彩的 |
[09:33] | Do you seriously think that other essays | 你真的认为那数据库里的其他文章 |
[09:35] | in that database contain the same family history? | 包含了相同的家庭故事吗 |
[09:38] | Mrs. Florrick, many students write about the challenges | 福瑞克夫人 许多学生都写过 |
[09:40] | they’ve overcome. And while the specific facts may be unique, | 他们克服的困难 尽管故事不尽相同 |
[09:44] | the lessons that applicants say | 但申请人说他们从中学到的东西 |
[09:46] | they’ve learned from them aren’t. | 常常是千篇一律的 |
[09:48] | I didn’t plagiarize. | 我没有抄袭 |
[09:50] | Mr. Ecklund, could you tell us exactly what Grace is being | 埃克兰先生 你能说说格蕾丝 |
[09:54] | accused of plagiarizing? | 究竟剽窃了什么吗 |
[09:55] | I can’t say. | 我不能说 |
[09:56] | We-we weren’t given that information. | 这些信息我们不知道 |
[09:58] | Well, who was given that information? | 那谁知道呢 |
[10:00] | College admissions. | 大学录取委员会 |
[10:01] | I’d like to speak to them. | 我想和他们谈谈 |
[10:05] | I’m not getting into college. | 我上不了大学了 |
[10:07] | Yes, you are. | 你可以的 |
[10:09] | How? | 怎么上 |
[10:11] | Software. | 软件 |
[10:13] | It makes mistakes. | 常常会出错的 |
[10:17] | It was a fight next door. | 隔壁发生了冲突 |
[10:20] | Um, over drugs. | 为了毒品 |
[10:22] | They shot at each other, and… | 他们互相开枪 然后… |
[10:27] | …and one bullet hit my daughter. | …一颗子弹击中了我女儿 |
[10:29] | What happened to the man who shot her? | 那开枪射她的人后来如何了 |
[10:33] | He’s in jail. They caught him on security video. | 他进监狱了 监控摄像录下了他的行为 |
[10:36] | And why do you blame Gloria’s Guns? | 你为什么责怪格洛丽亚枪械店 |
[10:39] | The gun used to kill my daughter, | 射中我女儿的那支枪 |
[10:42] | it was traced back to her shop. | 就是她的商店卖出的 |
[10:44] | She sold it to a straw buyer. | 她把枪买给了一个稻草买家 |
[10:46] | And what does that mean, “Straw buyer”? | 什么叫做「稻草买家」 |
[10:50] | Someone who buys a gun | 稻草买家买了枪 |
[10:53] | and then they sell it to another person | 又转手卖给那些 |
[10:54] | who couldn’t have bought it. | 不能买枪的人 |
[10:56] | Who wouldn’t have passed a background check. | 因为那些人通不过背景调查 |
[10:58] | And it’s-it’s illegal and they do it all the time. | 这种交易是非法的却无法断绝 |
[11:00] | The cops don’t stop ’em, the Feds don’t stop ’em… | 警察不阻止 联邦政府也不作为… |
[11:03] | I want to stop ’em. | 我想阻止他们 |
[11:03] | I don’t blame you, sir. | 不怪你 先生 |
[11:05] | Thank you, Harry. | 谢谢你 哈里 |
[11:10] | I am deeply sorry for your loss, Mr. Dargis. | 我为你失去女儿深感遗憾 达吉斯先生 |
[11:14] | What was the name of the man who shot your daughter? | 开枪射你女儿的人叫什么名字 |
[11:17] | Antoine Devlin. | 安托万·德夫林 |
[11:20] | No further questions. | 没有其他问题了 |
[11:22] | Your Honor, the billboard states | 法官阁下 广告牌上写的是 |
[11:25] | “Gloria’s murdered my daughter.” | 「格洛丽亚谋杀了我的女儿」 |
[11:27] | And yet Mr. Dargis himself | 然而达吉斯先生自己 |
[11:28] | has just acknowledged that that isn’t true. | 刚才也承认了事实并非如此 |
[11:30] | In fact, the person that Gloria’s sold the gun to | 实际上 事情甚至不是向格洛丽亚 |
[11:33] | didn’t even do it. | 买枪的人干的 |
[11:34] | You’re saying the causal connection was broken. | 你是说这因果关系并不成立 |
[11:37] | Not just me. | 不只是我这么认为 |
[11:37] | The justice system has determined | 司法体制已经认定了 |
[11:39] | who murdered Yesha Dargis. | 谋杀叶莎·达吉斯的凶手 |
[11:41] | He’s behind bars. | 他已经被关起来了 |
[11:42] | Uh, Your Honor, the statement on the billboard | 法官阁下 广告牌上的话 |
[11:44] | is defensible in a defamation action as opinion. | 作为言论在诽谤诉讼时是可以解释的 |
[11:48] | Those aren’t two different defenses; | 这并不是两套不同的辩词 |
[11:50] | those are two conflicting defenses. | 而是自相矛盾的辩词 |
[11:54] | I’m afraid I have to agree with you. | 恐怕我也得同意你的说法 |
[11:56] | Although Mr. Dargis has my sympathies, | 虽然我很同情达吉斯先生 |
[11:59] | he didn’t put up a billboard saying | 但是他立广告牌并不是说 |
[12:00] | that “Gloria’s outrageous business practices” | 「格洛丽亚令人发指的买卖」 |
[12:04] | led to his daughter’s death. | 导致了她女儿的死亡 |
[12:06] | The billboard, as is, | 这个广告牌的确 |
[12:09] | is defamatory and must come down. | 是诽谤 一定得撤下 |
[12:10] | And then there’s the matter of damages. | 那这就存在损害赔偿的问题了 |
[12:12] | Your Honor, | 法官阁下 |
[12:12] | may I point out the perversity | 我可以说卖家从枪支买卖里获利 |
[12:14] | of a victim of gun violence | 却导致了枪支暴力的受害者 |
[12:17] | being forced to pay | 付出了生命的代价 |
[12:18] | while the seller of the gun profits? | 这是非常邪恶的吗 |
[12:19] | You may. | 可以 |
[12:22] | Please return with your arguments | 请回到损害赔偿金额的 |
[12:23] | as to a damage amount. | 讨论上来 |
[12:26] | That was a mistake. | 这是个错误 |
[12:27] | We should have kept arguing for “Opinion.” | 我们应该坚持这是一个「言论」 |
[12:29] | And it would have had the same result. | 结果还是会一样的 |
[12:38] | You’re late. | 你迟到了 |
[12:39] | I have a life. | 我也有自己的生活 |
[12:41] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[12:42] | We’re changing strategy for your grand jury deposition. | 你应对大陪审团调查的策略得改 |
[12:44] | Okay. | 好 |
[12:46] | Without pressing Mr. Gold | 不要逼戈德先生 |
[12:47] | to share how he has acquired this knowledge, | 说他是如何知道这件事的 |
[12:49] | he believes there is one grand jury member | 他觉得有一位大陪审团的陪审员 |
[12:51] | who is incredulous about the prosecutor’s case. | 对检方的案子持怀疑态度 |
[12:55] | Now, that of course is not enough to head off an indictment– | 虽然光凭这一点无法阻止公诉 |
[12:58] | we need 12 jurors to vote a No Bill. | 我们需要十二位陪审员共同支持拒绝起诉 |
[13:00] | But where there is one, | 但只要有一个人表示怀疑 |
[13:01] | others may follow. | 其他人也会动摇的 |
[13:02] | So you want me not to invoke spousal privilege? | 所以你不想让我使用配偶特权了 |
[13:05] | This juror thinks Lloyd Garber is lying, | 这个陪审员觉得劳埃德·加伯在撒谎 |
[13:07] | that he could never remember a damning conversation with Peter. | 他认为劳埃德不可能记得跟彼得之间的对话 |
[13:09] | So you want me to try to talk to this juror’s doubts without… | 所以你想让我在看似不经意间提到这位陪审员 |
[13:13] | seeming to? | 对此的疑虑吗 |
[13:15] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:17] | Any thoughts on how to do that? | 你们觉得该怎么做 |
[13:18] | No idea. | 不知道 |
[13:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[13:25] | Let’s go for it. | 那我们试试吧 |
[13:57] | Oh, why so down? | 怎么情绪这么低落 |
[13:59] | Turn that frown upside down. | 别愁眉不展的了 |
[14:00] | Go to hell. You’re very cheerful. | 滚吧 瞧你眉开眼笑的 |
[14:04] | I’m liking it here. | 我在这儿挺开心的 |
[14:07] | I need an office. | 我需要间办公室 |
[14:09] | This is crazy. | 这简直太令人抓狂了 |
[14:10] | Take that one. | 选那间好了 |
[14:12] | – I can’t just take an office. – Sure you can. | -我不能随便占有一间办公室 -当然可以 |
[14:14] | You’re gonna get me fired. | 你会害我被炒鱿鱼的 |
[14:15] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[14:17] | We want to steal an office. | 我们想偷一间办公室 |
[14:19] | I thought you were out grand jurying. | 我以为你去大陪审团那边了 |
[14:20] | Tomorrow. They delayed it. | 明天去 他们推迟了 |
[14:21] | Uh, what do you mean, steal an office? | 你们说偷一间办公室是什么意思 |
[14:23] | I told her she should take that one. | 我跟她说让她去用那间办公室 |
[14:25] | Well, whose is it? | 那间办公室是谁的 |
[14:26] | Lucca’s. | 卢卡的 |
[14:26] | No. No one’s. | 不 不是谁的 |
[14:29] | Lucca Quinn. | 卢卡·奎恩 |
[14:32] | Okay. On my way up. | 好的 我这就去 |
[14:36] | The gun shop bookkeeping. | 那边要枪支商店账簿 |
[14:38] | Don’t move me. | 别帮我搬位置 |
[14:43] | – She’s not happy, is she? – Not much. | -她不开心 是吗 -是有点 |
[14:48] | We came in as peers, and I get the office, | 我们是以同事身份一起进来的 |
[14:50] | – she gets the cubicle. – Right. | -她却只分到了个隔间 -是啊 |
[14:52] | I need to hire you freelance. | 我得雇你干点儿私活 |
[14:54] | – Is this another subject? – Yes. | -这是另一件活儿吗 -是的 |
[14:56] | It’s something personal. | 是我私人的事 |
[14:57] | – Your husband? – No, my daughter. | -你丈夫的事吗 -不 是我女儿 |
[15:00] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[15:01] | My family needs a full-time investigator– | 我们家需要一个全职调查员 |
[15:02] | that’s not normal, is it? | 这可不太正常 是吗 |
[15:04] | Sure it is. | 当然正常了 |
[15:06] | What’s the issue? | 要查什么事 |
[15:07] | Have you ever heard of a software called Genuinethought.Com? | 你有没有听说过一个软件叫诚实思想网 |
[15:13] | Her business is up almost 20% year to date. | 年初至今 她的生意上涨了百分之二十 |
[15:17] | So good, there are no damages. | 这么好 说明生意并不受影响 |
[15:19] | She’ll say her business would be up even more– | 她会说她的生意本可以更好 |
[15:21] | gun business is booming. | 枪支生意近来日趋兴隆 |
[15:22] | I agree– they’re trying to make an example out of this. | 我同意 他们打算用这个案子以示警告 |
[15:25] | Take on the gun industry | 你要是跟枪支售卖市场杠上了 |
[15:26] | and we’ll make you pay. | 我们就要你好看 |
[15:27] | I wish I could sue for how much money I’ve lost on my business. | 我真希望能就我生意上的损失来告他们 |
[15:32] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[15:34] | My motel. | 我的旅馆 |
[15:35] | Every time there’s a new story about the gun violence, | 每次发生新的枪支暴力事件 |
[15:38] | – I lose reservations. – Well, why can’t you try to recover? | -我的预定量就会减少 -那为什么不索赔呢 |
[15:40] | No. The Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act is the problem– | 《合法枪械买卖保护法》中的相关规定 |
[15:43] | it makes it impossible to recover against anyone in the gun industry. | 导致无法向枪支买卖行业的人进行索赔 |
[15:46] | No one has tried civil claims tied to tourism. | 还没有人试图将民事索赔跟旅游业联系在一起 |
[15:51] | So, y… I’m sorry, what? | 所以… 不好意思 什么 |
[15:53] | We are countersuing for damages, Your Honor. | 我们要反诉并索赔 法官阁下 |
[15:56] | Really? How does that work? | 真的 这怎么行得通 |
[15:57] | Your Honor, did you want to know how that works? | 法官阁下 你想知道怎么行得通的吗 |
[15:59] | I do, thank you. | 我想 谢谢 |
[16:00] | The plaintiff here can’t show losses. | 原告方面并没有承受损失 |
[16:02] | We’ve gone through her books twice. | 我们看了两次她的账本 |
[16:04] | But our client can. | 但我们的委托人可以 |
[16:06] | Mr. Dargis owns a motel in the neighborhood, | 达吉斯先生在附近开了家旅店 |
[16:08] | and his losses are directly related to the increase in gun violence. | 他的损失随着枪支暴力的增多而增加 |
[16:12] | Excuse me, but congress has made this kind of lawsuit impossible. | 对不起 但国会已经明令禁止了这类索赔案 |
[16:16] | The Protection of Lawful Commerce… | 《合法枪械买卖保护法》 |
[16:18] | PLCAA contains exceptions, one of which | 《合法枪械买卖保护法》规定了例外条款 |
[16:20] | is the Predicate Statute Exception. | 其中一条就是基于其他法规例外 |
[16:22] | If Gloria’s Guns’ activities violated another existing law, | 如果格洛丽亚枪械店违反了其他现行法律 |
[16:26] | her immunity is stripped. | 她就失去了豁免权 |
[16:27] | And what statute did she violate? | 她违反了什么法律 |
[16:29] | The Illinois Promotion Act. | 《伊利诺伊州促进法》 |
[16:32] | What is that? | 这是什么东西 |
[16:33] | An act of the legislature promoting tourism. | 一部促进旅游业的法律 |
[16:35] | 20 ILCS 665 declares that | 《伊利诺伊州促进法》第二十章665条中规定 |
[16:38] | the state must increase the economic impact | 要在全州范围内推广旅游业 |
[16:41] | of tourism throughout the state. | 促进旅游业的经济收入 |
[16:42] | – This is a joke. – No, this is a law. | -这就是个笑话 -不 这是法律 |
[16:45] | Gloria’s sale of thousands of crime guns undermines tourism, | 格洛丽亚售出的枪支影响了旅游业的发展 |
[16:48] | and our client has a tourism business that is suffering. | 我们委托人的旅游产业受到了损害 |
[16:52] | Your Honor, the Federal courts have ruled that the statute | 法官阁下 联邦法院判决各州 |
[16:55] | must be directly applicable to firearms. | 必须严格遵守相关的枪支法条 |
[16:57] | Not all. And circuit splits are exactly | 并不是 巡回法庭的判例 |
[17:00] | what bubbles up to the Supreme Court. | 也会向上反映到最高法院 |
[17:02] | Illinois needs its own guidance on this issue. | 就类似案件 伊利诺伊州需要符合民情的指导 |
[17:04] | Okay! You had me at Supreme Court. | 好的 最高法院戳中我了 |
[17:08] | Counselors, let’s make some law. | 律师们 我们来立些法条吧 |
[17:09] | Come on back with your arguments, | 准备好你们的辩词 |
[17:11] | and we’ll contend. | 我们再来讨论 |
[17:14] | Good day in court? | 今天开庭开得不错 |
[17:16] | Uh, yes, actually. | 的确是的 |
[17:18] | You’re not drinking? | 你不喝酒 |
[17:19] | I’m trying to go easier. | 我想过得健康点 |
[17:21] | Well… to going easier. | 好吧… 为过得健康干一个 |
[17:26] | Have you, uh, given it more thought? | 你有没有再考虑一下 |
[17:29] | An all-female firm? | 一家全女性的事务所 |
[17:30] | All female name partners. | 冠名合伙人都是女性而已 |
[17:35] | I don’t want to hurt Cary. | 我不想伤害凯里 |
[17:37] | Well, you won’t be doing anything. | 你不用做什么的 |
[17:39] | I will offer to buy him out. | 我来认购他的份额 |
[17:41] | But what if he doesn’t want to be bought out? | 如果他不想就这么走的话怎么办 |
[17:45] | Then we’ll talk. | 那么我们就跟他谈 |
[17:49] | I wouldn’t be doing this | 如果不是凯里和大卫·李已经开始对付我 |
[17:50] | if Cary and David Lee weren’t already making moves against me. | 我也不会这么做 |
[17:55] | I just want to know where you’ll land. | 我只是想知道你怎么选择 |
[17:58] | I’m asking you to land with me. | 我邀请你来我这边 |
[18:08] | Lucca Quinn isn’t happy. | 卢卡·奎恩不太高兴 |
[18:10] | She’s downstairs, in a cubicle, being given grunt work | 她在楼下的一个隔间里做些杂活 |
[18:14] | when I think she is one of the smartest lawyers in the firm. | 但我觉得她是律所里最聪明的律师之一 |
[18:20] | You’re asking me to promote her? | 你是让我给她升职 |
[18:22] | I want to be at a firm that recognizes talent. | 我想在一所能慧眼识人的律所里工作 |
[18:29] | All right, let me take another look. | 好吧 让我再想想 |
[18:37] | Uh, would you excuse me for just… just a minute. | 抱歉 我先失陪一下 |
[19:15] | Why don’t you call him. | 你为什么不给他打个电话 |
[19:16] | Maybe it was just a friend. | 可能就只是个朋友 |
[19:18] | Or… an old flame or… | 或者是一个旧情人 |
[19:23] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[19:24] | Why does it even matter? | 这能算什么事啊 |
[19:26] | You’re the one drinking. | 你是喝酒的那个 |
[19:28] | Maybe it doesn’t. | 可能没那么重要 |
[19:30] | I mean, I didn’t want to… marry him. | 我又没想嫁给他 |
[19:32] | I don’t want to… tie him down. | 我也不想限制他 |
[19:34] | And you’re married. | 而你结婚了 |
[19:37] | I have issues on this front. | 我这方面有些问题 |
[19:40] | Husbands who screw around, | 有个到处沾花惹草 撒谎 |
[19:43] | who lie, who leave me in tears. | 抛弃我 让我孤身哭泣的丈夫 |
[19:45] | You’re not in tears now. | 你现在没哭 |
[19:50] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[19:53] | I’m not. | 我没哭 |
[19:54] | That’s a sign of growth, right? | 这是成长的象征 是吧 |
[19:56] | – Or something. – Scar tissue. | -或者是别的东西 -愈合的伤口 |
[19:58] | Maturity. | 成熟 |
[20:00] | Cynicism. | 愤世嫉俗 |
[20:02] | You expect the worst in people, | 对别人不抱有期待 |
[20:04] | you’ll never be disappointed. | 也就不会受到伤害 |
[20:05] | Right. | 没错 |
[20:08] | You think this is the worst of Jason? | 你觉得这是杰森最坏的程度了吗 |
[20:09] | No. I didn’t say that. | 不是 我可没这么说 |
[20:12] | He didn’t promise you anything, right? | 他没给你任何承诺 不是吗 |
[20:16] | He didn’t, did he? | 他没有 是吧 |
[20:19] | No, but I was becoming… | 还没 但我开始 |
[20:22] | invested. | 投入感情了 |
[20:25] | I liked it. | 我喜欢这种感觉 |
[20:27] | I liked being with him. | 我喜欢和他在一起 |
[20:29] | So why can’t you keep it up? | 你为什么不继续 |
[20:30] | Become another face in his harem? | 成为他后宫的一员 |
[20:32] | Have fun. | 开心就好 |
[20:34] | Start your own harem. | 自己建个后宫 |
[20:36] | When you stop having fun, say good-bye. | 玩够之后 就分道扬镳 |
[20:40] | Oh, God, this isn’t who I am. | 天啊 这可不是我 |
[20:42] | You don’t know who you are. | 你不知道你是谁 |
[20:44] | No one knows who they are. | 没有人知道自己是谁 |
[20:46] | Talk to Jason. | 和杰森聊聊 |
[20:48] | He likes you. | 他喜欢你 |
[20:49] | And maybe it was just a friend. | 可能真的只是个朋友 |
[20:57] | So, are we still on for tonight? | 今晚约吗 |
[21:01] | Can I… get back to you on that? | 我一会再回复你好吗 |
[21:04] | Yeah. Sure. | 好的 |
[21:05] | Grand jury stuff? | 大陪审团的事 |
[21:06] | Yes. That, too. Right. | 是的 还有那个 |
[21:08] | All right, so about what I found out. | 好 那么关于我发现的事情 |
[21:12] | Your daughter. | 关于你女儿的 |
[21:13] | Oh. Right. | 对 |
[21:15] | Dear God, I’m falling apart. | 天啊 我脑子都乱套了 |
[21:17] | All right, Genuine Thought– | 好吧 诚实思想 |
[21:18] | it’s big business in the fight against student plagiarism. | 它主要用于对抗学生抄袭 |
[21:22] | The software designers have acknowledged | 软件的开发者承认 |
[21:24] | they’re having problems with false positives, | 他的软件经常报出假阳性结果 |
[21:25] | which is why the company has settled a few lawsuits last year. | 这是为什么那家公司去年和解了几桩诉讼 |
[21:29] | Wait, false positives how? | 等下 怎么会报出假阳性结果 |
[21:31] | It might tag a section as plagiarism when, | 软件可能认定一段文字为抄袭 |
[21:34] | in fact, it’s just a phrase in common usage. | 实际上 这只是一些常用的词句 |
[21:37] | For example, in one paper they flagged: | 比如在一篇文章中他们标出 |
[21:38] | “There’s not enough money to go around,” | 没有足够的钱出去旅游 |
[21:40] | Or “According to conventional wisdom” | 或者 根据普世的观点 |
[21:41] | as plagiarized, when in fact they’re just sort of clichés. | 作为抄袭 其实只是一些套用的句子 |
[21:45] | Unoriginal, but not plagiarized. | 不是原创 但不是抄袭 |
[21:47] | So, what do I do? | 那我怎么办 |
[21:49] | Well, you need to find out what they’re saying is plagiarized. | 你需要找出他们认为抄袭的那段 |
[21:51] | They won’t tell me– they say it breaks policy. | 他们不会告诉我的 说这违背条例 |
[21:53] | They don’t want more lawsuits. | 他们也不希望有更多诉讼 |
[21:55] | Okay. Great. | 好吧 |
[21:57] | Thanks. I’ll see what I can do. | 谢谢 我看看我能做些什么 |
[22:01] | Hey… | 那个 |
[22:02] | Everything is normal here, right? | 咱们一切正常 对吗 |
[22:07] | As normal as it can be. | 再正常不过了 |
[22:08] | Okay, so then we’ll just… | 好吧 我们就 |
[22:10] | reschedule lunch. | 重新安排午餐 |
[22:14] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[22:15] | Hey, um, Genuine Thought– | 那个 诚实思想 |
[22:17] | they don’t just have contracts with colleges? | 他们不只和大学合作吧 |
[22:21] | No. | 不 |
[22:21] | So I could submit something too? | 我也可以上传些东西 |
[22:29] | I’m, uh, handing the Harry redirect to Lucca. | 我准备把哈里的案子给卢卡 |
[22:32] | What? | 什么 |
[22:34] | Why? | 为什么 |
[22:35] | Well, she knows the business. And I want to encourage her. | 她很懂行 我也想鼓励她 |
[22:41] | The first weekend of January, 12 people were shot | 一月的第一个周末 十二个人 |
[22:44] | within five blocks of my motel. | 在我离的汽车旅馆五个街区的地方被枪杀 |
[22:46] | By Monday, 75% of our guests had checked out early. | 到周一 75%的客人提前退了房 |
[22:49] | And eight parties canceled their reservations | 还有八伙人取消了 |
[22:51] | the following weekend. | 他们下一个周末的预定 |
[22:53] | Was that atypical? | 这很不寻常吗 |
[22:54] | No, that’s been the pattern more than the exception. | 这是很寻常的模式了 |
[22:56] | Shootings, check-outs, cancellations. | 枪击 退房 取消预订 |
[22:58] | But why are you blaming Gloria’s? | 但是为什么你把其归罪于格洛丽亚枪械店 |
[23:00] | Of the 700 crime guns traced back to Gloria last year, | 去年 七百把由格洛丽亚枪械店售出的枪中 |
[23:04] | more than 200 were linked to shootings within a mile of my motel. | 超过两百把和我宾馆附近发生的枪击有关 |
[23:08] | Thank you, sir. And I’m sorry. | 谢谢你 先生 我很遗憾 |
[23:10] | Isn’t it true you’ve | 请问你在食住上 |
[23:11] | received more than 30 one-star Bed & Plate reviews? | 收到超过30条1星点评是否属实 |
[23:15] | Yeah, but Bed & Plate is a racket. | 没错 但食住网那根本就是敲诈勒索 |
[23:17] | That I agree with. | 这点我非常同意 |
[23:18] | You don’t believe you have “Beds the dead would complain about” | 你也不相信店里有「死人都会抱怨的床」 |
[23:21] | or “Bathrooms reminiscent of Soldier Field”? | 或者「使人想起士兵体育场的洗手间」 |
[23:24] | I look at the feedback, try to fix any problems that people point out. | 我都会去看这些反馈并尽力把问题都解决 |
[23:27] | But don’t you think it’s conceivable | 那你难道不认为 |
[23:28] | that those problems are the direct cause | 这些问题才是导致你生意下滑 |
[23:31] | of your drop in business, not gun violence? | 的直接原因而非枪械暴力 |
[23:33] | No, the gun violence hurt my business, | 不 枪械暴力影响了我的生意 |
[23:34] | so I had to cut back. | 所以我只能削减规模 |
[23:36] | Or were you cutting back because you were saving up to buy another motel? | 或者你削减规模只是为了存钱再买个旅馆 |
[23:39] | Objection, Your Honor. Foundation. | 反对 法官阁下 没有事实根据 |
[23:41] | I’ll sustain that. | 反对有效 |
[23:42] | I think I’m good here. I’ll rest. | 我的问题问完了 |
[23:44] | Well, we seem to have | 看起来我们遇到了 |
[23:46] | a chicken and egg problem here, | 先有鸡还是先有蛋的问题 |
[23:49] | and if you’re trying to prove causation, | 如果你们想要证明两者之间的因果关系 |
[23:51] | that is not good news. | 这可不是什么好消息 |
[23:53] | Given that I cannot find enough evidence to definitively rule | 鉴于我无法找到足够的证据来确定的判决 |
[23:57] | that Mr. Dargis’s business suffered from gun violence specifically… | 达吉斯先生的生意明确受到了枪械暴力的影响 |
[24:01] | Your Honor, | 法官阁下 |
[24:02] | before you rule… | 在你判决之前 |
[24:03] | Ms. Lockhart, I feel like I’ve been more than fair here. | 洛克哈特女士 我觉得我已经足够公平了 |
[24:05] | Absolutely. Uh, but please, | 确实如此 但是请您 |
[24:06] | if you could just grant us a brief recess, | 如果您能批准一个简短的休庭 |
[24:09] | I believe we can offer you | 我相信我们能给您 |
[24:10] | the definitive proof that you’re looking for. | 呈上您所要寻找的确定的证据 |
[24:15] | Hotel owners, restaurateurs, | 酒店业主 餐厅老板 |
[24:16] | valet companies, gift shops. | 私人助理公司 礼品店 |
[24:18] | They all say their business is down in the same period, | 他们都声称在同一时间段生意下降了 |
[24:21] | by roughly the same amount as Harry’s. | 和哈里旅馆的下降程度差不多 |
[24:23] | They can all show verified losses from gun crimes? | 他们都能提供枪击案件造成损失的确切数据吗 |
[24:26] | And I can probably find you a few more | 而且我应该还能再找到更多这样的商户 |
[24:28] | if I have a little time. | 如果再给我点时间的话 |
[24:29] | No, this is amazing. | 不 干的太棒了 |
[24:30] | Perfect. We can use this as a class action. | 完美 我们可以在集体诉讼中用到 |
[24:33] | No, first we use it in this case. Even as a test balloon. | 不 我们先在这个案子里用 先试试水 |
[24:44] | Jason. | 杰森 |
[24:46] | What? | 怎么了 |
[24:47] | I can’t just take an office. | 我不能随便就占用一间个办公室 |
[24:50] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[24:51] | Well, come on, then. | 那么 拜托 |
[24:52] | Help me move it back. | 帮我把东西搬回来 |
[24:53] | I didn’t move you there. Diane did. | 不是我把你的东西搬进去的 是戴安 |
[24:57] | Diane. | 戴安 |
[24:58] | What? | 你说什么 |
[25:00] | Why? | 为什么 |
[25:01] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[25:05] | But congratulations. | 不过恭喜了 |
[25:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:20] | I need a minute of your time. | 我要占用你一点时间 |
[25:23] | Sounds serious. | 听起来很严肃 |
[25:27] | Who were you seeing last night at the Avenue Tavern? | 你昨晚在大道酒馆见的人是谁 |
[25:30] | Who was I seeing? | 我见的人是谁 |
[25:32] | Yes. | 是的 |
[25:32] | A woman. Who? | 一个女人 她是谁 |
[25:35] | You know, this seems like a subject | 你知道的 这个话题好像 |
[25:37] | that we don’t usually delve into. | 不是你我平时会聊的 |
[25:38] | Yes, but this is not usual. | 对 但这回不是通常情况 |
[25:41] | How do you know I was with anyone? | 你怎么知道我和别人在一起 |
[25:43] | Alicia saw you. | 艾丽西娅看到你了 |
[25:50] | What did she see? | 她看到什么了 |
[25:52] | You… kissing this woman. | 你 在亲吻那个女人 |
[25:59] | It was a friend from New York. | 她是纽约来的一个朋友 |
[26:01] | How serious a friend? | 是什么样的朋友 |
[26:03] | Was Alicia upset? | 艾丽西娅不高兴吗 |
[26:04] | Why would she be upset? | 她为什么要不高兴 |
[26:05] | You’re not married, right? You didn’t commit to her. | 你又没有结婚 你又没有给她什么承诺 |
[26:08] | Does she know that you’re talking to me? | 她知道你来问我这些吗 |
[26:10] | No. | 不 |
[26:11] | What are you gonna do? | 你打算怎么办 |
[26:18] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[26:26] | Mrs. Florrick. Hello. | 福瑞克夫人 你好 |
[26:27] | Thank you so much for being here today. | 非常感谢你今天能到这里来 |
[26:29] | It’s not by choice, Mr. Fox. I was subpoenaed. | 并非我所愿 福克斯先生 我被传讯了 |
[26:32] | Well, thank you anyway. | 不管怎样还是要谢谢你 |
[26:34] | I don’t want to make this any more confrontational | 除了必要的情况以外 我不想让整个过程 |
[26:36] | than it has to be. | 变得更有对抗性了 |
[26:38] | So, please, just have a seat right here. | 所以请便 就坐这里好了 |
[26:41] | I have several questions I think the grand jury | 我有一些问题 相信大陪审团 |
[26:43] | would like to hear the answers to, um, | 会很愿意听到这些问题的答案 |
[26:46] | but I understand that you have a right to invoke spousal privilege. | 不过我明白你有行使配偶保密特权的权利 |
[26:49] | I do. | 是的我有 |
[26:50] | Good. | 很好 |
[26:51] | I just don’t want the jury to judge you | 我只是不想让陪审团 |
[26:52] | every time you say “I invoke spousal privilege | 在你每次说「我选择行使配偶保密特权 |
[26:55] | and elect not to answer the question.” | 拒绝回答这个问题」时对你有看法 |
[26:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:58] | So, members of the grand jury, | 那么 大陪审团的各位 |
[27:00] | please refrain from any such judgment. | 请避免有任何这样的偏见 |
[27:02] | Now I’d like to turn to our first question. | 那么现在我要开始问第一个问题了 |
[27:04] | Mrs. Florrick, | 福瑞克夫人 |
[27:06] | did your husband ever make a deal with Lloyd Garber | 你丈夫曾以帮劳埃德·加伯的儿子脱罪 |
[27:08] | to have his son released in trade for political contributions? | 来换取他的政治捐款吗 |
[27:12] | No. | 没有 |
[27:14] | Uh… Mrs. Florrick, | 福瑞克夫人 |
[27:16] | just to be clear, you answered that question. | 只是说明一下 你刚回答了那个问题 |
[27:18] | Yes, I did. | 是的 我回答了 |
[27:20] | Well, if you answer this question, | 如果你回答了这个问题 |
[27:22] | you can’t pick and choose when to invoke spousal privilege. | 你就不能选择在何时行使配偶保密特权了 |
[27:25] | I know. | 我明白 |
[27:26] | So… | 那么 |
[27:27] | you… you want to answer questions? | 你 你想回答这些问题吗 |
[27:32] | Yes. That’s why I’m here. | 没错 这正是我来这的目的 |
[27:35] | That’s right. Game on. | 干得漂亮 好戏开始了 |
[27:37] | One second. | 稍等一下 |
[27:46] | Mrs. Florrick, how many times have you met with Mr. Garber? | 福瑞克夫人 你和加伯先生见过几次 |
[27:49] | Three. | 3次 |
[27:50] | Were these social occasions? | 都是在社交场合吗 |
[27:51] | They were. | 是的 |
[27:52] | And do you have any reason to think he would lie | 你是否有任何理由相信他在 |
[27:54] | about this deal he made with your husband? | 与你丈夫的交易的事情上撒谎 |
[27:57] | No. | 没有 |
[27:59] | So, then, he was telling the truth? | 所有 他说的是实话 |
[28:01] | No, I think, uh, | 不 我觉得 |
[28:03] | Lloyd Garber has a very bad memory. | 劳埃德·加伯的记忆力不太好 |
[28:11] | Okay, let’s move on. | 好的 那我们继续 |
[28:13] | Actually, I’m not finished. | 我还没说完呢 |
[28:15] | Um, he tends to… | 他开始变得 |
[28:17] | forget things, and then… | 忘事 然后… |
[28:19] | It’s o-it’s okay, Mrs. Florrick, we’re moving on. | 可以了 福瑞克夫人 可以过了 |
[28:20] | Don’t you want to hear my answer in full | 你难道不想听完我的全部回答吗 |
[28:22] | how Mr. Garber’s faulty memory | 关于加伯先生的记忆力缺陷 |
[28:24] | could lead to a falsehood? | 是如何导致不实之词的 |
[28:25] | No, I’m actually more interested in the fact… | 不 我其实更感兴趣的是… |
[28:27] | I want to hear. | 我想听听 |
[28:28] | Yes! | 太好了 |
[28:29] | Uh, sir, please hold your questions. | 先生 请等等再问 |
[28:31] | I would if you’d let me ask them. | 你要让我问 我就等 |
[28:33] | If I could continue, I would probably | 如果我可以继续的话 我可以 |
[28:35] | be able to satisfy any questions here. | 尽可能满足这里所有的问题 |
[28:37] | After I’m finished. | 在我说完之后 |
[28:38] | So, let’s talk about this mistrial of Lloyd Garber’s son. | 我们来谈谈劳埃德·加伯儿子的无效审判 |
[28:43] | – You are aware of it? – I am. | -你知道这件事吗 -知道 |
[28:45] | And how did you become aware of it? | 你是怎么知道的 |
[28:47] | Mr. Garber wanted to hire me recently, as a lawyer, | 加伯先生最近想雇我做他的律师 |
[28:51] | and he was trying to remember certain facts about it. | 在他尝试回忆相关具体事宜的时候 |
[28:55] | He tends to have a selective memory… | 他出现了选择性记忆的情况… |
[28:56] | Mrs. Florrick… | 福瑞克夫人… |
[28:57] | I’m sorry, | 我很抱歉 |
[28:59] | but don’t you want me to answer these questions? | 你不是想让我回答这些问题的吗 |
[29:04] | Mrs. Florrick… | 福瑞克夫人 |
[29:05] | have you ever met with that grand juror outside of this room? | 你有没有在这里之外的地方见过这位大陪审员 |
[29:08] | What?! | 什么 |
[29:10] | – No. – You know that is a Federal offense? | -没有 -你知道这是违反联邦法律的 |
[29:12] | I do. | 我知道 |
[29:13] | Why don’t you ask me? | 你为什么不问我 |
[29:15] | I have never met with her. | 我从来没见过她 |
[29:23] | You’re playing with fire here, Mr. Tascioni. | 你这是在玩火 塔肖尼先生 |
[29:25] | You cannot be approaching grand jurors. | 你不能接近大陪审员 |
[29:27] | Sorry, what? | 抱歉 你说什么 |
[29:27] | It is a criminal offense | 与大陪审员讨论 |
[29:28] | to discuss an ongoing case with a grand juror. | 一项正在进行的案件是犯罪行为 |
[29:31] | Oh, I-I d… A-And I-and I am not. | 我我我 我没有 |
[29:33] | Tom and I have been sitting here quietly, waiting for… | 汤姆和我一直在这安静地等着 等着… |
[29:36] | Mrs. Florrick to exit. | 福瑞克夫人出来 |
[29:38] | Tom doesn’t like your accusation either. | 汤姆也不喜欢你的指控 |
[29:44] | So, I imagine that went well. | 我猜应该挺顺利吧 |
[29:49] | It was interesting. | 相当有趣 |
[29:51] | We could win this? | 我们会赢吧 |
[29:52] | We could. | 有希望 |
[29:59] | Your Honor, it’s not just… | 法官阁下 不仅仅是… |
[30:00] | Perhaps it’s one of the parties. | 一个人说就好了 |
[30:01] | Uh, ladies first. | 女士优先 |
[30:03] | It’s not just Mr. Dargis’s business that has suffered | 受到格洛丽亚枪械店行为影响的 |
[30:06] | due to the actions of Gloria’s Guns. | 不仅仅只有达吉斯先生的生意 |
[30:08] | Rather, a wide cross-section | 而是与旅游相关的 |
[30:10] | of tourism-related businesses. | 宽泛行业的生意 |
[30:12] | These are 17 Chicago business owners | 这十七位芝加哥的业主 |
[30:15] | who have offered affidavits | 提交了宣誓证词 |
[30:17] | swearing that gun violence has harmed tourism. | 来证明枪支暴力确实伤害了旅游业 |
[30:20] | Your Honor, may I call one witness | 法官阁下 我可以传唤一名证人 |
[30:22] | to rebut these affidavits? | 来驳斥这些宣誓证词吗 |
[30:25] | Ms. St. Jean, you are the Chief Economist | 圣·简小姐 你是芝加哥商会的 |
[30:28] | for the Chicago Chamber of Commerce? | 首席经济专家 |
[30:30] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[30:30] | And you’re familiar with the tourism statistics for our city? | 你很了解我们城市的旅游业统计数据 |
[30:34] | Intimately. | 非常了解 |
[30:34] | Tell us about 2015. | 跟我们讲讲2015年的数据 |
[30:36] | Up 3.4% over the previous year. | 相比去年增长3.4% |
[30:38] | We actually set a new record, topping 50 million visitors. | 我们创造了新的记录 接纳了五千万游客 |
[30:41] | And the hotel business? | 酒店行业呢 |
[30:42] | Up over 2014 in occupancy rates | 相比2014年占有率 |
[30:44] | and average daily rates on rooms. | 和平均每日住房率均有提升 |
[30:46] | Wow, even with the increased gun violence? | 尽管枪支暴力案件数据在增长吗 |
[30:48] | It’s a testament to Chicago’s great draw. | 这是芝加哥巨大吸引力的证据 |
[30:52] | Let’s talk about the, uh, numbers again, ma’am. | 让我们再来谈谈数据 女士 |
[30:54] | The visitor numbers to Chicago. | 芝加哥的游客数据 |
[30:56] | They seem unusually high. | 它们看上去高得不正常 |
[30:57] | Chicago is popular. | 芝加哥非常受欢迎 |
[30:59] | And getting even more popular. | 并且越来越受欢迎 |
[31:00] | Do your visitor numbers | 你的游客数据 |
[31:03] | include all traffic through O’Hare airport, | 是否包括经过奥黑尔机场的 |
[31:06] | regardless of whether or not | 不管那些人到底 |
[31:07] | they ever actually set foot in the city? | 有没有真正地进入城市 |
[31:10] | You’re aware that O’Hare is the city. | 你要清楚奥黑尔机场就是城市的一部分 |
[31:12] | It’s in Chicago. | 它就在芝加哥城里 |
[31:13] | Well aware. That was not my question. | 我很清楚 我的问题不是这个 |
[31:15] | I want to know if traffic through O’Hare | 我想要知道只经过奥黑尔机场的人群 |
[31:18] | figures into your tourism statistics for Chicago. | 是否在你的芝加哥旅游业统计数据里 |
[31:21] | That’s not something I can confirm or deny. | 这一点我不能确认也不能否认 |
[31:22] | Sure. | 好的 |
[31:23] | I mean, you’re only the Chief Economist | 毕竟你只是芝加哥商会的 |
[31:26] | for Chicago’s Chamber of Commerce. | 首席经济专家 |
[31:28] | – Objection. – Withdrawn. | -反对 -收回 |
[31:29] | Don’t most large cities measure tourism or growth of tourism | 大多数的城市统计旅游业的增长指数 |
[31:33] | based on hotel occupancy rates and rates per day? | 不是通过酒店入住率和单日均价吗 |
[31:35] | I don’t know what most cities do. | 我不清楚大多数城市是怎么做的 |
[31:37] | And yet, uh, Chicago inflates its numbers | 然而 芝加哥通过将路过机场的人 |
[31:40] | by including people just passing through the airport, | 加入其中来抬高统计数据 |
[31:42] | even if they’re just catching a connecting flight. | 即使那些人只是在机场转机 |
[31:45] | Objection. That wasn’t her testimony. | 反对 她的证词不是那样的 |
[31:46] | Counsel is assuming facts not in evidence. | 对方律师在假设事实而不是引用证据 |
[31:48] | True. Uh, sort of. Uh… | 没错 是有点… |
[31:51] | sustained. | 反对有效 |
[31:52] | Okay, well, | 好的 |
[31:53] | the Department of Commerce’s last report | 美国商业部的上一份报告 |
[31:55] | shows international tourism to Chicago | 表明来到芝加哥的国际游客 |
[31:57] | falling by five percent, | 下降了五个百分点 |
[31:59] | despite the fact that international visitors | 尽管来到美国的国际游客 |
[32:01] | to the United States increased by seven percent. | 同期上升了七个百分点 |
[32:04] | I would have to check that. | 我得核实一下才行 |
[32:05] | Do you think that might have something to do with | 你认为这与前后发生的 |
[32:07] | how many more shootings have occurred between now and then? | 枪击事件数量有关吗 |
[32:11] | The similarities were far from vague, Mrs. Florrick. | 二者间的相似点很明显 福瑞克夫人 |
[32:14] | Then tell us what they are. | 那就告诉我们是什么 |
[32:15] | What is my daughter accused of plagiarizing? | 为什么说我的女儿剽窃 |
[32:17] | Unfortunately, it is our college policy | 很抱歉 我们学校的政策 |
[32:19] | to not reveal the details of these decisions. | 不允许透露这些裁定的细节 |
[32:21] | You’re worried about a lawsuit? | 你是担心会吃官司吗 |
[32:23] | We’re worried about confidentiality. | 我们在担心保密性 |
[32:24] | I’m a lawyer, ma’am. | 我是一个律师 女士 |
[32:25] | If there’s anyone you should be worried about, it’s a lawyer. | 这世界上你最该担心的 就是律师 |
[32:28] | And if there’s anyone you should worry about not intimidating, | 那么这世界上你最不该威胁的 |
[32:30] | it’s a college admissions director. | 就是大学招生主任 |
[32:32] | Well, good. I think that settles the matter. | 好的 我认为问题已经解决了 |
[32:34] | So here’s the thing. We submitted my Grace’s essay | 是这样的 我们把格蕾丝的文章 |
[32:36] | independently, to Genuine Thought, | 提交给了诚实思想 |
[32:39] | to find out what they considered plagiarism, | 想知道哪些部分被认为是剽窃 |
[32:41] | and do you know what they flagged? | 你知道是哪部分被标出来了吗 |
[32:43] | “Do not take an oath by your head, | 「勿以项上人头起誓 |
[32:45] | for you cannot make one hair white or black.” | 因汝不可使头发变黑或白」 |
[32:49] | Again, I can not tell you. | 重申一遍 我不能告诉你 |
[32:50] | It’s from the Sermon on the Mount. | 这句话出自「登山宝训」 |
[32:52] | You’re accusing my daughter of plagiarizing | 你是在指责我的女儿剽窃 |
[32:53] | the Sermon on the… Mount. | 「登山宝训」 |
[32:56] | I can not confirm or deny. | 我无法承认或否认 |
[32:57] | Do you seriously want to be sued for denying | 你真的想因为自己辨别不出来 |
[32:59] | my daughter admittance because you can’t tell the difference | 加没加引号引用「登山宝训」 |
[33:02] | between the Sermon on the Mount within or without quotes? | 就拒绝录取我女儿而被告上法庭吗 |
[33:08] | It was very nice meeting you, ma’am. | 见到你很高兴 女士 |
[33:14] | Well, I think we should leave it at that. | 我认为你应该就此收手 |
[33:16] | Oh, like hell. | 做你的梦吧 |
[33:23] | What are you doing here? | 你在这里干什么 |
[33:24] | I’ve been called back to the Grand Jury, | 我又被大陪审团召回了 |
[33:26] | but I assume you know that. | 但我以为你知道 |
[33:28] | I hadn’t heard anything. | 我没听说 |
[33:28] | Alicia thought she’d answered all the questions. | 艾丽西娅以为她已经回答了所有问题了 |
[33:30] | Well, they had more. | 还有更多问题 |
[33:32] | Mr. Garber, we’re ready. | 加伯先生 我们准备好了 |
[33:39] | That’s not a good sign. | 这不是个好兆头 |
[33:41] | No. | 肯定不是 |
[33:43] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[33:58] | It’s unlocked. Come on in. | 门没锁 进来吧 |
[34:07] | I thought you were Lucca. | 我以为是卢卡呢 |
[34:12] | You want, uh… you want me to come back? | 你…你想让我一会儿再来吗 |
[34:15] | No. | 不 |
[34:18] | I’m eating pizza. | 我在吃披萨 |
[34:19] | That is the saddest piece of pizza I’ve ever seen. | 那真是我见过的最悲哀的披萨了 |
[34:23] | Yes, like Charlie Brown’s Christmas tree. | 对 就像查理·布朗的圣诞树 |
[34:28] | I’m not even hungry. | 我甚至都不饿 |
[34:32] | So… | 那么 |
[34:34] | So. | 那么 |
[34:37] | I think… | 我觉得 |
[34:40] | I think that I offended you. | 我觉得我冒犯了你 |
[34:42] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[34:43] | I met an old friend at Avenue Tavern. | 我在大道酒馆见了一个老朋友 |
[34:46] | Jason, I’m gonna stop you right there. | 杰森 快别说了 |
[34:48] | I’m an adult. | 我是个成年人 |
[34:50] | I know it may not look like it from… | 我知道可能从这个披萨来看 |
[34:52] | this pizza… | 我不像是 |
[34:55] | but I am. | 但我是成年人 |
[34:57] | And I am not under the impression | 而且我没有觉得 |
[34:59] | that we committed to each other, or… | 我们对彼此有什么承诺 |
[35:02] | have expressed… vows, | 或者什么誓言 |
[35:04] | or are going steady, or… | 或是要稳定下来 |
[35:05] | She’s a friend from New York that I haven’t seen in a while. | 她是我一个很久没见过的纽约的朋友 |
[35:08] | Seriously, Jason, I’m fine. | 我认真的 杰森 我没事 |
[35:12] | I’m here and thrilled that you stopped by, | 我在这里 我很高兴你来 |
[35:14] | and thrilled that we’re talking. | 很高兴我们在谈 |
[35:16] | And I do not need some profession of faith. | 而我不需要什么忠诚宣言 |
[35:20] | You don’t need a ticket to get through that door there. | 你来找我不需要什么理由 |
[35:24] | It didn’t mean anything. | 她对我来说没有任何意义的 |
[35:24] | You’re still explaining. | 你还是在解释 |
[35:26] | I… am married. | 我已经结婚了 |
[35:30] | If anyone should be explaining, | 如果你我有人要作解释 |
[35:34] | it should be me. | 也该是我 |
[35:42] | So I… | 我… |
[35:45] | I came here with this… plan. | 我是有备而来的 |
[35:49] | And now I… | 可现在我… |
[35:53] | I don’t know what I should do. | 我不知道该怎么办 |
[35:56] | You should come around the island and kiss me. | 你应该跨越岛屿来吻我 |
[35:59] | That’s what this is called? An island? | 这个是叫一座岛咯 |
[36:03] | Yes. Come here. | 对 快过来 |
[36:27] | What if I’m jealous of your husband? | 如果我嫉妒你的丈夫呢 |
[36:30] | Don’t be. | 不用嫉妒 |
[36:33] | Okay. | 好 |
[36:39] | My daughter’s home in 45 minutes. | 我女儿四十五分钟之后到家 |
[36:45] | Okay, but I can’t lift you. | 好 但我没办法把你抱起来 |
[36:47] | I threw out my back. | 我闪了腰 |
[36:58] | What else do you need, ma’am? | 你还需要什么 女士 |
[36:59] | Oh, it’s not about what I need. | 和我需要什么无关 |
[37:00] | You said you cross-referenced Grace’s essay with 750,000 | 你说你把格蕾丝的文章和75万份 |
[37:04] | other student college essays? | 其他学生文章做了对比 |
[37:06] | That is correct, through the Genuine Thought software. | 没错 用了「诚实思想」软件 |
[37:08] | Well, you know the one thing they didn’t do? | 你知道他们有一件事没做吗 |
[37:11] | I have no idea, ma’am. | 我不知道 女士 |
[37:12] | They didn’t acquire the IP rights to those 750,000 essays. | 他们没有获取这75万份文章的知识产权 |
[37:16] | What are you saying? | 你是什么意思 |
[37:16] | They advertised that they had access to these essays. | 他们宣称自己能获取这些文章 |
[37:20] | But unfortunately, you need the intellectual property rights. | 但很不幸 你需要获得知识产权 |
[37:23] | – And you know what? – I’m going. | -你知道吗 -我要走了 |
[37:24] | They need the rights. | 他们需要版权 |
[37:26] | So you’re subject to suit, too. | 所以你也要做被告 |
[37:27] | And I’m gonna start rounding out a class action suit | 所以我要发起一个集体诉讼 |
[37:30] | to end all class actions suits, | 来终结所有的集体诉讼 |
[37:31] | because you’ve pissed off a lot of essay writers. | 因为你惹到了很多作者 |
[37:34] | Um, do-do you… do you want us to get out of here? | 你…我们能离开了吗 |
[37:36] | No. | 不 |
[37:37] | I think we’re close to a decision, aren’t we, Amy? | 我想我们快达成决定了 不是吗 艾米 |
[37:44] | You decided it, Mom. | 你让我下定决心了 妈 |
[37:46] | I decided what? | 下决心做什么 |
[37:47] | The law. | 当律师 |
[37:48] | It’s what I’m doing. | 我要当律师 |
[37:55] | Okay. Please. | 好了 请坐吧 |
[37:58] | I am appalled by the escalation | 我对城市中枪支暴力的 |
[38:00] | of gun violence in this city, | 不断升级而感到震惊 |
[38:01] | and I agree with the plaintiff | 我同意原告的观点 |
[38:02] | that the PLCAA is too far-reaching. | 合法枪械买卖保护范围过大 |
[38:05] | Were I a senator or a congressman, | 如果我是参议员或国会议员 |
[38:07] | I would strive to repeal it. | 我会争取废除该法案 |
[38:09] | But I am… a judge. | 可惜我是个…法官 |
[38:12] | And it is my job to rule according to the laws we have, | 我的职责是根据现有法律做出判决 |
[38:16] | – not the laws I wish we had. – I’m sorry. | -而不是根据我想要的法律 -抱歉 |
[38:18] | Although plaintiff’s argument was admirable, | 尽管原告一方的论证可圈可点 |
[38:20] | I find you were unable to make a direct causal connection | 但你们还是无法证明格洛丽亚枪械店 |
[38:24] | between gun sales by Gloria’s Guns | 与旅游业衰退 |
[38:26] | and a reduction in tourism | 使个体户蒙受损失之间 |
[38:28] | that affected damage to any particular business. | 存在直接的固有联系 |
[38:30] | Your Honor, we intend to appeal. | 法官阁下 我们想要上诉 |
[38:32] | Do you mind if I finish first? | 能先让我讲完吗 |
[38:35] | I find for the defense. | 被告方胜诉 |
[38:37] | No damages are due Mr. Dargis. | 对达吉斯先生并未造成经济损失 |
[38:39] | I’m sorry, sir. I sympathize, but the law is the law. | 抱歉先生 我很同情你 但法律就是这样 |
[38:43] | I award damages to Gloria’s Guns. | 经济受损的是格洛丽亚枪械店 |
[38:46] | I believe that their business was adversely impacted | 我认为枪械店的生意受到了广告牌的 |
[38:50] | by this billboard. | 消极影响 |
[38:51] | I order that the sign be taken down, | 我下令撤下广告牌 |
[38:53] | and for every day that the sign is not taken down, | 只要广告牌还存在一天 |
[38:56] | Mr. Dargis will pay to Gloria’s Guns | 达吉斯先生每天就要向格洛丽亚枪械店缴纳 |
[38:58] | a cash penalty of ten cents. | 十美分的罚金 |
[39:04] | Excuse me? | 您说什么 |
[39:05] | Do you understand what I’m saying, Mr. Dargis? | 你懂我意思吗 达吉斯先生 |
[39:07] | If you want to keep your billboard up, you must pay | 如果你想继续让广告牌保持原状 那你每天 |
[39:09] | this court ten cents for every single day. | 都要缴纳十美分的罚金 |
[39:11] | Your Honor, that’s offensive. | 法官阁下 这太过分了 |
[39:13] | My client’s business has been affected. | 我当事人的生意会继续受到影响的 |
[39:14] | Well, yes, and she deserves ten cents for every single day. | 是啊 所以她才能每天都收到十美分 |
[39:18] | Your Honor, uh, can I pay now? | 法官阁下 我能现在给吗 |
[39:19] | If you so wish, sir. | 想给就给吧 先生 |
[39:20] | I-I… I have $40. | 我…我有四十美元 |
[39:23] | Okay. | 好 |
[39:23] | That will give you 400 more days | 那你的广告牌 |
[39:26] | of your sign being up. | 还能再立四百天 |
[39:27] | Your Honor, this invites chaos. | 法官阁下 这会制造混乱的 |
[39:29] | No. | 不 |
[39:30] | Your client has a very profitable business. | 你的当事人经营着暴利的生意 |
[39:32] | She doesn’t want to look at a victim’s face? | 她不是不想正视受害人吗 |
[39:35] | Well, that’s too bad. | 那真是太糟了 |
[39:36] | She’s going to have to. | 她想不正视都不行了 |
[39:38] | That’s it. | 就这样 |
[39:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[39:49] | Wow. I think your office | 我觉得你的办公室 |
[39:51] | has more square footage than mine. | 比我的还要大 |
[39:53] | I feel like I’ve arrived. | 感觉人生圆满了 |
[39:55] | You look it. Put your feet up. | 看得出来 把你的脚放上去 |
[39:59] | Are the associates still hating you? | 还有律师恨你吗 |
[40:01] | Let’s see. | 我试试看哈 |
[40:02] | Hey, Bob! | 喂 鲍勃 |
[40:05] | No, they’ve come around. | 没啦 他们有过来找我玩 |
[40:08] | Hey, Jason’s coming. | 杰森来了 |
[40:10] | You both all right? | 你俩还好吧 |
[40:10] | I think we are. | 应该还好 |
[40:11] | You talked? | 谈过了吗 |
[40:14] | Nice office. | 这办公室真爽 |
[40:16] | Thanks. | 谢啦 |
[40:17] | We’re gonna go celebrate my promotion. You want to come? | 我们要去庆祝我的升职 你要来吗 |
[40:19] | No. It seems like a girl thing. | 还是不了 看着像女生的聚会 |
[40:22] | We’ll make an allowance. | 我们会允许你来的 |
[40:23] | Okay, then, yeah. | 好吧 那我也去 |
[40:25] | Alicia… | 艾丽西娅… |
[40:30] | Hey, Cary. | 凯里 |
[40:31] | Everything all right? | 有事吗 |
[40:32] | I don’t know. | 我不知道呢 |
[40:34] | Pretty fast for an associate to get an office, isn’t it? | 初级律师现在就有独立办公室有点太早了吧 |
[40:36] | Lucca’s good. | 卢卡很能干 |
[40:38] | Seems like yesterday when we were. | 就跟当时的我们一样 |
[40:41] | So, I have to ask… | 我得问你… |
[40:44] | Did Diane approach you about making this an all-female firm, | 戴安有找你谈过建立一间全是女性的律所 |
[40:47] | pushing me out? | 并把我赶出去的事吗 |
[40:48] | Did Diane? | 戴安吗 |
[40:50] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[40:55] | No, she didn’t. | 没 她没找我 |
[41:05] | You two look like you want to be home. | 你俩一副想回家的样子 |
[41:07] | Are you kidding? | 你在说笑吗 |
[41:08] | No. | 才没有 |
[41:15] | I want some chips. | 我想吃薯片 |
[41:16] | I’ll get ’em. | 我去买吧 |
[41:17] | No. No. | 还是不用了 |
[41:18] | You stay. | 你们坐着就好 |
[41:35] | Oh, my God, Mrs. Florrick, the mouth on you. | 天呐 福瑞克夫人 你这张嘴啊 |
[41:40] | It’s one of my best features. | 这是我最性感的部位之一 |
[41:41] | One of your best, not the absolute best. | 之一而已 还不是最性感的 |
[41:53] | We are in public. | 这可是公众场合 |
[41:57] | You are a constant source of surprise. | 你真是让我惊喜不断啊 |
[42:02] | I wasted the last 20 years. | 我已经浪费二十年了 |
[42:03] | I’m not gonna waste the next 20. | 不能再浪费多二十年 |
[42:08] | It’s on the front page of the Sun-Times. | 「芝加哥太阳报」头条会写道 |
[42:13] | The governor’s wife was arrested | 州长夫人因 |
[42:15] | for performing a lewd act on an employee. | 猥亵一名员工而被捕 |
[42:20] | After the act was described, finally they all agreed… | 向警方陈述完事件经过后 他们都同意… |