时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | It’s a terrible thing | 一个人丧失了基本的道德底线 |
[00:07] | when someone loses their moral compass. | 是很可怕的事 |
[00:09] | It starts with a small infraction, | 刚开始触碰到底线的往往是件小事 |
[00:10] | something insignificant. | 微不足道的小事 |
[00:12] | Then it’s followed by two more infractions | 接下来就会有第二件触碰底线的事发生 |
[00:13] | because the first one has long been expected as justified. | 因为第一件事已被视作是理所当然的了 |
[00:16] | Then, like a pyramid scheme of moral laxity, | 于是 道德败坏就像一个金字塔 |
[00:20] | the lies become misdemeanors, | 从刚开始的撒谎演变成轻微犯罪 |
[00:22] | the misdemeanors become felonies, | 从轻微犯罪又演变成身负重罪 |
[00:24] | and the felonies become a way of life. | 到最后 日日身负重罪成了一种生活方式 |
[00:26] | And that brings us to the defendant, | 被告就是经历这层层演变的人 |
[00:29] | Governor Peter Florrick. | 彼得·福瑞克州长 |
[00:31] | It also brings us to his enablers, | 我们还要提到促使他变成今天这个样子的人 |
[00:33] | his campaign manager, Eli Gold, | 他的竞选经理 伊莱·戈德 |
[00:36] | and– I’m sorry to say– | 我很遗憾 但是 |
[00:39] | his wife, Alicia Florrick. | 还有他的妻子 艾丽西娅·福瑞克 |
[00:42] | Now, Mrs. Florrick will be sitting behind her husband | 福瑞克夫人每天开庭的时候 |
[00:45] | every day in court. | 都会坐在她丈夫身后 |
[00:47] | In this way, the defense wants you to think warmly | 辩方想用这种方式影响你们 |
[00:49] | of Governor Florrick. | 让你们觉得福瑞克州长是个好人 |
[00:50] | Huh, if his wife stands beside him, | 既然他妻子都坐在他身后支持他 |
[00:52] | he can’t be that bad. | 他不至于坏成这样的 |
[00:53] | Well, I want you to resist that temptation, | 我希望大家能够不受这个想法的影响 |
[00:56] | and I will give you a good reason. | 我能为大家提供一个合理的解释 |
[00:58] | Alicia Florrick is part of a criminal conspiracy… | 艾丽西娅·福瑞克也是同谋… |
[01:00] | Objection, Your Honor, | 反对 法官阁下 |
[01:01] | Mrs. Florrick is not on trial. | 福瑞克夫人并不受审 |
[01:02] | I didn’t say she was on trial, | 我没说她也受审啊 |
[01:03] | I said you were cynically using her presence… | 我是说你如此可笑 想利用她的出席… |
[01:05] | Excuse me, you just accused her of criminal conspiracy. | 抱歉 你刚刚指控她是同谋 |
[01:09] | If anyone is being cynical… | 要说庭上谁可笑… |
[01:09] | Excuse me, Your Honor, this is my opening argument | 抱歉 法官阁下 现在是我在开庭陈述 |
[01:12] | and the defense attorney will have her chance… | 辩方律师自有她的机会… |
[01:13] | What is cynical, sir, is to point to a wife | 真正可笑的是您无凭无据就污蔑这位妻子 |
[01:16] | who has stood by her husband for years. | 这位多年来站在丈夫身后 支持着他的人 |
[01:18] | And if she were not here, | 如果她不在场 |
[01:19] | – you would point to that as suspicious. – Your Honor… | -你就会说这十分可疑 -法官阁下 |
[01:21] | No, I’m gonna let you two burn yourselves out, okay? | 不 我让你们吵个够 好吧 |
[01:24] | Is there anything else? Are you done, Ms. Lockhart? | 还有什么 都说完了吗 洛克哈特女士 |
[01:26] | I am, Your Honor. | 是的 法官阁下 |
[01:27] | As you know, I came late to this case. | 如您所知 我刚接手这个案子 |
[01:28] | As you pointedly keep reminding us | 拜你一遍遍提醒我们所赐 |
[01:31] | over and over and over. Do you see this? | 我知道你刚接手 你看见这个了吗 |
[01:33] | And do you see the hash mark that you have there? | 那你能看见你已经被记了一笔吗 |
[01:37] | – Yes. – Okay, every time | -看见了 -好的 |
[01:38] | one of you provokes a round of crosstalk, | 谁挑起新的一轮斗嘴 |
[01:41] | you get a mark, and whoever has | 我就给他记一笔 截止到今天结束 |
[01:42] | the most at the end of the day will be held | 谁被记的次数多 |
[01:45] | in contempt and fined $10,000. | 就会被判蔑视法庭 罚款一万美元 |
[01:48] | Now, isn’t that fun? | 是不是很有趣 |
[01:49] | Well, it is… unusual. | 的确 不同寻常 |
[01:51] | Okay. | 就这样 |
[01:52] | Good. Let’s continue. | 很好 我们继续吧 |
[01:55] | He hates me. | 他讨厌我 |
[01:56] | – He has for years. – I know. | -他讨厌我很久了 -我知道 |
[01:58] | This is not gonna be a cakewalk. | 这次的事不容易摆平 |
[02:00] | I got a call around 2:00 a.M. | 我大概凌晨两点接到了一个电话 |
[02:02] | that my son had been involved in a shooting. | 说我儿子被牵扯进了一桩枪击案 |
[02:04] | I thought at first he was the one who’d been shot, | 刚开始我以为他中枪了 |
[02:07] | but they said he was the shooter. | 但他们说我儿子才是开枪的那个人 |
[02:09] | And who was he accused of shooting? | 他被指控开枪打死了谁 |
[02:10] | His girlfriend, Patty Tanniston. | 他女朋友 帕蒂·塔尼斯顿 |
[02:12] | And what did you do when you heard about this? | 你听说这个消息后做了什么 |
[02:13] | I went to see Peter Florrick. | 我去见了彼得·福瑞克 |
[02:17] | He was state’s attorney at the time | 他当时还是州检察官 |
[02:19] | and my friend. | 也是我的朋友 |
[02:20] | You are a campaign donor of Mr. Florrick’s, is that right? | 你是福瑞克先生竞选的赞助人 是吗 |
[02:23] | – Yes. – Hmm. What did you ask him? | -是的 -你跟他说了什么 |
[02:25] | I told him I didn’t want my son going to jail. | 我告诉他 我不想让我儿子进监狱 |
[02:28] | I couldn’t imagine he’d done it, but | 我无法想象这是我儿子做的 |
[02:29] | the evidence was against him. | 但是证据对他是不利的 |
[02:31] | – And what did Mr. Florrick say? – He said, “Lloyd…” | -福瑞克先生怎么说的 -他说 劳埃德 |
[02:34] | “…you know how much I count on your support. | 你知道你的赞助对我来说有多重要 |
[02:36] | You have nothing to worry about.” | 你不必担心 |
[02:38] | And you took this to mean? | 你觉得他这么说是什么意思 |
[02:39] | Exactly what it sounded like– | 就是字面意思 |
[02:41] | he was going to make the charges go away. | 他会帮我儿子摆脱罪名 |
[02:43] | And what happened after that? | 在那之后发生了什么 |
[02:45] | Well, two days into Richie’s trial, | 理查德的案子开审了两天 |
[02:47] | some evidence went missing. | 就有证据不见了 |
[02:49] | Bullets that were in the state crime lab. | 保存在州犯罪鉴证实验室的子弹不见了 |
[02:52] | The judge declared a mistrial. | 法官裁定审判无效 |
[02:58] | What did she say? | 她说什么 |
[03:00] | Nothing. | 什么也没说 |
[03:01] | She said nothing? | 她什么也没说吗 |
[03:02] | What did you ask? | 你问了什么 |
[03:04] | How’s the trial? | 庭审怎么样了 |
[03:07] | Did you piss her off? | 你是不是惹她生气了 |
[03:10] | What? Is that so unlike you? | 怎么 你就不会惹她生气吗 |
[03:11] | She’s in Mrs. Florrick mode for the trial. | 她正在庭上扮演着福瑞克夫人的角色 |
[03:14] | – That’s all. – So you think he did it? | -就这样 -所以你觉得是他做的 |
[03:17] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[03:18] | I think Alicia thinks he didn’t, | 我觉得艾丽西娅觉得他没那么干 |
[03:20] | but if he goes to prison, that wouldn’t be bad for you. | 但如果他入狱了 对你也不是什么坏事 |
[03:23] | – Lucca. – What? | -卢卡 -怎么 |
[03:26] | Can we give it a rest? | 我们能不能不说这个了 |
[03:29] | Okay. | 行啊 |
[03:30] | I’ll shut up, but I speak the truth. | 我闭嘴 但我说的是实话 |
[03:39] | Do you want…? Do you want…? | 你们想… 你们想… |
[03:43] | Do you want us to leave? | 你们需要我们离开吗 |
[03:44] | Not if you don’t mind the dust. | 如果你们不介意这里的灰尘 我们无所谓 |
[03:50] | More expansions? | 这是要扩展空间吗 |
[03:52] | It looks like it. | 看起来像 |
[03:54] | I never said that. Didn’t happen. | 我没说过这话 这全是无稽之谈 |
[03:57] | Connor knows you won’t | 康纳知道你不会 |
[03:57] | put Peter on the stand, so there’s no way to rebut. | 让彼得上证人席的 所以我们没法反驳 |
[03:59] | Okay, well, let’s see what I can do, and, uh, | 行吧 看看我能做点什么 |
[04:02] | Peter and Alicia, | 彼得 艾丽西娅你们俩 |
[04:04] | hold hands, be warm | 握着互相的手 温情一些 |
[04:06] | towards each other. You’re being watched. | 陪审员都在观察你们 |
[04:08] | – The jury wants to see you close. – Doing our best. | -陪审员想看到你们紧密相连 -我们尽力 |
[04:12] | All right, recess is over. | 好了 休庭结束 |
[04:14] | Counselors, do you have any questions? | 律师们 你们还有什么问题吗 |
[04:16] | Uh, yes, Your Honor. | 有的 法官阁下 |
[04:18] | Mr. Garber, you said you told | 加伯先生 你说你告诉了 |
[04:20] | Governor Florrick, you couldn’t imagine your son had done it, | 福瑞克州长 你无法想象那是你儿子做的 |
[04:22] | but the evidence was against him. | 但是证据对他是不利的 |
[04:24] | – Is that right? – Yes. | -我说的对吗 -对 |
[04:25] | So, this conversation must have been about the evidence? | 所以你们一定谈论过证据的事情对吗 |
[04:28] | – I’m sorry? – Well, you said the evidence was against him, | -什么 -你说证据对你儿子不利 |
[04:31] | your son, so you must have been discussing the evidence? | 所以你们一定谈论过有关证据的事是吗 |
[04:34] | – Oh. Right. – Good. | -是的 -好的 |
[04:35] | And the governor, your friend, | 你的朋友 州长先生 |
[04:38] | was familiar with the evidence. | 对证据是很熟悉的 |
[04:40] | – He had just reviewed it? – Yes. | -他已经看过证据了 -是的 |
[04:42] | So then, when Governor Florrick said, | 所以当福瑞克州长说 |
[04:43] | “You have nothing to worry about,” | 你不必担心这句话的时候 |
[04:45] | doesn’t it make more sense that | 难道他的意思不是 |
[04:46] | he meant “I have reviewed the evidence, | 我已经看过证据了 |
[04:49] | and you have nothing to worry about?” | 你不必担心吗 |
[04:51] | – But that’s not what he said. – Oh, it’s not? Well, | -但他不是这么说的 -不是吗 好吧 |
[04:53] | let me read again exactly what you said. | 让我重新复述一遍你说的话 |
[04:56] | “I couldn’t imagine he’d done it, | 我无法想象是他做的 |
[04:57] | but the evidence was against him.” | 但是证据对他不利 |
[04:59] | And Governor Florrick, your friend, | 福瑞克州长 你的朋友 |
[05:02] | the friend you are now betraying… | 你现在正在背叛的朋友… |
[05:03] | – Objection. – Withdrawn. The governor responded after | -反对 -撤回 州长查看了证据后 |
[05:06] | reviewing the evidence, “You have nothing to worry about.” | 跟你说 你不必担心 |
[05:10] | Sir, why can’t the governor’s comment, “You have nothing | 先生 为什么州长的这句 |
[05:13] | to worry about” be interpreted as | 你不必担心 不能理解为 |
[05:16] | the calming commiseration of a good friend? | 是他在安慰他的好朋友呢 |
[05:21] | Oh, I see you’re looking at Mr. Fox. | 我看见你在看福克斯先生 |
[05:23] | – Should I ask him? – Objection. | -我是不是要问问他呢 -反对 |
[05:24] | Yeah, sure. Sustained, | 当然 反对有效 |
[05:25] | but it did look like he was checking with you for the answer. | 但他看起来的确是在跟你协商怎么回答 |
[05:28] | – Should I ask again, Mr. Garber? – No. | -要我再问一遍吗 加伯先生 -不用 |
[05:30] | It wasn’t the commiseration of a friend, and you know it, Peter. | 这不是安慰朋友的话 你知道的 彼得 |
[05:34] | Excuse me, don’t talk to my client, sir, | 不好意思 别跟我的客户说话 先生 |
[05:36] | especially since you know he can’t talk back. | 尤其是你知道他没法回答你 |
[05:38] | And enjoy your deal with the AUSA. | 好好享受联邦检察官给你的协议吧 |
[05:39] | – Objection! Your Honor. – Yeah, I’m way ahead of you. | -反对 法官阁下 -我早就记好了 |
[05:42] | – Two to one. – Wait. No. How did I get one? | -二比一 -等等 我什么时候被记得 |
[05:45] | Correction. Two to two. | 修正一下 现在二比二 |
[05:49] | Eight years. | 八年 |
[05:51] | No. | 不行 |
[05:52] | Okay. Then what else do we have to discuss? | 好吧 那我们还有什么好说的 |
[05:57] | Nothing. | 没什么了 |
[05:58] | I’ll see you in court. | 我们庭上见 |
[05:59] | Your husband did it, Mrs. Florrick. | 是你丈夫做的 福瑞克夫人 |
[06:00] | Then prove it. | 那就拿出证据 |
[06:03] | Seriously. | 说真的 |
[06:04] | I’ve defended enough people | 我为这么多人辩护过 |
[06:05] | to know how shallow those words are. | 我知道你这些话有多没凭没据 |
[06:08] | I don’t care what you believe. | 你是怎么想的我不在乎 |
[06:10] | I care what you can prove, so prove it. | 我只在乎你能证明什么 拿出证据来 |
[06:15] | I have a surprise witness, Mrs. Florrick. | 我有个你们想不到的证人 福瑞克夫人 |
[06:25] | – Hey. What’s up? – Oh, not much. | -怎么样 -不怎么样 |
[06:27] | I’m being made into the evil woman here. | 我在这里要被人编成个恶毒的女人了 |
[06:29] | – Is that Alicia? – I need your help. | -是艾丽西娅吗 -我需要你的帮助 |
[06:31] | The AUSA is holding at eight years. | 助理检察官坚持要求八年刑期 |
[06:34] | He says he has a surprise witness. | 他说他有个意想不到的证人 |
[06:35] | Can you find anything out? | 你能查到些什么吗 |
[06:36] | – Sure. You think it’s Cary? – Maybe. | -我试试 你觉得是凯里吗 -可能是 |
[06:38] | I’ll talk to Canning. | 我会和坎宁谈谈 |
[06:40] | But anything you can find out would be helpful. | 你查出来任何事都会有帮助的 |
[06:42] | I’ll do my best. | 我尽力 |
[06:44] | How are you doing? | 你怎么样 |
[06:45] | Me? I don’t know. | 我吗 我不知道 |
[06:49] | I’m exhausted. | 我很累 |
[06:52] | Where are you? Are you… are you at a construction site? | 你在哪 是在建筑工地上吗 |
[06:55] | The conference room. | 我在会议室 |
[06:57] | The wall is mostly down. | 墙基本被推倒了 |
[06:59] | The wall? What wall? | 墙 什么墙 |
[07:01] | The conference room wall. | 会议室的墙 |
[07:05] | Not at Lockhart/Florrick. | 在洛&福律所不会这样 |
[07:06] | It is a pure meritocracy– where the women decide. | 这里是纯粹的任人唯贤 女人可以做决定 |
[07:10] | So come, talk to us, visit us, let us impress you. | 来吧 和我们谈谈 来看看 让我们打动你 |
[07:17] | Excuse me. It’s my partner. | 抱歉 是我的合伙人 |
[07:20] | Hey. Is everything all right? | 一切还好吗 |
[07:22] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[07:24] | Are we expanding? | 我们要扩张吗 |
[07:25] | Um, well, yes. | 是啊 |
[07:26] | I’m meeting right now with Shannon Janderman. | 我现在在和香农·詹德曼会面 |
[07:28] | I think she’s gonna jump ship. | 我觉得她会过来的 |
[07:30] | Well, don’t you think | 那你不觉得 |
[07:31] | it would have been a good idea to let me know? | 你应该告诉我的吗 |
[07:34] | Well, what do you mean? We did discuss this. | 你是什么意思 我们谈过这个的 |
[07:36] | I have meetings all week. I can’t cancel them | 我一周都有会面 我不能因为庭审 |
[07:38] | because of the trial. | 就取消啊 |
[07:39] | No, no, no, the construction. | 不不 是施工的事 |
[07:41] | What construction? | 什么施工 |
[07:44] | Oh, my God! | 天呐 |
[07:54] | How could the…? | 怎么会 |
[07:56] | Where is David? | 大卫在哪 |
[07:57] | How could he let this happen? | 他怎么不管管的 |
[07:59] | *Pestilential nuisances who write for autographs* | *给人签名的讨厌鬼们* |
[08:01] | *All people who have flabby hands and irritating laughs…* | *所有手掌松弛笑声可恶的人* |
[08:04] | They had the wrong floor. | 他们搞错楼层了 |
[08:06] | Law firm on the 18th is expanding. | 十八层的律所要扩建 |
[08:10] | Oh, my God. What do we do? | 天呐 那我们怎么办 |
[08:12] | I called the insurance. | 我给保险公司打电话了 |
[08:14] | We’re covered. | 他们承担损失 |
[08:15] | I have Shannon Janderman | 我请了香农·詹德曼 |
[08:16] | coming over tomorrow to impress her. | 明天来想给她留个好印象 |
[08:19] | Well, we’ll use the conference room | 我们可以用二十七层的 |
[08:20] | on the 27th floor. | 会议室 |
[08:21] | Uh, the paralegals are in there. | 律师助理都在那里 |
[08:24] | Okay, we’ll think of something. | 好吧 我们会想出办法的 |
[08:25] | Diane, we have to get back to court. | 戴安 我们得回法庭了 |
[08:42] | There’s another possibility. | 我们还有个选择 |
[08:43] | What’s that? | 什么选择 |
[08:45] | We expand to the 29th floor. | 我们扩建到二十九层 |
[08:48] | What? | 什么 |
[08:49] | We want to expand and hire more lawyers. | 我们想扩张 招聘更多律师 |
[08:50] | The 29th floor is empty. | 二十九层是空的 |
[08:52] | – That equity firm went bankrupt. – Yes. | -那个证券公司破产了 -是 |
[08:54] | But we should expand because | 但我们要扩建也是因为 |
[08:56] | we decide to expand, not because | 我们决定扩建 而不是因为 |
[08:58] | someone accidentally destroyed our conference room. | 有人不小心砸了我们的会议室 |
[09:00] | Why not? | 有何不可 |
[09:06] | Matan Brody, Assistant State’s Attorney in Cook County. | 我是马坦·布罗迪 库克县州助理检察官 |
[09:09] | You were the lead prosecutor in the Richard Locke case? | 你是理查德·洛克案的首席检察官吗 |
[09:11] | With Cary Agos, that’s correct. | 对 和凯里·艾格斯一起 |
[09:13] | Would you say Peter Florrick micromanaged this case? | 你认为彼得·福瑞克亲自干涉了这个案件吗 |
[09:16] | – I would. – And in what way did he do that? | -是的 -他是如何做的呢 |
[09:18] | Well, for one, he came to the crime scene. | 首先 他去了犯罪现场 |
[09:20] | He did? On the night of the murder? | 是吗 在谋杀发生的当晚吗 |
[09:23] | Yes. | 对 |
[09:24] | Is that unusual? | 这正常吗 |
[09:25] | I’ve worked with four SA’s in 11 years. | 我十一年来和四位州检察官共事过 |
[09:28] | First time I’d ever seen it. | 那是我第一次见到 |
[09:30] | So as the crime scene was being processed, Peter was there? | 在检验犯罪现场的时候 彼得也在吗 |
[09:33] | Yes. He asked a lot of questions, he worried | 在 他问了一些问题 他担心 |
[09:35] | about their methods, their experience, he had us review | 他们的方法 经验 在前半周里 |
[09:37] | 911 calls earlier in the week. | 他让我们复查了911电话 |
[09:40] | And did this behavior continue? | 他的这种行为有继续吗 |
[09:41] | Yes, through prep, right up until trial. | 有 贯穿整个预审 直到上庭 |
[09:43] | Even the charging decision. | 他连起诉决定也管 |
[09:45] | We could’ve gone for first degree murder, | 我们本可以追诉一级谋杀 |
[09:47] | but he barely let us go for second. | 但他根本不让我们那样做 |
[09:49] | Thank you, Mr. Brody. | 谢谢你 布罗迪先生 |
[09:52] | The murder of Ms. Tanniston happened just two weeks | 塔尼斯顿女士的谋杀案发生在 |
[09:56] | after Governor Florrick assumed office. | 福瑞克州长上任仅两周后 |
[09:58] | – Is that correct? – Yes, I believe so. | -是这样吗 -是的 |
[10:00] | And this was Governor Florrick’s second stint as state’s attorney | 而且这是福瑞克州长洗清腐败罪名后 |
[10:03] | after the corruption charges against him | 作为州检察官所接的 |
[10:06] | – had been thrown out? – Yes. | -第二个案件对吗 -对 |
[10:07] | So, showing up at a crime scene, | 那么 出现在犯罪现场 |
[10:10] | making sure evidence is collected properly– | 确保证据的妥当采集 |
[10:13] | couldn’t that be the action of a re-elected state’s attorney | 这难道不能是再次当选州检察官之后 |
[10:15] | wanting to ensure the-the highest standards? | 希望保证高标准办案的行为吗 |
[10:18] | It could be, but it wasn’t here. | 可以 但在这案子里不是 |
[10:23] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[10:24] | How many gun felony charges were thrown out | 彼得上一任州检察官格伦·查尔兹在任时 |
[10:27] | under the previous state’s attorney, Glenn Childs? | 有多少例枪械重罪被法庭否决吗 |
[10:31] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[10:32] | 625. | 625例 |
[10:35] | That’s over 12%. | 超过了百分之十二 |
[10:36] | Do you know how many were thrown out under Peter Florrick? | 你知道彼得·福瑞克在任时有多少吗 |
[10:39] | Mr. Florrick was in office for fewer years. | 福瑞克先生在任时间要少一些 |
[10:40] | Well, I’m glad you’re making your bias evident. | 我很高兴你明显流露出了你的偏见 |
[10:44] | 29 cases were thrown out, sir. | 二十九例 先生 |
[10:46] | That’s fewer than two percent. | 同比少了两个百分点 |
[10:48] | So it seems that Peter Florrick’s | 如此看来彼得·福瑞克的 |
[10:50] | micromanagement was needed. | 亲自干涉是必须的 |
[10:51] | – It wasn’t needed. – Objection. Argumentative. | -不是必须的 -反对 诱导性提问 |
[10:52] | Our department had double the prosecutions | 我们部门在彼得·福瑞克之前 |
[10:53] | – before Peter Florrick. – Of course you had double the prosecutions | -进行双重诉讼 -你们当然用双重诉讼了 |
[10:55] | because you didn’t care about the rule of law. | 因为你们不在乎法律规则 |
[10:55] | Your Honor, I’m objecting here. This is not a debate. | 法官阁下 我提出反对了 这不是辩论 |
[10:58] | That is such defense attorney crap. | 真是辩护律师的胡扯 |
[11:06] | Alicia. | 艾丽西娅 |
[11:08] | You’re looking good. | 你看起来不错 |
[11:09] | Thank you, so are you. | 谢谢 你也是 |
[11:12] | You staying out of trouble? | 你没有惹麻烦吧 |
[11:13] | Trying. | 尽量不惹呢 |
[11:14] | You seem to be drawing a lot of interest. | 你好像吸引了很多人注意 |
[11:18] | It happens when your husband’s on trial. | 自己丈夫庭审的时候就会这样 |
[11:20] | So, is Cary testifying against Peter? | 凯里要指证彼得吗 |
[11:24] | Let me ask you a question, | 我来问你个问题 |
[11:25] | – is Peter scapegoating Cary? – No. | -彼得要让凯里当替罪羊吗 -不 |
[11:28] | Then no. | 那凯里就不会 |
[11:30] | So we’re linked? | 那我们是一条船上的了 |
[11:31] | Well, you don’t go after Cary, | 你们不算计凯里 |
[11:32] | I have no reason to go after Peter. | 我就没有理由算计彼得 |
[11:35] | Good. | 好的 |
[11:36] | Then that’s that. | 那就这样了 |
[11:37] | Not really. | 不算是 |
[11:39] | You have a problem. | 你们有个问题 |
[11:44] | Peter is guilty. | 彼得有罪 |
[11:48] | I have to get back to court, Mr. Canning. | 我要回法庭了 坎宁先生 |
[11:50] | – Thank you. – The AUSA has proof. | -谢谢 -州助理检察官有证据 |
[11:52] | They have a witness who’s not on the list. | 他们有不在名单上的证人 |
[11:55] | How do you know that? | 你怎么知道的 |
[11:56] | Because she approached us. She wanted to know | 因为她来找我们了 她想知道 |
[11:58] | – what Cary was gonna say. – She? Who’s she? | -凯里会说什么 -她 她是谁 |
[12:00] | Geneva Pine. | 吉妮瓦·派恩 |
[12:02] | If she testifies, Peter goes to prison. | 如果她作证 彼得就要进监狱 |
[12:07] | What can she say? | 她能说什么 |
[12:09] | Everything. | 所有事 |
[12:56] | What the hell? | 这怎么回事 |
[12:57] | David, where have you been? | 大卫 你去哪了 |
[12:59] | When people come off the elevator, | 有人走出电梯的时候 |
[13:00] | I want them to think of wings. | 我希望他们能想到翅膀 |
[13:02] | Flight. Eagles. Soaring eagles. | 飞机 雄鹰 翱翔的雄鹰 |
[13:05] | What the freaking hell? | 到底怎么回事 |
[13:06] | Workmen accidentally destroyed the conference room. | 有工人不小心砸了会议室 |
[13:08] | Now we’re thinking of leasing the 29th floor | 现在我们在考虑租用二十九层 |
[13:10] | and building a staircase to it. | 建一个楼梯上去 |
[13:11] | Not a staircase. | 不是楼梯 |
[13:13] | – A stair presentation. – Who’s he? | -是楼梯展示间 -他是谁 |
[13:15] | Irv Bircher. I designed your offices, | 欧文·波奇 我为你们设计办公室 |
[13:17] | now I want to bring them | 我想让它们 |
[13:18] | – into the 21st century. – This is the 21st century. | -走进二十一世纪 -这就是二十一世纪 |
[13:20] | No, you’re deluding yourself. | 不 你在欺骗自己 |
[13:22] | Pale wood, glass. | 浅色原木 玻璃 |
[13:24] | This is an Apple store, circa 2009. | 这就是家苹果店 2009年的 |
[13:27] | That is the 21st century. | 那就是在二十一世纪 |
[13:29] | Jason. | 杰森 |
[13:31] | I need to ask a favor. | 我需要你帮个忙 |
[13:33] | Well, actually not a favor. | 严格来说不是帮忙 |
[13:34] | I can pay. | 我可以付钱 |
[13:37] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[13:38] | No, I-I just mean… | 不 我是说… |
[13:43] | I don’t know how this should work. | 我不知道该怎么说 |
[13:44] | It’s for Peter. | 是彼得的事 |
[13:47] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:51] | Just ask me a favor. | 求我帮个忙就行 |
[13:53] | Geneva Pine. | 吉妮瓦·派恩 |
[13:54] | Canning says she’s testifying, | 坎宁说她会出庭作证 |
[13:56] | but she wasn’t the prosecutor on the case, | 但是她当时不是那个案子的检察官 |
[13:58] | and we need to know what she knows. | 我们得知道她知道什么信息 |
[14:01] | And what to use against her. | 还有我们要怎么对付她 |
[14:03] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[14:04] | I’m on it. | 交给我吧 |
[14:12] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[14:15] | I have to finish this with Peter. | 我必须和彼得把这件事了断 |
[14:18] | Alicia, you don’t have to apologize. | 艾丽西娅 你不用道歉的 |
[14:25] | I can’t get my head around what you said. | 我脑袋里一直萦绕着你说过的话 |
[14:28] | Which part? | 什么话 |
[14:31] | The not wanting to get stuck, | 不想被困住 |
[14:33] | but wanting to be together. | 但想在一起 |
[14:37] | I don’t know how to reconcile those two. | 有时候我真是分不清这二者 |
[14:39] | I know. | 没事的 |
[14:42] | I need time. | 我需要时间 |
[14:44] | I’m not someone who likes being untethered. | 我不是那种喜欢无拘无束的人 |
[14:49] | Come back up with me. | 回来跟我在一起吧 |
[14:51] | I should get to work. | 我该去工作了 |
[14:55] | Later? | 回见 |
[14:57] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[15:04] | 艾米丽·帕克斯 库克县助理检察官 | |
[15:05] | So who do you want to know about? | 你想知道谁的故事 |
[15:07] | I know all the dirt in the SA’s office. | 我知道州检察官办公室所有的八卦 |
[15:09] | Geneva Pine. | 吉妮瓦·派恩 |
[15:10] | What do you want to know? | 你想知道什么 |
[15:12] | I need anything out of the ordinary, | 我需要一切不同寻常的 |
[15:14] | anything that I can use. | 一切我能用上的 |
[15:17] | You want some turkey sandwich? | 你想来点火鸡三明治吗 |
[15:20] | No thanks, I ate. | 不用 谢谢 我吃过了 |
[15:21] | So, here’s the thing, | 是这样的 |
[15:24] | the state’s attorney’s office is like a big ole family, | 州检察官办公室就像一个巨大的老式家庭 |
[15:26] | with a mama, and a papa, and a whole lot of children. | 有妈妈 有爸爸 还有一大群孩子 |
[15:30] | – Who’s the papa? – Peter Florrick. | -爸爸是谁 -彼得·福瑞克 |
[15:32] | At the time. | 在那个时候 |
[15:33] | And the mama? | 妈妈呢 |
[15:35] | Geneva Pine. | 吉妮瓦·派恩 |
[15:38] | That’s why she had access to all the cases. | 所以她有权限处理所有的案子 |
[15:42] | She was sleeping with him. | 她当时在和他上床 |
[15:45] | – She was sleeping with Peter Florrick? – Yup. | -她当时在和彼得·福瑞克上床 -是的 |
[15:47] | Long time affair. From what I hear, | 是一段长期的婚外情 据我所知 |
[15:49] | she was sleeping with him up to a month ago. | 那时候他们已经偷情一个月了 |
[15:52] | That’s why she’s testifying. | 她就是因为这个出庭作证 |
[15:54] | He broke it off with her. | 因为他把她甩了 |
[15:55] | Can you use that? | 这个你能用吗 |
[16:01] | Geneva Pine. | 吉妮瓦·派恩 |
[16:02] | I work in the state’s attorney’s office. | 我在州检察官办公室工作 |
[16:04] | – And you worked under Peter Florrick? – Yes. | -你当时是彼得·福瑞克的下属吗 -是的 |
[16:05] | And did you interrogate Mr. Locke | 你在枪击案当天晚上 |
[16:07] | on the night of the shooting? | 有没有对洛克进行审讯 |
[16:08] | – I did. – Can you tell me | -有过 -你能说说 |
[16:09] | – about this interview? – Mr. Locke was upset. | -审讯的情况吗 -洛克先生非常难过 |
[16:11] | He kept saying he loved his girlfriend, | 他不停的说他爱他的女朋友 |
[16:13] | that he wished things had happened differently. | 他希望事情没有发展成这个样子 |
[16:15] | Differently? | 这个样子 |
[16:16] | Um, what-what did he mean by that? | 他说这话是什么意思 |
[16:17] | It felt like he was about to confess. | 感觉他就要招供了 |
[16:20] | Did he have an attorney with him? | 他当时有律师陪伴吗 |
[16:21] | No, he hadn’t asked for one yet. | 没有 当时他还没有要求律师 |
[16:23] | – But he did later? – Yes. | -但是过了一会他要求了 -是的 |
[16:24] | After Peter showed up | 在彼得到场 |
[16:25] | and interrupted Mr. Locke | 并且打断了审讯之后 |
[16:27] | and asked if I had Mirandized him. | 他问我有没有给洛克先生宣读他的权利 |
[16:29] | – Had you? – No, | -你宣读了吗 -没有 |
[16:30] | because I wasn’t questioning Mr. Locke. | 因为我并不是在盘问洛克先生 |
[16:32] | Is that standard practice? | 这样合乎规矩吗 |
[16:33] | If we arrest someone, it’s a custodial interrogation, | 如果我们逮捕了某人 在监禁下审讯的话 |
[16:36] | and we read them their rights. | 需要给他们宣读权利 |
[16:37] | If we show up, and they want to tell us | 如果我们出现后 他们想要告诉我们 |
[16:39] | about the crime they committed, we don’t stop them. | 自己犯下的罪行 我们不会阻止的 |
[16:42] | – But Peter Florrick made you. – He did, | -但是彼得·福瑞克要求你阻止他 -是的 |
[16:45] | and then Richard Locke clammed up. | 之后理查德·洛克就保持沉默了 |
[16:47] | Lawyered up. | 找来了律师 |
[16:48] | Tell me, um, what are these? | 告诉我 这些是什么 |
[16:50] | The four bullets recovered from the crime scene. | 这是在犯罪现场发现的四枚子弹 |
[16:51] | These two were taken from the wall behind Patty Tanniston. | 这两枚是从帕蒂·塔尼斯顿身后的墙上取下来的 |
[16:55] | These two were recovered from her body. | 这两枚从她的体内取出 |
[16:57] | I see, these were the ones that killed her. | 我明白了 就是它们杀死了她 |
[17:00] | – Yes. – And you helped supervise | -是的 -你帮助监督了 |
[17:01] | the ballistic testing for these bullets. | 这些子弹的弹道检测 |
[17:03] | Was there a conclusion to this testing? | 当时的检测有结论吗 |
[17:05] | Yes, they were fired | 有的 它们都是被告洛克先生 |
[17:06] | from a Glock 26 owned by Mr. Locke, the defendant. | 拥有的格洛克26手枪发射出的 |
[17:10] | That seems like pretty damning evidence. | 听上去这是个强有力的证据 |
[17:12] | – Why weren’t they used at trial? – They were used. | -为什么这个没有在庭审上使用 -使用了 |
[17:15] | But before the defense had the chance to test the bullets, | 但是在辩方有机会检测子弹之前 |
[17:19] | they were lost. | 子弹失踪了 |
[17:20] | Which caused the mistrial. | 子弹失踪导致了审判无效 |
[17:22] | Yes. | 是的 |
[17:22] | I thought we should conduct a top-to-bottom search | 我当时认为我们应该彻底地搜寻 |
[17:25] | – for the bullets. – And what did Mr. Florrick say? | -那几枚子弹 -当时福瑞克先生怎么说 |
[17:27] | He said he would take it under advisement. | 他说他会考虑这个建议的 |
[17:29] | – And did he? – No. | -那么他搜了吗 -没有 |
[17:30] | Nothing more at the moment, Your Honor. | 暂时就这么多 法官阁下 |
[17:32] | Counselor, I imagine you want your usual moment to consult. | 律师们 我觉得你们需要一些时间讨论 |
[17:35] | Yes, just one second, Your Honor. | 是的 请稍等 法官阁下 |
[17:37] | Sure, I’m made of nothing but time. | 没问题 我有的是耐心 |
[17:52] | 路易斯·坎宁 我们需要谈谈 | |
[17:57] | I’m only doing this because our fates are tied. | 我这么做的唯一原因是我们的命运已经绑在一起了 |
[17:59] | Doing what? | 做什么 |
[18:00] | Helping. | 帮忙 |
[18:02] | As long as you keep Cary out of it and don’t point fingers, | 只要你让凯里远离这场审判不受牵连 |
[18:04] | – I got your back. – Really? | -我就帮你 -真的吗 |
[18:06] | That I’d like to see. | 那真是太好了 |
[18:10] | Geneva Pine is lying. | 吉妮瓦·派恩在撒谎 |
[18:12] | Is that what those say? | 你手上拿的能证明 |
[18:13] | No, these just give the motive. | 不 这些只是撒谎的动机 |
[18:14] | What’s that? | 动机是什么 |
[18:16] | She was a spurned lover. | 她是个被抛弃的情人 |
[18:17] | These are affidavits from coworkers saying | 这些是办公室同事们的宣誓证词 |
[18:19] | that Peter Florrick broke off an affair with her. | 来证明彼得·福瑞克当时跟她结束了婚外情 |
[18:22] | Got it. Good. Thanks. | 明白了 很好 谢谢 |
[18:24] | You heard what I just said? | 你听明白了我刚才说的吗 |
[18:25] | Yes. | 明白 |
[18:28] | Were you wanting me to cry, Mr. Canning? | 你是想看我哭吗 坎宁先生 |
[18:33] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[18:35] | I thought my husband | 我还以为我的丈夫 |
[18:36] | no longer cheated. | 再也不会出轨了 |
[18:43] | God, I love you. | 我爱死你了 |
[18:45] | I know. | 我知道 |
[18:52] | She was a good witness. | 她是个很好的证人 |
[18:53] | The jury believed her. | 陪审团很相信她 |
[18:54] | I know, so how can we undercut her? | 我知道 所以我们要怎么对付她 |
[18:56] | I can argue that Peter was being diligent, | 我可以说彼得是在精益求精 |
[18:58] | but that doesn’t undercut the crime lab failure. | 但是这样也无法掩盖实验室的事故 |
[19:00] | Could you go after her reputation? | 可以从她的名声下手吗 |
[19:01] | I don’t think she has an issue | 我不认为她在纪律委员会那里 |
[19:02] | with the Disciplinary Commission. | 有什么问题 |
[19:04] | Go to motive. | 从动机下手 |
[19:06] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[19:07] | No one else heard Peter reject the search of the crime lab. | 没有其他人听说彼得拒绝搜查实验室 |
[19:10] | Only Geneva. | 只有吉妮瓦 |
[19:10] | You think she’s lying? | 你认为她在撒谎 |
[19:11] | – I think you can make a case she’s lying. – How? | -我觉得可以证明她说谎 -怎么做 |
[19:15] | She was sleeping with Peter. | 她当时在和彼得偷情 |
[19:17] | These are affidavits from coworkers | 这些是同事们的宣誓证词 |
[19:19] | saying Peter broke up with her. | 证明彼得当时把她甩了 |
[19:21] | And she’s trying to get back at him. | 她现在是在报复彼得 |
[19:24] | Goes to motive. | 从动机下手 |
[19:29] | How did you get these? | 你是从哪得到这些的 |
[19:30] | Canning. | 坎宁 |
[19:35] | Well, that was, uh, | 刚才是 |
[19:36] | Chief Justice Bennett. | 首席法官贝内特 |
[19:37] | He’s going to look into her background | 他会去调查她的背景 |
[19:39] | and see if we can use anything. | 看看有没有我们能用上的 |
[19:44] | What? | 怎么了 |
[19:48] | What are those? | 这些是什么 |
[19:51] | They are affidavits from Geneva’s coworkers | 这些是吉妮瓦的同事们的宣誓证词 |
[19:54] | saying that she’s lying | 证明她在撒谎 |
[19:55] | because you broke up with her after having a long affair. | 因为你在一段长期的偷情后把她甩了 |
[19:59] | What? | 什么 |
[20:00] | They are affidavits from coworkers. | 这些是同事们的宣誓证词 |
[20:04] | You have people saying that Geneva and I had an affair? | 你让人们宣称我和吉妮瓦偷情 |
[20:06] | Yes, and that she’s lying because she wants to hurt you. | 是的 她撒谎因为她想伤害你 |
[20:11] | That’s not true. | 没有这回事 |
[20:12] | – Why don’t we step out? – No. | -要不我们先出去吧 -不用 |
[20:14] | It’s not true, we can’t use them. | 没有这回事 我们不能用这些东西 |
[20:15] | We’ll just give you a minute. | 我们还是给你们一些时间吧 |
[20:17] | Just use it, Peter. | 用吧 彼得 |
[20:18] | No. | 不 |
[20:21] | I don’t know what’s in those affidavits, | 我不知道那些书面证词里说了些什么 |
[20:22] | but there was nothing between Geneva and me. | 但我和吉妮瓦之间什么都没有 |
[20:24] | If you’re worried about embarrassing me… | 如果你在担心这会让我难堪 |
[20:25] | I’m not worried about anything, Alicia. | 我不担心任何事 艾丽西娅 |
[20:27] | When people think bad things of you, | 当人们认为你做了坏事 |
[20:29] | they keep thinking bad things. | 他们就会一直把你往坏里想 |
[20:30] | What you have here | 你手头上的这些证词 |
[20:31] | is office gossip. | 只是办公室绯闻而已 |
[20:34] | Who got it for you? | 是谁给你弄到的 |
[20:35] | Your investigator? | 你的调查员吗 |
[20:37] | No. | 不是 |
[20:40] | Well, I’m not gonna use it. | 这种证词我是不会用的 |
[20:45] | Be careful, this one’s got a… | 小心 这把枪有 |
[20:48] | It’s got a little bit of a kick to it. | 这把枪有那么点后坐力 |
[20:50] | God, I look good with a gun. | 上帝啊 我和枪真配 |
[20:53] | What do you need? | 你需要我做什么吗 |
[20:55] | Uh, something that’s difficult for you. | 可能对你来说有点难 |
[20:58] | I need you on the stand. | 我需要你出庭作证 |
[21:01] | Florrick trial? | 福瑞克的案子吗 |
[21:02] | Yeah, I read your ballistics report. | 是的 我读了你的弹道分析报告 |
[21:05] | It’s deliberately impenetrable. | 上面说是刻意无法穿透 |
[21:08] | I needed another test, | 我本需要再做一次测试 |
[21:09] | but they lost the bullets before I could. | 但是他们在测试开始前把子弹给弄丢了 |
[21:11] | Yes, but to withhold an opinion, | 是的 但是要保留意见 |
[21:13] | you have to have an opinion. | 你首先必须有自己的意见 |
[21:16] | Opinions are nothing without science behind it. | 没有科学支持的意见是没有意义的 |
[21:18] | No, you’re an expert witness. | 是的 但你是位专家证人 |
[21:21] | If your opinion rises out of your expertise, | 如果你的观点是从你的专业知识中得出的 |
[21:24] | that’s something. | 那就很有分量了 |
[21:27] | You don’t usually play this game. | 你通常不会玩这种把戏的 |
[21:30] | I know. My client’s being railroaded. | 我知道 我的委托人被诬陷了 |
[21:31] | He’s not being “Railroaded.” | 他不是被诬陷了 |
[21:33] | He’s a Democratic governor | 他是一位被民主党陪审团 |
[21:35] | being judged by a Democratic jury. | 审判的民主党州长 |
[21:37] | That’s as far from “Railroaded” as you can get. | 这和”诬陷”可是大相径庭 |
[21:41] | I’m not asking you to lie. | 我不是叫你去说谎 |
[21:42] | I’m just… | 我只是 |
[21:44] | asking you to give your preliminary opinion. | 在请求你说出你的初步观点 |
[21:49] | In a manner that is helpful to my defense. | 以一种对我的辩护有帮助的方式 |
[22:03] | Please, Kurt. | 求你了 库尔特 |
[22:06] | Help me? | 能帮帮我吗 |
[22:09] | You were the ballistics expert hired by the SA’s office | 你是当时受雇于州检察官办公室 |
[22:12] | to assess these bullets? | 评估这些子弹的弹道专家吗 |
[22:14] | That is correct. | 没错 |
[22:15] | Now, I should get something out of the way, | 现在 首先 我要先说明 |
[22:16] | right up front. | 一下情况 |
[22:18] | I’m questioning because you | 我这么问是因为你和 |
[22:19] | are related to a lawyer on our defense team. | 我们辩护团队中的一位律师有亲属关系 |
[22:21] | Yes, I’m married to Diane Lockhart. | 是的 我和戴安·洛克哈特结婚了 |
[22:23] | Congratulations. | 恭喜 |
[22:25] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 谢谢 法官阁下 |
[22:27] | But this marriage happened after | 但你们是在你为州检察官办公室 |
[22:29] | the ballistics testing you did for the SA’s office? | 完成弹道测试之后才结婚的对吗 |
[22:31] | Yes. Did you give Governor Florrick | 是的 在这些子弹消失前 你当时 |
[22:33] | a preliminary report on these bullets | 给福瑞克州长提交过一份关于这些子弹的 |
[22:35] | – before they disappeared? – Objection! | -初步分析报告对吗 -反对 |
[22:36] | Your Honor, this trial has nothing to do | 法官大人 这场审判和洛克 |
[22:38] | with Locke’s guilt. | 是否有罪无关 |
[22:39] | This is about Peter Florrick. | 这是关于彼得·福瑞克的 |
[22:40] | Yes, and we are offering | 是的 我们引入 |
[22:42] | Mr. McVeigh’s testimony | 麦克维先生的证词 |
[22:43] | to show Governor Florrick’s state of mind. | 是为了重现福瑞克州长当时的心境 |
[22:45] | His state of mind is irrelevant here. | 他的心境并不重要 |
[22:47] | It-it’s his action… | 是他的行为 |
[22:48] | Governor Florrick had no reason to lose these bullets | 福瑞克州长没理由弄丢这些子弹 |
[22:51] | if he thought they proved Locke’s innocence. | 如果他认为这些子弹能证明洛克的清白 |
[22:53] | In fact, it would be against his interest… | 实际上 这会与他的利益相冲突 |
[22:55] | Your Honor, this is circular… | 法官阁下 这是死循环 |
[23:00] | I’ll allow. | 准许提问 |
[23:00] | He likes her. | 他喜欢她 |
[23:02] | Mr. McVeigh? | 麦克维先生 |
[23:03] | As a respected ballistics expert, | 作为一位为州检察官办公室 |
[23:05] | who has worked for the SA’s office for ten years– | 工作了十年之久的备受尊敬的弹道专家 |
[23:08] | what was your determination about these bullets? | 你对这些子弹的分析结果是什么 |
[23:11] | Well, I should say that my findings were preliminary. | 我应该说我得出的只是初步分析结论 |
[23:17] | But from what I saw, | 但依我所见 |
[23:19] | these bullets did not come from Mr. Locke’s gun. | 这些子弹并不是从洛克先生的手枪里发射的 |
[23:24] | Pardon our dust. | 请原谅这些装修粉尘 |
[23:25] | Pardon our noise. | 还有这些噪音 |
[23:28] | Yeah, the world has changed. | 是啊 世界已经改变 |
[23:29] | People don’t look | 人们现在已经 |
[23:30] | for the same thing in a law firm. | 不在律所里寻求一成不变的服务了 |
[23:32] | They look for a personality. | 他们追寻的是一种个性 |
[23:34] | Which is what we want to supply– | 这正是我们希望能提供的 |
[23:36] | an all-service firm | 一家从女性视角出发的 |
[23:37] | with a female perspective. | 提供全面和全程服务的律所 |
[23:39] | Diane, sorry to interrupt. | 戴安 不好意思打断一下 |
[23:41] | Uh, the Coleman divorce, the bitch is on the line. | 关于科尔曼离婚案 那个贱人打电话过来了 |
[23:44] | She wants to talk to both of us. | 她想和我们两个一起聊聊 |
[23:47] | David, what is your problem? | 大卫 你有什么问题吗 |
[23:49] | My problem? | 我有什么问题 |
[23:50] | Yes, there is no Coleman divorce. | 是的 根本没有什么科尔曼离婚案 |
[23:52] | My problem is I’m an equity partner. | 我的问题是我是权益合伙人 |
[23:53] | You’re spending my money. | 你在花我的钱 |
[23:55] | No, I’m spending our money. | 不 我在花我们的钱 |
[23:57] | There was a vote. | 我们投过票了 |
[23:58] | A vote in a dictatorship is not a vote. | 专制独裁下的投票根本不算数 |
[24:00] | It was a fair vote. | 那是一次公平的投票 |
[24:01] | With women outnumbering men. | 投票的女性人数碾压男性 |
[24:02] | Oh, my God, I’m so sorry, David. | 我的上帝 对不起 大卫 |
[24:04] | The women outnumber the men. | 女性人数碾压男性 |
[24:05] | That must be so hard for you. | 这对你来说肯定不容易 |
[24:06] | It’s not only hard, it’s discriminatory. | 这不仅仅是不容易 这是性别歧视 |
[24:08] | Oh, come on, you know what we were doing. | 拜托 你知道我们在做什么 |
[24:10] | You’ve been on a hiring binge, | 你在大肆疯狂招人 |
[24:12] | and how many men have you interviewed? | 然而你面试了多少男人呢 |
[24:13] | How many male lawyers have you met with? | 你又见了多少男律师呢 |
[24:15] | – I have met with men. – Watch it, Diane. | -我有见男人 -等着瞧吧 戴安 |
[24:17] | There’s a discriminatory suit in your future. | 你未来会被扣上性别歧视的帽子的 |
[24:24] | This is an affidavit from a coworker of Geneva Pine. | 这是一份吉妮瓦·派恩的同事的书面证词 |
[24:27] | He says that Geneva often | 他说吉妮瓦经常 |
[24:29] | bullied her way into other cases. | 强行介入其他案子 |
[24:35] | That’s it? Nothing else? | 就这些吗 没别的了吗 |
[24:37] | Nope. | 没了 |
[24:38] | Just time and dates | 只有时间和日期 |
[24:40] | and she had some issues with back taxes. | 还有一些欠缴税款的问题 |
[24:42] | Nothing about her sleeping with Peter? | 没有什么关于她和彼得有染的证词吗 |
[24:48] | Nothing I could confirm independently. | 没有我可以确认的证词 |
[24:51] | Did you try to confirm it independently? | 你有试过去确认吗 |
[24:58] | I’m just… | 我只是 |
[24:59] | I’m in a awkward position here. | 我处境有点尴尬 |
[25:01] | I know. | 我知道 |
[25:04] | And I think I’m done. | 我觉得我做不了了 |
[25:07] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[25:11] | I can’t be doing this for your husband anymore. | 我不能继续为你丈夫这么做了 |
[25:15] | Investigating. | 调查的事啊 |
[25:19] | We’ll talk after the trial. | 我们等审判完后再好好聊聊 |
[25:22] | Okay. | 好的 |
[25:26] | You’re a student of Mr. McVeigh’s? | 你是麦克维先生的学生吗 |
[25:28] | Yes, for four years. | 是的 跟他学了4年 |
[25:29] | And you were asked to review Mr. McVeigh’s work in his case? | 你被要求去重新审查麦克维先生所做的工作吗 |
[25:32] | – Yes. – Diane? | -是的 -戴安 |
[25:34] | Who is she? | 她是谁 |
[25:35] | Kurt’s favorite. | 库尔特最喜欢的学生 |
[25:36] | Whatever that means. | 不管那是什么意思 |
[25:37] | And what did you find? | 你发现了什么 |
[25:38] | Well, it was quite preliminary. | 分析结论确实相当的初步 |
[25:40] | Mr. McVeigh has only conducted | 麦克维先生只对那些子弹 |
[25:42] | one chemical analysis on the bullets. | 进行了一项化学分析 |
[25:44] | And as Kurt said, before he could make | 而且就如库尔特所说 在他想进行 |
[25:46] | a more thorough examination, | 更详尽的检测之前 |
[25:48] | the bullets went missing. | 子弹就遗失了 |
[25:49] | Did you find any deficiency in his analysis? | 你有在他的分析中发现什么不足吗 |
[25:50] | Objection– calls for speculation. | 反对 引导证人推测 |
[25:52] | Your Honor, as the defense pointed out, | 法官阁下 正如辩方之前所指出的 |
[25:54] | this is not about whether Locke is innocent or guilty. | 这不关洛克是否有罪 |
[25:57] | This is about Peter’s state of mind. | 这是关于彼得当时的心境 |
[25:59] | And therefore, Mr. McVeigh’s work | 因此 麦克维先生所做的工作 |
[26:01] | and how it was presented | 和它是如何呈献给 |
[26:03] | to Peter has a great bearing on this trial. | 彼得的和本次审判有很大的关系 |
[26:05] | But Mr. McVeigh had actual access to the bullets. | 但麦克维先生确实地接触到了这些子弹 |
[26:09] | Ms. Westfall does not… | 而韦斯特福尔小姐并没有 |
[26:09] | Oh, come on, you do not get to benefit | 拜托 你不能从你的委托人 |
[26:11] | from your client’s destruction of evidence! | 毁坏了证据这一点上受益 |
[26:12] | Objection– that mischaracterizes the testimony here. | 反对 曲解证词 |
[26:15] | Okay. You both get a hash mark. | 好了 你们两个各被记了一次 |
[26:17] | Overruled, Ms. Lockhart. | 反对无效 洛克哈特女士 |
[26:18] | You can’t have it both ways! | 你不能两者皆得 |
[26:20] | Thank you, Your Honor. | 谢谢 法官阁下 |
[26:22] | Uh, do you need me to repeat the question? | 你需要我重复问题吗 |
[26:23] | No, I’m good. | 没事 不用 |
[26:25] | I don’t find any deficiencies | 我没有在麦克维先生的 |
[26:27] | in Mr. McVeigh’s analysis of the bullets. | 对那些子弹的分析报告里发现任何不足 |
[26:29] | I do find that he, um– | 不过我倒是发现他 |
[26:32] | how shall I say this– | 我该怎么说呢 |
[26:34] | oversold | 在法庭上 |
[26:36] | his results in court. | 过度夸张了他得出的结论 |
[26:37] | Uh, it is very easy to get a false negative | 用气相色谱分析 |
[26:40] | in gas chromatography, | 结果很容易呈假阴性 |
[26:41] | and I think he may have downplayed that here. | 我认为 他对此有些轻描淡写 |
[26:44] | Are you suggesting | 你在暗示 |
[26:45] | that Mr. McVeigh is lying here, Ms. Westfall? | 麦克维先生说谎了是吗 韦斯特福尔女士 |
[26:47] | No, Kurt is one of the most honest people I know. | 不 库尔特是我认识的最诚实的人之一 |
[26:50] | I… | 我… |
[26:51] | I do think he had reason to spin his results. | 他的确有理由刻意修饰分析结果 |
[26:55] | I think that’s fair, | 这也合理 |
[26:56] | given the make-up of the defense team. | 鉴于他与被告律师的关系 |
[26:59] | Nothing further, Your Honor. | 没有其它问题了 法官阁下 |
[27:12] | Ms. Westfall, even if what you say is true– | 韦斯特福尔女士 就算你说得是事实 |
[27:15] | Mr. McVeigh oversold his conclusions here– | 麦克维对分析结论夸大其词 |
[27:18] | there’s no reason to believe that | 那么就有理由认为 |
[27:20] | he didn’t equally oversell them to Governor Florrick? | 他当时向福瑞克州长汇报时同样也夸大其词了吧 |
[27:25] | Well, I can’t speak to that. | 这个我不便说什么 |
[27:26] | All I can say is that Kurt always tells the truth. | 我只能说 库尔特一向不说谎 |
[27:29] | But this isn’t about Mr. McVeigh. | 但我们讨论的不是麦克维先生 |
[27:31] | This is about Governor Florrick’s state of mind. | 而是福瑞克州长当时的心理状态 |
[27:34] | And if Governor Florrick heard the same thing from Mr. McVeigh | 如果当时麦克维先生向福瑞克州长汇报的内容 |
[27:38] | that we heard here, | 与我们听到的如出一辙 |
[27:39] | he would have no reason to destroy those bullets. | 他就没理由销毁那些子弹了 |
[27:42] | I guess that’s true. | 可以这么说 |
[27:44] | One last question. | 最后一个问题 |
[27:46] | When you’ve worked for the SA’s office, | 你在州检办工作时 |
[27:49] | did the state’s attorney ever handle evidence? | 州检察官处理过证据吗 |
[27:51] | Evidence like these bullets? | 比如子弹这类证据 |
[27:52] | No, never, it was always the prosecutor. | 没 从没有过 都是公诉人处理 |
[27:55] | – So Matan? – No, | -是马坦吗 -不 |
[27:56] | the co-prosecutor handled the evidence, uh… | 是同席的另一位公诉人处理的 |
[28:00] | Cary Agos. | 凯里·艾格斯 |
[28:04] | We didn’t do that. | 不是我们提的 |
[28:06] | We did not point the finger at Cary. | 我们没有非难于凯里 |
[28:08] | And who did? | 那是谁呀 |
[28:10] | It was your lawyer. | 是你们的律师引出来的 |
[28:11] | Tell Cary we’re on the same side. | 告诉凯里 我们的立场一致 |
[28:13] | Well, we were… | 本来是这样… |
[28:16] | until about ten minutes ago. | 直到十分钟前 |
[28:28] | Mr. Agos, did you ever discuss with Governor Florrick | 艾格斯先生 你是否曾与福瑞克州长讨论 |
[28:30] | the ballistics results in the Locke case? | 洛克案的弹道测试结果 |
[28:32] | Yes, I did. | 讨论过 |
[28:33] | And what was the nature of that discussion? | 讨论的主要内容是什么 |
[28:34] | That the bullets connected Locke to the crime | 子弹证明洛克与此案有关 |
[28:36] | and the murder weapon. | 与凶器有关 |
[28:36] | Mr. McVeigh suggested here that | 麦克维先生说 |
[28:38] | he was cautious in his analysis about the bullets. | 他对弹道分析结果很谨慎 |
[28:40] | Yes, he was. | 没错 |
[28:42] | But that’s his way. | 但那是他的方式 |
[28:45] | We knew the bullets damned Peter. | 我们都知道子弹证明了彼得有罪 |
[28:49] | You-you mean Locke? | 你是说洛克吧 |
[28:52] | Yes, my apologies– Locke. | 是 抱歉 是洛克 |
[28:56] | Mr. Agos? | 艾格斯先生 |
[28:57] | – Do you hate the Florricks? – No. | -你讨厌福瑞克一家吗 -不 |
[29:00] | But don’t you have reason to be angry with the Florricks? | 但你不是有理由对福瑞克有怨言吗 |
[29:03] | Yes. | 是的 |
[29:05] | Yes. | 的确 |
[29:07] | You do. | 你有理由 |
[29:08] | So then why should this court take your testimony seriously? | 那么为什么法庭该严肃听取你的证词 |
[29:11] | Because I’m telling the truth. | 因为我说的是事实 |
[29:13] | As you see it? | 从你的角度看吗 |
[29:15] | Yes, of course. | 是的 当然 |
[29:16] | That’s all I have to offer here. | 我只能做到这点 |
[29:18] | The truth as I see it. | 从我的角度看到的事实 |
[29:21] | You didn’t have to do that, Cary. | 你不用那么做的 凯里 |
[29:27] | I never meant you any harm. | 我从来无意伤害你 |
[29:31] | You know, it’s amazing, Alicia. | 话说 真让人惊讶 艾丽西娅 |
[29:35] | After all these years working together, | 一起工作这么多年 |
[29:37] | you still think I would come in here into a court of law | 你还以为我会在法庭之上 |
[29:41] | and perjure myself to hurt you. | 为伤害你而作伪证 |
[29:45] | I was here to tell the truth. | 我来是为了说出真相 |
[29:48] | What are you here to do? | 你来这的目的呢 |
[29:54] | I need to take the stand. | 我得上证人席 |
[29:56] | They want to hear from me. | 众人想听我自辩 |
[29:58] | They need to hear from me. | 他们需要听我说 |
[30:00] | Because I seem like a coward. | 因为我给人感觉像个懦夫 |
[30:02] | You don’t. You seem smart. | 没有 你给人感觉很有智慧 |
[30:03] | The prosecution could rip you apart on cross. | 公诉人的盘问会让你招架不住的 |
[30:07] | I think the jury’s against me. | 我感觉陪审团并不支持我 |
[30:08] | – What do you think? – I think you’re right. | -你觉得呢 -你说的没错 |
[30:11] | I need to testify. | 我需要上证人席自辩 |
[30:13] | Diane? | 戴安 |
[30:18] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[30:20] | We should prep. | 我们得预演一下 |
[30:21] | See how you do. | 看你能做到什么程度 |
[30:28] | You look grumpy. | 你看上去不高兴啊 |
[30:30] | Nope. | 没有 |
[30:32] | This is my happy face. | 这是高兴的表情 |
[30:35] | Peter’s in trouble. | 彼得有麻烦了 |
[30:37] | I think he might go to prison. | 他可能会坐牢 |
[30:39] | You don’t sound that upset about it. | 你这语气没那么难过啊 |
[30:40] | He’s your client. | 他可是你当事人 |
[30:42] | Hey, I’m trying my best. | 我尽了力 |
[30:44] | But the facts just aren’t cooperating. | 可事实不合作嘛 |
[30:49] | How’s Alicia? | 艾丽西娅还好吗 |
[30:50] | A rock. | 坚强得很 |
[30:52] | But if he goes to prison, | 但如果他坐了牢 |
[30:54] | she’ll need a lot of comforting. | 就需要有人好好安慰她 |
[30:59] | Here’s what you don’t understand about Alicia. | 这就是你不了解艾丽西娅了 |
[31:00] | He goes to prison? | 如果他坐牢 |
[31:02] | She’ll never divorce him. | 她永远不会跟他离婚 |
[31:04] | – Ever. – I disagree. | -永远 -我不同意 |
[31:06] | Because you think things are logical. | 你以为事情很有逻辑呢 |
[31:09] | She will visit him every week in prison. | 到时她会每周去监狱看他 |
[31:13] | She will slowly drift away from me. | 与我渐行渐远 |
[31:15] | And she will be the stoic spouse. | 她会做个坚忍的妻子 |
[31:17] | And if he doesn’t go to prison? | 如果他不坐牢呢 |
[31:19] | She’ll divorce him. | 她会跟他离婚 |
[31:21] | And which do you want? | 你希望哪种结局 |
[31:24] | Because | 因为 |
[31:25] | here’s something you don’t seem to understand about yourself. | 这正是你不了解自己的地方 |
[31:29] | You may play the game of being this hard-bitten– | 你可以一副冷酷姿态 |
[31:32] | or is it hard-boiled? | 还是叫刚强姿态 |
[31:34] | One of the hards. | 反正就是硬汉样 |
[31:36] | When you, in fact, | 事实上 你却已 |
[31:39] | have fallen in love. | 坠入爱河 |
[31:45] | Tell me it’s not true. | 不然你就反驳我 |
[31:46] | And I’ll leave you here drinking. | 我就不管你 让你在这儿喝酒 |
[31:48] | All by your lonesome. | 孤单一人 |
[31:52] | It’s not true. | 你说错了 |
[31:55] | I don’t believe you. | 我不相信 |
[31:59] | And take my advice. | 听我的建议 |
[32:00] | Stop playing it cool. | 不要一副淡然的样子 |
[32:04] | You want her? | 你想要她 |
[32:06] | Go to her and say, | 就去告诉她 |
[32:09] | “I want you. | 「我想要你 |
[32:11] | “And I’ll protect you. | 我要保护你 |
[32:14] | “You don’t owe your husband anything. | 你不欠你丈夫什么 |
[32:16] | “Be happy. | 要幸福 |
[32:18] | “Come to me. | 来我这 |
[32:20] | Make me happy.” | 让我幸福」 |
[32:34] | Kurt… | 库尔特… |
[32:36] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[32:40] | I’m so sorry. | 真的对不起 |
[32:43] | I will make you happy every day of your life, | 我要让你每天都幸福 |
[32:47] | but please forgive me. | 但请原谅我 |
[32:52] | Please. | 求你 |
[33:16] | Lloyd Garber donated $5,000 | 2009年劳埃德·加伯给你的政治行动组织 |
[33:18] | to your PAC in 2009, is that correct? | 捐了5000美金 对吗 |
[33:20] | – That’s correct. – But in 2013, | -没错 -但在2013年 |
[33:23] | a year after Richard Locke’s mistrial, | 理查德·洛克案被宣布审判无效一年后 |
[33:26] | Lloyd Garber’s donations quadrupled. | 劳埃德·加伯的捐款翻了四倍 |
[33:29] | Can you explain? | 你能解释一下吗 |
[33:31] | I cannot. | 不能 |
[33:32] | Lloyd Garber and I never discussed money. | 我和劳埃德·加伯从不谈钱 |
[33:34] | There was no tit for tat? | 没有礼尚往来吗 |
[33:35] | “You get my son off for murder | 「你让我儿子免担杀人罪名 |
[33:36] | and I’ll increase my financial support”? | 我为你增加资金支持」 |
[33:38] | I-I believe I already answered that question. | 我已经回答过这个问题 |
[33:41] | No. Too belligerent. | 不行 敌意太强 |
[33:44] | You’re the governor. | 你是州长 |
[33:45] | Be dignified. | 有点威严 |
[33:46] | He’s going to ask it, | 他一定会问 |
[33:47] | and he’s going to ask it more than once. | 而且不止一次 |
[33:50] | There was no tit for tat. | 没有礼尚往来 |
[33:51] | There were never any strings or conditions | 劳埃德·加伯或其他任何人的捐款 |
[33:53] | attached to Lloyd Garber’s, or anyone else’s, contributions. | 都从没有任何附加条件 |
[33:56] | As a man who was convicted | 你挪用州立基金嫖娼 |
[33:57] | of using state funds to pay for prostitutes, | 罪名成立 |
[34:00] | why should we take your word for anything? | 我们凭什么相信你的话 |
[34:02] | My attorney would object to that. | 我律师会反对这个问题 |
[34:04] | And Judge Cuesta overrules. | 奎斯特法官宣布反对无效 |
[34:08] | My conviction was overturned | 我的罪名已被免除 |
[34:09] | and I was fully exonerated. | 后来无罪释放 |
[34:11] | So are you saying that you never paid for prostitutes? | 你是说你从没嫖娼吗 |
[34:13] | Never cheated on your wife? | 从没偷过情 |
[34:14] | Haven’t broken every promise you’ve ever made? | 从未失信于人吗 |
[34:20] | It goes to character. | 这些都是在追问平哥 |
[34:22] | To your trustworthiness. | 事关你证词的可信度 |
[34:29] | I believe I’ve been up front about this. | 我想我已经详细回答过这个问题了 |
[34:32] | I did pay for prostitutes, I did cheat on my wife, | 我的确有招过妓 也确实出轨了 |
[34:35] | and I have worked every day | 而我每天辛勤工作 |
[34:36] | to make up for those indiscretions. | 就是为了弥补这些过失 |
[34:39] | – So would you agree… – I’m not finished. | -所以你是否同意… -我还没说完 |
[34:41] | And that is one of the reasons why, | 这也是为什么 |
[34:44] | when I was voted back into office, | 当我重新当选州检察官时 |
[34:46] | I spent every day trying to make sure | 我把每一天都用来确保 |
[34:49] | there was not a single bad conviction. | 不会再有不公正的判决诞生 |
[34:51] | Because I saw what bad convictions did to families, | 因为我知道不公正的判决是如何影响一个家庭 |
[34:55] | did to me, | 影响我 |
[34:58] | did to my wife. | 影响我的妻子 |
[35:00] | And I swore that I would never | 于是我发誓我绝不会 |
[35:03] | let that ever happen again. | 再让类似的事情发生 |
[35:07] | Is that true? | 这是真的吗 |
[35:09] | Yes, Counselor, that is true. | 是的 律师 句句属实 |
[35:13] | It’s also true that I micromanaged this case. | 同样属实的是我亲自干涉了这个案件 |
[35:17] | Guilty. | 这是事实 |
[35:18] | But that’s what you should want | 但这应该是人们乐意在 |
[35:20] | from a state’s attorney. | 州检察官身上看到的 |
[35:21] | Someone who won’t accept excuses | 人们想要一个不会为 |
[35:24] | for a failure to Mirandize | 没有宣读权利或没做好 |
[35:26] | or allow for bad evidence collection. | 证据采集工作而找借口的州检察官 |
[35:29] | Someone who loses bullets? | 一个会弄丢子弹证据的检察官呢 |
[35:30] | – That was just a mistake. – You say that you have worked | -一时疏忽而已 -你说你每天辛勤工作 |
[35:33] | hard every day to make up for | 就是为了弥补 |
[35:35] | the indiscretions of the past… | 之前的过错… |
[35:39] | but we have evidence | 但我方有证据表明 |
[35:40] | that you were having a longtime affair | 你曾与人保持长时间婚外情关系 |
[35:41] | – with not only a fellow prosecutor… – We would object here. | -对方不单是你的同事 -我方会提出反对的 |
[35:44] | Yes, and Judge Cuesta doesn’t like you. He would allow. | 好 可奎斯特法官讨厌你 他会允许提问的 |
[35:47] | At what point are we playing husband and wife here, | 在这里我们到底什么时候是夫妻 |
[35:49] | and at what point lawyers? | 什么时候是律师和被告 |
[35:51] | All points. | 一直都是啊 |
[35:52] | Because here’s the thing: | 因为问题是这样的 |
[35:53] | you get up on that stand, | 你一旦走上证人席 |
[35:55] | and every past indiscretion | 过去所有的不光彩 |
[35:57] | will be determined admissible. | 都会受到合理的质询 |
[36:00] | – Your sleeping with Geneva Pine. – I didn’t sleep | -你和吉妮瓦·派恩上床 -我没 |
[36:02] | – with Geneva… – Your sleeping with Marilyn Garbanza. | -和吉妮瓦… -和玛丽莲·戈班扎上床 |
[36:03] | – I didn’t sleep with… – Your sleeping with Ramona Lytton. | -我没和… -和拉蒙娜·利顿上床 |
[36:06] | And you sleeping with Will Gardner | 你还不是和威尔·加德纳上床 |
[36:08] | and you sleeping with your investigator! | 和你的调查员乱搞 |
[36:15] | I’m not on trial, buddy. | 可受审的人不是我啊 老兄 |
[36:18] | Are you saying you didn’t sleep with Geneva Pine? | 你是说你没和吉妮瓦·派恩发生过关系吗 |
[36:20] | That’s exactly what I’m saying. | 说得没错 |
[36:21] | And these prostitutes, you never slept with any of them, either? | 那些妓女 你也未和任何一人发生关系吗 |
[36:23] | I believe I’ve already admitted to that. | 我想我已经承认过此事了 |
[36:25] | Oh, well, good, good, | 很好很好 |
[36:26] | at least you admitted to that. | 至少你承认那件事了 |
[36:27] | – That makes it okay, then. – Objection. | -这样就让事情合情合理了呢 -反对 |
[36:29] | What I don’t understand is what this has to do | 我不明白这和我当州检察官时的 |
[36:31] | with my performance as the state’s attorney. | 工作表现有什么关系 |
[36:32] | Because your performance is directly connected | 因为你的工作表现与你前前后后的 |
[36:34] | to your actions before and after. | 行为直接相关 |
[36:36] | You said yourself you learned from your mistakes, | 你说你已经从之前的过错中得到了教训 |
[36:38] | that’s why you were such a diligent S.A. | 因此你才如此辛勤的工作 |
[36:39] | Objection, Your Honor. Where is the question? | 反对 法官阁下 对方问题到底是什么 |
[36:41] | Here it is. | 问题就是 |
[36:43] | You have lied so much, Mr. Florrick, | 你撒过太多谎了 福瑞克先生 |
[36:45] | why should any of us ever believe you again? | 我们为什么要相信你 |
[36:47] | Because I went to prison. | 因为我入过狱 |
[36:50] | Because I was wrongly convicted. | 因为我所受到的判决并不公平 |
[36:51] | I didn’t ask for a speech… | 我可没让你发表演说… |
[36:52] | You asked a question. | 可你让我回答问题 |
[36:55] | I’m answering it. | 而我正在回答 |
[36:58] | Am I a flawed individual? | 我有缺点吗 |
[37:01] | Yes. | 有 |
[37:03] | Have I done things in my personal life that I regret? | 我有后悔自己做过的一些事情吗 |
[37:09] | Yes, deeply. | 有 非常后悔 |
[37:12] | But I never wanted anyone | 但我绝不想让任何人 |
[37:14] | to go through what I went through | 再受一遍我受的罪 |
[37:16] | and that is why I was a hard-ass state’s attorney. | 因此我成为了一名非常强硬的州检察官 |
[37:21] | That’s why I threw out bad confessions. | 因此我排除不合格的供述 |
[37:24] | That’s why I micromanaged. | 因此我亲自干涉案件 |
[37:29] | But that’s when I was at my best. | 但那时我状态最好 |
[37:33] | That’s when I was most honorable. | 那是我最问心无愧 |
[37:43] | The 12 of you should give fair | 诸位应该对所有证据 |
[37:45] | and equal consideration to all the evidence | 给予同样且充分的考虑 |
[37:48] | and deliberate with the goal of reaching an agreement. | 并且以达成共识为目标来进行商榷 |
[37:50] | Your sole interest | 你们要做的事 |
[37:52] | is to determine whether the government | 是确定政府一方是否基于合理怀疑 |
[37:54] | has proved its case beyond a reasonable doubt. | 来证实了他们在本案中的控诉 |
[37:57] | Good luck. | 祝你们好运 |
[38:03] | Now, the stairs will start here | 楼梯会从这里开始 |
[38:05] | and expand out as they get higher, | 并将在上升过程中不断扩宽 |
[38:07] | connecting to the north side of the 29th floor… | 再连接29楼的北部 |
[38:09] | And it will be all woman, | 而且从北到南 |
[38:11] | – from the north to the south. – David, just go back to your office. | -那里全是女的 -大卫 快回你的办公室里 |
[38:13] | I will, as soon as you sign this EEOC complaint. | 可以 只要你把平等就业机会委员会的控诉签了 |
[38:16] | Oh, come on, David. | 别这样 大卫 |
[38:17] | What? I have just as much right to complain as any minority. | 怎么 我和其它少数群体一样拥有控诉的权力啊 |
[38:20] | – Ms. Lockhart? – Yes. | -洛克哈特女士 -我就是 |
[38:21] | I’m Greg Cady from the Department of Buildings. | 我是建筑部的格雷格·卡迪 |
[38:24] | I’m here for a Certificate of Occupancy inspection. | 我是来进行建筑物入住检查的 |
[38:27] | And we’ve run into an issue of compliance. | 而我们也确实检查出了一些问题 |
[38:29] | – Meaning? – Meaning somebody on your demolition crew | -什么意思 -意思是你们拆迁小组里有人 |
[38:31] | took out the load-bearing wall for the 29th floor. | 把29楼的承重墙给拆了 |
[38:35] | – They did? – Yes. | -真的吗 -真的 |
[38:36] | Does that mean our new floor could come | 这是不是意味着上面这层 |
[38:37] | – crashing down on our heads? – Yes. | -有可能崩塌然后砸到我们头上 -是的 |
[38:39] | – You’re kidding. – No, unfortunately. | -这是在说笑吧 -很可惜不是 |
[38:41] | You’ll have to evacuate to the 27th floor. | 你们得疏散到27楼 |
[38:43] | Uh… when? | 什么时候 |
[38:46] | Now. | 现在 |
[39:13] | Two years. | 刑期两年 |
[39:14] | I came down from eight. I’m not going lower. | 原本是八年的 不可能再低了 |
[39:16] | I’d rather see what the jury does. | 我倒想看看陪审团会怎么判 |
[39:18] | And you know the jury | 你也知道陪审团 |
[39:18] | will probably do a lot more. | 可能会把刑期大大加长 |
[39:20] | I’ll ask him. | 我会问他的 |
[39:22] | If I were you, I’d do a lot more than ask. | 是我的话 可就不止简单问问了 |
[39:24] | Take it to him. | 到他面前 |
[39:26] | And sell it. | 说服他 |
[39:27] | Before the jury comes back. | 不然陪审团要公布结果了 |
[39:32] | We’re not giving up. | 我们不会放弃的 |
[39:33] | We’re working different angles. | 我们换不同的角度进行辩护 |
[39:35] | Mike Tascioni found a criminal case | 迈克·塔肖尼发现98年 |
[39:36] | against an S.A. In DuPage County | 在杜佩奇县有一件 |
[39:38] | in ’98 that was thrown out. | 刑事案被撤销了 |
[39:40] | He thinks we can mine it for a precedent. | 他认为我们可以把它当作先例 |
[39:42] | Eli, can you give us a minute? | 伊莱 能让我俩单独聊聊吗 |
[39:47] | Yes, of course. I’m so sorry. | 当然没问题了 我很抱歉 |
[40:08] | Can I make a confession to you? | 我能向你坦白吗 |
[40:11] | Sure. | 当然 |
[40:14] | I never liked wine. | 我从来都不爱喝红酒 |
[40:17] | I only drank it ’cause you liked it. | 我会喝只是因为你喜欢喝 |
[40:19] | I was always a Scotch guy. | 我喜欢喝的是苏格兰威士忌 |
[40:20] | I guess I inherited that from my father. | 应该是我爸遗传给我的 |
[40:24] | – Well, I can fix you a Scotch. – No. | -那我给你倒杯苏格兰威士忌吧 -别 |
[40:27] | It’s grown on me. | 已经习惯了 |
[40:36] | Two years. | 两年 |
[40:40] | Oh, God… | 天呐… |
[40:42] | I was in there for only eight months | 之前我只在狱里呆了八个月 |
[40:43] | and almost died. | 就差点死了 |
[40:45] | Wait for the verdict, Peter. | 咱们耐心等判决吧 彼得 |
[40:47] | I do that, | 要等的话 |
[40:48] | I may actually die in prison. | 我可能真的会死在监狱里 |
[40:51] | Ten years. | 刑期十年的话 |
[40:56] | What did you think of the jury? | 你觉得陪审团那边怎么想 |
[41:00] | I think they were judging us. | 我想他们在对我们评头论足 |
[41:02] | But I think your speech at the end went over well. | 但你最后的演说真的很有力 |
[41:07] | I was always good with a speech. | 我一直很擅长演说 |
[41:12] | There’s no good answer, is there? | 不会有好的判决结果 是吧 |
[41:18] | I don’t know what to say. | 我也不知道该怎么说 |
[41:25] | I’m not good at gambling. | 我直觉想来不准「不会赌博」 |
[41:30] | Don’t decide yet, Peter. | 别急着做决定 彼得 |
[41:33] | The jury’s retired. | 陪审团可能讨论累了 |
[41:35] | Just… sleep on it. | 先…休息吧 |
[41:42] | I’m gonna take the deal. | 我想接受认罪协议 |
[41:47] | It’s the smart thing to do. | 这样做更明智 |
[41:52] | Two years. | 只用两年 |
[41:54] | I’ll get out, | 我就能出来 |
[41:57] | write a book, start over. | 出本书 从头再来 |
[42:02] | Are you gonna come visit me? | 你会来探视我吗 |
[42:05] | I will. | 会的 |
[42:09] | The hardest thing is being forgotten. | 被人遗忘才是最可怕的事情 |
[42:14] | I won’t forget. | 我不会忘记你的 |
[42:19] | Okay. | 好 |
[42:34] | What? | 怎么了 |
[42:36] | The jury’s back. | 陪审团出来了 |