时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:08] | We’re headed to court now. | 我们正在去法庭的路上 |
[00:10] | Dad is taking the plea agreement. | 你爸爸准备接受认罪协议了 |
[00:11] | – The donors! – Grace. | -赞助者们 -格蕾丝 |
[00:13] | I want them to hear it from the governor himself. | 我希望他们听州长自己说 |
[00:13] | There’s going to be a two week delay. | 可能会推迟一两周 |
[00:15] | Wait, this is the right thing to do. | 等等 这是正确的决定 |
[00:18] | Two years. | 两年 |
[00:18] | That’s the lowest we could get. | 这是我们能争取到的最低服刑时间了 |
[00:21] | No, it was before the verdict came in. Why? | 不 这是在宣判之前达成的 怎么了 |
[00:25] | Hold on. | 等等 |
[00:27] | Diane thinks we’d better get on with the AUSA, | 戴安认为我们跟助理检察官联系一下 |
[00:29] | make sure he’s still holding to the plea deal. | 确保他还是愿意提供这份认罪协议 |
[00:31] | Why? | 为什么 |
[00:31] | Wait. G-Grace, hold on. | 等等 格蕾丝 先别挂 |
[00:34] | Has she heard something? | 她听到了什么风声吗 |
[00:35] | No, but she worries about the verdict coming in so fast. | 没有 她担心判决出来得那么快 |
[00:37] | That’s usually pro-prosecution. | 这通常是偏向起诉方的判决 |
[00:39] | Grace, I’m going to have to call you back. | 格蕾丝 我一会再打给你 |
[00:41] | I knew he’d find some way to screw us. | 我就知道他会想法子整我们 |
[00:43] | We agreed, | 我们达成了协议 |
[00:44] | Peter would take a two years plea. | 彼得接受两年刑期的认罪协议 |
[00:46] | That’s a sitting governor, | 这可是现任的州长 |
[00:48] | agreeing to a two year prison sentence. | 愿意去监狱里面服两年的刑期 |
[00:49] | The jury was out one hour. | 陪审团一个小时就出来了 |
[00:50] | You and I both know that means a guilty verdict. | 你我都心知肚明这是有罪判决 |
[00:52] | No. We don’t know anything. | 不 我们什么都不知道 |
[00:55] | We know I’m not the one running scared to you. | 我们都知道我不是想要吓唬你 |
[00:57] | I want four years. | 四年刑期 |
[00:59] | No. | 不行 |
[01:02] | My client would rather roll the dice. | 我的客户宁愿赌一赌 |
[01:03] | Your client is risking ten years in prison with a guilty verdict. | 如果是有罪裁决的话 你的客户要服十年刑 |
[01:07] | Ten years… | 十年… |
[01:08] | away from his kids, | 无法陪伴孩子 |
[01:09] | away from you. | 无法陪伴你 |
[01:10] | Why don’t you ask the Blagojevich family | 你不如去问问布拉戈耶维奇家的人 |
[01:10] | 罗德·布拉戈耶维奇 因倒卖伊利诺伊州参议员职位被判处十四年刑期 | |
[01:12] | how well they’re holding up? | 他们过得怎么样吧 |
[01:16] | You think you can play the emotional card with me? | 你觉得打感情牌对我有用吗 |
[01:20] | You think I’m going to break down and cry? | 你以为我会崩溃然后失声痛哭吗 |
[01:23] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[01:25] | Do I look like I’m breaking down? | 我看起来像是要崩溃的样子吗 |
[01:30] | – Three years. – No. | -三年 -不行 |
[01:32] | But here’s what we’ll give you. | 但是我们愿意这样 |
[01:33] | An immediate surrender. | 立即认罪 |
[01:35] | Today. Within the hour. | 就今天 一个小时之内 |
[01:37] | Peter surrenders in court. | 彼得向法庭认罪 |
[01:39] | No press conference. | 不召开新闻发布会 |
[01:40] | No talk about how you smeared his family. | 不许谈论你是如何抹黑他的家人 |
[01:42] | You get the press cycle all to yourself, | 媒体你自己去对付 |
[01:44] | and that’s the best I’ll offer. | 这就是我给你的条件 |
[01:53] | But, Dad, you have to fight this. | 但是 爸爸 你不能就这样认罪 |
[01:55] | I can’t risk being away from you until you’re 30. | 我不能冒险 不想等到你三十岁才能出来 |
[01:59] | It’s two years. | 这可是两年 |
[02:01] | I’m going to be at your graduation, in the front row. | 我会坐在前排参加你的毕业典礼的 |
[02:07] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[02:09] | I can’t go to college now. | 我不能现在去上大学 |
[02:11] | Grace. You will go. | 格蕾丝 你得去 |
[02:14] | You have to make us proud. | 你得让我们为你骄傲 |
[02:15] | You have to make your mom forget this. | 你得让你妈妈忘了这件事 |
[02:17] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[02:19] | Okay. | 好 |
[02:20] | Now I got to go comfort Eli. | 我现在得去安抚伊莱了 |
[02:28] | – Thank you. – What for? | -谢谢你 -谢我什么 |
[02:30] | I didn’t do anything. | 我什么事情都没有做 |
[02:31] | You stuck by me through the presidential. | 谢谢你在总统竞选的时候站在我左右 |
[02:34] | I made a mistake there with you, | 我那时在你的事情上犯了错误 |
[02:35] | and I’m sorry for that. | 我为此道歉 |
[02:41] | All rise. The Honorable Judge | 全体起立 由尊敬的法官 |
[02:43] | Richard Cuesta presiding. | 理查德·奎斯特主持宣判 |
[02:49] | So I understand we have a plea deal. | 据我所知双方达成了认罪协议 |
[02:52] | We do, Your Honor. | 是的 法官阁下 |
[02:53] | Governor Florrick, you are accused of bribery, | 福瑞克州长 你被指控 |
[02:56] | obstruction of justice, | 在帕蒂·坦尼斯顿被谋杀一案中 |
[02:58] | and wire fraud, in the matter of the murder trial | 犯有贿赂 妨碍司法公正 |
[03:01] | of Patty Tanniston. | 以及远程诈骗罪 |
[03:03] | Now, in accepting this plea, | 你接受这个认罪协议 |
[03:05] | you acknowledge willfully arranging the mistrial | 承认故意安排了被指控谋杀了她的凶手 |
[03:08] | of her accused murderer, Richard Locke, | 理查德·洛克的无效审判 |
[03:11] | in exchange for the political contributions of his father. | 以换取他父亲提供的政治捐款 |
[03:15] | And, uh, you… um… | 与此同时 你 |
[03:21] | Your Honor? | 法官阁下 |
[03:26] | Before turning to your plea, there is another matter. | 在继续讨论你认罪一事之前 还有一件事 |
[03:32] | The jury has not yet reached a verdict. | 陪审团尚未作出裁定 |
[03:35] | – But they do have a question. – What does that mean? | -但他们有一个问题 -那是什么意思 |
[03:37] | Your Honor, the jury’s question | 法官阁下 既然我们已经达成认罪协议 |
[03:38] | is no longer relevant given our plea arrangement. | 陪审团的问题就不再与本案相关联了 |
[03:40] | Actually, the plea has not been entered yet. | 实际上 认罪协议还没有进入抗辩环节 |
[03:42] | Well, we were in the midst of entering it, so… | 我们正在抗辩进行过程中 |
[03:44] | Yes, but it appears that the | 是的 但看来似乎 |
[03:45] | defendant is rejecting the plea deal. Is that correct? | 被告方要回绝认罪协议了 我说的对吗 |
[03:49] | – It is, Your Honor. – Okay. | -是的 法官阁下 -好的 |
[03:49] | Well, then let’s listen to the question that the jury has. | 那我们来听听陪审团提出的这个问题吧 |
[03:53] | I mean, I’m excited about this. | 我的意思是 这样的发展还挺让我兴奋的 |
[03:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[03:59] | From the jury: “We have read | 陪审团是这么说的 我们已经阅读了 |
[04:00] | the transcripts of the victim’s 911 call, | 被害者拨打的报警电话的书面文稿 |
[04:04] | but we would like to hear the call itself.” | 但我们还是想能听听电话音频 |
[04:07] | Is that possible? | 可以办到吗 |
[04:08] | Your Honor, sidebar, please? | 法官阁下 申请法庭侧议 |
[04:09] | Let’s go. | 好的开始吧 |
[04:14] | Why is that good? | 为什么这是件好事 |
[04:16] | Because they’re focusing on the murder | 因为他们现在关注的是谋杀案 |
[04:17] | and not Dad’s guilt. | 而不是你爸爸的罪行 |
[04:19] | And we want that? | 我们希望这样吗 |
[04:20] | ‘Cause we want… want to distract them? | 因为我们希望能转移他们的注意力吗 |
[04:23] | But that doesn’t mean Dad is guilty. | 但那不意味着你爸爸就是有罪的 |
[04:25] | I know. You don’t have to sugarcoat it. | 我知道 你不需要美化这件事 |
[04:29] | I need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[04:31] | Look, stop playing coy and get in here and help. | 听着 别害羞了快进来帮忙 |
[04:33] | I thought the verdict was coming down. | 我以为判决已经下来了 |
[04:35] | No, the jury has a question. | 不 陪审团提出了一个问题 |
[04:37] | This is not over. | 这案子还没完 |
[04:40] | 911. Where’s the emergency? | 这里是911 哪里出了紧急状况 |
[04:42] | Hi, yeah, I think somebody’s trying to break in. | 我觉得有人试图闯入我家 |
[04:44] | Where are you, ma’am? | 你在哪里 女士 |
[04:46] | 865 Heylan Avenue. | 赫兰大道865号 |
[04:47] | There are some noises outside my window. | 我窗户外面有些声音 |
[04:49] | Heylan Avenue. And what are you hearing, ma’am? | 赫兰大道 你听到了什么 女士 |
[04:51] | I think somebody’s trying to get in. | 我觉得有人在试图进来 |
[04:53] | I heard the locks being turned. | 我听到锁被撬的声音 |
[04:54] | My boyfriend was supposed to be back, but he called… | 我男朋友本该回来的 但他打电话说 |
[04:56] | Are you someplace safe, ma’am? | 你在安全的地方吗 女士 |
[04:57] | Have you set all your locks? | 你把所有的锁都锁好了吗 |
[04:59] | Yes, but just… There it is again. | 是的 但是 声音又来了 |
[05:01] | Are you there, ma’am? | 你还在吗 女士 |
[05:02] | Someone’s trying to get in. Wait, one second. | 有人在试图进来 等一下 |
[05:04] | Ma’am. | 女士 |
[05:06] | – Are you there, ma’am? Ma’am? – Yeah, I just… | -你还在吗 女士 -在的 我只是 |
[05:10] | I’m here. Hold on. | 我在 别挂电话 |
[05:11] | Are you sending someone? | 你们派人过来了吗 |
[05:12] | Yes, ma’am. Just stay on the phone. | 好的 女士 请不要挂机 |
[05:14] | Wait! No! No! | 等等 不 不 |
[05:17] | And there you have it. | 好了你们都听到了 |
[05:18] | The 911 call. | 这就是报警电话的内容 |
[05:20] | Tad, if you would escort them back to the jury room, please. | 泰德 请将他们送回陪审团室 |
[05:28] | Uh, excuse me, is there something else? | 不好意思 还有什么问题吗 |
[05:29] | Yes. I’m sorry, Your Honor. | 是的 不好意思 法官阁下 |
[05:32] | We do have one more question. | 我们的确还有一个问题 |
[05:35] | Yes. | 请说 |
[05:35] | At the 48 second mark, | 在通话记录文件的48秒处 |
[05:37] | in the transcript, there’s a sound listed as “Inaudible noise.” | 有一个声音被列为「模糊杂音」 |
[05:39] | What is it? | 那是什么 |
[05:42] | – Your Honor. – Sidebar, Your Honor. | -法官阁下 -申请法庭侧议 法官阁下 |
[05:45] | – Ma’am? – Yeah, I just… | -女士 -在的 我只是 |
[05:48] | – Ma’am? – Yeah, I just… | -女士 -在的 我只是 |
[05:51] | – Ma’am? – Yeah, I just… | -女士 -在的 我只是 |
[05:53] | Is that the sound at 48 seconds? | 那就是第48秒的那个声音吗 |
[05:55] | – Ma’am? – Yeah, I just… | -女士 -在的 我只是 |
[05:56] | What is it? | 是什么声音 |
[05:58] | How are you going to find out? | 你要怎么弄清楚 |
[06:03] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[06:05] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[06:21] | It’s a ringtone. | 那是个铃声 |
[06:22] | It’s a freaking ringtone. | 那是个铃声 |
[06:25] | Someone else’s. | 是别人的铃声 |
[06:27] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[06:28] | She was using her cell to call 911. | 她在用她的手机报警 |
[06:36] | Your Honor, they want to re-open this case. | 法官阁下 他们想要重审这个案子 |
[06:37] | It was argued. We had closing arguments. | 可案件已经审理并结案了 |
[06:39] | We are merely trying to satisfy the jury’s questions. | 我们只是想满足陪审团的要求 |
[06:41] | No, you’re not, Diane. Don’t play innocent. | 不是这样的 戴安 不要装无辜 |
[06:43] | You’re trying to shout down the other evidence | 你们想用这个闹剧来冲淡 |
[06:45] | – with this melodrama. – Exactly. | -其他证据的影响力 -就是这样 |
[06:47] | We’re not the ones asking the question, Your Honor. | 问题不是我们问的 法官阁下 |
[06:48] | The jury is. They obviously have some probative value. | 是陪审团问的 这些问题肯定是有证据价值的 |
[06:51] | Well, first of all, do we even know what this | 首先 我们知道这个 |
[06:53] | “Inaudible noise” was? | 「模糊杂音」是什么吗 |
[06:54] | We do. | 我们知道 |
[06:56] | Okay. Then this is what I want. | 好吧 那我们这么办 |
[06:57] | Bring me legal arguments tomorrow morning | 明天早上把关于陪审团是否应该听这项证据的 |
[07:00] | as to whether the jury should hear this evidence, | 法律论据交给我 |
[07:02] | and the jury will delay their deliberations until then. | 而陪审团会推迟到那时再宣布结果 |
[07:06] | No. | 别说了 |
[07:08] | It’s a ringtone. | 那是个铃声 |
[07:09] | How did you find that out? | 你怎么发现的 |
[07:10] | I didn’t. Jason did. | 不是我 是杰森发现的 |
[07:11] | I thought Jason wasn’t working on this. | 杰森不是没有调查这个案子吗 |
[07:13] | He wasn’t. I asked him to. | 他的确没有 我请他来的 |
[07:15] | He thinks we could imply someone else was there. | 他觉得我们可以暗示有其他人在场 |
[07:17] | Well, it will keep the jury occupied. | 这会吸引陪审团的注意力 |
[07:19] | They seem to want to chase the murder. | 他们似乎想要找出凶手 |
[07:21] | Question is, will Cuesta let it in. | 问题是 奎斯特会接受录音吗 |
[07:22] | Diane, my second year… | 戴安 我进律所的第二年 |
[07:24] | we argued something similar to this… A bribery case? | 我们打了个类似的案子 受贿案吧 |
[07:26] | Do you have the research? I could probably find it. | 资料还在吗 我估计能找出来 |
[07:27] | It was 2010. Something with Sweeney. | 是2010年的事 有关斯威尼的 |
[07:30] | – Do we have it online? – The briefs, not the notes. | -我们存到网上了吗 -存了简报 笔记没有 |
[07:32] | You may want to check the file cabinets. | 你可能要去档案室看看 |
[07:34] | Looks like an all-nighter digging up precedents, | 看起来我们得彻夜找案例了 |
[07:36] | so let’s get started. | 赶紧开始吧 |
[07:39] | You should probably thank Jason. | 你最好谢谢杰森 |
[07:41] | I will. | 我会的 |
[07:48] | You should probably thank him now. | 你最好现在就谢谢他 |
[07:52] | I will, Lucca. | 我会的 卢卡 |
[07:55] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 |
[07:58] | Jason thinks that if Peter goes to prison, | 杰森觉得如果彼得入狱 |
[08:01] | you’ll never divorce him. | 你就不会和他离婚了 |
[08:03] | What? | 什么 |
[08:05] | Jason just thinks… | 杰森觉得… |
[08:06] | No, I heard what you said, I… | 不是这个 我听到你说的了 我… |
[08:08] | – What does that even mean? – It means, | -这话什么意思 -意思是 |
[08:11] | you don’t want to kick a man when he’s down. | 你不会在一个男人失意时落井下石 |
[08:14] | Okay, and by man, are we meaning Jason? | 好吧 这个男人 是指杰森吗 |
[08:18] | No. Peter. | 不 彼得 |
[08:20] | You tend to confuse responsibility and love. | 你常常将责任和爱混淆 |
[08:22] | I… | 我… |
[08:26] | Is Jason saying all this? | 这些都是杰森说的吗 |
[08:28] | Some of it. I added a few bits. | 一部分 我添油加醋了一下 |
[08:31] | Just think about it. | 好好想想 |
[08:32] | Who do you want to come home to? | 你想回家时见到谁 |
[08:35] | Every night. | 每天晚上 |
[08:37] | Who do you want to see when you open your door? | 你开门时想看到的人是谁 |
[08:43] | Lucca, it’s not up to me. | 卢卡 这由不得我 |
[08:45] | Jason wants his freedom. | 杰森想要自由 |
[08:47] | Talk to him. | 和他谈谈 |
[08:48] | What will that do? | 有什么用呢 |
[08:50] | Talk to him. | 和他谈谈 |
[11:16] | My God. | 天哪 |
[11:22] | Stupid. | 太蠢了 |
[11:48] | 警告 不得靠近 楼梯危险 | |
[12:22] | I can’t read that. | 我不会读 |
[12:24] | What’s that say? | 这写的什么 |
[12:25] | It says U.S. V. Nunez. | 写的是「努涅斯案」 |
[12:29] | Oh. Of course. U.S. V Nunez. How could I forget? | 当然了 「努涅斯案」 我怎么能忘 |
[12:32] | It’s the St. Jude of precedents. | 这是先例里的王牌 |
[12:34] | – Lost causes. – You’ve had your closing argument, | -败局已定 -你说完结案陈词 |
[12:36] | the judge instructs the jury, | 法官让陪审团做出决定 |
[12:37] | you think it’s over, right? | 你以为这就结束了是吗 |
[12:38] | – But it’s not. – Nothing’s ever over. Remember that. | -但其实没有 -记住 一切永无结束之时 |
[12:41] | Nothing. | 一切 |
[12:42] | A case may be reopened when the party so moving | 任何一个案子都可能重新审理 |
[12:45] | provides a reasonable explanation for failure | 只要能给不能提供案件主要证据 |
[12:48] | to present the evidence in its case-in… chief. | 提出合理的解释 |
[12:52] | – You remembered all that? – Hey, I was | -你都记得 -我可没 |
[12:53] | the one awake in criminal procedure. | 在刑事诉讼课上睡觉 |
[12:55] | – I was awake. – No, you were not. | -我也没睡 -你有 |
[12:57] | You were always… drunk, | 你整天醉醺醺的 |
[13:00] | lolling around. | 无所事事 |
[13:01] | That is so not true. | 才不是真的 |
[13:02] | And I’ve never lolled in my life. | 我这辈子从没无所事事过 |
[13:04] | Okay. Tell me the name of our professor. | 好吧 那你说说我们教授叫什么名字 |
[13:09] | Oh, come on, you don’t remember his name. | 少来 你也不记得他的名字 |
[13:11] | I do. Professor Stone. | 当然记得 斯通教授 |
[13:18] | What? | 怎么 |
[13:20] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[13:22] | It’s just really good to see you again. | 只是很高兴又再见到你 |
[13:25] | Again? | 又 |
[13:27] | Where was I? | 我不是一直在这儿吗 |
[13:36] | You wouldn’t like it here now. | 你不会喜欢现在的律所 |
[13:38] | Things have gotten sad. | 一切都变得很糟糕 |
[13:39] | Hmm, things were pretty sad when I was here. | 我在这儿的时候就已经够糟糕了 |
[13:41] | No. They were never sad. | 不 以前一直都好好的 |
[13:44] | Us hating each other? | 我们恨对方吗 |
[13:46] | Did you really hate me? | 你真的恨我吗 |
[13:48] | Oh, yeah. | 是啊 |
[13:51] | – So what do I do? – I told you. | -那我该怎么做 -我告诉你了 |
[13:53] | – U.S. V. Nunez. – No. | -「努涅斯案」 -不 |
[13:55] | – In life. – Oh, that. | -生活上 -你说这个 |
[13:57] | I don’t know. I was never very good at that. | 我不知道 我从来就不擅长此道 |
[13:58] | Yes, you were. | 不 你擅长 |
[14:00] | You always made it look so easy. | 你总能让生活变得简单 |
[14:06] | Why didn’t I come to you? | 我为什么没和你在一起 |
[14:09] | What did you say? | 你以前怎么说来的 |
[14:12] | “It was romantic because it didn’t happen. | 没发生过的才是最浪漫的 |
[14:17] | So you got a little bit of both.” | 所以你应该都体验一点 |
[14:20] | Life. Us together. | 生活 我们在一起 |
[14:23] | And now romance. | 现在又有了浪漫 |
[15:14] | Hey. Do you have a minute? | 能和你谈谈吗 |
[15:17] | Sorry. Are you all right? | 不好意思 你没事吧 |
[15:20] | Yeah. I’m just, uh, studying precedents. | 没事 我在研究司法先例 |
[15:23] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[15:24] | I need you to talk with Cary. | 你得和凯里谈谈 |
[15:26] | Why? | 为什么 |
[15:27] | Matan won’t help and I need access | 马坦不配合 而我又需要查查 |
[15:28] | to the prosecutor’s work. | 公诉人之前做的工作 |
[15:31] | Cary won’t help me. | 凯里不会帮我的 |
[15:32] | I’m the last person he’d help. | 他怎么样都不会帮我的 |
[15:34] | I disagree. | 我不这么认为 |
[15:37] | U.S. V. Nunez. Good. | 努涅斯案 很好 |
[15:39] | Smart. And I got David Boies to argue for us. | 很机智 我也找到了大卫·博伊斯为我们辩护 |
[15:43] | It’ll impress the hell out of Cuesta. | 肯定会给奎斯特法官留下深刻的印象 |
[15:45] | So, where are we on evidence? | 我们证据找得怎么样了 |
[15:47] | We’re trying to find the owner of the cell phone. | 我们正在寻找手机的主人 |
[15:49] | We need a few more hours. | 我们还需要几个小时的时间 |
[15:51] | I only have one witness. | 我只有一个证人 |
[15:53] | Can you stretch it? | 你能拖一拖吗 |
[15:55] | David Boies. | 大卫·博伊斯 |
[15:56] | Chairman of the firm, Boies, Schiller & Flexner. | 博伊斯&席勒&弗莱克斯纳律所主席 |
[15:58] | Sir, you are one of the most respected | 先生 您是当今最受尊敬的 |
[16:01] | legal experts working today, is that correct? | 从业法律专家 对吗 |
[16:04] | I’d rather not say that about myself. | 我不敢这么称呼自己 |
[16:07] | And, uh, | 而且 |
[16:08] | you are here as an expert on U.S. V. Nunez? | 您是以努涅斯案专家的身份出席对吗 |
[16:11] | – I am. – But first, um, | -是的 -但是 首先 |
[16:12] | tell us a little about yourself. | 向我们介绍一下你自己吧 |
[16:14] | – Let’s start with your childhood. – Your Honor, | -我们从童年开始聊聊 -法官阁下 |
[16:16] | uh… relevance? | 相关性呢 |
[16:18] | Oh, I think the relevance… | 我觉得一会儿就 |
[16:20] | will become clear. | 能明白相关性了 |
[16:21] | I’ll give you a little leeway. | 我就偏心你一点点 |
[16:24] | Where were you born, Mr. Boies? | 博伊斯先生 您是哪里出生的呢 |
[16:27] | – Things are looking up in court? – A bit. | -法庭的事情有好转 -一点点 |
[16:29] | Knock on wood. | 我在祈祷好运 |
[16:31] | I’m just trying to stay away, | 我就是想躲开点 |
[16:33] | and focus on my core constituents. | 关注我的选民 |
[16:35] | Which is why I wanted to meet with you, Dwight. | 这也是为什么我约你见面 德怀特 |
[16:38] | I’m not here, Peter. | 我没来见你 彼得 |
[16:39] | – I’m just waiting on my wife who’s shopping. – Yes, I know. | -我老婆在购物 我在等她 -是 我知道 |
[16:42] | But you’ve given a lot of money to my campaigns over the years, | 但是这些年来你一直为我的竞选投入了很多资金 |
[16:46] | and I wanted to tell you first… | 我想第一个先告诉你 |
[16:49] | – this isn’t over. – I know. | -这一切还没有结束 -我知道 |
[16:50] | Eli told me. | 伊莱告诉我了 |
[16:51] | Good. Because there are a lot of paths to the future. | 很好 因为未来还有很多路可以走 |
[16:55] | I know. Alicia. | 我知道 艾丽西娅 |
[16:58] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[16:59] | Eli said we move our investments to Alicia. | 伊莱说我们要把投资转移在艾丽西娅身上 |
[17:03] | Wha… to… | 给 什么 |
[17:05] | Wha… what did Eli say? | 伊莱说了什么 |
[17:08] | Alicia divorces you, | 艾丽西娅和你离婚 |
[17:10] | she runs for office, | 她竞选州长 |
[17:12] | we invest in her. | 我们对她投资 |
[17:13] | It’s good. | 这很好 |
[17:15] | Especially when you look at her approval ratings. | 尤其是她的支持率 |
[17:22] | I didn’t know he was teaching. | 我不知道他在讲课 |
[17:24] | Guest lecturer. | 客座讲师 |
[17:26] | He looks like he’s been doing this his whole life. | 他看起来好像已经教书教了一辈子了 |
[17:29] | It’s nice when people find their purpose. | 能找到自己的目标是一件很棒的事 |
[17:34] | Thank you for helping with Peter. | 彼得的事谢谢你帮忙 |
[17:39] | That’s what I do. | 这是我的工作 |
[17:42] | Lucca thinks… | 卢卡觉得… |
[17:46] | What does Lucca think? | 卢卡觉得什么 |
[17:48] | Lucca thinks we should talk. | 卢卡觉得我们应该谈一谈 |
[17:51] | About? | 谈什么 |
[17:52] | Us. | 谈谈我们的事 |
[17:55] | God. | 天呐 |
[17:57] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[18:01] | My head hurts every time I try to figure out | 每次我试着弄清楚你想要什么 |
[18:04] | what it is you want and what I want | 我想要什么 这两者又如何融合的时候 |
[18:06] | and how those two things may coincide. | 我的头都很痛 |
[18:10] | No. Look… | 别 听着… |
[18:13] | your husband needs you. | 你的丈夫需要你 |
[18:16] | I think sometimes you need to be needed. | 我想有时候你也需要这种被需要的感觉 |
[18:19] | It keeps you from tipping over. | 这样能防止你跟自己过不去 |
[18:24] | I j… | 我… |
[18:32] | Wait for me. | 等着我 |
[18:34] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[18:36] | Just wait. | 等着就好 |
[18:48] | – Talk to Matan. – Matan won’t help. | -去找马坦 -马坦不帮忙 |
[18:52] | Why did they not do a full search | 为什么子弹丢了 |
[18:54] | of the evidence room for the missing bullets? | 他们却不在证据储藏室里好好找找呢 |
[18:58] | Peter wouldn’t sign off on it. | 彼得不批准 |
[19:00] | No. After he left. | 不 在他离任之后 |
[19:03] | – What would be the point? – The bullets were gone. | -那有什么意义呢 -子弹早就没了 |
[19:04] | There’s a metal detector right outside the evidence room. | 证据储藏室外有金属探测仪 |
[19:07] | I can’t be the first person to have noticed that. | 我不可能是第一个注意到这件事的人 |
[19:10] | The missing bullets… are still in there somewhere. | 丢失的子弹一定还在储藏室的某个角落 |
[19:13] | Why did no one ever look after the mistrial? | 为什么宣布审判无效之后没人去找找看呢 |
[19:17] | What would be the point? | 这么做有什么意义 |
[19:18] | The truth. Cary, you always talk about the truth. | 为了真相啊 凯里 你总说要追求真相 |
[19:20] | Oh, come on. Your husband caused that mistrial. | 得了吧 是你丈夫造成了无效审判 |
[19:23] | That’s the truth. Seriously. | 那才是真相 真的 |
[19:24] | So don’t pretend like you actually care | 所以别假装你好像真的在乎 |
[19:26] | about what really happened. | 到底发生了什么一样 |
[19:28] | Well, if Peter did it, he did it. | 如果是彼得做的 那我无话可说 |
[19:30] | I want to know what happened either way. | 但我还是想知道到底发生了什么 |
[19:36] | A total search of the evidence room is a dead end. | 全面搜查证据储藏室是行不通的 |
[19:38] | – It would take too long. – There’s something else. | -那要花很长时间 -还有件事 |
[19:40] | There was a cell phone ringing on the Patty Tanniston 911 call. | 帕蒂·塔尼斯顿的报警电话里有手机铃声在响 |
[19:45] | We need your help, Cary. | 我们需要你的帮助 凯里 |
[19:47] | Who could’ve been there with Patty? | 帕蒂那时候可能会跟谁在一起 |
[19:51] | And that’s when you represented George Steinbrenner | 你就是那时代理了乔治·斯坦布伦纳[洋基棒队老板] |
[19:54] | in the suit against Major League Baseball? | 帮他打了跟美国职业棒球大联盟的官司吗 |
[19:56] | Yes, that’s correct. | 是的 就是这样 |
[19:59] | Could you expand, uh, upon those thoughts? | 你能就这些观点再展开描述吗 |
[20:01] | Which thoughts? | 哪个观点 |
[20:02] | Uh, well, the thoughts about, you know, | 就是那个 你知道的 |
[20:04] | – what we were just talking about. – Your Honor. | -我们刚刚说到的那个 -法官阁下 |
[20:06] | Seriously? | 这也能行 |
[20:07] | Is that an objection? | 你刚刚是在提出反对吗 |
[20:08] | – Yes. Relevance. – Excuse me. | -是的 与本案无关 -不好意思 |
[20:10] | Withdrawn. | 我收回 |
[20:11] | Mr. Boies, actually, one quick question. | 博伊斯先生 简单问一个问题 |
[20:13] | Do you think U.S. v. Nunez applies here? | 你认为努涅斯案的判例在这里适用吗 |
[20:16] | – Yes, I do. I think… – Thank you, sir. | -是的 我觉得… -谢谢您 |
[20:17] | No further questions. | 没有问题了 |
[20:19] | No rebuttal. | 不反驳 |
[20:20] | I’m not sure what I would rebut anyway. | 反正我也不知道该反驳什么 |
[20:22] | Thank you, Mr. Boies– that was an unadulterated pleasure. | 谢谢您 博伊斯先生 真是非常荣幸 |
[20:26] | – That’s it? – Yes. Thank you. | -就这样 -是的 谢谢您 |
[20:28] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[20:30] | – That was interesting. – Your Honor, | -这挺有趣 -法官阁下 |
[20:31] | we have a witness here | 我们现在有一位证人 |
[20:32] | whose cell phone was heard | 她的手机声出现在 |
[20:33] | – on the 911 tape. – Seriously? | -911报警电话录音带中 -不是吧 |
[20:35] | Would you like to hear from her, Your Honor? | 你想听她的证词吗 法官阁下 |
[20:37] | Yes, I would. | 我想听 |
[20:38] | Your Honor, sidebar, please? | 法官阁下 能请求法庭侧议吗 |
[20:40] | I expected nothing less. Let’s go. | 正是我期待的 我们走吧 |
[20:42] | – What happened? – What do you mean? | -怎么回事 -什么意思 |
[20:45] | You’re supposed to be on your way to Berkeley. | 你现在应该在去伯克利的路上 |
[20:47] | No, I’m staying. | 不 我要留下来 |
[20:52] | Grace… | 格蕾丝 |
[20:54] | you’re going to college. | 你要去上大学 |
[20:55] | This isn’t open for debate. | 这事不容争辩 |
[20:57] | No, I already called them. | 不 我已经打电话给学校了 |
[20:58] | I’m just delaying for one year. | 我只是推迟一年入学 |
[20:59] | Oh, my God, Grace, you can’t do that. | 天哪 格蕾丝 你不能这么做 |
[21:01] | I’m not going to the west coast | 我不会在爸爸陷入困境时 |
[21:02] | while dad’s in trouble. You wouldn’t do it– | 去西海岸的 你不会这么做 |
[21:04] | I’m not gonna do it, either. | 我也不会 |
[21:06] | This isn’t about me. | 这跟我没关系 |
[21:08] | – This is about your future. – Right. | -这事关你的未来 -没错 |
[21:11] | And I get to decide my future. | 那就该由我来决定我的未来 |
[21:16] | So you were | 你当时在 |
[21:16] | in Patty Tanniston’s apartment. | 帕蒂·坦尼斯顿的公寓里 |
[21:19] | That was your cell phone ringing? | 是你的手机在响吗 |
[21:20] | Yeah. But I left as soon as it rang. | 是的 但手机一响我就离开了 |
[21:22] | But there were only seconds | 但你手机响声 |
[21:23] | between your cell phone ringing | 跟杀害帕蒂·坦尼斯顿的枪声间 |
[21:25] | and the gunshots that killed Patty Tanniston. | 只隔了几秒钟 |
[21:27] | – Not seconds. – Yes, it was. | -不是几秒钟 -不 是的 |
[21:28] | Exactly 23 seconds. | 正好二十三秒 |
[21:30] | Can we hear the 911 tape again? | 我们能再听一下911报警录音带吗 |
[21:32] | Your Honor, please, the defense is throwing | 法官阁下 辩方这是不顾一切 |
[21:33] | every insane theory against the wall to see what sticks. | 乱抛理论 看看哪个管用 |
[21:35] | No. The police and prosecution never pursued this witness, | 不是 警察和控方从未追查过这位证人 |
[21:39] | because they were obsessed with Locke. | 因为他们执迷于怀疑洛克 |
[21:40] | But what does that matter? | 但这有什么关系 |
[21:41] | We are not trying to solve a murder. | 我们不是在解决谋杀案 |
[21:43] | This is not Murder on the Orient Express. | 这不是《东方快车谋杀案》 |
[21:45] | Yes, I love mysteries | 没错 我跟大家一样 |
[21:46] | as much as the next person, | 都喜欢解迷题 |
[21:47] | but this is confined. | 但这次审判限定了范围 |
[21:48] | – Did a politician do something corrupt? – Your Honor, | -审判一位政治家是否腐败 -法官阁下 |
[21:50] | – if I may be allowed to con… – No. Hold on. | -能允许我 -不 等一下 |
[21:55] | What did George Orwell say? | 乔治·奥威尔曾说过什么 |
[21:57] | “To see what is in front of your nose | 为了看清鼻子前面的东西 |
[21:59] | needs a constant struggle.” | 需要付出持续的斗争 |
[22:02] | You’re right, of course, | 你说的当然没错 |
[22:02] | AUSA Fox. | 福克斯助理联邦检察官 |
[22:04] | We’ve heard enough here. | 我们已经听的够多了 |
[22:05] | The jury will be asked | 我将要求陪审团 |
[22:06] | to continue their deliberations | 在没有这个证据的情况下 |
[22:08] | without this testimony. | 继续他们的审议意见 |
[22:09] | Your Honor… | 法官阁下 |
[22:10] | No, I have made my ruling. | 别说了 我已经做出了裁决 |
[22:22] | Do you see what’s going on in court? | 你知道法庭上的事吧 |
[22:24] | Yeah. So? | 知道 然后呢 |
[22:25] | Do you think we missed something? | 你认为我们遗漏了什么吗 |
[22:28] | No. | 没有 |
[22:29] | You think the bullets are still in the evidence room? | 你认为子弹还在证据室吗 |
[22:33] | Probably. | 很有可能 |
[22:37] | Remember how cops talked about pitting evidence? | 还记得警察说隐藏证据吗 |
[22:42] | Why you bringing that up? | 你干嘛提起这事 |
[22:42] | I’m not wearing a wire, Matan. | 我没有带窃听器 马坦 |
[22:44] | I’m just saying that cops used to talk about pitting evidence. | 我只是说警察曾说起过隐藏证据 |
[22:48] | They’d “accidentally” drop the evidence in a case just closed. | 他们会「不小心」将证据放在已结案的案子里 |
[22:52] | With our bullets, that would narrow down the search | 有子弹的话 这会将搜寻范围 |
[22:54] | to a few hundred cases, wouldn’t it? | 压缩到几百个案子 不是吗 |
[23:08] | One year. | 一年 |
[23:09] | – Probation? – No. | -缓刑 -不行 |
[23:10] | – One year real jail time. – No. | -实实在在坐一年牢 -不行 |
[23:15] | You know, I met you some years ago. | 你知道吗 我几年前见过你 |
[23:19] | At the Equal Justice Conference in 2008. | 在2008年的司法公正大会上 |
[23:21] | – Do you remember? – No. | -你还记得吗 -不记得了 |
[23:23] | Your husband was giving a speech. | 你丈夫当时在做演讲 |
[23:24] | This was before… everything. | 是在这一切发生之前 |
[23:28] | You were fun. | 你当时很幽默 |
[23:29] | We, uh… we-we talked about our kids. | 我们聊了聊彼此的孩子 |
[23:33] | You, uh… you made a joke | 你还说了个笑话 |
[23:35] | about the terrible twos | 关于小孩子4岁的时候 |
[23:38] | and how they weren’t as bad as the freakin’ fours. | 如何比2岁的时候更加淘气 |
[23:41] | That was a long time ago. | 这都是很久以前的事了 |
[23:43] | Yeah. Not many laughs now. | 现在就没那么多好笑的事了 |
[23:46] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[23:48] | I don’t make you laugh now? | 我现在不能逗你笑了 |
[23:51] | The wife of someone you’re prosecuting | 你指控贪污的人的老婆 |
[23:52] | for corruption doesn’t amuse you? | 不能逗你笑 |
[23:54] | – Okay. Thank you. – Hey, here’s a thought. | -谢谢你 -我有个想法 |
[23:57] | You give my husband one year probation, no jail time, | 你给我丈夫一年缓刑 不用坐牢 |
[24:00] | and I’ll work up a demure smile for you. | 然后我会给你一个矜持的微笑 |
[24:04] | How’s this? | 这个怎么样 |
[24:10] | Good-bye, Mrs. Florrick. | 再见 福瑞克夫人 |
[24:16] | Well, just tell them it’s over. | 就告诉他们已经结束了 |
[24:20] | I got to go. | 我需要挂了 |
[24:25] | It’s weird having you across the street here. | 让你在街对面等着真是有点奇怪 |
[24:27] | Yeah, well, Diane thought it would be a good idea. | 戴安觉得这是个好主意 |
[24:30] | Judge Cuesta doesn’t like me. | 奎斯特法官不太喜欢我 |
[24:32] | I think it might be working. | 我觉得咱们的策略应该颇有成效 |
[24:34] | It’s going well. | 形势很好 |
[24:38] | What are you doing, Eli? | 你在做什么呢 伊莱 |
[24:41] | What am I doing? I’m… making sure you’re all right. | 我在做什么 我在确保你没事 |
[24:47] | Telling my donors to give up on me? | 那告诉我的资助者放弃我呢 |
[24:51] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[24:53] | I talked to Dwight. | 我和德怀特聊过了 |
[24:55] | He said you’ve been urging the donors | 他说你在催促资助者 |
[24:56] | to move their interest to Alicia. | 把他们的注意力转移到艾丽西娅身上 |
[25:00] | He looked at me like I was a dead man, | 他看我像看个死人一样 |
[25:02] | like I didn’t exist. | 就像我不存在一样 |
[25:04] | Do not patronize me. | 别一副屈尊俯就的样子 |
[25:06] | – I am still the governor of this state. – Okay, I won’t. | -我依旧是州长 -我没有 |
[25:09] | – This is a smart move. – What is? | -这是一招妙棋 -什么妙棋 |
[25:11] | Screwing me over? | 暗地里搞我 |
[25:13] | No, moving political assets over to Alicia. | 不 把政治资产转移到艾丽西娅身上 |
[25:17] | Even if you retain your office, you are injured. | 就算你能保住位置 你也受伤了 |
[25:19] | The donors can’t stick with you. | 资助者不能和你待在一起 |
[25:20] | They can’t be seen within a mile of you. | 我们都不能在你周围出现 |
[25:22] | Because you’re telling them not to. | 因为你告诉他们不要这么做 |
[25:23] | It’s a self-fulfilling prophecy. | 这是个自我实现的预言 |
[25:25] | No, it is not, Peter. Now, we don’t want their money to go | 不 彼得 我们不想让他们的钱到 |
[25:28] | to Rahm or Stratton or White. | 拉姆 斯特拉顿或者怀特那里去 |
[25:30] | We have to give them someone. | 我们就需要给他们一个人选 |
[25:33] | Alicia? | 艾丽西娅 |
[25:34] | Yes. | 是的 |
[25:35] | If I’m so tainted, | 如果我是如此的腐败 |
[25:38] | why am I not tainting her? | 我为什么没腐化她 |
[25:42] | Because she will divorce you. | 因为她会和你离婚 |
[25:44] | And it will be seen as a move of independence. | 这会被认为是一种独立的举措 |
[25:53] | Does Alicia know? | 艾丽西娅知道么 |
[25:56] | Not yet. | 还不知道 |
[26:03] | It’s the smart move, Peter. | 这是招好棋 彼得 |
[26:10] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[26:10] | Yeah. | 我知道 |
[26:19] | Hi, Alicia. | 嗨 艾丽西娅 |
[26:20] | What? | 什么 |
[26:24] | That’s great news. I’ll see you soon. | 那真是好消息 待会儿见 |
[26:29] | They found the bullets. | 他们找到子弹了 |
[26:34] | They were discovered by prosecutor, Matan Brody, in another | 公诉人马坦·布罗迪在另一个证据箱中找到了子弹 |
[26:37] | evidence box, Your Honor. They were accidentally misplaced. | 法官阁下 子弹被不小心误放了 |
[26:39] | This is so convenient. | 这子弹来的的真是时候 |
[26:40] | It does seem oddly timed. I mean, | 确实这时间有点蹊跷 |
[26:42] | five years have gone by and they haven’t checked once? | 五年过去了都一直没再检查过吗 |
[26:44] | They had no reason to search thoroughly. | 他们之前没有动机进行彻底检查 |
[26:46] | – This trial changed their mind. – We’re having the bullets | -这场庭审改变了他们的想法 -我们正在 |
[26:48] | – tested now, Your Honor. – And you think | -把子弹送检 法官阁下 -而且你认为 |
[26:50] | the results should be given to the jury? | 结果应该呈给陪审团 |
[26:51] | It supports the defense’s contention | 这支持了辩方论点 |
[26:53] | that Peter had no reason to hide them. | 彼得没有理由隐藏子弹 |
[26:55] | When is this over, Your Honor? I mean, | 这还有完没完 法官阁下 |
[26:56] | at a certain point, the jury has to work | 从某种程度来说 陪审团应在通过 |
[26:58] | with the information given them. | 已有的信息进行裁决 |
[26:59] | I don’t know. This is a very unusual case. | 我说不好 这是个很罕见的案件 |
[27:01] | It is, Your Honor, and we ask that… | 的确 法官阁下 我们请求 |
[27:04] | We had the bullet test expedited, Your Honor. | 我们加快了弹道检测 法官阁下 |
[27:06] | These should be the results now. | 应该是出结果了 |
[27:09] | Where are you? Your office is crazy. | 你在哪 你办公室乱成一团了 |
[27:11] | Yes, We have an office space crisis. | 是 我们现在办公空间不足 |
[27:13] | Thanks for rushing the results, Kurt. What did you find? | 谢谢你加快进度 科特 你查到了什么 |
[27:16] | It’s definitive. | 结果很肯定 |
[27:19] | Good. We’ll need you to testify. | 真好 我们需要你作证 |
[27:22] | I’m not sure you’ll want that. | 我不确定你真的想这么做 |
[27:24] | Why? | 怎么了 |
[27:25] | The bullets came from Locke’s gun. He did it. | 子弹是从洛克的枪里射出的 是他干的 |
[27:30] | You’re sure? | 你确定吗 |
[27:31] | Yes. | 确定 |
[27:32] | Florrick had reason to hide ’em. | 福瑞克有隐藏子弹的理由 |
[27:45] | Okay, so we back down on our motion | 好吧 那我们撤回我们的动议 |
[27:47] | without seeming to back down. | 但表面上不看起来像让步 |
[27:51] | – It doesn’t mean that he’s guilty. – I don’t know | -这不意味着他就是有罪的 -我不知道 |
[27:52] | if I care anymore. | 我还在不在乎了 |
[27:54] | He’s your client. | 他是你的当事人 |
[27:55] | That’s why you care. | 所以你要在乎 |
[27:59] | Was that the ballistics? | 是弹道报告吗 |
[28:00] | Uh, no. I, um… | 不是 |
[28:02] | – Not yet. – So I imagine | -还没出结果 -那么我想 |
[28:03] | you’re still using U.S. v. Nunez as precedent? | 你还是用努涅斯案作为判例吗 |
[28:07] | I, um… | 我 |
[28:09] | Your Honor? | 法官阁下 |
[28:09] | As to why the bullet testing should be given to the jury. | 作为弹道检测应呈给陪审团的理由 |
[28:12] | Yes, Your Honor. | 是的 法官阁下 |
[28:13] | The jury had partial evidence. | 陪审团所持证据是片面的 |
[28:15] | Now they will have full evidence. | 现在他们将有全面证据了 |
[28:17] | How are we expecting them to decide | 在他们缺失本案中 |
[28:19] | when they’re missing the most essential piece of our case? | 关键证据的情况下如何做出裁定 |
[28:22] | The bullet evidence. | 即弹道证据 |
[28:23] | They jury must have access to the… what? | 陪审团必须得到 你干嘛 |
[28:26] | …best available evidence. | 可获得的最佳证据 |
[28:28] | But they have the full evidence now. | 但他们现在已经有完整证据了 |
[28:29] | The evidence isn’t the testing. | 证据并非是弹道检测 |
[28:31] | The evidence is Governor Florrick’s state of mind. | 证据是福瑞克州长的内心想法 |
[28:33] | Ms. Lockhart? | 洛克哈特女士 |
[28:36] | Yes? | 什么 |
[28:37] | Your argument. | 你的辩词 |
[28:39] | Well, we stand by our original contention. | 我们坚持我们最初的论点 |
[28:43] | Which was? | 是什么 |
[28:45] | What we originally said. | 我们最初所说的那个 |
[28:47] | All relevant evidence is what we want. | 我们想要相关证据全部呈现 |
[28:50] | Okay. | 好的 |
[28:51] | Strong argument. | 很有说服力 |
[28:55] | What the hell was that? | 刚刚什么情况 |
[28:56] | The bullets worked against us. | 弹道分析结果对咱们不利 |
[28:59] | Oh, damn. | 该死 |
[29:17] | I heard about the ballistics test. | 我听说了弹道测试结果 |
[29:21] | Just so you know, | 只是想告诉你 |
[29:24] | I didn’t do it. | 不是我做的 |
[29:25] | It doesn’t matter. | 不重要了 |
[29:27] | The jury’s deliberating anyway. | 反正陪审团态度审慎 |
[29:28] | It matters to me. | 对我来说很重要 |
[29:33] | Should I take the year? | 我该认罪服一年刑吗 |
[29:38] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[29:41] | I did eight months and that was hard. | 我服过八个月刑 已经够艰难了 |
[29:44] | But a whole year. | 服一年刑的话… |
[29:47] | Grace says she is going to drop out of college | 格蕾丝说 她要休学 |
[29:49] | to visit you in prison | 为了去探监 |
[29:51] | What? | 什么 |
[29:52] | I know. We’re talking. | 我知道 我们还在沟通 |
[30:00] | Court’s back in session. | 法庭恢复审理了 |
[30:02] | The original ballistic test on these spent bullets | 一开始对这些用过的子弹做弹道测试 |
[30:05] | was a pyrolysis gas chromatography. | 用的是裂解气相色谱法 |
[30:07] | And this was the test performed by Kurt McVeigh, | 这是库尔特·麦克维做的测试 |
[30:09] | – the expert hired by the SA’s office? – Yes. | -州检办雇的那个专家是吗 -是的 |
[30:12] | And what test did you perform? | 你做了什么测试 |
[30:13] | An elemental composition test. | 基本成分测试 |
[30:15] | He would’ve performed it, too, | 他本来也要做这项测试 |
[30:16] | if the bullets hadn’t been lost. | 如果子弹没有遗失的话 |
[30:18] | And did you perform this test today? | 你今天做了这项测试吗 |
[30:19] | – I did. – And what did you find? | -做了 -有何发现 |
[30:21] | Hey, this is not good. | 情况不妙 |
[30:23] | The bullets definitely came from Richard Locke’s gun. | 子弹绝对是从理查德·洛克的枪射出的 |
[30:25] | Your Honor, | 法官阁下 |
[30:26] | I would agree with the defense. | 我同意被告律师观点 |
[30:28] | I think the jury should have this evidence | 应该将此证据提交陪审团 |
[30:30] | to aid in their deliberations. | 协助他们考虑此案 |
[30:32] | We have to get Kurt to testify. | 咱们得找库尔特作证 |
[30:33] | No, he won’t help us. | 不 他帮不了咱们 |
[30:34] | If these results get to the jury, | 如果这些结果让陪审团知道了 |
[30:36] | they will find against Peter. | 他们会认定彼得有罪 |
[30:37] | Hello, Ms. Lockhart. | 洛克哈特女士 |
[30:39] | Do we have any questions for this witness? | 对此证人 你有问题吗 |
[30:41] | Not at this time, Your Honor. | 暂时没有 法官阁下 |
[30:43] | We do have one other witness, Your Honor. | 我们还有个证人 法官阁下 |
[30:45] | We call Kurt McVeigh. | 请库尔特·麦克维上庭 |
[31:03] | I had nothing to do with him testifying! | 他作证的事跟我没关系 |
[31:05] | He’s your husband, do you know what that looks like? | 他是你丈夫 你很清楚别人会怎么看 |
[31:07] | – The jury didn’t hear it. – But they will hear it. | -陪审团并没听到证词 -总会让他们知道的 |
[31:08] | Cuesta believed him. He believed both of them. | 奎斯特相信他的话 两位的证词他都信 |
[31:11] | Can we just talk about… | 能不能谈谈… |
[31:12] | Then we argue about not entering that evidence. | 那就辩不使用证词 |
[31:13] | Or we undercut his testimony. | 或者让他的证词不可信 |
[31:15] | We have nothing to undercut him with. | 没有可诋毁他的辩词 |
[31:16] | – There’s a better way… – He reversed himself! | -有个好办法 -他前后矛盾 |
[31:18] | – He reversed his testimony. – No. | -他的证词前后矛盾 -不 |
[31:19] | He only reversed himself | 他前后矛盾 |
[31:20] | because I convinced him to testify in the first place. | 仅仅因为一开始我劝他作证 |
[31:23] | So? We can still use it. | 所以呢 我们还是可以利用这点 |
[31:24] | – We can still use the reversed testimony. – No! | -利用他前后矛盾的证词 -不行 |
[31:31] | Because he’s your husband? | 因为他是你丈夫 |
[31:32] | No. | 不 |
[31:34] | Because he’s honest. | 因为他正直 |
[31:36] | He can’t be undercut. | 不该受诋毁 |
[31:38] | Diane, you have a client. | 戴安 你的当事人 |
[31:42] | My husband. | 是我丈夫 |
[31:44] | You have a duty to zealously represent that client. | 你有责任积极为当事人辩护 |
[31:47] | And I am. | 我的确在这么做 |
[31:48] | I am, but to besmirch this witness would backfire on us. | 没错 但是诋毁这位证人只会适得其反 |
[31:52] | I am not saying this because he is my husband, | 我这样说并不是因为他是我的丈夫 |
[31:55] | I am saying this because it is strategically a mistake. | 我这样说是因为从战略上来看这就是个错误 |
[31:58] | I disagree. | 我不同意 |
[31:59] | Then have Peter fire me. | 那就让彼得把我炒了吧 |
[32:25] | I need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[32:27] | With what? | 帮什么 |
[32:29] | Cross-examination. | 交叉质询 |
[32:32] | Any questions, Ms. Lockhart? | 有问题吗 洛克哈特女士 |
[32:35] | No, Your Honor. | 没有 法官阁下 |
[32:36] | Yes, just a few. | 我有几个问题 |
[32:37] | Mr. McVeigh, | 麦克维先生 |
[32:39] | this is a change in your attitude, | 在新的弹道测试中 |
[32:41] | this new ballistic test. | 你的态度发生了改变 |
[32:42] | No, not a change. | 不 没有变 |
[32:43] | A, uh… it’s a more refined test. | 只是一次改良的测试 |
[32:46] | But you testified during the trial | 但是你在庭审期间曾经作证过 |
[32:47] | that your ballistic test leaned toward the bullets | 说你的弹道测试的结果是 |
[32:50] | not belonging to Richard Locke’s gun. | 那些子弹不属于理查德·洛克的枪 |
[32:52] | Yes, I did. | 没错 |
[32:53] | And now you have a different opinion. | 现在你却给出了不同的意见 |
[32:54] | Not a different opinion, | 不能说是不同的意见 |
[32:55] | a further scientific analysis. | 只是一份更加科学的分析 |
[33:00] | You’re retired, aren’t you, Mr. McVeigh? | 你已经退休了 是吗 麦克维先生 |
[33:02] | Yes, I retired this month. | 是的 我在这个月退休的 |
[33:03] | And yet you did this ballistic test | 而你却在几个小时前 |
[33:05] | just a few hours ago? | 做了这个弹道测试 |
[33:08] | Yes, I did. As a favor. | 是的 是帮别人的忙 |
[33:10] | And you checked your findings with the prosecutor’s | 你和检察官的弹道专家 |
[33:13] | ballistics expert, Holly Westfall? | 霍利·韦斯特福尔讨论了测试结果 |
[33:15] | I did. | 是的 |
[33:16] | Why did you do that? | 你为什么要这样做 |
[33:19] | I wanted to see if she had the same result. | 我想知道她是不是也得出了相同的结论 |
[33:22] | Is this standard operating procedure? | 按照标准流程应该这样做吗 |
[33:26] | No. | 不 |
[33:27] | Why did you do it, then? | 那你为什么要这样做 |
[33:31] | This was an unusual case. | 这个案子不同寻常 |
[33:33] | And we had a differing opinion in 2012. | 我们在2012年的意见就不一致 |
[33:36] | And isn’t it true that you’ve given her your business? | 你是不是要把生意交给她 |
[33:39] | I’ve sold her my business. That’s true. | 我是把公司卖给了她 是的 |
[33:41] | And isn’t it true | 那么你是否和 |
[33:42] | that you have had an affair with Holly Westfall? | 霍利·韦斯特福尔有婚外情 |
[33:44] | Objection, Your Honor. | 反对 法官阁下 |
[33:45] | For the life of me, I can’t figure out the relevance here. | 我拿性命担保 这与本案无任何关联 |
[33:47] | The relevance is that Mr. McVeigh has changed | 关联就是麦克维先生改变了证词 |
[33:49] | his testimony to align with the prosecutor’s expert. | 以便与检察官的专家的证词达成一致 |
[33:52] | Bias from an affair is completely relevant. | 由于婚外情导致的偏见就百分之百相关了 |
[33:54] | This is more melodrama, Your Honor. | 这简直就像是情景剧 法官阁下 |
[33:56] | The defense is having trouble sticking to the facts. | 辩方现在已经没办法就事论事了 |
[33:58] | Again, I am a jury of one here. | 再说一遍 我就是全部的陪审团 |
[34:00] | I will allow some leeway in questioning | 我会给询问留出一些自由的空间 |
[34:03] | then rule on the relevance for the jury. | 而不是为陪审团去纠结相不相关 |
[34:05] | You may proceed. | 你可以继续了 |
[34:06] | Isn’t it true, Mr. McVeigh, | 请回答我 麦克维先生 |
[34:08] | that you have had an affair with Holly Westfall? | 你是否与霍利·韦斯特福尔有婚外情 |
[34:10] | And isn’t that the reason that | 这是不是你 |
[34:11] | you’ve changed your testimony? | 改变证词的原因 |
[34:38] | What is the point? | 到底是为了什么 |
[34:41] | What? | 什么 |
[34:41] | What is the point of all this? | 这一切到底是为了什么 |
[34:43] | – To zealously represent our clients. – Right. | -热情饱满地为客户服务 -没错 |
[34:45] | Diane knows it better than anyone. | 这一点戴安比所有人都做得好 |
[34:47] | And the ethics of it? | 那道德准则呢 |
[34:48] | Hey, ethics change. | 道德准则都会变的 |
[34:50] | We’re all adults here. | 我们都是成年人了 |
[34:53] | Things used to be simpler. | 过去一切都简单多了 |
[34:54] | No. | 不 |
[34:56] | Things were never simple. | 从来不曾简单过 |
[34:59] | Well, that was effective. | 你们的盘问很有效 |
[35:00] | So the jury doesn’t get the new ballistics test. | 陪审团不会得知新的弹道测试了 |
[35:03] | It was all for naught. | 瞎忙活一场 |
[35:04] | Yup. You have an offer? | 没错 有新的和解条件了吗 |
[35:09] | One year. | 一年 |
[35:10] | – No. – Probation. | -不行 -缓刑 |
[35:12] | One year probation. No jail time. | 缓刑一年 不用坐牢 |
[35:14] | The governor resigns from his governorship. | 但他要辞去州长一职 |
[35:18] | We could wait for a verdict. | 我们可以等陪审团的结论 |
[35:20] | Yes, you could. | 是 你可以等 |
[35:23] | But Peter won’t want that. | 但彼得可不愿意 |
[35:24] | Why? | 为什么 |
[35:27] | He’s guilty. | 因为他有罪 |
[35:30] | We’ll consider it. | 我们会考虑你的条件 |
[35:33] | Do. | 务必 |
[35:36] | He won’t get better. | 这是最好的结果了 |
[35:45] | What do you think? | 你怎么想 |
[35:47] | It’s up to you. | 这是你的决定 |
[35:50] | But what do you think? | 但你是怎么想的 |
[35:52] | I would take it. | 我会接受 |
[35:54] | It’s amazing we’ve come this far. | 能走到这一步已经很了不起了 |
[35:57] | This jury is unpredictable. | 这次的陪审团令人难以预料 |
[35:59] | You take the plea, you don’t spend one day in jail. | 你接受的话 一天也不用在监狱里待 |
[36:06] | My career will be over. | 我的职业生涯就走到尽头了 |
[36:10] | I think it’s over anyway, isn’t it? | 无论结果如何都要结束了 不是吗 |
[36:24] | What are you gonna do? | 你打算怎么办 |
[36:29] | I’m gonna take the deal. | 我会接受这个条件 |
[36:34] | But I need one more favor. | 但我还要你帮个忙 |
[36:37] | I’ll announce tomorrow. | 我明天公布消息 |
[36:39] | Stand by my side. | 陪我一起 |
[36:45] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[37:05] | What do I do now? | 我现在该怎么做 |
[37:10] | Go to him. | 去找他 |
[37:11] | You’re done with Peter. | 你和彼得已经结束了 |
[37:13] | Like a fever, it’s over. | 就像高烧 已经退了 |
[37:17] | Jason’s not you. | 杰森不是你 |
[37:20] | Hmm. Very few people are me. | 是我的人少之又少 |
[37:27] | He’s a boy. | 他还是个男孩子 |
[37:28] | He likes boy things. | 他很孩子气 |
[37:30] | You like boy things. | 你也很孩子气 |
[37:31] | No, I don’t. What makes you say that? | 我不喜欢 你为什么这么说 |
[37:32] | God, you have so little self-awareness. | 天啊 你太不了解自己了 |
[37:38] | What if I’m unhappy with him? | 如果我和他在一起不开心怎么办 |
[37:40] | Blame me. Seriously, | 那就怪我 说真的 |
[37:43] | do you want to live here alone? | 你想在这里孤独终老吗 |
[37:45] | Look at this place. It’ll drive you crazy. | 看看这地方 会把你逼疯的 |
[37:50] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[37:51] | Then go to him. It’s not too late. | 那就去找他 还不算太晚 |
[38:13] | I’ll love you forever. | 我会永远爱你 |
[38:20] | I’m okay with that. | 我没意见 |
[38:47] | Hey, where’s Jason? | 杰森在哪里 |
[38:49] | Gone. Why? | 走了 怎么了 |
[38:51] | Where? | 去哪儿了 |
[38:51] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[38:54] | I tried his cell. No luck. | 我打过他手机 没联系上 |
[38:59] | Hey, Jason. Where are you? | 喂 杰森 你在哪儿 |
[39:02] | I need to talk. I… | 我得和你谈…我… |
[39:06] | It’s over. | 一切都结束了 |
[39:08] | Peter’s taking the plea. | 彼得打算认罪 |
[39:10] | My daughter is going to school, | 我的女儿要去上大学了 |
[39:11] | and I… | 而我… |
[39:14] | I need to see you. | 我得和你见一面 |
[39:16] | Call me back, please. | 回我电话 拜托了 |
[39:20] | 杰森·克劳斯 通话结束 | |
[40:06] | Good afternoon. | 各位下午好 |
[40:09] | At 3:30 today, I informed the lieutenant governor | 三点三十分的时候 我跟副州长说 |
[40:11] | that I am resigning the office of governor of Illinois. | 我将辞去伊利诺伊州州长这一职务 |
[40:17] | Though I have been cleared | 尽管我因腐败问题 |
[40:19] | of all but one corruption charge, | 而受到指控 |
[40:21] | I wish to spare the people of Illinois | 我仍希望伊利诺伊州的人民 |
[40:23] | any further expense or frustration. | 不会因此蒙受更多损失并心生失望 |
[40:27] | My wife and I would like to thank all the people | 我和我的妻子想要感谢这么多年来 |
[40:30] | who have supported us over the years. | 一直支持我们的人 |
[40:33] | As you can imagine, | 正如你们所想 |
[40:35] | this has been a difficult time. | 这是一段很艰难的日子 |
[40:40] | I do want to thank my legal team. | 我诚心想要感谢我的辩护团队 |
[40:44] | Diane Lockhart. Thank you. | 戴安·洛克哈特 谢谢你 |
[40:48] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢你 |
[40:50] | I want to thank my children, | 我想要感谢我的儿女 |
[40:52] | and all my friends who have stood by us. | 以及一直支持我的朋友们 |
[40:56] | And I especially want to thank my wife, Alicia. | 在此我还想特别感谢我的妻子 艾丽西娅 |
[41:01] | I couldn’t have done this without you. | 没有你的支持我绝对坚持不下来 |
[41:04] | Thank you all very much. | 非常谢谢你们 |
[41:19] | Jason? | 杰森 |
[41:21] | Alicia. | 艾丽西娅 |
[41:24] | Jason. | 杰森 |
[41:44] | Diane? | 戴安 |