英文名称:The Horse Boy
年代:2009
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:00] | I don’t know if I’m going to make it, love. | 我不知道自己能不能做到 亲爱的 |
[01:03] | Yeah, you will. | 你能 |
[01:23] | I don’t see them, Tulga. | 我没看到他们 图加 |
[01:46] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字 |
[01:51] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字 |
[02:00] | In april 2004, my son Rowan was diagnosed with autism. | 2004年4月 我儿子被诊断患有自闭症 |
[02:05] | The feeling was like being hit… | 听到这消息 |
[02:09] | Across the face with a baseball bat. | 我感觉像是当头一棒 |
[02:12] | Grief. Shame. | 悲痛 羞愧 |
[02:15] | This weird, irrational shame, | 这种奇怪 没道理的羞愧 |
[02:17] | Like I’d somehow cursed this child | 仿佛是我有意识地传递给他带病基因 |
[02:19] | by giving him my faulty genetics. | 带给他诅咒 |
[02:21] | Watching horrified as he began drifting away to another place. | 惊恐的看着他逐渐恶化 |
[02:28] | But this story isn’t about the tragedy of autism. | 但这不是关于自闭症的悲剧 |
[02:32] | This is a story about how, as a family, we did something crazy. | 这是一家人的一场疯狂历险 |
[02:38] | How we ended up going halfway across the world… | 我们如何跨过大半个地球 |
[02:41] | In search of a miracle. | 寻找奇迹 |
[02:44] | But let’s start at the beginning. | 我们从头讲起 |
[02:48] | December 27, 2001. | 2001年12月27日 |
[02:51] | My wife, 8 months pregnant, and I were at a friend’s house having tea… | 怀孕8个月的妻子和我在朋友家喝茶 |
[02:55] | When, like something straight out of a movie, | 然后就像电影里一样 |
[02:58] | She suddenly went into contractions. | 她突然开始阵痛 |
[03:00] | One quick c-section later, | 快速的剖腹产手术后 |
[03:02] | While they brought Kristin round from the anesthetic, | 当克里斯汀还未从麻醉中苏醒 |
[03:05] | I stood alone in the private room with this little boy… | 我独自站在私人病房里陪着这个小宝宝 |
[03:08] | We’d already decided to call Rowan. | 早先 我们已经决定叫他荣恩 |
[03:10] | The clock on the wall said half past midnight… | 时间是12点半 |
[03:13] | Which meant, I realized, | 我突然意识到 |
[03:15] | that Rowan had decided to come into the world… | 在荣恩决定来到人世的 |
[03:18] | Exactly seven years to the day, and almost to the hour, | 七年前同一天 几乎同一时刻 |
[03:21] | that Kristin and I had first spoken. | 我和克里斯汀第一次说话 |
[03:24] | Are we going to tell the story of how we met? | 要讲我们如何邂逅的故事吗 |
[03:27] | Well, you start because the first day I didn’t talk to you. | 你追我的 因为第一天我就没跟你说话 |
[03:29] | That’s right. Of course she wouldn’t talk to me. | 对 她当然没跟我说话 |
[03:32] | Um, who would? I wouldn’t. | 谁会呢 我不会 |
[03:35] | But we met in India. | 我们在印度相遇 |
[03:37] | I’d been hired to write a guidebook to the region. | 我受雇为那个地区写一本旅游手册 |
[03:41] | She was there doing research for her PhD in psychology. | 她在那儿为心理学博士学位做研究 |
[03:44] | We couldn’t have been more different. | 我们截然不同 |
[03:46] | I was British, brought up partly in London, | 我是英国人 成长过程中有时在伦敦 |
[03:49] | And partly on a farm training horses. | 有时在农场驯马 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1300个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:233个,六级词汇:122个,GRE词汇:127个,托福词汇:188个,考研词汇:253个,专四词汇:198个,专八词汇:48个, 所有生词标注共:463个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[03:51] | Kristin was a suburban girl from California. | 克里斯汀是一个加利福尼亚的郊区女孩 |
[03:54] | But the moment I saw her, | 我看到她的那一刻 |
[03:56] | a voice in my head said, | 我脑中的声音告诉我 |
[03:58] | clear as day, | 清楚如白昼 |
[03:59] | “That’s your wife.” | 那是你的妻子 |
[04:01] | Yeah, that’s right. The first night he said, he asked me to marry him, | 对 第一夜他就让我嫁给他 |
[04:03] | -And, um – Must have been mad. | -然后 -肯定是疯子 |
[04:05] | Yeah, and I- | 没错 |
[04:08] | And I said, “How many women have you asked to marry you before?” | 然后我说 你之前跟多少女人这么说过 |
[04:10] | – So I lied and said, “None.” – Oh, it was a lie? | -于是我撒谎说没有 -那是假的 |
[04:14] | We embarked on seven years of travel and adventure. | 我们开始了七年的旅行和探险 |
[04:18] | We finally married, and settled in Texas, | 最终我们结婚了 定居在德州 |
[04:21] | Where Kristin got a job as a professor of psychology. | 克里斯汀在那当心理学教授 |
[04:24] | And I continued my career in journalism and human rights, | 我继续我的新闻和人权工作 |
[04:27] | Working mainly with the Bushmen of Southern Africa’s Kalahari. | 主要是和南非卡拉哈里的布希人一起工作 |
[04:31] | When Rowan was born, and we began living as a family, | 荣恩出生后 我们才开始像一个家 |
[04:34] | It was like everything had finally fallen into place. | 像是所有东西终于回到正确的地方 |
[04:41] | And then, it all fell apart. | 但是之后 美梦破碎了 |
[04:52] | The world had once been our oyster. | 原本仿佛世界唾手可得 |
[04:54] | Now it had narrowed down to just getting through the next day. | 但现在我们的精力只是考虑怎么度过明天 |
[04:59] | No one could even give us a definitive expianation of what autism even was. | 甚至没人可以告诉我们自闭症准确的定义 |
[05:04] | Now autism obviously means a lot of different things to a lot of people. | 很显然 自闭症对不同的人有不同的含义 |
[05:08] | One could argue that people have different definitions. | 的确 每个人都有不同的定义 |
[05:11] | All right, I’ll have to go. | 那个 我先离开一下 |
[05:13] | Autism is due to neurological abnormalities | 自闭症源于大脑发育早期的 |
[05:17] | in the early growth of the brain. | 神经系统异常 |
[05:19] | Autism is a neurological impairment… | 自闭症是神经系统的缺陷 |
[05:22] | That influences a person’s ability to view the world | 影响一个人观察世界的能力 |
[05:27] | in a socially typical way. | 特别是社交方面 |
[05:29] | I had to learn social skills. Social skills can be taught. | 我得学习社交技巧 社交技巧可以教授 |
[05:32] | But sort of social chitchat just for social relatedness, | 但是社交性的闲谈只是为了维持社交关系 |
[05:35] | I’m not into that. | 我对那不感兴趣 |
[05:36] | In autism the brain is able to detect more information. | 自闭症人的大脑能发现更多信息 |
[05:40] | If their brain is being flooded by lots of detail that the rest of us miss, | 如果他们的大脑被我们忽略的细节填满 |
[05:45] | That could simply get in the way of being able to interact socially. | 那就很容易影响其社交能力 |
[05:51] | In addition that the person has very narrow interests… | 此外 他兴趣范围很狭窄 |
[05:55] | In specific topics- sometimes these are called obsessions. | 只对某些特定主题感兴趣 或称为着迷 |
[05:59] | Today we see autism as a big spectrum… | 如今自闭症的范围很广 |
[06:02] | That can range from the severely mentally retarded person who is completely nonverbal… | 从完全无语言能力的严重智障患者 |
[06:10] | To somebody who is a socially awkward mathematics or physics professor. | 到有社交困难的数学或者物理教授 |
[06:16] | Our lives became clogged under a mountain | 有关自闭症的各种相互矛盾的文献信息 |
[06:18] | of conflicting literature and information on the disorder. | 仿佛大山一样压垮了我们的生活 |
[06:21] | The possible causes, treatments and prognosis. | 可能病因 治疗方法 病情诊断 |
[06:24] | We tried everything. | 我们尝试了所有方法 |
[06:26] | Behavioral analysis, pills, | 行为分析 药物 |
[06:29] | Creams, diets- | 奶油 饮食 |
[06:31] | We were out of options. | 我们没有选择了 |
[06:33] | He didn’t speak to us, | 他不跟我们说话 |
[06:36] | Spent hours lining up objects obsessively, | 花数小时摆弄感兴趣的玩具 |
[06:38] | Was completeiy isolated from other kids… | 完全孤立于其他孩子 |
[06:40] | And subject to endless tantrums. | 经常会出现持续性的闹脾气 |
[06:45] | I’m sorry, sweetheart. | 我很抱歉 甜心 |
[06:46] | His tantrums came in waves, | 他的脾气一波一波的来 |
[06:48] | Several times a day, lasting sometimes up to four hours. | 一天几次 最长可以持续4个小时 |
[06:53] | Autism tantrums, they’re not like normal tantrums. | 自闭症患者的努力 与一般的怒气不同 |
[06:56] | They’re often neuroiogical in origin, | 一般源于神经系统 |
[06:58] | Which means the child is unreachable, | 这意味着我们不能与他沟通 |
[07:01] | impossible even to console. | 安慰他也成枉然 |
[07:03] | Point to where it hurts. Does it hurt here? | 指指是哪疼 是这疼吗 |
[07:06] | Did it hurt here? | 这疼吗 |
[07:12] | Is it here? He’s got a red mark here. | 是这吗 他这有个红点 |
[07:15] | That’s a big mosquito bite. | 那是个蚊子咬的大包 |
[07:19] | – I think maybe that mosquito bite has inflamed – It’s gone. | -我想也许蚊子包是导火索 -它没了 |
[07:23] | – The flea is gone. – The what is gone? | -跳蚤没了 – 什么没了 |
[07:27] | – The flea? – The flea? There’s a flea? | -跳蚤 -跳蚤 有跳蚤吗 |
[07:46] | Hey. Do you want to see the baby goats? | 想看小山羊吗 |
[07:48] | – Goats? – Baby goats? | -山羊 -小山羊 |
[07:53] | Penguin! | 企鹅 |
[08:03] | – More hippo. – Here we go. | -我要河马 -上去 |
[08:06] | – I want more hippo. – You want more hippo? | -我要河马 -你要河马 |
[08:29] | I’d been keeping Rowan away from horses, | 我一直避免让荣恩接近马 |
[08:31] | Because I thought he was unsafe around them. | 因为我觉得那会不安全 |
[08:34] | But one day, | 但是有一天 |
[08:35] | he ran away from me onto the property of my neighbor, Stafford, | 他跑到我的邻居 斯坦福的庄园 |
[08:39] | And ran right up to his old mare, a horse called Betsy. | 直直地跑到他的叫白茨的老母马跟前 |
[08:44] | She didn’t spook. | 它没有受惊 |
[08:45] | Instead, her reaction was so gentle, so submissive, | 相反的 它表现的很温和 很顺从 |
[08:50] | I realized immediately that he had some direct line to her. | 我立刻意识到他跟它有某种直接联系 |
[08:57] | The moment I put Rowan on Betsy’s back, | 我抱荣恩骑上白茨的那一刻 |
[09:01] | he began to speak. | 他开始说话了 |
[09:02] | He’s a nice horse. | 它是匹好马 |
[09:06] | This deep relaxation, it’s such a rare thing for him. | 这样的深度放松 对他来说很不常见 |
[09:11] | There’s something going on between them | 他们之间的联系 |
[09:13] | that even with all my years of dealing with horses, I just have never seen. | 是我跟马打交道这么多年以来从未看到过的 |
[09:18] | It’s this mystery- but it’s a very beautiful mystery. | 这是个谜 但是是个很美的谜 |
[09:22] | Just like autism is a mystery. | 就像自闭症也是个谜 |
[09:26] | Feels like a- | 感觉像 |
[09:29] | A warm sunny day after winter. | 冬日里的一个暖阳天 |
[09:35] | As Rowan began to open up to me for the first time, | 就在荣恩第一次向我敞开心扉时 |
[09:37] | A lightbulb went on in my head. | 我脑子里有了个主意 |
[09:40] | I asked myself, | 我问我自己 |
[09:40] | Why does autism have to mean the shutting down of everything? | 为什么自闭症就意味着停止做所有事 |
[09:44] | Why couldn’t it be a gateway into adventure? | 它为什么不能成为冒险的开始 |
[09:46] | Maybe even a gateway into healing? | 也许甚至是痊愈的开始 |
[09:49] | It may sound odd, | 可能听起来很怪 |
[09:52] | But I have something of a history with traditional healing. | 但我和传统治疗打过交道 |
[09:56] | In the course of my work with the Bushmen, | 在我跟布希人间工作的过程中 |
[09:58] | I had, during the previous 10 years, | 在过去的10年 |
[10:00] | Been introduced into their world | 我被允许进入他们的世界 |
[10:02] | of healing through the use of a Shaman. | 他们通过萨满治愈疾病 |
[10:04] | The Bushmen, and many peoples like them, | 布希人 还有其他像他们一样的民族 |
[10:07] | Address their spiritual dilemmas, | 通过受训练的萨满解决精神困惑 |
[10:11] | their health dilemmas, | 身体病痛 |
[10:12] | their social dilemmas, even their political dilemmas, through the use of a trained shaman, | 社交难题 甚至是政治问题 |
[10:15] | who enters a state of trance, | 萨满进入催眠状态 |
[10:17] | Talks to the spirits, and comes back with an answer. | 与神灵对话 然后带着答案醒来 |
[10:21] | As unbelievable as it may sound, | 尽管听上去很不可信 |
[10:22] | in my years of working with the Bushmen, | 在我跟布希人一起工作的几年 |
[10:25] | I have seen many times, | 我看到过很多次 |
[10:27] | people cured of a variety of illnesses this way. | 人们通过这种方式治好了各种疾病 |
[10:31] | So I asked myself, | 所以我问自己 |
[10:33] | was there a place on earth | 这世上有没有一个地方 |
[10:36] | that combined this kind of Shamanic healing with horses? | 结合萨满和马治愈疾病 |
[10:40] | I did some research. | 我做了些研究 |
[10:42] | It turned out that the place where horseback riding actually originated… | 我发现 世上有这么一个地方 |
[10:46] | Is the same place, the one place on earth, | 那里是人类最早开始骑马的地方 |
[10:49] | Where Shamanism is in fact the state religion. | 同时 那里的人民信奉萨满为国教 |
[10:53] | Mongolia. | 蒙古 |
[10:56] | – You want to jump with Betsy? – Jump with Betsy! | -你想和白茨一起跳吗 -和白茨一起跳 |
[10:58] | – Okay, let’s jump with Betsy. – Betsy! | -好 我们和白茨一起跳 -白茨 |
[11:00] | – Okay, let’s go! oh! – oh, no! Betsy! | -好 我们走 -白茨 |
[11:04] | What if we were to go there, | 要是我们去那会里 |
[11:06] | Riding on horseback from healer to healer? | 骑在马背上找人治病会怎么样 |
[11:09] | What if we were to do something like that? | 要是我们真的那样做会怎么样 |
[11:13] | When he first proposed the idea | 当他第一次提出这个主意的时候 |
[11:17] | I just looked at him like | 我就只是看着他 |
[11:18] | This is crazy. | 这太疯狂了 |
[11:20] | We have an autistic son. | 我们的儿子有自闭症 |
[11:22] | Incredibly difficult to deal with just getting through each day. | 熬过每一天都是极其的困难 |
[11:25] | This is the absolute last thing we need in our life right now… | 这绝对是我现在完全不需要的 |
[11:29] | Is to go to Mongolia on horseback. | 去蒙古骑马 |
[11:31] | It’s just-It’s just insane. | 真是疯了 |
[11:33] | I mean, I don’t even like horses. | 我根本不喜欢马 |
[11:36] | We’re going to try to keep our | 我们要努力把怒气冲天的 |
[11:38] | tantruming autistic son on the horse? | 自闭症儿子稳在马背上 |
[11:40] | Going from Shaman to Shaman? Is this going to work? | 带着他去找一个个萨满 会有用吗 |
[11:44] | But that, eventually, | 但是 最终 |
[11:46] | Is exactly what I convinced her to do, | 我说服了她付诸实践 |
[11:48] | Together we were to set off from Ulaanbaatar, | 我们一起从乌兰巴托出发 |
[11:51] | Meeting with Shamans along the way, | 一路上拜访萨满 |
[11:53] | Then to a sacred lake, Lake Sharga, | 然后去圣湖 沙尔嘎湖 |
[11:57] | Known for its healing waters, | 以它有治愈力的水而闻名 |
[11:59] | And finally, if we could find them, | 最后 如果我们能找到 |
[12:01] | to the mysterious reindeer herders, | 神秘的驯鹿牧民 |
[12:03] | Who live in the far north… | 他们住在遥远的北方 |
[12:05] | Where, I heard, | 在那 我听说 |
[12:07] | the most powerful healer in all Mongolia lived. | 住着蒙古最强大的治疗者 |
[12:10] | Aero-plane! Aero-plane! | 飞机 飞机 |
[12:13] | This is just- it’s just absurd. | 这太荒唐了 |
[12:52] | Our guide, Tulga, | 我们的导游 图加 |
[12:54] | Picked us up at the airport and took us into the capital, Ulaanbaatar. | 在机场接我们 然后送我们去首都 乌兰巴托 |
[12:59] | I don’t know what I was expecting exactly, | 我其实不知道自己在期待什么 |
[13:02] | But this depressed, post-soviet city wasn’t quite it. | 但这个萧条的后苏维埃城市不是我期待的 |
[13:06] | I’d expected the open steppe. | 我期待的是广阔的草原 |
[13:07] | Nomads, horses, Genghis Khan and all his warriors, | 游牧民 马 成吉思汗和他的武士 |
[13:12] | Not an urban slum. | 而不是城市贫民窟 |
[13:16] | I think it wasn’t exactly Rowan’s vision of Mongolia. | 我觉得这不是荣恩所想象的蒙古 |
[13:40] | So look, here we are in the autism world. | 看 我们在自闭症的世界 |
[13:43] | I’m preparing his morning chocolate milk. | 我在准备他早上要喝的巧克力奶 |
[13:45] | These are all meds that are related to his autism. | 这些都是和他自闭症有关的药 |
[13:48] | This is VALTREX, which is the drug for herpes. | 这是怯疹易 治疱疹的药 |
[13:51] | Okay, so we’re gonna grind this up. | 我们要把它磨成粉 |
[13:54] | Then there’s the heavy metals. | 然后是重金属 |
[13:57] | This is to help him metabolize the heavy metals | 这是帮助他代谢掉他体内 |
[13:59] | that we know are in his body. | 我们知道的一些重金属用的 |
[14:03] | Vitamin E. | 维生素E |
[14:06] | East defense. | 守护肠道 |
[14:08] | So this is to sort of help him with his gut. | 应该是帮助他消化 |
[14:11] | – Which isn’t helping. – Which doesn’t appear to be doing anything at all, | -但是没什么用 -现在看是没有什么用 |
[14:15] | But it can’t do him any harm- so what the hell. | 但是又不会有坏处 所以 管它呢 |
[14:17] | And then this one here- I even forget why we’re giving him this one here. | 然后这个 我都忘了我们为什么给他吃这个 |
[14:20] | That’s right- it’s a different type of antivirai… | 对 这是另外一种抗病毒药物 |
[14:24] | That the doctor thinks might help as well to supplement the VALTREX. | 医生认为它也许能辅助怯疹易作用 |
[14:28] | Right. | 对 |
[14:28] | So, shake it up. | 然后 摇一摇 |
[14:35] | Okay. That’s ready for him when he gets up. | 好了 他起来的时候就能喝了 |
[14:38] | Nobody knows what really causes autism. | 没人知道自闭症的真正病因是什么 |
[14:41] | Autism, like many other disorders, is very complex. | 自闭症像很多其他紊乱一样 很复杂 |
[14:45] | These days there is a consensus that genetics… | 最近达成了一个共识 |
[14:48] | Is going to be at the root of the cause. | 基因是深层病因 |
[14:51] | But we know that genes are not going to be the whole explanation. | 但是我们知道基因不能解释一切 |
[14:56] | Recently, there seems to be more problems with very severe autism | 最近似乎出现了更多的无言语能力的 |
[14:59] | that remains nonverbal, | 严重自闭症患者 |
[15:00] | and is regressive autism. | 有患者病情加重 |
[15:01] | And I’m very concerned about environmental contaminants. | 我很担心环境污染物 |
[15:04] | One theory of autism is that individuals with autism… | 一种理论认为患有自闭症的人 |
[15:08] | Are, you might say, a reaction to our environment. | 可以说 是环境的产物 |
[15:12] | There’s a lot of pollutants out there, there’s heavy metals, | 现今环境中有很多污染物 重金属 |
[15:15] | There are pesticides. | 农药 |
[15:16] | This is having a huge impact on the human body. | 对人类的身体有很大的影响 |
[15:19] | There isn’t much doubt that… | 毋庸置疑的是 |
[15:22] | An environmental factor will eventually be established. | 环境因素最终会被证实 |
[15:26] | And it may be that it has to interact with the genes. | 它会和基因相互作用 |
[15:29] | That environmental factor only contributes to autism in an individual | 只有在个体带有致病基因时 |
[15:32] | who’s already got a genetic susceptibility. | 环境因素才会促使自闭症的产生 |
[15:44] | Before our arrival, | 我们来之前 |
[15:46] | Tulga had been putting the word out that Rowan was coming. | 图加就告诉大家说荣恩要来 |
[15:49] | The result was that Shamans were traveling in from all over the country for the healing, | 结果 萨满们从全国各地赶来治疗 |
[15:53] | In what we were told would be the largest gathering of Shamans | 他们告诉我们这是共产主义结束后 |
[15:55] | since the end of communism. | 最大的萨满集会 |
[15:59] | We’re going up to the sacred mountain outside of Ulaanbaatar- | 我们要去乌兰巴托城外的圣山 |
[16:06] | Tsegaan Uul is the name of it. | 名叫白山 |
[16:07] | And, um, nine Shamans are going to meet us there, | 我们去那里见九个萨满 |
[16:10] | and perform a ritual on Rowan. | 要为荣恩举行一场宗教仪式 |
[16:15] | I’m quite hopeful. I think it could be… | 我满怀希望 我认为这 |
[16:18] | Interesting for all of us. | 对我们来说都会很有趣 |
[16:20] | We’re going to do what all normal families do on a- | 我们会像一般正常家庭一样 |
[16:23] | What day is it today- morning, | 今天周几 就今天早上 |
[16:25] | um, we’re going to go up a several-thousand-foot mountain | 我们要爬一座几千英尺的高山 |
[16:29] | and perform a four-hour ritual with shamans. | 然后跟萨满祭司举行四小时的宗教仪式 |
[16:31] | Isn’t that what all families do? | 所有家庭不都这么做吗 |
[16:37] | Come here. | 过来 |
[16:39] | We gotta go back! | 我们得回去了 |
[16:53] | Tell you what, Rowan, let’s go take a little walk down to the river. | 荣恩 咱们去河边走走吧 |
[16:56] | Do you want to have a walk down to the river? | 你想去吗 |
[16:58] | I won’t walk down to the river. | 我不想去河边 |
[17:05] | Hello. | 你好 |
[17:07] | Thank you for seeing us. | 感谢你来见我们 |
[17:09] | Uh, it’s really happy to receive you in the Mongoliland, | 欢迎你来到蒙古 |
[17:14] | And, uh, his land and our land. | 是他也是我们大家的地方 |
[17:18] | You come here and, really happy to receive you here. | 很欢迎你来到这里 |
[17:23] | Well, we’re very grateful to be here. | 我们很高兴能来这儿 |
[17:40] | Don’t step on that, sweetie. | 亲爱的别踩到那个 |
[18:34] | 他在仪式上唱的是 | |
[18:39] | 他是说在你家族中有个女人 | |
[18:44] | 好像患有精神疾病 | |
[18:50] | Yeah, mental illness.My grandmother. | 没错 是精神疾病 我的外婆 |
[18:53] | 我这边是我外婆有精神疾病 | |
[18:56] | 但她得的不是自闭症 她是躁郁症 | |
[18:59] | 如果你有所了解的话 她是精神出了问题 | |
[19:04] | In fact, all the shamans concurred | 事实上 所有萨满都认为 |
[19:07] | that a recent ancestor, a femaie ancestor, on Kristin’s side, | 克里斯汀那边的一个近几代的女性先人 |
[19:11] | was somehow clinging to Rowan. | 不知怎的附在了荣恩身上 |
[19:13] | Perhaps trying to harm him, or even pull him away. | 可能是想伤害他 甚至想带他走 |
[19:16] | If he doesn’t want to have a drink of it, | 要是他不想喝这个 |
[19:20] | is it okay, or can we? | 可以吗 |
[19:22] | Have some water. Here’s some more water. | 喝点水 这儿 |
[19:25] | Have some water. Water, out of the box. Water. | 喝点水 从盒子里 |
[19:29] | – What’s that? – It’s water. | -这是什么 -是水 |
[19:30] | It’s white water. White water. Tastes like water. Taste it. | 是白色的水 喝起来跟水一样 尝尝 |
[19:34] | Just take a little sip. | 尝一小口 |
[19:36] | – Water! – Take a little drink. | -水 -喝一点 |
[19:39] | Drink! water, water! water! | 喝 水 水 水 |
[19:44] | 你得朝着你们国家的方向 | |
[19:49] | 你还得清洗下身 | |
[19:53] | 就是荣恩出生的地方 | |
[19:56] | 你得从上到下清洗 像这样 | |
[20:00] | 可以穿着衣服吗 | |
[20:03] | No? Okay. All right. | 不吗 行 |
[20:05] | 你得快点 去那边 | |
[20:08] | The shamans also said that a black energy | 萨满还说一种黑暗的能量 |
[20:11] | had entered Kristin’s womb during the pregnancy. | 在克里斯汀怀孕时进入了她的子宫 |
[20:14] | Yeah, just don’t show my cellulite, that’s all I ask. | 别拍到我的桔皮组织 我就要求这么多 |
[20:22] | All right. You can photoshop that, can’t you? | 记得打上马赛克 |
[20:37] | I’ve gotta go see the shaman. | 我要去看萨满 |
[20:47] | I couldn’t help wondering. | 我真想知道 |
[20:49] | Did I really have his best interest at heart here? | 我做的是他真正想要的吗 |
[20:52] | Was I being a terrible father? | 我是个坏父亲吗 |
[20:55] | I didn’t know. | 我不知道 |
[21:13] | Is he gonna whip me? | 他要用那个抽我吗 |
[21:15] | 会的 稍稍 | |
[21:16] | 你不能大叫 | |
[21:39] | 你得跪着朝向大山 | |
[21:42] | 不能喊叫 | |
[21:43] | Okay. | 好 |
[21:45] | Remember, you’re not allowed to cry out, love. | 记得 你不能大叫 亲爱的 |
[21:57] | Higher. | 高点 |
[21:58] | High, higher. | 高点 高点 |
[22:05] | Okay, that’s fine. | 行了 |
[22:07] | Okay, it’s all gone now. | 好了 没事了 |
[22:16] | I have them too. | 我也有 |
[22:20] | Well done. I’m proud of you. | 干得好 我为你骄傲 |
[22:26] | Come here. Come here. | 过来 过来 |
[22:32] | Excuse my craziness. | 抱歉我如此疯狂 |
[22:42] | And then something happened. Something was released. | 然后有效果了 某些东西被释放了 |
[22:45] | Rowan began laughing, giggling, playing with the shamans. | 荣恩开始欢笑 和萨满玩在一起 |
[22:51] | We were together again, as a family. | 我们重新作为家人在一起 |
[23:12] | Clouds gathered. A cool wind got up, and the rains came. | 乌云聚集 凉风骤起 暴雨来到 |
[23:17] | A very good sign, said the shamans. | 萨满说这是好兆头 |
[23:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[23:49] | After the last shaman had finished, | 在最后一个萨满结束后 |
[23:51] | Rowan turned to this small mongolian boy | 荣恩走向一个蒙古小男孩 |
[23:53] | who’d been there at the ceremony. | 仪式过程中他一直在这儿 |
[23:56] | And right out of the blue, hugged him, and said, “mongolian brother” | 他忽然抱住了他 并说道”蒙古兄弟” |
[24:01] | He’d never done anything like this before. | 他从来没这么做过 |
[24:05] | The boy’s name was Tomoo, the 6-year-old son of Tulga, our guide. | 男孩叫图穆 是向导图加六岁的儿子 |
[24:09] | After seeing the boys’ interaction, | 看到他们的互动 |
[24:12] | Tulga decided to bring Tomoo on the trip with us. | 图加决定带他与我们同行 |
[24:43] | Next morning, we set off into the great interior of mongolia. | 第二天清早 我们出发前往蒙古的内陆地区 |
[24:49] | Ten hours’ drive to the first nomad camp, | 驱车十小时后我们到达了首个游牧帐篷 |
[24:52] | where we were to meet the guides and horses | 在这儿我们要与向导和马匹会合 |
[24:54] | who would take us to Lake Sharga and its healing waters. | 他们会带我们到沙尔嘎湖去 |
[25:05] | – Are they gonna play together? – I think they might. | -他们要在一起玩吗 -我想是 |
[25:14] | This is very unusual. This is totally unusual. | 这是很不常见到的 非常不一般 |
[25:16] | Playing with another kid like that. Very unusual. | 和其他孩子这么玩儿 很不常见 |
[25:19] | I haven’t seen him do that kind of interactive play before, | 我以前没有见过他做这样互动的游戏 |
[25:24] | ever, actually. | 从来没有 |
[25:27] | The most he’s ever done with another child is playing chase. | 以前最多也就是跟其他小孩下下棋 |
[25:30] | – But to actually have a sword fight and then, – Never done that before. | -和别人拼剑玩然后 -从来没有过 |
[25:33] | talking about being a pirate. | 说他想当个海盗 |
[25:35] | Never done that before. | 从来没有过 |
[25:36] | – Take this pirate ship. – Very, very cool kid, Tulga’s son. | -拿着这个海盗船 -图加的儿子很不错 |
[25:42] | That’s really encouraging, isn’t it? | 很鼓舞人心是吧 |
[25:47] | How do you like it? You don’t like it? | 你觉得怎么样 不喜欢吗 |
[25:49] | – I don’t like it? – Or, or, you like it? Or? | -我不喜欢吗 -还是喜欢呢 |
[25:52] | Oh, yeah! no, no, I’m doing a little dance. Okay. | 当然喜欢 我高兴得要跳舞了 |
[26:03] | All I know is we went to see the shaman, | 我所知道的就是我们去见了萨满 |
[26:06] | And now, two days later, we’re seeing even more involved play | 两天后我们就发现荣恩更愿意游戏了 |
[26:10] | that I’ve never seen before ever. | 这是从没见过的 |
[26:13] | Is this because of the shamans? Isn’t this because of the shamans? | 是因为萨满吗 或许不是因为萨满呢 |
[26:16] | All I know is, we went to the shamans, and now this is happening. | 我只知道我们去找萨满后这一切就发生了 |
[26:30] | Hey, Rowan, can you go poopie on the potty? | 荣恩 你能坐在马桶上拉便便吗 |
[26:36] | – Can you go poopie on the potty? – Yes, I do. | -你能坐在马桶上拉便便吗 -我可以 |
[26:39] | Yes, you do! Do a poopie! | 你能 那就拉吧 |
[26:41] | – Do a poopie! – No! | -拉吧 -不 |
[26:43] | No? Can you do poopie on the potty? | 不能吗 你会坐在马桶上拉吗 |
[26:45] | – All done! – All done? All done poopie? | -好了 – 拉完了吗 |
[26:47] | I don’t think he’s ever successfully gone poo in the potty. | 我想他从来没有坐在马桶上大便过 |
[26:51] | Pretty much everything the books tell you you should try doing, | 差不多书上所写让你尝试的 |
[26:54] | we’ve tried, | 我们都试过了 |
[26:55] | and have had no success. | 但都没成功 |
[26:57] | We took him out of diapers because we just thought if we didn’t, he’d | 我们不给他用尿不湿 因为一旦给他用 |
[27:00] | be in diapers forever. | 他就永远离不开了 |
[27:01] | So we just have him wear underwear, | 所以我们就给他穿内裤 |
[27:04] | and hope that it’s going to be so uncomfortable pooping in your underwear | 这样他拉在裤子里就会很不舒服 |
[27:10] | that he’ll eventually be potty-trained. | 他最终就会去用马桶 |
[27:13] | Although it doesn’t seem to be working out that way very much. | 但是这好像行不通 |
[27:17] | All right, let me just make sure you’ve recovered. | 让我看看你好了没 |
[27:20] | If I could make one wish for the mongolia trip, if they could like, | 如果我能为蒙古之行许个愿 我希望他们能 |
[27:24] | heal his resistance to using the potty. | 帮他摆脱对马桶的抗拒 |
[27:26] | That is a very big wish. | 这是一个天大的心愿 |
[27:30] | He could finally learn to use the potty. | 如果他学会用马桶 |
[27:32] | It would make our lives tremendously easier. | 我们的生活就轻松多了 |
[27:34] | I’m so tired of changing poopie underpants, I can’t even tell you. | 我真的不想每天换洗脏内裤了 这真没法说 |
[27:39] | Man. yuck. | 真恶心 |
[27:41] | I’ve got a little plastic bag in there. | 有个塑料袋在那里 |
[27:43] | – Jesus Christ. – This is a bad one. | -上帝啊 -这太糟糕了 |
[27:46] | Get you all clean. | 帮你弄干净 |
[27:51] | Wow, that was, that was an explosion, mate. | 这仿佛火山爆发 伙计 |
[27:56] | I don’t feel quite as glamorous as Steve Irwin, | 我没有史蒂夫・厄尔文那么迷人 |
[27:59] | But I do feel like I just wrestled with a beast. | 但我刚才真觉得像是跟野兽搏斗过 |
[28:03] | Okay. | 好了 |
[28:05] | And at least the rainstorm hasn’t hit yet. | 至少暴风雨还没来 |
[28:15] | That was what you call a code brown. | 这就是所谓的棕色警报 |
[28:37] | Here we are. | 到了 |
[28:39] | Our first night. | 第一晚 |
[28:41] | Horses here? | 马都在吗 |
[28:43] | Yes, horses here. | 都在 |
[28:48] | We’ve just arrived at our first nomadic encampment. | 我们到达了首个牧民营地 |
[28:53] | This is Rowan’s first introduction to mongolia proper. | 这是荣恩第一次完全地融入蒙古 |
[28:57] | He’s just, um, totally into it. | 他有点忘情了 |
[29:02] | Oh, on we get. | 我们上去 |
[29:05] | Hold the horn. | 抓住犄角 |
[29:14] | For the tonight, we set up tent. | 我们为晚上睡觉搭了帐篷 |
[29:17] | Of course, the kitchen makes food. | 在厨房做饭 |
[29:20] | Also, the horses are already there, | 马已经在那儿了 |
[29:22] | And we will be seeing our horses | 我们看着这些 |
[29:26] | which have been prepared for us. | 他们为我们准备的马 |
[29:30] | So they’ve been trained horses for | 他们已经训练了这些马 |
[29:34] | three days, minimum, yeah. | 至少三天了 |
[29:38] | Right? | 对吗 |
[29:41] | So we’re going to be riding on horses that | 我们即将骑在这些 |
[29:43] | have never been ridden by westerners before. | 从没被西方人骑过的马上 |
[29:45] | This should be interesting. | 应该会很有趣 |
[29:49] | Oh, dear. | 神啊 |
[29:56] | Mmm. god, this is beautiful. | 上帝啊 真美 |
[30:25] | Oh, hello, Mr.goats! | 山羊先生 你好 |
[30:28] | No, I’m with the goats. In we go. | 我跟山羊在一起 我们进去 |
[30:33] | Rowan’s relationship with animals is extraordinary. | 荣恩和动物的关系不一般 |
[30:37] | All these animals are incredibly tolerant of him. | 动物对他都很友善 |
[30:39] | They let him do stuff that neurotypical kids often can’t get away with. | 他能对它们做正常孩子不能做的事情 |
[30:51] | He, he picks them up. He chucks them around. | 他把它们捡起来 轻轻抚摸 |
[30:53] | And they won’t, the cat won’t scratch him. | 猫不会抓他 |
[30:56] | The goats just sort of go limp and let him do this. | 山羊懒洋洋的任凭他这么做 |
[30:58] | And we see this time and time again. He’s got something with animals. | 这我们经常见 他和动物关系不一般 |
[31:01] | And he’s always been obsessed with animals. | 而且他对动物们很着迷 |
[31:11] | People with autism often have incredibly special talents. | 自闭者经常会有特殊的天赋 |
[31:14] | And they do things better than somebody that might not have autism. | 他们可能比有些正常的孩子做得更好 |
[31:19] | For example, the ability to focus on a very narrow topic, | 比如他们能集中精力在非常个别的主题上 |
[31:23] | To the exclusion of everything else, maybe a very positive thing. | 排除其他东西的干扰 或许是很活跃的东西 |
[31:27] | We’ve come across some who are excellent painters, | 我们见到过一些自闭者是优秀的画家 |
[31:31] | excellent musicians, excellent at math. | 音乐家 数学家 |
[31:34] | You wouldn’t have any electricity in this building. | 你不会有电力在这座大楼里 |
[31:36] | You wouldn’t have any camera to film this interview. | 你不会有摄影机来拍摄这个访问 |
[31:38] | Any of these things if you didn’t | 要是没有这些某种程度的自闭者 |
[31:40] | have people on some degree on the autism spectrum. | 我们就不会拥有这些 |
[31:42] | So some of those genes that are involved in autism | 和自闭症有关的基因 |
[31:46] | may also have been very important as contributors | 对于为人类进步有所贡献的人来说 |
[31:49] | to the success of humanity. | 可能非常重要 |
[31:57] | So now this week, I came in, | 这个礼拜 我进去的时候 |
[32:00] | and I found that he had started | 发现他开始 |
[32:02] | putting his animals in boxes, and sorting them. | 把动物放进盒子里并给他们分类 |
[32:06] | Look, all the birds are in this box here. | 瞧 所有鸟类都在这个盒子里 |
[32:09] | The rhinos and the pigs are together. | 犀牛和猪放在一起 |
[32:12] | They are biologically close to each other. | 它们在生物学上是相近的 |
[32:15] | No one’s told him this. | 这没人跟他说过 |
[32:19] | The camel, the bison and the musk ox are together- | 骆驼 美洲野牛和麝香牛在一起 |
[32:23] | The large cloven-hoofed animals. | 大型偶蹄动物 |
[32:26] | Now it gets interesting. | 这就有趣了 |
[32:31] | This is plain’s game.Buffalo, zebra, kudu, gemsbok antelope. | 草原兽群 水牛 斑马 条纹羚和大羚羊 |
[32:35] | He knows that these animals group together. He must | 他知道这些动物是一组的 他一定 |
[32:38] | I guess he’s observed this in a wildlife documentary. | 我猜他认真看过野生动物的纪录片 |
[32:41] | Um, and then over here all by itself in a special box, is the horse. | 这儿单独放在一个特殊的盒子里的是马 |
[32:45] | So, he’s categorizing correctly, at age four, | 所以他在四岁就可以正确的分类动物 |
[32:51] | The genuses and species, and what their relationship is to each other. | 种 属 相互的亲缘关系 |
[32:55] | But no one’s told him this. | 都没人跟他讲过 |
[32:57] | So this, if you like, is a really good allegory of the mind of the autistic kid. | 这是自闭儿童心灵的一个很好的寓言 |
[33:03] | In- in some ways, um, really advanced. | 从某些方面讲是很超前的 |
[33:07] | But also, if you say,”Hi, little boy, what’s your name?” | 但是 如果你问他的名字 |
[33:12] | He’ll completely blank you. | 他会彻底无视你 |
[33:38] | But the locals, they say to us, um, | 当地人跟我们说 |
[33:42] | You brought the rain. | 是我们带来了雨水 |
[33:45] | It hasn’t been raining like this. | 很久没这样下过雨了 |
[33:47] | They like to say, uh, | 他们说 |
[33:49] | The man bringing rain | 带来雨水的人 |
[33:52] | has to be really, really good person. | 一定是大好人 |
[33:55] | So we respect the person… | 所以我们尊敬他 |
[33:57] | and offer many good foods, | 给他很多食物 |
[34:01] | and be more polite with the people. | 对他更友好 |
[34:07] | So, Tulga, do you want to just tell us what we’ve got here? | 图加 说说这些都是什么吧 |
[34:11] | We got sausages, and, um, | 有香肠 |
[34:16] | lung and liver, and hearts. | 肺和肝 还有心 |
[34:19] | Oh, cheers. | 干杯 |
[34:21] | Thank you for having us. | 谢谢款待 |
[34:27] | All right, so, I’m going to start with this one, piece by piece. | 我从这儿开始切 一片一片来 |
[34:31] | – This is the… – I think it’s the lung. | -这是 -我想是肺吧 |
[34:34] | Mmm, lung, my favorite. | 肺是我的最爱 |
[34:39] | That’s, um, really challenging. | 这个很有挑战性 |
[34:45] | – You’re enjoying this, aren’t you? – Oh, yeah. | -你很喜欢这个吧 -是啊 |
[34:47] | I’m enjoying. | 我很喜欢 |
[34:55] | That’s, um | 这个嘛 |
[34:58] | I can only say this in English, but that’s really horrible. | 我只会用英语说 挺恐怖 |
[35:01] | Um, but I’m going to eat it anyway. | 但不管怎么样我都要咽下去 |
[35:04] | It can go pretty good with, uh, some fats with it. | 跟肥肉一起吃味道不错 |
[35:12] | Look! There’s daddy! | 瞧 爸爸来了 |
[35:20] | No, thank you. | 不 谢了 |
[35:22] | Car! | 车 |
[35:25] | – Do you wanna go into my car? – Take it. Here. | -你想进我车里吗 -拿着 |
[35:29] | Car, car. | 车 车 |
[35:32] | Car. I want a car. | 车 我想要辆车 |
[35:34] | – Go to the car? – Let’s go to the car. | -去车那儿吗 -咱们去车那儿 |
[35:36] | Yeah. we’ll go to the car. | 好 我们一会就上车 |
[35:38] | But, you know… | 可你… |
[35:38] | Car! to the car. | 车 我要上车 |
[35:40] | To the car? | 要上车吗 |
[35:41] | Say, “car, please, daddy.,, | 你得说爸爸我要上车 |
[35:43] | I’m feeling a littie anxious right now. | 此时此刻我有点担心 |
[35:45] | Um, I don’t know if i’m doing the right thing. | 我不知道这样做是否正确 |
[35:48] | It just makes you feel a little bit like, what are we putting him through? | 现在我们会觉得 为什么要让他经历这一切 |
[35:51] | It is hard. it’s stressful. it’s difficult. | 很困难 压力重重 困难重重 |
[35:55] | Guys, we have to get moving. | 我们必须前进了 |
[35:57] | Car! car! car! | 车 车 我要上车 |
[36:02] | We’ve waited almost too long. | 我们已经等太久了 |
[36:05] | All right, I’m going to keep getting moving. let’s get moving. | 我要继续往前走 出发吧 |
[36:09] | I’d never seen Rowan reject a horse before. | 我从来没见过荣恩对骑马这么抗拒 |
[36:11] | Never seen him tantrum on a horse. | 没见过他在骑马时发这么大脾气 |
[36:14] | The horse was always the place where his tantrums went away. | 以前他骑马时总是很乖 |
[36:20] | I can’t ride on the horse. i’m just so tired and exhausted. | 我骑不了马了 我已经精疲力尽了 |
[36:24] | Really? | 是吗 |
[36:24] | And we’ve only been to you have to kick every single step. | 接下来就看你的了 |
[36:27] | Do you want to take this horse? | 你要骑这匹马吗 |
[36:27] | And to trot i’ve got to like… | 让马小跑时我都得这样… |
[36:30] | Do you want to take this horse? | 你要骑这匹马吗 |
[36:31] | if you can change saddles. | 你把马鞍换了我就骑 |
[36:33] | Um, it’ll take long to change. | 换马鞍很麻烦的 |
[36:35] | I’ll ride in the van. | 我要回到车上去 |
[36:35] | Jeremy’s going to ride and see if he does better. | 杰里米会接着骑 看他骑术如何 |
[36:37] | – Jeremy – Jeremy? | -杰里米 -杰里米 |
[36:39] | Sit tight sit tight sit tight | 坐稳 坐稳 坐稳 |
[36:40] | Whoa oh, dear oh- oh, shit | 噢 啊 糟糕 |
[36:42] | Oh, jesus christ | 我的天哪 |
[36:45] | Oh, man. see, it is a butt-fucker of a horse | 看吧 这屁马不太听话 |
[36:48] | Are you okay, sweetie? | 宝贝 你怎么样 |
[36:50] | You wanna get down? okay, you can get down. | 要下来吗 好吧下来吧 |
[36:51] | But the problem is every time we stop like this… | 问题在于每次我们都是这样停滞不前 |
[36:53] | – Mummy. – You want to go see mummy? | -妈妈 -你要去找妈妈吗 |
[36:55] | You want to ride in the car with mummy for a bit? | 想和妈妈到车里待一会儿 |
[36:58] | Okay. oh! | 那好 |
[37:01] | I’m sorry. i’m in a very negative mood. | 抱歉 我现在状态很差 |
[37:03] | That was one of the most uncomfortable half hours | 这半小时是我人生中 |
[37:05] | i’ve ever spent in my life. | 过的最不舒服的时间 |
[37:06] | All right. well, enjoy the ride in the car for a bit. | 好了 在车里休息一下吧 |
[37:08] | Okay. | 好的 |
[37:12] | And so, my son took off, | 就这样 儿子离开了这里 |
[37:15] | into the center of mongolia, | 向蒙古中部出发 |
[37:16] | In the back of a van with leopard-skin seats and pink curtains. | 他坐在有粉色窗帘和豹纹车座的车里 |
[37:24] | And… | 然后… |
[37:28] | Count! | 数数 |
[37:29] | One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, stop! | 一二三四五六七八九 停 |
[37:34] | One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, stop! | 一二三四五六七八九 停 |
[37:37] | You want to do that? yes, please, or no, thank you? | 你想玩吗 想就说要 不想就说谢谢 |
[37:38] | Yes, please! | 想 |
[37:39] | Okay, let’s do it! | 好棒 开始 |
[37:41] | And, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, stop! | 一二三四五六七八九 停 |
[37:50] | In my daydream, | 我幻想着 |
[37:52] | This trip to mongolia would bring him by himself riding. | 此次蒙古之行能让他学会骑马 |
[38:00] | Him not having to sit there in the saddle with me. | 再也不用我来保护他 |
[38:03] | Him riding, by himself. | 自己就可以骑得很好 |
[38:05] | Every parent who has this passionate interest… | 每个热爱骑马的父母都希望自己的孩子 |
[38:08] | wants to share that passionate interest with their child. | 能一起分享骑马带来的乐趣 |
[38:12] | But it’s more than that. | 不仅如此 |
[38:13] | If Rowan can ride, | 如果荣恩学会骑马 |
[38:15] | then he’s free. | 他就会重获新生 |
[38:16] | Then he’s got freedom. | 获得真正的自由 |
[38:17] | If that’s something that could come of this trip, then… | 如果在这里能将愿望实现 |
[38:20] | That alone would be… | 那能教会他独自骑马 |
[38:22] | would be everything to me. | 就是我生命中的全部 |
[38:24] | …seven, eight, nine, stop! | 七 八 九 停 |
[38:37] | Eventually we let him out to play at a river, | 我们最后还是让他到河边玩耍 |
[38:40] | And Tulga took off with the van to try and find a mountain… | 图加驱车去寻找 |
[38:43] | Where he could get a cell phone reception. | 能收到手机讯号的地方 |
[38:45] | That was a mistake. | 我犯了个错误 |
[38:48] | The van was now Rowan’s anchor of comfort | 在这个陌生的环境里 |
[38:50] | in this unfamiliar place. | 我们的车已经成为荣恩的避风港 |
[38:54] | Now it suddenly wasn’t there. | 可现在却不见了 |
[38:56] | The result? total meltdown. | 结果 他彻底崩溃了 |
[38:59] | Oh, oh, oh, he’s pooing, I think. are you going pooing? | 他在大便 我想 你在大便吗 |
[39:03] | Gotta get clean. | 要洗干净 |
[39:05] | Okay, we can use water from the water bottle. | 我们可以用瓶子里的水 |
[39:07] | Switch off the camera and come and help us. | 把摄像机关掉 过来帮忙 |
[39:13] | Wrong | 错了 |
[39:15] | We gotta go home! | 我们得回家去 |
[39:23] | Eagle! eagle! | 老鹰 老鹰 |
[39:26] | – What’s wrong? – The van’s coming. | -怎么了 -车开过来了 |
[39:29] | The van will be here in about one minute. already. do you see? | 车马上就过来了 好了 看到没 |
[39:32] | – There it is. – See, there’s the van. | -来了 -车来了 |
[39:33] | The van’s over there. | 车就在那边 |
[39:39] | You want me, hon? you want me, hon? oh, poor darling. | 要我抱抱吗 要抱抱吗 小可怜 |
[39:44] | Okay, van’s coming. van’s coming. | 好了 车来了 车来了 |
[39:47] | Van’s coming. van’s coming. there’s the van. | 车来了 车来了 车在那边 |
[39:50] | You do? | 好点了吗 |
[40:04] | I completely fucked up. | 我真没用 |
[40:06] | I turned, through just not thinking straight, | 我晕了 没有想清楚 |
[40:11] | A delightful experience for him, | 本想带给他快乐 |
[40:13] | Into a pretty traumatic experience for him. | 却给他造成痛苦 |
[40:18] | And what that is teaching me… | 教训是 |
[40:21] | is i’ve got to abandon any adult agenda. | 是不再像成人那样思考 |
[40:24] | And it’s funny, I hadn’t even really realized | 可笑的是我都没意识到 |
[40:27] | until this moment that I kind of had one. | 直到现在 |
[40:30] | So I let him down. | 我让他失望了 |
[40:33] | And the important thing is just to… | 现在应该做的是 |
[40:37] | remember why we’re here, and why we’re here is for him. | 记住我们来这的目的 来这是为了他 |
[40:42] | It’s the good and the right lesson to have learned. | 这是我们应该牢记的 |
[40:57] | Up! down. | 上 下 |
[41:02] | Up! down. | 上 下 |
[41:06] | Get the geese get Tomoo. | 去抓鹅 去追图穆 |
[41:08] | Chase the geese we’re chasing the geese! | 去追鹅 我们去追鹅 |
[41:24] | I guess i’m forgiven. | 我觉得他原谅我了 |
[41:36] | It’s pretty cool, huh? what an adventure. | 很棒吧 多么难忘的经历 |
[41:38] | What an adventure. I love my son. | 太难忘了 我爱我的孩子 |
[41:44] | And he loves you. | 他也爱你 |
[41:49] | That’s a good thing. | 真好 |
[43:29] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[43:37] | Well, it’s true. | 没错 |
[43:38] | I’m a- i’m a better father | 因为他的自闭症 |
[43:40] | because of his autism. | 我成为了一个更好的父亲 |
[43:44] | I never thought i’d say that. | 从没想过我会这么说 |
[43:46] | but there’s no question. | 但这是毋庸置疑的 |
[43:49] | I don’t think I would have been… | 不然我也不会 |
[43:52] | That great a dad otherwise. | 成为一名伟大的父亲 |
[43:57] | All right, mate. | 好了 小家伙 |
[43:58] | Do you want to eat, or do you want to go up to bed? | 要不要吃点东西 还是上床睡觉 |
[44:01] | You want to go up to bed. okay. | 你想睡觉了 好的 |
[44:05] | I’m a better father because his autism forced me to | 我能成为称职的父亲 是因为他的病 |
[44:06] | listen to what interested him above all else, | 强迫我必须关注他喜欢什么 |
[44:09] | and implement it because I had no choice. | 然后满足他 别无选择 |
[44:16] | Um, i’m glad now that I had no choice. | 我现在很庆幸当时的别无选择 |
[44:18] | It was tough at the time, but… | 那段时间虽然很难熬 但是… |
[44:22] | we’re onto something good here. | 至少现在情况很乐观 |
[44:28] | Very traditional mongolian fire. | 非常传统的蒙古篝火 |
[45:30] | Since the ceremony, | 宗教仪式后 |
[45:31] | I’ve been having these really vivid dreams, | 我连续好几天都做了很生动的梦 |
[45:33] | And I dreamt that I saw my grandmother happy, walking away, | 我梦见我的外婆 她很开心地离开 |
[45:37] | like she had let go of Rowan. | 好像是她放开了荣恩 |
[45:41] | My dreams have been so powerful lately. | 这几天的梦我都印象深刻 |
[45:44] | I mean, normally, I don’t remember my dreams at all, | 平时我根本不记得前一晚梦到什么 |
[45:46] | But I have been here. | 但是在这里却不同 |
[45:47] | But there is definitely a connection with, you know, my grandmother. | 在这里我能明显感受到我外婆的存在 |
[45:51] | All her grief and sadness, and that tendency, | 能感受到她的伤心和悲痛 还有 |
[45:54] | That kind of negativity my grandmother really had. | 外婆生前就有的悲观倾向 |
[45:57] | I mean, in a way, she was a black hole. | 某种程度 她仿佛一个黑洞 |
[46:00] | What’s interesting is, you know, | 有趣的是 |
[46:02] | because I have a difficult time wholly understanding spirits. | 有段时间我很难理解什么是灵魂 |
[46:05] | I mean, to be honest, I don’t really believe in spirits, | 说实话 我根本不相信世上有灵魂 |
[46:10] | You know, as kind of actual entities. | 不相信它们真实存在 |
[46:12] | I believe in them more as symbolic entities. | 觉得它们是人们虚构出来的东西 |
[46:15] | What’s interesting is that I really saw it as, um… | 奇怪的是我居然亲眼见到了 |
[46:18] | I saw her spirit as a symbol, | 我看到的她也许是真是存在 |
[46:20] | or maybe the actual, who knows, | 天知道 也许只是一种象征 |
[46:22] | Of that tendency in the female line… | 代表着我母亲家族中 |
[46:25] | On my mother’s side, um, | 对满足愿望的渴求 |
[46:28] | of this real clinging, and just kind of… | 自己愿望无法满足时 |
[46:34] | rage against not wanting things to be other than as they want them to be. | 所产生的愤怒 |
[46:38] | And it’s been passed down from her to my mother to me, | 一代一代传下来 |
[46:42] | to Rowan. | 传到了荣恩这里 |
[46:44] | My rational mind says, what does all this mean? | 我的理智问 这又意味着什么呢 |
[46:48] | But, you know, there’s some connection there. | 可是 在这里我确实感觉到某种感应 |
[47:04] | This is a good-bye photograph. | 这是离别之前的合影 |
[47:06] | Good-bye photograph. | 合影留念 |
[47:08] | One, two, three. | 一 二 三 |
[47:13] | Good-bye, blackie. | 小黑 再见 |
[47:21] | 他们说这有泉水 | |
[47:23] | 这里有不少处泉水 | |
[47:24] | 其中一处对大脑有帮助 | |
[47:29] | 是啊 他是这么说的 | |
[47:31] | Maybe we can ask the locals | 我们可以问问当地人 |
[47:32] | if they know which one is good for the brain. | 知不知道哪处的泉水对大脑有帮助 |
[47:34] | Do you think we could visit the one that’s good for the brain? | 你觉得我们该去找对大脑有帮助的泉水吗 |
[47:35] | 我们还有时间 去找找吧 | |
[47:37] | Yes, let’s do that. | 好的 就这么定了 |
[47:44] | Bye-bye! | 再见 |
[47:46] | Say “bye-bye, blackie! | 跟小黑说再见 |
[47:48] | We decided to take the old man’s advice… | 我们决定采纳老人的意见 |
[47:49] | And head to Lake Sharga and the healing spring, | 到沙尔嘎湖去寻找神奇的泉水 |
[47:53] | where, so they said, | 希望如他们所说 |
[47:54] | we could wash away our suffering. | 可以洗去我们的苦难 |
[48:00] | So, back into the van we got, for three days’ hard travel. | 回到车里 接下来是三天的长途跋涉 |
[48:11] | The shamans had given us some homework. | 萨满祭司之前给我们安排了任务 |
[48:14] | Every night, until we left mongolia, | 在蒙古的每个夜晚 |
[48:17] | we had to perform a series of rituals, | 都必须进行一系列的宗教仪式 |
[48:19] | while praying for whatever negative forces | 祈祷控制着荣恩的消极力量 |
[48:22] | were affecting Rowan to leave him be. | 快点离开他 |
[48:24] | Including, as out there as it sounds even by my standards, | 还有克里斯汀患有躁郁症的外婆的灵魂 |
[48:28] | the spirit of Kristin’s manic-depressive grandmother. | 这一点 即使于我来看 也仿佛迷信 |
[48:33] | He’s just making cognitive advances… | 他在锻炼自己的认知力 |
[48:37] | at an accelerated rate over the last few days. | 这些日子以来 进步神速 |
[48:41] | I think having Tomoo along is, you know, key to all this. | 这就是我要带图穆一起的原因 |
[48:50] | Do you want, uh, a rainman cookie? | 来一块雨人饼干吗 |
[48:54] | – No, thank you. – Okay. | -不吃 谢谢 -好的 |
[48:56] | What’s it taste like? | 味道如何 |
[48:58] | Autistic parents only eat rainman cookies. | 自闭儿童家长只吃雨人饼干 |
[49:24] | Mister shamans? | 萨满先生 |
[49:40] | Here it was. Lake Sharga. | 我们到了 沙尔噶湖 |
[49:42] | Much more beautiful than I thought it would be. | 比我想象的还要美 |
[49:44] | There’s the lake. | 湖在那边 |
[49:46] | – Look at that. – I wanna go. | -看那边 -我想下车 |
[49:49] | All right. let’s get out. let’s get out. | 好了 下车看看去 |
[49:57] | I have no idea if any of it has an effect, | 我不知道 是这些仪式的作用 |
[50:02] | Or if it’s just maybe… | 或许只是因为… |
[50:05] | Calling up the focus and the intention for his healing, | 我们全心关注 祈祷他会康复 |
[50:08] | which in and of itself could be quite powerful. | 本就包含着强大能量 |
[50:12] | I don’t know how useful it is to think of us | 我不知道去想我们是正常和健康的 |
[50:13] | as normal and totally healthy, | 而荣恩是有病的 |
[50:15] | and Rowan as the sick one, | 或者不健全的 |
[50:18] | Or the ill one. | 会有什么用 |
[50:19] | I think it’s way more complicated than that. | 我觉得这要比那复杂得多 |
[50:23] | We would not be having this amazing crazy adventure across mongolia, | 如果荣恩没有自闭症 |
[50:25] | if rowan was not autistic. | 我们不可能会有穿越蒙古的疯狂举动 |
[50:28] | It seems like a curse in some ways, | 在某些方面 这个病像是诅咒 |
[50:30] | but in many ways, it’s a real blessing. | 但其实也是种幸运 |
[50:32] | And to allow it to be. | 安然接受 |
[50:34] | To allow it to be. | 安然接受 |
[50:37] | And also, this is rupert’s and my life before we had Rowan. | 荣恩出生之前 我和鲁珀特的生活就是这样 |
[50:40] | We traveled all over the world. | 我们游遍了全世界 |
[50:44] | Yeah, and we just thought we’d never be able to do it again. | 是啊 我们以为再没机会再来一次了 |
[50:47] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[50:47] | You know. and we tried a couple of times. | 我们努力过很多次 |
[50:50] | And it was a disaster. disaster, you know. | 那简直是灾难 |
[50:53] | And we were terrified that this trip would turn into a real disaster too. | 我们害怕蒙古之行也会变成灾难 |
[50:58] | And it hasn’t. Rowan’s just been so into it. | 幸好没有 荣恩很投入这里 |
[51:03] | And even when he was shaky the first couple of days, | 尽管刚到这里时他很紧张 |
[51:06] | he was still into it, you know. | 他还是很投入 |
[51:09] | I think something’s really shifted with him. | 他的某些部分真的改变了 |
[51:11] | Yeah, he’s finding his adventurer’s heart. | 他发现自己有颗冒险的心 |
[51:14] | Yeah. he is. | 没错 |
[51:18] | I can tell you, this is a fairly hard trip in many ways. | 平心而论 这次旅行非常艰苦 |
[51:22] | But i’ve had harder car rides to the grocery store with Rowan. | 但是开车带荣恩去杂货店比这还辛苦 |
[51:27] | I mean, seriously. haven’t you? | 说真的 你没有过吗 |
[51:29] | It’s true, yeah. | 千真万确 |
[51:40] | Let’s go outside and see if it’s there. | 下车看看这有泉水吗 |
[51:57] | Well, this is kind of a good lesson… | 这个方法值得借鉴 |
[52:00] | This is a high-functioning autistic kid. | 他是机能过度的自闭儿童 |
[52:03] | You can see, like, sometimes you can go out, | 有时出门 |
[52:05] | And even just to make it 300 yards up a trail… | 即使只是300码 |
[52:09] | Can be, like, massively stressful. | 也很是困难 |
[52:14] | Wow, you really know how to be charming when you ask for things. | 你很懂有求于人的时候怎么装可爱 |
[52:18] | Swing. | 旋转 |
[52:18] | Come on. let’s go. let’s go. | 走啊 继续向前走 |
[52:20] | Oh, look. here are some more dandy leaves. | 过来看 这有含笑叶 |
[52:31] | I gotta admit. I’m feeiing a littie down tonight. | 实话实说 今晚我的情绪很低落 |
[52:34] | I don’t know. | 我不确定 |
[52:35] | Sometimes I think he’s leaping forward, | 有时候我感觉他在进步 |
[52:37] | And sometimes it’s like he’s totally regressing. | 有时候感觉他还是老样子 |
[52:39] | I know. he goes up and down like a ping-pong ball. | 他的状态就像乒乓球一样时上时下 |
[52:43] | Am I just kidding myself | 没奢望他能康复 |
[52:45] | that I’m not attached to him recovering? | 这样说是不是有点自欺欺人 |
[52:47] | Will he ever be really functional? | 他能康复吗 |
[52:52] | Will he have to go into an institution when he’s older? | 他老了会不会被送到某个机构 |
[52:55] | Will he recover? will he surprise us? | 他会好起来吗 会给我们惊喜吗 |
[52:59] | Baby cow. | 小牛 |
[52:59] | Let alone will he ever ride a horse by himself. you know. | 更不要说要他学会骑马 |
[53:03] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[53:27] | No, no | 不可以 |
[53:29] | Calm down. | 别乱动 |
[53:33] | No, no, no, no. | 不要 不要 不要 |
[53:39] | Tonight he’s basically just like a giant 18-month-old. | 今晚他就像是18个月大的婴儿 |
[53:41] | And it’s very painful for me to see. | 我真的很不希望看到他这样 |
[53:43] | Are you okay? | 你还好吗 |
[53:45] | No, i’m down. i’m down. | 我很难过 很难过 |
[53:48] | I’m feeling like, with the camera on me, it almost makes me want to cry. | 镜头对着我 让我觉得想哭 |
[53:53] | Oh, let’s go. water on your head. on your head! | 准备好了吗 我要在你头上倒水了 |
[53:55] | Ready? whoa! | 好了吗 |
[54:12] | Ride the train | 坐小火车 |
[54:14] | We’re just gonna wait here for now. | 我们现在要在这里等着 |
[54:19] | Little- oops, a little bit of waiting. | 就等一小会 |
[54:24] | Why can’t? Let’s go soon, daddy? | 为什么不能 快出发 爸爸 |
[54:32] | So he’s developed an obsession with this train. | 他已经对这火车着迷了 |
[54:35] | And not just with the train, but with these animals here. | 不只火车 而且还有这些动物 |
[54:40] | Sometimes I’ve hung out here | 有时 我在这 |
[54:43] | for up to two or three hours at a time sometimes. | 一次待上两三个小时 |
[54:46] | And I’ve probably ridden this train 200 times. | 我坐这火车大概已经200次了 |
[54:49] | Want him on the train? | 想让他上车吗 |
[54:52] | If you can. Thank you. Thank you very much. | 可以吗 非常感谢 |
[54:57] | Well, that was lucky day. They let us on. | 今天是个幸运日 他们让我们上了车 |
[55:05] | But it can be quite lonely, sometimes, as you can imagine. | 但如你想像 有时会很孤独 |
[55:08] | I mean, we spent, you know, | 过去两年半中 |
[55:12] | the last two and a half years like this a lot of the time. | 很多时间我们都是这样度过 |
[55:16] | And it’s very rare that you can ever get | 能找到人陪你一起来玩 |
[55:19] | anyone to come along and do this with you. | 非常难得 |
[55:24] | And it can get a little lonely. | 也会有点孤独 |
[55:26] | It’s one of the things which I think all | 我认为这是所有患自闭症的孩子 |
[55:28] | parents of autistic kids have to deal with. | 父母得处理的事情之一 |
[55:32] | I think before a parent can come to acceptance, | 我想 父母在接受事实前 |
[55:35] | there’s an enormous amount of grieving that has to be done. | 肯定会非常悲伤 |
[55:39] | I think people are dealing with loss, from the loss of a dream. | 我想人们面对的是失去梦想 |
[55:45] | I see what comes up is exhaustion, | 我看到在处理行为问题时 |
[55:48] | from dealing with behavior problems a lot. | 人们常常会筋疲力竭 |
[55:51] | From dealing with an environment, | 在一些情况下 |
[55:53] | that looks at the parent as if they’re doing something wrong, | 人们会想 父母是否做错了什么 |
[55:57] | because they see a kid that’s tantruming. | 因为他们看到孩子在发脾气 |
[55:59] | And they just assume that maybe the parent isn’t handling it well. | 于是就臆断父母没有处理好 |
[56:03] | People just don’t understand what they’re going through. | 人们只是不知道他们在经历着什么 |
[56:08] | There are so many fears | 他们会很担心 |
[56:10] | that their child, | 他们的子女 |
[56:13] | their adult child will be taken advantage of, | 他们的成年子女会被人占便宜 |
[56:16] | that there won’t be a place for them. | 会无容身之处 |
[56:18] | I’ve worked with families whose adult children are not toilet trained. | 有一些家庭的成年子女都还不会使用马桶 |
[56:24] | They worry that they won’t have any friends, | 他们担心在家人或父母走后 |
[56:27] | that they’ll be all alone, and when their family goes, | 孩子们会没有朋友 |
[56:30] | or their parents go, | 孤单一人 |
[56:32] | there won’t be anybody around to care for them. | 周围无人关心他们 |
[57:48] | Our final destination was far north, | 我们最后一站是在最北边 |
[57:51] | near the Russian border, | 靠近俄罗斯边界 |
[57:53] | to try and find a group of indigenous people called the Dukha, | 尝试寻找被称为都喀的土著人 |
[57:56] | the reindeer herders. | 也就是驯鹿牧民 |
[57:59] | Before man ever rode a horse, he rode the reindeer, | 骑马之前 人骑的是驯鹿 |
[58:03] | the first large animal to be domesticated | 这是在上个冰河世纪末 |
[58:04] | at the end of the last ice age. | 第一种被驯化的大型动物 |
[58:06] | Now reduced to just 200 people. | 现在只剩200人 |
[58:09] | The Dukha tribe and everyone agreed on this | 所有人都同意 |
[58:11] | had the strongest shamanic tradition of all. | 都喀部落有着最有力量的萨满 |
[58:15] | So we’re on the second to last day of our long drive, and we just | 我们在长途驱车的倒数第二天 |
[58:18] | – Reindeer people. – He wants to get to the reindeer people so bad. | -驯鹿牧民 -他太想见驯鹿牧民了 |
[58:27] | This is for mommy, and this is for mommy and Tuiga, | 这给妈妈 这给妈妈和图加 |
[58:32] | and this is for mommy and Tomoo, | 这给妈妈和图穆 |
[58:36] | and this is for mommy and Tom | 这给妈妈和图 |
[58:38] | and this is for mommy and Tomoo. | 这给妈妈和图穆 |
[58:45] | What’s for mommy and Tomoo? | 什么是给妈妈和图穆的 |
[58:51] | Hey, Rowan. What’s for mommy, Tomoo, daddy and Tuiga? | 荣恩 什么是给妈妈 图穆 爸爸和图加的 |
[59:14] | That was a giant, giant | 昨晚那可真是 |
[59:18] | motherfucker of a poo last night. | 超级一大坨大便 |
[59:21] | Oh, god, I’m getting so depressed about that. | 上帝 它让我真沮丧 |
[59:25] | You know, I just have these visions of him at 14. | 我在想像他14岁时 |
[59:28] | Still shitting his pants, I know. | 还大便在裤子里 我明白 |
[59:33] | I don’t fully understand why he’s so resistant. | 我不能完全明白为何他如此抗拒 |
[59:35] | So, how are we going to deal with that? | 那 我们怎么做 |
[59:39] | To try to get him to accept the horses again? | 努力让他再次接受马吗 |
[59:41] | I’m afraid that he’ll just | 恐怕他只会 |
[59:44] | That he’s set up an autistic pattern, where he | 他已经形成了自闭模式 |
[59:46] | will just roundly reject it. | 他只会直接拒绝之 |
[59:48] | Because it represents | 因为这象征着 |
[59:51] | some unpleasant memory. | 某些不愉快的记忆 |
[59:53] | And then when we get to the horses again, yes, of course I’m worried. | 当我们再次尝试马时 我当然担心 |
[59:57] | And, of course, I’ll feel a failure and humiliated, | 如果他直接拒绝 |
[1:00:01] | and all these things if, | 我肯定会感到 |
[1:00:04] | if he roundly rejects it. | 失败和羞辱 |
[1:00:06] | Um, so, thank you for | 看来得感谢你今天大早 |
[1:00:08] | pressing that insecurity button in me this morning. | 就来按我的这个安全警报按钮 |
[1:00:11] | That’s very | 这真 |
[1:00:14] | – Aw. I was trying to – I’m only kidding. | -我只是想 -我开玩笑的 |
[1:00:17] | I’m just trying to also prepare myself. | 我也只是做心理准备 |
[1:00:21] | That morning, we waited for the guides and their horses to arrive | 那个早上 我们等待向导和马匹的到来 |
[1:00:25] | to lead us north to the reindeer camps closer to the Russian border. | 带领我们去靠近俄罗斯边界的驯鹿营地 |
[1:00:30] | From here on, there were no more roads, | 从这开始 就没公路了 |
[1:00:32] | we’d have to leave the van. | 我们不得不舍弃面包车 |
[1:00:34] | I worried and fretted, | 我担心并烦恼 |
[1:00:36] | would Rowan get back on a horse, or would he reject them again? | 荣恩会回马背吗 或再次拒绝 |
[1:00:39] | Would we actually be able to do this? | 我们真能完成此行吗 |
[1:00:43] | Come on, Rowan. Let’s go. | 来 荣恩 走吧 |
[1:00:45] | Okay. | 好 |
[1:00:47] | – Come on, Rowan. – Okay. | -来 荣恩 -好 |
[1:00:49] | – There we go. Good job. – It’s all right. It’s all right. | -好样的 -没事的 |
[1:00:52] | There we go. | 出发了 |
[1:00:54] | Sit like that. There we go. There we go. | 就这样坐着 出发了 |
[1:00:57] | It’s all right. Yes, yes. | 没事的 |
[1:01:02] | Do you want to hold the reins? | 想握缰绳吗 |
[1:01:07] | Is he closing his eyes? | 他闭着眼睛吗 |
[1:01:09] | Let’s go. Short ride. | 走了 骑会儿就到了 |
[1:01:30] | I had to find a way to get him in a better mood-and fast. | 我得找个办法使他情绪迅速好转 |
[1:01:34] | I didn’t know what to do. I was searching for inspiration. | 我不知怎么办 我搜寻灵感 |
[1:01:38] | And then, the gods of toilet humor spoke to me. | 接着 马桶幽默启发了我 |
[1:01:41] | – What’s that? – It’s a | -那是什么 -那是 |
[1:01:43] | – a code brown! – It’s a code brown! | -棕色警报 -那是棕色警报 |
[1:01:46] | – It’s a code brown! – It’s a code brown! | -那是棕色警报 -那是棕色警报 |
[1:01:49] | Code brown! lt’s a poopie, poopie, poopie. | 棕色警报 那是便便 |
[1:01:52] | – Poopie. – What’s that? | -便便 -那是什么 |
[1:01:54] | It’s a code brown! | 那是棕色警报 |
[1:01:56] | Code brown! Oh, no! Code brown! Code brown! Code brown! Code brown! | 棕色警报 |
[1:01:59] | – What’s that? – Rhinocero’s having a code brown. | -那是什么 -犀牛在便便 |
[1:02:04] | – What’s that? – That’s a | -那是什么 -那是 |
[1:02:06] | – Code brown! – Code brown! | -棕色警报 -棕色警报 |
[1:02:11] | I’m going through the forest to see the reindeer people. | 我要穿越森林去见驯鹿牧民 |
[1:02:14] | That’s right. You’re going through the forest to see the reindeer people. | 没错 你要穿越森林去见驯鹿牧民 |
[1:02:17] | – We wanna ride the reindeer. – Yes, I want to ride the reindeer. | -我们要骑驯鹿 -是的 我要骑驯鹿 |
[1:02:21] | Do you want to ride the reindeer? | 你想骑驯鹿吗 |
[1:02:48] | Thank god Rowan was enjoying riding again, enjoying the adventure, | 感谢上帝 荣恩享受着骑马和这次冒险 |
[1:02:52] | because it took two full days to make the ascent, | 因为要花整整两天上山 |
[1:02:56] | 12,000 foot up to the summer pastures of the reindeer people. | 爬上一万两千英尺高的驯鹿牧民夏季牧场 |
[1:03:00] | Crossing rivers, negotiating bogs, | 跨过河流 穿越泥沼 |
[1:03:03] | spending eight, nine hours each day in the saddle. | 每天在鞍上坐八九个小时 |
[1:03:05] | Wondering the whole time, would we actually make it? | 一直在想 我们真能做到吗 |
[1:03:09] | I no longer had to worry about Rowan, | 我不必再担心荣恩 |
[1:03:11] | but now Kristin’s exhaustion was starting to tell. | 但现在克里斯汀却被疲惫侵袭 |
[1:03:14] | And then, just below the highest point of the pass, a horse kicked her. | 接着 刚刚翻过山头 一匹马踢了她 |
[1:03:21] | Did he actually get you? Oh, | 它真踢到你吗 |
[1:03:23] | how hard did he get you? | 有多重 |
[1:03:27] | No, no. Just give me two. Give me two. | 给我两片 给我两片 |
[1:03:29] | – Well, if he really got you – Give me two. | -如果它真踢到你的话 -给我两片 |
[1:03:34] | Oh, everything just hurts. | 全身都痛 |
[1:03:36] | I’ve never really done this kind of mountain riding, so I’m | 我从没这样在山路骑马 所以 |
[1:03:39] | I don’t know if I’m going to make it, love. | 我不知行不行 亲爱的 |
[1:03:41] | Yeah, you will. | 你行的 |
[1:03:45] | We have two hours. | 我们有两个小时 |
[1:03:47] | So, from the pass, we can see reindeer people. | 在这条路上我们就能看到驯鹿牧民 |
[1:03:50] | We can see the, we can see the reindeer people, means it’s very close. | 我们能看到驯鹿牧民 说明很近了 |
[1:03:53] | Oh, okay. | 好的 |
[1:03:55] | We’re going to have a little rest, | 我们休息下 |
[1:03:57] | and then we’re going to ride over to the reindeer people. | 然后接着前进去找驯鹿牧民 |
[1:03:59] | Okay. We can go. | 好 可以走了 |
[1:04:00] | See the pass up there, Rowan? | 看到上面那条山路了吗 荣恩 |
[1:04:02] | On the other side? | 在另一边 |
[1:04:02] | Reindeer people. | 驯鹿牧民 |
[1:04:05] | On the other side is the reindeer people. | 在另一边就是驯鹿牧民 |
[1:04:09] | – We can go. – Yeah? Think you can make it? | -可以走了 -你行吗 |
[1:04:12] | – Yeah. – Okay. | -可以 -好的 |
[1:04:22] | Jesus. Look behind you. | 天 看你后面 |
[1:04:40] | I don’t see them, Tulga. | 我没看到他们 图加 |
[1:04:54] | Yes, we’re going to go around here to the reindeer people. | 我们在这四处找下驯鹿牧民 |
[1:05:00] | The reindeer are just around the corner, are they? | 驯鹿就在某处 是吗 |
[1:05:03] | The reindeer people are just around the corner. | 驯鹿牧民就在某处 |
[1:05:12] | Let me just get back on , cause this is killing me. | 让我上马 我不行了 |
[1:05:18] | Yeah, we said they were right around the corner, | 我们说 他们就在某处 |
[1:05:20] | and we don’t see them, so I’m hoping they really are here. | 却没看到 希望他们真在这 |
[1:05:23] | Hope they didn’t decide today was moving day. | 希望他们没决定今天是迁移日 |
[1:05:27] | I hope I don’t have to do some difficult explaining. | 我可不希望要费力解释 |
[1:05:33] | – Reindeer. To your right. – Where? | -驯鹿 你右边 -哪儿 |
[1:05:36] | Oh, there’s a reindeer. Look, see? | 有只驯鹿 看见没 |
[1:05:39] | There’s a reindeer. | 有只驯鹿 |
[1:05:41] | Look at it. | 看它 |
[1:05:48] | There they are. | 就那在 |
[1:05:50] | How about that? Their tepees and satellite dish. | 他们的帐篷和卫星接收器 |
[1:05:56] | – Oh, my god. – How about that? | -我的天 -怎么样 |
[1:06:01] | It’s the reindeer people’s tepees. Look, that’s where they are. | 是驯鹿牧民的帐篷 看 他们就在那 |
[1:06:06] | You made it. You made it. All the way. | 一路过来 你做到了 |
[1:06:09] | You made it. All the way. | 一路过来 你做到了 |
[1:06:11] | I am so proud of you. | 我真以你为荣 |
[1:06:13] | – You wanna ride the reindeer? – We do want to ride a reindeer. Yes. | -你想骑驯鹿吗 -我们确实想骑驯鹿 |
[1:06:18] | I really didn’t know if we were going to make it. | 我之前真不确定我们能否做到 |
[1:06:24] | We actually made it. That’s amazing, isn’t it? | 我们真做到了 真不可思议 不是吗 |
[1:06:54] | You can say thank you very much for letting us | 请你说 非常感谢他们让我们 |
[1:06:56] | come and drop into their lives like this. | 这样贸然来访 闯进他们的生活 |
[1:07:00] | We’ve come a long way from America. | 我们从美国大老远而来 |
[1:07:03] | Because our child has autism, | 因为我们的孩子有自闭症 |
[1:07:07] | and we had heard that the shamans of the reindeer people | 我们听说驯鹿牧民的萨满 |
[1:07:13] | were both powerful and kind, | 既强大又善良 |
[1:07:18] | and so we thought we would bring our boy up here, | 所以我们决定把孩子带来这 |
[1:07:23] | just to see if there’s any help that could be given. | 看下是否有帮助可寻 |
[1:07:41] | He says, uh, his father is the person we are going to, to meet. | 他说 他父亲就是我们要见的人 |
[1:07:47] | Uh, he is not well, | 他身体不好 |
[1:07:50] | but we can check with him. Mm hmm. | 但我们可试试看 |
[1:08:19] | I don’t even know the name of the shaman here. What’s his name? | 我都不知道这萨满的名字 他叫什么 |
[1:08:22] | Uh, Ghoste. | 噶司特 |
[1:08:24] | He’s definitely the most powerful one in this region. | 他绝对是这片地区最强大的 |
[1:08:27] | He said, uh, he can do. Mmm. | 他说 他行 |
[1:08:35] | Tuiga reported that Ghoste needed a | 图加说噶司特需要 |
[1:08:37] | full night to communicate with the spirits | 一整夜和神灵交流 |
[1:08:39] | to find out whether he could help Rowan. | 看下是否能帮助荣恩 |
[1:08:42] | Tomorrow, he’d let us know. | 明天 他会给我们回答 |
[1:08:50] | – It’s a reindeer – A reindeer. | -那是只驯鹿 -驯鹿 |
[1:09:01] | Oh, I like the antlers! | 我喜欢鹿角 |
[1:09:04] | Yeah, I like the antlers. | 我喜欢鹿角 |
[1:09:10] | He’s cute. | 它真可爱 |
[1:09:12] | He’s cute. | 它真可爱 |
[1:09:19] | Okay. Time to get off? | 好 该下来了 |
[1:09:21] | All right, one more hug and a kiss on the neck. | 好 再来个拥抱 亲下脖子 |
[1:09:31] | – Yeah, it’s fine. – It’s okay? | -没问题 -可以吗 |
[1:09:34] | – Let’s go hold the baby reindeer. – You wanna hug the baby reindeer? | -抱抱驯鹿宝宝 -想抱驯鹿宝宝吗 |
[1:09:37] | Let’s go hug the baby reindeer. Are they cute? | 抱抱驯鹿宝宝 他们可爱吗 |
[1:09:40] | They have tiny little horns. | 它们有小小角 |
[1:09:42] | The horns are just starting to grow. | 角才刚长 |
[1:09:47] | – Abracadabra! – Abracadabra? | -吡哩卜卢变 -吡哩卜卢变 |
[1:09:50] | – What’s that? – That’s the back. | -这是什么 -后背 |
[1:09:52] | Abracadabra. | 吡哩卜卢变 |
[1:09:54] | And this? Wilbur. | 这个呢 韦布尔 |
[1:09:59] | Wievon, and… Wilbur… | 维文 还有韦布尔 |
[1:10:02] | and Will, | 还有威尔 |
[1:10:04] | and Lucy and Paige and Portia. | 还有露西 佩恩和波莎 |
[1:10:08] | – That’s amazing. – That’s amazing. | -不可思议 -不可思议 |
[1:10:10] | Where did he get those names? | 他从哪儿知道那些名字的 |
[1:10:14] | What did he say, Daisy and Wiibur? | 他说了什么 黛茜和韦布尔 |
[1:10:17] | I’ve never seen him just spontaneously name a bunch of animals. | 我从没见他自发地给一群动物命名 |
[1:10:23] | 我和萨满谈了 | |
[1:10:25] | 他觉得今天也许能做 | |
[1:10:29] | 今晚九点左右 | |
[1:10:31] | 9:00. Okay. | 九点 好 |
[1:10:46] | All right, let’s go see the shaman. | 好了 去见萨满吧 |
[1:10:49] | He said he did some ritual last night, | 他说昨晚做了些仪式 |
[1:10:54] | and now he will be in his costume and will talk to him | 现在他将身着装束 |
[1:10:57] | – a little bit. – Thank you. | -和他交谈一下 -谢谢 |
[1:11:01] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[1:11:05] | It’s eagle feathers, like an eagle. | 鹰毛 就像一只鹰 |
[1:11:07] | Then we can see a hawk in a house. | 那我们就可以在屋里看鹰了 |
[1:11:09] | The hawk was in the house. | 鹰在屋里 |
[1:11:12] | The hawk was in the house. That’s right. | 鹰在屋里 没错 |
[1:11:13] | They are talking. | 它们在说话 |
[1:11:18] | – Here’s the drum. – The drum. | -这是鼓 -鼓 |
[1:11:29] | Oh, Rowan, no, no, no, no, no, no. No, no. No, no. | 荣恩 别 |
[1:11:32] | No, no, no. No. No, don’t touch the eagle feathers. | 别碰鹰毛 |
[1:11:35] | Don’t go for his face. Sit. | 别碰他的脸 坐好 |
[1:11:38] | Sit with your daddy. | 来和爸爸一起坐 |
[1:11:41] | There we go. | 就这样 |
[1:11:44] | Drums. | 鼓 |
[1:11:53] | Don’t touch. | 别碰 |
[1:11:56] | – Just sit, just sit quietly. – Sit quiet with daddy. | -坐着 安静 -和爸爸一起安静坐着 |
[1:11:58] | Sit quietly. | 安静坐着 |
[1:12:00] | That’s a shaman. | 那是萨满 |
[1:12:03] | He’s an eagle. He’s an | 他是只鹰 他是个 |
[1:12:05] | He’s got him on the tree. An eagle nest. | 他把他放在树上 一个鹰巢 |
[1:12:10] | A mommy bird and a baby bird. | 鸟妈妈和鸟宝宝 |
[1:12:13] | – Drink, drink. – Drink the water. | -喝 -把水喝了 |
[1:12:15] | Drink the water. Drink it. It’s okay. | 把这水喝了 喝吧 没关系的 |
[1:12:19] | Drink. Drink it. | 喝吧 |
[1:12:36] | He says he’ll be flne. | 他说孩子会没事的 |
[1:12:42] | He thinks he will be better by tomorrow. | 他认为孩子明天就会好起来的 |
[1:12:46] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:12:53] | He said he will come visit us tomorrow. | 他说他明天会来探望我们的 |
[1:12:55] | Okay. Very good. | 好的 很好 |
[1:12:57] | That’s what | 这就是 |
[1:13:00] | – He said he’s leaving this area tomorrow. – Okay. | -他说他明天就要离开这个地区了 -好的 |
[1:13:11] | Before it gets too dark, you have to leave. | 你们得在天色变得太暗之前离开 |
[1:13:14] | Okay. All right. Okay. | 好的 可以 好的 |
[1:13:16] | – Tell him thank you. – Thank you. | -请对他说声谢谢 -谢谢 |
[1:13:22] | – Take care of your kid. – Thank you. We will. | -照顾好你们的孩子 -谢谢 我们会的 |
[1:13:25] | We will. | 我们会的 |
[1:13:27] | Shamans! | 萨满 |
[1:13:29] | You want more shamans? | 你还像跟萨满呆在一起吗 |
[1:13:31] | Do you want more shamans? | 你还想跟萨满呆在一起吗 |
[1:13:39] | Shamans! | 萨满 |
[1:13:43] | There’s the shaman. There. There’s the shaman. | 萨满在那儿 那儿 萨满在那儿 |
[1:13:45] | Say “bye-bye.” | 说 再见 |
[1:13:47] | Say “see you tomorrow.” Rowan. | 说 明天见 荣恩 |
[1:13:50] | Say “see you tomorrow.” | 说 明天见 |
[1:13:55] | Okay. we must go. | 好了 我们得走了 |
[1:13:57] | Tulga, we must go, he says. | 图加 他说我们得走了 |
[1:14:11] | Shaman! | 萨满 |
[1:14:15] | You wanted to stay there, didn’t you? | 你想呆在那儿 是吗 |
[1:14:22] | Well, I expected him to be… | 我本来预计他会 |
[1:14:25] | tantruming like that because he didn’t want to see the shaman, | 那样发火是因为不想见萨满 |
[1:14:27] | and didn’t want to be in the tent, | 不想呆在帐篷里 |
[1:14:29] | not because he had to leave. | 而没想到是因为他要离开了 |
[1:14:31] | That’s extraordinary. | 这很出乎意料 |
[1:14:34] | It’s wonderful. | 这太好了 |
[1:14:39] | 他说父母得准备好孩子的鼓和装束 | |
[1:14:45] | 这是说他相信 这个萨满相信 | |
[1:14:51] | 荣恩将来可能会成为一个萨满 | |
[1:15:10] | One way of explaining an illness is to say, “oh, this person is sick.” | 解释疾病的一种说法是 这个人生病了 |
[1:15:13] | Another way of explaining an illness is to say, | 解释疾病的另一种说法是 |
[1:15:16] | “this is a different type of person, | 这是另外一种类型的人 |
[1:15:19] | and they will have a different role in society.” | 而他们会在社会中扮演不同的角色 |
[1:15:21] | One of the most common things | 人类学家在治疗者 例如萨满之中 |
[1:15:24] | that anthropologists have found among, uh, healers, like shamans, | 发现的最大共同点之一就是 |
[1:15:27] | is that, almost always, people who are shamans, | 无论他们是在东非 |
[1:15:32] | no matter whether they’re in East Africa, | 或者是在中亚 |
[1:15:33] | or whether they’re in Central Asia, | 或者南非 或者澳大利亚 |
[1:15:34] | or South America, or Australia, | 萨满几乎都曾 |
[1:15:36] | they have gone through some sickness. | 遭受过某些疾病 |
[1:15:38] | And often that illness is an illness… | 通常伴随着神经系统的 |
[1:15:41] | with a constellation of symptoms that are certainly neuropsychiatric. | 一系列症状 |
[1:15:47] | The shamans don’t show neurological symptoms | 萨满没有显示出神经系统的症状 |
[1:15:49] | because they’re shamans. | 是因为他们是萨满 |
[1:15:50] | They become shamans because they had these neurological symptoms. | 他们正因为这些神经系统的症状成为萨满 |
[1:15:55] | We don’t know why, but one thing we do know… | 我们不知道原因 但是我们知道一件事 |
[1:15:59] | is that the line between what is a shaman… | 那就是一个萨满 |
[1:16:01] | and the line between, say, a psychoanalyst, | 与所谓精神分析学家之间的界限 |
[1:16:04] | is not that clearly drawn. | 并没有划分得那么清楚 |
[1:16:07] | We are one of the few societies that treat neurological and psychiatric difference… | 我们属于少数将神经与精神区别的社会 |
[1:16:14] | by creating institutions | 通过创建福利机构 |
[1:16:16] | where we separate people completely from society. | 将人们完全地分离出社会 |
[1:16:21] | Most other cultures aren’t like that. | 其他大部分文化不是像这样的 |
[1:17:08] | Obviously I think there’s dangers in totally saying, | 当然 我也认为不应该说 |
[1:17:13] | “oh, yes, it’s the shamans,” and… | 是的 这是萨满的力量 |
[1:17:16] | completely buying into that symbol system as well. | 也不应该彻底信任那一体系 |
[1:17:21] | I think I’m a little more skeptical than Rupert. | 我想我比鲁珀特更多疑一点 |
[1:17:25] | Well, you know, he goes up and down naturally, | 荣恩的状况自然会时好时坏 |
[1:17:27] | and we don’t know if this is definitely a permanent gain. | 我们不知道这是否一定会一直改善 |
[1:17:31] | So I’m a little more cautious | 所以我会更谨慎地说 |
[1:17:33] | in terms of saying I’m hopeful and things look good. | 我充满希望或事情看上去很顺利 |
[1:17:36] | But I do think it’s important… | 但我确实认为这很重要 |
[1:17:39] | Not to expect, like, a miracle cure. | 我不会去期待 什么奇迹般的复原 |
[1:17:41] | You know, there was a little part of me that was like, | 我心中有很小一部分觉得 |
[1:17:44] | after the shamanic ceremony, | 在萨满做的仪式之后 |
[1:17:45] | well, is he going to wake up and be just totally normal? | 他会不会苏醒成为完全正常的人 |
[1:17:47] | And, of course, he wasn’t. | 当然 他没有 |
[1:17:55] | It’s outside of my normal experience. Put it that way. | 这么说吧 这超出了我正常经验的范围 |
[1:17:58] | We’re going to the car. | 我们要去车上 |
[1:18:07] | Maybe I should change my shirt, after five days. | 也许我该换件衬衫了 都过了五天了 |
[1:18:09] | I- just a thought. | 我 只是个意见 |
[1:18:14] | Ghoste had told us the night before… | 噶司特昨晚告诉我们 |
[1:18:17] | that Rowan would become gradually less autistic over the next three years. | 荣恩会在接下来的三年里渐渐减少自闭症状 |
[1:18:21] | But most importantly, the stuff that really drove us crazy- | 但最重要的 真正让我们狂喜的是 |
[1:18:25] | the incontinence, the tantruming- | 他的失禁 突然的发火 |
[1:18:28] | these would end today. | 这些会在今天就结束了 |
[1:18:30] | We would start to see them leave right now. | 我们会看到那些症状马上消失 |
[1:18:33] | I was guarding my heart. | 我在控制我的心 |
[1:18:35] | I didn’t want to allow myself to be disappointed. | 我不想让我自己觉得失望 |
[1:18:38] | There we go. Say good-bye to shaman. | 我们到了 对萨满说再见吧 |
[1:18:42] | – Say good-bye. – Good-bye. | -说再见 -再见 |
[1:19:29] | Are you doing a taste test? | 你要尝尝味道吗 |
[1:19:48] | Now it’s time to- he is leaving. | 时间到了 他要离开了 |
[1:19:51] | – It’s time to take Rowan. – Say good-bye to the shaman. | -该把带荣恩走了 -跟萨满说再见 |
[1:19:55] | Good-bye to the shaman. | 跟萨满说再见 |
[1:19:57] | Thank you for the healing. | 谢谢你的治疗 |
[1:20:02] | And with that, | 于是 |
[1:20:05] | it was finally time to go home. | 终于到了回家的时候 |
[1:20:14] | As we rode away, and down the mountain, | 在我们骑马远去 往山下走的时候 |
[1:20:18] | just as Ghoste had said, | 正如噶司特说过的那样 |
[1:20:20] | that indeed… | 确实 |
[1:20:22] | was when everything began to change. | 所有一切都开始改变了 |
[1:20:26] | Echo! | 回声 |
[1:20:33] | Oh, my god. I can’t believe it. He’s doing an intentional poo! | 我的天 我不敢相信 他脱了裤子大便 |
[1:20:37] | He just totally did it. He did it. | 他刚刚真的那么做了 他成功了 |
[1:20:42] | That’s the first stage to the potty. | 这是通往马桶的第一步 |
[1:20:45] | That is success. That is success right there. | 这是胜利 胜利就在那儿 |
[1:20:48] | Excellent! | 太棒了 |
[1:20:50] | Outdoor squatting poo! | 在户外蹲下大便 |
[1:21:40] | That’s incredible. Incredible. | 这太难以置信了 难以置信 |
[1:21:44] | Brilliant. You are brilliant. | 太棒了 你太棒了 |
[1:21:46] | – Brilliant! – Brilliant! Rowan poopied on the potty! | -太棒了 -太棒了 荣恩在马桶上大便了 |
[1:21:48] | – You’re brilliant! – You’re brilliantl | -你太棒了 -你太棒了 |
[1:21:50] | You’re brilliant! | 你太棒了 |
[1:21:51] | Okay, to pooping in the toilet. | 好的 为在厕所里大便干杯 |
[1:21:55] | This is the start of something new. | 这是一些新东西的开始 |
[1:22:04] | He’s wanting to play with the other kids, and not with us. | 他想去跟别的孩子玩儿 而不是跟我们一起 |
[1:22:08] | Like most normal little kids, they wanna play with each other, | 就像大部分正常小孩 他们想跟对方玩儿 |
[1:22:10] | not with their parents. | 而不是跟父母玩 |
[1:22:13] | This has never happened before | 这从来没有发生过 |
[1:22:15] | where he’s just totally involved with them and totally ignoring us. | 他完全融入他们之中 彻底忽视了我们 |
[1:22:18] | It’s amazing. And he’s one of them, you know? | 这让人惊讶 他是他们的一员 你看到没 |
[1:22:23] | Do I think it was the shamans? | 我是否认为这是萨满的功劳 |
[1:22:25] | My honest answer is, yeah, of course, I do. | 我真心的回答是 是的 我当然这么认为 |
[1:22:27] | I’m open to the possibility that there is… | 我开始相信这种可能性 |
[1:22:32] | something happening with the shamanic way of understanding things. | 随着萨满的介入 有改变发生 |
[1:22:36] | But on the other hand, I’m open to the idea… | 但是另一方面 我更相信这种说法 |
[1:22:38] | that just when you take a kid, and you take him to Mongolia, | 即当你带着孩子 你把他带到蒙古 |
[1:22:41] | and you push him to their limits, | 你要他挑战极限 |
[1:22:42] | they have to confront challenges they wouidn’t otherwise, | 他们不得不面对这些他们本不会面对的挑战 |
[1:22:45] | and that may be the cause of it. | 这也许才是改变的原因 |
[1:22:46] | What does it matter? | 那又有什么关系呢 |
[1:22:48] | What matters is that he’s leapt forward, | 真正重要的是他有了进步 |
[1:22:49] | and that we came here, and it happened. | 我们来到这里 这一切就发生了 |
[1:22:51] | That’s what matters. | 这才是最重要的 |
[1:23:06] | Now I’ll say a little prayer for all of us that live with autism, | 现在我要为我们所有与自闭症相处的人祈祷 |
[1:23:11] | whether we’re autistic, | 无论是我们自己得了自闭症 |
[1:23:14] | or whether we’re the parents of autistic kids, | 或是身为自闭症孩子的父母 |
[1:23:17] | or whether we know people who have autistic kids, | 或者我们认识有自闭症孩子的人 |
[1:23:22] | whether it’s our grandson, our granddaughter, | 无论是我们的孙子 孙女 |
[1:23:24] | or our nephew, or our niece, or our kid, or our sibling. | 或我们的侄子侄女 我们的孩子或兄弟姐妹 |
[1:23:30] | I hope- this is my prayer- | 我希望 这是我的祈祷 |
[1:23:33] | that we find a way… | 希望我们会找到办法 |
[1:23:36] | to understand and integrate this enigma… | 来理解与融入这奥秘之中 |
[1:23:40] | into the best of our society, | 使之成为社会最好的一部分 |
[1:23:44] | and the best of who we are, | 以及最好的我们自己 |
[1:23:47] | and that it helps to bring out the best in us all. | 而这会帮助我们展现出我们最好的自我 |
[1:23:51] | That’s my prayer. | 这就是我的祈祷 |
[1:24:02] | Anyway, I’m grateful. | 无论如何 我很感激 |
[1:24:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:25:00] | 两周后 | |
[1:25:02] | All right. So what I want you to do is I want you to take the reins. | 好 我想让你做的是牵着缰绳 |
[1:25:07] | Take the reins, like that, in your hands and turn Betsy. | 牵着缰绳 像这样 拿在手里然后让白茨转弯 |
[1:25:11] | Say “come on, Betsy.” Can you say “come on, Betsy”? | 说 走吧 白茨 你能说吗 走吧 贝茨 |
[1:25:14] | Come on, Betsy. | 走吧 白茨 |
[1:25:16] | And hold- lift your hand and push across like that. | 然后举起你的手 把缰绳这样拉过来 |
[1:25:18] | Say “come on, Betsy.” That’s right. Turn her by yourself. | 说 走吧 白茨 就这样 你来让她转弯 |
[1:25:22] | Say “come on, Betsy. Let’s go to the barn.” | 说 走吧 白茨 我们去马棚里 |
[1:25:25] | Let’s go to the barn. | 我们去马棚里 |
[1:25:26] | All right. Now turn Betsy this way, push your hand like this. | 好 现在把白茨转到这边 像这样移动你的手 |
[1:25:30] | There you go. There you go. Yeah! | 往那儿去 往那儿去 对 |
[1:25:33] | Give her a little kick. | 轻轻踢她一下 |
[1:25:35] | Yes. And away she goes. | 没错 然后她就跑起来了 |
[1:25:38] | Excellent! You’re riding. | 太棒了 你会骑马了 |
[1:25:42] | Pull. Give the reins a pull. | 拉 拉一下缰绳 |
[1:25:44] | Yes! | 没错 |
[1:25:50] | You just rode. | 你学会骑马了 |
[1:25:52] | You just rode. | 你学会骑马了 |
[1:25:54] | You just rode. | 你学会骑马了 |
[1:25:56] | You just rode, | 你学会骑马了 |
[1:25:57] | you little- you just rode. | 小宝贝 你学会骑马了 |
[1:26:00] | Thank you, Betsy. | 谢谢你 白茨 |
[1:26:04] | I don’t think I can even speak right now. | 我觉得我现在都说不出话了 |
[1:26:09] | You push first. Push the poopie out. | 用力 把便便拉出来 |
[1:26:11] | Oh, good job! | 做得好 |
[1:26:13] | Do you have another one in there? | 还要拉便便吗 |
[1:26:15] | – Flush, flush. – Flush. | -冲水 冲水 -冲水 |
[1:26:18] | Let’s wash our hands. | 让我们把手洗了 |
[1:26:21] | I think it’s very important that… | 我认为很重要的是 |
[1:26:24] | we do learn to live with autism, | 我们确实在学着接受自闭症 |
[1:26:28] | in the sense that there’s a lot of adjustments our society can make… | 某种意义上我们的社会能够做出许多调整 |
[1:26:32] | to become more autism-friendly. | 变得对自闭者更加地友好 |
[1:26:35] | I really hope that as people learn more about autism, | 我真的希望随着人们对自闭症更多的了解 |
[1:26:39] | they will see autism as a form of diversity. | 他们会将自闭者视为生命多样的形式之一 |
[1:26:43] | You know, I think we need to figure out a way to | 我认为我们应该想出办法 |
[1:26:46] | prevent some of the most severe forms of autism, | 来预防某些极为严重的自闭症类型 |
[1:26:48] | but you certainly do not want to get rid of autism genetics, | 但是你绝对不想摆脱遗传的自闭症 |
[1:26:51] | and I get asked, if I could snap my fingers, | 如果有人问我 如果我可以突然之间 |
[1:26:54] | would I want to be not autistic? | 摆脱自闭症 我是否愿意 |
[1:26:55] | No, I wouldn’t be, because I like the clarity of thought that I have. | 我不想 因为我喜欢我拥有的清晰的思维 |
[1:27:02] | I think the thing that’s so remarkable… | 我觉得非常不寻常的事情是 |
[1:27:04] | is how much our lives have changed since coming back. | 自从我们回来之后 我们的生活改变太太了 |
[1:27:07] | It’s just- it’s night and day. | 日日夜夜都在改变 |
[1:27:09] | I can’t even tell you- | 我甚至没办法告诉你 |
[1:27:10] | I can’t even tell you how different it is. | 我甚至没办法告诉你它有多不同以往了 |
[1:27:13] | – What’s your name? -Rowan! | -你叫什么名字 -荣恩 |
[1:27:16] | How are you doing? | 你怎么样 |
[1:27:18] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[1:27:20] | He’s just charming. | 他太迷人了 |
[1:27:22] | – He’s a brilliant kid. – He is. | -他是个很棒的孩子 -他是 |
[1:27:24] | And his kind of quirky way of looking at all of this… | 还有他看待一切的奇怪方式 |
[1:27:28] | -is precisely what makes him so charming and interesting – Exactly. | -正是让他如此迷人和有趣的原因 -没错 |
[1:27:30] | and fun and funny. | 而且很幽默风趣 |
[1:27:32] | – And that I’ve got no interest in trying to change. – None at all. No. | -而且我再也不想去改变了 -一点也不想 |
[1:27:36] | Quite the opposite, actually. It’s what makes him so wonderful. | 相反 实际上这才是他如此美好的原因 |
[1:27:38] | This is curious George. | 这是好奇的乔治 |
[1:27:41] | He lives in the zoo. | 他住在动物园里 |
[1:27:45] | He was a good little monkey. | 他是一只很乖的小猴子 |
[1:27:50] | Ratty and Atalina are babysitting Rowan tonight. | 兰迪和阿塔丽娜今晚来照顾荣恩 |
[1:27:54] | And Rowan has said he’s happy to have them do that. | 荣恩说过 他很开心她们来照顾他 |
[1:27:57] | And Rupert and I are going to go to a movie and have dinner. | 鲁珀特和我要去看场电影 然后一起吃晚饭 |
[1:28:01] | You know, I’m really starting to taste freedom. | 我真的开始品尝到自由的滋味了 |
[1:28:05] | Freedom like we haven’t had for the last six years. | 我们在过去六年都没有过的自由 |
[1:28:09] | And it’s pretty nice. | 这真的很棒 |
[1:28:12] | Good-bye! Have a fun night! | 再见 祝你们今晚玩得愉快 |
[1:28:28] | I think that the family influences… | 我认为家庭影响着 |
[1:28:32] | how a child views themselves. | 一个孩子如何看待自己 |
[1:28:37] | So if the family comes to a place… | 因此如果这个家庭能够 |
[1:28:39] | where they can accept that their child has autism, | 接受他们的孩子患自闭症的事实 |
[1:28:42] | and love the child, and develop a relationship, | 并且爱这个孩子 建立起深厚的感情关系 |
[1:28:45] | their life is going to be much better. | 他们的生活将会好得多 |
[1:29:01] | Did Rowan get cured of his autism? | 荣恩的自闭症有没有治愈呢 |
[1:29:04] | No. Rowan is still autistic. | 没有 荣恩仍然患着自闭症 |
[1:29:08] | Did Rowan get healed of the dysfunctions that went along with his autism- | 是否治愈了随自闭症产生的机能障碍 包括 |
[1:29:11] | the physical and emotional incontinence, | 身体与感情的失控 |
[1:29:14] | the inconsolable tantrums, the isolation from his peers? | 难以抚慰的发火 以及与同龄人的隔绝 |
[1:29:19] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:29:24] | For us, this healing was frankly miracuious. | 坦白说 这对我们而言是奇迹般的恢复 |
[1:29:29] | But perhaps the real miracle… | 但也许真正的奇迹 |
[1:29:31] | was that we went to Mongolia with a child suffering, | 是我们去了蒙古 带着一个饱受折磨的孩子 |
[1:29:34] | and a family suffering, | 以及一个饱受折磨的家 |
[1:29:36] | and we found healing through whatever means. | 而我们为了寻找治疗尝试了所有的办法 |
[1:29:38] | The bottom line is that we took the adventure, and through that adventure, | 这件事本质是我们选择冒险 而通过这冒险 |
[1:29:43] | we found a way, both as individuals, and as a family, | 我们无论是个人还是家庭 找到了一条途径 |
[1:29:47] | to break free. | 去得到自由 |
[1:31:08] | So, this is the new trail center, | 这是新的开始 |
[1:31:11] | and we have founded… | 我们建立了 |
[1:31:13] | an equestrian and autism learning facility… | 一家马术与自闭症患者学习机构 |
[1:31:17] | in central Texas, near Elgin Texas, where we live. | 位于德州中部 距离我们的住处埃尔金很近 |
[1:31:21] | Good. Now we’re walking. That’s a walk. | 好 现在我们要走了 就这么走 |
[1:31:24] | The schoolhouse here is all set up… | 这里的校舍 |
[1:31:26] | for teaching special needs. | 都是为教授特殊的需求而建立的 |
[1:31:28] | We have a number of good qualified therapists now… | 现在我们有许多资格老道的治疗专家 |
[1:31:33] | coming in and working with us on the non-horse side. | 来这里跟我们一起在非马术方面工作 |
[1:31:36] | As you can see, there’s a lot of happy kids here now. | 如你所见 现在这儿有很多开心的孩子 |
[1:31:44] | – One. Good. And? – One. Two. | -一 很好 然后呢 -一二 |
[1:31:46] | – And? – One. One and two. | -然后呢 -一 一二 |
[1:31:48] | – And what? – And one. | -接着呢 -一 |
[1:31:50] | – Yeah! – And two. | -对 -二 |
[1:31:51] | – And one? – One. | -然后是一吗 -一 |