英文名称:The Hours
年代:2002
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:27] | Dearest, I feel certain | 亲爱的 我清晰地感觉到 |
[01:30] | that I am going mad again. | 我又将精神崩溃 |
[01:31] | I feel we can’t go | 我觉得我们无法在一次次地崩溃后 |
[01:33] | through another of these terrible times, | 承受再一次的打击 |
[01:35] | and I… shan’t | 并且这次 我也不想 |
[01:37] | recover this time. | 再挣扎了 |
[01:40] | I begin to hear voices, and can’t concentrate. | 我开始幻听 没有办法集中精神 |
[01:48] | So, I am doing what seems to be | 所以 这么做对我来说 |
[01:50] | the best thing to do. | 会是最好的选择 |
[02:07] | You have given me | 你给了我 |
[02:09] | the greatest possible happiness. | 最快乐的幸福时光 |
[02:11] | You have been in every way | 你总是尽一切可能 |
[02:14] | all that anyone could be. | 让我快乐 |
[02:20] | I know that I am spoiling your life, | 我知道我毁了你的生活 |
[02:23] | and without me, you could work. | 没有我 你可以扶摇直上 |
[02:25] | And you will, | 而且你会的 |
[02:27] | I know. | 我知道 |
[02:32] | You see, I can’t even write this properly. | 瞧 我甚至连封信也写不好 |
[02:38] | What I want to say is that I owe | 我只想说 |
[02:40] | all the happiness of my life to you. | 你给了我一生中最大的幸福 |
[02:43] | You have been entirely patient with me… | 你极其耐心地伴我左右 |
[02:47] | and | 并且 |
[02:49] | incredibly good. | 对我无以复加地悉心呵护 |
[02:52] | Everything’s gone | 往事随风 |
[02:53] | from me but the certainty | 一一弃我而去 唯有你的良善 |
[02:56] | of your goodness. | 不离不弃 |
[02:58] | I can’t go on spoiling your life any longer. | 我不能再这样拖累你的生活 |
[03:03] | I don’t think two people could have been happier | 我想再没有人会像我们曾经那般 |
[03:07] | than we have been. | 幸福快乐 |
[03:09] | Virginia. | 维吉妮娅 |
[05:03] | Good morning, Doctor. | 早安 医生 |
[05:04] | Mr. Woolf. | 伍尔芙先生 |
[05:06] | No worse, I think. | 病情没有再恶化 我想 |
[05:08] | I see. | 好的 |
[05:10] | The main thing is to keep her where she is, and calm. | 最重要的就是让她待在这儿 保持平静 |
[05:16] | Friday, then. | 那就周五见 |
[08:39] | Good morning, Leonard. | 早安 伦纳德 |
[08:40] | Good morning, Virginia. | 早安 维吉妮娅 |
[08:41] | How was your sleep ? | 睡得怎么样 |
[08:43] | Uneventful. | 没有做恶梦 |
[08:44] | The headaches ? | 头痛吗 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:936个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:123个,六级词汇:64个,GRE词汇:59个,托福词汇:88个,考研词汇:126个,专四词汇:111个,专八词汇:20个, 所有生词标注共:224个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[08:46] | No. No headaches. | 不 头不痛 |
[08:50] | Doctor seemed pleased. | 医生看起来很满意 |
[08:51] | That’s all from this morning ? | 早上就这些事了 |
[08:54] | Yes. This young man has submitted his manuscript. | 是的 这个年轻人又寄来了手稿 |
[08:56] | I’ve found three errors of fact | 我发现了三处论据错误 |
[08:58] | and two spelling mistakes, | 和两处拼写错误 |
[09:00] | and I’m not yet on page four. | 而且我还没校到第四页 |
[09:02] | Have you had breakfast ? | 你用过早餐了吗 |
[09:04] | Yes. | 用过了 |
[09:05] | Liar. | 撒谎 |
[09:06] | Virginia, it’s not my insistence. | 维吉妮娅 这不是我的要求 |
[09:08] | It’s your own doctor’s. | 而是你医生的规定 |
[09:11] | I’m going to send | 我让娜莉 |
[09:13] | Nelly up with some fruit and a bun. | 送些水果和面包上去 |
[09:17] | Right. Lunch, then. | 好吧 那就吃午餐吧 |
[09:18] | Proper lunch, | 丰盛的午餐 |
[09:19] | husband and wife sitting down together… | 夫妻二人一同享用 |
[09:22] | soup, pudding | 有汤 布丁 |
[09:23] | and all. | 还有其它 |
[09:25] | By force if necessary. | 如果必要的话我会强迫你吃饭 |
[09:29] | Leonard, I believe I may have a first sentence. | 伦纳德 我觉得我知道小说的开头怎么写了 |
[09:37] | Work, then. | 那就去写作吧 |
[09:45] | Then you must eat. | 你需要吃些东西 |
[10:43] | Mrs. Dalloway said… | 达洛维夫人说 |
[10:46] | she would buy the flowers… herself. | 她要自己买束鲜花 |
[10:52] | Mrs. Dalloway said | 达洛维夫人说 |
[10:53] | she would buy the flowers herself. | 她要自己去买花 |
[10:58] | Sally, I think I’ll buy the flowers myself. | 萨利 我想我要去买些花 |
[11:01] | What ? | 什么 |
[11:03] | What flowers ? | 什么花 |
[11:05] | Oh, shit. I forgot. | 哦 糟糕 我忘记了 |
[11:09] | You’re never going to be a big boy | 你要是不好好吃早饭 |
[11:11] | if you don’t eat your breakfast. | 就永远没法长成一个男子汉 |
[11:13] | You’re going to be the big brother. | 你就要做哥哥了 |
[11:14] | It’s a very important job. | 这是个很重要的事 |
[11:15] | Happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[11:16] | – Morning, honey. – Oh, Dan. | -早安 宝贝 -哦 丹 |
[11:19] | Roses on your own birthday. | 在你的生日收到玫瑰花 |
[11:21] | You’re too much. Really. | 你真的太好了 真的 |
[11:22] | He’ll eat it | 你在这里 |
[11:24] | now that you’re here. | 他才会乖乖吃完 |
[11:26] | It’s your birthday. | 今天是你的生日 |
[11:27] | You shouldn’t be out buying me flowers. | 不该让你出去为我买花的 |
[11:28] | Well, you were still sleeping. | 恩 你还在睡觉 |
[11:30] | So ? | 所以 |
[11:32] | Well, we decided it would be better | 恩 我们觉得 |
[11:34] | if we let you sleep in a little, didn’t we ? | 你多睡一会儿更好 对吗 |
[11:36] | Morning, bug. | 早安 小乖乖 |
[11:40] | You need to rest, Laura. | 你需要休息 劳拉 |
[11:42] | You’re only four months away. | 你还有4个月就生了 |
[11:43] | Dan, don’t. | 丹 别担心 |
[11:44] | I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[11:46] | I’m just tired. | 只是有些累 |
[11:49] | I’ve been telling him he’s got to eat his breakfast. | 我在告诉他 他必须吃了他的早餐 |
[11:51] | That’s true. | 这才对 |
[11:52] | So, it’s a beautiful day. | 所以 这是美妙的一天 |
[11:54] | What are you two going to be doing with it ? | 你们俩今天打算做什么 |
[11:56] | We’ve got our plans, don’t we ? | 我们自有打算 对吗 |
[12:00] | What plans ? | 什么打算 |
[12:01] | Hmm… | 恩 |
[12:02] | Well, it wouldn’t be much of a party, | 恩 如果我 |
[12:05] | would it, if I told you | 把一切事无巨细地告诉你 |
[12:06] | every detail in advance ? | 那可就不能算是生日惊喜派对了 |
[12:07] | Well, I better just stop | 好吧 我还是就此打住 |
[12:08] | asking questions then, huh ? | 不要再多问了 哈 |
[12:10] | That the time ? | 时间差不多了 |
[12:12] | I better get going. | 我要走了 |
[12:13] | Have a good day. | 过得开心 |
[12:14] | You, too. | 你也是 |
[12:18] | Dan, happy birthday. | 丹 生日快乐 |
[12:20] | Oh, thank you. | 哦 谢谢你 |
[12:54] | You need to finish your breakfast. | 你要吃完你的早餐 |
[13:21] | Oh, I’m going to make a cake. | 哦 我要去做个蛋糕 |
[13:25] | That’s what I’m going to do. | 我正是要这样做 |
[13:28] | I’m going to make the cake for Daddy’s birthday. | 我要给爸爸做生日蛋糕 |
[13:30] | Mommy, can I help ? | 妈咪 我能帮忙吗 |
[13:32] | Can I help make the cake ? | 我能帮你做蛋糕吗 |
[13:35] | Of course you can, sweet pea. | 当然可以 小豆豆 |
[13:38] | I’m not going to do anything without you. | 没有你我可什么也做不好 |
[13:40] | No, of course. | 是的 当然做不好 |
[13:41] | You have to come. | 你得来参加 |
[13:43] | Of course. | 当然 |
[13:46] | Well, I always wanted you | 恩 我希望你和 |
[13:47] | and everybody involved in the actual ceremony. | 所有人都来参加典礼 |
[13:49] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[13:51] | Around 60. | 大概60人吧 |
[13:52] | Well, it will. | 恩 差不多 |
[13:54] | It’ll mean so much. | 这意义重大 |
[13:55] | The whole occasion. | 整件事 |
[13:57] | It’s the least I can do | 我唯一能做的 |
[13:59] | to have a nice dinner and say thank you | 就是准备丰盛的晚餐并向 |
[14:01] | to everybody. | 所有来宾道谢 |
[14:02] | You’ve done so much for him. | 你为他付出太多了 |
[14:03] | Oh, I take that as a yes. | 哦 我就当这是个肯定吧 |
[14:05] | He’ll be thrilled. | 他一定非常兴奋 |
[14:06] | Oh, my God. | 哦 天啊 |
[14:08] | I’m thrilled. Oh, good. | 我太激动了 哦 真棒 |
[14:11] | What if nobody comes ? | 要是没人来呢 |
[14:12] | This is Clarissa Vaughan. | 我是克丽莎·范恩 |
[14:14] | Yes, I am just confirming | 是的 我只是确认下 |
[14:16] | that you’re sending a car to pick me up first. | 你会先开车来接我 |
[14:18] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[14:20] | – Hi, Clarissa. – Hi, can’t talk. | -你好 克丽莎 -你好 不方便聊天 |
[14:21] | And then we’re going over to 679 Hudson, | 然后我们去在9号和14号之间的 |
[14:24] | which is at 9th and 14th. | 哈德逊大街679号 |
[14:26] | Then you will take me uptown and you will wait for us. | 然后你带我去住宅区 再等着我们 |
[14:29] | And it’ll be over at seven. | 差不多7点左右结束 |
[14:39] | Flowers ! What a beautiful morning. | 花 多么美好的清晨 |
[14:43] | Hi, Clarissa. How are you ? | 嗨 克丽莎 你好吗 |
[14:45] | I’m having a party. | 我要办一个派对 |
[14:47] | My friend Richard’s won the Carruthers. | 我的朋友理查德获得了卡拉瑟斯奖 |
[14:50] | Well, that’s just terrific… | 哇 那真是太棒了 |
[14:52] | if I knew what it was. | 如果我知道那是个什么奖的话 |
[14:54] | It’s a poetry prize for a life’s work. | 是个诗人终身成就奖项 |
[14:59] | It’s the most prestigious. | 非常难能可贵 |
[15:00] | For a poet, it’s the best you can do. | 对一个诗人来说 这是所能得到的最高荣誉了 |
[15:02] | Oh, very good. | 哦 非常好 |
[15:03] | So, what would you like ? | 那么 你打算要点什么呢 |
[15:05] | The lilies are perfect. | 百合就不错 |
[15:06] | No. Too morbid. | 不 太病态了 |
[15:09] | Hydrangeas, I think. | 我觉得 还是绣球吧 |
[15:11] | And, um… | 还有 恩 |
[15:12] | Oh, oh, let’s just have buckets of roses. | 哦 哦 再来一束玫瑰 |
[15:18] | And… I think I’m going to take these with me. | 然后 我想这些我都要了 |
[15:22] | Rodney ? | 罗尼 |
[15:23] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[15:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:28] | I actually tried to read Richard’s novel. | 实际上 我试着读了理查德的小说 |
[15:31] | You did ? | 是吗 |
[15:34] | Oh, I know. It’s not easy. | 哦 我知道 那有些晦涩难懂 |
[15:37] | I know. | 我知道 |
[15:38] | It did take him ten years to write. | 他花了十年才完成的巨著 |
[15:40] | Maybe it just takes another ten to read. | 可能需要十年时间才能读完 |
[15:46] | It’s you, isn’t it ? | 是你 对吗 |
[15:47] | What is ? | 什么 |
[15:48] | In the novel, isn’t it meant to be you ? | 小说里 说的是你吧 |
[15:50] | Oh, I see. | 哦 我明白了 |
[15:52] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[15:54] | Sort of. | 差不多 |
[15:55] | I mean, in a way. | 我是说 在某种程度上 |
[15:57] | You know, Richard’s a writer. | 你知道 理查德是个作家 |
[15:58] | That’s what he is. | 他生来如此 |
[15:59] | He uses things which actually happen. | 他所提到的故事都是源自现实的 |
[16:01] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[16:02] | And years ago, he and I were students. | 多年以前 他和我都还是学生 |
[16:05] | That’s true. | 是的 没错 |
[16:07] | But, you know, then he changes things. | 但是 你知道的 他做出了改变 |
[16:08] | Oh, sure. | 哦 是的 |
[16:09] | I don’t mean in a bad way. | 我不是指坏的改变 |
[16:15] | It’s more like… he makes them his own. | 更像是 他把它们变成了自己的方式 |
[16:27] | A woman’s whole life… | 一个女人的一生 |
[16:30] | in a single day, | 在某一天 |
[16:33] | just one day… | 就那一天 |
[16:37] | and in that day, | 恰恰在那一天 |
[16:40] | her whole life. | 即是她的一生 |
[16:44] | This is what we need. | 这正是我们所需要的材料 |
[16:46] | Shortening… | 起酥油 |
[17:44] | Mrs. Dalloway, it’s you. | 戴洛维夫人 是你 |
[17:48] | Yes, it’s me ! | 是的 是我 |
[17:49] | Oh… It’s me. | 哦 是我 |
[17:52] | Come in. | 请进 |
[17:54] | Richard, it’s a beautiful morning. | 理查德 这是个美好的早晨 |
[17:58] | How about we let in a little more light ? | 我们为何不让阳光洒进来一点呢 |
[18:01] | Is it still morning ? | 还是早晨吗 |
[18:03] | Yes, it is. | 是的 |
[18:05] | Have I died ? | 我死了吗 |
[18:08] | Good morning, my dear. | 早安 我亲爱的 |
[18:14] | Any visitors ? | 有客人来吗 |
[18:15] | Yes. | 是的 |
[18:16] | Are they still here ? | 他们还在这儿吗 |
[18:17] | No. They’ve gone. | 不 他们走了 |
[18:18] | Mm. How’d they look ? | 嗯 他们长什么样 |
[18:20] | Today ? | 今天吗 |
[18:22] | Sort of like black fire. | 有些像地狱的火焰 |
[18:25] | I mean, sort of light | 我是说 光明 |
[18:26] | and dark at the same time. | 与黑暗并存的样子 |
[18:30] | There was one a bit like an electrified jellyfish. | 有个人看起来有些像电水母 |
[18:33] | They were singing. | 他们在歌唱 |
[18:35] | May have been Greek. | 听起来像希腊语 |
[18:38] | So the ceremony is at 5:00. | 所以颁奖典礼是5点开始 |
[18:41] | Do you remember ? | 你记得吗 |
[18:48] | And then… | 然后 |
[18:49] | the party is right after. | 派对随后开始 |
[19:01] | They did bring you breakfast, didn’t they ? | 他们给你送早餐了吗 |
[19:02] | What a question. Of course. | 瞧这问题 当然送了 |
[19:05] | Richard, you did eat it ? | 理查德 你吃早餐了 |
[19:06] | Well, can you see it ? | 当然 你还能看到早饭吗 |
[19:07] | Is it here ? | 在这儿 |
[19:10] | Any breakfast lying around ? | 周围有任何早点的痕迹吗 |
[19:11] | No, I don’t see it. | 没有 我没有看到 |
[19:13] | Well, then I must have eaten it, mustn’t I ? | 恩 所以我一定是吃早饭了 不是吗 |
[19:15] | I suppose. | 但愿如此 |
[19:17] | Does it matter ? | 这很重要吗 |
[19:20] | Of course, it matters. | 当然 非常重要 |
[19:21] | You know what the doctors say. | 你知道医生是怎么说的 |
[19:30] | Have you been skipping pills ? | 你没有吃药吗 |
[19:33] | Clarissa, I can’t take this. | 克丽莎 我接受不了 |
[19:34] | Take what ? | 接受什么 |
[19:35] | Having to be proud and brave | 在众人面前 |
[19:37] | in front of everybody. | 表现得自豪而英勇 |
[19:38] | Oh. Honey, it’s not a performance. | 哦 宝贝 这不是一个表演 |
[19:40] | Of course it is. | 这当然是 |
[19:41] | I got the prize for my performance. | 我因为自己的成绩得到嘉奖 |
[19:43] | Well, that is nonsense. | 恩 那不重要 |
[19:44] | I got the prize for having AIDS and going nuts | 我因为艾滋病和精神错乱而得奖 |
[19:47] | and being brave about it. | 并且勇敢面对 |
[19:48] | I actually got the prize for having come through. | 我实际上是因为苟延残喘才得到奖杯的 |
[19:50] | It’s not true. | 不是这样的 |
[19:52] | – For surviving, that’s what – It’s not true. | -因为苟延残喘 这才是 -不是这样的 |
[19:53] | I got the prize for. Oh, you think they | 我因此而被表彰 哦 你觉得 |
[19:55] | would have given it to me if I were healthy ? | 如果我是健康人的话 他们还会给我颁奖吗 |
[19:56] | Yes, as a matter of fact, I do. | 会的 当然会 |
[20:06] | Is it here somewhere ? | 它在这儿的某个地方吗 |
[20:08] | What ? | 什么 |
[20:09] | The prize. I’d like to look at it. | 奖杯 我要看看它 |
[20:14] | No, you haven’t gotten it yet. | 不 你还没有领到呢 |
[20:18] | It’s tonight. | 今晚领奖 |
[20:20] | Are you sure ? | 你确定 |
[20:21] | Um… | 恩 |
[20:24] | I remember the ceremony perfectly. | 我很清晰地记得典礼的一切 |
[20:27] | I seem to have fallen out of time. | 但我似乎弄不清时间了 |
[20:34] | Richard. | 理查德 |
[20:35] | Richard… | 理查德 |
[20:37] | it’s a party, | 这是个庆祝派对 |
[20:39] | and it’s only a party. | 而且只是个派对 |
[20:43] | Hmm ? Populated entirely | 哦 会有崇拜和仰慕你的人们 |
[20:45] | by people who respect and admire you. | 慕名而来 |
[20:48] | A small party, is it ? | 小派对 是吗 |
[20:50] | A select party, is it ? | 一个私人派对 是吗 |
[20:51] | Your friends. | 都是你的朋友们 |
[20:53] | I thought I lost all my friends. | 我想我早就失掉了所有的朋友 |
[20:55] | I thought I drove my friends crazy. | 我觉得我已经把我的朋友们逼疯了 |
[20:58] | Jesus. | 上帝呀 |
[20:59] | Oh, Mrs. Dalloway, | 哦 戴洛维夫人 |
[21:01] | always giving parties to cover the silence. | 总是用狂欢掩饰寂寞 |
[21:17] | Richard… | 理查德 |
[21:22] | You won’t need to do anything. | 你什么都不用做 |
[21:24] | All you have to do is appear, | 你要做的只是出席 |
[21:26] | sit on the sofa. | 坐在沙发上 |
[21:30] | And I will be there. | 我会陪着你 |
[21:34] | This is a group of people | 就是一群人 |
[21:36] | who want to tell you your work is going to live. | 来告诉你 你的作品将名垂青史 |
[21:39] | Oh, is it ? | 哦 是吗 |
[21:41] | Is my work going to live ? | 我的作品将名垂青史 |
[21:44] | I can’t go through with it, Clarissa. | 我应付不了 克丽莎 |
[21:46] | Oh… Why do you say that ? | 哦 你为什么要这样说呢 |
[21:49] | – I can’t. – Why ? | -我做不到 -为什么 |
[21:50] | Because I wanted to be a writer, that’s all. | 因为我只想做一名笔者 只是这样 |
[21:52] | So ? | 所以 |
[21:53] | I wanted to write about it all. | 我想把一切都写下来 |
[21:56] | Everything that happens in a moment. | 所有瞬间发生的事情 |
[21:58] | The way the flowers looked | 你手中 |
[22:00] | when you carried them in your arms. | 盛开的鲜花 |
[22:02] | This towel, how it… smells, how it feels. | 这条毛巾 它的味道 它的触感 |
[22:04] | This thread. | 这枚针 |
[22:05] | All our feelings, | 我们全部的感受 |
[22:08] | yours and mine. | 你的和我的 |
[22:09] | The history of it, | 过去的历史 |
[22:10] | who we once were. | 我们的曾经 |
[22:13] | Everything in the world. | 世界万物 |
[22:16] | Everything all mixed up… | 一切混为一谈 |
[22:19] | like it’s all mixed up now. | 就像现在乱七八糟的样子 |
[22:26] | And I failed. | 然后 我失败了 |
[22:33] | I failed. | 我失败了 |
[22:36] | No matter what you start with, it ends up being so much less. | 不论你如何开始 结局却凋零至此 |
[22:46] | and stupidity. | 和愚蠢 |
[22:55] | We want everything, don’t we ? | 我们贪得无厌 不是吗 |
[23:02] | I suppose we do. | 我想是的 |
[23:03] | You kissed me on a beach. | 你在沙滩上吻了我 |
[23:11] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[23:12] | Do you remember… | 你还记得 |
[23:16] | how many years ago ? | 那是多少年前吗 |
[23:18] | Of course. | 当然记得 |
[23:19] | What did you want then ? | 你当时想要做什么 |
[23:28] | Come closer. | 过来点儿 |
[23:32] | I’m right here. | 我在这儿啊 |
[23:33] | Come closer, would you, please ? | 离我近点儿 可以吗 |
[23:41] | Take my hand. | 牵着我的手 |
[23:48] | Would you be angry ? | 你会生气吗 |
[23:51] | Would I be angry if you didn’t show up | 如果我不出席派对 |
[23:53] | at the party ? | 你会生气吗 |
[23:55] | Would you be angry if I died ? | 如果我死了你会生气吗 |
[23:58] | If you died ? | 如果你死了 |
[23:59] | Who is this party for ? | 这派对是为谁办的 |
[24:02] | What do you mean, who’s it for ? | 为谁办的 你是什么意思 |
[24:04] | What are you asking ? What are you trying to say ? | 你在问些什么 你到底想说什么 |
[24:05] | I’m not trying to say anything. | 我什么都不想说 |
[24:07] | Mm. | 嗯 |
[24:08] | I’m saying… | 我是说 |
[24:10] | I think I’m only staying alive to satisfy you. | 我想我一直苟且地活着只是为了取悦你 |
[24:22] | Well… | 恩 |
[24:25] | so that is what we do. | 我们每个人都是如此 |
[24:27] | That is what people do. | 这正是人们正面对的 |
[24:29] | They stay alive for each other. | 为了他人而活着 |
[24:33] | And the doctors told you, | 况且医生告诉过你 |
[24:34] | you-you don’t need to die. | 你不会死 |
[24:35] | They told you that. | 他们这么说过 |
[24:37] | You can… live like this for years. | 你可以 这样地活上数年 |
[24:39] | Well, exactly. | 是啊 生不如死 |
[24:44] | I don’t accept this. | 我无法苟同 |
[24:46] | I don’t accept what you say. | 我无法同意你说的 |
[24:48] | Oh. | 哦 |
[24:49] | And it’s for you to decide, is it ? | 我的生命由你决定 是吗 |
[24:52] | How long have you been doing that ? | 你这样做维持多少年了 |
[24:55] | How many years ? | 多少年了 |
[24:56] | Coming to the apartment. | 到这个公寓 |
[24:57] | What about your own life ? | 你自己的生活呢 |
[25:00] | What about Sally ? | 萨利呢 |
[25:04] | Just wait till I die. | 只有等到我死 |
[25:06] | Then you’ll have to think of yourself. | 你就不得不认真考虑你自己了 |
[25:09] | How are you going to like that ? | 那时你将怎么办呢 |
[25:18] | Richard… | 理查德 |
[25:22] | it would be great if you did come to the party, | 如果你能参加派对是再好不过了 |
[25:25] | if you felt well enough to come. | 如果你觉得愿意来的话 |
[25:28] | Just to let you know, | 只是想让你知道 |
[25:29] | I am making the crab thing. | 我会做蟹 |
[25:32] | Not that I imagine it makes any difference to you. | 不过我想这对你来说关系不大 |
[25:35] | Of course, it makes a difference. | 当然 意义重大 |
[25:36] | I love the crab thing. | 我喜欢吃蟹 |
[25:39] | Clarissa ? | 克丽莎 |
[25:43] | Yes ? | 嗯 |
[25:58] | I’ll be back at 3:30, | 我3:30的时候会回来 |
[26:00] | and I’ll help you get dressed. | 然后帮你收拾自己 |
[26:01] | Wonderful. | 太好了 |
[26:03] | 3:30 30. | |
[26:17] | Wonderful. | 很好 |
[26:42] | It’s on this day, | 这天 |
[26:45] | this day of all days… | 岁月中平凡的一天 |
[26:56] | her fate becomes clear to her. | 她的命运轨迹在她面前清晰起来 |
[27:05] | Excuse me, Mrs. Woolf. | 打扰一下 伍尔芙夫人 |
[27:06] | Mr. Woolf said I was to come and speak with you. | 伍尔芙先生说你有事找我 |
[27:10] | I’ve nearly finished, Nelly. | 我就快写完了 娜莉 |
[27:12] | You can tell me in the kitchen. | 你可以在厨房告诉我 |
[27:14] | I’ll be down very soon. | 我很快会过去 |
[27:20] | Hmm. | 嗯 |
[27:23] | What happens is, she says she wants something, | 怎么了 她说她需要找我 |
[27:26] | and then it turns out she doesn’t. | 结果又不要了 |
[27:27] | Well, she never does, does she ? | 就是 她从来没要过东西 对吧 |
[27:29] | She never wants anything. | 她从来不要任何东西 |
[27:30] | Mm-hmm. | 是的 |
[27:31] | Especially when she’s particularly after it. | 特别是当她及其想要的时候 |
[27:33] | That’s a sure sign. | 那就是个明确的信号 |
[27:34] | I wish I’d been there. | 真希望我也在场 |
[27:35] | I wish you had, too. | 我也希望你在 |
[27:36] | Did you give her that look ? | 你给她脸色看了吗 |
[27:39] | That sort of look you do ? | 就是你一惯的脸色 |
[27:42] | I said, Madam… | 我说 夫人 |
[27:50] | Yes, Nelly, tell me. | 恩 娜莉 告诉我 |
[27:52] | How can I help ? | 有什么要告诉我的吗 |
[27:53] | It’s about lunch. | 是午餐的事 |
[27:55] | I just had to go ahead on my own. | 我只能自己拿主意了 |
[27:58] | I understand. | 知道了 |
[28:02] | You chose a pie ? | 你要做派 |
[28:04] | I chose a lamb pie. | 我要做个羔羊肉派 |
[28:06] | That seems suitable. | 很合适 |
[28:08] | You being so busy with your writing… | 您一直忙着您的作品 |
[28:12] | I had no instructions. | 我都不知道要做些什么 |
[28:17] | You do remember that my sister is coming | 你还记得 |
[28:20] | with the children ? | 我姐姐会带孩子们一起过来吗 |
[28:21] | Yes, ma’am. | 记得 夫人 |
[28:22] | I hadn’t forgotten. | 我没有忘记 |
[28:27] | China tea, I think. | 需要中国茶 我想 |
[28:31] | And ginger. | 还有姜糖 |
[28:35] | Ginger, Madam ? | 姜糖 夫人 |
[28:39] | I’d like to give the children a treat. | 我要好好款待孩子们 |
[28:45] | We’d have to go to London | 我们只有去伦敦 |
[28:46] | for ginger, Madam. | 才能买到姜糖 夫人 |
[28:47] | I haven’t finished this, | 我还没忙完 |
[28:49] | and there’s the rest of lunch | 午餐还没有 |
[28:51] | to get ready. | 准备好 |
[28:53] | 30 train, Nelly, will get you | 30分的火车 娜莉 |
[28:55] | into London just after 1:00. | 1点后你会到伦敦 |
[28:56] | If you return on the 2:30, | 如果你2点半返回 |
[28:58] | you should be back in Richmond soon after 3:00. | 你将在3点抵达里士满 |
[29:02] | Do I miscalculate ? | 我有算错吗 |
[29:04] | No. | 没有 |
[29:06] | Well, then, is something detaining you, Nelly ? | 好的 那么 还愣在这儿干吗呢 娜莉 |
[29:17] | I can’t think of anything more exhilarating | 我想没有什么比去趟伦敦 |
[29:19] | than a trip to London. | 更让人兴奋了 |
[29:27] | – Good morning, Mrs. Woolf. – Good morning. | -早安 伍尔芙夫人 -早安 |
[29:29] | We shall publish no more new authors. | 我们再也不出版新作者的书了 |
[29:31] | I have to tell you, | 不得不告诉你 |
[29:33] | I’ve discovered ten errors in the first proof. | 我在第一校中就发现了十处错误 |
[29:34] | Lucky to have found them then. | 很幸运发现了这些错误 |
[29:36] | Passiondale was a… | 激情谷是座 |
[29:39] | charnel house | 藏骨屋 |
[29:40] | from which no min returned. | 进去的入没有一个回来过 |
[29:44] | Do you think it’s possible that | 你觉得 |
[29:46] | bad writing actually attracts a higher | 是不是文笔差所以 |
[29:47] | incidence of error ? | 文法错误也多呢 |
[29:50] | If it’s all right, I thought I might take a short walk. | 如果可以的话 我想在周边散散步 |
[29:54] | Not far ? | 周边吗 |
[29:56] | No. Just for air. | 不远 就是透透气 |
[30:00] | Go then. | 那么去吧 |
[30:02] | If I could walk midmorning, | 如果我每个早上出能出去走走 |
[30:04] | I’d be a happy man. | 我一定会很高兴的 |
[30:16] | She’ll die. | 她要死去 |
[30:19] | She’s going to die. | 她会死去 |
[30:23] | That’s what’s going to happen. | 这就是接下来要发生的 |
[30:26] | Huh. | 呃 |
[30:27] | That’s it. | 正是如此 |
[30:35] | She’ll kill herself. | 她会自杀 |
[30:39] | She’ll kill herself over something | 她会因为一些无关紧要的小事 |
[30:41] | which doesn’t seem to matter. | 而自杀 |
[30:43] | Let’s think. | 让我们想想 |
[30:46] | You grease the pan, Mommy. | 你得在锅上涂底油 妈咪 |
[30:47] | I know you grease the pan, sweet one. | 我知道要在锅上涂底油 小甜心 |
[30:49] | Even Mommy knows that. | 连妈咪都知道 |
[30:53] | This is what we’re going to do. | 这正是我们要做的 |
[30:56] | Flour… | 面粉 |
[30:58] | bowl… | 碗 |
[31:00] | sifter. | 筛子 |
[31:01] | Can I do it, Mommy ? | 能让我来做吗 妈咪 |
[31:03] | Can you sift the flour ? | 你可以筛面吗 |
[31:06] | Yes, you can sift the flour, baby, | 当然 你可以筛面的 宝贝 |
[31:08] | if that’s what makes you happy. | 如果这让你高兴的话 |
[31:15] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[31:20] | Isn’t it beautiful ? | 这漂亮吗 |
[31:22] | Don’t you think it looks like snow ? | 你不觉得这很像雪花吗 |
[31:26] | Hmm ? | 嗯 |
[31:26] | Okay. | 好的 |
[31:27] | Now, the next thing… | 现在 接下来 |
[31:30] | The next thing I’m going | 下面我要 |
[31:31] | to show you… uh, is… | 做的是 呃 是 |
[31:34] | we measure out the cups. | 我们用量杯量出份量 |
[31:36] | Mommy, it isn’t that difficult. | 妈咪 这也不是很难嘛 |
[31:38] | Now, I know. I know it isn’t difficult. | 现在 我知道了 我知道这不是那么难 |
[31:40] | It’s just that I… | 我只是 |
[31:41] | I just want to do this for Daddy. | 我只是想为爸爸做个蛋糕 |
[31:43] | Because it’s his birthday ? | 因为是他生日 |
[31:45] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[31:46] | We’re baking the cake | 我们要烤个蛋糕 |
[31:48] | to show him that we love him. | 来告诉他我们爱他 |
[31:49] | Otherwise he won’t know we love him ? | 要是不这么做的话他就不知道我们爱他了吗 |
[31:55] | That’s right. | 就是这样 |
[32:06] | I got all the stuff. | 我准备好了所有东西 |
[32:08] | I’m going right out again. | 我要再次出去一趟 |
[32:10] | My God, what a zoo ! | 天啊 这是动物园吗 |
[32:11] | Why do people have to talk about dry cleaning ? | 人们为什么都在谈论干洗呢 |
[32:14] | I mean, what is there to talk about ? | 我是说 这有什么好谈论的 |
[32:16] | I bought you some flowers. | 我给你买了些花 |
[32:20] | Where are you ? | 你在哪儿 |
[32:21] | In here. | 这里 |
[32:23] | I got someone at work to cover me. | 我和人换了班 |
[32:25] | I’ll be with you all night. | 我会整晚陪着你 |
[32:35] | Are you all right ? | 你还好吗 |
[32:36] | Sure. | 当然 |
[32:41] | I guess you saw Richard. | 我想你见过理查德了 |
[32:43] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[32:47] | Well, of course. | 恩 一定如此 |
[32:50] | I bet he said, | 我敢打赌他一定说 |
[32:51] | Oh, by the way, honey, do you mind ? | 哦 宝贝 你会介意吗 |
[32:52] | Can I skip the party ? | 我可以缺席派对吗 |
[32:56] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[32:57] | He always shows up. | 他会来的 |
[32:58] | Oh, sure. | 哦 是的 |
[33:00] | In the end. | 最后总会来的 |
[33:01] | What, Richard miss an award ? | 什么 理查德错失了奖项 |
[33:02] | A chance to talk about his work. | 错过谈论他作品的好机会吗 |
[33:05] | I don’t think so. | 我可不这么想 |
[33:06] | He’ll show up. | 他会来的 |
[33:07] | You did the seating. | 你已经布置好座位了 |
[33:10] | I did. | 是的 |
[33:14] | I don’t believe it… Louis Waters. | 难以置信 路易斯·沃尔特 |
[33:15] | Is Louis coming ? | 他也要来吗 |
[33:18] | Richard’s Louis ? | 理查德的男朋友 |
[33:19] | He is. | 没错 |
[33:20] | You put him next to me. | 你让我们俩坐一起 |
[33:24] | Why do I always have to sit next to the exes ? | 为什么我总是要和别人的前任坐一起 |
[33:26] | Is this some kind of a hint, sweetheart ? | 这是什么暗示吗 亲爱的 |
[33:28] | And, anyway, shouldn’t the exes have a table | 还有 那些前任们不应该自成一桌吗 |
[33:31] | of their own, where they can all ex together | 他们可以一起吐吐槽 |
[33:34] | in ex-quisite agony ? | 倒倒苦水 |
[33:38] | I’m off. | 我要走了 |
[33:41] | Try not to pass out from excitement. | 你可别开心地晕过去了 |
[33:48] | Clarissa… | 克拉丽莎 |
[33:49] | it’s going to be beautiful. | 这会很棒的 |
[33:57] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[33:59] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[34:08] | Why is everything wrong ? | 为什么一切都不对 |
[34:15] | It didn’t work. | 不行 |
[34:16] | Damn it ! | 该死 |
[34:17] | It didn’t work. | 又不行 |
[34:22] | Hey, Scott. | 嘿 斯科特 |
[34:24] | Hi, Mrs. Barlowe. | 你好 巴罗夫人 |
[34:38] | Mommy, Mommy, there’s someone at the door ! | 妈妈 有人敲门 |
[34:48] | Hello ? | 有人吗 |
[34:51] | Hello ? Laura ? | 有人在吗 劳拉 |
[34:53] | Hi, Kitty. | 你好 凯蒂 |
[34:55] | Hi. Am I interrupting ? | 你好 我打扰到你了吗 |
[34:56] | Oh, of course not. Come in. | 哦 当然没有 进来吧 |
[34:57] | Are you all right ? | 你没事吧 |
[34:58] | Why, sure. | 怎么这么说 当然没事 |
[35:01] | Hi, Richie. | 你好 理查德 |
[35:02] | Sit down. | 坐吧 |
[35:03] | I’ve got coffee on. | 我在煮咖啡 |
[35:05] | Um, would you like some ? | 你要来点吗 |
[35:06] | Please. | 好的 |
[35:08] | Oh, look. | 哦 看啊 |
[35:09] | You made a cake. | 你做了蛋糕 |
[35:11] | I know. | 嗯 |
[35:12] | Didn’t work. | 没做成 |
[35:13] | I thought it was going to work. | 我以为可以成的 |
[35:16] | I thought it would work better than that. | 至少会比现在好 |
[35:19] | Oh, Laura, I don’t understand | 哦 劳拉 我不知道 |
[35:21] | why you find it so difficult. | 为什么你做蛋糕这么难 |
[35:22] | I don’t know either. | 我也不知道 |
[35:23] | Anyone can make a cake. | 是个人就会做蛋糕 |
[35:24] | I know. | 嗯 |
[35:25] | Everyone can. | 确实是这样 |
[35:26] | It’s ridiculously easy. | 这简单得离谱 |
[35:29] | Like, I bet you didn’t even grease the pan. | 呃 我打赌你根本没有往锅上抹油 |
[35:31] | I greased the pan. | 我抹了油 |
[35:32] | All right. | 好吧 |
[35:33] | You know, you have | 你知道吗 |
[35:34] | other virtues… and Dan loves you so much, | 你这么端庄贤惠 丹自己都不知道 |
[35:37] | he won’t even notice. | 他会这么爱你 |
[35:38] | Whatever you do, | 不管你做什么 |
[35:39] | he’s going to say it’s wonderful. | 他都会爱屋及乌 |
[35:41] | Well, it’s true. | 这是真的 |
[35:44] | Does Ray have a birthday ? | 雷过生日吗 |
[35:48] | Sure he does. | 当然啦 |
[35:49] | When is it ? | 什么时候 |
[35:50] | September. | 九月份 |
[35:51] | We go to the country club. | 我们会去一个乡村俱乐部 |
[35:53] | We always go to the country club. | 我们一直去那儿 |
[35:54] | We drink martinis and spend the day with 50 people. | 喝些马提尼 和五十个人一起玩 |
[35:57] | Ray’s got a lot of friends. | 雷有很多朋友 |
[35:59] | He does. | 确实是的 |
[36:01] | You both have a lot of friends. | 你们俩都有很多朋友 |
[36:03] | You’re good at it. | 你很善于交际 |
[36:07] | How is Ray ? | 雷进来怎么样 |
[36:08] | I haven’t seen him in a while. | 我好久没看见他了 |
[36:10] | Ray’s fine. | 雷很好 |
[36:11] | Mmm. | 嗯 |
[36:12] | These guys are something, aren’t they ? | 这些男人真了不起 是吧 |
[36:14] | You can say that again. | 嗯 我同意 |
[36:15] | They came home from the war. | 他们从战场上回来 |
[36:17] | They deserved it, didn’t they ? | 他们值得拥有这一切 不是吗 |
[36:20] | After what they’d been through. | 毕竟他们经历了那么多 |
[36:22] | What… did they deserve ? | 他们值得什么 |
[36:23] | I don’t know. | 我不清楚 |
[36:25] | Us, I guess. | 我想 是我们 |
[36:28] | All this. | 还有这一切 |
[36:31] | Oh. | 喔 |
[36:32] | You’re reading a book. | 你在看书 |
[36:34] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[36:37] | What’s this one about ? | 这本书是讲什么的 |
[36:38] | Oh, it’s about… | 噢 这是讲 |
[36:40] | this woman who’s incredibly… | 一个极其 |
[36:42] | Well, she’s a hostess, and she’s incredibly confident, | 呃 极其自信的主妇 |
[36:46] | and she’s going to give a party, | 她将要办一个聚会 |
[36:48] | and maybe because she’s confident, | 也许因为她很自信 |
[36:50] | everyone thinks she’s fine… | 大家都觉得她没问题 |
[36:53] | but she isn’t. | 但事实并非如此 |
[37:03] | So. | 怎么样 |
[37:06] | Well. | 嗯 |
[37:12] | Kitty, what is it ? | 凯蒂 怎么了 |
[37:13] | Is something wrong ? | 出什么事了吗 |
[37:17] | I, uh… I have to go into the hospital | 我 我得上医院 |
[37:19] | for a couple of days. | 待几天 |
[37:20] | Kitty. | 凯蒂 |
[37:23] | Yeah. I have, um… | 嗯 我 呃 |
[37:26] | some kind of… growth, in my uterus, | 我的子宫里长了点东西 |
[37:28] | and they’re going to go in and take a look. | 医生们需要剖腹查看一下 |
[37:31] | When ? | 什么时候 |
[37:32] | This afternoon. | 今天下午 |
[37:35] | Well, I need you to feed the dog. | 呃 我想让你帮我喂下狗 |
[37:39] | Of course. | 好的 |
[37:58] | Is that what you came here to ask ? | 你来这儿就是说这个的吗 |
[38:03] | What did the doctor say exactly ? | 医生到底是怎么说的 |
[38:07] | Well, it’s probably what the trouble’s been. | 我一直怀不了孕 |
[38:10] | About getting pregnant. | 这可能就是症结所在 |
[38:13] | The thing is… | 事实是 |
[38:16] | I mean, you know, | 你也知道的 |
[38:17] | I’ve been… really happy with Ray. | 我和雷一直过得很幸福 |
[38:25] | And now it turns out there was a reason. | 原来这一切都是有原因的 |
[38:30] | There was a reason I couldn’t conceive. | 我不能怀孕是有原因的 |
[38:36] | You’re lucky, Laura. | 劳拉 你很幸运 |
[38:38] | I don’t think you can call yourself a woman | 我觉得 如果你没当过母亲 |
[38:40] | until you’re a mother. | 你就不是一个女人 |
[38:46] | The joke is… | 讽刺的是 |
[38:49] | all my life I could do everything. | 在我的一生中 我什么都可以做 |
[38:53] | I mean, I could do anything, really. | 我几乎真的无所不能 |
[38:58] | Except the one thing I wanted. | 除了我最想做的那件事 |
[39:00] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[39:03] | That’s all. | 就是这样 |
[39:06] | Well, at least now they’ll be able to deal with it. | 至少他们现在有办法治疗了 |
[39:08] | That’s right. That’s what they’re doing. | 这就是他们正在做的 |
[39:10] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[39:11] | Mm. I’m not worried. | 嗯 我不担心 |
[39:12] | What would be the point of worrying ? | 担心有什么用呢 |
[39:15] | No, it’s not in your hands. | 是的 决定权并不在你 |
[39:17] | But that’s it. | 这就是问题所在 |
[39:18] | It’s in the hands of some physician I’ve never even met. | 我的命攥在素未谋面的医生手中 |
[39:22] | Some surgeon who probably drinks more martinis | 那些医生喝的酒可能 |
[39:26] | than Ray and… | 比雷和 |
[39:27] | Oh, Kitty. | 哦 凯蒂 |
[39:28] | I’m mean, of course I’m worried about Ray. | 我是说 我当然担心雷 |
[39:30] | Come here. | 让我抱抱你 |
[39:31] | I’m doing fine. | 我很好 |
[39:32] | Really. | 真的 |
[39:33] | I know. I know you are. | 我知道 我都知道 |
[39:34] | I’m more worried about Ray. | 我更担心雷 |
[39:36] | If anything, he’s not good with this stuff. | 如果有什么三长两短 他会崩溃的 |
[39:39] | Forget about him, hmm ? | 别想着他 听见了吗 |
[39:40] | Just forget about Ray. | 忘了雷 |
[40:04] | You’re sweet. | 你真好 |
[40:11] | You know the routine, right ? | 你知道怎么喂狗的吧 |
[40:13] | Half a can in the evening, and… | 傍晚半罐狗粮 |
[40:15] | check the water now and then, | 偶尔检查清水 |
[40:17] | and Ray will feed him in the morning. | 早上雷会喂它的 |
[40:25] | Kitty, you didn’t mind ? | 凯蒂 你不介意吗 |
[40:30] | What ? | 什么 |
[40:32] | I didn’t mind what ? | 介意什么 |
[40:42] | Do you want me to drive you ? | 你要我开车送你吗 |
[40:49] | I think I’ll feel better if I drive myself. | 我觉得还是自己开车比较好 |
[40:55] | Kitty, it’s going to be all right. | 凯蒂 一切都会好起来的 |
[41:00] | Of course it is. | 当然会的 |
[41:05] | Bye. | 再见 |
[41:26] | What ? | 看什么 |
[41:27] | What do you want ? | 你要干什么 |
[41:45] | Mr. Woolf, Mrs. Bell has arrived. | 伍尔芙先生 贝尔夫人来了 |
[41:50] | Not due till 4:00. | 四点之前没空 |
[41:52] | I can’t help it. She’s here. | 我也没办法 她已经来了 |
[42:00] | You look a perfect angel. | 你看上去像个完美的小天使 |
[42:03] | Don’t let the boys make fun of you. | 可别让男孩子们捉弄了 |
[42:05] | Fly away, fly. | 小天使快飞吧 |
[42:10] | Virginia. | 弗吉妮娅 |
[42:13] | Leonard thinks it’s the end of civilization… | 莱昂纳德认为 约四点 两点半就到的人 |
[42:16] | people who are invited at 4:00 and arrive at 2:30. | 代表着文明的毁灭 |
[42:19] | Oh, God. | 上帝啊 |
[42:22] | Barbarians. | 野蛮人 |
[42:23] | Well, we finished lunch sooner than we imagined. | 我们提早吃完午饭 |
[42:31] | I’ve had to send Nelly off to London for sugar ginger. | 我得叫妮莉到伦敦买姜糖 |
[42:34] | Oh, Virginia. | 噢 弗吉妮娅 |
[42:37] | You’re not still frightened of the servants, are you ? | 你不会还害怕下人们吧 |
[42:41] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[42:45] | And how are you, sister ? | 你最近怎么样 姐姐 |
[42:47] | Frantic. | 太疯狂了 |
[42:49] | It’s been ridiculous in London. | 伦敦太荒谬了 |
[42:51] | Ridiculous ? How ? | 怎么个荒谬法 |
[42:53] | Busy. | 很忙 |
[42:57] | Why is busy ridiculous ? | 忙怎么会荒谬呢 |
[42:59] | I would have invited you to our party, | 我本想请你来我们的聚会 |
[43:03] | but I knew you wouldn’t come. | 但我知道你是不会来的 |
[43:04] | Did you ? How did you know that ? | 是吗 你怎么知道的 |
[43:07] | I thought you never came to town. | 我觉得你不会再进城了 |
[43:10] | That’s because you no longer ask me. | 那是因为你不再邀请我了 |
[43:15] | Are you not forbidden to come ? | 你不是不能来吗 |
[43:18] | Do the doctors not forbid it ? | 医生不是不准你去吗 |
[43:21] | Oh, the doctors. | 噢 医生医生 |
[43:24] | Do you not pay heed to your doctors ? | 你没有好好听医生的话吗 |
[43:26] | Not when they’re a bunch of contemptible Victorians. | 他们是一群可恶的老古董 |
[43:29] | So… what are you saying ? | 你到底想说什么 |
[43:32] | Are you feeling better ? | 你好点了吗 |
[43:35] | Has this vastness made you stronger ? | 阔野有让你更坚强吗 |
[43:37] | I’m saying, Vanessa, that even crazy people like to be asked. | 凡妮莎 即使是疯子也喜欢被邀请的感觉 |
[43:41] | Nessa ! Nessa ! | 妮莎 妮莎 |
[43:43] | Nessa ! Nessa ! | 妮莎 妮莎 |
[43:45] | Hello, changelings. | 孩子们 你们好啊 |
[43:47] | What have you got ? | 你手里拿的是什么 |
[43:48] | What have you found ? | 你们找到了什么 |
[43:50] | We found a bird. | 我们发现了一只小鸟 |
[43:51] | Did you ? | 是吗 |
[43:53] | Yes. | 是的 |
[43:54] | Where did you find that ? | 你们在哪儿找到的 |
[43:55] | I think it must have fallen from a tree. | 我觉得它一定是从树上摔下来的 |
[43:57] | Oh, my goodness. | 噢 我的老天啊 |
[43:59] | Just look at him. | 看看它 |
[44:00] | We might be able to save him. | 我们也许可以救活它 |
[44:02] | Save him ? | 救活它 |
[44:04] | I think you have to be careful, Quentin. | 我觉得你还是小心点好 昆汀 |
[44:07] | There’s a time to die, | 万物总有一死 |
[44:08] | and it may be the bird’s time. | 也许这只鸟死期将至 |
[44:09] | Come on, let’s pick some grass | 来吧 我们来捡些杂草 |
[44:11] | to make a grave. | 给它挖个坟墓 |
[44:13] | – Oh, Julian. – I’m just saying. | -哦 朱利安 -我就是说说罢了 |
[44:15] | Then at least there’ll be a bed for him to die on. | 至少它死后还有地方可以安息 |
[44:16] | Come on, Nessa, let’s make a grave. | 来吧 妮莎 我们来挖个坟墓 |
[44:21] | Nessa, come on ! | 妮莎 快来 |
[44:23] | Oh… | 哦 |
[44:24] | Very well, I’m coming. | 好啦 我来啦 |
[44:26] | Wait for me then. | 等等我 |
[44:27] | Angelica, will you be all right ? | 安琪莉卡 你要乖乖的 |
[44:29] | Stay with your aunt. | 去你阿姨身边 |
[44:30] | You’re going too fast. | 你们跑得太快了 |
[44:51] | Do you think she’d like roses ? | 你说她会喜欢玫瑰花吗 |
[44:59] | Is it a she ? | 这是只小雌鸟吗 |
[45:03] | Yes, the females are larger. | 嗯 雌鸟比较大一点 |
[45:06] | And less colorful. | 毛色也不是很鲜艳 |
[45:09] | What happens when we die ? | 我们死了会怎样 |
[45:12] | What happens ? | 会怎么样 |
[45:19] | We return to the place that we came from. | 我们从哪里来就回哪里去 |
[45:22] | I don’t remember where I came from. | 我不记得我是从哪儿来的了 |
[45:25] | Nor do I. | 我也不记得了 |
[45:30] | She looks very small. | 她看上去很小 |
[45:34] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[45:36] | Yes, that’s one of the things that happens… | 我们死了就会变成这样 |
[45:38] | we look smaller. | 会变小 |
[45:42] | But very peaceful. | 但是她很安详 |
[45:57] | Oh, is it done ? | 噢 你们埋好了吗 |
[45:59] | Have we finished ? | 可以结束了吗 |
[46:01] | Is the bird funeral complete ? | 小鸟的葬礼结束了吗 |
[46:03] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[46:04] | Very well, then. | 那很好 |
[46:05] | Are we to be denied tea altogether for coming so early ? | 我们来这么早 就不给茶喝吗 |
[46:08] | No, of course not. | 当然不是 |
[46:09] | Good. | 好 |
[46:10] | Come on, Angelica. | 安琪莉卡 来吧 |
[46:13] | Come on, come on, boys. | 男孩们 来吧 |
[46:15] | Let’s get some tea. | 我们去喝茶 |
[46:16] | Nessa, tell him to stop it ! | 妮莎 叫他住手 |
[46:18] | Now stop it, Julian. | 快住手 朱利安 |
[46:26] | Virginia, we’re going in. | 弗吉妮娅 我们要进去了 |
[46:30] | Virginia ! | 弗吉妮娅 |
[47:46] | Hey, bug. | 嘿 小捣蛋 |
[47:48] | I’ve got this idea. | 我有个主意 |
[47:50] | We’re going to make another cake. | 我们来再做个蛋糕吧 |
[47:54] | We’re going to make a better one. | 做一个更好的蛋糕 |
[47:56] | What happened to the first one ? | 那第一个呢 |
[48:01] | And after that… | 做完了之后呢 |
[48:04] | I think we should go out. | 我们可以出门逛逛 |
[48:17] | Yes ? | 谁啊 |
[48:18] | Clarissa, it’s Louis. | 克拉丽莎 我是路易斯 |
[48:20] | Louis Waters. | 路易斯·沃尔特 |
[48:22] | Louis ? Oh, my God. | 路易斯吗 天哪 |
[48:25] | You’re early. | 你来早了 |
[48:26] | Do you mind ? | 你介意吗 |
[48:27] | Is it all right ? | 这么早来没事吧 |
[48:46] | Oh, why should I mind ? | 我怎么会介意呢 |
[48:48] | I’m delighted ! | 我很高兴啊 |
[48:49] | Well, now ! | 我这不来了嘛 |
[48:53] | I feel like I’m interrupting. | 我好像打扰你了 |
[48:55] | Oh, why ?! | 没有啦 |
[48:56] | No. | 不会的 |
[48:58] | I know the ceremony isn’t until 5:00, | 我知道典礼五点才开始 |
[48:59] | but I flew in this morning. | 但是我一早就飞过来了 |
[49:01] | Oh, well, Richard’s going to be thrilled. | 理查德要开心死了 |
[49:06] | He’ll be thrilled to see you. | 他看见你会激动死的 |
[49:08] | You think so ? | 是吗 |
[49:09] | Of course. | 当然啦 |
[49:17] | What are we doing ? We should go in. | 我们这是在干嘛啊 快进来吧 |
[49:27] | Are you all right ? | 你没事吧 |
[49:29] | Yes. It’s nothing. | 哦 没事没事 |
[49:30] | It’s just the party. | 要办派对我有点紧张 |
[49:32] | Oh, right. | 哦 也是 |
[49:37] | Oh, wow ! | 哇 |
[49:38] | It’s looking beautiful. | 这儿看上去真美啊 |
[49:39] | Thanks. | 多谢夸奖 |
[49:41] | Are you still with… ? | 你还是和她在一起吗 |
[49:42] | Yes, I am. | 是的 |
[49:43] | Still with her. Ten years. | 还是她 已经十年了 |
[49:46] | It’s crazy. | 这太疯狂了 |
[49:46] | Why is it crazy ? | 为什么 |
[49:49] | No reason. | 我也不知道 |
[49:50] | Would you like something to drink ? | 你要喝些什么吗 |
[49:52] | Some water. | 水就行了 |
[49:53] | Okay. | 好的 |
[50:09] | Are you still an editor ? | 你还在当编辑吗 |
[50:12] | Oh, sure. | 嗯是的 |
[50:14] | With the same publisher ? | 还是在那个出版人手下吗 |
[50:16] | Mm-hmm. | 嗯 |
[50:18] | How’s San Francisco ? | 旧金山怎么样 |
[50:20] | Oh, it’s one of those cities people tell you to like. | 就是那种人人称赞的城市 |
[50:37] | Richard said he thought | 理查德说他觉得 |
[50:39] | you were happy out there. | 你在那儿很开心 |
[50:40] | Oh, great. | 真是好 |
[50:41] | So now the illness makes him psychic. | 病魔让他成了灵媒 |
[50:46] | You have to prepare yourself, Louis. | 你得有个心理准备 路易斯 |
[50:48] | He’s very changed. | 他变了很多 |
[50:53] | I read the book. | 我看了这本书 |
[50:54] | Oh, God… | 天哪 |
[50:55] | Exactly. | 是的 |
[50:57] | I thought you were meant to do more | 我以为除了该人名 |
[50:59] | than just change people’s names. | 你还会干些别的什么 |
[51:00] | Well… | 呃 |
[51:01] | Isn’t it meant to be fiction ? | 这是本小说吗 |
[51:04] | He even had you living | 他甚至让你住在 |
[51:05] | on 10th Street. | 【十号街】 |
[51:07] | It isn’t me. | 那不是我 |
[51:08] | Isn’t it ? | 是吗 |
[51:09] | You know how Richard is. | 你知道他的 |
[51:10] | It’s a fantasy. | 这只是他的幻想 |
[51:11] | A whole chapter on | 还有一整章写 |
[51:13] | Should she buy some nail polish ? | 她该不该买指甲油 |
[51:15] | And then, guess what ? | 然后你猜怎么着 |
[51:17] | After 50 pages, she doesn’t. | 过了五十页 她决定不买了 |
[51:20] | The whole thing seems to go on for eternity. | 整部小说就是没完没了的扯 |
[51:23] | Nothing happens. | 没什么实际的事 |
[51:24] | And then, wham ! | 然后 哇 |
[51:25] | For no reason, she kills herself. | 不知怎的 她就自杀了 |
[51:27] | His mother | 他的母亲 |
[51:28] | kills herself. | 自杀了 |
[51:30] | Yeah, sure, his mother, but still for no reason. | 嗯 是他的母亲 还是不明所以 |
[51:31] | Well, I… | 呃 我 |
[51:34] | Out of the blue. | 毫无征兆 |
[51:36] | I know the book is tough, but I liked it. | 我知道这本书很晦涩 但我很喜欢 |
[51:39] | I know. | 我知道 |
[51:40] | Only one thing upset me. | 只有一点我不满意 |
[51:44] | What’s that ? | 哪一点 |
[51:45] | What upset you ? | 你哪里不满意 |
[51:48] | Well… | 呃 |
[51:49] | that there wasn’t more about you. | 对你的描写不够多 |
[51:57] | That’s kind. | 你真好 |
[52:01] | I went back to Wellfleet. | 我回过威尔福利特 |
[52:06] | You did ? | 是吗 |
[52:07] | One day. | 有一天 |
[52:08] | I didn’t tell you ? | 我没告诉你吗 |
[52:11] | No. | 没有 |
[52:13] | But then, I never see you. | 在那之前 我一直没见你 |
[52:16] | You remember the house. | 你还记得那幢房子吗 |
[52:18] | It’s still there. | 它还在 |
[52:20] | I think you’re courageous. | 我觉得你很勇敢 |
[52:21] | Courageous ? Why ? | 勇敢 为什么 |
[52:24] | To dare go visit. | 还敢回去看 |
[52:26] | What I mean is… | 我是说 |
[52:28] | to face the fact | 敢于面对事实 |
[52:30] | that we have lost those feelings forever. | 我们早已失去当初的感觉 |
[52:37] | Shit ! | 该死 |
[52:39] | Clarissa ? | 克拉丽莎 |
[52:40] | Um… | 嗯 |
[52:43] | I don’t know what’s happening. | 我不知道我怎么了 |
[52:45] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[52:46] | I seem to be in some strange | 我最近心情 |
[52:47] | sort of mood. | 很奇怪 |
[52:49] | I’m sorry. | 真抱歉 |
[52:50] | It’s, uh, it’s very rude of me. | 我真是没有礼貌 |
[52:54] | I seem to be unraveling. | 我看起来像崩溃了 |
[52:57] | I shouldn’t have come. | 我不该来的 |
[52:58] | No, it’s not you. | 不 不是因为你 |
[52:59] | It’s not you. | 和你没关系 |
[53:01] | It’s more like having a presentiment. | 我有一种预感 |
[53:03] | Do you know what I’m saying ? | 你懂我说的吗 |
[53:06] | Oh, God, it’s probably just nerves | 我可能只是因为要办派对 |
[53:08] | about the party, you know ? | 有点紧张了 |
[53:10] | Bad hostess ! | 糟糕的女主人 |
[53:13] | Clarissa, what’s happened ? | 克拉丽莎 发生了什么 |
[53:15] | Jesus ! | 上帝啊 |
[53:17] | What is it ?! | 到底怎么了 |
[53:19] | Oh ! Oh, God ! | 哦 上帝啊 |
[53:23] | Do you want me to go ? | 你想我走吗 |
[53:26] | No, don’t go ! Don’t… | 不 不要走 |
[53:29] | Don’t go. | 别走 |
[53:31] | Explain to me why this is happening. | 告诉我这到底怎么了 |
[53:35] | Don’t… don’t touch me. | 别 别碰我 |
[53:37] | Jesus. | 上帝啊 |
[53:38] | It’s better if you don’t. | 你最好别碰我 |
[53:43] | It’s just too much. | 这太突然了 |
[53:46] | You fly in from San Francisco, | 你从旧金山飞过来 |
[53:49] | and I’ve been nursing Richard for years. | 这么多年一直是我在照顾理查德 |
[53:52] | And all the time, I’ve held myself together… | 这么多年 我一直很坚强 告诉自己 |
[53:55] | no problem. | 没问题 |
[53:56] | I know. | 我知道 |
[54:00] | One morning, in Wellfleet… | 有一天早上 在威尔福利特 |
[54:04] | you were there, we were all there… | 你也在那儿 我们都在那儿 |
[54:08] | I’d been sleeping with him, | 我那时还和他在一起 |
[54:10] | and I was out on the back porch. | 那天我在后门廊那儿 |
[54:13] | He came out behind me, | 他从后面走过来 |
[54:17] | and he put his hand on my shoulder. | 把手搭在我的肩膀上 他说 |
[54:22] | Good morning, Mrs. Dalloway. | 达洛威夫人 早安 |
[54:28] | That’s… | 那是 |
[54:32] | That’s when… | 就是那时 |
[54:34] | From then on, I’ve… been stuck. | 从那时开始 我就被困住了 |
[54:36] | Stuck ? | 困住 |
[54:37] | Yep. | 嗯 |
[54:41] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[54:43] | With the name, I mean. | 摆脱不了那个名字 |
[54:48] | And now you walk in. | 现在你走了进来 |
[54:51] | To see you | 我看着你 |
[54:54] | walk in… because I never see you. | 走进来 我这么久没见你 |
[54:57] | Look at you. | 看看你 |
[55:02] | Anyway, it doesn’t matter. | 反正这一切也不重要 |
[55:06] | It was you he stayed with. | 他最后和你在一起了 |
[55:08] | It was you he lived with. | 你和他生活在了一起 |
[55:09] | I had one summer. | 我和他只有一个夏天 |
[55:23] | The day I left him, | 我离开他的那天 |
[55:25] | I got on a train and made my way across Europe. | 我上了一列火车 跨越了整个欧洲 |
[55:32] | I felt free for the first time in years. | 这么多年来 我第一次感觉自由 |
[55:51] | So… tell me about San Francisco. | 跟我说说旧金山吧 |
[55:55] | What’s to tell ? | 说什么呢 |
[55:56] | I still teach drama to idiots, mostly. | 我给一帮白痴上戏剧课 |
[56:00] | They can’t all be idiots. | 他们不可能人人都不成器 |
[56:02] | No, no. In fact, | 嗯 其实 |
[56:04] | I shouldn’t tell you this, but… | 我不该告诉你的 但是 |
[56:07] | I’ve fallen in love. | 我在谈恋爱 |
[56:08] | Really ? | 真的吗 |
[56:10] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[56:12] | With a student. | 跟我的学生 |
[56:14] | With a student. | 你的学生 |
[56:15] | Exactly. | 是的 |
[56:17] | I know. | 我知道 |
[56:19] | You think, Am I still up for this ? | 你一定在想 我还承受得了吗 |
[56:21] | All this intensity, all those arguments, | 那些激情 争吵 |
[56:23] | doors being slammed. | 大声摔门 |
[56:26] | Well, you know what it’s like. | 你知道那是什么感觉 |
[56:30] | Are you feeling better ? | 你现在好点了吗 |
[56:33] | A little. | 好点了 |
[56:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[56:40] | You think I’m ridiculous ? | 你觉得我这么做荒唐吗 |
[56:44] | Ridiculous ? | 荒唐 |
[56:46] | Fortunate, too. | 但也很幸运 |
[57:17] | I’m going to leave you at Mrs. Latch’s. | 我现在送你去拉奇太太家 |
[57:20] | I have to do something. | 我还有事要做 |
[57:32] | Mommy, I don’t want to go. | 妈妈 我不想去 |
[57:35] | You have to. I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 但是你必须去 |
[57:37] | I have something to do before Daddy gets home. | 在爸爸回家之前 我还有事要做 |
[58:25] | Hello. | 你好 |
[58:27] | Hi, Mrs. Latch. | 你好 拉奇夫人 |
[58:28] | My boy’s not very happy. | 孩子有点小情绪 |
[58:31] | Mommy, I don’t want to do this. | 妈妈 我不想去 |
[58:33] | I have to go, honey. | 我得走了 小乖 |
[58:37] | Your mommy has things she has to do. | 你妈妈还有事情要忙 |
[58:39] | Come in, I got cookies. | 快来吧 我有曲奇饼哦 |
[58:42] | Okay, baby ? | 好吗 宝贝 |
[58:45] | You have to be brave now. | 你现在要勇敢一点 |
[58:48] | Don’t worry now. | 不要担心 |
[58:49] | It’s going to be fine. | 不会有事的 |
[58:50] | Well… | 呃 |
[59:08] | Honey ! | 小乖 |
[59:28] | Come on. Come on, darling. | 快来 快来吧 |
[59:35] | Mommy ! | 妈妈 |
[59:37] | – Stop it. – No ! | -别这样 -不要 |
[59:38] | Darling, stop it. | 宝贝 别这样 |
[59:39] | Mommy ! | 妈妈 |
[59:41] | – All right. – Mommy ! | -好了 -妈妈 |
[59:42] | Mommy ! | 妈妈 |
[59:44] | Mommy ! | 妈妈 |
[59:47] | Come on. | 快进来 |
[59:48] | Mommy ! | 妈妈 |
[59:50] | Mommy ! | 妈妈 |
[59:54] | No ! | 不要 |
[1:01:27] | Breakfast is served | 早餐供应 |
[1:01:29] | between 7:00 and 11:00 in the Regency Room, | 从七点到十一点在摄政厅 |
[1:01:31] | and room service is available | 客房服务是 |
[1:01:32] | 24 hours. | 全天候的 |
[1:01:35] | Thank you, ma’am. | 谢谢您 女士 |
[1:01:39] | Is there anything else you need ? | 您还需要其他什么吗 |
[1:01:41] | Yes, um… | 嗯 |
[1:01:43] | No. | 不 |
[1:01:45] | Not to be disturbed. | 不要打扰我 |
[1:02:58] | ‘Did it matter, then ? ‘ She asked herself, | 这重要吗 她在走向邦街的路上 |
[1:03:01] | walking toward Bon Street. | 这样在心里问自己 |
[1:03:04] | Did it matter that she must inevitably cease completely ? | 她终将死去这个事实到底重不重要 |
[1:03:09] | All this must go on without her. | 他们的生活没有她也要继续 |
[1:03:12] | Did she resent it ? | 她是否痛恨这一点 |
[1:03:16] | Or did it not become consoling | 知道死亡是完全的终结 |
[1:03:18] | to believe that death ended absolutely ? | 会不会有所安慰 |
[1:03:23] | It is possible to die. | 人终有一死 |
[1:03:29] | It is possible… | 人终有 |
[1:03:31] | …to die. | 一死 |
[1:03:36] | There was a lovely coat for Angelica at Harrod’s, | 安琪莉卡在哈罗德有一件可爱的外套 |
[1:03:38] | then nothing for the boys. | 男孩们没什么 |
[1:03:40] | It seems so unfair. | 这不公平 |
[1:03:41] | Why should Angelica be favored ? | 为什么要偏袒安琪莉卡 |
[1:03:46] | Virginia ? | 弗吉妮娅 |
[1:03:49] | Virginia ? | 弗吉妮娅 |
[1:03:51] | Virginia ! | 弗吉妮娅 |
[1:03:55] | What are you thinking about ? | 你在想什么呢 |
[1:04:08] | Are you still with us ? | 你还在听我们说话吗 |
[1:04:21] | Your aunt’s a very lucky woman, Angelica… | 安吉莉卡 你的姨妈是个非常幸运的女人 |
[1:04:26] | because she has two lives. | 因为她过着两种生活 |
[1:04:29] | She has the life she’s leading, | 一种是她在现实里过的 |
[1:04:31] | and also the book she’s writing. | 一种是她在书里写的 |
[1:04:34] | This makes her very fortunate indeed. | 所以她是非常幸运的 |
[1:04:38] | What were you thinking about ? | 你刚刚在想什么 |
[1:05:06] | I was going to kill my heroine… | 我准备结束小说里女主角的生命 |
[1:05:10] | but I’ve changed my mind. | 但是我改变主意了 |
[1:05:14] | I… I can’t. | 我 我不能 |
[1:05:30] | I fear I may have to kill someone else instead. | 恐怕我得去结束其他角色的生命了 |
[1:05:41] | Oh, Quentin ! | 噢 昆廷 |
[1:05:44] | We’re ready ! | 我们准备好啦 |
[1:05:46] | A fascinating visit. | 这次来访很愉快 |
[1:05:48] | We enjoyed it thoroughly. | 我们真的特别开心 |
[1:05:52] | Do you have to go already ? | 你真的准备走了吗 |
[1:05:55] | I do wish you wouldn’t go. | 我真不想你这么快就走 |
[1:05:56] | Oh, Virginia, | 噢 弗吉尼亚 |
[1:05:57] | the last thing you want is our noisiness. | 我们不想再打扰你了 |
[1:06:00] | My hopeless, clumsy boys. | 我的儿子们太顽皮了 |
[1:06:04] | Say good-bye, boys. | 说再见 儿子们 |
[1:06:06] | Bye ! | 再见 |
[1:06:10] | You’ll return to what ? | 你回去干什么呢 |
[1:06:11] | Tonight ? | 今晚有什么事吗 |
[1:06:13] | Oh, just some… insufferable dinner. | 噢 就是场无聊的宴会 |
[1:06:18] | Not even you could envy, Virginia. | 你都不会在意的那种 弗吉尼亚 |
[1:06:21] | But I do. | 但是我在意 |
[1:06:58] | Say something, Nessa. | 说些什么 妮莎 |
[1:06:59] | Didn’t you think I seemed better ? | 你不觉得我看上去好点了吗 |
[1:07:01] | Yes… | 是的 |
[1:07:03] | Yes… Virginia, you seemed better. | 是的 弗吉尼亚 你似乎好点了 |
[1:07:20] | You think… | 你觉得 |
[1:07:22] | You think I may one day escape ? | 你觉得有天我能逃离这种生活吗 |
[1:07:26] | One day. One… | 会的 总会有那么一天 |
[1:07:30] | Nessa. | 妮莎 |
[1:07:34] | Nessa ! | 妮莎 |
[1:07:35] | Come on, Nessa. | 快点 妮莎 |
[1:07:36] | Come, Angelica, we must go. | 走吧 安吉莉卡 我们该走了 |
[1:07:40] | Come on ! | 快点啊 |
[1:07:41] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[1:07:42] | Good-bye, little girl. | 再见小姑娘 |
[1:07:44] | Angelica ! | 安吉莉卡 |
[1:07:47] | The train ! | 我们要赶火车呢 |
[1:07:50] | We’re going to miss the train. | 我们要赶不上火车了 |
[1:07:53] | Come on. Hurry up. | 别磨蹭了 快点 |
[1:07:55] | Big step. | 跨一大步 |
[1:08:01] | Come on, come on, come on ! | 快 快 快 |
[1:08:02] | I want to go home. | 我想赶快回家 |
[1:08:04] | Yeah, all right. | 好的 好的 |
[1:08:05] | We stayed too long, we’ve missed the train. | 我们逗留的时间太长了 要错过火车了 |
[1:08:07] | Stay close. | 坐稳了 |
[1:09:29] | I’m sorry, I know. | 我很抱歉 我知道 |
[1:09:31] | I tried to get here earlier. | 我已经尽早赶来了 |
[1:09:32] | I tried, okay ? Don’t start. | 我尽力了 好吗 不要怪我 |
[1:09:34] | I know, | 我知道 |
[1:09:36] | it’s just incredibly important because it’s your party. | 因为那是关系到你宴会的事情所以特别重要 |
[1:09:39] | Julia, how have you been doing ? | 茱莉亚 你最近怎么样啊 |
[1:09:42] | I’m fine. | 挺好的 |
[1:09:44] | Come here. | 过来 |
[1:09:45] | What have you been doing ? | 你最近在忙些什么呢 |
[1:09:48] | Well, studying, Mom. | 额 学习 妈妈 |
[1:09:54] | Um… | 额 |
[1:09:55] | So, what should I do ? Chairs ? | 所以 我要做什么呢 搬椅子吗 |
[1:09:58] | No. Let’s clear off the desk first. | 不 先把桌子清理了 |
[1:10:00] | You can take it into the bedroom. | 把这些搬到卧室里去 |
[1:10:03] | I bumped into Louis Waters. | 我刚碰到路易斯·沃特斯了 |
[1:10:06] | Oh, you did ? | 噢 是吗 |
[1:10:07] | Where ? | 在哪里碰到他的 |
[1:10:08] | In the street. | 街上啊 |
[1:10:12] | They’re all here, aren’t they ? | 他们都在这里 是吗 |
[1:10:13] | All the ghosts. | 所有的鬼魂 |
[1:10:15] | All of the ghosts are assembling for the party. | 所有的鬼魂为了这个宴会都聚集在一起 |
[1:10:18] | He’s so weird. | 他太反常了 |
[1:10:21] | Oh, what ? | 噢 什么 |
[1:10:23] | You can’t see that ? | 你看不出来吗 |
[1:10:25] | You can’t see that Louis Waters is weird ? | 你竟然看不出来路易斯·沃特斯很反常吗 |
[1:10:30] | I can see that he’s sad. | 我只能看出来他很难过 |
[1:10:32] | Well… all your friends are sad. | 好吧 你所有的朋友都很难过 |
[1:10:38] | You’ve been crying. What’s happening ? | 你在哭 发生了什么 |
[1:10:44] | All it is, I looked around this room, | 就只是 我看着这个房间 |
[1:10:46] | and I thought, I’m giving a party. | 然后我就想 我在筹备一场宴会 |
[1:10:49] | All I want to do is give a party. | 我就想举办一场宴会而已 |
[1:10:51] | And ? | 然后呢 |
[1:10:53] | I know why he does it ; he does it deliberately. | 我知道他为什么那么做 他是故意的 |
[1:10:56] | Oh, is this Richard ? | 噢 你说的是理查德吗 |
[1:10:58] | Of course. | 是他 |
[1:11:00] | He did it this morning. | 就在今早 |
[1:11:02] | He gives me that look. | 他用那种眼神看着我 |
[1:11:04] | What look ? | 什么眼神 |
[1:11:06] | To say… | 他说 |
[1:11:09] | Your life is… trivial. | 你的人生是微不足道的 |
[1:11:13] | You are so trivial. | 而你也是无关紧要的 |
[1:11:16] | Just… | 都不过是 |
[1:11:19] | daily stuff, you know. | 琐事而已 你懂的 |
[1:11:20] | Schedules and parties and… details. | 规划 派对 还有 细节都是无足轻重的 |
[1:11:23] | That’s what he means… by it, that is what he’s saying. | 那就是他说的 他就是那个意思 |
[1:11:26] | Mom, it only matters if you think it’s true. | 妈 你不这么想这就无所谓了啊 |
[1:11:30] | Well ? | 是吗 |
[1:11:32] | Do you ? Tell me. | 你觉得他说的对吗 告诉我 |
[1:11:36] | When I’m with him, I feel… | 当我和他在一起时 我觉得 |
[1:11:42] | Yes, I am living. | 嗯 我是真正活着的 |
[1:11:46] | And when I’m not with him… | 当我和他不在一起时 |
[1:11:50] | Yes, everything does seem sort of s… | 嗯 所有的事情都变得那么的 |
[1:11:52] | …silly. | 荒谬 |
[1:12:00] | I don’t mean with you. | 我这么说不是针对你 |
[1:12:01] | Oh, I… | 噢 我 |
[1:12:03] | God. Jesus. | 天啊 |
[1:12:07] | Never with you. | 绝不是针对你说的 |
[1:12:09] | It’s all the rest of it. | 是指别的 |
[1:12:15] | Sally ? | 是萨莉吗 |
[1:12:17] | The rest of it. | 别的事 |
[1:12:23] | False comfort. | 都是些自我安慰罢了 |
[1:12:26] | Because ? | 理由呢 |
[1:12:28] | If you say to me, When were you happiest ? | 如果你问我 哪段是我最快乐的时光 |
[1:12:30] | Mom… | 妈 |
[1:12:31] | Tell me the moment you were happiest. | 告诉我你最快乐的时刻 |
[1:12:34] | I know, I know, it was years ago. | 我知道 我知道 那是好多年前了 |
[1:12:37] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:12:40] | All you’re saying is… you were once young. | 你不过就是想说你曾年轻过 |
[1:12:50] | I remember one morning… | 我记得 有一天早上 |
[1:12:53] | getting up at dawn, | 我天一亮就醒了 |
[1:12:55] | there was such a sense of possibility. | 感受着世间充满了无数的可能 |
[1:12:59] | You know ? That feeling ? | 你能明白那种感觉吗 |
[1:13:01] | Hmm ? | 嗯 |
[1:13:02] | And I remember thinking to myself, | 我还记得当时自己是怎么想的 |
[1:13:04] | So, this is the beginning of happiness. | 这是幸福的开始 |
[1:13:07] | This is where it starts. | 这就是幸福萌芽的地方 |
[1:13:09] | And, of course, there will always be more. | 以后会更加幸福的 |
[1:13:15] | It never occurred to me | 我从来没有想过 |
[1:13:18] | it wasn’t the beginning. | 那不是个开始 |
[1:13:22] | It was happiness. | 那就是幸福 |
[1:13:26] | It was the moment… | 就在那一刻 |
[1:13:31] | right then. | 就在那时 |
[1:14:55] | Ah, Nelly, good evening. I was wondering | 啊 娜莉 晚上好啊 我想问 |
[1:14:57] | if you’d seen Mrs. Woolf. | 你见到伍尔夫太太了吗 |
[1:14:58] | I thought you knew, sir. | 你以为你知道 先生 |
[1:15:00] | Mrs. Woolf has gone out. | 伍尔夫太太出去了 |
[1:15:37] | Excuse me ! Excuse me ! | 抱歉 抱歉 |
[1:16:04] | Mr. Woolf, what an unexpected pleasure. | 伍尔夫先生 真是惊喜啊 |
[1:16:07] | Perhaps you could tell me | 你能不能告诉我 |
[1:16:08] | exactly what you think you’re doing ? | 你到底在干什么 |
[1:16:10] | What I was doing ? | 我在干什么 |
[1:16:12] | I went to look for you, and you weren’t there. | 我到处找你都找不到 |
[1:16:13] | You were working in the garden. I didn’t wish to disturb you. | 你刚刚在花园里忙着 我不想打扰你 |
[1:16:16] | You disturb me when you disappear. | 可你失踪了我会很担心啊 |
[1:16:17] | I didn’t disappear. | 我没有失踪 |
[1:16:20] | I went for a walk. | 我只是出去走走 |
[1:16:21] | A walk ?! Is that all ? | 就出去走走吗 就这么简单吗 |
[1:16:23] | Just a walk ? | 就只是散个步 |
[1:16:26] | Virginia, we must go home now. Nelly’s cooking dinner. | 弗吉尼亚 我们现在必须得回家了 内丽做了晚饭 |
[1:16:28] | She’s already had a very difficult day. | 她已经累了一天了 |
[1:16:31] | It’s just our obligation to eat Nelly’s dinner. | 我们必须要回去吃她做的晚饭 |
[1:16:33] | There is no such obligation. | 没有这种必须 |
[1:16:35] | No such obligation exists. | 根本没有这种义务 |
[1:16:37] | Virginia, | 弗吉尼亚 |
[1:16:38] | you have an obligation to your own sanity. | 你必须理智一点 |
[1:16:40] | I have endured this custody ! | 我受够了这种监护 |
[1:16:42] | I have endured this imprisonment. | 我受够了这种监禁 |
[1:16:44] | Oh, Virginia ! | 噢 弗吉尼亚 |
[1:16:46] | I am attended by doctors, everywhere. | 我无论走到哪里都有医生在 |
[1:16:48] | I am attended by doctors | 我整天被那些医生包围着 |
[1:16:50] | who inform me of my own interests ! | 一个劲的告诉我什么是对我好的 |
[1:16:53] | They know your interests. | 他们知道什么是有益于你的 |
[1:16:54] | They do not ! | 他们不知道 |
[1:16:55] | They do not speak for my interests. | 他们不了解什么才是真正对我好的 |
[1:16:57] | Virginia, I can… | 弗吉尼亚 我可以 |
[1:16:58] | I can see that it must be hard for a woman of your… | 我可以理解 承受这些是不易的 尤其是像你这样 |
[1:17:00] | – Of what ? Of my what, exactly ? – Uh, your… | -怎样 我到底是怎样 -额 你 |
[1:17:02] | your talents to see | 像你这样有才华女人 |
[1:17:03] | that she may not be the best judge | 不能替自己做主 |
[1:17:05] | of her own condition ! | 一定是很痛苦的 |
[1:17:06] | Who, then, is a better judge ? | 所以呢 谁才能做主呢 |
[1:17:08] | You have a history ! | 你有过病史 |
[1:17:11] | You have a history of confinement. | 你曾住过疗养院 |
[1:17:13] | We brought you to Richmond | 我们把你带到里士满 |
[1:17:15] | because you have a history of fits, moods, blackouts, | 是因为你曾发过疯 情绪失控 意识混乱 |
[1:17:18] | hearing voices. | 幻听 |
[1:17:19] | We brought you here | 我们把你带到这里来 |
[1:17:21] | to save you from the irrevocable damage | 是为了救你 |
[1:17:22] | you intended upon yourself. | 是为了让你不再伤害自己 |
[1:17:26] | You’ve tried to kill yourself twice ! | 你曾自杀过两次啊 |
[1:17:32] | I live daily with that threat. | 我每日都为此提心吊胆 |
[1:17:33] | I set up the press… we set up the printing press | 我开印刷场 我们开的印刷厂 |
[1:17:36] | not just for itself, | 不是只为了印刷书 |
[1:17:38] | not just purely for itself, but so that you might have | 不是单纯地为了印刷 还是为了让你能有 |
[1:17:41] | a ready source of absorption and of remedy. | 有事可做从中改善病情 |
[1:17:44] | Like needlework ? | 就像缝纫那种事吗 |
[1:17:47] | It was done for you ! | 这一切都是为了你啊 |
[1:17:49] | It was done for your betterment ! | 这都是为你好啊 |
[1:17:51] | It was done out of love ! | 这都是因为我爱你啊 |
[1:17:55] | If I didn’t know you better, I’d call this ingratitude. | 要不是了解你 我早骂你忘恩负义了 |
[1:17:59] | I am ungrateful ? | 是我忘恩负义吗 |
[1:18:01] | You call me ungrateful ? | 你竟然说我忘恩负义啊 |
[1:18:05] | My life has been stolen from me. | 我不能掌握自己的人生 |
[1:18:11] | I’m living in a town I have no wish to live in. | 我住在我不想住的镇上 |
[1:18:14] | I’m living… A life I have no wish to live. | 过着我不想过的生活 |
[1:18:23] | How did this happen ? | 怎么会这样呢 |
[1:18:38] | It is time for us to move back to London. | 我们是时候搬回伦敦住了 |
[1:18:46] | I miss London. | 我想回伦敦 |
[1:18:48] | I miss London life. | 我想念在伦敦的生活 |
[1:18:54] | This is not you speaking, Virginia. | 这不是你能决定的事情 弗吉尼亚 |
[1:18:56] | This is an aspect of your illness. | 这取决于你的病情 |
[1:18:58] | – It’s not you. – It is me. It is my voice. | -这不是你想说的 -是我 这就是我想的 |
[1:19:00] | It’s not your voice. | 这不是你的想法 |
[1:19:01] | It’s mine and mine alone. | 是我的 是我一个人的 |
[1:19:02] | This is the voice that you hear. | 这是你幻听到的声音 |
[1:19:03] | It is not ! It is mine ! | 不是的 就是我的想法 |
[1:19:06] | I’m dying in this town ! | 待在这个镇上我都快死了 |
[1:19:12] | If you were thinking clearly, Virginia, | 如果你想清楚 弗吉尼亚 |
[1:19:14] | you’d recall it was London | 你就想起来伦敦 |
[1:19:15] | that brought you low. | 才是让你生病的地方 |
[1:19:17] | If I were thinking clearly… | 如果我想清楚 |
[1:19:21] | If I were thinking clearly… | 呵 如果我想清楚 |
[1:19:23] | We brought you to Richmond to give you peace. | 我们把你带来里士满是为了给你平静的生活 |
[1:19:26] | If I were thinking clearly, Leonard, | 如果我想清楚 伦纳德 |
[1:19:29] | I would tell you that I wrestle alone in the dark, | 我会告诉你 我独自一人在深渊里 |
[1:19:33] | in the deep dark, and that only I can know, | 在深不见底的黑洞里挣扎 这些只有我自己清楚 |
[1:19:36] | only I can understand my own condition. | 只有我自己清楚我自己的状况 |
[1:19:40] | You live with the threat… you tell me… | 你和我说 你每日都提心吊胆 |
[1:19:42] | you live with the threat of my extinction. | 你每天都生活在我随时可能不在的恐惧中 |
[1:19:45] | Leonard, I live with it, | 伦纳德 我和你 |
[1:19:47] | too. | 一样 |
[1:19:52] | This is my right. | 这是我的权利 |
[1:19:55] | It is the right of every human being. | 这是人人都有的权利 |
[1:19:57] | I choose not the suffocating anesthetic of the suburbs, | 我宁愿在鳞次栉比的大都市中感受震撼 |
[1:20:00] | but the violent jolt of the capital. | 也不愿在郊区的一片宁静中麻木自己 |
[1:20:03] | That is my choice. | 这是我自己的选择 |
[1:20:04] | The meanest patient, | 病重的 |
[1:20:07] | yes, even the very lowest is allowed some say | 甚至快死的人都有权利 |
[1:20:09] | in the matter of her own prescription. | 选择自己是否继续活下去 |
[1:20:12] | Thereby she defines her humanity. | 她用这种方式表现人性 |
[1:20:23] | I wish, for your sake, Leonard, | 为了你 伦纳德 我也希望 |
[1:20:25] | I could be happy in this quietness. | 自己可以在这一片宁静中寻找到快乐 |
[1:20:31] | But if it is a choice between Richmond and death, | 但是如果非要我在留下和死亡之间选择 |
[1:20:36] | I choose death. | 我宁愿去死 |
[1:20:48] | Very well, London, then. | 好吧 那就回伦敦吧 |
[1:20:51] | We’ll go back to London. | 我们搬回伦敦去吧 |
[1:21:27] | You hungry ? | 你饿不饿 |
[1:21:34] | I’m a little hungry myself. | 我有点饿了 |
[1:21:55] | Come along. | 回家吧 |
[1:21:58] | London train on platform one ! | 去伦敦的火车在1号月台 |
[1:22:00] | This is the London train terminating at Vauxhall. | 伦敦列车的终点站是沃豪 |
[1:22:09] | You cannot find peace by avoiding life, Leonard. | 逃避生活不是寻求内心平静的方法 伦纳德 |
[1:22:21] | This is the London train ! | 这是去伦敦的列车 |
[1:22:24] | London train on platform one ! | 去伦敦的列车在1号月台 |
[1:22:43] | Mommy ! | 妈咪 |
[1:22:45] | Mommy ! | 妈咪 |
[1:22:57] | Hey. Hey, there, bug. | 嘿 嘿 这儿呢 小虫 |
[1:22:59] | Hey, what’s wrong ? | 嘿 怎么啦 |
[1:23:01] | Hi, Mrs. Latch. | 嗨 赖太太 |
[1:23:03] | Sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我来迟了 |
[1:23:04] | He’s fine. | 他挺好的 |
[1:23:05] | He’s been fine. | 他一直挺乖的 |
[1:23:06] | He’s, he’s just happy to see you. | 他就是看见你太开心了 |
[1:23:07] | Aw, it couldn’t have been that bad, could it ? Hmm ? | 啊 没有那么糟糕吧 嗯 |
[1:23:10] | So, you got it cut, then ? | 所以 你剪过头发了吗 |
[1:23:11] | Oh, yes, yes. No problem. | 噢 是的 是的 当然了 |
[1:23:13] | Looks great. | 看上去很漂亮 |
[1:23:14] | Well, they didn’t have to do very much. | 额 没有剪多少 |
[1:23:15] | Well, we had a fine time | 我们相处 |
[1:23:17] | together. | 很愉快 |
[1:23:19] | Thank you very much. | 太谢谢你了 |
[1:23:25] | So, that wasn’t too bad, was it ? | 其实没有那么糟糕 是吧 |
[1:23:29] | I wasn’t gone too long. | 我也没有离开太久 |
[1:23:31] | No, you weren’t long. | 嗯 你很快就回来了 |
[1:23:33] | That’s right. | 对 |
[1:23:37] | At one point… | 有那么一会儿 |
[1:23:40] | I don’t know. | 我不知道怎么说 |
[1:23:45] | There was a moment where I thought I might be longer. | 在某一刻我以为我会离开很久的 |
[1:23:49] | But I changed my mind. | 但是我改变了主意 |
[1:23:59] | What is it, honey ? | 怎么了 亲爱的 |
[1:24:00] | Mommy, I love you. | 妈咪 我爱你 |
[1:24:05] | I love you, too, baby. | 宝宝 我也爱你 |
[1:24:15] | What’s wrong ? | 怎么了啊 |
[1:24:21] | What ? | 怎么了 |
[1:24:29] | Don’t worry, honey, everything’s fine. | 别担心 亲爱的 没事的 |
[1:24:30] | We’re going to have a wonderful party, | 生日派对会很棒的 |
[1:24:33] | and we’ve made your daddy such a nice cake. | 我们给你爸爸做了一个很漂亮的蛋糕 |
[1:24:42] | I love you, sweetheart. | 我爱你 甜心 |
[1:24:45] | You’re my guy. | 你是我的宝贝 |
[1:25:22] | Mommy ! | 妈咪 |
[1:25:25] | Mommy ! | 妈咪 |
[1:26:21] | Richard, it’s me. I’m early. | 理查德 是我 我来早了 |
[1:26:29] | What the hell is going on ? | 你这是在干什么啊 |
[1:26:32] | Richard ! | 理查德 |
[1:26:36] | What are you doing here ? You’re early ! | 你来这儿干嘛 你来的太早了 |
[1:26:38] | Wha-What is going on here ? | 这儿发生了什么啊 |
[1:26:40] | What are you doing ? | 你在干嘛啊 |
[1:26:42] | I-I had this wonderful idea. | 我想到一个特别好的点子 |
[1:26:43] | I needed some light. I needed to let in some light ! | 我需要一些阳光 我需要让阳光照射进来 |
[1:26:47] | Richard, what are you doing ? | 理查德 你到底在干嘛 |
[1:26:49] | I had this fantastic notion. | 我想到了好主意 |
[1:26:52] | I took the Xanax and the Ritalin together. | 把镇定剂和兴奋剂混在一起服用 |
[1:26:54] | It-it never occurred to me. | 我以前从来都没想到 |
[1:26:55] | Richard… | 理查德 |
[1:26:56] | Don’t come near me ! | 别过来 |
[1:27:02] | It seemed to me I needed to let in some light. | 我似乎需要点光 |
[1:27:09] | What do you think ? I cleared away all the windows. | 你觉得怎么样啊 我把所有的窗帘都扯下来了 |
[1:27:13] | All right, Richard, do me one simple favor. | 好了 理查德 帮我个忙 |
[1:27:15] | Come. Come sit. | 过来 过来坐下 |
[1:27:16] | I don’t think I can make it to the party, Clarissa. | 我想我是去不成宴会了 克拉丽莎 |
[1:27:19] | You don’t have to go to the party. | 你可以不用去的 |
[1:27:20] | You don’t have to go to the ceremony. | 你可以不用去参加典礼的 |
[1:27:22] | You don’t have to do anything you don’t want to do. | 你不想做的事情可以不用做 |
[1:27:23] | You can do as you like. | 你可以随心所欲 |
[1:27:25] | But I still have to face the hours, don’t I ? | 但我还是得面对生命里的时时刻刻 不是吗 |
[1:27:28] | I mean, the hours after the party, | 我是说 宴会过后每一刻的孤独 |
[1:27:30] | and the hours after that… | 之后时时刻刻的寂寞 |
[1:27:32] | You do have good days still. | 你仍然可以过的很好啊 |
[1:27:35] | You know you do. | 你知道的 |
[1:27:37] | Not really. | 实则不然 |
[1:27:39] | I mean, it’s kind of you to say so, but it’s… | 你能这么说真好心 但是 |
[1:27:41] | I mean, it’s kind of you to say so, but it’s… | |
[1:27:42] | not really true. | 这不是真的 |
[1:27:52] | Are they here ? | 他们在这里吗 |
[1:27:53] | Who ? | 谁 |
[1:27:55] | The voices. | 那些幻听的声音 |
[1:27:55] | Oh, the voices are always here. | 噢 那些声音一直都在啊 |
[1:27:58] | And it’s the voices that you’re hearing now, isn’t it ? | 你现在听到的就是那些声音 是吗 |
[1:28:02] | No, no, no, no. | 不 不 不是 |
[1:28:03] | Mrs. Dalloway, it’s you. | 达洛维夫人 是你 |
[1:28:11] | I’ve stayed alive for you, | 我活着是为了你 |
[1:28:15] | but now you have to let me go. | 但你现在得放手让我走了 |
[1:28:18] | Richard, I… | 理查德 我 |
[1:28:19] | No, wait, wait, wait, wait. | 不 等等 等等 |
[1:28:20] | Wait. | 等等 |
[1:28:26] | Tell me a story. | 讲个故事给我听吧 |
[1:28:27] | What about ? | 什么故事呢 |
[1:28:29] | Tell me a story from your day. | 就说说你今天的生活 |
[1:28:33] | I, um… | 我 额 |
[1:28:34] | I-I got up… | 我早上起床 |
[1:28:35] | Yes ? | 然后呢 |
[1:28:37] | …and I went out, and, uh, I went to buy flowers, | 起身出门 额 去买了鲜花 |
[1:28:43] | Like Mrs. Dalloway, in the book, you know ? | 就像书里的达洛维夫人 你知道吗 |
[1:28:45] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[1:28:47] | And it was a beautiful morning. | 这是个很美好的早晨 |
[1:28:48] | Was it ? | 是吗 |
[1:28:49] | Yes, it was so beautiful. | 是的 特别美好 |
[1:28:51] | It was so fresh. | 非常新鲜 |
[1:28:53] | Oh, fresh, was it ? | 噢 新鲜吗 |
[1:28:55] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:28:59] | Like a… | 像 |
[1:29:01] | like a morning on the beach ? | 像沙滩的清晨吗 |
[1:29:03] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:29:04] | Like that ? | 像那样吗 |
[1:29:05] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:29:07] | Like that morning when you walked out of that old house, | 像那天清晨 你踏出那栋老房子 |
[1:29:11] | and you were, you were 18, and maybe I was 19. | 当时你才18岁 也许19岁 |
[1:29:14] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[1:29:16] | I was 19 years old, | 那时我19岁 |
[1:29:18] | and I’d never seen anything so beautiful. | 我从来没见过比那更美的景色了 |
[1:29:23] | You… | 你 |
[1:29:24] | coming out of a glass door | 清晨 |
[1:29:26] | in the early morning, still sleepy. | 你推开玻璃门 睡眼惺忪 |
[1:29:29] | Isn’t it strange ? | 感觉很奇怪是吗 |
[1:29:33] | Most ordinary morning in anybody’s life. | 对于大多数人来说只不过是个普通的早上罢了 |
[1:29:40] | I’m afraid I can’t make it to the party, Clarissa. | 我恐怕去不了宴会了 克罗丽沙 |
[1:29:43] | The party… | 宴会 |
[1:29:46] | doesn’t matter. | 无关紧要的 |
[1:29:48] | You’ve been so good to me, Mrs. Dalloway. | 一直以来你都对我那么好 达洛维夫人 |
[1:29:53] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[1:30:00] | I don’t think two people | 我想没有人 |
[1:30:02] | could’ve been happier than we’ve been. | 会比我们更幸福了 |
[1:30:12] | Oh, God, no ! | 噢 天啊 不 |
[1:30:22] | Happy birthday. | 生日快乐 |
[1:30:24] | Happy birthday, Dan. | 生日快乐 丹 |
[1:30:25] | This is perfect. | 这太完美了 |
[1:30:26] | This is just perfect. | 这一切如此完美 |
[1:30:28] | Oh, do you think so ? | 噢 你是这么想的吗 |
[1:30:30] | Do you really think so ? | 你真这么想吗 |
[1:30:31] | Why, sure. | 干嘛什么问 当然啦 |
[1:30:32] | You must’ve been working all day. | 你一定忙了一整天了 |
[1:30:34] | Well, that’s what we were doing. | 嗯 我们确实忙了一整天 |
[1:30:36] | Weren’t we, bug ? | 是吗 小虫 |
[1:30:37] | Been working all day. | 我们忙了一整天 |
[1:30:40] | This is just fantastic. | 这一切都太美好了 |
[1:30:41] | It’s what I’ve always wanted. | 这就是我一直想要的 |
[1:30:42] | Oh, Dan. | 噢 丹 |
[1:30:44] | One day, Richie, I’ll tell you. | 总有一天 理查 我会告诉你 |
[1:30:45] | I’ll tell you how it all happened. | 我会告诉你发生在我们身上的事 |
[1:30:47] | Don’t. | 别提啦 |
[1:30:49] | I want to. | 我想说 |
[1:30:50] | I want to tell him the story. | 我想把这故事说给他听 |
[1:30:53] | What happened… | 当我在打仗的时候 |
[1:30:54] | when I was in the war. | 发生了什么 |
[1:30:56] | At war, I found myself | 打仗的时候 我发现我自己 |
[1:30:58] | thinking about this girl that I had seen… | 一直在想一个在高中 |
[1:31:00] | I had never met her… | 我见过却从未 |
[1:31:02] | at high school, | 认识的姑娘 |
[1:31:03] | this… strange, | 这个 奇怪的 |
[1:31:04] | fragile-looking girl named Laura McGrath. | 娇小的姑娘 劳拉·麦格拉斯。 |
[1:31:12] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:31:13] | And she was shy… | 她很害羞 |
[1:31:15] | and she was interesting. | 还很有趣 |
[1:31:18] | And… well, your mother won’t mind if | 你妈妈不会介意 |
[1:31:20] | I tell you this, Richie. | 我告诉你这些的 理查 |
[1:31:21] | She was the sort of girl that you see | 她就是那种 |
[1:31:22] | sitting mostly on her own. | 独来独往的姑娘 |
[1:31:24] | And I’ll tell you… | 我要告诉你的是 |
[1:31:25] | sometimes, when I was in the South Pacific, | 有时候 当我在南太平洋的时候 |
[1:31:28] | the fact is | 其实 |
[1:31:29] | that I used to think | 我时常想起 |
[1:31:31] | about this girl. | 这个姑娘 |
[1:31:32] | Dan. | 丹 |
[1:31:33] | I used to think | 我时常想 |
[1:31:35] | about bringing her to a house, | 把她带回家 |
[1:31:37] | to a life. | 和她一起生活 |
[1:31:40] | Pretty much like this. | 像现在这样 |
[1:31:44] | And it was the thought of the happiness… | 是对幸福的渴求 |
[1:31:48] | the thought of this woman, | 对拥有这个女人的渴望 |
[1:31:51] | the thought of this life… | 和对这种生活的追求 |
[1:31:52] | that’s what kept me going. | 支撑着我前行 |
[1:31:55] | I had an idea of our happiness. | 我曾想过我们幸福的生活 |
[1:32:24] | Why does someone have to die ? | 为什么非要有人死呢 |
[1:32:30] | Leonard… | 伦纳德 |
[1:32:32] | In your book, you said someone had to die. | 你的小说 你说某个角色必须死 |
[1:32:33] | Hmm. | 额 |
[1:32:34] | Why ? | 为什么呢 |
[1:32:38] | Is that a stupid question ? | 我问的问题很蠢吗 |
[1:32:41] | No. | 不 |
[1:32:42] | I imagine my question is stupid. | 我想我问的问题很蠢 |
[1:32:45] | Not at all. | 不是的 |
[1:32:49] | Well ? | 那你说说看呢 |
[1:32:52] | Someone has to die | 某个角色的死亡 |
[1:32:54] | in order that the rest of us should value life more. | 是为了彰显活着的我们珍惜生命的意义 |
[1:32:59] | It’s contrast. | 这是个对比 |
[1:33:01] | And who will die ? | 那谁会死呢 |
[1:33:05] | Tell me. | 告诉我 |
[1:33:09] | The poet will die. | 诗人会死 |
[1:33:12] | The visionary. | 就是那个先知 |
[1:33:28] | What are you doing ? | 你在干嘛啊 |
[1:33:29] | I’m brushing my teeth. | 我在刷牙 |
[1:33:36] | Are you coming to bed ? | 来睡觉吗 |
[1:33:38] | Yeah, in a minute. | 嗯 马上就来 |
[1:33:42] | Come to bed, Laura Brown. | 快来睡觉 劳拉·布朗 |
[1:33:49] | I ran into Ray. | 我碰到雷了 |
[1:33:50] | He said Kitty had to go to the hospital. | 他说凯蒂要住院了 |
[1:33:54] | I know. | 我知道 |
[1:33:56] | Nothing serious. | 不是很严重 |
[1:33:57] | He said just a checkup. | 他说只是个检查 |
[1:34:00] | I’m terrified. | 我吓坏了 |
[1:34:02] | Why ? | 为什么 |
[1:34:07] | Only I knew that she could disappear. | 因为我唯一想到的是她可能会从我的生活里消失 |
[1:34:11] | Maybe you could | 也许你可以 |
[1:34:12] | go see her in the morning, honey. | 明早去看看她 亲爱的 |
[1:34:21] | I was going to. | 我会的 |
[1:34:23] | I was going to stop by. | 我会顺便去看一下 |
[1:34:25] | I’ve had a wonderful day, | 我今天过的很开心 |
[1:34:28] | and I have you to thank. | 得要谢谢你 |
[1:34:36] | Come to bed, honey. | 快来睡觉吧 亲爱的 |
[1:34:40] | I’m coming. | 马上来 |
[1:34:50] | Are you coming ? | 你好了吗 |
[1:34:53] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:35:13] | What ? | 什么 |
[1:35:18] | I was hoping you were going to bed. | 我希望你能赶快睡觉 |
[1:35:20] | I am. | 我准备睡了 |
[1:35:22] | I am going to bed. | 我马上就去睡觉 |
[1:35:26] | What, then ? | 那么 什么时候呢 |
[1:35:30] | All else is clear. | 马上好了 |
[1:35:34] | The outline of the story is planned, | 故事大纲已经写了 |
[1:35:36] | now one thing only. | 现在就剩一件事了 |
[1:35:38] | Mrs. Dalloway’s destiny must be resolved. | 达洛维夫人的命运必须有个决定 |
[1:36:21] | You’re Laura Brown. | 你是劳拉·布朗 |
[1:36:23] | Yes, I’m Richard’s mother. | 是的 我是理查德的妈妈 |
[1:36:30] | Of course. | 当然了 |
[1:36:34] | I’m Clarissa Vaughan. | 我克拉丽莎·沃恩。 |
[1:36:35] | Please come in. | 快请进 |
[1:36:46] | My friend Sally is in the kitchen, | 我的朋友萨莉和我的女儿 |
[1:36:49] | and my daughter. | 在厨房 |
[1:36:51] | I’ll take this. | 我来拿吧 |
[1:36:53] | We were having a party. | 你们在准备场宴会啊 |
[1:36:56] | We were going to have a party. | 我们本来打算办宴会的 |
[1:36:59] | I was lucky. | 我真幸运 |
[1:37:00] | I got the last plane from Toronto. | 我是搭乘多伦多最后一班飞机赶过来的 |
[1:37:02] | So, that’s the monster. | 她就是小说里的那个怪物咯 |
[1:37:06] | Hope I did the right thing. | 希望我没有做错 |
[1:37:08] | I found your number in his phone book. | 我在他的通讯录里找到你的号码 |
[1:37:10] | Yes, he had it. | 嗯 他有的 |
[1:37:15] | We didn’t speak often. | 我们不经常通话 |
[1:37:28] | It’s a terrible thing, Miss Vaughan… to outlive | 沃恩小姐 全家人只有你一个活着 |
[1:37:32] | your whole family. | 是件特别悲痛的事情 |
[1:37:37] | Richard’s father died. | 理查德的父亲去世了 |
[1:37:39] | Yes, he-he died of cancer quite young. | 他死于癌症的时候还很年轻 |
[1:37:43] | And Richard’s sister is dead. | 理查德的妹妹也去世了 |
[1:37:50] | Obviously, you… feel unworthy. | 显然 你活着但他们都死了 |
[1:37:53] | Gives you feelings of unworthiness. | 你会感觉惭愧 |
[1:37:58] | You survive and they don’t. | 这会给你一种生无可恋的愧对感 |
[1:38:05] | Have you read the poems ? | 你读过他的诗吗 |
[1:38:07] | Oh, yes. Oh… | 噢 我读过的 |
[1:38:11] | I also read the novel. | 我还读了小说 |
[1:38:21] | You see, uh, people say the novel is difficult. | 你知道的 大家都说故事生涩难懂 |
[1:38:26] | Uh… I know. | 额 我明白 |
[1:38:29] | They say that. | 他们那么说 |
[1:38:36] | I know. | 我能理解 |
[1:38:40] | He had me die in the novel. | 在那个小说里 他给我设定的结局是死亡 |
[1:38:43] | I-I-I know why he did that. | 我知道他为什么那么写 |
[1:38:50] | It hurt, of course. | 当然了 这很伤人 |
[1:38:51] | I can’t pretend it didn’t hurt, but I… | 我无法掩饰 但是 |
[1:38:54] | I know why he did it. | 我能理解他 |
[1:39:00] | You left Richard when he was a child. | 在他还是个孩子的时候 你离开了他 |
[1:39:05] | I left both my children. | 我离开了我的两个孩子 |
[1:39:09] | I abandoned them. | 我抛弃了他们 |
[1:39:18] | They say it’s the worst thing a mother can do. | 这是一个母亲做的最残忍的事 |
[1:39:34] | You have a daughter. | 你有一个女儿 |
[1:39:39] | Yes… | 是的 |
[1:39:41] | But I never met Julia’s father. | 但我从来没见过茱莉亚的父亲 |
[1:39:44] | You so wanted a child. | 你就只是想要个女儿而已 |
[1:39:48] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[1:39:51] | You’re a lucky woman. | 你真是幸运 |
[1:40:03] | There are times when you don’t belong, | 有时候 你会觉得你与世界格格不入 |
[1:40:05] | and you think you’re going to kill yourself. | 这时你就想去自杀 |
[1:40:14] | Once, I went to a hotel. | 曾有一次 我去了一家旅馆 |
[1:40:20] | Later that night, I made a plan. | 那晚 我做了一个决定 |
[1:40:24] | The plan was I would leave my family | 我决定在我生下第二个孩子以后 |
[1:40:26] | when my second child was born… | 就离开这个家 |
[1:40:30] | and that’s what I did. | 我也就这么做了 |
[1:40:33] | I got up one morning, | 一天早上我起来 |
[1:40:36] | made breakfast, | 做了早餐 |
[1:40:39] | went to the bus stop, | 去了公交车站 |
[1:40:42] | got on a bus. | 坐上公交 |
[1:40:45] | I’d left a note. | 我留了句话 |
[1:40:52] | I got a job in a library in Canada. | 在加拿大的图书馆我找到一份工作 |
[1:41:02] | It would… | 如果 |
[1:41:06] | be wonderful to say you regretted it. | 能说我后悔的话该多好 |
[1:41:10] | It would be easy. | 这样就轻松多了 |
[1:41:17] | But what does it mean ? | 但这又有什么意思呢 |
[1:41:20] | What does it mean to regret… | 当你别无选择的时候 |
[1:41:24] | when you have no choice ? | 后悔当初做的决定又有什么意思呢 |
[1:41:36] | It’s what you can bear. | 重要的是你能承受多少 |
[1:41:44] | There it is. | 就是这样 |
[1:41:46] | No one’s going to forgive me. | 没有人会原谅我 |
[1:41:54] | It was death. | 那样的生活让人窒息 |
[1:41:58] | I chose life. | 我想要真正活着 |
[1:42:58] | Time to take your coat off. | 该把外套脱啦 |
[1:43:43] | I thought you might like a cup of tea. | 我猜也许你会想喝杯茶 |
[1:43:45] | Oh my goodness. | 噢我的天啊 |
[1:43:47] | Thank you, dear. | 谢谢你 亲爱的 |
[1:43:49] | I feel like I’m stealing your room. | 感觉像我抢了你的房间一样 |
[1:43:53] | Um, we put the food away, | 额 我们把吃的收起来了 |
[1:43:54] | so, if you’re at all hungry in the night, | 所以 如果你晚上饿的话 |
[1:43:55] | just help yourself. | 自己去拿就行了 |
[1:43:57] | Oh, I will. | 好的 |
[1:43:58] | Where will you sleep ? | 你睡在哪里呢 |
[1:44:00] | Oh, the sofa. | 噢 睡在沙发上 |
[1:44:01] | Oh, oh, I’m sorry. | 噢 哦 我很抱歉 |
[1:44:11] | Good night, sweetheart. | 晚安 亲爱的 |
[1:44:14] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[1:44:35] | Dear Leonard, | 亲爱的伦纳德 |
[1:44:37] | to look life in the face… | 你要去看透生命 |
[1:44:42] | always to look life in the face, | 就一定要去直视人生 |
[1:44:48] | and to know it for what it is. | 去了解它的本质 |
[1:44:53] | At last, to know it, | 当你最终理解了它的内涵 |
[1:44:59] | to love it for what it is, | 就能去热爱它的灿烂 |
[1:45:02] | and then… | 然后 |
[1:45:06] | to put it away. | 才会将它放下 |
[1:45:12] | Leonard… | 伦纳德 |
[1:45:15] | always the years between us, | 请永远记得我们在一起的日子 |
[1:45:20] | always the years… | 永远记得那些年 |
[1:45:24] | always… the love… | 永远记得我们的爱 |
[1:45:29] | always… | 刻骨铭心 |
[1:45:32] | the hours. | 生命里的时时刻刻 |