英文名称:The Informant
年代:2009
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:29] | You know that orange juice you have every morning? | 你了解你每天早上喝的橙汁吗 |
[02:32] | You know what’s in that? | 你知道它的成分吗 |
[02:33] | Corn. | 是玉米 |
[02:35] | And you know what’s in the maple syrup on your pancakes? | 你了解你吃的薄煎饼上的糖枫汁吗 |
[02:37] | You know what makes it taste so good? | 你知道是什么让它尝起来如此美味吗 |
[02:39] | Corn. When you’re good and help with the trash | 是玉米 当你乖了想帮助解决垃圾的问题 |
[02:42] | You know what makes the big, green bags biodegradable? | 你知道是什么让大环保袋变得可降解吗 |
[02:45] | Do you? | 你知道吗 |
[02:46] | Corn. | 是玉米 |
[02:48] | Corn starch. | 玉米淀粉 |
[02:50] | But daddy’s company didn’t come up with that one. | 但爸爸的公司不提供那个 |
[02:52] | Dupont did. | 杜邦公司才那样做 |
[02:58] | Porsche or porsche? I’ve heard it both ways. | 保时捷还是保士捷 两种念法我都听过 |
[03:02] | Three years in Germany | 三年前在德国 |
[03:02] | I should know. What’s German for “corn”? | 我就应该知道 玉米用德语怎么说 |
[03:05] | The German word I really like | 我最喜欢的德语单词 |
[03:06] | Is kugelschreiber. That’s “pen.” | 是Kugelschreiber 就是钢笔 |
[03:08] | All those syllables just for “pen.” | 用那么多字母仅仅为了表达钢笔的意思 |
[03:14] | Archer Daniels Midland. | 阿彻丹尼尔斯米德兰 |
[03:17] | Most people have never heard of us. | 绝大多数人都不知道我们这公司 |
[03:18] | Chances are, | 但很有可能的是 |
[03:18] | They’ve never had a meal we’re not part of. | 他们吃的每顿饭都跟我们有关 |
[03:20] | Just read the side of the package. | 读一读包裹旁边的字吧 |
[03:22] | That’s us. | 那就是我们 |
[03:23] | Now ADM is taking the dextrose from the corn | ADM公司现在正从玉米里提取葡萄糖 |
[03:26] | And turning it into an amino acid | 然后把它变成氨基酸 |
[03:27] | Called lysine. It’s all very scientific. | 也被称为赖氨酸 非常高科技 |
[03:30] | If you’re a stockholder | 如果你是股东 |
[03:31] | All that matters is corn goes in one end | 你所要关注的就是玉米从这边进去 |
[03:33] | And profit comes out the other. | 利润从另一边出来 |
[03:35] | We have the largest lysine plant in the world. | 我们有世界上最大的赖氨酸车间 |
[03:36] | That’s where I come in. | 我就是在那儿工作的 |
[03:38] | – Hey, Kirk. – Mark. | -科克 -马克 |
[03:40] | – When are we gonna hit some balls? – Anytime. | -我们什么时候去打球 -随时都行 |
[03:42] | What do they pay Kirk? | 他们是如何付给科克工资的 |
[03:44] | What does a guy like that get? | 那样的人能得到什么 |
[03:46] | I bet he gets a hundred grand. | 我敢打赌他能拿十万美金 |
[03:47] | He’s just gonna sit behind that desk | 他就只是坐在桌子后面 |
[03:49] | And ride it into the future. | 虚晃度日 |
[03:51] | Guten morgen. | 早上好 |
[04:01] | – Morning, Mark. – Morning. | -早上好 马克 -早上好 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1720个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:334个,六级词汇:164个,GRE词汇:171个,托福词汇:243个,考研词汇:349个,专四词汇:294个,专八词汇:48个, 所有生词标注共:624个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[04:03] | They have lysine results. | 赖氨酸的检验结果出来了 |
[04:20] | Great. | 很好 |
[04:24] | We adjusted the dextrose levels again, | 我们再次调整了葡萄糖水平 |
[04:26] | But the virus keeps showing up. | 但病毒还是一直出现 |
[04:28] | I thought we had it surrounded this time. | 我想我们这次到处都是问题 |
[04:30] | We started a new set of cultures. | 我们启用了一套新的工艺 |
[04:34] | We’ll get it. We just have to stay after it. | 我们会搞明白 我们只需要在那之后停住 |
[04:37] | The things eat sugar and that’s what we’re giving them. | 病毒吃了糖 我们给的糖 |
[04:39] | A warm place filled with sugar. | 有糖 又温暖 简直就是病毒的天堂 |
[04:44] | The fucking thing is supposed to | 那些该死的东西应该 |
[04:46] | Produce 113,000 tons annually. | 每年产生113,000吨 |
[04:49] | We’re not gonna get anywhere close to that. | 我们还远远达不到这个数量 |
[04:51] | We’ve got over $150 million in costs over there, guys. | 我们已经花了1.5亿在那上面 伙计们 |
[04:54] | Do the Japanese have these problems? | 那些日本人有这些问题吗 |
[04:57] | I don’t give a shit about the Japanese. | 我才不在乎那些日本人 |
[04:59] | You’ve gotta get the goddamn lysine bugs | 你得解决那些该死的赖氨酸问题 |
[05:01] | To eat some dextrose and shit us out some money. | 吃下那些葡萄糖就得给我们拉出钱来 |
[05:04] | We’re having problems with this virus. | 我们还有些病毒问题 |
[05:06] | I don’t want to hear about the virus. | 我不想听到病毒 这两个字 |
[05:08] | How much are we losing a month? | 我们每个月损失多少钱 |
[05:11] | We are down like seven million per. | 大概是7百万 |
[05:15] | That’s not gonna fly much longer. | 我们撑不了多久了 |
[05:18] | You want to go there in next month tell my father. | 你想下个月去告诉我父亲 |
[05:20] | We’re sucking the hind tit on this? | 这个项目 我们只能吃别人的剩菜了? |
[05:22] | I sure don’t. | 我是不会去的 |
[05:24] | We’re number 44 on the fortune 500 list, Mark. | 财富500强中我们排在第44位 马克 |
[05:28] | I don’t want this turning us into number 45. | 我不想因为这个让我们掉到45位 |
[05:31] | Fix it. | 搞定它 |
[05:35] | Feed a chicken corn and it gets sick, | 用腐烂的玉米喂鸡 鸡会生病 |
[05:36] | Like what happened to the first settlers. | 就像发生在第一批居住者身上的事一样 |
[05:38] | 会得糙皮病 由于缺乏尼克酸 Pellagra disease. Ni会的acin deficiency. | |
[05:41] | Dermatitis, ataxia, even dementia. | 还会患皮炎 运动失调 甚至是痴呆 |
[05:44] | Feed a chicken corn and lysine and it | 用玉米和赖氨酸喂鸡 |
[05:46] | Goes from egg to supermarket fryer | 就会在六个月内通过鸡蛋 |
[05:48] | In six months instead of eight. | 到了超市的油炸锅里面 |
[05:50] | Mark? | 马克 |
[05:53] | Where are you? | 你在想什么 |
[05:57] | Hey, you look great. | 你看起来气色很好 |
[06:01] | They got the first wall of the stables up today. See that? | 他们给马厩修了第一堵墙 看到了吗 |
[06:04] | You know they’re doing a new thing in hydroponics? | 他们今天在培养液里面加了新的东西 |
[06:07] | They’re now feeding lysine to the jumbo shrimp. | 他们现在正用赖氨酸来喂大虾 |
[06:11] | Can you imagine that? | 你能想象吗 |
[06:12] | You’re a jumbo shrimp | 你是一只大虾 |
[06:13] | And one day some corn goes floating by. | 某一天玉米还会飘着走过来 |
[06:15] | What do you think about that? | 你觉得那怎么样 |
[06:18] | Weird, right? | 很怪异 对吗 |
[06:19] | There’s an opening in the plant in Mexico. | 在墨西哥有个空缺的职位 |
[06:21] | They might need me to go down and set some stuff up. | 他们可能想让我去那解决一些问题 |
[06:24] | What do you think about Mexico? | 你觉得墨西哥怎么样 |
[06:27] | I thought we were getting horses. | 我以为我们要买马了 |
[06:30] | Toro. | 公牛 |
[06:32] | That’s what Spanish bullfighters say. | 西班牙斗牛士们都是这么叫牛的 |
[06:34] | But it’s also what the Japanese call the high-end tuna sushi. | 但日本人也是这样叫高端的金枪鱼寿司的 |
[06:37] | Toro. Raw fish. | 公牛 生鱼片 |
[06:39] | Who went first on that one? | 第一个做生鱼片的人是谁 |
[06:41] | The guy without the grill. | 应该是一个没有烤炉的人 |
[06:42] | I’ve been to Tokyo. | 我去过东京 |
[06:43] | They sell little-girl underwear | 他们在自动贩卖机旁的要道上 |
[06:45] | In the vending machines right on the | 银座 或是其他什么地方 |
[06:47] | Main drag, the ginza, or whatever. | 卖小女孩的内衣裤 |
[06:49] | Guys in suits buying used girl panties. | 穿西装的男士买女孩们穿过的内裤 |
[06:52] | How is that okay? That’s not okay. | 那怎么能行 那样不行 |
[06:57] | There’s a mr. Nakawara calling | 有位麻衣先生 |
[06:58] | From the Ajinomoto corporation. | 从味之素公司打来电话 |
[07:00] | He says you know him and he needs to speak with you. | 他说你们认识 他要跟你通话 |
[07:04] | Yeah, put him through. | 好的 把他接进来 |
[07:05] | It’s the Japanese. There’s this guy, | 是那个日本人 |
[07:07] | Nakawara. He works at Ajinomoto. | 名叫麻衣 在味之素公司工作 |
[07:09] | He was here a couple weeks ago. You met him. | 几周前他来过这儿 你见过他 |
[07:11] | I’ve been talking to him sometimes at work | 我一直在跟他谈 有时是在办公室里 |
[07:13] | But sometimes from home | 但有时候也在家里 |
[07:14] | Because of the time difference. | 因为时差的原因 |
[07:16] | Mick, this guy knew everything. Everything. | 米克 这人知道所有的事情 所有事 |
[07:21] | He says to me, “hey, you know that total | 他这样跟我说 五月六月和七月 |
[07:23] | Nightmare you guys had May, June, July?” | 你们碰了不少钉子吧 |
[07:28] | “Those months when ADM was losing $7 | 那段时间ADM公司为赖氨酸生意 |
[07:30] | Million a month in the lysine business.” | 每个月损失7百万美元 |
[07:33] | Mick, I couldn’t believe it. | 米克 我无法相信 |
[07:35] | He goes on to tell me that one of our highest-paid employees | 他还告诉我 我们一个拿高薪的雇员 |
[07:38] | Is actually an employee of Ajinomoto, | 实际上是味之素的员工 |
[07:41] | Who is sabotaging the plant. | 他一直在破坏我们的车间 |
[07:44] | They’re injecting a virus into the dextrose | 他们往葡萄糖里面注入了病毒 |
[07:46] | And contaminating the whole deal. | 污染了所有的一切 |
[07:49] | That’s the problem. | 这就是问题所在 |
[07:50] | I’m telling you, Mick, it’s like rising sun. | 我告诉你 米克 就像是旭日 |
[07:53] | It’s like the Crichton novel. It’s just like that. | 就像是克莱顿的小说 就像那样 |
[07:55] | I go, “Why are you talking to me?” | 我问他 你为什么要告诉我 |
[07:57] | Know what he says? | 知道他怎么说吗 |
[07:58] | Yeah, I know what he says. | 是的 我知道他会怎么说 |
[08:01] | How much does he want? | 他想要多少 |
[08:03] | Ten million dollars. | 1千万美金 |
[08:06] | Ten million, but that gives you | 1千万 同时也会告诉我们 |
[08:09] | The identity of the saboteur | 破坏者的身份 |
[08:10] | The secret identity, and a new | 秘密的身份 还有新的 |
[08:12] | Lysine bug that is immune to the virus. | 对病毒免疫的赖氨酸 |
[08:14] | We have the plant up and running in three days. | 三天之内我们就能让车间运行起来了 |
[08:17] | How well do you know this guy? | 你很了解这个人吗 |
[08:21] | I met him when he was here. | 他来这里的时候我见过他 |
[08:23] | We’ve spoken on the phone half a dozen times. | 也在电话里谈过几次 |
[08:25] | So not very well. | 所以并不是太了解 |
[08:27] | Very well? No, I wouldn’t say that. | 我不能说我很了解 |
[08:31] | If you hear from him again, talk him down on the price. | 如果他再来电话 跟他压低价格 |
[08:35] | Find out the least amount of money he’d settle for. | 找出他能接受的价格底线 |
[08:37] | I mean, if we can get a bug that’s | 我的意思是 如果我们能够找到能抵抗 |
[08:40] | Resistant to the virus, this might be worth it. | 病毒的疫苗 大概也值了 |
[08:43] | But I want you to keep this secret. | 但一定要保密 |
[08:44] | If there is a mole, I don’t want | 如果有内鬼 我们先 |
[08:46] | Him to know that we’re on to him. | 先不要打草惊蛇 |
[08:48] | Absolutely. | 当然 |
[08:53] | This would be a great place for some outlet stores. | 这里可能是开大卖场的好位置 |
[08:55] | People would come from all over | 人们应该会从整个 |
[08:57] | Southern Illinois, probably Missouri. | 南伊利诺斯 也许还有密苏里赶来 |
[08:59] | Famous name-brand labels and appliances | 各类名牌 |
[09:01] | At savings of up to 50 percent every day. | 每天高达50%的盈利 |
[09:04] | Maybe a food court with a Mexican place. | 也可以弄条墨西哥风味的美食街 |
[09:07] | The birds eat the bugs, the cars eat | 鸟吃虫子 车子会夺去 |
[09:09] | The birds, the rust eats the cars | 鸟的生命 生锈又会毁了车子 |
[09:11] | And new construction eats the rust. | 新的建筑物又会杜绝铁锈 |
[09:14] | Corky! Alexander says there’s a bat in his room. | 柯基 亚历山大说他房间里有只蝙蝠 |
[09:22] | FBI? The FBI? | |
[09:26] | God, no. | 天哪 不 |
[09:28] | I thought you wanted me to talk him | 我还以为你想让我跟他谈 |
[09:30] | Down on the price. And I was doing it. | 降价的事 我正在办 |
[09:33] | We’re not gonna sit back | 我们是不会坐以待毙 |
[09:34] | And let the Japanese fuck us sideways. | 让那个日本人牵着鼻子走的 |
[09:36] | I don’t understand. We weren’t gonna | 我无法理解 我们只是 |
[09:38] | Mention it and now he’s in on it? | 提了一下 他就参与进来了? |
[09:39] | Of course he’s in on it. If there’s a mole, | 他当然要参与进来 如果有内鬼 |
[09:42] | It’s a security issue. | 这是个安全问题 |
[09:43] | I’ll be sitting in with the FBI. | 我会去旁听的 |
[09:45] | I already told you everything there is to tell. | 我已经告诉了你该说的所有事情 |
[09:48] | I mean, what is the point? | 我是说 这样做有意义吗 |
[09:49] | Mark. Calm down. All right? | 马克 冷静点 好吗 |
[09:51] | We don’t like the idea of talking | 我们也不喜欢 |
[09:53] | To the FBI any more than you do. | 和FBI谈这件事 |
[09:55] | They’re just gonna tape the guy’s calls, | 他们只是来给电话录音 |
[09:57] | Ask you a few questions. No big deal. | 问你些问题 没什么大不了的 |
[10:00] | Questions? | 问题 |
[10:04] | Jesus. | 上帝啊 |
[10:06] | Mark? | 马克 |
[10:08] | FBI? The FBI? | |
[10:10] | Why do you have to talk to the FBI? | 为什么要你跟FBI谈 |
[10:11] | It’s their plant. | 是他们的车间 |
[10:12] | Just… just let them talk to the FBI. | 就让…就让他们自己去跟FBI谈 |
[10:15] | Babe, I am really uncomfortable with this. | 宝贝 我真的不想再说这个了 |
[10:18] | There are some things that are going on here. | 这发生了一些事情 |
[10:22] | What does that mean, “things”? | 你说 事情是什么意思 |
[10:24] | It just… it means that we have to be careful. | 只是…意思是我们得小心点 |
[10:28] | Well, whatever you do, Corky, no matter what’s going on | 不管你做什么 柯基 不管发生什么事 |
[10:33] | Just be honest with them and tell them the truth, okay? | 坦诚一点 告诉他们实话 好吗 |
[10:37] | He said he wanted the money wired | 他说想让钱直接打到 |
[10:43] | Into a numbered account in Switzerland | 一个在瑞士的账户 |
[10:46] | And then also in the Caribbean. | 还有一个在加勒比海 |
[10:52] | Uh… and when did you last have contact with him? | 你上次跟他联系是什么时候 |
[10:58] | Two days ago. | 两天前 |
[11:01] | But I think he’s getting suspicious. | 但我觉得他已经起了疑心 |
[11:05] | I’ve been dragging this thing along. | 我把这件事拖太久了 |
[11:08] | I think if we don’t make a move | 我觉得要是我们再不进一步 |
[11:10] | I mean, he could already have backed down here. | 我的意思是 他可能已经把内鬼告诉我们了 |
[11:14] | And these calls, they’ve been coming in on your home line? | 这几个电话 是打到你家里吗 |
[11:20] | Well, I have an ADM line at my house. | 我家有条ADM的专线 |
[11:22] | It’s a business line. | 是用来谈工作的 |
[11:25] | They’ve been coming in on the business line. | 都是通过这条工作专线打进来的 |
[11:29] | Well, I think we should start with | 我想我们应该 |
[11:32] | Putting a recording device on your phone. | 从在你的电话里面安录音装置开始 |
[11:36] | There’s a sale at Bachrach’s. | 巴克拉克店最近在减价 |
[11:37] | They have those Oscar De La Renta ties that nobody buys. | 卖得是没人买的奥斯卡・德拉伦塔牌的领带 |
[11:40] | What are they, two for one for another week? | 什么领带呢 一人一周戴两条吗 |
[11:42] | Diagonal bands of color hanging around your neck. | 只不过是脖子上的斜纹带子 |
[11:46] | They never put the nice brioni ties on sale. | 他们从来不减价卖漂亮的布里奥尼领带 |
[11:48] | I should just get all my ties in paris | 我所有的领带都应该在巴黎买 |
[11:50] | Wear them once or twice | 一周戴一两次 |
[11:51] | And shove them in a duty-free bag. | 再把它们塞进免税的包里 |
[11:53] | Nobody gets stopped at customs for ties. | 海关不会因为领带多不让你过关 |
[11:55] | I can help with that. | 这种情况我也能帮上忙 |
[11:59] | So… | 所以 |
[12:01] | …that’s it, then. | 那就这样吧 |
[12:03] | I can go? | 我能走了吗 |
[12:06] | Listen. Why don’t…? | 听着 为什么不 |
[12:11] | I’d like to come out tomorrow, get on that phone. | 我想明天就过来 完成电话的事 |
[12:14] | Great. No problem. | 好的 没问题 |
[12:18] | – Thank you for your time. – Thank you. | -谢谢你的时间 -谢谢 |
[12:44] | You told the truth, Mark. | 你应该说出真相 马克 |
[12:46] | That’s all you can do. | 这是你能做的 |
[12:49] | I never even had the chance. | 我甚至没有机会 |
[12:53] | They were watching me the whole time. | 他们一直在监视我 |
[12:58] | Cheviron was in the room. | 切夫伦也在 |
[13:10] | Mick Andreas gets the vice president | 米克・安德里亚斯认了美国的副总统 |
[13:12] | Of the United States as his godfather. | 当他的教父 |
[13:14] | He goes to Richard Nixon’s house for thanksgiving. | 他还去理查德・尼克松的家过感恩节 |
[13:17] | It’s not like his parents died in a car accident | 事实是他的父母并没有死于车祸 |
[13:20] | And he ended up in an orphanage. | 他也没成了孤儿 |
[13:22] | Mick’s dad wrote a check to the Nixon campaign. | 米克的爸爸为尼克松的竞选开了张支票 |
[13:24] | It wound up in the account of the watergate burglars. | 记在了水门事件的账上 |
[13:27] | Did he admit it? I don’t think so. | 他会承认这个吗 我不觉得 |
[13:29] | Besides, ADM probably owns the FBI. | 而且 ADM还有可能控制了FBI |
[13:31] | They probably wanted me to move into Dwayne’s old house | 也许他们想我搬进德维恩的老房子 |
[13:34] | Because they got it wired like in a Crichton novel. | 因为他们已经像克莱顿的小说那样布置好了 |
[13:37] | Marty Allison called. | 马蒂・安丽森来过电话 |
[13:40] | And Sid Hulse wants to know if you can | 还有希德・赫尔斯想知道你们的 |
[13:42] | Have dinner at 7:00 instead of 7:30. | 晚餐时间能否从7:00改为7:30 |
[13:54] | Great earrings, Ginger. | 很漂亮的耳环 金吉尔 |
[13:55] | Bet you can see those shining from space. | 我敢打赌从太空中也能看到它们的闪光 |
[13:58] | Mark got them abroad. | 马克从国外买回来的 |
[14:01] | I can’t remember where. | 我不记得是哪里买的了 |
[14:03] | Nigeria? | 是尼日利亚吗 |
[14:05] | Not funny, Sid. | 不好笑 希德 |
[14:07] | You’re telling me. | 那你告诉我 |
[14:10] | So, Sid, you’re off tomorrow? | 希德 你明天要出差吗 |
[14:13] | Where to? | 去哪 |
[14:15] | West coast swing. | 西海岸 |
[14:17] | Gotta get up there. Kick some Japanese butt. | 得去那筹备一下 揍几个日本人 |
[14:22] | I’m not gonna see you for weeks? | 我们会有几周见不到吗 |
[14:23] | Maybe longer if I get lost in the Ginza. | 也许会更久 如果我在银座迷路的话 |
[14:27] | Have a great trip, Sid. | 旅途愉快 希德 |
[14:33] | Just tell them everything. | 告诉他们一切吧 |
[14:35] | We’ll leave. | 然后我们就离开 |
[14:38] | I don’t like what this company is doing to you. | 我不喜欢公司对你做的事 |
[14:41] | This is a chance to start somewhere new. | 这是个重新开始的机会 |
[14:44] | Remember, you said Mexico? | 还记得吗 你说的墨西哥 |
[14:47] | I may tell them at some point. But now, | 或许某个时候我会告诉他们的 但现在 |
[14:50] | I gotta toe the company line here. | 我得按公司的意思做 |
[14:53] | Mark | 马克 |
[14:55] | If you don’t tell them, I will. | 如果你不介意的话 我来说吧 |
[14:59] | I can’t. | 我不能 |
[15:02] | Not now. | 不是现在 |
[15:12] | Hello. Please. | 你好 请进 |
[15:16] | Agent Shepard, my wife, Ginger. | 谢帕德特工 这是我妻子 金吉尔 |
[15:19] | Ma’am. I know it’s late. | 女士 我知道现在很晚了 |
[15:22] | I’ll be out of your hair in a minute. | 我马上就说完 |
[15:24] | Great. Maybe a cup of coffee for Agent Shepard? | 好的 给谢帕德特工来杯咖啡吧 |
[15:28] | Okay. | 好的 |
[15:30] | Just show me where the line in question | 给我看下我们讨论过的线路在哪吧 |
[15:33] | It’s that one over there. | 那边那个 |
[15:35] | There should be a tv show about a | 曾经有过一个电视剧 |
[15:36] | Guy who calls home and he’s there. | 讲述一个人打电话回家 其实他就在家里 |
[15:38] | He answers, he’s talking to himself, only it’s someone else. | 他接起电话 跟自己讲话 |
[15:41] | He’s somehow divided into two and | 然后一分为二 |
[15:43] | The second one of him drives away. | 第二个他开车离去 |
[15:45] | The show is about him trying to find the guy. | 电视节目就是讲他试图找到另一个他 |
[15:47] | I’ll give you a call tomorrow. We can test it out. | 我明天给你电话 那时我们再来测试一下 |
[15:50] | Great. Great. Okay. Thank you for coming by. | 好的 好的 谢谢你过来 |
[15:53] | – Good night. – Night. | -晚安 -晚安 |
[15:54] | Good night, mrs. Whitacre. | 晚安 维塔科尔夫人 |
[15:56] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[16:02] | – Are you gonna say something, or am I? – Don’t. | -是你去说 还是我说 -不要 |
[16:08] | Brian? | 布莱恩 |
[16:11] | Hey, got a minute? | 有时间吗 |
[16:22] | Can I talk to you in the car? | 我能跟你上车谈吗 |
[16:25] | Sure. | 当然 |
[16:39] | We could go back inside if you want. | 如果你想的话我们可以回屋谈 |
[16:43] | They might have it bugged. | 他们可能已经装了窃听器了 |
[16:45] | We’re safer out here. | 我们在这儿很安全 |
[16:46] | Bugged? What? Who? Us? | 窃听器 什么 谁 我们 |
[16:56] | All right, there’s things I know. | 是的 我知道有些事 |
[16:57] | If I decide to tell you | 如果我决定告诉你 |
[16:59] | could I be prosecuted? | 我会被起诉吗 |
[17:00] | I cannot provide you with immunity, but any information | 我不能保证你会无罪 如果有任何消息 |
[17:03] | About your involvement in criminal activity | 表明你卷入了犯罪活动 |
[17:06] | Would be discussed in a favorable | 美国律师事务所会用 |
[17:08] | Light with the U.S. attorney’s office. | 一种良好的氛围来讨论此事 |
[17:13] | Okay. Everything I told you yesterday | 好的 我昨天告诉你的所有事情 |
[17:15] | About Nakawara was true. Absolutely. | 关于麻衣的事情是真的 绝对是 |
[17:18] | Except one thing. He never called me on my business line. | 除了一点 他从未打过我的公司的电话 |
[17:22] | Well, why did you tell me that he did? | 那为什么你要说他打过 |
[17:25] | Before I spoke with you yesterday, | 在昨天我跟你谈之前 |
[17:27] | I was coached by the guys at ADM | ADM公司的人要我 |
[17:29] | To tell you that he called on my | 告诉你他打得是我的 |
[17:31] | Business line, not my home line. | 公司电话 而不是我家里的电话 |
[17:33] | Why? | 为什么 |
[17:36] | What I’m about to tell you, it involves something very large. | 我将要告诉你的事 牵扯巨大 |
[17:40] | This Nakawara extortion thing is nothing | 麻衣敲诈的事不算什么事 |
[17:42] | Compared to it, nothing at all. | 跟那个比起来 根本不值一提 |
[17:47] | This involves price fixing in the lysine business. | 这关系到赖氨酸的定价问题 |
[17:51] | – Now – Wait, hang on. | -现在 -等等 停会儿 |
[17:59] | Take some notes. | 做笔记 |
[18:03] | – Okay, go on. – Price fixing in the lysine business. | -好的 继续 -赖氨酸的定价问题 |
[18:07] | I have been in several meetings with | 在过去几个月里 |
[18:09] | Our Japanese and Korean competitors | 我参加了几次会议 |
[18:11] | Over the last few months, where the | 跟我们的日本和韩国竞争者之间的会议 |
[18:13] | Sole purpose was to fix the prices. | 会议的唯一目的就是确定价格 |
[18:15] | ADM made me go to those meetings. | ADM公司让我参加这些会议 |
[18:17] | See, that’s why they wanted me to lie. | 明白了吗 这就是他们让我撒谎的原因 |
[18:19] | Because the Nakawara calls came in on my home line | 因为麻衣打的是我家里的电话 |
[18:22] | But so do the calls from the people | 其他跟我们讨论定价问题的人 |
[18:24] | We’re fixing prices with. | 也是打的我家里电话 |
[18:25] | They don’t want you to hear those conversations. | 他们不想让你听见那些谈话 |
[18:27] | So they instructed me to tell you the | 所以他们命令我告诉你 |
[18:29] | Nakawara calls came in on my ADM line. | 麻衣给我ADM那条电话线打电话 |
[18:31] | But see I realized that once you guys started | 但是 我意识到一旦你们 |
[18:33] | digging around in the records… | 仔细调查电话记录 |
[18:34] | …you’d see I have all these calls to Japan. | 你们就会发现我往日本打的这些电话 |
[18:37] | Right? That’s what scared me. Nobody’s got more calls than me. | 对吧 这使我很害怕 没人比我电话更多了 |
[18:40] | So if you figure out the price-fixing thing, | 所以如果你们发现定价的事情 |
[18:43] | I’d be the fall guy. | 我第一个完蛋 |
[18:44] | Who told you to participate in these price-fixing talks? | 谁让你去参加这些定价的谈话的 |
[18:52] | I’m operating under the direction of Mick and Dwayne Andreas. | 我受命于米克和德维恩・安德里亚斯 |
[19:02] | He seems like a real good guy. | 他看起来是一个真正的好人 |
[19:04] | I hope he doesn’t mind me calling | 我希望他不会介意 |
[19:06] | him Brian instead of agent Shepard. | 我叫他布莱恩而不是谢帕德特工 |
[19:08] | I might even try Bri out. | 我差点都想称呼他布莱了 |
[19:09] | This must be very different for him… | 对他来说跟我这样的人谈话… |
[19:12] | …talking to a guy like me instead | 一定同跟银行抢劫犯或者 |
[19:13] | of a bank robber or a drug dealer. | 毒品贩子很不一样 |
[19:16] | I could see us fishing or whatever. | 我都能预想到我们一起钓鱼什么的 |
[19:19] | What a good listener. | 多好的一个倾听者啊 |
[19:21] | You don’t meet one of those every day. | 这可不是每天都能遇到的 |
[19:27] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[19:48] | What happened last night? | 昨天晚上发生了什么 |
[19:50] | What do you mean? Nothing. Well, they put a… | 你什么意思 没什么 他们装了一个… |
[19:53] | …recorder on the phone. | 录音机在电话上 |
[19:57] | That’s it? | 就这些吗 |
[19:58] | Well, yeah. | 是啊 |
[20:01] | He said when Nakawara calls… | 他说麻衣来电话时 |
[20:03] | …I just flip a switch and record the conversation. | 我就按下开关录下谈话内容 |
[20:10] | Yeah? | 是我 |
[20:12] | – Oh. Put her through. – Make sure you do it. | -接进来 -确保你这么做了 |
[20:14] | They have ways of checking up. | 他们有很多方法查出来 |
[20:16] | Sure thing. | 一定的 |
[20:18] | Hi, hon.. | 你好 亲爱… |
[20:20] | What? | 什么 |
[20:23] | Slow down, honey, slow… | 慢点说 亲爱的 慢… |
[20:25] | What? | 什么 |
[20:36] | A pound of bacon, a peanut butter sandwich, | 一磅熏猪肉 一个花生黄油三明治 |
[20:39] | some vitamins. | 一些维他命片 |
[20:42] | Anything that ADM has a hand in, it’s all fixed. | 只要ADM公司经手的东西 都经过操纵 |
[20:45] | That’s what he’s telling me. | 这就是他告诉我的 |
[20:47] | I mean, basically… | 我意思是 基本上 |
[20:49] | I mean, everyone in this country | 我意思是 这个国家的每个人 |
[20:51] | is a victim of corporate crime… | 在他们吃完早餐后… |
[20:53] | …by the time they finish breakfast. | 都成为了公司犯罪的受害者 |
[20:56] | You think the automobile companies can’t make a car… | 你认为汽车工厂明天造不出出一辆 |
[20:58] | …tomorrow that gets 100 miles to the gallon? | 用一加仑汽油跑100公里的汽车吗 |
[21:00] | You think the TV networks don’t know | 你认为在赛季到来之前 |
[21:02] | who’ll win the worid series… | 电视网络不会知道 |
[21:03] | …before the season starts? | 谁会赢得比赛冠军吗 |
[21:04] | Paranoid is what people who are trying to take advantage… | 偏执狂就是人们为了 |
[21:07] | …call you to get you to drop your guard. | 让你放松警惕时对你的称呼 |
[21:10] | I read that in an in-flight magazine. | 我在飞行杂志中看到这句话 |
[21:12] | One potential problem I see moving | 我认为ADM公司中一个 |
[21:15] | ahead with ADM is this guy Cheviron. | 潜在的问题就是切夫伦这个人 |
[21:17] | He wants to be kept in on the loop | 他想要知道 |
[21:20] | on everything that we’re doing. | 我们做的所有事情 |
[21:27] | I want to meet Mark Whitacre. | 我想见马克・维塔科尔 |
[21:30] | You said they were only gonna tap one line. One line. | 你说过他们只监听一条电话线路 一条 |
[21:35] | – They are only monitoring one line. – That is not true. | -他们确实只监听一条线 -事实却不是这样 |
[21:38] | That is absolutely not true. I just | 这绝对不是真的 我刚刚 |
[21:40] | got off the phone with my wife. | 跟我妻子通过电话 |
[21:42] | Some woman named Regina at the phone company called her… | 一个叫瑞加娜的女人给她打电话 |
[21:45] | …and said that both my lines are tapped. | 说我家的两个电话全被监听了 |
[21:47] | My home phone. | 我的家庭电话 |
[21:49] | Come on. But the phone company doesn’t call people and say, | 得了吧 电话公司不可能会给你打电话说 |
[21:51] | “Hello, we just wanted to let you know” | “你好 我们只是想让你知道” |
[21:53] | “that the fbi is tapping your phone lines.” | “FBI监听了你的电话” |
[21:56] | Then why would Regina say that? | 那么为什么瑞加娜那么说呢 |
[21:58] | She didn’t say it. You’re saying it. | 她没有这么说 是你在这么说 |
[22:02] | Call my wife. | 给我妻子打电话 |
[22:04] | – Call Regina. – Fine. Mark. | -给瑞加娜打点话 -好的 马克 |
[22:07] | I will. All right? I will. | 我会打的 好吗 我会打的 |
[22:10] | Good. | 很好 |
[22:18] | I don’t like wool on skin. | 我不喜欢毛料的衣服 |
[22:19] | Not even that Merino wool | 甚至连芝加哥马歇尔・弗尔德百货商场的 |
[22:21] | they have at Marshall Field in Chicago. | 美利奴羊毛也不喜欢 |
[22:23] | Ginger likes it because it’s formfitting, | 金吉尔喜欢因为它很合身 |
[22:24] | but she likes avocados. | 但是她还喜欢鳄梨 |
[22:26] | And who wants that texture in their mouth? | 谁会想要这样的口感呢 |
[22:28] | Who’d make up someone named Regina? | 谁编出的叫瑞加娜这个人 |
[22:30] | It’s the capital of Saskatchewan. | 这也是萨斯喀彻温省的首府的名字 |
[22:40] | FBI, Shepard. | FBI 谢帕德 |
[22:41] | Hello, Brian. It’s Mark Cheviron at ADM. | 你好 布莱恩 我是ADM公司的马克 切夫伦 |
[22:44] | Yeah, Mark. | 是啊 马克 |
[22:45] | I was talking to you guys a couple | 我想跟你谈谈几天前 |
[22:47] | days ago about which of the lines… | 你们在马克・维塔科尔家 |
[22:49] | …at Mark Whitacre’s house you would be monitoring… | 监听的电话线的事 |
[22:52] | …and we had agreed it would only be the business line… | 我们只同意了在工作线路上安装窃听器 |
[22:55] | …so that’s all you did, right? | 你们是这么做的 对吧 |
[22:58] | I really can’t answer that. | 我真的不能回答你这个问题 |
[23:02] | Uh… okay. | 好的 |
[23:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[23:17] | We have decided we will no longer be | 我们决定了不再 |
[23:19] | cooperating with any further FBI requests. | 配合任何FBI的请求 |
[23:22] | I knew it. I knew it. | 我就知道 我就知道 |
[23:24] | I told you and you wouldn’t listen. You said, | 我告诉过你 你就是不听 你说的 |
[23:26] | “Just the office line, Mark.” | “只是工作线路 马克” |
[23:29] | Evidently, they were lying to us too. | 显然 他们也在对我们撒谎 |
[23:31] | Well, evidently, you can’t keep track of what the FBI’s doing. | 显然 你们不知道FBI在做什么 |
[23:37] | Yeah? | 是我 |
[23:39] | The call you were expecting, Mark? | 这是你等的电话 马克 |
[23:41] | Well, put him through. | 给他接进来 |
[23:43] | It’s a Swedish deal I’m working on. | 这是我正忙着的瑞典那笔生意 |
[23:46] | – Mark Whitacre. – Hey, Mark, it’s Brian Shepard. | -马克・维塔科尔 -你好 马克 我是布莱恩・谢帕德 |
[23:49] | I told Shepard we’re done working with him now. | 我告诉谢帕德了 我们不再配合他了 |
[23:52] | Hi. So good to hear from you. | 你好 很高兴接你的电话 |
[23:54] | Listen. I want to bring my supervisor by to meet you. | 我想要让你跟我的上级见面 |
[23:58] | This weekend be okay? | 这周末可以吗 |
[24:00] | Well, great. | 很好 |
[24:02] | Well… So Mr. Andreas is in my office right now. | 安德里亚斯先生正在我的办公室 |
[24:06] | – Okay. – So I’ll talk to you later. | -好的 -我一会儿再跟你谈 |
[24:08] | – Okay. – Good. | -好的 -很好 |
[24:09] | What do I do if this Shepard guy calls? | 如果谢帕德给我打电话怎么办 |
[24:12] | You let me know about it, and I’ll tell my dad. | 你让我知道 然后我会告诉我的爸爸 |
[24:14] | But you’re done talking to them. | 但是你不要再跟他谈别的了 |
[24:18] | Absolutely. | 一定 |
[24:23] | Okay, guys, I’m gonna go over the rules. | 好了 伙计们 我再说一遍规则 |
[24:26] | There’s no running, no pushing, | 不可以跑 不可以推 |
[24:28] | no horseplay by the pool. | 不可以在游泳池边打闹 |
[24:30] | And when you have fished all the leaves out… | 你们扫完落叶以后 |
[24:33] | …you go into the garage and get the cover for the pool. | 你们到车库里去拿游泳池的遮布 |
[24:37] | And I’m gonna go get your dad when he’s done… | 你爸爸弄完之后我就去接他 |
[24:40] | …and he’s gonna come and do an inspection. | 然后他会回来检查的 |
[24:42] | – What was that, honey? -You already told us this. | -那是什么 亲爱的 -你已经跟我们说过了 |
[24:45] | Honey, well, I’m going over it again. | 亲爱的 那我就再说一遍 |
[24:51] | Now, what is the scoop with all my phones being tapped? | 现在 为什么我的电话都被监听了 |
[24:54] | The only listening device was the recorder, Mark. | 唯一的监听装置就是那个录音机 马克 |
[24:57] | We had a trap-and-trace device on your home line, | 我们在你的家庭线上有一个跟踪装置 |
[25:01] | but we can’t listen in on that. | 但是我们那条线上听不到 |
[25:04] | However, the phone company calling your wife… | 然而 电话公司给你妻子打电话 |
[25:06] | …and telling her about our intel gathering… | 告诉了她我们收集情报这件事 |
[25:08] | Well, my face is red on that one. | 对那件事我感到惭愧 |
[25:11] | Shouldn’t happen. | 不应该发生的 |
[25:13] | – Did you bring the expense reports? – Yeah. Yeah. | -你带开支记录来了吗 -是的 是的 |
[25:17] | Okay, this is Mexico city, Paris, Hong Kong, Tokyo. | 好吧 这是墨西哥的 巴黎的 香港的 东京的 |
[25:22] | There was a meeting of the corn refiners | 玉米加工协会上个星期 |
[25:24] | association in Florida last week. | 在佛罗里达开了一个会 |
[25:25] | Mick and Terry went to that one. | 米克和泰瑞去参加了 |
[25:27] | They were doing the regular meeting | 他们在白天开正常会议 |
[25:29] | during the day, and at night… | 而在晚上 |
[25:30] | …they’d get together with our competitors | 他们就跟我们的竞争对手一起 |
[25:33] | and work out how to fix the prices. | 讨论怎样垄断价格 |
[25:34] | Now you just watch. In about six months, | 现在你看 在大约六个月里 |
[25:37] | the price of a liter of soda pop… | 一升苏打汽水 |
[25:38] | …is gonna be about 5 cents more. | 要涨5美分 |
[25:40] | Well, when’s the next meeting? | 下次会议什么时候举行 |
[25:41] | January. Somewhere in Asia. | 一月份 在亚洲的某个地方 |
[25:45] | Mark, I gotta ask you. Why are you doing this? | 马克 我得问问你 为什么你要这么做 |
[25:49] | We know you lied about the phone line, | 我们都知道你在电话线路这件事上撒谎了 |
[25:52] | and you’re afraid of that. | 你很害怕 |
[25:52] | But now you’re telling us all this other | 但是现在你出乎意料地 |
[25:55] | stuff out of the blue. | 把所有事都告诉了我们 |
[25:56] | Can I ask you why. | 能问问你为什么吗 |
[25:59] | Well, because things are going on I don’t approve of. | 因为正在发生的事情我并不赞同 |
[26:02] | Now, I’m a biochemist. I’m a technical guy. | 现在 我是个生物化学家 一个技术人员 |
[26:06] | And they pull me into the business side… | 但是他们把我拖进了生意场… |
[26:08] | …and suddenly I find out all these | 突然我发现所有 |
[26:09] | things are going on that are illegal. | 发生的事情都是违法的 |
[26:11] | If I want to grow with ADM, | 如果我想和ADM公司共同进步 |
[26:14] | I gotta learn the business side. | 我就得学习做生意 |
[26:15] | And so suddenly to people, I’m lying. | 突然间 我开始对人们撒谎了 |
[26:17] | They’re making me lie to people. | 他们让我对人们撒谎 |
[26:18] | I lie to you. | 我对你撒谎了 |
[26:19] | I mean, I feel real bad about that. | 我是说 我对那感觉非常糟糕 |
[26:22] | You look at yourself as wearing a white | 你把自己看成正义一方 |
[26:23] | hat and they’re wearing black hats? | 他们是邪恶的一方吗 |
[26:25] | Absolutely. Something like that. | 非常正确 就像那样 |
[26:27] | When I was a kid, | 当我还是孩子的时候 |
[26:29] | my folks died in an automobile accident. | 我的父母死于一场车祸 |
[26:30] | I was maybe 6 years old and a wealthy man from Ohio adopted me. | 在我大约6岁时一个富人从俄亥俄州收养了我 |
[26:35] | Guy owned amusement parks. He did very well for himself. | 他拥有一家游乐场 他生意干的很棒 |
[26:38] | I caught a big break there, real big break. | 这对来说是一个巨大的转折点 真的是转折点 |
[26:40] | I went to a good school and all. | 我上了一个好学校 |
[26:42] | Now I adopted two kids of my own. | 现在我自己领养了两个孩子 |
[26:44] | I’m trying to do the right thing here. | 我想做点好事 |
[26:48] | Well, Mark… | 好的 马克 |
[26:50] | …do you think you’d be wiling to go | 你认为你乐意 |
[26:51] | a few steps further in helping us? | 进一步帮助我们吗 |
[26:55] | What does that mean? | 那是什么意思 |
[26:56] | Would you… | 你愿意… |
[26:59] | …be willing to wear a wire? | 随身带个窃听器吗 |
[27:01] | We don’t have any other sources at this time. We… | 现在我们没有任何信息渠道 我们… |
[27:05] | We need your help. | 我们需要你的帮助 |
[27:06] | We’ll be there with you all the way. It won’t be easy. | 我们一直会在你身边 这不容易 |
[27:10] | I’ll use my beeper to signal you | 在要开会的时候我就 |
[27:12] | when it’s time to set up a meeting. | 用我的传呼机给你发信号 |
[27:14] | When you hear this… | 当你听到这个… |
[27:16] | You know. Right? | 你知道的 对吗 |
[27:18] | …you call me. | 给我打电话 |
[27:21] | He’s watched closely at work… | 他工作时被看得很紧… |
[27:24] | …and there’s reason to believe that ADM has bugged his home. | ADM公司很有可能监听了他的家 |
[27:28] | He’s under a great deal of pressure. I mean, | 他承受着很大的压力 我的意思是 |
[27:31] | you gotta feel for the guy. | 你得为他想想 |
[27:33] | He tells us the truth one day… | 他前一天告诉了我们真相… |
[27:35] | …and wakes up the next with two lives instead of one. | 第二天醒来就身首异处了 |
[27:39] | Well, the good news is he decided to wake up and tell the truth. | 好吧 好消息是他决定醒来说出真相 |
[27:45] | There are these butterflies in central America. | 这些花蝴蝶在美国的中心 |
[27:48] | They’re blue and orange and yellow | 它们有蓝色的 橘色的 和黄色的 |
[27:49] | and have poison in their wings. | 而且它们的翅膀有毒 |
[27:51] | Just enough poison to stop a bird heart. | 刚好足够毒死一只小鸟 |
[27:53] | But the birds know this somehow, so they don’t eat them. | 但是鸟儿知道了这件事 所以它们不吃蝴蝶 |
[27:57] | But there are other ones, butterflies… | 但是还有其他的蝴蝶 |
[27:59] | …they’re orange, blue and yellow too, | 它们也是橘色的 蓝色的 和黄色的 |
[28:02] | but no poison wings. | 但是翅膀没有毒 |
[28:03] | They’re just flying around, looking dangerous, | 它们就这样到处飞 从外表来看 |
[28:06] | getting by on their looks. | 它们很危险 |
[28:07] | Hey, Mark. | 嘿 马克 |
[28:09] | – Hi, Brian. – Ready to make the call? | -你好 布莱恩 -准备好打电话了 |
[28:19] | – Hey, wait up, dipshit. – We’re gonna do it here? | -嘿 等一下 笨蛋 -我们就在这打吗 |
[28:25] | We can’t get a room. There’s problems with that. | 我们不能在房间里打 那会出问题的 |
[28:31] | Um… | 嗯… |
[28:34] | I don’t know, it just kind of seems, you know, awkward. | 我不知道 只是看起来有点 你知道 别扭 |
[28:38] | It’s the best I can do right now. | 这是我能做到的最好的了 |
[28:42] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:44] | Just… | 就… |
[28:47] | Hold the microphone against the | 把话筒对准接收器 |
[28:49] | receiver and I’ll hold the recorder. | 我来拿录音机 |
[28:51] | 009… | 009… |
[28:53] | …454… | …454… |
[28:56] | …58822 | …58822. |
[28:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[29:02] | – No, No, put it on the receiver. – Mr. Yamamoto, please. | -不 不 把它放在听筒上 -请让山本先生接电话 |
[29:06] | The receiver. | 听筒 |
[29:08] | – I have it on the receiver. – On the receiver, where you hear. | -我对准话筒了 -是听筒 你听声音用的 |
[29:14] | I’m on hold. | 我等候接听了 |
[29:19] | Hello, Mr. Yamamoto. It is Mark Whitacre. | 你好 山本先生 我是马克・维塔科尔 |
[29:23] | Hi, sir. How are you? | 你好 先生 你好吗 |
[29:27] | No, I’m doing a lot of traveling this week, a lot of traveling. | 不 我这星期东奔西跑 真是东奔西跑 |
[29:30] | How are sales? | 销售量怎么样 |
[29:33] | Certainly we need to, in terms of our… | 当然我们需要 对于… |
[29:36] | In terms of our big customers… | 对于我们的大客户 |
[29:38] | …we definitely need to be thinking about a good price, yes? | 我们必须想一个好价钱 好吗 |
[29:42] | It’s better to maintain a price of $2.50 in other countries… | 在其它国家最好保持2.5美元… |
[29:45] | And a dollar fly from Unite States. Just like that. | 然后美国便宜1美元 就像这样 |
[29:48] | You’re already price fixing. | 你就垄断了价格 |
[29:50] | Well, this is great, Mark. This | 这太棒了 马克 这会 |
[29:52] | verifies everything you’ve been saying. | 证实你说的所有事 |
[29:54] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[29:55] | – Thank you. Thank you so much. – Yeah. Absolutely. | -谢谢你 非常感谢 -是啊 当然 |
[29:59] | I like an indoor pool. Year-round usage. | 我喜欢室内游泳池 一年都可以用 |
[30:03] | I like the steam off it in the winter. | 我喜欢冬天时的水蒸气 |
[30:05] | Very mysterious, that steam. | 非常有神秘感的水蒸气 |
[30:06] | Well, Marty… | 马蒂… |
[30:10] | …when you started work at ADM, how much money did you want? | 你刚开始在ADM工作时 你想要多少钱 |
[30:13] | I wanted 50 grand. | 我想要50英镑 |
[30:15] | But I went and told Terry, “We can’t | 但是我去告诉泰瑞 “我们” |
[30:17] | get this guy for less than 75.” | “不能给他少于75英镑” |
[30:19] | Yeah. I know. | 是啊 我知道 |
[30:20] | I got it for you. You were the first I hired. | 我为你要的 你是我第一个聘用的人 |
[30:22] | Mark, you’ve always been really generous with me. And I appreciate it. | 马克你一直对我很慷慨 我很感激 |
[30:26] | Here’s what I want you to do. | 我想要你做一件事 |
[30:28] | I want you to write down a name. | 我想要你写下一个名字 |
[30:32] | Okay. What’s the name? | 好吧 什么名字 |
[30:37] | Nordkron Chemie. | 诺德克恩・凯恩米 |
[30:40] | What is that, like, a nigerian name or something? | 那是什么 像是尼日利亚人 |
[30:45] | I like my hands. I think they’re | 我喜欢我的手 我的手 |
[30:46] | probably my favorite part of my body. | 大概是我身体中最喜欢的部位 |
[30:48] | I think that can be used to my advantage in social situations. | 我认为我的手势是我社交时的优势 |
[30:51] | If I can get people focused on my hands, | 如果我能让人们注意我的手 |
[30:53] | I can get a good result in a meeting. | 我就能在会议中得到个好结果 |
[30:55] | Eye contact is real important too. | 眼神交流也很重要 |
[30:57] | Hey, I’m gonna check messages. | 嘿 我要查看留言 |
[31:08] | You have one message. | 你有一条留言 |
[31:14] | My phone died. I was on with the plant. | 我的电话没电了 我是工厂里面的 |
[31:16] | Is there a payphone, a public but kind of…? | 这附近有投币电话 或者公用的… |
[31:19] | – Across the lobby. – Right. | -穿过大厅 -好的 |
[31:20] | – Mark, this is important bioproduct stuff. – I know. | -马克 这是一笔重要的生物产品生意 -我知道 |
[31:23] | Hi, Dave. How’s Holly doing? | 你好 戴夫 霍莉最近怎么样 |
[31:25] | – She’s good. – Great. | -她很好 -太棒了 |
[31:26] | It’s the plant. | 工厂里找我 |
[31:27] | – FBI. – Brian, it’s Mark. | -FBI -布莱恩 我是马克 |
[31:30] | I told you, I’m out of town on business this week. | 我告诉过你 我这周要出城出差 |
[31:33] | The case is getting some attention from the bureau. | 这个案子已经开始得到局里的重视 |
[31:35] | There’s another agent working with me. | 又有一个探员跟我一起调查 |
[31:37] | I can’t talk right now. I have a meeting. | 我现在不能说了 我要开个会 |
[31:39] | I have people waiting for me. Bye. | 有人在等我呢 再见 |
[31:43] | I’m here, Dave. | 我在这呢 戴夫 |
[31:45] | Being able to do two things at once is a big part of success. | 同时做两件事是对于成功大有帮助 |
[31:49] | I try and do abdominal exercises… isometrics. | 我开始试着做腹肌练习 定肌收缩运动 |
[31:51] | …even when I’m at a meeting. | 甚至是在我开会的时候 |
[31:53] | Tensing. Holding. | 绷紧 挺住 |
[31:55] | Then releasing. | 然后放松 |
[31:56] | I’ll floss in the shower while the conditioner is in my hair, | 我要用用护发素滋润头发这功夫 |
[31:59] | during the part when you’re just supposed to leave it in. | 边洗澡边用牙线剔牙缝 |
[32:02] | Those things can really add up to a significant time savings. | 做些事的重大意义就是节约时间 |
[32:05] | Hey, Kirk. | 嘿 科克 |
[32:07] | I’ll be heading to Europe… | 我要去欧洲了 |
[32:08] | …and I thought I could just hand deliver | 我想我能亲自去交 |
[32:10] | that check for the ABP deal in person. | ABP的检验报告 |
[32:12] | Remind me. ABP deal? | 提醒我一下 ABP是什么 |
[32:14] | It’s a threonine microbe. | 是一种苏氨酸微生物 |
[32:15] | They’re making substantial improvements. | 它们可以大大改善产品 |
[32:17] | We want to get into the market. That’s the invoice. | 我们想要进入市场 这是发票 |
[32:20] | We’ll just overnight it. | 我们就先放一晚上吧 |
[32:21] | No, no. I’m gonna see this Thorstensson guy, | 不 不行 我马上要去见托斯同森这个人了 |
[32:23] | so I’ll just hand it to him. | 马上就得给他了 |
[32:29] | The metric system never panned out. We had rulers… | 公制系统永远不会出错 我们有尺子 |
[32:31] | …with inches on one edge, centimeters on the other. | 一边是英寸 另一边是厘米 |
[32:34] | I pronounced it “centimeters” instead of | 我总说成”利米”而不是 |
[32:36] | “centimeters” and nobody corrected me. | “厘米” 但是没人纠正我 |
[32:38] | They let me walk around stupid. | 他们让我继续犯傻 |
[32:39] | I’m not upset we never crossed over… | 我并不难过我们总是转变不过来 |
[32:41] | …though it’s helpful to know the conversions | 但了解公制还是有好处的 |
[32:43] | When I go to the Europe. | 在去欧洲的时候 |
[32:43] | the liter bottle is the thing that caught on… | 公升制瓶子是最近流行起来的 |
[32:46] | …because it’s a nicer word, “liter” than “quart.” | 因为这个词更好听 公升总比夸脱强 |
[32:49] | Quart. | 夸脱 |
[32:52] | Mark, it’s Marty calling again. | 马克 又是我马蒂 |
[32:56] | Message deleted. | 留言已删除 |
[33:10] | FBI, agent Shepard. | FBI 谢帕德探员 |
[33:11] | Brian, it’s Mark. | 布莱恩 我是马克 |
[33:13] | Look, it’s been hard for me to return a page… | 你看 想要我回电话很困难 |
[33:16] | …as I am out of the country at the moment. | 因为我现在在国外呢 |
[33:19] | Listen, we need to know if you’ve had | 听着 我们需要知道你是否 |
[33:21] | any further contact with Nakawara. | 跟麻衣有任何的进一步的联系吗 |
[33:22] | I told you already that the guy stopped calling. | 我已经告诉你了那个家伙没再打过电话 |
[33:26] | Well, what about the price fixing? | 好的 价格垄断的事情怎么样了 |
[33:28] | Have you been able to make any more tapes? | 你还能录音吗 |
[33:30] | I think you guys hanging around has everybody scared straight. | 我认为是你们总在周围晃悠给大家吓坏了 |
[33:33] | The word is we’re doing everything by the book now. | 一句话我们现在开始奉公守法了 |
[33:37] | Mick said it’s over. No more price fixing. | 米克说过都结束了 没有价格垄断了 |
[33:39] | What? When did this happen, this conversation? | 什么 这是什么时候发生的 这次谈话 |
[33:43] | Everything has changed. I got lysine | 事情全变了 我让赖氨酸 |
[33:45] | up and running. The virus is gone. | 恢复了 病菌消失了 |
[33:48] | Mick brought me into his office, he sat me down. | 米克把我带到了他的办公室 他让我坐下 |
[33:51] | He said, “Whitacre, from now on we’re doing things your way.” | 他说”维塔科尔从现在起我们按你说的做” |
[33:54] | Mark. | 马克 |
[33:56] | Look, Mark, the FBI knows about the crimes. | 听着 马克 FBI了解犯罪 |
[34:00] | We’re gonna investigate either way. | 不管怎样我们都要调查 |
[34:03] | Either way? What does “either way” mean? | 不管怎样 什么叫不管怎样 |
[34:05] | We really need to get together. | 我们要通力合作 |
[34:07] | It is a different approach there now. | 你得想其他办法了 |
[34:09] | I’m telling you, it’s all… | 我跟你说 |
[34:10] | Everything’s changed. | 一切都变了 |
[34:13] | My plane is boarding. I gotta go. I gotta go. | 我得登机了 我得走了 我走了 |
[34:28] | – Everything okay? – Yeah, fine. | -出事了吗 -没 挺好的 |
[34:31] | Kids. | 孩子 |
[34:32] | – Das Kinder – Die Kinder | -孩子们 -孩子 (德语) |
[34:36] | – Where were we? – We were discussing bonuses. | -刚说到哪了 -说到奖金问题 |
[34:40] | And we should be discussing ferraris. | 该谈谈法拉利车的事了 |
[34:42] | Full federhaltertinte. | 钢笔漏水了 |
[34:45] | You have full federhaltertinte all over your shirt. | 墨水漏了你满身 |
[34:51] | One of the Japanese guys told me a story. | 一个日本人给我讲过个故事 |
[34:53] | This lysine salesman is in a meeting… | 一个赖氨酸销售员在和 |
[34:55] | …with someone from Conagra or some other company, I don’t know. | 康尼格拉之类的公司的人开会 |
[34:58] | The client leaned forward and said | 客户倚身向前 说 |
[35:01] | “I have the same tie as you, only the pattern is reversed.” | “我有条领带和你的一样 不过图案相反” |
[35:05] | And then he drops dead, face down on the table. | 然后就倒下死了 脸拍在桌子上 |
[35:09] | Alive and then dead. | 刚还活着 突然就死了 |
[35:12] | Brain aneurysm. | 脑部动脉瘤 |
[35:14] | Maybe everyone has a sentence like that, a little time bomb. | 或许每个人都注定有这样句话 像是定时炸弹 |
[35:17] | “I have the same tie as you, only the pattern is reversed.” | “我有条领带和你的一样 不过图案相反” |
[35:21] | Dead. The last thing they’ll ever say. Something like… | 挂了 那就是临终遗言 像是 |
[35:25] | High-fructose corn syrup. There it is again. | 高果糖玉米糖浆 又来这一套 |
[35:29] | He said that Andreas called him into a marketing meeting. | 他说安德里亚斯打电话叫他去参加个营销会议 |
[35:32] | He might be late. | 他可能迟到了 |
[35:34] | If he doesn’t show, the government | 要是他不来 |
[35:36] | ought to charge him for the room. | 政府就该叫他付房费 |
[35:40] | And here it comes. | 来了 |
[35:47] | Shepard. | 谢帕德 |
[35:48] | I can’t come to the hotel tonight. I’m still at work. | 我今晚不能去宾馆了 我还在工作 |
[35:52] | Mark, this is the third time. | 马克 这可是第三次了 |
[35:54] | I gotta go. I have work to do. | 我得走了 我还有工作 |
[35:57] | – Mark, you can’t keep canceling. – Look, I can’t live two lives. | -马克 你不能总是爽约 -听着 我不能过两种生活 |
[36:01] | They just offered me a $100,000 raise, okay? | 他们刚给我加薪十万刀 |
[36:05] | I’m not gonna lose my job because of you guys. | 我不想因为你们丢了工作 |
[36:08] | I have a family. I’m building stables across the road. | 我还有家庭 我还在正在建马厩 |
[36:11] | – But you told us… – The price fixing is over. It’s over. | -可你说过 -定价结束了 都结束了 |
[36:15] | Hey, Mick. I’m getting off the phone now. | 米克 我马上就挂电话 |
[36:18] | Mark, listen to me. | 马克 听着 |
[36:20] | The only logical thing for you to do is cooperate. | 你现在唯一该做的 就是合作 |
[36:25] | What happens if I don’t? | 我要是不合作呢 |
[36:26] | Then somebody else will, and you’ll end up being a defendant. | 会有别人合作的 到那时你就等着当被告吧 |
[36:31] | The tapes don’t say anything, because it’s over. Mick said. | 录音带上什么都没有 都结束了 这是米克说的 |
[36:34] | We have a whole new policy. | 我们有新政策了 |
[36:36] | Fine, if that’s what he said. Then I want | 好的 如果他真这么说 |
[36:39] | to hear the tape. We need tapes, Mark. | 那我要听听录音带 我们要带子 马克 |
[36:43] | Okay, I never made any tapes. | 好吧 我没录带子 |
[36:45] | I never made any because there’s not | 我没录 |
[36:47] | gonna be anything on the tapes. | 因为带子上什么都不会有 |
[36:49] | It’s over, and they’d just be stupid tapes. | 都结束了 那些都是废品 |
[36:51] | – Mark, come on. – Look, how…? | -马克 别这样 -怎么… |
[36:53] | You tell me how I can prove it to you, and I will. | 那你告诉我要怎么证明给你看你才信 |
[37:39] | Mick Andreas and his dad would never lie for me. | 米克・安德里亚斯和他老爸绝不会为我撒谎 |
[37:42] | They say we’re in it together. What a joke. | 他们说我们是一伙的 笑话 |
[37:44] | Team-building offsite meetings at some lake in wisconsin. | 在威斯康辛的什么湖边开团队建设会议 |
[37:48] | I can’t protect these guys if they’re breaking the law. | 他们犯法的话 我可保不了他们 |
[37:50] | Hey, I tried. Anybody could see the choices I had. | 我努力了呀 所有人都能看见我面临的抉择 |
[37:53] | I did my best for ADM. You don’t see them here in the chair. | 我对ADM仁至义尽 要不你来测谎试试 |
[37:58] | Hey, how’d I do? | 我表现如何 |
[38:00] | Mark, we have some problems. | 马克 你有麻烦了 |
[38:02] | Wait a minute. I was looking at the thing. | 等等 我一直盯着那东西看呢 |
[38:05] | The needle didn’t even move. | 那针尖动都没动 |
[38:07] | Mark, you don’t know how to read a polygraph. | 马克 你不懂怎么看测谎仪 |
[38:11] | Well, first of all, they’re not 100 percent accurate. | 但是首先 那仪器不会百分百准确 |
[38:13] | Mark, you splattered the walls with ink. | 马克 你把一切都搞砸了 |
[38:16] | Come on. Extortionists just don’t leave | 听着 敲诈者不会 |
[38:18] | their name and number, then go away. | 只留下名字和电话就走人的 |
[38:20] | I know it’s tough… | 我知道这很难 |
[38:22] | …keeping it all bottled up inside, keeping it a secret. | 要把这些都憋在心里 守口如瓶 |
[38:26] | But there’s only one good choice for you. | 但你只有这一条路可走 |
[38:28] | That’s all there’s ever been. | 一直都有 |
[38:30] | There’s something you’re hiding, something you’re not telling us… | 我知道有些事你隐瞒着不告诉我们 |
[38:33] | …but the only way to protect | 但如若你想自保 |
[38:35] | yourself is to be completely honest. | 就只能绝对坦诚 |
[38:46] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[38:49] | Okay. | 好 |
[38:54] | You realize… | 你知道 |
[38:58] | …that this can all be used against you in a court of law. | 这些拿到法庭上会对你很不利 |
[39:01] | I’ll have to write it all up, and you’ll have to sign it. | 我会详细记录 然后你来签字 |
[39:04] | We’re going to find out what’s going on, Mark. | 我们要搞清楚到底发生了什么 马克 |
[39:07] | You’re not leaving this room until you tell us what’s going on. | 你要是不说 就别想离开这 |
[39:10] | So before you answer any more questions… | 在你回答之前 |
[39:13] | …I want you to think about Ginger… | 请你为你老婆想想 |
[39:15] | …and your family, and your career. | 为你的家庭 事业想想 |
[39:20] | What happened with Nakawara? | 中原是怎么回事 |
[39:24] | Is there a mole? | 到底有没有内鬼 |
[39:28] | Well, yeah, I think there has | 有 我想 以前 |
[39:31] | definitely been a mole, before, at ADM. | 在ADM肯定有个内鬼 |
[39:41] | – I made it up. – Jesus, Mark. | -我瞎编的 -靠 马克 |
[39:43] | I had to. | 我没办法啊 |
[39:45] | Look, we’ve had problems with viruses at the plant… | 工厂里有病毒 |
[39:48] | …and we’re way behind our projections. | 业绩达不到预期 |
[39:50] | Dwayne is thinking about shutting us | 德维恩想要我们关门大吉 |
[39:52] | down and everybody’s looking to me to fix it. | 大家都看着我去处理这事 |
[39:54] | It’s all “blame it on Whitacre.” that’s how it is over there. | 好像所有的错都要我承担 就是这样 |
[39:57] | We’re talking about my job here. | 我在担心我的工作 |
[40:00] | I came all the way over from europe, | 我大老远从欧洲来 |
[40:02] | relocated my family. They made me a vp. | 在这里安家落户 他们让我当了副总裁 |
[40:05] | Uh… uh… what about the price fixing? It isn’t over, is it? | 定价的事呢 还没结束 对吧 |
[40:09] | I mean, there’s no new attitude, right? | 没有什么新动向吧 |
[40:11] | It’s been going on as recently as | 定价从三周前一直持续至今 |
[40:13] | three weeks ago. Nothing’s changed. | 没有变化 |
[40:15] | It’s not just lysine. It’s citric, it’s gluconate… | 不只是赖氨酸 还有柠檬酸 葡萄酸 |
[40:18] | A guy left the company because he | 有个家伙反对这事 |
[40:20] | wouldn’t do it. He was forced out. | 就被赶出了公司 |
[40:22] | The gluconate guy, he’s out of a job. | 他卖葡萄酸的 就丢了工作 |
[40:24] | I met with the guys from Ajinomoto just last month in chicago. | 我上周 在芝加哥 和味之素的人开会 |
[40:28] | The whole point was to actually set volume levels. | 主题就是确定产量 |
[40:32] | You set the volume levels, determine what the market is… | 定量之后 瓜分市场 |
[40:35] | …and then you figure out workable prices. | 然后确定适当的价格 |
[40:37] | We got another meeting next month. | 我们下个月还要开会 |
[40:41] | If there’s anything else you want to add, now is the time. | 还有想说的就现在都说了 |
[40:43] | What else is there? | 还能说什么 |
[40:56] | Seven-thirty a.m., march 17th… | 1993年 3月17号 |
[40:59] | …1993. | 上午7点30分 |
[41:01] | I have parked the car. I am approaching | 我刚停好车 |
[41:04] | the entrance to the office. | 正向办公室入口走去 |
[41:08] | Entrance breached. | 大门坏了 |
[41:10] | Terry Wilson. President of our corn businesses. | 泰瑞・威尔逊 我们谷物业务的总裁 |
[41:15] | Did our friend from Japan call last night? | 昨晚你的日本朋友来电话了吗 |
[41:18] | No, he wasn’t in. | 没 没来 |
[41:20] | Well, I spoke with Mimoto and he is pissed. | 我跟三元通过话了 他很气恼 |
[41:24] | He says there will be no peace in lysine… | 他说要是我们不把产量降到预定水平 |
[41:26] | …until we bring production down to the levels we promised. | 赖氨酸市场就永无宁日 |
[41:29] | Well, in ’92, we did exactly what we | 92年我们确实 |
[41:32] | told him we would do in terms of volume. | 是言出必行 |
[41:34] | Exactly. Now, no promise. | 不过现在 没门 |
[41:37] | He says he wants to talk to you. | 他说想跟你通话 |
[41:39] | Yeah? Well, I’ll be right there saying, | 是吗 那我会跟他说 |
[41:41] | “listen here, you mousy motherfucker.” | “听着 你个下贱的婊子” |
[41:47] | That was Terry Wilson talking about setting volume… | 这就是泰瑞・威尔逊对于 |
[41:52] | …and price levels with our japanese competitor… | 跟日本竞争者味之素公司 |
[41:55] | …ajinomoto corporation. | 共同定量和定价的看法 |
[41:59] | By the way, there was no discussion with Mimoto last night. | 补充一点 我昨晚没有和三元通话 |
[42:01] | I did that for illustration purposes only. | 刚才只是举个例子而已 |
[42:04] | I repeat, no discussion with Mimoto. | 重复一遍 没有和三元通过话 |
[42:06] | -Morning, Mark. – good morning, Liz Taylor, secretary. | -早啊 马克 -早 莉斯・泰勒 我的秘书 |
[42:18] | 东京 | |
[42:21] | – Please, come in. – Hello. Good morning. | -请进 -您好 早安 |
[42:23] | Good morning. Hello. Good morning. Good morning. | 早安 您好 早 早 |
[42:28] | Before we even deal with latin america… | 在和拉丁美洲做生意前 |
[42:30] | …we have to agree that we are gonna swap numbers. | 我们要达成共识 互相通报价格 |
[42:34] | It’s the only way this is gonna work. | 这是唯一可行的方式 |
[42:36] | Keep everybody on target. It’s possible | 每个人都自己的目标 这是可行 |
[42:39] | to do. Got to be very careful. | 但一定要谨慎小心 |
[42:41] | Need to check your phones. | 需要检查你们的电话 |
[42:45] | Excuse me, I need a comfort break. Pardon me. | 抱歉 去方便一下 抱歉 |
[42:58] | Side two, tape one. | 第一卷 第二面 |
[43:04] | I’ve got well over two million frequent flyer miles. | 我已经有超过200万公里的飞行里程 |
[43:07] | I’m pretty much platinum across the board. | 持有几乎所有航空公司的白金会员卡 |
[43:09] | I get a letter from the ceo every year, thanking me. | 我每年都会收到CEO的来信 感谢信 |
[43:12] | It’s a form letter. It looks like he really sign it. | 是封正式信函 看上去是他亲笔签名 |
[43:14] | They probably walk in and he signs like | 肯定是秘书把信给他 |
[43:16] | a hundred while he’s on the phone. | 他边打电话边签的 |
[43:18] | 巴黎 1993年10月 | |
[43:20] | Oh, it went great. I think we’re gonna be | 一切顺利 我觉得 |
[43:22] | able to keep it at a buck and a quarter. | 应该能定在1块2毛5 |
[43:27] | Now what happens? Something you breathe | 这是怎么了 |
[43:30] | in on an airplane, some bacteria… | 你在飞机上呼入的细菌 |
[43:32] | …and now it’s in his hands, the cup, the phone. | 此时就在他的手上 茶杯上 电话上 |
[43:34] | Probably got it from his kids and | 也可能是他家小孩身上携带的 |
[43:36] | now I’ll spend the weekend with it in bed. | 而我要和这细菌共度周末 |
[43:38] | I’ll miss a few days next week or Alexander will | 我会因此歇几天病假 亚历山大会发烧 |
[43:39] | run a fever and who pays for that? | 可是谁来付账 |
[43:41] | Where does the FBI weigh in on that as a cooperating witness? | 我作为合作证人 FBI会向着哪边 |
[43:44] | What does it say about exposure to airborne contaminants? | 会对我暴露在空气传播污染中有什么说法 |
[43:47] | Tape seven, side two. Chicago o’hare. | 第七卷 第二面 芝加哥 奥黑尔 |
[43:51] | Once again, Terry Wilson representing adm. | 重复一遍 泰瑞・威尔逊代表ADM |
[43:55] | Representing Euro Lysine, Alain Crouy and Philippe Rollier. | 阿兰・克鲁伊和菲利普・罗利尔代表欧洲赖氨酸 |
[44:00] | That’s a french company. | 那是家法国公司 |
[44:09] | That’s a big break right there. Absolutely. | 大好的机会就在眼前 绝对的 |
[44:13] | There’s no choices to be made, no debate. | 别无选择 也无可争辩 |
[44:15] | You’re an ant, you just eat it. | 你就是只蚂蚁 只要吃就好了 |
[44:17] | …part of the world where it works… | 在有些地方行得通 |
[44:19] | …and the rest of the world where it doesn’t. | 有些地方就不行 |
[44:22] | It will not last. | 不会一成不变 |
[44:23] | – Terry, Alain, Philippe. Bonjour. – Hi. | -泰瑞 阿兰 菲利普 你们好 -你好 |
[44:26] | We obviously would play the game. | 我们肯定会守游戏规则 |
[44:29] | – But the koreans and the japanese… – They cheat. | -可是那些韩国人和日本人 -他们作弊 |
[44:33] | Then it won’t work. | 那就没得玩了 |
[44:36] | Well, you make it work in the other divisions. Tell them. | 在别的部门玩得转 告诉他们 |
[44:40] | Terry doesn’t like me very much. He’s got blotchy skin. | 泰瑞不怎么喜欢我 他皮肤上有斑点 |
[44:43] | What causes that blotchiness? | 那些斑点怎么来的 |
[44:45] | It must mean something medical. | 肯定是种病 |
[44:47] | He’ll have a stroke and someone will say, | 他哪天中风了 别人会说 |
[44:49] | “he was blotchy. It happens.” | “就是那些斑点闹的” |
[44:51] | If prices went up in europe, it’s | 要是欧洲的价格上涨了 |
[44:53] | because we talked in Mexico first. | 肯定是因为我们先在墨西哥谈的 |
[44:56] | That’s right. You made it happen. | 没错 你们办得好 |
[44:59] | It was our pleasure. | 十分荣幸 |
[45:03] | Mark, these are just the kind of tapes we need. | 马克 我们就是要这种录音带 |
[45:06] | And we’re getting our marching orders | 安德里亚斯要给我们下逐客令了 |
[45:08] | from Andreas. See? Goes right to the top. | 看见了吧 利润最大化 |
[45:11] | We need to improve the quality of these recordings. | 录音效果有待提高 |
[45:23] | Hey, Rusty. | 你好呀 罗斯蒂 |
[45:26] | Take a look at something. | 给你看个东西 |
[45:32] | What do you think? | 觉得怎么样 |
[45:34] | That’s a nice briefcase. | 不错的公文包 |
[45:36] | But wait. | 等着 |
[45:39] | There’s more. | 还有呢 |
[45:44] | That… | 这 |
[45:46] | …is a Nagra sn. | 就是传说中的纳格拉录音机 |
[45:48] | Had the bureau custom-make it for me. | FBI专门给我定做的 |
[45:51] | Mark Whitacre, secret agent 0014. | 马克・维塔科尔 秘密特工0014 |
[45:56] | Why 0014? | 为什么是0014 |
[45:59] | Because I’m twice as smart as 007. | 因为我比007牛叉两倍 |
[46:05] | Ah. Thank you again. | 谢谢 |
[46:10] | What happened to that girl who worked for us? | 原来在咱这工作的那妞哪去了 |
[46:13] | Didn’t she move to california? What was her name? Tina? | 搬去加利福尼亚了吗 她叫什么来着 蒂娜? |
[46:15] | Oh, Tina. Yeah, she’s getting married. | 哦 蒂娜 对 她要结婚了 |
[46:18] | Ugh. My tina’s getting married? | 我的蒂娜要结婚了? |
[46:21] | She’s getting married two or three weeks from now. | 她两三周后就结婚 |
[46:26] | Well, that won’t last long. She’s a bit of a dodo-head. | 这婚姻不会长久的 她有点傻乎乎 |
[46:30] | She’ll be back. | 她会回来的 |
[46:31] | I just hope she doesn’t get pregnant and fuck up that body. | 她可千万别怀孕了 毁了那好身段 |
[46:35] | She had a nice body. It’ll ruin her tits. | 她身材真不错 怀孕的话 胸型会走样的 |
[46:38] | When polar bears hunt, they crouch down | 北极熊狩猎的时候会 |
[46:40] | by a hole in the ice and wait for a sealto pop up. | 蜷伏在冰洞里等着海豹现身 |
[46:43] | They keep one paw over their nose so that they blend in… | 他用一只爪子盖住鼻子来隐藏自己 |
[46:46] | …because they’ve got black noses. | 因为他的鼻子是黑色的 |
[46:48] | They’d blend in perfectly if not for the nose. | 要不是那个黑鼻子他就能完全融入雪里 |
[46:50] | So the question is, how do they know their noses are black? | 问题是 他怎么知道自己的鼻子是黑色的 |
[46:55] | From looking at other polar bears? | 看其他的北极熊? |
[46:57] | Do they see their reflections in the water, and think, | 他是不是看着水里的倒影 想 |
[46:59] | “i’d be invisible if not for that.” | “要不是它我就能隐形了” |
[47:02] | That seems like a lot of thinking for a bear. | 一只熊貌似想不了这么多 |
[47:05] | 欧文市 加州 | |
[47:07] | Remember to pat them down for wires before the meeting. | 记得开会前检查有没有窃听器 |
[47:10] | – What? – Yes. New policy. | -什么 -新政策 |
[47:11] | Whenever we meet with the japanese. | 每次和日本人开会前都检查 |
[47:13] | You’re kidding, right? I didn’t get a memo. | 开玩笑的吧 我没接到通知 |
[47:16] | I didn’t get any kind of memo on that. | 我没接到任何通知 |
[47:18] | He’s kidding. Relax, Mark. | 他开玩笑的 别紧张 马克 |
[47:20] | They don’t have the balls to mess with adm. | 他们没胆跟ADM搞僵 |
[47:22] | When it’s over, the board of directors | 当一切都结束 |
[47:24] | at adm is gonna understand. | ADM的董事会会明白的 |
[47:25] | They’re gonna see the position I was in. | 他们会看到我的处境 |
[47:27] | I acted in everyone’s best interest. | 我在为所有人争取利益 |
[47:29] | That’s the only conclusion they can reach. | 这将是他们唯一的结论 |
[47:31] | I’m the youngest division president they’ve had. | 我是他们有史来最年轻的部门总裁 |
[47:34] | I speak a number of languages fluently. | 我流利掌握多门外语 |
[47:49] | Would you like some coffee or fruits? | 想要些咖啡或水果吗 |
[47:55] | No. | 不 |
[47:57] | No. | 不 |
[47:58] | Mark, no. | 马克 不要 |
[48:00] | – No. – I told him the camera was in the lamp. | -不 -我跟他说过摄像头在灯里 |
[48:07] | We already spend more than one year to | 我们用了一年多的努力 |
[48:09] | get better market situation in lysine. | 争取改善赖氨酸的市场状况 |
[48:12] | We talked a little bit about it in paris… | 我们在巴黎已经谈过这点了 |
[48:14] | …but we need to come to an understanding on volume. | 可我们还需要在产量上达成共识 |
[48:18] | – we have public shareholders. – can you…? | -我们有公共股东 -可不可以… |
[48:20] | You need to widen out a little. | 把镜头拉远一点 |
[48:22] | We need to show them working together. | 得看出来他们在一起商议 |
[48:27] | If the market grows, who gets it? | 如果市场扩大 谁受益呢 |
[48:32] | If Kyowa Hakko, Miwon and Cheil corporation each get 2000 tons… | 协和发酵 味元 第一制糖每家得2000吨 |
[48:37] | …we can divide up the rest. | 咱们可以平分剩下的 |
[48:40] | If we’re gonna have any stability at all. | 如果我们想要保持稳定的话 |
[48:43] | We need… we need some specific number. | 我们需要具体的数字 |
[48:47] | Well, what would you be willing to accept? | 多少你能接受 |
[48:49] | Isn’t that really the question? | 这是问题所在 |
[48:50] | Adm has already eaten all the growth. | ADM吃掉了所有市场增长的部分 |
[48:53] | We have a lot more capacity that we’re not using. | 我们还没达到最大生产能力 |
[48:56] | We could be growing 20,000 tons. Isn’t that right, Mark? | 我们还能再多生产2000吨 对吧 马克 |
[49:01] | I’m going in. We gotta shut this down. | 我得进去 把这个关了 |
[49:03] | No, wait. Hold on. | 等等 慢着 |
[49:04] | – I need your input. – I think he’s got it. | -我需要你的意见 -我想他发现了 |
[49:10] | They talk about paris. | 他们在说巴黎 |
[49:11] | – I can’t understand. – The meeting in paris. | -我不懂 -巴黎的会议 |
[49:13] | We have a big board of directors. | 我们的董事会很大 |
[49:15] | They have a big board of directors. And shareholders. | 他们有很多董事 还有股东 |
[49:18] | And they’re all suffering together. | 都会遭受很大损失 |
[49:21] | Well, where’s the agreement? I mean, this is just a discussion. | 可是协议在哪 这只是个商讨 |
[49:25] | If there isn’t an agreement, what are they doing there? | 要是没有协议 他们在那干什么 |
[49:28] | You’re getting bogged down with the words. | 你太拘泥于谈话的内容了 |
[49:31] | Just look at the actions. | 只看他们的行为 |
[49:32] | Look what happens right here. Okay? | 看他们在干什么 |
[49:36] | See what he’s doing? | 看见他干什么了吗 |
[49:38] | Yeah, I’ve looked and I just see a chart with a bunch of words. | 我看了 只看到一个图表和一堆文字 |
[49:42] | I don’t even see any numbers on that. I mean, | 根本都没有数字 |
[49:44] | I can’t pinpoint an agreement as you say. | 我看不出你说的协议 |
[49:46] | What more do you want? The guy is standing there… | 你还想要什么 那家伙站在那 |
[49:48] | …dividing up the market, plain as a day. | 分市场 一清二楚 |
[49:51] | It could just be a proposal. | 可能只是个提议 |
[49:53] | All the other companies weren’t there. | 别的公司不在场 |
[49:55] | No one used the word “agreement.” | 没人用”协议”这个词 |
[49:56] | I’m telling you. From the perspective of | 我只想说 从司法部门的角度看 |
[49:59] | the justice department, it is not enough. | 证据不全 |
[50:01] | We’re having another meeting to work | 我们还要开个会 |
[50:03] | out some of the issues in lysine. | 讨论赖氨酸的事项 |
[50:05] | We have to divide up the volumes and | 要分配产量 |
[50:07] | set prices for some of the markets. | 为各市场定价 |
[50:09] | Europe again? | 又是欧洲? |
[50:11] | Europe is out. | 欧洲不行了了 |
[50:12] | There is a price-fixing investigation in | 那正在进行水泥建筑业的 |
[50:14] | the cement manufacturing business there. | 反定价调查 |
[50:16] | It’s got everybody spooked, so we’re not going there. | 大家都吓得魂飞魄散 我们不去那 |
[50:19] | We can’t videotape in japan. That’s not gonna help us. | 我们不能去日本录像 那没用 |
[50:22] | Hawaii. | 夏威夷 |
[50:24] | – hawaii? – hawaii. | -夏威夷? -夏威夷 |
[51:03] | 1994年3月 | |
[51:08] | Okay. So everybody just… | 好啦 大家都… |
[51:11] | Goddamn it, Mark. Look at the size of this. That’s bullshit. | 晕 马克 这也太小了吧 真屎 |
[51:15] | Can you call and get us a bigger room? | 你能去打电话换个大点的房间吗 |
[51:17] | – This is the only room they have. – will you call them, please? | -他们只有这间房 -请您去打个电话好吗 |
[51:21] | I will. I will. Make yourselves at home, | 我去 我去 请自便 |
[51:23] | please. I’ll call. I’ll call. | 请便 我打 我去打 |
[51:25] | Do you have a suite perhaps that’s a bit more roomy for us? | 你们还有大一点的套房吗 |
[51:31] | The Makuaha room. Is that your biggest room? It sounds big. | 玛库拉套间 最大的一套吗 听起来不错 |
[51:36] | But it is, I see. And for the whole day? | 但是有人订了 订了一整天吗 |
[51:40] | Okay, so this is it. We’re here, we’re stuck. | 那么只有现在这间 我们就只能在这儿了 |
[51:45] | Okay, then we’ll make do. Thank you. | 好吧 我们凑合一下 谢谢 |
[51:49] | Looks like we are here to stay, definitely… | 看来就是这里了 确定没处换 |
[51:52] | …so let’s settle in, and… | 各位请就座 |
[51:55] | …start. | 开始吧 |
[51:57] | Oh, no. | 别啊 |
[52:04] | Well, I’d like to welcome everybody here. | 首先欢迎诸位到场 |
[52:07] | Let me just… indulge me for a second. | 让我来 等我一下 |
[52:11] | I think you might be more comfortable if I move the chair… | 如果椅子放在这边可能更舒服 |
[52:18] | Thattaboy, Mark. | 干得好 马克 |
[52:23] | We have an old saying at ADM. I think it applies here. | ADM公司有句老话 现在说挺合适 |
[52:28] | “It’s better to have the elephants inside the tent pissing out… | 巨头们一致对外 |
[52:32] | …than outside the tent pissing in.” | 比相互之间狗咬狗要好得多 |
[52:35] | Outside piss? | 狗咬狗什么意思 |
[52:38] | It’s better to be part of the group. | 同行结盟更好 |
[52:40] | What he’s saying is, the customers are our enemy. | 意思是 顾客是我们的对头 |
[52:43] | The competitors are our friend. | 竞争同行才是朋友 |
[52:45] | It’s important we have all the producers involved, | 制造商们都参与进来很重要 |
[52:47] | including the Cheil corporation. | 包括第一制糖集团 |
[52:49] | I want to know why we have been | 我想问问为什么以前 |
[52:51] | excluded from association in the past. | 我们都被排除在联盟之外 |
[52:53] | We need to be part of this. | 我们需要加入其中 |
[52:56] | – Yeah. – How can we know that ADM will stay… | -不好意思 -如何确定ADM公司 |
[52:59] | …at agreed-upon levels? | 只在共识范围内行动呢 |
[53:02] | Well, it would be our preference that we simply trust each other. | 最好可以做到相互信任 就这么简单 |
[53:07] | And if we find out someone’s been lying… | 如果一旦发现有人越界 |
[53:09] | …we’ll just hire some Mafia figure to rub you out. | 那就找黑手党做掉他 |
[53:13] | That’s just a little bit of levity of course… | 这样确实有些草莽 |
[53:15] | …but the point is that if we can’t trust each other… | 关键是如果达不到互相信任 |
[53:19] | …ain’t gonna work. | 一切都是空话 |
[53:22] | You are Okay with that? | 你觉得可以吗 |
[53:24] | Yes. I am all right. | 我没问题 |
[53:29] | So, what are we saying? | 那么是说 |
[53:35] | Well, what, do you have a language problem, Mark? | 听不懂英语吗 马克 |
[53:39] | Then we are all… | 我们全都 |
[53:43] | – Agreed. – Yes. | -同意 -太好了 |
[53:49] | Agreement. You heard it. | 共识 听见了吧 |
[53:52] | – Congratulations. – Jury’s gonna love that. | -恭喜 -这对陪审团会很有用 |
[53:54] | Well done. You did it. | 干得好 |
[53:56] | Christ. How about this guy Whitacre? What’s his story? | 老天 这个维塔科尔什么情况 他是什么背景 |
[54:01] | – What do you mean? – What’s his agenda? | -什么 -这家伙如何安排日程 |
[54:03] | The guy’s making 350 grand a year, | 一年赚35万美金 |
[54:06] | moving up a ladder and he turns informer. | 升了高职 结果当了告密者 |
[54:08] | When does that happen? Is the money going up his nose? | 这是什么时候的事情呢 他赚的钱有到他鼻子那么高了吧 |
[54:12] | Some woman somewhere with a kid he’s | 这么多商务旅行 难道他只跟老婆孩子 |
[54:14] | seeing on one of these business trips? | 在某趟旅途中匆匆见个面吗 |
[54:17] | What’s his story? | 到底是怎样的故事 |
[54:27] | We wanted to show you this. | 希望你能看看这个 |
[54:29] | That’s a picture of Mark Whitacre and his family. | 马克・维塔科尔和家人的合影 |
[54:32] | We carry that with us all the time… | 我们一直带着 |
[54:35] | …as a constant reminder that he is a real person… | 不断提醒自己他也是个有血有肉有感情的人 |
[54:39] | …with a real family depending on him. | 有家庭要养活 |
[54:41] | The only reason we have any of these | 能拿到这些带子的唯一原因 |
[54:43] | tapes is because of this man. | 就是这个人 |
[54:47] | We want to know when the time comes… | 我们想知道 |
[54:49] | …if he loses his job… | 当他因此丢掉工作时 |
[54:51] | …will the government stand behind him? | 政府会帮助他吗 |
[54:54] | – Mark, are you an idiot? – Ginger, I’ll be the only one left. | -马克你傻吗 -金吉尔 最后只有我会留下 |
[54:58] | Mick will be gone. Terry will be gone. Dwayne will be gone. | 米克会走 泰瑞会走 德维恩也会走 |
[55:02] | I am a scientist and I understand the business side. | 我懂产品技术也懂怎么谈生意 |
[55:05] | I’m the only one qualified to run ADM. | 我是经营ADM公司的唯一人选 |
[55:07] | Mark, that’s completely illogical. | 马克 这毫无道理 |
[55:10] | How can you stay there when you’ve taken down the company? | 拖了公司的后腿还能留下来吗 |
[55:13] | Because they need me to run the company. | 因为他们需要我去经营 |
[55:15] | First of all, I’m extremely valuable to the company. | 首先 我对公司来说极其有价值 |
[55:19] | And secondly, I did the right thing. | 第二 这么做是正确的 |
[55:21] | Okay? The board is gonna see that. | 好吗 董事会会明白的 |
[55:23] | The board’s gonna respect that. | 也会尊敬我所做的 |
[55:25] | It’s the FBI, right? They’re brainwashing you. | FBI告诉你的吗 他们在给你洗脑 |
[55:29] | It’s Brian Shepard putting ideas in | 布莱恩・谢帕德给你灌输了这些思想 |
[55:30] | your head to keep you working for him. | 让你心甘为他工作 |
[55:32] | I’m telling you, they will make me the next president of adm. | 他们会助我当下一个ADM公司总裁 |
[55:37] | So this is it, huh? Yup. | 就是这样吗 |
[55:39] | How’s your family doing? | 家人情况如何 |
[55:42] | Good. They’re gonna be at an amusement | 很好 你们行动的时候 |
[55:43] | park when you guys make your move. | 他们在一个游乐园 |
[55:45] | Whatever happens tomorrow, I think it’s in your best interest… | 不管明天发生什么 为了最大程度保护你的个人利益 |
[55:49] | …to get an attorney who’s gonna represent your interests alone. | 你要为你自己找个辩护律师 |
[55:52] | – You want me to get an attorney now? – No, not now. | -现在就要找吗 -不是现在 |
[55:55] | First, the company lawyers are gonna | 首先 公司律师会给每一位高管 |
[55:57] | come to all the executives… | 提供一份辩护律师名单 |
[55:59] | …with a list of attorneys to pick from. | 你们可以从中挑选 |
[56:01] | You’ve gotta understand, these attorneys are paid for by ADM. | 不过得明白 这些人是ADM公司花钱雇的 |
[56:05] | They don’t represent you. | 他们不是代表你个人 |
[56:06] | Do not pick one of these attorneys. | 别从那名单里选 |
[56:08] | Tell them you have your own attorney. | 说你要自己找律师 |
[56:11] | You need to tell them that you’re | 你得告诉他们 |
[56:13] | cooperating with the government. | 你与政府合作 |
[56:15] | It’s perfectly reasonable for you to cooperate. | 说有合作无可厚非 |
[56:17] | I think I know a lawyer in decatur. I’ll talk to him. | 我认识个在迪凯特工作的律师 我会咨询他 |
[56:21] | The town is too small. | 别在城里找 |
[56:22] | I’m sure you’ve met lawyers in your | 在生意往来中 你肯定认识了一些不错的律师吧 |
[56:24] | business dealings that could handle this. | 能搞定这事儿的 |
[56:27] | Definitely. | 当然 |
[56:29] | Now, Mark? Mark? | 现在听我说 马克 |
[56:32] | Once this starts, it is going to be intense. | 一旦行动开始 就将很紧张 |
[56:34] | They are going to know that somebody | 他们会知道有内线 |
[56:37] | was on the inside working with us. | 与我们合作 |
[56:39] | And they’re gonna do almost anything to find out who it is. | 还会用一切必要手段去查是谁 |
[56:42] | But you guys still think I’m gonna be Okay at the company, right? | 不过你们确定我还会在公司平安无事吧 |
[56:46] | I mean, you guys are gonna take down | 你们会抓住犯法的人 |
[56:48] | the bad guys, but I’ll be okay, right? | 我会平安吧 |
[56:52] | Well, I think it’s important to remember… | 重要的是 |
[56:56] | …what we talked about before, and | 记住之前说过的话 |
[56:58] | what we’re talking about right now… | 现在还要记住 |
[57:01] | …is tell them… | 告诉他们 |
[57:05] | – …you’re cooperating with the government. – I know. | -你跟政府在合作 -明白 |
[57:07] | But I’m just asking if you guys think | 我只是问是否 |
[57:09] | I’m gonna be okay at the company. | 我还能在公司平安无事 |
[57:11] | The corporate culture’s gonna change a little bit for you. | 公司的理念将因你有些小变化 |
[57:15] | I should say so. | 我同意 |
[57:17] | – Yeah. – We should just focus on the raid. | -是的 -我们应该集中精力在突袭上 |
[57:20] | – Right? – Yes. | -对吗 -是的 |
[58:04] | – Mark, you’re making that up. – No, Archer, the A in ADM… | -马克这是你编的吧 -不是 阿彻 ADM里面的A |
[58:08] | …choked to death, 1947, on a chicken bone. | 1947年被一根鸡骨头噎死 |
[58:12] | Fact. Fact. | 事实 |
[58:14] | Well, there you have it, from Mark Whitacre, ph.D. | 这些话居然从一位博士 马克・维塔科尔口里说出来 |
[58:17] | You know what the ph.D. Stands for, don’t you? | 知道博士代表什么吧 |
[58:19] | Piled higher and deeper. | 就是多扯淡 |
[58:21] | Heh. Let me guess. Daniels was killed | 让我猜猜 丹尼尔斯(D)是被头猪杀死的 |
[58:23] | by a pig and the cows got Midland. | 米兰德(M)被奶牛踩死 |
[58:30] | A chicken got Archer. I’ll tell you, 50 years later… | 一只鸡做掉了亚彻 告诉你 在这50年后 |
[58:33] | …our deals with Tyson farms, Foster farms… | 跟我做生意的泰森农场 福斯特农场 |
[58:36] | …what’s the body count? | 对方要死多少人? |
[58:38] | Mr. Wilson, Mr. Whitacre, I’m Bob Herndon and I’m an FBI agent. | 威尔逊先生 维塔科尔先生 我是鲍勃・赫顿 FBI探员 |
[58:42] | – This is special agent Shepard. – What is going on? | -这位是特派员谢帕德 -怎么回事 |
[58:45] | – Mr. Whitacre, would you come with me? – I don’t… | -维塔科尔先生 麻烦你走一趟 -我不知道 |
[58:48] | – I have no idea what this is about. – Mr. Whitacre, please. | -我毫无所知 -维塔科尔先生请 |
[58:51] | – Could you come with us? – Do I need a lawyer? | -请跟我们走 -需要律师吗 |
[58:54] | – A lawyer? Terry. – Excuse me. | -泰瑞 律师吗 -抱歉 |
[58:56] | I saved a guy once at a restaurant in HongKong. | 一次我在香港某个餐厅 救了个人 |
[58:59] | He was choking and I got him to throw | 他噎住了 我用椅子顶他的背 |
[59:01] | himself over the back of his chair. | 救了他一命 |
[59:03] | He sends me cards on holidays just to say thanks. | 逢年过节他给我寄卡片只是为了说声谢谢 |
[59:06] | Tells me what his kids are studying. He remembers me. | 唠叨他孩子在上什么课 他记得我 |
[59:09] | You can take first-aid courses from your local Fire department. | 其实地方消防队开的急救课程中就包含这讲 |
[59:12] | You got a reason for embarrassing my | 你在我客户面前 |
[59:14] | colleague and I in front of a business prospect? | 让我和我的同事如此下不来台 能解释吗 |
[59:16] | This is a serious matter. | 这件事很重大 |
[59:18] | It involves an international investigation into price fixing. | 是有关价格垄断的国际调查 |
[59:22] | We have seen you and your boss, Mick Andreas… | 你和你老板米克・安德里亚斯与竞争对手串通一气 |
[59:25] | …conspire with your competitors to fix prices. | 去制定价格我们都看到了 |
[59:27] | We have seen you tell others to do it. | 看到是你在主导 |
[59:30] | There will be indictments. | 你们将被起诉 |
[59:32] | Search warrants have been issued. | 搜查令已经发出 |
[59:34] | And some people, people who you know | 某些你认识的同事 |
[59:37] | and work with, will be going to jail. | 会进监狱 |
[59:40] | Look at that. | 看 |
[59:42] | Look at that. Look at Terry and Bob. | 看 泰瑞和鲍勃 |
[59:46] | Oh, I wish I could be a fly on that wall. | 真希望我是那墙上的苍蝇 |
[59:49] | Oh, hey, I was good, right? Didn’t I seem really scared? | 我演技很好吧 是不是看起来真的很害怕 |
[59:52] | I actually felt scared. | 当时我真有些害怕 |
[59:54] | Remember what we told you, all right? | 记得给你说的了吗 |
[59:56] | Tell them you’re that cooperating first thing… | 说明你在与政府合作 |
[59:59] | – and whatever you do, do not take one of their lawyers. – Right. No. | -还有别用他们的律师 -了解 |
[1:00:02] | What’d you say to your guy? | 你跟那问话的说什么了 |
[1:00:04] | Nothing, I told him nothing. Slow down. | 什么都没说 慢点儿开 |
[1:00:06] | Me neither. I said nothing. | 我也是 什么都没说 |
[1:00:07] | He said that he had price-fixing tapes. What the fuck is that? | 他说他有价格制定会议的录像带 真是见鬼 |
[1:00:10] | Well, I bet they have the phones tapped. | 我敢打赌电话被窃听了 |
[1:00:12] | I always said that. It’s the phones. | 我一直说 就是电话的问题 |
[1:00:14] | I can’t believe they would pull this shit on Dwayne Andreas. | 真不敢相信他们对德维恩・安德里亚斯下手 |
[1:00:17] | Look, I get phone calls from time to time. | 我也在接电话 |
[1:00:19] | I know, I know. | 知道 |
[1:00:21] | Oh, god. | 老天 |
[1:00:23] | We’re going to the lawyers. I don’t want to use the phones. | 去找律师吧 我不想用电话 |
[1:00:25] | See? The phones. | 听见了没 电话 |
[1:00:27] | They hit everybody. My dad, Schmidt, Randall. | 他们窃听了所有人 我父亲 施密特 兰登 |
[1:00:29] | Oh, fuck me. | 见鬼 |
[1:00:30] | No, they played me a tape of me. | 他们播了一盘有我在场的录像 |
[1:00:33] | Some meeting with the fucking Japanese. I called the lawyers. | 跟可恶的日本人在开会 叫了律师 |
[1:00:36] | – We’re gonna go there. – Yeah? They played a tape. | -我们去律师那 -是吗 他们放了盘录像带 |
[1:00:38] | How the fuck did they get a tape? | 该死的从哪里搞来的录像带 |
[1:00:40] | I really don’t think they have that much. | 我觉得他们不知道多少事情 |
[1:00:42] | When you factor in everything we’ve done for them… | 如果想把我们的所作所为都算清楚 |
[1:00:45] | …this will be a 10-year thing for the lawyers. Maybe a fine. | 够律师干上10年的了 也许来点罚款 |
[1:00:48] | That’s all this is ever gonna be. Trust me. | 事情最后只能这样 相信我 |
[1:00:54] | – How’s it going? – Good. | -进行的怎么样 -很顺利 |
[1:00:55] | FBI | FBI. |
[1:00:58] | Yeah, he’s here. I got agent Temples for attorney Mutchnik. | 是的 他在 密切尼克律师 有位特帕斯探员找 |
[1:01:05] | This is James Mutchnik. | 我是詹姆斯・密切尼克 |
[1:01:06] | Just interviewed an ADM employee, Kirk Schmidt. | 我刚见过一个ADM职员 科克 施密特 |
[1:01:09] | Schmidt knew we were coming. | 施密特知道我们的突袭行动 |
[1:01:11] | Says he knew about the raid days ago. | 说他很早就知道 |
[1:01:15] | He says Whitacre told him. | 是维塔科尔告诉他的 |
[1:01:18] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[1:01:19] | – He sees you sitting in the window and… – Bob. Brian. | -他看到你坐在窗旁 -鲍勃 布莱恩 |
[1:01:23] | Can I talk to you guys for a second? | 我能跟你们说几句吗 |
[1:01:30] | That was amazing. You guys should have seen it. | 太完美了 你们应该现场去看 |
[1:01:33] | Oh, Terry was so scared, and Mick | 泰瑞很害怕 |
[1:01:34] | and the lawyers, they were just… | 米克和律师们他们只是 |
[1:01:36] | – They were pissed. – That’s super. | -他们很恼火 -很好 |
[1:01:38] | They thought you guys gave me the once-over. | 他们以为你们会直接给我一击 |
[1:01:40] | They’re like, “you all right?” I’m going, “yeah.” | 还很担心问你还好吗 我说还好 |
[1:01:43] | – Did you make a tape? – Yeah, I made a tape. A great one. | -录带子了吗 -当然录了 很精彩 |
[1:01:46] | Really good. | 真的很精彩 |
[1:01:48] | So it’s over, then. | 那么完事了吧 |
[1:01:50] | Mark… | 马克 |
[1:01:52] | …who did you tell? | 你跟谁讲了 |
[1:01:54] | – What? – Who else did you tell about the raid? | -什么 -你跟谁说了突袭的事情 |
[1:02:06] | I had to tell my secretary. | 我得告诉我的秘书 |
[1:02:08] | Guys, I’m the head of the bioproducts division. | 伙计们 我可是生物制品部门的领导 |
[1:02:12] | She has to know where to get in touch | 她要知道怎样联系我 |
[1:02:14] | with me. I told her months ago. | 我几个月前就告诉她了 |
[1:02:16] | So all I said was, “Liz, I’m doing some work with the FBI. | 我只说 莉斯 我跟FBI有些合作 |
[1:02:19] | I might be out of touch for a while.” | 也许偶尔你会联系不到我 |
[1:02:22] | That’s it. She had no idea about our case. | 这是这些 她对这案子一点也不知道 |
[1:02:32] | I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned the | 我很确定有 |
[1:02:34] | name Kathy Dougherty a time or two… | 一两次提过我部门里 |
[1:02:36] | …in my division. | 凯特・道夫特的名字 |
[1:02:37] | Kathy is a friend. She is a trusted ally. | 凯特是朋友 是可靠的盟友 |
[1:02:43] | I didn’t want her to be scared. | 我不想她担忧 |
[1:02:45] | Why would you do that, Mark? Why would you tell Dougherty? | 你为什么那样做 为什么告诉道夫特 |
[1:02:48] | Because I didn’t want her to be scared. I trust her. | 因为我不想她担忧 我信任她 |
[1:02:53] | – Guys, we can trust Kathy. – Who else? | -伙计们 我们可以相信凯特 -还有谁 |
[1:02:55] | Don’t jack us around, Mark. | 别玩花样 马克 |
[1:03:03] | Kirk Schmidt. I mean, Schmidty… | 科克 施密特 我是指施密特 |
[1:03:06] | Look, I was afraid that he wouldn’t say anything to you guys. | 我是怕他不会对你们开口 |
[1:03:10] | That he’d clam up on account of he’s loyal to me. | 他对我非常忠诚 |
[1:03:12] | You could have ruined this entire operation. | 你可能会毁了这次行动 |
[1:03:15] | Has anything gone wrong? Has anything gone wrong? | 出差错了吗 出差错了吗 |
[1:03:18] | Time out. Time out. Time out. | 都停下 别吵了 |
[1:03:21] | Mark, you know what you did, in our eyes, was wrong. | 马克 你知道在我们看来你所做的是错误的 |
[1:03:26] | – It was supposed to be a secret. – Look, we can get past this. | -这本应该保密 -这次我们能解决 |
[1:03:31] | But is there anything else that we need to know? | 不过还有其他隐瞒吗 |
[1:03:35] | No. | 没有 |
[1:03:37] | No, not that I can think of. | 我想不到 |
[1:03:46] | Remember… | 记住 |
[1:03:47] | …tell them you’re getting your own lawyer. | 告诉他们你会找自己的律师 |
[1:03:50] | I know about the lawyers, Brian! | 我清楚律师的事情 布莱恩 |
[1:04:38] | Mark Whitacre, Aubrey Daniel. | 马克・维塔科尔 奥布里・丹尼尔 |
[1:04:41] | Pleasure to meet you. I’m representing ADM in this matter. | 很高兴见到你 这件案子我是ADM公司的代表律师 |
[1:04:44] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:04:45] | – This is John Dowd, a colleague of mine. – Good morning, John. | -这位是约翰・唐德 我的同事 -早上好约翰 |
[1:04:49] | Dwayne has filled us in on your responsibilities here, so… | 德维恩分配我们到你这边儿来负责 |
[1:04:53] | Aubrey prosecuted Lieutenant Calley | 奥布里是在越南米莱大屠杀案子中 |
[1:04:54] | after the My Lai Massacre in Vietnam… | 卡利中尉的原告律师 |
[1:04:57] | …so this ought to be a cakewalk for him. | 所以本件案子对他来说小菜一碟 |
[1:05:00] | We were hoping you’d have time to talk to John. | 希望你能与约翰谈谈 |
[1:05:03] | – Sure. – ADM’s behind you on this, Mark. | -当然 -ADM公司是你的坚强后盾 马克 |
[1:05:05] | Dad and I want all the key people to know… | 父亲和我希望高层都知道 |
[1:05:08] | …that we’re gonna be paying all your legal fees. | 我们会为你这边的法律费用买单的 |
[1:05:11] | Oh, great. Great. Thank you, that’s great. | 太好了 谢谢 |
[1:05:13] | Then… then we’ll let you fellas get acquainted, okay? | 那就不打扰让你二位熟悉了 |
[1:05:17] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:05:20] | – How you holding up, Mark? Thanks. – Good. Please, sit down. | -怎么样还好吧 -还好 请坐 |
[1:05:29] | – John, can I ask you something? – Sure, anything. | -约翰我能问些事情吗 -当然 随便问 |
[1:05:32] | If I say something to you, are you allowed | 如果我给你透露些信息 |
[1:05:34] | to say anything to Mick and Dwayne? | 你不能跟米克和德维恩说吧 |
[1:06:04] | Oh. Here we go. | 他们来了 |
[1:06:17] | I need to tell you I’m gonna be cooperating with the FBI. | 我必须告诉你们我将和FBI合作 |
[1:06:21] | They have hundreds of tapes. | 他们有上百的录像带 |
[1:06:24] | They know all about lysine. | 了解赖氨酸的情况 |
[1:06:27] | And John here agrees with me I should be probably getting another lawyer. | 约翰同意我需要再请一位律师 |
[1:06:30] | Oh. No question about it. | 没问题 |
[1:06:36] | I want to say sorry for everything that’s happened. | 我对一切这些都表示抱歉 |
[1:06:39] | Sorry? | 抱歉 |
[1:06:41] | What’s that? | 这什么意思 |
[1:06:44] | It feels good to talk, to clear the air. | 说出来感觉真好 拨云见日 |
[1:06:46] | You get to be like a balloon after a while… | 我一直感觉像个气球 |
[1:06:48] | …A balloon looking for a pin to | 需要找根针来扎一下 |
[1:06:50] | bump into and relieve the pressure. | 来释放压力 |
[1:06:52] | You could get sick from keeping it | 这种压力让人生病 |
[1:06:54] | inside and get a tumor or something. | 长肿瘤或者什么 |
[1:06:56] | I didn’t ask for that. | 这可不是我想要的 |
[1:06:58] | I have a friend from school who has a law practice. | 我有个大学朋友开了家律师事务所 |
[1:07:01] | And he’s always telling me how they can’t talk about their cases. | 他说律师绝不能乱谈论自己的案子 |
[1:07:04] | Like in the firm. You can tell them anything. | 就像在公司 可以告诉律师任何事情 |
[1:07:06] | They have to keep it to themselves or they | 他们却必须保密 |
[1:07:09] | get in a lot of trouble. They’re boxed. | 不然就会有麻烦 他们守口如瓶 |
[1:07:11] | That’s what they say boxed. | 他们自己说的 守口如瓶 |
[1:07:13] | So there wasn’t a saboteur at all. You made that up? | 所以根本就没有什么破坏者 你编造的吗 |
[1:07:16] | Well, maybe there was. I mean, there could have been. | 也许有 我是说 很可能有 |
[1:07:19] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:07:21] | ADM steals technology from the Japanese… | ADM公司从日本人那里偷技术 |
[1:07:23] | …so I wouldn’t put it past the | 所以反过来 |
[1:07:24] | Japanese to do the same thing to us. | 日本人也可以偷我们的 |
[1:07:26] | But once I told the FBI that I’d made that part up… | 但当我给FBI说我编造了这个部分 |
[1:07:29] | …they said I had very little choice | 他们就说我没的选择 |
[1:07:31] | but to be a cooperating witness. | 只能合作当证人 |
[1:07:34] | And you began making tapes. How many tapes did you make? | 所以你开始录带子 录了多少 |
[1:07:37] | There are over 200 tapes. | 200多卷 |
[1:07:43] | There are so many really nice people in | 世界上有很多善良的人 |
[1:07:45] | the worid, people who want to help out. | 愿意伸出援手的人 |
[1:07:47] | Good neighbors, good listeners. | 不错的邻居 安静的聆听者 |
[1:07:50] | Like when they had floods in Mississippi… | 比如密西西比河发洪水 |
[1:07:52] | …and people lose everything and are sleeping in a school gym… | 当地居民损失了一切 勉强住在学校体育馆里 |
[1:07:55] | …someone always shows up with a | 总会有人 |
[1:07:57] | warm coat and a homemade pot roast. | 带着温暖的大衣和自制的炖肉出现 |
[1:07:59] | That’s why Ginger and I bought that girl a | 这就是为什么金吉尔和我 |
[1:08:01] | computer after she had the spine injury. | 给脊髓受伤的那女孩送了台电脑 |
[1:08:04] | That kind of thing really makes a difference. | 这样的事情可以改变很多 |
[1:08:06] | Jim here strikes me as that kind of guy. | 吉姆让我觉得他就是这种人 |
[1:08:08] | Yoou can tell he’s the one-in-a-hundred guy who, | 百里挑一 |
[1:08:10] | when you come into the emergency room… | 但你去急诊室的时候 |
[1:08:12] | …you thank your lucky stars it is watching. | 你庆幸你的幸运星正守护着你 |
[1:08:14] | …illegal campaign contributions, whatever. | 非正当竞争 随便称呼 |
[1:08:16] | Whatever we’re talking about. | 随便你们怎么定性 |
[1:08:18] | So then I’d come back. Two nights a week or so… | 所以我回来后 大约每周有两晚 |
[1:08:20] | …Brian and Bob and l would get together, and we’d… | 布莱恩 鲍勃和我一起合作 |
[1:08:23] | You know, we’d work it. We’d build the investigation. | 开始了整项调查 |
[1:08:27] | Get everything we needed, gather all the information. | 准备好所需的一切 收集资料 |
[1:08:30] | Then we went to DOJ, briefed those lawyers… | 然后我们去司法部 向那些律师做简报 |
[1:08:32] | and before you knew it, we were hitting ADM, | 在你知道前 我们已经在打击ADM |
[1:08:34] | raiding the place, taking it down. | 突袭那里 把他们拿了下来 |
[1:08:36] | And for how long did you do this? Work as an informant? | 那么你做线人有多久了 |
[1:08:38] | Two and a half years. | 两年半 |
[1:08:43] | Two and a half years. | 两年半 |
[1:08:46] | You know, and I always thought | 我一直幻想这一切结束后 |
[1:08:48] | there’d still be a place for me at ADM when this whole thing was over. | 我能回到ADM继续工作 |
[1:08:52] | I still have a lot of friends there. | 我的许多朋友仍在那里工作 |
[1:08:54] | A lot of friends. | 很多的朋友 |
[1:08:58] | Mark… | 马克 |
[1:09:01] | it’s very important to your case you not discuss this with anyone else. | 记住一点 你是不能和其他人讨论这个案子的 |
[1:09:04] | Okay? | 明白吗 |
[1:09:05] | These people you work with, your friends, | 包括你的同事们 你的朋友们 |
[1:09:07] | they could end up being witnesses. | 将来他们都有可能会站出来指证你 |
[1:09:10] | So Bob and I are the only people | 从今往后你只能 |
[1:09:11] | you talk to about this from now on. | 同我和鲍勃谈论这个案子 |
[1:09:14] | All right? And I want you to know that you can tell us anything. | 明白吗 你什么都可以跟我们说 |
[1:09:18] | – Okay. – Okay? – Yeah. | -好的 -好吗 -好的 |
[1:09:20] | Well, they kept coming to the house and | 记者们一直来我家要采访我 |
[1:09:22] | they only had ADM’s side of the story. | 他们只知道ADM的说一切 |
[1:09:24] | Did you talk to the Wall Street Journal, Mark? | 马克 你和《华尔街日报》说了吗 |
[1:09:27] | What did you say? | 他们怎么说 |
[1:09:29] | It’s real important that you not talk to the press. | 你不能向媒体说明事情的原委 |
[1:09:31] | Me? I told them I had no comment, but it didn’t matter. | 我吗 我跟他们说无可奉告 不过这无关紧要 |
[1:09:34] | They had the story anyway. They already had it. | 他们已经知道前因后果了 他们已经知道了 |
[1:09:39] | Did you see my stipple portrait? It’s pretty good. | 看见我在报纸上的图像没 挺帅的 |
[1:09:48] | Oh, shit. | 靠 |
[1:09:57] | I’d appreciate any comment you can make on the allegations on the TV. | 请问你对电视上那些对你的指控有何感想 |
[1:10:00] | Just a quick comment. What do you have to say? | 简单说一下吧 你会说什么呢 |
[1:10:03] | I came out to tell you that | 我是来告诉你们 |
[1:10:05] | I’m not allowed to talk to the press at this time. | 此时我无法向媒体发表任何言论 |
[1:10:08] | At least any comment on the effects of your actions… | 那你可以谈谈你的这种行为 |
[1:10:11] | on ADM’s declining stock prices? | 将对ADM的下滑的股价产生何种影响 |
[1:10:13] | What’s been the reaction of your friends and your co-workers being taped? | 对于你的同事和朋友被窃听你作何感想 |
[1:10:16] | Well, I’m a person of interest in an ongoing investigation. | 我只对现有的调查感兴趣 |
[1:10:19] | Do you believe you and your family can safely stay in Decatur? | 你觉得你和你的家人可以安全的留在迪凯特吗 |
[1:10:22] | – Sorry – Has the government made arrangements to move you? | -抱歉 -政府有没有安排你们搬家 |
[1:10:28] | We’re still getting the threatening phone calls. | 我们一直接到恐吓电话 |
[1:10:31] | And I know for a fact that Dwayne and Terry | 而德维恩和泰瑞一直跟人们说 |
[1:10:34] | have been telling people that he wasn’t a good worker and he can’t be trusted. | 他不是一个好员工 不能信任他 |
[1:10:39] | We told Mark. | 我们跟马克说过 |
[1:10:42] | We told him that he had to expect the unexpected… | 他得对这些意外做好心理准备 |
[1:10:44] | that he might be attacked | 他可能被舆论攻击 |
[1:10:46] | that he wasn’t gonna win any popularity contests for this. | 在此次事件里 公众不会站在他这边 |
[1:10:50] | Well, he just mopes around here all day… | 他每天无所事事 |
[1:10:53] | watching the news, looking for a glimpse of himself. | 要么在新闻里寻找自己的身影 |
[1:10:57] | Or he’s calling someone from ADM, | 要么就打电话给ADM的人 |
[1:10:59] | trying to get the latest gossip. | 询问最新的小道消息 |
[1:11:03] | Maybe you guys should get out of town until the hearings start. | 或许你们可以在听证会开始之前暂时出城去 |
[1:11:07] | He’s got to stop talking to people. | 他得对外封口 |
[1:11:13] | Well, the FBI never forced me to cooperate. | FBI没有强迫我合作 |
[1:11:16] | I don’t owe Brian Shepard the truth. | 我没有欺骗布莱恩・谢帕德 |
[1:11:17] | I mean I gave Brian Shepard two and a half years of my life | 我给了布莱恩・谢帕德两年半的时间去调查 |
[1:11:20] | and now I have legal bills to show for it. | 现在我可以正式起诉ADM了 |
[1:11:22] | And I’m the good guy in this, the guy who took on ADM. | 在这一事件里 我是与ADM对抗的好人 |
[1:11:25] | Is Brian Shepard gonna lose his job for that? | 布莱恩・谢帕德会因此而失业吗 |
[1:11:28] | His standard of living? | 他会因此而被扣工资吗 |
[1:11:29] | I’ve gone to the local junior high school on career day | 在”职业介绍日”那天我去了当地的中学 |
[1:11:31] | and talked to the kids about biochemistry… | 向孩子们讲解生化知识 |
[1:11:32] | and the career opportunities available. | 以及该行业的就业前景 |
[1:11:35] | Can Brian Shepard and Bob Herndon say that? | 布莱恩・谢帕德和鲍勃・赫顿会说这些吗 |
[1:11:37] | I’m the white hat. | 我是个英雄 |
[1:11:38] | I did enough for Brian Shepard. | 我对布莱恩・谢帕德仁至义尽了 |
[1:11:40] | Who’s gonna take care of me? | 谁来照顾我呢 |
[1:11:41] | Who picks the kids for swimming lessons? | 谁能帮我接送孩子们去上游泳课 |
[1:11:42] | Who has a plaque in the high school | 谁能在中学里 |
[1:11:43] | for the Mark Whitacre environmental award? | 为马克・维塔科尔树立环境奖 |
[1:11:45] | Where are your friends when it’s dump on Mark Whitacre? | 当马克・维塔科尔遭人陷害时 我的朋友们在哪 |
[1:11:48] | Where’s the pot roast and the warm coat? | 哪里有肉吃 哪里有衣穿 |
[1:12:22] | You can see where he pasted it. | 你可以看见他粘贴的地方 |
[1:12:25] | He’s a fucking forger. | 他他妈的是个造假者 |
[1:12:35] | – Mark Whitacre. – Hello, Mark. It’s Aubrey Daniel. | -马克・维塔科尔 -马克 你好 我是奥布里・丹尼尔 |
[1:12:41] | Listen, I’m here in Mick Andreas’ office | 是这样的 我在米克・安德里亚斯的办公室 |
[1:12:44] | We were wondering does the name | 你对列纳特・桑特森 |
[1:12:47] | Lennart Thorstensson mean anything to you? | 这个名字有印象吗 |
[1:12:50] | What about Nordkron Chemie? Does that ring a bell? | 还有诺德克恩化工 你想起什么没 |
[1:12:57] | I’ll have someone get back to you on that. | 等会我让人和你联系 |
[1:13:00] | Oh, sure. You do that. | 当然 |
[1:13:06] | – He’s going to call us back. – Sure. | -他等会儿再和我们联系 -当然 |
[1:13:23] | My lawyer’s telling me not to talk to you guys, but… | 我的律师要我别跟你们说话 可是 |
[1:13:27] | there’s something I’ve been wanting to talk to you about. | 有件事我一直想告诉你们 |
[1:13:30] | Don’t tell us anything. | 什么都别说 |
[1:13:32] | You have a lawyer now and it’s not like it was before. | 你现在有律师 情况已跟以前大为不同 |
[1:13:37] | We are not asking you. | 我们不会问你任何问题 |
[1:13:40] | Okay, what if I just put out some hypotheticals? | 好吧 如果我只是说一些”假设” |
[1:13:43] | And, you know, I’ll talk about certain financial situations… | 我告诉你们一些假设的财务状况 |
[1:13:48] | and you guys can tell me if they’re wrong | 然后你们告诉我这些行为是否违法 |
[1:13:51] | or how serious they might be. | 以及他们的严重性 |
[1:13:52] | Okay, for instance… | 比方说 |
[1:13:55] | what if… | 如果 |
[1:13:58] | a company gave an executive a car? You know, a corporate car. | 一家公司给主管配一辆车 我是说公车 |
[1:14:02] | And instead of driving that to work… | 他不仅仅开去上班 |
[1:14:04] | he drove his personal car | 他还用作私用 |
[1:14:05] | and he gave the company car to his daughter. | 并且把这辆公车送给了他的女儿 |
[1:14:09] | Would that be a problem? | 这种行为违法吗 |
[1:14:13] | That’s it? | 就这些吗 |
[1:14:14] | That’s the hypothetical? | 这就是那些假设吗 |
[1:14:18] | That shouldn’t be a problem. | 这不算什么问题 |
[1:14:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:14:24] | What if it was a corporate plane… | 如果这是一辆飞机呢 |
[1:14:27] | and the executive was using that for personal use? | 这位主管将飞机用作私用 |
[1:14:31] | Oh. Basically the same thing. | 没什么区别嘛 |
[1:14:33] | Maybe some IRS issues, but… | 也许会有些税务麻烦 不过 |
[1:14:37] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:14:40] | What if… | 那么如果 |
[1:14:42] | it was standard practice at ADM | 在ADM内部管理层收受现金回扣 |
[1:14:44] | for executives to regularly accept kickbacks in cash? | 是一个约定俗称的习惯呢 |
[1:14:56] | How much money are we talking about… | 这牵涉的数额有多大 |
[1:14:59] | Mark? | 马克 |
[1:15:01] | Well, Brian, hypothetically, $500,000. | 布莱恩 如果是50万美金呢 |
[1:15:06] | – How much? – It’s the way things are done there. | -多少 -这是ADM的行事规则 |
[1:15:09] | Okay? I’m not the only one who was doing it. | 知道吗 不只是我一个人这么做 |
[1:15:13] | Everybody’s doing it. | 所有人都这样 |
[1:15:16] | When did this start, Mark? | 马克 什么时候开始的 |
[1:15:19] | December 1991. | 1991年12月 |
[1:15:26] | You | 你 |
[1:15:29] | How were you paid? | 支付方式是什么 |
[1:15:32] | Paid by check. | 支票 |
[1:15:33] | A check is deposited in various accounts… | 这张支票被分散在多个账户里 |
[1:15:36] | and always under the amount of $10,000. | 每个账户的总额不会超过1万美金 |
[1:15:41] | And did any of these checks come in… | 那在我们见面之后 |
[1:15:46] | after we met? | 你还收过这些支票吗 |
[1:15:53] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[1:15:59] | Two-point-five million dollars, | 马克・维塔科尔在他去瑞士公干的时候 |
[1:16:00] | deposited into an account in Switzerland… | 把这250万美金 |
[1:16:03] | while Mark Whitacre was there on ADM business. | 存在瑞士的一个定期存款账户里 |
[1:16:06] | Now, we have sworn testimony… | 现在我们从ABP公司的列纳特・桑特森先生 |
[1:16:08] | from Mr. Lennart Thorstensson of the ABP corporation… | 那里得到了证词 |
[1:16:11] | that he has never seen this contract, | 他说他从未见过这份合同 |
[1:16:14] | and that his signature is forged. | 这份签名是伪造的 |
[1:16:17] | Neither he nor his company have ever received this check. | 他本人以及他的公司从未收到过这张支票 |
[1:16:22] | Now, it is clear to us that Mark Whitacre | 现在一切都是明摆着的 |
[1:16:24] | driven by his own boundless ambition to take over ADM… | 马克・维塔科尔为了一己私欲 |
[1:16:27] | has attempted to frame his superiors… | 编造了一起价格操控密谋 |
[1:16:30] | in a price-fixing conspiracy of his own invention. | 以栽赃他的上级从而操纵ADM |
[1:16:33] | His cooperation with the government | 他与政府联手只不过是 |
[1:16:35] | merely a smokescreen to hide his lying, cheating and stealing. | 为了掩盖他的谎话以及他的那些偷盗之事 |
[1:16:40] | We have additional information | 我们将把这额外信息 |
[1:16:41] | that we are willing to share with attorney general Reno | 告诉雷诺的总检察长 |
[1:16:45] | that the money has since been moved to Grand Cayman… | 维塔科尔在他的FBI的伙伴完全知情的情况下 |
[1:16:48] | with the full knowledge and complicity of Whitacre’s FBI partners. | 把这笔钱移至开曼群岛 |
[1:16:53] | What are they accusing me of? I want the specifics. | 他们指控我们什么罪名 说具体一点 |
[1:16:56] | Are they saying I’m in cahoots with the guy? | 他们说我跟他是一伙的吗 |
[1:16:59] | Paragraph 8 in our agreement with Whitacre… | 我们与维塔科尔签的协议的第八章 |
[1:17:01] | states that his actions are directly attributable… | 表明他的行为直接受 |
[1:17:04] | to the FBI and the United States government. | FBI和美国政府管制 |
[1:17:06] | They’re saying he stole two and a half | 他们声称在我们管制他的期间 |
[1:17:08] | million dollars while we were running him. | 他窃取了250万美金 |
[1:17:10] | But how could we know what he was doing? | 我们怎会知道他的那些勾当 |
[1:17:12] | He came to us. | 是他主动来找我们的 |
[1:17:14] | The question they’re asking isn’t “how could we know?” | 他不会问”我们怎么知道” |
[1:17:17] | It’s “why didn’t we know?” | 而是”我们为什么不知道” |
[1:17:18] | No. The question is, “were they price fixing?” | 不对 问题是他们是否”操纵价格” |
[1:17:22] | The investigation has shifted from ADM to Whitacre. | 我们已经把调查从ADM转至维塔科尔 |
[1:17:25] | Ha. Of course. Adm decides Whitacre’s a thief… | 当然 当ADM发觉维塔科尔为我们工作 |
[1:17:29] | as soon as they find out he’s working for us. | 他们就裁决他是小偷 |
[1:17:31] | Who’s counting money of theirs | 那250万美金失踪了这么多年 |
[1:17:34] | if they can lose two and a half million for a few years, | 他们都没有察觉吗 |
[1:17:35] | and then find it in a few hours? | 然后竟然在短短数小时内就发觉了 |
[1:17:37] | We gotta call Mark. | 我们得呼叫马克 |
[1:17:38] | – I don’t want you to do that. – We’re taking you off. | -我不希望你们那么做 -你们被暂时停职了 |
[1:17:44] | That’s it? | 就这样吗 |
[1:17:47] | We’re done? | 就这样结束了吗 |
[1:17:50] | I thought the FBI never hung a witness out to dry. | 我一直以为FBI不会对证人坐视不理 |
[1:17:53] | He’s not a witness anymore. He’s a target. | 他不再是证人 他是调查目标 |
[1:17:56] | I only kept a million and a half dollars. | 我只拿了150万美金 |
[1:17:57] | a million and a half. And Mick knew about it. | 150万而已 米克都知道的 |
[1:17:59] | He knows these things went on. | 这些事他都知道 |
[1:18:01] | Who do you think taught me to do it? | 都是他教我的 |
[1:18:02] | You can’t bullshit these people. Who knows what they know? | 你不能胡说啊 谁知道他们知道什么呢 |
[1:18:05] | If we are gotta go in, | 如果要我们帮你 |
[1:18:06] | we gotta go in with the whole story. | 我们得知道事情的前因后果 |
[1:18:07] | Because it gets bad for you if | 如果你对他们说 |
[1:18:08] | you tell them you’ll confess and you don’t. | 要坦承一切而其实你没有 |
[1:18:10] | Then you’re solely screwed. | 那你就把一切都搞砸了 |
[1:18:11] | This is it. What you have in front of you, that is it. | 都在这里 全摆在你们面前了 就这些 |
[1:18:14] | I’ve found every bank statement, every record. | 我找遍了所有银行对账单 每条记录 |
[1:18:18] | Why would I hide anything from you guys? | 我为什么要对你们有所隐瞒呢 |
[1:18:21] | This is it. | 就这些了 |
[1:18:38] | I haven’t been telling you guys the whole truth, | 我对你们是有所保留 |
[1:18:41] | but I’m gonna clear that up in there. | 不过我会在上面澄清的 |
[1:18:43] | – What? – No, we gotta get you out of here. | -什么 -我们不能让你进去 |
[1:18:46] | No, no, I want to tell. | 不不 我想说 |
[1:18:49] | Mr. Whitacre’s conduct constitutes | 维塔科尔先生的行为 |
[1:18:52] | a breach of agreement with the U.S. government. | 违背了他与美国政府所签订的协议 |
[1:18:54] | He is no longer a cooperating witness. | 他不再是合作证人 |
[1:18:58] | This is outrageous. My client has given you years of his life. | 太过分了 我的当事人牺牲了多年的生活 |
[1:19:01] | Clearly, he made mistakes, but he made your case. | 他虽然犯错了 可他对你们的案子起了重大帮助 |
[1:19:04] | We are not here to discuss the case against ADM. | 我们现在讨论的不是ADM的案子 |
[1:19:06] | Mr. Whitacre, my name is Ed Herbst… | 维塔科尔先生 我叫艾德・赫布斯 |
[1:19:09] | and I am with the FBI’s economic crimes unit. | 我在FBI的经济罪案调查科工作 |
[1:19:12] | This is Mary Spearing and Don Mckay… | 这两位是司法部欺骗案调查署的 |
[1:19:14] | from the Department of Justice Fraud Division. | 玛丽・斯布林和唐・迈克 |
[1:19:17] | And we were wondering if you could tell us… | 我们想知道你在ADM的犯罪行为 |
[1:19:20] | when your criminal conduct at ADM began. | 起始于何时 |
[1:19:24] | In early 1992… | 1992年初 |
[1:19:28] | I was taught how things are done there by Mick Andreas… | 米克・安德里亚斯教我公司里的行事规则 |
[1:19:34] | who showed me how to use embezzlements… | 为了逃税他教会我如何挪用公款 |
[1:19:37] | and kickbacks in order to make money tax-free. | 以及收受回扣 |
[1:19:40] | My client is voluntarily coming to discuss | 我的当事人自愿来坦白 |
[1:19:42] | No, I’m aware that the fraud that I perpetrated was wrong and | 没有 我知道我的这种欺诈行为是错误的 |
[1:19:48] | I accept responsibility. | 我愿意承担一切责任 |
[1:19:50] | How did you receive the money? | 你是怎么收钱的 |
[1:19:52] | By check. They would deposit the check to my account in Decatur. | 支票 他们把支票存入我在迪凯特的账户里 |
[1:19:56] | They paid kickbacks in checks? | 他们用支票支付回扣吗 |
[1:19:59] | What company would pay kickbacks in checks? Come on | 拜托 什么公司用支票付回扣啊 |
[1:20:01] | Well, I don’t remember the name of the company. | 我不记得公司的名称了 |
[1:20:04] | It was, like, Agra consulting and trading or something like that. | 好像是阿加拉咨询贸易公司之类的 |
[1:20:08] | You don’t remember the company that paid you checks? | 你竟然不记得给你回扣的公司的名称吗 |
[1:20:11] | It’s hard to remember for me right now. | 现在真的记不得了 |
[1:20:13] | I have things going on in my life, | 我的生活发生了许多改变 |
[1:20:17] | We’re coming to you, guys. We’re cooperating here. | 我们主动来找你们 我们是来合作的 |
[1:20:19] | We’re gonna get the money back. | 我们会把钱退回去的 |
[1:20:21] | I think this might help your memory. | 或许这能唤起你的一些记忆 |
[1:20:29] | Now, where did we get those? | 你们从哪儿找来的 |
[1:20:32] | These are ADM documents showing forging of signatures. | 这些是ADM提供的文件 这表明你伪造笔迹 |
[1:20:37] | Didn’t these people see The Firm? Or read the book? | 这些人没看过《糖衣陷阱》这个电影或小说吗 |
[1:20:41] | It’s all there. Everything they did to me, | 事实就明摆在那儿 他们对我所做的一切 |
[1:20:43] | they did to Tom Cruise. | 就和他们对汤姆・克鲁斯做的一样 |
[1:20:43] | 马克自比汤姆・克鲁斯在影片《糖衣陷阱》中所饰演的角色 | |
[1:20:45] | I’m not the one they should be mad at. | 他们不该对我恼火 |
[1:20:47] | We can’t see you anymore. | 我们不能再见你了 |
[1:20:49] | And if you call us and start to talk about the case, | 如果你再打电话跟我们谈论这个案子 |
[1:20:53] | we’ll have to hang up. | 我们必须得挂断电话 |
[1:20:55] | You can talk to us about your feelings | 不过你可以跟我们谈谈你的感受 |
[1:20:59] | but that’s it. | 但仅此而已 |
[1:21:02] | Mark, please understand. | 马克 请理解我们 |
[1:21:06] | It’s not what we want. We got no choice here. | 我们也不希望这样 可我们别无选择 |
[1:21:10] | You know, the thing of it is, all of my anger, all of my frustration | 知道吗 与你们共事的这段时期 |
[1:21:15] | stems from my work with you guys. | 我非常的愤怒和沮丧 |
[1:21:18] | And all this crap in the paper… | 我的孩子们都看见了 |
[1:21:22] | My kids are seeing this. | 报纸上所有这些对我的诽谤 |
[1:21:25] | And it’s all just dump on Mark Whitacre. | 他们只对马克・维塔科尔落井下石 |
[1:21:28] | Remember, Mark, we told you it would be impossible to predict… | 马克 我们曾跟你说过当这件案件公诸于众 |
[1:21:33] | what would happen when the case went public. | 其后果是无法预测的 |
[1:21:36] | You never told us about the $5 million you took. | 你也从未告诉我们你曾私吞500万美金 |
[1:21:38] | I don’t see what that has to do with the price fixing. | 这跟价格操纵有什么关系啊 |
[1:21:41] | He worked for you for two and a half years. | 他为你们工作了两年半 |
[1:21:44] | He risked his career, his home… | 他牺牲了他事业和家庭 |
[1:21:47] | and now you just turn your back on him and leave us out here. | 可你们现在却撒手不管了 |
[1:21:53] | Yes, Ginger. | 别哭了 金吉尔 |
[1:21:54] | The reason we came here today | 我们今天来这儿 |
[1:21:58] | is because we’re concerned about your and Mark’s well-being. | 就是因为我们关心你和马克的生活状况 |
[1:22:04] | It’s important you tell the people in Washington everything tomorrow. | 你明天必须向最高法院坦白一切 |
[1:22:09] | One hundred percent. | 全盘托出 |
[1:22:11] | You would have nothing without him, and you know it. | 要是没有他 你们会一无所获 |
[1:22:16] | He’s being used by the government, then thrown away… | 他被政府利用了 然后被一脚踹开 |
[1:22:19] | because it’s a lot easier to go after Mark | 因为逮捕马克・维塔科尔比 |
[1:22:21] | Whitacre than anyone named Andreas. | 逮捕安德里亚斯家族任何一人都容易的多 |
[1:22:27] | We took the kids one year to | 我们每年都带孩子们去 |
[1:22:28] | the renaissance festival in Indianna. | 印第安纳州的文艺复兴节 |
[1:22:30] | You get to be the White Knight. | 他们通常扮演白骑士 |
[1:22:31] | The kids get to ride a horse and joust | 孩子们戴上头盔 |
[1:22:33] | against the forces of darkness with the helmet on. | 骑上马背与黑暗势力作斗争 |
[1:22:35] | The White Knight always wins. | 白骑士总是胜利的一方 |
[1:22:37] | The forces of darkness fall onto an old mattress. | 黑暗势力被打倒在地 |
[1:22:39] | Someone plays a lute and plays a song from medieval times. | 人们用琉特琴演奏从中世纪流传下来的歌曲 |
[1:22:43] | The day we went was maybe 90 degrees out there, | 我们去的那天室外温度大概有华氏90度 |
[1:22:45] | and the heat and humidity index… | 我甚至记不清广播里播报的 |
[1:22:46] | I can’t even remember what the radio said. | 温度和湿度指数 |
[1:22:48] | We were next in line | 就快排到我们的时候 |
[1:22:49] | and the mare collapsed, went down in a heap. | 那只马倒下了 在地上一动不动 |
[1:22:52] | Ginger was eating ye olde drumstick and she dropped it. | 那时金吉尔在吃鸡腿 鸡腿从他手中滑落 |
[1:22:54] | The kids were crying. | 孩子们在哭泣 |
[1:22:56] | And I remember this farmer saying | 我还记得那个农民 |
[1:22:57] | he had a gun in his truck. Just like that. | 说他车里有枪之类的话 |
[1:23:00] | From the White Knight to a gun in the truck. | 从白骑士到车里的枪 |
[1:23:02] | They had everyone turn their backs | 在他们处理好那只马之前 |
[1:23:04] | before they put the animal down. | 让所有人都转过身去 |
[1:23:05] | But even if you couldn’t see, you could still hear. | 即便你看不到 你仍然可以听的到 |
[1:23:08] | How do you get that back? | 你如何才能转身呢 |
[1:23:10] | How does that get to be fair? | 怎样才算公平呢 |
[1:23:13] | Well, he just kept buying things. | 他疯狂的购物 |
[1:23:16] | We had eight cars. | 我们已经拥有8辆车了 |
[1:23:19] | Three of them we never even used. | 其中三辆我们从未用过 |
[1:23:24] | And how else has he changed? | 他还有什么其他的变化 |
[1:23:28] | Well, I was always the one with the temper. | 以前发脾气的总是我 |
[1:23:31] | And Corky was the happy one. | 而柯基总是开开心心的 |
[1:23:36] | But that’s changed too. | 可现在不同了 |
[1:23:37] | There’s one in Hong Kong. | 香港有一个账户 |
[1:23:41] | Then there are the accounts in Switzerland and Grand Cayman. | 瑞士和开曼群岛也有账户 |
[1:23:44] | Right, right. | 继续 继续 |
[1:23:45] | Other things. | 还有就是 |
[1:23:47] | There’s a lawyer in New York who’s got a million dollars of mine. | 我把100万美金存在纽约的一个律师那 |
[1:23:50] | Have you told your attorney the truth about these accounts? | 你的律师知道这些账户的真相吗 |
[1:23:52] | No, I don’t need to tell… | 没有 没必要告诉 |
[1:23:57] | Mark, you need to tell your attorney about these accounts. | 马克 你得告诉你的律师真相 |
[1:24:00] | The assets were obtained legally. | 这都是合法资产 |
[1:24:02] | I don’t even know if I can trust him. | 我甚至不知道我还能否信任他 |
[1:24:04] | Has anyone in your family ever been diagnosed with bipolar disorder? | 你的家族成员有患双相情感障碍的历史吗 |
[1:24:08] | You know, manic depressive? | 就是躁郁症 |
[1:24:14] | I have an aunt that they used to say that about. | 听说我的一位姑母曾患过 |
[1:24:17] | Yeah? | 是吗 |
[1:24:19] | In terms of my parents, I can’t be sure. | 我不确定我的父母是否得过 |
[1:24:21] | My parents died in an automobile accident when I was 6. | 在我六岁的时候 他们就出车祸去世了 |
[1:24:25] | I was adopted by a wealthy man in Ohio. | 后来我就被俄亥俄州的一名有钱人收养了 |
[1:24:28] | He owned amusement parks. | 他经营一家游乐场 |
[1:24:30] | I caught a big break there, big break. | 在那我的生活有了一个巨大的转折 |
[1:24:33] | So my client’s here to cooperate fully. | 我的当事人真心希望与你们合作 |
[1:24:35] | Agent D’angelo, do you have any questions. | 唐吉拉探员 你有什么问题 |
[1:24:39] | This is your chance to put everything on the table. | 这是你彻底坦白的机会 |
[1:24:42] | This is your chance to redeem yourself. | 这是你亡羊补牢的机会 |
[1:24:44] | But if you’re not going to be completely honest, | 如果你无法坦诚相见的话 |
[1:24:47] | just stop talking now. | 那你就别说了 |
[1:24:49] | I understand that. | 我明白 |
[1:24:53] | I just want to tell you I feel… bad. I’m so sorry. | 我想告诉你们我很伤心 我很抱歉 |
[1:25:01] | The last time we spoke, I was under a great deal of stress. | 上次谈话的时候 我承受着巨大的压力 |
[1:25:04] | And I said some things that weren’t true. | 我说了一些谎话 |
[1:25:09] | I want to clear that up. | 我现在想要澄清这一切 |
[1:25:12] | The first kickback was in 1992. | 我第一次收取回扣是在1992年 |
[1:25:16] | Mick knew all about it. | 米克都知道 |
[1:25:18] | He told me there were gonna be opportunities to take kickbacks | 他说亚洲和欧洲的一些公司的合同 |
[1:25:21] | on some of the contracts coming out of Asia and Europe… | 可以收取回扣 |
[1:25:24] | that were ADM contracts. | 那些都是ADM的合同 |
[1:25:29] | Was there anyone else involved? | 还有其他人牵涉进来吗 |
[1:25:33] | So, Mr. Richter, we have… | 里克特先生 |
[1:25:36] | money leaving your account here and here… | 我把你的账户放在这儿 这儿 |
[1:25:42] | and here. | 还有这儿 |
[1:25:43] | And it’s going into Whitacre’s account… | 进了维塔科尔的账户 |
[1:25:48] | his wife Ginger’s account… | 他妻子金吉尔的账户 |
[1:25:51] | and this is going to Whitacre’s parents’ account. | 还有维塔科尔父母的账户 |
[1:25:55] | Like I said, those are loans. | 就像我说的 都是贷款 |
[1:26:00] | He had me set up a company, nordkron chemie… | 他要我成立一家公司 诺德克恩・凯恩米 |
[1:26:04] | and just, like, issue these fake invoices to ADM. | 就是 开假发票给ADM |
[1:26:09] | And there was a bank account in Hamburg… | 在汉堡有个银行账户 |
[1:26:12] | and so I would get a check for like two hundred grand… | 我会拿到 例如二十万的支票 |
[1:26:16] | and most of it would go back to Mark. | 大部分又回到马克手里 |
[1:26:19] | Ahem. Okay, look. | 好的 |
[1:26:23] | We know you’re looking out for your friend Mark… | 我们知道你要保护你的朋友马克 |
[1:26:27] | but your story doesn’t seem true. | 可你说的不像是真的 |
[1:26:32] | You’re right, it’s not true. | 你是对的 这不是真的 |
[1:26:35] | All the money went to Mark. | 所有的钱都给了马克 |
[1:26:37] | When did it start? | 什么时候开始的 |
[1:26:39] | Mark told me about this Nigerian thing he got in the mail. | 马克跟我说过他在邮件里收到的尼日利亚邮件 |
[1:26:43] | You know about these schemes with the Nigerian letters? | 你知道关于尼日利亚邮件的阴谋吗 |
[1:26:47] | The 419 fraud? Yeah, we see it every day. | 419欺骗 每天都看得见 |
[1:26:50] | You get a letter from some official in | 有封尼日利亚官方的信 |
[1:26:52] | Nigeria asking for a few grand to help. | 要一笔钱作为帮助 |
[1:26:54] | – They promise a percentage of the money. – Exactly. | -并许诺有好处费 -没错 |
[1:26:58] | You ever wonder who was dumb enough | 你可曾想到这个默不作声的人 |
[1:27:00] | to fall for something like that? | 对那件事信以为真 |
[1:27:05] | This is really embarrassing. | 这真让我难堪 |
[1:27:08] | So how much money would you say | 你认为有多少钱 |
[1:27:10] | you made from your illegal activities? | 是通过不正当手段得来的 |
[1:27:20] | Seven-point-seven million dollars. | 七百七十万美元 |
[1:27:25] | But like I said, Mick knew all about that, you know? | 就像我说的 米克都知道 |
[1:27:28] | He endorsed that kind of behavior. | 他赞同那样的行为 |
[1:27:31] | So not five, but seven-point-seven? | 这么说 不是五百万 是七百七十万 |
[1:27:35] | Seven-point-seven. | 七百七十万 |
[1:27:36] | Jim, we all understand special consideration, | 吉姆 我们知道要特殊考虑 |
[1:27:39] | but we’ve got your guy. | 我们抓住了你的人 |
[1:27:40] | And these are cases we know we can convict. | 这些案子都是可以定罪的 |
[1:27:44] | Forty-five counts of wire fraud… | 四十五起电邮欺诈… |
[1:27:47] | and money laundering and tax evasion. | 洗钱 逃税 |
[1:27:50] | So explain to us, where is the wiggle room? | 跟我们解释一下 有回旋余地吗 |
[1:27:53] | I’m not stupid. Mark committed a crime. | 拜托 我又不蠢 马克犯了罪 |
[1:27:56] | He stole nine million dollars. | 他盗取了九百万美元 |
[1:27:58] | That’s pretty indefensible. | 那是很难辩护的 |
[1:28:00] | But these guys at ADM, they stole | 可ADM的那些家伙 他们 |
[1:28:02] | hundreds of millions of dollars… | 从全世界无辜的人们那里 |
[1:28:04] | from innocent people all around the world. | 偷了上百亿美元… |
[1:28:06] | Mark showed that white guys in suits getting together… | 马克代表穿西装的白人聚在一起… |
[1:28:09] | that’s not a business, it’s a crime scene. | 不是做生意 是犯罪 |
[1:28:11] | And not only did he tell you about it, | 不只是他告诉你的那些 |
[1:28:13] | he got the evidence to prove it. Ha. | 他有证据能证明它 |
[1:28:16] | When agents go undercover for the FBI, | 当探员为联邦调查局秘密行动时 |
[1:28:18] | they get trained for the stresses. | 他们受过抗压力训练 |
[1:28:20] | We hear this all the time. How easy | 我们一直有听说 受过训练的探员 |
[1:28:22] | it is for a trained agent to crack. | 入侵计算机是多么轻而易举 |
[1:28:24] | I mean, here’s Mark, a civilian, with no training. | 我是说 这是马克 一个市民 没受过训练 |
[1:28:29] | But you guys just shove him in there. | 可你们把他推到那里 |
[1:28:31] | You tell him to go for it without any | 告诉他不用任何形式的训练 |
[1:28:33] | training to make sure he doesn’t crack a crasher. | 就能处理任何突发事件 |
[1:28:49] | Ah! Baby. | 亲爱的 |
[1:28:52] | Ginger. | 金吉尔 |
[1:29:02] | They kidnapped me. | 他们绑架了我 |
[1:29:04] | They put me in a car. They drove me around for 20 minutes. | 把我拉进一辆车里 带着我兜了20分钟 |
[1:29:07] | – They wouldn’t let me out. – Oh, my gosh. | -他们不让我出来 -我的天哪 |
[1:29:09] | – My leg. – Oh, Mark. | -我的腿 – 马克 |
[1:29:11] | It’s all cramped. | 抽筋了 |
[1:29:13] | Who did this? Who took you? | 谁干的 谁绑架了你 |
[1:29:15] | It’s obvious. Look at my jacket. These people mean business. | 很明显 看我的夹克 这些人是认真的 |
[1:29:20] | I was abducted. | 我被绑架了 |
[1:29:22] | I was thrown into the back of a light-brown dodge dynasty… | 两个匪徒把我扔进浅褐色道奇王朝… |
[1:29:26] | by two thugs… | 轿车的后备箱 |
[1:29:29] | and driven around in a 20-minute joyride. | 开车兜了二十分钟 |
[1:29:34] | And basically, I was told… | 主要是告诉我 |
[1:29:36] | you know, forget everything that isn’t on tape… | 忘记录音带上有的之外的一切东西 |
[1:29:39] | and you can forget about bringing | 你上法庭或者上媒体的时候 |
[1:29:42] | it up in a courtroom or for the media. | 也要忘记 |
[1:29:45] | Did the men identify themselves? | 那些人表明身份了吗 |
[1:29:47] | I think we know who sent them. | 我想我们知道是谁派他们来的 |
[1:29:50] | And they sawed the locks off the door, like mafia thugs. | 他们锯开门锁 像黑手党一样 |
[1:29:54] | Yeah, on each side, so I was trapped. | 在两边 我都被绑着 |
[1:29:57] | You were trapped. You couldn’t roll down the window. | 被绑着 你不可能摇下窗户 |
[1:30:01] | No. | 不可能 |
[1:30:03] | Where was the FBI in all of this? | 整个过程里联邦调查局在哪里 |
[1:30:06] | Well, I think… we think people have to realize… | 我想… 我们认为人们应意识到… |
[1:30:10] | that the FBI did the same thing. | 联邦调查局在做同样的事 |
[1:30:14] | I mean, they locked my husband in an investigation… | 我是说 在调查中拘禁我丈夫 |
[1:30:17] | and they drove our family around for three years. | 让我的家庭兜转了三年 |
[1:30:20] | – Three to five years? – Yes. | -三到五年 -是的 |
[1:30:23] | In jail? But ADM’s the bad guys. | 在牢里 ADM才是罪魁祸首 |
[1:30:27] | Everywhere we go, it’s the same story. | 我们去哪里都是这么说的 |
[1:30:30] | It’s just dump on Mark Whitacre. | 就是对马克・维塔科尔落井下石 |
[1:30:32] | You gotta focus here. | 你要注意一点 |
[1:30:34] | You stole $9 million, and then you lied about it. | 你盗取了九百万 还有所隐瞒 |
[1:30:38] | Maybe in your head, you’re good. | 或许在你看来 自己是好人 |
[1:30:40] | To them, you’re a guy who stole a lot | 对他们来说 你是个偷了 |
[1:30:42] | of money, and then lied about it. | 一大笔钱 还说谎的家伙 |
[1:30:44] | Ginger and I have been talking and we’d like to file a lawsuit… | 我和金吉尔谈过 我们倾向于 |
[1:30:47] | against Brian Shepard and the united states government. | 起讼布莱恩・谢帕德和美国政府 |
[1:30:50] | Oh, my god. For what, Mark? | 我的上帝 起诉什么 马克 |
[1:30:53] | He hit me with a briefcase. | 他用公文包袭击我 |
[1:30:58] | Mark, come on. | 马克 得了吧 |
[1:31:01] | And he told me to destroy tapes that didn’t help the case. | 他要我毁掉无助于案件的录音带 |
[1:31:05] | Why would Brian Shepard do that? | 布莱恩・谢帕德为什么那么做 |
[1:31:07] | Maybe the question you should be asking | 或许你该问自己的是 |
[1:31:09] | yourself is, what is Brian Shepard hiding? | 布莱恩・谢帕德在隐藏什么 |
[1:31:12] | All right. I’m telling you, okay? | 好吧 我告诉你 行吗 |
[1:31:15] | Take the plea. | 接受这个请求 |
[1:31:22] | Thanks, Jim, but… | 谢谢 吉姆 可是… |
[1:31:24] | we’re gonna go a different way. | 我们要用别的方式 |
[1:31:29] | Evelyn? What? | 伊夫林 什么 |
[1:31:31] | [俄亥俄 拉文纳] | |
[1:31:31] | There’s a reporter from the Washington Post. | 有一位来自华盛顿邮报的记者 |
[1:31:34] | Has some questions about Corky. | 问关于柯基的事 |
[1:31:37] | A reporter. | 记者 |
[1:31:42] | This is Evelyn Whitacre. | 我是伊夫林・维塔科尔 |
[1:31:46] | What do you mean, adopted? | 你什么意思 收养 |
[1:31:48] | Well, as his mother, I can assure you… | 作为他的母亲 我向您担保… |
[1:31:53] | that my husband and I were not killed in a car accident… | 我和我丈夫没有死于车祸 |
[1:31:57] | and Mark was not adopted by wealthy people. | 马克也不是被有钱人收养的 |
[1:32:06] | Mark’s been telling people that you and | 马克告诉人们我和你 |
[1:32:09] | I were killed in a car accident… | 死于车祸… |
[1:32:11] | and he was adopted by rich people. | 他被有钱人收养了 |
[1:32:15] | What do you make of that? | 你对这事有什么看法 |
[1:32:20] | That’s kind of weird. | 这太奇怪了 |
[1:32:23] | I read this study in Time Magazine when I was at Cornell. | 在康奈尔的时候 我在时代周刊上看到过相关研究 |
[1:32:27] | There were people including my mother | 很多人包括我母亲 |
[1:32:28] | who never believed I would make… | 从不相信我能进入… |
[1:32:30] | it into an Ivy League school. Maybe Ginger… | 常春藤联合会大学 |
[1:32:32] | who I met in the 8th grade. | 也许只有我在八年级时遇到的金吉尔相信 |
[1:32:34] | And the study said that people had nice, sympathetic feelings… | 研究表示人们更同情 |
[1:32:37] | about people who were adopted, and treated them better. | 更同情被收养的孩子 对他们更好 |
[1:32:40] | So I made up this adoption story and people did treat me better. | 我编造了收养的事 人们确实对我更好了 |
[1:32:43] | When I got a job, one of my professors | 当我得到工作 我的一位教授 |
[1:32:45] | told people at Ralston Purina… | 告诉罗尔斯顿-普里纳的人 |
[1:32:47] | I was this guy that had accomplished | 尽管我是被收养的 |
[1:32:49] | all of this in spite of being adopted. | 却是个学识渊博的人 |
[1:32:51] | So it was really other people who spread the story, not me. | 我的事真的是别人传出去的 不是我 |
[1:32:54] | I admit it was wrong to start it, | 我承认一开始就错了 |
[1:32:55] | it was other people who kept it going. | 是别人在继续这个错误 |
[1:32:57] | Even the people at ADM. | 甚至是ADM的人 |
[1:32:59] | My new lawyer sees that. | 我的新律师明白了 |
[1:33:02] | This all goes back many years… | 这要追溯到很多年前… |
[1:33:07] | before most of us were born. | 在我们出生之前 |
[1:33:10] | It’s bigger than any of us… | 这比我们任何人都强大… |
[1:33:13] | and it’s ongoing. | 而且还在进行 |
[1:33:16] | I know you’re skeptical, but I’ve seen it. | 我知道你们很怀疑 但我都见过了 |
[1:33:19] | My client, Mark Whitacre, has shown it to me. | 我的委托人 马克・维塔科尔 给我看过了 |
[1:33:24] | Maybe I am just a personal-injury lawyer | 或许我只是人身伤害诉讼律师 |
[1:33:26] | from Taylorville, “nowhere” Illinois… | 来自泰勒维尔 伊利诺斯州的乡下地方 |
[1:33:30] | but I tell you… | 我要说的是… |
[1:33:32] | I know the identity of the master puppeteer. | 我知道幕后操纵者的身份 |
[1:33:38] | – The who? – The master puppeteer. | -什么 -幕后操纵者 |
[1:33:42] | And it’s not who you’re thinking. | 不是你们所认为的人 |
[1:33:44] | Mark has tapes, tapes that the | 马克有录音带 政府不愿 |
[1:33:46] | government doesn’t want us to hear. | 让我们听到的录音带 |
[1:33:49] | Tapes that outline the actions of Brian Shepard… | 包括了布莱恩・谢帕德的行为 |
[1:33:52] | who hit Mark Whitacre with a briefcase… | 当马克与政府合作时 |
[1:33:55] | while Mark was cooperating with the government. | 布莱恩用公文包袭击马克・维塔科尔 |
[1:33:58] | My client has a letter from his psychiatrist… | 我的委托人有精神病医生的信 |
[1:34:01] | outlining and confirming the cruelty | 描述和认定布莱恩・谢帕德 |
[1:34:05] | perpetrated on him by Brian Shepard. | 对他犯下的一系列残酷罪行 |
[1:34:09] | A letter from his psychiatrist clearly | 精神病医生的信清楚的 |
[1:34:11] | exonerating my client from all wrongdoing. | 证明 我的委托人能免于一切罪名 |
[1:34:17] | “It is obvious that the FBI made some grand mistakes… | “很明显在如何处理和对待你的问题上… |
[1:34:21] | in how they handled and treated you.” there’s a phrase… | 联邦调查局犯了很多错误” 有个措辞 |
[1:34:24] | “grand mistakes.” …coming from a doctor. | “很多错误”… 是医生说的 |
[1:34:27] | “When one discusses suicide, this is a red flag. | “当谈论自杀时 是一种警告 |
[1:34:30] | When one discusses how they will do it, | 当他们谈论如何做时 |
[1:34:32] | then it is very, very serious. | 则非常 非常严重 |
[1:34:34] | I also feel that the FBI requiring you to do unethical conduct… | 我还觉得联邦调查局要求你对ADM… |
[1:34:37] | against ADM was another blunder… | 从事不道德行为是另一个错误… |
[1:34:40] | that forced you into a bipolar situation. | 强迫你陷入进退两难的情况 |
[1:34:43] | They should have known better and | 他们完全知道并注意到 |
[1:34:44] | noted that a medical problem exists. | 存在一个医学问题 |
[1:34:46] | From a medical point of view, this is | 从医学的角度 联邦调查局 |
[1:34:49] | attempted murder that the FBI did to you. | 对你的所作所为是谋杀未遂 |
[1:34:52] | From a legal view, your lawyer needs to decide what to do… | 从法律的角度 你的律师要决定做什么… |
[1:34:55] | and what the terminology is. | 术语是什么 |
[1:34:56] | I’ll support you in whatever you need. | 不论你需要什么我都支持你 |
[1:34:58] | You and your family have been through | 你和你的家庭为了政府 |
[1:35:00] | too much turmoil in working with the government. | 经历了太多变故 |
[1:35:02] | They should know better.” | 他们应该明白事理 |
[1:35:05] | That’s Dr. Miller. | 是米勒医生 |
[1:35:08] | I read the letter, Mark. | 我看过信了 马克 |
[1:35:11] | The problem with the letter is… | 信的问题是… |
[1:35:15] | it’s a lie. | 这是一个谎言 |
[1:35:17] | What are you talking about, Brian? | 你说什么 布莱恩 |
[1:35:20] | It’s on his letterhead. That’s his signature. | 有他的信头 有他的签名 |
[1:35:23] | – What are you talking about? – The area code, Mark. | -你在说什么 -区号 马克 |
[1:35:28] | In the letterhead? The area code 847? | 在信头 区号是847 |
[1:35:33] | This letter was written in November 1995. | 这封信是1995年11月写的 |
[1:35:36] | That area code didn’t exist then. | 那时还没有这个区号 |
[1:35:42] | Okay, but they announced that the change | 但他们要宣布区号改革 |
[1:35:45] | was coming. I even remember that. | 我记忆犹新 |
[1:35:47] | – People order their stationery early. – I thought about that. | -人们提前预定信纸 -我也这么想 |
[1:35:51] | So I asked the phone company. | 我问过电话公司 |
[1:35:57] | This is the press release announcing the new 847 area code. | 新闻稿宣布使用新区号847 |
[1:36:02] | It’s dated six days after your letter was written. | 日期是写这封信的六天后 |
[1:36:07] | Miller could not have known about it. | 米勒不可能提前知道这个 |
[1:36:15] | Ron Henkoff from fortune called | 财富杂志的罗恩・亨科夫 |
[1:36:16] | Dr. Miller and Miller confirmed the letter. | 打电话给米勒 他证实了这封信 |
[1:36:18] | If you talk to Henkoff… | 如果你跟亨科夫谈一谈… |
[1:36:24] | Ron Henkoff from fortune magazine… | 财富杂志的罗恩・亨科夫… |
[1:36:29] | verified the letter with Dr. Miller. | 跟米勒医生确认过这封信 |
[1:36:32] | I talked to Dr. Miller, Mark. You can’t… | 我跟米勒医生谈过 马克 你不能… |
[1:36:35] | That’s a violation of my doctor-patient confidentiality. | 这违反了我的医患保密协定 |
[1:36:38] | That’s a total violation of my doctor-patient confidentiality. | 完全违反了我的医患保密协定 |
[1:36:41] | You can’t call. | 你不能给米勒打电话 |
[1:36:43] | Doctor-patient confidentiality doesn’t apply to forgeries. | 医患保密协定不适用于伪造的东西 |
[1:36:48] | Then why did fortune magazine run the story? | 为什么财富杂志会刊登这件事 |
[1:36:52] | Well, why would Ron Henkoff, for fortune magazine… | 为什么财富杂志的罗恩・亨科夫会… |
[1:36:55] | put it in a cover story? | 把它作为封面 |
[1:36:57] | Stop it, Mark. | 别这样 马克 |
[1:37:00] | Henk… if you talk to Henkoff… | 亨科… 如果你跟亨科夫谈… |
[1:37:02] | You need to stop doing this to yourself. | 别再自欺欺人了 |
[1:37:07] | Why do you…? Why do you keep lying? | 你为什么… 为什么一直撒谎 |
[1:37:12] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[1:37:21] | Well, I think maybe I should go back to the hospital. | 我想或许我该回医院去 |
[1:37:26] | [1997年10月] | |
[1:37:29] | Case 97-2001, United States of America v. Mark Whitacre. | 97-2001卷宗 美利坚合众国对马克・维塔科尔起诉案 |
[1:37:37] | You have a right to make a statement, if you wish. | 你有权做自我陈述 如果你愿意 |
[1:37:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:37:49] | Uh… I really appreciate the opportunity… | 我很感谢有这个机会 |
[1:37:54] | to get up here and say a few words. Um… | 站在这里说几句话 |
[1:38:03] | What a ride. | 历经艰难 |
[1:38:08] | Been a long five years. | 持续了五年 |
[1:38:11] | A lot of memories. | 有很多回忆 |
[1:38:15] | I just really want to apologize to | 我真的很想 |
[1:38:17] | a lot of people in this room… | 向这里的许多人道歉 |
[1:38:19] | and a lot of people who aren’t in this room, um… | 还有不在这里的很多人 |
[1:38:24] | for my actions. | 为我的行为 |
[1:38:27] | I’m on medication now… | 我正在接受药物治疗… |
[1:38:30] | so I’m seeing things a lot more clearly. | 我更清楚地看到了一些事 |
[1:38:34] | And I just really want to… | 我真的很想… |
[1:38:41] | I’m so, so, so sorry. I greatly apologize… | 说声对不起 诚挚的道歉… |
[1:38:44] | and accept responsibility for my actions. That’s it. | 为我的行为负责 就是这些 |
[1:38:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:38:52] | To observe that Mr. is not the | 大致来说 维塔科尔先生 |
[1:38:55] | usual felon in a gross understatement. | 不同于寻常的重罪犯 |
[1:38:59] | He’s well-educated… | 他受过高等教育 |
[1:39:01] | has a loving wife and family, | 有贤惠的妻子和家庭 |
[1:39:03] | is well-respected in the community. | 有社会地位 |
[1:39:05] | It’s not inconceivable that, in due course… | 不难想象到 在适当的时候 |
[1:39:08] | he could have been CEO of Archer Daniels Midland. | 他会当选阿彻・丹尼尔 斯米德兰的CEO |
[1:39:13] | However, this court… | 然而 法庭… |
[1:39:18] | can find no clear connection between | 不能明确维塔科尔先生的 |
[1:39:20] | Mr. Whitacre’s bipolar disorder… | 躁郁症与 |
[1:39:22] | and the 45 counts of criminal | 他被指控的 |
[1:39:24] | misconduct he’s been charged with… | 四十五次犯罪行为有联系 |
[1:39:26] | just garden-variety greed. | 一切只因贪念 |
[1:39:28] | It’s very difficult to tell when | 我很难确定维塔科尔先生 |
[1:39:30] | Mr. Whitacre is telling the truth. | 是否说了真话 |
[1:39:33] | I don’t think what happened is fair… | 我认为发生的事不公平… |
[1:39:35] | when you look at me compared to Mick and Terry. | 当你看着我跟米克和泰瑞比较时 |
[1:39:38] | [2002年10月] | |
[1:39:39] | I mean, if you go and hold up your local grocery store… | 我是说 如果你去抢劫当地的杂货店 |
[1:39:42] | you get maybe five years in prison. | 你可能会坐五年牢 |
[1:39:44] | Mick and Terry held up every grocery store | 米克和泰瑞抢劫全世界的 |
[1:39:47] | in the worid and they got three. | 每间杂货店 判了三年 |
[1:39:50] | So you tell me how it makes sense that I get nine. | 你告诉我 我判九年说得过去吗 |
[1:39:54] | You should consider that, Mr. President… | 当总统先生审核赦免请求时… |
[1:39:57] | when reviewing this request for pardon. | 再考虑这个情况 |
[1:39:59] | I’d also like to take this opportunity… | 我也想用这个机会… |
[1:40:01] | to apologize on behalf of myself and my wife, | 代表自己和我妻子金吉尔 |
[1:40:05] | Ginger… to special agent Brian Shepard. | 向布莱恩・谢帕德特别探员道歉 |
[1:40:07] | He never hit me with a briefcase or told me to destroy tapes. | 他从未用公文包袭击过我或者让我毁坏录音带 |
[1:40:11] | The idea to sue him came from someone inside ADM. | 起诉他的主意是ADM内部的人出的 |
[1:40:16] | I shouldn’t have listened. I don’t even remember who it was. | 我不应该采纳 我甚至不记得是谁说的 |
[1:40:20] | While I was there at ADM, I lived so many lives, | 当我在ADM时 扮演了很多角色 |
[1:40:23] | I didn’t really know who I was. | 真的不知道我是谁 |
[1:40:26] | And I know today more who I am and | 今天我更清楚我是谁 |
[1:40:28] | what I really want out of life. | 我真正需要的是设呢 |
[1:40:31] | I’ve completed three postgraduate degrees while in detention… | 在监狱里我读完了三个硕士学位 |
[1:40:36] | A J.D., which is, of course, a law degree… | A J.D. 当然 是法学学位… |
[1:40:39] | another advanced degree in the psychology of jury selection. | 另一个是挑选陪审团的心理学 |
[1:40:43] | I sleep better here in prison than I have in years. | 这几年来 我在牢里睡得是最踏实的 |
[1:40:46] | My wife, Ginger, has forgiven me. | 我妻子金吉尔 已经原谅了我 |
[1:40:50] | She actually believes that this incident with ADM… | 实际上结婚20多年 她相信 |
[1:40:53] | brought us closer together in a marriage of over 20 years. | 这件事让我们走得更近了 |
[1:40:57] | And I hope you’ll allow me to leave here… | 我希望您能允许我离开这里… |
[1:41:00] | so that I can rejoin that life | 那样我就能和家人重聚 |
[1:41:01] | with my family, my three kids… | 我的三个孩子 |
[1:41:03] | two of whom are adopted. | 其中两个是收养的 |
[1:41:05] | Especially in light of the fact that | 特别是鉴于 |
[1:41:07] | in large part because of my testimony… | 由于我的部分证词… |
[1:41:09] | the united states government has | 到今天美国政府 |
[1:41:11] | to date been able to collect… | 已征收大公司的 |
[1:41:13] | over one billion dollars in | 垄断价格罚款 |
[1:41:14] | price-fixing fines from big businesses. | 超过十亿美元 |
[1:41:17] | So that’s it. Thanks. | 就这些 谢谢 |
[1:41:31] | Good luck with the pardon, Mark. | 祝赦免顺利 马克 |
[1:41:33] | Thanks Bob. Thanks for helping me remember everything. | 谢谢鲍勃 为帮助我恢复记忆表示感谢 |
[1:41:37] | I wish Brian could have come. | 希望布莱恩也会来 |
[1:41:39] | – Well, he’s still pretty angry. – Yeah. | -他还是很生气 -是的 |
[1:41:43] | Well, tell him I’m real sorry. Will you do that? | 告诉他我很抱歉 会转告吗 |
[1:41:46] | Sure, Mark. | 当然 马克 |
[1:41:48] | The irony is if I hadn’t gone undercover… | 讽刺的是如果我不去做间谍 |
[1:41:50] | I never would have stole the 11 and a half million. | 我永远不会盗取这一千五百万美元 |
[1:41:53] | It was my way out. | 这是我的出路 |
[1:41:54] | It was my severance. What else was I gonna do? | 我的遣散费 我还能做什么 |
[1:41:56] | I had to write my own. | 我必须写我自己的 |
[1:41:58] | Work detail. | 工作细节 |
[1:42:00] | See you, Bob. | 再见 鲍勃 |
[1:42:01] | – Eleven and a half million? – What? | -一千五百万 -什么 |
[1:42:04] | I thought it was nine and a half. | 我以为是九百五十万 |
[1:42:06] | – What did I say? – You said 11 and a half. | -我刚说了什么 -你说一千五百万 |
[1:42:09] | You do know that the people at ADM think you were the mole. | 你知道ADM的人认为我是内鬼 |
[1:42:13] | That you planted the virus, then made it go away. | 你放了病毒 后来又清除了病毒 |
[1:42:17] | The 11 and a half is with the interest. | 一千五百万关系到利益 |
[1:42:21] | Mark, is it nine and a half or 11 and a half? | 马克 到底是九百五十万还是一千五百万 |
[1:42:25] | I don’t know,. | 我不知道 鲍勃 |
[1:42:28] | You tell me. | 你告诉我 |
[1:42:34] | [根据联邦调查局 美国税务局的调查 ADM决定对全部有争议的资金负有责任] | |
[1:42:43] | [维塔科尔最终承认贪污是他个人的想法] | |
[1:42:49] | [民事赔偿和政府罚款 ADM支付超过五十亿 公司管理层已更新] | |
[1:43:00] | [米克・安德里亚斯和泰瑞・威尔逊 被判三年有期徒刑 于2002年被释放] | |
[1:43:09] | [南卡罗来纳 埃奇菲尔德 2006年12月] | |
[1:43:40] | [马克・维塔科尔现在是赛普拉斯系统公司的 首席运营官和总裁] | |
[1:43:46] | [他没有得到总统的赦免] |