英文名称:The Iron Lady
年代:2011
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:21] | In my asset 30 ecommerce bic can get away with it like that. | 在我持有的第30组资产里 电子商务资产可以避免这种情况 |
[01:24] | My ability allay yourself. | 我能帮你脱困 |
[01:26] | OK… Well, I’ll see you tomorrow then. 10 o’clock… | 那好 明天见 十点整 |
[01:36] | One forty-nine please. | 请付一英镑四十九便士 |
[01:41] | How much is the milk? | 牛奶多少钱 |
[01:42] | Forty-nine pence. | 四十九便士 |
[01:49] | Take your change. | 找您的钱 |
[01:50] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[01:57] | One-twenty. Thank you. | 一英镑二十便士 谢谢你 |
[02:35] | Too much. Much too much butter. | 太多了 黄油太多了 |
[02:37] | I like butter. | 我爱吃黄油 |
[02:46] | Milk’s gone up. | 牛奶涨价了 |
[02:49] | Forty-nine P a pint. | 每品脱四十九便士 |
[02:52] | Good grief! We’ll have to economise. | 天啊 我们得省吃俭用了 |
[02:56] | I suppose we could always sell the car. | 我们可以把车卖了 |
[02:59] | Or take in paying guests! | 或者用车拉客 |
[03:04] | Watch out. She’s on the prowl. | 当心 她正在四处找你 |
[03:14] | Eat your egg. | 吃你的蛋吧 |
[03:19] | Goodness! There you are. | 天 你在这里 |
[03:22] | Yes. Here we are. | 对 我们在这里 |
[03:35] | How did this happen? | 怎么会这样 |
[03:36] | How could she possibly have got out? | 她怎么可能出去呢 |
[03:39] | It’s very very important that the front door is left locked. | 千万注意前门一定要上锁 |
[03:42] | – Of course. – Would you please make it clear to whoever is on after you. | -当然 -请务必跟接你班的人交代清楚 |
[03:47] | I’m afraid I’m going to offend the station about this. | 恐怕我得因此责怪站岗的人 |
[03:49] | Anything could have happend. | 任何事都可能发生 |
[03:50] | I understand. | 我明白 |
[03:51] | Mariash, she’s starting to clean her husband’s cup and serve. | 玛利亚 她开始洗她丈夫的杯子 并且为他准备早餐 |
[03:55] | – I may need your help. – Yes. | -我需要你的帮助 -好的 |
[03:57] | – Can you bring up any cases that you can find in your basement and… – Of course. | -能否把地下室里所有能找到的案例都拿过来然后 -当然 |
[04:01] | We have to make sure.. | 我们必须保证 |
[04:14] | Beautiful day. | 天气真好 |
[04:16] | Oh, you’ve made a start. | 你开始整理了 |
[04:17] | Carol’s coming soon, I’ll get some bags. | 卡洛马上就到 我去拿些袋子来 |
[04:22] | Anything you want to go to Mark, I’ll bring up a suitcase for it. | 凡是要给马克的东西 我会拿个旅行箱来装 |
[04:34] | No no no no. The grey. | 不不不不 灰色的 |
[04:37] | You sure? | 你确定吗 |
[04:48] | Yes. …Definitely the grey. | 对 绝对应该穿灰色的 |
[04:52] | Righty ho. | 没问题 |
[04:54] | Boss knows best. | 你是老板你做主 |
[05:05] | Don’t let her take my paper away. | 别让她把我的报纸拿走 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1646个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:338个,六级词汇:153个,GRE词汇:182个,托福词汇:248个,考研词汇:359个,专四词汇:300个,专八词汇:65个, 所有生词标注共:626个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[05:08] | Oh, I haven’t had a chance to look at that yet, dear. | 我还没来得及读呢 亲爱的 |
[05:11] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[05:14] | Atta-girl. | 好姑娘 |
[05:18] | Damn. | 该死的 |
[05:21] | Blot it. Blot it. | 用纸吸 用纸吸 |
[05:24] | Pardon? | 您说什么 |
[05:33] | You suppose to be looking after her | 你本该看着她 |
[05:34] | Now look what you’ve done. | 现在看你做的好事 |
[05:38] | Are they to keep the loonies out or you in? | 他们是防备疯子闯进来还是怕你跑出去 |
[05:44] | I’ll be off then. | 我该出发了 |
[05:46] | Wear your scarf. | 戴上围巾 |
[05:48] | There’s a chill out there. | 外面可冷了 |
[05:54] | Good morning Lady Thatcher. | 早上好 撒切尔夫人 |
[05:56] | Are you alright? How are you feeling? | 您还好吗 感觉怎么样 |
[05:59] | I’m fine, thank you Susie. | 我很好 谢谢你 苏西 |
[06:03] | I’ve just been reading about the bombings. | 我正在读爆炸案的新闻 |
[06:05] | Yes. Frightful. | 对 很可怕 |
[06:15] | Sorry. | 对不起 |
[06:18] | These are the books for you to sign. | 这些是需要您签名的书 |
[06:20] | I brought as many as I could find. | 能找到的我都带来了 |
[06:23] | Shall we go through your appointments? | 我们可以讨论一下您的行程吗 |
[06:28] | We said we’d go through them today. | 我们说过要今天讨论的 |
[06:30] | Yes, | 对 |
[06:32] | of course, dear. Today. | 当然 亲爱的 就今天 |
[06:33] | The invitation has come from | 唐宁街发来的邀请函 |
[06:34] | Downing Street for the unveiling of your portrait. | 请您出席您画像的揭幕式 |
[06:36] | I’ll put it on the mantelpiece, | 我会把它放在壁炉台上 |
[06:38] | and there’s an invitation from Lord Armstrong for | 还有一个邀请函是阿姆斯特朗勋爵发来的 |
[06:40] | lunch on the first Friday of next month. | 邀请您在下个月第一个星期五共进午宴 |
[06:43] | I said no because you’ve got | 我拒绝了 因为您在那天下午 |
[06:44] | a concert that afternoon but if you’d like to… | 要出席一个音乐会 但如果您想去的话 |
[06:47] | It looks like a very interesting programme. | 这看起来是一个很有趣的活动 |
[06:50] | What are they playing? | 音乐会都有什么曲目 |
[06:53] | Well I… I think they said… | 我记得他们说是 |
[06:57] | Rogers and Hammerstein. | 罗杰斯和海默斯坦的作品 |
[07:32] | Silly man. | 傻男人 |
[07:35] | He hasn’t got his scarf on. | 他没戴围巾 |
[08:19] | Did someone cover the butter? | 有人把黄油盖住了吗 |
[08:22] | I’ll go. | 我去 |
[08:23] | – Leave it. – Margaret. | -别管它了 -玛格丽特 |
[08:33] | Good girl. | 好姑娘 |
[08:36] | Tomorrow, | 明天 |
[08:38] | no matter what they do, | 不管他们干什么 |
[08:40] | it’ll be business as usual. | 我们都正常开张 |
[08:45] | Two of the small beef, Mr. Roberts. | 两罐小牛肉 罗伯茨先生 |
[08:48] | What is the life blood of any community? | 社会的命脉是什么 |
[08:52] | It’s business. | 是商业 |
[08:53] | Not just big business but small businesses, like mine. | 不只是大生意 也包括小生意 就像我的 |
[08:56] | Margaret! CUPS! | 玛格丽特 杯子 |
[08:57] | We on this island are strong. | 我们在这座岛上是强大的 |
[09:00] | We’re self-reliant. | 我们自力更生 |
[09:01] | Sometimes we’re plain bloody minded. | 有时候我们显然很自私 |
[09:04] | But we also believe in helping each other. | 但我们也赞成互相帮助 |
[09:07] | And I don’t mean by state hand-outs… | 我不是指政府的救济 |
[09:09] | Margaret, do you want to come to the pictures? | 玛格丽特 一起去看电影吗 |
[09:11] | She’s not coming out, she’s got to study. | 她不能出来 她要学习 |
[09:13] | Miss Hoity Toity! | 傲慢的大小姐 |
[09:15] | Never run with the crowd, Margaret. | 永远不要随大流 玛格丽特 |
[09:17] | Go your own way. | 走你自己的路 |
[09:20] | …your own way… | 你自己的路 |
[09:23] | Never run with the crowd… | 永远不要随大流 |
[09:25] | Open it then. | 拆开它吧 |
[09:26] | 邮局电报 免费送达 玛格丽特·罗伯茨 北大街1-3号 | |
[09:31] | I’ve got a place at Oxford. | 我被牛津大学录取了 |
[09:38] | Don’t let me down Margaret. | 别让我失望 玛格丽特 |
[09:41] | Mother! | 母亲 |
[09:46] | My hands are still damp. | 我的手还湿着 |
[09:55] | Margaret Roberts | 玛格丽特·罗伯茨 |
[10:11] | Margaret! CUPS! | 玛格丽特 杯子 |
[10:20] | They’re talking about you again. | 他们又在谈论你了 |
[10:23] | What time is it? | 几点了 |
[10:27] | Sun’s not quite over the yardarm. | 太阳还没有落到桅横杆 |
[10:29] | Time for tea. | 该喝下午茶了 |
[10:34] | Margaret. | 玛格丽特 |
[10:37] | What have you got on your head? | 你头上戴的是什么 |
[10:40] | Found it in the cupboard. | 在壁橱里找到的 |
[10:41] | And thought bugger it, it’s Friday, why not fancy dress? | 我心想管他的呢 今天周五 为什么不穿华丽点 |
[10:44] | You look ridiculous. | 你看起来真滑稽 |
[10:46] | Bosslady no like? | 老板娘不喜欢吗 |
[10:48] | No, Denis, Bosslady no like. | 不 丹尼斯 老板娘不喜欢 |
[10:51] | …made a start, that’s the main thing. | …开个头 这是最主要的 |
[10:54] | No, no, no, it’s coming fine. | 不 不 不 状况还行 |
[10:56] | But it’s taken Carl eight years | 但是卡洛花了八年时间 |
[10:58] | to persuade her to let this thinkings go. | 才说服她不再固执 |
[11:00] | Feet! | 脚 |
[11:03] | Well it’s her pills. | 是她的药 |
[11:06] | You can never be sure she’s taken them. | 没办法确定她是不是吃了 |
[11:07] | I think sometime she hides them. | 我想她有时候把药藏起来 |
[11:09] | Oh, rumbled. | 被发现了吧 |
[11:12] | She’s definitely more distracted than usual today. | 今天她的精神状况肯定比往常更不好 |
[11:16] | Can I suggest you remove the sticker from the back of your car. | 能不能建议您把车后的贴纸撕掉 |
[11:19] | Sorry, it’s always cash. | 对不起 一直是收现金的 |
[11:20] | – Always cash. – Well then take the sticker off! | -一直收现金 -那就撕掉贴纸 |
[11:21] | I call that false advertising! Wouldn’t you? | 我认为这是虚假广告 你觉得呢 |
[11:23] | I’ll got another pos… – I would say keep the change… | -我会装一台收款机… -我本来想说不用找了 |
[11:25] | – but there isn’t any change. – I… I got to go. | -但是没剩零头 -我 我要走了 |
[11:26] | Hello June, any news? I’ve brought every bag I could find. | 你好啊 朱恩 一向可好 我把能找到的包都带来了 |
[11:37] | Hello Ma. | 你好 妈 |
[11:39] | Bloody taxi driver. Wouldn’t take my card. | 该死的出租车司机 不让我刷卡 |
[11:41] | I said don’t have a sticker | 我说如果只收现金的话 |
[11:43] | saying you take Visa and then insist on cash. | 就不要贴可刷Visa卡的贴纸 |
[11:47] | Can you believe it? | 你能相信吗 |
[11:48] | I was rummaging around the bottom of my bag. | 我把包翻了个底朝天 |
[11:49] | He didn’t get a tip. | 没给他小费 |
[11:54] | I didn’t know that you were dropping by today, dear. | 我不知道你今天会过来 亲爱的 |
[12:00] | Yes, you said yesterday… | 对 昨天你说 |
[12:01] | You wanted to make a start on Dad’s things. | 你想开始整理爸爸的东西 |
[12:04] | The cupboards. Then I can help you dress. | 整理壁橱 然后我帮你打扮 |
[12:06] | Got Michael and… | 你约了迈克尔和… |
[12:08] | – Jaqueline… – Coming for dinner tonight. | -杰奎琳 -今晚过来吃晚饭 |
[12:11] | Yes, of course. | 是的 当然 |
[12:14] | We’re having halibut. | 我们吃比目鱼 |
[12:18] | – …this is live broadcast from our capital. – Oh God. | -这是发自首都的现场直播 -上帝啊 |
[12:22] | – As you can see for yourself, people are still trapped there. – Isn’t it terrible? | -如你所见 还有人困在里面 -太可怕了 |
[12:24] | They think it’s Al-Qa’ida. | 他们认为是基地恐怖组织干的 |
[12:26] | …and the firefighter are trying to get all the people out of the building. | 消防队员正在试图把所有人救出来 |
[12:30] | The Prime Minister and… | 首相和… |
[12:35] | It’ll be fine. Come on, get your head down, | 没事的 来吧 睡一会儿 |
[12:38] | it’s ten to three, for God’s sake. | 已经两点五十了 看在上帝的份上 |
[12:40] | At ten to three this morning an explosion… | 今早两点五十分 布莱顿的格兰德大酒店 |
[12:43] | extensively damaged the Grand Hotel in Brighton | 遭受炸弹袭击 受损严重 |
[12:46] | …Brighton, scene of the Conservative Party conference… | …布莱顿 保守党会议现场… |
[12:48] | Which the Prime Minister | 首相和 |
[12:49] | and a number of her cabinet were staying. | 许多内阁成员都在这家酒店下榻 |
[12:52] | They escaped unhurt. But it’s reported… | 他们没有受伤 安全撤出 但是据报道… |
[12:53] | Five people have died, many others are injured, some critically. | 五人遇难 多人受伤 部分伤势严重 |
[12:58] | The IRA have claimed responsibility. | 爱尔兰共和军声称对该事件负责 |
[13:03] | We must release a statement, | 我们必须发表声明 |
[13:06] | offering our condolences. | 表示哀悼 |
[13:09] | I’m sure they’ve already… | 我肯定他们已经发表了 |
[13:10] | We must never, ever, ever give in to terrorists. | 我们决不向恐怖分子低头 |
[13:19] | It’s warm in here. | 这里太暖和了 |
[13:23] | Now ma, are we going long or just below the knee tonight? | 妈 穿长裙还是穿过膝短裙呢 |
[13:26] | Oh, below the knee I should think. | 我觉得应该穿过膝短裙 |
[13:31] | No! Don’t… | 不 别动 |
[13:33] | Don’t move those. I haven’t finished sorting them. | 别动那些 我还整理好 |
[13:46] | I hear you went out today. | 我听说你今天出去了 |
[13:50] | You mustn’t go out on your own, mummy. We’ve talked about that. | 你不能自己出去 妈妈 我们谈过了 |
[13:54] | There was no milk. | 没有牛奶了 |
[13:56] | Call Robert he’ll get it for you if June’s not up… | 如果朱恩不在的话就打电话给罗伯特 他会买给你 |
[13:59] | I am not for the knackers yet. | 我还没老到不中用 |
[14:01] | Now take it easy, Margaret. | 别生气 玛格丽特 |
[14:03] | No one is saying that. | 没人那样说 |
[14:06] | If I can’t go out to buy a | 如果我连出去买一品脱牛奶都不行 |
[14:08] | pint of milk then what is the world coming to. | 那叫什么世道 |
[14:11] | Really Carol… | 卡洛 说真的 |
[14:13] | Please don’t fuss about it. | 别再过分关心我 |
[14:17] | You’ve always been like this, fuss fuss fuss. | 你总是这样 瞎忙得让我烦心 |
[14:21] | You must find something better to do with your time. | 有时间找点别的事情做 |
[14:26] | It’s most unattractive in a woman. | 女人这点最不招人喜欢 |
[14:29] | When I was your age… | 我跟你一样大的时候 |
[14:31] | the last thing I wanted to do was fuss around my mother. | 我最不愿做的事情就是让我妈心烦 |
[14:38] | Four down, nine letters. | 第四列 九个字母 |
[14:40] | Something b something t something n… | 什么b 什么t 什么n |
[14:43] | something something somthing… | 什么什么什么 |
[14:44] | Refusal to change course. | 拒绝改变习惯的程序 |
[14:48] | Obstinate. | 顽固 |
[14:50] | What? | 什么 |
[14:51] | You get it. | 你猜对了 |
[14:54] | I’ll wear the pearls. | 我要戴珍珠项链 |
[14:58] | I’ll wear the pearls. | 我要戴珍珠项链 |
[15:09] | There they are. | 就是它们 |
[15:11] | My little twins. | 我的双链项链 |
[15:16] | Thank you, dear. | 谢谢你 亲爱的 |
[15:19] | It’s nearly all familiar faces, | 几乎都是熟悉的面孔 |
[15:21] | William, Michael and his lovely wife… | 威廉姆 迈克尔和他可爱的太太 |
[15:24] | Jacqueline. | 杰奎琳 |
[15:25] | And then there’s Peter, | 还有皮特 |
[15:26] | James R and James T… | 詹姆士·R和詹姆士·T |
[15:29] | and that very nice man. | 还有那个非常友好的男士 |
[15:31] | – We met last year. – I remember. I remember. | -我们去年见过 -我记得 我记得 |
[15:34] | I think he’s bringing his new lady friend | 我猜他会带着他的新女伴 |
[15:35] | just to mix it up a bit. | 平衡一下男女比例 |
[15:37] | Cos we’re rather short on women. But I’m sure we’ll manage. | 女来宾的确比较少 但我相信我们有办法 |
[15:41] | I’ve always preferred the company of men. | 我一直更喜欢跟男士相处 |
[15:46] | Ma? | 妈 |
[15:57] | Ah, Miss Roberts. | 罗伯茨小姐 |
[15:58] | Hoping to be chosen as our candidate for parliament. | 她希望成为议会的候选议员 |
[16:03] | Well I don’t like coalitions, I never have… | 我不喜欢联合政府 从来都不喜欢 |
[16:16] | Start on the outside and work your way in. | 从外向里拿 |
[16:19] | Attlee has his sights set | 艾特里瞄准了钢铁工业 |
[16:20] | on the steel industry, you mark my words. | 我说的准没错 |
[16:23] | They’ll be nationalizing the bloody air next. | 下一步他们连该死的空气都要收归国有了 |
[16:25] | Yes, hold your breath, sir, that’s government property! | 没错 屏住呼吸吧 先生 这可是国有资产 |
[16:28] | Dreadful. | 太糟糕了 |
[16:29] | So was your father a political man, too, Miss Roberts? | 您的父亲也是政客吗 罗伯茨小姐 |
[16:33] | Oh, yes, to his core. | 对 彻底的政治家 |
[16:36] | And Mayor of Grantham. | 是葛朗特汉姆市长 |
[16:38] | And a grocer as well! | 也是一名杂货铺老板 |
[16:41] | Yes. | 没错 |
[16:42] | And did you help, in the… | 你也去帮忙吗 |
[16:45] | – Oh, yes. – shop? | -是的 -去店里 |
[16:47] | It was a family business. | 那是家族产业 |
[16:49] | A very good starting point for the political life, I’m sure. | 我确认这是政治生涯的绝好开端 |
[16:52] | That and a degree from Oxford. | 再加上一个牛津大学的学位 |
[17:01] | No dear. Whisky. | 不 威士忌 |
[17:10] | What I do think is that a man | 我真的觉得 |
[17:12] | should be encouraged to stand on his own two feet. | 应该鼓励男人学会自立 |
[17:15] | Yes we help people of course we help people. | 没错 我们帮助别人 我们当然会帮助别人 |
[17:18] | But for those that can do… | 但是他们力所能及的事情 |
[17:20] | they must just get up and do. | 还是应该由自己来做 |
[17:24] | And if something’s wrong, they shouldn’t just whine about it… | 如果出了问题 他们不应该只是叫苦连天 |
[17:27] | they should get in there | 他们应该置身其中 |
[17:29] | and DO something about it, change things. | 着手实干 改善困境 |
[17:31] | With all due respect, Miss Roberts, | 无意冒犯 罗伯茨小姐 |
[17:33] | what may have served in Grantham… | 葛朗特汉姆的成功经验 |
[17:35] | Can serve very well for the people of Dartford too. | 一定对达特福德的民众有益 |
[17:38] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[17:38] | I know much more than those | 比起那些从来没有过过拮据生活的人 |
[17:40] | who have never lived on a limited income. | 我知道的更多 |
[17:42] | Just like the man or woman in the street, | 就像街头的流浪男女一样 |
[17:45] | when I am short one week, | 如果我这周手头紧 |
[17:47] | I have to make economies the next. | 下周就一定要节衣缩食 |
[17:49] | Nothing like a slice of fiscal responsibility. | 什么也比不上财政责任 |
[17:52] | A man might call it fiscal responsibility, | 男人称之为财政责任 |
[17:55] | a woman might call it good housekeeping. | 女人称之为持家有道 |
[17:58] | I’m not sure… | 我觉得 |
[18:00] | a home economics lesson is quite what… | 达特福德选民需要的 |
[18:04] | the Dartford constituents need. | 并不是一堂家庭经济课 |
[18:06] | They see industry being nationalized… | 他们看到了工业国有化 |
[18:09] | the unions on the up, the pound on the slide… | 工会高高在上 英镑下跌 |
[18:13] | whoever can sort that lot out, he’s my man. | 谁能把这些事情理清楚 他就是我要选的人 |
[18:18] | Or woman? | 女人可以吗 |
[18:24] | Ladies, shall we? | 女士们 请吧 |
[18:27] | Miss Roberts, do join the ladies. | 罗伯茨小姐 和女士们一起去吧 |
[18:46] | That’s told us! | 我们受到教了 |
[18:52] | So, Margaret, how would you | 玛格丽特 如果 |
[18:53] | have dealt with this if you’d been Prime Minister? | 你是首相的话会怎么处理这件事 |
[18:57] | Where? | 什么 |
[18:59] | The bombings, mummy. | 炸弹袭击 妈妈 |
[19:01] | Today. | 今天的 |
[19:04] | We were just talking about them. | 我们刚才一直在谈论这件事 |
[19:09] | No, uhm, yes – we have always lived alongside evil. | 不 是的 我们一直跟邪恶共存 |
[19:13] | But it has never been so patient, | 但他们从来没有如此耐心 |
[19:18] | so avid for carnage, so | 如此热衷屠杀 |
[19:20] | eager to carry innocents with it into oblivion. | 如此渴望让无辜的生命被漠视 |
[19:24] | – Yes. – So, Margaret… | -没错 – 玛格丽特 |
[19:26] | Western civilization must root out this evil, wherever it hides, | 西方文明必须根除这种邪恶 不管它躲在哪里 |
[19:31] | or she risks defeat at | 否则我们就要冒着 |
[19:33] | the hands of global terror in a nuclear age. | 在核武器时代被全球恐怖主义打败的风险 |
[19:36] | Unimaginable! | 无法想象 |
[19:38] | The Prime Minister gave a very good statement I thought. | 我觉得首相的声明十分精彩 |
[19:40] | Yes. Clever man. Quite a smoothie. | 对 他很聪明 非常圆滑 |
[19:45] | Madam Thatcher, it’s been such a pleasure to meet you. | 撒切尔夫人 非常荣幸见到您 |
[19:47] | – Yes. You don’t mind if I sit down… – No. | -你好 我坐下您不介意吧 -不介意 |
[19:51] | I heard you speak at conference in Brighton in 1984 | 在1984年爱尔兰共和军炸毁布莱顿的格兰德酒店后 |
[19:55] | just after the IRA bombed the Grand Hotel. | 我听过你在集会上的讲话 |
[19:59] | You were remarkable. | 非常精彩 |
[20:03] | I hope you appreciate what an | 我希望您知道 |
[20:04] | inspiration you have been for women like myself. | 您鼓舞了很多像我这样的女人 |
[20:08] | Well it used to be about trying to do something. | 从前政治是关于如何做事 |
[20:14] | Now its about trying to be someone. | 现在是关于如何出名 |
[20:24] | Well anyway, I…thank you. | 不论如何 我 感谢你 |
[20:26] | – Good night, Lady Thatcher. – Good night to you. | -晚安 撒切尔夫人 -晚安 |
[20:48] | OK. Hold on to me. Other side. | 好 扶着我 另一只 |
[20:56] | Do the clasp, I can’t quite… | 帮我解开 我够不到 |
[20:59] | OK | 好的 |
[21:05] | You’ve got an eyelash. | 睫毛掉了一根 |
[21:09] | Make a wish. | 许个愿吧 |
[21:21] | I spoke to Doctor Michael today. | 我今天跟迈克尔医生谈过了 |
[21:26] | He is very good and very expensive. | 他医术非常好 收费也非常贵 |
[21:30] | I know you’re not due to see him for another month. | 我知道再过一个月你才应该去见他 |
[21:34] | but I’ve spoken to him and he can fit you in tomorrow. | 但是我跟他谈过了 他能安排时间明天见你 |
[21:39] | Just for a check up. | 只是一次检查 |
[21:42] | Ma, please! | 妈 求你了 |
[21:45] | What does Mark think about it? | 马克有什么意见 |
[21:49] | Mark? | 马克 |
[21:53] | Yes. Tell him to come up. I want to talk to him about it. | 对 叫他来 我想跟他谈谈这件事 |
[21:58] | Mark’s with Sarah and the children. | 马克和萨拉还有孩子们在一起 |
[22:06] | Well tell him to come up and see me after he’s… | 在他给他们晚安吻之后 |
[22:09] | kissed them good night, would you Carol darling? | 让他来见我 可以吗 卡洛亲爱的 |
[22:30] | He’s not here Mummy. | 他不在这里 妈妈 |
[22:35] | Mark lives in South Africa… | 马克住在南非 |
[22:40] | and you are not Prime Minister anymore… | 你已经不再是首相了 |
[22:47] | and Dad is… | 而且爸爸已经 |
[22:50] | Dad is dead. | 爸爸已经去世了 |
[23:00] | You look exhausted, dear. | 你看起来累坏了 亲爱的 |
[23:06] | You really must try to get some sleep. | 你真的必须睡了 |
[23:15] | Taxis’ll be few and far between at this hour… | 这个时候出租车很少 |
[23:24] | Righty-ho. Night night Ma. Sleep well. | 没错 晚安啦 妈 睡个好觉 |
[23:27] | Good night, dear. | 晚安 亲爱的 |
[24:16] | Twenty-four-year-old Miss Margaret Roberts | 二十四岁的玛格丽特·罗伯茨小姐 |
[24:18] | lost her bid to win a seat in Parliament today, | 今天未能竞选成功获得议会席位 |
[24:21] | but she has put new life | 但她为达特富德的保守党 |
[24:22] | into the Dartford Conservative Association. | 注入了新的活力 |
[24:24] | Winning candidate Mr Dodds had better watch out, | 获胜的候选人道兹先生最好当心 |
[24:27] | this bright young woman is on his tail. | 这位聪明的年轻女士将紧追不放 |
[24:40] | Eat! | 吃 |
[24:43] | Disaster. | 太不幸了 |
[24:44] | Hang on… Hang on… | 等等 等等 |
[24:47] | Hang on | 等等 |
[24:52] | You shaved thousands off the majority. You did splendidly. | 你争取到了多数选民中的数千人 你干得棒极了 |
[24:55] | Not splendidly enough. | 还不够好 |
[24:58] | Ah I see. | 我明白了 |
[25:00] | Self pity. | 顾影自怜 |
[25:03] | No one is saying you don’t need a safe seat. | 没人说你不需要一个安全席位 |
[25:06] | You deserve a safe seat. | 你配得上 |
[25:10] | But it does not come unless you learn to play the game a little. | 但它不会自己送上门 除非你学会一点游戏技巧 |
[25:12] | What game? | 什么游戏 |
[25:13] | You are a grocer’s daughter. | 你是杂货商的女儿 |
[25:16] | – And proud of being. – in their eyes… | -我非常自豪 -在他们眼里 |
[25:20] | A single grocer’s daughter. | 你只是一名杂货商的女儿 |
[25:24] | But if you were to become the | 但是如果你即将成为 |
[25:25] | wife of a moderately successful businessman, | 温和派成功商人的妻子 |
[25:27] | you’d get to parliament, | 你肯定能进议会 |
[25:29] | and I’d get to be the happiest man in… | 而我将成为你获胜的选区里 |
[25:33] | in wherever they select you. | 最快乐的人 |
[25:49] | Margaret, will you marry me? | 玛格丽特 你愿意嫁给我吗 |
[25:56] | Well? | 怎么样 |
[26:02] | Yes. Yes! | 愿意 愿意 |
[26:07] | What? | 怎么了 |
[26:09] | I love you so much but… | 我是如此地爱你 但是 |
[26:11] | I will never be one of those women, Denis, | 丹尼斯 我永远也不会成为那种 |
[26:14] | who stays silent and pretty on the arm of her husband, | 挽着丈夫臂弯平和美丽的女人 |
[26:19] | or remote and alone in the kitchen, | 或者远离世事独自在厨房里 |
[26:20] | doing the washing up for that matter. | 做着擦洗家务 |
[26:24] | – We’ll get a help for that. – No… | -我们可以请人做家务 -不 |
[26:26] | One’s life must matter, Denis. | 人的一生必须有意义 丹尼斯 |
[26:31] | Beyond the cooking and the cleaning and the children, | 除了做饭 洗衣服 生孩子 |
[26:34] | one’s life must mean more than that! | 人的一生必须更有意义 |
[26:37] | I cannot die washing up a tea cup. | 我不想洗一辈子的茶杯 |
[26:42] | I mean it Denis, | 这是我的真心话 丹尼斯 |
[26:46] | say you understand. | 说你明白 |
[26:49] | That’s why I want to marry you, my dear. | 这正是我想娶你的原因 亲爱的 |
[27:10] | Now eat. | 开吃吧 |
[28:16] | There they are, my little twins. | 我的小心肝们来啦 |
[28:27] | Oh, Mark. | 马克 |
[28:34] | Cornwall, wasn’t it? Bloody hell… | 康沃尔 是吧 多美 |
[28:40] | Look at them, little imps. | 瞧瞧他们 小淘气 |
[28:47] | You never really got golf, did you? | 你从没学会打高尔夫 是吧 |
[28:52] | You look happy. | 你看起来很高兴 |
[28:54] | Yes, I do, don’t I? You’re drinking too much. | 是啊 为什么不呢 你喝太多了 |
[29:01] | Whatcha doing? | 你在干什么 |
[29:02] | Not like you. Looking back. | 我可不像你 总留恋过去 |
[29:04] | Don’t want to dig around too deep, M. | 别什么都想弄清楚 M |
[29:06] | Don’t know what you might find. | 你不知道会发现什么 |
[29:10] | You can rewind it, but you can’t change it. | 你能倒带 但不能改变过去 |
[29:15] | They grow up so fast. | 他们这么快就长大了 |
[29:38] | Mark. | 马克 |
[29:56] | Mr.Eric Deakins, | 埃里克·迪肯斯先生 |
[29:58] | Labour… 13,437… | 工党 13437票 |
[30:07] | Mr.Ivan Spence | 伊万·思彭斯先生 |
[30:09] | Liberal… 12,260 | 自由党 12260票 |
[30:14] | – You won! – You won! | -你当选了 -你当选了 |
[30:18] | Mrs.Margret Thatcher | 玛格丽特·撒切尔夫人 |
[30:20] | Conservative… 29,697 | 保守党 29697票 |
[30:26] | Now I announce you Member of Parliament for Finchly 1959 | 现在我宣布1959年芬奇里区议员是 |
[30:31] | Mrs.Margret Thatcher. | 玛格丽特·撒切尔女士 |
[30:40] | Wait, just show me my picture, please. | 等等 让我看看我的照片 求你了 |
[30:46] | Don’t go. Mummy don’t go. | 别走 妈妈 别走 |
[30:54] | Mummy, wait. Mummy, come back, please. | 妈妈 等等 妈妈 回来吧 |
[31:00] | Please come back. | 求求你回来 |
[32:23] | Mrs.Thatcher! | 撒切尔夫人 |
[32:24] | Excuse me. | 请让让 |
[32:26] | Mrs.Thatcher! Airey Neave. | 撒切尔夫人 我是艾雷·尼夫 |
[32:30] | Welcome to the madhouse. Follow me. | 欢迎来到疯人院 请跟我来 |
[32:40] | The Honourable Lady, Member of Parliament for Finchly | 尊敬的芬奇里选区议员 |
[32:57] | Order! Order! | 秩序 秩序 |
[33:00] | The Right Honourable Lady the Secretary of State for Education. | 有请教育大臣 |
[33:03] | Thank you, Mr. Speaker. The right honourable gentleman knows | 非常感谢 议长先生 工党知道 |
[33:07] | that we have no choice but to close the schools! | 我们除了关闭学校别无选择 |
[33:13] | Because… | 因为 |
[33:16] | Because his union paymasters have called | 因为他们工会的出纳员 |
[33:19] | a strike deliberately to cripple our economy. | 恶意发起罢工来削弱我们的经济 |
[33:24] | Rubbishi! | 胡扯 |
[33:26] | Teachers cannot teach when there is no heating, | 在教室里没有供暖没有照明的情况下 |
[33:30] | no lighting in their classrooms. | 老师们是无法授课的 |
[33:32] | And I ask the right honourable gentleman, whose fault is that? | 我请问工党 这是谁的过错 |
[33:36] | Yours! Yours! | 你们 你们 |
[33:37] | Yours! | 你们 |
[33:41] | Me thinks the Right Honourable lady doth screech to much. | 我认为教育大臣的声音有点太尖锐了 |
[33:50] | If she wants us to take her seriously | 如果她想要我们认真听她的话 |
[33:52] | she must learn to calm down! | 她就得学会冷静 |
[33:59] | If the right honorable gentleman | 如果你 |
[34:00] | could perhaps attend more closely to | 能多注意我说话的内容 |
[34:03] | what I am saying, rather than HOW I am saying it, | 而不是我说话的腔调 |
[34:07] | he may receive a valuable education in spite of himself! | 或许还能不知不觉学到点东西 |
[34:14] | Why has this Conservative government failed? | 为何本届保守党政府如此失败 |
[34:21] | Why has it forced so many in the public sector into | 为何政府迫使国有企业的人 |
[34:26] | taking strike action to save their own jobs? | 掀起罢工来保卫自己的工作 |
[34:34] | Minister… | 首相大人 |
[34:36] | the breakdown in essential public services | 基础公共服务的瘫痪 |
[34:38] | in transport, in electricity, in sanitation | 像是交通 电力 环卫 |
[34:42] | is not the fault of the trades unions, | 错不在工会 |
[34:46] | but of this Conservative government | 而在本届保守党政府 |
[34:50] | in which you so shamefully serve! | 就是你们可耻地为之效劳的地方 |
[35:07] | So these power cuts will continue | 也就是说停电会一直持续下去 |
[35:08] | unless we can reach a compromise. | 直到我们双方达成协议 |
[35:11] | The miners are asking for a 35% increase in wages. | 矿工要求加薪35% |
[35:15] | Obviously we can’t go anywhere near that. | 毫无疑问我们做不到 |
[35:18] | The unions are not our enemies and never have been. | 工会不是我们的敌人 从来都不是 |
[35:21] | We want and we’ve always wanted the broadest consensus. | 我们一直以来都希望能达成最广泛的共识 |
[35:25] | I’m sure we are all in agreement that | 我确信大家一致同意 |
[35:28] | we must do nothing for the moment | 目前我们不能做任何 |
[35:30] | that will further inflame the current situation. | 使局势恶化的事 |
[35:32] | Hear hear, Prime Minister. | 正是这样 首相大人 |
[35:33] | The fact of the matter is, it’s absolutely crucial that | 其实 现在十分关键的是 |
[35:36] | we are seen by the public to be acting as conciliators | 要让公众视我们为调解人 |
[35:39] | and not aggressors. | 而非闹事者 |
[35:41] | Yes. | 是的 |
[35:46] | Yes, Education Secretary. | 教育大臣 请讲 |
[35:47] | Yes, Prime Minister. | 谢谢 首相大人 |
[35:49] | With the Miners Union Leader today calling | 今天煤矿工会的主席 |
[35:51] | for the army to mutiny in support of the strikes, | 号召军队叛变来支持罢工 |
[35:55] | this seems the wrong time for conciliation. | 这似乎不是调解的时候吧 |
[36:01] | Be patient. They’ll come back on again in a moment. | 别着急 电一会儿就来了 |
[36:04] | Anybody get a shade in? | 谁有光源 |
[36:06] | Ah, boycott. Be prepared. | 罢工嘛 是得有心里准备 |
[36:09] | Thank you, Margaret. | 谢谢 玛格丽特 |
[36:13] | Your thoughts are duly noted. | 你的观点值得考虑 |
[36:18] | Compliments… | 溢美之词 |
[36:22] | We on this island are strong. | 我们在这个岛上很强大 |
[36:25] | We’re self-reliant. | 我们自力更生 |
[36:27] | Napoleon called us a nation of shopkeepers. | 拿破仑称我们是小商人的国度 |
[36:30] | He meant it as an insult but to me it’s a compliment. | 他想讽刺我们 但我觉得这是溢美之词 |
[36:34] | That’s why he couldn’t beat us, | 所以他才输给我们 |
[36:35] | and that’s why Hitler can’t beat us. | 所以希特勒才输给我们 |
[36:40] | We Conservatives believe in | 我们保守党人希望 |
[36:41] | giving people the freedom and opportunity to | 给予民众 特别是年轻人 |
[36:45] | fulfil their own potential, especially the young. | 发挥自身潜能的空间和机会 |
[36:48] | There’s no good in pretending we’re all equal… | 假装人人平等没什么好处 |
[36:50] | we’re not all the same, | 我们并非人人平等 |
[36:51] | never have been, never will be. | 从未平等 将来也不会平等 |
[36:53] | We should encourage our children | 我们应该鼓励我们的孩子 |
[36:55] | to aspire to achieve more than we have… | 努力超越我们 |
[36:59] | for our children today will be the leaders of tomorrow. | 因为我们的孩子会成为未来的领导者 |
[37:05] | It’s 1974 and you’d think it was WWII. | 现在是1974年 却感觉像二战 |
[37:08] | Blackouts, no petrol. It’s a mess. | 灯火管制 没有汽油 一片混乱 |
[37:11] | Heath should resign now and make | 海斯应该引咎辞职 |
[37:13] | way for someone who’s not afraid to tackle the unions. | 给不惧怕工会的人让位 |
[37:16] | I swear, it’s all gone completely out of my head. | 我发誓 我大脑一片空白 |
[37:18] | My driving instructor thinks I should pass | 我的驾驶教练认为我能通过 |
[37:19] | but I feel as if I’ve hardly had any lessons, | 但是我觉得自己根本没怎么学 |
[37:22] | which is ridiculous isn’t it? Maybe third time lucky. | 荒唐吧 也许这次是幸运 |
[37:25] | Right. | 靠右 |
[37:26] | The only thing you should remember | 你要牢记一点 |
[37:28] | is that everyone else is either reckless or inept. | 别人要么太莽撞要么太笨 |
[37:31] | And usually both. | 往往兼而有之 |
[37:33] | One must be brave if one is to take the wheel. | 掌控方向盘的人必须勇敢 |
[37:36] | Right-o. | 往右 |
[37:38] | Move over… Move to your right a little bit. | 往右打方向 往右边一点 |
[37:41] | But if I move to the right | 但如果太靠右 |
[37:42] | aren’t I on the wrong side of the road? | 我不就逆行了吗 |
[37:44] | – Well he’s in the way! – To the right. Move to the right! | -前面有人 -往右 往右边开 |
[37:48] | – Look out! – So sorry! Terribly sorry! | -怎么开的 -对不起 十分抱歉 |
[37:58] | Hey, look at me, driving! | 看我啊 会开车了 |
[38:00] | Thanks Ma, that was terrific! | 谢谢妈妈 太刺激了 |
[38:01] | I really feel I’ve got a handle on it now. | 我真觉得自己会开车了 |
[38:04] | You should have seen us, Pa. | 爸爸 你都没看见 |
[38:05] | Are you trying to cook your own breakfast? Dearness! | 你打算自己做早饭吗 亲爱的 |
[38:09] | I can boil a bloody egg. | 煮个破鸡蛋我还是可以的 |
[38:11] | Mummy took me for a test drive. | 妈妈带我去试驾 |
[38:12] | We went absolutely everywhere. All over the place. | 我们哪儿都去了 几乎全逛遍了 |
[38:14] | I’ve decided. I’m going to run. | 我决定了 我要参加竞选 |
[38:18] | What for? | 竞选什么 |
[38:21] | I’m going to run for Leader of the Party. | 我要竞选党内领导人 |
[38:29] | – Silly me! – Good luck! | -我真笨 -祝你好运 |
[38:31] | All the time I thought I was having a driving lesson, | 一直我都认为我在学开车 |
[38:33] | it was all about my mother, just for a change! | 原来妈妈只是在谈政治 能不能不这样 |
[38:35] | What’s she on about? | 她抱怨什么呢 |
[38:37] | – It’s her driving test this morning! – Oh, right. Of course. | -今早的驾驶考试 -嗯 对 |
[38:40] | Are you saying you want to be Prime Minister? | 你说你想当首相 |
[38:44] | What I’m saying is that someone must force the point, | 我只是说有人应该挺身而出 |
[38:49] | say the unsayable. None of these men have the guts. | 讲别人所不敢讲 这群男人都没勇气 |
[38:55] | The Prime Minister has been very loyal to you, MT. | 现任首相一直对你信任有加 MT |
[38:58] | But he’s weak, and he’s weakened the party. | 但是他过于软弱 他把整个党都削弱了 |
[39:02] | One must know when to go. You’re shaking. | 人应该有自知之明 你在发抖 |
[39:06] | – Let me… – I can do it! | -让我 -我能行 |
[39:08] | Goodness me! | 老天哪 |
[39:13] | What is the matter with everyone this morning? | 今天早晨大家都怎么啦 |
[39:16] | I’ve told you what the matter is. | 我已经跟你说过问题所在 |
[39:17] | The business is a bit rocky at | 现在生意很棘手 |
[39:18] | the moment and the Doctor thinks I need a rest. | 而医生认为我需要休息 |
[39:20] | And do you need a rest? | 那么你真需要休息吗 |
[39:25] | We both know… | 我们都清楚 |
[39:27] | that it’s highly unlikely that I would ever be elected leader, | 我当选党内领导人的可能性很小 |
[39:31] | But I will run. I will run. | 但是我仍然要参加竞选 |
[39:33] | Just to nip at their heels and make | 哪怕只是戳一戳他们的痛处 |
[39:35] | them reaffirm the principles | 让他们重申保守党 |
[39:37] | on which the Conservative Party must stand. | 必须坚守的原则 |
[39:44] | There’s so much to do. | 有好多事情要做 |
[39:47] | You’re insufferable, Margaret, do you know that? | 你让人无法容忍 玛格丽特 你知道吗 |
[39:52] | Denis, you married someone who | 丹尼斯 你娶了一个 |
[39:54] | is committed to public service, you knew that. | 热衷政治的人 你是知道的 |
[39:58] | – And it is my duty… – Don’t call it duty. | -这是我的职责 -别说这是职责 |
[40:01] | It’s ambition which has got you this far. Ambition. | 你变成这样 完全是因为你的野心 |
[40:04] | And the rest of us, me, the children, we can all go to hell! | 而我 孩子们 我们都可以滚蛋了 |
[40:10] | Don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine! | 别担心我 我没事 |
[40:13] | Where did you go? | 你到哪里去了 |
[40:15] | – South Africa. – Yes. Yes. | -南非 -哦 对 |
[40:18] | How many days passed before you realized I was gone? | 我走了多少天你才意识到我离开了 |
[40:22] | Probably had to ask the cleaning woman where I was. | 也许你得问清洁工才知道我到哪儿去了 |
[40:25] | When did I lose track of everyone? | 我什么时候和大家都失去联系了 |
[40:28] | Too busy climbing the greasy pole MT. | 净忙着争权夺势了 MT |
[40:31] | Mrs. Thatcher I understand you recently | 撒切尔夫人 我听说 |
[40:33] | visited the United States of America. | 您最近刚出访美国归来 |
[40:36] | What was it you took away from your visit | 您从此次访问中 |
[40:38] | which may be of value here in Great Britain? | 给英国带回来什么值得借鉴的经验呢 |
[40:41] | Oh that’s rather easy to answer, actually. | 这很容易回答 事实上 |
[40:43] | They are unafraid of success. | 他们无惧成功 |
[40:48] | We in Great Britain and in Europe | 英国 欧洲 |
[40:50] | are formed mostly by our history. | 建立在历史之上 |
[40:53] | They on the other hand are formed by their philosophy. | 而他们却建立在他们的信念之上 |
[40:57] | Not by what has been, but by what can be. | 他们不囿于过去 而是着眼现在 |
[41:01] | Oh, we have a great deal | 我们能从美国人那里 |
[41:02] | that we can learn from them, yes. Oh yes! | 学的实在是太多了 真的 |
[41:17] | For a start, that hat has got to go. | 首先 那帽子不能再戴了 |
[41:20] | And the pearls. | 还有珍珠项链 |
[41:22] | In fact I think all hats may have to go. | 其实我认为什么帽子都不能戴 |
[41:27] | You look and sound like a privileged Conservative wife | 你看起来听起来就像个享有特权的保守派妻子 |
[41:31] | and we’ve already got her vote. | 并且已经给我们投过选票 |
[41:33] | You’ve got lovely hair… | 你的发型很可爱 |
[41:35] | but we need to do something with it to make it more… | 但是我们得让它显得 |
[41:38] | important. | 更正式一些 |
[41:39] | Yes. Give it more impact. | 是的 变得更有冲击力 |
[41:41] | But the main thing is your voice. | 不过最主要的还是你的声音 |
[41:44] | Its too high. It has no authority. | 音调太高 不够权威 |
[41:47] | Me thinks the Lady doth screech too much | 我认为夫人的声音有些太尖锐 |
[41:50] | People don’t want to be harangued by a woman or hectored. | 人们可不想受一个女人的叨叨或是训斥 |
[41:54] | Persuaded yes. That… | 应该是劝说 |
[41:55] | Oh yes at the end of the interview, | 在采访最后的那句’是的’ |
[41:59] | that’s authoritative, that’s the voice of a leader. | 才具有权威性 那才是领导人的语调 |
[42:03] | It’s all very well to talk about changing my voice, Mr Reece, | 说起改变我说话的声调很容易 里斯先生 |
[42:07] | but for some of my colleagues to imagine me as their leader… | 但是要让同事们把我想象成他们的领袖 |
[42:13] | would be like imagining, | 对他们来说就好像 |
[42:14] | I don’t know, being led into battle by their chambermaid. | 由女仆指挥上战场打仗 |
[42:18] | It’s my background, and my sex. | 这是我的家庭背景和性别决定的 |
[42:22] | No matter how I’ve tried, and I have tried | 无论我怎样努力 我已经试着 |
[42:26] | to fit in, I know I will never be truly one of them. | 融入其中 但是他们永远不会真正接纳我 |
[42:30] | If I may say so, I think that’s your trump card. | 要我说 这正是你的王牌 |
[42:33] | You’re flying in the face of everything | 你公然反对 |
[42:34] | the Tories have been thus far. | 托利党所提倡的一切 |
[42:36] | It’s really kind of exciting. | 真得很震撼人心 |
[42:40] | One simply has to maximise your appeal, | 只需要放大你的吸引力 |
[42:44] | bring out all your qualities and | 展现你所有的优点 |
[42:46] | make you look, and sound, like the leader that you could be. | 让你变得更有领导人的风范 |
[42:50] | You’ve got it in you to go the whole distance. | 你有能力最终胜出 |
[42:53] | Absolutely. | 绝对的 |
[42:56] | Prime Minister?! | 让我当首相 |
[42:59] | Oh no. Oh no no no. In Britain? | 噢 不 不不 在英国 |
[43:05] | There will be no female Prime Minister here, not in my lifetime. | 不会有女首相的 至少我有生之年见不到 |
[43:11] | No. | 不 |
[43:12] | And I told Airey, I don’t expect to win the leadership, | 我告诉过 我不指望能赢 |
[43:17] | but I am going to run. Just to shake up the party. | 但是我会参加竞选 只为摇醒我们党 |
[43:22] | Respectfully, Margaret. | 令人钦佩 玛格丽特 |
[43:24] | I disagree. | 我不同意 |
[43:25] | If you want to change this party, lead it. | 如果你想要改变我们党 统而治之 |
[43:28] | If you want to change the country, lead it. | 如果你想要改变我们国家 统而治之 |
[43:31] | What we’re talking about here today is surface. | 我们今天在这里讲的只是表面 |
[43:33] | What’s crucial is that you hold your course, | 关键还是你把握住方向 |
[43:36] | and stay true to who you are. | 展现自己真实的一面 |
[43:39] | Never be anything other than yourself. | 永远做自己 |
[43:41] | Leave us to do the rest. | 剩下的就由我们来做 |
[43:51] | Gentlemen, I am in your hands. | 先生们 我一切听从安排 |
[43:54] | I may be persuaded to surrender the hat. | 我可以放弃我的帽子 |
[43:58] | But the pearls were a gift | 但是这珍珠项链是 |
[44:00] | from my husband on the birth of our twins… | 我丈夫在我们孩子出生时送我的礼物 |
[44:03] | and they are absolutely non-negotiable. | 没什么好商量的 |
[44:15] | Good, I think we can loose the handbag, Mrs. Thatcher. Yes. | 很好 请放下手提包 撒切尔夫人 对 |
[44:19] | And hands down by the sides… | 手放在身体两边 |
[44:21] | Right up. | 升高 |
[44:26] | Because this isn’t really about the voice, it’s about belief. | 因为真正重要的不是声音 而是信念 |
[44:30] | A nice deep breath. And breath it out against my hands. | 现在深呼吸 然后呼气 |
[44:39] | If you’re calling Mr Thatcher, how would you do that? | 你怎么称呼撒切尔先生呢 |
[44:41] | Denis. | 丹尼斯 |
[44:42] | Yes, I want authority, I want conviction, I want… | 没错 但是要突显权威 坚定之意 |
[44:44] | – Denis. – That’s right, one more time, and breath in. | -丹尼斯 -对了 再试一次 深呼吸 |
[44:48] | Denis. | 丹尼斯 |
[44:49] | Yes, M! | 我在 M |
[44:51] | Sorry, no no. | 抱歉 没叫你 |
[44:54] | You are the backbone of our nation! | 你们是我们国家的支柱 |
[44:57] | Small firms like Loveday’s Ice Cream. | 像俏佳人冰激凌这种小公司 |
[45:00] | How are you? So nice to meet you ladies. | 你们好 很高兴见到你们 |
[45:02] | I’ll just have a small one, because I’m watching my figure. | 我只能吃个小份的 我得保持身材 |
[45:06] | That’s for you young man! | 这是给你的 年轻人 |
[45:08] | I passionately believe that it’s the growth | 我深信 小公司 |
[45:10] | of small businesses into larger ones… | 成长为大公司 |
[45:13] | that is critical for Britain’s future. | 对英国的未来至关重要 |
[45:16] | It has to be something icy on a stick for Denis. | 对丹尼斯来说 他只喜欢冰棍 |
[45:20] | That’s the only way | 只有那样 |
[45:21] | we will produce jobs, real jobs, jobs that sustain. | 我们才能提供就业 真正可持续的就业机会 |
[45:29] | The Trade Union Movement was founded to protect workers. | 工会运动最初建立的目标是保护工人 |
[45:33] | Now it persecutes them. It stops them from working. | 而现在却在伤害工人 不让其工作 |
[45:38] | It is killing jobs and it is bringing this country to its knees. | 它扼杀就业 让我们国家颜面扫地 |
[45:42] | I say enough. | 我说够了 |
[45:43] | It’s time to get up. It’s time to go to work. | 是时候站起来 继续工作了 |
[45:48] | It’s time to put the Great back into Great Britain! | 是时候让英国重返荣耀了 |
[45:53] | The compass of the Labour government continues to… | 工党政府的罗盘仍旧在 |
[46:02] | We have paid the price. | 我们已经付出了代价 |
[46:03] | – Mrs. Thatcher. They are ready for you. – Thank you. | -撒切尔夫人 该您上场了 -谢谢 |
[46:06] | Give them hell! | 给他们好看 |
[46:08] | You look magnificent. Next stop Prime Minister. | 你看起来棒极了 下一站 首相职位 |
[46:12] | Let’s go. | 出发 |
[46:13] | The leader of the Conservative Party, Margaret Thatcher! | 有请保守党领导人 玛格丽特·撒切尔 |
[46:44] | Good night Margaret. My money’s on the filly to win! | 晚上好 玛格丽特 我赌小母马会赢 |
[46:48] | Oh, thanks Airey. Goodnight. | 谢谢你 艾雷 晚安 |
[47:01] | No. No, no! Airey! | 不 艾雷 |
[47:13] | The Irish National Liberation Army | 爱尔兰国民解放军宣称 |
[47:15] | has claimed responsibility for the death of MP Airey Neave. | 为艾雷·尼夫议员之死负责 |
[47:18] | Margaret Thatcher’s spokesman on Northern Ireland. | 艾雷是玛格丽特·撒切尔在北爱尔兰的发言人 |
[47:33] | If you want to change the party, lead it. | 如果你想改变我们党 统而治之 |
[47:37] | If you want to change the country, lead it. | 如果你想改变我们国家 统而治之 |
[47:39] | You’ve got it in you to go the whole distance! | 你有能力最终胜出 |
[47:46] | Now, as the test draws near, I ask your help. | 现在 考验在即 我需要你们的帮助 |
[47:52] | That together we can shake off the shackles of socialism | 齐心协力 我们才能摆脱社会主义的枷锁 |
[47:57] | and restore to greatness this country that we love. | 让我们深爱的祖国重返荣耀 |
[48:02] | And the only way is for the Conservative Party to win! | 而实现这些唯一的方法就是让保守党胜出 |
[48:07] | Is she going to get there? Watch those bars rise. | 她会当选吗 选票在不断攀升 |
[48:34] | It’s Friday the 4th of May, a historic day for Britain, | 今天是5月4号星期五 英国历史性的一刻 |
[48:37] | a Conservative government led by Mrs. Thatcher | 由撒切尔夫人领导的保守党 |
[48:40] | is set to lead the country. | 将要领导英国 |
[48:41] | Bandaranaike in Sri Lanka, | 虽然斯里兰卡有班达拉奈克夫人 |
[48:42] | Mrs, Ghandi in India, but never | 印度有甘地夫人 但是 |
[48:44] | in the West has there been a woman Prime Minister. | 此前在西方 还从未产生过女性首相 |
[48:47] | The place that she has secured in British history, | 她成为英国历史上 |
[48:50] | as the first woman ever to be invited to form a government. | 首位获权组建内阁的女性 |
[48:52] | The bonus of one of the most famous addresses in the world, | 同时得以入住世界上最著名的住所之一 |
[48:55] | Number 10 Downing Street. | 唐宁街10号 |
[48:56] | This is it, steady the buffs old girl. | 干得漂亮 继续保持 老伴 |
[49:08] | Good afternoon, Prime Minister. Congratulations, Prime Minister. | 下午好 首相大人 祝贺您 首相大人 |
[49:11] | I should just like to say | 我想说的就是 |
[49:14] | that I take very seriously the trust | 对于英国民众今日给予我的信任 |
[49:17] | placed in me by the British people today | 我会倍加珍惜 |
[49:20] | and I will work hard every day to live up to that responsibility. | 而且我将鞠躬尽瘁 绝不辜负大家的期望 |
[49:26] | And now, I should like to share with you a prayer | 此刻 我想跟大家分享 |
[49:30] | of St Francis of Assisi: | 圣方济格的一段祷告词 |
[49:34] | ”Where there is discord may we bring harmony | 在有矛盾的地方 让我们播种和谐 |
[49:39] | Where there is error may we bring truth | 在有谬误的时候 让我们播种真理 |
[49:44] | Where there is doubt may we bring faith | 在有猜疑的地方 让我们播种信任 |
[49:48] | And where there is despair may we bring hope” | 在有绝望的地方 让我们播种希望 |
[50:05] | Shoulders back, tummies in! | 挺胸 收腹 |
[50:09] | Oh. Thank you, Michael. | 谢谢 迈克尔 |
[50:14] | 3 2 1 Three, two, one. | |
[50:35] | I’m perfectly healthy. There’s no need for any of this. | 我健康极了 没必要弄这些 |
[50:40] | Just let them look under the bonnet, MT. | 就让他们瞧个仔细 MT |
[50:43] | Check everything is hunky dory. | 彻底检查一下很好 |
[50:46] | Really this is becoming quite tiresome. | 真得是越来越烦人了 |
[50:50] | – What is? – You. | -哪方面 -你 |
[50:53] | I was on my own for twenty four years before I met you | 遇见你以前 我自己好端端地活了24年 |
[50:56] | and I can manage perfectly well without you now. | 现在没有了你 我一样可以好好地活 |
[51:03] | So will you please go away and stop bothering me. | 所以请你走开吧 别再来烦我了 |
[51:08] | Just look straight at me, straight ahead, that’s it. | 来 看我这里 好的 |
[51:13] | – Are you noticing night sweats? – No. | -你夜里盗汗吗 -不 |
[51:16] | Hallucinations? | 有幻觉吗 |
[51:19] | No. | 没有 |
[51:22] | Sleep? | 能入睡 |
[51:23] | Yes, I sleep. Four, five hours a night. | 是 能睡 一晚上睡四五个小时 |
[51:27] | So you wake early? | 这么说你醒得挺早的 |
[51:29] | And I stay up late. I always have. | 我睡得还很晚 习惯了 |
[51:33] | We just want to keep abreast of it that’s all. | 我们只是按程序问问 |
[51:35] | Yes. Of course. | 是的 当然可以 |
[51:38] | Grief is a very natural state. | 悲伤是种自然状态 |
[51:41] | My husband has been gone for years. Cancer. | 我丈夫死于癌症 过世多年了 |
[51:46] | Carol says you’ve decided | 卡洛说你决定把他的物品 |
[51:47] | to let his things go. Probably a good thing. | 捐赠出去 这也许是件好事 |
[51:50] | Yes. It was my idea. To Oxfam. | 是的 是我的主意 捐给乐施会 |
[51:53] | Perfectly good stuff. People can use these things. | 都是极好的东西 有人能用得上 |
[51:59] | Still it must be a bit disorientating. | 但还是有些混乱 |
[52:02] | You are bound to be feeling. | 你被迫感知一些东西 |
[52:04] | What? | 什么 |
[52:06] | What am I bound to be feeling? | 我被迫感知什么了 |
[52:12] | People don’t think any more. | 人们现在都不思考了 |
[52:14] | They feel. How are you feeling? | 他们全凭感觉 总问你感觉怎么样 |
[52:16] | oh I don’t feel comfortable with that | 一下子说 我觉得不妥 |
[52:18] | oh, I’m so sorry but we, the group were feeling…? | 一下子又说 抱歉 我们的组织觉得如何如何 |
[52:22] | Do you know, one of the great problems of our age… | 知道吗 当代最重大的问题之一 |
[52:26] | is that we are governed by people who care… | 就是我们被这样一群人所统治 |
[52:28] | more about feelings than they do about thoughts and ideas. | 他们对于感受的关心胜过想法和观念 |
[52:33] | Now thoughts and ideas. That interests me. | 想法和观念才真正让我感兴趣 |
[52:38] | Ask me what I am thinking- | 要问我有什么想法 |
[52:41] | What are you thinking, Margaret? | 你在想什么 玛格丽特 |
[52:45] | Watch your thoughts, for they become words. | 积思成言 |
[52:47] | Watch your words, for they become actions. | 积言成行 |
[52:52] | Watch your actions, for they become habits. | 积行成习 |
[52:56] | Watch your habits, for they become your character. | 积习成性 |
[53:00] | And watch your character, for it becomes your destiny. | 积性成命 |
[53:04] | What we think, we become. | 思想决定人生的高度 |
[53:08] | My father always said that. | 我父亲一直这样教导我 |
[53:11] | And I think I am fine. | 而我想我的身体没问题 |
[53:19] | But I do so appreciate your kind concern. | 但我很感谢你的关心 |
[53:29] | Oh, do please answer that. | 请接电话吧 |
[53:31] | It might be someone who needs you. | 可能是需要你的病人打来的 |
[53:37] | I’ll give Carol a quick ring, let her… | 我给卡洛打个电话 告诉她 |
[53:39] | know we’re back, then I’ll put your electric blanket on. | 我们回来了 然后给你把电热毯插上 |
[53:44] | Steady, steady, steady! | 稳住 稳住 稳住 |
[53:48] | Damn. Fore! | 真是的 让开 |
[53:52] | What about that medicine man? | 那个巫医如何 |
[53:55] | Cold supper. | 残羹冷炙啊 |
[53:58] | Standards are slipping Margaret. | 玛格丽特 你的生活标准下降了 |
[54:02] | Well you really gave it to that quack didn’t you, darling? | 亲爱的 你跟那个庸医坦白了吗 |
[54:04] | Just like the old days! Hallucinations my eye! | 和以前一样 说你有幻觉 |
[54:08] | How dare he? | 他好大胆子 |
[54:10] | But then you give us all the run around, don’t you? | 但你肯定顾左右而言他 对吧 |
[54:13] | I know you can hear me, sweetheart, | 我知道你能听见我说的 宝贝 |
[54:15] | so there’s no use pretending you can’t. | 装聋作哑毫无意义 |
[54:19] | Enough. Denis, enough! | 够了 丹尼斯 够了 |
[54:23] | Dismissed! | 即刻消失 |
[54:32] | She does it in the end. Kills him- | 最后是她下的手 杀了他 |
[54:37] | I don’t know why you’re being so scratchy. | 真搞不懂你干嘛这么乖僻 |
[54:39] | It’s not as if you’ve got anyone else to talk to. | 除了我又没人跟你聊天 |
[54:42] | When the Himalayan peasant meets the he-bear in his pride – | 当喜马拉雅山的农民为遇到公熊而骄傲 |
[54:45] | You know, it’s a marvel to me | 知道吗 见你还能大段引用 |
[54:47] | that you can still quote huge chunks of Kipling… | 吉朴林的作品真让我感到惊奇 |
[54:49] | but try remembering the name of that woman who’s… | 试着回忆一下那个女人的名字 |
[54:52] | just made you that godawful cold collation. | 她做了一桌难吃的冷餐 |
[54:54] | No? | 记不起来吗 |
[54:56] | Come on. You can do it. | 再想想 你能记起来 |
[54:58] | Month of the year. | 一年中的月份名称 |
[55:00] | One syllable. Rhymes with moon. | 一个音节 和月亮押韵 |
[55:04] | – June. – June! Bingo. | -是朱恩 -朱恩 答对了 |
[55:06] | Knew you’d get there in the end. | 就知道你总能想起来 |
[55:09] | When the Himalayan peasant meets the he-bear in his pride… | 当喜马拉雅的农民为遇到公熊而骄傲 |
[55:14] | He shouts to scare the monster, who will often turn aside… | 他高声恐吓 通常都能吓退公熊 |
[55:17] | but the she-bear thus accosted rends the peasant tooth and nail. | 但却招来母熊 将他粉身碎骨 |
[55:22] | For the female of the species is more deadly than the male…? | 雌性动物比雄性动物凶猛得多 |
[55:24] | If I can’t hear you then I can’t see you. | 如果我听不到你 那么就看不到你 |
[55:50] | And if I can’t see you then you are not here. | 如果看不到你 那么你就不存在 |
[55:53] | And if you are not here, I am not going mad. | 如果你不在这里 我不会发疯 |
[55:57] | I will not go mad. | 我不会发疯 |
[55:58] | I will not… I will not go mad. | 我不会 不会发疯 |
[56:05] | Baroness Thatcher made an | 撒切尔女爵今日例行 |
[56:06] | apparently routine visit to her doctor today. | 到诊所进行检查 |
[56:09] | Although rarely seen in public, | 虽然她极少出现在公众视野当中 |
[56:11] | the longest serving Prime Minister of the twentieth century, | 但这位20世纪任期最长的首相 |
[56:14] | remains a controversial figure. | 仍然是极具争议的人物 |
[56:17] | Almost lovingly dubbed by the Soviets The Iron Lady, | 虽然被苏联人戏称为”铁娘子” |
[56:20] | she’s also credited, with her friend Ronald Reagan, | 但她也被老朋友罗纳德·里根赞誉 |
[56:23] | with a decisive role in the ending of the Cold War. | 在结束冷战中起到了决定性的作用 |
[56:26] | Her supporters claim she transformed the British… | 支持者声称她转变了英国的经济形态 |
[56:29] | economy and reversed the country’s post-war decline. | 使战后经济衰退现象得到好转 |
[56:32] | Her detractors blame her savage public spending… | 而反对者则谴责她肆意削减政府开支 |
[56:36] | cuts and sweeping privatization of – | 全面推广私有制 |
[56:44] | I don’t recognize myself. | 我都认不出自己了 |
[57:12] | Am I out of the doghouse yet? | 我能被放出小黑屋了吗 |
[57:18] | They’re unveiling that portrait… | 下个月他们会在唐宁街10号 |
[57:22] | of me at Number 10 next month. | 为我的画像揭幕 |
[57:28] | The invitation’s on the mantelpiece. | 邀请函放在壁炉台上 |
[57:32] | So… | 所以 |
[57:34] | there’ll be Churchill, | 将有丘吉尔 |
[57:35] | Lloyd George and me. | 劳埃德·乔治和我 |
[57:39] | Just the three of us. | 只有我们三个人 |
[57:43] | I said I didn’t want any big fuss but they insisted. | 我说不想小题大做 可他们坚持 |
[57:49] | Lovely little article in The Telegraph. | 《每日电讯报》上那篇短文写得真好 |
[57:53] | The Woman Who Changed the Face of History. | 《改变历史面貌的女人》 |
[58:03] | Less than two years ago, | 一年多以前 |
[58:06] | the Prime Minister quoted St. Francis… | 首相引用圣方济格的话 |
[58:12] | and talked about bringing faith, | 并谈及要给国家带来信心 |
[58:16] | hope and harmony to this country. | 希望以及和平 |
[58:21] | Denis? | 丹尼斯 |
[58:35] | Can the Right Honourable Lady deny, | 首相大人 自1934年以来 |
[58:37] | that having brought about the highest level… | 最高的失业率出自您之手 |
[58:40] | of unemployment since 1934- | 您能否认吗 |
[58:45] | The biggest fall in total output… | 自1931年以来全年 |
[58:47] | in steel and coal production in one year since 1931. | 钢和煤总产量下滑幅度最大 |
[58:52] | And the biggest collapse in industrial production since 1921. | 自1921年以来工业生产最严重的暴跌 |
[58:58] | Order, Order. | 秩序 秩序 |
[59:02] | Can she also accept that her free market economics… | 再来看看她的自由市场经济 |
[59:07] | designed to create a growing middle class… | 打算让中产阶级崛起 |
[59:11] | ensures that the rich get richer and the poor are irrelevant! | 以便富人更富 穷人更穷 |
[59:16] | Maggie Maggie Maggie! Out Out Out! | 玛姬 玛姬 玛姬 下台 下台 下台 |
[59:17] | Maggie Maggie Maggie! Out Out Out! | 玛姬 玛姬 玛姬 下台 下台 下台 |
[59:22] | You’re supposed to be a mother! | 你该是个有同情心的母亲 |
[59:24] | You’re not a mother, you’re a monster! | 你不是个母亲 你是个怪物 |
[59:28] | May we have a word, Prime Minister? | 首相 我们能谈谈吗 |
[59:30] | Yes, but in order to arrive at the palace on time, | 可以 但为确保按时抵达皇宫 |
[59:34] | Geoffrey and I are will | 杰弗里和我15分钟后 |
[59:35] | be walking out of that door in 15 minutes. | 就得出发 |
[59:37] | – As you can see. – I know you’re running late Margaret… | -你看 我正忙着 -玛格丽特 我知道你要迟到了 |
[59:39] | but we have to address this situation in light… | 但我们必须就明天的新闻报道 |
[59:41] | of tomorrow’s blistering press coverage. Blistering! | 开诚布公的谈一谈 非常紧迫 |
[59:43] | The knives are out. | 现在是剑拔弩张 |
[59:45] | Your draft budget’s been leaked, | 你的预算原案已经泄露 |
[59:46] | Geoffrey, they are baying for our blood! | 杰弗里 他们恨不得把我们生吞活剥了 |
[59:48] | Michael we can’t possibly buckle at the first sign of difficulty. | 迈克尔 我们不能一遇到困难就屈服 |
[59:53] | No one is saying we have to buckle. | 没人说我们要屈服 |
[59:54] | But is this really the time to… | 但我国正经历有史以来 |
[59:55] | make these spending cuts in the middle of one of the deepest… | 最严重的衰退期 非要在这时候实行 |
[59:58] | recessions this country has ever experienced? | 财政削减吗 |
[1:00:01] | – We need a plan of action, Margaret. – Absolutely. A strategy. | -玛格丽特 我们需要行动计划 -没错 要有策略 |
[1:00:05] | We must be armed. | 不能打无准备之仗 |
[1:00:06] | There’s a perception, Margaret… | 玛格丽特 有种说法 |
[1:00:08] | rightly or wrongly, that we | 不一定对 |
[1:00:10] | are now completely out of touch with the country. | 认为我们和国家完全脱节 |
[1:00:12] | Really. How much is a pack of Lurpak? | 是吗 一包乐派克多少钱 |
[1:00:16] | – Lurpak? – Butter, Francis. | -乐派克 -就是黄油 弗朗西斯 |
[1:00:18] | Forty two pence. | 42便士 |
[1:00:20] | Anchor butter is forty pence. | 矛牌黄油40便士 |
[1:00:23] | Flora margarine, still the cheapest, is thirty eight pence. | 弗洛拉人造黄油依旧是最便宜的 38便士 |
[1:00:27] | I can assure you I am not out of touch. | 我可以保证我对国家了如指掌 |
[1:00:30] | Grocer’s Daughter? | 杂货商的女儿 |
[1:00:34] | Sorry, I didn’t hear you.What did you say? | 抱歉 我没听清 你说什么 |
[1:00:37] | Nothing. Prime Minister, Nothing. | 没什么 首相 没说什么 |
[1:00:38] | No, no, please. Don’t try to hide you opinions. | 求你别这样 不要隐藏自己的观点 |
[1:00:41] | Goodness me, I’d much rather you were open and… | 老天 我情愿你们公开而直接地 |
[1:00:43] | straight forward about them | 阐述出来 也不愿 |
[1:00:46] | instead of continuously and damagingly leaking them to the press. | 你们无休止地泄露给媒体 |
[1:00:55] | – Well? – Well, | -可以吗 -好吧 |
[1:00:57] | people can’t pay their mortgages. | 人们付不起贷款 |
[1:01:00] | The manufacturing industry is practically on its knees. | 制造业已经濒临崩溃 |
[1:01:02] | Honest, hard-working, decent people are losing their homes. | 诚实 勤恳 体面的人们无力养家糊口 |
[1:01:06] | It’s terribly shameful. | 这极其可耻 |
[1:01:07] | The point is, Prime Minister, that we must moderate the pace – | 首相 重点是 如果我们想赢得下届的选举 |
[1:01:09] | if we’re even to have a hope of winning the next election- | 就必须调整政策 |
[1:01:12] | Quite right.Worried about our careers, are we? | 这才是重点 为自己的前途担心呢 对吧 |
[1:01:18] | Gentlemen, if we don’t cut spending we will be bankrupt. | 先生们 若不削减财政就会破产 |
[1:01:22] | Yes, the medicine is harsh… | 没错 良药苦口 |
[1:01:24] | but the patient requires it in order to live. | 但却是病人活命的必须 |
[1:01:29] | Shall we withhold the medicine? No! We are not wrong. | 因为药苦而停用吗 当然不 我们没有错 |
[1:01:35] | We did not seek election and win in order to manage… | 我们赢得选举并非为了 |
[1:01:39] | the decline of a great nation. | 减缓国家经济衰退 |
[1:01:42] | The people of this country chose us… | 全国人民选择了我们 |
[1:01:44] | because they believe we can restore the health of | 因为他们相信我们能够使英国经济回复元气 |
[1:01:48] | the British economy and we will do just that! | 而我们也要做到 |
[1:01:52] | Barring a failure of nerve. | 不能失去勇气 |
[1:01:56] | – Anything else? – Prime Minister. | -还有事吗 -首相 |
[1:01:59] | You saved the day once again, Crawfie, | 克劳菲 今天又多亏了你救场 |
[1:02:03] | you’re an angel. | 你真是个天使 |
[1:02:07] | You can’t close down a conversation | 不能因为你不爱听 |
[1:02:09] | because it’s not what you wish to hear. | 就终止一场谈话 |
[1:02:11] | I don’t expect everyone just to sit there and agree with me. | 我并不期望所有人都同意我的意见 |
[1:02:15] | But what kind of leader am I if I don’t try to get my own way- | 但如果我不将自己认为对的事情付诸实践 |
[1:02:18] | – to do what I know to be right. – Yes. | -又算什么领导 -没错 |
[1:02:21] | But Margaret, | 但是 玛格丽特 |
[1:02:25] | one must be careful not to test one’s colleagues’loyalty too far. | 要小心 不要一再考验同僚的忠诚度 |
[1:02:46] | We are now one split nation, | 我们现在是一个分裂的国家 |
[1:02:49] | with a huge gulf dividing the employed from the unemployed. | 贫富急剧分化 |
[1:02:54] | The Thatcher plan is to break the Trade Union movement. | 撒切尔的计划是要破坏工会运动 |
[1:02:59] | There must be closures of uneconomic coal mines, | 效率低下的煤矿必须被关闭 |
[1:03:03] | we seek only an efficient industry. | 我们只寻求高效行业 |
[1:03:06] | The miners are being starved back to work, their need is desperate! | 矿工们极度渴望工作 迫切需要 |
[1:03:23] | There are those who would say hold back, | 有人会劝我们退缩 |
[1:03:26] | there are those who would make us retreat – | 有人会让我们撤退 |
[1:03:29] | But we shall never give in to them. | 但我们绝不向他们屈服 |
[1:03:34] | We shall never waver, not for a second, | 我们绝不犹豫 哪怕一秒钟都不行 |
[1:03:37] | in our determination to see this country prosper once again. | 我们决心看到这个国家再一次兴盛 |
[1:03:52] | A car bomb has exploded | 一枚汽车炸弹 |
[1:03:53] | outside Harrods department store, killing… | 在哈罗德商场外爆炸 6人死亡 |
[1:03:55] | six people and injuring 71. | 71人受伤 |
[1:03:57] | Eleven soldiers died today | 今天有两枚炸弹于 |
[1:03:59] | when two bombs were detonated during… | 海德公园和摄政王公园的 |
[1:04:00] | military parades in Hyde Park and Regent’s Park. | 阅兵时引爆 造成11名士兵死亡 |
[1:04:03] | Seven horses also died in the blasts. | 另有7匹马死于爆炸案 |
[1:04:06] | The IRA have claimed responsibility. | 爱尔兰共和军宣称对此事负责 |
[1:04:20] | And now, it must be business as usual. | 而现在 我们必须正常运转 |
[1:04:35] | Come on love, get to bed. | 亲爱的 睡吧 |
[1:04:38] | I don’t know why you do this to yourself every year, | 真不知道你为什么每年都这样 |
[1:04:39] | it’s a speech at conference, not the Magna Carta! | 不过是会议演讲 又不是大宪章 |
[1:04:45] | Time to call it a day, darling. | 一天结束了 亲爱的 |
[1:04:48] | It’s ten to three, for God’s sake. | 已经差十分三点了 看在老天份上 |
[1:04:50] | I know, I’m coming DT. Nearly there – | 知道了 马上来 DT 马上就好 |
[1:05:06] | Denis! | 丹尼斯 |
[1:05:12] | Denis- | 丹尼斯 |
[1:05:18] | there you are. Are you alright? | 是你 你还好吗 |
[1:05:26] | My shoes! | 我的鞋毁了 |
[1:05:37] | That’s when I thought I’d lost you. | 那一瞬间 我觉得会失去你 |
[1:05:50] | Mark? | 马克 |
[1:05:53] | Hello darling. | 你好宝贝 |
[1:05:57] | No, I’m fine. | 不 我很好 |
[1:06:00] | I’m very well, How is… | 我很好 |
[1:06:06] | Sarah? | 萨拉 |
[1:06:09] | And the children..? | 孩子们呢 |
[1:06:14] | Oh… | 是吗 |
[1:06:17] | You can’t. | 你不能来 |
[1:06:20] | That’s a pity. | 真可惜 |
[1:06:25] | I was hoping to see you. | 我一直想见见你 |
[1:06:30] | Yes… | 是啊 |
[1:06:31] | Oh… No That’s fine. Really darling. | 没关系 亲爱的 |
[1:06:34] | That’s fine. | 没关系 |
[1:06:37] | Of course… another time. | 当然了 下次吧 |
[1:06:41] | Yes… Darling. | 好的 宝贝 |
[1:06:46] | Yes… Can’t wait… Lovely. | 是啊 我都等不及了 |
[1:06:50] | Yes… | 好的 |
[1:06:53] | Mark? | 马克 |
[1:07:22] | That was Mark. Not able to come. | 是马克打来的 他不能来了 |
[1:07:26] | Boy’s always going AWOL. | 他总是擅离职守 |
[1:07:28] | Well it costs him a great deal to fly everyone up here. | 要是全家都来可要花不少钱 |
[1:07:32] | There you go, making excuses for him. | 又来了 你又给他找借口 |
[1:07:35] | Now look where it’s got you. | 都是你把他惯坏了 |
[1:07:38] | Did you know Yul Brynner was a gypsy from Vladivostok? | 你知道尤·伯连纳是来自海参崴的吉普赛人吗 |
[1:07:41] | Yes. He moved to Paris when he was fourteen. | 知道 他14岁时移居到巴黎 |
[1:07:46] | He played the King of Siam… | 他在伦敦和百老汇的舞台上 |
[1:07:49] | 4,625 times on the London and Broadway stages. | 扮演过4625次暹罗国王 |
[1:07:56] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[1:07:58] | One likes to make an effort. A snifter? | 总要干点什么 来杯酒吗 |
[1:08:02] | You’re dead, Denis. | 你死了 丹尼斯 |
[1:08:05] | If I’m dead… who are you talking to? Shall we dance? | 如果我死了 那你在和谁说话 跳支舞吧 |
[1:08:51] | The Falkland islands, the | 英国在南大西洋的殖民地 |
[1:08:52] | British Colony in the South Atlantic, has fallen. | 福克兰群岛陷落 |
[1:08:55] | Argentina claims its marines | 阿根廷海军先锋 |
[1:08:56] | went ashore as a spearhead this morning… | 今晨登陆 |
[1:08:59] | to capture key targets, including the capital, Port Stanley. | 现已攻占主要地区 包括首都斯坦利港 |
[1:09:02] | Gentlemen, the Argentinian Junta… | 诸位 阿根廷这个国家 |
[1:09:06] | which is a fascist gang… | 是法西斯的一份子 |
[1:09:08] | has invaded our sovereign territory. This cannot be tolerated. | 如今侵犯我国主权领土 不能任其猖狂 |
[1:09:13] | May I make plain my negotiating position. | 请允许我陈述谈判立场 |
[1:09:17] | I will not negotiate with criminals or thugs. | 我绝不与罪犯或暴徒协商 |
[1:09:21] | The Falkland islands belong to Britain, and I want them back. | 福克兰群岛属于英国 我要将其收回 |
[1:09:28] | Gentlemen, I need you to tell me today if that is possible. | 诸位 请告诉我 能否办到 |
[1:09:32] | Possible… just, Prime Minister. | 可以 但是 首相 |
[1:09:35] | We can have a Task Force ready to sail in forty-eight hours. | 特遣部队48小时内能够出动 |
[1:09:38] | Forty-eight hours? But… | 48小时 但是 |
[1:09:41] | We have a very narrow weather window. | 能够登陆的时间很短 |
[1:09:43] | We can’t fight in winter down there. Nobody can. | 我们无法在冬天作战 没人可以 |
[1:09:46] | If we are going, we have to go now. | 如果要打 必须马上出发 |
[1:09:54] | Why were the islands left without any naval protection? | 为什么岛上没有海军保护 |
[1:09:58] | In the last round of Defence | 上一次削减国防军费开支的时候 |
[1:10:00] | cuts we judged the risk of invasion to be small. | 我们认为被入侵的几率很低 |
[1:10:03] | Did we? | 是吗 |
[1:10:04] | And if you remember, Prime Minister, | 首相 你也许还记得 |
[1:10:06] | you agreed that we should reduce | 你同意我们将 |
[1:10:08] | the naval presence in the area to an absolute minimum. | 海军驻扎数量减小到最低 |
[1:10:16] | Margaret, the cost of sending 28,000 men… | 玛格丽特 把两万八千名战士和 |
[1:10:19] | and a hundred ships twelve thousand miles, | 100艘战船送到一万两千英里外的 |
[1:10:21] | almost to Argentina, will be absolutely crippling. | 快到阿根廷战场的花费 将引发严重后果 |
[1:10:24] | I don’t think we should be | 我认为在这件事上 |
[1:10:25] | worrying about money at this point, Geoffrey. | 我们不应该吝啬钱财 杰弗里 |
[1:10:28] | We can’t afford to go to war. | 我们没钱打仗 |
[1:10:30] | We have to go now. | 必须马上出发 |
[1:10:33] | now. | 马上 |
[1:10:37] | The government has now decided that a large task force will sail, | 政府决定 一旦准备完毕 |
[1:10:43] | as soon as all preparations are complete. | 即刻派出大批特遣部队收复失地 |
[1:10:49] | Prime Minister we do still have | 首相 大军抵达群岛 |
[1:10:51] | three weeks before our ships reach the islands. | 需要三周的时间 |
[1:10:53] | All we’re saying is that we shouldn’t | 我们认为我国不应放弃 |
[1:10:55] | give up on trying to find a diplomatic solution. | 寻求外交解决方案 |
[1:10:58] | The U.S. Secretary of State has arrived, Prime Minister. | 美国国务卿到了 首相 |
[1:11:02] | So you are proposing to go to war over these Islands. | 你打算为这些群岛而开战吗 |
[1:11:07] | They’re thousands of miles away, a handful of citizens, | 恕我直言 此地离英国本土几千英里之遥 |
[1:11:10] | politically and economically insignificant, if you’ll excuse me. | 人口稀少 并无政治或经济价值 |
[1:11:14] | Just like Hawaii, I imagine. | 我想正如夏威夷之于美国 |
[1:11:19] | I’m sorry? | 您说什么 |
[1:11:20] | 1941, when Japan attacked Pearl Harbour. | 1941年 日本偷袭珍珠港 |
[1:11:26] | Did America go cap in hand… | 美国可曾卑躬屈膝 |
[1:11:28] | and ask Tojo for a peaceful negotiation of terms? | 与东条英机进行和平谈判 |
[1:11:32] | Did she turn her back on her own citizens there… | 美国可曾因岛屿 |
[1:11:36] | because the islands were | 距大陆几千里之遥弃 |
[1:11:37] | thousands of miles from mainland United States? | 而弃本国人民于不顾 |
[1:11:40] | No, no, no! | 没有 没有 |
[1:11:44] | We will stand on principle or we shall not stand at all. | 我们要坚持原则 否则无以立足 |
[1:11:48] | But Margaret with all due respect when one has been to war… | 但是 玛格丽特 恕我冒昧 一旦开战 |
[1:11:53] | With all due respect sir… | 恕我直言 |
[1:11:55] | I have done battle every single day of my life… | 我人生中的每一天都是一场战役 |
[1:12:00] | and many men have underestimated me before. | 之前许多男人都低估了我 |
[1:12:03] | This lot seem bound to do the same… | 这场战事也一样 |
[1:12:06] | but they will rue the day. | 他们会为此而后悔的 |
[1:12:11] | Now, shall I be mother? | 喝点什么 |
[1:12:16] | Tea, Al, how do you take your tea? Black or white? | 我说茶 你要和什么茶 红茶还是白茶 |
[1:12:32] | The Argentinian ship the | 阿根廷的贝尔格拉诺将军号巡洋舰 |
[1:12:33] | General Belgrano and her escorts are pursuing… | 及其所率护航舰正沿偏向 |
[1:12:35] | course 273 degrees toward the Argentinian mainland. | 273度航线向阿根廷本土行驶 |
[1:12:39] | We are tracking it with our submarine HMS Conqueror. | 皇家海军舰艇”征服号”正在进行跟踪 |
[1:12:42] | Is this ship a threat? | 这艘船会造成威胁吗 |
[1:12:44] | Both of these ships are carrying Exocet missiles, Prime Minister. | 所有这些战船都携带飞鱼导弹 首相 |
[1:12:47] | Just yesterday… | 就在昨天 |
[1:12:49] | they launched, then aborted an attack inside the exclusion zone. | 他们在海上禁区内准备发起袭击 随后又取消 |
[1:12:54] | There is a risk they could try it again. | 有可能还会再次进攻 |
[1:12:56] | The Belgrano is sailing directly away from the islands. | 贝尔格拉诺正驶离岛屿 |
[1:12:59] | Can it really be regarded as a threat? | 这确实是个威胁吗 |
[1:13:01] | She’s been changing course continually. | 它不断改变航向 |
[1:13:03] | There’s a strong possibility that | 极有可能 |
[1:13:04] | they’re attempting a pincer movement on our carrier group. | 他们试图对我们的舰队进行两面夹击 |
[1:13:08] | I advise that we engage them: | 我建议与敌军交战 |
[1:13:12] | hit the Belgrano as a warning to the others. | 袭击贝尔格拉诺号 敲山震虎 |
[1:13:14] | Send them all back to port. | 把它们打回老巢 |
[1:13:15] | It’ll play badly internationally. | 这会造成极坏的国际影响 |
[1:13:17] | We’ll be seen as aggressors. | 我们会被视作挑衅者 |
[1:13:19] | This will be an escalation, Prime Minister. | 事态会逐步恶化的 首相 |
[1:13:21] | If there is to be an escalation, it’s better that we start it. | 如果会恶化 也是我们先动手比较好 |
[1:13:24] | It is steaming away, Prime Minister. | 火烧眉毛了 首相 |
[1:13:40] | Sink it. | 击沉 |
[1:13:58] | HMS Sheffield, a Type 42 destroyer, | 今天下午晚些时候阿根廷导弹 |
[1:14:00] | was attacked and hit late | 击中皇家海军舰队 |
[1:14:02] | this afternoon by an Argentine missile… | 谢菲尔德号42型驱逐舰 |
[1:14:04] | it is seen as a retaliation | 这被视作是对 |
[1:14:06] | for the sinking of the General Belgrano, | 击沉贝尔格拉诺将军号的回击 |
[1:14:09] | in which over 300 Argentinian sailors died… | 超过300名阿根廷士兵在本事件中死亡 |
[1:14:12] | Prime Minister, the latest casualty figures from the Sheffield. | 首相 这是谢菲尔德号最新伤亡数据 |
[1:14:18] | I must write to them. | 我得给他们写信 |
[1:14:20] | Prime Minister? | 您说什么 首相 |
[1:14:25] | The families. | 这些遇难者的家人 |
[1:14:30] | I must write to them… | 我得给他们写信 |
[1:14:32] | The Type 21 frigate, HMS Ardent was hit by bombs and rockets. | 21型护卫舰 热心号被导弹火箭击沉 |
[1:14:36] | Antelope went the way of the other two British ships lost so far. | 羚羊号也步另两艘英国军舰后尘 |
[1:14:41] | Foreign Secretary… | 外交大臣 |
[1:14:43] | I’ve just been briefed by Admiral Fieldhouse. | 菲尔德豪斯上将发来的简讯 |
[1:14:46] | He told me bluntly that if the | 他直言 |
[1:14:48] | Argentinians are prepared and willing to risk their aircraft, | 如果阿根廷人做好准备牺牲他们的飞机 |
[1:14:51] | they have enough missiles to cripple most of our fleet. | 他们有足够多的导弹来摧毁我们的舰队 |
[1:14:57] | President Reagan and President Bellaunde of Peru have | 里根总统和秘鲁的博朗德总统 |
[1:15:00] | some new proposals for the peace plan. | 对于和平计划有一些新提议 |
[1:15:03] | The peace plan? | 和平计划 |
[1:15:04] | There will be no appeasement. This is a war. | 战争不容妥协 |
[1:15:08] | A war they started and by God, we will finish it. | 他们发动战争 以神之名 我们来结束它 |
[1:15:14] | I tell you what I’m going to write… | 我告诉你我会给 |
[1:15:17] | to every single one of these families, | 每一个家庭 |
[1:15:20] | these heartbroken families? | 这些悲痛欲绝的家庭写什么 |
[1:15:23] | I am going to tell them | 我会告诉他们 |
[1:15:24] | that no British soldier will die in vain… | 没有一个英国士兵会 |
[1:15:29] | for the Falklands. | 在福克兰群岛战争中枉死 |
[1:15:31] | Lieutenant Colonel Jones. Captain Wood. Captain Dench. | 陆军中校强森 伍德上尉 丹奇上尉 |
[1:15:37] | I am the only Prime Minister in the history of our country… | 我是英国历史上唯一的女首相 |
[1:15:41] | who is also a mother with a son of my own, | 也是有一个儿子的母亲 |
[1:15:45] | I can imagine your agony, and your grief. | 我可以想象你们的悲伤痛苦 |
[1:15:52] | Prime Minister, we have secured the beach head. | 首相 我们已经抢滩登陆 |
[1:15:55] | The Argentinian troops are demoralized and ill equipped… | 阿根廷军队士气低沉 装备落后 |
[1:15:58] | The paratroops have taken Goose Green… | 伞兵部队攻下绿鹅 |
[1:16:02] | Shortly after dark last night, our forces surrounding Port Stanley… | 昨晚天黑后不久 包围斯坦利港的我军 |
[1:16:07] | carried out what the Commander in Chief | 完成总指挥的命令 |
[1:16:09] | has described as a brilliant surprise night attack. | 堪称完美的出人意料的夜袭 |
[1:16:20] | Thatcher, bed. | 撒切尔 睡觉了 |
[1:16:23] | From their new positions, our | 从新据点望去 |
[1:16:25] | forces can see large numbers of Argentine soldiers | 我军可以看到大批阿根廷士兵 |
[1:16:28] | retreating and streaming back into Port Stanley. | 撤退并涌回斯坦利港 |
[1:16:31] | Our forces are moving forward to exploit their success. | 我军正向更大的胜利迈进 |
[1:16:56] | Well done, MARGARET. | 干得漂亮 玛格丽特 |
[1:16:59] | We congratulate the men and | 我们要祝贺军队里的每一个人 |
[1:17:01] | women of the armed Forces for their skill, | 感谢他们优良的作战能力 勇敢 |
[1:17:05] | bravery and loyalty to this country. | 和对国家的忠诚 |
[1:17:09] | We were faced with an act of unprovoked aggression… | 我们曾面临无端的侵略 |
[1:17:14] | and we responded as we have responded in times past: | 我们的回应一如既往 |
[1:17:19] | with unity, strength and courage, | 秉持团结 力量和勇气 |
[1:17:24] | sure in the knowledge that though much is sacrificed, | 明知会有很多牺牲 |
[1:17:30] | in the end, right will prevail over wrong. | 最终 正确会战胜错误 |
[1:17:37] | And I put it to the right on the gentlemen opposite… | 同时我也想对反对的诸位说 |
[1:17:41] | that this is not a day for him to carp… | 今天不适合吹毛求疵 |
[1:17:44] | find fault, demand inquiries- | 找茬 质问 |
[1:17:48] | they will happen I can assure him of that… | 留待他日 我可以向他保证 |
[1:17:52] | for we have nothing to hide, no… | 君子坦荡荡 |
[1:17:57] | this is a day to put difference aside, | 今天应该求同存异 |
[1:18:01] | hold one’s head high… | 抬头挺胸 |
[1:18:05] | and take pride in being British. | 因作为一个英国人而自豪 |
[1:18:32] | GOTCHA! Well that paid off old girl! Your ratings soared! | 做到啦 付出终有回报 支持率飙升 |
[1:18:36] | From the most hated Prime | 从有史以来最讨厌首相 |
[1:18:38] | Minister of all time to the nation’s darling… | 到全国人民的心头宝 |
[1:18:41] | The world was at your feet, and Britain was back in business! | 世界臣服在你的脚下 英国重放光彩 |
[1:18:58] | Business is booming! | 商业繁荣 |
[1:19:04] | Profits. | 收益上涨 |
[1:19:08] | Maggie’s Millionaires. | 玛姬的百万富翁 |
[1:19:10] | 10 years in office. | 执政10年 |
[1:19:14] | The Berlin Wall has fallen. The gates have opened! | 柏林墙倒塌 大门打开 |
[1:19:17] | The police are making no | 警察不再阻止 |
[1:19:18] | attempt to stop people as they go through. | 人们通过 |
[1:19:24] | I don’t agree… I don’t agree in any measure! | 在任何情况下我都不会同意 |
[1:19:28] | But Prime Minister the question | 但是 首相 |
[1:19:29] | of the European single currency will come up. | 欧洲单一货币的提案将被提出 |
[1:19:31] | I don’t think the country is ready for it yet. | 我认为时机还不成熟 |
[1:19:34] | But we cannot bury our heads in the sand… | 但是我们不能一直回避 自欺欺人 |
[1:19:36] | A lot of Conservative MP’s and Ministers are saying | 很多保守党议员和大臣都说 |
[1:19:38] | that there must be a change in that style of management. | 管理方式必须有所改变 |
[1:19:41] | That Mrs Thatcher must listen more, and on occasion, give in. | 撒切尔夫人必须广泛倾听 适当妥协 |
[1:19:44] | The point is, Prime Minister, | 首相 重点是 |
[1:19:46] | I don’t think we can sell the | 我认为我们不能 |
[1:19:47] | idea of a tax that asks everyone to pay the same. | 实行让每个人缴纳相同税款的政策 |
[1:19:50] | Our policies may be unpopular, but they are the right policies. | 我们的政策可能不受欢迎 但绝对正确 |
[1:19:54] | Prime Minister I just don’t | 首相 我认为 |
[1:19:56] | think we can ask the poorest of the poor… | 不能让一贫如洗的穷人 |
[1:19:58] | to pay the same amount of tax as a multi-millionaire. | 和百万富翁缴一样的税 |
[1:20:01] | There it is again! Why not? | 又来了 为什么不能呢 |
[1:20:04] | Because… | 因为 |
[1:20:04] | Because people… on the whole… | 因为人们 总体而言 |
[1:20:07] | think that the tax is manifestly unfair. | 都认为税收是不公平的 |
[1:20:09] | Nonsense. Arrant nonsense. | 胡说 一派胡言 |
[1:20:12] | This is a simple proposition. In order to live in this country, | 一个简单的命题 要生活在这个国家里 |
[1:20:16] | you must pay for the privilege- something, anything! | 你得为权利付费 一些或者全部 |
[1:20:19] | If you pay nothing, you care nothing. | 如果你什么都不付 你就什么都不关心 |
[1:20:21] | What do you care where you throw your rubbish? | 你关心垃圾倒在哪儿吗 |
[1:20:24] | Your council estate is a mess, | 你住的小区一团糟 |
[1:20:26] | your town, graffiti, what do you care? | 小镇满墙的乱涂乱画 你关心吗 |
[1:20:29] | It’s not your problem, it’s somebody else’s problem- | 这不是你的责任 也不是其他人的责任 |
[1:20:31] | it’s the government’s problem! | 而是政府的责任 |
[1:20:35] | Your problem… | 你们的问题 |
[1:20:37] | Some of you, | 你们中的某些人 |
[1:20:39] | is that you haven’t got the courage for this fight. | 是没有足够的勇气去打赢这场战争 |
[1:20:42] | You haven’t had to fight hard for anything. | 你们从未全力以赴争取过任何东西 |
[1:20:45] | It’s all been given to you- and you feel guilty about it! | 总是唾手可得 你们应该感到愧疚 |
[1:20:49] | Well, may I say, on behalf | 恕我直言 我谨代表那些 |
[1:20:50] | of all those who have had to fight their way up, | 全力以赴地积极进取 |
[1:20:53] | and who don’t feel guilty about it… | 不为所得感到愧疚的人 |
[1:20:57] | we resent those slackers who take, take, take… | 我们憎恶懒鬼 |
[1:21:00] | and contribute nothing to the community! | 他们只知索取而对社会毫无贡献 |
[1:21:03] | And I see the same thing, the same cowardice… | 在欧盟内部的这场战斗中 |
[1:21:07] | in our fight within the European Union. | 我又看到了同样的怯懦 |
[1:21:09] | Cowardice. | 怯懦 |
[1:21:10] | For the sovereignty of Britain the integrity of the pound! | 为了英国的主权和英镑的完整 |
[1:21:15] | Some of you want to make concessions. | 你们想做出让步 |
[1:21:21] | I hear some of you… | 我听说你们中的一些人 |
[1:21:24] | agree with the latest French proposals. | 赞成法国的最新提案 |
[1:21:28] | Well, why don’t you get on a boat to Calais? | 你们怎么不坐船去加来[法国北部港市] |
[1:21:31] | Yes, why don’t you put on a beret, | 你们怎么不戴上贝雷帽 |
[1:21:33] | and pay 85% of your income to the French government! | 拿出个人收入的85%给法国政府 |
[1:21:47] | Right. | 算了 |
[1:21:49] | What can we realistically hope | 现实一点 会议结束前 |
[1:21:50] | to achieve by the end of session, Lord President? | 我们希望达成什么共识 枢密院长 |
[1:21:53] | And why have we not made more progress to date? | 为什么我们至今无任何进展 |
[1:21:56] | What is that? Is that the timetable? | 那是什么 时间表吗 |
[1:22:00] | I haven’t seen that. May I see it? | 我还没看过 能看看吗 |
[1:22:03] | Here it is, Prime Minister. Of course. | 首相 给您 |
[1:22:12] | The wording is sloppy here… | 措辞太马虎了 这里 |
[1:22:17] | and here. | 还有这里 |
[1:22:18] | – If you say so. – I do say so. | -你说了算 -我说了 |
[1:22:21] | It’s merely a first draft… | 这只是初稿 |
[1:22:23] | This is ridiculous. There are two t’s in committee. | 太可笑了 委员会居然也会写错 |
[1:22:29] | Two t’s. This is shameful. Shameful! | 太丢人了 丢人现眼 |
[1:22:37] | I can’t even rely on you for a simple timetable! | 小小时间表你都做不好 |
[1:22:41] | Are you unwell? | 你身体有毛病吗 |
[1:22:44] | Yes. You are unwell. | 当然 你有毛病 |
[1:22:49] | Give me the pencil, give it to me! | 铅笔给我 拿给我 |
[1:22:57] | If this is the best you can do, | 如果这是你的最高水平 |
[1:22:59] | I had better send you to hospital, | 我还是送你去医院吧 |
[1:23:01] | and I shall do your job as well as my own and everyone else’s. | 你的工作我就代劳了 还有你们的工作 |
[1:23:04] | Gentlemen. | 诸位 |
[1:23:05] | As the Lord President has chosen to come to cabinet unprepared… | 既然枢密院长还未准备好就来开会 |
[1:23:11] | I have to close this meeting. | 我看会议还是到此结束吧 |
[1:23:18] | Good morning! | 可以走了 |
[1:24:12] | Can’t pay, won’t pay! | 付不起 不会付 |
[1:24:52] | Geoffrey | 杰弗里 |
[1:24:54] | My letter of resignation. | 我的辞呈 |
[1:25:00] | Our differences, I’m afraid, cannot be reconciled. | 恐怕我们的矛盾不可调和 |
[1:25:17] | I have done what I believe | 我已经做了所有 |
[1:25:19] | to be right for my party and my country. | 我确信对政党和国家正确的事情 |
[1:25:24] | The time has come for others to consider… | 是时候退位让贤 |
[1:25:27] | their own response to the tragic conflict of loyalties… | 让其他人去思考如何应对因忠诚产生的不幸冲突 |
[1:25:32] | with which I have myself wrestled for perhaps too long. | 而我个人已与之搏斗甚久 |
[1:25:34] | Geoffrey’s speech in the House of Commons was devastating. | 杰弗里在下议院的发言是灾难性的 |
[1:25:38] | He was almost inviting someone | 他几乎是号召其他同僚 |
[1:25:39] | to challenge her for leadership of the party. | 挑战她的党内领导权 |
[1:25:42] | She behaved appallingly. | 她太不象话了 |
[1:25:44] | I wouldn’t have spoken to my gamekeeper like that. | 我从来不会和我的要员这样说话 |
[1:25:49] | I don’t think she can survive this. | 我不相信她还能化险为夷 |
[1:25:52] | I’m here to announce my decision | 在此我要宣布一个决定 |
[1:25:54] | to put my name forward as leader of the Conservative party. | 我的名字前加上一个头衔保守党领袖 |
[1:25:59] | I have nothing but admiration | 对于我们的首相 玛格丽特·撒切尔 |
[1:26:01] | for our Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher, | 我唯有赞美 |
[1:26:04] | but I believe… | 但我深信 |
[1:26:06] | our party and our country need a new leader. | 我们的政党和国家需要一位新的领导人 |
[1:26:12] | It’s extraordinary. | 太非同寻常了 |
[1:26:13] | – I am the Prime Minister. – The rules of the Conservative Party… | -我才是首相 -保守党的党章 |
[1:26:16] | make it possible for Conservative | 使得保守党议员 |
[1:26:18] | MP’s to depose a sitting Prime Minister. | 有权弹劾现任首相 |
[1:26:21] | Sweetie? | 亲爱的 给你 |
[1:26:22] | And it already has opened support | 而且已经得到公开支持 |
[1:26:23] | As Conservative MP’s gather in Westminster to decide… | 保守党议员齐聚威斯敏斯特 |
[1:26:26] | who they will back in the leadership contest, | 决定谁会来参加党首竞选 |
[1:26:28] | the Prime Minister said… | 首相声称 |
[1:26:29] | she would not be diverted from critical international affairs. | 她不会从危急的国际事务中分身处理内乱 |
[1:26:33] | Tonight in Paris Mrs Thatcher is among thirty four world leaders | 今晚在巴黎 包括撒切尔夫人在内的 |
[1:26:37] | who came together to | 三十四国首脑欢聚一堂 |
[1:26:38] | celebrate the end of the Cold War and herald… | 共同庆祝冷战的结束 |
[1:26:41] | the start of a peaceful new age of East/West cooperation. | 预示着东西联合的新时代的开始 |
[1:26:45] | There’s a general feeling that | 大家普遍认为 |
[1:26:47] | Mrs Thatcher is going to win on the first ballot. | 撒切尔夫人将在首轮选举中获胜 |
[1:26:50] | We’re going to put it to bed tomorrow night, | 我们将在明晚对此进行报道 |
[1:26:52] | is how one of her campaign staff puts it. | 届时竞选团队成员将向我们讲述 |
[1:26:56] | M, I really think you | M 我真心觉得 |
[1:26:57] | should come home and defend yourself old girl. | 你应该回家保卫自己了 老伴 |
[1:27:00] | Heseltine is campaigning ferociously. | 赫塞尔廷的竞选声势很大 |
[1:27:03] | I do think my time is best spent seeing an end to the Cold War… | 我觉得最好的时光是看到冷战结束 |
[1:27:07] | don’t you? After all this time they know what I stand for. | 此后他们知道我的立场是什么 |
[1:27:12] | Will she, or will she not, be in the job tomorrow? | 明天过后 她还在台上吗 |
[1:27:15] | Margaret, they can’t touch you. | 玛格丽特 他们动不了你 |
[1:27:25] | Mrs Thatcher has failed | 撒切尔夫人没能 |
[1:27:26] | to win enough votes to secure an outright… | 赢得足够的选票 |
[1:27:29] | win in the leadership contest and must now decide… | 来保证竞选的绝对优势 现在要决定 |
[1:27:32] | whether to put her name forward for the second round. | 第二轮竞选仍以她为主 |
[1:27:35] | As Mrs Thatcher leaves Paris | 撒切尔夫人离开巴黎去伦敦 |
[1:27:37] | for London to make a last ditch attempt… | 为获取对自己领导的支持 |
[1:27:40] | to pull together support for her leadership, | 做最后的努力 |
[1:27:42] | the ship may have sailed. | 为时已晚 |
[1:27:47] | Treachery! | 叛徒 |
[1:27:48] | We will never win another election led by that woman. | 让那个女人领导 没法赢得另一轮选举 |
[1:27:53] | We need a leader who listens. | 我们需要一个懂得倾听的领导者 |
[1:27:54] | This isn’t about her, it’s about the party. | 这不是关系到她 而是关系到政党 |
[1:27:56] | One must know when to go. | 识时务者为俊杰 |
[1:27:58] | The question is, how does anyone put it to her? | 问题是我们怎么告诉她 |
[1:28:02] | If you were to stand, I | 如果你能获胜 |
[1:28:03] | of course would vote for you Prime Minister- | 我当然会选你 首相 |
[1:28:06] | Prime Minister, of course I would vote for you | 首相 我当然会选你 |
[1:28:08] | but I don’t think you can win. | 但是我认为你不会赢 |
[1:28:09] | The loyalty of my colleagues cannot be counted upon. | 我那些同僚的忠诚度可不能指望 |
[1:28:12] | It was the people who put me here. | 是人民把我选出来的 |
[1:28:14] | The loyalty of my colleagues cannot be counted upon. | 我那些同僚的忠诚度可不能指望 |
[1:28:17] | It’s up to them to tell me when to go. | 也应该由他们来决定我何时离开 |
[1:28:21] | Margaret, you can’t let them do this to you. | 玛格丽特 你不能让他们如此对你 |
[1:28:26] | Please, boss. | 求你了 |
[1:28:29] | They’ll destroy you. Throw in the towel now, love. | 他们会毁了你的 现在就认输吧 |
[1:28:35] | Don’t let those bastards see you humiliated. | 不要让那些狗杂种看你笑话 |
[1:28:41] | You just won’t win, darling. Not this time. | 你不会赢了 亲爱的 这次不会了 |
[1:28:49] | Oh Denis. | 丹尼斯 |
[1:28:54] | I am the Prime Minister. | 我是首相 |
[1:28:57] | Order! Order! | 秩序 秩序 |
[1:28:59] | The Right Honourable gentleman is afraid! | 阁下害怕了 |
[1:29:02] | This is a naked strategy of closing some coal mines… | 这是显而易见的 关掉一些煤矿 |
[1:29:05] | – and then selling off. – They believe in striking… | -再卖掉变现 -他们信奉罢工 |
[1:29:08] | – I believe in working! – This is the woman who’s watched… | -我信奉工作 -就是这个女人 |
[1:29:11] | ten men on hunger strike | 眼睁睁地看着十个人在绝食抗议中饿死 |
[1:29:12] | starve themselves to death and never flinched! | 却毫无畏惧退缩 |
[1:29:15] | Despicable. | 卑鄙 |
[1:29:17] | More homeowners, more shareholders, more savings… | 越来越多的私房房主 股东 存款 |
[1:29:31] | I offer my resignation… | 执政11年半之后 |
[1:29:34] | after eleven and a half extraordinary years | 我递交辞呈 |
[1:29:38] | proud to have left Britain in a much better state… | 我很骄傲 当我卸任时 |
[1:29:42] | than when we took office. | 英国比我刚上台时要好 |
[1:29:54] | What’s this then? | 这是什么 |
[1:29:58] | A radio… | 收音机 |
[1:30:01] | How useful. | 真有用 |
[1:30:49] | Steady, MT. | 镇定 MT |
[1:31:06] | The greatest Prime Minister since Churchill… | 暨丘吉尔以来最伟大的首相 |
[1:31:09] | deposed by a bunch of spineless pygmies! | 被一群没骨气的侏儒逼下台 |
[1:31:12] | All those years of taking the tough decisions… | 这些年做了许多艰难的决定 |
[1:31:16] | does any of it matter now? | 现在看来有意义吗 |
[1:31:19] | It’s all been turned to mush! | 脑子都进水了 |
[1:31:20] | – What? – By these fools! | -什么 -这群白痴 |
[1:31:23] | These lily-livered pinkos! | 温室里的左倾分子 |
[1:31:25] | – These inept placators. – Very good! These vacillators. | -奴颜婢膝 -说得好 优柔寡断 |
[1:31:30] | – Vacillators! Poll takers. – Popularity seekers. | -优柔寡断 追随民调 -随大流 |
[1:31:34] | It is so busy taking the pulse of the public! | 没空把握民众脉搏 |
[1:31:37] | – Weak. – Is weak. | -差劲 -差劲 |
[1:31:39] | – Weak… – All off them. Weak. | -差劲 -他们全都差劲 |
[1:31:42] | Men! | 气死我了 |
[1:31:46] | Don’t they know if you take the tough decisions. | 他们不知道 如果你做出艰难的决定 |
[1:31:51] | Yes, people will hate you | 是的 人们会恨你一时 |
[1:31:53] | today but they’ll thank you for generations. | 但是会感激你几辈子 |
[1:31:56] | Or forget you entirely and chuck you out with the rubbish! | 或者是彻底忘了你 视若粪土 |
[1:32:19] | All I wanted was to make a difference in the world. | 我只想让世界有一点改变 |
[1:32:23] | And you did, love, you did. | 你做到了 亲爱的 你做到了 |
[1:32:32] | Happy birthday, daddy. We love you. Mark Carol. | 爸爸生日快乐 我们爱你 马克和卡洛 |
[1:32:33] | All I wanted was for my children to grow up well and be happy… | 我只想我的孩子健康成长 开开心心 |
[1:32:38] | happier than I was certainly. | 比我过得开心 |
[1:32:46] | I kept all this. | 这些我都留着 |
[1:32:54] | Oh, yes. | 看这个 |
[1:32:57] | And I wanted you to be happy of course. | 我也想你开心 |
[1:33:00] | Were you happy, Denis? | 你开心吗 丹尼斯 |
[1:33:06] | Tell me the truth. | 说实话 |
[1:34:30] | Denis? | 丹尼斯 |
[1:34:34] | Denis? | 丹尼斯 |
[1:34:39] | Here’s your bag. You’re all packed, sorted. | 你的包 都整理收拾好了 |
[1:35:06] | Denis wait. Where are your shoes? | 丹尼斯等等 你的鞋子呢 |
[1:35:10] | No, you can’t go without shoes! | 不 你不能光脚出去 |
[1:35:16] | – Not yet. – Steady. | -别走 -镇定 |
[1:35:20] | Yes. Steady. | 好的 镇定 |
[1:35:23] | – Steady the buffs. – Steady the buffs. | -镇定 -镇定 |
[1:35:27] | No. Not yet. Denis. | 别走 丹尼斯 |
[1:35:32] | Wait… | 等等 |
[1:35:34] | I don’t, I cant. I don’t want you to go yet. | 我还不想让你走 |
[1:35:39] | Denis. Please. | 丹尼斯 等等 |
[1:35:42] | No, no. You are not. | 你别走 |
[1:35:46] | I don’t want to be on my own. | 我不想一个人 |
[1:35:50] | You’re going to be fine on your own, love. You always have been. | 你一个人没事 亲爱的 你一直很棒 |
[1:35:59] | Denis! | 丹尼斯 |
[1:36:02] | No no no no no… | 不不不不不 |
[1:36:36] | Mummy | 妈妈 |
[1:36:38] | My God, Mum. Are you alright? | 天哪 妈妈 你还好吗 |
[1:36:41] | – Yes. – What are you doing? | -没事 -你在干嘛 |
[1:36:44] | Yes. | 没什么 |
[1:36:46] | Mummy you should have called for help, silly old sausage. | 妈妈你应该找人帮忙的 老顽固 |
[1:36:51] | Have you not even been in your bed properly? | 你没好好睡一下吗 |
[1:36:53] | – You’ve done all this? – Yes, all sorted. | -都是你干的吗 -是的 都整理好了 |
[1:36:56] | Well don’t worry about all this. | 别操心这些 |
[1:36:58] | June and I will crack on with it. | 朱恩和我会干完的 |
[1:37:00] | I was just going to get dressed. | 我要去穿好衣服 |
[1:37:04] | Shall I call someone, | 要我去叫人 |
[1:37:05] | see if anyone can come over and do your hair? | 叫人过来帮你做头发吗 |
[1:37:08] | Oh. No, you do it. | 不用 你来 |
[1:37:35] | Oh, let me do that, Margaret. | 我来 玛格丽特 |
[1:37:37] | No, dear, I’ll do it. | 不用了 亲爱的 我自己来 |
[1:37:41] | Carol said you might go to the House of Lords today? | 卡洛说你今天可能要去上议院 |
[1:37:44] | No no. I’m not going anywhere. | 不不 我哪儿都不去 |