英文名称:The Kindergarten Teacher
年代:2018
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:58] | Please take a moment and pay attention | 请乘客们稍等几分钟 |
[02:01] | to the following safety announcements… | 注意听我们的安全提示 |
[02:18] | You know, it has to be a little revelatory at the end, | 最后总得给人点儿启发吧 |
[02:21] | it has to have to have that moment, that accident. | 一定要有那一个瞬间 一场意外 |
[02:23] | It should be spontaneous, it shouldn’t be pre-meditated. | 应该是顺理成章的 不能预先安排 |
[02:27] | It’s like a moment of truth. | 就像真相被揭发那一刻 |
[02:29] | So, who wants to read? | 那么有谁想读呢 |
[02:31] | Come on, it’s like the… what is it, the fourth week now? | 没关系 这都 差不多第四周了吧 |
[02:34] | Let’s hear someone else. | 让我们听听别人读 |
[02:39] | Do you? Erm… | 你想吗 你叫 |
[02:41] | Lisa. | 丽萨 |
[02:43] | Lisa, do you mind sharing? | 丽萨 你介意分享一下吗 |
[02:45] | No. | 不介意 |
[03:05] | So, what’d you write this week? | 那么这周你写了什么呢 |
[03:10] | A short one, a haiku. | 很短的一篇 一首俳句 |
[03:12] | Oh, really? I didn’t see you work on that. | 是吗 我怎么没看到你写这个呢 |
[03:17] | I did it on the ferry. | 我在船上的时候写的 |
[03:21] | Read it to me? | 读给我听听吧 |
[03:46] | “A dream garden blooms | “梦之花园蘩艳 |
[03:49] | “Rose, iris, phlox | “玫瑰 鸢尾 绣球 |
[03:52] | “But here, a white crocus pierces concrete” | “但这里 有一只白色番红花刺破水泥地” |
[04:01] | It’s good, Lise. | 丽萨 写得不错 |
[04:07] | He didn’t like it. | 他不喜欢 |
[04:12] | Someone said it was derivative. | 有人说没什么创意 |
[04:16] | But they always say that, right? | 他们也不会说别的了 |
[04:19] | They say it if it’s good, they say it if it’s bad. | 你写得好写得坏他们都这么说 |
[04:25] | My teacher said I need to put more of myself in my work. | 我的老师说我得在作品中多投入些自我 |
[04:40] | What’s it, like… | 啥意思啊 是说 |
[04:44] | The flowers out by the pool? | 池塘边的小花儿吗 |
[04:49] | Yeah. More or less. | 是吧 也许吧 |
[05:00] | I’m gonna go cut some paper. | 我得去裁纸了 |
[05:45] | OK, let’s move on to S. | 好了 今天我们来学S |
[05:47] | S. Do you guys see the S at the top of your paper? | 是S噢 看到纸上最上面的S了嘛 |
[05:50] | – Yes. – And do you see how there’s… | -看到了 -那你们看到 |
[05:53] | A piece of an S? Can you see if you can finish that S? | 有一个小S嘛 你们能写出那个S嘛 |
[05:58] | That’s really good, Derek. | 写得真好 德里克 |
[06:00] | So, when you think of an S, | 所以 说到S |
[06:01] | think about the curve of a ssssslithering sssss… what? | 就会想到长得像S得嘶嘶叫的 什么 |
[06:07] | – Snake. – Snake, that’s right. | -蛇 -猜对啦 就是蛇 |
[06:10] | Actually, everybody think of a snake. | 所以说 大家都想象一下蛇 |
[06:12] | Think of the way a snake moves when | 想想一条蛇 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1062个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:145个,六级词汇:61个,GRE词汇:73个,托福词汇:109个,考研词汇:154个,专四词汇:121个,专八词汇:18个, 所有生词标注共:281个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[06:14] | it sort of slithers on the ground, right? | 是怎么在地上爬的呢 |
[06:17] | Ssssssss. Right? | 嘶嘶嘶的 对吧 |
[06:20] | Good job. | 真好 |
[06:22] | OK. How are you guys doing over here? | 这边的小朋友们怎么样啦 |
[06:25] | My hand hurts. | 我手好疼 |
[06:26] | Yeah, we’ve been doing this for a long time, haven’t we? | 是哦 我们写了好久了 是吧 |
[06:30] | OK, we’re gonna do song circle after one more letter. | 这样吧 再写一个字我们就来唱歌 |
[06:34] | – Have you guys got one more letter in you? – Yeah. | -你们知道下一个字母是什么吗 -知道 |
[06:37] | Yeah? One more letter. Does anybody | 是吗 最后一个噢 有人知道 |
[06:39] | have any idea what the next letter is? | 下一个字母是什么吗 |
[06:41] | T T! | |
[06:42] | T is the letter that comes after S in the alphabet. Very good. | 字母表里S后面就是T 真聪明 |
[06:46] | And T is a tall, tough like a hard tooth or like a… | T又高又直 像一颗坚硬的牙齿 还像 |
[06:51] | – Tusk. – Like a tusk, yes, very good. | -象牙 -没错 象牙 真棒 |
[07:04] | Hey. Can I see a beautiful T? | 能不能写一个好看一点儿的T呀 |
[07:10] | Thank you. | 真好 |
[07:15] | You know what? Finish up the letter | 这样吧 写完这个 |
[07:16] | you’re working on let’s do song circle. | 我们就开始唱歌吧 |
[07:21] | OK, give your papers to Megan. | 好了 把你们的纸都交给梅根 |
[07:24] | – To hell with the core curriculum. – Thank you. | -去他的核心课 -谢谢你们 |
[07:27] | ♪ Oh, oh, the rattlin’ bog The bog down in the valley-oh ♪ | ♪ 有一片沼泽地 山谷里有一片沼泽地 ♪ |
[07:31] | ♪ Oh, oh, the rattlin’ bog The bog down in the valley-oh ♪ | ♪ 有一片沼泽地 山谷里有一片沼泽地 ♪ |
[07:35] | ♪ – And on that… – Necklace. ♪ | ♪ -在那个 -项链上 ♪ |
[07:38] | ♪ – There was a… – Beach. ♪ | ♪ -有 -一片沙滩 ♪ |
[07:41] | Beach? | 沙滩 |
[07:43] | – I love it! – A beach on a necklace! | -真不错 -项链上有一片沙滩 |
[07:45] | And a beach on a necklace and a necklace on the… | 沙滩在项链上 那项链在 |
[07:49] | – Popsicle. – And a popsicle on a… | -冰棍上 -冰棍在 |
[07:52] | – Booger. – And a booger on the… | -鼻涕上 -鼻涕在 |
[07:55] | Moon! | 月亮上 |
[07:57] | – Bye. – Bye, Caitlin. You have your collage? | -拜拜 -拜拜凯特琳 拿好你的贴画了吗 |
[08:01] | Boys, slow down in the halls. Hey, guys. Take it easy. | 小伙子们在走廊里慢点儿 慢点儿走 |
[08:05] | – Hi, Lisa. – Hi, Lauren. | -你好 丽萨 -你好 劳伦 |
[08:11] | Anna… | 安娜 |
[08:15] | Anna… | 安娜 |
[08:22] | Anna is beautiful | 安娜很漂亮 |
[08:26] | Beautiful enough for me | 于我而言 已足够漂亮 |
[08:33] | The sun… | 日光 |
[08:35] | hits her… | 洒在 |
[08:39] | yellow… | 她的 |
[08:40] | house | 黄色屋顶 |
[08:42] | It’s almost like a sign from God | 近乎是上帝的明示 |
[08:48] | What was that? | 他在干什么 |
[08:49] | I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[08:53] | Was that a poem? | 他是念了首诗吗 |
[08:55] | Right? That was a poem. | 没错吧 是首诗吧 |
[08:57] | That was remarkable. | 写得真好 |
[09:00] | I think we should write it down, right? | 我觉得我们应该把它记下来 对吗 |
[09:02] | Ok. | 好 |
[09:11] | Wow, you remember it. | 哇 你全记得 |
[09:26] | What’s your name again? | 你叫什么来着 |
[09:28] | – I’m Becca. – Becca, right, right. I’m sorry. | -我叫贝卡 -没错 贝卡 不好意思 |
[09:30] | I’ve seen you here before. So, Jackie’s gone? | 我之前见过你 这么说杰姬走了吗 |
[09:33] | – Yeah, she quit. – That must be why I was confused. | -是的 她不干了 -怪不得我记不清了 |
[09:36] | Mm-hm. All right, let’s go. | 好了 我们走吧 |
[09:40] | Becca, would you do me a favour? | 贝卡 你能帮我个忙吗 |
[09:41] | Erm, if he does this again, will you | 如果他又念诗了 |
[09:43] | promise you’ll write it down for me? | 你能帮个忙替我记下来吗 |
[09:45] | – Yeah, I can do that for you. – Thanks. | -行啊 没问题 -谢谢 |
[09:48] | Hey, Jimmy. I really liked your poem. | 吉米啊 我真的好喜欢你的诗 |
[09:53] | – Ok. All right. – Bye. Say bye. | -好滴叭 -拜拜 跟老师再见 |
[10:19] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[10:24] | – She uses way too many hashtags. – Oh, my God. | -她老是加这么多话题标签 -天了噜 |
[10:28] | OK, this is clearly edited. | 看 这一看就是动过的 |
[10:30] | Like, look at that. | 看这玩意儿 |
[10:32] | – Yep. That’s Photoshopped. – That’s definitely Photoshopped. | -没错 P过了 -绝对是P的 |
[10:34] | How was your day? | 今天怎么样啊 |
[10:37] | It was good. | 还不错 |
[10:38] | – Dad said you had a test? – Yeah. It was fine. | -爸爸说你考了个试 -嗯 还行 |
[10:43] | So, what did he say? | 那他说什么了吗 |
[10:44] | That he likes me and he wants to go out | 他说他喜欢我 也想一起出去 |
[10:46] | but that he had to have a talk with Katrina. | 但他得和卡崔娜谈谈 |
[10:48] | Oh, my God, she’s, like, hanging on for dear life. | 天啊 她真是占着茅坑不拉屎 |
[10:55] | – Who’s that? – Are you guys gonna come eat? | -谁来了 -你们一起吃饭吗 |
[10:58] | We ordered pizza. | 我们点了披萨 |
[11:02] | Excuse me. | 借过一下 |
[11:03] | – You too? – Yeah. | -你也披萨吗 -是的 |
[11:06] | You don’t say hi? | 不打个招呼吗 |
[11:07] | – Hello. – Hello. | -你好 -你好 |
[11:09] | – Could I have some of those, please? – Er, yeah. | -能帮我拿几个吗 -好的 |
[11:12] | Did you go online and look at the dorms? | 你在网上看过宿舍了吗 |
[11:14] | – Hey, Mr Spinelli. – Hey. | -你好 斯皮内利先生 -你好 |
[11:15] | – Yes. – And did you pick your preferences? | -看过了 -你选过你喜欢的了吗 |
[11:18] | Yes, yes, I did. | 是的 选过了 |
[11:40] | “Anna is beautiful | “安娜很漂亮 |
[11:43] | “Beautiful enough for me | “于我而言 已足够漂亮 |
[11:47] | “The sun hits her yellow house | “阳光洒在她的黄色屋顶上 |
[11:52] | “It’s almost like a sign from God” | “近乎是上帝的明示” |
[12:00] | Wow. It sounds so advanced. | 哇 听起来很高级 |
[12:05] | – How old is he? – Five and a half. It’s extraordinary. | -他几岁了 -五岁半 真是难以置信 |
[12:08] | I mean, cos Lainie and Josh | 我是说 莱妮和乔什在他那个年纪 |
[12:09] | knew lots of words at that age, but… | 也认识好多字了 但是 |
[12:16] | It conjures a feeling. | 就像一种感召 |
[12:19] | So specific. | 太特别了 |
[12:22] | Is he religious? | 他信教吗 |
[12:24] | No, I don’t think so. | 我想应该不信 |
[12:26] | Hm. It’s just weird that someone so young would write about God. | 那就奇怪了 年纪轻轻就写上帝了 |
[12:32] | It’s disturbing, slightly. | 有些许的诡异 |
[12:38] | Why do you say that? | 为什么这么说 |
[12:49] | Why use the word “disturbing”? | 为什么用”诡异”这个词呢 |
[12:53] | Er, I don’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[12:57] | It’s not disturbing, I suppose. | 应该也不能说是诡异 |
[13:00] | It’s, er, more like… Peculiar. | 应该说是 奇异 |
[13:04] | I mean, the whole God thing, I dunno. | 这些上帝什么的 我也不清楚 |
[13:18] | Anna is beautiful | 安娜很漂亮 |
[13:20] | Beautiful enough for me | 于我而言 已足够漂亮 |
[13:23] | The sun hits her yellow house | 日光洒在她的黄色屋顶上 |
[13:27] | It is almost like a sign from God | 近乎是上帝的明示 |
[13:37] | What do you guys think? | 你们觉得呢 |
[13:40] | I love that line “Beautiful enough for me”. | 我喜欢那句”于我而言 已足够漂亮” |
[13:44] | It suggests so many things, | 暗含了太多的东西 |
[13:46] | like you don’t deserve much or you don’t prioritise beauty. | 感觉像自己不配 或者不看重美貌 |
[13:51] | But then the word beautiful is repeated, | 但是随后美丽这个词被重复提到了 |
[13:53] | so I feel like you do, in fact, value it in some deep way | 所以我觉得在某种程度上你是很重视的 |
[13:57] | and that you really find Anna beautiful. | 所以这就说明你是真的认为安娜很美丽 |
[14:00] | Yeah. I think it was really good. Really good. | 没错 我觉得写得很棒 真的很棒 |
[14:03] | Cos with so few elements, you make something very… | 因为你竟然用这么少的元素让整首诗变得 |
[14:08] | Very complex. | 复杂了起来 |
[14:10] | It’s as if it was said by someone that has seen a lot of beauty | 就好像是一个人看尽了人间的美好 |
[14:15] | but now, you know, makes do with very little. | 但却 只用寥寥数笔来描绘 |
[14:20] | OK, so for next week, I would like | 那下周 我希望你们 |
[14:23] | you all to focus on the boring things. | 都留心一些你们觉得无聊的东西 |
[14:26] | The banal, the mundane. | 平庸的 单调的 |
[14:28] | Just, you know, try it, and see | 试试看吧 说不定 |
[14:29] | if the act of writing about something | 写点东西 |
[14:31] | can transform it into something new. | 能把它们变得焕然一新 |
[14:33] | Let’s see. | 我们拭目以待 |
[14:45] | Ho is the whore! Ho is the whore! | 妓是妓女的妓 妓是妓女的妓 |
[14:48] | Jimmy, let’s go! It’s Grand Theft Auto! | 吉米快走 是侠盗猎车手 |
[14:51] | No! No! Jimmy, no. | 不 不 吉米 不行 |
[14:53] | No, that is an awful word. All of you guys. | 不 那是个不好的词 所有人都不能说 |
[14:57] | That’s a very powerful word, and you guys are just little kids, | 那个词太重了 你们还是小孩子 |
[15:01] | and there is no place for that here, OK? | 在学校里不能说这个词 知道吗 |
[15:05] | I know you guys are better than that. | 我知道你们都是好孩子的 |
[15:09] | I’m sorry, Jimmy, but I have to give you a time-out. | 吉米 我很抱歉 但你暂时不能玩了 |
[15:26] | So, Jimmy… | 对了 吉米 |
[15:29] | Tell me about your poem. | 跟我说说你的诗 |
[15:35] | Who is Anna? | 安娜是谁 |
[15:39] | Is she someone you know? | 是哪个你认识的人吗 |
[15:48] | And how about your mommy? | 是你的妈妈吗 |
[15:51] | Is her name Anna? | 她叫安娜吗 |
[15:55] | My mom is dead. | 我妈妈死了 |
[15:59] | I’m sorry to hear that, I didn’t know. | 我很抱歉 我不知道 |
[16:13] | You remember when we planted these? | 你还记得我们种下它们的时候吗 |
[16:16] | They were just tiny little seeds. | 他们那会儿还是小小的种子 |
[16:18] | What’s this one smell like? Smell. | 这一棵闻着感觉怎么样 闻闻看 |
[16:23] | – Tomato. – Yeah, tomato. | -番茄味 -是的 番茄 |
[16:28] | And we have some thyme… | 我们还有百里香 |
[16:37] | The rain to the wind said… | 小雨对小风说 |
[16:40] | You push… | 你推我 |
[16:42] | – I’ll pelt. – Remember that one? | -我就大雨倾盆 -记得吗 |
[16:46] | They so smote the garden bed that the flowers actually knelt… | 他们浇透了花园 花儿都蔫了 |
[16:54] | And lay lodged, but not dead | 头都低下去了 但还没死 |
[17:00] | I know how those flowers felt | 我知道那些花的感觉 |
[17:24] | I’m sorry I had to give you a time-out. | 我很抱歉不让你玩了 |
[17:27] | I don’t like doing that. | 我也不喜欢这样做 |
[17:31] | I know you can be steady and use beautiful words. | 我知道你能安安静静的 说一些好听的话 |
[17:35] | “Ho” is a boring word. | “妓”是个很无趣的词 |
[17:37] | It’s a word boring kids say. | 是很无趣的小朋友才会说的词 |
[17:45] | Let’s look at the kindergarten. | 我们看看花园吧 |
[17:49] | These toys, we play with them every day. | 我们天天都玩这些玩具啦 |
[17:53] | Or the sunflower, we see the sunflower every single day. | 还有向日葵 我们每天都见它 |
[17:59] | And our butterfly. Right? They’re part of our everyday routine. | 还有蝴蝶 看 我们每一天都能看见 |
[18:06] | Maybe if we try… | 或许我们可以 |
[18:10] | We can see something new. | 试试看点新东西 |
[18:17] | Do you feel anything? | 你有什么灵感吗 |
[18:21] | No. | 没有 |
[18:37] | – Oh, hi. – Hi. | -你好啊 -你好 |
[18:40] | – Sorry. – That’s OK. | -不好意思 -没关系 |
[18:43] | Erm, Megan, can you take Jimmy to get his clay sculpture? | 梅根 你能带吉米去拿他的泥塑吗 |
[18:47] | – I think it’s still drying outside. – Sure, I’ll get it. | -它应该还在外面晾着 -好的 我去拿 |
[18:50] | – Do you mind if we chat for a minute? – Yeah. | -我们能聊一会儿吗 -可以啊 |
[18:55] | I just felt like Jimmy was acting a little strange today. | 我觉得吉米今天表现得有点奇怪 |
[18:59] | He was energetic at recess and then he was very quiet, | 他在课间休息的时候十分活跃 然后 |
[19:04] | he hardly said a word for the rest of the day. | 其余的时候基本什么话都不说 |
[19:07] | Yeah, he does get quiet like that, that’s true. | 是啊 他确实挺安静的 |
[19:10] | I mean, he’s a weirdo. | 毕竟 他是个怪小孩 |
[19:13] | Becca, how often does he compose poems? | 贝卡 他平时多久作一首诗 |
[19:16] | Mm, I dunno. Like, once a week? | 我也不知道 大概一周一次吧 |
[19:20] | – Maybe, like, every few days, he’ll – Really? | -或者说每隔几天就 -是吗 |
[19:23] | Yeah, he’ll just, like, pop up, | 突然冒出来 |
[19:26] | start walking back and forth like a zombie, | 像僵尸一样到处走 |
[19:28] | like, mumbling to himself. | 一个人自言自语 |
[19:30] | Yeah, I hadn’t seen him do it ever before Monday. | 在周一之前我从来没见过他这么做 |
[19:32] | I’ve gotta say, they’re really cool. I like ’em. | 我得说 他们真的很酷 我喜欢他们 |
[19:36] | And what does his family think? | 他的家人怎么想呢 |
[19:38] | Oh, nobody knows he does it but me. | 除了我 没人知道他这么做 |
[19:40] | I mean, his dad’s, like, a really busy guy. | 他的爸爸非常忙 |
[19:43] | He owns that big nightclub in Bayonne, Ultralounge? | 他在巴约纳有一家夜总会 |
[19:47] | His mom is doing her thing in Miami, she’s not around. | 他妈在迈阿密忙她的事业 不在他身边 |
[19:51] | Oh, ok. | 好吧 |
[19:53] | Jimmy said she was dead. | 吉米跟我说他妈妈已经去世了 |
[19:55] | – No. Yeah, – I didn’t think so. | -他骗你的 -我也觉得他在骗我 |
[19:57] | Usually I’m informed of that kind of thing. | 他总是拿这种谎言骗我 |
[19:59] | It was a really nasty custody battle. | 这是一场让人讨厌的监护人之争 |
[20:01] | And are you close with his dad? | 你很了解他的父亲吗 |
[20:03] | Yeah, we work together. | 没错 我们一起工作 |
[20:08] | So, I know him. | 所以我认识他 |
[20:11] | I did coat-check at Ultralounge for a year. | 我在Ultralounge的存衣柜干了一年 |
[20:13] | And then I quit to pursue acting. | 后来为了追逐演员梦就辞职了 |
[20:16] | But then he said he needed a nanny so I was like, | 他说他需要一个保姆 我就想 |
[20:20] | – “This is perfect. Part time?” – Good. | -很不错啊 一份兼职 -接着说 |
[20:23] | But you know what? His Uncle Sanjay does come by the house | 但是你知道吗 他叔叔桑杰经常过来 |
[20:26] | and Jimmy tells me they read poems, reports in the newspaper… | 然后吉米跟我说他们读诗歌 看报纸 |
[20:30] | OK, that’s good to know. I’m glad | 这一点我很高兴 |
[20:32] | there’s some support in the house. | 家庭的熏陶 |
[20:36] | And do you like acting? | 你喜欢演戏吗 |
[20:38] | Yeah. I do. | 当然 |
[20:41] | Well, good luck with that. Thank you. | 那么 祝你好运 谢谢你 |
[20:45] | Oh, I almost forgot. | 我差点忘记了 |
[20:48] | There was one yesterday. You want to see it? | 他昨天刚写的 你想看看吗 |
[20:51] | I wrote it down like you said. | 我照你说的写下来了 |
[20:52] | Yeah, sure. I’d love to take a look at it. | 是吗 我很感兴趣 |
[21:06] | “The bull stood alone in the back yard | 一只公牛独自站在后院 |
[21:10] | “So dark | 漆黑一片 |
[21:13] | “I opened the door and stepped out | 我打开门走出去 |
[21:15] | “Wind in the branches | 风拂过树枝吹来 |
[21:17] | “He watched me | 他看着我 |
[21:19] | “Blue eyes | 深邃的蓝眼睛 |
[21:21] | “He kept breathing to stay alive | 他喘着粗气努力活着 |
[21:24] | “I didn’t want him | 我不愿像他那样 |
[21:26] | “I was a just a boy | 我只是一个小男孩 |
[21:29] | “Say yes | 答应吧 |
[21:33] | “Say yes anyway” | 无论如何答应吧 |
[21:41] | I like, I loved the “breathing to stay alive”. | 我喜欢那句”他喘着粗气努力活着” |
[21:44] | What do you guys think? | 你们觉得呢 |
[21:46] | I’m just trying to understand the assignment. | 根据我对这次作业的理解 |
[21:48] | I thought everything was supposed to be observational | 我觉得应该是根据观察的某样东西来写 |
[21:51] | and about things that we see every day. | 或者是我们每天都能看到的东西 |
[21:53] | I mean, it’s great, but this seems like | 这首诗很棒 但是它更像是 |
[21:56] | an exercise in surrealism. | 一首超现实主义的作品 |
[21:57] | You don’t have to be literal with my assignments, you know? | 你不必生硬地去看待这次作业 |
[22:00] | These are just exercises that spark your creativity, you know? | 这些只是激发创造力的练习而已 |
[22:03] | Well, it might have been helpful to know that beforehand. | 好吧 我们应该事先知道这一点的 |
[22:06] | OK. Well, I’m sorry. I apologise. | 好吧 我很抱歉 |
[22:09] | But I find it really interesting | 我觉得跟着自己的心情走 |
[22:11] | that you just went your own way, really. | 真的是一件很有意思的事 |
[22:14] | You know, sometimes poets, like bulls, they should be stubborn. | 有时候诗人就像公牛一样固执 |
[22:18] | I like the poem a lot. Just wondering why | 我很喜欢这首诗 我想知道 |
[22:20] | you wrote it from a boy’s point of view. | 你为什么从一个小男孩的角度出发 |
[22:27] | – I don’t know. – Because she can. | -我也不知道 -因为她喜欢 |
[22:30] | And that’s what’s interesting, | 那样很有意思 |
[22:31] | you know, it’s interesting to see things | 从一个全新的角度看事物 |
[22:33] | from a new vantage point. | 是非常棒的 |
[22:38] | Well, guys, we have to leave, but this week, | 好了 各位 我们该走了 但是这周 |
[22:41] | try using another point of view. OK? | 我们尝试换一个角度写作 好吗 |
[22:44] | Let’s see what happens, all right? | 让我看看看会发生什么 |
[22:46] | And please, please, just really don’t try | 请注意 不要想着取悦我 |
[22:48] | to please me. That’s not the point. | 这不是我们的重点 |
[22:50] | OK? All right. Thank you. Bye-bye. | 好吗 谢谢各位了 再见 |
[22:57] | Hey. How was class? | 课上得怎么样了 |
[22:58] | It was good. | 挺好的 |
[23:01] | Yeah, it was better. Hm. | 非常好 |
[23:04] | – Are the kids upstairs? – I think so. | -孩子们上楼了吗 -应该是吧 |
[23:09] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[23:11] | Oh, hi. | 嗨 |
[23:15] | – You just get back from your poetry class? – Yeah. | -你刚从诗歌课回来吗 -是的 |
[23:18] | Oh, your hair looks nice like that. | 你的发型挺好看的 |
[23:23] | Where’s Josh? | 乔什在哪儿 |
[23:24] | Tutoring. | 课外辅导去了 |
[23:26] | Good. | 好吧 |
[23:30] | Are there any college kids there? | 那里有大学生吗 |
[23:31] | – Where? – In your class. | -你说哪儿 -在你的课上 |
[23:34] | No, it’s all adults. It’s a continuing education class. | 没有 都是成年人 那是继续教育课 |
[23:42] | Hey, don’t you have work to do? | 你现在有作业要做吗 |
[23:44] | Yeah, I finished it in study hall. | 我在自习室做完了 |
[23:49] | I was thinking about how great you were at photography last year. | 我在想去年你在摄影方面表现非常出色 |
[23:55] | Why don’t you take Dad’s old camera and his lenses | 为什么你会拿着你爸的旧相机和镜头 |
[23:58] | and take a walk around the neighbourhood? | 在附近散步呢 |
[24:00] | I post cool stuff on Instagram all the time. | 我一直在社交网站发一些东西 |
[24:02] | Yeah, but developing in a dark room is totally different. | 没错 但是在暗室里洗照片是完全不同的 |
[24:06] | Yeah, it just stinks in there with all the chemicals and stuff. | 是的 里面全是化学药水的难闻味道 |
[24:10] | Ok. | 没错 |
[24:14] | Just something I noticed you were good at. | 我发现你很擅长这一方面 |
[24:17] | Hi, Mr Roy. This is Lisa Spinelli calling, | 你好 罗伊先生 我是丽萨·斯皮内利 |
[24:21] | I’m Jimmy’s kindergarten teacher, | 我是吉米的幼儿园老师 |
[24:24] | and I was just calling because I would like to talk to you | 我打给你是想和在你有空的时候 |
[24:27] | about your son when you have a moment. | 和你谈谈有关你儿子的事情 |
[24:30] | Erm, I left a message on Tuesday with all my information. | 周二我给你留言了 里面有我的信息 |
[24:34] | So please give me a call when | 在你有空的时候 |
[24:35] | you get a chance. Thanks a lot. Bye. | 麻烦回个电话 非常感谢 再见 |
[24:47] | I’m really curious what’s gonna happen | 我很好奇当你的画纸上没有空白的时候 |
[24:49] | when you have no white on the paper. | 会是什么样子的 |
[24:51] | I don’t have any white on my paper. | 我的纸上没有空白了 |
[24:53] | Yeah. Let’s see yours, you almost have no white left. | 好的 让我看看你的 你肯定画好了 |
[24:55] | Oh, you need a little more room on the paper, I think. | 我想你的纸要多占点地方 |
[24:58] | Here you go. | 好了 |
[25:00] | – Thank you. – You are very welcome. | -谢谢 -不客气 |
[25:02] | Do you need something, Aubrey? What do you need? | 你需要什么 奥布里 需要什么 |
[25:06] | Now, do you think you guys can make a chrome yellow, | 我觉得你可以加一点铬黄色 |
[25:10] | like in Van Gogh’s Wheatfields? | 比如梵高的麦田 |
[25:12] | Remember how beautiful that colour was? | 还记得那个颜色有多漂亮吗 |
[25:19] | Is this the volcano here and lava coming out? | 这是一个正在喷发的火山吗 |
[26:13] | Hey, Jimmy. | 嘿 吉米 |
[26:19] | Jimmy. | 吉米 |
[26:24] | Hey, Jimmy. | 醒醒 吉米 |
[26:26] | Will you come with me? | 你可以跟我来一下吗 |
[26:32] | Where are we going? | 我们去哪儿 |
[26:34] | Come here. | 快来 |
[26:53] | Why are we in the bathroom? | 我们为什么要来卫生间 |
[26:57] | Cos I wanna talk to you about something. | 因为我想跟你说些事情 |
[27:00] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[27:03] | I want to talk to you about something | 我想跟你聊聊 |
[27:04] | that I think is very important for a poet. | 我想这对于一个诗人来说很重要 |
[27:08] | It’s called your point of view. | 是你观察事物的视角 |
[27:11] | So, here we are, we’re in a bathroom. | 所以我们现在在卫生间 |
[27:16] | But there’s not just one bathroom. | 但是这不仅是一间卫生间 |
[27:18] | There’s many bathrooms. | 这里有很多间卫生间 |
[27:20] | Yes, there’s many bathrooms. Because, look… | 很多不同的卫生间 你看 |
[27:24] | If you’re a grown-up, the bathroom looks like this. | 如果你长大了 洗手间看起来就像这样 |
[27:30] | Yeah, you’re a big grown-up Jimmy. | 现在你是长大的吉米了 |
[27:31] | What do you think? Look around. | 你觉得呢 看看周围 |
[27:37] | I bet there’s all sorts of things you didn’t notice before. | 我肯定这有很多你之前没有注意过的事情 |
[27:44] | What else do you want to be? | 你还想成为什么 |
[27:46] | You wanna be a giant? | 你想成为一个巨人吗 |
[27:48] | OK. Turn around. | 好的 转个身 |
[27:51] | What do you see from up there? | 你看到了什么 |
[27:55] | What’s it like up there? | 上面怎么样 |
[27:58] | – The bathroom’s so tiny. – You like it? | -卫生间好小噢 -你喜欢吗 |
[28:02] | – Yep. Well, – what else? A cat! | -是的 -还有什么 一只猫咪 |
[28:04] | Let’s be a cat. Down here. Look. Down here. | 假装我们是一只猫咪 蹲下 |
[28:06] | I’m a cat. Meow! | 我是一只猫咪 喵呜 |
[28:09] | Meow. Meow, meow, meow. | 喵呜 喵呜 喵呜 |
[28:12] | So, if you stay open and if you stay curious, | 如果你一直保持开放的心态和好奇心 |
[28:18] | then you can see the world however you want. | 你可以随心所欲地看世界 |
[28:20] | You can see the world like a little tiny bug or like a bad guy. | 你可以把世界看作一个小虫或一个坏家伙 |
[28:27] | You know what I mean? | 你知道我什么意思嘛 |
[28:29] | Can I go back to nap time now? | 我现在可以回去午睡了嘛 |
[28:33] | Will you think about what I said? | 你能好好想想老师说的话吗 |
[28:36] | Will you think about it? | 你会好好想想吧 |
[28:38] | All right. | 好吧 |
[28:54] | Jimmy. | 吉米 |
[28:58] | Jimmy, one more thing. | 吉米还有一件事 |
[29:38] | It gets so dark | 一片漆黑 |
[29:40] | It stays dark even when I turn on the light | 即使我打开灯 仍旧是漆黑一片 |
[29:46] | It gets so bright The flowers bow to the sun | 它变得明亮起来 花儿向太阳低头 |
[29:53] | Do you remember the lion? | 你还记得那头狮子吗 |
[29:55] | So quick and so strong | 如此迅猛 强壮 |
[29:58] | He has no master when his master is sleeping | 当它的主人睡去 它将不受控制 |
[30:01] | And all his master does is sleep | 它的主人一直在沉睡 |
[30:14] | That was a poem. | 这是一首诗啊 |
[30:18] | Can you say it for me again so I can write it down? | 你能再说一遍让我记下来吗 |
[30:27] | Megan, did you catch what he was saying? | 梅根你有还记得他刚刚说了什么吗 |
[30:29] | Did you get the beginning? | 你能重复一遍吗 |
[30:30] | Sorry, I had the water running. | 抱歉我在洗东西 |
[30:32] | I think he was singing a song? He seems to be doing that a lot. | 我觉得他在唱歌 他经常这么做 |
[30:35] | They’re not songs, they’re poems. | 这不是儿歌 这是诗歌 |
[30:40] | It was about the lion. | 它关于狮子 |
[30:44] | You see? | 你听 |
[30:53] | What am I gonna do with you? | 我该拿你怎么办 |
[30:57] | – Hey. – Becca. | -嘿 -贝卡 |
[30:59] | – We have a little bit of a problem. – What’s wrong? | -我们遇到了点问题 -怎么了 |
[31:02] | Poems are disappearing. | 很多诗句都错过了 |
[31:04] | It happened just now. | 就发生在刚才 |
[31:06] | He was pacing back and forth, I rushed to get to him, | 他在那里走来走去 我冲到他身边 |
[31:09] | and by the time I got there, he was almost finished. | 当我到那儿的时候 他几乎快完成了 |
[31:12] | All I got was, “He has no master when his master is sleeping | 我只听到 当它的主人睡去它将不被控制 |
[31:16] | “And all his master does is sleep” | 它的主人一直在沉睡 |
[31:24] | It’s from the point of view of a hunted lion. | 这是从一只被猎杀的狮子的视角写的 |
[31:29] | I see. | 我明白 |
[31:31] | I mean, how often are we missing these moments? | 我想我们错过了多少这样的瞬间 |
[31:35] | It’s hard to say, really. I mean, I try my best, but… | 很难说 我真的尽力了 但是 |
[31:39] | Out of curiosity, who tucks him into bed at night? | 我很好奇 晚上谁哄他睡觉的 |
[31:42] | – Is it you or is it somebody else? – It’s… It’s mostly me. | -是你吗 还是其他人 -大部分时间是我 |
[31:45] | I think that’s a time to pay attention to. | 我觉得在睡觉的时候值得注意 |
[31:47] | I mean, imagine how much incredible poetry is written | 想想看多少不可思议的诗歌涌现 |
[31:51] | in that not-quite-conscious moment just before the lights go out. | 当熄灯之前 那个不太清醒的状态 |
[31:57] | Hey. You’re such a good teacher, | 嘿 你真是一个好老师 |
[31:59] | you know that? You have a really big heart. | 你知道吗 你真的很热心 |
[32:03] | Listen, baby doll. When you’re coming up with your poems, | 听着宝贝 当你想写诗的时候 |
[32:06] | just let us know, OK, so we can help you. | 告诉我们一声 这样我们可以帮助你 |
[32:08] | Yeah, cos we don’t wanna miss anything, OK? | 没错 因为我们不想错过任何东西 好吗 |
[32:11] | – Do you have kids? – I do. | -你有孩子吗 -我有 |
[32:13] | – Big? Small? – They’re big, they’re in high school. | -小孩子还是大孩子 -大孩子 在读高中 |
[32:16] | Oh, wow. Well, they’re really lucky | 他们很幸运 |
[32:18] | to have you, you’re very attentive. | 有你这样的妈妈 你很细心 |
[32:20] | All right. Let’s go, baby! | 好了 宝贝我们回去吧 |
[32:24] | OK, so let’s just work together to make | 我们只需要保证 |
[32:25] | sure that all of his work gets heard. | 他的所有作品都会被记录下来 |
[32:27] | I’ll do what I can do. Bye. | 我会做好的 再见 |
[32:57] | – Hi. Hi, I’m Lisa. We spoke on the phone? – Yes. | -你好 我是丽萨 我们通过电话 -对 |
[33:01] | Hi. Hi, Lisa. | 你好 丽萨 |
[33:02] | – Is now still an OK time? – Yes, yes, of course. | -你现在有空吗 -是的 我有空 |
[33:05] | We memorised a few poems, just for fun. | 我们一起背过几首诗歌 只是为了好玩 |
[33:08] | Mm. Well, he composes, too. | 他也会自己作 |
[33:11] | Jimmy? I didn’t realise. | 吉米 这我没发现 |
[33:12] | Yes, and I wanted to speak to you because… | 是的 我跟你说因为 |
[33:17] | I imagine maybe you can appreciate how rare that gift is. | 我想你应该能理解 这是多么罕见的天赋 |
[33:22] | I mean, I’ve been a kindergarten teacher for almost 20 years | 我已经当了将近20年幼儿园老师了 |
[33:25] | and I’ve never seen anything like it. | 我没见过任何一个像他这样的孩子 |
[33:27] | And I just want to support it and I want | 我想尽可能地支持 |
[33:29] | to protect it as much as I possibly can. | 保护他所拥有的天赋 |
[33:31] | – Absolutely. – Talent is so… | -当然 -天赋非常 |
[33:34] | fragile and so rare, and our culture does everything to crush it. | 脆弱 稀有 我们的文化会摧毁它的 |
[33:38] | I mean, even at four or five they’re coming | 当他们四五岁时 |
[33:40] | into school attached to their phones, | 带着手机进到了校园 |
[33:42] | talking only about TV shows and video games. | 讨论的就只有电视节目和电子游戏 |
[33:44] | It’s a materialistic culture… | 这就是现在的现实主义文化 |
[33:46] | And it doesn’t support art or language. Or observation. | 不能培养孩子们艺术 语言和观察的能力 |
[33:52] | Even my own children, | 即使是我自己的孩子 |
[33:53] | who are great, they don’t read. | 他们很有棒 但是也不会读的 |
[33:57] | You know, you think, maybe it’s just a phase… | 你会认为 可能它只是一个阶段 |
[34:03] | But I worry that it’s something larger. | 但是我担心它可能更严重 |
[34:08] | A lack of curiosity, a lack of reflection. | 缺乏好奇心 缺乏反应力 |
[34:13] | No one has space for poetry. | 没人会为诗歌留一点空间 |
[34:16] | Maybe that’s true. | 也许那是真的 |
[34:18] | Really, what I want is to speak with his father. | 真的 我想要和他父亲谈谈 |
[34:22] | His father? | 他父亲吗 |
[34:23] | I wonder if he would allow me to oversee his progress. | 我想知道他能否让我督促孩子进步 |
[34:29] | Er… Well, he’s a busy man | 他总是很忙 |
[34:31] | and, frankly, | 而且 说实话 |
[34:32] | I don’t know how much you will get out of him. | 我不知道他能告诉你多少 |
[34:36] | Have you met him? | 你见过他了吗 |
[34:37] | No. He doesn’t actually even return my phone calls. | 没有 实际上他甚至都不回我的电话 |
[34:43] | Maybe the baby-sitter can help? | 也许保姆能帮得上忙 |
[34:44] | – Becca? – Yeah, yes. Becca. | -贝卡吗 -对 没错 贝卡 |
[34:46] | Well, between you and me, | 好吧 别告诉别人 |
[34:47] | I think Becca is a problematic element in this, too. | 我觉得这件事上贝卡也有问题 |
[34:51] | I mean, | 我的意思是 |
[34:51] | she doesn’t understand the depth of his talent. | 她根本不懂那孩子的天赋有多高 |
[34:57] | Er, listen, I apologise, | 听着 我很抱歉 |
[34:59] | but I should get back to work soon. I’m sorry. | 但是我必须回去工作了 对不起 |
[35:02] | Ok. | 好的 |
[35:03] | I’ll, er… I’ll speak to my brother soon. | 我会 我会尽快和我哥哥谈谈的 |
[35:08] | I’ll see if I can catch him this week. | 我看看我这周能不能联系上他 |
[35:09] | That would be wonderful. | 那太好了 |
[35:12] | Ok. | 好的 |
[35:17] | I should, er… | 我应该 |
[35:18] | – I really have a deadline, so… – Ok. | -我真的有点赶时间了 所以 -好 |
[35:21] | – You know your way out? – I do. | -你知道怎么出去的吧 -我知道 |
[35:22] | Ok. | 好的 |
[35:44] | Hey, Jimmy. Will you come with me to the playground? | 嗨 吉米 你想跟我去操场吗 |
[35:47] | I wanna talk to you about something. | 我有些事想和你谈谈 |
[35:49] | Come on, let’s play. | 走吧 我们去玩吧 |
[36:01] | They have five more minutes. | 再有5分钟就可以叫醒他们了 |
[36:03] | – Ok. – Ok. | -好的 -好 |
[36:14] | Jimmy, I want to talk to you about something very important. | 吉米 我想和你谈一些很重要的事 |
[36:17] | When you have a poem in your head, | 当你脑中想到一首诗 |
[36:20] | and when your poem is ready, will you come to me? | 当你的诗已经想好了 你能来找我吗 |
[36:25] | Even if you see I’m busy or I’m talking to somebody else, | 就算你看见我在忙 或者我在和别人说话 |
[36:27] | or if you’re mad at me that day | 或者你有一天对我很生气 |
[36:29] | or if you think I’m mad at you… | 或者你觉得我对你很生气 |
[36:34] | Will you please come to me? | 请你来找我好吗 |
[36:38] | If it happens when you’re not at school, that’s OK. | 如果当时你不在学校 也没关系 |
[36:42] | You can call me on the phone, | 你可以给我打电话 |
[36:43] | you don’t have to recite your poem to Becca. | 你不必把你的诗背给贝卡听 |
[36:47] | It’s better if you call me, you understand? | 打给我会更好 你明白吗 |
[36:49] | And I’ll write it down for you. | 我会帮你写下来 |
[36:50] | And don’t let her call you silly names | 还有 不要让她叫你那些傻傻的名字 |
[36:53] | like puppy dog and… and… | 比如 小狗狗 还有 |
[36:55] | Bunny rabbit. It’s belittling. | 兔宝宝 那是在贬低你 |
[36:57] | It means she’s treating you like a baby. | 那代表她还把你当小宝宝 |
[36:59] | So, look, | 所以 过来看 |
[37:00] | I took your cell phone from your backpack, if that’s OK? | 我从你背包里拿了你的手机 你别介意 |
[37:05] | And I’d like to put my number in | 我会把我的电话存进去 |
[37:07] | so you have it if you need it. | 你需要的时候就可以打给我了 |
[37:09] | I’m not gonna put it in under Mrs Spinelli | 我不会把名字设为斯皮内利夫人 |
[37:12] | because that is too long. | 因为那太长了 |
[37:14] | Erm, I’m gonna type in the letter “L”. See? | 我会输入一个字母 L 看到了吗 |
[37:18] | L is for Lisa. | L就代表丽萨 |
[37:24] | That’s my name. | 那是我的名字 |
[37:27] | So, just find L when you wanna call me, OK? | 你想要打给的我的时候就找L 懂了吗 |
[37:31] | Ok. | 懂了 |
[37:37] | – Hello? – Hi. | -你在那儿吗 -嗨 |
[37:40] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[37:46] | Where you headed? | 你要去哪 |
[37:47] | – I have practice. – No, you don’t. You had it yesterday. | -我有训练 -不 你没有 那是昨天的事 |
[37:50] | We have an extra one this week. | 这周我们还有一次 |
[37:53] | Josh, where are you going? | 乔什 你到底要去哪 |
[37:56] | I have a meeting. | 我要去开会 |
[37:58] | Is this Marines stuff? | 是关于海军陆战队的事情吗 |
[38:03] | Josh, come in here. | 乔什 过来这边 |
[38:08] | We just don’t get it. | 我们还是不懂 |
[38:10] | You worked so hard to get into that school, | 你为了进那所学校那么努力学习 |
[38:12] | and you busted your butt, | 你付出了那么多 |
[38:13] | and you pulled up your grades, and we’re proud of you. | 而且你也提高了你的成绩 我们为你骄傲 |
[38:15] | – That’s all we’re saying. – It’s not even a good school. | -我们没有别的意思 -那不是一个好学校 |
[38:18] | Josh, it’s stupid to put yourself in harm’s way. | 乔什 你这样以身犯险的做法太愚蠢了 |
[38:21] | People get their fucking limbs blown off. | 很多人的四肢都被炸飞了 |
[38:25] | I’m just sick of school, OK? | 我只是厌倦了学校 好吗 |
[38:27] | And plus, I think service is more important than | 还有 比起你们认为的各种成就 |
[38:29] | whatever notion of achievement you have in your head. | 我觉得参军服役更加重要 |
[38:32] | No, no! | 不 不 |
[38:32] | Josh, if you wanna go fight for oil in the desert, that’s fine, | 乔什 如果你想去沙漠里争夺石油 可以 |
[38:35] | but don’t kid yourself. | 但不要自欺欺人 |
[39:00] | Don’t worry. He always lands on his feet. | 别担心 他能照顾好自己 |
[39:02] | Does he? | 是吗 |
[39:12] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[39:18] | Are we finally alone? | 我们注定要孤独终老吗 |
[39:23] | Can I lock the fucking front door? | 我可以锁上那讨厌的前门吗 |
[39:25] | No! | 不行 |
[39:26] | And make sure… | 然后 确保 |
[39:27] | that no one comes back in this house… ever again? | 再也不会 有人进这间房子 |
[39:49] | What are you doing? | 你要干什么 |
[39:56] | – Hello? – Mrs Spinelli? | -喂 -是斯皮内利夫人吗 |
[39:59] | Hi, Jimmy. – I have a poem. | -你好 吉米 -我想到一首诗 |
[40:04] | Ok. | 好 |
[40:09] | Wait. OK. | 等一下 好了 |
[40:11] | I’m ready to write it down. Go ahead. | 我准备好写了 说吧 |
[40:14] | The gold rusts | 黄金生锈 |
[40:16] | The warmth breaks | 暖意袭来 |
[40:18] | And the light comes at morning | 晨光初现 |
[40:20] | The police start their way to the dining hall | 警察们才开始赶往餐厅 |
[40:27] | And the sound of World War Three is out there | 第三次世界大战的钟声却已敲响 |
[40:33] | Dust is out | 尘土飞扬 |
[40:35] | And pray God, the wedding is coming | 亲爱的上帝啊 请你保佑婚礼如期而至 |
[40:39] | And the reciting poem is here | 这就是我的诗 |
[40:57] | I loved your poem last night. | 我喜欢你昨晚的诗 |
[41:13] | Do you wanna hear a poem from me? | 你想听听我的诗吗 |
[41:16] | Ok. | 好的 |
[41:31] | Mesmerise me, butterfly | 美丽的蝴蝶让我着迷 |
[41:38] | Forcing wings open, shut | 挥动双翼 张张合合 |
[41:41] | Thrust with purpose not known to me | 漫无目的的向前飞翔 |
[41:45] | Not expert in your grasses | 不会轻易飞到你的草地 |
[41:49] | In poison | 蘑菇用毒 |
[41:51] | Mushrooms camouflage deliverance | 作为保护色伪装自己 |
[41:56] | Today the garden teems with wood sprites | 今天的花园里满是木精灵 |
[42:00] | Flashing blue | 闪烁着蓝光 |
[42:02] | Now white | 变成白色 |
[42:05] | At the edge of seeing | 在视线的边缘 |
[42:13] | Is that a poem you wrote? | 那是你写的诗吗 |
[42:18] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[42:31] | You can just forget you heard it. | 忘了你刚刚听到的 |
[42:34] | I don’t want to spoil your talent. | 我不想破坏你的才华 |
[42:40] | You did not! | 你没有 |
[42:42] | What were you saying to Natalie? | 你对纳塔莉说了什么 |
[42:44] | Right. | 对 |
[42:46] | You ok? | 你还好吗 |
[42:48] | ♪ I like the way you ride it really slow ♪ | ♪ 我喜欢你慢慢骑车的样子 ♪ |
[42:52] | ♪ Hide it, I’mma find it, and you know ♪ | ♪ 藏起来 让我去寻找它 你懂吧 ♪ |
[42:55] | ♪ Girl, I gotta grind it really low ♪ | ♪ 姑娘 我会慢慢的向你走去 ♪ |
[43:01] | ♪ I like the way you ride it really slow | ♪ 我喜欢你慢慢骑车的样子 ♪ |
[43:04] | ♪ Hide it, I’mma find it, and you know | ♪ 藏起来 让我去寻找它 你懂吧 ♪ |
[43:07] | ♪ Girl, I gotta grind it really low | ♪ 姑娘 我会慢慢的向你走去 ♪ |
[43:10] | ♪ Girl, I got time, you can slow it down | ♪ 姑娘 还有时间 我会慢慢来 ♪ |
[43:13] | ♪ Wiggle them hips, put your fingers on the ground ♪ | ♪ 舞动起来 做个倒立 ♪ |
[43:17] | Amy, what are you doing? | 埃米 你在干什么 |
[43:19] | What’s the big deal? It’s been decriminalised. | 有什么大不了的 我又没犯罪 |
[43:22] | Can I have it? | 能给我吗 |
[43:24] | You know, you and Dad always | 你知道的 你和爸爸总是 |
[43:25] | act like artsy, progressive hippies– | 表现得像是很文艺 很开明的嬉皮士 |
[43:27] | OK. OK. You know what? | 好 好 你知道吗 |
[43:30] | Smoke it if you want to. Maybe it’ll open you up. | 你想抽就抽吧 也许它能让你打开心扉呢 |
[43:33] | – You… – What’s goin’ on? | -你 -我怎么了 |
[43:35] | …could have such an incredible mind. | 你本来能有不可思议的头脑 |
[43:38] | Incredible mind? | 不可思议的头脑吗 |
[43:40] | What’s up with you? You’re acting so weird. | 你怎么了 你表现得这么奇怪 |
[43:42] | – I just wish– – We got all our work done. | -我只是希望 -我们把所有事都做完了 |
[43:44] | I wish there was a little bit more curiosity, | 我希望能有多一点好奇心 |
[43:48] | vibrancy, intellectualism in this house. | 充满活力和智慧在这个家里 |
[43:50] | You know, ever since you started taking | 你知道 自从你开始上 |
[43:52] | those dumb-ass poetry classes, | 那些愚蠢的诗歌课 |
[43:53] | you’ve been acting like you’re the… | 你表现得就像 |
[43:55] | cultural ambassador to the UN or something. | 联合国的文化大使或者什么一样 |
[43:57] | OK, if you wanna go back to college and get your stupid degree, | 好 如果你想回到大学去考你愚蠢的学位 |
[44:00] | then you can go ahead. | 那你就去呀 |
[44:02] | OK? I actually get straight A’s without having to work very hard, | 好吗 我确实能不用很努力就直接得到A |
[44:06] | and you never acknowledge that. | 你从来都不承认 |
[44:08] | You worked your ass off, and look where you are. | 你累死累活的 看看你现在在哪 |
[44:25] | Hey. What the hell is goin’ on? | 嗨 到底发生什么事了 |
[44:27] | It’s nothing. She’s just being provocative. | 没事 就是她刚刚在和我吵架 |
[44:29] | I’m fine. I’m gonna get some air. | 我没事 我就是想去透透气 |
[45:13] | Cultural ambassador to the UN. | 联合国的文化大使 |
[45:39] | – Hello? – Jimmy, hi. | -喂 -吉米 你好啊 |
[45:42] | It’s Mrs Spinelli. | 我是斯皮内利夫人 |
[45:44] | It’s Lisa. | 我是丽萨 |
[45:45] | – Why are you calling me? – No, it’s OK. | -你打给我有什么事吗 -没有 这没关系 |
[45:47] | Kindergarten teachers are allowed | 幼儿园老师可以 |
[45:49] | to call their… their students. | 打给他们的 他们的学生们 |
[45:52] | Becca’s gonna read me a book. | 贝卡要给我讲故事了 |
[45:54] | OK. I know, it must be getting close to bedtime. | 好 我知道 一定快到你睡觉的时间了 |
[45:56] | I just wanted to say hi. | 我就是想给你打个招呼 |
[45:58] | Ok. | 好的 |
[46:10] | A home transformed by the lightning | 房间被闪电改造 |
[46:13] | The balanced alcoves smother | 平衡的内壁令人窒息 |
[46:15] | This insatiable earth of a planet, Earth | 星球里永不满足的地球啊 地球 |
[46:19] | They attacked it with their mechanical horns | 他们用机械号朝你呐喊 |
[46:22] | because they love you | 是因为他们爱你呀 |
[46:24] | – Hello? – Hey, Lisa, how’s it going? | -你好 -你好 丽萨 最近好吗 |
[46:26] | Come, sit down. | 进来 坐吧 |
[46:28] | I was reading this… this poem that, erm… | 我正在读这个 这首诗 它 |
[46:30] | that a computer wrote. | 是电脑写的 |
[46:32] | You know, with some algorithm. | 你懂的 就是某种算法 |
[46:34] | And it even passed the Turing Test. | 而且它已经通过了图灵测试 |
[46:37] | In the end, we’re all machines. | 到头来 我们都成了机器 |
[46:40] | Well, Justin, thank you, | 好 贾斯廷 谢谢你 |
[46:41] | and good luck with the sonnet. | 祝你的十四行诗好运 |
[46:42] | – Yeah, I’ll crack it. – Don’t make Watson do it. | -当然 我会成功的 -别让沃森抢先了 |
[46:44] | Cool, man. | 没问题 伙计 |
[46:46] | I’ll see you at the reading on Thursday, then. | 周四读书会再见啊 |
[46:48] | – Great. Bye. – Bye. | -好呀 再见 -拜拜 |
[46:53] | You know, it’s… it’s very funny | 你懂的 很有趣 |
[46:55] | when you have, like, this amount of books, | 当你有 像这样 这么多的书 |
[46:57] | and I’ve only read, like, one-tenth of them. | 而我只读了 其中的十分之一 |
[47:01] | So, Justin was telling me that there’s half of the class | 所以 贾斯廷告诉我有半个班 |
[47:03] | that are gonna stay for the next semester, | 要留到下个学期 |
[47:05] | Would you like to stay? | 你想留下来吗 |
[47:07] | Yes, I would. That’d be great, right? | 当然 我想 那好极了 是吗 |
[47:09] | – Yeah. – Good. | -是啊 -很好 |
[47:11] | So, tell me about you. I don’t know anything about you. | 好 说说你吧 我对你还一无所知呢 |
[47:13] | What do you… What do you do? | 你做什么 你是做什么的 |
[47:15] | – I teach. – You teach? | -我教书 -你教书吗 |
[47:17] | I want to thank you for inviting me. | 我想谢谢你邀请我 |
[47:20] | I can’t tell you how flattered I was when I received your email. | 我都形容不出收到你邮件时有多受宠若惊 |
[47:23] | Oh, please. No. | 噢 拜托 别这么说 |
[47:24] | I mean… | 我的意思是 |
[47:26] | You know, your work has been… progressing a lot, | 你懂的 你的作品 进步很大 |
[47:28] | and… and it was a no-brainer. | 而且 也是个简单的问题 |
[47:30] | I mean, you… you have to come. | 我的意思是 你必须来 |
[47:32] | So, what do you teach? | 所以 你是教什么的 |
[47:34] | I teach kindergarten. | 我教幼儿园 |
[47:36] | That’s such a delicate thing, right? | 那需要很细心 对吗 |
[47:40] | I mean, you… | 我的意思是 |
[47:41] | you give the kids something, and then they… | 你教孩子们的东西 然后他们会 |
[47:43] | Yeah? They have it forever. | 是吗 他们永远记得 |
[47:47] | – It’s incredible. – Yeah. That’s… That’s true. | -太不可思议了 -是啊 那是 是真的 |
[47:50] | So, erm… | 所以 |
[47:52] | on Thursday night, | 周四晚上 |
[47:55] | at the Bowery, | 在包厘街 |
[47:57] | we’re doing this reading where… | 我们有个读书会 |
[47:59] | you know, a bunch of poets come in. | 你知道的 一大批诗人会来 |
[48:02] | It’s very eclectic. Young and old. | 五花八门的 年轻的 年老的 |
[48:04] | And there’s reviewers, publishers as well, there might be. | 有评论家 还有出版商 应该都会有 |
[48:08] | And everyone that goes on stage reads two poems. | 每个人都会上台读两首诗 |
[48:12] | So you have to prepare two poems that you like. | 所以你需要准备两首你喜欢的诗 |
[48:14] | – Ok. – All right? | -没问题 -可以吗 |
[48:16] | I really want to thank you for this opportunity. | 我由衷的谢谢你给我这次机会 |
[48:20] | Of course. | 别客气 |
[48:22] | There’s dancing afterwards, with poets. | 之后还和诗人跳舞 |
[48:25] | You know, there’s gonna be a party, | 会有个派对 |
[48:26] | like, drinks and stuff, but… | 比如 喝酒之类的 但是 |
[48:28] | I don’t know, maybe you… | 我不知道也许你 |
[48:30] | you will be, like, a centre of attention. | 你会成为众人瞩目的焦点 |
[48:46] | I am sorry. I’m sorry. | 抱歉 很抱歉 |
[48:48] | I’m… I… God, I’m sorry. | 我 天啊 抱歉 |
[48:50] | I’m… I’m very sorry. I’m very sorry. | 我 我很抱歉 我太抱歉了 |
[48:53] | I’m sorry, I just… | 抱歉 我只是 |
[48:55] | It’s presumptuous of me. I’m… | 是我太冒昧了 |
[48:57] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[49:02] | Forget about it. | 别放心上 |
[49:06] | Can I read you a poem? | 我能给你读一首诗吗 |
[49:09] | Yeah. | 好 |
[49:14] | I wrote it sort of quickly. | 我写得有点快 |
[49:19] | – I’d love to hear your thoughts. – Ok. | -我想听听你的想法 -好 |
[49:30] | Mesmerise me, butterfly | 美丽的蝴蝶让我着迷 |
[49:33] | Forcing wings open, shut | 挥动双翼 张张合合 |
[49:37] | Thrust with purpose not known to me | 漫无目的的向前飞翔 |
[49:41] | Not expert in your grasses | 不会轻易飞到你的草地 |
[49:44] | In poison | 蘑菇用毒 |
[49:46] | Mushrooms camouflage deliverance | 作为保护色伪装自己 |
[49:50] | Today the garden teems with wood sprites | 今天的花园里满是木精灵 |
[49:54] | Flashing blue | 闪烁着蓝光 |
[49:55] | Now white | 变成白色 |
[49:56] | At the edge of seeing | 在视线的边缘 |
[50:03] | It’s good. | 很好 |
[50:05] | – Yeah? – Yeah, that was very cool. | -真的 -真的 真好 |
[50:08] | It’s not my favourite that you’ve written, but it’s nice. | 你的作品中 这不是我最爱的 但挺好的 |
[50:15] | You know, at the beginning, | 你知道吗 刚开始 |
[50:18] | when you came into the class, I didn’t notice you at first. | 你来上课的时候 我并没有注意到你 |
[50:21] | There’s so many people, you know, and… | 有那么多人 你懂的 |
[50:24] | Also, you were very quiet for a while. | 而且很长一段时间你都很安静 |
[50:25] | Then you started to present your work. | 然后你开始展示你的作品 |
[50:28] | But, I mean, I must say, don’t take this wrong, | 但是我必须说 别误会 |
[50:30] | but at the beginning, your work was… | 但一开始 你的作品 |
[50:32] | was very typical, you know? | 非常典型 你知道吗 |
[50:33] | Like, all the… | 就像所有的 |
[50:35] | you know, all the metaphors were very… kind of commonplace, | 所有的比喻都非常 有点老生常谈 |
[50:38] | which is normal, because you’re just experimenting | 这很正常 因为你只是在摸索 |
[50:41] | with the nature of all of this. | 这一切的本质 |
[50:43] | But when you read your poem about Anna, | 但当你读到安娜那首诗时 |
[50:46] | then, I thought, “OK, there is a poet here.” | 然后我想 一个诗人诞生了 |
[50:51] | And from then on, I was just… | 从那以后我就 |
[50:54] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[50:58] | I wonder what… what’s going on with you. | 我想知道你到底怎么了 |
[51:10] | Are you going out with Anna? | 你在跟安娜约会吗 |
[51:15] | No. | 不 |
[51:20] | Do you like women? | 你喜欢女人吗 |
[51:24] | Occasionally. | 偶尔 |
[52:41] | Hey. Come with me. | 跟我来 |
[52:48] | – Is he OK? – Yeah! Of course. | -他没事吧 -当然没事 |
[52:57] | Yeah, let’s go in here. | 我们进去吧 |
[53:11] | So, on Thursday, | 周四那天 |
[53:14] | we’ve been invited to a place | 我们被邀请去一个地方 |
[53:17] | where poets read their poems on stage, like this, | 诗人在舞台上 就像这样 |
[53:20] | in front of an audience. | 面对观众朗诵他们的诗歌 |
[53:23] | Some of them will probably be pretty mediocre, but… | 其中一些可能相当普通 但是 |
[53:26] | I was wondering if you might wanna read a few of yours. | 我想问你愿不愿意读一些你的诗 |
[53:33] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[53:38] | Yeah, I’d like to. | 我愿意 |
[53:42] | I think it’d be a great opportunity. | 我认为这是一个很好的机会 |
[53:50] | Actually, why don’t you just stand up here? | 要不你就站在这里 |
[53:57] | Yeah. Like a stage. | 对 就像一个舞台 |
[54:02] | Can you show me how you’d say one of your poems? | 你能给我读一下你的诗吗 |
[54:06] | Maybe “Anna”? | “安娜”怎么样 |
[54:11] | Anna’s beautiful | 安娜很漂亮 |
[54:13] | Beautiful enough for me | 于我而言 已足够漂亮 |
[54:23] | You know what’s in there? | 你知道里面有什么吗 |
[54:25] | – What? – Your heart. | -有什么 -心 |
[54:28] | Can you try saying it more from there? | 你能试着用这里去读吗 |
[54:31] | From your heart? | 用心去读 |
[54:35] | Anna’s beautiful | 安娜很漂亮 |
[54:37] | Beautiful enough for me | 于我而言 已足够漂亮 |
[54:39] | The sun hits her yellow house | 阳光洒在她的黄色屋顶上 |
[54:43] | It’s almost like a sign from God | 近乎是上帝的明示 |
[54:51] | OK, good. | 很好 |
[54:54] | So, on Thursday we’ll do “Anna” and… | 那么 周四我们读”安娜”还有 |
[54:57] | – how about “The Bull”? – Yeah. | -“公牛”怎么样 -好啊 |
[54:59] | And we’ll practise both of them a little bit every day. | 我们每天都会练习一下这两首诗 |
[55:02] | Ok. | 好 |
[55:38] | – Mr Roy. … – a dozen parameters… | -罗伊先生 -很多参数 |
[55:40] | Yes? One moment. | 怎么了 等我一会 |
[55:44] | So… I’ve got a kid with a good head. | 所以我有个头脑灵光的孩子 |
[55:48] | – I’m happy. – Well, it’s more than that. | -我很高兴 -不止呢 |
[55:52] | I think we have a young Mozart. | 我觉得他是个小莫扎特 |
[55:54] | He’s gifted, Mr Roy. | 他很有天赋 罗伊先生 |
[55:58] | He writes poetry on a level that is far… | 他写诗的水平远远地 |
[56:01] | beyond his age. | 超出了他的年龄 |
[56:06] | Have you talked to Sanjay? | 你和桑杰谈过了吗 |
[56:08] | – Sanjay who? – Your brother, the writer. | -哪个桑杰 -你兄弟 那个作家 |
[56:12] | The writer? | 作家 |
[56:14] | Haven’t talked to him in a month. | 一个月没跟他说话了 |
[56:16] | Oh, I see. He was supposed to call you. | 我明白了 他应该给你打电话的 |
[56:19] | What can I do for you, Lisa? | 你有什么事吗 丽萨 |
[56:20] | Mozart… | 莫扎特 |
[56:22] | was nurtured by kings and queens. | 是由国王和王后养育的 |
[56:26] | They massaged his tired hands. | 他们按摩他疲惫的双手 |
[56:28] | They fed him candy… | 他弹了钢琴 |
[56:30] | while he played the piano. | 他们就给他糖吃 |
[56:33] | And Jimmy doesn’t have that. | 吉米却没有这些待遇 |
[56:34] | I’m not saying he should be spoiled, but he does need support. | 我不是说他该被宠坏 但他确实需要支持 |
[56:39] | And Becca… she’s nice, | 贝卡 虽然人很好 |
[56:44] | but she’s not a good influence on him. | 但是她对他的成长没什么好处 |
[56:47] | Why? | 为什么 |
[56:48] | Well, I think she treats him like any stupid child. | 我觉得她把他当傻孩子一样对待 |
[56:52] | She talks to him like a puppy dog. | 她像跟他说话就像跟小狗一样 |
[56:55] | And I should tell you she’s often late | 我应该告诉你 |
[56:57] | picking him up and dropping him off. | 她接送他经常迟到 |
[56:59] | – Is that true? – Yes. Last week, she was an hour late… | -真的吗 -上周她迟到了一小时 |
[57:03] | Put the change in the coat room. | 把零钱放在衣帽间里 |
[57:04] | …because she was at an audition. | 因为她在试镜 |
[57:07] | I know. I see you’re very busy and… | 我知道你很忙 |
[57:10] | that you’re a very successful man, | 而且是个成功人士 |
[57:11] | and that you don’t have a lot of time. | 而且没有很多时间 |
[57:13] | And I know that Jimmy’s mother isn’t around– | 我知道吉米的妈妈不在身边 |
[57:15] | I want to help my son. | 我很想帮助我儿子 |
[57:17] | Especially if he enjoys doing this. | 尤其是如果他对这个感兴趣的话 |
[57:19] | But I don’t want him to be like my brother. | 但我不希望他像我兄弟一样 |
[57:21] | You met him, right? | 你见过他 对吧 |
[57:23] | He’s 42 years old. | 他都42岁了 |
[57:24] | Makes 50 grand a year because he wanted to be an intellectual. | 才五万年薪 因为他老想成为知识分子 |
[57:32] | I want my son to do good in school, | 我希望我儿子在学校里好好学习 |
[57:33] | I want him to be smart, but… | 我想让他聪明点 但是 |
[57:35] | it’s also good to have a normal life. | 拥有正常的生活也好 |
[57:39] | Make money, be practical. | 赚钱 实际一点 |
[57:41] | But, you know, I don’t like this Becca forgetting to pick him up. | 但是你知道 我不喜欢贝卡忘记去接他 |
[57:45] | I’m gonna ask her to leave. | 我会让她离开的 |
[57:47] | I… I knew it wasn’t going to work, | 这是迟早的事 |
[57:48] | but, you know, whenever this happens, | 但是马上让她走不太现实 |
[57:50] | it’s a real problem for me because… | 因为对我来说有个大问题 |
[57:52] | – who watches him? – I’m happy to. | -谁来照顾他 -我愿意 |
[57:54] | It’s not hard for me. | 对我来说轻易而举 |
[57:56] | Especially if it’s a few hours after school. | 如果只是放学后的几个小时 |
[57:58] | Yeah. That would help me very much. | 那真是帮了我大忙了 |
[58:01] | – Ok! – At least till five or six o’clock. | -没问题 -至少到五六点钟 |
[58:03] | Then I can get a girl to come to the house. | 然后我就可以找一个女孩来我家了 |
[58:05] | Yes, I can do that. | 好 我可以做到 |
[58:06] | And, erm… I don’t know if Jimmy mentioned it to you, | 还有呃 我不知道吉米有没有跟你提过 |
[58:09] | but I’ve asked him to recite a few of his poems | 但我已经让他准备了几首诗 |
[58:12] | in Manhattan on Thursday night at a poetry reading. | 在周四晚上的曼哈顿的一个诗歌会上朗诵 |
[58:16] | See, now, on Thursday he has baseball practice with his friend. | 这个嘛 周四他和他的朋友要练棒球 |
[58:19] | They go together. | 他们一起去 |
[58:20] | So, er… forget it. It’s too complicated. | 所以呃 算了吧 这太复杂了 |
[58:23] | Mm. I see. | 我明白了 |
[58:27] | They need things simple at this age. | 在这个年龄段 他们需要简单的事情 |
[58:30] | Oh, no, no, er… they’ve got it arranged. | 不不 他们已经安排好了 |
[58:32] | The father of the kid takes him. | 另一个孩子的爸爸带他们去 |
[58:36] | It’s a shame… | 那可真遗憾 |
[58:38] | that he won’t be able to go to the reading. | 他不能去诗歌会了 |
[58:40] | Don’t overthink it. | 别想太多 |
[58:42] | They need things simple at this age. | 在这个年龄段 他们需要简单的事情 |
[59:08] | You know what? Let’s turn our phones off. | 要不我们把手机关了吧 |
[59:11] | And then we can just… | 然后我们就可以 |
[59:13] | look at the art, and not worry about anything else. | 看看这些艺术品 不用担心其他的事 |
[59:50] | Hi. | 你好 |
[59:52] | I tried to call three times. | 我都打过3次电话了 |
[59:56] | Come on, honey. Let’s go. | 来吧 亲爱的 我们走 |
[1:00:13] | Anna is beautiful | 安娜很漂亮 |
[1:00:16] | Beautiful enough for me | 于我而言 已足够漂亮 |
[1:00:19] | The sun hits her yellow house | 阳光洒在她的黄色屋顶上 |
[1:00:21] | It’s almost like a sign from God | 近乎是上帝的明示 |
[1:00:26] | That was great, Jimmy. | 太棒了 吉米 |
[1:00:29] | Do it just like that tonight, OK? | 今晚就这样做 好吗 |
[1:00:32] | Ok. Now… | 那么现在 |
[1:00:34] | I’ll be somebody in the audience, | 我会假装是一名观众 |
[1:00:36] | and I’ll pretend to ask you a question, OK? | 我会假装问你一个问题 好吗 |
[1:00:38] | I’m going to raise my hand. | 我会举手 |
[1:00:40] | Mr Jimmy Roy. | 吉米·罗伊先生 |
[1:00:43] | Who is Anna? | 谁是安娜 |
[1:00:46] | And then you have to answer. | 然后你得回答 |
[1:00:49] | So, you can say… | 那么你可以说 |
[1:00:54] | You can say Anna is a little tweeting bird. | 你可以说安娜是一只吱吱叫的小鸟 |
[1:00:58] | Or you can say she’s one of the little girls in our kindergarten. | 你也可以说她是我们幼儿园的一个小女孩 |
[1:01:01] | Or you can say she’s the moon, or a star, or… | 或者你可以说她是月亮 星星 或者 |
[1:01:06] | You can say whatever you want. | 你想说什么就说什么 |
[1:01:16] | – Hi, Richard. – Hey. | -你好理查德 -你好 |
[1:01:18] | – Can I talk to you for a sec? – Sure. | -能聊两句吗 -当然 |
[1:01:20] | OK, great. | 好的 |
[1:01:22] | So… Jimmy was really not feeling well today. | 吉米今天真的不太舒服 |
[1:01:25] | I think maybe it’s best if he skips baseball. | 我想他最好还是别打棒球了 |
[1:01:29] | Well, that’s fine with me. | 我没意见 |
[1:01:30] | Better he’s not running around in the heat. | 他最好不要在大热天跑来跑去 |
[1:01:32] | Does Nikhil need me to take him to the doctor? | 尼基尔需要我带他去看医生吗 |
[1:01:34] | Uh… You know, I just spoke to him. | 我刚和他通过话 |
[1:01:37] | I’m happy to keep Jimmy tonight. | 我很乐意今晚照顾吉米 |
[1:01:39] | I just was concerned | 我只是有点担心 |
[1:01:40] | because I know you’ve got two other babes in the house, | 因为我知道你家里还有两个宝宝 |
[1:01:42] | and I wouldn’t want him to get everyone else sick. | 我可不想让他把其他人都传染上感冒 |
[1:01:45] | All right. As long as Nikhil’s fine with it? | 好吧 只要尼基尔没意见就行 |
[1:01:47] | He agreed it would probably be better. | 他同意这样可能会更好 |
[1:01:49] | Thanks, Lisa. | 谢谢 丽萨 |
[1:01:51] | OK. All right, see you tomorrow. | 没问题 明天见 |
[1:02:15] | Who you think you’re talkin’ to? | 你以为你在跟谁说话 |
[1:02:17] | Don’t you know I’m the reason why | 难道你不知道是我 |
[1:02:18] | you can’t shut any wet part of your face? | 让你无法闭上满是泪水的眼睛吗 |
[1:02:20] | While all the badass hurricanes struck a woman’s name | 当流言蜚语像海啸一样攻击一个女人的名声 |
[1:02:23] | I put God in my hands, | 我把上帝攥在我的手中 |
[1:02:24] | snapped Watched it rain | 眼看着大雨滂沱 |
[1:02:26] | Skid my teeth across the thin skin of my full lip | 我的牙齿从我薄薄的嘴唇上划过 |
[1:02:29] | Just to usher the sun in, so, yeah | 只是为了迎接太阳 所以 是的 |
[1:02:31] | I make you dog pant Make you beg big | 我让你气喘吁吁 跪地求饶 |
[1:02:33] | But I’m also the reason you hallelujah | 但也是我让你们高呼哈利路亚 |
[1:02:35] | Just as much life I’ve given you I can taketh away | 就像我赐予你的生命一样 我同样可以取走 |
[1:02:38] | Calling me bitch Only sharpens my blade | 叫我婊子只会让我的刀刃更锋利 |
[1:02:41] | Only makes me wanna watch you Gargle your own tongue | 只会让我更想看你咬断自己的舌头 |
[1:02:43] | I’ve been a killer | 我是个杀手 |
[1:02:45] | Baby, I keep caskets warm God in business | 宝贝 我让棺材变得不再冰冷 |
[1:02:47] | I parade into rooms and the wallpaper Don’t even stand up no more | 我走进房间 墙纸也不敢抬起头来 |
[1:02:51] | My pussy be hurricane season | 我就像一场飓风 |
[1:02:53] | So the next time You see me walk in a room | 所以下次你看到我走进一个房间 |
[1:02:56] | Out a room, up the block Shit, down the block | 然后出去 上楼 下楼 |
[1:02:58] | Just say Amen Like I’m the answer to the sky | 高呼”阿门”吧 因为我即是这天地间的真理 |
[1:03:22] | Hi, this is Jimmy Roy, | 大家好 这是吉米·罗伊 |
[1:03:25] | and he’ll be reciting two poems for you tonight. | 他今晚会为你们朗诵两首诗 |
[1:03:39] | Anna is beautiful | 安娜很漂亮 |
[1:03:42] | Beautiful enough for me | 于我而言 已足够漂亮 |
[1:03:44] | The sun hits her yellow house | 阳光洒在她的黄色屋顶上 |
[1:03:47] | It’s almost like a sign from God | 近乎是上帝的明示 |
[1:03:56] | The Bull. | 公牛 |
[1:03:59] | The bull stood alone in the back yard | 一只公牛独自站在后院 |
[1:04:02] | So dark | 漆黑一片 |
[1:04:04] | I opened the door and stepped out | 我打开门走出去 |
[1:04:07] | Wind in the branches | 风拂过树枝吹来 |
[1:04:09] | He watched me | 他看着我 |
[1:04:11] | Blue eyes | 深邃的蓝眼睛 |
[1:04:12] | He kept breathing to stay alive | 他喘着粗气努力活着 |
[1:04:15] | I didn’t want him | 我不愿像他那样 |
[1:04:16] | I was just a boy | 我只是一个小男孩 |
[1:04:18] | Say yes | 答应吧 |
[1:04:21] | Say yes, anyway | 无论如何 答应吧 |
[1:04:30] | Er… I’m sorry to ask such a basic question, | 抱歉 我想问一个基本问题 |
[1:04:34] | but… are these your poems? | 这些诗其实是你写的吧 |
[1:04:37] | And if so, are you using him | 如果是的话 你是把他 |
[1:04:39] | as a sort of poetic medium? | 当作一个表达诗歌的媒介吗 |
[1:04:45] | No, these are his poems. | 不是的 这些是他自己的诗 |
[1:04:48] | He wrote them. | 是他自己写的 |
[1:04:52] | Bravo! | 真棒 |
[1:04:56] | Erm… For the, erm… young man. | 我要问一下这位年轻人 |
[1:04:59] | How long have you been writing poetry? | 你写诗多久了 |
[1:05:02] | I started when I was five. | 我从五岁开始写诗 |
[1:05:07] | Jimmy? I was wondering, | 吉米 我想知道 |
[1:05:09] | who is this Anna that you write about? | 你在诗中提到的的安娜是谁 |
[1:05:13] | Anna could be… anyone you love. | 安娜可以是任何你所爱的人 |
[1:05:18] | For me, | 对于我来说 |
[1:05:19] | she’s my kindergarten teacher’s helper, Meghan. | 她是我幼儿园老师的助教 梅根 |
[1:05:41] | Jacket’s tight on my arms. | 我的手臂这里好紧 |
[1:05:43] | I wanna take it off. | 我想把这件夹克脱了 |
[1:05:54] | Why are you upset? | 为什么你那么难过 |
[1:05:59] | I’m not. | 我没有 |
[1:06:01] | I’m just emotional | 我只是有点激动 |
[1:06:02] | because… I’m so proud of you. | 孩子 我为你感到骄傲 |
[1:06:04] | You did such a beautiful job. | 你做得太棒了 |
[1:06:08] | They clapped me. | 他们还给我鼓掌了 |
[1:06:20] | They loved it. | 他们喜欢你的诗 |
[1:06:26] | Jimmy, can you wait outside for me for a minute? | 吉米 能在外面等一下我吗 |
[1:06:31] | Just wait right there, right outside the door. | 在那不要动 就在门外等我 |
[1:06:55] | Jimmy? | 吉米 |
[1:07:08] | What I’ve always thought… | 我一直以为 |
[1:07:14] | Hi, Jimmy. | 吉米 |
[1:07:23] | He’s incredible, isn’t he? | 他很令人难以置信 对吧 |
[1:07:27] | I think you should leave the class, Lisa. | 你不能留在班级里了 丽萨 |
[1:07:31] | I’m uncomfortable with the fact that you’re | 我无法接受这种行为 |
[1:07:33] | presenting work that is not your own. | 你在盗用别人的创作 |
[1:07:37] | Ok. | 好 |
[1:07:39] | All artists, they take from each other. But what you’re doing… | 艺术家们会互相借鉴 但你的行为 |
[1:07:43] | Um, I don’t know. It’s… something different. | 我不知道怎么说 跟他们不同 |
[1:07:47] | You’re leeching off a child. | 你在剥削一个孩子 |
[1:07:50] | Oh, I’m so sorry that you see it that way. | 如果你这样想的话 我感到很遗憾 |
[1:07:53] | You break the… the whole trust that goes into a classroom. | 你在这个班里做有违诚信的事 |
[1:07:56] | The whole ethic. I don’t see what’s the point. | 破坏基本的道德 我不明白你的目的 |
[1:07:59] | Uh, I was excited about you, Lisa. | 我之前很欣赏你 丽萨 |
[1:08:02] | Well, this is about him. | 其实 我做的一切都是为了他 |
[1:08:04] | No, it is very unclear what you’re doing. | 不 你做了什么我不清楚 |
[1:08:09] | What’s clear is that you’re not an artist. | 清楚的是你并不是个艺术家 |
[1:08:12] | You’re just, uh… an art appreciator, a… | 你仅仅是一个艺术爱好者 |
[1:08:15] | a dilettante. | 业余爱好者 |
[1:08:19] | It’s very different, don’t you think? | 这两者有很大的不同 你说呢 |
[1:09:39] | Where have you been? | 你忙什么去了 |
[1:09:45] | The reading went late. | 读诗会开久了一点 |
[1:09:58] | – It went OK? – Yeah. | -怎么样 -没什么 |
[1:10:11] | Are you proud of the kids, Lise? | 你为孩子们感到骄傲吗 丽萨 |
[1:10:18] | Do you mean our kids? | 是说我们的孩子吗 |
[1:10:24] | Josh said the other day that… | 乔什说前两天 |
[1:10:29] | he thought you seemed disappointed in them. | 他感觉你看起来对他们非常失望 |
[1:10:43] | No. | 不是的 |
[1:10:45] | Of course not. | 当然不会了 |
[1:11:07] | X-ing X’s. | 描完这些X |
[1:11:10] | X-ing X. | 描完X |
[1:11:16] | Jimmy, it’s Lisa, where are you? | 吉米 是我 你在哪 |
[1:11:19] | Are you sick? I… I hope not. | 你不舒服吗 最好不是 |
[1:11:22] | I don’t even know if I need to take care of you this afternoon. | 我甚至不知道你今天下午需不需要照顾 |
[1:11:28] | So can you please call me? | 所以可以麻烦你打给我吗 |
[1:11:29] | Let me know what’s going on? | 可以让我知道你的情况吗 |
[1:11:33] | OK, bye. | 拜拜 |
[1:11:52] | Hi, Jimmy. | 吉米 |
[1:11:57] | Mr Roy. Let me just find a… | 罗伊先生 稍等 我找个合适的 |
[1:11:59] | Let me just find a place where we can talk. | 让我找个打电话的地方 |
[1:12:05] | Nikhil. Nikhil, listen to me. | 尼基尔 尼基尔 听我说 |
[1:12:08] | Listen. Listen for a second. Nobody’s fighting with you. | 听我说一句 听着 我没在跟你吵架 |
[1:12:11] | I did it in the name of his talent. | 我是为他的天赋才这么做的 |
[1:12:16] | No! It wasn’t a bar. It was a poetry club. | 不 不是酒吧 那是一个诗会 |
[1:12:25] | Yes! | 我理解 |
[1:12:27] | I do under… I do. | 我完全理解 |
[1:12:29] | I thought it was very late, | 那时挺晚了 |
[1:12:32] | and that it made much more sense for him to spend the night. | 所以我就干脆让他在我家睡了 |
[1:12:41] | I think you’re reacting very strongly, | 我认为您反应过度了 |
[1:12:44] | but of course you’re entitled to your opinion. | 不过您完全有权利保留您的意见 |
[1:12:53] | Yes, I should have asked for your permission, | 是的 我本应该先取得您的同意 |
[1:12:55] | and I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[1:13:05] | Meghan. | 梅根 |
[1:13:07] | Is everything okay? | 没出什么事吧 |
[1:13:09] | Yeah, that was Jimmy’s dad. | 嗯 是吉米爸爸 |
[1:13:12] | He’s leaving us. He’s gonna go to another kindergarten. | 他要离开了 要转去另一家幼儿园了 |
[1:13:17] | Uh… That’s… That’s too bad. I’m sorry to hear that. | 那 那可太糟了 我挺遗憾的 |
[1:13:22] | OK, everybody. | 孩子们 |
[1:13:25] | Let’s have some snacks. | 一起吃点零食吧 |
[1:13:26] | I have grape. | 我要吃葡萄 |
[1:13:28] | Carrot. | 胡萝卜 |
[1:13:29] | Me too. | 我也要 |
[1:13:31] | Yeah, me too. | 对 我也要 |
[1:13:34] | Gluten free. | 无麸质的 |
[1:13:35] | I don’t like those kind of crackers. | 我不喜欢这种零食 |
[1:13:37] | We need a big one. Oh, I don’t want a raisin snack. | 我们要大一点的 我不想要这种葡萄干 |
[1:13:53] | – Who’s here? – We’re all here. | -谁在家 -我们都在 |
[1:13:55] | Oh, good. | 很好 |
[1:13:57] | Uh, I was thinking I would cook | 我准备今晚 |
[1:13:59] | a big dinner tonight, for everyone. | 给你们所有人做一顿好菜 |
[1:14:01] | I went to the market. I got some great stuff. | 我去了趟市场 买了些好东西 |
[1:14:04] | Mmph! Honey, you’re sweaty. | 宝贝 你太甜了 |
[1:14:09] | – You ok? – Yeah. | -你还好吧 -没事 |
[1:14:16] | Josh? | 乔什 |
[1:14:22] | Lainey? | 莱妮 |
[1:14:26] | Hey. I got some great food. | 我买了些好吃的菜 |
[1:14:28] | I was hoping we could have dinner together tonight. | 我们今晚一起吃吧 |
[1:14:31] | I sort of can’t. | 我不太行 |
[1:14:32] | I’m supposed to go to Kelly’s to study for bio. | 我和凯莉约好去她那做生物的作业 |
[1:14:34] | Well, can you go after? | 要不吃完再去 |
[1:14:39] | Hey, I would really appreciate it if we | 我挺希望我们今晚 |
[1:14:40] | could sit down and have a meal together, | 能够一起吃顿晚餐 |
[1:14:42] | just once, like a normal family. | 毕竟很久没有像别人家那样 |
[1:14:45] | It’s been a long time. | 一起吃晚饭了 |
[1:14:48] | OK. I’ll tell Josh. | 好吧 我跟乔什说一下 |
[1:14:51] | But can I leave at 7:30? | 那我7点半走可以吗 |
[1:14:53] | Yeah. | 当然 |
[1:14:57] | Mom? | 妈 |
[1:15:00] | Sorry I got so upset with you the other night. | 对不起那天晚上对你发脾气了 |
[1:15:03] | Probably could have worded that a little bit better. | 我不该那样说的 |
[1:15:06] | Came off kind of bitchy. | 对你有点太凶了 |
[1:15:11] | It’s ok. | 没事的 |
[1:15:18] | How was your meeting? | 你的面试怎么样了 |
[1:15:20] | It was fine. | 还不错 |
[1:15:22] | There are actually so many benefits to joining up. | 参军其实有不少好处 |
[1:15:24] | They’ll even pay for a year of my college. | 他们还会替我交一年大学学费 |
[1:15:30] | Ok. | 好 |
[1:15:33] | You don’t mind? | 你不介意了吗 |
[1:16:41] | Have a good day. | 希望你过得快乐 |
[1:18:29] | Hey, Jimmy. | 吉米 |
[1:18:47] | It’s so hot today. I thought maybe we could go swimming. | 今天很热 要不我们出去游泳吧 |
[1:18:50] | – You know how to swim? – Yes. | -你会游泳吗 -我会 |
[1:18:53] | Turn that. Push it to the left. | 转那个把手 向左边推 |
[1:19:07] | I missed you. | 我很想你 |
[1:19:47] | Where we’re driving, up north, is so beautiful. | 我们去的那个地方在北边 那里很美 |
[1:19:50] | Big mountains. | 那里有高大的山 |
[1:19:53] | A lake you can swim in. | 还有一片可以游泳的湖 |
[1:19:55] | Have you ever done that before? | 你没在湖里游过泳吧 |
[1:19:57] | No. I’ve only been in a pool. | 没有 只去过游泳池 |
[1:20:02] | But I like to swim. | 不过我很喜欢游泳 |
[1:20:09] | How long are we going swimming for? | 我们要游很久吗 |
[1:20:14] | As long as we want. | 想游多久都可以 |
[1:21:01] | You wanna swim like the other kids? | 想像他们一样去游泳吗 |
[1:21:04] | Come on. I’ll go with you. | 来 我和你一起游 |
[1:21:13] | All right. | 好了 |
[1:22:01] | Wanna make a wish? | 许个愿吧 |
[1:22:12] | I have a poem. | 我想写诗 |
[1:22:17] | Ok. | 好 |
[1:22:18] | Come. Let’s move in a little. | 来 回岸边吧 |
[1:22:26] | Anna, get up | 安娜 起身吧 |
[1:22:29] | Remember | 你要记住 |
[1:22:30] | Loneliness is still time spent With the world | 你孤独时 世界不曾停止彷徨 |
[1:22:38] | Here’s the room with everyone in it | 穹顶之下 所有人们聚之一堂 |
[1:22:41] | Your dead friends passing through you | 已故之友穿过你的心房 |
[1:22:45] | Like wind through a wind chime | 像风拂过悬铃叮当作响 |
[1:22:48] | Don’t be afraid, Anna | 不要害怕 安娜 |
[1:22:51] | The end of the road is so far ahead | 路的尽头还在遥远的前方 |
[1:22:55] | It is already behind us | 这尽头已在我们身后 |
[1:23:04] | Oh, Jimmy. | 吉米 |
[1:23:41] | Hm. It’s beautiful, isn’t it? | 很美 你说是吧 |
[1:23:45] | So different from home. | 和家里真不同呢 |
[1:23:48] | It’s beautiful… | 很美 |
[1:23:50] | and sad-looking too. | 但也很忧愁 |
[1:23:53] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[1:23:55] | Sadness never ends. | 人不如意 十之八九 |
[1:23:58] | Van Gogh said that before he died. | 梵高临死前说过这样的话 |
[1:24:09] | OK. Go get cleaned up, all right? | 去洗个澡吧 |
[1:24:13] | You’re covered in sand and dirt. | 你身上都是沙子 |
[1:24:21] | Go ahead. | 去吧 |
[1:24:40] | Hey, Jimmy. | 吉米 |
[1:24:42] | Are you OK with the hot water? | 水会不会太热 |
[1:25:19] | I’m gonna go get washed up too. | 我也要洗个澡 |
[1:25:59] | Jimmy? | 吉米 |
[1:26:14] | Hey, Jimmy, did you lock the door? | 吉米 你把门锁上了吗 |
[1:26:16] | Yes. | 对 |
[1:26:19] | On purpose? | 故意的吗 |
[1:26:21] | Yes. | 嗯 |
[1:26:25] | Hey, Jimmy, sweetie. Open the door. | 吉米 宝贝 过来把门打开 |
[1:26:28] | You know how much I care about you. I love you so much. | 你知道我一直很关心你 我很爱你 |
[1:26:31] | This whole trip was planned for you. | 这趟旅行都是为了你 |
[1:26:35] | Open the door, baby. | 开门 宝贝 |
[1:26:41] | Jimmy. | 吉米 |
[1:26:44] | Listen, tomorrow, we’re gonna go back to the lake | 这样 明天 我们继续去那座湖边 |
[1:26:47] | and we’re gonna get ice cream. | 我会给你买冰淇淋吃 |
[1:26:50] | And then… | 之后 |
[1:26:52] | we’re gonna drive across the border… | 我们就开车出境 |
[1:26:55] | and you’re gonna recite your poems… | 到那边之后 你可以慢慢背你写过的诗 |
[1:26:58] | and I’m gonna write them down, | 我再把它们记下来 |
[1:27:00] | and we’re gonna publish a book that has your name on it. | 我们会出版一本署你名字的诗集 |
[1:27:03] | Just think about that. | 想象一下那样的情景 |
[1:27:11] | Hello, I’ve been kidnapped. Can you help me? | 我被绑架了 你能帮我吗 |
[1:27:20] | Hey, Jimmy, if you wanna call the police, | 吉米 如果你想报警 |
[1:27:23] | you have to dial 911. | 你得拨911 |
[1:27:32] | – 911. What’s your emergency? – You know, Jimmy… | -这里是911 请讲 -吉米 |
[1:27:36] | this world is going to erase you. | 这个世界会把你磨平的 |
[1:27:40] | There’s not a place in this world for you. | 这个世界容不下你 |
[1:27:44] | For people like you… | 那些像你一样的人 |
[1:27:46] | Couple of years, you were gonna be… | 不出几年 你就会变得 |
[1:27:49] | just a shadow, just like me. | 泯然众人矣 像我之前一样 |
[1:28:01] | – No, she’s in the shower. – OK. Where are you? | -不 她在洗澡 -你在哪 |
[1:28:04] | Have you come here before? | 你来过这里吗 |
[1:28:08] | Jimmy? | 吉米 |
[1:28:10] | I’m in a place with lots of beech trees. | 这里有很多山毛榉树 |
[1:28:13] | OK. Um, can you just… | 好的 那么 |
[1:28:17] | Yes, I’m near Canada. | 对 旁边就是加拿大 |
[1:28:21] | Jimmy, tell them you’re at Placid Oaks Motel, | 吉米 告诉他们你在宁静橡木汽车旅馆 |
[1:28:25] | room 114. | 114房 |
[1:28:29] | And tell them I don’t have a weapon. | 还有 告诉他们我没有武器 |
[1:28:32] | I’m in Placid Oaks Motel, room 114… | 我在宁静橡木汽车旅馆的114号房 |
[1:28:38] | and she doesn’t have a weapon. | 而且她没有武器 |
[1:28:43] | What did they say? | 他们说了什么 |
[1:28:47] | They said to hang tight and they’ll be here soon. | 他们要我保持警惕等待救援 |
[1:29:00] | Hey, Jimmy. | 吉米 |
[1:29:03] | Can you open the door, please? | 你可以开一下门吗 求你了 |
[1:29:05] | I’d like to get my clothes on… | 我想在警方到这之前 |
[1:29:08] | before the policemen come. | 穿好衣服 |
[1:31:09] | …needs to do his poetry, but he’s done all that now… | 要他写诗 但是他现在写完了 |
[1:31:12] | Copy that. | 收到 |
[1:31:19] | We’ll get you an ice cream in just one second. | 我们马上给你拿好吃的冰淇淋来 |
[1:31:26] | …once the patch is on, we’ll, uh… we… we can coordinate… | 获取相关线索之后 我们就可以整理出 |
[1:31:31] | We’re gonna need to interview the suspect… | 我们计划先审讯这个嫌疑人 |
[1:31:37] | I have a poem. | 我想到首诗 |
[1:31:45] | I have a poem. | 我想到首诗 |