英文名称:The Lady
年代:2011
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:50] | Dad, tell me a story. | 爸爸 给我讲个故事吧 |
[00:53] | I can tell you about Burma, | 那就讲个缅甸的故事吧 |
[00:57] | the time when it was called the Gold Country. | 古时候这里被称作黄金之国 |
[01:01] | This is a story that you like that? | 你喜欢这个故事吗 |
[01:03] | Yes! | 喜欢 |
[01:11] | There was once a beautiful country, | 从前有个美丽的国度 |
[01:15] | Burma. | 缅甸 |
[01:16] | Everywhere there was forests of teak and ebony. | 到处都是柚木和乌木的森林 |
[01:20] | At that time, tigers roamed the jungles | 那时候 老虎在丛林中漫步 |
[01:25] | and herds of elephants roamed the Great Plains . | 象群在大平原上游弋 |
[01:31] | It was sapphires as blue as the sky azure | 像天空一样湛蓝的蓝宝石 |
[01:34] | and rubies even redder than your cheeks. | 比你的脸颊还要红润的红宝石 |
[01:39] | Jewelry that even a princess like you would not dream. | 你这样的公主都想象不到的奇珍异宝… |
[01:44] | And then? | 然后呢 |
[01:46] | In fact, this is a sad story. | 事实上 这是一个悲伤的故事 |
[01:49] | Soldiers came from a far country | 遥远的国度来了一伙强盗 |
[01:51] | and took of all that was most precious. | 抢走了我们所有珍贵的财富 |
[01:56] | Thus we have become very poor. | 因此 我们变得十分贫穷 |
[02:06] | My treasure! | 我的小宝贝 |
[02:16] | Sit there, my darling. | 乖 坐在这里 |
[02:20] | I gotta go, but mom is there. | 我得走了 妈妈在这里 |
[03:17] | Hello! | 你们好 |
[03:56] | What is needed urgently is to form a government. | 我们迫切需要组成一个政府 |
[04:00] | Without popular support | 没有民众支持 |
[04:02] | our government will have no democratic legitimacy. | 我们的政府就没有民主合法性 |
[04:49] | Here we go. | 我们走 |
[05:09] | General! | 昂山将军… |
[05:43] | Mr Aris. | 阿里斯先生 |
[05:45] | The doctor is waiting to see you. | 医生正在等您 |
[05:58] | – Hello Mike – Hello, how are you? | -你好 迈克 -你好 |
[06:00] | – Please take a seat. – Thank you. | -请坐 -谢谢 |
[06:04] | It’s always very difficult to predict the progress of something like this. | 一般很难预测病情发展 |
[06:08] | It could be as little as a five months | 快的话 五个月 |
[06:10] | or as long as five years. | 慢的话 五年 |
[06:13] | Enough time for you to put your affairs in order, I hope. | 您应该安排一下您的事情了 |
[06:19] | Would you like me to ask the nurse to arrange for your wife to come and collect you? | 需要我们叫您太太来接您吗 |
[06:25] | My wife? | 我太太? |
[06:29] | Would that she could. | 如果她可以… |
[06:31] | She lives in Burma now, you see. | 但她现在人在缅甸 |
[07:03] | – Good morning. – Good morning. | -早上好 -早上好 |
[07:05] | Could we pass these around, please? | 能分发一下这些东西吗 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1318个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:283个,六级词汇:141个,GRE词汇:140个,托福词汇:207个,考研词汇:304个,专四词汇:257个,专八词汇:40个, 所有生词标注共:478个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[07:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[07:11] | Today I thought we might talk about, | 今天我想谈谈… |
[07:14] | how the Bhutanese people have always placed great emphasis on family loyalty, | 不丹人是如何强调家庭忠诚的 |
[07:19] | the bonds of community, | 社区的纽带作用 |
[07:24] | and respect for their elders. | 以及对老年人的尊重… |
[07:57] | – Bloody rain! – Yes, come in. | -该死的雨 -请进 |
[08:02] | So it’s definitely cancer then? | 肯定是癌症无疑了 |
[08:10] | Prostate cancer, as a matter of fact. | 确定是前列腺癌 |
[08:13] | And did they give you any indication as to how long before… | 告诉你还能坚持多久了吗 |
[08:19] | In anything from a few months to five years. | 五个月到五年 |
[08:23] | – Good God, Michael. – No, no. | -真糟糕 迈克 -不 |
[08:24] | I could achieve a lot in five years. | 五年时间我能做很多事情 |
[08:30] | What about Suu? | 素怎么办 |
[08:33] | Surely she’ll want to return to Oxford when she hears this. | 如果你想她回到牛津的话… |
[08:35] | Anthony! You know as well as I do if she ever leaves Burma, | 安东尼 你知道如果她离开缅甸 |
[08:39] | they will never allow her to return. | 他们是不会允许她再回去的 |
[08:42] | What about you, Michael? You haven’t seen her for three years. | 那你怎么办 你们三年没见面了 |
[08:45] | She’s your wife, she’s the mother of your children. | 她是你的妻子 孩子的母亲 |
[08:49] | The red carpet would be rolled out if she asked to be allowed to come home. | 军政府会铺上红地毯欢送她离开的 |
[08:53] | She can’t walk away now. | 她现在可以一走了之 |
[08:55] | Too much blood has been spilled. | 已经流了太多的血 |
[08:56] | Countless lives have been lost. | 死了太多的人 |
[08:58] | Millions upon millions of people are counting on her. | 成百万计的人都在指望着她 |
[09:11] | Whatever happens, Anthony, | 无论发生什么 安东尼 |
[09:13] | promise me that you’ll keep an eye out for the boys. | 答应我照顾好孩子们 |
[09:15] | Of course! You can count on me 100 percent, you know that. | 当然 你相信我的 对吧 |
[09:19] | Yes. | 是的 |
[10:11] | – Hello darling. – Hello angel. | -你好 亲爱的 -你好啊 |
[10:18] | How’s the book going? | 书写的怎么样了 |
[10:20] | Slowly. | 很慢 |
[10:23] | That smells good. | 闻起来不错 |
[10:24] | – We’re having Burmese tonight. – All right. | -今晚吃缅甸菜 -太好了 |
[10:30] | Stop it! | 别闹了 |
[10:33] | – Did you think of a title? – Yes. | -书名起好了吗 -起好了 |
[10:35] | Father of Aung San Suu Kyi | 「我的父亲 昂山素季著」 |
[10:37] | Well, it’s original. It’s… | 很有原创性 |
[10:47] | There’s storm coming. | 暴风雨快来了 |
[10:49] | Hi, Mum. Hi, Dad. | 你们好 爸爸妈妈 |
[10:50] | Hello, did you have a good day? | 今天过得怎么样 |
[10:52] | It’s okay day. I’m starving, though! | 还行 我饿了 |
[10:54] | Supper’s at seven. | 晚上七点开饭 |
[10:57] | – Do you have much homework? – It’s all done. | -有家庭作业吗 -都做完了 |
[10:59] | Kim. | 金 |
[11:00] | – Well, almost. – You’d better get started then. | -基本做完了 -快去做作业 |
[11:03] | – Mom. – Hello Alex. | -妈妈好 -你好 亚历山大 |
[11:10] | In Burma today, violence has erupted on the streets of Rangoon… | 缅甸仰光的大街上发生骚乱 |
[11:16] | – Suu? – Hmm? | -素 -嗯 |
[11:19] | …an incident in which students were mown down by the authorities. | 当局对学生的大规模屠杀 |
[11:22] | Eye witnesses at the incident claimed that hundreds of students | 据目击者称 几百名学生 |
[11:26] | taking part in a peaceful demonstration at Inyar lake, | 在茵雅湖举行和平抗议活动时 |
[11:29] | were shot and killed by soldiers at point black range, | 遭到军队近距离射杀 |
[11:32] | many more protestors sustained serious injuries. | 更有多名示威者严重受伤 |
[11:35] | They are demanding an end to the military dictatorship | 示威者要求军政府结束独裁统治 |
[11:38] | that has ruled the country with an iron fist | 他们于1962年发动政变上台 |
[11:40] | since a coup in 1962. | 在缅甸实现铁腕统治 |
[11:43] | Burma’s government is known as | 缅甸政府是世界上… |
[11:44] | one of the world’s most oppressive and secretive regimes. | 最残酷和最秘密的政府之一 |
[11:48] | But despite the authorities’ determined attempts to crush this uprising, | 尽管当局决心镇压这场暴乱 |
[11:52] | it appears that the student’s movement, is rapidly gaining massive popular support. | 学生们得到了民众越来越多的支持 |
[12:04] | Hello. | 喂 |
[12:05] | I’m glad to hear your voice. | 很高兴听到您的声音 |
[12:08] | Your mother is at the central hospital. | 您的母亲住进了中央医院 |
[12:12] | You should come quickly. | 您最好赶紧过来 |
[12:37] | My mother had a stroke. | 妈妈中风了 |
[12:44] | I’ll sort you out a flight. | 我帮你订一张机票 |
[13:10] | Be good, won’t you? Help Daddy around the house. | 在家里要听话 多帮帮你父亲 |
[13:13] | It will be hard for me to get to a phone, | 在那里很难找到电话 |
[13:15] | so don’t worry if it’s a while before you hear from me. | 没有我的消息也不要担心 |
[13:22] | – How long are you going to be away? – A week. Or maybe two. | -您什么时候回来 -一周 也许两周 |
[13:28] | Right, that’s it. | 我们走吧 |
[13:29] | Come on, come on. | 快 快 |
[13:30] | We’re very late. Come on, rush! | 已经很迟了 |
[13:33] | Come on. On time. Okay. Bye. | 快点 没时间了 |
[13:37] | Bon voyage. I love you. | 我爱你 |
[13:39] | Driver, please hurry. Please. | 司机 请开快点 |
[13:41] | I love you. Bye. | 我爱你 拜 |
[14:19] | – You come from England? – That’s it. | -您从英国来 -是的 |
[14:22] | You stay long? | 您待多久 |
[14:23] | The time it takes. | 办完事情就走 |
[14:41] | – Uncle Leo. – You are as beautiful as ever. | -里奥叔叔 -你还是那么漂亮 |
[14:45] | Did you hear the whole uproar | 你知道怎么开始的吗 |
[14:47] | started after our General in his great wisdom, | 奈温将军下令禁止流通… |
[14:49] | decided to ban any denomination that wasn’t a multiple of nine. | 任何不是九的倍数的钞票面值 |
[14:53] | Well nine is his lucky number. | 九是他的幸运数字 |
[14:55] | The universities can’t provide lunch any more. | 大学餐馆无法提供午餐 |
[14:57] | That’s why the students have taken to the streets. | 因此学生涌上街头 |
[14:59] | All this just because of the superstitious whims of a madman. | 都因为这个疯子的迷信 |
[15:08] | Call me if you need me. | 需要的话就给我打电话 |
[15:10] | I will. Thank you for everything, uncle Leo. | 好的 谢谢你 里奥叔叔 |
[15:22] | LIKE THE COUNTRY | 「热爱祖国」 |
[15:36] | Suu! Suu! | 素 |
[15:40] | Mum. | 妈妈 |
[15:41] | – How are you feeling? – Tired. | -您现在好点了吗 -很累 |
[16:11] | – Did you hear about the massacre? – Yes. | -你听说大屠杀了吗 -听说了 |
[16:15] | The riots, it made headline news across the world. | 这次骚乱已经登上了世界各地的头版头条 |
[16:18] | What’s my little boys doing? | 小孙子怎么样了 |
[16:20] | Not so little these days. | 他们都不再是小孩了 |
[17:06] | It’s time the toilet. | 该上厕所了 |
[17:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:15] | Come on. | 快点 |
[17:20] | There’s no need for that. Come on, have a good day. Don’t be silly. | 那东西不需要 祝你们好运 别犯傻 |
[17:23] | Come on, have a good day. Off you go. | 今天过得开心 可以走了 |
[17:26] | – And Kim, put your collar down. – Yes | -金 把领子翻下来 -好 |
[17:29] | Okay. | 好了 |
[17:30] | Goodbye. Goodbye. | 再见 |
[17:43] | Is she talking to others? | 她有和别人说话吗 |
[17:46] | Only a few. | 只有几个人 |
[17:51] | Does she said the duration of his stay? | 她说要待多久了吗 |
[17:55] | She said “how long it takes.” | 她说把事办完 |
[18:00] | Return here immediately. | 立即回去监视 |
[18:21] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[18:22] | They’re looking for students. We must go. | 他们在逮捕学生 我们得走 |
[18:24] | Hold on. She can’t leave in this condition. She should stay here. | 她现在这样根本走不了 她需要留在这儿 |
[18:28] | Wait. | 等等 |
[18:30] | Don’t do anything hasty. | 别蛮干 |
[18:32] | Calm down first. | 冷静点 |
[18:35] | I suggest we take her back to bed and then go down to see what’s happening. | 把她搀到床上 然后见机行事 |
[18:44] | With the help! | 快帮忙 |
[18:53] | Help others out there! | 快去那边帮忙 |
[19:27] | Our struggle! | 斗争到底 |
[20:03] | Let them! These are patients. | 别抓他们 他们是病人 |
[20:07] | Stop! | 住手 |
[20:14] | I wear the red scarf. I have the right to kill you. | 我戴着红围巾 我有权杀你 |
[20:19] | Violence has once again erupted on the streets of Rangoon, | 仰光爆发新的骚乱 |
[20:22] | when new demonstrations were met with wave after wave of reprisals. | 示威者燃起复仇的怒火 |
[20:27] | This morning, soldiers opened fire on protesting students | 今天清晨 军队在仰光医院附近… |
[20:30] | close to Rangoon General Hospital, killing and injuring many. | 向学生们开火 打死打伤多名学生 |
[20:34] | A curfew has once again been reintroduced. | 同时宣布了新一轮宵禁 |
[20:46] | Embassy of Great Britain | 「英国大使馆」 |
[20:56] | – Hello? – Mikey. | -喂 -迈克 |
[20:57] | Suu, | 素 |
[20:58] | darling! How are you? | 亲爱的 你还好吗 |
[21:00] | It’s so good to hear your voice. | 听到你的声音真高兴 |
[21:02] | You too. You too. | 我也是 |
[21:04] | You managed to dodge the bullets then. I was beginning to worry. | 你躲过子弹了吗 我不由的担心 |
[21:08] | I am sorry, I couldn’t get away until now. | 对不起 我找不到电话 |
[21:11] | Don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[21:12] | And I’ve been missing you all so much. | 我想念你们 |
[21:14] | Yes, me too. Of course. | 我也想你 |
[21:17] | How’s your mother? | 母亲怎么样 |
[21:19] | There’s nothing more the doctors can do. | 医生无能为力 |
[21:22] | So, I’m going to take her home. | 所以我决定接她回家 |
[21:23] | I’m sorry, Suu, of course, of course. | 真遗憾 但也只能这样了 |
[21:27] | But so many other things are happening, | 这里发生了太多事情 |
[21:28] | I hardly know where to begin. | 我不知道从哪开始的 |
[21:34] | – Hello? – Hello? | -喂 -喂 |
[21:36] | Hello? I’ve lost you. Can you hear me? – Hello? | 信号不好 你能听得见吗 |
[21:37] | Hello? | 喂 |
[21:39] | Oh, hello. I can hear you again. | 我能听到了 |
[21:42] | Are the boys all right? | 孩子们还好吧 |
[21:43] | The boys are fine. | 他们很好 |
[21:45] | They’re already in bed, but you mustn’t worry about them. | 他们已经上床睡觉了 不用担心 |
[21:48] | Tell Alex many happy returns of the days. | 替我祝阿历克斯生日快乐 |
[21:51] | Yes, of course. | 当然 |
[21:52] | And I’ll make it up to him when I…As soon as I come home. | 我会尽快赶回去…给他过生日的 |
[21:57] | Of course, darling. | 当然 亲爱的 |
[21:59] | We’re trying to organise the visas. | 我们正在准备签证 |
[22:01] | We hope to join you soon. | 我们也会尽快赶过去 |
[22:05] | – Mikey? – This is useless. Hello? | -迈克 -该死 简直太没用了 |
[22:08] | Suu! | 素 |
[23:21] | You’re back! What a joy! | 您回来了 真是太好了 |
[23:23] | My My! | 你好 你好 |
[23:27] | Two grandchildren already? | 两个孙子啦 |
[23:28] | Yes, two grandchildren. | 对 两个孙子了 |
[23:33] | Give me that. | 我来拿吧 |
[23:34] | Leave, you must be tired. | 我来吧 您一定累了 |
[23:37] | I put it in your room. | 我把它放到您的房间去 |
[23:39] | Come on, kids. | 来 孩子们 |
[24:28] | I’m happy to be home. | 真高兴我还能够回家 |
[24:32] | So am I. | 我也是 |
[24:43] | Daw Suu. | 素女士 |
[24:44] | My name’s Nita May and I have a message from your husband. | 我叫尼塔·梅 您的丈夫给我留了言 |
[24:48] | He wanted me to tell you that their visas have finally come through. | 她请我告诉您他们终于拿到签证了 |
[24:52] | They will arrive at the end of the week. | 他们这周末就过来 |
[24:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:57] | Other people came to see you. | 有人来看您了 |
[24:59] | A writer and his friends. | 一位作家和他的朋友 |
[25:10] | You look like your father. | 您和令尊长的真像 |
[25:16] | Sorry for coming so early. | 对不起 我们这么早就来拜访 |
[25:18] | We have just learned your arrival | 我们刚刚得知您回来了 |
[25:20] | and can not pass up the opportunity. | 我们不能错过这样的机遇 |
[25:23] | This is a very important period. | 眼下是非常重要的时期 |
[25:26] | There is so much to discuss. | 我们有很多事情要说 |
[25:29] | Let’s start then. | 那就请讲吧 |
[26:00] | Wait for me here. | 在这里等我 |
[26:06] | Your shoes. | 把鞋子脱了 |
[26:22] | I’m surrounded by bad vibes right now. | 我现在正被一股邪气纠缠着 |
[26:28] | None of the 37 spirits. | 不是那三十七个灵气 |
[26:31] | It’s a ghost. | 这次是鬼魂 |
[26:34] | So it could be him? | 那会是他吗 |
[26:37] | Yes | 是的 |
[26:39] | this is one of the ancestors. | 是先人的鬼魂 |
[26:42] | But a spirit came to assist. | 但得到了一股灵气的帮助 |
[26:46] | Coming from afar. | 从遥远地方来的 |
[26:48] | A woman? | 一个女人吗 |
[26:53] | Maybe. | 也许 |
[26:55] | Should I remove it? | 我应该赶走它吗 |
[26:59] | The spirit became ghost is even more dangerous. | 成为鬼魂的灵气更危险 |
[27:02] | In this case, how do I get rid of? | 这种情况 我该如何处理呢 |
[27:07] | If the people are at peace, | 如果人们身处祥和 |
[27:09] | he will not need spirit, | 他不需要灵气 |
[27:11] | and return it to where it came from. | 让它从哪里来回哪里去 |
[27:20] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[27:22] | Your advice is always valuable to me. | 您的建议很有价值 |
[27:30] | Leo. | 里奥 |
[27:32] | So happy to see you. | 很高兴再见到你 |
[27:33] | It is good to have you back. C’mon, let’s go. Please, after you. | 很高兴你能来 我们走吧 你先请 |
[27:45] | Mum. Mum. | 妈妈 |
[27:50] | Mummy. | 妈咪 |
[28:00] | I’ve missed you. | 我好想你 |
[28:07] | You better be prepared for complete chaos. | 你要做好准备 这里一团糟 |
[28:13] | Come on, come on. | 走吧 |
[28:23] | Mon Mon! How are you? | 您好 |
[28:24] | My My, how are you? | 你好 你好吗 |
[28:26] | I’m fine. | 很好 |
[28:28] | Lovely to see you. | 很高兴见到你 |
[28:41] | – Tom. – Dr Aris. | -汤姆 -阿里斯博士 |
[28:42] | – Hello. – How do you do? | -你好 -你好吧 |
[28:44] | You look shell shocked. | 你看起来不错 |
[28:46] | Well, I suppose I had taken it for granted, | 我一直以为… |
[28:48] | Suu was leading a solitary life, quietly nursing her mother. | 素单独住在这里照看她的母亲 |
[28:52] | Not all historians get to be a part of history in the making. | 历史学家往往很难看到历史发展 |
[28:53] | You must enjoy Rangoon sight. | 好好看着吧 |
[28:56] | – Please let me know if you need anything. – Oh, thank you. I will. | -有事联系我 -非常感谢 |
[29:00] | Bye. | 再见 |
[29:16] | Michael. | 迈克 |
[29:18] | I’m glad you’re here. | 很高兴你能来 |
[29:23] | Down, down, down, down. A little further. | 往下 往下 再来一点 |
[29:27] | Okay. Stop, stop, stop. There you go. Step away, step away. | 好 就这里 让开点 让开点 |
[29:36] | – What is he saying? – He’s saying, | -他说什么 -他说… |
[29:40] | that public discontent with government policies can no longer be ignored. | 政府不能忽视民众的不满 |
[29:47] | And that because he’s not totally free of responsibility, for the events of the past few months, | 他不得不为几个月以来的骚乱负责任 |
[29:55] | and because he’s getting on now, | 因为他年纪已经很大了 |
[30:00] | he’s going… He’s going to resign. | 他决定辞职 |
[30:03] | There will now be a referendum on Burma’s political future. | 我们将对国家政治前景进行全民公投 |
[30:31] | – Hello. – Hello? | -你好 -你好 |
[30:34] | Mum. Some men from Rangoon University want to speak to you. | 妈妈 大学里的几位先生想和您说几句 |
[30:39] | They said it’s urgent. | 显然很紧急 |
[30:47] | Madam. My colleagues and I are academics from the history faculty, | 夫人 我和我的同事教授历史学 |
[30:51] | and we believe | 我们相信… |
[30:53] | you are the only person who can lead Burma into democracy now. | 您是唯一能带领缅甸走向民主的人 |
[30:58] | As the daughter of Aung San, | 作为昂山将军的女儿 |
[31:00] | the people will automatically unite behind you. | 您的人民会自觉的接受您的领导 |
[31:06] | Your father fought and won independence for Burma. | 您的父亲赢得了缅甸独立 |
[31:10] | Here’s an opportunity to finish what he began. | 现在是时候结束他开启的事业了 |
[31:13] | Let’s seize this opportunity. | 我们必须抓住机遇 |
[31:16] | Quite apart from having no relevant experience, | 除了我缺乏经验之外 |
[31:21] | as you can see, my hands are more than full. | 你也能看到 我还有别的事情要做 |
[31:26] | May I ask that you take some time to consider? | 我能请您好好考虑一下吗 |
[31:51] | Banish these dogs! | 把那些狗赶走 |
[32:03] | Come! | 过来 |
[32:08] | General six professors from the University | 将军 大学里有六位教授… |
[32:12] | came to tell Aung San Suu Kyi that the people supported it. | 前去告诉昂山素季人民支持她 |
[32:16] | That’s it? | 就这些吗 |
[32:18] | They are fighting for democracy | 他们要为民主而战 |
[32:21] | they want it to take the lead. | 他们希望她能够领导 |
[32:24] | It shall not proceed further? | 会有进一步行动吗 |
[32:25] | That’s it. | 就这些 |
[32:28] | Well, okay. | 好 |
[32:35] | Tomorrow, Aung San Suu Kyi will to Shwedagon. | 明天 昂山素季会去大金寺 |
[33:10] | Your shoes. | 脱鞋 |
[33:14] | Bad, minds do not have warned you! | 巫婆 神灵没有警告你吗 |
[33:16] | Finally, the idea of consulting the people is not the solution. | 最后 参考民众的意见解决不了问题 |
[33:22] | It was an idea to you. | 那是给您的建议 |
[33:24] | Turns | 事实证明 |
[33:27] | I have been badly advised. | 那个建议不好 |
[33:32] | General Sein Lwin , | 盛伦将军 |
[33:33] | I have a mission to tell you. | 我交给你一个任务 |
[33:36] | You will dismantle the centers of opposition | 你去清除异议核心 |
[33:38] | and deter troublemakers. | 威慑闹事者 |
[33:42] | It’s a lot of people. | 他们人很多 |
[33:44] | Our prisons are big enough. | 我们的监狱也足够大 |
[33:48] | The most important | 最重要的… |
[33:51] | is to keep an eye Aung San Suu Kyi and her supporters. | 死死盯住昂山素季和她的支持者 |
[33:56] | Stop any gathering. | 阻止一切集会 |
[33:58] | – At your orders, sir. – Okay. | -遵命 -好的 |
[34:14] | We have only respect and admiration for you . | 我们对您充满了崇敬 |
[34:20] | We must continue on foot. | 夫人 我们只能步行前进了 |
[34:23] | All right. | 好 |
[34:29] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[34:30] | – Michael. – Stop the car. Stop. | -迈克 -停车 |
[34:38] | – Dad! – Boys, come on. | 孩子们 走 |
[34:41] | Keep up. | 快点 |
[34:42] | Suu! | 素 |
[34:46] | Suu! | 素 |
[34:48] | Dad! | 爸爸 |
[35:03] | – Dad, we’re gonna get some food. – What? | -爸爸 我们去找点吃的 -什么 |
[35:05] | – We’re gonna get some food. – Okay. But don’t go too far. | -我们去找点吃的 -好 别跑太远 |
[35:09] | Stay right there. We don’t want to lose you. | 待在那儿 别走丢了 |
[35:18] | It may be a little late to be saying this. | 也许现在说有点太晚了 |
[35:21] | But you realise I’ve never actually spoken in public before. | 但我从没做过公开演说 |
[35:24] | And there’s no time like the present. | 眼下正是时候 |
[35:27] | We’ll be watching from the side. | 我们会在一旁看着你的 |
[36:09] | Reverend monks, the Burmese people! | 尊敬的僧侣 缅甸人民们 |
[36:12] | The purpose of this gathering | 我们今天在这里集会 |
[36:15] | Is to make the world hear the people’s will. | 是为了让世界听到人民的意愿 |
[36:25] | The purpose of this gathering today | 我们今天在这里集会 |
[36:30] | is to affirm the desire of the entire country to be a multiparty democracy. | 是希望缅甸能够成为多党制的民主国家 |
[36:35] | This is what we want to demonstrate. | 这是我们的心声 |
[36:44] | Some of you do not know my story | 一些人不知道我的故事 |
[36:47] | and that’s quite normal to want to know what it is. | 你们想知道 这也很正常 |
[36:54] | Because I have lived abroad | 因为我旅居海外 |
[36:57] | and I married a foreigner, | 嫁给了外国人 |
[36:59] | they say I do not understand complex history of the country. | 有人说我不了解缅甸复杂的历史 |
[37:03] | Let me honestly say | 坦白的讲… |
[37:08] | that’s true. I lived abroad. | 对的 我旅居海外 |
[37:11] | And I am also married to a foreigner . | 我确实嫁给了外国人 |
[37:15] | But this is not provided | 但是 这并没有影响和减轻… |
[37:18] | my love and my devotion to my country tampering or mitigated. | 我对祖国的爱与忠诚 |
[37:29] | My father gave everything he had in political life of Burma | 我的父亲为缅甸政治付出了一切 |
[37:36] | and he paid with his life. | 包括他的生命 |
[37:39] | As the daughter of my father, | 作为父亲的女儿 |
[37:42] | I can not remain indifferent | 对眼下发生的事情 |
[37:45] | events taking place right now. | 我不能袖手旁观 |
[37:48] | The goal we hold so dear is now in sight. | 我们期待的目标已经近在眼前 |
[37:53] | We call for free elections and regular, in the shortest possible time. | 我们要求在最短时间内实现…定期的自由选举 |
[38:06] | Let us not divide. | 让我们抛开分歧 |
[38:08] | Unite forward together towards our goal! | 为了我们的目标团结起来! |
[38:46] | A million people? | 一百万人吗 |
[38:50] | Maybe not quite a million. | 也许不到一百万 |
[38:53] | And the press? | 媒体也在吗 |
[39:02] | Aung San. Aung San Suu Kyi, | 昂山 昂山素季 |
[39:06] | the daughter of General Aung San, | 昂山将军的女儿 |
[39:08] | until now an Oxford housewife and mother of two, | 现在是牛津的家庭主妇 两个孩子的母亲 |
[39:12] | emerged today as Burma’s bright new hope for the future. | 承载着缅甸未来的希望 |
[39:30] | I was incredible, huh? | 难以置信 |
[39:32] | Yes. Yes, indeed. However, | 是的 但是… |
[39:35] | a quarter of a century of brutal oppression, will not be undone in one day. | 四分之一世纪的压迫不会一朝瓦解 |
[39:43] | There is still a great deal to do. | 任重而道远 |
[39:51] | Glory days of the Raj. Used to house a staff of eighty Brits, before Ne Win had them all kicked out. | 拉吉明珠 八十岁时被奈温赶走了 |
[39:57] | Okay, here we are. | 这里 |
[40:01] | Wonderful. | 太好了 |
[40:30] | I think we should go. | 你得走了 |
[40:31] | No, there’s time for a few more. | 还有时间 |
[40:54] | – Thank you, Tom. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢你 汤姆 -不客气 |
[41:04] | – What’s wrong, Kim? – You already missed Alex’s birthday. | -怎么了 -您错过了阿历克斯的生日 |
[41:09] | And now you’re going to miss mine. | 也会错过我的 |
[41:12] | It’s too dangerous for you to remain here. | 你们留在这里太危险了 |
[41:16] | And I’d never forgive myself if anything happened to either of you. | 如果你们有何不测 我不会原谅自己的 |
[41:21] | Anyway, a new term is beginning. You both need to be there when it does. | 新学期开始时你们必须回去 |
[41:33] | Please. | 听话… |
[41:35] | Try to be brave for me. | 勇敢点 为了我 |
[41:43] | – Look after your brother. – I will. | -照顾好弟弟 -好的 |
[41:45] | And you. I want you to write to me every day. | 每天都要写信给我 |
[41:47] | Bye. May May. | 再见 妈妈 |
[41:51] | – Be strong. – We will. | -坚强些 -会的 |
[41:55] | – I love you. – Love you too. Bye. | -我爱你们 -我爱您 拜 |
[42:16] | The leaflets of the NLD! | 全国民主联盟的传单 |
[42:40] | – Positions please. – No, I think you should be on the… | -大家按顺序站好 -我认为你应该在… |
[42:48] | National League for Democracy! | 全国民主联盟 |
[42:50] | One, two, three… | 一…二…三 |
[43:14] | First Statement | 「第一宣言」 |
[43:18] | I understood. | 我懂了 |
[43:20] | Sein Lwin, you know what to do. | 盛伦 你知道该怎么做吧 |
[43:25] | Yes, Sir. | 是的 先生 |
[43:26] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[43:31] | We have to unify all minorities, | 它必须满足所有少数民族 |
[43:33] | but Myitkjina is in the middle of the mountains. | 但Myitkjina身处深山 |
[43:36] | Democracy will only work if we include everybody. | 民主要求所有人的参与 |
[43:51] | They’re coming! They’re coming! | 他们来了 |
[43:55] | – Put your gun down. – I think they should leave. | -把枪放下 -马上离开 |
[43:58] | No. Please put your gun down. Put it down. | 把枪放下 |
[44:00] | We shall not respond with violence under any circumstances. | 任何时刻我们都不能还以暴力 |
[44:06] | Dr Aris, your visa is cancelled. | 阿里斯教授 你的签证被吊销了 |
[44:09] | You are to come with us to the airport. | 我们会护送你去机场 |
[44:11] | Do I have time to pack? | 我可以收拾行李吗 |
[44:15] | One minute. | 一分钟 |
[44:25] | You have a very busy schedule. | 你的日程很满 |
[44:27] | You gonna have to pace yourself. | 你必须学会自我调节 |
[44:28] | Make sure you eat well and get good rest. Maybe you can. Ok. | 确保吃得好 休息得好 也许你可以 |
[44:31] | I will be back. | 我会回来的 |
[44:32] | Get into the car. | 快上车 |
[45:48] | Take good care of Mom. | 照顾好母亲大人 |
[45:51] | Course. | 请您放心 |
[46:50] | I’ll try another one. | 我再试一次 |
[47:32] | Ah! Lucinda, my saviour. | 露辛达 我的天 |
[47:35] | Come in. Come in, dear. | 快进来 |
[47:36] | – Anthony’s still here? – No, he just left. No, he just left. | -安东尼在这吗 -他刚出去 |
[47:40] | I encourage you all to espouse the cause of democracy | 我鼓励大家支持民主事业 |
[47:45] | and defense of human rights. | 捍卫人权 |
[47:54] | It is essential that we fulfill this peacefully | 我们要和平的实现这一切 |
[47:58] | without further loss of lives. | 不能有牺牲 这是原则 |
[48:05] | We, the National League for Democracy, | 我们全国民主联盟… |
[48:09] | have come to ensure that you, the people, | 来到这里向你们保证 |
[48:12] | can finally make your voice heard. | 人民的声音不再被忽略 |
[48:36] | There is our village. | 这是我们的村子 |
[48:38] | Opposite is another village. | 反方向是另一个村子 |
[48:48] | – No lumps. – It needs more oats. | -没有硬团哦 -燕麦少了吧 |
[48:50] | No, a little salt. | 不对 要放点盐 |
[48:54] | There. | 好了 |
[48:59] | Here we are. Here. | 尝尝 |
[49:04] | Looks good. | 看起来不错 |
[49:26] | Your mother died! She’s gone! | 令堂去世了 她走了 |
[49:30] | Mom? | 妈妈? |
[49:55] | The arrangements for the funeral of Dhaw Khin Kyi, | 伟大民族英雄昂山将军的遗孀 |
[49:58] | the widow of Burma’s great national hero, Aung San, | 钦季女士的葬礼… |
[50:01] | were conducted in lavish style. | 隆重举行 |
[50:03] | While the authorities sought to prevent civil servants from attending the funeral, | 尽管当局政府禁止民众参加葬礼 |
[50:08] | locking some in their offices and refusing sick leave, | 强迫人们工作 民众告病假抗议 |
[50:11] | the gathering was the largest in Burma since the coup. | 并形成了政变以来最大的集会 |
[50:14] | At least 100,000 people surrounded the coffin on its procession to… | 至少有十万人簇拥着棺椁 |
[50:17] | To the grave… | 前往墓地… |
[50:25] | A problem solved! | 一个麻烦没有了 |
[50:28] | Let’s get the others as soon as possible! | 快点结束其它麻烦 |
[51:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[51:03] | You have been a very dutiful daughter. | 您是一位非常尽责的女儿 |
[51:07] | Your father would be proud. | 令尊一定会为您感到骄傲 |
[51:08] | And now your duty is completed. | 现在 您的使命完成了 |
[51:11] | You will understandably be eager to get home again. | 您一定盼望着早点回家吧 |
[51:15] | As soon as you are packed and ready, | 如果您已经收拾好行囊 |
[51:17] | our limousine will take you to the airport. | 我们会护送您去机场 |
[51:20] | That won’t be necessary, General Nyunt. | 没有这个必要 钦纽将军 |
[51:22] | For the time being my duty remains here in Burma. | 现在 我的使命就在缅甸 |
[51:26] | There is an election to be fought. | 为了竞选 |
[51:29] | What about those young boys of yours? | 您的幼子呢 |
[51:31] | They will be missing their mother. | 他们一定想念母亲吧 |
[51:34] | Well, the sooner these elections come, the sooner I can rejoin them. | 越早开始选举 我就能越快和他们重逢 |
[51:42] | Perhaps on your return, you could urge General Ne Win to make haste. | 也许你们回去可以催促奈温将军抓紧时间 |
[51:57] | She said she would not go | 选举不结束… |
[51:59] | After the elections. | 她是不会走的 |
[52:06] | Apply more pressure on this woman. | 给这个女人一点颜色看看 |
[52:26] | This meeting is prohibited. Go home! | 会议被取缔了 快回家 |
[52:32] | Go home! | 快滚 快滚 |
[52:36] | Let them go | 快把他们赶走 |
[52:48] | Hurry up | 快点 |
[52:54] | All in a row! | 站成一排 |
[53:03] | I will not hesitate to shoot! Ready! | 我会下令开枪的 预备 |
[53:08] | The soldiers look very serious. | 他们这次是来真的 |
[53:10] | We should come back another day. | 我们改天再来吧 |
[53:13] | No. Just ignore them. | 不 无视他们就好了 |
[53:16] | We will continue in a calm and orderly fashion. | 我们继续 保持冷静和有序 |
[53:21] | Stay here first. | 你们先站在这里 |
[53:27] | Go home! That’s an order! | 站住 这是命令 |
[53:36] | If you are still not I will open fire! | 再不停下 我就要开枪了 |
[54:12] | Un .. | 一 |
[54:15] | Two… | 二 |
[54:23] | Stop! Remember your men, we’re leaving! | 住手 带上你的人 我们走 |
[54:32] | Let’s go! | 我们走 |
[54:36] | We have to go. | 您得离开这里了 |
[54:38] | Loans! | 预备 |
[54:40] | Un .. | 一 |
[54:44] | Two… | 二 |
[54:49] | Three! | 三 |
[55:18] | What is more dangerous than a general ? | 什么比一位将军更可怕 |
[55:22] | Two generals. | 两位将军啦 |
[55:35] | Then, | 那么… |
[55:36] | it’s you which have threatened to shoot? | 是你威胁开枪的吗 |
[55:41] | Yes. | 是 |
[55:47] | And you… | 还有你 |
[55:48] | You have taken the initiative to save it. True? | 你决定不开枪的 对吗 |
[55:54] | You will all have the opportunity to learn a good lesson. | 我给你们好好上一课 |
[55:59] | Your weapon. | 你的枪 |
[56:01] | Give it to me. | 给我 |
[56:12] | Take him. | 拖下去 |
[56:14] | His father, the martyr, was a constant threat to us. | 她的父亲为国捐躯 无休止的威胁我们 |
[56:18] | We can not afford a second martyr. | 我们不能容忍她女儿为国捐躯 |
[56:21] | Do not misunderstand me. | 不要误会我的意思 |
[56:30] | The tree whose roots have been cut | 只有把树木连根斩断 |
[56:34] | eventually fall alone. | 树木才能完全枯萎 |
[56:41] | In an unprecedented escalation of intimidation, | 针对昂山素季的恐吓空前升级 |
[56:45] | Aung San Suu Kyi narrowly escaped being shot by the military yesterday | 在昨天参加Danyubu省的一次集会时 |
[56:49] | while out campaigning in the province of Danubyu. | 昂山女士差点被士兵射杀 |
[57:10] | Jesus Christ, Suu. | 我的天啊 素 |
[57:14] | I encourage you all to espouse the cause of democracy | 我鼓励大家支持民主事业 |
[57:18] | and defense of human rights. | 捍卫人权 |
[57:32] | It is essential that us to fulfill this peacefully, | 我们要和平的实现这一切 |
[57:36] | without further loss of lives. | 不能有牺牲 这是原则 |
[57:41] | Democracy! | 民主 |
[57:44] | Follow us! | 带走 |
[58:10] | A good day, today. | 美好的一天 |
[58:12] | Isn’t it U Win Tin? | 对吧 温泰 |
[58:29] | Daw Suu! Daw Suu! Everywhere we went today, | 夫人 我们所到之处 |
[58:32] | they were picking people up and taking them away. | 人们遭到逮捕 |
[58:36] | Where are they taking them? | 他们被带到哪里 |
[58:39] | Some of them were taken as forced labourers at the borders, | 一些人被带到边境的劳改营 |
[58:43] | carrying weapons and drugs through the jungle on the account of the generals. | 为将军们运送武器和毒品 |
[58:50] | And the others? | 其他人呢 |
[59:33] | We should write to the UN and Amnesty International, | 我们应该致信联合国和国际特赦组织 |
[59:36] | and tell them exactly how the Burmese people are being treated by the military. | 告诉他们缅甸人民正遭受军方的虐待 |
[59:42] | Yes. Pen and paper, please. | 跟我准备纸笔 |
[59:53] | My darling. Every day brings new atrocities. | 亲爱的 你应该听说这里每天上演的暴行 |
[59:56] | Committed by a regime who will stop at nothing in order to try to hang on to Pa. | 这个政府为了维持统治无所不用其极 |
[1:00:01] | But there can be no turning back now | 但我不能退缩 |
[1:00:03] | and as my father once advised: | 正如家父所言 |
[1:00:06] | “continue to expect the best while preparing for the worst.” | 尽最大的努力 做最坏的打算 |
[1:00:10] | So darling, please, I beg you, try your best not to worry. | 亲爱的 请你一定不要为我担心 |
[1:00:15] | Morning Dad. | 早上好 爸爸 |
[1:00:18] | – Your mother sends her love. – How is she? | -你的母亲寄来她的问候 -她怎么样了 |
[1:00:22] | Still busy. | 总是很忙 |
[1:00:25] | I hope she’ll be rewarded one day for what she’s doing. | 我希望总有一天她能偿其所愿 |
[1:00:36] | – Good afternoon. – Afternoon | -下午好 -下午好 |
[1:00:37] | – You want to go through? – Thank you. | -这边请 -谢谢 |
[1:00:43] | Professor Finnie. | 菲尼斯教授 |
[1:00:44] | Forgive me. Forgive me, sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[1:00:47] | Sorry to trouble you. My name is Dr Michael Aris. | 很抱歉打搅您 我是迈克·阿里斯教授 |
[1:00:50] | – I am married to Aung San… – Of course. | -昂山素季的先生 -当然 |
[1:00:52] | I’ve been watching your wife’s progress with admiration. | 我对您太太的努力充满敬意 |
[1:00:55] | I’m sorry to trouble you, | 我不想太打扰您 |
[1:00:57] | but I believe you have some influence with the Nobel Peace Prize Committee. | 我知道您可以对诺贝尔和平奖委员会施加影响 |
[1:01:01] | Would you be willing to forward her name? | 您是否愿意提名我的夫人呢 |
[1:01:05] | It is difficult to envisage a stronger contender. | 不会有比她更符合的候选人了 |
[1:01:08] | Anything that raises her international profile, | 此时 任何能够提高她国际声望的努力 |
[1:01:11] | will afford some measure of protection. | 都会某种程度对她进行保护 |
[1:01:15] | The issue of Suu’s safety weighs heavily on me at the moment. | 你可以想象的到 我时刻担心她的安全 |
[1:01:20] | Look, if you have some kind of CV, | 如果您能寄给我一份她的履历 |
[1:01:23] | I’ll certainly ensure it’s seen by Vaclav Havel and his committee. | 我会转交给瓦茨拉夫·哈维尔和他的委员会 |
[1:01:27] | Well, that would be tremendously helpful. | 那真是太有帮助了 |
[1:01:30] | You see, | 您知道 |
[1:01:32] | I’m haunted by the fear that her luck is about to run out any day now. | 我每天都在担心她会遭遇不测 |
[1:01:36] | Let me see what I can do. | 我会尽我所能的 |
[1:01:39] | Thank you, sir. Thank you. Thank you. | 非常感谢 |
[1:01:44] | Karma! Just the man I was looking for. Follow me. | 卡玛 我正找你呢 跟我来 |
[1:01:48] | Dr Aris, I’ve got to… | 阿里斯教授 我正准备… |
[1:01:50] | I’m going to need your help Karma. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[1:01:51] | Instead of sitting around worrying about the date of these bloody election, | 与其在这里等待大选而坐视不管 |
[1:01:55] | I’ve hatched a little plan of action. Now, somewhere here… | 我决定采取一系列行动 我这里… |
[1:01:59] | Somewhere are copies of all Suu’s old essays. | 我这里有素所有的论文和演讲 |
[1:02:01] | There’s one she wrote about her father. | 有关于她父亲的 |
[1:02:03] | Another on Burma under colonialism. | 以及关于缅甸殖民的 |
[1:02:05] | Now, you take a look at these. See what you can dig out. | 你在这里看看能找到些什么 |
[1:02:09] | We’re going to put together an application to the Nobel committee on Suu’s behalf. | 我们决定提名素给诺贝尔和平奖 |
[1:02:14] | That’s brilliant. | 太好了 |
[1:02:15] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:02:16] | You get stuck in there and we’ll see how we go. | 好好干吧 我们看看会发生什么 |
[1:02:25] | Good man. | 好小伙 |
[1:03:25] | It’s not much use my saying to you “Be careful!” | 我总劝你小心 不一定有所帮助 |
[1:03:28] | But please be very judicious in everything you do. | 但还是请对所有事情保持警惕 |
[1:03:32] | It’s all a matter of timing. | 选择合适的时机 |
[1:03:34] | If I have any authority left at all as your very loving husband, | 作为深爱你的丈夫 如果我有些权威 |
[1:03:37] | please listen to me. | 我恳求你听我的话 |
[1:03:40] | Please be as gentle with yourself as I would be if I were there. | 好好照顾好自己 就像我在身边 |
[1:03:50] | Dad, dad! | 老爸 |
[1:03:55] | – Ta da! – Careful. | -嗒哒 -小心点 |
[1:03:58] | Oh, goodness. | 我的天 |
[1:04:03] | Well, well, well. | 太好了 |
[1:04:05] | It looks like Christmas has come early. | 就像圣诞节提前了 |
[1:04:18] | Kim. For crying out loud, be careful. | 金 小心点 |
[1:04:21] | All right, Mr Perfect. | 是啊 我老哥做的多好啊 |
[1:04:30] | Hello? Yes. | 喂…是的 |
[1:04:36] | What? | 什么 |
[1:04:41] | Oh dear. | 我的天啊 |
[1:04:43] | Yes. I’m sorry. | 好吧 真遗憾 |
[1:04:48] | Lucinda, I’ll call you later. | 露辛达 我一会打给你 |
[1:04:50] | Okay, dear. Bye bye. | 再见 |
[1:04:56] | Dad? | 老爸 |
[1:04:59] | That was your Aunt Lucinda. | 你们的姑姑露辛达 |
[1:05:03] | I’m sorry to have to tell your grandfather has died. | 你们的祖父去世了 |
[1:05:08] | And I shall have to go to Scotland to organise the funeral. | 我必须去苏格兰准备葬礼 |
[1:05:46] | I’ll tell you. | 我告诉你们 |
[1:05:48] | This woman must be isolated | 这个女人必须被隔离 |
[1:05:50] | all those who support it. | 不能见任何支持者 |
[1:05:53] | As to isolate the world… | 还要与整个世界隔开… |
[1:05:56] | Head? | 将军 |
[1:05:57] | I have an idea on the issue. | 我有个办法 |
[1:06:01] | Continue. | 说 |
[1:06:03] | Give me the reins. | 给我一根绳索 |
[1:06:06] | I can make it be forgotten, here and elsewhere. | 我能让她被缅甸和整个世界遗忘 |
[1:06:14] | Tell a figure. | 说个数 |
[1:06:15] | 5. | 五 |
[1:06:30] | Sein Lwin , you may have. | 盛伦 你可以走了 |
[1:06:36] | Now | 现在… |
[1:06:37] | you alone make me accountable. | 你一人对我负责 |
[1:06:40] | You have carte blanche to solve this problem. | 你可以全权解决这一问题 |
[1:06:44] | – Count Me In. – Good. | -遵命 -好 |
[1:07:31] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[1:07:34] | It’s time to wake up. | 该起床了 |
[1:07:40] | Morning. | 早上好 |
[1:07:44] | Sleep well? | 睡的好吗 |
[1:07:48] | Now, I don’t want you to be frightened, | 现在… 不要害怕 |
[1:07:52] | but this morning we have woken to find the house surrounded by soldiers. | 但我们的家被士兵包围了 |
[1:07:57] | Perhaps it will all come to nothing. | 也许相安无事 |
[1:07:59] | But in case I am arrested, | 但如果我被捕了 |
[1:08:00] | I have made arrangements for you to be sent back to England. | 我会安排遣返你们两个回英国的 |
[1:08:04] | So I want you to know that whatever happens, | 你们必须知道 无论发生什么 |
[1:08:07] | you will be well taken care of. All right? | 你们都会被照顾好的 好吗 |
[1:08:11] | Yeah. | 好 |
[1:08:29] | Aung San Suu Kyi, you are officially Arrest. | 昂山素季 你被正式逮捕了 |
[1:08:31] | Apart from your children, | 放开你的孩子 |
[1:08:34] | everyone must leave. | 所有人必须离开 |
[1:08:40] | Enter quickly at home, as discreetly as possible. | 快点离开这里 小心从事 |
[1:08:46] | Out! | 出去 |
[1:08:48] | Go away! | 快走 |
[1:08:50] | Take that! | 拿上那些东西 |
[1:09:07] | File. | 有情况 |
[1:09:08] | Immediately. | 快离开这 |
[1:09:35] | Take everything. Not allow any document here. | 把所有东西都搬走 一张纸都不留 |
[1:09:38] | Drain the library. | 搬空那些书 |
[1:09:50] | These are my jokes. | 没事 这是我开的玩笑 |
[1:09:52] | They do not make you laugh, that’s it. | 你们怎么都没笑 太失败了 |
[1:10:17] | Take the small and will find your father. Go, dark! | 拿着这个去找你父亲 快去 |
[1:10:28] | Take all folders. | 拿上所有文件夹 |
[1:10:37] | Yes, yes, I understand. | 是的 我明白 |
[1:10:39] | But are all the lines to Burma down, or just this one? | 所有缅甸的电话都被切断了吗 还只是这个 |
[1:10:43] | I see. Just this one. | 好的 只是这个 |
[1:10:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:11:48] | Stop. Follow me. | 站住 跟我来 |
[1:12:15] | While you are in Rangoon, | 在仰光 |
[1:12:16] | you are to abide by the conditions under which your wife has been detained. | 由于你妻子的情况 我们对你进行扣留 |
[1:12:22] | No contact with your embassy | 不准和大使馆接触 |
[1:12:25] | or any person engaged in politics. | 不准和政治活动家接触 |
[1:12:30] | – Is that understood? – Yes. | -清楚了吗 -是的 |
[1:12:35] | Enjoy your stay. | 享受这段旅程吧 |
[1:13:08] | What do you want? Chocolate? We don’t have any. | 我们没有巧克力吃 |
[1:13:11] | Boys. | 孩子们 |
[1:13:13] | Daddy! | 老爸 |
[1:13:20] | Where is everyone? | 其他人呢 |
[1:13:23] | Mummy is on hunger strike. | 妈妈在绝食抗议 |
[1:13:25] | On hunger strike? | 绝食? |
[1:13:36] | Mikey. Mikey. | 迈克 |
[1:13:39] | They arrived early in the morning and arrested most of my colleagues. | 那天早上 他们来抓走了我的同志 |
[1:13:43] | Except for me. I’m under house arrest. | 除了我 我被软禁了 |
[1:13:46] | So I’ve told them I won’t eat, | 我告诉他们我不会吃东西的 |
[1:13:49] | until they take me to join them all in prison. | 直到他们把我也投入监牢 |
[1:13:52] | – The cut the phone line. – With a pair of scissors. | -他们切断了电话 -用剪子 |
[1:13:55] | I can’t tell you how relieved I am that you are here. | 你想象不到我有多宽慰你能来 |
[1:13:58] | When did you last eat? | 你上次进食是什么时候 |
[1:14:00] | About three days ago. | 三天前 |
[1:14:02] | – Four. Four. – Three. Three. | -四天 -三天 |
[1:14:06] | I must say there’s never a dull moment. | 我们家从未这样沉闷过 |
[1:14:09] | What on earth am I going to do with you? | 你希望我做什么 |
[1:15:06] | Fears are growing about the fate of Dr Michael Aris, | 人们越来越担心英国教授阿里斯的命运 |
[1:15:10] | who vanished two weeks ago. | 他于两周前消失 |
[1:15:12] | He has not been seen since arriving in Rangoon, | 他去往仰光后从此人间蒸发 |
[1:15:15] | to visit his wife Aung San Suu Kyi. | 显然他是去探望他的妻子 昂山素季 |
[1:15:18] | Despite urgent requests from the Foreign Office for clarification, | 外交办公室发出紧急呼吁 |
[1:15:22] | the Burmese authorities have refused to provide any further information | 但缅甸政府拒绝予以回应… |
[1:15:27] | about his well being or whereabouts. | 他的现状和地址 |
[1:15:30] | An Embassy official said that their only information… | 英国驻缅使馆官员称 唯一确定的是… |
[1:15:56] | Now listen, Suu. | 听着 素 |
[1:15:59] | If you die, | 如果你死了 |
[1:16:01] | the boys will lose their mother. | 孩子们将失去母亲 |
[1:16:04] | And your people their best defender. | 你的人民将失去最好的捍卫者 |
[1:16:07] | Can I try something? | 我可以试着做些事情吗 |
[1:16:09] | What? | 什么 |
[1:16:28] | Sit. | 坐下 |
[1:16:49] | Stand. | 站起来 |
[1:16:56] | I wish to put a proposition to you. | 我有一个提议 |
[1:17:01] | It has been twelve days since my wife has eaten, | 我的妻子已经十二天没有进食了 |
[1:17:05] | and I must impress upon you how very rapidly her health is declining. | 我必须强调 她的健康状况非常糟糕 |
[1:17:11] | She is prepared to abandon her hunger strike, | 她准备中止绝食 |
[1:17:17] | if you will offer her a firm assurance, that her colleagues will be well treated. | 如果你们能正式担保她的同志免遭虐待 |
[1:17:24] | I cannot emphasise enough the grave danger she is in. | 我再次重申她的境遇很危险 |
[1:17:27] | She will not survive more than a day or two. | 她最多只能坚持两天 |
[1:17:31] | I ask you to consider very carefully, | 我希望你们能仔细考虑 |
[1:17:34] | the public consequences if you fail to act promptly. | 由于你们没能及时采取措施而带来的后果 |
[1:17:55] | Madam. The authorities wish to assure you that | 夫人 政府向您保证 |
[1:17:58] | no harm will come to your colleagues. | 您的同志不会再遭受虐待 |
[1:18:09] | All right? | 可以了吗 |
[1:18:45] | Aung San Suu Kyi is worried about you, apparently. | 昂山素季显然很关心你们 |
[1:18:48] | Here, eat. | 吃吧 |
[1:19:49] | What is that noise? | 什么声音 |
[1:19:59] | It’s called | 这叫做… |
[1:20:01] | music. | 音乐 |
[1:20:15] | Well, this has been one of the most bizarre few weeks of my entire life. | 这是我有生之年最艰难的几周 |
[1:20:19] | Thank you, for everything. | 谢谢你的付出 |
[1:20:22] | I couldn’t have got through this without you. | 没有你我将白白付出 |
[1:20:25] | It’s going to be quiet. | 你走之后房子会更冷清 |
[1:20:26] | I know. I’ll continue to play merry hell behind the scenes. | 我知道 我会继续帮助你 |
[1:20:30] | Let’s pray this limbo is short lived. | 最短时间结束拘禁 |
[1:20:33] | I’ll be fine Mikey. Please don’t worry. | 不用为我担心 迈克 |
[1:20:36] | The boys must be your first concern now. | 最大的问题是听到我的消息 |
[1:20:38] | I know. I know. | 我知道 |
[1:20:43] | Go. | 走 |
[1:20:49] | Go. | 走 |
[1:21:29] | Burmese authorities have announced that elections will be held in May. | 缅甸政府最终宣布 五月份举行投票 |
[1:21:33] | However, Aung San Suu Kyi has been disqualified as an electoral candidate, | 但是昂山素季…未能被批准提名为总统… |
[1:21:39] | on the basis of an obscure law | 根据相关法律法规和政策… |
[1:21:41] | prohibiting anyone married to a foreigner from becoming president. | 外国人的配偶不能竞选总统 |
[1:21:45] | Yes. I understand. | 我懂了 |
[1:21:50] | Very well. | 好的 |
[1:21:52] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[1:21:57] | – That was the most off wand of calls. – Who was it? | -这真是最难打的电话 -是谁 |
[1:22:00] | The Embassy. | 大使馆 |
[1:22:01] | They simply said the boys are no longer eligible for Burmese citizenship. | 孩子们不能拥有缅甸公民的身份了 |
[1:22:06] | They will therefore cancel their passports with immediate effect. | 他们的护照已经无效了 |
[1:22:09] | It beggars belief, really it does. | 真难以理解 |
[1:22:12] | They have obviously decided keeping the children from Suu, | 他们决定不让她们母子团聚 |
[1:22:16] | is the most effective way of breaking her spirit. | 这会打击素的意志 |
[1:22:19] | At least they’ve finally announced the elections. | 至少他们宣布举行选举了 |
[1:22:22] | Let’s wait and see. | 等着看吧 |
[1:22:24] | Hopefully everything is about to be resolved. | 希望所有事情能在短期内解决 |
[1:22:27] | Yes, hope. | 希望吧 |
[1:22:29] | How we all cling to hope. | 我们只拥有希望了 |
[1:22:34] | This is a day few people in Burma ever expected to witness, | 今天是缅甸人从未经历过的一天 |
[1:22:38] | across the country, remarkable scenes, | 整个国家呈现壮观场面 |
[1:22:40] | as thousands of people excitedly cue in order to cast their vote in the first election for 40 years, | 成千上万的人参加了四十年来第一次选举 |
[1:22:46] | and here at Life we bring you the first estimated tally. | 初步计票结果显示… |
[1:22:49] | Aung San Suu Kyi, 392 seats. | 昂山素季 392席 |
[1:22:53] | The Burmese Military 10 seats. | 缅甸军政府 10席 |
[1:22:57] | She won! | 她赢了 |
[1:23:03] | Oh, my goodness, boys. | 我的天 |
[1:23:05] | What fabulous news. | 太棒了 |
[1:23:06] | In Burma an extraordinary victory for Aung San Suu Kyi, | 在缅甸 汹涌的民意选择了昂山素季 |
[1:23:10] | and her party the National League for Democracy. | 以及她的党派 全国民主联盟 |
[1:23:14] | In a country where public gatherings of more than five people are banned, | 在一个超过五人的集会都要禁止的国家 |
[1:23:18] | The National League of Democracy look set to be celebrating until well into the night. | 全国民主联盟将在今晚庆祝胜利 |
[1:23:50] | Ma Suu. | 素 |
[1:23:52] | I’ll put flowers in their hair . | 戴上一些花吧 |
[1:23:59] | Aung San Suu Kyi! | 昂山素季 |
[1:24:13] | Final result of the vote | 「最终投票结果」 |
[1:24:17] | Check this out! | 看看这个 |
[1:24:19] | This woman won. | 那个女人赢了 |
[1:24:22] | This is absurd! | 太荒唐了 |
[1:24:25] | Bring the phone! | 把电话拿来 |
[1:24:31] | Aung San Suu Kyi! | 昂山素季 |
[1:24:46] | Stop! | 站住! |
[1:24:48] | Go back immediately! | 立即回去! |
[1:24:51] | Aung San Suu Kyi! | 昂山素季 |
[1:24:55] | Stop. Go back! | 站住 退回去 |
[1:24:58] | I just want to go and talk to them. Don’t be ridiculous. | 太荒谬了 我只是想和他们说几句话 |
[1:25:01] | – I’ll talk to them. – I have the authority to shoot. | -我要和他们说话 -我有权开枪 |
[1:25:04] | You’re not going to shoot anybody. | 你不会开枪的 |
[1:25:21] | Go back home! | 回去 |
[1:25:51] | Take a seat, Dr Aris. | 坐吧 阿里斯博士 |
[1:25:55] | Now that the elections are out of the way, | 现在既然选举已经举行了 |
[1:25:58] | I am pleased to say I have some good news for you! | 我有个好消息 |
[1:26:02] | It seems the authorities are finally willing to come to an arrangement. | 缅甸当局希望最终解决这一问题 |
[1:26:05] | If you were to write a letter to your wife, | 如果您能致信您的太太 |
[1:26:08] | encouraging her to come home to Oxford at her earliest convenience, | 劝说她尽快返回牛津 |
[1:26:13] | 他们将不会再阻拦您的旅行 | |
[1:26:17] | I see. | 我明白了 |
[1:26:20] | Well, since I haven’t the slightest intention, | 既然我毫无意向… |
[1:26:23] | of ever making such a request of my wife, | 劝说我的太太做这样的事情 |
[1:26:25] | I shall bid you goodbye. | 我想我可以告辞了 |
[1:26:38] | Those ruthless, conniving bastards. | 串通一气的混蛋 |
[1:26:41] | If they think I’m going to take this lying down, they’ve got another think coming. | 如果他们认为我屈服了 那他们就错了 |
[1:26:46] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[1:26:53] | Despite their resounding defeat at the polls, | 尽管在大选中落败 |
[1:26:56] | there is still no sign that the Burmese military will release Aung San Suu Kyi, | 缅甸军政府仍然拒绝昂山素季 |
[1:27:00] | to take up her elected role as the new Prime Minister. | 当选总理并组阁 |
[1:27:05] | Instead she remains under lock and key, | 她仍被软禁家中 |
[1:27:07] | while leading members of her party, the National League of Democracy, | 全国民主联盟的领导人 |
[1:27:11] | are arrested one by one. | 也相继被捕 |
[1:27:15] | Now the monks have taken to the streets to protest, | 僧侣们举行了抗议活动 |
[1:27:18] | and the monasteries are being stormed by soldiers. | 寺院遭到军队的袭击 |
[1:27:39] | Let me assure you, Dr Aris, | 我向您保证 阿里斯教授 |
[1:27:40] | that behind the scenes we are doing everything possible. | 我们正在竭尽全力 |
[1:27:44] | However, it is our point of view that | 但是 我们认为… |
[1:27:46] | extending economic sanctions against Burma, | 如果我们对缅甸进行经济制裁 |
[1:27:49] | would only play into the hands of Beijing. | 中国政府将从中受益 |
[1:27:51] | They would seize this as an opportunity to tighten their economic stranglehold. | 这将加强他们对仰光的经济控制 |
[1:27:56] | Forgive me, I have a very important meeting to get to, | 对不起 我有个重要的会议 |
[1:27:59] | and I wish you all the best of luck, sir. | 祝你好运 |
[1:28:36] | Hello. Professor Finnie. | 菲尼斯教授 |
[1:28:37] | – How are you? – I’ve known better days. | -您好吗 -不太好 |
[1:28:40] | Well, I very much hope I am ringing with news that will cheer you. | 我有个好消息让您振作起来 |
[1:28:45] | Oh? | 喔 |
[1:28:49] | The joy and pride I and our children feel at this moment, | 此刻 孩子们和我的快乐和自豪 |
[1:28:54] | is marked by sadness and continuing apprehension. | 夹杂着悲伤和忧惧 |
[1:28:58] | I am not sure if the Nobel Peace Prize has ever been given | 诺贝尔和平奖从未颁发给… |
[1:29:01] | to someone in a situation of such extreme isolation before. | 身处极度孤独中的人 |
[1:29:05] | It has certainly never been given to a woman in that condition. | 更未颁发给处在这种境地的女士 |
[1:29:09] | Suu is now in the third year of her political detention, | 由于政治原因 军政府已经软禁… |
[1:29:13] | at the hands of Burma’s military rulers and we her family, | 昂山素季长达三年 |
[1:29:17] | are denied any contact with her, and know nothing of her condition, | 作为她的家人 我们和她没有任何联系 |
[1:29:22] | except that she is quite alone. | 我唯一知道的就是…她完全形单影只 |
[1:29:25] | Selfishly I also hope, | 出于个人情感 |
[1:29:28] | that our family’s situation will be eased | 我希望我们的境遇会有所改善 |
[1:29:30] | somewhat as a result of this supreme gesture of recognition | 作为这个奖项… |
[1:29:34] | for her moral and physical courage, | 对她勇气嘉奖的结果 |
[1:29:37] | and that we may at last be allowed to pay her visits again. | 我们最终也有权利和她重逢 |
[1:29:42] | We miss her very much. | 我们十分想念她 |
[1:29:47] | I miss you too. | 我也想你们 |
[1:29:50] | One of us is going to have to make a speech at the actual prize ceremony. | 我们中间的某一个将在颁奖典礼上演讲 |
[1:29:54] | Any takers? | 有人愿意去吗 |
[1:29:58] | I think if your mother still has access to a radio, | 如果你们的母亲还能听收音机 |
[1:30:01] | it would mean a great deal to her if it was one of you. | 这会是很好的机会让她听到你的声音 |
[1:30:07] | I’ll do it. | 我去 |
[1:30:09] | Good. Good man. | 很好 |
[1:31:21] | Live from Oslo, the BBC World Sen/ice brings you the Nobel Peace… | 奥斯陆 BBC为您带来诺贝尔… |
[1:31:27] | There is more power! | 停电了 |
[1:31:29] | We no longer have the radio! | 听不到收音机了 |
[1:31:31] | This is good, do not worry. I’m on it. | 没事 别担心 我来处理 |
[1:31:38] | I now called up Michael Alexander | 现在有请迈克 亚历山大 |
[1:31:40] | and Kim Aris. | 和金·阿里斯 |
[1:31:42] | Move up to receive the gold medal and diploma | 走上领奖台接受金牌和证书 |
[1:31:46] | behalf of your wife and mother, | 代表他们的妻子和母亲 |
[1:31:48] | Nobel Laureate | 诺贝尔奖获得者 |
[1:31:50] | 1991 | 1991年 |
[1:31:52] | Aung San Suu Kyi. | 昂山素季 |
[1:32:38] | I have another radio! | 我还有个收音机 |
[1:32:40] | Quick, quick! | 快点 |
[1:32:50] | Batteries are required, wait. | 需要电池 |
[1:33:06] | Now it was the turn of the young Alexander Aris, | 现在有请亚历山大·阿里斯 |
[1:33:09] | eldest son of Aung San Suu Kyi | 昂山素季的长子 |
[1:33:11] | …to take to the podium to make a speech. | 走上讲台发言 |
[1:33:14] | I stand before you here today, | 我今天代替您站在这里 |
[1:33:17] | to accept on behalf of my mother, Aung San Suu Kyi, | 代表我的母亲昂山素季 |
[1:33:21] | this greatest of prizes, the Nobel Prize for Peace. | 接受这一最高荣誉 诺贝尔和平奖 |
[1:33:25] | Because circumstances do not permit my mother to be here in person, | 由于形势所迫 她无法前来领奖 |
[1:33:29] | I will do my best to convey the sentiments I believe she would express. | 我会尽我所能说出她想说的话 |
[1:33:35] | We must remember that the lonely struggle | 我们必须记住 仰光高墙内 |
[1:33:37] | taking place in a heavily guarded compound in Rangoon, | 孤寂的斗争 |
[1:33:42] | is part of the much larger struggle, worldwide, | 是全世界斗争的一部分 |
[1:33:45] | for the emancipation, of the human spirit | 这种斗争是为了将人类的精神 |
[1:33:47] | from political tyranny and psychological subjection. | 从政治暴政和心灵摧残下解放出来 |
[1:33:54] | The lessons of the past will not be forgotten. | 过去的教训不能被遗忘 |
[1:33:58] | It is our hope for the future that we celebrate today. | 我们今天颂扬的是明天的希望 |
[1:34:49] | What is that noise? | 什么声音 |
[1:34:52] | Music. | 是音乐 |
[1:36:04] | Those old generals can’t cling on for much longer after this. | 缅甸的将军们会被迫屈服的 |
[1:36:07] | It’s just a matter of time in my opinion. | 这只是时间问题了 |
[1:36:09] | I certainly hope so. | 希望如此 |
[1:36:11] | We’ll just have to wait and see. | 我们看看会发生什么吧 |
[1:36:13] | The military move in mysterious ways. | 军政府的方式很难让人理解的 |
[1:36:16] | – Your mother would be very proud of you. – Thank you. | -令堂一定为你感到骄傲 -谢谢 |
[1:36:19] | Well done. | 干得棒 |
[1:36:22] | Oh, yes, thank you. Yes. | 谢谢 |
[1:36:26] | No, no, no, no, no. No. | 不行…不行 |
[1:36:28] | Well, why not? | 为什么不行 |
[1:36:32] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:36:35] | – To Suu. – Mum. | -敬给素 -母亲大人 |
[1:36:48] | Kim, take of your shoes, and don’t want any mud in the house. | 金 把鞋脱了 别把家里弄脏了 |
[1:36:54] | Dinner is at 7:30 tonight. Uncle Anthony’s coming around. | 晚餐推迟到七点半 安东尼叔叔要来 |
[1:37:05] | What’s wrong? | 怎么了 |
[1:37:08] | I miss Mum. | 我想妈妈 |
[1:38:12] | Exchange with him. | 和他换岗 |
[1:38:38] | “The art of people is a true mirror of their minds.” | 相由心生 |
[1:38:46] | Is that a new face I spy? | 新来的吗 |
[1:38:50] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么名字 |
[1:38:55] | Do you speak English? | 会说英语吗 |
[1:38:59] | So what’s your name? | 你叫什么 |
[1:39:03] | – Arun. – Arun. | -阿伦 -阿伦 |
[1:39:07] | Come here, let me show you something. | 到这里来 给你看点东西 |
[1:39:16] | It’s all right. I won’t bite. | 别害怕 我又不咬人 |
[1:39:22] | “You may not think about politics,” | 你可以不关注政治 |
[1:39:25] | “but politics thinks about you.” | 但政治关注你 |
[1:39:27] | Those were my father’s words. | 这是家父的话 |
[1:39:29] | Something for you to think about while you stand there. | 请好好想一想这些话 |
[1:39:38] | Your Grace, it’s very kind of you | 太好了 谢谢 |
[1:39:40] | to find the time to see me, thank you. | 非常感谢您能抽出时间 |
[1:39:42] | My dear Michael, there is not a day when I don’t think of Suu. | 迈克 我也在每天惦念着素 |
[1:39:46] | I wonder what more we could be doing. | 我希望我能有所帮助 |
[1:39:49] | I’m rather hoping you bring me good news of some kind. | 你有一些好消息吗 |
[1:39:52] | Well, no, I regret to say things are moving extremely slowly. | 没有 很难改变眼下的情势 |
[1:39:56] | The fact is that the generals are clearly indifferent to American | 缅甸军政府极度嘲讽 |
[1:40:00] | and European disapproval. | 美国和欧洲对他们的谴责 |
[1:40:02] | So without Asia coming on board, | 没有亚洲的支持… |
[1:40:05] | I fail to see how we are going to make much headway. | 我想我们根本无法取得进展 |
[1:40:07] | No time like the present! Excuse me. | 眼下没有时间 抱歉 |
[1:40:11] | My friends. Hello there. | 朋友们 你们好 |
[1:40:14] | I wish I could have your time for a quick word. | 很抱歉打搅一会 |
[1:40:17] | It’s nice to see you again. | 很高兴再见到你 |
[1:40:25] | The Asian Nations South East | 东南亚国家联盟 |
[1:40:27] | has carefully considered your request to join our association. | 认真研究了缅甸加入联盟的请求 |
[1:40:31] | And on a whole, we are inclined to accept it. | 根据过往经验 我们接受了您的请求 |
[1:40:35] | I’m delighted! We should make a toast! | 我很高兴 干杯 |
[1:40:40] | However, though America and Europe are in many ways our competitors, | 但是 尽管美欧某种程度上是我们的对手 |
[1:40:45] | we are nonetheless reliant on their good will. | 我们不得不依靠他们的友好态度 |
[1:40:51] | The democratic process takes time. | 民主是需要时间的 |
[1:40:54] | It is not something you achieve over night. | 不是一朝一夕完成的 |
[1:40:57] | We understand. | 我们懂的 |
[1:40:59] | That’s why we think a gesture from you will be appropriate. | 所以做出个姿态是很合适宜的 |
[1:41:03] | What kind of gesture? | 什么姿态 |
[1:41:07] | Ma Suu. The police chief is here to see you. | 夫人 警察总长来看您了 |
[1:41:20] | Madam. Your restricted residence is at an end. | 夫人 对您的软禁结束了 |
[1:41:24] | You are now free to come and go as you please. | 现在您可以来去自由了 |
[1:42:25] | Yes, hello. Hello? | 喂 |
[1:42:28] | – Mikey! – Suu? Suu, is that you? | -迈克 -素? 是你吗 |
[1:42:31] | You may not believe this, but I’m calling you from the British embassy. | 你不会相信的 但我从使馆打的电话 |
[1:42:35] | I’m free! | 我自由了 |
[1:42:36] | Tell the boys, I’m free again. | 告诉孩子们 我又自由了 |
[1:42:40] | I can’t believe what I’m hearing! | 我简直不敢相信 |
[1:42:42] | All my colleagues have been freed. | 我的同志们也被释放了 |
[1:42:44] | If I get my skates on we might even be able to be with you as early as tomorrow. | 如果我赶时间的话 我明天就能见到你了 |
[1:42:49] | – Yes, tomorrow will be a big day. – A wonderful day. | -明天会是个大日子 -美好的一天 |
[1:42:52] | And I’m hoping I’ll be hosting the first reunion meeting of the NLD. | 我期待重新组织联盟的会议 |
[1:42:56] | One of the happiest days of my life. | 我生命中最开心的一天 |
[1:42:58] | Hopefully, it will be tomorrow morning. | 我希望是明天早上 |
[1:43:00] | I’ll call the airport. With the time difference, it may be the day after, | 我给机场打电话 明天或者后天 |
[1:43:03] | but we’ll see you very soon! | 但肯定很快 |
[1:43:05] | Yes! Because, Mikey, the fight goes on! | 是的 迈克 斗争还要继续 |
[1:43:08] | – What goes on? – The fight goes on! | -什么 -斗争还要继续 |
[1:43:59] | Suu! | 素 |
[1:44:03] | Suu! | 素 |
[1:44:20] | I don’t think I have seen you looking quite so radiant. | 我从未见过你如此容光焕发 |
[1:44:23] | I’m so happy you’re here. | 很高兴你能来 |
[1:44:27] | – Hello, mum. – Alexander. | -你好 妈妈 -亚历山大 |
[1:44:30] | Where’s my little boy? | 我的小孩长大了 |
[1:44:35] | It’s so wonderful to see you all here. | 在这里见到你们太好了 |
[1:44:37] | Daw Suu, we need to go. | 夫人 我们还在继续 |
[1:44:41] | I just need to finish this quickly. All right? | 我尽快结束 |
[1:44:43] | You carry on. You carry on. | 继续 |
[1:44:57] | – Dad. – Yes, yes. | -父亲 -好 |
[1:45:12] | There you are. | 你在这呢 |
[1:45:14] | – I’ve been looking everywhere for you. – Oh, you know me. | -我在到处找你 -你懂我的 |
[1:45:18] | I’m never very far. | 我不会走远的 |
[1:45:21] | You have no idea how long I’ve waited to hold you in my arms again. | 你能想象我有多想再搂住你吗 |
[1:45:25] | Oh Mikey. I have to keep pinching myself. | 迈克 我禁不住总想起你 |
[1:45:29] | I used to think about you, and try to picture what you would be doing. | 一旦想到你 我就假想你正在做什么 |
[1:45:33] | And often I talked to you. Sometimes out loud. | 有时我还会和你大声说话 |
[1:45:37] | You would always be reassuring. | 你总是让我放宽心 |
[1:45:40] | And reminded me of your unwavering love. | 永远都记得你无穷的爱 |
[1:45:44] | I suppose you know the world is now united in declaring you a saint? | 你应该知道 整个世界都视你为圣人 |
[1:45:48] | I don’t care much for that cult of personality, as you know. | 我不在乎那些狂热的个人崇拜 |
[1:45:51] | And anyway, a saint is only a sinner who keeps on trying. | 圣人不过是不懈努力的罪人 |
[1:45:55] | Well, what are your sinful qualities? | 那你有什么缺点 |
[1:45:57] | You really have forgotten? | 你忘了吗 |
[1:45:58] | My terrible temper for one. My impatience for another. | 我脾气不好 没有耐心 |
[1:46:03] | And I’m stubborn. | 固执己见 |
[1:46:05] | I know. | 我懂的 |
[1:46:09] | Well, I’ve certainly read some wonderful descriptions of you. | 我总会读到关于你的正面报道 |
[1:46:13] | The Female Mandela. The Star of Burma. | 女曼德拉 缅甸之星 |
[1:46:16] | My favourite was on the front page of The Times. | 我的心上人上了「时代周刊」的封面 |
[1:46:19] | There was a beautiful picture of you, | 一张非常漂亮的照片 |
[1:46:22] | and beneath it said, The Steel Orchid. | 下面写着「钢铁兰花」 |
[1:46:28] | Is that how you see me? | 你也是这样看我的吗 |
[1:46:33] | Seeing you isn’t something I’ve done very much of recently. | 最近我在怀疑一些事情 |
[1:46:37] | Michael, | 迈克 |
[1:46:42] | if you should ever wish to be free… | 如果你想自由… |
[1:46:47] | To start again. | 那就开始吧 |
[1:46:49] | I want you to know that I will understand completely. | 我希望你明白 我完全理解你的决定 |
[1:46:54] | Look | 听着 |
[1:46:56] | I won’t deny this prolonged separation has been very hard. | 我不否认这种长期分别对我而言是种煎熬 |
[1:47:00] | Not just for me, for the boys, too. | 不仅对我 孩子们也一样 |
[1:47:02] | But I want to make something perfectly clear. | 但我想把事情完全说清楚 |
[1:47:05] | Throughout everything, from the very beginning, | 从一开始 我们就不顾一切的… |
[1:47:08] | we have always shared a common dream for Burma. | 分享着缅甸之梦 |
[1:47:11] | And far from being an obstacle, | 我从未将它视作障碍 |
[1:47:12] | I have always considered it to be the very thing that bound us. | 相反 是联系我们的纽带 |
[1:47:25] | You really must be the most indulgent husband that ever lived. | 你一定是历史上最宠爱妻子的丈夫 |
[1:48:14] | That was the last time I saw her. | 这是我最后一次见到她 |
[1:48:17] | Since then it’s been one refusal after another. | 从那之后 每次探亲都被拒绝 |
[1:48:20] | I could fill in one of these bloody forms in my sleep now. | 我闭着眼睛都能把申请表填完 |
[1:48:27] | – Oh, thank you. – You’re welcome. | -谢谢 -不客气 |
[1:48:33] | Does Suu know about the diagnosis yet? | 素知道你的病吗 |
[1:48:36] | For Christ’s sake. You are going to have to tell her. | 你最后还是得告诉她 |
[1:48:39] | All in good time, Anthony. All in good time. | 任何事情都有它的时间 安东尼 |
[1:48:44] | And how exactly are you proposing to break the news? | 你准备怎么告诉她 |
[1:48:51] | Daw Suu, a letter from England! | 夫人 英国寄来的信 |
[1:50:03] | Hello? | 喂 |
[1:50:08] | Mikey. | 迈克 |
[1:50:11] | Suu! How wonderful. | 素 太好了 |
[1:50:15] | At last. What a tonic to hear your voice. | 听到你的声音太高兴了 |
[1:50:19] | How are you, darling? | 亲爱的 你怎么样了 |
[1:50:21] | You received my letter then? | 你收到我的信了吗 |
[1:50:25] | I’m still trying to take it in. | 我仍在努力接受事实 |
[1:50:27] | Yes, of course, of course. | 当然 |
[1:50:29] | Well, the good news is, | 好消息 |
[1:50:31] | The good news is, I fully intend to fight it all the way. | 我会坚持到最后一刻的 |
[1:50:34] | And nothing will boost me quite like coming to see you. | 没有什么能比见到你更让我坚持下去了 |
[1:50:38] | And if all goes well with the visa | 如果签证一切顺利… |
[1:50:41] | and I rather think this might be the ammunition | 如果我的现状能使他们这次… |
[1:50:44] | that could make them relent once and for all. | 网开一面 |
[1:50:50] | There is every chance we might be able to see each other in time for my birthday. | 我们会有机会在我生日那天重逢的 |
[1:50:55] | – We could celebrate together. – All right. | -我们可以一起庆祝 -好 |
[1:50:59] | Yes. | 好的 |
[1:51:00] | So courage, Suu. | 素 勇敢点 |
[1:51:02] | Courage. Be of good cheer. | 勇敢点 振作起来 |
[1:51:07] | – Hello? Are you still there? – Yes, I’m still here. | -喂 你还在吗 -在呢 |
[1:51:11] | Yes, good. An old student of mine, | 好的 我以前的一个学生 |
[1:51:15] | a former monk named Karma, | 当过僧侣 叫做卡玛 |
[1:51:18] | – has agreed to accompany me. – Oh good. | -他在照顾我 -太好了 |
[1:51:21] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:51:24] | Take good care. | 照顾好自己 |
[1:51:26] | All very soon. It won’t be long. | 很快就能见到你了 不用多久 |
[1:51:30] | – And Suu? Suu? – Hello? | -素? -喂 |
[1:52:16] | Mr Gordon… | 戈登先生 |
[1:52:31] | Suu. Suu. | 素…素 |
[1:52:35] | Mr Gordon, | 戈登先生 |
[1:52:36] | we have to explore every way of putting pressure on the authorities. | 我们必须竭尽全力给当局施加压力 |
[1:52:40] | I gather from Anthony that a lobbying campaign is already underway. | 据安东尼说 所有方案都在实施中 |
[1:52:44] | He has already spoken with both Desmond Tutu and the White House when we talked. | 他已经和德斯蒙德·图图以及白宫联系过 |
[1:52:48] | I want to assure you Suu, none of us has any intention of resting, | 其他人都保证在迈克拿到签证以前 |
[1:52:52] | until Michael’s visa is confirmed. | 没有人会坐视不管 |
[1:52:56] | – Thank you. – Yes. | -谢谢 -不客气 |
[1:52:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:53:21] | No, no, no, no, no. You are your own worst enemy. | 不要这样 你才是自己最大的敌人 |
[1:53:27] | Please, Michael. I beg you, go back to bed. | 求你了 迈克 上床睡觉 |
[1:53:31] | – It’s nearly midnight. – I know, I know. | -已经午夜了 -我知道 |
[1:53:34] | Ten minutes, Karma. Give me ten minutes. | 卡玛 再给我十分钟 |
[1:53:36] | There is a mountain of unanswered correspondence to deal with. | 我有成堆的信件要处理 |
[1:53:41] | It can’t wait any longer. | 我等不了的 |
[1:53:44] | Who’ll supervise my students when I’m gone? | 不然 谁来指导我的学生呢 |
[1:53:47] | People depend on me. | 这些人都在指望着我 |
[1:53:49] | I can’t just be lolling around in bed all day and night. | 我不能把时间都浪费在床上 |
[1:53:53] | Please, please, | 求你了 |
[1:53:56] | I’ll go back to bed in ten minutes. | 我保证十分钟后上床睡觉 |
[1:53:59] | – You promise? – I promise. | -你保证? -我保证 |
[1:54:02] | – See you tomorrow. – Goodnight. | -明天见 -晚安 |
[1:54:31] | – Hello? – Mikey. | -喂 -迈克 |
[1:54:35] | Suu. How are you? | 素 你好吗 |
[1:54:37] | Have you heard anything yet? | 你有什么消息吗 |
[1:54:40] | – Quickly, before they cut the line. – Yes. | 快说 他们很快就切断线路了 |
[1:54:43] | I just need to know. | 我想知道 |
[1:54:45] | Is there any sign at all that they will let you come? | 他们有说你可以来吗 |
[1:54:47] | Yes. Any day now. | 是的 随时会批下来 |
[1:54:52] | I promise you. Not long now. | 我保证 不会太久 |
[1:54:57] | – I’ve been wondering. – What? | -我在想… -什么 |
[1:55:01] | Should I… | 我应该… |
[1:55:06] | – Do you think I should come and see you? – No, no, no no. | -你觉得我应该回去吗 -不行 不行 |
[1:55:09] | Darling, you are not even to consider it. | 不能有这样的想法 |
[1:55:14] | We didn’t come all this way just to fall in the final furlong. | 还没到那时候 |
[1:55:21] | We are being helped at the very highest level now. | 大家都在支持我们 |
[1:55:27] | There’s every reason… | 所有事情都表明… |
[1:55:32] | Mikey? | 迈克 |
[1:55:54] | Hi, Dad. | 早上好 父亲 |
[1:55:57] | That was your mother. | 是你的母亲 |
[1:56:01] | She said to send you her love. | 她说她爱你 |
[1:56:27] | It took longer than expected. | 比预期的要长 |
[1:56:30] | But I knew | 但我知道 |
[1:56:33] | someday even the daughter of General Aung San | 总有一天 昂山将军的女儿 |
[1:56:35] | eventually give up. | 会放弃的 |
[1:56:45] | Madam, | 夫人 |
[1:56:46] | the General has considered your letter very carefully, | 将军仔细的阅读了您的信 |
[1:56:49] | and he asks me to inform you that unfortunately | 但是很遗憾 他让我通知您 |
[1:56:53] | the authorities simply do not have the resources, to deal with your husband’s medical needs. | 我国政府不具备照顾您先生的医疗条件 |
[1:56:58] | No one is asking you to do that. | 没有人要求你们做这些 |
[1:57:00] | The Norwegian government has offered a plane with private equipment. | 挪威政府已经承诺提供一家医用飞机 |
[1:57:05] | And the Dalai Lama one of his own doctors to attend to Michael while he is here. | 达赖喇嘛也派出了自己的一名医生来照顾迈克 |
[1:57:09] | Of course a wife would wish to be with her husband at such a time. | 此时此刻 您很想和您的先生团聚 |
[1:57:13] | 我已经为您预订了一张返程机票 | |
[1:57:17] | You could be with Dr Aris by this time tomorrow. | 明天这时候 您就可以回到他身边 |
[1:57:20] | But then you will never let me return. | 那么 你们就不会让我回来了 |
[1:57:26] | You are free to choose, Madam. | 由您来自由选择… |
[1:57:30] | Your husband and children. | 是您的先生和孩子 |
[1:57:32] | Or your country. | 还是您的祖国 |
[1:57:41] | Now, what kind of freedom is that? | 这是什么自由 |
[1:58:39] | Another refusal. | 又被拒签了 |
[1:58:45] | And all the while, time slipping through my fingers. | 时间从指缝间溜走了 |
[1:58:52] | I’m simply not ready to go yet, | 我还是不能前往 |
[1:58:56] | do you hear me? | 听见了吗 |
[1:58:59] | And what’s to become of Kim? And Alex? | 金和阿历克斯怎么办 |
[1:59:03] | – Michael, take some deep breaths… – No, no. No. | -迈克 深呼吸 -不 |
[1:59:06] | Come on. | 快吃药 |
[1:59:14] | Oh, God. I feel like I’m losing my mind. | 天啊 我快要发疯了 |
[1:59:17] | Michael, please, calm yourself. Calm yourself. | 迈克 冷静点 冷静 |
[1:59:33] | Hi, Dad. | 父亲 |
[1:59:36] | Oh, I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[1:59:39] | I’m so sick of being sick. | 这真让我雪上加霜 |
[1:59:51] | – Allo? – Who’s speaking, please? | -喂 -谁在听电话 |
[1:59:54] | I’m the maid, madam. | 我是佣人 夫人 |
[1:59:56] | I’d like to talk to my husband, please. | 我想和我的先生通电话 |
[1:59:58] | He had a very bad night and they decided he’d be more comfortable at the hospice. | 他昨晚情况很糟糕 他正接受临终关怀 |
[2:00:03] | They left a number. His friend, Karma. | 他们留下了卡玛的电话 |
[2:00:07] | Do you want the number? | 您需要这个号码吗 |
[2:00:09] | Yes. Yes, please. | 是的 |
[2:00:17] | – Hello? – Karma? | -喂 -卡玛? |
[2:00:28] | Madam, I’m afraid the news is not good. Michael is in a hospice now. | 夫人 情况不好 迈克在接受临终关怀 |
[2:00:35] | He is slipping away very fast. | 可能没多少时间了 |
[2:00:37] | There must be something we can do. | 我们必须多点什么 |
[2:00:39] | There must be something. | 必须做点什么 |
[2:00:40] | They’ve explored every avenue. | 他们尝试了所有办法 |
[2:00:43] | I’m sorry. | 非常抱歉 |
[2:00:46] | – Hello? – What? Karma? | -喂 -卡玛? |
[2:00:48] | Hello? | 喂 |
[2:01:00] | – Hello? – Karma? | -喂 -卡玛? |
[2:01:03] | – Hi, Mum. – Kim. | -妈妈 -金 |
[2:01:08] | He doesn’t have much time left. | 他没有太多时间了 |
[2:01:14] | But I can’t. | 但我不能回去 |
[2:01:16] | My hands are tied. | 我必须留在这里 |
[2:01:18] | – I’m sorry. – I know. | -对不起 -我知道 |
[2:01:21] | But he’s dying. | 他快要走了 |
[2:01:28] | Please, try to understand. Kim. | 希望你能够理解 金 |
[2:01:32] | It would be the end of everything your father and I fought for so long. | 这会终结你父亲和我付出多年的心血 |
[2:01:37] | – Hello? – Kim? | -喂 -金? |
[2:01:42] | Kim? | 金? |
[2:01:45] | No… | 不… |
[2:02:03] | Mum sends her love. | 妈妈送来了问候 |
[2:02:29] | – Karma? – Yes? | -卡玛? -我在 |
[2:02:32] | – You know it’s my birthday tomorrow. – Yes, I know. | -明天就是我的生日了 -是的 我知道 |
[2:02:39] | A fitting time, for me to take my final bow, I think. | 我想这是我的最后时刻了… |
[2:02:57] | The husband of Nobel Peace Prize winner Aung San Suu Kyi | 诺贝尔和平奖得主昂山素季的丈夫 |
[2:03:01] | has died of cancer on his 53rd birthday. | 在五十三岁生日当天因为癌症去世 |
[2:03:07] | Dr Aris, an Oxford University academic, was prevented from seeing his wife, | 牛津大学的阿里斯博士被阻止与他的妻子见面 |
[2:03:12] | with whom he had two sons, for the past three years. | 在过去的三年时间 他跟他的两个儿子一起生活 |
[2:03:37] | Mikey! | 迈克 |
[2:03:44] | Mikey! | 迈克 |
[2:03:55] | Mikey! | 迈克 |
[2:03:59] | Mikey! | 迈克 |
[2:05:42] | Aung San Suu Kyi! | 昂山素季 |