英文名称:the last full measure
年代:2019
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[03:39] | 103.6, Wptc. | 新闻 广播 交通 体育和天气 |
[03:42] | All news, radio, traffics, sports and weather. | 尽在103.6频道 |
[03:45] | 华盛顿 1999年9月19日 | |
[03:46] | In the district there is a vile up on constitution. | 这个区出现了严重的交通堵塞 |
[03:50] | Yes, hi, Dr. Hollands office, please. | 您好 请帮我接霍兰德医生的办公室 |
[03:51] | This thing cheat. | 这太难玩 |
[03:53] | – This is terrible. – Uh..hello? | -这交通太糟糕了 -你好 |
[03:55] | Hi, I’m Tara Huffman, and I have an 8:15 amnion scheduled, | 你好 我是塔拉·霍夫曼 我约了8点15做孕检 |
[03:58] | and we’re totally stuck on the Constitution. | 我们堵在路上了 |
[04:01] | I’m so sorry, can you hang on a second? | 抱歉 你可以稍等我一下吗 |
[04:03] | Hello? | 你好 |
[04:04] | Hi, Celia, I’m on the other line. | 你好 西莉亚 我在另一个电话上 |
[04:06] | Wait. Celia? | 等下 是西莉亚吗 |
[04:08] | Okay, alright. | 是的 好吧 |
[04:09] | – Quickly, quickly. – Okay. | -快点 快点 -好的 |
[04:13] | Hey, what’s up? | 你好 什么事 |
[04:15] | What? | 什么 |
[04:16] | Why? | 为什么 |
[04:18] | I’m gonna call you back. Just meet me downstairs. | 我一会儿回你电话 在楼下等我 |
[04:20] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[04:24] | Peters just fucking quit. | 皮特斯辞职了 |
[04:26] | You owe me a quarter. | 你欠我十五分钟 |
[04:28] | What happened? Why? | 发生了什么 怎么会这样 |
[04:30] | I–I don’t know. I don’t know what happened. | 我 我也不知道 我不知道发生了什么 |
[04:33] | Okay, there is a metro station two blocks away, why don’t you take it? | 地铁站就离这两个街区 你要不坐地铁吧 |
[04:36] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[04:38] | – Yeah, yeah. – I’m sorry. | -没问题 没问题 -对不起 |
[04:40] | – It’s okay. – Thank you. | -没关系的 -谢谢你 |
[04:44] | Alright, buddy, take care of your mom, okay? | 小家伙 照顾好你妈 好吗 |
[04:50] | – Alright. Good luck. – Okay. | -好吧 祝你好运 -好的 |
[04:51] | – I’ll call you later. – Okay. It’s gonna be okay. | -我晚点打给你 -好的 没事的 |
[04:53] | – Alright. – Bye. | -好的 -再见 |
[05:19] | I called as soon as I heard. | 我一听到这个消息立马就打给你了 |
[05:21] | It’s your job to keep my pale-ass out of the stink | 你的工作就是帮我收拾烂摊子 |
[05:24] | you’re my Kevlar. | 你是我防弹衣 |
[05:25] | How was I supposed to know the secretary was gonna call a press conference, | 我怎么会知道部长计划召开新闻发布会 |
[05:27] | – let alone resigned today. – Did he have a reason? | -更不用说今天辞职了 -他有说原因吗 |
[05:30] | The secretary? Oh, yes. | 部长吗 有 |
[05:31] | – He wants to spend more– – More time with the family? | -他想花更多时间 -更多时间陪家人吗 |
[05:34] | Oh, Jesus. Is Stanton there? | 我的老天 斯坦顿在吗 |
[05:35] | – He brought the donuts. – Of course, he did. | -他带了甜甜圈 -当然 他肯定带了 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:1567个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:276个,六级词汇:144个,GRE词汇:163个,托福词汇:212个,考研词汇:310个,专四词汇:253个,专八词汇:45个, 所有生词标注共:501个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[05:38] | What’s my day like? | 我今天行程怎么样 |
[05:39] | We’ve a 11 o’clock, he is early, | 你11点有个会 他早到了 |
[05:40] | – and your lunch scrubbed. – What 11 o’clock? | -你没时间吃饭了 -11点见谁 |
[05:42] | Master Sergeant Thomas Tully. | 军士长托马斯·塔利 |
[05:44] | Never heard of him scheduled. | 没听说过要见他 |
[05:49] | We missed you at the brief. | 我们刚结束简报 |
[05:51] | I got to have my ear to the rail, Carl, | 卡尔 我得时刻关注事情进展 |
[05:53] | or that train might have run me over. | 否则我会出问题的 |
[05:54] | Well, if you’d be here on time, | 如果你准时到的话 |
[05:56] | you would have heard it like the rest of us. | 你会跟我们一样听到这件事 |
[05:57] | You must’ve known something. | 你一定已经知道了什么 |
[05:58] | Hey, I was here, you weren’t. | 刚刚我在 你不在 |
[06:00] | It’s on you. I–I– I got you a doughnut. | 你决定吧 我 我 我给你带了炸面包圈 |
[06:02] | It’s got..sprinkles. | 上面有巧克力屑 |
[06:04] | – My wife had a amnion. – Oh.. | -我老婆去做了孕检 -哦 |
[06:06] | Oh, right. Priorities. | 好吧 那很要紧 |
[06:08] | I don’t know how you do it. Wife.. | 我都不知道你是怎么做到的 要照顾老婆 |
[06:10] | – Kids, hamster.. – Oh, it was Gerbil. | -孩子 仓鼠 -那是沙鼠 |
[06:12] | Mercifully, he finally went tits up. | 幸运的是 他最后挂了 |
[06:15] | Life refined itself of your patience. | 只要你有耐心 生活会越来越好的 |
[06:17] | It was a shock, but I’m finally over it. | 这令人震惊 但我最后克服了它 |
[06:20] | You okay? What’s–what’s– What’s bothering you? | 你还好吗 什么 什么 什么在困扰你 |
[06:23] | I’m a government lawyer about to be unemployed. | 我是一个即将失业的政府律师 |
[06:25] | Oh, come on! You’re a superstar in the verge of free agency. | 得了 你是即将成为自由球员的超级明星 |
[06:28] | You will find something. | 你会找到工作的 |
[06:29] | In the middle of an election year? | 在大选年么 |
[06:31] | Not even Tiger could sing that part. | 即便强如老虎也不能保证 |
[06:32] | What makes you think I can? | 是什么让你觉得我可以 |
[06:34] | Because your political Darwinism is absolutely instinctual. | 因为你的政治达尔文主义绝对是天生的 |
[06:38] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[06:39] | Oh, you’re welcome. | 哦 不用谢 |
[06:42] | You remember that decorations review I gave you in July? | 你还记得我7月份给你的那份勋章评估吗 |
[06:45] | It’s a vague potential memory. | 我记的不是很清楚 |
[06:47] | A Medal of Honor upgrade? | 荣誉勋章升级? |
[06:49] | You have a status briefing. | 有个进展简报 |
[06:51] | – When? – Now. | -什么时候 -现在 |
[06:52] | – With who? – Master Sergeant Thomas Tully. | -跟谁 -军士长托马斯·塔利 |
[06:55] | Air force para-rescue, retired. | 空军救援队员 退休了 |
[06:58] | – Flew in from Davie. – Your 11 o’ clock. | -从戴维飞过来的 -十一点到了 |
[07:00] | He’s the guy’s buddy. | 他是这个人的兄弟 |
[07:03] | Who’s guy? | 谁啊 |
[07:04] | – What guy? – The Medal Of Honor candidate. | -什么人 -荣誉勋章的候选人 |
[07:06] | Why he won’t just… come himself? | 他为什么不自己来 |
[07:08] | Because it’s posthumous. | 因为他去世了 |
[07:12] | You better read it down. | 你最好仔细读一遍 |
[07:13] | Here you go. | 给你 |
[07:18] | – Christ, I– – I’ve been reminding you since July. | -天啊 我 -我从7月以来一直在提醒您 |
[07:24] | We’re talking about one of my buddies in the days of the war. | 我们在说的是我战时的一个兄弟 |
[07:28] | Pit saved lives. | 皮特救死扶伤 |
[07:30] | And he was awarded with a Air Force Cross. | 他被授予了空军十字奖章 |
[07:32] | – What’s wrong with that? – It was downgraded to the Cross. | -这有什么问题 -他是被降到十字勋章的 |
[07:35] | We put him up for the Medal of Honor. | 我们提名了他拿荣誉勋章 |
[07:37] | – That’s different. – Sergeant. | -这不一样 -军士长 |
[07:39] | I’m gonna tell you something you probably already know. | 我要告诉你一些你可能已经知道的事 |
[07:41] | Decoration upgrades are rare. | 勋章升级几乎不可能 |
[07:43] | The criteria for review is new information. | 重新评估的标准是要有新的信息 |
[07:45] | I think that “no information” part was your job. | 我认为信息那部分是你的工作 |
[07:48] | This was 30 years ago. | 这是30年前的事了 |
[07:50] | I mean, there is an agenda you have I should know about? | 我是说 你有什么要告诉我的吗 |
[07:53] | Justice delayed is justice denied. | 迟到的正义非正义 |
[07:58] | That’s my damn agenda. | 这就是我要说的 |
[08:00] | Sergeant Tully, Secretary of the Air Force.. | 军士长塔利 空军部长 |
[08:03] | ..Resigned today. | 今天辞职了 |
[08:04] | In three months, | 三个月内 |
[08:06] | everyone in this office is gonna be gone, including me. | 这个办公室里的所有人都会离开 包括我 |
[08:10] | This will take years. | 这需要很长时间 |
[08:13] | We’re gonna follow-up on this next week. | 我们下周会继续跟进 |
[08:35] | Secretary Peters? | 皮特斯部长吗 |
[08:38] | Yes. | 是 |
[08:39] | I’m Thomas Tully. | 我是托马斯·塔利 |
[08:41] | Air force para-rescue. | 空军救援队队员 |
[08:43] | Retired. | 退休了 |
[08:49] | Defense Contract Audit Agency is looking for a Regional Director. | 国防合同审计署在招一个地区总监 |
[08:53] | That one would be a misstep. | 那不是个好主意 |
[08:56] | Okay, well, you’re now officially on your own. | 好的 那么 你现在正式靠你自己了 |
[09:00] | – Don’t be like that. – Call sheet is in your computer, | -别这样 -电话簿在你电脑里 |
[09:02] | the Secretary is looking for you and your wife called. | 部长在找你 你老婆打过电话来 |
[09:05] | Wait. Why? | 等等 找我什么事 |
[09:07] | Well..she didn’t say. | 她没说 |
[09:09] | No. Peters. | 不 我说皮特斯 |
[09:11] | He wants to see you in his office in five minutes. | 他想五分钟内在办公室见到你 |
[09:15] | Congratulations on the job, Carl. | 卡尔 感谢你的付出 |
[09:17] | More mascots under your feet. | 你干得很出色 |
[09:19] | Thank you Mr. Secretary. | 谢谢你 部长先生 |
[09:26] | Sit. Sit down. | 坐 请坐 |
[09:30] | A Master Sergeant Thomas Tully | 一个军士长托马斯·塔利 |
[09:33] | doesn’t think we’re giving this MOH matter a perch e. | 认为我们不重视荣誉勋章这事 |
[09:38] | That’s a misunderstanding. | 他误解了 |
[09:40] | That’s what I said. | 我这么说了 |
[09:41] | Sir? | 所以呢 |
[09:48] | Operation Abilene | 阿比林行动 |
[09:50] | was one of the bloodiest battles of the entire war. | 是整场战争里面最残酷的战役之一 |
[09:53] | The ‘Vietnam’ War. | 越南战争 |
[09:55] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[09:55] | An entire company nearly wiped out but for this PJ’s efforts. | 整支队伍几乎都被消灭了 多亏PJ努力 |
[09:59] | Para-rescue jumper. | 跳伞救援队员 |
[10:01] | Pitsenbarger is a legend in the PJ community. | 皮森巴格是救援队团体的传奇 |
[10:05] | I understand that. | 我明白 |
[10:09] | Well, Carl’s putting together your itinerary. | 卡尔在帮你准备行程 |
[10:12] | You’ll collect combat testimonies, personally, | 你需要亲去收集战斗的证词 |
[10:15] | and prepare a package for a full decorations review. | 然后准备一份勋章评估的完整材料 |
[10:18] | But we’re about to present the budget to committee. | 但是我们快要给委员会展示预算了 |
[10:20] | Yeah, well, Carl has it covered. | 是的 卡尔会负责这事 |
[10:22] | I’ve been working on it. | 我在这事上花了很多时间了 |
[10:24] | All year. | 一整年 |
[10:26] | And now you’re working on this. | 但现在你得负责这件事了 |
[10:31] | The Medal of Honor | 荣誉勋章 |
[10:32] | is the highest recognition of Military valor there is. | 是军队英雄事迹的最高认可 |
[10:41] | Eisenhower at the white house. | 艾森豪威尔执掌白宫时也说过类似的话 |
[10:43] | Now, why do you think | 现在告诉我你觉得为什么 |
[10:44] | four star Generals and Presidents would say something like that? | 四星上将和总统们会这么说 |
[10:48] | Honestly, I have no idea. | 说实话 我不知道 |
[10:50] | Well, that’s a very good place to start. | 那么这是一个很好的出发点 |
[10:53] | I’m off the budget because of some grunt-case | 因为这个步兵的事 我被撤下预算的项目 |
[10:54] | Peters in the shitter with him. Are you kidding me? | 皮特斯在厕所遇到他 开什么玩笑 |
[10:57] | He’s not a grunt. He’s Air Force. | 他不是步兵 他是空军 |
[10:59] | And you’re off the budget because you embarrassed him. | 你被从预算项目撤下来是因为你让他尴尬了 |
[11:01] | – Who? Tully? – No. Peters. | -谁 塔利吗 -不是 是皮特斯 |
[11:02] | Look, uh, I’ve never done a medal review, I– | 听着 我从来没有做过奖章评估 我 |
[11:04] | I– I don’t have time for this. | 我 我也没时间做这个 |
[11:06] | What job did you get, anyway? | 不过你的新工作是什么 |
[11:07] | I’m Legislative Director for Madison Holt, | 我现在是麦迪逊·霍尔特的立法总监 |
[11:10] | if it’s any of your business. | 如果跟你有关的话 |
[11:12] | Chairman of Armed Services? | 武装部队的主席吗 |
[11:14] | Is there another? Look..what, do I have to spell this out for you? | 有别的吗 听着 我需要拼写给你吗 |
[11:17] | It’s just crazy. | 太疯狂了 |
[11:18] | Take a few days, go collect some war stories, | 花几天时间 去收集一些战争故事 |
[11:21] | have Celia write up a summary statement requesting more time. | 让西莉亚写一个总结报告去争取更多的时间 |
[11:25] | We look like we give a shit, just till it rolls-over | 我们假装在推进此事 直到 |
[11:27] | to the next poor slob who takes your job, | 你可怜的接任者到位 |
[11:29] | and you’re out of it, | 然后你就解脱了 |
[11:30] | before Appropriations even sniffs the budget. | 在拨款 甚至你对预算嗤之以鼻之前 |
[11:32] | – That’s it? – Yeah, that’s it. | -就这样吗 -是的 就是这样 |
[12:10] | It’s only gonna be a day, honey. | 我就去一天 亲爱的 |
[12:19] | We’re getting fired from all corners.Over. | 我们被包围了 完毕 |
[12:22] | Charlie-6-dawn 3. | 查理 6号 邓恩 3号 |
[12:40] | – Everybody down! – Take cover! | -全体趴下 -掩护自己 |
[12:45] | Contact! Victor Charlie! | 请求支援 越南共军 |
[12:47] | We have wounded and we are taking fires! | 我们受伤了 我们正在交战 |
[12:50] | Heaven-1, Pedro inbound, say, two mikes out. | 海文 1号 佩特罗两分钟后到达 |
[12:56] | Copy that, Charlie-6. We’re inbound now. | 收到 查理 6号 我们到了 |
[12:59] | – Charlie-6.. – Get behind now! | -查理 6号 -绕后 |
[13:01] | They have mortars and automatic weapon now. | 他们有迫击炮和自动武器 |
[13:03] | It’s an ambush! | 这是一次伏击 |
[13:07] | Keep moving! | 继续移动 |
[13:14] | Hey, Tully! It doesn’t look too good down there. | 塔利 下面看起来情况不太好 |
[13:20] | They don’t know how to load the litters. | 他们不知道怎么装运伤员 |
[13:25] | Holy shit! It’s the medic. | 见鬼了 是军医 |
[13:31] | – Okay. – Somebody needs to go down there… | -好了 -有人需要下去一下 |
[13:33] | and get ’em straiten down. | 把它放下去 |
[13:35] | No way, it’s hotter than hell down there, Pits. | 没办法 皮特 下面交战太激烈了 |
[13:37] | Those people can’t wait. They’ve lost the medic. | 他们没时间了 他们失去了军医 |
[13:44] | Let me go down, speed up the whole deal. | 让我下去吧 我会快点搞定 |
[13:48] | As soon as we have their wounded, you’re back on this bird. | 一旦你接到了伤员 你就得回来 |
[13:50] | Roger that. | 明白 |
[14:00] | You be goddamn careful. | 你给我小心点 |
[14:05] | I’m going down! | 我在下降了 |
[14:20] | Get the fuck out of here! | 快他妈离开这里 |
[14:33] | Sounds like a suicide mission. | 看起来像自杀行动 |
[14:38] | Suicide is hopeless. | 自杀是绝望的 |
[14:44] | What Pitsenbarger did was | 皮森巴格所做的事 |
[14:48] | it was valor. | 是英勇的 |
[14:50] | It was a hell of a thing see from where I was sitting. | 从我的角度看就是这样 |
[14:53] | Then why didn’t he get the medal in ’66? | 为何在66年 他没获得荣誉勋章 |
[14:56] | – You must have some opinion. – If my opinion mattered | -你有什么看法吗 -如果我的看法有用 |
[14:59] | this would have been done long ago. | 这事早解决了 |
[15:02] | Do you do something, Sergeant? | 军士长 你有在做什么吗 |
[15:05] | Do you have a job or | 你有工作或者 |
[15:07] | a hobby or is this | 其它爱好 |
[15:08] | your full time thing? | 还是说你把所有时间都投在这了 |
[15:11] | I’m a palliative nurse. | 我是一个临终关怀护工 |
[15:14] | I work with terminal patients and their families | 负责让临终病人和他们的家人 |
[15:18] | to clarify End-of-life goals and | 明确人生终点的目标 |
[15:21] | symptom management. Psycho. Social. | 以及管理病症 包括精神病和社会障碍 |
[15:27] | Spiritual support. | 也就是心灵治疗 |
[15:32] | Do you make your own bed? | 你自己铺床吗 |
[15:36] | What? | 啥 |
[15:38] | Well, that’s a simple question. | 就字面意思 |
[15:41] | My wife does it. | 我的妻子来铺 |
[15:44] | It must have sucked to be her. | 对她而言 这一定很让人恶心 |
[15:48] | Is there… a point here somewhere? | 这是话里有话吗 |
[15:50] | We’d been down this road before. | 我们以做过这些 |
[15:54] | You just the FNG. | 你就是个恶臭萌新 |
[15:58] | Sergeant… | 军士长 |
[16:00] | this | 这 |
[16:01] | ..old-pep project of your’s has been in a coma for three decades. | 你的陈年旧事都过了三十年 |
[16:06] | There’s nothing in this for me, but I’m here anyway. | 虽然这不关我的事 但我还是接手了 |
[16:10] | So, what do you want? | 你还想怎么样 |
[16:12] | Sorry to keep you | 抱歉让你久等了 |
[16:17] | I nap | 今天我小憩 |
[16:19] | more than I used to. | 比平常的要长 |
[16:21] | Mr. Pitsenbarger, sir. | 皮森巴格长官 |
[16:23] | You know, I’m just getting old. It’s, uh.. | 我老了 |
[16:26] | Hard, it’s.. | 对我来说 |
[16:27] | Keep me awake long enough to enjoy it. | 不容易长时间保持清醒 |
[16:33] | – Oh, thank you. – Well. | -谢谢你 -没事 |
[16:34] | – Thank you. – So.. | -谢谢你 -那么 |
[16:36] | You’re the new one. | 你是新来的 |
[16:38] | The new one? | 新来的 |
[16:40] | If you want the real story about Abilene, | 你如果想知道阿比林行动的真实故事 |
[16:43] | you will need to talk to the mud soldiers. | 就该和一线士兵聊聊 |
[16:45] | And they are? | 比如哪位 |
[16:47] | You working for the Department of Defense, right? | 你不是在国防部工作吗 |
[16:53] | They are the Army guys, on the ground. | 第16步兵团查理连队 |
[16:55] | Charlie Company. 16th Infantry. | 他们是地面部队 |
[16:58] | The big red one. | 牺牲惨重 |
[17:00] | Well. As far as they’re concerned, you see, it wasn’t | 但是至少在上级看来 |
[17:03] | Bill’s fight. | 比尔不属于那场战斗 |
[17:04] | Bill was Air Force. | 比尔是空军 |
[17:06] | Charlie Company took 80 % of the casualties, | 在那一天查理连队 |
[17:08] | that’s 34 KIA’s. | 有八成人受伤 |
[17:11] | In the same day. | 其中34人阵亡 |
[17:13] | Bill was a part of it, of course. | 毋庸置疑比尔也牺牲了 |
[17:15] | But, he wasn’t one of them. | 但他不被算作其中之一 |
[17:18] | We have to respect that. | 我们应该尊敬他 |
[17:19] | Alright. | 明白 |
[17:20] | Now, Billy Takoda | 现在 比利 特科达 |
[17:22] | lives | 住在 |
[17:24] | over in Sterling County, that’s about an hour’s drive from here. | 斯特林县 离这大约一小时车程 |
[17:28] | Over the years, the wives have tracked down most of the guys. | 这些年 他的妻子联系上了大多数士兵 |
[17:32] | You might want to start with them. | 你应该先和他们聊聊 |
[17:34] | And this Billy | 那这位比利 |
[17:36] | guy | 先生 |
[17:37] | is he..Will he talk to me? Is he alright? | 他还 他能和我聊吗 他还好吗 |
[17:42] | Two of you should get a lot of fun. | 你俩会碰撞出很多火花的 |
[18:11] | Hello?! | 有人吗 |
[18:14] | What the hell are you yelling for? | 你瞎叫什么 |
[18:18] | Jesus. | 天呐 |
[18:25] | Billy Takoda. | 比利 特科达 |
[18:27] | Not an easy guy to find. | 真不好找 |
[18:29] | Y’all be careful down there, you hear? | 你们几个看着点 听到没 |
[18:31] | Jeremy. Stay out of that water. | 吉米 别碰水 |
[18:36] | So, what’s your story? | 那么你有什么要讲的 |
[18:38] | Why are you here? | 你为什么来这 |
[18:42] | I appreciate what you’ve been through. | 我很欣赏你的经历 |
[18:43] | Uh..I’m here to help. | 我来这帮你 |
[18:45] | If you wanted to help, you’d pick up weapon, | 老友 你如果想帮忙 就去选好武器 |
[18:47] | get some scan into game, friend. | 体验一下战争的残酷 |
[18:50] | You’d acknowledge you own a piece of every bomb drop, | 了解自你出生后的 |
[18:52] | every bullet fired ever since you’ve been born. | 每一块弹片和每一发子弹 |
[18:55] | That you have blood on your hand. You understand? | 双手沾满鲜血 明白吗 |
[18:58] | Second chance. | 第二次机会 |
[19:00] | Why are you here? | 你为什么来这 |
[19:05] | It’s my job. | 这是我的工作 |
[19:07] | I don’t have a choice. | 我没得选 |
[19:09] | See? That’s progress. | 看到没 这样好多了 |
[19:10] | Vulnerability in communication. | 交流的隔阂消失了 |
[19:13] | Honesty builds trust. | 诚实构建信任 |
[19:15] | That’s the only real currency we get left in this world. | 这是世上剩下的唯一财富 |
[19:19] | Now you can trust me? | 现在你能信任我了吗 |
[19:22] | No. | 还没 |
[19:25] | Do you mind… if I.. Uh.. | 你介意我坐这吗 |
[19:31] | I’m, uh, here so I can | 这个 |
[19:34] | hear your side of the story. | 能帮我记录下你的看法 |
[19:40] | I talk. | 我讲 |
[19:42] | You listen. | 你听 |
[19:50] | Vietnam wasn’t my first square-dance. | 越南不是我的第一个战场 |
[19:53] | I was a dog-faced lifer. | 我是一名士兵 |
[19:55] | A natural war fighter. | 天生的战士 |
[19:58] | I loved it. | 我喜欢战斗 |
[20:00] | Nothing… made me feel more alive. | 没有能让我更兴奋的了 |
[20:05] | But I had never seen nothing like Abilene. | 可我从经历过阿比林行动那样的 |
[20:09] | A lost of men like that. | 受伤的人不计其数 |
[20:18] | Fuck! | 操 |
[20:19] | – Fuck! Medic! – Let’s go! Let’s go! | -医疗兵 -快走 |
[20:21] | – Medic! – Jan, Cover me! | -医疗兵 -杰掩护我 |
[20:23] | – Medic! – Take cover! | -医疗兵 -火力掩护 |
[20:29] | – Oh, god! – Goddamn it, Jerry, you alright? | -天呐 -真该死 杰瑞你还好吗 |
[20:32] | Contact! Victor Charlie! | 遇敌 越共 |
[20:34] | – Let’s move! Let’s move! – I’m hit! | -行动起来 -我中枪了 |
[20:36] | We have wounded and we’re taking fire! | 我们正在交火 有人受伤 |
[20:39] | Oh, fuck! | 该死 |
[20:41] | They have mortars and automatic weapons now. | 敌军有迫击炮和自动化武器 |
[20:44] | It’s an ambush! Oh! | 我们中埋伏了 |
[20:52] | Pitsenbarger. | 皮森巴格 |
[20:53] | Where’d he fit in | 在这战斗中 |
[20:55] | all of this? | 负责什么 |
[20:56] | Well, I had lost my medic. | 我们没了医疗兵 |
[20:59] | We had no LC, so… | 也没有后援 |
[21:01] | we called in air force silos. | 于是呼叫了空中救援队 |
[21:03] | Pedro. Pedro. It’s Charlie-6, be advised. | 佩特罗 佩特罗 查理-6连队请求支援 |
[21:06] | We have an tight one down here. | 我们有一场恶战 |
[21:08] | Multiple casualties, | 很多人受伤 |
[21:09] | – we need you soon at contact – one ‘o clock. | -请求你们尽快到场 -一点钟方向 |
[21:12] | Advise when you got us in sight, over. | 发现我们连队的时候说一声 |
[21:18] | Copy, Charlie-6. Pedro has your smoke. | 收到 查理-6 我们看见烟雾了 |
[21:21] | Pits came down, saved lives. | 皮特下来救人 |
[21:23] | Evaced wounded. | 撤离伤员 |
[21:26] | Died fighting alongside men he never even knew. | 和他不曾认识的人一起拼死战斗 |
[21:30] | Get down, airman! | 飞行员 放低身体 |
[21:31] | – Get down! – Okay. | -放低身体 -好的 |
[21:34] | Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Slow it down! | 慢点 |
[21:36] | Nothing but your man into the basket. | 最紧要的是把他抬进担架 |
[21:39] | Okay, now. | 来吧 |
[21:41] | You. | 你过来 |
[21:43] | Get hold these. | 抓住这个 |
[21:47] | Nice and easy, now! | 小心移动 |
[21:49] | Two. Three. | 一 二 三 |
[21:53] | Alright, hang tight, buddy. | 抓紧了兄弟 |
[21:55] | I’m gonna need you to do something for me, alright? | 我要你做一些事 好吗 |
[21:57] | Keep the pressure on it, alright? | 紧紧压着伤口 好吗 |
[22:00] | All the way up, you keep that pressure on. You’re going home. | 一路紧压 你要回家了 |
[22:03] | – Lift me! – Alright. | -升我上去 -马上 |
[22:05] | Okay! Take it up! | 带他上去 |
[22:10] | – Alright, hang tight, bud. – Move it! | -老兄抓紧 -动起来 |
[22:13] | – Hold the line! Hold the line! – Come on. | -坚守战线 坚守战线 -加油 |
[22:15] | – What’s the story, Lieutenant? – We’ve got a 100 meter perimeter. | -中尉什么事 -我们的战线长达100米 |
[22:18] | We’re taking fire from everywhere. | 四处都在交火 |
[22:20] | We’ve got two KIA’s and at least eight wounded that I know of. | 据我所知 有两人战死和至少8人受伤 |
[22:24] | Alright, I’m gonna need two of your guys. | 了解 我需要两个帮手 |
[22:26] | It’s your show, airman. | 看你的了 |
[22:29] | Bart! | 巴特 |
[22:31] | Tully says this whole medal thing was your Idea. | 塔利说这个勋章诉求是你的主意 |
[22:34] | Is that true? | 是不是 |
[22:35] | Uh, I made out the paper works, | 我负责文书工作 |
[22:36] | sent it up the air force chain, that’s all. | 然后送到空军处而已 就这么多 |
[22:40] | – But he never got the medal? – Uh-uh. | -可他从没拿到勋章 -没 |
[22:43] | Not to big daddy, no. | 没给这位英雄 |
[22:46] | Why not? | 为什么没有 |
[22:49] | It was war. | 那是战争 |
[22:52] | Pits wasn’t the only one, you know. | 皮特不是唯一一个 |
[22:55] | I must have wrote over | 我肯定写了很多信 |
[22:56] | a dozen letters to parents and girlfriend. | 寄给我父母和女友 |
[23:01] | After that, all you can do is make amends | 战争结束后 你只能补偿 |
[23:05] | and try to forget. | 并试着去遗忘 |
[23:07] | How do you do that? | 你是怎么做的 |
[23:09] | Like I said, | 就像我说的那样 |
[23:11] | it’s bargain the game | 残酷的战争 |
[23:13] | You weren’t– You weren’t back to Vietnam? | 你没有重回越南吗 |
[23:17] | I didn’t understand the world anymore | 我再也看不懂战争了 |
[23:18] | and the world was sure as hell didn’t understand me, | 世界也不理解我 |
[23:20] | so, where the hell else was I gonna go? | 我回去还能做什么 |
[23:24] | After I got healed up, | 我痊愈后 |
[23:26] | this old high school buddy of mine called and invited me for beers. | 我的高中老同学邀请我喝啤酒 |
[23:31] | Now, we sitting at the bar and he shooting shit about girls, | 我们坐在酒吧 他谈论女孩 |
[23:34] | and how we used raise hell back in the day. | 我在回顾那天的战斗 |
[23:39] | More we talk, more I realized | 说的越多 我越感到 |
[23:42] | it was nothing hit, you know. | 那毫无价值 |
[23:46] | Then he blurts out, | 然后他脱口而出 |
[23:47] | “Hey, You got Purple Heart. What happened, you get shot?”. | 你有紫心勋章 发生什么 中过弹吗 |
[23:52] | It gets real quiet. | 全场寂静 |
[23:55] | All these drunk assholes just staring at me. | 那些酒鬼盯着我 |
[24:01] | All that I could hear is | 我听到的全是 |
[24:03] | screams from the jungle that day and | 那天雨林里的尖叫 |
[24:07] | artillery whistling in, | 和火炮呼啸声 |
[24:10] | and I started to get pissed. | 然后我有点厌烦 |
[24:13] | So, uh.. | 于是乎 |
[24:15] | I pulled my shirt up | 我拉起上衣 |
[24:18] | just to shut him up. | 让他们闭嘴 |
[24:20] | He looks kind of awkward and | 他看起来有点尴尬 |
[24:23] | then he started chuckling, saying, | 接着暗笑 说道 |
[24:25] | “What was you doing? Running away?” | 那时你在做什么 逃命吗 |
[24:30] | You know what? Maybe I was. | 你明白吗 可能我确实是 |
[24:33] | Maybe that’s what I’ve been doing all this time. | 我可能确实一直都在逃命 |
[24:37] | I was a refugee in my own Country | 在祖国我是难民的事实 |
[24:39] | and that hurt way more than those bullets. | 造成伤害远胜于这些弹孔 |
[24:44] | Are they still hurt, Grandpa? | 爷爷 伤口还会疼吗 |
[24:48] | Oh, only on the inside, baby boy. | 孩子 是内心的创伤 |
[24:52] | Come on, kids. It’s time to eat. | 孩子们 到饭点了 |
[24:55] | Honey, I think this Gumbo about ready. | 宝贝 我觉得秋葵汤煮好了 |
[24:58] | I’m gonna need you to get on the record. | 我需要你做一下记录 |
[25:01] | That’s about as only record you gonna get. | 这些就是你记录的一切 |
[25:39] | Donna Burr? Hi. | 是唐纳·布尔吗 你好 |
[25:41] | Hey, man, he doesn’t even get up till 8 o’clock. | 他八点前不会起床 |
[25:43] | Oh! Uh..I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[25:46] | Scott Huffman. DOD. | 斯考特﹒霍夫曼 国防部 |
[25:51] | He–He works nights? | 他在晚上工作吗 |
[25:52] | Jimmy’s PTS. | 吉米有创伤后综合症 |
[25:54] | He’s ocd. | 他还有强迫症 |
[25:56] | He suffers hallucinations | 他承受着幻觉 |
[25:57] | and about fifty other war related effects. | 和大概50场战争后遗症带来的痛苦 |
[26:00] | He sleeps during the day | 他在白天睡觉 |
[26:02] | because the night just plain terrifies him. | 因为黑夜把他吓坏了 |
[26:06] | Do you even know any Vietnam vets? | 你有认识哪个越南老兵吗 |
[26:09] | No. It’s, uh, no experience for me. | 没有 从没认识过 |
[26:15] | How did you two meet? | 你们俩是怎么认识的 |
[26:17] | You mean what do I see in a section-8 like Jim? | 你是说我怎么在住房补贴计划遇到吉米吗 |
[26:19] | No. Not at all, ma’am. I’m–I’m just– | 不 不是 女士 我只是 |
[26:22] | I was his nurse. | 我曾是他的护士 |
[26:25] | At the VA. | 在退伍军人事务部的时候 |
[26:28] | You can learn a lot about these guys hanging with them. | 你和他们这种人待在一起更能理解他们 |
[26:30] | What they did, what it cost. | 他们做过什么 代价是什么 |
[26:32] | And every day he finds the courage not to stick a gun in his mouth. | 他每天都要找到不把枪塞到自己嘴里的勇气 |
[26:37] | So, I think he deserves a little compassion. | 所以 我认为他应该得到一些同情 |
[26:40] | And believe me, I get a lot more than I give. | 相信我 我得到的远比我付出的多得多 |
[26:43] | So, If he wants to sleep during the days | 所以 如果他想在白天睡觉 |
[26:46] | that’s okay with me. | 对我来说无所谓 |
[26:49] | So I saw Frank Pitsenbarger. | 我看到弗兰克 皮森巴格 |
[26:53] | He told me you have a contact list. | 他告诉我你有个联系清单 |
[26:55] | For all the charlie company guys that you put together. | 有你收集的所有查理公司的人的联系方式 |
[26:57] | So, that’s what you want? | 所以 这是你想要的吗 |
[26:59] | Well.. | 这个 |
[27:00] | No, I would.. | 是的 我还想 |
[27:02] | Love to talk to your husband, too. | 和你的丈夫谈谈 |
[27:05] | I hope you’re sincere about this, | 我希望你是认真的 |
[27:08] | because Jimmy is tougher than a two dollar steak, | 因为吉米比两美元的牛排还要硬 |
[27:10] | and he can smell | 并且他能闻到 |
[27:12] | a wreck from mile up wind. | 一英里外的风吹来的事故的味道 |
[27:14] | Well, I don’t have a position or an opinion | 好吧 我没有任何立场和意见 |
[27:24] | Here’s your list. | 这是你要的清单 |
[27:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:28] | You want to talk to Jimmy, you gonna have to wait. | 你必须等到晚上才能和吉米谈话 |
[27:30] | – I’m not making any promises. – Thank you. | -我没有做任何保证 -谢谢 |
[27:51] | Sleeping at post get you fragged in my unit. | 工作时睡觉在我的地盘你可能会被炸死 |
[27:54] | You know what I’m saying, sir? | 你知道我在说什么吗 长官 |
[27:59] | People around here, | 在这里的人们 |
[28:00] | thinking I’m a goddamn vampire. Maybe they’re right, too. | 认为我是该死的吸血鬼 也许他们是对的 |
[28:03] | Because I ain’t slept in the dark for 32 years. | 因为我已经32年没在晚上睡觉了 |
[28:07] | You know what I’m saying, sir? | 你知道我在说什么吗 长官 |
[28:10] | You know what that is? | 你知道这是什么吗 |
[28:13] | Yes. | 知道 |
[28:16] | No. No, I–I don’t. | 不 不 我不知道 |
[28:18] | Yeah. | 对 |
[28:19] | Big red one. | 大红一师 |
[28:21] | 1st Infantry Division. | 美国陆军第一师步兵 |
[28:23] | Baddest goddamn GI’s ever laced to boot. | 特种部队里面最牛的 |
[28:26] | Is that loaded? | 这是上膛了的吗 |
[28:29] | Fuck! | 操 |
[28:32] | You know what you call a gun that ain’t loaded? | 你知道没有上膛的枪叫什么吗 |
[28:34] | A fucking stick, sir. | 就他妈的一根棍子 长官 |
[28:37] | You know what, Jimmy? Uh.. | 你知道吗 吉米 |
[28:39] | Can I– | 我可以 |
[28:40] | Can I call you Jimmy? | 我可以叫你吉米吗 |
[28:43] | I’m a civilian, so, | 我只是个平民 所以 |
[28:46] | – you don’t have to call me sir. – The only reason I’m talking | -你不用叫我长官 -唯一让我还在说话 |
[28:49] | and not shooting, is because of Tully. | 而没有开枪的原因就是塔利 |
[28:53] | You say this is all about Pits getting the medal, is that right? | 你说这都是关于皮特获得勋章 是吗 |
[28:56] | Right. Absolutely. | 没错 非常正确 |
[28:58] | Because I don’t give a shit about you. | 我并不关心你是谁 |
[29:00] | I don’t give a shit about anything. | 我不关心任何事情 |
[29:02] | I just want to be left goddamn alone! | 我他妈的就想一个人待着 |
[29:04] | You understand what I’m saying? | 你知道我在说什么吗 |
[29:06] | I may not being fucked over and fucked around. | 我可能没被翻来覆去的操来操去 |
[29:09] | Nobody knows what went down with me over there. | 没有人知道我在那边发生了什么 |
[29:11] | Nobody knows! | 没有人知道 |
[29:14] | You understand what I’m saying, sir? | 你知道我在说什么吗 长官 |
[29:19] | Listen, man, I– | 听着 兄弟 我 |
[29:20] | I didn’t come here to get shot at, | 我来这不是为了让你打我一枪 |
[29:22] | or to rattle your cage. I’m just– | 或是为了惹怒你 我只是 |
[29:26] | I’m just here because Tully said your statement was important, | 我来这仅仅是因为塔利说你的陈述很重要 |
[29:28] | as did Mr. Pitsenbarger. | 和皮森巴格先生的同样重要 |
[29:33] | I was oldest FNG they’d ever seen. | 我曾是他们见过最老的菜鸟 |
[29:37] | Germany. | 德国 |
[29:38] | Guam. | 关岛 |
[29:41] | Goddamn Okinawa. | 该死的冲绳 |
[29:44] | Ten years and I’ve never squeezed off one round. | 十年来我从没有开枪打死过一个人 |
[29:49] | You understand what I’m saying, sir? | 你知道我在说什么吗 长官 |
[29:51] | FNG? What–What is that? | FNG 是什么意思 |
[29:53] | Fucking new guy. | 操蛋的新兵 |
[29:56] | No more than tits on a snake. | 就像队伍里混进了碍手碍脚的女人 |
[29:58] | FNG’s got people killed. | 这些菜鸟经常害得别人白死 |
[30:01] | All damn years of waiting, | 这么多年的等待 |
[30:04] | come Easter ’66, I’m in goddamn Vietnam. | 1966年复活节 我在该死的越南 |
[30:08] | I mean, I didn’t sign up for the shit. | 我的意思是 我没有报名参加这破事 |
[30:11] | 33 years old, | 33岁 |
[30:12] | I was a gun whore and ready to kill something. | 我对枪支十分着迷并准备好射杀一些东西 |
[30:15] | Hey, Ray. | 嘿 雷 |
[30:16] | You sure, right? | 你确定 是吗 |
[30:18] | 32 days and I’ll be swimming in Schlitz | 32天后我将在啤酒里游泳 |
[30:20] | unless you get me killed. | 除非你害我被杀 |
[30:23] | How long it take you to grease your first dink? | 你给你第一把枪擦润滑油用了多久 |
[30:25] | – You know what I’m saying? – Get off my back. | -你懂我意思吗 -离我远点 |
[30:27] | What’s your problem, man? | 你有什么问题吗 兄弟 |
[30:29] | You two trying to get each other killed? Hm? | 你们两个想死吗 |
[30:32] | Mick, get the hell away from here. | 米可 离这他妈的远点 |
[30:35] | Hey, you know better, right? | 嘿 你比较懂 是吗 |
[30:37] | Keep the eyes open, will ‘ya? | 给我盯紧点 知道吗 |
[30:59] | Down! Down, down, down! | 趴下 趴下 趴下 趴下 |
[31:01] | Incoming! | 来了 |
[31:05] | Get down! Get down! | 下来 下来 |
[31:07] | How many? | 有多少人 |
[31:12] | – Where are they? – I got ’em. | -他们在哪 -我找到他们了 |
[31:16] | – What do we got? – Gooks. Three of ’em. | -现在什么情况 -古斯 有三个人 |
[31:18] | I–I–I got a one. | 我打到了一个 |
[31:20] | I got one. | 我打到一个 |
[31:31] | Holy shit. | 我滴亲娘啊 |
[31:35] | – Nice shot. – Charlie-6, Charlie-3. | -射得真准 -查理6 查理3 |
[31:38] | Here, sir. | 在这 长官 |
[31:41] | – Charlie-6. – Lieutenant, what the hell is going on up there? | -查理6号 -中尉 你那边到底发生了什么 |
[31:44] | FNG bust his first kill, is all. | 新兵蛋子完成了他的首次击杀 仅此而已 |
[31:46] | Copy that. Anything else? | 收到 还有其他的吗 |
[31:48] | Negative. | 没有了 |
[31:49] | Roger that. Charlie-3 out. | 收到 查理3号退出 |
[31:54] | Kiev, check his fantail, | 凯文 检查他的屁股 |
[31:56] | then shove a couple of grenades up under. | 然后扔几枚手榴弹在上面 |
[31:59] | If anybody comes for him, we want to know. | 如果有人过来 我们会想知道的 |
[32:07] | FNG | 新兵蛋子 |
[32:09] | Welcome to Nam, Jimmy. | 欢迎来到越南 吉米 |
[32:11] | Come on. I got ‘ya. | 没事的 我扶着你 |
[32:16] | I had never seen nobody died before. | 我在这之前从没见过人死 |
[32:19] | That little matter sucked all the past right out of me. | 这件小事颠覆了我过去所知道的一切 |
[32:23] | You understand what I’m saying, sir? | 你明白我在说什么吗 长官 |
[32:26] | I felt real bad about that | 对这事是感到很糟糕 |
[32:28] | for exactly twelve hours. | 持续了整整12个小时 |
[32:32] | And then I didn’t feel bad about nothing. | 接着我不为任何事情感到难过 |
[32:47] | I thought this was going to the bottom of the pile. | 我以为这件事情会跌入谷底 |
[32:50] | We are the bottom of the pile. | 我们就在谷底 |
[32:52] | Some guy named Raymont called | 一个叫雷蒙特的人打电话来 |
[32:53] | said he was confirming. | 说他正在确认 |
[32:54] | Today’s adventures in post traumatic exorcism. | 今日份的战后康复大冒险 |
[32:58] | Hopefully he won’t have a gun. | 希望他没有带着枪 |
[33:00] | Sit down and walk me through the requirements | 坐下来陪我一起完成所有 |
[33:01] | for a congressional decorations package. | 国会要求的花里胡哨的需求 |
[33:04] | – New eye witness statements. – Okay, we’re doing that. | -新目击者的陈词 -好的 我们来弄这个 |
[33:06] | DOD report of casualty. | 国防部伤亡报告 |
[33:08] | Well, he’s definitely dead, so that’s two. | 他肯定死得透透的了 所以应是死了两个 |
[33:10] | And chain of command endorsements. | 指挥部的支持者 |
[33:12] | Bingo! Where are they? | 对咯 他们在哪 |
[33:14] | Because | 因为 |
[33:15] | some guy named Kepper | 这个叫凯鹏的人 |
[33:18] | wrote the after action report and pass it up. | 写了份行动后报告并上报了 |
[33:20] | It’d have to had been approved from Bien Hoa.. | 这必须被边和市批准才行 |
[33:23] | Saigon to here at the Pentagon. | 从西贡到五角大楼这里 |
[33:25] | Well, that’d have been protocol. | 好的 本来就有这协议 |
[33:27] | Right. So where is it? | 没错 所以在哪呢 |
[33:29] | Unlocked and get lost in 32 years. I mean.. | 被封存并且遗失了32年 我是说 |
[33:31] | This is the Government we’re talking about. | 这就是我们正在讨论的政府 |
[33:33] | Well, if I can’t find the chain of command endorsements, | 这么说吧 如果我找不到指挥部的支持者 |
[33:35] | this thing is DOA. | 这事儿就玩完了 |
[33:37] | I’m out of it. | 我就解脱了 |
[33:39] | Why not ask Kepper? | 为什么不问问凯鹏呢 |
[33:40] | Because he is living in the Nha Trang | 因为他住在芽庄市 |
[33:42] | which is in Vietnam and that’s 11 time zones away. | 远在11个时区之外的越南 |
[33:45] | There is this new invention called the telephone. | 我们有一种叫做电话的新发明 |
[33:48] | Look, apparently, this guy is some christian burn-out, | 听着 很明显这家伙是基督教狂热信徒 |
[33:51] | smoking ganja under the Bhodhi Tree. | 在菩提树下吸着大麻 |
[33:53] | I’m not..going there. | 我才不要去那里 |
[33:55] | – Is that the budget sheet? – Yeah. | -这是预算表吗 -是的 |
[33:59] | Alright, I’ll call you from the room. | 好了 我回家以后打电话给你 |
[34:06] | I come out here, | 我完事了 |
[34:07] | knock out a box or two, | 射一两个盒子 |
[34:08] | check my targets, pick up my brass. | 检视我的目标 捡起我的子弹 |
[34:11] | Keeps me civil with the kids, you know. | 让我能文明的和孩子们沟通 你知道的 |
[34:19] | I hear you went to see Jimmy Burr. | 我听说你去见吉米 布尔了 |
[34:21] | Yeah. Ahem. | 是的 |
[34:22] | He kills things to release stress. | 他杀一些东西来释放压力 |
[34:24] | Flower of box, 75 meters. | 带花的那个盒子 75米远 |
[34:29] | Yeah, he’s got a bullet in his head still. | 是啊 他脑子里依然有颗子弹 |
[34:31] | It didn’t kill him | 这没有杀死他 |
[34:32] | so they slammed him into the VA. | 所以他们把他送到退伍军人事务部 |
[34:33] | Doped him up for about 20 years. | 让他吃了将近20年的药 |
[34:35] | Can’t imagine why. | 想象不出为什么 |
[34:46] | It’s a hell of a thing, you know. | 这很复杂 你知道的 |
[34:48] | Have somebody die so you can | 把某个人弄死好让你能 |
[34:50] | pop Melons and | 吃着甜瓜 |
[34:52] | shoot rabbits by the light of the moon. | 在月光下猎杀兔子 |
[34:55] | Weapons clear, Gene. | 枪收拾好了 基恩 |
[34:58] | Weapons clear. | 枪收拾好了 |
[35:04] | Your reputation precede you. | 你名声在外 |
[35:06] | Jimmy isn’t a fan. | 吉米可不是我的粉丝 |
[35:07] | Yeah, Tully either. | 是啊 塔利也不是 |
[35:09] | Well, if you guys want | 这么说吧 如果你们想 |
[35:11] | this guy to get the medal | 让这家伙获得勋章 |
[35:12] | I gotta get statements. | 我得有份报告 |
[35:14] | – Testimony. – It was one day, | -一份证据 -那一天 |
[35:16] | decades ago. | 好几十年前 |
[35:18] | Pitsenbarg came into that shit storm | 皮森巴格从天而降 |
[35:19] | on purpose. I mean, how do you account for that? | 他是有意的 我是说 他的动机是什么呢 |
[35:22] | Duty. Commitment. | 职责 承诺 |
[35:23] | Mission. | 任务 |
[35:24] | Pick one. | 选一个 |
[35:27] | I kept telling him to get out. | 我一直告诉他赶紧离开 |
[35:30] | But he wouldn’t go. | 但他就是不走 |
[35:32] | Even his CO ordered him to back up. | 尽管他的长官命令他当后援 |
[35:34] | That bird was getting ripped up, | 那架飞机就快被击落了 |
[35:37] | but he waved them off. | 但是皮森巴格让他们先走 |
[35:40] | Probably saved them, too. | 可能也救了他们一命 |
[35:42] | Hell, he was Air Force. | 妈的 他可是空军 |
[35:43] | He shouldn’t even have been there. | 他甚至不应该出现在那里 |
[35:45] | – Non of us should. – How so? | -我们都不应该 -为什么 |
[35:48] | We were already been out two weeks on patrol, but once we | 我们已经出去巡逻两周了 可是一次我们 |
[35:52] | tangled with those NVA forces, naturally, | 和那些越共武装发生遭遇战 |
[35:55] | we got the duty. | 我们就担起了责任 |
[35:57] | Duty? | 什么责任 |
[35:58] | Bait. Brother. | 诱饵 老弟 |
[36:00] | Live bait. | 活生生的诱饵 |
[36:06] | Everybody down! | 卧倒 |
[36:09] | They put us there and they contact | 他们把我们放在那儿 然后他们联络 |
[36:11] | Alpha or Bravo would flank and | A队B队到侧翼包抄然后 |
[36:15] | we’d grind ’em into pulp. | 我们一起把他们碾成浆糊 |
[36:16] | Take ’em out of whatever the cost. | 不惜一切代价干掉他们 |
[36:18] | Search and destroy. Notches on your pistol, baby. | 搜寻并摧毁 在枪上划道计数 孩子 |
[36:21] | Kill ratio, body counts.. | 伤亡比例 尸体数量 |
[36:24] | It was total bullshit. | 都是狗屁 |
[36:26] | Wes Marlon, McNamara, Johnson. | 韦斯马龙 麦克纳马拉 约翰逊 |
[36:29] | That’s how they kept the money flowing. | 那是他们保持军费流动的方式 |
[36:31] | Kicking anthill, use ’em mess with gooks, | 踢倒蚁巢 利用它们扰乱敌军 |
[36:34] | next day the NVA would be right back again. | 第二天越共会再回来 |
[36:56] | – What’s happening? – Well, the gooks, sir! | -发生了什么 -敌军 长官 |
[36:57] | – Where? – Over there, sir! | -在哪 -那边 长官 |
[37:00] | This place is crawling with them! | 这地方布满了他们的人 |
[37:05] | Move! Move! | 上 上 |
[37:06] | – They’re on the trees! – They’re on the trees! | -树上有人 -树上有人 |
[37:08] | They’re on the trees! | 树上有人 |
[37:13] | Fuck! | 操 |
[37:15] | Cover me! | 掩护我 |
[37:21] | We didn’t have a fucking chance. | 我们没有一丝机会 |
[37:36] | Ah, you’re dogging it. | 你一直在跟进这事 |
[37:38] | Just so you know, | 所以你知道 |
[37:38] | I can’t find the chain of command endorsements | 我在皮森巴格文件里 |
[37:40] | in the Pitsenbarger file. | 找不到指挥系统的记录 |
[37:41] | So, put it in your report. | 所以 把它放到你的报告里 |
[37:43] | I am missing something. | 我忽略了什么 |
[37:45] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[37:47] | What? | 什么 |
[37:47] | This thing was ancient history before you were born. | 这东西在你出生前就已经是历史了 |
[37:51] | Let me tell you something. | 我来告诉你吧 |
[37:52] | It is an undisputed fact at the Pentagon | 在五角大楼有一个无可争议的事实 |
[37:55] | that all the real hardware goes with the officers. | 就是所有真正的装备都是给军官配备的 |
[37:57] | There’s been one enlisted Medal Of Honor in in the history of the Air Force. | 在空军史上有一枚载入史册的荣誉勋章 |
[38:02] | So, somebody makes endorsements disappear | 所以 有人让记录消失 |
[38:03] | because a guy is enlisted? | 就是因为一个家伙被载入史册了吗 |
[38:05] | It’s not a canon worm you want to open. | 那不是你想知道的 |
[38:08] | Why not? | 为什么不是 |
[38:09] | Because confronting the Air Force Decorations Board | 因为对抗空军勋章委员会 |
[38:12] | is not in your business. | 与你无关 |
[38:13] | Shoot. | 该死 |
[38:15] | – I’m getting a shower. – Yeah. | -我满身大汗 -是啊 |
[38:17] | Let me count. | 我来结账 |
[38:27] | Hey, there, hotshot. | 喂 大红人 |
[38:28] | I thought you’d go off the planet. | 我还以为你要上天呢 |
[38:30] | I’m pacing myself. It’s the long way down. | 我有些困惑 这说来话长 |
[38:33] | What can I do for you? | 我能帮你做什么 |
[38:35] | You ever hear of a General John A. Hackmyer? | 你听过一个叫约翰的将军吧 哈克麦尔 |
[38:39] | He was one of the Army | 他曾是部队的 |
[38:40] | silver backs, down in Saigon, during the war. | 战争期间在西贡的一个人渣老头 |
[38:43] | He was also the Service Secretary | 他也是服务秘书 |
[38:45] | that approved the Medal of Honor review division. | 负责荣誉勋章评审 |
[38:48] | Can you get track him down? | 你能找到他吗 |
[38:50] | I mean, he is preferably fertilizer by now, | 我是说 他现在可是块香饽饽 |
[38:52] | besides, you’re the one with the DOD security clearance. | 另外 你可是有国防部安全许可的人 |
[38:56] | Maybe we don’t want the DOD to know. | 或许我们不想让国防部知道 |
[39:00] | Can you hold on a second? | 稍等一下 |
[39:09] | We don’t? | 为什么不想 |
[39:10] | Chain of command endorsements | 指挥系统的记录 |
[39:12] | aren’t essential element for congressional review. | 不是议会核查的关键因素 |
[39:16] | And they’re not in the file. | 而且它们没在文件里 |
[39:18] | What are you asking me? | 你想问我什么 |
[39:20] | I’m asking you if it’s possible | 我想问你我们要找的东西 |
[39:22] | that what we’re looking for is really lost. | 是不是有可能真的消失了 |
[39:25] | What are you doing? | 你这是在干什么 |
[39:28] | I’m doing my job. | 我在做我本职工作 |
[39:29] | What do you– What do you mean, what I’m doing? | 你什么 你什么意思 我在干什么 |
[39:31] | It’s a rare quality these days. | 这年头你这样的还真不多见 |
[39:34] | What, did you grow a conscience? | 怎么 你在培养良知吗 |
[39:36] | Not at all. | 并没有 |
[39:38] | It’s a waste of energy. | 是在浪费精力 |
[39:41] | Well, I sniff around. | 好吧 我打探打探 |
[39:44] | Okay. | 行 |
[40:04] | – Daddy! – How are you doing, Mister? | -爸爸 -你好啊 先生 |
[40:08] | We have company. | 有朋友来了 |
[40:12] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[40:14] | Long drive from Wellington on a school bus. | 从惠灵顿开着校车一路颠簸到这 |
[40:17] | I don’t have a car. | 我没有私家车 |
[40:18] | They let me take her home. | 他们让我把她带回家 |
[40:23] | Who wants to go to the Fort? | 有谁想去堡垒吗 |
[40:24] | – Me! – Okay. | -我 -好的 |
[40:27] | Thanks for your coffee. | 谢谢给我的咖啡 |
[40:28] | Pleasure. | 我的荣幸 |
[40:34] | It mess with my head, man… | 我思绪很乱 兄弟 |
[40:37] | The way you came to see me. | 你来见我的方式 |
[40:41] | Started having dreams again. | 又让我开始做那些梦了 |
[40:45] | Can’t sleep. | 失眠 |
[40:48] | Probably normal. | 这也许正常 |
[40:49] | Considering… | 胡思乱想 |
[40:55] | Sit down. | 请坐 |
[41:00] | I, uh, | 我 |
[41:04] | When I got out of the Army Hospital in Saigon, | 当我在西贡的军医院出院的时候 |
[41:07] | I wanted to wear my dress uniform for my mother, even though I knew.. | 我想为我母亲穿上我的正装 即使我知道 |
[41:11] | Even though they carried me off the plane. She was.. | 即使他们把我搬下飞机 她 |
[41:14] | She was crying when she saw me, | 她看到我的时候她哭了 |
[41:17] | I had ribbons and my Purple Heart. | 我戴着绶带和紫心勋章 |
[41:21] | They took me strait to the VA. | 他们把我直接带去了退伍军人事务部 |
[41:23] | And I was in there months before I got home, | 在那待了几个月之后回到家 |
[41:25] | and I never saw that uniform again. | 之后我再也没见过那件正装 |
[41:29] | She packed everything up from the war on my duffel. | 她把战场的东西都收拾好装进我的行囊 |
[41:33] | Like it never happened, you know. | 就像一切没发生过一样 你知道 |
[41:34] | And I guess I didn’t care, ’cause.. | 而且我想我并不在乎 因为 |
[41:37] | They sitting at her attic ever since. | 从那以后它们就一直被放在她阁楼上 |
[41:41] | My daughter is a | 我女儿是一个 |
[41:43] | shrink. | 心理医生 |
[41:47] | She told maybe | 她告诉我或许 |
[41:49] | it would be good | 打开它 |
[41:52] | for me to unpack it. | 对我有好处 |
[41:56] | Everything was still there, | 所有东西都还放在那 |
[42:00] | smell of the war still on the cloths. | 战场的气味还留在衣物上 |
[42:05] | And, uh.. | 还有 |
[42:23] | Pits gave that to me. | 皮特给我的 |
[42:25] | He asked me to take care of it. | 他让我保管好 |
[42:28] | He asked me to bring it to her. | 他让我把它带给她 |
[42:34] | That guy saved my life and it was | 那哥们救了我的命而且这是 |
[42:35] | it was the only thing he has to him. | 这是他唯一的遗物 |
[42:37] | I wouldn’t do it. | 我不会那样做的 |
[42:42] | I couldn’t do it. | 我也不能做 |
[42:56] | You know what that mean. | 你知道什么意思 |
[43:11] | 1954, | 1954年 |
[43:13] | snowed all night. Oh-ho, that was a beautiful Christmas. | 雪下了一夜 那是一个美丽的圣诞 |
[43:16] | I got Bill his flexible flyer. | 我找到了比尔的雪橇 |
[43:20] | It still out there in the garage. | 它现在还在外面的车库里放着 |
[43:22] | You were close? | 你们关系很好吗 |
[43:24] | Sure. But, uh.. | 当然 但是 |
[43:26] | I was on the road | 我当时在路上 |
[43:28] | in those days | 那些天 |
[43:29] | I missed so much. | 我错过了很多 |
[43:33] | Yeah. | 好了 |
[43:40] | You close to your dad? | 你跟你爸关系好吗 |
[43:42] | Actually, I’d never met him. | 实际上 我从没见过他 |
[43:48] | Why–Why did you let him go? | 为什么 为什么你让他去 |
[43:51] | Why didn’t you stop him? | 为什么你没拦着他 |
[43:54] | You can’t | 你不能 |
[43:55] | teach your children values | 言传给你的孩子价值观 |
[43:58] | and then just withdrawn because | 然后守护他们只是因为 |
[44:01] | you are afraid of what you might lose. | 你害怕你会失去 |
[44:04] | It just seem like such a high price to pay. | 这似乎代价很高 |
[44:08] | If not my son | 如果我儿子不去 |
[44:10] | then whose? | 那是谁的儿子去 |
[44:12] | My neighbours’? | 我邻居的吗 |
[44:14] | My sisters’? | 我姐妹的吗 |
[44:17] | Yours? | 你的吗 |
[44:19] | Bill, | 比尔 |
[44:21] | he honored by all of us by serving, | 他以为人民服务为荣 |
[44:24] | and it’s no small thing. | 而且这不是小事 |
[44:29] | No disrespect. | 无意冒犯 |
[44:31] | Non taken. | 没关系 |
[44:34] | In 1965, | 1965年 |
[44:36] | the first ground troops | 第一地面部队 |
[44:38] | landed at Da Nang | 登陆岘港 |
[44:40] | I had the thing on TV all the time. | 我一直在电视上看新闻 |
[44:42] | A couple of weeks later, | 几周后 |
[44:44] | the US Embassy was bombed. | 美国大使馆遭到轰炸 |
[44:47] | Americans his age | 和他同龄的美国人 |
[44:50] | stared dying, | 眼看就要死了 |
[44:51] | boys from our own town. | 从我们镇上出去的男孩都是 |
[44:54] | I–I think it moved him. | 我 我想这触动了他 |
[44:56] | He came to me one night. | 有天晚上他来找我 |
[44:57] | I knew what he was thinking. | 我知道他在想什么 |
[44:59] | God, he was sent jolt rides for me. | 天啊 他为我历经坎坷 |
[45:03] | But he went easy on me. | 但他对我很心软 |
[45:05] | He never asked | 他从不寻求 |
[45:07] | for permission. | 许可 |
[45:09] | I think he knew what it would mean later | 我想他知道如果命运降临在他身上 |
[45:13] | if something happened to him. | 那将意味着什么 |
[45:23] | And By the time I woke up | 然后当我醒来的时候 |
[45:25] | he’d already gone. | 他已经走了 |
[45:29] | The next time I saw him, | 我下次再看到他的时候 |
[45:33] | he had a haircut and orders. | 他已经剪了头发而且应征了 |
[45:37] | I was never so frightened and I was never so proud. | 我从未如此害怕而且从未如此骄傲 |
[45:42] | I can’t help it but | 我忍不住但 |
[45:44] | I still miss | 我仍想念 |
[45:47] | of watching him mow the lawn out there. | 看着他在外面修剪草坪的时光 |
[45:50] | The smell of fresh cut grass on his sneakers. | 在他运动鞋上的鲜草气味 |
[45:55] | And how he folded his clothes | 还有他叠衣服的方式 |
[45:58] | even when they were dirty, | 即使它们脏了 |
[46:00] | cause he knew it pleased his mom. | 因为他知道这能让他妈妈开心 |
[46:03] | And I miss the way | 我也想念 |
[46:05] | he tapped his cleats for luck | 在他去睡觉之前 |
[46:08] | when he went out to bed. | 他为保险而加固鞋钉的画面 |
[46:10] | And the way he always found me | 还有他经常找我 |
[46:15] | but he crossed home plate | 但是他离开了 |
[46:16] | There is thousand things like that. | 有无数那样的事 |
[46:21] | But mostly, | 但最多的 |
[46:22] | I miss what I didn’t get to see him do. | 是我想念我没能看到他做的事 |
[46:26] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[46:27] | Well, I never got to see him | 我没能看到他 |
[46:29] | marry | 结婚 |
[46:31] | or fall in love with a child of his own. | 或者和他的孩子相亲相爱 |
[46:35] | Because only then | 因为只有那样 |
[46:39] | could he understand how much | 他才能理解 |
[46:40] | his father loved him. | 他父亲有多爱他 |
[46:48] | I–I have a son. | 我 我有儿子 |
[46:50] | Then you know what we’re talking about. | 那你就知道我们在说什么 |
[46:56] | Who is, uh, | 谁是 |
[46:57] | Jenny? | 珍妮 |
[46:58] | Jenny… Reiner. So beautiful. | 珍妮 莱纳 她很漂亮 |
[47:03] | She came to live with us when Bill was overseas. | 比尔在国外的时候她就搬来和我们一起住 |
[47:06] | You see, Mr. Huffman.. | 你看 霍夫曼先生 |
[47:10] | We actually lost | 我们确实弄丢了 |
[47:13] | two children that day. | 那一天我们弄丢了两个孩子 |
[47:15] | Here are her letters. | 她的信都在这了 |
[47:17] | She gave them to us when she got married. | 她结婚的时候把信都给我们了 |
[47:20] | But we could never bring ourselves to read ’em. | 但是我们一直都不敢去读 |
[47:24] | Mr.Pitsenbarger. | 皮森巴格先生 |
[47:26] | I–I want to be clear. | 我 我想说清楚 |
[47:30] | This process doesn’t take months. | 几个月的时间也说不清楚 |
[47:33] | It would takes years. | 得花上几年时间 |
[47:36] | Scott, I have a cancer. | 斯科特 我得癌症了 |
[47:38] | I should’ve been gone already, | 我早应该不在人世了 |
[47:40] | if you’d believe the doctors. | 假如你相信医生的话 |
[47:42] | But he’s a fighter. My man. | 但他是个斗士 伙计 |
[47:46] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[47:47] | Dying isn’t harder than losing a child, I promise you. | 死亡不比失去孩子痛苦多少 我保证 |
[47:51] | Do what you can, sir. | 做你能做的事吧 先生 |
[47:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[48:15] | He sleeps so soundly. | 他睡得真沉 |
[48:18] | He has no worries. | 他没有忧愁的事 |
[48:22] | Pitsenbarger. | 皮森巴格 |
[48:24] | He had everything. | 他拥有了一切 |
[48:26] | People really care about the guy, | 民众真的喜欢这个人 |
[48:30] | and really loved him. | 爱戴这个人 |
[48:36] | How could he give all that up? | 他怎么可能放弃一切呢 |
[48:39] | He knew what he was leaving behind and still he… | 他是知道自己在放弃什么的 他仍然 |
[48:44] | ..had such certainty. | 如此坚定不移 |
[48:47] | Of what? | 坚定不移什么 |
[48:49] | That | 就是 |
[48:52] | no bullet was gonna | 不管什么枪抵在额上都不能 |
[48:55] | stop him from being who he was. | 阻止他成为他自己 |
[49:00] | I never felt that certain about anything in my entire life. | 我一生中从未对任何事有那样的坚定不移 |
[49:13] | I have. | 我有过 |
[50:04] | Look, we don’t play boss, alright? | 听着 我们不逞英雄 好吗 |
[50:05] | No matter what, don’t move, don’t breath. | 不管发生什么事 别动 别大喘气 |
[50:08] | Come on. Come on. Hurry up. | 来吧 来吧 快点 |
[50:13] | We have contact all around us! | 我们和外界已经联系上了 |
[50:14] | BC got the whole goddamn battalion out of bed for this one. | 指挥部让一整个营的人早起就为了这个 |
[50:17] | We gonna tight knot this circle, right now. | 我们现在得守住包围圈了 |
[50:19] | Takoda still out there, sir. | 特科达还在外面 长官 |
[50:20] | – Let’s find out! – Willie and Burr, too. | -我们去找他 -威利和布尔也在外面 |
[50:25] | Nobody gets left outside the perimeter. | 没有人会被留在外围 |
[51:05] | Hello? | 你好 |
[51:18] | Whatever it is you want, | 无论你想要的是什么 |
[51:21] | it’s okay. | 都没关系 |
[51:40] | Is anybody alive? | 还有人活着吗 |
[51:42] | Yeah. | 有 |
[51:57] | I can’t breath. | 我喘不了气了 |
[51:58] | Well, they messed you up good, Lieutenant. | 嗯 你伤得很重 中尉 |
[52:01] | Get me out of here, will you? | 你会带我离开这里的 是吗 |
[52:02] | I need your help with your Lieutenant, okay? | 我需要你帮我去救中尉 好吗 |
[52:05] | – You with me? – You gotta help Willie. | -你和我一起好吗 -你得救救威利 |
[52:08] | We can’t leave him. | 我们不能离开他 |
[52:09] | Willie’s gone, friend, alright? | 威利已经去了 朋友 明白吗 |
[52:10] | Pal, are you with me? Look at me. | 伙计 你在听吗 看着我的眼睛 |
[52:12] | – You with me? – Yeah. | -你和我一起去 -好的 |
[52:13] | Alright. Come on. | 好 来吧 |
[52:15] | Up you get. Come on, grab a shoulder. | 起来吧 来吧 抓住他的肩膀 |
[52:17] | One. Two. Three. | 一 二 三 |
[52:21] | Let’s go! Let’s go. | 快走 快走 |
[52:34] | This way! | 这边 |
[52:39] | It’s Takoda. For Christ sake, don’t shoot. | 是我 特科达 上帝啊 别开枪 |
[52:42] | Going down over there. | 去那边 |
[52:43] | Over there. That’s it. Easy, easy, easy. | 那边 就在这 轻点 轻点 |
[52:46] | Move! Move! | 动起来 动起来 |
[52:48] | Snap it and pack it, alright? | 把它折起来然后帮我包扎 好吗 |
[52:54] | And not too tight, alright? Just.. | 别太紧 好吗 就 |
[52:55] | – Venous pressure. – Alright. | -压住静脉 -明白 |
[52:58] | Okay, that’s it. | 好 就是这样 |
[53:00] | That’s it. | 就是这样 |
[53:02] | Okay. | 好了 |
[53:08] | Hey, you’re doing great. | 你做的很棒 |
[53:10] | You’re doing just great. | 你真的做的很棒 |
[53:15] | Alright, okay. | 好了 好了 |
[53:17] | One. Two. Three. | 一 二 三 |
[53:21] | I need you to hold back, alright? Don’t let that move. | 你得忍住 好吗 别让伤口处乱动 |
[53:24] | Okay? | 能做到吗 |
[53:26] | Why are you here? | 你为什么在这儿 |
[53:28] | Because you’re here. | 因为你在这儿 |
[53:42] | Did he.. | 他 |
[53:44] | Say anything? | 说过什么吗 |
[53:48] | He never says anything. | 他什么都不说 |
[55:04] | – Somebody somewhere likes you. – Hey, Carl. | -有人看上你了哦 -卡尔 |
[55:07] | The FBI is doing due diligence, | FBI正在竭力调研 |
[55:09] | you’re on the short list for Assistant Secretary for Legislative Affairs. | 你在立法助理秘书的候选名单上 |
[55:14] | What did you tell ’em? | 你告诉他们什么了 |
[55:16] | That you’re lying womanizing pimp and you cheated hoops. | 你在玩弄女性 拉皮条 还骗过警方 |
[55:19] | They assured me those all are occupational requirements. | 他们向我保证这些都是职业要求 |
[55:24] | And what about the MOH? | 那荣誉勋章的事呢 |
[55:27] | MOH? I already assigned it. | 荣誉勋章吗 我已经分配下去了 |
[55:28] | I mean, I probably should have done it in the first place. | 我意思 我或许应该首先把它完成了 |
[55:30] | Somebody is bound to pick you up. | 一定会有人来接你班的 |
[55:35] | I see Senator Holt’s | 我在你的报告里看到参议员霍尔特 |
[55:37] | paddling in election in your memoir. | 正在角逐竞选 |
[55:39] | Yeah, should read it. You might learn something. | 是 你应当读读 或许可以学点东西 |
[55:41] | You write any of it? | 你写过点东西吗 |
[55:42] | Every other word. | 我的每一个字 |
[55:44] | That’s good, Carl. | 那很棒 卡尔 |
[55:46] | Firs time you told the truth in four years. | 四年来你第一次说了真话 |
[55:48] | What’s the matter with you? | 你怎么了 |
[55:50] | You don’t want the best civilian job in the Pentagon? | 你不想要五角大楼最好的文职吗 |
[55:53] | I mean, This– This makes you. | 我的意思是 这 这会成就你 |
[55:55] | Just easy moves from here on out. | 这是一个大跳板 |
[55:58] | Not to mention, getting you back to Appropriations. | 更不用说 回到拨款委员会 |
[56:00] | I need to finish this report. | 我得完成这份报告 |
[56:03] | Are you Kidd— Look at me. | 你在开玩笑吗 看着我的眼睛 |
[56:06] | You’re predator, man. You’re goddamn meat-eater. | 你是个掠食者 兄弟 你不是吃素的 |
[56:09] | That single instinct has taken you very far | 简简单单的直觉就让你走了很远 |
[56:13] | in a very short time. | 在一段很短的时间内 |
[56:14] | So, don’t get sentimental on me now. | 所以 现在不要在我面前多愁善感 |
[56:16] | So you’re gonna… | 所以你会 |
[56:17] | – patch the review? – Yeah, absolutely. | -修改你的评论吗 -对 当然 |
[56:20] | I’ll send an intern down to pick it all up. | 我会派个实习生去接替的 |
[56:25] | – Congratulations, man. | -恭喜 兄弟 |
[56:34] | I think I’d be better at this second time around. | 一回生 二回熟 |
[56:38] | Well, you could read the instructions. | 好吧 你该读读说明书 |
[56:42] | That would be cheating. | 那都是骗人的 |
[56:46] | Stanton was looking for you. | 斯坦顿正在找你 |
[56:47] | Well, he found me. | 好吧 他找到我了 |
[56:50] | I’m on that short list for Assistant Secretary For Legislative Affairs. | 我在立法助理秘书的候选名单上 |
[56:55] | What about David Croft? | 大卫 克罗夫特呢 |
[56:57] | Croft’s out. | 他被剔除出名单了 |
[57:00] | Oh, that’s great, then. | 那不错 那么 |
[57:01] | It’s a career maker. | 这是个大展宏图的机会 |
[57:03] | You are in view of the river. | 占据了天时地利人和 |
[57:06] | Well, since they threw in their view. | 好吧 既然他们提出了自己的看法 |
[57:07] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[57:08] | I mean, what’s wrong with that? | 我意思是 有什么不对吗 |
[57:12] | What about the MOH? | 荣誉勋章的事怎么办呢 |
[57:14] | Uh..Pitsenbargers are in town. | 皮森巴格一家在镇上 |
[57:17] | Frank’s having some tests at the BA. | 弗兰克正在做封闭抗体测验 |
[57:20] | What’s wrong with him? | 他怎么了 |
[57:22] | Ewing’s sarcoma. | 尤因肉瘤 |
[57:25] | God. | 天啊 |
[57:27] | They’re gonna be here for thanks giving. | 他们要来这过感恩节 |
[57:30] | Maybe they will see our situation | 或许他们会来看看我们怎么样 |
[57:32] | and meet Luke and you. | 见见卢克和你 |
[57:33] | You’re not using us as your excuse. | 你不能把我们当做借口 |
[57:35] | Our life is not excuse | 我们的生活不应是借口 |
[57:37] | Tara, it’s a fact. | 塔拉 它真实存在着 |
[57:40] | Besides, Stanton said he’s gonna have | 此外 斯坦顿说他将会 |
[57:41] | someone pick it up right where I leave off. | 找人接替我没干完的活 |
[57:46] | Okay. | 好的 |
[57:52] | We were Michigan fans long before | 我们在搬到俄亥俄州之前 |
[57:54] | we were moved to Buckeye county. | 就是密歇根队的粉丝了 |
[57:56] | It’s more than a football game when the Wolverines come to Columbus. | 狼獾队来到哥伦布时不仅仅是一场足球赛 |
[57:59] | You still go to the game? | 你们还去看球吗 |
[58:00] | – Oh, god, no. Not– – 1965. | -天 不 不了 -1965 |
[58:06] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[58:08] | Talking about Bill is one of the greatest joys of our life. | 讲讲比尔的故事是我们生活中最大的乐趣 |
[58:11] | Keeping him alive | 仿佛他还活着一样 |
[58:13] | keeps us strong. | 也能让我们坚强一点 |
[58:14] | It’s how we balance our grief | 我们借此平复悲伤 |
[58:16] | and how we live a happy life without him. | 借此在失去他之后活的开心点 |
[58:21] | Is that a game? | 那是玩的东西吗 |
[58:23] | Oh, this is a machine that gives me my medicine. | 这是我的给药机器 |
[58:30] | – We’re minutes away. – Yeah. | -我们还有几分钟就能开饭了 -是呀 |
[58:31] | We’re ready. | 马上就好了 |
[58:32] | – May I help? – Oh, uh.. | -需要我帮你吗 |
[58:34] | Luke, honey | 卢克 亲爱的 |
[58:35] | why don’t show Alice and Frank your room? | 为什么不带爱丽丝和弗兰克看看你的房间呢 |
[58:37] | – Okay, okay. – Thank you. | -好的 好的 -谢谢你 |
[58:45] | How do you think I should do this? | 你觉得我应该怎么处理 |
[58:48] | Be honest. | 说实话 |
[58:51] | I meant the turkey. | 我意思是火鸡怎么处理 |
[59:15] | 新目击证词 指挥部的支持 DOD伤亡报告 | |
[59:27] | Scott.. | 斯科特 |
[59:28] | May I, uh, | 我可以 |
[59:30] | give the blessing? | 饭前祷告吗 |
[59:32] | Yeah. Of’ course. | 可以 当然了 |
[59:35] | Okay. | 好的 |
[59:37] | Heavenly Father, | 天父啊 |
[59:40] | please bless this food | 请赐福于眼前的食物 |
[59:42] | that it may nourish this growing family | 它将滋养这个不断壮大的家庭 |
[59:46] | and the friendship between us. | 以及我们之间的友谊 |
[59:49] | And give praise to this young man | 请保佑我眼前的年轻人 |
[59:51] | as he honors us with his commitment to ensure | 他正以奉献荣耀我们 |
[59:56] | that the sacrifices of the fallen were neither in vain | 使阵亡者的牺牲绝不徒劳 |
[1:00:02] | nor will they ever be forgotten. | 也绝不会被忘怀 |
[1:00:05] | Amen. | 阿门 |
[1:00:15] | What are you doing, Mister? | 你在做什么 先生 |
[1:00:20] | – What are you doing here? – Tully | -你怎么在这里 -塔利 |
[1:00:22] | had your number, so, | 有你的电话号 所以 |
[1:00:23] | I called and talked to your wife. Nice woman. | 我打电话和令夫人聊了聊 她人很好 |
[1:00:26] | She told me where you was at. | 她告诉我了你在哪里 |
[1:00:29] | Sit down. | 坐吧 |
[1:00:32] | Coffee? | 需要咖啡吗 |
[1:00:33] | – No. – No. | -不 -不 |
[1:00:42] | You tracked me down to give me this? | 你跟踪我就是为了给我这个吗 |
[1:00:51] | You.. | 你 |
[1:00:53] | Never appreciate | 你从不能理解 |
[1:00:54] | what American artillery can do. | 美国炮兵们的所作所为 |
[1:00:58] | Do you see it waste your own people? | 你认为这会浪费你自己的人力吗 |
[1:01:00] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[1:01:03] | First round kill three, | 第一回合三杀 |
[1:01:06] | ain’t no telling how many of the wounded would’ve died later.. | 却不知道有多少伤员会在之后死去 |
[1:01:09] | ..If the VCN got to ’em first. | 如果越共军先找到他们的话 |
[1:01:12] | If you give your shooters a good plat | 如果你给射手们绘制好地图 |
[1:01:15] | them red lays could put 105 round | 他们都可以用105号的炮筒 |
[1:01:17] | inside of pickle bear. | 炸中一罐咸菜 |
[1:01:20] | I got the distance correction wrong. | 但我把距离校正弄错了 |
[1:01:23] | We got thump by our own shit. | 我们只能自食其屎 |
[1:01:27] | What are you saying? | 你说什么 |
[1:01:28] | It was blue on blue, brother. | 我们伤了很多自己人 兄弟 |
[1:01:31] | Friendly fire, ain’t no getting around that. | 是友军的火力 我们没有躲掉 |
[1:01:34] | Damage. Damage! | 人员伤亡 人员伤亡 |
[1:01:35] | Silo 3 has a fire mission. | 3号发射井的火力支援任务 |
[1:01:37] | ship from Queensland | 是从昆士兰州来的船 |
[1:01:38] | Direction, 3-1-0. | 3-1-0方向 |
[1:01:40] | Distance 300 meters. | 300米开外 |
[1:01:43] | We will adjust. | 我们会调整站位 |
[1:01:45] | Shit. | 妈的 |
[1:01:46] | Fire adjust one hundred! | 火力支援调整100米 |
[1:01:49] | Fuck! | 操 |
[1:01:50] | What the hell was that? | 这他妈什么情况 |
[1:01:57] | I need the fucking ammo! | 我需要子弹 |
[1:02:02] | Man down! | 有人受伤 |
[1:02:04] | Silo 3 has fire mission. | 3号发射井的火力支援 |
[1:02:05] | Drop 100. 5-4-6. | 轰炸地点是5-4-6 100米开外 |
[1:02:08] | – Make it danger close! – Roger that, Sergeant. | -让它靠近危险距离 -收到 长官 |
[1:02:10] | Make it danger close! | 靠近危险距离 |
[1:02:13] | Move up! | 前进 |
[1:02:24] | Mick! | 米可 |
[1:02:26] | – Oh, god. – Mick! | -我的天 -米可 |
[1:02:28] | So when Tully says | 所以当塔利说 |
[1:02:29] | I’m the one was started it | 我是这件事的起因 |
[1:02:32] | that’s what he really means. | 这才是他真正的意思 |
[1:02:36] | Truth is | 真相是 |
[1:02:39] | I killed my own men. | 我杀了我们自己的弟兄 |
[1:02:43] | If I got those numbers right | 如果我弄对了那些数字 |
[1:02:46] | Pitsenbarger probably never even | 皮森巴格可能根本不会 |
[1:02:47] | gets that call. | 接到那通电话 |
[1:02:49] | Never comes down that wire or never… | 不会上战场 也根本不可能 |
[1:02:52] | saves my life. | 救我的命 |
[1:02:56] | Maybe he is the one sitting on a river bank | 可能他会是那个坐在河边 |
[1:02:58] | somewhere with his grand kids around. | 和他的孙子们共享天伦之乐的人 |
[1:03:00] | And that’d have been fine by me. | 那样我会为他感到开心 |
[1:03:04] | Instead he is dead, | 但相反 他死了 |
[1:03:08] | and they give me the goddamn Silver Star. | 并且他们给了我该死的银星勋章 |
[1:03:11] | For what? It’s doesn’t matter | 为了什么 它什么都改变不了 |
[1:03:15] | I sit around year and a year out, thinking about 20 seconds | 一年一年过去 我都在想那二十秒 |
[1:03:19] | 32 years ago | 三十二年前的那二十秒 |
[1:03:21] | I wished to God I can have back. | 向上帝祈祷我能回到过去 |
[1:03:25] | Surviving isn’t a crime. | 幸存不是罪 |
[1:03:29] | No, it ain’t. | 不 它确实不是 |
[1:03:31] | It is a life sentence. | 它是无期徒刑 |
[1:03:33] | Getting that medal | 为皮特 和他的家人 |
[1:03:35] | for Pits for his family and for the men I lost, | 还有我失去的弟兄 获得那枚奖章 |
[1:03:38] | might be the only decent thing | 可能是我从那场战争中的得到的 |
[1:03:40] | I get to pull out of that war. | 唯一一个体面的东西 |
[1:03:44] | So, | 所以 |
[1:03:46] | why don’t you going back up to Washington | 你最好还是回到华盛顿 |
[1:03:47] | and make that happen, alright? | 让它变成现实 好吗 |
[1:04:04] | Daddy! | 爸爸 |
[1:04:07] | I’m thirsty. | 我渴了 |
[1:04:10] | Okay, buddy, let’s get you a drink. | 好的 亲爱的 我们去整点喝的 |
[1:04:13] | Daddy, are those the army men you’re helping? | 爸爸 那些都是你在帮助的军人吗 |
[1:04:19] | Yeah, they’re. | 是啊 是他们 |
[1:04:25] | Do you want me to be a army man? | 你想让我长大当一个军人吗 |
[1:04:29] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事了吗 |
[1:04:34] | He just needs a drink. | 他想要喝的 |
[1:04:36] | Oh, I see. Let’s go get you some water, huh? | 明白啦 我们去给装点水 好吗 |
[1:04:42] | – Everything okay? – Yeah. I see you in a bit. | -一切都好吗 -都好 我们一会见 |
[1:04:44] | – Okay. – Alright. | -好的 -没问题 |
[1:04:46] | Let’s get you some water. | 我们去给你装水喝吧 |
[1:04:54] | I was | 我当初 |
[1:04:56] | deployed to Vietnam at a very interesting point | 在战争中的一个很有趣的时间点 |
[1:04:58] | during the war | 被派去越南 |
[1:04:59] | and, naturally, what prompted me to write the book. | 它自然也是我写书的灵感源泉 |
[1:05:01] | I was initially serving | 我一开始 |
[1:05:03] | as the G-3 Operations Officer for the first Infantry division. | 是第一步兵师的G-3作战官 |
[1:05:08] | The Big Red One. | 红一纵队 |
[1:05:10] | And we were deployed, uh, north west of Saigon, | 然后我们被派去了 西贡的西北部 |
[1:05:13] | a very crucial area next to the Capital | 这是一个靠近首都非常关键的地区 |
[1:05:17] | Hello? | 你好 |
[1:05:27] | Hey. | 你好啊 |
[1:05:29] | Thank you. | 谢了 |
[1:05:30] | – Where is he? Can I see him? – Slow down. | -他在哪 我能见他吗 -别急啊 |
[1:05:32] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[1:05:43] | Hey, Frank. | 你好啊 弗兰克 |
[1:05:45] | Got someone here to see you. | 有人来看你 |
[1:05:46] | It’s the FNG. | 是那个菜鸟新人 |
[1:05:48] | Mr. Huffman. | 霍夫曼先生 |
[1:05:49] | How are you doing, Frank? | 最近怎么样啊 弗兰克 |
[1:05:51] | Oh, the better if I seeing you. | 看见你就好多了 |
[1:05:55] | Thank you for coming. | 谢谢你来看望 |
[1:05:56] | Of course. | 没事的 |
[1:05:59] | He gave me a call and, uh, | 他给我打了个电话 然后 |
[1:06:03] | – here I am. – Right. | -我就来了 -是的 |
[1:06:10] | Is he dying? | 他快去世了吗 |
[1:06:12] | We’re all dying someday. | 我们总有一天都会死的 |
[1:06:17] | I think he’s holding on | 我想他是在撑着 |
[1:06:21] | for you to get this done. | 等你把这件事办完 |
[1:06:24] | Why are you in the middle of everything? | 为什么你要插手这些事情 |
[1:06:26] | I mean,.. | 我的意思是 |
[1:06:28] | What’s in it for you? | 你能得到什么好处 |
[1:06:30] | He didn’t save your life. | 他又没有救你的命 |
[1:06:32] | Didn’t he? | 他没有吗 |
[1:06:35] | So you feel like you owe? | 所以你觉得这是你欠他的 |
[1:06:37] | Absolutely. | 那是自然 |
[1:06:39] | you asked me if I had an agenda. | 你问我难道没有别的事情可干了吗 |
[1:06:42] | It’s those people upstairs. | 但楼上的那些人就是我生活的重心 |
[1:06:47] | And what about you? | 那你呢 |
[1:06:51] | We’d already been out two weeks out patrol, but once we | 我们已经巡逻两个周了 但一旦我们 |
[1:06:54] | tangled with those NVA forces, | 跟那些越共纠缠不清 |
[1:06:57] | naturally, we got the duty. | 我们自然就有活干了 |
[1:07:00] | Duty? | 什么活 |
[1:07:01] | Bait. Brother. Live bait. | 当诱饵 兄弟 活生生的诱饵 |
[1:07:04] | They first said to make contact, | 他们一开始说的是正面突击 |
[1:07:07] | Alpha and Bravo would flank | A和B会从两侧包抄 |
[1:07:09] | and we’d grind ’em into the pulp. | 然后我们就能把他们一网打尽 |
[1:07:12] | Why don’t just ask Jonsie Kepper? | 你为什么不直接问琼西 凯鹏 |
[1:07:14] | I mean, he wrote the after action report. | 我的意思是 他负责写事后报告 |
[1:07:16] | He’s a saige of South East Asia. | 他是东南亚的西贡人 |
[1:07:19] | We’re hoping that you’d see him. | 我们希望你能见见他 |
[1:07:21] | There is anyone who knows where the bodies were buried | 如果说有人知道尸体被埋在哪里 |
[1:07:24] | that’s Kepper. | 那一定是凯鹏 |
[1:07:32] | I found this. | 我找到了这个 |
[1:07:33] | Mili-second 1966 interview | 在1966年仅几秒钟的 |
[1:07:37] | with Mr.Kurts. | 对科次先生的采访 |
[1:07:40] | Expat. | 是外籍人士 |
[1:07:40] | Sergeant Jonsie Kepper. | 琼西 凯鹏中士采访的 |
[1:07:42] | – He wrote the after action report. – Apparently. | -他写了那些事后报告 -是的 |
[1:07:45] | What I can’t understand is | 我不明白的是 |
[1:07:47] | why nobody from the DOD ever talked to him. | 为什么国防部里没有一个人和他谈过 |
[1:07:49] | South East Asia is supposed to be beautiful. | 东南亚本应该是美丽的 |
[1:08:32] | – Over there. – Okay. | -就在那边 -好的 |
[1:08:50] | Hi there! | 你好啊 |
[1:09:12] | You pray, Mr. Huffman? | 你平时会祈祷吗 霍夫曼先生 |
[1:09:14] | Not really. | 不会 |
[1:09:15] | I didn’t either. | 我也是不会 |
[1:09:17] | I Prayed that day. | 但是我那天祈祷了 |
[1:09:19] | I prayed for miracle. | 希望上天给我一个奇迹 |
[1:09:21] | One came. | 结果一个人来了 |
[1:09:22] | His name was Pits. | 他的名字是皮特 |
[1:09:24] | We’re gonna get you home, hah? | 我们会带你回家的 好吗 |
[1:09:26] | You good to go back home? | 你准备好回家了吗 |
[1:09:28] | Alright? | 明白了吗 |
[1:09:29] | You gonna have one hell of a story to tell her. | 你会有一个屌炸天的故事可以跟她说 |
[1:09:32] | She gonna be impressed with this one. | 她一定会对这个故事印象深刻 |
[1:09:36] | Alright, I got some pain relief coming up. | 好了 我要给你用止痛药 |
[1:09:39] | Alright, hold tight, bud. | 好了 坚持住 兄弟 |
[1:09:41] | Hold tight. | 坚持住 |
[1:09:43] | There you go, buddy. There you go. | 就是这样 好兄弟 就是这样 |
[1:09:48] | One. Two. Three. Up. | 一 二 三 起 |
[1:09:56] | Pits, come on! | 皮特 接住 |
[1:10:05] | – Come on! – Alright, buddy. | -快点 -没事了 兄弟 |
[1:10:07] | Here we go. | 就是这样 |
[1:10:11] | Get it up! | 往上拉 |
[1:10:27] | Help! | 救命啊 |
[1:10:42] | Come on! | 快来啊 |
[1:10:44] | Pits, let’s go! | 皮特 快走啊 |
[1:10:46] | Come on! | 快来啊 |
[1:11:24] | The after action report | 那些事后报告 |
[1:11:26] | that you wrote on the battle. | 你在战争中写的 |
[1:11:30] | A lot of it is missing. | 很多都已经不见了 |
[1:11:32] | Everything that I wrote | 我写的所有东西 |
[1:11:34] | went up to | 都在三十二年以前 |
[1:11:35] | Saigon Chimney 32 years ago, | 交给西贡了 |
[1:11:36] | brother. | 兄弟 |
[1:11:37] | Look, I–I talked to lot of | 是这样的 我 我跟 |
[1:11:40] | guys in Charlie company, | 查理公司里的很多人谈过了 |
[1:11:42] | and no one seems to know, I mean, | 但是好像没人知道 我的意思是 |
[1:11:45] | who even thought of | 谁能在第一时间想到 |
[1:11:47] | Operation Abilene in the first place? | 阿比林行动呢 |
[1:11:49] | Company CEO, Mad Maddi Holt. | 公司的首席执行官麦迪霍尔特 |
[1:11:54] | Madison Holt? | 麦迪逊·霍尔特吗 |
[1:11:56] | Colonel. | 是上校 |
[1:11:57] | He is big shot in Washington now, I think. | 我想他现在在华盛顿一定很牛逼吧 |
[1:12:05] | Yeah, Senator Holt. | 是的 霍尔特参议员 |
[1:12:09] | Maybe he gonna be the Secretary of Defense one day. | 也许有一天他能当上国防部长 |
[1:12:14] | He was a good shield. | 他尽力保护我们了 |
[1:12:17] | That was a very bad day. | 只是那天实在是太糟糕了 |
[1:12:21] | So why are these vet come here to see you? | 所以为什么那些老兵来找你 |
[1:12:24] | Why they come here is not my business. | 我不关心他们为什么过来 |
[1:12:27] | And what do you do here? | 那你在这里干什么 |
[1:12:29] | I live. I love. | 我住这里 爱这里 |
[1:12:31] | And listen. | 还用耳朵倾听 |
[1:12:32] | – So you listen to them? – Yeah. | -你听他们的说话吗 -是的 |
[1:12:33] | – To the vets? – Uh-huh. | -听那些老兵说吗 -当然 |
[1:12:36] | I try to re-write the story, | 我在试着重新写那个故事 |
[1:12:38] | help ’em. | 帮助他们 |
[1:12:39] | But you can’t change the past. | 但是你不能改变过去 |
[1:12:41] | But you can change your perspective. | 但是你可以改变你看待事情的角度 |
[1:12:44] | You can create | 你能创造 |
[1:12:45] | new memories, | 新的记忆 |
[1:12:46] | happy memories, | 快乐的记忆 |
[1:12:48] | even in a sad place. | 即使是在伤心之地 |
[1:12:53] | It’s choices. | 看你自己的选择 |
[1:12:56] | Our guys come through here? | 我们的人从这里穿过去的吗 |
[1:12:58] | People think the war is who those men are, | 人们认为战争就是这些人的本性 |
[1:13:00] | it’s not. It’s what happened to ’em. | 但不是这样的 战争发生在他们身上 |
[1:13:03] | They just want to go through stuff with them. | 他们只是想熬过这些难事 |
[1:13:08] | Hey. I wanna show you something. | 我有东西想给你看 |
[1:13:35] | This is incredible. | 太不可思议了 |
[1:13:39] | I never brought anyone who’d been feel happy here. | 我从来没想过有人会在这里感到开心 |
[1:13:45] | You did all this? | 你一个人干的吗 |
[1:13:47] | Yep. | 是啊 |
[1:13:50] | Oh. You know where we are? | 你知道我们在哪里吗 |
[1:13:57] | no. | 不知道 |
[1:13:58] | This is where he came down. | 这就是他下来的地方 |
[1:14:01] | Pits. | 皮特 |
[1:14:03] | I thought I saw an angel. | 我还以为我看见的是天使 |
[1:14:06] | You know, he was right in front of me, | 你知道吗 他就在我面前 |
[1:14:08] | all clean and pressed. | 那么圣洁又给人压迫感 |
[1:14:10] | Air Force. Hah. | 真是他妈的空中支援 |
[1:14:14] | This is Abilene. | 这里就是阿比林 |
[1:14:16] | – Here? – Right here. | -是这么 -是的 |
[1:14:18] | Under your feet. | 在你脚下 |
[1:14:21] | But now it’s Avalon | 但现在是阿瓦隆 |
[1:14:24] | Avalon | 阿瓦隆 |
[1:14:29] | Now, how can that be possible | 现在 怎么可能 |
[1:14:32] | to have those things in the same place? | 把这些东西放在同一个地方呢 |
[1:14:38] | You just stay here for a while. | 你就在这待一会儿 |
[1:14:40] | And breath. | 深呼吸 |
[1:15:30] | Let it go. | 放手吧 |
[1:16:06] | The veterans | 那些老兵们 |
[1:16:08] | hold something for all of us. | 为我们承担了一些东西 |
[1:16:11] | They take the shame of war, denial, | 他们承受了战败的耻辱 被否定 |
[1:16:17] | anger. | 愤怒 |
[1:16:20] | They just come here | 他们就来到这里 |
[1:16:22] | so somebody will listen to them. | 有人可以听他们的倾诉 |
[1:16:24] | That’s why medals are so important, they helps.. | 这就是为什么奖牌很重要 它们帮我们 |
[1:16:27] | Helps bring us together. | 帮我们凝聚在一起 |
[1:16:30] | Tell stories. | 讲述自己的故事 |
[1:16:32] | I–I’m just a witness. | 我只是一个见证者 |
[1:16:35] | You’re a witness too. | 你也是 |
[1:16:41] | The Vietnamese love their khong loi. | 越南人爱他们的红楼 |
[1:16:44] | It’s symbolic for letting go. | 那象征着放手 |
[1:16:47] | And if you have something that you.. | 如果你有一些想法 |
[1:16:50] | You want to leave here, | 你想离开这里 |
[1:16:53] | something you brought with you, | 你带着一些东西 |
[1:16:55] | you don’t want to take back, | 你不想归还 |
[1:17:00] | just let go. | 放手吧 |
[1:17:28] | Incoming! | 敌人来袭 |
[1:17:40] | I’m on the hot with red lay! | 我正在与炮火支援通话 |
[1:17:41] | Tell him to drop it on top of ’em. | 告诉他空袭敌人 |
[1:17:43] | Charlie-6, emergency fire mission. | 查理-6 紧急火力援助 |
[1:17:48] | Damage. Damage. Charlie-6, | 轰炸 轰炸 查理-6 |
[1:17:50] | Emergency fire mission. | 紧急火力援助 |
[1:17:52] | Tango, 6-3-3. | 目标 6-3-3 |
[1:17:57] | Damn it! | 妈的 |
[1:18:01] | Damage. Damage. Charlie-6. | 轰炸 轰炸 查理-6 |
[1:18:03] | Emergency fire mission. | 紧急火力援助 |
[1:18:04] | Tango, 6-3-3 | 目标 6-3-3 |
[1:18:06] | This is broken arrow, we are being over run. | 我们要实施断箭行动 已经弹尽粮绝了 |
[1:18:09] | Hold this, keep the pressure on it. | 手放在这 压住伤口 |
[1:18:11] | Somebody still out there! | 有些人还在外面 |
[1:18:16] | I need you to do me a favour. | 我需要你帮我一个忙 |
[1:18:19] | – I need to get this to someone. – No. | -我要把这个给一个人 -不 |
[1:18:21] | – Please. – No! | -求你了 -不 |
[1:18:23] | Just stamp. | 邮寄就可以 |
[1:18:26] | – I’ll hold on to it until you get back. – Okay. | -我会一直拿着等你回来 -好 |
[1:18:32] | What are you doing, man? | 你在做什么 兄弟 |
[1:18:34] | You have done enough, brother. You be still. | 你做的够多了兄弟 你得活下来 |
[1:18:37] | Come on! | 冲啊 |
[1:18:51] | Pits came down and save lives. | 皮特持枪上阵拯救生命 |
[1:18:53] | Evaced wounded. | 掩护受伤的人 |
[1:18:54] | Fought and died alongside men he never even knew. | 与他素不相识的人并肩战斗并死去 |
[1:19:00] | You pray Mr. Huffman? | 你祈祷了么霍夫曼先生 |
[1:19:03] | I prayed that day. | 我那天一直在祈祷 |
[1:19:04] | I Prayed for miracle. | 我祈祷奇迹的发生 |
[1:19:07] | I ain’t never seen nobody died before. | 以前从未有人在我面前死去 |
[1:19:09] | Coming out! | 冲啊 |
[1:19:13] | That little matter sucked all the past right out of me. | 这件小事改变了我所有的过去 |
[1:19:17] | You understand what I’m saying, sir? | 你能理解我的话么 先生 |
[1:19:24] | All those hellfire coming in, | 漫天炮火倾泻而至 |
[1:19:26] | to him it was like nothing could’ve hurt him. | 对他好像无法伤及分毫 |
[1:19:31] | He was there to save lives, and that’s what he was doing. | 他在那里拯救生命 这就是他所做的 |
[1:19:37] | Who knows how many guys walk around life today because of him, | 有谁知道今天多少人活着是因为他呢 |
[1:19:40] | what he’d done. | 因为他做的一切 |
[1:19:44] | But he didn’t come back. | 但他再也不会回来了 |
[1:19:49] | I felt like the best part of me went down with him. | 我觉得我最好那部分随他而去了 |
[1:19:54] | I still think about it this day. | 现在我依然在思考 |
[1:19:58] | If anybody deserved to get out of that hell alive | 如果只有一个人值得活着离开 |
[1:20:01] | it was him. | 那一定是他 |
[1:20:08] | Make yourself at home. | 不要拘束 |
[1:20:11] | You know, I can have you arrested. | 你知道 我可以逮捕你 |
[1:20:13] | Senator Madison Holt. | 参议员麦迪逊·霍尔特 |
[1:20:15] | Formally Colonel Madison Holt. | 曾经的麦迪逊·霍尔特上校 |
[1:20:17] | 1st Infantry division, on the big red one. | 第1步兵师 大红人 |
[1:20:20] | Senator’s distinguished to Military career’s a matter of public record. | 参议员在军旅中所取得的成就是有目共睹 |
[1:20:24] | It’s undisputed. | 是无可争辩的 |
[1:20:26] | I’m bought the book, Carl. | 我买了这本书 卡尔 |
[1:20:28] | Yeah? Did you read it? Or did you just look at the pictures. | 是吗 你看了吗 或者你只是看了照片 |
[1:20:31] | Holt of part of the brass that cooked up Operation Abilene. | 他是策划阿比林行动的人之一 |
[1:20:35] | You’re not really suggesting | 你是不是在暗示 |
[1:20:36] | that Holt ordered and NVA ambush? | 霍尔特下令对越共的伏击 |
[1:20:39] | I’m suggesting that would be | 我的意思是 |
[1:20:40] | pretty convenient for you to keep that off the record. | 不记录这件事对你百利无一害 |
[1:20:43] | Which is why you put me on him, because… | 这就是为什么你让我去对付他 |
[1:20:46] | you knew I’d dump it. | 你知道我会搞砸 |
[1:20:48] | You know, Holt’s gonna be Secretary of Defense someday, maybe even | 你知道 霍尔特总有一天会成为国防部长 |
[1:20:51] | President. | 甚至总统 |
[1:20:52] | You had them. | 你有这些 |
[1:20:54] | Command endorsements, all this time. | 文件的支持 一直都有 |
[1:21:00] | I’m taking them. | 我要带走这些 |
[1:21:01] | Have you ever been the subject of opposition research? | 你有没有被当成敌对分子而被调查过 |
[1:21:05] | Because if you even twitch on this, | 因为如果你动一下这个 |
[1:21:07] | I will have them on you like spray paint. | 我就会让你被调查 |
[1:21:09] | You will never get another mortgage, passport or | 你再也不会获得贷款 护照 |
[1:21:12] | Sam’s Club membership card, | 和山姆商店的会员卡 |
[1:21:16] | let alone a political appointment. | 更不要说政治任命了 |
[1:21:21] | But I’m not worried about all that. | 但我不会担心这些 |
[1:21:23] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[1:21:24] | Because it’s not in your nature to spit in face of the man | 因为就算别人当面激怒你 |
[1:21:27] | who could just as easily make you. | 以你的天性也不会对他破口大骂 |
[1:21:30] | What’s my nature? | 我的天性是什么 |
[1:21:31] | Climb, prosper, expand the Jean-Paul, | 奋发向上 功成名就 |
[1:21:33] | just like the rest of us. | 就像我们其他人一样 |
[1:21:36] | I’d appreciate if you’d leave the place the way you found it. | 如果你把发现的东西归位我将不胜感激 |
[1:21:39] | And.. | 然后 |
[1:21:41] | Don’t forget, | 不要忘记 |
[1:21:42] | we get to squash. | 我们去打壁球 |
[1:21:44] | Wednesday. | 星期三 |
[1:21:53] | Jenny.. | 珍妮 |
[1:21:55] | Sometimes it’s difficult to understand why we’ve been sent here. | 有时很难理解我们为什么被派到这里来 |
[1:21:58] | Or to explain what happens. | 很难解释发生了什么 |
[1:22:01] | I have only have minutes since we got a call in ’em pickups | 我只有几分钟的时间来接他们的电话 |
[1:22:03] | near Xa Ca May, about 30 clicks from here. | 离查凯迈大约30公里 |
[1:22:08] | You know, Jenny.. | 你知道的 珍妮 |
[1:22:09] | The only thing I fear of dying | 对死亡我唯一害怕的 |
[1:22:12] | is the dreams of you won’t come. | 就是死后的世界里没有你的身影 |
[1:22:15] | The Death is dark | 死亡是黑暗的 |
[1:22:17] | and still, and endless like these jungle nights. | 无穷无尽的 就如这丛林的夜晚一般 |
[1:22:23] | But sometimes I think, Jen.. | 但是我认为 珍 |
[1:22:25] | Maybe it’s this place I’ll wake up from. | 也许我会从这里醒来 |
[1:22:28] | Safe and warm in your bed. | 安全温暖的躺在你的床上 |
[1:22:30] | The morning lights dreaming in. | 晨光如梦如幻 |
[1:22:36] | But if it the thunder here this real, | 但如果这里的炮火是真实的 |
[1:22:38] | and if this letter should reach you instead of me | 如果这封信寄给你而不是我 |
[1:22:41] | then know that I’m never far. | 你就会知道我从未远离 |
[1:22:45] | Take care of mom, | 照顾好妈妈 |
[1:22:46] | and specially dad, because.. | 更要好好照顾爸爸 因为 |
[1:22:48] | He will take this worst of all. | 他会背负这糟糕的一切 |
[1:22:51] | Tell them I’m sorry | 告诉他们我很抱歉 |
[1:22:52] | for what I’ve put them through, | 让他们经历这些 |
[1:22:55] | but that I’m sure of my purpose | 但我很清楚我的目的 |
[1:22:57] | and in the words we all believe: | 和我们一直坚信的箴言 |
[1:23:00] | “These things we do | 我们做的这些 |
[1:23:02] | that others may live.” | 可以挽救别人的生命 |
[1:23:04] | Bill. | 比尔 |
[1:23:11] | You have an impeccable record. | 你有完美的记录 |
[1:23:14] | The secretary is giving you his highest recommendation. | 秘书长会给你最高等级的推荐 |
[1:23:17] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 先生 |
[1:23:19] | So why do you think you’d be effective in this position? | 那么你为什么认为自己能胜任这个职位呢 |
[1:23:24] | I’m connecting, | 我善与人交往 |
[1:23:27] | ambitious, persuasive, | 有抱负 有说服别人的能力 |
[1:23:30] | not afraid to make enemies and.. | 不害怕树敌 |
[1:23:32] | I’ want this job more than anybody. | 我想要这份工作胜过任何人 |
[1:23:35] | At least that’s what I would have said a month ago. | 至少一个月前我是这样的 |
[1:23:39] | Okay. | 好的 |
[1:23:41] | And today? | 现在呢 |
[1:23:44] | Today I’m… | 现在 我 |
[1:23:47] | ..just unavailable. | 不能胜任 |
[1:23:57] | Air Force? | 空军 |
[1:24:00] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:24:03] | I’m sorry about your buddy, man. | 我为你的兄弟感到难过 |
[1:24:07] | I’m so sorry. | 我非常难过 |
[1:24:33] | The whole time I’m washing him. | 我一直在给他洗澡 |
[1:24:37] | You know, his feet, | 他的脚 |
[1:24:39] | his hands, | 他的手 |
[1:24:46] | I didn’t feel anything. | 我什么都没有感觉到 |
[1:24:49] | Nothing. | 什么都没有 |
[1:24:51] | That’s when I knew I’d been there.. | 那时我才知道我去过那里 |
[1:24:54] | Too long. | 很长时间 |
[1:24:57] | I shipped him back, | 我把他送了回去 |
[1:24:59] | and I finished my tour and I got on with my life. | 然后结束了我的旅程并继续我的生活 |
[1:25:07] | Did you? | 成功了么 |
[1:25:09] | Did I what? | 什么 |
[1:25:10] | Get on with life? | 继续自己的生活 |
[1:25:14] | I’m standing here. | 我正站在这里 |
[1:25:18] | You know, | 你知道 |
[1:25:21] | when I was five years old, | 当我五岁的时候 |
[1:25:24] | I watched my father | 我看到我父亲 |
[1:25:25] | pack up his things in his car and | 拿着他的东西上了他的车 |
[1:25:28] | leave my mother and me. | 抛下了我和母亲 |
[1:25:31] | I was so afraid. | 我很害怕 |
[1:25:34] | It hurt so much. | 那太令人伤心了 |
[1:25:38] | I ran out to the driveway | 我跑去车道上 |
[1:25:39] | and I | 然后我 |
[1:25:40] | shove my hand in the car door as he | 把手放在车里 |
[1:25:45] | slammed it shut. | 他砰得一声把门关上了 |
[1:25:48] | I thought that if he saw I was injured | 我认为如果他看到我受伤了 |
[1:25:50] | and really hurt and he would | 并且如此严重的情况下 |
[1:25:53] | have to take me to the Hospital and | 会带我去医院然后 |
[1:25:55] | doctor would | 医生会 |
[1:25:56] | tell him to stay and take care of me. | 告诉他留下来照顾我 |
[1:26:01] | But he’d just roll away. | 但是他还是走了 |
[1:26:05] | I chase his car down the street, | 我在街上追着他的车 |
[1:26:08] | my hand all mangled and | 我的手全断了然后 |
[1:26:12] | tell my mother | 告诉我的母亲 |
[1:26:14] | he scooped me up. | 他把我抱起来了 |
[1:26:20] | You know, you were marked. | 你知道 你也被伤害过 |
[1:26:24] | Just like you. | 和你一样 |
[1:26:30] | What happened to you on | 在1996年4月11日 |
[1:26:31] | April 11th, 1966? | 你经历了什么 |
[1:26:35] | My friend died. | 我朋友去世了 |
[1:26:37] | What happened to you? | 你呢 |
[1:26:40] | I told you. | 我告诉过你了 |
[1:26:41] | It’s okay. | 好的 |
[1:26:43] | It’s not okay. | 不好 |
[1:26:45] | – It’s just– – Nothing about it is okay. | -就 -那一点也不好 |
[1:26:47] | Just tell me. | 告诉我 |
[1:26:49] | What is it? What– What was it? What happened? | 这是什么 这曾经是什么 发生了什么 |
[1:26:53] | He died. He got killed. He– | 他死了 被杀了 他 |
[1:26:56] | got shot in the | 头部被 |
[1:26:57] | head, and | 击中了 |
[1:26:58] | You know, it’s war. | 这是战争 |
[1:26:59] | Right, right, it was war, | 没错 没错 这就是战争 |
[1:27:02] | so, how long are you gonna punish yourself? | 所以你什么时候惩罚自己 |
[1:27:04] | Punish myself? | 惩罚我自己吗 |
[1:27:06] | What was the thing you did? | 你做了什么事情 |
[1:27:07] | – What I’d do? – Yeah. | -我做了什么 -没错 |
[1:27:09] | – Just tell me, what was the thing you did? – Now, you stop it. | -你就告诉我 你做了什么 -别这样 |
[1:27:11] | – Just want to talk– – Stop! Stop you | -我只是想问 -停 停下来 |
[1:27:13] | – son of a bitch! Stop it! – You didn’t say it. | -他妈的 停下来 -你还是没说 |
[1:27:16] | Say what? | 说什么 |
[1:27:19] | He knew it was dangerous. | 他知道很危险 |
[1:27:20] | I told him | 我告诉过他 |
[1:27:22] | to be goddamn careful and– | 要非常小心 并且 |
[1:27:25] | And, what? | 并且什么 |
[1:27:27] | No, no, no, no. | 不 不 不 不 |
[1:27:28] | – I’m not doing– – Doing what? | -我没做 -做什么 |
[1:27:30] | Doing this. | 做这个 |
[1:27:32] | I told him to come back up, | 我让他回来 |
[1:27:35] | get back on the wire, get back in the ship. | 回到线上 回到船上 |
[1:27:37] | He didn’t do that. Why he didn’t do that? | 他没有这么做 为什么他没有做 |
[1:27:39] | – Get back in the ship. – Because he couldn’t. | -他没有回到船上 -因为他不能 |
[1:27:41] | – Because people needed him. – Yeah? Yeah? | – 因为人民需要他 -是吗 是吗 |
[1:27:43] | Yeah? Yeah? Well, fuck you! And– | 是吗 是吗 混蛋 |
[1:27:49] | Oh, god. | 天啊 |
[1:28:00] | It’s got to hurt to be mad at him. | 生他的气一定很痛苦 |
[1:28:01] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:28:04] | What else happened to you, Tom? | 你还经历了什么 汤姆 |
[1:28:06] | I–I stayed in the bird. | 我 我待在了直升机里 |
[1:28:10] | I–I– I didn’t go down, I– | 我 我 我没有下去 我 |
[1:28:14] | I was relieved. I– | 我松了口气 我 |
[1:28:16] | I stayed, you know, where it was safe. | 我待在了安全的地方 |
[1:28:22] | God, when I found him | 当我发现他的时候 |
[1:28:25] | I was.. | 我 |
[1:28:29] | I was glad | 我很庆幸 |
[1:28:33] | that it wasn’t me. | 躺在那里的不是我 |
[1:28:35] | I didn’t wanna be dead and I was alive and | 我不想死 我还活着 |
[1:28:42] | it felt good. | 那感觉很好 |
[1:28:42] | You did feel something. | 你确实感受到了什么 |
[1:28:44] | Yeah, I felt the shame! | 没错 我感到羞愧 |
[1:28:52] | You’re not a coward, Tom. | 你不是一个懦夫 汤姆 |
[1:28:57] | You’re a hero. | 你是个英雄 |
[1:29:02] | Deal with that. | 接受这个现实 |
[1:29:07] | Just let me.. | 你就让我 |
[1:29:09] | Let me have it for a while. Come on. | 你就让我陪伴你一下 来吧 |
[1:29:28] | You, uh, | 你 |
[1:29:29] | know what I want? | 知道我想要什么 |
[1:29:30] | I do. | 我知道 |
[1:29:36] | I want some grace. | 我想要恩典 |
[1:29:38] | I want some serenity. | 我想要平静 |
[1:29:40] | I want country to honor my brother | 我想让国家在他父母面前 |
[1:29:43] | before his parents. | 纪念我的兄弟 |
[1:29:46] | I want my friend, your friend, | 我想要我的朋友 你的朋友 |
[1:29:52] | I want his father to | 我想要他的父亲 |
[1:29:54] | leave this place in peace. | 安详地离开 |
[1:30:21] | Can I get you anything else, Senator? | 有什么我能为您做的吗 参议员 |
[1:30:22] | No, thanks, hon. | 不需要 谢谢 |
[1:30:23] | You can put out my number. | 你可以记下我的电话号码 |
[1:30:24] | – Okay. – Thank you. | -好的 -谢谢 |
[1:30:25] | Gentlemen. Hey, Carl. | 先生们 嘿 卡尔 |
[1:30:27] | Colonel. | 上校 |
[1:30:29] | Do I know you? | 我认识你吗 |
[1:30:30] | I’m sure hope so. | 希望如此 |
[1:30:32] | Master Sergeant Thomas Tully. | 托马斯·塔利军士长 |
[1:30:34] | 38th rescue squadron, Operation Abilene. | 阿比林行动 第38救援中队 |
[1:30:36] | Uh, you want to speak to the Senator | 你们想要和参议员说话的话 |
[1:30:38] | – you get a few channels. – It’s alright, Carl. | -有几种途径 -没关系 卡尔 |
[1:30:41] | I’ll talk to these men. | 我和这些人说话 |
[1:30:43] | Sir, this is a | 先生 这是一个 |
[1:30:45] | 1966 routing memo | 1966年 |
[1:30:46] | between you and General Heckmyer, | 你和海克迈尔将军的消息来往记录 |
[1:30:49] | downgrading the William H. Pitsenbarger’s Medal of Honor request | 把威廉·H·皮森巴格的荣誉勋章的请求 |
[1:30:52] | to an Air Force Cross. | 下调为空军十字勋章 |
[1:30:53] | It’s dated on October 7th, 1966. | 它的日期是1966年10月7日 |
[1:30:55] | Guys, you might give us a second? | 你们能给我们一些时间吗 |
[1:30:57] | Good. | 麻烦了 |
[1:31:01] | Take a seat. | 请坐 |
[1:31:05] | We have an opportunity | 我们有一个机会 |
[1:31:07] | to upgrade the Cross | 把空军十字勋章 |
[1:31:09] | to the Medal of Honor. | 升为荣誉勋章 |
[1:31:11] | To cut through the bullshit | 想要事情变得简单 |
[1:31:13] | we need a Congressional sponsor. | 我们需要国会的支持 |
[1:31:15] | Mr. Stanton doesn’t think you’d favor | 斯坦顿先生认为你不喜欢 |
[1:31:17] | the publicity of being associated with Operation Abilene | 在选举期间被宣传与 |
[1:31:20] | during an election year. | 阿比林行动有关 |
[1:31:21] | You have no idea what you’re starting. | 你根本不知道你要开始做什么 |
[1:31:24] | I think I do, Carl. | 我认为我知道 卡尔 |
[1:31:28] | Did you ever been the subject of opposition research? | 你有没有参与过对手研究的项目 |
[1:31:31] | Because of even twitch on this | 因为即使你阻止 |
[1:31:32] | I will have them on you like spray paint. | 我依然会向喷漆一样喷在你身上 |
[1:31:36] | Information was removed from the original package | 信息被从原始内容上移除了 |
[1:31:40] | to disqualify the Decorations Board’s review | 为了取消勋章委员会的 |
[1:31:42] | for Congressional reapplication. | 国会重新申请的资格 |
[1:31:44] | We have since recovered those documents. | 我们之后就恢复了那些文件 |
[1:31:47] | This — This communication | 这个 这个通信内容 |
[1:31:49] | simply response to the Colonel’s MOH request, | 只是对上校的荣誉勋章请求的回应 |
[1:31:52] | saying that Air Force Cross was awarded instead. | 说改为授予空军十字勋章 |
[1:31:55] | That’s pretty opened to interpretation. | 这可以有很多种解释 |
[1:31:58] | Uh, you’re under no obligation to respond any of this. | 你没有义务一定要回答这些问题 |
[1:32:01] | If you’d send it up the chain | 假如你把它们送上去了 |
[1:32:04] | why didn’t he get it then? | 他为什么没有拿到 |
[1:32:07] | Honestly, I don’t know. | 说实话 我不知道 |
[1:32:09] | Maybe it | 也许 |
[1:32:11] | fell through the cracks somewhere. | 是什么地方疏忽了 |
[1:32:13] | Maybe Mcfee didn’t wanna | 也许麦克菲不想 |
[1:32:15] | call too much attention to one of them | 在很惨烈的一天战斗中 |
[1:32:16] | bloodiest days of the war. | 吸引很多的注意 |
[1:32:19] | Or | 或者 |
[1:32:20] | maybe I just didn’t | 也许是我没有 |
[1:32:21] | fight hard enough to get this man what he deserves. | 足够努力让他们得到他们应得的 |
[1:32:24] | Senator, your political enemies will take full advantage | 参议员 你的政敌会利用 |
[1:32:27] | of any admission of wrong doing, | 你承认的任何错误 |
[1:32:30] | your Military judgment would be called into question, | 你的军事判断会被审问 |
[1:32:32] | and they will turn this whole deal to a Medina snare. | 然后他们会把这所有事情变成陷阱 |
[1:32:35] | He’s right, sir. They might. | 他说的对 先生 他们会这么做的 |
[1:32:40] | What happened on | 在我人生中最黑暗的一天 |
[1:32:42] | Operation Abilene | 阿比林行动中 |
[1:32:44] | one of the darkest days of my life. | 到底发生了什么 |
[1:32:47] | You’re hurt, Lieutenant. | 你受伤了 中尉 |
[1:32:49] | Why are you still here? | 你为什么还呆在这里 |
[1:32:52] | I won’t leave till you have all my wounded. | 在你把我的伤都治好之前我是不会离开的 |
[1:32:58] | What happened here? | 这里发生了什么 |
[1:33:02] | You marched us right into a kill sack | 你让我们进入绝境 |
[1:33:04] | with no idea how we were gonna get out. | 却不告诉我们怎么出去 |
[1:33:07] | That’s what happened here. | 这就是这里发生的事情 |
[1:33:09] | Can somebody explain this to me?! | 有人能向我解释一下吗 |
[1:33:13] | Can somebody | 有没有人 |
[1:33:15] | explain this to me?! | 能解释一下吗 |
[1:33:18] | You tell me! | 告诉我 |
[1:33:19] | You know, I think we all died a little bit that day. | 我想我们在那一天都失去了一部分 |
[1:33:22] | You tell me! | 告诉我 |
[1:33:24] | Mistakes were made, this was probably one of ’em. | 我们犯了错 这也许是其中之一 |
[1:33:27] | We went to see General Heckmyer, at the VA. | 在退伍军人事务部我们去见了海克迈尔将军 |
[1:33:30] | He verifies your story, sir. | 他证实了你的故事 先生 |
[1:33:32] | Senator, please. | 参议员 抱歉 |
[1:33:33] | It’s my job to protect you. | 保护你是我的工作 |
[1:33:35] | Protect me from what, Carl? | 保护我不受什么伤害 卡尔 |
[1:33:36] | From everything. | 所有伤害 |
[1:33:42] | Usually we’re judged by what we do, | 通常我们被我们做了的事情评判 |
[1:33:47] | but I find that what we don’t do | 但是我发现那些我们没做的事情 |
[1:33:49] | is what haunts us. | 才是一直萦绕在我们脑中的 |
[1:33:52] | Here’s the plan. | 计划是这样的 |
[1:33:54] | We’re gonna roll the dice, we’re gonna go with the truth, | 我们要孤注一掷 我们要说出实话 |
[1:33:59] | no matter how uncommon or uncomfortable that maybe. | 不论事实是多不寻常或多令人难受 |
[1:34:03] | Mr. Chairman. | 主席先生 |
[1:34:04] | I refer you to | 我建议你参考 |
[1:34:05] | S-2549 S-2549, | |
[1:34:07] | page 44, | 44页 |
[1:34:09] | title 5, Military Personnel Policy, | 标题5 军事人员政策 |
[1:34:12] | subtitle E, Other Matters. | 副标题E 其他事项 |
[1:34:15] | – Yes? – This amendment authorizes | -好的 -这个附加条款授权了 |
[1:34:17] | a posthumous Medal Of Honor | 为空军中士威廉·H·皮森巴格 |
[1:34:19] | for Air Force Staff Sergeant, William H. Pitsenbarger. | 追授荣誉勋章 |
[1:34:23] | For conspicuous gallantry in action | 在1966年4月11日越南 |
[1:34:26] | in Vietnam, 11th April, 1966 | 阿比林行动中 |
[1:34:29] | during Operation Abilene. | 有突出的英勇的表现 |
[1:34:30] | Uh, Mr. Chairman, point of order? | 主席先生 有关议事的程序问题 |
[1:34:32] | The Chair recognizes the distinguished gentleman | 主席认出了这位来自北卡罗来纳州 |
[1:34:35] | from North Carolina. | 尊敬的先生 |
[1:34:36] | The rules of this committee prohibit Authorization language | 委员会的规则禁止拨款法案 |
[1:34:39] | to be included in this Appropriations bill. | 中出现的授权语言 |
[1:34:42] | Will the Chair yield? | 主席可以让步吗 |
[1:34:43] | Chair apologizes to the gentleman of Ohio | 主席向这位来自俄亥俄州的先生道歉 |
[1:34:45] | but this committee has much business | 但今天委员会 |
[1:34:47] | before it today, | 还有很多事情要处理 |
[1:34:48] | and so, we must move on. | 所以我们必须要继续进行下一项 |
[1:34:49] | Mr.Chairman, | 主席先生 |
[1:34:50] | – I sincerely appreciate it, – Mr. Chairman! | -我非常同意 -主席先生 |
[1:34:52] | but it should be obvious | 但是很明显 |
[1:34:53] | there is absolutely nothing in this amendment– | 在这个修正案中没有任何 |
[1:34:55] | The Vietnam war was over. | 越南战争已经结束 |
[1:34:57] | – Long ago. – I know, Bob, I was there. | -很久了 -我知道 鲍勃 我在那里 |
[1:34:59] | Then maybe you should take a rest. | 也许你应该休息一下 |
[1:35:02] | Stop kicking that dead horse. | 别再白费口舌了 |
[1:35:04] | Gentleman, this is point of order. | 先生们 注意秩序 |
[1:35:06] | I’m sorry, we must move on. | 抱歉 我们要继续 |
[1:35:09] | Chair recognizes the lady from Florida. | 主席认出这位来自佛罗里达的女士 |
[1:35:11] | Uh, yes. Thank you, Mr. Chairman. | 是的 谢谢主席 |
[1:35:15] | Senator, what the hell happened in there? | 参议员 里面到底发生了什么 |
[1:35:18] | That distinguished gentleman from North Carolina shut us down, | 那位来自北卡罗来纳州的先生阻止了我们 |
[1:35:20] | – that’s what the hell happened. – Just like that? | -这就是发生的事情 -就只是这样吗 |
[1:35:22] | Look, it’s payback, alright? | 听着 这是报复 好吗 |
[1:35:24] | I Harpooned the tobacco subsidies in his last session. | 我在他上届会议上否决了烟草补贴 |
[1:35:27] | Unfortunately, | 不幸的是 |
[1:35:28] | he’s a ranking member so there is not a lot I can do about it. | 他是一个高级成员 我们做不了什么 |
[1:35:32] | But I promise you, | 但我向你保证 |
[1:35:33] | I will get this in next years bill. | 我会在明年的法案中拿下的 |
[1:35:36] | Hopefully, by that time the distinguished gentleman would be dead. | 希望到时那位先生已经死了 |
[1:35:39] | So will Pitsenbargers father. | 皮森巴格的父亲也会去世的 |
[1:35:41] | – What? – He’s dying, sir. | -什么 -他快要死了 先生 |
[1:35:45] | Oh, Jesus. | 天啊 |
[1:35:46] | I didn’t know about that. I’m.. | 我并不知道这件事 我 |
[1:35:47] | Sorry. | 很抱歉 |
[1:35:49] | I’m truly sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[1:35:57] | So that’s it? | 所以就这样了吗 |
[1:35:59] | Unless he give the tobacco subsidy | 除非他把烟草补贴 |
[1:36:01] | to the Senator from North Carolina. | 给北卡罗来纳州的参议员 |
[1:36:05] | What about those men? | 那些人怎么办 |
[1:36:09] | What about Pits? | 皮特怎么办 |
[1:36:11] | Holt says he will get it on the bill next year. | 霍尔特说他会在明年的法案上做到 |
[1:36:17] | And Frank? | 那弗兰克呢 |
[1:36:21] | I can’t cure a cancer, Tara. | 我没法治愈癌症 塔拉 |
[1:36:27] | If I push this any harder I really ruin my career. | 如果我再逼下去 我会毁了我的事业 |
[1:36:37] | It’s interesting. | 真有意思 |
[1:36:38] | What? | 什么 |
[1:36:40] | In 12 years | 在12年里 |
[1:36:42] | I have never seen you back off of anything. | 我从没见过你因为任何事情退缩 |
[1:36:46] | I’m scared. | 我害怕了 |
[1:36:57] | Fear | 恐惧 |
[1:36:59] | is good. | 是好事 |
[1:37:01] | Fear is a survival instinct. | 恐惧是生存的本能 |
[1:37:04] | You’re supposed to be afraid. | 你应该感到恐惧 |
[1:37:09] | Use it. | 利用它 |
[1:37:20] | You turned down a significant career opportunity to finish this. | 你为了完成这事拒绝了大好的职业机会 |
[1:37:26] | Did you figured out why | 你明白为什么四星将军和总统们 |
[1:37:28] | four star Generals and Presidents would trade legacies for a medal? | 愿意用遗产交换一枚奖章了吗 |
[1:37:35] | Because they know that guys like Pitsenbarger | 因为他们知道像皮森巴格那样的人 |
[1:37:38] | don’t do what they do for them. | 不会做他们为之所做的事 |
[1:37:42] | They do it for each other. | 他们只为彼此那么做 |
[1:37:45] | A life for a life. | 以命换命 |
[1:37:47] | That’s big stuff. | 这是一桩大事 |
[1:37:51] | There are worst things that can happen to a man | 比起战死沙场 一个男人可能会 |
[1:37:54] | than getting killed in a war. | 遭受更可怕的事情 |
[1:37:56] | Like? | 比如说 |
[1:37:57] | Like.. | 比如说 |
[1:37:58] | Losing men, | 失去手下 |
[1:38:00] | losing a child, | 失去孩子 |
[1:38:02] | a father, | 失去父亲 |
[1:38:04] | having to live with that. | 还不得不背负这些继续生活 |
[1:38:08] | And you think a piece of ribbon is gonna change that? | 你觉得一条绶带就能改变这些吗 |
[1:38:20] | I’m gonna go public with the story. | 我要将这一切公之于众 |
[1:38:22] | I’m gonna name names. | 我要公布那些名字 |
[1:38:25] | Shaming the Appropriations in front of the Washington press core | 在全国大选当晚 在华盛顿主流媒体面前 |
[1:38:29] | on the eve of a national election sounds | 羞辱拨款提案 |
[1:38:32] | a little dangerous. | 听上去有点危险 |
[1:38:35] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[1:38:37] | But it will be great on television. | 但在电视上应该没关系 |
[1:38:43] | Well done. | 做得好 |
[1:38:45] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:38:47] | Mr. Huffman. | 霍夫曼先生 |
[1:38:48] | I’m Mary, the supervisor of producer. | 我是玛丽 制片人主管 |
[1:38:50] | – We’re gonna put a wire on you. – Okay. | -我们把线接在你身上 -好 |
[1:38:52] | We have you on the split screen | 你会在分屏上 |
[1:38:53] | so the anchors are gonna be able to hear you, | 这样主持人就只能听见你的声音 |
[1:38:54] | but they’re not gonna be able to see you. | 但看不见你 |
[1:38:56] | – Okay. – Alright, come with me. | -好的 -好了 跟我来 |
[1:39:03] | Daddy, are you nervous? | 爸爸 你紧张吗 |
[1:39:05] | I am, but | 是的 |
[1:39:07] | I’m not afraid. | 但我不害怕 |
[1:39:14] | Alright. All set. | 好了 一切就位 |
[1:39:16] | In an unusual move today, | 在这不寻常的一天里 |
[1:39:17] | a member of the Department of the Air Force, | 空军的一名成员 |
[1:39:19] | a gentleman named Scott Huffman | 斯科特 霍夫曼先生 |
[1:39:21] | went before cameras to accuse high ranking Senators and their staffs | 在镜头前谴责高级参议院及其工作人员 |
[1:39:25] | of playing political football with Military valor. | 以军事英勇勋章玩政治游戏 |
[1:39:28] | … HR to send Appropriations Bill, | 人力资源送出拨款提案 比尔 |
[1:39:30] | it stalled in the Senate | 该草案阻碍了参议院进程 |
[1:39:31] | when a Pentagon staffer and his lawmakers… | 而此时 五角大楼的职员及其议员 |
[1:39:34] | It’s a bill including a recommendation for a posthumous Medal of Honor | 这项正送往白宫的草案包括了追授 |
[1:39:38] | for William H. Pitsenbarger is now heading to The Oval Office | 威廉·H· 皮森巴格荣誉勋章的提议 |
[1:39:41] | and President Clinton is expected to sign that bill. | 克林顿总统有望签署这项草案 |
[1:39:46] | – Hi. Thank you. Thank you. – Good afternoon, sir. | -谢谢 谢谢 -下午好 长官 |
[1:39:48] | – Thank you. – Thank you. | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[1:39:53] | An airman named Bill Pitsenbarger | 一名叫比尔 皮森巴格的飞行员 |
[1:39:55] | will be awarded the Medal of Honor | 今日将因他在越战中的贡献 |
[1:39:56] | today for his service in Vietnam. | 被授予荣誉奖章 |
[1:39:58] | He gave his country what Abraham Lincoln once called: | 他为他的国家贡献了亚伯拉罕·林肯所称的 |
[1:40:02] | “The last full measure.” | “最后一搏” |
[1:40:13] | I’ll be right back. | 我马上回来 |
[1:40:31] | – It’s good to see you, man. – It’s good to be here. | -见到你很高兴 -很高兴能来这里 |
[1:40:36] | So.. The.. | 话说 |
[1:40:39] | Lady in red behind me, | 我后面那位穿红色衣服的女士 |
[1:40:43] | she is, uh, | 她是 |
[1:40:45] | the address on this letter. | 这封信的收件人 |
[1:41:12] | Bill gave me this. | 比尔把这个给了我 |
[1:41:13] | He asked me to give it to you. | 他让我转交给你 |
[1:41:19] | I’m sorry I took so long. | 很抱歉我拖了这么久 |
[1:41:28] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[1:41:43] | 美国空军 空降救援队 | |
[1:41:45] | Amid the gloom | 在无尽的黑暗 |
[1:41:47] | and waste of war, | 与战争的废墟之中 |
[1:41:49] | we occasionally witness a brief but | 我们偶得一瞥短暂 |
[1:41:53] | brilliant flash of personnel valor | 但辉煌的 战士的英勇荣光 |
[1:41:55] | so radiant it becomes | 那荣光如此耀眼 |
[1:41:57] | impossible to ignore. | 令人无法忽视 |
[1:42:00] | Such is the heroism | 正如威廉·皮森巴格的 |
[1:42:02] | of William Hart Pitsenbarger, | 英勇无畏 |
[1:42:04] | who was moved by higher angels of duty, | 他被更加强烈的使命感 |
[1:42:08] | courage and sacrifice | 勇气和奉献精神所驱使 |
[1:42:10] | to make on behalf of men he did not know | 为着与他素不相识的人民而战 |
[1:42:13] | and a nation that until now did not know his story. | 为着今日才知晓他事迹的国家而战 |
[1:42:16] | The most supreme sacrifice. | 至高无上的奉献精神 |
[1:42:20] | Frank, Alice, | 弗兰克 爱丽丝 |
[1:42:23] | on behalf of the President of the United States of America | 我谨代表美国总统 |
[1:42:27] | in the name of Congress | 以议会之名 |
[1:42:29] | for conspicuous gallantry, | 为其令人瞩目的英勇 |
[1:42:31] | extreme valor and intrepidity, | 极尽的勇气和大无畏 |
[1:42:34] | at the risk of his own life | 以其血肉之躯 |
[1:42:36] | above and beyond the call of duty, | 奔赴使命的召唤 |
[1:42:39] | I award the Medal of Honor | 因此授予空军一等兵 |
[1:42:41] | to airman first class | 威廉 哈特 皮森巴格 |
[1:42:43] | William Hart Pitsenbarger. | 以荣誉勋章 |
[1:43:18] | Alright. | 好了 |
[1:43:20] | Alright, now, this– this isn’t on your program, but | 好了 这不是你们的拍摄内容 不过 |
[1:43:23] | if you could give me just moment more of your time, | 能否给我一点时间 |
[1:43:28] | I’d like to recognize some guys | 我想向一些人致谢 |
[1:43:32] | who are going to hate me for doing it. | 他们可能不愿我这么做 |
[1:43:36] | Now we have with us today some of the veterans of Operation Abilene. | 今天在现场的有一些阿比林行动中的老兵 |
[1:43:42] | Charlie Company, | 查理连队 |
[1:43:43] | Second of the 16th Infantry. | 第16步兵团第二分队 |
[1:43:46] | Now these men were the witnesses to Bill Pitsenbargers heroism | 他们见证了比尔 皮森巴格的英勇表现 |
[1:43:50] | and they’ve worked and worked | 随之为了这一天的到来 |
[1:43:52] | for 32 years | 为之奔波了 |
[1:43:56] | to see this day come. | 三十二年 |
[1:44:02] | Would you honor us, please, | 我们是否有这个荣幸 |
[1:44:04] | by standing | 请你们起立 |
[1:44:06] | and being recognized? | 接受我的谢意 |
[1:44:31] | And with the Airman of Pits’s unit, | 除了皮特部队的飞行员 |
[1:44:34] | The Airspace rescue and recover service, | 领空救援分队人员 |
[1:44:37] | also please stand. | 也请你们起立 |
[1:44:40] | And any other PJ’s from Vietnam, | 还有越战中的其他伞降救援人员 |
[1:44:43] | would you rise? | 请你们起立好吗 |
[1:44:47] | If there are any other US veterans here today, | 如果今天还有其他美国老兵在场 |
[1:44:50] | will you please stand? | 能否请你们起立 |
[1:44:56] | If there are wives or parents here, would you stand? | 如果他们还有妻子或父母 能否起立 |
[1:45:03] | And any children or grand-children, would you join us? | 如果在场有他们的孩子或孙辈 能否起立 |
[1:45:08] | And other friends or family | 还有他们的其他亲友 |
[1:45:10] | anyone who has been touched | 或是被这场 |
[1:45:12] | or moved in any way | 荣誉奖章的授予仪式 |
[1:45:14] | by the actions of this Medal of Honor recipient | 感动或是触动的任何人 |
[1:45:17] | would you also stand? | 能否也请你们起立 |
[1:45:28] | Look around. | 看看周围吧 |
[1:45:31] | This is the power | 这就是一个人的力量 |
[1:45:34] | of what one person can do. | 所能做到的 |
[1:46:39] | Thank you, son. | 谢谢你 孩子 |
[1:46:49] | So you don’t forget us. | 这样你就不会忘了我们 |
[1:46:53] | Thank you. | 谢谢您 |
[1:47:16] | Daddy! | 爸爸 |
[1:47:18] | Hey, little man. | 小家伙 |
[1:47:20] | I’m glad we got to come. | 很高兴我们来了 |
[1:47:21] | Oh, me too. | 我也是 |
[1:47:23] | Where is your mommy? | 妈妈呢 |
[1:47:27] | Looking good in that uniform, Jimmy. | 你穿这身制服真帅 吉米 |
[1:47:32] | This is my son, Luke. | 这是我儿子 卢克 |
[1:47:35] | Nice to meet you, soldier. | 很高兴认识你 士兵 |
[1:47:40] | I wanted to say | 我想说 |
[1:47:44] | I wanted to say thank you. | 我想说谢谢你 |
[1:47:48] | You understand what I’m saying, sir? | 你知道我说的是什么吧 长官 |
[1:47:51] | You’re welcome, Jimmy. | 不用谢 吉米 |
[1:47:54] | But, you really don’t have to call me sir. | 但你不需要叫我长官 |
[1:47:58] | Sure, I do. | 当然需要 |
[1:48:00] | Why is that? | 为什么 |
[1:48:03] | You earned it, sir. | 这是你应得的 长官 |
[1:48:07] | Yeah, you take care now. | 你好好保重 |
[1:48:09] | Because there is a jungle out there. | 外面尽是尔虞我诈 |
[1:48:24] | What’s your name? | 你叫什么 |
[1:48:26] | Luke. | 卢克 |
[1:48:27] | I’m Tommy. | 我叫汤米 |
[1:48:31] | Early on, | 早些时候 |
[1:48:32] | you said | 你说 |
[1:48:34] | there was nothing in this for you. | 这事与你无关 |
[1:49:28] | Of the millions of men and women who served in the American military, | 在美军中服役的百万士兵中 |
[1:49:33] | 3,498 received the medal of honor | 有3498人获得过荣誉勋章 |
[1:49:35] | 18 of them were from the United States Air Force. | 其中有18人来自美国空军 |
[1:49:39] | Three of them were Airmen. | 其中三人是飞行员 |
[1:49:44] | One of them was William Hart Pitsenbarger. | 其中一人是威廉 皮森巴格 |
[1:50:33] | On April 11th 1966, when we took off on that mission, | 1966年4月11日 我们出征时 |
[1:50:38] | Pits made a statement, he said: | 皮特发话了 他说 |
[1:50:42] | “Sir, I don’t feel good about this mission.” | “长官 我对这次任务预感不太好” |
[1:50:45] | They were prepared for us, they knew we were coming. | 他们早有准备 知道我们要来 |
[1:50:48] | They were in ground holes, | 他们在地洞里 |
[1:50:50] | in trees | 树丛间 |
[1:50:51] | in underground and | 在地下 |
[1:50:53] | as we walked they just simply closed the back door. | 我们行进时 他们只是关上了后门 |
[1:50:58] | So they started calling us to help them get out the wounded, | 他们开始叫我们帮他们搬出伤者 |
[1:51:02] | and Pits said let me put me on the ground, I can organize this much better. | 皮特说让我放在地上 他就更好摆放 |
[1:51:06] | I said, I don’t want to lose you, Pits. | 我说 我可不想失去你 皮特 |
[1:51:08] | And it’s hotter than hell down there because the war, and | 因为战争 下面比地狱更热 |
[1:51:10] | fire fights going on all the time, you could hear the stuff. | 一直都在灭火 你能听得见 |
[1:51:13] | So down he went. | 所以他就下去了 |
[1:51:15] | My initial thought when I’d seen him repelling out– | 我看到他从直升机出来 |
[1:51:18] | coming out of the helicopter was | 下来的第一想法是 |
[1:51:20] | “What in the hell this guy is thinking coming down here?” | “这人在想什么才会下到这里来” |
[1:51:24] | There is not a one of us that wouldn’t have left there if we could | 即使我们能离开 我们谁也不会走 |
[1:51:27] | and the only guy that could leave is Pitsenbarger, and he didn’t. | 唯一能离开的就是皮森巴格 但他没有 |
[1:51:30] | Marty Collin was on the ground and he sent for me | 马蒂·科林在地面上 他派人来找我 |
[1:51:34] | because | 因为 |
[1:51:36] | he said “I want somebody to know what Pits did | 他说”我希望有人知道皮特做了什么 |
[1:51:39] | so that he get to reported it back in case I die.” | 这样万一我死了 就有人把这事汇报上去” |
[1:51:42] | At that time Marty had been shot five times. | 那时马蒂已经身中五枪了 |
[1:51:44] | When we found out the next morning | 第二天早晨 |
[1:51:47] | that he had been killed, we were just… | 我们发现他已经身亡时 我们只是 |
[1:51:56] | it was a sad time everybody. | 每个人都很悲伤 |
[1:52:01] | To me, this is one of the most | 于我而言 那是我 |
[1:52:03] | important thing I did as the Secretary of the Air Force. | 作为空军部长做过的最重要的一件事 |
[1:52:06] | Well’ it should have been humbled by itself | 这件事本就是 |
[1:52:08] | It was just a fundamental wrong | 它大错特错 |
[1:52:10] | It was wrong to Bill Pitsenbarger, it was wrong to his family | 对比尔 皮森巴格不公平 对他的家人不公平 |
[1:52:12] | wrong to the airmen who supported him. | 对支持他的飞行员们不公平 |
[1:52:15] | And when we think about it was extraordinary to | 当我们想到有人为之 |
[1:52:17] | have people worked for it over 30 years | 奔波了30多年来达成目标 |
[1:52:20] | to get this done. | 于我们而言意义非凡 |
[1:52:21] | I mean, these people had their own | 这些人有自己的生活 |
[1:52:22] | lives, wives, children, grand children. | 妻子 孩子 孙辈 |
[1:52:25] | And this was a passion for them, | 这是他们的热情所在 |
[1:52:27] | and I just thought that was extraordinary. | 我只是觉得这非同寻常 |
[1:52:29] | And I just, I felt | 我只是觉得 |
[1:52:31] | and I ordered to Pits. | 是我指挥的皮特 |
[1:52:33] | Not just myself, there were other people who feels the same way, | 不只是我 其他人也有同感 |
[1:52:37] | specially our whole crew. | 尤其是我们的队伍 |
[1:52:39] | We owe it to him. | 这是我们欠他的 |
[1:52:42] | Bill’s blood is mixed with ours forever. | 比尔的血永远和我们的融合在一起 |
[1:52:45] | I mean, he is our brother. | 他是我们的兄弟 |