时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | ♪ I adore being dressed in something frilly ♪ | ♪ 我喜欢穿着带褶边的衣服 ♪ |
[00:10] | ♪ When my date comes to get me at my place ♪ | ♪ 当我的约会对象来找我的时候 ♪ |
[00:15] | ♪ Out I go with my Joe or John or Billy ♪ | ♪ 跟我的乔 约翰 比利一起外出 ♪ |
[00:19] | ♪ Like a filly who is ready at the race ♪ | ♪ 就像一个准备参加比赛的小姑娘 ♪ |
[00:23] | ♪ When I have a brand-new hairdo ♪ | ♪ 当我剪了一个全新的发型 ♪ |
[00:27] | ♪ With my eyelashes all in curls ♪ | ♪ 睫毛卷翘 ♪ |
[00:31] | ♪ I float as the clouds on air do ♪ | ♪ 我如空中的云朵一样轻快 ♪ |
[00:35] | ♪ I enjoy being a girl ♪ | ♪ 我喜欢做一个女生 ♪ |
[00:39] | ♪ When men say I’m cute… ♪ | ♪ 当男人夸奖我很漂亮的时候 ♪ |
[00:41] | – Good morning, ladies. – Eighth floor, please. | – 女士们 早上好 – 八楼 谢谢 |
[00:43] | – Third floor, please. – Fifth for me. | – 三楼 谢谢 – 我是五楼 |
[00:45] | Thank you, ladies. | 谢谢你们 女士们 |
[00:48] | – You make it look easy. – Ma’am? | – 你看起来游刃有余 – 女士 |
[00:51] | Operating the elevator, like it’s second nature. | 电梯操作的可真驾轻就熟啊 |
[00:53] | Yes, ma’am. | 没错 女士 |
[00:54] | Although I’m sure it’s way more complicated than it looks, | 虽然我确信实际会复杂的多 |
[00:56] | – a testament to your skill. – Third floor. | – 正好证明你的能力 – 三楼到了 |
[01:00] | ♪ I drool over dresses made of lace ♪ | ♪ 我对用蕾丝做的衣服垂涎三尺 ♪ |
[01:04] | ♪ I talk on the telephone… ♪ | ♪ 我在电话里 ♪ |
[01:06] | Good job. | 干得不错 |
[01:07] | So, how do you like working for B. Altman? | 你在奥尔特曼房产工作了多久 |
[01:09] | Well, I’ve been here for 16 years. | 已经工作了16年了 |
[01:11] | A ringing endorsement. | 值得认可 |
[01:12] | How many times a day do you think that you open this… | 你觉得你一天要开多少次电梯门 |
[01:14] | Fifth floor. | 五楼 |
[01:15] | Ooh, that’s me. Smooth as silk. | 我到了 电梯平滑如丝 |
[01:18] | Thank you, Darren. | 谢谢你 达伦 |
[01:20] | Love the outfit. | 喜欢你的服装 |
[01:22] | ♪ Who’ll enjoy being a guy ♪ | ♪ 我会喜欢做一个 ♪ |
[01:28] | ♪ Having a girl ♪ | ♪ 有女朋友的男生 ♪ |
[01:31] | ♪ Like… ♪ | ♪ 就像 ♪ |
[01:33] | Good to see you again, Frank. Take care. | 很高兴再次见到你 弗兰克 走好 |
[01:35] | Mrs. Maisel. | 麦瑟尔夫人 |
[01:37] | Beautiful printing. | 印刷精美 |
[01:39] | I’ve got a pretty mean cursive, too. | 我的手写体也很出色 |
[01:41] | Brearley and Bryn Mawr, I have no doubt. | 曾就读布莱丽和布林茅尔 毫不怀疑 |
[01:43] | So, you’re prepping for Christmas? | 你在为圣诞节做准备吗 |
[01:45] | The display department always likes to get a nice jump. | 展览部总喜欢先发制人 |
[01:48] | Never too early to scout for Santas. | 寻找圣诞老人永远不晚 |
[01:50] | Lots of jolly choices out there. | 有很多有意思的选择 |
[01:52] | We screen them fresh every year. | 我们每年都会更新 |
[01:53] | Make sure they’re still plump, still personable, still sober. | 确保它们内容丰满 个性十足 庄严稳重 |
[01:57] | So much to think about. | 要考虑的太多了 |
[01:58] | So, you majored in Russian Literature. | 你主修俄罗斯文学吗 |
[01:59] | With a minor in Education. For a split second, | 辅修教育学 有一段时间 |
[02:02] | I thought about being a grammar school teacher. | 我想成为一名文法学校老师 |
[02:03] | – What happened? – I met some grammar school kids. | – 后来呢 – 我见识了些文法学校的孩子 |
[02:08] | No, seriously, I married straight out of college | 开玩笑的 我大学刚毕业就结婚了 |
[02:09] | and had children of my own. Two, actually. | 有了自己的孩子 其实是两个 |
[02:11] | Started my own grammar school, if you will. | 也可以说是开了一个自己的文法学校 |
[02:13] | And you’re here for our elevator operator position? | 你在这应聘一个电梯运营员的职位吗 |
[02:16] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[02:17] | We usually hire men for that job. | 我们一般会雇佣男性 |
[02:19] | The ad didn’t say. | 招聘广告可没说 |
[02:21] | I just think that our lady shoppers | 我只是觉得我们的女顾客 |
[02:23] | – prefer men in the position. – I get that. | – 更愿意这个职位是男人 -我知道 |
[02:25] | Not a lot of practical work experience | 你的简历上也没有很多 |
[02:27] | on your résumé, either. | 实际工作经验 |
[02:28] | But lots of volunteer work. | 但是有很多志愿者工作 |
[02:29] | It’s all listed there. I was a candy striper. | 都列出来了 我是医院护士的少年志愿助手 |
[02:31] | And in high school, I helped raise money | 在高中 我为一个体操项目的开展 |
[02:33] | to start a gymnastics program, the Zion Orphanage in Jerusalem. | 募捐筹款 耶路撒冷的锡安孤儿院 |
[02:35] | – Raised $700. – Impressive. | – 筹集了700美元 – 令人钦佩 |
[02:37] | Lots of little Jews tumbling around because of me. | 很多小犹太人因为我 生活发生了天翻地覆的变化 |
[02:39] | Mrs. Maisel, you are a very delightful woman, | 麦瑟尔夫人 你是一个非常讨人喜欢的女士 |
[02:42] | but I’m not sure that being an elevator operator | 不过我觉得电梯运营员 |
[02:45] | is the right fit for you. I’m sorry. | 可能不适合你 很抱歉 |
[02:47] | But I-I have such a passion for it. | 但是我对它有很大的热情 |
[02:49] | I grew up with one in my building, | 我在我房子里的电梯运营员陪伴下长大 |
[02:51] | my sweet Jerry, | 我亲爱的杰里 |
[02:52] | So, in a way, I feel as if my whole life | 某种意义上说 我感觉我的全部生命 |
[02:54] | – has been leading up to this. – Your whole life? | – 都引导我走向这个职位 – 你的全部生命 |
[02:56] | And I really hit it off with Darren on the way up. | 而且我在上来的时候真的和达伦一拍即合 |
[02:58] | Lots of informative shoptalk. | 很多有用的职业用语 |
[02:59] | Darren is very personable. | 达伦很受欢迎 |
[03:01] | And the uniform. Picture me in that hat | 还有那身制服 想象一下我戴着帽子 |
[03:02] | and the coat with a tapered waist. I mean, come on. | 穿着那身外套 扭着水蛇腰 简直了 |
[03:05] | Thank you for coming in. | 感谢你的到来 |
[03:08] | Les Tarlow. | 莱斯 塔罗 |
[03:10] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[03:15] | Ho, ho, ho. | 嚯 嚯 嚯 |
[03:19] | Ho, ho, ho! | 嚯 嚯 嚯 |
[03:23] | Ho, ho, ho. Merry Christmas! | 嚯 嚯 嚯 圣诞节快乐 |
[03:27] | I just go through periods where nothing looks good. | 我正处于看什么都不好看的阶段 |
[03:29] | Well, that’s not true and you know it. | 那不是真的 你知道的 |
[03:30] | I guess I can just stick with red. | 我觉得我坚持推荐红色 |
[03:31] | Can’t go too wrong there. | 错误至极 |
[03:33] | Well, you could try a dark pink lipstick, too. | 你也可以试一下深粉色唇膏 |
[03:34] | That might work better with the pink you picked for your rouge. | 如果你想选口红的话粉色更合适一些 |
[03:37] | Please. I just worked up the courage to wear red | 拜托 我刚刚鼓起勇气涂红色 |
[03:39] | in a vain attempt to look like Leslie Caron in Gigi. | 徒劳地想模仿金粉世界里的莱斯利 卡伦 |
[03:42] | Red works great with pink. | 红色和粉色很搭 |
[03:43] | Pardon me? | 请再说一遍 |
[03:45] | And it’s terrific with your complexion. | 对你的肤色极其适合 |
[03:47] | You have some natural rosiness. Just be sure to pick a tone | 你皮肤天生有点蔷薇色 只要选一种 |
[03:49] | that doesn’t augment that too much. | 不会太冲撞的色调即可 |
[03:51] | – Keep it subtle. – I like subtle. | – 保持独创性 – 我喜欢独创性 |
[03:53] | That’s Raven Red. | 那是黑红色 |
[03:55] | Try Cherries in the Snow. | 试一下柜台里的樱桃色 |
[03:56] | That’ll get you close to Caron. | 那会让你看起来很像卡伦 |
[03:57] | I like that. | 我喜欢 |
[03:58] | – A lot. – I do, too. | – 特别喜欢 – 我也是 |
[04:00] | You’re a dream. Both of you. | 你们像梦幻一样美好 你们两个 |
[04:02] | Thank you. Give me three of these. | 谢谢你 给我来3支 |
[04:04] | I’ll meet you down at the register, Mrs. Stapleton. | 我去帮你登记一下 斯泰普尔顿夫人 |
[04:07] | Wonderful. | 好极了 |
[04:11] | Wow. What is your name? | 哇哦 你叫什么呢 |
[04:13] | Midge Maisel. | 米琪 麦瑟尔 |
[04:14] | Mary Petrusca. | 玛丽 皮特斯卡 |
[04:15] | You should get my commission. | 我应该给你佣金 |
[04:16] | – No. – Really. | – 不用了 – 说真的 |
[04:22] | How about the makeup counter? | 化妆柜台怎么样 |
[04:29] | – Good morning, Mr. Weissman. – Good morning, Zelda. | – 早上好 韦斯曼先生- 早上好 塞尔达 |
[04:31] | Listen, I have a faculty meeting this morning, | 我今天早上有个教授会议 |
[04:32] | and Zed Lieberman will drone on and on again, | 泽德 利伯曼不停地在我耳边说话 |
[04:35] | repetitiously, unendingly. | 反反复复 永无止境 |
[04:37] | – Do you understand? – Zed Lieberman is boring. | – 你理解吗 -泽德 利伯曼很无聊 |
[04:39] | So I need a copious amount of coffee to keep me awake. | 所以我需要大量的咖啡保持清醒 |
[04:42] | – In a thermos? – A thermos? No, not a thermos. | – 在保温瓶里吗 -保温瓶 不 不要保温瓶 |
[04:44] | Zelda, right now, just a big, strong cup. | 塞尔达 现在 只要一大杯浓咖啡 |
[04:47] | Yes, Mr. Weissman. | 好的 韦斯曼先生 |
[04:49] | Morning, Mama. Morning, Papa. | 早上好 妈妈 早上好 爸爸 |
[04:51] | – Aha. – Mwah. Morning, Zelda. | -啊哈 – 早上好 塞尔达 |
[04:54] | Good morning, Miss Miriam. Would you like some coffee? | 早上好 米里亚姆小姐 你想来点咖啡吗 |
[04:56] | I’ll just grab some on the street. | 我在街上随便吃了点 |
[04:57] | Can you watch the kids today? I’m home by 5:00. | 你今天能帮忙带小孩吗 我五点到家 |
[04:59] | Of course. Where are you off to in such a rush? | 当然可以 你急着去哪 |
[05:01] | I’m going to work. | 我要去工作 |
[05:04] | What? | 什么 |
[05:05] | I got a job. | 我得到了一份工作 |
[05:06] | Why? | 为什么 |
[05:07] | I need money. My own money, with no strings. | 我需要钱 我自己的钱 无附加条件的钱 |
[05:10] | – Strings? – Part-time for now, | – 附加 – 现在还是兼职 |
[05:11] | but I’ll have an employee review in one month, | 不过一个月后我会有员工评估 |
[05:13] | and if they like my performance, | 如果他们喜欢我的表现 |
[05:14] | I will be a full-time makeup counter girl at B. Altman. | 我就是奥特曼房产全职化妆柜台销售员了 |
[05:28] | – You got a job? – Yes. | – 你找了一份工作 – 没错 |
[05:30] | – You have no résumé. – They hired me anyway. | – 你连简历都没有 – 可他们录用我了 |
[05:32] | – Do you know how to type? – I don’t need to. | – 你知道怎么打字吗 – 我不需要知道 |
[05:35] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:41] | I told you to study something practical in college. | 我早就告诉你在大学要学点实用性的东西 |
[05:44] | – I remember that. – Russian literature was not that thing. | – 我记得 – 俄罗斯文学可一点都不实用 |
[05:46] | I know. | 我知道 |
[05:48] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[05:51] | – And it’s five days a week? – Yes. | – 每周工作5天 – 是的 |
[05:53] | – If it rains, you still have to go in. – I figured. | – 如果下雨了你还是要去上班 – 我了解 |
[05:56] | – And you know how to get there? – By multiple routes. | – 你知道怎么去吗 – 有很多路线 |
[05:59] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:02] | – And they’re paying you? – Yes. | – 他们给你报酬吗 – 是的 |
[06:03] | – In money? – Yes. | – 是钱吗 – 是的 |
[06:05] | – By check? – Every two weeks. | – 用支票吗 – 两周一次 |
[06:06] | – You’ll need a bank account. – I have a bank account. | – 你需要一个银行账户 – 我有一个银行账户 |
[06:07] | – Checking and savings? – Yep. | – 支付和储蓄吗 – 对 |
[06:09] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:13] | Your mother can’t watch the kids every day. | 你妈妈不能每天照看孩子们 |
[06:14] | Mrs. Fulber will watch them when she can’t. | 富尔贝太太会照看他们的 |
[06:16] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:21] | – Mrs. Fulber? – Yep. | – 富尔贝夫人 – 对 |
[06:22] | -The one that used to babysit you? – The one and the same. | – 过去照看过你的人吗 – 同一个人 |
[06:25] | She’s still alive? | 她还活着吗 |
[06:27] | I think so. | 应该活着 |
[06:28] | I’ll be damned. | 该死的 |
[06:30] | – Zelda, I’ll need my coffee… – Your thermos, Mr. Weissman. | – 塞尔达 我需要我的咖啡 – 你的保温杯 韦斯曼先生 |
[06:33] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[06:38] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[06:42] | ♪ It isn’t enough to hope ♪ | ♪ 希望还不够 ♪ |
[06:45] | ♪ It isn’t enough to dream ♪ | ♪ 梦想还不够 ♪ |
[06:48] | ♪ It isn’t enough to plot and plan and scheme ♪ | ♪ 策划 计划 设计还不够 |
[06:52] | ♪ It isn’t enough to stand here ♪ | ♪ 站在这里还不够 ♪ |
[06:54] | ♪ Saying that life is grand here ♪ | ♪ 在这里歌唱生活的伟大 ♪ |
[06:55] | ♪ Waiting for something… ♪ | ♪ 等待 ♪ |
[06:56] | – Good morning, Jerry. – Good morning, Mrs. Maisel. | – 杰里 早上好 – 早上好 麦瑟尔夫人 |
[06:58] | ♪ It isn’t enough to sit here ♪ | ♪ 坐在这里还不够 ♪ |
[07:00] | ♪ Having a purple fit here ♪ | ♪ 有华美的衣裳 ♪ |
[07:02] | ♪ Worried to death the world will burn up ♪ | ♪ 担心死亡 世界将会燃烧殆尽 ♪ |
[07:06] | Guess where I’m going, Jerry. | 杰里 猜猜我去哪 |
[07:09] | ♪ It isn’t enough… ♪ | ♪ 还不够 ♪ |
[07:10] | Doctor? | 看医生吗 |
[07:11] | Nope. I’m going to work. | 不 我要去工作 |
[07:14] | Work? | 工作 |
[07:16] | ♪ I’ve got a better scheme ♪ | ♪ 我有一个更好的计划 ♪ |
[07:19] | ♪ Why not wish upon a wishbone ♪ | ♪ 为什么不期待许愿 ♪ |
[07:22] | ♪ Pick a four-leaf clover ♪ | ♪ 拾起一株幸运四叶草 ♪ |
[07:23] | ♪ Rub a rabbit’s foot ♪ | ♪ 轻触兔子的脚 ♪ |
[07:25] | ♪ And throw a horseshoe over ♪ | ♪ 扔一个马蹄铁 ♪ |
[07:27] | ♪ Your lucky shoulder ♪ | ♪ 你幸运的肩膀 ♪ |
[07:31] | Ladies’ break room? | 女士们的休息室在哪 |
[07:32] | Right in there. | 就在那 |
[07:34] | ♪ A bit of luck will come your way ♪ | ♪ 幸运会降临到你的身边 ♪ |
[07:37] | ♪ Now, isn’t that enough ♪ | ♪ 现在 还不够 ♪ |
[07:39] | ♪ To make your day? ♪ | ♪ 让你的生活变得更好 ♪ |
[07:50] | Really? You’re one of us now? | 真的吗 你现在是我们中的一员了吗 |
[07:52] | Makeup department. First day. | 化妆部门 第一天 |
[07:55] | Mary, right? | 玛丽 对吗 |
[07:56] | – I’m Midge. – I remember. | – 我是米琪 -我记得 |
[07:57] | Grab any empty locker. | 随便用一个空柜 |
[07:59] | – I’m in love. – Who now? | – 我爱上了一个人 – 现在 谁 |
[08:00] | The new guy in men’s hosiery. | 在男性针织品类工作的那个人 |
[08:02] | – What hap… – He looks like William Holden. | – 发生了什么 – 他看起来像威廉 霍尔登 |
[08:03] | What happened to Montgomery Clift in shoes? | 卖鞋的那个蒙哥马利 克利夫特呢 |
[08:05] | – I’m off him. -She just broke up with Ernest Borgnine last week. | – 我要甩了他 – 她上周才和欧内斯特 博格宁分手 |
[08:09] | I’m done with loading dock guys. | 我受够了装卸工人 |
[08:11] | I’m Vivian. This your first day? | 我是薇薇安 你第一天上班吗 |
[08:13] | Midge. Yes. First day. | 我是米琪 是的 第一天 |
[08:14] | Do you like the movies? I go every night. | 你喜欢看电影吗 我每晚都去看 |
[08:16] | I do like the movies. | 我也很喜欢看电影 |
[08:18] | Be my friend. I need people to go with. | 做我朋友吧 我想有人做伴一起看 |
[08:20] | – I’ll be your friend. – You bring a lock? | – 我会做你的朋友 – 你带锁了吗 |
[08:22] | – For what? – Thieves run rampant. | – 带锁干嘛 – 小偷猖狂啊 |
[08:24] | Someone stole my lunch last week. | 上周有人偷了我的午餐 |
[08:26] | Just an egg salad sandwich, but I got really mad. | 只是一个鸡蛋沙拉三明治 但我真的很气愤 |
[08:29] | – Then I need to get a lock. – Put your stuff in mine today. | – 那我得去买把锁了 – 你今天先把东西放我柜子里吧 |
[08:32] | Thanks, Mary. | 谢了 玛丽 |
[08:34] | That’s smart. | 这么做真聪明 |
[08:35] | – We are on our feet all day. – You’ll learn. | – 我们得站一天啊 – 你会体会到的 |
[08:39] | Doors open in five minutes, girls! | 五分钟后开门营业 女孩们 |
[08:42] | – Mrs. O’Toole. – Our mother hen. | – 奥图尔夫人 – 我们的领班 |
[08:44] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[08:48] | Remember, Midge: | 记住了 米琪 |
[08:50] | Always be on time… | 永远准时到 |
[08:52] | always be polite… | 永远待人有礼 |
[08:54] | always be pretty… | 永远妆容精致 |
[08:55] | and… | 还有 |
[08:57] | don’t forget to punch. | 别忘了打卡 |
[09:07] | Fun. | 有意思 |
[09:30] | So, there are a couple of jerks to steer clear of. | 你要避开这里的一些蠢货 |
[09:31] | – Van Heflin in housewares. – She’s not gonna know | – 日用品部的范 赫夫林 – 如果你一直 |
[09:34] | who they are if you keep using movie star names. | 用电影明星的名字来称呼 她怎么对得上号 |
[09:35] | The boys in toys. | 玩具部的男孩 |
[09:37] | Super grabby. | 超级贪心 |
[09:38] | Camera department… They’ll make you shudder. | 相机部呢 他们会让你摄摄发抖 |
[09:41] | – That’s funny. – That was my joke. | – 这很有趣 – 那是我的段子 |
[09:43] | Tell her that was my joke. | 告诉她这是我的段子 |
[09:44] | Another compadre, Harriet Owens. | 另一个伙伴 哈丽特 欧文斯 |
[09:47] | She services our dark-complexioned clientele. | 她负责服务我们的黑人客户 |
[09:49] | She is one of us. Midge Maisel. | 她是新加入我们的 米琪 麦瑟尔 |
[09:51] | – Nice to meet you. – Harriet’s a model. | – 很高兴认识你 – 哈丽特是个模特 |
[09:53] | – Aspiring. – Neat. Runway? | – 正在努力 – 真棒 走秀的那种吗 |
[09:55] | Not with this skin. | 黑皮肤可上不了T台 |
[09:56] | She’s been in Ebony magazine | 她上过乌木杂志 |
[09:57] | a million times, looking like Lena Horne. | 很多次 看起来就像莲纳 荷恩 |
[09:59] | Eight times. And looking to expand. | 八次而已 还很想再上几次 |
[10:04] | Doors are opening! | 开门营业了 |
[10:08] | That’s probably what she says before having sex. | 大概她做爱前也这么说 |
[10:11] | – The new girl? – Yes, ma’am. | – 新来的 – 是的 夫人 |
[10:13] | Learn the store. | 去了解商场的布局 |
[10:15] | I will. Yes. | 我会的 |
[10:18] | Agnes Moorehead. | 像阿格妮丝 摩尔海德 |
[10:19] | How did I miss that? | 我怎么会没看出来 |
[10:21] | I’ll give you a map to learn the store. It’s a snap. | 我会给你一张地图让你了解商场的布局 小菜一碟 |
[10:24] | My husband loved Agnes Moorehead. | 我丈夫曾经很喜欢阿格妮丝 摩尔海德 |
[10:26] | – Loved? Dead? – Sad. | – 曾经 他死了吗 – 真惨 |
[10:27] | No, he left me. We’re separated. | 不是 他离开我了 我们离婚了 |
[10:29] | – Separated? – Like Liz Taylor! | – 离婚了 – 就像伊丽莎白 泰勒 |
[10:31] | – Sad. – And I’ve got two kids; Oldest is almost four. | – 真惨 – 我们还有两个孩子 大的快四岁了 |
[10:34] | – And you work. Modern. – Sad. | – 而你还工作 真时髦 – 真惨 |
[10:37] | You ready to do this? | 你准备好上班了吗 |
[10:38] | Good a time as any. | 随时可以开始 |
[10:40] | Hi. My name is Miriam. | 你好 我是米里亚姆 |
[10:42] | How can I help you today? | 我可以帮您做些什么 |
[10:43] | Men’s shoes… Fourth floor, southeast side. | 男鞋 在四楼东南角 |
[10:47] | Hi-fi systems… Eighth floor… | 音响系统 在八楼 |
[10:50] | left of the elevators. | 电梯左手边 |
[10:53] | Right. Okay, it’s hi-fI systems right of the elevators. | 右边 好的 音响系统在电梯右手边 |
[10:56] | Cookware… fifth floor. | 厨具 在五楼 |
[10:58] | Maternity… | 母婴用品 |
[10:59] | third floor. | 在三楼 |
[11:11] | My feet hurt. | 我的脚好疼 |
[11:12] | – Miriam? – Gonna bring flats tomorrow. | – 米里亚姆 – 明天得带双平底鞋了 |
[11:15] | Hi, baby. | 嗨 小宝贝 |
[11:18] | – That’s the key. Flats. – For what? | – 平底鞋是关键 – 要平底鞋干嘛 |
[11:20] | – For what? For work. – You work? | – 要平底鞋干嘛 工作需要啊 – 你工作吗 |
[11:23] | Yes, Mama, you knew that. | 是的 妈妈 你知道的 |
[11:25] | – I told you this morning. – That’s right. | – 我今早告诉你了 – 记起来了 |
[11:26] | I’m going out with some friends tonight. Mrs. Fulber can take the kids. | 我今晚要和几个朋友出去 富尔伯太太会帮我看着孩子 |
[11:29] | – I’ll get them when I come home. – That sounds fine. | – 我回家的时候再接他们回来 – 听起来不错 |
[11:33] | – Something wrong? – What would be wrong? | – 有什么问题吗 – 怎么会有问题 |
[11:38] | I got you something. | 我带了点东西给你 |
[11:40] | You never have to get me anything. | 你不需要给我买什么 |
[11:42] | I wanted to get you something. | 我想给你买点东西 |
[11:50] | What is that? | 这是什么 |
[11:52] | It’s lipstick. I thought you’d like it. | 口红 我觉得你会喜欢的 |
[11:54] | – Where did you get it? -My job. At the makeup counter. At work. | – 你从哪拿来的 – 我上班那 在化妆品柜台 我的工作 |
[11:57] | Yes, that. | 这样啊 |
[11:59] | It went well, my first day. | 第一天很顺利 |
[12:03] | It’s a brand new color. | 这是全新的色号 |
[12:05] | It’s not officially released till the end of the week. | 要到这周末才正式上市 |
[12:08] | So I’m a guinea pig. | 所以我是小白鼠了 |
[12:09] | No. You’re the first woman in New York to have it. | 不 你是纽约第一个拥有它的女人 |
[12:11] | And it’s pretty, and I thought of you. | 这颜色很漂亮 我就想到了你 |
[12:13] | Yeah, you don’t like what I wear now. | 是啊 你不喜欢我现在涂的色号 |
[12:15] | No, I like it a lot. | 不 我很喜欢 |
[12:16] | I think it looks nice. | 我觉得现在的看起来不错 |
[12:18] | So do I. | 我也觉得 |
[12:20] | This smells funny. | 这闻起来怪怪的 |
[12:21] | But thank you. | 但还是谢谢你 |
[12:26] | You are very welcome. | 完全不用客气 |
[12:37] | ♪ Did you hear what they did at the WPA? ♪ | ♪ 你听说他们在公共事业振兴署做了什么吗 ♪ |
[12:41] | ♪ When the banks went belly up, and the jobs all went away ♪ | ♪ 当银行破产 所有工作都没了 ♪ |
[12:44] | ♪ They reinvested in America ♪ | ♪ 他们重新在美国投资 ♪ |
[12:47] | ♪ They put the poor to work at honest pay ♪ | ♪ 他们给穷人提供薪水不错的工作 ♪ |
[12:51] | ♪ They built dams and roads and bridges ♪ | ♪ 他们兴建水坝 道路和桥梁 ♪ |
[12:54] | ♪ Things that we still use today ♪ | ♪ 都是我们今天仍在使用的设施 ♪ |
[12:59] | ♪ Did you hear what they did at the WPA? ♪ | ♪ 你听说他们在公共事业振兴署做了什么吗 ♪ |
[13:03] | ♪ When speculators drove the market into New York Bay ♪ | ♪ 当投机者把市场引进了纽约湾 ♪ |
[13:07] | ♪ They gave a corps of citizens a place to go ♪ | ♪ 他们给市民提供了一个好去处 ♪ |
[13:09] | ♪ With a chance to make some hay… ♪ | ♪ 能有机会去赚点 ♪ |
[13:11] | – Hey. – Hi. Nice crowd. | – 嗨 – 嗨 人挺多啊 |
[13:12] | Take a gander. | 来看看 |
[13:14] | My business cards. | 我的名片 |
[13:15] | Got them up to a nice round 30. | 加起来一共有30张 |
[13:16] | – Let me see. – Hey, are your hands clean? | – 我看看 – 嘿 你的手干净吗 |
[13:18] | – Yeah. – I don’t want smudges. | – 当然 – 我不想弄脏它 |
[13:20] | Yeah. You smudged it. | 好了 你弄脏它了 |
[13:22] | – Now I got a nice round 29. Thanks. -Sorry. | – 现在我只有29张了 谢谢你啊 – 对不起 |
[13:25] | Well, these are gonna be obsolete soon, anyway. | 不管怎么样 这些很快就会没用了 |
[13:27] | – Do you want to know why? – Yes. Why? | – 你想知道为什么吗 – 想 为什么 |
[13:30] | I’m getting a phone. | 我要有自己的电话了 |
[13:32] | Don’t lie to me. | 别骗我 |
[13:33] | No shit, I’m getting a phone. | 不骗你 我要有电话了 |
[13:35] | Welcome to the 20th century. | 欢迎来到二十世纪 |
[13:37] | Yeah. Then, I’ll put my phone number on the card. | 没错 然后我要把我的电话号码写在名片上 |
[13:39] | My-my typewriter’s missing its three, eight, nine, | 我的打字机打不出三 八和九 |
[13:41] | so I just got to be sure the number doesn’t have | 所以我只要确保我的电话号码里 |
[13:43] | – a three, eight or a nine in it. – Seems doable. | – 没有三 八或九 – 似乎可行 |
[13:46] | It’s gonna have an answering service. | 我的电话还会有接听电话服务 |
[13:49] | And some chatty broad’s gonna know all my shit. | 然后我所有屁事就掌握在某个话多的婆娘手里了 |
[13:51] | It’s gonna cost me a fortune, but it’ll be worth it. | 这虽然要花掉我一大笔钱 但很值得 |
[13:53] | “Susie Myerson’s office.” | “这里是苏西 梅耶森的办公室” |
[13:56] | “Yes, may I speak with Susie Myerson, please?” | “你好 麻烦让苏西 梅耶森接电话可以吗 |
[13:58] | “It-It’s about some very important, show-related business.” | 这是关于一些很重要的 演出相关的生意” |
[14:01] | “She’s not in at the moment, so go fuck yourself.” | “她现在不在 滚一边去吧” |
[14:04] | You might want to soften that a little. | 你的语气可能要再温和一点 |
[14:06] | Yeah, but pretty cool, huh? | 是 但是很酷对吧 |
[14:08] | “Susie Myerson’s office.” | “这里是苏西 梅耶森的办公室” |
[14:10] | “Susie Myerson and Associates.” | “苏西 梅耶森联合办公室” |
[14:12] | – What? – Thinking big, right? | – 什么 – 目光长远 不是吗 |
[14:14] | Yeah. I’m thinking big. | 没错 我要目光长远 |
[14:15] | All right, thank you, Ethan Carter and his combo! | 好的 十分感谢 伊森 卡特和他的爵士乐队 |
[14:20] | Well, that was almost palatable. | 刚才的演出十分精彩 |
[14:22] | Now, get your stuff off and we’ll bring on the next act. | 现在 把你们的装备拿下台 让我们有请下一个表演者 |
[14:26] | Okay. It’s gonna be a comedian. | 好的 要上场的是一位喜剧演员 |
[14:28] | So hang tight, everybody, and get ready to laugh. | 所以坐稳了各位 一起踏上欢乐之旅 |
[14:31] | You good to go? | 你准备好了吗 |
[14:32] | God, yeah. | 当然 |
[14:33] | Started my new job today. | 我今天刚开始我的新工作 |
[14:35] | It was crazy. | 太疯狂了 |
[14:36] | So many stories. I hung out with these young girls, cute as buttons. | 太多故事可以讲了 我和那些娇小可爱的年轻女孩们出去玩了 |
[14:40] | And the customers, they were hysterical. | 还有那些顾客 个个都很搞笑 |
[14:42] | Great. You want to run it by me? A little, practice run? | 很好啊 你想先讲给我听听吗 稍微排练一下 |
[14:44] | No. I don’t want to get stale. | 不要 我不想上台炒旧饭 |
[14:46] | So, “Miriam,” right? | 所以 你是米里亚姆 对吗 |
[14:47] | Yes, but I’ll be using a nom de plume. | 是的 但我会用一个艺名 |
[14:50] | – A nom de what? – Nom de plume. | – 叫什么 – 艺名 |
[14:52] | – Sounds like a sex toy. – Yeah, like it goes up | – 听起来像一个情趣玩具 – 没错 感觉就像 |
[14:54] | – your ass or something. – It’s a fake name. | – 它要插你屁股里之类的 – 这就是个假名 |
[14:56] | I-I don’t want to use my real name. | 我 我不想用我的真名 |
[14:58] | Fine, then give me your fake name. | 好吧 那给我你的假名 |
[14:59] | Well, now I can’t think of one. | 我现在还没想好 |
[15:02] | F-Fanny, I guess. | 范 范妮吧 |
[15:04] | And the last name? | 姓什么 |
[15:05] | Brice. | 布莱斯 |
[15:06] | – “Fanny Brice”? – That’s taken. | – 范妮 布莱斯吗 – 有人用了 |
[15:08] | Then Fanny Jones. | 那就范妮 琼斯 |
[15:10] | Fanny Jone… that is a terrible name. | 范妮 琼斯 这个名字真难听 |
[15:11] | Yeah, like you put zero thought into it. | 没错 就像你没有用心一样 |
[15:13] | Jackie, please, just make up a last name for me. | 杰基 拜托 就瞎编一个姓给我吧 |
[15:15] | – I’ll come up with a permanent one. – Okay. | – 我之后再想一个固定的 – 好吧 |
[15:18] | OKAY, I REPEAT: I like your real name. | 好吧 我重申 我喜欢你的真名 |
[15:19] | I don’t want to use my real name. | 我不想用我的真名 |
[15:21] | Hey, your call. | 你说了算 |
[15:23] | All right, give it up for a very funny lady, | 好了 掌声欢迎这位非常有趣的女士 |
[15:26] | whose name you’re gonna want to remember. | 你们会想记住她名字的 |
[15:28] | Fanny Midge. | 范妮 米琪 |
[15:32] | Thank you, everybody. | 谢谢大家 |
[15:36] | That’s very nice of you, seeing as how I haven’t done anything yet. | 你们真是太好了 看在我还什么都没做的份上 |
[15:41] | So. | 所以 |
[15:42] | I started work today. | 我今天开始上班了 |
[15:44] | A new job. | 一个新工作 |
[15:45] | And it was crazy. | 也很疯狂 |
[15:48] | Super crazy. I’m-I’m a makeup counter girl | 超级疯狂 我 我是贝奥曼公司的 |
[15:50] | at B. Altman. Who here’s been to B. Altman? | 一个化妆品柜台导购 谁去过贝奥曼 |
[15:53] | No one? | 没人吗 |
[15:54] | Really? Or is-is there one person? I c… | 真的吗 还是有一个人 我 |
[15:56] | This spotlight is so bright, I can’t see a thing. | 这个聚光灯太亮了 我看不清 |
[15:59] | Blinding. Co… | 要瞎了 能 |
[16:01] | Maybe, just… | 或许 |
[16:04] | Well, B. Altman is a department store. | 贝奥曼是一家百货公司 |
[16:07] | But I think my favorite thing I did today… | 但我觉得今天所做的事里 我最喜欢的是 |
[16:08] | And this is gonna sound weird… | 虽然这听起来有点奇怪 |
[16:10] | Was punching in on the time clar… | 是在打卡宗上打卡 |
[16:14] | “Time Clark.” | “打卡宗” |
[16:15] | What is wrong with my mouth? | 我的嘴巴怎么了 |
[16:16] | “Time clock.” | “打卡钟” |
[16:19] | Punching in was just kind of a real | 把卡插进去的时候真的有种 |
[16:22] | powerful feeling, you know? | 力量感 |
[16:23] | You know, the-the feel of it. | 那种感觉 |
[16:26] | The sound of it. | 那种声音 |
[16:27] | M-My interview for the job was another thing. | 而我去应聘就是另一回事了 |
[16:30] | They were already getting ready for Christmas. | 他们已经在准备过圣诞节了 |
[16:32] | It’s not even Halloween yet, and I’m sitting in a hallway | 万圣节都还没到呢 我就和一堆死胖的圣诞老人 |
[16:35] | with a couple of dozen fat fucking Santas. | 一起坐在走廊里 |
[16:38] | – Yeah, yeah. – Yeah, yeah. Picture that. | – 是的 是的 – 是的 想想吧 |
[16:41] | Me, and a line of big, fat fucking Santas, and you know, | 我和一排死胖的圣诞老人 |
[16:45] | some of these guys are fucking fat, and… | 他们中有些人就是那么肥胖 |
[16:51] | They drink. | 他们还酗酒 |
[16:53] | They are tipplers. | 他们都是酒鬼 |
[16:54] | That’s what Mr. Stanyon told me. | 这是斯坦翁先生告诉我的 |
[16:56] | “Keep them sober.” | “令他们保持清醒” |
[16:57] | That-that’s actually not Mr. Stanyon’s voice, | 这其实不是斯坦翁先生的声音 |
[16:59] | that’s Mrs. O’Toole. | 而是奥图尔夫人的 |
[17:01] | “Doors are opening.” | “开门啦” |
[17:03] | That’s what she says when she’s about to have sex. | 她要做爱时就这么说话 |
[17:11] | Lots of really pretty… | 当然 工作中也有很多相当 |
[17:14] | fun girls at work, too. | 美丽又风趣的女孩 |
[17:16] | Mary, she’s sweet. | 玛丽 她人很好 |
[17:18] | Vivian, kind of boy crazy, with her Van Heflins | 薇薇安 追星狂人 迷恋她的范 赫夫林 |
[17:21] | and William Holdens and… | 还有威廉 霍尔登 还有 |
[17:25] | All right. You win. | 得了 你赢了 |
[17:27] | And then, there’s Harriet. | 还有哈里特 |
[17:30] | She’s our Negro clerk. | 她是我们的黑人店员 |
[17:33] | And beautiful, like, God, this woman is beautiful. | 她很美丽 是那种令人惊叹的美丽 |
[17:36] | She’s-she’s Lena Horne, she helps our Negro customers. | 她就是莲纳 荷恩 她专门接待黑人顾客 |
[17:40] | Because she’s a Negro. | 因为她是个黑人 |
[17:41] | What? | 什么 |
[17:42] | Harriet’s a Negro. Where’s this going? | 哈里特是个黑人 你到底是什么意思 |
[17:44] | It-it’s not going anywhere. | 我没有别的意思 |
[17:47] | Obviously. | 显然没有 |
[17:50] | This-this spotlight is really fucking bright. | 这个聚光灯真是够亮的 |
[17:52] | C-Can you dim that? | 能调暗点吗 |
[17:54] | I mean, really, really, it’s bright as shit. | 真的 它真他妈的晃死我了 |
[17:56] | Okay, well, now the audience can’t see me at all. | 好吧 现在观众根本看不见我了 |
[18:00] | Doesn’t matter. | 无所谓 |
[18:02] | So he’s funny. | 他很有意思 |
[18:04] | Him you laugh at. All right. | 你被他逗乐了 行吧 |
[18:06] | Okay, just-just getting the lay of the land here. | 就 先搞清楚现在的情况 |
[18:08] | You want to come up? | 你想上来吗 |
[18:11] | Yeah, didn’t think so. | 很显然你不想 |
[18:12] | Really? You’re not-you’re not gonna turn the spotlight back on? | 真的吗 你们不打算把灯打开 |
[18:15] | Can’t find the switch? | 是找不到开关吗 |
[18:17] | My underwear suddenly feels very tight. | 我突然感觉内裤有点紧 |
[18:23] | Well. | 好吧 |
[18:24] | Thanks, everybody. | 谢谢大家 |
[18:26] | It’s been delightful. | 今晚很高兴 |
[18:30] | You still got more time. | 你还有很多时间呢 |
[18:32] | Well, give my time to someone else. | 让别人去讲吧 |
[18:34] | This isn’t fucking Congress. Get back up there. | 这可不是该死的议会 给我回去 |
[18:36] | No. And fix the fucking mic, it won’t come off the stand. | 不 赶紧修一修话筒吧 它都拿不下来 |
[18:47] | Sorry about that, everyone. | 抱歉 伙计们 |
[18:49] | We’re gonna take a little break to clear the stink. | 我们要稍事休息 透透气(水平差) |
[18:54] | And we’ll be back in 20. | 二十分钟后继续 |
[18:55] | Jesus. | 天啊 |
[18:57] | What is wrong with these people? | 这些人有什么毛病 |
[18:59] | Absolutely nothing is wrong with these people. | 这些观众绝没有问题 |
[19:01] | Nothing? They’re unconscious. They’re lying in state. | 没问题吗 他们简直麻木不仁 如同死尸 |
[19:05] | And who is heckling me? | 还有 刚刚是谁在质问我 |
[19:06] | There was another comic up there an hour ago. | 一小时以前的另一场表演者 |
[19:08] | He killed. Same audience. | 他秒杀全场 是同样的观众 |
[19:09] | No. No way. | 不 不可能 |
[19:11] | You stunk tonight, lady. That’s all it was. | 你今晚演砸了 姑娘 就是这样 |
[19:13] | No, Susie, this fucking audience could hardly lift their heads | 不 苏西 这些该死的观众 |
[19:15] | – up off the table long enough… – The audience was fine. | – 连头都不抬一下 – 观众没问题 |
[19:17] | You bombed. You took out Antwerp. | 你演砸了 你完全没说到点子上 |
[19:19] | – I bombed? – People were asking | – 我演砸了 – 人们要的是 |
[19:21] | for directions to a fallout shelter. You bombed. | 完全相反的东西 而你演砸了 |
[19:23] | – But I’m funny. – Everybody bombs. | – 但我很有趣啊 – 每个人都会演砸的 |
[19:26] | But I’ve seen Rickles five times. He’s never bombed. | 但我看过五次里克斯的表演 他就从没演砸过 |
[19:29] | The guys go on Jack Paar, they never bomb. | 还有上杰克 帕尔节目的人 他们也从没演砸过 |
[19:30] | Yeah, that’s ’cause they’ve spent years bombing | 是啊 可那是因为他们已经经历了多年失败 |
[19:32] | and honing their act so you don’t have to see them bomb. | 并不断打磨自己的表演 所以你才从没见到 |
[19:34] | – They’ve bombed, believe me. – Well, I’m not gonna bomb again. | – 但他们失败过 相信我 – 我不会再搞砸了 |
[19:37] | No, you’re gonna bomb again and again and again and again. | 不 你会不断失败 失败 再失败 |
[19:39] | Why would anyone do this if they’re just gonna bomb | 如果总是不断失败的话 |
[19:41] | again and again and again? | 为什么还会有人干这行呢 |
[19:43] | Because it’s part of the process. | 因为失败也是其中的一部分 |
[19:44] | Yeah, well, it’s not part of my process. | 好吧 这可不是我的一部分 |
[19:47] | Shit. | 该死 |
[19:49] | I’ve only done this drunk or stoned. | 我喝醉的时候才能做这个 |
[19:51] | What-what if that’s the only reason I was funny? | 如果我变得有趣只是因为喝醉了怎么办 |
[19:53] | Like, I can’t get loaded every time I come on stage. | 我不能每次上台都保持亢奋状态 |
[19:55] | You never met a comic? | 你从没见过喜剧演员吗 |
[19:57] | All right, here. Go smoke a cigarette. | 行了 抽根烟吧 |
[19:58] | No, I’m not gonna go smoke a cigarette. I feel devastated. | 不 我不要抽烟 我真是万念俱灰 |
[20:01] | I’ve never felt this devastated. | 我从没有过这种绝望感觉 |
[20:03] | You mean, besides when your husband left you. | 你是说 除了你丈夫离开你之外 |
[20:05] | – Give me a cigarette. – Next time, prepare a little. | – 给我根烟 – 下一次稍微准备准备 |
[20:08] | Spontaneity works until it doesn’t work. | 临时抱佛脚总有不管用的时候 |
[20:09] | Then you’re stuck. | 那时你就惨了 |
[20:11] | Prepare. | 准备 |
[20:12] | All right. | 好吧 |
[20:14] | Right. | 好 |
[20:20] | – Fuck. – So we went to this cabdriver, | – 操 – 然后我们去找这个司机 |
[20:22] | and, I don’t want you to think we’re like that, | 我不希望你们认为我们是那种人 |
[20:24] | you know, but you must remember what men are like in war, | 但一定要记住男人在战争中是什么样子 |
[20:26] | it’s that kind of a show tonight. | 今晚就相当于那个场面 |
[20:28] | So we went to this cabdriver, and we said to him, | 然后我们去找这个司机 跟他说 |
[20:30] | “Where’s the action?” | “在哪里行动” |
[20:32] | This kind of masculine, sort of… | 也算是很有男子气概了 |
[20:34] | So, so he took us to this place where they fish illegally. | 然后他就带我们去了他们非法捕鱼的地方 |
[20:39] | See, now you’re not supposed… | 看 现在你们不应该 |
[20:47] | ♪ Be prepared ♪ | ♪ 准备好 ♪ |
[20:48] | ♪ And be careful not to do your good deeds ♪ | ♪ 当无人注意你时 ♪ |
[20:51] | ♪ When there’s no one watching you ♪ | ♪ 小心别做好事 ♪ |
[20:53] | ♪ If you’re looking for adventure ♪ | ♪ 如果你在寻找 ♪ |
[20:55] | ♪ Of a new and different kind ♪ | ♪ 不同类型的新冒险 ♪ |
[20:56] | ♪ And you come across a Girl Scout Who is similarly inclined ♪ | ♪ 你会遇到一个和你有同样想法的女童子军 ♪ |
[20:59] | ♪ Don’t be nervous, don’t be flustered don’t be scared ♪ | ♪ 不要紧张 不要惊慌 不要害怕 ♪ |
[21:02] | ♪ Be prepared! ♪ | ♪ 准备好 ♪ |
[21:09] | That is the most beautiful song ever written. | 这是所写过的最美的歌 |
[21:12] | Who wrote that song? | 这歌是谁写的 |
[21:13] | Franz fucking Schubert! | 弗朗茨他妈的舒伯特 |
[21:15] | – Did he now? -Guys, guys, you’re not in your homes. | – 他现在写的 – 伙计们 这里不是你家 |
[21:17] | – Sorry, Sal. – Sally. Sally, Sally. | – 抱歉 萨尔 – 萨利 萨利 萨利 |
[21:19] | We were conquerors today. | 我们今天是征服者 |
[21:21] | – Conquerors! – Veni, vidi, vici! | – 征服者 – 我来 我见 我征服 |
[21:23] | – That’s Latin. – Is that so? | – 那是拉丁文 – 是吗 |
[21:25] | Sal, Sal, we sold plastic stuff | 萨尔 萨尔 我们向根本不需要塑料制品的人 |
[21:27] | to people that don’t actually need plastic stuff. | 卖塑料制品 |
[21:29] | Yeah. See-see, that’s what salesmanship is, Sally. | 是的 你看 销售员就是干这个的 萨利 |
[21:31] | Selling things to people that they don’t want. | 卖给人们他们根本不想要的东西 |
[21:34] | – It’s kind of our calling. – Two more. | – 这就像是我们的使命 – 再来两杯 |
[21:37] | Then you go home. | 然后你们就回家 |
[21:40] | – Sally’s. – We’re not going home. | – 萨利酒吧 – 我们才不回家呢 |
[21:42] | – I got to go home. – Then we’ll go home. | – 我要回家 – 那我们就回家吧 |
[21:44] | I think we just wrote Samuel Beckett’s next play. | 我觉得我们刚写出了塞缪尔 贝克特的下一出戏 |
[21:46] | It’s not that hard. | 也没有那么难啦 |
[21:47] | Joel, it’s for you. | 乔尔 找你的 |
[21:49] | I love that people know how to reach you here. | 我喜欢人们知道到这里联系你 |
[21:51] | It’s so urban. | 特别都市化 |
[21:55] | Hello? | 你好 |
[21:56] | Hey, Pen. | 嘿 潘 |
[21:58] | Yeah, a certain young man did send you some flowers. | 是的 是有个年轻人给你送了些花 |
[22:01] | Guess he forgot to include a card. | 我猜他忘记放卡片了 |
[22:03] | Good, good, I’m glad. | 很好 我很高兴 |
[22:06] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[22:07] | Yeah, yeah, yeah, stay up. | 是的 对 继续待着 |
[22:09] | ♪ And the trash… ♪ All right, bye. | 好 拜拜 ♪ 而垃圾 ♪ |
[22:11] | No. No, Sal. | 不 不 萨尔 |
[22:13] | Who put this song on? | 谁点的这首歌 |
[22:15] | – It offends my sensibilities. – I don’t pick the music. | – 它冒犯了我的感情 – 选音乐的可不是我 |
[22:17] | Yeah, but you can pull the plug. This song isn’t bad. | – 是 但你能按开关 – 这首歌没那么糟 |
[22:20] | Penny likes this song. | 潘妮喜欢这首歌 |
[22:21] | Penny’s young. Penny will learn. | 潘妮还年轻 她以后会懂的 |
[22:23] | She’s meeting the parents this week. | 这周她要见我父母 |
[22:25] | Big stuff. | 大事情啊 |
[22:27] | She’s pretty nervous. | 她特别紧张 |
[22:28] | She doesn’t have anything to be nervous about. | 她没有什么好紧张的 |
[22:30] | She’s a sweet girl. Penny’s great. | 她是个好姑娘 潘妮很好 |
[22:31] | – Yeah? -Yeah. Buddy, everyone loves Penny. | – 是吗 – 是啊 兄弟 每个人都爱潘妮 |
[22:33] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[22:35] | And she’s all excited about seeing The Music Man next week. | 她特别兴奋 因为下周要去看《欢乐音乐妙无穷》 |
[22:38] | Man, we’ve been dying to see that show. | 我们都超想看那部电影的 |
[22:40] | Especially Imogene. | 尤其是伊莫金 |
[22:41] | How’d you get tickets? | 你怎么搞到票的 |
[22:42] | I got friends in high places. | 我上面有人 |
[22:44] | You’re the man. | 你真是棒 |
[22:45] | You know, I scored four seats, | 我弄到了四个座位 |
[22:48] | so I don’t know, if you and Imogene want to tag along…? | 所以如果你和伊莫金想一起来… |
[22:50] | Are you kidding? Imogene would cancel surgery to see that show. | 你逗我吗 伊莫金为了看这个片子连手术都会取消 |
[22:53] | Yes, we will go. | 我们当然会去 |
[22:54] | You want to know what night? You may have plans. | 你想知道晚上会怎么样 你们可能有自己的计划 |
[22:56] | Whatever’s planned is canceled. We’re going. | 不管什么计划我都取消 我们会去的 |
[22:57] | – Great! – God, I can’t wait to tell her. | – 太好了 – 天啊 我等不及告诉她了 |
[22:59] | And Penny will be excited, too. | 潘妮也会很兴奋的 |
[23:15] | 喜剧作者 形体表演 写作笑话 吃熏肉 对所有有趣的事情 都能提出建议 赫伯 史密斯 | |
[23:25] | ♪ I wonder why nobody don’t like me ♪ | ♪ 我想问为何无人喜欢我 ♪ |
[23:28] | ♪ Or is it the fact that I’m ugly? ♪ | ♪ 是否因为我很丑 ♪ |
[23:31] | ♪ I wonder why nobody don’t like me ♪ | ♪ 我想问为何无人喜欢我 ♪ |
[23:33] | ♪ Or is it the fact that I’m ugly? ♪ | ♪ 是否因为我很丑 ♪ |
[23:35] | Excuse me, I’m looking for a man with a rose in his lapel. | 你好 我在找一位翻领上有一朵玫瑰的男人 |
[23:39] | Isn’t that fun? | 你可真逗 |
[23:40] | ♪ Don’t want me no more ♪ | ♪ 不再需要我 ♪ |
[23:42] | ♪ Bad talk inside the house they bring ♪ | ♪ 他们在屋中说坏话 ♪ |
[23:45] | ♪ And when I talk, they start to sing… ♪ | ♪ 轮到我说时 他们开始唱歌… ♪ |
[23:47] | Excuse me. Herb Smith? | 打扰一下 是赫伯 史密斯吗 |
[23:49] | That depends. Are you with the government? | 看情况吧 你是政府的人吗 |
[23:52] | No. | 不是 |
[23:53] | Then I’m Herb Smith. | 那我就是赫伯 史密斯 |
[23:55] | I joke. | 我开玩笑的 |
[23:56] | – Midge Maisel, I presume. – You said, | – 我猜你就是米琪 麦瑟尔 – 你说 |
[23:58] | “Find the man with the rose in his lapel.” | “找翻领上戴着玫瑰的男人” |
[24:00] | And you did. Welcome to my office. | 你找到了 欢迎来到我的办公室 |
[24:02] | ♪ Mama, look at boo boo, they ♪ | ♪ 妈妈 你看人们 他们… ♪ |
[24:05] | ♪ Shut your mouth, go away ♪ | ♪ 闭嘴 走开 ♪ |
[24:08] | ♪ Mama, look at boo boo, they… ♪ | ♪ 妈妈 你看人们 他们… ♪ |
[24:13] | Ever been to the Stage Deli? | 来过斯特奇熟食店吗 |
[24:15] | Many moons ago. | 很久以前来过 |
[24:17] | I’m a little more Barney Greengrass. | 我更喜欢巴尼 格林格拉斯他们家 |
[24:19] | – You hungry? – I could eat. | – 你饿了吗 – 我可以吃 |
[24:21] | Waitress? | 服务员 |
[24:23] | Yep? -Verla, how much do you love your Herb? | – 来了 – 维尔拉 你有多爱你的赫伯 |
[24:26] | With every bone in my body. | 我全身心地爱着你 |
[24:28] | Bring us, a half pastrami on rye | 给我们来半个熏牛肉三明治 |
[24:31] | and a half chopped liver on challah, | 半个褐面包 |
[24:33] | a stuffed cabbage, | 一份大卷心菜 |
[24:35] | some kasha varnishkes, | 一些荞麦粥面 |
[24:38] | – and a bit of arugula. – You got it. | – 和一点芝麻菜 – 没问题 |
[24:40] | I know what you’re thinking. | 我知道你在想什么 |
[24:42] | “He’s extremely Jewish.” | “他绝对是犹太人” |
[24:44] | And extremely hungry. | 而且还饥肠辘辘 |
[24:47] | Guilty on all counts. | 罪名成立 |
[24:48] | So, tell me why you called. | 所以 告诉我你找我什么事 |
[24:51] | I’m looking to hone an act. | 我想提高表演技能 |
[24:53] | Great. As what? | 很好 什么表演 |
[24:54] | A stand-up act. | 脱口秀 |
[24:55] | A comedienne. Intriguing. | 女性喜剧演员 有点意思 |
[24:58] | – I told you that, didn’t I? – You did. But… | – 我告诉过你了 不是吗 – 你是说了 但 |
[25:00] | I didn’t know if you were kidding. | 我不知道你是不是在开玩笑 |
[25:02] | Because you’re a comedienne. | 因为你是一个喜剧演员啊 |
[25:05] | Anyhow, I’ve helped tons of comics | 不管怎么说 这些年我帮助了 |
[25:08] | shape acts over the years. | 无数的喜剧演员 |
[25:11] | And I’ve dabbled in TV a little. | 我也涉足过电视剧 |
[25:14] | Wrote an episode of Our Miss Brooks. | 为布鲁克斯小姐写过一集剧本 |
[25:16] | – Do you know it? – I love that show. | – 你知道那部剧吗 – 我很喜欢那部剧 |
[25:18] | Eve Arden’s a dream. | 伊芙雅顿就是一个梦想 |
[25:20] | A real dream. | 一个真正的梦想 |
[25:23] | So please, talk. | 所以 说说吧 |
[25:25] | Well, I did a slot a few nights ago | 嗯 我在几天前的晚间秀上谈到了 |
[25:27] | talking about a new job I got, as a makeup counter girl. | 我找到了一份新工作 作为一个化妆柜女孩 |
[25:29] | I thought it was a natural, | 我以为我说的很自然 |
[25:31] | and I… bombed. | 但是我演砸了 |
[25:33] | Big-time. | 砸惨了 |
[25:34] | It was scary. | 很可怕 |
[25:36] | I’m getting clammy just thinking about it. | 听着就觉得冷 |
[25:38] | It’s also warm in here. | 即使这儿很暖和 |
[25:40] | This what I’ve been drawing from… | 我的灵感都来自于我的 |
[25:42] | My comedy notebook. | 喜剧笔记本 |
[25:44] | It’s just some random funny thoughts | 是我这几年来写下的 |
[25:46] | I’ve written down over the years. | 一些随意有趣的想法 |
[25:48] | I need someone like you to make sense of it. | 我需要像你这样的人理解 |
[25:50] | Minnie Pearl has a comedy notebook. | 明妮 佩儿也有一本喜剧笔记本 |
[25:52] | Puts you in a good company. | 你肯定跟她很投缘 |
[25:53] | “I know you’re probably thinking, | “我知道你可能会想 |
[25:55] | “‘If I wanted to hear a woman yapping, | 如果我想听一个女人大声嚷嚷 |
[25:58] | “I’d have stayed home.’ | 我就待在家里 |
[26:01] | “But there’s no way your mothers | 但你妈妈可没有我 |
[26:03] | are as funny as I am.” | 这么风趣” |
[26:05] | Solid joke. | 笑话不错 |
[26:07] | Tell me more about you. | 多说说关于你的事 |
[26:08] | Well, I’ve primarily been a housewife | 嗯 首先呢在过去五年里 |
[26:10] | for the last five years. | 我都是全职太太 |
[26:11] | A funny Betty Crocker… That’s interesting. | 一个风趣的贝蒂妙厨 有意思 |
[26:13] | Any kids? | 有孩子吗 |
[26:15] | – Two. – Perfect. | – 两个 – 完美 |
[26:16] | The Doyenne of Domesticity. | 资深家庭主妇 |
[26:18] | That could be a thing. | 也可以这么说了 |
[26:20] | Well, I’d love to help. | 嗯 我很愿意帮你 |
[26:21] | And I can dive in today. | 我今天就可以开始 |
[26:23] | It’s 15 bucks for the first five minutes of material. | 头五分钟的素材十五块 |
[26:27] | Sound good? | 怎么样 |
[26:28] | Sounds very good. | 不错 |
[26:32] | Tell me more. | 再跟我说点 |
[26:33] | I went to Bryn Mawr. | 我曾就读布林茅尔学院 |
[26:35] | Definitely the funniest of the seven sisters. | 绝对是七姐妹中最有趣的学校 |
[26:40] | Then brush the color onto the lid, just lightly, | 然后用眉笔轻轻地在眼睑上画 |
[26:43] | and stop right here, | 画到到你眉毛 |
[26:45] | about half an inch before you reach the eyebrow. | 一半的地方 |
[26:47] | I’ll never be able to recreate this tomorrow. | 我明天早上肯定画不出来这样的 |
[26:49] | No problem. I’m coming home with you. | 没问题 我和你一起回家 |
[26:51] | Saw this for you in the break room. | 在休息室看到了你的包裹 |
[26:53] | Thanks, Harriet. Excuse me. | 谢谢 哈里特 打扰一下 |
[27:06] | Is that a pickle? | 那是腌黄瓜吗 |
[27:08] | I believe it is a pickle. | 我相信这就是腌黄瓜 |
[27:10] | Ladies, will you excuse me just a quick moment? | 女士们 请原谅我离开一下 |
[27:13] | Absolutely. | 没问题 |
[27:20] | Deli. | 熟食店 |
[27:22] | Yes, hello. Is Herb Smith there? | 是的 你好 请问赫布 史密斯在吗 |
[27:24] | Herb? Phone. | 赫布 你的电话 |
[27:25] | – Do they sound angry? – I’m not your fuckin’ secretary. | – 他们听起来很生气吗 – 我不是的秘书 |
[27:28] | Just come get it. | 赶紧来接电话 |
[27:29] | – This is Herb. – Herb, hi. Midge Maisel. | – 我是赫布 – 赫布 嗨 我是米琪 麦瑟尔 |
[27:32] | And not the IRS? Thank God. | 谢天谢地不是国税局 |
[27:34] | – Good one. – You get my package? | – 真有你的 – 你收到我的包裹了吗 |
[27:35] | Shipped it out this morning. | 我今天早上发出去的 |
[27:37] | I did get it. And I’m a little confused. | 我收到了 我有点困惑 |
[27:39] | I don’t know if you got the five messages I left you, | 我不知道你是否收到我留给你的五条信息 |
[27:41] | but I have a slot at the Gaslight tonight. | 但我今晚在煤油灯有演出时段 |
[27:43] | The Gaslight? So you know Susie Myerson. | 煤油灯 所以你认识苏西 梅耶森吗 |
[27:46] | – She’s terrific. – She is. | – 她人很好 – 是的 |
[27:47] | But I don’t have a lot of time to prepare, | 但我没有太多时间去准备 |
[27:49] | and I’m just wondering what the deal is | 我只想知道这些三乘五寸的 |
[27:50] | – with the three-by-five cards. – They’re your act. | – 小卡片是干什么用的 – 就是你的演出内容 |
[27:53] | But… I have no time to memorize all this. | 但我没时间去记住这些 |
[27:55] | So you take them up on stage. | 那你就带上台去 |
[27:57] | It’s how all the greats worked out their acts. | 所有的优秀的喜剧家都是这么做的 |
[28:00] | Bob Hope, Moms Mabley… Everybody uses cards. | 鲍勃 霍普 蒙 梅布尔 所有人都用卡片 |
[28:03] | Yeah, I’ve seen comics use cards. | 是的 我有看到喜剧演员用卡片 |
[28:05] | It’s fun for the audience to see a comic working like this. | 让观众看到喜剧演员这么工作很有趣 |
[28:08] | It can be hit-and-miss at times, but lots of fun. | 有时候就是要碰运气 但会很有趣 |
[28:12] | – I guess. – Just have a stool next to you. | – 估计是吧 – 你身旁会有一个高脚凳 |
[28:14] | You can put the cards on the stool. | 你可以把卡片放在高脚凳上 |
[28:17] | The Gaslight has a stool, doesn’t it? | 煤油灯有高脚凳 是不是 |
[28:19] | They do have a stool. | 他们有高脚凳 |
[28:20] | I should have put the stool in the cards. | 我应该把高脚凳跟卡片一起寄过去 |
[28:22] | The stool is a big thing. | 高脚凳很重要 |
[28:24] | – You see the pickle? – I did see the pickle. | – 你看到腌黄瓜了吗 – 我看到了 |
[28:26] | The pickle’s funny. | 腌黄瓜很有趣 |
[28:28] | – The pickle is funny. – So… | – 腌黄瓜是很有趣 – 所以 |
[28:29] | break a leg. | 祝你好运 |
[28:30] | I will. Thank you, Herb. | 我会的 谢谢 赫布 |
[28:32] | Can’t wait to hear how it goes. | 迫不及地等你的好消息 |
[28:34] | Bye. | 再见 |
[28:42] | I’m back, ladies. | 我回来了 女士们 |
[28:43] | – Now, where were we? – You were on the lids. | – 现在 我们刚画哪儿了 – 你刚画了眼睑 |
[28:46] | Yes. | 是的 |
[28:48] | And next up… | 下一步 |
[28:50] | we start from the top, | 我们从眉峰开始画 |
[28:53] | and then slowly work our way down. | 然后慢慢往下画 |
[29:05] | Just had to see it for myself. | 我只是要亲眼看看 |
[29:10] | ♪ La mer ♪ | ♪ 大海 ♪ |
[29:13] | ♪ Qu’on voit danser ♪ | ♪ 我看见她翩翩起舞 ♪ |
[29:16] | ♪ Le long des… ♪ | ♪ 沿着 ♪ |
[29:18] | Flats are making a giant difference. | 平底鞋穿上感觉大不一样 |
[29:20] | – I’m glad. -I’m just home for a quick change, | – 我很高兴听你这么说 – 我就回家换下衣服 |
[29:23] | and then I’m heading out. | 然后我还要出去 |
[29:24] | – I’m meeting a friend for dinner. – Okay. | – 我跟朋友约了晚饭 – 好的 |
[29:26] | I’ll pick up the kids from Mrs. Fulber when I get home. | 我回家时顺便去富尔贝夫人那儿把孩子们带回来 |
[29:30] | So, I saw them unboxing some new dresses | 所以 我今天在七楼看见 |
[29:32] | on the seventh floor today. | 他们从箱子里取出新衣服 |
[29:34] | I’m not even supposed to be up there, | 我本来不应该上去的 |
[29:35] | but I just shoot the security guard a wink, | 但我只是向保安眨眨眼 |
[29:36] | and he looks the other way. | 他就当没看见 |
[29:38] | Some Chanel came in… To die for. | 一些香奈儿的新进货 太想要了 |
[29:41] | And there was this pink one with a little collar | 有一件小领子的粉色衣服 |
[29:42] | that was just screaming my name. | 在尖叫着召唤我 |
[29:44] | There was this purply one, gloves to match, | 还有件紫色的 配上手套 |
[29:46] | that just seemed so you. | 很适合你 |
[29:48] | Hi, Mommy. | 嗨 妈咪 |
[29:53] | Mama, Ethan and Esther are supposed to be with Mrs. Fulber. | 妈妈 伊森和艾丝特应该是在富尔贝夫人那儿的 |
[29:56] | Fulber’s a drunk. | 富尔贝是个酒鬼 |
[30:03] | – Come on. – No. | – 拜托 – 不 |
[30:04] | No. He’s the storyteller, not me. | 不 他很会讲故事 我不行 |
[30:07] | Ma, you’re a great storyteller. | 妈 你才是一个会讲故事的人 |
[30:09] | If you don’t mind 180-degree turns halfway through the story. | 如果你不介意180度转弯的故事情节的话 |
[30:13] | Moishe. | 莫伊舍 |
[30:13] | – What? – Don’t tease. | – 怎么了 – 别取笑我了 |
[30:15] | I’m not teasing. I’m reporting. | 我没有取笑你啊 我就是实话实说 |
[30:17] | What did I tell you? Greatest show on earth. | 我告诉你了吧 世上最伟大的表演 |
[30:19] | You start a story about a TV repairman, | 你开始从一个电视修理工讲起 |
[30:21] | and then you end it describing a cruise to Istanbul. | 然后结局会变成述伊斯坦布尔的海上之旅 |
[30:24] | I don’t find that normal. | 我没发现这有什么共同点 |
[30:26] | I did love that cruise. | 我喜欢游轮旅行 |
[30:27] | – I would love to go on a cruise. – We should take a cruise. | – 我很想去游轮旅行 – 我们应该一起去 |
[30:30] | Everyone should go on a cruise. | 所有人都一起去游轮旅行 |
[30:32] | Except Joel… He gets tummy sick. | 除了乔尔 他会晕船的 |
[30:34] | – One time. – And it wasn’t even on a cruise ship. | – 就一次 – 而且那还不是在游轮船上 |
[30:37] | It was on the Staten Island Ferry, | 那就是在斯塔顿岛的轮渡上 |
[30:38] | to visit his cousins in Bulls Head. | 去布尔斯海德看他的表兄 |
[30:40] | Ma, this is a story you should not tell. | 妈 这个故事你不应该讲 |
[30:42] | I want to hear it. | 我想听 |
[30:43] | He threw up. That’s the story. | 他吐了 故事就是这样的 |
[30:45] | – Great story. – And she got to the end | – 很好的故事 – 故事结局她终于 |
[30:48] | without talking about elephants or the Charleston. | 没谈到大象和查尔斯顿 |
[30:50] | Give your mother some credit. | 给你妈妈一点信心 |
[30:52] | Young lady, we want to know more about you. | 年轻的小姐 我们想要更多的了解你 |
[31:09] | Cutting it close there, gally. | 真是踩着点儿来啊 |
[31:11] | Sorry. Subway stopped between stations. | 抱歉 地铁停在了两个站点之间了 |
[31:13] | We were in pitch black forever. | 我们被扔在一片漆黑中 |
[31:15] | Pretty sure some guy groped me. | 我很确信有人摸了我 |
[31:17] | – Sometimes you get lucky. – Just give me a minute to calm down. | – 有时候你就很幸运 – 给我一分钟让我冷静下来 |
[31:19] | You’re going on, you got to get on. | 该你了 你得上去了 |
[31:21] | – Crowd’s gonna thin out. – Just a quick minute. | – 观众都快走完了 – 马上就好 |
[31:22] | – Midge next? – Midge next. | – 下一个米琪吗 – 下一个米琪 |
[31:24] | What stupid fucking name are using this time? | 这次用什么蠢名字呢 |
[31:26] | Sadie Morton. | 莎蒂 莫顿 |
[31:28] | Why not? | 为什么不呢 |
[31:30] | What are those? | 这些是什么 |
[31:32] | Just some notes. | 就是一些笔记 |
[31:34] | You wrote your act on cards? | 你把你的表演写在卡片上了吗 |
[31:35] | – Yeah. – Why? | – 是啊 – 为什么 |
[31:37] | It’s good enough for Bob Hope, it’s good enough for me. | 对鲍勃霍普来说很管用 对我来说也会管用 |
[31:41] | Since when do you pattern yourself after Bob Hope? | 你从什么时候开始模仿鲍勃霍普了 |
[31:44] | All right, next up is a really funny comedian. | 好了 下一个登台的是妙语连珠的喜剧演员 |
[31:49] | Give it up for Sadie Morton! | 掌声有请莎蒂 莫顿 |
[31:51] | Like that’s a real thing. | 目测有点厉害 |
[31:56] | HI there, everybody. | 嗨 大家好 |
[31:58] | Yup. Drink it in… A woman comedian. | 是的 享受吧 女性喜剧演员 |
[32:02] | A rare sighting. | 罕见的风景 |
[32:05] | I know you’re probably thinking, “If I wanted | 我知道你们肯定会想 “如果我 |
[32:06] | to hear a woman yapping, I’d have stayed home.” | 想听一个女人大声嚷嚷 我还不如待在家里 |
[32:08] | But there is no way your mothers are as funny as me. | 但你妈妈肯定没有我风趣” |
[32:13] | All right, all right, we’re having fun here. | 好吧 好吧 我们来点儿有趣的吧 |
[32:15] | So I’m a mother, too, believe it or not, | 我也是一个妈妈 不管你信还是不信 |
[32:17] | of three rambunctious kids. | 三个捣蛋鬼孩子 |
[32:20] | Okay, I-I have two kids, not three.. | 好吧 我有两个孩子 不是三个 |
[32:23] | One day, my oldest came home from junior high | 一天 我最大的孩子从中学回来 |
[32:25] | and said the craziest thing. | 说了件最疯狂的事情 |
[32:28] | Okay, I’m-I’m 26. | 好吧 我26岁 |
[32:30] | I-I didn’t give birth at 13. | 我可没有13岁就生了孩子 |
[32:31] | I would have had to have given birth at 13. | 我在13岁就被生了孩子 |
[32:33] | Can-can I borrow a pen? | 我能借一下你的笔吗 |
[32:35] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[32:40] | When I was a kid, my parents told me I was their favorite, | 当我还是孩子时 我父母告诉我 我是他们的最爱 |
[32:44] | and that’s not just because I’m an only child. | 不只是因为我是他们唯一的孩子 |
[32:47] | I actually have a brother, | 事实上我还有个哥哥 |
[32:49] | so that’s another thing that’s not quite… accurate. | 又是一个不属实的 |
[32:53] | You-you know, | 你知道 |
[32:55] | my family fights so much at the dinner table, | 我们一家经常在饭桌上吵架 |
[32:58] | I’m thinking of putting up four ropes and selling tickets. | 我在考虑搭四条绳索开始卖票 |
[33:03] | – I don’t get that. – It’s a boxing thing. | – 我不明白这个 – 这说的是打拳击 |
[33:05] | A boxing thing. | 打拳击 |
[33:06] | Okay, I get it. Thank you, sir. | 好了 我明白了 谢谢 先生 |
[33:11] | My husband. | 我丈夫 |
[33:13] | Ooh, I get so mad when he comes home late, | 哦 当他回家晚了我会很生气 |
[33:16] | I grab the frying pan, hit him over the head, | 我抓起平底锅 就去砸他脑袋 |
[33:19] | and doink. | 然后咚的一声 |
[33:22] | Doink? | 咚的一声 |
[33:26] | An-And… and my mother is so nosy, | 我妈妈很烦人 |
[33:29] | I think she could win a gold medal. | 我觉得她能赢一个金牌 |
[33:34] | That’s M-E-D-D-L-E, not-not M-E-D-A-L. | 是管闲事 不是真的奖牌 |
[33:38] | It’s more of a visual spelling joke, I guess. See… | 更像是视觉拼写笑话 我猜想 |
[33:41] | Ooh. | 哦 |
[33:43] | All right. Yeah. | 好了 是的 |
[33:47] | Wow. How did Bob Hope become Bob Hope? | 喔 鲍勃霍普是怎么变成鲍勃霍普的 |
[33:49] | Because he’s funny. | 因为他很幽默 |
[33:52] | Thank you, sir. | 谢谢 先生 |
[33:53] | Light’s on me, not you. | 聚光灯在我这里 不是你那里 |
[33:56] | I went to Bryn Mawr. | 我毕业于布林莫尔学院 |
[34:00] | That’s literally all it says. | 全是字面意思 |
[34:01] | Next card. | 下一张卡 |
[34:02] | Next comedian. | 下一个喜剧演员 |
[34:05] | – Excuse me? – Bring back the banjo. | – 你说什么 – 让班卓琴回来吧 |
[34:07] | You think you could do better, asshole? | 你觉得你比我说的好 混蛋 |
[34:10] | – Probably. – Great. | – 可能吧 – 很好 |
[34:12] | Then stand up and make ’em laugh. | 那就上来哗众取宠吧 |
[34:14] | Come on. Let’s see what you got. | 来吧 是骡子是马拉出来溜溜 |
[34:17] | – What? You leave your balls at home? – Oh! | – 什么 你怂了吗 – 哦 |
[34:19] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[34:23] | A Spanish magician tells the audience | 西班牙的魔法师告诉观众 |
[34:25] | he’ll disappear on the count of three. | 他数三声就会消失 |
[34:28] | He says, “Uno, dos.” Poof. | 他说 “一 二” 噗 |
[34:31] | He disappeared without a tres. | 三还没数他就不见了(没屌就消失) |
[34:41] | I quit. | 我走 |
[34:46] | Why doesn’t this stupid place have a backstage? | 为什么这个愚蠢的地方没有后台 |
[34:48] | Are you trying to humiliate me? | 你是在羞辱我吗 |
[34:49] | You’re doing a great job all by yourself. | 你自己说的就很好 |
[34:51] | – What the fuck? – Don’t. | – 这他妈什么鬼 – 不要说 |
[34:53] | I mean, what the fuck? | 我是说 这是什么鬼东西 |
[34:55] | I just want to get the hell out of here. | 我只想赶紧离开这个鬼地方 |
[34:57] | This isn’t even your writing. | 这根本就不是你的写的 |
[34:58] | Hi, Midge. | 嗨 米琪 |
[35:00] | What are you doing here? | 你在这儿干什么 |
[35:02] | I came to catch your set. | 我来看你的表演啊 |
[35:03] | Nice job. | 说的不错 |
[35:05] | Nice job? Were you listening? | 不错 你有在听吗 |
[35:07] | The whole time. | 一直都在听 |
[35:09] | You got some good laughs in the back there. | 后面的观众都笑癫了 |
[35:11] | How far back were you, Cafe Wha? | 你坐的是有多靠后 墙里吗 |
[35:14] | Okay, I’m just trying to catch up here. | 好吧 我只是想弄明白怎么回事 |
[35:15] | – How do you know Herb Smith? – She answered my ad | – 你是怎么认识赫布 史密斯的 – 她回应了 |
[35:18] | – in the Hollywood Reporter. Hi, Susie. | 我在好莱坞记者报上登的广告 嗨 苏西 |
[35:21] | You hired the Stage DelI bottom-feeder to write your act? | 你雇佣了这种混在熟食店的泥鳅帮你写素材 |
[35:23] | All based on her notebook. | 都是基于她的笔记本 |
[35:26] | Lot of good stuff in there. | 里面还是有很多笑料 |
[35:27] | Nothing from these cards came from my notebook. | 这些卡片跟我的笔记本简直就是风马牛不相及 |
[35:29] | Yeah, because he sells the same crappy jokes to everyone who hires him. | 是啊 因为他向所有雇佣他的人推销同样的蹩脚笑话 |
[35:32] | – He’s a fuckin’ recycler! – Didn’t say that in the ad. | – 他就是一个低劣的反刍动物 – 广告里没这么说 |
[35:35] | That would have been a dumb thing to put in the ad. | 谁会在广告里犯这种傻 |
[35:37] | I told you it’d be hit-and-miss! | 我告诉你了这就是碰运气 |
[35:40] | It was all miss, Herb. Nothing hit! | 这全是失误 赫布 没一个说到点上的 |
[35:42] | Please tell me you did not pay this guy. | 请告诉我你还没付他钱 |
[35:44] | – Oh,I paid him. – Without consulting me? | – 哦 我付过了 – 都没咨询我 |
[35:47] | Hey, Midge, one thought? | 嘿 米琪 灵光闪现 |
[35:49] | He’s got a thought. | 他灵光闪现了 |
[35:50] | The husband joke. | 关于丈夫的笑话 |
[35:52] | When you hit him over the head with the frying pan, | 当你用平底锅打他头的时候 |
[35:54] | it’s not “doink.” | 不是咚 |
[35:56] | It’s… “Doy-yoy-yoy-yoy-yoink!” | 是咚咚咚咚咚 |
[35:59] | Herb, the thing I’m gonna hit you over the head with, | 赫布 我要打你的头 |
[36:02] | your screams are gonna drown out the doy-yoy-yoy-yoy-yoy-yoink! | 你的尖叫声将会被咚咚声淹没 |
[36:06] | We got to talk. Good-bye, Herb. | 我们得谈谈 再见 赫布 |
[36:10] | Herb Smith. | 赫布 史密斯 |
[36:11] | – Really? – I needed help. | – 真的吗 – 我需要帮助 |
[36:13] | So you hire a guy that’ll work for salami? | 所以你雇了一个意大利香肠店的打工仔 |
[36:15] | I didn’t want to bomb again. | 我不想再搞砸了 |
[36:16] | – Mission accomplished. – Ha, ha. | – 任务完成了 – 哈 哈 |
[36:18] | Geez. If I wanted an act like that, I’d have booked your husband. | 天啊 如果我想要那样表演 我还不如直接叫你老公过来 |
[36:21] | – Real nice. -I thought we were doing this together. | – 好极了 – 我以为我们是在同一战线上的 |
[36:23] | – Are we not doing this together? – I’m here, aren’t I? | – 我们不是同一战线上吗 – 我不是在这儿嘛 是不是 |
[36:25] | You go behind my back, you hire a guy to help you. | 你背着我 雇佣别人来帮你 |
[36:27] | I’m here to help you. | 我就在这儿帮你 |
[36:29] | How? By rushing me onstage when I wasn’t even ready? | 怎么帮 在我毫无准备的情况下把我赶上台吗 |
[36:32] | – What are you talking about? – I hardly stepped in the door | – 你在说什么啊 – 我还没走到门口 |
[36:34] | and you were pushing me to go on. | 你就已经推着我上台了 |
[36:36] | – I wanted you to have a good audience. – Great job. | – 我想让你有很好的观众 – 干的好 |
[36:38] | – So it’s my fault. – Yes. | – 所以这是我的错了 – 是的 |
[36:39] | – Hey, fuck you. – No, fuck you. | – 嘿 去你的 – 不 去你的 |
[36:41] | What is wrong with you? | 你到底怎么回事 |
[36:43] | I can’t do this anymore. | 我做不了这个了 |
[36:44] | – Don’t. – I can’t do it. | – 别这么说 – 我做不了 |
[36:45] | I-I don’t want to do it. | 我不想做了 |
[36:46] | We’ve talked about bombing. | 我们来谈谈演砸的部分 |
[36:48] | So you get up on stage and bomb. See how you like it. | 你上台去感受下演砸了 看你会不会喜欢 |
[36:50] | – I’d hate it. – Well, there you go. | – 我讨厌 – 嗯 那你去吧 |
[36:52] | But I’m not a comedian. You’re the comedian. | 但我不是喜剧演员 你才是喜剧演员 |
[36:54] | – Not anymore. – Bullshit. | – 不再是了 – 瞎说 |
[36:55] | – Not anymore. – Oh,Again? | – 不再是了 – 噢 又这样 |
[36:58] | Okay, fine. So you’re not gonna do this? | 好吧 所以你不打算做了吗 |
[37:00] | – Nope. – You’re giving up? | – 不了 – 你要放弃了吗 |
[37:01] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[37:02] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[37:03] | Go get your purse. | 拿上你的包 |
[37:05] | Go on home. | 回家去 |
[37:06] | But this is good-bye, Miriam. | 但这是再见 米里亚姆 |
[37:08] | Or Sadie, or Cuntsy Lou Who or whatever your name is. | 或者莎蒂 或者康斯特 露 不管你叫什么 |
[37:11] | Because that’s all you and I are. | 因为这就是你跟我 |
[37:13] | Professional relationship. Not girlfriends. | 职业关系 不是闺蜜之类的 |
[37:15] | – I know that. – And if there’s no profession, | – 我知道 – 如果没有职业 |
[37:17] | there’s no relationship, capisce? | – 就没有关系 你明白吗 |
[37:19] | Good-bye. | 再见 |
[37:20] | Don’t forget your comedy cards. | 别忘了你的喜剧卡片 |
[37:22] | You paid good money for them. | 你可是花了大价钱买的 |
[37:23] | Don’t forget to cancel that phone you ordered. Unless it’s too late. | 别忘记取消你电话的订单 不然来不及了 |
[37:27] | Don’t worry. I didn’t order the stupid phone. | 别担心 我没订购那个傻缺电话 |
[37:29] | Maybe I can instinctively smell a loser! | 也许我的直觉告诉我 这事成不了 |
[37:32] | Fine! | 随你 |
[37:35] | So the priest turns to the nun and says, | 于是牧师转身对修女说 |
[37:37] | “Excuse me, are you staring at me?” | “很抱歉 你是在盯着我吗” |
[37:39] | – Is this a dirty joke? – Would I tell a dirty joke | – 这是黄段子吗 – 我会在这种男女都在场的情况下 |
[37:40] | – in mixed company? – Yes. -Yes. | – 讲黄段子吗 – 是的 – 是的 |
[37:42] | – It’s not a dirty joke. – Eat that, honey. | – 这不是黄段子 – 把这个吃了吧 亲爱的 |
[37:44] | Eat it so that I won’t. | 不然我就吃了 |
[37:45] | So, the nun says to the priest, | 于是 修女对牧师说 |
[37:47] | “I remember you. We met once at the Vatican.” | “我记得你 我们在梵蒂冈见过一次” |
[37:49] | – This is a dirty joke. – Not a dirty joke. | – 这就是黄段子 – 不是黄段子 |
[37:51] | And so, the priest says, “The Vatican’s full | 然后 牧师说 “梵蒂冈很多 |
[37:54] | “of a lot of priests, all in robes who look just like me. | 穿着长袍的牧师 他们看起来和我一样 |
[37:56] | How do you know that was me?” | 你怎么知道就是我” |
[37:58] | And the nun says… | 修女说 |
[38:01] | This is a dirty joke. | 这是个黄段子 |
[38:02] | – I knew it. – So did I. | – 我知道 – 我也是 |
[38:04] | All right. I’ll resume smelling my dessert wine | 好吧 我继续闻着我的餐后甜酒 |
[38:06] | and acting like I know what the hell I’m talking about. | 假装我知道我刚才都在说些什么 |
[38:08] | Excuse me, everyone, I’m going to go freshen up. | 打扰了 大家 我要去下补下妆 |
[38:10] | Because you’re stale? | 因为你老了吗 |
[38:11] | I’ll come with you, because I am definitely stale. | 我和你一起去 因为我绝对老了 |
[38:14] | You’re gorgeous, too, Shirl. | 你也很美 雪莉 |
[38:16] | You’re killing me with that tiny tush. | 你的小虎牙太迷人了 |
[38:18] | Mrs. Maisel… | 麦瑟尔夫人 |
[38:22] | – No. – What? | – 不行 – 什么 |
[38:25] | – Her. No. – What the hell are you talking about? | – 她 不行 – 你在说什么 |
[38:27] | You know what I’m talking about. | 你知道我在说什么 |
[38:28] | How would I know what you’re talking about? | 我怎么知道你在说什么 |
[38:29] | She’s young, she’s emptyheaded, she doesn’t eat. She’s a shiksa. | 她很年轻 她没有头脑 她不吃东西 她是非犹太人 |
[38:32] | – So? – Shiksas are for practice. | – 所以呢 – 非犹太人只是用来谈恋爱的 |
[38:34] | Want to say that a little louder? | 你要再说的大声点吗 |
[38:36] | – I think you heard me just fine. – I don’t believe this. | – 我觉得你听到就好了 – 我真是不敢相信 |
[38:38] | – Don’t act like a child. – You can’t judge her like this. | – 别像个孩子一样 – 你不能这么随便评价她 |
[38:40] | – You don’t even know her. – I know enough. That is a girl | – 你都不了解她 – 我知道的够多了 这个女孩可以 |
[38:42] | that you have on the side, Joel. It’s not a girl you marry. | 和你谈情说爱 乔尔 不是能娶回家的 |
[38:45] | You don’t introduce her to your fucking parents. | 你不用介绍给你的父母 |
[38:48] | I had Yankees tickets tonight. | 我今晚有洋基队的票 |
[38:49] | She’s a good girl. Sweet. | 她是一个好女孩 很贴心 |
[38:51] | – “Sweet.” Good. Sounds like a Danish. – You’d hate her no matter what. | – 贴心 很好 听起来很丹麦 – 不管你喜欢不喜欢她 |
[38:53] | Yeah. Convince yourself of that and then we’ll talk. | 是的 先说服你自己我们再来谈 |
[38:57] | No. | 不行 |
[38:59] | I’m eating her dessert. | 我要吃了她的甜点 |
[39:02] | There she is. | 她来了 |
[39:03] | I stole… I stole your dessert. | 我偷了 我偷了你的甜点 |
[39:05] | That’s okay, Mrs. Maisel. | 没关系 麦瑟尔夫人 |
[39:06] | Call me Shirley. | 叫我雪莉就行 |
[39:08] | I’ve got another joke. | 我再讲个别的笑话 |
[39:09] | – It’s gonna be dirty again. – It’s not gonna be dirty. | – 肯定又是黄段子 – 肯定不是 |
[39:11] | So, a clown walks into a laundromat. | 一个小丑走进一家自助洗衣店 |
[39:14] | This is dirty. | 这很下流 |
[39:14] | There’s nothing dirty about it. | 跟下流一点关系都没有 |
[39:16] | He told this joke five years ago | 他五年前在拉比 |
[39:18] | in front of the rabbi. | 面前讲过这个笑话 |
[39:19] | Wait, is this the dirty temple joke? | 等下 这是那个下流寺庙的笑话吗 |
[39:21] | It’s the dirty temple joke. | 是下流的寺庙笑话 |
[39:22] | Are you sure? | 你确定 |
[39:24] | It ends with cabbage up the chimney. | 结局就是烟囱上的卷心菜 |
[39:26] | You’re right, it’s too dirty. Funny, but too dirty. | 你说的对 就是很下流 搞笑 但很下流 |
[39:28] | – Okay. Knock, knock. – Moishe… | – 好吧 不说了 – 莫伊舍 |
[39:38] | ♪ Life upon the wicked stage ♪ | ♪ 生活在邪恶的舞台上 ♪ |
[39:41] | ♪ Ain’t ever what a girl supposes ♪ | ♪ 从来都不是女孩设想的 ♪ |
[39:47] | ♪ Stage door Johnnies outraging ♪ | ♪ 后台入口强尼早就等候 ♪ |
[39:50] | ♪ Over you with gems and roses… ♪ | ♪ 用宝石和玫瑰俘获了你 ♪ |
[39:55] | – Hi, Midge. Morning. – Good morning. | – 嗨 米琪 早上好 – 早上好 |
[39:56] | ♪ When you let a feller hold your hand ♪ | ♪ 当你让一个男人牵你的手 ♪ |
[39:59] | ♪ Which means an extra beer or sandwich… ♪ | ♪ 那就意味着更多的啤酒和三明治 ♪ |
[40:07] | Doors are opening. | 开门营业了 |
[40:09] | – And it begins. – Good luck. | – 营业了 – 祝你好运 |
[40:16] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[40:17] | Where’s the kitchenware department? | 请问厨房用具在哪儿 |
[40:17] | Where’s the kitchenware department? | 请问厨房用具在哪儿 |
[40:19] | – Fourth floor. – Thank you. | – 在四楼 – 谢谢 |
[40:20] | No, wait. Sixth. | 不是 等一下 在六楼 |
[40:23] | – Nope. Fifth. – Kitchenware’s | – 不对 是五楼 – 厨房用具 |
[40:25] | on the third floor, southwest side. | 在三楼 西南边 |
[40:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:29] | – You okay? – Yeah. I’m just tired. | – 你还好吗 – 是的 就是有点累了 |
[40:32] | You look like you haven’t had any fun lately. | 你最近看起来无精打采的 |
[40:34] | That’s for sure. | 那倒是真的 |
[40:35] | Then you should come to my party tonight. It’s nothing fancy. | 那你今晚应该来我的派对 没什么特别的 |
[40:37] | Cheap wine and pretzels and extremely dull boys. | 就是些便宜的红酒 椒盐饼干和超无聊的男孩子们 |
[40:40] | Way to sell. | 听起来不错 |
[40:41] | No, really. It’ll be fun. | 不 真的 一定会有趣的 |
[40:44] | ♪ Life upon the wicked stage ♪ | ♪ 邪恶舞台上的生活 ♪ |
[40:46] | Maybe. | 可能去吧 |
[40:48] | Thanks for the invite. | 谢谢你们邀请我 |
[40:49] | ♪ Ain’t nothing for a girl. ♪ | ♪ 对于一个女孩来说不算什么 ♪ |
[40:57] | – Hello? – Joel, hi. It’s me. | – 你好 – 乔尔 嗨 是我 |
[40:59] | Hey, Arch. We were just about to step out. | 嗨 阿奇 我们正准备出门 |
[41:01] | We, meeting in the lobby or outside? | 我们在大堂还是在外面见 |
[41:03] | Joel, sorry, but we got to beg off. | 乔尔 抱歉 我们去不了了 |
[41:05] | – What? – We’re stuck here. Babysitter just canceled. | – 什么 – 我们被困住了 保姆取消了 |
[41:07] | She canceled? | 她取消了 |
[41:08] | Last second. She’s never done this. | 最后才知道 她没有经验 |
[41:10] | Call another. You got, like, four of them. | 再找一个 你有 大概 四个吧 |
[41:12] | Yeah. They’re all booked. | 对 但她们都被预约了 |
[41:14] | Well… | 好吧 |
[41:15] | I could call Mrs. Moskowitz and see if she could… | 我可以打电话给莫斯科维茨夫人 看看她能不能 |
[41:17] | And Imogene’s not feeling well. | 伊莫金也病了 |
[41:19] | Cold, or something. | 感冒什么的 |
[41:20] | Can we take a raincheck? | 我们可以延期吗 |
[41:21] | It’s a Broadway show. There’s no raincheck. | 这是在百老汇演出 不能延期 |
[41:23] | I know. | 我知道 |
[41:25] | I feel terrible. | 太抱歉了 |
[41:26] | – Arch. – I’m sorry, buddy. | – 阿奇 – 对不起 老兄 |
[41:28] | Really. | 真心的 |
[41:30] | I’ll see you tomorrow? | 那明天见吗 |
[41:31] | Yeah. See you tomorrow. | 好 明天见 |
[41:33] | Bye. | 拜拜 |
[41:41] | ♪ A Be-bop baby ♪ | ♪ 波普娃娃 ♪ |
[41:48] | ♪ She’s the gal for me ♪ | ♪ 她是我心爱的姑娘 ♪ |
[41:50] | ♪ She got plenty of rhythm, got plenty of jive ♪ | ♪ 她能歌善舞 ♪ |
[41:54] | ♪ And when we dance, it really comes alive ♪ | ♪ 我们翩翩起舞 如获新生 ♪ |
[41:56] | ♪ My love for her’s so tender and sweet ♪ | ♪ 我对她的爱如此温柔甜蜜 ♪ |
[41:58] | ♪ My heart starts pounding every time we meet ♪ | ♪ 每次相见心如小鹿乱撞 ♪ |
[42:01] | ♪ A Be-bop baby still in her teens ♪ | ♪ 波普娃娃 豆蔻年华 ♪ |
[42:03] | ♪ Just as sweet as she can be… ♪ | ♪ 甜蜜无比 ♪ |
[42:06] | Hi, there. Midge, right? From makeup? | 你好 米琪 是吗 化妆品柜台的 |
[42:09] | – Yes. – Arnie. Menswear. | – 对 – 我是阿尼男装柜台的 |
[42:10] | – Schlitz? – Thank you, Arnie. | – 喝啤酒吗 – 谢谢 阿尼 |
[42:12] | – So how you liking the job? – I like it. | – 你觉得这个工作如何 – 我很喜欢 |
[42:14] | Lot of nice girls down in makeup. | 楼下的化妆品柜台有很多可爱的女孩子 |
[42:15] | – Very nice. – It’s all men up where I am. | – 非常可爱 – 我那里全是糙汉子 |
[42:17] | Comes with the territory. | 不可避免啊 |
[42:19] | – So you like Ricky Nelson? – What I’ve heard. | – 你喜欢瑞奇 尼尔森吗 – 我听说过 |
[42:21] | It’s funny how we all grew up watching him on TV, | 真有趣 我们都是看着他的作品长大的 |
[42:23] | now he’s this big rock star. | 现在他是摇滚巨星了 |
[42:24] | – The next Elvis. – Very funny. | – 还有一个是埃尔维斯 – 真有趣 |
[42:27] | ♪ She’s the gal for me… ♪ | ♪ 她是我心爱的姑娘 ♪ |
[42:29] | Were you hitting on me? | 你在撩我吗 |
[42:30] | – No, I… – You are. That’s so sweet, | – 不 我 – 你就是 你真好 |
[42:33] | but that’s not why I’m here, Arnie. | 但这不是我来这的原因 阿尼 |
[42:34] | – I’m sorry. – No, I’m sorry. | – 抱歉 – 不 该道歉的是我 |
[42:36] | Did you want the Schlitz back? | 你想要回这啤酒吗 |
[42:38] | No, it’s fine. | 不用了 没事的 |
[42:39] | – Enjoy. – Thank you. | – 玩得开心 – 谢谢 |
[42:42] | Midge. | 米琪 |
[42:44] | – You came. – I did. | – 你来了 – 我来了 |
[42:45] | Nice place. | 很棒的地方 |
[42:47] | It’s, it’s home for now. | 目前是我的小家 |
[42:49] | Vivian, Harriet, look what the cat dragged in. | 维维安 哈里特 看看那些人在讨论什么 |
[42:52] | Hi, Midge. | 嗨 米琪 |
[42:54] | – Vivian’s drunk. – I’m not a drunk. | – 维维安喝醉了 – 我才不是醉鬼 |
[42:56] | I didn’t say you were a drunk. I said you were drunk. | 我没说你是醉鬼 我说你喝醉了 |
[42:58] | Honey, you have two cups. What’s up with that? | 亲爱的 你拿了两个杯子 用来干什么的 |
[43:00] | I poured myself a vodka and I forgot, and I poured a gin. | 我忘记自己倒了杯伏特加 又倒了杯杜松子酒 |
[43:04] | Guess I could mix ’em. | 试试混在一起 |
[43:05] | Vivian, no, no, no, no, no. | 维维安 不不不不不 |
[43:06] | You will thank me in the morning. | 明早你会感谢我的 |
[43:08] | She’s not gonna be thanking anyone in the morning. | 明早她不会感谢任何人 |
[43:10] | – I’ll keep Vivian close tonight. – I’m not a child. | – 今晚我来看着维维安 – 我又不是小孩 |
[43:12] | Hey, we’ve all done this. | 嘿 我们一起看着她 |
[43:13] | I once mixed tequila, absinthe and red wine. | 有一次我把龙舌兰酒 苦艾酒和红葡萄酒混在一起 |
[43:17] | – Ouch. – Came out pink. | – 天哪 – 结果是粉色的 |
[43:18] | I’d never puked my favorite color before. | 之前我从来没觉得我最喜欢的颜色这么恶心 |
[43:21] | I don’t even much like the taste of alcohol. | 我甚至都不喜欢酒精的味道了 |
[43:23] | Me either. | 我也是 |
[43:25] | But I like being tipsy. | 但我喜欢微醺的感觉 |
[43:26] | I mean, I wish there was a pill… | 要是有一种药丸 |
[43:28] | I-I guess there is. It’s called “pills.” | 我猜是有的 就叫 药丸 |
[43:31] | Hi, girls. What happened to all the guys? | 美女们 那些男人们怎么了 |
[43:34] | They’re clustered in a corner. | 他们聚在角落里 |
[43:35] | Why do they do that? | 他们为什么要那样 |
[43:37] | Why do they cluster like that? | 为什么要那样聚在一起 |
[43:38] | Because we intimidate them or because | 是被我们赶过去的吗 |
[43:40] | they’re finally admitting they don’t know anything about cars? | 还是他们终于承认自己对汽车一无所知 |
[43:44] | Lots of tears and catharsis over that. | 在那哭着诉苦 |
[43:47] | Or maybe they’re just hoping to start a really easily-winnable | 也可能是他们想跟我们来场 |
[43:50] | game of tug-of-war. | 不费吹灰之力的拔河比赛 |
[43:52] | Or it’s just a bunch of guys | 还是他们只是一群 |
[43:53] | who didn’t make their high school team talking about | 不会和高中队友讨论 |
[43:55] | how Mickey Mantle can improve his swing. | 米奇 曼托怎么提高转弯能力的人 |
[44:10] | Hi, Rose. | 嗨 罗斯 |
[44:11] | Did Midge tell you? I’m bringing Ethan back. | 米琪没告诉你吗 我带伊森回来 |
[44:18] | See you later, sport. | 再见 小运动员 |
[44:19] | Bye, Daddy. | 再见 爸爸 |
[44:27] | Your wife is working. | 你老婆在工作 |
[44:33] | Your first apartment? | 你的第一间公寓 |
[44:36] | My very first. | 我第一间 |
[44:36] | You know, I never had a first apartment. | 我从来没拥有过一间公寓 |
[44:39] | I lived with my folks, went to college, got married. | 我和家人住 然后读大学 结婚 |
[44:42] | I’ve never killed my own spiders. | 我甚至没试过自己打蜘蛛 |
[44:44] | What do you do if you see one? | 如果你看到蜘蛛会怎么办 |
[44:46] | I assume just get a new apartment. | 可能再找间新公寓吧 |
[44:48] | Really, three girls and one bathroom? | 说真的 三个女孩用一个卫生间 |
[44:51] | And you haven’t tried to kill each other yet? | 你们竟然还没有杀了对方 |
[44:53] | Just… attack each other with eyelash curlers, | 只是 用睫毛夹当武器而已 |
[44:55] | karate each other with bra straps… | 穿着内衣比划空手道 |
[44:57] | What happens here? It’s frightening. | 这里发生了什么 太可怕了 |
[45:00] | ♪ Would ya like to know what kind of conversation goes on ♪ | ♪ 你想知道当他们在家游手好闲时 ♪ |
[45:03] | ♪ While they’re loafing around at home? ♪ | ♪ 聊些什么吗 ♪ |
[45:04] | ♪ They’ll be tryin’ out Bevo, tryin’ out cubebs ♪ | ♪ 他们喝贝芙饮料 尝尝荜澄茄 ♪ |
[45:06] | ♪ Tryin’ out Tailor Mades like Cigarette Fiends ♪ | ♪ 穿着裁缝做的衣裳 像个老烟枪 ♪ |
[45:09] | ♪ And braggin’ all about how they’re gonna cover up ♪ | ♪ 吹嘘他们要如何掩盖 ♪ |
[45:11] | ♪ A tell-tale breath with Sen-Sen ♪ | ♪ 口气清新剂也没救 ♪ |
[45:13] | ♪ One fine night, they leave the pool hall ♪ | ♪ 一天晚上 他们离开台球厅 ♪ |
[45:15] | ♪ Headin’ for the dance at the Arm’ry ♪ | ♪ 直奔舞会 ♪ |
[45:17] | ♪ Libertine men and Scarlet women ♪ | ♪ 好色的男人和害羞的女人 ♪ |
[45:18] | ♪ And Rag-time, shameless music ♪ | ♪ 拉格泰姆音乐 粗俗的音乐 ♪ |
[45:20] | ♪ That’ll grab your son, your daughter ♪ | ♪ 吸引了你儿子和女儿 ♪ |
[45:22] | ♪ With the arms of a jungle animal instinct, mass-steria ♪ | ♪ 丛林动物本能的武器 ♪ |
[45:25] | ♪ Friends, the idle brain is the devil’s playground, trouble ♪ | ♪ 朋友 空虚的大脑是魔鬼的舞台 麻烦 ♪ |
[45:28] | ♪ We got trouble ♪ | ♪ 陷入麻烦 ♪ |
[45:29] | ♪ Right here in River City ♪ | ♪ 就在河流之城 ♪ |
[45:31] | ♪ With a capital “T” and that rhymes with “P” ♪ | ♪ 首字母T 韵脚是P ♪ |
[45:33] | ♪ That stands for pool ♪ | ♪ 那代表游泳池 ♪ |
[45:35] | ♪ We’ve surely got trouble ♪ | ♪ 我们肯定有麻烦了 ♪ |
[45:38] | ♪ Right here in River City ♪ | ♪ 就在河流之城 ♪ |
[45:39] | ♪ Right here ♪ | ♪ 就在这 ♪ |
[45:39] | ♪ Gotta figure out a way ♪ | ♪ 要找到出路 ♪ |
[45:40] | ♪ To keep the young ones moral after school ♪ | ♪ 让放学后的年轻人道德健康 ♪ |
[45:42] | ♪ Our children’s children gonna have trouble, trouble ♪ | ♪ 我们孩子的孩子会陷入麻烦 麻烦 ♪ |
[45:44] | ♪ Trouble, trouble… ♪ | ♪ 麻烦 麻烦 ♪ |
[45:45] | ♪ Mothers of River City ♪ | ♪ 河流之城的母亲们 ♪ |
[45:47] | ♪ Heed that warning before it’s too late ♪ | ♪ 要未雨绸缪 ♪ |
[45:49] | ♪ Watch for the tell-tale signs of corruption ♪ | ♪ 时刻警惕堕落的迹象 ♪ |
[45:51] | ♪ The minute your son leaves the house ♪ | ♪ 你的儿子离开家的那一刻 ♪ |
[45:53] | ♪ Does he rebuckle his knickerbockers below the knee? ♪ | ♪ 有没有把灯笼裤卷到膝下 ♪ |
[45:56] | ♪ Is there a nicotine stain on his index finger? ♪ | ♪ 食指间有没有尼古丁的污迹 ♪ |
[45:58] | ♪ A dime novel hidden in the corn crib? ♪ | ♪ 藏在玉米堆里的廉价小说 ♪ |
[46:00] | ♪ Is he starting to memorize jokes ♪ | ♪ 他开始背笑话了吗 ♪ |
[46:02] | ♪ From Captain Billy’s Whiz Bang? ♪ | ♪ 学比利船长的好帮手 ♪ |
[46:04] | ♪ Are certain words creeping into his conversation? ♪ | ♪ 这些词有没有出现在他的言语中 ♪ |
[46:07] | ♪ Words like “swell” ♪ | ♪ 比如 膨胀 ♪ |
[46:10] | ♪ And “So’s your old man”? Well, if so my friends ♪ | ♪ 和 你们真老土 如果有的话 我的朋友 ♪ |
[46:15] | ♪ Ya got trouble ♪ | ♪ 你有麻烦了 ♪ |
[46:16] | ♪ We got trouble ♪ | ♪ 我们有麻烦了 ♪ |
[46:17] | ♪ Right here in River city ♪ | ♪ 就在河流之城 ♪ |
[46:19] | ♪ With capital “T” And that rhymes with “P” ♪ | ♪ 首字母T 韵脚是P ♪ |
[46:21] | ♪ And that stands for pool ♪ | ♪ 那代表游泳池 ♪ |
[46:22] | ♪ That stands for pool ♪ | ♪ 那代表游泳池 ♪ |
[46:23] | ♪ We’ve surely got trouble ♪ | ♪ 我们肯定有麻烦了 ♪ |
[46:25] | ♪ Right here in River City ♪ | ♪ 就在河流之城 ♪ |
[46:26] | ♪ Right here ♪ | ♪ 就在这里 ♪ |
[46:27] | ♪ Gotta figure out a way to keep the young ones moral after school ♪ | ♪ 想办法让放学后的年轻人道德健康 ♪ |
[46:29] | ♪ Our children’s children gonna have trouble ♪ | ♪ 我们孩子的孩子会陷入麻烦 ♪ |
[46:31] | ♪ Trouble ♪ | ♪ 麻烦 ♪ |
[46:32] | ♪ We got trouble ♪ | ♪ 我们有麻烦了 ♪ |
[46:33] | ♪ Right here in River City ♪ | ♪ 就在河流之城 ♪ |
[46:35] | ♪ With a capital “T” and that rhymes with “P” ♪ | ♪ 首字母T 韵脚是P ♪ |
[46:36] | ♪ And that stand for pool ♪ | ♪ 那代表游泳池 ♪ |
[46:38] | ♪ We’ve surely got trouble ♪ | ♪ 我们肯定有麻烦了 ♪ |
[46:40] | ♪ Right here in River City ♪ | ♪ 就在这河流之城 ♪ |
[46:41] | ♪ Right here ♪ | ♪ 就在这里 ♪ |
[46:41] | ♪ Remember the Maine, Plymouth Rock and the Golden Rule ♪ | ♪ 记住缅因州 普利茅斯摇滚和黄金法则 ♪ |
[46:44] | ♪ Our children’s children gonna have trouble ♪ | ♪ 我们孩子的孩子会陷入麻烦 ♪ |
[46:46] | ♪ Trouble ♪ | ♪ 麻烦 ♪ |
[46:47] | ♪ We got trouble ♪ | ♪ 我们陷入麻烦 ♪ |
[46:47] | ♪ Right here in River City ♪ | ♪ 就在这河流之城 ♪ |
[46:49] | ♪ With a capital “T” and that rhymes with “P” ♪ | ♪ 首字母T 韵脚是P ♪ |
[46:51] | ♪ And that stands for pool ♪ | ♪ 那代表游泳池 ♪ |
[46:52] | ♪ That stands for pool ♪ | ♪ 那代表游泳池 ♪ |
[46:53] | ♪ We’ve surely got trouble ♪ | ♪ 我们肯定有麻烦了 ♪ |
[46:55] | ♪ Right here in River City ♪ | ♪ 就在这河流之城 ♪ |
[46:56] | ♪ Right here ♪ | ♪ 就在这 ♪ |
[46:57] | ♪ Gotta figure out a way to keep the young ones moral after school ♪ | ♪ 想办法让放学后的年轻人道德健康 ♪ |
[46:59] | ♪ Our children’s children gonna have trouble ♪ | ♪ 我们孩子的孩子会陷入麻烦 ♪ |
[47:01] | ♪ We’ve got trouble ♪ | ♪ 我们有麻烦了 ♪ |
[47:02] | ♪ We’re in terrible, terrible trouble ♪ | ♪ 我们陷入了巨大 巨大的麻烦 ♪ |
[47:04] | ♪ That game with the 15 numbered balls is a devil’s tool ♪ | ♪ 有15个数字球的游戏是恶魔的工具 ♪ |
[47:06] | ♪ Devil’s tool ♪ | ♪ 恶魔的工具 ♪ |
[47:07] | ♪ Yes, we got trouble, trouble, trouble ♪ | ♪ 对 我们陷入麻烦 麻烦 麻烦 ♪ |
[47:09] | ♪ Yes, we got trouble here, we got big, big trouble ♪ | ♪ 对 我们陷入麻烦 超大超大的麻烦 ♪ |
[47:11] | ♪ With a “T” ♪ | ♪ 首字母T ♪ |
[47:12] | ♪ With a capital “T” ♪ | ♪ 首字母T ♪ |
[47:13] | ♪ Gotta rhyme it with “P” ♪ | ♪ 韵脚是P ♪ |
[47:14] | ♪ That rhymes with “P” ♪ | ♪ 韵脚是P ♪ |
[47:15] | ♪ And that stands for pool! ♪ | ♪ 那代表游泳池 ♪ |
[47:15] | ♪ That stands for pool! ♪ | ♪ 那代表游泳池 ♪ |