时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | 加州纳帕谷 威斯汀度假村 | |
[00:03] | Welcome to the 23rd Annual | 欢迎光临一年一度的第23届 |
[00:06] | West Resort Best Chef Challenge. | 威斯汀度假村厨师争霸赛 |
[00:13] | I’m Duesterberg, your host. | 在下杜希博格 此次比赛的主持 |
[00:15] | Our competing chef today are: | 本日的参赛选手有 |
[00:18] | first, from Restaurant 182 in Sanova | 第一位出场的是来自萨诺瓦182餐厅的 |
[00:22] | the youngest winner ever of the schilling palm d’cuisine, | 主厨汉娜·迪亚兹 奥地利棕榈厨艺大赛 |
[00:26] | Chef Hannah Diaz. | 史上最年轻的获胜者 |
[00:33] | From San Francisco, where they host | 有来自旧金山的 |
[00:35] | The acclaimed public radio show “Two top,” | 艾利斯和茱莉亚·圣日耳曼夫妇 |
[00:38] | Chefs Arliss and Julia St. Germain. | 其主持的公共电台节目”双强”人气颇高 |
[00:49] | Jeff, do you want the mousse? | 杰弗 需要慕斯吗 |
[00:52] | – Jeff? – Yeah, yeah. | -杰弗 -是是 |
[00:55] | Trained in Paris, | 有曾在巴黎进修 |
[00:55] | He is executive chef at la petite maison, | 现任法式小食屋的行政主厨 |
[00:59] | Chef Adrien Ludo! | 艾卓恩·卢多 |
[01:06] | Where’s my chives? Let’s go, people! | 我的小葱呢 动作快点 |
[01:10] | And first up before our judges today… | 在评委们试餐之前… |
[01:15] | Okay, let’s move! | 完成 上菜 |
[01:16] | Come on, go, go! Hurry up, people. | 再接再厉 一冲到底 |
[01:19] | Jeffrey Barge. | 有请杰弗里·巴吉 |
[01:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:36] | My… | 我… |
[01:38] | My first… | 我今天的… |
[01:40] | Dish today… Is… | 第一道菜品…是… |
[01:45] | Is, uh… | 是… |
[01:56] | Is there a doctor in house, please? | 在座各位有医生吗 |
[01:59] | Somebody call 9-1-1! Jeffrey! | 快报警 杰弗里 |
[02:02] | Jeffrey! Somebody! | 杰弗里 快报警 |
[02:04] | Jeffrey, say something! | 杰弗里 说话啊 |
[02:07] | Can you hear me? Jeffrey? | 能听到我说话吗 杰弗里 |
[02:20] | Anything from the deputy coroner? | 副级法医那里有结论吗 |
[02:22] | Just that he can’t tell us anything yet. | 目前为止还没有 |
[02:23] | Tell him we need to know. | 让他快点 |
[02:24] | If this guy died of natural causes, | 如果死者系自然死亡 |
[02:26] | – we’re going home. – Why so grumpy? | -我们就走人 -你怎么这样恶劣 |
[02:28] | – I’m not. – Why are we here? | -才没有 -我们为什么接这案子 |
[02:30] | We don’t even know if it’s a murder. | 是不是凶杀还有待调查 |
[02:31] | One of the chefs called her daddy who’s a state senator, | 参赛厨师中有人给她州议员老爸一个电话 |
[02:34] | Who called the A.G., who called the assistant a.G., | 然后议员联系检察总长 总长联系助理总长 |
[02:36] | Who called me. So we’re here. | 助理总长再联系我 好差事就落到我们头上 |
[02:38] | – I hate politics. – This might go quick. | -我讨厌政治 -可能会速战速决 |
[02:40] | Victim had a fistfight with the event organizer. | 死者曾和比赛组织者大打出手 |
[02:43] | Happy days. | 今天是个好日子 |
[02:46] | I want to be very clear. | 让我把话说清楚 |
[02:48] | What happened was sheerest accident. | 那件事纯粹是意外 |
[02:50] | I did nothing wrong. | 我是清白的 |
[02:51] | Let’s just stick to the facts, mr. Duesterberg. | 杜希博格先生 我们还是实事求是吧 |
[02:54] | You said you had a fight with the victim. About what? | 你和死者有过肢体冲突 事发原因呢 |
[02:57] | – Truffles. – Truffles? | -松露[食材] -什么松露 |
[02:59] | Yes. They– they’re very pricey fungus. | 是一种昂贵的真菌类植物 |
[03:02] | I know what a truffle is. | 这我知道 |
[03:04] | Jeffrey ordered a bundle and he paid for them himself. | 杰弗里定购了一批 并自己付了款 |
[03:06] | A few hours before the competition, | 在赛前几个小时 |
[03:08] | He couldn’t find them. | 松露却找不到了 |
[03:10] | He demanded replacements, | 他要求补货 |
[03:11] | which would have cost thousands. | 但那东西价格不菲 |
[03:13] | I said no. | 我拒绝了他的要求 |
[03:14] | He started yelling and then shoving. | 杰弗里就开始大喊大叫还动起手来 |
[03:16] | Naturally, I defended myself. | 很自然 我正当防卫 |
[03:18] | Very gently, of course. | 没错 而且相当克制 |
[03:19] | And then he… Fell on his head? Something like that? | 然后杰弗里就人头倒地了 |
[03:22] | It’s as I said it wa– it was an accident. | 正如我所说 这是起意外 |
[03:24] | Oh, we’ll see. | 真相自会揭晓 |
[03:25] | Jeffrey sounds like a scrapper. Quick with his fists? | 杰弗里似乎身手不错 出拳快速? |
[03:28] | No, not really. He was– he was a genius. | 不能这样说 他是个天才 |
[03:31] | Genius can be noisy. | 天才有时也令人难相处 |
[03:33] | But he–he’s never laid hands on me before. | 但是他从没对我大打出手过 |
[03:36] | Genius, really? | 天才 当真 |
[03:41] | – Hey, is he good for it? – Not sure yet. | -那人有嫌疑吗 -暂时说不准 |
[03:44] | – What’s that? – I don’t know. | -你吃什么 -不知道 |
[03:45] | Some hors d’oeuvre thing they’re handing out. | 有什么吃什么啰 |
[03:47] | – Want one? – No, thanks. | -来点吗 -不 谢了 |
[03:48] | I don’t eat anything I can’t identify. | 不明物体我可不碰 |
[03:50] | Excuse me. Is this the victim’s dish? | 打扰一下 这是死者的参赛菜品吗 |
[03:52] | Yes. | 对 |
[04:00] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[04:05] | Pardon. | 抱歉 |
[04:07] | No genius there. Way too much salt. | 这水准和天才还差了些 盐放多了 |
[04:14] | Dr. Steiner. | 斯坦纳法医 |
[04:16] | Long time. New threads. Sharp. | 好久不见 新衣服啊 不错 |
[04:18] | Yes. The move from Sacramento has been quite pleasant. | 是啊 真庆幸从萨克拉曼多警局调走 |
[04:21] | Fine wine, lovely weather, no Patrick Jane… | 有香醇美酒和宜人气候 还没有你来烦我 |
[04:23] | Or so I hoped. | 或只是我一厢情愿 |
[04:25] | Cheeky. Have you checked his mouth? | 脸颊泛红 检查过死者的口腔吗 |
[04:27] | For a possible head injury? | 死者可能有头部创伤 |
[04:29] | I don’t think so. | 和口腔扯不上关系 |
[04:30] | Don’t be alarmed, I am going to touch you. | 别紧张 我要碰你咯 |
[04:33] | Mr. Jane, please, I am in the– | 别 简先生 我正在作业 |
[04:35] | Yuck. Lisbon! | 中招 里斯本快来 |
[04:40] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[04:41] | What–what made you think to look there? | 你如何想到要检查口腔 |
[04:43] | Well, bad-tasting food means bad taste buds. | 菜品难吃说明他的味蕾有问题 |
[04:47] | So much for the head wound. | 这么说不是头部撞伤 |
[04:49] | Duesterberg’s off the hook. | 杜希博格排除头号嫌疑 |
[04:51] | He didn’t die from a fall. | 死因不是头部创伤 |
[04:52] | Let’s huddle together, | 伙计们打起精神 |
[04:53] | – divvy up the interviews. – What did kill him? | -分头排查嫌疑人 -死因是? |
[04:55] | Poison. | 中毒而死 |
[05:12] | The nearest report came back, | 最新尸检报告出来了 |
[05:14] | Deputy coroner says | 副法医说致死毒物 |
[05:15] | that the poison is probably ricin. | 很可能是蓖麻毒素[一种剧毒蛋白质] |
[05:17] | – Victim either ate it or drank it. – Well, it makes sense. | -死者饮食固体或液体时摄入 -有理 |
[05:19] | If it was airborne, people would be dropping like flies. | 如果由空气传播 中毒者就不只一个 |
[05:21] | And ricin’s easy enough to make. | 获取蓖麻毒素相当容易 |
[05:22] | Grind up some castor beans. | 将蓖麻子碾碎就可取得 |
[05:23] | Makes for a broad suspect pool. | 那嫌疑人范围就很大 |
[05:24] | They tested the victim’s food. | 检测过死者的菜品 |
[05:25] | There’s no sign of it there or in the kitchen. | 没有下毒迹象 厨房里也是 |
[05:27] | And ricin takes hours to work. | 蓖麻毒素中毒发作有潜伏期 |
[05:28] | Must’ve been something he ingested a while ago. | 死者服用定有一段时间 |
[05:30] | No need to get your stomach pumped then, huh? | 你不会去洗胃吧 |
[05:32] | Ha, funny. | 哈哈 很好笑 |
[05:34] | You search the room. | 搜查死者房间 |
[05:35] | Test any liquid or food that you find. | 测试找到的饮料和食物 |
[05:37] | Yeah, you got it. The victim’s wife just arrived. | 知道 死者妻子到了 |
[05:40] | I’ll handle it. You talk to the other chefs. | 我来负责 你去询问其他厨师 |
[05:43] | Duesterberg says that | 杜希博格说比赛获胜者 |
[05:45] | The winner of the contest gets 100 grand. | 可获得10万美刀奖金 |
[05:51] | What are you doing? | 你瞎晃悠什么 |
[05:56] | Trying to get the taste of salty food out of my mouth. | 刚才的菜太咸 吃点别的去去味 |
[05:59] | Pot de creme. It’s basically a pretentious chocolate pudding. | 灌奶油甜点 其实就是巧克力布丁 |
[06:02] | – Very nice. You want some? – No. | -很好吃 要来口吗 -不要 |
[06:04] | We have to go and talk to the victim’s wife. | 我们得去找死者妻子谈谈 |
[06:06] | Well, maybe she’ll want some. | 也许她会喜欢这个 |
[06:09] | Comfort food. | 心灵安抚型食物 |
[06:12] | Jeffrey was a dear friend. | 杰弗里是我们的好朋友 |
[06:14] | We’d known each other for years. | 我们认识有好多年 |
[06:16] | Which is why I had my father bring you on. | 所以我拜托父亲请你们介入此案 |
[06:18] | We want to find out who did this. | 希望案件能水落石出 |
[06:19] | Interesting that you called us in | 有趣的是在确定是毒杀案前 |
[06:21] | before anyone knew it was poison. | 你就知道并通知我们来接手此案 |
[06:23] | You know something everyone else didn’t? | 你有什么内幕消息吗 |
[06:24] | No, I just knew that something was wrong. | 不 我只是觉得有些不对劲 |
[06:27] | Now you’re all in competition for a large cash prize. | 你们是竞争对手 比赛奖金丰厚 |
[06:30] | – Helps that one of you is dead, doesn’t it? – Helps? | -死一个对手是好事吧 -好事? |
[06:33] | We eat together. We work together. We’re comrades. | 我们在一起吃饭工作 是好伙伴 |
[06:36] | Something to add, Miss Diaz? | 有什么要补充的吗 迪亚兹女士 |
[06:38] | Dude, if we’re all such comrades, | 得了吧 要真是好伙伴 |
[06:40] | Why’d you try and steal Jeff’s sous-chef? | 你为何要想挖走杰弗的副厨 |
[06:42] | Not true. | 没有这回事 |
[06:43] | – Inquiries were made, that’s all. – Yeah, right. | -我没什么可说的 -是啊 不错 |
[06:47] | How’d you feel about the victim? | 你对受害者有什么看法 |
[06:48] | I hated his guts. | 我讨厌他那性格 |
[06:49] | Egotistical, manipulative, | 妄自尊大 控制欲强 |
[06:51] | Maybe half as good as he thought he was. | 自以为很强 其实根本一半不到 |
[06:53] | Which would still make him twice the chef that you are. | 即使那样也比你强上一倍 |
[06:56] | Why don’t you go get another tattoo? | 你干嘛不去再加个纹身 |
[06:58] | Bite me, Julia. | 得了吧 茱莉亚 |
[06:59] | The delivery guy says | 快递员说 |
[07:01] | he left Jeffrey’s truffles on his station this morning, | 他今早把松露送到杰弗里的处所 |
[07:03] | Then they vanished. So who stole the truffles? | 结果却不见了 是谁偷了松露 |
[07:06] | well, stealing truffles | 偷走松露的人 |
[07:08] | – Makes one of us a murderer? – It’s a start. | -就是凶手吗 -有这可能 |
[07:12] | – What? – That is exactly the kind of thing that he would do. | -怎么了 -这正像是他会做的事 |
[07:16] | He and Jeffrey never really got along. | 他和杰弗里从来就处不好 |
[07:18] | You fat bastard. | 你这肥猪 |
[07:20] | And truffles are very expensive, aren’t they? | 松露很昂贵吧 |
[07:21] | And you wouldn’t throw them out. Mnh-mnh. | 要是偷了可不舍得扔掉 |
[07:24] | Where does he keep his food? | 他在哪保存食物 |
[07:26] | Down on the left side of the pantry. | 食品贮藏柜的左下方 |
[07:27] | You know who would stop at nothing to win? Those two. | 知道谁会为胜利不择手段吗 是他俩 |
[07:30] | Ask them about the book deal they’ve been chasing. | 问问他们在争的那本书约吧 |
[07:33] | A competition prize would help that, no? | 赢了竞赛大奖肯定大有帮助吧 |
[07:38] | Okay, fine. Arrest me. | 好吧 逮捕我啊 |
[07:41] | But I didn’t steal the truffles, okay? | 但这不算是我偷了松露 |
[07:43] | I rescued them from a terrible, terrible fate. | 只是避免它们被糟蹋而已 |
[07:46] | I see. | 好吧 |
[07:47] | Did Jeffrey have any problems that you knew about, | 据你所知 杰弗里有没有什么问题 |
[07:51] | personally or at work? | 个人的或者工作上的 |
[07:57] | We were a problem. | 我们之间有问题 |
[08:01] | We’re separated. | 我们分居了 |
[08:03] | I haven’t spoken to Jeffrey in months. | 我几个月没和杰弗里说话了 |
[08:05] | What was the breakup about? | 你们为什么分开 |
[08:07] | Oh, god, what wasn’t? Um… | 呃 其实就是… |
[08:09] | Drinking, mostly. | 主要原因是酗酒 |
[08:11] | Occupational disease for chefs. | 厨师们的职业病 |
[08:13] | It’s the pressure. It wants a release. | 压力太大 需要宣泄 |
[08:15] | -That, and, um– -Don’t listen to her, whatever she says. | -然后 -不管她说什么 都别听她的 |
[08:19] | She hates Jeff. | 她恨杰弗 |
[08:20] | – And you are? – Victim’s brother. | -你是哪位 -受害者的弟弟 |
[08:24] | Cheekbones. Come on. You can see that. | 颧骨一模一样 那么明显 |
[08:26] | Uh, Kevin, why don’t we talk later? | 凯文 我们迟些再谈吧 |
[08:29] | Yeah, I-I don’t think so, Abigail. | 我看不用 艾比盖尔 |
[08:30] | My brother was a freakin’ genius, all right? | 我弟弟是个无敌天才 知道吗 |
[08:33] | You think anybody in my family taught him how to cook? | 我们家可没人教他掌厨 |
[08:36] | Please. He wanted to be a great chef, | 就是这样 他想成为伟大的厨师 |
[08:39] | and that’s what he was. | 所以就一直努力 |
[08:40] | Did it all by himself. And you? | 全靠自己 而你呢 |
[08:42] | You were perfectly happy to spend his money, | 你就会随心所欲花他的钱 |
[08:45] | Weren’t you, Abigail? | 不是吗 艾比盖尔 |
[08:46] | Your brother was a great man. | 你哥哥是个强人 |
[08:48] | He elevated himself, didn’t he? | 他实现了自我 对吧 |
[08:49] | But you didn’t. | 但你没有 |
[08:51] | That must’ve been cause for some friction, I would think. | 我觉得这会引起你们的摩擦 |
[08:54] | Did he leave you anything– your brother? | 你哥哥留给你什么没 |
[08:57] | Or did he leave it all to the hated sister-in-law? | 还是把一切都留给了你那讨厌的嫂子呢 |
[09:00] | – The money, the restaurant– – Why don’t you step back? | -钱 餐厅 -你给我闭嘴 |
[09:02] | Kevin, that’s enough, all right? | 凯文 够了 好吗 |
[09:04] | No, you don’t tell me what to do, okay? | 不 你少指挥我 听到没 |
[09:05] | As you can see, drinking– it runs in the family. | 如你们所见 一家子都有酗酒问题 |
[09:08] | Oh, s-see, that’s how wrong you are, actually. | 这点上你就错了 |
[09:11] | Jeff was sober. He was in the program for two weeks. | 杰弗在戒酒 已经两个礼拜了 |
[09:14] | Right. I’ve heard that before. | 好吧 我之前也听说了 |
[09:17] | It’s probably why he called. | 所以他才打电话吧 |
[09:19] | You said you hadn’t talked to him. | 你刚还说你没和他说过话 |
[09:20] | I-I didn’t talk. | 我 我没张口 |
[09:23] | Whoa. Two weeks sober. That’s impressive. | 戒酒两周 令人赞叹啊 |
[09:26] | And what else are you hiding from us? | 你还瞒着我们什么 |
[09:30] | Look, he called last night at 12:30. | 听着 他昨晚12:30打电话给我 |
[09:33] | I hung up. | 我挂了 |
[09:35] | What’d he say? | 他说了什么 |
[09:37] | He said… | 他说 |
[09:43] | He said he was sorry. | 他说他很抱歉 |
[09:47] | 受害者套间 威斯汀度假村 | |
[09:58] | Test for ricin. | 蓖麻毒素测试 |
[10:00] | “Yellow” Means positive, “Nothing” Means… | 黄色表示有毒 没变化就是 |
[10:04] | nothing. | 无毒 |
[10:08] | This place is quite a mess. | 这地方够乱的 |
[10:10] | What do you think the intruder wanted? | 有人闯进来找东西吗 |
[10:12] | Nobody was looking for anything. | 没有这种事 |
[10:14] | Jeffrey did this himself. | 是杰弗里自己干的 |
[10:16] | And you know this, how? | 你又怎么知道 |
[10:18] | The punched-in mirror is an act of self-hatred. | 捶碎镜子是自我怨恨的行为 |
[10:21] | Plus, all these drawers are closed. | 还有 抽屉都关着 |
[10:23] | A thoughtful ransacker would close maybe one, | 深思熟虑的洗劫者或许会关上一两个 |
[10:25] | But all of them? No. | 但不会关上所有的 |
[10:27] | Anyway… | 随便了 |
[10:29] | Room’s clean. No poison. We’re moving on. | 屋内无毒 嫌疑排除 我们撤吧 |
[10:32] | That’s nice. | 很好 |
[10:33] | Except you’re not. What’s up? | 除非你还没好 怎么了 |
[10:36] | Well, Jeffrey was recently sober, | 杰弗里最近在戒酒 |
[10:38] | But acting erratically. | 但表现的很不稳定 |
[10:39] | Demolishing his room, picking fistfights, | 破坏房间 打架斗殴 |
[10:42] | Calling his estranged wife in the middle of the night– | 半夜打电话给决裂的妻子 |
[10:45] | You know what that’s called? | 你知道这是什么吗 |
[10:47] | Relapse? | 旧病复发 |
[10:47] | Yes. And an addict on a relapse will hide his stash. | 是 复发的酒瘾会让他偷藏存货 |
[10:59] | What better way to poison a drunk | 要毒死一个醉汉 |
[11:02] | than through his drink? | 用酒再好不过 |
[11:04] | – Let’s check it out. – Let’s. | -查查这个 -来吧 |
[11:13] | – There we go. – Hold the applause. | -结果呢 -准备好鼓掌吧 |
[11:19] | Bingo. | 正解 |
[11:24] | Poison gin. | 含毒的琴酒 |
[11:26] | A smart way to eliminate a rival. | 干掉对手的好方法 |
[11:33] | But not the act of a gentleman, | 但实在不够绅士 |
[11:35] | is it… | 是吧 |
[11:36] | Monsieur Ludo? | 卢多先生 |
[11:40] | Are you joking? | 开玩笑吧 |
[11:42] | Rigsby, take him in. | 瑞斯比 带他走 |
[11:45] | This is not right. | 你们搞错了 |
[11:48] | I have done nothing. I have done nothing. | 我什么都没做 我是清白的 |
[11:50] | Hang on. Come on, let’s– | 等等 来吧 我们 |
[11:54] | – She’s the one we need to talk to. – Me? Wh– | -我们该问讯她 -什么 |
[11:56] | You should’ve seen your reaction when I accused Ludo– | 看看我指控卢多时你什么反应吧 |
[11:59] | Pure relief. | 完全解脱的表情 |
[12:01] | Oh, come on, please. At least attempt denying it. | 拜托 你至少也掩饰一下吧 |
[12:04] | – I didn’t do it. – She’s the one. | -不是我干的 -就是她 |
[12:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:10] | Merci. | 谢谢 |
[12:16] | Why would I want to kill jeffrey? | 我为什么要杀了杰弗里 |
[12:19] | Winning a contest like this would do a lot for a young woman | 赢个大奖能帮一个年轻女人 |
[12:22] | – trying to prove herself. – I don’t have anything to prove. | -证明自己 -我不需要 |
[12:25] | You’re a good cook. | 你厨艺高超 |
[12:27] | Making ricin out of castor beans | 把毒素从蓖麻籽中提取出来 |
[12:28] | – wouldn’t be hard, would it? – No. But I didn’t. | -并不难吧 -对 但我没做 |
[12:32] | Take a look at this, Hannah. | 看看这个 汉娜 |
[12:33] | that’s your credit card statement. | 你的信用卡记录 |
[12:36] | You bought gin. | 你买了琴酒 |
[12:38] | I’m over 21. | 我超过21岁了 |
[12:40] | – It’s not a crime. -You just | -喝酒是合法的 -这么巧吗 |
[12:42] | happened to buy yourself the same type of gin | 你买的酒和在死者屋里发现的酒 |
[12:44] | – we found in the victim’s room? – Look, can I go or what? I– | -一模一样 -我能走了吗 |
[12:47] | Hannah, we have enough to charge you with murder right now. | 汉娜 我们现在完全可以指控你谋杀罪 |
[12:50] | You need to talk to us, tell us your side of the story. | 你最好坦白 说出真相 |
[12:58] | I’m 28. | 我28岁了 |
[13:00] | I run my own kitchen. | 我经营自己的餐馆 |
[13:03] | I don’t have any… | 在餐饮行业 |
[13:05] | Food network connections, | 我没有关系网络 |
[13:07] | No cookbook with my name on it. | 菜谱上也没有我的名字 |
[13:10] | The westing is my way up. | 威斯汀是我攀升的机会 |
[13:14] | Jeffrey was the one to beat. | 我必须击败杰弗里 |
[13:17] | we all knew it. | 我们都清楚 |
[13:20] | So I figured… | 所以我想 |
[13:22] | Get him a drink. | 让他喝点酒 |
[13:24] | Why not? Level the playing field. | 何乐而不为 人人机会均等 |
[13:28] | So, yeah, I bought him the gin. | 所以我买琴酒给他 |
[13:31] | – But I have no idea how the ricin got in there. – Okay. | -但我不知道为何酒里有毒 -好吧 |
[13:34] | I just tried to get him drunk, that’s all. | 我只想让他喝醉而已 |
[13:37] | No poison. | 没下毒 |
[13:44] | Without anything else, we can’t hold her. | 证据不足 我们不能拘留她 |
[13:47] | What do you got? | 你有什么发现 |
[13:48] | Jeffrey’s phone records. | 杰弗里的通话记录 |
[13:50] | Confirmed the call with his wife. | 确实和他老婆通过话 |
[13:52] | How long did they talk? | 说了多久 |
[13:54] | About five seconds. Guess she did hang up. | 五秒钟左右 估计是她挂了 |
[13:57] | But there’s a second call at 2:00 a.M. | 但半夜两点他又打了个电话 |
[13:59] | – That one lasted over an hour. -Who’d he call? | -打了一个多小时 -打给谁的 |
[14:02] | His restaurant. | 他的餐馆 |
[14:09] | Miss Barge, you have a minute? | 巴吉小姐 你有空吗 |
[14:12] | Yeah, sure. What’s up? | 是啊 怎么了 |
[14:14] | Money troubles? | 遇到财政问题了吗 |
[14:15] | How’d you guess? | 你怎么知道 |
[14:17] | Well, it’s a restaurant. They always have money troubles. | 餐馆总是有财政问题嘛 |
[14:20] | well, this restaurant’s drowning in debt. | 这个餐馆快被债务拖垮了 |
[14:22] | Jeffrey was driving this place off a cliff. | 杰弗里正在努力挽回 |
[14:26] | it was all about the food. | 都是食物的问题 |
[14:28] | This is Eliza Greene– Jeffrey’s sous-chef. | 这是艾丽莎·格林 杰弗里的厨房主管 |
[14:30] | She’s keeping things afloat while I get my bearings… | 有我在还能勉强支撑 |
[14:33] | Now that I own a failing restaurant. | 现在餐馆的情况每况愈下 |
[14:38] | Oh, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[14:40] | Um, people would say that the place is failing, | 人们会说那家店要完了 |
[14:43] | And, uh, Jeffrey would say, | 而杰弗里会说 |
[14:45] | “Yes, but failing with style.” | 是的 但品位依旧 |
[14:47] | Oh, you’re the one the others wanted to hire. | 你可是大家疯抢的宠儿 |
[14:50] | – You must be very good. – I guess. I wouldn’t know. | -你肯定很棒 -可能吧 我不知道 |
[14:54] | False modesty? | 假装谦虚 |
[14:55] | Jeffrey called the restaurant last night at 2:00 a.M. | 杰弗里昨夜2点打来电话 |
[14:58] | – Do you know who he spoke to? -Me. | -你知道他和谁通话了吗 -我 |
[15:00] | Oh, uh, he was considering changing the menu | 他正考虑换菜品 |
[15:03] | for the contest, wanted to talk about it. | 厨师比赛的菜品 他想讨论一下 |
[15:05] | Couldn’t that have waited till the morning? | 这事不能等到白天再说吗 |
[15:07] | That was just Jeff being Jeff. | 杰弗就这样啊 |
[15:09] | He was always after perfection. | 他永远追求完美 |
[15:10] | Irritating, getting a phone call like that when you’re | 很气人吧 你刚要下班回家 |
[15:12] | – on your way home from work, isn’t it? – Not at all. | -就拽个电话过来 -没有啊 |
[15:16] | If you want to make something great, | 你若想追求卓越 |
[15:18] | That’s the job. | 就必须竭尽全力 |
[15:21] | You should really get these, uh, deposits posted, | 你看看收支报告吧 |
[15:24] | – or the checks are gonna bounce. – Thanks for your time. | -不然账单要成灾了 -谢谢你们 |
[15:27] | Thank you. Night. | 谢谢 晚安 |
[15:29] | Bye. | 拜拜 |
[15:30] | Bye. Bye. | 拜拜 |
[15:36] | Where are my keys? | 我的钥匙呢 |
[15:38] | You picked my pocket? | 你居然翻了我的兜 |
[15:40] | – My turn to drive. – Jane! | -该我开车了 -简 |
[15:43] | Oh, don’t be such an old lady. Get in. | 别跟个老太太似的 上车啊 |
[15:46] | Your fears are groundless. | 你杞人忧什么天 |
[15:48] | You’re right. The car has air bags. | 好吧 反正这车有安全气囊 |
[15:59] | oh, no. | 哦不 |
[16:04] | Oh, bad move. | 这下他惨了 |
[16:24] | Victim’s brother? | 死者的弟弟吗 |
[16:25] | Kevin. | 凯文 |
[16:28] | Oh, I can’t tell you how happy I am that wasn’t my car. | 真庆幸这不是我的车 难以言表啊 |
[16:37] | You’re out of your freakin’ mind. | 你们在胡说八道些什么 |
[16:38] | I would never, ever harm my brother, ever. | 我绝不会伤害我哥哥 |
[16:41] | You assaulted and robbed a girl, Kevin, | 你袭劫了一个弱女子 凯文 |
[16:43] | Who ran your brother’s restaurant. | 而是她经营你弟弟的餐馆 |
[16:45] | You don’t think that makes you a little suspicious? | 不觉得这让你有点可疑吗 |
[16:48] | That had nothing to do with what happened to Jeff. | 和这个案子毫无关系 |
[16:51] | I don’t believe you. | 我不信 |
[16:52] | I can tell you why I went after the money, all right, | 我可以告诉你我为什么抢钱 |
[16:55] | But I’m gonna need some guarantees. | 但你得给我一些保证 |
[16:57] | Oh, so we’re negotiating now, are we? | 我们这算是在谈判咯 |
[17:00] | I have valuable information. | 我知道有价值的线索 |
[17:01] | I can help you solve Jeff’s murder. | 能帮助你破案 |
[17:04] | But you’re not gonna tell us anything | 但除非我答应你的条件 |
[17:06] | unless we cut you a deal? | 不然你则缄口不言 |
[17:12] | We’re talking about your brother here, Kevin. | 这可是你哥哥 凯文 |
[17:15] | That’s pretty low. | 你这样也太低廉了吧 |
[17:20] | You know what? You’re going to jail. | 你会进监狱 |
[17:22] | You’ll have plenty of time to think about | 到时候有的是时间 |
[17:25] | How you could’ve done things differently. | 让你追悔莫及了 |
[17:29] | Wait. | 等等 |
[17:35] | Sean Horlick. | 肖恩·霍利克 |
[17:37] | Jeff owed him money. | 杰弗欠他钱 |
[17:38] | He needed it for the restaurant. | 他的餐馆缺钱 |
[17:40] | Guy’s a loan shark. | 那人是放高利贷的 |
[17:42] | I actually put them in touch five months ago. | 我五个月前介绍他们认识 |
[17:45] | I get a call yesterday from Horlick, | 昨天我接到霍利克的电话 |
[17:47] | And he says unless I want to end up like Jeff, | 威胁说我哥哥的钱该由我来还 |
[17:50] | I’d better get him the money he owed. | 不然就和杰夫一个下场 |
[17:52] | So you rob your dead brother’s wife? | 所以你就抢嫂子的钱 |
[17:54] | she was always trying to turn Jeff against me. | 反正她总是离间我和杰弗 |
[17:56] | Said I was a bad influence or somethin’. | 说什么近墨者黑的屁话 |
[17:58] | Imagine that, huh? Crazy. | 可不是嘛 真是荒唐 |
[18:01] | I knew their deposit schedule, | 我知道结账的时间 |
[18:03] | And they don’t keep a gun. | 还知道她们没有枪 |
[18:05] | I figured she screwed me before, | 她过去为难我 |
[18:08] | I screw her back. | 我就以牙还牙 |
[18:10] | Sean Horlick. | 肖恩·霍利克 |
[18:11] | What else do you know about him? | 你还知道他什么 |
[18:14] | Fraud, racketeering, extortion, | 欺骗 敲诈 勒索 |
[18:16] | Couple of violent crimes sprinkled in. | 还有几项暴力犯罪记录 |
[18:18] | Charges never seem to stick. Horlick’s smart. | 各项指控一直没能成立 霍利克很精明 |
[18:20] | – Track him down. Take Rigsby. – Okay. | -把他找出来 叫上瑞斯比 -好 |
[18:23] | Cho, look into Jeffrey’s restaurant… | 周 查查杰弗里餐厅的 |
[18:25] | The financial records, see who else he owed money to. | 财政记录 看看他还欠谁的钱 |
[18:28] | I’ll come with. | 我也一起去 |
[18:30] | I’m a mite peckish. | 我有点饿了 |
[18:33] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[18:35] | It means I’m hungry. | 我是说我很饿 |
[18:38] | I can’t read this. | 我看不懂这个 |
[18:42] | Oh, that says, “March ’09 accounts payable.” | 是3月9号应付账款 |
[18:48] | This–this is just ridiculous. This is delicious. | 不可思议 这太好吃了 |
[18:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[18:54] | Let’s hope you can keep the quality up with the new boss. | 愿你在新老板手下厨艺再长啊 |
[18:58] | Abigail seems more concerned about the money than the menu. | 艾比盖尔关心的是钱 不是菜肴 |
[19:02] | Won’t be a problem, I promise. | 这不是问题 我保证 |
[19:10] | For god’s sake. Did you try this? | 什么味儿 你都没尝过吗 |
[19:12] | You don’t like Abigail much, do you? | 你讨厌艾比盖尔 对吗 |
[19:15] | Do it over. | 再做一次 |
[19:18] | You’re obviously very talented. | 显然你很有才华 |
[19:19] | You should’ve struck out on your own a long time ago, | 你早该自己单干 |
[19:24] | Unless there was some reason to stay. | 除非另有隐情 |
[19:27] | I did try to strike out on my own, actually, | 我的确想自己干 |
[19:29] | – Couple months ago. – Failed with style? | -就在几个月前 -风格相冲吗 |
[19:32] | I wish. State wouldn’t grant me my liquor license. | 那倒好了 我没申请到酒类执照 |
[19:34] | no license, no investors, so… | 没有执照 就没有投资人 所以嘛 |
[19:37] | Luckily, Jeffrey took me back again. | 好在杰弗里不计前嫌 |
[19:39] | So why not hook up with him? | 那为何不和他在一起呢 |
[19:41] | He was separated, available. | 他和妻子分居了 你可以趁虚而入 |
[19:43] | I’ve never liked waiting in lines. | 我可不喜欢有妇之夫 |
[19:48] | Excuse me. I’ve got prep work to do. | 失陪 我得工作了 |
[19:50] | Thanks for lunch. | 谢谢你做的午餐 |
[19:53] | I didn’t see any other loans on the books. It’s a good thing. | 这账本上没有贷款记录 没问题 |
[19:56] | Jeffrey wasn’t even taking a salary the last few months. | 最近几个月 杰弗里都没领薪水 |
[19:59] | – He wasn’t? – Hmm. | -是吗 -嗯 |
[20:01] | We’re gonna have to make a stop on the way back. | 回去路上顺便再去个地方 |
[20:09] | Huh. Magic brownies. | 神奇布朗尼 |
[20:13] | This is more… Clean-cut than I’d expected. | 比我预想的要干净整洁 |
[20:16] | Yeah, medical pot… it’s a growth industry. | 医用罐装大麻 新兴产业 |
[20:18] | First timers, huh? | 第一次来吧 |
[20:19] | I’ll tell you the same thing I tell all the newbies– | 我对新人都这么说 |
[20:22] | Go for today’s specials. | 去看看今日推荐吧 |
[20:24] | Sure, they’re a couple bucks more, | 价钱虽然贵了点 |
[20:25] | But between you and me and the wall, | 可在咱这里 |
[20:27] | It’s the freshest herb we got. | 是最新鲜的草药哦 |
[20:29] | Plus it’s locally grown. | 再加上是在本地种植 |
[20:30] | who doesn’t wanna support local farmers? | 总该支持本地农业吧 |
[20:32] | Cbi. Where’s your boss? | 我们是加州调查局的 你们老板呢 |
[20:34] | Uh… Mr. Horlick? I couldn’t say. | 霍利克先生吗 我不知道 |
[20:36] | But, uh, our permits are all up to date by the book, 100%. | 我们绝对照章办事 执照都是最新的 |
[20:39] | Well, Mr. Horlick’s a suspect in a murder investigation, Josh, | 我们怀疑霍利克先生涉嫌谋杀 |
[20:42] | So you if you know where he is, you should tell us right now. | 乔什 要是知道他在哪 快告诉我们 |
[20:46] | Is, uh, there a problem here? | 怎么了 |
[20:48] | We’re here about Jeffrey Barge. | 我们为杰弗里·巴吉而来 |
[20:50] | Who? | 谁 |
[20:53] | Yeah, Jeff. Sure. Sure. What about him? | 是杰弗啊 他怎么了 |
[20:56] | Jeffrey died yesterday. | 杰弗里昨天被谋杀 |
[20:58] | Yeah. Yeah, I know. I saw that on the news. Wow. Heavy. | 知道 看到新闻了 真是遗憾 |
[21:01] | I mean, boom, he’s here. He’s gone. | 身边的人就这么去了 |
[21:04] | And how about that? Life, huh? | 人生真是奇妙 |
[21:07] | We know you lent him money, Mr. Horlick. | 据我们了解 你曾借钱给霍利克 |
[21:10] | Well, how do you know that? I mean, who says? | 你们怎么… 谁这么说啊 |
[21:12] | I’ll take that as a “Yes.” | 你刚默认了 |
[21:15] | Frosty one, aren’t we? I like it. | 互施冷箭吗 有趣 |
[21:17] | You like jail, too? | 监狱呢 也觉得有趣吗 |
[21:19] | Yeah, that’s right. Kevin told us everything. | 没错 凯文全都招了 |
[21:21] | It’s about time you did as well. | 轮到你坦白了 |
[21:23] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[21:26] | I called him about the money. | 我为钱的事打电话给他 |
[21:28] | Obviously, he drew some sinister and incorrect implications | 显然我们的对话 |
[21:31] | from our conversation, | 让他心虚会错了意 |
[21:33] | But it was all a big misunderstanding. | 这都是误会 |
[21:35] | Chalk it up to my– my poor communication skills. | 都是因为我不擅于交流 |
[21:38] | I think you communicate very well. | 我倒觉得你交流得很好 |
[21:40] | Yes, you do. | 没错 |
[21:41] | You have “Sleazebag” written | 你脑门上清楚地写着几个大字 |
[21:42] | across your forehead in big letters. | 卑鄙奸商 |
[21:44] | Why would I kill Jeff? | 我何必要杀杰弗 |
[21:45] | You don’t off someone who can pay you back. | 没必要和欠我钱的人过不去 |
[21:48] | I mean, the guy practically lived at the ritz. | 那家伙还住丽池酒店呢 |
[21:49] | What are you talking about? Jeff was broke. | 什么 杰弗不是破产了吗 |
[21:51] | Yeah, that’s what he wanted me to think, too. | 他也不想让我知道 |
[21:53] | But I got a buddy who works security at the hotel. | 可我认识那酒店的保安 |
[21:56] | He saw the deadbeat staying there a bunch of times. | 他总看见那个无赖在那出入 |
[21:59] | You don’t stay there unless your pockets are padded. | 口袋没钱的人哪住得起啊 |
[22:02] | I’d like to take you sometime, thaw you out a little bit. | 有机会多接触接触 改善下关系 |
[22:07] | Yeah, that’ll happen. | 还是免了吧 |
[22:11] | We got something. | 我们有线索了 |
[22:14] | Jeffrey stayed at the ritz over a dozen times | 过去两个月 杰弗里 |
[22:17] | In the past two months, | 多次入住丽池酒店 |
[22:18] | paid in cash every time. | 每次都是现金支付 |
[22:19] | Looks like an affair. | 像是在偷情 |
[22:20] | But Jeffrey and his wife lived separate lives. | 可杰弗里已和妻子分居 |
[22:22] | Why would he care if there was a record of it? | 他没必要介意有记录 |
[22:25] | Maybe his partner cared. | 可能他的情人介意 |
[22:26] | Because she’s married. | 因为她是有夫之妇 |
[22:28] | She had the money. She paid for the room, | 她有钱支付房款 |
[22:30] | But she paid in cash so her husband wouldn’t find out. | 用现金的话 她丈夫就不会发现 |
[22:33] | Keep digging. Find out who the woman was. | 继续调查 找出那个女人是谁 |
[22:42] | Next round’s tomorrow, huh? | 明天进行下一轮比赛吧 |
[22:46] | Keep workin’. You’ll get there. | 继续加油 你一定行 |
[22:49] | Merci beaucoup. | 谢谢 |
[22:52] | Watch it. | 小心点 |
[22:54] | careful, careful. | 留神点 留神点 |
[22:58] | Oh, that smells good. What is that? | 味道很香 这是什么菜 |
[23:00] | knock yourself out. | 慢慢享用吧 |
[23:02] | It’s not for the competition. It’s my lunch. | 这不是比赛用的 是我的午饭 |
[23:05] | I’d advise against that. | 我劝你别吃 |
[23:06] | Don’t listen to him. He’s a coward. | 别理他 他胆小 |
[23:08] | – Is he? – It’s the red Savina pepper. | -是吗 -这是萨维纳红椒 |
[23:10] | – It’s kinda spicy. – Kind of? | -有点辣 -才怪 |
[23:13] | It’s the hottest pepper known to man. Trust me. | 简直是世界第一辣 听我没错 |
[23:15] | Leave it alone. | 别吃 |
[23:16] | It’s good on everything– meat, fruit, soups. | 可以用来炖肉 炒菜 做汤 |
[23:19] | Not that any of the people would know. Babies. | 很少人懂这个 火候不到 |
[23:21] | Well, I’d love a little try of that. Thank you… | 我倒愿意尝试一下 谢谢 |
[23:24] | Mr. Jane, our chefs are extremely busy. | 简先生 厨师们非常忙 |
[23:26] | Would you mind coming back another time? | 你可不可以另找时间再来 |
[23:29] | You’re quite the ghoul, aren’t you, Duesterberg? | 杜希博格 你可真是冷血 |
[23:32] | Dragging on this meaningless contest | 这儿刚有人遇害 |
[23:33] | after a man has been killed. | 你居然还搞这种无聊的比赛 |
[23:36] | This contest, mr. Jane, is an affirmation of life. | 简先生 这是一种证明 |
[23:38] | It’s a testament that appetite still exists, | 人们即使面临死亡 |
[23:41] | even in the face of death. | 依然讲究口味 |
[23:43] | And you need the money. | 你也想要钱吧 |
[23:45] | Time for you to go. | 你该走了 |
[23:48] | Fine. I have all the information I need, thank you very much. | 算了 反正想要的我都知道了 多谢 |
[23:50] | He lies. He hasn’t asked one single question. | 胡说 他连个问题都没提 |
[23:52] | Why would I? I can learn everything I need to learn | 我不用提问 看你们烹饪 |
[23:55] | from watching you all cook. | 就能得到想要的答案 |
[23:58] | You, for example, | 以你为例 |
[24:00] | Use lemon to the point of excess– | 过量使用柠檬 |
[24:02] | Tart, aggressive flavors, sublimated aggression | 酸味带有刺激性 说明你 |
[24:05] | toward an important figure in your life. | 争强好胜 不达目的誓不罢休 |
[24:08] | Obviously, you’re a daddy’s girl, | 显而易见 你是爸爸的乖乖女 |
[24:10] | so I’m gonna go with mother. | 跟母亲生活在一起 |
[24:12] | No, let me correct that… | 说得更准确些 |
[24:14] | Stepmother. | 是继母 |
[24:17] | Ludo! | 再说卢多 |
[24:18] | You were adopted… no? | 你不是被收养的吧 |
[24:21] | No. I wasn’t. | 我不是 |
[24:23] | Took a shot. Moving on. | 说中了 继续 |
[24:25] | You were having an affair with Jeffrey. | 你和杰弗里有私情 |
[24:28] | Weren’t you? | 对吧 |
[24:29] | – What? – You can tell all this by the food? | -你说什么 -你光凭食物就能知道 |
[24:33] | Well, they cooked together every day, | 他们每天在一起烹饪 |
[24:35] | yet their kitchen rhythms are off. | 但完全没有夫妻间的默契 |
[24:38] | They’re bashing into each other, getting in each other’s way. | 他们撞来撞去 互相挡路 |
[24:41] | You’re not paying enough attention to her, Arliss. | 你对她关心不够 艾利斯 |
[24:43] | No wonder she strayed. | 她红杏出墙也不足为奇 |
[24:45] | That’s nonsense. | 胡说八道 |
[24:46] | Really? Then why did your wife have her father put | 真的吗 那为何你的妻子让她父亲 |
[24:49] | the state’s best police force on this case? | 调来本州最优秀的警力查这个案子 |
[24:52] | Look at her, Arliss. | 看看她 艾利斯 |
[24:53] | She’s made no attempt– | 她压根就不打算 |
[24:55] | No attempt at all to deny it. | 不打算否认 |
[24:58] | Is it true? | 这是真的吗 |
[25:00] | So I take it you know | 这么说你也知道 |
[25:02] | – about Julia’s affair with the victim now. – Oh, roger that. | -茱莉亚与死者有奸情咯 -是啊 |
[25:10] | Jeff and I got together about five months ago, | 杰弗和我从五个月前开始交往 |
[25:13] | after he separated from his wife. | 他刚和妻子分居 |
[25:17] | But he ended it. | 但他提出了分手 |
[25:18] | Yes. | 对 |
[25:20] | When? | 什么时候 |
[25:22] | The night before he died. | 他被害前一夜 |
[25:24] | I went to his room at the resort. | 我去了他在度假村的房间 |
[25:27] | He was drunk. I thought he was trying to get sober, | 他酩酊大醉 我本以为他戒了 |
[25:30] | but I guess not that night. | 但那晚他没能忍住吧 |
[25:32] | Jeff didn’t handle stress well. | 杰弗不善于减压 |
[25:34] | Must have made you angry. | 你一定很生气吧 |
[25:37] | No. I accepted it. I loved him. | 不 我理解 因为我爱他 |
[25:42] | But he was a drunk. Better left alone. | 但他喝醉了 最好让他冷静一下 |
[25:46] | Wise of you. | 很明智 |
[25:47] | I asked for a glass of water. | 我想要杯水 |
[25:51] | I’m sure it’ll be here in a minute. | 很快就能送过来 |
[25:53] | You think I’m entitled and snippy and rich. | 你们大概觉得我有钱有权 仗势欺人 |
[25:57] | My father’s a senator. | 我父亲是议员 |
[25:59] | I don’t have to take crap from people like you. | 我没必要和你们废话 |
[26:02] | I’m just trying to figure out | 我只是想找出杀害 |
[26:04] | who killed Jeffrey Barge, that’s all. | 杰弗里·巴吉的凶手 仅此而已 |
[26:06] | I didn’t kill him. | 我没有杀他 |
[26:07] | I don’t believe you, Julia, not yet. | 我暂时还不能相信你 茱莉亚 |
[26:09] | I really need that glass of water. | 我真的想喝水 |
[26:14] | I’ll get it. | 我去拿 |
[26:16] | We still have a few more questions for you. | 我们还要问你几个问题 |
[26:19] | Lisbon! | 里斯本 快看看她 |
[26:20] | 9-1-1. | 我来报警 |
[26:23] | Julia? Julia? | 茱莉亚 |
[26:24] | Julia. Can you hear me? | 茱莉亚 能听见我说话吗 |
[26:27] | Are you on medication? | 你需要吃药吗 |
[26:29] | Come on. Answer. | 快点接电话 |
[26:35] | Julia? | 茱莉亚 |
[26:39] | Yes. Uh-huh. | 是 |
[26:42] | I know. Yes. | 知道 对 |
[26:44] | Mr. Attorney General, sir, I… I-I understand completely. | 总检察官 我完全明白 |
[26:50] | I will. | 我会的 |
[26:52] | She’s straightening, straightening at the desk. | 她在汇报 在办公室里汇报 |
[26:56] | Absolutely. | 对极了 |
[26:58] | Coroner’s office says it was ricin poisoning, | 验尸办说是蓖麻中毒 |
[27:00] | Uh, just like Jeffrey. | 跟杰弗里一样 |
[27:02] | Guess they were both poisoned at the hotel. | 估计他们都是在酒店被下的毒 |
[27:05] | Oh, crap. Is she straightening? | 见鬼 她在汇报吗 |
[27:07] | Victim was a senator’s daughter. A.G. must be livid. | 议员女儿死了 总检察官一定勃然大怒 |
[27:10] | Ugh. It’s not our fault. | 又不是我们的错 |
[27:11] | Ricin takes hours to kick in. | 蓖麻中毒有段潜伏期 |
[27:12] | Yeah, tell it to the A.G. | 这话去对总检察官说 |
[27:13] | What’s going on with the search? | 调查进展如何 |
[27:16] | Local sheriff’s working on it, | 本地警长已经介入 |
[27:18] | taking every food and liquid off the resort to be tested. | 把度假村的所有食物和酒水都送去检验 |
[27:20] | Resort, the contest– it’s all been shut down. | 度假村 比赛 全部关闭 |
[27:22] | News flash–the A.G. wants this case closed now. | 最新消息 总检察官要求立刻破案 |
[27:25] | Well, we’ve got two dead married lovers. | 两名死者是一对婚外情人 |
[27:27] | I’d say the killer’s a spouse. | 我想凶手就是其中一个的配偶 |
[27:28] | Let’s start with that. | 就从这入手 |
[27:33] | There he is. | 找到他了 |
[27:36] | Cinnamon, sage and coriander, | 肉桂 鼠尾草和香菜 |
[27:38] | a squeeze of lemon, then butter. | 一点柠檬汁 然后放黄油 |
[27:42] | No, no garlic. | 不放大蒜 |
[27:44] | Not at all. Ciao. | 不客气 再见 |
[27:46] | Idiot. | 蠢货 |
[27:48] | Your wife just died, and you’re talking about recipes? | 你的妻子刚过世 还有心情谈论食谱 |
[27:51] | What would you have me do? | 你想让我怎么样 |
[27:52] | Sir, we’d like to discuss your wife’s estate. | 先生 来谈谈你妻子的遗产问题 |
[27:54] | Yes. Sorry. Idiots. Garlic. | 好 抱歉 真是蠢货 放什么大蒜 |
[27:59] | So Julia had money. So what? | 茱莉亚的遗产 你管得着吗 |
[28:01] | – Well, you stand to inherit all of it, isn’t that right? – Yes. So? | -你会全部继承吧 -是的 怎样 |
[28:04] | Your wife and her lover are now both dead, | 你妻子和她的情人现在都死了 |
[28:05] | killed the same way, that makes sure | 死于同样的手法 我们认为 |
[28:09] | – you our number one guy. – Or number two, I’d say. | -你是头号嫌犯 -第二号吧 |
[28:11] | – Have you talked to Abigail yet? -Why? | -你们找艾比盖尔谈过吗 -找她干嘛 |
[28:13] | Ask her about the fight she and Jeffrey had | 问问她两周前在展览中心的市场 |
[28:15] | at the fairplex market two weeks ago. | 跟杰弗里吵架的事 |
[28:17] | – It was quite a scene. – You didn’t think to mention this earlier? | -很有戏剧性 -你之前怎么不说 |
[28:19] | Interrogation focuses the mind. What can I say? | 你们一个劲地问问题 我能说什么 |
[28:22] | Except you’re lying. | 那就是你在说谎 |
[28:24] | Jeffrey hadn’t seen his wife in months. | 杰弗里好几个月没见过他妻子 |
[28:26] | If Abigail said that, she’s the liar. | 如果这是艾比盖尔说的 那她在说谎 |
[28:31] | The market clerk confirmed the story. | 市场职员证实了这件事 |
[28:33] | You were in contact with Jeff, and you were fighting. | 你见过杰夫 你们还吵了架 |
[28:36] | I did not kill Jeffrey, | 我没有杀杰弗里 |
[28:38] | if that’s what you’re getting at. | 我可以明确告诉你 |
[28:40] | I didn’t even know about this thing with Julia. | 我压根不知道茱莉亚的事情 |
[28:42] | What were you fighting about? | 你们为何吵架 |
[28:43] | You’ve really changed your look, Abigail. | 你变化真大 艾比盖尔 |
[28:45] | Haven’t you? | 对吧 |
[28:47] | Not that you don’t look lovely now. | 不是说你现在不漂亮 |
[28:49] | It’s just this old look, uh, accentuated your assets. | 你过去的衣着更突显你的美貌 |
[28:53] | My husband just died, okay? | 我的丈夫刚过世 你觉得呢 |
[28:55] | You’re still putting in time with the makeup though, I see. | 我注意到 你仍然花时间化妆 |
[28:58] | So appearance is important to you. | 你很重视外表 |
[29:01] | What are you getting at? | 你想说什么 |
[29:02] | She’s put on 5 or 6 pounds, | 她重了5到6磅 |
[29:04] | Doesn’t fit into the sleek outfits anymore, | 穿不了漂亮衣服 |
[29:06] | so she wears this. She’s pregnant. Right? Congratulations. | 所以穿了这一身 她怀孕了吧 恭喜呀 |
[29:09] | First trimester. | 刚刚三个月吧 |
[29:11] | Jeff’s child, right? | 是杰弗的孩子吧 |
[29:16] | Right? | 是吗 |
[29:20] | A few months ago, he came by to pick up some stuff. | 几个月前 他回来拿点东西 |
[29:27] | Things happened. | 然后就这样了 |
[29:33] | And two weeks ago, I took a pregnancy test. | 两周前 我做了妊娠测验 |
[29:35] | How did he take the news of impending fatherhood? | 突然要做爸爸 他知道了有何反应 |
[29:40] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[29:42] | That’s what you were fighting about. | 所以你们才吵架 |
[29:45] | I don’t know why I didn’t tell you. | 我不知道为何要隐瞒 |
[29:49] | I’ve been, uh… | 我一直以来… |
[29:52] | confused. | 迷茫而不知所措 |
[29:56] | My parents don’t even know. | 连我父母都不知道 |
[30:01] | Do us a favor, Abigail. | 帮我们个忙 艾比盖尔 |
[30:03] | We’re gonna need to search your house. | 我们要搜查你的房子 |
[30:05] | Save us all some time and grant us permission. | 你允许的话就能节省点时间 |
[30:15] | Did you know a full-grown elephant | 知道吗 一头成年大象 |
[30:17] | can eat up to 495 pounds of food per day? | 一天能吃掉整整495磅食物 |
[30:20] | Could you at least pretend to be helping? | 不帮忙就乖乖呆着 |
[30:23] | Got somethin’. | 有发现 |
[30:26] | – Found this in the garage. – Nice work. | -在车库里发现 -干得好 |
[30:28] | And we care about a bag of beans why? | 一包豆子能说明什么 |
[30:31] | Castor beans. They’re used to make ricin. | 蓖麻籽用来制蓖麻毒 |
[30:34] | Ah, of course. | 噢噢 难怪 |
[30:36] | Naughty Abigail. | 艾比盖尔可真淘气 |
[30:39] | We found traces of ricin in Julia’s favorite red pepper. | 茱莉亚最爱的红辣粉里有蓖麻毒素的痕迹 |
[30:44] | Her death was not accidental. | 她的死不是意外 |
[30:46] | Both her and your husband were specifically targeted. | 她和你老公看来都是指定目标 |
[30:50] | Together with the castor beans we found, | 加上我们找到的蓖麻籽 |
[30:52] | It’s not looking good for you. | 证据看上去对你不利 |
[30:54] | My client denies any involvement in these killings. | 我的当事人否认涉嫌任何一起谋杀 |
[30:57] | She bore no malice towards her husband | 对她丈夫或者圣日耳曼小姐 |
[30:59] | Or ms. St. Germain. | 都没有任何恶意 |
[31:01] | No malice toward her alcoholic | 她丈夫酗酒 不理财政 还婚外情 |
[31:03] | and fiscally irresponsible husband and his lover? | 真的没有恶意吗 |
[31:05] | She was not aware of that relationship, | 她对这段关系并不知情 |
[31:08] | Nor did she ever set foot in that resort. | 她也从未去过度假村 |
[31:11] | – Which you can’t prove. – I didn’t do this– | -你无法证明这些 -我没有杀人 |
[31:14] | Then how do you explain the castor | 在你家发现的蓖麻籽 |
[31:15] | – beans in your house? – She had no knowledge of them. | -你如何解释 -她根本不懂这些 |
[31:17] | That’s convenient. | 想知道也很简单 |
[31:19] | This is a grieving widow– a pregnant, grieving widow. | 对一位悲痛而身怀六甲的寡妇 |
[31:22] | You think that a jury is going to convict | 你以为陪审团会相信这些间接证据 |
[31:25] | on this circumstantial traif? | 而判定她有罪吗 |
[31:27] | We can make this stick, and you know it. | 我们会有确凿证据 |
[31:30] | Believe me, you will feel much better if you– | 听我的 要是说出真相会好很多… |
[31:33] | Would you excuse me? | 失陪一下 |
[31:37] | what? | 又怎么了 |
[31:39] | You’re where? | 你在哪儿 |
[31:41] | What emergency? | 什么要紧事 |
[31:42] | Follow me. | 跟我来 |
[31:43] | Jane, I don’t really have time for this. | 派翠克 我没有那么闲 |
[31:46] | I was working on getting a confession. | 我在努力让犯人认罪呢 |
[31:48] | – This is far more important. – What is? | -这事重要多了 -到底什么事 |
[31:50] | Agents, welcome. It’s such a relief to know | 欢迎欢迎 听说你们抓到了凶手 |
[31:53] | – That the killer has been caught. – Just doing our job. | -我倍感欣慰 -份内事 |
[31:56] | And thank you for coming to this little memorial dinner. | 感谢你们光临纪念晚宴 |
[31:57] | Dinner? | 什么晚宴? |
[31:58] | Honoring Jeffrey and Julia. | 纪念杰弗里和茱莉亚 |
[32:01] | We’re having dinner? | 我们居然来吃饭 |
[32:03] | Gotta eat. | 再忙也得吃嘛 |
[32:06] | I certainly hope you enjoy yourself. | 衷心希望你们用餐愉快 |
[32:09] | It should be delicious. Excuse me. | 一定佳肴美味 失陪一下 |
[32:12] | Those serviettes are horrifying. | 这餐巾也放得太恐怖了 |
[32:13] | You have five seconds to tell me what’s going on. | 给你五秒钟解释 |
[32:16] | First, we need a drink. | 先来杯酒 |
[32:19] | Is it that bad? | 这算什么 |
[32:22] | it’s lovely. | 不错 |
[32:26] | hurry up, people. | 伙计们 快点 |
[32:28] | Not bad, Ludo. | 卢多 味道不错 |
[32:29] | Can we get the bowls ready? | 碗都准备好了吗 |
[32:31] | You shouldn’t be here. | 你可不该来这儿 |
[32:33] | Yeah, you’re probably right. You gonna make me leave? | 好像是噢 你要赶我走吗 |
[32:35] | I hope not. | 千万不要 |
[32:37] | excuse me. | 让一下 |
[32:38] | Oh, excuse me. | 打扰了 |
[32:40] | I thought you’d be a little more grateful. | 我抓到了杀害你朋友的凶手 |
[32:41] | I did just catch your friend’s killer. | 本还以为你会心存感激 |
[32:43] | – We’re grateful. Just a little busy. – Is that it? | -我们是很感激 但也很忙 -是这道菜吗 |
[32:47] | Oh, that smells great. Not now, s’il vous pla. | -闻起来真香 -别动手 还没装盘呢 |
[32:50] | Okay, okay. | 好吧 |
[32:52] | Oh, oops! Whoa! Oops! | 啊呀 天哪 |
[32:55] | Fire! Fire! Fire! | 着火了 |
[32:58] | Quick! Aah! | 快 |
[33:03] | You know, I-I’m just gonna leave you guys with that. | 我还是开溜吧 |
[33:12] | All right, everyone, please. | 诸位 |
[33:15] | Lift your glass. | 请举杯 |
[33:18] | To Jeffrey and Julia, friends, colleagues, | 敬杰弗里和茱莉亚 我们的好友和同事 |
[33:22] | Titans in the culinary world, | 厨房之神 |
[33:26] | You will not be soon forgotten. | 大家会铭记你们 |
[33:29] | Salud. | 干杯[法语] |
[33:30] | Cheers. Cheers. | 干杯 |
[33:36] | To begin, we have a melon soup, | 头盘 先上的是甜瓜汤 |
[33:38] | Prosciutto di parma, mint and basil. | 帕尔马熏火腿 薄荷和罗勒油烹制而成 |
[33:43] | A reinterpretation of one of Julia’s specialites. | 是茱莉亚的独门拿手菜 |
[33:46] | Bon apptit. | 祝胃口好 |
[33:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[33:51] | Come on. Don’t let your midwestern taste buds | 来吧 别因为你那中西部味蕾 |
[33:54] | hold you back. | 就踌躇不前哦 |
[33:59] | oh, chef. | 天啊 |
[34:01] | What is this spice? | 怎么是辣的 |
[34:03] | Spice? | 什么 |
[34:04] | I like a little heat, but this is overpowering. | 辣一点没关系 但这也太过火了 |
[34:10] | We didn’t add any heat. | 我们没加任何东西 |
[34:12] | Whew! That would be me. | 是我干的 |
[34:14] | Sorry. | 不好意思 |
[34:16] | Fire! Fire! | 着火了 |
[34:21] | The red savina pepper– | 红辣椒粉 |
[34:22] | Ah, I got it from Julia’s pantry. | 我从茱莉亚的储藏柜拿的 |
[34:26] | I thought it would be appropriate, | 我还以为加了才好吃呢 |
[34:28] | And I’m just mad for heat, so… | 但我也觉得太辣了 |
[34:30] | Obviously, I was a little heavy-handed. | 显然我弄巧成拙了 |
[34:31] | My–my apologies. | 真是对不起大家 |
[34:34] | What’s the trouble, eliza? | 艾丽莎 怎么了 |
[34:36] | I don’t, um… I don’t feel well. I should go. | 我有点不太舒服 我得走了 |
[34:39] | What’s the problem? | 怎么了 |
[34:41] | Uh, the peppers– it didn’t go down well. | 胡椒粉吃得不太舒服 |
[34:44] | The pepper? What’s wrong with the pepper? | 怎么 胡椒粉有问题吗 |
[34:46] | If you don’t wanna talk about it here, | 如果你不想在这里说 |
[34:48] | we can take it down to headquarters. | 我们可以回警局再说 |
[34:50] | How long can we keep her there? | 我们能拘留她多久 |
[34:52] | – 48 hours. – Wow, that’s a stretch of time. | -48小时 -时间充裕啊 |
[34:54] | I have to leave. I have to leave right now. | 我要走了 我必须现在就离开这 |
[34:57] | No, that would be rude. I don’t think so. | 不行 这太失礼 你能不离开 |
[35:00] | What is wrong with you? | 你到底怎么了 |
[35:00] | We all… have to go to the hospital right now. | 所有人 都要立刻去医院 |
[35:05] | What for? | 为什么 |
[35:07] | The pepper… I think it was poisoned. | 胡椒粉 被人下毒了 |
[35:10] | I-I-I saw Ludo put something into it. | 我看到卢多往里面加了什么东西 |
[35:13] | I did not. How dare you! | 我没有 你胡说什么 |
[35:15] | Maybe you’re just cramping a little? Just a little– | 也许你只是有点抽筋而已 |
[35:17] | All right, all right. I poisoned Julia’s pepper. | 行了行了 是我给茱莉亚的胡椒粉下了毒 |
[35:21] | And Jeffrey’s gin. | 还有杰弗里的琴酒 |
[35:23] | Yes, yes! Just bring me to a hospital. | 没错 拜托快带我去医院 |
[35:25] | No, hospitals are terrible germ factories. | 不行 医院到处都是细菌病毒 |
[35:26] | – You don’t wanna go there. – Are you insane?! | -可千万别去 -你是疯了吗 |
[35:29] | Relax. We knew about the ricin in the pepper. | 放松 我们早知道胡椒粉里有毒 |
[35:31] | We just didn’t know who put it there. | 只是不知道是谁下的毒 |
[35:33] | I don’t understand. Are we poisoned? | 我糊涂了 我们是中毒了吗 |
[35:36] | No. I switched the peppers. | 没有 我换了胡椒粉 |
[35:39] | Clever of me. | 我真天才 |
[35:41] | God. | 老天啊 |
[35:45] | Okay, so we know that your restaurant didn’t fail, Eliza. | 我们知道不是你餐厅的问题 艾丽莎 |
[35:49] | Jeffrey and Julia– they killed it. | 而是杰弗里和茱莉亚一手造成 |
[35:52] | We did some digging on Julia’s father. | 我们调查了茱莉亚的父亲 |
[35:54] | He’s the one who squashed your liquor license. | 是他拒绝授予你酒类职牌 |
[35:56] | Jeffrey was a drunk. | 杰弗里是个酒鬼 |
[35:57] | He needed you in his kitchen, so he asked his lover | 他需要你帮他打理餐厅 所以他就问他情人 |
[36:01] | if he could have her big, powerful daddy do her a favor. | 能不能让她那有权有势的爸爸帮忙 |
[36:04] | He didn’t call you that night to talk about recipes, did he? | 那晚他打电话不是为了讨论食谱吧 |
[36:07] | He called to apologize | 他是为了道歉 |
[36:09] | for sabotaging your liquor license, | 因为他蓄意破坏了你的酒类职牌 |
[36:11] | for ruining any chance you had at opening your own place. | 使你独立门户的机会付之东流 |
[36:16] | But I… | 可是我 |
[36:20] | I am trying to become a better man. | 我正试着改过自新 |
[36:24] | I am. | 真的 |
[36:26] | He told you what he did, | 他告诉你他的所作所为 |
[36:28] | and then you… decided to take your revenge. | 然后你就 决定复仇 |
[36:34] | So you got some castor beans, mixed up a batch of ricin | 你弄了点蓖麻子制出了篦麻毒素 |
[36:37] | and went to the resort to find him. | 然后去度假村找他 |
[36:44] | Yeah. | 对 |
[36:46] | I went to his room. | 我去了他房间 |
[36:57] | Oh, Jeff. | 杰弗 |
[36:59] | I accept your apology. | 我接受你的道歉 |
[37:04] | Let me just… wash up. | 我先去 洗把脸 |
[37:08] | He was such a fool. | 他太天真了 |
[37:10] | Like I was gonna let that go? | 我怎么可能就这么算了 |
[37:12] | Like we were just gonna make up and all be friends again? | 怎么可能就这样冰释前嫌重归于好 |
[37:17] | That’s… | 真是 |
[37:21] | ridiculous. | 可笑至极 |
[37:23] | And then you went to the pantry | 然后你去储藏室 |
[37:25] | and, uh, you found Julia’s pepper | 找到了茱莉亚的胡椒粉 |
[37:27] | and you dosed that, too. | 于是你在那里也下了毒 |
[37:33] | One time I was cleaning shrimp for Jeffrey. | 有次我帮杰弗里清洁虾子 |
[37:37] | There were, like, 40 pounds of it, | 大概有40磅那么多 |
[37:39] | and it was still half frozen, but that was the job. | 还是半冰冻状态 不过这是我的工作 |
[37:43] | I couldn’t feel my hands. It was so cold. | 我的手都冻麻了 太冷了 |
[37:48] | I realized I was cutting the flesh off my own fingers. | 为了切开虾 我甚至把手指的肉 |
[37:55] | Carving it off. | 都切了下来 |
[38:00] | And I didn’t mind… | 我并不介意 |
[38:03] | because Jeffrey had a vision. | 因为杰弗里满抱理想 |
[38:13] | I had a vision. | 我也满抱理想 |
[38:18] | And he said, “Go, babe. | 他说”去吧 姑娘” |
[38:20] | You deserve your own place.” | “你应该开创自己的事业” |
[38:26] | But he was lying. | 可他说谎了 |
[38:31] | Him and his… | 他和他的… |
[38:35] | rich bitch girlfriend. | 有钱又下贱的女朋友 |
[38:38] | Like I was gonna let that go. | 我才不会就这么算了 |
[38:49] | He said, “I’m sorry.” | 他说”我很抱歉” |
[38:53] | “I’m sorry.” | “我很抱歉” |
[39:00] | “I’m sorry”? | “我很抱歉” |
[39:03] | What good is that? | 道歉有用吗 |
[39:12] | Agent Lisbon. | 里斯本探员 |
[39:17] | – How can I help you? – You framed me. | -有什么能效劳 -你陷害我 |
[39:20] | You put those castor beans in my house, didn’t you? | 是你把那些蓖麻籽放到我家的吧 |
[39:23] | Ma’am, on my word of honor, | 女士 我向你保证 |
[39:25] | I did not know that those beans were planted. | 我并不知道这是别人陷害你的 |
[39:28] | Mr. Jane was responsible. I should’ve known. | 都是简的错 我早该想到 |
[39:30] | I should’ve stopped him, and I didn’t, | 我早该阻止他 我失误了 |
[39:32] | – and for that, I am really sorry. – Why? | -为此 我真的很抱歉 -为什么 |
[39:35] | He thought in order to catch the killer, | 他觉得为了抓到凶手 |
[39:38] | that somebody else had to be suspected of the crime. | 就得先找个替罪羔羊 |
[39:41] | He’s probably right. I know you must be angry. | 就算他说得对 我知道你一定很生气 |
[39:44] | Trying to leave the anger behind. | 我试着让自己消气 |
[39:48] | Though that’s pretty much impossible, isn’t it? | 但这不太可能吧 |
[39:51] | It’s hard. | 是很困难 |
[39:52] | Anyway, thank you for being honest with me. | 不论如何 谢谢你坦诚相告 |
[39:58] | Tell Mr. Jane | 请转告简先生 |
[40:00] | he’s a mean, irresponsible sadist. | 他是个自私又不负责任的虐待狂 |
[40:02] | Oh, I will. | 乐意效劳 |
[40:08] | Ms. Barge? | 巴吉夫人 |
[40:11] | Living with an alcoholic is hard. | 和一个酒鬼一起生活很艰难 |
[40:16] | Some never change. They don’t even want to. | 他们本性难移 甚至根本无心改变 |
[40:19] | But your husband checked into treatment two weeks ago | 可你丈夫2周之前参加了戒酒疗程 |
[40:22] | right after you told him about the baby. | 就在你告诉他有了宝宝之后 |
[40:25] | I think he wanted to be there for you and your child. | 他一定很想照顾你和孩子 |
[40:29] | That’s why he ended the relationship with Julia. | 所以他才和茱莉亚分手 |
[40:34] | For what it’s worth, it seemed like he wanted to change. | 不管怎么说 他应该是想改过自新 |
[40:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[40:50] | It’s okay. She’s gone. | 出来吧 她走了 |
[40:53] | – Who’s gone? – Oh, please. | -谁走了 -装什么装 |
[40:55] | Your guilty conscience is obvious and well deserved. | 你明明一脸内疚 也是罪有应得 |
[40:57] | Meh. Justice can be a harsh mistress. | 咩 正义是个残酷的情人呐 |
[41:00] | Omelets and eggs, ends to means, | 一切只为达到目的 |
[41:02] | all’s well that ends well. | 善终为善 |
[41:04] | A glib answer’s no excuse. | 顾左右而言他就是毫无借口 |
[41:09] | Oh, and Abigail said to tell you | 对了 艾比盖尔让我转告你 |
[41:11] | that you are a mean, irresponsible sadist. | 你是个自私又不负责任的虐待狂 |
[41:14] | Well, that’s pretty accurate. | 相当准确 |
[41:18] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[41:20] | No point denying it to me. | 对我否认也没用嘛 |
[41:22] | I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[41:24] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[41:26] | Good night. | 晚安 |