时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | It’s funny, isn’t it? | 真有意思 |
[00:02] | Dead cars are quite beautiful in their way, | 汽车的残骸 有一种独特的美感 |
[00:05] | Whereas dead people– | 而人的尸体 |
[00:06] | not so much. Huh? | 就不尽然了 |
[00:08] | I suppose if we were cars, | 我想如果我们是车的话 |
[00:09] | This place would be a horrific charnel house. | 这地方就会变成一间恐怖的停尸间 |
[00:11] | 加州 萨克拉门托 报废场 | |
[00:11] | Ugh. It’s too early for philosophy. | 这时候上哲理 未免太早 |
[00:13] | Never too early. | 永远不嫌早 |
[00:15] | Hey, Cho! | 周 |
[00:16] | Hey boss. I’ll show you this way. | 头儿 请跟我来 |
[00:27] | Hey, we’ve got an unidentified female, | 发现一具无名女尸 |
[00:29] | Somewhere in her late teens, early 20s. | 大约二十岁上下 |
[00:31] | Oh, wow. A little notice would’ve been nice. | 事先提醒一句多好 |
[00:33] | Be grateful it’s wintertime. | 好在现在是冬天 |
[00:35] | It could be a lot worse. | 否则更糟 |
[00:36] | Looks like she was bludgeoned multiple times | 从表面看 她的左侧太阳穴 |
[00:38] | around her left temple. | 多次被棍棒重击 |
[00:39] | There’s some serious | 钝器所伤之处 |
[00:39] | blunt force trauma to the back of her head as well. | 直到她的后脑勺 |
[00:41] | Somebody wanted her good and dead. | 有人要置她于死地 |
[00:43] | How long has she been down? | 她在这儿多久了 |
[00:44] | From the decomposition of the body, | 根据尸体的腐烂程度推断 |
[00:45] | she’s probably been out here at least a week. | 她被扔在这儿至少一周了 |
[00:47] | Is that the guy who found her? | 是那人发现她的吗 |
[00:48] | Yeah, that’s garbager. | 对 他是个拾荒者 |
[00:50] | came across the victim when he was combing through the van. | 他翻货车的时候发现了遇害者 |
[00:52] | It looks like somebody took something off | 看起来她被扔在这儿之后 |
[00:54] | of her after she was already here. | 有人从她身上取走了什么 |
[00:55] | A watch or a bracelet, I’m guessing. | 我猜是表或手镯 |
[00:57] | Left the earrings though. | 不过耳环没被取走 |
[00:58] | Found a set of tracks over there.I think they’re connected. | 那边还有一串线索 应该与本案有关 |
[01:00] | It’s a salvage area. There’d have to be lots of tracks. | 这里是报废区 可疑线索太多了 |
[01:02] | Yeah, it’s a long shot, | 是啊 希望渺茫 |
[01:04] | but there weren’t many tracks in the area, | 不过真正的线索并不多 |
[01:05] | and these look pretty fresh. | 而且这些看起来是刚留下的 |
[01:11] | Smells like transmission fluid. | 闻起来像变速器机油 |
[01:13] | That’s what I thought. I’ll have forensics run some tests. | 我也这么想 我让法医去检测了 |
[01:15] | Now if a vehicle with a leaking transmission made the track, | 如果是一辆变速器漏油的车 |
[01:17] | Then the driver couldn’t have gone far without service. | 不去修的话 司机一定开不远 |
[01:21] | – Hey, what’s– what’s his name? – Franklin. | -他叫什么名字 -富兰克林 |
[01:23] | – Cool, it boy. – May I? | -别叫了 孩子 -能让我来吗 |
[01:25] | I have a way with dogs. | 我会训狗 |
[01:27] | Hey, Franklin. How are you? | 富兰克林 你还好吗 |
[01:30] | Yeah, you’re a good boy. | 真是好孩子 |
[01:32] | I thought you said you had a way with dogs. | 你不是说会训狗吗 |
[01:34] | He wanted freedom. | 他想要自由 |
[01:36] | Franklin! Heel! | 富兰克林 停下 |
[01:38] | Keep up, lisbon! | 追上他 里斯本 |
[01:41] | Franklin! | 富兰克林 |
[01:44] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[01:45] | Franklin, come. Come on now. | 富兰克林 快过来 |
[01:48] | Get out of there, Franklin. | 离开那儿 富兰克林 |
[01:51] | Aah! It’s a foot! | 是只脚 |
[01:58] | Another body. Are you done? | 又一具尸体 你闹够了吗 |
[02:01] | Hey, what do you say, Franklin? | 你说呢 富兰克林 |
[02:02] | Are we done yet? Huh, we done? | 咱闹够了吗 闹够了吗 |
[02:08] | 超感警探 | |
[02:17] | The cadaver dogs didn’t find any more bodies,did they? | 寻尸狗不会又找到尸体了吧 |
[02:19] | Thankfully, no. | 谢天谢地 没有 |
[02:21] | The test confirmed there was a lot of transmission fluid | 经测试鉴定 那处小道上 |
[02:22] | in that track at the scene. | 有大量变速器机油 |
[02:24] | And the tire pattern only fits a few specific van models. | 轮胎的规格 只与几种特殊货车车型相符 |
[02:26] | I’m checking garages To see if any vehicles | 我在查有没有汽车修理厂 |
[02:28] | fitting the description were turned in with | 上周修理过 符合此类 |
[02:29] | transmission problems over the last week. | 变速器泄露的货车 |
[02:31] | All right. Cho, you mind helping him out? | 好的 周 你帮帮他吧 |
[02:36] | – Is there a problem here? – No. | -有什么问题吗 -没有 |
[02:38] | – No, ma’am. – Great. I see a name. | -没有 长官 -太好了 我看到名字了 |
[02:40] | Did we I.D. The victims? | 查明死者的身份了吗 |
[02:41] | Only on one. Got a hit on her prints. | 只查到一个 通过指纹匹配到了信息 |
[02:44] | It’s for the second victim you found. | 是你们发现的第二名死者的 |
[02:45] | Her name was valerie bestin. No next of kin. | 她叫瓦莱丽・贝丝汀 没有家族资料 |
[02:48] | She was arrested four years ago after hitting a homeless man | 四年前醉酒驾车 撞倒了一名流浪汉 |
[02:51] | while driving drunk. | 因而被捕 |
[02:52] | The M.E. puts her time of death within the last 24 hours. | 医检预计死亡时间是最近24小时内 |
[02:54] | Bestin was bludgeoned in the same manner | 贝丝汀与第一名死者一样 |
[02:56] | as the first victim. | 被棍棒击打而死 |
[02:56] | What about an I.D. On the other victim? | 另一名死者的身份呢 |
[02:58] | Her prints haven’t come up yet. | 她的指纹信息还没出来 |
[03:00] | The M.E. pegs her as latina, early 20s. | 医检推断她是拉丁裔 二十岁出头 |
[03:02] | Do a preliminary search of the missing persons database. | 对失踪人口数据库进行初步搜索 |
[03:05] | – Maybe we’ll get lucky. – Yes, ma’am. | -也许会有收获 -遵命 长官 |
[03:07] | All right, we’ve got two victims–one caucasian, | 好了 两名死者 一名白人 |
[03:09] | The other probably latina. | 另一名大概是拉丁 |
[03:11] | At least a 10-year age gap between them, | 两人年龄相差至少10岁 |
[03:12] | And judging by their clothes, valerie had more money. | 从穿着上看 瓦莱丽更有钱 |
[03:15] | But both were bludgeoned and dumped | 但他们两人都在前后一周里 |
[03:17] | in the same place | 被棍棒重击至死 |
[03:18] | one week after the other. What’s the connection? | 弃尸在同个地点 有什么联系 |
[03:20] | Library, bowling alley, | 同去一家图书馆 保龄球馆 |
[03:22] | nail salon. Could be anything. | 美甲沙龙 都有可能 |
[03:23] | Well, let’s focus on what we do know. | 我们重点关注已知的线索 |
[03:24] | What about the homeless guy bestin hit? | 贝丝汀撞倒的那个流浪汉呢 |
[03:26] | He’s been in a secure mental facility since last year. | 他去年被送去神经康复中心 |
[03:29] | Speaking of mental facilities, have you seen Jane? | 说到神经问题 看见简了吗 |
[03:31] | I need to talk to him. | 我要跟他谈谈 |
[03:36] | There you are! | 你在这儿啊 |
[03:41] | Where’s my couch? | 我的沙发呢 |
[03:42] | Oh. Yes. | 对了 |
[03:44] | I bought you a new one. | 我给你买了个新的 |
[03:46] | – I like my old couch. – No, you don’t. | -我喜欢我的旧沙发 -不 你才不 |
[03:48] | You’ve gotta try this one. | 你坐上来试试 |
[03:49] | Let’s discuss it later. We have to talk. | 等会再说这个 我们得谈谈 |
[03:51] | – Have you ever been into knitting? – What? | -你喜欢过针织吗 -什么 |
[03:53] | No, of course not. You grew up surrounded by boys. | 你当然不会 你是跟一群男孩子长大的 |
[03:55] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[03:56] | Hi there. You seem to have very nimble fingers. | 那位 你看起来手指敏捷 |
[03:57] | Are you now or have you ever been a knitter? | 你现在或以前做过针织吗 |
[03:59] | No. Agent lisbon. | 没有 里斯本探员 |
[04:01] | Yes, Dr. Montague. It’s a pleasure to meet you. | 是我 蒙塔歌博士 很荣幸见到你 |
[04:03] | And you must be Patrick Jane. | 那你一定是派翠克・简了 |
[04:05] | I must be. | 肯定是我了 |
[04:07] | You were saying we needed to talk. | 你刚才说我们要谈谈 |
[04:08] | Yes, Dr. Montague is consulting on the case. | 是的 蒙塔歌博士是这个案子的顾问 |
[04:11] | Oh? | 是吗 |
[04:12] | Yes, she’s a decision science consultant. | 是的 她是决策科学顾问 |
[04:14] | She works with the FBI and state agencies. | 供职于联调局和政府机构 |
[04:16] | Her work helped bring in the quarry killer. | 她曾协助找到了在逃杀人犯 |
[04:19] | I’m developing a predictive computer model. | 我正在开发一种具有预测功能的电脑模型 |
[04:22] | It identifies the patterns in crimes | 它能界定犯罪的特征 |
[04:24] | and assesses whether | 评估是否 |
[04:24] | or not they were committed by the same perpetrator. | 为同一名凶手所为 |
[04:26] | Wow. Cool. | 真酷 |
[04:29] | The systems flagged your two murders | 这个系统发现 你们两起谋杀的凶手 |
[04:31] | As the re-emergence of a killer known as “The caveman.” | 是曾出现过的”野人杀手”重出江湖所为 |
[04:35] | I remember him. | 我记得他 |
[04:36] | He bludgeoned his victims with a wooden club. | 他用一根木棒槌袭击死者 |
[04:38] | That was ten years ago. | 那是十年前的事了 |
[04:40] | Indeed, but the similarities between his victims | 确实 他杀害的死者 |
[04:43] | and the victims in this case are statistically identical. | 与此案的死者有许多相似之处 |
[04:45] | How so? | 怎么说 |
[04:46] | The caveman always picks two victims, | 野人杀手通常会选择两名目标 |
[04:49] | one week apart. | 间隔一周作案 |
[04:50] | Same physical attributes– | 死者相同的生理特征 |
[04:51] | Brunettes, 120 to 140 pounds. | 红褐发色 120到140磅 |
[04:53] | In every other respect, | 从其它任何一个方面看 |
[04:55] | the choice seems entirely random– | 他的选择相当随意 |
[04:56] | No geographic or demographic pattern. | 没有地理或人口特征的共同点 |
[04:59] | Victims are bludgeoned on the side of the head | 死者被木质钝器 |
[05:00] | with a wooden object, | 击中头部一侧 |
[05:02] | no evidence of sexual assault, | 没有性侵犯的迹象 |
[05:03] | Bodies are left in waste sites and scrap yards, | 尸体被扔在垃圾场和报废场 |
[05:05] | And the victims are unknown to each other. | 死者彼此不认识 |
[05:08] | This is classic caveman. | 这就典型的野人杀手的作风 |
[05:09] | Hmm. Well, at least you’re wrong with conviction. | 你这么坚定就错了 |
[05:12] | These two women knew each other. | 这两名女士彼此认识 |
[05:14] | How do you know that? | 你是怎么知道的 |
[05:16] | Okay, so this one… | 看这张 |
[05:18] | Yes, now if you look at the detail in this rose, | 好了 你们看看这朵玫瑰的细节 |
[05:22] | and then again at the detail in this scarf, | 然后这条围巾的细节 |
[05:25] | They were both done by the same hand. | 它们出自一人之手 |
[05:27] | Hmm. Intriguing handicraft theory. | 有趣的手工艺理论 |
[05:29] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[05:30] | But even if we were able to establish a link | 但即使我们可以在死者之间 |
[05:32] | between the victims, | 建立联系 |
[05:33] | It doesn’t exclude the caveman from being the killer. | 也不排除这是野人杀手所为 |
[05:35] | It merely expands the modeling paradigm. | 这只不过拓展了模型的范例 |
[05:38] | Merely expands the modeling paradigm. | 只不过拓展了模型的范例 |
[05:40] | Wasn’t the caveman known for sending poetry, animal organs, | 野人杀手不是会给警方邮寄 |
[05:44] | Even crude drawings to the police? | 诗歌 动物器官 甚至粗俗的画作吗 |
[05:45] | We haven’t received anything like that. | 我们还没收到这些 |
[05:47] | – We will. – Hi, boss. | -我们会收到的 -嗨 头儿 |
[05:49] | Found out that Valerie Bestin was | 发现瓦莱丽・贝丝汀是 |
[05:50] | a financial director at an online company | 一家名叫”快乐小乌龟”的网上公司的 |
[05:53] | called Agile Turtle. | 财务总监 |
[05:53] | Dr. Montague, this is agent Wayne Rigsby. | 蒙塔歌博士 这位是探员韦恩・瑞斯比 |
[05:56] | Rigsby, Dr. Montague’s consulting on the case, | 瑞斯比 蒙塔歌博士是本案顾问 |
[05:58] | – And you’ll be her liaison. – It’s a pleasure to meet you. | -交由你联络 -很高兴认识你 |
[06:00] | Why don’t you show her around? | 你带她熟悉下环境 |
[06:01] | Sure, I can keep you the 50-cent tour. | 行 我为你简单介绍下 |
[06:03] | Start in the major crimes section. | 先从重案科开始 |
[06:05] | Really? A decision science consultant? | 干什么的 决策科学顾问吗 |
[06:08] | Don’t start. This goes way above us. | 小心说话 这我们可管不着 |
[06:11] | We’re good to the feds, the feds will be good to us. | 我们对联调局客气 他们才不会使绊子 |
[06:13] | When in doubt, don’t act out. | 有疑虑 压下去 |
[06:15] | You just made a rhyme. When am I ever in doubt? | 真押韵 我什么时候有疑虑了 |
[06:17] | Seriously, you start trouble,and I will… | 我直说吧 你要敢惹麻烦 |
[06:19] | You’ll burst my bubble? | 你就让我好看 |
[06:27] | She was such a good person, you know? | 她是个很好的人 |
[06:31] | She took all these underprivileged-like kids | 这是她年初带着流浪儿们 |
[06:33] | hiking at Half Dome earlier this year. | 去半圆顶郊游时照的 |
[06:35] | Mr. Beechum, did Valerie have any friends or co-workers | 比亨姆先生 瓦莱丽有没有 |
[06:38] | – that were young latinas? – Mm, no. | -拉丁裔的朋友或同事 -没有 |
[06:41] | There’s not really that many women that work here. | 拉丁裔的人不会来这工作 |
[06:43] | You had a crush on her, didn’t you? | 你很喜欢她 是吧 |
[06:46] | Why do you say that? | 你怎么知道 |
[06:47] | Attractive young woman, | 她年轻又漂亮 |
[06:48] | Single computer programmer, birds, bees. | 你又是个单身电脑程序员 日久生情 |
[06:52] | I could go on. | 还要我说吗 |
[06:53] | I’m more of an entrepreneur than a programmer these days, | 相比程序员 如今我更像是个企业家 |
[06:56] | but that isn’t an untrue statement. | 你猜得不错 |
[06:58] | She was a lovely lady. | 她十分可人 |
[07:01] | Hmm. But when you made your move, she shut you down. | 但你向她表白 她却拒绝了你 |
[07:04] | No. Well… | 这个 |
[07:07] | Yeah, I wouldn’t really call it a move. | 也不能算是表白 |
[07:09] | But there were no hard feelings. | 但被拒绝了也没什么 |
[07:11] | I mean, if I killed every woman that shut me down, | 总不能谁拒绝了我就把谁杀了吧 |
[07:14] | I would be a monster. | 那就太禽兽不如了 |
[07:16] | You know, well…I mean, I’m not… | 我是说 我没有 |
[07:19] | you know what I mean. | 你懂的 |
[07:22] | When was the last time you saw Valerie? | 你上一次见到瓦莱丽是什么时候 |
[07:25] | Uh, yesterday at work. | 昨天上班时间 |
[07:27] | Okay, I think we’re done here. | 好了 可以收工了 |
[07:28] | – You do? – Yes. | -这就完啦 -是的 |
[07:30] | Oh, actually, no. I have one more question. | 还没有 我还有一个问题 |
[07:31] | Where’s the nearest homeless shelter? | 离这里最近的收容所在哪里 |
[07:34] | Valerie was deeply guilt-ridden over hitting the homeless guy. | 撞伤流浪汉后瓦莱丽很内疚 |
[07:35] | 希里奥斯大街收容所 | |
[07:38] | She started collecting soap, shampoo, and crayons. | 她开始收集香皂 洗发水和蜡笔 |
[07:40] | She was taking kids hiking. | 还带孤儿远足 |
[07:42] | – She probably volunteered her time… – In a homeless shelter? | -很可能有空就去收容所 -当义工吗 |
[07:45] | Sometimes you act like I don’t know jack. | 有时候 别老显摆 我像小白 |
[07:47] | More rhyming. Now that’s even rapping. | 又押韵了 还带节奏 |
[07:49] | Sometimes you act like I don’t know jack. | 有时候 别老显摆 我像小白 |
[07:52] | I’m-a drop a beat back there. | 我要还你一句 |
[07:56] | Valerie Bestin? | 瓦莱丽・贝丝汀吗 |
[07:58] | Of course. She volunteered here. | 她确实在这里当义工 |
[08:00] | That’s what I told the other people. | 我也这么跟他们说的 |
[08:03] | What other people? | 他们是谁 |
[08:04] | Um, those people. | 那些人 |
[08:09] | Hi. | 早 |
[08:10] | How’d you know to come here? | 你们怎么查到这里的 |
[08:12] | Women are 17% more likely than men to self-direct | 女性认罪后更倾向亲身赎罪 |
[08:15] | into redemptive recourse after committing crimes. | 这一数据比男性高出17个百分点 |
[08:17] | Given Valerie Bestin’s lack of relapse | 瓦莱丽・贝丝汀醉驾伤人后 |
[08:18] | after D.U.I. with injury incident, | 一蹶不振 |
[08:20] | it only made sense that she would follow the pattern, | 她有理由会符合这一规律 |
[08:22] | so I called treatment facilities and shelters in surrounding areas | 因此我询问了这附近的疗养所与收容站 |
[08:24] | until I found the right place. | 就找来了这里 |
[08:27] | So you… guessed. | 这都是你猜测的 |
[08:29] | Ah, it’s more of a scientific hypothesis, really. | 更多的是科学假设 |
[08:31] | – Just keep us in the loop. – Noted. | -查到什么要告诉我们 -知道 |
[08:34] | Need to head back and code these interviews. | 我要回去整理刚才的调查 |
[08:36] | If you’ll excuse us. | 失陪了 |
[08:40] | You have to admit, she really knows her stuff. | 不得不服 她很有两把刷子 |
[08:42] | I’m admitting nothing. | 打死我也不服 |
[08:45] | She’s huffing and puffing. | 她盛气凌人 目中无人 |
[08:47] | Wait. That rhymes. | 等等 你也押韵了 |
[08:49] | Like I told Dr. Montague, | 我和蒙塔歌博士也说了 |
[08:52] | I didn’t know Valerie very well. | 我和瓦莱丽不熟 |
[08:53] | But she would often bring donations with her. | 但她能经常带来捐款 |
[08:56] | Desperately needed. | 我们非常需要捐款 |
[08:57] | Ah, we’re stretched pretty thin around here, | 我们人手也不太充裕 |
[08:59] | So our focus is on our guests. | 因此更多关注寄宿者 |
[09:01] | Uh, but Baula had more contact with her than I did. | 宝拉跟她比我更熟 |
[09:04] | Valerie was a saint. | 瓦莱丽真是个圣人 |
[09:06] | She never talked down to nobody. | 她从不吼人 |
[09:08] | Always makin’ sure we was eatin’ better, | 总是关心我们吃不吃得饱 |
[09:10] | drinkin’ less. | 有没有酗酒 |
[09:12] | Oh, when Marty died, | 马蒂死后 |
[09:14] | she was, like… cryin’. | 她伤心欲绝 |
[09:18] | she really cared. | 非常难过 |
[09:19] | Marty? | 马蒂是 |
[09:21] | A former guest. He passed away here a couple weeks ago. | 之前的寄宿者 几周前过世了 |
[09:25] | A bad case of flu swept through here. | 当时这里流感肆虐 |
[09:27] | Lot of people got sick, and poor Marty’s system just– | 很多人病了 而可怜的马蒂的症状尤其严重 |
[09:31] | Just couldn’t handle it, you know? | 他没能挺过去 |
[09:37] | Any other questions, Jane? | 还有什么问题没 简 |
[09:38] | Uh, yes, um, I do have one more question… | 有 还有一个问题 |
[09:41] | – Yeah. – In fact. | -说 -事实上 |
[09:43] | Do either of you recall whether Valerie was a-a knitter? | 你们知不知道瓦莱丽会针织 |
[09:48] | – Knitting. – Thank you for your time. | -打毛线 -感谢你们抽出时间 |
[09:51] | All right. Thank you. | 好吧 谢谢 |
[09:56] | Just got back the forensics report. | 我又看了下法医报告 |
[09:58] | Both victims were bludgeoned with the same object. | 两个受害人被同一凶器攻击 |
[10:01] | Identical wood fibers were found in both their wounds. | 在她们伤口中发现相同木质纤维 |
[10:03] | Sounds like the caveman. | 看来是野人杀手 |
[10:05] | I don’t think he has the patent on killing with a 2×4. | 又不是只有他会用木棍杀人 |
[10:08] | You know, we should think about a press response to this. | 我们该讨论下要如何向外界通报 |
[10:11] | Being ahead of media speculation | 不和媒体通通气 |
[10:12] | makes us look less reactive. | 他们会以为我们有所懈怠 |
[10:14] | Well, hang on. We’re not even sure it’s the caveman. | 再等等 不能确定就是野人杀手 |
[10:16] | We don’t need to speak to the press just yet. | 还不急向外头交代 |
[10:18] | I disagree. | 我反对 |
[10:26] | But I hear you… and I understand your concerns. | 但我懂你意思 也理解你的顾虑 |
[10:30] | Yes, you hear me, most certainly. | 你当然懂我意思 |
[10:33] | But I doubt very much you understand my concerns. | 但我怀疑你是否理解我的顾虑 |
[10:36] | If you’re so sure that it’s not the caveman, | 你要这么确定不是野人杀手 |
[10:37] | Why are you reading up on his file? | 怎么还在看他的档案 |
[10:39] | I like to read. I have insomnia. | 我喜欢看档案 不看睡不着觉 |
[10:43] | I don’t like warm milk. | 我不喜欢睡前喝热牛奶 |
[10:44] | I’m lactose-intolerant. I could go on. | 不喜欢乳糖 我还有很多习惯 |
[10:46] | Did you know that habitual mockery | 你知不知道习惯性厌恶 |
[10:47] | is a strong indicator of depression? | 是抑郁症的症状 |
[10:51] | No. But thank you for enlightening me. | 不知道 但感谢你提醒我 |
[10:57] | Um, that was inappropriate. | 有点失礼了 |
[11:00] | I apologize. | 我道歉 |
[11:08] | Er. It’s the last address. | 就剩这里的了 |
[11:11] | One of these vans has to have been at the salvage area. | 肯定有一辆去过弃尸现场 |
[11:14] | How many left? | 还有几个 |
[11:16] | Nine. | 九个 |
[11:17] | Oh, we already hit eight. God, my feet hurt. | 我们已经查了八个 脚都走疼了 |
[11:21] | Your feet hurt? | 你脚疼吗 |
[11:24] | Is there some way we can work this out? | 我们能不能尽释前嫌 |
[11:26] | – What? – I have to spell it out? | -什么前嫌 -非要我说出来吗 |
[11:30] | Okay, look, I lied. | 好吧 我撒了谎 |
[11:31] | I lied to the P.S.U. To protect my dad, | 我为保护我爸向内部调查组撒了谎 |
[11:33] | and you had to lie to cover me, and I owe you big-time. | 你也撒谎为我掩护 我欠你很多 |
[11:35] | Look, I get that you’re mad at me, and I’m sorry. | 我知道你很生我气 我很抱歉 |
[11:37] | But please, can we move past this? | 但求求你 能不能不要再纠结了 |
[11:39] | – Okay. – Okay? | -好 -好了 |
[11:41] | What, like–like, we’re okay, okay? | 就是说 我们和好如初了吗 |
[11:47] | Police! | 警察 |
[11:49] | Hey, what the hell, man? | 搞什么 长官 |
[11:50] | CBI. We need to ask you a couple questions. | 加调局 要问你们几个问题 |
[11:53] | – You the owner of this van? – Yeah. | -货车是不是你的 -是 |
[11:56] | You get your transmission fixed this morning? | 早上去修了变速器吗 |
[11:58] | Yeah. Why? | 是啊 怎么了 |
[12:00] | Ma’am, where’d you get that bracelet? | 那个手镯哪来的 |
[12:02] | At the none-of-your-damn- business store. | 关你屁事 |
[12:08] | So did your friend Yasmeen in the back of the van | 你车厢里的那个朋友耶斯敏 |
[12:10] | know where this bracelet came from? | 知不知道这个手镯哪里来的 |
[12:12] | Oh, that wasn’t a friend. | 不是什么朋友 |
[12:13] | That was just a little dinner. | 只是吃个晚餐而已 |
[12:15] | It’s weird that your dinner’s name was Yasmeen, | 那就奇怪了 你的晚餐叫耶斯敏 |
[12:17] | but this bracelet you gave her Has the initials | 但你送她的手镯上 |
[12:19] | “F.T.” Engraved on it. | 刻有姓名首字母F.T. |
[12:20] | Imagine that. | 那又怎样 |
[12:21] | It’s too bad you forgot the matching earrings | 你居然忘了被那个你杀害的 |
[12:23] | of the woman you killed. | 死者的配环 |
[12:24] | I didn’t kill anybody. | 我没有杀人 |
[12:27] | Then how’d you end up with a dead woman’s bracelet? | 那你怎么会有死者的手镯 |
[12:31] | You know, decomposing bodies can still leave a lot of evidence? | 腐烂的尸体仍能留下许多证据 |
[12:34] | Only a matter of time before they match up the D.N.A. | 手链上残留的DNA与她的尸体的相匹配 |
[12:36] | left on this bracelet to her body. | 只是时间问题 |
[12:40] | Look… sometimes I haul junk to that yard. | 是这样 有时我会把垃圾拖去那家废车场 |
[12:44] | I was there looking around for whatever. | 当时我在那儿漫无目的地张望 |
[12:46] | There she was, already dead. | 就发现了她 已经死了 |
[12:50] | The bracelet wasn’t doing her any good. | 留着手链对她也没什么用了 |
[12:53] | Too much of a wuss to be a killer. | 太草包了 当不了杀手 |
[12:55] | Lacking in grandiosity, only one divorce, | 没什么大事记 只是离过一次婚 |
[12:58] | No traffic violations. | 连交通违例都没 |
[13:00] | An undercurrent of rage would normally express itself | 内心的积怨是会不自主地流露的 |
[13:02] | at least in a driving record. | 至少会表现在驾驶记录上 |
[13:04] | I’m not seeing a propensity for violence here. | 我没看出有任何暴力倾向 |
[13:06] | So you agree with me? | 这么说你和我意见一致 |
[13:08] | Not our killer. | 不是凶手 |
[13:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:15] | The caveman was never known to steal jewelry off his victims, | 没听说野人杀手偷过被害人的珠宝 |
[13:18] | so that clears up that anomaly. | 这就能解释那个异常现象了 |
[13:20] | Life’s just one giant | 对你来说 生活就是一个 |
[13:21] | mathematical equation for you, isn’t it? | 巨大的数学方程式 对吗 |
[13:23] | I would like that. I confess. | 我承认 我希望如此 |
[13:25] | This isn’t the caveman. | 这不是野人杀手 |
[13:26] | So you say. | 随你怎么说 |
[13:27] | I got $1 that says the same thing. | 我和你赌一块钱 |
[13:31] | I have no objection to gambling. | 我不反对赌博 |
[13:33] | You’re on. | 赌就赌 |
[13:38] | Oh, someone’s popular. | 某人很受欢迎嘛 |
[13:39] | Hardly. | 才怪 |
[13:41] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[13:42] | What the hell– | 这玩意是啥 |
[13:45] | Looks like a kidney. | 看起来像是一个肾脏 |
[13:46] | There’s a poem on the other side of that paper, I suspect? | 我猜纸的背面还有一首诗 |
[13:49] | You’ve seen this before? | 你以前见过这个 |
[13:51] | “The ladies are dead. I crushed their heads. | “女士已死 脑袋碾碎 |
[13:54] | And after the lash, they go into the trash.” | 鞭打之后 其尸入袋” |
[13:57] | It’s from the caveman. | 是野人杀手寄来的 |
[13:58] | Poetry week. You could’ve done better than that. | 诗歌之周 你能写得比这更好 |
[14:01] | I believe we had a wager. | 我想我们打着赌吧 |
[14:02] | Ah. Yeah. | 没错 |
[14:05] | Thank you. | 谢了 |
[14:12] | We’ve received reliable notification | 我们接到来自一位 |
[14:13] | from an individual calling himself “The caveman,” | 自称野人杀手之人的通知 |
[14:17] | who claims responsibility for the murder of two local area women… | 他声称当地两位女性的谋杀案系他所为 |
[14:21] | Ms. Montague in her element. | 蒙塔歌女士上镜很是得心应手啊 |
[14:23] | It’s not often you see a profiler basking in the spotlight. | 很少见到有侧写师暴露于聚光灯下的 |
[14:27] | Well, Montague says that a killer like the caveman | 蒙塔歌说像野人杀手这样的杀人犯 |
[14:29] | Craves acknowledgment for his crimes. | 渴望他的罪行被公之于众 |
[14:31] | Giving him some attention could keep him | 让他得到些关注 可以让他 |
[14:32] | from taking another victim early. | 不急着找下一个受害者下手 |
[14:35] | You like Montague, don’t you? | 你喜欢蒙塔歌 是不是 |
[14:37] | No. I mean, I… don’t dislike her. | 不 我是说 我没有不喜欢他 |
[14:40] | What’s to dislike? | 有啥不喜欢的呢 |
[14:41] | Right. Still working on, uh, | 是啊 野人杀手 |
[14:43] | where the caveman sent the package from, | 寄送包裹的地点还在调查 |
[14:45] | But we got an I.D. on the other victim. | 不过我们查到了另一名受害者的身份 |
[14:47] | – Excellent. – Fernanda Talan. | -好极了 -费尔南达・塔兰 |
[14:49] | Engraved initials on the back of her stolen bracelet | 在她被盗的手镯背面刻着姓名首字母 |
[14:51] | helped make a positive match. | 帮我们锁定了正确的匹配 |
[14:52] | Her cousins reported her missing about a week ago. | 约一周前她表姐报告她失踪了 |
[14:54] | She worked for them at a bottling plant. | 她在装瓶车间为她们工作 |
[15:01] | Ah. Still wearing that brooch, I see, | 还别着胸针呐 看出来了 |
[15:05] | but where’s the power suit? | 不过强势西装哪儿去了 |
[15:06] | Well, wearing a palette of neutral tones | 在做调查时穿着浅色调的服装 |
[15:08] | is less threatening when interviewing people. | 会显得不那么咄咄逼人 |
[15:10] | HI. Hey, boss. | -喂 -喂 头儿 |
[15:12] | I just got Valerie Bestin’s phone records. | 我刚拿到瓦莱丽・贝丝汀的通话记录 |
[15:14] | Lately she’s been getting a lot of calls from Donovan Treadlow, | 最近她接了许多来自多纳凡・翠德洛 |
[15:16] | the homeless shelter director. | 那个流浪者收容所的主管的电话 |
[15:19] | He said he barely knew her. | 但他说他几乎不认识她 |
[15:21] | Well, he lied. | 那他说谎了 |
[15:22] | Take Cho. Get the story. | 叫上周 去盘问他 |
[15:25] | Fernanda was our cousin from my mother’s family. | 费尔南达是我们母亲家的表妹 |
[15:28] | She came to us to get away from the violence in Oakland. | 她为逃避奥克兰的暴力事件来投靠我们 |
[15:31] | This wasn’t supposed to happen to her. | 这不应该发生在她身上 |
[15:35] | Her brother was killed just last year, and now this? | 她弟弟去年才被杀 现在又轮到她了 |
[15:40] | She was going to make it. | 她本可以挺过去的 |
[15:43] | Tranquila, Nilda. | 别激动 尼尔达 |
[15:45] | When was the last time you saw Fernanda? | 你最后一次见费尔南达是什么时候 |
[15:46] | About a week ago. | 大概一周之前 |
[15:48] | She took the bus after work and just vanished. | 她下班后坐上公交就这么失踪了 |
[15:51] | We were worried immediately when she didn’t show up the next day | 第二天她没来上班 我们就担心了 |
[15:54] | because she never missed work. | 因为她从不旷工 |
[15:55] | Where did she work? | 她在哪儿工作 |
[15:56] | – On the line. – In there? | -生产线上 -在那儿吗 |
[15:59] | Have you see Valerie Bestin around your neighborhood? | 你在这附近见过瓦莱丽・贝丝汀吗 |
[16:02] | No. | 没有 |
[16:03] | We only heard about her through the news and you all. | 我们只是从新闻和你们口中了解到消息 |
[16:06] | I like the packaging. What flavor is that? | 我喜欢这个包装 是什么口味的 |
[16:09] | Um… probably our orange cream sodas, right, esther? | 可能是我们的橘子奶油汽水 对吗艾斯尔 |
[16:13] | Yes. We make natural sodas. | 是 我们生产纯天然的汽水 |
[16:16] | No corn syrup, no artificial flavors. | 不含玉米糖浆 也不含人工香料 |
[16:19] | We employ locals, pay them right. | 我们招的都是本地人 待遇丰厚 |
[16:21] | People used to shake their heads when we first started, | 以前我们刚起步时别人还不甚看好 |
[16:24] | But now they’re getting it. | 但现在他们都认可了 |
[16:26] | Fernanda had made a huge change here. | 费尔南达给这里带来了巨大的改变 |
[16:29] | She wanted to be a nurse and… | 她想成为一名护士 |
[16:32] | It’s just all so sad. | 实在是太伤心了 |
[16:35] | Is this a boy or girl? I can’t really see. | 这是公的还是母的 我看不出来 |
[16:38] | It’s a boy. | 是公的 |
[16:39] | A boy lizard. What’s his name? | 一只公蜥蜴 他叫什么名字 |
[16:41] | Chuy. | 邱 |
[16:43] | Hey, Chuy. | 你好 邱 |
[16:44] | Ms. Montague, you’re awfully quiet. | 蒙塔歌女士 你在太安静了 |
[16:46] | I’m sure you have some questions. | 我敢肯定你有问题要问吧 |
[16:48] | Ms. Montague here– she’s, uh, super, super clever. | 蒙塔歌女士 她非常非常聪明 |
[16:51] | She’s a scientist. | 她是名科学家 |
[16:52] | Thank you, Mr. Jane. | 谢谢你 简先生 |
[16:54] | Oh, pleasure. | 荣幸之至 |
[16:55] | Did Fernanda ever abuse alcohol? | 费尔南达有没有酗酒过 |
[16:58] | No. | 没有 |
[16:59] | What about illegal or controlled substances? | 那非法或管制药品呢 |
[17:02] | What are you trying to say, | 你想说什么 |
[17:03] | That Fernanda got mixed up in drugs? | 费尔南达在药物成瘾中迷失了自我 |
[17:05] | I’m looking into traits and habits which might give | 我在找她之所以会被野人杀手选中的 |
[17:07] | some insight into why she was chosen by the caveman. | 任何可能的特征或者习惯 |
[17:10] | Finding out why Fernanda’s to blame for getting murdered? | 查出费尔南达犯了什么错而被杀吗 |
[17:14] | What kind of quack are you? | 你算哪门子科学家 |
[17:17] | I’m sure that’s not what dr. Montague meant. | 我敢肯定蒙塔歌博士不是这个意思 |
[17:19] | Uh, it appears that you’ve got this covered, | 看来你这里你能负责 |
[17:21] | So I’m just going to, uh, go inside and take a look. | 那我就进去转转了 |
[17:24] | Ma’am, I did not mean to offend. | 女士 我没有冒犯之意 |
[17:27] | If you let me explain my procedure to you… | 如果你能允许我向你介绍我的步骤 |
[17:38] | Fernanda was a sweetheart, hard worker, | 费尔南达是个好孩子 勤劳的工人 |
[17:41] | she had gotten pretty sick a couple of weeks back, | 她两周前才生过一场大病 |
[17:44] | but there she was, on the job. | 但她还是坚持来上班 |
[17:47] | Sick how? | 什么病 |
[17:48] | Stomach bug, something. | 肠胃传染病之类的 |
[17:50] | Dedicated. | 兢兢业业 |
[17:52] | Absolutely. | 绝对的 |
[17:53] | Shy at first, but then she really got into it, | 刚来的时候挺害羞 之后就完全融入了 |
[17:57] | asking how we did things, you know, | 向我们请教技术 你知道的 |
[17:58] | just learning the process. | 学习整个流程 |
[18:01] | Can I, um, try one of these sodas? | 我能尝尝这汽水吗 |
[18:04] | Absolutely. | 当然可以 |
[18:08] | Cheers. | 干杯 |
[18:12] | Yeah, that’s good. | 很好喝 |
[18:14] | What’s, uh, what’s happening tomorrow night? | 明天晚上有什么节目 |
[18:18] | They’re having a candlelight vigil for Fernanda. | 他们要为费尔南达点灯守夜 |
[18:23] | Is the Helios Street line difficult to get to? | 希里奥斯线离这儿远吗 |
[18:23] | 寻人启事 寻找费尔南达 于周五晚八点失踪 乘希里奥斯线前往梅撒大道 | |
[18:26] | No. Bus stop is right out front. | 不 公交车站就在门口 |
[18:35] | Hey, uh, lisbon’s just finishing up in there. | 里斯本就快问完了 |
[18:38] | Won’t be a moment. | 马上就好 |
[18:40] | What’d you find out? | 有什么进展 |
[18:42] | Various things. All data is useful data. | 很多 所有数据都有帮助 |
[18:45] | So nothing then? | 那就是暂时没有了 |
[18:46] | And you? | 那你呢 |
[18:47] | Well, I found out how our two victims were connected. | 我发现两个受害者之间的联系了 |
[18:51] | How? | 什么联系 |
[18:52] | Get on the bus. I’ll show you. | 上公车吧 我告诉你 |
[18:55] | Wait. But my car is– | 等等 我的车在 |
[18:56] | Nah, just get on the bus. Come on. | 别管车了 坐公交吧 快来 |
[19:04] | Mr.Treadlow, you had a late night conversation | 翠德洛先生 瓦莱丽・贝丝汀死前 |
[19:06] | with Valerie Bestin the day before she died. | 那天深夜你和她有过一次谈话 |
[19:08] | You say you hardly knew her, and there you are | 你说你不认识她 却又在 |
[19:10] | calling her at midnight. Why’d you lie? | 深夜打电话给她 你为什么说谎呢 |
[19:14] | How it looks is bad, | 这看起来像是有隐情 |
[19:17] | but it was shelter business. | 不过实际上是关于收容所的事 |
[19:19] | Your wife can confirm that. | 我们可以去找你妻子证实 |
[19:21] | That’s not necessary. | 不必了 |
[19:22] | Then tell us about those calls. | 那就告诉我们你为什么这么做 |
[19:26] | Valerie was always thinking she saw me | 贝丝汀一直觉得 |
[19:28] | being too friendly with our female guests. | 我对一些女寄宿者太过殷勤 |
[19:31] | What did she see? | 她看到了什么 |
[19:32] | Me comforting them. | 我在安慰她们 |
[19:34] | Never discount the power of healing touch. | 永远不要吝啬于通过抚摸来安慰他人 |
[19:37] | So how often are you healing the homeless women around here? | 那你多久安慰一次这些无家可归的女人呢 |
[19:40] | Don’t make it sound so sordid. | 别把话说得这么下流 |
[19:42] | If there were nothing wrong, | 如果没有什么内幕的话 |
[19:43] | your wife would be standing here. | 你妻子就有知情权 |
[19:46] | Look… | 听我说… |
[19:48] | Valerie kept yammering about how she was gonna tell my wife | 贝丝汀总是吵吵着说 如果我不听她的 |
[19:50] | if I didn’t. So I was trying to persuade her | 她就要告诉我妻子 我只是想要说服她 |
[19:53] | to let me handle it in my own way. | 让我以自己的方式解决问题 |
[19:56] | We’ve looked into you, Mr. Treadlow. | 翠德洛先生 我们已经调查过你了 |
[19:58] | You and your wife started running | 你和你妻子9个月前 |
[19:59] | this shelter nine months ago? | 开始经营这个收容所 是吗 |
[20:01] | Yes, when we moved to the area. | 是的 从我们搬到这个区开始 |
[20:03] | But this isn’t the first time you lived around here. | 可这不是你第一次来到这个地方 |
[20:05] | You worked construction here. Ten years ago, right? | 十年前你在这搞建筑 是吗 |
[20:09] | I did. | 是的 |
[20:10] | What are you getting at? | 你想说些什么 |
[20:11] | Well, you left town in the middle of a housing boom, | 正当房地产大繁荣时期你离开这个小镇 |
[20:13] | Just after a serial killer named “The caveman” | 你走以后 连环作案的”野人杀手” |
[20:15] | stopped murdering the local women. | 便不再谋杀当地的妇女 |
[20:17] | And now you’re back, and here’s the caveman again. | 现在你回来了 野人杀手再次出现 |
[20:19] | Crazy, right? | 听起来很疯狂 不是吗 |
[20:21] | Come on. | 别这么说 |
[20:23] | You need to come with us. | 你得跟我们走一趟了 |
[20:25] | Please. | 走吧 |
[20:37] | Now that, uh… | 我说… |
[20:39] | brooch that you wear all the time– | 你一直戴着的这枚胸针 |
[20:41] | Does it carry any special meaning or significance? | 有什么特殊意义吗 |
[20:44] | -No. -No? | -没有 -没有吗 |
[20:46] | I only own one piece of jewelry. | 我就只有这一个首饰 |
[20:48] | Saves time and mental energy. | 节省时间和精力 |
[20:50] | That’s very efficient. | 真是有效率 |
[20:53] | Lucky it looks very good on you. | 幸运的是 你戴着很漂亮 |
[20:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[21:05] | That’s agile turtle. | 那家店就是”快乐小乌龟” |
[21:08] | So the office where Valerie Bestin worked | 也就是说瓦莱丽・贝丝汀的工作室 |
[21:09] | is on the same bus route as the factory | 和费尔南达・塔兰所在的工厂 |
[21:12] | where Fernanda Talan worked. | 在同一条公交线路上 |
[21:14] | The homeless shelter’s on the same line, too. | 流浪汉收容所也在这条线路上 |
[21:17] | All right, that’s–that’s a very suggestive link, but– | 这就是她们的内在联系 可是 |
[21:20] | Lisbon? Yes, I ditched you. Uh, I must confess. | 里斯本吗 我又丢下你了 我承认 |
[21:24] | But look at the bright side. I left you with a car this time. | 不过好的一面是 这次我给你留了辆车 |
[21:27] | There’s no need to be so grumpy. It’s okay. | 不要这么生气嘛 没事啦 |
[21:29] | I call bearing news. | 我有情况要报告 |
[21:30] | Our victims met on the Helios line. | 受害者们是在希里奥斯线上认识的 |
[21:33] | It’s a bus route. | 那是一条公交线路 |
[21:35] | A bus. | 公交车 |
[21:37] | Public transportation. Yes. | 公共交通工具 对的 |
[21:39] | And I would bet that the killer met the victims | 而且我敢说凶手也是在这辆公交车上 |
[21:42] | on this same bus. | 盯上她们的 |
[21:47] | Well… it’s always a pleasure. | 不用客气 |
[21:50] | Okay. Bye-bye. | 好的 再见 |
[21:52] | Pure surmise. | 这完全是凭空猜测 |
[21:53] | Yes. | 是的 |
[21:55] | Pure. | 完全是 |
[21:58] | Anything on the Jane bus angle? | 查到关于简说的 公交的情况了吗 |
[22:00] | I found out Valerie Bestin barely used her car | 瓦莱丽・贝丝汀一年前拿到驾照以后 |
[22:01] | even though she got her license back a year ago. | 几乎不太开车 |
[22:03] | She mainly took the bus, just like Fernanda. | 她总是搭乘那路公交 费尔南达也一样 |
[22:06] | Cho, I thought you were with Treadlow. | 周 我以为你在审翠德洛 |
[22:08] | We’re letting him think a while. | 让他自己思考一会吧 |
[22:10] | I’m working with the D.A’s office. | 我正和地检官沟通 |
[22:12] | To get all the personnel files released by the bus company. | 获准去拿公交公司的所有人事档案 |
[22:14] | Van Pelt? | 范佩尔呢 |
[22:15] | I’m running filters on all the riders with bus passes | 我在排查所有用公交卡乘车的乘客 |
[22:17] | to see if anything flags. Nothing as of yet. | 看看有没有什么情况 目前还找到 |
[22:20] | Okay, and when you’re done with that, | 好的 等你查完以后 |
[22:22] | find my old couch. | 把我的旧沙发找回来 |
[22:51] | I don’t recall there being a strong correlation | 我不记得 受害者和城市公交 |
[22:53] | between the victims and the use of public transportation. | 有什么必然联系 |
[22:56] | The caveman’s adapting. | 野人杀手正与时俱进 |
[22:58] | I’ll need to update my model. | 我也要升级我的模型 |
[22:59] | – Ms. Montague. – just– doctor. Dr. Montague. | -蒙塔歌小姐 -叫我蒙塔歌博士 |
[23:02] | – Dr. Ms. Montague. – Just doctor. | -蒙塔歌博士小姐 -叫博士就好了 |
[23:04] | – Doctor? – Yes. | -博士吗 -是的 |
[23:05] | – Montague. | -蒙塔歌博士 |
[23:07] | Turn the super computer off. | 让你的超级大脑休息一会 |
[23:09] | Sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride… | 坐好 放轻松 享受一下旅程 |
[23:10] | and the company, if possible. | 如果可能的话 还有身边的伙伴 |
[23:13] | – Mr. Jane. – Yes. Got it in one. | -简先生 -是的 一次就说对了 |
[23:14] | – Yes. On a notion… | -对 你的观念是 |
[23:17] | You have us sitting on a bus because our victims | 我们坐在这辆车上 |
[23:20] | might have been on the bus at the same time? | 是因为受害者也同时坐过这辆车吗 |
[23:22] | This is… messy. | 这简直是无稽之谈 |
[23:25] | Can I ask you a question as professionals? | 我能从专业人士的角度问你一个问题吗 |
[23:28] | Two professionals– | 我们两个专业人士 |
[23:30] | peers, if you will. | 还是同事 如果你愿意的话 |
[23:31] | Why can’t a notion, a thought, or an idea | 为什么一个观念 想法 或是主意 |
[23:35] | just hang out there for a moment? | 不能暂时作为参考呢 |
[23:37] | Just hang. | 只是参考 |
[23:38] | Because life is order and sequence. | 因为生命是有序而连续的 |
[23:41] | – Death is disorder, entropy. – Mm. | -而死亡却是无序而不定的 -嗯 |
[23:43] | Did you know that California | 你知道加利福尼亚州 |
[23:45] | leads the number of serial killers in the nation? | 连环凶杀案的数量是全国最多的吗 |
[23:47] | Dumb security, at least. Excuse me. | 起码安保工作做得不好 请让一下 |
[23:51] | Pardon me, ma’am. | 原谅我的冒昧 女士 |
[23:53] | Uh, I couldn’t help but notice | 我特别注意到 |
[23:54] | the beautiful detail work in this scarf. | 您围巾上细致的美丽图案 |
[23:56] | – Did you knit this yourself? – Yes, I did. | -是您自己织的吗 -是的 |
[23:59] | That’s very nice. You know, you could sell these. | 真是漂亮 你可以拿去卖呀 |
[24:01] | Do you–do you–have you thought of selling these? | 你有没有想过要卖呢 |
[24:04] | Yeah. You–you want to look? | 有的 你想看一看吗 |
[24:05] | If you don’t mind. They’re very nice. | 如果您不介意的话 这些都好漂亮 |
[24:08] | She’s got some great stuff here. Beautiful. | 她的东西棒极了 非常美丽 |
[24:11] | Oh, this is beautiful. Can I just try this on my… | 这个真好看 我能给我的女性朋友 |
[24:14] | lady friend? | 试一下吗 |
[24:18] | – Look at this. Look at that. It’s a very similar style. – Stop. | -瞧啊 瞧瞧 非常简单的款式 -住手 |
[24:20] | To the one that Fernanda was wearing, | 这和费尔南达的风格真像 |
[24:22] | And it looks just terrific with her ensemble, no? | 而且跟你衣服搭起来非常棒 不是吗 |
[24:26] | Excuse me, ma’am. | 抱歉 女士 |
[24:28] | Hello. We’re investigating the murder– | 我们想调查一下关于谋杀 |
[24:30] | I’m so sorry. No understand. | 对不起 我听不懂 |
[24:33] | – If I could just ask you– – no understand. | -如果我能问您一下 -我听不懂 |
[24:35] | But if you could just wait a second, I… | 如果您能稍等一下 我 |
[24:37] | Excellent people skills. | 交际能力真是好啊 |
[24:41] | – That’s sarcasm. – Uh-huh. | -讽刺你呢 -我知道 |
[24:44] | We can work on that. | 我们会有办法的 |
[24:51] | Hey. I was going through the personnel files | 我刚查阅了公交司机的资料 |
[24:53] | for the bus drivers, and something flagged. | 发现了一些线索 |
[24:56] | A bus driver– his name is Ralph Mercer. | 有个叫拉夫・梅瑟的司机 |
[24:59] | He’s only been with the bus company for the last six months. | 他到公交公司只有6个月 |
[25:02] | So? | 然后呢 |
[25:03] | According to his social security number, | 根据他的社保账号查知 |
[25:05] | he’s been dead 15 years. | 他15年前就死了 |
[25:07] | So I did a little more digging, and fingerprint records say | 所以我又调查了他的指纹档案 |
[25:11] | Mercer is actually Arthur Coffey. | 这个梅瑟其实叫做阿瑟・科菲 |
[25:13] | Not a nice guy– | 他不是什么好鸟– |
[25:14] | long sheet, including aggravated rape | 前科累累 包括恶性强奸 |
[25:16] | and assault with a deadly weapon. | 以及携带致命武器袭击 |
[25:18] | He drives the same route our victims rode? | 他开的是受害者乘坐的那路车吗 |
[25:20] | Afternoon and evening shifts. | 午班和晚班 |
[25:22] | Great. Where is he now? | 好极了 那他现在在哪 |
[25:23] | Got his route schedule from his boss. | 从他的老板那拿到时间表了 |
[25:25] | He’s on the road now. | 他这会儿在路上 |
[25:30] | Hello, everybody. I’m Patrick. | 大家好 我是派翠克 |
[25:32] | Uh, I’m sure you’ve all heard | 大伙肯定都听说了 |
[25:33] | about the two local women found murdered. Yes? | 两个当地的女孩被杀了 是吗 |
[25:38] | Yes. | 是的 |
[25:39] | Fernanda Talan and Valerie Bestin– | 费尔南达・塔兰和瓦莱丽・贝丝汀 |
[25:41] | They rode this bus every day. | 她们俩每天都搭乘这辆公交 |
[25:44] | Yes, they did, and we– when I say “We,” | 确实是的 而我们 我说”我们” |
[25:46] | I include my charming associate, | 是指我迷人的助理 |
[25:50] | Dr. Montague. | 蒙塔歌博士 |
[25:52] | We wanna know what you know about them… | 我们想了解一下关于她们的事 |
[25:54] | and any other shady people | 以及你们在公车上 |
[25:56] | that you may have noticed on the bus. | 见过的可疑的人 |
[25:59] | Any information may be important. | 任何信息都很重要 |
[26:02] | Any little piece of information may… | 即使是细枝末节也可能 |
[26:07] | be important. | 有帮助 |
[26:12] | Anything at all? | 有什么想说的么 |
[26:14] | Any detail? | 任何细节都可以 |
[26:17] | Okay. Thank you. | 好吧 谢谢大家 |
[26:25] | Excellent people skills. | 好棒的交际技巧 |
[26:28] | Ah, sarcasm. That’s very good. You’re learning. | 真是讽刺 很好 你会现学现卖了 |
[26:32] | But, uh, I, in fact, got an excellent response. | 但实际上 反响不错 |
[26:35] | I’m told that the driver is a little shady. | 那个司机有点可疑 |
[26:38] | Really? | 是么 |
[26:39] | Yes, really. | 没错 |
[26:41] | What the hell is going on? | 怎么回事啊 |
[27:00] | Why are you guys following me? | 你们跟着我干什么 |
[27:02] | Uh, we’d like to ask you some questions. | 我们有些问题想问你 |
[27:04] | Are you cops, or… | 你们是警察 还是 |
[27:05] | No, we’re consultants with law enforcement. | 不 我们是执法机关的顾问 |
[27:08] | Uh-huh. | 这样啊 |
[27:09] | Actually, no, she’s with law enforcement. | 其实 只有她是执法机关的人 |
[27:12] | I’m just an innocent bystander. | 我只是个无辜的旁观者 |
[27:13] | – She lured me into this whole mess. – He’s getting away. | -她让我卷进这滩浑水 -他跑了 |
[27:16] | -Do, uh, do something. – That’s good. | -做 做点什么 -很好 |
[27:17] | Like what? What am I gonna do? | 比如呢 我应该怎么做 |
[27:20] | Drop the weapon! | 放下武器 |
[27:21] | Facedown to the ground now! | 趴在地上 马上 |
[27:25] | That’s nice timing. | 来得正好 |
[27:28] | Darn! With him in the back, | 该死 如果带着他 |
[27:29] | there won’t be room for you two. | 我们就没有多余的位子了 |
[27:31] | – Well, how are we gonna get back? – Take the bus. | -那我们怎么回去 -坐公车吧 |
[27:34] | Come on. Get up. | 来 站起来 |
[27:38] | He was our driver. | 可他是我们的司机 |
[27:43] | Nice sheet, Arthur– | 劣迹斑斑啊 阿瑟 |
[27:44] | Carjacking, extortion, rape. | 劫车 勒索 强奸 |
[27:47] | Now that we’ve found 30 bindles on you, | 现在在你身上找到了30袋联萘酚 |
[27:48] | we can add dealing as well. | 我们还可以加上毒品交易 |
[27:50] | I want to straighten out, okay? | 我想要悔改 |
[27:52] | I got a disease… called addiction. | 我得了一种病 叫做毒瘾 |
[27:56] | That’s all it is– the dealing. | 还有交易 如此而已 |
[27:58] | I’m just trying to, you know, | 我一直在尽量 |
[28:01] | maintain. | 控制 |
[28:04] | I’m a good person that made some wrong choices. | 我是个好人 只是做了些错误的选择 |
[28:07] | Are you the firstborn in your family, Mr. Coffey? | 科菲先生 你是家里的长子么 |
[28:09] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[28:10] | Ever heard of the caveman? | 听说过野人杀手么 |
[28:12] | Sure. From the… tv news. | 当然 在电视新闻里看到过 |
[28:15] | You know these women? | 认识这些女人么 |
[28:18] | Yeah. | 认识 |
[28:20] | They rode the bus. | 她们坐过我的车 |
[28:22] | They were killed by the caveman. | 她们被野人杀手杀害了 |
[28:23] | I mean, it was just on TV. | 都上电视了 |
[28:26] | In fact, yeah, it was you that was on tv, | 事实上 没错 是你在电视上 |
[28:29] | said it was the caveman, right? | 说是野人杀手干的 是吗 |
[28:30] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[28:34] | How many sexual partners have you had? | 你有过多少性伙伴 |
[28:36] | Wow. You like to cut to the chase. | 你可真是开门见山 |
[28:40] | Um… like 100, 150. | 大概 一百 一百五 |
[28:44] | Women? Men? | 女的还是男的 |
[28:46] | Hello. Women. What is your point here? | 当然是女的了 你到底想问什么 |
[28:50] | We need to know whether you killed these women | 我们想确定你是不是杀害她们的凶手 |
[28:51] | Because they found out about your side business | 因为她们发现了你的副业 |
[28:53] | or because you’re the caveman. | 或者因为你根本就是野人杀手 |
[28:55] | Hey. No. You think I’m the caveman? | 不会吧 你们认为我是野人杀手 |
[28:58] | No, no. You got me all wrong here. | 不 不 你们抓错人了 |
[29:00] | I deal a little blow, okay? I don’t do murders. | 我只是卖点可卡因 我从不杀人 |
[29:07] | I think I’ll take a lawyer now. | 我想我得请个律师了 |
[29:11] | Well, he’s the only suspect we have | 他是唯一一个与两名被害人 |
[29:12] | with a direct link to both victims. | 有直接关系的嫌疑人 |
[29:15] | Yes, it’s all very compelling, but I’m not convinced. | 是的 确实嫌疑重大 不过我不信 |
[29:19] | And, yes, you should. | 不过 你倒是应该 |
[29:22] | Should what? | 应该怎样 |
[29:23] | Oh, you know what. | 你知道的 |
[29:25] | – No. – Oh, yes, you do. | -我不知道 -不 你知道 |
[29:27] | No, I don’t. | 我确实不知道 |
[29:28] | Yes, you do. | 你一定知道 |
[29:34] | That bus driver’s an ass, but he isn’t the caveman. | 那公车司机是个混蛋 但不是野人杀手 |
[29:37] | I’m thinking the same thing. | 我也是这么想的 |
[29:38] | His shifts at work don’t match up with our timeline. | 他的工作轮换和作案时间有冲突 |
[29:41] | And without any hard evidence, | 如果没有确凿的证据 |
[29:43] | I had to cut Treadlow loose, | 我还得放了翠德洛 |
[29:44] | so we have to start from scratch. | 那样我们又得从头查起 |
[29:46] | – Damn it to hell! – Oh, language. Please. | -该死 -请注意用词 |
[29:49] | Bertram is on Hightower’s back. | 博特兰姆逼着海托华破案 |
[29:50] | She’s on mine. | 她就向我施压 |
[29:51] | It’s all, “Catch the caveman, catch the caveman.” | 天天唠叨 抓住野人杀手 抓住野人杀手 |
[29:53] | I hate serial killers. | 我讨厌连环杀手 |
[29:56] | Caveman didn’t kill Fernanda and Valerie. Trust me. | 她们两个不是野人杀手杀的 相信我 |
[29:59] | Well, how can you be so sure? | 你为什么这么确定 |
[30:02] | Because I wrote the letter from the caveman. | 因为那封野人杀手寄来的信是我写的 |
[30:12] | What did you just say? | 你刚才说什么 |
[30:14] | I wrote the letter from the caveman. | 那封野人杀手的信是我写的 |
[30:15] | Yeah, I heard you the first time. | 我第一次就听清了 |
[30:17] | Why’d you ask me to say it again? | 那为什么还要我说一次 |
[30:18] | It was a rhetorical question! | 我只是在加强语气 |
[30:19] | I just wanted to stir things up, | 我只想煽动下气氛 |
[30:21] | just, you know, give Montague a little prod. | 让蒙塔歌小骄傲一下 |
[30:23] | I get it. She irks you. | 我明白了 你讨厌她 |
[30:24] | No, she doesn’t irk me. I like her. | 不 她没让我讨厌 我喜欢她 |
[30:26] | In fact, she amuses me. | 事实上 她让我得到消遣 |
[30:27] | Yeah, and in the meantime, everybody is freaking out | 是啊 与此同时 大家都焦头烂额了 |
[30:30] | Because they think there’s a serial killer on the loose. | 因为他们认为一个连环杀手正在逍遥法外 |
[30:32] | Well, there is that, but… that was her story. | 是这样的 但是 那是她说的 |
[30:35] | She made that up, not me. | 她编造的故事 不是我 |
[30:37] | Undoing this is gonna be a nightmare. | 改口简直是噩梦一般 |
[30:40] | The press is gonna have a field day. | 舆论一定会大肆抨击 |
[30:41] | I have to tell the families. | 我还得告诉她们的家人 |
[30:43] | Isn’t there a candlelight vigil somewhere this evening? | 今晚有一个烛光守夜会对吧 |
[30:46] | Well, I think so. | 好像有 |
[30:49] | It’s all gonna work out just fine. | 一切都会水落石出的 |
[30:51] | I have… no doubt in my mind. | 我深信不疑 |
[31:01] | Dr. Montague. | 蒙塔歌博士 |
[31:01] | Agent Rigsby. | 瑞斯比探员 |
[31:05] | Interesting line of questioning you had going in interrogation. | 审讯时你的一系列问题很有趣 |
[31:09] | Oh, well, yes, as you know, | 是的 你听出来了 |
[31:11] | Sexual promiscuity and risky behavior | 滥交和冒险行为 |
[31:12] | are reliable indicators in psychopathy. | 是可靠的心理变态特征 |
[31:15] | Uh, yes, you can learn a lot about a person | 是啊 通过一个人的性经历 |
[31:17] | From their sexual history. | 可以对他了解很多 |
[31:18] | I remember there was this one time | 我记得有一次 |
[31:19] | we had this guy in custody, and he had a… | 我们拘捕了一个家伙 他有 |
[31:22] | It was a… | 那是个 |
[31:23] | It’s an inappropriate story, sexual history-wise. | 那是个不恰当的故事 关于性经历的 |
[31:29] | This has been, uh, nice. | 这种感觉不错 |
[31:32] | – What has been nice? – Talking with you. | -什么感觉不错 -和你聊天 |
[31:34] | Oh, well. You’re welcome. | 这样啊 不客气 |
[31:37] | Agent Rigsby. | 瑞斯比探员 |
[31:38] | – Yes? – Your tea. | -什么事 -你的茶 |
[31:40] | Yes. I… | 是啊 我 |
[31:43] | will take that to go. | 得把这个带走 |
[31:46] | What, uh, agent Rigsby wanted to say… | 瑞斯比探员想说的是 |
[31:49] | Well, he–he wanted to ask you out on a date tonight. | 他 他今天晚上想约你 |
[31:57] | I was… going to go to the candlelight vigil– | 我要去烛光守夜会 |
[31:59] | Oh, I got–see, I picked that thing up. Um… | 瞧 我捡到了这个 |
[32:05] | This is for you. | 这个是给你的 |
[32:07] | Rigsby picked it out. | 瑞斯比挑选的 |
[32:09] | I didn’t. I have no idea what’s in that box. | 我没有 我不知道里面是什么 |
[32:11] | You didn’t… | 不是你 |
[32:12] | – Yes, he did. – No, I didn’t. | -就是他 -不是我 |
[32:21] | Thanks for coming out. | 感谢大家的到来 |
[32:23] | Um, Fernanda’s family was kind enough to include us | 费尔南达的家人很宽容地让我们加入 |
[32:25] | in this vigil because we’re all working toward the same end. | 这次祈祷 因为我们都为了同一个目的 |
[32:29] | We need to speak up. | 我们要畅所欲言 |
[32:31] | We can’t let a killer like the caveman | 我们不能让野人杀手这样的凶手 |
[32:33] | hold our community hostage. | 威胁到大家的安全 |
[32:36] | Don’t let Fernanda and Valerie die in vain. | 不能让费尔南达和瓦莱丽白白死去 |
[32:40] | Uh, if you have something to say, please come forward. | 如果你们有话要说 请走上前来 |
[32:45] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[32:46] | Uh, excuse me. My name is patrick jane. | 劳驾 我的名字叫派翠克・简 |
[32:49] | Uh, I offer my condolences. | 我带来我的哀悼 |
[32:51] | I’m a part of the team that will bring this killer to justice. | 我是这件案子的调查小组的一员 |
[32:54] | I do have some unfortunate news. | 我有几个不幸的消息 |
[32:57] | We’ve just learned that the letter | 我们刚刚了解到那封 |
[32:58] | we believed to be from the caveman is, | 我们以为是野人杀手寄来的信 |
[33:01] | in fact, a very clever forgery. | 实际上 是精心伪造的 |
[33:03] | So what does that mean? | 那意味着什么 |
[33:04] | Bottom line–we’re pretty sure that the caveman | 结果是 我们十分确定野人杀手 |
[33:06] | didn’t kill your loved ones. | 不是杀害她们的凶手 |
[33:08] | Someone is using the caveman as a foil. | 有人利用野人杀手做挡箭牌 |
[33:10] | You all said it was him on TV. | 你们在电视上都说是他干的 |
[33:12] | The profiler lady said you were making good progress on the case. | 那位女侧写师说案子有了不错的进展 |
[33:16] | She made a mistake. I’m sorry, but it happens. | 她犯了个错误 我很抱歉 但这是事实 |
[33:19] | So do you know anything? | 那你知道些什么吗 |
[33:21] | Again, I’d like to apologize profusely for our error. | 我再次为我们的失误真诚地道歉 |
[33:26] | Uh… it appears that this, uh, forger is, uh, | 貌似这位模仿者是 |
[33:29] | one of unparalleled skill. | 技艺超凡 |
[33:32] | Ohh! Oh, my god. That’s blood. | 哦 我的天啊 那是血 |
[33:38] | Ohh. What is that? | 那是什么 |
[33:41] | The profiler lady was wearing that brooch. | 那是侧写师女士戴过的胸针 |
[33:44] | Yes, she was. | 的确是 |
[33:48] | I’m not a specialist, but that looks like a kidney. | 我不是什么专家 但是那看上去像肾 |
[33:52] | There’s a note. | 有一张字条 |
[33:53] | “Your profiler is dead. | “你们的侧写师女士已经死了 |
[33:55] | Stupid copycat will join her at midnight.” | 愚蠢的模仿者今晚也会死掉” |
[33:57] | Signed from the caveman. | 野人杀手亲笔 |
[34:00] | Oh, no. Lisbon, where are you? | 不 里斯本 你在哪 |
[34:05] | I need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[34:11] | Listen, thanks for tonight. I had fun. | 感谢你今晚与我一同度过 我很开心 |
[34:13] | So did I, Wayne. | 我也很开心 韦恩 |
[34:15] | Um, I enjoyed your funny stories immensely. | 我特别喜欢你说的那些有意思的故事 |
[34:18] | Good. And I enjoyed your, uh… | 太好了 我喜欢你的 |
[34:20] | Well, I learned a lot about statistical analysis. | 我在统计分析上学到了不少东西 |
[34:24] | I hope I didn’t bore you. | 我希望没让你觉得很无聊 |
[34:25] | No, not at all. | 不 完全没有 |
[34:26] | Um, in fact, would you like to go out again? | 事实上 你愿意再次和我约会吗 |
[34:29] | I would. | 我愿意 |
[34:31] | Uh… I would. Do… | 我愿意 |
[34:32] | You are an attractive and stable character. | 你很吸引人 性格也稳重 |
[34:36] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:37] | But I don’t need to conduct an analysis | 但我不需要做分析也知道 |
[34:40] | to see that you’re still in love with someone else. | 你其实依旧爱着另外一个人 |
[34:44] | The probability of us having a successful relationship | 我们之间恋爱成功的概率 |
[34:46] | is no more than 20%. | 不会超过20% |
[34:48] | 20%? | 只有20%吗 |
[34:49] | Mm-hmm, tops. | 这还是最高概率 |
[34:53] | Where is everybody? | 大家伙都去哪了 |
[34:54] | I thought we were working the night shift. | 我以为我们要值晚班 |
[34:56] | Oh, hi. Everybody’s out catching the killer. | 嗨 大家伙都出去抓凶手了 |
[34:59] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[35:00] | – No, I’m joking. – Oh. | -不 我开玩笑呢 -哦 |
[35:02] | That was sarcasm. | 刚才是挖苦 |
[35:03] | Uh, they’re out catching the killer. | 大家伙的确是出去抓凶手了 |
[35:11] | Nilda, will you hurry up? | 尼尔达 你能不能快点 |
[35:12] | What about Chuy? | 邱怎么办 |
[35:13] | Forget the lizard already! | 别管那条蜥蜴了 |
[35:15] | Essential items only. | 只带必需的物品 |
[35:18] | Come on | 快点 |
[35:32] | It’s the caveman. | 是野人杀手 |
[35:34] | This is all a big mistake. | 这完全是个错误 |
[35:35] | We never meant to copy you! | 我们根本没打算模仿你 |
[35:38] | We just took the bodies to the first place we thought of. | 我们只是把尸体拖到我们首先想到的地方 |
[35:40] | Nothing to do with you, I swear. | 我发誓 和你没关系 |
[35:41] | We had no idea! Please don’t do this! | 我们根本不知道 请别杀我们 |
[35:54] | I’m thinking this has to do with your natural soda. | 我认为这件事和你的天然苏打水有关系 |
[35:56] | Something not so natural in it? | 里面有些不天然的东西吧 |
[35:59] | Well, that’s no secret. | 这不是秘密 |
[36:00] | A lot of foods require additives to keep them fresh. | 很多食品需要添加剂来保鲜 |
[36:03] | Fernanda was giving her friend, Valerie Bestin, | 菲尔南达送给她的朋友瓦莱丽・贝丝汀 |
[36:05] | crates of soda to distribute to the homeless, right? | 成箱的苏打水发给那些流浪汉喝 对吗 |
[36:08] | Yes. | 是的 |
[36:10] | Then a man at the shelter, Martin Brent, | 收容所里有个叫马丁・布兰特人 |
[36:13] | known as Marty, | 又名马蒂 |
[36:14] | died after drinking the soda, right? | 在喝完苏打水之后死了 是吗 |
[36:17] | – I don’t know any Marty.- Sure you do. | -我不认识什么马蒂 -你当然认识 |
[36:20] | I’m only telling you this | 我告诉你这些是想让你明白 |
[36:22] | so you know not to tell us stories. | 别给我编故事 |
[36:23] | Why would I lie about knowing some homeless guy? | 我为何要撒谎说自己认识一个流浪汉 |
[36:26] | The assumption was that Marty died | 大家都以为 马蒂的死 |
[36:27] | because his system was too weak to fight off the flu. | 是因为他身体太弱而无法抵御流感 |
[36:31] | But when Fernanda got sick, | 但当费尔南达也生病了 |
[36:32] | she started to do some digging. | 她便开始调查此事 |
[36:33] | You can’t tie any of that to us. | 你不能将此事归咎于我们 |
[36:35] | A simple blood test will show just what additives | 简单的血液检测 就会查出 |
[36:37] | were present in his system. | 他身体里残留了什么添加剂 |
[36:39] | Everyone at the shelter can confirm | 所有在收容所的人都可以证实 |
[36:41] | drinking the sodas. | 确实喝过苏打水 |
[36:42] | Who gave them out can be tested as well. | 谁发给他们苏打水也可以查出来 |
[36:45] | Esther said the soda was losing too much flavor. | 艾斯尔说苏打水变味太快 |
[36:50] | So we started using glycol as a stabilizer. | 我们便开始添加乙二醇来作为稳定剂 |
[36:54] | We got a bad batch. | 我们产出了一批残次品 |
[36:56] | How bad? | 有多残次 |
[36:58] | Esther said you had to drink a lot of it | 艾斯尔说只有喝掉大量的苏打水 |
[37:00] | in order for there to be any bad effects. | 才会引起不良反应的 |
[37:03] | Most people just got an upset stomach. | 大多数人也就是拉肚子而已 |
[37:05] | It was only like 500 bottles. | 也就大概五百瓶左右 |
[37:08] | You knew you were endangering the lives of your consumers. | 你知道你是在危害消费者的生命健康 |
[37:12] | Esther said pulling the product was too expensive | 艾斯尔说召回产品的成本太高了 |
[37:16] | and kept saying it was no big deal. | 还坚持说不会出大事 |
[37:18] | Who drinks 12 bottles in long go anyway? | 再说谁会一下喝个12瓶 |
[37:21] | Right, and then the homeless man, Marty, died. | 没错 然后那个流浪汉马蒂死了 |
[37:25] | Fernanda made the connection, started asking questions. | 费尔南达觉得其中有联系 便开始询问 |
[37:31] | Fernanda wouldn’t let it go, | 费尔南达不肯睁一只眼闭一只眼 |
[37:33] | said we had to issue a massive recall. | 她说我们必须大量召回产品 |
[37:36] | She’d tell if we didn’t. | 如果我们不这么做 她就揭发此事 |
[37:38] | And then you killed your own cousin. | 然后你就杀死了你的表妹 |
[37:47] | Yeah, we did. | 是我们干的 |
[37:53] | And then Valerie showed up a week later, | 一周以后瓦莱丽出现了 |
[37:55] | and you knew what you had to do. | 你知道你不得不把她也杀了 |
[37:59] | I told esther. That lady didn’t know anything. | 我告诉过艾斯尔 那位女士什么都不知道 |
[38:05] | But she kept saying someone like her | 但她坚持说像她那种女人 |
[38:07] | wouldn’t stop coming around and asking questions. | 是不会停止追究和询问的 |
[38:12] | So she had to go. | 所以她必须消失 |
[38:16] | Fernanda was my prima. | 费尔南达是我的长女 |
[38:18] | She was supposed to stick up for her own. | 她本应力挺她自己的亲属 |
[38:22] | But she chose that bitch on the bus | 但她却选择了公车上那个婊子 |
[38:24] | over her family. | 而不是她的家人 |
[38:58] | Thank you, man. I appreciate it. Really. | 谢谢你老兄 我很感激 真的 |
[39:02] | It’s just soda. | 苏打水而已 |
[39:04] | – It’s diet, right? – Yep. | -这是无糖的是吧 -对 |
[39:09] | – Mr. Jane? – Ms. Montague. | -简先生 -蒙塔歌小姐 |
[39:11] | We have some important business to conclude. | 我们有重要的事要说完 |
[39:13] | We do? | 有吗 |
[39:19] | For you. | 给你的 |
[39:23] | – I… – Hang on. | -我 -等下 |
[39:27] | Mm-hmm. Yeah, that’s good. | 嗯 是真钞 |
[39:28] | – Okay? – Thank you. | -好了吗 -谢谢 |
[39:29] | I always settle my debts. | 我向来都偿清债务的 |
[39:31] | You were right. That wasn’t a serial killer. | 你说的对 这不是连环杀手干的 |
[39:34] | Mm. You remind me. I almost forgot. | 你提醒了我 我差点忘了 |
[39:39] | Thank you. Forgotten it, too. | 谢谢 我也把这个给忘了 |
[39:41] | Useful brooch. Um, and I– | 胸针很有用处 而且我 |
[39:43] | I was hoping that, you know, you might forgive me | 我希望 你能够原谅我 |
[39:46] | any misdirection I might have given you. | 我给你了一些误导 |
[39:49] | Oh, yes. No. | 当然 不 |
[39:51] | No, I-I… actually, it was bracing | 不 我 其实我的准则受到 |
[39:54] | to have one’s operating principles challenged. So… robustly. | 如此粗鲁的挑战 还挺令人振奋的 |
[39:58] | Glad to be of service. | 很高兴为您服务 |
[39:59] | You know, I’ve never participated in chicanery before. | 我从没靠设计来抓凶手 |
[40:02] | I can’t condone it as a system, | 我无法赞同这有理可依 |
[40:04] | but I must admit that it adds… | 但我必须承认这让我对… |
[40:07] | zest to the task at hand. | 手头的工作多了一丝热情 |
[40:09] | In fact, w– | 事实上 |
[40:17] | How did you figure it out, that it was Esther and Nilda? | 你是怎么看出来是艾斯尔和尼尔达干的 |
[40:23] | Just a good guess. | 只是猜的准而已 |
[40:25] | When we first with them, | 当我们和她们第一次见面 |
[40:26] | they were masking shame, not sadness. | 他们面露羞愧 而不是悲伤 |
[40:30] | And who likes lizards? Cold-blooded people. | 什么样的人会喜欢蜥蜴呢 冷血的人 |
[40:33] | Lizards. | 蜥蜴啊 |
[40:35] | I think I shall stick with hard numbers. | 我觉得我还是跟确实的数字打交道吧 |
[40:37] | I have another guess for you. | 我还有一个猜测要告诉你 |
[40:39] | The caveman isn’t coming back. | 野人杀手不会重出江湖了 |
[40:41] | He is almost certainly dead. | 他几乎可以肯定是死了 |
[40:43] | Possibly. I have no personal bias on the matter. | 有可能 对此事我没有个人偏见 |
[40:47] | The numbers will eventually reveal the truth either way. | 数字最终也会告诉我们真相 |
[40:50] | They always do. | 向来如此 |
[40:52] | You really believe that? | 你真的相信 |
[40:53] | Of course. If you could stand far enough back | 当然 如果你退得够远 |
[40:55] | to see the big picture, everything is numbers. | 视野就会够开阔 发现事事都与数字相关 |
[40:59] | Speaking of which… | 说到这 |
[41:02] | you gave me a gift, so I must give you one. | 既然你给了我礼物 我也要礼尚往来 |
[41:05] | I ran red john through the modeling program. | 我把血腥约翰的案子输入到模型里 |
[41:08] | You might find some of the data sets useful. | 你也许会找到些有用的数据 |
[41:13] | Hmm. Wow. Lot of figures and graphs here. | 有好多数字和图表 |
[41:15] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[41:23] | Good luck. | 祝你好运 |
[41:26] | Well, thank you. | 谢谢你 |