时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:00] | 松林商场 加州 萨克拉门托 | |
[01:02] | So, Patrick… | 那么 派翠克 |
[01:04] | This doesn’t look good. | 事态对你不利 |
[01:05] | You want to tell us your side of the story, | 你想把事发经过告诉我们吗 |
[01:07] | see if we can straighten it out? | 看看有没有回旋的余地 |
[01:09] | It’s a long story, but, uh… | 说来话长 可是 |
[01:14] | The man I shot was Red John. | 我杀的是血腥约翰 |
[01:16] | So you acknowledge that you did that. You killed him. | 所以你承认你杀了他 |
[01:19] | Yes, I did. | 对 我承认 |
[01:21] | Can hardly deny it, can I? | 我想否认也难 对吧 |
[01:24] | 500 witnesses. | 那么多目击者 |
[01:27] | He was Red John. | 他就是血腥约翰 |
[01:28] | Red John, the famous serial killer? That Red John? | 连环杀手血腥约翰吗 是他吗 |
[01:31] | Yes. He killed my wife and daughter. | 对 他杀了我妻女 |
[01:34] | So what you did, in your mind, it was like a righteous kill. | 所以在你看来 他死有余辜 |
[01:37] | Yes. | 对 |
[01:38] | But how did you know it was him? | 可你怎么知道是他呢 |
[01:40] | He told me he was. | 他告诉我的 |
[01:41] | And you believed him. | 他说你就信了 |
[01:43] | He knew things about my wife and daughter | 他告诉我那些关于我妻女的事 |
[01:45] | that only Red John would know. | 只有血腥约翰知道 |
[01:47] | What was that? | 什么事 |
[01:49] | How they smelled on the night that he killed them. | 他大开杀戒的那晚她们俩身上的味道 |
[01:53] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[01:55] | So did, uh, did anyone else hear him say this to you? | 有其他人听到他对你说的话吗 |
[01:58] | No. | 没 |
[01:59] | So you can only assert that he said it. | 所以这只是你的一面之词 |
[02:00] | You can’t prove it. | 你没有证据 |
[02:01] | No, I can’t, but the gun he’s carrying | 对 可他随身携带的枪支 |
[02:03] | certainly backs me up, doesn’t it? | 可以证明我的话 不是吗 |
[02:05] | And if you check his cell phone, he received a call at 1:15 | 你们去看他的手机 他在一点一刻接到 |
[02:08] | from an FBI agent | 一通联调局探员 |
[02:09] | by the name of Craig O’Laughlin, | 克莱格·欧拉福林打来的电话 |
[02:11] | Who is, well, was, a proven accomplice of Red John. | 他已经被证明是血腥约翰的共犯 |
[02:16] | You taking any kind of medication, Patrick? | 你是否在服用药物 派翠克 |
[02:18] | No. | 没 |
[02:20] | What’s that got to do with anything? | 有什么关系吗 |
[02:22] | Here’s the thing. That’s a great story you tell. | 是这样的 你讲的经过很详尽 |
[02:25] | If it was true, you could probably ask for manslaughter, | 如果是真的 你可以申辩过失杀人 |
[02:28] | Take a 5-year hit, tops. | 最多被判五年 |
[02:30] | It is true. | 我说的是真的 |
[02:31] | Yeah. But the problem is, Patrick, | 是 派翠克 可问题是 |
[02:34] | The man you killed– his name is Timothy Carter. | 你杀的这个人 他名叫提姆西·卡特 |
[02:36] | He’s a well-respected local businessman, | 他是本地颇有名望的商人 |
[02:38] | a devoted husband and father with no criminal record. | 他有妻女 非常顾家 没有案底 |
[02:40] | – No, that’s incorrect. – Wait a minute. Let me finish. | -那不可能 -等等 让我说完 |
[02:43] | Now we’ve already looked at his cell phone. | 我们已经查了他的手机 |
[02:44] | I got the details right here. | 我手里就有所有通话记录 |
[02:46] | He logged zero calls from this O’Laughlin– | 他没有接到过欧拉福林的电话 |
[02:49] | None. | 一通都没有 |
[02:54] | and guess what else? | 你猜还有什么 |
[02:57] | He didn’t have a gun on him. | 他身上没带枪 |
[03:00] | No gun. | 没枪 |
[03:02] | No gun. | 根本没枪 |
[03:04] | so you see how this doesn’t look good. | 所以你看 事态对你有多不利 |
[03:07] | It looks like either you’re telling both of us a pack of lies, | 看来要么是你满嘴谎话 |
[03:09] | or you went crazy | 要么就是你疯了 |
[03:12] | and you killed an innocent man. | 并杀了一个无辜的人 |
[03:20] | 超感警探 | |
[03:22] | 超感警探 | |
[03:28] | 萨克拉门托郡法院 | |
[03:31] | Ardiles. Hey, I’m glad I caught you. | 阿迪勒斯 真高兴能见到你 |
[03:33] | Look, just to save time here, I’m sorry, | 我是为了节省大家的时间 |
[03:35] | But I can’t cut your man Jane any slack on his bail. | 我无法帮你的手下简减免一丁点保释金 |
[03:38] | No, no. I don’t want you to. | 不 不 我没想让你帮这忙 |
[03:41] | No, on the contrary, I want you | 恰恰相反 我想让你 |
[03:42] | to make sure he stays locked up for as long as possible. | 确保他被关押的时间越久越好 |
[03:46] | Okay. He’s your man. | 好 他是你手下 |
[03:48] | Well, don’t get me wrong–it’s heartbreaking to see a good man | 别误会 看到像简这样人又好 |
[03:50] | and a productive employee like Jane go down in flames, | 工作效率又高的雇员蹲监狱 我也不好受 |
[03:54] | But this is about damage control now. | 可现在这也是为了控制影响 |
[03:56] | We need to make sure that he is safely out of the way | 我们需要确保媒体的狂轰滥炸结束前 |
[03:58] | until this media crapstorm passes. | 他能安全地避开风头 |
[04:01] | Understood. | 懂了 |
[04:04] | Your honor, the defendant is charged | 法官大人 被告被控 |
[04:06] | with a heinous and inexplicable crime | 犯有令人发指的滔天罪名 |
[04:08] | that may entail the death penalty. | 可追溯其死刑 |
[04:10] | He has no ties in the community, he owns no property here | 他在这个地方没有亲人 也没有财产 |
[04:13] | and must be considered a very serious flight risk. | 潜逃风险极大 |
[04:16] | I ask that bail be set at a minimum of $1 million. | 我申请保释金金额定为最低一百万 |
[04:20] | Mr. Jane, are you sure about representing yourself? | 简先生 你确定要为自己辩护吗 |
[04:24] | It’s seldom a good idea. | 这不太明智 |
[04:26] | I am sure, your honor. I appreciate your concern. | 我确定 法官大人 谢谢您的关心 |
[04:31] | Very well, then. As to the matter of bail? | 那好吧 那你对保释金的看法呢 |
[04:33] | Oh, it’s fine. No–no objection. | 没问题 无异议 |
[04:36] | Really? Can you come up with a million dollars? | 是吗 你能付得出一百万吗 |
[04:39] | No. I’m–I’m happy to stay in jail for now. | 不能 我很乐意暂时待在监狱 |
[04:42] | I-I need a little time to think about things. | 我需要点时间思考 |
[04:45] | Well, then, we shall oblige you. | 那好 我们满足你的要求 |
[04:47] | Bail is set at a million dollars. | 保释金定为一百万 |
[05:01] | Agent Lisbon. | 里斯本探员 |
[05:05] | How are you? | 你怎么样 |
[05:07] | Mm. Pretty good, considering. | 算是不错吧 |
[05:11] | Painkillers are amazing these days, huh? | 这些天止痛药很管用 |
[05:15] | Have you seen Jane? | 你见过简了吗 |
[05:16] | Oh, across a courtroom. | 在法庭上见到了 |
[05:18] | How was he? | 他怎么样 |
[05:19] | Well enough. | 凑合吧 |
[05:22] | I want to extend | 我想代表 |
[05:23] | my own and the bureau’s deepest sympathies to you. | 我个人和局里 对你表示最诚挚的关心 |
[05:27] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[05:28] | Doctor says I should be up and around in a day or so. | 医生说我过几天就能起床走动了 |
[05:31] | Oh, excellent. Excellent. But… | 很好 很好 可是 |
[05:35] | D-don’t rush your recovery. You have plenty of time. | 别太心急 你有充裕的时间 |
[05:39] | You and your team are suspended as of today. | 你和你的手下今天起被停职 |
[05:43] | Suspended. | 停职 |
[05:45] | Why? | 为什么 |
[05:46] | Really? You have to ask? | 不是吧 你非得问吗 |
[05:49] | You allowed a clearly disturbed individual | 你允许一个明显精神失常的人 |
[05:52] | to lead your activities. | 指挥你们的行动 |
[05:54] | You allowed him to gun down an innocent man. | 你允许他枪杀了一个无辜的人 |
[05:57] | We don’t know that. | 我们并不知情 |
[05:58] | An innocent man. | 无辜的人 |
[06:01] | On top of which, you perpetrated an elaborate deception on me, | 最重要的是 你为了收集证据 |
[06:05] | in order to gather evidence that I, your own boss, | 设计欺骗了我 而我作为你的上司 |
[06:08] | am part of a vast criminal conspiracy. | 竟成了重大刑事案件的共犯 |
[06:11] | Shall I go on? | 还要我说下去吗 |
[06:12] | But you can’t do this. Please, you– | 可你不能这么做 拜托 |
[06:14] | Shh, stay calm, Lisbon. | 别激动 里斯本 |
[06:16] | Focus on getting well. | 专心把伤养好 |
[06:20] | We’ll revisit your status when you’re fully recovered. | 等你痊愈了 我们会重新考虑给你复职 |
[06:27] | But what about Jane? | 那简呢 |
[06:31] | Forget about Jane. | 别管他了 |
[06:42] | Nurse? | 护士 |
[07:09] | So how was your week? | 你这周过得如何 |
[07:13] | Oh, you should be in the hospital. What are you doing here? | 你该待在医院 来这里做什么 |
[07:16] | I’m okay. You, on the other hand… | 我没事 可你… |
[07:18] | Oh, I’m okay, too. | 我也没事 |
[07:20] | You killed an unarmed man in front of 500 witnesses. | 你杀了一个手无寸铁的人 目击者无数 |
[07:24] | You’re not okay. | 你怎么会没事 |
[07:26] | He had a gun. | 他有枪 |
[07:27] | Someone must have taken it and switched the cell phone. | 一定是有人拿走了 还调换了手机 |
[07:30] | It’s the only possible explanation. | 只有这种解释说得通 |
[07:32] | That, or you went nuts for a moment. | 要么就是你一时脑子发热失了控 |
[07:36] | Lisbon, look at me. | 里斯本 你看看我 |
[07:40] | I didn’t go nuts. | 我没失控 |
[07:42] | I believe you. | 我相信你 |
[07:44] | I’m not sure a jury will. | 但陪审团不一定会 |
[07:46] | Yeah, well, that is a problem, | 这确实是个问题 |
[07:47] | but I did what I had to do and I will live with the consequences. | 但我做了必须要做的 也会承担后果 |
[07:54] | Next time you come, can you bring some blueberry muffins? | 你下次来能顺便带点蓝莓松饼吗 |
[08:00] | Hey, guys. | 大伙 |
[08:12] | Grace, you didn’t have to come in. | 格蕾斯 你不用亲自来的 |
[08:13] | We could have gotten your stuff for you. | 我们可以收拾好了给你送去 |
[08:15] | Oh, it’s no big deal. | 没事 |
[08:18] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[08:19] | Um, how are you doing? You good? | 你怎么样 还好吗 |
[08:22] | Yeah, I’m fine. | 我没事 |
[08:24] | Two days ago you shot and killed your fiance. You can’t be fine. | 两天前你才枪杀了未婚夫 怎么会没事 |
[08:27] | Jeez, Cho. | 老天 周 |
[08:28] | What? | 怎么 |
[08:29] | You need to spell it out? | 你就非得说出来吗 |
[08:30] | Look, I am perfectly fine, | 我真的没事 |
[08:31] | and I don’t want to talk about it. Okay? | 但我不想谈这事 好吗 |
[08:35] | Hey, boss. | 老大 |
[08:37] | Aren’t you supposed to be in the hospital? | 你不是该在医院吗 |
[08:38] | Never mind that. | 无所谓的 |
[08:39] | – But you should be– – I’m fine. | -但你应该在… -我很好 |
[08:42] | We need to work on digging ourselves and Jane out of this mess. | 现在替简和我们自己解围才是当务之急 |
[08:46] | Well, how do we do that, exactly? | 我们具体该怎么做 |
[08:47] | First, we prove that this Timothy Carter guy was Red John. | 首先我们要证明提姆西·科特就是血腥约翰 |
[08:50] | That’s hard to do. How do we even work without badges? | 这并非易事 连警徽都没有怎么查呢 |
[08:52] | It breaks the terms of our suspension, doesn’t it? | 在停职期间做这些是违规的 不是吗 |
[08:54] | Yes, but I don’t see that we have any other choices. | 是 但我们也没有其他选择 |
[08:56] | You in? | 你们一起吗 |
[09:01] | Yes. | 好 |
[09:06] | Grace, what am I thinking? | 格蕾斯 我在想什么呢 |
[09:08] | You need to go home and rest. | 你得回家好好休息 |
[09:10] | The guys and I can manage this to start with. | 我和他们几个能搞定 |
[09:12] | Seriously, I’m totally okay. | 没骗你 我真的没事 |
[09:14] | No. You need to go home and take it easy. | 不 你得回家 放松一下 |
[09:17] | I can’t go home. | 我不能回家 |
[09:21] | I need to work. I need to be around people. | 我需要工作 我不能一个人待着 |
[09:27] | Okay, you’re right. I can’t tell you what to do. | 你说得对 我不该管你 |
[09:29] | You want to stay, stay. We’d love to have you. | 你想留下就留下 我们很高兴你在 |
[09:36] | You guys want to focus on finding the gun and the cell phone? | 你们想从枪和手机入手查吗 |
[09:38] | Well, we have to assume | 我们得假设 |
[09:39] | that it was taken before Sac PD | 在萨克拉门托警局和 |
[09:40] | and forensics | 法庭取证科到达那里之前 |
[09:41] | got there, right? | 有人拿走了它 |
[09:42] | We need to take a look at the security video from the mall. | 我们需要查看商场的监控录像 |
[09:44] | Whoever took the gun and phone has to be on camera. | 拿了枪和手机的人一定会在录像里出现 |
[09:46] | Grace and I will check out Timothy Carter. | 我和格蕾斯去查下提姆西·科特的情况 |
[09:47] | If he was Red John, | 如果他真的是血腥约翰 |
[09:48] | he had to have left evidence of it someplace. | 就一定会留下蛛丝马迹 |
[09:50] | If he was Red John. | 如果他是血腥约翰的话 |
[09:52] | He was. Jane did not go crazy. | 他就是 简可没有疯 |
[10:18] | Hi. | 你好 |
[10:19] | Do you remember us? | 记得我们吗 |
[10:20] | We were at the stakeout that led to the shooting? | 枪案当天我们在周围监视 |
[10:22] | Oh, yeah. That was some situation, huh? | 记得 那天可真是动静不小 |
[10:26] | How can I help you? | 你们有什么事 |
[10:27] | We need to see that day’s video surveillance footage. | 我们要查一下当天的监控录像 |
[10:29] | Oh, of course, sure. Uh, we got it on disk, | 当然可以 录像存在光盘上了 |
[10:31] | or I can download it and e-mail you a copy. | 我可以下载下来寄给你们副本 |
[10:33] | A disk would be fine. | 给我们光盘就行 |
[10:34] | No problem. Oh, Uh, just show me the warrant, | 没问题 请出示一下搜查令 |
[10:36] | and I’ll get right on it. | 我这就给你们拿 |
[10:37] | Yeah, we can send you the warrant. | 我们可以回头再把搜查令寄给你 |
[10:38] | We’re kind of in a hurry here. | 现在情况紧急 |
[10:40] | I bet. Must be all kinds of crap flying over this. | 估计也是 这烂摊子肯定很让人焦心 |
[10:44] | Your guy really got his Bronson on, huh? Boom. | 你们那搭档还真够暴力的 一枪毙命啊 |
[10:47] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[10:50] | Uh, I need to see the warrant first, though. | 我还是得先看搜查令 |
[10:52] | It’s, uh, it’s protocol. | 这是规定 |
[10:54] | There is no warrant. | 没有搜查令 |
[10:59] | Ask me why. | 问我为什么 |
[11:00] | Why? | 为什么 |
[11:01] | Because every member of our unit is suspended, | 因为我们组的每名成员都被停职了 |
[11:02] | because of this killing here and two other people we killed this week. | 加上这里这位 我们本周共杀了三人 |
[11:08] | Wow, that’s, uh… | 这还真是… |
[11:11] | rough week. | 难挨的一周 |
[11:13] | Uh, I guess I can run you off a copy. | 我可以帮你们搞一份副本 |
[11:17] | That’d be great. Thank you. | 那太好了 谢谢 |
[11:34] | Hello? | 你好 |
[11:35] | Mrs. Carter? I’m Teresa Lisbon. | 是卡特夫人吗 我是特蕾莎·里斯本 |
[11:37] | This is grace van pelt. | 这位是格蕾斯·范佩尔 |
[11:39] | We’re colleagues of Patrick Jane from the CBI. | 我们是加调局派翠克·简的同事 |
[11:43] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[11:46] | We’d very much to speak with you if that’s possible. | 如果可以的话 我们很想和你聊聊 |
[11:52] | Yes. All right. Please, come in. | 好吧 请进 |
[11:58] | This is Reverend Farley and my friend Joan. | 这位是理弗兰德·法尔利和我的朋友琼 |
[12:02] | These are colleagues of Patrick Jane. | 她们是派翠克·简的同事 |
[12:05] | Jane? | 简 |
[12:05] | Yes. | 是的 |
[12:07] | I’m not sure if this is appropriate. | 我觉得这不合适吧 |
[12:09] | No, that’s all right. I’m happy to talk with them. | 没关系 我愿意和她们聊聊 |
[12:13] | Well, if that’s the case, we’ll take Charlaine out to play, shall we? | 这样的话 我们就带夏莲出去玩玩 |
[12:17] | Give you a moment. | 不打扰你 |
[12:18] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[12:23] | Can I offer you some coffee or tea? | 我给你们倒点茶或咖啡吧 |
[12:26] | Coffee would be great, thank you. | 咖啡吧 谢谢你 |
[12:28] | This must be a terrible time for you, | 这段时间对你们而言一定不易 |
[12:31] | and I’m sure you have a lot of questions. | 相信你们有许多问题想要问我 |
[12:38] | But… | 但是 |
[12:41] | I can tell you right now | 我现在就可以明白地告诉你们 |
[12:44] | that my husband was not this Red John person. | 我丈夫绝不是血腥约翰 |
[12:50] | He was… | 他是… |
[12:51] | the kindest… | 你所能想象的 |
[12:53] | gentlest soul you can imagine, | 最体贴 最温柔的人 |
[12:56] | and… | 而且… |
[12:58] | I don’t know how… | 我不知道怎么回事… |
[13:01] | But your colleague made a terrible, terrible mistake. | 但你的同事犯了极大的错误 |
[13:06] | Is it possible your husband hid things from you? | 有没有可能 你的丈夫对你有所隐瞒 |
[13:09] | Other aspects of his life? | 有你所不知的一面 |
[13:11] | We were very close. | 我们亲密无间 |
[13:13] | We didn’t keep secrets from each other, ever. | 相互之间没有秘密 从没有过 |
[13:16] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[13:18] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[13:20] | I mean, a secret, by definition, | 秘密的定义就是 |
[13:22] | is something you don’t know, right? | 你不知道的事情 不是吗 |
[13:27] | How long were you married? | 你们结婚多久了 |
[13:31] | Three years this Friday. | 到这个周五是三周年 |
[13:34] | He was at that mall, buying an anniversary gift. | 他去商场 就是为了买周年礼物 |
[13:38] | So he was the perfect man. | 那他是个完美的男人 |
[13:40] | Nobody’s perfect. | 没人是完美的 |
[13:44] | He is a good man. | 可他是个好人 |
[13:49] | Was. | 曾经是 |
[13:53] | Only last month, | 上个月 |
[13:54] | he got an official commendation from the sheriff. | 他还获得了治安官颁发的奖状 |
[13:56] | For what? | 什么奖 |
[13:58] | When Debbi Lubin went missing, | 戴比·鲁宾失踪后 |
[14:01] | Tim organized the volunteer search parties. | 提姆组织了志愿搜索救援组 |
[14:03] | Who’s Debbi Lubin? | 戴比·鲁宾是谁 |
[14:05] | Oh, um, a girl from our church. | 我们教会的一个女孩 |
[14:09] | She went missing about… | 大概六周前 |
[14:12] | six weeks ago. Poor thing. | 她失踪了 很可怜 |
[14:17] | Only 17. | 才17岁 |
[14:18] | 若您有戴比·鲁宾的消息 请联系治安官办公室 | |
[14:20] | What do you think? | 你怎么看 |
[14:21] | I don’t know. She seemed sincere. | 我说不好 她看着很真诚 |
[14:23] | House is clean as a whistle. | 房子里一点蛛丝马迹都没有 |
[14:24] | He must have kept a hideout someplace else. | 他肯定有其它藏身处 |
[14:27] | I think she’s full of it. | 反正她是深信不疑 |
[14:28] | Yeah, you made that plain. Listen, Grace, | 我听出来了 听我说 格蕾斯 |
[14:31] | you need to sign up for your counseling sessions A.S.A.P. | 你要尽快参加心理辅导 |
[14:35] | Sessions? With the shrink? I don’t need it. | 辅导 跟心理医生吗 我不需要 |
[14:37] | Well, I think you do. | 我觉得你需要 |
[14:38] | Besides, it’s not your call. | 再者 也不是你说了算 |
[14:40] | It’s mandatory after a shooting. | 这是经历枪击后的必修课 |
[14:42] | They say a psych counseling sheet in your file | 有人说档案中有没有心理辅导记录 |
[14:44] | doesn’t matter, | 没有影响 |
[14:45] | but it does. | 但并非如此 |
[14:46] | Grace, I’m asking you as a friend. | 格蕾斯 我是以朋友的身份说 |
[14:48] | Get help. | 你需要帮助 |
[14:50] | See the shrink. Talk about what happened. | 去见医生 谈一谈发生的一切 |
[14:53] | Don’t let this eat away at you. | 不要让它始终困扰着你 |
[14:56] | I appreciate the concern, really. Thank you. | 谢谢你的关心 真的 谢谢 |
[15:03] | Listen, we’ve got a serious problem. | 有个很严重的问题 |
[15:05] | Yeah, I was really looking forward to a muffin. | 没错 你竟然连个松饼都不带给我 |
[15:07] | Timothy Carter looks innocent. | 提姆西·卡特看起来是无辜的 |
[15:09] | His wife makes a good case for him. | 他妻子能证明他是个好人 |
[15:11] | His house was clean. | 屋子里也没有赃物 |
[15:13] | You search the whole place? | 你们全面搜查过了吗 |
[15:14] | We didn’t rip out the floorboards. | 我们没有仔细检查 |
[15:16] | Sure, he could have been hiding something, | 确实 他有可能隐藏了什么 |
[15:18] | but without any clues, | 但没有任何线索的话 |
[15:19] | we don’t even know where to start looking. | 我们根本不知从何下手 |
[15:22] | What’s Carter’s story? Where’s he from? | 卡特什么背景 他是哪里人 |
[15:24] | Only child of missionaries, grew up in Africa, | 传教士的独子 在非洲长大 |
[15:27] | studied and lived abroad | 一直在海外学习生活 |
[15:29] | until he moved to the U.S. to live in ’06. | 直到06年回到美国 |
[15:31] | So in other words, he just appears on the grid five years ago. | 就是说 他是五年前突然出现的 |
[15:35] | That sounds like a fake identity. | 听起来像是个伪造的身份 |
[15:36] | Maybe. Or he’s a guy who moved to the country five years ago. | 也许吧 或者他真的是五年前回国 |
[15:41] | The only red flag we have is that he recently put himself | 唯一可疑之处是 最近有个当地女孩失踪 |
[15:43] | in the middle of the search for a local girl who’s gone missing. | 他主动参与到搜索行动中 |
[15:46] | Well, that’s your classic organized criminal psychopath behavior– | 有组织犯罪的变态常常如此 |
[15:49] | inserting himself into an investigation. | 让自己参与到调查中 这很典型 |
[15:51] | Again, maybe. | 依旧只是可能 |
[15:52] | Or he’s a good guy who wants to do the right thing. | 或者他只是个想做好事的好人 |
[15:55] | We have no hard facts, just your word. | 你口说无凭 |
[15:58] | And you’re beginning to think that maybe my word is dubious. | 而你开始认为 我的推测不可信 |
[16:02] | Maybe I’m crazy. | 也许我是疯了 |
[16:04] | Maybe I shot some random guy. | 也是我随便杀了个人 |
[16:07] | No. | 不 |
[16:11] | It’s crossed my mind, yeah. | 不过我确实怀疑过 |
[16:13] | Fair enough. | 我理解 |
[16:17] | I guess I’m gonna have to get out of here | 我想我得想办法出去 |
[16:18] | to help you with this. | 帮你破这个案子 |
[16:19] | How? Your bail’s set at a million bucks. | 怎么出去 保释金要一百万 |
[16:22] | Yeah, that’s no problem. | 钱不是问题 |
[16:23] | Once I get the money together, I’ll call you. | 我一弄到钱 就给你电话 |
[16:25] | How you gonna do that? | 你怎么弄啊 |
[16:26] | I’ll think of something. | 我会想出办法的 |
[16:28] | Meantime, I need you to get ahold | 同时 我需要你从鉴证科 |
[16:29] | of Timothy Carter’s personal effects from forensics. | 把提姆西·卡特的个人物品拿到手 |
[16:32] | How am I gonna do that? | 我怎么能弄到 |
[16:34] | You’ll think of something. | 你会想出办法的 |
[16:39] | Jane says the gun was in the newspaper. | 简说枪就在报纸里 |
[16:45] | There. | 停下 |
[16:45] | Looks like a waitress. | 好像是服务生 |
[16:46] | Can’t see if she takes anything. | 看不见她有没有拿东西 |
[16:50] | Security guard. | 然后是保安 |
[16:54] | And that’s the forensic tech. | 而后是法医 |
[16:58] | No gun. | 没有枪 |
[16:59] | So one of those three must have taken it– | 肯定是三人中的某人拿走了 |
[17:00] | Waitress, security guard, forensic tech. | 服务生 保安或者法医 |
[17:02] | Yeah, if there was a gun. | 如果确实有把枪的话 |
[17:25] | I love a good game of cards. What’s the buy-in? | 我也喜欢打牌 门槛是多少 |
[17:27] | Buy-in’s 100 grand, outside money. | 最少十万 用外面的钱 |
[17:29] | Excellent. I’m in. | 很好 算我一个 |
[17:31] | You got to have collateral, | 你得有抵押品 |
[17:32] | so we know you can cover your debts. | 确保你还得起债 |
[17:34] | Oh, no problem. I got all sorts of collateral. | 没问题 我有很多可抵押的 |
[17:36] | I have a vintage car collection worth 2.5 mil or thereabouts. | 我有辆老爷车价值大概两百五十万 |
[17:40] | How do we know that? | 我们凭什么相信 |
[17:42] | Well, what kind of fool would lie to folks like you | 在这种事情上 若是欺骗你们这种人 |
[17:44] | about somethin’ like that? | 岂不是活腻了 |
[17:46] | If you found out I was lying, | 如果你们发现我在撒谎 |
[17:48] | you’d kill me, right? | 我就死定了 不是吗 |
[17:50] | True. Take a seat. | 没错 坐吧 |
[17:52] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:58] | Yes, I was the first tech on scene. | 我是第一个到现场的法医 |
[17:59] | I already spoke to the detectives from Sac P.D. | 我已经跟你们警局的人说过了 |
[18:01] | Well, you know how it goes. | 不过你应该知道 |
[18:02] | There’s multiple investigations going on here. | 这个案子是多部门在调查 |
[18:04] | Oh, sure. But aren’t you guys suspended? | 知道 但你们不是被停职了吗 |
[18:07] | Technically, yeah, but we’re just talking here. | 的确如此 但我们只是在这里聊聊天 |
[18:09] | I’m not sure I should be… talking to you. | 我不确定该不该和你聊天 |
[18:12] | Why not? You have something to hide? | 为什么 你有什么隐情 |
[18:14] | No. What would I be hiding? | 没有 我有什么可隐瞒的 |
[18:17] | Look. | 听着 |
[18:19] | Someone took a cell phone and a gun from the crime scene. | 有人从犯罪现场拿走了一部手机和一把手枪 |
[18:21] | Not me. There was no gun, not that I saw. | 不是我 我没看见手枪 |
[18:25] | Wait. | 等等 |
[18:27] | Look me in the eye and tell me that. | 看着我的眼睛再说一遍 |
[18:29] | There was no gun. | 没 有 枪 |
[18:41] | 25. | 二十五个 |
[18:49] | Okay, well, I’m gonna see you, and then I will raise you… | 好吧 我要看你的牌 我还要加注 |
[19:00] | all in. | 全部下 |
[19:09] | You know, puss… | 小伙子… |
[19:13] | When you bluff, you have a real obvious tell. | 你虚张声势的时候 明显露出了马脚 |
[19:17] | When I reach to tug on my ear, but stop myself? That tell? | 你说的马脚 是制止自己拉耳朵吗 |
[19:20] | Yeah. | 对 |
[19:22] | Oh. Ohh, bam. Straight flush. He got you good. | 帅气 同花顺 你完败 |
[19:52] | Teresa Lisbon? | 特蕾莎·里斯本 |
[19:54] | Yes? | 是我 |
[19:57] | Phil says to tell your friend | 菲尔让你告诉你朋友 |
[19:59] | he doesn’t want to see him again. | 别再出现在他面前 |
[20:27] | So what did you do, honestly? | 老实说 你做了什么 |
[20:30] | He had a gun. | 他有枪 |
[20:32] | No, I mean, how did you raise the bail money? | 不 我是说 你怎么凑到保释金的 |
[20:34] | Oh, that. Uh, murder for hire. | 那个啊 有人雇我杀人 |
[20:37] | Killed a snitch. Stabbed him in the kidneys. | 杀了一个告密者 我刺进了他的肾 |
[20:39] | You did not. | 骗人 |
[20:40] | I did not. | 对 |
[20:42] | I won it in a card game, but I had you for a moment. | 我打牌赢的 但我还是唬了你一下 |
[20:46] | You really do fear for my sanity. | 你真的很担心我胡来啊 |
[20:48] | No. What do we do now? | 不 我们现在该怎么办 |
[20:50] | Well, first, eggs. Then we go see Sally Carter. | 先吃鸡蛋 然后我们去看萨利·卡特 |
[20:53] | Did you get her husband’s effects from forensics? | 你从法医那拿到她丈夫的遗物了吗 |
[20:55] | Yes. I had to lie through my teeth, | 拿到了 我只好撒谎骗人 |
[20:58] | call in all kinds of favors, and it was a bust. | 四处寻求帮助 结果竹篮打水一场空 |
[21:01] | Nothing useful. | 没用什么有用的东西 |
[21:02] | Watch, key, gum, wedding ring. | 手表 钥匙 口香糖 结婚戒指 |
[21:04] | Doesn’t matter. Gets us in the room with Sally Carter. | 没关系 我们可以去见萨利·卡特了 |
[21:07] | Somehow I don’t think she’s gonna want to talk to you. | 我觉得她不会和你说话的 |
[21:10] | Really? | 是吗 |
[21:11] | You killed her husband. | 你杀害了她的丈夫 |
[21:13] | Well, there you go. The ice is broken. | 你看 僵局就这样打开了 |
[21:15] | We have something to talk about. | 我们有话可聊了 |
[21:27] | No, he didn’t have a gun, not that I saw. | 不 他没有枪 我没有看到 |
[21:30] | Did you notice the newspaper that he was carrying? | 你看到他拿着的报纸了吗 |
[21:32] | No. I didn’t really see anything. | 没有 我什么也没看见 |
[21:35] | I was just trying to comfort him the best I could. | 我只是在努力安抚他 |
[21:37] | So he was still alive when you got to him. | 你见到他的时候 他还活着 |
[21:39] | – Yes. – Did he say anything? | -是的 -他说什么了吗 |
[21:41] | He said, “Give my love to Sally and Charlaine”” | 他说 “告诉萨利和夏莲 我爱她们” |
[21:45] | That’s all? | 就这些 |
[21:46] | Then he died. | 然后他就死了 |
[21:47] | I think, anyhow. He didn’t say anything else, | 总之 他没说别的什么 |
[21:50] | and the security guard was freaking out at me, | 保安却对我大吼大叫 |
[21:51] | so I left him. | 所以我离开了 |
[21:53] | Why was the guard freaking out? | 保安为什么抓狂 |
[21:55] | He was like, | 他就一直吼 |
[21:55] | “Get away from the body! Get away from the body! | “离尸体远点 离尸体远点 |
[21:57] | This is evidence! Don’t touch him!” | 这是证据 不准碰” |
[22:00] | He was kind of a jerk about it. | 他反应有点太激烈了 |
[22:01] | this guard– he was a youngish bald guy? | 这个保安 他是个年轻的秃顶男人 |
[22:04] | Yes, with crazy eyes. | 是的 眼神凶得很 |
[22:07] | yeah, Ron Deutsch. | 对 荣·多奇 |
[22:09] | He was supposed to be working today, but he didn’t show up. | 他今天应该来上班的 但是没来 |
[22:13] | I need his home address. | 能把他家住址告诉我吗 |
[22:30] | I have a bad feeling about this. | 我有不祥的预感 |
[22:31] | Well, you’ve been shot. You’re bound to have a gloomy outlook. | 你中过枪 情绪肯定比较低迷 |
[22:35] | Ignore your feelings. | 忽略你的感觉 |
[22:40] | I’m sorry, agents. This isn’t a good time. | 抱歉 探员们 现在不是时候 |
[22:42] | We’re having a small memorial party for Tim. | 我们在为提姆举办小型追悼会 |
[22:45] | We have his personal effects here. | 他有一些私人物件在我这里 |
[22:46] | Thank you. I can take those. | 谢谢 我可以签收 |
[22:48] | I’m sorry. Mrs. Carter has to sign for them in our presence. | 抱歉 卡特太太得亲自来签收 |
[22:51] | Shouldn’t take long. | 应该不会太久 |
[22:52] | I see. Uh, let’s go around to the kitchen door. | 明白了 我们去厨房那边 |
[22:57] | Okay, then. | 好的 |
[22:59] | Got to go. | 先挂了 |
[23:05] | Well, this is easy as pie. | 小菜一碟嘛 |
[23:06] | So far. | 目前为止 |
[23:08] | Pie. | 小菜 |
[23:13] | Oh. But you’re– | 是你… |
[23:14] | yes, I am. | 对 是我 |
[23:16] | Sally, you all right? | 萨利 你没事吧 |
[23:18] | This… | 这… |
[23:20] | This is Patrick Jane, the man who shot tim. | 这是派翠克·简 枪杀我丈夫的人 |
[23:24] | oh, my lord. | 我的天啊 |
[23:25] | Don’t be scared. I’m harmless, truly. | 别害怕 我不会伤害你 |
[23:28] | What do you want? | 干什么 |
[23:30] | I had to talk to you face-to-face, | 我得当面和你谈谈 |
[23:33] | So I’d know for sure. | 这样我才能确定 |
[23:37] | If your husband’s innocent, if I made a mistake, | 如果你丈夫是无辜的 如果是我的错 |
[23:39] | then I’m truly, deeply sorry, | 那我深感抱歉 |
[23:44] | And I swear to you, | 我向你发誓 |
[23:45] | I will spend the rest of my life earning your forgiveness. | 我会用尽一生 求取你的原谅 |
[23:55] | Mr. Jane… | 简先生 |
[23:58] | As god is my witness, | 上帝为证 |
[24:00] | my husband never broke the law in his life. | 我丈夫这辈子没有做过违法的事 |
[24:03] | You murdered a good man. | 你杀了一个好人 |
[24:15] | Do you have any tea? | 你有茶吗 |
[24:23] | Mr. Deutsch! | 多奇先生 |
[24:29] | Open it up. | 开门 |
[24:31] | You got a warrant? | 你有搜查证吗 |
[24:33] | We don’t need one. We just want a quick look around. | 不需要 我们就瞅一眼 |
[24:35] | Let me check with my boss. | 我得征求我老板的意见 |
[24:37] | Sir… | 先生 |
[24:38] | Won’t be long. | 不会太久的 |
[24:41] | You hear that? | 你听到没 |
[24:42] | What? | 什么 |
[24:43] | Sound of a struggle, coming from inside the apartment. | 从公寓传来的打斗声 |
[24:45] | Oh, yeah. I do. Someone might be in danger. | 听到了 有人有危险 |
[24:47] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[25:16] | hey. Security guard’s dead. Hair dryer in the bathtub. | 保安死了 浴缸里有电吹风 |
[25:20] | Could it be an accident? | 会不会是意外 |
[25:21] | Well, it could be. | 有可能 |
[25:22] | Except the dead guy’s bald, near enough, | 只是死者差不多算秃顶 |
[25:24] | So what would he use a hair dryer for? | 他用吹风机做什么呢 |
[25:26] | Looks like suicide or murder. | 应该是自杀或者谋杀 |
[25:28] | That’s good news. | 是个好消息 |
[25:30] | Not for MR.Deutsch, god rest him, | 不是说多奇先生 愿他安息 |
[25:32] | But supports Jane’s story. | 而是说这证实了简的推测 |
[25:35] | Someone must have arranged for deutsch to take the gun, | 一定有人安排多奇拿走了枪 |
[25:37] | Switch the phone, then killed him to keep him quiet. | 换掉电话 然后杀人灭口 |
[25:40] | Be sure that forensics search Deutsch’s apartment carefully. | 让现场人员仔细搜查多奇的公寓 |
[25:43] | It’s a long shot, | 这事有一段时间了 |
[25:44] | But we may get lucky and find the gun or the phone. | 但走运的话 可能会找到枪或者电话 |
[25:47] | It’s weird how much we had in common right from the start. | 奇怪的是 我们从一开始就有很多共同点 |
[25:51] | We just naturally made a couple. | 我们是天生一对 |
[25:53] | Soul mates. | 心心相印 |
[25:55] | Yes. Soul mates. | 是的 心心相印 |
[25:58] | jane. | 简 |
[25:59] | Excuse me, please, sally. | 恕我失陪一下 萨利 |
[26:03] | The first security guard on the scene | 枪响后 第一个到达现场的保安 |
[26:05] | After the shooting, is dead– hair-dryer-in-the-bathtub dead. | 已经死了 吹风机掉进浴缸那种 |
[26:09] | Well, that’s a relief. I mean… | 这倒松口气了 我是说 |
[26:11] | I know what you mean. | 我知道你什么意思 |
[26:13] | This woman is good. Starting to doubt my own story. | 这女人不错 我都开始怀疑是我的问题 |
[26:16] | Tell me about it. | 还用你说 |
[26:23] | Sally, would you mind if I used your bathroom? | 萨利 可以用一下你的浴室吗 |
[26:26] | – Not at all. – Thank you. | -请便 -谢谢 |
[26:51] | Thank you. That’s all we need. We’ll leave you in peace. | 谢谢 我们没事了 不打扰了 |
[26:54] | In just one moment. | 稍等一下 |
[26:58] | See, thing is, sally, I like you. | 是这样的 萨利 我喜欢你 |
[27:00] | I can tell that you’re a good, honest person, | 我看得出你是个正直的好人 |
[27:02] | which means either I’m crazy | 这就意味着 不是我疯了 |
[27:04] | Or your husband was keeping some very dark secrets from you, | 就是你丈夫对你隐藏了些不为人知的秘密 |
[27:07] | And I-I’m pretty sure I’m not crazy. | 但我 我非常确定自己没疯 |
[27:10] | My husband kept no secrets from me. None. | 我丈夫和我之间没有秘密 没有 |
[27:14] | All men keep secrets from their wives–all ofhem. | 所有男人跟妻子之间都有秘密 所有 |
[27:17] | Tim was no different. | 提姆也一样 |
[27:18] | You’re wrong. | 你错了 |
[27:19] | I bet I can prove I’m right. | 我想我掌握了证据 |
[27:22] | You recognize these? | 你认识这个吗 |
[27:23] | Yes, of course– tim’s key ring. | 当然 提姆的钥匙链 |
[27:25] | Do you have your own keys close by? | 你身边有自己的钥匙吗 |
[27:31] | How many keys do you have there? | 上边有多少钥匙 |
[27:33] | six. | 六把 |
[27:34] | You sure? | 你确定 |
[27:37] | Six keys. | 六把钥匙 |
[27:39] | Your husband has seven. | 你丈夫有七把 |
[27:42] | One, two, three, four, five, six, seven. | 一 二 三 四 五 六 七 |
[27:47] | What’s the seventh key for? | 第七把是做什么的 |
[27:50] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[27:50] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[27:51] | You don’t find that odd? | 你不觉得奇怪吗 |
[27:51] | You don’t find that odd? | 你不觉得奇怪吗 |
[27:54] | No. I’m sure lots of husbands and wives | 不 我认为很多夫妇 |
[27:54] | No. I’m sure lots of husbands and wives | 不 我认为很多夫妇 |
[27:56] | Have a different number of keys. | 都有不同数目的钥匙 |
[27:56] | Have a different number of keys. | 都有不同数目的钥匙 |
[27:58] | Exactly. That’s what I’m saying. | 没错 这就是我说的 |
[27:58] | Exactly. That’s what I’m saying. | 没错 这就是我说的 |
[28:00] | Everybody has secrets. | 每个人都有秘密 |
[28:00] | Everybody has secrets. | 每个人都有秘密 |
[28:02] | This is proof positive that your husband was no different. | 这就是你丈夫也一样的铁证 |
[28:02] | This is proof positive that your husband was no different. | 这就是你丈夫也一样的铁证 |
[28:07] | I wonder what it opens. | 不知它能开启什么 |
[28:07] | I wonder what it opens. | 不知它能开启什么 |
[28:10] | You think you’re so smart with these little mind games, | 你对自己的小诡计挺得意的 |
[28:10] | You think you’re so smart with these little mind games, | 你对自己的小诡计挺得意的 |
[28:12] | Don’t you? | 对吧 |
[28:12] | Don’t you? | 对吧 |
[28:13] | It’s just a question. | 我就是问问 |
[28:13] | It’s just a question. | 我就是问问 |
[28:14] | But the truth is… | 但事实上 |
[28:14] | But the truth is… | 但事实上 |
[28:17] | You are nothing but a sad, crazy person, and a murderer. | 你只是一个可悲的疯子和杀人犯 |
[28:17] | You are nothing but a sad, crazy person, and a murderer. | 你只是一个可悲的疯子和杀人犯 |
[28:21] | And I’m sorry, | 不好意思 |
[28:21] | And I’m sorry, | 不好意思 |
[28:22] | But I want you to leave my house right this minute. | 但我想让你立刻离开我家 |
[28:22] | But I want you to leave my house right this minute. | 但我想让你立刻离开我家 |
[28:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:40] | I don’t get what you thought was gonna happen. | 我不明白你刚才在设计什么 |
[28:40] | I don’t get what you thought was gonna happen. | 我不明白你刚才在设计什么 |
[28:42] | I was feeling my way. | 我只是跟着感觉走 |
[28:42] | I was feeling my way. | 我只是跟着感觉走 |
[28:45] | what now? | 那现在呢 |
[28:45] | what now? | 那现在呢 |
[28:46] | Well, just drive around the block. | 在街上转悠一下吧 |
[28:46] | Well, just drive around the block. | 在街上转悠一下吧 |
[28:48] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:48] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:49] | Why? | 为什么 |
[28:49] | Why? | 为什么 |
[28:51] | Question… | 提问 |
[28:51] | Question… | 提问 |
[28:53] | Do you trust me? | 你相信我吗 |
[28:53] | Do you trust me? | 你相信我吗 |
[28:56] | Not 100%, no. | 不是百分之百确信 |
[28:56] | Not 100%, no. | 不是百分之百确信 |
[28:59] | Different question, then. Oh. Could you stop right here? | 那换一个问题 在那里停一下 |
[28:59] | Different question, then. Oh. Could you stop right here? | 那换一个问题 在那里停一下 |
[29:09] | So, what’s the question. | 那问题是什么 |
[29:09] | So, what’s the question. | 那问题是什么 |
[29:12] | How’s your injury? | 你的伤势怎样 |
[29:12] | How’s your injury? | 你的伤势怎样 |
[29:13] | It hurts. | 有点疼 |
[29:13] | It hurts. | 有点疼 |
[29:14] | – You think you can run? – No. | -能跑吗 -不能 |
[29:14] | – You think you can run? – No. | -能跑吗 -不能 |
[29:17] | Yeah. Probably don’t want to get too excited. | 好吧 别太激动 |
[29:17] | Yeah. Probably don’t want to get | 好吧 别太激动 |
[29:19] | – You’ll pop your stitches. – What? | -伤口可能会开线 -什么 |
[29:21] | I’m gonna sneak back inside the carter house. | 我要溜回卡特的家里 |
[29:23] | I want you to stay here until I call you. | 你待在这里等我消息 |
[29:24] | Don’t you dare–Jane? | 你敢 简 |
[29:27] | Jane! | 简 |
[30:28] | Thank you for coming. Good night. | 谢谢你们的到来 晚安 |
[30:29] | good night. | 晚安 |
[30:32] | If you need me to stay over, keep you company… | 如果你想让我留下 陪着你 |
[30:34] | I can babysit Charlaine. | 我可以帮你照看夏莲 |
[30:36] | I’ll be fine. | 我没事的 |
[30:37] | Anything you need. | 有需要就说 |
[30:39] | Thank you, honey. You’ve been a rock. | 谢谢你 亲爱的 你一直支撑着我 |
[30:41] | – Call me, okay? – I will. | -给我打电话 -我会的 |
[32:35] | How many times do I have to say it? | 要我说多少次 |
[32:38] | Don’t look at me. | 别看着我 |
[32:44] | Don’t you ever look at me. | 不许再看着我 |
[33:04] | You know, don’t you? | 你知道 对吧 |
[33:09] | You know. | 你知道 |
[33:16] | what does this open? | 这个可以打开什么 |
[33:20] | Shh. Oh, debbi. | 戴比 |
[33:24] | Open your eyes. | 睁开眼 |
[33:26] | Look at it. | 看看 |
[33:30] | What does this open? | 这个可以打开什么 |
[33:34] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[33:36] | You lying slut! | 你个撒谎的贱人 |
[33:40] | You and tim have been keeping secrets from me all along, | 你和提姆一直有秘密瞒着我 |
[33:43] | Haven’t you? All along! | 对不对 一直以来 |
[33:45] | What does this open?! | 这个能打开什么 |
[33:49] | It opens my locker at the CBI gym. | 能打开我加调局健身房的衣柜 |
[33:54] | Good news is, your husband wasn’t hiding anything from you. | 好消息是 你丈夫没瞒你任何事 |
[33:57] | You really were soul mates. | 你俩确实心心相印 |
[34:00] | Bad news? | 坏消息 |
[34:02] | You’re under arrest, you loony bitch. | 你被捕了 疯婆子 |
[34:05] | Oh, my god. | 我的上帝 |
[34:07] | On your knees. Put your hands on your head. | 跪下 把手放到脑后 |
[34:15] | Listen, this girl in the basement changes the game. | 地下室那女孩改变了局势 |
[34:17] | We can’t appear vindictive. | 我们不能当恶人 |
[34:19] | Jane has an enormous amount of public sympathy right now. | 目前简博取了公众的无比同情 |
[34:23] | Yeah, well, the D.A. Is telling me to go full speed at him. | 好吧 检察官叫我加快速度处理 |
[34:25] | Vigilante justice can’t go unpunished, | 不管同情的呼声有多大 |
[34:27] | regardless what the sympathetic circumstances might be. | 证据不足也不能免受惩罚 |
[34:30] | Oh, no, absolutely. | 当然不能 |
[34:31] | A firm line drawn under this episode is best for the bureau. | 秉公执法是对部门最有利的 |
[34:34] | It was best for all concerned. I’m just saying… | 也是众望所归 我只是想说 |
[34:38] | no death penalty, right? | 死罪可免吧 |
[34:40] | No, that’s out now, | 对 死罪现在不提了 |
[34:41] | but we are confident first degree murder will stand up. | 但一级谋杀罪 我们还是很有信心 |
[34:44] | Facts don’t allow for any other verdict. | 一切全凭事实说话 |
[34:46] | After a while, I stopped trying to escape. | 后来我不再试图逃走 |
[34:52] | then I thought about killing myself. | 转而想到了自杀 |
[34:55] | But then I thought about my mom and dad and my brother, | 但想到我的父母还有弟弟 |
[34:57] | and I couldn’t do it. | 我就下不了手 |
[35:00] | I had to stay alive for them, | 我得为他们活着 |
[35:03] | so that kept a spark of hope alive inside me. | 这是我心里仅存的一点希望 |
[35:07] | And then, just when I was about to despair, | 就在我濒于绝望的时候 |
[35:10] | Mr. Jane and agent Lisbon came and rescued me. | 简先生和里斯本探员把我救了出来 |
[35:14] | You’re a brave girl, Debbi. | 你是个勇敢的女孩 戴比 |
[35:18] | Now that you’ve had time to look back calmly, | 现在请你冷静地回想一下 |
[35:21] | what is your opinion of Timothy Carter? | 你认为提姆西·卡特是怎么样的人 |
[35:24] | He’s a monster. | 他是个禽兽 |
[35:30] | Thank you. No further questions. | 谢谢 我问完了 |
[35:33] | Thank you, Mr. Jane. | 谢谢 简先生 |
[35:35] | Mr. Ardiles? | 阿迪勒斯先生 请讲 |
[35:45] | Debbi, just one question. | 戴比 我只有一个问题 |
[35:48] | Did Timothy Carter ever say to you that he was Red John? | 提姆西·卡特说过他是血腥约翰吗 |
[35:52] | No, sir. | 没有 先生 |
[35:53] | Did he ever mention the name Red John? | 他曾经提过血腥约翰这个名字吗 |
[35:56] | No, sir. | 没有 |
[35:58] | Did he ever mention any other crimes he might have committed? | 他提过他犯下过其他罪行吗 |
[36:01] | No, but I don’t see how that… | 没有 但是我不明白… |
[36:02] | Thank you so much, Debbi. | 非常感谢 戴比 |
[36:04] | You’ve been super helpful. | 你已经帮了大忙了 |
[36:06] | No further questions, your honor. | 我没有问题了 法官大人 |
[36:09] | Redirect, Mr. Jane? | 您还有问题吗 简先生 |
[36:12] | The witness may step down. Thank you, Debbi. | 证人可以下去了 谢谢你 戴比 |
[36:21] | Mr. Ardiles? | 阿迪勒斯先生 |
[36:26] | Now Mr. Jane is going to stand up here in a moment, | 一会儿简先生将会发言 |
[36:31] | and he’s going to tell you | 告诉大家 |
[36:33] | that Timothy Carter was Red John. | 提姆西·卡特就是血腥约翰 |
[36:38] | The fact is, he has no proof of that–none whatsoever. | 但事实是 他没有任何证据能够证明 |
[36:42] | Now was, uh, was Tim Carter a nice man? | 提姆·卡特是个好人吗 |
[36:44] | No. | 不是 |
[36:46] | Obviously not. | 显然不是 |
[36:48] | But was he a serial killer? | 但他会是一个连环杀手吗 |
[36:50] | Do we have any proof that he ever killed anyone? | 我们有证据可以证明他 |
[36:53] | Anyone at all? | 曾对任何人下过毒手吗 |
[36:55] | No. We don’t. | 没有 |
[36:56] | The only murder that we know of, | 据今所知的唯一一起谋杀 |
[36:57] | the only murder that is an attested fact, | 发生在众目睽睽之下 |
[36:59] | is the murder committed by this man here, Patrick Jane– | 就出自这位派翠克·简先生之手 |
[37:03] | A murder committed out of misguided lust for personal vengeance. | 是他被一己私仇冲昏头脑 痛下杀手 |
[37:12] | Prosecutor says that Timothy Carter wasn’t Red John. | 公诉人认为提姆西·卡特不是血腥约翰 |
[37:15] | Well, Carter told me himself that he was Red John, | 而卡特亲口告诉我 他正是血腥约翰 |
[37:19] | but I-I can’t prove that. | 可我没有办法证明 |
[37:22] | The forensic evidence is inconclusive. | 呈堂证供并无说服力 |
[37:27] | His wife refuses to talk to anyone, | 他的妻子也拒绝与任何人谈话 |
[37:29] | refuses to speak at all, so she’s no use to us. | 彻底缄口不言 她对我们已是无用 |
[37:34] | What about Carter’s records? | 那卡特的档案呢 |
[37:36] | Surely there must be some clues there–No. | 应该能够找到一些线索 但是没有 |
[37:41] | On paper, | 从档案上看 |
[37:43] | this man seems to appear out of nowhere five years ago. | 他是五年前凭空出现的 |
[37:48] | Before that, nothing. | 在那之前 无迹可寻 |
[37:50] | Why? | 为什么呢 |
[37:53] | Because Timothy Carter | 因为提姆西·卡特 |
[37:56] | is an invented identity, a mask. | 只是捏造的一个身份 一张面具 |
[38:01] | I’m not guilty of killing Timothy Carter, | 我并不因为杀害提姆西·卡特而感到愧疚 |
[38:04] | because Timothy Carter never existed. | 因为提姆西·卡特从未存在过 |
[38:08] | There is no Timothy Carter. There is only Red John. | 世上没有提姆西·卡特 只有血腥约翰 |
[38:15] | Red John… | 血腥约翰 |
[38:18] | started killing people 12 years ago. | 十二年前开始杀人 |
[38:22] | It’s hard to put an exact number on how many people he’s killed, | 他究竟杀过多少人 无从算起 |
[38:26] | but it’s somewhere around 28– | 粗略估计有28人左右 |
[38:30] | Nearly all women, late at night, | 几乎都是女人 深夜时分 |
[38:32] | in their homes. He wakes them first, | 潜入家中 先把她们叫醒 |
[38:36] | Because he likes to see the fear in their eyes. | 因为他喜欢看着她们眼中的恐惧 |
[38:40] | He likes to hear them beg for mercy | 他喜欢一边听着她们的哀求 |
[38:43] | as he cuts them open. | 一边将其开膛破肚 |
[38:47] | He did that to my wife and daughter… | 正如他对待我的妻子和女儿 |
[38:51] | And I’ve been looking for him ever since… | 从此我开始寻找他 |
[38:55] | looking for personal vengeance. | 寻找报仇的机会 |
[39:00] | I believe that’s… my right. | 我相信这是我的权利 |
[39:05] | have the right to kill the man that killed my family. | 我有权杀掉杀害我全家的人 |
[39:09] | I don’t say I shouldn’t be punished for doing what I did. | 我这么做虽然无法逃避法律的制裁 |
[39:12] | I feel I had no choice. | 但我别无选择 |
[39:24] | What would you do? | 换做是你们呢 |
[39:42] | any news? | 进展如何 |
[39:44] | The jury’s out. | 陪审团出去商议了 |
[39:46] | How’s it looking? | 看起来怎么样 |
[39:48] | Maybe if we’re lucky, he’ll give him second-degree murder. | 运气好的话 可能判他二级谋杀 |
[39:53] | Jane will be out of prison in three or four years. | 有期徒刑三到四年 |
[39:56] | Jury’s back to session. | 陪审团讨论完毕 开庭 |
[39:57] | The jury’s back already. That can’t be good. | 陪审团这么快就回来了 这可没好事 |
[40:03] | Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, | 陪审团的女士们和先生们 |
[40:04] | have you reached a unanimous verdict? | 你们得出一致裁决了吗 |
[40:06] | We have, your honor. | 是的 法官大人 |
[40:11] | Please state your verdict for the courtroom. | 请宣布你们的决定 |
[40:21] | We, the jury, find the defendant, Patrick Jane… | 陪审团认为被告人派翠克·简 |
[40:28] | Not guilty, on all counts. | 各项罪名均不成立 |
[40:39] | Quiet! | 肃静 |
[41:17] | So… What now? | 接下来怎么打算 |
[41:20] | Now? | 现在吗 |
[41:22] | Well, tea would hit the spot. | 喝杯茶去吧 |
[41:25] | No. I mean, what now? | 不 我是说以后 |
[41:28] | Well, you’ve done what you set out to do. | 你已经完成了最初的计划 |
[41:31] | You got your vengeance. | 报仇雪恨 |
[41:33] | Do you feel different? Feel better? | 感觉有什么不同吗 复仇的感觉好吗 |
[41:37] | No. I feel guilty. | 不 我觉得很愧疚 |
[41:39] | Guilty? Why? | 愧疚 为什么 |
[41:40] | For deceiving the jury. I mean, I had no choice. | 我欺骗了陪审团 我无从选择 |
[41:43] | Going to prison for murder | 因为谋杀罪入狱 |
[41:44] | would have been a victory for Red John. | 意味着血腥约翰的胜利 |
[41:47] | What do you mean? Red John’s dead. | 你什么意思 血腥约翰已经死了 |
[41:50] | Timothy Carter’s dead. | 死的是提姆西·卡特 |
[41:52] | He was an evil man, but he wasn’t Red John. | 他确实是个坏人 但他不是血腥约翰 |
[41:54] | Red John… | 血腥约翰 |
[41:56] | is still alive. | 他还活着 |
[41:59] | Watch the road. | 看着点路 |
[42:09] | Stay tuned for our next episode. | 不要走开 下集更精彩 |