时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:05] | Hey, it could do with a little, uh, | 院子有点需要 |
[00:07] | yard maintenance, don’t you think? | 打理一下了 你不觉得吗 |
[00:09] | How does one person live in a house this big? | 一个人怎么会住这么大的房子 |
[00:12] | Uh, let me see. By being very rich. | 我想想 因为家财万贯 |
[00:14] | That’s not what I meant. | 我不是这个意思 |
[00:15] | Ah, you mean morally. Well, we’ve been called in, | 你是指道德上来说啊 我们接警过来 |
[00:19] | so it’s likely that whoever lived here | 似乎说明了不管房子主人是谁 |
[00:21] | paid a hefty price in the end. | 最终都付出了惨痛的代价 |
[00:27] | There is something off here. | 这里缺了点什么 |
[00:29] | This place gives me the creeps. | 这地方让我毛骨悚然 |
[00:32] | Normally, I’d be tempted to mock your superstition, | 通常我会忍不住嘲笑你迷信 |
[00:34] | but in this case, I’m inclined to agree. | 可这次 我同意你的说法 |
[00:38] | Ladies first. | 女士优先 |
[00:48] | Boss, this is Reggie Brooks from private security. | 头儿 这位是私人保安公司的雷吉·布鲁克斯 |
[00:51] | Found the body, called it in. | 是他发现的尸体 报的警 |
[00:53] | Hi. I’m Agent Lisbon with the CBI. | 我是加调局的里斯本探员 |
[00:55] | This is Patrick Jane. | 这位是派崔克·简 |
[00:57] | Hi. How you doing? | 你好 |
[00:59] | Is this gonna take long? | 会耽误很久吗 |
[01:00] | I’d really like to get out of here. | 我真想赶紧离开这里 |
[01:02] | Why don’t you just walk us through | 给我们讲讲 |
[01:04] | what happened this morning? | 今早发生的事吧 |
[01:05] | Well, I was, uh, doing my rounds of the neighborhood | 我今早和往常一样 |
[01:08] | this morning, as always, | 在这里巡逻 |
[01:10] | when I got a call that said, uh, | 当时接到一通电话 对方说 |
[01:12] | Ms. Vogelsong’s doctor wasn’t getting an answer | 沃格松女士的医生给她打电话时 |
[01:14] | when he tried to call her and asked me to follow up. | 没人应答 让我去看看她的情况 |
[01:16] | Uh, do you know the name of the doctor? | 知道医生的名字吗 |
[01:19] | No, I don’t. Uh, you can call dispatch. | 不知道 你可以打去调度中心问问 |
[01:21] | Okay. So the doctor told you to go and check on her. | 好 医生叫你来查看她的情况 |
[01:27] | I, uh, I noticed the smell right away. | 我立刻闻到了臭味 |
[01:31] | And I, uh, followed it to the library, | 于是一路找到了图书室 |
[01:35] | and… that’s when I called it in. | 我就是那时报的警 |
[01:39] | The final remains of Elise Vogelsong, | 伊莉丝·沃格松的残骸 |
[01:41] | Sacramento’s tragic heiress. | 萨克拉门托的悲剧继承人 |
[01:43] | You know the story, right? | 你知道她的故事吧 |
[01:45] | You know, orphan at 12, widow at 18. | 12岁父母双亡 18岁丧偶 |
[01:47] | Divorced 5 times before she turned 40. | 40岁前离异五次 |
[01:50] | My mother ate that stuff up when I was a kid. | 我母亲在我小时候就给我说这段故事了 |
[01:52] | Never heard of her. | 没听说过她 |
[01:53] | Check out this place. What a creep show. | 看看这地方 简直就是恐怖片 |
[01:56] | And, uh, look at this body. | 看看这具尸体 |
[01:57] | I mean, it’s reduced entirely to ash. | 完全烧为灰烬了 |
[01:59] | You know, there’ve been a handful of cases I’ve read about. | 我是读过几宗类似案件的卷宗 |
[02:00] | I’ve never actually seen it. | 可从没亲眼见过 |
[02:02] | Spontaneous combustion, they like to call it. | 人们都管这叫自燃 |
[02:04] | It’s in a book somewhere. | 有本书写到过 |
[02:05] | “Bleak house.” Dickens. | 狄更斯的《荒凉山庄》 |
[02:07] | Yeah, Mr. Krook, the rag and bone man, | 对 库鲁克先生 一个落魄商人 |
[02:09] | burst into flames in his parlor. | 在客厅自燃而死 |
[02:11] | – It’s not believable. – I didn’t buy it, either. | -难以置信 -我也不相信 |
[02:13] | Oh, um, it’s… it’s a misnomer. | 哦 不对 用词错误 |
[02:16] | You know, it’s not actually spontaneous combustion at all. | 这完全不是自燃 |
[02:19] | Uh, it almost always happens with a heavy drinker and a smoker. | 这一般都发生在醉酒者或吸烟者身上 |
[02:22] | They pass out with a cigarette in their hand, | 手里点的烟导致他们身亡 |
[02:24] | ember falls onto clothing, starts to burn, | 烟灰掉到衣物上 开始燃烧 |
[02:26] | and smoldering cloth acts like a wick, | 闷烧的衣物就像是灯芯 |
[02:28] | and it turns the victim into a human candle, | 死者继而变成了人体蜡烛 |
[02:31] | with the body’s subcutaneous fat deposits | 身体的皮下脂肪沉着体 |
[02:33] | as a perfect form of tallow. | 就完全充当了牛油的成分 |
[02:35] | A human candle? | 人体蜡烛 |
[02:37] | Isn’t that awful? | 是不是很惨 |
[02:39] | Yeah, what’s produced is a slow and all-consuming burn, | 对 因为是缓慢而彻底的燃烧 |
[02:41] | So in the end, there’s nothing left but ash. | 所以最终只剩下灰烬 |
[02:44] | So this could be an accidental death? | 这可能是意外死亡吗 |
[02:45] | Yeah. Very likely. | 对 很有可能 |
[02:47] | Uh, you notice how weird the light is? | 你注意到灯光有多怪异了吗 |
[02:49] | Kind of waxy and brown? | 有点苍白的棕色 |
[02:51] | That’s because human fat is congealed | 那是因为人体脂肪都凝固在 |
[02:53] | on all the light bulbs. I mean– | 所有的灯泡上了 我是说… |
[02:55] | All right. Don’t say another word, please, okay? | 好了 别再说话了 好吗 |
[02:58] | Uh, this was murder, | 这是一宗谋杀案 |
[03:00] | which is ironic, considering Ms. Vogelsong’s appreciation | 就沃格松女士对神秘谋杀的喜爱看来 |
[03:03] | and love of murder mysteries. | 这一切颇具讽刺意味 |
[03:05] | – Murder? – Yes. | -谋杀 -对 |
[03:07] | There’s globules of glass in the fireplace, | 壁炉里有很多玻璃珠 |
[03:10] | and, uh, this scotch was opened very recently. | 这杯酒也才打开没多久 |
[03:13] | And that’s a lot of scotch for one woman. | 一个女人喝不了那么多 |
[03:14] | There were at some point four glasses right here, | 之前这里有四个酒杯 |
[03:17] | but now there are only three in the room. | 可现在屋里只剩三个了 |
[03:18] | Where is the fourth glass? | 第四个去哪里了 |
[03:20] | So two people are sitting down, | 所以说 有两个人坐在这里 |
[03:21] | relaxing, having a drink, | 轻松地喝着酒 |
[03:22] | now one of them is dead. | 现在其中一个死了 |
[03:23] | The other one tried to conceal his or her presence | 另一个把第四个酒杯扔到壁炉里 |
[03:26] | by throwing the fourth glass into the fireplace. Murder. | 试图隐瞒自己在场 这是谋杀 |
[03:29] | Oh, you think? Who’s the other person, huh? | 是吗 谁是那另一个人 |
[03:31] | Why’d they kill her? | 杀人动机呢 |
[03:33] | Well, you know, if you hadn’t mentioned | 如果你没提到 |
[03:34] | the congealed human fat in the light bulbs, | 灯泡上凝固的人类脂肪 |
[03:38] | I may have had the stomach to stick around and find out, | 我可能还有胃口调查出个究竟 |
[03:40] | But I-I… | 可我… |
[03:41] | You’re a ghoul. | 你真倒胃口 |
[04:12] | Oh, thanks. | 谢了 |
[04:20] | You know, my mom kept a scrapbook of Elise Vogelsong. | 我妈有一本伊莉丝·沃格松的剪贴本 |
[04:25] | You’d have thought she was family, | 从我妈谈论她的口气来看 |
[04:26] | the way she talked about her. | 你会以为她是我妈妈的亲人 |
[04:28] | 美国悲剧继承人 结婚六个月后丧偶 | |
[04:30] | Your mom like that? | 你妈喜欢这类新闻吗 |
[04:32] | Nope. | 不喜欢 |
[04:33] | I think for mom, it was a way | 我想对于我妈而言 |
[04:35] | of feeling better about things with my dad, you know? | 这种新闻能让她在想到我爸的时候好受些 |
[04:37] | No matter how bad things got between them, | 不管他们之间出了什么问题 |
[04:40] | it was always worse for Elise Vogelsong. | 总好过伊莉丝·沃格松的遭遇 |
[04:43] | I think that was it, anyway. | 我认为事实就是这样 |
[04:45] | Have we got a name yet, for the doctor who called? | 查到那个来电医生的名字了吗 |
[04:48] | Dispatcher didn’t write it down. | 调度中心没做记录 |
[04:50] | He doesn’t even know if he got it or not. | 他甚至都不确定 他是否接到了电话 |
[04:52] | Now this says someone poured accelerant on Ms. Vogelsong | 这个东西说明有人往沃格松女士身上倒了催化剂 |
[04:54] | and lit a match, right? | 还点燃了火柴 对吗 |
[04:55] | Right. Best arson teams in the world | 对 智者千虑 |
[04:57] | would have missed it 99 times out of 100. | 必有一失 |
[04:59] | If Jane hadn’t been so sure, I’d have missed it, too. | 要不是简那么肯定 我可能也漏了 |
[05:01] | Spectrometer says traces of ethyl alcohol and methanol. | 光谱仪显示有乙醇和甲醇的痕迹 |
[05:04] | I’m guessing sterno as an accelerant. | 我推测固体酒精就是催化剂 |
[05:05] | Wouldn’t take much. | 用不了很多 |
[05:07] | That’s nice work. | 干得好 |
[05:08] | Yeah, next of kin didn’t seem to believe it, though. | 对 不过死者的直系亲属可不信 |
[05:11] | Give it time. Lisbon and Jane will convince them. | 再等等 里斯本和简会说服他们 |
[05:14] | Can you think of anybody who may have wanted to harm your aunt? | 你们能想到谁会想伤害你们的姑妈吗 |
[05:18] | She was an old lady | 她这个老人家 |
[05:20] | who devoted herself to charity and helping veterans. | 致力于慈善事业和帮助老兵 |
[05:22] | Who’d want to hurt her? | 谁会想伤害她 |
[05:24] | She was losing her mind at the end. | 她最后失去理智了 |
[05:26] | Have you taken that into account? | 你们考虑过吗 |
[05:28] | Losing her mind how? | 怎么失去理智了 |
[05:32] | All right, you know what my aunt endured in her life? | 你们知道她一生中所经受的那些事吗 |
[05:35] | The scandals, the tragedies? | 那些丑闻 那些悲剧 |
[05:37] | Yes. I’m sorry. | 是的 很遗憾 |
[05:39] | Well, she was a strong woman, despite it all, | 尽管经历了种种不幸 但她还是很坚强 |
[05:41] | until about two years ago. | 直到两年前 |
[05:43] | And what happened? | 出了什么事 |
[05:44] | She stopped wanting to leave the house, | 她不想再离开那所房子 |
[05:46] | started getting paranoid, | 开始胡思联想 |
[05:48] | thought people were out to get her. | 以为大家想伤害她 |
[05:49] | Were they? | 谁想抓她 |
[05:50] | No. Not at all. It was all in her head. | 没人 压根没人 是她凭空想象的 |
[05:54] | She fired all her servants | 她辞掉了所有仆人 |
[05:55] | and was living in that big old pile by herself. | 然后独自住在那栋老宅里 |
[05:58] | Look, the police said | 听着 警察说 |
[05:59] | that there was nothing stolen from the house. | 房子里没有东西失窃 |
[06:01] | There are no signs of robbery. | 也没有抢劫的迹象 |
[06:02] | Someone commits a murder in a house like that | 会有人在房子里杀人 |
[06:04] | and doesn’t take anything? No money, no jewels? | 然后不偷不抢吗 钱和珠宝都没拿 |
[06:07] | No expensive works of art? | 也没拿走名贵艺术品 |
[06:09] | It doesn’t make any sense, does it? | 根本解释不通 是吧 |
[06:10] | Well, not yet. | 现在还没法解释 |
[06:12] | It’s an ongoing investigation. | 这桩案子正在调查之中 |
[06:15] | Yeah, it’s ongoing. | 是的 在调查之中 |
[06:16] | Uh, could you provide us with your aunt’s doctor’s name? | 能提供你们姑妈的医生的姓名吗 |
[06:18] | The one who called the security guard? | 就是打电话给保安的那位 |
[06:20] | I didn’t know her doctor. I’m sorry. | 我不认识她的医生 抱歉 |
[06:22] | As I said, my aunt had become withdrawn in recent years. | 我说了 我姑妈最近几年变得很孤僻 |
[06:25] | I didn’t communicate with her much. | 我不常和她联系 |
[06:26] | -You had a falling out? – No. | -你们吵翻了 -没 |
[06:28] | As her mind went, she became difficult. | 只是她变的越来越糊涂 也越来越难相处 |
[06:31] | I admit I distanced myself. | 我承认 我保持了距离 |
[06:32] | I preferred to remember her as she was. | 我更希望我脑海中的她是以前的样子 |
[06:34] | Okay. So before that, you–you were close? | 好 那么在那之前 你们走的挺近 |
[06:37] | Well, some of my fondest memories from childhood | 我童年时代最快乐的回忆就是 |
[06:39] | were sailing with my aunt Elise on the”Songbird.” | 和我姑妈伊莉丝坐着”夜莺号”泛舟 |
[06:41] | Your aunt liked sailboats? | 你姨妈喜欢帆船 |
[06:45] | Well, aside from the family’s charitable foundations, | 除了家族慈善基金会之外 |
[06:47] | it was her greatest joy. | 这是她最大的乐趣 |
[06:48] | I don’t think a week went by that she wasn’t out on the water. | 一周不划船她都受不了 |
[06:50] | Even at her age? Was that safe? | 就算如此高龄 这样安全吗 |
[06:52] | There was a girl that went with her | 有个在码头的姑娘 |
[06:54] | down at the marina. | 会和她一起去 |
[06:57] | 夜莺号 玻底加湾 加利福尼亚 | |
[07:07] | Cayce Robbins? | 凯西·罗宾斯 |
[07:12] | That’s right. | 没错 是我 |
[07:15] | I’m Agent Lisbon with the CBI. | 我是加调局的里斯本探员 |
[07:17] | This is my associate, Patrick Jane. | 这是我的同事 派翠克·简 |
[07:19] | We spoke on the phone. | 我们之前通过电话 |
[07:20] | Oh, about Elise. | 对 关于伊莉丝 |
[07:23] | You going somewhere? | 你要去哪里吗 |
[07:25] | Yeah, Elise always said she wanted her ashes | 伊莉丝总是说 她希望她的骨灰 |
[07:27] | scattered out at sea, out of sight of land. | 能撒入大海 远离陆地 |
[07:30] | So I figured it’s my duty to make that happen. | 所以我想 我有义务实现她的愿望 |
[07:32] | I’m just waiting to get the ashes. | 我现在在等她的骨灰 |
[07:34] | That’s gonna have to wait until after our investigation. | 这件事得推迟到我们的调查结束之后了 |
[07:36] | I’m sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[07:37] | It’s awful to think what happened to her. | 在她身上发生的一切 不忍回想 |
[07:39] | Can you think of anybody who may have wanted to kill her? | 你知道有谁可能会杀她吗 |
[07:42] | Uh, I-I can’t, but I only sailed with her. | 我不知道 我只和她一起划船 |
[07:45] | I don’t know much about her life on land. | 我并不太了解她在陆地上的生活 |
[07:47] | What about her mental state? | 她的精神状况你了解吗 |
[07:48] | In the last few years, | 在过去的几年里 |
[07:49] | you see any signs of senility? | 你有看到任何她衰老的迹象吗 |
[07:51] | Elise? No, she was sharper than most people my age. | 伊莉丝 没有 她比我这个年纪的很多人都敏锐 |
[07:55] | I didn’t like all the pills she was taking, though. | 不过 我不是很喜欢她吃的那些药 |
[07:58] | Doctors prescribe too many pills these days, I think. | 我想 现在的医生开的药都太多了 |
[08:00] | What were the pills she was taking? | 她都吃了哪些药 |
[08:02] | Or–or better still, | 如果你知道 |
[08:03] | you know the name of the doctor that prescribed them? | 开药医生的名字 那就更好了 |
[08:06] | You know, there’s some in the cabin. I can go get ’em. | 还有一些药就在船舱里 我可以拿给你们 |
[08:09] | Thank you. Very helpful. | 谢谢 非常有帮助 |
[08:17] | Seems like a civilized way to travel, don’t you think? | 看起来是种很文明的旅行方式 你不觉得吗 |
[08:19] | Are you kidding? | 开什么玩笑 |
[08:20] | Stuck on that thing in the middle of the ocean? | 在汪洋大海之上 被困在那个东西里 |
[08:22] | It’s like being in a prison cell with a chance of drowning. | 那就像是待在一个会溺水身亡的监狱囚室里 |
[08:34] | There you go. Hope that helps. | 给你们 希望有用 |
[08:36] | “Dr. Reinhardt.” | 莱因哈特医生 |
[08:38] | – Yeah, thank you. – It does. Thank you. | -谢谢 -非常有用 谢谢 |
[08:50] | Right this way, Agent Lisbon. | 这边请 里斯本探员 |
[08:55] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[08:56] | Uh, I was just about to learn how to drive her wild. | 我刚才在学”如何让她狂野起来” |
[09:00] | Five easy steps. | 轻松五步 |
[09:03] | I’ve been Elise Vogelsong’s personal physician | 我做伊莉丝·沃格松的私人医生 |
[09:05] | for almost two years. I felt a particular concern. | 有两年了 我之前特别担忧她的状况 |
[09:08] | She was in the early stages of dementia. | 她当时正处于痴呆的早期阶段 |
[09:10] | Why would you say that? | 为什么这么说 |
[09:12] | Anyone who spent any time with Elise Vogelsong | 任何和伊莉丝·沃格松待在一起的人 |
[09:14] | would recognize the symptoms. | 都能发现她痴呆的症状 |
[09:15] | As a doctor, it was obvious. | 做为医生 我看的更清楚 |
[09:17] | What kind of symptoms? | 什么样的症状 |
[09:19] | Well, the onset of dementia can manifest in various ways. | 痴呆有很多种明显的症状 |
[09:22] | In her case, it took the form of an intense persecution mania. | 而她的症状则是强烈的被害妄想症 |
[09:26] | I was not comfortable with her living alone, | 我不太希望她独自居住 |
[09:27] | but… Elise Vogelsong was a very… | 但伊莉丝·沃格松是个非常 |
[09:31] | strong-willed woman. | 固执的女人 |
[09:33] | Is that why you were so quick to send the security company | 所以你才会立刻让保安公司派人 |
[09:36] | to go and check on her? | 去查看她的情况吗 |
[09:37] | Well, I’d spoken to Elise the evening before, | 前一晚 我曾和伊莉丝说过话 |
[09:39] | So when I couldn’t get a reply the next morning, | 所以当我第二天早上得不到回复的时候 |
[09:41] | I became concerned. | 我很担心 |
[09:43] | I worried she’d fallen and hurt herself. | 我担心她会摔倒伤了自己 |
[09:46] | The idea that she’d been brutally murdered– | 但是她竟会被残忍的谋杀 |
[09:48] | It’s beyond all comprehension. | 我实在是无法理解 |
[09:51] | Well, better than the discovery | 总比发现她的死 |
[09:52] | that her death was related to your care. | 和你的关心有关要好 |
[09:56] | That must have been a relief. | 那种想法一定让你如释重负吧 |
[09:58] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[10:00] | Well, your primary emotion as you talk right now | 你现在谈论伊莉丝·沃格松的时候 |
[10:02] | about Elise Vogelsong is that of relief. | 给人的主要感觉就是”如释重负” |
[10:05] | Why is that? | 为什么呢 |
[10:08] | Where do you… get this idea? | 你怎么…会有这种想法 |
[10:11] | Is this an effective method of investigation, | 这是一种有效的调查手段吗 |
[10:14] | making things up? | 靠编故事 |
[10:15] | Or do you consider evidence as well? | 你们还讲证据吗 |
[10:20] | Somebody told us they thought | 有人告诉我们 他们认为 |
[10:21] | you were prescribing Elise way too many drugs. | 你给伊莉丝开了过多的药 |
[10:31] | This… is a mild sleep aid. | 这是温和的助眠药 |
[10:34] | I was attempting to regulate Elise Vogelsong’s sleep cycles. | 我当时是想调节伊莉丝·沃格松的睡眠周期 |
[10:38] | Balanced sleep cycles are a bulwark against dementia. | 平衡的睡眠周期是对抗痴呆的有力屏障 |
[10:40] | This is widely known. | 这点世人皆知 |
[10:42] | Now I understand you must pursue all avenues of inquiry, | 我理解你们需要调查每一条线索 |
[10:45] | but embracing the medical theories of laypersons… | 但这外行的医学理论 |
[10:49] | does not seem productive. | 实在是不敢恭维啊 |
[10:51] | Did you approve of Elise Vogelsong sailing? | 你是否赞同伊莉丝·沃格松划船 |
[10:54] | I did not. Not at her age and her condition. | 我不同意 就她的年龄和身体状况来说 |
[10:57] | But as I said, she was a willful woman. | 但就像我说的 她是个固执的女人 |
[11:02] | You didn’t think it was good for her to get out of the house? | 你不认为走出家门对她来说是件好事 |
[11:04] | Of course I did, but not by going out to sea | 我当然赞同 但那也不意味着要出海划船 |
[11:06] | or spending time with mentally unstable war veterans. | 或是和精神状态不稳定的老兵们在一起 |
[11:09] | That was her charity work? | 那是她慈善事业的一部分吗 |
[11:11] | The Vogelsong Soldiers’ home. | 沃格松退伍军人收容所 |
[11:14] | I told her it was dangerous, but… | 我和她说了这很危险 但… |
[11:19] | Curtis and Alex Wiley. Both artists. | 柯蒂斯和阿历克斯·威利 都是艺术家 |
[11:23] | They own the california impressionist gallery. | 他们有一家加州印象派画廊 |
[11:27] | Successful? | 开的成功吗 |
[11:27] | More enthusiastic than talented from what I could gather. | 在我看来 空有激情没啥才能 |
[11:30] | They’re well-liked in the community. | 他们在社区里还比较受欢迎 |
[11:31] | So family money keeps the business running? | 是家里的钱让他们的生意得以维持吗 |
[11:34] | Any trouble with the police? | 有没有案底呢 |
[11:35] | None. | 都没有 |
[11:37] | That’s Cayce Robbins, 28. | 凯西·罗宾斯 28岁 |
[11:39] | Originally from New London, Connecticut. | 来自康涅狄克的新伦敦 |
[11:40] | Been working on or around boats at the bodega bay marina | 过去六年 她在玻底加湾码头的 |
[11:43] | for the last six years. | 往来船只上做事 |
[11:44] | And the only thing in her file is some unpaid parking tickets. | 她的档案里只有一些没有付的停车罚单 |
[11:47] | What about the doctor? | 那个医生呢 |
[11:48] | Dr. Lance Reinhardt. | 兰斯·莱因哈特医生 |
[11:50] | Born in D.C., educated in the U.S. And Europe. | 出生在哥伦比亚特区 在美国和欧洲接受的教育 |
[11:52] | Impressive list of honorary degrees | 获得了一堆让人印象深刻的 |
[11:53] | from prestigious universities across the globe. | 全球知名大学的名誉学位 |
[11:56] | Moved to California about five years ago. | 5年前 搬到加州 |
[11:57] | Clean record in the state. | 在加州没有案底 |
[11:59] | See what else you can find out about Reinhardt. | 看看还能不能查到其他有关莱因克特的东西 |
[12:00] | See what he was doing before he moved to California | 看看他在搬到加州来之前 都做过什么 |
[12:03] | and keep me posted. | 随时保持联系 |
[12:04] | I’m gonna go talk to the guy | 我去和那个经营 |
[12:05] | who runs the Vogelsong Soldiers’ home. | 沃格松退伍军人收容所的人谈谈 |
[12:11] | Elise Vogelsong was a wonderful, wonderful woman. | 伊莉丝·沃格松是个很好 很好的女人 |
[12:14] | We’ve been praying for her | 我们都在为她祈祷 |
[12:15] | and for whoever it was that | 以及那个犯下 |
[12:16] | committed the horrible act. | 如此罪行的凶手 |
[12:19] | This place looks like it has an interesting history. | 这个地方看起来有着一段很有意思的历史 |
[12:21] | The Vogelsong fortune was made by Elise’s grandfather Ernst | 沃格松基金会是由伊莉丝的祖父恩斯特 |
[12:23] | during the world wars. Munitions. | 在二战期间创办 他是做军火的 |
[12:26] | This foundation was created to ease his conscience? | 他设立基金会是为了让他的良心好受些吗 |
[12:29] | Yes. | 是的 |
[12:30] | And God bless him if it did. | 希望上帝保佑他 |
[12:32] | Elise says it gave a purpose to her life, | 伊莉丝说 基金会让她的生活有了目标 |
[12:34] | a purpose that was missing for many of her relations. | 一个她的亲人们早已失去的目标 |
[12:36] | Please, follow me. | 这边请 跟我来 |
[12:46] | Chaplain Griffin, | 格里芬牧师 |
[12:47] | do you know anybody who may have wanted to do her harm | 你知不知道有谁会想伤害她 |
[12:50] | or had a grudge against her? | 或是对她怀恨在心 |
[12:51] | Here? No. | 这里 没人 |
[12:52] | As I say, she was a lifesaver. | 正如我所说 她是个救星 |
[12:53] | Last year, the–the heating unit in the building went kaput, | 去年这栋楼里的暖气片坏了 |
[12:55] | She replaced the entire thing, no questions asked. | 她二话不说就把整套取暖设备都换了 |
[12:58] | How was Elise Vogelsong’s relationship with the veterans? | 伊莉丝·沃格松和老兵们的关系如何 |
[13:00] | Oh, she was generous with her time as well as her money. | 她不仅花钱慷慨 还毫不吝惜花时间陪他们 |
[13:03] | With a certain reserve, of course. | 当然了 肯定是有所保留的 |
[13:05] | But I did notice a bond forming between her | 但我确实注意到她和 |
[13:07] | – And one of the W.A.C.S. – Really? Which one? | -陆军妇女军团的一个人走的很近 -是吗 是谁 |
[13:09] | Uh, Lissie Calhoun. She was a nurse in Vietnam. | 莉西·卡尔霍恩 她是越战中的一名护士 |
[13:12] | Do you think we can talk to her? | 我们可以和她谈谈吗 |
[13:13] | Uh, yeah. I mean, she’s usually here in the afternoons. | 当然 她下午通常都在这里 |
[13:16] | I-I could tell her to contact you. | 我可以让她联系你们 |
[13:17] | – Uh, we’d appreciate that. – Of course. | -非常感谢 -不用客气 |
[13:19] | I don’t know what we’ll do now that Elise is gone. | 我不知道没有了伊莉丝 我们该怎么办 |
[13:21] | I mean, there’s no one to protect us. | 我是说 没有人保护我们了 |
[13:23] | To protect you from what? | 为什么你们需要她保护 |
[13:25] | The rest of the family. | 因为其他的家族成员 |
[13:28] | The Vogelsong fortune breeds great entitlement | 沃格松的财富即带来了权势 |
[13:29] | and great guilt, Elise used to tell me. | 也带来了罪恶 伊莉丝经常这么说 |
[13:31] | And according to her, | 据她所说 |
[13:32] | it had driven all of her relations completely mad. | 财富让她所有的亲人变得疯狂 |
[13:34] | All they did was fight with each other over the money. | 为了钱自相残杀 |
[13:36] | Well, where does the money come from | 退伍军人收容所的 |
[13:37] | that funds the soldiers’ home? | 资金来源是什么 |
[13:38] | The vogelsong Foundation, | 沃格松基金会 |
[13:39] | which Elise was in charge of. | 当时是由伊莉丝掌管 |
[13:41] | I mean, with her gone, I just– I fear we might be shut down. | 她现在去世了 恐怕我们也得关门了 |
[13:43] | Is that a real danger? | 真有这种危险吗 |
[13:44] | Oh, yes. Sadly, yes. | 对 很遗憾 是的 |
[13:46] | One of the relatives was determined to destroy us | 她的一位亲人立志要摧毁我们 |
[13:49] | and–and all of our work here. | 毁掉所有劳动成果 |
[13:50] | According to Elise, it was an obsession of his | 据伊莉丝讲 他痴迷于 |
[13:52] | to crush her and take everything that was hers. | 消灭她 并夺走她的一切 |
[13:55] | Do you know which relative? | 你知道是哪位亲人吗 |
[13:57] | It was a nephew. His name is Curtis Wiley. | 是她的侄子 名字是柯蒂斯·威利 |
[14:10] | Vogelsong legal disputes. | 沃格松家的法律纠纷 |
[14:12] | Wanna help? | 要帮忙吗 |
[14:16] | Rigsby. | 瑞斯比 |
[14:19] | Somebody die? | 有人去世了吗 |
[14:21] | No. It’s from Van Pelt. | 没有 是范佩尔寄来的 |
[14:25] | She’s learning cross-drive analysis | 她正在学习跨硬盘分析 |
[14:26] | and anomaly detection. | 和异常检测 |
[14:30] | And that makes you sad? | 而这让你很伤心 |
[14:32] | I’m not sad. | 我才没有伤心 |
[14:34] | Yeah, okay, I’m sad. | 好吧 我是伤心 |
[14:35] | Every time she’s been away in the past | 以前她不在的时候 |
[14:37] | and she sent a postcard, | 每次寄来的明信片 |
[14:38] | she always addressed it to me, | 都是寄给我的 |
[14:40] | or, you know, “Wayne and the gang”. | 或者是”韦恩帮” |
[14:42] | This is just addressed to “The bullpen,” | 而这张是寄给”办公室”的 |
[14:44] | Like I’m nobody. | 好像我谁也不是一样 |
[14:45] | Right. She’s moved on. | 行了 她已经朝前看了 |
[14:48] | Yes, thank you. I know that. | 对 多谢提醒 我知道 |
[14:49] | Like years ago. | 几年之前的事了 |
[14:51] | Well, years makes it sound like decades. | 几年听起来像是有十多年了 |
[14:53] | It hasn’t been that long. | 才没有那么久 |
[14:57] | You’re losing your mind. How long has it been | 脑子烧坏了吧 你上一次谈恋爱 |
[14:59] | since you’ve had relations with a woman? | 是多久之前的事 |
[15:03] | Recently. | 就最近 |
[15:04] | Lying again. Find a woman. | 又是谎话 去找个女人吧 |
[15:10] | Yeah, you know what? You’re right. | 你知道吗 你说的没错 |
[15:13] | I will. It’s what I have to do. | 我会的 我必须这么做 |
[15:15] | “Bullpen.” Not even an “XO” at the end. | “办公室” 最后都不加个”亲亲抱抱” |
[15:19] | Move on, Wayne. Move on. | 向前看吧 韦恩 向前看 |
[15:38] | Hey, Cho, what do you got? | 周 有什么发现吗 |
[15:42] | There’s about 30 descendants of Ernst Vogelsong, | 恩斯特·沃格松有大约三十名晚辈 |
[15:45] | and every one of them seems to be contesting a part of the will | 看起来每一个人都在争斗以列入遗嘱 |
[15:48] | or accusing the others of some improper financial behavior. | 要不就是指责别人有不正当的金融行为 |
[15:50] | Uh, did you find out what was going on | 你有没有搞清楚伊莉丝·沃格松 |
[15:51] | between Elise Vogelsong and her nephew? | 和她侄子之间到底发生了什么 |
[15:53] | It was about a codicil | 有关一份遗嘱附件 |
[15:54] | giving Curtis Wiley another chunk of inheritance | 它可以给柯蒂斯·威利带来另一部分遗产 |
[15:56] | and a seat on the foundation board. | 以及基金会董事会的一席之地 |
[15:58] | There’s pages of claims and counter claims | 还有大量的申诉和反申诉文件 |
[16:00] | centered on whether it took effect at 35 or 40. | 都是关于这份附件是35还是40岁开始生效的 |
[16:03] | Seriously? | 是吗 |
[16:04] | These people are a law firm’s dream. | 这些人真是法律事务所梦寐以求的客户 |
[16:07] | No kidding. | 是啊 |
[16:08] | And more recently, Curtis had been making claims | 就最近 柯蒂斯提出了 |
[16:10] | of managerial incompetence. | 管理失职的申诉 |
[16:12] | Said that there were accounting irregularities | 说基金会和退伍军人收容所 |
[16:13] | at the foundation and the soldiers’ home. | 的账目存在违规行为 |
[16:15] | Any idea the status of the case, which way it was leaning? | 你知道案件进展吗 谁更有希望赢 |
[16:18] | No, but I’ve got a call out to the probate judge. | 我不知道 但我已经给遗嘱检验法官打了电话 |
[16:21] | And one thing’s clear– this much paper | 可以确定的是 这么多份文件 |
[16:23] | means bad feelings on both sides. | 说明双方都有敌意 |
[16:27] | This is a family matter. | 这是家族恩怨 |
[16:28] | It’s not something that outsiders can understand. | 外人是无法明白的 |
[16:31] | I understand that you lied to us earlier. | 我只知道你之前向我们撒了谎 |
[16:33] | You and your aunt hated each other. | 你和你姑妈都讨厌对方 |
[16:35] | – And you’re greedy. – No, you’re wrong! | -而且你很贪心 -不 你错了 |
[16:41] | That’s not true. | 不是这样的 |
[16:43] | I never felt any ill will towards my aunt. | 我对姑妈没有任何敌意 |
[16:45] | I loved her. I wanted to help her. | 我爱她 我只是想帮她 |
[16:47] | By suing her? | 通过起诉她吗 |
[16:48] | Interesting way of showing your love. | 很有趣的表达爱意的方式 |
[16:51] | All right, look, from a financial point of view, | 好吧 听着 从财政方面考虑 |
[16:52] | something had to be done. | 必须要做出些改变 |
[16:54] | My aunt was not making good decisions. | 姑妈做的决定并不明智 |
[16:55] | Her mind was going. | 她有些神志不清了 |
[16:57] | Well, so you say, and Dr. Reinhardt, | 你和莱因哈特医生都这么说 |
[16:59] | But Elise’s sailing companion didn’t say so. | 但伊莉丝的航海同伴可不这么认为 |
[17:01] | Excuse me if I don’t put much trust | 我可不会太相信 |
[17:03] | in what Cayce Robbins says. | 凯西·罗宾斯说的话 |
[17:05] | A reading of my aunt’s will showed that little thief | 看下我姑妈的遗嘱就知道 那个小偷 |
[17:07] | manipulated my aunt into giving her the “Songbird.” | 操纵了我姑妈 让她把”夜莺”号送给了她 |
[17:10] | Why shouldn’t your aunt give Cayce the boat | 为什么你姑妈不能把船送给凯西 |
[17:12] | if that’s what she wanted? | 如果她愿意的话 |
[17:13] | Because that boat is worth a quarter of a million dollars! | 因为那艘船值二十五万美元 |
[17:16] | Look, all assets of any unmarried heirs | 所有未婚继承人的财产 |
[17:19] | revert back to the family trust. | 都要归还给家族信托基金 |
[17:21] | That’s how it’s done, as my aunt well knew. | 就是这么规定的 我姑妈很清楚 |
[17:23] | Apparently, that’s not what she wanted. | 很显然 她不想这么做 |
[17:25] | Well, she was not in her right mind, | 她神智不清醒 |
[17:26] | and people were taking advantage of that. | 别人就趁机占她便宜 |
[17:28] | The expenditures of the soldiers’ home | 退伍军人收容所的支出 |
[17:30] | were astronomical. One of the trustees told me. | 是一个天文数字 一位理事告诉我的 |
[17:32] | And now we’re losing the “Songbird”? | 而现在我们还要失去”夜莺”号吗 |
[17:34] | Honey, this couple’s interested in one of your paintings. | 亲爱的 这对夫妇对你的画很感兴趣 |
[17:37] | Do you think you could come over and talk to them? | 你可以过来和他们谈谈吗 |
[17:45] | My family’s being robbed blind. | 我的家族正在被骗子坑害 |
[17:47] | It’s my fiduciary responsibility to act. | 作为信托人我有责任采取行动 |
[17:51] | $250,000 is a lot of money. | 25万美元是很大一笔钱 |
[17:54] | We should go talk to Cayce Robbins again. | 我们得再去找凯西·罗宾斯谈谈 |
[17:56] | I’m always happy to take a trip to the ocean. | 我最愿意去航海了 |
[18:01] | Well, we could get on board and wait. | 我们可以上船等她 |
[18:04] | Not without a warrant, we’re not. | 没有搜查令可不行 |
[18:05] | Rules are just so… | 这些规矩可真是的 |
[18:09] | tiresome and boring. | 令人讨厌 无趣 |
[18:11] | Ms. Robbins, hi. | 罗宾斯小姐 你好 |
[18:12] | We’re sorry to bother you this late. | 很抱歉这么晚来打扰你 |
[18:14] | No, please, call me Cayce. | 没关系 请叫我凯西 |
[18:15] | I-I hope I didn’t make you guys wait too long. | 希望你们没等太久 |
[18:17] | I was just doing a favor for a friend. | 我刚才在帮朋友忙 |
[18:19] | Uh, we just had some questions. | 我们有几个问题 |
[18:20] | We talked to Curtis Wiley. | 我们跟柯蒂斯·威利谈过 |
[18:22] | Oh. I bet he had a lot to say. | 我打赌他肯定说了不少 |
[18:23] | Yeah, he’s very upset. | 没错 他很生气 |
[18:25] | He’s very upset? | 他很生气吗 |
[18:29] | Look, I-I didn’t expect anything, | 我从没期望过任何事 |
[18:32] | And I’m honored that Elise even wanted to give me “Songbird,” | 伊莉丝愿意给我”夜莺”号 我深感荣幸 |
[18:35] | but changing the will affects the foundation. | 但修改遗嘱会影响基金会 |
[18:39] | What do you mean, changing the will? | 你说修改遗嘱是什么意思 |
[18:40] | You don’t know? | 你不知道吗 |
[18:41] | I-I just got a call from the lawyers, | 我刚接到律师的电话 |
[18:43] | and the doctor said Elise was not compos mentis. | 医生说伊莉丝的精神不正常 |
[18:46] | The will isn’t valid. | 遗嘱不具法律效力 |
[18:47] | And that affects the foundation? | 而这会影响基金会吗 |
[18:49] | Well, Elise left her seat on the foundation board | 伊莉丝把她在基金会董事会的位置 |
[18:51] | to the chaplain of the soldiers’ home. | 留给了退伍军人收容所的牧师 |
[18:53] | That goes, too, with the will thrown out. | 因为遗嘱无效这也无法生效了 |
[18:56] | That’s interesting. | 非常有趣 |
[18:59] | Thank you for your time. | 谢谢你抽出时间 |
[19:03] | Look, she wasn’t crazy, you know. | 她并没有疯 |
[19:08] | It was just those pills that doctor had her on. | 都是因为医生给她开的那些药 |
[19:10] | That’s what made her like that. | 是那些药让她神志不清 |
[19:12] | Uh, they were actually just a mild sleeping aid. | 那只是些温和的助眠药 |
[19:14] | We checked. | 我们检查过 |
[19:16] | Well, there was more than just those pills. | 医生给她吃的不止那些药 |
[19:18] | A lot more. | 比那多得多 |
[19:21] | I thought you understood that. | 我还以为你们知道呢 |
[19:33] | All right. What have you got for me on Reinhardt? | 关于莱因哈特 你有什么发现吗 |
[19:35] | Well, it looks like Elise’s sailing friend | 看来伊莉丝的航海伙伴所说的 |
[19:36] | might have had it right. | 很可能是真的 |
[19:38] | Took some digging. | 费了点劲才找到 |
[19:40] | Negligent homicide? Where’s this from? | 过失杀人 在哪发生的 |
[19:42] | Monaco. | 摩纳哥 |
[19:44] | You see why the charge was brought? | 你看到他被指控的原因了吗 |
[19:45] | Overprescribing a pain medication. | 开过量的止痛药 |
[19:48] | Bingo. | 这就对了 |
[19:49] | It was treated as a terrible mistake at the time, | 当时是按重大过失来处理的 |
[19:51] | and the charges were eventually dropped. | 最后撤消了指控 |
[19:52] | Still, it’s not something that would inspire confidence | 这毕竟不是什么能让病人对莱因哈特 |
[19:55] | in Reinhardt’s patients. | 充满信心的事情 |
[19:56] | Yeah, which is probably why a great deal of effort’s | 是啊 所以费了这么大的劲 |
[19:58] | been made to cover it all up. | 来隐藏这件事 |
[19:59] | Uh, what about the records | 他给伊莉丝开的 |
[20:00] | for what he was prescribing for Elise? | 那些药的记录呢 |
[20:02] | Trying to get a hold of them. | 正在查 |
[20:03] | – We may need a warrant. – Talk to Reinhardt. | -我们可能会需要搜查令 -和莱因哈特谈谈 |
[20:04] | See how he reacts when you confront him. | 看看你当面质问他 他什么反应 |
[20:06] | Sure. Should I take Cho? | 好的 要带周去吗 |
[20:07] | – I sent him to the soldiers’ home. – Okay. | -我派他去退伍军人收容所了 -好的 |
[20:24] | You must be Agent Cho with the CBI? | 你一定是加调局的周探员了 |
[20:26] | That’s right. | 是的 |
[20:27] | Like I told Agent Lisbon on the phone, | 就像我在电话里和里斯本探员说的 |
[20:28] | I don’t want to get anyone in trouble, | 我不想给任何人找麻烦 |
[20:30] | but I think those two have been plotting this for some time. | 但是我认为那两个人已经密谋已久了 |
[20:32] | Wait. Slow down. Who was plotting what? | 等等 慢点说 谁密谋什么 |
[20:35] | The nephew and that doctor. | 那个侄子和那个医生 |
[20:36] | I mean, I didn’t realize it at the time, | 我是说我当时没意识到 |
[20:38] | but I think they’ve been working together for a while. | 但我认为他们已经合作了一段时间了 |
[20:40] | And what makes you say that? | 你这话有什么根据 |
[20:41] | Uh, about a week ago, they came in to talk to Elise. | 大约一周前 他们来和伊莉丝谈话 |
[20:43] | They must have been talking about | 他们当时一定是在谈 |
[20:44] | the future of soldiers’ home. | 退伍军人收容所的未来 |
[20:46] | You sure about that? | 你确定吗 |
[20:47] | Okay. Here’s what I saw– | 好吧 我看见 |
[20:50] | Elise was outside talking with Lissie Calhoun | 威利和莱因哈特来的时候 |
[20:52] | When Wiley and Reinhardt appeared. | 伊莉丝正在外面和莉西·卡尔霍恩说话 |
[20:54] | The…the conversation got very heated. | 然后谈话变得很激烈 |
[20:56] | Now Lissie Calhoun– | 莉西·卡尔霍恩 |
[20:57] | She’s the nurse, served in Vietnam? | 她是护士 在越南服过役 对吧 |
[20:59] | Yeah. I know Agent Lisbon wanted to talk to her, | 是的 我知道里斯本探员想找她谈话 |
[21:01] | but she hasn’t been in for the last few days. | 但是她这几天不在 |
[21:03] | Do you have her address? | 你有她的地址吗 |
[21:04] | Yeah. I think I do. | 我有 |
[21:07] | Follow me. | 跟我来 |
[21:12] | Uh, Lisbon, I’m sorry, | 里斯本 打扰了 |
[21:14] | but I think we might have to get back to the crime scene. | 但我觉得我们得重回案发现场 |
[21:16] | Really? That place was so creepy. | 真的吗 那个地方太瘆人了 |
[21:19] | Yes. But I…I’m worried | 是的 但是我担心 |
[21:20] | we might have missed something because of that. | 因为这个我们会遗漏一些东西 |
[21:22] | Okay, fine, but no jumping out and yelling “Boo” at me | 好吧 但是不准跳出来对我大喊”吓死你” |
[21:24] | or anything like that. | 之类的 |
[21:26] | I mean, seriously, what do you take me for? | 别开玩笑 你把我当成什么人了 |
[21:28] | I am not going to answer that because I’m a nice person. | 我不会回答这个问题 因为我是个有礼貌的人 |
[21:36] | She paid through the month, | 她交了这个月的房租 |
[21:36] | but said she was going to visit a friend. | 但她说她要去拜访一个朋友 |
[21:39] | Did she say where? | 她说去哪了吗 |
[21:40] | No, she didn’t. | 没有 |
[21:41] | What’d she do this time? | 她这次又干什么了 |
[21:43] | Told her any more of it, I’d throw her out. | 我告诉过她再惹麻烦 我就把她撵走 |
[21:45] | Three strikes. That’s my rule. | 再一再二不再三 这是我的原则 |
[21:47] | She hasn’t done anything. I just wanna talk to her. | 她没惹麻烦 我只是想和她谈谈 |
[21:52] | Well, don’t get me wrong. | 别误解我 |
[21:53] | You know, Lissie’s good people. | 莉西是个好人 |
[21:54] | But she’s got impulse control issues | 但是她很爱冲动 |
[21:57] | and problems with anger management. | 又很易怒 |
[22:00] | Think maybe she saw stuff over in Vietnam | 我觉得是因为她在越南看到了 |
[22:02] | that nobody should see, you know? | 很多很难接受的东西 你知道吗 |
[22:05] | Yeah, I know. | 是的 我知道 |
[22:12] | Plus she drinks. | 再加上她还酗酒 |
[22:13] | That’s probably where she is now. | 可能现在就在喝吧 |
[22:17] | So you think the friend she’s visiting is made up? | 你认为她根本没去拜访什么朋友 |
[22:20] | All I know is, I told her | 我只知道 我跟她说过 |
[22:21] | she can’t stay here if she’s not sober. | 她要是不戒酒 就不能待在这 |
[22:23] | I can’t put up with that. | 我受不了醉酒的人 |
[22:25] | She may have been America’s tragic heiress, | 她或许是美国的悲剧女性继承人 |
[22:27] | but she sure knew how to throw a party. | 但是她确实知道怎样开派对 |
[22:30] | Look at these photos. | 看看这些照片 |
[22:31] | Hot and cold running servants, fine food, champagne and wine. | 端着冷热饮的仆人 美食 香槟和烈酒 |
[22:36] | That must have been something to see. | 场面一定很大 |
[22:40] | She went crazy, I guess. | 我猜她后来肯定是疯了 |
[22:56] | – Uh, Lisbon? – What? | -里斯本 -怎么了 |
[22:58] | Come take a look at this. | 过来看看这个 |
[23:01] | Look at this shelf. Tell me what you see. | 看看这个架子 告诉我你看到了什么 |
[23:03] | Mm, a picture frame, a silver candlestick, | 一个照片镜架 银制烛台 |
[23:05] | an old lace doily. | 一条旧的蕾丝桌巾 |
[23:07] | One lace doily. | 一条蕾丝桌巾 |
[23:10] | The other doily’s missing? | 另一条桌巾不见了 |
[23:11] | Yes. Now look at this. | 是的 现在来看看这个 |
[23:15] | On this shelf, what is it… | 在这个架子上 你看不到的 |
[23:19] | that you don’t see? | 是什么 |
[23:22] | Well, that medal’s gone. | 奖牌不见了 |
[23:25] | I knew we missed something. | 我就知道我们遗漏了点什么 |
[23:27] | Okay, will do, boss. | 好的 头儿 |
[23:34] | Jane thinks some kind of small commemorative object | 简认为沃格松家里的 |
[23:36] | was stolen from the Vogelsong house. | 一个小纪念品被偷了 |
[23:41] | Never mind. | 没事了 |
[23:44] | So you’re still on that computer dating site, huh? | 你还在逛那个相亲网站呢 |
[23:45] | Yeah. It’s really cool. | 是啊 很酷啊 |
[23:48] | You can customize the kind of woman you wanna meet. | 你可以定制出你想见的女人的类型 |
[23:51] | Have you actually made any dates, | 你是真真正正地约了几次会 |
[23:52] | or are you just hesitating and second-guessing yourself | 还是只是像平时那样 |
[23:54] | like you usually do? | 犹豫和自我怀疑 |
[23:56] | Yeah, I’ve made dates…several. So there. | 我约了好几次会 就这样 |
[23:59] | Glad to hear it. | 替你高兴 |
[24:01] | But maybe you can also help around the office a little bit. | 但是或许你也能干一下办公室里的活 |
[24:04] | Meaning? | 什么意思 |
[24:05] | Isn’t that the Reinhart warrant on your desk? | 你桌上的是莱因哈特的搜查令吗 |
[24:07] | No, I’ve been waiting on the Reinhardt warrant for– | 不是 我正在等莱因哈特的搜查令… |
[24:10] | Oh, crap! | 糟了 |
[24:29] | Dr. Reinhardt will see you as soon as he can. | 莱因哈特医生会尽快接见你的 |
[24:31] | You understand I’m an officer of the law, | 你知道我是个执法人员 |
[24:33] | investigating a murder case? | 并且在调查一起谋杀案吧 |
[24:35] | The doctor is with a patient right now. | 医生正在给病人看病 |
[24:37] | But as soon as he’s done… | 一结束他就会… |
[24:43] | Get away from the machine. | 离碎纸机远点 |
[24:45] | Oh. It’s not what you think. I…I didn’t do anything. | 不是你想的那样 我什么都没做 |
[24:50] | Phenobarbital… | 苯巴比妥 |
[24:52] | Clonazepam… | 氯硝西泮 |
[24:53] | Diazepam… | 地西泮 |
[24:55] | Thorazine. | 氯丙嗪 |
[24:57] | Looks to me like you did quite a lot. | 我看你做了很多嘛 |
[24:59] | Hands behind your back. | 手放到背后 |
[25:00] | You’re under arrest. | 你被捕了 |
[25:09] | – Hey, I think I found your missing object. – Oh, yeah? | -我想我找到了那个失窃的东西 -是吗 |
[25:17] | It’s called the Vogelsong medal. | 它被称作沃格松奖牌 |
[25:18] | And apparently, it’s kind of a big deal. | 很显然 它很重要 |
[25:20] | That’s from Channel 7 news a few years ago. | 前几年在第七频道报道过 |
[25:23] | Elise Vogelsong | 伊莉丝·沃格松 |
[25:24] | welcomes foreign dignitaries | 在年度沃格松基金宴会上 |
[25:25] | to the annual Vogelsong foundation dinner, | 迎接外国高官 |
[25:29] | Wearing the renowned and priceless Vogelsong medal. | 佩戴着著名的无价沃格松奖牌 |
[25:34] | Priceless, huh? That explains why somebody stole it. | 无价啊 这就解释了为什么会有人去偷 |
[25:37] | Except that it’s only priceless | 但是它只有作为沃格松奖牌 |
[25:38] | when it’s the Vogelsong medal. | 的时候才无价 |
[25:40] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[25:40] | Well, melt it down, it’s worth almost nothing, | 把它熔化了 几乎一文不值 |
[25:42] | But keep it as the vogelsong medal, | 但是如果作为沃格松奖牌来收藏 |
[25:43] | you can’t sell it. | 就不能卖了它 |
[25:44] | So with all the treasures in that house, why take that? | 房子里那么多值钱的东西 为什么拿走它 |
[25:48] | Beats me. | 问倒我了 |
[25:50] | Uh, what about Dr. Reinhardt? Did you talk to him? | 莱因哈特医生怎么样了 你跟他谈过了吗 |
[25:52] | I’m about to. With the amount that he was prescribing her, | 马上就去 就他给她开的药量来看 |
[25:56] | it’s no wonder people thought she was losing her mind. | 难怪人们觉得她疯了 |
[25:58] | I’m amazed she could stay upright. | 我很是惊讶这样她还能站直 |
[26:08] | Okay, I did not want to prescribe her those pills. | 我不想给她开那些药 |
[26:11] | She made me do it. | 是她逼我的 |
[26:12] | She blackmailed me. | 她威胁我 |
[26:14] | Okay, you can take a seat. | 好了 你可以坐下了 |
[26:17] | So an old lady with rapidly progressing dementia– | 一个患有急性恶化痴呆的老太太 |
[26:21] | You gonna say that she was the bad guy in this situation? | 在这种情况下 你还想说她才是坏人 |
[26:24] | It’s true. | 是真的 |
[26:26] | I don’t know how she found out about my past, but she did. | 我不知道她是怎么知道我的过去的 但是她知道了 |
[26:29] | And she said she’d tell everybody | 她说要是我不听她的 |
[26:31] | unless I did what she said. | 她就要告诉所有的人 |
[26:34] | I…I just want to help people. I’m..I’m a good doctor. | 我只想帮助别人 我是个好医生 |
[26:37] | She would have ruined my career. | 她会毁掉我的事业 |
[26:40] | She was a cruel and vindictive woman, | 她是个残忍又记仇的女人 |
[26:42] | willing to do anything just… to get her way. | 为达目的不惜一切手段 |
[26:46] | So you weren’t conspiring with Curtis Wiley | 这么说你没有跟柯蒂斯·威利密谋 |
[26:48] | to undo Elise Vogelsong’s will? | 撤销伊利斯·沃格松的遗嘱 |
[26:50] | What? No. | 什么 当然没有 |
[26:51] | But you and Wiley did have a conversation with Elise | 但是你和威利的确是在退伍军人 |
[26:53] | outside the soldiers’ home, did you not? | 收容所外跟伊利斯有过谈话 不是吗 |
[26:55] | Elise asked me to meet her there. | 伊利斯让我去那见她 |
[26:57] | Th-that was the first and only time | 那是我第一次也是唯一一次 |
[26:58] | I ever met Curtis Wiley, | 见到柯蒂斯·威利 |
[27:00] | I swear on my mother’s grave. | 我以我已故的母亲发誓 |
[27:02] | I voided that will because I believe Elise Vogelsong | 我之所以废除那份遗嘱是因为我认为 |
[27:05] | not to be in her right mind. | 伊利斯·沃格松当时神志不清 |
[27:07] | That’s the only reason. | 只有这个原因 |
[27:16] | I tracked down Lissie Calhoun in Vegas. | 我查到莉西·卡尔霍恩在维加斯 |
[27:18] | She used a credit card yesterday to get a room. | 她昨天用信用卡租了一间房子 |
[27:20] | Should I send somebody out to go get her? | 需不需要派人去把她带回来 |
[27:21] | Pass it on to the locals. Have them drop in. | 让当地的警察去询问一下她 |
[27:23] | See what she has to say. | 看看她会说什么 |
[27:24] | Will do. | 这就去办 |
[27:25] | Oh, and I got some intel on the lawsuit | 我从遗嘱认证办公室 |
[27:27] | from one of the clerks in the probate office. | 一个职员那了解到一些消息 |
[27:29] | Why can’t we get a judge on the phone? | 为什么不直接打给法官 |
[27:30] | Oh, he’s stuck in some mediation thing. | 他被一些仲裁的事缠住了 |
[27:32] | Stay on the judge. What did the clerk say? | 继续联系法官 那个职员怎么说 |
[27:33] | Basically, trusts and estates law is pretty arcane stuff, | 总的来说 信托和不动产法很麻烦 |
[27:36] | but the clerk was pretty certain | 但那个职员很确定 |
[27:37] | that Elise Vogelsong was gonna win. | 伊利斯·沃格松会胜诉 |
[27:38] | Okay. I-I wanna get a warrant | 好吧 我需要一张批准搜查 |
[27:41] | to search Curtis Wiley’s home and place of business. | 柯蒂斯·威利家及其画廊的搜查令 |
[27:44] | I wanna lean on him hard. | 查紧一点 |
[27:45] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[27:56] | Hello, agents. | 你们好 探员们 |
[27:57] | Uh, Curtis is painting out back. | 柯蒂斯正在后面画画 |
[27:58] | Should I go get him? | 需要我去叫他吗 |
[27:59] | That won’t be necessary. | 没这个必要了 |
[28:00] | This is a warrant to search your business. | 这是批准搜查你们画廊的搜查令 |
[28:02] | Could you step aside from the desk, please? | 请你起身站到一边 |
[28:04] | – What? – Step away from the desk, please. | -什么 -请你站到一边去 |
[28:08] | Curtis, the police are here. | 柯蒂斯 警察来了 |
[28:09] | We’ve already searched your home. | 我们已经搜查了你们的家 |
[28:10] | This won’t take long. | 搜查这里不会耽误太长时间的 |
[28:12] | My husband will put a stop to this. | 我丈夫会阻止你们的 |
[28:14] | No, he won’t. | 不 他不会 |
[28:15] | What’s going on here? | 怎么回事 |
[28:17] | This is a warrant that was issued by a judge. | 这是一张由法官签署的搜查令 |
[28:19] | It authorizes me to search your business, your vehicle, | 它赋予我搜查你们画廊 汽车 |
[28:22] | and your persons. | 以及你们本人的权利 |
[28:24] | I don’t understand. Why are you doing this? | 我真不明白 你为什么要这么做呢 |
[28:27] | Where were you the night of the murder? | 凶案发生的那晚你在哪里 |
[28:29] | I-I was here at the gallery going over paperwork. | 我 我在画廊这里做一些文书工作 |
[28:32] | Alone? | 你一个人 |
[28:34] | No. | 不是 |
[28:35] | No, I-I was here, too. W-we were both here together. | 不是的 我也在这 我们当时在一块 |
[28:39] | I think you’re lying. | 我觉得你在撒谎 |
[28:40] | Hey, boss, I found something. | 头儿 我发现点东西 |
[28:42] | Hey. Those are my personal art supplies. | 那是我自己的绘画用品 |
[28:44] | There’s–there’s nothing back there that you need. | 那里 那里没有你要找的东西 |
[28:46] | Really? | 是吗 |
[28:48] | This is an art supply? | 这也是绘画用品 |
[28:50] | My great-grandfather’s medal. Where did you get that? | 我曾祖父的奖牌 你从哪找到的 |
[28:53] | Back there. It was wrapped in this. | 在里面 用这个东西包着 |
[28:55] | Smells like sterno. | 闻上去像是固体酒精 |
[28:56] | No. | 不会的 |
[28:57] | I’m arresting you for the murder of Elise Vogelsong. | 你现在因谋杀伊利斯·沃格松而被拘捕 |
[29:14] | Your client was locked in a bitter legal dispute | 你的当事人与本案的受害者 |
[29:16] | with the victim over an extended period of time. | 陷入了一段漫长的法律纠纷 |
[29:18] | Realizing that he had little or no chance | 他意识到自己胜诉的可能性 |
[29:20] | of winning the suit, | 微乎其微 |
[29:21] | he set about trying to get rid of her. | 于是就决定让她永远消失 |
[29:22] | Oh, this is ridiculous. | 这太荒唐了 |
[29:26] | You found an ally in the form of Dr. Lance Reinhardt, | 你伙同兰斯·莱因哈特医生 |
[29:30] | and together, they started drugging Elise Vogelsong | 你们俩一起给伊利斯·沃格松下药 |
[29:32] | in carefully calibrated doses so that the world around her | 药量非常精确 这样她身边的人 |
[29:35] | would believe that she was going mad. | 就会相信她真的疯了 |
[29:36] | I met the man once. Once. | 我只见过那人一次 就一次 |
[29:39] | The murder would look to the world | 在所有人看来 这起谋杀案 |
[29:40] | like a terrible accident. | 就像是一次十分不幸的意外 |
[29:41] | Just another in a line of tragedies that Elise Vogelsong | 不过是伊利斯·沃格松不幸的一生中的 |
[29:45] | had suffered in her life, | 又一次悲剧 |
[29:46] | And Curtis would inherit everything. | 而柯蒂斯就可以继承所有遗产 |
[29:48] | This is slanderous. What he’s saying is slander, isn’t it? | 这是诽谤 他这是诽谤 不是吗 |
[29:50] | Curtis, please. | 柯蒂斯 冷静 |
[29:52] | It’s all very neat, but it is completely circumstantial. | 你说得很好 但这都是假设 |
[29:56] | You presented nothing but innuendo and scurrilous gossip. | 你提出的都是些影射以及恶言毁谤 |
[29:59] | Except for the fact that your client | 除了这一点 你的当事人 |
[30:03] | couldn’t resist taking something from the victim– | 忍不住从受害者那里拿了件东西 |
[30:06] | something that represented everything she stood for as a Vogelsong. | 一些能表明她是沃格松家族一员的东西 |
[30:15] | The Vogelsong medal. | 沃格松奖牌 |
[30:17] | No– | 不是的 |
[30:19] | Which he wrapped in a doily taken from the house. | 他用府邸里拿的小桌巾包着它 偷走了它 |
[30:23] | And that doily still has traces of the sterno | 而这块小卓巾上还残留着 |
[30:28] | he used to light his aunt on fire. | 他用来焚烧他姑妈的固体酒精 |
[30:30] | Now… it’s just a matter of which one is quickest | 现在 就要看谁先跟警方达成交易 |
[30:33] | to make a deal and testify against the other. | 并且指控另一个人了 |
[30:36] | I’m quite sure that Dr. Reinhardt | 我敢保证莱因哈特医生 |
[30:38] | is signing a plea deal right now, | 现在已经在签字了 |
[30:40] | But if your client’s clever enough, | 但是如果你的当事人够聪明的话 |
[30:41] | He might be able to save his own neck | 他或许能够保住一条命 |
[30:42] | and just serve life without parole. | 兴许还能判个终身监禁且不得假释 |
[30:44] | Deal. | 交易 |
[30:46] | I’m innocent. No. | 我是无辜的 没门儿 |
[30:47] | That was planted on me by you for all I know. | 那是你们栽赃在我身上的 |
[30:50] | I’m innocent. | 我是无辜的 |
[30:50] | Well, it’s your choice. | 好吧 这可是你自找的 |
[30:55] | Don’t move and don’t say a word. | 什么也别做 什么也别说 |
[30:59] | Agent, please. | 探员 请留步 |
[31:03] | Give me a minute. | 给我一点时间 |
[31:06] | I’m sure I can talk sense into him. | 我想我能跟他讲讲道理 |
[31:09] | Don’t take the deal off the table. | 先别取消交易 |
[31:10] | Sure. Talk to your client. | 好的 跟他好好谈谈 |
[31:26] | They’re gonna turn on each other. | 他们会开始狗咬狗 |
[31:27] | It is gonna be an open and shut case | 在我们把他们交给法官之前 |
[31:29] | by the time we get it before a judge. | 这案子就结束了 |
[31:31] | It all fits. | 一切都合情合理 |
[31:34] | I’ll give you that. Yeah. | 这点我同意 |
[31:37] | A psychological motive for stealing the medal | 心理上想要去偷那块奖牌的动机 |
[31:40] | is particularly compelling. | 是很强烈的 |
[31:43] | But there’s something about it that’s not right. | 但是似乎还有点不对的地方 |
[31:45] | What do you mean? We’ve got a killer, | 说什么呢 我们已经抓到凶手了 |
[31:47] | we’ve got motive, and we got conclusive evidence. | 找到了犯罪动机和确凿的证据 |
[31:49] | What more do you need? | 你还想要什么 |
[31:49] | I don’t know yet. | 我现在还不确定 |
[31:51] | Oh, you’re just being contrary. | 你就是想跟我唱反调 |
[31:52] | No, I-I swear I’m not. | 不是的 我发誓不是的 |
[31:55] | Hey, Cho. | 你好 周 |
[31:56] | Hey, boss. Just talked to the probate judge. | 头儿 我刚刚跟遗嘱检验法官谈过了 |
[31:58] | He finally got in touch. | 好不容易联系上他 |
[31:59] | Really? What’d he say? | 是吗 他怎么说 |
[32:00] | Well, he said that in discovery, | 他说通过调查发现 |
[32:01] | widespread malfeasance was found in the running of the foundation. | 基金会的管理人员有很多渎职行为 |
[32:04] | – What does that mean? – It means that | -这是什么意思 -意思是 |
[32:05] | Elise Vogelsong had run through her entire inheritance | 伊利斯·沃格松已经挥霍光了继承的遗产 |
[32:08] | and was plundering the coffers of the soldiers’ home | 而且还把退伍军人收容所的钱 |
[32:09] | to line her own pockets. | 塞进了自己的口袋 |
[32:11] | In the past few months, | 在过去的几个月中 |
[32:12] | she nearly emptied the bank accounts. | 她几乎花光了账户里的钱 |
[32:13] | Elise Vogelsong? The victim? | 伊利斯·沃格松 那个死者 |
[32:15] | The whole matter was gonna be referred | 整个事件的报告将会被 |
[32:16] | to the district attorney’s office. | 送到地区检察官的办公室 |
[32:18] | Not only was the ruling going to be a complete victory for Curtis Wiley, | 不仅柯蒂斯·威利的官司会大胜 |
[32:21] | but Elise Vogelsong was going to jail. | 伊利斯还会被判入狱 |
[32:23] | So you’re telling me that sweet old lady | 你是说那位被杀害的慈祥的老太太 |
[32:25] | that was murdered was really a liar and a cheat? | 不仅是个谎话精 还是个大骗子 |
[32:28] | Yeah, and Soldiers’ Home is bankrupt. | 是的 而且退伍军人收容所也破产了 |
[32:29] | And Curtis Wiley murdered his aunt | 柯蒂斯·威利为了一场他能打赢的官司 |
[32:31] | for a lawsuit he was gonna win? | 杀了他的姑妈 |
[32:33] | And if he waited a week, | 他要是再等一个星期 |
[32:34] | he would’ve gotten everything he wanted. | 他就能得到一切他想要的东西了 |
[32:36] | That’s horrible. | 太可怕了 |
[32:39] | And I was just gonna take her ashes down to the boat. | 我还打算把她的骨灰带到那艘船上呢 |
[32:41] | Oh, so that the girl could scatter them at sea? | 好让那个女孩把骨灰撒到海里 |
[32:43] | That’s very kind of you, Lisbon. | 你真是个好人 里斯本 |
[32:45] | Well, I’m not gonna do it now. | 我现在不会这么做了 |
[32:46] | I’m gonna have somebody call her. | 我找人给她打个电话 |
[32:47] | She can come pick ’em up herself. | 让她自己来取 |
[32:50] | Do you mind if I do it? | 你介意我去做这件事吗 |
[32:52] | I-I like the idea of giving this girl some closure. | 我觉得应该给这女孩一个了结 |
[32:58] | Don’t tell me you’ve gotten sentimental all of a sudden. | 别告诉我你突然也变得多愁善感了 |
[33:00] | Not at all. I just think it’s the right thing to do. | 当然不是 我只是觉得这是我应该做的 |
[33:03] | I’ll call you when I’m done. | 完事后我打你电话 |
[33:15] | How’s the, uh, computer dating thing going? | 网上约会进行得如何 |
[33:17] | Great. Yeah. Great. | 挺好的 不错 |
[33:19] | I haven’t met miss right yet, but, you know, | 还没遇到合适的 不过 |
[33:21] | I’m out there on the prowl, just… moving on, like we said. | 我正跃跃欲试 就像我们说过的 向前看 |
[33:25] | That’s funny. There must be some mistake then. | 真有趣 那一定是哪里搞错了 |
[33:29] | There’s several women out there | 外面有几个女的说 |
[33:30] | who say some guy’s running a scam online | 有人设了网上约会的骗局 |
[33:32] | where he pretends to be a handsome CBI cop | 他冒充成英俊的加调局警察 |
[33:34] | named Wayne Rigsby and makes dates with women, | 韦恩·瑞斯比 跟女人约会 |
[33:36] | and then he doesn’t show up. | 却从不出现 |
[33:38] | It’s weird, huh? | 挺奇怪的对吧 |
[33:42] | That is weird. Uh… they’re by the elevator? | 是挺奇怪的 她们在电梯那边吗 |
[33:45] | – Yeah. – Okay. | -是啊 -好的 |
[34:06] | Hi, la–oh, wow. There’s five of you. | 你们好 你们有五个人啊 |
[34:09] | Um… so I can explain. | 我可以解释 |
[34:17] | Wow. I’m–I mean, I’m–I’m glad that they found | 我很高兴他们找到了 |
[34:20] | who killed elise. | 杀害伊利斯的凶手 |
[34:21] | It’s just… it’s all so sad, you know? | 这一切太悲剧了 |
[34:26] | Maybe now Elise can rest in peace. | 也许伊利斯现在可以安歇了 |
[34:29] | Are those the ashes? | 这些是骨灰吗 |
[34:30] | Uh, yes. I, uh, I remember you saying | 是的 我记得你说过 |
[34:32] | you wanted to scatter them at sea, | 你想把它撒入大海 |
[34:34] | So I-I brought ’em with me. | 所以我把它带来了 |
[34:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[34:40] | Uh, I-I really appreciate this. | 我真的很感激 |
[34:43] | Um, I know this is what Elise would have wanted. | 我知道这是伊利斯想要的方式 |
[34:45] | Sure. | 当然 |
[34:48] | Let’s go, shall we? | 我们走吧 |
[34:51] | What are you doing? | 你要干嘛 |
[34:53] | Oh, I always wanted to take a boat trip, | 我一直想乘船出游 |
[34:55] | and this is a particularly nice boat, isn’t it? | 而这艘船相当漂亮 不是吗 |
[34:57] | You–you know, I don’t think it’s a very good idea. | 我觉得这样不好 |
[34:59] | You’re very, uh, inexperienced, | 你非常缺乏经验 |
[35:01] | and it can get very dangerous. | 会很危险的 |
[35:03] | It’ll be absolutely fine. | 绝对不会有事的 |
[35:05] | Uh, you got an emergency kit here. | 你这儿有急救箱 |
[35:06] | That’s good, | 很好 |
[35:07] | which reminds me, I should take a little bit | 这提醒我 我该吃点 |
[35:09] | of the old motion sickness medication. | 防止晕船的药物 |
[35:12] | Just as a precaution. | 只是预防一下 |
[35:13] | There we go, and one of these. | 好了 还有这些 |
[35:15] | Marine flare, huh? | 海上照明弹对吧 |
[35:18] | – Okay. You know what? Um… – Cool. | -好了 这样吧 -酷 |
[35:19] | You ever had to use one of these things? | 你有没有用过照明弹 |
[35:24] | – Smoke! That’s hot! – Calm down. Aah! | -有烟 太烫了 -冷静 |
[35:26] | Give me–oh, my God. | 给我 我的天 |
[35:28] | Oh! Uh, sorry! | 抱歉 |
[35:33] | Uh, mayday! Girl overboard! | 求救 有女孩落水了 |
[35:36] | Get some help! | 快求救啊 |
[35:38] | Uh… help! | 救命 |
[35:40] | Sorry! Sorry! | 抱歉 抱歉 |
[35:42] | Yep. | 有了 |
[35:44] | Hello? | 你好 |
[35:45] | I know you’re down there! | 我知道你在下面 |
[35:49] | Elise Vogelsong, I presume. | 我猜是伊利斯·沃格松吧 |
[35:52] | And that looks like the money you stole | 那看来是你从军人收容所 |
[35:53] | from the soldiers’ home. Let’s go! | 偷来的钱吧 我们走吧 |
[36:02] | Who are you? What are you doing on my boat? | 你是谁 你怎么在我的船上 |
[36:03] | My name is Patrick Jane. He’s an agent with the CBI, | 我叫派翠克·简 他是加调局的探员 |
[36:06] | And you, my dear, are under arrest. | 而你 亲爱的 被捕了 |
[36:12] | Bon voyage. | 旅途愉快 |
[36:41] | I didn’t know about the money. | 我不知道钱的事 |
[36:43] | I swear. | 我发誓 |
[36:46] | And I didn’t know she was gonna hurt anybody. | 我不知道她打算伤害谁 |
[36:48] | Somebody did get hurt. | 可确实有人受到了伤害 |
[36:50] | Lissie Calhoun died. | 莉西·卡尔霍恩死了 |
[36:56] | She told me that her family | 她告诉我 她的家人 |
[36:58] | was trying to get her put away in a home. | 打算把她扔在老人之家里 |
[37:01] | I was just trying to protect her. | 我只是想保护她 |
[37:05] | I thought I was doing the right thing. | 我以为我是在做正确的事 |
[37:07] | But you weren’t Cayce, | 但并非如此 凯西 |
[37:08] | and now you’re an accessory to murder. | 你现在是谋杀案的帮凶 |
[37:10] | I’m not. I’m n–I’m not. I-I can’t be. | 我没有 我没有 不可能 |
[37:14] | I would never. You have to believe me. | 我绝不会这样的 你得相信我 |
[37:20] | You know, she was probably planning to kill you, too? | 她很可能也打算杀了你 |
[37:26] | You were never getting off that boat. | 你就再也下不了那艘船了 |
[37:34] | I feel really stupid. | 我真觉得愚蠢 |
[37:40] | What am I gonna do? | 我该怎么办 |
[37:43] | Testify. | 作证 |
[37:45] | We’ll make a fair deal for you, | 我们会跟你做个交易 |
[37:46] | but you have to play straight with us, okay? | 但你要对我们说实话 好吗 |
[37:48] | I will. | 我会的 |
[37:51] | I promise. | 我保证 |
[37:55] | I believe you. | 我相信你 |
[38:16] | So what if I took the money? | 是我拿走了钱又怎样 |
[38:18] | My grandfather made it. It was mine by right. | 我祖父挣的钱 本来就该是我的 |
[38:22] | But Curtis wouldn’t have seen it that way, would he? | 但是柯蒂斯可不这么看 对吗 |
[38:25] | Curtis? Nosey little brat, that one. | 柯蒂斯 那是个爱管闲事小毛孩 |
[38:28] | Ever since he was a child. | 从他还是个孩子起就那样 |
[38:31] | And that’s why you contested the codicil. | 所以你才质疑遗嘱 |
[38:34] | You didn’t want Curtis on the foundation board. | 你不想让柯蒂斯进入基金会董事会 |
[38:36] | Him, judging me? Telling me how to run my foundation, | 让他对我品头论足 告诉我该如何管理我的基金会 |
[38:41] | spend my money? | 花我自己的钱 |
[38:42] | Would’ve been unendurable. | 那会让人无法忍受 |
[38:45] | So you hatched your plan. | 所以你策划了这一切 |
[38:47] | You found a doctor you could blackmail | 你找到一个可以勒索的医生 |
[38:48] | to get the pills you needed. | 得到你需要的药物 |
[38:50] | Uh, was Cayce in on the plan? | 凯西也参与了这个计划吗 |
[38:52] | I told her that Curtis and the rest of them | 我告诉她 柯蒂斯和其他人 |
[38:54] | were plotting against me, | 都在暗中加害我 |
[38:56] | that it was the only way I could escape. | 这是我逃脱的唯一办法 |
[38:59] | And she was already convinced that I was the mother | 她已经相信 我是她 |
[39:03] | she never had. | 从没有过的母亲 |
[39:07] | Girls like that are so naive and foolish. | 那样的女孩真是天真愚蠢 |
[39:11] | And what about Lissie Calhoun? | 那莉西·卡尔霍恩呢 |
[39:14] | Was she naive and foolish also? | 她也天真愚蠢吗 |
[39:18] | That was an unfortunate necessity. | 那是很不幸 可必需如此 |
[39:22] | But the woman was a tortured soul. | 那女人的灵魂备受折磨 |
[39:27] | What I did was an act of mercy. | 我的所为是善举 |
[39:32] | And, uh… I made sure that her death was a peaceful one. | 我让她死的很安详 |
[39:42] | You certainly did. | 当然了 |
[39:44] | Overdosing her on barbiturates and burning her to ash– | 对她下了过量的巴比妥 然后把她烧成灰 |
[39:46] | that is a peaceful way to go. | 真是安详的死法 |
[39:50] | Then all that was left was sending Cayce to Las Vegas | 然后就剩下让凯西去拉斯维加斯 |
[39:52] | to rent a room with the dead woman’s credit card | 用死去女人的信用卡租一间房 |
[39:55] | and planting evidence on your nephew. | 然后栽赃给你的侄子 |
[39:58] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[40:00] | That was rather fun. | 过程还挺有趣的 |
[40:04] | Even if it did mean having to enter | 就算这意味着要进入 |
[40:05] | that tacky little shop of theirs. | 他们那家俗气的小店 |
[40:10] | Curtis had been eyeing grandfather’s medals | 柯蒂斯从小时候起 就一直 |
[40:12] | since he was a boy. | 觊觎祖父的奖牌 |
[40:24] | Thank you, Mr. Jane. Thank you for saving my husband, | 谢谢你 简先生 感谢你救了我丈夫 |
[40:27] | despite your colleague’s best efforts to imprison him. | 虽然是你的同事竭尽全力让他入狱的 |
[40:37] | You can, uh, thank me | 你要真谢谢我 |
[40:38] | by forgiving my colleague, Agent Lisbon, | 就原谅我的同事里斯本探员 |
[40:41] | and keeping the old soldier’s home open. | 并且让退伍军人收容所继续营业吧 |
[40:43] | Oh, don’t worry. Soldiers’ home will stay open | 别担心 军人收容所会继续营业的 |
[40:45] | as long as there are veterans who need it. | 只要有退伍的老兵需要它 |
[40:48] | And we forgive you, Agent Lisbon. | 我们原谅你 里斯本探员 |
[40:51] | Thanks. | 多谢 |
[40:54] | Bye. | 拜 |
[40:58] | Bye. | 拜 |
[41:03] | What? | 什么呀 |
[41:04] | We followed the evidence. | 我们只是照着证据查下去了 |
[41:06] | You–you did. You… followed the evidence. | 是你 是你照着证据查下去了 |
[41:13] | Okay. Okay, I was wrong. | 好了 好了 我错了 |
[41:15] | But we followed the evidence. | 可我们的确是在照证据办事 |
[41:17] | You know what gave me second thoughts | 你知道我为什么会重新考虑 |
[41:19] | about Elise Vogelsong? | 伊利斯·沃格松的案子吗 |
[41:20] | She read too many murder mystery novels. | 她读了太多谋杀迷案的小说了 |
[41:23] | There you go. That’s not police work. | 这就对了 这不是警察办事的方式 |
[41:25] | That’s guessing. | 这只是猜测 |
[41:26] | You should try it sometime. | 有时你也该试试 |
[41:28] | Now I’m gonna pursue Red John. Ciao. | 现在我要去找血腥约翰了 再会 |