时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Fred, what happened? | 弗雷德 出什么事了 |
[00:07] | Good morning. Mitch Kessler, my cohost and partner of 15 years, | 早上好 米奇·凯斯勒 我的联合主播和15年的搭档 |
[00:11] | was fired today for sexual misconduct. | 今日因为不当性行为被解雇 |
[00:13] | My on-air partner, my TV husband, is a sexual predator now? | 我的直播搭档 我的荧屏丈夫现在成了性侵犯者 |
[00:18] | I didn’t rape anybody! | 我没有强暴任何人 |
[00:24] | Hannah, you said you were looking for stories | 汉娜 你说明天 |
[00:25] | about strong women tomorrow. | 想请强势的女性来上节目 |
[00:27] | Well, check this out. | 你来看看这个 |
[00:29] | Yeah? | 有事吗 |
[00:29] | You know you have over a million views on your video? | 你知道你的视频观看量破100万了吗 |
[00:32] | We wanna interview you about why the video is going viral. | 我们想采访你 探讨视频走红的原因 |
[00:35] | The Morning Show? | “晨间秀” |
[00:36] | I’m exhausted! | 我太疲惫了 |
[00:38] | You seem a lot more relaxed today. | 你今天看起来放松多了 |
[00:40] | Yeah, well, this is a whole lot nicer than a coal mine protest, | 是的 这比一场煤矿抗议好太多了 |
[00:43] | I’m not gonna lie. | 我说真的 |
[00:44] | I think people want to trust that the person | 我认为人们想要相信 |
[00:46] | that is telling them the truth about the world is an honest person. | 告知他们世界真相的那个人是个诚实的人 |
[00:50] | This is Cory Ellison. I’m the president of the UBA network. | 我是科利·埃里森 UBA网络的主席 |
[00:53] | How would you like to come and meet me for a drink | 和我碰面喝上一杯 |
[00:55] | and talk about your future? | 聊聊你的未来怎么样 |
[00:57] | Alex, they were going to replace you. | 艾利克斯 他们要换掉你 |
[00:59] | – What? – He came to me. | -什么 -他来找过我 |
[01:00] | They said they wanted to make a change. | 他们说想要做出改变 |
[01:02] | I don’t believe you. | 我不相信你 |
[03:59] | Bradley Jackson. | 布莱德利·杰克森 |
[04:01] | Thank you so much for coming to meet me on such short notice. | 谢谢你临时赶过来见我 |
[04:03] | Come on. You’re the head of two divisions of a network. | 太客气了 你可是电视网两个部门的大佬 |
[04:06] | You don’t have to pretend to appreciate me dropping everything to show up. | 你不用假装欣赏我丢下手里的事情跑来 |
[04:10] | You expect that, right? | 你这么期望的吧 |
[04:12] | I’ll have bourbon on the rocks. Thanks. | 我要一杯加冰波本 谢谢 |
[04:16] | So, what’s this about? Late night meeting at a hotel… | 到底有何贵干 酒店夜会… |
[04:21] | No, you see, sorry, I’m one of those strange guys | 不是 对不起 我不是那种人 |
[04:24] | who only likes sleeping with women who are actually attracted to him. | 我不会跟被吸引来的女人上床 |
[04:26] | So, no, I’m not hitting on you. | 所以我没想撩你 |
[04:27] | – You see that woman over there? – Yeah. | -看到那边那个女人了吗 -看到了 |
[04:29] | That’s Cecily. She’s my New York assistant. | 那是塞西莉 我的纽约助手 |
[04:33] | I’m sleeping with her. | 我跟她有一腿 |
[04:35] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:36] | That was a joke. | 开个玩笑 |
[04:39] | I’m not worried. I don’t scare easily. | 没事儿 我不会轻易被吓到 |
[04:41] | – Well, that’s abundantly clear. – Thank you. | -看出来了 -谢谢 |
[04:43] | – Thank you. – I guess they know you here. | -谢谢 -这里的人认识你吧 |
[04:45] | Yeah, I come here a lot. | 对 我是这里的常客 |
[04:47] | So, Bradley, what is your story? | 布莱德利 你都有些什么经历 |
[04:51] | – My story? – Yeah. | -我的经历吗 -对 |
[04:52] | Who knows? I mean, it’s probably the same as a lot of people’s stories. | 谁知道呢 可能跟很多人的经历相似 |
[04:56] | Kid grows up in the country around a bunch of cows and cornfields | 在乡间田野里长大 有牛群麦田为伴 |
[04:59] | and dreams of a life that’s less about manure and more about ideas, | 梦想着少点牛粪 多点主意 |
[05:04] | things that matter. | 多点重要的事情的日子 |
[05:06] | Only to grow up and realize manure matters a whole lot. | 长大后才发现牛粪特别重要 |
[05:11] | Actually, I don’t think that’s the same as a lot of stories at all. | 其实我觉得你的经历很独特 |
[05:16] | What’s your story? | 你的人生经历呢 |
[05:19] | I’m probably not supposed to ask you questions | 也许我不该向你提问 |
[05:21] | ’cause you’re technically important, but… What the hell? You know? | 毕竟你举足轻重 可是… 谁管那么多啊 |
[05:25] | Wow, being “technically important” is about the best description | “举足轻重”是我身为电视网高层 |
[05:27] | of a network executive I’ve ever heard. | 听过的最佳描述 |
[05:29] | What is my story? Smart kid, dad left, I took care of my mom, | 我的经历吗 我从小聪明伶俐 爸爸离家出走 我负责照顾妈妈 |
[05:33] | I vowed to own the world one day and | 我发誓要拥有全世界 |
[05:35] | kick everyone’s ass into submission. | 让所有人对我俯首称臣 |
[05:38] | How’s that working out for you? | 感觉怎么样 |
[05:40] | Pretty well, actually. | 其实挺不错的 |
[05:42] | Well, cheers to that. | 恭喜你了 |
[05:44] | Hell, yeah. | 谢谢 |
[05:47] | So, what do you want from me? | 你想从我这里得到什么 |
[05:50] | Do you treat every business meeting | 你每次参加商务会议 |
[05:52] | like you’re being interrogated by an enemy camp? | 都要这么如临大敌吗 |
[05:54] | If you’re even a little bit smart, | 要是你稍微聪明点 |
[05:56] | you know that’s what all business meetings are. | 你该知道商务会议是什么德行 |
[05:58] | Then why aren’t you further along in your career at this point, | 既然你这么有悟性 为什么到了这个节骨眼上 |
[06:00] | if you’re so savvy? | 你的职业生涯依然止步不前 |
[06:04] | “At this point”? You mean I’m too old | “这个节骨眼” 你是说我年纪太大 |
[06:06] | to be the young, feisty journalist? | 不能做年轻活跃的记者了 |
[06:07] | I should have landed somewhere more substantial by now? | 我应该做更实质性的工作 |
[06:10] | Maybe. | 也许吧 |
[06:12] | You’re incredibly smart, you’re interesting, | 你聪明绝顶 幽默风趣 |
[06:14] | you’ve got that “it” thing we’re always looking for in this business. | 你有我们这一行追求的”那种”特质 |
[06:17] | What is it? What’s held you back? | 是什么 什么东西拖了你的后腿 |
[06:21] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[06:23] | I mean, probably what you see as something “fresh” in me | 也许你在我身上看到的某种”新鲜”的东西 |
[06:26] | is probably what held me back. | 拖了我的后腿 |
[06:28] | I don’t think like other people. | 我的思维方式异于常人 |
[06:31] | I say whatever I mean. I don’t play games. I don’t fit the mold. | 我心直口快 我不喜欢虚与委蛇 我不符合固有模式 |
[06:35] | What mold is that? | 什么模式 |
[06:36] | Any mold, really. | 任何模式 |
[06:37] | Oh, right. A weirdo. | 原来如此 怪胎 |
[06:40] | – What? – I don’t mean that in a bad way. | -什么 -我不是骂你 |
[06:43] | You just wanted to meet me in person to see if I was crazy or not. | 你就想亲眼看看我疯没疯 |
[06:49] | I can see why you do good interviews. | 我明白你为什么采访这么厉害了 |
[06:51] | Thanks, I do. | 谢谢夸奖 |
[06:52] | So, aside from wondering if you were crazy, | 除了想知道你疯没疯 |
[06:55] | here’s the other reason that I wanted to meet you: | 我想见你还出于另一个原因 |
[06:57] | I think we might be able to use you as a | 我觉得我们也许能聘请你 |
[06:59] | field correspondent on The Morning Show. | 来担任”晨间秀”的现场记者 |
[07:04] | What, you might be able to? | 等等 你们”也许能” |
[07:06] | Well, I’ve looked into your past a little bit. | 我稍微调查了一下你的过去 |
[07:09] | – You have moved jobs a lot. – Yeah. | -你跳过很多次槽 -对 |
[07:11] | You have a bit of a colorful local history… | 而且你还有点黑历史… |
[07:13] | Okay, Two-Fucks Jackson is… I can explain that… | 好吧 “两度爆粗杰克森”是… 我可以解释… |
[07:17] | “Two-Fucks” what? | “两度爆粗”什么 |
[07:18] | – What? – What? No, I said it first. | -什么 -什么 不是 我先说的 |
[07:21] | No, I was just kidding. | 我只是开个玩笑 |
[07:23] | I definitely wanna hear about Two-Fucks Jackson. | 我很想听听”两度爆粗杰克森”的故事 |
[07:25] | But right now… | 但是现在… |
[07:26] | right now I’m just trying to decide if I should give you a chance. | 现在我想决定是否该给你一个机会 |
[07:30] | I wanna use this Mitch Kessler scandal to reinvent ourselves. | 我想利用此次米奇·凯斯勒丑闻来改造新闻部 |
[07:34] | I want smart people with fresh perspectives. | 我需要视角新颖的聪明人 |
[07:37] | Are you offering me a job right now? | 你现在要给我一份工作吗 |
[07:39] | Well, I don’t wanna step on my producer’s toes, | 我可不想得罪我的制片人 |
[07:42] | but I have arranged a meeting for you with Charlie Black tomorrow. | 但是我安排了你明天跟查理·布莱克的会面 |
[07:45] | He’s the executive producer of The Morning Show. | 他是”晨间秀”的执行制片人 |
[07:46] | – I know who he is. – Course you do. | -我知道他是谁 -当然了 |
[07:48] | Can you be ready for a 9:30 meeting tomorrow morning? | 你能明早9点半去见他吗 |
[07:51] | I can do that. | 没问题 |
[07:55] | Good. | 很好 |
[07:56] | Thank you for this. | 谢谢你 |
[07:57] | That’s it? I don’t get to hear about Two-Fucks Jackson? | 这就完了 我还想听你讲”两度爆粗杰克森”的故事呢 |
[07:59] | Another night. I gotta start prepping. I take my work really seriously. | 下次吧 我得开始做准备了 我对待工作很严谨的 |
[08:03] | – I knew I liked you. – Hey. | -我就知道我喜欢你 -喂 |
[08:05] | You don’t know me. | 你不了解我 |
[08:32] | Jason. | 杰森 |
[08:34] | What are you doing here? | 你来干什么 |
[08:35] | You cannot just come over like this anymore. | 你不能再这样跑来 |
[08:38] | Alex, for fuck’s sake, | 艾利克斯 真是醉了 |
[08:39] | I have had our daughter on the phone, freaking out, | 我们的女儿打电话给我 她快要急哭了 |
[08:42] | asking if I know where you are. | 她问我知不知道你在哪 |
[08:45] | Okay, well, here I am. | 别慌 我在这里 |
[08:47] | I’m home, and I’m fine. | 我回家了 安然无恙 |
[08:49] | I’ll call Lizzy, and I’ll tell her that I’m fine. Thank you. | 我会联系丽兹 我会告诉她我没事 谢谢你 |
[08:52] | Where have you been? | 你去哪了 |
[08:54] | I was just… I couldn’t sleep. | 我只是… 睡不着觉 |
[08:57] | I couldn’t sleep, so I just went for a walk in the park. | 我睡不着觉 就去公园里走了走 |
[09:03] | You went for a walk in the park in the middle of the night? | 你大半夜去公园走了走 |
[09:05] | – Yeah. – In the rain? | -对 -还淋着雨 |
[09:08] | – What is going on with you, Alex? – What… | -你怎么回事 艾利克斯 -干嘛… |
[09:10] | – Are you okay? – Yes. I’m okay. | -你还好吗 -我很好 |
[09:13] | I went for a walk in the middle of the night. | 我大半夜出去散了个步 |
[09:17] | When else can I go for a walk in the park without anybody bothering me? | 不然我还能什么时候出去清净地散步 |
[09:20] | Why are you looking at me like that? I… | 你为什么那么看着我 我… |
[09:22] | Please, I’ve had the worst day of my life. | 拜托 我刚经历了这辈子最糟心的一天 |
[09:25] | I haven’t had a chance to process anything. | 我没机会消化任何事情 |
[09:28] | So I went for a fucking walk. | 所以我他妈出去遛了个弯 |
[09:29] | – Okay, okay. Good. Yes. – It’s fine. | -好吧 很好 -没什么大不了 |
[09:32] | I will see you tomorrow night for the event. | 明晚活动前再见 |
[09:36] | The fucking event. | 操蛋的活动 |
[09:38] | Yes. I’m looking forward to it as well. | 对 我也非常期待 |
[09:40] | – Are you? – Yeah. Good night. | -真的吗 -真的 晚安 |
[10:12] | 好莱坞报道 米奇·凯斯勒#我也是#事件披露 &艾利克斯·利维的回应令”晨间秀”收视率暴涨 | |
[10:12] | 华尔街日报 米奇·凯斯勒事件余波难平 广告客户会否继续支持UBA”晨间秀” | |
[10:12] | 纽约时报 深入探究米奇·凯斯勒指控事件 — 一位女性讲述与业界陨星的过往 | |
[11:33] | Okay. | 行吧 |
[11:36] | Oh, fuck. | 操 |
[11:59] | Oh, God. | 妈的 |
[12:08] | I pushed all your calls because after the show | 我推了你所有的来电 因为节目之后 |
[12:10] | you’ll meet with the UBA PR team to review your speech for tonight. | 你要见UBA公关团队 审查你今晚的演讲内容 |
[12:13] | – They reviewed that last week. – It’s from Fred’s office. | -他们上周审查过 -弗雷德办公室要求的 |
[12:15] | Can’t wait to see you get that award. I just got a new dress for it. | 等不及看你得奖了 我特意买了条新裙子 |
[12:17] | I can’t wait to see it. | 我很期待 |
[12:19] | Hair and makeup at your house at 3:00. I put it in your calendar. | 发型师和化妆师3点钟到你家 我记到你的日程里了 |
[12:21] | I don’t care if it came from Fred’s office. | 我不在乎是否是弗雷德办公室的要求 |
[12:23] | I know what I wanna say, and I don’t need them rewriting it today. | 我知道我想说什么 我不用他们今天修改讲稿 |
[12:26] | Please go call them. | 请你联系他们 |
[12:27] | You can’t blame them for being a little nervous about your speech. | 你不能怪他们这么紧张你的演讲 |
[12:30] | This is the first time you’re in public since this whole thing happened. | 这是出事之后你第一次出现在公开场合 |
[12:33] | Wait. What? You mean you think accepting an | 等等 怎么了 你的意思是说 |
[12:35] | award for leadership in journalism | 在我15年的联合搭档 |
[12:36] | two days after my cohost of 15 years is | 因为不当性行为被开除两天后 |
[12:39] | fired for predatory behavior is touchy? | 我去领个新闻领袖奖很敏感吗 |
[12:42] | That event is gonna be a roomful of | 那场活动上会聚集着 |
[12:44] | vultures waiting for you to fuck up… | 一大群秃鹫等你出岔子… |
[12:46] | Why are you stressing me out like this? Honestly. | 说真的 你干嘛给我这么大压力 |
[12:49] | Why don’t you just give me a stroke by 7:00? Then I won’t have to go. | 要不你7点前给我想个办法 那我就不用去了 |
[12:51] | I need to get out of this! | 我需要逃避一下 |
[12:53] | I understand. But I… | 我明白 可是我… |
[12:54] | – I need this. – Okay. | -我接个电话 -好吧 |
[12:58] | Hey, Sarah. | 萨拉 |
[12:59] | Did you call me at 4:00 this morning? | 你凌晨4点给我打电话了吗 |
[13:01] | I just woke up and saw this message flashing. | 我刚醒就看到有未接来电 |
[13:04] | Yeah. | 对 |
[13:06] | Okay… I need to ask you something. | 好吧… 我有话要问你 |
[13:11] | In your opinion, | 你觉得 |
[13:13] | the way that the network has been dragging | 电视网一直拖着 |
[13:15] | their feet on closing my new deal… | 敲定我的新合约… |
[13:19] | does that suggest… | 是否说明… |
[13:22] | anything unusual going on? | 出了幺蛾子 |
[13:26] | Like what? | 比如说 |
[13:27] | Um, like, um… | 比如… |
[13:31] | them trying to replace me? | 他们想把我换掉 |
[13:34] | Or thinking about replacing me? | 或者考虑换掉我 |
[13:36] | Well, it’s never a good thing. | 反正不是好事 |
[13:39] | But it doesn’t necessarily mean anything like that. | 但是不一定就是这样 |
[13:43] | The good news is you have them by the short hairs now. | 好消息是 他们现在完全受你摆布 |
[13:45] | They need you in a big way. | 他们非常需要你 |
[13:48] | Okay, you gotta get that deal closed. | 好吧 你赶紧把合约谈拢 |
[13:50] | And I want every single thing we asked for. | 我们的每一个要求都必须得到满足 |
[13:54] | Are you all right? | 你还好吧 |
[13:55] | I’m fine. I’m fine. | 我很好 |
[13:57] | Why does everyone keep asking me that? | 怎么每个人都这么问我呢 |
[13:59] | I just want what I asked for. | 我只是想要我要求的东西 |
[14:02] | And the most important thing is cohost approval. | 最重要的是自主选择联合主播 |
[14:06] | Sarah, I just need to be able to control the narrative | 萨拉 我需要能够掌控主动权 |
[14:08] | so that I’m not written out of it. | 免得被剔除出局 |
[14:11] | Alex, why are you afraid of this all of a sudden? | 艾利克斯 你为什么忽然惊慌起来了 |
[14:13] | It’s just a feeling. | 就是有种感觉 |
[14:15] | But it is really, really important. | 但是这个非常重要 |
[14:17] | Cohost approval. | 自主选择联合主播 |
[14:19] | You gotta push that through. And I mean it. | 你得继续努力 我是认真的 |
[14:22] | Get that. | 要争取到 |
[14:23] | And I wanna hear the minute that you hear back from them | 你一得到消息就要立刻告诉我 |
[14:26] | and not when you feel that I can hear it. | 而不是你认为我能知道的时候 |
[14:29] | Okay? | 懂吗 |
[14:30] | Okay. | 懂了 |
[14:37] | Yeah. Right. | 好吧 |
[14:38] | I never sent a message that I thought was inappropriate. | 我从没发过任何我认为不恰当的信息 |
[14:41] | These women who have come forward did think it was inappropriate. | 这些主动的女人觉得不恰当 |
[14:44] | Do you think that that’s valid? Do you think their response is valid? | 你觉得那合理吗 你觉得她们的回应合理吗 |
[14:49] | Of course. | 当然 |
[14:51] | But these women never complained to me about this behavior. | 可是这些女人从未跟我抱怨过这种行为 |
[14:54] | Yes, but you were their boss. | 对 可你曾是她们的上司 |
[14:56] | You were in a position of authority. | 你握着权力 |
[14:58] | Do you think that you created an environment | 你认为你创造了一个环境 |
[15:00] | where they felt comfortable coming forward? | 让她们愿意投怀送抱吗 |
[15:05] | Hey. What are you… No, no. | 喂 你干什… 不行 |
[15:09] | – We can’t do this here. – But, Daddy, I want it now. | -我们不能在这里这么做 -但是爸爸 我现在就想要 |
[15:11] | – Come on, no. – Give it to me, Daddy. | -别这样 -给我吧 爸爸 |
[15:13] | – Please, Daddy. – Come on, no Veruca Salt today. Not here. | -求你了 爸爸 -别这样 今天别当维鲁卡·索尔特 别在这里 |
[15:16] | – Come on. – Give me what I want. Give me… | -别这样 -满足我的愿望吧 给我… |
[15:20] | Claire. | 克莱尔 |
[15:22] | – You don’t get to say no, remember? – Claire, please. | -说”不”是不行的 还记得吗 -克莱尔 拜托 |
[15:24] | You want me to stop, you’re gonna have to use the safe word. | 想让我停下就得说安全词 |
[15:27] | Okay, “climate change.” | 好吧 “气候变化” |
[15:31] | – You are serious. – I am. I’m dead serious. All right? | -你是认真的 -没错 我非常认真 行了吧 |
[15:43] | Okay. Come on. | 好吧 让开 |
[15:44] | No locked doors, okay? You know how bad that would look with you… | 别锁门 懂吗 你知道跟你在一起… |
[15:47] | Couldn’t we be having a private conversation? | 我们就不能私下谈个话吗 |
[15:49] | – Come on. – You know, I need advice about my career. | -别这样 -我需要一点职业建议 |
[15:51] | You don’t need a locked door for that. | 那也用不着锁门啊 |
[15:53] | You don’t need a locked door except for one thing. | 除了干一件事 其他情况都不用锁门 |
[15:56] | You know you and I are something different from… Right? | 你知道我们的关系跟那啥不一样吧… |
[15:58] | I know that, and you know that. Nobody else would know that. | 我知你知 没人会知道 |
[16:04] | Come on, we have to be so fucking careful. | 别这样 我们必须万分小心 |
[16:08] | Or we go to HR right now and just tell ’em. | 不然我们马上去人事部告诉他们 |
[16:10] | Well, that would be mortifying. | 那就太难为情了 |
[16:13] | I mean, what would it look like? | 外人会怎么看 |
[16:17] | You mean that I’m having a serious relationship | 你是说 我跟一个年龄只有我一半 |
[16:21] | with a woman half my age who is the PA? | 而且还是助理的女人正经谈恋爱吗 |
[16:24] | You think that might seem bad? | 你觉得那很糟糕吗 |
[16:29] | What are you saying? | 你说什么呢 |
[16:31] | – Hey. What’s up? Morning. – Good morning. | -你好啊 早啊 -早啊 |
[16:33] | – You ready for me? – Yeah, of course. Come on in. | -你在等我吗 -当然了 快进来吧 |
[16:35] | Come on and get… Thank you. You can leave that here. | 进来… 谢谢 那个可以留下 |
[16:38] | Oh, yeah. Of course. | 当然了 |
[16:39] | Thanks for researching the volcano info. I really appreciate that. | 谢谢你调查火山信息 非常感谢 |
[16:41] | Yeah, cool. Let me know if anything else | 客气 要是别的火山喷发 |
[16:43] | erupts that you need me to do research on. | 需要调查的话 记得找我 |
[16:45] | – Will do. You got it. – Good. | -没问题 -很好 |
[16:48] | But more importantly, and most importantly, | 但更重要的是 最重要的是 |
[16:50] | we want to ensure a safe working environment | 我们需要为”晨间秀”的全体人员 |
[16:52] | for everyone who works on The Morning Show. | 提供一个安全的工作环境 |
[16:55] | No one here knew what was going on right under our noses. | 没人知道我们眼皮子底下正在发生什么 |
[16:58] | The next few weeks are gonna be rough. We are clearly in triage. | 未来几周会很难熬 我们显然还在”验伤分类” |
[17:01] | We need to be stabilized by the time sweeps start. That’s in… | 我们要在清扫期开始前稳住阵脚 大概是… |
[17:05] | – Three weeks. – Right. | -三周后 -没错 |
[17:07] | I won’t lie to you, we are in a bad place. | 老实说 我们处境艰难 |
[17:09] | Jobs, the show, | 工作 节目 |
[17:11] | the network itself literally hang in the balance. | 电视网已经岌岌可危了 |
[17:14] | – It’s not, though. – These guys, Your Day, America… | -还没呢 -这些人 “今朝美国”… |
[17:17] | Dangerously close to us in the ratings. | 直逼我们的收视率 |
[17:20] | And that isn’t bullshit, that is ad money. | 那可不是小事 都是广告费啊 |
[17:23] | Ad money that supports this network, supports your jobs… | 广告费养活这家公司 养活你们… |
[17:27] | supports your families. | 养活你们的家庭 |
[17:29] | We’re gonna be working round the clock at | 我们要加班加点 |
[17:31] | the network to find America’s new family, | 找到美国新的家庭 |
[17:33] | and I expect all and everything from each one of you in the meantime. | 同时我希望各位都能尽最大的努力 |
[17:38] | Great, thank you so much, Fred. All right, everybody, let’s get to it. | 很好 非常感谢 弗雷德 各位 干活吧 |
[17:46] | Where are we with her deal? | 她的合约谈到哪儿了 |
[17:48] | She’s holding on cohost approval. But we’re handling it. | 她坚持要自主选择联合主播 但是我们正在处理 |
[17:51] | Jesus. She’s delusional. | 天呐 她可真会做梦 |
[17:53] | Start putting together a list of names, | 开始列名单 |
[17:55] | men who can sit next to Alex for now | 找能暂时搭档艾利克斯 |
[17:57] | and also work with someone younger once she’s gone. | 以及她走之后 能与年轻女主播搭档的男主持 |
[18:00] | Maybe a couple of women too, for optics in case it leaks. | 也许可以再找几个女主持 以免走漏风声 |
[18:02] | Couple of days ahead of you. The list is already in progress. | 几天前就已经开始准备名单了 |
[18:05] | Anything else? | 还有别的事吗 |
[18:09] | You know, when you were assigned the news division, | 你被指派去新闻部门的时候 |
[18:12] | we didn’t know we would be facing the biggest crisis in our history. | 我们都不知道会面对有史以来最大的危机 |
[18:16] | Some people would say maybe you should have. | 有人会说 也许你们应该预见到 |
[18:21] | I know what you’re doing. | 我知道你在耍什么花招 |
[18:23] | The fact that you just started here | 你刚刚来到这里 |
[18:25] | doesn’t give you the leverage you think. | 并不会给你你以为的影响力 |
[18:26] | I’m not looking for leverage, Fred, I’m just stating the obvious. | 我寻求的并不是影响力 弗雷德 我只是说出明显的事实 |
[18:30] | It would have been better if we knew, so we could have stopped it. | 我们提前知道会更好一点 就能阻止这件事发生 |
[18:35] | But we didn’t know. Right? | 但是我们不知道 对吧 |
[18:40] | Right. | 对 |
[18:52] | – Fucker. – Hey, I got something good. | -妈的 -我有个好消息 |
[18:54] | Yeah? What’s up? | 是吗 是什么 |
[18:55] | I got some insider info. | 我得到了一些内幕 |
[18:58] | YDA booked one of Mitch’s victims for next week. | YDA下周要邀请米奇的一位受害者 |
[19:00] | – Who? – Ashley Brown. | -谁 -阿什莉·布朗 |
[19:03] | Ashley in sound tech? Jesus, it’s been a while. | 负责声音的阿什莉吗 天呐 都这么久了 |
[19:05] | You think you can get her back here after all that? | 你觉得出事之后 你还能把她争取回来吗 |
[19:07] | I’m gonna pull out all the stops. | 我会全力以赴 |
[19:09] | I know this is huge for us. | 我知道这对我们很重要 |
[19:10] | You have no idea what I already did to get this info. | 你不知道为了这条内幕我做了什么 |
[19:12] | You know what? Please don’t tell me that. I really don’t want… | 你知道吗 求你别告诉我 我真不想… |
[19:14] | Okay, fine. I found it in a fortune cookie. | 行吧 我在幸运饼干里找到的 |
[19:16] | Sorry. You’re right. This is obviously huge. | 抱歉 你说得对 这件事的确很重要 |
[19:20] | YDA can’t be booking one of our victims for a million fucking reasons. | 无论出于什么理由 YDA都不能预约我们的受害者 |
[19:25] | Do whatever you have to do. | 把你的手段都使出来吧 |
[19:27] | I’m on it, boss. | 得令 老大 |
[19:28] | – Rena. – Yes? | -瑞娜 -怎么了 |
[19:30] | Where is today’s schedule? | 今天的日程表呢 |
[19:33] | I’m looking for it… | 我正在找… |
[19:34] | You mean this one that says “today’s schedule”? | 你是说这个写着”今日行程”的东西吗 |
[19:37] | – Yes. Fuck you very much. – No problem. | -没错 谢你全家 -客气 |
[19:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:41] | “Seven…” Why are we doing this in sev… | “七…” 我们为什么要… |
[19:43] | Rena, can you get Mia? | 瑞娜 能联系一下米娅吗 |
[19:45] | Only seven fucking minutes to do this… | 只他妈剩七分钟了… |
[19:47] | Hey, how you hanging in there? | 你还能坚持住吗 |
[19:48] | Um, I can’t feel my body I’m so stressed out. | 我感觉不到我的身体 我压力太大了 |
[19:51] | I’m like a brain floating in space with a phone in my hand. | 我感觉自己是个浮在太空的大脑 手上还有手机 |
[19:54] | That sounds about right. Listen, I want you | 听上去还行 听着 我需要你 |
[19:56] | to meet Bradley Jackson today. | 今天去见布莱德利·杰克森 |
[19:58] | Wait. Bradley Jackson who did the show yesterday? What the hell for? | 等等 昨天上节目的布莱德利·杰克森吗 为什么 |
[20:02] | We’re gonna be grooming some new people, trying different things. | 我们要培养一些新人 做点不同的尝试 |
[20:05] | It is a good time to start grooming some new people, | 现在时机正好 |
[20:07] | and I think she’d be a good correspondent, possibly. | 我想她应该会是个出色的记者 |
[20:11] | Yeah. No, I understand it’s always good to be grooming people, but… | 是啊 不 我明白培养新人总是好事 但… |
[20:15] | I mean, right now? | 现在吗 |
[20:17] | Plus, you saw her viral video, right? | 另外 你看过她的热门视频了吧 |
[20:18] | I mean, a correspondent? I don’t… | 记者 我可… |
[20:20] | I did see it. | 我能想得到 |
[20:22] | I saw it, and so did five million other people, | 我想得到 五百万观众同样想得到 |
[20:24] | because it was incredibly fucking entertaining. | 因为这其中非常有娱乐性 |
[20:27] | She also went toe-to-toe with Alex Levy. | 她还和艾利克斯·利维争锋相对 |
[20:30] | Not easy to do. We need to open our minds, Chipper. | 这可不简单 我们得开阔思维 奇普 |
[20:33] | Come on. What’s worked in the past isn’t working now. | 你知道的 过去的那套现在不管用了 |
[20:37] | My office set it for 9:30. Let me know how it goes. | 我约了她9点半在我办公室见面 有情况告诉我 |
[20:42] | – Great. – Good. | -好 -好的 |
[20:50] | Yep. | 你说 |
[20:55] | No. | 不行 |
[20:58] | Push back. | 推了 |
[21:02] | No coanchor approval. | 她无权选搭档 |
[21:06] | It’s never gonna happen. | 绝不可能 |
[21:14] | No. No. We’re still on schedule. | 不不 一切仍按点进行 |
[21:16] | I’m gonna get your car to take you uptown for your mani-pedi. | 我会让你的车送你去上城区美甲 |
[21:18] | – Okay, good. – You like Julie, right? | -好的 没问题 -你挺喜欢朱莉的吧 |
[21:19] | – Yeah, she’s fine. – She does great work. | -是啊 她不错 -她活干得不错 |
[21:21] | And is Lizzy all set for after school? | 丽兹一放学就能来吧 |
[21:24] | Yes, she is. She’s gonna meet you there and she’s very excited. | 是的 她跟你在那碰面 她可激动了 |
[21:27] | Okay, good. | 好的 很好 |
[21:28] | – Last looks! – Hi, good morning. | -最后确认 -早上好 |
[21:29] | Revised pages. Here. | 修改好的新闻稿 放这了 |
[21:30] | – Sarah calling. Now? No? – Thank you. | -莎拉打电话来了 现在要接吗 -谢谢 |
[21:32] | – Sorry? – Here’s Sarah. | -你说什么 -莎拉打电话来了 |
[21:33] | Oh, yes, now. | 我现在接 |
[21:35] | Sorry. Thank you. | 抱歉 谢谢 |
[21:37] | Hey, Sarah, I’m just about to go on air. Did they cave? | 莎拉 我马上上节目了 他们妥协没 |
[21:41] | No. They’re sticking to their guns. | 没有 他们不肯让步 |
[21:43] | No cohost approval. | 你不能选搭档 |
[21:46] | I’m gonna call you back after the show. | 我录完节目给你打电话 |
[21:51] | Can you hold that? | 能帮我拿着吗 |
[22:03] | Alex, where are you going? | 艾利克斯 你去哪 |
[22:04] | Alex, do you need something? | 艾利克斯 需要帮忙吗 |
[22:06] | – Is everything okay? – I’m all good. | -一切还好吗 -我没事 |
[22:09] | – Okay, well, he can’t go from… – Hey. | -好的 他不能从… -嘿 |
[22:12] | What are you doing? We’re live in 90 seconds. | 你做什么 还有90秒就直播了 |
[22:14] | I need to talk to Chip. I need to talk to you. | 我要跟奇普谈 我有话跟你说 |
[22:16] | What is happening? ‘Cause you’re supposed | 怎么了 你还有一分钟 |
[22:17] | to be on the air in, like, a minute. | 就该录节目了 |
[22:19] | – Yeah, listen. – What? | -是的 听我说 -什么 |
[22:21] | I need your word that you will wrap up my negotiation. | 你得跟我保证 你会帮我达成协议 |
[22:25] | I know you’re scared, okay. | 我知道你很害怕 好吗 |
[22:26] | The whole Mitch thing has turned everything upside down… | 米奇的事让一切都乱套了… |
[22:28] | Can I… Why does no one get this? | 我能… 怎么就没人明白呢 |
[22:31] | The Mitch days… They’re over, all right? | 米奇的时代… 已经结束了 好吗 |
[22:34] | I would like hands-on control from this point on. | 从现在起我要自己说了算 |
[22:37] | I want cohost approval. | 我要有能挑搭档的权利 |
[22:40] | Otherwise, I’m not going on the air. | 不然我就不去录节目 |
[22:45] | Let’s walk to the stage. We’ll just walk. | 我们走到台上去 先走着 |
[22:47] | – We can walk. – We’ll walk, okay? | -走可以 -先走过去 好吗 |
[22:49] | But I’m not going on air unless you promise me. | 但除非你跟我保证 不然我不录节目 |
[22:51] | – Can I explain something to you? – Sure. | -我能跟你解释一下吗 -当然 |
[22:53] | You pulling this stunt, with the network right now, | 你现在跟电视网来这套 |
[22:55] | is not gonna make them promise you anything. | 并不能从他们那赢来任何许诺 |
[22:56] | It’s gonna make them think you are fucking losing it. | 只会让他们觉得你失控了 |
[22:58] | Well, maybe you have to lose it sometimes | 也许有时就是得失控一下 |
[23:00] | to get people to take you seriously. | 才会有人把你当回事 |
[23:04] | I’ve known you 15 years, Chip. | 我认识你15年了 奇普 |
[23:06] | We came up the ranks together. For better, for worse. | 我们一起取得了成功 同享乐 共患难 |
[23:10] | Lately it’s been for worse, but whatever. | 最近算是共患难 但这都无所谓 |
[23:13] | You are the only person that I know that can push this through for me. | 你是我认识的唯一能帮我搞定这次协商的人 |
[23:17] | And I know if you promise me, you’ll do it. | 我知道如果你答应我 你就一定能做到 |
[23:20] | So, you’ve gotta promise me, Chip. | 所以你得答应我 奇普 |
[23:22] | Thirty seconds, guys. | 还有三十秒 各位 |
[23:24] | I am trying to protect you, | 我是想保护你 |
[23:26] | but you are putting me in an impossible situation. | 但你这样让我很为难 |
[23:28] | I can’t promise you I can push this through! I can’t. I just… | 我不能跟你保证帮你谈拢 我不能 我就是… |
[23:31] | You got Alison and Yanko. Let them go on. | 这里有艾莉森 有扬科 让他们上 |
[23:34] | I’m not going on. | 我不上去 |
[23:35] | And I don’t want you to protect me, I’d like you to respect me. | 我不想你保护我 我希望你尊重我 |
[23:39] | What, did you read this on a card? What are you… | 什么情况 这是你预先准备好的台词吗 你… |
[23:41] | Twenty seconds. | 二十秒 |
[23:42] | I’m ready to fill in. | 我随时可以顶替 |
[23:44] | – There, Alison. There you go. – No. | -上吧 艾莉森 尽管上 -不行 |
[23:47] | They’re… They’re gonna think you are crazy. | 他们… 他们会觉得你疯了 |
[23:50] | I’m not going on air. | 我不录节目 |
[23:52] | Ten seconds. | 十秒 |
[23:54] | Nine… | 九… |
[23:56] | eight… | 八… |
[23:59] | seven… | 七… |
[24:00] | All right, I promise… Fine, fine! Go! Sit, butt in chair! | 好吧 我保证… 行吧 行吧 去吧 快坐下 |
[24:05] | Five, four, three, two… | 五 四 三 二… |
[24:11] | Good morning. I’m Alex Levy. | 早上好 我是艾利克斯·利维 |
[24:14] | And I’m Daniel Henderson. | 我是丹尼尔·亨德森 |
[24:16] | And here are our top stories. | 下面是头条新闻 |
[24:27] | Bradley Jackson. | 我是布莱德利·杰克森 |
[24:30] | Have a meeting with Charlie Black. | 和查理·布莱克有约 |
[24:33] | Does he go by Chip, or Charlie, or? | 他是叫奇普 还是查理 还是什么 |
[24:35] | Well, Charlie is his professional name, but he does go by Chip. | 查理是他的正式名字 但一般都喊他奇普 |
[24:38] | Okay, okay. Well, then I have a meeting with Charlie Chip. | 好吧 好吧 我跟查理·奇普有约 |
[24:46] | Chip, you looking for me? | 奇普 你在找我吗 |
[24:49] | Yeah. Can you walk with me? | 是的 我们边走边说吧 |
[24:51] | Second day in the anchor chair, I think it went pretty well. | 做主播的第二天 我觉得很顺利 |
[24:54] | I’m really excited about The Twist today. | 真期待今天的”扭腰舞” |
[24:56] | – Can I give you some advice? – Sure. | -能听听我的建议吗 -好啊 |
[24:58] | – There are opportunities opening up here. – Yeah. | -现在有大把机会在面前 -是的 |
[25:00] | You know what Mitch had going for him? | 你知道米奇的长处在哪吗 |
[25:02] | He was that guy you didn’t mind being | 他是那种你被扣在车管所时 |
[25:04] | stuck at the DMV next to, you know. | 不会介意他坐旁边的人 懂吗 |
[25:06] | Easygoing, light touch, smart, yes, but easy. | 随和 云淡风轻 聪明绝顶 但更重要的是淡然 |
[25:09] | Now, I think you’re great. | 我觉得你很棒 |
[25:10] | Probably the best real journalist we have in the building. | 可能是我们这最棒的新闻工作者 |
[25:13] | But I overheard you having this debate in the hall. | 但我听说你在礼堂里言辞激烈 |
[25:15] | I know how you feel about the Gilmore Girls musical | 我知道你觉得音乐剧”吉尔莫女孩” |
[25:18] | being neo-pro-life rights propaganda, and I get it. | 是对反堕胎的宣传 我懂 |
[25:22] | All I’m gonna say is, don’t fucking say it. | 我只想说 别他妈说出来 |
[25:24] | That shit is not gonna get you the coanchor chair, okay? | 这种屁话不会让你赢得联合主播的位置 明白吗 |
[25:27] | You got a lot going for yourself in this race. | 你在这次竞争里很有优势 |
[25:29] | The brass is looking at everybody closely. | 上头正密切观察着大家的一举一动 |
[25:32] | Don’t ruin it for yourself by being too serious, okay? | 别因为太过较真毁了自己的前程 知道吗 |
[25:34] | Try being a little… softer. A little more accessible, you know? | 稍微… 柔软点 随和一点 |
[25:40] | You telling me to be less black? | 你是让我别太像黑人吗 |
[25:42] | Jesus, that’s what you just heard? Really, Daniel? | 天啊 你就只听出这个意思吗 真的吗 丹尼尔 |
[25:44] | – That’s basically what you’re saying. – Fuck… | -你说的就这意思 -操… |
[25:46] | You don’t even know you’re saying it. | 你都不知道自己是这意思 |
[25:47] | This is what I had to deal with my whole life. | 我这辈子都在听人说这种话 |
[25:49] | Don’t be smarter than other people. | 别比别人聪明 |
[25:50] | Don’t come off too strong, don’t be too opinionated. | 别太强势 别太固执己见 |
[25:52] | Daniel, that’s not being black. | 丹尼尔 我们讨论的不是黑人的问题 |
[25:54] | It’s being fucking Morning Show, Daniel, okay? | 是他妈的”晨间秀” 懂了吗 丹尼尔 |
[25:57] | Jesus, I’m on your side here. | 天啊 我跟你是一边的 |
[25:59] | This has nothing to do with you being black. | 跟你是黑人没关系 |
[26:01] | That’s what you guys always say. | 你们总是这么说 |
[26:05] | Shit, okay. You know what? | 妈的 好吧 这样吧 |
[26:06] | Just do yourself a favor tonight at the event. | 今晚在活动上为自己考虑考虑吧 |
[26:09] | Press the flesh. Schmooze the executives. | 去跟人握握手 跟高层聊聊天 |
[26:11] | Pretend you’re the dad that everybody wants | 假装你就是大家想要的”老爸” |
[26:13] | and don’t go after the beloved Gilmore Girls. | 别再提受大家喜爱的”吉尔莫女孩”了 |
[26:15] | Hey, hey, this chair could be yours. | 这位置可能就是你的 |
[26:20] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[26:22] | – I hear you. – Thank you. | -我听到了 -谢谢你 |
[26:24] | – Thank you. Thank you. – You’re welcome. You’re welcome. | -谢谢你 谢谢 -不客气 不客气 |
[26:26] | Yes. | 好 |
[26:28] | The coal woman is here. | 煤矿女来了 |
[26:30] | Jesus. Do we have to do this meeting right now? | 天啊 一定要现在见面吗 |
[26:32] | Like I don’t have a million more important things to do. | 我还有好多更重要的事要忙呢 |
[26:34] | Is Cory Ellison fucking this woman or… | 科利·埃里森是跟这女人上过床了吗… |
[26:37] | Fucking waste of time. That’s it. | 还是他妈在浪费时间 来了 |
[26:39] | I wanna thank you for taking the time to see me. | 谢谢你抽时间来见我 |
[26:41] | I know you’ve got a lot going on. | 我知道你有很多事要忙 |
[26:44] | Sure, it’s no problem. Not busy at all. | 没问题的 我一点都不忙 |
[26:46] | – I looked at your reel. It was good. – Thank you. | -我看过你的采访视频 很不错 -谢谢 |
[26:48] | I noticed you have moved around last couple of years. | 我发现你过去几年换过几家电视台 |
[26:52] | Three years at SENN, then BDC six months before that… | 在东南新闻网待了三年 那之前还在BDC待过六个月… |
[26:55] | Yeah, yeah. I understand. I’ve been some places. | 是的 我明白 我是换过几个东家 |
[26:59] | But really, I’m looking for a platform where I can get my ideas across. | 但我真的是在寻找一个能表达自己想法的平台 |
[27:02] | – Speaking of which, I brought some today… – Wait, I’m sorry. What do you mean ideas? | -说到这个 我今天带了点新闻来… -等下 抱歉 你说”想法”是什么意思 |
[27:06] | I’ve worked up some stories I think would be good for The Morning Show. | 我准备了些我觉得很适合”晨间秀”的新闻 |
[27:08] | I’m sorry. I’m maybe a little confused. | 抱歉 我有点迷糊了 |
[27:12] | You’re interviewing to be a correspondent, right? Not a producer. | 你应聘的是记者 对吧 不是制片人 |
[27:14] | ‘Cause correspondents normally just | 因为记者一般只是将 |
[27:16] | present the ideas that producers wrote. | 制片人的想法呈现出来 |
[27:18] | Yeah, I like to do my own producing, | 是的 我想自己做新闻 |
[27:21] | and I think I have some stories that would do really well on TMS. | 我觉得这些新闻放在”晨间秀”上效果会很好 |
[27:25] | So, why don’t I just jump in? | 不如我直接说吧 |
[27:26] | Sure, yeah. Okay. | 好的 说吧 |
[27:28] | So, there’s a mom-and-pop store in Chicago. | 芝加哥有个家庭经营杂货店 |
[27:30] | It’s about to be replaced by a Target. | 要被新建筑取代 |
[27:32] | The historical society is trying to block it. | 历史协会想出面阻拦 |
[27:35] | But here’s the twist. | 但转折点来了 |
[27:36] | The mom and the pop are angry at the historical society | 这对夫妻非常不满历史协会的行为 |
[27:39] | because they’re getting in the way of them amassing a small fortune. | 因为协会害得他们没法从中小赚一笔 |
[27:42] | So, I have a source on the inside that can tell me… | 有内部消息告诉我… |
[27:45] | It’s okay. I get the concept. | 行了 我懂你意思了 |
[27:48] | Okay, well, college admissions. Not the diversity angle… | 好吧 高校招生 不是从多样性的角度… |
[27:51] | Fuck me. | 我日 |
[27:55] | – Sorry. – College admissions. | -抱歉 -高校招生 |
[27:56] | But not the diversity angle, the money angle. | 但不是从多样性的角度 而是钱的角度 |
[27:59] | No. | 不行 |
[28:00] | No? Okay… | 不行吗 好吧… |
[28:03] | You know, right here in New York City | 现在在纽约市 |
[28:05] | they are trying to dedicate a memorial | 他们想建纪念碑 |
[28:07] | to the immigrants who died in the Triangle Fire in 1911. | 纪念在1911年三角地大火中丧生的移民 |
[28:10] | And the thing about dedicating it this summer… | 今夏修建的事… |
[28:12] | You said 1911? | 你是说1911年吗 |
[28:15] | Yeah, that’s when it happened, 1911. | 是啊 事故发生在1911年 |
[28:18] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:19] | I don’t know how to say this without being rude, | 我不知道怎么说才能不冒犯到你 |
[28:21] | but you’re wasting your time here. | 但你这是在浪费时间 |
[28:22] | Your stories aren’t right for us. | 你的新闻不适合我们 |
[28:24] | It’s not even ostensibly what you’re here to discuss anyway, so… | 这显然都不该是你讨论的问题 所以… |
[28:28] | The stories aren’t right for you? | 这些新闻不适合你们 |
[28:30] | I’m… I’m sorry. | 我… 我很抱歉 |
[28:32] | Were you even listening? | 你听了吗 |
[28:33] | ‘Cause you look like you were distracted the entire time. | 因为你好像全程都在干别的事 |
[28:35] | You didn’t even ask me a question. | 你都没跟我提问 |
[28:37] | How are they not right for you? | 怎么就不适合你们了 |
[28:39] | Are you… You’re being serious right now? | 你… 你现在是认真的吗 |
[28:42] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[28:43] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:45] | They’re not interesting. This meeting is over. | 这些故事都很无聊 我们就到这吧 |
[28:48] | You mean they’re not interesting to you? | 你是说对你而言很无聊吗 |
[28:51] | – Have you seen your show lately, sir? – Please. | -你看过你最近的节目吗 先生 -让她出去 |
[28:53] | I’m sorry, but this week alone, I think I saw twins who met on Bumble, | 无意冒犯 但就这周 我看到的有 双胞胎通过社交软件相认 |
[28:57] | a woman got busted for selling fake emotional support animal licenses. | 有个女人因卖伪造情感支持用动物许可证而被捕 |
[29:02] | And how many ice-cream flavors are there really? Need I go on? | 还有究竟有多少种冰淇淋口味 还要我说下去吗 |
[29:06] | No, you need to leave. | 不必 请你离开 |
[29:07] | – Your show sucks. – Thank you! Thank you. | -你的节目烂透了 -谢谢 多谢夸奖 |
[29:10] | It’s barely news. | 都不算是新闻 |
[29:11] | You have downgraded it to try and get | 你降低了节目水准 |
[29:12] | some of the Your Day, America audience, | 来吸引”今朝美国”观众 |
[29:14] | to your own detriment. | 这对你很不利 |
[29:16] | You really think this is gonna help you get a job? | 你真觉得说这些话就能得到工作了吗 |
[29:18] | The stories that I brought you are good. | 我跟你说的这些新闻都很好 |
[29:19] | They’re human, they’re political, they’re engaging. | 这些新闻有人情味 涉及政治 也很有趣 |
[29:22] | The Triangle Fire story is so timely right now, | 现在谈论三角地大火非常合时宜 |
[29:25] | with immigration issues that are going on. | 因为移民问题正愈演愈烈 |
[29:27] | I’m sorry if lives of teenage immigrant | 很抱歉移民少女 |
[29:29] | girls burning alive in a sweatshop | 在血汗工厂被活活烧死 |
[29:31] | holds no current value to you, | 对你而言毫无现行价值 |
[29:32] | but it might lead you to do an actual news story | 但它或许能启发你去挖掘 |
[29:35] | about the sweatshops that exist all over the city right now. | 关于正存在于城市各处的血汗工厂的新闻 |
[29:38] | But God forbid you do that at Morning Show. | 但你绝不会在”晨间秀”上做这种新闻 |
[29:40] | It’s not feel-good bad news, is it? | 因为这不是让人愉悦的好消息 对吗 |
[29:42] | You want me to call security? That’s what you want me to do? | 你想让我请保安吗 你是这么想的吗 |
[29:44] | – Why? Are you scared of me? – I want you to leave! | -怎么 你怕我了吗 -我要你离开 |
[29:46] | You know what? People like you are the | 知道吗 正是你这样的人 |
[29:47] | reason broadcast news is what it is. | 导致了新闻业的现状 |
[29:50] | Thanks for your time, Chip Charlie Chip. Whatever your fuckin’ name is. | 感谢你抽时间见我 奇普 查理 奇普 管你他妈叫什么 |
[29:54] | You sound like an ice-cream flavor. | 你名字听起来就像种冰淇淋口味 |
[29:56] | Hey, why don’t you put that in your hard news expos? | 不如你把这条放进重大新闻博览会里吧 |
[30:03] | What the fuck? | 什么鬼 |
[30:43] | Look, I’m gonna be straight with you, Mitch. | 我跟你实话实说 米奇 |
[30:44] | Financially, this is gonna be tough. | 现在的财务状况非常艰难 |
[30:47] | It’s okay. It’s fine. I can tighten my belt a little… | 没事 没关系 我可以稍微节省点… |
[30:49] | It kind of goes beyond that. | 不止如此 |
[30:51] | UBA is not going to pay out the rest of your contract. | UBA不会付你剩余合同期间的薪水 |
[30:55] | – They said that? – Yes. | -他们这么说的 -是的 |
[30:56] | Legal sent a violation of contract document this morning | 法务部今早发了一份合同违约说明 |
[30:59] | that made it very clear. | 上面说得很清楚 |
[31:00] | How can I be in violation of my contract? | 我怎么就违约了 |
[31:04] | It was consensual. | 我们达成共识的 |
[31:06] | – All I can say is that for the… – Lisa, it was consensual. | -我只能说… -莉莎 我们达成共识的 |
[31:09] | For the foreseeable future, you’re not gonna have any income. | 今后很长一段时间里 你都不会有任何收入 |
[31:13] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[31:16] | All right. | 行吧 |
[31:18] | Well, what do you propose I do? | 那你的建议呢 |
[31:19] | You’re gonna have to start making choices. | 你得开始做出选择了 |
[31:22] | You got the Southampton house, | 你在南安普敦有房子 |
[31:24] | the Aspen property, your New York apartment. Which… | 在阿斯本有房产 纽约有公寓 哪个… |
[31:27] | I’m not giving up that apartment. | 我不会卖公寓的 |
[31:29] | You could probably keep it going at this level for two years, tops. | 照这样下去 你顶多能撑两年 |
[31:34] | How is that even possible? | 这怎么可能呢 |
[31:35] | I’ve made more money than God. Right? | 我挣得比天皇老子还多 不是吗 |
[31:39] | God didn’t violate his morals clause. | 天皇老子可没违反道德条款 |
[31:41] | Morals clause, really? | 道德条款 真的吗 |
[31:45] | Fuck. | 操 |
[31:47] | That. What a crock of shit. | 什么狗屁玩意 |
[31:49] | Morals clause! | 道德条款 |
[31:51] | These people back up the Brinks truck | 这些人准备了不知多少辆运钞车的钱 |
[31:54] | and give you everything that you’ve always wanted except for one thing: | 给你想要的一切 但只有一条 |
[31:58] | there’s gonna be a morals clause in your contract. | 合同中得有道德条款 |
[32:01] | Okay. Well, you’re not an idiot. | 好吧 你又不是傻子 |
[32:04] | And everybody’s telling you they won’t trigger it. | 所有人都告诉你 道德条款是不会生效的 |
[32:06] | They never trigger it. | 就只是个摆设 |
[32:07] | That’s not even… They’re just covering their asses. | 这甚至都不… 他们只是想推卸责任 |
[32:09] | And these guys? You’ve known them forever. | 这些人 你跟他们认识多年 |
[32:12] | You have worked with them. | 一起共事 |
[32:13] | And they more than approve of your behavior. | 你做什么他们都非常支持 |
[32:17] | It’s fine with them, as is evidenced by the fact | 他们毫无意见 事实证明 |
[32:20] | that they just gave you the most lucrative | 他们跟我谈成的是 |
[32:22] | deal in the history of morning news. | 晨间新闻节目史上 报酬最丰厚的一笔交易 |
[32:25] | And you don’t want to be that guy who says, | 你也不想说 |
[32:27] | “No, take the morals clause out, then I’ll sign it,” | “不行 把道德条款删了 不然我不签” |
[32:29] | ’cause that sends a bad message. | 因为别人会觉得是你心里有鬼 |
[32:31] | You know what a morals clause is? | 你知道什么是道德条款吗 |
[32:33] | It’s a moving fucking target! | 根本他妈的没个定数 |
[32:35] | It’s anything they want it to be! | 他们想怎么定义都行 |
[32:37] | Yeah? It’s as the wind blows. | 对吧 是随风改变的 |
[32:47] | Mitch, I’m your business manager, not your lawyer. | 米奇 我是你的商业经理 不是律师 |
[32:53] | Morals clause. Morals clause. | 道德条款 道德条款 |
[33:06] | Rapist! | 强奸犯 |
[33:08] | What did you say to me? What did you call me? | 你说我是什么 你喊我什么 |
[33:12] | Don’t walk away from me. | 别走啊 |
[33:13] | You’re calling me a ra…? I’m not even accused of rape. | 你说我是强… 我都没被起诉强奸 |
[33:15] | Sexual misconduct is what I’m being accused of. | 对我的指控是不当性行为 |
[33:17] | Don’t you wave your fucking hand at me! | 别他妈跟我挥手 |
[33:20] | Have a nice day, you fucking asshole. | 祝你过得愉快 混蛋 |
[33:40] | Yes? | 请说 |
[33:41] | Hi, Ashley. I’m Hannah Shoenfeld. | 嗨 阿什丽 我是汉娜·肖恩菲尔德 |
[33:43] | I’m with The Morning Show. | “晨间秀”的员工 |
[33:45] | Don’t worry. It’s nothing bad. | 别担心 不是什么坏事 |
[33:47] | We think it’s great you want to tell your story. | 你能讲述自己的故事 我们觉得很好 |
[33:49] | Then why are you here? | 那你来干什么 |
[33:51] | Can I come in? I promise I’ll be real quick. | 我能进来吗 一会就好 |
[33:54] | – I really don’t think that’s a good idea. – Five minutes. You can time me. | -我看不必了吧 -五分钟 你可以计时 |
[34:00] | Look, you have a story to tell. | 听着 你有故事要说 |
[34:01] | The entire country needs to hear it, | 全国人民都要听一听 |
[34:03] | and we want to give you the platform. | 我们想给你提供平台 |
[34:05] | On The Morning Show? | 在”晨间秀”吗 |
[34:07] | Yes. | 是的 |
[34:08] | Why would I ever go back there? That place is… | 我干吗要回到那里 那里就是… |
[34:11] | The scene of the crime. I know. And going back, | 犯罪现场 我懂 回到那里 |
[34:13] | that takes real fucking courage. | 需要很大的勇气 |
[34:15] | Which you have. Or you wouldn’t be speaking out in the first place. | 你有勇气 不然也不会第一时间就发声 |
[34:19] | Look, I find stories for a living. That’s what I do. | 听着 我是靠挖掘新闻为生的 我就是干这个的 |
[34:23] | And when I look at you, I can see that story. | 看向你的时候 我能看到你背后的新闻 |
[34:27] | The brave woman knocked back by a powerful man, | 被一个权势滔天的男人击倒的勇敢女性 |
[34:29] | reclaiming her power on national TV. | 想在国家电视台上重新站起来 |
[34:32] | But if you go on YDA, that’s not the story that’ll be told. | 但如果你去了YDA 就不是这么个新闻了 |
[34:37] | Yes, it is. It doesn’t matter where I tell it. | 不会的 我在哪说都一样 |
[34:41] | I am done with this conversation. I’m not going back there. | 谈话就到这 我不会回到那里 |
[34:46] | Do I have to call security? | 要我叫保安吗 |
[34:47] | Fine. I’ll leave. | 好吧 我走了 |
[34:50] | But it does matter where you tell it. | 但并不是在哪说都一样 |
[34:54] | You’re making a huge mistake. | 你这样错大了 |
[34:58] | Why? | 为什么 |
[34:59] | Because this is television, not a women’s studies seminar at Vassar. | 因为这是电视 不是瓦莎学院[起初为女校]的女性研讨会 |
[35:03] | A lot of people watching are gonna have ignorant, knee-jerk reactions. | 许多观众会有无知且下意识的反应 |
[35:07] | How you tell the story is the whole fucking ball game. | 讲述的方式决定了结果 |
[35:09] | And if you do it on YDA, you’ll be the angry woman. | 如果你在YDA说 你就是个愤怒的女人 |
[35:16] | Why? | 为什么 |
[35:17] | Because YDA’s our enemy, | 因为YDA是我们的对手 |
[35:19] | and everyone who watches these shows knows it. | 看节目的人都知道 |
[35:22] | They’ll see you as a bitch, scorned by a powerful network, | 他们会觉得你就是个贱人 为权威电视网所不齿 |
[35:26] | rejected by a powerful man, | 被权势滔天的男人抛弃 |
[35:28] | bitter about her career, her life, | 对自己的事业和人生极为不满 |
[35:31] | looking for a payback, | 想要寻求回报 |
[35:33] | desperate to hurt the people who hurt her, | 于是不惜一切地去反击伤害了她的人 |
[35:35] | manipulated by a rival show that just | 被一心想搞垮 |
[35:37] | wants to fuck over their opponent, | 对手的敌方节目所操控 |
[35:39] | trotted out like a piece of meat, | 像块肉似的被拿出来炫耀 |
[35:41] | and then discarded when you aren’t needed anymore. | 然后等你没用了 就把你扔掉 |
[35:44] | And then it’s done, and nobody cares. | 然后尘埃落定 无人关心 |
[35:46] | On to the next story. | 进入到下一个故事 |
[35:49] | No, I can’t do this. I mean, I shouldn’t be doing this at all. | 不 我不能这么做 我是说 我就不该这么做 |
[35:53] | Yes, you should. | 不 你该 |
[35:57] | But if you are gonna do it… | 但如果你要做… |
[36:00] | if you are gonna blow the whistle on Mitch Kessler | 如果你想告发米奇·凯斯勒 |
[36:02] | for being the predator that he is… | 是个名副其实的性行为不端者… |
[36:05] | you have to have the balls to do it in his own house. | 你就要有胆量去他的演播厅里说 |
[36:09] | It won’t mean anything otherwise. | 要不然就毫无意义 |
[36:16] | Come on The Morning Show. | 来上”晨间秀”吧 |
[36:19] | Come back to the killing floor. | 回到杀戮空间 |
[36:22] | Show everyone you have the nerve… | 向众人展示 你有这个胆量… |
[36:26] | but especially him. | 尤其是他… |
[36:38] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[36:44] | – Hello? – Hello, Bradley. | -你好 -你好 布莱德利 |
[36:46] | This is Cecily from Cory Ellison’s office. | 我是科利·艾里森办公室的塞西莉 |
[36:49] | Cory would like for you to be at the | 科利希望你能出席 |
[36:50] | Leadership in Journalism event tonight. | 今晚的新闻领袖活动 |
[36:52] | It’s black-tie. | 需要穿礼服 |
[36:54] | That’s really nice, but I’m headed to the airport. | 真不错 但我要去机场了 |
[36:57] | We’ll take care of rearranging your flight. | 我们会帮你重新安排航班 |
[37:00] | A car will pick you up at your hotel. | 还会派车去酒店接你 |
[37:03] | Okay, I didn’t pack anything I could wear to a black-tie event. | 好吧 但是我没带能参加活动的礼服 |
[37:06] | We’re sending a few gowns over. | 我们会送几套晚礼服过去 |
[37:09] | Okay, Cecily, I’m confused. | 好的 塞西莉 我都糊涂了 |
[37:11] | I had a meeting with Chip Charlie Black, and it did not go well. | 我和奇普·查理·布莱克见过面了 没谈拢 |
[37:14] | I’m pretty sure he’s not hiring me. | 我很确定他不会雇我 |
[37:16] | All I know is Cory asked me to call you. | 我只知道科利叫我打给你 |
[37:19] | So, between you and me, I’d show up. | 所以我个人建议 你去参加 |
[37:25] | Okay, yeah. I’ll be there. | 那好吧 我会去的 |
[37:27] | Fantastic. | 很好 |
[37:41] | Go around the side. Get the shot. Come out this side. | 绕到那边去 拍照 从这边出来 |
[37:47] | – Why are you here? – Is he going back on air? | -你为什么过来 -他会回去主持吗 |
[37:51] | What’s the latest news on Mitch? | 米奇的最新消息是什么 |
[37:57] | Hey, Mitch. | 你好 米奇 |
[38:01] | To what do I owe this pleasure? | 真是蓬荜生辉啊 |
[38:03] | Is it already time for my chemical castration? | 我化学阉割的时辰到了吗 |
[38:06] | No, I got that slotted in for next Thursday. | 没有 我把这件事安排在下周四了 |
[38:08] | Oh, yeah. | 好吧 |
[38:09] | Maybe we can fit it in between my tar and feathering | 也许还该安排给我涂上柏油 粘上羽毛 |
[38:12] | and being burnt at the stake. | 把我绑在柱子上烧死 |
[38:14] | You got it. | 没问题 |
[38:15] | And by the way, fuck you. | 顺便一说 操你妈 |
[38:22] | Mitch, you gotta stop calling reporters. | 米奇 别再叫记者来了 |
[38:24] | Looks like somebody got an illegal wiretap kit for Christmas. | 看来有人为了过圣诞 搞了一套非法窃听装置 |
[38:27] | No, somebody got slipped the information | 不 是有人走漏了消息 |
[38:29] | that Mitch Kessler has been calling reporters all over New York City | 说米奇·凯斯勒给全纽约的记者打电话 |
[38:32] | looking for someone to tell his side of the story. | 想找人从他的角度讲述整件事 |
[38:35] | What the fuck, Mitch? I mean, you know you can’t do that. | 搞什么啊 米奇 你是明知故犯 |
[38:38] | You’re toxic, and you’re gonna be for a while, so… | 你在风口浪尖上 一时半会儿下不来 所以… |
[38:41] | How long do I have to sit around while I take my punishment like a man? | 在像个男人一样接受惩罚前 我还要无所事事多久 |
[38:46] | I don’t know. I don’t know what the half-life is on this, | 我不知道 我不知道热度什么时候才消 |
[38:49] | but it’s not a day. | 但肯定不是一两天 |
[38:50] | It’s years. | 要数年才行 |
[38:52] | So, you need to hibernate. | 所以你要从公众视野中消失 |
[38:54] | I have covered enough of these stories over the past couple of years | 过去这些年 我报道了这么多故事 |
[38:57] | to know that when the Me Too mob comes knocking at your door | 我知道当”我也是”的暴徒敲响家门时 |
[39:00] | you have two choices. | 你有两个选择 |
[39:02] | You can either be contrite and cry puddles of crocodile tears | 一个是深感懊悔 流下鳄鱼的眼泪 |
[39:07] | and pray till you’re blue in the balls | 然后祈祷一切会神奇地消失 |
[39:10] | that it’ll just magically disappear, | 尽管一切都是徒劳 |
[39:12] | or you can fight back. | 另一个就是去反击 |
[39:15] | And that’s what I intend to do, Chip. | 我就打算这么干 奇普 |
[39:18] | I think that’s my best course of action. | 这是我的最佳行动方案 |
[39:20] | I’m going to hire a new attorney, | 我会另找一位律师 |
[39:22] | I’m going to get my face out there, | 我要出现在公众面前 |
[39:25] | and I’m not gonna hide in shame. | 我不会羞耻地躲起来 |
[39:29] | It’s gonna work. | 这会见效的 |
[39:31] | Do not show your face tonight. Do not do that to Alex. | 今晚别出现在人前 不要这么对艾利克斯 |
[39:35] | My tux is pressed. | 我的西装都熨好了 |
[39:37] | – I can’t unpress my tux. – Yeah. | -熨好就不能浪费 -是 |
[39:39] | So, I’m going. And those goddamn two-faced New York reporters… | 所以我会去 而这些两副面孔的纽约记者… |
[39:43] | I’m gonna walk in there and look those | 我会走进去 然后盯着 |
[39:45] | motherfuckers in their beady little eyes, | 那些混蛋的鼠眼 |
[39:47] | and I’m gonna say, “I’m here. I can see you.” | 我会说 “我在这里 我能看到你们” |
[39:50] | Yeah, that’s suicide. | 这是自杀行为 |
[39:52] | And by the way, did I see you yelling at some woman on the street? | 顺便啊 我怎么看到你在街上冲一个女人大吼呢 |
[39:55] | Because it’s on Twitter. You can’t fucking do this shit, man! | 这事都上推特了 你他妈不能这么乱来 老兄 |
[39:57] | I have to fight back! | 我要回击 |
[40:00] | I’m not going to let somebody slander me again in public. | 我不会让任何人再在公共场合诽谤我 |
[40:03] | I get it! You’re angry! You’re upset! You’re defensive, okay? | 我懂 你又生气又沮丧 处处防备 |
[40:06] | But I’m telling you, | 但是我告诉你 |
[40:07] | you are way too emotionally volatile to walk in there | 你的情绪太不稳定了 不能进入活动现场 |
[40:11] | and make a convincing argument, okay? | 进行任何有说服力的辩论 |
[40:13] | And you need to drop this innocent act, at least in front of me. | 而且你别再扮无辜了 至少别跟我来这套 |
[40:15] | I am as innocent as any straight, middle-aged man there is. | 我和其他中年直男一样清白无辜 |
[40:19] | The only problem is, that seems to be illegal these days. | 唯一的问题是 男人无辜倒不合法了 |
[40:22] | This is McCarthyism, you know it. | 这是麦卡锡主义 你知道的 |
[40:24] | Everybody knows it | 人人皆知 |
[40:25] | but people just don’t have the intestinal fortitude to say it out loud. | 但人们就是没胆量说出来 |
[40:29] | I’ll say it. We’re being too fast to | 我会说的 舆论不能那么快 |
[40:30] | judge men in the court of public opinion. | 就宣判男人有罪 |
[40:32] | I agree with you, okay? | 我同意你说的 好吗 |
[40:33] | The whole Me Too movement is probably an overcorrection | 整个”我也是”运动可能是 |
[40:36] | for centuries of bad behavior | 对长久以来种种劣行的矫枉过正 |
[40:38] | that more enlightened men like you and me had nothing to do with. | 像你我这种觉悟高的男人都被无辜牵连 |
[40:40] | But, Mitch, do you really want a detailed probe into your private life? | 但是米奇 你真的想要外人来细致探究你的私生活吗 |
[40:45] | You think that’s gonna exonerate you? | 你觉得这样你就无罪了吗 |
[40:48] | – At first they came for the rapists. – What are you… | -一开始他们把矛头对准了强奸犯 -你说什么… |
[40:51] | And I did not speak up because I am not a rapist. | 我没发声是因为我不是强奸犯 |
[40:54] | And then they came for the powerful men, | 然后他们把矛头对准了有权有势的男性 |
[40:57] | and you did not speak up because you are not a powerful man. | 而你没有发声 因为你不是有权有势的男性 |
[41:00] | But what are you going to do | 但如果他们把矛头 |
[41:02] | when they come for the ordinary, everyday, | 对准你这样的平头老百姓 |
[41:04] | run-of-the-mill creep like you, Chip? | 你准备怎么办呢 奇普 |
[41:08] | Who’s gonna be left to speak up for you? | 还剩下谁能为你发声呢 |
[41:13] | I’m gonna go now, okay? | 我现在就走 好吗 |
[41:17] | Do not show up tonight. | 今晚不要出现 |
[41:19] | Stop talking. | 不要发声 |
[41:21] | Start fucking listening, and do it from home. | 留在家里开始倾听 |
[41:26] | Who leaked this to the Times? | 谁给时报泄漏的消息 |
[41:29] | Stop talking, Mitch. | 别说了 米奇 |
[41:33] | And who did you have to blow to keep your job? | 为了保住饭碗 你抱了谁的大腿 |
[41:38] | All right. See you in a couple of hours. | 好吧 几个小时后见 |
[41:48] | I need this. I need my makeup so I can look like a princess all night. | 我需要这个 我需要化妆品 这样整晚我才能光鲜亮丽 |
[41:54] | That’s not gonna fit. I need my mints. I need my phone, | 塞不进去 我需要薄荷糖 需要手机 |
[41:57] | and I need my eye drops, none of which fit in this teeny little thing! | 还需要滴眼液 包这么小 哪个都塞不下 |
[42:01] | I can take your phone. | 我能帮你拿手机 |
[42:02] | Why would you take my phone? That’s ridiculous, Jason. | 你为什么要拿我的手机 太可笑了 杰森 |
[42:05] | You’re getting worked up about nothing… | 你又乱发脾气… |
[42:07] | Really? About nothing? I’m sorry. I need all this stupid shit. | 真的吗 乱发脾气吗 对不起 这些破玩意儿我都要 |
[42:10] | Alex, it’s fine. Let me just… Give me… | 艾利克斯 没事 让我来…给我… |
[42:12] | – I said I would get it. I can shut it. – Jesus Christ. | -我说我可以 我能关上 -老天爷啊 |
[42:15] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[42:16] | – Mom? – What? | -妈 -什么事 |
[42:17] | – It’s gonna be okay. – No, it’s not, honey. | -会很顺利的 -不会的 亲爱的 |
[42:19] | Okay, it’s just an event. | 只是一场活动而已 |
[42:20] | Really? Just an event? Only with the worst timing ever. | 真的吗 只是一场活动 恰好在时机最差的时候 |
[42:23] | I would rather stick daggers into my eyeballs! | 我宁愿自插双目 |
[42:26] | – Alex. Alex. – What? | -艾利克斯 艾利克斯 -怎么了 |
[42:28] | How about you pretend to have food poisoning and just don’t go? | 不如你假装食物中毒 不去了吧 |
[42:33] | I cannot do that. | 我不能这么做 |
[42:35] | Everyone in there will know that I’m lying, | 所有人都会知道我在装病 |
[42:36] | that I’m uncomfortable and afraid. | 我心虚又害怕 |
[42:38] | That I’m afraid of what’s gonna happen to me on the show | 我害怕米奇出事之后 |
[42:41] | in the wake of Mitch. | 我在节目上也会出问题 |
[42:42] | Everyone in there is press. They think they know everything. | 活动现场全是新闻人士 他们自以为知道一切 |
[42:46] | Half of them hate me because I’m too successful, | 他们中有半数人恨我 因为我大获成功 |
[42:48] | and the other half hate me because, I don’t know, | 另一半恨我则是因为 我不知道 |
[42:50] | their hearts are at home in a fucking jar! | 他们就是没有良心吧 |
[42:53] | Oh, God! | 天啊 |
[42:56] | Oh, Jesus, I can’t cry! | 天啊 我不能哭 |
[42:59] | Jesus! | 天啊 |
[43:01] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[43:02] | – No, stop it, stop it! – Mom. | -不 别哭 别哭 -妈 |
[43:05] | – Yeah, well, you can’t go out like this. – I know that! | -你不能就这么出去 -我知道 |
[43:10] | – Alex, Alex! – Ms. Levy! Right here! | -艾利克斯 艾利克斯 -利维女士 看这边 |
[43:13] | Hi. | 你好 |
[43:18] | – Okay? – Yep. | -还好吗 -还好 |
[43:19] | Let’s go do this fucking event so I can go home and just die. | 打赢这场硬仗 我就能回家嗝屁了 |
[43:45] | I really appreciate it. | 我真的很感谢 |
[43:52] | Hey, Alex. Congratulations on being honored tonight. | 你好 艾利克斯 恭喜你今晚获奖 |
[43:54] | – Thank you. – How does it feel? | -谢谢 -心情如何 |
[43:56] | It’s so meaningful to be honored by such prestigious company, | 能得到这么有声望的公司的荣誉 我感到很有意义 |
[44:00] | and I’m thrilled to be here to support | 我也很高兴能来现场支持 |
[44:01] | quality journalism in this day and… | 今天的优质新闻 而且… |
[44:03] | May I just add? The Morning Show is very important. | 我能补充一下吗 “晨间秀”非常重要 |
[44:08] | It’s iconic and beloved, and it is about real journalism | 它是业界标杆 深受大众喜爱 致力于报道真实新闻 |
[44:11] | and no one person can change that. | 没人能改变这一点 |
[44:13] | We will survive this disgrace, | 我们将摆脱此次丑闻的阴霾 |
[44:16] | and we’re gonna help America get through it like a family. | 我们会携手全美观众一同度过这场风波 |
[44:19] | – Thank you. – Thank you. | -谢谢你 -谢谢你 |
[44:22] | Hey, let’s get a picture. | 一起拍张合照吧 |
[44:26] | You forgot the part about how I’m the one | 你忘了说 我才是那个 |
[44:28] | that will be pulling America through this. | 携手全美度过此次难关的人 |
[44:30] | Well, I think that was implied. | 我想我暗示到了 |
[44:33] | You think a lot is implied. | 你认为很多事情都暗示到了 |
[44:35] | That’s where you hide. In the implications. | 你就躲在这些暗示里面 |
[44:42] | I’m really honored. | 我荣幸万分 |
[44:45] | Who are you? | 你是谁啊 |
[44:46] | Being this personable is exhausting. | 这么端着真累人 |
[44:49] | I don’t think I can keep doing it for much longer. | 我觉得我要装不下去了 |
[44:51] | Let me take you to the bar and give you a minute to be an intense, | 我带你去吧台 给你一分钟 让你做一个热情的 |
[44:54] | overly educated, sexy grouch, huh? | 过分有教养的性感牢骚鬼 好吗 |
[44:56] | I’m feeling good. I’m starting to feel | 我感觉不错 我开始觉得 |
[44:57] | like I might really have a shot at this. | 我可能真的有机会 |
[44:59] | Keep pressing that flesh. | 继续打招呼 |
[45:03] | Hey, Cory? | 科利 |
[45:05] | So, your friend… Bradley Jackson, bit of a train wreck. | 你的朋友… 布莱德利·杰克森 灾难本难 |
[45:09] | You’re gonna be sorry if you go down | 如果坚持雇她 你可能要后悔 |
[45:11] | this road. I’d like to report otherwise, | 我可以让她过 |
[45:12] | but that’s my gut feeling. | 但这是我的直觉 |
[45:16] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[45:17] | Okay, good. | 那行 |
[45:23] | Mom, did Hal go to his meeting? | 妈 霍尔会面了吗 |
[45:25] | He was supposed to call me after, and I haven’t heard a word from him. | 他本该在结束后给我打电话 但是完全没动静 |
[45:28] | I don’t know. He’s not home yet. He left about 1:00 to go to it. | 我不知道 他还没回家 他下午1点左右去的 |
[45:31] | He’s been out for seven hours? | 他出门7个小时了 |
[45:33] | Well, he said he was gonna go by Brandon’s afterwards. | 他说他之后会去布兰登家 |
[45:37] | Mom, you can’t let him see Brandon. | 妈 你不能让他见布兰登 |
[45:38] | That’s like putting heroin right in front of him. | 那相当于把海洛因送到他面前 |
[45:41] | Bradley, I’m worried now. | 布莱德利 我现在担心了 |
[45:42] | I’ll call you later. I just have to do one stupid thing | 我晚点儿打给你 我还得去做一件傻事 |
[45:45] | and then I’m gonna come home, and I’ll deal with this myself. | 然后我会回家亲自处理这件事 |
[45:47] | Okay, I gotta go. All right, bye. | 我要挂了 行 再见 |
[45:50] | Glad you could make it. | 你能来真是太好了 |
[45:52] | I’m going to show you to your seat. | 我带你去找座位 |
[45:54] | You got demoted to usher? | 你被降职当引座员了吗 |
[45:56] | No, I just moved you to a different table. It’ll be fun. | 不是 我把你挪去了另一桌 会很有趣的 |
[45:58] | Well, it is thrilling to be here to support Alex Levy tonight, | 我很开心今晚能来支持艾利克斯·利维 |
[46:02] | even though our shows are ratings rivals. | 尽管我们的节目是收视率竞争对手 |
[46:05] | I mean, when it comes to supporting women in this business, | 凡是涉及到支持行业里的女性 |
[46:08] | we’re all in the same boat. | 我们会同舟共济 |
[46:10] | What happened to her was humiliating. | 她的遭遇令人感到耻辱 |
[46:13] | I could never show up at an event like this. | 我永远不可能出席这样的活动 |
[46:16] | I mean, to work with a sexual predator… | 和一个性侵犯共事… |
[46:19] | I don’t know what I would do. | 我不知道自己该如何是好 |
[46:21] | Thank God that’s not me. | 谢天谢地 我不是当事人 |
[46:27] | – This is my mom. – Hi. | -这是我妈妈 -你好 |
[46:29] | – Congratulations. Very nice to meet you. – Thank you. Real nice to meet you. | -祝贺你 很高兴见到你 -谢谢 见到你很高兴 |
[46:31] | For the Gram. It’s a boomerang. | 要放上社交网络 害人也害己 |
[46:34] | It is, yeah. That’s so cute. | 的确是 拍得不错 |
[46:36] | That’s fine. It was great. | 还不错 那很好了 |
[46:37] | – Hi, thank you for coming. – You look gorgeous. | -谢谢你能来 -你真是光彩照人 |
[46:40] | Thank you, so do you. | 多谢夸奖 你也是 |
[46:41] | Congratulations. How are you, honey? Good to see you. | 祝贺 你还好吗 亲爱的 见到你真好 |
[46:45] | We should probably take a seat. | 我们或许该坐下了 |
[46:50] | – Thank you. – There we go. | -谢谢 -坐吧 |
[46:52] | Okay, and you guys are here. | 好 你们在这里 |
[46:53] | – Yeah. Lizzy’s there, and that’s where… – Okay. And you’re here. | -丽兹坐这里 而这里… -好的 你坐这里 |
[46:57] | – I think that’s Chip, right? – I think so. | -这是奇普的位置吗 -我觉得是 |
[46:59] | Chip. Come here. | 奇普 过来 |
[47:01] | What? | 怎么了 |
[47:04] | – That your seat? – Yeah. Why? | -那是你的位置吗 -对 为什么这么问 |
[47:06] | There’s two extra seats here. | 这桌多了两个座位 |
[47:08] | Do you think that they forgot to take away Mitch and Paige? | 他们是不是忘了取消米奇和佩吉的座位 |
[47:11] | I hope that’s the worst of our problems tonight. | 我希望这是今晚我们最糟糕的问题 |
[47:13] | Why? Why do you say that? What are our problems? | 为什么 你为什么这么说 我们有什么问题 |
[47:16] | Nothing, don’t worry. I got it. | 没什么 别担心 我来搞定 |
[47:17] | Chip, you have to… | 奇普 你要… |
[47:19] | Hi, gang. You remember Bradley Jackson? | 各位 还记得布莱德利·杰克森吗 |
[47:25] | Here’s your seat. | 你坐这里 |
[47:27] | This can’t be right. | 你弄错了吧 |
[47:28] | Last I checked I was the head of the network. It’s right. | 上次核实时 我还是新闻网公司的高层 没弄错 |
[47:32] | – Oh, my God. – Have a seat. | -天啊 -坐吧 |
[47:39] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[47:52] | I’m not with him, with him, to be very clear. | 先声明 我不是他的女伴 我跟他也没关系 |
[47:54] | Well, that’s good news for you. | 对你来说真是个好消息 |
[47:58] | I actually don’t even know what I’m doing here. | 我其实根本不知道我来这里做什么 |
[48:01] | Well, that makes two of us. | 我们俩都不知道 |
[48:03] | I didn’t wanna bother you. The… | 打扰你一下… |
[48:06] | What are you doing at this table? | 你坐这桌来干什么呢 |
[48:07] | I don’t know. Cory Ellison sat me here. | 我不知道 科利·埃利森要我坐这里的 |
[48:13] | Okay. | 行 |
[48:15] | Double? Got it. | 双份吗 明白 |
[48:20] | Cory, did we not just, moments ago, | 科利 我们刚才不是说过 |
[48:23] | talk about how Bradley Jackson is a disaster? | 布莱德利·杰克森是个灾难吗 |
[48:25] | We did. That’s correct. | 的确 你没记错 |
[48:27] | So why is she sitting at that table over there with our people? | 那她为什么和我们的人坐一桌 |
[48:31] | I just thought it might be a good little wake-up call for Alex. | 我只是觉得正好敲打一下艾利克斯 |
[48:37] | I see. | 好吧 |
[49:00] | Take me home, please. | 送我回家吧 |
[49:16] | – Alex. – Hi. | -艾利克斯 -你好 |
[49:17] | Congratulations. You look gorgeous. | 祝贺你 你看起来光彩照人 |
[49:20] | Thank you, Audra. Thank you. | 谢谢你 奥德拉 谢谢 |
[49:22] | And I’m so sorry about everything. | 我对发生的一切深表遗憾 |
[49:27] | Why, Audra? I didn’t fuck anyone. | 为什么 奥德拉 我又没睡了任何人 |
[49:32] | Looking forward to your speech. | 很期待你的发言 |
[49:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[49:38] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[49:49] | Look, I know it’s weird that I’m at the table with you guys. I… | 听着 我知道这很奇怪 我居然和你们坐一桌 我… |
[49:54] | I don’t know what Cory’s doing, but I feel really stupid, | 我不知道科利在干什么 但我觉得非常傻 |
[49:57] | and I feel like I’ve been thrown around | 我觉得我像颗悠悠球 |
[49:59] | like a yo-yo by these guys all day. | 整天被这些人扔来扔去 |
[50:03] | What guys? | 什么人 |
[50:06] | Cory Ellison. I met with him last night | 科利·埃利森 我昨晚和他见了一面 |
[50:08] | and he wanted me to meet Chip Black | 他今天要我去见奇普·布莱克 |
[50:11] | about a correspondent position today, | 应聘一个记者的职位 |
[50:13] | and now I’m here, for what reason, | 现在我来了这里 为了什么 |
[50:15] | I don’t know, and then they sat me at your table. | 我也不知道 然后他们还让我坐你那桌 |
[50:19] | He sat you at my table to fuck with me. | 他安排你我同桌 来给我捣乱 |
[50:23] | Me fuck with you? | 我给你捣乱 |
[50:24] | I don’t think so. That’s just funny. | 不会吧 太可笑了 |
[50:26] | Yeah, it’s funny. They’re funny. | 是啊 可笑至极 他们太可笑了 |
[50:31] | Let me ask you a question. | 我来问你个问题 |
[50:33] | – Yeah? – Why did you stay? | -什么 -你为什么要留下 |
[50:36] | – Stay where? – At the table. | -留哪里 -留在那桌 |
[50:39] | If it was so uncomfortable for you, why didn’t you leave? | 如果你觉得很不舒服 你为什么不走呢 |
[50:45] | You’re an adult, you have agency. Why did you stay? | 你是个成年人 有自己的公司 为什么要留下来 |
[50:53] | I don’t have the right to tell the head of the network to fuck off. | 我无权让电视网大佬滚蛋 |
[50:57] | I’m a nobody. | 我是个无名小卒 |
[50:59] | I’m not you. | 不像你 |
[51:11] | Well, hello, Alex. Are you ready for your big speech? | 你好 艾利克斯 准备好发言了吗 |
[51:18] | You know what, Cory? Let’s just cut through the second-party bullshit. | 科利 我们就别扯扯第二方审核的废话了 |
[51:22] | I know we’re supposed to go through our agents and legal | 我知道我们应该找代理 找律师 |
[51:24] | and stab each other off-screen, | 在人后互捅刀子 |
[51:27] | but I just wanna say this to your face. | 但我只想对你当面说 |
[51:31] | I’m not closing without cohost approval. | 如果我不能自主选择搭档 我们就谈不拢 |
[51:38] | Well, I’m sorry to hear that, because you’re not getting it. | 那就很遗憾了 因为你不会如愿的 |
[51:41] | We’re not breaking precedent. | 我们不会破例 |
[51:44] | I’m not putting the network at risk for future deals. | 我不会让公司在日后交易中面临风险 |
[51:50] | Then I’ll walk. | 那我就走人 |
[51:55] | Then walk, Alex. | 那就走吧 艾利克斯 |
[51:58] | I don’t want you to be unhappy. | 我不希望你不开心 |
[52:05] | By the way, we bought this award for you. | 顺便告诉你 这个奖还是我们给你买的 |
[52:34] | Alex Levy is synonymous with integrity. | 艾利克斯·利维是诚实正直的代名词 |
[52:39] | She embodies the vital role of our profession, | 她诠释了我们行业的重要性 |
[52:41] | not just in the politics of the nation or the business of the nation, | 贯穿了国内的政界 商界 |
[52:47] | but in the everyday lives of the American people. | 以及美国人民的日常生活 |
[52:51] | Ladies and gentlemen, the star of The Morning Show | 女士们先生们 “晨间秀”的巨星 |
[52:54] | and this year’s recipient of the | 同样是今年的 |
[52:55] | Leadership in Journalism Award, Alex Levy! | 新闻领袖奖得主 艾利克斯·利维 |
[52:59] | Come on up. | 上来吧 |
[53:39] | Thank you. Thank you, Maggie, for those kind and beautiful words, | 谢谢你 马吉 你的话太动人了 |
[53:43] | and thank you to the New York Media Foundation | 也谢谢纽约媒体基金会 |
[53:50] | But first, I want to take this opportunity | 但首先 我想借此机会 |
[53:54] | to apologize to all of the women who | 向所有的”晨间秀”受害女性 |
[53:57] | were victimized at The Morning Show. | 表示歉意 |
[54:00] | I am so deeply sorry that we did not see what was happening, | 我很抱歉 我们没能发现正在发生的事情 |
[54:05] | and truth be told, it feels a bit strange | 老实说 感觉有点奇怪 |
[54:09] | to be accepting an award for leadership in journalism | 在这种事发生在我们眼皮底下的时候 |
[54:14] | when apparently this was going on right under our noses. | 来接受这座新闻领袖奖 |
[54:19] | To that end, | 因此 |
[54:21] | I would like to dedicate this award to those women. | 我想将这个奖献给那些女性 |
[54:32] | And secondly, secondly, | 其次 |
[54:34] | this is gonna be a new era for The Morning Show | 这会是”晨间秀”的新纪元 |
[54:39] | and for women, for all women, and unheard voices. | 也是女性 所有女性及未被听取之声的新纪元 |
[54:45] | Things are going to be quite different from now on. | 从此刻起 很多事将有所不同 |
[54:51] | So, I have some exciting news to share with all of you tonight. | 所以 今晚我要与大家分享一些激动人心的消息 |
[54:56] | Get out your phones. | 拿出手机吧 |
[55:00] | I would like to take this moment | 我想在此宣布 |
[55:02] | to announce my new Morning Show cohost… | 我在”晨间秀”的新搭档… |
[55:08] | Bradley Jackson. | 布莱德利·杰克森 |