时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:43] | Well, didn’t I tell you? Best falafel in all five boroughs. | 我没说错吧 这是五个区里最好吃的炸豆丸子 |
[01:47] | I read about it on Eater. You know about Eater, right? | 我在食客网上看到过 你听说过食客吧 |
[01:50] | – Yeah. Eater’s a great website. – Love it. | -听过 那网站挺好的 -我喜欢 |
[01:51] | Fuck, I love Eater too. | 我也喜欢食客 |
[01:53] | Can we get back to what we were talking about, please? | 我们能继续刚才的话题吗 |
[01:54] | Oh, yeah, please continue. It was titillating. | 继续吧 挺有趣的 |
[01:56] | You were saying you got your hands on some e-mails. | 你说你手头有一些电子邮件 |
[01:58] | Yes. Evidence of transfers. Payoffs. Shuttled complaints. | 对 转账的证据 支付记录还有多项投诉 |
[02:02] | And I know people who can back all this up. | 我还认识能作证的人 |
[02:05] | – There’s a former VP in HR. – Yeah. | -包括一位前人事部副总 -好吧 |
[02:08] | A producer in evening news. | 一位晚间新闻制作人 |
[02:11] | Unfortunately, nobody can tie this directly to Fred. | 可惜谁都不能直接把脏水泼到弗雷德身上 |
[02:15] | ‘Cause, you know, he’s too fucking smart. | 因为他太老奸巨猾了 |
[02:16] | But of course he’s at the center of all this. You know. | 可他一准是幕后主谋 |
[02:19] | I mean, nobody’s doing this shit in a vacuum. | 谁也不会自己去做这些事 |
[02:21] | Everybody’s too busy just trying to fucking survive. | 大家都忙于生计 自顾不暇 |
[02:25] | Including you. | 包括你 |
[02:28] | Hey, look. Just… hear me out. | 听我把话说完 |
[02:32] | Let’s say that I background some of | 假如我把一部分证据 |
[02:35] | this evidence to a reporter, you know. | 透露给一位记者 |
[02:37] | I know somebody at the Times or it could be somebody else, | 我认识”纽约时报”的人 或者其他媒体的人 |
[02:39] | or somebody young and hungry. I don’t know, | 或者某个野心勃勃的年轻人 随便谁都行 |
[02:42] | but I could allude to a larger story about network complicity, okay. | 但是我可以暗示电视网内部有勾结 搞一个大新闻出来 |
[02:46] | I wouldn’t give them any details, | 我不会告诉他们细节 |
[02:47] | but I’d kind of usher them towards it | 但是我会诱导他们往这方面去想 |
[02:49] | and then just fucking let ’em run with it. | 让他们用这些素材做文章 |
[02:51] | Let it build and build, and it turns into a fucking runaway train. | 然后让雪球越滚越大 直到一切像雪崩一样无可挽回 |
[02:54] | – And then we just sit back and… – Let that train crash into Fred. | -我们只需坐下来… -看着雪崩淹没弗雷德 |
[02:57] | Yes. | 是的 |
[03:06] | – Are you gonna… – You’ve seen Planet Earth, right? | -你要… -看过”行星地球”吗 |
[03:10] | The… The nature documentary? | 那个… 自然纪录片吗 |
[03:13] | Documentary series, but, yeah. | 是纪录片系列 但是 也没错 |
[03:16] | It’s really moving, and it’s educational. | 非常感人 很有教育意义 |
[03:18] | You should fucking watch it. It’s David Attenborough. | 你该去看看 主持人是大卫·爱登堡 |
[03:19] | Anyway, there’s this category of animals, | 有这么一类动物 |
[03:21] | they’re called ambush predators. | 叫做伏击型掠食者 |
[03:22] | And they run the gamut between starfish, | 包括海星 |
[03:24] | cephalopods, crustaceans, spiders, snakes, cats even. | 头足动物 甲壳动物 蜘蛛 蛇 甚至猫科动物 |
[03:28] | And ambush predators, they wait for the prey | 伏击型掠食者会静待猎物 |
[03:32] | to come within ambush distance before striking. | 进入伏击范围之后发动突袭 |
[03:35] | They’re deliberate. They usually remain hidden, | 它们十分谨慎 通常藏在暗处 |
[03:37] | in camouflage right up until the moment they strike. | 静静潜伏 直到发起攻击的那一刻 |
[03:40] | But when they do strike, it’s over before it began. | 但它们一旦发起攻击 猎物根本毫无还手之力 |
[03:42] | And then there is pursuit predation. It’s a different strategy. | 还有一种是追捕型掠食 完全不同的策略 |
[03:46] | Direct. Aggressive. | 直截了当 充满攻击性 |
[03:48] | But it only tends to work when the predator is faster than the prey. | 但一般只在掠食者的速度快过猎物的时候才奏效 |
[03:51] | Look, I’m not an amateur, all right. I’m faster than you think. | 听着 我不是个外行人 我比你想的更快 |
[03:55] | You’re not as fast as Fred. | 你没有弗雷德快 |
[03:57] | This is his wilderness, and he’s been running for a long time. | 这是他的地盘 他已经称王很久了 |
[04:01] | He is fucking fast. | 他的速度非常快 |
[04:03] | You do not chase Fred Micklen out in the open | 你绝不能公开跟弗雷德·米克伦作对 |
[04:06] | unless you know you can take him down. | 除非你有十足的把握干掉他 |
[04:09] | Otherwise, he’s gonna turn around, attack you, | 否则他会反击你 |
[04:11] | gut you and eat your innards in the middle of the fucking savanna. | 当场把你开膛破肚 生吞活剥 |
[04:14] | And that’s gonna hurt. A lot. | 那你可就惨了 特别惨 |
[04:17] | I mean, what the fuck am I supposed to do? | 那我该怎么办 |
[04:21] | You wait, man. Were you listening to me? | 你等着 你在听我说吗 |
[04:23] | Until the timing is right and we have enough ammunition. | 待到时机成熟 我们集齐足够的火力 |
[04:26] | Actual airtight evidence that links Fred to a cover-up. | 能证明弗雷德确有掩盖事实这一行为的确凿证据 |
[04:30] | Yeah. That’s easy for you to say. | 你说起来倒是简单 |
[04:31] | Fred has me fucking trained in his rifle sights, okay? | 弗雷德一直紧紧地盯着我呢 |
[04:34] | Hey, man. I just gotta point out right now you seem really desperate, | 我现在想说 你似乎非常心急 |
[04:37] | and desperation is not a strong position to make a big move. | 心急可成不了大事 |
[04:41] | Is that something else you learned from your nature documentary? | 这也是你从自然纪录片学来的吗 |
[04:44] | No. That’s Sun Tzu. Art of War. | 不 这回是”孙子兵法” |
[04:46] | Jesus. Somebody fucking kill me right now. I just… | 天啊 不如现在就杀了我吧 我… |
[04:48] | Look. Chippy. Come on. You’re tired. | 听着 奇普 好了 你累了 |
[04:52] | You just got back from LA. | 你刚从洛杉矶回来 |
[04:54] | Focus on the show. | 集中精力做好节目 |
[04:57] | And be patient. | 有点耐心 |
[05:00] | Wait. | 等一等 |
[05:06] | Night, Chip. | 晚安 奇普 |
[05:08] | Yeah. Fuck you. Good night. | 好吧 去死吧 晚安 |
[05:17] | And, finally, new details have emerged | 终于 新的细节浮出了水面 |
[05:20] | illuminating Weinstein’s mind-set in the final hours before his firing. | 不难看出韦恩斯坦在被开除前的态度 |
[05:23] | In an e-mail that leaked to the press, | 在一封被泄露给媒体的邮件中 |
[05:25] | he wrote to his friends and colleagues, | 他对朋友和同事写道 |
[05:27] | “I’m desperate for your help. | “我急需你们的帮助 |
[05:29] | Just give me the time to have therapy. | 给我一些时间接受治疗 |
[05:31] | Do not let me be fired. | 不要让我被解雇 |
[05:32] | If the industry supports me, that’s all I need.” | 我只需要电影行业的支持” |
[05:36] | So interesting. | 真有意思 |
[05:37] | Yeah, it’s a real window into how he operated | 从中我们不难看出他的行为 |
[05:39] | and how he was able to manipulate the people around him. | 以及他操纵身边人的手段 |
[05:42] | Yeah, I know. It’s how the culture of silence lasted so long. | 没错 所以这种缄默文化才会存在这么久 |
[05:50] | What the fuck am I doing? | 我到底在干什么 |
[06:29] | About a week ago, | 大约一周前 |
[06:32] | you jumped into an elevator | 你冲进电梯 |
[06:33] | to ask me who else knew about what was going on. | 问我还有谁知道内幕 |
[06:36] | Yes, I did that. | 没错 |
[06:37] | Well, if you really wanna know, I can give you the whole story. | 你要是真想知道 我可以告诉你整个故事 |
[06:41] | And I assure you that it is Shakespearean in scope. | 我可以保证 这件事非常具有戏剧性 |
[06:46] | The things that went down. | 到底发生了什么事 |
[06:48] | Who knew. Who covered. | 知情人都有谁 谁掩盖了事实 |
[06:52] | Well, that’s a bit general. I’m gonna need some detail. | 你说得太笼统了 我需要一些细节 |
[06:56] | Actually, there’s something that I want from you, | 其实我从你那里也有想要的东西 |
[06:58] | so I’m not gonna give up the goods just yet. | 所以我暂时不会告诉你细节 |
[07:01] | What could you possibly want from me? | 你想从我这里得到什么呢 |
[07:04] | I want my old platform back. | 我想重新回到镜头前 |
[07:06] | To tell my story. | 讲述我的故事 |
[07:07] | I want… you to interview me on the show. | 我想要… 你在节目上采访我 |
[07:17] | Look, an interview is not gonna happen. | 听着 采访是不可能的 |
[07:20] | I will tell you that right now. | 我现在就可以回复你 |
[07:21] | No? Why not? | 不行 为什么 |
[07:24] | The ratings would go insane. | 收视率会爆表的 |
[07:26] | Yeah, so would the critics. | 没错 批判的人也会多如牛毛 |
[07:28] | And social media. | 社交媒体也会炸锅 |
[07:29] | And… And public opinion would not be in the favor of the show. | 而且… 公众舆论也不会站在节目这边 |
[07:33] | You don’t strike me as the type of person | 我觉得你不像是 |
[07:34] | who gives a shit about public opinion. | 会在意公众舆论的人啊 |
[07:37] | Meeting me for 30 seconds in an elevator | 在电梯里见了我30秒 |
[07:40] | qualifies you to know me somehow? | 就算了解我了吗 |
[07:42] | No. | 不是 |
[07:44] | But am I wrong? | 我说错了吗 |
[07:48] | Look, you’re a journalist. I am bringing you a story. | 听着 你是个记者 我给你带来了故事 |
[07:52] | Disgraced predator going home, | 颜面尽失的性掠食者回到老家 |
[07:55] | talking about his reprehensible behavior. | 去谈论他那应受谴责的行为 |
[08:00] | And also, he lifts the veil | 同时他会揭开 |
[08:02] | that protects the corporate puppet masters. | 企业幕后黑手的遮羞布 |
[08:05] | Who, quite frankly, run the whole fucking country. | 老实说 这些幕后黑手控制着整个国家 |
[08:08] | I mean… | 我想说… |
[08:10] | come on. | 拜托 |
[08:13] | You know Alex will never go for this. | 你知道艾利克斯决不会答应你 |
[08:15] | Not in a million years. Or Chip, for that matter. | 绝对不可能 奇普也不会 |
[08:19] | No, you’re right. Alex would not wanna do it, | 你说得对 艾利克斯不会采访我的 |
[08:21] | for a myriad of reasons. | 她有无数种理由 |
[08:23] | The main one being, she is hardly innocent herself. | 主要是因为她也并不无辜 |
[08:30] | What are you saying? | 你说什么呢 |
[08:32] | She… | 她… |
[08:35] | She wasn’t blind. | 她并不瞎 |
[08:37] | And as for Chip, he’s a dead man. | 至于奇普呢 他就死定了 |
[08:39] | There is no way he survives this. | 这件事要是曝光了 他一定会完蛋 |
[08:43] | It’s in the tea leaves. | 这是他的宿命 |
[08:44] | Can’t fuck with the tea leaves. | 宿命这东西不可小觑 |
[08:49] | I know what you’re doing. | 我知道你打的什么算盘 |
[08:51] | Oh, really? Please. Please tell me my motivation here. | 是吗 那请吧 说说我打的是什么算盘 |
[08:55] | Because everybody else is having such a good time doing that. | 因为其他人一直猜得不亦乐乎 |
[08:59] | You’re not doing this to be altruistic, | 你这么做并非出于无私 |
[09:01] | to take down the big, bad executives at UBA. | 也不是为了推翻UBA邪恶的领导层 |
[09:05] | You’re doing this ’cause you’re hoping to get exonerated. | 你这么做是希望能被免除责任 |
[09:08] | And I don’t want any part of that. | 我可不想参与其中 |
[09:12] | Hey, Bradley. | 布莱德利 |
[09:18] | I have proof. | 我有证据 |
[09:20] | And I can dig up some witnesses. | 我还可以找到证人 |
[09:24] | What kinda witnesses? | 什么样的证人 |
[09:25] | Off the top of my head, I can think of one. | 我立刻就能想到一位 |
[09:28] | A woman I had relations with. | 和我曾经有过关系的一个女人 |
[09:31] | She basically used me to get a career bump. | 她基本上是利用我升了职 |
[09:35] | She doesn’t hate me. | 她不恨我 |
[09:37] | And I think I can get her to back me up. | 我应该能说服她来支持我 |
[09:43] | I am offering you news. | 我在向你提供新闻素材 |
[09:46] | This is an important story. | 这是个重要的故事 |
[09:48] | It matters. | 很重要 |
[09:51] | It could change things. You know that. | 它可能会改变很多事 你知道的 |
[09:56] | What if that important story takes down the network, | 万一这个重要的故事搞垮了电视网 |
[09:59] | but at the same time, it takes down the show and everybody on it? | 搞垮了节目和全体人员呢 |
[10:03] | Yeah, that could happen. That’s a risk. | 这是有可能的 的确有这个风险 |
[10:07] | But you have to ask yourself, is that a risk worth taking? | 但你必须问问自己 这个险值不值得去冒 |
[10:15] | Anyway, let me know. | 无论如何 决定了告诉我 |
[10:18] | Soon. | 请尽快 |
[10:19] | Because I’m going out with this, with or without you. | 因为不管你参不参与 我都要揭露这件事 |
[10:34] | Oh, my God. Just tell me what is going on. | 我的天 告诉我怎么回事 |
[10:37] | I know it’s something horrible. | 我知道一定是不好的事 |
[10:40] | Is someone sick? | 有谁生病了 |
[10:41] | – No. No. No one is sick. – No, no. No. | -不是 没人生病 -不是的 |
[10:43] | No one is sick. | 没人生病 |
[10:44] | Okay, Lizzy. | 好吧 莉兹 |
[10:47] | We love you so much. | 我们非常爱你 |
[10:50] | And nothing’s gonna change. | 一切都不会改变 |
[10:53] | We’re a family, and we will always… | 我们是一家人 我们永远会… |
[10:55] | Okay. What are you saying? Just say it. | 好了 你们到底要说什么 直接说吧 |
[11:00] | Your father and I are getting a divorce. | 我和你父亲要离婚了 |
[11:08] | What? | 怎么了 |
[11:09] | No, no, no. | 不不不 |
[11:10] | No, you told me you were separating so you could work things out. | 你们告诉过我 分居是为了修复感情 |
[11:12] | How did this happen so quickly? | 怎么这么快就要离婚了 |
[11:14] | That was the reason. | 那是离婚的原因 |
[11:15] | It was. Honey, and… and… it was. | 是的 亲爱的 的确… 是的 |
[11:18] | So you lied to me? | 所以你们骗了我 |
[11:20] | – No. – No. | -不是 -不 |
[11:21] | No, we did not lie to you, honey. | 不 我们没有骗你 亲爱的 |
[11:24] | And we did. We tried. | 而且我们努力了 |
[11:26] | We did try. | 我们真的有试图修复感情 |
[11:28] | – Did you, Mom? – Um, yes. | -真的吗 妈妈 -是的 |
[11:31] | How? When? How did you try? | 怎么做的 什么时候 哪些努力 |
[11:34] | – How did you ever try, Mom? – No. Come on. Come on, Lizzy. | -你做了哪些努力 妈妈 -别这样 莉兹 |
[11:37] | It’s okay. It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[11:45] | I… I tried for years, honey. | 我… 我努力了很多年 亲爱的 |
[11:50] | I don’t think you tried. I think you pretended to try. | 我觉得你并没有努力 你是假装在努力 |
[11:54] | Our lives have always been about your job. | 我们的生活始终围着你的工作转 |
[11:57] | And you act like that’s a hardship, but you love your job. You need it. | 你做出工作辛苦的样子 可其实你爱你的工作 你离不开这工作 |
[12:01] | – You need it more than you need us. – No, no. That is not fair. | -比起我们 你更需要这工作 -别 这么说就太过分了 |
[12:05] | That is so untrue. | 根本不是这样的 |
[12:08] | Lizzy, I love you more than I love anything in the world. | 莉兹 我爱你超过这世上的一切 |
[12:12] | You say you love us, but we are never the priority. | 你说你爱我们 但你从不优先考虑我们 |
[12:16] | No, Lizzy. Lizzy. Your mother loves you very much. | 不 莉兹 你母亲非常爱你 |
[12:20] | Honey, I am doing the best that I can. | 亲爱的 我在尽我所能 |
[12:23] | – I… I did what I had to do. – Yeah, for you. | -我… 我做的都是必须做的 -是 对你而言 |
[12:27] | And we have enabled it. | 而且我们纵容了你 |
[12:30] | Okay. So I see the therapy’s kicking in. | 好吧 看来治疗有效果了 |
[12:33] | Don’t make me feel bad about therapy. | 别把治疗说成是坏事 |
[12:36] | I have never had a normal family or a normal life. | 我从未拥有正常的家庭或正常的生活 |
[12:40] | You have never been really present for me or for Dad. | 你从未真正陪伴过我或爸爸 |
[12:43] | And we have been your cheerleaders and your favorite assistants. | 我们一直在做你的拉拉队员和你最爱的助理 |
[12:46] | We have not been your priorities. | 我们一直不是你优先考虑的对象 |
[12:49] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:53] | Lizzy, Lizzy. | 莉兹 |
[12:58] | I was the one who asked for a divorce. Okay? | 提出离婚的是我 懂吗 |
[13:02] | If that’s true, it’s only because she gave you no other choice. | 就算是这样 那也是因为她让你别无选择 |
[13:09] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[13:13] | Would you go after her? She’s very upset. | 你能去追她吗 她很伤心 |
[13:17] | – I’m sorry. – Oh, come on. She had to… | -我很抱歉 -拜托 她必须要… |
[13:21] | She had to blame someone, you know? | 她必须要把这件事怪在某人身上 |
[13:22] | Yeah, all right. Lizzy. | 也对 好吧 莉兹 |
[13:25] | – Jesus. God. – Lizzy. | -老天啊 -莉兹 |
[14:12] | Oh, shit! | 该死 |
[14:17] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:45] | Shit. | 该死 |
[14:48] | “I did abuse the power I had as president. | “我确实有滥用我的总统职权 |
[14:52] | Or, not fulfill the totality of the oath of office.” | 或者未能完全遵守就职誓言” |
[14:57] | That’s the second thing. | 那是第二点 |
[14:59] | And thirdly, | 第三点 |
[15:03] | “I put the American people through two years of needless agony, | “我让美国人民承受了两年不必要的痛苦 |
[15:06] | and I apologize for that.” | 我对此表示抱歉” |
[15:09] | And I say that you explained your motives… | 我认为你已经解释了自己的动机… |
[15:14] | You don’t think I still look puffy? | 我的眼睛还肿着吗 |
[15:16] | You think I would let you go out there looking puffy? | 你觉得我会让你肿着眼睛上镜吗 |
[15:18] | Okay, easy. | 好了 冷静点 |
[15:20] | I guess I just feel it. | 可能是我的错觉吧 |
[15:22] | – Thank you. – You got it. | -谢谢 -不客气 |
[15:29] | Hey. | 你好 |
[15:30] | – Yeah? – Hey there. I was… | -谁啊 -你好 我… |
[15:31] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[15:33] | Just wanted to say hello. | 我想来打个招呼 |
[15:37] | Yeah, um… | 那个… |
[15:39] | so glad we’re out of those fires. | 能离开火灾现场真好 |
[15:43] | Yeah. Sure. | 对啊 当然了 |
[15:44] | I mean, if I had to spend another night at the Safari Inn, | 要是在游猎旅馆里再过上一夜 |
[15:48] | I think I might’ve… I might’ve just died. | 我想我可能… 会死掉 |
[15:54] | So how are you doing? | 你怎么样啊 |
[16:00] | Well, I had to tell Lizzy last night. | 我昨晚跟莉兹摊牌了 |
[16:04] | Actually Jason and I. | 其实杰森和我一起 |
[16:07] | We told her. | 我们告诉她了 |
[16:10] | I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[16:11] | Yeah. | 是吧 |
[16:16] | But hopefully it was like ripping off a Band-Aid? | 希望长痛不如短痛 |
[16:19] | Ripped. | 是短痛 |
[16:21] | Quick and painful. | 很短 但是很痛 |
[16:34] | Do you ever just not know who you are… | 你曾有过不知道自己是谁… |
[16:41] | or what you want? | 或者想要什么的时候吗 |
[16:46] | All of a sudden you just don’t feel anything? | 忽然之间什么感觉都没有了 |
[16:55] | Um, some of that. Yeah. | 大概有过吧 |
[16:59] | I don’t like it. | 我不喜欢这样 |
[17:04] | Is there anything I can do to be helpful? | 有我能帮忙的地方吗 |
[17:07] | Yes. Could you please get the team photo shoot taken off the schedule? | 有啊 能不能请你让他们取消今天的团队合照 |
[17:11] | For later today? | 稍微往后推一点 |
[17:12] | I beg of you. The idea of fake smiling right now… | 求你了 现在让我去假笑… |
[17:15] | I know what you mean. | 我懂你的意思 |
[17:17] | Why do I feel like I’m having yearbook anxiety? | 我怎么感觉像拍学校年刊一样焦虑呢 |
[17:19] | Oh, because you’re about to have your | 因为你的面孔将出现在 |
[17:21] | face plastered all over New York City. | 全纽约市的大街小巷 |
[17:24] | – Oh, God. – On buses, on buildings. | -天啊 -巴士上 建筑物上 |
[17:26] | I’ve never seen myself on a building. | 我从没在建筑物上看到过自己的脸 |
[17:28] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[17:29] | Why is that necessary? | 干嘛非要那么做啊 |
[17:31] | Well, | 这个嘛 |
[17:32] | because they have to erase Mitch Kessler from everyone’s memory. | 因为他们必须将米奇·凯斯勒从大家的记忆中抹去 |
[17:42] | Like he was never here. | 就像他从未出现过 |
[17:50] | Do you miss him? | 你想他吗 |
[17:55] | I do. | 想啊 |
[18:00] | Have you… tried to talk to him since he was fired? | 他被开除之后… 你有跟他谈过吗 |
[18:09] | I’ve reached out to him once or twice. | 我去找过他一 两次 |
[18:14] | He thought hiring you was batshit crazy. | 他认为聘请你完全是病急乱投医 |
[18:17] | Well, he’s not wrong about that. | 这一点他倒是没说错 |
[18:22] | Yeah. Mitch has a way of not being wrong a lot. | 对啊 米奇很少出错 |
[18:27] | The fucker. | 那个混蛋 |
[18:34] | Well, I guess the show has to go on. | 节目必须要做下去 |
[18:36] | – Yes, it does. – I will see you in the big teacup. | -对啊 -我们主播台上见吧 |
[18:39] | I’ll see you there. | 主播台上见 |
[18:41] | Hey, thanks for checking in on me. | 谢谢你来看我 |
[18:45] | Yeah. | 别客气 |
[18:52] | Now, folks, if you’re like me, | 观众朋友们 如果大家像我一样 |
[18:53] | you used to dream of a day when robots are part of our everyday lives. | 曾梦想有一天 机器人会成为我们日常生活的一部分 |
[18:57] | So, we are pushing the bird flu scare to the D block. | 我们要把禽流感恐慌挪到D段 |
[19:00] | CDC hasn’t even officially responded, so I don’t know, | 疾控中心还没有正式回应 我不知道 |
[19:02] | fuck them and fuck the birds. | 他们去死吧 该死的鸟类 |
[19:04] | But now we have a gap in the C block. | 但是现在C段有一个空档 |
[19:05] | Gotta fill it quickly. I’m open to ideas. Go. | 必须尽快填上 给我出点主意 快点 |
[19:08] | Bradley’s pre-tape with the high school lacrosse coach | 布莱德利拍过高中袋棍球教练 |
[19:10] | who doped up his players is in the can for tomorrow. | 他给选手们吃兴奋剂 原计划明天播出的 |
[19:12] | It’s a really strong interview. She holds his feet to the fire. | 那次采访很劲爆 她给了他很大压力 |
[19:14] | It’s juicy, but does it really have the impact of the bird flu? | 很有料 但严重性比得上禽流感吗 |
[19:16] | It’s provocative. It’s about power, manipulation. | 很有煽动性 涉及到权力与操纵他人 |
[19:19] | It has national resonance. | 会引起全国共鸣 |
[19:20] | What about the EPA’s new report on climate change? | 环保局的气候变化新报告怎么样 |
[19:22] | We already cut that segment. | 那段已经被取消了 |
[19:24] | – Are we reconsidering? – The report’s dry. | -要重新考虑吗 -那报告很无聊 |
[19:25] | – There’s nothing revelatory in it. – Fact that the human race is going | -完全没有启迪性 -报告说全人类 |
[19:28] | to burst into flames in 20 years feels like a pretty big story. | 将在20年后遭遇浩劫 感觉挺严重的 |
[19:30] | Really? Twenty years? I guess I missed that section. | 真的吗 20年 我大概错过了那一段 |
[19:32] | – Maybe you read between the lines. – It’s not there. | -也许你该读一下引申意 -里面没写 |
[19:34] | All right. Enough. Enough. | 好了 够了 |
[19:36] | Let’s pull up Bradley’s interview. | 我们就用布莱德利的采访 |
[19:37] | Mia’s right. It’s strong. The story’s blowing up. | 米娅说得对 这采访有力度 会引起关注 |
[19:39] | Just one last thing, the climate change report is actual news. | 最后说一句 气候变化报告是真正的新闻 |
[19:42] | Let it go, Nicky. | 别纠结了 尼基 |
[19:43] | It’s connected to the fires we just spent half of the week covering. | 这份报告跟我们报道了半个星期的火灾有关 |
[19:45] | Stop pushing. Chip is your boss. | 别强求了 奇普是你的老板 |
[19:47] | Well, he’s yours too, so pull your lips off his ass. | 他也是你的老板 别再拍他马屁了 |
[19:50] | Everybody already knows that’s your specialty. | 大家都知道那是你的特长 |
[19:53] | Yes. Well, I will be sending well-wishes to the whole family. | 好的 我会把美好的祝愿转告给那家人 |
[19:56] | Yes, we are. We are. | 是 我们会的 |
[19:58] | And also, we have exciting news in the world… | 同时 我们有令人兴奋的国际新闻… |
[20:00] | Sorry, that was, uh… I’m sorry, Mia. | 对不起 这话… 对不起 米娅 |
[20:03] | It’s okay. Let’s move on. | 没关系 我们继续吧 |
[20:04] | Frank Marklan’s explosive new book, | 弗兰克·马克兰人气超高的新书 |
[20:07] | Five Days in October, was released today. | “十月里的五天”今天出版了 |
[20:10] | We’re not moving on. | 我们不继续了 |
[20:12] | Pack up your stuff. You’re done. | 收拾东西 你走人吧 |
[20:15] | – What? – Chip. | -什么 -奇普 |
[20:16] | Get the fuck out of my control room. | 给我滚出主控室 |
[20:18] | … here in the studio to discuss the controversial details | … 来到演播厅讨论 |
[20:21] | he’s alleging in the book. | 书中颇具争议的细节 |
[20:22] | I am so excited for that interview, Bradley. | 我非常期待那场采访 布莱德利 |
[20:26] | Thank you, Alex. | 谢谢你 艾利克斯 |
[20:27] | And now on to a big story… | 继续来关注重大消息… |
[20:30] | Great. This is… | 太好了 这… |
[20:33] | … Congress has been working on a foreign aid package to help the victims. | … 国会一直在准备对外援助措施以帮助受害者 |
[20:35] | Awesome. | 太棒了 |
[20:37] | I’m being punished for saying to her face | 就因为我当着她面 |
[20:39] | what every single person who works here | 说出别人背着她说了一年半的坏话 |
[20:40] | has been already saying behind her back for 18 months? | 我就要受到惩罚吗 |
[20:43] | – Really fucking great! – Get the fuck out! | -真是太他妈棒了 -滚出去 |
[20:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:45] | With the president’s veto, | 因为总统的否决 |
[20:46] | Congress would be sent back to square one… | 国会将回到原点… |
[20:49] | Stand by for live feed. | 准备切到现场信号 |
[20:50] | Okay. Come on. Nothing to see here. | 好了 走吧 这里没什么好看的 |
[20:53] | Got a show to do. Let’s get back to work. | 还有节目要做 继续工作吧 |
[20:54] | … chief Washington correspondent, Andrea Lasson, | … 首席华盛顿记者安德莉亚·拉森 |
[20:56] | has more on this story… | 将进一步报道此事… |
[20:57] | And take it live feed. | 切到现场信号 |
[21:15] | – You have to hire him back! – Are you fucking kidding me right now? | -你必须把他雇回来 -你在开玩笑吗 |
[21:18] | Do you think you’re helping me? Because you’re not! | 你觉得这是在帮我吗 绝对不是 |
[21:20] | God, Mia, this is not just about you. I’m sorry… | 天啊 米娅 这件事不仅仅关于你 抱歉… |
[21:22] | You just made everything worse! | 你把情况弄得更糟了 |
[21:23] | What the fuck do you want from me? | 你到底想要我怎样 |
[21:25] | I did not fuck Mitch! | 跟米奇上床的人又不是我 |
[21:27] | I did not make that terrible decision! | 走错那一步的人又不是我 |
[21:28] | I’m the one who’s fucking paying for it every day! F… | 每天要为此付出代价的人却是我 操… |
[21:36] | Look, I can’t… | 听着 我不能… |
[21:38] | I wasn’t perfect. I know that. But I can’t fucking fix it all. | 我并不完美 我知道 但是我无法修复这一切 |
[21:42] | That’s all I’m ever going to be to everyone here, isn’t it? | 我在大家眼中永远都是个马屁精 对吧 |
[21:44] | Come on, Mia. I’m just at the end of my rope. I’m sorry. I didn’t… | 拜托 米娅 我尽力了 对不起 我没有… |
[21:51] | – I have to get back to work. – I’m sorry. Fuck. | -我必须回去工作了 -对不起 该死 |
[21:57] | Oh, shit. | 该死 |
[22:00] | Oh, shit. | 该死 |
[22:11] | Weather is up after tape. | 录播之后接天气预报 |
[22:13] | Over large portions of the… | 在大量的… |
[22:16] | – Something you need? – Look at your e-mail. | -你有什么需要吗 -快看邮件 |
[22:18] | – What? – Did you get an e-mail? | -什么 -你有收到邮件吗 |
[22:20] | – I get a lot of e-mails. – Do it! | -我每天收很多邮件 -快看 |
[22:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[22:25] | Shit. | 该死 |
[22:26] | HR. They want to speak to me. Did you get the same thing? | 人事部想找我谈话 你也收到同样的邮件了吗 |
[22:31] | – Do they know? – Maybe someone saw us. Someone told them. | -他们知道了吗 -也许有人看到我们 然后告诉了他们 |
[22:34] | I feel like my body is going into shock. | 我感觉我要休克了 |
[22:36] | I feel weak. And clammy. What do we do? | 我感觉双腿发软 浑身冒汗 我们怎么办 |
[22:40] | Don’t vomit. Just drink a little orange juice. | 不要呕吐 去喝一点橙汁 |
[22:42] | Yanko, I’m terrified. | 扬科 我好怕 |
[22:45] | Okay. Okay. Give me this. | 好了 把这个给我 |
[22:49] | Okay. Okay. Just listen to me, all right? | 冷静一点 听我说 |
[22:51] | We, um… We just… We go to HR together, | 我们… 我们就… 一起去人事部 |
[22:54] | and we just tell them that we’re dating. | 告诉他们我们在交往 |
[22:56] | And that they should put that on the record. We get ahead of it. | 让他们记录在案 我们要占取先机 |
[22:59] | Or I have another idea. We go to HR, and we deny, deny, deny. | 我还有个主意 我们去人事部 然后全盘否定 |
[23:03] | – No, it’s not gonna work. – It worked for Clinton. | -那样行不通 -在克林顿那就行得通 |
[23:05] | Clinton was impeached, okay? | 克林顿被弹劾了 好吗 |
[23:06] | It’s right. Clinton was impeached. I’d forgotten. | 对 克林顿被弹劾了 我忘了 |
[23:09] | – Thank you for the research. – Back in 60 seconds. | -谢谢你的调研 -60秒后回来 |
[23:10] | – Throwing to Yanko. – You got it. Thank you. | -扬科准备 -没问题 谢谢 |
[23:16] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[23:18] | And I hate every moment that I have to hide it. | 我讨厌自己随时都要隐藏对你的爱 |
[23:22] | I wanna take you to dinner at a nice restaurant, | 我想带你去豪华的餐厅 |
[23:26] | where we can order steak and drink wine, | 我们可以点牛排 喝红酒 |
[23:28] | and I can hold your hand and kiss you. | 我可以握着你的手 亲吻你 |
[23:31] | Make really bad jokes. | 讲冷笑话 |
[23:37] | Will you go with me? | 你愿意和我一起去吗 |
[23:39] | – Yanko. – Now is the time. | -扬科 -就是现在 |
[23:51] | I’ll meet you in HR. | 一会儿人事部见 |
[23:53] | After the photo shoot. | 拍完照之后 |
[23:56] | I can’t wait. | 我等不及了 |
[23:57] | And we’re back in… | 准备回来 倒计时… |
[24:01] | five, four, three… | 五 四 三… |
[24:08] | Thank you, Andrea. Great reporting. That was fascinating. | 谢谢你 安德莉亚 报道十分精彩 引人入胜 |
[24:11] | Of course, Bradley was a bit of an | 当初在全国舞台上 |
[24:13] | unknown quantity on the national stage, | 布莱德利还有一定的未知性 |
[24:15] | but she came to us with an extensive body of work and experience. | 但她刚来就展现出了丰富的工作经验 |
[24:19] | So, any hiccups we had with her as coanchor were really because we… | 她当联合主播期间出了一些小问题 主要是因为我们… |
[24:22] | I mean, let’s face it, | 实话说吧 |
[24:24] | I was slow to tailor the show to the talent, you know. | 是我没有及时根据她的特点调整节目 |
[24:30] | It’s like we were forcing Steph Curry to play in the paint. | 就好比我们强迫斯蒂芬·库里去打内线 |
[24:34] | Which is just bad coaching, you know. | 那就是教练的失职 |
[24:36] | When you got a player like Bradley, | 像布莱德利这种选手 |
[24:38] | you hand her the ball beyond the three-point line | 要在三分线外就把球传给她 |
[24:39] | and you just give her the green light. | 然后给她开绿灯就好 |
[24:41] | And now’s really the fun part where we get to sit back | 这才是有趣的部分 我们可以坐下来 |
[24:44] | and really, you know, watch her do what she does. | 看着她表演就行了 |
[24:46] | Okay. Great. That should do it. | 好的 太好了 应该可以了 |
[24:52] | – That’s it? – That’s it. | -可以了吗 -可以了 |
[24:55] | With that basketball analogy, | 加上那段篮球的比喻 |
[24:57] | this profile is practically gonna write itself. | 这篇文章会非常好写 |
[25:02] | You didn’t ask me about Mitch or any of that stuff. | 你没有问我关于米奇的任何事 |
[25:03] | I don’t have time for boilerplate denials. | 我没时间听 你一定会全盘否认 |
[25:06] | I’ve got what I need. | 我已经得到需要的信息了 |
[25:12] | You think you’ve got it. | 你以为你得到了 |
[25:14] | Is that right? | 是吗 |
[25:16] | Well, I’m not writing that story anyway. | 我反正不会去写那个故事 |
[25:20] | Which, seems to me, should come as a major relief to you, Chip. | 在我看来 你应该大大地松了一口气才对 |
[25:25] | Mag… Maggie, Maggie, Maggie. | 玛姬… 玛姬 |
[25:27] | Can you… Can you do me a favor? | 你能… 你能帮我个忙吗 |
[25:29] | Can you fucking trust me for a second here, please? | 你能相信我一次吗 |
[25:33] | What? | 什么 |
[25:36] | Look, I’m trying to… I can tell you… | 听着 我在试图… 我可以告诉你… |
[25:39] | I can share with you some things, | 我可以向你透露一些事 |
[25:43] | point you toward things | 然后你能顺藤摸瓜 |
[25:45] | that incriminate the network to the highest level. | 揭发电视网最高层的罪行 |
[25:49] | Primarily, the highest fucking level. | 主要是最高层的罪行 |
[25:54] | Obviously this would have to be on deep, deep fucking background. | 很显然 你绝对不能曝光消息来源 |
[26:00] | And if you’re interested, I’d want you to | 要是你有兴趣 |
[26:03] | get back to me sooner rather than later. | 我希望你能尽快给我答复 |
[26:07] | Do I understand what you’re saying to me? | 你觉得我听懂你的话了吗 |
[26:11] | Yes, you understand. | 是的 你听懂了 |
[26:14] | This isn’t like you. | 这不像你的作风 |
[26:17] | You have the reputation as a good soldier. | 你一向以得力干将著称 |
[26:20] | Yeah. Well, this good soldier’s not really… | 是的 这位得力干将现在… |
[26:23] | Not really sure what he’s protecting anymore, you know, so… | 不太确定自己到底在保护什么了 |
[26:28] | What’s making you feel bold? | 你为什么会这么大胆 |
[26:33] | What if it was 15 years of complicity? | 也许是长达15年的同谋呢 |
[26:36] | No. Sorry. | 不行 抱歉 |
[26:38] | You don’t grow a conscience overnight. | 良心是不会一夜之间出现的 |
[26:40] | Not when you’re in charge of the jewel asset | 而且你还在负责这么大的一棵摇钱树 |
[26:43] | of a multibillion-dollar corporation. | 一家市值几十亿美元的企业 |
[26:46] | You grow a conscience… | 良心只有在… |
[26:48] | when someone from that corporation gives you permission to have one. | 企业里有人允许你拥有的时候 你才会有 |
[26:56] | Maggie, I’m offering you a really good story here. | 玛姬 我在向你提供一个非常精彩的故事 |
[26:58] | And I’m looking for the better one. | 我想找更精彩的故事 |
[27:03] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[27:05] | Let’s both think about it, and I’ll call you. | 我们都考虑一下 我会联系你的 |
[27:19] | Cory, my office is going to reach out to yours about setting a meeting. | 科利 我的办公室会联系你的办公室安排一场会议 |
[27:24] | Okay. | 好的 |
[27:25] | Fun. Who with? | 有意思 和谁开会 |
[27:27] | No. Don’t tell me. I like to be surprised. | 不 别告诉我 我喜欢惊喜 |
[27:28] | It’s with Marlon Tate. | 是和马龙·泰特 |
[27:30] | Potential EP candidate for The Morning Show. | “晨间秀”的监制候选人 |
[27:37] | Chip finally had that heart attack? | 奇普终于犯心脏病了吗 |
[27:38] | Damn it. Condolences. | 该死 深表哀悼 |
[27:41] | The internal investigation will wrap up soon. | 内部调查就快结束了 |
[27:43] | We don’t know what will be in the report, | 我们不知道报告里会写些什么 |
[27:44] | and we need to be ready with contingencies. | 要针对可能发生的事做好准备 |
[27:48] | Marlon’s good. I’ve known him for years. | 马龙很优秀 我认识他很多年了 |
[27:50] | Came up in evening news, but he gets the morning audience. | 他是晚间新闻出身 但他能吸引早间观众 |
[27:53] | Thank you for the recommendation, Fred. | 谢谢你的推荐 弗雷德 |
[27:55] | It’s not a recommendation. | 这不是推荐 |
[27:58] | Marlon’s the guy. | 就是马龙了 |
[28:07] | I hear you, Fred. | 我听见了 弗雷德 |
[28:09] | And as head of the news division, I’ll take it under advisement. | 作为新闻部的主管 我会考虑这个建议 |
[28:18] | Is there something you’d like to say to me? | 你有话想对我说吗 |
[28:25] | Yes. | 有 |
[28:30] | – Are you happy, Fred? – ‘Scuse me? | -你快乐吗 弗雷德 -你说什么 |
[28:33] | Are you like a happy person in life? | 你的日子过得快乐吗 |
[28:35] | I know you have a wife, a couple houses and a network, | 我知道你有妻有房 还有个电视网 |
[28:37] | but you don’t seem very fulfilled by any of it. | 但是这些似乎并不能让你满足 |
[28:41] | I honestly don’t think I’ve ever seen you smile | 老实说 我好像没看到过你的笑容 |
[28:43] | for more than a second or two in a row. | 持续一两秒以上 |
[28:45] | Which is too bad, because smiling, it’s fun to smile. | 真是不幸 因为笑是很有趣的 |
[28:48] | It feels good. | 令人感觉良好 |
[28:50] | You should spend more time doing things that you enjoy. | 你应该多花些时间去做喜欢的事 |
[28:52] | Maybe you’ll have more time to do that soon. I sure hope so. | 也许你很快就有更多时间去做了 我希望如此 |
[28:55] | It’s just some personal advice. Take it or leave it. | 这只是我个人的建议 听不听随你 |
[28:59] | I thought I’d share… | 我只是觉得… |
[29:02] | before you find yourself left with nothing but a permanent frown. | 在你变得郁郁寡欢之前 应该给你这个建议 |
[29:10] | Let me know how it goes with Marlon. | 记得告诉我跟马龙的开会结果 |
[29:26] | Okay. So, unfortunately, this is not the best time to get divorced. | 好吧 很不巧 这并不是离婚的最佳时机 |
[29:34] | Are you suggesting that there is a good time to get divorced? | 你是说离婚还有最佳时机吗 |
[29:38] | Well, if someone has been the victim of abuse, | 如果有人是家庭暴力的受害者 |
[29:42] | filing for divorce is perceived to be empowering. | 这个人提出离婚 会被视为增加其自主权 |
[29:45] | It’s someone taking back the reins on their own life. | 等同于某人在重新掌控生活 |
[29:48] | – Is there anything there? – Abuse? | -你有被家暴吗 -家暴 |
[29:55] | Nope. No abuse. Bummer. | 不 没有家暴 真遗憾 |
[29:58] | Yeah, cross that off. | 是啊 把这一条划掉吧 |
[30:00] | Oh, my gosh. Are you really kidding me with this? | 我的天啊 你在开玩笑吗 |
[30:03] | It’s a marriage. Marriages end. I mean, my God. | 这是婚姻 离婚是很正常的 我的老天 |
[30:07] | Especially celebrity marriages, I mean, | 尤其是名人的婚姻 |
[30:09] | they should be measured in dog years. | 他们应该用狗的年龄来计算 |
[30:13] | Jason and I would be celebrating 140 years. | 这样杰森和我就结婚140年了 |
[30:17] | Success. | 多成功啊 |
[30:18] | That’s not how people are gonna see it. | 人们是不会这么看待你的 |
[30:20] | First of all, they’re gonna wonder if | 首先人们会想 |
[30:22] | you were having an affair with Mitch. | 你是否和米奇有一腿 |
[30:24] | And if you did, that’s okay. | 如果有也没关系 |
[30:26] | – Okay. – You just… should tell us. | -好 -你应该… 告诉我们 |
[30:28] | – It’s better to get ahead of these things. – Right. | -这种事情最好占据主动 -对 |
[30:30] | Either way, people are definitely going to notice that Mitch’s wife | 无论如何 人们一定会注意到米奇的妻子 |
[30:35] | filed for divorce right before your divorce was announced. | 在你宣布离婚之前已经申请离婚 |
[30:39] | And then there’s the matter of which of you files for the divorce. | 然后还要考虑 你们两人是谁提出离婚 |
[30:43] | If you file, people will think that it makes you look heartless. | 如果是你 人们会认为你很无情 |
[30:46] | If Jason files, people will think that he caught you with another man. | 如果是杰森 人们会认为他发现你出轨 |
[30:50] | Either that or he just couldn’t put up | 即便不是这样 人们也会认为 |
[30:52] | with a high-maintenance celebrity anymore, | 他受不了你这种难伺候的名人了 |
[30:54] | which makes you read pathetic. | 这会令你显得很可悲 |
[30:56] | Unless of course, Jason was cheating | 当然了 除非是杰森 |
[30:58] | on you with, let’s say, a younger woman. | 和一位更年轻的女子搞外遇 |
[31:01] | That plays well. | 那样对你有利 |
[31:03] | People will look at you with pity. | 人们会用同情的眼光看你 |
[31:05] | But it’s pity mixed with sympathy, | 但同情中也掺杂着支持 |
[31:07] | so definitely let us know about that. | 如果有这种情况 一定要告诉我们 |
[31:15] | Daniel, your show is a fucking car crash. | 丹尼尔 你们的节目真像车祸现场 |
[31:18] | Even I’m watching. I mean, Alex crying over that fucking dog. | 连我都在看 艾利克斯竟然为一只狗哭泣 |
[31:22] | Who would turn away? But it’s not gonna last. | 这谁能抗拒啊 但这是不会长久的 |
[31:25] | Look, you’re on the winning team for now. | 听着 你现在暂时处于领先的队伍之中 |
[31:28] | But the real beauty about being on the number-two show | 但作为排行第二的节目 我们真正的优势在于 |
[31:31] | is that they will spend whatever it takes | 为了争夺第一 我们会不惜一切 |
[31:33] | on talent to get them to number one. | 高薪聘请优秀人才 |
[31:35] | The remuneration at UBA is not my problem. | 我对UBA电视网的薪水没意见 |
[31:38] | What is your problem? | 那你有什么意见 |
[31:38] | Because my problem is UBA parading around a couple of white women | 因为我的意见在于 UBA围绕两位白人女性大做文章 |
[31:43] | to show how progressive the network is for having two female coanchors | 用两位女主持彰显电视网的进步性 |
[31:46] | while the brown people are left to make sure | 有色人种却被晾在一边 |
[31:48] | that the trains of their dresses don’t touch the ground. | 成了给她们提裙子的跟班 |
[31:50] | I would be outraged. | 换作是我 我会被气死 |
[31:53] | This is the thing that outrages me. | 这是令我特别愤懑的事 |
[31:55] | TMS pulled me from a job which I actually liked, | “晨间秀”不让我去做我真正喜欢的工作 |
[32:00] | wooed me based on my political acumen, | 却依据我的政治敏锐来哄我 |
[32:02] | promised me a space to do what I love to do. | 承诺会给我机会做喜欢的工作 |
[32:07] | Instead, they have me doing the fucking Twist. | 结果呢 他们让我去做该死的”乐动飞扬” |
[32:12] | So while, once again, my ego loves that you’re interested in me… | 所以再说一次 你对我感兴趣安抚了我的自尊心… |
[32:18] | My fear is that YDA would just be a lateral move | 但是呢 我又担心YDA和”乐动飞扬”水准相当 |
[32:22] | to a longer version of The Twist. | 只是时间更长而已 |
[32:26] | I want to do the news. | 我想做新闻 |
[32:28] | I want people to be excited about it. | 我想让人们对新闻感到兴奋 |
[32:30] | And I want that to be enough. | 我希望这些可以满足我 |
[32:35] | See? This is why I want you on YDA. | 看吧 所以我才想让你来YDA |
[32:39] | Daniel, you are a beautiful, deep-feeling, | 丹尼尔 你是一位英俊 深情而又无聊 |
[32:42] | boring man who loves hard news. | 喜爱重大新闻的人 |
[32:44] | – I’m not kidding. – Neither am I. | -我可没开玩笑 -我也没有 |
[32:47] | Okay, people watch YDA because it’s fun. | 听着 观众看我们的节目是因为它很有趣 |
[32:49] | It’s light, it’s poppy. And Jimmy and I, we have that covered. | 轻松又活泼 我和吉米已经搞定了这个方面 |
[32:52] | Hell, I enjoy interviewing the surviving | 我很喜欢采访 |
[32:55] | members of the Bay City Rollers. | 湾市狂飙者乐团依然健在的成员 |
[32:56] | But we are never going to beat TMS by being fun. | 但凭借有趣永远无法打败”晨间秀” |
[33:00] | We need boring. We need gravitas. | 我们需要无聊 我们需要严肃 |
[33:03] | We need political credibility. | 我们需要政治信誉 |
[33:05] | And you have that coming out the wazoo. | 而这些正是你所具备的特质 |
[33:07] | TMS is vulnerable right now. | “晨间秀”现在摇摇欲坠 |
[33:10] | There are people there that I care about, | 节目组里有我在乎的人 |
[33:12] | people that would be hurt if I jump. | 如果我跳槽 他们会很难过 |
[33:16] | Alison, Yanko… | 艾莉森 扬科… |
[33:17] | Yes. I know. Your lovely friends at the Minority Report. | 是 我知道 你那些”少数派报告”里的可爱朋友们 |
[33:21] | – Low blow. – Accurate. | -这么说不公平 -但是很准确 |
[33:24] | Still. It’s not easy. | 我还是很为难 |
[33:28] | Well, the TMS family is broken, | “晨间秀”的家庭已经破碎了 |
[33:31] | and it never really included anyone whose name wasn’t Mitch or Alex. | 除了米奇和艾利克斯 其他人从未真正属于其中 |
[33:39] | And, you know, if you’ve seen it on WebMD or something. | 还有 如果你在健康网站上看到过 |
[33:43] | As soon as possible, but tell them I don’t wanna know. | 尽快给我 但是告诉他们我不想知道 |
[33:45] | – All right. – Thank you. | -好 -谢谢 |
[33:48] | Where’s the rest of the family? | 其他几位家里人呢 |
[33:50] | I don’t know. Maybe they’re walking the dog. | 不知道 也许他们遛狗去了 |
[33:52] | Funny kind of family. | 这一家子真有趣 |
[33:54] | Yep. Dysfunctional. | 对 机能失调 |
[33:58] | Just like a real family. | 和真正的家庭一样 |
[34:00] | All right. I’m back. | 好了 我回来了 |
[34:02] | All here. | 都在这里 |
[34:03] | Let’s capture this happy shit. | 来拍个欢乐的破照片吧 |
[34:07] | – Can I talk to you for a second? – Yeah. | -能借一步说话吗 -好 |
[34:11] | Yeah. | 好 |
[34:13] | So, apparently I have to announce my | 是这样的 看样子我必须要在 |
[34:16] | divorce on the show sometime next week. | 下周某一天的节目上宣布离婚 |
[34:19] | – Oh, gosh. I’m sorry. – That’s okay. | -天啊 我很遗憾 -没事的 |
[34:21] | I just wanted to give you the heads-up. | 我想给你事先提个醒 |
[34:22] | So, be prepared for some awkward airtime. | 准备好播出气氛尴尬的节目 |
[34:24] | Well, awkward airtime is my specialty. | 播气氛尴尬的节目是我的特长 |
[34:27] | But thank you for the heads-up. | 不过谢谢你的提醒 |
[34:29] | Yeah. And obviously this stays between us. | 当然了 这件事不要告诉别人 |
[34:32] | – Of course. – Okay. Thank you. | -一定的 -好的 谢谢你 |
[34:34] | I just have to be so careful about what I say. | 我说话必须非常小心谨慎 |
[34:36] | I mean, I just met with this PR woman who scared the crap out of me. | 我刚刚见了一位公关部的女士 她把我吓了个半死 |
[34:41] | Reminded me that I’m walking into this land mine of speculation and… | 她让我想起 我正迈入一个充满怀疑的危险境地… |
[34:45] | about my marriage and my sanity and… | 人们猜测我的婚姻状况 精神状态… |
[34:50] | Mitch. | 还有米奇的事 |
[34:51] | Fuck, I don’t know, you and me. | 可恶 我不知道 你和我 |
[34:54] | Maybe you and I are in love. | 也许你和我相爱了 |
[34:55] | God, that would be preferable. | 天啊 我倒更希望是那样 |
[34:58] | Well, that all sounds brutal. | 听起来真要命 |
[35:00] | I’m here if you need anything. | 有需要就尽管来找我 |
[35:02] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[35:04] | Wait. | 等等 |
[35:05] | Actually. | 其实呢 |
[35:08] | Maybe we could work on something together? | 也许我们可以合作一下 |
[35:12] | For your divorce announcement? | 合作宣布你离婚的事吗 |
[35:14] | Yeah. I mean, you’re sitting right there | 是 在我宣布的时候 |
[35:17] | – when I have to do it. – Right. | -你就坐在我身边 -是 |
[35:19] | You know, we could make it into a dialogue. | 我们可以通过对话的方式 |
[35:22] | And since your specialty seems to be… | 而你的专长似乎是… |
[35:29] | being human. | 有人性 |
[35:31] | Couldn’t hurt. | 值得一试 |
[35:33] | I mean, we could workshop it over dinner tonight at my apartment. | 我们可以今晚在我的公寓 边吃晚餐边练习 |
[35:39] | – Oh, um, that would be great. – Yeah? | -那太好了 -是吗 |
[35:41] | No. Yeah. I would love that. Um, I’ll bring some food. | 对 好啊 我很愿意来 我会带些吃的来 |
[35:44] | Oh, you don’t have to do that. I have it covered. | 不必客气 吃的我已经搞定了 |
[35:46] | – Okay. – Okay, ladies. | -好 -好了 女士们 |
[35:47] | – Yeah. – You look beautiful. And you’re ready. | -是 -你们很美 也准备好了 |
[35:49] | So, what do you say we do this? | 要不我们开始吧 |
[35:51] | All right. | 好吧 |
[35:52] | – Let’s go be a family. – Oh, God. | -来拍全家福吧 -天啊 |
[35:53] | – Pictures. – Okay, guys. Come on. | -照相了 -各位 来 |
[35:54] | – Here we go. – Happy. Happiness. | -来吧 -开心点 |
[35:56] | Happy family. Good. One, two, three. | 开心的一家人 好 一 二 三 |
[35:58] | Good. Big smiles. | 好的 笑开心点 |
[35:59] | Tilt your hips towards me a tiny bit. Good. | 把胯部向我倾斜一点点 好 |
[36:01] | – That looks good. Right there. Freeze. – Serious or smiling? | -看起来很棒 就这样 别动 -严肃 还是微笑 |
[36:03] | That’s nice, that’s nice. Right there. That’s a good shot. | 很好 这个好 这张拍得好 |
[36:05] | One, two, three. Good. Chins up a little bit. | 一 二 三 好 下巴稍稍抬起一点 |
[36:07] | Shift a little bit this way so you can lean in. | 向这边一点 这样可以向前倾一点 |
[36:10] | Good. Good. Smile. Great. Good idea. | 很好 笑一笑 很好 想法真不错 |
[36:12] | – Beautiful. – Everybody knows this is my wrong side… | -漂亮 -大家都知道我这一侧不好看… |
[36:13] | There is no wrong side for you. Stop it. | 你是360度无死角 别瞎说 |
[36:15] | – I had caffeine. – Thank you. | -我喝了咖啡 -谢谢 |
[36:18] | Good. Bradley, chin up a little bit? | 好的 布莱德利 下巴抬一点 |
[36:20] | One, two, three. Good. Big smiles. There we go. | 一 二 三 好 再笑一笑 好的 |
[36:34] | You know, Nicky was just making a joke. | 尼基只是开个玩笑 |
[36:37] | He’s a good kid. | 他是个好小伙 |
[36:40] | Shouldn’t have his life ruined over making a joke. | 他的人生不该被一个玩笑毁掉 |
[36:42] | – I mean, he apologized. – I didn’t fire him. Chip fired him. | -而且他道歉了 -炒掉他的不是我 是奇普 |
[36:46] | If you say so. | 你说是就是吧 |
[36:48] | Bart, drop it. | 巴特 别说了 |
[36:51] | Yeah. I’ll drop it. | 行吧 我闭嘴 |
[36:59] | Some other people are never gonna drop it though. | 但是某些人永远也不会闭嘴 |
[37:19] | Hi, everyone. | 大家好 |
[37:22] | Can I have your attention, please? | 请大家听我说几句吧 |
[37:26] | It’s Mia Jordan here. | 我是米娅·乔丹 |
[37:28] | – Can I have everyone’s attention? – What is that? | -请大家听我说 -怎么回事 |
[37:31] | Hi. | 你们好 |
[37:32] | I’m the scorned, oversensitive woman | 我是一个被众人鄙视 过度敏感的女人 |
[37:36] | – who screwed the lead anchor… – Oh, fuck. | -我睡了头号主播… -该死 |
[37:38] | To help her career. | 就是为了升职 |
[37:40] | And got him fired | 害得他被开除 |
[37:43] | when he didn’t want to leave his wife. | 因为他不想离婚 |
[37:45] | And now I’m out for blood. | 现在我要复仇了 |
[37:46] | So, everybody with a dick better be careful | 所以 男人们最好小心点 |
[37:50] | ’cause she hates dicks now. | 因为我现在讨厌男人 |
[37:55] | Dicks, beware! | 男人们 当心了 |
[37:58] | Don’t leave your home at night without an escort, | 半夜不要孤身一人出门 |
[38:02] | because the vengeful, slutty, feminist bitch, | 因为浪荡的复仇女权婊 |
[38:07] | Mia Jordan, is out there somewhere. | 米娅·乔丹就潜伏在某处 |
[38:09] | Well, should we do something here? | 我们要采取点措施吗 |
[38:11] | No, no, we should let her speak. Let her speak. | 不要 我们应该让她说 让她说完吧 |
[38:14] | – Look, Mia, I’m sorry. – You can shut the fuck up, Bart. | -听着 米娅 对不起 -你闭嘴 巴特 |
[38:17] | Okay, everyone, I got it. | 好了 各位 我懂 |
[38:23] | I’m well aware of what everyone is saying about me. | 我很清楚各位背地里都怎么说我的 |
[38:27] | And now apparently, | 现在很显然 |
[38:31] | I personally got Nicky fired, and I leaked about Mitch to the Times, | 是我导致尼基被炒掉 是我把米奇的事透露给”纽约时报” |
[38:35] | and I’m sure I’m also the Zodiac Killer, | 我应该还是黄道十二宫杀手 |
[38:38] | and I probably assassinated Archduke Franz Ferdinand. | 我可能还刺杀了弗朗茨·斐迪南大公 |
[38:41] | I mean, this fucking list goes on. | 我干过的事还多着呢 |
[38:43] | And I could deny a lot of that. | 很多事我都可以否认 |
[38:45] | Most of it is lies. | 其中大部分都是谎言 |
[38:47] | Bullshit gossip. But I am just so… | 都是流言蜚语 但我实在是… |
[38:51] | fucking tired. | 太累了 |
[39:02] | I don’t have the energy to deny it. | 我没有力气去否认了 |
[39:06] | What’s the point, anyway? | 又有什么意义呢 |
[39:10] | Everybody’s already decided what they believe. | 大家都决定了自己想要相信什么 |
[39:13] | Some of you hate me, some of you pity me, | 有些人恨我 有些人可怜我 |
[39:16] | some of you think I’m a victim, | 有些人认为我是受害者 |
[39:18] | some of you think I’m a slut. | 有些人认为我是个荡妇 |
[39:23] | Everybody’s got their fucking opinions, and you know what? | 每个人都有自己的看法 要我说啊 |
[39:28] | Have ’em. | 有就有吧 |
[39:31] | I just wanna move on with my fucking life. | 我只想继续过我的生活 |
[39:35] | Mia, if you wanna just put the mike… | 米娅 不如你把麦克风… |
[39:37] | Chip, I’m almost done here, unless you | 奇普 我马上就说完了 |
[39:39] | wanna join in, make this a dialogue here. | 除非你想加入我 把独白变成对话 |
[39:43] | Okay, go ahead. | 好吧 继续吧 |
[39:48] | We’re all human. | 我们都是凡人 |
[39:52] | We all have regrets. | 我们都有后悔的事 |
[39:57] | No matter which side of that Me Too line you fall on, | 无论你站在”我也是”运动的哪一边 |
[40:00] | we are all just people who wanna do our jobs, | 我们都只是想要工作的普通人 |
[40:04] | do good work. | 想出色地完成工作 |
[40:07] | So, that’s what I’m gonna focus on. | 所以我会集中精力 |
[40:13] | My work. | 做好工作 |
[40:17] | ‘Cause I’d like to be known in this world | 因为我希望在世人的眼中 |
[40:19] | for something other than fucking Mitch Kessler, | 我不只是一个和米奇·凯斯勒睡过的女人 |
[40:22] | and I think I deserve that opportunity. | 我认为我值得拥有这样的机会 |
[40:46] | All right, everybody. Let’s… | 好了 各位 我们就… |
[40:49] | Let’s take that good advice and, uh… | 我们就听取这个不错的建议 |
[40:54] | and get back to work. | 回去工作吧 |
[41:02] | Mia. Hey. | 米娅 喂 |
[41:05] | Bradley. | 布莱德利 |
[41:07] | God, I should’ve told you. I wanted to be your producer. | 天啊 我该告诉你的 我想当你的制作人 |
[41:09] | – I didn’t want you to think less of me… – Please. I don’t. | -我不希望你看不起我… -别急 我没有 |
[41:13] | I don’t. | 我没有看不起你 |
[41:14] | And I’m so glad you did that just now. | 我很高兴你刚才说了那番话 |
[41:17] | I’m just so sorry that you’ve had to deal with this by yourself. | 我只是很遗憾 你得独自承担这一切 |
[41:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[41:27] | Okay, so… Look, we gotta prep a show for tomorrow. | 好吧 听着 我们还要准备明天的节目 |
[41:29] | – Okay. – Meet you in your office in ten? | -好 -十分钟后在你办公室见 |
[41:31] | Yeah. Sounds great. | 好的 没问题 |
[41:37] | Now, Claire, | 克莱尔 |
[41:39] | Mr. Flores has stated that he’d like to go | 弗洛雷斯先生表示 |
[41:41] | on public record about this relationship. | 他想公开你们的关系 |
[41:43] | Well, he spoke, | 他是说过 |
[41:44] | but we’d both like to go on record publicly, | 但我们都想公开 |
[41:48] | but ideally confidentially, if that’s an option. | 但最好能保密 如果可以的话 |
[41:51] | Well, what I need to better understand is how this relationship began. | 我需要进一步了解 这段关系是如何开始的 |
[41:57] | Did you initiate an intimate relationship? | 这段亲密关系是你主动发起的吗 |
[42:01] | No, I did not. No. And I never would’ve thought of that. | 不是我 没有 我从未这么想过 |
[42:04] | No, we became friends, you know? | 不 我们先是成为了朋友 |
[42:07] | Claire would… She’d come in with her research, | 克莱尔会… 她帮我做调研 |
[42:09] | and she was willing to listen and genuinely engage with my work. | 她很愿意倾听 很认真地参与到我的工作中 |
[42:14] | Which is not always the case. | 这种情况很少见 |
[42:16] | People rely on the weather, | 人们依赖天气预报 |
[42:17] | but they have a problem taking it seriously. | 却不愿意严肃对待天气预报 |
[42:19] | Not Claire. | 克莱尔不同 |
[42:20] | His brain is just really fucking sexy. | 他的想法超级性感 |
[42:24] | It didn’t seem like a crime to transition that feeling into actual sex. | 将这种感觉转变为性行为似乎并不算一种罪行 |
[42:28] | I never said it was a crime. | 我没说这是一种罪行 |
[42:29] | I’m merely asking how your first sexual encounter came about. | 我只是问 你们的第一次性行为是怎么发生的 |
[42:34] | “Merely asking.” That’s a very polite way | “只是问” 用这种方式询问 |
[42:36] | to ask something that’s really none of your business. | 与你完全无关的东西 还真是礼貌呢 |
[42:39] | No. I was the one who stopped the kiss. | 不 是我停止了接吻 |
[42:44] | Look, of course I worried that it was inappropriate. | 听着 我当然担心这样做不得体 |
[42:48] | I was in deep denial about my own feelings. | 我当时强烈否定自己的感情 |
[42:51] | I was. She was completely unfazed. | 之前一直是 她却丝毫没有困扰 |
[42:54] | I mean, she told me that she liked me, | 她告诉我 她喜欢我 |
[42:56] | and that she liked me for a while. | 喜欢我有一段时间了 |
[42:58] | And I was knocked back by that. | 我很惊讶 |
[43:00] | Yes, we had sex that night. | 是 我们那天晚上做爱了 |
[43:02] | Yes, it was at Yanko’s apartment. | 对 就在扬科的公寓里 |
[43:04] | But only because he’s the one who actually knows how to cook, | 但仅仅是因为他会做饭 |
[43:06] | and I like a good fucking paella. | 我恰好喜欢美味的西班牙杂烩菜饭 |
[43:08] | So then I asked her to dinner, | 然后我邀请她共进晚餐 |
[43:10] | and then we both just thought it was smarter to keep it private. | 我们都认为不要公开比较明智 |
[43:13] | Look, I hit on him. I’m the creep here. | 听着 是我主动的 可疑的人是我 |
[43:17] | I never said either of you were creeps. | 我从未说你们任何人可疑 |
[43:19] | Mm, but that’s the implication, isn’t it? | 但是你暗示了 |
[43:22] | That he has to have been tricking me into liking him | 暗示是他用诡计骗我喜欢上了他 |
[43:23] | because of the very nature of his professional position of power. | 就因为他利用了职权 |
[43:27] | We’ve thought many, many times about coming forward and… | 我们想过很多次公开关系… |
[43:30] | And yet only when summoned did you actually come… | 然而直到被叫到这里 你们才公开… |
[43:32] | Right. And you could choose to indict us for that. | 对 你可以因此控告我们 |
[43:35] | And you could choose to compare the nature of our relationship | 你也可以拿我们的关系 |
[43:38] | with the despicable acts committed by Mitch Kessler. | 与米奇·凯斯勒的卑劣行径做比较 |
[43:41] | You have to understand something, Sheila. | 你要理解 希拉 |
[43:43] | That was the very fear that motivated us to stay silent. | 正是因为害怕被认为和米奇一样 我们才要保密 |
[43:47] | Has Mr. Flores ever asked you to do things you’re uncomfortable with? | 弗洛雷斯先生是否要求过你做任何令你不适的事 |
[43:54] | No. | 没有 |
[43:56] | Never? | 从没有过吗 |
[43:57] | Well, I suppose he asked me to come here, and now I feel uncomfortable. | 他让我到这里来 现在我感到不适了 |
[44:05] | Look, the work you do here in this room is noble. | 你们在这里的工作是很崇高的 |
[44:08] | Okay? And I appreciate all of the tough questions, I do. | 好了 我很感激你们提出这些棘手的问题 真的 |
[44:11] | But Claire and I hope that we can represent a new way to navigate | 但我和克莱尔希望 我们可以作为代表 |
[44:17] | this kind of a workplace relationship. | 让人们换个新角度来理解这种职场恋情 |
[44:20] | Would you consider your relationship with Mr. Flores serious? | 你认为自己与弗洛雷斯先生之间的感情是认真的吗 |
[44:26] | Why… Why is that relevant? | 这… 有什么关系 |
[44:28] | Because it’s our job to examine | 因为我们的工作 |
[44:30] | whether the two of you working in | 就是要判断你们二人 |
[44:32] | the same environment is sustainable. | 是否能在同一环境中继续工作 |
[44:36] | – Are you saying I could be fired? – Well, it’s just… | -你是说我可能会被开除吗 -只是… |
[44:38] | But you’re not going to fire the fucking weatherman. | 但你们不会开除该死的天气预报员 |
[44:40] | Claire, I’m not saying that anything’s gonna happen to anyone. | 克莱尔 我并没有说要开除任何人 |
[44:43] | I really don’t want to be here. This was a mistake. | 我真的不想待在这里 这是个错误 |
[44:46] | Do you need a minute? | 你需要休息一下吗 |
[44:47] | No, I need to get out of this fucking room. | 不 我要离开这该死的房间 |
[44:49] | Claire, it’s our responsibility to ask these questions. | 克莱尔 我们的职责就是问这些问题 |
[44:52] | And I feel like I’m still entitled to a shred of privacy. | 我感觉我至少应该有一点点隐私权 |
[44:55] | You chose to come here. | 你选择来到这里 |
[44:57] | I didn’t choose anything. | 我什么也没有选 |
[44:59] | Claire? | 克莱尔 |
[45:00] | What? | 怎么了 |
[45:01] | Do you need help getting out of this relationship? | 你需要帮助来结束这段感情吗 |
[45:06] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[45:18] | – Oh, my God. You okay? – I’m not sure. | -天啊 你还好吗 -我不确定 |
[45:20] | – What can they do? What can… – Yanko! Careful. | -他们能怎么样 他们… -扬科 小心点 |
[45:22] | – I know. – People. | -我知道 -有人 |
[45:23] | I know, I know. I’m just… I’m so relieved. | 我知道 我只是… 我感觉很安心 |
[45:26] | I think we might be okay. | 我觉得我们会没事的 |
[45:27] | How was it for you? | 你谈得怎么样 |
[45:29] | – Hard to describe in a… – Hi. | -三言两语说不清楚… -你好 |
[45:32] | Oh, good night, Yanko. | 晚安 扬科 |
[45:34] | Hey. I will get you that research on | 我大约一小时之后 |
[45:36] | the Holmes interview in an hour or so. | 把采访福尔摩斯的调研交给你 |
[45:38] | – Is that okay? – Yeah, yeah. | -可以吗 -当然可以 |
[45:39] | – Good night, Claire. – Good night. | -晚安 克莱尔 -晚安 |
[45:43] | – Hey. – Hey. | -你好 -你好 |
[45:46] | – How are you? – Yeah, I’m fine. | -你好吗 -是的 我很好 |
[45:47] | Sorry, I’m just thinking about rain, you know? | 抱歉 我在想下雨的事 |
[45:50] | It’s likely to rain tomorrow, so opt for rain boots. | 明天可能会下雨 准备好穿雨靴 |
[45:52] | Noted. Hey, um, is Claire all right? | 知道了 克莱尔还好吗 |
[45:57] | Yeah, yeah, I think she’s okay. | 很好 我觉得她很好 |
[46:00] | – All right. – Yeah. She’s incredibly talented. Yeah. | -好吧 -她非常有才华 |
[46:05] | I’m really glad you saw that and gave her an opportunity. | 我很高兴你能看到她的才华 并给了她机会 |
[46:20] | – Hey. – Oh, hey. Fancy meeting you here. | -你好 -你好啊 没想到在这里见到你 |
[46:23] | What are the odds? | 真巧啊 |
[46:32] | It’s okay. Don’t be embarrassed | 没关系 不必感到尴尬 |
[46:33] | that you were waiting by the elevator for an hour | 你只不过在电梯前等了一小时 |
[46:35] | hoping you would catch me leaving the office. | 希望能撞见我离开办公室 |
[46:37] | You’re funny. | 你真搞笑 |
[46:40] | It’s sort of silly we’re going back to the same place. | 我们下班回到同一个地方感觉真傻 |
[46:42] | It’s like we live in the same dorm or something. | 就像我们住同一个宿舍里 |
[46:44] | Yeah, I got a crazy idea. | 我有个疯狂的想法 |
[46:45] | Why don’t we tell our cars to fuck off and walk back to the hotel? | 我们让司机滚蛋 然后走回酒店怎么样 |
[46:48] | Why are we being driven? | 为什么要找人替我们开车呢 |
[46:50] | We’re in New York fucking City. Let’s go get in it. | 这里是纽约 我们去体验一下这座城市吧 |
[46:53] | Someone in this building wants to get into the actual street? | 这栋楼里居然有人想走到大街上去 |
[46:56] | – Yeah. – Let’s do it. | -是的 -我们走吧 |
[46:57] | Oh, yeah. | 好的 |
[47:03] | So, it must’ve been nice to be at | 上周能回家 感觉一定不错吧 |
[47:04] | home last week. Sleep in your own bed? | 可以在自己的床上过夜 |
[47:06] | Nah, I spent most of the time, uh, in a screening room watching pilots. | 不 我大部分时间都在放映厅度过 一直在看试播集 |
[47:10] | Anything good? | 有好看的吗 |
[47:12] | You know, a month ago or so I might’ve said yes, | 大约一个月前我可能会说有 |
[47:15] | but I had this very funny realization | 但有趣的是 我意识到 |
[47:18] | while I was sitting there watching this expensive and amazing fiction… | 我在看这部令人惊叹的虚构大制作的时候… |
[47:21] | – Yeah. – Which is truth is stranger than fiction. | -是 -我发现真相比虚构故事更奇妙 |
[47:26] | – I mean, the shows were… They were fine. – Yeah. | -节目… 节目还不错 -是的 |
[47:29] | Some of them were pretty good, actually. | 有些其实还很精彩 |
[47:30] | But it’s just not the same as the truth. Real life. | 但是和真相不一样 和现实不一样 |
[47:33] | I’m into that shit right now, Bradley. Thanks a lot. | 我现在很喜欢真相 布莱德利 多谢了 |
[47:37] | I like the truth. | 我喜欢真相 |
[47:38] | Although it’s bit me in the ass more times than I can count, | 虽然我被真相害惨过无数次 |
[47:41] | but I do like it. | 但我就是喜欢 |
[47:43] | Hey. Let’s do something stupid. | 嘿 我们来做件蠢事吧 |
[47:45] | You wanna do something stupid? | 你想做件蠢事吗 |
[47:46] | Depends on what you mean by stupid. | 那要看”蠢”的定义是什么 |
[47:48] | All right, here’s what I’m thinking. | 我是这么想的 |
[47:49] | We hustle up to Central Park and find that fucking carousel. | 我们赶去中央公园 找到那个旋转木马 |
[47:52] | No, no, no. We’ll go for a carriage ride. | 不不不 我们去乘马车 |
[47:54] | It’ll be really politically incorrect and stupidly fun. | 在政治上完全错误 但是愚蠢又有趣 |
[47:57] | As much as, in general, I love stupid fun, | 总的来说 我喜欢愚蠢又有趣的事 |
[48:00] | I… I kinda just need to figure some stuff out right now. | 只是… 我现在必须要考虑一件事 |
[48:04] | – All right. – But can I get a rain check? | -好吧 -我们可以改天再约吗 |
[48:08] | Well, it’s a limited-time-only offer. | 这是限时活动 |
[48:11] | Shut up. No, it’s not. | 得了吧 才不是 |
[48:31] | – Hi, honey. – What are you doing here? | -你好 亲爱的 -你来这里做什么 |
[48:34] | I… | 我… |
[48:35] | I come bearing pizza. | 我来给你送比萨 |
[48:37] | I already ate. | 我吃过饭了 |
[48:41] | Honey, I really want to talk to you. | 亲爱的 我很想和你谈谈 |
[48:43] | Samantha is here. | 萨曼莎在呢 |
[48:45] | Hey, I was just gonna run over to the library. | 我刚好要去图书馆 |
[48:47] | Hi, Sam. How are you, honey? | 你好 萨姆 你好吗 亲爱的 |
[48:50] | Hi, Alex. I’m fine. | 你好 艾利克斯 我很好 |
[48:56] | Come in, I guess. | 那请进吧 |
[48:59] | I should’ve told you that I was coming. | 我应该提前通知你我要来的 |
[49:03] | Yeah, maybe. | 是啊 也许吧 |
[49:10] | What? | 要说什么 |
[49:13] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[49:18] | I’m sorry I broke your heart. | 对不起 我让你伤心了 |
[49:21] | I’m so sorry. | 非常抱歉 |
[49:26] | Why is this happening now? | 为什么现在会发生这些事 |
[49:30] | Does it have something to do with all this Mitch stuff? | 与米奇的事有关吗 |
[49:34] | No. Of course not. | 不 当然无关 |
[49:37] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[49:39] | Because you’ve been melting down ever since he left, | 因为他走了之后 你就开始崩溃 |
[49:42] | doing all this crazy stuff. | 做了很多疯狂的事 |
[49:46] | “Melting down”? | “崩溃” |
[49:48] | Is that how you characterize what I’ve been going through? | 你认为我经历的这些事可以归为”崩溃”吗 |
[49:50] | Announcing Bradley Jackson out of nowhere like that? | 凭空宣布布莱德利·杰克森是联合主播 |
[49:54] | The whole Page Six thing with you | “第六页”上还提到 |
[49:55] | wandering through the halls at work. | 你在公司里游荡的事 |
[49:57] | Lizzy. How do you read Page Six and believe it? | 莉兹 “第六页”上的东西你也信吗 |
[50:05] | Okay. Lizzy… | 好吧 莉兹… |
[50:12] | I know this hurts. | 我知道这件事令你很伤心 |
[50:16] | It doesn’t hurt you. You don’t care. | 你又不伤心 你不在乎 |
[50:18] | What? | 什么 |
[50:20] | Dad loves you so much. He does everything for you. | 爸爸那么爱你 他什么事都替你做 |
[50:25] | Why isn’t he good enough? | 他为什么还是不够好 |
[50:27] | Oh, honey, this… This has nothing to | 亲爱的 这件事… |
[50:30] | do with your father not being good enough. | 与你父亲不够好无关 |
[50:31] | He’s smart. He’s handsome. He’s funny. | 他聪明 英俊 风趣 |
[50:34] | He’s a respected professor at NYU. | 他是纽约大学受人尊敬的教授 |
[50:36] | He’s written best-selling books on world economics, for fuck’s sake. | 他写过关于世界经济的畅销书 拜托 |
[50:39] | I know all of that, honey. I know all of it. | 这些我都知道 亲爱的 我都知道 |
[50:42] | Then how can you be so selfish? | 那你怎么能这么自私 |
[50:54] | Oh, Lizzy. Honey. The thing is you’re only seeing this | 莉兹 亲爱的 你只看到这些 |
[50:59] | from the part that you can see, and that’s as it should be. | 是因为从你的视角只能看到这些 这很正常 |
[51:05] | But 25 years is a really long time. | 但25年十分漫长 |
[51:11] | We were two completely different people when we met. | 我们认识的时候是两个完全不同的人 |
[51:15] | And we just… | 我们只是… |
[51:19] | I just don’t feel the same way anymore. | 我只是不再有当年的感觉了 |
[51:22] | And I haven’t for years. | 已经很多年了 |
[51:26] | And I have tried, baby. I’ve tried. | 我努力过 宝贝 我努力过了 |
[51:31] | And I can’t tell you how lonely I’ve been. | 而且我一直非常孤独 |
[51:36] | And I know this makes you angry and hurt. | 我知道我们离婚令你愤怒又伤心 |
[51:39] | But I just want you to try to see that there is a bigger picture here. | 但我希望你试着明白 事情并不像表面上那么简单 |
[51:43] | Well, I can’t right now, Mom. I’m too fucking hurt and angry. | 我现在做不到 妈妈 我太生气 太伤心了 |
[51:46] | Okay. No, honey, let’s just… Please, come on. | 好吧 不 亲爱的 我们… 好了 拜托 |
[51:49] | We’ve always been there for each other. Always. | 我们一直都互相照顾 一直如此 |
[51:54] | You’re my baby. Let’s just not do this right now. | 你是我的宝贝 我们现在不要吵了 |
[51:57] | You need to leave. | 你得走了 |
[51:59] | I can’t even believe what you’re doing now. | 我不敢相信你现在竟然这么做 |
[52:03] | What am… What am I doing? | 我… 我做什么了 |
[52:05] | I’m not going to take care of you right now. | 我现在不会安慰你的 |
[52:19] | Okay. Okay. Then I will leave. | 好吧 好吧 那我走了 |
[52:21] | Great. Go share it with America. They’ll take care of you. | 太好了 去和全国观众分享吧 他们会安慰你的 |
[52:24] | Well, fuck you, kid. Fuck you! | 你去死吧 孩子 去死吧 |
[52:29] | Did you really just say that? | 你竟然说这种话 |
[52:30] | Yeah, I did. I just said, “Fuck you.” | 对 我说了 我说”去死吧” |
[52:33] | And, I mean, how fucking dare you. | 你怎么敢这么对我 |
[52:36] | After all that I have done and all that I have given to you. | 我为你做了这么多 我给了你这么多 |
[52:41] | My life. My love. My body. | 我的生活 我的爱 我的身体 |
[52:45] | I broke my fucking vagina with that big, fucking head of yours. | 我的阴道被你的大头撑破 |
[52:48] | And I had to be surgically sewn back together. | 不得不靠手术缝合 |
[52:51] | I bet you didn’t know that, did you? | 你肯定不知道吧 |
[52:53] | Oh, and effing just staying with your father | 再加上待在你父亲身边 |
[52:56] | after all these years of him driving me | 这么多年来他一直居高临下 |
[52:58] | insane with his condescending “my loves.” | 都快把我逼疯了 |
[53:01] | He talked to me like I was a fucking five-year-old, and I am sick of it. | 我讨厌他跟我说话的时候 把我当成三岁小孩 |
[53:04] | I am sick of it. | 厌烦透顶 |
[53:07] | I want happiness. I earned happiness. | 我想要幸福 我得到了幸福 |
[53:09] | I’m a human being, Lizzy. | 我也是人 莉兹 |
[53:12] | And you know what else? | 还有 |
[53:13] | Don’t you dare bitch at me about my career, | 你休想批评我的事业 |
[53:17] | little Miss I’m-So-Progressive. | 自以为进步的小姐 |
[53:20] | Yes, I worked my ass off to get where I am. | 我拼命工作才得到了今天的地位 |
[53:25] | And I wanted it. | 这就是我想要的 |
[53:27] | I wanted to be something. I wanted to mean something in this world. | 我想出人头地 我想有存在的意义 |
[53:32] | I didn’t know that was a fucking crime. | 我不明白这哪里不对了 |
[53:35] | Life isn’t perfect, okay, baby? | 生活是不完美的 懂吗 宝贝 |
[53:37] | We don’t get everything we want. | 我们无法得到想要的一切 |
[53:38] | You’re young, you know? Go make the life that you want, | 你还年轻 去追逐你想要的生活吧 |
[53:41] | and you see how fucking easy it is. | 你自己去看看那有多简单 |
[53:43] | And stop bitching and complaining and blaming me. | 不要再批评 抱怨和责怪我 |
[53:48] | And you get your own fucking pizza. | 你自己去买比萨吃 |
[53:50] | This is my pizza. I’m taking my pizza. I earned this shit. | 这是我的比萨 我要拿走 这是我挣钱买来的 |
[53:54] | – Fuck you, Mom. – Oh, fuck you, kid. | -去死吧 妈妈 -去死吧 孩子 |
[55:17] | Hello? | 你好 |
[55:20] | It’s Bradley Jackson. | 我是布莱德利·杰克森 |
[55:26] | If you can find somebody to corroborate your story, | 如果你能找人印证你的故事 |
[55:31] | I might be interested. | 我也许会感兴趣 |
[55:35] | Okay. | 好 |
[56:26] | Hey, kiddo. | 你好 小妞 |
[56:28] | Mitch. What are you doing here? | 米奇 你来这里干什么 |
[56:31] | Well, you got something out of me. | 你从我这里得过好处 |
[56:35] | And now it’s time for you to repay the favor. | 现在你该还人情了 |