时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:06] | You ever wonder why they call it that? El Niño. | 知道我们为什么管它叫”厄尔尼诺”吗 |
[02:11] | It starts with something so small and so insignificant: an anchovy. | 它源于一种极不起眼的 微不足道的东西 一种鳀鱼 |
[02:16] | See, the anchovy, it prospers most in temperate waters. | 这种鱼会在水温适宜的海域里大量繁殖 |
[02:19] | So when equatorial trade winds, when they brought cold water westward, | 赤道信风将低温海水吹向西方的时候 |
[02:23] | it slowly broiled under the beating sun. | 海水便会在烈日下慢慢升温 |
[02:26] | And by the time it reached Chimbote, Peru, | 等海水来到世界鳀鱼之都 |
[02:28] | which is the anchovy capital of the world, | 秘鲁的钦博特的时候 |
[02:30] | the warming waters were completely uninhabitable for the anchovy. | 温暖的海水已经完全不适宜鳀鱼栖息了 |
[02:35] | That’s so sad. | 真悲哀 |
[02:37] | Oh, no. Gets worse. | 不 还有更糟的呢 |
[02:39] | The economy suffered. | 经济因此受损 |
[02:40] | I mean, everything suffered, not just the fish. | 一切都会受到影响 不只是鱼 |
[02:42] | The aquatic seabirds that fed on the anchovies, | 以鳀鱼为食的海鸟 |
[02:45] | from the gannets to the cormorants to the pelicans, they all died. | 从塘鹅 鸬鹚到鹈鹕 全都死了 |
[02:49] | And then so did the animals that fed on them. | 以这些海鸟为食的动物也死了 |
[02:52] | And because this phenomenon would, without fail, | 这种现象无一例外 |
[02:56] | coincide with the celebration of the birth of Christ, | 都在圣诞节前后发生 |
[03:00] | they called it El Niño de Navidad. “The Christmas Boy.” | 人们便称之为”厄尔尼诺·德·纳维达” 意为”圣婴” |
[03:06] | Come on. You gotta hand it to the Peruvians. | 别纠结 名字是秘鲁人取的 |
[03:09] | I mean, something so destructive in such | 他们居然用”圣婴”这种无害的名字 |
[03:11] | harmless packaging. “El Niño de Navidad.” | 为破坏性这么强的东西命名 |
[03:15] | I mean, this thing that seems so insignificant, | 这件事看似微不足道 |
[03:18] | winds that make the water too hot for | 风让海水太热了 |
[03:20] | this tiny little fish to live, but no. | 所以小鱼活不下去 其实不然 |
[03:23] | It’s a harbinger of something that throws everything out of whack. | 这是某样东西要搅得天下大乱的预兆 |
[03:27] | I mean, droughts, floods, storms. I mean, huge global events. | 比如干旱 洪水 暴风 这类大型全球性灾难 |
[03:32] | But there’s nothing you can do to stop the wind from blowing. | 但谁也无法阻止风的吹动 |
[03:35] | So what can you do when you see all these | 那么看到这些小鳀鱼在水里翻着肚皮 |
[03:38] | little anchovies belly up in the water? | 我们能做些什么呢 |
[03:43] | You just keep on moving. And you brace yourself for the shitstorm. | 只能接受现实 准备迎接灾难 |
[03:49] | Come on, pal! Hurry up! | 快啊 朋友 快点 |
[03:53] | Hello, everyone. Come on in. | 大家好 请进 |
[03:57] | Thank you for coming. | 谢谢你们能来 |
[03:59] | I ordered some food. Hope you like Thai. | 我订了些吃的 希望你们喜欢泰国菜 |
[04:20] | Alex Levy. | 艾利克斯·利维 |
[04:23] | Marlon. Nice to meet you. | 马龙 幸会 |
[04:25] | I’m honored. Truly. | 我很荣幸 真的 |
[04:27] | Oh, that’s nice. | 你真会说话 |
[04:29] | Meeting you to discuss taking over The Morning Show | 来和你讨论接手”晨间秀” |
[04:31] | is the highlight of my career. | 是我事业的高光时刻 |
[04:33] | Well, you’re too kind. | 你太抬举我了 |
[04:34] | Please, come on in. | 请进吧 |
[04:36] | It’s an amazing place. | 这房子真漂亮 |
[04:38] | It’s all part of the same bullshit. Fred knew. | 都是同一套鬼扯里的东西 弗雷德是知道的 |
[04:41] | We would drink together and play golf and hang out | 我们一起喝酒 打高尔夫 闲逛 |
[04:44] | and just reveal the most personal aspects of our lives, | 相互展示生活中最隐私的方面 |
[04:47] | and he fucking knew everything. | 妈的他什么都知道 |
[04:48] | Look, we know that he knew, but we’re talking about proof here, okay? | 听着 我们知道他知道 但我们要的是证据 懂吗 |
[04:51] | You said you had evidence, | 你说你有证据 |
[04:53] | someone who could corroborate Fred’s direct complicity. | 有人可以证实弗雷德是共犯 |
[04:57] | So here we are. We’re listening. | 所以我们才来的 我们洗耳恭听 |
[04:59] | What, who is it? | 那人是谁 |
[05:05] | Hannah. | 汉娜 |
[05:08] | Shoenfeld? | 肖恩菲尔德 |
[05:09] | Fuck, Mitch. When did you sleep with her? | 操 米奇 你什么时候和她上的床 |
[05:13] | In Vegas. | 在维加斯 |
[05:16] | – Did you know about this? – No. | -你知道这件事吗 -不知道 |
[05:18] | No, not explicitly. | 不清楚细节 |
[05:20] | I mean, look, Fred, he pushed me to | 是这样的 弗雷德催我给她升职 |
[05:22] | promote her and to fucking fire Jared, | 然后开了杰瑞德 |
[05:24] | which I thought was a little odd, but I didn’t… | 当时我有点纳闷 但是我没… |
[05:26] | Didn’t want to question it ’cause that’s hard to do, right? | 没想去质疑 因为很难开口 对吧 |
[05:28] | Why don’t you go fuck yourself, Mitch? | 你怎么不去死呢 米奇 |
[05:30] | We’re not talking about any of this if it wasn’t for fucking you. | 要不是因为你 我们根本不会谈起这些事 |
[05:32] | Let’s take a time-out here. | 先停一下 |
[05:34] | Chip, let’s keep our eyes on the prize, please. | 奇普 先别跑题 |
[05:36] | I understand you worked with Charlie a long time. | 我明白你与查理共事了很久 |
[05:39] | And I want you to know I think he’s a great guy. | 我想告诉你 我认为他是个好人 |
[05:43] | I have a lot of respect for him. I do. | 我很尊重他 真的 |
[05:47] | But here’s what I think, Alex. | 但我是这么想的 艾利克斯 |
[05:49] | Sometimes people outgrow each other. | 有时人们会超越对方 |
[05:52] | You can stop seeing someone clearly | 与某人相处得太久 |
[05:53] | when you’re with them for too long. | 可能便无法再看清对方 |
[05:55] | And I’m seeing you pretty clearly right now. | 但是我把你看得很清楚 |
[05:58] | And I think The Morning Show needs to show America a new Alex Levy. | 我认为”晨间秀”该让全国观众看到一个全新的艾利克斯·利维 |
[06:02] | Alex Levy 2.0. | 艾利克斯·利维2.0 |
[06:06] | I thought that maybe what had happened | 我以为我们之间发生关系 |
[06:08] | between us was just human, but it wasn’t. | 也许只是人之常情 但并非如此 |
[06:13] | I didn’t realize she was working me. | 我没意识到她在利用我 |
[06:15] | You’re a real victim, Mitch. Yeah. | 你才是真正的受害者 米奇 没错 |
[06:17] | Does she know anything about this, or that I’m the one who’s doing it? | 她知道这件事吗 她知道由我来采访吗 |
[06:22] | I only said someone was doing a piece on it. | 我只说了有人要写一篇相关的报道 |
[06:24] | All right. You guys, this is not ready for air. | 好吧 各位 这件事还不能播出 |
[06:27] | This is too delicate and too important to rush it. | 太敏感 太重要 急不来的 |
[06:30] | No. There’s no rush. We’re ready. | 不 没有急 我们准备好了 |
[06:33] | – We got these fuckers dead to rights. – Mitch, this is my interview, not yours. | -我们已经抓住了这些混蛋的把柄 -米奇 这是我的采访 不是你的 |
[06:37] | Listen. We have no idea | 听着 我们不知道 |
[06:38] | when they’re gonna fucking drop this internal investigation bullshit, | 他们什么时候会公布要命的内部调查结果 |
[06:43] | but when they do, I’m done. I’ll never work again. | 但他们一旦公布 我就完了 我再也找不到工作了 |
[06:46] | Chip is right about this. | 奇普说得对 |
[06:48] | This has to happen as soon as possible. | 这件事必须尽快了结 |
[06:50] | There are four of us in this room right now | 现在房间里就我们四个人 |
[06:52] | who all know about this super-top-secret plan to take over the airwaves | 我们都知道这个在四大电视网之一的 |
[06:57] | of one of the four major networks during its most profitable show. | 利润最高的节目上抢占播出时段的绝密计划 |
[07:00] | And you did tell Alex that you met with Mitch, | 你还告诉了艾利克斯你见了米奇 |
[07:02] | – I know. – so she knows and she isn’t happy. | -我知道 -所以她也知道 而且很生气 |
[07:04] | So with every day that goes by, | 所以每多过去一天 |
[07:06] | the odds that somebody else is gonna find out about this increase. | 其他人得知此事的几率就会上升 |
[07:09] | So this has to happen now or it’s not gonna happen at all, | 所以计划必须现在执行 否则就根本免谈 |
[07:13] | and we’ll all end up in the gulags for our trouble. | 我们全都会因此被关进监狱 |
[07:15] | But I have to talk to Hannah. None of this lands without her story. | 但我必须和汉娜谈谈 没有她的故事一切都站不住脚 |
[07:19] | So unless I get to a place with her that we need to be at, | 所以除非我能让她说出对我们有利的信息 |
[07:23] | it’s not happening. | 否则此事只能叫停 |
[07:25] | Period. | 没得商量 |
[07:27] | – Maggie. – Hey, Fred. | -玛姬 -嗨 弗雷德 |
[07:29] | So good to see you. | 见到你真高兴 |
[07:32] | Thank you for taking time to meet with me. | 谢谢你抽空来见我 |
[07:33] | Always. What do you want? | 不客气 你想喝点什么 |
[07:35] | – I’ll have a vodka tonic, please. – Okay. | -请给我来杯伏特加汤力 -好的 |
[07:37] | – Scotch and soda. – Thank you. | -苏格兰威士忌加苏打水 -谢谢 |
[07:39] | I always have time for you. You know that. | 对你我总是有时间 你知道的 |
[07:42] | You know, I’ve been worried about you. I heard you got evacuated. | 我很担心你 我听说你被强制撤离了 |
[07:45] | Did you come through it all okay? | 你还好吧 |
[07:47] | Yes. Yeah, thank God. | 还好 谢天谢地 |
[07:48] | Although, uh, I got some heat from my neighbors | 但我的邻居对我表示不满 |
[07:51] | about a piece that TMS ran on | 因为”晨间秀” 报道了一条 |
[07:53] | hired firefighters in wealthy neighborhoods. | 关于有钱人雇佣消防员的新闻 |
[07:55] | I saw that piece. I’m impressed you didn’t try to stop it. | 我看到了 我很佩服你没有拦下这条新闻 |
[08:00] | It’s very self-aware of you. | 你很自觉 |
[08:01] | News is news. I’m here to help deliver it, not stop it. | 新闻就是新闻 我的工作是帮助传播新闻 而不是阻拦新闻 |
[08:07] | I’m glad you feel that way. | 我很高兴你能这样想 |
[08:12] | Feels like there’s more to that thought. | 我感觉你还有其他话要说 |
[08:18] | I’m down the road on an investigative piece | 我有一篇调查UBA高层的文章 |
[08:21] | looking into the upper levels of UBA. | 快要完成了 |
[08:29] | Really, Maggie? | 真的吗 玛姬 |
[08:31] | I’m sorry, Fred. | 很抱歉 弗雷德 |
[08:34] | Off the record. You’re stabbing me in the back? | 私底下说一句 你在背后捅我刀子吗 |
[08:38] | You of all people? | 我这么信任的你 |
[08:40] | My goal is not to stab you at all. | 我的目标是不让你名誉受损 |
[08:43] | But if I do, I don’t want it to be in the back, | 但如果损害到了 我不希望是以背叛的形式 |
[08:46] | and I don’t want it to be a surprise. | 我也不想让你措手不及 |
[08:49] | Maggie, haven’t I done enough for you? | 玛姬 我难道为你做得还不够多吗 |
[08:51] | I always had your back, always supported you. | 我一直那么支持你 |
[08:53] | And I’ve always supported you, Fred. Always. | 我也一直支持着你 弗雷德 一直没变 |
[08:57] | Look, if it’s not me, it’s gonna be somebody else. | 听着 就算不是我来写 别人也会写的 |
[09:00] | A 30-billion-dollar media conglomerate in distress | 一家市值三百亿美元的媒体集团 |
[09:04] | over its handling of sexual misconduct? | 因不当性行为问题乱作一团 |
[09:09] | These stories don’t stay buried anymore. | 这种事一定会被揭露 |
[09:14] | I threw it away over a dozen times. | 我曾无数次拒绝撰写这篇文章 |
[09:17] | But it always found its way back to the foot of my bed, | 但它总会回到我身边 |
[09:21] | a little bit riper each time. | 每次的丑闻都更加劲爆 |
[09:29] | At least you know I’ll be giving you a fair shake. | 至少你知道 我会公平地去写你 |
[09:32] | I’m not interested in your fair shake. | 我对写得公平不感兴趣 |
[09:33] | I’m interested in you doing right by me. | 我感兴趣的是你如何报答我 |
[09:35] | Hey. I’m writing the piece, Fred. | 这文章我写定了 弗雷德 |
[09:38] | Whether it’s good for you or bad for you, I don’t know yet. | 对你是好是坏我还不知道 |
[09:41] | But there’s nothing you can do about it either way. | 但无论如何 你都无能为力 |
[09:44] | History’s already been written. | 现在覆水难收 |
[09:46] | All that remains is to commit it to the page. | 就看接下来如何报道了 |
[09:54] | I’ll be in touch. | 我会与你联络的 |
[09:57] | Take care, Fred. | 保重 弗雷德 |
[10:13] | Jesus, Vicki. How did you miss it? | 天啊 维姬 你怎么会忽略了这件事 |
[10:16] | Maggie Brener, for fuck’s sake, is doing this story. | 玛姬·布伦纳要写这篇报道 |
[10:18] | Yeah, um, I’m at the… | 是 我在… |
[10:20] | It doesn’t fucking matter. Just wrap up your little investigation. | 无所谓了 赶紧把你的小调查收尾吧 |
[10:23] | Deliver your findings to me by Tuesday morning. | 周二上午之前把调查结果交给我 |
[10:25] | Yes, absolutely. | 是 没问题 |
[10:26] | That gives you a day and a half to write something | 这样就你有一天半的时间给我写一份 |
[10:28] | I could’ve written for you on day fucking one. | 我第一天就能写给你的报告 |
[10:46] | I can’t really eat that anymore. | 我不能再吃那个了 |
[10:48] | – Hey, hi. Good morning. – Hi. | -你好 早上好 -你好 |
[10:49] | So, Isabella made some calls to The Rock’s | 伊莎贝拉给巨石强森的经纪人打了几个电话 |
[10:51] | people about promoting the new movie. | 谈宣传新电影的事 |
[10:53] | Yeah. He’d like to get on the phone with you | 是的 他想和你通电话 |
[10:54] | and just talk to you about a few things he wants to bring up. | 谈谈他想提及的几件事 |
[10:57] | What? | 什么 |
[10:58] | Okay. Yes. I just need a minute. | 好 是 我需要一点时间 |
[11:01] | Will you just give me a minute? I’ll be right there. | 能稍微等我一下吗 我马上就过去 |
[11:06] | Hello. | 你好 |
[11:09] | Alex. | 艾利克斯 |
[11:11] | Just wanted to… | 我只是想… |
[11:13] | check in and see how you’re doing. | 来看看你怎么样了 |
[11:20] | – I have no answer for that. – Really? | -我没办法回答你 -是吗 |
[11:22] | That’s the question that’s gonna foil | 这就是结束你 |
[11:24] | your never-ending quest for truth? | 永远追求真相之旅的问题吗 |
[11:30] | I’ll see you out there. | 我们摄影棚见 |
[11:36] | God. | 天啊 |
[11:38] | – Sorry. Hi. – Sorry. Hey. | -抱歉 你好 -抱歉 嗨 |
[11:40] | – Did you have a good weekend? It was fun? – Yeah. Same. You? Good? | -周末愉快吗 有意思吗 -不错 老样子 你还好吗 |
[11:43] | – Yeah, same stuff, yeah. It’s good. – See you later. | -不错 老样子 对 还不错 -回头见 |
[11:45] | – I’ve got Cory for you. – I gotta call him back. | -科利电话找你 -我稍后打给他 |
[11:46] | Bye. I gotta give these to Joel, so… | 再见 我要把这些交给乔尔 所以… |
[11:54] | – Joel. – Yeah? | -乔尔 -是 |
[11:56] | Oh, perfect. Thanks. | 太好了 谢谢 |
[11:58] | – This is for today, right? – Yeah. | -这是今天的吧 -对 |
[12:00] | I was thinking this would work well tomorrow. | 我在想把这个放到明天效果会很好 |
[12:02] | Can we just get through today before we worry about tomorrow? | 我们能先搞定今天再考虑明天吗 |
[12:05] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:09] | 你好 汉娜 我是”纽约杂志”的玛姬·布伦纳 \h我想跟进一下语音留言 方便请回电 | |
[12:18] | Hannah Shoenfeld. | 汉娜·肖恩菲尔德 |
[12:19] | Hi there. This is Derek Colby. I’m the EP of UBA 365. | 你好 我是德里克·科比 我是”UBA 365″的节目监制 |
[12:24] | Oh, hi. | 你好 |
[12:25] | I know you’re busy, so I’m gonna get right to it. | 我知道你很忙 我就开门见山了 |
[12:27] | We have a producer leaving, | 我们有一位制作人即将离职 |
[12:29] | and UBA HR is recommending you for the job. | UBA人事部推荐你来做接班人 |
[12:32] | Now, we work out of LA, so obviously you would need to move, | 我们的工作地点在洛杉矶 显然你需要搬家 |
[12:36] | but we’re very excited to meet you. | 但是我们很期待见到你 |
[12:38] | This is an upper-level position. It’s an exciting opportunity. | 这个职位比你现在的更高 是令人兴奋的机遇 |
[12:43] | Wow. Thank you so much for considering me. | 哇哦 谢谢你们考虑我 |
[12:46] | I’m in the middle of something. Can I call you back? | 我现在正在忙 能稍后再回你电话吗 |
[12:49] | Yeah, yeah. Of course. | 当然可以 |
[12:50] | My assistant is gonna e-mail you my contact info, | 我的助理会把我的联系方式发给你 |
[12:52] | – so let’s talk soon, okay? – Okay. | -我们回头再谈 好吧 -好的 |
[12:59] | Hannah. | 汉娜 |
[13:10] | And then we go… | 然后我们… |
[13:14] | -So we’re pushing up the hazing tragedy. – Okay. | -我们要把校园欺凌悲剧提前 -好 |
[13:17] | – Thank you so much. – Hey. | -非常感谢 -嗨 |
[13:20] | So the last thing is the cooking segment with Emeril. | 最后是和埃米尔一起烹饪的环节 |
[13:23] | Oh, um, what’s he cooking? | 他烹饪什么菜肴 |
[13:25] | Oh, geez. Let’s see… | 老天 我看看… |
[13:27] | Can you excuse me just a second? | 不好意思 我失陪一下 |
[13:29] | – Hannah… – Okay. | -汉娜… -好 |
[13:31] | Can I talk to you maybe after the show? | 录完节目我能和你聊几句吗 |
[13:33] | I just wanna run something past you. | 我有份材料想问问你的意见 |
[13:35] | – Yeah, sure. – Okay, great. | -好的 没问题 -太好了 |
[13:37] | In my dressing room? | 在我的更衣室见面吧 |
[13:39] | – Okay. – All right. | -好 -好的 |
[13:44] | – Anything up? – Oh, no. Just something personal. | -怎么了 -没什么 一点私事 |
[13:47] | But you were saying something about Emeril? | 你刚才在说埃米尔吗 |
[13:49] | He’s making carbonara. | 他要做培根蛋酱意面 |
[13:50] | – Oh, great. Great. The carbonara. – Have a great show. | -好 培根蛋酱意面 -祝你节目成功 |
[13:52] | – Bradley. – Hi, Alison. | -布莱德利 -嗨 艾莉森 |
[13:56] | – Hi, Daniel. – Hey there. | -嗨 丹尼尔 -你好 |
[13:58] | How you feeling? | 感觉如何 |
[13:59] | Me? Never better. | 我吗 很好 |
[14:02] | Same here. | 我也是 |
[14:04] | We’re live in 30 seconds. | 30秒后开始直播 |
[14:06] | – You okay? – Yeah. | -还好吗 -很好 |
[14:08] | – You need water? – No. I’m good. | -要喝水吗 -不了 我不喝 |
[14:09] | Okay. | 好 |
[14:11] | – Does she know? – Soon. | -她知道吗 -很快就会知道的 |
[14:17] | Okay, we’re live in ten seconds. | 好的 十秒后开始直播 |
[14:20] | I revised your copy. | 我润色过你的稿子 |
[14:21] | – Thank you, dear. – Yeah. | -谢谢 亲爱的 -不客气 |
[14:22] | Okay, people. Clear. | 好的 各位 清场 |
[14:25] | Quiet, please. | 请安静 |
[14:30] | And in five, four, three, two… | 倒计时五 四 三 二… |
[14:40] | Good morning, everyone. | 各位观众早上好 |
[14:42] | So glad you could join us. | 欢迎收看”晨间秀” |
[14:43] | And here’s our top stories for this morning. | 下面播报今天早上的头条新闻 |
[14:46] | Yeah. | 请进 |
[14:49] | – Is now a good time? – Hey. Yeah. Come on in. | -你现在方便吗 -方便的 请进吧 |
[14:55] | Is anything wrong? | 出什么事了吗 |
[14:56] | – No. Um, do you wanna have a seat? – Sure. | -没有 要不你先坐下吧 -好 |
[14:59] | I just wanted to talk to you about something. | 有件事我想和你谈谈 |
[15:04] | What? | 什么事 |
[15:06] | So, I… I’m working on an interview… with Mitch. | 我在筹划一次采访… 采访米奇 |
[15:11] | And it’s about the culture at this network that… | 内容是关于这家电视网的企业文化… |
[15:16] | allowed his sexual misconduct to go unaddressed for so long. | 让他的不当性行为长久以来无人理会 |
[15:20] | Uh, wait. | 等等 |
[15:22] | You mean this interview is happening on this show? | 你是说要在”晨间秀”上做这个采访吗 |
[15:28] | You’re doing it? | 你要做吗 |
[15:29] | Well, first of all, none of this is happening without your consent. | 首先 你不同意我就不做 |
[15:32] | I want you to know that. | 我想让你知道这一点 |
[15:33] | And now you’re talking to Mitch. | 你正在与米奇接触 |
[15:36] | Yes. | 是 |
[15:37] | And you’re all having conversations about me behind my back? | 你们在背着我商量吗 |
[15:40] | No. It is not all of us. It’s only me. | 不 不是”我们” 只有我 |
[15:43] | You can’t use my name. | 你不能用我的名字 |
[15:44] | Well, I would make sure that you were kept anonymous. | 我会确保给你匿名的 |
[15:47] | Something’s happening. | 有大事要发生了 |
[15:49] | First, Mitch comes to me. | 先是米奇来找我 |
[15:51] | Then Maggie Brener magically got my number… | 然后玛姬·布伦纳神奇地弄到了我的手机号… |
[15:54] | – What? – … and wants to talk to me. | -什么 -… 还想和我谈谈 |
[15:55] | And someone from UBA 365 all of a sudden is offering me a job in LA. | 还突然有个”UBA 365″的人给了我一份在洛杉矶的工作 |
[16:00] | Can I tell you the truth? | 我能跟你说实话吗 |
[16:01] | I’d like to get the fuck out of here, leave all this behind me. | 我很想离开这里 将这些事情抛诸脑后 |
[16:04] | Wait, wait, wait. UBA is offering to | 等等 UBA提出 |
[16:05] | move you and promote you? Holy shit! | 让你搬去其他城市 还要给你升职 天啊 |
[16:07] | Yes! I’m telling you, there’s a hurricane | 没错 这么说吧 有一股看不见的飓风 |
[16:09] | swirling around me, and I don’t know why. | 正环绕着我 我还不知道是为什么 |
[16:12] | Why now? But I don’t like it, and I don’t want it. | 为什么是现在呢 但是我既不喜欢也不想要 |
[16:15] | I don’t want any part of it. | 我不想蹚这趟浑水 |
[16:16] | Look. Hannah, I understand. I would feel the exact same way. | 听着 汉娜 我能理解 换作是我也会有同样的感受 |
[16:19] | But UBA is trying to silence you here. | 但是UBA想封你的口 |
[16:21] | And we have the opportunity to change that. | 而我们有机会改变这一点 |
[16:23] | You know what? That’s not my fucking job. | 我告诉你 那不是我的工作 |
[16:27] | My life is not a tool to service your agenda on your schedule. | 我的生活不是按照你的日程来为你服务的 |
[16:30] | Maybe you’re comfortable stabbing people in the back, but I’m not. | 也许你觉得背后捅人刀子无所谓 但我不行 |
[16:34] | I just wanna fucking live my life. | 我只想过好自己的日子 |
[16:36] | I don’t wanna be the poster child for your cause. Leave me out of it. | 我不想当你的宣传品 不要把我卷进来 |
[16:46] | Charlie Black’s office. | 查理·布莱克办公室 |
[16:47] | Fred wants to meet Chip at 4:00 p.m. | 弗雷德想在下午4点见奇普 |
[16:52] | He’s got something at 4:00. Can we do it another time? | 他4点有事 能改个时间吗 |
[16:55] | Rena, I think what Fred wants to meet about | 瑞娜 我认为弗雷德想见奇普 |
[16:58] | is going to be clearing up his schedule. | 是要把他炒掉 |
[17:02] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[17:06] | Come on, Chip. It wasn’t that bad. | 好了 奇普 没那么糟糕的 |
[17:07] | Really? You think that wasn’t sloppy? | 是吗 你认为那还不糟 |
[17:09] | Then we got a real fucking problem. Okay? | 那我们才真的有麻烦了 好吗 |
[17:11] | ‘Cause I’m gonna notice this shit when this happens next time. | 因为下次再这样我会注意到的 |
[17:13] | And everybody else is gonna notice, | 其他人也会注意到 |
[17:14] | and we are not gonna be the fucking sloppy show. | 我们不能播出这么糟糕的节目 |
[17:17] | And who the fuck took my coffee? | 谁他妈拿了我的咖啡 |
[17:19] | And why… why are you hovering? | 你… 你跑来干嘛 |
[17:20] | What? What are… What? | 怎么了 什么事 |
[17:23] | Meeting at 4:00 with Fred. | 4点钟去见弗雷德 |
[17:27] | Okay. | 好 |
[17:29] | Okay. | 好 |
[17:34] | So, I wanna nip it in the bud… | 我想防范于未然… |
[17:39] | because you guys are my guys, and I… | 因为你们都是我手下的人 而我… |
[17:44] | You’re my unsung heroes, | 你们是我的无名英雄 |
[17:45] | and that is my fault that you are unsung, and I’m sorry about that, | 让你们无名是我的错 我很抱歉 |
[17:50] | but I am not a fucking singer. | 但我不是搞宣传的 |
[17:52] | And it… it doesn’t mean that you’re not my guys. | 这并不意味着你们不是我的人 |
[17:55] | Do you know what I’m saying? | 明白我在说什么吗 |
[18:03] | Let’s say it was an off day. | 就当今天有点倒霉吧 |
[18:06] | You know? ‘Cause you guys aren’t sloppy. | 知道吗 因为你们并不糟糕 |
[18:09] | And I’m looking at you, Rich. | 我说的就是你 里奇 |
[18:10] | I know that you know that the word | 我知道你明白 |
[18:13] | “pushy” has an H in it and not two S’s. | “升职”和”生殖”是谐音 |
[18:16] | So, next time, on the teleprompter, please. Thank you. | 所以下次请在提词器上写清楚 谢谢 |
[18:22] | I’m sorry I yelled. | 抱歉 我刚刚不该冲大家吼 |
[18:26] | I was laughing on the inside. | 我其实心里在笑 |
[18:36] | The thing is, guys… | 其实吧 你们… |
[18:43] | Well, you got this. | 你们能行的 |
[18:45] | You know? You’re my guys. | 毕竟你们是我手下的人啊 |
[18:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:14] | So, what made you change your mind? | 你为什么改变主意了 |
[19:17] | Guilt, I guess. | 大概是内疚吧 |
[19:20] | – Thinking of other people in my position. – Well, I appreciate it. | -我想到了和我处境相同的人 -谢谢你 |
[19:24] | Yeah. | 不用 |
[19:25] | Do you mind if I record this? It’s only for me. | 你介意我录音吗 我留着自己听 |
[19:29] | I guess. | 录吧 |
[19:34] | Okay. | 好 |
[19:36] | So, what do you wanna know, exactly? | 你具体想知道什么 |
[19:38] | Well, let’s start with your experience with Mitch and the aftermath. | 就从你跟米奇之间的事和丑闻余波开始吧 |
[19:51] | When the Vegas shootings happened, | 维加斯枪击案发生的时候 |
[19:54] | I was at the studio while they started | 我在摄影棚里 |
[19:55] | putting the team together to go cover it. | 他们开始组建团队去报道 |
[19:59] | Chip told me to go. | 奇普让我也去 |
[20:01] | I was a junior booker at that point. I was thrilled. | 我当时是助理邀约员 我特别激动 |
[20:05] | It was hard. Tough thing to be in the middle of. | 当时我很难受 这种事会给人很大压力 |
[20:09] | I was getting in a very dark place, so I went for a walk on the strip. | 我开始感到抑郁 所以我就上街散步 |
[20:17] | I ran into Mitch. | 碰见了米奇 |
[20:20] | He was kind, and he cheered me up. | 他很善良 让我振作起来了 |
[20:25] | We walked and talked a while. | 我们边走边聊了一会儿 |
[20:29] | It felt very comfortable and familiar. | 他让人感到很自在 他很有亲和力 |
[20:36] | And it actually distracted me, | 确实让我分散了注意力 |
[20:39] | ’cause I felt really special to be walking | 因为与米奇·凯斯勒在公共场合边走边聊 |
[20:43] | and chatting in public with Mitch Kessler. | 让我觉得非常特别 |
[20:48] | Like I really landed on the planet. | 就像自己出名了一样 |
[20:55] | It was incredibly special. | 非常特别 |
[21:07] | He invited me up to his suite to watch a comedy. | 他邀我去酒店套房看喜剧 |
[21:14] | It seemed like a good idea at the time. | 在当时看来似乎是个好主意 |
[21:18] | Now when I look back, I don’t know what I was thinking. | 现在回想起来 我不知道自己当时在想什么 |
[21:23] | We watched the movie for a while. | 我们看了一会儿电影 |
[21:28] | And then I just started thinking about everything in Vegas… | 然后我想到了维加斯发生的一切… |
[21:34] | and my mom. | 还有我妈妈 |
[21:37] | And I was remembering so clearly when she died. | 她去世的场景我记得一清二楚 |
[21:43] | Where I was, what I was wearing, how it felt. | 记得我当时在哪里 穿着什么衣服 是什么心情 |
[21:48] | I couldn’t stop thinking of it. | 我无法停止去想这些 |
[21:54] | Tears started falling out of my face. | 眼泪顺着脸颊流了出来 |
[21:56] | I said I should probably go. | 我说我该走了 |
[21:59] | Mitch came over and hugged me. | 米奇过来抱住了我 |
[22:06] | He seemed so kind. | 他似乎很温柔 |
[22:09] | Paternal, really. | 就像个家长 |
[22:13] | I needed some parenting. | 我很需要家长般的照顾 |
[22:17] | I hadn’t had any in a long time. | 我已经很久没有得到家长的照顾了 |
[22:22] | Then he said he liked me and… | 然后他说他喜欢我 然后… |
[22:27] | put his hand between my legs. | 把手伸进了我两腿之间 |
[22:34] | I don’t know what happened next. | 我不知道接下来发生了什么 |
[22:36] | I was on the bed, his head was between my legs. | 我躺在了床上 他的头埋在我两腿之间 |
[22:38] | I didn’t know what to say. | 我不知道该说什么 |
[22:40] | I figured I’d just do it. | 我心想那就做吧 |
[22:44] | It didn’t kill me. | 又不会要了我的命 |
[22:50] | I saw him at work when we got back. | 回来之后我在公司看见了他 |
[22:56] | He barely acknowledged me. | 他几乎都没正眼瞧过我 |
[23:01] | I don’t know what possessed me. | 我不知道我为什么会那么做 |
[23:03] | This is so unlike me. But I just exploded inside. | 这很不像我 但我内心崩溃了 |
[23:09] | This wasn’t okay. | 这件事很不妥 |
[23:13] | I barged into Fred’s office, and I told him. | 我闯进弗雷德的办公室 将这件事告诉了他 |
[23:21] | He offered me a promotion. | 他要给我升职 |
[23:25] | Said I’d been doing a great job. | 说我工作表现出色 |
[23:31] | He had no idea who I was. | 其实他根本不认识我 |
[23:38] | I’m so sorry you had to relive that. | 对不起 让你再次回忆这件事 |
[23:42] | Like I said, I lived. But I’m pretty tough. | 我说过了 我挺过来了 我很坚强 |
[23:45] | You are tough. | 你确实很坚强 |
[23:48] | Strong. | 很强大 |
[23:51] | Can you talk a little bit about how this affected your job, | 你能谈谈此事对你的工作 |
[23:54] | your… your self-image, your life? | 你的… 你的自我形象和生活造成的影响吗 |
[24:00] | You don’t want too much, do you? | 你想知道的还真不少啊 |
[24:02] | I just don’t want this to happen to other people. | 我只是不想让这种事再发生在别人身上 |
[24:05] | Are you getting any help processing this, Hannah? | 你需要找人帮你处理此事吗 汉娜 |
[24:08] | No. No. I… I don’t need any help. It’s done. It’s over. | 不用了 我不需要帮助 这事已经完了 过去了 |
[24:11] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[24:14] | What are you getting at? I’m not Ashley Brown, okay? | 你什么意思 我不是阿什莉·布朗 好吗 |
[24:17] | I’m not gonna give you some tearful | 我不会给你一段催人泪下的揭秘故事 |
[24:19] | “I’m so broken” reveal for your fucking interview. | 在你的采访上大谈”我很受伤” |
[24:21] | How am I? I’m fucking fine. | 我好吗 我好得很 |
[24:23] | Fucked-up shit happens to people all day, every day | 坏事每天都会发生在人们身上 |
[24:24] | that they don’t know how to deal with. | 人们并不知道如何处理 |
[24:26] | Why dwell on it? You got what you needed. | 为什么要纠结 你已经得到了想要的东西 |
[24:28] | You got something on the head of the network. | 你已经得到了勒索电视网的筹码 |
[24:30] | I’d just like to accept this new job | 我想在你做这次采访前 |
[24:32] | before you do this interview, okay? | 接受新的工作 好吗 |
[24:36] | – I wanna get out of New York. – I understand, Hannah. Take a breath. | -我想离开纽约 -我理解 汉娜 放松点 |
[24:39] | Quit telling me what to do, how to feel! I’m done. | 别告诉我该怎么做 该怎么感受 我说完了 |
[24:43] | How do I get you to leave? What do I have to say? | 我怎么做你才满意 还要我说什么 |
[24:46] | I was violated? | 说我被侵犯了吗 |
[24:48] | I was scared? | 我很害怕吗 |
[24:49] | I was powerless? | 我感到无助吗 |
[24:51] | That I think about it every day… | 说我每天都在想这件事… |
[24:54] | hundreds of times every day? | 每天想几百遍吗 |
[24:58] | That this is what has defined me, how I got a promotion, who I am? | 说这件事塑造了我 说我因此得到了晋升 说我就是这样的人 |
[25:04] | How it feels to have someone you love and | 说我爱戴 尊重 |
[25:07] | respect and look up to on top of you… | 敬仰的人趴在我身上… |
[25:11] | using you, using your body… | 利用我 利用我的身体… |
[25:15] | and wanting you and not caring about you all at once? | 想要我却又不关心我的感受 |
[25:18] | Wanting a parent and having a cock shoved up you, | 我想要一位家长 却被一个老二捅了 |
[25:22] | and then living with that eternal noise | 这辈子从此以后 |
[25:25] | in your head for the rest of your life, | 脑子里永远都有那个声音 |
[25:27] | the noise that says you are dirty, you caused this, this is your fault. | 说我肮脏 说我自食其果 说一切都是我的错 |
[25:33] | To see people lose their jobs and worlds fall apart | 看见人们丢掉工作 世界四分五裂 |
[25:37] | because I couldn’t find the words to say no. | 就因为我没能说出拒绝的话 |
[25:40] | – Okay, Hannah… – Get away from me. | -好了 汉娜… -离我远点 |
[25:41] | Okay. I’m just… I’m just… I’m… I’m… I’m worried about you. | 好吧 我只是… 我很担心你 |
[25:45] | No. Don’t be. Like you said, I’m tough. | 大可不必 如你所说 我很坚强 |
[25:48] | Yeah. This was a mistake. I’m sorry. | 是 这是个错误 我很抱歉 |
[25:50] | I don’t have to go through with it. | 我并不是非要做这次采访 |
[25:52] | No. No. Do it. It’s important. Do it. Do what I couldn’t. | 不 一定要做 这很重要 必须做 做我做不到的事 |
[25:56] | – Are you sure? – Yes. | -你确定吗 -确定 |
[26:01] | Okay. | 好 |
[26:03] | Look. | 听着 |
[26:05] | Please call me anytime. | 请随时联系我 |
[26:06] | I’ll have my phone right by my bed. | 我会把手机放在床边 |
[26:08] | I’m fine. Do what you’re gonna do. | 我没事 做你该做的事吧 |
[26:14] | You know this wasn’t your fault, right? You know that? | 你知道这不是你的错吧 你知道吧 |
[26:19] | With all due respect, Bradley, please | 恕我直言 布莱德利 |
[26:22] | just take your rhetoric and just fuck off. | 请收起你的花言巧语快滚吧 |
[26:57] | How’d you like him? He’s great, right? | 你觉得他如何 他很棒吧 |
[27:02] | Yeah, he’s good. | 是的 他很棒 |
[27:04] | He’s good. He sure is passionate. | 他很棒 有满腔热血 |
[27:08] | – And Marlon loves you. – Oh, yeah. | -马龙也很崇拜你 -是啊 |
[27:10] | I mean, he loved you before. | 他之前就很崇拜你 |
[27:11] | He called me after the meeting. Said he loved you even more. | 见面之后他给我打电话 说更加崇拜你了 |
[27:14] | Well, that’s the passion I’m talking about. | 我说的就是这种热血 |
[27:17] | Listen. Just gotta give me a minute, all right? | 听着 给我点时间 好吗 |
[27:20] | This is gonna take a little getting used to. | 换人这种事需要一段适应期 |
[27:26] | Well, I hope you two hit it off, because you say the word, | 我希望你们能合得来 因为只要你一句话 |
[27:29] | and his deal is closing. | 他这事就成了 |
[27:31] | Oh. Okay. I know, I know. Okay. | 好吧 我知道的 行吧 |
[27:36] | Look, I know it’s gonna take some getting used to, | 听着 我知道需要适应期 |
[27:38] | that there will be a “getting to know you” period. | 会有一个”了解你”的阶段 |
[27:42] | But Greg will still be your guy. | 但格雷戈还是你的人 |
[27:45] | You’ll have the full support of the network, | 你会得到电视网的全力支持 |
[27:47] | including a huge fucking contract to prove it. | 包括一个待遇优厚的合同以兹证明 |
[27:51] | After all the back-and-forth a couple of weeks ago, | 几周前的各种风波过去之后 |
[27:53] | you’re even getting coanchor approval in writing. | 你甚至还能自主选择搭档 这也会写在合同里 |
[27:59] | Right? You win. | 怎么样 你赢了 |
[28:01] | God. | 天啊 |
[28:07] | Oh, I really just wish I could close my eyes | 真希望我能闭上眼睛 |
[28:08] | and blink and the last three weeks would just go away. | 眨一眨眼 让过去的三个星期消失 |
[28:11] | Alex, these pieces were set in motion years ago. | 艾利克斯 这些丑闻几年前就开始了 |
[28:13] | There’s no amount of wishing or maneuvering that can change that. | 个人的希望与行为是无法将其改变的 |
[28:16] | Chip made his bed, and Mitch fucked the whole office in it | 奇普整理好了床铺 米奇在床上睡了全公司的人 |
[28:20] | while we obliviously stood outside the bedroom door. | 而我们站在卧室的门外 毫不知情 |
[28:23] | Hey. Listen. Fuck Mitch. | 嘿 听着 让米奇去死吧 |
[28:25] | There’s gotta be a way that we can put Chip on an administrative leave. | 一定有办法让奇普带薪休假 |
[28:30] | Hire Marlon temporarily, and then when | 临时聘请马龙 等风波平息了 |
[28:32] | this all blows over, we bring Chip back. | 再把奇普弄回来 |
[28:34] | No. Absolutely not. | 不 绝对不行 |
[28:36] | – “Absolutely not”? – We have to send a message | -“绝对不行” -必须杀一儆百 |
[28:38] | that this behavior will not be condoned at UBA or on The Morning Show. | UBA或”晨间秀”对这种行为零容忍 |
[28:42] | We have to show that there are consequences for our actions. | 我们必须表明 我们会对自己的行为承担后果 |
[28:46] | You said it so eloquently, as a woman, | 你之前说得特别好 以女性的角度去看 |
[28:48] | there often aren’t enough of them. | 你说后果再多也不为过 |
[28:50] | How did you say it? | 你是怎么说的 |
[28:51] | “I am proud to be on a network | “我为在敢于直面后果的电视台工作 |
[28:54] | and live in a country that upholds consequences.” | 和这样的国家生活而无比自豪” |
[28:59] | You are the truth teller, Alex. | 你就是讲真话的人 艾利克斯 |
[29:03] | Oh, God. Okay. | 天啊 好吧 |
[29:10] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[29:11] | Wonderful! Done. | 太好了 搞定了 |
[29:13] | And I hope you don’t feel so bad about fucking Bradley Jackson. | 我希望你不会为开除布莱德利·杰克森而感到愧疚 |
[29:17] | I mean, she’s getting a hell of a payoff | 她可是赚了一大笔钱 |
[29:19] | for a lunatic who put in a couple of | 这个疯子只工作了几个星期 |
[29:21] | weeks’ work trying to kill our brand. | 就想搞垮我们的品牌 |
[29:23] | Yeah, okay. Well, that might be the case, | 好吧 也许是那样 |
[29:25] | but whatever happens to that girl for | 但无论那个女孩下半辈子过得如何 |
[29:26] | the rest of her life, that’s on me. Okay? | 都是我导致的 好吗 |
[29:30] | I plucked her out of obscurity, and I tossed her right into infamy. | 是我让她从默默无闻变成臭名昭著 |
[29:34] | – God. – It’s 3:55. The meeting starts at 4:00. | -天啊 -3点55分了 会议4点开始 |
[29:38] | Okay. Thank you. | 好的 谢谢 |
[29:40] | All right. I gotta go. | 好了 我得走了 |
[29:43] | I gotta figure out a way to tell Bradley that Daniel’s coming in. | 我要想想该怎么告诉布莱德利 丹尼尔要替她 |
[29:49] | This is all good, Alex. | 这都是好事 艾利克斯 |
[29:50] | All of it. | 全部都是 |
[29:52] | For the show… and for you. | 对节目好… 对你也好 |
[31:03] | Have a seat. | 坐吧 |
[31:12] | I’m good. | 不必了 |
[31:21] | Stern and Young has returned its | 斯坦杨调查公司的内部调查 |
[31:22] | findings in their internal investigation. | 出结果了 |
[31:27] | Well, don’t keep me in suspense. | 别吊我胃口了 |
[31:31] | They found you responsible for the permissive environment. | 他们发现 默许的工作环境是你造成的 |
[31:34] | There are pages and pages of evidence that back that up. | 有很多证据支持这一结论 |
[31:38] | Wow. You must’ve had some pretty good | 天啊 你一定找了个优秀的小说作家 |
[31:40] | fiction writers put that together for you. | 来给你写报告 |
[31:42] | A little better than the people who write your prime-time lineup. | 比给你撰写黄金时段节目的人还优秀 |
[31:45] | Have some decency, Charlie. This is a serious matter. | 注意你的风度 查理 这件事很严肃 |
[31:48] | Oh, it’s serious something, Fred. For sure. | 很严肃 弗雷德 当然了 |
[31:52] | You know it gives me no pleasure. | 这件事并不能让我开心 |
[31:54] | It gives me no pleasure to know that someone | 知道为我工作了多年的人 |
[31:55] | that worked for me for years | 有这么恶劣的过失 |
[31:57] | exhibited such gross negligence and endangered my employees. | 让我的员工身处危险 让我完全高兴不起来 |
[32:02] | Are you fucking kidding me? | 你开什么玩笑 |
[32:04] | You better get this over with fast | 你最好赶紧把正事说完 |
[32:05] | before I lose it and drop-kick your ass right on Fifth Avenue. | 不然我一生气就会把你踢到第五大道上去 |
[32:09] | Have it your way. You’re fired effective immediately. | 随你便吧 你被开除了 即时生效 |
[32:12] | We’re announcing it officially when | 明早公布调查报告的时候 |
[32:13] | the report’s released tomorrow morning. | 就会正式宣布 |
[32:15] | James has a box for your things outside. | 詹姆斯在门外为你准备了一个箱子 |
[32:17] | Take what you can carry. The rest we’ll have sent to your home. | 装上你拿得动的东西 剩下的我们会帮你送回家 |
[32:20] | Great. Is that all? | 太好了 就这些了 |
[32:23] | No, one more thing. | 不 还有一件事 |
[32:25] | Fuck you for not killing that private firefighter story like I asked. | 去你妈的 你居然没把私人消防员的报道拦下来 |
[32:29] | That fire came a pussy hair away from my house. | 那场火差一点就烧到我的房子了 |
[32:31] | Yeah, my show bought you that fucking house, | 是吗 你靠我的节目买下了那栋房子 |
[32:34] | and I will burn it to the fucking ground if I feel like it! | 如果我愿意 我会把它烧成灰烬 |
[32:44] | Fuck. | 操 |
[32:53] | – Hey, Bradley. – Hey, I just talked to Hannah. | -嗨 布莱德利 -嗨 我刚刚和汉娜谈过了 |
[32:56] | It was really hard. | 太难了 |
[32:57] | I’m sorry. Did you get enough for the interview? | 我很遗憾 采访素材够了吗 |
[33:00] | Probably, yeah. | 应该够了 |
[33:02] | Okay, good. We do it tomorrow. | 好 我们明天就做 |
[33:04] | Tomorrow? That’s fast. | 明天 太快了 |
[33:06] | No. It has to be tomorrow, early in the show. | 不 必须在明早的节目上 |
[33:12] | Bradley. | 布莱德利 |
[33:14] | Yeah. Okay. | 是 好吧 |
[33:16] | Okay, good. I’ll let Mitch and Cory know it’s on. | 好 我会通知米奇和科利采访要上了 |
[33:19] | Okay. I’ll let Hannah know. They offered her a job in LA. | 好 我会告诉汉娜 他们给了她一份在洛杉矶的工作 |
[33:22] | Jesus. They’re fucking shameless. | 天啊 他们太不要脸了 |
[33:25] | Yeah. I’ll start working. Bye. | 好 我开始工作了 再见 |
[33:32] | You’ve reached Hannah Shoenfeld. | 我是汉娜·肖恩菲尔德 |
[33:34] | Please leave a message, and I’ll get right back. | 请留言 我会尽快回电 |
[33:36] | Hannah, it’s Claire. | 汉娜 我是克莱尔 |
[33:39] | Look, I… I feel awful. | 听着 我… 我感觉很糟 |
[33:41] | I’m really sorry that I got so upset with you. | 对不起 我之前不该跟你发脾气 |
[33:45] | I think that it all just took me a bit by surprise. | 我觉得是我没做好心理准备 |
[33:48] | And I know that you were probably just looking out for me. | 我知道你可能只是关心我 |
[33:52] | Can we talk? | 我们能谈谈吗 |
[33:53] | I will not take no for an answer. | 不许不答应 |
[33:55] | If you don’t call me back, | 如果你不给我回电话 |
[33:57] | I will wait outside your building, | 我就在你家楼下守株待兔 |
[33:59] | and I’ll follow you to work in the morning. | 早上跟你一起去上班 |
[34:02] | I will stalk you until you accept my apology. | 我会一直跟踪你 直到你接受我的道歉 |
[34:06] | I’ll bring coffee. | 我会带咖啡来 |
[34:08] | Please, Hannah. | 求你了 汉娜 |
[34:10] | I’m really sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[34:13] | Okay, bye. | 好了 再见 |
[34:19] | Are you getting | 你需要找人 |
[34:20] | any help processing any of this, Hannah? | 帮你处理此事吗 汉娜 |
[34:22] | No. No. I don’t need any help. It’s done. It’s over. | 不用了 我不需要帮助 这事已经完了 过去了 |
[34:26] | Is it? | 是吗 |
[34:28] | What are you getting at? I’m not Ashley Brown, okay? | 你什么意思 我不是阿什莉·布朗 好吗 |
[34:31] | I’m not gonna give you some tearful | 我不会给你一段催人泪下的揭秘故事 |
[34:33] | “I’m so broken” reveal for your fucking interview. | 在你的采访上大谈”我很受伤” |
[34:35] | How am I? I’m fucking fine. | 我好吗 我好得很 |
[34:37] | Fucked-up shit happens to people all day, every day | 坏事每天都会发生在人们身上 |
[34:39] | that they don’t know how to deal with. | 人们并不知道如何处理 |
[34:40] | Why dwell on… | 为什么要… |
[34:45] | – Hey. – Hey. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[34:46] | Come in. | 请进 |
[34:48] | I’m glad you’re here. I could really use your help. | 你来真是太好了 我很需要你的帮助 |
[34:51] | You wanna have a seat? | 请坐下吧 |
[34:52] | Uh, yeah. Thanks. | 好的 谢谢 |
[34:54] | Yeah, I’m not gonna lie. | 老实说 |
[34:55] | I’m getting kinda nervous that this is actually happening. | 这回要动真格的了 我还真挺紧张的 |
[34:57] | Yeah, I get it. It’s a nail-biter. | 是啊 我能理解 这件事确实让人坐立不安 |
[35:00] | So, look, uh, before we get started, I have to tell you something. | 听着 开始之前 我要告诉你一件事 |
[35:04] | – What? – I’m not gonna be there tomorrow. | -什么事 -我明天不会在场 |
[35:06] | What are you talking about? You have to be there. | 你说什么呢 你必须在场啊 |
[35:08] | Bradley, I got fired today. | 布莱德利 我今天被开除了 |
[35:11] | – When? – Right before you called. | -什么时候 -就在你打来电话之前 |
[35:14] | You’re gonna announce the internal | 你明天会在直播上 |
[35:15] | investigation findings on air tomorrow. | 宣布内部调查的结果 |
[35:17] | Marlon Tate, the new EP, is gonna start tomorrow. | 新监制马龙·泰特明天就会走马上任 |
[35:22] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[35:25] | Well, I guess we’re done. | 看样子我们的计划流产了 |
[35:27] | No. No, no, no. Bradley, this is all still doable. | 不会的 布莱德利 我们的计划依然可行 |
[35:30] | “Still doable”? | “依然可行” |
[35:32] | I’m supposed to be sneaking somebody into the studio, | 我可是要在没有你帮助的情况下 |
[35:34] | hijacking a segment without Alex knowing, | 偷偷把人带进演播厅 |
[35:37] | and doing that without your help. | 背着艾利克斯偷走一段节目时间啊 |
[35:39] | How’s that doable? | 那怎么可行呢 |
[35:40] | That’s what we’re gonna figure out. But you have to do this. | 这正是我们要商量的地方 但是采访你必须要做 |
[35:42] | In part because nailing Fred’s ass to | 一是因为揭露弗雷德的罪行 |
[35:44] | the fucking wall is the right thing to do, | 是伸张正义 |
[35:46] | and in part because this is gonna blow up the broadcast tomorrow, okay? | 二是因为采访会让明天的节目乱成一团 |
[35:49] | They’re gonna have to pull the plug at a certain point, | 他们一定会在某个时刻中断播出 |
[35:51] | and through all of that fallout, | 出了这么多事 |
[35:53] | those fucking bullshit investigation findings | 那些要命的调查结果 |
[35:55] | – will never get released ’cause… – That’s what this is about for you. | -就永远不会被公布了 因为… -原来你是这个目的 |
[35:59] | You wanna bury that investigation. | 你想隐瞒内部调查结果 |
[36:01] | Okay, nobody’s motives are 100% pure, okay? | 好吧 谁的动机都不是百分百纯粹的 行吧 |
[36:03] | You know that. Let’s be honest, okay? | 你是知道的 我们就开诚布公吧 |
[36:05] | If you get this right, you’re gonna be an iconic part of history. | 如果你这次做了正确的事 你会被载入史册 |
[36:08] | That’s a huge part of why you’re doing this. | 这是你做这件事的重要原因 |
[36:09] | Really? Part of history? Maybe. Maybe not. | 真的吗 载入史册 也许会 也许不会 |
[36:12] | But that’s definitely not why I’m doing this. | 但那绝对不是我做采访的原因 |
[36:14] | More likely is I’m just trying to blow up | 我更像是在毁掉我这辈子 |
[36:16] | the only decent job I ever had | 唯一一份像样的工作 |
[36:18] | because I’m a fucking destructive maniac. | 因为我是个破坏力超强的疯子 |
[36:20] | Jesus Christ. Who fucking gives a shit, okay? | 老天啊 谁在乎啊 |
[36:22] | Is it selfish? Is it altruistic? | 是自私吗 是无私吗 |
[36:23] | We’ll fucking figure that out in the old folks home later. | 我们以后在敬老院里慢慢想 |
[36:26] | Right now, we have a chance to attach | 现在我们有机会 |
[36:28] | ourselves to a fucking moral cause, okay? | 站在道德制高点上 |
[36:30] | We have to do this. We have to. | 我们必须做这个采访 必须做 |
[36:32] | “We.” You keep saying “we.” But this is basically me, okay? | “我们” 你一直说”我们” 但这基本上全靠我一个人啊 |
[36:35] | You’re not there anymore. You got fired. | 你已经不在公司了 你被开除了 |
[36:38] | – I’m the one putting my ass on the line. – Okay. Just… | -现在冒险的人是我 -好吧 只是… |
[36:40] | That’s fucking insane. | 这也太疯狂了 |
[36:41] | It was insane before, but now it’s off-the-chart batshit nuts. | 之前就很疯狂 但现在已经疯狂到了极点 |
[36:44] | – You get that, right? – Yes, I hear you. | -你明白的吧 -我明白 |
[36:47] | You want me to do this by myself, | 你想让我一个人来做 |
[36:48] | and I’m not even qualified to do this. | 可我甚至没有资格 |
[36:50] | I don’t even know how I got this fucking job. | 我甚至不知道这份工作是怎么到手的 |
[36:53] | I mean, I certainly didn’t earn it. | 显然不是我应得的 |
[36:55] | – And I’m pretending half the fucking time. – Calm, calm. | -我有一半的时间都在装模作样 -冷静点 |
[36:57] | And I’m just doing the best I goddamn can, | 我只能尽力而为 |
[37:00] | but I feel like a reality television show in a goddamn pantsuit. | 可我感觉像穿着西服参加一场真人秀 |
[37:02] | – It’s okay… – And let me tell you something, | -没事的… -我告诉你吧 |
[37:04] | that I dragged this girl into this, and she’s breaking. | 我把这个姑娘拖下了水 她现在快要崩溃了 |
[37:07] | I mean, she’s… she’s really suffering, | 她很痛苦 |
[37:09] | and Mitch is telling the truth about Fred, | 米奇要揭露弗雷德的真面目 |
[37:11] | – but nobody cares! – You need to fuckin’ breathe. | -但谁都不在乎 -你得喘口气 |
[37:12] | Nobody cares that this poor girl is feeling broken inside! | 没人在乎这可怜的姑娘内心有多么崩溃 |
[37:16] | Hey, Bradley, you need to relax. | 嘿 布莱德利 放松些 |
[37:17] | God damn it! Please don’t hug me right now. | 该死的 现在不要抱我 |
[37:21] | What the hell is that gonna fix? | 拥抱有什么用 |
[37:26] | – I’m sorry, I’m sorry. – No, I’m sorry. I’m sorry. | -对不起… -不 我很抱歉… |
[37:29] | No, I’m sorry. I… | 不 对不起 我… |
[37:42] | Can I get one of those? | 能给我来一杯吗 |
[37:45] | – Here. – Thank you. | -给 -谢谢 |
[38:02] | So, how are we doing this now? | 我们现在要怎么做 |
[38:04] | Oh, now that, uh, Chip is fired? | 因为奇普被开除了 |
[38:08] | Well, leave that to us. You just show up looking pretty. | 交给我们就好 你只需要穿得帅气点 准时出现 |
[38:12] | Okay. Thanks for coming over to tell me that. | 好吧 谢谢你特意过来告诉我这件事 |
[38:15] | Oh, no. I came by to tell you not to mess with Bradley. | 别误会 我是来告诉你 不要招惹布莱德利 |
[38:21] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[38:23] | I saw the way that you spoke about Hannah… playing you. | 你说汉娜… 耍你的时候 我注意到了你的神态 |
[38:28] | So, I’m still not confident that you get it. | 所以我还是不太相信你明白了这件事 |
[38:30] | So, I’m talking about things including, but not limited to… | 因此我想提醒你一点 但当然不止这个… |
[38:34] | you getting on air and acting like you’re the innocent victim | 别在直播上表现得像个无辜的受害者 |
[38:37] | and making Bradley seem like she’s the enabler. | 让布莱德利看起来像是此事的促成者 |
[38:42] | Well, I gotta get to work then. | 那我得开始工作了 |
[38:44] | I have to figure out a way to manipulate Bradley tomorrow. | 得想个明天摆布布莱德利的方法 |
[38:50] | You know, Mitch, if I was you, | 米奇 如果我是你 |
[38:51] | I might be thinking of tomorrow’s interview | 我会把明天的采访 |
[38:54] | as the beginning of my road to redemption comeback tour. | 看作重回电视行业的救赎之旅的起点 |
[38:57] | And if that is in fact the case, | 如果真是这样 |
[38:59] | it’s time for you to hange your fucking set. | 那你该改变一下你的态度了 |
[39:02] | Full disclosure, I’ve never been a big fan of your stuff. | 老实说 我一直不是很喜欢你的节目 |
[39:05] | It was… It’s really more my dad’s cup of tea, | 那比较符合我爸的口味 |
[39:08] | and he was a dick, and he’s dead. | 他是个混蛋 已经去世了 |
[39:11] | Truth be told, when that genre of music comes on, | 说实话 当我听到不喜欢的音乐类型 |
[39:14] | I gotta change the channel for fear | 我就必须换台 |
[39:16] | that I might break the fucking radio. | 因为我怕忍不住砸了收音机 |
[39:17] | But you’re a smart guy. A really smart guy. | 但你是个聪明人 非常聪明 |
[39:21] | So, you might find yourself a new audience. | 你也许可以找到新的观众 |
[39:24] | So, make sure you don’t blow your first show back. | 所以你要确保别搞砸了回归的第一次节目 |
[39:31] | And, if I could extend the metaphor, | 我再把这个音乐的比喻扩展一下 |
[39:33] | if everything goes as planned, in about three days… | 如果一切都按计划进行 大约在三天后… |
[39:37] | I think I’m gonna be running some of the biggest concert venues | 我认为我可能会负责经营 |
[39:40] | in God’s great Earth, | 全球最大的音乐公司 |
[39:42] | and I plan on playing the music that I want to hear. | 我打算播放我喜欢听的音乐 |
[39:49] | What the fuck are you talking about? | 你到底在说些什么啊 |
[39:53] | Tomorrow is your shot. | 明天是你的机会 |
[39:59] | Confess, or you’re done. | 要么忏悔 要么你就完了 |
[40:38] | Hi, this is Hannah Shoenfeld. | 你好 我是汉娜·肖恩菲尔德 |
[40:41] | I’ve been thinking it over, | 我考虑过了 |
[40:43] | and I’m actually very interested in | 我很有兴趣去洛杉矶 |
[40:45] | coming to meet you in LA about the job. | 跟你详谈关于这份工作的事情 |
[40:48] | Please give me a call back. Thank you. | 请给我回电 谢谢 |
[42:08] | So, look, I wanna ask you to do, uh, | 听着 我想让你做最后一件事 |
[42:10] | one last thing, but it’s… it’s a thing. | 但是很重要 |
[42:14] | Okay. | 好 |
[42:17] | I want you to sneak Mitch into the studio today. | 我想让你把米奇偷偷带进摄影棚 |
[42:20] | Bradley’s gonna interview him live on air. Alex doesn’t know about it. | 布莱德利要现场采访他 艾利克斯不知情 |
[42:23] | Oh, my God. You’ve fucking lost it. | 我的天啊 你真是疯了 |
[42:27] | I get why they fired you. | 我明白他们为什么开除你了 |
[42:28] | Mitch has evidence that Fred has been covering up sexual misconduct | 米奇有弗雷德掩盖不当性行为的证据 |
[42:31] | at the fucking network level, and we’re gonna expose his ass live. | 而且是在电视网管理层面的 我们要在直播中揭露他 |
[42:35] | – Holy shit. – Yeah. | -我的天 -是的 |
[42:36] | Look, I’m gonna be honest with you. | 听着 我跟你实话实说吧 |
[42:38] | You might wanna start looking for a new job. | 你也许该开始找新工作了 |
[42:40] | I’ve been looking for a new job for years. | 新工作我已经找了好几年了 |
[42:43] | How is this happening? | 你们怎么计划的 |
[42:45] | At 7:40, Alex is gonna rush downstairs | 7点40分的时候 艾利克斯会冲到楼下 |
[42:47] | to do the taxi-versus-ride-share segment. | 去做德士与拼车对比的那段节目 |
[42:49] | As soon as she gets in that elevator, | 她一进电梯 |
[42:51] | you rush down the back stairwell, open up the loading dock door. | 你就从后面的楼梯冲下去 打开装货月台的门 |
[42:54] | Like when we snuck Jagger in for Alex’s birthday. | 像艾利克斯生日的时候 我们把贾格尔弄进来一样 |
[42:56] | Yes. You’ll come upstairs, deliver Mitch to Bradley on the stage. | 没错 然后你再回到楼上 把米奇交给台上的布莱德利 |
[42:59] | Alex is gonna do her segment as planned, | 艾利克斯会按原计划做她那段节目 |
[43:01] | but we are not gonna broadcast it. | 但是我们不会播出 |
[43:02] | That is exactly when Bradley is gonna be interviewing Mitch. | 那就是布莱德利采访米奇的时间 |
[43:05] | Cory’s gonna take over the control room, | 科利会控制主控室 |
[43:07] | make sure the camera’s pointed exactly where we want it, | 确保摄像机对准我们想要的地方 |
[43:09] | at least until UBA freaks the fuck out and shuts the whole thing down. | 至少要播到UBA在慌乱中切断直播为止 |
[43:14] | You really trust Cory? | 你真的信任科利吗 |
[43:17] | I don’t… I don’t know. But I… I have to. | 我不知道 但我别无选择 |
[43:26] | Well, then I guess I’ll have to trust him too. | 看来我也必须信任他了 |
[43:33] | I’m sorry I had to drag you into this. | 抱歉 还把你牵扯进来 |
[43:36] | I would’ve been insulted if you hadn’t. | 你要是没有 我会觉得受到了侮辱 |
[43:40] | Better get in there. | 该进去了 |
[43:43] | Hey, Rena? | 嘿 瑞娜 |
[43:45] | Sic semper tyrannis. | 打倒暴政 |
[43:48] | Questionable reference. But, yeah, I get your point. | 这话引用得有些不妥 但我明白你的意思 |
[43:53] | Sic semper tyrannis. | 打倒暴政 |
[44:27] | I’m not really sure how long it’s been. | 我不是很确定已经过了多久 |
[44:29] | Could you just get down here? | 你能过来这边吗 |
[44:32] | Yes. Yes, it’s 103 Wooster Street. | 好的 在伍斯特大街103号 |
[44:36] | Yes. | 是的 |
[44:37] | Please stay on the line with me until they arrive. | 请不要挂电话 等到他们来到为止 |
[44:40] | This is a first for me. | 我第一次碰上这种事 |
[44:43] | What’s happened? | 出了什么事 |
[44:45] | You know her? | 你认识她吗 |
[44:48] | I was supposed to meet up with her last night. | 我本该在昨晚见她的 |
[44:56] | I know her. | 我认识她 |
[45:11] | Hannah. | 汉娜 |
[45:39] | It’s always difficult to lose someone | 失去一位朝夕相处的同事 |
[45:41] | with whom you’ve worked so closely. | 总是令人难以承受 |
[45:43] | I know that’s all of you. | 我知道大家都是如此 |
[45:44] | Chip’s strength was how hands-on he was. | 奇普的优点是 他总是亲力亲为 |
[45:48] | But being so hands-on also means, as we have sadly come to learn, | 但我们悲哀地发现 这样的亲力亲为也意味着 |
[45:52] | he was aware of Mitch’s reprehensible | 他虽然知道米奇行为不道德 |
[45:54] | behavior, and he allowed it to continue. | 却放任自流 |
[45:58] | That is inexcusable. | 这是无法原谅的 |
[46:00] | Now, Chip didn’t corner the market on great producing. | 奇普并不是唯一优秀的制作人 |
[46:03] | You will come to find that out very soon. | 各位很快便会了解这一点 |
[46:05] | But this is about more than a job… | 但此事不仅仅是关于一份工作… |
[46:08] | or making money for the network | 或是为电视网赚钱 |
[46:10] | or broadcasting the news. | 或是播报新闻 |
[46:13] | This is about your well-being. | 此事事关各位的福祉 |
[46:16] | And Marlon Tate is someone under whom you | 在马龙·泰特的领导下 |
[46:18] | can feel safe coming to work every day. | 各位可以每天安心地来上班 |
[46:26] | Thanks, Fred. | 谢谢 弗雷德 |
[46:28] | That’s right. I was a PA once myself on Rise and Shine Seattle. | 是的 我曾在”早安西雅图”节目组当个人助理 |
[46:32] | So, anything that I ask you to do, I’ve done before myself. | 所以我要求各位做的任何事 我都曾亲自做过 |
[46:37] | Then after Seattle, I had this epiphany. | 在西雅图工作之后 我顿悟了 |
[46:41] | I said to myself, “Marlon, dreams…” | 我对自己说 “马龙 梦想…” |
[46:43] | Hey. What’s wrong? | 嘿 怎么了 |
[46:45] | Bradley. | 布莱德利 |
[46:48] | – I… – Claire, what’s the matter? | -我… -克莱尔 什么事 |
[46:51] | I have to… tell you something. | 我有事… 要告诉你 |
[46:55] | I don’t know how to say this. | 我不知道该怎么说 |
[47:02] | It’s Hannah. | 是汉娜 |
[47:05] | She’s dead. She’s dead. | 她死了 她死了 |
[47:08] | She overdosed. | 她服药过量 |
[47:10] | There wasn’t a note. | 没有留下任何字条 |
[47:13] | Maybe it was an accident. I don’t know. | 也许是场意外 我不知道 |
[47:26] | Bradley? | 布莱德利 |
[47:29] | I’m still gonna come into work. | 我还是会来上班的 |
[47:31] | Just do what you have to do. | 做你该做的事吧 |
[47:34] | Okay. | 好 |
[48:54] | People… | 各位… |
[48:56] | let’s take a moment to honor… | 让我们一起缅怀… |
[49:00] | and remember Hannah… | 和悼念汉娜… |
[49:02] | our dear colleague. | 她是我们亲爱的同事 |
[49:32] | We have… We have some bad news. | 我们有坏消息 |
[49:33] | Yeah. About Chip? | 是 关于奇普的吗 |
[49:36] | No. | 不是 |
[49:38] | What? | 是什么 |
[49:53] | Hey. So, we’re good to go. | 嘿 我们准备好了 |
[49:56] | You know, Rena’s gonna help Mitch, and… | 瑞娜会帮米奇… |
[49:57] | The interview’s off. | 采访取消了 |
[50:00] | What are you talking about? We have to do this today. | 你在说什么 我们今天必须采访 |
[50:03] | This is not an option. | 这没得商量 |
[50:04] | No, Chip. Hannah’s dead. | 不 奇普 汉娜死了 |
[50:06] | She OD’d. | 她服药过量 |
[50:09] | This is our fault, Chip. | 这是我们的错 奇普 |
[50:13] | I can’t. | 我做不到 |
[50:15] | I can’t go through with it over her poor, dead body. | 现在她死了 我做不了采访 |
[50:17] | I just can’t. | 我做不到 |
[50:26] | I understand. Yeah. | 我理解 |
[50:30] | I’ll let Mitch know. | 我会告诉米奇 |
[50:31] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[50:53] | I just need a minute, please. | 请让我一个人静一静 |
[50:55] | I need to talk to you right now. | 我现在必须和你谈谈 |
[50:57] | What are you… Where are you going? | 你干什… 你要去哪 |
[50:59] | I’m leaving. I don’t know where the fuck I’m going, but I’m leaving. | 我要走了 我不知道要去哪里 但是我要走了 |
[51:03] | I was gonna interview Mitch behind your back, on air, today. | 我本来要背着你在今天的直播上采访米奇 |
[51:08] | Even though you told me not to. | 虽然你告诉我不要做 |
[51:10] | Actually, especially ’cause you told me not to. | 其实 尤其是因为你告诉我不要做 |
[51:13] | Wh… What? | 什么 |
[51:14] | And Mitch was gonna tell me what happened after his night with Hannah. | 米奇本来要告诉我 他和汉娜那夜之后发生了什么 |
[51:18] | Hannah? Hannah? | 汉娜 汉娜吗 |
[51:20] | Yeah, Hannah. | 是的 汉娜 |
[51:22] | Fred promoted her to protect Mitch, to keep her quiet. | 弗雷德为了保护米奇给她升了职 让她不要声张 |
[51:26] | Quiet from what? | 不声张什么 |
[51:28] | What do you think, Alex? | 你觉得呢 艾利克斯 |
[51:31] | So I went to her apartment to corroborate Mitch’s story. | 我去了她的公寓 证实米奇的故事 |
[51:34] | To get the truth. | 调查真相 |
[51:36] | But that wasn’t good enough for me. So, I wanted to annihilate Fred. | 但我觉得那还不够 我想把弗雷德拉下台 |
[51:39] | I wanted to blow up the fucking network. | 我想曝光电视网的丑闻 |
[51:42] | I wanted to do anything to get the best story I possibly could. | 我想不择手段弄到最精彩的故事 |
[51:46] | And I could see she was avoiding it, but I pressured her. | 我看得出她在闪烁其词 但我给她施了压 |
[51:49] | Because I’m a special kind of asshole. | 因为我特别混蛋 |
[51:52] | And I made her relive every minute of it. | 我让她回想了那段噩梦的每分每秒 |
[51:55] | And it opened up something in her that she | 让她说出了一些她无法承受的东西 |
[51:57] | couldn’t handle, and she killed herself. | 所以她自杀了 |
[52:00] | I might as well have just taken a gun and gone in and shot her. | 我还不如直接拿着枪进去把她射杀了 |
[52:04] | – So, I’m leaving. – Bradl… | -所以我要走了 -布莱… |
[52:12] | Oh, my… | 我的天… |
[52:14] | Oh, no. Oh, God. | 不 天啊 |
[52:19] | Oh, God. No. No, no. | 天啊 不不不 |
[52:22] | Bradley! Bradley! | 布莱德利 布莱德利 |
[52:24] | Bradley, come on. Slow down, please. | 布莱德利 等等 请慢一点 |
[52:26] | Bradley, this is not your fault. | 布莱德利 这不是你的错 |
[52:30] | You cannot take this on yourself. | 你不能把她的死怪在你自己身上 |
[52:32] | You had the best intentions. I know you did. | 你的出发点是好的 我知道 |
[52:34] | Fuck me and fuck my intentions, Alex. | 别他妈管我和我的出发点了 艾利克斯 |
[52:37] | Part of my intention was to blow you up in this process. | 我的出发点还包括顺便把你也搞垮 |
[52:40] | Okay, well, you know what? Maybe I deserve to be blown up. | 好吧 告诉你吧 也许我活该被搞垮 |
[52:43] | ‘Cause you know what I just did, ’cause I’m this kind of an asshole? | 你知道我做了什么吗 像我这样的混蛋 |
[52:46] | I basically just went to Fred, | 我去找了弗雷德 |
[52:48] | that asshole Fred, and I begged him for help. | 那个混蛋弗雷德 我去乞求他的帮助 |
[52:52] | Specifically to… to get you fired. | 具体来说… 是求他把你开除 |
[52:55] | So, that’s what I did. That’s the kind of asshole that I am. | 那就是我做的事 我就是那样的混蛋 |
[52:59] | Well, I’m sorry you lowered yourself to | 我很遗憾你屈尊去求了老总 |
[53:01] | beg the patriarch, because I’m leaving. | 反正我要走了 |
[53:03] | No, but you can’t. | 你不可以走 |
[53:04] | – Bradley, please don’t leave. – Yes, I can! Watch me! | -布莱德利 请不要走 -我可以 瞧着吧 |
[53:06] | No. You can’t. Please don’t leave. We have to fix this problem. | 不 不行 请不要走 我们必须弥补这件事 |
[53:09] | Oh, please. Fix this? How are you gonna fix this? | 拜托 弥补 这种事怎么弥补 |
[53:11] | Bradley, I did not know about Hannah, | 布莱德利 我不知道汉娜的事 |
[53:13] | I didn’t know about Mitch, and I didn’t | 我不知道米奇的事 |
[53:14] | know about Fred covering. I didn’t know… | 我不知道弗雷德隐瞒的事 我不知道… |
[53:16] | What about the boys’ club that you told me would never change? | 那你说永远不会改变的男性主导 又是怎么回事 |
[53:19] | What about that? | 那又怎么说 |
[53:23] | I don’t… I don’t know. | 我… 我不知道 |
[53:26] | I didn’t… | 我不… |
[53:27] | I said it. I didn’t realize how fucked up… I just… | 我是说过 我没有意识到这有多糟糕… 我只是… |
[53:34] | – Goodbye, Alex. – No. Bradley, I cannot do this. | -再见 艾利克斯 -不 布莱德利 我一个人不行 |
[53:37] | I need you to get me through today. | 我需要你帮我度过今天 |
[53:38] | – I just need you. – I can’t do it. | -我需要你 -我做不到 |
[53:40] | – I just need you for today. – Hey, Morning Show! | -就今天 -“晨间秀”的主持人 |
[53:41] | – Can I take a selfie with you? – It’s not a good time. I’m sorry. | -能和我来张自拍吗 -现在不合适 抱歉 |
[53:43] | Hey! Fuck off! | 嘿 滚开 |
[53:45] | – I said no! Give me your fucking camera. – Alex! | -我说不行 把相机给我 -艾利克斯 |
[53:47] | Give it to me, you fucker! What, do you think you own me? | 给我 你这混蛋 你以为我属于你吗 |
[53:50] | You think I’m available 24-7 because | 你以为我随时都有空 |
[53:52] | I’m in your living room every morning | 因为我早上出现在你的起居室 |
[53:53] | trying to make you feel better about this miserable world? | 试图让你对这悲惨的世界感觉好些吗 |
[53:55] | Well, I’m not! Guess what? | 我没空 你猜怎样 |
[53:56] | – Alex. – I’m empty! This is empty! | -艾利克斯 -我已经枯竭了 这是个空壳 |
[53:58] | – Stop it. Alex. – I’m empty! | -停下 艾利克斯 -枯竭了 |
[53:59] | You know what empty looks like? It looks like this. | 知道筋疲力尽什么样吗 就这个样 |
[54:01] | When I say “no,” it means no. | 我说”不” 就是不行的意思 |
[54:02] | – Alex! Will you just calm the fuck down? – What? | -艾利克斯 能不能冷静点 -什么 |
[54:04] | I will go upstairs if you shut the fuck up | 你要是闭嘴我就上楼去 |
[54:06] | and just give him his phone back. | 把手机还给他 |
[54:07] | – Yes. – Give him his phone back! | -好 -把手机还给他 |
[54:08] | Here’s your fucking phone, sir. | 还你的破手机 先生 |
[54:10] | Come on. Come on. | 走吧 快点 |
[54:11] | – Piece of shit! – Leave him! | -人渣 -别理他了 |
[54:13] | Jesus Christ. Just today. I’m doing this for just today. | 天啊 就今天 我只是为了今天才帮你 |
[54:16] | – I know. Just today. I know. – Come on. | -我知道 就今天 我知道 -来吧 |
[54:21] | Alex, Bradley, where you been? | 艾利克斯 布莱德利 你们去哪了 |
[54:23] | We’re cutting it kinda close here, guys. | 节目马上就要播出了 两位 |
[54:25] | I got Alex. She’s fine. Okay. | 艾利克斯交给我吧 她没事 好的 |
[54:26] | – You’re staying, right? – Sure. | -你不会走吧 -当然 |
[54:27] | Okay. | 好 |
[54:31] | You missed the announcement, | 你错过了通告 |
[54:32] | but I’ve arranged to have grief counselors available. | 但是我安排了悲伤情绪心理咨询师 |
[54:40] | Hey. Hey, where’re you going? | 嘿 你要去哪 |
[54:42] | I’m out of this place. I’m done. | 我要离开这里 我受够了 |
[54:44] | Listen to me. I understand how horrible | 听我说 我理解这事有多可怕 |
[54:46] | this is, but you can’t walk off the show. | 但你不能退出节目 |
[54:48] | Can’t you just let me go? | 你就不能放我走吗 |
[54:49] | I can’t sit next to her. I can’t pretend anymore. I just… | 我无法坐在她旁边 我再也装不下去了 |
[54:51] | You have evidence against the guy who’s the head of this company, | 你掌握着这家公司老总的把柄 |
[54:54] | and you’re gonna walk out? | 你却打算一走了之 |
[54:56] | You cannot keep yourself pure | 每次有人令你失望 |
[54:58] | just by moving on every time someone disappoints you. | 你就选择逃避 是无法令自己保持纯净的 |
[55:01] | You think people in one town over are gonna be any better? | 你认为另一个城市的人就会更好吗 |
[55:05] | No. | 不 |
[55:07] | Human nature, it’s surprisingly universal, | 人类的本性一致得令人惊讶 |
[55:10] | and it’s universally disappointing. | 就是会令人失望 |
[55:12] | So, you might as well stay and fight the fight, Bradley Jackson. | 所以你还不如留下来斗到底 布莱德利·杰克森 |
[55:46] | No, no, no, no. I didn’t need a personal escort. | 不用了 我不需要私人护送 |
[55:48] | We’re not doing this. | 采访不做了 |
[55:49] | Well, I’m sorry you feel that way, but you’re not EP anymore. | 我很遗憾你这么想 但你已经不是监制了 |
[55:52] | Mitch, Hannah’s dead. She OD’d. | 米奇 汉娜死了 她服药过量 |
[55:55] | What? | 什么 |
[55:57] | After she told Bradley about what happened with you and Fred. | 在她告诉布莱德利 你和弗雷德的事之后 |
[56:08] | You wanna say something now? You wanna… You wanna justify… | 你有话想说吗 你想要辩解… |
[56:13] | You fucking… Fucking asshole! | 你这个… 该死的混蛋 |
[56:20] | Fucker! | 混蛋 |
[56:23] | It was me. I was the one who leaked it to the Times. | 是我 是我泄密给”纽约时报”的 |
[56:26] | So fuck you, Mitch! Fuck you! | 你去死吧 米奇 去死吧 |
[56:59] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[57:01] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[57:34] | Come here. | 来 |
[57:40] | I’m so sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[57:53] | Hey, Alex. Uh, it’s me. | 嗨 艾利克斯 是我 |
[57:57] | You’re probably gonna hear something soon. | 你可能很快就会得到消息 |
[58:01] | They were investigating Mitch, but they were getting rid of you. | 他们当时在调查米奇 但他们早就想开除你 |
[58:05] | Leaking to the Times, it… | 向”纽约时报”泄密… |
[58:09] | it was a last resort. | 是最后的手段 |
[58:10] | I didn’t know what it was gonna do. | 我不知道会有什么效果 |
[58:11] | I just knew that if they didn’t have Mitch, | 我只是知道 如果没有了米奇 |
[58:17] | then they needed you. | 他们就会需要你 |
[58:21] | And I needed you. | 我需要你 |
[58:28] | Anyway, it was always for you. | 不管怎么样 我永远都是为了你 |
[58:32] | Always. | 永远 |
[58:35] | There. Thank you. | 给 谢谢 |
[58:41] | Thank you for staying. | 谢谢你留下来 |
[58:47] | And we’re live in 30 seconds. | 30秒后开始直播 |
[59:00] | I can’t imagine how hard this is for you, | 我无法想象此事对你来说有多艰难 |
[59:02] | and I want you to know how much I appreciate your professionalism. | 我想告诉你 我非常欣赏你的专业素质 |
[59:07] | Let’s do this one for Hannah. | 让我们把这期节目献给汉娜吧 |
[59:12] | Get the fuck out of my face. | 从我面前滚开 |
[59:21] | – Oh, my God. – Thank you. Add a little up there. | -我的天 -谢谢 上面也补一点 |
[59:24] | Are you okay? | 你还好吧 |
[59:25] | Yeah. No, I’m good. It’s good. | 是 我很好 没事 |
[59:26] | No, leave it! Who gives a fuck? | 不 别擦了 谁他妈在乎啊 |
[59:28] | We’re just gonna do this. | 我们把节目播了 |
[59:30] | Five, four, three, two… | 五 四 三 二… |
[59:38] | Welcome, everyone. | 欢迎各位观众收看 |
[59:40] | Thank you for joining us. | 谢谢大家收看 |
[59:43] | In our… | 今天… |
[59:45] | In our top s… | 今天我们的… |
[59:49] | story today… | 头条新闻… |
[59:53] | – Bradley, can you take this one? – Yes. Of course. | -布莱德利 你来报这条好吗 -好 没问题 |
[59:56] | A Papua New Guinea-bound Golden Trident Cruise luxury liner | 一艘驶往巴布亚新几内亚的金叉豪华游轮 |
[1:00:00] | carrying over 5,000 passengers is in its fourth day of quarantine. | 已经被隔离第四天了 船上载有超过五千名乘客 |
[1:00:05] | Over two-thirds of its passengers and… | 超过三分之二的乘客及… |
[1:00:07] | Alex, you okay? | 艾利克斯 你还好吗 |
[1:00:08] | Stay on three. Stand by, one. | 三号机继续 一号机待命 |
[1:00:10] | – What the fuck is she doing? – I don’t know. | -她在干什么 -不知道 |
[1:00:12] | Stay on copy, Bradley. | 按稿子继续播 布莱德利 |
[1:00:14] | The ship sits moored more than 600 nautical miles from Honolulu. | 游轮停泊在距火奴鲁鲁超过600海里的地方 |
[1:00:19] | A rescue ship is expected to arrive this afternoon | 救援船只预计今天下午抵达 |
[1:00:22] | – with antibiotics… – Fucking people. | -将携带抗生素… -妈的人类 |
[1:00:24] | … and medical supplies to treat the sick passengers on board. | … 和医疗用品来给游轮上患病的乘客治疗 |
[1:00:28] | A spokesperson for the cruise line | 游轮公司的发言人称 |
[1:00:31] | says that they are working day and night | 他们正夜以继日地工作 |
[1:00:34] | to get all of the infected people back to the safety of their homes | 确保将所有患病乘客 |
[1:00:38] | as soon as possible… | 尽快安全地送回家… |
[1:00:39] | – What’s your name? – …and that they are, quote… | -你叫什么名字 -…他们… |
[1:00:42] | – Joe. – Joe? | -乔 -乔 |
[1:00:44] | Fifteen years, I never met Joe. | 15年了 我都不认识乔 |
[1:00:46] | – Oh, my God. – What the hell? | -我的天 -搞什么 |
[1:00:48] | All of the ship’s passengers will | 游轮上的所有乘客 |
[1:00:49] | get a full refund due to the outbreak. | 都会因为疾病爆发而得到全额退款 |
[1:00:53] | Stay on three. | 三号机继续 |
[1:00:54] | Stand by, one. What do you wanna do? | 一号机待命 你打算怎么办 |
[1:00:56] | Just get her ass back in the chair! | 让她坐回主播台去 |
[1:00:57] | I… Alex, what… | 我… 艾利克斯 你… |
[1:00:59] | – Alex, please sit down. – Nope. I don’t wanna sit down. | -艾利克斯 请坐下 -不 我不想坐下 |
[1:01:04] | I’m not sitting down. | 我不要坐下 |
[1:01:06] | – Oh, wow. – Fuckin’ jerks. | -天啊 -一群该死的混蛋 |
[1:01:10] | – Its estimated time of arrival was… – Listen. Can I interrupt? | -预计到达时间是… -听着 能打断一下吗 |
[1:01:13] | Yeah. Yes. | 是 好的 |
[1:01:14] | Hi. Sorry. | 嗨 抱歉 |
[1:01:18] | We haven’t been honest with you. | 我们一直没有对各位坦诚相待 |
[1:01:21] | I mean, not, like, with the news. | 我不是指新闻 |
[1:01:23] | I’m not… I’m not talking about that. | 我说的不是新闻 |
[1:01:25] | I’m actually talking about ourselves. | 我是在说我们自己 |
[1:01:26] | What the fuck are they doing? Get ready to go to tape early. | 她们在干什么 准备播已经录制的节目 |
[1:01:29] | – Ready tape. – We don’t tell you everything, | -录像带准备 -我们不会说出一切 |
[1:01:31] | even a little bit. | 一点都没说 |
[1:01:33] | I mean, this whole place… This, uh… | 这个地方… |
[1:01:36] | It’s really different than what you… | 其实并不像… |
[1:01:39] | than what it may appear to you. | 不像展现在你们眼前的这样 |
[1:01:42] | And there are some really bad things going on here. | 这里其实发生着很多非常糟糕的事 |
[1:01:44] | Some really bad things. Some really bad… There are bad people and… | 非常糟糕的事 非常… 有很坏的人和… |
[1:01:48] | Are we doing this? | 我们要这么干吗 |
[1:01:50] | Yeah, you wanna? | 要 你愿意吗 |
[1:01:51] | We should tell the truth quickly. They’re gonna cut us off. | 我们得迅速说出真相 他们会切断直播 |
[1:01:53] | – We have one minute. – Yes. Let’s do it. | -我们有一分钟 -好 来吧 |
[1:01:55] | – Roll the fucking tape. – Ignore that, Donny. Do not roll tape. | -播放录像带 -别听他的 唐尼 不要播录像带 |
[1:01:58] | – Stay on the teacup and get everything. – Okay. | -对准演播台 全都拍下来 -好 |
[1:02:00] | Push in, Gene. Get it all. | 推上去 基恩 全都拍下来 |
[1:02:02] | We would like to share some information about our network. | 我们想和大家分享一些关于我们电视网的信息 |
[1:02:06] | We believe Fred Micklen to have been central in creating an environment | 我们相信弗雷德·米克伦一手创造了一种职场氛围 |
[1:02:10] | – that silenced women who came forward… – No. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. | -令站出来的女性无法发声… -不 操 操 |
[1:02:13] | – … to complain about sexual misconduct. – Those motherfuckers! No! | -… 无法投诉不当性行为 -这两个贱人 不 |
[1:02:16] | UBA is about to release an internal investigation | UBA即将公布内部调查结果 |
[1:02:18] | saying that they have been cleared. | 声称内部没有任何违规行为 |
[1:02:20] | This is not true. | 这不是事实 |
[1:02:22] | It is mostly bullshit. | 大部分都是谎言 |
[1:02:23] | It is all bullshit. It’s bullshit, | 全部都是谎言 就是谎言 |
[1:02:25] | and I’m not gonna lie to you anymore. | 我不会再向你们撒谎了 |
[1:02:27] | None of us are gonna lie to you anymore. | 我们都不会再向你们撒谎了 |
[1:02:28] | Because I’m as culpable as anyone in | 因为我和所有人一样难辞其咎 |
[1:02:30] | terms of not calling out or helping | 我没有去揭发 也没有伸出援手 |
[1:02:32] | to end the sexual misconduct that goes on in this fucking building. | 没有阻止这栋建筑中的不当性行为 |
[1:02:36] | On October 1, 2017, Mitch Kessler traveled to Las Vegas | 2017年10月1日 米奇·凯斯勒前往拉斯维加斯 |
[1:02:40] | to cover the horrible massacre. | 报道可怕的大屠杀 |
[1:02:42] | While he was there, he slept with a female colleague. | 他在维加斯期间与一位女同事上了床 |
[1:02:45] | She was young. He was her boss. | 她很年轻 他是她的上司 |
[1:03:01] | Corporate culture comes from the top down. | 企业文化是从上至下渗透的 |
[1:03:03] | And Fred Micklen dictated a culture of fear and silence… | 弗雷德·米克伦强行植入了一种充满恐惧与沉默… |
[1:03:10] | and paranoia and pain. | 猜疑与痛苦的企业文化 |
[1:03:13] | And it permeated everything, including The Morning Show. | 它渗透了电视网的方方面面 包括”晨间秀” |
[1:03:18] | I saw it. | 我亲眼见过 |
[1:03:20] | I saw how it affected the women, and I never stopped it. | 我见过它如何影响女性 我却从未出手阻拦 |
[1:03:25] | ‘Cause I was succeeding. | 因为我正走在成功的路上 |
[1:03:33] | And I know that it’s not enough… | 我知道这是不够的… |
[1:03:36] | but I apologize to many people. | 但我还是要向很多人道歉 |
[1:03:42] | To one person in particular… | 尤其要向一个人道歉… |
[1:03:44] | I was so unfair to you, and I am deeply sorry. | 我对你如此不公平 我深表歉意 |
[1:03:49] | And I will do everything that I can to make it right. | 我愿尽我所能去纠正错误 |
[1:03:53] | The abuse of power, the corporate corruption, it has to end. | 滥用职权 企业腐败 这些现象必须终止 |
[1:03:58] | We cannot accept a culture of silence, here or anywhere. | 我们在这里 在任何地方 都不会接受沉默的文化 |
[1:04:02] | Come here. Camera two, get over here. Come closer. | 过来 二号机 来 拉近些 |
[1:04:06] | Donny, I want a tight two-shot. | 唐尼 我要个双人特写镜头 |
[1:04:09] | Come closer, please. | 请再近点 |
[1:04:13] | As many Fred Micklens are out there, | 世上有多少弗雷德·米克伦那样的人 |
[1:04:17] | there are billionsmore people like me, | 就有成千上万倍像我 |
[1:04:20] | and like Bradley, and like you. | 像布莱德利 和像各位观众一样的人 |
[1:04:22] | So get loud. | 请大声说出来 |
[1:04:24] | We hope the Freds and the Mitches… | 希望弗雷德和米奇这种人… |