时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:04] | -It’s all set, ready to go. -Hold on. Wait for me. | -准备就绪 可以开始了 -等一下 等等我 |
[00:06] | Is Guy Fieri in the greenroom? | 盖伊费里还在休息室吗 |
[00:08] | -Grab him. Don’t let him go. -Got it. Straight to rerun or… | -带他来 别让他走 -好 是直接重播还是… |
[00:11] | -I wanted to hear from upstairs. -Go to The Twist! | -我想听楼上怎么说 -切到《转折》 |
[00:13] | Alex, what you did is amazing but we need to deal with this. Let us in. | 艾丽克丝 你刚才做得太棒了 但我们必须处理此事 让我们进去 |
[00:16] | -Twitter’s going fucking nuts. -Oh, God. | -推特上都疯了 -天啊 |
[00:18] | Does the room feel like it’s turning white? | 你有没有感觉这个房间在变白 |
[00:20] | -Alex. Alex. -Oh, gosh. | -艾丽克丝… -天啊 |
[00:22] | Just one second, please! | 请稍等 |
[00:23] | -Open up. -Those UBA fuckers, | -开门 -那些UBA的混蛋 |
[00:25] | they’re going to fight to keep their credibility, | 他们一定会反击来保住自己的信誉 |
[00:27] | and that means some version of dragging us through the mud. | 这意味着他们会用某种方式诬陷我们 |
[00:29] | Fred has to go. They have to understand that. | 弗雷德必须走人 他们必须了解这一点 |
[00:31] | We crossed a line, | 我们越界了 |
[00:32] | and they’re not gonna do what we want them to do because of that. | 正因如此 他们不会按我们的要求去做 |
[00:35] | Alex, everything is gonna be fine. | 艾丽克丝 一切都会没事的 |
[00:37] | -We love you. -Okay. Okay! Okay! | -我们爱你 -好… |
[00:39] | -I have to let them in. -Okay. I understand. | -我得让他们进来 -好 我明白 |
[00:41] | -Listen. I– -Wait, wait, wait. Before you do, | -听着 我… -等等…你先别开门 |
[00:43] | we have to stay together on this. | 这件事我们必须团结一致 |
[00:45] | And whatever you do, don’t mention Hannah by name. | 无论你做什么 都不要提到汉娜的名字 |
[00:47] | She didn’t want that. | 这不是她想要的 |
[00:49] | -Okay. -Okay. | -好 -好 |
[00:51] | -Alex, I will break down the door– -Okay, okay, okay. | -艾丽克丝 我要破门了 -好了… |
[00:53] | Oh, my God. Thank God. | 天啊 谢天谢地 |
[00:55] | -How are you? -Oh, my God. I just needed a second. | -你还好吗 -天啊 我只是需要一点时间 |
[00:58] | -Amazing what you did. -We’re fine. | -你们太棒了 -我们没事 |
[00:59] | -Where’s the phone? Where’s the phone? -Where’s the phone? Get the phone. | -手机呢 -手机在哪 快拿手机 |
[01:02] | Let’s not say anything to anybody. | 别跟任何人说话 |
[01:03] | -I’m not talking. -Open our mouths, we weaken our position. | -我没说话 -开口会对我们不利 |
[01:06] | -Left, left. -So we’re gonna keep our mouths shut. | -向左… -所以我们一句话也别说 |
[01:08] | Alex! | 艾丽克丝 |
[01:09] | Wait, Brad. | 等等 布莱德莉 |
[01:10] | Just keep your phone on and near you, okay? | 保持手机开机 放在身边 好吗 |
[01:13] | -I’ll– I’ll call you. -Yeah, no, I’ll take care of it. Come on. | -我会打给你 -好 交给我吧 来 |
[01:16] | -Give me my jacket. -Hold the elevator doors. Jim– | -把外套给我 -扶住电梯门 吉姆 |
[01:18] | Hold the doors. | 扶住门 |
[01:28] | You’re a dead man. | 你死定了 |
[01:30] | Said the corpse. | 彼此彼此 |
[01:33] | No. Wait… | 不 等等 |
[01:38] | You’re firing me? | 你们要炒掉我 |
[01:39] | You put Fred Micklen on administrative leave, | 你们让弗雷德米克林休行政假 |
[01:41] | and you’re firing me? | 却要炒掉我 |
[01:42] | Did you not hear what was said on our airwaves this morning? | 你们今天早上 没有听到我们播出的内容吗 |
[01:46] | We heard. Loud and clear. | 我们听得很清楚 |
[01:49] | What, do you not believe the victim? | 怎么 你们不相信受害者 |
[01:51] | Or do you just not care? | 还是说你们根本不在乎 |
[01:53] | ‘Course we believe the victim. | 我们当然相信受害者 |
[01:55] | We believe all victims, every last one of them, | 我们相信所有的受害者 每一个都相信 |
[01:59] | forever and ever until the end of time. | 永远相信 直到时间的尽头 |
[02:01] | And if we are proven correct in that belief, | 如果事后证明 我们对于受害者的信任是对的 |
[02:03] | Fred will be terminated as well. | 弗雷德也会被炒掉 |
[02:05] | But none of us were in those rooms, | 但我们当时都不在现场 |
[02:07] | none of us can say with any certainty at this moment | 目前我们没人能肯定 |
[02:09] | what happened, except for Fred. | 到底发生了什么 除了弗雷德之外 |
[02:11] | That’s because the other person, Hannah Shoenfeld, | 那是因为另一个人 汉娜肖恩菲尔德 |
[02:13] | -died this morning. -E– Except for Fred. | -今天早上去世了 -除了弗雷德之外 |
[02:16] | Who steadfastly maintains his innocence. | 他坚持说自己是无辜的 |
[02:19] | If we find evidence that any of that was true, | 如果我们发现有证据表明 任意一项指控是真的 |
[02:22] | we will extend zero tolerance. | 我们将实行零容忍政策 |
[02:24] | Okay, well, that’s horseshit, but okay. | 好 都是废话 但是行吧 |
[02:27] | Well, you can’t terminate my contract without just cause, | 没有正当理由 你们不能终止我的合同 |
[02:31] | and all I did was give the truth some oxygen. | 而我所做的只不过是让真相曝光而已 |
[02:33] | The truth? Look, here’s the truth. | 真相 听着 这才是真相 |
[02:37] | We suspect Fred might not be innocent, | 我们怀疑弗雷德可能不是无辜的 |
[02:39] | but we know you’re guilty of taking over UBA’s airwaves, | 但我们知道你有罪 因为你劫持了UBA电视网的信号 |
[02:44] | of allowing wild allegations to be made against the CEO of the network, | 同时你默许了 对电视网首席执行官的离奇指控 |
[02:48] | and of physically locking him out of his own control room. | 还把他锁在自己的主控室之外 |
[02:53] | Which, by the way, is also a serious fire hazard. | 顺便一提 这也是严重的火灾隐患 |
[02:58] | The fire hazard. | 火灾隐患 |
[03:01] | That was pirate television, and it has no place on our network. | 这是非法电视播出 这种行为是我们电视网络不能接受的 |
[03:05] | This really is the land that time forgot. | 这里真是被时间遗忘之地啊 |
[03:08] | All right. Well, I did my best, | 好吧 我尽力了 |
[03:10] | but I cannot drag you idiots kicking and screaming into the 21st century. | 但你们这些白痴哭喊着不肯进入21世纪 我也无法强行令你们就范 |
[03:14] | You’re just so caught up in ruling over your rotten little fiefdom | 你们一门心思全放在 掌控自己的一亩三分地 |
[03:17] | that you don’t even see the world that has sprouted up all around you. | 你们根本看不到周围冒出的新世界 |
[03:20] | All right. Well, enjoy broadcasting your cave paintings | 好吧 你们就尽情播出陈腐的内容吧 |
[03:24] | to the last remaining savages who are still watching over-the-air broadcasting. | 给剩下那些 还在收看传统电视广播的野蛮人看吧 |
[03:27] | The rest of the world, | 而世界上的其他人 |
[03:28] | they’ve moved to the cloud, and it is fucking gorgeous up there. | 已经转而使用互联网了 那里的风景很美 |
[03:32] | Cory, if you’ll excuse us, | 科里 你可以离开了 |
[03:34] | we have a television network we need to fix. | 我们还要修整电视网络呢 |
[03:36] | Well, get out that superglue. | 那就赶快拿出强力胶水啊 |
[03:39] | Do you really think that’s what all this is about? | 你们真的以为一切都是为了这个 |
[03:41] | Your little television network? | 你们的小电视网 |
[03:44] | This is a battle for the soul of the universe. | 这是一场为了世界的灵魂而进行的战斗 |
[07:21] | Maybe it’s much too early in the game | 也许现在还为时过早 |
[07:26] | Oh, but I thought I’d ask you just the same | 但我想还是问问你吧 |
[07:30] | What are you doing New Year’s | 新年你有什么安排吗 |
[07:35] | New Year’s Eve? | 新年前夜 |
[07:39] | Great move. Widen out. | 动作很棒 切全景 |
[07:41] | And you didn’t think we’d get her to sing. | 你之前还觉得我们无法说服她唱歌 |
[07:45] | Eric talked her into it. | 是埃里克说服她的 |
[07:47] | Welcoming in the New Year | 迎接新年 |
[07:51] | Standby, camera two. Take it, camera two. | 二号机准备 开拍 二号机 |
[07:53] | Keep it fun, Bradley. | 保持气氛活跃 布莱德莉 |
[07:55] | -Maybe I’m crazy to suppose -Camera two, zoom on Bradley. Take it. | -也许我这么想真是疯了 -二号机 给布莱德莉特写 开拍 |
[08:01] | I’d ever be the one you chose | 我会是你选择的人 |
[08:04] | Out of a thousand invitations | 在一千份请柬中 |
[08:08] | You’ll receive | 你会收到的请柬中 |
[08:11] | Did you know that this is actually about making New Year’s Eve plans way too early? | 你知道吗 这首歌其实唱的是 过早制定新年前夜的计划 |
[08:14] | All I know is we’re gonna freeze our balls off | 我只知道明晚我们要在时代广场 |
[08:16] | -tomorrow night in Times Square. -…stand one little chance | -被冻个半死 -有一个小小的机会 |
[08:19] | Here comes the jackpot question In advance | 下面是提前问出的大奖问题 |
[08:22] | Yes, we are. | 是的 |
[08:23] | What are you doing New Year’s | 新年你有什么安排吗 |
[08:26] | Oh, shit. | 不好 |
[08:28] | -Beautiful. Four. -New Year’s Eve? | -很好 四号机 -新年前夜 |
[08:32] | Two, ready? Take it, two. | 二号机准备好吗 二号开拍 |
[08:36] | Yeah, I just saw. | 是 我看见了 |
[08:37] | Another one bites the dust. | 又一个人倒台了 |
[08:39] | Multiple current and former employees have come forward | 多名现员工和前员工站了出来 |
[08:43] | with allegations of emotional abuse | 提出受到精神虐待的指控 |
[08:44] | and are calling for the public to… | 呼吁公众… |
[08:46] | Times asking for a comment on one, Maggie Brener on three, said she’d hold. | 《纽约时报》在一号线 要求评论 麦琪布莱纳在三号线 她说可以等 |
[08:50] | Media Relations left a word. | 媒体关系部留了言 |
[08:51] | They need to know what they’re saying about Ray. | 他们想知道如何对外说有关雷的事 |
[08:53] | Is he still on a scheduled vacation, or can we announce anything? | 是说他还在按计划休假 还是我们能宣布些什么 |
[08:57] | And what’s the board doing? | 董事会在做什么 |
[08:58] | Emergency meeting to discuss Ray’s replacement for the evening news chair. | 在召开紧急会议 讨论替代雷 担任晚间新闻主播的人选 |
[09:02] | Call back the Times, | 给《纽约时报》回电 |
[09:03] | give me Maggie Brener first and assemble the team, | 先给我接麦琪布莱纳 然后召集团队 |
[09:05] | Mia Jordan, Stella Bak, Vince Fontana, Legal, ASAP. | 米娅乔丹、斯黛拉朴 文斯方塔纳、法律部 尽快 |
[09:07] | Additionally, one of Marcus’s former assistants… | 另外 马库斯的一位前助理… |
[09:09] | -Is she on? -She’s on. | -接通了吗 -接通了 |
[09:10] | …that when she requested time off to attend | 当她要求请假去参加 |
[09:12] | -her mother-in-law’s funeral, Marcus… -Maggie, | -她婆婆的葬礼时 马库斯… -麦琪 |
[09:14] | I hope we gave you enough time to include this in your book. | 我希望我们给了你足够的时间 能把此事也写进书里 |
[09:16] | What are you doing New Year’s? | 新年你有什么安排吗 |
[09:20] | What are you doing New Year’s Eve? | 新年前夜你有什么安排吗 |
[09:33] | All right, don’t forget, | 好 别忘了 |
[09:34] | Bradley and I will be hosting UBA’s New Year’s Eve Extravaganza | 我和布莱德莉将会主持 UBA电视网的跨年夜盛会 |
[09:38] | tomorrow night live from Times Square. | 就在明晚 时代广场现场直播 |
[09:41] | Andrew W.K., Drake, Lauren Alaina, actual musical guests. | 安德鲁W.K.、德雷克、劳伦阿拉纳 真正来自音乐界的嘉宾 |
[09:46] | -No singing from us, thank goodness. -Hey, come on, I saw you having fun. | -我们就不唱歌了 谢天谢地 -嘿 拜托 我看你唱得很开心 |
[09:49] | Is that what fun looks like to you? | 你觉得那是开心的样子 |
[09:51] | Well, it looks like what you’ll be seeing here on UBA | 锁定UBA电视网 开心将与你同在 |
[09:53] | -starting at 8:00 p.m. eastern… -That’s right. tomorrow night. | -东部时间明晚8点开始 -是的 |
[09:55] | -We hope you can ring in 2020 with us. -Eric and I will be looking for you. | -希望大家和我们一起跨入2020年 -我和埃里克期待各位和我们一起狂欢 |
[10:00] | Now stay tuned for The Twist. | 不要走开 请继续收看《转折》 |
[10:02] | And we’re out. Good job, you guys. | 结束 干得好 两位 |
[10:07] | Twitter’s loving it. | 推特上反响不错 |
[10:08] | -Really? -I told you. | -真的 -我就说嘛 |
[10:09] | All right, it was more fun than I thought. | 好吧 确实比我想的更有趣 |
[10:12] | Oh, Jesus. | 天啊 |
[10:13] | Did you see this about Ray? | 你看到有关雷的新闻了吗 |
[10:14] | -Emotionally abusing his staff? -What? | -在感情上虐待他的员工 -什么 |
[10:18] | -God. -No. | -天啊 -没看到 |
[10:22] | Gayle. | 盖尔 |
[10:24] | I pushed the issue, all right? | 我尽力推动这件事了 好吗 |
[10:26] | This is coming from Mia? | 这是米娅提出来的 |
[10:28] | Mia wants to do “Nutrition in the New Year”? | 米娅想做“新年营养” |
[10:30] | Well, I think it has less to do with “Nutrition in the New Year” | 我觉得与其说是“新年营养” |
[10:32] | and more to do with, you know, bumming everybody the fuck out. | 不如说是让所有人都大失所望 |
[10:36] | New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day are two of the deadliest days of the year. | 新年前夜和新年是一年中最要命的两天 |
[10:39] | Alcohol consumption goes up, drug use rises, people die. | 饮酒量和吸毒量上涨 许多人丧命 |
[10:44] | It’s a fact. I’m sorry it’s a bummer. | 这是事实 很抱歉 确实令人失望 |
[10:47] | Okay, I was trying to give it to you easy, but we weren’t given an option. | 好吧 我本想委婉地告知你 但是其实我们没得选 |
[10:55] | I’m gonna go talk to her. | 我去和她谈谈 |
[10:56] | Bradley. | 布莱德莉 |
[10:58] | Ratings are down. Pick your battles. | 收视率下降 你要有选择性 |
[11:00] | You know, if they don’t value me around here, | 如果这个节目不重视我 |
[11:02] | I have a feeling there’s gonna be an opening on the evening news very soon. | 我觉得晚间新闻很快就会有职位空缺的 |
[11:05] | That seems like a safe bet. | 这似乎是安全的赌注 |
[11:07] | And I seriously doubt | 而且我十分怀疑 |
[11:08] | Vince would tell me to do “Nutrition in the New Year” | 文斯会让我把“新年营养” |
[11:11] | on the evening news. | 在晚间新闻上做 |
[11:14] | And by the way, Gayle, | 顺便说一句 盖尔 |
[11:15] | you told me all this singing and dancing and playing along | 你告诉我只要唱歌、跳舞 乖乖地和他们合作 |
[11:18] | was gonna buy me some freedom around this place. | 我就能在台里获得一些自由 |
[11:20] | I mean, I dyed my hair, I hosted their celebrity bowling show, | 我染了发 为他们主持名人保龄球节目 |
[11:23] | I– I did stupid TikTok dances on TV. | 我还在电视上跳愚蠢的抖音舞 |
[11:27] | I did everything short of tattooing UBA on my ass, and for what? | 我就差在屁股上文“UBA”了 可结果呢 |
[11:30] | You’ve gotten to do most of the stories you wanted to do. | 你得以报道大部分你想报道的新闻 |
[11:35] | If we stay the course, people will catch up. | 如果我们原地踏步 别人会赶上来的 |
[11:38] | I hope you’re right. | 我希望你是对的 |
[11:40] | I’m gonna talk to Cory about the evening news. | 我要和科里谈谈晚间新闻的事 |
[11:43] | -He values integrity. -We need to get out ahead of this. | -他重视诚信 -这件事我们必须先发制人 |
[11:46] | Bradley Jackson isn’t gonna find out on Twitter | 别让布莱德莉杰克森从推特上发现 |
[11:47] | that we’re poaching her partner for evening news. | 我们要为晚间新闻挖走她的搭档 |
[11:49] | When are we ready to make the switch with Eric? | 什么时候能换上埃里克 |
[11:51] | -He’s ready to close, almost. -Well, close the deal. | -他差一点就能签协议了 -好 那签吧 |
[11:53] | We were supposed to have time to ease her into this idea. | 我们本来应该有时间 让她慢慢接受这个想法 |
[11:55] | You know, this is making my life difficult to fire him, so maybe we don’t. | 这让我炒掉他变得很难 也许我们还是算了吧 |
[12:00] | Yelling at a PA isn’t exactly the same thing as sexual assault. | 冲个人助理大喊和性侵犯可不一样 |
[12:03] | I had a boss throw a pineapple at my head when I was a PA, and here I am. | 我当个人助理时 曾有个老板朝我脑袋 扔过一个黄梨 我现在还是好好的 |
[12:08] | We’ve heard that story before, Vince. This network needs to clean up its act. | 这故事我们听过了 文斯 这家电视网需要规范其行为 |
[12:11] | Let me make this simple. | 我就简单说了 |
[12:12] | The press release announcing Ray’s firing and Eric’s move to evening news | 有关宣布开除雷 和埃里克调到晚间新闻的新闻稿 |
[12:16] | is being drafted now, | 他们正在起草 |
[12:17] | but we’re not gonna release it till everything else is in place. | 但我们会等其他事宜全部搞定才宣布 |
[12:19] | The timetable has changed | 时间表已经变了 |
[12:20] | now that somebody has decided to leak the information to the press, | 既然有人向媒体泄密了 |
[12:23] | so we have to move expeditiously. | 我们就不得不快速行动 |
[12:25] | Let’s just concentrate on who we’re pairing with Bradley. | 我们先集中讨论该让谁和布莱德莉搭档吧 |
[12:28] | Stellar. Our short list is down to Mickey and Aaron. | 很好 我们的最后候选人名单上 还剩米基和艾伦 |
[12:30] | -What the fuck happened to Miguel? -He declined. | -为什么没有米格尔 -他拒绝了 |
[12:34] | He– He declined The Morning Show? | 他拒绝了《The Morning Show》 |
[12:35] | He wasn’t excited about working with Bradley. | 他不太愿意和布莱德莉搭档 |
[12:42] | Listen, what about keeping Eric on TMS, moving Bradley to evening? | 听着 让埃里克留在《TMS》 把布莱德莉调到晚间新闻如何 |
[12:47] | You know she loves her news hard. | 你们知道 她喜欢重大新闻 |
[12:50] | Okay, should we have the conversation about Bradley | 好吧 我们要不要谈谈我们都在想的 |
[12:52] | -that I think we’re all thinking? -What? | -关于布莱德莉的话题 -什么 |
[12:54] | Is she really cutting it? | 她的表现真的合格吗 |
[12:57] | That seems extreme. | 那似乎太极端了 |
[12:59] | Ratings have been down. Her contract is up in a few months. | 收视率下降了 她的合同会在几个月后到期 |
[13:02] | Yeah, Bradley was poised to become some sort of feminist superhero, | 是 布莱德莉 本来准备好成为某种女权英雄 |
[13:05] | but she couldn’t capitalize. | 但她没能把握住机会 |
[13:06] | No, wait. She refused to capitalize. | 不 等等 是她拒绝抓住机会 |
[13:08] | Well, I kind of admire that she didn’t just jump on the Me Too bandwagon | 我还挺佩服她的 她没有借助“我也是”运动的风潮 |
[13:11] | and fill up her grocery cart with free prizes and fake goodwill. | 假装受害者去从中获益 |
[13:13] | Yeah, but she went out of her way not to fill up her cart. | 是 但她专门花力气去反其道而行 |
[13:15] | She called that women’s club out on the carpet– | 她谴责那个女性俱乐部… |
[13:17] | For underpaying staff. | 因为给员工的工资过低 |
[13:18] | Listen, you know I love Bradley, | 听着 你知道我喜爱布莱德莉 |
[13:20] | but she really needs the poise and polish and gravity of a seasoned anchor like Alex | 但她真的需要一位像艾丽克丝那样 镇静、优雅、稳重的资深主播 |
[13:24] | to balance her out. | 来平衡她的性格 |
[13:28] | -Fine. -Okay then, | -好吧 -那好 |
[13:29] | we have a list of potential partner combinations | 我们列出了潜在的搭档组合 |
[13:31] | -that are ready to go– -What? No, I said fine. Fine, fine. | -都已经准备就绪… -什么 不 我说好吧… |
[13:34] | -“Fine,” what? -We get Alex back. | -“好吧”是指什么 -我们把艾丽克丝请回来 |
[13:36] | -No, no. I didn’t– I didn’t mean– -What? No. | -不…我不是那个意思 -什么 不行 |
[13:38] | -I don’t think that’s an option. -Why, have you talked to her? | -我不认为这是一个选项 -怎么 你和她谈过 |
[13:41] | She publicly left the show. It was a big deal. | 她公然离开了节目 这事太严重了 |
[13:43] | Did she personally tell you no? | 她亲口拒绝过你吗 |
[13:45] | Yes, emphatically, | 是 她强调过的 |
[13:46] | when she left the show eight months ago. | 在她八个月前离开节目时说的 |
[13:48] | That’s why we went out and spent all that money on Eric. | 所以我们才心甘情愿 在埃里克身上花那么多钱 |
[13:50] | But who else is a story like Alex is? | 但还有谁像艾丽克丝一样具有故事性呢 |
[13:54] | Who else can distract us | 谁能转移公众视线 |
[13:55] | from the burning trash barge that we are currently floating | 我们现在就像一艘失火的垃圾船 |
[13:58] | right down the center of the city? No one. | 漂在城市正中心 谁也救不了 |
[14:00] | I don’t know that bringing her back is the event that you think it is. | 我不知道让她回来 会不会达到你想要的效果 |
[14:02] | She’s a feminist icon. | 她是女权主义的代表人物 |
[14:04] | Maybe. But I also don’t love the idea | 也许是 但我也不喜欢 |
[14:06] | that she’s another white woman as co-anchor, feminist icon or not. | 再找一个白人女性当联合主播 无论她是不是女权主义的代表 |
[14:09] | And especially one who admitted to doing a lot of questionable shit. | 尤其她还承认做过很多有问题的事 |
[14:12] | And personally, I think Alex is done. | 我个人认为艾丽克丝已经没戏了 |
[14:17] | The thing people don’t realize is that there is a cost to success and fame. | 人们没有意识到功成名就是有代价的 |
[14:22] | There’s a story by Hans Christian Andersen. | 有一个汉斯克里斯汀安徒生写的故事 |
[14:25] | A young woman becomes enamored with these fabulous red shoes | 讲的是一位年轻女子 迷恋上了一双漂亮的红鞋 |
[14:29] | that are more attention-grabbing and exciting | 这双鞋非常吸引眼球、令人兴奋 |
[14:31] | than the humble brown shoes she wears. | 比她穿的那双简陋的棕色鞋子好多了 |
[14:33] | In a moment of bad judgment, | 她一时判断失误 |
[14:35] | she succumbs to their charms and wears them to church. | 向诱惑屈服 穿着鞋子去了教堂 |
[14:39] | And lo and behold, her feet start moving | 令人惊讶的是 她的双脚开始移动 |
[14:43] | and she is dancing, and she can’t stop. | 她跳起了舞 停不下来 |
[14:48] | And she dances for hours and days and weeks | 她舞动了几个小时、几天、几周 |
[14:50] | until she is bloody and bruised | 直到鲜血淋漓、伤痕累累 |
[14:52] | from dancing like a whirling dervish through the countryside and towns, | 因为她狂热地旋转着、起舞着 穿过乡间、城镇 |
[14:56] | unable to stop. | 停不下来 |
[14:58] | She finally dances so much and so hard, faster and faster, | 最后 她舞跳得太多、太辛苦 越来越快 |
[15:03] | that she knows she is going to bleed to death. | 她知道自己将会流血而死 |
[15:06] | So in a desperate attempt to stave off death, | 她拼命地想要避免死亡 |
[15:09] | she finally implores a woodcutter to cut off her feet. | 终于请求一位樵夫砍掉她的双脚 |
[15:13] | And he does. | 他照做了 |
[15:15] | Then she dies. | 然后她死了 |
[15:21] | Times were different back then. | 当时的时代背景不同 |
[15:24] | And I’m sure there’s some patriarchal message in this | 我确信这个故事中有某种男权主义信息 |
[15:27] | to women who wanted to step out of their role. | 传达给那些想要放弃传统角色的女性 |
[15:32] | However, I always took away from it as a kid– | 然而 我小时候 对这个故事的理解一直是… |
[15:37] | and it probably says something about me as a kid– | 这也许说明了我儿时的性格 |
[15:40] | is the idea that the world might have you running so hard | 即世界可能会令你奔跑得如此辛苦 |
[15:45] | that rather than running one step more, you would cut off your own feet. | 以至于你宁可砍掉双脚 也不愿再多跑一步了 |
[15:49] | Never… | 永远不… |
[15:51] | And I never– I never forgot that image. | 我永远不会…忘记那个画面 |
[15:56] | I think success in the modern world demands a similar dance– | 我认为当今世上的成功 需要一种类似的舞蹈 |
[16:00] | soul-sucking, grueling, never ending. | 艰苦卓绝、永无止境 让人感觉身体被掏空 |
[16:04] | -Just wanted it to end. -And I just wanted it to end. | -只想要停下 -我只想要停下 |
[16:07] | I wanted it to end so I could begin to live. | 我想停下 以便开始生活 |
[16:17] | I’ll let you know how it goes. | 我会告诉大家结果 |
[16:19] | Stay tuned for The Twist. | 请继续收看《转折》 |
[16:22] | End manuscript. | 文稿结束 |
[17:08] | You want a hundred million a year to buy back | 你想用每年一亿美元买回 |
[17:09] | the streaming rights for Hampton? | 《汉普顿》的在线播放权 |
[17:11] | Well, Bruce, normally I’d hate to be the bearer of bad news, | 布鲁斯 我通常不喜欢传达坏消息 |
[17:14] | but with you, somehow, I love it. | 但对你我却很喜欢这样做 |
[17:17] | We’re not gonna renew the deal for Apocalypse 13. How’s that? | 《末日13号》 我们将不再续约了 这样如何 |
[17:20] | So if you wanna see it, | 所以如果你想看 |
[17:21] | you’re gonna have to do like everybody else and subscribe to UBA Plus. | 你就不得不像其他人一样订阅UBA+ |
[17:25] | And don’t worry, there’s a free trial if you can’t swing the $7.99. | 别担心 如果你付不起7.99美元 我们提供免费试看 |
[17:28] | I guess anger issues are endemic over there. | 看来愤怒的问题在你那边很普遍 |
[17:31] | Nah, this isn’t anger. | 不 这不是愤怒 |
[17:33] | You’ll know when I’m angry. I’ll make sure of that. | 我愤怒时你会知道的 我保证 |
[17:36] | -Kyle, who’s holding on three? -That’s Ivy. You told me to get her. | -凯尔 三号线上是谁在等 -是艾薇 你让我找她的 |
[17:39] | No, tell her I’ll call her back. I need Pete Freeman. | 不 告诉她我会回电 我要找皮特弗里曼 |
[17:41] | Keep rolling through the call sheet. I need to get outta here soon. | 继续处理呼叫名单 我很快就要走了 |
[17:44] | -Hey. Should I come back later? -Yeah, hi. Sorry… | -嗨 我是不是该晚点再来 -是 嗨 抱歉… |
[17:46] | Hi. No, no. | 嗨 不必… |
[17:48] | -Pete Freeman on two. -Tell him I’ll call him back. | -皮特弗里曼在二号线 -告诉他我会回电 |
[17:51] | -Look what the cat dragged in. Hi. -Hey. | -瞧瞧是谁来了 嗨 -嗨 |
[17:55] | Been a while. | 好久不见 |
[17:57] | -Yeah, I’ve been a little busy. -Yeah. | -是 我最近有点忙 -是 |
[17:58] | -Can– Can you talk for a second? -Yeah. | -能聊聊吗 -当然 |
[18:00] | -Oh, great. -Yeah. | -太好了 -是 |
[18:03] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[18:05] | What a morning. | 今天早上真是疯狂 |
[18:08] | Are you gonna have to fire Ray? | 你不得不炒掉雷吗 |
[18:10] | Well, I mean, I can’t tell you that, but yes. | 我不能告诉你 但是没错 |
[18:13] | So, who are you gonna get to replace him? | 那你准备用谁来替他呢 |
[18:18] | Yeah, I– | 是 我… |
[18:23] | I don’t– I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[18:25] | In fact, if you find out, please tell me | 是这样 如果你知道了请告诉我 |
[18:28] | because I’m dying to know. | 因为我迫不及待想知道 |
[18:29] | -Well, you would be my first call. -I appreciate it. | -我会第一个告诉你 -很感谢 |
[18:32] | And if you can’t find anybody good, there’s always me. | 如果你找不到优秀的人选 总是可以选我嘛 |
[18:36] | Well, I thank you for that selfless offer. | 谢谢你无私的提议 |
[18:40] | Okay, you owe me, buddy. | 好 你欠我人情 朋友 |
[18:42] | Remember you were fired around here, don’t forget. And I got you un-fired. | 别忘了 你被炒了 是我让你没被炒 |
[18:46] | I– Yep. | 我…对 |
[18:48] | -And obviously, I– I thank you for that. -I’d do it again. | -显然 我…那件事真的谢谢你 -我愿再次效劳 |
[18:52] | I really need you on The Morning Show. I need that stability. | 我真的需要你留在 《The Morning Show》 我要稳定 |
[18:54] | When people turn on The Morning Show, they’re gonna see Bradley Jackson. | 观众打开《The Morning Show》 就会看到布莱德莉杰克森 |
[18:57] | And by the way, you have been killing it this week. | 顺便说一句 你这周的表现很好 |
[19:01] | -Just this week? I mean… -Oh. Don’t do that to me. | -只有这周吗 我是说… -别这样 |
[19:04] | No, I– Look, I get it, | 不 我…听着 我懂 |
[19:06] | and I know that the ratings have gone down a little bit since Alex left, | 我知道艾丽克丝离开后收视率下降了一点 |
[19:10] | and I’m not oblivious, | 我并不是无动于衷 |
[19:12] | I just think evening news, | 我觉得晚间新闻 |
[19:15] | it just might be a better fit for my talents. | 也许更适合我的能力 |
[19:17] | And Ray leaving creates this square hole that’s perfect for a square peg. | 而且雷离开后留下的正方形坑 正适合一个正方形的萝卜 |
[19:22] | And I know– I know that I would kill it. | 我知道…我会做得很棒 |
[19:24] | Oh, abso– Of course you would. What are you talking about? | 那是当然 你说什么呢 |
[19:27] | You would absolutely crush that. | 你绝对会表现出色 |
[19:29] | But, you know, my problem is I like to fit square pegs into round holes | 但我的问题是 我喜欢用正方形的萝卜去填圆形的坑 |
[19:32] | ’cause it’s really hard, | 因为那很难 |
[19:34] | but when you can make it fit, like, perfectly, actually make it fit, | 但如果填进去了 真正完美地填进去 |
[19:37] | it’s magical. It’s totally magical. | 那太神奇了 完全不可思议 |
[19:39] | Feels like magic. And not like magic tricks, like actual sorcery. | 感觉像是魔法 不是变魔术 而是真正的魔法 |
[19:42] | And of course, of course the ratings took a dip there for a while, | 当然了 收视率会暂时下降 |
[19:46] | but that’s what’s gonna make the ta-da moment so exhilarating. | 但那会让揭秘时刻非常令人兴奋 |
[19:49] | So I can’t move you before the ta-da. | 所以在揭秘前我不能调动你 |
[19:57] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:58] | Okay. | 好 |
[19:59] | Well, you know, and I kinda feel like I’ve been finding my groove on the show. | 我觉得这节目我已经做得游刃有余了 |
[20:02] | -Yeah. -And Eric, | -是 -还有埃里克 |
[20:04] | he and I just complement each other really well. | 他和我相辅相成得很好 |
[20:06] | Well, that’s you, you complement anyone well. | 那是因为你 你和任何人都相辅相成得很好 |
[20:08] | I don’t know about that. | 那不见得吧 |
[20:09] | I mean, I think he and I are a good match. It’s much better than the last situation. | 我觉得他和我是一对好搭档 比之前的组合好得多 |
[20:12] | Oh, come on, you and Alex, you had something special too. | 拜托 你和艾丽克丝也有特殊的化学反应 |
[20:15] | For five minutes. | 就持续了五分钟 |
[20:17] | I mean, that’s the most I ever felt like we had a relationship. | 我感觉我们之间的关系 最多就持续了这么久 |
[20:21] | But, I mean, she left, and I– I haven’t even heard from her. | 但是她走了 而我她甚至还没联系过我 |
[20:25] | Well, yeah. | 是啊 |
[20:27] | It was a hell of a five minutes. | 但那五分钟实在太精彩了 |
[20:29] | And who knows what would’ve happened if you’d had a chance to build on ’em. | 如果你们有机会发展这段关系 谁知道会怎么样呢 |
[20:33] | That’s true. I guess we’ll never know. | 确实 大概我们永远不得而知了 |
[20:35] | Anyway, it’s better this way. | 总之 这样更好 |
[20:37] | Well, I have learned never to say never. | 我已经学会了永远不要说永不 |
[20:40] | Except when I’m saying never to say never, | 除了我在说“永远不要说永不”时 |
[20:42] | in which case I say it twice in one sentence. | 这时我在一句话里说了两个“永不” |
[20:45] | I miss you. | 我很想你 |
[20:50] | Yeah, you know, we got busy, a lot happened. | 是 我们都很忙 发生了很多事 |
[20:55] | Yeah, yeah, yeah. I mean, yeah. | 是…是啊 |
[20:58] | It feels like that was a million years ago. | 感觉过去了好久 |
[21:01] | And yet it was still 2019. | 然而现在还是2019年 |
[21:03] | Yeah, tell me about it. | 是啊 |
[21:07] | And the Hannah stuff has, you know, been hard and on my mind. | 汉娜的事很困扰我 一直在我脑海里 |
[21:12] | I– | 我… |
[21:15] | That stuff, I guess it just takes time. | 那种事可能只能交给时间了 |
[21:20] | But we’ll get there. We will. We’ll get there. | 但我们会愈合的 一定会的 |
[21:23] | Hi, this is Shirlee Alpert, from Horseheads. | 嗨 我是雪莉阿尔珀特 来自霍斯黑兹 |
[21:26] | I want to nominate my grandson, Zack, for Hero of the Day. | 我想提名我的孙子扎克作为今天的英雄 |
[21:29] | Yesterday at the park, he and a child he didn’t know were eating candy canes, | 昨天在公园里 他和一个不认识的孩子在吃糖果棒 |
[21:33] | until the other child dropped his on the ground | 那个孩子的糖果棒掉在了地上 |
[21:35] | and started crying like the dickens. | 大哭了起来 |
[21:37] | Well, Zack really has the Christmas spirit in him, we’ve made sure of that. | 扎克很有圣诞节的精神 善待他人 这是我们一直以来教他的 |
[21:42] | And he offered to share his candy cane. | (行为与公司政策和价值观不符) |
[21:44] | I have got photos of the two of them licking it. | (他的合同被立即终止) |
[21:46] | I just thought it was the sweetest thing, | 我觉得这非常暖心 |
[21:48] | and maybe you could do a story about that on the news. | 也许你们能以此为素材写一条新闻 |
[21:51] | My number is 607-433-2– | 我的号码是6074332… |
[21:57] | It cut off. | 信号断了 |
[21:58] | I know, we just missed it. It was right there. | 我知道 就差一点 马上就说完了 |
[22:02] | You want me to pursue it? | 要我去追吗 |
[22:04] | It’s sort of gross. | 有点恶心 |
[22:05] | Two kids licking one candy cane. | 两个小孩舔一根糖果棒 |
[22:07] | Yeah, but you know, kids need germs, kinda bolster the immune system. | 是 但是小孩子需要细菌 能增强免疫系统 |
[22:11] | I say you track her down. | 我说你去把她找出来 |
[22:13] | It’s gonna be six months before we do another Christmas story. | 我们再播圣诞故事要等六个月后了 |
[22:15] | Actually, that’s not true around here, but you should track her down anyway. | 其实这里不是这样 但你还是应该把她找出来 |
[22:25] | Oh, my God. What are you doing here? | 天啊 你怎么来了 |
[22:27] | -Hi. -Hi. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[22:30] | I got done at the school and thought I’d swing by | 我学校的事忙完了 我想过来看看 |
[22:32] | and see my very successful producer boyfriend. | 我超级成功的制作人男友 |
[22:36] | Really? Where is he? | 是吗 他在哪 |
[22:37] | -I’ll tell him you’re here. -You’re funny. | -我去告诉他你来了 -真幽默 |
[22:39] | Well, I better be ’cause you’re not dating me for my looks. | 最好如此 因为你和我交往不是因为我帅 |
[22:41] | How we doing on the New Year’s plans? | 新年计划安排得如何了 |
[22:43] | -Are we good? -Yeah, you think you can get away? | -定下来了吗 -是 你能休假吗 |
[22:45] | I think so. This place runs itself. | 我觉得能 这地方不需要有人管 |
[22:50] | Hey. The phones aren’t working. | 嘿 电话全都坏了 |
[22:52] | Have you called the phone company? | 你给电话公司打电话了吗 |
[22:54] | The phones are out. | 电话都坏了 |
[22:56] | Cell phone? | 手机呢 |
[23:03] | It doesn’t like totally run itself. | 也不能算是完全不用人管 |
[23:05] | But turns out either it doesn’t matter, or I don’t care, | 但要么是事情不重要 要么是我不在乎 |
[23:10] | -or I just wanna be with you. -Yeah? | -要么是我只想和你在一起 -是吗 |
[23:12] | -Yeah. -Okay. | -是 -好 |
[23:15] | I’ll see you tomorrow then. | 那我们明天见 |
[23:16] | -Oh, yeah, you’ll see me tomorrow. -All right. Bye. | -好 明天见 -好 再见 |
[23:25] | Come on, baby. Oh, good boy. | 来吧 宝贝 乖狗狗 |
[23:39] | Did you read it already? | 你已经读过了 |
[23:40] | I just finished it. It’s really good. | 我刚刚读完 很好 |
[23:47] | So what’s not working for you? | 那么你觉得哪里不行 |
[23:49] | Jesus, Alex, I said it’s really good. | 天啊 艾丽克丝 我说很好 |
[23:52] | Yeah, okay, come on. | 好了 拜托 |
[23:53] | I know what “really good” means on feedback, okay? | 我知道反馈中的“很好” 是什么意思 好吗 |
[23:57] | It means “not great,” “you didn’t like it,” | 意思就是“不优秀”、“你不喜欢” |
[23:59] | “not out of the park,” what? Don’t bullshit me. | “不出色” 对不对 别骗我了 |
[24:01] | Let’s not go off the deep end here, okay? | 别激动 好吗 |
[24:03] | It’s really good. That’s not bullshit. | 真的很好 不是胡说 |
[24:06] | You have lived an amazing life. | 你的人生过得很精彩 |
[24:09] | You’ve brushed elbows with some of the most influential people on the planet. | 你曾和地球上最具影响力的人互动 |
[24:13] | You’ve carved out a place as a woman in that business | 作为一个女人 你在那个行业里立足的位置 |
[24:16] | that few have even come close to. | 是很少有人能及的 |
[24:19] | You started a UBA revolution. | 你发起了一场UBA电视网的革命 |
[24:22] | The events are all amazing. It’s raw, it’s real. | 那些事件都很精彩 都是真实的干货 |
[24:29] | S– So– So what’s wrong? | 那…问题在哪 |
[24:32] | I just think you need to go back and dig a little deeper in certain areas. | 我只是觉得你应该回过头 在某些地方写得更深入一些 |
[24:36] | Oh, my gosh! Come on. | 天啊 拜托 |
[24:40] | I talked about… | 我写了… |
[24:42] | my insecurities and my divorce and– I mean… | 我的不安全感、离婚以及… |
[24:46] | About Mitch. | 写关于米切的事 |
[24:53] | I’m not interested in talking about Mitch. | 我没兴趣写米切的事 |
[24:55] | People are gonna be buying it for that. | 人们会因为他的事买书的 |
[24:57] | Nothing against you, but that shit sells books. | 不是针对你 但他的事就是能让书热卖 |
[25:00] | And not only that, Alex, it’s an important piece of a movement. | 而且不仅如此 艾丽克丝 那也是运动中的一个重要因素 |
[25:05] | Yeah, I know. I know the fucking movement. | 是 我知道 我知道那该死的运动 |
[25:08] | I’ve destroyed my entire career over the movement. | 我因为那个运动彻底毁了自己的事业 |
[25:12] | Please don’t make me go back in there. Come on. | 请别强迫我回忆那些事 拜托 |
[25:14] | I’m saying this as a friend, Alex. | 我是以朋友的身份说这些 艾丽克丝 |
[25:16] | We don’t know what’s gonna be in Maggie’s book. | 我们不知道麦琪的书里会写什么 |
[25:21] | That sounds like you do know what’s gonna be in Maggie’s book. | 听起来你知道麦琪的书里会写什么 |
[25:24] | No, I don’t. | 不 我不知道 |
[25:25] | I know her editor, but she won’t tell me. | 我认识她的编辑 但她不告诉我 |
[25:28] | But whatever it is, | 但无论书里写了什么 |
[25:29] | this gives you the opportunity to go in there and respond | 这是你的机会 你可以回顾事件、做出回应 |
[25:32] | without looking like you’re responding. | 而不会显得你是在刻意回应 |
[25:34] | -To defend yourself. -Jesus! | -为自己辩护 -天啊 |
[25:36] | What am I defending myself about | 我有什么可为自己辩护的 |
[25:38] | that I didn’t already admit on national television? | 我不是都已经在全国电视上承认了吗 |
[25:40] | Alex, all I’m saying is, | 艾丽克丝 我只是说 |
[25:42] | if there is any history with Mitch, any personal history, | 如果你和米切之间有任何私交 |
[25:47] | this is your chance to put your own narrative on it. | 这是你从自己的角度来叙述此事的机会 |
[25:50] | Well, there isn’t! | 没私交 |
[25:55] | I’ll go back and look at the manuscript | 我会回去看看稿子 |
[25:58] | and see if I can dig up any salacious bits about Mitch. | 看能否挖出米切的情色轶事 |
[26:03] | Keep the sharks fed. | 让媒体有肉吃 |
[26:07] | Just think about what I’m saying, all right? You’ll get there. | 想想我说的话 好吗 你会明白的 |
[26:10] | Yeah, all right, Adelle. Thanks, bye. Bye. | 好 阿黛尔 谢谢 再见 |
[26:13] | Fucking Mitch. | 该死的米切 |
[26:14] | Mo– Mommy, you– | 妈 你… |
[26:16] | you gotta stop pressing the button, okay, Mommy? | 别再按那个键了 好吗 |
[26:20] | The ambulance is coming because you’re pressing the button, okay? | 救护车在路上了 因为你一直在按那个键 好吗 |
[26:23] | It doesn’t turn it off. | 再按也不会关闭的 |
[26:25] | But it– Ma, it’s not on until you press it. | 但是…妈 按了才开启的 |
[26:27] | I promise you, no one’s listening to your conversations | 我保证 没有人偷听你的对话 |
[26:30] | -through your Life Alert, okay? -Yanko? | -那是医疗警报热线 好吗 -杨科 |
[26:35] | Okay, bye, bye. | 好 再见 |
[26:37] | Oh, my God. So good to see you, Meredith. | 天啊 见到你真高兴 梅瑞狄斯 |
[26:40] | Oh, my God. It’s– It’s been a while, yeah. | 天啊 真是好久不见 是啊 |
[26:43] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[26:46] | -Have you heard anything from Claire? -Yeah. | -克莱尔有和你联系过吗 -有 |
[26:49] | -She’s studying for her GRE. -Oh, wow. She’s bouncing back. | -她在备考研究生入学考试 -哇 她正回归正轨 |
[26:53] | -That’s so good to hear that. -Yeah. | -听到这个真是太好了 -是 |
[26:55] | I think it was good for her to get away after all of that unpleasantness. | 我认为在经历了那些不愉快的事情之后 对她来说离开是件好事 |
[26:59] | Oh, yeah. No doubt. Yeah. | 是 毫无疑问 没错 |
[27:03] | -Well, good seeing you. -So great seeing you. | -见到你很高兴 -见到你很高兴 |
[27:07] | When I talk to her next, I’ll tell her that I ran into you. | 我下次和她聊天时会告诉她我碰到你了 |
[27:11] | Sure, sure. Yeah. Take care. | 当然…好 保重 |
[27:15] | Hey, Yanko. What’s the weather, man? | 嗨 杨科 天气如何 兄弟 |
[27:19] | Well the earth’s gonna crash into the sun, | 地球将会跟太阳碰撞 但是 |
[27:22] | but tomorrow night you’ll need a fucking sweater. | 明晚你得穿件毛衣 |
[27:28] | F– | 该… |
[27:36] | Shit. Oh, God. | 该死 天啊 |
[27:46] | Chopping wood. Alex. Hello. | 劈柴呢 艾丽克丝 你好 |
[27:52] | Cory Ellison? | 科里艾利森 |
[27:55] | What the fuck are you doing in Maine? | 你来缅因州做什么 |
[27:57] | Well, what the fuck are you doing in Maine? | 那你来缅因州做什么 |
[28:00] | You really do need something, huh? | 你真是有急需的东西啊 |
[28:04] | And I can’t imagine that it’s anything that I have to give. | 可我想不出我有什么能给你的 |
[28:07] | I need you to come back for a year. | 我要你回来一年 |
[28:12] | Bradley’s– She’s doing okay, but she’s not testing great, | 布莱德莉的表现不错 但她的测试分数不高 |
[28:15] | and we’re taking Eric for the evening news. | 我们要把埃里克调到晚间新闻去 |
[28:18] | Yeah. | 是 |
[28:21] | Wow. | 哇 |
[28:25] | Bradley upset? | 布莱德莉沮丧吗 |
[28:27] | Well, she will be. | 她会的 |
[28:29] | She will be. | 她会的 |
[28:30] | God, you know what? Same old UBA. | 天啊 真是的 还是UBA电视网的老一套 |
[28:33] | -You– You guys. -Alex, business is business. | -你们…这些人啊 -艾丽克丝 公事公办 |
[28:35] | Those things don’t change. | 那是不会变的 |
[28:36] | My job is to ensure the stability of UBA. I do what I have to do. | 我的工作是确保UBA电视网的稳定 我得做我必须做的事 |
[28:40] | Just to be clear, | 我把话说清楚 |
[28:41] | I’m not talking about coming back the same as before. | 我说的不是回到和从前一样 |
[28:43] | I am talking about a whole new deal. | 而是一份全新的合同 |
[28:46] | You partner with the network. | 你会成为电视网的合伙人 |
[28:48] | You become a powerful voice in the rebuilding | 你会成为一个有分量的声音 重新建立 |
[28:50] | and the rebranding of a– a toxic empire that– | 并重新打造这个有毒的帝国的品牌 |
[28:52] | It– It’s gonna rise. | 它会崛起的 |
[28:54] | It’s gonna rise from the ashes like– like Venus out of the clamshell. | 它会从灰烬中重生 就像维纳斯从蚌壳里出来一样 |
[28:57] | And you are Venus. | 而你就是维纳斯 |
[29:03] | I need you. | 我需要你 |
[29:05] | UBA needs you. | UBA电视网需要你 |
[29:11] | You were all we ever needed, and we were too stupid to realize it. | 你是我们唯一需要的人 我们之前太蠢 没有意识到 |
[29:16] | Please come back to us, Alex. | 请回来吧 艾丽克丝 |
[29:20] | You are the only thing that can save us. | 你是唯一能救我们的人 |
[29:31] | I agree with every single thing you just said. | 你刚才说的话我全都赞同 |
[29:35] | Every single thing you just said. | 你刚说的每一件事 |
[29:38] | I j– I can’t come back. | 只是我不能回去 |
[29:40] | Not e– Even if I wanted to come back, I just couldn’t. | 即使我想回去我也不能 |
[29:43] | I-I– I would look flaky. | 我…会显得不可靠 |
[29:46] | -W-Wishy-washy. -No, no, no, no. | -优柔寡断 -不… |
[29:47] | When your new deal got announced, you would look smart as fuck. | 当我们宣布你的新合同时 你就会显得非常明智 |
[29:57] | I don’t want to. | 我不愿意 |
[29:59] | I don’t want to. I’m done. I’m done. | 我不愿意 我受够了… |
[30:02] | You know what, Cory– I think it’s– I think you better go. | 我跟你说 科里 我觉得你还是走吧 |
[30:05] | I mean, you’re not a horrible person. | 你不是个坏人 |
[30:07] | I thoroughly enjoy you. | 我很欣赏你 |
[30:10] | I mean, maybe you are actually a horrible person, but– | 也许你其实是个坏人 但… |
[30:13] | but I– I– I still find you entertaining. | 但我还是觉得你很有意思 |
[30:15] | You’re a little– You’re a little crazy. | 你有一点…疯狂 |
[30:17] | And it… it scares me. | 这…让我害怕 |
[30:23] | Look, I don’t wanna harass you. | 听着 我不想骚扰你 |
[30:26] | Okay. | 好 |
[30:27] | I’ve said my piece. | 我的话都说完了 |
[30:28] | I’m begging you to come back to me, Alex Levy, on bended knee. | 我求你回来 艾丽克丝利维 算我跪下求你了 |
[30:32] | And if you do, I will support this union at all cost. | 如果你回来 我会不惜一切代价支持这次合作 |
[30:35] | You will be my first priority, always. You have my word. | 你永远都是我的第一优先 我保证 |
[30:40] | I’m not coming back. I’m really happy. | 我不会回去 我现在很快乐 |
[30:43] | Okay, I’m just asking you to think about it. | 好吧 请你考虑一下 |
[30:44] | -I don’t wanna think about it. -You can tell me tomorrow. | -我不想考虑 -你可以明天再答复我 |
[30:47] | -Think about it for a day. -I’m telling you no now. | -考虑一天 -我现在就拒绝你 |
[30:49] | I don’t want it. | 我不愿意 |
[30:50] | I hate it. | 我恨这份工作 |
[30:52] | I would rather die than go back there, okay? | 我宁可死也不愿回去 好吗 |
[30:55] | Well, think about it. | 考虑一下吧 |
[31:06] | Oh, no, Yanko. | 不 杨科 |
[31:07] | Twitter user Simplybarnaby has taken issue with your weather report, | 推特用户Simplybarnaby 不赞同你的天气预报 |
[31:10] | -I’m afraid to say. -Oh, my God. | -恐怕是这样 -天啊 |
[31:12] | He said, and I will quote him, | 我引用一下他的原话 |
[31:13] | “@yankofloresuba owes me $500.” | “@yankofloresuba欠我500美元” |
[31:17] | “No rain in the Pacific Northwest? Well, tell that to my suede Ferragamo loafers.” | “太平洋西北地区没有降雨 跟我的菲拉格慕麂皮乐福鞋说吧” |
[31:21] | I am sorry about the shoes, Barnaby, | 鞋子的事我很抱歉 Barnaby |
[31:23] | but I think you need to take this one up with the spirit upstairs. | 但我觉得这件事你得和天上那位讨论 |
[31:25] | Oh, so is that where Barnaby should send the bill? | 所以Barnaby得把账单寄给那位 |
[31:27] | Well, he’s definitely got deeper pockets. | 他肯定很有钱 |
[31:29] | You take your life in your hands when you leave the house with suede loafers. | 穿麂皮乐福鞋出门就是在冒生命危险 |
[31:31] | Hey, Mia, you still need to approve the year-end clip package for tonight. | 嘿 米娅 你还得批准一下 今晚要用的年末视频素材包 |
[31:34] | Right– Donny, take it. | 对 唐尼 接手一下 |
[31:36] | -Where we going? -Joel’s in the bullpen. | -我们去哪 -乔尔在办公区 |
[31:38] | And remember you have a one o’clock and you have a two o’clock. | 提醒你一下 你1点和2点都有约 |
[31:41] | -What’s my two o’clock? -Your favorite head of news. | -2点约了谁 -你最喜欢的新闻部主管 |
[31:43] | -Hey, Joel. -Hey, Mia. | -嗨 乔尔 -嗨 米娅 |
[31:44] | Can you weigh in on stories for tomorrow? | 你能帮我挑一下明天的报道吗 |
[31:46] | -I– -It’ll only take a second. Pick two: | -我… -很快的 选两个 |
[31:48] | “Pakistan issues health ID cards to trans people to reduce discrimination.” | “巴基斯坦向变性人 签发健康身份证以减少歧视” |
[31:52] | “China investigates respiratory illness outbreak, sickening 27.” | “中国调查呼吸系统疾病爆发 已有27人感染” |
[31:55] | And, “Eighty people in the Bahamas tested positive for tuberculosis | 还有“巴哈马飓风后 在风暴避难所避难的80人 |
[31:58] | in storm shelters after the hurricane.” | 肺结核检测呈阳性” |
[32:00] | -Pakistan, Bahamas. -Thank you. | -巴基斯坦、巴哈马 -谢谢 |
[32:01] | -Walk with me. Rena, are you good? -Yeah, I’m just walking. For two. | -跟我走 蕾娜 你还好吗 -很好 只是走走 一人走两人的 |
[32:04] | Joel, give me what you got for the year-end review, quick. | 乔尔 把你现有的年终回顾给我 快 |
[32:07] | Okay. Mueller Report. Perfect Ukraine call. | 好 穆勒报告 完美乌克兰通话 |
[32:10] | Impeachment– | 弹劾… |
[32:12] | Stick to the Trump highlights or that thing is gonna be four hours. | 特朗普的事只挑最重要的 否则回顾会长达四小时 |
[32:14] | -Non-Trump? -College admission scandal. | -和特朗普无关的呢 -大学录取丑闻 |
[32:17] | Brexit. | 英国脱欧 |
[32:18] | Notre-Dame burned down, Australia burned down, the Amazon burned– | 巴黎圣母院失火 澳大利亚丛林大火、亚马逊雨林火… |
[32:22] | Stop. Let’s give the people some hope. | 停 给人们点希望吧 |
[32:25] | Let’s give me some hope. Did anything good happen? | 给我点希望吧 有发生什么好事吗 |
[32:27] | The US won the Women’s World Cup. | 美国队赢得了女子世界杯 |
[32:30] | -Jesus, 2019 sucked! -Hey. | -天啊 2019年真是糟透了 -嘿 |
[32:34] | I really don’t wanna be this person, | 我很不想当问这个问题的人 |
[32:36] | but do we need to include ourselves in a packet about 2019? | 但我们要不要 在2019年回顾中把自己的事写进去 |
[32:39] | Yeah, let’s include Alex and Bradley’s moment. | 要 把艾丽克丝和布莱德莉那件事写进去 |
[32:42] | Choose that clip wisely. | 选择视频时聪明点 |
[32:43] | Play it as a triumphant send-off to our departing hero, Alex Levy. | 把它包装成 胜利告别离职英雄艾丽克丝利维的样子 |
[32:47] | No Mitch. At all. | 绝对不能提及米切 |
[32:49] | And what about the Hannah of it? | 那涉及到汉娜的部分怎么办 |
[32:54] | Dedicate the broadcast to Hannah. | 将此次播出献给汉娜 |
[32:58] | Archie was born this year, the royal baby. That’s optimistic. | 阿奇今年出生了 那个王室婴儿 这是个好消息 |
[33:02] | -Babies are great! Yeah. -Right? | -婴儿都是好消息 是 -对吧 |
[33:08] | Oh, hey. What are you still doing here? | 嗨 你怎么还在这里 |
[33:10] | -You should be at home taking a nap. -Yeah, I will. I will. | -你应该在家小睡的 -是 我会的… |
[33:13] | It’s gonna be a long night. Get some rest. | 今晚会很辛苦 去休息一下吧 |
[33:14] | Hey, Mia, I’ve just been thinking, taking stock. | 嘿 米娅 我最近在想 认真考虑 |
[33:17] | And I realize sometimes I can be difficult, | 我意识到自己有时很难相处 |
[33:21] | but you have always looked out for me. | 但你一直在帮助我 |
[33:23] | And even when we were dealing with some crazy shit. | 即使在我们处理一些极不寻常的事时 |
[33:26] | And if I– If I wasn’t grateful enough, | 如果我之前没有表达足够的谢意 |
[33:28] | I just wanna let you know that I– I am really grateful. | 我想告诉你 我非常感激 |
[33:32] | And I just wanna say thank you. | 我想对你说声谢谢 |
[33:39] | I think he’s the right call. | 我觉得他是正确人选 |
[33:40] | He does well with our old and young demos, | 他和我们的年轻人、老人 |
[33:42] | men and women, and non-gender conforming people. | 男人、女人和非常规性别人士都合得来 |
[33:44] | Yeah, Aaron is great. | 是 艾伦很不错 |
[33:45] | I don’t know if he’ll be enough to move the needle with the press. | 我不知道他能不能改变媒体的看法 |
[33:47] | No, but you’re not gonna have any issues with him | 不能 但他不会出问题 |
[33:49] | like we’ve had with some of our other talent, you know? | 比如之前发生在 我们某些其他人才身上的那些问题 |
[33:51] | Aaron’s solid. | 艾伦很可靠 |
[33:53] | Let’s hope so. | 希望如此 |
[33:55] | We close down again today. | 我们今天又没进展 |
[33:58] | But, hey, let me know before we announce officially? | 但是 嘿 正式宣布前告诉我好吗 |
[34:01] | Okay, why? ‘Cause Bradley still doesn’t know? | 好 为什么 布莱德莉还不知道 |
[34:03] | Yeah, mostly that. I’m gonna tell her after the broadcast tonight, | 对 主要是因为这个 我会在今晚播出后告诉她 |
[34:06] | so hold off any press until after I’ve told her. | 所以直到我告诉她前 要避免任何媒体报道 |
[34:08] | Okay. | 好 |
[34:32] | Check, check. | 测试… |
[34:34] | Okay. All right, okay. Great. Thank you. | 好…很好 谢谢 |
[34:38] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:51] | This is crazy. It’s so huge. | 真疯狂、真盛大 |
[34:54] | I mean, it looks huge when you see it on TV from home, | 从家里的电视上看就很盛大 |
[34:56] | but when you’re in the middle, | 但当你身临其境 |
[34:58] | it feels like this huge responsibility that everybody has fun. | 就能感觉到要让所有人开心的重大责任 |
[35:01] | -Do you think we’re gonna make it fun? -I know I will. | -你觉得我们能让大家开心吗 -我知道我能 |
[35:04] | I don’t know about you. | 不知道你怎么样 |
[35:05] | -You are just something else. -I’m gonna make it fun. | -你真厉害 -我会让这场活动有趣 |
[35:07] | Hey, I’ve got a little something here, and I want to make a toast. | 嘿 我这里有一点壶中物 我想敬一杯酒 |
[35:11] | -Okay. -To you. | -好 -敬你 |
[35:12] | Uh-oh. | 不好了 |
[35:13] | Because you came in at a really difficult time | 因为你出现在一个非常艰难的时期 |
[35:15] | and you just really pulled me through it. | 帮助我挺了过去 |
[35:18] | You’ve been, sincerely, an amazing partner, | 真的 你是一个很棒的搭档 |
[35:21] | and I just– I just wanna thank you. | 我想谢谢你 |
[35:26] | Means a lot. Honestly. And you’ve been a great partner too. | 你这些话对我意义重大 真的 你也是一个很好的搭档 |
[35:31] | -Well, here’s to the year ahead for us. -All right. | -为明年干杯 -好 |
[35:36] | -I got to? -Yeah. Go, go, go. | -我也要喝 -是啊 喝… |
[35:39] | -Quick. -When in Rome. | -快 -入乡随俗 |
[35:40] | Okay, we’re back in seven seconds. Good show, everybody. | 好 七秒后恢复直播 大家做得不错 |
[35:42] | Five, four, three. | 五、四、三 |
[35:44] | Camera two, get the both of them, two-shot. | 二号机 拍他们两个人同框的画面 |
[35:47] | Onward and upward. | 勇往直前 |
[35:48] | It’s December 31st, New Year’s Eve, | 今天是12月31日 新年前夜 |
[35:51] | and all eyes are on Times Square in New York City | 纽约的时代广场成了万众瞩目的焦点 |
[35:54] | as Baby New Year is starting to crown. | 新的一年就要到来了 |
[35:56] | But we have got a lot of fun in store for you before the ball drops | 但在零点的水晶球落下之前 我们为大家准备了很多欢乐 |
[36:00] | and 2019 gives way to 2020. | 一起送别2019年 迎接2020年 |
[36:03] | The excitement here is so thick you can hang your laundry on it. | 现场是一片欢乐的海洋 气氛浓得简直触手可及 |
[36:07] | And why are we so excited, Bradley? Who are we gonna be seeing tonight? | 布莱德莉 我们为什么这么兴奋 我们今晚能看到谁 |
[36:10] | Well, we got performances by Drake, Ariana Grande, | 参加表演的有德雷克、爱莉安娜格兰德 |
[36:14] | and the Radio City Rockettes. And that’s just the beginning! | 和火箭舞蹈天团 这才仅仅是开场 |
[36:17] | We’ll be checking in throughout the night with Daniel Henderson and Alison Namazi | 我们今晚会与以下人物连线 他们是丹尼尔亨德森和艾莉森纳马齐 |
[36:21] | down on Bourbon Street, New Orleans. | 在新奥尔良的波本街 |
[36:23] | Ty Fitzgerald at the Hollywood & Highland complex | 泰菲茨杰拉德在好莱坞高地娱乐广场 |
[36:26] | in Los Angeles. | 位于洛杉矶 |
[36:27] | Yanko Flores is gonna be down in the streets, | 杨科弗洛雷斯会在大街上 |
[36:30] | and Penn & Teller from the strip in Las Vegas. | 魔术师潘和泰勒在拉斯维加斯赌城大道 |
[36:32] | So get ready. Figure out who you’re gonna kiss. | 做好准备 想好要亲吻谁 |
[36:34] | Because we’ve got four hours until the ball goes down. | 因为距离水晶球落下还有四小时 |
[36:53] | -Thank you. -You’re welcome. | -谢谢 -不客气 |
[36:59] | Oh, God. | 天啊 |
[37:02] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[37:13] | Hi. How are you? Hello. | 嗨 你好吗 你好 |
[37:17] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[37:18] | Is that her? | 那是她吗 |
[37:22] | She showed up. | 她来了 |
[37:24] | Oh, my God. It’s Alex Levy. | 天啊 是艾丽克丝利维 |
[37:26] | Oh, my God. It’s Alex. Hi. | 天啊 是艾丽克丝 嗨 |
[37:27] | Hi. Hello. | 嗨 你好 |
[37:30] | Hi. | 嗨 |
[37:32] | Alex? | 艾丽克丝 |
[37:33] | -Hello. -I thought you were gonna be in New York. | -你好 -我以为你会在纽约的 |
[37:36] | I know, I had a change of plans. | 是啊 计划有变 |
[37:38] | Lizzy ended up having a party tonight at the place, | 莉兹今晚要在家里开派对 |
[37:40] | and I just didn’t wanna be the lone mom at a prep school party. | 我不想是预科学校派对上唯一的妈妈 |
[37:44] | -I’m so glad you’re here. -Me too. | -我很高兴你来了 -我也是 |
[37:46] | A lot of the people you know from the book readings are here. | 你在读书会上认识的很多人都在这里 |
[37:49] | -Yes! Oh, hi. -Yes. | -是的 嗨 -是的 |
[37:50] | -Oh, also, Sylvia Portman is here. -Yes. | -还有 西尔维娅波特曼也在 -是 |
[37:54] | -Sylvia– Yes. -The psychic. | -西尔维娅…是 -那个通灵师 |
[37:56] | -Right. -Her new book’s coming out. | -对 -她的书要出版了 |
[37:58] | -She’s doing a signing at the shop. -Good. | -她要在书店里办签售活动 -好 |
[37:59] | -She is doing readings for everybody. -Really? | -她要为所有人算命 -是吗 |
[38:02] | -Sure she’d give you one if you’d like. -Oh, fun. | -如果你愿意 她一定会帮你算一卦 -有趣 |
[38:04] | -Let’s get you a drink. -Yes. | -给你拿点喝的吧 -好 |
[38:18] | What are we looking at here, Frank? | 弗兰克 还要多久 |
[38:19] | I’d say maybe a half hour at this rate, | 照这速度 大概还要半小时 |
[38:21] | -but it’s just a guess. -Got it. | -但仅仅是我的猜测 -明白了 |
[38:24] | -Just sometime this year would be great. -Yes, sir. | -今年内能到就好 -是 先生 |
[39:04] | This is Alex. | 我是艾丽克丝 |
[39:05] | Please leave a message. | 请留言 |
[39:09] | So there’s this poem. | 有一首诗 |
[39:15] | Okay. All right. | 好 好了 |
[39:20] | Your parents have passed on? | 你的父母去世了 |
[39:21] | Not that I’m aware of. Should I give ’em a call? | 据我所知没有 要不要给他们打个电话 |
[39:29] | -Well, you have a child. -I do. | -你有个孩子 -是的 |
[39:32] | A son? | 儿子 |
[39:34] | No, but I’ll give you another guess. | 不是 但我可以让你再猜一次 |
[39:39] | I know y’all are having fun, | 我知道大家都很开心 |
[39:41] | but New Year’s Eve is just getting good. | 但新年前夜才刚开始变得精彩呢 |
[39:44] | Ladies and gentlemen, Lauren Alaina. | 女士们、先生们 有请劳伦阿拉纳 |
[39:50] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[39:52] | Put your hands together. | 大家来拍手 |
[39:53] | Hey, slow down there. You got anything for me? | 嘿 喝慢点 给我留了点吗 |
[39:57] | Don’t be crazy now. I know how much is in there. | 别喝太多 我知道还剩多少 |
[40:02] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[40:03] | This is unreal. I mean, | 真是难以置信 |
[40:05] | if I told my ten-year-old hot-mess self that this is what I’d be doing, | 如果我对十岁时一团糟的自己说 这将会是我的工作 |
[40:08] | she would’ve never believed me. | 她一定不相信我 |
[40:10] | But it’s so fun. I’m so glad I’m doing it with you too. | 但真的好有趣 和你搭档我也很高兴 |
[40:13] | Isn’t this magical? | 多好啊 不是吗 |
[40:14] | Bradley, I gotta tell you something. | 布莱德莉 我得告诉你一件事 |
[40:16] | -Okay. -Look, I’m not supposed to tell you this, | -好 -听着 我不该说的 |
[40:18] | but I just don’t feel right keeping it from you. | 但我觉得瞒着你是不对的 |
[40:21] | You all right? | 你还好吗 |
[40:22] | And you’re gonna find out soon, anyway. | 反正你很快就会知道了 |
[40:25] | I’m leaving the show. | 我要离开节目了 |
[40:29] | Wait, are– Did they fire you? | 等等 他们把你炒掉了 |
[40:33] | -Look, I’ll talk to Mia. -No, no, no, that’s not it. | -听着 我去找米娅谈 -不…不是那样 |
[40:36] | They offered me evening news. | 他们让我去晚间新闻 |
[40:48] | Does everybody know? | 大家都知道吗 |
[40:50] | Yeah. | 是 |
[40:53] | I’m really sorry. | 我很遗憾 |
[41:03] | Well, this card shows a young man who is or will be very important in your life. | 这张牌说有一位年轻男子 现在或将来是你生命中非常重要的人 |
[41:09] | Ooh, gosh. No one that I’m aware of. | 天啊 我不知道那是谁 |
[41:12] | But you are in a serious relationship? | 但你在一段严肃的感情关系中 |
[41:16] | No, I’m– I’m not. | 不 我不在 |
[41:18] | You know, sometimes you have to be willing to just dig around a little deeper | 有时你必须愿意深入挖掘 |
[41:23] | to let the cards reveal what they’re trying to tell you. | 才能让卡牌显示想要告诉你的事 |
[41:28] | But, wait, I thought that was your job. | 但是等等 我以为那是你的工作 |
[41:34] | -I don’t wanna scare you. -I’m pretty sure that’s impossible. | -我不想吓到你 -我很确定那是不可能的 |
[41:40] | Well, I know you don’t believe in what I’m doing. | 我知道你不相信我做的这行 |
[41:42] | I kind of think you’re right. | 我觉得你说得对 |
[41:45] | I mean no disrespect. | 我没有不敬的意思 |
[41:46] | You know what? Let’s just shake hands | 这样吧 我们来握个手 |
[41:49] | -and call it a night. -Okay. | -今晚就到这里吧 -好 |
[41:50] | -That was fun. -That was fun. | -今晚很有趣 -今晚很有趣 |
[41:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[41:53] | To be honest, Alex, I feel a lot of resistance in you. | 说实话 艾丽克丝 我觉得你有很强的抵触情绪 |
[41:59] | What do you mean resistance? What am– What am I resisting? | 抵触情绪是什么意思 我在抵触什么 |
[42:03] | I came for a drink, to see my neighbors, have some good cheer, | 我是来喝酒、看邻居、享受氛围的 |
[42:07] | what the fuck am I resisting? | 我到底在抵触什么 |
[42:10] | You are carrying around a paralyzing amount of guilt. | 你肩负着极其沉重的负罪感 |
[42:23] | No, I’m not. | 我没有 |
[42:25] | Is that what you’re running away from? | 这就是你在逃避的东西吗 |
[42:32] | I’m not running away from anything. | 我没有逃避任何东西 |
[42:46] | -Hey. -Hey. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[42:47] | -Have you seen him? -Seen who? | -你看见他了吗 -看见谁 |
[42:48] | Tell him I’m looking for him. | 告诉他我在找他 |
[42:57] | Hey. It’s going great so far. | 嗨 到目前为止都很精彩 |
[43:00] | You’re killing it. | 你表现很棒 |
[43:01] | How about I take you out for a celebratory drink afterward? | 结束后我带你去喝杯庆功酒如何 |
[43:04] | What happened to you? | 你怎么了 |
[43:06] | Well, a miracle named Bradley Jackson walked into my life? | 一位叫布莱德莉杰克森的奇迹 闯入了我的生活 |
[43:09] | No, no, no. I mean, like, w– Who the fuck are you? | 不…我是说…你到底是谁啊 |
[43:13] | Because you’re not the same person that I thought you were | 因为你已经不是艾丽克丝那些事发生时 |
[43:15] | when all the Alex shit went down. | 我心中的那个人了 |
[43:17] | What’s going on, Bradley? | 布莱德莉 你怎么了 |
[43:18] | -What’s going on? -You lied to me. | -怎么了 -你骗了我 |
[43:19] | You put Eric in the evening news. | 你让埃里克去了晚间新闻 |
[43:21] | And apparently, everybody here knows that except for me. | 而且显然这里除我之外所有人都知道 |
[43:24] | Seriously? What the fuck, Cory? | 你是认真的吗 搞什么鬼 科里 |
[43:29] | You’re just gonna have to trust | 你必须相信 |
[43:30] | -that I have your best interests in mind. -My best interests in mind? | -我完全是为你着想 -为我着想 |
[43:33] | If you had my best interests in mind, you would’ve told me the truth. | 若是为我着想 你就会告诉我真相 |
[43:35] | Goddamn it, I’m doing the best that I can here. Okay? | 该死的 我已经尽力了 好吗 |
[43:37] | -This job is hard. -Oh, really? | -这份工作很难 -是吗 |
[43:41] | -Everybody’s job is fucking hard. -It doesn’t seem that way to you | -人人的工作都很难 -似乎在你眼中并非如此 |
[43:43] | because I walk in and out of a room grinning like a Cheshire Cat. | 因为我每天进出办公室 笑得像一只柴郡猫 |
[43:45] | But it is fucking hard, ’cause when I took over, | 但真的很难 因为我接手时 |
[43:47] | they didn’t give me the keys to a new car, | 他们没有给我一把新车的钥匙 |
[43:49] | they gave me a raft that’s so riddled with holes, | 而是给了我一艘千疮百孔的小筏子 |
[43:51] | and is so crudely patched over and over a– | 经过反复、粗糙地修补 |
[43:52] | There’s not even a raft left. | 甚至算不上是一艘筏子了 |
[43:54] | It’s just a million patches, held together by a million more. | 只是一堆又一堆的补丁相互叠加 |
[43:57] | And I know you know how that is because you’re the patch | 我知道你是了解情况的 因为你就是一块补丁 |
[43:59] | that holds together another patch every morning at 7:00 a.m. | 每天早上7点修补着另一块补丁 |
[44:02] | And I am trying to conjure Noah’s Ark out of thin air. | 而我在努力试图凭空变出一艘诺亚方舟 |
[44:07] | And I– Frankly, I think I’m doing a pretty decent job of it, | 我…说实话 我觉得我做得还不错 |
[44:09] | -all things considered. -Are you? Really? | -考虑到所有因素 -是吗 真的 |
[44:11] | Actually, a pretty great job of it. And I had hoped, frankly, you and I? | 其实是做得非常出色 说实话 我抱有希望 你和我 |
[44:14] | We would be able to walk on together, two by two. | 我们能够携手共进 |
[44:16] | Is this the part where I’m supposed to thank you | 我此时是不是应该感谢你 |
[44:18] | for saving me from some sort of flood? | 拯救我不被某种洪水淹没 |
[44:21] | Because you only have this job because of me. | 因为你能有这份工作全是因为我 |
[44:26] | Man, you’re just so certain you know how the world works, huh? | 天啊 你如此确信 自己清楚这个世界的运作机制 |
[44:28] | You know, most people in the world don’t give a fuck about anybody else. | 要知道 世上大部分人根本不在乎其他人 |
[44:31] | They don’t care if you live or die. I’m not talking about you personally. | 他们不在乎你的死活 我不是说你个人 |
[44:34] | Most people don’t care if anybody lives or dies | 大部分人不在乎任何人的死活 |
[44:36] | who doesn’t answer to the name of “me.” | 除了他们自己之外 |
[44:38] | But you, you seem to think somehow that your friends, your fucking friends, | 可你呢 你似乎认为你那些该死的朋友 |
[44:43] | and I am counting me here, | 算我在内 |
[44:44] | -are somehow out to get you. -Oh, oh, let me clarify. | -不知怎的 都想要伤害你 -让我澄清一下 |
[44:47] | You are not my friend. | 你不是我的朋友 |
[44:48] | You could’ve been my friend, but that did not happen. | 你本可以成为我的朋友 但是没有 |
[44:51] | And I am so glad it did not. | 我对此真是谢天谢地了 |
[44:53] | Because all you had to do was be honest with me. | 因为你只要做到对我诚实这一点就够了 |
[44:57] | But it turns out you’re just the weasel that everybody said you were. | 但事实证明 你就是大家说的那个骗子 |
[44:59] | It’s just never occurred to you that I obviously, obviously, obviously | 你就从来没想过 这是多么显而易见 |
[45:03] | can’t tell you everything | 我不能告诉你一切 |
[45:04] | ’cause you’re so obsessed with telling the truth, | 因为你对说出真相如此痴迷 |
[45:06] | I can’t be sure any secret is safe with you. | 让我无法确定你是否能保守秘密 |
[45:09] | And also, by the way– | 还有 顺便一提… |
[45:10] | -So this is my fault? -Pretty much. | -所以怪我了 -差不多 |
[45:12] | ‘Cause I also can’t tell you how people feel about you | 因为我还不能告诉你别人对你的看法 |
[45:14] | ’cause your ego is too damn fragile | 因为你的自尊心太脆弱 |
[45:15] | to be able to process the information into something constructive. | 无法将这些信息视为有建设性的建议 |
[45:19] | -Go to hell. -There you go, proving my point. | -你去死 -来了 证实了我的观点 |
[45:20] | -I told you the truth, proved my point. -You know what? | -我告诉你真相 证实了我的观点 -我告诉你 |
[45:23] | Fuck you. My ball’s about to drop. | 你去死 水晶球快要落下了 |
[45:38] | Come on, man. | 拜托 |
[45:42] | Fuck it. | 去它的吧 |
[45:46] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[45:49] | Jesus. | 天啊 |
[46:02] | Oh, shit. | 该死 |
[46:14] | There’s this poem that I’ve been thinking of. | 我一直在想一首诗 |
[46:17] | I had to take a test on when I was in school. | 我上学时还考过这首诗 |
[46:19] | Most of it doesn’t really apply. | 诗的大部分内容不适用 |
[46:20] | It’s about the death of this guy’s best friend and he’s missing him. | 它是关于一个人很想念他死去的挚友 |
[46:23] | But there– there’s this one line. | 但是有一句诗 |
[46:25] | It keeps rattling around in my head. | 一直在我脑海中挥之不去 |
[46:26] | One line that specifically– It reminds me of you, right now. | 就是那一句 让我现在想起了你 |
[46:31] | “Fame is no plant that grows on mortal soil.” | “名望不是生长在凡间土壤上的植物” |
[46:36] | You are not mortal soil. | 你不是凡间土壤 |
[46:38] | Whether you like it or not. | 无论你是否喜欢 |
[46:40] | And you can’t just throw away non-mortal soil. That’s a sin. | 你不能把非凡间的土壤扔掉 那是一种罪 |
[46:43] | And, I know, you think you’re meant to slow down. | 我知道 你想在事业上放慢脚步 |
[46:46] | I don’t think that’s right. | 我觉得那是不对的 |
[46:48] | You have yet to do your greatest work. | 你还没有达到事业的巅峰 |
[46:53] | That non-mortal soil’s more fertile than it’s ever been. | 这片非凡间的土壤现在空前肥沃 |
[46:55] | I believe that, Alex. | 我相信这点 艾丽克丝 |
[46:56] | And somewhere inside yourself, I think you believe that. | 而在你的内心深处 你对此也深信不疑 |
[47:02] | So, if I am right, | 所以如果我说得对 |
[47:04] | I need you to call me back in the next hour and tell me you agree. | 你一定要在一小时内给我回电 告诉我你同意了 |
[47:09] | And if I’m wrong, | 如果我说错了 |
[47:12] | well, go and have a drink and a laugh at my expense | 那就去喝一杯 嘲笑我的愚蠢 |
[47:14] | and enjoy your new year. | 好好过新年 |
[47:23] | And here it is, the great countdown! Count with us. | 最后的倒计时开始了 和我们一起倒数吧 |
[47:27] | -60 -59 -Sixty. -Fifty-nine. | |
[47:29] | 58 Fifty-eight. | |
[47:30] | -57 -56 -Fifty-seven. -Fifty-six. | |
[47:33] | 55 Fifty-five. | |
[47:34] | Yanko, what are you doing there, man? | 杨科 你在那边做什么 |
[47:38] | -He’s counting. -He’s counting down there? Okay. | -他在倒数 -他在那边倒数 好吧 |
[47:40] | All right, I hope he’s not bothering you. | 好 希望他没有打扰到你 |
[47:42] | Alex? | 艾丽克丝 |
[47:44] | -Hi. Hi. -Hi. Did you get my message? | -嗨… -嗨 你收到我的留言了吗 |
[47:48] | I did. | 收到了 |
[47:50] | -And? -And? | -然后呢 -然后呢 |
[47:53] | It was really nice. | 说得很好 |
[47:54] | You okay? | 你还好吗 |
[47:59] | -I’m g– I’m great. -Okay, listen. | -我很好 -好 听着 |
[48:02] | You know we wanna be in the Alex Levy business | 我们想把艾丽克丝利维请回来 |
[48:04] | no matter what, Alex. | 不惜一切代价 |
[48:05] | And I know you got a million problems that are more important than mine. | 我知道与我的问题相比 你有无数更加重要的问题 |
[48:08] | Our deal fell through on Eric’s replacement. | 替换埃里克的事没谈拢 |
[48:11] | We’re in a hell of a bind. | 我们现在陷入了困境 |
[48:12] | You’ve done The Morning Show, you’ve graduated. | 你从《The Morning Show》毕业了 |
[48:14] | You’ve earned the right to move on. | 你赢得了过新生活的权利 |
[48:16] | Could you please… | 我请求你… |
[48:20] | come back and fill in… | 暂时回来顶一下 |
[48:23] | until you’re ready to launch your new prime-time show? | 直到你做好准备 推出你自己的黄金时段新节目 |
[48:35] | Okay, listen, Cory? Let’s talk tomorrow, okay? | 好 听着 科里 我们明天谈谈吧 好吗 |
[48:38] | I will call you tomorrow. Alex, you won’t be sorry. | 我明天打给你 艾丽克丝 你不会后悔的 |
[48:46] | Cory, can I trust you? | 科里 我能相信你吗 |
[48:48] | Six. | 六 |
[48:49] | Five. Four. | 五、四 |
[48:52] | -Three. -Yes. | -三 -能 |
[48:53] | Two. One. | 二、一 |
[48:56] | Happy New Year! | 新年快乐 |
[51:04] | Hey, what’s up? | 嗨 你好吗 |
[51:06] | Kill the deal with Aaron. I’ll explain tomorrow. | 取消和艾伦的合约 我明天会解释的 |
[51:09] | It’s a new year, Stella. Things are looking up. | 新的一年开始了 斯黛拉 情况会好转的 |
[51:30] | Fuck! | 该死 |