时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:45] | But if this is the last time | 但如果这是最后一次 |
[01:51] | Make up your mind | 下定决心吧 |
[01:55] | I’ve waited a lifetime to live | 为了活得精彩 等了一生 |
[01:58] | Camera 3, give me Lizzy. Taking camera 3. | 三号机 拍莉兹 切到三号机 |
[02:01] | Donny, I need a wide. Get a wide camera. Wide shot. | 唐尼 我要个全景 来个全景 全景镜头 |
[02:04] | I’m making a fire | 我在点燃烈火 |
[02:11] | -Where should I put the coffee? -Wait, where is Brett? Coff– What? | -咖啡要放哪里 -等等 布莱特在哪 咖…什么 |
[02:14] | Chip said I should ask you where to put it. | 奇普说我应该问你咖啡放哪 |
[02:16] | I know a place we can start | 我知道一个我们可以开始的地方 |
[02:23] | But if this is the last time | 但如果这是最后一次 |
[02:28] | Make up your mind | 下定决心吧 |
[02:30] | Congratulations on everything, Stella. Getting Alex back was masterful. | 这一切都要恭喜你啊 斯黛拉 能令艾丽克丝成功回归真是手段高明 |
[02:35] | I’ve waited a lifetime to live | 为了活得精彩 等了一生 |
[02:36] | -Ratings last night… -Yes, hell of an interview. | -昨晚的收视率… -是 采访很精彩 |
[02:38] | Thanks so much, Gerald. | 多谢 杰拉德 |
[02:40] | It’s time to ignite I’m making a fire | 点火时间到 我在点燃烈火 |
[02:56] | -What– Go up there? Oh, Jesus. God. -Go up and talk to Dave. | -什么…上台去 我的天啊 -上去和戴夫聊聊 |
[02:59] | Oh, my gosh, you guys. The Foo Fighters. You guys… What? | 天啊 你们真是 喷火战机乐队 你们…什么 |
[03:04] | I love you, Dave! | 我爱你 戴夫 |
[03:06] | -I know every single song. -It’s a new song. | -你的每首歌我都很熟 -这是一首新歌 |
[03:08] | Nobody’s really heard it yet. Comes out summer 2020. | 还没人听过 2020年夏发行 |
[03:11] | It was my daughter Violet’s idea to play it, actually. | 演奏这首歌其实是我女儿维奥莱特的主意 |
[03:13] | Yeah. I said, you know, Alex should get a world premiere. | 对 我说世界首演应该献给艾丽克丝 |
[03:16] | -I love her. She’s my favorite. -She’s cool. | -我爱她 最喜欢她了 -她很酷 |
[03:18] | I mean, I love you guys, too, but… | 我也爱你们 但是… |
[03:20] | All right, ladies and gentlemen, the Foo Fighters. That was amazing. | 好了 女士们、先生们 喷火战机乐队 太棒了 |
[03:26] | We’re out. Back in two minutes. | 结束 两分钟后回来 |
[03:27] | -You doing okay? -Dave, I’m so good. | -你还好吗 -戴夫 我很好 |
[03:29] | -Are you happy? -Yeah. | -你快乐吗 -快乐 |
[03:31] | -Yeah? -I’m happy. | -是吗 -很快乐 |
[03:32] | -You seem happy. -Thank you for doing this. | -你看起来很快乐 -谢谢你的演出 |
[03:34] | -You guys are the best. -Thank you. | -你们最棒了 -谢谢 |
[03:36] | The number two trending story is | 第二名热门的消息是 |
[03:37] | the president announcing his budget proposal today, | 总统今天要宣布他的预算提案 |
[03:40] | which is expected to include steep cuts to Medicare and Medicaid | 预计会包括 联邦医疗保险和州医疗补助的大幅削减 |
[03:44] | and increase spending on a border wall. | 并增加对边境墙的开支 |
[03:46] | But the top trending topic this morning is… | 但今天早上最热门的话题是… |
[03:51] | It’s Alex Levy. | …艾丽克丝利维 |
[03:53] | -It’s Alex Levy. -Come on. Wow! | -是艾丽克丝利维 -好耶 哇 |
[03:55] | -Oh, my gosh. -I’ve arrived, guys. | -天啊 -我做到了 各位 |
[03:57] | -Yes, you can quit now. -No, no. | -是的 你现在可以辞职了 -不… |
[03:59] | -No, don’t– don’t quit. -Wait. | -不 别辞职 -等等 |
[04:01] | -She just got back. -The people are saying, | -她刚回来 -人们在说 |
[04:04] | “Thank goodness Alex Levy’s home. Coffee doesn’t taste right without her.” | “谢天谢地 艾丽克丝利维回家了 没有她 咖啡都不香了” |
[04:07] | -True. It did taste different today. -That’s very sweet. | -今天的咖啡味道确实不同 -说得真好 |
[04:10] | “OMG! So great to see Alex and Bradley together. | “天 看到艾丽克丝 和布莱德莉在一起真是太好了 |
[04:13] | Bradley without Alex is like Rose without Jack.” | 布莱德莉没有了艾丽克丝 就像露丝没有了杰克” |
[04:16] | -Adorable. -Oh, my gosh. Thank you. | -真可爱 -天啊 谢谢 |
[04:18] | -Yeah. -Twitter user @Crvcrab says, | -是 -推特用户@Crvcrab说 |
[04:21] | “Alex Levy, modern day hero.” | “艾丽克丝利维是当代的英雄” |
[04:22] | Yeah. “Hashtag feminist god.” | 对 “#女权之神” |
[04:24] | Okay, that’s enough. | 好了 够了 |
[04:26] | I think we’ve heard enough of this. Come on, Ty. | 我觉得我们已经听够了 好了 泰 |
[04:28] | Just keep hitting her with those brutal tweets. | 继续给她读那些热情的推文 |
[04:30] | We’re thrilled to have you back. You’re family here on The Morning Show. | 我们很高兴你能回来 你是《The Morning Show》的家人 |
[04:34] | Yanko, just a heads-up. Someone reposted your Groundhog Day thing. | 杨科 提醒你一下 有人转帖了你有关土拨鼠日的言论 |
[04:37] | That’s cool. | 很酷啊 |
[04:39] | Yeah, actually, it’s what I said the other day. | 对 其实是有关我那天说的话 |
[04:42] | They don’t like that you call something your spirit animal, | 他们不喜欢你说某种动物是自己的灵兽 |
[04:45] | so that’s why they reposted it. | 所以他们才转帖的 |
[04:47] | -Oh, please. Is it– Is that it? -Yeah. | -拜托 是这个帖子吗 -是 |
[04:49] | Let me see that. | 给我看看 |
[05:01] | Crap. Thanks. | 见鬼 谢谢 |
[05:03] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[05:05] | Brava! That’s what I call a show, girlfriend. | 太好了 这才叫节目 姐妹 |
[05:07] | -L-E-V-Y, what does it spell? -I love you. | -L-E-V-Y是谁的名字啊 -我爱你 |
[05:10] | -Congrats. I’ll see you upstairs. -Thanks, honey. | -恭喜 楼上见 -谢谢 亲爱的 |
[05:13] | -Alex, great to have you back. -Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. | -艾丽克丝 你回来真好 -谢谢… |
[05:19] | -Hey, good show. -Thank– Thanks. | -嘿 节目很精彩 -谢谢 |
[05:23] | -I think it went well. -I gave Stella your best political stuff. | -我觉得节目很顺利 -我把你最精彩的政治报道给了斯黛拉 |
[05:26] | So hopefully this will get us moderator. | 希望这能让你当上辩论主持人 |
[05:30] | Yeah, I hope so too. | 是 我也希望如此 |
[05:31] | People still stop me on the street about that de Blasio interview. | 人们还会在街上拦下我 问我有关白思豪采访的事 |
[05:34] | -Are you going somewhere? -Yeah. I have a meeting. | -你要去哪里吗 -是 我要去开会 |
[05:40] | -You have a meeting? -I booked it myself. | -你要开会 -我自己预约的 |
[05:42] | I’ll call you in a couple hours. | 我两小时后给你打电话 |
[05:45] | -We did it. -You’ve done it, like, a million times. | -我们做到了 -你都做过无数次了 |
[05:49] | I know. But, like, a million lifetimes ago. | 我知道 但那是好久以前的事了 |
[05:53] | Could you imagine if they paid me all that money and I just sucked? | 能想象吗 如果他们付我这么多钱 结果我表现很烂 |
[05:55] | -Well, you didn’t have to come back. -I know, but I did. | -你不是非得回来的 -我知道 但我回来了 |
[06:00] | Is it good? | 这是好事吗 |
[06:01] | Oh, gosh. Oh, man. Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, okay. | 天啊…好吧… |
[06:06] | -Mom? -Yeah? | -妈妈 -怎么了 |
[06:07] | -You all right? -Yeah, I’m good. I’m good. | -你还好吗 -是 我很好… |
[06:11] | Lizzy, you wanna go check out the spread in the kitchen? | 莉兹 你要不要去厨房里 看看有什么吃的 |
[06:13] | -See if your mom wants some food? -Yeah. | -看看你妈妈是不是想吃点什么 -好 |
[06:18] | Okay. Okay. | 好… |
[06:22] | -Okay. Sorry. -Last night’s interview played great. | -好 抱歉 -昨晚的采访播出效果很好 |
[06:26] | I mean, yes, you were nervous. | 是 你确实有点紧张 |
[06:28] | But it turned out great. | 但是效果很好 |
[06:30] | -The ratings were great. -Yeah. | -收视率很高 -是 |
[06:32] | First show back, smashing success. | 回归后第一期节目 大获成功 |
[06:35] | -Relax. -I hear you. | -放松点 -我听见了 |
[06:37] | Okay. I know, right? I need to relax. | 好 我知道了 好吗 我需要放松 |
[06:40] | Good. Now, we do need to talk about the debate. | 很好 现在我们得谈谈辩论的事了 |
[06:42] | The DNC needs their list of moderators, and it’s just– | 民主党全国委员会 需要主持人名单 而且… |
[06:45] | We gotta book the travel and hotels, Vegas, all that stuff. | 我们得订拉斯维加斯的 机票、酒店和诸多事宜 |
[06:48] | Yeah. Yeah. No. No. | 是…不… |
[06:51] | The last thing I want right now is more exposure. | 我现在最不想要的就是更多地抛头露面 |
[06:54] | Is there a part of you that feels you should do it? As a show of good faith. | 你心里就一点都不想做吗 用来表达诚意 |
[06:57] | No. | 不想 |
[06:58] | You mentioned what a generous deal they made for you, | 你说过 他们给你开的条件非常丰厚 |
[07:02] | and they obviously didn’t do that for nothing. | 他们显然不是平白无故这么做的 |
[07:04] | They know you can bring home the bacon and fry it up. | 他们知道你能胜任你的工作 而且出色完成 |
[07:06] | You’ll bring ’em a huge audience. | 你会给他们带来大量观众 |
[07:08] | It’s win-win. | 这是双赢的局面 |
[07:10] | I have to take it. It’s Doug. | 我得接这个电话 是道格 |
[07:11] | Alex… | 艾丽克丝 |
[07:14] | you should do this. | 你应该去主持辩论 |
[07:16] | -Should do this? -Yeah. | -应该 -是 |
[07:19] | You know what you should do? | 知道你应该做什么吗 |
[07:21] | Yeah. Right. Okay. Still– Still doing it. | 是 对 好吧 你还是得去主持辩论 |
[07:26] | And you know that comes with all the love in my heart. | 这个手势代表了我全心全意的爱 |
[07:29] | Hey, Doug. Yes, I did. I got all of your flowers. | 嗨 道格 是的 你送的花我都收到了 |
[07:38] | Okay, now, when you’re doing your interview, remember, | 好 听着 在你采访的时候 要记住 |
[07:41] | law professors do not need to be ambushed. | 不要对法律教授搞突然袭击 |
[07:44] | This is to establish how Italian law sometimes has a– | 这次采访是为了证实意大利法律有时有… |
[07:47] | Yeah, yeah. | 是… |
[07:49] | By “yeah, yeah, yeah,” do you just want me to shut up? | “是…”的意思是你想让我闭嘴 |
[07:51] | -She wants me to shut up. -I’m just trying to focus right now. | -她想让我闭嘴 -我在努力集中精力 |
[07:54] | Okay. I get it. | 好吧 我明白 |
[07:56] | I get it. I totally get it. | 我明白 完全明白 |
[07:59] | We could rehearse. | 我们可以排练一下 |
[08:02] | I could play the professor. | 我可以扮演教授 |
[08:03] | You could play Paola Lambruschini, documentary filmmaker. | 你可以扮演纪录片制作人 保拉兰布鲁斯基尼 |
[08:08] | Actually, Fido could play the professor. | 其实费多可以扮演教授 |
[08:13] | -He’s very professional. -Yeah. | -它很专业的 -是 |
[08:14] | He’s got one of those jackets with patches on the elbows, the whole thing. | 它有一件 那种肘部有补丁的外套 很有气质 |
[08:19] | Yeah? Wanna do that? | 怎么样 要排练吗 |
[08:25] | You’re gonna do great. | 你会做得很好的 |
[08:35] | I know it’s early in the day for the Donner Party, | 我知道现在看唐纳大队有点太早了 |
[08:37] | but Plus sent over a cut of the Forlorn Hope finale. | 但是UBA+送来了 《绝望的希望》大结局的一个版本 |
[08:40] | -You want to watch it now? -Oh, yes. God, yes. | -你现在想看吗 -好 当然想 |
[08:45] | You know… | 你知道… |
[08:48] | for someone in the closet, you sure know your way around. | 对于一个还没出柜的人来说 你的技术可真好 |
[08:51] | I’m not in the closet. I’m just not actually a lesbian. | 我不是没出柜 我只是不算是女同性恋 |
[08:56] | Well, you’re something. | 你很优秀 |
[08:59] | You’re something. | 你很优秀 |
[09:03] | -I better go. -You have to? | -我得走了 -非走不可吗 |
[09:05] | Yeah, I gotta go to Cory’s office. | 是 我得去趟科里的办公室 |
[09:08] | I’m gonna walk in there, and I’m gonna tell him | 我会走进去对他说 |
[09:11] | that I’m not fucking leaving until he gives me moderator. | 不让我当辩论主持人我就赖着不走了 |
[09:15] | -What? -So sorry. I didn’t mean to laugh. | -怎么了 -真抱歉 我不是故意笑的 |
[09:17] | It just sounded funny, so combative. | 只是听起来很有趣 你可真好斗 |
[09:19] | It’s not combative. It’s honest. | 这不是好斗 是坦诚 |
[09:21] | Is that how you two communicate, with unvarnished truths and ultimatums? | 你们两个就是这样沟通的吗 用不加修饰的真相和最后通牒 |
[09:25] | I can tell you, I’ve known Cory a long time, | 我可以告诉你 我认识科里很久了 |
[09:28] | and he wouldn’t let just anyone do that. | 他可不会吃一般人的这一套 |
[09:30] | -It’s complicated. -I’d like to hear. | -事情很复杂 -愿闻其详 |
[09:35] | I guess… | 我想… |
[09:37] | Okay, well, on the day of Alex’s last show– | 好吧 在艾丽克丝最后一期节目那天 |
[09:42] | Actually, it feels gross calling it that. | 其实这么说感觉不合适 |
[09:45] | On the day Hannah died. Did you know Hannah? | 汉娜死的那天 你认识汉娜吗 |
[09:47] | -No, but I know who you mean. -Well, so much happened that day. | -不认识 但我知道你说的是谁 -那天发生了好多事 |
[09:51] | And after it all, the board actually fired Cory. | 之后 董事会其实把科里炒掉了 |
[09:55] | -Please don’t tell anybody I said that. -I won’t. | -请别告诉任何人我说过这个 -不会的 |
[09:58] | I mean, they never announced it. | 他们从未对外宣布 |
[09:59] | They fired Cory, they put Fred on leave, and they suspended me. | 他们炒掉了科里 让弗雷德休假 把我停职了 |
[10:03] | Alex took off. | 艾丽克丝一走了之 |
[10:06] | So Cory and I got really close. | 所以科里和我走得很近 |
[10:08] | We really showed up for each other and… | 我们真正互相支持 而且… |
[10:12] | -Are you sure you want to hear this? -Where’s it going exactly? | -你确定想听吗 -你到底想说什么 |
[10:16] | As friends, I was just… My heart broke for him. | 我们是朋友 我为他感到心碎 |
[10:20] | -He was really vulnerable. -Yeah, he doesn’t lead with that. | -他当时很脆弱 -是 他一开始不是那样的 |
[10:24] | No, but– But then a couple days later, | 对 但是几天后 |
[10:25] | I got up in front of the board, and I just fucking unloaded on them. | 我跑到董事会面前 冲他们大发雷霆 |
[10:30] | And I told them that Fred had to be fired, and that Cory was the guy to replace him, | 我告诉他们必须炒掉弗雷德 科里就是接替他的人 |
[10:34] | and I really didn’t think I was getting through to them. | 我真没想到他们能听进去我的话 |
[10:37] | But then a day later, he came down to my room, | 但是一天后 他来到我的房间 |
[10:40] | and he said that they made him CEO. | 说他们让他担任首席执行官 |
[10:42] | And as his first act, he was lifting my suspension. | 他上台后做的第一件事就是取消我的停职 |
[10:46] | At that point, he and I were, like, best friends. | 那时我和他就像是最好的朋友 |
[10:50] | And I was a really good friend to him. | 我是对他很好的朋友 |
[10:55] | Anyway, fuck him. | 总之 让他去死吧 |
[11:01] | You know they’re talking about replacing him, right? | 你知道他们正在讨论换掉他的事吗 |
[11:03] | Wait, what? | 等等 什么 |
[11:04] | UBA is in third, | UBA电视网现在排名第三 |
[11:06] | which wouldn’t be such a big deal if it didn’t go hand in hand with scandal. | 这本来没什么大不了的 但现在有丑闻 事态可就严重了 |
[11:11] | I mean, it doesn’t matter that he’s had success for them. | 他为他们取得过成功 这并不重要 |
[11:13] | People’s memories are short, | 人们的记忆力很短暂 |
[11:14] | and at the end of the day, it just comes down to money. | 到头来还是和钱有关 |
[11:17] | And he’s investing just massive amounts in UBA+, | 他向UBA+投入了大笔资金 |
[11:20] | which doesn’t launch for another month, and it needs to perform. | 但这个平台还要一个月才上线 而且它必须表现优异 |
[11:23] | And, I mean, another streaming service? | 我是说 又推出一项流媒体服务 |
[11:28] | -They should be illegal. -I guess you could just not subscribe. | -应该被法律禁止 -大家可以不去订阅啊 |
[11:30] | At this point, | 此时此刻 |
[11:31] | UBA’s balance sheet basically looks like a hemophiliac’s used Band-Aid. | UBA电视网的财务状况表上赤字一塌糊涂 |
[11:38] | You should talk to him. | 你应该和他谈谈 |
[11:40] | That’s what I’m gonna do. That’s how this conversation started. | 我就是要去和他谈 我们的对话就是因此开始的呀 |
[11:43] | But you should reconcile with him, even if it’s just for show. | 但你应该与他和解 就算是装装样子也好 |
[11:46] | The network is your partner. | 电视网是你的伙伴 |
[11:48] | And he’s your CEO for now. | 而他目前是你的首席执行官 |
[11:51] | Make them your ally, not your foe. | 把他们变成你的盟友 而不是对手 |
[11:54] | Your career will thank you. | 你的事业会感谢你的 |
[12:12] | -Wow, you got a lot of stuff. -I’m used to it. | -哇 你的东西真多 -我习惯了 |
[12:17] | -What will you do while I’m in it? -What am I going to do? | -我在里面的时候你做什么 -我做什么 |
[12:20] | -Practice my singing… -Uh-huh. | -练习唱歌 -这样啊 |
[12:23] | …with some Italian music. | 用意大利音乐伴奏 |
[12:25] | Ready? | 准备好吗 |
[12:26] | Uno, duo, tre, quatro! | 一、二、三、四 |
[12:28] | When I was a boy Just about the eighth-a grade | 我还是个八年级的孩子时 |
[12:32] | Mama used to say | 妈妈对我说 |
[12:34] | “Don’t stay out-a late With the bad-a boys | “不要和坏孩子们在外面玩得太晚 |
[12:38] | Always shootin’ pool, Giuseppe You gonna flunk-a school!” | 总是在打桌球 朱塞普 你的学习成绩会不及格” |
[12:42] | Idiota. | 好傻 |
[12:43] | You talking to Giuseppe? | 你在说朱塞普吗 |
[12:47] | You know, Giuseppe… | 朱塞普 是这样 |
[12:52] | I’m not really used to people helping me. | 我不太习惯有人帮我 |
[12:55] | So… | 所以… |
[12:58] | So thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[13:02] | Prego. | 不客气 |
[13:05] | What’s-a matter you? | 你是怎么回事 |
[13:06] | Hey! Gotta no respect? | 嘿 这么不敬 |
[13:08] | Stop it. | 别唱了 |
[13:09] | What-a you think you do? Why you look-a so sad? | 你以为自己在做什么 你为什么看起来如此悲伤 |
[13:13] | It’s-a not so bad It’s-a nice-a place | 这里不算太差 这里是个好地方 |
[13:16] | -Keep it down! -Ah, shaddap-a you face! | -小声点 -你给我闭嘴 |
[13:29] | Hey, Paige, is everything okay? | 嗨 佩吉 一切都好吗 |
[13:30] | No, everything is not okay. Kelly Daykin just called me. | 不 不好 凯莉戴金刚刚给我打了电话 |
[13:35] | I didn’t know you two talked. | 我不知道你们俩有联系 |
[13:37] | It wasn’t a good call. | 不是好事 |
[13:38] | Someone tried to plant a nasty story in the Daily News about Hannah Shoenfeld. | 有人试图在《每日新闻报》上 刊登有关汉娜肖恩菲尔德的恶心文章 |
[13:45] | Did she say what it was? | 她说是什么文章了吗 |
[13:46] | She spared me details. | 她没对我说细节 |
[13:48] | Apparently it paints her as pretty fucked up. | 显然文章把她说成有严重心理问题 |
[13:50] | You said, “tried.” “Tried to plant.” | 你说“试图” “试图刊登” |
[13:52] | -So, they’re not printing it? -They’re not. | -所以他们不会印出来 -不会 |
[13:55] | Why did she call you? | 她为什么给你打电话 |
[13:57] | I think the implication is clear. | 我觉得她的意图很明显 |
[13:59] | Oh, my God, Paige, you don’t think I’m behind this? | 天啊 佩吉 你该不会认为是我干的吧 |
[14:02] | -Who do you think I am? -The kids don’t need this. | -你把我当成什么人了 -孩子们不应经历此事 |
[14:04] | It was not me. | 不是我干的 |
[14:06] | That poor girl doesn’t need this. | 那个可怜的姑娘不应经历此事 |
[14:08] | -Paige. -I don’t wanna hear it. | -佩吉 -我不想听你解释 |
[14:11] | I did my duty. I hope you’re enjoying Italy. | 我尽了我的责任 希望你在意大利玩得开心 |
[14:26] | When he arrived, he was starving. | 他到的时侯饿坏了 |
[14:29] | I’d seen that look so many times these last five months. | 过去五个月中 我看过这个表情太多次了 |
[14:32] | It was horrible. | 真可怕 |
[14:33] | So where is he, Mr. Keseberg? | 那么凯塞伯格先生 他在哪 |
[14:35] | Where is my son? We will dig up every last inch of dirt… | 我的儿子在哪 我们会翻遍每一个角落 |
[14:38] | Kyle, who’s calling on my direct? | 凯尔 是谁打我的直线电话 |
[14:40] | -Please, Mr. Eddy. -If I have– | -拜托 艾迪先生 -如果我有… |
[14:43] | Kyle, who is it? | 凯尔 是谁啊 |
[14:46] | I didn’t know if I should yell this out. | 我不知道是否应该喊出来 |
[14:49] | It’s Mitch Kessler. | 是米切凯斯勒 |
[14:53] | Okay, I’ll take it. Stay off this one. | 好 我会接 这通电话你不要听 |
[15:10] | -Hello? -Yeah? | -喂 -什么事 |
[15:13] | I didn’t know you were there. | 我不知道你在 |
[15:16] | Most people say, “Hello.” | 大多数人会说“你好” |
[15:18] | Something new I’m trying out. | 我在尝试新的问候语 |
[15:19] | Groundbreaking stuff. | 真是重大突破啊 |
[15:23] | I’m calling because I thought you should know | 我打电话是因为我觉得你应该知道 |
[15:26] | that someone has launched a smear campaign against Hannah. | 有人开始诋毁汉娜的名声了 |
[15:32] | Fred. | 弗雷德 |
[15:33] | Yeah. Daily News isn’t gonna run it, | 是 《每日新闻报》不打算刊登 |
[15:37] | but his tentacles run so deep that somebody’s gonna bite eventually. | 但他的关系网很广 早晚会有人帮他发表的 |
[15:41] | Unless you cut it off at the root. | 除非斩草除根 |
[15:43] | Yeah? What you expect me to do, Mitch? Kill and eat him to keep him quiet? | 是吗 米切 你想让我做什么 把他杀人灭口吗 |
[15:46] | What do I expect you to do? The right thing. | 我想让你做什么 做正确的事 |
[15:51] | Can you say that again? It’s amazing coming out of your mouth. | 你能再说一次吗 从你口中听到这话很不可思议 |
[15:53] | Look, I’m just trying to help. | 听着 我只是想帮忙 |
[15:55] | You know, I don’t have the UBA apparatus at my disposal. | 我不能利用UBA电视网的资源了 |
[15:58] | And my money is not good in that town anymore. | 而且我声名狼藉 就算花钱也办不成事 |
[16:00] | Why don’t you take a big step back and think about this? | 你不如别插手此事 好好想一想吧 |
[16:04] | This is your fault. | 这都是你的错 |
[16:06] | You can try and pretend like Fred’s the bad guy, | 你可以假装弗雷德是坏人 |
[16:08] | but there are no nasty stories without you, pal. | 但没有你的话就没有恶心的文章了 朋友 |
[16:10] | Well, you made some pretty big fucking promises. | 你曾许下一些重大的承诺 |
[16:14] | Yeah? Fred, so bad he had to go. | 是不是 弗雷德太坏了 他必须走人 |
[16:17] | Or maybe you just wanted his job. Well, congratulations. | 也许你只是想取代他而已 恭喜了 |
[16:21] | I’m glad that it is so easy for you to sit in that big room full of straw, | 我很高兴 你可以如此自在地 坐在堆满麦秸的房间里 |
[16:27] | judging me, when you should be doing what you promised and spin it into gold. | 对我品头论足 而你本应该兑现承诺 把麦秸纺成金子 |
[16:31] | You’re the CEO. Do what a CEO does: handle it. | 你是首席执行官 做好本职工作 把这件事处理好 |
[16:34] | Handle the suit. Make it go away. | 把诉讼案处理好 让它消失 |
[16:36] | Keep these awful stories out of the press | 别让这些恶心的故事登上媒体 |
[16:38] | and leave me the fuck alone so I can live my life. | 还有别再打扰我 让我能过自己的生活 |
[16:42] | Whatever miserable scraps are left of it. | 虽然我的生活支离破碎、痛苦不堪 |
[16:56] | Hey, I need a second. | 嘿 能跟我聊一下吗 |
[16:57] | Can it wait? | 能等等吗 |
[16:58] | It has waited two weeks in quarantine in China and then some. | 已经在中国隔离时等了两周还不止 |
[17:02] | What’s another couple of hours? I have to get to Stella’s. | 那再等几小时又何妨 我得去找斯黛拉 |
[17:04] | But that’s why it can’t wait. Sooner you agree, sooner you’re upstairs. | 所以才不能等 你越早同意 你就可以越早上楼去 |
[17:08] | Two minutes. | 两分钟 |
[17:16] | Don’t worry. You’re not the topic of conversation. | 别担心 我不是要去说你的事 |
[17:19] | And why the fuck not? | 为什么不呢 |
[17:20] | I want to be the topic of conversation for once. | 我也想成为一次对话的主题 |
[17:23] | I did a lot of thinking trapped in that little box. | 我被困在那小小的牢笼期间想了很多 |
[17:26] | Oh, my God, Daniel. Beijing Hilton is not a little box. | 天啊 丹尼尔 北京希尔顿可不是小小的牢笼 |
[17:29] | -We’ve talked– -I’m not talking about the Hilton. | -我们谈过… -我说的不是希尔顿 |
[17:30] | I’m talking about my life. | 我说的是我的人生 |
[17:31] | I don’t have a 50-minute hour. I have two minutes. | 我没时间听你诉苦 我只有两分钟 |
[17:34] | I’ll make it quick because I didn’t come here for therapy. | 那我快速说完 因为我不是来这里接受治疗的 |
[17:37] | Look. | 听着 |
[17:38] | There is a pattern of behavior around here that, to put it kindly, | 说得好听点 这家公司有一种行为模式 |
[17:43] | often excuses the bad behavior of white folks | 常常原谅白人的恶劣行为 |
[17:46] | and disadvantages the people of color, namely me. | 使有色人种处于劣势 也就是我 |
[17:49] | And you know it too. | 这你也是知道的 |
[17:50] | I mean, at least George Wallace had the courtesy to tell you to your face. | 至少乔治华莱士能有礼貌地当面说出来 |
[17:53] | I’m done turning the other cheek. | 我已经受够了 不会再忍耐 |
[17:56] | Okay, okay. | 好吧… |
[17:59] | Of course I know it. | 我当然知道 |
[18:01] | Sure it’s not lost on you that I was only put in charge | 你一定注意到了 我成为负责人 |
[18:03] | after everything had gone to shit and failure was damn near certain. | 是因为一切土崩瓦解 失败几乎无法避免 |
[18:06] | So I get it. | 所以我懂 |
[18:07] | But look, I am– I’m… happier to have the job in this situation | 但是听着 我宁可在 这种情况下得到这份工作 |
[18:11] | than to be shut out in the name of fairness. | 也不愿他们打着公平的名号将我排除在外 |
[18:13] | And all I ask is that, when you talk to Stella, | 我只有一个要求 你和斯黛拉谈的时候 |
[18:17] | you push for me to moderate. | 推荐我当辩论主持人 |
[18:20] | Okay. You’re right. I will plead your case. | 好 你说得对 我会帮你争取当辩论主持人 |
[18:23] | Now I have to get up there. | 现在我必须上楼去了 |
[18:26] | There should be some Black voice up there. | 那里应该有黑人发声 |
[18:28] | And it’s not gonna come from one of the candidates. | 不可能是候选人之一 |
[18:31] | I’ll do what I can. | 我会尽力而为 |
[18:37] | -You’re not gonna fire me over this? -Oh, no. Come on, Yanko, no. But… | -你们不会因为这个把我炒掉吧 -不会 拜托 杨科 不会 但是… |
[18:44] | You know, the backlash has gotten out of hand. | 人们的抵制已经失控了 |
[18:47] | It’s just one of those things. We know you didn’t mean anything by it. | 这种事就是这样 我们知道你完全没有恶意 |
[18:50] | But we gotta nip that thing in the bud, okay? | 但我们必须把此事 扼杀在摇篮里 明白吗 |
[18:53] | So, you’re gonna have to apologize on the show tomorrow. | 所以你明天必须在节目上道歉 |
[18:58] | So you want me to say I’m sorry. | 你想让我说我很抱歉 |
[18:59] | -Yeah. You gotta be. -Okay, I still don’t– I don’t understand | -对 你必须说 -好 我还是不明白 |
[19:02] | why it’s a bad thing for me to call something my spirit animal, okay? | 为什么我说某个动物是自己的灵兽 是件不好的事 |
[19:05] | And by the way, a whole week went by, nobody cared. | 顺便一提 过去一整周了也没人在乎 |
[19:08] | Well, they care now, and we care. | 他们现在在乎了 而且我们也在乎 |
[19:11] | How am I supposed to feel sorry for something that doesn’t make sense? | 我该怎么对一件说不通的事感到抱歉呢 |
[19:14] | -I mean, it’s not like I did a rain dance. -Oh, my God. | -我又没有跳求雨舞蹈 -我的天 |
[19:16] | You know what? It’s– It’s appropriation. | 是这样 这是文化挪用 |
[19:19] | You’re not Native American. | 你不是美国原住民 |
[19:21] | It’s like if someone who wasn’t Cuban was appropriating Cuban things. | 就好比不是古巴人的人挪用了古巴的东西 |
[19:24] | That doesn’t bother me. I don’t care. Look, for the record, | 我不会因此感到困扰 我不在乎 听着 我声明 |
[19:27] | I have no problem apologizing when I believe I’ve done something wrong, | 如果我相信自己做错了 我完全可以道歉 |
[19:30] | but you honestly want me to apologize for something if I don’t even mean it? | 如果我并不觉得抱歉 你们真的还要我道歉吗 |
[19:33] | In a perfect world, | 完美的情况是 |
[19:35] | you understand that what you did is wrong, you learn from it, and you apologize. | 你理解自己的行为是错的 从中吸取教训并道歉 |
[19:41] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[19:45] | It’s fine. | 没事的 |
[19:50] | All right, fine. I’ll do it. You know, I– | 好吧 行 我道歉 我… |
[19:52] | -I don’t push back like this, you know. -No, I know. I know. | -我通常不这样反抗 你知道 -对 我知道… |
[19:54] | Okay, and I’m sorry to be so combative, but it hurts to be this misunderstood. | 好 很抱歉我刚才强烈争辩 但是这么深的误解令人心痛 |
[19:58] | Thanks for– Thanks for coming in. | 谢谢你过来 |
[20:00] | I don’t even think the guy who tweeted it was Native American. | 我觉得发推文的人 甚至都不是美国原住民 |
[20:03] | Okay. I’ll see you downstairs. | 好 我一会儿去楼下找你 |
[20:08] | -Oh, God. -He means well. | -天啊 -他是好意 |
[20:13] | Look, can I bend your ear about something else? | 听着 我能跟你说件其他事吗 |
[20:16] | Bend away. | 说吧 |
[20:18] | What do you think about Daniel moderating the debate? | 你觉得让丹尼尔主持辩论如何 |
[20:22] | Everyone and their mother’s been lobbying for this, | 所有人都在为此事游说我 |
[20:24] | like I have some sort of choice to make. | 好像我能做出某种选择似的 |
[20:26] | We have to use Eric, obviously, | 很显然我们必须用埃里克 |
[20:28] | and Cory’s made it clear that he wants it to be Alex. | 科里说得很清楚 他想让艾丽克丝去 |
[20:31] | It should be Noorean, by the way. | 顺便一提 应该是诺琳去 |
[20:32] | Best ratings on UBANC, warm and wonky. | UBA新闻频道的收视率冠军 热情、政策专家 |
[20:35] | But there can’t be an equal number of candidates and moderators. | 但候选人和主持人的数量不可能一样 |
[20:38] | I’m sorry. There just isn’t room for Daniel. | 很抱歉 没有丹尼尔的位置了 |
[20:39] | Daniel feels minimized on a grand scale, you know, relegated to the breezy stuff. | 丹尼尔感觉自己被全面贬低了 只负责一些不重要的工作 |
[20:44] | -And it– -It’s The Twist. | -这… -是《转折》 |
[20:45] | The breeze makes it twist. | 不重要的工作让他心里不平衡 |
[20:47] | Right, but it’s not just the breezy stuff. | 对 但不仅仅是不重要的工作 |
[20:50] | Daniel feels like he’s only asked to report on diverse stories, | 丹尼尔感觉 公司只让他报道有关多元化的新闻 |
[20:54] | which, if we’re being honest, don’t get as much airtime. | 说实话 这种新闻的播出时间不多 |
[20:58] | He thinks this is a racial thing? | 他觉得这是种族歧视 |
[21:01] | -A homophobic thing. -You know what? | -是因为害怕同性恋 -我跟你说 |
[21:03] | I’m not gonna put words in his mouth, but I’ll give you my opinion. | 我不会替他说话 但我跟你说说我的看法 |
[21:06] | Okay. | 好 |
[21:07] | Daniel Henderson can moderate this debate as well as anybody we have, | 丹尼尔亨德森能和我们现有的任何人一样 主持好这次辩论 |
[21:12] | and he’s got a really important perspective. | 而且他的视角非常重要 |
[21:15] | Not everyone can be John or Paul. Some people have to be Ringo. | 不是所有人都能当约翰或保罗的 总要有人当林戈 |
[21:21] | There’s no shame in that. | 这不丢人 |
[21:22] | In my opinion, Daniel’s reached the level of his charisma, | 依我看 丹尼尔的魅力已经完全发挥出来了 |
[21:26] | which, to be clear, is hosting the nine o’clock hour | 我把话说清楚 即在一家主要电视网络 |
[21:29] | on a major television network. | 主持9点钟的节目 |
[21:32] | It’s not exactly an insult. | 这可不算是一种侮辱 |
[21:34] | He’s really good. | 他很优秀的 |
[21:36] | Everybody who’s made it to this level was the star somewhere else, | 任何做到这个级别的人 在其他地方都是大明星 |
[21:38] | but in a universe full of stars, I don’t think he has the “it” factor. | 但是在这个群星闪耀的世界里 我觉得他没有那种“特质” |
[21:45] | What’s most important is that it’s unique to you. | 最重要的是这对你来说是独一无二的 |
[21:49] | To who you are. | 对你的特点来说 |
[21:50] | TV’s, like, 90 years old. | 电视行业已经90岁了 |
[21:51] | The only thing you or anyone can do that hasn’t been done before | 你或任何人唯一能做 而又是别人之前没做过的事 |
[21:54] | -is offer their perspective. -I agree. | -就是提供观点 -同意 |
[21:56] | I think people want to know who you are. | 我觉得人们很想了解你 |
[21:59] | Hey, great show today. | 嘿 今天的节目很精彩 |
[22:01] | -Thank you. -Yes. Hell of a start, huh? | -谢谢 -没错 开门红 是吧 |
[22:04] | Yeah, amazing. | 是 太棒了 |
[22:06] | -Listen… -Yes? | -听着 -是 |
[22:08] | About this debate… | 有关辩论的事… |
[22:09] | I hear you don’t want to do it. | 我听说你不想主持 |
[22:11] | But can I just tell you why we think it’s so important? | 但我能跟你说说 为什么我们觉得辩论很重要吗 |
[22:15] | You– Yes. | 你…当然 |
[22:16] | It’s not about drawing viewers, | 重点不在于吸引观众 |
[22:18] | because all eyes will already be on UBA that night, | 因为那天晚上 大家已经在关注UBA电视网了 |
[22:21] | but with all of our recent troubles, | 但是鉴于我们最近遇到的麻烦 |
[22:23] | it’s imperative to show that we can still deliver good quality content. | 至关重要的是向观众展示 我们依然能给大家带来高质量的内容 |
[22:28] | And nothing says quality more than you, Alex, and you’ll kill it. | 而最能代表高质量的人就是你 艾丽克丝 你会表现出色的 |
[22:33] | And you’ll get a ton of juice off of it. | 你会因此备受尊敬 |
[22:37] | You think I need juice? | 你觉得我需要尊敬 |
[22:38] | I’m not particularly saying you need juice, | 我不是特别要说你需要 |
[22:41] | but, you know, who doesn’t need some juice? | 但是有谁不希望得到尊敬呢 |
[22:45] | I think there are other people here with a lot more to prove. | 我觉得台里还有其他人更需要证明自己 |
[22:49] | -We very much appreciate the ask. -Yeah, but no. | -我们很感谢你提出这个要求 -是 但是我不愿意 |
[22:51] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[22:54] | I hear you. | 我知道了 |
[22:56] | But just think about it, for me. That’s all I ask. | 但为了我考虑一下吧 这是我唯一的要求 |
[23:01] | Gonna let you guys get back to it. | 不打扰你们了 |
[23:10] | Wow. | 哇 |
[23:12] | I mean, who is that punk that second-guesses every single thing I say? | 这小妞算老几 竟然对我说的每一句话指手画脚 |
[23:17] | -God. -Well, she’s the president of UBA News. | -天啊 -她是UBA电视网新闻部的总裁 |
[23:21] | Cory clearly thinks a lot of her, | 显然科里很看重她 |
[23:22] | because he paid a lot for DADA Media to absorb it and her into the network– | 因为他付了一大笔钱 才并购了达达传媒 并把她挖了过来 |
[23:26] | Don’t talk to me like I’m an idiot. | 别把我当傻子一样跟我讲话 |
[23:28] | I mean, seriously, where the fuck does she get off? | 我是认真的 她哪来的胆子 |
[23:30] | I’m supposed to listen to her? I have sweaters older than her. | 我要听她的话 我有几件毛衣年龄都比她大 |
[23:32] | Well, age and maturity aren’t the same thing. | 年龄和成熟度不是一回事 |
[23:34] | Chip, that’s not what I’m saying. | 奇普 我不是那个意思 |
[23:36] | She just hasn’t– She hasn’t gone through enough shit. | 她只是还没有足够的阅历 |
[23:38] | You know, she hasn’t had enough pain | 她没经历过足够的痛苦 |
[23:40] | to be bossing all of us around who have been through it. | 没权利对我们这些 经历过痛苦的人呼来喝去 |
[23:43] | You know, she just– I don’t know. | 她简直…我不知道 |
[23:44] | She’s got this attitude about her like she’s this arbiter of morality. | 她有一种态度 好像自己是道德的仲裁者 |
[23:48] | Okay, I think you might be rushing to judgment. | 好吧 我觉得你可能过早地下结论了 |
[23:50] | She thought bringing you back here was a crazy idea, which is bullshit. | 她觉得让你回来是个疯狂的主意 这简直是有病 |
[23:55] | -She thinks I shouldn’t be here? -No, you should be here. | -她觉得我不该回来 -不 你应该回来 |
[23:58] | You’re missing the point. She just doesn’t get it. | 你没抓住重点 她就是不明白 |
[24:01] | Who else thinks that? | 还有谁这么想 |
[24:04] | Nobody. Okay, never mind. | 没有了 好吧 算了 |
[24:05] | Chip, just forget that I said it. Please don’t give it another thought. | 奇普 忘了我说的话吧 请别再想了 |
[24:09] | I was just trying to make a point you weren’t hearing fast enough. | 我只是想表达一个观点 你没跟上我的思路 |
[24:16] | It looks good. | 看上去不错 |
[24:18] | He looks very credible. | 他看上去很可信 |
[24:19] | Okay, I will translate. | 好 我来翻译 |
[24:24] | Okay, so, here he’s saying that the criminal justice system in Italy | 好 这里他在说意大利的刑事司法系统 |
[24:30] | was not written with women in mind. | 在创立时没有考虑女性 |
[24:33] | Of course. So, I ask him | 当然了 所以我问他… |
[24:36] | if there were any noteworthy examples | 有没有值得注意的例子 |
[24:39] | of men and women being treated differently. | 来展示男女受到了区别对待 |
[24:42] | And he says, yes, of course, there are many examples. | 他说当然有 有很多例子 |
[24:45] | And so… | 于是… |
[24:47] | I’m bringing up Amanda Knox. | 我正在提出阿曼达诺克斯的案子 |
[24:52] | And that just got him talking and talking and talking. | 这让他打开了话匣子 |
[24:55] | And, you know, there is a lot of good stuff here. | 拍到了很多精彩的内容 |
[24:58] | Yeah, that was really smart. | 是 很机智 |
[25:01] | Yeah. Yeah, yeah. It was. | 对…没错 |
[25:05] | Okay, keep watching, and the food will be ready soon. | 好 继续看吧 饭马上就好 |
[25:12] | Here are the noodles. | 这里是意面 |
[25:16] | Here’s the sauce. Enjoy. | 这是酱汁 慢用 |
[25:19] | That’s it? Really? | 就这样 真的吗 |
[25:21] | -Well… -That’s where the service stops. | -这个嘛… -服务就此停止了 |
[25:23] | Wow, you’re two inches from the finish line, | 哇 你还差一点就尽地主之谊了 |
[25:26] | and you’re not gonna serve me. | 而你不为我服务 |
[25:28] | -Well, I made the food. -Okay. | -我烹饪了食物 -好吧 |
[25:30] | That’s as grateful as I get. | 我的谢意只能表达至此了 |
[25:31] | Well, I am never coming back to this establishment. | 我再也不会光顾这家餐厅了 |
[25:36] | The service is terrible. | 这里的服务太糟糕了 |
[25:38] | And you took– Look at how much you took. | 你盛了…看看你盛了多少酱汁 |
[25:42] | -You left very little. -Come here. | -只剩下这么少了 -过来 |
[25:44] | -Don’t do that. -You’re so– | -别这样 -你真… |
[25:49] | Here. The fork is in the drawer. | 给 叉子在抽屉里 |
[26:00] | Our campaign is thinking big and not small. | 我们的竞选目光远大 而不是鼠目寸光 |
[26:05] | So we’ll see you tomorrow. Great job today. Thank you. | 我们明天见 今天表现很好 谢谢 |
[26:12] | Did you talk to Stella? | 你和斯黛拉谈了吗 |
[26:14] | I did. It’s not in the cards this time. | 谈过了 这次不可能了 |
[26:19] | We’ve got the Phoenix debate next month. | 我们下个月有凤凰城的辩论 |
[26:21] | -If I were you, I would focus on– -She said no? Did she say why? | -如果我是你 我会专注于… -她拒绝了 她说原因了吗 |
[26:24] | Okay, well… | 好吧… |
[26:27] | She loves you, but the network is looking to showcase | 她很喜欢你 但电视网此时此刻 |
[26:30] | some other talents at this particular moment. | 想展示其他的人才 |
[26:32] | Okay, are they going with a different Black journalist? | 好吧 他们会用另一位黑人记者吗 |
[26:35] | A different gay journalist? | 另一位同性恋记者 |
[26:37] | -Hey. Good night. -Good night. | -嘿 晚安 -晚安 |
[26:41] | I actually don’t think it’s what you’re thinking. | 其实我觉得此事和你想象中不一样 |
[26:43] | Okay. So then what is it, then? | 好 那是什么原因 |
[26:46] | Stella doesn’t think you have enough of the “it” factor. | 斯黛拉觉得你的那种“特质”不够 |
[26:49] | -Enough of the “it” factor? -I probably shouldn’t be telling you this, | -“特质”不够 -我可能不该告诉你这个 |
[26:52] | but I think that Stella would prefer you think that she’s blind to your charms | 但我认为斯黛拉更愿意 让你认为她看不到你的魅力 |
[26:57] | than she’s a bigot. | 而不是认为她有偏见 |
[26:59] | A person could be blind to my charms because they are a bigot. | 她看不到我的魅力可能正是因为她有偏见 |
[27:03] | How’d you respond? | 你怎么回答她的 |
[27:06] | She knows I think she’s being ridiculous. | 她知道我认为她的行为很荒唐 |
[27:11] | Listen, Earl, don’t overcomplicate this. | 听着 厄尔 别把此事弄得过于复杂 |
[27:14] | All I need you to do is find out what stories Fred’s trying to plant, | 我只需要你查清弗雷德想要刊登什么文章 |
[27:17] | where he’s planting them, how he’s doing it, and if we can stop them. | 在哪刊登、怎么刊登 我们是否能阻止他 |
[27:20] | But nothing extrajudicial. | 但不要做任何违法的事 |
[27:22] | Yeah, okay. I’ll get back to you. | 是 好 我会答复你的 |
[27:51] | Bradley. | 布莱德莉 |
[27:52] | If it isn’t the pride of West Virginia and the 15th floor. | 这不是住在15层的 西弗吉尼亚州的骄傲吗 |
[27:55] | I don’t know who’s moderating. | 我不知道谁要主持辩论 |
[27:56] | I don’t mean to sound full of myself, but that’s beneath me now. | 我并不是想显得很自大 但此事现在不归我管 |
[27:58] | This isn’t about that. | 我不是为了那件事 |
[28:00] | -Can I come in? -Yeah, sure. | -我能进来吗 -当然 |
[28:07] | Can I get you a drink? | 想喝点什么吗 |
[28:08] | No, I just wanna talk for a minute. | 不了 我就聊几句 |
[28:11] | Something wrong? | 出什么事了吗 |
[28:12] | No, no. | 没有… |
[28:16] | Are you gonna sit down? | 你能坐下吗 |
[28:19] | Okay. | 好 |
[28:25] | Look, I know that our friendship has suffered | 听着 我知道我们的友谊遭受了打击 |
[28:31] | over the last little bit with everything that’s happened, | 因为最近发生了这么多事 |
[28:34] | and I– I’m not okay with that. | 我觉得这样不行 |
[28:38] | And I hope that you’re not okay with that either. | 我希望你也觉得不行 |
[28:41] | No. No, I’m not. | 对 我觉得不行 |
[28:43] | But, hey, let’s consider the slate wiped clean. | 但是 嘿 我们可以当成是重新开始 |
[28:48] | -That’s it? -That’s it. It was that simple. | -就这样 -就这样 就这么简单 |
[28:51] | Well, I don’t want you to say that the slate is wiped clean | 我不想让你说重新开始 |
[28:54] | if the slate is not wiped clean, | 如果有些事情还没解决的话 |
[28:55] | because it sounds a little bit like you’re trying to shut me up. | 因为听起来有一点像是你想让我闭嘴 |
[28:58] | Bradley, I don’t know who’s moderating the fucking debate. | 布莱德莉 我真不知道 谁会主持这场该死的辩论 |
[29:01] | This is not about the debate, Cory. | 我不是找你谈辩论的事 科里 |
[29:02] | If you’re not gonna treat me like the CEO when you’re furious at me, | 如果你暴怒的时候不把我当成首席执行官 |
[29:05] | please don’t treat me like a CEO when you try to make up. | 那你试图和好时也别把我当成首席执行官 |
[29:07] | Okay, fine. I was pissed at you at New Year’s Eve. | 好吧 新年前夜我很生你的气 |
[29:10] | And I’ve been a little bit aggressive and abrasive towards you | 然后我一直对你有点凶、粗鲁 |
[29:13] | for the past six weeks. | 在过去的六个星期里 |
[29:14] | And I– I wanna apologize. | 我想道歉 |
[29:17] | And just because I’m abrasive | 我虽然粗鲁 |
[29:19] | doesn’t mean that I don’t care about our fucking friendship. | 但这并不意味着我不在乎我们的友谊 |
[29:25] | All right, that wasn’t any good. I– Let me just try that again. | 好吧 这效果一点都不好 再来一次 |
[29:29] | And don’t look at me like that when I’m trying to do this. | 我试图道歉时别用那种眼神看着我 |
[29:34] | I was not thrilled with you for the past month and a half. | 过去一个半月里 你令我感到不太开心 |
[29:37] | But I have come to realize that I haven’t been entirely fair about it. | 但我已经意识到 我这样是不太公平的 |
[29:42] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[29:43] | And I know that you’re the CEO and that my needs aren’t always… | 我知道你是首席执行官 并且我的需求并不总是… |
[29:49] | that you can’t have a direct line to all my needs and concerns, | 你不可能满足我的所有需求 解决我的所有问题 |
[29:52] | -’cause you’re juggling a lot. -I have been pretty good to you. | -因为你手头的事很多 -我一直待你不薄 |
[29:54] | But I did have a reason to be angry. I hope that’s not what you’re saying. | 但是我确实有生气的理由 希望你不是这个意思 |
[29:57] | -I am not saying that. Absolutely. -Can we just get the fuck over this, Cory? | -我当然不是这个意思 -我们能不能翻篇了 科里 |
[30:01] | Honestly. | 我说真的 |
[30:09] | Love is never being able to say you’re sorry. | 爱就是让人无法说抱歉 |
[30:12] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[30:15] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[30:19] | I really am sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[30:21] | Oh, fuck. | 该死 |
[30:28] | This is it. This is just all part of the Bradley Jackson ride, isn’t it? | 这就是布莱德莉杰克森 难以捉摸的特点之一 对不对 |
[30:33] | You know I’m never gonna be your enemy. | 你知道我永远不会成为你的敌人 |
[30:35] | I’m never going to let that happen. I only want what’s best for you. | 我永远不会以你为敌 我只想做对你有益的事 |
[30:38] | And for some inscrutable reason, you won’t just trust that that’s true. | 出于某种不可理解的原因 你就是不信 |
[30:41] | I’m not saying I didn’t do anything wrong. I did, and I’m sorry. | 我不是说我没有任何错误 我犯错了 我很抱歉 |
[30:44] | But I needed you to understand that I had my reasons. | 但我希望你明白 我有我的理由 |
[30:46] | And if you have an issue with me or with anybody in the future, | 如果将来你对我或任何人有意见 |
[30:50] | if you could just try to see your way to not assume the worst from me. | 希望你能试着不要把我往最坏的方面想 |
[30:53] | To not channel whatever it is that you’re feeling through that | 不要把什么感受都… |
[30:56] | beautiful little anger prism that lives in your heart and makes you so exciting, | 用你心中美丽的愤怒小棱镜过滤 让自己非常激动 |
[30:59] | and know that I am there to help you solve, | 要知道我会帮你解决 |
[31:02] | or at least help you get through any problems. | 或至少帮你解决任何问题 |
[31:07] | I’m on your side. | 我是站在你这边的 |
[31:10] | Always. | 永远都是 |
[31:15] | Besides, I’m too old to have enemies. | 而且我太老了 不能再树敌了 |
[31:17] | It’s weird when you’re 51 years old and you got enemies. So… | 51岁还树敌真是奇怪 所以… |
[31:21] | Anger wasn’t really what I was feeling. | 我的感受其实不是愤怒 |
[31:25] | Anger is just what I know what to do with. | 我只是知道如何处理愤怒这种情绪而已 |
[31:28] | But hurt… | 但是伤心… |
[31:32] | And you didn’t even do anything, specifically, | 你甚至没有做任何具体的事 |
[31:33] | it just hurt because it was you. | 我伤心仅仅因为是你 |
[31:57] | As far as moderator goes– | 至于辩论主持人… |
[31:58] | -Oh, gosh, don’t– -No, I love that you want it. | -天啊 别… -不 我很欣赏你想当主持人 |
[32:00] | But a lot of people want it, and Alex just came back. | 但很多人都想当 而艾丽克丝刚刚回归 |
[32:02] | She made a splashy return, so that’s probably gonna happen. | 回归吸引了很多眼球 所以可能会让她去主持辩论 |
[32:05] | And I don’t see using two straight white women. | 我不会用两个白人异性恋女性的 |
[32:10] | Thank you for telling me. | 谢谢你告诉我 |
[32:12] | And I really– I really appreciate everything you just said. | 我真的很感激你刚刚说的一切 |
[32:21] | Well, you know where I live. | 你知道我住哪里 |
[32:27] | I do. | 是的 |
[32:38] | -Did you call? -No, I didn’t. | -你打电话了 -没有 |
[32:40] | I was excited to tell you what happened. And you said you weren’t doing anything. | 我很兴奋 想告诉你发生了什么 而且你说你刚好有空 |
[32:43] | Well, then it’s a good thing I was telling the truth. | 看来我说真话是件好事 |
[32:47] | -Drink? -No, I’m good. | -喝酒吗 -不了 |
[32:50] | But I wanted to tell you I took your advice, | 但我想告诉你 我听了你的建议 |
[32:51] | and it went really well. | 很顺利 |
[32:54] | It did? You’re getting the debate? | 是吗 你要主持辩论了 |
[32:56] | No, but we made up. Like, we actually made up. | 不 但我们和好了 真的和好了 |
[33:00] | -Well, that’s good. -Yeah, it’s good. | -那是好事啊 -是好事 |
[33:02] | And we didn’t even really talk about the debate. | 我们都没怎么聊辩论的事 |
[33:05] | He– You know, he knew I was there to work him, | 他知道我是去说服他的 |
[33:08] | but he didn’t really rake me over the coals about it. | 但他并没有严厉批评我 |
[33:10] | And he offered a little context, but I didn’t pursue it | 他说了一点原因 但是我没有追问 |
[33:13] | because I didn’t want to ruin everything with work. | 因为我不想因为工作把一切都搞砸 |
[33:15] | But I get it. | 但是我明白 |
[33:17] | There’s a lot of factors at play, you know, business stuff, optics stuff, | 此事涉及很多因素 商业上的、公众舆论上的 |
[33:21] | and it make sense that Alex is gonna do it. | 让艾丽克丝来主持是合情合理的 |
[33:25] | You know, you can’t trot out two straight white women, | 你知道 不能同时用两个白人异性恋女性 |
[33:28] | especially if Bloomberg is gonna be up there. | 尤其是彭博也会去报道 |
[33:30] | You’re going to really need diversity to ask about stop and frisk. | 我们很需要多元化才能质疑 拦截搜身这样的政策 |
[33:35] | Bradley, you just called yourself straight. | 布莱德莉 你刚刚说自己是异性恋 |
[33:38] | Yeah, that’s because to most of the world, I am. | 对 因为对世界上大多数人来说 我是异性恋 |
[33:43] | And why is that exactly? | 为什么呢 |
[33:46] | Because most of the time I’m straight. | 因为我在大部分时间里是异性恋 |
[33:49] | Isn’t it sort of antiquated to try and nail this thing down so firmly? | 用一个标签把一个人定义得死死的 这有点过时了吧 |
[33:53] | Isn’t sexually fluid a thing? | 性取向不是会随时变化的吗 |
[33:56] | Is that what you’re saying you are? | 你是说你是这样的吗 |
[33:59] | No, I’m not saying I’m anything. | 不 我没说自己属于任何一类 |
[34:01] | I don’t define every single thing I do. I’m a sexual person. | 我不会给自己的每一个行为下定义 我是个很有“性”趣的人 |
[34:04] | I once had a three-way with two men. Does that make me a– | 我有一次和两个男人同时上床 那就能说我是一个… |
[34:08] | A slut? | 荡妇 |
[34:11] | This is not funny. | 这一点不好笑 |
[34:13] | Well… it’s not funny to me, either. | 这…我也觉得不好笑 |
[34:16] | Then why are you laughing? | 那你为什么笑 |
[34:18] | Because I am amazed that you have it so easy and you make it so hard. | 因为我惊讶的是 你把轻而易举就能做成的事弄得很困难 |
[34:21] | I have it easy? | 轻而易举 |
[34:23] | What am I supposed to do, go into Stella’s office and say, | 我该怎么做 去斯黛拉的办公室里说 |
[34:25] | “I’m a gay bisexual type. I want the debate. Now.” | “我是同性恋、双性恋 我现在就要当辩论主持人” |
[34:29] | We’re talking about a situation | 我们现在说的情况 |
[34:31] | where you being different can work to your advantage now. | 是当下 你的与众不同可以为你带来优势 |
[34:34] | I kept my private life to myself because I had to. | 我之前隐瞒自己的私生活 是因为我别无选择 |
[34:38] | It was 1997, and it was painful. | 当时是1997年 我很痛苦 |
[34:41] | And it sucked. | 那感觉糟透了 |
[34:43] | But I slowly, quietly tried to live a life that was more truthful. | 但我慢慢地、静静地 试图去过更加真实的生活 |
[34:48] | Not with the world, but with my inner circle. | 不是说昭告天下 而是在身边可信的圈子里 |
[34:51] | But people talk. | 但没有不透风的墙 |
[34:52] | They’re fascinated by who’s gay and who’s not for some fucking reason. | 不知出于什么原因 人们总是痴迷于猜测 谁是同性恋、谁不是 |
[34:56] | Next thing I know, YDA is handing me my walking papers. | 没过多久 《美国日间秀》就把我开除了 |
[34:59] | -They fired you? -Of course they did. | -他们把你炒了 -当然了 |
[35:01] | Why would I have quit that job at that point in my career? | 我为什么要在事业巅峰时刻辞职呢 |
[35:06] | I mean, it wasn’t explicit. They didn’t literally hand me a pink slip. | 没有挑明 他们没有真的给我发辞退通知 |
[35:12] | But when you’re not wanted, people find a way of letting you know. | 但他们不想要你的时候 总会有办法让你知道的 |
[35:17] | And, I don’t know, | 我也不知道 |
[35:19] | I have to tell you there is something inside me | 我得跟你说 我心中有种感觉 |
[35:22] | that wants to resent you for not being grateful for this. | 想痛恨你对这种现状不知感恩 |
[35:27] | I see someone who is walking the same path, | 我看到的是有人在走我的老路 |
[35:30] | honestly, a path I helped lay. | 说实话 是我一手促成的 |
[35:34] | And it’s a little annoying, and I’m envious. That’s it. | 这有点令人恼火 而我很羡慕 就是这样 |
[35:40] | I lost a job for being gay. You should embrace it. | 我因为自己是同性恋丢过一份工作 你应该接受自己 |
[35:44] | I mean, it’s not like you would be lying. | 你又不是在说谎 |
[35:48] | I’m just not interested in using my identity like that. | 我只是不想那样使用自己的身份 |
[35:52] | I’m just not. | 我就是不想 |
[35:53] | You’re not interested in it– it being your identity. | 你是不希望它成为你的身份 |
[35:57] | But you don’t seem to mind… | 但你似乎不介意 |
[35:59] | identifying yourself as a Southerner. | 自己的南方身份 |
[36:03] | What do you mean by that? | 此话怎讲 |
[36:05] | I think you grew up in a part of the country | 我认为你从小长大的那个地区 |
[36:08] | that didn’t accept people like me and possibly you. | 不接受我这样的人 可能也不接受你 |
[36:11] | And I think that you are repressed, if you want my honest opinion. | 如果问我的真实想法 我会说你受到了压抑 |
[36:17] | You know, this was a mistake. | 这是个错误 |
[36:20] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[36:22] | -Go live in your delusional world– -I’m not delusional, Laura. | -去生活在你的妄想世界里吧 -我才没妄想 劳拉 |
[36:24] | And I’m not a country bumpkin, and I’m not fucking repressed. | 而且我不是乡巴佬 我也没有受到压抑 |
[36:36] | -You’re gonna have to pay for that. -Well, you better start a tab. | -这你得赔偿 -那你最好开始记账 |
[36:39] | ‘Cause I’m gonna be breaking a lot of shit around here. I’m not repressed. | 因为我会在这里打破很多东西 我没有受到压抑 |
[36:42] | I guess you’ll have to find some other woman’s vases to break then. | 我想你得去找其他女人的花瓶来打破了 |
[36:46] | Fine. I’ll start now. | 好 我这就去 |
[37:11] | How you feeling? | 你感觉如何 |
[37:12] | Like I’m about to eat shit for reasons I don’t understand. | 感觉马上要吃屎了 原因我不明白 |
[37:16] | And you? | 你呢 |
[37:17] | Like I’m always eating shit for reasons I don’t understand. | 一直在吃屎 原因我不明白 |
[37:20] | At least you’re not being accused of being racist. | 至少没人指控你是种族主义者 |
[37:22] | I mean, I don’t think I’ve used that phrase, “spirit animal,” | 我觉得我之前没用过“灵兽”那个词 |
[37:25] | before, like, a week ago. | 我指的是一周前 |
[37:26] | I thought that was just something people said. | 我以为那只是人们常说的词 |
[37:28] | People are so caught up in their own nonsense. | 人们都沉浸在自己的胡言乱语中 |
[37:30] | It takes up so much space in their head. | 这几乎占据了他们的全部思想 |
[37:32] | There’s no room for anyone else unless they put ’em in these little boxes. | 容不下任何人 除非你将人分门别类地装进小盒子 |
[37:35] | I get it. But what I don’t understand is how’d they decide which box I belonged in? | 我明白 但我不明白的是 他们是如何决定我属于哪个盒子的 |
[37:39] | That’s the thing that’s tying my brain in this Gordian knot. | 这就是我怎么也想不通的地方 |
[37:42] | Like, how did I become Daniel, the guy without the “it” factor? | 我是如何成为 丹尼尔这个没有“特质”之人的 |
[37:46] | Back in 30 seconds, people. | 30秒后回来 各位 |
[37:49] | Well, I wish I could help, | 我希望能帮到你 |
[37:50] | but just about that time for Yanko, the racially insensitive Cuban weatherman, | 但是时间到了 对种族问题不敏感的 古巴裔天气预报员杨科 |
[37:53] | to eat that shit. | 该吃屎了 |
[38:02] | Stand by, 1. | 一号待命 |
[38:04] | Take it, 1. | 切到一号 |
[38:05] | Vermont senator Bernie Sanders… | 佛蒙特州参议员伯尼桑德斯… |
[38:07] | Mia, I have no clue why he called me, | 米娅 我不知道他为什么给我打电话 |
[38:11] | but Bernadette Peters’s agent just told me she’s not gonna make it in time. | 但伯纳黛特彼得斯的经纪人告诉我说 她无法及时赶来 |
[38:16] | So much for special surprises. | 真是惊喜连连啊 |
[38:17] | Okay, let’s just get a surprise at least. | 好吧 那我们 至少要找一位意想不到的嘉宾 |
[38:20] | Talk to Matt. Try to wrangle somebody who’s already in the building. | 去找马特 看看能否从楼里找个人 |
[38:23] | -He’ll know who’s here this early. Hurry. -Got it. Got it. Okay. | -他知道谁会这么早来这里 快 -明白…好 |
[38:26] | What happened to COVID-18? | COVID-18怎么了 |
[38:28] | Hey, so Bullard is pre-taping right now upstairs with Stern. | 嘿 布拉德在楼上和斯特恩提前录音 |
[38:34] | -Shit. Yes. Brilliant. Yeah. -Okay. Yeah. It’s on 8. | -太好了 好极了 -好的 对 在八层楼 |
[38:37] | -Thank you. -Okay. | -谢谢 -好 |
[38:39] | -What you doing? -Vermont senator… | -你干什么 -佛蒙特参议员… |
[38:40] | I was telling her Bullard’s doing a pre-tape with Stern. | 我告诉她布拉德在和斯特恩提前录音 |
[38:43] | Howard was talking about it last week, so… | 霍华德上周说过 所以… |
[38:44] | Don’t undermine me with my staff. | 别在我手下人面前动摇我的权威 |
[38:47] | -…coverage tonight on UBA Evening News. -I was trying to help. | -请收看UBA晚间新闻报道 -我是想帮忙 |
[38:50] | Then don’t fucking undermine my authority. | 别动摇我的权威 |
[38:52] | Do you not want me here? | 你不想让我待在这里吗 |
[38:53] | …illness caused by the novel coronavirus that’s making its way across the globe. | 新型冠状病毒引起的疾病 正在全球范围传播 |
[38:58] | COVID-19 is what they’re calling it. | 他们称之为COVID-19 |
[39:01] | And that’s your update for today in the eight o’clock hour. | 以上就是今天8点的最新消息 |
[39:05] | Everything okay? | 一切都好吗 |
[39:06] | …135 people quarantined on the Diamond Princess. | 135人在钻石公主号上被隔离 |
[39:09] | Hunky dory. | 好极了 |
[39:10] | -Not the vacation people had in mind… -Just need a new special guest. | -这和人们想象中的假期不太一样 -只是需要一位特别嘉宾 |
[39:13] | Absolutely not. No. | 完全不一样 没错 |
[39:14] | Before we move on, you wanted to say something, Yanko? | 继续下面的节目之前 杨科 你有事要说 |
[39:18] | Yes, I do. I do. So, back on Groundhog Day | 是的 我有 在土拨鼠日那天 |
[39:22] | I flippantly used the term “spirit animal” | 我轻率地使用了“灵兽”这个词 |
[39:25] | to describe how I felt about Punxsutawney Phil, the groundhog. | 来描述我对土拨鼠菲尔的感受 |
[39:28] | And since then, it’s been brought to my attention that, | 自那以后 我注意到 |
[39:33] | as somebody without any Native American heritage, | 作为一个和美国原住民 没有任何血缘关系的人 |
[39:36] | that for me to use that term, | 我用那个词 |
[39:38] | that it might be considered insensitive, | 可能会被认为是麻木不仁的 |
[39:40] | -as it misappropriates… -Of course he said “might be.” Fuck. | -因为这挪用了… -当然了 他说“可能” 见鬼 |
[39:42] | …what many Native Americans, hold to be sacred, | 很多美国原住民视为神圣的词 |
[39:45] | culturally and spiritually. | 文化上和精神上都是 |
[39:47] | Those who know me best, which I hope includes our regular viewers, | 最了解我的观众们 我希望这包括常看我们节目的朋友 |
[39:51] | know that I– I’d never say something that– | 会知道我永远不会说 |
[39:53] | to intentionally make light of another culture, | 故意对另一种文化不敬 |
[39:56] | and it pains me to know that… | 我痛心地得知 |
[39:58] | -That’s not gonna make #YankYanko go away. -…some of you… | -这不会让#山龟杨科这个话题降温的 -有些观众… |
[40:01] | You’re done going easy on your weatherman. | 你不能再对天气预报员留情了 |
[40:02] | -And for that I sincerely apologize. -I’m using your office. | -为此 我真诚地道歉 -我要用你的办公室 |
[40:05] | And I will continue to try to learn and do better. | 我会继续努力学习、进步 |
[40:11] | -Hey. Good morning, Cory. -All right. | -嗨 早上好 科里 -好 |
[40:13] | So where do we stand on the moderators? | 主持人的事怎么样了 |
[40:15] | -This has to get done today. -Eric’s a go. | -今天必须决定 -埃里克是一位 |
[40:17] | So is Deena Pham from the Alt Weekly for the local angle. | 还有《每周另类秀》的蒂娜范 她能提供地方视角 |
[40:20] | -And? -I’m leading with what I know. | -还有呢 -我先说了我知道的 |
[40:22] | If you’re asking about Alex, she won’t do it. | 如果你问艾丽克丝 她不肯去 |
[40:24] | I mean, I’ll say it again, Noorean. | 我会再说一次 诺琳 |
[40:27] | But if that doesn’t do it for you, there’s Daniel, Roger, Bradley. | 但如果你觉得不行 还有丹尼尔、罗杰、布莱德莉 |
[40:31] | They’ve all made it clear that they’d kill for it. | 他们都明确表示非常想主持辩论 |
[40:34] | Jesus. God. | 我的天啊 |
[40:37] | All I am trying to do is get us to mid-March in one fucking piece | 我只是想让电视网活到3月中旬 |
[40:41] | so we can launch this streaming service, which the world is mad about, | 好让我们的流媒体服务上线 这正是让全世界不爽之处 |
[40:44] | like we’re gonna force-feed them content to make human foie gras. | 就好像我们会强迫他们收看一样 |
[40:47] | So if I can’t count on you to do this, why did I give you the job? | 所以如果这件事我都指望不上你 我为什么要给你这份工作 |
[40:51] | You didn’t have to sell us your company. You chose this shit. This is the job. | 你不必把你的公司卖给我们 这是你选的 这就是你的工作 |
[40:56] | You know, I’ve been wondering the same thing myself. | 我自己也一直在想这件事 |
[40:59] | Why did you bring me on? | 你为什么聘请我 |
[41:01] | What was the point if you weren’t gonna listen to anything I say? | 既然我说什么你都不听 这有什么意义呢 |
[41:03] | So you can parade an Asian woman around | 这样你能带一位亚裔女性招摇过市 |
[41:05] | and get the social capital from pretending you cared? | 从假装关心中获得社会资本 |
[41:08] | Don’t just pay lip service to empowering me. | 不要光是嘴上说说要给我赋权 |
[41:10] | Either really do it or let me walk. | 要么真的给我实权 要么让我走人 |
[41:12] | Alex was never my choice for anything. If that’s who you want, do it yourself. | 我在任何事上都不会选艾丽克丝的 如果你想选她 你自己去选吧 |
[41:16] | You are underestimating me, and you’re underestimating Alex. | 你低估了我 你也低估了艾丽克丝 |
[41:19] | So cut that shit. Talent is talent. | 所以别不理智 人才就是人才 |
[41:23] | And understanding that is an executive’s only talent. | 理解这一点是高管唯一的才能 |
[41:26] | Generational talents on multi-year contracts | 想要找到愿意签订多年合同的旷世奇才 |
[41:28] | who happen to meet your exacting standards, good fucking luck. | 还刚好满足你严苛的标准 祝你好运吧 |
[41:31] | So make this work now or don’t. | 要么立刻把此事办妥 要么别办 |
[41:36] | And see who you’re spiting. | 看清楚你是在怨恨谁 |
[41:37] | Got it. Everything done the same by a young, Asian woman equals different. | 明白了 年轻亚裔女性 所做的一切相同的事都等于不同 |
[41:50] | Shit. | 该死 |
[41:56] | What? | 什么 |
[42:06] | -Yeah? -It’s Earl. | -喂 -我是厄尔 |
[42:08] | Well, that was quick. | 动作很快嘛 |
[42:09] | Didn’t take long to see the genie wasn’t going back in to retract the stories. | 我没用多久就发现文章撤不回了 |
[42:13] | Just too many blogs, sites, papers, whatever. | 太多博客、网站、报纸什么的了 |
[42:16] | It won’t be the Times, but someone will publish. | 不会是《纽约时报》 但会有人刊登的 |
[42:19] | People are rotten. It’s why I have a business. | 人心险恶 所以我才有生意可做 |
[42:21] | Only thing I can see doing, the extrajudicial being off the table, | 既然法律之外的解决方法不可行 我觉得唯一可行的方法 |
[42:24] | is go directly to Fred, | 就是直接找弗雷德 |
[42:25] | which you didn’t want me to do, correct? | 你不让我去找 对吗 |
[42:27] | Yeah. Thanks. | 对 谢谢 |
[42:38] | I’m looking forward to The Twist. | 我很期待《转折》 |
[42:52] | -Hey, you. -Hey. | -你好 -嗨 |
[42:53] | -How you doing? -Good. Good. | -你怎么样 -很好… |
[42:54] | -How are you? -Good, good. | -你好吗 -很好… |
[42:56] | -Just getting through the show. -Yeah. | -就是录节目而已 -是 |
[42:59] | With a lot of “Welcome back, Alex” over the top, but… | 听了太多次“欢迎艾丽克丝回归” 但… |
[43:02] | It’s gotta be a lot. And then the debate prep is… That’s– | 一定很多 然后准备辩论的事… |
[43:06] | Oh, yeah. No, I’m– I’m not doing the debate. | 对 不 我不去主持辩论 |
[43:09] | -What do you mean? You turned it down? -I’m not doing it. I did. | -什么意思 你拒绝了 -我不去 对 |
[43:12] | And listen, if you want to do it, | 听着 如果你想去 |
[43:15] | I would throw yourself at it right now because she’s like a dog with a bone. Sh– | 就要全力争取 因为她很固执 她… |
[43:19] | Alex, you’re up in a minute. | 艾丽克丝 一分钟后出镜 |
[43:22] | -To be continued. -Okay. | -未完待续 -好 |
[43:28] | Gayle. Yeah, is Stella still here? | 盖尔 是 斯黛拉还在吗 |
[43:30] | I saw her a minute ago. | 我刚刚看见她了 |
[43:32] | -How much longer do I have? -About six minutes. Why? | -我还有多长时间 -大约六分钟 怎么了 |
[43:35] | I’ll be right back. | 我去去就回 |
[43:37] | Okay, we’re back in seven seconds. | 好 七秒后回来 |
[43:40] | What’s the pianist doing? Bernadette’s not here. We killed the song. | 钢琴家在做什么 伯纳黛特不在 我们把这首曲子取消了 |
[43:42] | Camera 2. | 二号机 |
[43:46] | And we are so happy to have Alex back, | 艾丽克丝回归 我们太高兴了 |
[43:48] | as you can tell from all the great guests we’ve had already this week. | 大家一定都能看出来 因为我们这周 已经请来了这么多了不起的嘉宾 |
[43:52] | -Daniel, what are you doing? -You know… | -丹尼尔 你在干什么 -你们知道 |
[43:54] | -Get back on script. -…it’s an interesting time in America. | -按稿子来 -美国正处于一个万众瞩目的时期 |
[43:59] | -What the hell is happening? -We, the people, | -到底怎么回事 -我们这些人民 |
[44:00] | are asking tough questions. | 正在提出尖锐的问题 |
[44:02] | -The fuck? -Our candidates… | -搞什么 -我们的候选人 |
[44:04] | -Isabella? -I had Howard Stern. | -伊莎贝拉 -我请到了霍华德斯特恩 |
[44:06] | And we’re just all looking to live… | 我们都期待着… |
[44:08] | -Stick with it. Stick with it. -Stick with it. | -继续录… -继续录 |
[44:11] | And when I think of the American dream… | 当我想到美国梦时 |
[44:16] | I think of one person in particular. | 我会想到一个特别的人 |
[44:22] | And so this song is in her honor. | 这首歌是献给她的 |
[44:29] | I don’t see copy for this. | 我没看到这段稿子 |
[44:32] | Far We’ve been traveling far | 远方 我们曾去过远方 |
[44:37] | Good God. | 老天啊 |
[44:38] | Without a home | 没有家园 |
[44:40] | -Is this normal? -No. | -这正常吗 -不 |
[44:42] | But not without a star | 但是我们有一颗星星 |
[44:46] | Free Only want to be free | 自由 我们只想要自由 |
[44:52] | We huddle close | 我们紧密团结 |
[44:56] | Hang on to a dream | 拥抱梦想 |
[45:02] | On the boats and on the planes | 人们搭乘船只和飞机 |
[45:05] | They’re comin’ to America | 来到美国 |
[45:08] | Stella. Hey. | 斯黛拉 嗨 |
[45:12] | I have something to say. | 我有话要说 |
[45:14] | Can you talk in my dressing room? | 你能来我的更衣室里聊吗 |
[45:16] | It won’t take long. I have to be back on air in a minute. | 不会很久的 我马上就要回去直播 |
[45:19] | -Sure. What the hell. -Great. | -好 管它呢 -太好了 |
[45:23] | Yeah. | 好 |
[45:25] | So… | 是这样… |
[45:29] | -I want to talk to you about the debate. -Oh, Christ. | -我想和你谈辩论的事 -天啊 |
[45:31] | Look, I know everybody is coming at you, and I don’t need to come at you too. | 听着 我知道所有人都在烦扰你 我不应该也来烦你 |
[45:34] | And I’m not gonna argue my political acumen | 我不会去证明我的政治敏锐性 |
[45:38] | or my intellectual merits or any of that bullshit. | 或是我聪慧过人 这些都是废话 |
[45:41] | Quite frankly, I know that you want Alex to moderate the debate, | 说实话 我知道你想让艾丽克丝主持辩论 |
[45:44] | and I respect that, and I think she would be great. | 我尊重你的想法 我认为她会主持得很出色 |
[45:47] | However, I think that I can offer | 但是我认为我可以带来 |
[45:50] | a perspective that Alex doesn’t and that Eric doesn’t. | 艾丽克丝和埃里克都没有的视角 |
[45:54] | And… this is just something I barely acknowledge about myself | 这是我自己都几乎不会承认的一个方面 |
[45:59] | because, quite honestly, I just don’t know how I feel about it. | 因为老实说 我不知道自己对其作何感想 |
[46:06] | But I want to be truthful. | 但我想实话实说 |
[46:17] | I’m… | 我是… |
[46:23] | I’m… | 我是… |
[46:29] | from a Southern, conservative family. | 来自南方的一个保守家庭 |
[46:35] | And I think it would be more inclusive if I asked questions | 我觉得这样更有包容性 我提出的问题 |
[46:39] | from the background of a person who comes from a… | 是来自一个背景是… |
[46:45] | conservative, Southern background, | 南方的保守家庭 |
[46:47] | I mean, you know, questions they might ask. | 我的意思是 他们可能会问的某些问题 |
[46:49] | Today | 今天 |
[46:52] | -Yeah! -Yeah! | -好耶 -好耶 |
[46:53] | Today, today | 今天… |
[46:57] | Today | 今天 |
[46:58] | Today | 今天 |
[47:01] | Today | 今天 |
[47:04] | My country ’tis of thee | 我的祖国属于你 |
[47:08] | Sweet land of liberty | 美好的自由之地 |
[47:14] | Of thee I sing | 我歌唱你 |
[47:16] | We should– We should take him out for a drink later. | 我们应该稍后带他去喝一杯 |
[47:18] | Of thee I sing | 我歌唱你 |
[47:21] | Today | 今天 |
[47:25] | Today | 今天 |
[47:35] | -Stella. -Yeah? What’s up? | -斯黛拉 -是 怎么了 |
[47:36] | I sent Unilever yesterday’s TMS overnight. | 我连夜把昨天的《The Morning Show》 发给了联合利华 |
[47:39] | -Uh-huh. -They just made a huge buy for Dove. | -好的 -他们给多芬花了一大笔钱买广告 |
[47:41] | They hadn’t bought since before Alex left. | 自艾丽克丝离开后 他们就一直没买过 |
[47:43] | Wow. That’s– Glad to hear it. | 哇 那太好了 |
[47:45] | Big week for us. Is that Daniel singing? | 我们这周很成功 那是丹尼尔在唱歌 |
[47:47] | But seriously, it’s gonna be the best February sweeps since I’ve been here. | 但是说真的 这会是我来到这里之后 2月收视率调查结果最好的一次 |
[47:51] | I think we’ll get CPM up to 30% for the foreseeable, thanks to Alex. | 我觉得在可预见的情况下 千人成本能提高到30% 多亏了艾丽克丝 |
[47:55] | Thanks to you. | 也多亏了你 |
[47:56] | Swing by later. | 一会儿来一下吧 |
[47:58] | -I’ll show you the numbers. -Okay, cool. | -我来给你看具体数字 -好的 |
[48:02] | Today | 今天 |
[48:08] | Today! | 就在今天 |
[48:11] | Three, give me Daniel. Take 3. Four, wide. Take it, 4. | 三号机 拍丹尼尔 切到三号 四号机拍全景 切到四号 |
[48:20] | God! | 天啊 |
[48:22] | -Cut to Alex. Cut to Alex. -Wow! What? | -切到艾丽克丝… -哇 什么 |
[48:26] | Oh, my gosh! | 我的天 |
[48:28] | -Here comes Alex. Two, get her. -What on earth just happened? | -艾丽克丝来了 二号机 拍她 -刚才到底发生了什么 |
[48:32] | -Daniel! Oh, my God! Daniel! -For you, Alex. | -丹尼尔 天啊 丹尼尔 -献给你 艾丽克丝 |
[48:35] | -Nice job. Stay with her. -That was incredible! | -很好 跟着她拍 -太不可思议了 |
[48:38] | -Thank you for that. -Welcome back. | -谢谢你 -欢迎回来 |
[48:40] | So sweet. | 太贴心了 |
[48:43] | I mean, God, I knew you had a voice, but that was– | 天啊 我知道你歌喉不错 但刚才的歌… |
[48:47] | Oh, my gosh. Are you– Bradley? Yanko? | 天啊 你…布莱德莉、杨科 |
[48:52] | -Hey, great show. -Thanks, man. | -嘿 节目不错 -谢谢 哥们 |
[48:58] | What the fuck was that, Bojangles? | 刚才那算什么 哗众取宠吗 |
[49:28] | Yeah! | 请进 |
[49:31] | Oh, my God. Stella, why are you doing this? | 天啊 斯黛拉 你为什么还不放弃 |
[49:34] | I’m giving you the answer that you want. I’m gonna tell Cory you tried. I promise. | 我会给你想要的答案 我会告诉科里你努力过了 我保证 |
[49:39] | Alex, I know you have way more experience than I do, | 艾丽克丝 我知道你的阅历比我丰富得多 |
[49:41] | but you don’t know what I want. | 但你不知道我想要什么 |
[49:43] | Because what I want in its broadest terms has very little to do with you. | 因为我在广播业中想要的东西 基本和你无关 |
[49:47] | What I want is to change things here. | 我想在这里做出改变 |
[49:50] | Put yourself in my shoes. Alex. Alex, look at me. | 站在我的角度想想 艾丽克丝…看着我 |
[49:54] | Yes. | 好 |
[49:55] | If you were me, wouldn’t you want to start fresh? | 如果你是我 难道你不想从头开始吗 |
[49:58] | -I suppose I would. -Okay. | -我想我会的 -好 |
[50:00] | I think we would all love to start fresh, but we don’t all have that opportunity. | 我认为我们都想从头开始 但我们并非都有这种机会 |
[50:03] | -Right. -I am what I am. | -对 -我就是我 |
[50:05] | All right. Here it is. | 好吗 就在这里 |
[50:07] | I’m young. I get it. | 我还年轻 我明白 |
[50:08] | -I’d be annoyed by me too, if I were you– -No, no, no, no. | -我也会觉得自己很烦 如果我是你… -不… |
[50:10] | No, that’s not why I’m saying no. Don’t– Don’t even– | 不 我不是因此说不 不要…千万别… |
[50:14] | -Okay, just hear me out. -Yes, okay. | -好吧 听我说 -好的 |
[50:16] | This place was a rotten mess, and you were living in it for 15 years. | 这地方乱成一团 而你在这里工作了15年 |
[50:20] | I said it was a rotten mess. I said it. | 我说过这里乱成一团 我说过 |
[50:23] | I know I shouldn’t lump you into the rotten mess, | 我知道我不该把你放进乱成一团的地方 |
[50:25] | because you tried to change it. You tried. | 因为你曾试图改变这里 你努力过 |
[50:27] | -Yes. -That’s the same thing I want. | -是的 -这也是我想要的 |
[50:28] | You tried. But the jury’s still out as to whether or not you’ve succeeded. | 你努力过了 但你是否成功还没有定论 |
[50:32] | And I’m here as a result. | 结果就是我来了 |
[50:34] | -I’m sorry about that. -Excuse me. | -对此我很抱歉 -不好意思 |
[50:35] | Wow. Yes. Yes. | 哇 是啊… |
[50:37] | And I’m 33. | 我今年33岁 |
[50:39] | And, you know, I don’t know the things I don’t know. | 我不懂的事情就是不懂 |
[50:41] | I know that. But I do know some things that other people don’t know, | 这我清楚 但我确实知道一些其他人不知道的事 |
[50:46] | and other people don’t always want to know that. | 而其他人并不总是想要了解这一点 |
[50:48] | -You know what I mean? -I do. Yep. No, I do. I do. | -明白我的意思吗 -明白 对 明白… |
[50:52] | I know you don’t want to or need to do this debate, | 我知道你不想或是不需要主持这次辩论 |
[50:54] | but I want you to do it. | 但我希望你主持 |
[50:56] | And the reason why is because of exactly | 其原因正是 |
[50:57] | what you did nine months ago here that changed everything, | 你九个月前在这里做的事改变了一切 |
[51:00] | that brought me here in front of you asking you to do this. | 所以我现在才会站在你面前 请求你主持辩论 |
[51:03] | You earned a connection to the women of this country. | 你靠努力赢得了这个国家女性们的共鸣 |
[51:11] | I’m not… I’m not quite sure that that’s true. | 我觉得这个说法不一定对吧 |
[51:15] | It is. You mean something, Alex. | 是对的 你很有意义 艾丽克丝 |
[51:17] | You do. As a leader, as a feminist. And I want you to be these things for me. | 真的 你是一个领导者、女权主义者 我希望你能为我拥有这些身份 |
[51:23] | And, by the way, if you’re looking for a brand, there it is. | 顺便一提 如果你在寻找自己的品牌 这就是了 |
[51:26] | I don’t know why you don’t want to take that mantle, | 我不知道你为什么不想接过这个衣钵 |
[51:29] | because nine months ago you opened a door, and you need to walk through it now. | 因为九个月前你打开了一扇门 你现在必须走过去 |
[51:34] | And we both know that. Okay? | 这你我都清楚 好吗 |
[51:38] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[51:40] | Anyway, it was a great show today. | 无论如何 今天的节目很精彩 |
[51:44] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[52:06] | Yeah. | 喂 |
[52:08] | Hey, the professor you so kindly got me the interview with, he just called. | 嗨 你好心帮我安排 接受采访的教授刚刚打来电话 |
[52:13] | He has coronavirus. | 他感染了新冠病毒 |
[52:16] | I was with him for a few hours. | 我和他共处了几小时 |
[52:19] | Now, I don’t know if I did get it, if I could have given it to you, | 我不知道自己是否感染 是否可能已经传染了你 |
[52:23] | but I was with you for a few hours in a car. | 但我和你在车里待了几小时 |
[52:25] | It’s totally crazy. It’s bad. | 太疯狂了 很糟糕 |
[52:28] | There are many cases, and it’s everywhere. | 现在病例很多 传得到处都是 |
[52:32] | Yeah. Fuck. | 是 该死 |
[52:34] | They are saying we have to quarantine. | 他们说我们必须隔离 |
[52:36] | And it’s a long time to spend alone. | 要独处很长时间 |
[52:42] | We could work on the documentary. | 我们可以制作纪录片 |
[52:45] | What do you think? | 你觉得呢 |
[53:05] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[53:08] | I know I have a lot of nerve showing up here. | 我知道我来这里是挺不要脸的 |
[53:13] | I got you this. | 我给你买了这个 |
[53:15] | It’s a gift card. $300. | 是一张300美元的礼品卡 |
[53:22] | I didn’t know what to– I– Look, I don’t know who I am. | 我不知道该…听着 我不知道自己是谁 |
[53:25] | I don’t– I know I’m a total pain in the ass, | 我不…我知道我是个非常令人讨厌的人 |
[53:28] | but I just– I want to tell you that | 但我…想告诉你 |
[53:30] | because I want you to know that I know that I am. | 因为我想让你知道 我对此有自知之明 |
[53:40] | Please. Please. | 求求你… |
[54:13] | I need a minute with Cybil, if I can get you to clear the room. | 我要和西比尔谈谈 请大家出去一下 |
[54:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢各位 |
[54:24] | Well, this is a new one on me. I can only imagine. | 对我来说这可是头一回 一定是很重要的事吧 |
[54:29] | I need your help. | 我需要你的帮助 |
[54:31] | Fred is planting nasty stories about Hannah Shoenfeld in the press. | 弗雷德想在媒体上刊登 抹黑汉娜肖恩菲尔德的文章 |
[54:35] | I mean, it’s gross. I don’t care if her father is suing us. | 很恶心 我不在乎她父亲是否要起诉我们 |
[54:39] | Frankly, I understand. I– | 老实说 我能理解 我… |
[54:41] | Look, I get it. Losing a child is… unimaginable pain. | 听着 我明白 失去一个孩子是无法想象的痛苦 |
[54:48] | But it is not our responsibility to make it okay for this poor guy. | 但安慰这个可怜的家伙不是我们的职责 |
[54:53] | And trust me, it won’t make it okay for him. | 相信我 我们也安慰不了他 |
[54:56] | Nothing will. So, what do you want me to do about it? | 什么都无法安慰他 所以你想让我如何处理此事 |
[54:59] | I want you to talk to Fred and tell him to kill the stories. | 我想让你去和弗雷德谈谈 让他不要发表文章 |
[55:02] | He’s not gonna listen to me, and you’re friends– | 他不会听我的话 而你们是朋友 |
[55:04] | That guy’s not my friend. | 那人才不是我朋友 |
[55:07] | The last time I talked to him, | 上一次我和他说话 |
[55:08] | he sat me down and told me that you were objectively the best business decision. | 他让我坐下来 然后告诉我说 客观地说 让你来是最好的商业决策 |
[55:12] | Now, I really don’t think so. | 现在我真的不这么认为 |
[55:15] | You let the talent walk all over you, if you can call Bradley Jackson talent, | 你让人才在你面前肆意妄为 如果布莱德莉杰克森算是人才的话 |
[55:19] | and you pushed us hard to pay out Fred | 你还强迫我们给弗雷德付钱 |
[55:22] | rather than have a truly independent investigation. | 而不是展开真正的独立调查 |
[55:26] | That brings up all sorts of questions. | 这就引起了各种各样的疑问 |
[55:30] | Questions I don’t need answered. | 我不想知道答案的疑问 |
[55:32] | This is a business, not a morality play. | 这是商业 不是一出道德剧 |
[55:35] | So don’t lay that trip on me. | 所以别想让我有愧疚感 |
[55:38] | If the stories he’s planting aren’t true, | 如果他要发表的文章说的不是真话 |
[55:40] | then the girl’s family will have a hell of a libel case on their hands. | 那女孩的家人一定会全力控告他诽谤 |
[55:44] | The fact that you showed up here rather than calling Fred directly | 你出现在这里而没有直接给弗雷德打电话 |
[55:48] | tells me everything I need to know about why Fred pushed so hard for you | 令我完全明白了为什么 弗雷德当时会为了你向我们强烈施压 |
[55:53] | when he clearly hated you with a passion. | 而他显然是非常讨厌你的 |
[55:57] | Two shitty peas in one shitty pod. | 你们是狼狈为奸 |
[56:00] | I guess it’s time to face the fact that actions have consequences, | 看来是时候认清事实了 任何行为都是有后果的 |
[56:04] | and I keep my temple clean. | 而我会保护公司的声誉 |
[56:06] | So whatever those consequences are is really none of my business. | 所以无论有什么后果 其实都与我无关 |
[56:16] | Give my regards to Fred. | 替我向弗雷德问好 |