时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:58] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[02:57] | What’s going on there, Levy? | 利维,你在那干嘛呢? |
[03:02] | I’m just thinking about the wildfires in California. | 我只是在想肆虐加利福尼亚的野火 |
[03:06] | Okay. As one does. | 好,很正常 |
[03:09] | We covered it a couple of years ago. | 几年前我们报道过加利福尼亚野火 |
[03:12] | And there was this woman. Oh, God, I remember her so clearly. | 当时有一个女人,天啊,她的样子我记忆犹新 |
[03:16] | She had this little backpack on, like a little kid’s backpack, | 她背着一个小背包,像是小孩的书包 |
[03:19] | and she clearly just lost her home and her car and everything. | 显然她刚刚失去了房子、车,所有一切 |
[03:24] | She was just wandering back and forth behind our cameras, | 她就在我们的摄影机后面走来走去 |
[03:28] | and you could just see she didn’t know what to do, | 能看出她无所适从、彷徨不知所措 |
[03:30] | and she had no idea where to go. | 也不知道自己改何去何从 |
[03:32] | Alex, we’re not burning anybody’s house down. | 艾丽克丝,我们不会烧毁他人的房子 |
[03:34] | Really? I mean, we kind of are. | 是吗?可我们做的事也差不多 |
[03:37] | We’re killing a company that has existed for 80 years. | 我们要毁掉一家已经存在了80年的公司 |
[03:41] | And I’m, like, standing there holding a match, you know? | 而我就是推波助澜的帮凶 |
[03:44] | Yeah. I could see if I was in your position, I might feel that way. | 是,我是你的话,也可能会有这种感觉 |
[03:47] | Yeah, but see, you’re not. | 是,但问题是,你不是我 |
[03:49] | This company gave me my career. | 我的事业是这家公司给的 |
[03:52] | Wait a m– No. No, this company gave you a job. | 等一…不对…你的工作是这家公司给的 |
[03:58] | You– You made that into something else. | 是你…成就了自己的事业 |
[04:05] | Okay. It’s just moving– | 好吧,只是一切都发展… |
[04:06] | – It’s just moving really, really fast. – Yeah, I know. | – 只是一切都发展得太快了 – 是,我知道 |
[04:11] | And I wish we could slow it down, but we do not have that luxury. | 我也希望能放慢脚步,但时间不允许 |
[04:16] | And I know the secrecy of it is not ideal. | 而且我知道这个计划的保密工作并不理想 |
[04:20] | I just feel like I’ve failed, you know? ‘Cause otherwise this– | 我只是觉得是我没做好,因为不然的话… |
[04:23] | – None of this would be happening. – Okay, sure. Yeah, | – 这些都不会发生 – 好,对,是的 |
[04:25] | you can look at it that way. Sure. You can tell yourself that, | 你可以这么想,没问题,你可以这样告诉自己 |
[04:29] | or you could look at this as an opportunity | 或者你可以把这看作一个机会 |
[04:32] | to create something that will survive into the future. | 创造一个能存活并延续到未来的公司 |
[04:37] | You wanna run your own studio? | 你想经营自己的演播室吗? |
[04:39] | Run your own studio. | 经营属于你的演播室 |
[04:40] | Bring Mia, bring Bradley, bring Chris. Bring ’em all. | 把米娅、布莱德莉、克里斯带过来,让她们都加入 |
[04:45] | This is a chance to create something new, something better. | 这是一个创造崭新、更好未来的机会 |
[04:51] | But you have to really, really want it. | 但你得迫切想要 |
[04:59] | Do you? | 你迫切想要吗? |
[05:05] | Wow, you’ve been with Hyperion since the beginning. | 天啊,你真是超越者的元老 |
[05:07] | You were really part of making that company happen. | 这家公司有今天的成就,你真是功不可没 |
[05:11] | I’m also wondering, you know, working for a visionary like Paul Marks, | 我还想知道,为保罗马科思,这样的愿景家工作 |
[05:16] | it must have been a really difficult decision to leave. | 你做出离职的决定肯定不容易 |
[05:19] | Yeah, well, it was time to move on. | 是的,不过是时候换换工作了 |
[05:22] | You know, over a third of the engineers that worked on Hyperion Two | 自3月份以来,有三分之一,研发超越者2号的工程师 |
[05:25] | have left since March. | 都离职了 |
[05:27] | That’s a lot of people. | 这个数字很可观 |
[05:29] | I was just wondering if there were any problems, safety concerns, | 我只是想知道有没有什么问题,比如安全隐患 |
[05:32] | problems with management. Just why do you think the mass exodus? | 管理问题,你认为此次工程师,大规模离职是因为什么? |
[05:36] | I’m sorry. I have to go. | 很抱歉,我得挂了 |
[05:38] | I know you signed an NDA, and I’m not gonna get you sued. | 我知道你签了保密协议,我不会害你被起诉 |
[05:42] | I won’t use your name. I just need a– | 我不会引用你的名字,只需要… |
[05:44] | Fuck. | 该死 |
[05:47] | That was the last name on my list. | 我名单上的人都找遍了 |
[05:51] | All the names we found, and nothing? | 我们查到了那么多人,却还是一无所获? |
[05:53] | All manner of fucked-up shit could be happening there, | 那家公司可能出了各种职场违规情况 |
[05:55] | and no one’s gonna know. Paul’s got everybody spooked. | 可外界不会知情,当事人都很怕保罗 |
[05:57] | Any word from Kate? | 凯特那边有消息吗? |
[05:59] | She does not want to be found. We need to find someone who will go on the record. | 她不想被找到,我们得找一个,愿意公开作证的人 |
[06:02] | What about Paul’s lower-level employees? | 为保罗工作的底层员工怎么样? |
[06:04] | You know, somebody who’s not “NDAed” to death, right? | 那些没被保密协议,牢牢束缚死的人,行吗? |
[06:06] | – Yeah. You think they would talk? – 100%. Definitely. | – 是,你觉得他们会开口吗?- 百分百会 |
[06:10] | I mean, as a recently fired employee of– | 作为一个最近刚被解雇的员工,被… |
[06:13] | how do I put this– a challenging boss, I speak from experience. | 怎么说呢,一个很严苛的老板炒鱿鱼,我的经验之谈 |
[06:17] | – Painful, fucking bitter experience. – Stella, we’re gonna get it done. | – 痛苦不堪的经验 – 斯黛拉,我们会搞定这事 |
[06:22] | By Friday? | 周五前吗? |
[06:24] | Because once Paul owns UBA, | 因为一旦UBA归保罗所有 |
[06:26] | anything we find will just make us feel shittier that he’s our boss. | 无论我们查出什么真相,都只会让我们,因为有他这样的老板而感觉更糟 |
[06:32] | This is fantastic. | 太棒了 |
[06:36] | Send them ten pounds of Black Ivory Coffee. | 给他们送5公斤黑象牙咖啡 |
[06:38] | Black Ivory? | 黑象牙? |
[06:40] | They only made 500 pounds last year. | 可去年的产量只有230公斤 |
[06:43] | – Total in the world. – Yeah, I know. | – 还是全世界的总产量 – 对,我知道 |
[06:45] | – Got a minute? – Oh, Earl. Yeah. Come in. | – 能聊聊吗?- 厄尔,可以,请进 |
[06:48] | All right, so put out word on the socials, make new friends on the dark web, | 好吧,那就在社交网络上发贴,在暗网上交新朋友 |
[06:51] | volunteer at the zoo and freestyle a batch. | 去动物园做志愿者,随便你干什么 |
[06:54] | Just get me those beans, Kyle. | 给我弄到那些咖啡豆就行,凯尔 |
[06:57] | On it. | 我这就去办 |
[07:01] | You seen UBA’s trading activity today? | 你看到今天UBA的股票交易了吗? |
[07:05] | Not yet. | 还没 |
[07:06] | Who’s getting slaughtered, beside the big tech companies out there? | 除了大型科技公司,还有谁在被屠宰? |
[07:13] | That’s– | 这… |
[07:15] | That’s steeper than El Cap. Someone needs to free solo that shit. | 这比酋长岩还陡峭,有人该在这玩意上徒手攀岩 |
[07:19] | Started at the bell, volume hasn’t let up since. | 从开盘开始,交易就没停过 |
[07:23] | Figured it was arb traders, so I reached out to the usual suspects. | 我还以为是套利交易员干的,就去联系了几个常这么干的惯犯 |
[07:27] | It’s not them, and they don’t know who it is. | 这次不是他们,他们也不知道是谁 |
[07:30] | Come on, Earl. | 厄尔,拜托 |
[07:32] | Traders are worse than middle schoolers with a crush. | 交易员比谈恋爱的中学生还糟糕 |
[07:34] | They can’t keep a secret to save their lives. | 他们肯定会露出马脚 |
[07:37] | These buyers are keeping it very quiet. | 这些买家保密工作做得绝佳 |
[07:41] | We may not know anything till they file with the SEC. | 他们向证交会提交文件前,我们很可能会被蒙在鼓里 |
[07:45] | Did you have fun at my surprise party last year? | 你去年在我的惊喜派对上玩得开心吗? |
[07:48] | Don’t think I was invited. | 我好像没被邀请 |
[07:49] | Yeah, ’cause there wasn’t one. I hate surprises. | 是,因为我压根没办,惊喜派对,我最讨厌惊喜 |
[07:51] | I especially hate them when they’re four days before I close a $40 billion deal. | 尤其在我还有四天就能达成一笔,价值四百亿美元的交易时 |
[07:56] | Find out who is buying. | 去查出是谁在大量买进股票 |
[07:59] | I don’t want any assholes popping out of closets this week and fucking things up. | 我可不想这周某个混蛋,突然冒出来把交易搞黄 |
[08:04] | Yes, sir. | 遵命,长官 |
[08:10] | 凯特丹顿 | |
[08:17] | We’re sorry. You have reached | 很抱歉,您所拨打的电话 |
[08:18] | a number that has been disconnected or is no longer in service. Please– | 已停用或已停止服务,请… |
[08:29] | – Hey. – Hi. | – 嗨 – 嗨 |
[08:31] | You got a minute? I’m getting bounced between lawyers and bean counters here. | 有空吗?我不停在律师和会计间来回转 |
[08:34] | Yeah, sure. What’s up? | 有空,怎么了? |
[08:37] | You’ve never been through one of these before, have you? | 你以前从没经历过这种事吧? |
[08:39] | An acquisition? | 公司收购吗? |
[08:41] | Well, UBA bought my start-up, but not for 40 billion. | UBA收购了我的创业公司,但没花四百亿那么多 |
[08:46] | Yeah, well, there’s always fallout when one company takes another one over. | 是啊,收购公司总会余波不断 |
[08:51] | No one likes to be shown the door. | 没人喜欢被扫地出门 |
[08:53] | You think Cory’s gonna lose his shit. | 你觉得科里会气炸了、失去理智 |
[08:56] | Maybe we could send a shrink along with his $150 million severance package. | 也许除了一亿五千万遣散费,我们还可以再送个心理医生给他 |
[09:01] | Yeah, don’t touch that. | 是,别碰那个 |
[09:04] | Yeah, about that. | 是啊,关于遣散费 |
[09:07] | I’ve done my due diligence on Cory. | 我对科里做了尽职调查 |
[09:09] | I was just curious if you had anything to add. | 我只是好奇你有没有什么要补充的 |
[09:15] | You ever see him cross a line? | 你见过他有任何不轨行为吗? |
[09:17] | Like self-dealing, corporate espionage type stuff? No. | 像自我交易、商业间谍之类的行为?没有 |
[09:21] | Never. He’s way too careful for anything like that. | 从来没有,他行事十分谨慎,不会干这种事 |
[09:23] | Yeah, what about his personal life? What’s that look like? | 是,那他的私生活呢?什么样? |
[09:27] | As far as I know, he’s not dating anyone. | 据我所知,他没有交往对象 |
[09:29] | I heard he plays poker with some other execs, | 我听说他和某些高管一起打扑克 |
[09:32] | but he basically lives at the office. | 但是,他基本上是住在办公室里 |
[09:37] | Come on, Stella. The guy’s not a monk. | 拜托,斯黛拉,这家伙又不是和尚 |
[09:41] | Honestly, he kind of is. | 老实说,他算是个和尚 |
[09:43] | I heard he was hanging around Bradley too much when she first got here. | 我听说布莱德莉刚来时,他们经常在一起 |
[09:46] | But, you know, obviously that went nowhere. | 但很明显,他俩没修成正果 |
[09:52] | Well, okay then. | 那好吧 |
[09:54] | I almost feel bad for the guy. He has no idea what’s coming. | 我差点要替他难过了,对自己的下场毫不知情 |
[09:57] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[10:08] | 美国日间秀 | |
[10:09] | 国家宽带网 | |
[10:17] | Come in. | 请进 |
[10:19] | – Hey. – Thank you for making the time. | – 嗨 – 谢谢你抽时间过来 |
[10:22] | Okay. Please tell me that you’re not going back to UBA. | 好,千万别说你是要回UBA了 |
[10:24] | No, Elena. I’m not leaving NBN. | 不,埃琳娜,我不会离开国家宽带网 |
[10:28] | Good. I mean, when you said you wanted an off-the-books meeting, | 太好了,你跟我说想要与我秘密会面 |
[10:30] | I was gearing up to fight fucking Paul Marks. Jesus Christ. | 我就整装待发准备去和,该死的保罗马科思打一架,幸好不用了 |
[10:36] | – It’s not about that. – Okay. | – 不是因为那个 – 好的 |
[10:39] | Okay. | 好 |
[10:42] | So recently, I discovered something. | 是这样,最近我发现了一件事 |
[10:48] | It’s big. I don’t know if it’s real, but if I chase it… | 很严重,我不知道这事是不是真的,但如果我去调查… |
[10:57] | But? | 会怎样? |
[11:00] | It could implicate someone close to you. Okay. | 可能牵连你身边的人,好吧 |
[11:05] | And if I don’t look into it, and people find out that I knew… | 但如果我不去调查,被人发现我知情的话… |
[11:10] | – Yeah. – …it would ruin my career. | – 是 – 我的事业就毁于一旦了 |
[11:14] | You know, back before I went all corporate, | 在我完全投身商界前 |
[11:18] | I covered the Clinton impeachment. | 我报道过克林顿弹劾案 |
[11:20] | And my college roommate was one of Ken Starr’s top prosecutors. | 我的大学室友是肯斯塔尔手下的,首席检察官之一 |
[11:25] | And she said something to me one night over drinks, offhand. | 有天晚上喝酒的时候,她随口跟我说了些话 |
[11:32] | And… | 然后… |
[11:34] | And you… | 然后,你… |
[11:36] | I ran it down and reported it. | 我调查了一下,然后报道了出去 |
[11:42] | Afterwards she accused me of betraying her, which, well, I had. | 后来她指责我背叛了她,这也是事实 |
[11:46] | Because that’s what we do as journalists. | 因为这就是我们作为记者应该做的 |
[11:49] | We shatter one moral code to uphold the other. | 我们破坏了一种道德准则以维护另一种 |
[11:53] | I just… | 我只是… |
[11:55] | I’m not sure I can do that. | 我不确定自己能做到 |
[11:57] | Look, if you’re too close, | 听着,若你牵涉太深 |
[11:58] | if you wanna pass it off to someone who does not have a personal connection– | 若你想把这事交给,和当事人毫无私交的人去调查… |
[12:01] | No, no. Thank you. | 不用…谢谢 |
[12:06] | – I’ll handle it. – All right. | – 我会处理 – 好 |
[12:09] | Well, let’s find out if it’s even real, okay? | 先查清楚这事是否属实,好吗? |
[12:14] | And then we will go from there. | 然后我们再做打算 |
[12:16] | Okay. | 好 |
[12:19] | – Yeah, you got this. – Thank you. | – 好,你能行 – 谢谢 |
[12:26] | Fuck. | 该死 |
[12:27] | All right. | 好的 |
[12:31] | – Earl, hit me. – No names yet. | – 厄尔,跟我说吧 – 还没查出是谁 |
[12:33] | Insider trading laws are a bitch. Wish I could get in the mix. | 内幕交易法真是个贱人,真希望我也能加入 |
[12:36] | Come Friday, these mystery buyers, they’re gonna rake it in. | 到了周五,这些神秘买家们会大赚一笔 |
[12:40] | Buyer. My guy at Goldman told me that one LLC is behind it all. | 是“买家”,我高盛的朋友告诉我,全都是一家有限责任公司策划的 |
[12:46] | A single player, huh? | 只有一个买家啊? |
[12:49] | Well, someone is getting very, very greedy. | 看来有人贪得无厌得很 |
[12:52] | I’ll keep chasing the name. | 我会继续调查是谁 |
[12:54] | Yeah, you do that. | 好,你去查 |
[12:57] | – Kyle, is Paul still in the building? – He’s in back-to-backs with BA and Legal. | – 凯尔,保罗还在楼里吗?- 他一直在和会计师及律师开会 |
[13:01] | Want me to try to get him? | 要我去找他来吗? |
[13:04] | No, I’ll find him. | 不用,我去找他 |
[13:06] | – I look forward to hearing about that. – Great. | – 我期待听到这个消息 – 太好了 |
[13:08] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 |
[13:14] | Hey, there he is. | 嘿,看看是谁来了 |
[13:15] | Cory. | 科里 |
[13:16] | Paul. Hey, you see the proofs for the thing the other day? | 保罗,嘿,你看到那天拍摄的校样了吗? |
[13:20] | – They just sent them over. – I did not. | – 他们刚送来 – 没看到 |
[13:22] | What do you think? How do we look? | 你觉得呢?看起来如何? |
[13:23] | Oh, yeah. Like the titans of industry that we are. | 是,就像我们是这个行业的巨头 |
[13:28] | Well, about the other day. | 说起那天的事 |
[13:30] | Whatever I said, I apologize. Just one of those days. | 不管我说了什么,我道歉,正好赶上我心情不好 |
[13:34] | Hey, it’s the private playing poor, you know? | 嘿,是因为私人实体跟你扮穷 |
[13:38] | They think they’re doing you a favor. Hey, real quick, while I got you. | 还觉得自己是在帮你,嘿,既然你在,我想快速问你个事 |
[13:40] | There’s been some sizable UBA stock purchases today. | 今天有一些大规模买入UBA股票的交易 |
[13:44] | And I heard through the grapevine, that there’s one LLC behind them all. | 而且我听小道消息说,这些交易背后都有一家有限责任公司 |
[13:48] | You don’t have a buddy trying to get in while the getting’s good, do you? | 不会是你的某个朋友,想趁时机好时进来捞一笔吧? |
[13:51] | – No, nobody I know of. – Right. | – 不是,我认识的人里没有 – 好吧 |
[13:53] | I mean, doesn’t really matter, right? It’s a formality at this point. | 也无关紧要了吧,眼下也只是走形式而已 |
[13:56] | – We already have the votes. – Exactly. | – 我们已经拿到董事会投票了 – 没错 |
[13:59] | T-minus four days. | 还剩四天 |
[14:07] | Knock, knock. | 敲敲门 |
[14:09] | It’s 10:30 in the morning. You stalking me? | 现在才早上10点半,你在跟踪我? |
[14:13] | – It’s not our anniversary, is it? Shit. – Oh, no. That’s next week. You’re good. | – 今天不是我们的纪念日吧?该死 – 不…下周才是,你没事 |
[14:17] | Baby. | 宝贝 |
[14:21] | My husband, dropping by spontaneously with flowers. | 我的老公突然带着鲜花来看我 |
[14:26] | What Naima do? | 奈玛又干了什么坏事? |
[14:28] | – I’m not buying another hamster. – There’s nothing wrong. | – 我可不会再买一只仓鼠了 – 没出什么事 |
[14:31] | – Don’t play with me. – Noth– Nothing’s wrong. | – 别骗我 – 真…没出事 |
[14:33] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:36] | I got a call from your favorite sports network. | 你最喜欢的体育频道打来了电话 |
[14:38] | They wanna set a meeting. And they got it bad for you too. | 他们想安排时间和你见个面,他们非常希望你能加盟 |
[14:41] | Frankly, I’m a little jealous. | 坦白说,我都有点嫉妒了 |
[14:44] | – Have they seen my social media? – Of course. | – 他们看到我在社交媒体上发的帖子了?- 当然 |
[14:46] | They love your voice, your passion. | 他们非常喜欢你的影响力、你的激情 |
[14:49] | Or they wanna hire someone like me | 或者他们只是想雇个我这样的人 |
[14:50] | so they can appear to be making a change without actually doing anything. | 这样可以显得他们在做出改变,而实际上却一成不变 |
[14:53] | Look, if you want to chase hard news, we can negotiate that. | 听着,如果你想追踪报道硬新闻,我们可以和他们谈 |
[14:58] | Sports again? | 又要做体育新闻了? |
[15:00] | I mentioned that you want to do the Brittney Griner special. | 我提到你想做布兰妮格里纳的特别节目 |
[15:03] | They’re all in. So what do you think? | 他们完全支持,那么,你怎么想? |
[15:08] | You wanna mix shit up? | 你想引起轰动吗? |
[15:13] | You don’t need Paul Marks. | 你不需要保罗马科思 |
[15:30] | Am I interrupting? | 你现在忙吗? |
[15:33] | – Maggie. – Long time. | – 麦琪 – 好久不见 |
[15:36] | What– What brings you here? | 什么风…把你吹来了? |
[15:38] | I was just talking to Leonard about the acquisition. | 我刚在跟莱纳德谈收购的事 |
[15:41] | I’m doing a piece for The Times. | 我在为《纽约时报》写文章 |
[15:42] | Right. Right. Okay. Well, I sadly– I don’t have anything to add to that. | 好…好吧,很遗憾…我没有什么要补充的 |
[15:47] | I promise my tape recorder is off. Can I come in? | 我保证不会录音,我能进来吗? |
[15:52] | Wow. | 天啊 |
[15:56] | You’ve done well for yourself. | 看来你混得不错 |
[15:57] | I mean, first, a best-selling book, then a hit show beloved by America. | 先出了一本畅销书,然后又做了一档,深受美国人喜爱的热播节目 |
[16:02] | You’re thriving. | 简直是风生水起 |
[16:03] | Well, you know, it’s been a busy few years. | 你也知道,这几年我忙得不可开交 |
[16:08] | That is an understatement. Can I? | 还真是轻描淡写啊,我能坐吗? |
[16:12] | – Of course. – I won’t stay long. | – 当然 – 我不会待太久 |
[16:14] | – Okay. – I just wanted to say hi. | – 好吧 – 我只是想跟你问个好 |
[16:18] | All right. | 好吧 |
[16:20] | I know we didn’t leave things on the best of terms, | 我知道我们之前的关系不太好 |
[16:23] | but I’m out of the shame business. | 但我如今已经不再做令人不耻的行当 |
[16:25] | I just wanted to say that the things you’ve done, | 我只是想说,你的所作所为 |
[16:30] | the changes you’ve made and undergone, | 你所做出以及经历的改变 |
[16:33] | have been impressive to watch. | 非常了不起 |
[16:36] | I’m sorry. I just– That’s not what I was expecting. | 抱歉,我只是…没想到你会这么说 |
[16:40] | I get it. I do. And I’ll be the first to admit that if this was a year ago, | 我明白,真的,我会毫不犹豫地承认,如果这是一年前 |
[16:43] | I probably would be standing here asking you about your relationship | 我可能会站在这里,问你与即将收购这家公司的 |
[16:48] | with the aerospace billionaire about to buy this company. | 航空航天领域的亿万富翁是什么关系 |
[16:50] | But I’m more interested in the deal itself | 但现在,我更感兴趣的是这笔交易本身 |
[16:53] | and what it portends for the future of broadcast television. | 以及它对广播电视未来的预示 |
[16:57] | Well, I appreciate the olive branch. I really do. | 我很感激你向我伸出了橄榄枝,真的 |
[17:05] | Can I just ask– and this is obviously off the record– | 我能问你…显然是私底下问… |
[17:08] | – Okay. – What’s your plan? | – 问吧 – 你有什么打算? |
[17:11] | I mean, after this deal goes through, do you keep working here under Cory? | 交易完成后,你会继续在科里手下工作吗? |
[17:22] | Yeah, well, I guess I’m still f– you know, figuring that out. | 是,我想我还在…考虑 |
[17:25] | I’m sure. And I’m sure everyone here is relieved to be able to fight another day. | 我信,而且我肯定这里的每个人,都松了一口气,不会丢掉饭碗了 |
[17:30] | Yeah. About that, can I ask you a question off the record? | 是的,关于这个,我能私下问你一个问题吗? |
[17:36] | Of course. | 当然可以 |
[17:37] | With so much changing in the industry– | 这个行业经历了翻天覆地的变革 |
[17:39] | I mean, once this deal goes through, | 一旦这笔交易完成 |
[17:41] | what do you think UBA’s chances of survival are, long-term? | 你认为UBA长期存活下去的机会有多大? |
[17:46] | What are the chances of any of these legacy media companies surviving? | 任何一家传统媒体公司,存活的机会有多大呢? |
[17:49] | I don’t know how much you’ve heard, but NBN is already facing cuts. | 我不知道你听说了多少,但是,国家宽带网已经面临裁员危机 |
[17:53] | Ten percent of the staff. That’s not a drop in the bucket. | 要裁掉10%的员工,这可不是一个小数目 |
[17:56] | So, to answer your question, | 那么,回答你的问题 |
[17:58] | Paul Marks buying out UBA may keep the doors open for three, maybe five years, | 保罗马科思收购UBA,也许能让这家公司,再维持三年,也许五年 |
[18:05] | but my guess is eventually the big three, UBA, NBN, CBA, | 但我猜,最终三巨头UBA、NBN、CBA |
[18:12] | they cannibalize each other and die off. | 他们会互相蚕食,然后消亡 |
[18:16] | Regardless, I think you will do great things here while you can. | 无论如何,我认为只要你还有机会,就能在这里大展宏图 |
[18:20] | And I mean that. | 我是说真的 |
[18:23] | When the storm comes for us all, let’s hope we’re both on high ground. | 当风暴来袭,希望我们都能毫发无伤 |
[18:31] | And by the way, how’s Bradley? | 对了,布莱德莉怎样? |
[18:33] | Sh– She’s great, you know? Fighting the fight. | 她…很好,孜孜不倦地为正义而战 |
[18:37] | I just have to say that in all my years, | 我得说,我在这个行业,摸爬滚打这么多年来 |
[18:40] | I have never seen an anchor have a colleague’s back the way she had yours. | 从没见过哪个主播,像她支持你那样支持同事 |
[18:44] | That was really something. | 这真是了不起 |
[18:56] | Hey, what do you got for me? | 嘿,查出什么来了? |
[18:58] | You were right. The bankers lowballed the assets. | 你说得对,银行家们故意压低了资产价值 |
[19:00] | You were right. The bankers lowballed the assets. | 财务调查 |
[19:01] | Fred said that it’s closer to 20 bil for sports, 30 for the studio and library. | 弗雷德说,体育台价值近两百亿美元,演播室和内容库价值近三百亿 |
[19:08] | Easiest 10 billion you’ll ever make. | 这会是你这辈子最轻松赚到的一百亿美金 |
[19:10] | That gets Hyperion back on track. | 这能让超越者重回正轨了 |
[19:12] | Speaking of, I got a call from Texas. | 说到这个,我接到德克萨斯打来的电话 |
[19:17] | Bradley Jackson’s looking for dirt. You don’t think Alex– | 布莱德莉杰克森在查我们的污点信息,不会是艾丽克丝… |
[19:20] | No, but keep an eye on Bradley, will you? | 不会,但是盯着点布莱德莉,好吗? |
[19:25] | – Anything with Cory yet? – I’m still digging. | – 科里那边有进展吗?- 我还在查 |
[19:36] | – Hey, you. – Hey. | – 嗨,你来啦 – 嗨 |
[19:38] | – You’re here late. – I know. | – 你来晚了 – 我知道 |
[19:39] | I just like wandering around when no one’s here staring or whispering. | 我只是想趁没人盯着我看,或窃窃私语的时候转悠一下 |
[19:43] | Oh, God, people suck. | 天啊,人可真够差劲的 |
[19:45] | I know. They do. Can I talk to you for a second? | 我知道,确实是,我们能聊聊吗? |
[19:48] | Sure. | 好 |
[19:49] | – Could we go in your office? Okay. – Yeah. | – 能去你的办公室吗?好 – 好的 |
[19:51] | – What’s going on? – Okay. | – 怎么了?- 好 |
[19:54] | Can we keep this between us, please? | 我要跟你说的事,能不能就你知我知? |
[19:57] | Always. Yes. | 没问题 |
[19:58] | So I’ve been thinking a lot | 我一直在反复思考 |
[19:59] | about what’s gonna happen once the deal goes through. | 交易完成后会发生什么 |
[20:02] | What do you mean? What’s gonna happen? | 什么意思?会发生什么呢? |
[20:04] | Well, I– | 我… |
[20:06] | I think I wanna start my own thing. Something completely new. | 我想自己开公司,一家全新的媒体公司 |
[20:12] | I– So you mean leaving UBA? | 我…所以说,你要离开UBA? |
[20:16] | It would mean leaving. | 是的 |
[20:20] | Does this have anything to do with you and Paul, | 是因为你和保罗 |
[20:22] | – or you guys being together? – No. No. | – 或你们在一起吗?- 不是… |
[20:26] | Okay. ‘Cause we talked about making change here. | 好吧,因为我们说过要在这里做出改变 |
[20:30] | That was– | 这是… |
[20:31] | That was kinda the whole point. | 这是我们努力的目标 |
[20:33] | Yes, it was. And it is, and it’s still the point. | 是,之前是,现在也是,仍然是我们的目标 |
[20:35] | And that’s why– that’s why I’m here. | 所以…我才跟你聊 |
[20:37] | I just think, as long as we’re at UBA, | 我只是觉得,只要还待在UBA |
[20:40] | we will always be working underneath someone. | 我们总是要给别人打工 |
[20:43] | We’re at the height of our careers, | 我们正处于事业的巅峰 |
[20:45] | and my show can get recut by Cory whenever he wants? | 可我的节目可以随时被科里重新剪辑 |
[20:47] | And you’re on the evening news, and you can’t report on abortion? | 你负责晚间新闻,却不能报道堕胎的专题 |
[20:51] | Really? What the fuck? | 太荒谬了,搞什么? |
[20:53] | And not to mention all the bullshit that came out in light of the hack? | 更别提黑客入侵后爆出的那些破事 |
[20:59] | So that’s why I’m here. I– | 所以我找你谈,我… |
[21:01] | Bradley, I think you should come with me, and I think we should do this. | 布莱德莉,我觉得你该跟我一起走,我们一起创业 |
[21:05] | And we should start it from the ground up, | 我们应该从零开始做起 |
[21:08] | you and I, and just finish what we started. | 你和我该完成由我们发起的一切 |
[21:10] | Wow. | 天啊 |
[21:14] | That is not what I thought you were gonna say. | 我没想到你会说这些 |
[21:17] | Well, I mean, it sounds great, | 我是说,听起来很棒 |
[21:20] | but I have a lot of work here to do at UBA and a lot of commitments I’ve made. | 但我在UBA还有很多工作要做,而且我已经做出了很多承诺 |
[21:25] | – Well– – And if I’m gonna be completely candid, | – 这个嘛… – 若要我完全坦率直言 |
[21:30] | I think the wrong guy is buying this place. | 我觉得要买这地方的人选是错的 |
[21:32] | The wrong guy is buying it? What are you talking about? | 人选是错的?此话怎讲? |
[21:35] | Listen, Alex, something’s going on at Hyperion. | 听着,艾丽克丝,超越者那边有不可告人的秘密 |
[21:38] | People are pissed, and it’s about Paul. | 人人都对保罗义愤填膺 |
[21:42] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[21:43] | They’re saying they don’t like how he operates his business. | 他们说不喜欢保罗对公司的运营方式 |
[21:45] | – Okay. Can you get a little more specific? – How well do you know this guy? | – 好,你能说得更具体一点吗?- 你有多了解这家伙? |
[21:50] | I mean, it feels like you guys started dating, and all of a sudden, it went– | 感觉你们俩才刚开始约会,但突然间,你们的关系就… |
[21:55] | Are you sure you really know who he is? | 你确定你真的了解他这个人? |
[21:58] | What does that mean? | 这话是什么意思? |
[21:59] | – How well do you know him? – I know him well– | – 你有多了解他?- 我很了解… |
[22:01] | How well do you know him? Do you even know what you’re talking about? | 你有多了解他?你知道自己在说什么吗? |
[22:04] | This guy is– is– This is a $40 billion deal. | 这家伙…这可是一笔,价值四百亿美元的交易 |
[22:07] | Do you know how much is at stake here? | 你知道这有多危险吗? |
[22:09] | Of course, every Joe Schmo is gonna come out of the woodwork | 当然了,所有的笨蛋都会突然冒出来 |
[22:12] | and try to take him down, talk shit about him. | 想扳倒他、说他的坏话 |
[22:15] | – I think it’s a little more than that. – Are you f– serious? Don’t be so naive. | – 我觉得要比讲坏话更严重些 – 你…认真的吗?别这么天真 |
[22:19] | And honestly, do you have anything specific? | 老实说,你有实证吗? |
[22:21] | Do you have actual evidence on what you’re saying here? | 你说的话有确凿的证据吗? |
[22:23] | Look, Alex, I think– | 听着,艾丽克丝,我觉得… |
[22:25] | No? | 没有? |
[22:28] | I think it’s hard for you to be objective about this. | 我觉得你很难客观地看待这个问题 |
[22:30] | Oh, my God. Wow, people really do suck. | 我的天啊,天啊,人还真是够差劲的 |
[22:33] | I can’t believe that, coming from you. | 真不敢相信,这话居然出自你口 |
[22:36] | Honestly. | 老实说 |
[22:37] | Alex, come on. | 艾丽克丝,别这样 |
[22:39] | I’m saying this because I care about you. I’m actually worried about you. | 我这么说是因为我关心你,我其实很担心你 |
[22:42] | Okay, well, I’m really glad you said something | 好吧,我真的很庆幸你能说出来 |
[22:45] | because I wouldn’t have known otherwise. | 不然我还不知道呢 |
[22:49] | Goddamn it. | 该死 |
[22:49] | Jesus Christ. | 天啊 |
[23:01] | Hello? | 喂? |
[23:02] | Hi. It’s Laura. | 嗨,我是劳拉 |
[23:05] | Hey, Laura. Is Bradley okay? | 嗨,劳拉,布莱德莉还好吗? |
[23:07] | Yes, she’s fine. Did I catch you at a bad time? | 是,她很好,我是不是打得不是时候? |
[23:11] | Oh, no– No, no. I’m jus– | 不会,不…我只是… |
[23:13] | Well, I’m headed in my home group. But I got a minute. What’s up? | 我正要去本地的互助会,但我能聊两句,怎么了? |
[23:17] | I was thinking that we could all get together for Fourth of July weekend. | 我在想,我们可以在,国庆日那个周末聚一聚 |
[23:21] | You, me, Bradley, Cheryl. | 你、我、布莱德莉和谢丽尔 |
[23:25] | Yeah, th– yeah, that’d be good. | 好…太好了 |
[23:28] | Well, you won’t believe how big Taylor’s getting. She’s already walking. | 你不会相信,泰勒,现在长得多大了,她都会走路了 |
[23:33] | Yeah. So, I have to cover the parade in DC. | 好,我要去华盛顿报道游行 |
[23:37] | Why don’t you meet us there? | 不如你去那和我们碰头 |
[23:40] | Great. That sounds– That sounds fun. | 好,听起来…很有趣 |
[23:42] | Have you ever been? | 你去过吗? |
[23:45] | To DC? | 华盛顿 |
[23:50] | Not since high school. | 高中后就没去过了 |
[23:53] | Yeah, I’ve been meaning to. I just never got around to it. | 是,我一直想去的,我只是一直没抽出时间 |
[23:59] | You’ll love it. The fireworks are incredible. | 你会喜欢那里的,烟花秀十分震撼 |
[24:03] | Great. That sounds amazing. | 好,太棒了 |
[24:05] | All right. We’ll see you then. | 好吧,我们到时候见 |
[24:17] | Hi, baby. | 嗨,宝贝 |
[24:19] | Hey, sweet boy. Hey, sweet baby. | 嘿,好孩子,嘿,小亲亲 |
[24:48] | Hey. Perfect timing. The food just got here. | 嗨,你回来的正好,外卖刚送到 |
[25:00] | – What’s up? – I’m ready. | – 怎么了?- 我准备好了 |
[25:03] | – You’re ready? – Oh, yeah. | – 准备好了?- 对 |
[25:04] | – You sure? – I’m sure. | – 你确定?- 确定 |
[25:07] | Great. | 太好了 |
[25:15] | UBA电视网 | |
[25:17] | He’s behind schedule and out of money. | 他进度落后,而且没钱了 |
[25:19] | Chip just talked to a foreman that works down there. | 奇普刚和一个在那里工作的工头谈过 |
[25:21] | He and his crew have been working on Hyperion through the night | 他和他的团队通宵达旦地为超越者干活 |
[25:23] | and not being paid for it. | 却没有得到报酬 |
[25:24] | Building rockets, guys. Come on. It’s fucking hard. | 各位,拜托,造火箭难如登天 |
[25:28] | Of course he’s behind schedule. Come on. | 他当然会进度落后了,拜托 |
[25:30] | My friend worked for Paul a dozen years. She’s an aerospace engineer. | 我的朋友为保罗工作了十几年,她是航天工程师 |
[25:33] | Last week, he fired her for raising safety concerns. | 上周她被解雇,就因为她提出了安全顾虑 |
[25:36] | She came to me to blow the whistle, and then something or someone silenced her. | 她来找我告密,却被某人或某事强迫噤声 |
[25:40] | And that’s what we’re hearing from every engineer we talk to at Hyperion. | 超越者那边和我们聊过的,所有工程师也都是这么说的 |
[25:43] | Paul is hiding something, Cory. | 保罗有所隐瞒,科里 |
[25:45] | And it’s bad enough that nobody wants to talk about it. They’re all scared. | 没人愿意谈论此事本身就很糟,他们都很害怕 |
[25:49] | The guy has invented all kinds of proprietary tech. | 这家伙发明了各种专利技术 |
[25:52] | I would imagine that he is anxious to protect it. | 我能想象他急于保护这些技术 |
[25:55] | I’m guessing you haven’t read the after-action report on the cyberattack? | 我猜你还没看过,网络攻击事件的事后报告? |
[25:58] | I was waiting for the CliffNotes. | 我在等内容摘要 |
[25:59] | Victor says the transmission failure during the launch was on Hyperion’s end, | 维克多说火箭发射时出现的传输故障,发生在超越者那边 |
[26:03] | not ours. | 而不是我们这边 |
[26:04] | Something went wrong, and instead of reporting it, | 出了某些状况,但保罗没有上报 |
[26:06] | – Paul blamed it on our cyberattack. – We were on that rocket. | – 而是将问题归咎于我们被网络攻击 – 我们当时就在火箭上 |
[26:09] | – And we were fine. – Were we? | – 可我们不是好好的 – 是这样吗? |
[26:13] | Or was her friend trying to warn us? | 还是说她的朋友想警告我们? |
[26:15] | Or maybe that’s what all the engineers are scared about, | 也许这就是所有工程师所害怕的 |
[26:17] | because something bad could have happened, Cory. | 因为有可能会发生很糟的事,科里 |
[26:19] | We have to delay the vote. We need more time. | 我们必须推迟投票,我们需要更多时间 |
[26:21] | Only the board can delay the vote, | 只有董事会可以推迟投票 |
[26:23] | and I can guarantee you they’re not gonna do it for a bunch of maybes. | 我敢保证,他们不会为了一堆,不确定的指控而这么做 |
[26:27] | 劳拉,急需见你 | |
[26:29] | 请尽快过来 | |
[26:30] | All right. Well, I’m gonna keep chasing this. | 好吧,我会继续追查下去的 |
[26:32] | I expect nothing less. | 我当然希望如此 |
[26:37] | I should have taken a harder stand against him from the beginning of all of this. | 我该从最开始就对他采取更强硬的立场 |
[26:42] | I didn’t trust myself. That’s on me. | 我没有自信能做到,这是我的错 |
[26:44] | Stella, come on. You’re gonna be fine. | 斯黛拉,别这样,你会没事的 |
[26:48] | Once the deal goes through, you’re gonna be more than fine. | 一旦交易完成,你会好到不行 |
[26:50] | You’re gonna have more resources than you know what to do with. | 你会获得更多资源,多到你都不知道该怎么用 |
[26:57] | You make people feel anything is possible. | 你让人觉得一切皆有可能 |
[27:01] | It’s really effective. It’s probably why I took this job. | 这招真的很管用,也许正因如此我才接受这份工作 |
[27:05] | Paul does the same thing, that anything-is-possible act. | 保罗的手段和你如出一辙,用“凡事皆有可能”这招笼络人心 |
[27:09] | But it isn’t real, Cory. It’s all smoke and mirrors. | 但这不是真的,科里,都是镜花水月 |
[27:12] | And I thought that was a difference between you two, but now I’m not so sure. | 我原以为你和他不同,但现在我也不是很确定了 |
[27:15] | I know we have to find a way to keep the doors open, | 我知道我们得想办法让UBA运营下去 |
[27:19] | but he’s infected you. He does that. | 但他把你传染了,他就是这种人 |
[27:22] | He’s like a virus, and I have already survived the plague. | 他就像是一种病毒,而我已经从瘟疫中活了下来 |
[27:26] | So, yeah… | 所以,没错 |
[27:30] | I’m gonna be fine. | 我会没事的 |
[27:32] | Because after the deal goes through, I won’t be here. | 因为交易完成后,我就不干了 |
[27:34] | I just want you to know that. | 先跟你说一声 |
[27:42] | Cory crossed a line. Seriously, this is some fucking McCarthy-era bullshit. | 科里过分了,说真的,这就像麦卡锡时代的那些破事 |
[27:50] | Turns out, the night manager at the Archer Gray doesn’t delete anything. | 结果是阿奇格雷酒店的夜班经理,什么内容都没删除 |
[27:55] | – He has quite the treasure trove. – Nice work. And Bradley? | – 他现在可谓是手握大量财宝 – 干得漂亮,布莱德莉那边呢? |
[27:58] | She will get someone to talk. If that someone is Kate– | 她最终会设法让某人说出真相,如果那个人是凯特… |
[28:02] | Well, let’s make sure that it isn’t. | 那就去确保她会守口如瓶 |
[28:05] | They think she took some things when she left. | 他们觉得她走的时候带走了一些东西 |
[28:07] | Records, logs. It could follow us. | 记录、日志,可能会对我们不利 |
[28:13] | Find out and kill it. | 找出这些证据,然后销毁掉 |
[28:19] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[28:24] | I brought you some cookies. I thought they might cheer you up a little bit. | 我给你带了些曲奇,应该能让你开心一点 |
[28:29] | Are you okay? Do you need to see a doctor? I don’t care if you’re contagious. | 你还好吗?需要看医生吗?我不在乎是不是会被传染 |
[28:32] | – I’m giving you a hug. What? What? – No. | – 我要抱抱你,怎么了?- 不 |
[28:35] | Stay away. | 离远点 |
[28:37] | What happened? | 出什么事了? |
[28:40] | You should have fucked him. | 你应该上他的 |
[28:42] | – What? – Cory. You should have just fucked him. | – 什么?- 科里,你就该直接上他 |
[28:45] | At least I could wrap my head around that. | 这样的话,至少我还能理解 |
[28:47] | I don’t understand. You’re– | 我不明白,你… |
[28:49] | – You’re kinda scaring me, Laura. – Hal’s a terrorist, but I’m scaring you? | – 你有点吓到我了,劳拉 – 哈尔是个恐怖分子,你却被我吓到了? |
[29:01] | I didn’t wanna believe it. I tried so, so hard not to believe it. | 我不愿相信,我尽全力不去相信 |
[29:05] | Bradley to the rescue. You cleaned up his mess like you always do. | 布莱德莉又救场了,你一如既往帮他收拾残局 |
[29:08] | Look, I– I wanted to tell you so many times. | 听着,我…有很多次,都想告诉你 |
[29:13] | So it’s true. It’s really true. | 所以这是真的,千真万确 |
[29:17] | – Just let me– – Don’t, don’t! | – 请让我… – 别解释… |
[29:19] | – I will lose my shit. Back the fuck off. – Okay. All right. Okay. Okay. | – 我会情绪失控,滚远点 – 好… |
[29:27] | That fucking pin. | 那该死的胸针 |
[29:30] | – What? – Fucking Geraldine Ferraro. | – 什么?- 该死的杰罗丁费拉罗 |
[29:33] | – I thought you and Cory were– – No. Laura, no. Never ever. | – 我以为你和科里是… – 劳拉,不是这样的…我们从未在一起 |
[29:38] | He lied to the FBI. For you. | 他对联邦调查局撒了谎,都是为了你 |
[29:43] | That’s love. | 这就是爱情 |
[29:44] | I’m dreaming about being with you in Montana | 我做梦都梦到和你一起,在蒙大拿的那段时光 |
[29:48] | while you’re sharing this thing with him. | 而你却和他一起守护这个弥天大谎 |
[29:52] | Look, let me just explain. I just– I want to explain to you. | 听着,让我解释一下,我…想跟你解释 |
[29:56] | I know I made a huge mistake. I know it. | 我知道自己犯了一个大错误,我完全知道 |
[30:00] | But what you don’t understand is I had to make a choice. | 但你不明白的是我必须做出选择 |
[30:03] | – I couldn’t let Hal ruin his life. – So you ruined ours? | – 我不能让哈尔自毁人生 – 那你就毁掉我们的人生? |
[30:07] | – No, he didn’t mean to hurt that cop. – Oh, my God. Bradley, | – 不是的,他并非故意伤害那个警察 – 天啊,布莱德莉 |
[30:11] | he attacked a police officer? Jesus. What is wrong with you? | 他袭击了一名警察,天啊,你到底怎么了? |
[30:15] | – I know. – My God. That’s why you d– | – 我知道 – 天啊,所以你才… |
[30:18] | Oh, no, no, no. What am I think– No, you wanted Evening News. | 不…我想什么呢…不,你想播晚间新闻 |
[30:22] | – Oh, my God. I almost forgot that part. – That is not fair. | – 天啊,我差点忘了这一点 – 这么说不公平 |
[30:24] | Oh, fuck fair. | 去他的公平吧 |
[30:25] | You fucking broke every rule. | 你违反了所有的规定 |
[30:27] | How do you sit in that chair every night? | 你怎么还能每天晚上坐在那把椅子上? |
[30:31] | It is obscene. | 太不要脸了 |
[30:34] | Trust me, I know, but I’m gonna make it right. I promise you. | 相信我,我知道,但我会纠正这个错误,我向你保证 |
[30:38] | That’s such a lie. | 又撒谎 |
[30:39] | Everything about you is a lie. | 关于你的一切都是谎言 |
[30:41] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[30:45] | – I’m sorry. – You need to leave. Get out of here. | – 对不起 – 你得走了,滚出去 |
[30:48] | – N– – I’m not calling the FBI. | – 不… – 我不会打给联邦调查局 |
[30:51] | – I’m not reporting any of this. – No– | – 我不会报道这事 – 不… |
[30:53] | I want nothing to do with it, and I want nothing to do with you. | 我不想跟这事扯上关系,也不想跟你扯上关系 |
[30:57] | – No. I’ll do anything, Laura. – I am done with you. | – 别这样,劳拉,我愿做任何事弥补 – 我们玩完了 |
[31:00] | I’ll do anything to make it better. | 我愿意做任何事去改善 |
[31:01] | – Just tell me what I can do. – Bradley, you’ll be fine. | – 告诉我我能做什么 – 布莱德莉,你会没事 |
[31:03] | You’re a survivor. | 你是幸存者 |
[31:05] | You’ll do anything, right? That’s what you do. | 你什么都愿意做,对吧?你就是这样的人 |
[31:08] | Now get out before I change my mind. | 趁我还没改变主意,赶紧走吧 |
[31:22] | Please, Laura. Plea– | 求你了,劳拉,求… |
[31:30] | I thought we would get old together. | 我以为我们会白头偕老 |
[31:34] | I really did. | 是真的 |
[32:09] | – Hello, Kyle. – Is he expecting you? | – 你好,凯尔 – 你跟他约好了吗? |
[32:12] | – Not at all. – Wow, Cybil, what a surprise. | – 没有 – 天啊,西比尔,真没想到你会来 |
[32:18] | Don’t tell me. Let me guess. You forgot your white hood, right? | 别告诉我,让我猜猜,你把白兜帽落在公司了,对吧? |
[32:21] | I’ll have Kyle check the lost and found, okay? | 我会让凯尔查查失物招领处,好吗? |
[32:23] | Do you know, when you became CEO, my expectations were low. | 知道吗?你出任首席执行官时,我的期望值很低 |
[32:28] | It turns out, I overestimated you. | 事实证明,我还高估了你 |
[32:32] | You missed me. | 你想我了 |
[32:33] | Whatever Paul Marks is paying for the possession of your soul, | 不管保罗马科思花多少钱让你出卖灵魂 |
[32:37] | I will double it. | 我出双倍价钱 |
[32:39] | Name your price. | 开价吧 |
[32:40] | You want a chunk of my new shares? They’re yours. | 你想要一部分我的新股份吗?没问题 |
[32:45] | Well, mystery solved. | 这样啊,谜团解开了 |
[32:48] | I had my money on Miss Scarlet, | 我赌的是猩红小姐 |
[32:50] | and it turns out it was Mrs. White in the conservatory with an LLC. | 结果却是温室的怀特太太,开了一家有限责任公司 |
[32:53] | Did you really think that I would sit back | 一群暴徒要毁掉我家族的公司 |
[32:56] | while a bunch of thugs destroy my family’s company? | 你真以为我会坐视不理? |
[33:00] | You don’t have the votes to stop the sale. | 你没有足够的选票来阻止交易 |
[33:02] | Yet, | 目前没有 |
[33:04] | I will keep fighting till the bitter end. Believe me. | 相信我,我会一直战斗到最后一刻 |
[33:08] | Cybil, by this time Friday, | 西比尔,周五的这个时候 |
[33:10] | UBA will be the biggest network in the country, | UBA将成为全国最大的电视网络 |
[33:13] | with the widest reach and the deepest pockets. | 拥有最广的覆盖范围和最雄厚的财力 |
[33:16] | You need to embrace the inevitable. | 你还是接受这已成定局的结果吧 |
[33:18] | This is a win. | 这是一场胜利 |
[33:23] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[33:25] | You don’t know. | 你还不知道 |
[33:28] | – You really don’t know. – No, what don’t I know? | – 你是真的被蒙在鼓里 – 不知道,愿闻其详 |
[33:31] | Okay. Okay. | 好吧,好的 |
[33:34] | I ran into Genevieve Micklen the other day at the salon. | 那天我在美容院里碰到了吉纳维芙 |
[33:40] | And normally, I avoid her. | 通常我都躲着她 |
[33:41] | I mean, who cares about her horses and her ridiculous blond highlights? | 我才不在乎她的马和她那可笑的金发挑染 |
[33:45] | But she had words for me, | 但她有我感兴趣的消息 |
[33:48] | and she was all too happy to rub it in my face. | 而且还得意洋洋地在我面前炫耀 |
[33:51] | Okay. What are you talking about? | 好吧,你要说什么? |
[33:52] | Paul Marks is stripping the network for parts, | 保罗马科思打算把电视网拆分出售 |
[33:57] | and Fred is helping him price the sale. | 弗雷德在帮他定价 |
[34:00] | Sports division, content library, the studio, the news. | 体育台、内容库、演播室、新闻部 |
[34:06] | They’re dismantling the entire company, | 他们要拆解整个公司 |
[34:10] | including your precious streamer. | 包括你那宝贵的流媒体 |
[34:15] | Do I have your attention now? | 现在你能赏脸听我说了吗? |
[34:21] | Have a nice day, Cybil. | 西比尔,祝你有愉快的一天 |
[34:42] | I’m not around. | 我不在公司 |
[34:59] | Fuck! | 该死 |
[35:19] | Hey, Isabella. | 嗨,伊莎贝拉 |
[35:20] | Hi, Cory. | 嗨,科里 |
[35:25] | We don’t knock anymore? | 现在连门都不敲了? |
[35:26] | – Are you part of this? – A part of what? | – 你也参与其中了?- 参与什么? |
[35:28] | Oh, fuck. | 该死 |
[35:30] | – Are you bleeding? – Yeah, you are. Of course you are. | – 你在流血?- 对,你参与了,当然如此 |
[35:33] | Hey, when Paul stood up in front of the news division | 嘿,当保罗站在新闻部前 |
[35:36] | and he said that he would keep his hands to himself, you were all fired up. | 说他不会插手管理事务时,你们都激动不已 |
[35:39] | You wanted to protect democracy, preserve the fourth estate. | 你想保护民主,保护第四权力 |
[35:42] | Did you know the plan then? | 那时你知道这个计划吗? |
[35:44] | Or did you hash it out while you were lying together in bed? | 还是你们一起躺在床上时商量出来的? |
[35:47] | Goddamn it, Alex. Oh, fuck me! | 该死,艾丽克丝,见鬼 |
[35:50] | Couldn’t you have just slashed my tires? | 你就不能只划破我的轮胎吗? |
[35:53] | Any goddamn thing except killing the entire fucking company. | 除了毁掉整个公司,你做什么都可以啊 |
[35:58] | Wow. Wow. And I’m so dumb. | 天啊…我真是蠢到家了 |
[36:01] | Here I thought the never-ending fucking pandemic was our biggest threat. | 我还以为永无休止的新冠疫情,才是我们最大的威胁 |
[36:06] | But no, it– that– it was in fa– It’s you and your boyfriend. | 但并非如此,你…你和你那个男友才是 |
[36:11] | How is it, everything that held us together– | 怎么回事?那些让我们,团结在一起的东西… |
[36:13] | it– just gone? | 就…这么没了? |
[36:17] | Fuck me. | 真是该死 |
[36:18] | Okay, well, yeah. No, you are actually right about this. | 好吧,是,不,其实你是对的 |
[36:21] | It is time to smash and shatter. | 大肆破坏的时候到了 |
[36:24] | Let’s burn it all down, ’cause who gives a fuck? | 我们来烧毁一切吧,因为还有谁在乎呢? |
[36:27] | Let’s peddle conspiracy theories and– | 我们来宣扬阴谋论 |
[36:30] | and scream at flight attendants, | 对着空乘人员大喊大叫 |
[36:32] | and shoot up grocery stores and subway cars. | 在杂货店和地铁里开枪 |
[36:35] | Someone out there has got to pay for our suffering! | 总得有人要为我们的痛苦付出代价 |
[36:42] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[36:44] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[36:46] | Do you know how many of these I’ve had to sit through? | 你知道有多少次这样的喋喋不休,我要耐着性子听完? |
[36:51] | I’m so sick of your self-righteous monologues, Cory. | 我受够了你自以为是的独白,科里 |
[36:54] | I didn’t kill anything. | 我什么也没毁掉 |
[36:56] | I’ve never had the power to kill anything. | 我也从来都没有这本事 |
[37:00] | I asked for a seat at that table. You didn’t give me a seat at that table. | 我要求参与公司管理,你却不答应 |
[37:03] | And let me remind you, back in Texas, when you so kindly educated me | 我来提醒你一下,在德克萨斯时,你好心地教育我说 |
[37:07] | that half of the streaming services were gonna be bought up or gone in five years, | 五年内一半的流媒体服务将被收购或消失 |
[37:13] | you said, “This ship is sinking. Get on board with Paul Marks.” | 你说:“这艘船正在下沉,快上保罗马科思的船吧” |
[37:16] | So, I got on board with Paul Marks. | 所以我就照做了 |
[37:18] | You said, “You’ve got to be nice to Paul Marks.” | 你说:“你必须对保罗马科思好一点” |
[37:20] | Not that fucking nice, Alex. | 没让你跟他好到这个地步,艾丽克丝 |
[37:23] | – My God. There are 20,000 employees here. – Don’t you fucking dare… | – 天啊,这里有两万名员工 – 别跟我说这个 |
[37:29] | pretend like you give a shit about anybody else in this building but yourself. | 别装出一副在乎这楼里其他人的样子,但其实你只在乎你自己 |
[37:34] | I’ve seen the books. There’s nothing left to save. | 我看过账本,没什么可以挽救的了 |
[37:38] | You were right. Nothing to save. | 你是对的,没什么可挽救的 |
[37:40] | Can you take responsibility | 你能不能对这楼里发生的 |
[37:42] | for one fucking thing that goes on in this building? | 哪怕一件不好的事负责? |
[37:46] | Well, if you’ll excuse me, I have a company to build. | 如果你不介意的话,我还要忙着创立一个公司呢 |
[37:52] | And those employees that you say you give a shit about | 还有那些你说你在乎 |
[37:54] | that you definitely don’t give a shit about? | 但其实根本不屑一顾的员工们 |
[37:57] | They’re coming with me, and I will be paying them what they deserve. | 他们会跟我走,我会给他们应得的报酬 |
[38:08] | Yes, Leonard! The whole fucking company, lock, stock and barrel. | 对,莱纳德,整个公司,从上到下 |
[38:12] | She’ll sell the furniture in the boardroom by the time this is all over. | 等这一切结束,她连董事会会议室里的家具都会卖掉 |
[38:15] | Hey, get me some fucking ice! | 嘿,拿点冰给我 |
[38:18] | Leonard. Leonard. | 莱纳德… |
[38:20] | Leonard, take a breath, please. You’re stammering like an idiot. | 莱纳德,冷静一下,你像个白痴一样结巴 |
[38:23] | Well, I just had a low-stress, respectful, life-affirming conversation | 我刚和科里埃里森进行了一次轻松、恭敬 |
[38:27] | with Cory Ellison. He knows, Paul. | 正能量的对话,他知道了,保罗 |
[38:30] | Yeah. Sorry you had to deal with that. | 是,抱歉让你面对这些 |
[38:31] | It’s bad. This is really bad. | 很糟,真的糟透了 |
[38:34] | – You know he’s gonna hit back. – Yeah, well, he can try. | – 他肯定会反击 – 是,他可以试试 |
[38:38] | This is exactly what we didn’t want to have happen. | 这正是我们不希望看到的情况 |
[38:40] | Okay. Look, it’s no surprise that he’s pissed off. | 好吧,听着,他勃然大怒一点也不奇怪 |
[38:43] | There’s gonna be a lot of that going around in the next few weeks. | 接下来的几周,这种情况会经常发生 |
[38:45] | I know. I know. I wanna go home. | 我知道…我想回家 |
[38:48] | All right. I’ll see you there as soon as I can. | 好吧,我会尽快回家见你 |
[38:49] | Okay. Bye. | 好,拜拜 |
[39:07] | Take me to UBA. | 去UBA |
[39:08] | Call a board meeting tonight. Get everyone here. | 今晚召开董事会,让所有人都来 |
[39:12] | They need to know what’s about to happen on their watch. | 得让他们知道在他们眼皮底下会出什么事 |
[39:16] | We need to shut this down right now. | 我们得立刻叫停这一切 |
[39:20] | Thank you, Kyle. I’ll keep the ice. Thank you. | 谢谢你,凯尔,冰留下来,谢谢 |
[39:46] | Gayle, I just need a minute. | 盖尔,我只想静一静 |
[39:52] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[39:56] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[39:58] | – What are you doing here? – I just– | – 你来干什么?- 我只是… |
[39:59] | I had the chance to talk to quite a few of your colleagues. | 我有幸和你的几位同事谈过 |
[40:03] | Haven’t really had a chance to talk to you. | 还没找到机会跟你谈谈呢 |
[40:04] | Not since Texas anyway. | 反正德克萨斯之后,我们就没聊过 |
[40:06] | Okay, well, I don’t have time to talk. | 好吧,我没时间跟你聊 |
[40:10] | – I have to get back out there. – This won’t take long. | – 我得回去继续录新闻 – 不会很久 |
[40:12] | All right. Well, I have 30 seconds. | 好吧,我有30秒的时间 |
[40:13] | Okay. Well, then… | 好,那么… |
[40:16] | I know you’re investigating Hyperion | 我知道你在调查超越者 |
[40:19] | and talking to some of my engineers and asking people to violate NDAs. | 而且正和我的一些工程师谈,让他们违反保密协议 |
[40:23] | Your company’s in serious trouble. | 你的公司陷入了大麻烦 |
[40:26] | You’re out of money. | 你没钱了 |
[40:27] | And what you’re doing is not safe. You’re trying to silence people. | 你的火箭有安全隐患,而你却试图让人们噤声 |
[40:30] | Yeah. And if you had anything to back that up, you would have already run it. | 是,不过若你有证据的话,你早就公之于众了 |
[40:34] | Someone’s gonna talk. It’s just a matter of time. | 会有人开口的,只是时间问题 |
[40:40] | – How’s your brother? – What? | – 你弟弟怎么样?- 什么? |
[40:45] | Bradley, now. | 布莱德莉,要录了 |
[40:46] | No, I just need one minute. | 不,等我一下 |
[40:53] | Cue the pretape. Something’s off with Bradley. | 准备播预录节目,布莱德莉有点不对劲 |
[40:56] | Your brother, Hal. How’s he doing? | 你弟弟哈尔,他怎么样? |
[40:59] | Does his wife know what you did for him at the Capitol? | 他妻子知道你在国会大厦为他做的事吗? |
[41:04] | I mean, conspiracy, sedition, | 我是说,阴谋、煽动叛乱 |
[41:09] | lying to the FBI, these are all really serious charges. | 对联邦调查局撒谎,这些都是非常严重的指控 |
[41:13] | You and Cory really went all in, didn’t you? | 你和科里真的是孤注一掷,是吧? |
[41:17] | And then there’s Laura’s exposure to this too. | 然后劳拉也知情了 |
[41:20] | Geez, she knew about it, and she didn’t report it. | 天啊,她知道这件事,却没有举报 |
[41:24] | That’s the kind of thing that really ruins somebody’s credibility. | 这种事真的会令一个人名誉扫地 |
[41:27] | – Don’t bring Laura into this. – See, I think you already did. | – 别把劳拉牵扯进来 – 是这样,我觉得你已经把她牵扯进来了 |
[41:32] | But you can protect her. And your brother. | 但你能保护她,还有你弟弟 |
[41:35] | You can make it all go away. | 你可以让这些危机都烟消云散 |
[41:44] | Food for thought. | 好好考虑一下 |
[41:48] | Have a good show. | 祝节目顺利 |
[42:11] | In five, four, three… | 倒数五、四、三… |
[42:15] | Russian President Vladimir Putin marked Victory Day on Monday, | 俄罗斯总统弗拉基米尔普京,星期一在红场发表讲话 |
[42:19] | the anniversary of the Soviet Union’s defeat of Nazi Germany, | 纪念苏联击败纳粹德国的胜利日 |
[42:22] | with a speech in Red Square defending the current invasion of Ukraine. | 同时为目前入侵乌克兰的行动辩护 |
[42:27] | Putin maintained that what he calls “a special military operation” | 普京坚称,他所谓的“特殊军事行动” |
[42:32] | is essential to rebuke Western aggression. | 是谴责西方侵略的必要手段 |
[42:35] | President Biden made a final push to… | 拜登总统做出最后努力去… |
[42:40] | finals… | 最后的… |
[42:42] | I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[42:46] | I’m just… | 我只是… |
[42:48] | Bradley, get back to the prompter. | 布莱德莉,继续读提词器 |
[42:55] | The prompter, Bradley. | 提词器,布莱德莉 |
[43:04] | I just– I wanted to make a difference. Somehow. | 我只是…我想造成改变,用某种方式 |
[43:10] | I wanna help those people who feel small. | 我想帮助那些感到渺小的人 |
[43:16] | And forgotten. | 和那些被遗忘的人 |
[43:17] | Bradley, what are you doing? | 布莱德莉,你在做什么? |
[43:19] | And during these last three years, | 在过去的三年里 |
[43:21] | there are so many people here at this network | 在这个电视网络中,有很多人 |
[43:23] | who have supported me in that mission. | 支持我完成这一使命 |
[43:25] | And I wanna thank a few of them. Mia Jordan. | 我想感谢他们中的一些人,米娅乔丹 |
[43:28] | Please stop talking. | 请别再说了 |
[43:30] | Charles Black, Gayle Burns, Stella Bak and Alex Levy. | 查尔斯布莱克、盖尔伯恩斯,斯黛拉朴和艾丽克丝利维 |
[43:36] | What? | 搞什么? |
[43:37] | And I wanna thank you, our viewers, for allowing me the honor | 还有,我想感谢你们,我们的观众,感谢你们让我有幸 |
[43:44] | of being in your living room every night and sharing the news with you. | 每晚来到你们的客厅,与你们分享新闻 |
[43:49] | It has been my privilege. | 这是我的荣幸 |
[43:53] | It has been a dream come true. | 我已经梦想成真了 |
[43:56] | Effective immediately, I’m resigning from UBA for personal reasons. | 我因个人原因从UBA辞职,即日起生效 |
[44:01] | This will be my final broadcast. | 这将是我最后一次播报新闻 |
[44:03] | Thank you for watching. Stay safe, and good night. | 感谢收看,注意安全,晚安 |
[44:14] | Jump out of this. Cut to commercial. | 切出来,插播广告 |
[44:25] | – Get the fuck out of my way. – Hey. | – 别挡道 – 嘿 |
[44:28] | Bradley! What’s going on? | 布莱德莉,怎么回事? |
[44:31] | – Bradley? – Stop! Hey, talk to me. | – 布莱德莉?- 站住,嘿,和我聊聊 |
[44:34] | I can’t. I can’t. I gotta go. | 不行…我得走了 |
[44:37] | Hey, I need to know what’s happening. Bradley! Bradley! | 嘿,我得知道出什么事了,布莱德莉… |
[44:42] | You got anything? She’s not picking up her cell. | 你有消息吗?她不接电话 |
[44:44] | Tried her office. She’s not picking up. | 我打给她办公室,她不接电话 |
[44:47] | Where the fuck is she? | 她到底在哪? |
[44:50] | Times called, NBN called, Bloomberg. What do I tell them? | 《纽约时报》、国家宽带网和,彭博社都打电话来了,我该怎么说? |
[44:53] | Tell ’em I don’t know what the fuck is going on with Bradley, | 告诉他们我不知道,布莱德莉到底是怎么回事 |
[44:55] | that I’m having a series of moderate to severe panic attacks, | 我正经历一系列中度到重度的恐慌症发作 |
[44:58] | and that Alex Levy and the billionaire that she’s boning | 还有就是,艾丽克丝利维,以及和她上床的亿万富翁 |
[45:00] | are about to sell our company for parts before our own very fucking eyes. | 要当着我们的面拆分我们的公司去卖 |
[45:06] | – So tell them… – Nothing. Tell them nothing. | – 所以告诉他们… – 什么都别说… |
[45:08] | Can you at least find out if Bradley is still in the building? | 你能至少查一下,布莱德莉是否还在大楼里吗? |
[45:13] | – Did you see it? – Yes, uh-huh, I did see it. | – 你看了吗?- 是的,没错,看到了 |
[45:15] | Did you talk to her or did– What did she say? | 你跟她聊过,或…她说什么了吗? |
[45:18] | No, not that. This. | 不,不是那个,这个 |
[45:19] | What is this? | 这是什么? |
[45:21] | The Vault. It just dropped. | 金库网站刚爆出的新闻 |
[45:23] | They’re saying that you were grooming Bradley. | 他们说你与布莱德莉交好是为了利用她 |
[45:26] | That you put her in the same hotel that you were staying at, | 你让她和你住在同一家酒店… |
[45:28] | That you put her in the same hotel that you were staying at, | UBA的另一个性掠夺者 |
[45:28] | managing her rise at UBA. | UBA的另一个性掠夺者 |
[45:29] | managing her rise at UBA. | …并帮她在UBA崛起 |
[45:31] | When she rejected you, you retaliated by outing Bradley and Laura. | 当她拒绝你时,你公开了,她和劳拉的同性恋情来报复她 |
[45:36] | Paul fucking Marks. | 该死的保罗马科思 |
[45:39] | Cory, is it true? | 科里,这是真的吗? |
[45:44] | – Now what? – Security’s on their way up. | – 现在怎么办?- 保安正在上来的路上 |
[45:47] | They’ve been told to escort you out of the building. | 他们奉命护送你离开这里 |