时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:08] | How old was the boy? | 那男孩多大? |
[02:09] | (格兰茨维尔警察局) | |
[02:11] | Just turned nine. | 刚满九岁 |
[02:13] | Jesus. | 天啊 |
[02:21] | Is this your daddy? | 这是你爸爸吗? |
[02:23] | And he was driving? | 当时是他在开车? |
[02:49] | Bradley? | 布莱德莉? |
[02:54] | Bradley! | 布莱德莉 |
[02:55] | Hey, I– Listen, I completely understand why you’d be upset with me. | 嘿 我…听着 我完全理解你为何生我的气 |
[02:58] | – Go away. – I’ve got a lot of explaining to do. | – 走开 – 我有很多事要跟你解释 |
[03:00] | Paul was behind this. | 这是保罗一手策划的 |
[03:02] | Please just leave me alone, Cory. | 求你别烦我了 科里 |
[03:03] | Paul was behind this. Can you just let me in so we can talk about it? | 保罗是幕后主使 能先让我进去 我们谈谈好吗? |
[03:06] | Cory, Paul knows. He fucking knows. | 科里 保罗知道了 他都知道 |
[03:15] | How? | 怎么知道的? |
[03:17] | How does he know? Bradley. | 他怎么知道的?布莱德莉 |
[03:22] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[03:23] | Go away, please. I’m being serious. Please– | 你走吧 求你了 我是认真的 拜托… |
[03:26] | Please, just leave me alone. | 求你了 让我一个人待着吧 |
[03:41] | You’ve reached Bradley Jackson. Leave a message. | 我是布莱德莉杰克森 请留言 |
[03:44] | Come on. | 接啊 |
[03:47] | (另一个UBA性掠食者 首席执行官科里艾利森) | |
[03:50] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[03:52] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[03:55] | I’m assuming you saw this broadcast. | 我猜你看了刚刚的新闻直播 |
[03:56] | I did. I did and this– | 是的 看了 还有这个… |
[03:59] | I just saw this article on Cory. | 我刚看见这篇关于科里的报道 |
[04:01] | Yeah. Well, I mean, he had to be shut down. | 是 必须得叫停他的所有活动 |
[04:06] | It’s not like he could blow up the deal, but like you said, | 倒不是说他能搞砸这笔交易 但就像你说的 |
[04:08] | I’m sure he sure as shit would’ve tried. | 我相信他肯定会尝试搞破坏 |
[04:11] | You planted this article? | 这篇报道是你私下安排的? |
[04:14] | I gave them information. | 我提供的情报 |
[04:16] | Oh, my God, Paul. Cory is a lot of things, but a sexual predator? | 天啊 保罗 科里有很多毛病 但说他是性侵犯者也太过了吧? |
[04:19] | I mean, honestly, why didn’t you talk to me about this? | 说真的 你为何不提前跟我商量一下呢? |
[04:22] | We don’t do this. | 我们不该做这种事 |
[04:24] | I didn’t want you to get your hands dirty. | 我不想让你参与肮脏的勾当 |
[04:26] | This is not just bad for Cory. This is terrible for Bradley. | 这不仅对科里不利 更是严重打击了布莱德莉 |
[04:29] | She just resigned. | 她刚刚辞职了 |
[04:31] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[04:35] | That article is not why she resigned. | 她辞职不是因为这篇报道 |
[04:39] | Well, then what– | 那是因为… |
[04:41] | Okay. | 我就直说了 |
[04:42] | I just spoke to Gayle. | 我刚和盖尔聊过 |
[04:44] | She said that she saw you go into Bradley’s dressing room | 她说布莱德莉上节目前 她看到你 |
[04:46] | right before she went on air, so you– | 进了她的化妆间 所以你… |
[04:47] | Just tell me what happened. What did you say to her? | 告诉我怎么回事 你对她说了什么? |
[04:52] | A friend of mine from the FBI reached out to me. | 我在联邦调查局的一个朋友之前找过我 |
[04:56] | The Feds are considering leveling charges against Bradley and her brother. | 联邦调查局正在考虑 起诉布莱德莉和她弟弟 |
[04:59] | What? Char– What char– What are you talking about? | 什么?起…起诉…什么情况啊? |
[05:04] | Her brother assaulted a Capitol Hill police officer on January 6th, | 1月6日事件中 她的弟弟 袭击了国会山的一名警察 |
[05:08] | and Bradley withheld evidence to help cover it up. | 而布莱德莉则隐瞒证据 掩盖了他的罪行 |
[05:15] | Oh, my God. | 天啊 |
[05:18] | No. | 不 |
[05:21] | Oh, my God. Why didn’t you– | 天啊 你为什么不… |
[05:23] | How did you know this, and you not talk to me about this– | 这么大的事 你怎么能知情却不告诉我… |
[05:25] | Alex, if this was made public, it would be a fucking disaster. | 艾丽克丝 如果这件事公之于众 那无疑是一场灾难 |
[05:28] | I mean, this could feed mistrust of the media. | 这会助长人们对媒体的不信任 |
[05:31] | This could blow back on you. | 你也会受牵连 |
[05:33] | You’re the one who brought her in. | 因为是你带她来UBA的 |
[05:35] | Not a great look for someone who’s trying to launch something new. | 你马上要成立新公司了 这样的负面新闻会对你的形象不利 |
[05:38] | Did you tell her to resign? | 是你让她辞职的吗? |
[05:40] | I told her that I would do every single thing in my power to help. | 我告诉她会尽我所能去帮她 |
[05:45] | Resigning was her idea. | 是她自己要辞职的 |
[05:48] | And honestly, I think she felt relieved. | 老实说 我觉得她如释重负 |
[06:06] | Anybody out there? Hello? | 有人在吗?喂? |
[06:10] | Hello? | 喂? |
[06:12] | CodeQueen. | 是代码女皇 |
[06:13] | Hey, Mel. | 嗨 梅尔 |
[06:15] | It’s been forever. | 好久不见啊 |
[06:16] | You haven’t seen SpaceCase around, have you? | 你最近见过“太空之谜”吗? |
[06:20] | A couple months ago. She was messed up though. | 几个月前见过 不过她那时状态很差 |
[06:23] | Some weird shit was going down. | 发生了一些不寻常的事 |
[06:24] | What kind of weird shit? | 什么不寻常的事? |
[06:26] | I don’t know. You try DMing her? | 不知道 你试过直接发消息给她吗? |
[06:29] | I told her to go to Nevermore, fuck up some zombies. | 我让她去永无村杀僵尸 |
[06:32] | Yeah. Yeah, I got it. Thanks. | 好…知道了 谢谢 |
[06:34] | Sure. See you. | 不客气 再见 |
[06:39] | (太空之谜) | |
[06:41] | (嗨 凯特…) | |
[06:42] | (我不知道你会不会 看到这条留言 但你是对的) | |
[06:46] | (他已经让布莱德莉噤声了) | |
[06:51] | (我需要你的帮助) | |
[07:00] | We’re still reeling from last night’s UBA double whammy. | 我们还没从昨晚 UBA的双重打击中恢复过来 |
[07:02] | We’re still reeling from last night’s UBA double whammy. | (UBA首席执行官科里艾利森) |
[07:03] | We’re still reeling from last night’s UBA double whammy. | (被曝出“培训” 布莱德莉杰克森的丑闻) |
[07:04] | Top-rated evening anchor Bradley Jackson resigned on air | (被曝出“培训” 布莱德莉杰克森的丑闻) |
[07:05] | Top-rated evening anchor Bradley Jackson resigned on air | 收视率最高的晚间新闻主播 布莱德莉杰克森在直播中辞职 |
[07:08] | citing, that old chestnut, personal reasons. | 理由是老生常谈的“个人原因” |
[07:11] | Translation? Cory Ellison. | 翻译过来就是“科里艾利森” |
[07:14] | As that elevator photo makes painfully clear, | 这张电梯中拍的照片清楚地表明 |
[07:17] | UBA’s CEO got way too personal with his attractive on-air talent, | UBA的首席执行官与他这位 魅力四射的新闻主播太过亲密 |
[07:22] | and UBA top brass dutifully announced | 对此 UBA高层尽职尽责地宣布 |
[07:25] | they’ve hired an independent law firm to investigate any possible misconduct. | 他们已经聘请了一家独立律师事务所 来调查任何可能的不当行为 |
[07:29] | Y’all. Really? Let me save you some billable hours. | 你们这些人 何必呢? 我来帮你们省点计费时间 |
[07:32] | New boss, same as the creepy old boss. | 新老板和之前那个变态旧老板没两样 |
[07:35] | So, what? | 那又如何? |
[07:37] | I’m gonna become an asterisk right under Mitch Kessler’s asterisk? | 我会像米切凯斯勒那样 一切成就都被抹杀? |
[07:41] | Not a rapist, but just bad enough to never work again? | 虽不是强奸犯 但罪恶滔天 以至于再也不能工作? |
[07:43] | We’re not giving credence to a tabloid by responding to false allegations. | 我们不会回应虚假指控 去给小报增加可信度 |
[07:47] | Are you sure? | 你确定? |
[07:49] | They say every picture tells a story, | 人们都说 每张照片背后都有一个故事 |
[07:51] | and Bradley Jackson slumped in Cory’s arms like a dead dog | 布莱德莉杰克森像一条死狗一样 瘫倒在科里怀里 |
[07:56] | tells rather a lurid one, don’t you think? | 这故事相当耸人听闻 你不觉得吗? |
[07:58] | Let me tell you another story, Leonard. | 莱纳德 不如我给你讲另一个故事吧 |
[08:00] | Bradley was piss drunk that night, and I helped her up to her room. | 布莱德莉那晚喝得烂醉如泥 我扶她坐电梯回她的房间 |
[08:05] | We had grilled cheese, | 我们吃了烤芝士三文治 |
[08:07] | and then she passed out while I watched TV in the other room. | 然后她就昏睡过去了 而我当时在另一个房间看电视 |
[08:10] | I don’t remember any sexual harassment, | 我不记得对她有任何性骚扰的举动 |
[08:13] | but I fucking remember that grilled cheese, ’cause it was good. | 但我记得烤芝士三文治 因为实在太好吃了 |
[08:16] | So let’s put out that statement and let me get back to work. | 既然如此 请记下这段陈述 并让我回去工作 |
[08:18] | I think it’s too messy, Cory. | 我觉得这件事太麻烦了 科里 |
[08:20] | Between that and the outing, | 加上你爆料她们的恋情 |
[08:22] | I think the public would never be able to get its head around it. | 我想公众永远无法理解 |
[08:24] | Look, just cooperate with the inquiry, | 听着 你就乖乖配合调查吧 |
[08:28] | and in the meantime, for heaven’s sake, take a leave of absence. | 与此同时 拜托你就休假吧 |
[08:31] | At least until the deal’s done. | 至少在交易完成前别回来 |
[08:33] | You know what? Inquire away. But I’m not going anywhere. | 不如这样 你们随便调查 但我哪也不去 |
[08:37] | Brenda, if you would be so kind, I’d like a private word with Leonard. | 布兰达 麻烦你离开一下 我想和莱纳德单独聊聊 |
[08:41] | Of course. | 没问题 |
[08:47] | Leonard. | 莱纳德 |
[08:51] | So, what do you want, Cory? | 科里 你想说什么? |
[08:53] | Don’t let him sell us off. | 别让他把UBA卖掉 |
[08:56] | You can be the savior of legacy media. | 你可以成为传统媒体的救世主 |
[08:59] | You can be the champion of the free press. | 你可以成为新闻自由的捍卫者 |
[09:01] | Just convince the shareholders to vote no on the deal. | 只要说服股东对这笔交易投反对票就行了 |
[09:05] | At least until we have another offer in place. | 至少坚持到我们有其他报价前 |
[09:07] | What other offers? | 什么其他报价? |
[09:09] | Who else is gonna take the company on after what you’ve done? | 你这个丑闻曝光后 还有谁愿意接手这家公司? |
[09:12] | No. Let Paul Marks sell it off, and then we’re done with it. | 不 就让保罗马科思卖了它 然后我们就一了百了 |
[09:44] | – Hello? – Cybil. | – 喂? – 西比尔 |
[09:46] | – Cory? – Hi. | – 科里 – 嗨 |
[09:48] | I think we could both use a friend. | 我觉得我们可以联手、互助一下 |
[09:52] | Run it through legal. | 问一下法务部的意见 |
[09:53] | We don’t know, so we don’t comment. | 不知道 所以我们不予置评 |
[09:55] | Sit on it until I get back to you. | 你先按兵不动 等我的回复 |
[09:57] | Hey. Anyone heard from Bradley? | 嘿 有人联系上布莱德莉了吗? |
[10:00] | Bradley, yeah. She’s not answering her calls or emails. | 布莱德莉 是 她不接电话 也不回电邮 |
[10:03] | Okay, maybe I should go talk to her– | 好吧 也许我该去找她谈谈… |
[10:04] | No, no. RJ went over there earlier. She wouldn’t let him in. | 不…RJ之前去找过她 被拒之门外了 |
[10:08] | This fucking article. | 都怪那篇该死的报道 |
[10:09] | I can’t even believe it. Do you think it’s true? | 简直难以置信 你觉得上面写的是真的吗? |
[10:14] | I don’t know what to think. | 我不知道该怎么想 |
[10:16] | Okay, what about the evening news? What’s the plan? | 好吧 那晚间新闻怎么办? 你有什么打算? |
[10:19] | Joshua’s covering. | 乔舒华会代班 |
[10:21] | But not permanently. | 但这不是长久之计 |
[10:23] | Listen, if you’re gonna pick up somebody from TMS, like Chris or Yanko, | 听着 如果你想从《TMS》中 找人接晚间新闻 比如杨科或克里斯 |
[10:26] | I’d appreciate the heads-up. It’s crazy enough as it is. | 希望能先跟我打个招呼 我现在已经够焦头烂额了 |
[10:30] | You wanna sit down for a sec? | 你想坐下来聊聊吗? |
[10:39] | After Friday, we may not need a permanent news anchor. | 周五之后 可能就不需要常任新闻主播了 |
[10:45] | What do you mean he’s breaking it up? You gotta be fucking kidding me. | 你说他要拆分电视网 是什么意思?开什么玩笑 |
[10:47] | Yeah, fuck it. Let’s give Paul Marks fucking color bars. | 对 去他的 我们给保罗马科思 播彩色条纹讯号 |
[10:50] | That’s right, yeah. No more TMS. Yeah, we’ll stage a walkout. | 没错…不录《TMS》了 对 我们要罢工 |
[10:53] | I don’t know. This is a big story, Yanko. | 再考虑一下 这可是个大新闻 杨科 |
[10:55] | Chris, so what? Then we’ll slip it to YDA, and we do the walkout. | 克里斯 那又怎样?那我们偷偷 把消息给《YDA》然后再罢工 |
[10:58] | – It’s not that simple. – This is our story to tell. | – 事情没那么简单 – 这个新闻必须由我们来曝光 |
[11:00] | We should do the show. | 我们应该录《TMS》 |
[11:02] | We don’t have enough to run anything. | 我们没有足够的情报来录节目 |
[11:04] | Bradley was working the Hyperion angle before she resigned. | 布莱德莉辞职前一直在调查超越者 |
[11:07] | Our whistleblower went AWOL. | 我们的举报人销声匿迹了 |
[11:09] | Literally no one will go on the record. | 基本上没人愿意公开作证 |
[11:11] | Stella’s right. Trash-talking Paul Marks is not even gonna make Twitter, so– | 斯黛拉说得对 辱骂保罗马科思的内容 连推特上都发不了 所以… |
[11:15] | Who cares about Paul Marks? | 保罗马科思算什么 |
[11:17] | The 20,000 employees at UBA deserve to know what’s at stake in this board vote. | UBA的两万名员工有权知道自己在 这次董事会投票中所承受的风险 |
[11:22] | If the lights are going out, we need to talk about what that means for them. | 如果公司要关门了 我们得谈谈这对他们、对我们 |
[11:26] | For us. | 意味着什么 |
[11:29] | Yeah, we’d need something loud though. | 对 不过我们必须做到吸引眼球 |
[11:31] | The right guest. | 找一个最适合的嘉宾 |
[11:33] | Someone who has nothing to lose. | 一个无所顾忌的人 |
[11:44] | (我知道你不想说话 但你要知道我就在这里) | |
[11:47] | (请让我知道你没事) | |
[12:02] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[12:10] | This is why they hate us. | 难怪人们讨厌我们 |
[12:11] | Ninety million gallons of water a year on this shit. | 一年要用掉巨量的水来维护这个场地 |
[12:15] | They let you join this place? | 他们居然让你加入了? |
[12:17] | Oh, no, I’d never pass the background check. | 没有 我不可能通过背景调查 |
[12:19] | I was arrested protesting CFCs in the ’80s. | 我在1980年代曾因抗议氯氟烃而被捕 |
[12:22] | Clothing-optional. | 因为是裸体抗议 |
[12:23] | But we made our point. You see the ozone layer? | 但我们的观点已被证实 看见臭氧层了吗? |
[12:25] | Yeah, then you’re trespassing. | 是 那你就是非法侵入 |
[12:28] | And how exactly did you find me? | 你到底是怎么找到我的? |
[12:30] | You’re a creature of habit, Reed. | 你是个墨守成规的人 里德 |
[12:32] | And you’re toxic, Cory. Full-on radioactive. | 而你是个有毒的人 科里 谁靠近你都会被毒害 |
[12:35] | That’s exactly what Paul Marks wants you to think, | 你正中了保罗马科思的下怀 |
[12:38] | because he would lose his fucking mind if he knew what I came here to say. | 他若是知道我即将对你说的话 肯定会怒不可遏 |
[12:47] | Guys, give me a minute? | 各位 让我们私下聊聊? |
[12:48] | – Sure. – Sure. | – 好 – 好的 |
[12:53] | Yeah. | 是 |
[12:57] | Paul may not have the votes. | 保罗可能拿不到足够的赞成票 |
[12:59] | There are rumors of major problems at Hyperion, | 有传言说超越者内部有严重问题 |
[13:03] | and our shareholders are getting jumpy. | 因此 我们的股东也开始紧张了 |
[13:07] | So you’re looking for another buyer? | 所以你在找另一个买家? |
[13:09] | I am looking for a loan. | 我在找一笔贷款 |
[13:11] | You know, like that eight billion you were gonna give me a few weeks ago. | 就像几周前你要给我的那八十亿 |
[13:14] | That’s the security blanket our key investors need | 这是让我们的主要投资者投靠我们所需的 |
[13:17] | to defect to our side. | 商定金额 |
[13:18] | Yeah, sorry, that loan’s off the table. | 是 抱歉 那笔贷款泡汤了 |
[13:20] | I figured as much. | 我想也是 |
[13:21] | So, I’m happy to sweeten the deal. | 所以我很乐意给你更多甜头 |
[13:25] | We will give Sloan a piece of UBA’s equity. | 我们会给斯隆公司一部分UBA的股权 |
[13:29] | You won’t even know how to spend that much money. | 价值连城 |
[13:33] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[13:34] | When someone has smallpox, I don’t really wanna share their blanket. | 如果有人得了天花 我可不想和他共用一条毯子 |
[13:38] | Your buddy, Fred, seems to think the deal is worth the trouble. | 你的朋友弗雷德 似乎认为这笔交易值得忙活一下 |
[13:46] | He’s advising Hyperion on the breakup value of UBA’s assets | 他正在就UBA资产的拆分价值 向超越者提供建议 |
[13:49] | and getting a serious payout for his trouble. | 并从中获取一笔可观的回报 |
[13:54] | Sounds like he’s forgetting who his friends are. | 听起来像是他忘了谁才是朋友 |
[14:00] | Well, whip some votes, Cory. | 那就去拉票吧 科里 |
[14:04] | And maybe I’ll write you that check. | 也许我会把那张支票开给你 |
[14:19] | Bradley, I am not leaving until you open the door and I talk to you, | 布莱德莉 我今天一定要 等到你开门、和我说说话 |
[14:23] | and I know that you’re okay. | 我确保你没事后才走 |
[14:30] | Bradley. | 布莱德莉 |
[14:34] | Oh, thank God. Can I please come in? | 谢天谢地 我能进去吗? |
[14:39] | You have to leave your bag in the hall. | 你得把包放在走廊里 |
[14:43] | – What? – You can’t come in | – 什么? – 你得把包放在走廊里 |
[14:44] | unless you leave your bag in the hall. | 我才能让你进来 |
[14:46] | Okay. | 好 |
[14:51] | And that. | 还有那个 |
[14:58] | Okay. | 好 |
[15:05] | – Okay. Come on. – Okay. | – 好了 进来吧 – 好 |
[15:10] | Did you lie to the FBI? | 你对联邦调查局撒谎了吗? |
[15:16] | Oh, fuck, Bradley! | 该死 布莱德莉 |
[15:18] | I didn’t have a choice. He’s my brother. | 我别无选择 他是我弟弟 |
[15:20] | Of course you did! You have a choice. You always have a choice! | 你当然有 你有选择 你总能做出选择 |
[15:22] | No, I fucking didn’t, Alex! | 艾丽克丝 才不是 我根本没得选 |
[15:25] | He’s my only family. How could I do that to him? | 他是我唯一的家人 我怎么能那样对他? |
[15:28] | Could you do that to Lizzy? | 你忍心那样对莉兹吗? |
[15:32] | I could’ve helped you. I could’ve helped you. We– | 我本可以帮你的…我们… |
[15:34] | – We could’ve helped you. – Who? You and Paul? | – 我们本可以帮你的 – 谁?你和保罗? |
[15:38] | I tried to warn you about him. | 我试图警告你要小心他 |
[15:39] | I tried to tell you, but you did not wanna hear it. | 我想告诉你 但你不想听 |
[15:42] | What the hell does Paul have to do with any of this? | 你干吗把保罗扯进来? 这事跟他有什么关系? |
[15:44] | How did he know, Alex? How did he know? | 艾丽克丝 他是怎么知道的? |
[15:47] | You’re a journalist. How the fuck did he know about me and Hal? | 你是个记者 想想看 他怎么知道我和哈尔的事? |
[15:51] | There are hours– Hundreds of hours of footage of that day. | 有几百…那天有几百个小时的视频素材 |
[15:55] | You really thought– You thought no one would figure this out? | 你真以为…你以为 可以瞒天过海、不被发现? |
[15:58] | Somebody did figure it out. Laura figured it out. | 确实有人发现了 劳拉发现了 |
[16:01] | – Okay. – When Paul came to talk to me, | – 好 – 保罗之前找我时 |
[16:04] | he knew that Laura had already confronted me. | 他知道劳拉已经质问过我这件事 |
[16:06] | He knew exactly what she had said. | 他清楚地知道她说了什么 |
[16:09] | And we were in a private space. We were at her house. | 可我们当时是在一个 私人空间聊的 是在她家里 |
[16:12] | There was nobody else there. | 根本没有其他人在场 |
[16:14] | How did he know? | 他是怎么知道的? |
[16:16] | How is that possible? | 这怎么可能? |
[16:18] | How the fuck did he know what she said? | 他怎么会知道她说了什么? |
[16:26] | So you think he’s surveilling you? | 这么说 你觉得他在监视你? |
[16:28] | I think he’s been surveilling me. | 我觉得他一直在监视我 |
[16:30] | Ever since he found out I was investigating him. | 自从他发现我在调查他开始 |
[16:33] | And I don’t know if he’s on my phone, I don’t know if he’s on my computer, | 我不知道他是在监听我的手机 还是在监看我的电脑 |
[16:36] | but he has eyes on me. It is very clear. | 但他在监视我 这点毋容置疑 |
[16:40] | That’s a really big leap, Bradley. | 布莱德莉 你这个结论太草率了 |
[16:42] | You have to stop this sale. | 你必须阻止这笔交易达成 |
[16:45] | You have to, Alex. | 艾丽克丝 你必须要这样 |
[16:50] | Even if you have proof, what am I gonna do? | 就算你有证据 我能怎么做? |
[16:53] | How do I stop this sale? | 我能怎么阻止? |
[16:54] | I don’t know. You’re fucking smart. You’re gonna figure it out. | 我不知道 你聪明绝顶 你会想出办法的 |
[16:57] | Talk to Stella. She started this. | 去跟斯黛拉聊聊 这一切都是她起的头 |
[16:59] | She started pulling threads, and there’s something there, Alex. | 是她开始追查线索 确实有可疑之处 艾丽克丝 |
[17:02] | There’s something there. | 有疑点 |
[17:04] | But I gotta get out of here. I gotta go to West Virginia. | 但我得离开这里 我要去西弗吉尼亚 |
[17:07] | I gotta get the fuck out of town. | 我得离开这里 |
[17:08] | – Slow down. Just slow down. – I have to hide. | – 别急 你先冷静 – 我得躲起来 |
[17:10] | You can’t just leave, okay? Just slow down. | 你不能就这么一走了之 好吗? 你要先冷静下来 |
[17:13] | – Do you know what he said to me, Alex? – No. God, no. | – 艾丽克丝 你知道他说什么? – 天啊 不知… |
[17:16] | He told me he would destroy her life. | 他说他会毁了她的生活 |
[17:19] | He said he would ruin Laura’s career. | 他说他会毁了劳拉的事业 |
[17:25] | I can’t let that happen. | 我不能让这种事发生 |
[17:27] | I won’t let that happen. | 我不会让这种事发生 |
[17:54] | (保罗马科思:你快回家了吗?) | |
[17:57] | (如果今晚不行 我可以取消) | |
[18:04] | Ms. Levy, you ready to head home, or should I keep driving? | 利维小姐 你要回家了吗? 还是我继续开? |
[18:07] | Could you just keep driving, please? | 能请你继续开吗? |
[18:21] | (布莱德莉杰克森) | |
[18:25] | (你是对的) | |
[18:26] | (远离这一切) | |
[18:30] | (回西弗吉尼亚去吧) | |
[18:44] | (回到汉诺威县) | |
[18:55] | Okay. | 好的 |
[19:12] | – Hey. There you are. – Hi. | – 嗨 你可回来了 – 嗨 |
[19:13] | – I was starting to get worried. – I’m sorry. | – 我都开始担心了 – 很抱歉 |
[19:20] | How was your day? | 今天过得怎样? |
[19:21] | Great. You know, | 很好 |
[19:22] | a succession of lawyers like Russian nesting dolls in Brooks Brothers suits. | 一个接一个的律师就像身着 布鲁克斯兄弟西装的俄罗斯套娃 |
[19:29] | How was yours? You holding up? | 你怎么样?你还好吗? |
[19:33] | I saw Bradley. | 我见了布莱德莉 |
[19:39] | How is she? | 她情况如何? |
[19:40] | Pretty fucked up. | 很糟 |
[19:43] | She did not sound like herself. Really manic. | 她说话时好像变了一个人 很狂躁 |
[19:47] | That’s grim. | 情况很严峻 |
[19:50] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[19:51] | What was she saying? | 她说了什么? |
[19:57] | Nothing. | 什么都没说 |
[19:59] | You know, it was more how sh– It’s more how she sounded. | 问题在于…她说话的语气 |
[20:03] | You know, I think she just knows that there’s no coming back from what she did. | 我觉得是她知道自己永无翻身之日了 |
[20:10] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[20:10] | I just really want this part to be over, you know? | 我真希望这个阶段能赶快结束 |
[20:13] | Just so much pressure with this deal | 这笔交易带来的压力太大了 |
[20:16] | and everybody just wanting to, like, tear it down. | 所有人好像都只想阻止、搅黄它 |
[20:21] | We will get through this part. | 我们会熬过这个阶段的 |
[20:22] | And then when we are on the other side of this, | 尘埃落定后 |
[20:25] | it will be a whole lot better. | 一切都会柳暗花明 |
[20:28] | I just really wish there was something I could do for her, you know? | 我只是真希望自己能为她做点什么 |
[20:33] | Well, she’s gonna have to start doing some things for herself. | 她得开始自己解决问题了 |
[20:38] | I know. | 我知道 |
[20:39] | But I think there’s still such a thing as a second chance. | 但我认为还是有第二次机会的 |
[20:44] | Sometimes. | 有时有 |
[20:45] | Yeah. Well, I think she just has to disappear, you know? | 是 我觉得她得先销声匿迹 |
[20:49] | Go back to Hanover | 回汉诺威县 |
[20:50] | and just hide out until all this blows over. | 躲起来 直到这一切都平息 |
[20:55] | So are we still doing dinner or has that ship sailed? | 那我们 还出去吃晚饭吗?还是不去了? |
[21:01] | You know, I’m so tired. | 其实吧 我好累 |
[21:04] | The day’s really caught up with me. | 这一天真的把我累坏了 |
[21:06] | Do you mind if we order in? | 我们叫外卖好吗? |
[21:09] | No, it’s fine. Whatever you want. | 好的 没问题 你想怎么样都行 |
[21:11] | Okay. Just choose anything. | 好的 随便点什么吃的都行 |
[21:13] | – I’m gonna go change. Be right out. – Okay. | – 我去换衣服 马上就出来 – 好 |
[21:59] | I know. I get it. I gotta see it, all right? | 我知道 明白了 我会去看的 好吗? |
[22:01] | I know I’m the last guy on earth who hasn’t seen it– | 我知道我是世界上 唯一没看过这部电影的人 |
[22:03] | It’s Tom Cruise in a fighter jet. | 这可是汤姆克鲁斯开战斗机 |
[22:05] | I want another sequel | 希望能再拍一部续集 |
[22:07] | and then one after that. | 一直拍下去 |
[22:08] | I don’t care how old he gets. You can strap his walker into the cockpit. | 我才不在乎他有多老 他可以把步行器绑在驾驶舱里 |
[22:11] | Yeah, right. And he’d still make that look good, wouldn’t he? | 是…他还是会很帅 对吧? |
[22:13] | – You better believe it. – Yeah. | – 你就信我吧 – 是 |
[22:15] | And now we have a very special guest | 接下来 我们请来了一位特别嘉宾 |
[22:17] | here to discuss the imminent sale of UBA to Hyperion CEO Paul Marks. | 他将讨论超越者首席执行官 保罗马科思对UBA即将完成的收购 |
[22:21] | – Okay. Oh, shit. – Charles “Chip” Black. | – 好 该死 – 查尔斯奇普布莱克 |
[22:24] | Emmy winner and– There he is. | 艾美奖得主和…他来了 |
[22:26] | Chip, former executive producer here at UBA. | 奇普是UBA的前执行制片人 |
[22:29] | – Chip, welcome to TMS. – Hi. | – 奇普 欢迎来到《TMS》 – 嗨 |
[22:31] | Or I guess I should say welcome back, right? | 或者我想我该说欢迎回来 对吧? |
[22:33] | Yeah, hi, guys. Thanks for having me. | 是 嗨 两位 感谢你们邀请我来 |
[22:35] | Yeah. No, of course. | 是 不客气 |
[22:37] | So, Chip, you’ve seen this network go through so many changes over the years. | 奇普 这些年来 你见证了 这个电视网经历的很多变化 |
[22:40] | Why do you feel compelled to talk about this one today? | 为什么你觉得今天有必要 谈谈近期这个变化呢? |
[22:44] | Because three years ago I made a huge mistake. | 因为三年前我犯了个大错 |
[22:46] | I waited too long to speak up about Mitch Kessler. | 我拖了太久才说出米切凯斯勒性侵的实情 |
[22:49] | I knew what he was doing. | 我对他的所作所为知情 |
[22:51] | I mean, I didn’t– Not the extent, not all of it– | 我是说 我不知道… 到什么程度 不是全部知情 |
[22:54] | But, I had a sense of it. | 但是 我当时是觉察出一点情况的 |
[22:57] | Maybe if I had said something earlier, fewer people would have been hurt. | 如果我当时早点说出来 就会少一些人受到伤害 |
[23:00] | And I really screwed that up. | 这件事上 我真的是犯了错 |
[23:04] | Stay on one. | 1号机继续 |
[23:05] | You’ve recently been let go from your job here. | 你最近被UBA解雇了 |
[23:07] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[23:08] | So why should we listen to what you have to say? | 那我们为什么要听你说的话呢? |
[23:11] | Because this has absolutely nothing to do with me. | 因为我这个局外人跟这事完全没关系 |
[23:13] | This is about UBA and people need to know what’s about to happen to this place. | 这事关UBA 人们需要知道 这个地方的未来将何去何从 |
[23:17] | – You mean the sale to Paul Marks? – Nope. I mean the end of UBA. | – 你是指UBA要被卖给保罗马科思? – 不是 我是指UBA的终结 |
[23:20] | Here we go. | 好戏开场 |
[23:21] | Paul Marks is going to dismantle this place. Literally. | 保罗马科思会把UBA拆分 是真的拆分 |
[23:25] | If the shareholders vote yes on the sale tomorrow, | 如果明天股东们投票通过这笔交易 |
[23:28] | this whole network, it will cease to exist. | 这整个电视网将不复存在 |
[23:31] | All of it, just gone. | 所有一切都会消失殆尽 |
[23:33] | These two people, the show, everybody here, | 这两位、这个节目、这里的每个人 |
[23:35] | it’s just gonna be sucked into a giant fucking black void and– | 它像是被吸进一个 该死的巨大黑洞 然后… |
[23:38] | – Wow. Okay. – Sorry. | – 天啊 好 – 抱歉 |
[23:40] | Chip, really? | 奇普 搞什么? |
[23:41] | Watch the language. I think it would help to make your case without having to– | 注意你的语言 我想即便 不爆粗口 也能说明问题 |
[23:44] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[23:45] | Mia, I’m sorry about that. I will pay the 10K FCC fine. | 米娅 很抱歉 我会支付一万美金的 联邦通信委员会罚款 |
[23:48] | – Okay, Chip, how do you know this? – Take two. | – 好 奇普 你是怎么知道的? – 切2号机 |
[23:51] | You know, the rumor mill can get pretty crazy around deals like these. | 要知道 关于这种交易的流言会满天飞 |
[23:55] | It’s because it’s been confirmed by multiple sources. | 因为这个消息得到了多方的证实 |
[23:58] | That is what we do here. We fact-check. | 这就是我们UBA人会做的事 我们会核实消息的真伪 |
[24:01] | When Yanko and Chris are telling you guys what’s happening in the world, | 每当扬科和克里斯 告诉你们世界上发生的种种 |
[24:05] | that’s because dozens of people– people you never see– made it possible. | 那是由于很多人…那些你们从未见过的 幕后工作者…辛苦工作才得以实现 |
[24:10] | It’s a whole process, okay? | 有一个完整的体系 知道吗? |
[24:12] | Look, there’s somebody on the national news desk– | 听着 国家新闻台的某人… |
[24:14] | They’re eating way too much junk food, they get an alert, | 吃了太多垃圾食品 他们收到预警 |
[24:16] | it’s “shots fired” or something like that. | 内容是 “开火” 或类似的词 |
[24:18] | They call the local sheriff’s office to confirm it. | 他们会打给当地治安官办公室去确认 |
[24:20] | Only when it’s confirmed do they put out a news alert on a Slack channel. | 只有当预警得到确认后 他们才会在Slack频道上发布新闻提醒 |
[24:24] | This is all, like, 3:00 in the morning, by the way. | 顺便说一下 这都发生在凌晨3点 |
[24:25] | The producers, they start writing the scripts. | 然后制作人们开始写新闻稿 |
[24:27] | Chris gets in here ridiculously early | 克里斯进公司的时间早得离谱 |
[24:30] | because she needs to review and rewrite her copy | 因为她要审核、重写新闻稿 |
[24:33] | because she cares about getting it right. Which Twitter does not do. | 只因为她在乎 想把真实新闻 播报给大家 而推特却不然 |
[24:38] | And by the way, no problem with Twitter, okay? | 顺便说一下 推特没什么问题 知道吗? |
[24:40] | It’s got its place. But that is narrowcasting. | 它有它的定位 但那属于窄播 |
[24:42] | We need broadcasting, as corporate and as compromised as it is. | 我们需要的是广播 就算是公司在做 就算播出内容有妥协之处都没关系 |
[24:47] | We need a team of competent people telling us | 我们需要一个称职的人才团队来告诉我们 |
[24:49] | what’s actually happening in the world. | 世界上到底都发什么了什么事 |
[24:51] | I mean, this is it. This is the last free campfire in America. | 就是这样 这里是美国 最后一个讲真话的新闻机构 |
[24:55] | And if this goes out we’re all gonna be | 如果UBA不在了 那人们就真的置身于 |
[24:57] | – in the fucking dark, people. – Oh, man. | – 该死的黑暗之中 – 天啊 |
[24:58] | And w– Sorry, I– | 而且我…抱歉 我… |
[25:00] | Stay with Chip. | 镜头给奇普 |
[25:03] | No. No. You know what, fuck that. | 不…要我说 去他的吧 |
[25:07] | I’m not sorry. | 我并不感到抱歉 |
[25:08] | Hey, Paul, you wanna nuke this place? Fine. | 嘿 保罗 你想毁掉这地方?可以 |
[25:11] | You pay the fucking FCC obscenity fines. | 你去给该死的联邦通信委员会 交脏话罚款吧 |
[25:13] | You are killing an 80-year-old company | 你正在扼杀一家有80年历史的公司 |
[25:16] | that started as a radio station warning people about the dangers of fascism. | 它最初是一家广播电台 成立的初衷 是警告人们警惕法西斯主义的危险 |
[25:21] | And you do not fucking care. So fuck you, motherfucker! | 而你一点都不在乎 去死吧你 混蛋玩意 |
[25:24] | Fuck you and the fucking rocket you rode in on. | 去死吧你 还有你坐的那个该死的破火箭 |
[25:27] | Which, by the way, looks like a giant fucking metal dick! | 顺便说一句 那玩意看起来 就像个巨大的金属老二 |
[25:30] | Former Morning Show producer Charles Black broke the Internet, | 前《TMS》制作人查尔斯布莱克 在网上以及各大主流新闻机构 |
[25:34] | not to mention major news, when he announced live on-air | 掀起轩然大波 他竟然在直播节目中宣布 |
[25:39] | that billionaire Paul Marks plans to liquidate UBA | 周五股东投票决定将UBA 卖给亿万富翁保罗马科思后 |
[25:42] | following Friday’s shareholder vote on the sale. | 后者计划将清算该公司 |
[25:45] | And in an age where there’s literally a new billionaire every single day, | 在一个几乎每天 都有一位新亿万富翁诞生的时代 |
[25:49] | Black’s R-rated, populist rant struck a nerve across the political spectrum. | 布莱克的限制级、民粹主义的咆哮 触动了整个政治领域的神经 |
[25:56] | Woke cheerleader, AOC, tweeted that Black was, quote, “baller.” | 觉醒支持者亚历山大奥卡西奥科特兹 在推特上称布莱克“太棒了” |
[26:01] | And even Senator Ted Cruz called for Congress to investigate Marks’ bid | 就连参议员特德克鲁兹 也呼吁国会调查马科思 |
[26:06] | for the legacy media giant. | 对这家传统媒体巨头的收购案 |
[26:09] | A little Howard Beale goes a long way. | 像霍华德比厄这样的小人物真是大有帮助 |
[26:12] | Who knew Chip Black’s f-bombs would save the day? | 谁能想到奇普布莱克的脏话 能拯救世界呢? |
[26:15] | Two major shareholders called me an hour ago. | 两个大股东一小时前打电话给我 |
[26:17] | They said the payout wasn’t worth all the bad press. | 他们说负面报道太多 这笔收益不划算了 |
[26:21] | They’re voting no. | 他们会投反对票 |
[26:23] | I used to hate no. Now I love it! | 我以前很讨厌反对票 可现在爱死它 |
[26:24] | Yeah. Mercedes is still on the fence though. | 是的 不过默西迪丝仍在骑墙 |
[26:26] | She’s concerned about the financial implications of rejecting Paul’s bid. | 她担心如果拒绝保罗的报价 可能会引发的资金问题 |
[26:31] | Tell her we just shook down my favorite golf buddy for eight billion. | 告诉她我们刚敲诈了 我最爱的高尔夫球友八十亿美元 |
[26:34] | So Reed came through? | 这么说 里德会介入? |
[26:37] | What did you promise him? | 你许诺给他什么好处? |
[26:38] | Well, let’s just say you might have to sell a Picasso. | 这么说吧 你可能得卖掉一幅毕加索的画 |
[26:42] | – Cory– – Cybil, this is fun. | – 科里… – 西比尔 这多有意思 |
[26:44] | We’re gonna kill a billionaire. | 我们要干掉一个亿万富翁了 |
[26:46] | Yeah, I’m hanging up now. | 是 我要挂了 |
[26:49] | Board members are starting to turn. | 董事会成员开始转变立场了 |
[26:51] | Paul, this is happening. | 保罗 这是真的 |
[26:53] | We’re losing votes. | 我们正在流失赞成票 |
[26:56] | Cory fucking Ellison. | 该死的科里艾利森 |
[27:01] | Compile the paperwork for the loan. | 整理贷款所需文件 |
[27:02] | Don’t even touch a UBA computer. | 千万别用UBA的电脑 |
[27:06] | No emails, no pdfs. This has to be analog. | 别发电邮、别存pdf文件 绝对不能用数码产品 |
[27:10] | Then deliver it to my hotel. | 然后送到我住的酒店 |
[27:12] | Reed and I are meeting tonight. | 里德和我今晚会面 |
[27:14] | Got it. | 明白了 |
[27:15] | After that, you and I, we don’t talk until after the vote. | 我和他会面后 你和我在投票结束之前别联系 |
[27:19] | No calls. Nothing. | 不通电话 不联系 |
[27:22] | And we keep playing dead. | 我们一直装死 |
[27:23] | I want Paul Marks to fall off his fucking chair | 我要保罗马科思周五走进会议室时 |
[27:26] | when I walk into that boardroom on Friday. | 惊愕到从椅子上摔下来 |
[27:43] | – Thank you. – Sure. | – 谢谢 – 不客气 |
[27:46] | So have you talked to her? | 你跟她谈过了吗? |
[27:48] | No, not since her little on-air spectacle. | 没有 自从她的小型直播秀 事件后就没联络了 |
[27:52] | She’s so full of shit. | 她就是个谎话精 |
[27:55] | If she asked you to come here to talk to me, I– | 如果是她让你来找我谈的话 我… |
[27:59] | She didn’t. | 她没有 |
[28:01] | But she did tell me about January 6th and Hal. All of it. | 但她的确跟我说了 1月6日和哈尔的事 所有一切 |
[28:10] | Wow. So now she’s coming clean? | 天啊 所以现在她坦白了? |
[28:14] | She feels really awful. | 她感觉很糟糕 |
[28:27] | You know, Bradley is a stranger. | 你知道 布莱德莉是个陌路人 |
[28:31] | I see that now. | 我现在明白了 |
[28:33] | I never knew her. Not really. | 我从来不了解她 并非真正了解 |
[28:36] | I just wanted to. | 我很想去了解 |
[28:39] | This is all just fucked up. | 一切都乱套了 |
[28:41] | It’s all such a mess. | 全都一团糟 |
[28:44] | This isn’t just about Bradley, is it? | 你来找我不单纯是因为布莱德莉 对吧? |
[28:47] | Well… | 是这样… |
[28:48] | I mean, I saw Chip’s rant. | 我看到奇普在节目中咆哮了 |
[28:51] | So, what, is this about Paul? Or selling UBA? | 怎么 是因为保罗吗?或出售UBA? |
[28:58] | It’s– | 是… |
[28:59] | Listen, if he had bought NBN, | 听着 如果他买了NBN |
[29:01] | I’m sure he’d probably be doing the same thing to us. | 我相信他也会这么对我们 |
[29:04] | I mean, you’re in the middle of the ocean treading water | 想想看 当你深陷大海中挣扎着踩水时 |
[29:06] | and some guy comes in a lifeboat. | 有人乘坐救生艇出现 |
[29:08] | What are you gonna do? Turn him away? | 你会怎么做?把他赶走吗? |
[29:12] | I know. | 我明白 |
[29:16] | Okay, I– That’s actually what I’m here to talk to you about. | 好吧 我…这其实就是我来找你的原因 |
[29:20] | Okay. | 好 |
[29:22] | But I’m gonna need something a little stronger than this. | 但我要先来杯比这更烈的饮料 |
[29:25] | I’ll take that drink that you offered, please. | 给我来杯酒吧 谢谢 |
[29:27] | – Thank you. – Coming up. | – 谢谢 – 马上拿给你 |
[29:41] | Good to see you again, Mr. Ellison. We missed you during the pandemic. | 艾利森先生 很高兴再次见到您 疫情期间我们很想念您 |
[29:43] | Right this way. | 请这边走 |
[29:45] | The last civilized spot in Manhattan. | 这里可是曼哈顿的最后一个文明地点 |
[29:47] | Thanks for arranging this on such short notice. | 谢谢你在这么短的时间内安排这个饭局 |
[29:50] | We’ll make sure you’re not disturbed. | 我们会确保您不被打扰 |
[29:54] | Would you like a menu? We’re serving till 11:00. | 您要看菜单吗?我们将服务到晚上11点 |
[29:56] | That won’t be necessary. | 不必了 |
[29:58] | Don’t think this meeting’s gonna take very long. | 我觉得这次会面不会很久 |
[30:05] | Can I bring either of you gentlemen a drink? | 您们两位要喝点什么吗? |
[30:07] | Talisker neat. | 纯泰斯卡威士忌 |
[30:12] | Yeah. Make it two. | 是 来两杯 |
[30:23] | So, was it Earl? | 所以说 厄尔出卖了我? |
[30:26] | Gambling debts. | 赌债 |
[30:29] | Everybody leaves some kind of stain. | 所有人都有把柄 |
[30:32] | And Reed? | 那么里德呢? |
[30:34] | I’m guessing you whispered sweet nothings about asteroid rights– | 我猜你给他灌了不少 有关小行星权的迷汤… |
[30:37] | Reed realized that the profit potential in aerospace far outstripped | 里德意识到航天领域的潜在利润远远超过 |
[30:41] | whatever Sloan could make in legacy media. | 斯隆在传统媒体领域所能获得的利润 |
[30:44] | Ad astra per aspera. To infinity and beyond. | “循此苦旅 以达天际” 飞向宇宙的浩瀚无垠 |
[30:49] | Or whatever other bullshit helps you sleep at night. | 或其他能让你晚上睡得安稳的屁话 |
[30:52] | – Thanks. – This isn’t personal, Cory. | – 谢谢 – 科里 这不是私人恩怨 |
[30:54] | I’m gonna have to disagree with you there because everything is personal. | 这话我可无法苟同 因为一切都是私人恩怨 |
[30:57] | And every so-called business decision, it lands on a human being. | 每一个所谓的商业决策 都会对某人产生影响 |
[31:01] | And in this case, there’s 22,000 of them all– | 在这笔交易中 总共有两万两千名… |
[31:03] | Okay. Okay, let’s not get so high-and-mighty. | 好吧…不要显得这么傲慢自大 |
[31:06] | Maybe you protected Bradley from the FBI, | 也许你保护布莱德莉 免于被联邦调查局追查 |
[31:08] | but you were also very willing to exploit her personal life when it suited you. | 但只要对自己有利 你也很愿意利用她的私生活做文章 |
[31:12] | So maybe you’re not the poster boy for feminism that you think you are. | 所以也许你并不是你自诩的 女权主义的代表人物 |
[31:18] | Didn’t leak that article to protect Hannah Shoenfeld. | 你泄露那篇报道 不是为保护汉娜肖恩菲尔德 |
[31:19] | You leaked it because you couldn’t stand the idea of Bradley with Laura Peterson. | 你这么做是因为无法忍受 布莱德莉和劳拉彼得森在一起的事实 |
[31:24] | So at least, for fuck’s sake, be honest with yourself. | 所以看在老天的份上 至少对你自己诚实点 |
[31:29] | Now, you never assaulted anyone. | 不过既然你从来没有侵犯过任何人 |
[31:31] | So tomorrow, after the vote closes, | 明天投票结束后 |
[31:34] | I’m perfectly happy to make the… | 我很乐意让… |
[31:39] | investigation into these Vault allegations go away. | 针对金库所指控内容的调查停止 |
[31:44] | Along with any talk of FBI subpoenas. | 也会终止关于联邦调查局传票的任何讨论 |
[31:47] | And I’m guessing in this scenario I give up my golden parachute? | 作为交换 我猜我要放弃黄金降落伞? |
[31:53] | You wanna leave with dignity? | 你想体面地离开吗? |
[31:55] | How’s $10 million sound? Parting gift. | 一千万美元怎么样?散伙礼 |
[32:01] | I’ll just need an NDA. | 签一份保密协议就行 |
[32:04] | Right. Guessing the kind where I can’t even say your name to my goldfish. | 对 我猜签了保密协议后 我连你的名字都不能对金鱼提起 |
[32:08] | Where we pretend in perpetuity that you aren’t | 我们永远假装你不是那个 |
[32:10] | the steaming rocket bitch shitbag that you are. | 卑鄙无耻、手段阴狠之徒 |
[32:15] | Goddamn, Alex really does have the worst taste in men. | 该死 艾丽克丝对男人的品味真是烂透了 |
[32:21] | Cory, I am offering you a lifeline. | 科里 我是在给你一根救命稻草 |
[32:27] | Take the money. | 拿上这笔钱 |
[32:46] | I would rather do time with the fucking Oath Keepers than take a penny from you. | 我宁愿与那些该死的誓言守护者一起坐牢 也不愿从你那里拿一分钱 |
[32:58] | Lost my appetite. | 我没胃口了 |
[33:17] | (发送给:哈尔 我要回家了) | |
[33:19] | (消息已发送) | |
[33:32] | So the board meeting is tomorrow. | 明天会召开董事会 |
[33:34] | And the remaining shareholders who haven’t weighed in are gonna vote yes. | 剩下的那些尚未发表意见的股东 将会投赞成票 |
[33:38] | And by noon, Paul will have control of UBA | 到中午的时候 保罗就会控制UBA |
[33:42] | and he will take it apart piece by piece. | 他会一点一点地把它拆散 |
[33:45] | Eighty years of history. | 80年的历史 |
[33:47] | But more stuff is going to come out about me. | 但会有更多关于我的事曝光 |
[33:52] | And it is gonna make me look like a monster. | 这会让我看起来十恶不赦 |
[33:59] | Some of it will be true. | 有些爆料是真的 |
[34:02] | Some of it won’t be. Doesn’t matter. | 有些不是 但无所谓了 |
[34:05] | He’s gonna try to bury me. | 他想毁了我 |
[34:15] | Maybe I should have listened to you. | 也许当初我就该听你的 |
[34:19] | Maybe I deserve it. | 也许是我咎由自取 |
[34:19] | Maybe I lost myself in chasing all of this. | 也许我在追逐这一切的过程中迷失了自我 |
[34:22] | Anyway, I just wanted you to hear it from me. | 不管怎样 我只是想让你 从我这里得知这一切 |
[34:28] | “Don’t flinch.” It’s what you always taught me, right? | “不要退缩” 这是你一直以来 对我的教诲 对吧? |
[34:34] | Gotta face things head-on, see ’em for what they are. | 必须直面困难 看清它们的真面目 |
[34:48] | Night, Mom. | 晚安 妈妈 |
[35:03] | (劳拉彼得森:她答应了) | |
[35:05] | What’s going on? | 怎么了? |
[35:09] | – Is the world ending? – Not yet. | – 世界末日要到了? – 还没有 |
[35:13] | It’s all good. | 没事 |
[35:15] | You getting any sleep? | 你睡了吗? |
[35:18] | Not really. Such a big day tomorrow. | 没怎么睡 明天可是个大日子 |
[35:24] | I’m glad you’re gonna be there. | 我很高兴你会去 |
[35:58] | So, the great day is finally upon us. | 伟大的一天终于来了 |
[36:05] | 11:40. | 11点40分 |
[36:06] | There’s still a few votes coming through, | 还有几张选票没出结果 |
[36:07] | but frankly, at this point, it’s a formality. | 但坦率地说 到了这份上 这只是走个形式 |
[36:10] | Congratulations, Paul. At noon we’ll make it official. | 祝贺你 保罗 中午我们就正式宣布 |
[36:14] | – Thank you, appreciate the support. – Where’s Alex? | – 谢谢 感谢你的支持 – 艾丽克丝呢? |
[36:17] | She should be on her way. | 她应该在路上了 |
[36:38] | Hey. There you are. | 嘿 你来了 |
[36:39] | Hi, here I am. | 嗨 我来了 |
[36:42] | – Are you okay? – Yeah. | – 你没事吧? – 没事 |
[36:43] | Just processing everything that’s about to happen, how we got here. | 只是在思考即将发生的一切 以及 我们是如何走到这一步的 |
[36:52] | Just really hope it was all worth it. | 希望这一切都值得 |
[36:55] | It will be. In 15 minutes, this will all be behind us. | 会的 15分钟后 这一切都会过去 |
[37:02] | Okay, gentlemen. Here we are. | 好吧 先生们 我们到了 |
[37:05] | Alex. | 艾丽克丝 |
[37:06] | Hello. Good to see you. | 你好 很高兴见到你 |
[37:07] | Leonard. | 莱纳德 |
[37:10] | Well, we’re close to the finish line and we couldn’t have got there without you. | 交易很快就要达成了 而你功不可没 |
[37:14] | Excuse me. | 失陪一下 |
[37:16] | Paul, before I forget… | 保罗 在我忘记前… |
[37:44] | While we have a few minutes, I have an idea I’d like to run by everybody. | 趁我们还有几分钟时间 我有个想法想跟大家商量一下 |
[37:53] | Maybe we save the brainstorming for another day? | 也许可以改天再进行头脑风暴? |
[37:55] | Let’s just get this done. | 先把这事搞定 |
[37:57] | I have an alternative to Hyperion’s offer. | 我有一个对超越者报价的替代方案 |
[38:00] | – What is going on? – Excuse me? | – 怎么回事? – 你说什么? |
[38:06] | I’ve been consulting with NBN, | 我一直在与国家宽带网 |
[38:08] | their CEO Elena Daniels, Laura Peterson at YDA. | 及其首席执行官埃琳娜丹尼尔斯 和《美国日间秀》的劳拉彼得森协商 |
[38:13] | And we have drafted a few deal points for a merger between NBN and UBA. | 我们已经为国家宽带网和UBA的合并 起草了一些交易要点 |
[38:19] | I have a prospectus that I would like to share so you could all see the numbers. | 我有一份招股说明书想和大家分享一下 这样你们就都能看到具体数字了 |
[38:23] | Would you please pass those down there, please? Thank you so much. | 麻烦把文件递过去 非常感谢 |
[38:26] | And I’m very aware that this is last minute. | 我很清楚这个提议有点晚 |
[38:30] | Alex, I simply don’t understand. | 艾丽克丝 你把我搞糊涂了 |
[38:33] | I don’t think anyone here does. | 我想这里所有人都不明白吧 |
[38:35] | I believe you have a fiduciary responsibility | 我相信你有信托责任 |
[38:38] | to entertain any offers that may match or exceed Hyperion’s. | 接受任何与超越者公司开出的条件 不相上下或更优的报价 |
[38:44] | Very well. | 那好吧 |
[38:49] | A merger of equals. | 对等合并 |
[38:50] | That’s what we’re proposing. | 这就是我们的提议 |
[38:53] | Two entities coming together, greater than the sum of their parts. | 两个实体合并 要比各自部分的总和都强大 |
[38:58] | NBN and UBA will combine resources to reduce costs, | 国家宽带网和UBA将整合资源以降低成本 |
[39:04] | ad sales, tech support, | 进行广告销售、技术支持 |
[39:06] | accounting, even programming. | 会计 甚至节目编排 |
[39:12] | It’s a chance to start over. | 这是一个重生的机会 |
[39:14] | To do things right for once. | 哪怕一次 用正确的方式做事 |
[39:18] | A true partnership. | 真正的合作伙伴关系 |
[39:22] | Alex, I’d like a word. | 艾丽克丝 我想和你谈谈 |
[39:26] | I’ll give you all a second to look this over. | 我给你们一点时间看一下 |
[39:29] | What the fuck is that all about? This is insane. What are you– | 这到底是怎么回事?太夸张了 你在做… |
[39:31] | Not here. | 别在这儿说 |
[39:32] | What is this? Some kind of stunt? | 你在搞什么?搞噱头吗? |
[39:34] | This is not a stunt. | 不是噱头 |
[39:35] | – What are you doing? – Not here. | – 你在做什么? – 别在这儿说 |
[39:37] | I have the votes. | 我已经拿到足够多的赞成票 |
[39:38] | Don’t you realize there’s literally nothing you can do at this point? | 难道你没意识到 到了这一步 你做什么都无济于事? |
[39:44] | Hi, Paul. | 嗨 保罗 |
[39:46] | Okay. I’m not doing this. | 好 我不想跟你们吵 |
[39:51] | We know you told Kate to cut the transmission on the rocket launch | 我们知道你让凯特切断火箭发射信号 |
[39:54] | to hide the fact that your navigation system malfunctioned. | 来掩盖导航系统故障的事实 |
[39:57] | You buried the results. | 你隐瞒了结果 |
[39:58] | You used a hack at UBA to cover your tracks. | 你利用黑客攻击UBA来做你的挡箭牌 |
[40:01] | Super convenient timing. | 时机选择得太好了 |
[40:02] | So you think I hacked you? Okay, Stella. | 所以你觉得是我黑了你们?好吧 斯黛拉 |
[40:05] | You have been reporting fake data to NASA for months. | 几个月来 你一直 在向航天局报告虚假数据 |
[40:09] | And when I told you a longer space flight could be lethal, you fired me. | 当我告诉你更长时间的太空飞行 可能有致命危险时 你解雇了我 |
[40:13] | You had us behind schedule and hemorrhaging cash. | 是你导致我们进度落后、资金大量流失 |
[40:16] | That’s why you were let go, because you were bad at your job. | 所以你被才被解雇 因为你工作做得不好 |
[40:19] | No. No, you fired me because you didn’t wanna hear the truth, Paul. | 不…你解雇我是因为你不想听真相 保罗 |
[40:22] | And then when I tried to blow the whistle, | 然后当我想揭发真相时 |
[40:24] | you shut me down and you threatened me and everyone else who would speak up. | 你让我闭嘴 还威胁我 和其他所有想说出真相的人 |
[40:27] | No, you were shut down because you signed an NDA | 不 我让你闭嘴是因为你签署了保密协议 |
[40:30] | – which you have now clearly violated. – Well, I have proof. | – 而你现在显然违反了这份协议 – 我有证据 |
[40:35] | I have emails, I have files, I have videos, I have everything. | 电邮、文件、视频 什么都有 |
[40:39] | Alex, what do you want? What? | 艾丽克丝 你想怎样?说出来 |
[40:42] | What do you want? | 你想怎样? |
[40:52] | Alex, can you please just tell me what the fuck this is all about? | 艾丽克丝 你能不能告诉我 这到底是怎么回事? |
[40:55] | God. Do I really have to spell this out for you? | 天啊 我非得明讲不可吗? |
[40:58] | Yes! Please. | 对 拜托 |
[41:01] | You surveilled Bradley, then blackmailed her into resigning. | 你监视布莱德莉 然后勒索她、逼她辞职 |
[41:07] | You silenced a journalist. | 你逼迫一名记者噤声 |
[41:11] | – I’m a journalist. – You want this vote not to happen? | – 而我也是记者 – 你想阻止这次投票吗? |
[41:14] | I can go right back in that conference room | 我可以直接回会议室 |
[41:15] | and delay it until we can figure this out. | 推迟投票 等我们解决这个问题后再投 |
[41:17] | “We”? We can figure this out? We can figure this out? | 我们?我们能解决这个问题? |
[41:25] | You did this. You did all of this. I can’t come back from this. | 这是你自食其果 这一切 都是你一手造成的 我无法原谅你 |
[41:29] | I did this to protect you. | 我这么做是为了保护你 |
[41:31] | To protect us, everything we have been working towards. | 为了保护我们 为了保护 我们一直在努力想要得到的一切 |
[41:39] | Just walk away from UBA right now. | 现在请你离开UBA |
[41:42] | And make it right with the people you hurt. | 弥补那些被你伤害了的人 |
[41:46] | Come clean to NASA… | 向航天局坦白 |
[41:51] | or we’ll run the story and end Hyperion. | 否则我们就把真相报道出来 终结超越者 |
[42:20] | Tell Leonard I’m pulling out of the deal. | 告诉莱纳德我退出交易 |
[42:30] | You’ll hear from my lawyers. | 我的律师会联系你 |
[43:08] | (两周后) | |
[43:14] | – Come on, I’ve got it. – Okay. | – 跳起来 有我在呢 – 好 |
[43:15] | Not bad. | 不错嘛 |
[43:25] | Wow. | 天啊 |
[43:29] | You got this… | 你可以的… |
[43:39] | I mean, come on. | 瞧瞧 |
[43:40] | I mean, not bad for a couple of desk jockeys, all right. | 对于两个文职人员来说 跳得相当不错 好吗? |
[43:43] | I mean, I gotta work on my moves | 虽说我还得练练舞步 |
[43:44] | but next time we’re gonna Naatu Naatu all over this place. We are. | 但下次再跳的时候 我们要用高难度舞步 舞遍全场 说到做到 |
[43:47] | We’ll be right back. You were great. | 马上回来 你太棒了 |
[43:52] | – They are so good together. – So good. I know. | – 他们合作得天衣无缝 – 很棒 我知道 |
[43:56] | I’m doing everything I can to talk Chris out of leaving. | 我在尽我所能说服克里斯不要离开 |
[43:59] | Oh, well. I don’t blame her. I mean, the writing is on the wall. | 我不怪她 这里的结局显而易见 |
[44:02] | This merger goes through, there’s not gonna be two CEOs, | 如果合并成功 就不会再有两个首席执行官 |
[44:05] | two evening anchors, two Morning Shows. | 两个晚间新闻主播、两个早间节目了 |
[44:07] | There’s gonna be layoffs and buyouts and– | 一定会有裁员、有偿离职和… |
[44:09] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[44:10] | You’re not thinking about going anywhere, are you? | 你不会是想跳槽去其他地方吧? |
[44:13] | I would love a trip to Bali. | 我很想去巴厘岛旅行 |
[44:16] | But not until I know my team is protected | 但是 我走之前 得先确定我的团队安全 |
[44:20] | and the changes that we talked about are real. | 以及我们谈论的改革会发生 |
[44:22] | They are real. | 会发生的 |
[44:23] | I’m gonna make them real, Mia. It’s happening, I can see it. | 我会让这些改革成真 米娅 这里正在改变 我能看到 |
[44:26] | No more corporate bullshit. | 不再有公司黑幕、勾心斗角的勾当 |
[44:28] | Someone with an actual fresh take sitting in the big office. | 大权在握的人真正具有新视角、新观念 |
[44:33] | Like you? | 比如你吗? |
[44:40] | Can you talk about your time at the Archer Gray? | 能说说你在阿奇格雷酒店的经历吗? |
[44:44] | Mr. Ellison put you up there. Is that correct? | 是艾利森先生安排你住在那里的 对吗? |
[44:49] | Yes. I mean, I don’t know if he did or the show. | 对 不过我不知道是他安排的 还是节目组安排的 |
[44:52] | I’m not sure. | 不太确定 |
[44:54] | Did it make you uncomfortable? Being so close to Mr. Ellison? | 这让你不舒服吗? 和艾利森先生住得这么近 |
[44:59] | – No. – Did you ever feel unsafe? | – 没有 – 你曾经感到不安全吗? |
[45:01] | No. | 没有 |
[45:02] | But he was around, right? | 但他常出现在你面前 对吧? |
[45:04] | I mean, the hotel staff told us he spent a lot of time with you. | 酒店工作人员说他经常和你在一起 |
[45:06] | Late night phone calls, visited you in your room. | 会深夜打电话给你、去你房间找你 |
[45:10] | Did you ever sense he had feelings for you? | 你有没有感觉到他对你有感情? |
[45:13] | Saw you as more than a colleague? | 不只把你当同事看待? |
[45:20] | There was one night. | 有一天晚上 |
[45:25] | One night when… | 一天晚上… |
[45:32] | He told me he loved me. | 他跟我说他爱我 |
[45:36] | How did you respond? | 你是如何回应他的? |
[45:41] | I left. I went to Montana, and I stayed there for a long time. | 我离开了 去了蒙大拿州 在那里待了很长时间 |
[45:48] | Because you were afraid? | 你是因为害怕才离开的吗? |
[45:51] | Yes, I was afraid. | 是的 我有点害怕 |
[45:55] | Of retaliation if you didn’t return his feelings? | 害怕如果你没不爱他的话会遭到报复? |
[46:00] | No. No, I was afraid because… | 不是…我害怕是因为… |
[46:05] | he saw me for who I really was. | 他看到了真实的我 |
[46:08] | Everything about me. | 看穿了我的一切 |
[46:14] | And I was afraid I could never be with someone like that. | 我怕自己永远无法与这样的人在一起 |
[46:34] | Hey. | 嗨 |
[46:35] | God, who scheduled these sessions back-to-back and side by side? | 天啊 是谁安排的?所有面谈都排在一起 |
[46:39] | I don’t know. I already talked to them. | 不知道 我已经和他们谈过了 |
[46:41] | I’m just waiting to see if they need anything else. | 我只是多待一会 看他们还有没有要问的 |
[46:44] | Gotcha. | 明白了 |
[46:45] | Well, sorry that they dragged you back in here. | 他们再次把你拉回这里 我很抱歉 |
[46:47] | Hey, how was it being home? | 嘿 回家的感觉怎么样? |
[46:51] | It was good. It was good to see Hal, you know. | 还不错 能见到哈尔挺好的 |
[46:59] | So, I did some pretty awful things. | 我做了一些相当糟糕的事 |
[47:05] | And some of them I did to you. | 有些是对你做的 |
[47:09] | It wasn’t okay. Any of it. | 这种行为很差劲 情理难容 |
[47:11] | No, it’s not. | 是的 |
[47:14] | But I think I know why you did them. | 不过我能理解你的动机 |
[47:17] | But it’s not all right. | 但不能接受你这种行为 |
[47:18] | I know. | 我知道 |
[47:21] | But don’t worry, I think you’ll be fine. | 但别担心 我觉得你不会有事的 |
[47:27] | Well, I’m still the architect of the biggest failed deal | 我仍然是21世纪最大失败交易案例的 |
[47:29] | of the 21st century, so… | 创造者 所以… |
[47:31] | Biggest failed deal so far. | 迄今为止最大的失败交易案例 |
[47:33] | Hey, that’s the spirit. | 嘿 这才对嘛 |
[47:38] | Will you stay at UBA or UBNBA or whatever they’re calling it? | 你会留在UBA或者UBNBA吗? 或者随便什么新名字 |
[47:42] | I don’t know. I guess we’ll see how things shake out. | 还不知道 先看看合并后什么情况吧 |
[47:55] | See you when I see you? | 下次见你时再见? |
[47:58] | Yeah. | 好 |
[48:03] | Cory. | 科里 |
[48:05] | Yeah? | 怎么了? |
[48:07] | Bradley, we’re ready for you. | 布莱德莉 你可以进来了 |
[48:10] | I’ll be just a minute. | 我马上就来 |
[48:17] | I’ll miss you. | 我会想你的 |
[48:24] | You too. | 我也会想你的 |
[49:49] | Little chilly tonight, huh? | 今晚有点冷啊? |
[49:56] | Thanks for packing me up. | 谢谢你帮我收拾行李 |
[49:59] | Yes, of course. | 不客气 |
[50:00] | I think that was everything, but please look around if– | 我想应该都在这里了 但请再检查一下 看看… |
[50:05] | I’m sure you got it all. | 我相信你没落下什么 |
[50:11] | So you’re gonna go to Texas? | 所以你要去得州了? |
[50:15] | Yeah. Not sure how it’s gonna play out. | 是的 不知道结果会怎样 |
[50:18] | NASA seems to be stepping back for the time being. | 眼下 航天局似乎 无意与我们继续合作下去 |
[50:21] | And… | 而且… |
[50:24] | most likely have to sell off a majority share in my company, | 我很可能得卖掉公司的大部分股份 |
[50:28] | if there’s a company to still sell. | 如果公司还没倒闭的话 |
[50:38] | You know, I’ve been playing it back in my head. | 我一直在脑海里回放 |
[50:44] | Everything that went down. | 发生的一切 |
[50:49] | I made some mistakes. | 我犯了一些错误 |
[50:54] | More than mistakes. | 不仅仅是错误 |
[50:58] | Yeah, I know. | 是的 我知道 |
[51:07] | Oh, God, I so– I wanted a partner. | 天啊 我…真的很想找个伴侣 |
[51:13] | You had one. | 你曾有一个 |
[51:17] | One I could trust. | 找一个我可以信任的伴侣 |
[51:25] | Alex, I– | 艾丽克丝 我… |
[51:35] | God, I wish we’d taken that helicopter anywhere else. | 天啊 真希望当初 我们搭直升机去了别的地方 |
[51:44] | I know. | 我明白 |
[51:47] | But we didn’t. So… | 但我们没有 所以… |
[52:29] | Shoot. | 该死 |
[53:06] | Remaking this place. Just, doing it without you feels wrong. | 重塑这地方 只是没有你跟我一起 感觉就是不对 |
[53:10] | Hey. You can. This is what you’ve always advocated for. | 嘿 你可以的 这是你一直以来的主张 |
[53:14] | You’re gonna have a real voice in this new company. | 你在新公司里会有真正的话语权 |
[53:17] | Careful what you fight for. | 要谨慎选择奋斗的目标 |
[53:18] | Like– | 比如… |
[53:20] | When you dragged me into UBA? | 你把我拉进UBA那会儿? |
[53:22] | God, what would I have done if you didn’t come in | 天啊 如果你当初没来这里 没有坚持揭露真相 |
[53:25] | and take the doors off the hinges? | 我会怎么办呢? |
[53:28] | Honestly, I would’ve been still fighting with that fucker, Fred. | 老实说 我肯定还在跟弗雷德那混蛋斗争 |
[53:31] | Cybil. Geez. Maggie. | 西比尔 天啊 麦琪 |
[53:35] | I’d still be doing one-man-band reporting | 我应该还在独立报道 在那个名不见经传的小地方 |
[53:39] | in God knows where, wondering if that’s all there was. | 思考自己是不是就这样终其一生 |
[53:44] | Hey, I wanted to– I just wanted to say, about Paul– | 嘿 我想说 我只是想说 关于保罗… |
[53:50] | Please. Honey, I’m so okay. Really. | 别担心 亲爱的 我完全没事了 真的 |
[53:53] | He helped me let go of a lot of stuff. | 他帮我放下了很多情感包袱 |
[53:55] | – Then no regrets. – No. No regrets. | – 那就别后悔 – 对 不后悔 |
[54:02] | Okay. | 好 |
[54:05] | Okay, honey. You’re just gonna breathe now, okay? | 好吧 亲爱的 你现在要呼吸 好吗? |
[54:06] | Yeah, I’m trying. I just don’t know how this is gonna go. | 是的 我在努力 我只是不知道结果会怎样 |
[54:09] | Yeah, I’m trying. I just don’t know how this is gonna go. | (联邦调查局) |
[54:11] | You’re doing the right thing. You’re doing the only thing. | 这么做是对的 也是唯一该做的 |
[54:13] | Hey, I’ll be right there. | 嘿 我马上就进去 |
[54:19] | Okay, I better go before I change my mind. | 好 我得进去了 不然我要改主意了 |
[54:25] | I’m here for you if you need anything. Anything at all. | 需要什么的话就来找我 我对你有求必应 |
[54:28] | – And you’re gonna be okay. – I don’t know. | – 你会没事的 – 我不知道 |
[54:30] | Yes. You are. | 是的 会没事的 |
[54:34] | Okay. | 好 |
[54:37] | – You got this. – Yeah, okay. | – 你能行 – 是 好 |
[54:40] | – Breathe. – Okay. | – 呼吸 – 好 |
[54:40] | Okay. Go on. | 好 进去吧 |
[54:59] | Bye. | 再见 |