时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[02:03] | Tess Westin, AP. | 特丝·威斯汀 助理制片人 |
[02:07] | Yes. | 没错 |
[02:08] | Gary Cooper. | 加里·库柏 |
[02:10] | Can that really be his name? | 他真叫这名字吗 |
[02:12] | Yes. Desk producer. | 没错 后期制片 |
[02:15] | Tamara Hart, AP. | 塔玛拉·哈特 助理制片人 |
[02:19] | I’m on fire. | 我无敌了 |
[02:26] | New neighbors. | 新邻居 |
[02:30] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[02:46] | – Morning. – Big day. | -早安 -今天要忙了 |
[02:48] | Can I talk to you a second? | 能跟你说两句话吗 |
[02:49] | – We’ve got a rundown meeting. – Yeah. | -台本讨论会快开始了 -知道 |
[02:52] | – They’re very young out there. – I know. | -这些人很年轻 -我知道 |
[02:54] | But what they lack in experience, | 他们的缺点是经验不足 |
[02:56] | they make up for in inexperience. | 优点也是经验不足 |
[02:58] | – Mac… – It’s an asset. | -麦肯 -这是好事 |
[03:00] | They don’t know how to do the news badly yet. | 他们还没学会怎么做烂新闻 |
[03:01] | Or really at all. | 是压根什么都不会吧 |
[03:02] | Some of them will be doing things they haven’t done before, | 有些人虽然是第一次上手 |
[03:04] | but they’ll be supervised. | 但会有人带他们的 |
[03:05] | I want to grow these people, | 我要好好培养这些人 |
[03:06] | so you’re going to go easy on them. | 你对他们态度好点 |
[03:08] | We talked about this last night | 咱们昨晚就说过这件事 |
[03:09] | and for three hours the night before | 前天晚上说了三小时 |
[03:10] | and again at 4:00 AM this morning. | 今早四点又说了一遍 |
[03:12] | And you’re sure you don’t wanna lead with the spill? | 你确定不要用漏油事件作开场吗 |
[03:14] | – I am. Is that what you wanted to talk about? – No. | -确定 你就想跟我谈这个吗 -不 |
[03:17] | I think most people here know that you and I were together a while ago. | 我觉得这儿大多数人都知道我们以前交往过 |
[03:20] | I think so, too. | 我也这么觉得 |
[03:21] | – I don’t want anyone to know why we’re not together now. – Sure. | -我不想他们知道我们分手的原因 -好的 |
[03:24] | – I mean no one. – You think I’m gonna talk about it? | -谁都不行 -你觉得我会到处说吗 |
[03:26] | I find it hard to predict what you will and won’t do. | 我可猜不出你能做出什么事来 |
[03:28] | I won’t be telling anyone. | 我不会告诉别人的 |
[03:28] | As long as we’re straight. | 咱们可把话说清楚了 |
[03:29] | – We are. – No one. Nothing. | -很清楚了 -谁都不行 什么都别说 |
[03:31] | Just to be clear, you want me to tell some people, | 也就是说 你是想让我告诉某些人 |
[03:34] | – but not everyone. – Let’s go. | -但不是所有人 -走了 |
[03:36] | You’re going to have nine minutes with Jan Brewer, | 你有九分钟的时间采访简·布鲁尔 |
[03:37] | and nine minutes with La Raza. | 九分钟采访拉美裔委员会 |
[03:38] | I wanna go on record saying we should open with the spill. | 我正式提议 用漏油事件作开场 |
[03:41] | – Done. – We’ll open with the spill? | -好的 -要用漏油事件作开场吗 |
[03:42] | No, but you’re on record saying you think we should. | 不 但你的提议已记录在案 |
[03:44] | The spill is all anyone’s talking about. | 漏油事件是人们关注的焦点 |
[03:46] | Because we’re the ones telling them to. | 那是因为我们让它成为了焦点 |
[03:47] | We’re still reporting on it, just not at the top. | 还是要报道的 只不过不是头条 |
[03:50] | I’m looking at film of an oil rig sinking into the ocean. | 石油钻塔沉进海里的画面 |
[03:52] | That’s pretty good television. | 多好的节目素材 |
[03:54] | We don’t do good television, we do the news. | 咱们做的不是好节目 是好新闻 |
[03:59] | – Good morning. – Good morning. | -早上好 -早上好 |
[04:00] | And welcome to the first pitch meeting of “News Night” 2.0. | 欢迎参加”晚间新闻”2.0的首次选题会 |
[04:04] | The chaos of the spill is settling down | 漏油事件已渐渐平息 |
[04:06] | and we get to do our first real show. | 咱们要开始正式做节目了 |
[04:09] | 11:00, I hear the pitches; | 11点进行选题 |
[04:10] | 4:00, the show starts to look like the show; | 4点节目初步成形 |
[04:12] | and 6:00, we lock it in. | 6点节目正式敲定 |
[04:14] | I learned everyone’s names last night. | 我昨晚把大家的名字都记住了 |
[04:15] | A huge step in the right direction. | 大大的进步 |
[04:17] | We’ll be opening tonight with SB 1070, | 今晚开场报道参议院1070号法案 |
[04:20] | the Arizona immigration bill, | 亚利桑那州的移民法案 |
[04:21] | which Will supports, by the way. | 威尔很支持这个法案 |
[04:23] | You all thought he was a closet liberal | 大家都以为他私下里是个自由派 |
[04:25] | when, really, he’s a closet moron. | 而实际上他私下里是个白痴 |
[04:26] | I’m not a closet anything. | 我私下里什么都不是 |
[04:27] | Seriously, I know everyone’s name. | 说真的 我知道所有人的名字 |
[04:29] | I was up half the night | 我花了半个晚上的时间 |
[04:30] | learning to pronounce Calanasia Zbrezniak. | 读会了”卡拉娜西亚·泽布雷西尼亚克” |
[04:32] | Cally doesn’t work here anymore. | 卡莉已经不在这儿干了 |
[04:33] | – Dianastasia Jorma? – Nope. | -戴安娜塔西亚·约尔玛呢 -也不干了 |
[04:36] | Mohammed al Mohammed el Mohammed bin Bazir? | 穆罕默德·阿尔·穆罕默德·艾尔·穆罕默德·本·巴沙尔呢 |
[04:39] | – Went to Fox. – Fox hired | -跳槽去福克斯台了 -福克斯 |
[04:40] | someone with three Mohammeds in their name? | 竟然雇了个名字里有三个”穆罕默德”的人 |
[04:42] | But let’s give him a hand for effort. | 如此努力 大家掌声鼓励 |
[04:44] | Shut up! | 停下 |
[04:45] | – Is your name really Gary Cooper? – Yeah. | -你名字真叫加里·库珀吗 -是的 |
[04:48] | What is “News Night” 2.0? | “晚间新闻”2.0是什么 |
[04:51] | – This is… – Mac, the… | -这就是…-麦肯 那个 |
[04:52] | Right. Thank you. | 对了 多谢 |
[04:54] | Before we get to 2.0, I’m supposed to read | 进入正题之前 先读一下 |
[04:56] | something from IT and I don’t want to forget. | IT部的通知 免得忘了 |
[04:59] | “New aliases have been set up for in-house e-mails. | “内网电子邮件的代名系统已经建好 |
[05:02] | Autocomplete has been enabled on your Outlook.” | 电邮客户端已支持自动填充功能” |
[05:06] | Anybody know what that meant? | 有谁知道这是什么意思 |
[05:09] | Right. | 好吧 |
[05:11] | “Asterisk-interns” Or “Asterisk-staff”… | 实习生 或者 员工 |
[05:13] | an asterisk makes it go to a group. | 加星号的邮件发给整个组 |
[05:16] | No asterisk makes it go to an individual. | 不加星号的就只发给个人 |
[05:18] | Your name is Neelamani Sampat. | 你叫尼拉玛尼·桑帕特 |
[05:19] | – Nailed it. – Neal’s fine. | -小菜一碟 -叫我尼尔就行 |
[05:21] | Can you say it one more time? | 再说一遍好吗 |
[05:22] | Just type an e-mail to someone. | 发封邮件试试 |
[05:24] | Okay, I’m sending an e-mail to Will. | 好的 我给威尔发封邮件 |
[05:28] | I’m typing it. I’m still typing it. | 打字 继续打字 |
[05:31] | – What are you doing now? – Still typing. | -现在呢 -还在打字 |
[05:34] | And I’m sending it. | 发送 |
[05:42] | It’s all right. You made two mistakes. | 好吧 你犯了两个错误 |
[05:44] | You used an asterisk, and instead of typing W for “Will,” | 你用了星号 而且把代表”威尔”的”W” |
[05:47] | you typed S for “Staff.” | 错写成了代表”员工”的”S” |
[05:49] | They’re close together on the keyboard. | 这俩键离得太紧了 |
[05:50] | “Will McAvoy’s a closet bigot who hates immigrants | “威尔·麦卡沃伊对移民一肚子的偏见 |
[05:52] | even though this country was founded by immigrants.” | 但他的祖国却是由移民建立起来的” |
[05:53] | – Everybody get the same thing? – Yep. | -大家都收到了吗 -是的 |
[05:55] | No one in this newsroom’s job is being threatened by an undocumented worker. | 那是因为无证劳工抢不了你们的饭碗 |
[05:59] | Here we go. This is “News Night” 2.0. | 进入正题 这就是”晚间新闻”2.0 |
[06:02] | Sorry! | 抱歉 |
[06:07] | – Excuse me, Charlie? – Yeah. | -打扰一下 查理 -什么事 |
[06:09] | You wanted to see me? | 你要见我 |
[06:10] | A 12-year-old kid in Topeka is trying to convince me | 托皮卡的一个12岁小毛孩想让我相信 |
[06:13] | he’s got a pair of jacks in the hole. | 他手里有两张J |
[06:15] | – Shouldn’t he be in school? – He is in school. | -他不用上学吗 -他在学校呢 |
[06:17] | – How can I help you? – Hang on. | -有什么事吗 -等一下 |
[06:20] | He really did have jacks in the hole. | 他还真有两张J |
[06:22] | Is there a way I can tell his parents? | 我能不能向他家长告状 |
[06:25] | – I’m a little busy. – Sure. | -我很忙的 -我知道 |
[06:27] | You know how you have a secret meeting with Will | 你每天都和威尔秘密会面 |
[06:29] | every day to talk about numbers? | 讨论收视率吧 |
[06:31] | – I… we don’t have a secret meeting. – Yeah, you do. | -我们没有秘密会面 -你们有 |
[06:34] | You meet with him in private | 你私下里找他 |
[06:35] | – and you tell him exactly… – I do it at his request. | -告诉了他确切的 -是他要求的 |
[06:37] | – It’s very instructive. – It is. | -裨益良多 -是的 |
[06:39] | – It’s invaluable. – Yeah. | -非常难得 -对啊 |
[06:40] | I want you to stop. | 我要你停下来 |
[06:42] | Don’t break down the numbers for him for a little while. | 这段时间不要帮他分析数据 |
[06:44] | Can I ask why? | 我能问为什么吗 |
[06:45] | We’re trying something new | 我们在尝试新花样 |
[06:47] | and I don’t want him getting cold feet. | 我不希望他临阵退缩 |
[06:49] | – He listens to you. – He should. | -他听你的 -他应该的 |
[06:50] | But what do you mean you’re trying something new? | 你说尝试新花样是什么意思 |
[06:52] | We’re going to try doing the news, see what happens. | 我们在尝试做新闻 看看效果如何 |
[06:54] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[06:56] | There are two important conversations… | 有两件事非常重要 |
[06:58] | how do we do the best news possible | 第一 如何做出最好的新闻 |
[07:00] | and how do we get the most people to watch? | 第二 如何吸引更多的观众 |
[07:02] | I don’t want one of those conversations | 我不希望两者之间 |
[07:04] | to have anything to do with the other… | 有任何的牵制 |
[07:05] | You don’t want ratings to drive content. | 你不希望由收视率主导内容 |
[07:07] | – Exactly. – Neither do I. | -正是 -我也不想 |
[07:09] | – I want content to drive ratings. – That’s the hope. | -我希望内容主导收视率 -希望如此 |
[07:11] | But for the moment, I don’t want ratings in Will’s head at all. | 但我暂时不想让威尔考虑收视率问题 |
[07:14] | I’d be able to tell him you spiked | 我可以告诉他 |
[07:15] | close to 75,000 new viewers since you broke your story. | 漏油报道后 新增了近七万五千名观众 |
[07:18] | That’s 10% in four days. | 四天就涨了10% |
[07:20] | In addition to the haul he brought in after he went crazy at Northwestern. | 这还没算上”发疯”事件吸引的人数 |
[07:22] | – He didn’t go crazy. – I’d be able to tell him | -他没有发疯 -我可以告诉他 |
[07:24] | that 32% of those are in the demo… | 其中主流消费群体占32% |
[07:26] | – Reese. – and 44% make over 75K, | -里斯 -44%的人年薪超过七万五 |
[07:28] | which means we can charge more for 15 and 30s | 我们能给15-30年龄段的广告加价 |
[07:31] | and get out of the wheelchair-selling business. | 然后摆脱老年人生意 |
[07:33] | And what does he do with that information? | 他听了以后 会怎么做呢 |
[07:34] | He stretches out the spill as long as he can. | 尽可能多的报道漏油事件 |
[07:36] | – That’s ratings driving content. – That’s just reality. | -这叫收视率主导内容 -这叫现实 |
[07:39] | – Reese. – No, I need to be able to do my job. | -里斯 -不 我要尽我的本分 |
[07:41] | Just don’t break down the numbers for Will. | 拜托你不要帮威尔分析数据 |
[07:46] | We’ve never gotten along that well, have we? | 我们从来都谈不拢 |
[07:48] | Reese, don’t break down the numbers for Will. | 里斯 不要帮威尔分析数据 |
[07:53] | If I hid in a locked vault buried under the AWM building, | 就算我躲在公司地下的密室里 |
[07:56] | Will would find me so I could break down the numbers for him | 威尔也会把我找出来帮他分析数据 |
[07:59] | because Will McAvoy is the biggest ratings whore in the business. | 威尔·麦卡沃伊是业界最拿收视率当妈的 |
[08:01] | – I’m not the bad guy. – Nobody’s the bad guy. | -我不是坏人 -谁都不是坏人 |
[08:03] | Though if you call Will a whore again, | 但你要是再提威尔他妈 |
[08:06] | I’m going to take out your teeth one punch at a time. | 我会打得你满地找牙 一拳一颗 |
[08:10] | – Anything else? – No, sir. | -还有事吗 -没了 |
[08:14] | This is a new show and there are new rules. | 新节目就有新规则 |
[08:18] | One, “Is this information we need in the voting booth?” | 第一 “它是否会影响选民的投票选择” |
[08:22] | Two, “Is this the best possible form of the argument?” | 第二 “它是否能最好地表述论点” |
[08:26] | And three, “Is the story in historical context?” | 第三 “它是否具有历史背景” |
[08:31] | You can use a mnemonic device. | 你们可以这样记 |
[08:34] | I-I-I, the three Is. | 它-它-它 三个它 |
[08:37] | – That’s not really helpful. – I was gonna say. | -貌似没什么用 -我正想说呢 |
[08:39] | We’re not opening with BP? | 不拿英石油开场了吗 |
[08:40] | It’ll go down in the D block. There’s nothing new. | 挤到第四段去 没啥新进展 |
[08:42] | How about today’s day four | 不如说说 都四天了 |
[08:43] | of the president not saying anything about it? | 总统还未对此事作出回应 |
[08:45] | Would you get off the man’s back? | 你放他一马行不行啊 |
[08:46] | Jesus Christ. I’m surprised you found room. | 老天爷 我服了你了 |
[08:48] | Gary, Kendra. | 这是加里 这是肯德拉 |
[08:50] | Gary is the smart black guy who’s not afraid to criticize Obama. | 加里是敢于批判奥巴马的黑人棒小伙 |
[08:53] | Kendra got double 800s on her SATs, makes Gary crazy. | 肯德拉SAT双满分 加里不服气 |
[08:56] | – I studied. – BP’s going in the D block. | -我做了功课 -英石油放到第四段播 |
[08:58] | Jim. | 吉姆 |
[08:59] | SB 1070 passed the Arizona House last week | 1070号法案上周由亚利桑那众议院表决通过 |
[09:01] | and a few days later passed the State Senate. | 没过几天 州参议院也表决通过 |
[09:03] | Its official name is | 官方名称是 |
[09:05] | the Support Our Law Enforcement and Safe Neighborhoods Act. | 《支持执法工作和安全社区法》 |
[09:08] | It requires immigrants carry their alien registration documents at all times, | 规定移民须时刻携带移民文件 |
[09:12] | requires police question people if there’s reason to suspect | 规定警察可以盘查 |
[09:14] | they’re in the United States illegally, | 疑似非法居留的人员 |
[09:16] | and it targets those who hire illegal immigrants. | 并打击雇佣非法移民的公司 |
[09:18] | The governor signs the bill today. | 州长今日签署了法案 |
[09:19] | Is it worth mentioning this is the same state that offered a bill | 要不要加一条 也正是该州曾通过法案 |
[09:22] | requiring presidential candidates to show | 要求总统候选人提供出生地证明 |
[09:22] | 宪法规定 只有在美国出生才有资格竞选总统 很多怀疑论者认为奥巴马出生于肯尼亚 | |
[09:24] | their birth certificates in order to get on the ballot? | 才能列入该州的选票 |
[09:26] | In a courtroom, that would be called “Prejudicial.” | 在法庭上 这叫做”偏私” |
[09:28] | It would be called prejudicial anywhere. | 在哪都叫偏见 |
[09:29] | Nope, not that kind of prejudicial. | 不 不是那种偏见 |
[09:31] | We’ve got the governor for nine minutes. | 我们能有九分钟采访州长 |
[09:33] | – Just us. She’s only talking to Will. – How’d you swing that? | -独家 她只跟威尔谈 -你怎么做到的 |
[09:35] | By telling her about “News Night” 2.0. | 我给她介绍了”晚间新闻”2.0 |
[09:37] | You showed her the easel? | 你给她看白板了 |
[09:38] | I convinced her she’s not going to have to outshout a crazy person. | 我说服了她 不用跟一疯子比嗓子 |
[09:42] | That studio is a courtroom | 演播室就是法庭 |
[09:45] | and we only call expert witnesses. | 我们只连线专家证人 |
[09:48] | Will is the attorney for both sides. | 威尔兼任双方的律师 |
[09:50] | He examines the witness and reveals facts. | 他调查证人证言 揭露真相 |
[09:54] | You will be amazed at the guests we’ll book | 就用这么简单明了的模板 来连线嘉宾 |
[09:57] | using that unbelievably obvious template. | 到时候的效果 你们一定会大吃一惊 |
[10:00] | You don’t have to raise your hand. | 不用举手 |
[10:01] | I saw one of those crazy | 昨晚我看到一个狂热的 |
[10:02] | militia guys on “Jon Stewart” Last night. | 国民警卫队员上了乔恩·斯图尔特的节目 |
[10:04] | We could also have him on. | 我们可以请他来 |
[10:05] | Did you hear me when I was speaking just then | 你是没听到我刚才说的吗 |
[10:07] | or were you distracted by a bumblebee? | 还是你被大黄蜂分心了 |
[10:08] | What does the I stand for? | 这个”它”表示什么 |
[10:15] | The…the second I. | 第二个”它” |
[10:17] | “Is this the best possible form of the argument?” | “它是否能最好地表述论点” |
[10:20] | Not the most colorful version, | 而不是最华丽的版本 |
[10:21] | not the most outrageous version, | 也不是最惊人的版本 |
[10:23] | but the best possible version. | 而是最佳的版本 |
[10:26] | – How do you define “Best”? – I define it by the source. | -怎么定义”最佳” -根据消息源 |
[10:28] | I define it by the number of relevant facts it contains, | 根据它包含相关事实的数目 |
[10:31] | and I define it by an X factor that I trust Will and myself to determine, | 根据我和威尔加起来五十年经验 |
[10:35] | using our combined five decades in the field. | 总结出来的经验公式 |
[10:37] | What’s the best possible version of the Birther argument? | “出生地怀疑论”的最佳版本是什么 |
[10:39] | There isn’t one. And that’s the fourth– | 不存在 这就引出了第四点 |
[10:41] | Ah! This one’s an A. | 啊 这次是个”报” |
[10:44] | Are there really two sides to this story? | 报道是否真的具有两面性 |
[10:46] | So it’s I-I-I-A. | 它-它-它-报 |
[10:49] | What does that mean, are there really… | 什么叫作”真的具有” |
[10:51] | The media is biased towards success | 传媒偏向于成功者 |
[10:52] | and the media is biased towards fairness. | 媒体也偏向于公平 |
[10:55] | How can you be biased toward fairness? | 什么叫”偏向于公平” |
[10:56] | There aren’t two sides to every story. | 不是所有报道都能有两面性 |
[10:58] | Some stories have five sides, some only have one. | 有些报道有五个面 有些只有一个 |
[11:00] | – You don’t have to raise your hand. – I still don’t under… | -不用举手 -我还是不明白 |
[11:02] | Biased toward fairness means | “偏向于公平”指的是 |
[11:03] | that if the entire Congressional Republican Caucus | 如果整个国会的共和党议员 |
[11:05] | were to walk into the House and propose a resolution | 全体跑去众议院 要求表决 |
[11:08] | stating that the earth was flat, the “Times” would lead | 声明地球是方的 纽约时报的标题会是 |
[11:10] | with “Democrats and Republicans Can’t Agree on Shape of Earth.” | “两党未能就地球形状达成一致” |
[11:14] | – Mac? – Would you let them raise their hands? | -麦肯 -还是让他们举手吧 |
[11:16] | – Fine. – Back to immigration. | -好吧 -回到移民问题 |
[11:18] | Neelamani Sampat. It means “Blue jewel.” | 尼拉玛尼·桑帕特 意思是”蓝宝石” |
[11:20] | – I didn’t know that. – I did. I took the time. I care. | -我都不知道 -我花心思查的 |
[11:23] | – Are you asking him out? – If he wants me to. I’m nice. | -你在约他吗 -如果他想 我不介意 |
[11:26] | – And what are you still doing here? – I was asked to help. | -你还在这里干嘛 -有人请我来帮忙 |
[11:28] | Don generously volunteered to help during the transition. | 过渡期间 唐自告奋勇来帮忙 |
[11:30] | – He was asked or he volunteered? – I’m happy to go. | -到底是不是自愿的 -我巴不得走 |
[11:33] | – Apologize. – I’m sorry. | -道歉 -对不起 |
[11:34] | – To Don. – I’m over it. | -对唐说 -算了 |
[11:35] | Neal. | 尼尔 |
[11:36] | There is an alternative weekly in Spokane | 斯波坎有一份周刊小报 |
[11:39] | called the “Pacific Northwest Insider” | 《太平洋西北地区内幕》 |
[11:41] | that published an article about immigration a couple of weeks ago. | 几周前发表了一篇关于移民的文章 |
[11:44] | The story featured a guy named Hector Nunez | 讲述了赫克托·努涅斯的故事 |
[11:46] | who revealed that when he was 16, | 在他十六岁时 |
[11:48] | his parents told him that he was living here illegally. | 父母告诉他 他其实是非法居留 |
[11:51] | The paper used his real name? | 报纸上登了他的真名吗 |
[11:52] | Yeah, and the state of Washington rescinded | 对 文章刊登出来后 |
[11:54] | his driver’s license after the piece came out. | 华盛顿州就吊销了他的驾照 |
[11:56] | He needs his car to get to his job with a small moving company | 他需要开车去一家小型搬家公司上班 |
[12:00] | and to take his kids to school in the morning. | 早上还要开车送他孩子上学 |
[12:02] | I thought we could have him on. | 我觉得可以连线他 |
[12:04] | I’ve got to budget 42 minutes. | 这42分钟要精打细算 |
[12:06] | I’ve already spent 18 on Jan Brewer and La Raza. | 简·布鲁尔和拉美裔委员会已占掉18分钟 |
[12:08] | I thought we could put a human face on immigration. | 我觉得可以给移民问题增加点同情心 |
[12:10] | How about putting a human face on the guy whose job he took? | 怎么不去同情被他抢了饭碗的人呢 |
[12:13] | We don’t have the time. | 没时间 |
[12:14] | We’ve got 1070, BP, and a Senate candidate | 要讲1070法案 英石油 还有那个参议员候选人 |
[12:17] | who says poor people can pay doctors with chickens. | 说穷人可以拿鸡抵医药费 |
[12:19] | But even if we did have the time, | 就算我们有时间 |
[12:20] | it would be emotionally manipulative. | 这也太煽情了 |
[12:21] | – How? – We’d be putting him there | -怎么煽情了 -让他上节目 |
[12:22] | so that we can feel sorry for him. | 就是为了给他赚取同情 |
[12:24] | We should feel sorry for him. He’s getting screwed. | 本来就该同情他 他都这么惨了 |
[12:26] | You should feel sorry for the guy whose job he took. | 你怎么不同情被他抢了饭碗的人 |
[12:28] | I don’t want to feel sorry for anybody. | 我不要同情任何人 |
[12:29] | I want the facts, and neither of them can provide facts. | 我要的是事实 而这两方都不能展示事实 |
[12:33] | – Somebody’s gonna book this kid. – Nobody’s gonna book him. | -总有人会报道他的 -不会的 |
[12:34] | Nobody’s gonna have heard of him. | 根本没人知道这码事 |
[12:36] | It’s an alternative weekly in Spokane. | 只登在斯波坎的小报上而已 |
[12:37] | And do you see “What’s our competition doing?” On the easel? | 再来看看我们白板上的问题 懂了吗 |
[12:41] | – No, but I wish I did. – Moving on. | -没有 我想懂来着 -继续 |
[12:46] | The Dow has ticked down 108 points | 受商务部报告影响 |
[12:48] | on a surprisingly weak durable-goods orders report | 道琼斯指数下挫108点 |
[12:50] | from the Commerce Department that has raised worries… | 该报告显示 耐用品订单大大少于预期 |
[12:52] | Listen, I’m not gonna take it from him in public or private. | 不管人前人后 我受不了他这态度 |
[12:55] | – I’m doing you guys a favor. – I’m sorry. | -我是来帮忙的 -不好意思 |
[12:57] | I understand. And he knows that. | 我知道 他也理解 |
[12:58] | You’re cutting “PopWatch” And “Today on YouTube”? | 你要砍掉《潮流前线》和《今日视频》 |
[13:00] | I am. And I know they’re both yours, but– | 对 我知道这两个都是你的节目 但是 |
[13:02] | I don’t care that they’re mine. | 是谁的节目无所谓 |
[13:04] | I care that they’re the most popular segments on the show. | 问题是 这俩是最受欢迎的版块 |
[13:06] | Look at the minute to minutes. | 你看看每分钟的收视率 |
[13:07] | Feel free to use them when you and Elliot start at 10:00. | 你和埃利奥特可以在10点档随意使用 |
[13:09] | Yeah, there’s gonna be nobody left at 10:00 if you lead off the night | 等大家看完《威尔·麦卡沃伊说教秀》 |
[13:11] | with the “Will McAvoy Makes You Eat Your Vegetables Hour.” | 不换台才奇怪呢 |
[13:16] | Forget it. | 算了 |
[13:20] | – Maggie. – Yeah. | -玛姬 -干嘛 |
[13:22] | Mac wants me to supervise your preinterview with Brewer’s office. | 麦肯让我带着你预采访一下布鲁尔办公室 |
[13:24] | – I was told. – All right, | -我知道 -好 |
[13:25] | you’re gonna be talking to a spokesperson. | 你找她的发言人就好 |
[13:26] | I’ll call him now. | 我现在就打给他 |
[13:28] | I thought maybe we could do a practice run first. | 我觉得应该先排练一下 |
[13:30] | Okay, I’d like to say, with all respect, | 你看 我没别的意思 |
[13:33] | that I don’t feel I need to be supervised. | 但我不需要别人带 |
[13:35] | – Okay. – You’ll let me do it by myself? | -好吧 -你让我一个人来吗 |
[13:37] | No, I just meant okay, I heard you say that. | 不行 我只是说 好 我听见你说话了 |
[13:39] | I’ve been here a year. You’ve been here three days. | 我来这一年了 你才来了三天 |
[13:42] | Mac’s working with a group of | 麦肯现在周围的同事 |
[13:43] | relatively inexperienced people she doesn’t know. | 都相对经验不足 而且她也不了解 |
[13:45] | – I know that. – All right. | -我知道 -好吧 |
[13:46] | – So you’ll let me do it myself? – No. | -让我自己来吗 -不行 |
[13:48] | – Then I’m doing this under protest. – I’m sorry? | -那我就抗议着做 -什么意思 |
[13:51] | I’m just… I’ll be… I’m doing this under protest. | 我会 我就抗议着做 |
[13:53] | – What does that look like? – It’ll be the same. | -那是什么状态 -跟平时一样 |
[13:55] | I’m just lodging an official protest. | 但我要表示抗议 |
[13:57] | – With who? – My immediate superior, I guess. | -向谁表示 -我的直接上级 |
[13:59] | – That’s me. – Well, are you writing it down? | -不就是我 -那你记下来没有 |
[14:01] | No. Are you really considering going to 10:00? | 不记 你真的打算跳去10点档吗 |
[14:03] | – Don made some compelling arguments. – Yeah? What were they? | -唐说得很让人心动 -是吗 说什么了 |
[14:06] | That growing something from scratch is something I should experience. | 从头做起的机会难得 我应该加入 |
[14:09] | – Okay. – Whoa, whoa, wait. | -好吧 -等一下 |
[14:12] | – What did that mean? – Nothing. | -你什么意思 -没意思 |
[14:13] | – Really? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是 |
[14:14] | I know exactly what you’re thinking. | 你在想什么我清楚得很 |
[14:16] | I can’t say the same. | 你在想什么我就不清楚了 |
[14:18] | – You don’t think I’m making a relationship choice? – No. | -你没觉得我是夫唱妇随型的吗 -没有 |
[14:20] | That this is just a temp gig for me | 你没觉得我现在只是随便玩玩 |
[14:21] | until someone puts a ring on it and I can have kids? | 一旦戴上戒指 就回家生孩子吗 |
[14:25] | I wasn’t saying… I didn’t say any of that. | 我没说 我没这个意思 |
[14:26] | You don’t think that I don’t have the same commitment to news that you do? | 你难道不是没觉得我对新闻的执着远不如你吗 |
[14:29] | No. | 没 |
[14:32] | I’ll be honest… because of the way I phrased those questions, | 说实话 由于我的提问方式 |
[14:34] | I wasn’t totally clear on what your answers meant. | 我不确定你的回答是什么意思 |
[14:36] | I think that you have the same commitment to the news that I do. | 我觉得你跟我一样对新闻很执着 |
[14:39] | I think kids are great. I used to be one. | 有小孩很好 我也是从小孩长大的 |
[14:41] | And I can’t remember the third thing, but– | 还有一点要说啥我忘了 但是 |
[14:43] | – Ring, ring. – Thank you. | -叮 叮 -谢谢 |
[14:44] | – Ring, ring. – Hi, it’s Glenn Fisher. | -叮 叮 -我是格伦·费希尔 |
[14:46] | – Glenn Fisher? – Yes. | -格伦·费希尔 -对 |
[14:47] | – That’s the spokesperson I’m talking to? – Yes. | -发言人是格伦·费希尔 -对 |
[14:49] | I thought it was John Markell. | 我还以为是约翰·马克尔 |
[14:50] | Fisher’s a press agent who’s doing the preinterview. | 费希尔负责预采访 |
[14:52] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[14:54] | First, you go into iNews and you look over the questions | 你先上iNews看一看台本 |
[14:57] | the segment producer put in the rundown. | 版块制片人已经列出问题了 |
[14:58] | Identify yourself and your news agency, summarize the segment… | 自报家门 介绍一下版块内容 |
[15:02] | the length, whether it’s live or not, | 长度 是否直播 |
[15:03] | and who we’re having on from the other side. | 还有我们这边连线的有谁 |
[15:05] | I’m sorry, but don’t I first | 不好意思 但我不是应该 |
[15:06] | open my eyes and notice it’s a new day? | 先睁开眼睛 发现新的一天吗 |
[15:08] | – What are we talking about here? – I’ve done this before. | -你想说什么 -我不是第一天上班 |
[15:10] | – Okay. – What is this magic box in front of me? | -好吧 -这个魔盒是什么呀 |
[15:12] | Have I done something to you? | 我哪里惹你了吗 |
[15:14] | I swear I was just thinking the exact same thing. | 我也在想同样的问题 |
[15:16] | I have no idea why I’m being mean to you. | 我也不知道为什么对你这么凶 |
[15:18] | Now that you know that, do you think you’ll stop? | 既然你也察觉了 可以别凶了吗 |
[15:19] | That’s the thing… it doesn’t feel like it. | 问题是 我停不下来 |
[15:21] | I’m just being honest. | 我说实话而已 |
[15:22] | I can’t ask for more than that, except rational thought. | 实话就够了 能理智就更好 |
[15:24] | – What was that? – Nothing. | -你说什么 -没什么 |
[15:25] | – Ring, ring. – Hi, it’s Glenn Fisher. | -叮 叮 -我是格伦·费希尔 |
[15:27] | Glenn, this is Margaret Jordan. | 格伦 我是玛格丽特·乔丹 |
[15:29] | I’m an associate producer at “News Night” | 《晚间新闻》的助理制片人 |
[15:30] | and I’m doing the preinterview for the governor’s appearance this evening. | 来跟您确认州长上节目的具体事宜 |
[15:33] | I know Will’s gonna wanna ask | 威尔会问她 |
[15:35] | why mean people tend to pour into your state | 矬人怎么总扎堆到你们州呢 |
[15:38] | like it’s a bathtub drain. | 就跟您那儿有排污口似的 |
[15:39] | Will’s not gonna wanna ask that. | 威尔不会问的 |
[15:40] | I think they’re building the fence on the wrong side of the state. | 我觉得围墙建错边了 |
[15:43] | Margaret, here in Arizona, the government can barely pay | 玛格丽特 在我们亚利桑那 本地穷人 |
[15:45] | for the needs of native-born poor as it is… | 政府都快供养不起了 |
[15:47] | welfare, education, Social Security… | 福利 教育 社会安全保障都要花钱 |
[15:49] | especially when so many households here | 况且还有很多家庭 |
[15:50] | are one or two paychecks away from the poverty line. | 挣扎在贫困线附近 |
[15:52] | You’re scapegoating these people. | 你这是拿移民当替罪羊 |
[15:54] | Stop. I just said illegals cost money. | 停下 我刚说了 非法居民浪费财政 |
[15:57] | – Ask the follow-up. – Okay. | -问跟进问题 -好吧 |
[16:00] | Ask it. | 问啊 |
[16:03] | My follow-up, Mr. Fisher, is this… | 费希尔先生 我的跟进问题是 |
[16:05] | I understand that having undocumented workers living in the US costs money | 我能理解让非法劳工居留美国是浪费财政 |
[16:09] | and it’s a problem we have to do something about, | 这也是亟待解决的一个问题 |
[16:11] | but shouldn’t it be a point of pride for Americans | 但有人愿意抛下祖国和亲人 来到美国 |
[16:14] | that others are willing to uproot their families just to come here? | 难道我们美国人不该引以为豪吗 |
[16:16] | The follow-up was “How much do they cost?” | 你该问的是 开销能有多大 |
[16:19] | But, yes, it is a point | 但你说的也有理 |
[16:20] | of pride that people wanna come to America | 人们愿意来美国工作是美国之幸 |
[16:22] | and we value our diverse population in Arizona, | 我们很看重亚利桑那州的人口多样性 |
[16:24] | but we just want people to immigrate legally and become citizens. | 但我们希望人们能合法移民成为美国公民 |
[16:26] | And I’m sure that’s what’s behind the emotion and the vitriol… | 我坚信这才是推动法案的动力 |
[16:29] | Americans hate it when people don’t fill out the proper paperwork. | 美国人讨厌证件不齐全的人 |
[16:31] | You can’t antagonize the… | 你不能攻击… |
[16:33] | I’m gonna ask the right questions, you dweeb! | 我懂得怎么提问 讨厌鬼 |
[16:35] | – And you’ll follow up? – I’ll follow up. | -你会跟进吗 -我会的 |
[16:37] | My point is that whatever side of this you’re on, | 我认为无论你是什么态度 |
[16:41] | the rhetoric we use to | 这些人冒着生命危险 |
[16:42] | talk about these people who risk their lives | 来美国给人摘橙子赚点钱 |
[16:45] | to have a shot at picking oranges | 只为了自己的孩子不至于饿死 |
[16:46] | so their kids have a shot at not being dead | 而我们谈论他们时的口气 |
[16:48] | makes it sound like we’re talking about scraping gum off our shoes. | 就像是把他们当成了鞋底的口香糖 |
[16:53] | These people chose to take a huge risk to become Americans | 这些人冒着巨大风险成为美国人 |
[16:57] | and they deserve a better descriptor than “Illegals.” | 管他们叫”非法移民” 太瞧不起人了 |
[17:07] | You don’t need me. You got this one. | 你不需要我了 你可以的 |
[17:09] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:11] | Another story making headlines this morning is, of course, Greece, | 今天早上的另一头条当属希腊 |
[17:14] | whose prime minister officially requested activation | 希腊总理要求实施 |
[17:16] | of the EU/IMF bailout package, | 欧盟和国际货币基金组织的救市计划 |
[17:18] | lifting the euro from its lowest level of the year | 此举使欧元不再继续贬值 |
[17:20] | and sending commodity prices soaring. | 也使得日用品价格飙升 |
[17:22] | We’ll have that and the rest of the day’s financial news | 详细情况以及其他财经新闻 |
[17:24] | on “Market Wrap-Up” At 4:00. | 请关注下午四点的”市场简报” |
[17:26] | I’m Sloan Sabbith. | 我是斯隆·莎碧斯 |
[17:27] | Let’s go out to Diane and Billy on the West Coast | 接下来请跟随西海岸的戴安和比利 |
[17:29] | for Atlantis Hollywood. | 收看”亚特兰蒂斯-好莱坞报道” |
[17:31] | And we’re clear. | 结束 |
[17:35] | Hello. | 你好 |
[17:36] | Sloan, I’m Mackenzie McHale. | 斯隆 我是麦肯兹·麦克黑尔 |
[17:38] | – I know. It’s good to meet you. – It’s nice to meet you. | -我知道 幸会 -是我的荣幸 |
[17:40] | – Do you have a minute? – Sure. Thanks. | -有空吗 -当然 谢谢 |
[17:45] | You know, I was watching you earlier when you were talking about | 那会儿我在看你谈及两家公司 |
[17:47] | two companies…Capital One and, um… | 第一资本银行 还有… |
[17:50] | – Baxter. – Baxter. | -巴克斯特 -巴克斯特 |
[17:51] | And the prompter said, | 提词器显示的是 |
[17:52] | “Both of whom are hinting at good numbers,” | 两人都暗示自己效绩很好 |
[17:54] | and you said, “Both of which are hinting at good numbers.” | 而你说的是 两”家”都暗示自己效绩很好 |
[17:56] | – Was that an accident? – No. I didn’t write that copy. | -是意外吗 -不 稿子不是我写的 |
[17:59] | I changed it to “Which” because “Whom” is for people. | 我说成”家”是因为”人”不能代表公司 |
[18:02] | – Is someone in trouble? – No. | -有问题吗 -没有 |
[18:03] | – Do you mind coming into my office for a second? – Sure. | -可以到我办公室去一下吗 -可以 |
[18:06] | What’s the difference between a corporation and a person? | 公司和个人有什么区别 |
[18:06] | 美国选举法中有观点认为公司和人一样有言论自由的权利 以此为据 最高法院通过一项判决 公司和个人可以对政治选举无限捐款 | |
[18:09] | – Have you ever held a door open for someone? – Yes. | -你有没有替人把过门 -有过 |
[18:12] | – Did you ask them for money first? – No. | -那有没有先让他们付钱呢 -没有 |
[18:14] | – That’s the difference. – That’s the right answer. | -这就是区别 -回答正确 |
[18:15] | – Am I taking a test? – I’ve asked around and people say | -你在考我吗 -别人都说 |
[18:18] | you don’t belong here, that you could be making | 你不该在这里 你应该去高盛 |
[18:20] | a lot more money as an analyst at Goldman. | 当个分析师 可以赚很多钱 |
[18:22] | Couldn’t you be making a lot more money producing reality television? | 你如果做真人秀节目 不也能赚很多钱 |
[18:24] | I do produce reality television. | 我做的就是真人秀 |
[18:28] | I don’t know what to tell you. | 我不知道该怎么讲 |
[18:29] | I like my job. | 我热爱这份工作 |
[18:30] | Do you feel like working longer hours? | 那你想每天再多些工作吗 |
[18:33] | They talked to me about doing a morning show | 公司几次让我做一个早间的栏目 |
[18:35] | a couple of times, but I can’t do that. | 但我做不到 |
[18:36] | I’m not interested in cooking. I make sandwiches. | 我对烹饪不感兴趣 只会做三明治 |
[18:39] | I get that I don’t necessarily look like it, but I’m an economist. | 我不是花瓶 我是经济学家 |
[18:42] | – Thanks, though. – Yeah, I meant in prime time. | -谢了 -我指的是黄金时段 |
[18:44] | I want to give you five minutes every night | 我想每天晚上给你五分钟节目时间 |
[18:47] | to talk about where we are and how we got here. | 报道每日经济 |
[18:50] | Are you serious? | 真的吗 |
[18:53] | There are people more qualified than I am. | 很多人比我更合适 |
[18:54] | I can put you in touch with | 我可以帮你联系 |
[18:55] | some of the professors that I studied under… | 我师从的一些教授 |
[18:57] | Yeah, the thing is they’re not going to have your legs. | 问题是他们没有你的靓腿 |
[19:01] | I’m sorry, but if I’m going to get people to listen to an economics lesson, | 不好意思 但如果要吸引观众来上经济课 |
[19:05] | I’ve got to find someone who doesn’t look like George Bernard Shaw. | 我可不能找个像萧伯纳的人 |
[19:08] | I would not ask you if I didn’t think you were qualified. | 你若不合适 我也不会找你 |
[19:13] | You want me to do pole dancing while explaining subprime mortgages? | 你是要我边跳钢管舞 边解释次级抵押贷款吗 |
[19:15] | If you’re up to it, sure. | 你愿意的话 当然可以 |
[19:17] | All right, I get it. | 我明白了 |
[19:19] | We’ll start a conversation with Will about our goals | 到时我们和威尔谈谈我们的目标 |
[19:21] | – and how we’re going to get there. – Great. | -和具体实施方案 -好的 |
[19:22] | I think you and I are going to be good friends. | 我们肯定会成为好朋友的 |
[19:23] | I’d like that. | 很乐意 |
[19:25] | – Me, too. – Okay. | -我也是 -嗯 |
[19:26] | I mean it. I don’t have any friends. | 真的 我没有什么朋友 |
[19:29] | You know, you’re…you’re new in town, so… | 你刚到这里 所以… |
[19:32] | Yeah. Yeah. | 嗯 |
[19:35] | You know, you and I have something in common. | 我们俩有个共同点 |
[19:37] | What’s that? | 什么呢 |
[19:38] | I had a boyfriend who cheated on me, too. | 我也有过一个背叛我的男朋友 |
[19:41] | The week of our wedding. | 还就在结婚那周 |
[19:45] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[19:46] | – I know about Will. – Yeah. Yeah. | -我知道威尔的事 -是呀 是呀 |
[19:52] | I still don’t understand. | 我还是不明白 |
[19:55] | Wait, Will didn’t cheat on me. | 慢着 威尔没有背叛我 |
[19:57] | – I used to deny it, too. – Will didn’t cheat on me. | -我以前也不承认 -威尔没有背叛我 |
[20:00] | Oh, okay. Sorry. | 好吧 对不起 |
[20:01] | I can’t talk about what happened, | 我不能说是怎么回事 |
[20:02] | but I can tell you that Will didn’t cheat on me. | 但我可以告诉你 威尔没有背叛我 |
[20:04] | – I shouldn’t have mentioned anything. – Sloan, listen to me. | -我不该提这事 -斯隆 听我讲 |
[20:06] | Will didn’t cheat on me. | 威尔没有背叛我 |
[20:07] | Yes, we were together for two years and we broke up. | 没错 我们谈过两年恋爱然后分手了 |
[20:09] | I can’t tell you any more than that, | 我只能告诉你这些 |
[20:11] | but he never, ever, never cheated on me. | 但他从来没有背叛过我 |
[20:12] | – Who told you that? – Everybody. | -谁告诉你的 -大家 |
[20:14] | That’s what people… no, no, no. | 大家以为… 不 不 |
[20:16] | That…that’s not what happened. | 不是这么回事 |
[20:17] | You don’t have to tell me what happened. | 你不必向我解释 |
[20:18] | I can’t tell you what was happened | 我不能给你解释 |
[20:19] | He doesn’t want anyone in the office to know. He made me promise. | 他不想办公室的人知道 我答应过他 |
[20:23] | No, not because… | 不 不是因为… |
[20:25] | I can’t talk. Ugh! | 我不能说 |
[20:26] | Even though in this situation, I think he’d prefer… | 就算是现在这样 他也宁愿… |
[20:28] | no, he really doesn’t want the office to know anything. | 不 他真的不希望办公室任何人知道 |
[20:31] | – He didn’t cheat on me. – I should get back to work. | -他没有背叛我 -我该去工作了 |
[20:34] | You need to tell people that. | 你要告诉大家 |
[20:36] | You’re enabling an ass. | 你是在纵容一个混蛋 |
[20:37] | He’s…whoa. | 他… |
[20:39] | He’s not an ass. | 他不是混蛋 |
[20:43] | Come here. | 过来 |
[20:45] | Will’s not an ass. He’s the opposite of an ass. | 威尔不是混蛋 完全不是 |
[20:47] | Even if he did cheat on me, | 就算他真的背叛了我 |
[20:48] | which he absolutely didn’t, he’s definitely not an ass. | 况且他绝对没有 他绝对不是混蛋 |
[20:51] | – Do people think that? – You had to have known that. | -大家都这么想吗 -你应该知道的 |
[20:52] | I thought they thought he was gruff, but lovable. | 我以为大家觉得他脾气不好 但是可爱 |
[20:55] | No, they think he’s an ass who cheated on you. | 不 大家觉得他是个背叛你的混蛋 |
[20:56] | That has to be corrected. | 这点必须纠正 |
[20:57] | – I have to start the 4:00. – Okay, okay, okay. | -我要去做四点的节目了 -好 好 |
[21:00] | You need to do this… | 你得这样… |
[21:01] | you need to go from person to person and tell them | 你得一个个地告诉大家 |
[21:04] | that Will is an extraordinary man with a heart the size of a Range Rover, | 威尔是个大好人 一颗爱心大如路虎 |
[21:08] | that there’s a…a long story that has to do… | 这件事很复杂 与我… |
[21:11] | a lot to do with me, but also other things. | 与我有很大关系 也有些其它因素 |
[21:13] | I can’t tell you the story of his life, but he’s the good guy. | 我无法告诉你他的事情 但他是个好人 |
[21:17] | – Will you tell people that? – Every chance I get. | -你会告诉大家吗 -随时随地 |
[21:19] | – You’re not going to, right? – No, I’m not. | -你敷衍我呢吧 -嗯 |
[21:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[21:23] | We spiked up 9% overall. | 收视率飙升9% |
[21:24] | On top of the 7% that came after Northwestern. | 不包括西北大学事件后 提升的7% |
[21:26] | You played high school football. | 你在高中玩过橄榄球 |
[21:28] | What do you do when you have a lead late in the game? | 比赛快完了 你比分领先 你会怎么做 |
[21:30] | My high school never had to worry about that. | 我就读的高中不用关心这个 |
[21:31] | – You protect the lead. – Will McAvoy! | -当然是保持优势 -威尔·麦卡沃伊 |
[21:33] | How do you get used to eating lunch at 4:00 in the afternoon? | 你怎会习惯下午四点吃午餐 |
[21:35] | I work from 11:00 to 9:00. | 我11点开工 晚9点下班 |
[21:37] | It’s across all demos, too. | 所有年龄段都有提升呀 |
[21:38] | Will McAvoy’s the place to be for all things BP. | 想了解英石油 就找威尔·麦卡沃伊 |
[21:41] | Hey, I need you to tell me right now | 你得向我保证 |
[21:43] | you’re not using that as a promo slug. | 不拿这句话当宣传语 |
[21:44] | We’re not, but Brad ground-researched | 不会的 但布拉德在西北那事后 |
[21:45] | the hell out of this since Northwestern, | 一直在做基础调查 |
[21:47] | and the feedback we keep getting, especially from 18 to 49s, | 我们不断收到反馈 |
[21:49] | is just studded with green flags. | 18至49年龄段 形势大好 |
[21:51] | And this isn’t Brad selective-coding, man. | 这还是未经布拉德筛选优化的数据 |
[21:53] | We’re talking about an actual, | 这是观众的真实反应 |
[21:54] | bona fide, audience-driven response | 针对你在西北大学的言论 |
[21:55] | to Northwestern and the way you handled the breaking news. | 以及对突发新闻的处理应对 |
[21:57] | I don’t see them capping the well anytime soon. | 我估计短时间内都封不住井 |
[21:59] | – But you’re not leading with it. – Not tonight. | -但你却不拿来开场 -今晚不行 |
[22:01] | – It’ll be down in the D block. – It sunk this morning. | -会挤到第四段去 -今早井下沉了 |
[22:04] | We got film of a massive offshore drilling rig | 我们拿到一段录像 一架大型钻台 |
[22:06] | sinking into the Gulf of Mexico. | 在墨西哥湾沉没 |
[22:08] | We knew that was gonna happen. | 早就料到了 |
[22:09] | People knew the Titanic was gonna sink when they went to the movie. | 人们去看《泰坦尼克号》时 也知道会沉 |
[22:11] | But it was cool to watch, which is why they went to the movie. | 但仍会去看 因为很壮观 |
[22:13] | Partner, something’s going on here and you gotta tell me what it is. | 伙计 到底怎么回事 你得告诉我 |
[22:17] | Look, we’re trying to format a new broadcast | 我们打算改头换面 |
[22:19] | that puts a priority on information voters need, | 着重报道选民真正需要的信息 |
[22:21] | puts the information in context, | 全面分析利弊 |
[22:22] | and then tries to present the best possible versions of competing arguments. | 并尝试提炼出最有力的正反论点 |
[22:25] | Here’s what I just heard… we got a hit show | 听上去像是 有档热门节目 |
[22:27] | that just got bigger, so now we’re trying to fix it. | 突然火了起来 这时你却要改版 |
[22:30] | Listen, there’s no one here but me and you. | 这里没外人 你实话告诉我 |
[22:32] | Is this something you want or something you got talked into? | 这是你的想法 还是有人给你灌输 |
[22:34] | It’s… no, it’s something I want badly. | 是… 是我十分想这么去做 |
[22:36] | – I’ve wanted this since the dawn of time. – More than numbers? | -想做很久了 -比收视率还重要 |
[22:38] | Weren’t you the one that told me that your audience are your only friends? | 你不是说 你只与观众为友吗 |
[22:41] | I said that after a couple of shots of some kind of varnish remover | 那是喝高了随口说的 |
[22:43] | at a particularly low point in my life. | 当时我很低落 |
[22:45] | – That was two weeks ago. – It was a very low point. | -才没过两周 -当时的确是最低点 |
[22:47] | – I think it was lower than three weeks ago. – Will. | -比三周前低多了 -威尔 |
[22:48] | Mackenzie thinks I don’t have to sacrifice one for the other. | 麦肯兹认为二者可以兼得 |
[22:51] | Well, Mackenzie is the expert on predicting audience trends. | 也对 麦肯兹是拿捏观众口味的能手 |
[22:53] | No, wait. She’s not, Brad is. | 不对 她不是 布拉德才是 |
[22:55] | – We’re not setting out to lose viewers… – No one ever does. | -我们没想要失去观众 -谁想了 |
[22:57] | Just better news for the ones we’ve got. | 只想给现有的观众 做出更好的新闻 |
[22:58] | All right, I’ll stop. | 好吧 我闭嘴 |
[23:00] | Listen, I still want your advice every day. | 我依然想每天听听你的建议 |
[23:02] | My advice today: go to the conservative websites. | 今天的建议是 去看看保守派的网站 |
[23:04] | – I do. – You’ll see that they like you. | -我看的 -他们喜欢你 |
[23:05] | They think you’re a RINO, but they like that you don’t | 他们不爽你是伪共和党 |
[23:07] | take cheap shots at Sarah Palin. | 但又赞赏你不拿萨拉·佩林开涮 |
[23:07] | 阿拉斯加州 前任州长 共和党2008年副总统候选人 | |
[23:08] | – Look at the comments section. – Yeah, I know. | -看看评论区 -我知道 |
[23:10] | 指责政府与石油巨头过从甚密 牵制政府本该有的第一反应 | |
[23:10] | Palin made a statement about the spill last night. | 佩林昨晚对漏油事件发表了声明 |
[23:13] | – It was ridiculous. – Yes, it was. | -很可笑 -没错 |
[23:14] | It’ll be a joke on every late-night show. | 绝对会成为每一档晚间秀的笑柄 |
[23:16] | She basically wrote Letterman’s monologue. | 她完全撞到莱特曼的枪口上了 |
[23:17] | – So you want my advice? – Yes. | -想听我的建议吗 -想 |
[23:18] | Be the guy that doesn’t take a shot at her tonight. | 今晚别拿她开涮 |
[23:20] | Well, I won’t be taking a shot at her, | 我不会拿她开涮 |
[23:22] | but that’s because I won’t be using her. | 那是因为我不想利用她 |
[23:23] | I’m saying you should use her, but not to take a shot… | 你应该利用她 但别拿她开涮 |
[23:25] | No, she’s a private citizen. | 不 她是个普通公民 |
[23:26] | She doesn’t have any qualifications in this area, | 在这领域她没有任何资历 |
[23:28] | so it’s hard with the new format to justify… | 所以新版的节目不可以… |
[23:29] | Let me tell you what it looks like when the audience leaves. | 我来描述一下 失去观众的过程 |
[23:31] | I can’t jam in a Palin SOT just to give myself | 我不能为了不拿她开涮 |
[23:33] | the opportunity to not take a shot at her. | 就随便安插个新闻带进去吧 |
[23:35] | If I cross that line, I’m just saying, “Fuck the whole thing.” | 如果超了这底线 我只能骂脏话了 |
[23:37] | It looks like this: first you lose the people who just got here. | 过程是这样 首先你失去新观众 |
[23:39] | Then everyone writes that you lost the people that just got here. | 人们会报道 你失去了新观众 |
[23:41] | That makes people think they’re not at the cool party anymore. | 让老观众觉得自己不够酷了 |
[23:44] | You ever been at Sardi’s on opening night of a Broadway show | 你有没有见过百老汇首演当晚 |
[23:46] | five minutes after word gets out | 当人们得知”纽约时报称之为无聊” |
[23:47] | that the “Times” Panned it? | 五分钟后会发生什么 |
[23:48] | They leave. | 观众都走了 |
[23:49] | And they never come back, ever. | 而且再也没回来 |
[23:52] | And it happens in not much more time | 而整个过程所需的时间 |
[23:54] | than it just took me to describe it. | 长不过我说这段话所用的时间 |
[23:57] | It’s conservatives who watch the news on TV. | 看电视新闻的都是保守派 |
[23:59] | Don’t pass up an opportunity to remind them why they don’t hate you. | 别放过任何机会 给他们留下好印象 |
[24:01] | I really want to give the new format a… | 我真的很想试试新版… |
[24:03] | Also, would you do me a favor and tell Charlie Skinner | 另外 麻烦你告诉查理·斯金纳 |
[24:05] | that you’re the one who asked for these meetings? | 我俩这会议 是你要求开的 |
[24:06] | And do you want me to fix you up with someone | 另外需要我介绍一个女伴 |
[24:08] | who’ll take your mind off a girl from three years ago? | 帮助你忘了困扰三年的女孩吗 |
[24:09] | – No, thank you. – Palin. | -不用 多谢了 -佩林 |
[24:11] | – She’s married. – Not to fix you up with. | -她已婚的 -不是介绍给你 |
[24:13] | I’m saying use the Palin SOT. | 我是说用佩林的新闻带 |
[24:14] | I know. It’s not gonna happen. | 不可能的 |
[24:15] | – Mackenzie would cook me and eat me. – You’re the boss. | -麦肯兹会吃了我的 -你才是老板 |
[24:18] | I’ll keep reminding you | 我会不断提醒你 |
[24:19] | of that because I’m not wild about your ex. | 因为我对你的前任并不感冒 |
[24:22] | Hey, look, her name is Mackenzie or Miss McHale. | 叫她麦肯兹 或是麦克黑尔小姐 |
[24:25] | And she’s reported more real news in one day | 她在一天里所做的真正的新闻 |
[24:27] | than I have in my career. | 比我一辈子做的还多 |
[24:31] | * * * Fuck. | |
[24:48] | – Hi. – Hello. | -嘿 -你好 |
[24:51] | Jan Brewer just bailed on us for tonight. | 简·布鲁尔放了我们的鸽子 |
[24:52] | – What are you talking about? – They canceled. | -你说什么 -他们取消了 |
[24:54] | She’s going on CNN. | 她要上CNN了 |
[24:56] | Who… uh, who’s she sending instead? | 谁 他们找谁替代 |
[24:57] | Maggie, no one from the governor’s office is coming on the show. | 玛姬 州长办公室不会派人来了 |
[25:00] | – What happened with the call? – Oh, God. | -你那通电话出了什么问题 -上帝 |
[25:02] | – What happened? – This can’t be because of the call. | -究竟怎么了 -不可能是那通电话 |
[25:04] | – It happened on the call. – I swear, | -是那通电话惹的祸 -我发誓 |
[25:06] | I kept my personal feelings to myself. | 我控制了自己的情绪 |
[25:07] | I was on the phone with Glenn Fisher | 我和格伦·费希尔的电话 |
[25:10] | and it was really just by the book. | 都是按预先说好的来 |
[25:12] | Okay, so the preinterview was going fine… | 好吧 电话采访很顺利 |
[25:13] | – Yeah. – when all of a sudden…? | -对 -但突然间 |
[25:15] | Things happen, Jim, okay, | 天有不测风云 吉姆 |
[25:17] | that are beyond your super-newsman powers of understanding. | 连你这新闻超人也难预料 |
[25:19] | I wish you had told me | 你真该告诉我 |
[25:20] | that you dated Glenn Fisher in college. | 你在大学里 跟格伦·费希尔谈过恋爱 |
[25:22] | How could you possibly know that? | 你怎么会知道 |
[25:23] | He told me, which is what you should have done. | 他告诉我的 其实应该由你告诉我 |
[25:25] | I know, but I thought you’d take it away from me. | 我知道 但我怕你把任务交给别人 |
[25:27] | – I would have. – And that’s why I didn’t tell you. | -我会的 -所以我才不告诉你 |
[25:28] | You have to tell me. If you’ve had a relationship… | 你得告诉我 如果你和他有关系 |
[25:30] | It wasn’t a relationship! We went out four times. | 没有关系 才约会过四次 |
[25:32] | Maggie. | 玛姬 |
[25:32] | And now he’s the press aide to the governor of a state | 现在他是州政府的新闻助手 |
[25:34] | that gave us Barry Goldwater and a football team | 这个州出了个巴里·戈德华特 |
[25:36] | that couldn’t find the end zone with an OnStar system. | 还有一支开着GPS都找不着球门区的球队 |
[25:38] | – You’re a football fan? – No, I looked it up. | -你是球迷 -不 我查出来的 |
[25:40] | Also, the fourth date didn’t count. | 而且 第四次约会不能算数 |
[25:41] | Is the fourth date relevant to the preinterview? | 第四次约会和电话采访有关吗 |
[25:43] | – It might be. – What happened on the fourth date? | -也许 -当时发生了什么 |
[25:45] | We went back to his dorm room, | 我们回到了他的宿舍 |
[25:48] | we started making out a little. | 开始亲热起来 |
[25:50] | And then there was a crazy banging on the door. | 然后有人一阵乱敲门 |
[25:51] | It was his ex-girlfriend and she was shouting, | 她的前女友在门外大叫 |
[25:53] | “I know you’ve got some slut in there!” | “我知道你在里面藏了贱人” |
[25:55] | – I think she meant me. – Yeah. | -指的是我 -是 |
[25:56] | And Glenn said, “Get under the bed.” | 格伦让我躲到床底下 |
[25:58] | Not the closet? | 不躲衣柜 |
[25:59] | No room in the closet. It’s a dorm. | 没地方放衣柜 宿舍很小 |
[26:00] | So I got under the bed and he let his ex-girlfriend in, | 我爬进了床底 他让前女友进来 |
[26:03] | and the two of them patched things up. | 然后他俩就破镜重圆了 |
[26:05] | – With you under the bed. – Yeah. | -而你还在床底下 -没错 |
[26:06] | When you say they patched things up… | 你说的破镜重圆是指… |
[26:08] | – Yeah. – You’re saying… | -是的 -你指的是… |
[26:10] | Oh, my God. They did it, Jim! Okay? | 神哪 他们滚床单了 行了吧 |
[26:11] | They settled their differences. | 他俩解决了分歧 |
[26:14] | And it didn’t take very long, because as it turns out, | 解决得很快 因为事实上 |
[26:16] | – Glenn doesn’t take very long. – Compared to who? | -格伦不需要很久 -和谁相比 |
[26:17] | Compared to… other people | 和…其他人相比 |
[26:20] | and what I’ve read about in the movies. | 以及电影里的人物 |
[26:22] | – It doesn’t matter. – Five minutes? | -这不重要 -有五分钟吗 |
[26:23] | I didn’t have a stopwatch on him, | 我没给他掐时间 |
[26:25] | but I know it was under two minutes | 但我知道 一定在两分钟之内 |
[26:26] | because I was holding my breath. | 因为我全程一直是屏住呼吸的 |
[26:27] | – Is this important? – I don’t know what’s important yet. | -这很重要吗 -我也不知道重不重要 |
[26:30] | That’s why I’m listening to this story. | 所以我才仔细听你的故事 |
[26:34] | They finished, they left. | 他俩完事以后就走了 |
[26:35] | I waited a minute, and then I left. | 我等了一会儿 然后我也走了 |
[26:37] | Fast forward to the call. | 快进到打电话的部分 |
[26:38] | He says the governor would | 他说州长想提一提 |
[26:39] | also like to talk about Arizona doing well | 奥巴马的”力争上流”教改 |
[26:41] | on Obama’s Race to the Finish initiative. | 在亚利桑那州的实施效果很好 |
[26:43] | And you say to Glenn…? | 然后你对格伦说… |
[26:44] | “How appropriate for you.” | “你真能占便宜” |
[26:45] | – Good one. – Thank you. | -问得好 -谢谢 |
[26:46] | You said you didn’t inject any of your personal opinions– | 你说你没有掺杂任何个人观点 |
[26:48] | About the bill.I didn’t inject any personal opinions about the bill. | 没错 我对于这法案没有表达任何个人观点 |
[26:51] | Okay, first of all, the initiative is called Race to the Top, | 首先 法案的名字是”力争上游” |
[26:51] | 奥巴马政府推出的一项教育改革方案 是对小布什的《不让一个孩子掉队》法案的修正 | |
[26:53] | not Race to the Finish. | 不是”力争上流” |
[26:54] | I know. That’s why I was so sure God was on my side… | 我知道 所以我才以为上帝在帮我 |
[26:57] | because he teed me up so perfectly. | 他这么将就我 |
[26:59] | And second, why didn’t he why didn’t he get her out of the room? | 其次 他为什么不跟女友出去谈 |
[27:02] | It was two in the morning. What was he gonna say? | 当时是凌晨两点 你要他怎么说 |
[27:04] | “Why don’t we go somewhere private and talk”? | “我们去找个地方私下聊聊吧” |
[27:06] | They were in his dorm room. | 当时可是在他的寝室里啊 |
[27:07] | He was stuck.There were no options. | 他被困在那儿了 别无选择 |
[27:08] | You had an option. | 你有选择啊 |
[27:09] | You could have not hidden under the bed. | 你可以选择不躲在床底下 |
[27:11] | I made a quick decision. | 我是匆忙之下做的决定 |
[27:13] | It may have been the wrong one… | 也许我的选择并不对 |
[27:14] | “It may have been” | “也许不对”? |
[27:15] | But once I made it, I had to commit to it. | 可决定了 就必须坚持下去 |
[27:17] | And I will tell you something else. | 而且我告诉你 |
[27:18] | He waited this long to tell us he was bailing on purpose | 他是故意等这么久才告诉我们 |
[27:21] | so we’d get slammed on getting a replacement. | 为了让我们来不及换人 |
[27:23] | – Do you think? – Are you being sarcastic? | -是吗 -你这是反问吗 |
[27:25] | Because, yes, I’m pretty sure he did this on purpose. | 没错 我敢肯定他是故意的 |
[27:29] | We’ve got less than 90 minutes to find someone | 我们现在得在不到90分钟的时间里 |
[27:31] | to defend SB 1070 | 找人来给1070法案辩护 |
[27:33] | and get them to a studio. | 还得准时把他弄进一间演播室 |
[27:34] | But after the show, a bunch of us are going over | 但是节目结束以后呢 我们可以 |
[27:36] | to the Emerald City to see the Wizard… | 一起去翡翠城找Oz巫师 |
[27:38] | – and maybe he can give you some… – My brain is fine. | -说不定他能给你点 -我脑子没病 |
[27:40] | You give me the SATs right now and I’ll take them. | 去给我弄SAT考题来 我现场做给你看 |
[27:41] | Maybe he’ll give you some courage is what I was going to say. | 我只是想说 他可以给你一点勇气 |
[27:45] | Please! | 拜托了 |
[27:47] | Tell me what to do. | 我该怎么办 |
[27:51] | Grab some bookers, whoever’s free, | 找几个统筹 有空的都找来 |
[27:52] | and come into the conference room. | 去会议室集合 |
[27:53] | – This is an emergency now. – We’ll be right there. | -情况紧急 -马上就来 |
[27:55] | Maggie. | 玛姬 |
[27:56] | I don’t know anyone in the world | 我想不出这世上有任何人 |
[28:00] | who would have hidden under the bed. | 会选择躲在床底下 |
[28:05] | Martin, Tamara, Kendra, | 马丁 塔玛拉 肯德拉 |
[28:07] | I need some help. | 过来帮我 |
[28:08] | – What do you need? – No, I can… it’s no big deal. | -怎么了 -没事 小事一桩 |
[28:11] | I just need… | 我只是… |
[28:13] | Kendra, Tamara, Martin! | 肯德拉 塔玛拉 马丁 |
[28:15] | – Everything all right? – I can fix it. | -没事吧 -我能搞定 |
[28:20] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:21] | What?! | 什么 |
[28:29] | – What the hell is going on? – We lost Jan Brewer. | -你们在搞什么鬼 -简·布鲁尔不来了 |
[28:32] | What? God! | 什么 天哪 |
[28:34] | Get someone else from Brewer’s office. | 从布鲁尔办公室找个人来 |
[28:35] | – No, we’ve lost the whole office. – What? | -整个办公室都来不了 -什么 |
[28:37] | No one from Brewer’s office is gonna be coming. | 布鲁尔办公室的人都不会来的 |
[28:39] | What the hell happened? | 到底发生什么了 |
[28:40] | – This is my fault. – Look, I got into a stupid argument | -这都是我的错 -我脑子抽风 |
[28:42] | with a press aide on the phone | 跟她的新闻助手在电话里吵了一架 |
[28:44] | and now he’s giving the governor’s office | 他为了报复我 |
[28:46] | to everybody but us so he can stick it to me. | 州长办公室不会有人来了 |
[28:47] | Are you freaking kidding me? | 你开什么国际玩笑 |
[28:49] | No, wait. Mac… | 不 等等 麦肯… |
[28:50] | No. That is what happened. | 事情就是这样 |
[28:51] | Day side’s been running Jan Brewer promos for the last six hours. | 日间组花了整整六小时来宣传简·布鲁尔 |
[28:54] | Who’s replacing her? | 我们找谁来顶她 |
[28:55] | Well, we’re obviously late to the buffet, | 显然现在时间不够了 |
[28:58] | so we basically had to book people who were close to a satellite dish. | 只能谁离卫星近 就找谁了 |
[29:01] | – Oh, boy. – Dr. Dwayne Sotter. | -老天哪 -德韦恩·索特博士 |
[29:02] | He’s an adjunct professor at the University of Phoenix. | 他是凤凰城大学的兼职教授 |
[29:05] | The University of Phoenix is an online university. | 凤凰城大学是一所网络授课大学 |
[29:07] | It’s not in Arizona. | 不算在亚利桑那州 |
[29:08] | – But you can understand our mistake, right? – No. | -但你能理解我们的错误对吧 -不能 |
[29:10] | He’s written several books on immigration policy. | 他写过好几本关于移民政策方面的著作 |
[29:12] | – Have I heard of any of them? – They were self-published. | -我听过这些书吗 -都是个人出版物 |
[29:14] | “This Land is My Land,” “Ambushed,” | 《这是我的土地》 《遭遇埋伏》 |
[29:17] | and “Don’t Make Me Press One for English in My Own Country.” | 《别让我在自己的国家里按1选择英语》 |
[29:21] | – That is quite a sacrifice. – Tamara. | -等级差太多了 -塔玛拉 |
[29:22] | We’ve got a former Miss Oklahoma | 我们联系到了一位前俄克拉荷马小姐 |
[29:24] | who was second runner-up in the Miss USA Pageant this year. | 她是今年美国小姐比赛的季军 |
[29:26] | She claims she was denied first runner-up | 她声称 她没有拿到亚军就是因为 |
[29:27] | because of an answer she gave regarding illegal immigration. | 她在比赛中对非法移民问题的回答 |
[29:29] | – Ah, the real victim. – Martin. | -真正的受害者呀 -马丁 |
[29:31] | Right, the third is Ross Fernholm, | 第三位是罗斯·费恩赫姆 |
[29:33] | a former state patrolman who was part… | 他曾经是一位巡警 还参与了… |
[29:34] | Don’t say it. | 别说了 |
[29:35] | of a border control group called the “Citizens Militia.” | 名为”公民自卫队” 的边境管理组织 |
[29:36] | Is this or isn’t this the exact opposite | 这些人跟我当初给你们提的要求 |
[29:39] | of who I asked you to book? | 是不是截然相反 |
[29:40] | God damn it, Jim! What the hell were you… | 该死 吉姆 你到底在搞什么 |
[29:42] | – This is all… – All gonna be fine. | -这都是… -都能解决 |
[29:44] | Jim is taking the fall… | 吉姆是在为… |
[29:45] | For exactly what I’m supposed to take the fall for. | 为自己的错误承担责任 |
[29:47] | I don’t know what the hell dance you two are doing. | 我不知道你们两个到底是唱的什么戏 |
[29:48] | Don’t book these guys. Scrap the segment. | 别请这些家伙来 把这段剪了吧 |
[29:51] | They’ll say we didn’t have anyone defending it. | 那就没有支持方了 |
[29:57] | Let’s prep them the best we can and | 让这些人准备尽量好些 |
[29:58] | have Will carry them, okay? | 我让威尔来引导他们 |
[30:00] | He’ll just carry them. | 他会引导他们的 |
[30:02] | I’ll go and tell him. | 我去跟他说 |
[30:04] | – I should be the one to tell him. – Maggie… | -应该由我去说 -玛姬 |
[30:06] | – He’s gonna fire somebody. – God knows he should. | -他一定会炒人 -他该炒 |
[30:07] | – He will. – He won’t. | -他会的 -他不会 |
[30:11] | He won’t. | 他不会的 |
[30:15] | Guys, he won’t. | 伙计们 他真的不会 |
[30:17] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[30:19] | Dome of silence. I have to… | 给我安静 我得… |
[30:23] | Are people here under the impression that Will is an ass? | 你们是不是都认为威尔是个混蛋 |
[30:32] | Okay, you’re wrong. You know? | 你们错了 你们知道吗 |
[30:34] | You’re just wrong and it’s an injustice. | 你们都错了 真是不公 |
[30:36] | He’s… he’d throw himself in front of a train for anyone in this… | 他愿意为了你们任何人赴汤蹈火 |
[30:42] | – Is Will in his office? – He’s at that thing uptown. | -威尔在吗 -他在上城区办事 |
[30:44] | I’m sending him an e-mail because I… I can’t | 我这就给他发邮件 我真的 |
[30:48] | live with this stupid promise I made. | 我没办法再信守这个愚蠢的承诺了 |
[30:51] | And, you know, completely wrong information. | 你们对他的印象完全是误导 |
[30:56] | I’m nipping this thing in the bud right now. | 我要扼杀掉这个谣言 |
[30:59] | And “Send.” | 发送 |
[31:01] | Will is the best man I’ve ever… | 威尔是我遇到过最好… |
[31:13] | – What just happened? – I got a staff e-mail from you. | -发生了什么 -你发了封邮件给我 |
[31:15] | Me, too. | 我也收到了 |
[31:16] | I sent the e-mail to Sloan, I mean Will. | 我是发给斯隆 不对 威尔 |
[31:18] | Ah. Oh, my God, I sent it to Sloan. | 天哪 我发到斯隆那儿去了 |
[31:20] | I think the S in “Sloan” Became “Staff.” | 我想S是代表全体员工 |
[31:22] | You used the asterisk. | 你还用了星号 |
[31:27] | No. | 不 |
[31:29] | No, no, no. No, no, no, no, no, no, no! | 惨了惨了 神啊 不要啊啊啊啊啊啊 |
[31:34] | Everybody listen! Listen to me right now. | 大家都听好了 听我说 |
[31:40] | Oh, man. | 天呐 |
[31:46] | That was unusual. | 真难得 |
[31:48] | I want everyone to delete the e-mail you just received. | 每个人都把刚收到的邮件删掉 |
[31:50] | Delete it right now without reading it. Honor system. | 不要看邮件 马上删掉 请大家自觉点 |
[31:53] | And then I need someone to sneak into Will’s office | 然后找个人 溜进威尔的办公室 |
[31:56] | and delete the e-mail from his inbox. | 从他收件箱里删掉这封邮件 |
[31:58] | If it’s password-protected, | 要是有密码保护 |
[32:00] | I need you to take a baseball bat and smash… | 就找根球棒 砸了… |
[32:10] | – You told me he was uptown. – I guess he came back. | -你说他去上城区了 -那就是回来了 |
[32:15] | – We stood in my office… – Will. | -今早在我办公室 -威尔 |
[32:18] | this morning, and I said under no circumstances | 我说了 不论在任何情形下 |
[32:21] | do I want anyone here to know what happened. | 我都不想有人知道这事 |
[32:24] | And you said yes, and yes again. | 你说好 还说了两遍 |
[32:27] | And it… it really… | 你当时 |
[32:30] | it really seemed like you understood. | 真的像是明白了我的意思 |
[32:33] | – And then you sent an e-mail… – It was a complete… | -然后你居然发了封邮件 -这完全是 |
[32:36] | explaining in some detail what happened. | 把这件事细说了出来 |
[32:39] | Please, please let me… | 拜托 让我 |
[32:40] | And then you copied 47 reporters on it. | 然后还抄送给了47名记者 |
[32:43] | Can we go into your office? | 我们进你办公室说好吗 |
[32:45] | You know how sometimes something happens in an instant | 你知道有时候事情发生地太快 |
[32:47] | that’s so astonishing you just shut down? | 让人震惊到直接懵了 |
[32:50] | Of course, that’s | 当然 可… |
[32:51] | – underst… – That doesn’t fucking happen to me! | -可以理… -我这人他妈的不会懵 |
[32:56] | – We need some privacy. – Really?! | -咱们私下说吧 -真的吗 |
[32:59] | We’re going to go into Will’s office, | 我们这就进办公室 |
[33:00] | but I want everyone to delete the e-mail. | 我希望每个人都把邮件删掉 |
[33:03] | Mac, I think I just accidentally forwarded it to corporate. | 麦肯 我好像不小心转发到总公司群邮了 |
[33:08] | – Why is this happening? – I was sending an e-mail to you, | -为什么会这样 -我是想发给你的 |
[33:10] | but accidently sent it to Sloan Sabbith, | 但是无意中发给斯隆·莎碧斯 |
[33:11] | but I either did or didn’t type the asterisk | 我忘记是不是输了个星号 |
[33:13] | and it went to staff instead of Sloan. | 然后就发给员工而非斯隆了 |
[33:14] | Why were you sending it at all? | 那你干嘛发这封邮件 |
[33:16] | Because… and here’s where I think I’m on firmer ground– | 因为 我的本意是好的 |
[33:19] | she thought that you cheated on me | 她以为你背叛了我 |
[33:21] | and that you were an ass, which is not true. | 觉得你是个混蛋 但事实不是这样 |
[33:24] | I’m changing minds, Will. | 我想改变他们对你的看法 |
[33:26] | I’m changing minds all over the place. | 我想改变他们对你的印象 |
[33:27] | – Get in there! – Sure. | -给我进去 -好的 |
[33:32] | She thought you cheated on | 她以为你背叛了我 |
[33:33] | me and she told me other people thought so, too. | 还说其他人都是这么认为的 |
[33:35] | I couldn’t take that, | 我接受不了 |
[33:36] | but I do take 100% of the responsibility for what just happened. | 但对邮件的事 我愿负全责 |
[33:39] | Who else would be responsible? | 你不负全责还有谁 |
[33:41] | Arizona prison stats. | 亚利桑那监狱数据 |
[33:42] | – Thank you. – No one. I’m sorry. | -谢谢 -只有我 很抱歉 |
[33:44] | – Don’t mention it. – That’s… | -别再提了 -那是 |
[33:47] | I’m really impressed that you’re forgiving me so fast. | 你这么快就原谅我 真让我感动 |
[33:49] | – I would have… – No, what you heard was, “Don’t mention it. | -要是我 -不 你理解的是”别提了” |
[33:52] | It’s no problem. Don’t worry about it.” | “没关系 不用担心” |
[33:53] | What I said was, “Don’t mention it ever.” | 而我说的是”永远别再提这事了” |
[33:55] | – Will… – Ever, Mac! | -威尔 -永远 |
[33:57] | – Hospital costs and health care. – How current? | -医疗保健花费 -多新的 |
[33:59] | – Fiscal 2009. – Thank you. | -09年财政数据 -多谢 |
[34:00] | I understand. | 我懂 |
[34:02] | One more thing. | 还有件事 |
[34:04] | We lost Jan Brewer and had to replace her | 简·布鲁尔不来了 代替她上的是 |
[34:06] | with a crazy professor at a website, | 一个网校的疯教授 |
[34:08] | a member of the Citizens Militia, | 公民自卫队的一位成员 |
[34:10] | and a former second runner-up in the Miss USA Pageant. | 美国小姐选美比赛前季军 |
[34:12] | It’s going to be fine. You’ll carry them. | 会没事的 你引导他们说就是了 |
[34:14] | They’ll barely have to speak. | 他们都不用说什么话 |
[34:18] | Now you’ve shut down, right? | 现在是不是懵了 |
[34:21] | Who fucked up? | 谁搞砸的 |
[34:23] | – Now, you know I’m not going to tell you that. – Okay. | -你知道我不会告诉你的 -算了 |
[34:29] | – 98%. – What? | -98% -什么 |
[34:30] | I take 98% of the responsibility, not 100%. | 我愿意负98%的责任 不是全责 |
[34:34] | Is that right? | 是吗 |
[34:36] | Listen… | 听我说 |
[34:39] | you were in love from the day you met me, | 从你见到我那天起你就爱我 |
[34:41] | and for two years you were the man of any woman’s dreams, you know? | 那两年里 你是每个女人的梦中情人 |
[34:44] | You’d have these ways of doing things. | 你做事总是那么贴心 |
[34:51] | It doesn’t matter. | 说这都没用了 |
[34:53] | I didn’t know that I was in love with you, too, until… | 我不知道我也爱着你 直到 |
[34:56] | You cheated on me with your ex-boyfriend. | 你背叛我 和前男友好上了 |
[34:58] | That’s right! That’s what happened. | 对 就是这样 |
[35:00] | I didn’t know how I felt about you until I was with him again. | 直到和他复合了 我才明白对你的感情 |
[35:03] | So technically, I wasn’t cheating on the man I loved, | 严格来说 我不是背叛了我爱的男人 |
[35:05] | I was falling in love with the man I loved. | 我是爱上了我爱的男人 |
[35:08] | – While cheating on him with your ex-boyfriend. – Yes! | -在你背着他和前男友勾搭的时候 -对 |
[35:11] | But you’re missing that technically it wasn’t cheating, though. | 可别忘了严格意义上 这不算背叛 |
[35:13] | The more important thing is that I fell in love with you. | 更重要的是我爱上了你 |
[35:15] | At the end of a romantic comedy | 要是爱情喜剧的结尾 |
[35:17] | that would make everything okay! | 这叫做”成为了一段佳话” |
[35:18] | There’s something I’ve always been dying to ask you. | 我一直很想问你 |
[35:20] | – Ask anything. – Why did you tell me? | -问吧 -为什么你要告诉我 |
[35:24] | Because I wouldn’t have been able to live with it. | 因为我承受不了这秘密 |
[35:26] | Now I have to live with it. | 可我却得承受 |
[35:28] | – Would you rather I’d have been dishonest? – Yes! | -你宁愿我瞒着你吗 -当然 |
[35:34] | Yes, I’d very much rather | 我宁愿你 |
[35:38] | you hadn’t told me. | 没告诉我 |
[35:45] | Still, 98%. | 我还是坚持98%的责任 |
[35:48] | I’m sorry, we have to do the final rundown. | 打扰一下 临播台本会要开始了 |
[35:50] | We’re coming. | 马上就来 |
[35:53] | The first runner-up wasn’t available? | 选美亚军来不了吗 |
[36:00] | 60 seconds to VTR. | 录影倒数60秒 |
[36:02] | Are we getting the opening in HD or SD? | 片头用高清还是标清 |
[36:04] | Where’s it coming to me? Which router? | 从哪发给我 哪个路由 |
[36:06] | Roll it in from the room. | 开始播片头 |
[36:08] | Tess. | 特丝 |
[36:10] | There’s an SOT I want in the D block… | 第四段有份新闻带 |
[36:11] | Sarah Palin’s comment on the White House not returning calls from the Dutch, | 萨拉·佩林指责白宫不回复荷兰 |
[36:15] | except she calls Holland Norway. | 她把荷兰说成挪威了 |
[36:16] | Find it, give it to Jake. | 找到带子 交给杰克 |
[36:18] | – Don’t run it past Mac. – Yes, sir. | -不要通过麦肯 -好的 |
[36:22] | Did we go to Afghanistan because you cheated on Will? | 我们去阿富汗吃苦 就因为你背叛了威尔吗 |
[36:24] | Can I get a little privacy? | 尊重隐私 懂吗 |
[36:25] | Not until you learn how to send an e-mail. | 你先学会发邮件再说吧 |
[36:26] | – You got invaluable experience. – I got shot in the ass. | -你学到了宝贵经验 -我屁股中枪 |
[36:29] | Well, be grateful you weren’t facing the other direction. | 你该庆幸不是前面中枪 |
[36:31] | 30 seconds out. | 还有30秒 |
[36:35] | I’ve been cheated on. | 我也遭背叛过 |
[36:38] | One time literally right on top of me. | 其中一次 俩人还都在我上位 |
[36:40] | This happened because of me. No one should get fired. | 这都是我的错 别人不该因此被炒 |
[36:44] | I can resign, and it’s fine | 我可以辞职 没关系的 |
[36:46] | because Don wants me at 10:00. | 唐叫我去做10点新闻 |
[36:49] | I hope you don’t do that. | 我希望你不要去 |
[36:51] | I hope you stay here. | 希望你留下来 |
[36:54] | Good show. | 好运 |
[36:56] | Can you move his BlackBerry off the desk? | 能让他把手机移走吗 |
[36:58] | – I can see it in the shot. – Will. | -摄影机能拍到 -威尔 |
[37:00] | Can you move your BlackBerry off the desk? | 能把手机移走吗 |
[37:05] | That wouldn’t have happened if he’d had one of those rubber protectors. | 要是有橡胶套保护 就不会坏了 |
[37:08] | – Does 3 have to change lenses? – No, we’re good. | -3号需要换镜头吗 -不用 |
[37:10] | In four, three, two. Roll VTR. | 四 三 二 开始录影 |
[37:25] | Good evening. I’m Will Mcavoy. | 晚上好 我是威尔·麦卡沃伊 |
[37:26] | Deepwater Horizon continues to spill oil | “深水地平线”已经沉入墨西哥湾 |
[37:28] | even as it sinks into the Gulf, | 漏油情形仍在持续 |
[37:30] | a Republican candidate for Senate in Nevada advocates | 一位内华达州参议员共和党候选人提倡 |
[37:32] | poor people paying doctors with chickens, | 穷人用鸡来支付医疗费 |
[37:34] | and Greece activates a $45 billion aid package. | 希腊寻求450亿美元的援助计划 |
[37:37] | But we begin tonight in Arizona | 但今晚 我们首先讨论的是 |
[37:40] | where Governor Jan Brewer today signed into law SB 1070, | 亚利桑那州长简·布鲁尔今日签署1070号法案 |
[37:43] | which allows police to ask for documentation | 该法案允许警察要求 |
[37:45] | from anyone suspected of being in the country illegally. | 有非法移民嫌疑者提供证明文件 |
[37:48] | Our coverage begins with Rachel Sachs at the state house in Phoenix. Rachel? | 视线转向凤凰城的州众议院 连线蕾切尔·萨克斯 |
[37:52] | I have no idea if the president even knows | 不知道总统是否知道 |
[37:54] | that an entire Exxon Valdez | 每四天就有一艘埃克森·瓦尔迪兹号 |
[37:56] | is spilling into the Gulf every four days. | 泄露到墨西哥湾 |
[37:57] | Are you really not sure? | 你真的不知道吗 |
[37:59] | Because that would make you dumber than previous estimates. | 那你又刷新了脑残的下限 |
[38:00] | Would the two of you shut up? | 你们俩都闭嘴 |
[38:01] | – Sorry. – I miss my BlackBerry. | -对不起 -我想念我的黑莓 |
[38:03] | Joining us tonight from Washington is Daniel Mendoza, | 今晚嘉宾是来自华盛顿的丹尼尔·门多萨 |
[38:06] | Deputy Director of the National Council of La Raza, | 拉美裔全国委员会的副会长 |
[38:08] | the largest Hispanic civil rights organization in the US. | 此委员会为全美最大拉美裔民权组织 |
[38:12] | Good evening, Mr. Mendoza. | 晚上好 门多萨先生 |
[38:13] | Thanks for inviting me here to speak to you, Will. | 感谢你邀请我来 威尔 |
[38:15] | Let’s jump right in. Estimates are that | 开门见山 数字显示 |
[38:17] | illegal immigrants cost Arizonans $2.7 billion a year. | 非法移民每年消耗亚利桑那州27亿美元 |
[38:21] | – Is that a problem worth fixing? – Of course it is. | -这个问题需要解决吗 -当然 |
[38:23] | But if it’s an economic issue, | 但是从经济方面考虑 |
[38:25] | you need to consider that deporting 12 million undocumented workers | 将1200万无证劳工驱逐出境 |
[38:28] | will drain 2.5 trillion over the next 10 years from our GDP. | 将令未来十年的国内生产总值缩减2.5万亿 |
[38:32] | Arizona residents overwhelmingly favor spending that money. | 亚利桑那居民强烈支持此项开支 |
[38:36] | Back in two minutes. | 两分钟后回来 |
[38:37] | – We don’t have 1705. – Joey. | -没找到1705号带 -乔伊 |
[38:46] | 30 seconds out. | 30秒 |
[38:48] | – We know this next segment’s going to be a problem. – Really? | -下一段将会很棘手 -真的吗 |
[38:51] | Why do you automatically assume that a hospitality management major | 你怎么就认定 学酒店管理的人 |
[38:54] | won’t be able to speak with sophistication about constitutional law? | 不能深层探讨宪法问题呢 |
[38:59] | Make sure everybody knows this is what blowing it looks like. | 务必让每个人都明白 搞砸了是什么样 |
[39:01] | They know. | 他们都明白 |
[39:06] | 20 out. | 20秒 |
[39:08] | It’s gonna be fine. | 不会有问题的 |
[39:10] | The PhD is cool with illegal immigrants | 那个博士并不反对非法移民 |
[39:12] | as long as they’re checked for diseases like smallpox and gayness. | 只要他们接受过天花和同性恋病检疫 |
[39:16] | I’m not sure I gave Will the best form of the argument. | 不知道他能不能最好地表述论点 |
[39:19] | – Didn’t we cure small… – Yes. | -天花不是已经… -对 |
[39:21] | 15 back. | 15秒 |
[39:22] | Does the militia guy really want his gun in the shot? | 自卫队那家伙非得带着枪不可吗 |
[39:24] | I asked him that and he said, | 我问过了 他说 |
[39:25] | “This isn’t a gun, it’s a rifle. | 这不是枪 是来福枪 |
[39:27] | And this rifle has a name, and her name is Jenny.” | 还有个名字 叫詹妮 |
[39:29] | If you keep covering for people, I don’t know who can do what. | 你老是护着他们 他们长不大 |
[39:32] | – I wasn’t covering. – You’ve got a crush on this girl. | -我没有护着谁 -你喜欢这女孩 |
[39:34] | You told me to. And, no, I don’t. | 是你让我喜欢的 我也没有喜欢她 |
[39:35] | In three, two. Cue Will. | 三 二 威尔开始 |
[39:38] | Welcome back. | 欢迎回来 |
[39:39] | We’re discussing Arizona’s immigration bill SB 1070, | 我们正讨论亚利桑那1070号法案 |
[39:42] | the Support Our Law Enforcement and Safe Neighborhoods Act, | 《支持执法工作和安全社区法》 |
[39:44] | which was signed into law today by Governor Jan Brewer. | 州长简·布鲁尔今日在法案上签字 |
[39:47] | Joining me now by satellite | 现在与我卫星连线的是 |
[39:48] | are three strong supporters of the new law: | 新法案的三位强力拥护者 |
[39:51] | Dr. Dwayne Sotter, an academic | 德韦恩·索特博士 |
[39:52] | who’s written extensively about immigration policy; | 他对移民政策有广泛的研究 |
[39:55] | Ross Fernholm, a former Arizona State Patrolman | 罗斯·费恩赫姆 前亚利桑那州巡警 |
[39:57] | who now runs the all-volunteer | 正于尤马进行 |
[39:58] | Independence Border Guards in Yuma; | 自愿的边境守卫工作 |
[40:00] | and Gwen Lalley, a junior at the University of New Mexico | 以及格温·拉里 新墨西哥大学大三学生 |
[40:03] | and the second runner-up in last night’s Miss USA Pageant, | 她在昨晚的美国小姐大赛中获得季军 |
[40:06] | who was asked about this very issue onstage | 她在比赛中被问及此法案 |
[40:08] | and who believes her answer was what kept her from winning. | 并且她认为是她的答案导致落选 |
[40:10] | Thank you all for being here. | 欢迎你们的到来 |
[40:11] | – Thank you. – Thank you. | -谢谢 -谢谢 |
[40:13] | Will, I wanna be very clear… | 威尔 我想澄清一下 |
[40:14] | my answer didn’t keep me from winning, | 我的回答没让我落选 |
[40:15] | it kept me from being first runner-up. | 只是没让我赢得亚军 |
[40:17] | – And we’re off. – Okay. Ahem. | -偏题了 -好的 |
[40:19] | Dr. Sotter, this is your field of expertise, | 索特博士 这方面你是专家 |
[40:21] | so let’s kick it off with you. | 所以请你先来谈谈 |
[40:23] | What do you say to those who argue that SB 1070 | 有人认为1070号法案 |
[40:25] | is just targeting Americans | 是基于肤色和民族区分美国人 |
[40:27] | on the basis of skin color and nationality alone? | 你有什么看法 |
[40:29] | Absolutely, Will. | 当然了 威尔 |
[40:31] | What would you say to them? | 你会如何回应 |
[40:32] | I’d say absolutely. | 我会说 当然了 |
[40:34] | The bill does not target religion or Muslims | 新法案并没有针对宗教或穆斯林 |
[40:36] | or homosexuality, just illegal Mexicans. | 亦或同性恋 仅针对非法墨西哥移民 |
[40:39] | Well, yes, but you would also say, right, | 是的 但你会说 |
[40:42] | that the state legislature has taken great pains | 为确保这不会成为一项种族定性法案 |
[40:44] | to ensure that it isn’t a racial profiling law, | 州立法机关煞费苦心 |
[40:47] | even going so far as to amend it to include the following language. | 甚至对法案进行了修订 加入如下条款 |
[40:50] | – Go 24. – “Prosecutors would not investigate complaints | -进24号带 -检察官不会 |
[40:53] | based on race, color, or national origin.” | 基于种族 肤色 或原国籍进行审查诉讼 |
[40:56] | That’s right, just Mexicans. | 是的 只针对墨西哥人 |
[40:58] | – Dr. Sotter… – Forgive me, Will. | -索特博士 -对不起 威尔 |
[41:00] | Latinos and Latinas. | 我是指拉美裔人 |
[41:01] | And the argument that we don’t want to be a country | 你还会说 我们不想让国家 |
[41:04] | that pulls people over and | 仅仅根据人的长相 |
[41:05] | asks for their papers based on how they look? | 就拦住他们并要求出示身份证件 |
[41:07] | Yeah, I don’t like it any more than you do, | 是的 我也不想这样 |
[41:09] | but that wouldn’t be the case | 但如果不是拉美裔人 |
[41:10] | if it weren’t for the Latinos and Latinas, | 也不会面临 |
[41:13] | el “Criminelos,” Los “Ilegatos.” | 刑法指控 |
[41:17] | That’s not Spanish. | 这不是西班牙语 |
[41:18] | Ahem, Gwen, let’s go to you. | 格温 现在换你 |
[41:20] | You were asked last night about the immigration law | 你在昨晚被问及移民法 |
[41:22] | and you said it was an issue of states’ rights. | 你说这是州政府的权力 |
[41:24] | And for that I paid a price. | 为这句话我付出了代价 |
[41:25] | That notwithstanding, you raised an interesting issue. | 尽管如此 你引出了一个有趣的观点 |
[41:29] | This law will surely be challenged in the courts on constitutional grounds. | 这项法案自然会在宪法层面受到质疑 |
[41:33] | After all, states aren’t allowed to create their own foreign policy, | 毕竟 州政府不被允许建立自己的外交政策 |
[41:36] | but it sounds like you’ve got the right answer to that. | 我相信 你知道如何回答 |
[41:38] | – Which is…? – I’m a survivor and I don’t know the word “Quit.” | -回答是 -我是斗士 永不言退 |
[41:41] | – Probably other words, too. – Shut it. | -你不言的多了 -闭嘴 |
[41:43] | Ahem, states aren’t allowed to create their own foreign policy, but…? | 州政府不被允许建立自己的外交政策 但是? |
[41:50] | But this isn’t about foreign policy, | 但问题不在于外交政策 |
[41:52] | it’s about law enforcement. | 而是在于执法 |
[41:56] | Decades of federal inaction have led to a dangerous | 联邦政府几十年的不作为让亚利桑那边境 |
[41:59] | and unstable situation on Arizona’s border. | 陷入了危险和不稳定的局面 |
[42:01] | And if the federal government can’t, | 如果联邦政府不能 |
[42:03] | or won’t, act to uphold the law, | 或不会行动起来去维护法律 |
[42:05] | then it’s up to the states | 那州政府就该有所作为 |
[42:06] | to exercise their power and fill that void. | 施展他们的权利去填补法律的空白 |
[42:08] | I’m an Ameri-can, Will, not an Ameri-can’t. | 我是美国能人 威尔 不是不能人 |
[42:10] | – Let’s dump out of it. – Ross. | -赶紧收尾吧 -罗斯 |
[42:12] | – Yes. – No, the whole thing, dump out of it. | -是的 -是整段采访收尾 |
[42:13] | I’m gonna go ahead and assume | 据我看来 |
[42:15] | that you’re a supporter of Second Amendment rights, | 你应该是第二修正案的支持者 |
[42:18] | – judging by the rifle you’ve placed in your live shot. – Yes, sir. | -从你身边的来福枪能看得出来 -是的 |
[42:20] | A frequent argument you hear from gun rights advocates | 枪权支持者经常会说 |
[42:23] | is that we don’t need any more new laws; | 我们不需要新的法案 |
[42:25] | what we need is a government to enforce the laws we already have. | 只需要政府贯彻现有法律 |
[42:29] | Couldn’t the same be said about immigration policy? | 这观点也适用于移民法案吗 |
[42:31] | Yes, sir. | 是的 |
[42:33] | I’m saying you’re a supporter of the new law, right? | 你是新法案的支持者 对吧 |
[42:36] | – Yes, sir. – I can’t take my eyes off of it. | -是的 -好精彩啊 |
[42:38] | Because? | 因为 |
[42:42] | Because laws that are unwieldy and unenforceable | 因为臃肿又不具强制执行力的法律 |
[42:45] | aren’t laws at all. | 根本不能称之为法律 |
[42:45] | – I don’t follow. – Dump out of it. | -我不明白 -快收尾 |
[42:47] | – And, Mr. McAdoo… – McAvoy. | -麦克杜先生 -是麦克沃伊 |
[42:49] | – I beg your pardon? – Doesn’t matter. | -你说什么 -算了没事 |
[42:50] | Why don’t we just build a damn wall? | 为什么我们不能就建一堵墙 |
[42:52] | The Chinese built one and you can see it from space. | 中国人就建了墙 从太空中都能看见 |
[42:54] | – Are the Chinese better than us? – No. | -中国人比我们强吗 -当然不是 |
[42:56] | Although there’s an old saying… show me a 15-foot wall | 俗话说得好 你建堵15英尺高的城墙 |
[42:59] | and I’ll show you a 16-foot ladder. | 我就能弄个16英尺高的梯子翻进来 |
[43:00] | Then let’s just build a 17-foot wall. | 那就建堵17英尺高的墙 |
[43:02] | – Hell, build it 18 feet. – Yes. Yep. | -干脆建18英尺得了 -说得对 |
[43:05] | But you see their point, right? | 意思你也明白 对吧 |
[43:07] | Whose point? | 谁的意思 |
[43:07] | The people who build ladders. | 造梯子的人 |
[43:09] | – How about we get… – I’m sorry, okay? | -不如我们… -对不起 好吗 |
[43:11] | I’m sorry. Just dump out of it. | 对不起 快收尾结束 |
[43:13] | Will, can I jump in? | 威尔 我能插个话吗 |
[43:14] | – She cannot jump in. – Jump on in, Gwen. | -不能让她插话 -说吧 格温 |
[43:16] | I think we’re creating an environment… | 我觉得现在的这个环境 |
[43:18] | where pageant contestants are afraid to speak their minds | 使得选美参赛者在重大问题上 |
[43:20] | when it comes to important questions and whatnot, | 不敢表露自己的真实想法 |
[43:23] | and that’s not the America I grew up in. | 这不是生我养我的美国 |
[43:25] | You’re 20 years old. It is the America you grew up in. | 你才20岁 这就是生你养你的国家 |
[43:27] | Not in Oklahoma. | 俄克拉荷马州不是 |
[43:28] | Especially in Oklahoma. | 尤其是俄克拉荷马 |
[43:29] | But we’re gonna have to leave it there. | 今天就只能谈到这里 |
[43:30] | When we come back, Deepwater Horizon | 下节提要 英石油”深水地平线” |
[43:32] | sinks to the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico. | 沉入墨西哥湾底部 |
[43:36] | I envy it. | 让我也沉了吧 |
[43:38] | …with the White House now getting offers of assistance | 目前白宫正寻求海外援助 |
[43:40] | from other countries to help plug the gushing well. | 以尽快封住油井 |
[43:43] | What’s this new SOT? What’s 907? | 这新闻带是哪来的 907号是什么 |
[43:45] | – Will gave it to me last minute. – What is it? | -威尔最后一刻才给我的 -什么内容 |
[43:47] | It’s Sarah Palin on the spill. | 萨拉·佩林评论石油泄漏 |
[43:49] | Former Alaskan governor | 前阿拉斯加州州长 |
[43:50] | and vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin | 副总统候选人萨拉·佩林 |
[43:51] | weighed in earlier today on Fox News. | 早前在福克斯有线新闻台发表评论 |
[43:53] | Go 907. | 进907号带 |
[43:54] | Well, then, what the federal government should have done | 联邦政府早就应该接受 |
[43:57] | was accept the assistance of foreign countries, | 外国的援助 |
[44:00] | of entrepreneurial Americans who have had solutions | 以及一些有能力的 |
[44:03] | – that they wanted presented. – Who? | -美国企业家的援助 -哪些人 |
[44:04] | They can’t even get a phone call returned, Bill. | 他们甚至都得不到一个电话回复 |
[44:07] | The Dutch. They are known… | 荷兰人 |
[44:09] | in the Norwegian… they are known for dikes | 他们在挪威以开沟排水 |
[44:12] | and for cleaning up water and for dealing with spills. | 和清理石油泄漏著称 |
[44:15] | They offered to help, and yet, no, they, too, | 他们愿意提供援助 |
[44:17] | with the proverbial can’t even get a phone call back. | 连个电话回复都得不到 |
[44:19] | Okay, what she was saying was that… | 好吧 她刚才的意思是… |
[44:23] | All yours. | 看你怎么说 |
[44:24] | yes, okay, the Dutch live in Holland | 好吧 荷兰人是住在荷兰的 |
[44:26] | and Norwegians live in Norway. | 挪威人是住在挪威的 |
[44:28] | That’s a mistake that… people make that. | 这种错误… 人们常犯这样的错 |
[44:30] | And I think Governor Palin was referring | 我想佩林州长引用了 |
[44:32] | to an old fairy tale about a boy… | 一个古老神话 讲得是一个男孩 |
[44:34] | she was saying that people | 她的意思是人们愿意 |
[44:35] | were offering to help, and that’s great, | 提供援助 这是好事 |
[44:37] | and phone calls will be returned. | 而且他们终将会得到回复的 |
[44:48] | William Duncan McAvoy. | 威廉·邓肯·麦卡沃伊 |
[44:50] | I think your parents wanted to make it | 你父母想要所有人都知道 |
[44:52] | plainly understood that you are Anglo-Saxon. | 你是盎格鲁撒克逊人 |
[44:54] | I came up to personally apologize for tonight’s show. | 我特地过来就今晚的节目向你致歉 |
[44:57] | The show kind of got away from you a little. | 今晚你的节目确实有失水准 |
[44:59] | It bordered on unprofessional. | 的确有点不专业 |
[45:00] | Here’s unprofessional, | 这是不专业 |
[45:02] | here’s the border, and here’s professional, | 右边是有点不专业 再右边是专业 |
[45:03] | and all the way back here is tonight’s show. | 一路往左 是今晚的水准 |
[45:05] | – It was my fault. – Yeah. | -都是我的错 -当然 |
[45:08] | Did you know I got an e-mail | 你知道吗 |
[45:09] | from Mackenzie today saying… | 我今天收到一封麦肯兹发来的邮件… |
[45:11] | God. Yeah. I forgot you were gonna see that. | 老天 我忘了你也看到了 |
[45:14] | Know how many people work at this company? | 你知道这家公司有多少员工吗 |
[45:15] | Well, in the cable news division, I guess about 350. | 有线台新闻部 大概350人吧 |
[45:18] | 178,000. | 17万8千人 |
[45:20] | Guys who sell jet engines got that e-mail. | 卖飞机发动机的人都收到那封邮件了 |
[45:24] | By the way, they also own a tabloid magazine. | 对了 他们旗下还经营八卦杂志 |
[45:36] | I’m inured to it. It happened. | 我习惯了 毕竟都发生了 |
[45:38] | How’s gossip gonna be worse? | 八卦还能比事实更糟吗 |
[45:39] | It’s been three years. | 都已经过去三年了 |
[45:41] | Time hasn’t helped? | 时光还没能治愈吗 |
[45:44] | No. | 没 |
[45:45] | I wish you had told me. | 我真希望你早点告诉我 |
[45:47] | What would you have said? | 你知道了又能怎样 |
[45:48] | I’d have made you feel better. | 我能让你好过一点 |
[45:49] | How? | 怎么做 |
[45:50] | I don’t know. I do it all the time. | 不知道 我一向有这本事 |
[45:55] | Get it together down there, fast. | 赶紧振作起来吧 |
[45:58] | – Got it. – One more thing. | -明白了 -还有一件事 |
[46:02] | Your daily private meetings with Reese are over. | 你和里斯的每日私人会议到此为止 |
[46:05] | Charlie, I respect you more than anyone I know, | 查理 虽然你是我最敬重的人 |
[46:07] | but I’m the one sitting in that chair. | 但坐在台上的人是我 |
[46:11] | Yes, you are. | 没错 |
[46:16] | People across America are watching Arizona, | 举国上下都在关注着亚利桑那州 |
[46:20] | seeing how we implement this law, | 关注着我们如何实施这一法律 |
[46:23] | ready to jump on even the slightest misstep. | 哪怕出了一点点闪失我们都将备受责难 |
[46:25] | Many opponents aren’t even waiting for that. | 许多竞争对手都等不及了 |
[46:29] | You need a drink? | 要不要去喝一杯 |
[46:32] | Sure. | 好的 |
[46:34] | There’s a karaoke bar down the street we go to. | 街角有个卡拉ok吧 我们经常去 |
[46:37] | Drinks and appetizers are $3 until 9:00. | 九点前酒水和小吃都只要3美元 |
[46:40] | 9:15. | 已经9点一刻了 |
[46:41] | We sent an intern down at 8:55 to order 30 drinks | 8点55分时 我们派了个实习生下去 |
[46:44] | and four platters of tuna jerky. | 买了30份酒水和4大盘金枪鱼干 |
[46:46] | The downside’s the karaoke, | 缺点就是 这是家KTV |
[46:48] | but it’s the only place nearby that stays open late | 不过这是附近唯一打烊晚的地方了 |
[46:51] | unless you want to go to the theater district. | 要不然你就只能去剧院区 |
[46:53] | I’d have thought the downside would be | 我还以为缺点是 |
[46:54] | the four platters of tuna jerky. | 那四大盘金枪鱼干呢 |
[46:56] | It’s an affordable dinner. | 这顿晚饭还算实惠 |
[47:00] | Let’s go. | 走吧 |
[47:10] | – Are you in or are you out? – What? | -你做还是不做 -什么 |
[47:13] | Are you in or are you out? | 你做还是不做 |
[47:17] | – Are we doing this, then? – I don’t understand. | -我们到底做不做了 -我不明白 |
[47:19] | Are you mad at me right now? | 你反过来生我的气吗 |
[47:20] | Palin. How did Palin get into the rundown? | 佩林 怎么把佩林也扯进新闻了 |
[47:23] | First of all, I’m the EP. Don’t slip… | 首先 我是制片人 不要… |
[47:25] | I’m the managing editor and I don’t need your permission… | 我是执行总编 我不需要你的许可 |
[47:27] | Yes, you do, and you didn’t | 不 你必须经过我的许可 |
[47:28] | ask for it ’cause you knew you wouldn’t get it. | 但你没问 因为你知道我不会同意 |
[47:30] | I made it clear that this show isn’t going to participate | 我说得很清楚了 这个节目不应该 |
[47:32] | in the endless cycle of codependency between Palin… | 再相互依存于对佩林的 |
[47:35] | – I know. – and insult to injury. | -我知道 -落井下石 |
[47:37] | You twisted yourself into a Windsor knot to save her. | 你为了救她 把自己打成了温莎结 |
[47:39] | “I’m sure that what the governor meant | “我想州长的意思是 |
[47:43] | was that the Dutch living in Norwegia have good ideas. | 住在挪威的荷兰人有好主意 |
[47:47] | And since she has an intimate knowledge | 既然她对所有进出白宫 |
[47:49] | of all calls going into and out of the White House, | 的电话记录都了如指掌 |
[47:51] | she’s a credible source on whether the Swedisians | 她成了瑞典人是否获得回应 |
[47:54] | have gotten their message returned.” | 的可靠来源 |
[47:56] | First of all, the impression– uncanny. | 首先 模仿太做作 |
[47:58] | I’m not the one who asked Victoria’s Secret | 其次 我可没有叫维多利亚的秘密 |
[48:00] | to do five minutes of economic reporting every night. | 每晚播报五分钟的经济新闻 |
[48:03] | Victoria’s Secret has a PhD in economics from Duke | 维多利亚的秘密是杜克毕业的经济学博士 |
[48:06] | and is an adjunct professor at Columbia. | 还在哥大当过兼职教授 |
[48:08] | Are you in or are you out? | 你做还是不做 |
[48:09] | I have to give you credit for thinking you can chew me out | 你胆子倒是不小 敢来骂我 |
[48:11] | on this particular… | 尤其是今天 |
[48:12] | I’ll chew you out on any particular day. | 我哪天都能把你骂个狗血淋头 |
[48:13] | And by the way, when I say dump out of it, dump out of it. | 再说一下 我让你收尾 你就得收尾 |
[48:17] | Reese got in your head. | 你是里斯上身了吧 |
[48:18] | And so you put the almost-one-term governor | 你把一个渺无人烟的州 一届任期 |
[48:21] | of a state where nobody lives on our air. | 都没满的州长 放上我们的直播节目 |
[48:22] | I’m don’t believe I’m hearing… | 真不敢相信 你居然好意思… |
[48:24] | Yes, we fucked up on a huge subject, | 是的 我们搞砸了一个大专题 |
[48:27] | but ours was a mistake. | 但我们那是出了差错 |
[48:29] | Yours was fear, | 你是出于恐惧 |
[48:31] | a need to be loved by strangers and not our show. | 渴望陌生人的爱 而不是我们的节目 |
[48:36] | Be the leader, Will. | 当个引领者 威尔 |
[48:38] | Be the moral center of this show. | 成为这节目的道德核心 |
[48:41] | Be the integrity. | 做它的脊梁骨 |
[48:47] | Today’s Friday. | 今天是周五 |
[48:49] | By Monday I want to know are you in or are you out? | 周一前我要知道你是做还是不做 |
[49:01] | Does anyone believe I just got… | 你们谁信 我刚被… |
[49:21] | We want to be the ones to do it. | 是我们自己想做 |
[49:24] | We want to be the ones to do 2.0. | 我们想做新闻2.0 |
[49:25] | We can do this. | 我们能做到 |
[49:31] | Just give me a second. | 稍等片刻 |
[49:41] | How you doing? | 你还好吗 |
[49:42] | I’m doing all right, all rings consisted… | 我挺好的 在这种戒况 |
[49:45] | considered. | 情况 |
[49:46] | How much have you had to drink? | 你喝了多少 |
[49:49] | I won’t lie to you, Don. | 我不骗你 唐 |
[49:51] | – Yes? – What? | -然后呢 -什么 |
[49:53] | You said, “I won’t lie to you, Don.” | 你说 “我不骗你 唐” |
[49:54] | And then you didn’t say anything else. | 然后什么也没说 |
[49:55] | – I’ve had a drink. – A whole one? | -我喝了一杯酒 -一整杯 |
[49:57] | – Yeah. – That’s too much for you. | -对 -你喝太多了 |
[49:59] | – It is not. – Come to 10:00. | -才不多 -来10点档吧 |
[50:02] | I really appreciate your offer, | 我很感激你的邀请 |
[50:05] | but I think you’re offering it | 但我觉得你邀请我 |
[50:07] | because I’m your girlfriend. | 是因为我是你女朋友 |
[50:09] | What’s wrong with that? | 那又怎样 |
[50:13] | You’re supposed to say, “No, I’m not.” | 你应该说 “不是这样的” |
[50:15] | You’re just inexperienced. I will coach you up. | 你只是没经验 我会训练你的 |
[50:18] | I want to be a part of | 我想成为 |
[50:19] | what Will and Mackenzie are trying to do. | 威尔和麦肯兹的节目的一部分 |
[50:20] | Will and Mackenzie are gonna fail. | 威尔和麦肯兹注定会失败 |
[50:22] | Jesus Christ, what’s… | 上帝啊 为什… |
[50:24] | just because the scenery fell down doesn’t mean it’s not a good play. | 演戏时舞台塌了 不代表戏不好 |
[50:28] | Yeah, I don’t know what that meant, | 我听不懂你说什么 |
[50:29] | but I’m not talking about tonight. | 我指的不是今晚 |
[50:30] | Nobody’s gonna watch a classroom. | 没人想受教育 |
[50:33] | They’ll either be bored or infuriated | 他们要么会感到无聊 要么会被激怒 |
[50:34] | and you will bleed viewers. | 到时候观众就会流失 |
[50:36] | And my show with Elliot will get moved to 8:00. | 而我和埃利奥特就会被移到8点 |
[50:38] | And at that point, I don’t know that i’ll be able to help you. | 等到那时 我就帮不了你了 |
[50:41] | – It was your fault. – Let’s break up. | -今天的确是你的错 -我们分手吧 |
[50:43] | – What did I do now? – You were too supportive. | -我又做错什么了 -你太支持我了 |
[50:45] | Maggie. | 玛姬 |
[50:47] | I feel myself suffocating from your support. | 我觉得我要被你的支持窒息了 |
[50:49] | You want truth or support? | 你想要实话还是支持 |
[50:50] | Did you think I didn’t know I fucked up? | 你以为我不知道我搞砸了 |
[50:52] | I’ve been saying it. | 我一直都承认 |
[50:54] | I have $45,000 in student loans to pay off, | 我还有四万五的学生贷款要付 |
[50:58] | I spend three weeks’ take-home on half a | 我花了三周的税后工资 |
[51:00] | one-bedroom apartment the size of a toolshed, | 只能在豆腐大小的一居室里 租一张床位 |
[51:02] | and I’m sitting alone at a bar | 我独自坐在酒吧里 |
[51:03] | with a drink that was made an hour ago. | 手里拿着一小时前调的酒 |
[51:05] | A good day is when I have quarters for a dryer. | 好日子是 我有零钱用烘干机 |
[51:07] | A bad day is when I blow a newscast. | 坏日子是 我搅乱一场新闻 |
[51:09] | That’s my spectrum. | 这就是我的人生 |
[51:13] | Support is what I wanted right then. | 以前的我才需要支持 |
[51:16] | And I think you’re rooting for Will to fail. | 而且我觉得你满心希望威尔失败 |
[51:18] | You just said it would be in your best interest, | 你都说了 对你有好处 |
[51:21] | and I know he’s not the cuddliest guy in the world, | 我知道他不是个惹人爱的家伙 |
[51:24] | but he is trying to do good | 但他在努力做好事 |
[51:27] | and he’s risking a lot to do it, and you and Reese… | 他冒着很大的风险做 但你和里斯 |
[51:29] | Yeah, yeah. Let’s break up. | 好 好 分手吧 |
[51:32] | Don’t… No, don’t go like this. | 别…不 别就这么走 |
[51:34] | I’m s… I’m sorry. I said the wrong thing. | 我…我很抱歉 我说错话了 |
[51:38] | Don… | 唐… |
[51:41] | Oh, I’m on fire today. | 我今天无敌了 |
[51:45] | – Evening, Mr. McAvoy. – Good evening, Manny. | -晚上好 麦卡沃伊先生 -晚上好 曼尼 |
[51:50] | We know how to live with our neighbors here. | 我们知道怎么和邻居相处 |
[51:52] | – What’s that? – Your show tonight. | -什么 -你今晚的节目 |
[51:54] | I… | 我… |
[52:28] | 抱歉吵到你了, 我们会赔偿损失 楼上的邻居 \h\h伯尼和贝新迪·夏皮罗 | |
[52:37] | You have to do a shot. | 你得喝了这杯 |
[52:38] | I really only drink when I’m scared. | 我只有害怕时 才喝酒 |
[52:40] | I would like to have a word with you | 我有话跟你说 |
[52:42] | right here and right now. | 就在此时此地 |
[52:50] | Yes, ma’am. | 遵命 |
[52:51] | Don’t “Yes, ma’am” me with your sheepish charm. | “遵命”个屁 别给我装小绵羊 |
[52:54] | Would you like to go someplace private? | 咱们去个安静点的地方 |
[52:56] | I… you covered for me. | 我…你掩护了我 |
[52:58] | – Don’t worry about it. – I wasn’t thanking you. | -别去想了 -我不是在谢你 |
[53:00] | You and Don… why do you think I need protecting? | 你和唐 你们怎么都觉得我需要保护 |
[53:03] | You both like the fantasy of a girl in distress? | 你们都有英雄情结吗 |
[53:05] | – How about I put you in a cab? – I take the subway. | -我叫辆车送你回家吧 -我坐地铁 |
[53:08] | – Why do you think I need prot… – I don’t. | -你凭什么觉得我需要保… -我不觉得 |
[53:10] | But I cover for you, Mac covers for me, | 但我罩着你 麦肯罩着我 |
[53:12] | Will covers for everybody, Charlie covers for Will. | 威尔罩着大家 查理罩着威尔 |
[53:14] | How come nobody’s yelling at me? | 为什么没人来责骂我 |
[53:16] | – You know how bad you screwed up, right? – Yes. | -你明白这次祸闯大了 -明白 |
[53:17] | – Is there anyone who feels worse than you do? – No. | -此刻有人比你更愧疚吗 -没有 |
[53:20] | Then I doubt it’ll ever happen again. | 那我相信 你不会再犯了 |
[53:23] | Let me give you money for a cab. | 我给你钱 打的回家吧 |
[53:25] | No, I have to go to Don’s apartment and apologize. | 不 我得去找唐道歉 |
[53:28] | – For what? – For suggesting he would… | -道歉什么 -我说他… |
[53:32] | you know, for asking… | 你知道 我说… |
[53:35] | I’ll think of it on the way. | 我会在路上想出来的 |
[53:36] | We break up, I apologize, everything’s fine. | 分手了 我去道歉 一切回复正常 |
[53:40] | Sounds like a super-healthy relationship. | 这种感情真健康 |
[53:41] | – I’d fight for it. – I will fight for it. | -值得挽救 -我会努力挽救的 |
[53:44] | And I’ll make it work through sheer force of will, | 我要用坚强的意志力打动唐 |
[53:46] | just like Mackenzie will with Will | 就像麦肯兹用意志力打动威尔 |
[53:49] | and just like I made the immigration segment work. | 就像我做的那段移民新闻 |
[53:51] | Will and Mackenzie are going to kill each other | 威尔和麦肯兹会自相残杀 |
[53:53] | and the immigration segment was a train wreck. | 那段移民新闻 的确烂到家了 |
[53:55] | You should shut up more than you do. | 你应该多闭嘴 |
[53:57] | Do people tell you that? | 有人告诉过你吗 |
[53:59] | No. | 没有 |
[54:00] | You’re being polite. | 你只是顺着我说 |
[54:05] | I still don’t know why I’m being mean to you. | 我还是不懂为什么我对你这么刻薄 |
[54:09] | Tess? | 特丝 |
[54:11] | – Would you? – Yeah. | -来一下 -好 |
[54:15] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[54:17] | Hang on, all of you. | 等一下 你们都听好了 |
[54:21] | I’m your senior producer. | 我是你们的高级制片人 |
[54:22] | Fuck up again like this, I’m gonna get mad. | 再搞砸一次 我是会发火的 |
[54:29] | That’s it. | 就这样 |
[54:31] | Take her to Don’s place. | 把她带到唐那里 |
[54:38] | – That was so awesome. – Thank you. | -好酷的演讲 -谢谢 |
[54:42] | – Do a shot. – No. | -喝一杯 -不 |
[54:49] | – Hello? – Neal, it’s Will. | -喂 -尼尔 我是威尔 |
[54:50] | – I hope you don’t mind my calling so late. – No. | -抱歉 这么晚还打给你 -没事 |
[54:54] | I got your number from… you know, there’s a booklet. | 我找到你的号码 我翻了…那个册子 |
[54:56] | – The office directory. – Yeah. | -办公室号码簿 -对 |
[54:58] | The guy you found in Spokane, | 你说的那个斯波坎的人 |
[55:00] | I want you to get in touch with him | 我希望你能联系他 |
[55:01] | and tell him that you’re gonna pay for a cab to take him to and from work. | 告诉他 你愿意支付他的上下班出租车钱 |
[55:04] | He should send you the receipts, then give them to me. | 让他把发票寄给你 你再交给我 |
[55:07] | Will… | 威尔 |
[55:09] | come on, let me post this on your blog. | 拜托 让我发到你的博客上 |
[55:11] | – No. – Will… | -不 -威尔 |
[55:13] | – Keep my name out of it. – Yes, sir. | -不许提我的名字 -遵命 |
[55:15] | Is Mackenzie around there? | 麦肯兹在么 |
[55:17] | Yeah. | 在 |
[55:19] | – Can you put her on the phone? – Sure. | -能让她接电话么 -好的 |
[55:28] | It’s… it’s Will. | 威尔找你 |
[55:36] | I’m sorry… about everything. | 我很抱歉…对所有事 |
[55:39] | I’m just so sorry. | 我真的很抱歉 |
[55:41] | – There’s no way I can even… – I’m in. | -我说不出来有多… -我做 |
[55:43] | – What? – I’m in. I’ll see you on Monday. | -什么 -我做 周一见 |
[55:50] | – Are you still gonna worry about the ratings? – Yes. | -你还会担心收视率么 -会 |
[55:53] | – Still gonna worry about being popular? – Yeah. | -还会担心是否受欢迎 -对 |
[55:56] | About being loved by strangers? | 还渴望陌生人的爱 |
[55:57] | Are you gonna keep asking me questions that all mean the same thing? | 一样的问题 你要一直问下去吗 |
[56:00] | Till I get the right answer. | 直到我听到正确的答案 |
[56:04] | I’m in. | 我做 |
[56:07] | There it is. | 正确 |
[56:26] | 2012年6月25日, 即本集播出的六天前 美国最高法院就亚利桑那州移民法作出裁决 认定其中大部分争议条款与联邦法律存在抵触, 不能生效 | |
[56:41] | 移民法四条主要规定中, 一项条款得以保留 “允许警察盘查有非法移民嫌疑者” | |
[56:48] | 其余三条全被高法推翻 “非法居留触犯州法律” “非法移民在州内工作触犯州法律” “警察可在没有逮捕证的情况下逮捕被怀疑为非法移民者” |