时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:36] | ♪ Try to keep my head above it the best I can ♪ | ♪ 我要努力挺过这一关 ♪ |
[01:38] | ♪ That’s why here I am ♪ | ♪ 所以我才在这里 ♪ |
[01:42] | ♪ Just waiting for this storm to pass me by ♪ | ♪ 等着暴风雨经过 ♪ |
[01:48] | ♪ And that’s the sound of sunshine ♪ | ♪ 聆听阳光的声音 ♪ |
[01:53] | ♪ Coming down ♪ | ♪ 从空中洒下 ♪ |
[01:58] | ♪ And that’s the sound of sunshine ♪ | ♪ 聆听阳光的声音 ♪ |
[02:02] | Hey. I thought I saw you sneak in. | 我就说看到你溜进来了 |
[02:05] | – You look nice. – Thanks. So do you. | -你这身很好看 -谢谢 你也是 |
[02:07] | Oh, yeah. I was at a party at Bloomberg’s. | 当然 我去参加布鲁伯格的派对了 |
[02:09] | But you came here to be with your “News Night” Family at midnight. | 但你赶回来 和节目组大家庭一起过午夜 |
[02:12] | Well, near them, anyway. | 看着他们过而已 |
[02:15] | – Can I ask a favor? – Yeah. | -能求你件事吗 -什么事 |
[02:17] | Can Wade have two minutes with you? | 韦德能跟你说两句话吗 |
[02:19] | He’s got some facts he wants to share. | 他有事实要跟你说 |
[02:21] | – Sure. – You don’t mind? | -可以 -你不介意 |
[02:22] | No problem. | 不介意 |
[02:28] | Wade? | 韦德 |
[02:32] | – Happy New Year. – Happy New Year. | -新年快乐 -新年快乐 |
[02:33] | Oh, and Jim’s putting together the packet of stories you asked him to. | 吉姆在整理你要的新闻事件 |
[02:36] | You wanna give it five minutes a night next week? | 下周每晚抽出五分钟来报道 如何 |
[02:38] | – Let’s look at the stories first. – Done. | -先看看故事再说 -好的 |
[02:40] | I’ll leave you guys alone. | 你们聊吧 |
[02:44] | – How have you been? – I’ve been good, thanks. | -最近还好吗 -很好 谢谢 |
[02:46] | And I appreciate you taking a minute. | 感谢你抽出时间来见我 |
[02:48] | What can I do for you? | 有什么事吗 |
[02:49] | You know I’m an assistant US attorney for the southern district, right? | 你知道 我是纽约南区的助理检察官 |
[02:52] | Yeah. | 知道 |
[02:52] | Well, right now, my job’s prosecuting financial crime. | 我现在的工作 是打击金融犯罪 |
[02:56] | Well, you know, Wade, feel free to start any time. | 韦德 欢迎你随时开始 |
[03:00] | You’ve been pretty rough on us. | 你可没少难为我们 |
[03:01] | Countrywide? Well, I don’t know what to tell you. | 国家金融服务公司吗 我该怎么说你 |
[03:03] | You’ve got guys flooding the market with bad mortgages, | 你们的起诉对象在市场上疯狂放贷 |
[03:05] | lying to investors, making billions of dollars, | 欺骗投资者 牟利数十亿 |
[03:08] | but most incredibly, discussing it by email. | 居然 还是通过电邮来密谋 |
[03:11] | I don’t mean to insult you, man, | 我无意羞辱你 |
[03:12] | but how do you not get a fraud conviction? | 给他们定欺诈罪有那么难吗 |
[03:14] | Right there’s what I’m talking about. | 这正是我要说的 |
[03:16] | This is the half of the story you’re leaving out. | 我知道这故事的另一半 |
[03:19] | – Are you ready for me to blow your mind? – Sure. | -想听点猛料吗 -来吧 |
[03:22] | – Bigfoot’s real. – No, it’s not. | -大脚怪是真的 -才不是 |
[03:22] | 北美洲民俗学中的一种未知灵长类生物 又名”野人” 许多人声称见到过大脚怪 | |
[03:23] | – Did you say… – Bigfoot is real. | -你居然… -大脚怪是真的 |
[03:25] | – No, it’s not. – Listen to me, skeptismo. | -才不是 -听我说 怀疑论者 |
[03:27] | There are 1.7 million known species on the planet, | 地球上有170万种已知生物 |
[03:30] | and biologists estimate | 生物学家估计 |
[03:31] | this represents only a quarter of the total species on the planet. | 这只是地球物种总数的四分之一 |
[03:35] | The other three quarters are microscopic. | 其余四分之三都是微生物 |
[03:37] | – How do you know? – I don’t know. | -你怎么知道 -我猜的 |
[03:38] | But if the other three quarters were Bigfoot, | 但如果那四分之三都跟大脚怪一样 |
[03:40] | they wouldn’t be hard to see. They’d be walking up and down the street. | 就应该不难找 满大街都是才对 |
[03:43] | We’re gonna step slowly away now. | 大家静静地散开吧 |
[03:45] | Don’t mention this to anyone unless you know them really well. | 这事儿 不是熟人 千万别说 |
[03:48] | And even then. | 熟人也别说 |
[03:48] | Pandas were thought to be a myth until 1869. | 熊猫直到1869年才被承认 |
[03:51] | Gorillas were thought to be a myth until 1902. | 大猩猩直到1902年才被承认 |
[03:54] | The giant squid was thought to be a myth until 2004. | 巨型乌贼直到2004年才被承认 |
[03:57] | – What’s up? – Maggie, listen to me. | -聊什么呢 -玛姬 听我说 |
[03:59] | Apex predators… | 顶级掠食者 |
[04:00] | species at the top of the food chain… | 也就是食物链最顶端的物种 |
[04:02] | have the smallest numbers and move in the tiniest packs. | 它们总数最少 群聚数量也少 |
[04:05] | Is this Bigfoot? | 你说的是大脚怪吗 |
[04:06] | Species diversity is greatest in the rain forests. | 物种多样性在热带雨林中尤为明显 |
[04:09] | Stop. Just don’t even… stop. | 停 别提…闭嘴 |
[04:12] | What are you doing? | 你又在干什么 |
[04:14] | Trying to work. | 努力工作 |
[04:16] | Do you see there’s a party happening around you? | 你看得出来 大家在开派对吧 |
[04:18] | I’m okay. | 我无所谓 |
[04:19] | Sometimes it’s hard to tell who the biggest nerd in the office is. | 真不知道你俩 谁的书呆子气更重 |
[04:22] | Could there be an apex predator primate… | 会不会有这么一种顶级掠食灵长类… |
[04:25] | Not today, though. | 今天是不会了 |
[04:27] | Kaylee. | 凯莉 |
[04:29] | You guys haven’t met Kaylee yet. | 你们还没见过凯莉吧 |
[04:30] | Is this a new girlfriend? | 是你的新女友吗 |
[04:31] | Girlfriend’s a strong word. | “女友”这词太正式了 |
[04:33] | Really? | 是吗 |
[04:34] | – Hey, baby. – Hey. | -你好 宝贝 -你好 |
[04:38] | -Get me drunk. – Done. | -把我灌醉 -没问题 |
[04:44] | – Come on, join the party. – I will. | -来玩吧 -我会的 |
[04:46] | I just want to finish this for Will. | 等我把威尔布置的任务完成 |
[04:48] | What is it? | 什么任务 |
[04:49] | Stories we missed this year or didn’t give enough attention to. | 这一年我们忽视了 或没有足够重视的事件 |
[04:53] | – Want some help? – Sure. | -要帮忙吗 -好啊 |
[04:56] | Yeah, take this stack here and anything you think is… | 这一摞给你 找出你认为… |
[04:59] | – Anything we missed. – Or didn’t give enough attention to. | -忽视了的 -或没有足够重视的 |
[05:03] | Bigfoot’s real and I don’t think anyone reported it. | “大脚怪是真的”还没人报道过 |
[05:06] | – Hey, Don. – Circle it. | -唐 -标记一下 |
[05:11] | You look really nice tonight. | 你今晚真美 |
[05:14] | – Yeah? – God, definite… yes. | -真的吗 -绝对是真的 |
[05:17] | Yeah. Definitely. | 真的 绝对的 |
[05:20] | Yeah, I don’t mean to be… | 我没打算要… |
[05:23] | Shoot, Don’s here. | 该死 唐来了 |
[05:26] | – I’m sorry. – It’s no problem. I was almost done. | -抱歉 -没事 反正我也快弄完了 |
[05:30] | Well, don’t, you know… | 那个 也别… |
[05:32] | – take a couple hours off. – I will. | -休息一会儿 -我会的 |
[05:35] | Will you? | 真的会吗 |
[05:37] | ‘Cause it’s a party. Have you ever been to one? | 这可是在开派对 你去过派对吗 |
[05:40] | I have been to over three of them. | 去过至少三个呢 |
[05:43] | Maggie. | 玛姬 |
[05:45] | See you later. | 一会儿见 |
[05:54] | Oh, man. Look at you. | 天哪 看看你 |
[05:55] | You look at me. | 看看我 |
[05:57] | I had to get a crew off the clock. Did I miss anything? | 我刚才赶着做节目 错过什么好戏没 |
[05:59] | Neal won’t rest until he gets Will to do a story on Bigfoot. | 尼尔不依不饶地想让威尔报道大脚怪 |
[06:03] | Did Bigfoot do something? | 大脚怪干了什么吗 |
[06:04] | Bigfoot can’t do anything. He’s not real. | 大脚怪什么也干不了 它根本不存在 |
[06:06] | That’s what they said about the moon landing. | 当年大家还说登月是假的呢 |
[06:07] | I believe you’ve had a cocktail. | 你鸡尾酒喝多了吧 |
[06:09] | Men have cocktails. | 男人就该喝鸡尾酒 |
[06:10] | Carrie Bradshaw has drinks. | 凯莉·布雷萧那样才喝烈酒 |
[06:11] | Nope, the other way around. | 才怪 恰恰相反 |
[06:13] | Doesn’t matter. I’m fun Don tonight. | 无所谓 今晚我是欢脱唐 |
[06:14] | I love fun Don. | 我爱欢脱唐 |
[06:16] | Where have I seen this dress before? | 我见过这裙子 |
[06:17] | On Lisa. | 利萨的 |
[06:18] | She let me raid her closet. | 我洗劫了她的衣柜 |
[06:19] | I think you should never take it off. | 你应该永远穿着它 |
[06:21] | Except when you take it off. | 除了你不穿衣服时 |
[06:23] | Now, speaking of your roommate, I had a great idea. | 说到你的室友 我有个好主意 |
[06:25] | – Soundproofing her bedroom? – Mmm, fixing her up with Jim. | -给她那屋贴上隔音板 -撮合她和吉姆 |
[06:30] | Are you kidding? | 开玩笑吧 |
[06:31] | I feel like I owe him one. | 我欠他个人情 |
[06:32] | Then why would you unleash Lisa on him? | 那你还拿利萨攻他 |
[06:36] | They’ll get along. | 他们会合得来的 |
[06:38] | She works in a boutique. | 她卖女装的 |
[06:39] | – Here she is. Lisa. – Wait, don’t. | -她来了 利萨 -别这样 |
[06:41] | This is the worst fix-up ever. | 这是有史以来最烂的牵线了 |
[06:42] | I’m not talking about having him take a bride. | 又没让他娶她 |
[06:44] | – I’m talking about… – Getting him laid. | -只是… -让他有妞陪 |
[06:45] | – starting off the new year with a bang. – …with a bang. Yeah. | -让他能够炮迎新年 -炮迎新年 |
[06:47] | You see what I did? | 心有灵犀呀 |
[06:50] | – You made it. – Yeah. | -你来了 -是啊 |
[06:52] | Am I wearing a huge sign that says dateless on New Year’s Eve? | 我身上是不是写着”除夕夜没有伴” |
[06:54] | No, but that dress sends a message loud and clear. | 没有 但这裙子传递着很强的信号 |
[06:57] | Do I look slutty? | 我穿得很放荡吗 |
[06:57] | – Absolutely. – No. Don! | -非常 -不会 唐 |
[06:59] | In the best way. | 我是夸你 |
[07:00] | I wasn’t going for slutty. I was going for… | 我没想放荡 我是… |
[07:01] | ♬ 如果你想要我 压制不住欲火 ♬ | |
[07:05] | ♬ 宝贝 你就快点告诉我 ♬ | |
[07:09] | I like Rod Stewart. | 我是斯图尔特粉 |
[07:10] | Yeah. So, I’ve got a guy for you. | 是啊 我给你介绍个小伙 |
[07:12] | – No, you don’t. – A guy here? | -不要 -在这儿吗 |
[07:13] | – Yeah. – No. | -对 -不对 |
[07:14] | Is it another loser that doesn’t have a date on New Year’s Eve? | 跟我一样 除夕夜没有伴的衰人吗 |
[07:16] | – He’s not a loser. – Yes, he’s a huge loser. | -不是衰人 -是个大衰人 |
[07:20] | – What the hell is going on? – What the hell is going on? | -怎么回事 -怎么回事 |
[07:23] | She works in fashion, Don. | 她搞时装的 唐 |
[07:25] | No offense, Lis. | 没有冒犯的意思 |
[07:26] | I don’t even know what I’m supposed to be offended by. | 我都不知道哪里冒犯我了 |
[07:27] | But I can talk about other things. I don’t have to talk about fashion. | 我也能聊其它话题 不是只懂时装 |
[07:29] | – I know you can. – Give me a topic. | -我相信你 -给我个话题 |
[07:31] | What’s happening with the Greek debt crisis? | 希腊债务危机 |
[07:33] | There’s a huge crisis in Greece. | 希腊陷入危机 |
[07:35] | – They’re in a lot of debt. – See? | -欠了很多债 -瞧 |
[07:37] | Are you serious? | 你是认真的吗 |
[07:38] | That’s more than most people know. | 她比一般人知道的都多 |
[07:39] | You see the guy over there? | 看到那边的小伙了吗 |
[07:40] | The cute, sweet-looking puppy dog guy | 那个表情憨乎乎的 |
[07:41] | – with the stupid look on his face? – He is cute. | -可爱呆萌的小狗狗 -很可爱嘛 |
[07:43] | – Why is he working? – He has a job. | -他怎么还在工作 -他有活要忙 |
[07:45] | So right there, he’s a leg up on your usual diet. | 单凭这点 就强过你以往的对象了 |
[07:48] | His name’s Jim Harper. He’s a senior producer. | 他叫吉姆·哈珀 高级制片人 |
[07:51] | He’s a bright guy. | 他人很聪明 |
[07:53] | He’s not the creative director for an imaginary Internet start-up. | 不是那种幻想着靠网站发家致富的人 |
[07:56] | – He calls his mother. – I’m sure he’s nice, | -他还很孝顺 -我相信你 |
[07:57] | but I don’t think I’m in the mood for a fix-up. | 可我现在没有约会的心情 |
[07:59] | – Why not? – I don’t know, I’m just coming off a relationship. | -为什么 -我才刚结束了一段感情 |
[08:01] | Of 10 days. I’ve bought milk before your relationship started | 才谈了十天 我买的牛奶都还没过期 |
[08:03] | that was still good to drink after it ended. | 你们就已经分了 |
[08:05] | I don’t think so. | 哪有 |
[08:06] | No, it’s true. I can show you the milk. | 是真的 牛奶为证 |
[08:07] | She doesn’t need to be fixed up, honey. | 她不需要牵线 亲爱的 |
[08:08] | I didn’t say that she needed to be fixed up. | 我没说她需要牵线 |
[08:09] | It’s 10 minutes before midnight. | 再过十分钟就到午夜了 |
[08:10] | No guy wants to be fixed up 10 minutes before midnight. | 没人想在午夜前十分钟被撮合 |
[08:12] | Besides, I’m not his type. I can tell. | 再说我能看出来 我不是他的菜 |
[08:15] | You’re everybody’s type. You’re the girl next door. Let’s go. | 你是大众情人 邻家女孩 跟我来 |
[08:18] | Next door to what? | 邻着哪儿的家 |
[08:20] | Jimmy Olsen. | 吉姆·奥尔森 |
[08:21] | That nickname’s really gonna stick, huh? | 这绰号看来是甩不掉了啊 |
[08:23] | It has endured. It’s a compliment. | 经久不衰 我这是夸你 |
[08:25] | Jimmy Olsen was a go-getter. | 吉姆·奥尔森很勤快呢 |
[08:27] | Yeah, but strictly speaking, he was a photojournalist. | 但严格来讲 他只是个拍照的 |
[08:29] | In fact, when DC Comics first introduced… | 而且 他在DC漫画中首次出场… |
[08:31] | Yeah, shut up. This is Maggie’s roommate Lisa. | 闭嘴 这是玛姬的室友利萨 |
[08:34] | Oh, hey. It’s nice to meet you. | 很高兴认识你 |
[08:35] | – Nice to meet you, too. – I’ve heard a lot about you. | -我也是 -她常提起你 |
[08:37] | I’ve heard a lot about… not a lot. | 她也常…不怎么 |
[08:39] | Maggie’s… she’s mentioned you once, I think. | 玛姬…提过你 一次 |
[08:44] | Lisa went to Parsons | 利萨毕业于帕森设计学院 |
[08:45] | and she works at a very high-end boutique in the Village. | 现就职于格林威治村的一家高档女装店 |
[08:47] | Nice. | 不错啊 |
[08:48] | So why don’t you take Lisa out onto the terrace | 不如你带利萨去天台走走 |
[08:50] | where you can watch one million people in Times Square | 能俯瞰几百万人挤在时代广场 |
[08:52] | waiting for the world’s biggest nonevent? | 翘首期盼新年屁事 |
[08:53] | Maggie and I are going to get some drinks and we’ll meet you out there. | 我和玛姬去拿点喝的 天台上见 |
[08:56] | – Jim has to work. – Not at 11:50 on New Year’s Eve. | -吉姆还有工作 -不差这十分钟 |
[08:59] | Grab some coats. | 穿上外套 |
[09:01] | – Tess. – Yeah? | -特丝 -怎么 |
[09:03] | Kill me. Kill me now. | 杀了我 快杀了我 |
[09:04] | – Do it now. – Huh? | -现在就杀了我 -啥 |
[09:08] | Congress cut our investigations to 20% of what they promised. | 国会把允诺的调查费用降到20% |
[09:12] | We were supposed to get 165 million. | 我们本应拿到1.65亿 |
[09:14] | But after rolling over to the GOP, they only gave us 30. | 共和党控制国会后 只给了我们三千万 |
[09:17] | – How’s it going in here? – Good. | -谈得如何 -不错 |
[09:18] | Wade says the House cut 80% of the DOJ’s budget | 众议院将司法部用来打击金融犯罪的预算 |
[09:21] | to fight financial crime. | 砍掉了80% |
[09:22] | He was just telling me. | 他刚说了 |
[09:23] | For every one of me the Justice Department can hire, | 司法部雇一名我这样的律师 |
[09:25] | the banks can hire 20 and afford to stay in litigation forever. | 银行就能雇20个 无限期地拖延诉讼 |
[09:29] | You think Big Tobacco throws money at this shit? | 别以为只有烟草三巨头在往里边砸钱 |
[09:32] | Meet Goldman. Meet Lehman. | 还有高盛 雷曼兄弟 |
[09:33] | Meet B of A and meet Countrywide. | 美国银行 国家金融服务公司 |
[09:36] | Honey, are you saying the | 亲爱的 你的意思是 |
[09:38] | United States of America is getting out-lawyered? | 美利坚合众国缺律师了吗 |
[09:40] | Don’t call him honey. It makes me crazy. | 别叫他亲爱的 听着难受 |
[09:42] | I didn’t say that. It came out of my mouth. Just words. | 不是我说的 话自己蹦出来的 |
[09:46] | Yes, we are getting out-lawyered. | 没错 我们缺律师 |
[09:49] | That is a story we’re missing. | 这正是我们忽略了的故事 |
[09:51] | – Let me talk to Mac a second. All right? – Great. | -让我跟麦肯单独谈谈 -当然 |
[09:53] | – I’ll be outside. – Great. | -我在外面等你 -好的 |
[10:00] | You can’t have your boyfriends lobbying me to go easier on them. | 别让你的男友们来劝我放水 |
[10:03] | Hang on, he wasn’t lobbying for you to go easier. | 等等 他不是在劝你放水 |
[10:04] | He was pitching a story. | 他是给你提供故事 |
[10:05] | I’ve got a staff of paid professionals to do that. | 我有专人负责提供故事 |
[10:07] | Mostly by using inside sources like Wade. | 专人也需要内部线人 比如韦德 |
[10:09] | And it’s not boyfriends. It’s one boyfriend. | 另外 没有”们” 就一个男友 |
[10:12] | – So he’s your boyfriend? – I guess he is. | -那他确实是你男友 -我想是的 |
[10:14] | I mean, that’s what you call him? | 你就这么叫他吗 |
[10:15] | I call him Wade. | 我叫他韦德 |
[10:16] | – When you introduce him, do you say… – Yes! | -你向别人介绍时 管他叫 -是的 |
[10:18] | How do you introduce the Netflix queue of crazy divorced women | 你又怎么向别人介绍 与你共度良宵的 |
[10:21] | with digitally remastered breasts you spend your nights with? | 那一丛丛胸怀大器的离婚疯女人 |
[10:24] | You see anyone with me right now? | 你看我现在有伴儿吗 |
[10:25] | Of course not. If you’d asked someone out on New Year’s Eve, | 现在当然不会 若是除夕夜约人 |
[10:28] | that would mean you were in a real relationship. | 就表示你对感情是认真的 |
[10:29] | Oh, please. Tell me more about real relationships. | 拜托多教教我 什么叫对感情认真 |
[10:32] | I’m not keeping myself in jail anymore. | 我不要再把自己困在牢笼中了 |
[10:34] | – What does that mean? – He’s my boyfriend. | -什么意思 -他是我的男友 |
[10:36] | We’re serious. I want a partner. | 我们是认真的 我想有个伴侣 |
[10:38] | That is so romantic. I’d set it to music. | 真浪漫 应该配上音乐 |
[10:41] | – Look. – I’m glad you’re letting yourself out of jail. | -听我说 -我很高兴你终于解脱牢笼了 |
[10:43] | – I meant… – You owe it to yourself. | -我是说 -这是你应得的 |
[10:52] | Congress defunded the DOJ on financial crime. | 国会撤走了司法部打击金融犯罪的资金 |
[10:55] | I thought you’d want to hear that. | 我以为你会想知道 |
[10:57] | I did. | 没错 |
[11:00] | Come on out to the party. | 出来参加聚会 |
[11:03] | I will. | 我会的 |
[11:05] | All right. | 好吧 |
[11:25] | “大苹果” \h\h\h\h\h\h\h\h\h\h\h\h喜迎2011 | |
[11:31] | Fuck it. | 去他的 |
[11:43] | – Nice tux. – I just came from a different party. | -礼服不错 -我刚从另一个派对来 |
[11:46] | – Was it good? – Have you ever been to a good New Year’s Eve party? | -那派对赞吗 -有哪个除夕派对是赞的吗 |
[11:49] | – No. – I’ve never enjoyed myself on December 31st. | -没 -12月31号我从来没开心过 |
[11:52] | No one ever has. I can tell you for me, | 没人开心过 就拿我来说吧 |
[11:54] | there was this one time in 10th grade… | 我高一的时候… |
[11:56] | This is my thing I’m talking about now. | 我是在说我的事 |
[11:58] | Okay. Why don’t you talk to someone? | 好吧 你为什么不找人聊聊 |
[12:01] | I don’t need a therapist, I just don’t like New Year’s Eve. | 我不需要心理医生 我只是讨厌除夕夜 |
[12:03] | No, I’m saying | 不 我是说 |
[12:05] | why don’t you go up to someone here at the party and talk to them? | 你为什么不找个派对上的人 走上去聊聊 |
[12:08] | – Do people really do that? – Talk to people? | -大家真的这么做吗 -跟人聊天 |
[12:10] | – Just walk up to them. – I’ve seen it on TV. | -直接走上去搭讪 -电视上有 |
[12:14] | That woman over there, she’s obviously here alone | 那个女人 明显一个人来的 |
[12:17] | and I’m getting a good feeling about her. | 我对她挺有好感 |
[12:19] | You have good instincts about these things? | 你对这类事很有直觉吗 |
[12:21] | I’m opening up to you. I’m not good at this. | 我跟你敞开了说 这事我不擅长 |
[12:24] | That’s really sweet, Will. You should let more people see that. | 真可爱 威尔 你该对大家多敞开 |
[12:26] | Yeah, yeah, yeah, what do I do? | 行了行了 我该怎么做 |
[12:29] | Walk up to her and introduce yourself. | 走上去 自我介绍呀 |
[12:32] | – I’m gonna do it. – You should. | -我要去了 -去呀 |
[12:33] | – I’m gonna go talk to her. – Talk to her. | -我要去跟她聊聊 -聊呀 |
[12:35] | – I’m going. – Okay, but you’re still standing here. | -我这就去了 -你的脚还没动 |
[12:36] | – Here I go. – Haven’t moved. | -真的去了 -还是没动 |
[12:39] | Shut up. | 闭嘴 |
[12:45] | – Hi. Excuse me. – Am I in your way? | -你好 打扰一下 -我挡你道了吗 |
[12:47] | No, I just wanted to introduce myself. | 没有 我只想介绍一下自己 |
[12:49] | – I’m Will McAvoy. – I know that. | -我叫威尔·麦卡沃伊 -我知道 |
[12:52] | I’m Nina Howard. | 我叫妮娜·霍华德 |
[12:55] | I don’t know what to do now. | 我不知道接下来该干嘛了 |
[12:57] | Did you come over to talk to me? | 你是过来跟我聊天的吗 |
[12:59] | Yes. | 是的 |
[13:01] | All right. | 那好吧 |
[13:03] | How’d you get in here? | 你怎么进来的 |
[13:05] | I’m a friend of one of the producers on “ACN Morning.” | 我朋友是”ACN早新闻”的制片人 |
[13:08] | Day side. Uh-oh. | 日间档 |
[13:10] | Oh, day side and prime time don’t get along? | 日间档跟黄金档水火不容吗 |
[13:12] | Jets and the Sharks. | 火箭帮和鲨鱼帮 |
[13:14] | Well, maybe we could be like Tony and Maria. | 那我们也许能成为托尼和玛利亚 |
[13:18] | Why is Will talking to Nina Howard? | 威尔怎么在跟妮娜·霍华德聊天 |
[13:20] | – You know who she is? – She’s a gossip columnist for “TMI.” | -你认识她 -TMI的八卦专栏作家 |
[13:22] | Oh, he shouldn’t be talking to her. | 那他不该跟她聊了 |
[13:24] | – I know. Why is he? – I may have suggested it. | -就是啊 那他还… -可能是我建议的 |
[13:27] | – Why? – You were here with Wade and he seemed lonely. | -为什么 -你跟韦德在一起 他有点寂寞 |
[13:29] | Excuse me. | 失陪 |
[13:32] | – Hi. – Hi. | -嗨 -嗨 |
[13:34] | – Hi. – I’m so sorry. | -嗨 -很抱歉 |
[13:35] | – Can I talk to you a moment? – Really? | -可以借一步说话吗 -真的吗 |
[13:37] | – Yeah. – She wants to warn you that I’m a gossip columnist. | -对 -她想警告你我是八卦专栏作家 |
[13:40] | Oh, that’s not it. I promise. | 不是那样的 我保证 |
[13:43] | – She’s a gossip columnist. – No, she writes features. | -她是八卦专栏作家 -她写的是专题 |
[13:46] | “TMI” had Jennifer Aniston on the cover this week. | TMI这周的封面是詹妮弗·安妮斯顿 |
[13:49] | You know who they had last week? Jennifer Aniston. | 你知道上周是谁吗 詹妮弗·安妮斯顿 |
[13:51] | – Know who they had the week before? – Are you a subscriber? | -再上一周呢 -你订阅了 |
[13:53] | They have it at my nail place. | 我在美甲店里看的 |
[13:54] | – Oh, do you go to Cuti-cles? – Yes. | -你去靓甲坊吗 -去啊 |
[13:56] | – Ba-Ling? – Yes. | -巴林呢 -也去 |
[13:57] | – I’m walking away from this. – No, Will. | -我听不下去了 -不 威尔 |
[13:59] | Yeah, my instincts may have been wrong. | 我的直觉可能是错的 |
[14:01] | It’s New Year’s Eve. I don’t care if she writes for “Mein Kampf.” | 现在是除夕夜 她写《我的奋斗》我也不在乎 |
[14:06] | Really? You’re setting up my boyfriend? | 真的吗 你在撮合我男友 |
[14:09] | – Not my boyfriend. Just words. Hi. – What about your boyfriend? | -我没说男友 蹦出来的话 -你男友咋了 |
[14:11] | – Hey, handsome. – Nice. | -嘿 帅哥 -好极了 |
[14:14] | You know, it’s only a few minutes before midnight. | 再过几分钟就是午夜了 |
[14:18] | Yeah, we’ve got clocks everywhere. | 对啊 楼里到处都是钟 |
[14:20] | So I say you kiss me at midnight | 不如 你在午夜吻我 |
[14:24] | and we see what happens from there. | 看看接着会发生什么 |
[14:26] | I’m gonna start to walk up to people more. | 我该多多搭讪 |
[14:29] | I got you a drink. | 我帮你拿了一杯 |
[14:31] | Now you seem lonely and broken to me. | 你看起来寂寞又心碎 |
[14:33] | – I do? – But don’t worry, I can fix you. | -是吗 -别担心 我来抚慰你 |
[14:36] | Well, if there’s one thing a man likes, it’s a woman who tries to fix him. | 男人最喜欢的 莫过于女人的抚慰了 |
[14:40] | What are you working on right now? | 你最近在忙什么 |
[14:42] | A piece on Brittany Giancarlo. | 布兰妮·詹卡洛的一篇文章 |
[14:44] | I don’t know who that is. | 不认识 |
[14:46] | Brittany Giancarlo. She’s the young one on “Real Housewives of New Jersey.” | 布兰妮·詹卡洛 《新泽西的主妇》里年轻的那个 |
[14:50] | Oh, I’ve got them all TiVo’d. | 我都录下来了 |
[14:51] | She’s a drunk gold digger | 她酗酒 傍大款 |
[14:53] | who’s probably cheating with her yoga instructor. | 八成还和瑜伽教练偷情 |
[14:56] | And why are you writing about her? | 你为什么写她 |
[14:58] | I just told you. | 刚跟你说了 |
[14:59] | No, I mean, sure, but what did she do? | 我是问 她做了什么 |
[15:01] | Nothing, it’s just a takedown piece. | 没什么 就是篇攻击报道 |
[15:03] | – A what? – A takedown piece. | -什么 -攻击报道 |
[15:06] | I’m gonna take her down. | 我要大肆攻击她 |
[15:08] | Why? | 为什么 |
[15:10] | ‘Cause that’s what you do in a takedown piece, genius. | 攻击报道 就是要攻击啊 才子 |
[15:13] | Nine, eight… | 九 八 |
[15:15] | You actually call it a takedown piece? | 你真管那个叫攻击报道 |
[15:17] | – Yeah. – …four, three, | -对 -四 三 |
[15:20] | two, one! | 二 一 |
[15:22] | Happy New Year! | 新年快乐 |
[15:30] | – Hang on. – What? | -等等 -怎么 |
[15:34] | You’re just setting out to be mean to somebody? | 你就无端地对别人这么狠吗 |
[15:36] | – And this was going so well. – No, it could still go well. | -本来气氛好好的 -气氛能调节回来 |
[15:39] | Not if you’re going to give me a condescending lecture. | 这要看你是否继续对我说教了 |
[15:40] | I think we both know that’s what’s going to happen. | 我们都知道接下去会发生什么 |
[15:42] | Didn’t I just spend the last six months watching you take down the Tea Party? | 你这六个月里 不也一直在攻击茶党吗 |
[15:45] | Okay, first, thanks for watching. | 首先 谢谢收看 |
[15:47] | Second, I obviously didn’t take them down. They won. | 第二 显然我没有攻击成功 他们赢了 |
[15:49] | Third, the fact that they did is an enormous danger to A: | 第三 他们的当选 第一: 大大危害 |
[15:53] | – a great political party… – Oh, there’s subheadings? | -一个伟大的政党 -哟 二级标题都出来了 |
[15:54] | of which I happen to be a member, and B: | 我还是该党的成员 第二: |
[15:57] | an enormous danger to everyone who lives in this country. | 也大大危害这个国家的每一个人 |
[15:59] | – Fourth… – Fourth? | -第四 -还有第四 |
[16:00] | …these are people who are asking for our votes. | 他们是要拉选票的人 |
[16:04] | You and I do the same thing for a living. | 你我是一路人 |
[16:07] | That’s nuts, Nina. | 胡说 妮娜 |
[16:09] | I try to expose the truth about things that are of national importance. | 我揭露的是国家大事的真相 |
[16:12] | Well, I’m trying to expose the truth about the fact | 我要揭露的也是真相 |
[16:15] | that Brittany might have had a daughter when she was a teenager | 布兰妮可能是少女妈妈 |
[16:17] | who’s now 10 possibly and being taken care of by her mother. | 把十岁大的女儿交给她妈照顾 |
[16:20] | Why is that the concern of anyone except for Brittany? | 布兰妮的事 别人瞎操什么心 |
[16:22] | It’s not a concern. It’s entertainment. | 不是操心 是娱乐消遣 |
[16:25] | Okay, well, here’s the thing, though, it shouldn’t be. | 问题是 不该这样 |
[16:27] | – Is that right? – Of course it’s right. | -是吗 -当然了 |
[16:29] | You know it’s right. You know right from wrong. | 你也明白 你分得清是非 |
[16:31] | Everybody said you were like this. | 大家都说你是这样的人 |
[16:33] | No, no, look. You can be part of the change. | 听我说 你可以改变这风气 |
[16:35] | You don’t have to write gossip. | 你没必要写八卦 |
[16:36] | I work for a gossip magazine. | 八卦就是我的工作 |
[16:38] | Are we gonna go back to flirting | 你是想继续调情 |
[16:40] | or are you gonna keep putting me down? | 还是继续羞辱我 |
[16:41] | I’m not putting you down. I’m just saying that | 我不是羞辱你 我只是说 |
[16:42] | what you do is a really bad form of pollution | 你这种工作 纯粹是在排污 |
[16:45] | that makes us dumber and meaner and is destroying civilization. | 把人们弄得又笨又刻薄 危害文明建设 |
[16:48] | I’m saying, with all possible respect, | 我这么说 不是对你不敬 |
[16:50] | that I would have more respect for you if you were a heroin dealer. | 只是 相比之下我更敬重毒贩子 |
[16:54] | And I’m speaking professionally, not personally. | 我是针对这个职业 不是针对你 |
[16:58] | Okay, Will. | 威尔 |
[17:00] | I’m speaking personally when I say fuck you. | 我却要说句针对你的话 去死 |
[17:03] | And you just passed up a sure thing. | 煮熟的鸭子 你都给放过了 |
[17:06] | – Come on, hear me out. – Don’t touch me. | -别这样 听我说完 -别碰我 |
[17:07] | The real lives of people shouldn’t be used as entertainment. | 私人私事不该被利用来娱乐大众 |
[17:10] | – You can turn this around. – I’m not interested. | -你可以改变风气 -我没兴趣 |
[17:11] | What do you think he’s doing? | 他在干什么 |
[17:13] | Trying to civilize her. | 试着教化她 |
[17:14] | Oh, that’s not gonna work out well. | 怕是不会有好结果 |
[17:18] | Hang on, looks like it’s coming any second. | 等着 结果要来了 |
[17:20] | …that you’re on right now. | …你这种职业 |
[17:23] | There it is. | 来了 |
[17:28] | – Will. – Yeah? | -威尔 -什么事 |
[17:30] | I just wanted to introduce my friend Kaylee. | 这是我的朋友凯莉 |
[17:33] | – I’m a huge fan. – Thank you. | -我是您的忠实粉丝 -多谢 |
[17:36] | I hate to bother you, but do you have a second? | 不想麻烦您 您现在有时间吗 |
[17:38] | I’ve got all the time in the world, Neal. | 我现在有的是时间 |
[17:40] | All right, Bigfoot is real. | 大脚怪是真的 |
[17:43] | – Let me start… – Get the hell away from me. | -我先说说… -马上给我消失 |
[17:46] | No problem. Sorry. Come on. | 明白 抱歉 |
[18:13] | – Yeah? – Have you read the “New York Post”? | -什么事 -你看纽约邮报了吗 |
[18:15] | 纽约邮报专注八卦 读者广但被鄙夷 邮报老板是默多克 因此也偏向共和党 | |
[18:15] | No, my eyes are connected to my brain. | 没 我脑子又没进水 |
[18:17] | I’m not sure about that. | 我有些怀疑 |
[18:20] | Let’s open to Page Six, | 我们来翻开《第六版》 |
[18:23] | which for some reason is on page 10, | 不知怎么 跑去了第十版 |
[18:26] | and see what we find. | 看看有什么 |
[18:27] | The headline, “Anchor Rancor.” | 标题 “怨念的主播” |
[18:29] | – Anchor anchor? – Anchor Rancor. | -远见的主播 -怨念的主播 |
[18:31] | – Anchor anchor. – Rancor. | -远见的主播 -怨念 |
[18:33] | Anchor Rancor. | 怨念的主播 |
[18:35] | Subheader, “Will McAvoy gropes in the New Year.” | 副标题 “威尔·麦卡沃伊 过年不忘非礼” |
[18:38] | What? | 什么 |
[18:39] | “ACN’s newly minted liberal bloviator | ACN新造就的自由主义演讲家 |
[18:42] | made a scene at a private New Year’s Eve party | 在除夕夜派对上撒泼 |
[18:44] | at which our spies caught the reengineered lefty firebrand | 有人目击这位倒戈的左翼枪手 |
[18:47] | making a drunken pass at ‘TMI’ reporter Nina Howard.” | 酒醉后非礼TMI记者妮娜·霍华德 |
[18:51] | Whoa, Nelly! | 给我打住 |
[18:52] | “But the Tea Party foe got a face full of bubbly | 这位茶党仇敌 吃豆腐不成 |
[18:56] | instead of what he was looking for.” | 反被泼了一脸 |
[18:58] | “McAvoy was wearing a $4,000 custom-made tuxedo | 麦卡沃伊身穿价值四千元的定制礼服 |
[19:01] | and a dumb look on his face.” | 呆若木鸡 |
[19:03] | There are a couple of factual errors in that story. | 这篇报道有两大错误 |
[19:05] | Please let there be more than a couple. | 拜托 千万别只有两条 |
[19:07] | First of all, I’m a registered Republican. | 第一 我是注册共和党员 |
[19:09] | I only seem liberal because I believe that hurricanes | 我看着像自由派 是因为我认为 |
[19:12] | are caused by high barometric pressure and not gay marriage. | 导致飓风的原因是高气压 而不是同性婚姻 |
[19:14] | Second, I wasn’t making a pass at her. | 第二 我没有非礼她 |
[19:17] | I was rejecting a pass from her | 而是不让她非礼我 |
[19:19] | while trying to talk her out | 并同时尝试说服她 |
[19:20] | of doing what they call at “TMI” a takedown piece | 不要写TMI所谓的攻击文章 |
[19:22] | of one of the “Desperate Housewives of New Jersey.” | 揭露《新泽西绝望主妇》主演的隐私 |
[19:23] | – “Real Housewives.” – Who gives a shit? | -《新泽西的主妇》 -谁在乎啊 |
[19:25] | – Definitely not me. – And the tuxedo’s off the rack. | -我肯定不在乎 -礼服也不是定制的 |
[19:27] | – Did you grope her? – No! I-I-I… | -你非礼她了吗 -没有 我 我 |
[19:31] | I gently touched her to block her | 我轻轻地碰了她一下 为的是阻拦 |
[19:34] | as she was coming in for a kiss. | 当时她正想亲我 |
[19:36] | I blocked her. | 我阻拦了她 |
[19:38] | I was the victim of an unwanted sexual advance. | 我是这场性骚扰的受害者 |
[19:40] | But more important, I was fighting the good fight. | 但更重要的是 我在为正义而斗争 |
[19:43] | Why were you fighting any fight? | 你斗争个什么 |
[19:44] | I was trying to get her to not write the takedown piece. | 我想劝说她 不要写什么攻击文章 |
[19:46] | – Why? – Why? | -为什么 -为什么 |
[19:47] | – Yeah. – I’ll tell you why. | -对 -我告诉你为什么 |
[19:50] | Because I’m on a mission to civilize. | 因为我要教化众生 |
[19:52] | – How’s it going so far? – Progress is slow, | -进展如何 -不太顺利 |
[19:54] | but I’m in it for the long haul. | 但我做好了打持久战的准备 |
[19:56] | You want Publicity to draft a statement? | 你要公关部起草一份声明吗 |
[19:58] | – About the mission? – The Page Six piece. | -关于我的教化任务 -关于这报道 |
[20:00] | – Absolutely not. – Good. | -清者自清 -好 |
[20:01] | – What did you call me up here for? – Mostly to laugh at you. | -你喊我过来干什么 -主要是嘲笑你 |
[20:04] | But I also wanted to share an observation. | 但我也想和你分享我的一个发现 |
[20:07] | – Go. – You’re dating. | -说吧 -你开始约会了 |
[20:08] | I am. I’ve decided to live my life as if I’m alive. | 没错 我决定要过正常人的生活 |
[20:11] | I am all for it. | 我鼎力支持 |
[20:12] | But I’ve noticed that the women you date all have one thing in common. | 但我发现 你约会的女人都有一个共同点 |
[20:16] | I am a leg man. | 我是大腿控 |
[20:17] | No, these are all women who, | 不 这些女人 |
[20:20] | in a million years, you would not want to spend any daylight hours with. | 就算太阳打西边出来 你也绝不会对他们有感情 |
[20:24] | What do you make of that? | 你有意见吗 |
[20:26] | You’re asking out the wrong women. | 你在和错误的人约会 |
[20:28] | – I’m not an elitist. – Be one. | -我不挑剔 -挑一挑行不行 |
[20:32] | No comment on this shit, Charlie. I’m not kidding. | 谁都不许回应 查理 不开玩笑 |
[20:34] | And I’d also like to know who at my party was tipping Page Six. | 我还想知道 是谁给纽约邮报透的消息 |
[20:37] | – I’ll launch a full-scale investigation. – Thank you. | -我会立案调查 -多谢 |
[20:40] | How much was the tux? | 礼服到底多少钱 |
[20:42] | It was… it was like… | 那个 大概 |
[20:44] | it was 4,000 bucks. | 就是四千 |
[20:52] | Now! | 现在 |
[21:01] | What’s happening now? | 怎么回事 |
[21:02] | In this order, Tess, Tamara, Gary, | 按以下顺序 特丝 塔玛拉 格雷 |
[21:05] | Maggie, Kendra, Martin, Neal, and Jim | 玛姬 肯德拉 马丁 尼尔 吉姆 |
[21:09] | thought it would be funny. | 都觉得这样很好玩 |
[21:10] | – And you? – Peer pressure. | -你呢 -不得已而为之 |
[21:14] | I didn’t grope anybody. | 我没非礼谁 |
[21:16] | I was holding her at bay while I clarified… | 我只是挡着她 同时告诉她… |
[21:18] | it doesn’t matter. I’m on a mission to civilize. | 算了 我是在教化众生 |
[21:20] | – I’m Don Quixote. – I’m Don Quixote. | -我是堂吉诃德 -我才是堂吉诃德 |
[21:23] | Have you even read “Don Quixote”? | 你读过《堂吉诃德》没 |
[21:25] | – In the original French. – It was written in Spanish. | -法文原版 -原版是西班牙文 |
[21:27] | Not my copy. I could have read it in Spanish? | 我那本不是 有西班牙文版可以看 |
[21:29] | You could have read it in English. | 你读英文版还差不多 |
[21:30] | Well, there’s a year and a half of my life I’m not getting back. | 跟你吵架 又浪费了我一年半的生命 |
[21:33] | Sit down. All right. | 坐好了 |
[21:36] | Jim was working on New Year’s Eve on stories we either missed | 除夕夜 吉姆在整理去年被我们忽视 |
[21:40] | or didn’t pay enough attention to in 2010. | 或没有足够重视的一些新闻事件 |
[21:42] | Not all New Year’s Eve. He found some time to take a little break. | 不是整晚 他有休息了一会儿 |
[21:44] | – Pardon? – Nothing. | -什么 -没事 |
[21:46] | We’ll do five minutes a night every night this week. | 本周我们每晚会花五分钟来报道 |
[21:48] | I’ve boiled them down to these and, | 我先精简了一遍 |
[21:50] | Will, you can boil them down to what you want. | 威尔 你再精简你想要的 |
[21:51] | I’m out there on the front lines fighting for civility. | 我身在教化众生的前线 |
[21:54] | You picked her up at a party. | 你是在派对上和她搭讪 |
[21:55] | I didn’t pick her up. I walked up… | 我没有和她搭讪 我只是走上去… |
[21:57] | and can I say in my defense, did you see her legs? | 再说了 你们看她那条腿 |
[21:59] | All right, that’ll do. | 够了 |
[22:01] | First up, the Chilean miners. | 第一条 智利矿工被困 |
[22:03] | 受茶党支持的共和党保守派 2010年参选特拉华州参议员 后落选 | |
[22:03] | We stuck with the Christine O’Donnell debate in Delaware | 当时为报道克里斯汀·奥唐奈的参议院辩论 |
[22:05] | instead of cutting away to the rescue. | 而放弃了矿工救援报道 |
[22:07] | I’ll let everyone know that they came out all right. | 矿工早就已经脱险了 |
[22:09] | You’re the one who wanted these. | 这可是你的主意 |
[22:11] | – Next? – Next. | -下一个 -下一个 |
[22:13] | I wouldn’t mind following up | 我觉得可以跟进报道 |
[22:13] | 理查德·布鲁斯·切尼 小布什时期的美国副总统 就职副总统前 曾是哈利伯顿公司的CEO 尼日利亚起诉切尼和哈利伯顿曾向尼日利亚官员行贿 | |
[22:14] | on the bribery charges Nigeria filed against Cheney. | 尼日利亚向切尼提出的诉讼 |
[22:16] | Next. | 下一个 |
[22:17] | 美国律师 茶党组织”自由中心”的创立者 有人认为 她为了攻击奥巴马的”暴政” 借留言事件把19年前的事翻出来 给自己造势 | |
[22:17] | Conflict of interest with Virginia Thomas and the voicemail message… | 弗吉尼亚·托马斯的留言事件… |
[22:19] | – Next. – Tess? | -下一个 -特丝 |
[22:22] | – Now I’m frightened to say it. – Say it. | -我不敢说了 -说 |
[22:24] | May 27, the iPad was released. Lines went around the block… | 5月27日iPad上市 购买者排起长龙… |
[22:28] | – Get the hell out of the meeting. – Yeah. | -滚出会议室 -好的 |
[22:30] | Sit down. | 坐下 |
[22:31] | Where are the real ones? | 有意义的新闻哪去了 |
[22:32] | The lies. Lies. | 谎言 给我谎言 |
[22:33] | Why doesn’t the news ever call a lie a lie, but we know it’s a lie? | 为什么从没有人在新闻里揭穿那些谎言 |
[22:37] | Jim, Maggie. | 吉姆 玛姬 |
[22:39] | It was during the week of the midterms so we were doing other things, | 我们忙于报道中期选举那周 |
[22:42] | but the idea that Obama spent $200 million a day on a trip to India | 谣言称奥巴马印度之行 每日花费高达两亿 |
[22:45] | is still in the water supply. | 现在还有人在传 |
[22:47] | We could deconstruct how that happened. | 我们可以对此深究一番 |
[22:49] | Sold. What else? | 这个行 还有吗 |
[22:50] | – Guns. – What about them? | -枪支 -接着说 |
[22:51] | Everyone from Wayne LaPierre to Glenn Beck is shouting | 从韦恩·拉比尔到格林·贝克 |
[22:51] | 韦恩·拉比尔: 全国步枪协会执行副主席 格林·贝克: 保守派主播、政治评论员 | |
[22:53] | that Obama is coming to get our guns | 很多人都叫嚣说奥巴马要没收我们的枪支 |
[22:55] | when there’s no evidence to suggest | 却毫无证据显示 |
[22:57] | that Obama’s the least bit interested in our guns. | 奥巴马对我们的枪支有丝毫兴趣 |
[22:59] | Show me the lack of evidence and I’m in. | 证明他们毫无证据 我就做 |
[23:02] | – Anything else? – Yes. | -还有吗 -有 |
[23:06] | I don’t know how else to say this. | 我不知该怎么说 |
[23:09] | – Bigfoot is… – Great. | -大脚怪… -散会 |
[23:11] | Not because they don’t want to limit your rights, | 他们并非不想限制你的个人权利 |
[23:14] | but because they’re afraid of the political consequences. | 他们只是害怕由此所带来的政治后果 |
[23:17] | Coming back to you, Will. | 转回给你 威尔 |
[23:18] | Don’t doubt for a minute that | 千万别被骗了 |
[23:20] | if they thought they could get away with it, | 要是他们认为不会有后果 |
[23:22] | they would ban guns and ban ammunition. | 绝对会立马禁止枪支和弹药 |
[23:25] | Stand by, 177. | 177号带准备 |
[23:26] | That was former governor Sarah Palin | 刚才是前州长萨拉·佩林 |
[23:28] | speaking to the National Rifle Association last year. | 于去年 向全国步枪协会做的演说 |
[23:30] | Here’s Fox News host Glenn Beck on the same subject. | 以下是FOX新闻主播格伦·贝克对此的观点 |
[23:33] | Go, 177. | 进177号带 |
[23:34] | He will slowly but surely take away your gun. | 他会缓慢但毫不手软地夺走你手中的枪支 |
[23:39] | And here’s NRA executive vice president | 接下来是全国步枪协会的执行副主席 |
[23:41] | Wayne LaPierre speaking at CPAC, | 韦恩·拉比尔在CPAC |
[23:43] | the Conservative Political Action Conference. | 即保守派政治行动会议上的发言 |
[23:45] | Go, 178. | 进178号带 |
[23:46] | But it’s a big, fat, stinking lie. | 这是一个弥天大谎 |
[23:50] | Just like all the other lies that have come out | 就像这个腐败的政府所说的 |
[23:52] | of this corrupt administration. | 其它谎言一样 |
[23:57] | Would you put this guy on a list of the top 10 craziest people in politics? | 你觉得他能排进政界疯人榜前十吗 |
[24:01] | That’s a tough list to crack. | 这个榜单还真难排 |
[24:03] | Yeah, I know this looks like a big, juicy rib-eye to you, | 我知道这看着就像肥嫩的牛排一样诱人 |
[24:06] | but show some restraint now and let the facts speak for themselves. | 但你千万要克制 让事实说话 |
[24:09] | – Any other tips? – Try not to get distracted by his legs. | -还有什么建议吗 -别被他的腿吸引 |
[24:13] | – Here we go. – That’s their agenda. | -到你了 -这就是他们的计划 |
[24:16] | And radio host Rush Limbaugh | 广播电台主持人拉什·林堡 |
[24:18] | has repeatedly warned to his listeners | 一再警告听众 |
[24:19] | to go out and buy guns before President Obama outlaws them all. | 趁奥巴马还没禁枪前 赶快去买枪 |
[24:23] | The result? In November 2008, | 结果如何呢 2008年11月 |
[24:26] | the month Mr. Obama was elected, | 奥巴马获选的当月 |
[24:27] | 枪械经销商在卖枪前 需提出申请 由FBI核实枪械购买者有无犯罪记录 | |
[24:27] | there was a 42% spike in gun background checks | 接受”犯罪背景速查”的购枪申请人数 |
[24:30] | as compared to the same month the year before. | 较前一年同期 猛增了42% |
[24:32] | Stand by, G-17 through 22. | G17至22准备 |
[24:33] | The country’s largest anti-gun lobby | 国内最大的反枪支团体 |
[24:35] | is called the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, | “布雷迪防止枪支暴力运动” |
[24:38] | named for James Brady, President Reagan’s press secretary | 名字源于里根的新闻秘书 詹姆斯·布雷迪 |
[24:41] | who was shot in the head during John Hinckley’s | 他在约翰·欣克利对第四十届总统 |
[24:43] | assassination attempt on the 40th president. | 的刺杀行动中 头部中枪 |
[24:46] | The Brady Organization gives grades to elected officials | 布雷迪组织根据本届政府在枪支管理 |
[24:49] | based on their record and | 以及枪支立法方面的表现 |
[24:50] | leadership with regard to gun legislation | 对这届政府进行评级 |
[24:52] | with an “A” Being the most anti-gun and so on. | 按禁枪力度 进行”优良中差”评级 |
[24:56] | In spite of Governor Palin, Glenn Beck, | 尽管佩林州长 格伦·贝克 |
[24:57] | Rush Limbaugh,and the Director of the NRA | 拉什·林堡 以及步枪协会领导人 |
[25:00] | telling us emphatically | 一再地告诫我们 |
[25:01] | that Barack Obama has a secret plan to get our guns, | 奥巴马将秘密地夺走我们手中的枪支 |
[25:04] | here’s the president’s report card. | 总统的绩效如何呢 |
[25:06] | Background checks? F. | 犯罪背景速查 差评 |
[25:08] | Gun trafficking? F. | 非法枪支交易 差评 |
[25:09] | Guns in public? F. | 公共场合携带枪支 差评 |
[25:11] | Federal assault weapons ban? F. | 联邦突击武器禁止法案 差评 |
[25:13] | Standing up to the gun lobby? F. | 对抗枪支游说团体 差评 |
[25:17] | Not only has no attempt whatsoever been made to dismantle | 奥巴马上任后的这两年内 |
[25:20] | the Second Amendment during Barack Obama’s first two years in office, | 不仅没有任何废除第二修正案的意向 |
[25:23] | the president has signed into law more repeals of federal gun policies | 由他签署废除的联邦枪支管理法案数量 |
[25:26] | than George W. Bush did during his entire eight years in the White House. | 超过小布什八年任期内签署的数量 |
[25:31] | In fact, these grades would indicate that President Obama | 事实数据都说明 奥巴马总统 |
[25:34] | is the best friend the NRA has ever had in elected office, | 是步枪协会在历届政府中最好的朋友 |
[25:37] | to say nothing of the Oval Office. | 更不用说与历任总统相比了 |
[25:39] | Why are Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, | 为何萨拉·佩林 格伦·贝克 拉什·林堡 |
[25:42] | and the head of the NRA so colossally lying to you? | 及步枪协会领导人都要骗你呢 |
[25:46] | I don’t know. But I know when they do, | 我也不知道 但我知道在他们的谎言下 |
[25:49] | ratings go up, political contributions go up, | 支持率上升 政治捐款上升 |
[25:52] | membership in the NRA goes up, | 步枪协会的会员数上升 |
[25:54] | the president’s approval rating goes down, | 总统的支持率下降 |
[25:57] | and gun sales go through the freaking roof. | 而枪支销量则大幅飙升 |
[26:00] | We’ll be right back. | 广告后回来 |
[26:10] | You’ll need to get used to dating a guy who gets off work at 9:00. | 你得慢慢习惯和九点才能下班的男人约会 |
[26:14] | Hey, not dating. One date. | 没必要 就这一次而已 |
[26:16] | – No, stop it. – Maggie, I’m not… | -别这么说 -玛姬 我不想… |
[26:17] | – It’s fine. – It’s not in the vicinity of fine. | -别紧张 -怎能不紧张 |
[26:19] | Listen to me. This is crazy. | 听我说 你这样太离谱了 |
[26:21] | – I agree. – Nope, keep listening. | -我也觉得 -听我说下去 |
[26:23] | I have a boyfriend who I love. | 我有心爱的男朋友 |
[26:26] | And I should have fixed you up with Jim a long time ago. | 我早该撮合你和吉姆 |
[26:30] | – Even if that were true– – It is true. | -即便是这样 -就是这样 |
[26:32] | – Even if it was… even if… – It is. It– | -即便是… -就是 |
[26:33] | – Let me talk! – Sorry. | -让我说话 -对不起 |
[26:38] | – He’s… – But it is. | -他肯定会… -就是 |
[26:39] | He’s gonna think I’m dumb. | 他肯定会觉得我很笨 |
[26:44] | No, he’s not. Who told you that? | 他不会的 谁跟你说的 |
[26:46] | No, he’s not. Lis’, you’re not dumb. | 他不会的 利萨 你不笨 |
[26:50] | Look at me. You’re not dumb. | 看着我 你一点不笨 |
[26:53] | You go out with guys who make you feel dumb. | 你以前交往的男人 让你觉得自己笨 |
[26:56] | And Jim’s not like that. | 吉姆不是那样的人 |
[26:58] | That’s one of the things that makes him… | 这也他唯一… |
[27:02] | Trust me. I’ve never been on a date with him, | 相信我 虽然我没约会过他 |
[27:05] | but I imagine… | 但我想象… |
[27:08] | You imagine what and how often? | 你想象什么 经常想象吗 |
[27:10] | That it would be fun… is all I was gonna say. | 我只想说 跟他约会一定很有趣 |
[27:14] | You’re not dumb. | 你不笨 |
[27:19] | I’m just nervous. | 我只是有点紧张 |
[27:21] | I know. Your skirt’s on backwards. | 我知道 你的裙子穿反了 |
[27:24] | Damn it. And this is my field of expertise. | 该死 穿衣打扮还算是我的专长呢 |
[27:27] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[27:38] | Oh! Oh, my God. I’m freezing. | 天哪 我快冻死了 |
[27:41] | I’ve got a real fireplace with real fire. | 我家有真正可以生火的壁炉哦 |
[27:43] | You do? Well, what about some dry clothes I can change into? | 是吗 那有没有能换的干衣服 |
[27:47] | Take whatever you want in the bedroom. It’s right around the corner. | 卧室里随便拿 就在拐角处 |
[27:50] | Not the yellow taffeta sundress. | 别穿那条黄色塔夫绸背心裙 |
[27:53] | This is your fault. | 这都怪你 |
[27:55] | I’m not the one who said, “Let’s walk off dinner.” | 我可没说要”饭后走走 消化一下” |
[27:57] | I had to walk off dinner | 我必须饭后走走 |
[27:58] | because you made me order the $135 macaroni and cheese. | 你逼我点了一份135美元的奶酪通心粉 |
[28:01] | I really wanted to see what $135 macaroni and cheese looked like. | 我实在好奇135美元的奶酪通心粉长什么样 |
[28:05] | – This is a fun date. – It is. | -今天的约会太好玩了 -是啊 |
[28:07] | And it’s the same as Stouffer’s macaroni and cheese | 味道和速食的奶酪通心粉一个样 |
[28:09] | with $134 worth of shaved truffles on top. | 只是多了价值134美元的松露片 |
[28:13] | Sloan said you were fun. Hey, do you like to get high? | 斯隆说你很有意思 你想不想嗨 |
[28:16] | I used to, but I can’t buy pot anymore without it showing up in a newspaper. | 以前常嗨 现在不敢买了 怕上报 |
[28:21] | There’s a joint in the side pocket of my purse. | 我钱包侧边有支大麻烟 |
[28:23] | Get it out. | 拿出来吧 |
[28:26] | All right. | 好 |
[28:41] | – Carrie? – Yeah? | -卡丽 -怎么了 |
[28:44] | Can we talk about the gun that’s in your purse? | 能不能先谈谈你钱包里的枪 |
[28:54] | I’m a southern liberal, dude. | 我是南部自由派 老兄 |
[28:56] | It’s northern liberals who are afraid of sex and guns. | 北部自由派才害怕性和枪支呢 |
[28:59] | Well, both at the same time | 我怕的是两样同时出现 |
[29:00] | and I’m a Republican from Nebraska. | 再说 我是内布拉斯加的共和党人 |
[29:02] | But you mind if I… | 你介意我… |
[29:08] | You’re disarming. Get it. | 你很会缴械 听懂了吗 |
[29:10] | Here’s the thing… | 事情是这样… |
[29:11] | Yeah, yeah, I saw the show tonight. | 我明白 我看了今晚的节目 |
[29:13] | I’m a liberal’s liberal. I worked for Hillary. | 我是自由派里的自由派 我为希拉里工作过 |
[29:15] | You were dead wrong on guns. | 你对枪支问题的意见大错特错 |
[29:16] | I didn’t take a position on guns. | 我对枪支问题不持任何意见 |
[29:17] | I took a position on lying. I came out against it. | 我只是反对撒谎 |
[29:20] | Well, if I’m walking the streets of Manhattan at night | 如果我晚上在曼哈顿的街上走着 |
[29:21] | and a guy your size wants to rape me, | 一个和你体型相仿的男人想强奸我 |
[29:23] | then this is gonna happen. | 我就会这样 |
[29:24] | Actually, statistics show that this is gonna happen. | 其实 数据表明 会是这样 |
[29:31] | Is it wrong that I’m turned on by that? | 我反而兴奋了 是不是很邪恶 |
[29:35] | Yes. | 当然 |
[29:37] | What’d you think of her? | 你觉得她如何 |
[29:38] | Yeah, what’d you think of her, Will? | 是啊 你觉得她如何 威尔 |
[29:41] | Oh, sorry. | 抱歉 |
[29:43] | – She was packing heat. – Didn’t I tell you? | -她身上带枪 -早跟你说她身材很呛了 |
[29:45] | No, Sloan, she was armed. | 不 斯隆 她带着枪 |
[29:49] | …Waverly Inn to my apartment | …从韦弗利酒馆到我的公寓 |
[29:51] | with a loaded .38 caliber Walther PPK/S. | 带着把上了膛的三八口径沃尔特自动手枪 |
[29:55] | – Are you going out with her again? – No. | -你还会约她出去吗 -不会 |
[29:57] | – Oh, you have to. – No, I don’t think so. | -你必须再约她 -我才不 |
[29:59] | 30 seconds. Get your mics on. | 倒计时30秒 把麦克风戴上 |
[30:01] | No, she’s gonna call me and call me | 别啊 她会不停地打我电话 |
[30:02] | asking why you’re not calling her. | 问我为什么你不给她打电话 |
[30:03] | That would happen after a second date, too, wouldn’t it? | 多约一次 会有什么不同吗 |
[30:05] | Listen, just wait a while before you show up | 听着 消停段时间 |
[30:07] | again in Page Six with a different woman. | 再带着其他女人出现在《第六版》 |
[30:09] | She’s super jealous. | 她嫉妒心很重 |
[30:10] | You haven’t seen the crazy side of her. | 你还没见过她抓狂的样子 |
[30:11] | You set me up with a crazy woman who can shoot me. | 你介绍给我一个会崩了我的女疯子 |
[30:13] | “Fatal Attraction” with a concealed carry permit. | 她这是《致命吸引力》手枪升级版 |
[30:13] | 《致命吸引力》讲述男女一夜情后 女子变态般地纠缠男子 片中的”致命”只用到了刀 | |
[30:15] | – I’m tagging you back. – That’s totally fair. | -麻烦丢给你了 -完全接受 |
[30:17] | You’re supposed to be the smartest person on the staff. | 你应该是员工里最聪明的才对 |
[30:19] | – You have two PhDs. – In Economics. | -你是双学位博士啊 -只是经济学 |
[30:22] | This is an area where I do not excel. | 感情方面我可不擅长 |
[30:24] | Oh, thanks for the heads up. | 真是多谢提醒了 |
[30:25] | In three, two… | 三 二… |
[30:29] | Terry Smith is coming up next in Washington with the “Capitol Report.” | 下面由泰利·史密斯为您带来《国会报告》 |
[30:32] | I’m Will McAvoy. Good night. | 我是威尔·麦卡沃伊 大家晚安 |
[30:40] | Good show, everybody. | 节目很棒 伙计们 |
[30:43] | Good show. | 干得好 |
[30:44] | Yeah, I don’t know. | 还不够 |
[30:46] | The economy, we’re still nibbling around the edges. | 经济问题 我们进展很慢 |
[30:51] | We can’t get it all done in one night. | 不可能一晚上全做完的 |
[30:52] | They’re gonna rip Dodd-Frank limb from limb. | 保守派要把多德弗兰克法案大卸八块 |
[30:52] | 金融改革法案 由111届国会提出 奥巴马签署生效 核心内容是在金融系统当中保护消费者 | |
[30:54] | I don’t know how many more nights we have left. | 我们不剩多少个晚上了 |
[30:57] | Hey, speaking… speaking of nights, | 说到…说到夜晚 |
[31:00] | I never asked… I forgot to ask you how your date went. | 我还没…我忘了问你的约会怎样啦 |
[31:05] | It went fine. | 还行 |
[31:08] | Do you think you’ll be seeing her again? | 你还会再约她吗 |
[31:11] | – I don’t think so. – Why? | -不会 -为什么 |
[31:14] | Just one of those things. | 就是那样咯 |
[31:16] | Not a love connection? | 不来电 |
[31:21] | …broccoli, and combine cauliflower and string beans. | …西兰花 再加上花椰菜和豆角 |
[31:25] | So, elephant in the room. | 某件事还是摊开来说比较好 |
[31:28] | Yeah. | 确实 |
[31:29] | When I told my friend I was going out with you tonight, | 当我和闺蜜说 今晚要和你约会 |
[31:32] | she sent me Monday’s Page Six. | 她给我看了周一的《第六版》 |
[31:34] | Okay, I met a woman named Nina Howard at our New Year’s Eve party. | 新年派对上 我遇见一个叫妮娜·霍华德的女人 |
[31:39] | It turned out she writes for “TMI.” | 发现她为TMI写文章 |
[31:41] | I asked her what she was working on, | 我就问她写些什么 |
[31:42] | and she told me she was doing what she called a takedown story. | 她说正在写一篇”攻击文章” |
[31:45] | I’m on a mission to civilize, | 我一心教化大众 |
[31:47] | so I tried to talk her out of it | 就试图说服她别写 |
[31:49] | and she didn’t take it well. | 她接受不了 生气了 |
[31:50] | – A mission to civilize? – I walk a lonely road. | -教化大众 -吾道孤单啊 |
[31:54] | What was the story she was doing? | 她写的是什么内容 |
[31:56] | Um, Brittany DiFranklengonio | 布兰妮什么的… |
[32:00] | from the New Jersey… the Real Naked… | 新泽西的真裸… |
[32:02] | Wait, Brittany Giancarlo? | 什么 布兰妮·詹卡洛 |
[32:03] | That sounds right. | 听着像 |
[32:04] | Yeah, she has a 10-year-old daughter | 她有个十岁的女儿 |
[32:05] | that she allegedly gave to her mother. | 据说给了她妈妈抚养 |
[32:06] | Shut up. | 不是吧 |
[32:09] | And they actually call it a takedown piece. | 他们居然真称之为攻击文章 |
[32:12] | That is so typically Brittany. | 太典型的布兰妮作风了 |
[32:14] | Yeah, it is. | 是啊 |
[32:15] | She had a kid she gave up? | 她有过小孩 又放弃抚养了 |
[32:17] | I have no idea. I don’t even know if the kid is real. | 我不知道 小孩都未必是真的 |
[32:20] | – What I’m talking about… – I knew she was a liar | -我是说 -我就知道她是个谎话精 |
[32:22] | when she didn’t invite Wendy to her game night. | 难怪不请温迪去她的游戏之夜 |
[32:23] | When she got busted, she made everyone lie to cover her ass. | 被发现后 还让在场所有人替她撒谎 |
[32:26] | What kind of person does that? | 什么人呐这是 |
[32:27] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[32:28] | Oh, and she’s having an affair with her yoga instructor. | 她还和瑜伽教练有一腿 |
[32:32] | My therapist told me that. | 我的心理医生告诉我的 |
[32:34] | Your therapist really… | 你的心理医生可真… |
[32:34] | She knows I can keep a secret. | 她知道我口风很严 |
[32:36] | She’s an awesome judge of character. | 她看人可真准 |
[32:38] | – Brittany? – Your therapist. | -布兰妮吗 -你的心理医生 |
[32:39] | – ‘Cause Brittany’s a bitch. – No, you are. | -因为布兰妮是个婊子 -你才是 |
[32:42] | Okay, let’s hold it right there and review the situation | 等等 暂停回顾一下情况 |
[32:45] | because when I said “You,” What I meant was “We.” | 我说”你” 其实意思是”我们” |
[32:47] | I meant I’m not concerned about Brittany. | 我一点都不在意布兰妮 |
[32:49] | She signed up for this. I’m concerned about the rest of us | 她自愿上电视的 我担心的是其他人 |
[32:51] | who are being turned into a bunch of old ladies with hair dryers on our heads | 全都变成了头戴干发帽的老太太 |
[32:55] | gorging ourselves on the staged mis… | 沉迷于别人故意安排的错… |
[32:57] | it’s just… God, it’s so plainly bad, Monica. | 就是…神啊 这样不好 莫妮卡 |
[33:00] | It’s called a guilty pleasure. | 这叫内疚并快乐着 |
[33:01] | The chocolate souffle on this menu is a guilty pleasure. | 菜单上的巧克力蛋奶酥才叫内疚并快乐着 |
[33:05] | The Archies singing “Sugar, Sugar” is a guilty pleasure. | 阿奇乐队唱《蜜糖蜜糖》才叫内疚并快乐着 |
[33:07] | Human cockfighting makes us mean and desensitizes… | 人们争来斗去 变得又刻薄又麻木 |
[33:10] | Wait, are you saying that I’m mean and insensitive? | 等等 你是说我又刻薄又麻木吗 |
[33:13] | You… you are a smart, accomplished woman. | 你…你是个聪颖有成的女人 |
[33:15] | You work for a US Senator. | 并供职于美国议员 |
[33:16] | Am I mean and insensitive? | 我又刻薄又麻木吗 |
[33:18] | Yes, but thank goodness you met me in time. | 是 但所幸你及时遇上了我 |
[33:20] | Because now… | 因为现在… |
[33:29] | I can’t believe how often this is happening. | 这也忒频繁了 |
[33:33] | He said he wasn’t that into her. | 他说了对她没感觉 |
[33:35] | Why are you so eager to make this happen? | 你一个局外人急什么 |
[33:37] | When did you get interested in Jim’s life? | 你怎么突然间这么关心吉姆了 |
[33:39] | Or Lisa’s life? | 或是利萨 |
[33:42] | I just asked how did the date go. | 我就随便问了一句 |
[33:46] | But I’ll tell you what’s strange. | 但有件事很奇怪 |
[33:47] | – What? – Jim’s lying to you. | -什么 -吉姆说谎了 |
[33:50] | About what? | 什么谎 |
[33:51] | Lisa told me they were going out again tonight. | 利萨告诉我 他俩今晚又要约会 |
[33:54] | That’s Lisa saying she’s hoping they go out again tonight. | 利萨的意思是 她希望今晚又能约会 |
[33:57] | – Ah, I misunderstood. – Yeah. | -我误解了 -对 |
[33:59] | Why would Jim lie about that? | 吉姆干嘛要说谎 |
[34:01] | It’s funny, I was wondering the same thing. | 真奇了 我也在想呢 |
[34:02] | Why don’t you give him a call? | 不如你给他打个电话吧 |
[34:03] | I’m not gonna call and check up on him. | 我才不要打电话查岗 |
[34:06] | Then call him and tell him to look on Politico ’cause I’m reading | 那打电话叫他看政客网 |
[34:08] | 共和党人 阿拉巴马州第六选区众议员 选区内富人众多 巴克斯曾因炒股业绩被怀疑内幕交易 后澄清 | |
[34:08] | that Spencer Bachus told his hometown newspaper today | 斯潘塞·巴克斯向家乡的地方报纸表示 |
[34:10] | – that Washington is there to serve the banks. – Seriously? | -政府理应为银行效力 -真的吗 |
[34:13] | – Spencer Bachus is… – I know. Is that a quote? | -斯潘塞是… -我知道是谁 是原话吗 |
[34:17] | “Washington is here to serve the banks.” | “政府理应为银行效力” |
[34:20] | I actually do have to call Jim. It’s an economic story. | 我真的得打给吉姆 是经济新闻 |
[34:23] | That’s what I’m saying. | 没错 打吧 |
[34:28] | Can I see that? | 电脑借我一下 |
[34:31] | – Hello. – Jim, it’s me. | -喂 -吉姆 是我 |
[34:32] | – Yeah? – Did I wake you up? | -什么事 -我吵醒你了吗 |
[34:34] | No. Is everything all right? | 没有 出什么事了 |
[34:35] | Go to Politico. | 上政客网 |
[34:36] | The new Chairman of the House Financial Services Committee | 新任众议院金融服务委员会主席 |
[34:38] | told his hometown newspaper | 向他家乡的地方报纸表示 |
[34:39] | that Washington is here to serve the banks. | 政府理应为银行效力 |
[34:42] | – Bachus? – Yeah. Go to Politico and click on… | -巴克斯说的 -没错 上政客网然后… |
[34:45] | ♬ 如果你想要我 压制不住欲火 ♬ | |
[34:49] | ♬ 宝贝 你就快点告诉我 ♬ | |
[34:53] | ♬ 你若真需要我 就伸出手抚摸我 ♬ | |
[34:59] | – Jim? – Yeah? | -吉姆 -在 |
[35:03] | You know, I’ll talk to you in the morning. | 我还是 明早再和你说吧 |
[35:10] | Something wrong? | 怎么了 |
[35:15] | She should really change her ringtone. | 她真该换个铃声 |
[35:21] | I can’t believe what you just did. | 你居然这么做 |
[35:27] | There is no way I’m the bad guy in what just happened. | 刚才那事 我绝对不是坏人 |
[35:31] | At worst, I’m in fourth place. | 我最多排第四 |
[35:36] | Have I done something wrong? | 我做错什么了吗 |
[35:40] | No. | 没啊 |
[35:43] | Good. | 那就好 |
[35:46] | – “Serial Sleaze.” – I can explain this one. | -“连环酒袭” -我能解释 |
[35:49] | “Will McAvoy is making more news when he’s not behind his desk. | 威尔·麦卡沃伊下班后放出的新闻比节目里还多 |
[35:52] | For the second time in a week, the ACN anchor | 一周内第二次 ACN主播 |
[35:54] | was humiliated by a drink to the face from an unhappy date | 约会时又被泼了一脸酒 |
[35:57] | – when the newly-come-liberal bachelor”… – Registered Republican. | -这位新晋自由派单身汉 -是注册共和党员 |
[36:01] | “Stepped out with a bodacious blonde for a late supper at the Mercer Kitchen. | 与这位金发靓女就餐于梅氏厨房 |
[36:04] | The formerly vanilla host of Atlantis Cable’s flagship program, | 这位原本和气的ACN旗舰节目主播 |
[36:08] | who many believe has become unglued since an appearance | 自去年四月去了一趟西北大学新闻系后 |
[36:10] | at the Northwestern School of Journalism last April, | 形象突然大变 |
[36:13] | seems to like the ladies. | 他似乎很喜欢女人 |
[36:15] | Unfortunately for McAvoy, the ladies don’t seem to like him back. | 很可惜 女士们都不太喜欢他 |
[36:19] | The kicker? Our spies tell us that McAvoy, | 猛料来了 爆料者称 |
[36:22] | who’s reported to earn a mid-seven figure salary, | 有7位数年薪的麦卡沃伊 |
[36:24] | stiffed the waiter on his tip.” | 居然没给小费” |
[36:26] | Are you kidding? We didn’t get past drinks. | 开玩笑 我们连酒都没喝完 |
[36:29] | I threw $100 on the table. | 我在桌上放了100 |
[36:30] | How much is a vodka martini and a pomegranate cosmo? | 一杯伏特加马提尼和一杯石榴科斯莫多少钱 |
[36:33] | Please tell me it was you who ordered the martini. | 千万告诉我 你点的是马提尼 |
[36:35] | Of course I was the one who… yes. | 我当然… 是的 |
[36:36] | Look, she asked me about New Year’s Eve, I told her. | 她问我除夕夜的事儿 我说了 |
[36:38] | And it turns out that she, too, really seems to care about the life of Bethany… | 结果 她居然也对贝瑟妮的私生活感兴趣 |
[36:42] | – Brittany. – DiLaguardiosa. | -是布兰妮 -姓迪拉瓜多斯什么的 |
[36:44] | – No. – How does it get in the paper so fast? | -不是 -怎么这么快就见报了 |
[36:46] | God, these guys are good. | 这些人真要命 |
[36:47] | Well, now we’re putting out a statement. | 这次必须发声明了 |
[36:50] | – No. – Not from you. | -不行 -不用你来 |
[36:51] | – From your spokesperson. – Not from any person. | -找发言人来 -谁也别来 |
[36:53] | Mr. McAvoy has been the victim of a comical series of misunderstandings. | 麦卡沃伊是一系列滑稽误会的受害者 |
[36:58] | No way. However, I want to depose every waiter, | 没门 但我要传召每一个我给过小费的 |
[37:00] | bartender, doorman, and valet to whom I have ever given a tip. | 服务生 酒吧招待 门童 泊车员 |
[37:04] | That might be unrealistic. | 现实一点吧 |
[37:05] | I am beloved in the service industries. | 服务行业爱死我了 |
[37:08] | Hey, I’ve been meaning to ask you, how’s the dating going? | 我一直想问 你约会得如何了 |
[37:11] | You know what? | 我倒是问你 |
[37:12] | How many women did you date before you finally found the one? | 你找到真命天女前谈了多少次 |
[37:15] | Doesn’t matter how many I dated before. | 之前多少次都无所谓 |
[37:17] | I didn’t date anyone after. | 重要的是 之后一次都没有 |
[37:19] | It probably helped that she didn’t pull your heart out, | 你那位又没有把你心掏出来 |
[37:21] | throw it into an oven preheated to 450 degrees, | 扔进450度的烤箱里 |
[37:24] | bake it in a light honey glaze, | 烤到金黄色 |
[37:25] | and serve it to you on a bed of rice. | 再摆到米饭上 端给你吃 |
[37:27] | That’s vivid. | 好生动 |
[37:29] | But you don’t hold onto things. | 可你不记仇啊 |
[37:31] | Why is it taking you so long to… | 怎么这次那么久还没… |
[37:33] | Because it is. | 就是忘不了 |
[37:34] | It doesn’t work like in the movies. | 一点也不像电影里拍的那样 |
[37:36] | It doesn’t work at all. | 根本没用 |
[37:38] | – How sure are you about that? – Please. | -你确定吗 -拜托 |
[37:40] | On the off chance that you’re not going to live forever, | 人有旦夕祸福 |
[37:42] | why not take a shot at being happy now? | 幸福在眼前 就不要错过 |
[37:45] | Can I go do the news? | 我能去工作了吗 |
[37:48] | Yes. | 去吧 |
[37:57] | – Hey, stupid. – Yeah? | -傻帽 -怎么了 |
[37:59] | – What’d I say? – When? | -我怎么跟你说的 -什么时候 |
[38:01] | I said don’t show up in Page Six with another date. | 不要被《第六版》抓到 你和另一个女人约会 |
[38:04] | – You think I phoned this in? – Carrie is freaking out. | -是我爆的料吗 -卡丽都气疯了 |
[38:07] | – Who’s Carrie? – Two nights ago! | -卡丽是谁 -两天前那个 |
[38:08] | Oh, God. What did she say? | 老天 她说什么了 |
[38:10] | That you’re a womanizing asshole and she hates you. | 说你是个玩女人的混蛋 她恨你 |
[38:12] | I wasn’t womanizing. I was dating. | 我不在玩女人 我在找女朋友 |
[38:14] | Well, William, she has a gun and she’s going to shoot you. | 威廉 她有枪 他会崩了你的 |
[38:17] | She’s going to have to shoot you first, Sloan, | 那也是你先死 斯隆 |
[38:19] | because I’m going to use you as a human shield | 因为我会拿你当肉盾 |
[38:21] | because you set me up with Annie Oakley. | 谁让你把安妮·奥克利介绍给我的 |
[38:23] | – You mean Ado Annie? – I mean Annie Oakley. “Annie Get Your Gun.” | -安东·安妮 -《飞燕金枪》的安妮·奥克利 |
[38:23] | 安东·安妮 音乐剧《俄克拉荷马》女主人公 插曲《我是个不会拒绝的女孩》 | |
[38:25] | Ado Annie’s “Oklahoma.” “I’m just a Girl Who Can’t Say No.” | 安东·安妮出自《我是个不会拒绝的女孩》 |
[38:28] | I can’t help you anymore. | 我帮不了你了 |
[38:30] | Damn, ’cause your help’s been invaluable up till now. | 可惜啊 你帮的忙还少吗 |
[38:36] | Are you sure about “Annie Get Your Gun”? | 你确定是《飞燕金枪》吗 |
[38:37] | Yes. | 确定 |
[38:39] | Back in 15 seconds, Will. | 15秒 威尔 |
[38:41] | Try not to date anyone before you’re on the air. | 直播前 别又搞上个女人 |
[38:44] | Copy, Mac. Try not to sleep with your ex-boyfriend while I am. | 收到 我直播时 你别又和前男友搞上 |
[38:46] | In three… | 三… |
[38:48] | He got the better of that exchange. | 被他占了上风 |
[38:50] | Mark Twain said a lie’ll get halfway around the world | 马克·吐温说过 谎言传千里 |
[38:52] | before the truth has time to pull its boots on. | 真相不出门 |
[38:55] | That was literally the case in this story | 下面这条事件 正是绝佳写照 |
[38:57] | we didn’t pay enough attention to in 2010. | 事件发生于2010年 |
[39:00] | President Obama was scheduled to travel to Mumbai | 奥巴马总统将赴孟买 |
[39:02] | to meet with the Indian Prime minister about loosening US trade restrictions, | 会见印度总理 商讨放宽与美交易限制 |
[39:06] | a successful trip that would net our country | 如果此次会议成功 |
[39:08] | $10 billion in export deals and 50,000 jobs. | 我国将收获百亿出口额和五万个工作职位 |
[39:11] | And these overseas trips routinely cost in the area of $5 million a day. | 此类海外会议 每日开销通常为五百万元 |
[39:16] | But on November 2nd of last year, | 但去年11月2日 |
[39:18] | the website for New Delhi TV quoted an anonymous official | 新德里电视台官网引用一名 |
[39:22] | of the Maharashtra Government saying that | 马哈拉施特拉邦政府官员的话 |
[39:24] | President Obama’s trip would be costing $200 million a day. | 称奥巴马总统此行 每日开销为两亿元 |
[39:28] | The Drudge Report posts a link to the story, | “德拉吉报告”转载了这则报道 |
[39:30] | either believing it to be possible or not caring that it isn’t. | 网站是信以为真 还是不在乎真假呢 |
[39:34] | Rush Limbaugh knows this figure can’t possibly be right. | 拉什·林堡明知数字错得离谱 |
[39:37] | But Mr. Limbaugh runs with it anyway. | 却依然广播出去 |
[39:40] | 507 rooms at the Taj Mahal, | 泰姬陵酒店的507间客房 |
[39:42] | 40 airplanes, | 40架飞机 |
[39:45] | $200 million a day | 每天烧钱两亿 |
[39:49] | this nation will spend on Obama’s trip to India. | 奥巴马印度之行 全都由国家买单 |
[39:54] | In spite of there being no source for this information, | 这些消息不但来源不可靠 |
[39:57] | to say nothing of the absurdity of the figure, | 数据本身更是荒诞至极 |
[39:59] | – Fox News grabs the baton. – Ready, SOT 1. | -但FOX新闻依然接过接力棒 -1号带准备 |
[40:03] | So he’s traveling with 34 warships, an entourage… | 随他出行的有34艘军舰 和随从 |
[40:06] | Oh, yeah, and he added 34 warships, | 对了 他加了34艘战舰 |
[40:08] | or 14% of the US Navy. | 相当于14%的海军 |
[40:10] | So he’s traveling with 34 warships, | 随他出行的有34艘军舰 |
[40:13] | an entourage of 3,000 people… | 和三千随从人员 |
[40:16] | Nope. | 又错了 |
[40:17] | He’s staying at the Taj Mahal Hotel, | 他下榻于泰姬陵酒店 |
[40:19] | which they have booked every single room in. | 并包下了所有的客房 |
[40:23] | And he’s doing it $2 billion for 10 days. Why? | 十天的开销高达20亿 为什么 |
[40:28] | So on November 3rd, Matt Lehrich | 于是11月3日 马特·雷里希 |
[40:30] | of the Office of White House Media Affairs says, | 代表白宫媒体事务办公室声明 |
[40:33] | “The numbers reported in this article have no basis in reality.” | “报道的数据并无事实依据” |
[40:37] | Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, | 众议员 米歇尔·巴赫曼 |
[40:39] | founder of the Tea Party Caucus, | 国会茶党党团的建立者 |
[40:41] | who herself has a difficult relationship with reality, | 一个和现实格格不入的人 |
[40:44] | ignores the statement from the White House. | 对白宫的声明听而不闻 |
[40:47] | I think we know that just within a day or so, | 大家知道 一两天后 |
[40:49] | the President of the United States will be taking a trip over to India | 美利坚总统将出访印度 |
[40:52] | that is expected to cost the taxpayers $200 million a day. | 预计每日将花费纳税人两亿美元 |
[40:57] | I think people who willfully, purposefully, | 一些人 出于自身利益 |
[40:59] | and gleefully lie to the American people | 恶意且肆意地欺骗美国民众 |
[41:02] | in order to damage someone’s reputation | 来毁坏某人的声誉 |
[41:05] | should, like a registered sex offender, | 这些人应该像登记在案的性犯罪者一样 |
[41:07] | be required by law to come with that warning label | 受法律要求 在胸前佩戴警示牌 |
[41:11] | for the rest of their lives. | 戴上一辈子 |
[42:10] | – Hello? – Will, it’s Charlie. | -你好 -威尔 我是查理 |
[42:11] | I’m sorry to call early on a Saturday. | 抱歉周六一大早给你打电话 |
[42:14] | – What happened? – Can you come into the office at 11:00? | -怎么了 -你能11点来办公室吗 |
[42:16] | – Yeah. What’s going on? – I’ll see you at 11:00. | -好 怎么了 -11点见 |
[42:26] | Welcome back to “Red Carpet Roundup” | 欢迎回到”红地毯综述” |
[42:28] | where we continue our review of last night’s fashion winners | 我们将继续讨论昨晚人民选择奖的 |
[42:31] | and losers at the People’s Choice Awards. | 时尚赢家与输家们 |
[42:34] | We’ll throw it back to our studio in Hollywood | 让我们回到好莱坞的工作室 |
[42:36] | and Paulita Maya and her team of fashion experts. | 宝丽塔·玛雅和她的时尚专家团 |
[42:39] | Paulita? | 宝丽塔 |
[42:41] | And we’re clear. | 直播结束 |
[42:51] | 与威尔·麦卡沃伊 一夜春宵 性爱 嗑药 玩枪 | |
[43:03] | He’s here. | 他来了 |
[43:04] | Against all instincts of what sanity sounds like, | 违背所有理智的本能 |
[43:06] | I’m here at 11:00 on a Saturday. | 周六11点 我竟然来了 |
[43:08] | – You won’t regret it. – Too late. | -你不会后悔的 -晚了 |
[43:10] | Thank you all for coming. Let me begin. | 感谢大家前来 那我开始了 |
[43:14] | There are 1.7 million known species. | 现有170万种已知生物 |
[43:16] | Biologists estimate this represents | 生物学家预计 |
[43:19] | only a quarter of the total species on the planet. | 这只占了地球总数的四分之一 |
[43:22] | Species diversity is greatest in rain forests, | 物种多样性在热带雨林的体现尤为明显 |
[43:25] | and 75% of all species live in rain forests. | 75%的物种都生活于雨林中 |
[43:29] | So, the argument is | 所以 论点是 |
[43:32] | could there be an apex predator primate, | 是否存在某种灵长类顶级掠食者 |
[43:35] | a missing link if you will, between 6 and 10 feet tall, | 是食物链缺失的一支 有六到十英尺高 |
[43:38] | weighing up to 500 pounds that lives in a dense temperate rain forest? | 重达500磅 居住于茂密的温带雨林中 |
[43:43] | – Jim? – No. Is that it? | -吉姆 -不存在 就这些吗 |
[43:45] | Careful. Sometimes when Jim says no, | 小心 有时候吉姆说”不” |
[43:47] | what he really means is, “I’m sleeping with your roommate.” | 他真正意思是 “我在和你室友上床” |
[43:51] | What’s going on? | 发生了什么 |
[43:54] | I didn’t know you were coming. | 我不知道你要来 |
[43:56] | – I was told to come. – Really? | -有人让我来 -真的吗 |
[43:57] | Charlie called me at 7:00 this morning. | 查理早上七点给我打电话 |
[44:00] | I wonder how that happened. | 我不知情 |
[44:01] | Was I called in on a Saturday for Bigfoot? | 我周六被叫来 听大脚怪吗 |
[44:04] | I think you’re gonna find this interesting. | 你一定会觉得很有趣 |
[44:06] | I think you don’t know what that word means. | 我觉得你不懂”有趣”是什么意思 |
[44:08] | – What are you doing? – You told me to come in. | -这是在干什么 -你叫我来的 |
[44:10] | Not for this. What is this? | 不是为这个 这是什么 |
[44:11] | I’m glad you asked, Charlie. Bigfoot is… | 问得好 查理 大脚怪… |
[44:13] | Ah. Follow me. | 跟我来 |
[44:17] | – I called you in for this. – Oh, shit. | -我叫你来是为这个 -见鬼 |
[44:25] | We need a whole team for this? | 有必要这么多人吗 |
[44:27] | Don’s a good advisor on damage control. | 唐很擅于危机公关 |
[44:29] | – When’s it come out? – It’s out. This is it. | -几时出版 -已经出了 |
[44:31] | You keep guns in your house? | 你在屋里藏枪吗 |
[44:33] | Yeah, a vast collection. | 是 大量的收藏 |
[44:34] | Sometimes to relax I go to the park and shoot dogs. | 需要放松时 我会去公园打只狗玩 |
[44:36] | – I’m just asking. – She had the gun. | -我就问问 -枪是她的 |
[44:38] | Some crazy fucking friend of Sloan’s. | 斯隆的疯子朋友 |
[44:40] | I took out the bullets. | 我清空弹匣而已 |
[44:41] | The highest incidents of Bigfoot sightings have all come | 大脚怪出现踪迹的密集区 |
[44:43] | from the temperate rain forest region | 正是一片温带雨林 |
[44:45] | that stretches from Northern California to Alaska. | 由加州北部延至阿拉斯加 |
[44:48] | Here we find local myths like the Sasquatch and Ts’emekwes. | 那里盛传 野人和大脚怪是真的 |
[44:51] | Here we find local myths like Jim not being a liar. | 这里盛传 “吉姆不是骗子” |
[44:55] | Come with me, please. | 跟我出来 |
[44:56] | – I’m learning things. – Now, please. | -我在学知识呢 -快点 |
[45:05] | First of all, you can’t talk to me like that in front of the staff. | 首先 你不能在大家面前那样和我说话 |
[45:08] | Oh, listen to Mr… | 听听… |
[45:09] | – Mike. – Yeah? | -迈克 -怎么了 |
[45:10] | You got the rest of the afternoon off. | 下午给你放假 |
[45:12] | Maggie’s taking your shift on the assignment desk. | 玛姬接替你的班 守着分配台 |
[45:13] | – You sure? – Go home. | -你确定 -回家去 |
[45:15] | Nice to throw your weight around? | 开始发号施令了啊 |
[45:16] | Yeah. Sit your ass at that desk until 4:00. | 是啊 给我坐过去 四点前不许走 |
[45:19] | That’s number one. Number two, | 这是其一 其二 |
[45:21] | I’m sorry that I lied to you. I didn’t want you to be upset. | 抱歉我欺骗了你 但那是因为我不想你生气 |
[45:24] | – Why did you think I’d be upset? – Because you are! | -我为什么要生气 -你已经生气了 |
[45:26] | Not because you slept with Lisa, because you lied about it! | 不是因为和利萨上床 因为你撒谎 |
[45:29] | Excuse me! This isn’t soundproof glass! | 打扰一下 这不是隔音玻璃 |
[45:37] | It is because I slept with Lisa. | 就是因为我和利萨上床了 |
[45:41] | You’ve never lied to me in all the time we’ve been working together. | 我们合作这么久 你从没对我撒过谎 |
[45:44] | Is that not a little bit… | 你就没有一丁点 |
[45:48] | just a little bit a good feeling? | 一丁点高兴吗 |
[45:50] | That it feels weird that I lied to you? | 你不觉得我会撒谎 很奇怪吗 |
[45:52] | And isn’t it a little bit a good feeling | 你心里就没一丁点高兴 |
[45:56] | that my instinct was to lie? | 我本能地对你撒谎吗 |
[46:00] | I have no idea what you’re talking about. | 我不知道你在说什么 |
[46:03] | It was Don’s idea to fix me up with Lisa, right? | 是唐想撮合我和利萨吧 |
[46:06] | Yes. | 是的 |
[46:07] | And Don was the one who called Lisa when she was at my place? | 那晚 也是唐给利萨打的电话 |
[46:11] | – Yes. – Then I’d ask Don. | -是的 -那你该去问唐 |
[46:14] | ‘Cause he has every idea what I’m talking about. | 因为他很清楚我在说什么 |
[46:21] | I’m sorry I lied. It won’t happen again. | 对不起我骗了你 以后不会了 |
[46:35] | Did you know she was married? | 你知道她是有夫之妇吗 |
[46:36] | She’s been separated for over a year. | 她俩分居一年多了 |
[46:38] | – Did you smoke pot with her? – Yes. | -你俩抽大麻了吗 -是的 |
[46:40] | Did you level a .32 caliber gun at her head? | 你还拿一支32口径的枪指着她的头 |
[46:43] | I was demonstrating… fuck this. | 我是在演示…去它的 |
[46:44] | You’d just done a gun rant that night. | 那晚节目 你刚做了枪支说教 |
[46:46] | Is that what it was, Mac? It was a rant? | 是这样吗 麦肯 是说教吗 |
[46:48] | Does she have a text message from you? | 你还给她发了短信 |
[46:50] | Listen to me. She got jealous | 听我讲 她吃醋了 |
[46:51] | ’cause she read that I went out with someone else the next night. | 因为她发现 我第二晚和别人约会了 |
[46:54] | Then she went to Nina Howard at “TMI,” | 于是去找TMI的妮娜·霍华德 |
[46:56] | who was just waiting for a chance… | 而那女人正想有机会能… |
[46:58] | I knocked Jennifer Aniston off the cover? | 我把詹妮弗·安妮丝顿挤出了封面 |
[47:00] | This isn’t funny, Will. We’re trying to do something here. | 这不好笑 威尔 我们正在干大事 |
[47:03] | All of us. There are guys in here | 所有人 大家都在这 |
[47:05] | on a Saturday doing… what the hell are they doing? | 大周六的在…他们在干嘛 |
[47:07] | They’re learning about Bigfoot. | 了解大脚怪 |
[47:08] | Which, by the way, is what used to be in the tabloids. | 而这种东西 从前可是小报的热点 |
[47:10] | – Bigfoot and Elvis sightings have been replaced… – Whatever. | -大脚怪和猫王出现 已被取代 -管它的 |
[47:13] | We signed up with you and | 我们和你是一伙的 |
[47:15] | no one’s going to hear a word we’re saying. | 我们说的话 没人会听的 |
[47:16] | – Tell me what I did wrong? – How about drugs? | -我做错了什么 -抽大麻 |
[47:18] | I took a hit of a joint in my own home. | 我在自己家抽了一点点而已 |
[47:20] | – The text message. – I’m not telling you what it says. | -短信呢 -我不会说出短信内容的 |
[47:22] | Just tell me if you’d want your mother to read it. | 你只需告诉我 你想不想让你妈看这条短信 |
[47:24] | Yeah, she died 10 years ago and I wouldn’t mind seeing her again. | 她十年前就去世了 我倒是挺想再见见她 |
[47:26] | Here’s what we’re gonna do. You’re gonna go on “ACN Morning.” | 我们这么做 你去参加”ACN早新闻” |
[47:30] | They are going to ask the questions we want them to ask | 我安排他们向你提问 |
[47:33] | and you’re going to give the answers we want. | 你按计划回答就行 |
[47:34] | I’m not doing that. | 我不去 |
[47:35] | – Will. – No, I’m not playing. | -威尔 -不 我不干 |
[47:36] | This is News Corp using their gossip trash to fuck with an anchor. | 是新闻集团利用绯闻 想搞臭我这个主播 |
[47:40] | News Corp doesn’t own “TMI.” We do. | TMI不属于新闻集团 是我们自己的 |
[47:42] | – I’m talking about… – Wait! | -我是说… -等一下 |
[47:46] | Wait. | 等一下 |
[47:54] | Wait. | 等一下 |
[47:56] | The tuxedo. The $4,000 tux. | 那套4000元礼服 |
[47:59] | You didn’t buy it off the rack, did you? | 你不是买现成的 对吧 |
[48:01] | – What does… – Just tell me. | -这有什么.. -回答我 |
[48:07] | You’re my boss and I make a lot more money than you do. | 你是我的头儿 可我比你赚得多 |
[48:10] | That makes me uncomfortable. | 我过意不去 |
[48:11] | – No, the tux was made for me by Armand… – Armand Felini. | -没错 礼服是阿曼德 -阿曼德·费里尼 |
[48:16] | Yeah, how did you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[48:17] | ‘Cause Leona Lansing gave me the same Christmas present last year. | 莉安娜·兰辛去年送了我同样的圣诞礼物 |
[48:21] | A custom-made tuxedo from Armand Felini. | 由阿曼德·费里尼定制的礼服 |
[48:25] | This isn’t News Corp. | 这不是新闻集团的报复 |
[48:29] | It’s us. It’s AWM. | 是我们自己人 AWM |
[48:34] | That’s how Nina Howard knew how much the suit cost. | 所以妮娜·霍华德才知道礼服的价钱 |
[48:40] | Why would our parent company… | 为什么总公司… |
[48:41] | I had a meeting I never told you guys about the day after election night. | 选举夜第二天我开了个会 没告诉你们 |
[48:49] | Leona’s really pissed | 莉安娜非常生气 |
[48:50] | that you’re shooting at Tea Party congressmen | 因为你向茶党议员开炮 |
[48:52] | and senators she has to do business with. | 而这些人和她有生意往来 |
[49:00] | How pissed? | 有多生气 |
[49:03] | I’m not asking him to lie. | 我不要求他说谎 |
[49:04] | I’m not asking him to cover anything up. | 我不要求他掩盖事实 |
[49:07] | But he’s gonna tone it down or I’ll fire him. | 但他得低调下来 不然我炒了他 |
[49:09] | Well, best of luck trying to program against him. | 祝你好运 找到能跟他竞争的节目 |
[49:13] | I won’t have to. | 不需要 |
[49:14] | He’s got a non-compete clause in his contract. | 他的合同里有非竞争条款 |
[49:17] | He’s got to stay off television for three years. | 他三年内不能上电视 |
[49:19] | – That’s a death sentence. – It is. | -这等于是死刑 -没错 |
[49:22] | How would you possibly explain | 你要怎么解释 |
[49:25] | firing the second most watched anchor on cable? | 解雇收视率第二的有线电视主播 |
[49:28] | By creating what we call a context. | 制造所谓的”背景” |
[49:32] | His firing would be viewed as an honorable step | 他的解雇 会被看作公司 |
[49:34] | by a corporation willing to sacrifice ratings for integrity. | 为保节目公正 而牺牲收视率的高尚之举 |
[49:38] | How could you not tell me about that meeting? | 你怎么可以不告诉我 |
[49:41] | – I should have. – You think? | -我应该说的 -废话 |
[49:42] | – I should have. – This is a huge line that’s being crossed. | -我该说的 -你实在是太过分了 |
[49:45] | – I made that clear to her. – A huge… | -我跟她讲得很清楚 -太… |
[49:47] | how many times in the last six months | 这半年我问了你多少次 |
[49:48] | have I asked if we’re all right on the 44th floor? | 44楼对我们有什么意见 |
[49:50] | Will, I love you, but you’ve got clay feet | 威尔 我敬重你 但你太容易退缩 |
[49:53] | and I needed to keep you in the chair. | 而我需要你继续做下去 |
[49:55] | Oh, thanks for the confidence. | 多谢你的信任 |
[49:56] | Can we get back to damage control? | 我们能回到危机公关吗 |
[49:57] | – “ACN Morning” Monday. – Hang on. | -周一的”ACN早新闻” -慢着 |
[50:01] | You’d never allow a non-compete clause in your contract. | 你不可能允许有非竞争条款 |
[50:03] | You couldn’t stay off the television for five minutes. | 你离开电视台五分钟都活不下去 |
[50:05] | It got… put in. | 是…后加的 |
[50:08] | When? | 几时 |
[50:12] | When, Will? | 几时 威尔 |
[50:17] | When I renegotiated my contract. | 我重新谈合同的时候 |
[50:19] | To be able to fire me at the end of each week. | 为了能每周末炒我 |
[50:22] | Yeah. | 是 |
[50:33] | Jesus Christ, how much do you hate me? | 天哪 你那么恨我吗 |
[50:35] | I don’t hate you. | 我不恨你 |
[50:36] | You allowed a non-compete clause in your contract? | 你居然允许加入非竞争条款 |
[50:39] | Three years? You were willing to stay off TV for three years? | 三年哪 你愿意离开电视台三年 |
[50:42] | When was the last time an anchor stayed off TV for three years | 有哪个主播离开电视台三年 |
[50:44] | and ever came back? | 还能再回来的 |
[50:46] | Have revenge sex with every woman in the Tri-State area | 你想睡遍三州地区的女人 来报复我 |
[50:50] | for all I care, but keep it out of the goddamn newspapers. | 没问题 但别上报行不行 |
[50:52] | – Some of us have moved on. – Yeah, you mentioned that. | -某人已经放下了 -没错 你说过 |
[50:55] | I can leave. You can do the same show with another producer. | 我可以走 你换个制片人一样能做好 |
[50:58] | – We can have that discussion. – Why don’t we have it now? | -可以谈谈 -现在就谈 |
[51:00] | Yeah. | 好 |
[51:01] | Yeah, some of us moved on three and a half years ago | 某人三年半以前就放下了 |
[51:04] | and forgot to tell me! | 却忘了告诉我 |
[51:13] | The vast majority of this rain forest is unexplored | 人类对这片雨林开伐了100年 |
[51:16] | despite almost 100 years of commercial logging. | 但其大部分区域 都还未有人踏足 |
[51:19] | I would add that renowned primatologist Jane Goodall is also a believer, | 著名灵长类动物学家简·顾达尔 也相信大脚怪 |
[51:23] | given the cryptozoological history of the lowland gorilla. | 考虑到低地大猩猩的神秘历史 |
[51:26] | But she’s not alone in this scientific field. | 不只是她一个人相信而已 |
[51:29] | Due to frequent yeti sightings… | 因为经常有人看到雪人… |
[51:31] | ♪When you try your best, but you don’t succeed♪ | ♪ 你竭尽全力 却无能为力 ♪ |
[51:38] | ♪When you get what you want♪ | ♪ 得到自己想要的 ♪ |
[51:40] | Heads up! | 有情况 |
[51:44] | – What’s going on? – All hands! | -怎么了 -全体开工 |
[51:45] | There’s been a shooting in Tucson and a congresswoman, | 图森市发生了枪击案 女议员 |
[51:48] | Gabrielle Giffords, has been shot in the head. | 加布里埃尔·吉福德斯 头部中枪 |
[51:49] | This is Martin at the ACN newsroom. | 我是ACN新闻的马丁 |
[51:51] | I was wondering if you have a comment on the shooting? | 请问你对枪击事件有何看法 |
[51:53] | – Get me our Tucson affiliate. – It’s Charlie Skinner. | -给我接图森市分部 -我是查理·斯金纳 |
[51:55] | New York Control is breaking in in 15 minutes. | 15分钟后插播突发新闻 |
[51:57] | – Tess! – Yeah? | -特丝 -什么 |
[51:59] | – I’m giving you a phone number. – Okay. | -给你个电话号码 -好 |
[52:01] | Quickly. Lt. Harvel Shansky, | 快点 副队长哈维尔·善仕奇 |
[52:03] | Tucson PD. 8-4-6… | 图森警局 846… |
[52:06] | ♪When you lose something you can’t replace♪ | ♪ 当你失去无可替代的东西 ♪ |
[52:13] | ♪When you love someone but it goes to waste♪ | ♪ 当你爱上某人 却得不到回应 ♪ |
[52:19] | ♪Could it be worse?♪ | ♪ 还能更糟么 ♪ |
[52:22] | Gary, I need to be able to talk to a goddamn correspondent on the ground. | 格雷 快给我找一个现场特派员 |
[52:26] | – The shooter’s in custody. – Who is he? | -枪手已被羁押 -他是谁 |
[52:27] | How’d they get him? | 怎么抓到他的 |
[52:29] | ♪Lights will guide you home♪ | ♪ 明灯会指引你回家 ♪ |
[52:37] | ♪And ignite your bones♪ | ♪ 点燃你的每寸骨头 ♪ |
[52:41] | Everybody up! Up, up! | 大家快上 上 上 |
[52:42] | …recording their next album without Maines. | …在没有麦恩斯的情况下录制新专辑 |
[52:44] | We’ll get the inside scoop from Natalie herself. | 接下来由娜塔莉亲自送上内部消息 |
[52:48] | ♪To fix you♪ | ♪ 抚慰你 ♪ |
[53:02] | ♪And high up above or down below♪ | ♪ 不管身处高低 ♪ |
[53:10] | ♪When you’re too in love to let it go♪ | ♪ 当你坠入爱河 无法自拔 ♪ |
[53:16] | ♪But if you never try you’ll never know♪ | ♪ 若从不尝试 又怎会知道 ♪ |
[53:23] | ♪Just what you’re worth♪ | ♪ 你能做些什么 ♪ |
[53:33] | ♪Lights will guide♪ | ♪ 明灯会指引你 ♪ |
[53:37] | We’re cutting into our program with breaking news. | 插播一条突发新闻 |
[53:39] | A local Tucson newspaper is reporting that Arizona Congresswoman | 据图森当地报纸报道 亚利桑那州众议员 |
[53:42] | Gabby, Gabrielle Giffords has been shot | 盖比 加布里埃尔·吉福德斯 |
[53:45] | while holding a public event in Tucson outside a grocery store. | 在一食品店外举行公共活动时遭到枪击 |
[53:48] | Possibly as many as 12 others have been rushed to an area hospital… | 可能已有多达12人被送往当地医院 |
[53:52] | We’re now learning that | 据我们了解 |
[53:53] | three members of Gabrielle Giffords’ staff were among those wounded and | 吉福德斯的三名工作人员也受了伤 |
[53:56] | rushed to University Medical Center in Tucson. | 已被送往图森大学医疗中心 |
[53:59] | Does he have an arrest record? | 他有逮捕记录吗 |
[54:00] | They’ve had him for over an hour now. | 抓到他已经一小时了 |
[54:01] | How can they not know who he is? | 怎会还不知道他是谁 |
[54:02] | He’s not going on the air with maybe. | 他不可能在直播时说”也许” |
[54:05] | – Jim. Jim. – No, an arrest record. | -吉姆 吉姆 -不 逮捕记录 |
[54:07] | Okay, can you tell me if the | 好的 你能告诉我 |
[54:08] | congresswoman’s district office has received any threats? | 议员的区办公室是否收到过任何恐吓 |
[54:10] | Jim, NPR is saying she’s dead. | 吉姆 NPR报道说她死了 |
[54:17] | – Anyone else? – No. | -其它台呢 -没有 |
[54:19] | Then she’s not dead yet. | 那她还没死 |
[54:23] | If you’re just joining us, | 如果你刚打开电视 |
[54:24] | a gunman in Arizona… | 一名枪手于亚利桑那… |
[54:26] | Fox, MSNBC, and CNN are all calling it. | FOX MSNBC CNN都报了 |
[54:29] | Let me hear MSNBC. | 给我听MSNBC |
[54:31] | …A sole source of information | …一位独家线人 |
[54:33] | that reports that the Arizona congresswoman | 告知 亚利桑那州众议员 |
[54:36] | Gabrielle Giffords has been killed | 加布里埃尔·吉福德斯 |
[54:39] | in this heinous attempt on her life. | 在这场滔天罪行中被夺去生命 |
[54:42] | Joey. | 乔伊 |
[54:56] | Get me some official confirmation or I’m not calling it right now. | 没有官方证实 我是不会报的 |
[55:00] | Why hasn’t he called it yet? | 他为什么还不报 |
[55:02] | I don’t have time right now. | 没功夫理你 |
[55:04] | Jim, why hasn’t he called it? | 吉姆 他为什么还不报 |
[55:06] | – Gary, I need him in the hospital. – He’s there. | -格雷 叫他去医院 -已经到了 |
[55:08] | CNN, MSNBC, and FOX say she’s dead. | CNN MSNBC FOX都说她死了 |
[55:10] | They’re all going off the same NPR report. | 他们都是从NPR获得的消息 |
[55:12] | – I’m not satisfied. – I don’t give a shit if you’re satisfied. | -我不满意 -我管你满不满意 |
[55:14] | What the hell is he… hey! | 他想干什… 嘿 |
[55:16] | We’re going to show you now | 现在为您播报 |
[55:17] | an interview Gabrielle Giffords gave just last year. | 加布里埃尔·吉福德斯去年的一段采访 |
[55:19] | This is Congresswoman Giffords. | 她就是吉福德斯议员 |
[55:21] | – 30 seconds. – What’s going on? | -30秒 -怎么了 |
[55:23] | I’ll call security. | 我会叫保安的 |
[55:24] | Every second you’re not current, | 你每拖延一秒 不报最新消息 |
[55:25] | 1,000 people are changing the channel to the guy who is. | 就有一千人转去其它台 |
[55:28] | That’s the business you’re in. | 这是行业现实 |
[55:31] | MSNBC, FOX, and CNN all say she’s dead. | MSNBC FOX和CNN都说她死了 |
[55:34] | Don, tell him. | 唐 告诉他 |
[55:36] | Don! | 唐 |
[55:38] | It’s a person. | 她是人 |
[55:40] | A doctor pronouncers her dead, not the news. | 医生才能宣布她死亡 新闻不能 |
[55:56] | Back in five, four… | 五 四… |
[56:05] | What we know so far is that Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords | 目前的消息是 加布里埃尔议员 |
[56:08] | and 12 others were shot when a gunman opened fire | 与其余12人 在亚利桑那州图森市 |
[56:11] | at a local town hall in Tucson, Arizona. | 召开市民大会时 遭到枪击 |
[56:13] | ♪Tears stream down your face♪ | ♪ 泪水滑下沾湿你面颊 ♪ |
[56:17] | ♪When you lose something♪ | ♪ 当你失去那些 ♪ |
[56:20] | Is he overhearing it or is he at the hospital? | 他是听别人说的 还是在医院看到的 |
[56:22] | – She’s alive! – Who’s telling you that? | -她还活着 -谁告诉你的 |
[56:24] | The anesthesiologist. She’s being prepped for surgery. | 麻醉师 她正准备手术 |
[56:26] | I’ve got her alive! | 我这儿说她还活着 |
[56:27] | NPR called it wrong. She’s alive. | NPR报错了 她还活着 |
[56:30] | She’s alive. | 她还活着 |
[56:32] | Will. | 威尔 |
[56:33] | All right, we’re learning now that Giffords is being prepped for surgery | 最新消息 吉福德斯正准备进行手术 |
[56:36] | and we have our ACN affiliate at University Hospital now. | 下面连线大学医疗中心的ACN特派员 |
[56:39] | – What can you tell us? – Will… | -请给我们说说 -威尔… |
[56:42] | Mac, get in here with Charlie right now. | 麦肯 你和查理马上进来 |
[56:44] | – Is everything… – Right now! | -怎么… -快点 |
[56:57] | You tell Leona that if she wants me out of this chair, | 告诉莉安娜 她想把我从这椅子上拉下来 |
[56:59] | she better bring more than just a couple of guys. | 她最好多找些人 |
[57:01] | That’s exactly what I’ll fucking tell her. | 我会他妈原原本本告诉她 |
[57:03] | I’m not fucking around, Charlie! | 我不是在开玩笑 查理 |
[57:04] | Feet the fucking steel! | 真汉子 |
[57:06] | – Mac. – I’m sorry. | -麦肯 -对不起 |
[57:07] | – It’s not your fault. – I fucked everything up! | -不是你的错 -我把一切都搞砸了 |
[57:09] | – It’s gonna be all right. – What the fuck is going on? | -会没事的 -这他妈是怎么了 |
[57:11] | You’re a fucking newsman, Don! | 你他妈是个真正的新闻人 唐 |
[57:13] | I ever tell you otherwise, you punch me in the face! | 我再说你不是 你就来捶我脸 |
[57:17] | Okay, but you’re back in 30. | 行 你还有30秒 |
[57:19] | Back in 30. | 30秒 |
[57:24] | Joey. Just breathe regular. | 乔伊 稳住呼吸 |
[57:33] | ♪The tears stream down your face♪ | ♪ 泪水滑下沾湿你面颊 ♪ |
[57:39] | ♪I promise you I will learn from my mistakes♪ | ♪ 我保证我会吸取教训 ♪ |
[57:43] | This is a sketchy description of the procedure they’ll be trying. | 这是医生准备要做的手术大纲 |
[57:46] | Hey. When this is over, | 嘿 等这些都结束了 |
[57:48] | let me see the Bigfoot presentation. | 让我看看大脚怪的介绍 |
[57:50] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[57:51] | I think I need some consulting on what’s real and what’s not. | 我需要有人帮我分辨真假 |
[57:55] | Okay, I think you’ll find that there’s some striking evidence… | 我想你会发现有力证据指出… |
[57:57] | – Not now. – Stand by, camera 1. | -不是现在 -一号机准备 |
[57:59] | – Right. – In three, two… | -好 -三 二… |
[58:02] | Thank you, Tom. | 谢谢 汤姆 |
[58:03] | Let’s put together what we know. | 我们把所知的总结一下 |
[58:04] | A little after noon today, Congresswoman Gabby Giffords | 今日正午过后 议员加布里埃尔·吉福德斯 |
[58:07] | was shot while holding a town hall meeting in Tucson, Arizona. | 在亚利桑那图森市的市民大会上遭到枪击 |
[58:10] | Along with Giffords… | 与吉福德斯一起的… |
[58:14] | ♪And I will try to fix you♪ | ♪ 我会试着抚慰你 ♪ |
[58:23] | 枪击事件导致19人受伤 6人丧生 包括一名九岁儿童 女议员吉福德斯近距离中枪 子弹穿头而过 经过大力抢救后 奇迹生还 | |
[58:35] | 枪击事件造成很大轰动 政府官员纷纷表示 将重新审视目前的枪支管理法律 考虑立法 \h\h\h\h\h\h\h\h禁止向民众出售大容量弹匣 \h\h\h\h\h\h\h\h禁止在联邦官员300米范围内携枪 | |
[58:46] | 美国人爱枪 控枪法案在美国几乎是寸步难行 2012年 多场枪击惨案发生后加强枪支管制的呼声高涨 随着时间流逝 冷静之后 法案的支持率开始下滑 之前提出的多项控枪法案 无一通过国会 |