时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:47] | How did you get this number? | 你怎么拿到我电话号码的 |
[01:48] | – That’s not important. – It’s important to me. | -这不重要 -我觉得很重要 |
[01:51] | Charlie, this is the first of several calls | 查理 这是我们建立联系的第一通电话 |
[01:53] | and its only purpose is to demonstrate my credibility as a source. | 只为证明我作为线人的可靠性 |
[01:57] | How about you tell me your name? | 那你应该把名字告诉我 |
[01:59] | Call me Deep Throat. | 叫我”深喉”就好 |
[02:00] | I’m not calling you Deep Throat. | 我才不会叫你”深喉” |
[02:02] | That’s a sacred pseudonym. | “深喉”是个神圣的化名 |
[02:03] | And by the way, Deep Throat gave Woodward | 再说 深喉在给伍德沃德的 |
[02:06] | his name on the first call. | 第一通电话里就自报了身份 |
[02:08] | He said, “Hi, this is Mark Felt. | 他说 “你好 我是马克·费尔特 |
[02:11] | I’m the deputy director of the FBI | 我是联邦调查局副局长 |
[02:13] | and I want to talk to you about this story you’re writing.” | 我想跟你谈谈你的报道” |
[02:16] | – So who is this? – I don’t care what you call me. | -你到底是谁 -随你怎么称呼 |
[02:19] | Call me late for dinner. | 叫我不速之客好了 |
[02:20] | I’m not calling to give you a tip. | 这通电话不是给你提供消息的 |
[02:21] | I’m simply establishing my credibility. | 只为建立我的可信度 |
[02:24] | But you’re not establishing your credibility. | 你有在建立可信度吗 |
[02:25] | – I’m about to. – Go ahead. | -少安毋躁 -说吧 |
[02:28] | In roughly 90 minutes, you’re going to get an email from the White House | 大约90分钟后 你会收到白宫的电邮 |
[02:31] | telling you to get to work. | 让你开始工作 |
[02:32] | – I am? – That’s it. | -是吗 -我说完了 |
[02:35] | Should I be telling people to get to work now? | 我该让手下 马上行动起来吗 |
[02:38] | – And do what? – You tell me. | -做什么 -你告诉我啊 |
[02:40] | If I could, I would have already. | 我若能告诉你 早就说了 |
[02:42] | I’m not trying to play a game. | 我不是在逗你玩 |
[02:44] | I have 7:30. | 现在是七点半 |
[02:46] | At 9:00 Eastern, you’re going to get an email | 东部时间九点 你就会收到来自 |
[02:48] | from White House Press Secretary Jay Carney | 白宫新闻发言人杰·卡尔尼的电邮 |
[02:50] | telling you to get to work. | 让你开始工作 |
[02:51] | And when that happens, you’ll know that I was for real. | 那时 你便知我所言不虚 |
[02:54] | – Is anyone in danger? – No. | -谁出什么事了吗 -没有 |
[02:56] | If someone’s in danger and you’re not telling… | 如果有人出事了 你却不告诉… |
[02:58] | No one’s in danger, Charlie. This isn’t a scary call. | 谁都没出事 查理 这不是恐吓电话 |
[03:01] | I’m just establishing my credibility. | 我只是在建立可信度 |
[03:03] | Why? Why do you need me to believe you’re credible? | 为什么 你为什么要我觉得你可信 |
[03:08] | Hello? | 喂 |
[03:16] | – What was that? – I don’t know. | -什么事 -我也不知道 |
[03:17] | You should probably say a few words. | 你应该说两句 |
[03:19] | – Really? – Yeah. | -真的吗 -是的 |
[03:21] | – What do I say? – What do you want to say? | -说什么 -你想说什么 |
[03:22] | “Please get out of my home”? | “请从我家滚出去” |
[03:23] | Everyone, Will wants to say a few words. | 各位 威尔要和大家说两句话 |
[03:27] | I really don’t. But here you all are | 我没啥好说的 但你们都在 |
[03:30] | in my apartment, socializing. | 在我家 社交玩乐 |
[03:32] | Coworkers, friends, family… | 同事 朋友 家人 |
[03:35] | in my apartment | 在我家 |
[03:37] | just like in my nightmares. | 跟我噩梦里一样 |
[03:39] | This is a party to celebrate the one year and one week anniversary | 今晚的派对是为了庆祝”晚间新闻”2.0 |
[03:42] | of what we used to call “News Night” 2.0. | 一年零一周的纪念日 |
[03:45] | Remember that? | 还记得吗 |
[03:47] | I think we’re up to about “News Night” 174.0, | 算下来已经快要”晚间新闻”174.0了 |
[03:50] | but I’m confident we’re gonna get it right one of these days. | 但我相信 有朝一日我们会功德圆满 |
[03:53] | So have a good time at the party. | 大家尽兴地玩 |
[03:55] | And please, please know, from the bottom of my heart, | 最后 容我说句心里话 |
[03:58] | that I’m not gonna think it’s rude if you leave early. | 我绝不会怪罪大家提前离开 |
[04:03] | – Good? – Goose bumps. | -怎样 -鸡皮疙瘩一地 |
[04:05] | Resume being here. | 接着玩吧 |
[04:08] | Okay, this is an Australian actress. | 这是位澳大利亚女演员 |
[04:10] | – Nicole Kidman. – No, she was in “Spiderman.” | -妮可·基德曼 -错 她演过《蜘蛛侠》 |
[04:12] | – Time. – Let me see. | -时间到 -我看下 |
[04:14] | It’s Christian Bale. | 答案是克里斯蒂安·贝尔 |
[04:15] | English, “Batman,” | 人家是英国人 演的是《蝙蝠侠》 |
[04:17] | And a man. | 而且是个男的 |
[04:19] | Who am I thinking of? | 那我描述的是谁 |
[04:20] | ♪ Sunshine go away today… ♪ | ♪ 阳光今天要离开 ♪ |
[04:24] | – Up chickens. – Down chickens. | -抬爪 -放爪 |
[04:26] | – It’s not there. – Not there. | -不在这儿 -不在这儿 |
[04:28] | – It’s not there. – Not there. | -不在这儿 -不在这儿 |
[04:34] | ♪ How much does it cost? I’ll buy it ♪ | ♪ 需要多少钱 我买了 ♪ |
[04:38] | ♪ The time is all we’ve lost, I’ll try it ♪ | ♪ 失去的只是时间 我认了 ♪ |
[04:41] | ♪ He can’t even run his own life ♪ | ♪ 他连自己的人生都无法掌控 ♪ |
[04:44] | ♪ I’ll be damned if he’ll run mine ♪ | ♪ 又如何来掌控我的人生 ♪ |
[04:48] | ♪ Sunshine ♪ | ♪ 阳光 ♪ |
[04:50] | ♪ Sunshine go away today ♪ | ♪ 阳光今天要离开 ♪ |
[04:53] | ♪ I don’t feel much like dancing… ♪ | ♪ 我不想跳舞 ♪ |
[04:55] | Just to be clear for you youngsters, | 跟你们这些孩子说清楚了 |
[04:58] | this isn’t recreational. It’s medicinal. | 这不是用来爽的 而是医疗用品 |
[04:59] | When I was a junior in high school, | 我上高二的时候 |
[05:01] | I was already throwing a 74-mile-an-hour fastball, | 就能投出时速74英里的快速球 |
[05:03] | which puts a lot of stress on your landing leg. | 给落地腿造成很大压力 |
[05:05] | I also have epicondylitis in my elbow | 我肘部还有上髁炎 |
[05:07] | due to my mess-you-up breaking ball. | 因为我经常投出迷惑性的曲线球 |
[05:09] | You know, if you just want to bake, that’s okay with me. | 你想嗑就嗑 不用解释 |
[05:11] | You don’t need to go to WebMD to come up with symptoms. | 不用去WebMD找症状瞎编 |
[05:14] | I don’t want to bake. | 我不想嗑 |
[05:14] | I’m telling you I was an awesome high school athlete, | 都跟你说了 我高中时是体育健将 |
[05:16] | but it’s left me in constant physical pain in my knee and elbow. | 但是膝盖和手肘留下了永久的伤病 |
[05:19] | And experts say that medical marijuana relieves the pain and inflammation | 专家说 医用大麻能缓解疼痛和炎症 |
[05:22] | with fewer side effects than prescription pain killers. | 副作用还少过处方的止痛药 |
[05:24] | – Which experts? – The ones on WebMD. | -哪个专家 -WebMD上的 |
[05:26] | Anyway, thank you and thank your friend in LA | 总之 谢谢你和洛杉矶的朋友 |
[05:29] | for getting this for me. | 给我弄来这个 |
[05:30] | No problem. He said they’re pretty strong. | 小意思 他说这玩意儿很强劲 |
[05:32] | So you should just break off a quarter and eat that. | 掰四分之一吃就够了 |
[05:34] | And when this guy says they’re strong, they’re strong. | 他说强劲的话 就是真的很强劲 |
[05:37] | I ate two. | 我吃了两块 |
[05:40] | Okay. Well, enjoy yourself | 好吧 尽情享受吧 |
[05:43] | and we’ll see you in 12 to 14 hours. | 我们12到14小时后再见 |
[05:44] | It’s fine. I have incredibly high tolerance. | 没事的 我的耐药性特强 |
[05:47] | That’s why I can’t feel the Vicodin. | 维柯丁[止痛药]吃了完全没感觉 |
[05:49] | You took Vicodin and then ate two cookies? | 你服了维柯丁 还吃了两块吗 |
[05:51] | He’s fine. You’re fine. | 他没事 你没事的 |
[05:54] | Just stay away from anything dangerous. | 离危险物远点 |
[05:56] | Electricity. You know, outside. | 别碰电器 别出门 |
[05:59] | I’m fine. I don’t feel it at all. | 我好得很 一点感觉都没有 |
[06:00] | – You will. – We’ll see. | -会有的 -走着瞧 |
[06:02] | My body has the physical tolerance of 10 men. | 我身体的耐药性是普通人的十倍 |
[06:04] | Doctors have called me a medical marvel. | 医生都说我是医学奇迹 |
[06:06] | Yeah, I’d just lie down. | 你还是乖乖躺着吧 |
[06:07] | But if you want to see a real marvel, | 你要是真想见识奇迹 |
[06:09] | Kaylee is going to play Jim at Guitar Hero | 凯莉要跟吉姆比”吉他英雄” |
[06:10] | and Kaylee is gonna be blindfolded. | 凯莉还要蒙住眼睛 |
[06:12] | – You should come watch. – I will. | -你应该去看看 -我会的 |
[06:17] | Look at this. It’s from Mike Tapley. | 看这个 麦克·塔普莱发来的 |
[06:18] | “I’m available. Call me.” | “我有空 打给我” |
[06:20] | That’s how you ask someone out? | 哪有这么约人的呀 |
[06:22] | “I’m available. Call me.” | “我有空 打给我” |
[06:24] | What time do you have? | 你的表几点了 |
[06:26] | 8:25. | 8点25 |
[06:42] | Ooh, boo, I just buzzed. | 我手机响了 |
[06:43] | Can you check my phone? It’s in my back pocket. | 帮我看一下 在后面口袋里 |
[06:46] | It might be Jim’s mom begging me to stop. | 可能是吉姆妈妈求我停下来 |
[06:48] | I can play an actual guitar. | 我会弹真的吉他 |
[06:50] | All you have to do is declare my supremacy and I’ll stop. | 你只要认输求饶 我就停了 |
[06:51] | It’s your incoming Twitter feeds. | 是推特订阅来了 |
[06:53] | Oh, read them to me. | 念给我听 |
[06:54] | And someone tell me if Jim’s holding back tears. | 吉姆是不是在强忍泪水 |
[06:56] | Someone named Monster has a link to some epic photographs. | 一个叫怪兽的 贴了几张巨牛的照片 |
[07:00] | Steve Martin says, “I like my antiques new.” | 史蒂夫·马丁说 “古董还是新的好” |
[07:04] | And the Rock’s tweeting, | 巨石强森的推特说 |
[07:04] | 巨石强森: 德威恩·约翰逊 演员、摔角选手 共拿下16次世界级职业摔角比赛的冠军 | |
[07:05] | “Just got word that will shock the world. | “刚听说了震惊世界的消息 |
[07:07] | Land of the free, home of the brave. | 自由之土 勇士之家 |
[07:08] | Damn proud to be an American.” | 当美国人真他妈骄傲” |
[07:09] | I guess “Fast Five” just won the weekend. | 看来《速度与激情5》这周票房称霸了 |
[07:11] | No, that means he’s coming back. | 不 说明他要回归擂台了 |
[07:15] | The Rock is coming back to lay the smack down on Triple H. | 巨石强森要回来击败三H |
[07:15] | 保罗·麦可·李维斯克 职业美式摔角手 3H由他早年使用的擂台名Hunter Hearst Helmsley缩写而成 | |
[07:19] | Stop playing. You lost like 10 minutes ago. | 别玩了 你十分钟前就输了 |
[07:29] | Somebody said you were in here working on a Sunday night | 有人说你周日晚上在这工作 |
[07:31] | during a party and I had no trouble believing it. | 还是在派对时间 我丝毫不惊讶 |
[07:34] | I was just securing the video overnights. | 我在监督通宵视频 |
[07:36] | It’s okay. | 没什么的 |
[07:39] | It’s weird how the video overnights | 好奇怪 怎么通宵视频 |
[07:41] | look so much like the Mets-Phillies game. | 看上去那么像棒球赛 |
[07:43] | Isn’t it? | 是吗 |
[07:45] | – It’s Lisa. You should take it. – It’s okay. | -是利萨 你接吧 -没关系 |
[07:47] | She’s supposed to be here. Maybe something happened. | 她早该到了 可能出了什么事 |
[07:49] | I’m sure she’s just blowing up her hair. | 她八成是在炸头发 |
[07:51] | – Blowing out her hair? – Is that what it is? | -是”吹”头发 -是这么说吗 |
[07:53] | Yeah. Take the call. | 是的 快接呀 |
[07:55] | I think she’s gone. | 她好像已经挂了 |
[07:56] | Hi, Lis’. | 利萨 |
[07:59] | Hey, did I call the wrong computer? | 我打错了吗 |
[08:00] | No, your man is right here. | 没 你男人在这儿 |
[08:02] | – He was just watching some porn. – Nope. | -他在看黄片 -没有 |
[08:03] | – Where are you? – Five minutes away. | -你在哪 -还有五分钟 |
[08:05] | I’m walking. I’ve got FaceTime on my phone. | 我正在一边走一边手机视频 |
[08:07] | Can you see me? | 看得到我吗 |
[08:07] | You should be looking in front of you | 走路时应该看着前面 |
[08:09] | while you’re walking or you’re gonna… | 否则容易… |
[08:11] | – Are you okay? – No worries. No worries. | -你没事吧 -没事 |
[08:13] | – Okay, have a good night. – You okay? | -祝夜晚愉快 -你没事吧 |
[08:15] | Yeah, I walked into a pedestrian who also has FaceTime on his phone. | 没事 我撞上了一个也在电话视频的人 |
[08:18] | Please don’t cross any streets. | 千万别过马路 |
[08:19] | I was gonna call you and then I saw you were online. | 我本想打电话 正好看到你在线 |
[08:21] | – Aren’t I coming to a party? – Absolutely. | -你们不是在派对吗 -当然 |
[08:23] | – I just needed to do some work. – Watch some porn. | -我有点工作要做 -看黄片 |
[08:26] | Mets-Phillies? | 棒球赛吧 |
[08:27] | Only to check the score. | 只是看一下比分 |
[08:27] | Hey, check it out. I’ve got a new expression I want to try. | 听好了 我要试个新词 |
[08:30] | You ready? It’s a gas. | 准备好了吗 “碉堡了” |
[08:31] | – I like it. – Try it. | -我喜欢 -说说看 |
[08:33] | – It’s a gas. – Nope. Terrible. | -碉堡了 -烂死了 |
[08:35] | You can’t do it. I’m almost there. | 你说不出感觉 我快到了 |
[08:36] | – It’ll be a gas. – Seriously, no. | -碉堡了 -真的不行 |
[08:38] | – All right. – All right, I’ll be there in a minute. | -好吧 -好吧 我马上到 |
[08:40] | – I love you. – And I do, too. | -我爱你 -我也是 |
[08:49] | Yeah, maybe if you stare at that piece of paper long enough, | 你就一直盯着那张纸吧 |
[08:52] | the time will reverse itself | 也许时间就会倒流 |
[08:54] | and the last 10 seconds will be erased from the universe. | 把刚才那10秒从宇宙中抹去 |
[08:56] | All right, first of all, | 好吧 首先 |
[08:57] | can we agree that sometimes | 我们能不能达成共识 |
[08:59] | being this connected by technology does more harm… | 科技把人拉近 其实坏处比… |
[09:02] | I love you and I do, too? | “我爱你” “我也是”吗 |
[09:04] | Here’s what happened. Lisa told me she loved me last night. | 事情是这样的 昨晚利萨跟我说她爱我 |
[09:08] | – She did? – Yes. | -她说了 -对 |
[09:09] | – She does that too early. – I completely agree. | -她一向说得太早 -完全同意 |
[09:12] | Save your agreement | 同意个屁 |
[09:13] | ’cause I don’t think we’re gonna be on the same side on this one. | 我才不会跟你统一战线 |
[09:15] | How do you feel about that? | 你对此有何感觉 |
[09:16] | Her? How do you feel about her? | 她 你对她有何感觉 |
[09:19] | – I don’t feel the same way. – You don’t? | -我还没到那一步 -你没到 |
[09:21] | I like her. She’s really nice | 我喜欢她 她人很好 |
[09:23] | and really funny and incredibly sexy. | 非常有趣 而且特别性感 |
[09:27] | Really very sexy with the sexiness that… | 太性感了 她那性感的… |
[09:30] | – I get it. – And I like the new expression. | -明白了 -我也喜欢她的新词 |
[09:32] | – It’s a gas. – Don’t even. | -碉堡了 -闭嘴吧 |
[09:35] | – But I don’t love her. – You don’t? | -但是我不爱她 -真的吗 |
[09:37] | No. | 真的 |
[09:38] | So what did you say when she said, “I love you”? | 那她跟你说”我爱你”后 你说什么了 |
[09:40] | – I said, “I love you, too.” – Of course you did. | -我说 “我也爱你” -猜到了 |
[09:42] | Anything else seemed rude. | 说别的都很没礼貌 |
[09:44] | And then you just told her again. | 而你刚才又说了一遍 |
[09:46] | No, what I said was, “And I do, too.” | 没有 我刚才说”我也是” |
[09:48] | Which means that I love me. | 意思是我爱我 |
[09:50] | And I do. I look in the mirror and I like what I see. | 我确实爱我 每次照镜子我都特愉悦 |
[09:53] | I’ve been on a journey of self-discovery | 最近我一直在探寻自我 |
[09:55] | to answer the question who is Jim Harper… | 吉姆·哈珀到底是谁 |
[09:57] | – Shut up. – Okay. | -闭嘴 -哦 |
[09:59] | You can’t keep telling her you love her if you don’t. | 你不爱她 就不能一直说爱她 |
[10:01] | Which is why, frankly, i would have preferred not to take the call. | 所以我刚刚 才不愿接电话 |
[10:04] | You think blaming me is gonna be a winning strategy? | 你以为把责任推给我 有用吗 |
[10:06] | – No. – What are you gonna do now? | -没 -你现在怎么办 |
[10:09] | Well, obviously I have to leave the country. | 显然 我得潜逃出国 |
[10:10] | – You have to break up with her. – Why? | -你得和她分手 -为什么 |
[10:13] | You can’t have a relationship | 这么做行不通 |
[10:15] | where one person’s here and the other person’s there. | 你们俩[的心]不在一块儿 |
[10:19] | Really? Where’s Don? | 是吗 唐在哪 |
[10:21] | Don’s on a plane back from DC. | 唐正从华盛顿飞回来 |
[10:23] | And was that a dig wrapped in a metaphor? | 你这是挖苦加比喻吗 |
[10:25] | – No. – I think it was a dig wrapped in a metaphor. | -不是 -这就是挖苦加比喻 |
[10:27] | – I have to break up with her? – Yes. | -我非得和她分手吗 -没错 |
[10:30] | You don’t think that’s gonna | 我刚说完我爱她 |
[10:31] | come as a surprise after I told her I loved her? | 就提出分手 她不会措手不及吗 |
[10:32] | I do, yes. | 当然会 |
[10:34] | I think it’ll be a surprise. | 她会措手不及 |
[10:36] | I’ll write her a nice letter. | 我还是给她写封信吧 |
[10:37] | – No. – Everybody likes getting mail. | -不行 -人人都喜欢收到信 |
[10:38] | You’re not overseas fighting World War I. | 你又不是参加一战的士兵 |
[10:41] | You have to do it in person and you have to do it tonight. | 必须当面分手 而且是今晚 |
[10:43] | – In the middle of a party? – No. | -开派对的时候 -不是 |
[10:45] | When she gets here, you’ll tell her you’d like to take a walk. | 等她来了 你就跟她说想出去散步 |
[10:47] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[10:49] | – And she’s not that sexy. – Yeah, she is. | -而且她也没那么性感 -她就是性感 |
[10:51] | Just because of her sweet face? | 就因为她脸长得好看吗 |
[10:54] | Yeah, that’s it. | 对 没错 |
[10:56] | – I think… – It’s from Mike Tapley. | -我觉得… -是麦克·塔普莱 |
[10:58] | “I’m available. Call me.” | “我有空 打给我” |
[11:00] | Why would Tapley want me to call him? | 塔普莱为什么要我打电话给他 |
[11:02] | I mean, I get that she has physical attributes that are prized by… | 我明白她身材很好… |
[11:05] | Hey. Tapley? Our own National Security analyst. | 是塔普莱 台里的国家安全分析员 |
[11:09] | Stay here and look around and find out what he’s talking about. | 坐下 弄清他在说什么 |
[11:12] | – Where do I start? – Start by emailing him back | -从哪着手 -先给他回邮件 |
[11:14] | and asking, “What are you talking about?” | 问他 你在说什么 |
[11:16] | Do not take a tone with me, “American Gigolo.” | 不许对我颐指气使 美国舞男 |
[11:18] | I wasn’t tak… | 我没有… |
[11:24] | – Hey, listen. – Sing more. | -听着 -再唱一曲吧 |
[11:26] | No, I just got a strange email from Mike Tapley. | 不要 我刚收到麦克·塔普莱发的奇怪邮件 |
[11:29] | – So did I. – It said, “I’m available. Call me.” | -我也是 -上面说”我有空 打给我” |
[11:31] | Why is he hitting on both of us? | 他为什么要同时勾引我们俩 |
[11:35] | He’s not hitting on either one of you. | 他不在勾引你们 |
[11:39] | He’s saying he’s available to go on the air. | 他是说 他可以上节目 |
[11:42] | – For what? – When? | -为什么 -什么时候 |
[11:43] | – Now. – What are you talking about? | -现在 -你在说什么 |
[11:46] | Wait for it. | 等着瞧 |
[11:58] | – “Get to work.” – Who’s it from? | -开工 -谁发来的 |
[12:00] | The White House. What does yours say? | 白宫 你那上面写的什么 |
[12:02] | “POTUS to address the country at 10:30 EST | 总统将在东部时间十点半 |
[12:05] | on matter of national security.” | 就国家安全问题发表讲话 |
[12:10] | Hang on. | 等下 |
[12:13] | – It’s Kaylee, right? – What’s wrong? | -你叫凯莉对吧 -什么事 |
[12:16] | The Rock, he has a cousin who’s a Navy SEAL? | 巨石强森有个在海豹突击队的兄弟吧 |
[12:19] | – Yeah. – And tell me what his tweet said. | -对 -告诉我他推特写了什么 |
[12:26] | “Just got word that will shock the world. | “刚听说了震惊世界的消息 |
[12:28] | Land of the free, home of the brave. | 自由之土 勇士之家 |
[12:30] | Damn proud to be an American.” | 当美国人真他妈骄傲” |
[12:31] | – He’s coming back to avenge Triple H. – No, he’s not. | -他要回来找三H报仇 -不是 |
[12:33] | Everybody, quiet down. | 大家 安静一下 |
[12:36] | Will, turn off the music. | 威尔 把音乐关了 |
[12:39] | Turn it off. | 关音乐 |
[12:40] | Martin, throw me the remote. It’s right next to you. | 马丁 把遥控器扔过来 在你边上 |
[12:47] | You’re fine. | 没事 |
[12:49] | Martin, throw me the remote. It’s right next to you. | 马丁 把遥控器扔过来 在你边上 |
[12:54] | The president’s speaking in 90 minutes | 总统将于90分钟后 |
[12:56] | on a matter of national security. | 就国家安全问题发表讲话 |
[12:57] | That’s all we know right now. | 目前只知道这些 |
[12:59] | 30 minutes from now, I want to know a lot more than that. | 半小时之后 我需要更多消息 |
[13:03] | Four people to a cab. Let’s go. | 四人一辆出租车 出发 |
[13:06] | What do you think it is? | 你觉得是什么事 |
[13:08] | It could be Gaddafi. It could be Iran. | 可能是卡扎菲 可能是伊朗 |
[13:09] | They could have fired on a ship in the Gulf. | 可能攻击了海湾的军舰 |
[13:11] | Jimmy Carter just got back from North Korea. | 吉米·卡特刚从朝鲜回来 |
[13:13] | He could have learned something. We could be under attack. | 他可能知道些什么 我们或许被攻击了 |
[13:15] | But what do you think it is? | 但你觉得会是什么 |
[13:17] | I think we got bin Laden. | 我认为是抓住了本·拉登 |
[13:21] | – How many people does your lift hold? – What? | -你家电梯能装几个人 -什么 |
[13:23] | Your elevator, how many people can it hold? | 电梯 一次能运几个人 |
[13:25] | – Six. – Call down to the doorman. | -六个 -给门卫打电话 |
[13:27] | – Just up and down, no stops. – Yeah. Lonny! | -直上直下 中间别停 -好 朗尼 |
[13:29] | I’m bringing the car around. You stand in the lobby. | 我去开车 你在大厅等我 |
[13:32] | – Do not go out on the sidewalk. – Yeah. | -别到外面去 -明白 |
[13:34] | Guys, get Lonny in the elevator. | 各位 让朗尼上电梯 |
[13:36] | – Right. – What is going on? | -你来了 -怎么回事 |
[13:39] | There’s breaking news and we don’t know what it is, | 突发新闻 但还不知道具体是什么 |
[13:41] | but the president’s gonna go on TV at 10:30. | 总统将于10点30发表电视讲话 |
[13:43] | – You don’t know what it is? – No. | -不知道是什么吗 -不知道 |
[13:44] | Can I come watch? I’ll sit in the corner. | 我能一起去吗 坐在角落就行 |
[13:46] | Sure. Yeah. But once you’re there, | 当然 不过一旦你到了那里 |
[13:47] | you can’t leave and you can’t communicate with anyone. | 你就不能走了 也不能和任何人联络 |
[13:49] | Okay. What do you think is going on? | 没问题 你觉得是什么事 |
[13:51] | We don’t know. But I have to be honest, | 不知道 但说实话 |
[13:53] | it can only be very good or very bad. | 不论好坏 一定是天大的消息 |
[14:00] | It’s almost, I don’t know. It’s almost… | 就像是 就像是… |
[14:01] | – Like she’s trying too hard. – Yeah. | -她在努力掩饰 -对 |
[14:03] | Like she’s trying too hard to show you everything’s fine. | 她在努力掩饰 想让你觉得一切正常 |
[14:05] | It’s almost like that. It’s right near being like that. | 差不多就是这样 |
[14:07] | What are you guys talking about? | 你们在聊什么呢 |
[14:08] | – Don thinks that Maggie… – Too loud. | -唐认为玛姬 -太大声了 |
[14:10] | – is trying too hard to create the appearance… – Way too loud. | -在努力制造假象 -太大声了 |
[14:12] | …that she’s happy in their relationship. | 假装和唐在一起很快乐 |
[14:13] | Full plane. Man sitting right here. | 全飞机都听到了 |
[14:14] | You’ve been yammering about your love life for two weeks. | 你抱怨情感问题足足两个礼拜了 |
[14:16] | Wow, also bizarrely loud. | 你也这么大声 |
[14:16] | 自1920年起 白宫于每年4月的最后一个周六 举办一次白宫记者晚宴 正副总统通常会出席 | |
[14:16] | Including last night’s Correspondents’ Dinner. | 昨晚在记者晚宴上还在抱怨 |
[14:17] | I’m a financial news reporter and the Secretary of the Treasury turned around | 我是财经记者 财政部长转过身来 |
[14:20] | and said, “When’s he gonna shut up about Maggie?” | 却问我 他能不能闭嘴别再提玛姬 |
[14:23] | That was really embarrassing for me | 太让我难堪了 |
[14:24] | and it came right after I accidently set him on fire. | 而我刚刚不小心把他点着了 |
[14:26] | Hey, don’t turn on your phones yet. We haven’t touched the ground. | 别开手机 还没降落呢 |
[14:29] | I turn mine on at 500 feet. | 离地500英尺时 我就开机了 |
[14:30] | I turn mine on when I see someone else turn theirs on. | 我看到有人开机 我也就开了 |
[14:32] | It messes with the navigation. | 手机会干扰导航系统 |
[14:33] | The runway is right in front of him. | 跑道就在飞行员眼前了 |
[14:35] | Do you use your car’s navigation system | 你开车从车道进车库时 |
[14:36] | to get from your driveway to your garage? | 还会用导航吗 |
[14:38] | I don’t have a driveway, a garage, or a car, | 我家没车道 没车库 也没车 |
[14:40] | but why don’t we assume the pilot knows… | 就当是飞行员知道… |
[14:42] | Hey, sir, can you take his phone away? | 先生 麻烦您能拿走他的手机 |
[14:43] | He’s endangering your life and the lives of the other passengers. | 他危害到了你和其他乘客的安全 |
[14:46] | I’m not. I’m not. | 我没有 没有 |
[14:47] | She set the Treasury Secretary on fire. | 她把财政部长点着了 |
[14:50] | – It’s true. – Why? | -是真的 -为什么 |
[14:52] | Just to show the other cabinet secretaries that I could. | 为了向其他内阁部长展示才艺 |
[14:58] | Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to New York’s LaGuardia Airport | 女士们先生们 欢迎来到纽约拉瓜迪亚机场 |
[15:01] | where the current time is seven minutes past 9:00. | 当地时间 9点07分 |
[15:04] | – We ask that you… – You okay now? | -请您… -现在行了吧 |
[15:06] | Or are you worried he can’t find the airport from here? | 难道你还担心飞行员找不到机场 |
[15:08] | I’m all about safety. | 我是为安全着想 |
[15:09] | Yeah, I’m sure if we went to the burn unit, | 我确定 如果咱们现在去烧伤病房 |
[15:11] | Timothy Geithner would say that… damn it. | 盖特纳部长一定会说… 该死 |
[15:13] | My phone was on the whole time. It’s out of juice. | 我的手机一直开着 没电了 |
[15:15] | Could you guys scroll through your messages | 你们快查查信息 |
[15:17] | and see if there’s anything I need to know? | 看有没有什么重要的事 |
[15:18] | It’s my daughter. “Daddy, are you the smartest man in the world?” | 我女儿 “爸爸 你是世上最聪明的人吗” |
[15:21] | – Yes. – Scroll. | -我是 -下一条 |
[15:23] | “Miss Sabbith, a lady always buttons her top button. | 莎碧斯小姐 淑女永远都会系上领扣 |
[15:26] | If you buttoned your collar on television, you would be a lady. | 若能在电视上系上领扣 你就是淑女了 |
[15:29] | If you spilled water all over your front, | 但如果你被水洒湿了胸口 |
[15:31] | I would like that, too.” | 我也会喜欢 |
[15:34] | It’s a fan. | 一个粉丝 |
[15:36] | – Scroll, scroll. – Shit. | -下一条 下一条 -妈呀 |
[15:39] | Jesus. | 上帝啊 |
[15:40] | Hey, do you have this? | 你有这条吗 |
[15:44] | Excuse me, would you mind just switching seats with that woman? | 打扰一下 能和那位女士换一下座位吗 |
[15:47] | We’re almost at the gate. | 快到登机口了 |
[15:48] | I know it sounds crazy, but would you do it for me? | 看在我的份上 帮我个忙吧 |
[15:50] | Well, can I get your number? | 能给我你的电话号码吗 |
[15:52] | – No. – Sure. I will give you her number. | -不能 -当然 我给你她的号码 |
[15:53] | – If you’d just give me a chance… – How old are you? | -你就给我个机会嘛 -你多大了 |
[15:55] | – I’m old enough. – I will give you a chance. | -足够大了 -我会给你机会 |
[15:58] | Your first test is will you | 你的第一项考验就是 |
[16:00] | switch seats without asking for anything in return? | 能不能换个座位 而不求回报 |
[16:02] | – Yes. – Excuse me. | -好 -打扰一下 |
[16:05] | You have to stay seated until we’re at the gate. | 飞机着陆前 你们必须在座位上坐好 |
[16:07] | – Points for trying? – Throw me your phone. | -我心意到了 -把你电话扔给我 |
[16:09] | – You think they’re still at the party? – Not anymore. | -你觉得他们还在派对吗 -不会了 |
[16:11] | Guys, wait till we’re off the plane. | 两位 等下了飞机再说吧 |
[16:12] | There’s just too much we don’t know | 现在消息太少了 |
[16:14] | and too many words we don’t want to say out loud. | 而且不方便大声说出来 |
[16:16] | – What’s going on? – See? | -出什么事了 -瞧 |
[16:17] | No, I mean the plane’s stopping. | 我是说 飞机怎么停了 |
[16:19] | Ladies and gentlemen, this is the captain. | 女士们先生们 我是机长 |
[16:21] | Well, no good deed goes unpunished. | 好事多磨 |
[16:24] | We arrived 10 minutes early and | 我们提前十分钟到达 |
[16:25] | ground traffic control doesn’t have a gate for us. | 但地勤没有可用的登机口给我们 |
[16:27] | No, no, no. | 别 别啊 |
[16:29] | It’ll be just a few minutes and then we’ll have you on your way. | 请大家稍等几分钟 |
[16:31] | All right, you guys mind switching seats now? | 好了 你们可以换座位了吗 |
[16:33] | Remember, I’ve already proven myself with the first test. | 记住 我已经通过第一项考验了 |
[16:35] | Excuse me. | 不好意思 |
[16:37] | – You have to stay seated. – But we’re stopped. | -你应该坐下 -但飞机已经停了呀 |
[16:39] | We’re still on the taxiway. | 我们还在滑行道上 |
[16:42] | You have to stay seated until the captain turns off the seat belt sign. | 机长关闭安全带指示灯前 请坐在座位上 |
[16:45] | Ma’am, this is a bit of an emergency. | 我们有点急事 |
[16:47] | Sir, FAA rules require passengers to stay seated… | 先生 联邦航空局规定 |
[16:49] | – Sure. – …with their seat belts fastened | -当然 -在安全到达登机口 |
[16:51] | until we’re safely at the gate and the captain… | 机长关闭安全带指示灯之前 |
[16:53] | – Got it. – …has turned off the seat belt sign. | -明白 -我们必须系上安全带坐好 |
[16:55] | It’s not just for your safety. | 这不仅是为你的安全 |
[16:56] | You could fall into one of the other passengers. | 你有可能倒在其他旅客身上 |
[16:58] | – Understood, ma’am. – Please don’t make me tell you again. | -明白了 -请不要让我再讲一次 |
[17:00] | If I can just say this: we’re stopped. Right? | 我想说的是 飞机已经停了 |
[17:03] | And the pilot just said that it would be a few minutes. | 飞行员说需要等几分钟 |
[17:05] | Now, if the plane does start moving while my colleague and… | 就算我同事和这位 |
[17:08] | – Lester. – …Lester are changing seats, | -莱斯特 -莱斯特换座位时飞机突然启动 |
[17:11] | it’ll be going two miles an hour. | 时速也不过两英里 |
[17:13] | Up there, you let us stand and move around | 而在天上时 你却允许我们起来走动 |
[17:14] | and we were going like 550. | 飞行时速高达550英里 |
[17:16] | So I thought maybe we could apply logic and see where that took us. | 所以 或许我们该讲讲道理 |
[17:21] | Insulting me is not gonna help you out much. | 羞辱我也是无济于事的 |
[17:23] | I wasn’t insulting you. | 我没有羞辱你 |
[17:24] | I can’t get anybody to answer their phone. | 我联系不到任何人 |
[17:26] | You’re calling people who are on the subway. | 你联系的人都在地铁里 |
[17:27] | Call people who are in taxis. | 打给搭计程车的人 |
[17:28] | You have to let us off this plane. | 让我们下飞机吧 |
[17:30] | I’m not letting you unbuckle your seat belt. | 我都不让你解开安全带 |
[17:32] | You think I’m letting you off the plane? | 你觉得我会让你下飞机吗 |
[17:34] | If you know what we know… which is nothing… | 你要是知道我们知道的事 其实没事 |
[17:37] | you’d be behind us and they’d be behind us | 你一定会支持我们 他们也会 |
[17:40] | and I think later on tonight you’re gonna be saying, | 而且晚些时候 你就会说 |
[17:42] | “I wish I’d been more cooperative with that passenger.” | “我应该对那位旅客更宽容一点的” |
[17:44] | I think later on tonight you’re gonna be saying, | 我想晚些时候 你会说 |
[17:46] | “These handcuffs hurt my wrists.” | “手铐好痛啊” |
[17:49] | All right, she’s not easy. I need information now. | 算了 她真难缠 我需要消息 |
[17:51] | If they knew more, they’d be telling us, right? | 他们查到了 就会告诉我们的 |
[17:53] | We’ll keep calling the desk, | 我们会继续给公司打电话 |
[17:54] | but I think we’re just gonna have to wait. | 但目前也只能等待了 |
[17:56] | Waiting, patience… words like that, always my last option. | 等待 耐心这类词 永远是下下策 |
[17:59] | Borrow somebody’s phone and start dialing. | 借个电话 赶紧多找人问问 |
[18:02] | Lester. | 莱斯特 |
[18:06] | Andy, listen, most of my staff are kids. | 安迪 我的员工大多是孩子 |
[18:07] | Five years ago, half of them were editing their college newspapers. | 一大半的人 五年前还在搞校报 |
[18:10] | – Will, we can’t… – You just got to give me a little guidance. | -威尔 我们不能 -给我些提示 |
[18:11] | We think it’s bin Laden. | 我们认为是本·拉登 |
[18:12] | If we’re wrong, just wave me off. | 如果不是 就给我打个手势 |
[18:14] | I can’t do any waving. | 我打不了手势 |
[18:16] | All right, we’re gonna do a Carl Bernstein from “All the President’s Men.” | 那就学《水门事件》里的卡尔·伯恩斯坦 |
[18:18] | I’m gonna say it’s bin Laden and I’m gonna count to 10. | 我说是本·拉登 然后数十下 |
[18:21] | If you don’t say anything, that’s what we’re pursuing. | 你若一声不吭 我们就跟进下去了 |
[18:23] | Ready? One… | 准备好了吗 一 |
[18:26] | two… | 二 |
[18:30] | Wait a second. That’s where they fucked up in the movie. | 慢着 电影里他们就是这样搞砸了的 |
[18:31] | – I’ve got to go, man. – No, he didn’t… | -我得挂了 -不 他没有… |
[18:33] | the guy misunderstood the directions. | 是那家伙理解出了问题 |
[18:35] | Andy? | 安迪 |
[18:39] | We’re not moving. | 堵死了 |
[18:41] | – There’s construction. – On a Sunday night? | -前方施工 -周日晚上施工 |
[18:43] | They do it on Sunday night so they don’t inconvenience people. | 选在周日晚上 就是为了避免给人带来不便 |
[18:46] | This is gonna be a great city once they finish building it. | 这城市建好后 一定会很宏伟 |
[18:48] | Just sit tight. | 好好坐着吧 |
[18:50] | What are we, 22 blocks away? | 我们在哪 还差22条街吗 |
[18:52] | I’m gonna get you there. | 我会把你送到的 |
[18:55] | I’m gonna run. | 我跑过去吧 |
[18:57] | – No, you’re not. – I can run fast. | -不行 -我跑得很快的 |
[18:59] | You can’t get out of the car without me. | 你不能独自下车 |
[19:04] | I see you thinking about it. | 看得出来你在想跑过去 |
[19:07] | Do not do it. | 想都别想 |
[19:12] | What are you putting that in your pocket for? | 你把手机放口袋里干嘛 |
[19:18] | Motherfucker! | 我勒个去 |
[19:23] | Get back here! You are not safe out here! | 回来 外面不安全 |
[19:27] | McAvoy, get back! God damn it. | 麦卡沃伊 回来 该死的 |
[19:30] | – Sir, is there a problem? – There’s a guy running west. | -先生 有事吗 -有人往西跑了 |
[19:32] | – He’s gonna go north on 5th. – Just calm down. | -他会在第五街转北走 -请冷静 |
[19:34] | I’m calm, Officer. But that man cannot… | 我很冷静 警官 但那人不… |
[19:36] | – Please step back in your vehicle. – The keys are inside. | -请退回到你的车里 -钥匙在车里面 |
[19:38] | Could you just move it over to the side? | 你们能把它移到路边吗 |
[19:40] | – I’m private security. – Calm down and step back. | -我是私人保镖 -冷静 后退 |
[19:41] | Please, listen to me. | 请听我讲 |
[19:42] | Turn around and place your hands on the car. | 转过身去 把双手放在车上 |
[19:43] | – Officer. – Turn around and place your hands on the car. | -警官 -转过身去 把双手放在车上 |
[19:47] | – I’m gonna kill him. – What was that? | -我要杀了他 -你说什么 |
[19:50] | – Officers, I’m armed. – He said he’s armed. | -警官 我有枪 -他说他有枪 |
[19:52] | – Put your hands on the car. – I’m licensed to carry. | -双手放在车上 -我有持枪执照 |
[19:54] | And there’s a weapon currently on your person? | 武器在你身上吗 |
[19:56] | Under my jacket on my left side. | 外套左边口袋里 |
[19:58] | It’s loaded with the safety on. | 装了子弹 上了保险 |
[19:59] | My carry permit’s in my back right pocket. | 我的持枪执照在右边黑色钱包里 |
[20:02] | I work for Blue North Security and my client is at large. | 我在北蓝保全公司工作 我的客户跑了 |
[20:04] | You’re a big guy, okay? | 你个子很大 |
[20:05] | Don’t do anything that’s gonna make us nervous. | 别做任何让我们紧张的事 好吗 |
[20:08] | Nothing I can do about being big and black at the same time. | 又黑又壮 可不是我的错 |
[20:13] | You guys, you can sit anywhere over here. | 你们俩 可以到那边坐坐 |
[20:17] | The kitchen is back there with… | 厨房就在那里 里面有… |
[20:22] | – with, uh… – Pop-Tarts. | -有… -果酱馅饼 |
[20:24] | Why did you choose Pop-Tarts? | 为什么是果酱馅饼 |
[20:25] | I don’t know, but you were never gonna finish that sentence. | 不知道 我只是看你说不下去了 |
[20:28] | Just sit tight. And remember, | 别乱跑 并且记住 |
[20:29] | you’re not gonna hear please and thank you a lot. | 不会有人和你说什么”请”和”谢谢” |
[20:33] | How long does it take to get the studio warmed up? | 演播室多久能准备好 |
[20:35] | 15 minutes. And the control room is warming up right now. | 15分钟 控制室也在准备中 |
[20:38] | You talking to DC? | 你跟华盛顿联系了吗 |
[20:39] | They’ll start rolling coverage in 20 minutes. | 他们将在20分钟后开始直播 |
[20:41] | – Of what? – A live shot of the White House. | -播什么 -白宫的现场实况 |
[20:43] | Let them know New York’s running this | 告诉他们 纽约会报道 |
[20:44] | and they don’t say a word until Charlie says okay. | 未经查理同意 他们一个字都不许说 |
[20:46] | Any idea when we’re breaking? | 那我们何时开始报道 |
[20:47] | President speaks in 45 minutes. | 总统将在45分钟后讲话 |
[20:49] | If we know something before then, we’ll go. | 若能在此之前确认消息 我们就报 |
[20:56] | Gary. Have you tried Gary? | 格雷 你找过格雷了吗 |
[20:58] | Quiet. Quiet! | 安静 给我安静 |
[21:02] | Let’s get organized. | 我们梳理一下 |
[21:04] | What exactly do we know? And I mean know. | 我们现在知道些什么 我是指”知道” |
[21:07] | The president is speaking at 10:30 on a matter of national security. | 总统将于十点半 就国家安全问题发表讲话 |
[21:10] | – What else? – That’s it. | -还有呢 -就这么多 |
[21:12] | Okay, that’s exactly what we knew 20 minutes ago. | 20分钟前 我们也知道这么多 |
[21:14] | Just to be clear, he’s breaking into the networks, too. | 补充一下 他把电视网的节目也叫停了 |
[21:17] | That’s “Desperate Housewives,” | 《绝望主妇》 |
[21:18] | “Celebrity Apprentice,” “Brothers and Sisters.” | 《名人学徒》 《兄弟姐妹》 |
[21:20] | That’s a ton of money in ad givebacks. This can’t wait till the morning. | 宁愿退还一大笔广告费 也不能拖到明早 |
[21:23] | It’s bin Laden, Mac. | 一定是本·拉登 |
[21:24] | We want it to be bin Laden. | 我们希望是本·拉登 |
[21:26] | Let’s not let the wish be the father of the thought. | 不要被希望牵着鼻子走 |
[21:28] | Obviously we’re pursuing bin Laden. | 本·拉登必然要跟进 |
[21:30] | But let’s just talk about what else it could be. | 但还可能是什么情况 |
[21:32] | – Gaddafi. – Follow it. Put together a team out there. | -卡扎菲 -建个组 跟进 |
[21:34] | A foreign attack. | 外来袭击 |
[21:36] | No one at State or DOD is talking, right? | 国务院和国防部都没有消息 不是吗 |
[21:38] | If they’re not clamming up, they honestly don’t know anything. | 他们要么是口风紧 要么就是真不知情 |
[21:40] | Who did the Santa Tracker story at Christmas? Anyone? | 当时谁做的”追踪圣诞老人”那条新闻 |
[21:40] | 始自1955年 北美防空司令部于每年平安夜 都会通过电话、媒体等途径 实时报告圣诞老人的位置 | |
[21:44] | When we get the NORAD on the phone, | 我们当时打电话给北美防空司令部 |
[21:46] | they report they’re tracking a big sled with reindeer. | 他们说正在追踪圣诞老人的驯鹿雪橇 |
[21:48] | – I did. – Get him on the phone. | -我做的 -打电话给他 |
[21:51] | You think the Santa guy is gonna know something? | 你觉得追踪圣诞老人的人 可能知道点什么 |
[21:54] | I’d be pretty surprised, but I’m not doing nothing. | 也许是异想天开 但总好过干等着 |
[21:56] | What about outside the box? Way, way outside the box? | 发散下思维 发散到外太空去 |
[21:59] | – Ahem, all right. Here I go. – What? | -我有想法 -什么 |
[22:01] | A study published in the “Astrophysical Journal” estimates | 《天体物理学》的一项研究成果称 |
[22:04] | there are 10 trillion planetary systems in the known universe. | 宇宙中存在着十万亿个行星系统 |
[22:07] | – Which one are you from? – She said outside the box. | -你来自哪颗星 -她说要发散思维 |
[22:10] | Then she added way, way outside the box. | 还说要发散到外太空去 |
[22:14] | Besides the near certainty | 几乎可以确定 |
[22:15] | that intelligent life exists outside this planet… | 在地球之外 存在着智能生命 |
[22:17] | 关注外星动态的New Age界确实曾多次宣称 奥巴马将向世界公布外星人的真相 | |
[22:17] | Are you suggesting that we’ve made contact with beings from another planet? | 你认为人类已经与外星生物取得联系了吗 |
[22:21] | Is that your suggestion? | 你是想说这个吗 |
[22:22] | – You said way outside the box. – Come back in the box. | -是你说要发散到外太空 -回到地球来 |
[22:26] | – The birth certificate. – What about it? | -出生证 -怎么了 |
[22:28] | What if the long form’s a forgery and the president’s resigning? | 也许是总统因伪造出生证明而被迫辞职 |
[22:28] | 美国宪法规定在美国出生的人才有资格竞选总统 至今仍有人认为奥巴马的出生证明是伪造的 | |
[22:30] | I think it’s more likely ET is standing on the Truman Balcony. | 我宁愿相信外星人正站在白宫杜鲁门阳台上 |
[22:34] | – So should I follow… – No. | -那我就… -别 |
[22:36] | Where’s Will? | 威尔去哪儿了 |
[22:39] | Okay, where’s Elliot? | 埃利奥特呢 |
[22:41] | Elliot, Sloan, and Don… | 埃利奥特 斯隆还有唐 |
[22:43] | we’re able to communicate with them, | 我们能联系到他们 |
[22:45] | but they’re stuck on the tarmac at LaGuardia. | 但他们正困在拉瓜迪亚的机场跑道上 |
[22:47] | All right, Maggie, dust off the obit packages for bin Laden. | 玛姬 拟好本·拉登的死亡通告 |
[22:51] | – Tess, you’re on Gaddafi. – Okay. | -特丝 你负责卡扎菲 -好的 |
[22:52] | Jim, do what you do and get us new information | 吉姆 尽你所能 弄些新情报 |
[22:54] | and get the bookers to line up our National Security guys. | 让统筹赶紧联系国安局的人 |
[22:56] | You can start with Mike Tapley, who’s available. | 从麦克·塔普莱开始 他有空 |
[22:59] | Let’s go. | 做事 |
[23:06] | What? | 怎么 |
[23:07] | The president’s gonna tell us what’s going on at 10:30. | 十点半总统就会发表讲话 |
[23:10] | He’s gonna tell us. What’s the virtue of breaking it five minutes early? | 他马上要宣布了 提前五分钟的意义何在 |
[23:15] | America thinks bin Laden’s alive. | 举国上下都以为本·拉登还活着 |
[23:17] | If I can make him dead one minute sooner, | 我哪怕能让他早死一分钟 |
[23:20] | my entire life in journalism up until this point will have been worth it. | 这么多年的记者生涯 就没白费 |
[23:25] | All right. | 那好吧 |
[23:29] | I got a White House usher who says | 有个白宫接待员说 |
[23:30] | they’re bringing a backup generator into the East Room. | 他们正在东厅安置备用发电机 |
[23:31] | 白宫东厅为白宫最大最气派的厅堂 供总统宣誓就职仪式 记者招待会 圣诞舞会等使用 | |
[23:33] | Mac, he’s speaking from the East Room. | 麦肯 他在东厅讲话 |
[23:34] | Presidents don’t announce bad news from the East Room. | 坏消息一向都不会在东厅宣布 |
[23:36] | They do it from the Oval Office or the Briefing Room. | 而是在总统办公室 或新闻发布室 |
[23:38] | All right, good. Listen… | 很好 那么… |
[23:40] | you don’t think there’s any chance it’s a UFO, do you? | 你觉得会不会跟飞碟有关 |
[23:43] | Keep it together, would you? | 你醒醒吧 |
[23:50] | – She’s in the bathroom. – Thanks. | -她去洗手间了 -多谢 |
[23:57] | What do you have? | 你那有什么消息 |
[23:58] | What, is this your boyfriend? | 怎么 他是你男朋友吗 |
[23:59] | – Yes. – No. Yes. | -对 -不是 是 |
[24:00] | Look, I’m not the kind of guy that likes to play games. | 听着 我不赞成人们玩弄感情 |
[24:03] | – He’s with Maggie. – Thanks, Pete. | -他女友是玛姬 -谢谢关心 皮特 |
[24:06] | – What’d you find? – According to FlyersRights.Org, | -你查到什么 -旅客权益网说 |
[24:08] | we can download a petition demanding we be allowed off the plane, | 可以下载一份申请 要求离开飞机 |
[24:10] | but it’s not clear how many signatures we need. | 不过上面没说需要多少人的签名 |
[24:12] | We don’t have time to circulate a petition. What else you got? | 哪有功夫收集签名 还有别的吗 |
[24:14] | A website that lists seven ways to get kicked off a plane, | 网上有列举 被赶下飞机的七种方法 |
[24:16] | including shouting loud, | 包括 大声宣扬 |
[24:17] | – unpopular political views. – I can do that. | -非主流政治观点 -这倒是可行 |
[24:18] | Being dressed in an inappropriately revealing manner. | 着装过分暴露 |
[24:21] | – Take off your clothes. – You take off your clothes. | -把你衣服脱了 -脱你自己的 |
[24:23] | I guess I’m stuck with the tiebreaker. | 平局 看来决定权在我了 |
[24:24] | Lester, I’m gonna lose my shit on you. | 莱斯特 别怪我对你不客气 |
[24:30] | – Generator in the East Room. – It’s not bad news. | -讲话在东厅 -不是坏消息 |
[24:34] | Uh, Elliot, let’s try… | 埃利奥特 咱们试试… |
[24:40] | Boy, that Genghis Khan had some pretty good ideas. | 成吉思汗是个大英雄 |
[24:43] | – You see what happened? – Yes. | -瞧 出事了吧 -没错 |
[24:45] | The worst thing that could possibly happen. | 真是出大事了 |
[24:46] | I fell down and guess what, nobody died. | 我摔了 猜猜怎样 没人上西天 |
[24:49] | Get in your seat, fasten your seat belt. | 回到座位上 系紧安全带 |
[24:51] | Sure, but I might need to see that demonstration again | 没问题 但我得再看一遍演示 |
[24:53] | ’cause I’ve never seen a seat belt before. | 因为我从没见过安全带 |
[25:02] | He’s stopping. | 停下来了 |
[25:05] | The gate’s right there. It’s right out the window. | 舱门就在那儿 就在窗外 |
[25:07] | I can see it. I’m practically touching it right now. | 我能看见了 都能摸着了 |
[25:10] | – Take it easy. – It’s right there! | -冷静点 -就在那儿 |
[25:11] | Well, folks, this is the captain. | 伙计们 我是机长 |
[25:13] | – Good news– our gate has opened up. – Thank you. | -好消息是舱门已经打开 -谢天谢地 |
[25:16] | – But this is a tow-in gate. – No! | -但需要拖车把飞机拖到门前 -不 |
[25:18] | So it’ll be just a few more minutes. | 所以还要再等几分钟 |
[25:20] | Let me out! Let me out | 让我出去 让我出去 |
[25:22] | and I will push the plane to the gate. | 我来把飞机推到舱门 |
[25:26] | Maggie’s a lucky girl. | 玛姬真是幸运啊 |
[25:30] | No one’s asked us to switch over to the Emergency Broadcasting System, | 没人让我们切换到紧急广播系统 |
[25:33] | so there isn’t a North Korean missile headed towards San Diego. | 所以不是朝鲜导弹飞向圣地亚哥 |
[25:36] | No one knows anything at the CDC, | 疾病控制中心没有丝毫消息 |
[25:38] | so a vial of smallpox hasn’t been dropped | 所以没有人把天花病毒 |
[25:40] | in the middle of Madison Square Garden. | 洒到麦迪逊广场花园 |
[25:42] | We have a computer that monitors all the police scanners | 我们有台电脑监控所有警方无线电 |
[25:45] | and listens for certain words. | 并注意特定关键词 |
[25:46] | There’s been no act of domestic terrorism, | 所以没有发生国内恐怖袭击 |
[25:49] | though there is a frat party at Michigan State | 不过 密西根州立大学有个兄弟会派对 |
[25:51] | that’s about to get broken up. | 快要被警方打断了 |
[25:54] | You guys know it’s bin Laden, don’t you? | 你们知道就是本·拉登 是不是 |
[25:56] | Believe me, when we know it’s bin Laden, you’ll know. | 如果确定是本·拉登 会告诉你们的 |
[25:58] | I’d have expected it to be a lot more chaotic. | 本以为这里会混乱得多 |
[26:01] | Since the first day Mackenzie got here, | 自从麦肯兹第一天上任 |
[26:02] | we’ve been practicing this once a month. We do dry runs. | 我们每月都要进行一次演习 |
[26:04] | Obviously there are always wild cards you can’t predict. | 因为总有意料之外的事情会发生 |
[26:07] | Hey, little buddy. | 小盆友 |
[26:09] | – Oh, boy. – Are you alright? | -天哪 -你没事吧 |
[26:11] | – Yeah. – Mac’s been worried. | -没事 -麦肯正担心呢 |
[26:13] | We got stuck in some traffic, so I ran here. | 堵车了 我是跑来的 |
[26:16] | We’ve been calling. | 我们一直在给你打电话 |
[26:18] | I thought it would be better to keep running than answer the phone. | 我觉得与其接电话 不如早点跑过来 |
[26:20] | What’s that? | 那是什么 |
[26:21] | I stopped to get a falafel. | 我半路停下 买了个沙拉三明治 |
[26:25] | I’m just gonna… | 我要把它… |
[26:29] | Good. Thanks. Anything new? | 很好 多谢 有什么新进展 |
[26:31] | It’s bin Laden or Gaddafi. | 不是本·拉登就是卡扎菲 |
[26:33] | And the White House pushed it 15 minutes to 10:45. | 还有白宫推迟了15分钟 10点45开始 |
[26:35] | God. Have you ever noticed | 老天 你有没有发现 |
[26:38] | how we’ve never been able to agree on a way to spell Gaddafi? | 卡扎菲的拼法 从来没有统一过 |
[26:42] | “Q-a,” “K-a,” “G.” “Q-a,” “K-a,” “G.” | |
[26:45] | Will, are you able to… | 威尔 你可以… |
[26:46] | Gaddafi would have been a NATO operation. | 抓捕卡扎菲 必然是北约的行动 |
[26:48] | I’ve spoken with Wesley Clark, | 我和韦斯利·克拉克通过话 |
[26:49] | who called NATO HQ in Brussels. They don’t know anything. | 他打给布鲁塞尔总部 没有任何消息 |
[26:53] | You’ve already spoken to NATO HQ? | 你已经和北约总部通过话了 |
[26:55] | When I was getting the falafel. | 买沙拉三明治的时候 |
[27:00] | Kaylee. | 凯莉 |
[27:03] | I need to be able to count on your discretion. | 我需要你把嘴封得牢牢地 |
[27:05] | You can’t imagine how important this night is. | 你没法想象 今晚有多重要 |
[27:11] | You’re gonna be great. | 你会很棒的 |
[27:13] | Just keep drinking water. | 多喝点水 |
[27:15] | All right. | 好吧 |
[27:19] | So I’m gonna go in my office and… | 那我就回办公室 然后… |
[27:23] | take it from there. | 再说了 |
[27:26] | So if it’s not Gaddafi, doesn’t that mean… | 既然不是卡扎菲 是不是说… |
[27:28] | Like I said, when we have it confirmed, you’ll know it. | 我说过 消息一旦确认就会告诉你们 |
[27:33] | Go back to work. | 回去工作吧 |
[27:35] | Yeah. | 好 |
[27:37] | You can see the Press Briefing Room is empty. | 你可以看到白宫新闻室是空的 |
[27:39] | The White House Press Corps is starting to arrive on the scene, | 白宫记者团开始到达现场 |
[27:42] | but they’re staking out positions near the northwest executive entrance. | 但他们却在西北入口附近徘徊 |
[27:45] | – Mac, can you hear me? – Yup. | -麦肯 能听到我说话吗 -可以 |
[27:49] | Keith Urbahn, | 凯斯·厄本 |
[27:50] | who’s the Chief of Staff for Donald Rumsfeld, | 前国防部长 拉姆斯菲尔德的幕僚长 |
[27:52] | has tweeted the following: | 发了以下推特 |
[27:53] | “So I’m told by a reputable person | “可靠人士告知 |
[27:55] | they have killed Osama bin Laden. Hot damn.” | 奥萨玛·本·拉登被杀了 真他妈爽” |
[27:57] | – We got the tweet. – We want to report it. | -我们看到推特了 -我们想报导 |
[28:00] | – You can’t do it. – We’re not gonna say confirmed. | -不行 -我们不会说是确切新闻 |
[28:02] | We just want to report the tweet. | 我们只是报导这条推特 |
[28:03] | Jane, this is double confirmation territory, | 简 这类事必须有两个来源确认 |
[28:05] | – and we don’t even have one yet. – The tweet is reportable. | -我们一个都没有 -推特也能报导 |
[28:07] | Do you know how many tweets there are out there? | 你知道网上有多少推特吗 |
[28:09] | Just one from the Chief of Staff to the former Secretary of Defense. | 可只有一条是来自前国防部长的幕僚长 |
[28:12] | I’m sorry, you’re gonna have to keep vamping. | 对不起 你只能继续现编词 |
[28:14] | We’ve got a package on past live addresses from the East Room. | 我们有条东厅的现场拍摄录像 |
[28:17] | – We’ll shoot it to you. – Mac, | -马上给你发过去 -麦肯 |
[28:18] | we’re eight blocks from the White House. | 我们离白宫只隔了八条街 |
[28:19] | We’d like to report some news. | 我们想报道些新闻 |
[28:21] | Then go get some, Jane. | 那就去搞些新闻来 简 |
[28:23] | Will’s here. | 威尔来了 |
[28:25] | – Mac? – Back to you, Jane. | -麦肯 -转回给你 简 |
[28:28] | The president was scheduled to address the nation at 10:30. | 总统原定于10点半进行的全国电视讲话 |
[28:31] | But we have been told it will be closer to 10:45. | 已确认将延迟至10点45分 |
[28:34] | If you’re just joining us, I’ll recap everything we’re able to report. | 如果您刚打开电视 我将回顾一遍最新消息 |
[28:38] | It shouldn’t take long. | 内容很短 |
[28:43] | Thank God. Where have you been? | 谢天谢地 你刚才去哪了 |
[28:45] | There was construction. I have to get on the air. | 道路施工 我马上要直播 |
[28:47] | – What do you want to say? – It’s not Gaddafi. | -你想怎么说 -跟卡扎菲无关 |
[28:49] | We’ve got NATO saying it’s not Libya. | 北约方面称 跟利比亚无关 |
[28:50] | And we’ve got London and Paris saying it’s not Gaddafi. | 伦敦和巴黎也表示与卡扎菲无关 |
[28:52] | – It’s not Gaddafi. – So who’s saying it is? | -不是卡扎菲 -谁说是的 |
[28:56] | Continuing what we have assumed that Gaddafi… | 假定是卡扎菲… |
[28:58] | it has something to do with Gaddafi. | 事情牵涉到卡扎菲 |
[29:00] | Do you agree with the general that the war in Libya | 你认为利比亚的战争 |
[29:03] | will continue or do you think that the death of Gaddafi… | 会持续下去吗 又或者卡扎菲之死… |
[29:06] | Jesus Christ. | 上帝啊 |
[29:07] | Let them know New York is ready. | 通知华盛顿 纽约这边准备就绪 |
[29:08] | I’m just gonna go on, say it’s not Libya, | 我上电视宣布 与利比亚无关 |
[29:11] | and then throw it back to Washington | 然后再切回华盛顿 |
[29:12] | – until we have a double confirmation. – Good. | -直至找到两个确认源 -很好 |
[29:14] | Okay, so let’s let them know New York is ready. | 通知华盛顿 纽约这边准备就绪 |
[29:16] | I’m just gonna go on, say it’s not Libya, | 我上电视宣布 与利比亚无关 |
[29:17] | and then throw it back to washington until we have double confirmation. | 然后再切回华盛顿 直至找到两个确认源 |
[29:21] | You just said that. | 你刚说过一遍了 |
[29:24] | You all right? | 你没事吧 |
[29:25] | I just think this is some kind of trick tie. | 我觉得这条领带有问题 |
[29:28] | – I can’t get it to… – What’s the problem? | -我没法… -你怎么了 |
[29:30] | I can’t remember how to tie a Windsor knot. | 我不记得怎么打温莎结了 |
[29:32] | I can tie a square knot and a sheepshank. | 我会打平节跟羊角结 |
[29:35] | – Will? – But that’s not useful right now. | -威尔 -但一点用处也没有 |
[29:39] | What is wrong with you? | 你到底怎么了 |
[29:42] | I’m wasted, okay? | 我嗑药了 行了吧 |
[29:44] | – I’m completely baked. – What? | -我都飘起来了 -什么 |
[29:46] | – I had– okay, listen. – Oh, no. | -我 听着… -不 |
[29:48] | – No, no, it’s okay. – Oh, my God. | -别这样 没事的 -上帝 |
[29:50] | Listen, Neal’s girlfriend– and you should see her, | 你真该见见尼尔的女友 |
[29:52] | she can play Guitar Hero blindfolded. | 她可以蒙起眼睛玩《吉他英雄》 |
[29:54] | – Oh, my God. – No, you’re right. It doesn’t matter. | -上帝啊 -对 这不打紧 |
[29:56] | Let me back it up. | 听我解释 |
[29:57] | When you’re pitching, you have your push-off leg and your landing leg. | 投球时 一只脚支撑 一只脚落地 |
[30:01] | That landing leg, as you can see, takes a lot of force | 投球时身体大部分重量 |
[30:03] | when you come down on it like that. | 都落在着地的那只脚上 |
[30:05] | Boom. Like that. And marijuana… | 砰 就像那样 而大麻… |
[30:07] | This isn’t happening. You can’t do this. | 见鬼了 你不能直播 |
[30:10] | – I’m a medical marvel. – You can’t go on the air. | -我是医学奇迹 -你不能直播 |
[30:11] | My body has the melatolical tolerance… | 我新陈排谢能力极棒… |
[30:13] | – Metabolical. – What did I say? | -新陈代谢 -我说成了什么 |
[30:16] | – Will! – Mackenzie, listen to me. | -威尔 -麦肯兹 听我说 |
[30:17] | There is no way– no way | 我绝对 绝对不能 |
[30:20] | I’m not reporting this story. | 不报道这消息 |
[30:27] | You understand, right? | 你懂吗 |
[30:32] | Of course. | 懂 |
[30:34] | I’m not gonna let you down. | 我不会让你失望的 |
[30:38] | I know. | 我知道 |
[30:43] | Hey, we got Obama. | 嘿 我们抓到奥巴马啦 |
[30:46] | Bin Laden. | 是本·拉登 |
[30:48] | I got that one out of my system. | 不会再犯了 |
[30:51] | Let’s think of the people who would know. | 想想还有谁会知道 |
[30:52] | – Well, POTUS. – V-POTUS. | -总统 -副总统 |
[30:54] | – Head of JSOC. – Bill McRaven. | -特种作战部队司令 -比尔·麦克拉文 |
[30:56] | – Gates. – Panetta. | -盖茨 -帕内塔 |
[30:56] | 罗伯特·盖茨 当时美国国防部长 莱昂·帕内塔 当时美国中央情报局局长 | |
[30:57] | – Guys. – It was either Delta, | -两位 -三角洲特种部队 |
[30:59] | SEAL Six, | 海豹突击队六分队 |
[31:00] | – or a bullet from the CIA. – Guys. | -或是中情局干的 -伙计们 |
[31:02] | – What about a drone? – I don’t think they’d use a drone. | -也许是无人机 -不太可能用无人机 |
[31:04] | They’d want an immediate positive ID. | 他们必须要有人核实身份 |
[31:05] | Guys! | 伙计们 |
[31:06] | What does EKIA mean? | EKIA是什么意思 |
[31:14] | It means “Enemy killed in action.” | “敌人在行动中被击毙” |
[31:16] | I have the first confirmation. | 我有第一封确认了 |
[31:19] | With the White House now telling us that the president’s address | 白宫最新通知 总统的电视讲话 |
[31:22] | has been pushed back another 15 minutes to 11:00. | 再次推迟15分钟 将于11点开始 |
[31:25] | You will know everything we know as we know it. | 我们将第一时间播报最新消息 |
[31:28] | And in the meantime, let’s go back | 现在 让我们转至 |
[31:30] | to Jane Barrow in Washington. Jane. | 华盛顿演播室的简·巴罗 |
[31:34] | Don just called. We got the first confirmation. | 唐打来电话说我们收到第一封确认 |
[31:35] | From who? | 谁发的 |
[31:36] | Chris Harkin at CENTCOM. | 中央司令部的克里斯·哈金 |
[31:38] | CENTCOM in Tampa. That’s one. | 第一封来自坦帕市的中央司令部 |
[31:40] | Mac, we got the second confirmation. | 麦肯 我们收到第二封确认 |
[31:41] | From who? | 谁发的 |
[31:41] | – “New York Times.” – You’re kidding. | -《纽约时报》 -开玩笑吧 |
[31:43] | Helene Cooper just posted she has it from two sources. | 海伦·库伯刚刚发布称 她已有两封确认 |
[31:45] | Maggie. | 玛姬 |
[31:46] | We’ve got Chris Harkin at CENTCOM | 第一封 中央司令部的克里斯·哈金 |
[31:48] | and Helene Cooper at the “New York Times.” | 第二封 《纽约时报》的海伦·库伯 |
[31:54] | – We got him. – Let’s go. | -我们干掉他了 -开始吧 |
[31:56] | – No. – What do you mean? | -不行 -什么意思 |
[31:59] | We’re not going yet. | 现在还不能报 |
[32:00] | We’ve got double confirmation. | 都收到两封确认了 |
[32:02] | First of all, we don’t. | 首先 没有两封 |
[32:03] | We have Harkin at CENTCOM | 只有中央司令部的哈金 |
[32:05] | and a reporter saying she has two sources. | 而那记者 只是声称她有两封确认 |
[32:06] | I don’t know who the sources are. | 我不知道她消息的来源 |
[32:08] | It’s Helene Cooper. | 是海伦·库伯 |
[32:09] | – It’s solid. – We’re not going. | -她靠谱的 -不能报 |
[32:12] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[32:13] | There’s nothing wrong with waiting for the White House to tell us it’s reportable. | 等白宫通知说”可报” 再报也不迟 |
[32:16] | This isn’t Watergate. They’re not the enemy. | 这又不是水门事件 政府不是敌人 |
[32:19] | We don’t know what’s going on. | 我们并不清楚原委 |
[32:21] | We sent military assets into sovereign airspace. | 我们有飞机飞入外国空域 |
[32:25] | Maybe they’re not out yet. | 也许他们还没撤回来 |
[32:26] | Maybe someone’s injured on the ground. | 也许是有人在地面上受伤了 |
[32:28] | Maybe someone’s been taken prisoner | 也许是有人被俘虏了 |
[32:31] | and the rescue operation is underway. | 正在展开救援行动 |
[32:33] | Maybe we’re at war with Pakistan. | 也许我们对巴基斯坦宣战了 |
[32:37] | Guys, in ’91, | 伙计们 1991年 |
[32:41] | I was cheering on my guy in Tel Aviv | 我正为在特拉维夫的同事加油 |
[32:44] | who was reporting where the Scud missiles were landing. | 他在报道 飞毛腿导弹会击中哪里 |
[32:48] | Turns out the Iraqis didn’t know where the missiles were landing | 原来伊拉克并不知道导弹会击中哪里 |
[32:52] | and I was helping them range their targets. | 我的报道 却帮助他们定位了 |
[33:00] | Three killed, 96 injured in that operation. | 那次行动中 3人被杀 96人受伤 |
[33:10] | Geraldo’s probably still up the street | 杰拉尔多也许还在大街上乱嚷 |
[33:12] | saying we’re in a dogfight with Finland. | 我们和芬兰开始空战了呢 |
[33:17] | Whatever happened tonight, | 不论今晚发生了什么 |
[33:20] | I promise you, | 我向你们保证 |
[33:22] | lives and a presidency were put on the line. | 它关系到众多生命和总统的职位 |
[33:27] | We’re going to get this one right. | 我们必须报道正确 |
[33:29] | And if we’re two minutes late, | 如果我们迟了两分钟 |
[33:31] | let that be a small penance for all the ones we got wrong. | 就当作是对以往错误报道的小小救赎吧 |
[33:42] | Agreed. | 同意 |
[33:45] | – Yes. – Yes, sir. | -好 -遵命 |
[33:52] | What’s wrong with him? | 他怎么了 |
[33:54] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[33:57] | Charlie, I do think you should tell them. | 查理 你该告诉他们 |
[34:01] | That I’d love to do. | 乐意之至 |
[34:05] | Can everybody quiet down? | 大家安静一下 |
[34:08] | Everybody quiet down. | 请大家安静 |
[34:09] | Charlie would like to tell you something. | 查理有话对大家说 |
[34:14] | I need to tell you | 我得告诉你们 |
[34:17] | that you’re going to remember this night for the rest of your lives. | 今晚注定会让你们永生难忘 |
[34:21] | It’s going to be a long night | 这将是一个漫长的夜晚 |
[34:22] | and we need you to work fast and we need you to work well. | 我需要你们保质保量地工作 |
[34:25] | But once in a while, | 但是偶尔 |
[34:27] | take three seconds– you can’t spare more than that– | 花个三秒钟 再多就不行了 |
[34:30] | take three seconds to notice | 花个三秒钟 留意一下 |
[34:33] | where you are | 你身在何处 |
[34:35] | and what you’re doing. | 你在做什么 |
[34:39] | Will’s gonna go on the air in a few minutes | 威尔几分钟后会上节目 |
[34:41] | so that we can report | 然后我们将报道 |
[34:43] | that at the order of the President of the United States, | 奉美利坚总统之命 |
[34:46] | US Special Forces | 美国特种部队 |
[34:49] | have shot and killed Osama Bin Laden. | 击毙了奥萨马·本·拉登 |
[35:02] | Get to work. | 继续干活吧 |
[35:16] | You’re out here. | 你在这啊 |
[35:18] | Neal’s looking for you. | 尼尔正找你呢 |
[35:23] | I think word’s starting to get out we got Gaddafi. | 消息正在传开 卡扎菲被捕了 |
[35:26] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[35:30] | Neal, she’s out here. | 尼尔 她在这儿 |
[35:33] | – Are you all right? – Yeah. | -你还好吗 -还好 |
[35:35] | Hey. You should be working. | 你该回去干活啊 |
[35:38] | I told you when we knew for sure you’d know it. | 我说了 一旦确定就会告诉你 |
[35:40] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[35:42] | I just didn’t want to be the skunk at the garden party. | 我不想扫大家的兴 |
[35:45] | – Why would you… – You’re not. | -你怎么会… -不会啊 |
[35:49] | I was an idiot. | 我真傻 |
[35:52] | I thought it would make me feel better when it happened. | 我以为这一刻 我会好过些 |
[35:54] | – Like an on-off switch. – Of course it doesn’t. | -像开关一样 -当然不会 |
[35:57] | You knew someone in one of the Towers. | 你认识在双子塔里遇难的人 |
[36:02] | Her father was a partner at Cantor Fitzgerald. | 她父亲是坎托·菲茨杰拉德公司的合伙人之一 |
[36:02] | 坎托·菲茨杰拉德公司 投资银行 在911的第一波袭击中痛失700多名员工及客户 | |
[36:07] | We’ve been celebrating around you all night. | 我们整晚都在你身边庆祝 |
[36:09] | You should. Everybody should. | 你应该庆祝 大家都应该 |
[36:13] | – You guys should get back to work. – Nah, it’s all right. | -你们该回去工作了 -不 没关系 |
[36:15] | No, I want you to. | 我希望你回去 |
[36:19] | All right. I’ll be right inside. | 好吧 我就在里面 |
[36:29] | He wants us to wait? | 他要我们等着 |
[36:30] | Until the White House says it’s reportable. | 直到白宫说可报 |
[36:31] | Aren’t we the only ones with Harkin? | 我们不是唯一得到哈金确认的吗 |
[36:33] | As far as I know. | 应该是 |
[36:34] | So we are the only ones who have double confirmation? | 所以我们是唯一有两封确认的媒体 |
[36:37] | As far as I know. | 应该是 |
[36:37] | – We’re going. – No. | -那我们就报 -不行 |
[36:38] | The White House just pushed the speech another 15 minutes. | 白宫又把讲话推迟了15分钟 |
[36:41] | We’re going. | 我们得赶紧报 |
[36:41] | If I have to bring Charlie in here to tell you himself, | 如果我让查理亲自来跟你说 |
[36:43] | he’s gonna do it in a different voice. | 他可就不是这种口气了 |
[36:45] | Washington’s keeping the audience warm for Will. | 我这儿一直吊着观众的胃口 给威尔暖场 |
[36:48] | We’re getting our facts straight. | 我们在确认 |
[36:49] | We got bin Laden, what do you want? | 我们击毙了本·拉登 你还想怎么确认 |
[36:51] | For one thing, I don’t want | 首先 我不希望报道得像 |
[36:52] | it reported like the Redskins won the Super Bowl. | 华盛顿红人队赢得了超级碗似的 |
[36:54] | I don’t believe you people. | 你们怎能这样 |
[36:56] | We’re waiting for the White House to tell us it’s reportable. | 要等白宫通知说可报 才能报 |
[36:59] | – We’re not. – Jane. Jane! | -我们不等了 -简 简 |
[37:02] | – Okay, I’ve just received… – Cut the fiber from Washington. | -我刚刚收到… -切断华盛顿的信号 |
[37:05] | – It’ll go black. – Yeah. | -会黑屏的 -对 |
[37:06] | – Cut the fiber. – Copy. | -切断信号 -收到 |
[37:18] | You think she got the message yet? | 你觉得她明白了吗 |
[37:20] | – Couple of more seconds. – Okay. | -再等几秒钟 -好 |
[37:24] | Bring ’em back. | 切回来 |
[37:26] | – Hi. – Damn it, Mac. | -你好啊 -你狠 麦肯 |
[37:28] | Move one inch in that direction again | 再多说一个字 |
[37:31] | and you’re blacked out for the night. | 你就等着整晚黑屏吧 |
[37:32] | The decision to go | 是否报道 |
[37:34] | will be made by the president of the news division Charlie Skinner. | 将由新闻部主席查理·斯金纳决定 |
[37:37] | And the announcement will be made | 而宣告这一消息的 |
[37:39] | by the face and voice of Atlantis Cable News Will McAvoy. | 将是ACN的招牌主播 威尔·麦卡沃伊 |
[37:46] | Keep an eye on her. | 盯着她 |
[37:59] | What are you working on? | 你在干嘛 |
[38:01] | Will asked me to look over his intro copy. | 威尔让我帮他检查他的开场词 |
[38:03] | Wow, that’s a compliment. | 他很赞赏你呢 |
[38:04] | I know Charlie’s right, but I wish we’d get on there. | 查理说得对 但我好希望能现在就播报 |
[38:07] | This is just counterintuitive. | 这么做太背离我的本性了 |
[38:08] | So’s Lisa being attracted to you, | 这就好比利萨对你着迷 |
[38:10] | but you still have to deal with that. | 但你还是得来个了断一样 |
[38:12] | Are you kidding? I’m not doing it tonight. | 开什么玩笑 我才不会今晚提 |
[38:13] | – You have to. – Tonight? | -你非提不可 -非得今晚 |
[38:15] | You can’t sleep with her again. | 你不能再和她上床了 |
[38:17] | Why are you sure I would? | 你凭什么认为我会 |
[38:21] | “She is very sexy because of her sexy sexiness | “她特别性感 她那性感的气质 |
[38:24] | – and the very sexual sexiocity of the…” – Fine. | -性感的这 性感的那 -好吧 |
[38:27] | Tell me what you’re gonna say. | 你打算怎么说 |
[38:29] | I’m not gonna tell you what I’m gonna say. | 我才不会告诉你 |
[38:30] | You need to rehearse. | 你需要排练 |
[38:31] | – I don’t need to rehearse. – You’re gonna be like “Spiderman”? | -我不需要排练 -你想跟《蜘蛛侠》一样吗 |
[38:33] | – I’d love to. – The musical. | -我很乐意 -我说的是音乐剧 |
[38:35] | They didn’t have enough rehearsal and actors died, Jim. | 他们排练得不够 结果演员死了 吉姆 |
[38:38] | They lost their lives. | 把命给丢了 |
[38:40] | I don’t think anybody died. | 我不记得有闹出人命 |
[38:42] | Well, they got bruised pretty bad. | 至少 他们摔得都不轻 |
[38:44] | So tell me what you’re gonna say. | 快告诉我 你打算怎么说 |
[38:46] | Lisa, you kind of took me by surprise last night when you told… | 利萨 昨晚我被你吓了一跳 你说… |
[38:49] | Shh, shh, she’s coming over. Dummy up. | 她要过来了 快住口 |
[38:51] | Okay. Thank God we’re not in the middle of breaking news. | 幸好现在没有什么爆炸性新闻 |
[38:55] | You mind if I talk to Jim a second? | 我能和吉姆单独说两句吗 |
[38:57] | No. I’ll be right there at my desk. | 没问题 我马上回我的办公桌 |
[39:00] | – It’s right there. – Where? | -就在那 -哪里 |
[39:02] | Right there. | 就在那 |
[39:04] | – I’m sorry, where? – Okay. | -在哪啊 -好吧 |
[39:09] | It’s too bad the SEALs are in Pakistan tonight. | 真不凑巧 海豹突击队今晚在巴基斯坦 |
[39:11] | Because they’d be getting some mad ass | 他们假如在纽约市 |
[39:12] | if they were in New York City. | 那可有享不尽的艳福了 |
[39:19] | – Lisa, I… – This is the worst possible time, | -利萨 我… -这时机可真不好 |
[39:21] | but I feel ridiculous | 可我忍不住了 |
[39:23] | because you guys are talking about me and I’m standing there. | 我就站在那儿 你们还在背后议论我 |
[39:25] | No, we weren’t. | 不 我们没有 |
[39:27] | We weren’t talking… | 我们没在说… |
[39:29] | Last night I said something | 我昨晚说了句话 |
[39:32] | that forced you to say it, too, and that’s not fair. | 还强迫你也说 这是不公平的 |
[39:34] | I didn’t feel forced. | 你并没有强迫我 |
[39:36] | This was a fix-up that you never wanted | 本来你就不想被牵线搭桥 |
[39:37] | and it went too far, and now I have to let you off the hook | 我拖了你太久 现在必须让你解脱 |
[39:39] | because you’re so nice | 因为你人太好 |
[39:41] | that we’d be searching for preschools | 等到我们孩子都上幼儿园了 |
[39:42] | before I realized that you were just being polite. | 我都不会明白 你只是礼貌迁就而已 |
[39:48] | I’m breaking up with you. | 我要和你分手 |
[39:52] | Just say okay. | 就说 好 |
[39:56] | I really did like you. | 我真的喜欢过你 |
[39:58] | Just say okay. | 就说 好 |
[40:01] | Okay. | 好 |
[40:03] | Okay. | 很好 |
[40:07] | Um, I’m gonna go talk to spy girl. | 现在我要去找女间谍了 |
[40:10] | Get to work. That’s an order. | 干活去 这是命令 |
[40:13] | And thanks for bringing me here for this. | 谢谢带我来这里 听到了拉登的消息 |
[40:19] | – Look, I… – Work. | -我… -干活 |
[40:26] | What happened? | 发生了什么 |
[40:28] | – I broke up with him. – He did? | -我和他分手了 -他居然 |
[40:30] | I mean, you did? What? | 我是说 你居然 什么 |
[40:33] | I saw your face when I was talking on the phone | 他在电话里说”我爱你”的时候 |
[40:35] | and he said, “I love you.” | 我看到了你的表情 |
[40:36] | He said, “I do, too.” And what are you talking about? | 他说的是”我也是” 你想说什么 |
[40:39] | I’m not doing this to you anymore. | 我不能继续这样对待你 |
[40:41] | You’re not doing anything to me. I’ve got Don. | 你什么都没做 我已经有唐了 |
[40:43] | – I shouldn’t even be standing here. – I’m with Don. | -我真不该来这 -我和唐在一起 |
[40:45] | – I saw your face. – Come with me. | -我看到了你的表情 -跟我来 |
[40:51] | James Tiberius Harper. | 詹姆斯·提比略·哈珀 |
[40:53] | Not my middle name. | 那不是我的中间名 |
[40:53] | Lisa is– no– is under the impression | 利萨 别走 她认为 |
[40:56] | that you broke up with her because you have feelings for me. | 你和她分手是因为你喜欢我 |
[40:58] | I didn’t break up with her at all. | 我根本没说要和她分手 |
[41:00] | – But you were about to. – Any reason she needed to know that? | -但你本打算 -有必要让她知道吗 |
[41:02] | – She already knew. – This isn’t at all embarrassing. | -她早就知道 -真是一点也不丢人 |
[41:05] | And she is under the impression that I also have feelings for you. | 她还认为 我也喜欢你 |
[41:08] | Did you hear we killed bin Laden? | 你们听到本·拉登的死讯了吗 |
[41:10] | We’re in a holding pattern. | 我们正处于暂停状态 |
[41:12] | Now, can we please state clearly, | 现在 我们能否明白无误 |
[41:13] | unambiguously, and for the record | 直截了当地公开声明 |
[41:15] | that neither of us likes the other in any romantic context? | 我们从没产生任何男女之情 |
[41:18] | – I so state. – As do I! | -我声明 -我也是 |
[41:23] | You guys can’t begin to imagine how unconvincing that was. | 你们没觉得 这话一点说服力都没有吗 |
[41:29] | Is it all right if I stay for the president’s address? | 我能不能留下 看总统的讲话 |
[41:31] | Yes. | 可以 |
[41:33] | But we’re not nearly done talking about this yet. | 但我们这事儿还没完 |
[41:35] | – Maggie, I need you. – Not nearly done. | -玛姬 能过来一下吗 -还没完 |
[41:41] | I’ll be over there out of the way. | 我去那边 不耽误你了 |
[41:43] | – Wait, I… – Just say okay. | -等等 我… -就说 好 |
[41:48] | Okay. | 好 |
[41:58] | I’m the guy who wins the lottery and loses the ticket. | 我就像赢了大奖 却丢了彩票 |
[42:02] | Biggest story in a generation and I’m a spectator. | 这是世纪头条 我却成了观众 |
[42:05] | You are not a spectator. We are locked on a plane | 你不是观众 我们虽然困在飞机里 |
[42:08] | and we still helped put it together. | 但我们帮着一起 做出了新闻 |
[42:09] | That’s pretty good. | 我们很厉害 |
[42:10] | What is this compulsion you have to look on the bright side? | 你总想着好的一面 这是什么强迫症 |
[42:12] | I can never count on you to be Jewish. | 一点都不像个犹太人 |
[42:15] | If it helps, we should probably be concerned about violent retaliation. | 我们可能会遭到武力报复 满意了吧 |
[42:18] | That does help, man. Thanks. | 舒服多了 谢谢 |
[42:21] | My regret is that I’d like to have been with my wife for this. | 我后悔的是 听到消息时没和老婆在一起 |
[42:24] | Tell her to wake up the kids, bring them down to the studio. | 让她把孩子叫醒 一起来演播室 |
[42:26] | We’d all watch together. | 全家人一起看 |
[42:27] | Yes, I’d like to be with your wife, too. | 是啊 我也想和你老婆一起 |
[42:29] | I’d like to be in the newsroom | 我想待在新闻编辑室里 |
[42:30] | with Will and Charlie and her and you. | 和威尔 查理 她和你一起 |
[42:33] | – And Maggie. – I said Maggie. | -还有玛姬 -我刚说了玛姬 |
[42:35] | – No, you didn’t. – You didn’t. | -你没说 -你确实没说 |
[42:37] | So you have to ask yourself | 所以 你得想想 |
[42:39] | what happens when you and Maggie break up, | 要是你和玛姬分手了会怎么样 |
[42:41] | which you know is going to happen, | 你知道你们肯定会分手的 |
[42:42] | and Jim’s with someone else. | 而吉姆还另有所属 |
[42:43] | We were talking that loud? | 我们说话有那么大声吗 |
[42:46] | Over Delaware after the second scotch. | 特拉华州上空 你酒过两杯之后就开始了 |
[42:48] | There’s passengers in row 22 who know about you, Maggie, and Jim. | 第22排的乘客都知道你 玛姬和吉姆 |
[42:51] | – True story. – Shut up. | -真的 -闭嘴 |
[42:52] | Excuse me, I’ve got a text message saying | 打断一下 我收到一条短信说 |
[42:55] | the president is speaking tonight in a few minutes. | 总统几分钟后要发表讲话 |
[42:57] | Do you know anything about this? | 你知道些什么吗 |
[42:58] | The Internet says he’s speaking | 网上说 |
[43:00] | on a matter of grave national security. | 他将就重大国家安全问题发表讲话 |
[43:03] | Yeah, I’ve got the same thing. | 是啊 我也收到了 |
[43:04] | I’ve got a flight that’s been cancelled. | 我听说有一架航班被取消了 |
[43:06] | Does that have anything to do with what you were talking… | 这和你们讨论的有关系… |
[43:07] | – Has there been a terrorist attack? – No. | -是不是有恐怖袭击了 -不是 |
[43:10] | Wait, there’s been a terrorist attack? | 什么 发生恐怖袭击了 |
[43:11] | No, there hasn’t. | 没有 没有发生 |
[43:13] | I’ve got an email saying we’re at war with Libya. | 我收到邮件说 我们和利比亚开战了 |
[43:15] | Nope. | 没有 |
[43:15] | You guys know what’s going on, don’t you? | 你们知道发生了什么事 是吧 |
[43:20] | Folks, there hasn’t been a terrorist attack. | 大伙 没发生什么恐怖袭击 |
[43:24] | None of your friends and family are in danger. | 你们的家人朋友都很安全 |
[43:26] | The president will be speaking in just a few minutes. | 总统几分钟后就会发表讲话 |
[43:29] | No. | 停下 |
[43:29] | Listen, they’re just nervous. | 听着 他们都很紧张 |
[43:31] | 911袭击之后 航空公司的机组人员 都对机舱控制之类的事件 特别敏感 | |
[43:31] | I don’t care. You do not take over control of the cabin. | 我不管 你不能控制机舱乘客 |
[43:33] | They’re getting emails and going online and seeing… | 他们收到各种邮件 在网上看到… |
[43:35] | You do not take over control of the cabin ever. | 你不能控制机舱乘客 |
[43:39] | – Now sit down and… – Ma’am, no… | -坐下 -女士 别这样 |
[43:40] | You know, I’m gonna getting the captain. | 我要去找机长了 |
[43:42] | Yeah, get the captain, | 很好 找机长去吧 |
[43:42] | ’cause I’d like to have a word with him. | 我还想找他说两句呢 |
[43:44] | The seat belt while we’re standing still is one thing, | 停着不动还不准解安全带是其一 |
[43:45] | but how paranoid do you have to be to think | 但你是疯成什么样 才会觉得 |
[43:47] | that I’m declaring myself in charge of the… | 我在宣告控制… |
[43:49] | – Is there a problem, sir? – Yeah, | -有什么问题吗 先生 -当然有 |
[43:50] | I was asking how paranoid you have to… | 我刚还在问呢 你是疯成什么样… |
[43:52] | – you have to be… – Sir? | -什么样… -先生 |
[43:57] | Sir? | 先生 |
[44:11] | Captain, my name is Don Keefer. | 机长 我的名字叫唐·基佛 |
[44:14] | That’s Elliot Hirsch, | 这位是埃利奥特·赫什 |
[44:16] | and that’s Sloan Sabbith. | 这位是斯隆·莎碧斯 |
[44:18] | We work for Atlantis Cable News. | 我们供职于亚特兰蒂斯有线新闻 |
[44:20] | And we wanted you and your first officer | 我们希望您和副机长 |
[44:23] | and Flight Attendant Crazy Lady | 以及空服员疯子小姐 |
[44:25] | to be the first ones on this plane to know | 成为飞机上第一批知道这消息的人 |
[44:28] | that our armed forces | 我们的军队 |
[44:29] | killed Osama bin Laden for you tonight. | 今晚为你们杀死了奥萨马·本·拉登 |
[44:29] | 说”为你们” 因为机长佩戴的胸牌为美联航标志 而911被劫持的飞机之一便是美联航的 | |
[44:32] | You’re serious? | 真的吗 |
[44:34] | Yes, sir. | 是的 先生 |
[44:54] | We reported the news. | 我们还是报道这条新闻了 |
[45:05] | Sorry, I thought it was a spider. | 抱歉 我以为是蜘蛛 |
[45:07] | Tapping you on the shoulder? | 蜘蛛能拍你肩膀 |
[45:09] | – Not everything makes sense. – Most things do. | -并非事事都符合常理 -大多都是啊 |
[45:12] | Look, can I say something? | 我能说几句吗 |
[45:13] | You have to get the last word, too? | 你还要最后说几句吗 |
[45:14] | This never would have worked. | 我们俩本来就不可能 |
[45:16] | I want to find out. | 试了才知道 |
[45:17] | Yes, this was a fix-up that I didn’t want. | 的确 这次牵线我本来不想要的 |
[45:20] | And Maggie forced Valentine’s Day on me. | 情人节也是玛姬强迫我的 |
[45:23] | And there was a certain amount of… | 而且我做了一些… |
[45:25] | cowardly behavior disguised as politeness. | 懦夫行为 还自诩是礼貌 |
[45:28] | But now I’d like to ask you out on a first date. | 但现在 我希望你能跟我初次约会 |
[45:31] | A complete do-over. | 彻底重新来过 |
[45:34] | I like you and I’m asking you out on a date. | 我喜欢你 我要和你约会 |
[45:39] | Took your breath away, didn’t I? | 大吃一惊吧 |
[45:41] | Now I get to make a cool exit. | 现在我可以华丽退场了 |
[45:44] | Less cool because you said so. | 说出来就不华丽了哟 |
[45:48] | – McAvoy! – You don’t have to shout. | -麦卡沃伊 -别吼了 |
[45:50] | You haven’t heard me shout. Where is he?! | 你还没听过我真正吼过呢 他在哪里 |
[45:53] | Lonny. Good evening, officers. | 朗尼 晚上好 警官们 |
[45:57] | Uh-oh. There’s no way they can know, right? | 他们不可能看得出来吧 |
[46:00] | – No. – Can we help you? | -不会 -有何贵干 |
[46:03] | Mr. McAvoy, you know this man? | 麦卡沃伊先生 你认识这人吗 |
[46:05] | Of course, he’s a very famous jockey. | 当然啦 他是个有名的驾驶员啊 |
[46:07] | Sir, we’d appreciate your cooperation. | 先生 请您配合 |
[46:09] | He’s my bodyguard | 他是我的保镖 |
[46:12] | and I ran out of the car because we were stuck in traffic, | 我从车里跑出来 因为我们堵在路上了 |
[46:14] | and chances are he abandoned the car to try to protect me | 我估计他下了车 想要保护我 |
[46:17] | ’cause he’s good at his job. | 因为他恪尽职守 |
[46:19] | He’s also a former MP in the US Army, | 他还曾在陆军部队当过宪兵 |
[46:21] | so I want to tell him something. Lonny, come here. | 所以我有话跟他说 朗尼 过来 |
[46:43] | You should tell them. | 你应该告诉他们 |
[46:45] | You should tell them. | 该由你告诉他们 |
[46:51] | Officers… | 警官们… |
[46:53] | I have some news for you. | 有个新闻要告诉你们 |
[47:17] | This is Charlie Skinner. | 我是查理·斯金纳 |
[47:19] | So, we’ve established trust? | 我们建立信任了吧 |
[47:21] | Is this Late For Dinner? | 你是”不速之客” |
[47:23] | Yeah. | 是我 |
[47:25] | You work for the White House or DOD? | 你在白宫还是国防部工作 |
[47:27] | Neither. | 都不是 |
[47:29] | You’ve been calling me on a cell phone. | 你一直在拿手机给我打电话 |
[47:31] | There are about 19 different ways… | 我有19种方法… |
[47:33] | The calls are encrypted. | 通话都加密了 |
[47:34] | I know how to find out who I am, but you don’t. | 我懂得如何查出我是谁 但你不懂 |
[47:37] | – So you’re with the NSA? – I am. | -你是国家安全局的 -是的 |
[47:40] | I’m with a unit that’s been monitoring illegal electronic surveillance. | 我的小组负责监测 非法电子监视 |
[47:43] | – By whom? – By AWM. | -谁的非法监视 -AWM的 |
[47:46] | “News of the World” isn’t the only tabloid | 《世界新闻报》不是唯一一家 |
[47:46] | 默多克的新闻集团旗下的报刊 因电话邮件窃听丑闻 导致这份拥有168年历史 全国最畅销的周日报刊停刊 | |
[47:48] | that figured out how to hack a phone. | 懂得窃听手机的小报 |
[47:51] | If you’re fucking around with me… | 如果你是在搞恶作剧… |
[47:53] | I think by now you know I’m not. | 你现在应该清楚 我不是 |
[47:54] | You’ve got a big night ahead of you. | 今晚是个大日子 |
[47:56] | – We’ll talk again. – When? | -我们以后再聊 -什么时候 |
[47:58] | When I want to. | 等我想聊的时候 |
[47:59] | AWM owns a tabloid magazine, “TMI.” | AWM持有一家叫TMI的小报杂志 |
[48:03] | Are you saying you have evidence | 你是想说 你有证据 |
[48:05] | that they’ve been engaging in the same kind of… | 证明他们从事非法… |
[48:07] | you’re not there, are you? | 你已经挂了 是吧 |
[48:11] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[48:14] | Charlie? | 查理 |
[48:15] | What if I told you that bin Laden wasn’t the only story we got tonight? | 也许本·拉登不是今晚唯一的故事 |
[48:19] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[48:24] | Don’t worry about it. | 没什么 |
[48:26] | I think we should go. | 我们该报了 |
[48:28] | Jay Carney or someone’s office would have sent us an email saying reportable. | 若消息属实 杰·卡尔尼会发来邮件确认可报 |
[48:32] | They also would have called us begging us not to report it. | 他同时还会打电话来 求我们不要报 |
[48:34] | I’m unwilling to take that chance. | 我不愿冒险 |
[48:36] | When was the last time you checked your emails? | 你上次检查邮件是什么时候 |
[48:38] | – 15 seconds ago. – When was the last time you did? | -15秒前 -你上次检查是什么时候 |
[48:43] | Look at your BlackBerry. | 看你的黑莓 |
[48:47] | – Press the buttons! – Sure. | -按亮它 -好 |
[48:54] | Okay, not tonight, but in days to come, you’ll look back | 过了今晚 以后你们回想起这一刻时 |
[48:58] | and think that this moment was funny. | 一定会觉得很好笑 |
[49:03] | – It’s from 20 minutes ago. – Yeah. | -20分钟前发来的 -没错 |
[49:05] | What’s it say? | 写的什么 |
[49:06] | “OBL reportable. Knock ’em dead just like we did.” | “拉登可报 像我们从前那样 把观众震翻吧” |
[49:12] | Who’s it from? | 谁发来的 |
[49:13] | – Joe Biden. – Are you kidding me?! | -乔·拜登 -你开玩笑的吧 |
[49:16] | We used to play softball together when he was in the Senate. | 他还是参议员时 我们常一起打垒球 |
[49:19] | He knows something about the landing leg. | 他对落地腿很有研究 |
[49:20] | Get on the air! | 快去直播 |
[49:23] | We’re going! | 立刻直播 |
[49:30] | When did you turn into Ted Baxter? | 你什么时候变成特德·巴克斯特了 |
[49:32] | Oh, come on. Enjoy the moment. | 人生得意须尽欢 |
[49:36] | Herb, have Washington throw it to us in 30 seconds. | 赫布 让华盛顿30秒后插播我们 |
[49:38] | Copy that. DC control, you’re gonna throw it here in 30. | 收到 华盛顿控制室 请30秒后开始插播 |
[49:47] | 奥巴马 好人 | |
[49:47] | 奥萨马 坏人 | |
[49:48] | Good thinking. | 好想法 |
[49:50] | – Let’s see the banner. – Right here. | -看一下版头 -好 |
[49:55] | 帽子上的FDNY(Fire Department of New York) 代表双子塔所在地 纽约市消防队 | |
[50:05] | In five. | 倒数五秒 |
[50:10] | Do it for me, Will. | 为我而做吧 威尔 |
[50:12] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[50:13] | From New York City, I’m Will McAvoy. | 这里是纽约 我是威尔·麦卡沃伊 |
[50:16] | ACN is now able to report and confirm | ACN终于可以报道 并确认 |
[50:19] | that for the first time in almost three decades, | 三十年以来 世界可以首次 |
[50:21] | the world has no reason to fear Osama bin Laden. | 不再畏惧奥萨马·本·拉登 |
[50:25] | In just a moment, in a live address to the nation, | 在稍后的全国直播中 |
[50:28] | the president will announce | 总统将会宣告 |
[50:30] | that in a coordinated operation under the cover of darkness, | 在一项行动中 在夜幕的掩护下 |
[50:33] | US Special Forces tonight | 美军特种部队 于今晚 |
[50:35] | killed the leader of al-Qaeda | 杀死了”基地”组织的首领 |
[50:37] | and the mastermind behind the deadly attack of September 11th, 2001. | 2001年9/11恐怖事件的幕后主导 |
[50:42] | It’s been nine years, seven months, and 20 days | 九年七个月20天前 |
[50:45] | since America’s most wanted criminal took from us | 美国头号通缉犯夺去了 |
[50:48] | 2,977 American sons and daughters, | 2977位美国儿女 |
[50:53] | fathers and mothers, friends and colleagues. | 父母 朋友和同事的生命 |
[50:56] | We were transformed that morning into a different nation, | 那天早晨 改变了这个国家 |
[51:00] | more fearful and so, of course, more hostile. | 加深了我们心中的恐惧 也加深了敌意 |
[51:03] | And while nothing, | 然而 没有任何东西 |
[51:04] | not even this victory our country has waited for for such a long time, | 哪怕是我们等待了如此之久的这场胜利 |
[51:08] | can bring back the souls lost on that terrible morning | 都无法挽回那个悲惨早晨 我们失去的生命 |
[51:11] | in New York City, in Virginia, | 在纽约市 在弗吉尼亚州 |
[51:14] | in a field in Pennsylvania, | 在宾夕法尼亚州的旷野上 |
[51:16] | and all across America and the world, | 在全美以及全世界 |
[51:18] | let tonight serve as a welcome reminder | 让今晚成为一个可喜的提醒 |
[51:21] | that throughout our history, | 纵观我国的历史 |
[51:23] | America’s darkest days have always | 最黑暗的日子过后 |
[51:25] | been followed by its finest hours. | 都将迎来最光明的未来 |
[51:29] | Here now, from the East Room of the White House, | 现在 来自白宫东厅 |
[51:32] | the President of the United States. | 美利坚合众国总统 |
[51:38] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[51:40] | Tonight I can report to the American people and to the world | 今夜 我终于能向美国人民和全世界宣布 |
[51:45] | that the United States has conducted an operation | 美国指挥的一项行动 |
[51:47] | that killed Osama bin Laden, | 已成功击毙奥萨马·本·拉登 |
[51:49] | the leader of al-Qaeda | “基地”组织的头目 |
[51:51] | and a terrorist who’s responsible for the murder of thousands | 这名恐怖分子背负着上千条 |
[51:55] | of innocent men, women, and children. | 无辜美国男女儿童的生命 |
[51:59] | It was nearly 10 years ago | 近十年前 |
[52:01] | that a bright September day was darkened | 九月的一天 明媚的阳光 |
[52:03] | by the worst attack on the American people in our history. | 被美国有史以来最惨重的恐怖袭击所遮蔽 |
[52:07] | The images of 9/11 are seared into our national memory. | 9/11事件的情景 烙在了全国人民的记忆中 |
[52:11] | Hijacked planes cutting through a cloudless September sky. | 被劫持的飞机划过万里无云的九月晴空 |
[52:16] | The Twin Towers collapsing to the ground. | 双子塔轰然倒塌 |
[52:19] | Black smoke billowing up from the Pentagon. | 五角大楼冒出浓浓黑烟 |
[52:22] | The wreckage of Flight 93 in Shanksville, Pennsylvania, | 宾夕法尼亚93航班的残骸 |
[52:27] | where the actions of heroic citizens | 93航班上乘客们的英勇行为 |
[52:29] | saved even more heartbreak and destruction. | 阻止了更严重的伤亡和破坏 |
[52:33] | And yet we know that the worst images | 然而我们知道 最痛心的印象 |
[52:35] | are those that were unseen to the world. | 是那些无法展示在世人面前的 |
[52:37] | The empty seat at the dinner table. | 餐桌边的空座位 |
[52:40] | Children were forced to grow up without their mother or their father… | 孩子们不得不在失去父母的环境中长大… |