时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:24] | I need some kind of sign from you. | 你得给我点提示 |
[01:25] | I need an indication, some kind of indication, that you– | 你得做出一点表态 让我知道你… |
[01:29] | – What? – Fully understand the stupidity of this. | -怎么 -完全明白这有多蠢 |
[01:32] | – I do. – Doesn’t feel like it. | -我明白 -我没感觉出来 |
[01:34] | How would you like me to behave? | 你希望我怎么样 |
[01:36] | It feels to me– I have to say, | 我觉得 我必须说出来 |
[01:38] | it feels to me like you think this is nuance, | 我觉得你认为这事重在细节 |
[01:40] | that you think there are layers that have to be explored. | 你认为这里面还有更多的事 |
[01:41] | – Why do you say that? – For one thing, | -为什么这么说 -首先 |
[01:43] | there’s four lawyers in the room | 这间屋子里有四个律师 |
[01:45] | billing out at, I don’t know. | 我不知道你们挣多少钱 |
[01:47] | I’m sure you’re worth it. | 你们肯定值那个价 |
[01:48] | And you’ve been here five days. This is your fifth day. | 而且你们来五天了 这是第五天 |
[01:51] | But that’s my point. Why do we need lawyers who are worth it? | 但我要说的就是这个 我们为什么要请好律师 |
[01:54] | Why do we need lawyers? Why do we need lawyers? | 我们为什么要请律师 我们何必请律师 |
[01:56] | You’re being sued. | 你们被人起诉了 |
[01:57] | And you’re saying that like it’s not insane. | 听你的口气好像这事很正常 |
[01:59] | You’re saying that like it isn’t– | 听你的口气好像… |
[02:05] | Tell me what I’m missing. | 我说漏了什么告诉我 |
[02:06] | A producer comes up from DC. | 一个从华府来的制片人 |
[02:08] | He wants to make a name for himself in New York. | 他想在纽约为自己扬名立万 |
[02:11] | He chases a story that’s not there. | 他去跟踪一条虚假的新闻 |
[02:12] | And the story, it’s not a kitten up a tree. | 而且这条新闻不是树上有只小猫 |
[02:14] | Chemical weapons, sarin gas on civilians. | 而是化学武器 是对平民使用沙林毒气 |
[02:17] | He cooks an interview. | 他篡改了采访录像 |
[02:19] | He takes a pair of scissors to raw footage. | 他剪辑了原始录像带 |
[02:21] | Of a man on the street? | 是采访路人甲的录像带吗 |
[02:23] | Of a retired, three-star Marine general. | 不 是一位退役海军陆战队三星上将 |
[02:25] | We go to air. 48 hours it takes for the story to come undone | 我们播出了新闻 48小时内新闻被证实为虚假 |
[02:28] | and with it Atlantis Cable News. | 亚特兰蒂斯有线新闻也受到牵连 |
[02:30] | ACN is brought to its knees. | ACN颜面扫地 |
[02:32] | The producer’s surgical strike is discovered and the producer is fired. | 制片人的小动作被发现 此人随后被解雇 |
[02:35] | Does he write an open letter to the “New York Times” | 他向《纽约时报》发出公开信 |
[02:37] | apologizing to the public, his colleagues, | 向公众 他的同事 |
[02:38] | the three-star general, and the US Armed Forces? | 那位三星上将和整个美军道歉了吗 |
[02:40] | No, he sues us for wrongful termination. | 没有 他起诉我们不正当解雇 |
[02:43] | And I need to know, I need some kind of sign from you, Rebecca, | 我需要知道 我需要你表示出来 丽贝卡 |
[02:46] | because you’re obviously– all four of you, | 因为你们显然 你们四个都是 |
[02:48] | you can’t be stupid and afford haircuts this good. | 你们发型这么好看 肯定智商不低 |
[02:50] | I need you to tell me that this is exactly as insane as it is. | 我需要你告诉这事的确就是这么不靠谱 |
[02:53] | I’m afraid I’m going to have to infuriate you. | 恐怕我要惹你生气了 |
[02:56] | – Why? – Because it is nuanced. | -为什么 -因为这的确重在细节 |
[02:58] | He cooked an interview. He took pruning shears to the raw– | 他篡改了采访录像 他剪辑了原始… |
[03:02] | Rebecca, if he doused the studio in kerosene | 丽贝卡 如果他把整个演播室浸满汽油 |
[03:05] | and lit a tiki torch, | 然后点了把火 |
[03:05] | it wouldn’t have done as much damage as Genoa, | 也不及热那亚事件的毁灭性大 |
[03:07] | so where is the complexity? Where is the nuance? | 这事到底哪里复杂了 细节在哪里 |
[03:10] | His claim is he’s a scapegoat. | 他声称他是替罪羊 |
[03:13] | – That’s his claim? – Yeah. | -他是这么说的 -是的 |
[03:15] | I understand why he’d feel that way, | 我理解他为什么会这么认为 |
[03:16] | because it was entirely his fault. | 因为这完全就是他的错 |
[03:18] | And if it was entirely his fault, | 如果完全是他的错 |
[03:19] | then it’s not at all anyone else’s. | 那就不能怪你们其他任何人 |
[03:21] | It was not at all anyone else’s. | 完全不能怪其他任何人 |
[03:23] | That’s where the plaintiff disagrees. | 这就是原告不赞同的地方 |
[03:24] | And if Dantana was being offered as a sacrifice to the gods… | 如果丹塔纳真的被祭天了 |
[03:26] | – Oh, Rebecca. – …and it was an institutional failure | -丽贝卡啊 -而实际上是机制问题 |
[03:29] | – that led to the airing of Genoa… – I’m gonna eat this table. | -导致了热那亚播报 -我要吃桌子了 |
[03:31] | and he is paying the price for mistakes that were made above him. | 而他却为他上司犯下的错误买单 |
[03:35] | This isn’t an original story, Don. | 这事屡见不鲜 唐 |
[03:37] | – He cooked– – That’s the nuance. | -他篡改了 -细节就在这里 |
[03:40] | The nuance is he’s gonna leverage the public’s inexhaustible love | 细节在于他要利用公众对于 |
[03:43] | of big shots falling down. | 大人物倒台的热衷 |
[03:44] | Charlie, Will, and Mac. | 查理 威尔 麦肯 |
[03:47] | I know how this ends. | 我明白这事会如何收场 |
[03:48] | Why is it called a red team? | 为什么要叫红队 |
[03:55] | The blood cells. | 血细胞 |
[03:58] | White blood cells attack an infection, | 白细胞攻击感染 |
[03:59] | red blood cells clean it up. | 红细胞收拾残局 |
[04:00] | You have a group of people | 有一队人 |
[04:01] | investigating a story, they’re the white team. | 去调查一篇报道 他们就是白队 |
[04:03] | Other people are purposely kept out of the loop | 其他人有意被排除在外 |
[04:05] | so that when the white team is ready, they can– | 这样等白队准备好了 他们就能 |
[04:07] | – Fresh eyes. – We’re supposed to poke holes in it. | -带来新视角 -我们应该找出漏洞 |
[04:09] | – And were you able to? – Were we… | -你们找出来了吗 -我们 |
[04:11] | The first red team. You… | 第一队红队 你 |
[04:14] | Jim Harper, Sloan Sabbith. | 吉姆·哈珀 斯隆·莎碧斯 |
[04:17] | Was anyone able to poke holes in it? | 你们几个找到漏洞了吗 |
[04:18] | No. Other than the made-up interview, it was a solid story. | 不 除了篡改录像带 整个报道没问题 |
[04:21] | I’m asking if you were able to poke holes in it. | 我是在问你们有没有找到漏洞 |
[04:23] | This is exactly what I’m talking about. What does it matter? | 我就是要说这个 这有什么关系呢 |
[04:25] | It matters. It matters because | 当然有关系 因为 |
[04:27] | there were holes in the story, right? | 这篇报道的确有漏洞 不是吗 |
[04:29] | – Yeah. – Now, Don, a ton of them, right? | -是的 -而且有一堆呢 唐 |
[04:31] | We didn’t see the holes because– | 我们没发现漏洞 因为… |
[04:34] | That’s institutional failure, right? | 这不就是机制问题吗 |
[04:39] | You don’t have to answer that. | 你不用回答 |
[04:40] | – In fact, don’t. – I can. | -事实上 别回答 -我能回答 |
[04:42] | First red team meeting was seven months ago. | 第一次红队会议是七个月之前 |
[04:45] | Charlie wants more evidence. | 查理要挖掘更多证据 |
[04:47] | Second red team meeting, you have Stomtonovich now. | 第二次红队会议 你们有斯托姆托洛维奇了 |
[04:50] | – Charlie still wants more evidence. – That’s not diligent? | -查理还要继续找证据 -这还不够用心吗 |
[04:52] | Third red team meeting, you have Valenzuela now | 第三次红队会议 你们找到了巴伦苏埃拉 |
[04:54] | and Charlie green-lights Genoa. | 于是查理同意报道热那亚 |
[04:56] | And I’m asking you, other than the cooked tape, Mrs. Lincoln, | 我要问的是 除了篡改的录像带 林肯夫人 |
[04:59] | were there any holes in the story? | 这篇报道还有其他漏洞吗 |
[05:02] | – Yes. – But you didn’t find any of them. | -是的 -但你们没找到 |
[05:04] | We found all of them. And I grant you | 我们都找到了 我承认 |
[05:07] | it would’ve been better if we found them before the story aired. | 如果我们播报之前就能发现这些漏洞就更好了 |
[05:08] | You’ll grant me that. | 你承认 |
[05:10] | He digitaly remaster an interview. | 他用数码技术篡改了采访 |
[05:11] | That is the all of it. That’s it. | 事情就是这样 |
[05:13] | There was no institutional failure. | 没什么机制问题 |
[05:15] | Where was the third red team meeting? | 第三次红队会议在哪举行的 |
[05:17] | Where did Charlie give the green light? | 查理在哪同意进行报道的 |
[05:21] | It was right in this room. | 就在这间屋子里 |
[05:22] | This is an interview with Gunnery Sergeant Eric Sweeney, | 这是对三级军士长埃里克·斯维尼的采访 |
[05:25] | the first member of the Genoa crew to come forward. | 热那亚行动参与者中最先站出来的人 |
[05:29] | It was recorded in September of last year. | 这是去年九月录制的 |
[05:31] | The third red team meeting, red team three, | 第三次红队会议 三号红队 |
[05:33] | we were all walked through the evidence again. | 我们都再次回顾了所有证据 |
[05:36] | One, Jerry gets a tip from Cyrus West, | 一 杰利从塞卢斯·维斯特那里得到消息 |
[05:39] | a retired Air Force captain who had just appeared on “News Night” | 他是退役空军上尉 刚刚在《晚间新闻》上 |
[05:41] | in support of drone strikes. | 表示支持无人机攻击 |
[05:42] | Cyrus West is known among people I know | 据我认识的人称塞卢斯·维斯特 |
[05:45] | as a guy with ambition. | 是一个有野心的人 |
[05:47] | What kind of ambition? | 什么样的野心 |
[05:48] | Congress, “Dancing With the Stars,” I don’t know. | 进入国会 参加《星随舞动》 我也不知道 |
[05:51] | But you have to take what he said with a salt lick. | 但是他的话不能全信 |
[05:53] | Did you warn anyone about that? | 你提醒别人了吗 |
[05:55] | I couldn’t. I wasn’t in the loop. | 没有 我当时不在场 |
[05:57] | You also weren’t in New York. | 而且你也不在纽约 |
[05:59] | I was in New Hampshire with the Romney campaign at the time. | 我当时在新罕布什尔跟踪报道罗姆尼竞选团队 |
[06:01] | – Why? – I was covering for our embed, | -为什么 -我去顶替我们的记者 |
[06:03] | a guy named Ben Furusho who’d hurt himself. | 本·福鲁索 他弄伤了自己 |
[06:05] | – How’d he hurt himself? – Ben? | -他怎么受伤的 -本吗 |
[06:07] | – Yeah. – Mark is asking did he hurt himself | -对 -马克是在问 他是因为 |
[06:09] | saving people from a burning building? | 冲进着火的楼里救人而受伤的吗 |
[06:11] | No, he got drunk and tried to jump from his second-floor balcony | 不 他喝醉了 想从纳舒厄假日酒店 |
[06:14] | into the pool at the Nashua Holiday Inn. | 二楼的阳台跳进游泳池里 |
[06:16] | Were you the only one available to cover for him? | 你是当时唯一能去顶替他的人吗 |
[06:19] | No. | 不是的 |
[06:20] | Were you the only one qualified to cover for him? | 你是唯一能胜任他的工作的人吗 |
[06:22] | No. | 不是 |
[06:23] | Who made the decision you should cover for him? | 是谁决定由你去顶替他的 |
[06:25] | – I did. – You sent yourself to New Hampshire? | -是我 -你把自己发配到新罕布什尔了 |
[06:28] | I think you know what these guys are getting at. | 我想你明白他们想问什么 |
[06:35] | There is a woman I work with– | 我有一位女同事… |
[06:36] | Maggie Jordan. We don’t have to make this excruciating. | 玛姬·乔丹 我们就不折磨你了 |
[06:39] | You had a relationship with a coworker. | 你跟你的同事有一段恋情 |
[06:41] | – It wasn’t a relationship. – You had something with Maggie, | -那不算恋情 -你跟玛姬有点暧昧 |
[06:44] | but she was living with Don | 但她当时在跟唐同居 |
[06:45] | and your heart was a little dinged up, | 而你为此很难过 |
[06:46] | so you wanted to get out of town for a while | 于是就想离开这里一阵 |
[06:47] | and that’s why you weren’t available to do your job, | 所以你不能履行职责 |
[06:49] | which at that moment included saying to MacKenzie, | 当时就包括告诉麦肯兹 |
[06:51] | “Don’t trust Cyrus West.” | “别相信塞卢斯·维斯特” |
[06:54] | What is it Jerry’s counting on? | 杰利想怎么样啊 |
[06:55] | That you guys don’t want stories like that made public. | 你们根本不想报道这样的新闻 |
[06:58] | Go back to red team three. | 回到三号红队上 |
[06:59] | Genoa got on the air because I was distracted? | 热那亚的报道是因为我分心了 |
[07:01] | Go back. | 继续说红队会议 |
[07:04] | One, Jerry gets the tip from Cyrus West. | 一 杰利从塞卢斯·维斯特那儿得到了消息 |
[07:06] | The tip leads him to Eric Sweeney. That’s two. | 这则消息让他找到了埃里克·斯维尼 这是第二 |
[07:09] | Here’s the Sweeney interview. | 这是斯维尼的采访 |
[07:11] | Would you say your name, rank, and your last billet? | 请你说一下你的姓名 军衔 最后服役部队 |
[07:14] | Gunnery Sergeant Eric Sweeney. | 三级军士长埃里克·斯维尼 |
[07:16] | Before my discharge, I was stationed with a MARSOC unit in J-bad. | 退役之前 我被派去J-bad的MARSOC服役 |
[07:19] | – That’s Marine Special Operations Command in Jalalabad? – Yes, sir. | -贾拉拉巴德的美军特种作战指挥部 -是的 |
[07:22] | Have you ever heard of a black op called Genoa? | 你听说过一个叫热那亚的秘密行动吗 |
[07:25] | Yes, sir. | 是的 |
[07:27] | Did you participate in that black op? | 你参与那起秘密行动了吗 |
[07:29] | This was maybe the hundredth time I’d seen the Sweeney interview. | 那可能是我第一百次看斯维尼的采访录像了 |
[07:33] | Intel had location on two Marine POWs | 情报显示两名海军陆战队战士 |
[07:36] | who’d been separated from their unit three days earlier | 三天前在兴都库什山交火冲突中 |
[07:38] | during a firefight in the Hindu Kush. | 与大部队分开随后被俘 |
[07:41] | They’d been smuggled across the border | 他们被带出了边境 |
[07:43] | and the Pakistani Taliban intended to sell them | 巴基斯坦塔利班为宣传目的 |
[07:45] | for propaganda purposes. | 要把他们卖掉 |
[07:47] | What does “Propaganda purposes” Mean? | “宣传目的”是什么意思 |
[07:49] | They were gonna be publically beheaded. | 他们会被公开斩首 |
[07:51] | And if we didn’t get them | 如果在他们转移之前 |
[07:51] | before they were moved again, we’d lose them. | 我们没有救出人质 那我们将失去他们 |
[07:53] | Operation Genoa was an extraction. | 热那亚行动是一次营救人质行动 |
[07:55] | A MARSOC unit flies in on a couple of Black Hawks | 一个特战分队乘黑鹰直升机降落 |
[07:57] | and grabs our guys, but the first unit was overrun | 救出了人质 但第一分队受到攻击 |
[08:00] | and the second unit, the story goes, | 于是 第二分队 |
[08:03] | dropped sarin gas. | 扔下了沙林毒气弹 |
[08:05] | Suddenly I’m tripping over people screaming. | 突然我就摔倒了 大家都在尖叫 |
[08:06] | Boils and burns on their bodies. Some of them passed out. | 身上燃起了大火 一些人因此丧生 |
[08:09] | What did you think was in the missile? | 你觉得导弹里面是什么 |
[08:11] | I wasn’t sure, but I didn’t have time | 我不确定 我也没时间 |
[08:12] | to think about it until we were out of there. | 考虑是什么直到我们离开那 |
[08:14] | So later I’m talking to the crew, | 随后 我跟队员讨论 |
[08:15] | I’m asking about the weapons package. | 我问他们所使用的武器是什么 |
[08:16] | Why’d the white phosphorus do that? | 白磷弹怎么会出现那种效果 |
[08:18] | And the guy said it wasn’t the Willie Pete. | 队员们说 那不是”威利皮特” |
[08:19] | I said, “What was it?” He said, “Sarin.” | 我说 那是什么 他答道 沙林 |
[08:22] | Will was the only one in | 威尔是屋子里唯一 |
[08:23] | the room who hadn’t heard the story before. | 没有听说过这个故事的人 |
[08:26] | I looked over to see what his first reaction was going to be. | 我扭头看了看他的反应 |
[08:29] | The guy said it wasn’t the Willie Pete. | 队员说那不是”威利皮特” |
[08:30] | I said, “What was it?” He said, “Sarin.” | 我说 那是什么 他答道 沙林 |
[08:33] | There was no expression. | 但他脸上却毫无表情 |
[08:36] | Cyrus West, Eric Sweeney, that’s one and two. | 塞卢斯·维斯特 埃里克·斯维尼 这是两个证人 |
[08:39] | The tweets from Hamni8 were three. | 还有汉尼8的推文 这是第三个证据 |
[08:41] | Four was Leon Deit and the NGO report. | 第四个是利昂·迪特和他的非政府报告 |
[08:43] | Five was Charlie’s source who handed over the helo manifest. | 第五个是查理线人提供的直升机载货单 |
[08:47] | This is a list of every weapon the Black Hawks were carrying, | 这是一份黑鹰直升机所搭载武器的清单 |
[08:50] | or at least one of the two Black Hawks. | 至少是两架中的一架 |
[08:52] | MX-76 MX-76. | |
[08:54] | Five munitions experts say there’s no such thing. | 五位军火专家都说这东西不存在 |
[08:57] | It’s what you write in that | 通常当你搭载的是机密物品时 |
[08:58] | spot when your payload is codeword-classified. | 才会用到这个字眼 |
[09:00] | That’s the sarin. | 也就是沙林 |
[09:02] | Charlie’s source was our fifth piece of evidence. | 查理的线人是我们的第五个证据 |
[09:04] | Were you happy with the evidence so far? | 你对目前掌握的证据满意吗 |
[09:06] | – Was I? – Yeah. | -你问我 -对啊 |
[09:10] | Rebecca, I run our website. | 丽贝卡 我是负责网站的 |
[09:12] | I’m not an investigative reporter. | 我不是调查记者 |
[09:14] | Yeah, I’m just asking how you felt about the evidence so far. | 对 我就是问你对这些证据的看法 |
[09:18] | I’m not qualified to judge the evidence. | 我没有资格去讨论这些证据 |
[09:20] | You were on the Genoa team? | 你在报道热那亚行动的团队中吗 |
[09:21] | – Yeah. – You were put on the team? | -我在 -你被安排在团队中了 |
[09:23] | – Yes. Yes. – Neal. | -对 是的 -尼尔 |
[09:24] | Don’t ever fucking say out loud | 那就别他妈的大声说 |
[09:25] | that you are unqualified to judge the evidence. | 你没有资格讨论这些证据 |
[09:27] | – Wait– – Don’t ever say it again. | -等等 -别再说了 |
[09:28] | I was absolutely qualified to chase the Hamni8 tweets, | 我完全有资格去调查汉尼8的推文 |
[09:31] | – which was my job on the team. – I get that. | -这是我在团队中的工作 -我知道 |
[09:33] | You get that. They get that. | 你知道 他们也知道 |
[09:35] | Let’s quit while we’re ahead. | 既然讨论过就不要再提了 |
[09:37] | Five was Charlie’s source with the helo manifest. | 第五个是查理线人提供的直升机载货单 |
[09:40] | Six was Stomtonovich. | 第六个是斯托姆托洛维奇将军 |
[09:42] | At the time of Genoa, | 在执行热那亚行动时 |
[09:43] | we still had sarin gas. Is that right? | 我们仍然有沙林毒气 对吗 |
[09:45] | – Yes, we did. – You’re sure of this? | -对 -你确定吗 |
[09:47] | We had sarin gas at the time of Genoa and we have sarin today. | 我们在当时有沙林毒气 现在也有 |
[09:51] | According to the OPCW, the US was scheduled | 根据OPCW 美国应于2007年底 |
[09:53] | to have completed its destruction of chemical weapons by 2007. | 彻底销毁其拥有的化学武器 |
[09:57] | – The US missed that deadline. – Stop the tape. | -美国没有在截止日期前完成 -暂停 |
[10:02] | What are we gonna do about the basketball game? | 我们要怎么处理视频中的篮球赛 |
[10:03] | – We’ll blur it out. – Why? | -模糊化处理 -为什么 |
[10:05] | Was the interview conducted in front of a game? | 访谈是在电视前面进行的吗 |
[10:07] | – He wanted it on. – Why not move his chair? | -他不想关电视 -为什么不挪椅子 |
[10:10] | I wanted the Marine paraphernalia in the shot, | 我想把陆战队装备拍到镜头中 |
[10:12] | but to get that, I couldn’t frame out the screen, | 所以我不能挪动屏幕 |
[10:14] | which I knew I could take out later. Is this important? | 但之后我可以去除 这很重要吗 |
[10:20] | Still no reaction from Will. | 可是威尔还是毫无表情 |
[10:22] | Stomtonovich was six | 斯托姆托洛维奇是第六个 |
[10:24] | and then Valenzuela was seven. | 巴伦苏埃拉是第七个 |
[10:25] | I conducted the interview with Lance Corporal Herman Valenzuela | 我在前天 8月22日 |
[10:28] | on August 22, the day before yesterday. | 采访了准下士赫尔曼·巴伦苏埃拉 |
[10:30] | Here it is. | 这是录像 |
[10:32] | Did you use gas on the mission? | 你们在任务中使用毒气了吗 |
[10:36] | Valenzuela, the crew chief on board | 巴伦苏埃拉 其中一架直升机 |
[10:38] | one of the two MARSOC helos, confirms everything | 的当值机长 证实了维斯特 斯维尼 |
[10:40] | we’ve been told by West, Sweeney, and Stomtonovich, | 和斯托姆托洛维奇将军的说辞 |
[10:42] | all of which is consistent with the tweets from Hamni8, | 所有的一切都与汉尼8的推文 |
[10:45] | the Leon Deit report and Charlie’s source with the helo manifest. | 利昂·迪特的报告还有查理线人提供的直升机装载单一致 |
[10:49] | The presentation is over | 所有的展示结束了 |
[10:51] | and Will’s just heard everything for the first time. | 威尔是第一次听到了所有事情 |
[10:53] | This is what’s been happening for the last 11 months. | 这就是这11个月以来发生的事情 |
[10:56] | Yeah, I had a hunch. | 对 我有预感 |
[10:59] | You did? | 是吗 |
[11:04] | I heard the same story. | 我听说了同样的事 |
[11:10] | That came as kind of a shock to everybody. | 这句话让大家都震惊了 |
[11:13] | Like Charlie’s source, Will was only able to identify | 就像查理的线人 威尔只能确定 |
[11:16] | him or her as reliable and in a position to know. | 他的线人可信 而且是知情人 |
[11:18] | – At that moment– – I know | -当时… -我知道 |
[11:19] | what you’re gonna ask and it doesn’t matter. | 你要问什么 这无关紧要 |
[11:21] | Sloan, at that moment, did anyone in the room– | 斯隆 当时屋里有没有人… |
[11:24] | you’ve got everyone– | 所有人都在那 |
[11:24] | you’ve got the president of the news division, | 有新闻部的主任 |
[11:26] | the editor and anchor in chief, the EP, | 有主编和主播 有制片人 |
[11:29] | – senior producer, staff. – It didn’t matter. | -有高级制作人和员工 -这无关紧要 |
[11:31] | Did anyone at that moment think to ask | 当时有没有人想到去问 |
[11:33] | if Charlie’s source and Will’s source were the same person? | 查理的线人和威尔的线人是同一个人 |
[11:36] | It didn’t matter. | 这无关紧要 |
[11:38] | – Did anyone– – It was already a go. | -有没有人 -已经够报道了 |
[11:40] | Will’s source was just extra. | 威尔的线人也只是辅证 |
[11:41] | It didn’t make you feel more confident | 但是威尔也听说了这事 |
[11:43] | that Will had heard it too? | 这不会让你们更有自信吗 |
[11:46] | – Yes. – Did anyone ask? | -会 -有人就此发问吗 |
[11:50] | No. | 没有 |
[11:54] | How many more times did you review the evidence? | 你们对证据又进行了多少次审核 |
[11:57] | I’m not sure. | 我也不确定 |
[11:58] | We went through the whole thing maybe four more times. | 大概又重新审核了四遍 |
[12:01] | I’m ready to say go. | 我觉得可以报道了 |
[12:03] | You know how I feel. | 你们知道我的意见 |
[12:05] | – I’m convinced. – I’m not. | -我也觉得可信 -我不信 |
[12:06] | – I know. – Mac. | -我知道 -麦肯 |
[12:07] | Tell me why. | 告诉我原因 |
[12:11] | It just doesn’t feel right. | 就是感觉不对 |
[12:12] | 11 months of reporting versus your gut? | 11个月的报道和你的直觉相悖 |
[12:14] | I’ll take the reporting. | 我宁愿选择报道 |
[12:15] | – I’d take Jim’s gut. – Me, too. | -我选吉姆的直觉 -我也是 |
[12:18] | You worship at the altar of logic and reason. | 你们应该相信的是逻辑和因果啊 |
[12:20] | And I don’t believe this many | 我不相信这么多人 |
[12:21] | people could keep something like this a secret. | 可以同时保守这样的秘密 |
[12:23] | Well, they didn’t. | 他们没有啊 |
[12:24] | Jerry, I know these guys. | 杰利 我了解当兵的 |
[12:25] | Due respect, Jim, but you fetishize these guys. | 恕我直言 吉姆 你对军人太迷恋 |
[12:28] | Two million men and women in the armed services. | 两百万正在服役的士兵 |
[12:30] | You were embedded with a couple of units. | 你只和其中几个分队待在一起过 |
[12:32] | – You know a few of these guys. – Hang on. | -你只了解其中一些人 -等等 |
[12:34] | I don’t think it’s fetishizing to admire people | 他们愿意参与到这些我们 |
[12:36] | who signed up to fight a couple of wars that neither one of us | 谁都不愿意触碰的战争中 我不觉得 |
[12:38] | wanted to dirty our hands with, | 痴迷他们有什么错 |
[12:39] | but I do give them the benefit of the doubt. | 但我确实给了他们无罪推定 |
[12:41] | I gave them the benefit of the doubt, too, until I saw pictures | 我也是这么想的 直到我看见 |
[12:43] | of what’s-her-name doing the | 某某人对一名 |
[12:44] | “Get this” Pose next to prisoners in dog collars | 戴着连接汽车电池的狗项圈的犯人 |
[12:46] | wired to car batteries. | 做出”尝尝这个”的动作时 |
[12:48] | It doesn’t feel right? | 你还会说感觉不对吗 |
[12:49] | We’ve tortured, drowned, wiretapped, | 我们曾经虐待过 淹没过 监听过 |
[12:51] | renditioned, and suspended due process, | 演绎过 也废除过正规的法律程序 |
[12:53] | but you think we drew a moral and legal line someplace? | 但你觉得我们有道德和法律的底线吗 |
[12:55] | – Are you one of the Andrews Sisters? – All right. | -你是安德鲁斯姐妹吗 -好了 |
[12:55] | Andrews Sisters: 二战时期美国的女声组合 歌曲风格令人振奋且乐观 这里是讽刺吉姆对于军人的品质过于乐观 | |
[12:57] | It doesn’t feel right because– | 之所以感觉不对是因为 |
[12:59] | It doesn’t feel right because I was the one leading the team. | 是因为我是团队的领头人 |
[13:01] | I’m sure that’s not what Jim was gonna say. | 我确定这不是吉姆想说的 |
[13:02] | No, it’s exactly what I was going to say. | 不 这就是我想说的 |
[13:04] | What’s your concern with me? | 你对我有什么顾虑 |
[13:06] | My concern is that I don’t know you. | 我的顾虑就是我不了解你 |
[13:07] | Well, that’s a lame reason. | 这可不是什么好理由 |
[13:09] | No, right now he’s being paid to be skeptical. | 不 持怀疑态度是他的职责 |
[13:11] | I didn’t show up one day. | 我不是一朝成名的 |
[13:13] | I’ve been working at the DC bureau for eight years. | 我之前在华盛顿的办事处工作了八年 |
[13:15] | We may be the ugly stepsister, | 我们俩或许有点合不来 |
[13:16] | but it worked for you, too, Charlie. | 但这对你来说也是的 查理 |
[13:18] | – Don. – When Jim doesn’t feel good about a story, | -唐 -当吉姆对一个故事怀疑时 |
[13:20] | I take it seriously. | 我也会认真考虑的 |
[13:22] | But I have another concern | 但我还有另外一个顾虑 |
[13:23] | which Mac and I talked about last March. | 我和麦肯在去年三月份讨论过 |
[13:25] | – Do you remember this? – Yeah. Safety. | -你还记得吗 -对 安全性 |
[13:27] | Isn’t there a chance we’re putting soldiers in danger? | 我们会不会让士兵陷入危险吗 |
[13:29] | – Yes. – Even rioting. | -会 -甚至暴乱 |
[13:30] | Plus the “Get this” Pictures with the dog collars | 而且狗项圈和”尝尝这个”的照片 |
[13:32] | was the single best recruiting tool Al-Qaeda’s ever had. | 对于基地组织来说是最好的招募广告 |
[13:35] | You’re saying don’t run a story about the use of chemical weapons | 你是说我们不能报道使用化学武器的事件 |
[13:38] | – because it might be dangerous? – I am. | -因为这可能会造成危险 -对 |
[13:40] | But the chemical weapons, they’re not dangerous? | 但是化学武器本身就不危险吗 |
[13:42] | I’m saying the needs of– – | 我是说这样的需要… |
[13:43] | It’s the protests that we should be worried about? | 我们应该担心的是抗议活动 |
[13:45] | I also think we should consider there’s an election going on. | 我觉得我们还应该考虑正在进行的大选 |
[13:47] | You think we shouldn’t run it until after November? | 你认为我们直到11月份过后才能报道 |
[13:49] | I think we should wait until we’re sure. | 我觉得我们应该等等直到确定真实性 |
[13:51] | We are sure. You just don’t like the story. | 我们很确定 你只是不喜欢这个报道 |
[13:53] | “It is illegal to develop, produce, | “以任何方式研发 制造 |
[13:55] | otherwise acquire, transfer directly or indirectly, | 或者获得 直接转移或间接转移 |
[13:58] | receive, stockpile, retain, own, possess, or use | 接收 存储 保留 拥有 占有或使用 |
[14:01] | or threaten to use any chemical weapon. | 或威胁使用任何化学武器都是违法的 |
[14:04] | Any person who violates section 229 of this title | 任何违反本章第229节规定 |
[14:07] | and by whose action the death of another person is the result | 并因此导致另一人死亡的当事人 |
[14:10] | shall be punished by death or imprisoned for life.” | 将被处以死刑或者终生监禁 |
[14:13] | That’s not the Geneva Conventions, that’s US federal law. | 这不是《日内瓦公约》 这是美国联邦法 |
[14:16] | Whose case are you arguing? | 你到底站在哪一边 |
[14:18] | I’m just making sure we know what we’re accusing these guys of. | 我只是想让大家知道我们在指控这些军人什么 |
[14:22] | Who, by the way, rescued two Marines while taking heavy fire. | 这些人也冒着枪林弹雨解救了两位士兵 |
[14:25] | If these guys are charged, | 如果这些人被指控 |
[14:26] | there could be riots here at home, too. | 在美国本土可能也会有暴乱 |
[14:27] | – God, Don, just stay in your house. – Okay. | -天哪 唐 你就待在家里吧 -好吧 |
[14:36] | Will? | 威尔 |
[14:41] | He sat there a long time before he said… | 他停了很长时间才说… |
[14:52] | I trust Charlie and Mac. | 我相信查理和麦肯 |
[14:54] | All right, we’re going. | 好的 那我们就报道 |
[14:56] | Lock it down. | 就这么定了 |
[15:04] | 15 seconds. Stand by roll-in. | 15秒 准备切入 |
[15:06] | – Stand by. – Standing. | -准备 -准备中 |
[15:07] | – G118. – Standing. | -G118 -准备中 |
[15:08] | – Ready roll-in. – Here we go, Will. | -准备切入 -开始了 威尔 |
[15:11] | And roll in. | 切入 |
[15:23] | We’ve been at war with Al-Qaeda and its allies | 我们已经同基地组织及其盟友 |
[15:25] | for over 10 years. | 进行了长达十几年的战争 |
[15:26] | War demands sacrifice– | 战争需要牺牲 |
[15:28] | sometimes of liberty, sometimes of livelihood, | 有时牺牲的是自由 有时是个人的生活 |
[15:31] | and sometimes of life. | 而有时则是生命 |
[15:32] | But does it require us to abandon the principles | 但是它真的需要我们放弃 |
[15:35] | for which we’re fighting and | 我们为之而战的原则 |
[15:36] | inch by inch resemble more the enemy we fight? | 一步一步成为我们所抗击的敌人那样吗 |
[15:39] | As Alfred Adler once said, “It is easier to fight | 就像阿尔弗雷德·阿德勒说的[奥地利精神病学家] |
[15:42] | for one’s principles than to live up to them.” | “为信念而战远比坚守信念容易” |
[15:44] | This is “ACN Reports” And tonight | 这里是”ACN新闻报道” 今晚 |
[15:46] | we tell you the story of Operation Genoa, | 我们将会向您讲述一个叫做热那亚行动的故事 |
[15:48] | a made-for-Hollywood tale of a daring rescue mission. | 一个为好莱坞量身定做的勇敢的营救行动 |
[15:51] | It’s to you to decide if the mission was a success. | 任务是否成功将由你们来决定 |
[15:54] | Our report begins with a firefight in Afghanistan’s Hindu Kush | 我们的报道从阿富汗境内兴都库什山脉的战斗说起 |
[15:57] | that separated two Marines from their pinned-down unit. | 两名海军陆战队员和他们被困的部队失去了联系 |
[16:00] | Go three. | 进三号画面 |
[16:01] | The mountains of the Hindu Kush | 兴都库什山脉 |
[16:03] | have been violent tribal areas | 从亚历山大大帝 |
[16:04] | since before Alexander the Great | 途径波斯东征印度开始 |
[16:06] | marched through Persia on his way to India. | 就一直是暴力的部落控制地带 |
[16:09] | On one dangerous night in March 2009, | 2009年三月那个凶险的夜晚 |
[16:12] | two young Marines were on patrol… | 两名年轻的陆战队员正在巡逻 |
[16:13] | …intelligence they were gonna | 巴基斯坦的塔利班成员打算 |
[16:15] | be smuggled across the border by Pakistani Taliban. | 秘密运过国境的情报 |
[16:17] | And what else did the intelligence tell you? | 情报还提供给你什么信息 |
[16:18] | There was a ticking clock. | 时间紧迫 |
[16:19] | We knew they were gonna be sold for propaganda purposes. | 我们知道它们的交易价值在于宣传目的 |
[16:21] | – Sold to Al-Qaeda? – Yes. | -卖给基地组织 -是的 |
[16:23] | – In a matter of days? – Hours, really. | -几天之内 -几小时 |
[16:24] | According to the Organization | 根据禁止化学武器组织 |
[16:26] | for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons… | 的规定 |
[16:27] | Ready 17. Stand by 19 through 22A. | 17号待命 19号通过22A准备 |
[16:31] | Standing. | 准备完毕 |
[16:32] | But we sat down with a Marine three-star general, | 我们采访到一位海军陆战队三星上将 |
[16:35] | an expert in chemical weapons with knowledge of Operation Genoa. | 精通化学武器 熟知热那亚行动 |
[16:38] | At his request, we blacked out his face | 应其要求 遮挡了面部 |
[16:40] | – and electronically altered his voice. – Go 17. | -处理了声音 -17号播放 |
[16:43] | According to the OPCW, | 根据禁止化学武器组织的规定 |
[16:44] | the US was scheduled to have completed its destruction | 美国应该在2007年之前 |
[16:47] | of chemical weapons by 2007. | 完成化学武器的全部销毁工作 |
[16:49] | The US missed that deadline. | 美国没有在截止日期之前完成 |
[16:50] | They extended it to 2012 and they missed that deadline, too. | 他们将时间延长到2012年 并且也没有完成 |
[16:54] | At the time of Genoa, we destroyed at least 87%… | 在热那亚行动发生之时 已销毁了至少87% |
[16:57] | We asked if any exceptional measures were used in the operation. | 我们询问他在行动中是否采取了非常规手段 |
[17:00] | Exceptional measures were called for. | 情况所迫需要使用非常规手段 |
[17:03] | We asked if sarin gas was used. | 我们问他是否使用了沙林毒气 |
[17:07] | We used sarin. | 我们用了沙林 |
[17:09] | A crew chief from the operation speaks to us | 广告之后 “ACN新闻报道”继续向您带来 |
[17:12] | when “ACN Reports” Returns right after this. | 参与行动的一位机长的采访 |
[17:32] | What are your duties as crew chief? | 你作为机长的职责是什么 |
[17:34] | I’m in charge of the crew and the equipment. | 我负责管理所有的机组成员和装备 |
[17:36] | Do you oversee the loading of the helicopter, the payload? | 你是否查看了直升机上装载的物品 有效荷载 |
[17:39] | Yes, during preflight, I’d be responsible for the payload. | 是的 起飞前我要负责查看有效荷载 |
[18:20] | …being roughly 7,500 tons of sarin. | 大约7500吨沙林 |
[18:23] | The Pentagon declined our request for an interview. | 五角大楼拒绝了我们的采访要求 |
[18:26] | For everyone at “ACN Reports,” I’m Will McAvoy. | 欢迎收看”ACN新闻报道” 我是威尔·麦克沃尔 |
[18:29] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[18:38] | Are you here for a call? | 你是被电话叫来的 |
[18:39] | Congratulations? | 祝贺 |
[18:41] | General Stomtonovich. Charlie, he’s screaming. | 斯托姆诺维奇将军 查理 他在大喊大叫 |
[18:50] | – He says he never said they used sarin. – It’s on film. | -他说他从没说过使用了沙林 -片子上有 |
[18:52] | – He says he never said that. – It’s on film. | -他说他从没说过 -片子上有 |
[18:55] | – I knew this would happen. – It happens all the time. | -我就知道会这样 -常有的事 |
[18:58] | These guys get cold feet | 这些家伙们临阵退缩了 |
[18:59] | or someone at the DOD begs them to recant. | 要么就是国防部的人要求他们收回言论 |
[19:01] | – What’s he saying we did? – Edited him out of context. | -他是怎么说我们的 -说我们断章取义 |
[19:04] | – Did you tell him we have the raw footage? – Yeah. | -你跟他说我们看过原始录像带了吗 -当然 |
[19:06] | Raw footage isn’t edited out of context. | 原始录像带可没法断章取义 |
[19:08] | – It isn’t edited at all. – I told him that. | -原始录像带压根就没编辑 -我给他说了 |
[19:09] | – What did he say? – He said he was gonna kill me. | -他说什么 -他说他要杀了我 |
[19:13] | Did he say it the way Mac | 他的语气是和麦肯跟我说的时候那种 |
[19:13] | says it to me or did it seem like he meant it? | 还是真正认真的那种 |
[19:15] | – I mean it when I say it to you. – He was very upset. | -我和你说的时候也是认真的 -他很生气 |
[19:18] | Tell him I’m gonna go | 告诉他 我现在 |
[19:18] | right now to look at the raw interview again | 就去再看一遍原始录像带 |
[19:20] | and that he can look at it with me if he wants. | 如果他想的话 也可以跟我一起看 |
[19:22] | All right. | 好 |
[19:23] | – We knew things were gonna happen. – Yeah. | -我们知道会出事 -是的 |
[19:26] | Chemical weapons expert wants to kill me. | 化学武器专家想杀了我 |
[19:28] | I make the worst enemies. | 我惹上了最可怕的敌人 |
[19:30] | Seriously, I’m a perfectly nice guy. | 说真的 我真是最完美的受害者人选 |
[19:35] | People are celebrating out there. | 大家都在外面庆祝 |
[19:36] | – Yeah, I’m coming out. – Who’s playing? | -是的 我要出去 -谁在比赛 |
[19:39] | The California Golden Bears are hosting the UCLA Bruins. | 加州州大主场打加州大学洛杉矶分校 |
[19:43] | You’ll watch anything, won’t you? | 你什么都看是吧 |
[19:44] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[19:49] | Why are there two clocks? | 为什么有两个表 |
[19:52] | One’s the game clock and one’s the play clock. | 一个是计时钟 还有一个是比赛时钟 |
[19:54] | The game clock is showing how much time is left in the quarter | 计时钟显示本节比赛还有多长时间结束 |
[19:56] | and the play clock shows | 比赛时钟显示 |
[19:57] | how much time is left to get off the play. | 比赛还有多长时间结束 |
[19:59] | They only have a certain amount of time to complete the play? | 他们的比赛时长是固定的 |
[20:01] | They only have a certain amount of time to start the play. | 他们开始的时间是固定的 |
[20:03] | Don’t have that rule in soccer. | 这规则足球可没有 |
[20:05] | They don’t have any rules in soccer. | 他们的规则足球都没有 |
[20:07] | That’s why you think a game that ends in a zero-zero tie | 所以你才觉得一场零比零的平局 |
[20:09] | – is a gamely fought match. – It’s called nil-nil. | -是一场激烈的比赛 -那叫互交白卷 |
[20:10] | I was trying to keep it from being worse. | 我在设法防止情况恶化 |
[20:12] | I was helping you out. | 我在帮助你 |
[20:15] | Do any other sports have enforced pacing? | 还有其他比赛需要速度的吗 |
[20:17] | Does baseball? | 棒球 |
[20:18] | No, pitchers commonly go for a sandwich between pitches. | 不 投手在投球的间歇都去吃个三明治 |
[20:25] | Golf you can be penalized for slow play. | 高尔夫你可能因为慢打而受罚 |
[20:27] | Hockey you can hang onto the puck for as long as you want, | 冰球 你可以一直控制球 |
[20:30] | but before too long a guy named Lars is gonna hurt you. | 但很快有会有个叫拉尔斯的家伙上来揍你 |
[20:33] | Basketball has a shot clock. You’ve got 24 seconds | 篮球有投篮时限 你有24秒的时间 |
[20:36] | to put up a shot, or in college it’s 35. | 来投篮 大学比赛是35秒 |
[20:38] | Tennis you can lose a point for slow play. | 网球你可能会因为慢发球而失分 |
[20:40] | – Listen. – Yeah. | -听着 -好的 |
[20:41] | Should we be worried about the Stomtonovich call? | 我们应该担心斯托姆诺维奇的电话吗 |
[20:43] | – It’s on film. – Okay. | -他说的话都录下来了 -好 |
[20:46] | I’m gonna look at it again now. | 我现在就去再看一遍 |
[20:49] | Go Bruins! Beat the Golden Bears. | 加油棕熊队 打败金熊队 |
[20:51] | Beat them as hard as you can. | 让他们输的越惨越好 |
[20:53] | Beat them with impunity! | 狠狠打击 恕你无罪 |
[20:55] | – You have no idea what you’re saying. – I know. | -你根本不知道你在说什么 -我知道 |
[21:00] | – We thought the DOD would have– – I thought. | -我们以为国防部会 -我以为 |
[21:03] | I thought the DOD | 我以为国防部 |
[21:06] | would have a response on their website by midnight. | 会在午夜之前在他们的网站上进行回应 |
[21:08] | But by 6:00 A.M. We hadn’t heard anything yet. | 一直到早上六点我们都没有收到回应 |
[21:11] | Come on in. | 请进 |
[21:12] | Excuse me. | 抱歉 |
[21:17] | – You guys have met? – We have. | -你们见过面了 -见了 |
[21:19] | – How are you? – Good, thank you. | -你好吗 -很好 谢谢 |
[21:25] | She says she never heard Stomtonovich say it happened. | 她说她从来没听到斯托姆诺维奇说”确有其事” |
[21:27] | – Then that’s what it is. – Even in her condition? | -那她就是没听到 -即使是以她现在的状态 |
[21:29] | – Hmm? – You’d take her word for it in her condition? | -什么 -即使是她现在的状态 |
[21:32] | In the condition she was in when they did the interview? | 当他们进行采访时她的精神状态你还是相信她 |
[21:34] | She’s not in a condition, and, yes, I’d take her word for it. | 她精神没问题 是的 我相信她的话 |
[21:37] | If she wasn’t sure, she’d say she wasn’t sure. | 如果她不确定 她会说她不确定 |
[21:40] | On the witness stand, | 在证人席上 |
[21:40] | that’s not gonna sound like honorable loyalty. | 刚才那番话听上去绝非可敬的忠诚 |
[21:42] | It’s gonna sound like you’re willing to believe anybody | 只能说明你愿意相信每一个 |
[21:44] | as long as you slept with them. | 和你睡过觉的人 |
[21:47] | This is the very last polling | 这是明天要公布的 |
[21:49] | data taken before the polls open tomorrow. | 最新民调数据 |
[21:51] | Who’s gonna win? | 谁会赢 |
[21:52] | The president will be reelected. | 总统会获得连任 |
[21:54] | But Tulsi Gabbard’s gonna win in Hawaii’s second. | 但是图尔西·盖博尔德会赢得夏威夷的次席 |
[21:57] | She’ll be the first Samoan in Congress. | 她将成为国会中的第一位萨摩亚人 |
[21:59] | And Kerry Bentivolio is gonna take the seat | 凯利·本迪沃里奥会补 |
[22:01] | vacated by Thaddeus McCotter, | 萨迪厄斯·麦考特尔的空缺 |
[22:03] | who came out with my pick | 麦考特尔的辞职演讲 |
[22:05] | for the best resignation statement of all time. | 是我心目中的最佳 |
[22:07] | “The recent event’s totalities of calumnies, | “最近事件中所有的诽谤 |
[22:10] | indignities and deceits | 侮辱和欺骗 |
[22:11] | have weighed most heavily upon my family. | 让我的家庭不堪重负 |
[22:13] | Thus, acutely aware one cannot rebuild their hearth | 因此 当我意识到人们不可能在 |
[22:16] | among the ruins of their US House office, | 议院的废墟上重起炉灶 |
[22:18] | for the sake of my loved ones, I must strike another match, | 为了我爱的人 我必须再做一次努力 |
[22:21] | go start anew by embracing the promotion | 重新开始 享受从 |
[22:23] | back from public servant to sovereign citizen.” | 公务员变回公民的晋升” |
[22:27] | Sounds like he and his friends Rosencrantz and Guildenstern | 听上去像他和朋友罗森格兰兹和吉尔登斯特恩 |
[22:30] | are about to take a journey by sea | 要乘船出海 |
[22:31] | to ask the Duke of Verona for his most kind blessing. | 去祈求维罗纳公爵最美好的祝福去了 |
[22:35] | I like you, Keefer. | 我喜欢你 基佛 |
[22:37] | My trust in Maggie | 我对于玛姬的信任 |
[22:39] | has nothing to do with anything but the right things. | 和其他事情毫无关系 |
[22:42] | 6:00 A.M., you hadn’t heard from the DOD. | 早上六点 你没有收到国防部的消息 |
[22:46] | 7:00 A.M., 8:00 A.M., nothing. | 7点 8点 什么都没有 |
[22:48] | – Maybe they hadn’t seen the show. – They see the Internet. | -也许他们没看节目 -他们总该上网吧 |
[22:50] | This was Monday morning, September 10. | 那是9月10日 周一早上 |
[22:52] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[22:54] | You had another story creeping up on you. | 你那还有另一个故事 |
[22:56] | Nobody knew that yet. | 大家当时还都不知道 |
[22:58] | Everybody below the producer | 所有制片人以下的人员 |
[22:59] | level has to take a shift doing the book. | 要轮流浏览资料簿 |
[23:01] | That morning it was Neal’s turn. | 那天早上轮到尼尔了 |
[23:03] | What’s the book? | 什么资料簿 |
[23:04] | Neal. | 尼尔 |
[23:07] | It seems like it’s my turn more often than it should be. | 好像轮到我的次数比应有的多啊 |
[23:10] | – Man up. – I’m always manned up. | -拿出点男子汉气概来 -我一直很有男子汉气概 |
[23:11] | – That’s my default mode. – Then go into ultra man mode. | -这是我的默认模式 -那就拿出终极男子汉模式 |
[23:14] | The women here couldn’t deal with my ultra man mode. | 这里的女士都经受不起我的终极模式 |
[23:16] | Probably not. Are you gonna take this? | 不一定哦 你接不接 |
[23:18] | It’s heavy. | 很沉的 |
[23:22] | – Intern. – Yes? | -实习生 -什么事 |
[23:24] | Come on over. | 过来 |
[23:28] | This is the overnight book. | 这是一日资料簿 |
[23:30] | The night crew puts together | 晚间新闻的工作人员 |
[23:31] | every story and every press release from everywhere. | 把各地各媒体报道的各种新闻汇总在一起 |
[23:34] | Go through this and separate it into four piles– | 看完它 然后分成四类 |
[23:36] | knew that, didn’t know that, don’t care, and Shakira. | 知道了 不知道 不关心 夏奇拉 |
[23:39] | But that one’s just for me, all right? | 夏奇拉那类只给我 明白了吗 |
[23:40] | Neal. | 尼尔 |
[23:44] | – There’s no statement yet. – I know. | -还是没有声明 -我知道 |
[23:46] | It’s the Pentagon. | 那可是五角大楼 |
[23:48] | Is it possible they’ve | 有没有可能 |
[23:49] | responded in a secret corner of the Internet? | 他们在网络神秘角回复了 |
[23:50] | Secret corner of the Internet? | 网络神秘角 |
[23:51] | Slay a dungeon wizard to get the keys to Mordor or something? | 得杀了地牢巫师才能拿到钥匙去魔都之类的 |
[23:54] | – It’s not possible. – Something that we need that Dumbledore– | -不可能 -或者需要邓布利多帮忙 |
[23:56] | – Listen to yourself. – I know, it’s getting worse as I go on. | -听听你在说啥 -越说越离谱了 |
[23:58] | – And it didn’t start in a great place. – Nothing in the book? | -开头就离谱 -资料簿里有什么吗 |
[24:00] | Well, there are gonna be a ton | 资料簿里有好多东西 |
[24:01] | of things in the book, but not from the Pentagon. | 但就是没有关于五角大楼的 |
[24:02] | I thought on the off chance | 万一有人 |
[24:03] | someone got a quote from them. | 引用了一句他们说的话也不一定啊 |
[24:04] | We’d know about it. | 那我们会看到的 |
[24:05] | Obviously I’m grasping at straws, Neal. | 这可是我最后的稻草了 |
[24:06] | There’s no call to be patronizing. | 没必要这么居高临下的 |
[24:07] | – You’re right. – Thank you. | -你说得对 -谢谢 |
[24:09] | Well, you’re not, ’cause Mordor– | 其实不对 因为魔都… |
[24:10] | I’m not the expert. | 我又不是这方面的专家 |
[24:11] | You don’t say. | 可不是 |
[24:12] | Do the book and don’t just farm it out to an intern. | 看资料去 别扔给实习生 |
[24:14] | I’m delegating. | 我这是委托 不是扔 |
[24:21] | – Fast Nationals? – Right here. | -拿到全国收视率了吗 -这呢 |
[24:23] | Just tell me if the number begins with a three. | 就告诉我是不是三打头的 |
[24:25] | – It doesn’t. – 2.9? | -不是 -2.9 |
[24:27] | 2.7 2.7? | |
[24:28] | 5.8 million viewers. | 580万观众 |
[24:32] | – Shut the fuck up. – That’s gonna double | -你他妈逗我玩呢 -再加上当日和当周 |
[24:34] | when they add live plus same day and live plus seven. | 收视这个数字还会翻番 |
[24:37] | – Jesus Christ! – Congratulations. | -我的天哪 -恭喜你 |
[24:38] | Congratulations, man! | 恭喜你啊伙计 |
[24:39] | Tracking looked good, but not like this. | 收视率一直不错 但没这么好过 |
[24:41] | 《我爱露西》上个世纪60年代风靡美国的一部热播电视剧 也是美国电视史上最受欢迎的喜剧剧集 | |
[24:41] | That’s an “I Love Lucy” Number. | 这可和《我爱露西》有一拼了啊 |
[24:45] | Yes. | 是啊 |
[24:47] | Yes. What? | 是啊 怎么了 |
[24:49] | Don’t worry about the call from Stomtonovich. | 不要担心斯托姆托洛维奇的电话了 |
[24:52] | I’m not. | 我没有 |
[24:53] | I am a little bit and I’ll tell you why. | 我有点担心是因为 |
[24:55] | He didn’t sound like a guy with cold feet. | 他不像是那种会临阵脱逃的人 |
[24:57] | He was certain of what he said | 他知道他在说什么 |
[24:58] | and he said it to me three times the exact same way. | 而且三次说的一字不差 |
[25:01] | There was one camera, no cuts. | 这是摄像的啊 没剪辑过 |
[25:02] | He’s not a young guy. It all happened fast. | 他不年轻了 一切都发生的迅雷不及掩耳 |
[25:04] | He’s thinking about the size of it for the first time now. | 他现在才意识到事情的严重性 |
[25:07] | Yes. Yeah. | 是啊 |
[25:10] | The size of it. | 严重性 |
[25:14] | A new story creeping up on us? | 一条新的新闻悄然而至 |
[25:15] | The morning of September 10. | 9月10日的早上 |
[25:17] | The day after the broadcast. | 节目播出的第二天 |
[25:18] | It was Neal’s turn to do the overnight book, | 轮到尼尔浏览一日资料簿了 |
[25:21] | but he staffed it out to an intern. | 但他扔给了实习生去做 |
[25:23] | Jenna Johnson. | 珍妮·约翰逊 |
[25:25] | Are you talking about Benghazi? | 你想说班加西吗 |
[25:28] | Anything? | 有啥好说的 |
[25:30] | Jerry Brown’s challenged Chris Christie to a race. | 杰里·布朗向克里斯·克里斯蒂邀战 |
[25:30] | 杰里·布朗: 加利福尼亚周州长 克里斯·克里斯蒂: 新泽西州长 | |
[25:32] | Sponsored by HeartBlast, | 由Heartblast赞助 |
[25:34] | a new defibrillator company from the people who brought you– | 一个新除颤器公司… |
[25:36] | Piers Morgan and Rihanna had a Twitter fight about her haircut. | 皮尔斯·摩根和蕾哈娜在微博上为发型争吵 |
[25:38] | I’ll give you $100 if you go pitch that to Will. | 你敢把这个拿去给威尔看我给你100块 |
[25:41] | I know you’re not gonna think this one’s important, but it is. | 我知道你认为这不重要 但其实很重要 |
[25:43] | – “Star” Magazine… – Nope. | -《明星》杂志 -不要 |
[25:45] | …is reporting that a palace | 报道称王室 |
[25:46] | source confirmed that Kate Middleton is pregnant. | 确认凯特·米德尔顿怀孕了 |
[25:48] | That’s news I want to hear. | 我就想听这样的新闻 |
[25:50] | You just did. Anything else? | 你这不听到了吗 还有吗 |
[25:51] | Lady Gaga showed a lot of cleavage | Lady Gaga在残奥会 |
[25:54] | at an after-party for | 闭幕式上 |
[25:55] | the Paralympic Games. – Put that one aside. | 秀起了乳沟 -把这放一边 |
[25:57] | – Oh, and Terry Jones the Florida pastor? – Yeah. | -还有特里·琼斯 那个佛罗里达牧师 -怎么 |
[26:00] | He’s screening the trailer | 他播放了一个叫做 |
[26:01] | to a movie called “Innocence of Muslims.” | 《无辜的穆斯林》的电影预告片 |
[26:04] | – We thought– – I thought. | -我们以为 -我以为 |
[26:07] | I thought, everyone thought | 我以为 每个人都以为 |
[26:10] | that when the DOD posted its response, it would be vague. | 国防部给出的回应会是模棱两可的 |
[26:12] | “Pentagon doesn’t comment on classified operations, | 比如”五角大楼不会就机密行动进行评论 |
[26:15] | but we have serious problems with this story | 但我们对亚特兰蒂斯有线新闻 |
[26:17] | aired by Atlantis Cable News last night.” Something like that. | 昨日播出的报道极度不满 |
[26:20] | You know the reason it was taking them so long to respond? | 你知道为什么他们过了那么久才评论吗 |
[26:23] | No. | 不知道 |
[26:25] | They were bringing a lawyer into the Pentagon press office. | 他们把一个律师带进了五角大楼媒体办公室 |
[26:27] | – Pentagon counsel? – And another lawyer. | -五角大楼顾问 -还有另一个 |
[26:30] | Matlock? | 大律师迈拉克吗 |
[26:32] | The Attorney General. They weren’t fucking around. | 是司法部长 他们没工夫开玩笑 |
[27:09] | We knew there’d be pushback. | 我们预料到会有回击 |
[27:15] | But not like that. | 但不该是那样的 |
[27:18] | “We are considering any and all legal remedies | “我们已考虑动用包括反间谍法 |
[27:20] | available to us including under the Espionage Act. | “在内的一切法律制裁手段” |
[27:23] | In the interim, we will begin declassifying documents | 在这期间 我们将开始公开机密文件 |
[27:27] | to prove the falsity of ACN’s claims.” | 以证明ACN声明之错误 |
[27:29] | If I’m a lawyer in that room, | 如果我是那屋里的律师 |
[27:31] | I don’t write that response unless I’m sure. | 除非十分肯定 我不会这么措辞声明的 |
[27:33] | We were sure. | 我们当时很肯定 |
[27:35] | Still? It’s noon, Monday. | 那已经是周一中午了 |
[27:37] | Charlie got everyone together in the conference room. | 查理让所有人集合到会议室 |
[27:40] | He polled everyone to see | 让每人投票表示 |
[27:41] | if they were still standing by the story. | 他们是否还相信这个故事的真实性 |
[27:56] | People were resolved. | 大家都很坚定 |
[27:58] | Jim had already said his piece. | 吉姆已经说了他的想法 |
[28:00] | His job was to support Mac now, and that’s what he was doing. | 他现在的工作就是支持麦肯 他也是这么做的 |
[28:03] | At the expense of good advice? | 从而牺牲正确的建议 |
[28:05] | He’d given his advice. | 他已经提过了建议 |
[28:06] | And Charlie, Mac, and Will had given their instructions. | 查理 麦肯和威尔也给出了指示 |
[28:09] | Of course they pushed back. What do we expect them to– | 他们当然会表示不满了 你难道想让他们说 |
[28:11] | “Well, you caught us. Bravo to you, sirs. | “被你发现啦 厉害啊哥们 |
[28:14] | We’ll walk ourselves over to Leavenworth now.” | “我们自行转移到莱文沃思监狱吧” |
[28:16] | You know at some point at Little Big Horn, | 在小巨角战役里 |
[28:19] | I’ll bet Custer led a unanimous vote | 我猜卡斯特也一定发起过全体投票 |
[28:21] | where everyone said, “I still think we can win.” | 每个人都说”我们仍然认为我们能赢” |
[28:23] | Then came Elliot’s show that night. | 接下来就是埃利奥特的晚间节目了 |
[28:25] | You know, Elliot was really the only guy on the team | 埃利奥特是团队里唯一一个 |
[28:28] | who hadn’t gotten dirty with Genoa yet. | 没被牵扯到热那亚里面的人了 |
[28:30] | So we dropped dirt on him. | 所以我们也把他拉进来了 |
[28:32] | Go. | 开播 |
[28:33] | The second MARSOC team dropped sarin? | 陆战队特战司令部第二组使用了沙林 |
[28:35] | – Yes. – You’re sure? | -是的 -你确定 |
[28:36] | – Yes. – That’s why you wore the MOPP suits? | -是的 -这就是为什么你穿着防护服 |
[28:39] | That’s why we wore the MOPP suits | 这就是为什么我们穿防护服 |
[28:40] | and that’s why civilians died. | 而平民百姓死掉了 |
[28:42] | That was another clip from last night’s “ACN Reports,” | 这是昨晚《ACN报道》中的一段采访 |
[28:45] | the startling and provocative story | 一条令人震惊的 |
[28:46] | of the extraction of two captured Marines. | 营救两名被俘海军陆战队员的新闻 |
[28:48] | Joining us by satellite from Trenton, New Jersey, | 现在我们与新泽西特伦顿市的 |
[28:51] | is former Marine Gunnery Sergeant Eric Sweeney, | 前陆战队火炮射击军士埃里克·斯维尼连线 |
[28:53] | a member of the MARSOC team that executed the extraction, | 他是执行潜出任务的陆战队特战司令部成员 |
[28:56] | which was codenamed Genoa, | 也叫热那亚行动 |
[28:57] | and I should say the first member of the team | 他也是行动中第一个站出来 |
[28:59] | to step forward and tell his story. | 揭露此事的陆战队成员 |
[29:01] | – Welcome, Mr. Sweeney. – Thank you. | -斯维尼先生 欢迎你 -谢谢 |
[29:02] | Let’s start there. | 我们先来谈谈 |
[29:03] | What made you come forward and speak to the press? | 为什么你想要站出来向媒体揭露此事 |
[29:05] | I wish I could say it was honorable. | 我多希望这是件光荣的事 |
[29:07] | It was a guilty conscience. | 但只是出于愧疚 |
[29:08] | – Guilty that…? – I knew what we’d done. | -愧疚… -我们做了这样的事 |
[29:10] | “Any and all legal remedies.” | “一切法律制裁手段” |
[29:12] | Is that something they usually say? | 是常用的措辞吗 |
[29:14] | They said it when the SEAL released his Bin Laden book. | 当海豹突击队击毙本拉登的时候说过 |
[29:16] | – They haven’t charged him. – The Espionage Act? | -他们倒是没起诉他 -反间谍法呢 |
[29:18] | Do you know how many journalists | 你知道有多少记者 |
[29:19] | have ever been tried under the Espionage Act? | 被反间谍法指控吗 |
[29:21] | – None. – Good. | -从没有过 -挺好 |
[29:22] | ‘Cause you wouldn’t make it in jail, Don. | 唐 你是在监狱里活不下去 |
[29:24] | I’d survive, but you wouldn’t. | 我可以 但你不行 |
[29:26] | In fact, I’d thrive. | 我肯定能活得很好 |
[29:28] | How do you figure? | 你怎么这么肯定 |
[29:29] | “Shawshank.” | 《肖申克的救赎》告诉我的 |
[29:31] | I’d do everybody’s taxes and invest the warden’s money. | 我会给每个人做账 帮典狱长投资 |
[29:34] | What are you gonna do? Produce their nightly news show? | 你能干嘛 播他们的晚间新闻吗 |
[29:36] | – Is this our sound or his? – His. We’re good. | -这是我们的声音还是他的 -他的 没事 |
[29:38] | We want to be a force multiplier | 我们想要武力翻倍 |
[29:40] | where one of us can do the work of several infantrymen. | 一人可顶敌军若干名步兵 |
[29:42] | “The charge that US Special | 美国特殊行动使用沙林气 |
[29:44] | Operations used sarin gas is absolutely false.” | 的指控是完全错误的 |
[29:46] | I don’t know. Absolutely? | 还说完全啊 |
[29:48] | Why not just say false? | 就说错误的不就完了 |
[29:50] | “Absolutely” Sounds like the kind of word you use– | “完全”听起来好像… |
[29:52] | This isn’t like the time Chip left you a message in eighth grade | 这可不是初二奇普写给你的小纸条 |
[29:54] | and you and your friends did a | 让你和你的好朋友 |
[29:55] | lab analysis to figure out if it meant he liked you. | 分析他是不是喜欢你 |
[30:00] | Chet was his name | 他叫切特 |
[30:03] | and sometimes boys are vague with their messages. | 而且有时候男生就是说的很含糊 |
[30:05] | Was that the first time that you had to perform | 那是你第一次在行动中 |
[30:07] | a medical procedure in action? | 走医疗程序吗 |
[30:09] | Move him back to Genoa when you can. | 可以的话把他引回热那亚 |
[30:11] | We have advanced combat medicine as part of our training. | 我们训练中包含了高级战备医学 |
[30:13] | The first time I had to use it, | 我第一次用 |
[30:14] | we were on a mission to pay some tribal leaders… | 是在一次任务上去拜访部落首领… |
[30:17] | I don’t know what he’s talking about anymore. | 他现在说什么呢 |
[30:18] | We hit two IEDs and my Humvee blew apart | 我们引爆了两个简易爆炸装置 我的悍马炸飞了 |
[30:20] | and three of us sustained TBIs– traumatic brain injuries. | 我们三个受到创伤性脑损伤 |
[30:23] | And I was dragging a friend of mine… | 当时我拖着我的一个朋友 |
[30:25] | Did he say “Us”? | 他说”我们”吗 |
[30:28] | He said “The three of us.” Traumatic brain injury. He said that. | 他说了”我们三个” 创伤性脑损伤 他说了 |
[30:31] | – TBI? – I heard it. | -创伤性脑损伤 -我听到了 |
[30:33] | Sergeant, did you say | 中士 你是说 |
[30:33] | that you sustained a traumatic brain injury? | 你受了创伤性脑损伤吗 |
[30:35] | – Well, it wasn’t serious. – Get out. | -不是很严重的 -别再问了 |
[30:38] | – Did you disclose that information to the– – Get out! | -你把这个信息告诉了… -别问了 |
[30:41] | Okay, we’ve got to go to break, | 我们将休息一下 |
[30:43] | but we’re coming back with Eric Sweeney, | 一会儿将继续与埃里克·斯维尼 |
[30:46] | a MARSOC on Operation Genoa. | 热那亚行动士兵的访谈 |
[30:48] | This is “Right Now.” | 这里是《热点追击》 |
[31:07] | I saw it. | 我看到了 |
[31:11] | There’s a problem with the story. | 报道出了问题 |
[31:13] | I know. | 我知道 |
[31:22] | Shh. | 安静 |
[31:24] | All right. | 好吧 |
[31:26] | Thank you for coming in the middle of the night. | 多谢大家午夜时分的到来 |
[31:28] | I’m sorry I’m late. There was a deer on the Merritt Parkway. | 很抱歉我迟到了 梅里特公路上有头鹿 |
[31:31] | The deer ran across and the car two in front of me hit it. | 它跑过马路 被我前面的车撞了 |
[31:34] | – Was everyone all right? – Yeah. | -人都没事吧 -是的 |
[31:36] | Mac. | 麦肯 |
[31:38] | Why didn’t we know about the TBI? | 我们怎么不知道这创伤性脑损伤 |
[31:40] | Everybody listen, okay? Believe me, I cornered him– | 大家听着 相信我 我调查了他… |
[31:42] | We knew he had two Purple Hearts. | 我们知道他有两颗紫星勋章 |
[31:43] | I got him on the phone in Trenton as soon– | 一出事我就打给在特伦顿的他了 |
[31:45] | Just back up. We’ll do this step by step. | 后退一步 我们一步一步来 |
[31:48] | He had two Purple Hearts. | 他有两颗紫星勋章 |
[31:49] | The medical information is sealed and classified. | 药物记录被封存了 是机密 |
[31:50] | He told us one is for a shrapnel wound in his left shoulder | 他告诉我们一颗是因为左肩里的榴霰弹片 |
[31:53] | sustained during an ambush during his first tour in ’08. | 那是2008年第一次去中东遇埋伏造成的 |
[31:56] | – The second is– – The second, he told us, | -第二颗是…-他告诉我们 第二颗 |
[31:58] | was for a stab wound in his leg he got while trying | 是因为腿上刺了一刀 当时他试图 |
[32:00] | to subdue an angry teenage militant in Kapisa Province. | 镇压卡比萨省一名愤怒的少年武装分子 |
[32:03] | That’s the one he was lying about. | 这一颗他在撒谎 |
[32:05] | The second Purple Heart was for the TBI. | 第二颗紫星勋章是因为创伤性脑损伤 |
[32:07] | – He showed us the knife wound. – I asked him about that, too. | -他给我们看了刀伤 -我也问了这件事 |
[32:09] | He got it in his kitchen trying to open a CD. | 他在自家厨房打开CD的时候受的伤 |
[32:11] | He didn’t– he didn’t tell us about the TBI | 他没有…他没有告诉我们创伤性脑损伤 |
[32:15] | because he didn’t think we’d believe his story. | 因为他觉得这样我们就不会相信他了 |
[32:16] | Isn’t that another way of saying | 这也不就是说 |
[32:18] | he wanted to tell the Genoa story so badly he lied? | 他特别想告诉我们热那亚才撒谎吗 |
[32:21] | Well, so why would he lie about a story that wasn’t true? | 如果此事是假的为什么还要撒谎 |
[32:24] | What’s the biggest effect of a TBI? | 创伤性脑损伤的最严重后果是什么 |
[32:25] | – I get that it’s memory loss. – It’s memory loss. | -我了解的是记忆丢失 -是记忆丢失 |
[32:28] | And it’s dizziness and speech deficits. | 以及头晕和语言能力下降 |
[32:30] | We didn’t see any of those | 为什么和他待了一百多个小时 |
[32:31] | in the hundred hours we spent with him. | 我们都没看出来呢 |
[32:33] | I don’t understand. So at least he doesn’t have | 我不明白 所以他没有显示 |
[32:35] | all the symptoms of a traumatic brain injury? | 脑部受伤的所有症状 不是吗 |
[32:36] | GI Jim, what percentage of soldiers | 吉姆 多少被送去沃尔特里德医院的士兵 |
[32:39] | taken to Walter Reed have a TBI? | 有创伤性脑损伤 |
[32:41] | – A lot. – It’s 30%. | -很多 -是30% |
[32:42] | So we’re not gonna listen to a third of wounded vets? | 那三分之一受伤士兵的话 我们都不要听了吗 |
[32:44] | We made this one a key witness in an accusation of murder. | 但我们把他当成了谋杀指控的主要证人 |
[32:47] | He lied about an injury | 他对一次受伤撒了谎 |
[32:49] | and the injury’s number one symptom is memory loss. | 而这个伤的首要表现就是记忆丢失 |
[32:51] | Bring him up from Trenton. | 把他从特伦顿带来 |
[32:55] | I’ll do a preinterview myself and if I’m satisfied, | 我会自己做一个预先采访 若满意 |
[32:57] | I can put him through a | 我可以在节目中 |
[32:58] | direct examination on the air and clean this up. | 进行直接采访澄清此事 |
[33:00] | Yeah, and can I just remind | 我提个醒 |
[33:01] | everybody Sweeney’s not our only witness. | 斯维尼不是我们唯一的证人 |
[33:03] | We’ve got Stomtonovich and Valenzuela. | 我们还有斯托姆托洛维奇和巴伦苏埃拉 |
[33:05] | Two more witnesses, | 还有两个证人 |
[33:06] | only 50% of whom are recanting what they said. | 只有一半的人要撤回之前说的话 |
[33:08] | Stomtonovich can recant all he wants. | 斯托姆托洛维奇可以撤回任何话 |
[33:10] | We have the unedited tape and Jerry and Maggie were there. | 我们有未编辑的带子 杰利和玛姬当时也在 |
[33:12] | For the record, I wasn’t. | 声明一下 我当时不在 |
[33:15] | Wasn’t what? | 什么不在 |
[33:19] | I was sent out of the room before the interview started. | 采访开始前我就不在屋子里了 |
[33:21] | – Good. Let’s get it all out now. – Why? | -好 有话都说出来 -为什么 |
[33:23] | You and Charlie told him it was going to be Jerry. | 你和查理告诉他是杰利做采访 |
[33:25] | You didn’t tell him an AP was coming along. | 你没说一位助理制片人也一起去了 |
[33:27] | He had had me investigated, but not Maggie, | 他调查了我 但没调查玛姬 |
[33:29] | so he didn’t feel comfortable– | 所以他觉得不舒服… |
[33:31] | – You were the only one in the room with him? – Yeah, I was. | -只有你和他一起在屋里吗 -对 |
[33:33] | – And I see what’s happening here. – Nothing’s happening. | -我知道发生了什么事 -什么都没发生 |
[33:35] | Can I bring something else up? | 我能提点别的事吗 |
[33:36] | We aired the story 27 hours ago, so, yeah, now’s the time. | 我们27小时前播的报道 现在是时候了 |
[33:39] | We aborted the interview with Sweeney tonight. | 我们撤销了今晚和斯维尼的访谈 |
[33:41] | – I did. – Uh, I did. | -我撤销了 -不对 是我 |
[33:43] | – Should you have? – I don’t know. | -你本该撤销吗 -我不知道 |
[33:44] | I was suddenly in a position where I was asking questions | 我突然发现我问关于我们报道的问题 |
[33:46] | I didn’t know the answers to about our own story. | 却不知答案会是如何 |
[33:48] | If it hadn’t been our own story, wouldn’t you have kept going? | 如果不是我们自己的报道 你会继续问下去吗 |
[33:51] | “Did you disclose that to the Genoa producers? | 比如”你告知热那亚制作人了吗 |
[33:53] | No? You lied? How has a | 没有吗 你在撒谎吗 |
[33:54] | TBI for which you received a Purple Heart–“ | 那个为你挣来一枚紫星勋章的创伤性脑损伤… |
[33:56] | Yes, he would have kept going. I shut him down. | 是 本来他会问下去的 我让他停下来了 |
[33:59] | – It was live. – That doesn’t make us look great. | -当时是现场直播 -这让我们很不好看 |
[34:01] | Looking great wasn’t one of their options right then. | 当时的情况由不得什么好看 |
[34:03] | Everybody knock it off! | 你们都消停下 |
[34:06] | Sister Mary Mother of God. | 我的个老天爷 |
[34:08] | We have a problem. That’s all it is. | 我们遇到了问题 就是这样 |
[34:11] | We’re not gonna have a fucking scrum. | 别在来个窝里斗 |
[34:15] | What do we have? What? | 我们现在知道些什么 知道些什么 |
[34:18] | A retired Marine general | 一名退休的海军陆战队中将 |
[34:21] | started getting calls from his buddies. | 最近接到同事打来的电话 |
[34:22] | “What the hell is going on?” | “妈的出了什么事” |
[34:24] | His voice was altered. His face was blacked. | 他变声了 遮住了脸 |
[34:25] | There are six people who have the information he has | 有六个人知道他所知道的信息 |
[34:29] | and generals don’t have dumb friends. | 而中将的朋友都不蠢 |
[34:31] | What else? | 还有呢 |
[34:32] | A witness who once had a concussion. | 有名证人头部受过冲击 |
[34:34] | – While saving other people’s lives. – Thank you. | -那是为了救别人的命 -谢谢 |
[34:36] | – That’s not– – Jim, while being courageous. | -那不是 -吉姆 他那是勇气可嘉 |
[34:40] | And he was courageous again stepping forward. | 而且他此次站出来也是勇气可嘉 |
[34:43] | Kids used to lie about their age | 小孩曾经对自己的年龄撒谎 |
[34:45] | to get in the Army and fight in a war. | 好加入部队 上战场打仗 |
[34:47] | That’s what Sweeney did here. | 斯维尼在这里就是这么做的 |
[34:49] | How much of what you’re saying do you believe right now? | 你现在说的这些 你相信多少 |
[34:50] | 60% 60%. | |
[34:51] | I thought it was in the mid-80s. | 我还以为是85%上下 |
[34:53] | – You pulled it off. – Experience. | -你搞定了 -那是经验 |
[34:55] | You need to talk to Deep Throat. | 你得和深喉聊聊 |
[34:57] | I’m on the first shuttle to Washington. | 我坐第一班车去华盛顿 |
[34:59] | – Have you talked to him on the phone? – We don’t talk on phones. | -你跟他通过电话了吗 -我们不用电话 |
[35:01] | – How about your guy? – We talk on phones. | -那你的线人呢 -我们通过电话 |
[35:03] | He’s asking have you talked to your guy? | 他在问 你和你的线人聊过吗 |
[35:05] | – An hour ago. – And? | -一小时以前 -然后呢 |
[35:07] | He says stand by the story. | 他说他支持我们的报道 |
[35:15] | We go back over every inch starting right now. | 我们现在重新检查每一份证据 |
[35:18] | By 8:00 tonight, | 到今晚八点前 |
[35:18] | I want Will to be able to say we stand by it. | 我希望威尔可以说我们支持之前的报道 |
[35:20] | And when he says it, we stand by it. | 而且我想让他说的有理有据 |
[35:23] | Break ’em into teams. | 分组吧 |
[35:29] | Had you realized yet at the time of that meeting | 那场会议的时候 你有没有意识到 |
[35:32] | that Sweeney and Stomtonovich weren’t your only problem? | 斯维尼和斯托姆托洛维奇 不是你们唯一的问题 |
[35:34] | Who says they weren’t our only problem? | 谁说他们不是唯一的问题了 |
[35:36] | Right. That was an example of a leading question. | 好吧 那是典型的诱导性提问 |
[35:39] | A leading question suggests its own answer. | 诱导性提问会暗示其答案 |
[35:43] | When did you stop beating your wife, right? | 你什么时候停止殴打你妻子的 对吧 |
[35:45] | We never established I beat my wife. | 我们从没建立我殴打我妻子这一前提 |
[35:47] | We never established you’re married. | 也从没建立你结婚了的前提 |
[35:48] | – I’m not. – Yeah. | -我没有 -我知道 |
[35:50] | I’m not following you, Rebecca. | 我没懂 丽贝卡 |
[35:52] | MacKenzie had realized at the time of the meeting | 麦肯兹在开会的时候意识到了 |
[35:55] | – that Sweeney and Stomtonovich– – There’s no way. | -斯维尼和斯托姆托洛维奇…-不可能 |
[35:56] | – There’s no way. – Jim, listen to me. | -不可能 -吉姆 听我说 |
[35:59] | There’s no way Mac’s to blame for this. | 绝对不可能麦肯要为这事负责 |
[36:00] | Valenzuela was your third witness. | 巴伦苏埃拉是你们的第三个证人 |
[36:02] | I have seen lawyers do some things in my life. Jesus. | 我也不是没和律师打过交道 老天 |
[36:04] | Just listen. | 听着就是 |
[36:06] | First red team, you have Sweeney, you don’t go to air. | 第一次红队 你找到了斯维尼 没有上新闻 |
[36:09] | Red team two, you have | 第二次红队 你找到了 |
[36:10] | Sweeney and Stomtonovich, you don’t go to air. | 斯维尼和斯托姆托洛维奇 没有上新闻 |
[36:12] | Red team three, you have Valenzuela now | 第三次红队 你现在找到巴伦苏埃拉了 |
[36:16] | and Charlie green-lights it. | 然后查理同意了 |
[36:18] | Valenzuela was an important witness. | 巴伦苏埃拉是一名重要的证人 |
[36:22] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[36:24] | And? | 然后呢 |
[36:26] | What if I led him? | 如果我诱导他了呢 |
[36:29] | – Valenzuela? – In his preinterview. | -巴伦苏埃拉吗 -在他的预先访谈里 |
[36:31] | I’ve read the preinterview transcript 100 times. | 预先访谈的稿子我读了不下100遍 |
[36:33] | I read it 1,000 times, but I’ve just read it again | 我读了不下1000遍 刚刚又读了一次 |
[36:36] | and I have to wonder if I inadvertently led on that witness. | 我在想 是不是不经意间诱导了证人 |
[36:38] | – You didn’t. – I can make the case that I did. | -你没有 -也可以承认我这么做了 |
[36:40] | Look at what’s good on the story. | 看看报道好的一面吧 |
[36:42] | Stomtonovich, he didn’t like the report. | 斯托姆托洛维奇不喜欢这份报道 |
[36:44] | Sorry, but we’ve got him on film. | 抱歉 但我们把他录下来了 |
[36:45] | Sweeney, he wants to be heard | 斯维尼他想让人听他说 |
[36:47] | and he thinks he’ll be discounted ’cause of the TBI, so he lies. | 但认为自己会因脑损伤不受重视 所以撒谎 |
[36:50] | And by the way, if I had a traumatic brain injury | 顺便说一句 如果我有创伤性脑损伤 |
[36:52] | and knew that information couldn’t be discovered | 并且知道 如果我不主动说 |
[36:54] | unless I volunteered it, I wouldn’t volunteer it. | 就没人知道 我是不会主动说的 |
[36:57] | I have a source. Is it POTUS? No. It’s better. | 我有线人 是总统吗 不 比总统好 |
[37:00] | What would it take for you to tell me the source? | 得付出什么代价才能让你告诉我线人是谁 |
[37:02] | Someone would have to be torturing you. | 有人得对你严刑拷打了 |
[37:04] | That’s sweet, but– | 谢谢 但… |
[37:05] | Charlie has a source. You trust Charlie? | 查理有线索 你信任查理吗 |
[37:07] | – Of course. – And we have Valenzuela. | -当然 -我们还找到了巴伦苏埃拉 |
[37:09] | There is much more about this story that’s good– | 关于这个报道好的方面还有很多 |
[37:11] | And I’m saying what if I led Valenzuela? | 如果我说我诱导了巴伦苏埃拉呢 |
[37:13] | I objected to that in courtrooms for years. | 我多年来都在庭审中反对这点 |
[37:15] | I know what a leading question sounds like. | 我知道诱导性问题是什么样 |
[37:17] | Then you know I asked them. | 那你知道我问了他们 |
[37:18] | You have to ask them in these situations. | 你不得不在这样的情形下问他们 |
[37:20] | The guy– he was reluctant. | 那个人…他很不情愿 |
[37:21] | He didn’t want to talk. | 他不想说 |
[37:22] | Read the first line on page three. | 读一读第三页第一行 |
[37:26] | We have a three-star general | 我们认识一名三星中将 |
[37:29] | who’s an expert in chemical weapons.” | 他在化学武器上是行家 |
[37:31] | We have a three-star general who’s an expert in chemical weapons. | 我们认识一名三星中将 他在化学武器上是行家 |
[37:34] | Do you think he’s lying? | 你觉得他在撒谎吗 |
[37:44] | There was a video camera on a tripod to record the pre– | 三脚架上架着台摄像机录着预先… |
[37:49] | what if he thought the camera– | 要是他以为摄像机… |
[37:51] | what if he thought the interview might get– | 要是他以为采访会… |
[37:53] | you know, and he doesn’t want to call a general a liar? | 而他不想公开管中将叫骗子呢 |
[37:56] | – That’s nuts. – It’s not. | -一派胡言 -不是的 |
[37:57] | He came to us. He didn’t want Sweeney to stand alone. | 他来找的我们 他不想让斯维尼孤军作战 |
[38:00] | And if Sweeney’s wrong, | 如果斯维尼错了 |
[38:01] | then I gave the wrong information to Valenzuela. | 那我给巴伦苏埃拉的信息就是错的 |
[38:03] | Valenzuela’s whole interview | 巴伦苏埃拉的整场采访 |
[38:05] | was goosed by the information that came before it. | 都受之前的信息所影响 |
[38:07] | Sweeney says everyone was wearing MOPP suits. | 斯维尼说每个人都穿着防护服 |
[38:10] | He told you that? | 他是这么告诉你的吗 |
[38:11] | What if Sweeney’s got problems | 如果斯维尼有些问题 |
[38:13] | and what if Valenzuela’s his only friend? | 而巴伦苏埃拉是他唯一的朋友呢 |
[38:15] | Look at line 303. | 看看303行 |
[38:19] | I don’t want Sweeney to stand alone. | 我不想让斯维尼孤军作战 |
[38:21] | He doesn’t raise one original fact in this interview. | 这次采访中 他没有提出一个新事实 |
[38:24] | Read it again. | 再读一遍 |
[38:25] | By the end, it’s a recitation of everything | 到最后变成了复述所有 |
[38:27] | he’s heard from Sweeney and from me. | 他从斯维尼和我这里听来的东西 |
[38:32] | You need to sleep. | 你需要睡下 |
[38:44] | A garage? | 车库吗 |
[38:46] | – Seriously? – They still work. | -真的假的 -还有用的 |
[38:49] | This place can’t afford security monitors. | 这地方装不起监控 |
[38:53] | What brings you to Washington, DC? | 什么风把你吹来了华盛顿 |
[38:54] | – We’re having trouble with the story. – No shit. | -我们的报道出问题了 -别扯淡了 |
[38:57] | Tell me one more time we got it right. | 再跟我说一次 我们做得没错 |
[38:59] | You want to see some pictures of David? | 你想看看大卫的照片吗 |
[39:01] | – I’m sorry? – Do you want to see some pictures of David? | -你说什么 -你想看看大卫的照片吗 |
[39:04] | – Who’s David? – David’s my son, Charlie. | -谁是大卫 -我儿子 查理 |
[39:06] | Is there a problem with the story? | 报道有什么问题吗 |
[39:08] | There he is. We’re moving him into his dorm at BU. | 这也是他 我们送他到波士顿大学宿舍 |
[39:11] | And here he’s home for Thanksgiving. | 他回家过感恩节 |
[39:14] | – Shep. – Hang on. | -谢普 -等等 |
[39:17] | That’s on the Cape. We rent a house in August. | 这张是在海角 我们八月份在那租了间房子 |
[39:20] | Here’s a picture he sent me his first day interning at ACN. | 这张是他发给我第一天在ACN实习的照片 |
[39:24] | And there he is, first day home | 这张是他从图森山康复所 |
[39:26] | from rehab at Sierra Tucson. | 回家的第一天 |
[39:29] | And this one’s from his funeral last year. | 这是他去年的葬礼 |
[39:36] | Jesus, Shep. | 天哪 谢普 |
[39:38] | I know, I took a picture at a funeral. | 我知道 我拍了张葬礼的照片 |
[39:40] | That’s crazy, but it’s just for you. | 很疯狂 但就是为了给你看 |
[39:41] | They call it heron now. | 他们现在叫海洛鹰 |
[39:44] | Like the bird, just a little heron. | 像鸟名一样 就一点海洛鹰 |
[39:46] | I didn’t have any idea. | 我不知道 |
[39:47] | You hired him as a summer intern on his 90th day. | 你在第90天雇他做暑期实习生 |
[39:51] | Three months is a landmark in that world. | 三个月是一个里程碑 |
[39:53] | Three everything– three days, | 所有涉及三的 三天 |
[39:54] | three weeks, three months, three years. | 三周 三个月 三年 |
[39:56] | Who the fuck knows why? | 谁他妈的知道为什么 |
[39:58] | – Are you sure you don’t want to sit? – We’re in a garage! | -你想坐下来谈谈吗 -我们在车库里 |
[40:01] | We can go somewhere. | 可以去别的地方 |
[40:03] | One of your people, Charlie, one of your people– | 你的人 查理 你的一名员工 |
[40:05] | one of your people fired him and you didn’t stop it. | 你的一名员工开除了他 而你没有制止 |
[40:08] | I wish, man– I wish you’d talked. There’s an explanation. | 我希望你那时和我谈谈 我可以解释的 |
[40:11] | You didn’t stop it. | 你没有制止 |
[40:13] | He was a good kid. He was a smart kid and a worker. | 他是个好孩子 他聪明努力的员工 |
[40:16] | He was a 19-year-old junkie, but he was clean 90 days. | 他是个19岁的吸毒者 但已经戒了90天了 |
[40:19] | – Our social media guy runs the interns. – Neal Sampat. | -社会媒体部的人负责实习生 -尼尔·桑帕特 |
[40:21] | – David… – Whose name you didn’t know. | -戴维 -你连他名字都不知道 |
[40:23] | …was posting– is this something you really want to hear? | 发了 你真想听吗 |
[40:26] | Yes. From you, badly. | 想 非常想听你说 |
[40:28] | – I never knew anything– – He posted something on the Internet? | -我永远不知道 -他在网上发了什么帖子吗 |
[40:31] | – Look. – Yeah? | -是这样 -什么 |
[40:33] | A couple of years ago, “News Night” Got a new EP and the show– | 几年前《晚间新闻》招了名新执行制片人 |
[40:38] | boy, is your wife– | 天 你妻子… |
[40:40] | Linda is my ex-wife. | 琳达是我前妻 |
[40:42] | The show took a turn and what? | 节目有了变动 然后呢 |
[40:46] | David posted things about it on the Internet he didn’t like. | 戴维在网上发了些他不喜欢的东西 |
[40:50] | Things about– | 牵涉到 |
[40:51] | he was politically engaged. | 牵涉到政治 |
[40:54] | – Neal– – Neal Sampat. | -尼尔 -尼尔·桑帕特 |
[40:55] | Neal warned him he can’t do that | 尼尔警告他不能这么做 |
[40:58] | and he kept on doing it. | 但是他置若罔闻 |
[41:00] | – I’m sorry. – You didn’t step in. | -抱歉 -你没有介入 |
[41:02] | He deserved to be fired. | 他理应被辞退 |
[41:06] | How many stories have I given you? | 我给了你多少新闻 |
[41:10] | There was a moment a while back | 曾经有那么一瞬间 |
[41:12] | I thought about having you killed. | 我想过杀了你 |
[41:15] | Then I thought, “What does Charlie Skinner fear more than death?” | 然后我想 跟死相比 查理·斯金纳更怕什么 |
[41:18] | Sit back, wait for your moment. | 别急 静待时机 |
[41:22] | Then Jerry Dantana starts calling MARSOCs about Genoa. | 正好杰利·丹塔纳开始调查海军陆战队的热那亚行动 |
[41:28] | The helo manifest you gave me. | 你给我的直升机名单 |
[41:29] | Hold it over light for 20 seconds. | 迎着光看20秒 |
[41:36] | So that happened. | 事情就是这样 |
[41:39] | – Are you kidding me? – No. | -你在开玩笑吧 -不 |
[41:41] | Are you kidding me with this story? | 这故事是你编的吧 |
[41:43] | No, this is all– | 不 所有这一切 |
[41:45] | all terribly true. | 都是真的 |
[41:48] | There are protests erupting in Cairo. | 开罗爆发抗议行动 |
[41:50] | March 2, 1955. | 1955年3月2日 |
[41:53] | A young black woman is arrested | 阿拉巴马州一名年轻的黑人女性因拒绝 |
[41:55] | for refusing to give up | 在公交车上让座给一名白人男性 |
[41:56] | her seat on a bus to a white man in Alabama. | 而被捕 |
[41:59] | Civil rights leaders and the ACLU rush to her side | 民权领袖和公民自由协会迅速地站到她那边 |
[42:03] | and she will be a symbol of the struggle against segregation. | 她将成为抵抗种族隔离的象征 |
[42:06] | Her name is Claudette Colvin and she’s 15 years old. | 她叫克劳德力·科尔文 时年15岁 |
[42:09] | She’s also unmarried and pregnant. | 她未婚先孕 |
[42:11] | Civil rights leaders and the ACLU decide that Colvin | 民权领袖和公民自由协会认为科尔文 |
[42:15] | is not the best foot forward and stand down. | 不是一个正面形象 遂作罢 |
[42:18] | Eight months later, Rosa Parks happens, | 八个月后 罗莎·帕克斯案应运而生 |
[42:20] | but during that eight months, | 在这八个月之内 |
[42:22] | a brilliant and charismatic young minister | 一名聪明有魅力的年轻部长 |
[42:24] | gets the attention of the community | 吸引了大家的注意 |
[42:26] | and is chosen to lead the bus boycotts. | 被选为公交抗议种族隔离的领袖 |
[42:29] | If Claudette Colvin doesn’t get pregnant, | 如果克劳德力·科尔文没怀孕 |
[42:31] | if they’d gone in the spring instead of eight months later, | 如果他们在春天就行动而不是在八个月之后 |
[42:34] | Martin Luther King is a | 马丁·路德·金只会是蒙哥马利 |
[42:35] | preacher you’ve never heard of in Montgomery. | 一个默默无闻的牧师 |
[42:38] | I’ve got a few hundred people outside the embassy | 我这边的消息是大使馆外有几百人 |
[42:40] | – and so far it’s peaceful. – That’s what I’ve got. | -目前是和平抗议 -我得到的消息也是 |
[42:42] | – Which embassy? – Ours. | -哪国大使馆 -我国 |
[42:44] | What are they protesting? | 他们在抗议什么 |
[42:45] | Is anybody getting through to Cairo? | 有人打通开罗了吗 |
[42:46] | I’ve got the front desk at the Sheppard Hotel. | 我打通了谢帕德酒店的前台 |
[42:48] | It’s a couple blocks away. | 在几个街区之外 |
[42:49] | He’s saying that people have | 他说人群大概从一个小时前 |
[42:50] | been streaming toward the embassy for about an hour. | 涌入大使馆 |
[42:51] | – Is he saying how many? – He thinks a couple of thousand. | -他有没有说多少人 -大概几千 |
[42:54] | – Thousand? – A poli sci professor at AU in Cairo | -几千 -美国大学开罗分校的一名政治学教授说 |
[42:56] | says that a Salafist leader named Wesam Abdel-Wareth– | 一个名叫维萨姆·阿卜杜勒·沃伦斯的萨拉菲斯特领袖 |
[42:59] | He’s like the Glenn Beck of Egypt | 相当于埃及的格伦·贝克[美国电台主持人] |
[43:01] | and he’s the president of a television station. | 他是一家电视台的主席 |
[43:03] | He put out a call to protest a movie called “Muhammad’s Tribe.” | 他呼吁抵制电影《穆罕默德的部落》 |
[43:05] | Why are they at the American embassy? | 他们为什么在美国大使馆 |
[43:06] | Apparently it’s an American movie, but we can’t find it. | 显然这是一部美国电影 但我们找不到 |
[43:08] | Wait a second. | 等等 |
[43:10] | What’s the name of the pastor with the mustache who’s crazy? | 那个疯狂的留胡须的牧师叫什么 |
[43:14] | – Terry Jones. – Yes. | -特里·琼斯 -对了 |
[43:16] | He announced yesterday that he was screening a movie. | 他昨天称他要播放一部电影 |
[43:18] | – I can’t remember the name. – “Innocence of Muslims.” | -我不记得名字了 -《穆斯林无罪》 |
[43:21] | Is it possible it’s the same movie? | 这两个有可能是一个吗 |
[43:23] | Who is Giuseppe Zangara? | 朱塞佩·桑格诺是谁 |
[43:25] | I don’t really know. He’s a guy with a gun | 我不知道 他在1933年2月15日 |
[43:27] | who fired five shots in February 15, 1933, | 连开五枪 |
[43:31] | killing the Mayor of Chicago. | 枪杀了芝加哥市长 |
[43:33] | Why? Because Zangara was standing on a wobbly chair. | 为什么 因为桑格诺站的椅子不稳定 |
[43:36] | And the Mayor of Chicago wasn’t his target. | 他的目标不是芝加哥市长 |
[43:37] | It was the guy the mayor was shaking hands with, | 而是与市长握手的 |
[43:40] | the newly elected President Franklin Roosevelt. | 新当选总统富兰克林·罗斯福 |
[43:42] | If Zangara’s chair isn’t wobbly, | 如果桑格诺的椅子稳定 |
[43:44] | Roosevelt never takes office | 入主白宫的就不是罗斯福了 |
[43:46] | and we swear in his running mate, John Nance Garner, | 而是他的竞选对手 约翰·南斯·加纳 |
[43:50] | a man whose political ideology was the basis | 加纳的政治理念基础 |
[43:53] | for his opposition to a package of legislation | 是反对一系列立法 |
[43:55] | that would be called The New Deal | 我们称之为罗斯福新政 |
[43:57] | and we don’t survive the Great Depression. | 这样我们就不会挺过经济大萧条 |
[44:00] | It’s the same movie. “Innocence of Muslims.” | 是同一个电影 《穆斯林无罪》 |
[44:02] | He changed the title to get Muslims in to see it. | 他改了名字让穆斯林看到 |
[44:04] | There’s a mash-up of it on YouTube. | YouTube有一段组合 |
[44:05] | – Does it seem offensive? – To filmmakers at the very least. | -看上去有攻击性吗 -至少对于电影制片人来说 |
[44:08] | Okay, AP has just reported, | 助理制片人刚报告 |
[44:09] | “Egyptian Islamist protestors angry over film | “埃及伊斯兰教抗议者对视频内容非常气愤 |
[44:12] | scale US Embassy wall in Cairo and tear down flag.” | 他们包围开罗的美国大使馆 撕毁国旗” |
[44:14] | – The American flag. – I understand that now. | -美国国旗 -我现在明白了 |
[44:16] | – Jim, this thing’s starting to move. – They breached the wall. | -吉姆 事件开始发酵 -他们攻破了围墙 |
[44:18] | They’ve got a link to their | 他们在他们自己的网站上 |
[44:19] | – website with a message. – I’m on their website. | -发布信息 -我在看他们的网站 |
[44:20] | “The Embassy of the United states in Cairo | “美国在开罗的大使馆 |
[44:22] | condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals | 谴责受误导的个别人群 |
[44:23] | to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims.” | 不断伤害穆斯林人民宗教信仰的行为” |
[44:25] | They’re apologizing for the movie? | 他们为视频道歉了吗 |
[44:26] | 2,000 people just hopped the wall, man. | 2000人越过墙头 老兄 |
[44:27] | I’d apologize for whatever they want. | 要是我 会为任何事道歉 |
[44:29] | – I wouldn’t. – Congratulations. | -我不会 -好吧 |
[44:31] | MargaretJordan@ACN.com MargaretJordan@ACN.com. | |
[44:33] | We’ll have video of the flag in about five minutes. | 五分钟内传回国旗的视频 |
[44:35] | They took down our flag and replaced it | 他们扯下我们的国旗 用一块黑色旗帜代替 |
[44:36] | with a black flag and in Arabic writing it says– | 上面用阿拉伯语写着 |
[44:38] | “There is no God but God and Muhammad is the prophet of God.” | “世界上没有上帝 仅有上帝的信使穆罕默德” |
[44:41] | I hope our apology was sincere enough. | 我希望我们的道歉足够真诚 |
[44:43] | You want a job as the guy who | 你想要现在在大使馆前门 |
[44:44] | answers the front door of the embassy right now? | 应门的工作吗 |
[44:45] | We’re gonna need more bodies on phones. | 需要多点人手来接电话 |
[44:47] | Who are we talking to? Does London know anything? | 我们在和谁对话 伦敦方面有消息吗 |
[44:49] | London? When was the last time you slept? | 伦敦 你上次睡觉是什么时候 |
[44:51] | I’ve been busy standing by Genoa. What about you? | 我正忙着支持热那亚报道 你呢 |
[44:54] | I have no problem standing by it. | 我对支持完全没意见 |
[44:55] | You were well trained. | 训练有素 |
[44:56] | Guys, another demonstration’s broken out. | 各位 又爆发一起示威游行 |
[44:58] | – In Cairo? – In Libya. | -开罗 -利比亚 |
[45:00] | Outside our consulate in Benghazi. | 班加西我们的领事馆外 |
[45:02] | Your kitchen faucet has washers. | 你厨房的龙头上有垫圈 |
[45:04] | They keep water from leaking through the joints in the fixtures. | 防止水流过水龙头的连接点 |
[45:06] | And that’s what O-rings do. | 这就是O型密封圈 |
[45:07] | They’re giant washers that keep pressurized hydrogen | 它们还能防止加压氢气 |
[45:10] | from leaking out of the SRB, the solid rocket booster, | 从火箭助推器中外泄 |
[45:12] | that shoots the space shuttle out of the Earth’s atmosphere. | 火箭助推器将航天飞机发射出地球大气层 |
[45:15] | These O-rings have been tested and tested | 这些O型密封圈在各种环境下被反复测试 |
[45:17] | under every possible circumstance but one– cold. | 除了 低温 |
[45:20] | They didn’t test to see if the O-rings worked when it was cold. | 他们没测试O型密封圈在低温下是否还有用 |
[45:23] | Why would they even think to test for that? | 他们难道没想过要测试吗 |
[45:25] | The thing’s launching from south Florida. | 发射发生在佛罗里达南部 |
[45:27] | When’s it gonna be cold? | 什么时候会冷呢 |
[45:28] | On January 28, 1986, | 1986年1月28日 |
[45:30] | a cold snap dragged the overnight temperature down to 18 degrees | 寒流让夜间温度低至18度 |
[45:35] | and it turns out the O-rings stopped working below 40. | 而O型密封圈在40度以下停止工作 |
[45:39] | So 73 seconds after the Challenger lifts off, | “挑战者号”发射后的73秒 |
[45:43] | it converts itself into a bomb | 它自身变成了一个炸弹 |
[45:45] | and detonates. | 并最终爆炸 |
[45:47] | An American’s dead. Don’t know who. | 一名美国人丧生 不知道是谁 |
[45:49] | – Staff member. – Consulate staff. | -职员 -领事馆职员 |
[45:51] | – All this statement says is– – Statement from who? | -这份声明说 -谁发表声明 |
[45:53] | Libya’s Supreme Security Committee. | 利比亚最高安全委员会 |
[45:55] | “One American staff member | “一名美国职员丧生 |
[45:56] | has died and a number have been injured.” | 多人受伤” |
[45:57] | – What’s his name? – We don’t know. | -叫什么 -不知道 |
[45:59] | I want to stop hearing that answer soon. | 我不想待会还听到这个答案 |
[46:01] | We have 90 minutes to air. | 还有90分钟直播 |
[46:02] | – Mac, did you want to look at this? – Not this second. | -麦肯 你想看下这个吗 -现在没空 |
[46:04] | – They’re not releasing names. – Names? | -他们没有公布名单 -名单 |
[46:06] | They have more than one? | 不止一个人 |
[46:07] | I don’t know if that was the implication. | 我不知道是否有暗示 |
[46:08] | – Mac. – It’s just an LED readout, right? | -麦肯 -这是LED计时器吗 |
[46:11] | Yeah. We put it on brackets on the prompter | 是的 放在提词器上方的支架上 |
[46:13] | and I’ve got it on remote from the control room. | 我从控制室拿来的 |
[46:15] | A segment is three minutes and 50 seconds | 一段是3分50秒 |
[46:17] | and you don’t have to be in his ear at the end of a segment. | 这样你就不用在每段结束的时候提示他了 |
[46:20] | He’ll appreciate that. Just leave it here. | 他会喜欢的 放这吧 |
[46:22] | I’ll show it to him and find out | 我会拿给他看 看看他 |
[46:23] | what neurotic superstition he has for not using it. | 他到底发什么神经不用这个 |
[46:25] | Copy. | 收到 |
[46:28] | Muhammad. | 穆罕默德 |
[46:29] | Muhammad the bastard, your lady summons you. | 私生子穆罕默德 你的女神在召唤你 |
[46:32] | My lady? My lady? | 我的女神 我的女神 |
[46:34] | Don’t finish it. | 别弄完 |
[46:39] | I’m watching you. | 我看着你呢 |
[46:41] | What would a military response be? | 军方会怎么回应 |
[46:43] | First Marine FAST– Fleet Antiterrorism Security Team. | 第一海军陆战队FAST 舰队反恐安全组 |
[46:47] | They’ve got– right, they’ve got platoons. | 大概有 没错 大概有好几个排 |
[46:49] | – In Spain. – Rota, Spain. | -在西班牙 -西班牙罗塔 |
[46:51] | That’s still 12 hours, right? | 还是12小时 对吗 |
[46:53] | – Jim would know. – Where is he? | -吉姆会知道的 -他在哪儿 |
[46:55] | He and Don are huddled up working on something. | 他和唐在一起研究其他事 |
[47:14] | So sometimes it’s just the one thing. | 有时候就是一步之差 |
[47:30] | He lucked out. He wouldn’t have been able to do it | 是他运气好 如果当时对画面多加注意 |
[47:33] | if there had been action in the frame. | 他就不会得手了 |
[47:37] | Were any exceptional measures used in the operation? | 本次行动中有没有使用非常规手段 |
[47:40] | Exceptional measures were called for. | 情况所迫需要使用非常规手段 |
[47:42] | Like what? | 比如什么 |
[47:43] | We used sarin. | 我们用了沙林 |
[47:45] | It is right. It is moral and necessary – to use any–. | 没错 都是合理而且必要的 |
[47:51] | We used sarin. | 我们用了沙林 |
[47:54] | It is right. It is moral– | 没错 都是合理 |
[47:59] | Exceptional measures were called for. | 情况所迫需要使用非常规手段 |
[48:01] | Like what? | 比如什么 |
[48:04] | We used sarin. | 我们用了沙林 |
[48:06] | It is right. | 没错 |
[48:07] | It is moral and necessary to use any means | 在他们当时所处的境况下 |
[48:10] | in that situation and the situation they were in. | 采取任何手段及办法解救俘虏都是合理而且必要的 |
[48:18] | You forgot about the shot clock. | 你忘了计时器 |
[48:20] | Mac. | 麦肯 |
[48:22] | Hey, easy does it. | 小心点 |
[48:29] | The shot clock jumped | 计时器从19跳到3 |
[48:31] | from 19 to three to two to 14. | 到2又跳到14 |
[48:48] | – He said it, Mac. – How do you not understand what you’ve done? | -他说了 麦肯 -你怎么还不明白你干了什么 |
[48:50] | – He said it before we were rolling. – We have to retract it. | -他在我们录之前就说了 -我们得取消报道 |
[48:53] | – He said it to me. – Do you understand this? | -他对我说的 -你明白吗 |
[48:55] | – Did Genoa happen? It happened. – That we invented evidence | -确有热那亚一事吗 有 -我们捏造证据 |
[48:57] | – to support a story of a war crime. – It happened. | -以证明战争罪确有其事 -是真的 |
[48:59] | Maggie was there. She heard him say it. She’s just fucked up. | 玛姬当时在场 也听到了 她只是糊涂了 |
[49:01] | – A war crime. – Yeah, it’s a war crime and it happened. | -战争罪 -没错 是真实发生的战争罪 |
[49:04] | – No one– no one– – We | -没有人 没人 -我们 |
[49:05] | went into Iraq because he had these things. | 带着这些东西进入伊拉克 |
[49:06] | – We don’t torture, we don’t use chemical weapons. – No one… | -我们不折磨人 也不使用化学武器 -没人 |
[49:08] | I wouldn’t have done this on any other story | 如果是别的报道 我不会那样做 |
[49:10] | and I wouldn’t have done it unless I was sure. | 如果我不确定 也不会那样做 |
[49:18] | …is ever going to believe us again. | 会再相信我们了 |
[49:24] | I think I shouldn’t say | 我想在见到律师前 |
[49:25] | anything more until I’ve talked to a lawyer. | 我不该再多说什么了 |
[49:31] | – You’re fired. – I know. | -你被解雇了 -我知道 |
[49:40] | We don’t think the protests | 我们不认为班加西的抗议 |
[49:41] | in Benghazi has anything to do with the movie. | 与这部电影有任何关系 |
[49:42] | – We don’t think it’s a protest. – What do you think it is? | -我们不认为这是抗议 -那你们认为是什么 |
[49:44] | – A planned, coordinated attack. – A terrorist attack. | -是一场事先预谋的袭击事件 -恐怖袭击 |
[49:46] | – He’s got a source at State. – We’ve used him. | -他在政府有线人 -我们联系利用了他 |
[49:48] | He saw an e-mail at the operation center | 他在行动中心看到一封 |
[49:50] | to White House, Pentagon, and FBI saying | 发往白宫 五角大楼和联调局的电邮 |
[49:52] | Ansar al-Sharia is claiming credit for the attack in Benghazi. | 说安萨尔·阿尔沙里亚宣称对班加西的袭击负责 |
[49:54] | Will, the movie might just be a coincidence. | 威尔 电影可能只是一个巧合 |
[49:57] | It’s not a movie. “Avatar” Is a movie. | 那不是电影 《阿凡达》才算是电影 |
[49:59] | How bad is this thing? | 情况有多糟糕 |
[50:00] | – Oh, it’s bad. – It’s really not at all good. | -很糟糕 -非常不妙 |
[50:02] | You have been nothing but bad news | 你从西北大学举手的那一刻起 |
[50:03] | since you raised your hand at Northwestern. | 就从没带来过好消息 |
[50:07] | Don and Jim have a source at State that says he saw an e-mail. | 唐和吉姆的外交部线人说他看到一封电邮 |
[50:11] | Ansar al-Sharia is saying they did Benghazi. | 安萨尔·阿尔沙里亚说班加西的事情是他们干的 |
[50:13] | May have nothing to do with Cairo | 可能跟开罗没关系 |
[50:14] | and it’s a 9/11 anniversary attack. | 而是针对”911″周年纪念的袭击 |
[50:18] | What? | 怎么了 |
[50:20] | Mac? | 麦肯 |
[50:22] | We have to retract Genoa tonight. | 我们得取消今晚的热那亚报道 |
[50:29] | All of it. | 全部都取消 |
[50:56] | A half an hour later, we retracted the story. | 半小时之后 我们取消了报道 |
[51:00] | That was our top story, not Benghazi. | 那本是我们头条报道 而非班加西事件 |
[51:02] | On Benghazi we didn’t trust the source at State. | 在班加西这件事情上 |
[51:04] | We didn’t trust anything anymore. | 我们再也不相信任何证据了 |
[51:06] | We reported the same thing as everybody else | 我们跟其他媒体报道的一样 |
[51:09] | even though we knew we were probably wrong. | 即便我们知道我们可能错了 |
[51:11] | Protesters, angry over | 被一部美国业余爱好者拍摄的 |
[51:12] | an amateur American movie denouncing Islam, | 含侮辱伊斯兰教内容的电影激怒的反对者 |
[51:15] | attacked the United States consulate in Benghazi, Libya, today, | 今天袭击了美国在利比亚班加西的领事馆 |
[51:18] | killing a State Department officer. | 导致一名国务院官员遇难 |
[51:20] | While in Cairo, demonstrators stormed | 同时在开罗 示威者攻击了 |
[51:22] | the walls of the United States Embassy. | 美国大使馆的围墙 |
[51:24] | On the anniversary of 9/11… | 在”911″事件的周年纪念日上 |
[51:35] | We just stopped being good at– | 我们再也不擅长于 |
[51:42] | Genoa was a real mission. It was successful. | 热那亚任务确实存在 并且成功完成了 |
[51:47] | Sweeney was right about the MOPP suits, | 斯维尼关于防护服的说法是对的 |
[51:49] | just wrong about the reason they were wearing them. | 只是有关佩戴的原因是错的 |
[51:52] | It was in case the militants had biological weapons. | 那实际是为了以防激进分子有生物武器 |
[51:55] | The white phosphorus was only laid down to mark the target. | 直升机释放白磷只是为了标明目标 |
[51:57] | Hamni8 didn’t die in the raid. | 汉尼8并没有在袭击中身亡 |
[51:59] | His prepaid cell plan ran out. | 是他的付费手机套餐用完了 |
[52:02] | It was an institutional failure. | 那就是机制问题 |
[52:05] | Bullshit. | 胡说 |
[52:08] | We’ll call the election tomorrow | 我们明天会进行选举 |
[52:10] | and then resign. | 然后辞职 |
[52:12] | She’s on her way over. We’re meeting her upstairs. | 她正在来的路上 我们在楼上见她 |
[52:15] | I’m sorry, Will. I really am. | 抱歉 威尔 真的很抱歉 |
[52:18] | I wanted this to go another way. | 我本希望事态朝另一方向发展 |
[52:23] | We both knew it wasn’t gonna. | 我们都知道不可能 |
[52:34] | Did she seem mad? | 她是不是气疯了 |
[52:38] | When you talked to her on the phone. | 你打电话给她的时候 |
[52:40] | It’s after midnight. You think we got her out of bed? | 都过午夜了 你觉得她还会起床赶过来吗 |
[52:43] | You did not get me out of bed. Good night. | 我可不是从床上赶过来的 晚安 |
[52:46] | I just paid $1,000 to see “Skyfall” | 我刚花了一千美元去看《天幕坠落》 |
[52:48] | and attend a party at the Museum of Modern Art. | 还参加了一个现代艺术博物馆的派对 |
[52:51] | The proceeds are going to the Tribeca Film Festival. | 是特里贝克电影节的活动 |
[52:54] | – You know why? – To support the arts? | -知道为什么吗 -为了支持艺术事业吗 |
[52:56] | – To meet Daniel Craig. – Did you? | -为了见丹尼尔·克雷格 -见到了吗 |
[52:58] | Hurricane Sandy and the airports. | 因为飓风桑迪和机场延误 |
[53:00] | – He wasn’t there? – He was not there. | -他没到场吗 -他没到场 |
[53:03] | You look like Daniel Craig. Get up. | 你看起来很像丹尼尔·克雷格 起来 |
[53:06] | Oh, you look less like him now. | 现在看起来不那么像了 |
[53:09] | Sit back down. And what about you? | 坐回去吧 你怎么了 |
[53:11] | Why so glum, sugarplum? | 为什么这么闷闷不乐 小甜甜 |
[53:14] | We’re gonna resign, Leona. It’s what has to happen now. | 我们要辞职 莉安娜 别无选择 |
[53:17] | Elliot Hirsch, Sloan Sabbith, | 埃利奥特·赫什 斯隆·莎碧斯 |
[53:20] | Terry Smith, “Dayside ACN,” ACN. | 泰利·史密斯 《ACN日间新闻》 ACN |
[53:24] | We understand the integrity of the news is more important– | 我们知道新闻的完整性比个人 |
[53:27] | than one individual. That is beautiful. | 更为重要 真帅 |
[53:30] | Not as beautiful as Daniel Craig. | 没丹尼尔·克雷格帅 |
[53:32] | – Leona. – I’d have sent my plane. | -莉安娜 -我真应该派我的飞机过去 |
[53:34] | – I’d have sent my plane. – We’re not fucking around. | -真该派飞机去接 -我们不是胡闹 |
[53:37] | You will resign when I fire you | 你得在我心怀怨恨地开除你之后 |
[53:39] | out of petty malice and not before. | 才能辞职 现在不行 |
[53:41] | – Our trust numbers are– – Yeah, they’re bad. | -我们的信任指数 -是啊 很糟糕 |
[53:42] | – They’re fatal. – Firing | -糟糕透顶 -开除杰利 |
[53:44] | Jerry was obviously the right thing to do, | 显然是正确的选择 |
[53:46] | but it wasn’t enough and we’ve known that for two months. | 但这还不够 我们两个月前就知道 |
[53:49] | Charlie and I have to go. | 查理和我也得走 |
[53:51] | – And Twiggy over here? – It was my fault. | -还有这边的美女吗 -那是我的错 |
[53:53] | McMac. Can I call you McMac? | 麦麦可 我能叫你麦麦可吗 |
[53:55] | Doesn’t matter, I’m gonna anyway, McMac. | 无所谓了 我就这么叫 麦麦可 |
[53:58] | – Your head’s up your ass. – Mrs. Lansing. | -你是一塌糊涂了 -兰辛女士 |
[54:00] | Guy comes in here into my hizzy– | 一个家伙跑到我的地盘 |
[54:03] | guy comes in here, cooks an interview, no remorse. | 一个家伙跑来这儿 篡改了采访却毫无悔意 |
[54:06] | 30 lawyers vet the story, it goes on air. | 30名律师对这篇报道进行审核 都上电视了 |
[54:09] | You, I don’t know what you’d do to Sherlock Holmes this thing. | 你 我不知道你要怎么查出事情真相 |
[54:12] | I wouldn’t be able to figure it out | 我都没办法查明 |
[54:14] | and I’m the smartest person in the room. | 而且我还是这间屋子里最聪明的人 |
[54:15] | Well, I wouldn’t go that– | 好吧 我不同意 |
[54:17] | Oh, shut the fuck up, you Daniel Craig wannabe. | 闭嘴 你个做梦都想当丹尼尔·克雷格的 |
[54:19] | I don’t want to be Daniel Craig. | 我不想当丹尼尔·克雷格 |
[54:21] | Well, you should want to be Daniel Craig. Everybody should. | 你应该想当丹尼尔·克雷格 每个人都应该 |
[54:24] | Leona, are you stoned? | 莉安娜 你嗑药了吗 |
[54:26] | You know, my makeup lasts a long time. | 我的妆容倒是维持很长时间啊 |
[54:28] | – Oh, jeez. – Mrs. Lansing. | -天哪 -兰辛女士 |
[54:31] | No, no, please, call me– | 不不 请叫我 |
[54:32] | continue to call me Mrs. Lansing. | 继续叫我兰辛女士吧 |
[54:34] | – Leona– – Guy comes into my house | -莉安娜 -一个家伙跑到 |
[54:38] | which I love. | 我心爱的房子里 |
[54:39] | Which I bet you guys didn’t know. | 我打赌你们都不知道 |
[54:42] | But I love it. I love ACN. | 但我真的很爱它 我爱ACN |
[54:45] | You don’t make me a nickel | 你们一分钱没给我赚 |
[54:48] | and you cause headaches for the divisions that do, | 还总给我赚钱的部门添乱 |
[54:50] | but you make me– | 但你们也让我 |
[54:53] | you make me so proud. | 你们让我很自豪 |
[54:58] | God, guy comes in here, cooks an interview, | 上帝啊 一个家伙跑来这里 篡改了采访 |
[55:00] | and this ends up with– ’cause he’s unemployable | 而最后结局却是”他被违约解雇 |
[55:03] | he gets a $5 million settlement | 而拿到了五百万的和解协议 |
[55:05] | and the three of you leave? | 你们三个却要走人”吗 |
[55:06] | Oh, I don’t think so. | 我可不这么认为 |
[55:10] | And McMac. | 而且麦麦可 |
[55:12] | That’s a name that’s really starting to grow on me. | 这名字开始在我脑中根深蒂固了 |
[55:14] | She doesn’t have to go. Nobody’s ever heard of her. | 她不用走 根本没人听说过她 |
[55:18] | But she’s gonna do the honorable thing. | 但她会来做令人尊敬的事 |
[55:20] | And what’s expected of me, huh? | 要我做什么 |
[55:23] | Not to do the honorable thing? | 不做令人尊敬的事吗 |
[55:25] | What’s expected of me? | 到底要我做什么 |
[55:27] | No, I do not accept your resignations. | 不 我不接受你们的辞职 |
[55:30] | And Jerry Dantana’s not gonna get one fucking dollar. | 杰利·丹塔纳一分钱也拿不到 |
[55:35] | I got some kick-ass courtroom outfits. | 我有非常厉害的法律团队 |
[55:37] | You have to accept our resignations and you have to settle. | 你必须接受我们的辞职 也得跟他签订协议 |
[55:40] | He’ll take it to trial and win. | 否则他会上诉 而且会胜诉 |
[55:42] | There was an institutional failure and he was the only one fired. | 这是机制问题 却只开除了他一个人 |
[55:45] | Then you’ll need a good lawyer. | 你们得找个好律师 |
[55:47] | Lee, don’t accept their resignations. | 李 别接受他们的辞职 |
[55:51] | I already wasn’t accepting their resignations, Becca. | 我已经拒绝了 贝卡 |
[55:55] | Don’t horn in on my honorable thing. | 别搅和我做好事 |
[55:57] | God, I mean, can’t a lady have– | 天哪 我说 女人就不能 |
[56:00] | Leona, we don’t have | 莉安娜 我们彻底 |
[56:02] | the trust of the public anymore. | 失去公众的信任了 |
[56:04] | Get it back! | 那就重新树立 |