时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:21] | I just need to know we’re off the record. | 我需要确认 这是私下谈话 |
[01:23] | – That hurts me. – Hallie. | -你太伤人了 -哈莉 |
[01:25] | You believe I would violate our trust for a story? | 你觉得我会为一篇报道背叛你的信任吗 |
[01:28] | I believe you’d sell me into slavery for a story. | 我觉得你为了报道 能把我卖作奴隶 |
[01:29] | – Well, that’s just not true. – Say we’re off the record. | -怎么会呢 -说这是私下谈话 |
[01:32] | We’re always off the record. | 我从来都是私下谈话的 |
[01:33] | I need it for specifically right now. | 你得明确地说出来 |
[01:34] | – You need me to say the words? – Yes. | -你要我说这几个字 -对 |
[01:37] | You really need me to say the words? | 你非要我说这几个字 |
[01:38] | Yeah, and you haven’t yet. | 对 你到现在还没说 |
[01:39] | – Well played. – Hallie. | -你赢了 -哈莉 |
[01:40] | – Yeah? – Say them. | -怎么 -说 |
[01:41] | We’re off the record. | 这是私下谈话 |
[01:44] | Last night at around 1:30 in the morning, | 昨晚凌晨1点30左右 |
[01:47] | Charlie, Will, and Mac all resigned. | 查理 威尔 麦肯都辞职了 |
[01:49] | Don and Maggie and I were resigning. | 唐 玛姬和我也要辞职 |
[01:51] | Sloan, Neal was resigning. | 斯隆 尼尔也是 |
[01:53] | I knew you guys– I could tell you guys | 我了解你们 你们做取证准备时 |
[01:55] | were gonna do that all during the depo prep. | 我就知道你们会这么做 |
[01:57] | Wait, you said were. Were resigning. | 等等 你说”要”辞职 |
[01:59] | Leona wouldn’t accept their resignations– Charlie, Will, and Mac. | 莉安娜不接受查理 威尔和麦肯的辞职 |
[02:02] | – You’re kidding. – No. | -开玩笑吧 -没有 |
[02:04] | – Why? – She didn’t think it was the honorable thing to do. | -为什么 -她不认为那是义举 |
[02:07] | – No, seriously. – Hallie, I’m telling you, | -别闹 -哈莉 我说真的 |
[02:08] | she won’t accept their resignations and she won’t settle the suit. | 她不肯接受他们辞职 也不愿和解诉讼 |
[02:11] | She wants to do the honorable thing. Those were her words. | 她想要做出义举 这是她的原话 |
[02:14] | And to her, that means standing by us and not caving to the pressure. | 而她的义举 就是支持我们 不屈服 |
[02:17] | – This is unprecedented. – Yeah. | -闻所未闻啊 -是啊 |
[02:19] | You have to let me quote you on this. | 你得让我引述你的话 |
[02:21] | All these years, what did you think “off the record” meant? | 当了多年记者 你以为”私下”是什么意思 |
[02:23] | – I’m saying on background. – No. | -我是指概要 -不行 |
[02:27] | No. There’s no story until Charlie says so. | 不行 查理发话前 不得走漏一丝风声 |
[02:32] | She’ll hold you in material breach. | 她会告你们实质违约 |
[02:33] | – Are you just saying that? – No, she’s very serious. | -信口开河吧 -不 她是认真的 |
[02:36] | If we resign anyway, she’ll sue us? | 若我们执意辞职 她会告我们 |
[02:38] | She’ll win, too. | 而且会胜诉 |
[02:38] | – We’re trying to do the right thing. – So is she. | -我们是想做正确的事 -她也是 |
[02:40] | There’s a mob out there with pitchforks. | 一群豺狼虎豹等着吃了我们呢 |
[02:42] | – She doesn’t like mobs. – What if the mob’s right? | -她不喜欢豺狼虎豹 -倘若豺狼虎豹有理呢 |
[02:44] | – They’re not. – Says who? | -他们没理 -谁说的 |
[02:46] | Me and her. | 我和她 |
[02:47] | We aired a story. A small story? No. | 我们报道了一则新闻 是小新闻吗 不是 |
[02:50] | A story asserting that we used… | 我们声称 美军使用了 |
[02:52] | – Sarin gas. – On civilians. | -沙林毒气 -而且是对平民 |
[02:54] | We retracted the story 48 hours later | 我们48小时后收回了这则新闻 |
[02:56] | because we were a little wrong? No. | 因为我们犯了小错误吗 不 |
[02:58] | – We aired– – A complete fiction. | -我们播报了一篇 -彻头彻尾的假消息 |
[03:00] | – You don’t have to be mean about it. – You aired a bad story. | -你不用这么损嘛 -你们播了条烂新闻 |
[03:03] | – It was a great story. – If only it had been true. | -是条好新闻 -真的新闻才是好新闻 |
[03:05] | Well, I’m sorry we didn’t meet your East Coast intellectual standards. | 抱歉 我们不符合你们东海岸的学术标准 |
[03:08] | Hey, I’m not fucking around. | 我可不是在闹着玩 |
[03:09] | She’s not accepting your resignations. | 她不接受你们的辞职 |
[03:11] | – This place is crippled. – I understand that– | -这地方都废了 -我知道 |
[03:13] | To start with, we don’t have military sources anymore. | 首先 我们失去了军方的消息来源 |
[03:16] | – The DOD doesn’t talk to us. – Do you think that’s maybe | -国防部不肯跟我们说话 -你说这会不会是 |
[03:19] | because you falsely accused them of heinous war crimes? | 因为你们错误地指责他们犯下了可怕的战争罪 |
[03:21] | I do. I think that’s the reason. | 没错 我认为这正是原因 |
[03:23] | But that’s small beer compared to our public credibility. | 但是这跟我们的公信力相比不值一提 |
[03:27] | – That, your credibility– – Has disappeared? | -你们的公信力 -完全化成灰了 |
[03:29] | – Yes. – So one less thing we have to worry about. | -没错 -至少以后不用再操心这个了 |
[03:31] | Why are you jovial? | 你还有心情说笑 |
[03:33] | I’ve appointed myself in charge of morale. | 我自觉担当起了重振士气的重任 |
[03:35] | – That’s what it’s come to. – He’s right. | -沦落到这份上了 -他说得对 |
[03:36] | We aired a doctored tape in support of a fake report. | 我们用篡改过的视频来证实一则假新闻 |
[03:41] | The guy who doctored the tape is suing us. | 篡改视频的人 居然反过来起诉我们 |
[03:44] | The woman who’s always wanted to fire us won’t let us resign. | 一直想炒了我们的女人 居然不准我们辞职 |
[03:47] | The unhappiest guy in the building is in charge of morale. | 而楼里最阴暗的人 居然负责士气 |
[03:50] | – We have gone to the zoo! – True story. | -都乱成一锅粥了 -一点不假 |
[03:53] | – Yeah. – Which is more than we can say about the story. | -是啊 -比我们的报道更真实 |
[03:55] | – That’s right. – But on the bright side– | -没错 -但好的方面是 |
[03:57] | There is no bright side, Father Flanagan. | 根本就没有好的一面 弗拉纳根神父 |
[03:59] | – Don’t finish that sentence. – I wasn’t gonna be able to anyway. | -别瞎编了 -我本来也编不出来 |
[04:06] | Reese is having a viewing party upstairs? | 里斯在楼上办收视派对吗 |
[04:08] | Yeah. Look at me. | 没错 瞧瞧我 |
[04:10] | Why am I looking at you? | 看你干什么 |
[04:12] | Because I’m dressed for the party. | 我为派对特地打扮过了 |
[04:14] | – Got it. – I look hot. | -明白了 -我多性感 |
[04:15] | – I’m gonna go upstairs– – Liquid sex. | -我要上楼去 -性感诱人 |
[04:17] | I’m gonna go upstairs and– what are you saying? | 我要上楼去 你刚刚说什么 |
[04:19] | I just described myself as liquid sex. | 我刚刚说我自己性感诱人 |
[04:22] | Add to the list that this is our lawyer. | 再加一条 她居然是我们的律师 |
[04:24] | No kidding. I’m gonna go upstairs at some point tonight. | 可不是 我今晚某个时间要上楼去 |
[04:28] | – When? – When there’s a minute. | -什么时候 -有时间的时候 |
[04:29] | I’m gonna go upstairs and work on Reese. | 我要上楼去劝服里斯 |
[04:31] | – You want me to help? – I’d love you to. | -要我去帮忙吗 -再好不过 |
[04:34] | But someone has to endure the soul-swallowing humiliation | 但是总得有人承受巨大耻辱 |
[04:37] | of having their name and face broadcast | 在接下来六个小时中 |
[04:39] | next to the ACN logo for the next six hours. | 挨着ACN台标播报新闻 |
[04:42] | I can’t believe you guys didn’t choose him for the morale job. | 你们居然没选他来重振士气 |
[04:45] | I’m gonna need to talk to Don Keefer. | 我要找唐·基佛 |
[04:47] | He’s pretty busy right now. | 他正忙着呢 |
[04:48] | – Later, then. – Why? | -那就待会儿 -什么事 |
[04:50] | He has attorney/client privilege, | 他有律师-当事人保密特权 |
[04:52] | but he’s not gonna be happy. | 只能告诉你 不是好事 |
[04:55] | All right. Can I have a moment? | 好吧 能单独谈谈吗 |
[04:58] | Sure. | 当然 |
[05:01] | I think he meant with me. | 他是想跟我谈 |
[05:05] | That wasn’t made clear. | 他又没说清楚 |
[05:10] | MacKenzie’s taking this the hardest. | 麦肯兹受的打击最大 |
[05:11] | She wanted it to be over. | 她想让事情快点结束 |
[05:13] | She thought she was gonna be humanely put down. | 她自以为能为大家牺牲 |
[05:16] | Yeah, she’s, you know, she’s shaken up. | 她受刺激了 |
[05:20] | You can fire her. | 你可以解雇她 |
[05:22] | You don’t need Leona’s permission and I can’t do it without yours. | 你不需要莉安娜的允许 我要解雇必须有你允许 |
[05:25] | – And she can’t quit. – I know. I’m not firing anybody. | -她又不能辞职 -我知道 我谁都不会解雇 |
[05:28] | I’m not firing anybody either. | 我也不会解雇谁 |
[05:29] | I just badly need to get fired myself. | 但是我自己得马上被解雇 |
[05:32] | So you’d agree this is an unusual situation? | 那么你也认为现在的情形很不寻常 |
[05:34] | These things– | 这些东西 |
[05:36] | why don’t you just set yourself on fire instead of the cigarette? | 你还点烟干什么 干脆把自己点了吧 |
[05:39] | One’s enjoyable to me and the other would cause a lot of pain. | 点根烟是件愉快的事 把我自己点了得多疼啊 |
[05:42] | – It’s not even a choice. – Have a good show. | -这哪叫选择 -好好播报吧 |
[05:45] | Good show. | 一切顺利 |
[05:51] | – Want this back? – No. | -还要吗 -不了 |
[06:00] | There’s a race for state rep in Hutchinson, Kansas, that defies clich? | 堪萨斯哈钦森的州众议员选举 违背常理啊 |
[06:03] | The Democratic incumbent, Jan Pauls, is anti-gay. | 现任的民主党议员简·保尔斯反同性恋 |
[06:06] | – Gay marriage? – Gay person anti-gay. | -反对同性婚姻吗 -反对同性恋者 |
[06:08] | The Democrat is the state’s leading LGBT opponent. | 民主党候选人是该州最大的LGBT反对者 |
[06:11] | She narrowly defeated her primary challenger Erich Bishop, | 她险胜初选对手埃里希·贝肖普 |
[06:14] | the openly gay son of a former Klan member. | 前三k党成员的儿子 且是公开同性恋 |
[06:16] | Tonight, Jan Pauls faces off against her Republican challenger, | 今晚 简·保尔斯要面对共和党挑战者 |
[06:19] | who’s a pro-choice, | 是个支持堕胎 |
[06:20] | pro-gay rights railroad conductor named Dakota Bass. | 支持同性恋权益的列车长 达柯塔·巴斯 |
[06:23] | There’s no way I’m not spending the entire night talking about this race. | 今晚 我要好好谈谈这场选举 |
[06:27] | I am. | 我要谈这个 |
[06:28] | – I called it. – What do you mean you called it? | -我先抢了 -什么叫你先抢了 |
[06:30] | – I just told you about it. – Did you call it? | -这是我才告诉你的 -但是你没抢啊 |
[06:31] | – I– – No. Right? | -我 -没有 对吧 |
[06:34] | I don’t want to get in the middle of anything, | 我可不想搀和你们的事 |
[06:36] | but I’ve always understood that you had to call it. | 但我一贯认为 这种事要先抢的 |
[06:40] | I did call– | 我有… |
[06:43] | okay, it’s obviously every man for himself out there. | 好吧 显然这世道人心险恶 |
[06:47] | Hey. It’s time to get you guys wired. | 你们得带麦了 |
[06:50] | Taylor, I know it’s your first time, | 泰勒 我知道这是你的第一次 |
[06:51] | so don’t worry that you’re going to be bad at this. | 如果你做得不好也没关系 |
[06:53] | Not worried, not my first time. | 我不担心 这不是我第一次了 |
[06:54] | If it turns out that you’re bad on TV, | 万一你在直播中表现不好 |
[06:56] | – everyone else can cover for you. – Cool. | -大家都能替你打圆场 -好的 |
[06:57] | I mean, you’ll still have to sit there for six hours, | 但你还是得坐在那六个小时 |
[07:00] | – but you’ll do it silently. – Copy. | -只不过不说话而已 -知道了 |
[07:02] | We open with polls closing in Kentucky, South Carolina, | 我们会以肯塔基州 南卡罗来纳州 佛蒙特州 |
[07:04] | Vermont, Virginia, Georgia, and Indiana. | 佛吉尼亚州 乔治亚州和印第安纳州的投票结束来开场 |
[07:07] | And we can call Indiana and Kentucky for Romney. | 已经可以判定印第安纳和肯塔基归罗姆尼了 |
[07:09] | – Yeah, baby. – You are to show no partisan emotion. | -太好了 -你不能表现出党派偏好 |
[07:11] | And another thing, I’m not an embed on your bus. | 还有 我不是你车上的随行记者 |
[07:14] | I’m the senior producer of ACN’s Election Night coverage. | 我是ACN大选之夜报道的高级制片人 |
[07:16] | I brief the very important panelists, | 我只对重要的讨论组嘉宾做简报 |
[07:18] | which is why I brought Maggie to brief you. | 所以我让玛姬来给你做简报 |
[07:20] | Have a good show, everyone. | 大家加油 |
[07:22] | Is there an ancient grudge between your two families? | 你们两家是世仇吗 |
[07:25] | I called MacKenzie and told her that | 我打电话告诉麦肯兹 |
[07:27] | Jim gave away a one-on-one with the candidate | 吉姆把专访罗姆尼的机会 |
[07:29] | to another reporter on the bus. | 让给了车上另一个记者 |
[07:30] | And we just generally have a special relationship. | 所以我俩之间的关系比较特殊 |
[07:34] | – Hallie. – I’m sorry? | -哈莉 -抱歉 |
[07:38] | Yes, he gave it to Hallie. | 对 他把机会给了哈莉 |
[07:40] | She’s his girlfriend now, so he’s just mad that I ratted him out. | 她是他的现任女友 所以他恨我打小报告 |
[07:43] | – But I had to. – I’m Maggie Jordan. | -但我不得已 -我是玛姬·乔丹 |
[07:45] | – Hi. – I hate Jim, too. | -嗨 -我也恨吉姆 |
[07:47] | – No, you don’t. – Yes, I do. | -不 你不恨他 -我恨 |
[07:49] | – I don’t hate Jim. – I do. | -我不恨吉姆 -我恨 |
[07:53] | Would it bother Jim if you knew something before he did? | 要是你比他早知道某件事 他会抓狂吗 |
[07:57] | – It would a lot, yeah. – Then we can both win. | -绝对会的 -那我们就双赢了 |
[08:01] | Talk to me. | 跟我说说 |
[08:02] | Talk to me, too, sister. | 也跟我说说 姐妹 |
[08:04] | Be less desperate for female friends. | 对女性朋友别太迫切了 |
[08:08] | I’m gonna own you out there. | 我在直播中会让你难堪的 |
[08:19] | – Have a good show tonight. – You, too. | -今晚加油 -你也是 |
[08:21] | This is gonna be the night when social media | 今晚将是社交媒体 |
[08:23] | – takes the mantle of democracy from– – Yeah, yeah, yeah. | -接过民主的火炬… -行了 |
[08:25] | Hey, did you know your book sold for $1,000? | 你知道你的书卖了一千美元吗 |
[08:28] | – What do you mean? – At the auction. | -什么意思 -拍卖会上 |
[08:30] | – My book? – It got bid up to $1,000. | -我的书 -竞价高达一千 |
[08:32] | And you were afraid no one was gonna buy it. | 你之前居然还怕没人买 |
[08:34] | Go back for a second. | 从头给我说 |
[08:36] | On Sunday, the auction Reese had for Sandy relief. | 周日 里斯为桑迪赈灾举行了拍卖会 |
[08:37] | – I was supposed to sign a book. – You did sign a book. | -我本该给一本书签名 -你签了 |
[08:40] | Reese asked all the talent to contribute something. | 里斯呼吁所有主持人捐一份心意 |
[08:42] | Will donated a round of golf with Will. | 威尔捐了跟他打高尔夫的机会 |
[08:44] | Elliot’s letting someone read the news. | 埃利奥特捐了上电视读新闻的机会 |
[08:45] | And Reese wanted you to donate dinner and a movie, | 里斯想让你捐陪你吃饭看电影的机会 |
[08:47] | but you said you’d sign a book. | 但你说 你想给一本书签名 |
[08:49] | Because I thought nobody bidding on a book | 因为我觉得没人为一本书竞价 |
[08:50] | would be less embarrassing than nobody bidding on a date. | 总好过没人为跟我约会竞价 |
[08:52] | Do you honestly– can I ask, do you seriously think– | 你真觉得…我问你 你真的觉得… |
[08:55] | I’m not suggesting you should have donated a date– | 我不是说你应该捐陪你约会的机会 |
[08:57] | but do you really think that if you had, | 但你真以为 那样的话 |
[08:59] | no one would have bid on it? | 没有人会为此竞价吗 |
[09:01] | What I’m saying is that would have been embarrassing. | 我的意思是 那样会很难堪 |
[09:03] | So why not just donate the | 为什么不直接把钱 |
[09:04] | money directly to Sandy, which is what I did. | 捐给桑迪赈灾 我就是这么做的 |
[09:06] | Well, your book went for $1,000. | 你的书竞拍到了一千美元 |
[09:08] | Someone spent $1,000 on | 真的有人花了一千块买 |
[09:10] | “Hyperinflation in the Weimar Republic: The Economics of Post-World War I Germany”? | 《魏玛共和国的恶性通货膨胀:一战之后德国的经济》 |
[09:13] | Hey, I’m as surprised as anyone, | 我也很吃惊 |
[09:14] | but I think what they were buying was your autograph. | 但我觉得 他们在意的是你的签名 |
[09:16] | – I didn’t sign it. – You did. | -我没签名 -你签了 |
[09:18] | – I didn’t. – I saw the inscription. | -我没有 -我都看见了 |
[09:20] | “Ich hoffe, sie zerreßien dieses buch.” | [德语] |
[09:23] | “I hope you shred this book”? | “我希望你撕了这本书” |
[09:24] | – Is that what that means? – Yes. I mean, I think. Yes. | -是这个意思 -对 我想是的 |
[09:27] | Then it says, “Thank you for your generosity, Sloan Sabbith.” | 后面又说 “感谢您的慷慨 斯隆·莎碧斯” |
[09:31] | – Are you sure? – That was in English. | -你确定 -后面那句是英文 |
[09:32] | I didn’t sign the book. I was supposed to leave it | 我没有签名 我本该在周末之前 |
[09:34] | on my desk before I left for the weekend and I didn’t. | 签完留在我桌上 但我没有 |
[09:37] | Somebody signed a copy for you and sent it to the auction. | 有人替你签了 然后送去拍卖会了 |
[09:39] | And somebody paid $1,000 for it. | 还有人为此付了一千块钱 |
[09:42] | I feel terrible. I feel really bad about this. | 我感觉很糟很难过 |
[09:46] | Please don’t enlist me– | 别找我帮… |
[09:47] | I need you to help me find the person who bought it. | 我需要你帮我找到 是谁买了这本书 |
[09:50] | 435 House races tonight, | 今晚要竞选435个众议院席位 |
[09:53] | 33 Senate races, 538 electoral votes– | 33个参议员席位 还有538张选举人团选票 |
[09:56] | Yeah, but this is important. | 对 但这事很重要 |
[09:58] | Got it. | 知道了 |
[10:08] | Are you busy? | 你很忙吗 |
[10:08] | – What do you need? – Well, I have a story, but I need– | -你想干嘛 -我有个新闻 但我… |
[10:11] | – Did you see the newest exit poll dump? – I didn’t. | -你有没看到最新的一批出口民调 -没有 |
[10:13] | 3% of voters didn’t decide until today who they were voting for. | 3%的选民直到今天才决定要选谁 |
[10:16] | – How do they break? – 52-43 Obama. | -什么比例 -52比43 奥巴马占多数 |
[10:18] | So, listen, Brody in California condemned Todd Akin, right? | 加州的布罗迪声讨了陶德·艾金 对吗 |
[10:22] | This morning. Took a special kind of courage to wait two months. | 今早 真有勇气 居然敢等两个月 |
[10:24] | His pollster must have told him he had to. | 一定是民调专家告诉他必须声讨 |
[10:25] | – He had a reason not to. – What? | -他有不声讨的理由 -什么 |
[10:27] | In 1990, Brody wrote in an SFA publication, | 1990年 布罗迪在SFA的出版物中写到 |
[10:31] | “It’s a sad fact, but women cry rape | “可悲的是 女性声称强奸 |
[10:33] | to avoid embarrassment, to exact revenge, | 是为了避免尴尬 实施报复 |
[10:35] | or just to draw attention. | 或者只为吸引注意 |
[10:37] | If we have rape exceptions to abortion laws, | 若在堕胎法中添加强奸的特例 |
[10:40] | women could now cry rape to terminate an innocent life. | 那女性就可以声称强奸 来终结无辜的生命 |
[10:42] | We should be able to look past the–“ | 我们应该看透…” |
[10:45] | “–look past the mendacity. | “看透这种谎言 |
[10:46] | 保守派有一群顽固分子深信强奸不会导致怀孕 认为强奸只是借口 被声讨的陶德·艾金就有句名言”若是正当强奸 女性体内会分泌物质 杀死精子” | |
[10:46] | Children are conceived by love, not by rape.” | 孕育孩子的 是爱 而不是强奸” |
[10:49] | – He condemned Akin? – This is what I’m saying. | -他声讨了艾金 -没错 |
[10:52] | – This morning on Election Night? – I think you’re right. | -在大选之夜的早上 -我认为你说得对 |
[10:54] | I think he has a pollster who looked at undecided women | 我觉得是民调专家分析了摇摆不定的 |
[10:56] | 18-35 and told him he had to roll the dice. | 18到35岁的女性 告诉他应该碰碰运气 |
[10:58] | How did you find this quote? | 你在哪找到这段话的 |
[11:00] | Taylor Warren pointed me to it. | 泰勒·沃伦告诉我的 |
[11:02] | She’s a Republican. | 她可是共和党人 |
[11:04] | Why are you whispering that? | 干嘛这么小声 |
[11:05] | I love her doing the right thing. | 我喜欢她做正确的事 |
[11:07] | It wasn’t so much that | 倒不是这原因 |
[11:08] | as wanting to give me something Jim didn’t have. | 她是想给我一则吉姆不知道的消息 |
[11:10] | – Ah, so it’s adorable. – Yeah. | -还挺可爱的 -对 |
[11:12] | I called his office for comment– | 我打给他办公室询问评论 |
[11:13] | There’s not gonna be anyone in his office. This is election day. | 他的办公室不会有人 今天是大选日 |
[11:15] | His campaign office, too, but I didn’t get very high up. | 竞选办公室也没人 不过本来也没抱希望 |
[11:17] | Didn’t you used to take showers with his chief of staff? | 你不是跟他的幕僚长洗过澡吗 |
[11:20] | – John Webb? – Yeah. | -约翰·韦布 -对 |
[11:22] | We played tennis. | 我们打过网球 |
[11:24] | And then took showers together? | 然后一块洗澡了 |
[11:25] | It’s– the– | 这… |
[11:28] | I’m gonna make the call, but they’re individual showers. | 我会打电话的 但淋浴是分开的 |
[11:31] | Cool. For privacy. | 好 尊重隐私嘛 |
[11:33] | When you cut your hair, did you want to look like | 你剪头发时 是不是想剪成 |
[11:35] | Joey Heatherton and something went terribly wrong? | 乔伊·希瑟顿 结果大大地剪坏了 |
[11:37] | – Yep. – It’s ringing. | -对 -通了 |
[11:42] | – Yeah? – John, it’s Don Keefer. | -喂 -约翰 我是唐·基佛 |
[11:45] | Tell me some good news. | 告诉我点好消息 |
[11:47] | I don’t have exits for you. | 我没有出口民调给你 |
[11:49] | I need to ask you about something the congressman wrote | 我得问你 议员在1990年 |
[11:52] | in a Students for America publication in 1990, okay? | 为美国学生出版物写的东西 |
[11:59] | – John? – Yeah? | -约翰 -我在 |
[12:01] | He wrote, “It’s a sad fact, but women cry rape.” | 他写到 “可悲的是 女性声称强奸” |
[12:04] | – Yeah, I know it, Don. – All right. | -我知道 唐 -好吧 |
[12:06] | First, can you confirm that it’s him? | 首先 你能确认那是他写的吗 |
[12:08] | Okay, Don, I’m gonna call you back, all right? | 唐 我过会儿给你回电话 好吗 |
[12:09] | We’re on the air in a few minutes. | 我们一会就要直播了 |
[12:11] | Can I get you to hold it till I talk to some people? | 你先等等 让我找人谈谈 行吗 |
[12:13] | Why would I do that? | 为什么 |
[12:15] | I think I can trade you something. | 我觉得我能跟你做个交易 |
[12:20] | You know we’re in no mood to be fucked around with, right? | 我们没心情被人耍着玩 明白吗 |
[12:22] | I do know, and I’m not. | 我知道 我没有 |
[12:27] | You have until 8:30 Eastern or we’ll go on the air | 我等你到东部时间八点半 然后我们就直播 |
[12:29] | with “The congressman’s office declined to comment.” | 并说”议员的办公室拒绝评论” |
[12:30] | Got it. | 知道了 |
[12:35] | What do you think he wants to trade? | 你觉得他想交易什么 |
[12:37] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[12:38] | Do you think there is any chance we just got incredibly lucky? | 你觉得我们会不会碰上大运了 |
[12:41] | Well, our luck has been outstanding lately. | 我们最近可是鸿运高照啊 |
[12:48] | The first Republican governor in North Carolina since ’88. | 1988年来 北卡罗来纳州的首位共和党州长 |
[12:50] | We have to throw it to someone. | 总得有人评论一番 |
[12:52] | We can slide five minutes to get– what’s his name– Louden? | 可以划出五分钟来讨论…什么名字…劳登 |
[12:54] | – Yeah. – Is it Louden? | -对 -是劳登吗 |
[12:55] | First two congressional races– | 最早出结果的两场国会竞选 |
[12:57] | Maine one for Chellie Pingree | 缅因一区 归了车丽·平格瑞 |
[12:58] | and New York three for Steve Israel. | 纽约三区 归了史蒂夫·伊斯雷尔 |
[12:59] | Decision’s saying we’ll be able to call South Carolina four. | 决策台说 可以判南卡罗来纳四区了 |
[13:02] | – For who? – I’m sorry? | -归谁 -什么 |
[13:04] | South Carolina for who? | 南卡罗来纳归谁 |
[13:05] | No, we can call South Carolina four. | 可以判南卡罗来纳四区 |
[13:06] | 科斯特罗&阿尔伯特:美国喜剧双簧演员 她们在four和for那儿绕了半天 | |
[13:06] | – Call it for who? – Costello, Abbott, | -归谁呢 -科斯特罗 阿尔伯特 |
[13:08] | South Carolina fourth congressional district, Trey Gowdy. | 南卡罗来纳第四选区 特里·高迪 |
[13:11] | – Got it. – Okay. | -明白 -好的 |
[13:13] | – Can you give us a minute? – Have a good show, guys. | -能给我们几分钟吗 -大家加油 |
[13:15] | – You, too. – Good luck. | -你也是 -祝好运 |
[13:21] | – The lawyer said she’ll hold you in breach? – Yeah. | -律师说她会告你违约 -对 |
[13:23] | – Rebecca? – Greenway from the general counsel’s office. | -丽贝卡 -法律顾问办公室的格林威 |
[13:26] | Said she’d hold you and Charlie in material breach? | 说她会告你和查理实质违约 |
[13:29] | And invoke the noncompete clause. | 还会行使非竞争条款 |
[13:30] | Why don’t we drop it for six hours? | 接下来六小时能不能不谈这事 |
[13:32] | What’s Charlie gonna do now? | 查理现在要怎么做 |
[13:33] | Reese is having a viewing party on the 44th floor. | 里斯在44楼召开收视派对 |
[13:35] | Charlie’s gonna work on him. | 查理会去劝他 |
[13:36] | The suit’s gonna be filed tomorrow morning. | 明早就要提请诉讼了 |
[13:38] | – Mac. – That’s a public document. | -麦肯 -那可是公共文件 |
[13:39] | – If we can’t get this done tonight– – I understand. | -若不能今晚摆平 -我知道 |
[13:41] | – If she’ll agree to settle tonight– – I’m with you. | -只要她同意今晚和解… -我赞同你 |
[13:44] | The world doesn’t have to see a list, you know? | 不必让全世界都看到这份单子 |
[13:46] | A full-on description of every embarrassing thing | 列举过去14个月内 |
[13:49] | that’s gone on here in the last 14 months. | 这里发生的所有难堪事 |
[13:50] | The complaint will cover more than 14 months. | 投诉的期限不止14月 |
[13:52] | – But don’t worry about it. – Stop saying that. | -别再担心了 -别再那么说了 |
[13:54] | Six hours of literally nothing but breaking news | 整整六个小时的突发新闻 |
[13:55] | and you’re the traffic cop at the intersection of all of it. | 全都归你这个交警来管 |
[13:58] | During light moments, only three people | 轻松的时刻 只有三人 |
[14:00] | will be speaking in your ear at once, | 同时对着你的耳朵讲话 |
[14:01] | but usually it’ll be 10. | 而普通时刻 是十人 |
[14:02] | And I obviously don’t have to say that we need to do well. | 很明显 我不必强调 这期节目必须做好 |
[14:04] | That’s why my suggestion | 所以我建议 |
[14:05] | is since we can’t deal with it right now, | 既然现在也解决不了 |
[14:07] | not to worry about it until we’re off the air. | 干脆就等到直播结束后 再去惦记 |
[14:14] | – Would you do me a favor? – Anything. | -你能帮我个忙吗 -愿意效劳 |
[14:15] | – I mean this. – Me, too. | -我是认真的 -我也是 |
[14:16] | – I’m not fucking around. – What’s the favor? | -我没胡闹 -帮什么忙 |
[14:18] | Say what you want to say to me. | 你想对我说什么 就说出来 |
[14:21] | – What? – Yes. | -什么 -说吧 |
[14:24] | Then I’ll say that I’m alarmed by how little sleep you’ve had | 我想说 我很担心你睡眠太少 |
[14:27] | and that you’re about to go do this. | 而你现在又要做报道 |
[14:28] | That’s not what I’m talking about. | 我指的不是这个 |
[14:29] | That’s what I’m talking about. | 我要说的就是这些 |
[14:31] | You’re the most attractive woman I have ever seen in real life | 你是我在现实中遇到的最有魅力的女人 |
[14:33] | and I’m sticking by that statement and everything, | 我依旧坚持这个结论 |
[14:36] | but right now you’re not making it easy. Can you do this? | 可现在你的状态不好 能撑得住吗 |
[14:38] | – Of course I can do this. – I’m not kidding. | -当然能了 -我没开玩笑 |
[14:40] | No news producer in America’s had sleep. | 美国的新闻制片人从来不睡觉 |
[14:41] | – They’ve had some. – Forget about that. | -他们多少睡会儿 -算了吧 |
[14:43] | You look like you were grown | 你看起来就像是在 |
[14:44] | in an environment where it’s dark and damp. | 阴暗潮湿的环境中长大的 |
[14:46] | Lovely, but I’m talking about Genoa. | 说得好 但我在说热那亚 |
[14:48] | Why? We’re gonna be spending plenty of time talking about it. | 为何呢 我们有的是时间谈论这事 |
[14:52] | God knows if we ever take a break, | 天知道 只要我们一会儿不谈 |
[14:53] | the “New York Times” will keep talking about it for us. | 《纽约时报》会替我们一直谈下去 |
[14:56] | Come on, six hours of live election coverage. | 拜托 六小时的实时选举报道 |
[14:58] | For you and me, that’s like an orgy at a spa | 对你我而言 就好比在浴场狂欢 |
[15:00] | where there are college football games on TV | 电视里播着大学橄榄球赛 |
[15:02] | and from the trees hang Christian Louboutins. | 树上还挂着克里斯提·鲁布托的高跟鞋 |
[15:05] | – I feel like– – All in your size, all different kinds. | -我觉得… -全是你的尺码 各种款式 |
[15:08] | Heels like light sabers. Boots– boots are hanging from the trees. | 鞋跟像光剑似的 各种靴子挂了一树 |
[15:12] | You feel like I’m what? | 你觉得我是什么 |
[15:14] | A bomb that hasn’t detonated. | 一颗还没引爆的炸弹 |
[15:17] | – You do? – And it’s going to. | -真的吗 -马上会爆的 |
[15:19] | And I could live without the element of surprise, so if we could… | 我受不了更多惊吓了 我们能不能… |
[15:22] | Suede. Lots of suede. | 麂皮 很多麂皮大衣 |
[15:23] | “Hurt Locker” this thing, it’d be helpful. | 把炸弹拆了 我才安心 |
[15:26] | I’m not a bomb that’s about to explode. | 我不是即将引爆的炸弹 |
[15:27] | In fact, I didn’t want to brag, | 事实上 不是我自夸 |
[15:29] | but I’ve been put in charge or morale for the night. | 今晚我被任命 负责重振士气 |
[15:31] | By who? | 谁任命的 |
[15:33] | I did it. | 我自己 |
[15:35] | This is the worst situation you’ve ever faced in your life, right? | 这是你一辈子遇到的最糟糕的情况吧 |
[15:39] | – So far. – And you’d agree I’m responsible? | -到目前为止 -你觉得是我的错 |
[15:41] | I 100% disagree. Jerry Dantana’s responsible. | 百分百不同意 是杰利·丹塔纳的错 |
[15:44] | But I have an idea. I don’t know if you heard, | 但我有个主意 不知你听说没 |
[15:46] | but I was recently appointed director of morale for the night. | 我刚被任命 负责重振士气 |
[15:49] | – Fuck it. – What do you want from me? | -去你的 -你想让我怎样 |
[15:50] | I wanted to know what the punishment’s gonna be this time. | 我想知道这次的惩罚会是什么 |
[15:53] | – This time? – I’ll be in the control room. | -这次 -我会在控制室的 |
[15:55] | What was the punishment last time? | 上次的惩罚又是什么 |
[15:59] | – Seriously? – How have– | -不会吧 -怎么… |
[16:01] | there’s no one in the world– you were sleeping with– | 世上哪有这种人 你出轨… |
[16:03] | – for four months you were– – I was fucking my ex-boyfriend. | -四个月 你一直在… -操我前男友 |
[16:06] | lying. | 骗我 |
[16:10] | And, yeah. | 你说的也对 |
[16:12] | I’ve never heard you use that word as a verb before. | 我还从没听你把那词当动词说过 |
[16:14] | – I didn’t like how it sounded. – Wasn’t a punishment. | -我不喜欢那发音 -那不是惩罚 |
[16:16] | I broke up with you. | 我和你分了手 |
[16:18] | You’re the only person who’s baffled by why. | 你是唯一对分手原因感到不解的人 |
[16:20] | I’ve got news for you. You’re the only person who’s not baffled | 新消息 只有你自己最清楚 |
[16:22] | – why it’s six years later. – I’m unforgiving? | -为什么六年后还不能释怀 -我不宽容吗 |
[16:25] | So you’ll understand my concern when it comes to Genoa | 所以你能理解 热那亚的报道 |
[16:27] | and wrecking your professional life, too, | 毁了你的职业生涯 我很担心 |
[16:29] | which, let’s face it, | 说句实话 |
[16:29] | you take more seriously than your personal life anyway. | 相比私人生活 你更在乎职业生涯 |
[16:32] | – I’ll try to figure out why. – So what’s in store? | -我会仔细想想原因 -所以 你想怎样 |
[16:34] | You know what, hon? Can I just say fuck you? | 亲爱的 我能说一句去你的吗 |
[16:36] | – Yeah. – I’ve never punished you. | -可以 -我从来没惩罚过你 |
[16:39] | King George forgave America | 乔治国王宽恕美国 |
[16:41] | in less time than it’s taking you– | 用的时间比你少多了 |
[16:43] | What is the right amount of time? | 多久才合适 |
[16:44] | You and everyone else is baffled at six years. | 你和其他人都不解 我花了六年 |
[16:46] | I assume you’re talking about the staff. | 我想你说的是这事吧 |
[16:48] | How long do you guys think is the right amount of time? | 你们觉得多久才合适 |
[16:50] | 28 months. | 28个月 |
[16:53] | You seriously came up with a number? | 你还真能给出确切的数字 |
[16:55] | I was kidding. | 我开玩笑的 |
[16:58] | – Time? – Yeah. | -到时间了 -对 |
[16:59] | I’m sorry I didn’t explode for you. | 很抱歉 我不能为了你而爆炸 |
[17:01] | It’s a long night. | 夜还长着呢 |
[17:06] | Listen up. | 都听好了 |
[17:09] | We found these pictures today. | 我们今天找到了这些照片 |
[17:12] | This is China. | 这是在中国 |
[17:14] | People have their picture taken pretending to cast a vote. | 人们拍照留念 假装在投票 |
[17:19] | In India, they’re waving flags and having viewing parties to watch the coverage. | 在印度 人们摇着我国国旗 开着派对观看报道 |
[17:24] | In South Korea, they’re watching an electoral map. | 在韩国 人们在看我们的选举地图 |
[17:29] | A mock ballot box in Senegal. | 塞内加尔的模拟投票箱 |
[17:31] | And that’s our ambassador in Hungary hosting a pizza party. | 那是我国驻匈牙利大使 开披萨派对 |
[17:36] | Our elections are the envy of the world. | 全世界都羡慕我们的选举 |
[17:46] | It’s critically important that we not make any mistakes tonight. | 我务必强调 今晚不能犯任何错误 |
[17:50] | We all know why. | 我们都知道原因 |
[17:53] | Top to bottom, no mistakes. | 从上至下 不能出错 |
[17:55] | If you make a mistake, | 如果犯了错 |
[17:57] | run out of the building as fast as you can | 请你以最快的速度离开大楼 |
[18:01] | and keep running till you hit water. | 直到你跑到海里 |
[18:04] | Then swim. | 然后游走 |
[18:08] | Here we go. Three minutes. | 开工吧 倒数三分钟 |
[18:23] | Let’s go around the room. | 开始各项检查 |
[18:24] | Arizona House. Colorado House. Virginia House. | 亚利桑那众议员 科罗拉多众议员 弗吉尼亚众议员 |
[18:27] | Game changer states. Critical states. | 摇摆州 关键州 |
[18:29] | I’m not seeing Washington. | 我看不到华盛顿的画面 |
[18:30] | Virginia, Florida, Ohio. | 弗吉尼亚 佛罗里达 俄亥俄 |
[18:32] | – There you are. – McCain won Kentucky by 16. | -来了 -麦凯恩曾以16个点赢得肯塔基 |
[18:35] | – Graphics. – Ready. | -图像 -就绪 |
[18:37] | What’s the order of that first whip-around? | 第一轮的镜头顺序是什么 |
[18:38] | – Field. – Standing. | -现场制片 -到位 |
[18:39] | – One, two, three. – Rehearsing two months. | -1 2 3 -排练了两个月 |
[18:41] | – Just like rehearsal. – 60 seconds to VTR. | -照着排练来就行了 -60秒后开播 |
[18:44] | – Nothing’s gone right in rehearsal. – That’s defeatist, man. | -排练没一次成功的 -哥们 别做失败主义者 |
[18:46] | I’ll throw it to DC. | 我会转到华盛顿演播室 |
[18:46] | That’s how you’ll know you were talking too long. | 以提醒你说得太久了 |
[18:48] | – The fetus? – Defeatist. Defeatist. | -胎儿 -失败主义者 失败主义者 |
[18:50] | You can’t hit on the candidate. | 你不能向候选人献殷勤 |
[18:52] | If Virginia’s Senate is going red… | 如果弗吉尼亚参议院归了红 |
[18:53] | – Yes, you are. – There’s water right there. | -没错 -桌子下有水 |
[18:56] | – Clear the set, please. – Thank you. | -大家清场 -谢谢 |
[19:05] | – Stand by roll-in. – Standing. | -准备切入 -到位 |
[19:07] | – Will? – Right here. | -威尔 -在此 |
[19:08] | – You ready? – No, I need another half hour. | -准备好了吗 -没 等我半个小时 |
[19:12] | Good luck, everyone. | 各位好运 |
[19:13] | Three, two, roll in. | 3 2 切入 |
[19:23] | Good evening from New York City. | 晚上好 这里是纽约 |
[19:25] | I’m Will McAvoy and ACN’s prime time coverage | 我是威尔·麦卡沃伊 ACN黄金时段 |
[19:27] | of Election Night 2012 begins right now. | 2012年大选之夜播报现在开始 |
[19:30] | I’m joined in the studio by ACN’s Sloan Sabbith | 来到演播室的还有ACN的斯隆·莎碧斯 |
[19:33] | and Elliot Hirsch | 和埃利奥特·赫什 |
[19:34] | as well as Republican strategist | 同时还请来了共和党策略员 |
[19:36] | and former Romney campaign press advisor Taylor Warren. | 前任罗姆尼竞选媒体顾问 泰勒·沃伦 |
[19:39] | Standing by in Washington is Jane Barrow | 还有身在华盛顿演播室的简·巴罗 |
[19:41] | and her team of political analysts. | 以及她的政治分析员团队 |
[19:42] | – It’s just past 7:00 P.M. In the East… – Mac. | -刚过晚上7点 -麦肯 |
[19:45] | and polls have closed in Kentucky, | 肯塔基 佛蒙特 弗吉尼亚 |
[19:46] | -South Carolina… – Change it up. | -南卡罗来纳… -切换画面 |
[19:47] | Vermont, Virginia, and Indiana. | 和印第安纳的投票已经结束 |
[19:50] | In the battleground state of Virginia, ACN is projecting | 必争之地的弗吉尼亚 ACN预测 |
[19:52] | that race too close to call. | 票数太接近 尚不能判 |
[19:54] | ACN can project that the great state of Indiana | ACN能预测 印第安纳州的 |
[19:57] | and its 11 electoral votes will go to Mitt Romney. | 11张选票将归于米特·罗姆尼 |
[19:59] | We can also project that Mitt Romney will be the winner | 我们同时预测 米特·罗姆尼 |
[20:02] | of Kentucky’s eight electoral votes. | 将获得肯塔基州的8张选票 |
[20:05] | We will not have a shutout, as President Obama… | 我们不会停止播报 奥巴马总统赢得… |
[20:07] | We’re calling Bernie Sanders. | 我们判定伯纳德·桑德斯获胜 |
[20:09] | three electoral votes, | 三张选票 |
[20:10] | making this the sixth presidential election | 这是该州连续第六次 |
[20:12] | in a row for the state to vote blue. | 在大选中选择民主党 |
[20:18] | Look right here. Great. | 看这里 很好 |
[20:20] | There’s a ballot initiative in LA County | 在洛杉矶有这么一个投票 |
[20:22] | 加州好莱坞是成人电影的拍摄聚集地 制片方不愿演员戴套 但性传播疾病的确是个问题 | |
[20:22] | that would require actors in adult films to wear condoms. | 要求成人电影的男演员戴避孕套 |
[20:25] | I’ve never been more indifferent to an issue in my life. | 从没哪件事让我这么无所谓的 |
[20:28] | – Charlie. – Excuse me for interrupting. | -查理 -抱歉打扰了 |
[20:30] | You’re not. This is Denise, Pam, and Connor. | 没关系 这是丹妮丝 帕姆和康纳 |
[20:31] | We went to school together. This is Charlie Skinner. | 我们是同学 这位是查理·斯金纳 |
[20:33] | – He’s the president of ACN. – Any predictions? | -ACN的主席 -有何预测 |
[20:36] | Their phones were taken at the door. | 他们的手机 进门前都被没收了 |
[20:37] | Obama’s gonna take Virginia | 奥巴马将拿下弗吉尼亚 |
[20:39] | and we’ve been looking hard at some precincts in Ohio and Florida. | 我们正密切关注俄亥俄和佛罗里达 |
[20:43] | – Got a minute? – Excuse me. | -过来聊会儿 -失陪 |
[20:48] | – How you doing? – Hi, Reese. | -你好 -你好 里斯 |
[20:50] | You understand the suit’s gonna be filed in the morning. | 你知道明早就要提请诉讼了吗 |
[20:51] | Yeah. | 知道 |
[20:52] | And you understand everyone– and I mean everyone–everyone will have | 到时候每个人 无一例外 |
[20:55] | a stringer waiting at the clerk’s office for the complaint. | 办公室桌上都会有一份投诉信 |
[20:58] | Yes. | 我知道呀 |
[20:59] | You’ve read a complaint. | 你看过那份投诉信了吗 |
[21:00] | It’s a long list of grievances that go well beyond the scope | 那份巨长无比喋喋不休的抱怨 |
[21:03] | of any rational definition of relevance. | 当中还有许多不公的无端指责 |
[21:06] | Yes, sir. | 这些我都知道 |
[21:06] | Tomorrow’s just an exercise in public shaming. | 这还只是我们被公开羞辱的一个开端 |
[21:10] | Yeah, we’re gonna be painted with humiliation– | 我知道 这脏水势必是要泼过来了 |
[21:11] | mostly you and Will and then Mac | 当然 你和威尔还有麦肯会惨一些 |
[21:12] | and a little bit me. | 我会受到一点小牵连 |
[21:13] | So you don’t feel you’re foggy on the reality? | 这么说你很清楚我们的现状 |
[21:16] | I wish I were less aware of the reality. | 我倒是希望我能不这么清楚 |
[21:18] | – I’d like to be stupid right now. – Good. | -我巴不得现在什么都不知道 -很好 |
[21:19] | – Charlie. – Let me finish. | -查理 -听我说完 |
[21:21] | Aren’t you the final arbiter of whether a race gets called? | 你不是拍板判定竞选结果的最终仲裁者吗 |
[21:23] | – Yeah. – Shouldn’t you be downstairs? | -没错 -那你不是应该在楼下待着吗 |
[21:24] | That’s how important it is | 足见我接下来这番话的重要性 |
[21:26] | that I convince you to accept my resignation and Will’s. | 请你接受我和威尔的辞职 |
[21:29] | I think the election is pretty important. | 我觉得还是竞选比较重要一点 |
[21:31] | We’re waiting for the next exit poll dump. I’ve got a minute. | 还在等下一批出口民调 还有点时间 |
[21:34] | People have been fired | 许多被炒鱿鱼的人 |
[21:37] | for making much smaller mistakes than we did. | 犯的错比我们小多了 |
[21:39] | People have been incarcerated for making smaller mistakes. | 许多被监禁的人 犯的错比我们小多了 |
[21:41] | So there’s that, and that’s bred resentment in the industry. | 没错 但这也跟行业内的一些纠纷有关 |
[21:44] | – But that’s nothing. Forget that. – Okay. | -这都是废话 不用管了 -好吧 |
[21:46] | Forget that everything that’s gone on inside the organization | 我们现在不要去管集团内部的种种问题 |
[21:50] | will be laid out on a table for everyone to scrutinize, | 将会被民众事无巨细的仔细考究 |
[21:53] | which, sure as we’re standing here, is what is going to happen. | 我们在这废话 看来要成真了 |
[21:56] | – Forget that. – All right. | -但是这些我们都不要去管 -好 |
[21:58] | If a news outlet doesn’t have credibility, | 就一点 当一个新闻媒体失去了公信力 |
[22:00] | it doesn’t matter what else it has. | 那么它所做的其他一切都将失去意义 |
[22:02] | That’s a fact. | 事实就是如此 |
[22:03] | There are people here from Jane Barrow, Terry Smith, | 可是 简·巴罗 泰利·史密斯 |
[22:08] | everyone at the DC bureau | 华盛顿的同僚们 |
[22:09] | to Sloan Sabbith, Elliot Hirsch, | 以及斯隆·莎碧斯 埃利奥特·赫什 |
[22:12] | everyone on “Dayside”, | 所有”日间档”的同事们 |
[22:13] | these people don’t deserve to have a piano strapped to their back. | 这些人不应被我们拖累 |
[22:16] | Their credibility shouldn’t– | 他们的信誉不能… |
[22:20] | When did you arrive here? | 你什么时候来的 |
[22:21] | I’m stealthy. | 我就是这么神龙见首不见尾 |
[22:26] | I think it’s commendable and pretty shocking that you want to do | 你这种坚持做正确的事的行为 |
[22:30] | something just because it’s the right thing to do, | 值得称道 并且令人震惊 |
[22:31] | but it’s not the right thing to do. | 可是这么做是错的 |
[22:33] | – I know. – What do you mean? | -我也这么认为 -什么意思 |
[22:34] | I think you were responsible for a massive fuckup. | 你们确实应为自己捅的这个大篓子负责 |
[22:37] | And Will is a face for a massive fuckup. | 我也认为威尔是罪魁祸首之一 |
[22:39] | I think firing a mid-level producer | 我觉得仅仅开除一名中层制片人 |
[22:41] | appears to be an abdication of responsibility. | 是极其不负责任的表现 |
[22:42] | Now we’re gonna have to read about Jim and Maggie and Don | 现在我们得费工夫把吉姆 玛姬 唐 |
[22:44] | and Jim and Maggie and Don | 之间的三角关系 |
[22:45] | and Maggie and Mac and Will | 玛姬 麦肯 威尔的关系都研究一遍 |
[22:46] | and did Sloan punch a guy in the face? | 斯隆是不是扁了一个家伙 |
[22:48] | – Yeah. – The train, she is wrecked. | -没错 -她当时就像个脱缰的野马 |
[22:51] | Why are you gleeful? | 你这么开心干什么 |
[22:52] | I’m on the right team for once and I get really paid. | 我做了正确选择 还赚着丰厚的酬劳 |
[22:57] | Are you saying you agree? | 这么说 你同意我的意思 |
[22:59] | I think your resignation should be accepted immediately | 我认为你们的辞职应当立即生效 |
[23:01] | and we should write Dantana a check | 也应当给丹塔纳开张支票 |
[23:02] | and get to the business of rebooting this once respected brand. | 然后打起精神来重塑我们的品牌形象 |
[23:05] | Then why don’t you? | 那你还等什么呢 |
[23:07] | My mom says I can’t. | 我妈不让 |
[23:08] | – Reese! – I don’t know how else to put it. | -里斯 -我也不知道该怎么说 |
[23:10] | I talked to her for hours today. | 我今天劝了她好几个小时 |
[23:12] | I’ve been talking to her all night. | 一晚上都在劝她 |
[23:13] | I said, “Mom, you’re gonna die | 我说 “妈妈 您早晚得死 |
[23:14] | and I’m gonna take over a dinged-up company.” | 到时候我就得接下这个名誉扫地的公司” |
[23:15] | And you know what she said? | 你知道她怎么说吗 |
[23:16] | She said, “I’m never gonna die.” | 她说 “我才不会死” |
[23:18] | “And when are you gonna give me some grandchildren?” | “你打算什么时候给我生几个孙子孙女” |
[23:19] | “Are you gay?” | “你是不是同性恋啊” |
[23:19] | If you’re gay, that’s fine. Just tell me.” | “是的话 没关系 告诉我” |
[23:21] | I said, “I’m not gay.” | 我说 “妈 我不是同志” |
[23:22] | Look. | 听着 |
[23:22] | “I just haven’t met the right woman yet.” | “我只是还没遇到我命中注定的女人” |
[23:24] | She’s like, “Oh, that’s bullshit. | 她就说 “你少给我扯这些废话” |
[23:25] | “You met the right woman three or four times.” | “你都碰见三四个命中注定的女人了” |
[23:26] | “You just always find some problem.” | “只是你每次都没事找事” |
[23:28] | And I was like, “You’re divorced.” | 我就回她说 “老妈 你都离婚了” |
[23:30] | And she said, “That’s completely different.” | 然后她说 “这完全是两码事” |
[23:30] | Reese. | 里斯 |
[23:31] | I was like, “What’s your obsession with grandchildren? | 我说 “你这么想要孙子孙女干什么” |
[23:33] | “Is it a chance for a do-over?” | “是不是想找个机会重新培育一遍孩子” |
[23:34] | Reese! | 里斯 |
[23:39] | She’s not taking your resignations. | 她不会接受你的辞职的 |
[23:42] | She’s not settling the suit. | 她也不愿意庭外和解 |
[23:44] | – I have to go. – Charlie, I know. | -我必须走 -查理 我知道 |
[23:47] | And I tried. | 我也努力过了 |
[23:49] | You have to keep trying. | 那就继续努力 |
[23:51] | Tomorrow’s too late. | 到明天就晚了 |
[23:57] | It’d be a lot easier for me | 如果你能跟我统一战线的话 |
[23:58] | to convince my mother if you agreed with me. | 我要说服我妈就容易多了 |
[24:00] | – But I don’t. – Yeah. | -可我不是 -我知道 |
[24:02] | – You were paying me for that whole conversation. – I know. | -刚刚的对话我可要计费哦 -知道啦 |
[24:07] | It’s 7:59 in the East | 现在是东部时间7点59分 |
[24:08] | and we’re ready to make some calls. | 我们准备做一些判定 |
[24:11] | ACN is projecting that Governor Romney | ACN预测 罗姆尼州长 |
[24:12] | is the winner in the Mountaineer State of West Virginia. | 赢得了登山爱好者之乡 西弗吉尼亚州 |
[24:15] | We can also project at this hour | 我们同时预测 |
[24:16] | that President Obama will win in Connecticut, | 奥巴马总统将赢得康涅狄格州 |
[24:18] | Delaware, and Washington, DC. | 特拉华州以及华盛顿特区 |
[24:21] | No surprise here. | 都在意料之中 |
[24:22] | The 20 electoral votes from the president’s home state of Illinois | 奥巴马的大本营 伊利诺伊州的20张 |
[24:25] | are safely Mr. Obama’s, | 选票已被他收入囊中 |
[24:27] | while the 10 electoral votes from Mitt Romney’s home state of Massachusetts | 米特·罗姆尼的大本营 马萨诸塞州的10张选票 |
[24:31] | are also going to Mr. Obama. | 也被奥巴马收入囊中 |
[24:34] | I apologize. I was trapped by my own sentence structure. | 抱歉 我被句子结构给绕进去了 |
[24:37] | In Maryland… | 在马里兰州 |
[24:38] | Six calls plus five Senate calls. | 六个判定 再加五个参议院判定 |
[24:40] | You’re gonna give me the calls, | 把判定结果给我 |
[24:41] | then a quick board on which are too close to call. | 然后给我太接近无法判定的州 |
[24:42] | 45 seconds for the impact for the Latino vote. | 用45秒 谈拉丁裔选民的影响 |
[24:45] | The jobs, national security, the 47%. | 就业率 国家安全 47%言论 |
[24:48] | We’ve got Elliot coming up in the top half hour. | 前半个小时 将由埃利奥特主持 |
[24:49] | DC, are you standing by for the Senate calls? | 华盛顿 参议院判定准备好了吗 |
[24:51] | That’s if the Senate turns red. | 参议院归红的话 |
[24:53] | Just a nonviolent coup. | 这就是非暴力政变 |
[24:54] | …Obama off to a good start. | 奥巴马的开端不错 |
[24:55] | A lot of those states are starting to fill in blue. | 很多州都开始变成蓝色了 |
[24:57] | We’ll take care of business, | 这边就交给我们了 |
[24:58] | do the calls, the House races, | 你宣布判定 和众议院选情 |
[24:59] | and then I’ll give you two minutes for the 47% after Elliot. | 埃利奥特之后 我给你两分钟谈论47% |
[25:03] | – Where is he? – He’s up in his suite. | -他在哪儿 -他在套房里 |
[25:05] | There’s a lot of family, all the boys, grandkids. | 他家人都来了 孩子辈孙子辈 |
[25:07] | – What’s the general mood? – You know you’ve got a reporter here. | -情绪如何 -ACN也有记者在这边啊 |
[25:10] | – He’s busy. – So am I. | -他很忙 -我也很忙啊 |
[25:11] | – What’s the mood? – Really good. | -情绪如何 -不错 |
[25:13] | It’s a party here. | 大家都很欢乐 |
[25:13] | They think they’re gonna win Ohio and then run the table. | 他们觉得能拿下俄亥俄 然后一路赢下去 |
[25:15] | Are they? | 他们能赢吗 |
[25:16] | – I don’t know anything you don’t know. – Bullshit. | -我俩掌握的情报一样多 -扯吧 |
[25:18] | Do you know anything I don’t know? | 你难道比我知道的多 |
[25:19] | – You’d hate that, right? – No. | -这会把你气昏吧 -不会啊 |
[25:21] | I’d be really happy for you. Why do people think that– | 我会为你高兴 为什么大家… |
[25:22] | Hey, four quick things. First, I’m gonna break news tonight. | 四件事 第一 今晚的突发新闻我来做 |
[25:25] | Second, nah-nah-nah-nah. | 第二 巴拉巴拉巴拉 |
[25:27] | – Third, hey, Hallie. – Hey, Maggie. | -第三 哈莉你好 -玛姬你好 |
[25:29] | And fourth, suck it and we’re about to get a data dump. | 第四 别聊了 民调数据快要出炉了 |
[25:33] | – I really like your hair. – Thanks. That’s sweet. | -我喜欢你的新发型 -谢啦 |
[25:36] | – Good luck tonight. – Thanks. | -好运 -谢谢 |
[25:39] | – I’ve got to go. – Wait. | -我该走了 -等等 |
[25:41] | – What? – What happened? | -怎么了 -那是怎么回事 |
[25:42] | – What do you mean? – To Maggie’s hair. | -什么怎么回事 -玛姬的头发 |
[25:44] | She cut it, I guess, and changed the color. | 我猜她把头发给剪了 然后去染了颜色 |
[25:46] | You guess she changed the color? | 你猜她去染了个颜色 |
[25:47] | It was a different color before. | 她以前好像不是这个发色 |
[25:48] | Yes, it was. Do you know what color my hair is? | 没错 你知道我头发是什么颜色吗 |
[25:51] | You’re looking at it right now. | 你现在就正对着我的头发 |
[25:52] | Your hair is the color of goodness. | 你的头发是女神的发色 |
[25:53] | – You’re an idiot. – It’s hazelnut. | -你真是个白痴 -榛子色 |
[25:55] | That’s not a– when did she cut her hair? | 这不是…玛姬什么时候剪的头发 |
[25:58] | – Last week. – Why? | -上周 -为什么 |
[25:59] | – I didn’t ask. – You should. | -我没问 -你应该问的 |
[26:01] | I’ll put that on the list and I’ll talk to you in a while. | 我会在备忘录上记下来的 过会儿聊 |
[26:04] | – My hair’s blonde. – It’s really nice. | -我的头发是金色的 -很好看 |
[26:06] | Good-bye. | 拜拜 |
[26:12] | Recapping the earlier… | 回顾一下之前的状况 |
[26:14] | All right, you’re up. | 好了 该你上了 |
[26:16] | Be yourself. | 做自己 |
[26:18] | You’re a great guy and the people at home really like you. | 你是个全民爱戴的大好人 |
[26:21] | – Thank you. – And you’re handsome, too, | -谢谢 -你还是个大帅哥 |
[26:24] | in a droll and expressionless way. | 滑稽 木讷的大帅哥 |
[26:26] | – Okay. – You’re a welcome presence in our homes. | -好吧 -你受到所有观众的喜爱 |
[26:29] | It’s all about locating your inner cha | 要展示你的内在美 |
[26:31] | and not tripping over any cables. | 别被各种线缆绊倒 |
[26:33] | Do you have to be talking right now? | 你现在必须要说话吗 |
[26:35] | Have you located the cha? | 找到你的内在美了吗 |
[26:38] | So we’re going to show you. | 我们将向您详细展示 |
[26:40] | Elliot Hirsch is standing by in our newsroom. Elliot? | 埃利奥特·赫什正在我们的编辑室里 埃利奥特 |
[26:42] | Will, through these doors is our decision desk, | 威尔 经过这扇门就是我们的决策台 |
[26:45] | which is the entire brain of the operation. | 我们整个节目的大脑中枢 |
[26:47] | There are eight experts– | 这里有八位专家 |
[26:50] | PhDs in statistics, economics, and political science, | 包括统计学 经济学 政治科学的博士 |
[26:54] | and they use computer models to combine raw votes, | 他们通过电脑模型将原始选票 |
[26:57] | exit polls, sample precincts, and early voting | 出口民调 抽样选区和早期投票结合起来 |
[27:00] | to project the winners in each district and state. | 来预测每个州和选区的获选人 |
[27:03] | This is Kathy Ling. | 这位是凯西·林 |
[27:05] | Kathy, can you tell us anything new? | 凯西 有什么新结果吗 |
[27:07] | – No, not yet. – This is some good television. | -还没有 -节目真精彩 |
[27:09] | The men and women in here are monitoring… | 这里的人们时刻关注… |
[27:15] | Sprecht jedermann hier Deutsch? | 这里有人说德语吗[德语] |
[27:17] | Ich tun. | 我[德语] |
[27:21] | Not as well as you think. Come with me. | 你高估自己的德语了 跟我来 |
[27:23] | Shit. | 该死 |
[27:27] | The reason for the seclusion is that we don’t want them | 隔离的原因是我们不希望他们 |
[27:29] | to be influenced by calls that are being made by other networks. | 被其他电视台发布的判定所干扰 |
[27:31] | When our team here is ready to make a call, | 当我们的团队得出一个判定 |
[27:34] | they put it into a program called iNews. | 他们会将其录入一个叫iNews的程序中 |
[27:37] | – Anything? – It takes a little time. | -有新消息吗 -没那么快 |
[27:39] | Okay. As I said, they put the information into iNews… | 好吧 如我所说 他们会将信息录入iNews |
[27:43] | …where it’s picked up by one of our producers | 然后这里的两位制作人其中之一 |
[27:45] | at these two desks. | 会接收这些数据 |
[27:48] | They’ve divided up the races alphabetically | 他们已经将竞选按字母排序 |
[27:51] | and each is responsible for 120 races. | 每人负责120个 |
[27:54] | After the next commercial, we’ll come back for panel. | 广告之后 将回到讨论小组 |
[27:57] | 年轻人倾向于投给民主党 老年人倾向于投给共和党 一定程度上 哪方支持者的出勤率高 就有优势 | |
[27:57] | 18-29 is higher than expected, but so is over 65. | 18-29岁投票率高于预期 65岁以上也是 |
[27:59] | I’d say three minutes. You good? | 谈三分钟 满意吗 |
[28:01] | Happy as a cat with kittens. | 满意得不得了 |
[28:03] | – You’ve been doing great. – Thank you. | -你做的不错 -谢谢 |
[28:04] | Hey, MacKenzie, I didn’t realize | 麦肯兹 我都不知道 |
[28:06] | that you were president of the Oxford Union. | 原来你是牛津辩论社主席啊 |
[28:09] | You had to have been one of the first women presidents, right? | 你肯定是史上第一个女主席吧 |
[28:12] | – Cambridge. – I’m sorry? | -剑桥 -什么 |
[28:15] | I was president of the Cambridge Union. | 我是剑桥辩论社的主席 |
[28:16] | Oh. Uh-oh, sorry. That was Wikipedia. | 哦 不好意思 我是看维基百科说的 |
[28:19] | Wikipedia says I went to Oxford? | 维基百科说我上的是牛津 |
[28:21] | I think I’m remembering right. | 我应该没记错 |
[28:22] | Mac. | 麦肯 |
[28:25] | You’re pitching a perfect game. Let this one go. | 你有大事要做呢 别计较这鸡毛蒜皮 |
[28:27] | You don’t think I can let it go? | 你认为我会计较是吧 |
[28:29] | – I wasn’t challenging you. – Oh, I’ll let it go. | -我不是这意思 -我不计较 |
[28:30] | Either way, it’s a big honor. | 但两个辩论社都很了不起啊 |
[28:32] | Yes, though not either way. Just one way. | 是啊 但只是剑桥 不是牛津 |
[28:34] | – Right. – Okay. | -是的 -那就好 |
[28:35] | – Can I see you when you’re done? – Sure. | -你办完事能来找我下吗 -当然 |
[28:39] | – Gary signed your book. – Here’s the thing. | -是格雷替你签的名 -事情是这样的 |
[28:40] | – Yeah? – You forgot to do it | -怎样 -你忘了签 |
[28:42] | and I was put in charge of something for the benefit. | 而我帮你做了件好事 |
[28:44] | And I speak a little German, so I thought | 我又会说点德语 所以我想 |
[28:45] | I’ll inscribe it, “I hope you enjoy this book.” | 我就题一句 “希望你喜欢这本书” |
[28:47] | And I signed your name just like you do. | 然后模仿你的笔迹签了你的名 |
[28:49] | I didn’t put a heart over the I or anything. | 没在字母i上面画桃心 |
[28:52] | Wait, is there an I in your name? | 等等 你名字里是有个”i”吧 |
[28:54] | Yes. | 有 |
[28:57] | Yes, there is. | 是有 |
[28:58] | And you inscribed it “I hope you shred this book.” | 而您题的字是”我希望你撕了这本书” |
[29:00] | Neal has explained that. What are the chances | 尼尔跟我说了 买书的人 |
[29:02] | that whoever bought the book speaks German? | 会说德语的可能性微乎其微吧 |
[29:03] | What are the chances that you do? | 你会的可能性又有多大 |
[29:05] | Guys, can we move this someplace else? | 各位 别在这吵了行吗 |
[29:07] | I don’t care about the German. I care about the fraud. | 我不在乎德语写错了 我在乎这是欺骗 |
[29:08] | I need the name and contact | 我需要买这本书那个人的 |
[29:09] | information of the person who bought the book. | 名字和联系方式 |
[29:11] | Tonight? | 今晚就要 |
[29:13] | You need to hurry before the trail gets cold. | 再晚 线索就断了 |
[29:14] | You think the book may have been bought by a bank robber? | 你觉得买这本书的人抢了银行吗 |
[29:18] | – Look at my face. – I know. | -看着我的脸 -看到了 |
[29:19] | – Does it seem like I want to be sassed? – It does not. | -我看起来得罪得起吗 -得罪不起 |
[29:23] | – Enjoy is zerreißen. – That’s still shred. | -享受是zerreien -那是撕碎 |
[29:25] | We’ll go back to Will McAvoy at the anchor desk. Will? | 我们将画面交回主播威尔·麦卡沃伊 威尔 |
[29:28] | We’ll be back with more of ACN’s coverage | 广告后ACN将带给您更多 |
[29:30] | of Election Night 2012 right after this. | 2012年大选之夜的报道 |
[29:32] | -Out. – Two minutes back. | -切出 -两分钟 |
[29:35] | You wanted me? | 你找我 |
[29:37] | I just wanted to check in on the site. | 只是想问下外面的情况 |
[29:38] | We’re doing fine. Everybody’s doing fine. | 大家都没问题 |
[29:41] | Except Sloan who’s flipping out because somebody bought her book | 只是斯隆有点疯癫 因为有人在星期天 |
[29:44] | at the Sandy auction on | 桑迪拍卖会上买了一本她的书 |
[29:45] | Sunday and it wasn’t really signed by her. | 但名字不是她自己签的 |
[29:46] | It’s funny the things people try to control | 人们感觉自己失去控制的时候 |
[29:48] | when they feel like they’re not in control. | 却努力想要掌控 有意思 |
[29:50] | I wasn’t really listening. | 你说啥我都没听见 |
[29:52] | I need you to change my Wikipedia page. | 我需要你帮我更改我的维基百科页面 |
[29:54] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[29:54] | I checked and for some reason | 我查了一下 |
[29:55] | it says I was president of the Oxford Union. | 不知为什么说我是牛津辩论社主席 |
[29:57] | – Weren’t you? – No. | -你不是吗 -不是啊 |
[29:59] | – I went to Cambridge. – Right. I knew that. | -我读的是剑桥 -对 我知道 |
[30:01] | Do you know who else went to Cambridge? | 那你知道还有谁读的剑桥吗 |
[30:03] | John Milton, Charles Darwin, | 约翰·弥尔顿 查尔斯·达尔文 |
[30:06] | 珍妮·古道尔:在世界上拥有极高的声誉的英国动物学家 阿兰·图灵:计算机科学之父、人工智能之父 | |
[30:06] | Jane Goodall, Alan Turing, | 珍妮·古道尔 阿兰·图灵 |
[30:08] | E.M. Forster, Stephen Hawking, | 爱德华·摩根·福斯特 史蒂芬·霍金 |
[30:09] | the King of Jordan, Prime Minister of India, | 约旦国王 印度总理 |
[30:11] | and three signatories to the Declaration of Independence. | 还有《独立宣言》的三个签署者 |
[30:15] | Mac, I wonder if you can switch me off. | 麦肯 你能不能关掉麦克啊 |
[30:16] | You’re screaming names of smart people in my ear. | 你正往我耳朵里灌伟人们的名字 |
[30:18] | – Sorry. – They teach you that at Oxford? | -对不起 -都是你在牛津学到的吗 |
[30:22] | – So you’ll get that fixed? – Yeah. | -你会改过来吧 -会的 |
[30:26] | – You hear anything back yet? – No. | -有回音吗 -没有 |
[30:28] | It’s 8:15. They’ve got 15 minutes. | 现在8:15了 他们还有15分钟 |
[30:30] | Do you really think your | 你真的认为你的澡堂兄弟 |
[30:31] | shower buddy has got a story or is he stalling? | 有料可报 还是他故意拖延时间 |
[30:33] | I really think he has a story. | 我认为他真的有料 |
[30:36] | 15 seconds. | 倒数15秒 |
[30:37] | All right, we’re coming back with the 47%. | 好的 切回后开始谈47% |
[30:37] | 罗姆尼曾在私人筹款活动中称47%的人”无论如何都会投票给奥巴马” 这些人不仅不交税 还认为福利是理所应得 这段视频对罗姆尼竞选的负面冲击非常大 | |
[30:39] | You guys ready to have some fun? | 你们想玩点有趣的吗 |
[30:41] | – Yeah. – Okay. | -嗯 -好啊 |
[30:43] | No, no. Are you ready to have some fun?! | 不是 你们想玩点刺激的吗 |
[30:48] | – What the hell is wrong with– – I don’t know. | -他怎么了… -不知道 |
[30:50] | In three, two, roll in. | 三 二 切入 |
[30:55] | Welcome back to ACN’s continuing coverage | 欢迎继续回到ACN的 |
[30:57] | of Election Night 2012. | 2012大选之夜连续报道 |
[30:58] | Let’s check in with Florida, where it’s still too close to call. | 我们来看佛罗里达州 支持率焦灼难分胜负 |
[31:01] | We have 62% of the vote counted | 已有62%的选票被统计 |
[31:04] | and you can see the president has an advantage | 可以看到总统在这个重要战场 |
[31:06] | in that very important battleground state of roughly 100,000 votes. | 的大约十万选票中 略微领先 |
[31:10] | Florida, once again, too close to call at the moment. | 佛罗里达州 仍然焦灼胜负难分 |
[31:13] | Taylor Warren, what effect, if any, | 泰勒·沃伦 47%事件的视频 |
[31:15] | did the 47% tape have on the Romney campaign | 对于罗姆尼的竞选和选民 |
[31:18] | and on the electorate? | 会造成什么影响吗 |
[31:19] | The biggest effect it had was on the media. | 最大的影响在于媒体 |
[31:21] | Now we’re talking. | 说得好 |
[31:28] | – Oh, hi. – Hello. | -嗨 -你好 |
[31:31] | I was just leaving you a note that I need a minute. | 我正给你留便条呢 |
[31:35] | – Am I being sued again? – Yeah. | -我又被告了吗 -是的 |
[31:38] | Okay, well, what? | 好吧 什么 |
[31:39] | You’re going to be a named defendant | 明天早上 |
[31:42] | in a separate suit filed tomorrow morning by Jerry Dantana. | 你会成为杰利·丹塔纳另一个案子的被告 |
[31:45] | He’s seeking an additional $20 million | 他索要额外的两千万美元 |
[31:47] | for tortious interference. | 罪名是非法干涉 |
[31:52] | What’s happening? | 怎么回事 |
[31:54] | Shortly after Jerry left ACN, | 杰利离开ACN后不久 |
[31:56] | he applied for a job at Kickstarter. | 他在Kickstarter申请了一份工作 |
[31:58] | I’m sure he was advised to demonstrate | 我确定 有人向他提议 |
[32:00] | that due to his wrongful termination here, | 说是由于他在这里的不当解雇 |
[32:02] | it’s now impossible for him to get work elsewhere. | 导致他现在无法在其他地方获得工作 |
[32:04] | A man named Goldman, Ezra Goldman, called you | 一个叫以斯拉·高曼的人曾打电话给你 |
[32:08] | about a reference for Jerry? | 想了解一些杰利的情况 |
[32:09] | – Mm-hmm. – And what did you say? | -是的 -你是怎么说的 |
[32:11] | I said, “Ezra, this is the | 我说, “以斯拉 |
[32:12] | call I’ve been waiting my whole life for.” | 我等这通电话很久了” |
[32:14] | – What else? – I told him the story. | -还有呢 -我把事情的始末都告诉了他 |
[32:15] | I told him Jerry knowingly put a false story on the air | 我告诉他杰利蓄意将 |
[32:18] | about Marines murdering civilians with sarin gas. | 陆战队使用沙林气残杀平民的假新闻报道出来 |
[32:20] | – Anything else? – Probably. | -还有吗 -也许还有 |
[32:21] | Think. | 想 |
[32:24] | I said, “If your company needs a | 我说, “如果你的公司需要一个 |
[32:25] | very hardworking sociopath, then Jerry’s your man.” | 勤奋的反社会 杰利是不二人选” |
[32:27] | – Right there. – No, he’s a hardworking guy. | -就是这句 -他的确挺勤奋的 |
[32:29] | Under New York state law, tortious interference results | 纽约州法律规定 非法干涉指 |
[32:32] | if you intentionally interfere with a potential business relationship | 蓄意的 纯粹由于怨恨 |
[32:34] | by acting solely out of malice | 或者通过不当或者不诚实的方法 |
[32:36] | or through improper or dishonest means. | 干涉一个潜在的商业关系 |
[32:38] | – Wait. – Sure. | -等等 -行啊 |
[32:40] | He’s suing me for giving him a bad job recommendation? | 他起诉我给他工作打差评 |
[32:42] | For saying something that wasn’t true. | 告你说了不真实的话 |
[32:44] | It’s not a dispute he doctored the tape. | 他篡改录像带 是不争的事实 |
[32:45] | And if all you said was that, you’d be fine. | 你要是只说这点就好了 |
[32:47] | But you called him a sociopath. | 你说他是反社会 |
[32:49] | – He is. – Sociopath is a clinical term. | -他是啊 -反社会是医学术语 |
[32:52] | How much training as a psychiatric diagnostician | 你在哥伦比亚大学新闻学院 |
[32:54] | did you get at the Columbia School of Journalism? | 受过多少精神病诊断的培训 |
[32:56] | – Not that much. – Yeah. | -没那么多 -对啊 |
[32:59] | So, you see, you’ve got to talk to me before you say things. | 所以 说话前要先来问我 |
[33:02] | It was plainly not… | 根本就不… |
[33:04] | I didn’t say he’s a sociopath. | 我没说他是反社会 |
[33:07] | – What did you say? – I said, you know… | -你怎么说的 -我说… |
[33:09] | I said, “Ezra, he’s a sociopath.” | 我说 “以斯拉 他是个反社会” |
[33:11] | – Yeah. – Why in the world– in the world | -对啊 -搞什么啊 他脑子进水了 |
[33:13] | would he put me down as a reference? | 干嘛要把我列为推荐人 |
[33:14] | So that this would happen. | 就为了这一天 |
[33:19] | Is this a joke? You making one of your funny jokes? | 这是个玩笑吧 你在开玩笑 |
[33:21] | If I was joking, you’d be laughing. Are you laughing? | 我若开玩笑 你一定会笑 你笑了吗 |
[33:23] | – No. – Then there you have it. | -没 -那不就得了 |
[33:25] | – I just answered the phone. – It’s just strategy. | -我不过是接了个电话 -这叫策略 |
[33:27] | – They want the company to settle. – How much is this gonna cost? | -他们想逼公司和解 -要花多少钱 |
[33:30] | Well, if you lose, $20 million. | 败诉的话 两千万 |
[33:31] | If you win, only a couple of hundred thousand. | 胜诉的话 只需几十万 |
[33:33] | I don’t have a couple of hundred thousand. | 我哪来几十万 |
[33:34] | – Do you own your apartment or rent? – I own it. | -你的房是买的还是租的 -买的 |
[33:37] | Second mortgage. Problem solved. | 二次抵押 就行了 |
[33:41] | You are a member of a godless, soulless race of extortionists. | 你们律师都是天煞无良的勒索犯 |
[33:47] | That’s fair. | 说的没错 |
[33:51] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[33:54] | The liberal media bias is so clear | 自由媒体的偏见是如此明显 |
[33:56] | that it’s not worth arguing about. | 我都懒得争辩 |
[33:57] | What I’d like to focus on instead… | 我想讨论的是… |
[33:59] | Hang on just a second | 慢着 |
[34:00] | ’cause I don’t think I can let you float an allegation like that | 我不能任由你信口开河 |
[34:02] | and then pretend it’s so well agreed upon that it’s past debate. | 还装作大家都同意 无须争辩似的 |
[34:06] | The media overwhelmingly voted for and is voting for Obama. | 媒体在过去和现在 都一边倒支持奥巴马 |
[34:09] | I have a hunch this isn’t gonna be the last time | 我猜这不会是今晚最后一次问你 |
[34:11] | I ask you this tonight, but any evidence for that? | 但你有什么证据吗 |
[34:14] | Yes. A survey conducted by | 有 美国新闻编辑协会的 |
[34:16] | the American Society of Newspaper Editors | 一份调查显示 |
[34:18] | showed 61% stated that they were members of | 61%的编辑自称为民主党成员 |
[34:21] | or shared the beliefs of the Democratic Party | 或认同民主党的观念 |
[34:23] | while 15% said that their beliefs | 只有15%的编辑 |
[34:25] | were best supported by the Republican Party. | 认同共和党的观念 |
[34:27] | Can I raise what I think is an interesting example of something? | 我能否在此举个自认为有趣的例子 |
[34:30] | Sure. | 行 |
[34:31] | In a race for the Kansas State Legislature… | 堪萨斯的州议会竞选中… |
[34:33] | – Oh, seriously? – …the Democrat is an anti-gay, | -真的吗 -民主党人是个反同 |
[34:33] | 两党的主流观念是: 民主党支持同性恋和堕胎 共和党反对同性恋和堕胎 且不喜火车 | |
[34:35] | – anti-abortion train conductor. – Nope. | -反堕胎的列车长 -错了 |
[34:37] | Pardon me. The Republican is a train conductor and gay. | 抱歉 共和党人是列车长 还是同性恋 |
[34:40] | – No. – Guys. | -又错了 -各位 |
[34:42] | Somebody’s a train conductor, | 反正有人是列车长 |
[34:43] | somebody’s gay and somebody’s father is in the Klan. | 有人是同性恋 有人的爸爸是3K党成员 |
[34:46] | And what’s that an example of? | 这算哪门子例子 |
[34:49] | Elliot? | 埃利奥特 |
[34:50] | Nothing. So, Taylor, back to your point | 不算 泰勒 回到你的观点 |
[34:53] | and your 15-year-old survey. | 以及那份十五年前的调查 |
[34:57] | – Jim. – Yeah? | -吉姆 -什么事 |
[34:58] | They want you at the decision desk. | 决策台找你 |
[35:06] | Somebody need me? | 谁找我 |
[35:08] | Will called the Michigan first for Dan Benishek? | 威尔判定密西根一区由丹·贝尼什克当选 |
[35:09] | If you called it, he called it. | 你们判了 他就判了 |
[35:11] | We didn’t call it and he called it. | 我们没判 他判了 |
[35:13] | What are you talking about? | 你说什么 |
[35:14] | In the scroll, you’ve got Michigan one going red | 滚动字幕里写着密西根一区归红 |
[35:16] | and we haven’t called Michigan one. | 可我们还没判密西根一区 |
[35:19] | Hang on. | 稍等 |
[35:22] | – Maggie. – Yeah? | -玛姬 -在 |
[35:24] | You remember a few minutes ago when my iNews was overloaded | 还记得几分钟前 我的iNews过载 |
[35:26] | and I wrote down some calls on a legal pad? | 我把一些判定写在纸上了 |
[35:28] | – It’s right here. – What did I say? | -在这儿呢 -我怎么说的 |
[35:30] | New Hampshire one, North Carolina three, | 新罕布什尔一区 北卡来罗那三区 |
[35:32] | Ohio seven, Michigan one. | 俄亥俄七区 密西根一区 |
[35:34] | Can I see that? | 给我看看 |
[35:38] | That’s supposed to be Mississippi. | 应该是密西西比 |
[35:41] | – It’s MI. – Yeah. | -写着MI呀 -对啊 |
[35:43] | MI is Michigan. | MI是密西根 |
[35:46] | Martin, can you get Kathy Ling out here? | 马丁 去把凯西·林找来 |
[35:48] | You have to go in there. | 你得自己进去 |
[35:49] | I can’t have this particular conversation in there. | 这段对话不能在那屋里进行 |
[35:50] | – What happened? – Can you get her? | -怎么了 -把她找来 |
[35:51] | – She’s not allowed out… – Blindfold her. | -她不能出来… -给她蒙上眼 |
[35:58] | Just very quickly, my fault or your fault? | 快速告诉我 我错了还是你错了 |
[36:01] | – Assigning blame isn’t the productive… – Good. | -谁对谁错不重要… -好极了 |
[36:02] | – I meant Mississippi. – That’s MISS. | -我指的是密西西比 -那该写MISS |
[36:04] | – It certainly is. – Michigan’s MI. | -没错 -密西根是MI |
[36:06] | That’s why I gave them Michigan. MI one red. | 所以我才让密西根MI归红 |
[36:09] | Come on. | 这边走 |
[36:10] | Careful. | 小心 |
[36:11] | – So, Kathy. – Yes. | -凯西 -怎么 |
[36:13] | Over here. We made a small mistake. | 在这边 我们犯了个小错 |
[36:16] | We called Michigan when we meant Mississippi. | 我们判了密西根 本该是密西西比 |
[36:19] | – You have to retract it. – I wonder… | -你得收回 -我在想… |
[36:20] | – It’s not ready to call. – I wonder | -现在还不能判 -我在想… |
[36:22] | if maybe it’s not necessary to retract. | 或许不一定非要收回 |
[36:24] | It’s both too close and too early to call. | 票数太接近 时间也还早 判不了 |
[36:26] | You have to retract it. | 必须收回 |
[36:27] | Let me ask you something just out of curiosity. | 我问你个问题 只是好奇而已 |
[36:30] | What does your data say about the Michigan first? | 密西根一区的数据分析结果如何 |
[36:32] | – Republican incumbent… – Over here. | -现任共和党… -在这边 |
[36:36] | – Republican incumbent… – You can just take that off. | -现任共和党… -摘了吧 |
[36:39] | Don’t look at the monitors. | 别看屏幕就行了 |
[36:41] | Dan Benishek will keep his seat. | 丹·贝尼什克会保住席位 |
[36:43] | – You’re confident of that? – Yes. | -你有把握吗 -有 |
[36:44] | – Scale of one to 10. – 10. | -从零到十 -十成 |
[36:47] | Well, then, you know, we called it. | 那就是了 我们判了 |
[36:50] | – Are you kidding? – You’re confident he’s going to win? | -你开什么玩笑 -你有把握他会赢 |
[36:52] | – Yes. – Then why haven’t you called it? | -是的 -那为什么不判 |
[36:53] | It’s both too close and too early to call. | 票数太接近 时间也还早 判不了 |
[36:55] | But you’re confident Benishek is gonna win? | 但你有把握贝尼什克会赢 |
[36:57] | Benishek is going to win. | 贝尼什克会赢 |
[36:58] | – You’re confident? – He’s already won. | -你有把握 -他赢定了 |
[36:59] | – But we can’t call it? – Too close and too early. | -但是不能判 -票数太接近 时间也还早 |
[37:01] | I appreciate that science has a very high bar | 我明白 科学是很严谨的 |
[37:03] | for what it’s willing to call a fact, but… | 对事实的判定要求很高 但是… |
[37:04] | Benishek is going to win 51-49. | 贝尼什克会以51比49胜出 |
[37:07] | – 51-49. – That’s not as close as… | -51比49 -不算很接近… |
[37:09] | – It’s exactly as close as it sounds. – Okay. | -是相当接近 -好吧 |
[37:12] | Okay. You can go back. Thanks. | 好 请回去吧 谢谢 |
[37:15] | – You’ll retract the call? – We will get to that, yes. | -记得要收回 -我们会的 |
[37:23] | – We shouldn’t… – So we called it a little early. | -我们不该… -不就是判得早了点吗 |
[37:26] | We have Joey take it off the scroll | 让乔伊从滚动字幕里删掉 |
[37:27] | and make sure that nobody mentions it again | 然后让大家都别提起 |
[37:28] | until the desk gives the green light. | 等决策台给绿灯了再提 |
[37:30] | – Who’s going to notice? – Benishek. | -谁会发觉 -贝尼什克 |
[37:31] | His campaign manager. The Internet. | 他的竞选经理 还有互联网 |
[37:33] | I can steer this. | 我能混过去 |
[37:33] | Just have Mac have Will retract the call. | 让麦肯告诉威尔收回 不就行了 |
[37:35] | This is the written test you have to take and pass | 这里有份笔试试题 考过了的人 |
[37:38] | to work for the New York City Department of Sanitation. | 就能去纽约市环卫处工作 |
[37:41] | And it goes to the first person who eats it tonight. | 看谁今晚出错 先错先得 |
[37:45] | But so far, so good. | 目前尚有空缺 |
[37:52] | We can’t retract the call. | 不能收回 |
[37:52] | Yeah, I really think we can’t retract. | 打死也不能收回 |
[37:54] | It doesn’t seem to me | 我丝毫不觉得 |
[37:55] | that conservatives are having trouble | 保守派上电视上广播 |
[37:57] | gaining access to the airwaves. | 有什么困难 |
[37:59] | And the fact that the “New York Times” editorial board | 况且 《纽约时报》编辑部 |
[38:01] | endorsed the president and not Governor Romney | 支持现任总统 而非罗姆尼州长 |
[38:04] | isn’t of itself a sign of bias. | 这不叫偏向 |
[38:06] | When the governor said, “I like to fire people,” | 州长说”我喜欢炒人”时 |
[38:09] | not only did you know exactly what he meant, but you agreed. | 你不仅知道他所指何意 而且还赞同 |
[38:12] | And when the president said, “You didn’t build that,” | 总统说”你的成功不是你的”时 |
[38:12] | 本意是: 铁路公路是用税收建的 因此你的企业成功不是你个人的 是众人帮忙的结果 竞选中双方都故意把对方的讲话断章取义 以描黑对手 | |
[38:14] | not only did you know exactly what he meant, | 你不但知道他所指何意 |
[38:16] | you knew that’s not what he said. | 你还知道他并非此意 |
[38:17] | The trees are the right height. | “树的高度刚刚好” |
[38:17] | 罗姆尼到各地竞选时 都会夸当地的这好那好 由于夸地较为模板化 遭到对手嘲笑说他是外星人 | |
[38:19] | The dog on the car roof. | 车顶上的狗 |
[38:20] | Eastwood at the convention. | 伊斯特伍德的大会表演 |
[38:20] | 在共和党大会上 嘉宾克林特·伊斯特伍德上台表演 台上放了个空的椅子 假装奥巴马坐在椅子上 然后对之诸般嘲讽 自由派借此称共和党人把总统作为假想敌 而不与总统合作治国 | |
[38:22] | – Okay. – And while we’re on the subject, | -行了 -我再加一句 |
[38:24] | ACN’s star anchor is a Republican | ACN的明星主播是共和党人 |
[38:27] | who spends an awful lot of airtime | 却花费大量节目时间 |
[38:28] | reporting stories about crazy Republicans being crazy. | 来报道共和党人的疯人疯事 |
[38:31] | In fairness, he did anchor a report about a Democratic president | 说话要公平 他还报道了民主党总统 |
[38:35] | committing war crimes, and that wasn’t even true. | 犯下战争罪行 结果还不是真的 |
[38:38] | Elephant in the room. | 大家心里都在想 |
[38:42] | We’re coming up | 整点过后 |
[38:43] | on another round of poll closings at the top of the hour. | 又将有一批投票站结束投票 |
[38:45] | Let’s look at where we are. | 我们来看一看 |
[38:47] | They are Arizona, Colorado, Kansas… | 分别是亚利桑那 科罗拉多 堪萨斯… |
[38:50] | Reese is gonna work on Leona. | 里斯会劝说莉安娜的 |
[38:51] | He doesn’t have much time. | 他时间不多了 |
[38:53] | Did you ever think you’d be | 你有没有想过 |
[38:55] | trying to convince someone to let you resign? | 有一天你得劝说别人让你辞职 |
[38:58] | No. | 没有 |
[39:00] | Will’s not gonna fire you, Mac. There’s no way. | 威尔不会开除你的 麦肯 绝对不会 |
[39:03] | And it would look like we were scapegoating you | 会让人觉得我们把你当作替罪羊 |
[39:05] | just like Jerry. | 像杰利那样 |
[39:06] | – I know. – You good? | -我知道 -你还好吗 |
[39:08] | – Yeah. – Mac. | -还好 -麦肯 |
[39:10] | In here. | 进来吧 |
[39:12] | – Did you change it? – I did. | -你改了吗 -改了 |
[39:14] | – Thank you. – And they changed it back. | -谢谢 -但他们又改回来了 |
[39:16] | What do you mean they changed it back? | 他们又改回来了是什么意思 |
[39:18] | The original creator, the page administrator, | 原创者 页面管理员 |
[39:19] | – reviewed and denied the changes. – Why? | -检查后拒绝改动 -为什么 |
[39:21] | -Because– – Why? | -因为 -为什么 |
[39:22] | -Because– – Why did they do that? | -因为 -他们为什么那么做 |
[39:23] | Well, I e-mailed him and | 我给他发了封电邮 |
[39:24] | explained who I was, that you were my boss | 向他说明我的身份 说你是我上司 |
[39:26] | and that you have an expert | 你对自己具体在哪里上学 |
[39:27] | understanding of where you did and didn’t go to school, | 有非常明确的答案 |
[39:29] | – and I got a very quick reply. – Saying? | -我很快就收到了回复 -说什么 |
[39:31] | It’s Wikipedia’s policy not to use information | 维基百科的原则就是 |
[39:33] | that comes directly from the source of the article. | 不能直接采用词条来源的信息 |
[39:36] | – Say that again? – It’s Wikipedia’s– | -你再说一遍 -维基百科 |
[39:38] | – Can’t anyone edit a page? – Yes. Except you. | -没人能编辑页面吗 -有 除了你 |
[39:41] | – So they won’t allow firsthand information? – No. | -所以他们不允许使用第一手信息 -对 |
[39:43] | Seems sort of counterintuitive, doesn’t it? | 有点违背常理 对吧 |
[39:46] | – I know how you feel. – I don’t think you do. | -我了解你的感受 -我不觉得你了解 |
[39:50] | Because no one’s out there | 因为没有人 |
[39:52] | saying you were president of the Oxford Union | 说你是牛津辩论社的社长 |
[39:55] | when you were president of the Cambridge Union, | 而你明明是剑桥辩论社的社长 |
[39:57] | the greatest debating society in the history of the fucking kingdom. | 那可是王国史上最厉害的辩论社团 |
[39:59] | And that kingdom’s been around a long time. | 而那个王国存在很长时间了 |
[40:01] | Don’t I know it. | 我会不知道吗[印度曾被英国殖民] |
[40:02] | I don’t even know if that was a sarcastic | 我都不知道这是不是殖民主义的某种 |
[40:04] | geopolitical reference to colonialism or not. | 充满讽刺的地理政治学代名词 |
[40:07] | – It wasn’t. – Good. | -不是 -很好 |
[40:08] | Good, ’cause, Neal, this is it. | 很好 因为 尼尔 就是这样 |
[40:10] | We’re gonna get this right. And I’ll tell you why. | 我们必须改正过来 我告诉你为什么 |
[40:13] | Because. | 因为 |
[40:16] | Mac, I get it. | 麦肯 我懂了 |
[40:18] | And I’m gonna get it fixed. | 我会让他们改过来的 |
[40:20] | Thank you. Ruling India was wrong. | 谢谢 殖民统治印度是错误的 |
[40:22] | – It’s a little late– – I know. | -有点太晚了 -我知道 |
[40:25] | About a third of the vote now in in Virginia. | 弗吉尼亚已统计三分之一的选票 |
[40:27] | About a million votes counted and Mitt Romney | 已统计了约一百万选票 米特·罗姆尼 |
[40:29] | is maintaining his lead 55-43. | 仍然保持55比43的领先优势 |
[40:32] | But right now, the story is in Ohio | 现在我们将报道俄亥俄州的情况 |
[40:34] | where the president has a 16-point lead over Mr. Romney | 已统计约四分之一的选票 结果显示 |
[40:36] | with just about a quarter of the votes counted. | 总统比罗姆尼先生领先16个百分点 |
[40:39] | But to be very clear, that race is still too early to call, | 但必须强调 这场选举现在判定还为时过早 |
[40:41] | meaning that the experts at the decision desk | 也就是说 决策台的专家们 |
[40:44] | do not yet have enough information. | 还未掌握足够的信息 |
[40:46] | We need to take a commercial break, | 接下来进一段广告 |
[40:47] | but we’ll be back on the other side | 我们很快回来 |
[40:49] | with the continuing prime time coverage | 继续我们的黄金时段专题报道 |
[40:50] | of Election Night 2012. | 2012大选之夜 |
[40:51] | You’re watching ACN. | 您现在收看的是ACN |
[40:54] | And clear. Four minutes back. | 切出 四分钟 |
[40:57] | Elephant in the room? | 大家心里都在想 |
[40:58] | Even as it was coming out of my mouth, | 在我脱口而出的同时 |
[40:59] | I thought it was borderline. | 我觉得这话有点过分 |
[41:00] | Can I say as a PR expert, | 作为一个公关专家 |
[41:02] | I thought it was, as a matter of fact, perfect. | 我认为她其实说得非常好 |
[41:05] | She is an enemy of all that is good. | 她是一切正义的对立面 |
[41:07] | You’re like a foot taller than a person’s supposed to be. | 你看起来比正常人高出一英尺 |
[41:09] | – Right? – Yes. | -是吗 -是啊 |
[41:11] | But I apologize for bringing your personal politics into it. | 但我为我将你的个人党派扯进来而道歉 |
[41:14] | Yeah, it’s okay. But I’d appreciate it | 没事 但如果你不再把我扯进去 |
[41:15] | – if you kept me out of it. – Of course. | -我将万分感激 -没问题 |
[41:16] | – It was stupid. – No, it wasn’t. | -太傻了 -不 一点也不 |
[41:18] | – Tess, how much time do I have? – 3:30 back. | -特丝 我有多长时间 -三分半 |
[41:21] | Sampat! | 桑帕特 |
[41:26] | I have someone tracking down the event coordinator | 我已经联系大陆慈善拍卖会的协调员 |
[41:28] | at Continental Benefit Auctions to get the name and contact. | 跟他们要了姓名和联系方式 |
[41:31] | I’m gonna feel bad until this is fixed. | 在这事弄好前 我的心情都不会好的 |
[41:32] | – It’s gonna be fixed. – What if it never is? | -一定会弄好的 -如果弄不好呢 |
[41:35] | What if I go on and on like this? | 如果我一直都这样呢 |
[41:37] | What if I keep talking in rhetorical questions | 如果我一直这样反问下去 |
[41:39] | until you just can’t take it anymore? | 直到你再也受不了了呢 |
[41:41] | – Can I go? – I’m good. | -我能走了吗 -可以 |
[41:48] | Joey, how’s it going? | 乔伊 情况如何 |
[41:50] | – Busy. – Yeah. | -很忙 -是啊 |
[41:52] | Can you do me a favor and | 能不能帮我个忙 |
[41:53] | take the Michigan first out of the scroll? | 先把密歇根从滚动字幕里撤掉 |
[41:55] | Are we taking back the call? | 我们要收回判定吗 |
[41:57] | No, we’re just– we’re not flaunting it. | 不 只是 不想强调这条 |
[42:04] | I don’t think we need to tell Mac and Will– | 我们没必要告诉麦肯和威尔 |
[42:06] | No. | 没必要 |
[42:07] | Don, Webb’s on hold in your office. | 唐 办公室电话 韦布来电 |
[42:10] | Three minutes back. | 还剩三分钟 |
[42:13] | Michigan one, if you could just go ahead | 密歇根一区 你能不能 |
[42:15] | and take it off the scroll. | 把它撤出滚动字幕 |
[42:27] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[42:29] | Trying to see what’s going on in Ohio. | 分析俄亥俄州的情况 |
[42:32] | The people who know are 50 feet from here. | 五十英尺外就有了解具体情况的人 |
[42:34] | They’ll tell us. | 他们会告诉我们的 |
[42:37] | I think it’s going really well. | 一切进展的都算顺利 |
[42:39] | You should enjoy it. | 你应该高兴点 |
[42:41] | In the old days, didn’t they offer you the option | 以前 他们是不是让你选择 |
[42:43] | of a shot of whiskey and a pistol? | 一杯威士忌还是一把手枪 |
[42:45] | – How old? – Like… | -多久以前 -大概… |
[42:48] | – the Holy Roman Empire. – With whiskey and pistols? | -圣罗马帝国 -选威士忌或者手枪吗 |
[42:52] | It wouldn’t necessarily look like scapegoating. | 人们不会认为是你们在找替罪羊 |
[42:54] | – Mac. – It would look like you and Charlie | -麦肯 -而是你和查理 |
[42:56] | took the necessary and appropriate steps | 采取必要且合适的措施 |
[42:58] | to address the mistake. | 以改正错误 |
[43:01] | – Can I tell you something? – Fire me. | -我能跟你说点事吗 -开除我吧 |
[43:02] | You’re the only one who can do it. | 只有你能这么做 |
[43:08] | I was a really good boyfriend. | 我以前可是个好男友 |
[43:12] | I know that. I never said you weren’t. | 我知道 我从没说过你不是 |
[43:14] | – You sort of did. – That’s wrong. | -你算是说过 -才没有 |
[43:16] | You think– | 你以为 |
[43:18] | you think I’m not firing you | 你以为我不想开除你 |
[43:21] | because it would make me look bad? | 是因为这不利于我的形象吗 |
[43:23] | That crossed your mind? | 你这样想过吗 |
[43:25] | Give me a break, Billy. | 容我打断下 比利 |
[43:26] | It’s not like you’re indifferent to your image. | 不是说你对你的形象不关心 |
[43:28] | You think it’s– my image? | 你认为是因为我的形象 |
[43:30] | What have I ever done to deserve that? | 我哪里得罪你了 |
[43:34] | How big a dick do you think I am | 你觉得我是多大的混蛋 |
[43:35] | and how long have you thought it? | 你那样想多久了 |
[43:43] | I was a good guy. | 我曾经是个好人 |
[43:47] | I was a good guy. | 我曾经是个好人 |
[43:53] | You’re fired end of the broadcast. | 报道结束后 你就被开除了 |
[43:55] | Please don’t tell anyone. | 请别告诉任何人 |
[43:59] | I won’t. | 我不会的 |
[44:03] | They need you. | 他们在找你 |
[44:07] | He’ll give us two on-the-record sources | 他会给我们提供两名可公开的线人 |
[44:09] | if we agree to stay off just for tonight with the 1990 quote. | 如果我们同意今晚不提1990年的事情 |
[44:12] | – Here’s what the story is– – Wait, start again for them. | -故事就是 -等等 从头跟他们说一次 |
[44:14] | – 60 back. – We’re there. | -还剩60秒 -马上过去 |
[44:16] | This morning in time for the local news, | 当地新闻报道今天早上 |
[44:18] | – Brody in California condemned Todd Akin. – Yeah? | -加州的布罗迪谴责陶德·艾金 -然后呢 |
[44:21] | Taylor Warren pointed me to a speech he made in 1990 | 泰勒·沃伦给我看他1990年 |
[44:23] | to a student group where | 为一个学生团体所做的演讲 |
[44:24] | he said the exact same thing, only worse. | 他说了一样的话 甚至更糟糕 |
[44:26] | I called his chief of staff | 我打电话给他的幕僚长 |
[44:26] | for a comment– a guy named John Webb. | 一个名叫约翰·韦布的家伙 让他作解释 |
[44:28] | – Webb and I know each other. – They’re in love. | -韦布和我相识 -他们在谈恋爱 |
[44:30] | Just– he asked me for time | 只是 他让我给他点时间 |
[44:32] | because he said he needed permission | 因为他要请求授权 |
[44:34] | to trade me a story he promised was much bigger. | 拿一个保证是更重大的消息跟我交换 |
[44:36] | – Did you set a deadline? – Yes. | -你设定最后期限了吗 -对 |
[44:37] | – For when? – For now. He just called. | -什么时候 -现在 他刚刚打电话来 |
[44:38] | And this is where you came in. | 现在要找你们商量的是 |
[44:39] | If we agree to hold off reporting the 1990 speech, | 如果我们同意暂不报道1990年的演讲 |
[44:41] | he’ll give us two on-the-record sources. | 他会给我们两个提供两名可公开的线人 |
[44:44] | As long as it’s not a potentially libelous story | 只要不是诽谤部队可能存在 |
[44:46] | about misconduct in the armed forces, I’m listening. | 滥用职权现象的事情 我都洗耳恭听 |
[44:51] | David Patraeus is about to resign over an extramarital affair | 戴维·彼得雷乌斯将因与他的传记作者 |
[44:54] | with his biographer, a lieutenant colonel in the Army Reserve. | 一名陆军预备役中校发生外遇而辞职 |
[45:02] | And the commander of US forces in Afghanistan | 驻阿富汗美军指挥官将因为与一名 |
[45:05] | will be investigated with regard to a relationship | 佛罗里达社交名媛的不正当关系而受到调查 |
[45:08] | with a Florida socialite who was receiving | 此人日前收到 |
[45:10] | harassing e-mails from General Patraeus’s mistress. | 彼得雷乌斯将军的情妇的威胁邮件 |
[45:24] | I mean, what the fuck?! | 这他妈什么情况 |
[45:42] | Three minutes for the calls, then a 90 whip-around. | 三分钟宣布判定 90度转身 |
[45:44] | And we’ll go to Jane to look at the Senate. | 然后我们切到简 关注参议院的情况 |
[45:46] | Remember what I said before about my personal politics? | 记得之前我说 别把我个人的政治观点扯进来吗 |
[45:49] | – Sure. – Forget it. | -当然 -忘了吧 |
[45:51] | Take me apart. | 放马过来 |
[45:53] | 10 seconds. | 十秒 |
[46:02] | In three, two… | 倒计时三 二 |