时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:18] | *Any shock they should try to stem* | *如果还有什么能震惊他们* |
[01:20] | *’Stead of landing Plymouth Rock* | *不是在普利茅斯岩上落脚* |
[01:22] | *Plymouth Rock would land on them* | *而是岩石压在他们身上* |
[01:28] | *In olden days a glimpse of stocking* | *以前的时候 哪怕露出长筒袜* |
[01:30] | *Was looked on as something shocking* | *都会被视为出格之举* |
[01:32] | *But now God knows* | *但如今天晓得* |
[01:34] | *Anything goes* | *什么都无所谓了* |
[01:37] | *Good authors, too, who once knew better words* | *还有那些好作家 以前会遣词造句* |
[01:40] | *Now only use four-letter words writing–* | *如今就只会闲扯几句…* |
[01:42] | What the fuck is going on? | 这他妈怎么回事 |
[01:44] | They’re taking our hard drives. | 他们要拿走我们的硬盘 |
[01:46] | Is it Neal’s story? | 是因为尼尔的报道吗 |
[01:47] | They’ve got a warrant to search the hard drives. | 他们有搜查硬盘的搜查令 |
[01:48] | – Is this for real? – What’s your name? | -这是动真格的吗 -你叫什么 |
[01:50] | – My name? – Yeah. | -我叫什么 -对 |
[01:52] | It’s spelled arrest me or go fuck yourself. | 我叫”逮捕我 要么就玩蛋去” |
[01:54] | We’ve been raided. | 我们被搜查了 |
[01:55] | It’s Saturday night and you got the graveyard shift. | 周六晚上 你来值夜班了 |
[01:57] | What would I find if I stop and frisk you, Snoop Dogg? | 如果我搜你的身会发现什么 饶舌小子 |
[01:59] | Unless that warrant says you can stick your hand in my pockets, | 除非你的搜查令上写着你可以搜我的兜 |
[02:01] | you’re gonna find yourself | 你就会涉嫌 |
[02:02] | in a conversation about illegal search and seizure. | 非法搜查与扣押 |
[02:04] | All right, back off. Everybody just cooperate. | 行了 冷静 大家配合他们 |
[02:09] | – My password’s N-Y– – I don’t need your password. | -我的密码是NY… -我不需要你的密码 |
[02:12] | – That’s a comfort. – Please stand away from your desk. | -太贴心了 -请大家离开桌子 |
[02:15] | Do you know where Neal Sampat is? | 你知道尼尔·桑帕特在哪吗 |
[02:17] | What are my rights in this situation? | 我现在有什么权利 |
[02:19] | You don’t answer and you don’t get to keep asking that question. | 你不用回答 你不能一直纠缠他 |
[02:22] | Actually, she does, but nobody has to answer. | 她可以继续问 但大家不用回答 |
[02:25] | So just turn down the temperature a litt– | 大家冷静一点 |
[02:26] | – This is a fucking outrage, Molly. – Okay. | -这太他妈操蛋了 莫莉 -好吧 |
[02:28] | And this is a fucking warrant from a federal court, Mac. | 这他妈还是联邦法院的搜查令呢 麦肯 |
[02:30] | And we are the physical manifestation of the will of that court. | 我们是法院指令的执行人 |
[02:33] | The fuck are you, Marley’s ghost? | 你算什么 阴魂不散的鬼吗 |
[02:35] | You kiss your sources with that mouth? | 你跟线人说话嘴也这么甜吗 |
[02:36] | Don, please stay where you are. | 唐 请别乱走动 |
[02:38] | I’d like to make sure my phones aren’t being tapped. | 我想去确保我的手机没有被窃听 |
[02:40] | They don’t have permission to tap our phones. | 他们没有窃听我们电话的许可 |
[02:42] | Then I guess this would be the first time | 那联调局要破例 |
[02:43] | the FBI has used a warrantless wiretap. | 无搜查令窃听了 |
[02:45] | Can I save you guys some time? | 我能替你们省省时间吗 |
[02:46] | Neal is a smart guy and there’s no way he left a trail | 尼尔很聪明 他绝不会把关于一名 |
[02:48] | to a government source on | 政府告密者的线索 |
[02:49] | something that can be seized by the government. | 留在能被政府扣押的东西里的 |
[02:51] | I’ve got privileged stock information on my computer. | 我电脑上有机密股票信息 |
[02:53] | I see one of you guys buy a speedboat… | 你们手下如果有谁挣了大钱… |
[02:54] | They’re just doing their jobs. | 他们只是在尽本职 |
[02:57] | And I’m doing mine. | 我也一样 |
[02:58] | Charlie. | 查理 |
[03:01] | It’s Charlie Skinner. Give me LA control, please. | 我是查理·斯金纳 请给我接洛杉矶控制室 |
[03:04] | Please put the phone down, Mr. Skinner. | 请把电话放下 斯金纳先生 |
[03:06] | Don, Jim, power up our control room. | 唐 吉姆 去启动控制室 |
[03:08] | – Yeah. – Gary, grab a camera. | -嗯 -加里 去拿摄像机 |
[03:11] | – Can you get me wired? – Guys! | -给我做准备 -伙计们 |
[03:13] | It’s Charlie in New York. | 我是纽约的查理 |
[03:15] | We’re gonna be breaking in live in three minutes. | 我们三分钟后切入直播 |
[03:22] | Do you have the first idea how any of this equipment works? | 你知道这些设备怎么用吗 |
[03:24] | I don’t know how electricity works. Just start pressing buttons. | 我连电力原理都不懂 随便按按钮就是了 |
[03:26] | We don’t know how to broadcast anything. | 我们根本不会做放送 |
[03:28] | Charlie was on the phone with Domino’s Pizza. | 查理打给的是披萨店 |
[03:29] | We’re not broadcasting anything. | 我们不会放送什么的 |
[03:30] | Just get an in-house feed up on the monitors. | 把室内信号放到显示屏上就行 |
[03:36] | Don’t make things harder on yourselves. | 别进一步为难你们自己 |
[03:37] | I think I’m making things harder for you. | 我觉得我是在为难你 |
[03:39] | Come on, Mac. We’ve been friends forever. | 得了 麦肯 我们是老朋友了 |
[03:41] | I’m coming to your wedding. | 我还要去参加你的婚礼呢 |
[03:42] | Well, I haven’t gotten your RSVP yet, Molly. | 我还没收到你的回复呢 莫莉 |
[03:45] | So how’d you like your name chyroned? | 你希望自己的名字印成什么效果的 |
[03:46] | This is now out of control. | 这下失控了 |
[03:48] | It’s not hard to promptly RSVP. | 回复一个又没什么难的 |
[03:50] | – It’s a common courtesy. – 90 seconds. | -这是礼貌 -90秒了 |
[03:54] | They’re bluffing. | 他们是虚张声势 |
[03:58] | Hook me up, quick. | 给我接线 |
[04:04] | Come on, guys. Find some lights. | 赶紧开灯啊 |
[04:08] | See, I don’t think there’s gonna be an on-off switch. | 我觉得应该没有开关之类的 |
[04:13] | – Check it out. – What did you press? | -瞧啊 -你按哪个按钮了 |
[04:15] | It’s an on-off switch. | 一个开关 |
[04:18] | What is on our air? | 这是在播什么 |
[04:19] | “Red Carpet Roundup.” We need a studio feed. | “众星云集红毯” 我们得切演播室的信号 |
[04:21] | Can I just say that this | 我能不能说 |
[04:22] | network’s Saturday night programming is– | 这家电台周六的节目真是… |
[04:23] | – Maybe now’s not the time. But I do agree. – Yeah. | -现在不是时候 不过说得对 -嗯 |
[04:26] | How have neither of you in all this time | 你们怎么可能在这么长时间里 |
[04:28] | absorbed any of the technology involved | 一丁点都没有学到 |
[04:30] | with broadcasting the news you, you know, do? | 把你们报道的新闻播放出去的技术 |
[04:32] | Well, I can’t speak for Don, but my experience is– | 我不知道唐的情况 但就我来说… |
[04:34] | Shut up. | 闭嘴吧 |
[04:45] | Do we have sound? Can anybody hear me? | 声音开启了吗 能听到吗 |
[04:50] | We’re gonna need your first name for the banner. | 说下你的名字 打字幕用 |
[04:52] | Is it Kip? | 是奇普吗 |
[04:54] | Your lack of cooperation will be noted for our report. | 你的不合作会记录在报告里的 |
[04:56] | I hope that doesn’t leak to the press. | 希望这报告不会被泄露给媒体 |
[04:58] | – Oh, I’m gonna make sure it does. – I’m being cooperative. | -我会确保泄露出去的 -我很配合 |
[05:00] | Can it be noted that some of us are being downright docile? | 能记录一下我们有些人很配合吗 |
[05:03] | – So it’s Kip? – Rodger with a D. | -是奇普了 -是罗杰 中间有一个D |
[05:06] | We’re gonna misspell it. | 放心 我们一定会拼错的 |
[05:07] | $210 a plate, Molly. | 一块铭牌210呢 莫莉 |
[05:09] | It’s nice to have a head count. He’s not made of money. | 清楚人数没什么不对 他又不是钱多得没处烧 |
[05:11] | I do fine. We can afford it. | 没事 我们付得起 |
[05:13] | – We’re up. – That’s nice, Gary. | -好了 -真不错 加里 |
[05:16] | Yeah, start on the windbreakers | 从风衣开始 |
[05:18] | and then come over and frame up | 然后过来 |
[05:20] | Special Agent Levy for the hero shot. | 给特派探员莱维一个特写 |
[05:26] | There’s a typo. You left out the R. | 打错了 不是宗 |
[05:28] | – Where? – It says “Beaking news.” | -什么 -你打的”宗大新闻” |
[05:31] | Calm down. Can she hear you on the IFB? | 冷静 她能听到你说话吗 |
[05:33] | No. Please, please, pretend you can hear me. | 不能 拜托了 装作听得到吧 |
[05:37] | – Copy, I can hear you. – She did it! | -收到 听到你了 -她做到了 |
[05:39] | – She felt my vibe. – I think she can really hear you. | -这是精神力量啊 -我觉得她是真听到了 |
[05:42] | – It says “baking news” now. – Fuck! | -现在打成”肿大新闻”了 -妈的 |
[05:44] | – 15 seconds. – Good talking to you, Molly. | -还剩15秒 -和莫里你聊天很开心 |
[05:47] | You and your men continue | 你和你手下继续 |
[05:48] | your government raid of an American newsroom. | 对美国某家新闻编辑室进行突击检查吧 |
[05:50] | I’m gonna go executive produce a special report. | 我去监制这次特别报道了 |
[05:53] | Stand them down. | 让他们停下吧 |
[06:05] | Stand down. | 停下 |
[06:10] | Everybody stand down. | 所有人 停下 |
[06:18] | LA control, keep your air. | 洛杉矶控制室 继续进行直播 |
[06:28] | They’re stopping! | 他们停下了 |
[06:31] | We did it. | 我们成功了 |
[06:33] | Freedom won and not a bullet was fired. | 兵不血刃 赢得了自由 |
[06:36] | Let this day be recorded in the all– | 今天应该能被记载史… |
[06:37] | Your fly is unzipped. | 你裤子拉链没拉 |
[06:43] | I’m not sure how I feel about new confident Maggie. | 玛姬改头换面后 自信到我都不认识了 |
[06:45] | She’s looking good. | 还是挺勾人的 |
[06:47] | I can still hear you. | 我还能听到你说话 |
[06:51] | Do you think there’s any chance she’s– | 你觉得有没有可能她是… |
[06:52] | I’m not pretending. | 我不是装的 |
[07:02] | Seems like lately a lot of people | 看来最近很多人 |
[07:03] | have been playing fast and loose with the law. | 都在法律边缘游走玩火啊 |
[07:06] | I didn’t break any laws. | 我可没犯法 |
[07:08] | It was a solid warrant | 他们有搜查令 |
[07:08] | and they had a solid reason for seeking it. | 而且搜查理由也很正当 |
[07:10] | I’m not at all convinced we’re the good guys. | 我可不信我们都是好人 |
[07:12] | – Where was he supposed to go? – The source? | -他本来要去哪 -线人吗 |
[07:14] | Where was he supposed to go? The police? | 他本来要去哪 去自首吗 |
[07:16] | He’s not supposed to go anywhere with classified information. | 他就不应该怀揣机密文件到处晃悠 |
[07:20] | That was the Assistant Attorney General, | 我刚和联邦司法部长助理 |
[07:22] | the US Attorney for the Southern District, | 南区联邦检察官 |
[07:23] | and the Deputy Director of the FBI on the phone. | 及联调局副局长通过电话 |
[07:26] | And? | 然后呢 |
[07:28] | We’ve negotiated a one-week ceasefire. | 我们协商决定搜查延后一周 |
[07:31] | Friday night we’ll all meet up at Main Justice in DC | 周五晚我们在华盛顿的司法部大楼 |
[07:34] | and try to dig our way out of this. | 协商处理这起事件 |
[07:35] | I’m not holding this story for a week. | 要我隐瞒不报新闻一周 我可做不到 |
[07:37] | Holding the story for a week | 瞒报新闻一周 |
[07:38] | – isn’t a problem. – It’s a problem for me. | -不是问题 -对我来说是 |
[07:39] | Doesn’t it take at least a week | 难道不得至少花一周时间 |
[07:41] | to vet 27,000 documents? | 调查这两万七千份文档吗 |
[07:42] | If you put the same scrupulous attention into vetting this story | 要是你投入和之前调查热那亚事件 |
[07:45] | as you did with Genoa, you should be done in no time. | 一样的精力 那调查早就搞定了 |
[07:47] | You are sitting at the loser table. | 你输定了 |
[07:49] | At your wedding, what else is available? | 参加你的婚礼还要带什么吗 |
[07:51] | There goes your plus one. | 记得带上你老公 |
[07:52] | All right, look, what I need is an assurance | 听着 我需要能得到准确答复 |
[07:53] | that it’s safe for Neal to come out of the dark. | 尼尔是否暂时平安无事无需躲藏 |
[07:55] | The government is not going to make a move on either of you | 警方在周五之前不会逮捕你们任何一个人 |
[07:58] | until Friday, and then hopefully never. | 但愿永远都不会逮捕你们 |
[08:00] | They’re still walking out of here with– | 他们不还是扣走了我们好多… |
[08:03] | Agents Levy, Hutchinson, thank you very much. | 莱维探员 哈奇森探员 辛苦你们了 |
[08:05] | – Thank you. – Thank you. | -没事 -没事 |
[08:08] | You’re getting the fish and the fish is gonna suck! | 祝你这一辈子碰到谁谁就倒霉 |
[08:10] | You’re talking about your own wedding. | 你是在说你自己的婚礼吗 |
[08:12] | – She’s got a point. – Where’s Neal? | -她说的没错 -尼尔人呢 |
[08:14] | – I don’t know. – Come on. | -我不知道 -快说吧 |
[08:16] | – I don’t know where he is. – Good. | -我真不知道他在哪 -很好 |
[08:18] | – You did something right. – He’s safe. | -你这样就对了 -他很安全 |
[08:23] | What? | 什么 |
[08:26] | He’s safe. That’s all I know. | 他很安全 我只知道这点 |
[08:28] | – And don’t ask me about it again, okay? – Yeah. | -别再问我尼尔的事了好吗 -好的 |
[08:31] | Can I speak with you? | 我能和你谈谈吗 |
[08:33] | I’m not sure I like the deal you just made. | 我不满意你刚才和警方达成的协议 |
[08:35] | I don’t care. How do you know he’s safe? | 你不满意不关我事 你怎么知道他安全 |
[08:39] | It’s a premonition. | 纯属直觉 |
[08:41] | Did you– fucking hell. | 你难道… 他妈的 |
[08:42] | – Did you tell him where to go? – No. | -你告诉他躲去哪了 -没有 |
[08:44] | – Did you give him money? A bus ticket? – No. | -你给他钱给他车票了 -没有 |
[08:50] | What happens Friday night? | 周五晚上会怎么样 |
[08:53] | The investigators are gonna ask you and Neal | 调查员将询问你和尼尔 |
[08:55] | to tell them everything you can without revealing the source. | 你们得回答不暴露线人信息的所有问题 |
[08:58] | If they can connect the dots | 如果他们无需知晓线人身份 |
[08:59] | without the identity of the source, great. | 就能搞清楚事件全貌 那就好 |
[09:01] | If they can’t? | 要是他们不能呢 |
[09:03] | I don’t know a district court judge who’s ever let a reporter | 我还从来没听说过有哪位法官 |
[09:06] | keep his source when national security was involved. | 在涉及国家安全问题上 允许记者保密线人身份 |
[09:09] | And who decides if national security is involved? | 那由谁来决定此事是否涉及国家安全 |
[09:11] | – The judge. – You see my problem? | -法官 -知道我为什么不满意了吧 |
[09:13] | The judge is the one who’s supposed to decide, | 本来就该由法官来判断决定 |
[09:14] | 马修·布鲁德里克 《战争游戏》男主角 玩游戏时意外闯入五角大楼绝密电脑系统中 是否向苏联发射核弹的生杀大权交由他决定 | |
[09:14] | not Matthew Broderick in “War Games”, | 不是由《战争游戏》的马修·布鲁德里克 |
[09:16] | not Neal, and not me. | 也不是由我和尼尔决定 |
[09:16] | – That’s a prosecutor talking. – Yes, it is. | -检察官才会这么说话 -没错 |
[09:18] | And how are we supposed to be in DC Friday night? | 我们这周五要怎么赶去华盛顿 |
[09:20] | We do the news here at 8:00. | 我们八点还要在这做新闻 |
[09:22] | The meeting’s at midnight. | 协商会议午夜开始 |
[09:23] | All right, obviously we’ll talk more before then. | 好吧 显然在会议前我们要说的话更多 |
[09:25] | But for now just go drink– home. Just go home. | 现在我们去喝…回家吧 都回家吧 |
[09:29] | That stunt with the cameras, that wasn’t cool. | 对搜查进行拍摄播报这一招不太明智 |
[09:33] | Neither am I. | 我也这么觉得 |
[09:36] | All right. | 好吧 |
[09:39] | We give them everything they want, | 我们供出所有他们想要的信息 |
[09:40] | and in exchange we get to not go to jail? | 以此换来我们免受牢狱之灾吗 |
[09:42] | We also get to run the story. | 我们还要播报那条新闻 |
[09:45] | We get the guidance we need to run the story | 我们按照规章指导播报此条新闻 |
[09:47] | without risking national security or anyone’s life. | 而不威胁国家安全及任何人性命 |
[09:51] | Good night. | 晚安 |
[09:54] | I’m only going to ask you once. | 我最后问你一次 |
[09:59] | Do you really know the identity of the source? | 你真的知道线人的身份吗 |
[10:02] | – Yes. – That was stupid. | -是的 -那真是太傻了 |
[10:03] | That was something I would do. | 我才会做这样的傻事 |
[10:04] | They’re not gonna lock me up. I’m too big to jail. | 我不会坐牢的 牢里装不下这么大块头 |
[10:07] | Until about half an hour ago, | 半小时之前 |
[10:08] | I thought they wouldn’t raid a newsroom. | 我都不会想到他们会来突查新闻编辑室 |
[10:11] | They’ve got his hard drive now and if there’s anything | 他们扣下了他的硬盘 要是在那里面 |
[10:12] | on there that shows he’s aided and abetted, | 找到他教唆线人盗取机密的证据 |
[10:14] | then you and Neal are in two very different situations. | 那你和尼尔最后的结果就相差甚远了 |
[10:17] | He used an air-gapped computer, remember? | 他用了网闸电脑 不记得了 |
[10:19] | – And where is he? – I don’t know. | -他在哪 -我不知道 |
[10:21] | – Are you lying to me? – No. | -你是在骗我吗 -没有 |
[10:27] | You know, since it’s not possible | 既然不可能让大家 |
[10:30] | for everyone to like you, I really think– | 都喜欢你 我真的觉得… |
[10:32] | I wasn’t trying to get the FBI to like me. | 我从没想让联调局的人喜欢我 |
[10:34] | They just happen to be the only ones in the room | 碰巧是这间办公室里他们几个 |
[10:36] | authorized to do what they’re doing. | 有资格去做他们在做的事情 |
[10:38] | Why do we have a loser table? | 我们怎么会有什么弱者专用餐桌 |
[10:41] | – Your friends. – All right. | -你的朋友啊 -好吧 |
[11:13] | Hi! I have here an EPA report that’s been– | 早 我手头有一份环保局报告 |
[11:16] | Hi! | 早 |
[11:18] | Hi! I have here an EPA report that’s been embargoed. | 早 我手头有一份环保局的秘密报告 |
[11:22] | – How did you get it? – It doesn’t matter. | -你怎么拿到的 -这不重要 |
[11:24] | The Scripps Institution of Oceanography in San Diego | 圣地亚哥的斯克里普斯海洋研究所 |
[11:27] | measured the levels of carbon dioxide | 测量了位于夏威夷的莫纳罗亚火山 |
[11:29] | atop Mauna Loa, a volcano in Hawaii, | 上方的二氧化碳浓度 |
[11:31] | and found that it’s passed a long-feared milestone, | 发现已经远远超过了长期警戒线 |
[11:33] | 400 parts per million, which is a concentration | 400PPM[百万分之一] 这是 |
[11:35] | not seen on Earth in millions of years. | 数百万年不见的浓度 |
[11:39] | Here’s what happened. | 情况是这样的 |
[11:40] | You started talking about CO2 levels | 你开始说二氧化碳浓度的事情 |
[11:41] | and I started thinking about other things in my head. | 我脑子里开始在想别的事情 |
[11:46] | CO2 is a gas. | 二氧化碳是一种气体 |
[11:48] | The Scripps Institution of Oceanography, | 由行业科学家组成的 |
[11:50] | which is made up of professional scientists, | 斯克里普斯海洋研究所 |
[11:52] | measured the level of CO2 in the air and found– | 测量了空气中的二氧化碳浓度 发现 |
[11:54] | The Mets need speed. The Mets need power. The Mets need pitching. | 大都会队需要速度 需要力量 需要投球 |
[11:57] | That’s what I’m thinking about right now. | 我现在想的是这些 |
[12:01] | Living things need oxygen to stay alive. | 生物需要氧气才能生存 |
[12:04] | – I want a hot dog right now. – Look– | -我现在想吃热狗 -听着 |
[12:05] | Have you come to me for help? | 你是来找我帮忙的吗 |
[12:07] | – Have I– – Come to me for help? | -我 -找我帮忙的吗 |
[12:08] | – No. – What can I do for you? | -不是 -要我帮你做什么 |
[12:10] | I’d like some advice. | 我需要点建议 |
[12:11] | What’s another word for advice? | 建议的另一种说法是什么 |
[12:13] | – Look– – You showed a lot of wisdom coming to me for help. | -听着 -你在请我帮忙方面展现出了充足的智慧 |
[12:15] | – I don’t need help. – Great. | -我不需要帮忙 -很好 |
[12:17] | – I need help. – Hit me. | -我需要帮忙 -说吧[打我] |
[12:20] | Yeah, I think you know what I meant. | 好 我想你没理解错 |
[12:22] | Yeah, I think I did. | 对 肯定没错 |
[12:23] | This is an embargoed EPA report. | 这是一份环保局的秘密报告 |
[12:25] | – How’d you get it? – Doesn’t matter. | -你怎么拿到的 -不重要 |
[12:27] | The last time the levels | 上一次浓度这么高 |
[12:28] | were this high was three million years ago. | 还是三百万年前 |
[12:29] | – We survived it then, right? – No, there were no humans. | -但我们活下来了对吧 -那时候还没有人类 |
[12:31] | It wiped out all the humans? | 是它导致了人类灭绝吗 |
[12:33] | There were no humans before, you moron. | 那之前还没有人类呢 你个白痴 |
[12:35] | Talking like that is no way to get me to help you. | 你这么说话 我可没法儿帮你 |
[12:37] | The last time the CO2 level was this high, | 上次二氧化碳浓度这么高时 |
[12:39] | the climate was far warmer, the ice caps were smaller, | 气候比现在暖和得多 冰盖更小 |
[12:42] | the sea levels 60-80 feet higher. | 海平面比现在高20到25米 |
[12:44] | Scientists believe that humanity | 科学家认为人类活动 |
[12:46] | is precipitating a return to those conditions, only this time– | 正在使地球重回那种状态 只是这一次 |
[12:49] | – Billions of people are in harm’s way. – Yes. | -几十亿人身处危急 -对 |
[12:51] | I would take any one of the three– speed, power, or pitching. | 我会选择速度 力量 或者投球其中之一 |
[12:55] | And this is my problem. | 我的问题是 |
[12:56] | – That environmental stories aren’t exciting? – Right. | -这份环境报道会引发观众兴趣吗 -没错 |
[12:58] | I’ve been doing a dramatic rendering of that problem. | 我已经生动反映了这个问题的答案 |
[13:00] | This report says the world is coming to an end. | 这份报告说世界正在走向灭亡 |
[13:03] | I am preparing an interview for Will to conduct on Friday | 我在为威尔周五采访 |
[13:05] | with the the Deputy Assistant Administrator of the EPA. | 环保局副助理主管做准备 |
[13:08] | On Friday when everybody watches the news. | 周五 大家看新闻的时候 |
[13:10] | Mac’s put it in the B block. | 麦肯会放在第二段 |
[13:13] | When I asked her what story | 我问她在她看来 |
[13:15] | she felt was going to trump the end of the world, | 什么报道才能比世界末日更吸引人时 |
[13:17] | she said, “I don’t know, but I’m sure something will come up.” | 她说”我不知道 但我敢肯定总会有的” |
[13:19] | So you want this to feel more like a Jim Harper segment | 所以你想让这篇报道更有吉姆·哈珀版块的感觉 |
[13:22] | and less like a Maggie Jordan segment? | 而不是玛姬·乔丹版块的感觉是吗 |
[13:25] | Just say yes. | 说没错 |
[13:26] | – Yes. – Have you marked this up? | -没错 -你标出重点了吗 |
[13:28] | Yeah. | 标了 |
[13:43] | There’s nothing unimportant in there. | 每句话都很重要 |
[13:44] | Then what was the point of highlighting it? | 那你为什么要标记出来 |
[13:46] | To amplify its importance. | 增强重要性 |
[13:47] | And how much time do we have | 我们有多长时间 |
[13:48] | to tell our audience about the end of the world? | 向我们的观众介绍世界末日的情况 |
[13:50] | – Four minutes and 10 seconds. – Who’s the interview with? | -4分10秒 -要采访谁 |
[13:52] | The Deputy Assistant Administrator of the EPA. | 环保局副助理主管 |
[13:55] | We can’t get the head of the EPA? | 我们请不到环保局局长吗 |
[13:56] | There is no head of the EPA. | 环保局没有局长 |
[13:57] | Tell me when you’re done reading the report | 你读完报告跟我说 |
[13:59] | – so I can explain it to you. – I’ll be able to understand it. | -我好跟你解释一下 -我自己能读懂 |
[14:01] | – Without Neal here to help? – I know how to use a dictionary. | -没有尼尔帮你也能吗 -我知道字典怎么用 |
[14:03] | Without Neal here to show you? | 没有尼尔教你也行吗 |
[14:04] | Looking forward to working with you. | 非常期待与你合作 |
[14:05] | I’m dreading it. Have a good day. | 我担心死了 祝你过得愉快 |
[14:09] | How’d you get the report? | 你怎么拿到这份报告的 |
[14:11] | Ahem, CO2 means two parts of oxygen for every one part of carbon. | 二氧化碳的意思是每个碳原子与两个氧原子相连 |
[14:14] | I know that. Wait– yeah, I know that. | 我知道 等等 对 这我知道 |
[14:20] | Yeah, I’ll let him know. Thanks. | 对 我会告诉他的 谢谢 |
[14:26] | Reese and Mrs. Lansing are on their way down to see you. | 里斯和兰辛太太要过来见你 |
[14:30] | – They’re coming down here? – Yeah. | -他们要来这里吗 -对 |
[14:33] | You sure they didn’t want me to come up there? | 你确定他们没让我过去吗 |
[14:35] | No, they’re on their way. | 没有 他们在过来 |
[14:39] | Everyone knows something’s going on. | 大家都知道出了状况 |
[14:40] | We just don’t know what. | 只是不知道具体是什么 |
[14:43] | Yeah, I know. | 是啊 我知道 |
[14:46] | Just show them in when they get here. | 他们到了直接带进来 |
[14:48] | They’re here. | 他们到了 |
[14:49] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[14:57] | Leona, I didn’t know you knew where my office was. | 莉安娜 没想到你还认识我的办公室 |
[15:02] | I followed Reese. | 里斯带的路 |
[15:03] | I’m assuming you didn’t come down to tell me | 我猜你不是来告诉我 |
[15:05] | you found $4 billion in the glove compartment. | 你在副驾驶储物箱里发现了40亿美元吧 |
[15:07] | Well, I tried. | 我还真找过 |
[15:09] | The glove compartment may be the only place I haven’t looked. | 储物箱可能是我唯一还没找的地方了 |
[15:11] | Where do you look for that kind of money, just out of curiosity? | 我只是好奇你要上哪儿找那么多钱 |
[15:14] | We offered shares to a special investor | 我们让一位特殊投资人 |
[15:16] | to buy up a portion of the company | 收购一定比例的公司股份 |
[15:17] | and dilute the ownership stake of the twins, | 稀释了双胞胎的股权比例 |
[15:19] | but we hit a roadblock with the board. | 但是我们在董事会碰到了麻烦 |
[15:22] | We thought about changing the bylaws, | 我们打算改变公司章程 |
[15:23] | but the lawyer said it wouldn’t hold. | 但律师说那样没用 |
[15:25] | We tried banks and hedge funds, | 我们尝试向银行和对冲基金求助 |
[15:27] | but they know we’re already too leveraged. | 但他们知道我们的负债率已经很高了 |
[15:28] | I have a $58 million Jackson Pollock, | 我有一幅价值5800万美元的杰克逊·波洛克的画 |
[15:30] | $140 million yacht. | 一亿四千万美元的游艇 |
[15:33] | It’s not nearly enough collateral. | 担保品还远远不够 |
[15:34] | Boy, listen closely, you can almost hear someone singing | 听好 你几乎都能听见有人唱 |
[15:37] | “Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?” | 兄弟 能给我一毛钱吗 |
[15:39] | – Yeah, I know. – I had a perfectly good idea. | -是 我知道 -我有个好主意 |
[15:41] | – No, you didn’t. – What was it? | -不 你没有 -什么主意 |
[15:43] | Poison them. Poison my half-brother and sister. | 毒死他们 毒死我同父异母的弟弟妹妹 |
[15:45] | Just go Shakespeare on their ass. | 上演莎士比亚的情节 |
[15:47] | – I know people, you know people. – I don’t know people. | -我认识人 你也认识人 -我不认识 |
[15:49] | All right, well, there’s no such thing as a bad idea. | 好吧 没有烂主意这说法哦 |
[15:51] | Yes, there is such a thing as a bad idea. | 有 有烂主意这个说法 |
[15:54] | Horizontal stripes. That. | 横纹衫和你那个主意都是 |
[15:56] | I think I know what’s coming. | 我想我知道该怎么办了 |
[15:58] | – Charlie. – Yeah? | -查理 -嗯 |
[15:59] | Randy and Blair, but especially Blair, and mostly Blair, | 兰迪和布莱尔 尤其布莱尔 主要是布莱尔 |
[16:02] | have to be stopped from selling their shares to Savannah. | 必须停止把他们的股份卖给萨凡纳 |
[16:05] | The only way to raise the money before they– | 唯一能及时筹钱的法子 |
[16:06] | is to spin off ACN. | 就是分拆ACN |
[16:15] | Yeah. | 对 |
[16:19] | The buyer is a man named Lucas Pruit. He’s 43 and lives– | 买家名叫卢卡斯·普鲁特 43岁 住在 |
[16:23] | In Palo Alto. No wife, no kids. | 帕洛阿尔托 没有妻儿 |
[16:25] | Stanford ’92. Harvard MBA. | 斯坦福92届学生 哈佛工商管理硕士 |
[16:27] | Goldman for five years as a tech analyst, | 在高盛做了五年技术分析师 |
[16:28] | then he left to start his own company. | 然后离职创办了自己的公司 |
[16:30] | Yeah, I don’t know what they do. | 嗯 我不知道他们做什么 |
[16:31] | They made a WiFi accelerator. | 他们制造了WiFi提速器 |
[16:33] | He’s the 1,398th richest person in the world. | 他是世界上排名第1398的富翁 |
[16:35] | Can I ask some questions? | 我能问个问题吗 |
[16:37] | – Did they try to dilute the twins’ ownership stake? – Yes. | -他们想稀释双胞胎的所有权股本 -是 |
[16:39] | – Changing the bylaws? – Lawyer said no. | -改变章程 -律师说不 |
[16:41] | Offering long-term contracts and platinum– | 提供长期合同和巨额销售量 |
[16:42] | They tried everything. | 他们想尽了办法 |
[16:44] | What about selling another division? Why us? | 卖别的部门不行吗 为什么选我们 |
[16:46] | Tax consequences. We were the right price. | 税收问题 我们身价不错 |
[16:48] | – And… – It’s a trophy sale. | -以及 -这是笔荣耀的生意 |
[16:50] | Yeah. Owning a news network’s | 对 拥有新闻网 |
[16:52] | cooler than owning a location detection software company. | 比拥有定位软件公司酷多了 |
[16:55] | Would you coven of knee-jerk, lefty bigots | 你能控制下膝跳反射和左撇子的偏执狂 |
[16:57] | not condemn the man until after he’s said hello? | 等他打完招呼再谴责他吗 |
[17:00] | I know he’s committed the unpardonable crime | 我知道他犯下了 |
[17:02] | of making a lot of money, | 挣钱太多的重罪 |
[17:02] | but perhaps in spite of his talent, hard work, | 可也许他除了有才华 努力 |
[17:04] | and enormous accomplishments, he’s still a decent guy. | 成就颇丰外 还很正派 |
[17:07] | Yeah, whose ideas are worth listening to. | 嗯 是值得听取意见的人 |
[17:10] | Yeah. Wait, what? | 嗯 等下 什么 |
[17:13] | – He has ideas? – Yeah. | -他有主意 -对 |
[17:16] | So here’s what I need us to do. | 所以我打算这么做 |
[17:17] | What you need us to do or what the Lansings need us to do? | 是你想让我们做还是兰辛想让我们做 |
[17:20] | At this moment, what the Lansings want is what I want. | 现在 兰辛想要的就是我想要的 |
[17:23] | They spent the last year doing nothing but standing by us | 他们去年除了支持我们没干别的 |
[17:26] | when it made a lot more sense to not. Not to. Not to stand by– | 虽然更应该不 不 不支持 |
[17:31] | to not stand by– | 支不持 |
[17:33] | I’m saying it would have made more sense… | 我是说不管我们 |
[17:34] | Find your way home. | 放轻松 |
[17:35] | – …to dump us. – I agree. | -更讲得通 -同意 |
[17:38] | And since the alternative to selling ACN to Pruit | 既然把ACN卖给普鲁特 |
[17:41] | is ACN being dissolved by Savannah Capital, | 能避免让萨凡纳资本分化ACN |
[17:44] | – we’re gonna love his ideas. – Sure. | -我们会喜欢他的主意 -当然 |
[17:46] | Saturday night at the Correspondents’ Dinner. | 周六晚上 记者晚宴 |
[17:49] | We’re not going to the Correspondents’ Dinner. | 我们不去记者晚宴 |
[17:50] | – We are now. – I can’t. | -现在我们得去 -我不能去 |
[17:52] | The Justice Department is Friday night | 司法部是周五晚上 |
[17:54] | and the Correspondents’ Dinner is Saturday. | 记者晚宴是周六 |
[17:56] | We can’t go because last year | 我们去不了是因为去年 |
[17:57] | he railed against the Correspondents’ Dinner | 他责骂了记者晚宴 |
[17:59] | and said we’d no longer be going. | 还说我们再也不去了 |
[18:01] | – Where? – To the Correspondents’ Dinner. | -哪儿 -记者晚宴 |
[18:03] | – Where did you rail against it? – On TV. | -你在哪儿骂的 -在电视上 |
[18:06] | – What network? – This one. My show. | -哪个电视台 -这个 我的节目 |
[18:09] | I think I remember now. | 我想我记起来了 |
[18:10] | “ACN won’t be attending | ACN不会出席 |
[18:13] | the Saturnalia of incestuous ingratiation”… | 乱伦狂欢的酒神节 |
[18:16] | – Oh, brother. – …”that does little to instill confidence | -大哥啊 -这个活动努力向大众灌输 |
[18:18] | in the public that the press isn’t ensorcelled by the powerful.” | 媒体并未被权力所迷惑的信心 但收效甚微 |
[18:22] | I think I was trying to quit smoking that week. | 我想那周我正试着戒烟 |
[18:24] | Well, don’t do that again, | 别再那么干了 |
[18:25] | ’cause that was some huckleberry-bad writing. | 写得太烂了 |
[18:27] | – What do you want us to do? – Go anyway. | -你想要我们怎么做 -怎样都得去 |
[18:29] | Yeah, you got to eat it. | 对 你得自食苦果 |
[18:31] | Hope nobody remembers your on-air | 希望没人记得你直播的那场 |
[18:33] | bacchanal of boisterous buffoonery | 聒噪打诨的酒神节 |
[18:35] | ’cause Pruit wants to meet you. | 因为普鲁特想见你 |
[18:38] | And Leona says he wants to be charmed. | 莉安娜说他要被惊艳到 |
[18:40] | – What do I do? – Be the charming one. | -我做什么 -你负责惊艳 |
[18:42] | – And what do you do? – Clean up when she goes berserk. | -你做什么 -她发飙时候负责善后 |
[18:46] | I do not go berserk, | 我才不发飙 |
[18:48] | you addle-minded bit of American tripe. | 你个昏聩的美国佬 |
[18:52] | This is a sad day for dignity. | 那天要体面可不容易 |
[18:55] | I’ll need a dress. | 我需要件裙子 |
[19:02] | This is the part I keep tripping on. | 这部分我总看不懂 |
[19:03] | – What’s that? – I’m still looking at your contract. | -什么 -我还在看你的合同 |
[19:07] | 45K. 45 large, my young friend. | 四万五 年轻人 |
[19:10] | 45 Grover Clevelands. | 45张格罗弗·克利夫兰 |
[19:12] | Grover Cleveland’s on the $1,000 bill? | 千元钞上有格罗弗·克利夫兰吗 |
[19:14] | Back when we printed them. | 过去印过 |
[19:15] | They’re not in circulation anymore, but imagine 45 of them. | 已经不流通了 但想象一下有45张 |
[19:17] | That’ll give you a sense of my annual salary beginning Monday. | 会让你以为我周一就发年度工资了 |
[19:20] | It’s not Jim Harper money, but it’ll pay the rent. | 不是吉姆·哈珀的钱 但够付房租了 |
[19:23] | As long as I don’t pay any other bills. | 只要我不再付其他账单 |
[19:24] | It’s more than 45 with the incentives. | 算上奖金有四万五千多 |
[19:26] | I know, but I’m not counting my chickens. | 我知道 但我不会蛋未孵前先数鸡 |
[19:29] | – Do you feel like– – Just my Clevelands. | -你觉得 -只数克利夫兰 |
[19:33] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[19:37] | – What were you gonna say? – Nothing. | -你想说什么 -没什么 |
[19:39] | – What? – The incentives. | -什么 -奖金 |
[19:42] | James, they’re not incentives, they’re bonuses. | 吉姆 那不是奖金 是津贴 |
[19:44] | – For page views. – Yeah. | -访问量的津贴 -是的 |
[19:46] | The more page views you get, the more money you’re paid. | 你的浏览量越大 得到的钱越多 |
[19:48] | Welcome to capitalism. We’re happy to have you. | 资本主义社会热情欢迎你的加入 |
[19:51] | They’re bonuses, they’re not incentives. | 那是津贴 不是奖金 |
[19:53] | – Hallie, look. – What? | -哈莉 听着 -什么 |
[19:54] | – If you’re okay with it, be okay with it. – I am. | -如果你觉得没事就没事 -我没事啊 |
[19:57] | If you were, then you wouldn’t need to call it something else. | 如果你真的没事 那你也不会给它起个名字 |
[19:59] | It says bonuses right there. | 那上面就写着奖励 |
[20:00] | I’m not the one calling it something else. | 又不是我起的名字 |
[20:02] | If you’re writing about a Cabinet Secretary | 如果你要写一则关于内阁部长 |
[20:04] | who testified in front of the House Oversight Committee, | 在众议院监督委员会前作证的报道的话 |
[20:06] | are you more likely to write about the content of the testimony | 你会更偏向于写证词的内容 |
[20:09] | or “Cabinet Secretary Blasts Darrell Issa”? | 还是说《内阁部长炮轰达雷尔·伊萨》 |
[20:13] | Your hero is Will McAvoy, right? | 你的偶像是威尔·麦卡沃伊吧 |
[20:14] | – He’s getting there. – Your hero is Ed Murrow, right? | -他还差一丁点 -你的偶像是爱德华.莫罗吧 |
[20:17] | – Yeah. – Will is paid millions of dollars a year | -没错 -威尔一年挣几百万 |
[20:20] | and Murrow was paid the equivalent of millions of dollars a year | 莫罗一年也有几百万的收入 |
[20:22] | for the same reason | 他们赚钱的理由跟 |
[20:23] | anyone in the private sector is paid anything– | 私营企业的人挣钱的理由一样 |
[20:25] | their ability to make money for other people. | 那就是他们为他人敛财的能力 |
[20:26] | Will doesn’t get paid per view or per story. | 威尔不是按报道或评论的点击量收钱的 |
[20:29] | That’s either heart-stopping naiveté or denial. | 你要么是很傻很天真 要么拒绝认清现实 |
[20:32] | Our rundown meetings don’t include | 咱们的台本讨论会可不包含 |
[20:33] | a discussion of what’s grabby. | 争论什么才是贪婪 |
[20:35] | And after a week of covering Boston, | 报道了一礼拜波士顿的事后 |
[20:36] | you’re now in fourth place. | 你现在都排第四了 |
[20:37] | And Charlie makes sure we don’t care. That’s my point. | 我的意思是查理确保了咱们不去理会这些 |
[20:40] | I understand how market forces work in the news, | 我理解市场力量在新闻中的作用 |
[20:42] | but journalists have always | 但是新闻记者一直 |
[20:43] | been the people pushing back against them. | 是在与其作斗争 |
[20:45] | And now you’re being incentivized to– | 现在你的动机… |
[20:46] | My incentives are no different | 我的动机和 |
[20:47] | than a reporter at “The New York Times.” | 《纽约时报》的记者的动机无异 |
[20:49] | If those reporters were | 要是那些记者 |
[20:50] | being paid per person reading their story, | 按照他们新闻的浏览量收钱的话 |
[20:51] | the front page of the “Times” would look a lot different. | 《时报》的首页估计会大不一样 |
[20:53] | And because it doesn’t look a lot different, | 就因为没有怎么不一样 |
[20:55] | there are a lot fewer people reading their stories. | 他们的读者才会越来越少 |
[20:56] | Who, Hallie, gives a genuine shit | 哈莉 如果报道的新闻是炒作 |
[20:59] | how many people are reading a story if the story is hyped? | 谁还在乎有多少人来看 |
[21:02] | Someone who gets paid per page view. | 只有那些凭浏览量收钱的人 |
[21:06] | Your confidence in my integrity | 你对我才能的信心 |
[21:08] | moves me in ways I don’t even know what to do. | 让我感动到不知道该干什么了 |
[21:10] | Don’t take this job. | 不要接这个工作 |
[21:11] | This is an exciting startup founded by people– | 这是个令人激动的新兴领域 由那些… |
[21:13] | Who are self-serving tools. | 自私的混蛋们兴起来的 |
[21:14] | That’s exactly what they say about you. | 他们也是这么形容你的 |
[21:16] | And you don’t think that has | 你不觉得这跟 |
[21:17] | something to do with why they want to hire you? | 他们会雇用你有点关系吗 |
[21:19] | Hmm? Someone who just got fired from ACN | 你可刚因为在推特上发了个刻薄的笑话 |
[21:21] | for tweeting a snarky joke? | 而被ACN解雇 |
[21:22] | I think my talent has | 我觉得他们会雇佣我 |
[21:23] | something to do with why they want to hire me. | 跟我自己本身的才能有关系 |
[21:25] | Of course your talent is why they want to hire you, | 你的才能当然是他们雇佣你的原因 |
[21:27] | but are you the only talented person that they interviewed? | 但难道你是他们面试过唯一有才能的人吗 |
[21:29] | I’m the most talented person that they interviewed. | 我是他们面试过的最有才能的人 |
[21:31] | – I believe that. – You believe they want to hire me | -我相信你 -你相信他们会雇我 |
[21:33] | because I have an ax to grind with ACN, | 是因为我跟ACN之间有恩怨 |
[21:35] | which, for the 100th time, I do not. | 但我已经说了一百遍了 我没有 |
[21:40] | You know a lot of things, Hallie, because of me. | 哈莉 因为我的关系你知道很多内情 |
[21:44] | You know a lot about Genoa. | 你知道”热那亚”的很多事 |
[21:45] | You know a lot about private behavior in the newsroom. | 你知道新闻编辑室的很多私人行为 |
[21:47] | – Look– – And you know some things about Neal. | -听着 -你也知道尼尔的一些事 |
[21:51] | Not everything, but you know some things. | 虽然不是全知道 但你知道一些 |
[21:55] | And it’s really dangerous. | 这真的很危险 |
[22:04] | You think I’d tell secrets? | 你觉得我会把秘密泄露出去吗 |
[22:06] | Things you’ve told me in this room? | 你跟我在这个房间里说过的那些 |
[22:08] | What’s your bonus again? | 你的奖金是什么来着 |
[22:11] | – Holy shit. – I was kidding. | -我的天 -我开玩笑的 |
[22:13] | The only way for you to get out of this conversation alive | 你要是想活着结束这次谈话 |
[22:15] | is to roll over, turn off the light, and go to sleep. | 就把灯关了翻个身睡觉 |
[22:18] | – I was kidding. – Do what I said. | -我是开玩笑的 -照我说的做 |
[22:22] | We’re not supposed to go to bed mad. | 我们不能发着疯睡觉 |
[22:24] | Honey, it would take a Bradley Fighting Vehicle | 亲爱的 你得开着布莱德里战车才能 |
[22:26] | to move me to mad from my current level of furious. | 让我从现在的愤怒升级到发疯的级别上 |
[22:29] | So turn off the fucking light, go to sleep, | 所以把那该死的灯关上 |
[22:30] | and we’ll try this again tomorrow. | 咱们明天再讨论这事 |
[22:33] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[22:35] | Don’t go to sleep. We’re gonna talk about this. | 别睡 咱们来好好谈谈 |
[22:36] | Okay. | 好的 |
[22:57] | They should be here any second. | 他们应该马上就到了 |
[23:01] | You’re the first person I’ve ever met named Wyatt. | 我第一次碰到取名叫怀亚特的人 |
[23:03] | It’s a family name. | 那是我的姓氏 |
[23:08] | How’d you like to have Earp as a last name? | 你有没有考虑过用厄普当姓 |
[23:10] | That had to be tough on the playground, hmm? | 估计会让你显得特别有范儿 是吧 |
[23:12] | Maybe that’s how he got so tough. | 说不定这就是他这么有范儿的原因啊 |
[23:15] | Am I making you nervous? | 我是不是让你很紧张 |
[23:18] | No. | 没有啊 |
[23:19] | Sometimes people get nervous around HR. | 有些人在人力资源部的人面前特别紧张 |
[23:21] | I don’t get nervous. You know who gets nervous? | 我才不紧张呢 你知道谁会紧张吗 |
[23:23] | Criminals. | 罪犯 |
[23:25] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[23:29] | Gary Cooper, Alex Thacker, this is Wyatt Geary | 格雷·库珀 亚历克斯·查克 这位是怀亚特·吉里 |
[23:31] | and he is the new VP of Human Resources for AWM. | 他是AWM负责人力资源的新副总裁 |
[23:34] | – Please have a seat. – There are no chairs left. | -请坐 -没空椅子了 |
[23:36] | Alex, HR received a complaint from you. | 亚历克斯 人力资源部接到你的投诉 |
[23:38] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[23:39] | And it was kicked down the chain from Charlie to Mac to me. | 这事被踢给查理再到麦肯最后给我 |
[23:41] | So why don’t you tell us what happened? | 你来说说到底发生了什么吧 |
[23:43] | It’s in the report I wrote that’s in front of you. | 你面前我写的报告里就有 |
[23:46] | Yes, I want them to tell me in their own words. | 我知道 我希望他们能亲口告诉我 |
[23:48] | – Don, it’s really nothing. – I have no doubt. | -唐 其实没什么 -我也觉得 |
[23:50] | – It’s not nothing. – Okay. | -不是没什么 -好吧 |
[23:52] | You asked for 20 seconds of copy for Elliot | 你要求给埃利奥特一份20秒的有关 |
[23:54] | on Justin Bieber visiting Anne Frank’s house. | 贾斯汀·比伯拜访安妮·弗兰克的房子的报道 |
[23:56] | Why, you know, in the world would I do that? | 我什么要干这种事 |
[23:59] | Because Bieber signed the guestbook on his way out | 因为比伯在来访记录本上签名 |
[24:00] | and wrote “Hopefully she would have been a Belieber.” | 还写道”希望她是个比伯粉” |
[24:02] | And then you and Elliot got drunk and | 然后你和埃利奥喝醉了 |
[24:04] | you told him you’d give him $100 | 你告诉他要是他能用正常的语气 |
[24:05] | if he could read the story off the prompter without laughing. | 把这报道读得不好笑就给他100块 |
[24:08] | Once again, this is the new HR rep for our parent company. | 再说一遍 这是咱们总公司的人力资源代表 |
[24:10] | The copy should have been assigned to me, | 那份稿件应该让我写 |
[24:12] | but Gary assigned it to Stacey. | 但是格雷把它给了史黛丝 |
[24:13] | Once I give it to Gary, Gary gets to make that call. | 我一给格雷 他就打电话了 |
[24:15] | Based on merit, not based on who | 这应该基于个人能力 而不是基于 |
[24:16] | he prefers to sleep with at any particular moment. | 他那时候喜欢跟谁上床 |
[24:19] | I’m not sleeping and I’ve never slept with Stacey. | 我没睡觉 而且我从没睡过史黛丝 |
[24:20] | That may or may not be, but probably is a lie. | 谁知道是真是假 说不定是假的 |
[24:23] | What we know for sure is Gary flirted with me, | 但可以确定的是格雷跟我调情 |
[24:25] | hit on me, took me out five times, slept with me twice, | 挑逗我 跟我约会了五次 睡了两次 |
[24:28] | and then dumped me in a pile with | 然后就把我丢到了 |
[24:28] | the rest of the staffers he’s used for his pleasure. | 他之前寻欢的那堆员工中 |
[24:31] | I can’t emphasize this enough– this is the new HR rep. | 我不能说的更清楚了 这是新人资代表 |
[24:34] | And I’m fine with all of that. | 但这些我都接受 |
[24:35] | – So we’re cool. – No. | -这么说没事了 -不 |
[24:36] | What I am not fine with is | 我不能接受的是 |
[24:37] | being passed over for an assignment at work | 因为我个人生活中糟糕的判断 |
[24:39] | because I exercised poor judgment in my personal life. | 而导致了自己在工作任务上被忽视 |
[24:41] | I gave it to her because she’s better at this kind of thing. | 我给她是因为她在这种事上更擅长 |
[24:43] | What kind of thing? | 什么样的事情 |
[24:45] | The intersection of pop culture and the Holocaust. | 流行文化和大屠杀的交叉新闻 |
[24:48] | – That might sound crazy. – It did. | -这可能听起来很疯狂 -确实 |
[24:49] | Look, I’ve gone out with several of the women in this building. | 我跟这栋建筑中的很多女性都约会过 |
[24:52] | Maybe you don’t understand what HR does. | 或许你不知道人资是干什么的 |
[24:54] | You’re saying Stacey is a better writer than I am? | 你是说史黛丝在撰稿方面比我更好 |
[24:56] | – She’s a different writer than you. – Different? | -她是个不同的撰稿人 -不同的 |
[24:58] | Like I’m tired of this one, so I’ll try a different one? | 就好像我对这个烦了 就换个不同的 |
[25:00] | I told Gary to give it to Stacey, all right? | 是我让格雷给史黛丝的 好吗 |
[25:02] | He is covering for me. | 他这是在替我打掩护 |
[25:03] | I told him to give it to her | 我让他把新闻交给她 |
[25:04] | because she is a better writer than you are. | 是因为她在撰稿方面比你更好 |
[25:07] | Well, what am I supposed to do? | 那我应该怎么做 |
[25:09] | Write better. | 下次写好些 |
[25:11] | That’s it. Thank you both. | 就这样吧 谢谢你们 |
[25:13] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[25:20] | All right. Close the books on that one. | 好了 算是把这事解决了 |
[25:24] | Fraternization between superiors and subordinates | 上级和下级之间的深交 |
[25:26] | exposes the company to all kinds of problems, | 会让公司面对各种问题 |
[25:28] | including the one you just saw. | 包括你刚才见到的这个 |
[25:30] | And we don’t tolerate it. | 所以我们不允许啊 |
[25:31] | – You’re the EP of the 10:00 hour. – I am. | -你是十点档新闻的制片人 -对 |
[25:34] | – Which is sometimes anchored by Sloan Sabbith. – Yes. | -斯隆·莎碧斯有时候会主持 -对 |
[25:37] | So if you and Sloan Sabbith were in a relationship, | 所以如果你和斯隆·莎碧斯在谈恋爱 |
[25:41] | there’s a chance we’d have | 说不定我们就要 |
[25:42] | to move one of you to a different bureau. | 把你们中的一个调到别的部门了 |
[25:43] | – DC or LA. – Yeah, but we’re not. | -华盛顿或洛杉矶 -对 但我们没有 |
[25:47] | – Are you sure about that? – Am I sure? | -你确定吗 -我确定吗 |
[25:48] | – Yes. – Yes. | -对 -确定 |
[25:49] | Because then lying about it would make it worse. | 因为撒谎的结果只能更糟 |
[25:57] | I can see that. | 我明白 |
[25:59] | My predecessor was pretty relaxed about this kind of thing. | 我的前任对这种事太过放松 |
[26:02] | And we’re already in a | 而且因为威尔 |
[26:02] | tricky spot with Will McAvoy marrying his EP. | 和他的制片人结婚 我们就很尴尬了 |
[26:05] | But no one’s gonna mess with Will, | 但是没人会去管威尔 |
[26:07] | so I guess my point is if you’re going to date a subordinate, | 所以我的意思是如果你要和下级约会 |
[26:11] | you better have stronger ratings. | 你的收视率最好高一点 |
[26:14] | I don’t see our ratings going up any time soon, | 我们的收视率最近是不会上升了 |
[26:16] | so I guess I’ll just keep the company directory in the drawer. | 所以我还是把公司目录放抽屉里吧 |
[26:18] | – Okay. – Okay. | -对的 -好的 |
[26:20] | Can you tell me how to get to Sloan Sabbith’s office? | 能告诉我怎么去斯隆·莎碧斯的办公室吗 |
[26:22] | Back to the elevators and it’s on 22. | 走电梯 22楼 |
[26:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[26:27] | Welcome to the company. | 欢迎来到公司 |
[26:53] | We’re not dating. | 我们没有约会 |
[26:56] | Okay. | 好 |
[27:05] | “What forms of alternative energy are real options | “什么样的能源是替代煤和汽油的 |
[27:08] | to replace coal and gasoline, and why are they taking so long | 最佳选择 为什么这么长时间 |
[27:11] | to assume sizable parts of the marketplace?” | 都没有取得可观的市场份额” |
[27:13] | – Great question. – Yeah, you wrote it. | -好问题 -对 是你写的 |
[27:15] | I thought the idea was to figure out a way | 我以为我们本来要找到一个方法 |
[27:17] | to capture people’s attention with the report | 让人们对这份报告 |
[27:19] | and the interview with the head of the EPA. | 和对环保局负责人的访谈感兴趣 |
[27:21] | You said he was the Deputy Assistant Administrator of the EPA. | 你说他是环保局的副助理主管 |
[27:23] | So let’s be sure we identify him, you know, right. | 所以我们要确定认对人 |
[27:27] | Yeah, but I think that’s the least of our problems. | 好吧 但我觉得这应该最不重要的问题 |
[27:29] | No, it’s not. It’s just the first of our problems. | 不 这是我们第一个要考虑的 |
[27:31] | And I’m saying the guy has | 我是说这个人 |
[27:31] | a job and a title and can we not hype it up? | 有工作和职位 我们能不能别夸大宣传 |
[27:34] | I have confidence in the graphic, but where I need your help– | 我对如何宣传有自信 但我需要你帮忙 |
[27:36] | is in hyping it up. | 就是在夸大宣传上面 |
[27:37] | The air has a very dangerous level of poison gas in it. | 空气中有种很危险的毒气 |
[27:40] | Why do we have to write Will questions like it’s a sex test | 为什么我们要把威尔的问题写成性测试 |
[27:43] | in “Sex,” You know, “Magazine” or something? | 就像在”性爱杂志”或者别的那种 |
[27:46] | – “Sex Magazine”? – Yeah, I couldn’t think of a real– | -“性爱杂志” -对 我想不起来 |
[27:47] | We’ve switched sides. | 我们观点已经相反了 |
[27:49] | Yesterday you told me I was boring you. | 昨天你告诉我你觉得我很无聊 |
[27:51] | I was wrong. | 我错了 |
[27:52] | “China’s demand for coal is increasing | “随着中国城镇化和工业化的进程 |
[27:54] | as it continues to urbanize and industrialize, | 中国对煤矿的需求会不断增长 |
[27:57] | but so has its demand for solar power and wind energy.” | 包括其对太阳能和风能的需求也会增长” |
[28:00] | – That isn’t even a question. – No, look. | -这都不算个问题 -不 你看 |
[28:02] | “Your thoughts?” | “你的想法是” |
[28:03] | I want to hear his thoughts. | 我想听听他的想法 |
[28:06] | I came over and told you about the EPA report | 我来是告诉你关于这个环保局的报告 |
[28:08] | – and the interview Friday with Richard Westbrook. – Yeah. | -还有周五和理查德·维斯布鲁克的访谈 -对 |
[28:11] | You told me I was boring you. | 你告诉我我让你觉得很无聊 |
[28:12] | I asked for help. You gloated. | 我来找你帮忙 你还幸灾乐祸 |
[28:14] | And then what? | 然后呢 |
[28:18] | Did you know there are online news outlets | 你知道有网上的新闻机构 |
[28:20] | that offer bonuses to their reporters for page views? | 会按照页面访问量给记者奖金吗 |
[28:24] | – Yes. – I didn’t know that. | -知道 -我都不知道 |
[28:26] | That’s because you live in the time of King Arthur | 那是因为你和唐 威尔 查理 |
[28:28] | along with Don, Will, and Charlie. | 都活着亚瑟王时代 |
[28:30] | I don’t live in the time of King Arthur. | 我才没有活在亚瑟王时代 |
[28:31] | You live in the time of King Arthur. | 你明明就是 |
[28:32] | You don’t see an immediate danger | 你没有发现掏钱看 |
[28:33] | in offering cash for trash on a news site? | 网站中的垃圾的紧迫危险吗 |
[28:37] | I understand. | 我明白了 |
[28:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[28:39] | You were a dick to Hallie. | 你对哈莉犯浑了 |
[28:42] | – No, I wasn’t. – Tiny bit dicky? | -我没有 -犯了一点点浑 |
[28:44] | What am I supposed to say when she comes home | 当她拿着一个叫”肉食动物”网站 |
[28:46] | with a contract for a job | 和她签订的工作合同回家时 |
[28:48] | at a new website called “Carnivore”? | 我应该怎么做 |
[28:48] | “Congratulations.” | “祝贺你” |
[28:50] | I said congratulations. I supported her ass off. | 我说了啊 我完全支持她 |
[28:52] | – And then? – I saw the contract. | -然后呢 -我看见了合同 |
[28:53] | – And you were a dick. – I wasn’t. | -然后你就变成混蛋了 -我没有 |
[28:55] | A little bit Dickensian in your special way | 用你特殊的略带狄更斯味道的话 |
[28:57] | that says, “I love you, but you suck.” | 说道 “我爱你 但你太差劲了” |
[29:00] | She got fired. She was humiliated. | 她被炒了 被羞辱了 |
[29:03] | And I’m sure you were there for her, | 我知道你一直支持她 |
[29:04] | but I’m also 100% certain | 不过我也百分百确定 |
[29:07] | there was something in your voice that said, “You deserved it.” | 你的腔调听着像在说 “你活该” |
[29:15] | Ahem, I don’t want what I’m about to say | 我希望你不要以为我接下来要说的话 |
[29:16] | to be misconstrued as agreeing with you, | 是在同意你的观点 |
[29:18] | but I’ll try to be conscious of that and do better. | 不过我会记住这点 努力做得更好 |
[29:24] | Good. | 很好 |
[29:26] | Who are you bringing to the Correspondents’ Dinner? | 你带谁去记者晚宴 |
[29:28] | I met a really nice guy on the train back from Boston. | 从波士顿回来的火车上我遇到一个很好的人 |
[29:31] | Guess what he teaches at Fordham Law School. | 猜猜他在福特汉姆法学院教什么 |
[29:33] | – What? – Ethics. | -什么 -伦理 |
[29:36] | Leave it to you to find the only person in the world | 只有你才能找到全世界唯一那个 |
[29:37] | who can make money being ethical. | 靠伦理挣钱的人 |
[29:39] | I know. | 我知道 |
[29:42] | How did you get the EPA report and the exclusive interview? | 你怎么得到环保署报告和独家专访的 |
[30:05] | This was really the best place to meet? | 这里真的适合见面吗 |
[30:07] | – Yeah. Were you followed? – No. | -对 你被跟踪了吗 -没有 |
[30:09] | – You were followed. – By who? | -你被跟踪了 -是谁 |
[30:11] | Me, just to show you that I can. | 我 就想让你知道我能 |
[30:13] | Just stand up a second. | 站起来一下 |
[30:15] | You asked for the meeting. | 是你要见面的 |
[30:17] | Please. | 请站起来 |
[30:24] | We’ve known each other since we were too young to rent a car. | 我们小时候 还不能租车时就认识了 |
[30:27] | That’s the only reason I’m here. | 所以我才会来这 |
[30:31] | If anyone knew I was, | 如果有人知道了 |
[30:32] | I’d be asked to hand over my badge and my gun | 我就得上交警徽和佩枪 |
[30:35] | and I would never in my life be able to get a job | 我这辈子也再得不到 |
[30:37] | that required trustworthiness. | 需要可信度的工作 |
[30:39] | Can you think of a job that doesn’t? | 你能想出不需要可信度的工作吗 |
[30:42] | – No. – So there we are. | -不能 -所以我们在这见面 |
[30:46] | We found some compelling evidence on Neal’s hard drive | 我们在尼尔的硬盘上找到了有力证据 |
[30:49] | that he helped his source transfer the docs from the SIPRNet. | 证明他帮助线人从密协路由网传输文件 |
[30:56] | How compelling? | 多有力 |
[30:59] | If you’re able to contact him– | 如果你能联系上他 |
[31:01] | I don’t know if you are– | 我不知道你能不能做到 |
[31:04] | but if someone is able to contact him, | 如果有人能联系上他 |
[31:06] | they should tell him to come in. | 应该劝他来自首 |
[31:09] | He needs a lawyer and he needs to cooperate. | 他需要律师 需要合作 |
[31:13] | To commit the crime you’re suggesting, | 要承认你所说的罪行 |
[31:15] | Neal would have had to have had knowledge he was committing a crime, | 尼尔需要知道他当时是在犯罪 |
[31:18] | knowledge he couldn’t possibly have had | 可线人联系他时 |
[31:20] | when the source contacted him. | 他根本不知道 |
[31:22] | A reporter you’d be willing to work with | 一个你愿意与之共事的记者 |
[31:23] | can’t tell the difference between a credible source and a fugazi? | 分不清可靠线人和假消息吗 |
[31:26] | Yes, I’d be willing to work with Dan Rather and CBS News. | 我们也会和CBS新闻的丹·拉瑟合作 |
[31:29] | We don’t want Neal. | 我们不想抓尼尔 |
[31:31] | We want– we have to have his source. | 我们想 我们必须知道他的线人 |
[31:37] | This is a bad guy. | 他是个坏家伙 |
[31:39] | And what are you gonna do to Neal to get his name? | 你们要怎么让尼尔说出名字来 |
[31:42] | We’re not gonna throw a bag over his head. | 我们不会对他严刑逼供的 |
[31:44] | But you are gonna threaten | 不过你们会用 |
[31:45] | him with conspiracy to commit espionage. | 间谍罪共犯来威胁他 |
[31:47] | It’s not gonna be an idle threat. | 这种威胁并非空穴来风 |
[31:49] | Our experts were very impressed | 我们的审问专家经验丰富 |
[31:51] | with his technical sophistication. | 技巧娴熟 |
[31:54] | You can bring him in | 你可以带他自首 |
[31:56] | or we can kick his door down. | 或者我们踢破他的门 |
[32:07] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[32:11] | You know you just revealed to me | 明不明白你刚告诉我 |
[32:12] | that you knew he helped with the document transfer. | 你知道他帮助了传输文件 |
[32:15] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[32:18] | Trust. | 信任 |
[32:42] | Thanks for meeting me so late. | 谢谢这么晚来见我 |
[32:44] | What’s going on? | 出什么事了 |
[32:48] | I want to ask you something and I want you to tell me the truth, | 我要问你们点事 你们要实话实说 |
[32:51] | but I don’t want you to tell me any more than you’re asked. | 不过我没问的不要答 |
[32:58] | All right. | 没问题 |
[33:01] | Is anyone in touch with Neal? | 你们有人联系过尼尔吗 |
[33:04] | Through an uncle who talks to his cousin? Anything? | 通过远房亲戚之类的 |
[33:14] | Yes, somebody’s in touch with Neal. | 是的 有人和尼尔有联系 |
[33:17] | Get a message to him to come in. | 给他传个信 让他来自首 |
[33:21] | Friday night in DC at Main Justice. | 周五华盛顿司法部总部 |
[33:23] | He’ll have immunity at the meeting. | 会上他有豁免权 |
[33:26] | What about after the meeting? | 会后呢 |
[33:31] | No reporter’s ever been charged under the Espionage Act. | 从未有记者因违《反间谍法》被起诉 |
[33:45] | All right. | 知道了 |
[33:50] | Okay. | 好了 |
[34:01] | Anzar Tsarnaev, the father of… | 安扎尔 察尔纳耶夫 作为凶手的父亲… |
[34:03] | – Stand by, G7 and 7A. – Standing. | -准备 G7和7A -准备中 |
[34:05] | will be traveling from Russia to the US this week. | 本周将从俄罗斯来到美国 |
[34:08] | Meanwhile, Jahar remains hospitalized | 同时 焦哈尔仍在住院 |
[34:09] | – and no date yet has been set for his arraignment. – Go 7. | -传讯时间依然未定 -进七号带 |
[34:13] | Today the federal government released a startling finding | 今天联邦政府公布了一项令人震惊的发现 |
[34:15] | on the level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. | 事关大气中二氧化碳含量 |
[34:18] | We’ll have EPA Deputy Assistant Administrator Richard… | 我们会采访环保署的副助理主管理查德 |
[34:20] | – Ready SOT-4. – Ready. | -四号新闻带预备 -预备好 |
[34:22] | But first, ACN’s Maggie jordan | 不过首先 ACN的玛姬·乔丹 |
[34:24] | – filed this report. – Go SOT-4. | -带来以下报道 -进四号新闻带 |
[34:25] | A grave warning today from scientists | 从美国国家大气和海洋管理局 |
[34:27] | at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. | 今天科学家带来了一则严正警告 |
[34:30] | The world has passed a long-feared milestone. | 二氧化碳浓度严重超标 |
[34:34] | – Mr. Westbrook? – Yeah. | -威斯布鲁克先生 -是我 |
[34:36] | I’ll take you to the studio now. | 我带你进直播间 |
[34:38] | Okay. | 好的 |
[34:40] | reaching a concentration not seen on the Earth | 二氧化碳在地球大气中的浓度 |
[34:42] | for millions of years. | 为几百万年未见 |
[34:44] | Scientists took this reading… | 科学家认为这个浓度 |
[34:47] | Will, we’re running light. | 威尔 我们时间不够了 |
[34:48] | – Can you tease the interview out another 40 seconds? – Yeah. | -你能把采访缩短四十秒吗 -知道 |
[34:53] | 30 seconds. | 三十秒倒数 |
[34:56] | – How are you? I’m Will. – Nice to meet you. | -你好吗 我是威尔 -很高兴见到你 |
[34:58] | So there won’t be any hard questions. | 不会有很难的问题 |
[35:00] | I’m just gonna ask you to expand on the report. | 只是让你详细解释一下报告 |
[35:02] | Pretend you’re an expert witness and I’m your lawyer. | 就像你是专家证人 我是你的律师 |
[35:04] | – Sounds good. – In 10. | -没问题 -十秒倒数 |
[35:05] | Here we go. – Stand by, camera one. | -准备开始 -一号机准备 |
[35:07] | the 450 parts per million will soon be crossed. | 很快会超过百万分之450 |
[35:10] | The question remains, how will we respond? | 问题在于 我们该如何应对 |
[35:14] | And joining us now in studio is Richard Westbrook, | 现加入我们的是环保署的副助理主管 |
[35:16] | Deputy Assistant Administrator of the EPA. | 理查德·维斯布鲁克先生 |
[35:19] | – Welcome. – Thank you. | -欢迎你 -谢谢 |
[35:20] | Mr. Westbrook, you’ve spent most of your professional career | 维斯布鲁克先生 你大部分的职业生涯 |
[35:22] | as a climate scientist in the public sector. | 都是一名为公共事业服务的气象学家 |
[35:25] | Yes, 10 years as a supervisory management analyst | 是的 我在环境信息办公室 |
[35:28] | in the Office of Environmental Information. | 担任监督管理分析师已有十年 |
[35:30] | And before that, I was a program specialist | 而在此之前 我曾是环保署 |
[35:33] | in the EPA’s Resource Management Division. | 资源管理部门的一位项目专家 |
[35:35] | And you have a PhD in climate science from Stanford. | 而且你还有斯坦福大学的气候学博士学位 |
[35:37] | Yes, and another in chemistry with a masters in biology. | 是的 以及化学博士学位和生物学硕士学位 |
[35:40] | Okay. Tell us about the | 好的 和我们说说 |
[35:41] | findings in the report that was just released. | 这份刚公布报告里的发现 |
[35:43] | The latest measurements taken at Mauna Loa in Hawaii | 最近在夏威夷莫纳罗亚山的测量数据 |
[35:47] | indicate a CO2 level of 400 parts per million. | 指出二氧化碳浓度为百万分之400 |
[35:51] | Just so we know what we’re talking about, | 根据我们刚才所说的 |
[35:52] | if you were a doctor and we were the patient, | 假如你是医生 而我们是病患 |
[35:55] | what’s your prognosis? 1,000 years? 2,000 years? | 你预测还有多久 一千年吗 还是两千年 |
[35:58] | A person has already been born who will die | 现在活着的人正面临 |
[36:00] | due to catastrophic failure of the planet. | 地球灾害的死亡威胁 |
[36:05] | What did he just say? | 他刚才说了什么 |
[36:08] | Okay, can you expand on that? | 能详细解说一下吗 |
[36:10] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[36:12] | The last time there was this much CO2 in the air, | 在上次空气中二氧化碳浓度达到这么高时 |
[36:15] | the oceans were 80 feet higher than they are now. | 海平面比现如今高出了24米 |
[36:18] | Two things you should know– half the world’s population | 你需要了解两件事 世界上一半人口 |
[36:21] | lives within 120 miles of an ocean. | 居住在离海岸线120英里范围内 |
[36:24] | – And the other? – Humans can’t breathe under water. | -另外一件呢 -人是无法在水下呼吸的 |
[36:27] | You’re saying the situation’s dire? | 你是说情况已经非常危急了对吗 |
[36:29] | Not exactly. | 并不全是 |
[36:32] | Your house is burning to the ground, the situation’s dire. | 如果房子正在着火 说明情况危急 |
[36:34] | Your house has already | 但如果你的房子已经 |
[36:36] | burned to the ground, the situation’s over. | 被烧成了灰 那么一切就结束了 |
[36:38] | So what can we do to reverse this? | 那我们该怎么去扭转这个局面 |
[36:41] | – There’s a lot we could do. – Good. | -我们可以做很多事情 -那就好 |
[36:42] | If it were 20 years ago or even 10 years ago. | 但只限于二十年年前甚至十年前 |
[36:45] | But now… no. | 现在为时已晚 |
[36:49] | Can you make an analogy that might help us understand? | 你能打个比方来帮我们理解一下这话吗 |
[36:52] | Sure. It’s as if you’re sitting in your car | 好的 就像是你坐在车内 |
[36:56] | in your garage with the engine running and the door closed | 而车被关在车库 车引擎还在运转 |
[36:59] | and you’ve slipped into unconsciousness. | 接着你会渐渐陷入昏迷 |
[37:02] | And that– that’s it. | 接着 就没有然后了 |
[37:05] | What if someone comes and opens the door? | 要是能有人过来打开车库门呢 |
[37:07] | – You’re already dead. – What if the person got there in time? | -但你已经死了 -若对方能及时赶到呢 |
[37:10] | – You’d be saved. – Okay. | -那就得救了 -好吧 |
[37:12] | So now what’s the CO2 equivalent of the getting there on time? | 那如何用这个比喻来说明二氧化碳的问题呢 |
[37:16] | Shutting off the car 20 years ago. | 在二十年前关掉引擎 |
[37:20] | You sound like you’re saying it’s hopeless. | 你的意思是已经没救了吗 |
[37:22] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[37:24] | Is that the administration’s position or yours? | 这是环保署官方结论还是你个人看法 |
[37:26] | There isn’t a position on this any more than | 这已经不是哪方面的看法了 |
[37:28] | there’s a position on the temperature at which water boils. | 就跟水的沸点一样是不争的事实 |
[37:33] | The administration– let me try to– your administration… | 那么环保署 或者说你所在的机构 |
[37:36] | And don’t forget I need you to stretch 40. | 别忘了我们要拖延出40秒 |
[37:38] | …clean coal, nuclear power, | 清洁燃煤 核能 |
[37:40] | raising fuel economy standards | 提高了燃料经济标准 |
[37:42] | and building a more efficient electrical grid. | 创造了一个更高效的输电网络 |
[37:44] | – Yes. – And? | -是的 -还有吗 |
[37:46] | That would have been great. | 早那么做就好了 |
[37:49] | Let’s see if we can’t find a better spin. | 让我们看看能不能换个角度 |
[37:51] | People are starting their weekends. | 毕竟大家都准备要过周末了 |
[37:52] | The report says we can release 565 more gigatons of CO2 | 报告称 我们在不造成破坏的情况下 |
[37:57] | without the effects being calamitous. | 还能被允许排放565千兆吨的二氧化碳 |
[37:59] | It says we can only release 565 gigatons. | 意思是我们只能排放565千兆吨 |
[38:01] | So, what if we only release 564? | 要是我们只排放了564千兆吨呢 |
[38:03] | Well, then we would have a reasonable shot at some form | 那说不定能在 |
[38:06] | of dystopian, post-apocalyptic life. | 浩劫之后有一线生机 |
[38:08] | But the carbon dioxide in the oil | 但在我们现有的石油中 |
[38:11] | that we’ve already leased is 2,795 gigatons. | 已经有2795千兆吨的排放量了 |
[38:16] | So… | 所以 |
[38:20] | What would all this look like? | 这会造成什么情况 |
[38:21] | Well, mass migrations, food and water shortages, | 造成大型人口迁移 食物和水的短缺 |
[38:25] | spread of deadly disease, endless wildfires. | 致命疾病的传播 以及烧不尽的野火 |
[38:28] | Way too many to keep under control. | 太多状况了 是人力无法控制的 |
[38:31] | Storms that have the power to level cities, | 风暴会席卷平原城市 |
[38:34] | blacken out the sky, and create permanent darkness. | 天空变黑 形成永久性的黑暗 |
[38:38] | Are you gonna get in trouble for saying this publically? | 你公开发表这样的说辞不会有麻烦吗 |
[38:41] | Who cares? | 谁会在乎 |
[38:42] | Mr. Westbrook, we want to inform people, | 维斯布鲁克先生 我们想告诉人们真相 |
[38:44] | but we don’t want to alarm them. | 但不是去过度警醒造成恐慌 |
[38:46] | Can you give us a reason to be optimistic? | 你能给我们一个乐观的理由吗 |
[38:50] | Well, that’s the thing, Will. | 事情是这样的 威尔 |
[38:50] | Americans are optimistic by nature. | 美国人民生性乐观 |
[38:53] | And if we face this problem head on, | 假如我们能正面问题 |
[38:57] | if we listen to our best scientists, | 如果我们听取最顶尖科学家的意见 |
[38:59] | and act decisively and passionately, | 并且果断积极地采取措施 |
[39:04] | I still don’t see any way we can survive. | 我还是不认为我们有生存的可能 |
[39:05] | Okay, Richard Westbrook, | 好的 以上来自理查德·维斯布鲁克 |
[39:07] | Deputy Assistant Administrator of the EPA. | 环保署的副助理主管 |
[39:09] | – Thank you for joining us. – Thanks for having me. | -感谢你能加入我们 -多谢邀请 |
[39:11] | This is “News Night.” We’ll be back right after this. | 这里是《晚间新闻》 我们稍后回来 |
[39:14] | Herb? | 赫布 |
[39:16] | Yeah, yeah. We’re out. | 好的 切断信号 |
[39:34] | Is this a tactic, making us wait? | 让我们这么等着算是什么策略吗 |
[39:37] | Have you done this? | 你以前干过这事吗 |
[39:39] | Look, US, US, US, US. | 看 美国 美国 美国还是美国 |
[39:43] | We’re on the same team. | 我们都是一条阵线的 |
[39:46] | But, yes, it’s a tactic. | 但你说得对 这是一种策略 |
[39:49] | When we meet Pruit tomorrow night, let’s not mention this. | 明晚见普鲁伊特时 别提这件事 |
[39:52] | He’s gonna find out sooner or later. | 他迟早会发现的 |
[39:53] | I want it to be later, after his check clears. | 那就迟点 等他结清支票后再说 |
[40:07] | – Maybe he’s– – Don’t get up. | -说不定他 -别起身 |
[40:09] | I’m Barry Lasenthal, Assistant Attorney General | 我是贝瑞·拉森索尔 负责国家安全案例的 |
[40:12] | for National Security. | 助理总检察官 |
[40:14] | – You’re Rebecca Halliday? – Yes, sir. | -你就是丽贝卡·哈里戴 -是的先生 |
[40:16] | You’ve let your clients | 你是否通知了你的委托人 |
[40:17] | know there’ll be no record of this meeting? | 这次会面不会被记录在案 |
[40:18] | – Yes. – I wish there was. | -通知了 -真希望有记录 |
[40:20] | – What’s that? – I said I wish there was. | -你说什么 -我说我希望能有记录 |
[40:22] | Do you mind if I ask why you’re sitting so far away? | 介意我问下您为什么坐这么远吗 |
[40:24] | I do mind. Would you like to register a complaint? | 我介意 你要投诉吗 |
[40:28] | Reporters having their asses hauled into the | 一群被拖进司法部门的新闻工作者 |
[40:30] | Justice Department doesn’t sit well– | 没有得到… |
[40:31] | I’ll see that your concerns make it straight to the children | 我保证会把你的关心转达给 |
[40:34] | of undercover agents who’ve been killed | 那些因暴露身份而被灭口的 |
[40:35] | when their identities were made known. | 卧底探员的子女那里 |
[40:38] | You’re bringing out your queen a little early, aren’t you? | 这时候就亮出王牌 是不是太早了 |
[40:41] | Mr. Lasenthal, our intention is to work with the FBI | 拉森索尔先生 我们的初衷是 |
[40:44] | or any relevant officials as we’ve always done in the past | 同以往一样与FBI或是有关当局合作 |
[40:47] | to ensure the story is responsibly reported. | 负责任地报道这篇新闻 |
[40:51] | But it’ll be reported. | 但是一定会报道出来 |
[40:53] | Not my pig, not my farm. | 事不关己 高高挂起 |
[40:56] | I don’t know that expression. | 我还没听过这种说法 |
[40:57] | He’s saying someone else is handling the story. | 他是说有别人在处理那篇报道 |
[41:01] | See, Will is from Nebraska, too. | 看见没 威尔也来自内布拉斯加州 |
[41:04] | But I wasn’t recruited by Nebraska, | 不过内布拉斯加大学没录取我 |
[41:06] | so I played fullback at A&M. | 于是我去了德州农工大学打后卫 |
[41:09] | And we lost to Nebraska all four years I was there. | 结果我在的四年间一直败给内布拉斯加队 |
[41:16] | The story is someone else’s concern. | 那篇报道是其他人的忧虑 |
[41:17] | But I can tell you if you | 不过我可以告诉你们 |
[41:18] | report news that was gathered illegally, | 若你们采用非法收集的信息进行新闻报道 |
[41:20] | you’ll face criminal fines in an amount that will bankrupt you. | 你们面临的巨额罚款会让你们倾家荡产 |
[41:23] | They understand that. Let’s begin. | 他们懂了 可以开始了 |
[41:25] | My problem is what’s on that flash drive. | 我的问题是闪盘里到底有什么 |
[41:27] | – Let’s begin. – Are you running this meeting? | -开始吧 -这次会议由你主导吗 |
[41:29] | When I need to. | 我觉得有必要的话 |
[41:30] | How about we cool it, OK? | 大家都冷静些 好吧 |
[41:32] | You want to see what information we can give you | 在不供出线人的情况下 |
[41:34] | without us naming the source, and that’s fair. | 让我们向你提供信息 这很合理 |
[41:37] | But any conversation has to start | 但是在我们开口之前 |
[41:39] | with our knowing that Neal Sampat is safe from prosecution. | 我们要确保尼尔·桑帕特不会被起诉 |
[41:43] | He is safe from prosecution. | 他不会被起诉 |
[41:45] | We need that in writing. | 我们要白纸黑字的凭证 |
[41:46] | Neal Sampat is in Maracaibo, Venezuela. | 尼尔·桑帕特在委内瑞拉的马拉开波湾 |
[41:53] | He flew there yesterday from | 他昨天飞过去的 |
[41:54] | Calgary International Airport by way of Cuba. | 从卡尔加里国际机场起飞 途径古巴 |
[41:57] | Not for nothing, but this is a building full of lawyers | 本来没什么 但这座楼里有的是律师 |
[41:59] | who’d have no problem making that look an awful lot to a jury | 可以不费吹灰之力地说服陪审团 |
[42:02] | like tradecraft from a dark-skinned young man. | 他是个搞谍报工作的 |
[42:05] | Now maybe it’s just a coincidence, | 也许只是巧合 |
[42:07] | but in all three of those pictures, | 但在这三张照片里 |
[42:09] | he’s looking over his shoulder a little. | 他都是一副小心提防的样子 |
[42:11] | He’ll be doing that for the rest of his life. | 他下半辈子都要在惊恐中度过了 |
[42:13] | – That’s his punishment. – Punishment for what? | -算是他的惩罚 -因什么受惩罚 |
[42:16] | I don’t believe what– his punishment? | 难以置信…他的惩罚吗 |
[42:18] | Punishment for what? | 因什么受惩罚 |
[42:21] | We’re a couple of inches away from being able | 我很快就能证明 |
[42:22] | to show he induced his source to commit a felony. | 他诱导他的线人犯下重罪 |
[42:25] | You’re a long way off from | 你离能证明 |
[42:26] | demonstrating that he had knowledge he was committing a crime. | 他是在知情下犯罪都还差得远 |
[42:29] | Closer now that he’s vacationing | 但足够让他 |
[42:30] | in a country with no extradition treaty. | 跑到没有引渡条款的国家避风头 |
[42:32] | Jesus Christ, you scared the shit out of this kid. | 上帝啊 你们把那孩子吓坏了 |
[42:35] | I’ve seen some things, you know? | 我也是算是经过风浪 |
[42:38] | I have been around, | 饱经沧桑了 |
[42:39] | but we’ve got to work on getting him back now. | 但我们现在得他接回来 |
[42:42] | Counsel, ask your questions. | 律师 请发问吧 |
[42:49] | What time did Mr. Sampat first make contact? | 桑帕特先生第一次联系他是什么时候 |
[42:51] | Monday evening, April 15. A week ago Monday. | 周一早上 四月十五号 上星期一 |
[42:54] | Where was he at the time? | 那个时候他在哪 |
[42:55] | His desk at ACN’s New York bureau. | 在ACN纽约部门的办公桌前 |
[42:57] | The source made contact with Mr. Sampat, not the other way. | 是线人主动联系桑帕特先生 他是被动 |
[43:00] | My next question was how was contact made. | 下一个问题是怎么联系上的 |
[43:02] | The source contacted Neal over ACN.com | 线人通过ACN官网找到尼尔 |
[43:05] | and asked for his encryption key. | 问他索要密匙 |
[43:06] | – And what was his response? – To give it to him. | -他的回应是什么 -把密匙给线人了 |
[43:08] | And then the source asked for a higher level of encryption? | 然后线人要求增加密码难度吗 |
[43:12] | I won’t answer that at this time. | 此刻不方便回应 |
[43:16] | Did Mr. Sampat tell you the name of the source? | 桑帕特先生告诉你线人的名字了吗 |
[43:18] | – Yes. – Did he tell you anything else about the source? | -是的 -关于线人他还说什么了吗 |
[43:20] | – Yes. – Will you tell us the name of the source? | -是的 -你能告诉我们线人的名字吗 |
[43:22] | No, sir. | 不能 先生 |
[43:23] | Will you tell us anything else about the source? | 你能提供一些线人的信息吗 |
[43:25] | No. | 不能 |
[43:26] | Well, you’ve got a problem. | 那你就有麻烦了 |
[43:29] | For one thing, | 首先 |
[43:29] | it’s a myth that the First Amendment | 你认为这种情况下第一修正案能保护你 |
[43:31] | protects you in situations like this. Branzburg v. Hayes– | 那你错了 “布莱兹伯格案”… |
[43:31] | 第一修正案不保护新闻记者 享有拒绝透露消息来源的特权 | |
[43:34] | Justice Powell made it clear the exception exists. | 鲍威尔法官明确表示存在例外 |
[43:34] | 但承认记者附有有限特权 并提出了”三项检验标准” | |
[43:37] | Not clear enough. | 还不够明确 |
[43:39] | A laptop computer was purchased with your American Express card | 有人刷了你的信用卡在曼哈顿的百思买 |
[43:42] | at the Best Buy at 44th and 5th in Manhattan, | 买了一台笔记本电脑 |
[43:45] | but the signature on the receipt doesn’t match your handwriting. | 但是收据上的签名却不是你的笔迹 |
[43:49] | You gave your credit card to Neal Sampat | 你把你的信用卡给了尼尔·桑帕特 |
[43:52] | to buy an air-gapped computer, right? | 让他买了一台网闸电脑 对吧 |
[43:53] | This ends our cooperation. | 我们的配合到此结束 |
[43:55] | What I think is this is exactly where you were going. | 我觉得这就是你想要的结果 |
[43:59] | See, what I think is that | 我认为 要么你想保护尼尔 |
[44:00] | either to protect Neal or be a hero or both, | 要么你想当英雄 要么两者皆是 |
[44:03] | you engineered this whole thing so that Neal was cleared out | 你策划了整件事 这样尼尔脱身了 |
[44:07] | and you were left holding the bag. | 就由你来背这个黑锅 |
[44:11] | But you forgot what else was in the bag. | 但是你忘了包里有什么 |
[44:15] | This receipt. | 这张收据 |
[44:20] | Who’s the source, Will? | 线人是谁 威尔 |
[44:22] | No one has to know you gave him up. | 没人会知道是你供出他的 |
[44:25] | No one has to know it was you. | 此事绝对保密 |
[44:31] | – I’ll tell you what, Mr. Lasenthal. – Yeah? | -这么说吧 拉森索尔先生 -说 |
[44:35] | – You’re bad at this. – Is that right? | -你真不擅长这活儿 -是吗 |
[44:39] | You come in here like Brian Dennehy. | 你进门时看起来像布赖恩·丹内利 |
[44:39] | 著名演员兼导演 代表作有《拳头风暴》《血连环》《终极斗士》等 | |
[44:41] | You’re at the other end of the table | 你跑到桌子另一边坐下 |
[44:42] | ’cause it’s some Jedi mind shit | 因为这是你从希尔顿 |
[44:44] | you were taught at a three-day seminar in Hilton Head. | 为期三天的讲座上学来的心理战术 |
[44:46] | I was the one most apt to cooperate. | 我这个人最配合了 |
[44:49] | The agents must have reported that to you. | 探员们一定跟你汇报过了 |
[44:50] | That’s the signal I was sending you. | 我也是这样暗示你的 |
[44:52] | But you insulted our lawyer and you insulted my producer | 但你侮辱我的律师 对我的制片人不敬 |
[44:55] | who happens to be my fiance, which you also know. | 她还是我未婚妻 这一点你也知道 |
[44:58] | And you insulted Charlie Skinner, | 你还不尊重查理·斯金纳 |
[45:00] | which your people would have | 而你的人应该告诉你 |
[45:00] | told you wasn’t gonna make any of us happy. | 对他不敬就是跟我们所有人过不去 |
[45:03] | And you threatened to bankrupt us | 你威胁让我们倾家荡产 |
[45:04] | and to have the same PR operation | 聘用那个导致三十八人死亡的公关团队 |
[45:06] | that got 38 people killed turn Neal into a radical. | 把尼尔写成激进分子 |
[45:10] | Yeah, I moved the pieces so they’d end up looking like this. | 是 我搞了小动作 呈现这样的结果 |
[45:13] | Except Neal’s supposed to be in a Super 8 | 只不过尼尔应该在新泽西州巴约讷的 |
[45:15] | in Bayonne, New Jersey, and not South America. | Super 8酒店 而不是在南美洲 |
[45:18] | And I did it because, while I have no doubt | 我这么做是因为 尽管我毫不怀疑 |
[45:21] | that you’d shake Neal up and down until he gave you the source, | 你会一直逼问尼尔直到他交出线人 |
[45:24] | which would never happen, | 而这事永远不会发生 |
[45:26] | your jaw-dropping government overreach | 你那耸人听闻的政府管辖 |
[45:28] | simply won’t extend to putting a TV star in jail for contempt. | 不可能自不量力地让电视明星因蔑视罪而入狱 |
[45:33] | You bungled this and I can’t help you anymore. | 是你自己搞砸了 我帮不了你 |
[45:40] | That’s it. | 事实就是如此 |
[45:49] | I fucking hated losing to Nebraska. | 我讨厌输给内布拉斯加 |
[45:52] | I’d have thought you’d have gotten used to it. | 我以为你已经习惯了 |
[46:03] | I– look, I get it. | 我懂你的意思 |
[46:06] | These days I look in the mirror and I have to admit | 这些日子 我看着镜子里的自己 不得不承认 |
[46:09] | I’m not the strapping young Muslim Socialist that I used to be. | 我不再是曾经那个高大年轻的穆斯林社会主义者了 |
[46:18] | Time passes, | 时光飞逝 |
[46:21] | you get a little grey. | 两鬓斑白 |
[46:34] | Hallie Shea, Jim Harper, | 哈莉·谢伊 吉姆·哈珀 |
[46:36] | this is Jack Spaniel. | 这是杰克·斯班尼尔 |
[46:38] | – Nice to meet you. – It’s nice to meet you. | -很高兴见到你 -很高兴见到你 |
[46:40] | How’d you two meet? | 你们俩怎么认识的 |
[46:41] | It was on a train coming back from Boston. | 在一辆从波士顿返程的火车上认识的 |
[46:44] | Maggie overheard a man talking to a reporter, | 玛姬听到一个男人在和记者打电话 |
[46:46] | but passed on the story because she didn’t like | 但她没有报道那篇新闻 因为她不喜欢 |
[46:48] | that she slid down in her seat to get it. | 这种通过滑下座椅得来的新闻 |
[46:50] | The man she overheard was so impressed by her ethics | 而被她偷听到的那个男人 被她的职业道德感动 |
[46:52] | that he gave her an exclusive. | 决定给她一篇独家新闻 |
[46:55] | I teach Ethics, | 我教的是伦理法 |
[46:56] | so I was vocationally attracted to the situation. | 我出于职业习惯 被当时的情形迷住了 |
[46:59] | And the story you got in | 而你作为交换得到的故事 |
[47:00] | exchange was that the world was coming to an end. | 告诉我们世界末日就要来了 |
[47:02] | Pretty good for a Friday. | 周五听到这些消息挺好的 |
[47:04] | It almost sounds like something you read in a tabloid. | 感觉就像是从小报上看到这些消息 |
[47:06] | Hey, nothing’s wrong with tabloids. | 看小报又没错 |
[47:08] | Elvis ever comes back, | 要是猫王复出 |
[47:09] | you’re not gonna read about it in “The Washington Post.” | 《华盛顿邮报》上可看不到这些消息 |
[47:12] | Good point. | 说得对 |
[47:14] | We are gonna get something to eat. | 我们得吃点东西 |
[47:16] | Oh, okay. | 好的 |
[47:21] | Was that for me, the ethics parable? | 那个是说给我的吗 那个伦理小寓言 |
[47:23] | I hadn’t heard that story until just now. | 我刚刚才听到这个故事呢 |
[47:25] | Charlie wants to see everyone in five minutes | 查理要每个人在五分钟内 |
[47:26] | in the kitchen in the west side of the building. | 去大楼西边的厨房见他 |
[47:28] | Okay. | 好的 |
[47:32] | You’re the one who asked how they met. | 是你先问起他们如何相识的 |
[47:39] | I sent in at least three jokes that would have killed. | 我给他们发了至少三个绝妙的笑话 |
[47:42] | Those guys never use my jokes. You know why? | 他们从来都不肯用我的笑话 知道为什么吗 |
[47:45] | – I do. – Speech writer snobbery. | -我知道 -因为写稿子的人太势利 |
[47:47] | I think it’s something else. | 我觉得不是这个原因 |
[47:48] | Taste this. It’s fantastic. | 尝尝这个 太好吃了 |
[47:50] | What is it? | 这是什么 |
[47:52] | I don’t believe it. He’s here. | 真不敢相信 他在这里 |
[47:54] | Sir, you really have to try this. | 先生 你必须得尝尝这个 |
[47:57] | Delicious, right? | 很美味 不是吗 |
[48:00] | Don, Sloan. | 唐 斯隆 |
[48:03] | What a coincidence seeing you together. | 这么巧 在这里碰见你们俩在一起 |
[48:05] | Not really. The whole staff is here. | 并不巧 所有的人都在这里 |
[48:07] | It’s a little bit more unusual that you’re here. | 在这里碰见你反倒是挺稀奇的 |
[48:09] | I’m a vice president at the | 我是世界上第七大 |
[48:10] | seventh largest media company in the world. | 媒体公司的副总裁 |
[48:12] | – Wyatt thinks we’re dating. – You and him? | -怀亚特认为我们在约会 -你和他约会 |
[48:14] | – Me and you. – Are you serious? | -我和你 -你说真的吗 |
[48:16] | – Yep. – Don and me? | -真的 -唐和我 |
[48:19] | Have you googled my romantic history? | 你有没有好好查过我的感情史 |
[48:21] | I date guys called Mr. Chairman. | 我和各种主席约会 |
[48:23] | I date first round draft picks, | 我和每年第一轮选秀的获胜者约会 |
[48:24] | high second round if it’s a skill position. | 要是打技巧性位置 第二轮选秀的也可以 |
[48:26] | You think I’m dating the EP of a 10:00 PM newscast | 你认为我会和个十点档新闻的执行制片人约会 |
[48:28] | that barely outrates a rerun of “Just Shoot Me”? | 他的节目勉强比《其父”奇”女》的重播收视率高 |
[48:32] | I absolutely do. And I’m gonna nail you. | 我就是这样认为的 而且我会找到证据的 |
[48:35] | Charlie wants to see everyone in the kitchen | 查理要每个人在五分钟内 |
[48:37] | in the west end of the building in five minutes. | 去大楼西边的厨房见他 |
[48:39] | Okay. | 好的 |
[48:41] | See ya. | 再见 |
[48:46] | – Was that too much before? – That was way, way too much. | -那样是不是太过了 -早就已经过了 |
[48:51] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[48:52] | Excuse me, do you happen to have any Schweppes Bitter Lemon? | 打扰一下 你有没有怡泉甘柠水[汽水] |
[48:55] | – Yes, ma’am. – You have Schweppes? | -有 女士 -你有怡泉 |
[48:56] | It’s Canada Dry, I think. | 我们有加拿大干姜水 |
[48:58] | My boss has to have Schweppes. | 我老板一定要喝怡泉 |
[49:00] | Do you happen to know if | 你知道这附近哪里还有 |
[49:00] | there’s a nearby liquor store or a grocery store? | 别的酒水店或者杂货店吗 |
[49:03] | I think you’d have to ask someone else. | 我想你得问问别人 |
[49:04] | They can carbonate lemon juice. | 他们可以往柠檬汁里充二氧化碳 |
[49:06] | Your boss won’t know the difference. | 你的老板喝不出区别 |
[49:07] | – He will. – He sounds like a dream come true. | -他喝得出 -听起来像是美梦成真 |
[49:10] | – He’s actually a– – Charlie Skinner? | -他其实是个 -查理·斯金纳 |
[49:12] | – Mr. Pruit. – Lucas. | -普鲁伊特先生 -叫我卢卡斯 |
[49:15] | You’re the man I’ve been waiting for. | 你就是我一直在等的人 |
[49:16] | I looked for you in the ballroom. | 我在宴会厅里找你来着 |
[49:18] | I had to step out for a while to take a call. | 我得出去接个电话 |
[49:20] | – I knew I’d see you here. – It’s no problem. | -我就知道我会在这里碰见你 -没关系 |
[49:22] | I just looked for you in the ballroom. | 我就在宴会厅里找过你 |
[49:23] | – I’m sorry about that. – No, no need. | -很抱歉 -不要这么说 |
[49:25] | Like I said, | 就像我说的 |
[49:26] | I had to take a call and I knew I’d see you here. | 我得接个电话 而且我知道会在这遇见你 |
[49:27] | – Not a problem. – What are you drinking? | -没问题 -你要喝点什么 |
[49:30] | Unflavored Absolute Vodka with a capful of Schweppes Bitter Lemon | 纯伏特加 洛克杯加冰 |
[49:33] | poured over ice in a rocks glass. | 最后加怡泉甘柠水 |
[49:34] | They don’t have Schweppes Bitter Lemon. | 他们没有怡泉甘柠水 |
[49:36] | It eludes me why that should ever be the case, you know? | 我真想不明白为什么会这样 |
[49:39] | – It just eludes me. – I’ll go out to a store. | -我真是搞不明白 -我会去店里看看的 |
[49:42] | – Gwen. – Yeah? | -格温 -怎么了 |
[49:43] | I’m not insane. Just enjoy the party. | 我又没疯 好好享受派对吧 |
[49:46] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[49:51] | I don’t think she’s gonna work out. | 我看她干不了这份工作 |
[49:52] | We’ll make sure our refrigerators are stocked. | 我会确保冰箱里一直有存货的 |
[49:55] | Leona told me I’d be meeting you in the ballroom | 莉安娜跟我说 我会在宴会厅里见到你 |
[49:56] | and then I’d be talking to you here at the party. | 然后我会在派对上和你聊天 |
[49:59] | That was the plan. | 计划就是这样的 |
[50:00] | But then, unfortunately, I had to take a call– | 但后来 我得出去接电话 |
[50:03] | Work related? The call. | 是工作上的事吗 我说那通电话 |
[50:07] | Was the call– | 那通电话 |
[50:09] | no, it was my daughter, as a matter of fact. | 不是 其实是我女儿 |
[50:11] | So we’ve met and now we’re here | 既然我们现在在这儿见到了 |
[50:13] | and I’m looking forward to talking. | 我很期待与您的谈话 |
[50:15] | As I understand it, you’re our last best hope | 据我所知 您是我们电视台 |
[50:17] | for the network to stay on the air. | 能继续播出唯一希望了 |
[50:20] | If I was a man with no choices, I’d kill myself. | 我要是沦落到无路可走 我就去自杀 |
[50:23] | Well, I guess that means I have a choice, so… | 那说明我还剩一条路可以走吧 那么 |
[50:25] | Would you like to talk about my intentions for the network? | 你想听听我对电台未来的打算吗 |
[50:28] | Yes, sir, I would. | 想的 先生 |
[51:08] | My name is Lilly. | 我叫莉莉 |
[51:10] | – Pleased to meet you. – You’re MacKenzie? | -很高兴认识你 -你是麦肯兹吗 |
[51:12] | ACN. | 来自ACN新闻 |
[51:14] | You’re the one who decides if and when to air a story? | 你就是决定是否播出及何时播出的人吗 |
[51:17] | I’m sorry, can I ask what this is about? | 不好意思 我可以请问您有何贵干吗 |
[51:19] | I spoke to someone who works for you. | 我和你的一个下属聊过 |
[51:22] | About what? | 聊什么 |
[51:25] | I spoke to Neal. | 是和尼尔 |
[51:34] | – Are you saying – I’m the source. | -你是说 -我就是那个线人 |
[51:46] | Prove that. | 证明你自己 |
[51:49] | 38 people died in a riot | 由于我们捏造散播的谣言 |
[51:51] | in Kundu because of disinformation we planted. | 38人在坎都死于暴乱 |
[51:53] | – Okay. – Three of them– | -够了 -其中三人是 |
[51:55] | – I sent Neal 27,000 – Stop talking. | -我给尼尔发了27000页 -别说了 |
[51:59] | Let me tell you what we’re about. | 让我告诉你我们是做什么的 |
[52:01] | Let me tell you what I’m about. | 还是让我告诉你我们是做什么的吧 |
[52:03] | Disruption. | 破坏 |
[52:05] | I can see fear in your eyes. | 我能看见你眼里充满恐慌 |
[52:06] | There almost always is. | 我眼里基本上一直充满恐慌 |
[52:08] | What’s an example of disruption | 从新闻电视台的角度来说 |
[52:10] | as it would apply to a news network? | 什么叫破坏呢 |
[52:11] | User-generated content. Crowdsourcing the news. | 由用户发布新闻内容 网络众包取材 |
[52:14] | I’ll tell you, Lucas, we just had in Boston | 我告诉你 卢卡斯 我们刚刚在波士顿事件中 |
[52:17] | Boston was a bad instance of crowdsourcing, | 波士顿的网络众包取材做得不好 |
[52:20] | but it was still disruption. | 但依然有破坏性 |
[52:21] | Why one channel? Why not 500? | 为什么只有一家电视台 为什么不是500家 |
[52:24] | With no cost for content. | 这些信息完全免费 |
[52:25] | No cost for content on the other 499? | 是剩下的499家才完全免费吧 |
[52:28] | ’m just trying | 我只是想说 |
[52:29] | I’m not talking about guys with head-cams in Syria. | 我不是说叙利亚那些背着摄像机的家伙们 |
[52:31] | I don’t know. Maybe I am. A disaster channel. | 我不知道 可能也行 一台专播灾难 |
[52:34] | A stalker channel. I just did three. Now you. | 跟踪者频道 我刚举了三个例子 轮到你了 |
[52:37] | A channel where professionals investigate and report the news. | 一台由专业人士考证调查后播出的新闻 |
[52:40] | 丹尼·格洛弗: 美国演员 导演 制片 参与电影包括生死阻击 追梦女郎 电锯惊魂 | |
[52:40] | Danny Glover just came to mind. | 说到这个就想到丹尼·格洛弗 |
[52:43] | We could have a channel | 我们可以打造一台专门 |
[52:44] | devoted to people who are stalking Danny Glover. | 为跟踪丹尼·格洛弗的人而设的电视台 |
[52:47] | – You think I’m kidding. – No, I don’t. | -你觉得我在开玩笑 -我不这么觉得 |
[52:49] | – They’re gathering. – Thanks. | -他们都快到了 -谢谢 |
[52:53] | I have to step away for a few minutes, | 我得暂时离开几分钟 |
[52:55] | but I’m looking forward to talking more about this. | 但我很期待能继续讨论这个话题 |
[52:57] | No, you’re not, but you will anyway. | 你才不期待呢 但你还是得讨论 |
[52:59] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[53:08] | You’re at a party with nothing | 你现在身处的这个派对里 |
[53:09] | but reporters and government officials. | 除了记者就都是政府官员 |
[53:11] | They don’t know they’re looking for me. | 没人知道我就是他们要找的人 |
[53:13] | Why hasn’t the story aired yet? | 新闻为什么到现在都没播 |
[53:16] | You said we. “We planted disinformation.” | 你刚刚说我们 “我们捏造散播的谣言” |
[53:18] | – You work for BCD? – Yeah. | -你在BCD工作吗 -没错 |
[53:20] | They’re looking for someone inside the Pentagon. | 他们还在五角大楼里找线人呢 |
[53:22] | When is the story running? | 新闻什么时候才播报 |
[53:24] | – It’s going to be reported. – It’s been a week. | -会播报的 -已经一周了 |
[53:27] | We promised some people we’d hold a moment. | 我们答应了一些人 暂时不播报 |
[53:29] | The government. | 答应了政府 |
[53:31] | We have to work with them on national security. | 由于国家安全问题 我们必须和他们合作 |
[53:34] | They’re gonna tell you everything is national security. | 他们会说什么都是国家安全问题 |
[53:38] | Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. | 周日 周一 周二 周三 |
[53:41] | If I don’t see the story on your air by Wednesday, | 若是周三前我在你们台都看不到这则新闻 |
[53:43] | – I’m uploading it myself. – You can’t do that. | -我就自己去散播 -不行啊 |
[53:45] | I’ll just dump it on Gwyneth Paltrow’s blog. | 我发上格温妮丝·帕特洛的博客就行了 |
[53:45] | 格温妮丝·帕特洛: 著名美国演员 出演钢铁侠的秘书小辣椒 | |
[53:47] | We don’t know everything that’s in it yet. | 我们还没看过那些文件的所有内容 |
[53:49] | We have to work with the government. | 我们必须得和政府合作 |
[53:51] | I don’t like that you’re working with the government. | 我不喜欢你们和政府合作这件事 |
[53:55] | We don’t want to get people killed. | 我们不想导致有人被杀 |
[53:56] | What about | 可那些 |
[54:08] | What about them? | 他们怎么办 |
[54:12] | A lot of people are sacrificing for you. | 很多人都在为你做出牺牲 |
[54:15] | I expect your cooperation in return. | 作为回报 我希望你可以合作 |
[54:17] | You’ll have my cooperation for 96 hours. | 96小时之内 我会合作 |
[54:21] | That should give you the time to do what you need to do. | 这段时间应该够你准备了 |
[54:24] | – Mac. – Yeah? | -麦肯 -在 |
[54:25] | Charlie’s gathering everyone | 查理让大家在这栋楼 |
[54:26] | in the kitchen on the west side of the building. | 西面的厨房里集合 |
[54:27] | Okay. | 好 |
[54:36] | The man had made his peace with the end of the world. | 那人已经向世界毁灭妥协了 |
[54:38] | – Hi. – Did you know the interview was gonna be like that? | -你好 -你事先知道采访会变成这样吗 |
[54:40] | Um, Mr. McAvoy. | 麦卡沃伊先生 |
[54:41] | That’s not what we were expecting, was it, Maggie? | 跟我们想的不太一样吧 玛姬 |
[54:42] | – No. – After 20 years at the EPA– hi– | -是的 -在美国环保署呆了20年 你好 |
[54:45] | 400 parts per million was | 他的逻辑思维也就只能承受 |
[54:47] | about all his sense of logic could handle | 百万分之400的二氧化碳浓度 |
[54:48] | – and his mind packed up. – I saw the interview, too. | -然后脑子就不够用了 -那场采访我也看了 |
[54:50] | When we went to commercial, | 我们切进广告后 |
[54:51] | I asked him if he’d changed his behaviour at all. | 我问他知道消息后生活行为有没有改变 |
[54:53] | – He said he stopped buying lottery tickets. – Mr. McAvoy. | -他说他再也没买过彩票 -麦卡沃伊先生 |
[54:55] | – I understand his frustration. – Sir! | -他的焦虑我能理解 -先生 |
[55:04] | Guys, I’m sorry, could you give me just a second? | 不好意思 能不能让我耽误一会儿 |
[55:07] | I’m here all night. Just a second. | 我整晚都在这里 就一会儿 |
[55:18] | That’s a subpoena in your pocket, right? | 你口袋里的是张传票 没错吧 |
[55:21] | Sir, my name is Eli Shapiro. | 先生 我的名字是伊莱·沙皮罗 |
[55:22] | I work for the US Department of Justice. | 我为美国司法部工作 |
[55:24] | – They sent an intern. – I’m Rebecca Halliday. | -他们派了个实习生来 -我是丽贝卡·哈里戴 |
[55:27] | You’re supposed to give that to me. | 那个应该给我 |
[55:30] | Uh, Mr. Mc | 麦卡沃伊先生 |
[55:33] | – I’m sorry. – Go ahead. Don’t be nervous. | -抱歉 -说吧 别紧张 |
[55:36] | Mr. McAvoy, this is a subpoena for you to be sworn in | 麦卡沃伊先生 这张传票召唤您 |
[55:38] | before an investigative grand jury at 1 St. Andrew’s Plaza, | 在4月29日周一早十点 于圣安德鲁广场1号 |
[55:42] | Monday, April 29 at 10:00 AM. | 出席大陪审团的调查 |
[55:42] | 大陪审团只参加刑事案件 由16-23人组成 主要职责是决定是否起诉 | |
[55:56] | You think it’s possible I’m not as big a TV star as I thought? | 你觉得我是不是没我想象的有名 |