时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:27] | – Unbelievable. – Unbelievable. | -难以置信 -难以置信 |
[01:28] | That is a subpoena for a reporter to appear | 那张传票要求一名记者 |
[01:30] | – before a grand jury. – If they had grand juries in | -出席大陪审团调查 -如果东德有大陪审团 |
[01:31] | East Germany and East Germany still existed, | 而且东德还存在 |
[01:33] | then that’s where we’d be right now. | 那我们一定就是在东德 |
[01:34] | Put it away, Rebecca. | 放起来吧 丽贝卡 |
[01:36] | And nobody says a word about this to anyone tonight. | 今晚谁都别对谁说 |
[01:38] | – What happens now? – Monday morning, | -后面怎么办 -周一早上 |
[01:39] | he’ll appear before a grand jury. | 他要去出席大陪审团调查 |
[01:41] | He’ll be asked to name his source and he’ll say– | 他会被要求说出线人 他会说… |
[01:43] | – No problem. – He’ll refuse. | -没问题 -他会拒绝 |
[01:46] | Tuesday morning, the prosecutor– | 周二早上 检察官 |
[01:47] | Who wants Will’s head hung in his den. | 想把威尔的脑袋挂在自己家里 |
[01:49] | will go to a judge to | 会去找法官 |
[01:50] | get an order for Will to answer the question. | 要一份法庭命令要求威尔回答问题 |
[01:52] | Wednesday morning, armed with the order, | 周三早上 有了这份法庭命令 |
[01:54] | the prosecutor will ask him again and he’ll refuse again. | 检察官会再次发问 他会再次拒绝 |
[01:57] | Thursday morning, we appear before the same judge, | 周四早上 我们去找同一名法官 |
[01:59] | who the prosecutor will inform that Will has refused | 法官已经从检察官那里得知威尔拒绝 |
[02:01] | to comply with a court order and then– | 服从法庭命令 然后… |
[02:03] | Everybody goes home. | 大家都可以回家了 |
[02:05] | Because you’re too big to jail? | 因为你名气太大不能坐牢 |
[02:06] | – That’s right. – Will, you’ve been wrong about everything. | -没错 -威尔 你到目前都是错的 |
[02:09] | – Every step of the way. – Do you really think this administration | -每一步的判断都错了 -你真认为本届政府 |
[02:10] | – I didn’t think they’d raid – is going to lock up a reporter… | -我还没想到他们会搜查 -会把记者送进大牢 |
[02:12] | – a newsroom and that happened. – …who exposed a disinformation | -新闻编辑室呢 还不是发生了 -还是揭露了 |
[02:14] | – campaign that resulted– – I didn’t think Neal would have | -一宗不实大新闻的… -我还没想到尼尔 |
[02:15] | to flee extradition, and Neal’s in Venezuela. | 得逃去非引渡国呢 他如今在委内瑞拉 |
[02:17] | And I didn’t think they’d have the sack to subpoena you, | 我还以为他们没胆量传唤你 |
[02:19] | but you’ve just been served by a kid in a rented tuxedo. | 但你刚刚被一个穿租来西服的小毛孩递了传票 |
[02:22] | And the reason the kid was wearing a tuxedo | 那毛孩子之所以租了西装 |
[02:24] | was because they don’t want to make any noise. | 就是因为他们不想引人注意 |
[02:28] | Or maybe they sent out a press release. | 或者他们刚刚发布了新闻稿 |
[02:31] | No shit. | 我去 |
[02:33] | – You know what this is gonna be? – Yeah. | -你知道他们会怎么写吧 -嗯 |
[02:34] | “Will McAvoy, hypocrite in a monkey suit.” | “威尔·麦卡沃伊 穿礼服的伪君子” |
[02:37] | It’s been posted on Carnivore, | 登在”肉食动物”上的 |
[02:37] | but it’s been picked up by everybody. | 但大家都转载了 |
[02:38] | Carnivore? It was posted on Carnivore? | 肉食动物 是登在肉食动物上的 |
[02:40] | Also, what the hell is Carnivore? | 而且 那是什么鬼啊 |
[02:42] | It’s a new website that just got its first scoop. | 是刚刚挖到第一个猛料的新网站 |
[02:44] | “ACN won’t be attending the Saturnalia of incestuous ingratiation…” | ACN不会出席乱伦狂欢的酒神节 |
[02:48] | – I remember that. – “That does little to instill confidence | -这话耳熟 -这个活动努力想令大众相信 |
[02:50] | in the public that the press isn’t ensorcelled by the powerful.” | 媒体并未被权力所迷惑 但收效甚微 |
[02:54] | I have to go find someone. Don. | 我得去找个人 唐 |
[02:57] | Lead the team on the Kundu story | 带领团队报道坎都新闻 |
[02:58] | which has to be on the air by Wednesday night. | 一定在周三晚前播报 |
[03:00] | That’s in four– why does | 那只有4天了…为什么 |
[03:01] | it have to be on the air by Wednesday night? | 非要在周三晚前播报 |
[03:02] | Because it does. | 没有为什么 |
[03:04] | – You and I need to talk. – Yeah. Not here. | -我们得谈谈 -不能在这儿 |
[03:10] | Will, I’m Mimi Tassler with BuzzFeed. | 威尔 我是BuzzFeed的米米·塔索勒 |
[03:12] | – Nice to meet you. – Any comment on the story in Carnivore? | -认识你很高兴 -要评述一下肉食动物的新闻吗 |
[03:14] | I was wrong about the Correspondents’ Dinner. | 我之前不该那么评论白宫记者晚宴 |
[03:16] | I forgot what a great time I always have. | 我忘了我每次玩得多开心了 |
[03:18] | Will, I’m Zachary Webber with Politico. | 威尔 政客网扎卡里·韦伯 |
[03:20] | Do you want to comment on the story? | 要评价一下报道吗 |
[03:21] | Sure. I probably need to read it first. | 当然 但我大概得先看到 |
[03:23] | – I’m going back to the hotel. – You can’t. | -我要回酒店了 -不行 |
[03:25] | – No, I can’t stay here. – Think for a second. | -我不能留下 -动动脑子 |
[03:27] | – What’s the reason we came here in– – Pruit. | -我们今晚为什么来 -普鲁特 |
[03:29] | We have to sit with Pruit. | 我们得跟普鲁特坐下谈谈 |
[03:30] | I’ve had a minute with him and so far it’s going badly. | 我跟他谈了一小会儿 进展不顺利 |
[03:33] | You don’t think he’s going to buy the network? | 你觉得他不会买下电视台吗 |
[03:34] | No, I think he is. | 不 我觉得他会 |
[03:37] | – I’ve never heard of Carnivore. – It’s new. | -我根本没听说过肉食动物 -新网站 |
[03:40] | Why do they have names like that? | 为什么要起这样的名字啊 |
[03:41] | Carnivore, Vulture, Beast, Gawker. | 肉食动物 秃鹫 野兽 掴客 |
[03:44] | I don’t know. | 不知道 |
[03:45] | And why do gossip columnists always sound like gossip columnists? | 而且八卦专栏为什么总是那么明显 |
[03:48] | Finke, Weasel, Snitch, Frump. | 告密者 小人 碎嘴子 老妈子 |
[03:52] | I’m not familiar | 我没听过 |
[03:53] | with Snitch, Weasel, and Frump. What do you read? | 碎嘴子 小人和老妈子呢 你都看些什么啊 |
[03:55] | Well, I read Jonathan Weasel on a regular basis | 我经常读乔纳森·小人的文章 |
[03:57] | before clicking over to AngrySpiders.com. | 然后去浏览愤怒蜘蛛网站 |
[03:59] | Anyway, my answer to your question– | 总之 回答你的问题 |
[04:02] | You’ll tell me later. | 你回头再说 |
[04:04] | – We were thinking about calling it a night. – It’s early. | -我们想先回去了 -还早啊 |
[04:07] | Don and I were just given a new deadline on a story. | 唐和我刚刚被布置作业了 |
[04:09] | – What’s the deadline? – Wednesday night. | -哪天截稿 -周三晚 |
[04:11] | Gonna rent a car and drive back to New York tonight. | 我要租辆车 今晚就开回纽约 |
[04:12] | I’ll go with you. | 我跟你一起走 |
[04:13] | Maggie and I were just discussing an ethical dilemma. | 玛姬和我正在讨论一个道德困境 |
[04:16] | She has a friend who’s dating a woman | 她一个朋友在约会一个女孩 |
[04:18] | who just started writing for a website called Carnivore. | 她刚刚开始为一个网站 肉食动物撰稿 |
[04:20] | – We should go. – I just want to hear what they think. | -我们该走了 -我就想听听他们的看法 |
[04:23] | Maggie’s friend thinks that websites like this are toxic | 玛姬的朋友认为这种网站是荼毒社会 |
[04:25] | and are poisoning our national conversation and culture, | 不利于国民的关注焦点和文化 |
[04:27] | but he likes the girl. | 但他喜欢那姑娘 |
[04:29] | So my question is, would he date a drug dealer? | 所以问题来了 他会跟毒贩约会吗 |
[04:36] | How would you like to handle this? | 你会怎么做 |
[04:39] | – Wait. – Yeah. | -等等 -没错 |
[04:40] | – She works for Carnivore. – Of course she works for Carnivore. | -她是”肉食动物”的人 -很显然啊 |
[04:42] | I just said you’ll tell me later as I waved them over. | 我跟他们打招呼的时候就让你回头再说了 |
[04:45] | How could you not pick up on that cue? | 你怎么就没听懂我话里的意思呢 |
[04:47] | – I’ve never been good at that. – You’re terrible at that. | -我不怎么擅长这个 -你是完全不行 |
[04:49] | Yeah, so we’re gonna go | 我们去取车 |
[04:51] | get that car and pick you up at the hotel. | 然后在宾馆门口接你 |
[04:53] | Cool. I– | 好的 |
[04:57] | – Listen. – Not yet. | -听我说 -过会说 |
[05:04] | – Drug dealer? – He said that. I didn’t say that. | -毒贩 -他说的 我可没说 |
[05:06] | You’re talking about this with Maggie? | 你连这事都和玛姬讲吗 |
[05:08] | – It came up at work. – What came up? | -工作时提起的 -提起什么 |
[05:09] | It just– | 就只是 |
[05:12] | your new job. | 你的新工作 |
[05:13] | Your disapproval of me came up at work? | 你上班时提到你不喜欢我的工作 |
[05:15] | The page view incentives in your contract. | 你合同上写着凭浏览量支付薪酬 |
[05:17] | They’re bonuses, you judgmental prick. | 那是奖金 你这是三观不正 |
[05:19] | And why don’t you believe in me? | 你为什么不相信我 |
[05:20] | Why do you assume that as soon as I take a job like this, | 你为什么会认为我只要接了那份工作 |
[05:22] | – I’m gonna be an asshole? – I don’t think that you’re– | -我就会变成混蛋 -我没这么觉得 |
[05:24] | Yes, you do. Why? | 你就是这么认为的 为什么 |
[05:29] | How did Carnivore get that story about Will? | 肉食动物怎么搞到那篇有关威尔的报道 |
[05:31] | – Did you see my byline on it? – No. | -你看到上面有我的署名吗 -没有 |
[05:33] | No. 2,000 reporters and | 两千名记者时刻等着 |
[05:35] | he thought he was going to get away with it? | 他还自以为能够逍遥法外吗 |
[05:36] | He didn’t knock over a bank. | 他没有抢银行 |
[05:38] | He sang an aria about | 他洋洋洒洒地 |
[05:39] | how messed up the Correspondents’ Dinner was, | 描述白宫记者晚宴有多糟糕 |
[05:41] | said ACN wasn’t going and then showed up. | 先表示ACN不会去 然后又去了 |
[05:43] | You weren’t aware of the aria until I told you about it. | 要不是我你都不会知道他说过那段话 |
[05:46] | That story was waiting | 那条新闻早就准备 |
[05:47] | and ready to go and I’m the one who leaked it. | 报道出去了 是我先提前泄露的 |
[05:49] | It wasn’t going to be a secret. | 总会被所有人所知的 |
[05:50] | You had nothing to do with it? | 你真的和这篇报道无关吗 |
[05:56] | I told them what to look for. | 我告诉他们该去哪找消息 |
[05:59] | – Yeah. – If I hadn’t, | -好吧 -如果我不这么做 |
[06:00] | I would be betraying my job, | 我就对不起这份工作 |
[06:02] | and you know that. | 你也很清楚这点 |
[06:03] | You know that. It’s horrible that I got it from you, but– | 是吧 我很抱歉我是从你这得到的消息 |
[06:06] | Listen, the new HR guy at AWM, | 听着 AWM人力资源部新来的那位 |
[06:09] | Wyatt Earp– | 怀亚特·厄普 |
[06:09] | – Not his name. – Wyatt Geary. | -他不叫这名 -怀亚特·吉里 |
[06:12] | He’s onto us, me and Sloan, and he wants me bad. | 他盯上我和斯隆了 盯得我特别紧 |
[06:14] | He’s gonna come asking questions, and when he does, you say… | 他如果来问你问题 你就说 |
[06:17] | Don and Sloan are just colleagues. | 唐和斯隆只是同事 |
[06:19] | Should you guys be standing next to each other? | 你们俩不该站一起吧 |
[06:22] | Yeah, what are you doing standing next to me? | 对啊 你干嘛站我边上 |
[06:23] | I really don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[06:25] | Scatter. | 散 |
[06:32] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 |
[06:35] | I’m sorry, too. | 我也对不起 |
[06:37] | – I get it. – Do you? | -我懂 -真的吗 |
[06:44] | – Where have you been? – Looking for someone. | -你去哪了 -找人去了 |
[06:47] | We’re supposed to be talking to Pruit. | 我们该去找普鲁伊特谈了 |
[06:48] | Listen, a little while ago… | 那啥 就刚才… |
[06:52] | – Nothing. – You sure? | -没事了 -你确定吗 |
[06:53] | Yeah. Let’s talk to Pruit. | 确定 我们去找普鲁伊特吧 |
[07:07] | Lucas. | 卢卡斯 |
[07:08] | Books are like the new art, don’t you think? | 书就是新艺术 你赞同吗 |
[07:12] | Yes. No. I have no idea what you mean. | 赞同 不 我没听懂你在说什么 |
[07:14] | We don’t need them anymore, but they look nice. | 虽然用不到 但看着还不错 |
[07:16] | – We don’t need books? – Not on paper. | -不需要书了 -不需要纸质版的了 |
[07:19] | I’ll send you a Kindle, Grandpa Joe. | 送你台Kindle 乔爷爷 |
[07:20] | You’ll like it. | 你肯定会喜欢的 |
[07:22] | I’m Will McAvoy. | 我是威尔·麦卡沃伊 |
[07:23] | MacKenzie McHale. | 我是麦肯兹·麦克黑尔 |
[07:24] | If you say you’re not gonna come to a party | 如果你说过你不想来参加宴会 |
[07:26] | and you say it loud to a million people, | 而且还是当着上百万观众说的 |
[07:28] | you can’t show up to the party. | 那你就不该来啊 |
[07:31] | He came to talk to you because | 他来找你谈是因为 |
[07:32] | you said you wanted to meet him at the party. | 你说你想在宴会上见见他 |
[07:34] | Why did you want to meet him at the party? | 你为什么想在宴会上见他 |
[07:37] | – Are you fucking kidding me? – Take it easy. | -你他妈在逗我吗 -淡定 |
[07:39] | I won’t take it easy. The position you put him in, | 淡定不能 你把他整得这份田地 |
[07:42] | all of us, for a laugh? | 把我们所有人搞成这样 只是开个玩笑 |
[07:43] | It was not for a laugh. Don’t be a child. | 才不是开玩笑 别幼稚了 |
[07:47] | It was an exercise of power. | 我只是想试试我的权力 |
[07:49] | You shoved the Lansings around for years | 你玩弄兰辛母子那么多年 |
[07:50] | and I wanted to let you know | 我想即刻让你们知道 |
[07:51] | right off the bat that I’m not impressed by ratings. | 我并不在意什么收视率 |
[07:54] | Second, I want you to know that I’m not in this for the trophy. | 其次想让你们知道我这么做不是为了名声 |
[07:57] | I’m in it for the ratings. I’m just kidding. | 是为了收视率 好吧逗你们的 |
[08:00] | But really, second place does nothing for me. | 不过说真的 排第二对我毫无意义 |
[08:02] | Good, ’cause as of last week, we’re in fourth. | 很好 因为上周我们排第四 |
[08:04] | I don’t know how you managed to swing that. | 我不知道你是怎么办到的 |
[08:06] | I was very proud of our Boston coverage. | 我为我们的波士顿报道感到自豪 |
[08:08] | Proud is generally what | 自豪一般都是 |
[08:09] | people pretend they are when they’ve lost. | 输家拿来当作借口的东西 |
[08:11] | Cryptic is generally what people are | 神秘一般都是 |
[08:13] | when they’re trying to pretend they possess supernatural powers. | 用来描述拥有超能力的人 |
[08:16] | Okay, we’ve gotten off to a rough start. | 好吧 看来我们的开场对白不太友好 |
[08:18] | Lucas, we’re naturally curious about | 卢卡斯 我们很想知道 |
[08:19] | your plans for the network. | 你对电视台未来的打算 |
[08:21] | What if I told you you could be the number one news network | 如果我告诉你我打算打造首席电视新闻台 |
[08:23] | and change the world at the same time? | 并且同时改变世界 |
[08:25] | Change it into what? | 改变成什么样 |
[08:26] | A place where people say snappy, sardonic things like that. | 一个大家都直截了当进行讽刺的世界 |
[08:29] | Hey, we really have to do | 我们现在真的得 |
[08:30] | better at talking to each other right now. | 更加友好点交谈了 |
[08:32] | – Who are you looking for? – Me? | -你在找谁 -问我吗 |
[08:34] | You’ve glanced around a couple of times. | 你已经回头了好多次 |
[08:36] | – Nothing, I’m here. – Is that accent real? | -没什么 我在听呢 -你这口音是真的吗 |
[08:38] | Can we please cut the shit? | 能别扯开话题吗 |
[08:39] | I’m gonna infuse ACN with tens of millions | 我会给ACN的预算里 |
[08:41] | of new dollars in your budget. How does that sound? | 注资数千万 怎么样 |
[08:43] | I’m gonna get 18 to 25-year-olds to watch the news | 我要吸引18至25岁的人来看新闻 |
[08:46] | so it can support itself | 让电视台能维持运营 |
[08:47] | and so it doesn’t die when you do. | 等你们死了它还能继续运转下去 |
[08:48] | The news gathering and newscasts | 新闻采访和新闻播报 |
[08:50] | will have tentacles in every reach of the Internet. | 要遍布互联网的每个角落 |
[08:52] | Interactives, podcasts, live streams, | 包括互动媒体 播客 直播 |
[08:54] | Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter. | Tumblr Facebook还有Twitter |
[08:55] | We’ll make our audience reporters in the field | 我们可以让观众在Instagram和Vine |
[08:56] | through Instagram and Vine, | 以及Snapchat和博客上 |
[08:57] | Snapchat and blogs. You still with me? | 参与报道 你们能跟得上我的思路吗 |
[08:59] | Our users become the audience | 我们让用户成为观众 |
[09:01] | and our audience becomes contributors. | 观众再成为投稿人 |
[09:03] | That’s my plan. | 这是我的计划 |
[09:04] | Needless to say, I’m impressed by your indifference | 不必说 你对才能 经验和诚信的 |
[09:07] | to talent, experience, and credentials. | 漠视程度让我叹为观止 |
[09:10] | And I assume the absence of the words truth, trust, | 我相信 你的目标宣言里 |
[09:13] | and professionalism in your mission statement was an oversight. | 绝对没有事实 信任和专业这几个词 |
[09:17] | Your contempt for the second-rate | 这和你蔑视二流水准 |
[09:18] | seems to be a contradiction, too, | 也似乎是矛盾的 |
[09:20] | since you believe the best reporting | 因为你觉得最好的报道 |
[09:22] | is done by anyone with a phone | 只要有部手机就能完成 |
[09:24] | and the time it takes to write “Epic fail.” | 所耗用的时间只与写下”辉煌不再”这几个字相当 |
[09:27] | And as an old guy, I’ve got a lot more respect | 作为一个老人 我比你更尊重 |
[09:30] | for 18 to 25-year-olds than you do | 18至25岁的年轻人 |
[09:32] | ’cause I don’t believe their heads will explode | 因为我不相信 |
[09:35] | if you stop patronizing them for an hour a night | 没有你每晚花一个小时对他们颐指气使 |
[09:38] | and tell them what the fuck’s going on in their lives | 告诉他们世界上究竟他妈出了什么事 |
[09:40] | and maybe even in the lives of other people. | 他们的脑袋就会爆炸 |
[09:43] | The air up on that pedestal must be pretty thin, | 台上一定空气稀薄 |
[09:46] | ’cause you are delusional, sir. | 因为你都产生幻觉了 先生 |
[09:48] | If I am, I plan on staying that way. | 如果真是如此 我宁愿一直如此 |
[09:51] | And my network’s staying, too. | 我的电视台也是 |
[09:53] | We’ve got a problem now, you and me. | 我们之间有很大的分歧 |
[09:56] | Have a good evening. | 祝你有个愉快的晚上 |
[10:10] | You knew that the documents were stolen by the source? | 你知道文件是线人偷来的吗 |
[10:12] | – Yes, sir. – You knew the documents were classified? | -是的 -你知道文件是机密的吗 |
[10:14] | – Yes, sir. – Did Mr. Sampat tell you anything about the source? | -是的 -桑帕特先生有和你说过线人的事吗 |
[10:17] | – Yes, sir. – Did Mr. Sampat tell you his name? | -是的 -桑帕特先生告诉你线人的名字了吗 |
[10:19] | – Yes, sir. – Will you tell us the name of your source? | -是的 -你能告诉我们线人的名字吗 |
[10:22] | – No, sir. – Let me phrase that differently. | -不能 -我换种方式再问一遍 |
[10:25] | Would you tell the grand jury the name of the person | 你能告诉大陪审团 |
[10:27] | you know to have stolen classified government documents | 这个从政府盗窃 |
[10:30] | containing secrets, which if made public, | 包含可能威胁国家安全信息的 |
[10:32] | could calamitously threaten our national security? | 绝密文件的线人的名字吗 |
[10:35] | No, sir, I won’t. | 不 我不会说的 |
[10:38] | At this time I’ll excuse the grand jury until 10:00 AM Wednesday, | 此刻 我要求陪审团退席至周三上午十点 |
[10:41] | at which time I will return with a court order | 到时我会带回一张法庭庭谕 |
[10:43] | compelling the witness to answer that question. | 要求目击证人回答这个问题 |
[10:46] | Thank you, ladies and gentlemen. | 谢谢诸位 |
[10:47] | And, Mr. McAvoy, you can step down. | 麦卡沃伊先生 你可以离席了 |
[11:06] | Does anybody know if they got that guy out of the country? | 有人知道他们抓到逃到国外的那个人了吗 |
[11:08] | The writer. The guy who wrote the fake story. | 那个作家 伪造故事的那个 |
[11:11] | Been over a week since the government’s known about the breach. | 政府知道那事已经一周了 |
[11:13] | They would have pulled him, right? | 他们会把他撤离出来的 对吧 |
[11:14] | You would think so, but we need to find out. | 你想得没错 但还是要去核实 |
[11:18] | Oh, come on! | 见鬼 |
[11:21] | Come on in. | 请进 |
[11:23] | Don’t look at any of these papers, don’t look down, | 别看这些文件 别低头看 |
[11:24] | – and don’t ask anyone what they’re doing. – Got it. | -也别问任何人在做什么 -明白 |
[11:27] | I just wanted to ask you in person | 我只是想亲自问你 |
[11:28] | why you haven’t accepted my friend request on Instagram. | 你为什么还没接受我在Instagram上给你发的好友请求 |
[11:34] | It was the very next thing I was gonna do. | 我忙完手头的事就去 |
[11:36] | – How about now? – Sure. | -不如就现在吧 -好吧 |
[11:38] | Gary, toss me my phone. | 格雷 把我手机丢过来 |
[11:40] | Martin, can you read this over, | 马丁 你来看一遍 |
[11:42] | and if it looks good to you, take it to Mac? | 如果觉得还不错 就拿去给麦肯 |
[11:44] | Sure. | 好 |
[11:49] | – Accepted. – Awesome. | -接受了 -太棒了 |
[11:56] | Come in. | 进来 |
[11:57] | It’s from Don and it says “Take to Sloan” | 是唐给我的 上面写”拿给斯隆” |
[11:58] | and then it says “Sabbith” In quotes. | 然后引号里写了”莎碧斯” |
[12:00] | I was told to read it. | 他让我看一遍 |
[12:01] | Do you think it meant take to Sloan Sabbith– | 你觉得是要我拿给斯隆·莎碧斯… |
[12:02] | Was the new HR guy just down there? | 新的人事专员刚刚在那里吗 |
[12:03] | – Yeah, how did you know? – It’s his Instagram password. | -对 你怎么知道 -这是他Instagram的密码 |
[12:10] | Nice try, but my mama didn’t | 想得美 除了我兄弟们 |
[12:11] | raise a fool unless you count my brothers. | 我妈可没生过笨孩子 |
[12:13] | So I don’t know what we just did, but I’m gonna go back to work. | 我什么都不知道 回去工作了 |
[12:15] | Yeah. | 去吧 |
[12:17] | Have you been outside today? | 你今天出去了吗 |
[12:18] | How do you think I got from where I live to where I work? | 不然你觉得我是怎么从家里来上班的 |
[12:21] | – I just mean it’s a gorgeous day. – Shut up. | -我只是想说天气不错 -闭嘴 |
[12:22] | All right. | 好吧 |
[12:24] | There has to be another way. | 得有别的办法 |
[12:27] | There has to be another buyer for this network in the next– | 得有另一个要买电视台的买家 在之后的… |
[12:30] | – Few hours? – Few days. | -几小时中 -几天中 |
[12:36] | Elon Musk, | 埃隆·马斯克 |
[12:37] | Larry Ellison, | 拉里·埃里森 |
[12:37] | Antoinette Dodd, | 安托瓦妮特·多德 |
[12:38] | Michael– Michael Bloomberg? | 迈克尔…迈克尔·布隆伯格 |
[12:40] | – Do you know any of those people? – I know all of them. | -他们中有你认识的人吗 -全都认识 |
[12:42] | But Leona and Reese told you they exhausted | 但莉安娜和里斯告诉你 他们竭尽全力 |
[12:43] | all their options before they went to Pruit. | 他们没别的法子了才去找普鲁特 |
[12:45] | They exhausted all their options for keeping control of AWM | 他们想尽了不出售ACN又能控股AWM的法子 |
[12:47] | before selling us, but they didn’t necessarily | 但这不代表 |
[12:50] | exhaust their options of who to sell us to. | 他们对我们的买家没得选 |
[12:52] | Look, I want what you want, | 听着 我跟你想的一样 |
[12:54] | but this is big business and you’re a news director. | 但这是笔大生意 你只是新闻部主任 |
[12:57] | You don’t know what you’re doing. | 你不知道你在干什么 |
[12:58] | You can’t just write down names of rich people. | 你不能就随便写几个有钱人的名字 |
[12:59] | I didn’t just write down– those are all people | 我不是随便写的 这几个人 |
[13:02] | who would be interested in media buys. | 都可能对传媒收购有兴趣 |
[13:03] | Elon Musk isn’t interested. | 伊隆·马斯克就没兴趣 |
[13:05] | Michael Bloomberg has his own media company. | 迈克尔·布隆伯格有自己的传媒公司 |
[13:08] | Larry Ellison is busy winning the America’s Cup. | 拉里·埃里森忙着美洲杯夺冠呢 |
[13:10] | Toni Dodd– | 托妮·多德 |
[13:14] | – Antoinette Dodd. – What? | -安托瓦妮特·多德 -什么 |
[13:17] | – This is unbelievable. – What? | -难以置信 -什么 |
[13:19] | It’s just– so help me Hannah– | 真是 汉娜保佑 |
[13:20] | I read in Page Six, like, two weeks ago | 我大概两周前在《第六版》上看到[八卦杂志] |
[13:22] | that Toni Dodd was looking to buy a media group. | 托妮·多德正在寻求入手传媒集团 |
[13:24] | I remember because I thought, | 我之所以记得是因为我当时想 |
[13:26] | “This is exactly what | 这不就是 |
[13:26] | happens to Melanie Griffith in ‘Working Girl.'” | 《上班女郎》里梅拉尼·格里菲思的情节吗 |
[13:28] | And, hand to God, I was on the Staten Island Ferry at the time. | 对天发誓 我当时正在史泰登岛渡轮上 |
[13:31] | But there was nothing I could do with that information, | 但是那则消息没什么意思 |
[13:33] | so my mind went to how | 所以我就在想 |
[13:34] | good a young Alec Baldwin was in the movie. | 年轻时的亚历克·鲍德温在电影里表现如何 |
[13:36] | And whatever happened to that Carly Simon song? | 卡莉·西蒙那首歌是怎么回事 |
[13:38] | You think Toni Dodd wants to buy a news network? | 你觉得托妮·多德想收购一个新电视台吗 |
[13:41] | Page Six wouldn’t say it unless it was true. | 要是假的《第六版》就不会报道了 |
[13:43] | And she has in the area of $4 billion? | 她手头有40亿美元吗 |
[13:46] | That’s not how it works. Nobody has $4 billion. | 不是这样的 没人有40亿美元 |
[13:48] | But, yes, she has $4 billion. | 但确实 她有40亿 |
[13:50] | – Are you able to call her? She’ll take your call? – Yeah. | -你能给她打电话吗 她会接你电话吗 -会 |
[13:53] | You need to set up a meeting | 你尽快安排 |
[13:54] | for her and Leona as soon as humanly possible. | 她和莉安娜见个面 |
[13:56] | Leona can’t meet with another | 莉安娜在跟普鲁特 |
[13:58] | buyer while she’s negotiating with Pruit. | 谈判期间 不能跟其他买家会面 |
[13:59] | Friendly, informal, off-the-record meeting. | 非正式的友好秘密会面 |
[14:02] | – Pruit will go away. – Not fast or far enough. | -那普鲁特会走人的 -走不了多远 |
[14:06] | I know you don’t like the guy, but– | 我知道你不喜欢那家伙 但是 |
[14:07] | It doesn’t matter that I don’t like him. | 我喜不喜欢他不重要 |
[14:09] | It matters that I’m scared of him. | 重要的是 我现在很怕他 |
[14:10] | You were scared of Reese and Leona, | 你以前也很怕里斯和莉安娜 |
[14:12] | but you turned them around. | 但你成功改变了他们的想法 |
[14:14] | You’ll fight with Pruit and you’ll win. | 去跟普鲁特斗争吧 你会赢的 |
[14:16] | I don’t want to fight with anybody, Sloan. I’m tired. | 我不想跟任何人斗争 斯隆 我累了 |
[14:18] | I don’t want to expand the definition of the news. | 我不想扩充新闻的定义 |
[14:21] | I want to narrow it. | 我想缩小它的范围 |
[14:22] | We’ll be right back at the beginning, only worse. | 我们要退回起点 只会更甚 |
[14:25] | I can’t fight these fights with this guy. | 我不能跟这个家伙争这些 |
[14:27] | I won’t win. | 我赢不了 |
[14:30] | We can meet with her. | 我们可以去见见她 |
[14:33] | – You and me? – Yeah. | -你和我吗 -对 |
[14:35] | But quietly. | 但要偷偷地 |
[14:37] | ‘Cause there’s one option worse than Pruit, | 因为比普鲁特更糟糕的是 |
[14:39] | and that’s this place getting | 这个地方 |
[14:40] | sold for parts and a lot of people out of work. | 被拆分出售 还有一大帮人失业 |
[14:43] | Very quietly. | 神不知鬼不觉 |
[14:44] | And now. | 马上就去见 |
[14:49] | – How’d it go? – Exactly the way we said it would. | -情况怎么样 -跟我们预期的一样 |
[14:51] | Now Lasenthal goes to a judge | 拉森索尔去请求法官 |
[14:53] | to get court to compel Will to answer the question. | 开庭逼迫威尔回答那个问题 |
[14:55] | Now, tell me what’s happening in here. | 跟我说说这里进展如何 |
[14:57] | Tell me we’ll be able to run the story by Wednesday night. | 告诉我周三晚就能做这篇报道 |
[14:59] | We’ve got the motive, but we don’t have the ringleader. | 我们找到动机了 但还没找到罪魁祸首 |
[15:01] | The motive is what we thought it was? | 动机是我们先前想的那个吗 |
[15:02] | To disrupt and delay their elections. We’ve got that cold. | 破坏推迟他们的选举 这点我们很有把握 |
[15:04] | Elections that would have yielded a hard-line Islamic government. | 产生强硬派伊斯兰政府的选举 |
[15:06] | Democracy is good as long as we like the outcome. | 只要结果让我们满意 民主就是好的 |
[15:08] | – Yes. – How do you circle that square? | -没错 -你怎么把这歪理说正的 |
[15:10] | By knowing that Islam is a religion and not a form of government. | 我知道伊斯兰是个宗教 不是某种政府形式 |
[15:12] | When it becomes one, it is fascism. | 一旦变成政府 那就是法西斯 |
[15:14] | And the 38 dead bodies? | 那38个遇难者呢 |
[15:15] | Are a bargain compared to what it’ll cost us in blood and money | 比起五年后我们轰炸基地组织的新据点 |
[15:17] | when we have to bomb the place five years from now | 所要耗费的人力物力 |
[15:19] | because it’s al-Qaeda’s new home office. | 这真算不了什么 |
[15:21] | But we’ve got a different problem. | 但还有个问题 |
[15:23] | The writer of the story, we think he’s still on the ground. | 我们认为这篇报道的作者还在那里 |
[15:25] | Don and I are each talking to a different source at State. | 唐和我跟各自的国务院线人谈过 |
[15:27] | When I asked my source if the writer was out, | 我问我的线人这个作者离开那里了吗 |
[15:29] | he said, “I don’t know. Is he?” | 他说”我不知道 他离开了吗” |
[15:30] | They’re trying to slow down the story. | 他们想拖慢我们报道的进度 |
[15:32] | Then my guy said, “No, the writer is not out.” | 但我的人说”没有 作者还没离开” |
[15:33] | – Do you believe him? – 50-50. | -你相信他吗 -一半一半吧 |
[15:36] | But when our story comes out that this guy worked with the US, | 但如果我们报道出这家伙跟美国合作 |
[15:39] | they’re gonna slit | 他们就会 |
[15:39] | the throats of his children right in front of him | 当着他的面割开他孩子们的喉咙 |
[15:41] | and then drag them down Main Street, | 然后把他们拖到大街上 |
[15:42] | so I don’t want to pick the wrong 50. | 所以我可不想搞错 |
[15:45] | – Extend your arbitrary deadline. – It’s not arbitrary. | -延长你随意定的期限吧 -那不是随意定的 |
[15:48] | Work with State, get the guy and his family out today. | 跟国务院配合 今天就把他和他家人救出来 |
[15:51] | It’s night in Kundu. | 坎都现在是半夜 |
[15:52] | The phones don’t work at our embassy at night? | 我们大使馆的电话晚上就不能用了吗 |
[16:03] | – What are you working on? – A piece. | -你在忙什么 -一篇报道 |
[16:10] | You’re not allowed to tell me? | 不允许你告诉我吗 |
[16:12] | I don’t want to fight right now. | 我现在不想吵架 |
[16:15] | I don’t either. | 我也不想 |
[16:18] | I’m really glad you said that. | 我很高兴你这么说 |
[16:20] | Do you mean that? | 你是认真的吗 |
[16:24] | I have to go back to the office tonight. | 我今晚得回办公室 |
[16:28] | We’re crashing on a deadline I don’t even understand. | 我们在忙一个让我摸不着头脑的截稿期 |
[16:31] | I just want to eat my sandwich near you for a while. | 我就坐你旁边吃个三明治 |
[16:35] | Sometimes you say that and then you ambush me. | 有时候你嘴上这么说 然后突然变调 |
[16:39] | What are you working on? | 你在忙什么 |
[16:41] | My editor wants me to write more personally. | 我的编辑想让我写点更私人的看法 |
[16:44] | Like an op-ed? | 像专栏评论一样吗 |
[16:45] | – What’s wrong with op-eds? – Nothing. | -专栏有什么不好的 -没什么不好的 |
[16:48] | What are you writing about? | 你要写什么 |
[16:50] | I pitched a few, but the only one they liked | 我列出了一些 但是他们只对 |
[16:52] | was my experience with the Plan B pill. | 我在B计划避孕药上的经验感兴趣 |
[16:57] | Cool. | 不错 |
[17:01] | – Come on. – I said cool. | -得了吧 -我说不错 |
[17:03] | You said more than that. | 你说的可不止这些 |
[17:04] | What’s wrong with writing in the first person? | 用第一人称写怎么了 |
[17:06] | What’s wrong with sex? And what’s wrong with my new job? | 写性方面的怎么了 我的新工作怎么了 |
[17:08] | Hallie, I said cool. | 哈莉 我说不错 |
[17:11] | You’re not going to give me a hard time about this? | 你不打算刁难我一番吗 |
[17:15] | I’m your boyfriend. It is my role to support you. | 我是你的男友 支持你是我的本职 |
[17:17] | It’s a role I’m grateful to have and I want to do it well. | 我很高兴能支持你 也想好好支持你 |
[17:23] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:25] | – Sorry I jumped the gun. – No problem. | -对不起我乱发脾气了 -没关系 |
[17:39] | Does your piece begin, “Dear ‘Penthouse,’ | 你的文章开头是不是”亲爱的《阁楼》 |
[17:41] | – I’ve never written a letter like this before”? – Motherfucker! | -我从未写过这样的信” -去你妈的 |
[18:04] | You know how this is gonna end, right? | 你知道最后会变成什么样吧 |
[18:06] | Please don’t directly address my client. | 请不要直接跟我的委托人讲话 |
[18:08] | We’re in chambers, Counselor. | 咱们在内庭呢 律师 |
[18:09] | I don’t care if we’re in your fucking hot tub. | 就算咱们泡在热浴缸里也不行 |
[18:11] | Hey, I’m on a government salary. I barely have a bathtub. | 我拿的是政府的工资 勉强买得起浴缸 |
[18:14] | Good morning. | 早上好 |
[18:15] | – Morning, Judge. – Good morning, sir. | -早上好 法官 -早上好 先生 |
[18:18] | Does anybody need any coffee or anything? | 有人想喝咖啡或者什么吗 |
[18:20] | – No, thank you, Judge. – No, thank you. | -不 谢谢 法官 -不 谢谢 |
[18:22] | Mr. Lasenthal, how can a man with your resume | 拉森索尔先生 像你这样的精英 |
[18:25] | possibly let this happen? | 怎么会任由这种事发生 |
[18:27] | Your Honor, there’s a limit to my ability | 法官大人 我的能力有限 |
[18:29] | to let or not let things happen. | 没法阻止事情的发展 |
[18:31] | Not much of a limit. | 不是特别有限吧 |
[18:33] | Mr. McAvoy is aware of the identity of someone | 麦卡沃伊先生知道 |
[18:36] | who has committed in excess of 27,000 counts of theft | 偷窃超过27000件政府财物 |
[18:39] | of government property, disclosure of classified documents, | 泄漏机密文件 |
[18:42] | and conspiracy to commit espionage. | 并共谋犯下间谍罪的人的身份 |
[18:45] | The suspect remains at large and presents | 该嫌犯现在潜逃中 |
[18:47] | a clear and present danger to national security. | 他对国家安全是个明确的威胁 |
[18:50] | Why is he not protected by the First Amendment? | 为什么他不受到第一修正案保护 |
[18:53] | Because the court in Branzburg denied the press | 因为布莱兹伯格一案的法院裁定 |
[18:55] | First Amendment protection when they’re subpoenaed | 新闻工作者在罪案调查的大陪审团前 |
[18:57] | to testify before a grand jury in a criminal case. | 不受第一修正案保护 |
[19:00] | Counsel? | 辩护人 |
[19:01] | Sir, the court in Branzburg also said | 先生 布莱兹伯格一案也表示 |
[19:03] | that a journalist need not comply with a grand jury subpoena | 当存在恶意骚扰时 |
[19:06] | where there’s bad faith or harassment. | 记者无需服从大陪审团的传唤 |
[19:08] | The government has raided my client’s newsroom, | 政府部门搜查了我客户的编辑室 |
[19:11] | seized hard drives, and threatened him | 拿走了硬盘 还威胁 |
[19:13] | with criminal prosecution under the Espionage Act. | 要以间谍罪起诉他 |
[19:15] | In this case, a journalist participated in the crime. | 本案中 一位记者参与了犯罪 |
[19:19] | He didn’t pull on a ski mask, Judge. | 他又没有戴着面罩到处抢劫 法官 |
[19:21] | – He may have unwittingly– – He didn’t do anything unwittingly. | -他可能无意中 -他根本不是无意的 |
[19:23] | – He is the senior editor – You are speculating on | -他是ACN在线的 -你是在向第三方 |
[19:25] | – of ACN Digital. – whether a third party– | -资深编辑 -投机… |
[19:26] | All right, all right. | 好了 好了 |
[19:28] | Mr. McAvoy, is there anything you’d like to say? | 麦卡沃伊先生 你有什么想说的吗 |
[19:31] | I haven’t heard a request from the prosecutor, sir. | 我还不知道检察官的要求是什么 |
[19:34] | Am I crazy, or have you argued in my court? | 我是疯了吗 你是不是在我的庭上办过案子 |
[19:36] | You’re not crazy, sir. | 你没疯 先生 |
[19:38] | Brooklyn Criminal Court, Part C. | 布鲁克林刑事法庭的刑事庭 |
[19:40] | – How’d I do? – You were very fair. | -我判得怎么样 -很公正 |
[19:44] | Does Your Honor need to recuse himself? | 法官大人需要回避吗 |
[19:46] | I want counsel to take care of this. | 我希望辩护人能自行解决这事 |
[19:48] | I don’t want to see the press | 明天早上我上班时 |
[19:49] | on the steps when I come in to work tomorrow. | 不想看到台阶上围了一大群媒体 |
[19:51] | And I absolutely don’t | 我也绝对不想 |
[19:52] | want to see you in my courtroom on Thursday, | 星期四在法庭上见到你 |
[19:55] | which I strongly suspect is what’s going to happen | 不过我强烈觉得还是会见到你们 |
[19:58] | as Mr. McAvoy does not strike me | 因为我不觉得麦卡沃伊先生 |
[20:00] | as someone who is likely to cave, | 在有这么多人关注此事时 |
[20:03] | especially with everybody watching. | 会向你妥协 |
[20:05] | It was foolish of you, Mr. Lasenthal. | 你实在是太不明智了 拉森索尔先生 |
[20:07] | The DOJ should not have let it go this far. | 司法部不该让事情发展到这种地步 |
[20:09] | The Department of Justice, | 法官大人 |
[20:10] | Your Honor, is not playing a strategic game. | 持法部门并不是在玩什么策略游戏 |
[20:12] | We have to arrest his source | 我们必须得逮捕他的线人 |
[20:14] | and the government of the United States | 美国政府部门会 |
[20:16] | will avail itself of every legal measure to do that. | 利用一切法律手段来达到目标 |
[20:19] | The government’s request is granted. | 政府部门的要求得到批准 |
[20:21] | Mr. McAvoy, you’re directed to appear | 麦卡沃伊先生 明天早上 |
[20:24] | before the grand jury at 10:00 A.M. tomorrow. | 十点之前你要在陪审团之前到场 |
[20:28] | – I have a logic problem. – Maggie, what’s going on over there? | -我有个逻辑的问题 -玛姬 怎么回事 |
[20:31] | – His logic is inconsistent. – How? | -他的逻辑根本不通 -为什么 |
[20:34] | He doesn’t believe the | 他认为 |
[20:35] | source should have leaked classified documents. | 线人本不该泄漏机密文件 |
[20:37] | – Neither do I. – But he’s unwilling to help law enforcement | -我也这么想 -但是他却不愿帮助执法部门 |
[20:39] | capture the source by identifying him. | 指认他 抓到线人 |
[20:41] | He can’t. I’d be unwilling and so would you. | 他不会这么做 我和你也不会 |
[20:43] | I know, but following that logic, | 我知道 但按这个逻辑 |
[20:45] | he should also not be willing to broadcast the story. | 他应该也不愿意报道这个事件 |
[20:47] | If he believes no one should ever leak | 如果他认为没人应该泄密 |
[20:49] | because it poses a critical threat, | 因为这会带来严重的威胁 |
[20:50] | then why is he broadcasting the story? | 那为什么他还要报道这个事件 |
[20:52] | Well, I can’t speak for Will, but I will. | 我不知道威尔怎么想 但我会报道的 |
[20:54] | This leak, he believes, is a good leak. | 他认为这次泄密本意是好的 |
[20:56] | What he’s very reasonably worried about is the bad leaks. | 他真正担心的是恶意的泄密 |
[20:58] | So he’d prefer there are no leaks. | 所以他希望没有任何泄密 |
[20:59] | You and Will are making the same unilateral decision | 你和威尔都和泄密者一样做单边决定 |
[21:01] | you don’t want a leaker to make. | 这种决定是你不想让泄密者做出的 |
[21:02] | I trust strangers less than I trust me. | 相比陌生人 我更相信我自己 |
[21:03] | Your logic is consistent, though horrifying. | 你的逻辑尽管前后一直 依然很吓人 |
[21:05] | No one’s gonna ever guess you guys are a couple. | 没人会以为你们俩是情侣的 |
[21:07] | All right, listen. Listen up. | 大家都听好了 |
[21:08] | He’s refusing to leave without his kids | 他不带上孩子就不会离开 |
[21:10] | and his youngest kid | 而且他最小的孩子 |
[21:11] | – doesn’t have a passport. – Jesus. All right. | -还没有护照 -天哪 好吧 |
[21:12] | We got to get the kid a passport. | 我们得给那孩子搞个护照 |
[21:13] | The State has to expedite that. | 国务院必须要加快速度 |
[21:14] | The State Department can only issue US passports. | 国务院只能派发美国护照 |
[21:16] | – They’ve got to walk over to the embassy– – And tell them what? | -他们得走到大使馆 -然后怎么说 |
[21:18] | – Where are we? – Just… | -现在什么情况 -等等… |
[21:21] | We need a favor. Whatever it is they do. | 我们需要求个人情 尽力办到 |
[21:22] | Can I talk to you a minute? | 我能跟你谈一下么 |
[21:30] | The youngest of his three kids doesn’t have a passport. | 他三个孩子中最小的那个没有护照 |
[21:33] | State’s got 30 hours to get him one. | 国务院还有30个小时给他办护照 |
[21:34] | We are talking to mid-level people | 跟我们谈的都是中层人士 |
[21:36] | and the US Department of State | 而美国国务院 |
[21:37] | isn’t hopping to it when we give them instructions. | 才不会听我们的指示呢 |
[21:39] | You have to tell me why we have to air the story | 你得告诉我为什么我们要明晚前 |
[21:41] | tomorrow night and not a week from tomorrow night. | 报道这条新闻 而不是一周后的明晚 |
[21:53] | All right, I’m gonna be out for about four hours. | 好吧 我要出去大概四个小时 |
[21:55] | Once we run the story, we’ve shot the hostage. | 一旦我们报道了 我们就杀了人质 |
[21:57] | Will has no more leverage. | 那样威尔就没有筹码了 |
[21:58] | If we don’t run the story, why don’t we all just go home? | 如果我们不报道 我们还不如都回家呢 |
[22:02] | Four hours. Don’t ask me where I was when I come back. | 四个小时 我回来时别问我去哪了 |
[22:07] | And what we say is important is important. | 我们说什么重要 那就是很重要 |
[22:11] | The news reflects back to us our national character | 新闻是对国家品性的反映 |
[22:14] | and I don’t like seeing | 而且我不想看到 |
[22:15] | a bored and boring teenager in the mirror. | 反映出来的是个无所事事的年轻人 |
[22:18] | What we say is important is important. | 我们认为重要的新闻就重要 |
[22:21] | It’s a solid business, Toni. | 这是个可靠的生意 托妮 |
[22:22] | Locked-in carriage contracts | 锁定的电视传输合同 |
[22:23] | with every MVPD and they’re staggered. | 有多频道视频节目发布权 能够交叉互利 |
[22:25] | The carriage fees are due for a hike | 传输费用很快就会上涨 |
[22:27] | that could double revenues by itself over the next decade. | 这样在接下来的十年就会有双倍收入 |
[22:30] | Can you talk about valuation? Earnings before interest? | 那估值和息前收益呢 |
[22:34] | You’ll look at our books and see it’s in the sweet spot | 你可以看我们的账目 这些都不错 |
[22:35] | and the deal would be accretive to your earnings. | 而且这项交易会增加你的收入 |
[22:37] | – It would pay for itself? – And then some. | -我会收回成本 -还会赚一些 |
[22:41] | Have you decided what you would like? | 您决定要点什么了吗 |
[22:44] | A news network. | 一家新闻网 |
[22:54] | You were on fire in there. | 你刚才在那太给力了 |
[22:57] | I didn’t understand half | 我有一半都不懂 |
[22:58] | or really any of what you were saying, but– | 或者说是根本都不懂你在说什么 但是 |
[23:00] | You were able to follow when | 当她说周四和董事会见面 |
[23:01] | she said she’s meeting with her board on Thursday | 而且会给我们一个想要的答案时 |
[23:03] | and she thinks we’ll have an answer we’ll like? | 你还是能听懂的吧 |
[23:06] | Just tell me one thing. Is she eccentric? | 就告诉我一件事 她古怪不 |
[23:09] | – How do you mean? – She didn’t eat her food. | -什么意思 -她没有吃东西 |
[23:12] | She pushed it around a little, | 她随便扒拉了几下 |
[23:13] | but she plainly doesn’t like sushi. | 但她很明显不喜欢寿司 |
[23:15] | Why set a meeting at a restaurant where they only serve sushi? | 那为什么在一个只有寿司的店见面 |
[23:18] | Boss, you may be overthinking that. | 老板 你可能是想多了 |
[23:20] | That’s hardly ever the problem. | 这几乎都不算个问题 |
[23:22] | We’ll find out Thursday. | 我们到周四就知道了 |
[23:25] | 兰利 10英里 阿灵顿 15英里 华盛顿 20英里 | |
[23:31] | It’s ahead on the left. | 就在前面左拐 |
[23:33] | Just here. | 就这里 |
[23:47] | You can keep the meter running. | 你可以不停表 |
[23:55] | – No umbrella? – You either. | -没带伞 -你也是 |
[23:58] | Should we sit in your car? | 我们可以去你车里吗 |
[24:00] | They may be tapping my car. | 他们可能在监听我的车 |
[24:02] | I disabled the GPS, but they can still get in. | 我关闭了GPS 但他们还能黑进我的车 |
[24:05] | – We need more time. – I told you tomorrow night. | -我们需要时间 -我说了明晚 |
[24:07] | – Lilly. – Tomorrow night or I just have to upload the documents. | -莉莉 -明晚 要不我就上传文件 |
[24:10] | – The writer of the story– – We’re the writer of the story. | -那则新闻作者 -我们是新闻作者 |
[24:12] | Joseph Bartho, who physically wrote the story, | 约瑟夫·巴罗 真正的作者 |
[24:14] | whose name is on it, and who is paid by the US government, | 报纸有名字的那人 美国政府给他付钱 |
[24:17] | is still on the ground because | 但他还在当地 因为 |
[24:18] | one of his kids doesn’t have a passport yet. | 他的一个孩子没有护照 |
[24:21] | If we run the story before Bartho and his family are out, | 如果我们在他和他的家人走之前报道新闻 |
[24:24] | the best-case scenario is he gets a trial before he’s executed. | 最好的情况是他死之前还能有一次审判 |
[24:28] | And if you dump the documents without them being vetted, | 而且如果你在未审查的情况下公布文件 |
[24:30] | there’s a very good chance other people will be in danger. | 很有可能另外一些人会陷入危险 |
[24:33] | You really don’t need to speak to me like I’m dim-witted. | 你真的不用当我是傻子一样跟我说话 |
[24:35] | Please lift the deadline. | 拜托往后推迟 |
[24:37] | Give me a reason to trust you. | 给我一个信任你的理由 |
[24:39] | You already did. You reached out to us. | 你已经信任了 你找到了我们 |
[24:41] | Not the other way around. | 不是我们找到了你 |
[24:42] | But you’ve been talking to the government. | 但你一直在跟政府交流 |
[24:44] | We got an invitation to | 我们是受政府邀请 |
[24:45] | talk to the government. It’s called a subpoena. | 跟政府交谈的 那东西叫传票 |
[24:47] | They also made an unannounced drop-by called a raid. | 他们还未经通知来访 那叫突击搜查 |
[24:49] | I’m not talking about that. | 我不是说那些 |
[24:51] | You said that you’ve been | 你说你一直在跟 |
[24:52] | working with the government to vet the material. | 政府合作 核查那些文件 |
[24:54] | – Of course we are. – You trust them? | -我们当然要这么做 -你相信他们吗 |
[24:56] | – In my way. – You don’t trust them any more than I do. | -可以这么说 -你不比我更相信他们 |
[25:00] | Please lift the deadline. | 请延长最后期限 |
[25:03] | I reached out to Neal, not to you. | 我联系的是尼尔 不是你 |
[25:06] | Well, Neal’s in Venezuela, Lilly. | 尼尔在委内瑞拉 莉莉 |
[25:09] | And you know what? | 你知道吗 |
[25:10] | Why aren’t you? | 为什么不是你 |
[25:12] | Why haven’t you said, | 为什么你不说 |
[25:13] | “This has gone too far. Let’s switch places. | “这事太过分了 我们换个位置 |
[25:15] | “I’ll go to a country with no extradition treaty. | “我去一个没有引渡条款的国家 |
[25:17] | “You’re now free to disclose my name. | “你们可以随意公开我的名字 |
[25:19] | “Neal can come home and Will can stop spending his days | “尼尔可以回家 威尔也不用在大陪审团前 |
[25:22] | “in front of a grand jury.” Why hasn’t that happened? | “浪费时间” 为什么不是这样 |
[25:23] | You really think the price | 你真的以为 |
[25:24] | for telling the truth should be that high? | 说出真相的代价有这么大 |
[25:30] | No, I don’t. | 不 我不这样想 |
[25:34] | I promise the story will be reported. | 我保证报道会被播出 |
[25:37] | Well, I can’t promise anything. | 我不能保证任何事 |
[25:39] | – Really? – Look, McAvoy’s a Republican. | -真的吗 -麦卡沃伊是位共和党人 |
[25:41] | – I know he thinks I’m a criminal. – He’s a journalist. | -他认为我是在犯罪 -他是位记者 |
[25:43] | His politics don’t have anything– | 他的政治观点没有任何 |
[25:44] | “Worst-period-generation-period-ever-period.” | “这个史上最糟糕最悲剧的年代” |
[25:47] | That was spoken in the middle of a very difficult– | 这是在极端情况下讲出来… |
[25:48] | I reached out to Neal, so I can’t promise anything. | 我联系的是尼尔 我不能保证任何事 |
[25:55] | You know, it wouldn’t matter if you did. | 你记着 就算你保证也不重要 |
[25:57] | I trust you less than I trust them. | 比起他们我更不信任你 |
[26:00] | Dump the documents and I’ll quit my job, | 要是我泄露了文件 我会辞职 |
[26:03] | walk to the FBI, and give them your name. | 走进联邦调查局 说出你的名字 |
[26:07] | – Trust that. – Fuck you. | -听我一句 -滚 |
[26:11] | We can go back to the airport now. | 我们可以回机场了 |
[26:20] | Mr. McAvoy, I have here a court order directing you | 麦卡沃伊先生 我这有法院命令指示你 |
[26:22] | to tell us the name of the individual | 告诉我们 |
[26:24] | that is the target of this investigation. | 调查对象的名字 |
[26:26] | – Will you comply with the court order? – No, sir. | -你会服从法院命令吗 -不 先生 |
[26:29] | – You won’t comply with the court order? – No, sir. | -你不会服从法院命令 -不服从 先生 |
[26:37] | I saw a lot of spirit in that shot, a lot of guts. | 我从这一击看到了很多精神 很多勇气 |
[26:39] | Shut it, Fast Eddie. | 闭嘴吧 快手艾迪 |
[26:41] | Why are hot women in movies always great at pool? | 为什么电影里的女人都是台球高手 |
[26:43] | Is that what men like? A hot girl who plays nine-ball? | 男人喜欢这型的吗 会打九球的辣妹 |
[26:46] | You could have said anything after “Hot girl” | 无论会做什么的”辣妹” |
[26:48] | – and the answer would have been– – All right. | -那答案就会是 -明白了 |
[26:54] | Oh, brother. | 天啊 |
[26:55] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[26:57] | Hallie posted a column. You ready? | 哈莉发表了一篇专栏 想听吗 |
[27:00] | “Old Media Guy and New Media Girl: | “旧媒体男生和新媒体女生 |
[27:02] | “An Analog Romance.” | “古板浪漫” |
[27:04] | – What’s it about? – What do you think it’s about? | -关于什么的 -你以为呢 |
[27:06] | – Him? – Yeah. | -他吗 -对 |
[27:07] | It’s pretty personal, but in her defense, | 这相当私人 不过为哈莉说句话 |
[27:10] | she doesn’t use his name. | 她没用男朋友的名字 |
[27:11] | – What does she call him? – Jim? | -她怎么称呼男朋友 -吉姆吗 |
[27:13] | – Yeah. – Tim. | -对 -蒂姆 |
[27:16] | Hallie is an excellent reporter. | 哈莉是位优秀的记者 |
[27:18] | And she’s reporting on a fight she’s having with her boyfriend. | 她在报道她和男朋友之间的争吵 |
[27:21] | – She’s working a tough beat. – It’s a lot more than that. | -够强力的报道 -还不止这些 |
[27:23] | Okay, read it. | 读读看 |
[27:24] | “My boyfriend loves me, but he doesn’t like me. | “我男朋友爱我 但是他不喜欢我 |
[27:27] | “He definitely doesn’t follow me. He disapproves of me.” | “他绝对没有关注我 他不赞成我” |
[27:30] | Maybe he just disapproves | 也许他只是不赞成 |
[27:31] | of using the word “Me” four times in the lead. | 在导语里用四个”我” |
[27:34] | How would you have written it instead? | 那你会怎么写 |
[27:36] | I’m not a professional writer, | 我不是职业记者 |
[27:37] | but I’d have maybe tweaked the opening so it read, | 不过我也许把导语改成 |
[27:38] | “I am not making my private life | “我不会把我的私人生活 |
[27:40] | “and the private lives of others available for entertainment | “和他人的私人生活供大众娱乐 |
[27:42] | “so I can get comments like, ‘You stay strong, Hallie. | “因此来获得 ‘坚强点 哈莉 |
[27:45] | “‘He doesn’t deserve you.'” Seven in the corner. | “‘他配不上你'”这样的评论 角落里的7号球 |
[27:47] | I have been a witness to Jim being a condescending– | 我亲眼见过吉姆高高在上自以为是 |
[27:52] | Look, there’s nothing wrong with this. | 听着 这没有什么错 |
[27:53] | It’s relatable and interesting and she can write like crazy. | 这故事真实有趣 她也是个好写手 |
[27:56] | Did she ask Jim’s permission | 在把吉姆写进报道前 |
[27:57] | before deputizing him into her well-written– | 她有没有取得吉姆许可 |
[27:58] | Why are you so quick to defend Jim? | 你为什么想都不想 就为吉姆说话 |
[28:01] | Why are you so quick to defend Hallie? | 你为什么想都不想 就为哈莉说话 |
[28:03] | Because she’s going to be attacked by Jim. | 因为她很快就会被吉姆攻击 |
[28:05] | Probably not in print, but I don’t think that’s the reason. | 很可能不在媒体上 不过我想这不是原因 |
[28:07] | I’m always grateful when a man | 我总是感激一个男人 |
[28:08] | can tell me why I’m thinking what I’m thinking. | 能说出我在想什么 为什么这么想 |
[28:10] | You’re into Jim and you don’t want to be a jealous cliche, | 你喜欢吉姆 但你不想表现出嫉妒 |
[28:13] | so you defend Hallie for show. | 所以你故意为哈莉辩护 |
[28:16] | And it’s a classy thing to do, | 这么做很常见 |
[28:17] | but at some point we’re | 不过总有一刻 |
[28:18] | going to have to discuss how that makes me feel | 我们要讨论下我知道了 |
[28:20] | to know that any man in your life is going to be the runner-up. | 你生命中的其他男人都会变成备胎后的感受 |
[28:25] | You really believe that? | 你真的这么想 |
[28:58] | Still got my security key. | 我还有门卡 |
[29:09] | This place has gone to hell without me. | 这地方没我快成地狱了 |
[29:21] | It’s almost 1:00 in the morning, Jim. | 快到凌晨一点了 吉姆 |
[29:22] | Are you not coming home or answering my calls or texts? | 你还是不回家 不接电话不回短信吗 |
[29:30] | I told you my editor wanted me to write more personally. | 我告诉过你 我的编辑让我多带点个人色彩 |
[29:36] | There are classified documents in this room. | 这间房间里有机密文件 |
[29:38] | You can’t be in here. | 你不能待在这 |
[29:58] | It was an invasion of privacy. I’m really sorry for that. | 那篇文章侵犯了隐私 我很抱歉 |
[30:01] | I was mad. We had just had the last fight | 我当时气疯了 我们刚吵过架 |
[30:02] | and I went into the other room and wrote it. | 然后我进了另一个房间写了它 |
[30:05] | You know my computer doesn’t trust me. | 你知道我的电脑不信任我 |
[30:08] | It always asks are you sure you want to do this? | 它总是问我你确定要这么做吗 |
[30:09] | But it never asks before I hit– | 但从来不在我按出之前问 |
[30:11] | I don’t care about the invasion of privacy. I wish I did. | 我不在乎侵犯隐私 我倒是希望我在乎 |
[30:16] | I’ve been here for hours | 我用了好几个小时 |
[30:18] | trying to make myself mad because it was an invasion of privacy. | 想让自己因为被侵犯隐私而生气 |
[30:21] | And the crowd would be on my side. That’s a no-brainer. | 群众会支持我的 这很容易 |
[30:23] | You don’t like me very much. | 你有点讨厌我 |
[30:24] | And I wish I didn’t like you so much. | 我倒希望如此 |
[30:29] | Took five fucking days, Hallie, | 哈莉 你用了他妈五天 |
[30:31] | for you to give yourself your own reality show. | 演了一出真人秀 |
[30:33] | I understand your wanting to insult me right now, | 我知道你现在就是想侮辱我 |
[30:35] | but that’s not what I did. | 但我没有 |
[30:37] | Writing about the media, writing about the New York elite, | 写媒体 写纽约精英 |
[30:40] | telling personal stories that resonate with readers | 写人们能与之产生共鸣的故事 |
[30:42] | doesn’t take one cent away from covering Syria | 根本不会影响对叙利亚 |
[30:45] | and Afghanistan and Washington. | 阿富汗或者华盛顿的报道 |
[30:47] | There are foreign correspondents, | 我们有驻外记者 |
[30:49] | sports correspondents, fashion correspondents. | 也有体育记者和时尚记者 |
[30:51] | And an unbearable correspondent. | 还有让人忍无可忍 |
[30:53] | Jealous of the New York elites? I’ve got you covered. | 嫉妒纽约精英的记者 我说全了吧 |
[30:55] | A movie star was at an environmental fundraiser | 某影星参加环保筹款会 |
[30:57] | and they rode on a private jet? | 但他们却开私人飞机 |
[30:59] | Here’s your phony outrage. | 听听你虚假的愤怒吧 |
[31:01] | Feeling a little like you didn’t make the cut? | 你觉得自己不够好 |
[31:03] | I hereby declare that amateurs are awesome | 我在此宣布业余记者碉堡了 |
[31:06] | and professionals are so 20 years ago. | 专业记者是二十年前的事了 |
[31:09] | Only instead of professionals, I’m gonna say old media, | 只是我不说专业记者 我说老媒体 |
[31:12] | and instead of Jim, I’m gonna say Tim | 不说吉姆 我说提姆 |
[31:13] | because I’m Hallie Shea, Senior Fuck You Correspondent | 因为我是哈莉·谢伊 高级你麻痹记者 |
[31:16] | – and I’ve decided to become a star. – Are you drunk? | -而且我已经决定转行做明星了 -你喝多了吗 |
[31:18] | Did you out yourself about the | 你曝出自己是写波士顿推特的记者 |
[31:19] | Boston tweet to make sure no one suspected anyone else | 是为了让别人不受牵连 |
[31:22] | or did you do it to let our enemies know you were available? | 还是想让我们的敌人知道你恢复自由身了 |
[31:24] | Do you hear the way you’re talking right now? | 你知道你现在在说什么吗 |
[31:26] | – Our enemies? – Did you? | -我们的敌人 -到底为什么 |
[31:28] | I’m gonna stay at my place tonight. | 我今天回自己家去 |
[31:32] | Do you mind if I tell you something? | 我能说一句吗 |
[31:33] | Your problem isn’t with me and it isn’t with the site. | 你的问题与我和网站无关 |
[31:35] | It’s with the audience. | 你对观众有看法 |
[31:36] | You don’t like that they like what they like | 你不满意他们的品味 |
[31:38] | because you need them to like you and that’s no different– | 因为你需要他们喜欢你 这和… |
[31:40] | I don’t give a shit about me or liking me | 我才不在乎我 不在乎有没有人喜欢 |
[31:42] | or following me or friending me or trending. | 是不是我的粉丝追随者 也不在乎潮流 |
[31:46] | It’s just ugly. | 只因为这太丑陋 |
[31:47] | I think you’re threatened by technology. | 我认为你是受到了科技的威胁 |
[31:49] | I beam a signal into outer space every night. | 我每天晚上都向外太空发信号 |
[31:51] | I’m not scared of your Samsung Galaxy. What else you got? | 我也不怕你的三星Galaxy 还有什么 |
[31:53] | I want to be part of the digital revolution. | 我想成为数字革命的一员 |
[31:55] | I want to be part of– | 我想参与… |
[31:56] | Oh, my God! I am not talking about the apparatus. | 天哪 我说的不是数不数字 |
[32:03] | Just tell me you know I’m right. Please. Please. | 告诉我你知道我是对的 求你了 |
[32:06] | At least tell me that. | 就告诉我这一句 |
[32:08] | Tell me when you knock away the digital revolution bullshit– | 当你说完那些数字革命的废话 |
[32:11] | “We’re not beholden to corporate masters.” | 那些”我们没被企业巨头牵制”的话 |
[32:14] | Yeah, or any standard of good taste. | 还有任何对于好品味的标准之后 |
[32:16] | Tell me, please, that you know all you did | 请你告诉我 你所做的就是 |
[32:18] | was have a fight with your boyfriend and litigate it in public. | 和男朋友吵了一架然后把它公之于众了 |
[32:21] | Because I have spent time with hardcore drug movers | 因为我和毒枭接触过 |
[32:23] | and they don’t pretend they’re selling medicine. | 他们都不假装自己是卖药的 |
[32:37] | Yeah, I’m drunk. | 是 我是喝多了 |
[33:21] | – I’m gonna miss you. – You’re gonna miss a lot of things, Jim. | -我会想你的 -你想念的事多了 吉姆 |
[33:42] | – Yeah? – If he sentences you, where do you go? | -干嘛 -如果他给你判刑了 你会去哪啊 |
[33:45] | Nowhere. He’s not gonna find me in contempt. | 哪也不去 他不会判我藐视法庭的 |
[33:47] | – But if he does? – Manhattan Correctional Center. | -要是他判了呢 -曼哈顿惩戒中心 |
[33:50] | That’s a real jail. | 这是个真的监狱 |
[33:51] | And you’ve been shot at and you’ve been stabbed. | 你还被子弹崩过被刀捅过呢 |
[33:55] | It’s 1:30. | 现在一点半了 |
[33:56] | I think that’s your phone. | 是你的电话 |
[34:07] | We need a table or a dresser | 我们需要张桌子或者梳妆台 |
[34:09] | where I can put my phone. | 给我放手机 |
[34:12] | Also walls and electricity. | 还有墙和电 |
[34:14] | Hello. | 你好 |
[34:16] | Is it Rebecca? Is it Charlie? | 是丽贝卡吗 还是查理 |
[34:18] | It wouldn’t be Charlie. It’d be Rebecca. Is it work? | 不会是查理 因该是丽贝卡 工作的事吗 |
[34:20] | It would’ve been my phone if it was work. Is it Rebecca? | 要是工作的事会打给我的 是丽贝卡吗 |
[34:22] | Hang on. | 等一下 |
[34:27] | Yeah? | 你说 |
[34:30] | Okay. | 好的 |
[34:31] | No court tomorrow. The hearing’s been moved to Friday. | 明天不上庭 听证会挪到周五了 |
[34:34] | Cedarman wants Lasenthal and Rebecca to work on a deal. | 希德曼希望拉森索尔和丽贝卡达成个协议 |
[34:37] | Does he know there won’t | 他知道我们不会同意 |
[34:38] | be a deal that involves not airing the story? | 任何要求取消报道的协议吧 |
[34:40] | What he knows is he doesn’t | 他只知道他不想成为那个 |
[34:41] | want to be the judge who locked up a news anchor. | 把新闻主播关起来的法官 |
[34:46] | I find your Irish stoicism– | 我觉得你这爱尔兰式的清心寡欲 |
[34:48] | – Sexy? – Irritating. | -很性感 -很烦人 |
[34:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[34:57] | He’s out. | 他出来了 |
[35:00] | Everybody. The whole family. Everybody’s out. | 全家每个人都安全撤出了 |
[35:02] | Here we go, tonight. | 好 今晚就播 |
[35:05] | Show me a rough sketch to time by 3:00. | 三点交一份草稿给我 |
[35:07] | Good job, everybody. Thank you. | 大家干的好 太感谢了 |
[35:09] | We’re not done yet. Good job, Don. | 我们还没完事呢 做得好 唐 |
[35:12] | Jim, you look sleepier than usual. | 吉姆 你看起来比平时还犯困 |
[35:15] | Tess, Gary, Kendra, Martin, Sloan, | 特丝 格雷 肯德拉 马丁 斯隆 |
[35:16] | you did nothing. | 你们啥都没干 |
[35:17] | – Maggie– – Mac. | -玛姬… -麦肯 |
[35:19] | Jenna, your future is limitless. | 洁娜 你前途无量 |
[35:21] | Reese wants to see you in his office. | 里斯要你去他的办公室见他 |
[35:22] | Now? | 现在吗 |
[35:36] | Reese? | 里斯 |
[35:38] | Come on in. Close the door, please. | 进来吧 请把门关上 |
[35:40] | Joseph Bartho and the Joseph Bartho Family Singers are out. | 约瑟夫·巴索和他的家人都撤出国了 |
[35:44] | We just got the word. They’re heading to France | 我们刚收到消息 他们正经过 |
[35:46] | via 14 connecting flights and a team of oxen. | 十四班转机然后坐牛车去法国呢 |
[35:49] | So we’re running the story tonight. | 所以我们今晚可以发布报道了 |
[35:50] | You can’t. I’m sorry, you can’t run it at all. | 不可以 抱歉 你不能发那篇报道 |
[35:59] | Why? | 为什么 |
[36:00] | Pruit. He signs a deal at the end of the day | 普鲁特 如果我们发那篇稿 |
[36:02] | and he won’t if we run the story. | 他今天就不会签约 |
[36:08] | Because of Will? | 为了威尔吗 |
[36:09] | Says he doesn’t think there’s a chance Cedarman’s gonna send him. | 据说他认为希德曼不会让他去 |
[36:12] | It’s not because of Will. He likes that Will’s going to jail. | 不是为了威尔 他希望威尔去监狱 |
[36:15] | He wants him to broadcast from there. | 他要他从那里播报新闻 |
[36:17] | I’m certain they won’t allow that. | 我确信他们不会允许 |
[36:18] | I’m certain they won’t, too. | 我也确信他们不会 |
[36:19] | – What’s the problem, Reese? – The fines. | -有什么问题 里斯 -罚款 |
[36:21] | His lawyers had to be told about the story | 他的律师团听说了那篇报道 |
[36:23] | and they’ve advised him that if the story was gathered illegally, | 他们建议如果那篇报道来源是非法的 |
[36:25] | the Justice Department can and | 司法部门可以 |
[36:26] | probably will impose crippling criminal fines. | 也很可能会提出巨额刑事罚款 |
[36:37] | – This is horseshit. – I know. | -胡说八道 -我知道 |
[36:39] | The source risked everything. | 线人不顾一切 |
[36:43] | Neal’s hiding in South America. | 尼尔躲在南美 |
[36:45] | Will is facing a grand jury. | 威尔在面对大陪审团 |
[36:47] | Bartho and his family fled the country. | 巴索和他的家人逃到国外 |
[36:49] | – And it was for nothing? – Mac. | -结果是白忙一场了吗 -麦肯 |
[36:50] | – It was for nothing? – Yeah. | -白忙一场了吗 -是的 |
[36:55] | Selling the company is the | 把公司卖掉 |
[36:56] | only way you get to live to fight another day. | 你才能养精蓄锐伺机再战 |
[36:58] | Do we ever get to win one? | 我们到底有没有打赢的那天 |
[37:04] | I’ve got to go and tell the staff. | 我现在去告诉员工 |
[37:06] | Hey, Mac. You know, the fight with the grand jury isn’t over. | 麦肯 跟大陪审团的战还没打完 |
[37:10] | – They still want his source. – I know. | -他们仍想知道他的线人 -我知道 |
[37:12] | Since the day you got here, | 从你来这里的那天开始 |
[37:14] | Will’s been having a battle with himself. | 威尔就在与自身做斗争 |
[37:15] | Is he a real journalist or just good on TV? | 他是一名真正的新闻工作者还是只会上镜 |
[37:18] | You ever think he might be doing this for you? | 你想过他可能是为你才这么做的吗 |
[37:21] | Because I don’t think there’s | 因为我认为 |
[37:22] | not a chance he’s gonna be sent to jail. | 他不可能不进监狱 |
[37:24] | I’ve got his ring on my finger. | 他的戒指戴在我指头上 |
[37:26] | He’s not doing this to win my approval. | 他这么做不是为了得到我的认同 |
[37:29] | Then it would be the first thing I’ve seen him do that wasn’t. | 那可就是我见到的头一桩了 |
[37:38] | I’m going to tell the staff. | 我要去告诉员工们了 |
[37:40] | – I’m sorry. – Thank you. | -我很遗憾 -谢谢 |
[38:19] | Can I make a suggestion which, | 我可不可以提个建议 |
[38:20] | if you think about it, makes a lot of sense? | 然后你思考一下看行得通吗 |
[38:23] | Don’t say anything. | 什么也别说 |
[38:25] | Have Rebecca go to Lasenthal and say we’re willing | 让丽贝卡去找拉森索尔告诉他 |
[38:26] | to kill the story in exchange for everybody’s off the hook. | 我们愿意撤下这篇报道换取大家的自由 |
[38:29] | Do you think there’s a chance | 你认为威尔会给丽贝卡 |
[38:30] | Will would let Rebecca utter those words? | 说出那句话的机会吗 |
[38:32] | No. | 不会 |
[38:38] | Let’s pack the documents up in cartons and label everything. | 把文件装到纸箱里 然后给它们贴标签吧 |
[38:43] | Yep. | 好 |
[38:46] | Who’s the most responsible reporter you can name? | 在你心里谁是最负责任的记者 |
[38:48] | – You. – Thank you. | -你 -谢谢 |
[38:50] | Who doesn’t work here. | 不在这里工作的人 |
[38:53] | Maybe someone who could use a break. | 需要换换口味的人 |
[38:56] | Responsible how? | 怎么个负责任法 |
[39:04] | There is an old teacher of mine from Columbia. | 我有个在哥伦比亚教过我的老师 |
[39:06] | She mostly gets garbage assignments now ’cause she’s in her 70s. | 她已经七十多岁了 所以她只能做烂新闻 |
[39:09] | Write her name down. | 把她的名字写下 |
[39:19] | I just heard. Sorry, Bubba. | 我刚听说了 很遗憾 哥们 |
[39:23] | Good afternoon. | 下午好 |
[39:29] | I’ll tell you, Mr. Geary, this isn’t the best time. | 告诉你 吉里先生 现在不是好时机 |
[39:31] | You two are a couple. | 你们两个是一对 |
[39:33] | We’re not, but maybe we can do this later. | 我们不是 不过能不能以后再谈这事 |
[39:35] | No, you are. I have a signed letter declaring that you are. | 不 你们是 在一封署名信上写着 |
[39:38] | It was sitting in my office | 这封信被埋在我办公室里 |
[39:39] | in a pile of things I hadn’t gotten to yet. | 堆积如山还没时间处理的东西里 |
[39:41] | – Somebody ratted us out? – Yes. | -有人出卖我们了吗 -是的 |
[39:43] | Nobody around here would drop a dime. You’re blowing smoke. | 这里的人都守口如瓶 你在虚张声势 |
[39:45] | – Who cheesed? – Okay, Mugsy. | -是谁说的 -好了 马格西 |
[39:47] | You did. | 是你 |
[39:48] | – You did. – Which one of us are you talking to? | -是你 -你在说谁 |
[39:51] | – I think you know. – What’s he talking about? | -我想你知道 -他在说什么 |
[39:52] | Sloan wrote a letter to HR declaring the two of you a couple. | 斯隆给人事部写信揭露你们是一对 |
[39:56] | Yeah, it was after you made | 没错 就在你听了我给你的小道消息 |
[39:56] | $125 on the Chipotle trade I tipped you off to. | 以125美元一股买了Chipotle股票后写的 |
[39:59] | We spent the last two weeks | 过去两周时间我们 |
[40:00] | trying to conceal from this man that we’re dating | 一直努力向他隐瞒我们交往的事 |
[40:01] | and the whole time you knew | 而在此期间你一直都知道 |
[40:02] | you’d sent him a letter saying we were dating? | 你写过信告诉他我们在交往 |
[40:04] | – Mm-hmm. – Why? | -是的 -为什么 |
[40:05] | Well, obviously I was hoping he’d never find out. | 显然我希望他不会发现 |
[40:07] | But you knew he was gonna read the letter eventually. | 但你知道他总有一天会看到那封信的 |
[40:08] | Eventually is a wonderful time of day. | 总有一天是个完美时间点 |
[40:11] | This was a cross that bridge when we get to it situation for me. | 对我来说 这就是所谓的船到桥头自然直 |
[40:14] | And here we are. We’re at the bridge. | 我们到桥头了 该顺其自然了 |
[40:15] | – Wyatt– – Is lying to corporate something you do habitually? | -怀亚特 -你习惯性向公司说谎吗 |
[40:18] | Don and I like to make decisions | 唐和我喜欢按情况分析 |
[40:19] | about lying on a case-by-case basis. | 决定是否有必要说谎 |
[40:21] | Maybe you’ve helped enough. | 你还是别说话了吧 |
[40:22] | Please, don’t transfer one of us. | 拜托了 别调走我们其中任何一个 |
[40:25] | We don’t work together enough, but the little we do works. | 我们合作不多 但每次合作都很愉快 |
[40:28] | And if you ask Sloan to choose between me and her job, | 要是你让斯隆在工作和我之间选择其一 |
[40:30] | you wouldn’t be able to get | 她一定会在你话音未落之前 |
[40:31] | that sentence out before she said her job, | 就脱口而出 选她的工作了 |
[40:33] | and I really like her and I’m trying to be good enough. | 我真的很喜欢她 我正在努力配上她 |
[40:35] | And this here is the best thing that I do. | 而这份工作是我最热爱的 |
[40:37] | And can I say one more thing? | 我能再说一件事吗 |
[40:38] | It’s just occurred to me that your company is only | 我刚刚才想到 你们公司 |
[40:40] | going to own my network until the end of the day, | 在今天结束之后才能掌管我们的电视台 |
[40:42] | so what the hell has this all been about? | 所以这段时间你是在干嘛 |
[40:45] | Come to think of it– – | 现在想想… |
[40:46] | I’m blown away you let me do it this long. | 我也很惊讶你竟然让我搞了这么久 |
[40:48] | Why did you do it this long? | 你为什么搞了这么久 |
[40:50] | Fun. | 好玩呗 |
[40:52] | I work in HR. | 我在人力资源部工作 |
[40:54] | Our days aren’t scored by the “Hallelujah Chorus.” | 那里可不会每天唱响《哈利路亚》 |
[40:58] | I don’t know anything about the story you were all working on, | 我不知道让你们一直忙碌的报道是什么 |
[41:02] | but I know enough to say sorry. | 但就我所知 我表示抱歉 |
[41:06] | Good luck to the two of you. | 祝两位好运 |
[41:08] | I’m a big fan. | 我是你们的粉丝 |
[41:11] | Put those Instagram photos back. | 把Instagram上的照片重发出来吧 |
[41:13] | – Yes, sir. – Why haven’t we heard anything yet? | -好 先生 -为什么还没听到消息 |
[41:16] | The board’s still meeting. | 董事会还在进行中 |
[41:16] | Pruit just walked into the building. | 普鲁特刚刚走进这座楼 |
[41:18] | – He’s an hour early. – Yeah. | -他早到了一个小时 -是啊 |
[41:20] | What are you guys talking about? | 你们两个在说什么呢 |
[41:22] | The Bloomberg terminal will tell us everything we need to know. | 彭博终端会告知我们一切 |
[41:27] | Bloomberg terminal, tell us | 彭博终端显灵啊 |
[41:28] | what’s going on with Toni Dodd’s board meeting. | 跟我们说说托妮·多德懂事会的情况吧 |
[41:31] | It’s not a Ouija board. | 它不是占卜板 |
[41:32] | I wasn’t– I was just, you know, praying. | 我也没怎么…我就是祈祷一下 |
[41:34] | – What are you two– – Hang on. | -你们俩… -等一下 |
[41:37] | Their press rep just tweeted, | 他们的新闻代表刚刚发推了 |
[41:39] | “Exciting about major media acquisition | “激动人心的通告 主流媒体收购 |
[41:41] | coming at 5:00 PM.” | 将在下午五点发布” |
[41:43] | Go. Tell Reese. | 去吧 告诉里斯 |
[41:45] | So what’s going on? | 什么情况啊 |
[41:47] | We found a white knight. Antoinette Dodd’s gonna buy ACN. | 我们找到救星了 安托瓦妮特·多德会买下ACN |
[41:50] | – Are you kidding? – Hang on. | -不是开玩笑吧 -等一下 |
[41:51] | – No, seriously. – Hang on. | -不 我说真的 -等一下 |
[41:53] | – How did you do that? – Shit. | -你是怎么办到的 -该死 |
[41:56] | – What? – This can’t be happening. | -怎么了 -怎么会这样 |
[41:57] | I don’t know what you’re looking at. | 我看不懂这些东西 |
[41:58] | Options on Halifax just started trading up. | 哈利法克斯的期权交易额开始上涨 |
[42:01] | – The Halifax Group. – Halifax Group options– | -哈利法克斯公司 -哈利法克斯公司的期权… |
[42:04] | fuck! | 妈的 |
[42:06] | She’s buying Halifax. | 她在收购哈利法克斯 |
[42:08] | She met– I don’t believe this. | 她约… 难以置信 |
[42:09] | She met with us. She wanted them to think– | 我约见了我们 她想让他们认为… |
[42:11] | We were leverage. | 我们成了她的筹码 |
[42:15] | God damn it! | 你大爷的 |
[42:18] | There’s no need for airports. | 不需要机场 |
[42:20] | Just runways and a fence. | 跑道和护栏就够了 |
[42:22] | That’s a hell of a plan, Lucas. | 这计划真邪乎 卢卡斯 |
[42:24] | Dude, I told you in college that | 哥们 大学期间我就告诉过你 |
[42:26] | one day I was gonna buy a company out from under you. | 总有一天我会买下你的一间公司 |
[42:28] | I gave you, like, 15 years’ warning. | 我给了你长达十五年的警告 |
[42:30] | I remember you telling me you were sleeping with my girlfriend, | 我记得那时你跟我说 你睡了我女朋友 |
[42:33] | but not the second thing. | 但不记得你提过这事 |
[42:34] | You were probably in shock from the first thing. | 也许第一件事让你受惊过度了 |
[42:36] | Call it off! You don’t have to sell us to this pretentious ponce. | 不签了 不用卖给这个狂妄的娘娘腔了 |
[42:41] | Toni Dodd just got out of her board meeting | 托妮·多德刚刚开完董事会 |
[42:43] | and she’s gonna make a competitive offer. | 她会高价收购我们 |
[42:45] | So fuck you and fuck you again, you fiber-optic yak. | 所以你可以滚去死了 你个光纤小瘪三 |
[42:49] | Charlie. Charlie. | 查理 查理 |
[42:54] | What Sloan’s telling Charlie is that people are buying | 斯隆正在告诉查理 |
[42:56] | Halifax at the current stock price with an expiration | 有人在假定托妮将收购哈利法克斯的前提下 |
[42:59] | on the assumption that Toni’s about to announce she’s buying it. | 以当前股价在限期内购买其股权 |
[43:02] | It was leverage, Charlie. | 你们只是筹码 查理 |
[43:03] | She wanted people to think she was looking at ACN. | 她想让别人以为她在打ACN的主意 |
[43:05] | That’s why she had you guys eat at that sushi place. | 所以她才会选在寿司店约你们见面 |
[43:07] | She knew there was a Halifax board member there. | 她知道哈利法克斯的一个董事会成员也在那里 |
[43:09] | You’re gonna love me, Charlie. | 你会爱死我的 查理 |
[43:10] | – No, I’m not. – Yeah, you are. | -不 绝不会 -不 你会的 |
[43:12] | I’m gonna take you into the 21st century | 我会带领你走向二十一世纪 |
[43:15] | right after I drag you through the 19th and 20th. | 不过我先得把你拖进十九和二十世纪 |
[43:18] | You couldn’t have gotten here 10 seconds sooner? | 你就不能早来十秒钟吗 |
[43:19] | I just saw it. | 我也是才发现 |
[43:20] | What’s the point of having a Bloomberg terminal- | 要那个彭博终端有什么用… |
[43:22] | It’s not the terminal’s fault. | 这不是终端机的错 |
[43:23] | You want a ceremonial pen? | 你要一支签合同的钢笔吗 |
[43:24] | It can write in a zero gravity environment. | 它在没有重力的环境中照样可以使用 |
[43:26] | Yeah, I plan to take a trip through the ionosphere. | 是啊 我正打算穿过电离层去游玩一番 |
[43:29] | Keep that sense of humor. You’re very entertaining. | 保持你的幽默感 你逗得我很开心 |
[43:32] | No, whoa. Come on. | 不要 别这样 |
[43:34] | We’re sworn enemies now, he and I. | 我们现在不共戴天了 我和他 |
[43:36] | He can still hear you. | 他还是能听见你说话 |
[43:40] | – Did you see Charlie? – After the show. | -看见查理了吗 -在节目之后 |
[43:42] | He was cleaning his 12-gauge | 他在用美格波本威士忌 |
[43:44] | with Maker’s Mark | 擦他的12口径猎枪 |
[43:44] | and muttering, “kill the wabbit.” | 嘴里还嘟哝着 “杀了那个兔崽子” |
[43:51] | It’s not Irish stoicism, is it? | 这不是什么爱尔兰式清心寡欲吧 |
[43:55] | This is some kind of internal baptism for you, | 对你来说 这像是某种内心的洗礼 |
[43:59] | which would be heartbreaking enough, | 本来就够心碎了 |
[44:00] | except I think maybe it’s a little for me. | 但现在也让我有一点伤心 |
[44:04] | Don’t you know that | 你难道不明白 |
[44:04] | anything that can be proven | 任何能证明你的勇气和品格的事 |
[44:06] | by courage and character, you proved to me a long time ago? | 很久以前你就已经证明过了吗 |
[44:09] | You want me to give up the source? | 你想让我说出线人的身份 |
[44:11] | I just want you to say you’re scared. | 我只是想让你亲口说出你很害怕 |
[44:13] | All right, here’s the thing, MacKenzie. | 事情是这样的 麦肯兹 |
[44:14] | Cause I love you, but you’ve had me | 我爱你 但是你已经让我 |
[44:16] | on your couch for three years | 听你念叨了三年 |
[44:17] | and this one time we’re switching places. | 这一次我们要换个位子 |
[44:20] | You’re tearing yourself up | 你把自己逼得太紧了 |
[44:21] | because you either prioritize the story over me, | 因为你要是选择报道新闻而非保护我 |
[44:24] | which you think makes you a bad person, | 你就会觉得你是坏人 |
[44:25] | or you prioritize me over the story, | 而要是选择保护我而放弃报道 |
[44:27] | which you think makes you a bad reporter. | 你又觉得自己是个差劲的记者 |
[44:28] | Either way, you’re wrong. | 不管怎么想 你都是错的 |
[44:30] | The source came to Neal | 线人自己找上了尼尔 |
[44:31] | and then I asked Neal for his name and then– | 接着我问了尼尔他的名字 再然后 |
[44:34] | – You can stop saying “his.” – What do you mean? | -你可以不用说”他” -你说什么 |
[44:36] | His name. The source is a woman. | 他的名字 线人是个女的 |
[44:39] | I’ve spoken to her in person twice. | 我和她亲口交谈过两次 |
[44:41] | I know just as much about her as you do. | 关于她的事 我知道的和你一样多 |
[44:42] | Why are you standing in front of a judge and not me? | 可为什么站在法官面前接受审判的是你 |
[44:45] | Oh, God. | 天呐 |
[44:48] | You can’t ever repeat what you just said. | 这些话你不能说第二次 |
[44:56] | Mr. McAvoy refused to comply | 麦卡沃伊先生拒绝 |
[44:58] | with an order of this court. | 遵守法庭命令 |
[45:00] | Title 28, Section 1826 | 根据美国法典 |
[45:00] | 美国法典第28卷第1826节 当证人在审判开始之前 无正当理由违抗法庭命令 拒不提供必要信息 法庭有权将证人监禁 直到他/她提供信息 | |
[45:03] | of the United States Code directs this court | 第28卷第1826节 |
[45:05] | to hold a grand jury witness in contempt | 如果大陪审团证人无正当理由 |
[45:07] | if he refuses the order | 违抗法庭指令 |
[45:10] | and does so without just cause. | 本庭可以以蔑视法庭罪起诉证人 |
[45:12] | We’re here today to determine | 今天我们在这里的目的是为了决定 |
[45:13] | if the witness can show just cause. | 证人此举是否有正当理由 |
[45:16] | Miss Halliday, I’ll hear argument for the witness. | 哈里戴小姐 请代表证人发表陈述 |
[45:18] | Thank you, Your Honor. And may it please the court. | 谢谢法官大人 请庭上听我陈述 |
[45:21] | Mr. McAvoy’s cause exists because he is protected | 麦卡沃伊先生拥有正当理由 |
[45:24] | by a Reporter’s Privilege to withhold information, | 因为他受记者特权的保护 可以拒绝提供信息 |
[45:27] | a privilege that’s been recognized by a wide range of courts. | 此特权已被很多法庭接受 |
[45:44] | If we were to apply that test here, | 如果它在此处也适用的话 |
[45:46] | we would find that the information given by the reporter’s source | 我们会发现 记者的线人所提供的消息 |
[45:49] | poses no harm to the public | 并未对公众造成任何危害 |
[45:51] | and we would weigh that | 而与之相较 |
[45:52] | against the newsworthiness of the US government | 是这条新闻的重要性 那就是美国政府 |
[45:54] | swift-boating a foreign election with disinformation | 用虚假信息暗中操控外国政权选举 |
[45:57] | that got 38 people, including three Americans, killed. | 造成三十八人死亡 其中三人是美国公民 |
[46:02] | No one disputes that this | 没有人会否定 |
[46:03] | is a tragic story of unintended consequences. | 这是个无心造成的悲剧 |
[46:07] | No one intended for anyone to die | 没有人想让任何人死 |
[46:08] | and no one did anything illegal. | 没有人做了任何违法的事情 |
[46:10] | Our intelligence professionals engage in covert operations | 我们的情报人员在全世界参与隐蔽行动 |
[46:14] | all over the world to keep us safe. It’s their job. | 以保证我们的安全 这是他们的工作 |
[46:17] | It’s how we won World War II. | 这是我们赢得二战的原因 |
[46:18] | It’s how we won the Cold War. | 这是我们赢得冷战的原因 |
[46:20] | It’s how the Berlin Wall fell | 这是柏林墙倒下的原因 |
[46:21] | and it’s why more buildings | 也是为什么九一一事件第二天后 |
[46:23] | didn’t fall on September 12. | 没有更多大楼遭到轰炸 |
[46:24] | But not only can’t they do their jobs if their identities | 如果他们的身份被一个无耻的政府专员暴露 |
[46:27] | are revealed by a rogue government worker, | 这些人不仅无法完成自己的工作 |
[46:30] | their lives and the lives of their families | 他们自己和家人的生命 |
[46:32] | will be put at great risk immediately | 都有可能在不知道的情况下 |
[46:34] | and perhaps without even their knowledge. | 立刻受到极大的威胁 |
[46:36] | Judge, when they do their jobs recklessly, | 法官大人 当他们做事不计后果时 |
[46:38] | the public has a right to know. | 公众有知情权 |
[46:39] | And how does someone who isn’t an experienced professional | 那么一个没有经过专业情报训练的 |
[46:42] | in the clandestine services presume to know | 秘密机构成员 又怎么会知道 |
[46:44] | when one of our agents is doing their job well? | 我们的特工是否出色完成任务呢 |
[46:46] | In this case, we can put a stethoscope on the 38 bodies. | 我们把听诊器放在那三十八具尸体上就知道了 |
[46:50] | The court is sufficiently | 法庭充分相信 |
[46:51] | convinced of the news value of this story. | 此新闻的重要性 |
[46:53] | Mr. Lasenthal, please speak to any harm it poses. | 拉森索尔先生 请陈述报道此新闻造成的危害 |
[46:56] | Judge, someone with a high level of security clearance | 法官大人 某个拥有高等安全级别的人 |
[46:59] | has committed an act of espionage. | 已经犯下了间谍罪 |
[47:01] | That fact is not in dispute. | 这个事实不容争辩 |
[47:03] | This person is still inside the government, | 此人仍在政府系统里 |
[47:05] | still has access to classified materials. | 仍然有权限接触到机密文件 |
[47:07] | This person must be apprehended. | 此人必须被逮捕 |
[47:09] | Law enforcement doesn’t know the identity. | 执法部门不知道他的身份 |
[47:11] | Mr. McAvoy does. | 麦卡沃伊先生知道 |
[47:13] | And I can’t imagine what other argument the court needs to hear. | 我觉得这个理由已经足够充分了 |
[47:19] | Mr. McAvoy. | 麦卡沃伊先生 |
[47:21] | What do you want me to do? | 你怎么看 |
[47:26] | Your Honor, if you’re leaving it up to me, | 法官大人 如果由我决定 |
[47:28] | I’d just as soon go home. | 我会趁早回家 |
[47:32] | It’s funny, but the first time | 说来有趣 但最高法院 |
[47:33] | the Supreme Court ever supported a claim | 在历史上第一次支持 |
[47:35] | of protection under the First Amendment wasn’t until 1919. | 第一修正案 是在1919年 |
[47:39] | Abraham vs US一案 最高法院7票赞成 2票反对 判定被告所散发的宣传册不受第一修正案保护 因为其言论对国家安全造成威胁 | |
[47:39] | The amendment says Congress shall make no law | 此条修正案表明 国会无权修订任何法律 |
[47:41] | abridging freedom of speech or of the press. | 剥夺言论自由 侵犯新闻自由 |
[47:44] | And we went 125 years | 之前没有这条法律保护公民 |
[47:46] | without that law | 发表批判性评论的权利 |
[47:47] | protecting critical expression. | 我们不也过了125年 |
[47:49] | The legislation that sparked the dissent? | 是哪条法律导致了异议 |
[47:51] | 在Abraham vs US一案中 投反对票的大法官霍姆斯表示异议 指出若发表言论者并非故意危害国家安全 则应受第一修正案保护 | |
[47:52] | The Espionage Act. | 反间谍法 |
[47:56] | I just thought that was interesting. | 我就是觉得挺有趣的 |
[48:01] | I appreciate the defense my attorney mounted, | 非常感谢我方辩护律师所做的陈述 |
[48:03] | but my heart is with the prosecutor. | 但凭良心说 我支持原告 |
[48:06] | I’m sorry, Rebecca, it just is. | 对不起 丽贝卡 这是实话 |
[48:07] | It didn’t used to be that so much damage | 在以前 很难出现寥寥几人 |
[48:09] | could be done by so few people. | 就能捅出这么大篓子的情况 |
[48:12] | It just used to be harder. It took more manpower. | 那时可不容易 捅娄子需要更多人力 |
[48:14] | So, for me, I don’t like the cost benefit. | 我也不喜欢这种付出回报量不均的情况 |
[48:17] | But I can’t give you the name of my source. | 但我不能给你提供我的线人的名字 |
[48:21] | I’m just not allowed to, Your Honor. | 我真的不能 法官阁下 |
[48:23] | It’s as simple as that. I’m not allowed to. | 就是这么简单 我不能说 |
[48:27] | And as Your Honor well knows, | 法官阁下您很清楚 |
[48:28] | prison time in a civil contempt case | 民事法庭中的藐视法庭行为 |
[48:30] | can’t be punitive, only coercive. | 不能以惩罚缘由收监 只能强制收监 |
[48:32] | So with that in mind, I’m telling the government and the court | 所以 我仅在此向政府和法庭表示 |
[48:36] | that there are no number of prison days | 无论收监时间长短 |
[48:38] | after which I will reveal my source’s identity. | 我都不会提供线人身份的 |
[48:47] | Well, I hate to say this, | 我很遗憾 |
[48:48] | but we’re just going to have to find out. | 但我们只能走着瞧了 |
[48:51] | Mr. McAvoy, I find you in contempt of court | 麦卡沃伊先生 我以藐视法庭罪 |
[48:54] | and order you to surrender yourself to the US Marshals | 命令你今晚五点 |
[48:57] | in this building on this day at 5:00 PM. | 主动向庭内美国法警自首 服从移交 |
[49:00] | Yes, sir. | 遵命 阁下 |
[49:17] | Hey, you know this is bullshit. | 你很清楚这根本是扯蛋 |
[49:22] | I don’t think you should wait for me. | 我觉得你不该等我 |
[49:23] | I think you should forget about me and move on. | 你应该忘了我 向前看 |
[49:25] | – Okay. – Listen, remember, | -好吧 -听着 你要记住 |
[49:27] | only my conversations with my lawyer are privileged. | 只有我和我律师的对话才受保密协议保护的 |
[49:30] | Right? What we were talking about last night. | 懂吗 昨晚我们讨论的东西 |
[49:32] | – Yeah, or your wife. – Yeah, but you wanted to be a June bride… | -和妻子的对话也受保护 -对 但你想六月结婚 |
[49:34] | I don’t anymore. I want to get married now. | 现在不想了 我现在就想结婚 |
[49:36] | I think you should have thought about that– wait. | 你之前就应该考虑到 等等 |
[49:38] | – Are you serious? – I’m more than serious. | -你认真的吗 -比认真还真 |
[49:41] | We get a waiver from the mayor’s office | 我们在市长办公室申请一张赦免表 |
[49:43] | and use the chapel at City Hall. | 在市政府的教堂举办就行了 |
[49:44] | Honey, we’ve got 300 people coming to a wedding | 亲爱的 有300人要来参加我们这场 |
[49:46] | you’ve been planning for 25 years. | 你计划了25年的婚礼 |
[49:48] | Remember the seven weeks I spent picking the invitations? | 还记得我挑请帖花的那七个星期吗 |
[49:51] | – I really do. – Done. | -记得清楚着呢 -搞定 |
[49:54] | “I’m marrying Will today at 3:30 PM at City Hall…” | “我今天下午三点半在市中心和威尔结婚” |
[49:57] | “…if you guys want to come.” | “想参加的就来吧” |
[49:59] | – Congratulations! – Finally! | -恭喜啊 -终于要结了 |
[50:01] | That– that’s what– I was begging– | 什么 那是什 我求了你 |
[50:03] | for seven weeks we were looking– | 整整七星期啊 我们就盯着 |
[50:05] | different cardboard– okay. | 不同的请帖版看 好吧 |
[50:08] | For that little stunt, I’m gonna marry your ass off. | 就冲着这个 爷也要把你娶到手 |
[50:10] | Charlie, Don, Gary, Jim, Martin, we’re putting on a wedding. | 查理 唐 格雷 吉姆 马丁 我们要办婚礼 |
[50:13] | – This is men’s work. – All right. | -这可是男人的体力活 -好啊 |
[50:15] | – Let’s go. City Hall, here we come. – You finally grew a brain. | -走吧 市政府 我们来啦 -终于长点脑子了 |
[52:48] | – I saw on the news. – Thanks for seeing me, Phil. | -我看到新闻了 -谢谢你抽空见我 菲尔 |
[52:51] | You really want to spend your last hours of freedom | 你真想把你最后的几小时自由时间 |
[52:53] | arguing with me about something that’s 2,000 years old? | 用来跟我争吵2000年前发生的事吗 |
[52:55] | No, we can do that another time. I wanted to ask a favour. | 不 那个可以等等 我是来请你帮忙的 |
[52:58] | Mac and I have moved our wedding up from June to this afternoon. | 麦肯和我把婚礼从六月提前到了今天下午 |
[53:01] | MacKenzie, while not being as religious as, say, you are, | 麦肯兹虽然没有你这么笃信宗教 |
[53:04] | – She’s not a full-on whack job or anything… – Yeah. | -她还不是个彻头彻尾的疯子 -没错 |
[53:07] | …she is devout and a Catholic service would mean a lot to her. | 但她还是很虔诚的 天主教婚礼仪式对她很重要 |
[53:10] | I can do that. Where are you being married? | 我可以帮忙 你们在哪里结婚 |
[53:12] | At the chapel at City Hall. | 市政府的教堂 |
[53:15] | Catholic service has to be performed in a Catholic church. | 天主教婚姻典礼只能在天主教堂里举办 |
[53:17] | Doesn’t that sound like one of those rules we’ve talked about? | 这是不是就是我们讨论过的那类问题 |
[53:20] | God’s omniscient, | 上帝是全知全能的 |
[53:22] | but He’s only willing to work in certain buildings? | 但他只愿在特定的大楼里办公 |
[53:24] | – That’s not – Like it’s a union thing. | -这不是 -就跟工会似的 |
[53:27] | Fine. | 好吧 |
[53:29] | Thank you. I’ll have a car waiting at 3:15. | 谢谢 3:15我会派车在这里等你 |
[53:36] | Will. | 威尔 |
[53:38] | You want to pray with me? | 你想和我一起祷告吗 |
[54:13] | You have to make a grand apology to her. | 你必须跟她隆重道歉 |
[54:16] | – Really grand. – I know. | -超大超隆重那种 -我知道 |
[54:18] | – Canyon grand. – I know. | -大峡谷那么大 -我知道 |
[54:21] | – Where’s Professor Ethics? – We had a fight. | -道德教授呢 -我们吵架了 |
[54:24] | About what? | 为了什么 |
[54:27] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[54:38] | Rejoice with those who rejoice. | 与欢乐的人同乐 |
[54:42] | Weep with those who weep. | 与痛哭的人同泣 |
[54:44] | Have the same regard for one another. | 待人如同待几 |
[54:47] | Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. | 放下傲慢 同情悲苦之人 |
[54:50] | Do not be wise in your own estimation. | 切勿孤芳自赏 自以为是 |
[54:58] | Do not repay anyone evil for evil. | 不要以怨报怨 |
[55:00] | Be concerned for what is noble in the sight of all. | 心挂世间高贵之事 |
[55:04] | If possible, on your part, | 尽自己努力 |
[55:07] | live at peace with all. | 与万物祥和共处 |
[55:09] | – The word of the Lord. – Thanks be to God. | -这就是上帝的旨意 -感谢上帝 |
[55:26] | Do you take this man to be your lawful wedded husband? | 你愿意与这位先生共结连理吗 |
[55:30] | I do. | 我愿意 |
[55:33] | Do you take this woman to be your lawful wedded wife? | 你愿意与这位女士共结连理吗 |
[55:37] | I do. | 我愿意 |