时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:24] | Since I got here, you’re my third contempt of court. | 你是我在这里见到的第三个藐视法庭的 |
[01:27] | First one was a contested traffic ticket. | 第一个是交通罚单纠纷 |
[01:29] | The guy cursed at the judge. The second one was a lawyer. | 那家伙骂了法官 第二个是律师 |
[01:32] | – What’d he do? – He cursed at the judge. | -他做了什么 -骂了法官 |
[01:36] | You’re my first reporter. | 你是我接手的第一个记者 |
[01:37] | I’m Will. I’d shake your hand– | 我是威尔 我很想跟你握手 但… |
[01:38] | I know who you are. | 我知道你是谁 |
[01:41] | So the traffic ticket, he was just here for a night. | 交通罚单那个 只待了一夜 |
[01:43] | But the lawyer was here for a weekend. | 但律师待了一个周末 |
[01:45] | Three nights, and you could tell he was starting to go a little– | 三晚 能看出来他已经开始有点… |
[01:49] | you know, it affected him. | 受影响了 |
[01:54] | You’re gonna be locked in a cage now, | 你要被关起来了 |
[01:55] | and it’s not a natural thing. | 这不自然 |
[01:57] | Go ahead. | 进去吧 |
[02:00] | That’s yours over here. | 你睡这边 |
[02:03] | – You got toiletries? – I’m sorry? | -你带洗漱用品了吗 -什么 |
[02:06] | You didn’t bring toiletries? | 你没带洗漱用品吗 |
[02:07] | Uh, no, I didn’t. | 没有 |
[02:09] | I’ll bring you toothpaste and a brush. | 我回头给你拿牙膏和牙刷 |
[02:11] | I can bring you a book from the library if you want. | 如果你想 我可以去图书馆给你找本书 |
[02:13] | – You might get the whole weekend. – Sure, thanks. | -你可能要待整个周末 -好的 谢谢 |
[02:17] | You’ll be fine. | 你不会有事的 |
[02:35] | You fish. | 你钓鱼 |
[02:38] | I’m sorry? | 什么 |
[02:40] | You’re a fisherman. | 你是个渔夫 |
[02:43] | Yeah. No. Not in a long time. | 嗯…不 很久没钓了 |
[02:47] | That’s a nice fish. | 那鱼不错 |
[02:49] | – Yeah. – Eight pounds. | -嗯 -足有八磅 |
[02:51] | You know, I don’t really remember. | 我记不得了 |
[02:53] | And that’s your father there next to you? | 你旁边是你父亲吗 |
[02:55] | – Yeah. – That’s a wholesome picture. | -嗯 -这照片真不错 |
[02:57] | Looks like it came with the frame. | 就像相框的广告画一样 |
[02:59] | – Yeah. – And that’s your wife? | -嗯 -那是你妻子 |
[03:01] | Yeah, her name is MacKenzie. | 嗯 麦肯兹 |
[03:03] | – Whew, she’s a knockout. – She is. | -她真美 -是啊 |
[03:05] | – It’s okay if I say that, right? – Sure. | -你不介意我这么说吧 -当然 |
[03:09] | And those are your, what? Your friends, your colleagues? | 那些人呢 你朋友 你同事 |
[03:13] | Yeah, they’re some of the people I work with. | 是啊 他们是我的一些同事 |
[03:16] | We work close together. | 我们在工作上很亲密 |
[03:19] | – You have to explain it to me one more time. – Really? | -你得再给我解释一遍 -是吗 |
[03:21] | ‘Cause every time you say it, | 因为每次你说起来 |
[03:22] | it sounds like you’re in here voluntarily. | 感觉好像你是自愿进来的 |
[03:24] | I promise you, I’m not. | 我真的不是 |
[03:25] | But you can walk out any time you want. | 但你可以随时出去 |
[03:27] | No, I can’t. I can only walk out | 不是的 我想出去 |
[03:29] | if I reveal the identity of a source. | 就必须透露线人的名字 |
[03:32] | – You want to read your book. – I don’t want to be rude. | -你想安静读书 -我不想失礼 |
[03:37] | You didn’t ask me what I was in for. I appreciate that. | 你没问过我是为什么进来的 多谢了 |
[03:42] | Domestic battery. | 家暴 |
[03:44] | Nine women on the jury. | 陪审团里有九个女人 |
[03:48] | My PD was a woman, so she wasn’t exactly my champion. | 我的公派辩护律师是个女的 她肯定不待见我 |
[03:51] | The prosecutor was a woman. | 检察官也是女的 |
[03:53] | The judge was a woman. | 法官还是个女的 |
[03:54] | I mean, is that even constitutional? | 这符合宪法吗 |
[03:57] | The PD wanted me to plea– six months. | 我的律师要我认罪 关六个月 |
[03:59] | But I wanted to fight it– two years. | 但我想辩护无罪 结果得了两年 |
[04:02] | That wasn’t your first offense, though. | 你不是第一次犯了吧 |
[04:05] | How do you know? | 你怎么知道 |
[04:06] | You wouldn’t have gotten two years | 家暴第一次 |
[04:07] | for domestic battery if it was your first– | 不会判两年 |
[04:09] | It was my third. Strike three. | 是第三次 三振出局 |
[04:13] | Oh, are you judging me now? | 怎么 你也要指责我喽 |
[04:15] | ‘Cause a judge just did that. I don’t need it. | 法官已经给我判决了 我不用你也来 |
[04:17] | – No. – Yeah, you are. | -没有 -你就是 |
[04:20] | I have an idea. | 我有主意了 |
[04:22] | Tell me the name of the source. | 把线人的名字告诉我 |
[04:23] | I didn’t make a pledge or anything. | 我又没立誓什么的 |
[04:25] | I’ll tell it to them on the condition they let us both go. | 我去告诉他们 让他们放我俩都走 |
[04:29] | It’s a hell of a plan. | 计划不错 |
[04:30] | Or I could just shake the name out of you. | 或者我可以逼你说 |
[04:33] | Stand up. | 站起来 |
[04:38] | I want you to see that I got four inches on you | 看好了 我比你高四英寸[十厘米] |
[04:39] | and you’re giving up 30 pounds. I’m not your wife. | 重三十磅[27斤] 我不是你老婆 |
[04:42] | Raise your hands above your hips | 你敢抬手 |
[04:44] | and I’ll knock you the fuck into next week. | 我就把你打得不省人事 |
[04:56] | Your father was a drun wasn’t he? | 你父亲是个醉鬼 对吗 |
[05:01] | You aren’t a consumer, you’re a citizen. | 你不是消费者 你是公民 |
[05:04] | You aren’t an audience, you’re an activist. | 你不是观众 你是积极分子 |
[05:06] | You aren’t a viewer, you’re ACN. | 你不是观看者 你就是ACN |
[05:09] | You are ACN. | 你是ACN |
[05:21] | Which one of you– | 你们哪个… |
[05:22] | It’s as offensive as I thought it was gonna be | 我最初听说的时候 |
[05:23] | when I heard about it. | 就猜到会这么无礼 |
[05:24] | – Offensive to whom? – Me. And him. | -对谁无礼了 -对我 还有他 |
[05:26] | And Will and Sloan | 还有威尔 斯隆 |
[05:28] | and everyone who works here and you. | 每个这儿的工作人员 还有你 |
[05:30] | We are ACN. | 我们才是ACN |
[05:31] | It’s a slogan. It doesn’t mean anything. | 就是个口号 没什么意义 |
[05:33] | First, I wouldn’t be relieved | 首先 如果我们的新口号 |
[05:34] | that our new slogan doesn’t mean anything. | 毫无意义这并不能让我放心 |
[05:35] | – I meant– – But it isn’t a slogan. | -我是说 -但这不是口号 |
[05:37] | It’s a statement of our new direction. | 这是我们新方向的宣言 |
[05:39] | We’re gonna cover the conversation | 我们要报道各种消息 |
[05:41] | because this is just the first one. | 这才是第一步呢 |
[05:42] | Next one’s gonna show citizen journalists | 下次就是公民记者 |
[05:44] | filing stories from the Coffee Bean. | 在香啡缤播报新闻了 |
[05:46] | – Don? – It looks like urine. | -唐 -这缩写像”尿”的英文 |
[05:49] | It doesn’t. You’re just complaining for the sake of it. | 并没有 你只是单纯想抱怨吐槽下罢了 |
[05:51] | The best graphics house in the UK | 这则广告可是花了七十万美元 |
[05:53] | was paid $700,000 to build that spot. | 请全英国最好的广告设计公司制作的 |
[05:56] | I don’t mean the animation. U-R-A-C-N. | 我没说广告不好 我是说这五个字母 |
[05:59] | Our brains are trained to see groups of letters as a word | 我们的大脑习惯将几个字母默认为一个单词 |
[06:01] | and visually that group of letters looks like urine. | 而这五个字母给人感觉就像”尿”的英文 |
[06:04] | Maybe if we separate the U and the R. | 也许不应该把U和R排一起 |
[06:07] | Maybe, but the best you can hope for | 也许吧 但你能拿到的最佳广告语 |
[06:08] | is something with the gravitas of a vanity license plate. | 也就是个性化车牌的水平 |
[06:10] | Maybe we should ask people to vote. After all, they are ACN. | 也许该让观众投票 毕竟他们才是ACN |
[06:14] | You know, Mac– | 麦肯 |
[06:14] | Young people know when they’re being patronized. | 年轻人会知道什么时候自己被重视了 |
[06:16] | Everybody knows when they’re being patronized. | 大家都知道什么时候自己会被重视 |
[06:18] | I’ve been hearing this for 52 days. | 这段言论我听了52天了 |
[06:20] | Because in 52 days, | 因为在这52天里 |
[06:22] | I’ve put three Twitter monitors on our set. | 我在我们片场放置了三台推特显示器 |
[06:25] | Passing weather systems | 报道天气预报的时候 |
[06:26] | are reported like Al-Qaeda sleeper cells. | 都像报道基地组织一样小心翼翼 |
[06:28] | And a total of 84 air minutes | 整个84分钟直播时间 |
[06:30] | have been spent on the Mayor of Toronto | 都在关注多伦多市长 |
[06:32] | while zero minutes have been spent on the Mayor of Detroit | 而完全没有关注底特律市长 |
[06:34] | whose city is about two minutes away from bankruptcy. | 尽管底特律市即将面临破产 |
[06:37] | Also in that 52 days, we’ve gone from fourth | 同样在这52天里 我们的电视收视率 |
[06:40] | to third in households and second in the demo. | 从第四声至第三 网络点击率升至第二 |
[06:42] | In seven weeks, the average age of our audience | 七周内 我们观众的平均年龄 |
[06:45] | has dropped three years. | 已经小了三岁 |
[06:47] | And we did all that while still managing to cover | 获此成绩的同时我们仍然报道了 |
[06:50] | a military takeover in Egypt | 埃及的军事接管新闻 |
[06:53] | and most recently, a pretty big scandal involving the NSA. | 以及最近牵扯国安局的重大丑闻时间 |
[06:57] | We’ve got two reporters at the Moscow Airport right now. | 现在就有两名记者驻莫斯科机场 |
[07:00] | Two. So can you do me a favor and not worry | 两位 所以能否帮帮忙别去操心 |
[07:04] | that the world’s most benign promo | 全球最温和的广告宣传 |
[07:06] | is a threat to democracy? | 会对民主产生的威胁 |
[07:08] | – Sure. – You? | -好吧 -你呢 |
[07:10] | – Can I have a second? – Yeah. | -我能问个问题吗 -说吧 |
[07:15] | So, the Princeton story. The website. | 普林斯顿大学事件 网络 |
[07:18] | There is an epidemic of campus sexual assaults in this country. | 我国校园性侵事件越来越多 |
[07:21] | It’s a perfectly legitimate story. | 这条新闻非常合理 |
[07:23] | In fact, it’s an important one, | 应该说非常重要 |
[07:25] | so what’s your fucking problem? | 所以你他妈有什么问题 |
[07:27] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[07:29] | I just don’t know how to do the story. | 我只是不知道怎么制作这条新闻 |
[07:30] | – I don’t understand. – I don’t know how to do it. | -什么意思 -我不知道怎么制作 |
[07:32] | I’m looking for some guidance. | 我需要一些指导 |
[07:33] | You interview the student with the website. | 你采访建网站的学生 |
[07:35] | You interview one of the guys who’s been accused. | 再采访其中一个被指控的嫌疑人男生 |
[07:37] | Why is it complicated? | 这有什么复杂的 |
[07:38] | Well, it’s complicated for a lot of reasons, | 复杂是因为有许多因素 |
[07:40] | and one of them is that Pruit | 其中一条就是普鲁特 |
[07:41] | wants them both in the studio. | 希望两人都来到演播室 |
[07:43] | – He told you that? – He called me. | -他这么跟你说的 -他电话告诉我的 |
[07:50] | He shouldn’t be speaking directly to you. | 他不该直接和你进行谈话 |
[07:52] | And he shouldn’t be making those decisions. | 也不应该给出这些建议 |
[07:55] | But if that’s what he wants, why don’t you just do it? | 但是既然他想这么做 你就这么做呗 |
[08:03] | Well, like I said, I don’t know how to. | 我前面就说过了 我不知道怎么制作 |
[08:05] | Bullshit. | 胡说 |
[08:06] | You do know how. | 你知道怎么做 |
[08:09] | And if you don’t, I need to hire someone who does, man. | 你要是不知道 我就得雇个知道的人了 |
[08:13] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[08:16] | Yeah. | 好的 |
[08:18] | Anything else? | 还有问题吗 |
[08:20] | No. | 没了 |
[08:33] | Anything happen over the weekend I should know about? | 这周末发生了什么我该知道的新闻吗 |
[08:36] | Not much. | 没有很多 |
[08:38] | Dilma Rousseff pledged to speak with protestors. | 迪尔玛·罗塞夫承诺与抗议者对话 |
[08:40] | – The House voted down the Farm Bill. – Yeah, I saw that. | -众议院否决了农业法案 -这条我看到 |
[08:43] | France is sending Syrian rebels | 法国给叙利亚反对派提供 |
[08:44] | 17.6 tons of medical aid. | 17.6吨医疗急救物资 |
[08:46] | I’m sure that’s going to get where it’s supposed to go. | 我想这些物资都应该运抵亟需的地方了吧 |
[08:48] | A woman named Lilly M. Hart shot herself in the mouth | 一位名叫莉莉·M·哈特的女性 |
[08:50] | on the steps in front of the Justice Department. | 在司法大楼门口楼梯上吞枪自杀 |
[08:53] | We’re not sure what she was protesting, | 还不知道她此举是在抗议何事 |
[08:54] | but her bio had a lot of gun control advocacy in it. | 但她曾多次参加枪支管控宣传活动 |
[08:57] | She was protesting guns by shooting herself? | 她通过吞枪自杀来抗议滥用枪支 |
[08:59] | The FBI isn’t releasing any information right now. | 联调局还没有给出任何调查信息 |
[09:01] | You mean DC Police. | 你是想说华盛顿警察吧 |
[09:02] | No, the FBI is handling it. | 不 现在此案由联调局负责 |
[09:04] | – Why? – They won’t release that information either. | -为什么 -联调局也没表明接手原因 |
[09:07] | Anything else? | 还有什么 |
[09:08] | Kim and Kanye named their baby North. | 金和坎耶给他们的孩子起名诺丝 |
[09:10] | There’s our top story. | 这条作为头条 |
[09:13] | What was her name? | 她叫什么名字 |
[09:15] | North. North West. | 诺丝 诺丝·韦斯特 |
[09:17] | No, the woman who shot herself in front of the DOJ. | 不是 我是问司法大楼门口自杀的 |
[09:20] | Lilly Hart. | 莉莉·哈特 |
[09:22] | Again, I don’t know how… | 而且 我也不清楚… |
[09:26] | What? | 怎么了 |
[09:30] | She wasn’t protesting guns. | 她不是在抗议滥用枪支 |
[09:34] | They said it was an emergency. Is everything okay? | 他们说你急着要见我 出什么事了吗 |
[09:36] | Do we have attorney-client privilege, you and me? | 我和你之间有律师与当事人保密特权吧 |
[09:39] | – I’m not your lawyer. – What if you were? | -我不是你的律师 -如果是的话呢 |
[09:41] | Then we would have that privilege. | 那就有这个特权了 |
[09:43] | I’m hiring you right now on a $20 retainer. | 我现在先预付你20美元雇佣你 |
[09:47] | – Do I need to sign something? – No. What’s going on? | -我需要签字吗 -不需要 怎么了 |
[09:49] | I know the name of the source. | 我知道线人名字 |
[09:52] | I’ve known since the party after the Correspondents’ Dinner. | 我在白宫晚宴之后的聚会那时就知道了 |
[09:54] | And the day before yesterday, | 而且就在前天 |
[09:55] | she shot and killed herself on the steps outside the D.O.J. | 她在司法大楼门口楼梯吞枪自杀 |
[09:58] | The woman– she was the source? | 那个女人 她就是线人吗 |
[10:01] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[10:02] | Who else knows the name? | 还有谁知道她的名字 |
[10:04] | Neal, obviously, Will, and I. That’s it. | 尼尔 这是肯定的 威尔和我 就这些 |
[10:06] | – Not the DC Police? – I think they must– | -特区警方不知道吗 -我想他们肯定 |
[10:09] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[10:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[10:13] | Lasenthal on the phone. | 拉森索尔来电话了 |
[10:18] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[10:20] | Your husband is getting out of jail today. | 你丈夫将于今天出狱 |
[10:33] | I was just chewed out for 10 minutes by Erin Andrews. | 我刚被艾琳·安德鲁斯训斥了十分钟 |
[10:35] | – Why? – She was accosted by paparazzi last night | -为什么 -昨晚她在洛城的埃尔卡皮塔影院 |
[10:37] | coming out of “Man of Steel” at the El Capitan in LA. | 看完《超人3》出来时 遭遇狗仔队堵截 |
[10:39] | Paparazzi were coming out of the El Capitan? | 狗仔队从埃尔卡皮塔影院出来吗 |
[10:41] | – She– – She was coming. | -是她 -是她出来时 |
[10:42] | She’d just seen the movie and waiting for her were paparazzi. | 她去看电影 没想到有一群狗仔队等着她 |
[10:44] | Got it. Why was she chewing you out? | 明白了 那她为什么训斥你 |
[10:46] | I’m the one here she knows the best. | 这里她跟我最熟 |
[10:47] | Didn’t she have an affair with Will? | 她跟威尔没搞过婚外恋吗 |
[10:48] | It wasn’t an affair. Neither of them were married. | 那不算婚外恋 他俩那时候都没结婚 |
[10:50] | No, that didn’t happen. Will’s in jail at the moment. | 不 根本没那回事 威尔现在被关在里面 |
[10:52] | And none of this is the point. | 但这些都不是重点 |
[10:53] | The paparazzi knew she was | 狗仔队正是通过我们那个 |
[10:54] | in there because of our creepy stalker app. | 恶心的跟踪应用知道她在那里的 |
[10:56] | I’m coming to you as my superior, | 我第一个来找你 |
[10:58] | which I mean only in a sense of our organizational chart, | 只是因为我们之间的领导下属关系 |
[11:01] | and pleading with you to have what’s his name– | 顺便请你告诉我他的名字 |
[11:02] | – Bree. – –Bree shut down the app. | -布瑞 -让布瑞关掉应用 |
[11:05] | Mac’s been fighting that battle for six weeks. | 麦肯为此奋战了六周 |
[11:06] | – And what have you been doing? – Just, you know, my job. | -而你在干什么 -也就…我的工作啊 |
[11:09] | Which should now include | 那现在就应该包括 |
[11:10] | getting the assassin’s helper taken down. | 拿下刺客的帮手 |
[11:12] | – I’m on it. – When? | -我来处理 -什么时候 |
[11:13] | Well, I’m in the middle of a tricky– now. | 我现在正在忙一个棘手的 就现在 |
[11:17] | – Right now. – There you go. | -立刻马上 -走吧 |
[11:23] | Excuse me, Bree. | 打扰一下 布瑞 |
[11:27] | Excuse me. | 打扰一下 |
[11:32] | Hey, easy. | 淡定 |
[11:33] | – I just wanted to talk to you about something. – You are? | -我想跟你谈谈 -你是 |
[11:35] | He’s Don Keefer, executive producer– you know who he is. | 他是唐·基佛 执行制片人 你知道他是谁 |
[11:37] | And you run our website | 在尼尔·桑帕特回来前 |
[11:38] | – until Neal Sampat’s back. – I wanted to– | -由你负责运作我们的网站 -我想 |
[11:40] | I’m senior editor of ACN Digital, | 我是ACN在线的高级编辑 |
[11:42] | if you’re going to be insulting. | 如果你们要对我无礼的话 |
[11:43] | – Nobody wants to be insulting. – I badly want to be insulting. | -我们没这打算 -我倒是非常想 |
[11:45] | Here’s the thing– Sloan got a call from Erin Andrews– | 是这样的 斯隆接到艾琳·安德鲁斯的电话 |
[11:46] | – You know Erin Andrews? – Yes. | -你认识艾琳·安德鲁斯吗 -对 |
[11:48] | Yowza. I want to get with that so bad. | 我也好想跟她认识 |
[11:51] | I’ll pass that on. I’m sure she’ll want you to have her number. | 我会帮你传达的 我相信她也想给你她的号码 |
[11:53] | – Hey, fuck you. – Yeah? | -去你妈的 -怎么了 |
[11:55] | You can’t talk to her like that, my friend. | 不准那样跟她说话 朋友 |
[11:57] | What’s the problem here? | 出什么事了吗 |
[11:58] | Erin Andrews got stopped by | 艾琳·安德鲁斯昨晚 |
[11:59] | paparazzi last night coming out of the movies. | 看完电影被狗仔队困住了 |
[12:01] | I know, we’ve got it up. | 我知道 我们早就知道了 |
[12:02] | Now we’re in Peabody country. | 我们现在在皮博迪 |
[12:03] | You’re here to give me shit about the app again. | 你们又来跟我扯应用的事情了 |
[12:05] | Yes. Restraining Order. Scum Bottle Guide. | 对 限制令 人渣指南 |
[12:07] | – Whatever it’s called. – ACNgage. | -爱叫什么叫什么 -ACN互动报道 |
[12:09] | It should be called ACInvoluntary Engage. | 应该叫ACN随意报道 |
[12:11] | I’ll bring that up at our next staff meeting. | 下次员工会议我要提议一下 |
[12:12] | You guys like ACInvoluntary Engage? | 你们喜欢ACN随意报道吗 |
[12:14] | – No. – It got voted down. | -不喜欢 -被否决了呢 |
[12:16] | Listen, no kidding around, | 听着 别闹了 |
[12:18] | you need to disable the app until we can figure this out, | 你现在就关停这个应用 直到我们解决完问题 |
[12:19] | – ’cause it’s a little not what we do. – What’s not what you do? | -因为它跟我们的理念有点不服 -哪部分不符 |
[12:22] | Giving deranged people with access to semiautomatic weapons | 让疯子获取半自动武器 |
[12:25] | the locations of their targets while simultaneously | 也就是他们的目标的方位 |
[12:27] | turning the rest of our brains into Wheatena. | 同时把我们剩下的脑子熬成浆糊 |
[12:29] | That app’s driving a lot of traffic. | 这个应用的点击率非常高[也有开车之意] |
[12:30] | I don’t care if it’s driving in the Grand Prix of Monaco. | 哪怕是在参加摩纳哥大奖赛[F1] 我也不管 |
[12:32] | I need you to temporarily take it down. | 我要你暂时关停 |
[12:34] | – Then permanently take it down. – You need to speak to my boss. | -然后永久关停 -那你得跟我上司谈 |
[12:36] | – He’s your boss. – I’m your boss. | -他就是你上司 -我就是你上司 |
[12:37] | Lucas Pruit is my boss. I pitched him the app | 卢卡斯·普鲁特才是我上司 我跟他介绍这个应用 |
[12:39] | and he loved it, which is why we have it. | 他爱死了 所以我们才发布的 |
[12:40] | This is a warmed-over version of | 这跟掴客五年前发布 |
[12:41] | the same app Gawker had and took down five years ago. | 之后又下架的应用没什么本质区别 |
[12:44] | They still have a version of it, but this one’s better. | 他们现在还有另一个版本 但是这个更好 |
[12:46] | – Look– – No, you look. | -听着 -不 你给我听着 |
[12:47] | We’re all a little tired of being treated | 我们都受够了你们对我们的态度 |
[12:48] | like we’re not Neal Sampat. | 我们跟对尼尔·桑帕特不一样 |
[12:51] | I like my app and it makes money, | 我喜欢我的应用 而且它能赚钱 |
[12:53] | both of which are more than I can say for your 10:00 hour. | 光这两点就比你们的十点档强 |
[12:55] | So if you have a problem, | 所以如果你们有不满 |
[12:55] | and I got a hunch you got more than a few, | 而且我想你们是非常不满 |
[12:57] | why don’t you take it to Pruit? | 你们问什么不直接去找普鲁特 |
[13:01] | Beat him up. | 你来收拾他 |
[13:05] | No, he’s right. | 不 他说得对 |
[13:07] | Yeah, he’s– what? | 是啊 他 什么 |
[13:09] | About the last thing he said. About the last thing you said. | 他说的最后一句话 你说的最后一句话 |
[13:12] | We haven’t been very welcoming | 我们确实不太友好 |
[13:13] | and in a weird way we’ve been blaming him for Neal. | 而且奇怪的是 一直因为尼尔而责怪他 |
[13:16] | If Digital can help us, | 如果ACN在线能帮助我们 |
[13:18] | we should be supporting Digital. | 我们就该支持ACN在线 |
[13:20] | – That’s right. – Yeah. | -没错 -是啊 |
[13:22] | Come on the show and tell people about your app. | 上节目来向观众介绍你的应用吧 |
[13:26] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[13:27] | I’ll ask MacKenzie for a block and I’ll interview you. | 我去问麦肯兹要个档期对你进行采访 |
[13:30] | All right. Awesome. | 好啊 太棒了 |
[13:32] | An associate producer will give you the details. | 制片助理会告诉你细节 |
[13:35] | – You should apologize. – Sorry. | -你应该道个歉 -对不起 |
[13:36] | – To him. – Habit. Sorry. | -是向他 -习惯了 对不起 |
[13:38] | Were you serious about that phone number? | 那个电话的事情你是认真的吗 |
[13:40] | Yeah, but I think you can do better. | 是啊 不过我觉得你能找到更好的 |
[13:42] | – For real? – I’m on it. | -真的吗 -我敢打包票 |
[13:50] | Okay, so when you vivisect this guy | 要是你要深入剖析这个人 |
[13:51] | and especially his app, Pruit’s not gonna be happy. | 特别是他的应用 普鲁特会不高兴的 |
[13:54] | I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it. | 船到桥头自然直 |
[13:55] | You usually blow up that bridge when you come to it. | 你的船到桥头一般都把桥撞断了 |
[13:57] | Would you mind giving me some space? I have a show to prepare. | 能让我一个人待会吗 我还要准备节目呢 |
[14:00] | Sure, but this is my office. | 好的 不过这是我的办公室 |
[14:01] | Yes, it is. Sorry. | 对哦 不好意思 |
[14:03] | Hang on. | 等等 |
[14:05] | There’s an undergrad at Princeton who started a website | 有个普林斯顿的本科生为那些 |
[14:07] | for students who have been raped, | 被强奸后没有足够证据 |
[14:08] | but who don’t have enough evidence | 让警方采取行动的学生 |
[14:10] | for the police to take action. | 建了一个网站 |
[14:12] | Victims can go onto the site either anonymously or not | 受害人可以匿名或实名登入这个网站 |
[14:15] | and name names and describe their experiences. | 在上面公布姓名和描述自身经历 |
[14:19] | Pruit wants the undergrad | 普鲁特想找那个本科生 |
[14:21] | and one of the accused in the studio. | 和一个在网站上被指控的人一起来做节目 |
[14:23] | – That’s a terrible idea. – I know. | -这主意真烂 -我知道 |
[14:24] | – Do you have a better one? – Don’t do it? | -你还有更好的主意吗 -别听他的 |
[14:26] | Do you have a better one where I get to keep my job? | 你还有更好的能让我保住饭碗的主意吗 |
[14:29] | – Charlie’s gonna back you. – Charlie told me to do it. | -查理会支持你的 -查理叫我去找吧 |
[14:34] | What’s happening to him? | 他怎么回事 |
[14:39] | I think you should consider letting me do the talking. | 我觉得你应该考虑一下让我来说 |
[14:41] | At least at the top. We won’t have much time with him | 至少在飞机上让我来 我们不会跟他待太久 |
[14:44] | and I want to ask him, obviously, the extent | 我想问他 最显而易见的问题就是 |
[14:46] | to which they’ve been keeping metadata, | 他们记录元数据的深入程度 |
[14:47] | how much the agency learns from this kind of information, | 以及那家机构会从这些信息里了解些什么 |
[14:50] | and in what ways the FISA reports have provided | 还有如何从《外国情报监听法》报告中 |
[14:52] | insufficient oversight of the NSA. | 读出国家安全局的监管不力 |
[14:54] | I want to ask him at what point | 我倒想问问 |
[14:55] | he decided to declare war on the United States. | 他为什么会决定与美国政府为敌 |
[14:57] | So I think you should let me get the ball rolling. | 所以我觉得还是让我来问吧 |
[14:59] | You and your whole generation’s contempt for institutions. | 你们这一代的人都太轻视那些国家机构了 |
[15:01] | I’m two years younger than you. | 我就比你小两岁 |
[15:02] | With your hair and your clothes and your music. | 你们的发型 衣着 还有音乐 |
[15:04] | Here it is. Here’s the gate. | 这边走 这边是登机口 |
[15:06] | You sure? | 确定吗 |
[15:07] | It says departs for Havana at 11:55 PM. | 这边写着晚上11:55飞往哈瓦那 |
[15:10] | Are you sure? | 你确定吗 |
[15:11] | We had a nine-hour flight from New York. | 我们刚从纽约坐了九小时飞机过来 |
[15:13] | I was brushing up on my Russian with my Russian phrase book, | 我在对着俄罗斯词组书温习俄语 |
[15:16] | or Russkiy razgovornik, | 或者应该称俄罗斯词组书[俄语] |
[15:17] | while you were watching “Star Wars” on your iPad. | 而你则忙着在iPad上看《星球大战》 |
[15:19] | Trek. “Star Trek.” | 迷航 《星际迷航》 |
[15:21] | Both excellent examples of genius, | 这两部片都极为天才 |
[15:24] | – but different in every imaginable– – Yeah, shut up. | -但是在想象层面上… -闭嘴吧 |
[15:26] | – Good evening. – Good evening. | -晚上好 -晚上好 |
[15:33] | Then we’ll speak in English. | 那我们用英文说吧 |
[15:35] | You’re American press, yes? | 你们是美国的媒体吧 |
[15:37] | I have not seen Edward Snowden. I do not know where he is. | 我没见过爱德华·斯诺登 我不知道他是谁 |
[15:39] | That’s all right. We just want to check in | 没关系 我们只是想 |
[15:41] | for the midnight flight to Havana. | 为半夜飞往哈瓦那的航班检票 |
[15:43] | That’s Aeroflot seven, departing 11:55? | 是11:55起飞的俄罗斯国航7号班机吗 |
[15:45] | Yes. Margaret Jordan and James Humdrum. | 是的 玛格丽特·乔丹和詹姆斯·汉德姆[无趣] |
[15:48] | Harper. | 哈珀 |
[15:51] | That guy’s from ABC’s Moscow bureau. | 那人是ABC莫斯科分部的 |
[15:54] | And that’s Reuters and that’s “Le Monde.” | 那是路透社的 那是《世界报》的 |
[15:57] | He’s going to Cuba. He’s gonna be on this flight. | 他就是要去古巴 就是要上这架飞机 |
[15:59] | I do not show reservation for Margaret Jordan. | 我没找到玛格丽特·乔丹的登机牌 |
[16:01] | – Really? – I’ll try Humdrum. | -真的吗 -我找找汉德姆先生的 |
[16:03] | Harper. James Harper. | 哈珀 詹姆斯·哈珀 |
[16:06] | The office bought our tickets while we were in the air. | 我们在飞机上时公司的人帮我们订的票 |
[16:09] | I do not show reservation for Harper. | 我也没有找到哈珀先生的登机牌 |
[16:11] | Would you mind checking again? | 你能再查一遍吗 |
[16:12] | What do you think will happen the second time? | 你觉得第二遍会出现奇迹吗 |
[16:16] | Would you ask her to check again? | 你能让她再查一遍吗 |
[16:19] | – Would you mind checking again? – In Russian. | -你能再查一边吗 -用俄语 |
[16:21] | I understood in English. And I have checked again. | 我懂英语 我已经重新查了一遍 |
[16:24] | And lo and behold, got the same result. | 你们看 还是一样的 |
[16:27] | All right. Can we have two coach seats to Havana? | 那好吧 我们能买两张去哈瓦那的经济舱吗 |
[16:30] | – The flight is sold out. – Of course it is. | -本航班已满员 -我想也是 |
[16:32] | I’ll call the office. | 我打电话给办公室 |
[16:34] | Unless the office can build two seats and install them | 除非办公室的人能在四小时内造两个座位 |
[16:36] | on the plane in the next four hours, it’s not gonna do any good. | 再安装到飞机上 不然就帮不上什么忙 |
[16:44] | Excuse me. Do you speak English? | 不好意思 你能说英语吗 |
[16:46] | – Agence France. – You speak French. Great. | -法语 -你说法语啊 太好了 |
[16:48] | – I speak English, too. – Okay. | -我也说英语 -好吧 |
[16:50] | ‘Cause when I said– it doesn’t matter. | 我之前说…没事 |
[16:54] | I would like to buy your ticket from you at a substantial markup. | 我愿意高价购买你的机票 |
[16:57] | – How substantial? – Twice what your office paid for it. | -有多高 -你办公室给你报销的两倍 |
[16:59] | You can catch the next flight and pocket the difference. | 你可以乘下一班 差价就是你自己的了 |
[17:01] | – That’s a good deal. – Yes, it is. | -听起来不错 -是啊 |
[17:03] | I don’t have a ticket for the flight. | 我没有这架航班的机票 |
[17:05] | – You don’t? – No. | -没有吗 -没有 |
[17:07] | What are you doing here? | 那你在这干什么 |
[17:08] | I’m here to photograph Mr. Snowden. | 我是来拍斯诺登先生的 |
[17:11] | This is a very big story. You agree? | 这是个大新闻啊 你同意吗 |
[17:14] | I do. | 我同意 |
[17:16] | I do agree. | 我同意 |
[17:24] | We have to get on this flight. | 我们得上这班飞机 |
[17:29] | When did you decide you wanted to be a TV news anchor? | 你什么时候决定做电视新闻主播的 |
[17:32] | Do you know how long this interview is gonna take? | 你知道这次采访要多久吗 |
[17:34] | – You’ve got someplace else you’re going? – No. | -你要去别处吗 -不 |
[17:38] | When did you decide you wanted to be a TV news anchor? | 你什么时候决定做电视新闻主播的 |
[17:40] | I didn’t. I was a prosecutor. | 我没想做 我曾是检察官 |
[17:42] | Then I was a speechwriter. | 后是演讲撰稿人 |
[17:43] | Then I was the legal correspondent for my network | 然后做了我们广播网 法务通讯记者 |
[17:45] | and I got promoted. | 之后升职了 |
[17:46] | You were a prosecutor? | 你做过检察官 |
[17:47] | The Brooklyn DA’s office. | 布鲁克林地方检察院 |
[17:49] | You aren’t afraid you’re gonna | 你不怕碰见 |
[17:50] | run into some of the people you sent here? | 被你关到这里的人吗 |
[17:51] | That’s why I’m supposed to be in solitary. | 所以我本该单间的 |
[17:53] | – And you were what kind of writer? – Speechwriter. | -你以前是哪类撰稿人 -演讲撰稿人 |
[17:58] | What does that mean? | 什么意思 |
[17:59] | I helped write speeches for the first President Bush. | 我给老布什总统写演讲稿 |
[18:02] | I worked on his campaign and when he won, | 我为他竞选卖力 等他赢了 |
[18:04] | they brought me to the White House. | 我就被带到白宫了 |
[18:05] | No kidding? George H.W.? | 说真的 乔治·布什 |
[18:09] | – Yeah. – Did you ever meet him? | -嗯 -你见过他吗 |
[18:11] | – Yeah. – I liked him. | -嗯 -我喜欢他 |
[18:15] | He was an elite Harvard silver spoon and all that, | 他是能干的哈佛富家子弟什么的 |
[18:17] | but he didn’t rub it in your face, you know? | 不过他没用这点来气你吧 |
[18:19] | – He went to Yale. – He didn’t do that. | -他是耶鲁的 -他不那样 |
[18:22] | He didn’t make people feel stupid. | 他不让人觉得自己蠢 |
[18:24] | – That’s not what I was doing. – What? | -我没想那样 -什么 |
[18:26] | You were just saying that to the fatheads, | 你刚说的 对呆子而言 |
[18:29] | there’s no difference between Yale and Harvard. | 耶鲁和哈佛没区别 |
[18:31] | But to the refined palate of the eastern elite, | 可是在品味高雅的东部精英看来 |
[18:33] | – the subtle nuances– – Jesus, I’m from Nebraska! | -差别微妙 -天 我是内布拉斯加人 |
[18:35] | You still got that northeastern air of superiority. | 你身上有东北部人的优越感 |
[18:37] | – I’m in jail! – And even | -我在牢里 -就连 |
[18:38] | in here you still think you’re better than me. | 在牢里你都觉得你比我强 |
[18:40] | You hit a woman, man. You don’t set the bar very high. | 你打女人 你自降身份 |
[18:44] | – Will. – Yeah? | -威尔 -嗯 |
[18:46] | – You got visitors. – On a Monday? | -有人来看你 -周一来 |
[18:55] | – I’ll be outside the door. – You look good. | -我就在门外 -你气色不错 |
[18:58] | Yeah, you say that every week. | 是啊 你每周都那么说 |
[19:00] | It’s true every week. | 这是事实啊 |
[19:01] | How you holding up? | 你过得好吗 |
[19:03] | I’m good. What’s this about? | 我很好 怎么了 |
[19:05] | He’s going to ask you a couple of questions | 他要问你几个 |
[19:06] | I’ve already approved. | 经过我同意的问题 |
[19:08] | But if you need a minute, take a minute. | 不过如果你想缓一下 就等等 |
[19:11] | – He’ll step outside. – What’s going on? | -他会出去 -出什么事了 |
[19:13] | The day before yesterday, Saturday morning, | 前天 周六早上 |
[19:15] | a woman named Lilly Hart committed suicide by shooting herself | 一位叫莉莉·哈特的女人在司法部 |
[19:19] | in the head on the steps of the Justice Department. | 台阶上枪击头部自尽 |
[19:21] | Does the name Lilly Hart mean anything to you? | 莉莉·哈特这名字你熟吗 |
[19:22] | That wasn’t one of the questions we went over. | 那不在我们核查过的问题之列 |
[19:23] | – All right. – Stick to the script. | -好吧 -请不要自行发挥 |
[19:26] | Lilly Hart worked for BCD. | 莉莉·哈特在BCD工作 |
[19:28] | Her roommate and some of her friends | 她室友和一些朋友 |
[19:30] | were trying to put the pieces together, | 正努力理出头绪 |
[19:31] | trying to figure out why she killed herself and so theatrically. | 想弄清她为何要如此戏剧化地自杀 |
[19:35] | Her roommate starts going through her emails and then some files, | 她室友开始整理她的邮件和文件 |
[19:38] | and she finds some things which are alarming enough | 发现了些足以引起警觉的东西 |
[19:40] | for her to bring to the attention | 拿给了探员 |
[19:41] | of some agents who sweep the entire laptop. | 探员清查了整台笔记本 |
[19:46] | Will you confirm Lilly Hart as your source? | 你承认莉莉·哈特是你的线人吗 |
[19:51] | No, sir. | 不 先生 |
[19:53] | – Will you deny that she was your source? – No, sir. | -你否认她是你的线人吗 -不 先生 |
[19:56] | – You’re not under oath. – I understand. | -你不是在法庭上宣誓 -我明白 |
[19:59] | Lilly Hart has no family. | 莉莉·哈特没有家人 |
[20:01] | Both her parents died in a car crash years ago. | 双亲几年前在车祸中丧生 |
[20:03] | She’s single with no children. | 她单身无子 |
[20:05] | There’s no one to protect anymore. | 用不着保护谁了 |
[20:08] | Confirm the name, | 确认名字 |
[20:10] | and I’ll inform the judge that the government | 我会通知法官说政府 |
[20:12] | no longer needs your testimony and has withdrawn their subpoena | 不再需要你的证言 撤销传票 |
[20:16] | and you’ll be having dinner with your wife in your home tonight. | 你今晚就能在你家与妻子共进晚餐 |
[20:19] | Yeah, I’m sorry. | 抱歉 |
[20:20] | I’m not allowed to reveal the name of a source without their permission. | 未经线人允许不能透露他们名字 |
[20:24] | Well, that option was taken off the table | 当你的线人把上了镗的伯莱塔九毫米手枪 |
[20:26] | when your source put a loaded Beretta 9mm Nano | 放进嘴里扣动扳机时 |
[20:29] | in her mouth and squeezed the trigger. | 这一契约已无需履行 |
[20:30] | Don’t do that. Don’t try the side door. | 别来这套 别走偏门 |
[20:32] | Look, confirm that she’s the source | 承认她是线人 |
[20:34] | and Neal comes home from Venezuela. | 尼尔就能从委内瑞拉回来 |
[20:36] | We’ll buy the ticket. First class. | 我们来买票 头等舱 |
[20:37] | And you won’t pursue criminal prosecution? | 你们不会提起刑事诉讼 |
[20:39] | We’ll give him an ice cream cone. | 我们会给他一个圆筒冰淇淋 |
[20:43] | Will you confirm that Lilly Hart was your source? | 你承认莉莉·哈特是你的线人吗 |
[20:47] | No, sir. | 不 先生 |
[20:49] | – Will you deny it? – No, sir. | -你否认吗 -不 先生 |
[20:54] | Neal would pummel me | 如果我通过出卖线人名字而换他回来 |
[20:56] | if I got him back by giving up the name of a source. | 尼尔会揍我的 |
[20:57] | Did you think I was gonna consider a deal like this? | 你认为我会考虑这样的交易吗 |
[20:59] | I wrote down exactly what I thought you’d say | 我推测出你的回话并写下来 |
[21:01] | and sealed it in this envelope. | 封在了这个信封里 |
[21:23] | Can I speak to him? | 我能和他说话吗 |
[21:24] | He’s back in his cell. | 他回牢房了 |
[21:28] | Mac. | 麦肯 |
[21:29] | When are they gonna be absolutely sure? | 他们要等什么时候才能完全确定 |
[21:31] | What percent of certainty will it take? | 这需要多大的确定性 |
[21:33] | – I’m gonna find out. – What if we switch places? | -我会查清楚的 -要是我们换地方呢 |
[21:36] | – I have the exact same information Will has. – Mac. | -我和威尔知道一样的信息 -麦肯 |
[21:39] | What if you convinced them I | 要是你说服他们 我更软弱 |
[21:40] | was softer and more likely to give up the name? | 也更有可能说出名字 那会怎样 |
[21:43] | – Are you? – No. | -你是吗 -不是 |
[21:44] | Just a second. | 稍等一下 |
[21:45] | – What if you told them that– – Listen to me. | -要是你告诉他们 -听我说 |
[21:47] | ‘Cause here’s your $20 worth. | 现在就是你的二十美金的价值 |
[21:50] | You don’t tell anyone you know what Will knows. | 你不能告诉任何人你同威尔知道的一样 |
[21:53] | You want your friends to be subpoenaed and get sworn in? | 你想让你的朋友被传唤上庭宣誓吗 |
[21:55] | No. Come on in. | 不想 进来吧 |
[21:57] | Keep calling me. I want to hear from you once an hour. | 继续打给我 每个小时给我打一次 |
[22:00] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[22:01] | I need a block tonight. Five minutes, 4:30. | 我需要今晚节目五分钟时间 四分半也行 |
[22:03] | – For what? – I want to interview Bree Dorrit. | -干什么 -我想采访布瑞·多瑞特 |
[22:05] | Isn’t that the temporary ACN Digital editor? | 他不是临时的ACN数字编辑吗 |
[22:08] | – Yeah. – Why do you want to interview someone who works for us? | -对 -为什么你要采访一位同事 |
[22:11] | I want to discuss an app he has– | 我想讨论一款他的应用软件 |
[22:13] | we have called Human Flesh Hunter or something. | 是我们的 叫人肉搜索还是什么的 |
[22:17] | I know I’ve missed some meetings, | 我知道我错过了几次会议 |
[22:18] | but we really don’t have an app called Hunting Human Flesh? | 但我们真的没有叫人肉搜索的软件 |
[22:21] | No. Maybe. I don’t know. | 没有 可能吧 我不知道 |
[22:23] | I don’t like to do stories about us. | 我不想做关于我们自己的新闻 |
[22:25] | I know, but this is about everyone. | 我知道 但这跟所有人都有关 |
[22:33] | Lady Gaga has been relatively silent on Twitter | 雷迪嘎嘎自从上周二髋关节手术手术后 |
[22:36] | since her hip surgery last February. | 就在推特上很少发言了 |
[22:39] | But today she broke her silence and tweeted | 但今天她打破沉默 发推 |
[22:42] | in support of– in defense of– | 赞成 辩护 |
[22:45] | in support of overturning the Defense of Marriage Act. | 赞成对婚姻辩护法案的颠覆性行为 |
[22:50] | Sloan’s going to interview her manager. | 斯隆会去采访她的经纪人 |
[22:54] | You’re still able to hear yourself when you speak, right? | 你说话的时候自己你还能听见 对吗 |
[22:57] | – Yeah. – I’m glad Lady Gaga wants to engage people– | -对 -我很高兴雷迪嘎嘎想鼓动群众 |
[23:00] | She has 40 million Twitter followers. | 她的推特有四千万粉丝 |
[23:02] | Does her manager bring | 她的经纪人 |
[23:03] | expertise to the table on marriage equality? | 对婚姻平等有什么专业贡献吗 |
[23:05] | What kind of expertise is there on that subject? | 这种话题需要什么专业知识 |
[23:07] | Someone who’s familiar with | 一些对立法机构 |
[23:08] | – state legislature. – Just block out the time. | -很熟悉的人 -留出时间就行 |
[23:09] | We don’t have the time tonight. | 我们今晚没有时间 |
[23:11] | We only have him for one night. | 我们只有今晚的机会采访他 |
[23:12] | Well, I don’t want to get scooped on Gaga’s manager. | 我不想要嘎嘎经纪人的独家新闻 |
[23:14] | Hey, you know what, Mac? | 你知道吗 麦肯 |
[23:17] | How about she brings 40 million people to a civil rights debate? | 她带动四千万人参与一项民权讨论 |
[23:20] | I don’t think gay couples who’d just like to move | 我不认为只会继续生活的 |
[23:23] | the fuck on with their lives are as | 那些基佬们会对这项讨论 |
[23:24] | – choosy about that discussion. It was trending, Charlie. | -有什么苛求的 -那是话题 查理 |
[23:26] | It still is. | 现在还是 |
[23:27] | Lady Gaga’s tweets, they’re trending number one. | 雷迪嘎嘎的推文排在话题榜的第一位 |
[23:30] | So Pruit picked up the phone and said, “Do this.” | 所以普鲁特才会拿起电话让我们”报道” |
[23:33] | That’s why you book her manager, to report on the tweets. | 所以你才会预约她经纪人报道这个推文 |
[23:36] | Whatever. Put it in the rundown. | 无所谓 把这放到台本里 |
[23:37] | – I don’t have room. – There’s always room. | -我没有时间了 -总是有时间的 |
[23:39] | Tell me what you’d like to cut. | 那你告诉我你想剪掉哪一个 |
[23:42] | The Supreme Court struck down portions | 最高法院今天早上驳回了 |
[23:43] | of the Voting Rights Act this morning. | 投票权法案中的部分条款 |
[23:46] | IAF fighter jets attacked the Gaza Strip | 在以色列南部发生火箭攻击后 |
[23:47] | after rockets were fired at southern Israel. | 以色列空军空袭了加沙地带 |
[23:50] | Ed Markey won John Kerry’s seat in the Senate. | 伊德·马基获得了约翰·克里在参议院的席位 |
[23:52] | – Snowden’s on his way to Cuba. – Cut my thing. | -斯诺登正前往古巴 -把我的剪了 |
[23:54] | I didn’t have the time for it anyway. | 你们两个的报道我都留不出时间 |
[23:56] | – What was it? – Nothing. | -你要报道什么 -没什么 |
[23:57] | – ACNgage? – Yeah, how’d you know? | -ACN互动 -对 你怎么知道 |
[23:59] | – Pruit wants it. – How did he know? | -普鲁特想要 -他怎么知道 |
[24:01] | The guy, Bree, he’s got a relationship with Pruit. | 这个布瑞和普鲁特有关系 |
[24:04] | He told him you were putting him on the air and Pruit liked it. | 他告诉他你要采访他 普鲁特挺赞成 |
[24:08] | It’s a promo for the site. | 这是对网站的一次推销 |
[24:10] | Yeah, that is what it is. | 对 就是这么回事 |
[24:12] | You’ll have to cut something else or make trims. | 你要么去掉某个新闻 或剪掉片头片尾 |
[24:15] | In an historic 5-4 decision, | 在历史性的5票对4票决定中 |
[24:17] | the US Supreme Court did | 美国最高法院做出了 |
[24:19] | something that we’ll tell you about tomorrow. | 一些决定 我们明天告诉你们 |
[24:20] | – We’re clear, right? – We are. | -都明白了吗 -明白了 |
[24:28] | – I’m really sorry. – Not your fault. | -很抱歉 -不是你的错 |
[24:31] | Tell me about the five-minute interview | 告诉我 我们要采访自己人的 |
[24:32] | we’re going to do with ourselves. | 五分钟访谈的具体情况 |
[24:44] | You sure you wouldn’t rather do this someplace else? | 你确定你不想到换个地方吗 |
[24:47] | Those are the Footnotes. | 那些是”脚注乐队” |
[24:48] | The pitch pipe lives in the room next door | 弹奏律管的人住在旁边屋里 |
[24:50] | and they practice there sometimes. | 他们有时会到那练习 |
[24:53] | You get used to it. It’s kind of nice. | 你会习惯的 听起来还不错 |
[24:55] | I just meant– | 我是说 |
[24:57] | if I can avoid it, I’d rather | 如果可以的话 我不太想 |
[24:58] | not be alone with a young woman in her dorm room. | 单独和一名年轻女性待在她宿舍里 |
[25:00] | You want witnesses in case I say you forced yourself on me. | 你想有个目击证人 以防我说你强奸我 |
[25:04] | – No, no. – Don. | -不是 -唐 |
[25:06] | – Yeah? – I was raped. | -你说 -我被强奸了 |
[25:08] | – I wasn’t worried– – I was raped. | -我不是担心 -我被强奸了 |
[25:10] | I went to a party at one of the eating clubs. | 我去了饮食俱乐部的一个派对 |
[25:12] | I drank too much tequila. | 我喝了太多的龙舌兰酒 |
[25:14] | There was molly, there was coke, there were mushrooms, | 那有摇头丸 可卡因还有迷幻药 |
[25:16] | and I took anything that was put in front of me. | 然后我吃了面前的所有东西 |
[25:18] | I wound up in a bathroom throwing up | 我兴奋地到洗手间里上吐下泻 |
[25:20] | and then passing out. | 然后就昏过去了 |
[25:21] | And the next thing I knew, | 然后我知道的就是 |
[25:22] | two guys were helping me into a bedroom. | 两个男生扶着我到了一间卧室 |
[25:25] | They told me I needed to lie down. | 他们告诉我 我应该躺下 |
[25:28] | When we got in there, they took my clothes off | 我们进去之后 他们把我扒个精光 |
[25:30] | and they took turns raping me. | 然后轮奸了我 |
[25:39] | And the next day you called the police? | 第二天你报警了吗 |
[25:41] | City police, campus police, | 地方警察 校园警察 |
[25:42] | and the DA’s office. | 还有地检办公室都报了 |
[25:44] | I know who the two guys are and I know where they live. | 我知道那俩人是谁 也知道他们住在哪 |
[25:46] | That should be the easiest arrest they’re ever going to make. | 真要去抓他俩简直易如反掌 |
[25:49] | Nobody pursued it. | 却没有任何人去 |
[25:50] | The kind of rape you’re talking about | 你说的这种强奸 |
[25:52] | is difficult and usually impossible to prove. | 一般都无法证明 |
[25:52] | It’s not a kind of rape. | 没有所谓的某种强奸 |
[25:55] | Sure. | 当然 |
[26:01] | How did you find me? | 你怎么找到我的 |
[26:03] | – The original email? – Yeah. | -原始邮件吗 -对 |
[26:07] | Just some detective work. | 做了点小小的调查而已 |
[26:08] | I really want to know. | 我真想知道 |
[26:10] | Well, on the web page there’s a bio. | 在网页上有你的个人简介 |
[26:13] | You say you’re a third-year psych major. | 写着你是心理学大三学生 |
[26:15] | And later you say you live across from Dillon Gym | 后面还写着你住在迪伦健身馆对面 |
[26:18] | and one of these days you’re gonna start working out. | 总有一天你要开始锻炼身体 |
[26:21] | – You also wrote that you love the Phat Lady. – Right. | -你还写着你爱胖姑娘 -没错 |
[26:23] | I got a list of all female psych majors on campus | 我拿到了校园里所有心理学专业的女生名单 |
[26:25] | and cross-referenced it | 跟住在健身房对面 |
[26:26] | with students living in the upperclassmen dorms | 高年级学生宿舍的学生进行交叉对比 |
[26:28] | across from the gym, which brought me to Cuyler Hall. | 就这么找到了凯勒宿舍楼 |
[26:30] | – Wow. – I asked some people in my office | -厉害 -我问了我办公室的一些人 |
[26:32] | if they knew the band the Phat Lady. | 是否知道哪个乐队叫胖姑娘 |
[26:34] | Really? | 真的吗 |
[26:35] | And a Princeton grad laughed and said… | 一位普林斯顿的毕业生笑着跟我说… |
[26:37] | It’s a sandwich. | 那是三明治的名字 |
[26:38] | It is the most popular sandwich | 那可是避风塘三明治店菜单上没有 |
[26:40] | not on the menu at Hoagie Haven. | 却依然最火的三明治 |
[26:42] | So we went to Costa, | 于是我们去找了科斯塔 |
[26:43] | one of the managers at Hoagie Haven, | 避风塘三明治店的一位经理 |
[26:45] | with pictures of the four | 带着住在凯勒宿舍楼的 |
[26:45] | female psych majors living at Cuyler Hall | 四位心理学专业的女生照片 |
[26:47] | and asked him if any were regular customers. | 问他有没有哪位是常客 |
[26:50] | He pointed at your picture and said, “That’s my girl Mary.” | 他指着你的照片说 “就是这姑娘 叫玛丽” |
[26:53] | That’s a lot of detective work. That’s old school. | 工作量还真不小 够老派 |
[26:56] | I was trying to impress my boss. | 我是想让我老板刮目相看 |
[26:58] | – My boss’s boss. – Did it work? | -我老板的老板 -成功了吗 |
[27:00] | He wants you in the studio along with Jeff. | 他想要你跟杰夫一起去演播室 |
[27:04] | At the same time. | 同时上 |
[27:08] | Elliot Hirsch would be moderating, I guess you’d call it. | 由埃利奥特·赫什在中间调停 该这么说吧 |
[27:11] | It’s very promotable. | 非常容易宣传 |
[27:13] | It’d bring a lot of new viewers to my show, | 我的节目会增加许多新观众 |
[27:15] | a lot of younger viewers who drive a lot of Internet traffic. | 大量年轻观众会增加网络流量 |
[27:18] | And I’d score some points at work. | 还能给我的业绩加分 |
[27:20] | And you’re here for a preinterview. | 你是来做预访谈的 |
[27:22] | I’m here to beg you not to do it. | 我是来求你不要去的 |
[27:37] | The travel office transferred me to talent relations, | 旅行部把我转到了代理部 |
[27:39] | who transferred me to Tess, who said, | 代理部又把我转到了特丝 她说 |
[27:41] | “It’s so romantic that you guys are on a stakeout together | “你们俩能够一起在莫斯科机场蹲守 |
[27:45] | in the Moscow Airport. You’re his destiny.” | 真是太浪漫了 你就是他的真命天女” |
[27:47] | I said, “Tess, we were | 我说”特丝 |
[27:49] | supposed to have tickets waiting to Havana.” | 我们本应该拿着去哈瓦那的票候机的” |
[27:51] | She said, “Hang on, let me check.” | 她说”等等 让我查一下” |
[27:53] | Then she got back on the phone and said, | 接着她查完回来说 |
[27:55] | “Did you know there’s more than one city named Havana?” | “你知道叫哈瓦那的城市不止一个吗” |
[27:58] | We have tickets to Spain? | 我们的票是飞西班牙的吗 |
[27:59] | There are layovers in Dvinsk, Rotterdam, and Berlin. | 经停德文斯克[拉脱维亚] 鹿特丹和柏林 |
[28:01] | And we change planes in Madrid. How’s it looking here? | 然后在马德里转机 这边情况如何 |
[28:04] | There are three people in front of us, five people in back of us. | 三个人排在我们前面 五个人在后面 |
[28:07] | As passengers come to claim their seats, | 只要有乘客来登机 |
[28:08] | the people in back get dismissed. | 后面的人就不能上了 |
[28:10] | It’s like that last helicopter out of Saigon. | 简直像飞离西贡的最后一架直升机 |
[28:10] | 北越军队于1975年4月30日攻占南越首都西贡 在西贡沦陷前 美国外交官 支援人员 外国人及越南难民集体撤离 | |
[28:12] | I know how standby works. | 我知道待定是怎么样的 |
[28:14] | I was answering your question. | 我只是回答你的问题罢了 |
[28:20] | It really would have killed you to apologize to Hallie? | 跟哈莉道个歉就有那么难吗 |
[28:23] | You would have gotten sick and died? | 道个歉会死吗 |
[28:25] | As soon as you said the word romantic– | 在你一说浪漫那个词的时候… |
[28:27] | – I didn’t say it, Tess did. – You recounted it. | -不是我说的 特丝说的 -你复述了 |
[28:29] | I was telling a funny story. | 我可是在讲笑话 |
[28:31] | As soon as you said romantic, I knew we were heading for Hallie. | 你一说到浪漫 我就知道要提哈莉 |
[28:33] | After all, it’s been two hours. | 毕竟都两小时了 |
[28:35] | – You would have tragically died from– – I did apologize. | -你会悲惨地死于… -我道过歉了 |
[28:38] | “I’m sorry I overreacted. | “很抱歉我反应过度了 |
[28:40] | In fact, I’m so sorry that I sent this apology in a text.” | 事实上 我都自责到要用短信来道歉了” |
[28:43] | How should it have been delivered? | 那我该怎么道歉 |
[28:45] | – In person for starters. – She doesn’t want to see me. | -起码也得当面说吧 -她不想见我 |
[28:48] | You know what you should do? | 你知道你该怎么做吗 |
[28:49] | Tess thinks you’re my destiny? | 特丝觉得你是我的真命天女吗 |
[28:51] | – Call her right now. – Tess? | -现在打给她 -特丝吗 |
[28:52] | Hallie. Call her right now. | 哈莉 现在就打给她 |
[28:54] | You’re halfway around the world on a big story, | 你远在世界另一端报道重大新闻 |
[28:56] | but you just wanted to hear her voice. | 但你只想听到她的声音 |
[28:58] | Do you want her back, Jim? | 你想挽回她吗 吉姆 |
[29:00] | – Those two are on the plane. – Do you want her back? | -那俩登机了 -你想挽回她吗 |
[29:02] | – Of course. – Then do what I’m telling you | -当然了 -那就按我说的做 |
[29:05] | and wait for further instructions. | 再等我接着教你 |
[29:07] | – Do it. – You can hold our place? | -打吧 -你能占住我们的位置吗 |
[29:09] | Yeah, I think I can handle standing on the ground. | 能 我还是有把握能站在地面上的 |
[29:11] | ‘Cause it’s not a bad idea. | 因为这主意还不错 |
[29:12] | Don’t get into any, you know, areas. | 不要说别的废话 |
[29:15] | Just tell her you wanted to hear her voice | 就告诉她你想听她的声音 |
[29:17] | and that you love her and that you’ll call her from Cuba. | 你爱她 你到了古巴会给她打电话 |
[29:27] | All right, I’ll be right back. | 好吧 我马上回来 |
[30:06] | – What happened? – It was voicemail. I hung up. | -怎么了 -转到语音信箱了 我挂了 |
[30:09] | You’ll keep trying, right? | 你会再打的 对吧 |
[30:10] | Yeah. | 会的 |
[30:12] | You did good. | 做得不错 |
[30:20] | I already know what he’ll say. | 我已经知道他要说什么了 |
[30:22] | So do I. I’ve spoken to him. | 我也知道 我已经和他谈过了 |
[30:24] | – He denied it? – Yeah. | -他否认了 -是的 |
[30:27] | What did he say happened? | 他怎么说的 |
[30:30] | You don’t want to hear it. | 你不想知道 |
[30:32] | – Yes, I do. – It’s upsetting. | -我想 -会让你难受的 |
[30:34] | I have a new standard for what upsets me. | 我现在对什么让我难受有新的标准了 |
[30:37] | – He said it was consensual? – Yeah. | -他说那是两厢情愿的吗 -是的 |
[30:39] | How can it be consensual if | 如果其中一方没有意识 |
[30:41] | one of the consenting parties isn’t conscious? | 能说是两厢情愿吗 |
[30:43] | – It can’t be. – So what did he say? | -不能 -他怎么说的 |
[30:46] | Mary, he says you said, “Fuck me. Fuck me. Fuck me. | 玛丽 他说你说”操我操我操我 |
[30:48] | Get two guys in here who will fuck me.” | “带两个愿意干我的男人来” |
[30:50] | Yeah, that… | 是啊 |
[30:51] | that sounds like me. | 听起来挺像我会说的 |
[30:53] | And he’s changing his story a little. | 他对故事做了点改动 |
[30:55] | That’s something that would come out in a trial. | 在审讯中这是会露出马脚的 |
[30:56] | There’s not gonna be a trial. | 不会有审讯的 |
[30:58] | There’s not gonna be an arrest. | 也不会有逮捕 |
[30:59] | And there’s not gonna be an investigation. | 连调查都不会有 |
[31:01] | Mine’s gonna be one of the 700,000 untested rape kits, | 我的将成为七十万个未检验的强奸案中的一个 |
[31:05] | so I started this website. | 所以我创建了这个网站 |
[31:08] | – Do you know who Sloan Sabbith is? – Sure. | -你知道斯隆·莎碧斯是谁吗 -当然 |
[31:10] | – She’s my girlfriend. – Well done. | -她是我女朋友 -赞 |
[31:12] | About, I don’t know, a year and a half ago, | 大概 我猜 一年半以前 |
[31:15] | she was dating this guy and they broke up and he was pissed. | 她和一个人约会 然后他们分手了那人很生气 |
[31:18] | She’d posed for him, some naked pictures, | 她之前给了他些裸照 |
[31:20] | and he posted them on a site called RevengePorn.Com. | 他把这些照片放到一个叫做”复仇黄片”的网站上 |
[31:22] | I remember. What did she do? | 我记得 那她怎么做的 |
[31:25] | She broke his jaw, but I’m not recommending that. | 她一拳打烂了他的下巴 我倒是不推荐这种做法 |
[31:27] | This isn’t revenge. It’s a warning. | 这不是报复 这是警告 |
[31:30] | It’s a public service. Do not go on a date with these guys. | 这是一种公共服务 不要和这些人约会 |
[31:32] | Do not go to a party with these guys. | 不要和这些人一起去派对 |
[31:34] | Do not give these guys a job ever. | 永远不要给这些人工作 |
[31:36] | Wait, they’re avoiding jail and you think I’m being too harsh? | 等等 他们逍遥法外 你却觉得我太过分了 |
[31:38] | Don’t you think there’s a chance | 你不认为可能 |
[31:39] | that somebody’s gonna use the site as revenge? | 有些人会用这个网站实施报复吗 |
[31:41] | That somebody’s gonna make up a story and ruin a kid’s life? | 有人会编造一个故事来毁掉一个孩子的一生 |
[31:44] | Jeff got into Stanford Medical School. Not anymore. | 杰夫进了斯坦福医学院 不能读了 |
[31:46] | There were NFL teams looking at Brandon. Not anymore. | 橄榄球联盟球队看中了布兰登 不能去了 |
[31:48] | Yeah, you can imagine how sad that makes me. | 你可以想象我有多伤心 |
[31:50] | Don’t you think there’s a chance that somebody, | 你不认为有可能 |
[31:52] | a woman who feels rejected– | 某个被抛弃的女人… |
[31:52] | Yeah, bitches be bitches. I get it. | 是啊 贱人就是矫情 我懂 |
[31:54] | I’m just saying that if a grown man | 我只想说如果一个在 |
[31:56] | who works in arbitrage at one of the biggest banks in the world | 世界最大银行之一干套汇的成年男人 |
[31:59] | can post naked pictures of his ex on RevengePorn.Com– | 都会把他前任的裸照放到”复仇黄片”上去… |
[32:01] | Yes, I think there’s a chance and I’ve weighed the cost benefit. | 是的 我认为有可能 而且我已经权衡了利弊 |
[32:05] | I have. If another girl got raped because I didn’t say anything | 我权衡了 如果另一个女孩因为我 |
[32:08] | or because someone else didn’t say anything– | 或者别人没有站出来而被强奸… |
[32:10] | – I know. – You don’t know. | -我懂 -你不懂 |
[32:12] | And you’re right about that, too. | 你这话说的也对 |
[32:14] | Then what am I wrong about? | 那我哪里错了 |
[32:19] | What am I wrong about? | 哪里错了 |
[32:24] | I don’t like Jews. I said it. | 我不喜欢犹太人 我说出口了 |
[32:27] | People are afraid to speak their mind these days. | 现在的人都不敢说出真实想法了 |
[32:29] | I haven’t noticed that. | 我倒没发现 |
[32:32] | First of all, we’ve got, what, 3%? | 首先 有多少人 百分之三 |
[32:36] | Is that how many Jews there are, | 是有这么多吗 |
[32:37] | – 3% of America? – A little less. | -百分之三的美国人 -比那少一点 |
[32:39] | Less than 3% of Americans | 不到百分之三的美国人 |
[32:41] | controlling the banks, the media, Hollywood. | 掌控着银行 媒体 好莱坞 |
[32:44] | They didn’t take those things in an armed assault. | 他们不是通过武力得到这些的 |
[32:46] | That’s exactly how they did it. | 他们就是 |
[32:48] | Their grandparents came here from the Polish ghettos | 他们的祖父母从波兰的贫民窟 |
[32:51] | and the Russian villages and they told their sons, | 俄罗斯的农村来到这 告诉他们的儿子 |
[32:54] | “Don’t work with your hands.” | “不要干体力活 |
[32:55] | Go to law school. You go to medical school. | ”去读法学院 医学院 |
[32:57] | You go to business school. | ”去读商学院 |
[32:59] | You don’t get calluses on your hands. You wear a suit to work.” | “不能让手上结茧 要穿西装去上班” |
[33:01] | Given the time they came from and | 想象他们来的时代 |
[33:03] | the one that was coming, it was pretty good advice. | 以及来的那些人 这都是很好的建议 |
[33:05] | And guys like you worship them. | 而像你这样的人崇拜他们 |
[33:07] | You’d give anything to be Jewish. You’re Protestant, right? | 你会不惜一切成为个犹太人 你是新教徒吧 |
[33:10] | – Catholic. – Nah, not on both sides. | -天主教 -不是父母都是吧 |
[33:13] | – My mother was Catholic. – So is my wife. | -我妈妈是天主教徒 -我妻子也是 |
[33:16] | – Is that why you hit her? – No, I’m not prejudiced. | -所以你打她 -不是 我没有偏见 |
[33:19] | You assume I am ’cause I do real work. | 你认为我有 因为我是干实事的 |
[33:21] | – What do I do? – Please, buddy. | -那我干的是什么 -拜托 兄弟 |
[33:23] | – You want to trade jobs with me? – No. | -你想和我换工作吗 -不想 |
[33:25] | ‘Cause you’re too smart for what I do. | 因为你智商太高 做不了我的活 |
[33:28] | Just like the Jews. | 就像犹太人一样 |
[33:30] | That’s why your father drank. | 所以你爸才喝酒 |
[33:35] | I’m making an executive decision. | 我要做个行政决策 |
[33:37] | Should I quiet everyone down? | 我应该叫所有人安静吗 |
[33:38] | We can’t be in this line because A– you know, | 我们不能排这个队 因为第一 你知道的 |
[33:40] | and B– he’ll have already talked to everyone who’s boarded. | 第二 他会提前和登机的人谈过了 |
[33:43] | We need to be on the plane early. | 我们得早上飞机 |
[33:44] | Let’s go back to the first plan. | 我们回到第一计划吧 |
[33:45] | No reporter is gonna sell us their ticket. | 没有记者会把票卖给我们的 |
[33:47] | There are people on this flight who aren’t reporters. | 这班机上有人不是记者 |
[33:49] | Let’s look around and identify them. | 咱们好好看看找出这种人 |
[33:55] | Those two are on their honeymoon. | 那两个在度蜜月 |
[34:04] | I do, just a little. My husband does not. | 我讲 一点点 我先生不会讲 |
[34:07] | I’m Maggie Jordan and this is Jim Harper. | 我是玛姬·乔丹 这位是吉姆·哈珀 |
[34:09] | We are from an American news agency. | 我们是美国新闻机构的 |
[34:11] | Atlantis Cable News. | 亚特兰蒂斯有线新闻 |
[34:19] | He says Atlantis is a lost– | 他说亚特兰蒂斯是遗失的… |
[34:23] | Hercules, Zeus. | 大力神 宙斯 |
[34:25] | – Mythological. – Mythological city. | -神话 -神话之都 |
[34:27] | It is, but the news agency is real. | 没错 不过新闻社是真的 |
[34:29] | – Go faster. – Shut up. | -快进入正题 -闭嘴 |
[34:31] | Are you on your honeymoon, too? | 你们也是去度蜜月吗 |
[34:32] | No, we’re reporting an important story | 不是 我们要报导一篇重要的新闻 |
[34:35] | and we need to get on that flight. | 我们需要赶上那趟班机 |
[34:37] | And we’d like to buy your tickets to Havana | 我们想买你们飞往哈瓦那的机票 |
[34:39] | and give you two free tickets to Madrid. | 免费送你们两张飞往马德里的机票 |
[34:44] | Tell them Madrid’s closer. | 告诉他们去马德里比较近 |
[34:45] | They know where Madrid is. | 他们知道马德里在哪里 |
[34:46] | – Just remind them. – We know where Madrid is. | -只是提醒他们 -我们知道马德里在哪 |
[34:49] | He wants your watch. | 他想要你的手表 |
[34:50] | He wants your watch. | 他想要你的手表 |
[34:52] | This watch was a graduation present from my parents. | 这是我父母送的毕业礼物 |
[34:55] | Could I write you a check for some money instead? | 我可以用开支票给你钱代替吗 |
[35:00] | We’ll take the money, too. | 钱我们也要拿 |
[35:05] | He liked my shirt and my pants, too. | 他还喜欢我的上衣和裤子 |
[35:07] | And everything that was in my suitcase and my suitcase. | 还有我行李箱里的所有东西 |
[35:10] | Hey, she took my “News Night” baseball cap. | 她拿走了我的”晚间新闻”棒球帽 |
[35:12] | I think we have more of those. | 那种帽子我们有的是 |
[35:14] | These are our seats. | 这是我们的位子 |
[35:20] | All right. | 好 |
[35:23] | We’ll see him come on from here. | 我们很快就能见到他了 |
[35:26] | I look like an idiot. | 我看起来像个傻瓜 |
[35:28] | You look kind of cute. | 你看起来挺可爱的 |
[35:31] | I look like I… | 我看起来…. |
[35:33] | just really, really, really like the Olympics. | 像是冬奥会的脑残粉 |
[35:43] | You never called Hallie, did you? | 你没给哈莉打电话 对吧 |
[35:46] | No. | 没有 |
[35:48] | Jesus Christ, Jim. | 天呐 吉姆 |
[35:52] | The law is plainly failing rape victims. | 法律显然维护不了强奸受害者 |
[35:55] | That must be obvious to you. | 这点你肯定知道 |
[35:56] | It is, but in fairness, the law wasn’t built to serve victims. | 对 但公平起见 法律不是为受害者服务的 |
[35:59] | – In fairness? – I know. | -公平起见 -我知道 |
[36:04] | Do you believe me? | 你相信我吗 |
[36:07] | Do I believe you? Of course I do. | 我相信你吗 当然相信 |
[36:08] | – Seriously. – I’m not here on a fact-finding mission. | -认真说 -我不是来这里发掘真相的 |
[36:11] | I’m just curious. Be really honest. | 我只是好奇 一定要说实话 |
[36:13] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[36:16] | I’ve heard two competing stories. | 我听到了两个互相矛盾的故事 |
[36:18] | One from a very credible woman | 一个是一个非常可信 |
[36:19] | who as far as I can see has no reason to lie. | 在我看来没理由说谎的女士说的 |
[36:21] | The other from a guy I judge to be a little sketchy | 另一个是我认为不正直 |
[36:23] | who has every reason to lie and I am– | 且有充分理由说话的男士说的 |
[36:26] | I’m obligated to believe the sketchy guy. | 我有义务相信那个不正直的男士 |
[36:29] | This isn’t a courtroom. | 这里不是法庭 |
[36:31] | You’re not legally obligated to presume innocence. | 你没有法律义务假定他清白 |
[36:33] | – I believe I’m morally obligated. – You know, you’re a good guy, | -我在道德上有义务 -你是个好人 |
[36:36] | but do people tell you a lot that your head’s up your ass? | 但是不是经常有人说你脑子进水了 |
[36:38] | They do, and I absolutely allow for that possibility. | 没错 我也绝对认为有这个可能 |
[36:41] | I’m the guy who goes around | 我就是那个四处跟人说 |
[36:41] | OJ·辛普森是美国橄榄球员 广播员和演员 1994年因尼科尔·布朗·辛普森和罗纳德·戈德曼的 凶杀案被捕 1995年刑事法庭宣判他无罪 | |
[36:43] | saying OJ’s not guilty because a jury said so. | 陪审团认为OJ无罪那他就无罪的人 |
[36:43] | 1997年民事法庭宣判他需为错误致死支付三千三百五十万的罚款 2007年在内华达州被捕 被控多项重罪 包括持械抢劫和绑架 2008年被判入狱33年 | |
[36:46] | I’m not gonna get a jury. | 我这案子不会开庭审理的 |
[36:48] | I know, and I can imagine how frustrating– | 我知道 我能想象你有多沮丧… |
[36:49] | No, you can’t imagine. | 不 你无法想象 |
[36:53] | No, I can’t. | 对 我不能 |
[36:55] | But it is a huge, dangerous, | 但在电视观众前自己审讯 |
[36:59] | scary-as-shit mistake to convene your own trial | 是个十分危险并可怕的错误 |
[37:03] | in front of a television audience where there’s no due process, | 那里没有法定诉讼程序 |
[37:05] | no lawyers, no discovery, no rules of procedure, | 没有律师 没有探索 没有程序法则 |
[37:09] | no decisions on admissible evidence, threat of perjury, | 无需决定何种证据可用 没有做伪证的威胁 |
[37:12] | confrontation of witnesses or any of the things we do– | 没有证人对质 或任何我们有的程序… |
[37:14] | To ensure that rapists go to Stanford Medical School. | 来确保强奸犯上斯坦福大学医学院 |
[37:16] | To ensure an innocent person isn’t destroyed. | 来确保不会毁掉一个无辜的人 |
[37:19] | The law can acquit. The Internet never will. | 法律能宣告无罪 可是网络永远不能 |
[37:21] | The Internet is used for vigilantism every day. | 民间自卫每天都诉求于法律 |
[37:24] | But this is a whole new level | 但这是全新的阶段 |
[37:25] | and if we go there, we’re truly fucked. | 如果我们走到那一步 我们就完蛋了 |
[37:28] | I’m not a vigilante. | 我不是民间自卫人士 |
[37:29] | Do you want to live in a world where– | 你想生活在这样的世界吗 |
[37:31] | Do you want to hear the advice I get? | 你想听听我收到的忠告吗 |
[37:34] | I mean, this is real advice. | 这是真正的忠告 |
[37:36] | In pamphlets. | 小册子上写的 |
[37:38] | Say you have a boyfriend. Wear a wedding ring. | 说你有男友 戴上枚婚戒 |
[37:42] | I’m supposed to protect myself from a man | 我得假装自己是男人的附属品 |
[37:46] | by pretending I’m the property of another man. | 来保护自己免受别的男人的侵害 |
[37:49] | And, of course, there’s no shortage of good fashion advice. | 当然 还有不少该如何穿衣打扮的忠告 |
[37:52] | – Mary. – When you came in here, | -玛丽 -你进来时 |
[37:53] | you wanted to go to a public place | 你说想去公共场所 |
[37:55] | because you were scared I’d cry rape. | 因为你害怕我会喊强奸 |
[37:59] | I’m scared of getting raped. | 我害怕被强奸 |
[38:02] | I’m scared all the time. | 我无时无刻都害怕 |
[38:06] | All the time. | 无时无刻 |
[38:09] | So you know what my site does? | 你知道我的网站有什么用吗 |
[38:13] | It scares you. | 它有威慑作用 |
[38:15] | It scares the living shit out of any guy | 它能把任何在未取得对方同意前 |
[38:18] | who thinks even once about putting his hands | 就想动手动脚的男人 |
[38:20] | on someone without an invitation. | 吓得屁滚尿流 |
[38:24] | You’re right to name your attacker. | 你有权说出攻击你的人的名字 |
[38:27] | You may even be obligated to. | 你甚至有义务说出来 |
[38:33] | But the site is gonna clobber an innocent person | 但这个网站会把一个无辜的人活剥了皮 |
[38:36] | and there is no chance that it won’t. | 这种事无可避免 |
[38:37] | And if you face off with the guy you’ve accused on TV, | 如果你在电视上对峙你控诉之人 |
[38:41] | it is going to be a lawless food fight | 那将会变成一场没有法纪的夺食大战 |
[38:43] | with irreversible, irretrievable consequences. | 后果严重 不堪设想 |
[38:46] | Teams will be formed, you will be slut-shamed, | 人们会各执己见 你会被贴上荡妇标签 |
[38:49] | and you won’t get the justice you’re looking for. | 而且你也不会讨回公道 |
[38:53] | That’s why I’m asking you to refuse. | 所以我才要求你拒绝上电视 |
[38:57] | I don’t understand why you need me to refuse. | 我不懂你为什么需要我拒绝 |
[38:59] | It’s your show. Why don’t you just not do it? | 这是你的节目 你不能不采访我吗 |
[39:01] | I’ve been overruled. | 我被否决了 |
[39:03] | It’s a promotable story that’ll bring in a younger audience. | 因为此次报道会吸引大批年轻观众 |
[39:06] | I don’t have a problem with that. | 我对此没有意见 |
[39:07] | It’s sports, Mary. | 这是一场赛事 玛丽 |
[39:09] | It’ll be covered like sports. | 就像播体育比赛一样报道你 |
[39:13] | I’m gonna win this time. | 我会赢下这场比赛 |
[39:20] | All right. | 好吧 |
[39:23] | Thanks for hearing me out. | 谢谢你听我说了这么多 |
[39:28] | We’ll be in touch with you. | 我们会跟你保持联系 |
[39:38] | – You miss your wife? – Yes. | -你想念你的妻子吗 -想 |
[39:41] | Uh, yes. Yes, Mr. Chairman. | 是 是 主席大人 |
[39:44] | I miss my wife. That’s affirmative. | 我想念我的妻子 确实想念 |
[39:46] | I was married to her for 11 minutes | 我跟她结婚刚11分钟 |
[39:47] | before I was taken to jail. Yes, I miss my wife. | 就被关进了监狱 是 我很想她 |
[39:52] | So is she like you or is she like, | 她是你这个类型还是其它类型 |
[39:54] | I don’t know, what do you call it? | 叫什么来着 |
[39:55] | – I don’t know what you’re asking. – A trophy wife. | -不知道你问什么 -花瓶妻 |
[39:57] | A guy like you could get, you know. | 你们这种成功人士都懂的 |
[40:00] | Is she a trophy wife or is she smart? | 是个花瓶还是有头脑的女人呢 |
[40:01] | She’s very smart. | 她相当聪明 |
[40:05] | Is that something you’re saying because people say that? | 你这么说是因为别人这么评价她吗 |
[40:07] | She went to school at Cambridge in England. | 她是英国剑桥毕业的 |
[40:09] | She’s considered one of the best in the world at her job– | 她在自己的领域里数一数二 |
[40:12] | – You’ve got to stop being a prick. – What did I do now? | -你能不能不那么混蛋 -我又怎么了 |
[40:14] | I know that Cambridge is in goddamn England, shithead. | 我他妈知道剑桥在英国 你个傻缺 |
[40:17] | Why is the first thing you tell me is where she went to school? | 你为什么先说她是哪毕业的 |
[40:19] | My wife is smarter than I am in every way imaginable | 我妻子在各个方面都比我聪明 |
[40:23] | and it never makes me mad. | 我从没为此觉得不爽 |
[40:24] | I don’t feel a crippling inferiority complex | 当我想到她的聪明与才智时 |
[40:27] | turn into rage and bad decisions | 我没有那种由严重的自卑 |
[40:29] | when I think about her being smart. | 转化为愤怒和不理智行为的感觉 |
[40:31] | – You’re saying I do? – It seems to come up a lot. | -那你是说我有喽 -你好像经常这么表现出来 |
[40:34] | I don’t like media types. | 我不喜欢传媒行业的人 |
[40:35] | – East Coast elites. – Yeah. | -东海岸的精英 -对 |
[40:37] | That’s a thoroughly original opinion. | 这个见解真是太独到了 |
[40:39] | I’ve never heard that before. | 在下闻所未闻 |
[40:42] | See, you people think we can’t recognize sarcasm. | 看吧 你们这种人觉得我们听不懂讽刺 |
[40:46] | We can. We just call it being an asshole. | 我们听得懂 我们管它叫装犊子 |
[40:48] | And we call you a shit kicker. | 我们管你这种人叫做饭桶 |
[40:50] | And you still don’t think you look down at some people. | 你还不承认你瞧不起人 |
[40:52] | Down is where some people are. | 有些人就是让人瞧不起 |
[40:59] | What’s your mission to civilize? | 你教化众生的使命是什么 |
[41:03] | Who told you about that? | 谁告诉你的 |
[41:04] | – You did. – When? | -你说的 -什么时候 |
[41:05] | – A while ago. – I don’t remember that. | -之前说的 -我不记得有这事 |
[41:08] | Mission to civilize, what is that? | 教化众生 什么意思 |
[41:11] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[41:12] | – It’s not nothing. – It’s just a joke. | -肯定有什么 -只是个玩笑 |
[41:14] | – No, it’s not. – It’s nothing. | -不是 -什么都不是 |
[41:15] | What is it? | 是什么 |
[41:18] | It’s a reference to Don Quixote. | 引用堂吉诃德的话而已 |
[41:21] | – The knight? – He wasn’t a real knight. | -那个骑士吗 -他算不上真正的骑士 |
[41:22] | He was an old man who was delusional. He thought he was a knight. | 一个精神错乱的老头子 自以为是骑士 |
[41:25] | He took on a world that was bleak and morally corrupt. | 跟一个无可救药且道德败坏的世界较量 |
[41:30] | How’d he do? | 他怎么样了 |
[41:32] | He got his ass kicked. | 他被人整惨了 |
[41:36] | See? And that’s the thing. | 看吧 重点就在这儿 |
[41:39] | I don’t want to see you get your ass kicked. | 我不想你被人整 |
[41:46] | That’s– that’s not true. That was dishonest. | 这不是真话 我说的是假话 |
[41:49] | I badly want to see you get your ass kicked. | 其实我太想看到你被人整的惨样了 |
[41:54] | I know. | 我知道 |
[41:58] | And that picture of you and your father, | 那张你和你父亲的照片 |
[42:00] | I’ll bet he wasn’t trying to teach you about civic morality. | 我敢说他不是在教你什么社会公德 |
[42:04] | I’ll bet he was just trying to teach you to fish. | 他肯定只是在教你钓鱼而已 |
[42:15] | Please, you have to take your seats now. | 请各位现在务必回到自己的座位 |
[42:17] | We’re pushing back from the gate and all passengers | 我们即将离开登机口 |
[42:19] | must take their seats, please. Thank you. | 请各位乘客务必就坐 谢谢 |
[42:25] | We had seats across the aisle from him. | 我们和他的座位就隔了个过道 |
[42:27] | The honeymooners had two | 那对新婚夫妇的座位 |
[42:28] | seats across the aisle from Edward Snowden. | 离爱德华·斯诺登仅隔了一个过道 |
[42:32] | Boris and Natasha had the golden tickets. | 博瑞斯和娜塔莎的机票真是绝了 |
[42:34] | We’d have had him the whole flight except for one thing. | 我们本可全程采访他 除了一点 |
[42:37] | – He’s not on the plane. – You know where he is? | -他不在飞机上 -你知道他在哪吗 |
[42:39] | – Probably back in the airport. – Yeah. | -差不多还在机场 -对 |
[42:42] | So we’ll be flying 600 miles an hour | 而我们将以每小时960公里的速度 |
[42:43] | away from the story. | 飞离报道现场 |
[42:47] | Fuck! | 妈的 |
[42:53] | Why didn’t you call her? | 你为什么没打给她 |
[42:55] | What? | 什么 |
[42:57] | Why didn’t you call Hallie? | 你为什么没给哈莉打电话 |
[42:59] | You’re a noodge, Maggie. You know that? | 你很唠叨 玛姬 你知道吗 |
[43:01] | I’m just asking. | 我就是问问 |
[43:04] | If you really like her, it’s a stupid thing– | 如果你真心喜欢她 这么做很蠢… |
[43:06] | I like you. | 我喜欢你 |
[43:10] | And I don’t really know why you don’t know that. | 而且我真不知道你为什么没看出来 |
[43:19] | Because– | 因为… |
[43:20] | because if you wanted to be with me, you’d be with me. | 如果你想跟我在一起就会跟我在一起了 |
[43:23] | That’s just not at all true. | 这么说完全不对 |
[43:26] | You were with Don when I met you. | 我们初识时你和唐在一起 |
[43:29] | You never called me from New Hampshire. | 你在新罕布什尔州时从没给我打电话 |
[43:30] | – Yes, I did. – No, you didn’t. Ever. | -我给你打了 -不 你从没打过 |
[43:34] | And you knew I had split up with Don and you knew why. | 你知道我和唐分开了 你知道原因 |
[43:37] | You went through Lisa, you went through Hallie. | 你跟利萨在一起 跟哈莉在一起 |
[43:39] | And you never called me from New Hampshire. | 你没从新罕布什尔打电话给我 |
[43:41] | So it’s really not as obvious as you think it is. | 所以事情没你说的那么想当然 |
[43:43] | And it’s also probably not true. | 而且它很可能不是真的 |
[43:45] | Well, the rest might be right– | 其它的部分有可能是真的 |
[43:49] | it’s not, but it had potential– | 它虽然不是真的 但有可能 |
[43:51] | but the last thing was unambiguously wrong. | 但最后一点绝对是错的 |
[43:54] | – What language are you– – I do like you. | -你在说什么 -我确实喜欢你 |
[43:58] | I like you and I’m glad I said it. | 我喜欢你 而且我很高心终于说出来了 |
[44:01] | Even though now I wish I had said it | 虽然我现在希望自己应该在 |
[44:04] | at the end of a 13-hour flight. | 长达13小时的航程结束时再跟你说 |
[44:10] | Yeah, this is gonna be uncomfortable. | 现在情况会有点尴尬 |
[44:12] | I’m gonna switch seats with someone. | 我要跟别人换位子 |
[44:14] | I’ll switch seats. I’ll sit in Snowden’s seat. | 我要换位子了 我去坐在斯诺登的位子上 |
[44:16] | That’s not far enough. | 坐得还不够远 |
[44:17] | It’s gonna be weird if we can see each other. | 如果我们能看见对方 感觉会很奇怪 |
[44:26] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[44:50] | I’m making a motion that the court | 我要提出一个动议 |
[44:52] | vacate its initial contempt finding | 法庭应该取消最初的蔑视罪指控 |
[44:54] | because enough is enough. | 因为要知道适可而止 |
[44:56] | Do I need grounds? Sure. | 我理由充分吗 当然 |
[44:57] | The government now possesses information | 政府已经掌握足够的信息 |
[44:59] | that will help it independently find the source. | 可以自己找到线人 |
[45:01] | But mostly, enough is enough. | 但最主要的原因还是 得适可而止 |
[45:03] | You can’t lock up a man for 52 days | 你不能把人关上52天 |
[45:05] | without him knowing | 却不告诉他 |
[45:05] | when or even if he’s ever getting out. | 他何时甚至有无可能被释放 |
[45:07] | You can’t lock up a reporter | 你不能因为一名记者保护他的线人 |
[45:10] | for protecting his source. | 就把他关起来 |
[45:11] | – You can’t have everything. And you– – Rebecca. | -你不可能事事称心 而且 -丽贝卡 |
[45:13] | I have not yielded the floor. | 我还没说完 |
[45:14] | I won’t be contesting your motion. | 我不会反对你的动议 |
[45:17] | I’m sorry? | 你说什么 |
[45:19] | I won’t be contesting your motion. I’ll be joining us. | 我不会反对你的动议 我会同意的 |
[45:23] | This isn’t supposed to be punitive. It’s supposed to be coercive. | 关押本不是为了惩罚 是为了让他说出线人 |
[45:25] | And plainly he’s not giving up the name. | 而他无论如何也不会说的 |
[45:29] | He’ll sleep at home tonight. | 他今晚会在家睡 |
[45:42] | Follow me. | 跟我来 |
[45:46] | Follow me. | 跟我来 |
[45:50] | Where are we going? | 我们要去哪 |
[45:51] | Exactly where you think we’re going. | 去你想的那个地方 |
[45:54] | I don’t know what– I’m confused. | 我不知道 你把我绕晕了 |
[45:57] | We’re running into turbulence. | 飞机遇到了气流 |
[45:58] | You have to go to your seats and put your seat belts on. | 你们得回到自己的位子上 系好安全带 |
[46:02] | This is awkward. | 好尴尬 |
[46:06] | I’m sorry, would you mind trading back? | 不好意思 你介意换回来吗 |
[46:08] | We’re in the middle of turbulence. | 现在飞机遇到了气流 |
[46:10] | It’s nothing. It’s due to the action | 这没什么 不过是由于 |
[46:11] | of molecular viscosity called laminar flow. | 分子粘度变化而产生的层流 |
[46:16] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[46:18] | – Where did that come from? – Sit down. Put on your seat belt. | -这又是怎么回事 -坐下 系好安全带 |
[46:57] | And we’re joined now by Bree Dorrit, editor of ACN Digital | 现在我们请到了布瑞·多里特 ACN在线的编辑 |
[47:00] | and father of the ACN gage app. | ACN追踪应用的创始人 |
[47:02] | – Thanks for joining us, Bree. – Hi, Sloan. | -谢谢你的到来 布瑞 -你好 斯隆 |
[47:04] | We saw some of it in the package we just played, | 我们刚刚已经在视频里看过了 |
[47:05] | but tell us about ACN gage. | 但是跟我们说说ACN追踪的细节 |
[47:07] | It’s a map that tells you where celebrities | 这是一份地图 告诉你各界名人 |
[47:08] | have been sighted in New York or Los Angeles. | 在纽约或者洛杉矶的哪些地方被人看见了 |
[47:10] | And soon we’ll be expanding to | 很快我们会把地图范围扩大到 |
[47:12] | Vegas and South Beach. | 拉斯维加斯和迈阿密南滩 |
[47:13] | Any time you want, you can scroll around and see, you know, | 你可以在任何时候翻看地图 |
[47:16] | Jude Law was shopping for condoms at Duane Reade on 57th or– | 裘德·洛在57街的药店买避孕套 或者 |
[47:18] | So people are out there | 所以人们在外面 |
[47:19] | and they can post a message to us and say, | 可以发一条信息告诉我们 |
[47:22] | “Kristen Bell and her kid are at the 4:00 PM showing | “克里斯汀·贝尔和她的孩子在穹光电影院 |
[47:24] | of ‘How to Train Your Dragon’ at the ArcLight”? | 观看下午四点场的《驯龙高手》 |
[47:26] | And it goes right on our map instantly. | 接着 这条信息很快就会出现在地图上 |
[47:28] | So that when Kristen Bell and her kid | 然后等克里斯汀·贝尔和她的孩子 |
[47:29] | come out of the movies, | 看完电影出来 |
[47:29] | there are a dozen sociopaths waiting for them? | 外面会有一堆变态等着他们 |
[47:35] | I don’t think that’s likely. | 我觉得这不太可能 |
[47:36] | Why not? | 为什么不可能 |
[47:37] | Well, it’s the price of fame, isn’t it? | 这就是成名的代价 不是吗 |
[47:40] | No, it’s not. It’s a punishment for it. | 不 不是 这是成名的惩罚 |
[47:42] | Celebrities have been stalked and celebrities have been murdered. | 名人被跟踪 甚至被谋杀 |
[47:44] | What this app is best at is assisting in that, right? | 而这款软件无疑在对此推波助澜 对吧 |
[47:47] | I’m sorry you feel that way. | 很抱歉你这么想 |
[47:48] | ACN gage is citizen journalism. | ACN追踪是公民记者行为 |
[47:50] | Can you talk about the vetting process | 那你能说说这个公民记者行为 |
[47:52] | – the citizen journalism undergoes? – The vetting? | -都经过了什么审查 -审查 |
[47:54] | People can post more than locations. | 人们可发表的不只有方位信息而已 |
[47:56] | – They can post observations. – That’s right. | -他们能发表自己的看法 -没错 |
[47:58] | I’m asking if those posts are fact-checked. | 我问的是 发布的这些信息有没有经过核查 |
[48:00] | This is one specific element of the site– | 这是网站的一个特有元素… |
[48:02] | For instance, in a post today | 打个比方 今天的信息里 |
[48:03] | a citizen journalist tells us | 一位公民记者告诉大家 |
[48:05] | that Jimmy Kimmel was visibly intoxicated last night | 吉米·坎摩尔昨晚被人目睹 |
[48:07] | at the Soho House in West Hollywood. | 在西好莱坞的苏活酒吧喝得烂醉如泥 |
[48:09] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[48:10] | Jimmy Kimmel was with his family | 可是昨晚吉米·坎摩尔和家人待在 |
[48:11] | in Cabo San Lucas last night. | 卡波圣卢卡斯[墨西哥城市] |
[48:14] | People don’t read this with the expectation of it being true. | 大家看的时候没指望这消息是真实的 |
[48:17] | – Everyone– – Excuse me? | -每个人都 -不好意思 |
[48:19] | – Everyone– – People don’t have an expectation | -每个人都 -大家都没有对 |
[48:20] | that what they’re reading is true? | 他们读到的材料的真实性抱有期望 |
[48:22] | They read it for the immediacy. | 用这个软件的人要的是即时性 |
[48:24] | But you’re using the word journalism, | 但你用到了记者这个词 |
[48:25] | which means there is an expectation | 这说明有人会期望 |
[48:26] | that what they’re reading is true. | 他们阅读的材料是真实可靠的 |
[48:28] | But let me take it a step further. | 那让我再问一个问题 |
[48:29] | Let’s pretend it was true that Jimmy Kimmel | 假设吉米·坎摩尔确实 |
[48:31] | was intoxicated last night at the Soho House in West Hollywood. | 昨晚在西好莱坞的苏活酒馆喝得烂醉如泥 |
[48:34] | It’s not true, but we don’t care, so let’s pretend | 虽然不是真的 但我们无所谓 |
[48:36] | that it is since that’s what we’re doing anyway. | 反正要装 我们就当它是真的吧 |
[48:37] | Why does that belong on our website? | 这消息为什么应该出现在我们的网站上呢 |
[48:39] | Leave her on as long as she wants. | 让她继续问到满意为止 |
[48:41] | Honestly, I think there’s a shifting definition | 说实话 我觉得现在私人空间 |
[48:43] | of what’s public and private space. | 和公共空间的分界线在改变 |
[48:45] | There is, and we should care about that. | 没错 我们该关心这一点 |
[48:47] | But my question is why should we care | 但我的问题是 我们为什么该关心 |
[48:48] | about a talk show host drinking at a bar? | 一个谈话节目主持人在不在酒吧喝酒 |
[48:51] | Don’t you think it’s great that we’re not putting people | 你不觉得我们不再过度追捧崇拜明星 |
[48:53] | up on a pedestal and worshipping them anymore? | 让他们走下神坛是件好事吗 |
[48:55] | I don’t think celebrities | 我不觉得明星们 |
[48:57] | are one of the bigger problems facing us, | 是我们需要面对的问题之一 |
[48:59] | but aren’t we the ones building the pedestal? | 但我们不正是把他们供上神坛的人吗 |
[49:01] | You’ve got a map that gives us their location. | 我们还建了个标出他们位置的地图呢 |
[49:03] | The idea is that we’re acknowledging that they’re real people. | 重点是 我们在强调他们也是人 |
[49:05] | I wonder how many of us didn’t already know that. | 不知道有多少人不清楚他们也是人 |
[49:07] | But you’re doing more than acknowledging they’re real people. | 但你现在的做法不止在强调他们是人 |
[49:09] | You’re beating them up for it. | 你在惩罚他们 |
[49:11] | Aren’t they protected by | 他们身边有成堆的钱护体 |
[49:12] | the piles of money they’re surrounded by? | 不会有问题的 |
[49:14] | Okay, what’s the line of demarcation? | 分界线在哪里 |
[49:16] | You make over X dollars a year | 如果你每年挣超过X美金 |
[49:18] | and now you get to be treated by us | 我们就可以把你当成一个 |
[49:19] | as a regular person who’s basically had | 脚上绑了电子跟踪仪的 |
[49:21] | an electronic bracelet slapped on their ankle. What does X equal? | 正常人对待 X具体会是多少 |
[49:24] | It would be silly to name an exact dollar amount. | 真要敲定个确切金额也太傻了 |
[49:26] | – You’re paid $55,000 a year. – Well, that’s private. | -你年薪55000 -这是私人信息 |
[49:29] | Sorry. That’s almost twice | 抱歉 这几乎是我国四口之家 |
[49:31] | the national average for a family of four. | 平均年收入的两倍 |
[49:33] | Do your piles of cash protect you from this interview | 你那堆钱能在这场 |
[49:35] | in which I’m intentionally stripping you of your dignity? | 我故意刁难羞辱你的采访中保护你吗 |
[49:38] | And, by the way, I’ve managed to do it without lying once. | 顺便一说 我连一个谎都不用撒 |
[49:41] | So I’m going to give you another chance to answer my question | 所以 在我自己回答之前 |
[49:43] | before I answer it myself. | 我再给你一次的机会 |
[49:45] | What’s the value of an unsourced, | 一则来源不清 真实度不清 |
[49:46] | unvetted story about a grown man drinking at a bar? | 关于一名成年男子在酒吧喝酒的消息到底有何价值 |
[49:56] | I can’t give you all the time in the world. It’s entertainment. | 不好意思 时间到 就是为了娱乐大众 |
[49:58] | My concern isn’t for the celebrities, | 我不担心那些明星们 |
[50:00] | even though as sure as we’re sitting here, | 虽然百分百打保票 |
[50:01] | someone’s gonna get hurt. | 一定有人会受伤害 |
[50:03] | My concern is for the rest of us | 我担心的是我们这些 |
[50:04] | who you’re turning into a wild pack of prideless punks. | 被你试图改造得无自尊无休养的人们 |
[50:09] | That’s “News Night” For June 24. | 这里是6月24日的晚间新闻 |
[50:10] | I’m Sloan Sabbith filling in for Will McAvoy. | 我是临时替补威尔·麦卡沃伊的斯隆·莎碧斯 |
[50:12] | Terry Smith’s up next with the “Capitol Report.” | 接下来请您收看泰利·史密斯主持的国会报告 |
[50:19] | We’re clear. | 结束 |
[50:22] | Pruit’s gonna kill you for this. | 普鲁特会杀了你的 |
[50:24] | I know. | 我知道 |
[50:31] | – Did you put her up to that?! – Let’s go in my office. | -是你让她做的吗 -进我办公室说吧 |
[50:33] | – No! We’ll go where I fucking say we go! – Charlie. | -不 我他妈说去哪就去哪 -查理 |
[50:36] | – Did you put her up to it? – Nobody put me up to anything. | -是你让她做的吗 -没人让我做任何事 |
[50:39] | What did you think you were doing? | 你以为你在干什么 |
[50:41] | You saw the questions she was gonna ask? | 她要问的问题你看过吗 |
[50:42] | Course I saw the questions. | 我当然看过 |
[50:43] | I was doing the interview the only way that made sense to me. | 我用我觉得唯一合理的方法进行了采访 |
[50:44] | You were openly insubordinate! | 你这是公开违反上级指令 |
[50:46] | I was told to do this interview. | 是你让我做这场采访的 |
[50:48] | You knew what I was looking for! | 你知道我想要的采访是怎样的 |
[50:49] | I did and I didn’t like it, but I did it anyway. | 我知道 我不喜欢 但我还是安排了采访 |
[50:51] | That was my interview. | 那是我的采访 |
[50:52] | I tried to do the best I could, but I didn’t… | 我已经尽力了 但我不觉得 |
[50:54] | I’m tired of this. | 我受够了 |
[50:55] | Did you get the Princeton kid? | 普林斯顿大学的那个人你约到了吗 |
[50:58] | Charlie, let’s go into my office and sit down for a minute. | 查理 来我办公室坐下说吧 |
[51:00] | Did you get the Princeton kid? | 普林斯顿大学的那个孩子你约到了吗 |
[51:04] | – No. – Why not? | -没有 -为什么 |
[51:08] | Couldn’t find her. | 我找不到她 |
[51:11] | You couldn’t… | 你找不到… |
[51:14] | No. | 对 |
[51:15] | – You couldn’t find her?! – No. | -你找不到她 -对 |
[51:18] | Is this a mutiny?! | 你们这是要造反吗 |
[51:19] | It’s an intervention. | 我们是在想办法干预 |
[51:21] | I’m trying to keep this together! | 我不想我们分离崩析 |
[51:23] | Her and her, tell them to pack their shit and get out of here. | 她和她 让她们打包滚 |
[51:26] | – I apologize for the interview. – I don’t. | -我为那场采访道歉 -我不 |
[51:28] | – Pack up your shit and get out of here, lady. – Look | -女士 打包现在就滚 -听着 |
[51:30] | She tore apart our network, | 她把我们台贬得四分五裂 |
[51:32] | except it isn’t ours, it’s mine. | 但这不是我们台 是我的 |
[51:33] | So either Thelma and Louise | 所以要么五分钟之内 |
[51:34] | vacate the premises in the next five minutes | 这俩姐妹花滚蛋 |
[51:36] | or I will fire the motherfucking lot of you right now. | 要么我就他妈炒了你们所有人 |
[51:39] | No, you won’t. Cause you can’t. | 你不会的 因为你没这权利 |
[51:42] | Only I can. A parting gift from Mrs. Lansing. | 只有我有这个权利 这是兰辛女士的离别礼物 |
[51:46] | Who on her worst day would never– | 她在最低迷的时候也不会… |
[51:53] | We need to talk. | 我们得谈谈 |
[51:54] | You and me, right now, okay? | 就我俩 就现在 好吗 |
[51:58] | Upstairs. | 上楼说 |
[52:00] | Nobody leaves the premises until we figure out | 我们商量好如何解决这场灾难前 |
[52:02] | how to fix this fucking calamity. | 谁他妈也别走 |
[52:07] | I’ll be back in a minute. | 我很快回来 |
[52:11] | – Let’s meet in my office. – I’m there. | -我们办公室说 -好 |
[54:19] | It’s okay. It’s over. | 没事了 结束了 |
[54:28] | Charlie had a heart attack a few hours ago. | 几小时前 查理犯了急性心肌梗塞 |
[54:34] | He died. | 他去世了 |