时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:15] | Lastly, to everyone who cast a vote for my opponent, | 最后 我想对向所有投给我竞争对手的同学们说 |
[00:17] | we may have our differences, but from day one, | 也许我们各自存在分歧 但从今天开始 |
[00:19] | I pledge to be president of every student at this school | 我承诺将成为这所学校所有学生的主席 |
[00:22] | and I will make sure that your voices are heard too. | 我将保证你们的声音也会被聆听 |
[00:24] | Certainly doesn’t sound like a concession speech. | 听起来可不像败选演说啊 |
[00:28] | It isn’t. | 它不是 |
[00:29] | And I… I didn’t bother preparing one. | 我也不打算准备败选演说 |
[00:32] | You see, our internal polls | 我们的内部民调 |
[00:34] | showed a higher-than-expected rate of voter turnout. | 表明投票人数将比预期更多 |
[00:36] | We needed like 55 percent, it’s hovering around 57. | 我们本来只需要55%的学生 现在大概有57% |
[00:38] | So, that shortens the tails on our model, | 因此这缩短了我们模型的末尾部分 |
[00:40] | which as of ten minutes ago, | 意味着在十分钟前 |
[00:41] | had us at a 71 percent chance of victory. | 我们已有71%的概率获胜 |
[00:46] | Listen, the vote is gonna close in an hour, | 听着 投票一小时后即将终止 |
[00:48] | and I know that this campaign has been hard on you, okay? | 我知道这次竞选对你来说很艰难 好吗 |
[00:51] | You’ve been through a lot with the whole River thing, | 这段时间里弗的事情让你经受了很多痛苦 |
[00:53] | and… Sorry. | 还有… 不好意思 |
[00:55] | Seems like the congratulations are already pouring in. | 看来祝贺短信已经涌进来了 |
[00:58] | I just… | 我只是… |
[00:59] | I wanted to say for the record I am sorry that this race… | 我想正式说明 我很抱歉这场竞选… |
[01:02] | got so nasty. | 变得如此不堪 |
[01:04] | Thanks, Payton. Really appreciate it. | 谢谢 佩顿 真的很感激 |
[01:07] | But those texts you’re getting aren’t congratulations. | 但你现在收到的那些不是祝贺短信 |
[01:10] | I imagine they’re from your team who are probably freaking out. | 我想是你团队发来的 他们大概已经抓狂了 |
[01:12] | You’re president, Payton. | 你成为主席了 佩顿 |
[01:14] | Well, not yet. | 还没有 |
[01:16] | The polls don’t close for an hour. | 投票一小时后才终止 |
[01:17] | And the votes haven’t been counted. | 而且还没唱票 |
[01:19] | And they’re not gonna be. | 不会唱票了 |
[01:20] | They’re being dumped outside as we speak. | 此时此刻选票正被扔掉 |
[01:22] | See, a few minutes ago, I sent around a school-wide email | 几分钟前 我向全校发送了一封邮件 |
[01:25] | announcing my withdrawal from the race. | 宣布我退出这场竞选 |
[01:27] | So, Principal Vaughn agreed | 所以 沃恩校长同意 |
[01:28] | that counting the votes would be pointless. | 唱票已经没有任何意义了 |
[01:31] | Why… Why would you do that? | 为什么 为什么你要这么做 |
[01:33] | Because your model was right. Ours said the same. | 因为你的模型是对的 我们也得出了同样的结果 |
[01:36] | Voter turnout was up. | 实际投票人数更多 |
[01:37] | Late deciders were breaking for you, | 最后做决定的人更倾向于你 |
[01:39] | so instead of just lose, | 所以为了不只是简单地输掉 |
[01:40] | I thought I would drag you down with me | 我想我要把你一起拖垮 |
[01:42] | and make sure you couldn’t win. | 确保你无法赢得胜利 |
[01:44] | I mean, you’re president, so you have won something. | 你成为了主席 当然你赢了些东西 |
[01:47] | An office with no meaning, which no one can respect. | 一个没有意义 没人尊重的职务 |
[01:53] | Screw you very much, Payton. | 去你的 佩顿 |
[01:57] | Hell of a campaign. | 真了不起的竞选啊 |
[02:11] | What? | 什么 |
[02:17] | Why don’t you answer your phone? | 你为什么不接电话 |
[02:19] | – What can we do? – Nothing. | -我们能做什么 -什么也做不了 |
[02:19] | They’ve closed polls and thrown out ballots. | 他们终止了投票 把选票都扔了 |
[02:21] | We can kiss any mandate goodbye. | 我们可以别幻想任命仪式了 |
[02:22] | That’s what we can do. | 只能这么做 |
[02:23] | Well, we can… Um, we can file an appeal. | 我们可以… 我们可以提出申诉 |
[02:25] | Appeal what? Your victory? | 申诉什么 你的胜利 |
[02:27] | Pyrrhic victory is the term, | 惨烈的胜利就是指 |
[02:28] | one that is tantamount to defeat | 即使获胜也和战败等同 |
[02:29] | because it is devoid of any value or meaning. | 因为这种胜利没有任何价值和意义 |
[02:33] | Shit! | 见鬼 |
[04:08] | You’re pathetic. | 你真可悲 |
[04:09] | Infinity. What are you doing here? | 英菲尼蒂 你在这里做什么 |
[04:12] | I’m on to you, creep. | 我盯上你了 变态 |
[04:13] | Look, I’m not a professional clown, I just like helping kids. | 我不是职业小丑 我只是喜欢帮助孩子 |
[04:15] | Shut up, Ray! | 闭嘴 雷 |
[04:17] | I know… everything. | 我知道一切 |
[04:20] | And I have enough evidence to put you away forever. | 而且我有足够的证据能让你永远坐牢 |
[04:22] | So unless you want to spend the rest of your life in prison, | 除非你想下半辈子在监狱里度过 |
[04:26] | you’re gonna have to do what I want. | 你得按我的要求做 |
[04:28] | And I have two demands. | 我有两个要求 |
[04:31] | All those in favor? | 支持者请举手 |
[04:34] | The motion passes. | 动议通过 |
[04:35] | Next item I would like to introduce, | 我想介绍的下一个事项 |
[04:37] | St. Sebastian’s new student body president and vice president, | 是圣塞巴斯蒂安的新学生会主席和副主席 |
[04:41] | Payton Hobart and Skye Leighton. | 佩顿·霍巴特和斯凯·雷顿 |
[04:43] | Congratulations on your victory. | 祝贺你们获得胜利 |
[04:49] | Oh, thank you, Principal Vaughn. | 谢谢你 沃恩校长 |
[04:51] | Members of the board, I am… | 委员会成员们 我… |
[04:54] | I’m humbled to stand before you today. | 今天站在各位面前 我不胜荣幸 |
[04:58] | Drinking straws have been around | 从公元前三千年起 |
[05:00] | since the third millennium BCE, | 饮用吸管已开始被使用 |
[05:02] | since the ancient Sumerians used straws made of gold. | 当时古苏美尔人使用黄金制成的吸管 |
[05:04] | Ryegrass eventually became used and then paper. | 后来演变成黑麦草 然后是纸制成的吸管 |
[05:06] | And in 1955, single-use straws made of plastic | 1955年 塑料制成的一次性吸管 |
[05:10] | became the norm. | 被广泛使用 |
[05:11] | Now over 500 million straws are used and thrown away | 目前 每一天有超过五亿支吸管 |
[05:15] | each and every day. | 被使用和丢弃 |
[05:15] | That’s enough straws to | 这些吸管足够 |
[05:16] | wrap around our Earth two and a half times. | 环绕地球两圈半 |
[05:19] | It’s an ecological disaster | 这是一场生态灾害 |
[05:21] | and a moral catastrophe. | 和道德灾难 |
[05:22] | Board members, I come before you here to propose | 委员会成员们 我此次前来是想提议 |
[05:24] | that St. Sebastian ban the use of all single-use plastic straws. | 圣塞巴斯蒂安禁止使用任何一次性塑料吸管 |
[05:27] | For the cost of just one penny per straw, | 只需要每支吸管多花费一美分 |
[05:30] | we can join the city of Malibu | 我们就能加入马里布市 |
[05:32] | and McDonald’s UK, | 和英国地区的麦当劳 |
[05:35] | and become part of the solution | 成为解决这场 |
[05:36] | to this looming environmental catastrophe. | 迫在眉睫的环境灾难的一分子 |
[05:40] | A penny per straw. | 每支吸管一美分 |
[05:41] | The school goes through thousands of straws every day. | 学校每天要使用成千上万支吸管 |
[05:44] | That’s a lot of money. | 这是一大笔钱 |
[05:45] | Where do you propose the money comes from? | 你打算从哪里弄来这笔钱呢 |
[05:47] | – Well… – Mr. Hobart, | -这个… -霍巴特先生 |
[05:49] | you should know that straws | 你应该知道吸管 |
[05:50] | are part of an omnibus cafeteria supplies contract | 是我们和卡利餐饮公司 |
[05:52] | we have with Cali Food Service, | 综合餐厅供货合同的一部分 |
[05:54] | so we’ll be getting plastic straws | 所以不论如何 直到2025年 |
[05:56] | through the year 2025 anyway. | 我们都会收到塑料吸管 |
[05:58] | That’s tens of thousands of straws. | 那是数十万支吸管 |
[06:01] | What do we do with them? Throw them away? | 我们要拿它们怎么办 把它们扔掉吗 |
[06:03] | Also, this just came to my mind, | 并且 我刚刚想到这一点 |
[06:06] | a lot of kids like chewing on plastic straws. | 很多孩子喜欢嚼塑料吸管 |
[06:09] | I sometimes do. | 我有时候就会 |
[06:10] | Sort of an oral fixation thing. | 算是一种口欲滞留 |
[06:12] | And I wonder, if we get rid of those straws, | 我想知道 如果我们不再用那些吸管 |
[06:14] | are these kids gonna be more likely to, say, | 这些孩子会不会更有可能 |
[06:16] | smoke cigarettes or vape? Do you have any data on that? | 吸香烟或电子烟呢 你在这方面有数据吗 |
[06:20] | Smoke, um, that’s definitely something we can look into. | 吸烟 这个问题我们当然可以进行调查 |
[06:23] | Before the board take the vote on this… | 在委员会对此投票前… |
[06:25] | So, we’re taking a straw poll? | 所以我们要做吸管投票[民意测验]吗 |
[06:29] | All those in favor? | 支持者请举手 |
[06:32] | Motion is denied. | 动议被否决 |
[06:33] | Thank you, Payton. | 谢谢你 佩顿 |
[06:35] | And congratulations again. | 再次表示祝贺 |
[06:39] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[06:45] | The next item is the motion | 下一项讨论的动议是… |
[06:47] | to change compact fluorescent light bulbs | 是把公共区域里的紧凑型荧光灯泡 |
[06:49] | in common areas from soft white to cool white. | 从暖白色换成冷白色 |
[06:58] | Infinity? | 英菲尼蒂 |
[07:03] | Answer me! I know you’re in there! | 开门 我知道你在里面 |
[07:07] | How’d you find me here? | 你是怎么找到我的 |
[07:08] | Ray, he told me. | 雷 他告诉我的 |
[07:10] | Come on. Let me come in. | 开门 让我进去 |
[07:11] | I can’t talk to you through a crack in the door. | 我没办法通过这么一条门缝和对讲话 |
[07:13] | Tough titties, Nana. | 忍着点吧 姥姥 |
[07:16] | Infinity! | 英菲尼蒂 |
[07:18] | Oh, please, honey! Please! | 求你了 亲爱的 |
[07:22] | It’ll just take a minute, I promise, then I’ll leave. | 一分钟就好 我保证 然后我就走 |
[07:33] | Well, how are you affording this? | 你哪来的钱付这个 |
[07:35] | You should ask Ray that. | 你应该去问雷 |
[07:36] | He’s the one paying for it. | 是他掏的钱 |
[07:38] | It’s a place of my own until I graduate. | 一直到毕业 这都是我的窝 |
[07:40] | And all the pistachio and framboise macarons that I want. | 还有开心果树莓马卡龙 我想吃多少就吃多少 |
[07:45] | That’s my price for not sending him to prison. | 这是他不用坐牢的条件 |
[07:48] | Stupid idiot. | 大傻瓜 |
[07:50] | Oh, honey, you can’t just eat macarons. | 亲爱的 你不能只吃马卡龙 |
[07:53] | You’re gonna end up with diabetes. | 你会得糖尿病的 |
[07:55] | But that’s… Nana, that’s on you. | 可那是…姥姥 那是你的错 |
[07:57] | I’d never even tried a macaron | 要不是你让我们去了迪士尼 |
[07:59] | until you got us into Club 33 at Disneyland. | 33号俱乐部 我都没机会吃马卡龙呢 |
[08:02] | Guess what? From now on, I only want fancy things in my life. | 知道吗 从现在开始 我只要最好的东西 |
[08:06] | I just can’t believe what I’m hearing. | 我都不敢相信我听到的这些 |
[08:08] | – No? – I mean, I don’t even recognize you. | -是吗 -我都认不出你来了 |
[08:12] | Good! | 太好了 |
[08:14] | You can’t smoke in here. | 你不能在这里抽烟 |
[08:15] | Of course I can smoke in here. | 我当然可以抽 |
[08:17] | You can’t smoke in here. | 你不能在这里抽烟 |
[08:29] | Nana? | 姥姥 |
[08:31] | How did my mom die? | 我妈妈怎么死的 |
[08:34] | Well, now, why… | 为什么… |
[08:36] | why would you ask me something that you already know? | 你为什么要明知故问呢 |
[08:40] | She died of kidney failure. | 她死于肾衰竭 |
[08:42] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[08:44] | But what caused the kidney failure? | 但是什么引发了肾衰竭 |
[08:47] | I mean, if we had known that, maybe, | 如果我们知道的话 也许 |
[08:49] | you know, maybe… we could’ve helped her. | 也许… 我们就能救活她了 |
[08:52] | So, look, all her blood tests | 她所有的验血结果 |
[08:54] | say that she had lead poisoning, | 都显示她铅中毒 |
[08:56] | but was never treated for it. | 但从没有得到治疗 |
[08:58] | Maybe that’s because Ray… | 也许因为雷… |
[09:01] | was the technician who never told the doctors. | 就是没有把结果告知医生的那个医师吧 |
[09:04] | Is that how you and Ray met? | 你和雷就是这么认识的吧 |
[09:06] | Now you just hold on… | 你先等等… |
[09:07] | There’s lead paint in our basement. | 我们地下室的漆就是含铅的 |
[09:08] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[09:10] | That’s why I never, | 所以我从来 |
[09:12] | never, never, never | 从来 从来 从来 |
[09:15] | let you or your mother go down there. | 都不让你或者你妈妈到下面去 |
[09:18] | Because it wasn’t safe. | 因为那里不安全 |
[09:20] | But you did. | 可你下去啊 |
[09:24] | You went down into the basement all the time. | 你老是去地下室 |
[09:27] | What are you saying? That… That I went down into the basement | 你是说 我… 我跑到地下室 |
[09:30] | and peeled paint chips off the wall and fed them to your mother? | 把墙上的漆扣下来给你妈妈吃了 |
[09:33] | Yeah. That’s exactly what I think. | 没错 我觉得就是这样 |
[09:36] | That is insane. | 太疯狂了 |
[09:37] | You’ve been poisoning me! That’s insane! | 你一直在给我下毒 那才是疯狂呢 |
[09:41] | Nana, it makes sense! | 姥姥 这说得通 |
[09:43] | I mean, you learned how to do it on her, right? | 你看 你在她身上学会了这招 对不对 |
[09:44] | That kept her around? | 好把她留在你身边 |
[09:46] | No, don’t drink so much juice… | 不 别喝太多果汁… |
[09:47] | You’re not the boss of me! | 你管不了我 |
[09:49] | And you realized all the attention you were getting, right? | 你发现了因此你得到的所有的关注 对不对 |
[09:52] | This is an outrageous and evil lie. | 这是个骇人又恶毒的谎言 |
[09:55] | I have made copies, Nana, of all of these papers! | 姥姥 所有这些我都复印了 |
[10:00] | And they are sitting in a post office box | 它们都存在一个邮局的信箱里 |
[10:01] | that I told Ricardo to open if anything happens to me. | 我告诉里卡多 如果我出了事就把信箱打开 |
[10:06] | So you know what I want? | 你知道我想要什么吗 |
[10:07] | I want an all-expenses paid senior trip to Paris, Nana. | 我想要一个去巴黎的费用全包毕业旅行 姥姥 |
[10:13] | Unlimited funds. | 没有费用限制 |
[10:15] | I wanna do Paris right. | 我想好好享受巴黎 |
[10:17] | Freedom is what I need right now. | 现在我要的是自由 |
[10:19] | I wanna go to the restaurant in Ratatouille, | 我想去《美食总动员》的那家餐厅 |
[10:21] | the one where the rat cooks. | 就是老鼠当主厨的那个 |
[10:22] | That’s an animated film, Infinity. | 那是动画片 英菲尼蒂 |
[10:26] | Rats don’t actually work there. | 老鼠不可能在那工作 |
[10:29] | If you can pull that off, | 如果你能办到的话 |
[10:31] | I might… | 我也许… |
[10:34] | might consider coming to your funeral. | 也许会考虑参加你的葬礼 |
[10:39] | Now get the hell | 现在你给我 |
[10:41] | out of my apartment | 赶紧滚出去 |
[10:42] | before I call the cops. | 不然我就报警了 |
[10:57] | I’m not sure I should drink that. | 我可不太确定我该喝那个 |
[10:59] | I’m only 18. | 我只有18岁 |
[11:00] | Oh, come on. | 行了 |
[11:02] | I am sure that you have done more illegal things | 我肯定你做过比喝红酒 |
[11:06] | than take a few sips of red wine. | 更违法的事情 |
[11:08] | Okay, look, the things that Infinity and I maybe have done, | 听着 我和英菲尼蒂可能做过的事 |
[11:14] | those are consensual. | 都是两厢情愿 |
[11:15] | Well, I think you are a great influence on Infinity. | 我觉得你对英菲尼蒂有很大的影响 |
[11:20] | I hope you two get married | 我希望你们俩能结婚 |
[11:24] | and have babies. | 生子 |
[11:26] | I think it would be so wonderful | 我觉得如果你能成为 |
[11:28] | to have you as part of our family. | 我们家庭的一员就太好了 |
[11:32] | That… That’s great! | 那… 那太好了 |
[11:34] | I didn’t know that. I mean, me too! | 我没想到你这么想 我也是这么想的 |
[11:37] | I just wish Infinity felt that way, | 我只是希望英菲尼蒂也这么想 |
[11:39] | ’cause she stopped speaking to me. | 因为她不理我了 |
[11:42] | Well, now, Infinity is going through some growing pains | 英菲尼蒂正在经历些成长的烦恼 |
[11:46] | and I understand that. | 我很理解 |
[11:47] | But… | 但… |
[11:50] | She has some ideas in her head. | 她脑子里有些想法 |
[11:54] | They’re crazy. | 疯狂的想法 |
[11:55] | And I have to think, where would she be getting these ideas? | 我只能想 这些想法是从哪来的呢 |
[11:59] | Who would be poisoning that little girl | 谁会给那小姑娘灌输 |
[12:04] | against me? | 针对我的恶毒想法呢 |
[12:06] | Against the both of us? | 针对我们两人 |
[12:08] | Payton. | 佩顿 |
[12:10] | That’s right. Payton. | 没错 佩顿 |
[12:12] | If it weren’t for him, | 如果不是因为他 |
[12:15] | she’d be sittin’ here | 此时此刻 |
[12:17] | right now at this table with us, her family, | 她会和我们 和家人坐在桌边 |
[12:21] | listenin’ to Shirley Bassey and watchin’ me drink. | 听着雪莉·贝西的歌 看着我喝酒 |
[12:30] | So what? | 那要怎么办 |
[12:32] | You think I should kill him? | 你觉得我该杀了他吗 |
[12:35] | What? | 什么 |
[12:39] | Yes. Yes, I do. | 对 没错 |
[12:41] | I’m gonna have to think about that. | 我得要想想 |
[12:43] | Oh, well you should. | 这是当然 |
[12:45] | You should think about that long and hard. | 你可要好好想清楚了 |
[12:49] | He took her away from us, | 他从我们身边夺走了她 |
[12:50] | and she will come back… | 只要他滚蛋 |
[12:52] | if he is out of the picture. | 她就会回来 |
[12:55] | I don’t like him. | 我讨厌他 |
[12:57] | Now, I think the key here is… | 现在的关键是 |
[13:01] | to find a way to do it | 要怎么做 |
[13:03] | so that the suspicion doesn’t swing back on us. | 我们才能不被怀疑 |
[13:08] | What? | 怎么了 |
[13:09] | I just don’t understand why you would do all that stuff to her. | 我只是不理解你为什么对她做出那样的事 |
[13:16] | What stuff? | 哪样的事 |
[13:19] | Makin’ her sick? You see? | 让她得病 你瞧 |
[13:22] | That is why that Payton is so insidious. | 这就是佩顿的狡猾之处 |
[13:26] | Because he makes some outlandish claim | 他那些稀奇古怪的论调 |
[13:29] | that is based on no facts, | 毫无根据 |
[13:32] | and simply because it is so outrageous, | 只因为他说的事情令人震惊 |
[13:35] | it sticks in your mind and you think, | 在你脑中挥之不去 你就开始怀疑 |
[13:38] | “Could that be true?” | “会不会是真的” |
[13:50] | Let’s say… | 这么说吧 |
[13:52] | I did do it. | 我确实这么干了 |
[13:54] | What if I made her sick? | 如果真的是我害她生病的怎么办 |
[13:55] | I mean, I’m not saying I did, but what if? | 我并没有承认是我 只是假设 |
[14:00] | Wasn’t she happier? | 她难道不是更幸福吗 |
[14:03] | She’s all alone, livin’ in a motel for God’s sake. | 她现在一个人住在破旧的小旅馆里 |
[14:08] | You know, people say to me, “Dusty, you are a saint.” | 人们跟我说 “德斯逖 你是个圣人” |
[14:14] | But… | 但 |
[14:16] | I’m no saint. | 我不是圣人 |
[14:19] | I’m just a little old country girl. | 我只是个乡村老姑娘而已 |
[14:28] | Hey, do you know what my first job was | 你知道我刚到加州时 |
[14:32] | when I came out here to California? | 第一份工作是什么吗 |
[14:34] | I was modeling… | 我当了模特 |
[14:37] | for those, uh, Santa Barbara car shows. | 给圣巴巴拉各种汽车展做模特 |
[14:40] | Well, I had no trouble attracting the attention of men. | 我很轻易就能引起男人的注意 |
[14:44] | In fact, I… | 事实上 我 |
[14:46] | I attracted a little too much attention. | 我有点过分受关注了 |
[14:48] | And then Richard gets me pregnant, | 我怀了理查德的孩子 |
[14:50] | and the day I tell him is the last day | 我告诉他的那一天 |
[14:55] | I ever see him. | 他就弃我而去了 |
[14:56] | And then suddenly, there I am all alone | 突然间 我孤身一人 |
[14:59] | with this beautiful little baby in my arms. | 和我那可爱的孩子 |
[15:02] | Oh, my God. | 天哪 |
[15:04] | I wish you could’ve seen her. | 真希望你能看看她 |
[15:06] | Infinity’s mama was… | 英菲尼蒂的母亲简直 |
[15:10] | She was so beautiful! | 漂亮极了 |
[15:13] | She was just… like a little doll baby. | 就像是一个洋娃娃一般 |
[15:17] | And I thought, “Well, at least she’ll never leave me.” | 我想 “至少她永远都不会离开我” |
[15:23] | And then, lo and behold, she turns 17, | 很快她17岁了 |
[15:27] | and I can’t do anything right. | 而我什么事也做不好 |
[15:29] | But then, she gets knocked up. | 但后来 她怀孕了 |
[15:33] | She doesn’t want to be under this roof, | 她不想继续待在这里 |
[15:35] | but she’s got nowhere to go. | 却无处可去 |
[15:37] | She can’t raise that baby on her own. | 她无法一人抚养孩子 |
[15:45] | And that’s when… | 就是在那时 |
[15:47] | I made some mistakes. | 我犯了错 |
[15:52] | I just couldn’t let her ruin her life and Infinity’s by leaving. | 我不能眼睁睁地看她毁掉她们母女的一生 |
[16:00] | She needed a reason to stay. | 她需要一个留下来的理由 |
[16:05] | And I gave it to her. | 我便给了她 |
[16:12] | And after she got sick, | 她病了以后 |
[16:15] | we were so close again. | 我们又变得亲密如初 |
[16:19] | All the yellin’ and fightin’, that was over. | 争执和吵闹都结束了 |
[16:23] | We were a family again. | 我们又是一家了 |
[16:27] | And her death… | 至于她的死 |
[16:30] | her death was tragic. | 是个悲剧 |
[16:32] | There’s no way around that. I mean, I was devastated. | 已经无力回天 我简直悲痛欲绝 |
[16:36] | But then, I had this little girl again. | 但我又有了这个小女孩 |
[16:40] | It was like I’d stepped through some kind of time warp. | 仿佛我走进了时空隧道 |
[16:43] | Only this time, I could change the ending of that story. | 但这一次 我可以改变故事结局 |
[16:47] | I didn’t have to watch someone I love walk out the door. | 我不必看着所爱之人离我而去 |
[16:53] | If… | 假如 |
[16:55] | I’m saying if I’d done that. | 我说假如我真的这么做了 |
[17:01] | Besides, we just got so much free stuff. | 再说 我们还免费拥有了那么多东西 |
[17:14] | So… | 所以 |
[17:17] | I guess we know what needs to happen here, don’t we, Ricardo? | 我们知道该做什么了吧 里卡多 |
[17:33] | But it’s not coming out that well. | 但结果不是很顺利 |
[17:38] | We used to do like a X, like a crosshatch | 我们一般会画个叉 交叉斜线那样 |
[17:41] | so that it will… | 这样它就会 |
[17:43] | expose it. You okay? | 暴露出来 你还好吗 |
[17:46] | So good. | 很棒 |
[17:49] | Oh, my God. What is that? | 天哪 这是什么 |
[17:51] | It’s Dr. Pimple Popper. | 《挤痘大师》 |
[17:53] | You mean, there’s a TV show about a lady who just pops pimples? | 有一个专门挤痘痘的节目吗 |
[17:58] | How did I miss this? | 我怎么从来没听说过 |
[18:00] | This is brilliant. | 简直太厉害了 |
[18:00] | 油管频道 挤痘大师 又名珊卓拉·李 | |
[18:02] | I just like that it has a really clear narrative. | 我喜欢它清晰有条理的叙述 |
[18:04] | You know, bad things are excised. | 处理掉脏东西 |
[18:07] | Happy ending every time. | 每次都是美好的结局 |
[18:13] | I think I’m falling into a clinical depression. | 我好像患了临床抑郁症 |
[18:15] | I know, sweetheart. | 我明白 亲爱的 |
[18:17] | It’s because you don’t take any time to enjoy yourself. | 因为你不花时间让自己快乐 |
[18:21] | That’s not who I am. | 我本来就不是这样的人 |
[18:22] | I’m not about enjoyment. | 我不在乎快乐 |
[18:25] | I’m about winning. | 我在乎赢 |
[18:27] | I’m about making the world a better place, | 我要让世界更美好 |
[18:28] | and Astrid just took that from me. | 而阿斯特丽德夺走了我的一切 |
[18:30] | I have no mandate, so I have no life. | 没有得到任命 我就失去了生活 |
[18:33] | I have no… | 我没有 |
[18:34] | ground to launch from. | 开始发展的起点 |
[18:37] | Those can’t be the only things you enjoy. | 你不可能只喜欢这些事 |
[18:39] | You know, I do remember feeling something | 在里弗的追悼会上 |
[18:41] | when I sang for River at his memorial. | 我有过真实的感觉 |
[18:45] | Not happiness per se, but… | 并非快乐 而是 |
[18:49] | just a connection to something | 一种共鸣 |
[18:51] | outside the blur of my own ambition and… | 除了野心和梦想受挫以外的 |
[18:54] | thwarted dreams. | 共鸣 |
[18:55] | Darling, | 亲爱的 |
[18:56] | you won the election. | 你赢得了选举 |
[18:59] | You did it. | 你成功了 |
[19:00] | Who cares if you can’t get healthy snacks into the cafeteria | 谁在乎你能不能让健康零食进入食堂 |
[19:03] | or an emotional support pig in the classroom? | 或者在教室放一头情感寄托猪 |
[19:06] | This is your senior year. | 这是你在高中的最后一年 |
[19:08] | You should be enjoying yourself. | 你应该享受生活 |
[19:10] | Eat some pizza. | 吃吃批萨 |
[19:12] | Hang out with friends. Experiment. | 和朋友出去转转 多多尝试 |
[19:15] | – I don’t know how to do that. – Would you like some advice? | -我不知道该怎么做 -要听我的建议吗 |
[19:19] | Find some way to bring music into your life. | 想办法让音乐进入你的生活 |
[19:30] | – You okay? – Yeah. | -你还好吗 -嗯 |
[19:31] | – Oh, my. – Really? | -天哪 -真的吗 |
[19:32] | – That’s big. – I’m not hurting you? | -这颗真大 -没弄疼你吧 |
[19:36] | Hello again, everyone. | 又见面了 各位 |
[19:38] | St. Sebastian is home to 57 drinking fountains. | 圣塞巴斯蒂安里有57台自动饮水器 |
[19:41] | Now almost two dozen are rarely used, | 有二十几台鲜少有人使用 |
[19:43] | and nine, | 其中九台 |
[19:45] | this may come as a shock to you, | 说出来也许难以置信 |
[19:46] | in a week of monitoring, were not used at all. | 一周的监测显示 根本无人使用 |
[19:49] | This is a waste of energy, | 这是浪费资源 |
[19:50] | and it is taxpayer dollars literally going down the drain. | 纳税人的钱真的是付诸东流 |
[19:57] | ‘Cause… | 因为 |
[20:00] | so I’m here to propose a plan | 所以我发起了一个提案 |
[20:01] | that would remove 15 of the lowest-performing drinking fountains, | 移除15台低使用率的自动饮水器 |
[20:05] | and use the revenue saved to replace the remainder | 省下来的经费把其余的饮水器 |
[20:08] | with state-of-the-art eco-conscious fountains. | 换成最先进的环保饮水器 |
[20:12] | Motion denied. Thank you, Payton. | 动议被否决 谢谢 佩顿 |
[20:14] | We’re gonna take a short recess and reconvene in five minutes. | 我们稍事休息一下 五分钟后再议 |
[20:24] | This is a disaster. | 真是糟透了 |
[20:27] | Yeah. They don’t seem at all interested in water-use policy. | 是啊 他们似乎对节水政策毫无兴趣 |
[20:29] | No, I mean Payton. | 不 我是说佩顿 |
[20:31] | He’s the disaster. He has no agenda. | 他糟透了 没有任何目标 |
[20:35] | We need him out of the way so we can do something. | 如果我们要成事就得甩掉他 |
[20:37] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[20:37] | Why are we talking straws and water fountains? | 我们提吸管和饮水器干什么 |
[20:40] | We should be up there asking why girls’ participation in sports | 我们该上前质问为什么在学校参与运动的 |
[20:42] | is half of what it is among boys. | 女生只有男生的一半 |
[20:44] | It’s like a Title IX issue right there. | 这可是反性别歧视法案级别的问题 |
[20:49] | “You should be president, Skye.” | “主席该由你来当 斯凯” |
[20:50] | That’s what you’re thinking. | 你是这么想的吧 |
[20:51] | – I didn’t say that. – You didn’t have to. | -我可没说 -猜都能猜到 |
[20:55] | We need to get rid of him, McAfee. | 我们需要甩掉他 迈克菲 |
[21:04] | Why are you doing this to me? | 你为什么要这样对我 |
[21:05] | I’m giving you sensible, common sense proposals. | 我提出了明智且情理之中的提案 |
[21:08] | You’re giving me useless, expensive proposals | 你的提案毫无用处且昂贵 |
[21:10] | that will cost me my job. | 会害我丢掉工作 |
[21:12] | If you’re not willing to take risks, | 你要是连风险都不愿承担 |
[21:13] | maybe you don’t deserve your job. | 那也许根本就不配做这份工作 |
[21:15] | You didn’t win the election, Payton. | 你没有赢得竞选 佩顿 |
[21:17] | Yeah, I know. Astrid dropped out before I could. | 我知道 阿斯特丽德先我一步退出了 |
[21:19] | We counted the ballots, | 我们计算出了选票结果 |
[21:20] | and Astrid won the election by two votes. | 阿斯特丽德以两票领先赢得了竞选 |
[21:23] | What? | 什么 |
[21:23] | You don’t speak for the students at St. Sebastian. | 你并不能代表圣塞巴斯蒂安的学生 |
[21:26] | They heard your message, but they picked somebody else. | 他们听到了你所传达的信息 却选择了别人 |
[21:28] | You don’t have a mandate. | 你并没有被任命 |
[21:30] | You’re not Barack Obama. | 你不是巴拉克·奥巴马 |
[21:31] | You’re Gerald Ford. | 你是杰拉尔德·福特 |
[21:34] | Enjoy your senior year. | 享受你的毕业季吧 |
[21:44] | Hi, it’s Payton. | 我是佩顿 |
[21:52] | What do you want? | 你想干嘛 |
[21:55] | I was wondering, | 我在想 |
[21:58] | Can I buy you dinner? | 可以请你吃晚饭吗 |
[22:02] | That was good. | 真好吃 |
[22:04] | You look great. | 你气色不错 |
[22:06] | You… | 你 |
[22:07] | definitely got your appetite back. | 胃口一定是恢复了吧 |
[22:11] | Well, food… | 食物 |
[22:13] | Food finally tastes normal again. | 食物的味道终于正常起来了 |
[22:15] | Chemo made everything taste spicy. | 化疗过后吃什么都觉得辣 |
[22:17] | Like, if there was one speck of pepper… | 要是吃到一丁点辣椒… |
[22:20] | my whole mouth would burn like it was on fire. | 我的嘴巴会辣到冒烟 |
[22:25] | Infinity, | 英菲尼蒂 |
[22:29] | So, I think I owe you an enormous apology. | 我觉得我得好好向你道歉 |
[22:31] | Why? I mean, you said it yourself, you s… | 为什么 你自己也说了 你… |
[22:37] | you saved my life. | 你救了我的命 |
[22:38] | Yeah, but I went about it all wrong. | 是啊 可我处理的方式大错特错 |
[22:41] | I was a politician… | 我是个政客 |
[22:44] | and not a human being. | 不是个正常人 |
[22:47] | What happened to you is terrible. | 你的遭遇太可怕了 |
[22:48] | And I just got caught up in it | 我却深陷竞选 无法自拔 |
[22:51] | because of my… | 因为我的… |
[22:52] | my ambition, you know? | 我的野心 |
[22:54] | But I have an idea that I think… | 但是我有个想法 我觉得 |
[22:56] | I think could be really great for you. | 我觉得对你会很有好处 |
[22:59] | It’s something that I’m gonna do to try… | 我会通过这件事来努力 |
[23:02] | and enjoy my last few months here. | 享受在这儿的最后几个月 |
[23:06] | Try at least. | 至少努力一把 |
[23:06] | And I really think that it might | 而且我真心觉得 |
[23:10] | actually be fun if we did it together. | 如果咱俩合伙 也许这事会挺有意思 |
[23:15] | What is it? | 什么事 |
[23:23] | Hello. I’m Payton Hobart. | 你好 我是佩顿·霍巴特 |
[23:25] | I will be auditioning for… | 我来试镜… |
[23:27] | any of the male leads. | 任何男主角都行 |
[23:29] | Payton, can I just say I was at the assembly for River | 佩顿 我只想说 你在里弗悼念会上 |
[23:33] | when you sang that amazing song to him. | 献唱那首动人歌曲的时候 我也在场 |
[23:36] | You, sir, don’t have to audition. | 先生 你不用试镜 |
[23:38] | Would you consider playing the part of John Hinckley? | 你愿意饰演约翰·辛克利这个角色吗 |
[23:41] | Trust me, it’s the role. | 相信我 这个角色非你莫属 |
[23:43] | You’ll be fantastic. | 你会表现非凡的 |
[23:44] | Yeah, sure. | 行啊 |
[23:45] | Oh, great. | 真棒 |
[23:46] | Thank you, Payton. | 谢谢你 佩顿 |
[23:48] | Rehearsals start Monday. | 周一开始排练 |
[23:49] | I do actually have one condition, though. | 不过我其实有个条件 |
[23:53] | Come on. | 来吧 |
[23:54] | I will only do the show | 我不会演这部剧 |
[23:55] | if you can cast my friend Infinity as well. | 除非你们让我的朋友英菲尼蒂也参演 |
[24:04] | It’s so bright. | 好亮 |
[24:06] | My name is Infinity Jackson, | 我叫英菲尼蒂·杰克逊 |
[24:08] | and I’m specifically trying out for the role of Squeaky Fromme. | 我专为史奎琦·弗朗这个角色而来 |
[24:15] | What’s the next one? | 下一句是什么 |
[24:16] | Red leather, yellow leather. | 黑化肥发灰 灰化肥发黑 |
[24:17] | Red leather, ye… llow leather. | 黑化肥发灰 灰… 化肥发黑 |
[24:27] | Infinity! Can I please talk to you? | 英菲尼蒂 我能跟你聊聊吗 |
[24:31] | I’m dying every day. | 我每天都生不如死 |
[24:33] | Who told you that I was here? | 谁告诉你我在这儿的 |
[24:35] | Your nana. | 你姥姥 |
[24:36] | She wants us to be together. She told me so. | 她希望我们在一起 她跟我说了 |
[24:40] | Ricardo, finding out that I wasn’t dying | 里卡多 得知自己并不是濒死之人 |
[24:42] | was the best thing that’s ever happened to me. | 是我这辈子最幸运的事 |
[24:44] | It opened my eyes, | 它开阔了我的眼界 |
[24:45] | and now I can see | 如今我知道 |
[24:46] | all the things that my life can be. | 自己的生活可以多姿多彩 |
[24:48] | I can have my own place. I can eat macarons. | 我可以自己住 可以吃马卡龙 |
[24:51] | I can go to Paris. I can play the lead in a musical. | 可以去巴黎 可以演音乐剧的主角 |
[24:53] | – What? – Yeah, that’s right. | -什么 -没错 |
[24:55] | They’re doing Assassins at school | 学校要筹演一部刺客剧 |
[24:56] | and I tried out and got the part of Squeaky Fromme. | 我试镜得到了史奎琦·弗朗的角色 |
[24:58] | It is, | 这是 |
[25:01] | It’s the best part in the show. | 这是剧里最精彩的角色 |
[25:03] | No. | 不是 |
[25:04] | Yeah. | 就是 |
[25:05] | Best part of the show is John Hinckley. | 最精彩的角色是约翰·辛克利 |
[25:07] | Goodbye. | 再见 |
[25:09] | Forever, Ricardo. | 再也不见 里卡多 |
[25:12] | Infinity! | 英菲尼蒂 |
[25:15] | You’re not gonna get a second chance. | 我不会再给你第二个机会 |
[25:17] | I’m warning you! Something really bad is gonna happen. | 我得警告你 要发生很坏的事情了 |
[25:19] | I don’t care! | 我不在乎 |
[25:25] | I don’t think you can be in the show if you don’t go here. | 如果你不在这里上学就不能参加表演 |
[25:29] | Well, I used to go here. | 我以前是这里的学生 |
[25:31] | But I dropped out a couple years ago. | 但我几年前辍学了 |
[25:33] | And I talked to the career counselor | 然后我和职业辅导员谈了一下 |
[25:34] | about enrolling in some night classes to get my GED, so… | 通过上夜校来获得高中学历文凭 所以… |
[25:39] | technically I will be going here. | 理论上来说我马上就是这里的学生了 |
[25:40] | Look, I know you need guys. | 听着 我知道你们缺人 |
[25:43] | And I really wanna be a part of this show. | 而我也非常希望能参加演出 |
[25:45] | okay, well, you do have to audition. | 好吧 但你需要通过试演 |
[25:47] | Is there a song you’d like to sing? | 你有想唱的歌曲吗 |
[25:49] | Yeah. | 有啊 |
[25:50] | I’m gonna sing “Beneath a Moonless Sky” | 我想唱一首《月黑风高》 |
[25:54] | from Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Love Never Dies. | 来自安德鲁·劳埃德·韦伯的《真爱不死》 |
[25:57] | It’s the sequel to Phantom of the Opera. | 它是《歌剧魅影》的续篇 |
[26:00] | Hit it, Ms. Piano DJ. | 请放音乐 钢琴DJ女士 |
[26:03] | Congratulations, cast of Stephen Sondheim’s Assassins. | 祝贺各位 《斯蒂芬·桑德海姆的暗杀者》的演员 |
[26:09] | I think you all know one another, | 你们都应该相互认识了 |
[26:11] | but I’d like to introduce Ricardo. | 但我想介绍了一下里卡多 |
[26:14] | He is a continuing education student here, | 他是这里继续教育的学生 |
[26:17] | and he is our John Wilkes Booth. | 他是我们的约翰·威尔克斯·布斯 |
[26:22] | I will never forgive you for this. | 我永远也不会原谅你这么做 |
[26:24] | Now, before we dive in with some “Getting to know you” exercises, | 现在在我们开始进入”基础知识”练习之前 |
[26:30] | Daria is going to be giving each of you a dramaturgical packet | 达里娅会给你们每人发一套戏剧艺术的材料 |
[26:34] | of all the characters portrayed in this play. | 介绍了这部戏剧中的所有角色 |
[26:38] | Because I really want us to go deep here. | 因为我很希望各位能深挖角色的内心 |
[26:42] | I want each and every one of you | 我希望你们每一个人 |
[26:45] | to become these characters. | 都能与角色融为一体 |
[26:46] | 小约翰·辛克利刺杀前总统里根未遂 被关精神病院35年后获释 | |
[26:47] | Because we have to remember, | 因为我们得记住 |
[26:49] | a villain never thinks he’s a villain. | 恶棍从不认为自己是恶棍 |
[26:52] | He is the hero of his own story. | 他在自己的故事里是个英雄 |
[27:00] | Don’t be afraid about looking stupid. | 别怕自己看上去很傻 |
[27:04] | Just move your bodies to the music. | 随着音乐舞动身体就好 |
[27:08] | Don’t think about it. | 别去多想 |
[27:10] | Oh, yes, Ricardo. | 就是那样 里卡多 |
[27:12] | Great! | 太棒了 |
[27:14] | I don’t want to do this. | 我不想这么做 |
[27:15] | That’s the point, Infinity. It’s a trust exercise. | 这才是关键 英菲尼蒂 这是一个信任练习 |
[27:19] | And one, two, three. | 来数三下 一 二 三 |
[27:26] | – I finally did it, didn’t I? – You did great. | -我终于做到了 对吗 -你做得太好了 |
[27:30] | Get off! | 放开我 |
[27:31] | A thing distinctly hard to say | 说起来很难的事 |
[27:33] | Yet harder still to do | 做起来更难 |
[27:35] | A thing distinctly hard to say. | 说起来很难的事 |
[27:38] | Yet harder still to do | 做起来更难 |
[28:08] | Mr. President! | 总统先生 |
[28:10] | President Reagan! President Reagan! | 里根总统 里根总统 |
[28:15] | – God! – Oh, God! | -天呐 -我的老天 |
[28:19] | Mr. President! | 总统先生 |
[28:21] | President Reagan! President Reagan! | 里根总统 里根总统 |
[28:26] | – God! – Oh, God! | -天呐 -我的老天 |
[28:30] | Mr. President! | 总统先生 |
[28:32] | President Reagan! President Reagan! | 里根总统 里根总统 |
[28:37] | – God! – Oh, God! | -天呐 -我的老天 |
[28:44] | – I don’t believe it. – Two votes? How did she even know that? | -简直不敢相信 -两票 她是怎么知道的 |
[28:46] | She counted them. | 她唱票了吧 |
[28:47] | No. No, this is bullshit. | 不不 这太扯淡了 |
[28:49] | She’s lying. The model said we had an 80% chance of winning. | 她在撒谎 模型预测我们有80%的获胜率 |
[28:51] | The model isn’t the problem, James. | 模型不是问题所在 詹姆斯 |
[28:52] | The problem is you assuming high turnout early in the day | 问题是你推测从早上到下午一直都会 |
[28:54] | would continue later in the day, which is A, stupid and… | 保持高投票人数 首先 这太愚蠢了 而且… |
[28:57] | Both of you shut up! | 你们俩都闭嘴 |
[28:59] | The fact is that we lost, okay? | 事实上我们输了 好吗 |
[29:00] | Can go back and forth about fault, | 我们可以去追究是谁的过错 |
[29:01] | but at the end of day we will still face the fact | 但终究我们还是得面对现实 |
[29:03] | that the voters rejected our message, | 选民不认同我们想要传达的信息 |
[29:05] | and that we don’t have their confidence, okay? | 我们没有赢得他们的信任 |
[29:07] | Our real problem is that we now have two big secrets, okay? | 真正的问题是我们现在有两个不可告人的秘密 |
[29:09] | Astrid won, and we knew Infinity did not have cancer. | 阿斯特丽德赢了和我们得知英菲尼蒂没有得癌症 |
[29:12] | If either of those facts ever get out, our careers are over. | 如果泄露任何一个 我们的竞选生涯就完了 |
[29:15] | I think you’re exhausted. We all just need to calm down. | 你已经精疲力竭了 我们都需要冷静一下 |
[29:16] | Do not interrupt me, James! | 别打断我 詹姆斯 |
[29:22] | This is what happens, guys, okay? We have two little secrets. | 事情就是这样 兄弟们 我们有两个小秘密 |
[29:24] | Hey, we didn’t actually win. | 我们并没有赢 |
[29:26] | And hey, you remember that girl with cancer? | 还有你记得那个癌症女孩吗 |
[29:28] | We knew that she did not have cancer, | 我们知道其实她并没有得癌症 |
[29:29] | and we opted not to tell her. | 而且我们还选择不告诉她 |
[29:30] | Okay? Next campaign, maybe there’ll be, I don’t know, | 下一次竞选 也许会吧 我不知道 |
[29:33] | two more and then 15 years from now, I’m running for Senate | 又多了两个 然后15年后我在竞选参议院时 |
[29:35] | and we have 40 skeletons in our closet. | 我们就有40个不可告人的小秘密了 |
[29:38] | Payton, how can we help? | 佩顿 我们要怎么帮你呢 |
[29:40] | Give me your loyalty. | 向我效忠 |
[29:42] | You have our loyalty. | 我们向你保证 |
[29:43] | Then put it in writing. | 那就白纸黑字写下来 |
[29:49] | Sign a non-disclosure agreement. | 签署一个保密协议 |
[29:53] | You’ve gotta be kidding. | 你在开玩笑吧 |
[29:54] | No one is kidding anyone, James. | 没人在开玩笑 詹姆斯 |
[30:01] | “During the term of your service and at all times hereafter, | “在履行服务期间和此后任何时候 |
[30:03] | you hereby agree not to disclose, disseminate, or publish | 阁下同意不得以任何方式披露 传播或发布 |
[30:05] | any confidential information in any way detrimental to Mr. Hobart…” | 任何对霍巴特先生不利的机密信息” |
[30:09] | This is all very standard stuff. It’s boilerplate, McAfee. | 这些都是标准程序和标准文件 迈克菲 |
[30:11] | “Breach of said agreement will be entitled to all remedies, | “违反以上协议将使另一方有权获得所有补偿 |
[30:13] | including, but not limited | 包括但不仅限于 |
[30:14] | to monetary damages of five million dollars”? | 五百万美元的经济损失赔偿” |
[30:17] | I don’t believe this. | 不敢相信 |
[30:18] | We’ve been friends since we were eight, you can trust us. | 我们从8岁起就是朋友了 你还信不过我们吗 |
[30:20] | Okay, good. Then none of this is an issue, | 好啊 既然这些都不成问题 |
[30:22] | and you should have no problem putting it in writing. | 那你们应该能毫不犹豫签了 |
[30:26] | Look, right now, we’re all great friends, right? | 听着 现在我们都是好朋友 对吗 |
[30:28] | Right? We’re all in this together. But… | 我们都在一条船上 但是… |
[30:31] | when the stakes get higher, friendships fail. | 当涉及到更多利害关系时 友情会翻船 |
[30:34] | So, sign the NDAs, and we can ensure that that never happens. | 签了保密协议 我们才能确保这些不会发生 |
[30:39] | I signed mine ten minutes ago. | 我的十分钟前就签好了 |
[30:44] | Just think five million is a little over the top. | 我只是觉得五百万有点夸张 |
[30:46] | For the record, this is insane. | 我就说一句 这太荒唐了 |
[30:50] | 佩顿·霍巴特 詹姆斯·沙利文 | |
[30:59] | Thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[31:21] | Payton. | 佩顿 |
[31:23] | You seem really stressed. | 你看上去压力山大 |
[31:24] | I mean, I know you’re stressed and worn out and pissed off, | 我是说我知道你压力很大 而且又累又生气 |
[31:28] | so I thought this might cheer you up. | 所以我觉得这个也许可以让你打起精神来 |
[31:33] | It’s red velvet. Skye and I made a whole batch. | 是红丝绒蛋糕 斯凯和我做了一堆 |
[31:35] | I hope it tastes okay. | 希望合你胃口 |
[31:40] | I got your back. | 我支持你 |
[31:45] | – You want a bite? – I’m reducing for prom. | -你想尝一口吗 -我为了毕业舞会减肥呢 |
[31:55] | How long has he been like this? | 他这个样子有多久了 |
[31:56] | Over an hour. | 一个多小时了 |
[31:58] | I did the juneberry and cactus poultice. | 我试了柳树和仙人掌膏药 |
[32:00] | I put the crystal by his head. | 我给他头上放了水晶 |
[32:02] | Did you place some in his armpits? | 你给他腋下放了吗 |
[32:03] | Yes. I did everything you told me to do. | 放了 你说的一切我都照做了 |
[32:06] | Nothing’s working. I’m scared. | 都没用 我吓坏了 |
[32:08] | It’s probably just a bug, Mom. | 可能就是吃坏了 妈妈 |
[32:20] | 103.5! | 39度7 |
[32:23] | We need to get him to a hospital. | 我们得要送他去医院 |
[32:31] | – How are you? You OK? – Is it something you ate? | -你怎么样 -是吃了什么东西吗 |
[32:33] | I’m okay now, but… | 我现在没事了 但… |
[32:35] | this is bad, you guys. I’m… | 这很不好 伙计们 我… |
[32:38] | I’m genuinely scared, OK? | 我真的吓坏了 |
[32:39] | First we find out I’m not a legitimate president, | 首先我们发现我不是合法的主席 |
[32:41] | then someone tries to assassinate me. | 然后有人想要暗杀我 |
[32:42] | Wait, hold on. Are you sure you didn’t just, | 等等 你确定你不是 |
[32:45] | like, have a bad oyster? | 吃了不新鲜的牡蛎吗 |
[32:46] | Someone tried to kill me, James. | 有人想要害我 詹姆斯 |
[32:48] | Okay, I don’t think we need to jump to conclusions. | 我觉得先别忙下结论 |
[32:50] | – Yeah, why would someone do that? – Ronald Reagan, James. | -为什么有人要害你呢 -罗纳德·里根 詹姆斯 |
[32:54] | At the nadir of his popularity, | 在他的支持率处于最低谷时 |
[32:55] | he’s leaving the Washington Hilton… | 他正在从华盛顿的希尔顿酒店离开 |
[32:57] | …and John Hinckley opens fire. | 约翰·辛克利开了枪 |
[32:59] | Reagan is hit and his agent | 里根中弹 他的特勤 |
[33:00] | Brady gets shot in the head and paralyzed for life. | 布雷迪头部中弹 导致终身瘫痪 |
[33:03] | Payton, everyone agrees that was a tragedy. | 佩顿 我们都同意那是个悲剧 |
[33:05] | Abe Lincoln, James! | 林肯总统 詹姆斯 |
[33:12] | When you become president, people come after you, James. | 一旦你当上总统 就有人要干掉你 詹姆斯 |
[33:14] | People who want to stop what you’re doing, | 阻止你正在做的事情 |
[33:16] | people who want someone else in office | 想让其他人坐这个位置 |
[33:17] | doing something different, | 以便做其他事情 |
[33:18] | and people that are just nuts. | 还有些纯粹的疯子 |
[33:21] | I barfed my guts out, James. Okay? | 我快把内脏都吐出来了 詹姆斯 |
[33:23] | It’s not like I just ate a bad oyster. | 这跟吃了个不新鲜的牡蛎不一样 |
[33:26] | I was puking blood. | 我都吐血了 |
[33:27] | I was poisoned. | 我被下了毒 |
[33:30] | McAfee tried to kill me. | 迈克菲想要杀了我 |
[33:31] | Wait. McAfee? | 等等 迈克菲 |
[33:33] | Yeah, ask her. | 对 问问她 |
[33:38] | McAfee, did you poison Payton? | 迈克菲 你给佩顿下毒了吗 |
[33:42] | Yeah, I think I did. | 对 我想是我 |
[33:44] | – Wait, what? – I didn’t mean to. | -等等 什么 -我并没想要这样 |
[33:46] | Skye and I made those cupcakes. | 斯凯和我做了些纸杯蛋糕 |
[33:48] | I made the cake part, but Skye made the icing. | 我做了蛋糕 但斯凯做了糖霜 |
[33:50] | Then we had them, they were fine. | 然后我们吃了 都没问题 |
[33:52] | But Skye wanted to make a special cake for Payton | 但斯凯想给佩顿专门做一个蛋糕 |
[33:54] | with icing I didn’t see her make. | 那个的糖霜我并没看见斯凯做 |
[33:57] | I didn’t think anything of it, who poisons someone? | 我当时没多想 谁会去给人下毒呢 |
[34:00] | But now I think she had to have. | 可现在我想只能是她 |
[34:01] | She’d been talking about getting rid of you, | 她一直在说要摆脱你 |
[34:03] | – I honestly thought it was just talk. – Are you kidding me? | -可我以为那不过是说说 -你开玩笑呢 |
[34:05] | – Get out. – When were you gonna mention this? | -出去 -你打算什么时候说这个呢 |
[34:07] | I didn’t think she’d actually kill him, James! | 我没想到她真的会要杀他 詹姆斯 |
[34:09] | Get out! | 出去 |
[34:10] | You are off the team. I don’t ever want to see you again. | 你被从团队开除了 我不想再看见你了 |
[34:11] | Payton, please. | 佩顿 求你了 |
[34:12] | McAfee, it’s over. Leave. | 迈克菲 结束了 走吧 |
[34:25] | Are you honestly saying what I think you’re saying? | 你真的在说我理解的那个意思吗 |
[34:27] | Why did you put special icing on Payton’s cupcake? | 你为什么在给佩顿的纸杯蛋糕上放特别的糖霜 |
[34:29] | Because I wanted to write a message on it to be nice, McAfee. | 因为我想要写个字表示友好 迈克菲 |
[34:32] | What was in the icing, Skye? | 糖霜里放了什么 斯凯 |
[34:33] | Sugar and butter, bitch! | 糖和黄油啊 臭婊子 |
[34:37] | I will not sit here and be accused of trying to murder someone… | 做纸杯蛋糕可是你的主意 所以我才不会 |
[34:42] | when making the cupcakes was your idea. | 坐在这俯首被人指责说我要杀人呢 |
[34:44] | Three days earlier, giving you plenty of time… | 那是三天前说的 你有足够的时间… |
[34:46] | And I went along with it, which now I realize I shouldn’t have. | 我就同意了 现在我意识到我不该同意 |
[34:49] | Because I wanted to do something nice | 因为我想向一个我认为是个傻瓜 |
[34:51] | for someone who I actually think is an idiot, | 而且我根本无法忍受的人 |
[34:53] | and who I can’t stand. | 表示友好 |
[34:54] | So if you want to believe I tried to murder Payton | 如果你想相信我想谋杀佩顿 |
[34:57] | so I could be student body president, | 试图取而代之 |
[34:59] | I have two things to say to you. | 我有两点要说 |
[35:00] | – I’m just trying to understand… – Number one, screw you. | -我只是想搞清楚… -第一 去你妈的 |
[35:04] | Number two, I’m dumping your ass. | 第二 我要把你甩了 |
[35:06] | And I’m probably doing you a favor | 我这样做都可能是在帮你忙 |
[35:08] | because I don’t think you’re gay, | 因为我觉得你就不是同性恋 |
[35:09] | you tight-ass, stuck-up tourist. | 你这个胆小傲慢赶时髦的样子货 |
[35:11] | If you were, you’d know your way around a woman’s body, | 如果你真是 你就该知道如何取悦女人 |
[35:14] | which, just so you know, | 而实际上 我告诉你吧 |
[35:16] | you don’t. | 你烂透了 |
[35:29] | Mom? | 妈妈 |
[35:53] | What are you doing here? | 你来干什么 |
[35:54] | I need to talk to you. | 我要和你谈谈 |
[35:55] | Not here. | 这里不行 |
[35:56] | God, my husband is upstairs. | 我的天 我丈夫就在楼上呢 |
[35:58] | He’s finishing a giant jigsaw | 他在完成佩吉·古根海姆的 |
[35:59] | puzzle of Peggy Guggenheim’s Venetian Palazzo. | 威尼斯宫殿大型拼图呢 |
[36:03] | Stables, 15 minutes. | 马厩 十五分钟后 |
[36:05] | – Okay. – No sex. | -好 -不亲热 |
[36:30] | I thought you went to work on a dude ranch in Wyoming. | 我以为你去了怀俄明州一个牧场 |
[36:32] | Montana. It’s beautiful. | 蒙大拿州 非常漂亮 |
[36:34] | I saw a man get murdered by a bear. | 我看见有个人被熊谋杀了 |
[36:36] | I don’t think a bear can murder a man. | 我觉得熊不能谋杀人吧 |
[36:39] | He can kill him, | 它可以杀死人 |
[36:40] | but murdering sounds like there’s malicious intent. | 可谋杀听上去像是有恶毒动机 |
[36:43] | My point is it’s all so real there. | 我想说那里的一切都非常真实 |
[36:46] | You could use some real. | 你也该去感受一下真实 |
[36:48] | I made a commitment to my son. | 我对我的儿子许下了诺言 |
[36:51] | If I leave, he’ll lose everything. | 如果我走了 他会失去一切 |
[36:53] | He will lose you if you stay. | 如果你留下来 他就会失去你 |
[36:55] | You will start resenting him. | 你会开始憎恶他 |
[36:56] | Maybe not today, | 也许不是今天 |
[36:57] | but someday soon. | 但总有一天 很快 |
[36:59] | I’m flying back tomorrow. Come with me. | 我明天就飞回去 和我一起走吧 |
[37:08] | Tomorrow. | 明天 |
[37:15] | “My dearest Jodie, | “我最亲爱的朱迪 |
[37:17] | I’m humiliated by my weakness and my impotence, | 我为我的软弱和无能无地自容 |
[37:20] | but I can change. | 但我可以改 |
[37:22] | Jodie, I’ll prove to you | 朱迪 我要向你证明 |
[37:23] | that I can change with one brave historic act. | 我可以通过一个勇敢历史性的行动来改变 |
[37:26] | I’ll win your love now and for all eternity. | 我会以此赢得你永恒的爱 |
[37:33] | Love, John.” | 爱你的 约翰” |
[37:53] | ♪I am♪ | ♪我是♪ |
[37:53] | BGM: Unworthy of Your Love | 原唱: Greg Germann, Annie Golden |
[37:55] | ♪Nothing♪ | ♪无名之辈♪ |
[37:57] | ♪You are wind and water and sky♪ | ♪你是风 是水 是天空♪ |
[38:04] | ♪Jodie♪ | ♪朱迪♪ |
[38:06] | ♪Tell me, Jodie How I can earn your love?♪ | ♪告诉我 我要如何赢得你的爱 朱迪♪ |
[38:12] | ♪I would swim oceans I would move mountains♪ | ♪我愿上山 我愿入地♪ |
[38:16] | ♪I would do anything for you♪ | ♪为了你我什么都愿意♪ |
[38:21] | ♪What do you want me to do?♪ | ♪告诉我你的心意♪ |
[38:26] | ♪I am unworthy of your love♪ | ♪我配不上你的爱♪ |
[38:31] | ♪Jodie, Jodie♪ | ♪朱迪 朱迪♪ |
[38:33] | ♪Let me prove worthy of your love♪ | ♪让我证明值得你的爱♪ |
[38:41] | ♪Tell me how I can earn your love♪ | ♪告诉我该如何争取你的爱♪ |
[38:45] | ♪Set me free♪ | ♪让我自由♪ |
[38:49] | ♪How can I turn your love to me?♪ | ♪我该如何让你爱我♪ |
[38:56] | ♪I am♪ | ♪我是♪ |
[38:58] | ♪Nothing♪ | ♪无名之辈♪ |
[38:59] | ♪You are wind and devil and god♪ | ♪你是风 是恶魔 是上帝♪ |
[39:05] | ♪Charlie, take my blood♪ | ♪查理 带走我的血♪ |
[39:08] | ♪And my body for your love♪ | ♪我的身体 只为你的爱♪ |
[39:13] | ♪Let me feel fire, let me drink poison♪ | ♪让我感受到烈火 让我饮用毒药♪ |
[39:17] | ♪Tell me to tear my heart in two♪ | ♪告诉我将心撕扯两半♪ |
[39:22] | ♪If that’s what you want me to do♪ | ♪若你想让我这么做♪ |
[39:26] | ♪I am unworthy of your love♪ | ♪我配不上你的爱♪ |
[39:31] | ♪Charlie, darlin’♪ | ♪查理 亲爱的♪ |
[39:33] | ♪I have done nothing for your love♪ | ♪我没有做过值得你爱的事♪ |
[39:41] | ♪Let me be worthy of your love♪ | ♪让我值得你的爱吧♪ |
[39:45] | ♪Set you free♪ | ♪让你自由♪ |
[39:48] | ♪I would come take you from your life♪ | ♪我愿进入你生命 带走你♪ |
[39:51] | ♪I would come take you from your cell♪ | ♪我愿进入你监牢 带走你♪ |
[39:55] | ♪You would be queen to me, not wife♪ | ♪你是我的女王 而非妻子♪ |
[39:58] | ♪I would crawl belly-deep through hell♪ | ♪我会爬过幽深的地狱♪ |
[40:02] | – ♪Baby, I’d die for you♪ – ♪Baby, I’d die for you♪ | -♪宝贝我愿为你赴死♪ -♪宝贝我愿为你赴死♪ |
[40:05] | ♪Even though (Even though) I will always know♪ | ♪尽管 (尽管) 我将一直知道♪ |
[40:12] | ♪I am unworthy of your love♪ | ♪我配不上你的爱♪ |
[40:16] | – ♪Jodie, darling♪ – ♪Charlie, darling♪ | -♪朱迪 亲爱的♪ -♪查理 亲爱的♪ |
[40:18] | ♪Let me prove worthy of your love♪ | ♪让我证明值得你的爱♪ |
[40:25] | ♪I’ll find a way to earn your love | ♪我会奋力争取你的爱♪ |
[40:29] | ♪Wait and see♪ | ♪等着瞧♪ |
[40:32] | ♪Then you will turn your love to me♪ | ♪然后你会爱上我♪ |
[40:42] | ♪Your love♪ | ♪你会♪ |
[40:50] | ♪To me♪ | ♪爱上我♪ |
[41:00] | Great! Great! So good! | 好极了 好极了 太棒了 |
[41:02] | – Such a great song! – That was awesome. | -唱得太好了 -真厉害 |
[41:04] | – That was really good. – We’ll take a two-minute potty break | -非常精彩 -我们休息两分钟 |
[41:06] | and we’ll move on. | 然后继续排练 |
[41:08] | We’re gonna move… | 我们之后从… |
[41:12] | I’ll catch up with you, okay? I’ll be back. | 我晚点跟你说 一会儿回来 |
[41:13] | Okay. Do you want me to come with… with… No? Okay. | 好 你想让我和你一起 不用吗 好吧 |
[41:16] | I’m gonna get a snack. | 我要吃零食 |
[41:20] | That was great. Show’s gonna be really good. | 非常棒 演出会很精彩的 |
[41:22] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[41:24] | Listen, I’m really glad that you’re here. | 听着 我很高兴你来了 |
[41:26] | I actually did want to apologize. | 我其实想向你道歉 |
[41:27] | I was | 我当时 |
[41:29] | quite exhausted and dehydrated, and I… | 又疲惫又脱水 而且我 |
[41:33] | well, I jumped to sort of an insane conclusion. | 我妄下了一个疯狂的结论 |
[41:34] | I don’t think you did. | 我觉得不是 |
[41:36] | Skye swears up and down that she didn’t do it, | 斯凯发誓说不是她 |
[41:38] | and maybe we’ll never know. | 也许我们永远不会发现 |
[41:40] | But there’s a possibility that she did poison you. | 但依然有可能是她给你下了毒 |
[41:42] | And that’s on me for not seeing it sooner. | 而且怪我没有早点发现 |
[41:45] | The fact is… | 事实上 |
[41:49] | This is hard to talk about and I should’ve earlier, | 这有点难以启齿 我应该早点 |
[41:51] | and I can’t believe I didn’t and I don’t know why I didn’t. | 我不敢相信我竟然没有 我不知道为什么自己没有 |
[41:53] | – Didn’t what? – Tell you. | -没有什么 -告诉你 |
[41:55] | Skye and I have been having a love affair | 斯凯和我在恋爱 |
[41:56] | since a few weeks before she joined the ticket. | 在她加入竞选前几周开始的 |
[42:01] | Oh my… You’ve gotta… You’ve gotta be kidding me. | 天哪 你这是 跟我开国际玩笑呢 |
[42:04] | Complete honesty. Right? Isn’t that what we agreed on? | 完全诚实 对吧 我们都同意的 |
[42:06] | – Total transparency, right? – I know, Payton. It was bad. | -坦诚相待 对吧 -我知道 佩顿 是我不好 |
[42:09] | But I had to have something for myself. | 但我得有点属于自己的东西 |
[42:10] | You’re not in charge of my personal life. | 你不掌管我的私人生活 |
[42:12] | Anyway, it’s over. I’m sorry. I’m… | 总之已经结束了 对不起 我 |
[42:14] | – What else do you want me to say? – Nothing. Nothing. | -你还想让我说什么 -没有 没有 |
[42:17] | – Think you and I should part ways. – Payton! | -我觉得咱们应该分道扬镳 -佩顿 |
[42:19] | You know what? I wish you well, McAfee, but we’re done. | 我祝你一切都好 迈克菲 但我们一刀两断 |
[42:24] | And we’re back. | 接着排练 |
[42:29] | Okay, Ricardo, I want to sing through “The Ballad of…” | 里卡多 我想排一遍… |
[42:34] | Where’s Ricardo? | 里卡多呢 |
[42:35] | – You want one? – I’m okay. | -你来点吗 -不了 |
[42:40] | We don’t need the gun right now. | 我们现在不需要枪 |
[42:42] | BB gun. | 这是BB枪 |
[42:44] | I want to hold it. | 我想拿着 |
[42:45] | It’s important for the character. | 对角色很重要 |
[42:55] | BGM: The Ballad of Booth | 原唱: Patrick Cassidy, Marcus Olson, Victor Garber |
[42:55] | ♪Damn my soul if you must♪ | ♪若你必须 咒诅我的灵魂吧♪ |
[42:59] | ♪Let my body turn to dust♪ | ♪让我的躯体归为尘土♪ |
[43:02] | ♪Let it mingle with the ashes of the country♪ | ♪混在国家的灰烬之中♪ |
[43:10] | ♪Let them curse me to hell♪ | ♪让其咒我入地狱♪ |
[43:13] | ♪Leave it to history to tell♪ | ♪留给历史来诉说♪ |
[43:16] | ♪What I did♪ | ♪我的所为♪ |
[43:18] | ♪I did well♪ | ♪皆为成功♪ |
[43:19] | ♪And I did it for my country♪ | ♪我是为国而为♪ |
[43:23] | ♪Let them cry, “Dirty traitor”♪ | ♪让他们喊吧 “可恶的叛徒”♪ |
[43:27] | ♪They will understand it later♪ | ♪以后他们自会明白♪ |
[43:34] | ♪The country♪ | ♪这个国家♪ |
[43:37] | ♪Is not what it was♪ | ♪已今非昔比♪ |
[43:44] | Bang! | 砰 |
[43:50] | Just wow. | 太精彩了 |
[43:55] | Nope. | 不 |
[43:56] | My character would never wear that. | 我的角色不会穿这个 |
[43:58] | Hey. Ricardo? Can I talk to you in private for a quick second? | 里卡多 我能跟你私下谈谈吗 |
[44:01] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[44:03] | First of all, great job out there, man. | 首先 刚才很棒 兄弟 |
[44:05] | I really think that once you sort of modulate that performance, | 我真的认为如果你掌握了表演 |
[44:08] | then it’s gonna be really effective. | 能惊艳全场 |
[44:10] | You know what they say, man. | 你知道老话怎么说 |
[44:12] | Less is more. So… | 物以稀为贵 所以 |
[44:15] | I wanted to talk to you about this gun. | 我想和你谈谈那把枪 |
[44:17] | It’s just a BB gun. And I need it. | 只是BB枪 我需要它 |
[44:20] | Okay, but, uh, John Wilkes Booth didn’t actually use a rifle, | 好吧 但是约翰·威尔克斯·布斯没有用来福枪 |
[44:22] | he used a handgun. | 他用了手枪 |
[44:24] | I want to use a rifle. | 我想用来福枪 |
[44:25] | Okay. Well, um, as you know, I’m student body president, | 好吧 你也知道 我是学生会主席 |
[44:28] | and a significant part of my platform was about gun reform, | 我主张中的一个核心政策是枪支改革 |
[44:30] | so I can’t really be part of a show | 所以我不能参演一部 |
[44:32] | where an actor’s holding a gun | 演员用枪的话剧 |
[44:33] | when he doesn’t need to. | 而且枪还不必要 |
[44:34] | It’s not a gun. | 这不是枪 |
[44:36] | Okay, well, it looks like a gun, | 看起来像枪 |
[44:37] | so either you can figure out a way to butcher that song without it, | 所以要不你找个不用枪也能完美呈现歌曲的办法 |
[44:39] | or I take this up with the school board,right? | 要不我就去找校委会 |
[44:41] | Either way, I’m winning this fight. | 总之 最后都是我赢 |
[44:48] | Maybe… it is a gun. | 也许 这是一把枪 |
[44:53] | Bang! | 砰 |
[44:58] | Just kidding. | 开个玩笑 |
[45:07] | Oh, my God! | 我的天 |
[45:10] | See? | 你瞧 |
[45:12] | BB gun. | BB枪 |
[45:16] | What the hell? | 搞什么 |
[46:09] | So, did you do it? It’s done? | 你干了吗 搞定了吗 |
[46:11] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[46:14] | I might just order a drink. | 我也许该来杯酒 |
[46:15] | What are you talking about? You’re 18. | 说什么呢 你才18岁 |
[46:17] | So? I thought you didn’t mind if I drink around you. | 那又怎样 我以为你不介意我喝酒 |
[46:19] | Just listen. | 听着 |
[46:20] | I want you to tell me what happened, | 你告诉我具体发生了什么 |
[46:24] | and then you and I are gonna go our separate ways | 然后咱俩就分道扬镳 |
[46:27] | and we are never gonna speak about this again, okay? | 再也不提起这事 明白吗 |
[46:31] | – You shot him, yes? – Yeah! | -你开枪打了他 对吧 -对 |
[46:34] | Right in the ass. | 正好打在屁股上 |
[46:36] | He screamed like a bitch. | 他叫得像个小娘们 |
[46:37] | And I was like, “Whoops! I’m so sorry. | 我就说 “哎呀 不好意思了 |
[46:40] | – I didn’t mean to do that.” – No, no. | -我不是故意的” -不 不 |
[46:41] | – Wait… – He ran off screaming and drove home… | -等等 -他叫着跑开 开车回家了 |
[46:43] | Wait a minute! | 等等 |
[46:45] | You shot him in the ass? | 你打中了他的屁股 |
[46:47] | I wanted the BB to get lodged in his ass | 我想让BB弹射入他屁股 |
[46:50] | so it’d be hard to pull out. | 这样就很难拔下来 |
[46:52] | A bb? | BB弹 |
[46:57] | The plan wasn’t to shoot him with a BB gun! | 计划不是用BB枪打他 |
[47:01] | I’ve been doin’ all this research for this role I’ve been playin’, right? | 我最近一直在研究我要演的那个角色 |
[47:04] | I’ve been learnin’ about all these famous assassinations. | 我学到了许多著名的暗杀案例 |
[47:07] | Have you ever heard of Philoctetes? | 你听说过菲罗克忒忒斯吗 |
[47:11] | Yeah? Well, you should check him out | 没有 你该去搜搜看 |
[47:13] | because he was this famous Greek warrior | 因为他是个著名的希腊战士 |
[47:16] | who wanted to bone down with Helen of Troy, | 想上特洛伊的海伦 |
[47:18] | and he got shot with an arrow | 后来他被箭射中 |
[47:20] | that was dipped in the gallbladder of the Hydra. | 箭头沾了九头蛇的胆汁 |
[47:24] | Which I get is, like, a mythological creature, | 我知道九头蛇是神话动物 |
[47:26] | but still, I was like, “That’s it.” | 但我灵活一现 “就用这招” |
[47:29] | And there’s this possum that | 我叔叔家附近 |
[47:31] | somebody ran over right by my uncle’s house, | 有一只负鼠被人压死了 |
[47:33] | and it got ran over, like a while ago. | 它已经被压死有段时间了 |
[47:36] | And I didn’t know which part was his gallbladder, | 我不知道哪部分是它的胆囊 |
[47:38] | so I pulled out all of its guts and I mashed ’em up | 所以我剖出了它所有内脏 混在一起 |
[47:41] | and I got these hollow-pointed air gun pellets, | 然后找到一些空心的弹壳 |
[47:44] | and I soaked ’em in it overnight. | 把弹壳整晚浸在内脏里 |
[47:49] | I buried the pellet at least | 我把弹壳射进了 |
[47:51] | two inches… | 佩顿的肌肉 |
[47:53] | deep into the muscle, | 至少两英尺深 |
[47:54] | putting all that dead possum guts bacteria | 把所有负鼠内脏的细菌 |
[47:57] | straight into his bloodstream. | 都转移到他的血液中 |
[47:59] | It’s called sepsis. | 这叫败血症 |
[48:02] | And you die of it. | 会死人的 |
[48:04] | Your organs shut down or something. | 器官衰竭什么的 |
[48:06] | Jesus Christ! | 老天爷 |
[48:07] | You didn’t do what I asked! | 你没按照我说的做 |
[48:11] | Dimwit. | 白痴 |
[48:13] | I am trying to get my granddaughter back, you twat! | 我想让我的外孙女回来 你个傻叉 |
[48:17] | – Calm down… – No! | -冷静 -不 |
[48:18] | Don’t tell me to calm down! | 别让我冷静 |
[48:22] | Shut up and sit down! | 闭上嘴 坐下 |
[48:29] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[48:32] | Family stuff. | 家庭事务 |
[48:38] | He’ll be dead by morning. | 他明早就会死 |
[48:40] | And I can say it was an accident, | 而我只需要说这是个意外 |
[48:43] | and you weren’t connected in any way at all. | 你不会受到任何牵连 |
[48:47] | Okay? | 懂吗 |
[48:51] | Thank you, Ricardo! For doing exactly… | 谢谢 里卡多 做了一切 |
[48:55] | what I asked you to do. | 我让你做的事 |
[49:07] | Whatever that is, that’s gross. | 无论那是什么 恶心透了 |
[49:17] | 101. | 39度 |
[49:19] | Another fever. | 又发烧了 |
[49:21] | I think I’m just run down this time. | 我猜这次我真是病了 |
[49:26] | You’re so sad. | 你好难过 |
[49:28] | I love you so much. | 我太爱你了 |
[49:29] | And that makes you sad? | 这让你难过吗 |
[49:37] | My mother was very cold. | 我母亲很冷漠 |
[49:40] | At least that’s what my babysitter told me. | 至少我的保姆是这么说的 |
[49:42] | She wasn’t really around enough for me to get a sense of her. | 她经常不在 我对她没有印象 |
[49:47] | So I had no model | 所以我没有榜样 |
[49:49] | for what a mother was. | 不知道该怎么做母亲 |
[49:53] | No model to reject or to embrace. | 没有可以模仿或依赖的榜样 |
[49:58] | I had very little natural instinct for it. | 我也没有天生的母性 |
[50:01] | Which is why your brothers turned out so poorly. | 所以你的哥哥们这么混球 |
[50:05] | And when we adopted you, | 当我们领养你时 |
[50:07] | I sat down and I made a list of how a perfect mother would be. | 我坐下来写了一张完美母亲应具备的特质的表 |
[50:12] | Gentle, endlessly loving, | 温柔 无限的爱 |
[50:15] | patient, trusting, | 耐心 值得信任 |
[50:18] | and selfless. | 且无私 |
[50:19] | That’s exactly how I would describe you. | 我也会这样描述你 |
[50:22] | I don’t know if I can be those things anymore. | 我不知道自己是否还是这样的人了 |
[50:25] | A person can’t be truly selfless and survive. | 没有人能够真正的无私 |
[50:28] | I was no one until you came into my life. | 你进入我的生命前 我只是无名之辈 |
[50:32] | I was a corked bottle floating in the sea, | 我只是个海中的漂流瓶 |
[50:34] | the tide pushing me wherever it wanted to. | 任凭海浪推我漂浮 |
[50:37] | The note inside me was blank. | 而我瓶中的纸条是空白的 |
[50:41] | I’m only who I want to be | 只有和你产生联系后 |
[50:43] | when I’m in relation to you. | 我才能成为想成为的人 |
[50:45] | That’s too much pressure to put on me. | 这对我来说压力太大了 |
[50:50] | In a year I’ll be out of the house, | 还有一年我就要离开家 |
[50:53] | thousands of miles away. | 横跨整个国家 |
[50:56] | Were you planning on moving to Cambridge? | 你打算搬去剑桥吗 |
[50:59] | Maybe not full-time. | 也许不是一直住那 |
[51:04] | Mom, I don’t need the money. | 妈妈 我不需要钱 |
[51:06] | I don’t. I’m not like Martin, | 我不需要 我不是马丁 |
[51:09] | or Luther, or even Dad. | 或卢瑟 或爸爸 |
[51:14] | I’ll find my way no matter what. | 无论如何我能找到出路 |
[51:17] | I’m in love with someone for the first time in my life. | 人生第一次 我爱上了一个人 |
[51:21] | It might be real, it might be just an escape hatch, | 也许这不是真的 也许我只是逃避现状 |
[51:24] | but I feel like… | 但我感觉 |
[51:26] | …if I don’t give it a try, | 如果我不尝试 |
[51:30] | I will die here. | 我会死在这里 |
[51:39] | Then go. | 那就去吧 |
[51:43] | You don’t need my permission, but I give it to you. | 你不需要我的允许 但我准了 |
[51:49] | You will always be the love of my life. | 你永远是我的最爱 |
[51:54] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[51:56] | Oh, honey, you’re soaking wet. | 亲爱的 你湿透了 |
[51:59] | I want you to take a cold shower. I’m gonna call the doctor. | 你去洗个冷水澡 我去叫医生 |
[52:01] | Okay. | 好 |
[52:12] | – Mom. Mom? – Yes, my love. | -妈妈 妈妈 -亲爱的 |
[52:17] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[52:20] | My… Help! | 天哪 救命 |
[52:22] | Somebody come and help me, please! | 快来人救命啊 |
[52:24] | Payton! | 佩顿 |
[52:41] | Payton, wake up! | 佩顿 醒醒 |
[52:43] | Payton! Help! | 佩顿 救命啊 |
[53:11] | This is Georgina Hobart. | 我是乔治娜·霍巴特 |
[53:13] | I need an ambulance immediately. My son is very ill. | 立即给我派救护车 我儿子病得很重 |