时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:17] | When we asked, | 当我们询问 |
[00:18] | “Do you believe career politicians | “您认为像迪迪·斯丹迪施这样的 |
[00:19] | like Dede Standish have done a good job | 资深政客在代表奥尔巴尼市第27区方面 |
[00:21] | representing the 27th District in Albany?” | 是否做出了很好的政绩”这个问题时 |
[00:23] | It was 33 percent yes, 38 percent no, | 33%的人回答是 38%回答否 |
[00:26] | 14 undecided, | 14%无法决定 |
[00:27] | 15 no opinion. | 15%没有看法 |
[00:29] | – That’s very good. – Meaning bad for her, good for us. | -很好 -意味着对她不利 对我们有利 |
[00:31] | Yep, I gathered that. Totally did not need to clarify. | 我明白这点 完全不需要解释 |
[00:33] | But when we asked, | 但当我们询问 |
[00:34] | “Do you believe Payton Hobart has the experience | “您认为佩顿·霍巴特的经历是否能让他 |
[00:36] | to represent the 27th District in Albany?” | 代表奥尔巴尼市第27区”这个问题时 |
[00:38] | it dropped to a 21 percent yes, | 数字下降到21%答是 |
[00:40] | 44 percent no, | 44%否 |
[00:42] | 22 undecided, and 13 no opinion. | 22%无法决定 13%没有看法 |
[00:44] | Okay, but that’s a very different question. | 可那是完全不同的问题 |
[00:46] | Hold on. That’s the same thing, “undecided” and “no opinion.” | 等等 “无法决定”和”没有看法”是一回事啊 |
[00:48] | No, it’s not. | 不 不一样 |
[00:50] | Oh, God! God damn it! | 天啊 真烦人 |
[00:54] | I’ve done so much glad-handing | 我做了那么多次的热情握手 |
[00:55] | that we’ve spent half of our campaign budget on hand sanitizer. | 以致于我们一半的竞选经费都花在了消毒液上 |
[00:58] | Are you just gonna let all this spill out, or…? | 你就准备让水都流光还是… |
[01:00] | So, why are we ten-something points down with a month to go? | 那为何在就剩一个月的时候我们还落后十来个点 |
[01:03] | Dede Standish has 30 years of name recognition. | 迪迪·斯丹迪施享有三十年的知名度 |
[01:05] | It’s all about turnout. | 关键还是在于投票率 |
[01:09] | Turnout in elections for New York State Senate | 纽约州参议员选举的投票率 |
[01:11] | tend to be as low as 2 percent. | 一般只有2% |
[01:13] | As few as 6,000 people will even cast their ballots, | 只有六千人最终投票 |
[01:16] | which means this race can be determined on, like, 100 votes. | 就是说决定这场竞选结果的也就是一百张选票 |
[01:19] | You could win if you just go after those people | 如果你直接去搞定那些 |
[01:20] | who’ve answered the poll with “I don’t know.” | 回答说”我不知道”的人 你就可能赢得选举 |
[01:22] | And we know who they are. We have their phone numbers. | 而且我们知道他们都是谁 我们有他们的电话 |
[01:25] | There weren’t any “I don’t knows”! | 哪里有回答”我不知道”的人啊 |
[01:27] | That’s right, James, | 对啊 詹姆斯 |
[01:28] | because you asked everyone for | 因为你询问大家意见的方式 |
[01:29] | their opinions in a really confusing way. | 让人非常难以理解 |
[01:31] | – Maybe I’ll just get us coffees, then. – Thank you. | -也许我还是去给大家买点咖啡吧 -谢谢 |
[01:34] | The reason why we are ten-something points behind | 我们落后十来个点 |
[01:36] | and not ten-something points ahead | 而不是领先十来个点的原因 |
[01:37] | is because you have a nuclear bomb | 是因为你手里有一个 |
[01:39] | with the word “throuple” written on it, | 叫作”三人行”的核武器 |
[01:40] | and you refuse to drop it, okay? | 而你拒绝把它放出来 |
[01:43] | See, that’s the thing with a nuclear bomb, James. | 核武器的问题就在这 詹姆斯 |
[01:45] | It’s not a very good look for the side that drops it, okay? | 扔出武器的那一边会显得吃相难看 |
[01:48] | I won’t run a dirty campaign | 我不想要一场手段肮脏的竞选 |
[01:49] | that attacks my opponent’s personal life. | 去攻击对手的私生活 |
[01:51] | I am the ideas candidate. | 我是有想法的候选人 |
[01:52] | Well, then you’d better get used to | 那你最好习惯习惯 |
[01:53] | the idea that we are going to lose. | 我们要输的这个想法 |
[01:56] | Maybe instead of coffee, I’ll just see you all tomorrow? | 要不咖啡就算了 我还是明天再来吧 |
[02:02] | Will you please get a mop? | 麻烦你拿个拖把好吗 |
[02:31] | I need a pretzel | 我要个椒盐脆饼 |
[02:33] | and I need a– a chicken salad | 再要个鸡肉沙拉 |
[02:34] | and I need a Gatorade… | 还要一瓶佳得乐… |
[02:36] | Forget it. | 算了吧 |
[02:39] | People, let’s get up, off the saddle. Here we go. | 大家立起身子 不要坐在座上 我们开始 |
[02:42] | Right, left, right. | 右左右 |
[02:46] | Stabilize those hips, people. | 大家稳定住臀部 |
[02:49] | Lane three, customer waiting… | 第三通道 有顾客等待… |
[03:09] | I know who you are. Why are you following me? | 我知道你是谁 你为什么跟着我 |
[03:12] | Can I interest you in lunch? | 有兴趣和我吃午饭吗 |
[03:30] | I want to speak to Payton Hobart. | 我要见佩顿·霍巴特 |
[03:32] | And don’t lie and say he’s not here. | 别骗我说他不在 |
[03:34] | Tell him it’s Andrew. | 告诉他我是安德鲁 |
[03:36] | Uh, okay. Andrew…? | 那行 你贵姓 |
[03:38] | No last name. Just Andrew. | 没有姓 就是安德鲁 |
[03:40] | Like Cher. | 像雪儿那样 |
[03:41] | And it’s like when I talk, they don’t even hear me. | 我说话时 他们根本不听 |
[03:44] | And it’s not an accident. They’re actively not listening. | 并不是偶然的 他们刻意不去听 |
[03:46] | I’ve been dealing with that my whole life. | 我这一辈子都遇到这样的情况 |
[03:48] | It’s called being a woman. | 做女人就是这样 |
[03:50] | I hate math, | 我讨厌数学 |
[03:51] | and I spent years at UC Santa Cruz studying number theory. | 我在加州大学圣克鲁兹分校花了好几年学习数论 |
[03:55] | You know why? | 知道为什么吗 |
[03:56] | Because I’m obsessed with Infinity. | 因为我迷上了英菲尼蒂 |
[04:00] | Do you mean the person? | 你是说那个人吗 |
[04:02] | Yes, dumbass. | 当然 笨蛋 |
[04:04] | I can’t stop thinking about her. | 我无时无刻不想她 |
[04:06] | I jerk it all the time, and it doesn’t help. | 我没完没了地撸 可没用 |
[04:09] | I’ve tried everything. | 我试了各种办法 |
[04:10] | Empty affairs, a lot of older women. | 无意义的交往 很多比我大的女人 |
[04:13] | Effed some guys, too, some BDSM shit. | 还玩过些男的 捆绑调教施虐受虐之类的 |
[04:16] | Nothing works. | 都没用 |
[04:18] | I’m in love with her. | 我爱上她了 |
[04:20] | So, why are you here? | 那你来这干什么 |
[04:25] | I came to work for you, asshat. What do you think? | 我来为你工作啊 废物 你觉得呢 |
[04:28] | Your campaign’s in the toilet. | 你的竞选要完蛋了 |
[04:29] | Listen… | 听着… |
[04:30] | I am just gonna come right out to ask: | 我就直截了当地问你 |
[04:34] | why don’t you come and work for us? | 不如你来为我们工作吧 |
[04:36] | But not “officially” work for us. | 但不是”在明面上”为我们工作 |
[04:40] | And how are you gonna help? | 你怎么来帮助我们呢 |
[04:41] | How thick are you assholes, anyway? | 你们是有多蠢啊 |
[04:44] | I’m gonna get myself hired by the Standish campaign. | 我要让斯丹迪施竞选办公室聘用我 |
[04:48] | What you need is– | 你们需要的是… |
[04:49] | A mole? | 一个内线 |
[04:51] | Why would you even bother? You’re, like, ten points ahead. | 你干什么费这个劲 你都领先十个点了 |
[04:53] | Shit like this is how we stay ten points ahead. | 我们就是凭这些个伎俩才能领先十个点 |
[04:58] | How you gonna get hired? | 你怎么能让她们雇佣你呢 |
[04:59] | They’ll know we went to high school together. | 他们会知道我们是高中同学 |
[05:01] | So what? | 那又如何 |
[05:02] | I’ll tell them you suck and I hate you. Because I do. | 我会告诉她们你不怎么样 我恨你 本来也是 |
[05:04] | And why would you do that? | 那你为什么要那么做呢 |
[05:06] | And why exactly would I do that? | 我为什么要那么做呢 |
[05:08] | Because your talents are totally ignored | 因为你的才能完全被 |
[05:10] | by a– an insufferable little megalomaniac | 一个让人无法忍受的妄自尊大的家伙给忽视了 |
[05:13] | who, really, let’s face it, doesn’t know what he’s doing. | 我们说实话吧 他根本不知道自己在做什么 |
[05:15] | Again, Infinity won’t return my calls, | 再说一次 英菲尼蒂不回我的电话 |
[05:18] | and her texts are, like, “I’m really busy,” | 她的短信就是说 “我真的很忙” |
[05:20] | and, “Please stop texting me. It’s never gonna happen.” | 还有”别再发信息给我了 我们是不可能的” |
[05:23] | All these mixed messages. | 这些互相矛盾的信息 |
[05:25] | I’m curious about your relationship with your father. | 我很想知道你和你父亲的关系 |
[05:29] | – Why? – I know he’s in prison, | -为什么 -我知道他在监狱 |
[05:31] | but what about before that? | 但在那之前呢 |
[05:33] | Was he… | 他是… |
[05:34] | an egoist? A little cruel? | 非常自我吗 有点冷血 |
[05:37] | That’s none of your business. | 这不关你的事 |
[05:38] | He was a bit of a megalomaniac, wasn’t he? | 他有点妄自尊大 对吧 |
[05:41] | I refuse to sit here and listen to this. | 我拒绝坐在这听你说这种话 |
[05:42] | But it sounds familiar, doesn’t it? | 但这听着挺熟悉吧 |
[05:44] | A sociopath who’s only in it for himself? | 一个只顾自己的反社会变态狂 |
[05:47] | Who makes you feel exactly as small | 让你感觉自己 |
[05:49] | as you believe yourself to be? | 如想象的那样一文不值 |
[05:51] | Funny how we do that, isn’t it, Astrid? | 人性真难以捉摸 对吧 阿斯特丽德 |
[05:52] | I’m gonna tell them you approached me. | 我会告诉他们你找过我 |
[05:54] | Don’t follow me again. | 别再跟踪我了 |
[05:56] | You won that election, Astrid. | 你赢了那次竞选 阿斯特丽德 |
[05:58] | The principal told me. They counted the ballots. You won. | 校长告诉我的 他们统计了票数 你胜出了 |
[06:04] | It should be you running against us. | 本该是你和我们竞选的 |
[06:07] | I mean, no. It shouldn’t. That would be insane. But, still… | 不 不行 那样就太疯狂了 无论如何 |
[06:13] | you were robbed. | 你被截胡了 |
[06:15] | Let me just get this straight. | 让我理理清楚 |
[06:16] | Your price for helping us is setting you up with Infinity? | 我们获得你帮助的代价是 撮合你和英菲尼蒂 |
[06:18] | That’s my price, dick. | 那就是我的要求 蠢货 |
[06:21] | Does he know? | 他知道这件事吗 |
[06:22] | – Does Payton know he lost? – No. | -佩顿知道他输了吗 -不 |
[06:24] | No, no way. That’s not how we’re doing this. | 不行 我们不会为了竞选这么做 |
[06:26] | Yes. Yes, Astrid, | 知道 阿斯特丽德 |
[06:28] | he does. | 他知道 |
[06:32] | I’ll think about it. | 我会考虑一下 |
[06:38] | It’s a deal. | 成交 |
[08:12] | So, in a way, | 从某种程度上来说 |
[08:13] | it’s kind of refreshing to have an independent candidate | 有一位像霍巴特先生这样的无党派独立候选人 |
[08:17] | like Mr. Hobart running. | 令人耳目一新 |
[08:19] | And– and no matter what the polls say, | 不管民意测验结果如何 |
[08:21] | he should stay in the race to the end. | 他都该一路高歌竞选到底 |
[08:23] | I think history has shown | 我认为历史表明了 |
[08:25] | that single-issue candidates are good for democracy. | 单一议题的候选人都对民主有利 |
[08:29] | I thought this was gonna be a civil conversation. | 我还以为这是一次文明的谈话 |
[08:31] | Elvis, I am hardly a one-issue candidate. | 艾维斯 我根本不是单一议题候选人 |
[08:33] | Well, if I were going to be uncivil, | 如果我真的不客气的话 |
[08:34] | I would mention how I’m not sure | 我就会说 我十分不确定 |
[08:36] | you’re even qualified to be in this race. | 你是否有资格参与本次竞选 |
[08:38] | You enrolled at NYU, | 你被纽约大学录取了 |
[08:40] | what, three years ago? | 这是三年前的事吧 |
[08:42] | Well, Senator, if you’d bothered to read my election filing, | 参议员 如果你花点时间看看我的竞选档案 |
[08:45] | you would know that | 你就会了解 |
[08:45] | I’ve actually been a legal resident of New York since age 14. | 我其实从十四岁开始就是纽约的合法居民了 |
[08:48] | And how did you manage that? | 你是怎么办到的呢 |
[08:52] | My father’s LLC is headquartered here, in New York. | 我父亲的有限责任公司 总部设立在纽约 |
[08:56] | Um, my family has owned a home in Montauk | 我家人在蒙托克有一所房子 |
[08:57] | for several generations. | 代代相传 |
[08:58] | As a matter of fact, | 事实上 |
[08:59] | I got a New York State driver’s license | 我在刚满十六岁的夏天 |
[09:01] | the summer that I turned 16. | 就考取了纽约州的驾照 |
[09:03] | Which you immediately took back to your high school | 然后你马上带着驾照回到原来的高中了 |
[09:05] | in Santa Barbara, California. | 也就是加利福尼亚州 圣巴巴拉 |
[09:08] | Sounds like a real New Yorker to me. | 听起来你还真是个地道的纽约人 |
[09:12] | Okay, we’ve got about five minutes left. | 好了 我们还剩大约五分钟 |
[09:15] | Payton, are you a “single-issue” candidate? | 佩顿 你是”单一议题”候选人吗 |
[09:20] | Of course not. | 当然不是 |
[09:22] | And the idea that Senator Standish | 斯丹迪施议员的想法是 |
[09:25] | would characterize a platform | 打造一个平台 |
[09:26] | that is centered around making green energy | 以绿色能源制造为整座城市的中心 |
[09:28] | this city’s highest priority | 和首要任务 |
[09:30] | by making New York carbon neutral in four years, | 通过在未来的四年维持纽约的碳平衡 |
[09:32] | to suggest that all of that | 她提出的这些 |
[09:35] | is some sort of pipe dream, | 其实都是在空想 |
[09:36] | that just shows how out of touch she is, | 这反而说明她有多么脱离社会 |
[09:38] | and it underlines the need | 这也正突出了 |
[09:40] | for a new generation of young leaders, who… | 新一代年轻领导人的需求 |
[09:44] | forgive me, aren’t going to be dead in 20 years, | 请见谅 我们不会在未来二十年里死去 |
[09:46] | but will be here… | 而是会在这里 |
[09:48] | …living in a climate catastrophe | 生活在气候灾难之中 |
[09:50] | that threatens all of civilization as we know it, all right? | 且如我们所知 威胁着所有文明 明白吗 |
[09:52] | It is young people, | 年轻人 |
[09:53] | people who have never cast a ballot before in their lives, | 即有生之年从未投过票的人 |
[09:56] | who know that this is the greatest threat we face, as a species, | 明白这是人类作为物种所面临的最大威胁的人 |
[10:00] | and who know that we have the solutions to act now. | 明白我们有解决方案的人 你们该行动了 |
[10:10] | Trillions of dollars. | 数万亿美元 |
[10:12] | Say that again, Senator. Everybody didn’t hear you. | 再说一遍 参议员 大家都没听到 |
[10:15] | This plan you just outlined, Payton. | 你刚才描述的这个计划 佩顿 |
[10:18] | Uh, doing the quick math in my head, | 我在脑海里简单算了一下 |
[10:20] | trillions with a t. | 数万亿美金 |
[10:22] | That’s thousands of billions of dollars. | 也就是数千个十亿美金 |
[10:24] | This is great lip service, | 很精彩的纸上谈兵 |
[10:27] | and I’m sure it will play out wonderfully | 我相信如果是你母亲在加州的竞选 |
[10:30] | for your mother’s campaign in California, but… | 这种承诺会取得很好的效果 但是 |
[10:32] | …this is New York, and we know better! | 这里是纽约 我们不会被轻易糊弄 |
[10:37] | These are not serious proposals, Payton. | 这些都是不可行的提议 佩顿 |
[10:40] | If you had done your research… | 如果你做过调查 |
[10:42] | …you would know | 你就会知道 |
[10:43] | that I just cosponsored a bill that passed into law, | 我共同发起的一项提案刚成为了法律 |
[10:45] | mandating 2.4 gigawatts | 为一万户低收入居民 |
[10:48] | of offshore wind power and no-cost solar energy | 保证了二点四兆瓦的离岸式风电 |
[10:52] | for 10,000 low-income residents | 和无成本太阳能电力 |
[10:55] | without raising taxes on a single resident in this state. | 而且不用向这个州内的居民多收一分税 |
[10:58] | Those are real results from a real candidate | 这才是一个真正候选人的真实政绩 |
[11:01] | who’s been working her ass off for the last 35 years | 也是我过去三十五年来拼命在做的事 |
[11:04] | and doesn’t have time | 所以我无暇理会 |
[11:05] | for stunt candidacies launched by unserious people. | 由不负责的人选出的 只会耍嘴皮子的候选人 |
[11:16] | I should’ve brought up the throuple. | 我应该提起三人行的事 |
[11:19] | It was right on the tip of my tongue. | 我差点就脱口而出了 |
[11:20] | I’m glad you took the high road. | 我很高兴你没和她计较 |
[11:22] | Now, eat your sundae. | 吃你的圣代吧 |
[11:24] | Only thing more depressing than a hopeless politician | 宁愿做一个失意的政治家 |
[11:26] | – is a melted ice-cream sundae. – I’m not four years old. | -也不吃融化的冰淇淋圣代 -我又不是四岁小孩 |
[11:29] | Ice cream won’t solve my problems. | 冰淇淋不能解决我的问题 |
[11:31] | I know, | 我明白 |
[11:33] | which is why I also brought you | 所以我还给你带了 |
[11:35] | these marijuana gummies | 这些大麻软糖 |
[11:38] | and this miniature margarita kit. | 还有这个迷你玛格丽塔调酒器 |
[11:43] | And I’m also wearing very provocative undergarments. | 而且我还穿了很性感的内衣 |
[11:46] | You’re so good to me. | 你对我太好了 |
[11:50] | I love you. | 我爱你 |
[11:51] | I didn’t run out on my wedding | 我逃婚不只是 |
[11:53] | just to be with you for the good times. | 为了和你一同享乐 |
[11:56] | For better or worse. | 顺境或逆境 |
[11:58] | In sickness and in health, and… | 疾病或健康 |
[12:03] | – …all that. – I know you’re anxious for me to propose. | -你知道的 -我明白你急着让我求婚 |
[12:10] | The last thing I want to be is a distraction. | 我最不希望分散你的精力 |
[12:11] | Why? Come here. You’re the opposite of that, okay? | 怎么会 过来 你只会让我精力更集中 |
[12:14] | And we are going to get married as soon as this campaign’s over. | 这次竞选一结束我们就结婚 |
[12:19] | – Assuming you’ll wanna marry a loser. – Stop that right now. | -如果你还愿意嫁给一个输家的话 -别那么说 |
[12:23] | And stop listening to James and McAfee | 别再听詹姆斯和迈克菲的了 |
[12:25] | and their poll-tested ideas. | 还有他们民意测验的意见了 |
[12:27] | I’ve been doing some of my own polling. | 我在做一些自己的民意测验 |
[12:29] | Your climate-change ideas are really resonating with new voters, | 你气候变化的想法能引起新选民的强烈共鸣 |
[12:32] | – young voters. – Thank you. | -年轻的选民 -谢谢 |
[12:35] | They’re the key. | 他们是关键 |
[12:37] | They’re a mirage, okay? The white whale of politics. | 他们只是幻影 是政治的白鲸 |
[12:41] | Campaigns chase them, | 竞选活动追着他们跑 |
[12:41] | but the stats don’t lie. Young people don’t vote. | 但数据不会说谎 年轻人就是不投票 |
[12:43] | Twenty percent of eligible voters 18-25 actually vote. | 18到25岁的选民中只有20%的人投票 |
[12:46] | They get all fired up, right? About the guns and, | 他们总是愤愤不平 谈论着枪支 |
[12:49] | you know, climate change and economic inequality. | 气候变化和经济不平等 |
[12:51] | And then, they just sit around, | 但他们只是坐在那里 |
[12:53] | drinking lattes on Wednesday morning, | 在周三早上喝着拿铁 |
[12:55] | saying, “Oh, wasn’t the election yesterday?” | 说着”竞选不是昨天吗” |
[12:57] | Okay, stop making things complicated. | 好了 别把事情搞复杂了 |
[13:01] | One issue, the climate. | 一个议题 气候问题 |
[13:05] | Hit it hard, over and over. | 着重讨论 反复强调 |
[13:08] | That’s how you’re going to win. | 这样你就能赢 |
[13:11] | You’re so smart, | 你好聪明 |
[13:12] | and I’m so in love with you. | 我好爱你 |
[13:15] | And I know what I have to do to win this race, | 我知道我该怎么做才能赢 |
[13:17] | go to LA and get my mom to drop out of hers. | 去洛杉矶让我妈退出竞选 |
[13:24] | My mother returned from Bhutan with a new sense of purpose. | 我母亲从不丹回来后 有了新的感悟 |
[13:27] | She was penniless from her divorce, | 她离婚后身无分文 |
[13:28] | but she found her renewed purpose | 但她找到了自己的新目标 |
[13:29] | as the top fundraiser and de facto leader | 成为”海洋二号”项目的 |
[13:32] | of a program called “Oceana 2”. | 主要筹款人和实际领导者 |
[13:34] | Their mission is to catch dolphins, one by one, | 他们的任务是逐一地捕捉海豚 |
[13:37] | and carefully operate to remove plastics | 并小心地将塑料 |
[13:39] | from their digestive tracts. | 从它们的消化道中移除 |
[13:41] | My mom found out about Oceana 2 from Infinity. | 我母亲从英菲尼蒂那知道了”海洋二号”项目 |
[13:44] | Infinity had become quietly passionate about the environment | 英菲尼蒂在图书签售会中 悄然地对环境问题 |
[13:47] | during her book tour. | 产生了热情 |
[13:48] | She even considered changing her last name to “Degrees” | 她甚至考虑过把自己的姓改成”温度” |
[13:51] | to bring attention to the ever-warming climate. | 以引起人们对日益变暖的气候的关注 |
[13:54] | Her and my mom had been Instagram buddies for a couple of years, | 她跟我母亲是好几年的图享好友 |
[13:57] | so when my mom was looking for a way | 因此 当我母亲在寻找参与 |
[13:58] | to get involved with fighting climate change, | 对抗气候变化的途径时 |
[14:00] | Infinity was happy to make all the necessary introductions. | 英菲尼蒂很乐意为她做了必要的引荐 |
[14:03] | It was in her capacity as fund-raiser | 我母亲通过了她 |
[14:04] | that my mother found herself | 参与了亿万富翁 |
[14:06] | at billionaire Alison Mendelsohn’s Malibu mansion | 艾莉森·门德尔松位于马里布豪宅中的 |
[14:09] | for a Game of Thrones finale viewing party. | 《权力的游戏》大结局观影派对 |
[14:12] | Alison was a huge Game of Thrones fan. | 艾莉森是《权力的游戏》的忠实粉丝 |
[14:13] | Her opinion of the final episodes was… | 她对大结局的感受是 |
[14:17] | …less than enthusiastic. | 失望 |
[14:20] | Mom falls in love almost as easily as she falls out of it. | 母亲坠入爱河几乎和失恋一样容易 |
[14:22] | She and Alison became inseparable. | 她和艾莉森变得形影不离 |
[14:24] | I understand that she’d lost everyone important to her | 我明白当乔拉爵士 米桑黛和另一条龙死去时 |
[14:26] | when Ser Jorah and Missandei and the other dragon died, | 她失去了所有对她来说重要的人 |
[14:30] | but are they saying that | 但他们难道是说 |
[14:31] | every woman who goes through a hard time | 每个经历了艰难时期的女人 |
[14:32] | – goes completely psycho? – Can we talk about something else? | -都会彻底精神失常吗 -我们能聊点别的吗 |
[14:37] | We are in a climate emergency! | 我们正处于气候危机状态中 |
[14:40] | California emission standards are being threatened. | 加州的排放标准正受到威胁 |
[14:43] | Our agribusinesses can’t find workers. | 我们的农企找不到工人 |
[14:46] | Wildfire season is year-round. | 全年都是野火季 |
[14:48] | And manufacturers are abusing our lax organic-labeling laws. | 而制造商在滥用我们宽松的有机标签法 |
[14:52] | You’re constantly complaining about this stuff. | 你总是不停地抱怨这些事 |
[14:55] | Why don’t you just run for governor? | 不如你干脆去竞选州长好了 |
[14:59] | You know what? | 你猜怎么着 |
[15:02] | I will. | 我会的 |
[15:08] | She was ahead in the polls within moments | 她刚宣布参选 瞬间就在民调里 |
[15:10] | – of announcing her candidacy. – That’s great. | -遥遥领先了 -真不错 |
[15:12] | So, I said to Kissinger, “That’s okay, | 我跟基辛格说”没关系 |
[15:15] | Princess Margaret and I aren’t wearing any underwear either.” | 玛格丽特公主和我也不穿内衣” |
[15:18] | Men love her, women love her, | 男人爱她 女人爱她 |
[15:20] | rich, poor, liberal, conservative. | 富人穷人 民主党共和党 都爱她 |
[15:22] | When my mother shines her light on you, | 当我母亲向你闪耀她的光芒时 |
[15:24] | it feels like all is right in the world. | 你会感觉这世界都美好了 |
[15:26] | At that moment, she was shining that light across the entirety | 那一刻 她的光芒闪耀在了整个 |
[15:28] | of the great state of California. | 加利福尼亚州的土地之上 |
[15:29] | Between her natural abilities and Alison’s bottomless pockets, | 凭着她的天赋和艾莉森无尽的财富 |
[15:32] | your mom is sucking up all of the Hobart political oxygen. | 你母亲吸光了霍巴特家族所有的政治氧气 |
[15:36] | It isn’t just the press or the pundits. | 不仅是媒体或权威人士 |
[15:38] | The people love her. | 人们都喜欢她 |
[15:40] | Every time I talk to a reporter, they just ask about her. | 每次我和记者谈话 他们都只是问她 |
[15:43] | And– And when we send those “get out the vote” e-mails, | 而且当我们发出那些”请投票”的电邮时 |
[15:46] | over half the response was, | 超出一半的回复是 |
[15:47] | “Why am I getting this? I can’t vote in California.” | “为什么我会收到这个 我又不能在加州投票” |
[15:49] | She’s stealing my thunder. | 她抢了我的风头 |
[15:53] | Am I a terrible son for doing this? | 我这样做是个糟糕的儿子吗 |
[15:56] | Get going. You’re gonna miss your flight. | 该走了 你要赶不上飞机了 |
[16:00] | And don’t worry. | 别担心 |
[16:01] | When has she ever denied you something you’ve asked of her? | 她什么时候拒绝过你对她提出的要求 |
[16:07] | Everyone, stand by. Ten seconds. Please take your seats. | 大家准备好 十秒倒计时 请入座 |
[16:14] | In five, four, three, two… | 五 四 三 二 一 |
[16:17] | Welcome to the first California gubernatorial debate from CNN. | 欢迎来到CNN第一场加州州长竞选人辩论 |
[16:31] | Welcome. We have two hours. | 欢迎各位 我们有两个小时时间 |
[16:33] | Still, I’d like to get right into it. | 不过我还是想直奔主题 |
[16:35] | CNN加州 州长竞选人辩论 | |
[16:35] | Uh, Assemblyman Andrich, I’d like to start with you. | 安德里奇议员 我想从你开始 |
[16:37] | Forty-five percent of state revenue in California | 加州45%的州收入来自于 |
[16:40] | comes from the top 1 percent of earners. | 1%的最高收入人群 |
[16:43] | You’re proposing a 30-percent tax cut for that 1 percent, | 你建议为那1%的人减税30% |
[16:47] | creating, by your own math, | 根据你自己的计算 |
[16:48] | a budget shortfall of $500 billion. | 会造成五千亿美元的预算缺口 |
[16:52] | – How do you close that gap? – First of all, Jake, | -你如何来填补这一缺口 -首先 杰克 |
[16:54] | Californians are some of the most taxed | 加州人是地球上 |
[16:57] | human beings on the planet. | 纳税最多的人群之一 |
[16:58] | And I wanna lower taxes on middle-class families, | 我还想降低中产阶级家庭的税收 |
[17:02] | who are the true engine of the state’s economy. | 他们是本州经济运作真正的动力 |
[17:04] | Miss Hobart, would you care to respond? | 霍巴特女士 你想回应他吗 |
[17:06] | No, I don’t. He’s a creep, | 我不想 他是个变态 |
[17:07] | and his poll numbers reflect that. | 他的民调数据反映了这一点 |
[17:10] | All right, uh, Ms. Hobart, uh, but let’s stay with you. | 好吧 霍巴特女士 我们继续 |
[17:13] | This week, you stated at a fundraiser | 本周 你在一个筹款活动上说 |
[17:15] | that you thought Californians should | 你认为加州人应该 |
[17:16] | take time out of their day to, quote, | 抽出时间来 你的原话是 |
[17:19] | “hug a tree.” | “拥抱树木” |
[17:21] | How do you respond to voters who think | 你如何回应那些认为 |
[17:22] | your campaign is just not serious? | 你不是在认真严肃的竞选的选民 |
[17:24] | Have you ever seen a redwood, Jake? In person? | 你见过红杉树吗 杰克 亲眼见过吗 |
[17:29] | Every human being who has ever seen a redwood in real life | 每一个在现实生活中见过红杉树的人 |
[17:33] | has gone up to that tree and hugged it, | 都会走到那棵树前拥抱它 |
[17:36] | and, for one fleeting moment, | 在那短暂的瞬间 |
[17:39] | felt more grateful to be alive | 更加感恩自己的生命 |
[17:40] | and more humble to be in the state of California, | 并更加谦逊 为自己能生活在加州 |
[17:43] | one of the most beautiful places on earth. | 这个地球上最美丽的地方之一 |
[17:46] | The people who think my campaign is unserious | 那些认为我对待竞选不严肃的人 |
[17:49] | are dishonest journalists | 都是些不诚实的记者 |
[17:51] | who do not know me and have made no attempt to contact me, | 他们不了解我 也没有试图联系过我 |
[17:54] | and right-wing Republican news organizations | 以及右翼共和党新闻机构 |
[17:57] | who’ve been engaged in decades-long propaganda | 他们已经进行了长达数十年的宣传 |
[18:01] | to divide this country along any number of cultural lines, | 试图以各种各样的文化界限来分裂这个国家 |
[18:04] | because they make a ton of money doing it. | 因为他们这样做赚得盆满钵满 |
[18:06] | And they’re good at it! They’ve won! | 而且他们很擅长 他们赢了 |
[18:09] | We can’t agree on policy in this country, | 我们无法就这个国家的政策达成共识 |
[18:12] | because we can’t agree on facts. | 因为我们无法就事实达成共识 |
[18:14] | Okay, I’d like to move on. | 好的 我想换个话题 |
[18:15] | And that’s why I think California | 所以我认为加州 |
[18:18] | should secede from the Union. | 应该脱离联邦 |
[18:22] | I’m sorry. Would you care to elaborate? | 不好意思 你能详细说明一下吗 |
[18:25] | California should be its own independent country. | 加州应该成为独立的国家 |
[18:32] | Most of our federal tax dollars go out of state | 我们的联邦税收大部分都流向了州外 |
[18:35] | to people who think that we are pot-smoking, | 给了那些认为我们是吸食大麻的 |
[18:38] | Satan-worshipping abortion doctors or something. | 崇拜撒旦的堕胎医生之类的人手中 |
[18:41] | Who can’t shut up | 他们喋喋不休地说着 |
[18:43] | about how our high taxes are strangling the private sector. | 我们的高税收如何扼杀了私营企业 |
[18:47] | And yet, somehow, California manages to remain | 然而 加州仍然设法保持住了 |
[18:50] | the world leader. | 世界领先地位 |
[18:51] | In growth, industry, | 在经济增长 工业发展 |
[18:52] | innovation, and culture. | 创新思潮 文化体系方面 |
[18:54] | We have the best public-university system | 我们拥有人类历史上最棒的 |
[18:57] | in the history of humankind. | 公立大学体系 |
[18:59] | So maybe, | 那或许 |
[19:01] | just maybe, we are doing something right. | 或许 我们做了正确的事 |
[19:05] | And you have to ask yourself, eventually, | 最终 我们也要问问自己 |
[19:08] | “Are we ever gonna change their minds? | “我们有朝一日能改变他们的观念吗 |
[19:11] | Are we ever gonna change them?” | 我们真的能改变他们吗” |
[19:14] | No! | 不可能 |
[19:16] | This state is in a bad marriage. | 加州现在处于糟糕的婚姻中 |
[19:20] | And what do you do when you’re in a bad marriage? | 面对糟糕的婚姻 我们应该怎么办呢 |
[19:23] | You get a divorce. | 我们应该离婚 |
[19:25] | Sorry, Texas and West Virginia and Alabama, | 抱歉 得克萨斯州 西弗吉尼亚州和阿拉巴马州 |
[19:30] | I’m sure you’re beautiful deep down inside, | 我相信你们一定有一颗美丽的心灵 |
[19:32] | but we’re moving on. | 但我们不是同路人 |
[19:36] | And New York, if you’re listening, | 纽约州 如果你也在听我的演讲 |
[19:38] | why don’t you join us? We’d make a great country. | 加入我们吧 我们将建立起强盛的国家 |
[19:41] | Illinois? | 伊利诺伊州 |
[19:42] | We’d be totally down for that too. | 非常欢迎与我们同行 |
[19:46] | And if you’re watching at home | 如果您正在家里观看我的演讲 |
[19:48] | and this sounds interesting to you, | 您也对我的想法感兴趣 |
[19:49] | go to my website or use the hashtag | 请访问我的网站 或用这个超话 |
[19:53] | “let’s get the Cal outta here.” | “变加州为独立之国” |
[19:56] | Thank you. | 谢谢你们 |
[20:00] | Okay. Okay. | 好 好 |
[20:02] | Please, quiet down, everyone. | 请大家安静 |
[20:05] | No one’s gonna go see a movie that’s just two hours | 没人想在影院待两小时 |
[20:07] | of Sia silently making snacks. | 看希雅默默地做零食 |
[20:09] | So, I see Mom got you two jobs | 我听说妈妈把你俩送去 |
[20:11] | at Alison Mendelsohn’s movie company? | 艾莉森·门德尔松的制片公司打工 |
[20:12] | Yeah. | 对 |
[20:13] | She didn’t mind we don’t have college degrees. | 她不在乎我们没读大学 |
[20:16] | Don’t judge us. We’re actually making a difference. | 别指手画脚的 我们现在可是有所作为 |
[20:19] | Also, I hear you’re ten points down. | 还有 我听说你落后十个百分点 |
[20:22] | – For the moment. – Yeah, good luck with that. | -暂时而已 -行吧 祝你好运 |
[20:24] | Boys, are we really gonna continue to poke at each other | 小伙子们 我们一起经历了这么多事 |
[20:27] | after all that we’ve been through? | 兄友弟恭一点不好吗 |
[20:29] | We’ve come out the other side so much better. | 现在我们都苦尽甘来了 |
[20:32] | Payton has a new campaign, | 佩顿有了新的竞选 |
[20:34] | you boys are employed, | 你俩找到了工作 |
[20:36] | I have a new love, a new passion. | 我有了新的爱人和新的激情 |
[20:39] | Can’t say the same for Dad. | 爸过得估计没你这么惬意 |
[20:41] | Your father was actually | 你爸其实一直 |
[20:42] | always very drawn to tradition and ritual, | 特别喜欢传统和仪式感 |
[20:45] | so I bet you this is the most settled he’s ever been in his life. | 所以我敢说 他从来没过得像现在这么滋润 |
[20:48] | Becoming an Orthodox Jew? | 变成了正统犹太人 |
[20:50] | Yes. I hear he married a lovely Jewess | 对 我听说他和一个戴假发的 |
[20:52] | who wears a wig, and they’re very happy. | 可爱的犹太女人结婚了 婚姻很幸福 |
[20:55] | Why don’t you boys run along | 不如你们先走开 |
[20:56] | so that Payton and I can properly catch up? | 让我和佩顿好好聊聊天 |
[21:00] | She never makes us sandwiches. | 她从来不给咱俩做三明治 |
[21:05] | You look wonderful. | 你看起来春风得意 |
[21:07] | Isn’t Alison great? | 艾莉森可棒了 对吧 |
[21:09] | I mean, I know she’s a little single-minded, | 我知道她可能太心无旁骛了一点 |
[21:11] | but all great women are. | 但干大事的女人都这样 |
[21:13] | Mom, I need you to end your campaign. | 妈妈 我需要你退出竞选 |
[21:16] | What? | 什么 |
[21:18] | But I’m going to win. | 但我要赢了 |
[21:19] | Yes, and I am going to lose. | 没错 而我要输了 |
[21:21] | Your candidacy is killing my dream. | 你的选举大业正在扼杀我的梦想 |
[21:23] | But… is it my fault that you’re ten points behind? | 可是 你落后了十个点 这是我的错吗 |
[21:27] | Mom, I love you, but you are a distraction. | 妈妈 我爱你 但你太耀眼了 |
[21:31] | I’m this big, bright star standing right next to the sun. | 我就像太阳旁边的一颗耀眼的星星 |
[21:34] | In broad daylight. | 还是在大白天 |
[21:36] | Well, then, you’re gonna need to shine brighter, | 那你得让自己更耀眼一些 |
[21:38] | not ask me to dim. | 而不是让我韬光养晦 |
[21:40] | But I’ve tried everything. | 我什么方法都试过了 |
[21:42] | You haven’t tried being yourself. | 你没试过做自己 |
[21:45] | I’m a politician. I have no self. | 我是一名政客 我没有自我 |
[21:48] | Well, then, you’re gonna have to find one | 那你得建立起一个 |
[21:49] | that’s authentic as possible | 足够真诚的人设 |
[21:50] | so that voters believe that you do. | 这样选民们才会相信你 |
[21:53] | People don’t believe you because you don’t believe you. | 你不相信自己 所以别人才不相信你 |
[21:56] | Maybe I’m not even good at this. You know? | 我可能其实并不擅长这种事 |
[21:59] | Maybe our privileged upbringing | 可能我只是因为家境优渥 |
[22:00] | gave me a false sense of confidence. | 才让我对自己盲目自信 |
[22:02] | What if– What if I’m no different than the twins? | 如果我和双胞胎一样 也是个草包怎么办 |
[22:06] | Honey, those boys are Ferraris with golf-cart engines. | 宝贝 那两个小子就是银样镴枪头 |
[22:12] | You are the real deal. | 而你是人中龙凤 |
[22:15] | You’re just driving in the wrong direction. | 只是偶尔迷失了方向而已 |
[22:17] | How can you be so sure? | 你怎么能确定呢 |
[22:19] | Because I’m your mother, and I know you better than anyone. | 因为我是你母亲 知子莫如母 |
[22:24] | It’s about authenticity, Payton, okay? | 在真诚度上下下功夫 佩顿 好吗 |
[22:27] | Okay. | 好 |
[22:30] | I’m here to see Hadassah Gold. | 我想见哈达莎·戈尔德 |
[22:31] | – And who are you? – Andrew. | -你叫什么名字 -安德鲁 |
[22:34] | I wanna be an intern. | 我想在这里实习 |
[22:36] | Well, okay. If you’d like to fill out an application, | 是吗 如果你想填申请表 |
[22:38] | why don’t you go somewhere else? | 你怎么不去其他公司呢 |
[22:40] | Because we don’t hire interns. | 我们不收实习生 |
[22:43] | I saw the way you looked me up and down. You othered me. | 我看到你刚刚怎么打量我了 你这是歧视 |
[22:47] | Are you aware that the width of the doorway I just walked through | 你知不知道我刚走过的那条门道的宽度 |
[22:50] | is not compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act? | 不符合《美国残疾人法案》的规定 |
[22:53] | Well, you made it just fine, so congratulations. | 你这不是走过来了吗 恭喜你 |
[22:56] | Let me read to you from the subchapter on employment. | 让我来为你读一下雇佣部分的副章 |
[22:59] | Great, and while you do that, | 好啊 与此同时 |
[23:01] | I’m just gonna rub the side | 我会用我的中指 |
[23:02] | of my nose here with my middle finger. | 按摩鼻翼 |
[23:04] | Just hold right there. | 保持这个姿势别动 |
[23:05] | I’m going to take a picture of you… | 我要给你拍张照… |
[23:07] | and then tweet it | 用上”歧视”的超话 |
[23:09] | with the word “bigot” | 发到推特上 |
[23:10] | to the American Association of People with Disabilities. | 发给美国残疾人协会 |
[23:12] | Holy fuck, you little shit. | 操你妈 你个小混蛋 |
[23:15] | I’m gonna get you in to Hadassah right now. | 我现在就带你去见哈达莎 |
[23:17] | Bitch is gonna tear you a new one. | 那贱人会好好收拾你一顿 |
[23:20] | So, I graduated in June, with a BA in mathematics– | 我在六月拿到了文学学士学位 读的是数学专业 |
[23:23] | I’m gonna stop you right there. | 你不必再说下去了 |
[23:25] | I don’t know what you said to Sherry, | 我不知道你对雪莉说了什么 |
[23:28] | but she hates you, | 但她可讨厌你了 |
[23:29] | which brightens my day immensely. | 这让我特别高兴 |
[23:32] | You’re hired. You’re gonna be my Sherry whisperer. | 你来上班吧 专门负责盯着雪莉 |
[23:35] | And by whisperer, I mean tormentor. | 言外之意 请你好好折磨她 |
[23:38] | What a bitch. | 她可真是个贱人 |
[23:40] | Okay, great. | 好 真棒 |
[23:42] | And a math major? Fantastic! | 你读的是数学专业对吧 太棒了 |
[23:44] | We’re bringing in all this new IT bullshit, | 我们在引进计算机技术那些玩意 |
[23:46] | brand-new computers, a whole data team. | 买了新电脑 还雇了一支数据团队 |
[23:48] | That’s what campaigns are all about these days, evidently. | 显然 这年头竞选就是搞这些 |
[23:52] | Thank you, Ms. Gold. | 谢谢您 戈尔德女士 |
[23:54] | This is a dream come true. | 是您让我梦想成真 |
[23:56] | Find yourself a desk somewhere. | 你自己去找张桌子吧 |
[24:03] | Well, hello. | 你好啊 |
[24:06] | I thought about it, and I’m in. | 我考虑过了 我加入 |
[24:08] | I love the cloak-and-dagger routine. | 我真喜欢这间谍似的接头 |
[24:10] | I’ll do it on one condition. | 我有一个条件 |
[24:12] | When I run for office, whenever that may be, | 等我竞选公职时 不管那是什么时候的事 |
[24:14] | you run my campaign. | 你来负责我的竞选活动 |
[24:15] | – Sounds fun. I like it. – Good. | -听着挺有意思 我喜欢 -很好 |
[24:17] | So, you have a problem. Your candidate’s in a throuple. | 你面临一个问题 你的候选人在搞三人行 |
[24:23] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[24:24] | A three-way relationship. | 三角恋 |
[24:25] | And Payton knows about it. So, you should get on that. | 佩顿知道这件事 所以你着手解决这事 |
[24:32] | So, how is the campaign going? I see you’re well ahead. | 竞选如何啊 我看你遥遥领先啊 |
[24:35] | Well, that’s what Hadassah tells me, and, um… | 哈达莎是这么和我说的 |
[24:39] | honestly, it’s old hat, at this point. | 说实话 目前还是老一套 |
[24:41] | This is, like, my 12th or 13th campaign. | 这是我的第12还是13次竞选 |
[24:45] | Yeah, but the kid is only ten points behind you. | 是啊 可那小毛孩只落后你十个点 |
[24:49] | Yes, sure. I mean– I mean, look… | 没错 是这样 听着 |
[24:52] | there are a lot of people in my district | 我的选区里有很多人 |
[24:55] | that aren’t that engaged. | 不是那么循规蹈矩 |
[24:57] | All they only ever want to do is lodge a protest vote | 他们只想着用投票表示抗议 |
[24:59] | saying, “F the system.” | 说一句”去他妈的制度吧” |
[25:00] | And, you know, here’s this fetus, | 如今这个小毛孩突然跑出来 |
[25:02] | and then there are a lot of young people | 自然会有不少年轻人 |
[25:04] | who are very excited about the idea of somebody like that. | 对投票给这种人的想法感到兴奋 |
[25:07] | You know how it is. It’s part of the landscape. | 你了解的 这行就这样 |
[25:11] | But see, that’s what worries me. | 但你瞧 那正是让我担心的情况 |
[25:14] | Senator, you’re– you’re worried? | 参议员 你… 你担心 |
[25:16] | The people you’re talking about, | 你所说的那些人 |
[25:18] | the ones who get excited about voting for a kid. | 对投票给小毛孩感到兴奋的人 |
[25:21] | At reelection, that slice of the pie | 在连任竞选中 这部分的人 |
[25:23] | is getting bigger and bigger. | 比重越来越大了 |
[25:26] | And your voters, | 投你票的人呢 |
[25:27] | the ones who cast a ballot | 那些在过去40年里 |
[25:28] | in every election for the past 40 years, | 每次选举都投票的人 |
[25:32] | I hate to say it, but they’re dying off. | 我不想这么说 可他们正在慢慢死光 |
[25:36] | I’m sorry. | 不好意思 |
[25:38] | – Are you suggesting that I’m too old? – Oh, come on. | -你是暗示我太老了吗 -别这样 |
[25:42] | Because I thought that’s what drew you to me, | 因为我以为你正是看中了我这点 |
[25:45] | my pragmatism, my experience, | 我的务实 我的经验 |
[25:47] | to make up for the fact that you… | 来弥补你… |
[25:50] | haven’t been doing this for very long. | 才刚入行不久 |
[25:54] | I’m saying it could be used against us. | 我说的是这个情况可能被用来对付我们 |
[25:57] | When I look at your campaign, | 我看你的竞选活动时 |
[25:59] | who’s running it, the slogans, you… | 竞选负责人 口号 你… |
[26:01] | it reeks of old politics. | 充斥着老派政治的味道 |
[26:04] | And it’s not me who’s smelling it. | 而闻到这种味道的并不是我 |
[26:05] | It’s the 20 percent of your constituency | 而是你选区里宁愿把票 |
[26:07] | who would rather vote for a kid than vote for you. | 投给个毛孩子也不投给你的那20%选民 |
[26:11] | You can’t let this kid get closer to you than ten points. | 你绝不能让那小子把和你的差距缩小到十个点以内 |
[26:16] | If he does, | 如果他做到了 |
[26:17] | I’m gonna have serious questions | 我会对选择你做我的竞选伙伴 |
[26:18] | about your viability as a running mate. | 产生强烈的疑问 |
[26:21] | Dede, we have a family emergency. | 迪迪 家里有急事 |
[26:23] | Hi, Senator, so sorry to interrupt. | 你好参议员 抱歉打断你们 |
[26:25] | You need to come with me. | 你得跟我走 |
[26:27] | I’ll– I’ll call you, Senator. | 我会… 我会打给你的 参议员 |
[26:29] | Where are we going? | 我们去哪 |
[26:30] | To your house. | 去你家 |
[26:31] | – What the hell is happening? – Shut your fucking mouth. | -到底出什么事了 -闭上你的嘴 |
[26:33] | I know about the throuple. | 我知道三人行的事了 |
[26:35] | How did you think you were gonna get away with this? | 你怎么会认为这件事你能蒙混过去呢 |
[26:38] | I don’t know whether to be furious or betrayed. | 我不知道该感到愤怒 还是被出卖了 |
[26:40] | And then I’m like, “Hadassah, why should you have to choose?” | 然后我就想 “哈达莎 干嘛要你来做选择” |
[26:43] | Can we just lower the temperature in here for a second? | 我们能先冷静一下吗 |
[26:45] | You lower the temperature, Marcus! | 你去冷静吧 马科斯 |
[26:47] | Or if it’s too hot in here, | 或如果这里太热了 |
[26:48] | why don’t the three of you all just take off your clothes? | 你们三人不如脱衣服开干吧 |
[26:52] | – You’re sure that they know? – Yes, I’m sure. | -你确定他们知道 -对 |
[26:55] | It was one of their staffers who told me. | 是他们的一个工作人员告诉我的 |
[26:57] | That’s how I found out. | 我是这么才知道的 |
[26:58] | Instead of from one of the actual members of the throuple, | 而不是从三人行中的某个成员嘴里 |
[27:01] | which is what should’ve happened. | 本来应该由你们告诉我 |
[27:03] | Okay, but as far as we know, no one else knows. | 但就我们所知 其他人不知道啊 |
[27:05] | Yeah, and how long do you think that’s gonna last? | 是啊 你觉得这还能维持多久 |
[27:08] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你为什么不告诉我 |
[27:12] | Hadassah, this was always a personal and private matter. | 哈达莎 这一直都是个人的私事 |
[27:17] | We– We thought the best way for it to remain a secret | 我们觉得让它一直成为秘密的最好方式是 |
[27:20] | – was if only the three of us knew. – Honestly Hadassah, I thought you knew. | -不告诉第四人 -说实话哈达莎 我以为你知道 |
[27:23] | – You what? – Yeah. | -你以为什么 -是啊 |
[27:25] | No. | 不 |
[27:26] | I didn’t know. | 我并不知道 |
[27:27] | I thought he was your great friend or something. | 我以为他是你的好朋友什么的 |
[27:29] | Or maybe you were a little gay or whatever. | 或者也许你有点同性恋倾向 |
[27:31] | Or maybe the two of you had something going on the side, | 或者也许你们俩有点婚外情 |
[27:34] | but never in my life did I imagine | 可我从没想到 |
[27:36] | that the three of you– What? What? | 你们三个居然… 居然 |
[27:38] | You pushed two queen-sized beds together | 你们把两张双人床拼到一起 |
[27:41] | and daisy-chained each other to sleep every night? | 每天晚上拿个花环把三个人串在一起睡觉啊 |
[27:43] | Hey! If you’re gonna be rude– | 如果你要这么粗鲁… |
[27:44] | Get used to it, pal. | 你习惯点吧 哥们 |
[27:46] | Shit’s gonna get real rude | 等到哪一天 |
[27:48] | when this is a blind item on Page Six one day, | 这事上了八卦版面 |
[27:51] | and the next, it’s splashed over the front pages | 接下来全世界各大报纸的头版头条全都是 |
[27:53] | of every newspaper on earth! | 那才真会粗鲁呢 |
[27:54] | Hadassah! | 哈达莎 |
[27:56] | This is manageable. | 这件事可以控制 |
[27:59] | Oh, no, Dede, | 不 迪迪 |
[28:00] | vehicular manslaughter is manageable. | 通肇事致人死亡的事可控 |
[28:03] | This… is batshit! | 这事… 绝对要抓狂 |
[28:06] | That’s what I mean! If it does come out– | 我就是这意思 如果这事爆出去… |
[28:08] | we don’t even know if it will– we just deny, deny, deny. | 我们都不知道它会被爆出去 我们就否认再否认 |
[28:11] | Because, frankly, it does sound like some cockamamie, far-right, | 因为说实话 这听着的确像是脑子有病的极右派 |
[28:13] | Republican talking point that oozed out of the lunatic fringe | 极端分子团体中共和党人的观点 |
[28:16] | like– like a pedophile ring being run out of a DC pizza parlor, | 比如 以披萨店做幌子的恋童癖团伙 |
[28:20] | or Antonin Scalia getting murdered. | 或说安东宁·斯卡利亚是被谋杀的 |
[28:20] | 美国最高法院大法官 2016年去世 有传说是希拉里所为 | |
[28:22] | Here, you and I know just about | 你和我几乎认识 |
[28:25] | every political journalist in New York by name, | 纽约所有的政治记者 |
[28:29] | and if they got a blind item | 如果他们听到流言 |
[28:30] | that Dede Standish was in a throuple, | 说迪迪·斯丹迪施在搞三人行 |
[28:32] | that a woman over 40 | 说40岁以上的女人 |
[28:34] | had even an ounce of sexual allure or desire… | 还居然有一丝丝的性欲或吸引力… |
[28:37] | which they don’t think we do, and they are wrong… | 他们不会这么认为的 而且他们错了… |
[28:40] | …they would just– | 他们只会… |
[28:42] | they would die laughing before they could run it by their editor. | 他们在把报道交给编辑之前自己就先乐死了 |
[28:44] | And even if they look, they won’t find anything. | 即使他们去调查 他们也什么都查不到 |
[28:47] | I mean, we’ve been in public a few times together, but that’s it. | 我们只有几次一起出现在公众场合 仅此而已 |
[28:51] | You asked how we thought we could get away with this. | 你刚才问 我们怎么会认为我们能蒙混过去 |
[28:53] | Well, we’ve been getting away with this for ten years! | 我们这么蒙混了十年了 |
[28:56] | Do they have proof? | 他们有证据吗 |
[28:57] | Do they have a salacious photo or a video? | 他们有香艳的照片或者视频吗 |
[29:00] | A video? Oh, my God. | 视频 我的老天爷啊 |
[29:02] | You do videos? | 你们拍视频吗 |
[29:04] | No, no, no. Of course we don’t do videos. | 没有 我们当然没拍视频 |
[29:06] | Oh, thank God. | 谢天谢地 |
[29:10] | No, no, it was the staffer. | 没有证据 只是那个工作人员 |
[29:13] | She told me she saw you– you three kissing, | 她说看到你们了 你们三个在接吻 |
[29:15] | which… | 这 |
[29:17] | – just the mental picture. – So, one mistake, once. | -光想想这画面 -一个错误 就一次 |
[29:20] | And we knew it. We talked about it in the limo on the way home | 我们也知道 我们在回家的车上谈了这事 |
[29:22] | – as we were all making out… – Making out. | -在我们一起亲热的时候 -亲热 |
[29:25] | Oh, Jesus Christ! | 老天爷啊 |
[29:25] | and swore that this would never happen again. | 并且发誓以后不会出现这种事了 |
[29:28] | That’s the night we get caught. | 我们就是在那晚被看到的 |
[29:30] | Right, but it’s just an image in some girl’s head. | 对 但这只是一个女孩脑中的图像 |
[29:32] | It’s a memory of what she thinks she saw. She has no proof. | 她以为自己看到了 她没有证据 |
[29:36] | It’ll just be her word. | 那只是她的一面之词 |
[29:39] | Come on. | 来 |
[29:44] | Look, I know this is not ideal, | 我知道这不是理想情况 |
[29:48] | and I’m sorry that we kept it from you. | 抱歉我们一直没告诉你 |
[29:53] | I understand that you feel that we betrayed your trust, and… | 我理解你觉得我们背叛了你的信任 而且 |
[29:57] | I, and– We’re gonna do everything | 我 我们会尽全力 |
[29:59] | to gain your trust back again. | 赢回你的信任 |
[30:02] | No. | 不 |
[30:06] | It’s me or him. | 有他没我 有我没他 |
[30:09] | You two end this tonight, | 你们俩今晚就做个了结 |
[30:11] | or I walk, and I walk forever. | 否则我走 再也不回来 |
[30:15] | Like a fucking Jewish Highlander. | 像个犹太高地人一样 |
[30:21] | We’ll discuss it and get back to you. | 我们要讨论一下 然后给你个回复 |
[30:24] | No, Dede, you never see him again, | 不 迪迪 你不能再见他 |
[30:26] | you never speak to him again. | 你不可以再和他说一句话 |
[30:29] | Look, I’m sure you’re a very nice pivot man, | 我相信你一定器大活好 |
[30:31] | but it’s over, okay? | 但这都结束了 好吗 |
[30:38] | No. | 不 |
[30:40] | It isn’t over. | 这还没完 |
[30:43] | I am not giving up the best thing in my life | 我才不会因为一个22岁又有几个钱的 |
[30:48] | just because some 22-year-old fucking rich kid | 小屁孩觉得自己抓住了我的把柄 |
[30:53] | thinks he has something on me! | 就舍弃我生命中最好的东西 |
[30:55] | You idiot. I don’t give a shit about Payton Hobart. | 你傻啊 我才不担心佩顿·霍巴特呢 |
[30:59] | It’s Tino I care about. Tino. | 我担心的人是提诺 提诺 |
[31:04] | What is gonna happen when he gets wind of this? | 你觉得他如果听到风声会发生什么 |
[31:06] | What do you think he’s gonna do? | 你觉得他会怎么做 |
[31:08] | You’re not gonna become the vice president of the United States. | 你就当不上美国副总统了 |
[31:12] | The ship has sailed, Dede. | 我们已经扬帆起航 迪迪 |
[31:14] | Sailed. | 回不了头了 |
[31:30] | No, no. No, no, no. | 不不 别别别 |
[31:35] | Well, this is what I call coming to your senses. | 总算是理智回笼了 |
[31:40] | Keep it up. | 继续保持 |
[31:56] | So, what is this again? | 这是个什么活动来着 |
[31:57] | Infinity’s thing, Rally for Climate Action. | 英菲尼蒂组织的 气候变化行动集会 |
[31:59] | I don’t get it. | 我不明白 |
[32:01] | What’s Infinity’s deal? | 英菲尼蒂到底在干什么 |
[32:02] | I thought she was a best-selling author. | 我以为她是个畅销书作家 |
[32:03] | Now she’s a climate activist? | 现在又成气候变化活动家了吗 |
[32:05] | Yeah, what a bitch, right? How dare she use her notoriety | 对 是不是婊 她怎么敢利用自己的臭名 |
[32:07] | to raise awareness about the greatest | 唤醒人们对人类文明史上 |
[32:08] | long-term threat to human civilization? | 最大的长期威胁的关注呢 |
[32:11] | You’re an ass. Here’s your speech. | 你个笨蛋 这是你的演讲稿 |
[32:16] | Okay. | 好了 |
[32:19] | And it is now | 现在 |
[32:20] | my pleasure to introduce a dear friend of mine | 我非常荣幸 向你们介绍我的一位好友 |
[32:23] | who’s running for State Senate, which is totally a thing, | 他正在参选州议员 非常了不得 |
[32:28] | Payton Hobart! | 欢迎佩顿·霍巴特 |
[32:31] | I don’t need this. | 我不用讲稿 |
[32:33] | What? | 什么 |
[32:35] | Hello, Infinity. | 你好 英菲尼蒂 |
[32:36] | – Thanks for being here. – Thanks for having me. | -感谢你能来 -谢谢你的邀请 |
[32:40] | Thank you to Infinity! | 感谢英菲尼蒂 |
[32:44] | You know, Infinity and I, uh, we went to high school together. | 英菲尼蒂和我是高中同学 |
[32:47] | – Uh, she was my running mate, actually. – True. | -她是我的竞选搭档 -没错 |
[32:49] | And can I tell you what my first act | 我能告诉你们在我当选学生会主席后 |
[32:50] | – as student body president was? – Yeah! | -推行的第一项举措吗 -说啊 |
[32:52] | Real simple – to ban the use of plastic straws on campus, right? | 特简单 禁止在校园内使用塑料吸管 对吧 |
[32:58] | Yes! | 没错 |
[32:59] | Yes, just like you, I thought it was a total no-brainer. | 和你们一样 我觉得这很容易 |
[33:01] | It’s a– It’s a concrete solution we can implement overnight | 可以一夜间就推行开来的解决方案 |
[33:04] | that would make a significant environmental impact | 能极大造福自然环境 |
[33:05] | and would show the world our generation’s commitment | 并且让世界看到我们这一代人 |
[33:08] | – to protecting the environment. – Yeah! | -对环保的贡献 -对 |
[33:10] | But when I presented this plan to the school board, | 但在我向校董会陈述这项计划时 |
[33:13] | I was laughed out of the room. | 大家一直在笑话我 |
[33:15] | They called me naive. | 他们说我天真 |
[33:17] | They called the plan “outlandish.” | 他们称这项计划”稀奇古怪” |
[33:19] | They admitted that it was the right thing to do, | 他们承认这项举措本意不错 |
[33:22] | but they said it just couldn’t be done. | 但他们说这不可能做到 |
[33:24] | This is exactly what our generation is dealing with, friends. | 朋友们 这种态度就是我们这代人所面对的 |
[33:26] | These are the adults in the room, | 做决定的都是成年人 |
[33:28] | and they don’t even have the backbone to take on straws? | 而他们连取缔吸管的勇气都没有 |
[33:35] | Now, listen. Every one of us here today | 听着 今天来到这里的我们 |
[33:36] | knows that we are in a generational fight | 都知道我们正在与上一代人斗争 |
[33:38] | that will determine our species’ future on this planet. | 这将会决定我们人类在这颗星球上的未来 |
[33:41] | But politicians like Dede Standish… | 但诸如迪迪·斯丹迪施之流的政客 |
[33:46] | they cannot accept our urgency to clean up this mess, | 他们不能接受我们急切要求净化环境 |
[33:49] | because if they did, they would have to admit | 因为如果他们接受了 就得承认 |
[33:51] | that they are the ones who made it! | 他们才是这一切的罪魁祸首 |
[33:54] | Well, Senator Standish, if you are listening today, | 斯丹迪施参议员 如果你在听我说 |
[33:58] | I do not want my children and my grandchildren | 我不想让我的子孙后代 |
[34:00] | living in a New York City with 20-foot sea walls | 住在一个被高大海塘包围的纽约城 |
[34:03] | holding back a dying ocean on a scorched Earth | 外面是被炙烤的地球和垂死的海洋 |
[34:06] | with tens of millions of climate refugees… | 还有数以百万计的气候难民 |
[34:09] | – No. No. – and fascist governments | -不 不 -还有全球各地的 |
[34:11] | around the globe | 法西斯政府 |
[34:11] | are committing wholesale genocide | 大肆屠杀人民 |
[34:13] | while we fight for dwindling supplies of food and water! | 为了争夺日益紧缺的食物和水资源 |
[34:17] | That is where this world is headed if we continue to do nothing, | 如果我们放任不管 世界就在走向末日 |
[34:20] | Dede Standish. And when you say | 迪迪·斯丹迪施 当你说 |
[34:21] | that we can’t afford to take action, | 我们付不起行动的代价 |
[34:23] | I say this, it’s because of your generation’s policies | 那我告诉你 这是因为你这一代人的政策 |
[34:26] | that my generation has no other choice! | 让我们这代人别无他选 |
[34:30] | – Amazing. He’s amazing. – Thank you very much! | -他棒极了 -非常感谢 |
[34:33] | But, my friends, we do have one choice, | 但朋友们 我们还有一个选择 |
[34:35] | and that’s on Election Day. | 就在选举日 |
[34:36] | You, all of you, each and every one of you | 你们所有人 每一个人 |
[34:39] | who has voted with your feet today, | 今天亲自来到这里表示支持 |
[34:41] | by showing the world where your priorities lie, | 向世界展示你们最关注的东西是什么 |
[34:43] | you have the chance on November 5th | 在11月5日 你们有机会 |
[34:46] | to preserve humanity’s future on this planet and in the city. | 守护在这个星球上和这个城市里人们的未来 |
[34:49] | You. You are the solution. | 你们 你们就是那个解决方案 |
[34:52] | Our generation is gonna save this planet, | 我们这代人要拯救这个星球 |
[34:54] | and I’m going to do everything in my power to help you do so! | 而我将尽所有能力帮助你们实现愿望 |
[34:57] | Thank you very much! | 非常感谢 |
[34:59] | Unbelievable! | 无与伦比 |
[35:07] | This is being livestreamed. | 这场活动正在直播 |
[35:14] | – That was good. – This is gonna go viral. | -说得太好了 -这会上热搜的 |
[35:16] | I liked that. Let’s do more of that. | 这不错 我们之后多来点这种活动 |
[35:34] | – It doesn’t exist. – The albino lobster? | -不存在的 -白化龙虾吗 |
[35:37] | It’s a legend. | 那是个传说 |
[35:38] | They say it’s one-in-a-hundred-million chance that you find one. | 据说你能捉到一只的几率微乎其微 |
[35:41] | Better chance of winning the Mega Millions. | 赢彩票的概率都比这大 |
[35:43] | Well, which is it? Does it not exist, | 到底是怎样 是完全不存在 |
[35:44] | or is it a one-in-a-hundred-million chance? | 还是几率微乎其微 |
[35:46] | Can I give you some advice? | 我能给你点意见吗 |
[35:48] | Maybe it’s not the white lobster you’re looking for. | 也许你不是在找白龙虾 |
[35:50] | – Maybe it’s something else. – Like a blue lobster? | -也许是别的东西 -蓝龙虾吗 |
[35:53] | No. Like, maybe the white lobster represents what you really want | 不 也许白龙虾在影射你真正想要的 |
[35:56] | but you can’t have. | 但却无法拥有的东西 |
[35:58] | But you’re looking for the lobster | 但你转而寻找龙虾 |
[35:59] | so you don’t have to think about the real thing. | 好让自己不用想那件事 |
[36:01] | I’ve actually seen a blue lobster. | 我其实见过蓝色龙虾 |
[36:04] | Pretty rare. | 非常稀有 |
[36:05] | I love someone, okay? | 我有个爱人 好吧 |
[36:07] | Two someones, | 两个爱人 |
[36:08] | and I can’t have them. | 但我不能和他们在一起 |
[36:10] | That’s why I ran away to work on a lobster boat, | 所以我跑来龙虾船上打工 |
[36:12] | so I don’t have to think about them. | 好让我不用想他们 |
[36:14] | So I don’t have to think about anything. | 好让我不用想任何事 |
[36:15] | So, please, stop talking to me! | 所以拜托 别跟我说话了 |
[36:21] | Can’t you at least pretend not to hate everyone here? | 你能假装别讨厌这里的所有人吗 |
[36:25] | Why pretend in a room full of fakes? | 为什么要在满屋虚情假意人面前假装 |
[36:28] | They’re never going to tell you what they really think, anyway. | 反正他们永远不会说出自己的真心话 |
[36:31] | These are voters from every Hollywood guild and academy. | 这些都是所有好莱坞协会和颁奖典礼的选民 |
[36:34] | Why are my voters so awful and yours are so perfect? | 为什么我的选民这么糟糕 你的却那么完美 |
[36:37] | The difference is this: | 我们的区别在于 |
[36:39] | I want to help my voters, | 我想帮助我的选民 |
[36:40] | and you want your voters to help you. | 而你想让选民帮你 |
[36:50] | Old-fashioned, not too sweet, right? | 经典配方 但不要太甜 对吧 |
[36:53] | – Yes. Uh, that or– – Martini up. Extra olives. | -对 那个或… -来杯马提尼吧 多加了橄榄 |
[36:58] | I have the top oppo researchers in the game. | 我有这行最顶尖的对手调查员 |
[37:01] | I’m Tino McCutcheon, | 我是提诺·麦卡琴 |
[37:03] | junior senator for the great state of Texas. | 伟大得州的新科参议员 |
[37:06] | Yes, I believe I’ve seen you on television. | 对 我在电视上见过你 |
[37:08] | Were you doing some sort of triathlon? | 你在比赛铁人三项吗 |
[37:11] | Well, between you and I, | 就我俩私下说说 |
[37:13] | I’m positioning myself for a presidential run next year. | 我打算竞选下任总统 |
[37:16] | My advisers feel it’s wise to lean into | 我的顾问觉得我应该好好利用 |
[37:18] | my virility and sex appeal, so… | 我的男子气概和性吸引力 所以 |
[37:21] | a shirtless politician produces millions in free advertising. | 赤膊政客能产生价值数百万的宣传资金 |
[37:25] | I’ll keep that in mind. | 我会记住的 |
[37:28] | So, what brings you here? | 那你来这干什么 |
[37:29] | Fundraising? I hope not. | 筹款吗 希望不是 |
[37:31] | These limousine liberals are full of passion | 这些开着豪车的自由党人激情洋溢 |
[37:33] | until you ask them to write a check. | 直到你让他们写支票捐款 |
[37:35] | Not exactly. I have a proposal for you. | 也不是 我想给你个提议 |
[37:38] | I’m seeing someone… | 我有对象了 |
[37:41] | I think. | 我想是吧 |
[37:43] | Not that kind of proposal. | 不是那种提议 |
[37:46] | My wife slipped into a coma two years ago. | 我妻子两年前陷入了昏迷 |
[37:49] | Complications from a severe case of trichinosis. | 旋毛虫病的严重并发症 |
[37:51] | They don’t know if she’ll ever wake up, | 医生不知道她能否醒来 |
[37:53] | and even if she does, there will most certainly be brain damage. | 就算醒来了 也很可能有脑损伤 |
[37:57] | Well, you’re a very good husband for staying by her side. | 你真是个好丈夫 守护在她身边 |
[38:00] | My husband slipped into a coma for a week, | 我丈夫只陷入了昏迷一周 |
[38:03] | and I was one foot out the door. | 我就已经一只脚踏出家门了 |
[38:05] | Well, I hate to say it, but it’s been great for me, politically. | 我不想这么说 但这对我的政治事业很有好处 |
[38:09] | I’ve been paying attention to your campaign. | 我一直在关注你的竞选 |
[38:12] | You have a gift. | 你很有天赋 |
[38:14] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[38:16] | people have always found me interesting, for some reason. | 不知为何 人们总会觉得我很有意思 |
[38:19] | My father said you can’t teach charisma. | 我父亲说人格魅力无法教授 |
[38:22] | He would have known. He was a great big fat man, | 他肯定知道 他是个大胖子 |
[38:25] | and the ladies couldn’t keep away. | 女人们却趋之若鹜 |
[38:27] | Yeah. Ideas don’t win campaigns anymore. | 对 如今竞选不靠想法获胜了 |
[38:30] | Values certainly don’t. | 价值观也肯定不行 |
[38:31] | Nowadays, the guy who gets elected | 如今 当选的人 |
[38:34] | is the guy who gets the most attention. | 是那个最受关注的人 |
[38:36] | P. T. Barnum would be our next president if he were alive. | 要是PT·巴纳姆还活着 他就能成下任总统了 |
[38:39] | I never liked the circus. | 我从来不喜欢马戏团 |
[38:41] | Those poor elephants. | 可怜的大象 |
[38:43] | I’m looking to make a splash | 我打算一鸣惊人 |
[38:45] | and separate myself from the other candidates | 并区别于其他的候选人 |
[38:48] | by announcing my running mate early. | 通过尽早宣布我的竞选搭档 |
[38:51] | I’d like to offer the position to you. | 我希望那个人是你 |
[38:55] | Good Lord, | 天呐 |
[38:56] | that’s a terrible idea. | 这主意太糟了 |
[38:58] | I– I don’t think I would play very well in Iowa or Wisconsin. | 我觉得我在爱荷华州或威斯康星州应该很不受欢迎 |
[39:01] | I’m a water sign. | 我是个水象星座 |
[39:02] | We don’t need ’em. | 我们不需要他们 |
[39:04] | Just do the Electoral College math. | 你算算选举人团 |
[39:06] | If we take Texas, California, | 如果我们拿下得州 加州 |
[39:08] | Florida, Michigan, and New York, | 弗罗里达 密歇根和纽约 |
[39:10] | we can cobble together enough of the forever-blue | 我们就能锁定足够的忠实蓝党人员 |
[39:12] | to make it to 270. | 拿下270个席位 |
[39:15] | The VP is a real job now. | 副总统现在不是虚职了 |
[39:18] | You could spearhead my environmental campaign. | 你还能完成我的环保竞选 |
[39:21] | And what is that? | 那是什么 |
[39:23] | I don’t have one yet. | 我还没有 |
[39:25] | That’s why I need you. | 所以我需要你 |
[39:28] | Why else? | 还有什么原因 |
[39:29] | Honestly, I don’t know exactly. | 说实话我也说不清 |
[39:30] | I just know I saw you at that debate, | 我只是看到了你在辩论上的表现 |
[39:34] | and I have not stopped thinking about you since. | 自那以后就无法停止想你 |
[39:39] | Shall we go get a shrimp cocktail? | 我们去吃点鸡尾冷虾吧 |
[39:51] | All right. | 好了 |
[40:03] | We tried it without you. | 我们试了没有你的生活 |
[40:05] | And it was like clapping with one hand. | 但那就像用一只手鼓掌 |
[40:09] | – We love you, William. – Well, I love you, | -我们爱你 威廉 -我也爱你们 |
[40:13] | which means I would never get in the way | 所以我永远不会阻挡你们 |
[40:14] | of all your dreams coming true. | 实现自己的梦想 |
[40:15] | I am so tired | 我受够了 |
[40:18] | of having my personal life judged by a different criteria | 只因为我是女人 就被人用不同的标准 |
[40:21] | because I’m a woman. | 评判我的私生活 |
[40:22] | If a man came out and proudly proclaimed | 如果一个男人自豪地宣布 |
[40:25] | that he was in a polyamorous relationship | 他在实行一夫多妻制 |
[40:27] | with two brilliant and beautiful women, | 还有两位聪明美丽的妻子 |
[40:30] | the public and the press would call him a hero. | 公众和媒体肯定会称他为英雄 |
[40:32] | Remember Warren Buffet? | 记得沃伦·巴菲特吗 |
[40:34] | Wait, are you saying you– you want to go public? | 等等 你是说你要公开吗 |
[40:37] | No, no. Not– Not yet. | 不不 暂时不 |
[40:41] | I need both of you to be my best self, | 我需要你们两人才能做最好的自己 |
[40:44] | and I need to be my best self in order to win. | 我需要做最好的自己才能赢 |
[40:51] | I stink of lobster. | 我一股龙虾腥臭 |
[40:56] | Kiss me. | 吻我 |
[40:58] | And… melt me like butter. | 然后…像黄油一样融化我 |
[41:13] | Let’s go. | 我们走 |
[41:26] | What does Morning Consult say? | 早间咨询公司怎么说 |
[41:28] | You’ve dropped another nine points. | 你又下降了九个百分点 |
[41:30] | Forty-eight percent her, 19 percent you, | 她有48%支持率 你有19% |
[41:31] | – the rest undecided. – Okay, we need ideas, people, right now. | -其他人未定 -好 我们需要想法 各位 赶紧 |
[41:37] | – Hey, uh, now really isn’t a good time. – I have dirt. | -现在不是个好时机 -我挖到黑料了 |
[41:42] | Sit down. Everybody out, please. Clear the room. | 坐下 各位都出去 清空房间 |
[41:45] | Clear the room. Thank you. | 清空房间 谢谢 |
[41:49] | First, I want your office. | 首先 我要你的办公室 |
[41:52] | – What? – Your office. | -什么 -你的办公室 |
[41:53] | I want it. | 我想要 |
[41:55] | F– Fine. | 行 |
[41:56] | I don’t know what happened, who they hired, | 我不知道发生了什么 他们雇了谁 |
[41:58] | but the Standish campaign is not stuck in the ’90s anymore. | 但斯丹迪施的竞选已不再是90年代竞选了 |
[42:01] | They’ve installed state-of-the-art IT, | 他们安装了最先进的IT设备 |
[42:03] | they’ve hired a K-Street consulting firm, | 他们雇了华府的顾问公司 |
[42:06] | who’s rented out a whole floor for social media | 为他们租了一整层楼负责社交媒体 |
[42:08] | and another for the new data team. | 和一个新的数据团队 |
[42:10] | – We’re fucked. – How is that dirt? | -我们完蛋了 -这怎么算黑料呢 |
[42:12] | Patience. | 耐心点 |
[42:13] | But I’ve gotten in deep. | 但我挖得更深 |
[42:15] | I gave Hadassah and Dede each one of those little waving cats | 我送了哈达莎和迪迪每人一只招财猫 |
[42:18] | you get in Chinatown, | 在唐人街就能买到 |
[42:20] | but the little cats are holding campaign signs. | 不过这些小猫举着竞选标牌 |
[42:23] | They loved them. | 她们爱死了 |
[42:24] | Dede took two, one for her office and one for her home. | 迪迪拿了两只 一只在办公室 一只在家 |
[42:28] | Oh, my God, you didn’t. | 天呐 你不会吧 |
[42:30] | Yes, I did. | 对 我干了 |
[42:31] | Inside each cat is a wireless transmitter. | 每只猫里面都藏有无线传送器 |
[42:34] | – Yes, but then, what is he? – I’m bugging them. | -对 那他算什么 -我在窃听他们 |
[42:36] | And with the help of my little Chinese kitten friends, | 在我们唐人街的猫咪朋友帮助下 |
[42:39] | I’ve learned two things– | 我知道了两件事 |
[42:40] | Okay, hold on, hold on. We are bugging | 打住 打住 我们在窃听 |
[42:42] | our political opponents now? | 我们的政坛对手了吗 |
[42:43] | Everybody remember how well that went for Richard Nixon? | 大家都还记得理查德·尼克松的事情吗 |
[42:46] | Okay? | 好吗 |
[42:47] | Look, what– whatever you found out, I don’t want to know. | 听着 无论你发现了什么 我不想知道 |
[42:51] | Oh, quit pretending you’re not as slimy as the rest of them. | 别假装自己出淤泥而不染了 |
[42:53] | Do us all a favor and just embrace it. | 帮我们个忙 大方承认吧 |
[42:56] | Hadassah broke up the throuple, | 哈达莎拆散了三人行 |
[42:58] | but they’re secretly still boning. | 但他们还在秘密交媾 |
[43:00] | Also, | 还有 |
[43:02] | Dede Standish doesn’t care about this race. | 迪迪·斯丹迪施根本不在乎这场选举 |
[43:05] | Tino McCutcheon is running for president, | 提诺·麦卡琴要竞选下任总统 |
[43:08] | and he’s considering her for VP. | 他在考虑让她做副总统 |
[43:17] | Also, I’d like $5,000 in cash by the end of the day. | 以及 今天结束前我想要五千块现金 |
[43:28] | Which of these do you think is most you? | 你觉得这些哪个更像你 |
[43:31] | Spectacle over substance, | 《华而不实》 |
[43:32] | or integrity über alles? | 《正人君子》 |
[43:36] | Which one sells more albums? | 哪张卖得更好 |
[43:38] | That’s my guy. | 这才是我的好小伙 |
[43:39] | Is this really gonna be my eternal question? Who am I? | 这真的会是我的永恒疑问吗 我是谁 |
[43:42] | Shouldn’t I have that figured out? | 我难道不该已经搞清楚了吗 |
[43:44] | Am I jazz? Am I hip-hop? | 我喜欢爵士吗 还是嘻哈 |
[43:47] | Opera? | 或歌剧 |
[43:49] | You know, my mother says I need to be my authentic self to win, | 我妈说我得做真实的自己才能赢 |
[43:51] | but I still have no idea what that is. | 但我依然不知道那是什么 |
[43:54] | – Are you winning? – No. | -你要赢了吗 -没有 |
[43:56] | Then you’re not being your authentic self. | 那你就没有做真实的自己 |
[43:59] | Okay, well, I shouldn’t have to rely on polling numbers | 好吧 我不该依靠民调数字 |
[44:01] | to judge if I’m being true to myself or not. | 来评判我是否在做真实的自己 |
[44:03] | That would make me a terrible person. | 那我的为人就太糟了 |
[44:05] | Empty. Just completely unable to have any sense of self | 空洞 如果不依赖外界影响 |
[44:08] | without relying on outside influences. | 就完全无法做自己 |
[44:11] | Or maybe it would just confirm you as a true politician. | 或也许这只能证明你是个真的政客 |
[44:15] | Do you want to do good in the world? | 你想在这个世界行善吗 |
[44:17] | Is your motivation for governing to empower the powerless? | 你从政的目的是为了帮助那些无权无势的人吗 |
[44:20] | Yes! | 没错 |
[44:21] | Doesn’t sound like a terrible person to me. | 我觉得这听着不像坏人 |
[44:26] | I think you just need to stop being so ashamed of wanting to win. | 我觉得你只需要不再为想获胜而感到耻辱 |
[44:31] | It’s time you stopped seeing the world as binary. | 你该停止用二维的眼光看世界了 |
[44:34] | Right and wrong. | 对与错 |
[44:36] | Good and bad. | 善与恶 |
[44:38] | Doesn’t sound like you. | 这话不像你会说的 |
[44:41] | I’m not me. | 我不是我 |
[44:42] | I’m the little voice in your head that helps you be you. | 我只是你脑中帮你做自己的声音 |
[44:46] | And that true you | 而且真正的你 |
[44:48] | changes over time. | 会随着时间改变 |
[44:50] | As you get older, the world gets more complicated. | 当你年纪渐长 世界会变得更加复杂 |
[44:54] | You have to get more complicated too. | 你也得变得更加复杂 |
[44:57] | Well, I can’t change the world if I don’t win. | 如果我赢不了 也没法改变世界 |
[45:05] | So, how is not doing everything in my power to win | 那尽全力获胜 |
[45:07] | the decent thing to do? | 怎么会是件坏事呢 |
[45:10] | How could it be a sin to– to destroy the powerful | 这怎么算是罪恶呢 摧毁掌权者 |
[45:13] | in order to lift up the powerless? | 只为了帮助无权无势的人 |
[45:15] | Yeah. | 没错 |
[45:17] | I’m a winner. | 我是个赢家 |
[45:19] | That is– That is my authentic self. | 这就是真实的我 |
[45:23] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[45:24] | Nothing. Sorry. I have to go. | 没什么 抱歉 我得走了 |
[45:34] | There’s a certain manner in which I intended to run my campaign. | 本来我对自己的竞选有一定礼仪要求 |
[45:37] | You know, I– I had an idea of the candidate that I wanted to be. | 我之前设想过自己想成为怎么样的候选人 |
[45:41] | Very polite, | 彬彬有礼 |
[45:43] | stick to the issues, no dirty politics, | 坚持议题 不搞乌烟瘴气的政治游戏 |
[45:46] | but, you know, I realized something. | 但我意识到了一些事 |
[45:47] | That’s… | 那就是 |
[45:49] | That is just not me, right? | 那不是我 知道吗 |
[45:51] | I– The authentic me had something fall into his authentic lap. | 真实的我意外得到了一些真相 |
[45:55] | A lurid little story about a certain candidate and her throuple. | 一个花边消息 关于一位候选人玩三人行的事 |
[46:00] | Now, the old Payton would’ve buried it, | 从前的佩顿会选择压下这个消息 |
[46:02] | but the authentic Payton is going to release it. | 但这个真实的佩顿会发布消息 |
[46:06] | I have a press release all ready to go | 我有一篇蓄势待发的新闻稿 |
[46:07] | and a call in to Page Six. | 和一通待打给八卦新闻的电话 |
[46:09] | This is outlandish– | 这个稀奇古怪 |
[46:10] | But, but, but, but– | 但是 但是 |
[46:11] | Liar. She saw you kissing, and you know it’s true. | 骗人 她看见你接吻了 你知道这是真的 |
[46:14] | What agreement can we come to to make this go away? | 我们能达成什么交易让你不爆料吗 |
[46:17] | Oh, see, that’s more like it. | 瞧瞧 这才像话 |
[46:20] | Now, Senator, I know that you have visions | 参议员 我知道你规划了 |
[46:21] | for a larger political career. | 更广阔的职业发展 |
[46:23] | I know that you wanna be the vice president. | 我知道你想成为副总统 |
[46:25] | And that can still very much happen if you drop out of this race, | 这件事依然能成 只要你放弃这场选举 |
[46:28] | citing medical reasons. | 说是出于健康原因 |
[46:30] | Now… Your husband will have a heart attack. | 说你丈夫心脏病发了 |
[46:34] | There’s a cardiologist at Columbia. | 哥伦比亚有个心脏科医生 |
[46:35] | He’s already drawn up all the paperwork. | 他已经拟好了所有的文件 |
[46:37] | You and I will hold a joint press conference. | 你和我举行一个联合新闻发布会 |
[46:38] | You will drop out of the race, citing Marcus’s health. | 你宣布退出选举 并提及马科斯的健康问题 |
[46:41] | You endorse me to replace you. | 你背书我接替你的位置 |
[46:42] | The throuple story… dies. | 那三人行的报道…到此为止 |
[46:44] | And you’re still well on your way to the VP slot. | 你依然能去参加副总统的竞选 |
[46:47] | – How’s that sound? – You insufferable little prick! | -你们意下如何 -你个令人作呕的小混球 |
[46:51] | Ooh, reminder, she was in a throuple, and I have evidence. | 提醒一下 她在三人行 我还有证据 |
[46:55] | You really are an evil little troll. | 你真是个恶毒的小怪物 |
[46:58] | No, really, I want to win. | 不 真的 我只想赢 |
[47:02] | Give me what I want, and you get to win too. | 给我我想要的 你也能赢 |
[47:12] | Excuse me. | 借过 |
[47:19] | – Are you sure, darling? – Of course. Of course. | -你确定吗 亲爱的 -当然 当然 |
[47:21] | It was wrong of me to ask you to drop out, | 我不该让你退出选举 |
[47:24] | and… it won’t be necessary. | 而且也不再必要了 |
[47:27] | We’re both gonna win these things. | 我们都能获胜 |
[47:29] | – I love you, Mom. – I love you. | -我爱你 妈妈 -我也爱你 |
[47:37] | Everything okay? | 一切都好吗 |
[47:39] | Couldn’t be better. | 再好不过了 |
[48:01] | I imagine that was hard. But don’t pack it up just yet. | 我想谈得不容易吧 但别灰心了 |
[48:05] | Payton was in a threesome too. | 佩顿也在三人行 |