时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:11] | “Sincerely, Hadassah.” | “诚挚的 哈达莎” |
[00:15] | Send. | 发送 |
[00:16] | Send, send, send, send, send, send… | 发送键跑哪儿去了 |
[00:17] | This just arrived for you. | 这是给你的 |
[00:21] | Hope it’s not full of anthrax. | 希望里面不是炭疽病毒 |
[00:25] | 这个人不可信 阻止他 | |
[00:32] | 佩顿 六岁 | |
[00:39] | This is for television advertising. | 这是给电视广告用的 |
[00:41] | It’s a really big, essential push. | 起着非常重要的推动作用 |
[00:43] | I need you. Now. | 我需要你 现在 |
[00:47] | Excuse me, gentlemen. | 失陪一下 先生们 |
[00:49] | I shall return momentarily. | 我很快就回来 |
[00:54] | Listen, you and I need to have a little one-on-one seminar | 听着 你和我需要就打断重要会议 |
[00:57] | about barging into important meetings. | 这个问题开个一对一的小会 |
[00:59] | – Those guys were about to drop two mil– – Look, | -这些家伙正准备投两百万 -听我说 |
[01:01] | I know you and I are going through | 我知道你和我个人之间正在经历 |
[01:03] | a rough patch, personally, | 一段艰难时期 |
[01:04] | but I think we’re both big enough | 但我想我们都足够大度 |
[01:05] | not to let it stand in the way. | 不会让它成为阻碍 |
[01:06] | Look what just arrived in the mail. | 快看我刚收到了什么 |
[01:15] | Hadassah. | 哈达莎 |
[01:16] | Let me run with it, please? | 让我用它来搞点事情吧 拜托 |
[01:18] | Actually, I’m not asking. We’re doing it. | 其实 我没有在征求同意 我们就这么做 |
[01:20] | We’re up 35 points. | 我们领先35% |
[01:22] | – We’ve won. – No, no, no. | -我们赢了 -不不不 |
[01:23] | We win if I run with this. | 如果用上这个 我们才算赢 |
[01:26] | It’s the final nail in his coffin. | 这是他棺材上的最后一颗钉子 |
[01:28] | You really wanna do this? | 你真的想这么做 |
[01:30] | Payton’s a kid. | 佩顿还是个孩子 |
[01:32] | You’re not satisfied beating him? | 光打败他你还不满足 |
[01:33] | You wanna ruin his life? | 你还想毁了他的人生 |
[01:35] | Yes. I think it sends the right kind of mssage. | 是的 我觉得它传递了正确的信息 |
[01:37] | “Dede Standish plays hardball no matter what, | “迪迪·斯丹迪施无论如何都要打硬仗 |
[01:40] | and she doesn’t go easy on insolent, rich little punks | 她不会轻易放过那些从一开始 |
[01:42] | who never should’ve run against her in the first place.” | 就不该与她竞争的傲慢无礼的纨绔子弟” |
[01:44] | Sherry, get me Richard Pell from the Post. | 雪莉 帮我接《纽约邮报》的理查德·佩尔 |
[01:47] | Do it yourself. | 你自己来 |
[01:48] | Fine! I’ll call him. | 好吧 我自己联系他 |
[01:50] | I hate her. | 我讨厌她 |
[01:52] | We’re destroying him. | 我们要毁了他 |
[01:54] | You’ll thank me later. | 你以后会感谢我的 |
[03:29] | Hello? | 喂 |
[03:33] | Are you fucking kidding me? | 你他妈的在逗我吗 |
[03:37] | Payton… | 佩顿 |
[03:38] | 《纽约邮报》 杰罗尼莫迷疯了 自购买曼哈顿以来对美国原住民最大的侮辱 霍巴特搞砸了 | |
[03:38] | 19世纪美国西南部阿帕切印第安酋长 领导阿帕切的印第安人抗击美洲欧人入侵 | |
[03:39] | why do you hate Native Americans? | 你为什么讨厌美国原住民 |
[03:42] | I’m just saying what everyone is thinking. | 我只是说出大家的想法 |
[03:44] | That is certainly the kind of question | 在可预见的未来 |
[03:45] | you’re gonna be hearing | 你以后肯定会在 |
[03:45] | at every campaign event for the foreseeable future. | 每次竞选活动中听到这个问题 |
[03:47] | I was six years old. | 我那会儿才六岁 |
[03:49] | This is information that | 如果你明智的话 |
[03:50] | would’ve been wise to tell your staff about. | 最好把这种信息先告诉你的员工 |
[03:51] | What? That I dressed up for Halloween when I was six? | 告诉你们什么 我六岁时的万圣节装扮吗 |
[03:53] | That’s my office. | 这是我的办公室 |
[03:55] | It’s cultural appropriation. | 这是文化侵占 |
[03:56] | It was a different time, okay? | 时代不同了 好吗 |
[03:56] | 霍巴特 参选州参议员 | |
[03:58] | The idea didn’t even exist in the mainstream ten years ago. | 这个想法在十年前根本不存在于主流社会 |
[04:01] | Can’t we just say he was dressed as | 我们不能说他只是在 |
[04:02] | one of the Village People? | 扮个乡下人吗 |
[04:03] | The yearbook caption says he’s Geronimo. | 年鉴上标了他扮的是杰罗尼莫 |
[04:06] | Payton, you’re gonna have to do a public mea culpa. | 佩顿 你得公开道个歉 |
[04:08] | Skye, as Payton’s friend, | 斯凯 作为佩顿的朋友 |
[04:10] | I think you should stand by his side on that stage. | 我觉得你应该在台上站在他的身边 |
[04:13] | You know his heart. He doesn’t see black or white, | 你知道他的内心 他不在意黑人还是白人 |
[04:15] | or rich or poor. He just sees… | 富有还是贫穷 他只在意 |
[04:17] | – voters. – She’s not a prop. | -选民 -她不是个道具 |
[04:23] | Three years ago, I would have Keyser Söze-ed | 三年前 我一定会把提议这种 |
[04:25] | every one of you for suggesting this, | 意见的人全部干掉 |
[04:27] | but adulthood makes you pragmatic. | 但成人世界让你变得务实 |
[04:30] | We probably aren’t gonna win this election now. | 我们现在可能赢不了这次的选举了 |
[04:33] | But if we wanna keep having a chance, | 但如果我们还想再有机会 |
[04:34] | then Payton has to get past this. | 佩顿就得挺过这道坎 |
[04:36] | And Alice is right. | 而且艾丽斯说得对 |
[04:37] | If he stands up there alone in a colorful Prada suit | 如果他自己一个人穿着鲜艳的普拉达西装站在台上 |
[04:40] | like a big bag of Wonder Bread, | 看着就像一大袋神奇面包 |
[04:41] | then his white ass is toast. | 那他可就完蛋了 |
[04:47] | I’ll be there by your side. | 我会站在你身边的 |
[04:50] | But first you gotta understand something. | 但首先你得明白一点 |
[04:53] | All of you do. | 你们也是 |
[04:56] | Cultural appropriation | 文化侵占 |
[04:57] | is when members of a dominant group | 是指占主导地位的群体成员 |
[05:00] | exploits the culture of less privileged groups. | 利用处于较弱势的群体文化 |
[05:02] | You call it borrowing, we call it stealing. | 你们说这是借 我们说这就是偷 |
[05:06] | So, yes, I’m gonna get pissed off | 所以没错 当我看到 |
[05:09] | when some basic blonde Becky on a CW show | CW台的吸血鬼电视剧里的金发白人 |
[05:11] | about glamorous vampires puts her hair in cornrows | 因为”时尚”而把头发梳成玉米辫时 |
[05:14] | because it’s “fashionable.” | 我会大发雷霆 |
[05:16] | There is a thin line between appreciation and appropriation, | 欣赏和侵占之间只有一线之隔 |
[05:20] | and you’ve– you’ve crossed it, Payton. | 而你 你过界了 佩顿 |
[05:36] | Thank– Thank you for that, Skye. | 谢谢你愿意帮我 斯凯 |
[05:40] | You’re welcome. | 不客气 |
[05:42] | And in return for me taking you to school… | 而作为我给你上了一课的回报 |
[05:45] | …you’re gonna commit to going into | 你得承诺去那些 |
[05:47] | the neighborhoods you don’t usually canvas | 你不常去的社区 |
[05:49] | and register young voters of color with me. | 和我一起登记有色人种的年轻选民 |
[05:51] | – You got it? – It’d be my pleasure. | -你知道了吗 -那是我的荣幸 |
[05:53] | All right. | 很好 |
[05:54] | Now let’s go clean up that mess you made. | 现在我们去收拾你的烂摊子吧 |
[05:56] | Yes. | 好的 |
[06:00] | Yes, yes. Sunlight is the best disinfectant. | 是的 阳光是最好的消毒剂 |
[06:10] | Thank you all for coming. | 感谢大家的到来 |
[06:12] | When I was six years old… | 我在六岁时 |
[06:15] | I made a terrible mistake. | 犯了一个严重的错误 |
[06:18] | I chose to go for Halloween as Geronimo, | 我选择在万圣节扮演杰罗尼莫 |
[06:22] | that noble native chief, | 那位崇高的原住民首领 |
[06:24] | a freedom fighter who gave his life | 一位自由斗士 在对抗压迫 |
[06:26] | in the battle against oppression and tyranny. | 和暴政的抗争中奉献出了生命 |
[06:28] | Now, while my intention was to show my first-grade class | 尽管我的本意是告诉当年一年级的同学们 |
[06:31] | how much I admired Geronimo as a historical icon, | 我有多么地崇拜杰罗尼莫这位历史人物 |
[06:34] | I realize now that it was deeply, deeply offensive, | 我现在意识到这是一种深深的冒犯 |
[06:38] | not just to the Native American community | 不仅冒犯了美国原住民社会 |
[06:40] | but to all people in this country | 也冒犯了这个国家中为了创造 |
[06:42] | who strive for a multicultural society. | 多元化社会而奋斗的人 |
[06:44] | The temptation might be to say, “What’s the big deal? | 人们可能会说 “这有什么大不了的” |
[06:47] | He was six years old. He didn’t know any better. | 他当时只有六岁 他还不懂事呢 |
[06:48] | He was still a bed-wetter.” But… | 他那会儿还尿床呢 但是 |
[06:52] | I’m sorry, that is not good enough for me. | 对不起 那对我来说还不够好 |
[06:54] | I should have known better. | 我早该意识到的 |
[06:56] | I faltered, and I failed. | 我动摇了 我失败了 |
[06:59] | And for that, I offer my sincerest apologies | 为此 我要向诸位选民 |
[07:02] | to you, the voter, and to every single Native American | 及这片伟大土地上的每一位美国原住民 |
[07:05] | across this great land. | 表达最诚挚的歉意 |
[07:07] | That I could hurt you or make you feel less than, | 我可能伤害了你们 让你们感到卑微 |
[07:10] | that the clothing of the Bedonkohe band of the noble Apache | 因为我把高尚的阿帕奇部落贝当科赫分支的衣服 |
[07:14] | could be worn as a costume… | 当作节日服装来穿 |
[07:18] | for this, I truly apologize. | 我真心为此道歉 |
[07:21] | And it’s my solemn promise to you today, | 今天我也向各位做出郑重的承诺 |
[07:24] | I will do better. | 我会做得更好 |
[07:30] | Thank you all for your time. | 谢谢各位的时间 |
[07:45] | Should we get Chinese? | 我们要点中餐吗 |
[07:46] | First, I have a point of order. | 首先 我有一项议程 |
[07:50] | This isn’t working for me. | 这对我行不通 |
[07:53] | This is about orgasm equality? | 是高潮次数平等问题吗 |
[07:54] | Because really, it’s not Astrid’s fault | 因为说实话 阿斯特丽德能多次高潮 |
[07:55] | that she’s multi-orgasmic. | 这不是她的错 |
[07:56] | My sexual satisfaction is not the issue. | 我的性满足感不是问题 |
[07:59] | You’re both wonderful. | 你们俩都很棒 |
[08:02] | But I’ve noticed that you’re giving Astrid | 但我发现最近你给了阿斯特丽德 |
[08:04] | more attention than me lately. | 比我更多的关注 |
[08:09] | That’s not true, is it? | 那不是真的 对吗 |
[08:11] | Honestly, when it all gets going, I can’t even tell who’s who. | 说实话 干柴烈火时我都分不清谁是谁 |
[08:13] | Payton has soft hands like a woman. | 佩顿的手和女人的手一样柔软 |
[08:17] | It’s subtle but… noticeable, | 这不明显 但可以感觉到 |
[08:20] | and trending in the wrong direction. | 而且正朝错误的方向发展 |
[08:23] | I see where this could be headed, | 我预见到可能的发展结果 |
[08:24] | and I want to bring attention to it | 并想在未产生任何怨恨之前 |
[08:26] | before resentment sets in. | 引起大家的注意 |
[08:31] | I’m so sorry, Alice. | 非常抱歉 艾丽斯 |
[08:32] | I will make sure balance things out from now on. | 我保证从现在起会平等对待你们 |
[08:35] | See? He’s sorry, so let’s not mess with it. | 看吧 他知错了 别小题大作了 |
[08:38] | We’re all having fun. | 我们都很享受 |
[08:41] | So, egg rolls? | 吃鸡蛋卷吗 |
[08:46] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[08:48] | Thank you for listening to me about this. | 谢谢你听我说这些 |
[08:50] | I know that was a hard conversation. | 我知道这个对话很艰难 |
[08:54] | I could see a way to get past this, but… | 我想到了一个解决这个问题的方法 但是 |
[08:58] | I have conditions. | 我有条件 |
[08:59] | All right, let’s hear them. | 好 你说说看吧 |
[09:01] | I want all of us to rewatch Gilmore Girls together. | 我希望我们一起重新看《吉尔莫女孩》 |
[09:03] | We need to all chip in to buy higher thread-count sheets | 我们每个人都应该出钱给这张床买 |
[09:06] | for this bed. | 纱线密度更高的床单 |
[09:07] | And cuddle time goes from six minutes to twelve. | 另外 事后拥抱的时间从6分钟延长到12分钟 |
[09:10] | I’ve never actually seen Gilmore Girls, so that’s fine with me. | 我从来没看过《吉尔莫女孩》 所以我没意见 |
[09:14] | And I have seen it, but I’ll gladly rewatch. | 我看过 但我非常愿意再看一次 |
[09:19] | What do you say we start those 12 cuddle minutes right now? | 你觉得我们现在开始事后12分钟拥抱怎么样 |
[09:23] | Okay. | 好的 |
[09:36] | Okay. We are in the homestretch, | 好的 我们到了比赛最后阶段 |
[09:38] | and I think it’s pretty clear that climate | 我认为很明显气候 |
[09:40] | is the animating issue for our campaign, | 是我们竞选中最能激起选民共鸣的议题 |
[09:41] | and it’s what voters need to be prioritizing, | 这也是选民需要优先关注的问题 |
[09:43] | even if they don’t know it. | 就算他们不了解 |
[09:45] | So, I want a climate event every day this week. | 所以我想这周每天都举办一个气候活动 |
[09:49] | Let’s go ahead and start brainstorming | 让我们开始头脑风暴 |
[09:50] | what those could be. | 想想能办些什么活动 |
[09:52] | Let’s see. | 让我们想想 |
[09:54] | Okay. Bad pitch. | 好吧 一个不好的提议 |
[09:56] | We get 100 people dressed like polar bears. | 我们找100个人来扮成北极熊 |
[09:58] | We all lay down on the steps at City Hall. We moan, | 我们全部人躺在市政厅的台阶上呻吟 |
[10:00] | and we pretend to die from lack-of-salmon hunger. | 然后假装快要因为缺少三文鱼而饿死 |
[10:05] | I’m writing it down. | 我写下来 |
[10:11] | – Did you get that? – Yeah. | -你收到了吗 -嗯 |
[10:15] | Emerson College poll came out. | 爱默生学院的民调结果出来了 |
[10:17] | It has you down 29 points. | 显示你落后29个点 |
[10:20] | That means the speech worked. We’ve stabilized. | 那说明演讲奏效了 数字稳住了 |
[10:22] | Yeah, but Payton… | 是的 但佩顿 |
[10:25] | I’m gonna lose. | 我要输了 |
[10:28] | I know. | 我知道 |
[10:32] | I know. | 我知道 |
[10:36] | Look, this hurts, okay? I really can’t tell you… | 听着 我很难过 好吗 我真的无法告诉你 |
[10:40] | …I can’t tell you how much this hurts, and I didn’t expect | 我无法告诉你我有多难过 我也没预料到 |
[10:42] | that this is the way that all of this was gonna end, | 这一切会以这样的方式收场 |
[10:46] | but… | 不过 |
[10:48] | but I’ve known all along that – that there was probably no way | 不过我一直都知道 也许我可能无法 |
[10:51] | for me to win this. | 在这次选举中胜出 |
[10:53] | You know? | 知道吗 |
[10:55] | We all knew what this was going in. | 我们都知道可能是这种结局 |
[10:59] | We were crazy… to think we could pull this off. | 我们可能疯了 以为我们可以胜出 |
[11:02] | And we did not… | 然而我们并没有 |
[11:06] | and that’s fine. | 那也没关系 |
[11:10] | Because we were noble friends, together again. | 因为我们是高尚的朋友 又聚到了一起 |
[11:13] | And we believed in something. | 而且我们心怀信念 |
[11:20] | A few years ago, | 几年前 |
[11:22] | I mean, if we’re being honest, probably a few days ago, | 如果我们诚实些 也许几天前 |
[11:25] | I would’ve been pulling out all my hair | 我可能会担心得抓耳挠腮 |
[11:27] | and chucking chairs through the windows. | 把椅子都扔出窗外 |
[11:30] | But I guess I’ve changed. | 但我猜我变了 |
[11:31] | I’m very proud of what we did here. | 我为大家在这取得的成就感到骄傲 |
[11:34] | I stayed true to who I was, | 我保持了真实的自己 |
[11:37] | and I ran the campaign that I wanted to run. | 我参加了我想要的竞选 |
[11:39] | Who do you think sent the picture to Dede’s campaign? | 你觉得给迪迪竞选办公室寄照片的是谁 |
[11:44] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[11:47] | But I choose to live in today and what we do know. | 但我选择活在当下 活在我们知道的事情中 |
[11:50] | So, from this point forward, | 从现在开始 |
[11:51] | ha, no matter how much we… lose by, | 不管我们落后多少 |
[11:56] | I want us focused on the next campaign, | 我希望大家把注意力放到下次竞选中 |
[11:58] | when, hopefully, time heals all wounds, and… | 当时间能如我所愿治愈一切时 并且 |
[12:02] | I am… | 我… |
[12:03] | Uncanceled. | 还没出局 |
[12:06] | Now, I don’t know what that is yet, | 虽说我还不知道到底要去竞选什么 |
[12:07] | and, you know, a part of me doesn’t really care, to be honest, | 说实话 部分的我其实不在乎 |
[12:10] | because as long as I keep fighting | 因为只要我继续为了 |
[12:13] | for the issues that I believe in | 我所信仰的议题去拼搏 |
[12:15] | and I do it in a way that other people can believe in too, | 并用别人也能相信的方式去争取胜利 |
[12:19] | then… | 那么… |
[12:21] | the campaign will reveal itself. | 合适的竞选自会浮现 |
[12:33] | – It’s so good to see you. – Hi, Andrew. Don’t get up. | -见到你太好了 -安德鲁 别站起来 |
[12:36] | Thank you so much for doing this. | 你来和我见面真是太感谢了 |
[12:38] | I’ve been dreaming about this for a long time. | 这个机会我都盼了好久了 |
[12:40] | Yes, Payton did say that. | 对 佩顿确实说过 |
[12:43] | Also, you text me that… a lot. | 另外 你短信上说过…好多次 |
[12:46] | Sorry about that, but, you know, I love you, Infinity, | 很抱歉 但我爱你 英菲尼蒂 |
[12:51] | and love is a… a many-splendored thing. | 而爱情… 多么美好 |
[12:56] | It can drive you a little bit crazy. | 它能让你有点疯狂 |
[12:59] | It can, can’t it? | 的确如此 对吧 |
[13:01] | Really glad that you brought that up, | 你提到这点我很高兴 |
[13:03] | um, because this is crazy. | 因为这就很疯狂 |
[13:06] | Yeah, and it’s not romantic crazy, | 而且这不是浪漫的痴狂 |
[13:07] | it’s just crazy-crazy, | 只是单纯的疯狂 |
[13:10] | and I’m respecting you enough as a human being | 我是出于对你作为一个人类表示尊重 |
[13:12] | to tell you this in person, | 才来亲口告诉你 |
[13:13] | and then this will be the last time I communicate with you again | 之后我这辈子都不会 |
[13:16] | – for the rest of my life, okay? – Wait– | -再和你联系了 懂吗 -等等 |
[13:17] | I’m not finished. When you text a girl you love her, | 我还没说完 你发信息对一个女孩子说你爱她时 |
[13:19] | you should A, think, “Is this a normal thing to say to somebody | 你应该第一 想想”对一个我从来也见不到的人 |
[13:22] | who I don’t ever see in person?” | 说爱她正常吗” |
[13:24] | And B, when that person texts you back, | 第二 当那个人回你的信息说 |
[13:26] | “I’m sorry, I’m just not interested,” | “对不起 我没兴趣”时 |
[13:29] | that should really be the end of it. | 那这事就应该完了 |
[13:30] | It’s also quite inappropriate | 佩顿安排这次会面 |
[13:31] | for Payton to have set this meeting up, don’t you think? | 也非常不适合 你不觉得吗 |
[13:33] | Like, I don’t know, a date with me as payment | 就好像把和我约会当作报酬 |
[13:37] | for some freelance campaign work? | 回报你的自由竞选工作 |
[13:40] | – No. – I do not care | -不 -我不管 |
[13:41] | what the rigors of an election may be. | 一场竞选可能会有多艰难 |
[13:43] | This is extremely upsetting, | 这事让人非常不舒服 |
[13:46] | – and I told him so. – Hi. | -我也这么告诉他了 -二位 |
[13:48] | Would you two like to see a wine list? | 你们要看一下酒水饮料单吗 |
[13:49] | No, I– Nope. Nope. No wine, no food. | 不 不 不喝酒水 不吃东西 |
[13:51] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:52] | Look, I have had enough weird, toxic, | 听着 我这辈子已经经历太多诡异 有害 |
[13:55] | borderline-abusive-slash-actually-abusive | 接近虐待或者构成虐待的 |
[13:57] | male behavior in my life, Andrew. | 男性行为了 安德鲁 |
[13:58] | I dated Ricardo. | 我可是和里卡多交往过 |
[14:01] | So you, my friend, are canceled. | 因此你出局了 我的朋友 |
[14:05] | See you never again. | 后会无期 |
[14:08] | – Ever. – Infinity, wait. Don’t– | -无期 -英菲尼蒂 等等 别… |
[14:15] | It never ceases to amaze how good it feels to say no to things. | 每次我都会感叹 拒绝别人有多么爽 |
[14:19] | I’m doing it whenever I can now, | 现在只要有机会我就拒绝别人 |
[14:21] | canceling my bad habits. | 改掉我的坏习惯 |
[14:23] | And I can honestly say | 我可以实实在在地说 |
[14:24] | I feel like a new person. | 我感觉焕然一新 |
[14:27] | It started a year ago. | 这是从一年前开始的 |
[14:28] | I was in Beijing on my book tour, | 我在北京参加我的图书签售会 |
[14:31] | and I looked out at the city, | 我眺望这座城市 |
[14:32] | and I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. | 眼前的景象让我无法相信 |
[14:35] | The air was toxic. | 空气有毒 |
[14:36] | The exhaust from five million cars, | 五百万辆车的尾气 |
[14:38] | coal plants belching fumes 24 hours a day… | 煤厂每天不间断地冒着浓烟… |
[14:44] | This planet is the only place | 这个星球是全宇宙 |
[14:47] | in the universe that we can call home, | 我们唯一能称之为家的地方 |
[14:49] | and we are trashing it. | 可我们在摧毁它 |
[14:52] | In the last 70 years, | 过去的七十年里 |
[14:54] | we have generated eight billion tons of plastic, | 我们生产了八十亿吨塑料 |
[14:58] | and it doesn’t go anywhere. | 它们却无法分解 |
[15:01] | What can I do? | 我能做什么 |
[15:03] | What can any of us do? | 我们所有人能做什么 |
[15:05] | Our future is being dictated | 我们的未来正在被 |
[15:07] | by these enormous global forces that no one person can control. | 这些无人能控制的巨大跨国力量支配 |
[15:10] | The problem is just too massive. | 问题太巨大了 |
[15:13] | And then I noticed something. | 然后我注意到了些事 |
[15:16] | In the three days that I was in Beijing, | 我在北京的三天 |
[15:18] | I generated three trash bags full of waste. | 我制造了整整三袋垃圾 |
[15:23] | The problem didn’t exist outside of me. | 我不能置身于这个问题之外 |
[15:26] | I was part of it. | 我就是问题的一部分 |
[15:29] | At that moment, | 那一刻 |
[15:30] | I decided | 我决定 |
[15:31] | that for one year, I was gonna live a life of zero waste. | 在一年里 我要以产生零垃圾的方式生活 |
[15:37] | Overnight, I felt like a new person. | 一夜之间 我感觉像换了个人 |
[15:40] | If it came in a package, | 如果商品带包装 |
[15:42] | I didn’t buy it. | 我就不买 |
[15:44] | I carried a tote bag with a couple of jars, | 我带了装着罐子的手提袋 |
[15:47] | a reusable coffee cup, | 一个可重复使用的咖啡杯 |
[15:49] | a metal straw. | 一根金属吸管 |
[15:54] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:55] | I brought my own bags. | 我自带袋子 |
[15:58] | Any bottles at home, I reused. | 家里所有的瓶子 我都重复利用 |
[16:01] | I switched from tampons to a menstrual cup, | 我不再用月经棉而改用月经杯 |
[16:03] | which I actually like way better now. | 实际上我现在更喜欢用它 |
[16:08] | Oh, I also got a worm farm in my kitchen, which is so fun. | 我还在厨房弄了个蠕虫农场 可有意思了 |
[16:11] | You’d think it’d smell, but it doesn’t at all. | 也许你会觉得它有怪味 但其实一点也没有 |
[16:12] | Bye, you guys. | 拜拜咯 |
[16:14] | I even started a compost group at my local park. | 我甚至在小区公园建了一个堆肥小组 |
[16:19] | And by the end of the year… | 到年底的时候 |
[16:22] | …all the waste that I’d generated | 我产生的所有垃圾 |
[16:24] | fit into a single Mason jar. | 只需一个小玻璃瓶就能装下 |
[16:29] | And this is not to say that I’m some sort of hero. | 这并不是为了鼓吹我是什么英雄 |
[16:32] | That’s the whole point. I am not. | 这才是重点 我不是英雄 |
[16:34] | I am just one person doing something that we all can do. | 我只是个普通人 做着所有人都能做到的事 |
[16:38] | Real change in this city | 只有我们审视自身 |
[16:40] | and in this country happens when we look at ourselves | 扪心自问我们能做些什么时 |
[16:42] | and ask what we can do. | 城市和国家才会真正变革 |
[16:45] | And for me, | 对我来说 |
[16:47] | going zero waste was literally the most | 实现”零垃圾”真的是 |
[16:50] | fulfilling thing I’ve ever done in my entire life. | 我这辈子做过的最有成就感的事 |
[16:52] | I went from feeling worried and– and afraid for our future | 我从担心害怕人类的未来 |
[16:56] | to feeling hopeful for where our country is headed. | 变得对我们国家的未来充满希望 |
[17:01] | But I promise you, | 但我向你们保证 |
[17:03] | the best thing | 今天在场的 |
[17:04] | that each and every one of us here today can do | 每一个人能做的最好的事 |
[17:07] | is register to vote. | 就是去登记投票 |
[17:09] | And when we go to the voting booth on November 5th, | 11月5日 我们去投票站时 |
[17:11] | we can cast our vote for Payton Hobart. | 请把票投给佩顿·霍巴特 |
[17:14] | Let us help him enact the kind of generational change | 让我们帮助他实现这个星球迫切需要的 |
[17:17] | that this planet needs. | 新世代变革 |
[17:18] | This is an emergency. | 事态迫在眉睫 |
[17:21] | But help is on the way. | 但援兵已在路上 |
[17:23] | Ladies and gentlemen, my dear friend Payton Hobart! | 女士们先生们 有请我的好友佩顿·霍巴特 |
[17:28] | – She’s good. – I know, right? | -她很厉害 -我知道 是吧 |
[17:36] | Thank you so much, everyone, and thank you to Infinity. | 非常感谢大家 感谢英菲尼蒂 |
[17:38] | Such a huge inspiration. | 非常鼓舞人心 |
[17:39] | – Thank you. – I gotta tell you, we’ve counted, | -谢谢 -我们数过了 |
[17:41] | and there are 98 people in this room | 今天在这个房间里 |
[17:43] | who have registered to vote today for the very first time. | 有98个人是第一次登记投票 |
[17:45] | Can we see a show of hands of who those people are? | 能举手让我们看一下是哪些人吗 |
[17:47] | – Well, that deserves a round of applause. – Yay! Amazing! | -你们值得最热烈的掌声 -太棒了 |
[17:49] | – Congratulations, everyone. – Amazing! | -恭喜大家 -太棒了 |
[17:53] | Thank you, guys, for doing this little follow-up. | 谢谢你们参加这个后续跟进小会 |
[17:57] | Payton, | 佩顿 |
[17:58] | I believe in this campaign. | 我对这次竞选充满信心 |
[18:00] | I mean, I think you have a real, unique opportunity | 我觉得你迎来了一个真正特别的时机 |
[18:03] | to inspire the voters that we’re gonna need | 来激励鼓动我们所需的选民 |
[18:06] | if we’re gonna have any shot at saving this planet. | 如果我们想要拯救这个星球 |
[18:09] | Yes, exactly. Thank you, and we– we so appreciate your support. | 没错 谢谢 我们非常感谢你的帮助 |
[18:12] | – It means the world to– – But I have to say, | -这意味重大 -但我还是得说 |
[18:14] | at that event, I saw you both engage in behavior | 那次活动中 我看到你们俩的行为 |
[18:17] | that I found very disturbing | 这让我感到非常不安 |
[18:19] | and will need to be addressed if you want my support to continue. | 如果你们还想得到我的帮助 就必须改正 |
[18:24] | Payton, I saw you take your suit jacket | 佩顿 我看见你从干洗塑料袋里 |
[18:26] | out of a plastic dry cleaning bag | 拿出了你的西装外套 |
[18:27] | and put it and the hanger right in the trash. | 然后把塑料袋和衣架都扔进了垃圾桶 |
[18:33] | That– That’s it? | 就这 |
[18:35] | Oh, my God. Yes, I’m so sorry. | 我的老天 对 我很抱歉 |
[18:36] | I’m so sorry. That was– That was bad. | 我很抱歉 那样实在太不妥了 |
[18:38] | And I presume you didn’t even bother | 我猜你都懒得 |
[18:40] | to take it to an eco-friendly dry cleaner? | 把它送到环保的干洗店去吧 |
[18:42] | Oh, you– you know what? I don’t think I did. | 确实 我没想到这点 |
[18:45] | M’kay. | 行吧 |
[18:46] | So, those chemicals are toxic, and they’re now in the ocean. | 这些化学物质是有毒的 它们现在在海里了 |
[18:49] | Skye, | 斯凯 |
[18:51] | at the same event, | 在同一场活动中 |
[18:52] | I saw you chew gum. | 我看见你嚼口香糖了 |
[19:04] | Yes? | 然后呢 |
[19:05] | Was it a natural gum? | 口香糖成分是天然的吗 |
[19:08] | Probably not. | 大概不是 |
[19:09] | So what you had in your mouth were petroleum byproducts: | 那你嘴里嚼的就是石油副产品 |
[19:12] | petroleum wax, butadiene-styrene rubber, | 石油蜡 丁二烯-苯乙烯橡胶 |
[19:14] | and polyisobutylene polyvinyl acetate. | 和聚异丁烯聚醋酸乙烯酯 |
[19:17] | That gum will exist forever. | 那块口香糖永远无法完全降解 |
[19:19] | When the Earth is dead, | 地球毁灭之时 |
[19:20] | that gum will still be there. | 那块口香糖仍然坚挺 |
[19:23] | Okay, I– I do think that we know what you’re saying. | 好的 我确定我们明白你的意思了 |
[19:25] | We could all be doing a little bit better. | 我们都能做得更好 |
[19:26] | No, actually, what I’m saying is, | 不 其实我的意思是 |
[19:28] | I don’t see you doing anything, Payton. | 我没看到你的任何努力 佩顿 |
[19:30] | You’ve taken on this “issue,” right? | 你选择了这个”议题” 对吧 |
[19:32] | Possibly in good faith, | 也许出发点是好的 |
[19:34] | but your actions don’t match your rhetoric. | 但你言行不一 |
[19:37] | And if that were to get out, | 如果这事传出去 |
[19:38] | not only would it destroy the credibility of your campaign | 不仅会破坏你竞选的可信度 |
[19:42] | but also the credibility of the movement as a whole, | 还会破坏整个环保运动的可信度 |
[19:44] | and I… | 而我 |
[19:46] | I will not stand for that. | 我无法容忍这种事发生 |
[19:51] | – What’s that? – Oh, this is a checklist. | -那是什么 -这是清单 |
[19:54] | Fifteen simple steps that you guys can take | 你们可以遵循这15个简单的步骤 |
[19:56] | to zero out waste and reduce your carbon footprint | 实现”零垃圾” 并把你们的碳足迹 |
[19:58] | to an absolute minimum. | 完全降到最低 |
[20:00] | Hold up. You’re asking me to go zero waste? | 等等 你想让我实现”零垃圾” |
[20:02] | And reduce your carbon footprint to an absolute minimum. | 并把你的碳足迹降到最低 |
[20:05] | Skye has to, too. | 斯凯也要这么做 |
[20:06] | Demonstrate your commitment to the movement, | 展示你对环保运动的身体力行 |
[20:07] | or I will tell everybody you’re a fraud, and you will be… | 否则我会告诉所有人你是骗子 然后你就会 |
[20:10] | canceled. | 出局了 |
[20:11] | Wait, what? | 等等 什么 |
[20:12] | Payton, this is for your own good. | 佩顿 这是为了你好 |
[20:15] | And if you want my support | 而且如果你想要我的帮助 |
[20:17] | and the support of my many, many, many followers, | 还有我无数追随者的支持 |
[20:20] | this is my price. | 这就是代价 |
[20:22] | “Cold showers only, with plug in tub. | “只能洗冷水浴 塞上浴缸塞 |
[20:24] | Use leftover water for cooking, cleaning, and drinking”? | 剩下的水可用于做饭 清洁和饮用” |
[20:28] | Yeah, you just boil it. | 没错 只要烧开就能喝 |
[20:29] | I’m vegan now? | 我现在是素食主义者了吗 |
[20:30] | – Infinity, this is insane. – Insanely simple! | -英菲尼蒂 这太疯狂了 -狂简单 |
[20:35] | I want full compliance in 24 hours. | 我希望你们能在一天之内彻底做到 |
[20:41] | Payton, please stop going around town peddling dates with me | 佩顿 别再给我随便介绍对象了 |
[20:43] | like it’s some weird form of currency. | 好像约会是报酬一样 |
[20:45] | It’s gross, and it’s toxic, okay? | 令人作呕 而且有毒 明白吗 |
[20:47] | I’ll see you guys later. K, bye! | 再见了各位 拜拜 |
[21:43] | Oh, no. Dede! | 不是吧 迪迪 |
[21:47] | – When is this from? – I don’t know. | -这是什么时候拍的 -不清楚 |
[21:49] | It looks like somebody took it off his cell phone. | 看起来是从他手机里拿到的 |
[21:51] | It couldn’t be more than a couple of weeks ago. | 估计也就是几周前的事 |
[21:53] | What the hell is wrong with this kid? | 这孩子哪根筋搭错了 |
[21:56] | He seems to have some kind of super-specific fetish or something. | 他好像有种极其特别的癖好之类的 |
[21:59] | Do we have any idea who’s sending us these messages? | 你知道这是谁给我们的吗 |
[22:03] | A gift horse comes galloping in here, | 一匹汗血宝马朝我们飞奔而来 |
[22:05] | and you’re worried about who’s riding it? | 你却在顾忌是谁骑过来的 |
[22:06] | If someone hacked his cell phone, | 如果有人黑了他的手机 |
[22:08] | we are in possession of stolen material. | 我们就是在持有赃物了 |
[22:10] | Okay, okay. | 好吧 |
[22:13] | But that doesn’t mean we can’t use it to our advantage. | 但那不代表我们不能利用它 |
[22:23] | Did you do it? | 你照做了吗 |
[22:25] | – Let me see it. – See what? | -让我看看 -看什么 |
[22:28] | Don’t play dumb. Let me see it, your checklist. | 别装傻 给我看看你的清单 |
[22:30] | Why? I did them all. | 为什么 我都做完了 |
[22:31] | – Bullshit. – I swear to God. | -胡说 -我对天发誓 |
[22:33] | Okay. Let’s compare checklists, then, shall we? | 好 那我们可以核对一下清单吧 |
[22:37] | Let’s see. | 我看一下 |
[22:38] | Here we are, worm farm and compost bin. | 找到了 蠕虫农场和堆肥桶 |
[22:42] | Check, check. Arrived this morning. | 完成 完成 今早就到了 |
[22:45] | The worms are currently eating the boxes they came in. | 蠕虫正在吃装它们的盒子 |
[22:48] | You have not handwashed all your clothing. | 你还没把所有衣服都手洗 |
[22:49] | Yes, well, this outfit I am rewearing, so… | 是的 我穿的这件没洗就穿了 所以 |
[22:53] | I do smell a little bit, | 我闻起来有点味儿 |
[22:55] | but I’m not breaking rules | 但我没有破坏规矩 |
[22:56] | because when I wash it, I will handwash it. | 因为我到时候会亲自手洗 |
[22:58] | I also turned off the heat in my dorm room, installed LED lights, | 我还关掉了宿舍的暖气 安了LED节能灯 |
[23:01] | and I got these socks at a thrift shop. | 我还在二手店买了这双袜子 |
[23:04] | No tissues, so… | 不能用纸巾 所以 |
[23:05] | – Handkerchief! – …handkerchief! | -手帕 -手帕 |
[23:07] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[23:09] | Vegan salad. | 素食沙拉 |
[23:10] | I got a low-flow showerhead. | 我弄了一个节流淋浴喷头 |
[23:11] | I snuck onto the roof of my dorm and put a rain barrel up there. | 我偷偷爬到宿舍房顶 在那放了个接雨桶 |
[23:14] | Aluminum foil behind the radiators. | 在暖气片后面放了铝箔纸 |
[23:15] | Reusable cup, straw, to-go container. | 还有可重复使用的杯子 吸管 打包盒 |
[23:17] | And I paid a handsome sum to the IATA | 我还支付了国际航协不菲的金额 |
[23:19] | to offset the carbon emissions | 来抵消我乘坐过的 |
[23:20] | from every flight I have ever been on. | 所有航班的碳排放 |
[23:22] | So, done. | 综上 我全做到了 |
[23:25] | Impressive. | 了不起啊 |
[23:28] | Let’s see. | 我看一下 |
[23:29] | What about… | 那么 |
[23:31] | number 15? | 第十五条呢 |
[23:33] | Yeah, no. I think those were all 15. | 不 我觉得这些就是全部的十五条了 |
[23:34] | Wait, let me see. I’m just gonna read it. | 等等 我看一下 我就直接读了 |
[23:38] | “Use your leftover shower water | “用你剩下的洗澡水 |
[23:39] | for drinking, cooking, and cleaning.” | 饮用 做饭 做清洁” |
[23:42] | Okay. No, Skye, no. I can’t do that. | 不行 斯凯 我做不到这个 |
[23:44] | That’s insane, all right? | 这太疯狂了 好吗 |
[23:45] | My one pleasure in life is taking | 我生活中唯一的乐趣就是洗个 |
[23:47] | long, hot, masturbatory showers, | 悠然自得 可以撸的热水澡了 |
[23:49] | and I will not be giving that up, okay? How’s this even a problem? | 这点我绝不会妥协 懂吗 这能有什么问题 |
[23:51] | The water gets heated up downstairs | 水已经在楼下的 |
[23:52] | in the fucking boiler room anyway. | 开水房里加热过了 |
[23:54] | If I don’t use it, somebody else will. | 就算我不用 也会有其他人用的 |
[23:56] | Then what? I’m supposed to save the water that I’ve just bathed in | 然后呢 我难道要留下刚用过的洗澡水 |
[23:58] | so that I can boil it and drink it? | 把它烧开再喝下去吗 |
[24:00] | That’s like something out of a North Korean reeducation camp. | 听起来像是北朝鲜再教育营的作风 |
[24:03] | No one should have to do that. | 没人应该被迫这么做 |
[24:04] | All right? That is not sanitary. | 好吗 那样不卫生 |
[24:07] | You lying, phony piece of shit. | 你个满嘴谎言 言行不一的烂人 |
[24:10] | Skye… Skye! | 斯凯 斯凯 |
[24:12] | You know who took a cold shower this morning | 你知道我早上洗了个冷水澡吗 |
[24:14] | and stood in a little bin | 还是站在一个小桶里 |
[24:15] | and boiled the water that was left over? | 然后把剩下的水烧开了 |
[24:16] | – You didn’t. – Oh, I did. | -你不是吧 -我就是那么做了 |
[24:18] | And I made my coffee with it. And you know what? | 然后我用那些水泡了咖啡 你知道吗 |
[24:20] | That shit tasted disgusting! | 那东西喝起来恶心的要命 |
[24:21] | Okay. We can just say I did it. | 好吧 我们可以说我那么做了 |
[24:23] | Motherfucker, no! | 混账东西 不行 |
[24:24] | I had to boil and drink my own booty water! | 我被逼的都把洗澡水烧开喝下去了 |
[24:26] | If I have to do it, so do you. | 如果我必须这么做 你也逃不掉 |
[24:28] | – No. – Get your ass out of that chair right now. | -不 -把你的屁股从椅子上挪开 |
[24:29] | – We’re going to your dorm. – No way. I’m not doing it. I’m not doing it. | -我们现在去你的宿舍 -没门 我不会那么做 |
[24:31] | Okay, cool. | 好吧 没问题 |
[24:34] | Guess I’m just gonna have to call Infinity. | 看来我只能给英菲尼蒂打电话了 |
[24:37] | Infinity. That’s her number. | 英菲尼蒂 找到她的号码了 |
[24:40] | I’m dialing, and– | 我在拨号了 马上… |
[24:41] | Okay, fine! I’ll do it! | 好吧 行 我去就是了 |
[24:43] | Attaboy. And it’s the perfect time of day, too. | 好样的 现在的时间也正合适 |
[24:46] | A nice cup of booty coffee gonna perk you right up. | 一杯可口的洗澡水咖啡能让你马上振作起来 |
[24:49] | – I’m proud of you. – Shut up. This is insane. | -我为你骄傲 -闭嘴 简直太疯狂了 |
[24:52] | Okay, okay, you’re gonna time it, right? Just two minutes. | 好吧 你会给我计时吧 就两分钟 |
[24:55] | You can do this, Payton. Pain is all in your mind, you know? | 你能做到的 佩顿 痛苦都是你幻想出来的 |
[24:58] | And you’re gonna have a nice, | 马上你就能拥有 |
[25:00] | fragrant cup of coffee coming your way. | 一杯香浓可口的咖啡了 |
[25:01] | Shut up. I need to concentrate. | 闭嘴 我需要集中精力 |
[25:04] | Okay, just turn it on. That’s fine. | 好吧 打开水吧 没事的 |
[25:09] | You do it, okay? Turn it on. Just turn it on. | 你来开好吗 打开吧 赶紧打开吧 |
[25:11] | All right. | 好的 |
[25:13] | Okay! No, no, no! No, I’m not doing it. | 好了 不不不 我做不到 |
[25:15] | I’m not doing that, I’m not doing that. | 我后悔了 我做不到 |
[25:16] | – Okay? No. – Okay. All right. | -懂吗 不行 -好吧 可以 |
[25:17] | No I’m so sorry. Not happening. | 不 很抱歉 我不能这么做 |
[25:18] | Don’t care what Infinity says. | 我不管英菲尼蒂说了什么 |
[25:19] | Can I have the towel? It’s really freezing. | 能把毛巾递给我吗 我快冷死了 |
[25:21] | – Okay, thank you. – Here. | -谢谢 -给你 |
[25:23] | Who in their right mind would ever do that? | 哪个脑子正常的人会干这种事 |
[25:24] | Jesus Christ! | 我的天 |
[25:25] | What kind of country is it we’re trying to build? | 我们这是要建设一个怎么样的国家 |
[25:27] | Really? You know what I mean? | 懂我什么意思吧 |
[25:28] | It’s a moral question when you come down to it. | 归根到底这是个道德问题 |
[25:30] | Because that was worse than getting waterboarded. | 因为那比受水邢还难受 |
[25:32] | I cannot stand here and honestly say that | 我无法站在这儿 |
[25:34] | anybody should subject themselves to that. | 对任何人说你应该承受这个 |
[25:35] | And children? What? Mothers are gonna have their little babies | 还有孩子们 怎么 母亲还得强迫她们的 |
[25:38] | – forced to sit in freezing water? – You good? | -小宝宝站在冷水中吗 -你还好吗 |
[25:39] | Because, honestly, I’m not here for that. I’m not here for it! | 因为 老实说 我不是来受刑的 我不是 |
[25:43] | Hello? | 喂 |
[25:56] | Payton Hobart is here. | 佩顿·霍巴特到了 |
[26:02] | Thank you for coming, Payton. | 感谢你的到来 佩顿 |
[26:04] | Please, sit down. | 请坐 |
[26:07] | I do have a campaign to get back to, | 我还有竞选要忙 |
[26:09] | so if we could possibly keep this brief. | 所以我们最好能速战速决 |
[26:10] | Of course. | 当然 |
[26:12] | You have a lot of ground to make up. | 你有好多事要忙 |
[26:14] | And if this got out, | 如果这个泄露出去 |
[26:15] | it certainly wouldn’t help. | 肯定没什么帮助 |
[26:17] | You can have that. | 这张你留着吧 |
[26:19] | I have tons of copies, needless to say. | 毫无疑问 我有无数张复印件 |
[26:22] | That looks like a pretty recent photo | 这张照片看起来是最近拍的 |
[26:24] | with a Geronimo headdress | 戴着杰罗尼莫头饰 |
[26:26] | and then the– the Speedo. | 还有这个泳裤 |
[26:32] | Who sent this to you? | 谁把这个发给你的 |
[26:34] | How’d you get this? | 你是怎么得到的 |
[26:36] | A better question, I think, would be… | 我觉得 更好的问题是… |
[26:38] | what’s with you and Geronimo? | 你跟杰罗尼莫到底怎么了 |
[26:41] | I’m so sorry, Hadassah. | 我很抱歉 哈达莎 |
[26:42] | I’m sorry that I like something. | 抱歉我也有兴趣爱好 |
[26:44] | Sorry that I find Geronimo inspiring, okay? | 抱歉我觉得杰罗尼莫鼓舞人心好了吗 |
[26:47] | Am I a little obsessed with him? | 我是不是有一点迷恋他 |
[26:48] | Yeah, actually, I think I kind of am. | 是的 事实上 我想我是的 |
[26:50] | Who else’s name has become a literal verb? Hmm? | 还有谁把名字变成了动词 |
[26:52] | A war cry to ignore danger | 哭喊着无视战争的危险 |
[26:54] | and sacrifice yourself if you have to? | 以及在必要时牺牲自己 |
[26:57] | The man watched his wife and children get murdered, | 这个男人看着他的老婆孩子被杀了 |
[26:59] | and he still kept fighting. | 却依然继续战斗 |
[27:00] | He fought his entire life for the idea | 他一辈子都在为独立印第安民族 |
[27:02] | of an independent Indian nation, | 这个理想而战斗 |
[27:03] | so I am so, so sorry | 所以我非常非常抱歉 |
[27:05] | if polite society says I’m not allowed to like him. | 如果上流社会不允许我喜欢他 |
[27:06] | Or whatever, Okay? I’m so sorry | 或其他什么的 好吗 真抱歉 |
[27:08] | if sometimes when I feel down, I like to put the headdress on, | 有时候我心情不好 我喜欢戴上那个头饰 |
[27:11] | think about Geronimo, okay? | 想着杰罗尼莫 |
[27:12] | Who he was and what his life must’ve been like. | 他是谁 他的生活是怎么样的 |
[27:14] | And I– And I feel, | 然后我 我觉得 |
[27:16] | I don’t know, inspired, | 我说不好 备受鼓舞 |
[27:17] | and– and– and, I don’t know, powerful even? | 以及 以及 我说不好 甚至感到强大 |
[27:19] | – But why the Speedo? – I look great in the Speedo. | -那为什么要穿泳裤 -我穿泳裤很好看 |
[27:22] | – Yeah. – Okay? I look great in the headdress. | -对 -我戴头饰也很好看 |
[27:23] | So I thought, why not try the Speedo and the headdress? | 所以我想 为什么不同时试试泳裤和头饰 |
[27:25] | And you know what? I look awesome, okay? | 还有你知道吗 我看起来超帅好吗 |
[27:29] | I think that Geronimo would agree, actually, | 其实我觉得连杰罗尼莫都会赞同 |
[27:30] | that I look awesome, okay? | 我看起来超帅 |
[27:31] | I stand by this photo. | 我不会为这张照片道歉 |
[27:33] | You need deep psychological help. | 你需要深层次的心理求助 |
[27:35] | Why don’t you put it up already, okay? | 你怎么还不把照片贴起来 |
[27:36] | Get it over with and put it on Twitter, okay? | 速度的 发到推特上去 |
[27:37] | We can all just call it a day. | 今天的事就算谈完了 |
[27:39] | Know what? I’ll do you one better, | 这样吧 我自己动手 |
[27:40] | and I’ll put it up myself, okay? | 我自己发好了吧 |
[27:42] | Then we can all just call it a day. | 然后我们就一了百了了 |
[27:43] | Because I tell you one thing, | 因为我告诉你 |
[27:44] | I will not live in fear! | 我绝不会活在恐惧中 |
[27:48] | I have no intention of doing that. | 我没打算这么做 |
[27:53] | Well, then, what the hell am I doing here? | 那我…在这里搞什么 |
[27:54] | Well, one of your people, | 你身边有一个人 |
[27:56] | someone on your staff, I think it was the girl | 你的属下 我觉得是那个戴着 |
[27:58] | – with the big Gloria Steinem glasses. – Yeah. Yeah, | -大格洛丽亚同款眼镜的女孩 -对对 |
[28:00] | the one who wears the pastel suits. | 穿着淡雅西服 |
[28:02] | Looks like a sherbet Diane Keaton, which I love. | 看起来像我喜欢的那个女演员黛安·基顿 |
[28:05] | She’s been digging around, | 她一直在四处打听 |
[28:06] | and it’s gotta stop. | 这必须停止 |
[28:07] | She contacted one of my old professors | 她联系了一位之前带我的教授 |
[28:09] | and tried to get her to go on record | 并试图让她出庭作证 |
[28:11] | saying that I had plagiarized a term paper | 指认我有篇期末论文抄袭了 |
[28:13] | – on Robert Moses. – Did you? | -罗伯·摩斯 -你有吗 |
[28:16] | N– no. | 没 有 |
[28:17] | So, if you don’t want this to come out, | 如果你不想这张图泄露出去 |
[28:20] | call off your dogs. | 管好你的狗 |
[28:21] | The campaign is over, and we have won. | 竞选结束了 我们已经赢了 |
[28:23] | You leave us alone, and we’ll leave you alone. | 你离我们远点 我们也会离你远点 |
[28:26] | You’ll lose this race, | 这次选举你肯定输了 |
[28:28] | but you’ll have a future, okay? | 但你还能有未来 懂吗 |
[28:30] | And when I win, | 并且我赢了 |
[28:33] | I’ll praise your fighting spirit | 我会赞扬你的战斗精神 |
[28:36] | and set you up for the next campaign. | 还会为你下一次的竞选铺路 |
[28:41] | You got that? | 你懂了吗 |
[28:46] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[28:52] | Payton, | 佩顿 |
[28:54] | you ran a good campaign. | 你的竞选很不错 |
[28:56] | You should be proud. | 你应该感到自豪 |
[28:57] | You just aimed a little too high, that’s all. | 你只是定的目标有点太高了 仅此而已 |
[29:00] | Start small. | 从基层做起 |
[29:01] | Run for school board or something. Work your way up. | 竞选学校董事会之类的 一步步往上爬 |
[29:12] | Aren’t you worried about paparazzi down on the beach spotting us? | 你不怕被沙滩上的狗仔队发现我们吗 |
[29:16] | We’re not as interesting as you think we are. | 我们可没你想象中的那么有趣 |
[29:18] | At least you’re not. | 至少你不是 |
[29:20] | Not yet, anyway. | 至少现在还不是 |
[29:26] | So, the monster’s climate change, right? | 怪兽就是气候变化 对吧 |
[29:30] | If wild beasts came to California | 如果怪兽来到加州 |
[29:32] | and started setting everything on fire | 喷火点燃了一切 |
[29:34] | and leveling islands and drowning cities, | 摧毁岛屿 淹没城市 |
[29:36] | you can bet your sweet bottom nobody would ask | 我向你打包票没人会问 |
[29:38] | how much it would cost to kill them. | 要花多少钱才能杀光它们 |
[29:42] | I’ve had the campaign put look-alikes of us all around the state | 我让竞选团队在全州安置了酷似我们的人 |
[29:45] | to draw the press attention away. | 吸引走媒体的注意力 |
[29:47] | They’re like kittens chasing laser pointers. | 就像猫咪追逐激光红点那样好使 |
[29:51] | It defies every rule of politics | 这不符合任何政坛规则 |
[29:54] | for you to just disappear this close to an election. | 你在就快赢得选举的时候突然消失 |
[29:57] | I’m 45 points ahead. | 我领先45% |
[29:58] | I’m pulling a Garbo. | 我要使出间谍嘉宝那招 |
[29:58] | 二战最伟大最神秘的双面间谍 一人分饰28角 凭空捏造出一个完全不存在的世界谍网 在他的帮助下 1944年6约诺曼底登陆成功 | |
[30:00] | I’ve got staffers tweeting every couple of days | 我让员工每两天发推特 |
[30:02] | and surrogates doing talk shows. | 并让替身上脱口秀 |
[30:04] | I’m a mystery. | 我是个神秘人物 |
[30:07] | I’m in love with you. | 我爱上你了 |
[30:10] | Oh, God. Please don’t be. | 天呐 千万别 |
[30:13] | I’ve got some new polling data, hot off the presses. | 我刚拿到新的民调数据 媒体新鲜出炉 |
[30:17] | I am 14 days away | 再过14天 |
[30:18] | from when over 67 percent of likely voters | 就到了67%的可能选民认为 |
[30:21] | think it’s appropriate for me to start dating. | 我能重新开始约会的时候了 |
[30:25] | No way. | 不会吧 |
[30:26] | I’ve had ten doctors look at my wife’s charts. | 我让十位医生看了我妻子的病历 |
[30:29] | Her brain is applesauce. | 她的脑子已经成浆糊了 |
[30:31] | She is never waking up. It’s time for me to move on… | 她不会再醒来了 是时候到我继续往前了 |
[30:37] | with you. | 和你在一起 |
[30:38] | No more sneaking around, | 不再偷偷摸摸 |
[30:41] | loads of free press. | 成堆的自由采访 |
[30:44] | You don’t think that sneaking around is the best thing about us? | 你不觉得偷偷摸摸是我们最完美的状态吗 |
[30:47] | Not for a second. | 从不 |
[30:50] | Georgina, you are the best thing that has ever happened to me. | 乔治娜 你是我生命中最美好的事物 |
[30:57] | Okay, fine, | 那行吧 |
[30:59] | but if it doesn’t work out, | 不过如果咱俩没成 |
[31:01] | promise me you will not throw yourself out a window. | 答应我你不会跳楼 |
[31:07] | Thank you for having this conversation outside the office. | 谢谢你出来跟我谈 |
[31:09] | I don’t trust that we are not being bugged. | 我觉得我们可能被监听了 |
[31:11] | Why are you covering your mouth? | 你为什么捂着嘴 |
[31:13] | In case there are lip-readers spying on us. | 以防会读唇语的间谍在监视我们 |
[31:19] | Certainly possible. | 确实有可能 |
[31:21] | – Wait, you really think so? – No, dumbass. | -等等 你真这么认为 -当然不 白痴 |
[31:24] | You’re running for state senate, | 你在竞选州参议员 |
[31:25] | and you’re losing by, like, 170 points. | 还落后了差不多170% |
[31:27] | Nobody cares enough to hire professional lip-readers | 没人在乎到会雇一个会读唇语的间谍 |
[31:30] | to find out what your next shrewd political move is. | 来搞清楚你下一个精妙的政治行动 |
[31:34] | I need to know who’s doing all this to me. | 我得知道是谁在搞我 |
[31:36] | The yearbook photo was your twin brothers. | 年鉴照片是你的双胞胎哥哥 |
[31:39] | What? How do you know that? | 什么 你怎么知道 |
[31:41] | I mean, I’m gonna need like, some proof. | 我的需要一些证据 |
[31:43] | Was there fingerprints on the envelope? | 信封上有指纹吗 |
[31:44] | Like, DNA? | 或者DNA |
[31:47] | I called them, numbnuts. | 我给他们打电话了 蠢货 |
[31:54] | – Hello? – This is Andrew. | -喂 -我是安德鲁 |
[31:55] | I work on your brother’s campaign. Is now a good time? | 在你弟弟的竞选团队工作 现在方便说话吗 |
[31:58] | No, we’re, uh– we’re working. | 不 我们 我们在工作 |
[32:00] | Then why do I hear yoga sounds in the background? | 那我怎么听到了瑜伽的背景音乐 |
[32:03] | What do you want? | 你有何贵干 |
[32:04] | Did you two send the yearbook picture of Payton | 你们俩是不是把佩顿扮成杰罗尼莫的 |
[32:06] | dressed like Geronimo? | 年鉴照片发给别人了 |
[32:07] | Yes, we did. | 对 是我们 |
[32:11] | So they just admitted it? | 他们直接承认了 |
[32:12] | I’ve never met anyone whose enemies | 我从没见过有谁的敌人 |
[32:14] | take so much pride and pleasure in destroying them. | 会对摧毁对方感到如此骄傲和愉悦 |
[32:17] | People really hate you. | 大家真的很恨你 |
[32:21] | Ooh, did you ask if they sent the photo from my phone, too? | 你问了他们有没有黑进我手机发那张照片吗 |
[32:23] | I didn’t have to. | 没必要问 |
[32:24] | I know they didn’t. | 我知道不是他们 |
[32:26] | – I did my own forensic study of the photograph. – Careful. | -我自己鉴识了一下这张照片 -小心点 |
[32:29] | It wasn’t hacked from your phone. | 这不是黑进你手机获得的 |
[32:30] | Someone took a picture of the picture. See? | 有人拍了你手机上的照片 你瞧 |
[32:32] | You can see the edges of your lame phone case | 能在照片的上面角落看到 |
[32:35] | in the top corner of the shot. | 你那个丑爆了的手机壳 |
[32:37] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[32:40] | But that’s not possible. | 但那不可能 |
[32:40] | Nobody that hates me has been close enough to my phone. | 恨我的人都不可能接近我的手机 |
[32:43] | Unless… | 除非… |
[32:46] | The leak is coming from within. | 是内部人员泄露的 |
[32:51] | This is a photo of me in a Geronimo headdress | 这是一张我戴着杰罗尼莫头饰 |
[32:54] | and a tight-fitting red Speedo. | 穿着红色紧身泳裤的照片 |
[32:57] | I was given this photo | 这是别人给我的 |
[32:59] | by Dede Standish herself. | 而且是迪迪·斯丹迪施 |
[33:03] | Someone in this room sent it to her. | 把照片发给她的人就坐在这间屋子里 |
[33:09] | And I would like to know who that was. | 我很想知道是谁 |
[33:10] | Hold on. What makes you think it was one of us? | 等等 你为什么觉得是我们之一 |
[33:13] | Yeah, maybe they figured out how to hack your phone. | 就是 也许他们找方法黑进了你手机 |
[33:16] | Let’s look very closely, shall we? | 大家仔细看看照片吧 |
[33:17] | This is not a hacked image, okay? | 这不是一张黑客盗取的照片 |
[33:19] | A photo was taken of the image | 这张照片是拍摄的 |
[33:20] | by someone who was physically holding my phone. | 被一个实际拿着我手机的人拍的 |
[33:23] | Like all of you, I consider this device to be an appendage | 像你们一样 我把这个小玩意当作我身体 |
[33:25] | of my personal body. | 不可或缺的一部分 |
[33:27] | I sleep with it. | 我跟它一起睡觉 |
[33:29] | I shower with it. | 一起洗澡 |
[33:32] | The only time that I was away from my phone | 过去一周内我唯一一次离开手机 |
[33:34] | for longer than a minute in the past week | 超过一分钟的时候 |
[33:36] | was two days ago when all of us were here in this room, | 就是两天前 当我们都在这件屋子里时 |
[33:39] | and I saw a rat. | 我看到了老鼠的那刻 |
[33:40] | Oh, my God! Oh, my God, there’s a rat! | 天呐 天呐 老鼠 |
[33:43] | There’s a rat! Jesus! | 有老鼠 天呐 |
[33:45] | – Ow! Fuck! Shit! – Here we go. Here we go. | -改死 见鬼 -我们走 我们走 |
[33:47] | While I was out of the room, somebody went through my phone, | 在我离开这间屋子后 有人翻阅了我的手机 |
[33:51] | found the image, and took a photo of it, | 找到了照片 翻拍了一张 |
[33:53] | and I need to know who that was. | 我的知道是谁 |
[34:00] | What is happening here, you guys? | 这是怎么了 各位 |
[34:02] | It was me. | 是我 |
[34:05] | I was feeling… jealous. | 我觉得…很嫉妒 |
[34:08] | Ow! Fuck! Shit! | 改死 见鬼 |
[34:10] | And I wanted to make sure | 我想确保 |
[34:13] | that there weren’t any photos of you and Astrid | 没有任何你和阿斯特丽德的照片 |
[34:15] | doing something that we hadn’t agreed on. | 做着我们没同意的事情 |
[34:22] | – Wait, what? – Sometimes we have sex together | -等等 什么 -有时我们会三人行 |
[34:24] | and watch Gilmore Girls. | 并一起看《吉尔莫女孩》 |
[34:25] | Deal with it. | 接受现实吧 |
[34:27] | I saw that photo, and I was really confused. | 我看到照片 觉得非常困惑 |
[34:31] | You took that photo just a few days ago, | 这是你几天前才拍的 |
[34:34] | and… I didn’t know what to do, | 而且 我不知道该怎么办 |
[34:36] | so I sent it to James. | 所以我发给了詹姆斯 |
[34:40] | It’s a weird photo, Payton. | 这照片太诡异了 佩顿 |
[34:42] | After Alice sent it, | 在艾丽斯发给我后 |
[34:43] | I sent it to Astrid, Skye, and McAfee | 我发给了阿斯特丽德 斯凯和迈克菲 |
[34:45] | so we could all sit down and figure out | 好让我们坐下商量讨论 |
[34:46] | if we needed to do an intervention. | 是否需要给你开干预会 |
[34:48] | Traitors. Traitors, all of you! | 叛徒 你们都是叛徒 |
[34:49] | We just wanted to know, like, how often you wear the headdress. | 我们只想知道 你多久戴一次头饰 |
[34:52] | And, like, is it always with the Speedo, | 还有 你总是穿着泳裤 |
[34:54] | or just, like, sometimes? | 还是偶尔才穿 |
[34:56] | But… we kept it in-house. | 但我们只在内部讨论 |
[34:59] | We didn’t leak the photo. | 没有泄露照片 |
[35:02] | I did. | 是我泄露的 |
[35:05] | – What? – You’ve gotta be kidding me. | -什么 -你开什么国际玩笑 |
[35:07] | I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have done it. But you lied, Payton. | 对不起 我不该这么做 但你撒谎了 佩顿 |
[35:11] | You gave this whole speech | 你激情澎湃地演讲了一通 |
[35:12] | about how it was just a costume you wore | 说这只是你六岁时 |
[35:14] | when you were six, | 穿过的服装 |
[35:15] | when this photo proves that that isn’t the case. | 但这张照片证明根本不是这么回事 |
[35:17] | This is something you do all the time, evidently. | 显然这是你经常会做的事情 |
[35:19] | You weren’t being honest about it, | 你没有开诚布公 |
[35:21] | and it was going to come out at some point. | 而且这事迟早会被抖出来 |
[35:22] | And I figured if we were giving up on this campaign | 我就想着 如果我们打算放弃这次竞选 |
[35:25] | and looking to the next one, | 并寻找下一个的话 |
[35:26] | then we should get this weird, | 那我们就应该把这个诡异 |
[35:27] | Geronimo-in-a-Speedo fetish thing out of the way now | 穿泳裤拌杰罗尼莫的怪癖彻底曝光 |
[35:30] | so that it comes out | 这样它就只是 |
[35:31] | during a campaign you’re gonna lose | 一个你肯定会输的竞选中的污点 |
[35:33] | rather than the next one that you might actually win. | 而不是在下一个你可能赢的竞选 |
[35:37] | We’re done. | 我们结束了 |
[35:41] | Just get out. | 你走吧 |
[35:42] | Okay? You’re canceled. | 好吗 你出局了 |
[35:45] | We’ve been through this rage cycle with you two before. | 我们之前经历过一次你俩的愤怒吵架 |
[35:47] | – It’s reductive. – Payton, please! | -简直是重蹈覆辙 -佩顿 拜托 |
[35:49] | I was trying to do the right thing. | 我只是想做正确的事 |
[35:50] | You weren’t being honest, and I wanted | 你在撒谎 我只想让你 |
[35:51] | all of the skeletons out of the closet. | 不再有见不得人的秘密 |
[35:53] | You’re fired, McAfee! | 你被开除了 迈克菲 |
[35:55] | Get out! | 离开 |
[36:03] | It was me. I sent the Speedo photo. | 是我 我发了泳裤的照片 |
[36:05] | – But why? – I want to put Payton’s campaign out of its misery. | -但为什么 -我想让佩顿的竞选长痛不如短痛 |
[36:08] | He’s finished, probably for good, | 他完蛋了 或许永远都不行了 |
[36:10] | and I’m tired of working for someone | 而我厌倦了给一个 |
[36:11] | who I know that I’m smarter than. | 我明知比我笨的人工作 |
[36:14] | Also, you were right. | 而且你说得对 |
[36:16] | I’m ambitious, | 我很有野心 |
[36:17] | and you saw it the moment you met me. | 你第一次见我时就看出来了 |
[36:19] | I did. And like then, | 没错 而且跟那时一样 |
[36:21] | I like your personal style. | 我喜欢你的风格 |
[36:27] | I don’t care about a state senate seat. | 我不在乎州参议员的席位 |
[36:29] | I want to go to Washington. | 我想去华盛顿 |
[36:31] | That’s where you and Dede are headed. | 那是你和迪迪进军的地方 |
[36:33] | I thought by handing you Payton, | 我想着把佩顿交给你们 |
[36:34] | I would prove that I could be trusted. | 我能证明自己能被信任 |
[36:36] | But this doesn’t prove that at all. | 但这个什么都证明不了 |
[36:38] | How do I know you’re not some kind of mole? | 我怎么知道你不是间谍呢 |
[36:39] | Because we already have a mole. | 因为我们已经安插了间谍 |
[36:41] | Andrew. | 安德鲁 |
[36:45] | You should get rid of him. | 你该开除他 |
[36:47] | Those cats he gave you, they’re bugged. | 他送你们的招财猫 里面有窃听器 |
[36:49] | There’s one at your house, one at Dede’s. | 你家有一个 迪迪家有一个 |
[36:53] | Sherry, get William on the phone. | 雪莉 打给威廉 |
[36:55] | Okay, you’re hired. | 好吧 你被雇佣了 |
[36:57] | No, Sherry, you do it. | 不 雪莉 你来打 |
[37:00] | Because it’s your job! | 因为这是你的工作 |
[37:02] | Guess I’ll find myself a desk. | 我自己去找张桌子吧 |
[37:36] | It’s done. | 搞定了 |
[37:38] | I’m inside. | 我进去了 |
[37:40] | Okay, good. | 好 很好 |
[37:43] | That was really hard today, | 但今天我很难受 |
[37:45] | particularly because I don’t really understand what the plan is. | 尤其是因为我不是完全了解计划是什么 |
[37:49] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[37:51] | as soon as I saw that the twins had leaked the yearbook photo, | 我一发现那对双胞胎泄露了我的年鉴后 |
[37:55] | I knew we were in trouble. | 我就知道我们有麻烦了 |
[37:57] | The campaign as I’d pictured it, | 我曾经设想的竞选 |
[37:58] | the one I wanted to run, that was over. | 我想开展的竞选 已经结束了 |
[38:01] | We’d have to shake the whole thing up. | 我们得彻底改变整件事的基调 |
[38:06] | We needed Dede and Hadassah | 我们需要迪迪和哈达莎 |
[38:07] | to see me as… | 认为我是… |
[38:10] | …fatally compromised, | 江郎才尽 彻底完蛋 |
[38:12] | and I needed our campaign to… | 我需要我们的竞选团队 |
[38:14] | think exactly the same thing. | 也这么想 |
[38:17] | So, you will confirm for them | 所以 你要向他们确保 |
[38:19] | that our campaign is a dumpster fire | 我们的竞选彻底玩完了 |
[38:22] | and that they’ve got this whole thing wrapped up, | 让他们觉得自己掌握了整件事 |
[38:25] | just at the moment when we’ve got our campaign’s | 而此时我们竞选团队中 |
[38:28] | brightest political mind | 最聪慧的政治人才 |
[38:30] | screwing them from the inside. | 正从内部瓦解他们 |
[38:33] | We have two weeks. I’ll start digging. | 我们有两周时间 我会开始调查 |
[38:36] | Good. Something big enough to take her down. | 很好 挖出足够猛的黑料来扳倒她 |
[38:40] | You are our last play, McAfee. | 你是我们的最后一招 迈克菲 |
[38:44] | This is our Hail Mary. | 这是我们的万福玛利亚传球 |
[38:44] | 美式橄榄球术语 指成功率很低的长距离直传 一般在比赛快结束时 比分相差一个达阵内使用 孤注一掷地传球以求在最后时刻绝杀逆转比赛 | |
[38:47] | I’m on it. | 交给我吧 |