时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:06] | This is today. | 这是今天的数据 |
[00:07] | Your current approval rating is 91 percent, | 现在你的支持率是91% |
[00:09] | higher than Michelle Obama, | 超过了米歇尔·奥巴马 |
[00:11] | Oprah, golden retriever puppies, and orgasms. | 奥普拉 金毛小猎犬 还有性高潮 |
[00:14] | Who are these insane nine percent of people | 那剩下9%的人有什么问题吗 |
[00:16] | who don’t like those things? | 他们竟然不喜欢这些 |
[00:17] | Some people just like to watch the world burn. | 有些人就喜欢看天下大乱 |
[00:20] | I mean, Lyndon LaRouche got votes | 林登·拉鲁什在92年总统竞选中 |
[00:21] | in the ’92 presidential campaign, | 也得到了支持 |
[00:22] | and he was running from jail. | 他当时还在坐牢 |
[00:23] | All I know is that JFK had to get shot to pull these numbers. | 我只知道肯尼迪被刺杀后 才能得到这么多支持 |
[00:27] | My mother said that she had an affair | 我妈妈说她和肯尼迪 |
[00:28] | with JFK at the Mayflower Hotel, | 在五月花酒店有过私情 |
[00:31] | but she was a habitual liar. | 但她撒谎成性 |
[00:33] | My son has wanted to be in politics since he was a child. | 我儿子自小就想从事政治 |
[00:37] | I know. | 我知道 |
[00:38] | I actually worked for his competition | 我其实为他的对手工作过 |
[00:39] | on the Saint Sebastian student body president campaign. | 就在竞选圣塞巴斯蒂安的学生会主席时 |
[00:42] | He’s the one who recommended me to you for this job. | 这份工作就是他把我引荐给你的 |
[00:44] | Oh, yes. Forgive me, sweetheart. | 是的 抱歉 亲爱的 |
[00:46] | I have a thing where I forget young people. | 我总是记不住你们年轻人 |
[00:48] | It’s a tic I have. | 这是我的一个毛病 |
[00:51] | I never understood the draw of politics. | 我一直不懂政治有什么吸引力 |
[00:53] | It’s so transactional. | 目的性太强了 |
[00:55] | So much work to get support | 为了让那些你看不起的人支持你 |
[00:56] | from people whom you don’t even respect. | 你需要做的事太多了 |
[00:59] | But I understand it now. | 但我现在明白了 |
[01:02] | There are jobs that feed the ego, | 有些职业能实现自我 |
[01:04] | and there are jobs that make a difference. | 有些职业能改变世界 |
[01:07] | Politics does both. | 政治两者皆是 |
[01:08] | It’s vanity without the bitter aftertaste. | 政治能满足虚荣心 事后也不会痛苦 |
[01:12] | I would strike while the iron’s hot | 我会趁热打铁 |
[01:13] | and come up with some | 想出一些 |
[01:14] | normally impossible-to-accomplish policy proposals. | 通常来说难以企及的政策提议 |
[01:17] | Voters would follow you into battle | 选民们会在这场战争中追随你 |
[01:19] | or even give up chocolate for you at this point. | 甚至愿意为你放弃巧克力 |
[01:21] | But that doesn’t sound fun. | 但这听起来有点无聊 |
[01:23] | How about… | 这样如何 |
[01:25] | we bury all of the power lines to prevent wildfires? | 我们把所有输电线都埋到地下 防止发生山火 |
[01:29] | No. | 不 |
[01:30] | Okay, no. Something more bold. | 好吧 这样不行 要更大胆一点 |
[01:32] | How about we ban plastic from the state of California? | 我们在加州禁止塑料使用怎么样 |
[01:36] | Checkpoints at every border crossing. | 在加州所有分界处设立检查点 |
[01:38] | The Great Pacific Plastic Garbage Patch | 太平洋塑料垃圾带已经有超过 |
[01:41] | is over 80,000 tons and growing. | 八万吨垃圾了 这个数字还在增长 |
[01:43] | I refuse to let the future independent nation of California | 我不允许未来的独立国家加利福尼亚 |
[01:46] | contribute even one ounce. | 为这些垃圾贡献分毫 |
[01:48] | Ah, ma’am, your ice bath is ready. | 女士 您的冰浴准备好了 |
[01:50] | Excellent. | 很好 |
[01:51] | I will not be satisfied | 在支持率达到 |
[01:52] | until that approval rating reaches 100 percent. | 百分之百之前我是不会满意的 |
[01:55] | I can’t see what could get in your way, ma’am. | 我觉得没什么能阻挡您 女士 |
[02:13] | Mrs. McCutcheon, you’re awake. | 麦卡琴太太 你醒了 |
[02:16] | How long have I been here? | 我在这里躺多久了 |
[02:17] | You’ve been in a coma for almost three years. | 你已经昏迷将近三年了 |
[02:19] | We need to call the doctors. | 我们需要叫医生过来 |
[02:21] | No, you need to call the press. | 不 你要通知媒体 |
[02:23] | But first, I’m gonna need hair and makeup. | 但是首先我要化妆做头发 |
[02:25] | Do you want us to contact your husband? | 你想让我们联系你的丈夫吗 |
[02:26] | No. No. | 不 不用 |
[02:28] | That dickwad can hear what I have to say | 那家伙可以和全世界的人一起 |
[02:30] | with the rest of the world. | 听到我要说的话 |
[04:07] | 佩顿·霍巴特 竞选州参议员 | |
[04:07] | Anyone see you? | 没人看见你吧 |
[04:08] | Not yet. If you don’t open the door, they will. | 目前没有 如果你再不开门 就会有人看见了 |
[04:10] | Okay. | 好的 |
[04:13] | I have something. It’s good. I don’t know how good, | 我打探到消息了 很有用 但不确定多么有用 |
[04:15] | – but good. – Okay. | -但是有用 -好的 |
[04:19] | – All right. Lay it on me. – “Lay it on me”? Who are you? | -好了 交给我吧 -“交给我” 你以为你是谁 |
[04:21] | Just, what is it? | 到底是什么事 |
[04:22] | Okay, so Dede’s ahead, right? | 好吧 迪迪遥遥领先对吧 |
[04:24] | So, there’s basically nothing for me to do over there. | 所以 我在那儿基本上没什么事可做 |
[04:26] | I mean, there’s nothing for anyone to do. | 那边的人都无所事事 |
[04:28] | And you know I’m a woman, right? | 你也知道我是个女人吧 |
[04:30] | – Yes. – Like, you know | -是的 -你知道 |
[04:31] | I have a woman’s intuition, how that’s an actual thing? | 我作为女人的直觉 一直都很准 |
[04:34] | Okay, so there’s something up with Hadassah. | 好了 最近哈达莎有点不对 |
[04:36] | At first, I was like, no, she’s happy | 一开始我还以为 不 她是因为要赢了 |
[04:37] | because she’s going to win, but then I realized | 才这么高兴 但之后我察觉到 |
[04:39] | no, she’s different. | 不 她不一样了 |
[04:42] | Frappuccino, Sherry. | 星冰乐 雪莉 |
[04:45] | I’ll take that if you don’t want it. | 你不喝的话就给我吧 |
[04:46] | No! She put something in it. | 不 她在里面下东西了 |
[04:48] | She used to just bark at me. | 她过去只对我大吼大叫 |
[04:51] | And then suddenly, she seemed to almost like me. | 然后突然间 她好像有点喜欢我了 |
[04:54] | McAfee, come in here. | 迈克菲 进来一下 |
[04:58] | Do you know anything about spicy lube? | 你了解辛辣润滑油吗 |
[05:01] | I’m sorry, what? | 抱歉 你说什么 |
[05:02] | You know, like for… intercourse? | 就是用来 性交的 |
[05:05] | Do you mean warming lube? | 你是说热身的润滑油吗 |
[05:06] | Because I’m pretty sure spicy wouldn’t feel good down there. | 因为我确定太辣的话 下面不会好受的 |
[05:09] | Yeah! Yeah, that’s it. | 没错 就是那个 |
[05:10] | Where it’s tingly for him and her. | 让他和她都有刺痛感 |
[05:12] | – Have you ever tried it? – No. | -你之前试过吗 -没有 |
[05:13] | But I’ve seen it at the store. | 但我在商店见过 |
[05:15] | Oh, great. I need you to go get me some. | 太好了 我需要你帮我买一些 |
[05:17] | But don’t bring it back here, okay? | 但别带到这里来 好吗 |
[05:18] | Bring it to my place and leave it with the doorman. | 买完后带到我家 交给门卫 |
[05:20] | No, don’t. Don’t, don’t, don’t. | 不 别 别 别 别 |
[05:21] | He’ll look inside. Tell you what… | 他会偷看的 这样吧… |
[05:26] | just leave it in the nightstand, next to my bed. | 把它放我床边的床头柜上 |
[05:29] | Right side, top drawer. Got it? | 右边 上面第一个抽屉 明白吗 |
[05:30] | – Sure. – And don’t tell anyone | -当然 -千万不要告诉任何人 |
[05:32] | you got me spicy lube, got it? | 你帮我买了辛辣润滑液 明白吗 |
[05:34] | – Got it. – Okay. | -明白 -好 |
[05:35] | Good. Go! | 很好 去吧 |
[05:37] | We’re gonna call this… | 我们要称之为… |
[05:39] | “Operation… | “辛辣润滑液… |
[05:41] | Spicy Lube.” | 行动” |
[05:45] | Hello? So, she’s obviously | 有人吗 显然 |
[05:47] | having sex with someone, right? | 她在和人上床 对吧 |
[05:48] | And I’m dying to find out who it is. | 我迫切地想要知道那个人是谁 |
[05:50] | Not even for the campaign, just for, like, myself. | 甚至不是为了竞选 就是为了我自己 |
[05:52] | I was fascinated. | 我非常好奇 |
[05:54] | So she’s got this closet, right? | 她有个衣帽间 |
[05:55] | So many shoes. | 好多的鞋 |
[05:56] | Like, so many. | 不计其数 |
[05:58] | It’s like she went to Bergdorf’s and bought out the place. | 就好像她去波道夫百货公司把那的鞋全买了 |
[06:00] | No way she’s worn half of them. | 她连一半都穿不过来 |
[06:02] | – I don’t care about the shoes. – Fine. | -鞋的事我根本没兴趣 -好吧 |
[06:04] | Then I saw that half of her closet is formal wear, | 然后我看到衣帽间有一半放的是正装 |
[06:06] | stuff that she’s probably touched once a month. | 可能是每个月穿一次的那种 |
[06:08] | And I knew she didn’t have an event that night. | 我知道她当晚没有活动 |
[06:10] | You didn’t. | 你不会吧 |
[06:12] | I did. | 是的 |
[06:16] | All right. | 好吧 |
[06:17] | What have we got here? Let’s see, let’s see. | 我们穿什么呢 我们看看 |
[06:19] | Okay. | 这个 |
[06:20] | Oh, it’s your lucky night, baby girl. | 今晚宠幸你吧 小东西 |
[06:23] | So she got back around 9:00, | 她晚上9点左右回的家 |
[06:25] | and she picked out this sexy little number. | 她选了件性感的小衣服 |
[06:27] | She talked to herself the whole time, | 她不停地自言自语 |
[06:29] | and then at around 9:30, he shows up. | 大概九点半 他出现了 |
[06:31] | Who? | 谁 |
[06:33] | William. | 威廉 |
[06:34] | Wait. Wait, wait, wait. | 等等 等等 等等 |
[06:36] | Threesome William? | 三人行的威廉 |
[06:38] | And the spicy lube, both of them loved it. | 那个辛辣润滑液 他们俩都很喜欢 |
[06:40] | Like, really loved it. | 喜欢得不行不行的 |
[06:42] | Like, it seemed so effective that I might consider trying it. | 效果好到我都想试试了 |
[06:44] | In fact, I’m going to. | 实际上 我要试试 |
[06:45] | Stop talking about the lube. Hold up. | 别再说润滑液了 等一下 |
[06:47] | You just, what? You stayed there all night? | 那你 怎么着 你在那待了一整晚 |
[06:48] | Just until they fell asleep. | 就等到他们都睡着了 |
[06:49] | They’re both crazy snorers, so I knew they wouldn’t hear. | 他们俩打呼都特别厉害 所以我知道他们听不见 |
[06:52] | – Good night. – Doorman saw me, | -晚安 -门房看见我了 |
[06:53] | but he didn’t think anything of it. It was, like, 10:30. | 但他没觉得有什么不对 那时是十点半吧 |
[06:55] | I called you, then I came straight here. | 我给你打了电话 然后就直接来了 |
[06:57] | I mean, I don’t know if this wins us the race, | 我不知道这事是否能为我们赢得选举 |
[06:59] | but if we leak the whole throuple thing is a sham, | 可如果我们透露说这三人行就是胡扯 |
[07:01] | I mean, that’s so weird. | 这也太诡异了吧 |
[07:02] | That’s, like, a crazy lie for her to tell. | 她说这个么变态的谎话 |
[07:04] | And like it or not, voters don’t tolerate a woman | 不管你喜欢不喜欢 选民无法忍受 |
[07:07] | whom they perceive as a liar. | 他们认为会撒谎的女人 |
[07:08] | They’ll accept it from a man, | 他们可以接受这样的男人 |
[07:09] | but I think it makes Dede look underhanded and craven. | 但我觉得这会人迪迪看起来既卑鄙又怯懦 |
[07:12] | It destroys her whole “older women are sexy” thing. | 这会摧毁她的”成熟的女人很性感”那套说辞 |
[07:15] | I mean, she’s gonna have to explain what’s going on. | 她必须要把一切解释清楚 |
[07:17] | I think she loses ten points | 我想她会丢掉十个点 |
[07:19] | and still wins, but by 15 instead of 25. | 仍能获胜 但只赢15%而不是25% |
[07:21] | And suddenly, you’re set up for the next campaign. | 那么你就能准备好迎接下一次选举了 |
[07:23] | No, this is big. | 不 这事太劲爆了 |
[07:25] | This could push her out of the race. | 这事有可能逼她退出选举 |
[07:27] | This is exactly what we needed! | 这正是我们所需要的 |
[07:29] | This is our Hail Mary. | 这就是我们的万福玛利亚传球 |
[07:31] | Okay. | 好 |
[07:32] | I’m getting dressed. I know what the next move is. | 我去穿衣服 我知道下一步该怎么做 |
[07:36] | You have a second? | 您有时间吗 |
[07:37] | Get in here. | 快进来 |
[07:41] | You… | 你… |
[07:42] | – have got to try it. – What? | -一定得试试 -什么 |
[07:45] | The spicy lube. It’s… | 辛辣润滑液啊 它… |
[07:47] | oh, boy! Spicy. | 我的天 火辣辣 |
[07:51] | Yeah, I just wanted to tell you | 我正想告诉你 |
[07:52] | I was at the front desk, and some guy called, | 我刚在前台 有个人打来电话 |
[07:54] | William, I think he said. Um, he said he was trying to reach you, | 威廉吧 我觉得他说 他想找你 |
[07:56] | but his phone was dying. | 但他的电话没电了 |
[07:58] | Said it was urgent. Something about a proposal? | 说有急事 提议[求婚]之类的 |
[08:00] | What? | 什么 |
[08:01] | – A proposal? – Yeah. I don’t know what it would be. | -求婚吗 -嗯 我不清楚到底是什么事 |
[08:04] | Um, maybe he’s an outside contractor for the campaign. | 也许他是个竞选活动的外部承包商吧 |
[08:06] | Anyway, he’s at Balthazar. | 总之 他在巴尔萨泽餐厅 |
[08:08] | Okay, I’ll be back. | 好 我这就回来 |
[08:18] | Hadassah! | 哈达莎 |
[08:21] | Hi! | 你好 |
[08:27] | – What are you doing here? – Just sit. I’ll explain. | -你在这干什么 -先坐下 我来解释 |
[08:31] | So, here’s what’s going on. | 情况是这样的 |
[08:32] | You and Dede are lying. | 你和迪迪在撒谎 |
[08:34] | There is no throuple | 没有什么三人行 |
[08:35] | because you’re in a relationship with William, | 因为你在和威廉交往 |
[08:36] | who clearly is not here now. | 他显然不在这 |
[08:39] | You son of a bitch. | 你这个王八蛋 |
[08:40] | So, we have some options. | 我们有几种选择 |
[08:42] | I could go to The New York Times. | 我可以去找《纽约时报》 |
[08:43] | It’s splashed across the front pages | 在选举的最后几天 |
[08:45] | the last few days of the election. | 让这事占据各家头条的版面 |
[08:47] | Dede wins, but not by much. | 迪迪会赢 但赢得不多 |
[08:49] | She loses the VP slot, | 她失去副总统的参选资格 |
[08:50] | and I live to see another campaign. | 而我则全身而退准备下一场竞选 |
[08:51] | Oh, you slimy little– | 你个虚伪小人 |
[08:53] | Or you could get her to pull out. | 或者你可以让她退出 |
[08:56] | Right? She can’t be all that jazzed | 她不可能对再当两年 |
[08:57] | about yet another two years as “majority leader,” you know? | “多数党领袖”感到兴奋了 对吧 |
[09:00] | And she keeps her VP hopes alive. | 也让她的副总统之梦得以延续 |
[09:01] | You arrogant little prick. | 你这个傲慢的小混蛋 |
[09:03] | Just hang on one second. There’s also you personally. | 等我说完 还有你本人 |
[09:06] | I really think it’s you that’s in the most danger. | 我真的觉得你的处境才最危险 |
[09:08] | Dede Standish’s sloppy seconds? | 迪迪·斯丹迪施的落魄时刻 |
[09:10] | That’s not a good look. And whatever she does decide to do, | 真的不好看 无论她决定做什么 |
[09:12] | it’s not like she can take you along with her. | 她又不可能带着你一起 |
[09:14] | Your career will be… over. | 你的职业生涯就完蛋了 |
[09:15] | You hateful, double-dealing little futz. | 你这个奸诈可恶的小混蛋 |
[09:17] | Yep, yep, yep. Just one more thing. | 对对对 还有一件事 |
[09:19] | So it’s Friday now. Uh, the election is Tuesday. | 今天是周五 选举是下周二 |
[09:22] | So you have 12 hours, and then I will go to the press. | 所以你还有12个小时时间 然后我就去联系媒体 |
[09:29] | Oh, you can go now. | 你现在可以走了 |
[09:33] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[09:35] | Four days left. Dede is so far ahead, | 还剩四天 迪迪现在遥遥领先 |
[09:39] | she drops out today, she still wins. | 就算她今天退出 她还是会赢 |
[09:41] | Candidates who die before election day have been known to win. | 在选举日之前死去的候选人都获胜过 |
[09:44] | Yeah, but think about it. | 是的 但你想想 |
[09:46] | You know, your voters, no offense, | 无意冒犯 你知道你们的选民 |
[09:48] | they skew a little bit older, right? | 年龄层偏高对吧 |
[09:51] | And she made such a thing of this throuple, | 她把三人行这件事搞得人尽皆知 |
[09:53] | this sexual, powerful woman of a certain age. | 这个性欲旺盛 有权有势的年长女性 |
[09:55] | I’m sure it caused many a conversation over dinner, | 我敢肯定这成为了很多人晚餐桌上的八卦话题 |
[09:58] | probably even caused some people | 甚至可能就此引起一些人 |
[09:59] | to express very strong opinions about it | 对他们的配偶 他们的朋友 |
[10:01] | to their spouses, to their friends. | 表达非常强烈的意见 |
[10:04] | So for that to now be exposed as a lie, | 结果现在被揭穿是个谎言 |
[10:07] | as a weird political ploy… | 一种奇怪的政治策略 |
[10:12] | …I think a lot of her voters stay home on Tuesday. | 我想她的很多选民周二都会留在家里 |
[10:15] | Wouldn’t you say? | 你说是吧 |
[10:17] | You’re good. | 你很厉害 |
[10:20] | I give you that. | 我承认 |
[10:21] | You’re going places. | 你前途无量 |
[10:23] | – I even admire you a little bit. – Now get out. | -我都开始欣赏你了 -快走吧 |
[10:27] | But you forgot one thing. | 但你忘了一件事 |
[10:29] | What is that? | 什么事 |
[10:31] | I’m not telling you. | 我不告诉你 |
[10:34] | Run your story. | 去爆料吧 |
[10:36] | I don’t give a shit. | 我才不在乎 |
[10:43] | Thank you for suggesting we take a walk. | 谢谢你提议我们出来走走 |
[10:45] | Nothing works better to clear the mind. | 没什么比这更能让人理清思绪的了 |
[10:48] | I think it was, um, Henry David Thoreau who said– | 我记得好像是 亨利·大卫·梭罗说过 |
[10:50] | I’m pregnant. | 我怀孕了 |
[10:52] | Okay, no. I don’t think he ever said that. | 好了别闹了 他可没说过这个 |
[10:54] | Not Thoreau. Me. | 不是梭罗 是我 |
[10:56] | Your child grows in my womb. | 你的孩子在我的子宫里成长 |
[11:02] | Okay. Okay, okay. The suddenness of this news | 好吧 这个突如其来的消息 |
[11:05] | has made me numb to any feelings about it, good or bad. | 让我的所有感官都变得麻木了 不论好坏 |
[11:07] | So, while my emotions recover, | 所以 等我情绪慢慢恢复 |
[11:10] | let’s just discuss how exactly this happened. | 让我们来讨论一下这是怎么发生的 |
[11:12] | I mean, we always use condoms. | 我们一直都在用避孕套 |
[11:15] | Not always. | 并没有 |
[11:17] | As you know, I meditate every morning | 你知道的 我每天早上 |
[11:18] | before getting out of bed. | 起床前都要冥想 |
[11:19] | It calms and energizes me for the day, | 它使我平静 并为一天注满活力 |
[11:22] | but it also creates a oneness with my reproductive system | 但它也与我的生殖系统建立了统一 |
[11:25] | that allows me to know the days when I’m fertile. | 可以让我知道我的排卵期 |
[11:26] | The days when I’m sure it’s safe | 当我确认是安全期的时候 |
[11:28] | are the days when I allow you to enter me | 我会允许你不做保护措施 |
[11:30] | without protection. | 进入我的身体 |
[11:32] | Usually. | 通常是这样 |
[11:34] | This month, I may have been… | 这个月 我可能 |
[11:36] | less cautious than usual. | 不像平时那么谨慎 |
[11:38] | Why? | 为什么 |
[11:39] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[11:42] | I think it’s possible that I’ve… | 我觉得有可能是我 |
[11:46] | subconsciously been feeling jealous of Astrid. | 下意识地在嫉妒阿斯特丽德 |
[11:51] | Perhaps on that day, | 可能那天 |
[11:53] | I was feeling particularly needy | 我特别需要 |
[11:56] | to have something that she’s never had with you… | 一些她与你从未拥有的东西 |
[11:59] | the closeness of unprotected sex. | 无保护措施的亲密性爱 |
[12:02] | I know I made you withdraw, | 我知道我让你射在体外了 |
[12:03] | but apparently, you were a little late. | 但显然 你拔晚了 |
[12:06] | But it’s all right. I’ve thought it all through. | 不过没关系 我已经都想好了 |
[12:09] | – What do you mean? – First of all, | -你什么意思 -首先 |
[12:11] | abortion is a political liability. | 堕胎是一种政治负担 |
[12:13] | Not in true blue New York, | 不是指忠于保守党的纽约 |
[12:14] | but in a national campaign, it’s dangerous. | 而是在国家竞选中 这很危险 |
[12:18] | What always works, however, locally and nationally, | 然而无论在本地还是在全国范围中 |
[12:21] | is the joy of a young, attractive family. | 年轻迷人的家庭带来的欢乐是大家喜闻乐见的 |
[12:25] | JFK, the Obamas. | 肯尼迪 奥巴马一家 |
[12:28] | We should tell no one, | 我们不告诉任何人 |
[12:29] | not even our team. | 包括我们的团队 |
[12:30] | Then the night before the election, | 然后在选举前夕 |
[12:32] | we should announce the pregnancy | 我们同时宣布怀孕 |
[12:33] | and our engagement, simultaneously. | 和订婚的好消息 |
[12:38] | Contrast our youth and fertility | 将我们的年轻和生育能力 |
[12:40] | with Dede’s menopausal campaign. | 与迪迪的更年期运动形成鲜明对比 |
[12:43] | You’re right. | 你说得对 |
[12:45] | You’re right. This is good. | 你说得对 这是好事 |
[12:49] | Wait, we– we haven’t even discussed how we feel about it. | 等等 我们还没讨论对此的感受 |
[13:01] | This is great. | 这太棒了 |
[13:04] | I’m really happy. | 我真的很高兴 |
[13:06] | Me too. | 我也是 |
[13:09] | I’ll need to go shopping to buy new clothes | 我需要去买新衣服 |
[13:11] | to accentuate my baby bump. | 来凸显我的肚子了 |
[13:14] | And I’m setting a meeting to break it off with Astrid. | 我准备开个会跟阿斯特丽德分手 |
[13:17] | Engaged, pregnant couples don’t have | 除非从事音乐行业 |
[13:18] | threesomes unless they work in music. | 订婚已孕的夫妇不会进行三人行 |
[13:26] | Names. What do you think? | 你觉得取什么名字好 |
[13:28] | I was thinking John or Payton Junior… | 我在考虑约翰或者小佩顿 |
[13:30] | – Payton Junior. – …for a boy. | -小佩顿 -如果是个男孩的话 |
[13:32] | Oh, my God! Oh, that’s unbelievable. | 上帝啊 太爽了 |
[13:35] | – I feel like I’m 25 again. – I– I– | -我感觉自己回到了25岁 -我 我 |
[13:40] | I can’t believe it. | 我不敢相信 |
[13:42] | Suddenly, this marriage makes sense again. | 突然间我们的婚姻又枯木逢春了 |
[13:45] | I love you, Dede. | 我爱你 迪迪 |
[13:48] | Happy to be of service. | 很高兴为你们服务 |
[13:50] | Happy to be served. | 很高兴被你服务 |
[13:54] | This– This is… unbelievable. | 这真是太难以置信了 |
[13:57] | I don’t miss William at all. | 我一点都不怀念威廉 |
[13:59] | I get to be the filling in the ice cream sandwich again. | 我又成了冰淇淋三明治的夹心 |
[14:09] | Who wants a drink? | 谁要喝酒 |
[14:10] | – I do. – Okay. | -我要 -好 |
[14:11] | – Me too. – Yes? Okay. | -我也要 -好的 |
[14:13] | You are fine. | 你很好 |
[14:16] | But are you fine signing the NDA, right? | 但你愿意签保密协议吗 |
[14:20] | – ‘Cause this… – He… | -因为这件事 -他 |
[14:23] | – …cannot get out. – Yeah. | -不能抖出去 -对 |
[14:24] | Absolutely. | 没问题 |
[14:29] | I can’t believe this. | 真是难以置信 |
[14:32] | I– It was just so organic. | 我…实在太和谐了 |
[14:36] | And you were making eyes at us across the restaurant. | 而且你在餐厅里就对我们使眼神 |
[14:40] | Well, I knew from the news | 我从新闻上知道 |
[14:41] | that you two were a little kinky, so… | 你们俩在性事方面很前卫 所以 |
[14:44] | …I just came over. | 我直接过来了 |
[14:47] | You know, | 你知道吗 |
[14:49] | this needs to be a thing, | 我们应该经常这样 |
[14:50] | but not just a one-time thing. | 不能只是一夜情 |
[14:53] | – Here, here. – Yeah. | -同意 -是的 |
[14:56] | You’re not going anywhere. | 你哪都不准去 |
[15:01] | – God! Here. Hold that, sweetheart. – Yeah, sure. Got it. | -天啊 帮我拿着 亲爱的 -没问题 |
[15:07] | Yeah? | 你说 |
[15:09] | Wait, just s– slow down. | 等等 慢点说 |
[15:11] | I can’t understand you. | 我听不懂你在说什么 |
[15:14] | Okay, we’ll– we’ll be right there. | 好 我们马上过去 |
[15:17] | It’s Hadassah. She’s freaking out. | 是哈达莎 她抓狂了 |
[15:19] | – About what? – I don’t know. | -为什么 -我不知道 |
[15:21] | – We’ll find out. – Here. | -我们会知道的 -给你 |
[15:24] | In a while. | 等会再说 |
[15:26] | I can’t believe it! So he knows everything. | 我不敢相信 他知道所有的事情 |
[15:29] | It’s all my fault. | 都是我的错 |
[15:30] | I should’ve picked up the spicy lube on my way home. | 我就该在回家的路上去买辛辣润滑油的 |
[15:32] | I’m across the street from a Duane Reade! | 我家对面就是便利店 |
[15:34] | No, I blame the both of you. | 不 你们两个都有错 |
[15:36] | The three of us were fine. | 我们三个本来挺好的 |
[15:37] | We were together, we were happy, | 我们在一起很幸福 |
[15:38] | and on our way to the fucking White House! | 而且马上就他妈能进白宫了 |
[15:40] | I’ll resign. I’ll hold a press conference, admit I had an affair, | 我会辞职 我会举办新闻发布会承认我是第四者 |
[15:43] | say you knew nothing about it. Dede can play the victim, | 你们就说自己毫不知情 迪迪可以扮演受害者 |
[15:45] | I’ll be the bad guy. And my career will be over. | 让我来背锅 我的职业生涯要完蛋了 |
[15:48] | No! Hold on. | 不 等一下 |
[15:50] | Listen, these past couple of weeks, | 过去的这几个星期 |
[15:51] | they’ve been a real emotional whirlwind. | 我们都经历了很大的情绪起伏 |
[15:53] | Am I expected to… what? Just– | 现在我要怎么样 难道 |
[15:54] | Just be a part of the throuple again, or…? | 又回到这个三人行关系中吗 还是 |
[15:58] | Uh, well, I don’t quite know… | 这个嘛 我不知道 |
[16:01] | – …how to put this… – We found someone else. | -该怎么说 -我们有别人了 |
[16:04] | – What?! – Jesus Christ, are you serious? | -什么 -老天爷啊 你是认真的吗 |
[16:07] | How could you do that to me? | 你们怎么能这样对我 |
[16:08] | Oh, so now we’re the bad guys. | 现在我们倒成坏人了 |
[16:10] | You dumped us, William! | 是你甩了我们 威廉 |
[16:12] | – This is sick! We’re all sick! – No– | -这太变态了 我们都很变态 -不 |
[16:15] | I used to be a nice Jewish girl from Paramus. | 我原本只是一个来自帕拉默斯的可爱犹太女孩 |
[16:17] | Now I’m part of this? | 现在竟然卷入了这种事情 |
[16:18] | This isn’t even a love triangle. | 这甚至都不算是三角恋情 |
[16:19] | It’s like a– a sex pentagram! | 更像是是五角性关系 |
[16:21] | Okay, everybody, calm down! | 大家都冷静 |
[16:26] | First of all, it’s not gross to be over 50 | 首先 50岁以上的人还有性欲 |
[16:30] | and still have sexual urges. | 这一点都不恶心 |
[16:32] | You keep saying that like we were 51 or something. | 你总是说得好像我们才51岁一样 |
[16:35] | We’re way over 50, Dede. | 我们早就过了50岁了 迪迪 |
[16:37] | – Maybe it is gross. – Just stop it. I’m still the boss. | -或许这确实很恶心 -别说了 我还是你老板 |
[16:40] | I don’t want you to resign. | 我不希望你辞职 |
[16:41] | I don’t accept that. | 我不接受 |
[16:42] | What else can we do, Dede? Come on. | 我们还能怎么办 迪迪 |
[16:44] | Someone’s gotta fall on a sword here to win this race | 为了赢得选举 并且让提诺选你 |
[16:47] | and get Tino to say yes. | 总有人得牺牲 |
[16:49] | I– I understand, um… | 我明白 |
[16:50] | …but I– I’m not gonna decide on that tonight. | 但我不想今晚就做决定 |
[16:55] | I wanna sleep on it. | 我想先睡一觉再说 |
[16:58] | What? What is it? | 怎么了 |
[17:00] | Mary! | 玛丽 |
[17:02] | – Mary! – Mary! Mary! | -玛丽 -玛丽 玛丽 |
[17:04] | Mary McCutcheon woke up. | 玛丽·麦卡琴醒了 |
[17:06] | Thank you for coming. | 谢谢大家前来 |
[17:08] | My name is Mary Moskowitz McCutcheon, | 我叫玛丽·莫斯科维茨·麦卡琴 |
[17:12] | wife of Senator Tino McCutcheon. | 参议员提诺·麦卡琴的妻子 |
[17:15] | And as I’m sure you all know, | 我相信你们都知道 |
[17:17] | I have spent the last several years in a coma, | 过去几年来 由于旋毛虫病的严重并发症 |
[17:19] | following the side effects of a severe case of trichinosis. | 我一直处在昏迷中 |
[17:24] | And… let me just take a moment to say | 请允许我 |
[17:26] | to all the children of the world, | 对全世界的孩子们说 |
[17:28] | never accept a pulled pork taco from someone you don’t know. | 千万不要吃陌生人给你的手撕猪肉塔可 |
[17:33] | Now, as you can see, I am now recovered. | 现在你们也看到了 我康复了 |
[17:37] | And based on the things | 由于我听到了 |
[17:38] | that I heard Tino say to me and to others, | 提诺对我和其他人说的一些事情 |
[17:42] | I am filing for divorce. | 我要提出离婚 |
[17:45] | From the very first days of my incapacitation, | 自从我开始陷入昏迷 |
[17:48] | Tino McCutcheon repeatedly asked the hospital staff | 提诺·麦卡琴反复询问医护人员 |
[17:51] | if, were they to pull the plug, | 如果他们拔掉插头会如何 |
[17:55] | exactly which plug would it be? | 到底是什么插头呢 |
[17:59] | And then, as it became clear | 后来 事态变得无比清晰 |
[18:01] | that my hospitalization would be long and the outcome uncertain, | 我的出院时间遥遥无期 性命堪忧 |
[18:05] | my husband took to whispering things in my ear, like… | 我丈夫开始在我耳边低语 比如 |
[18:05] | 突发新闻 休斯顿16频道 麦卡琴太太发声 | |
[18:09] | Really go to sleep, sweetheart. | 真的安眠吧 亲爱的 |
[18:12] | This is costing an arm and a leg, you know. | 这可是花了很大一笔钱 |
[18:14] | Walk into the light, Mary. | 走向天堂吧 玛丽 |
[18:16] | Come on. | 加油 |
[18:17] | After his successful Senate campaign, | 在他成功竞选参议员后 |
[18:21] | Tino took to telling me… | 提诺开始和我说 |
[18:23] | I mean Senate, it’s boring as shit, | 参议院简直无聊透顶 |
[18:25] | but two years from now, I’m running for president, | 但两年后 我要竞选总统 |
[18:28] | so, if you wouldn’t mind… | 所以 如果你不介意的话 |
[18:31] | moving this process along. | 从沉睡继续往前走吧 |
[18:33] | And most recently, | 就在最近 |
[18:34] | 麦卡琴参议员谋害妻子 休斯顿卫理公会医疗中心 | |
[18:34] | my husband took to describing his sexual conquests | 我丈夫开始说他对一个名叫 |
[18:39] | with a one Georgina Hobart. | 乔治娜·霍巴特的女人的性征服 |
[18:43] | I mean, that ass, | 她的屁股 |
[18:45] | it just hangs there, | 就挂在那儿 |
[18:46] | all perky like gravity doesn’t affect it or something. | 丰满浑圆 好像重力影响不了它似的 |
[18:50] | And the sex is just… | 而性爱真是 |
[18:53] | oh, it’s just head and shoulders above you, darling. | 比你强了不知多少倍 亲爱的 |
[18:57] | You used to kind of just… | 你以前总是只会 |
[19:00] | lay on me. | 躺在我身上 |
[19:01] | I didn’t think about it much at the time, | 我当时对此没什么想法 |
[19:03] | but now I’m like, you just weren’t good at sex. | 现在我知道了 你就是不会做爱 |
[19:08] | I’m actually kinda… | 我真的有点 |
[19:09] | “…pissed about it.” | “生气” |
[19:10] | End quote. | 引用结束 |
[19:12] | To the people of Texas, | 得州的人民 |
[19:14] | to my fellow citizens all across this land, | 与我一起生长在这片土地上的同胞们 |
[19:17] | you should be afraid. | 你们应该害怕 |
[19:19] | Tino McCutcheon is a monster, | 提诺·麦卡琴是个禽兽 |
[19:22] | and he is dangerous. | 他很危险 |
[19:25] | I fear for the future of this country. | 我担心这个国家的未来 |
[19:27] | – What the fuck? – He wanted her to die. | -什么鬼 -他要她死 |
[19:32] | Yeah, this– this is a problem. | 确实 这是个麻烦 |
[19:33] | A problem? | 麻烦 |
[19:34] | Dede, this is like a four-alarm dumpster fire, | 迪迪 这简直和四级垃圾桶火灾一样糟 |
[19:36] | but the only thing in the dumpster is manure! | 但桶里只有屎 |
[19:38] | – How do you mean? – What? Are you high? | -你什么意思 -什么 你磕嗨了吗 |
[19:41] | This is two kinds of horrible! | 这两件事对我们极其不利 |
[19:43] | Number one, our campaign is, and I’m putting this delicately, | 第一 我们的竞选 我说得委婉点 |
[19:46] | not exactly where we wanted to be | 并不是我们想要的结果 |
[19:47] | – four days out, and number two… – But– | -还有四天 第二 -但是 |
[19:49] | …Tino is a monster who’s shtupping Georgina Hobart! | 提诺是个和乔治娜·霍巴特乱搞的禽兽 |
[19:52] | – So? – So? | -所以呢 -所以 |
[19:54] | So, she’s a younger woman running for office, likely to win. | 所以她更年轻 竞选公职很有可能获胜 |
[19:57] | It’s obvious he’s grooming her! | 很明显 他在培养她 |
[19:59] | He’s gonna pick her! | 他要选她了 |
[20:00] | Not necessarily. | 不一定 |
[20:02] | He’s not dead yet, | 他还没玩完 |
[20:04] | and particularly if she’s on his side, | 尤其是如果她站在他一边 |
[20:06] | she’s the most Teflon candidate I’ve ever seen. | 她是我见过最扳不倒的候选人 |
[20:11] | If anybody can drag him out of this, | 如果有人能为他洗白 |
[20:14] | – it’s her. – Oh, Dede… | -那只能是她 -迪迪 |
[20:16] | Dede… Please, Dede. | 迪迪 拜托 迪迪 |
[20:18] | The senator is alleged to have claimed | 据称 参议员声称 |
[20:20] | that intercourse with Georgina Hobart was, | 与乔治娜·霍巴特的性交 |
[20:22] | quote, “Head and shoulders above you, darling,” | “比你强了不知多少倍 亲爱的” |
[20:25] | and that he is, again I’m quoting, | 他的原话还说道自己 |
[20:27] | “actually kind of pissed about it.” | “真的有点生气” |
[20:30] | This is all a bunch of bullshit! | 这全是一派胡言 |
[20:31] | 佩顿·霍巴特 竞选参议员 | |
[20:34] | We shouldn’t have lined the computers up like that. | 我们不该把电脑像那样全都排在一起 |
[20:35] | James, I get it, okay? I understand why you’re upset. | 詹姆斯 我明白 我理解你为什么生气 |
[20:38] | Because you deliberately left me out of probably the most | 因为你故意把我排除在外 |
[20:39] | important decision of your entire campaign? | 不让我参与你整个竞选中最重要的决定 |
[20:41] | Because you made us look like fools | 因为你让我们看起来像傻瓜一样 |
[20:42] | without actually letting us know what was going on? | 不让我们知道真正发生了什么 |
[20:44] | You’re the only one who is upset. | 只有你在生气 |
[20:46] | It worked. We have a shot now. | 这招很有效 我们现在有机会了 |
[20:48] | Payton, sorry to interrupt, | 佩顿 对不起打扰一下 |
[20:49] | but Mary McCutcheon just woke up from her coma, | 但玛丽·麦卡琴刚从昏迷中醒来 |
[20:51] | and Tino is dating your mom. | 而且提诺在和你妈约会 |
[20:55] | OK. I don’t really have the bandwidth for that right now. | 好 但现在我脑子里没有多余空间处理这些 |
[20:57] | Copy. | 收到 |
[20:57] | I don’t know if I trust you anymore, any of you. | 我不知道我是否还能相信你们任何人 |
[21:00] | What else are you doing that you are not cluing me in on? | 你们还在背地里做什么没有告诉我的事 |
[21:02] | I don’t know if I wanna work for a campaign | 我不知道自己是否还想为这次竞选继续工作 |
[21:04] | where I don’t trust anybody! | 反正我谁也不信了 |
[21:05] | James! Then quit. | 詹姆斯 那就退出 |
[21:07] | You should be saying, “Thank you, McAfee, | 你应该说 “谢谢你 迈克菲 |
[21:09] | for buying spicy lube | 买了辛辣润滑液 |
[21:11] | and hiding in a walk-in closet for literally hours, | 还委身藏于步入式衣橱里好几个小时 |
[21:13] | listening to loud, acrobatic sex | 听着双性恋男和63岁老女人 |
[21:15] | between a bisexual man and a 63-year-old woman. | 杂技一样的狂野性爱 |
[21:18] | Maybe you saved the campaign.” | 也许是你挽救了这场竞选” |
[21:22] | – Can I have your vape pen? – Why? | -能把你的电子烟笔给我吗 -为什么 |
[21:25] | I’d like to puff on it. I’m trying to calm down. | 我想喷一下 我要冷静下来 |
[21:30] | I quit. | 我戒了 |
[21:31] | – Wait, really? – When? | -等等 真的吗 -什么时候 |
[21:33] | Just a couple of weeks ago. | 就在几周前 |
[21:34] | It’s a personal choice, it’s not a big deal. | 个人选择而已 小事一件 |
[21:37] | Okay, can I remind everyone that I’m still mad? | 我能提醒大家一下 我还在气头上吗 |
[21:39] | Okay, James, I’m gonna send a little tough love | 行了詹姆斯 我现在要出于对你的爱 |
[21:40] | your way right now, okay? | 对你说几句重话 好吗 |
[21:42] | The reason you’re upset, it’s because I placed my trust in McAfee | 你不高兴的原因是 我信任了迈克菲 |
[21:45] | and not in you. | 而不是你 |
[21:46] | And do you know why? It’s because I know what you’d say. | 你知道这是为什么吗 因为我知道你会怎么说 |
[21:49] | You’d say, “Don’t do it.” Right? | 你会说”别这么做” 对吧 |
[21:50] | You are risk-averse, James. | 你不喜欢冒险 詹姆斯 |
[21:52] | When it really comes down to it, you’re not a killer. | 到了关键时刻 你下不了狠手 |
[21:55] | And because you felt the campaign to be over, | 而且因为你觉得竞选已经完了 |
[21:58] | you showed zero interest | 在过去的一天半里 |
[21:59] | in spending the last day and a half | 你对于争取年轻黑人 |
[22:01] | registering young black and brown voters, | 和棕色人种做选民登记毫无兴趣 |
[22:02] | which we, everyone else, did. | 而我们其他的所有人都去做了 |
[22:06] | And now we’ve got almost 500 people who’ve never voted | 现在我们争取到近五百个从没有投过票的人 |
[22:08] | headed to the polls on Tuesday. | 周二会去投票站 |
[22:09] | Okay, all right. I get it. Everybody, stop talking. | 好了 我明白了 你们都别说了 |
[22:12] | I get it. I’m the worst, and I’m not mad anymore. | 我明白了 我最差劲 我不再生气了 |
[22:15] | And we didn’t need those computers anyway, | 反正我们也不再需要这些计算机了 |
[22:16] | so let’s just drop it. | 这事就别提了 |
[22:19] | But next time, please, | 但下一次 拜托你 |
[22:21] | can you actually keep me informed as to what is going on? | 你能让我知道真正的计划吗 |
[22:24] | – No. – McAfee. | -没戏 -迈克菲 |
[22:26] | Fine. | 好 |
[22:29] | Fine. | 好 |
[22:31] | Oh, God. Guys? | 我的天 伙计们 |
[22:38] | I just want to say that what you two did | 我只是想说 你们俩所干的事情 |
[22:39] | has thrown our entire life into chaos. | 把我们的生活全都给搅乱了 |
[22:43] | The past 24 hours, I’ve had to watch | 过去的24小时 我不得不看着 |
[22:44] | the woman I love endure more than anyone– | 我心爱的女人备受煎熬… |
[22:45] | I’m sorry, I just have to ask, is she really the woman you love? | 对不起 我得问一下 她真的是你心爱的女人 |
[22:48] | Because she’s, like, 40 years older than you. | 因为她得比你大40岁吧 |
[22:50] | Well, that’s ignorant and ageist. How dare you? | 这也太无知和歧视老年人了 你怎么敢这么说 |
[22:53] | Am I surprised as you that it happened? Absolutely. | 我是否和你们一样对这事感到震惊 当然 |
[22:55] | But after what you did, for you to sit there and– | 可你们做了那些 往那一坐然后… |
[22:57] | Okay, okay, uh, let’s not get sidetracked, all right? | 好了好了 我们别把话题岔开了 |
[23:00] | Look, William, | 威廉 |
[23:01] | I’m honestly so very sorry | 竞选扭曲到了这样的程度 |
[23:03] | that this campaign has stooped to this level, and when it’s over, | 我诚心诚意地表示道歉 等选举结束 |
[23:07] | I think that we all have some serious soul-searching to do. | 我想我们都需要去检讨自我 扪心自问 |
[23:12] | But can I please just ask you: what exactly brings you here? | 但请告诉我 你到底来干什么 |
[23:16] | I’m here to make an offer, | 我是来提建议的 |
[23:17] | in exchange for you dropping this thing with me and Hadassah. | 作为交换 你们要放过我和哈达莎的事 |
[23:20] | Who is, I’m telling you, the most loving, warm, | 我告诉你们 她是最有爱心 温馨 |
[23:22] | – passionate partner– – Okay. Okay. What is it? | -热情的伴侣… -好好 什么建议 |
[23:27] | I’m just gonna say it. | 我就直说了 |
[23:33] | They’re in a new throuple already. | 他们开始了新的三人行了 |
[23:35] | – My third of the bed was still warm. – Wait, really? | -那床上还有我的体温呢 -等等 真的吗 |
[23:38] | I did some digging. His name is Hamilton. Gross. | 我做了些调查 他叫汉密尔顿 真恶心 |
[23:40] | And he is, as it turns out, a PhD candidate of Marcus’s. | 结果呢 他是马科斯的博士生 |
[23:44] | I’m not sure Dede knows that. | 我不确定迪迪知道这个情况 |
[23:45] | – Wow, okay. – Another thing | -好吧 -还有 |
[23:47] | that Dede doesn’t know, and I do, | 一件我知道而迪迪不知道的事 |
[23:48] | is that Marcus is not the most honest man. | 马科斯不是很诚实 |
[23:51] | He has, in the last several years, | 在过去的数年里 |
[23:52] | secretly written papers for undergraduates | 他偷偷地为全国各地 |
[23:54] | at several prestigious universities | 几所著名大学里的 |
[23:56] | across the country in exchange for money. | 本科生撰写论文 以此挣钱 |
[23:58] | Kind of a lot of money. | 钱还挺多的 |
[23:59] | They pay in cash, and he does not report the income, | 他们付现金 所以这笔收入不报税 |
[24:02] | but it’s in the mid-six figures. | 但有五十万上下呢 |
[24:04] | Wait, wait, wait. You think Dede doesn’t know this? | 等一下 你觉得迪迪不知道这件事 |
[24:06] | I know she doesn’t. | 我知道她不知道 |
[24:07] | He told me not to tell her. | 他不让我告诉她 |
[24:08] | She’s the rare politician who doesn’t do that sort of thing. | 她是搞政治的人里少数不腐败的几个 |
[24:11] | She’s clean. | 她很干净 |
[24:13] | Which is why I’m telling you. If this were to get out, | 所以我才告诉你们 如果这事爆出去 |
[24:16] | along with the fact that Dede had no idea, | 包括迪迪并不知情的情况 |
[24:18] | Marcus could be the one who gets thrown to the wolves, | 马科斯有可能是要被牺牲掉的那个人 |
[24:23] | not Hadassah. | 而不是哈达莎 |
[24:30] | What do you wanna do? | 你打算怎么做 |
[24:34] | This is exactly what I’m talking about, guys. | 这正是我所说的 |
[24:37] | I should be in on this. | 我应该参与进来 |
[24:41] | Georgina! | 乔治娜 |
[24:43] | Yes, it’s true. | 对 是真的 |
[24:44] | I’ve been having an affair with Tino McCutcheon. | 我和提诺·麦卡琴有婚外情 |
[24:47] | It’s also true that I am spectacular in bed. | 我床上的表现让人欲死欲仙也是真的 |
[24:50] | I work unusually hard for a woman as attractive as I am. | 对于我这样魅力四射的女人来说 我异常努力 |
[24:53] | That affair is now over. | 那段情事已经结束了 |
[24:55] | I ended it with the following text: | 我用下面这个短信结束了它 |
[24:59] | “Loser, bye.” | “废物 拜拜了” |
[25:01] | I had no idea what kind of man Tino really was, | 对于提诺真实的为人我毫不知情 |
[25:04] | and I would like to apologize to his recently revived wife. | 我想向他最近刚刚苏醒的妻子表示歉意 |
[25:07] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[25:08] | Georgina! | 乔治娜 |
[25:09] | – Georgina! – Oh, I have Senator McCutcheon for you. | -乔治娜 -麦卡琴参议员给你打来电话了 |
[25:14] | Please don’t do this to me. | 求求你别这样对我 |
[25:15] | At least pretend until after I announce. | 至少先做做样子 等到我宣布以后 |
[25:17] | You’ve lost me, but you don’t have to lose your campaign. | 你失去了我 但不一定要失去你的竞选 |
[25:20] | You do need a Hail Mary, though. | 但你的确需要个万福玛利亚传球 |
[25:22] | You need to announce your VP candidate, and make it a woman. | 你要宣布你的副总统人选 选一个女人 |
[25:26] | So, it’s not a good look, to say the least. | 最起码这看着不太好 |
[25:29] | I get that. | 我明白 |
[25:30] | I did not behave well. That’s obvious. | 我做得不太好 这点很清楚 |
[25:33] | But, and you know, the truth is, | 但是 实际上呢 |
[25:35] | and this is the political angle, I think, too: | 我想这也是从政治的角度来看 |
[25:38] | How many people really know what it’s like | 有多少人真的了解 |
[25:40] | to have a spouse in a coma? | 配偶昏迷是什么滋味 |
[25:42] | They have no idea what it’s like. | 他们根本不了解 |
[25:44] | It’s a trauma. | 这是个巨大的打击 |
[25:46] | And when a person is traumatized, | 而当一个人受到打击时 |
[25:47] | and they’ve done studies on this, | 这方面有很多科学研究 |
[25:48] | that person is literally not themself. | 那个人就完全不是他自己了 |
[25:51] | Sure, but you did kind of suggest to your wife | 好吧 但你的确侧面向你的妻子暗示 |
[25:55] | that if she were to die, | 如果她去世了 |
[25:58] | that would sort of be the outcome you’d prefer. | 那会是你比较乐意看到的结果 |
[26:00] | I didn’t want to see her suffer. And, not to be crass, | 我不想看她受到折磨 而且 不是我不体贴 |
[26:04] | that press conference, I think a lot of people said, | 看过那场新闻发布会后 我想很多人说 |
[26:06] | “Well, yeah, if I was married to that lady, | “是呀 如果我和那位女士结婚了 |
[26:07] | I’d want her to die too.” | 我也会想让她死” |
[26:09] | But that gets me to the polling. | 不过那就牵扯到民调了 |
[26:11] | My favorables among the women has taken a hit, sure. | 我的女性支持率受到了打击 当然 |
[26:14] | But among men? | 但是男性支持率呢 |
[26:15] | Hasn’t moved. | 没有改变 |
[26:17] | So, really, I’m still in good shape. | 所以说实在的 我的情况依然乐观 |
[26:21] | And if I were to announce you, and soon, | 如果我很快宣布你是副总统人选 |
[26:23] | and you came out in a strong, full-throated defense, | 你站出来强有力地为我辩护 |
[26:27] | we think that stops the bleeding. | 我们认为那就能及时止损 |
[26:29] | Wait, I’m con-confused. How soon? | 稍等 我有一点疑惑 你多快会宣布 |
[26:32] | Tuesday night. After you win the election. | 星期二晚上 你赢得选举之后 |
[26:34] | You fold it into your acceptance speech | 你将这事融入到你的提名演讲中 |
[26:37] | about policy, not personal failings, | 谈谈政策 别提个人失败 |
[26:39] | being what elections should be about. | 政策才是选举的重点 |
[26:41] | We spend the next few days showing a little leg together. | 接下来几天我们可以一起亮相 博取关注 |
[26:44] | Then I announce my run with you on the ticket. | 然后我会正式宣布和你一起参加竞选 |
[26:47] | It can all happen really fast. | 这一切都可以很快发生 |
[26:49] | Okay. | 好的 |
[26:52] | Let me think about it. | 让我考虑一下 |
[27:05] | I’m so old. | 我太老了 |
[27:09] | Listen What-What-What-What are you doing? | 听着 你在干什么 |
[27:13] | What does it look like I’m doing? | 我看起来像在做什么 |
[27:15] | I’m not gonna clear out of here after I do this. | 我不会在新闻发布会后才清空这里 |
[27:17] | I’m gonna do the press conference this afternoon | 今天下午我就要开新闻发布会 |
[27:19] | and go straight home and watch What Women Want. | 然后直接回家看《偷听女人心》 |
[27:22] | Would you please stop a beat? | 你能停一下吗 |
[27:23] | – What is it? – I’m flying to California. | -怎么了 -我要飞去加州 |
[27:25] | I’m gonna talk to Georgina Hobart. | 我要和乔治娜·霍巴特聊聊 |
[27:28] | Good luck with that. | 祝你好运 |
[27:33] | Not to take anything away from your son | 我不是要否定你儿子 |
[27:35] | who is an extremely talented politician | 他是个极具天赋的政客 |
[27:37] | with a very bright future, | 有着非常光明的前途 |
[27:39] | but if I could just leave you | 不过如果我可以告诉你 |
[27:40] | with these two very important points: | 非常重要的两点 |
[27:42] | No one has done more for women | 在纽约州没有人对女性 |
[27:45] | in the state of New York than I have, | 做出的贡献比我多 |
[27:46] | and by taking me out, | 要是让我退选 |
[27:48] | it not only hurts me, but it sets back the entire struggle. | 这不仅伤害了我 也会让我们前功尽弃 |
[27:51] | And second, by weaponizing my throuple, | 第二 将我的三人行作为武器 |
[27:55] | he’s casting judgment on it. | 他无疑是在用道德审判我 |
[27:56] | – He’s slut-shaming me. – Yeah. | -他是在羞辱我是荡妇 -是啊 |
[27:58] | Yeah, I mean, I get all that. | 对啊 我都明白 |
[28:02] | If I’m honest, | 老实说 |
[28:03] | the reason that I agreed to have lunch with you | 我之所以同意和你共进午餐 |
[28:05] | is because I… am just fascinated | 是因为…我很想知道 |
[28:09] | by how this whole throuple thing works. | 三人行到底要怎么维持 |
[28:13] | I mean, I tend to get bored in relationships very quickly, | 我总是会很快在恋情中感到厌倦 |
[28:16] | and I always thought that it was a combination of lame choices | 我总觉得是因为一系列不明智的选择 |
[28:20] | and intimacy issues. | 以及亲密关系的问题 |
[28:23] | But now I’m thinking | 但现在我在想 |
[28:25] | that maybe being with one person is just inevitably boring. | 也许只和一个人在一起难免会无聊 |
[28:28] | So, I’m happy to get into detail with you about that, | 我很乐意跟你细聊这个话题 |
[28:32] | – but I really think – Great, because I was wondering | -但我真觉得 -太好了 因为我在想 |
[28:35] | if you think this works with two women and one man. | 你觉得两女一男的关系是否行得通 |
[28:39] | I’m happy to get into that, | 我很乐意接着讨论 |
[28:40] | but, my election is in two days, | 但是 两天后我就要进行选举 |
[28:43] | and the situation with Payton is acute and urgent. | 和佩顿的情况很严重和紧急 |
[28:47] | Look, you seem great, really, | 听着 你看起来是个好人 |
[28:49] | and I’ve only been in this politics thing for a month, | 我涉足政坛只有一个月的时间 |
[28:53] | so, mad respect to you | 所以我真的非常尊重你 |
[28:55] | for being in the game so long, especially as a woman. | 你在政坛奋斗那么久 尤其作为一名女性 |
[28:58] | But my son, he’s his own man. | 但我儿子他有自己的想法 |
[29:00] | I don’t control him nor would I try to. | 我控制不了他 我也不会尝试去控制他 |
[29:02] | It’s just-It’s not my style as a mother. | 这不符合我做母亲的风格 |
[29:06] | You know, his victories are his, and his mistakes are his. | 他的胜利属于他 失败也属于他自己 |
[29:11] | My mother was like that too, | 我的母亲也是那样的人 |
[29:14] | but that’s just because she needed to work two jobs | 但那是因为她需要做两份工作 |
[29:16] | to put me through Brearley | 才能让我去上布里尔利这所名校 |
[29:17] | and pay for our little one-bedroom apartment | 还要负担我们在111街上的 |
[29:20] | on 111th Street. | 一室小公寓 |
[29:23] | And my… | 我的 |
[29:26] | my father left us when I was seven, | 我的父亲在我七岁的时候离开了我们 |
[29:28] | and he started a whole new family. | 他组建了新家庭 |
[29:32] | He seemed happy. I would-I would see him around town sometimes. | 他看起来过得挺开心 我有时会在市里见到他 |
[29:35] | Suddenly, you living with two men makes a lot more sense. | 突然之间 你和两个男人同居的事情很能说得通了 |
[29:40] | I tell you this not for sympathy | 我告诉你这些不是为了博取同情 |
[29:42] | but to let you know that I am a fighter, | 是要让你知道我是一个斗士 |
[29:44] | and I will do whatever it takes to win, | 为了赢我会不择手段 |
[29:48] | even if it means hurting your son to do it. | 就算这意味着要伤害你的儿子 |
[29:51] | Sounds great. Should we order something? | 听起来不错 我们要点餐吗 |
[29:55] | Sir? | 先生 |
[30:01] | – Where the fuck is Astrid? – She said she wasn’t feeling well. | -阿斯特丽德去哪儿了 -她说她不舒服 |
[30:05] | Sorry, I came as fast as I could. | 对不起 我尽快赶过来了 |
[30:06] | – Okay, good. Now we can start. – Sorry. | -好 我们可以开始了 -抱歉 |
[30:08] | Is McAfee so important that we can’t start a meeting without her? | 迈克菲有那么重要吗 没她我们都不能开会了 |
[30:11] | I feel like If I was the last to arrive, you guys would’ve started. | 我感觉如果我是最后一个到的 你们早就开始了 |
[30:14] | – Jesus, James. – For God’s sake. | -天啊 詹姆斯 -看在上帝的份上 |
[30:15] | Okay, everybody, please just shut up. Okay? | 好了 每个人都请闭嘴 好吗 |
[30:17] | Listen, I’ve been thinking very hard about this, | 听着 我一直在努力思考这事 |
[30:20] | about the campaign so far, | 关于至今为止的竞选工作 |
[30:22] | about the futures of every person in this room, | 关于这间房子里每一个人的未来 |
[30:25] | and what I’m about to do in four hours | 还有我四小时之后 |
[30:26] | when I sit down with Riva Mandel from the Times. | 将和《纽约时报》的莉娃·曼德尔说什么 |
[30:29] | I think doing this to Dede is wrong. | 我觉得这么对迪迪不对 |
[30:33] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[30:34] | I’ve thought about it, and I think that destroying this woman | 我考虑过了 我觉得用这种方法 |
[30:36] | in this way is wrong, and I don’t think we should do it. | 摧毁这个女人不对 我觉得我们不该这么做 |
[30:39] | This was your whole thing. | 这是你之前的目的啊 |
[30:40] | I know, James. I was the one in that closet, listening to the sex. | 我知道 詹姆斯 是我躲在衣柜里听他们做爱 |
[30:44] | Payton, we’re way behind, but your numbers are on the way up. | 佩顿 我们落后很多 但你的支持率在上升 |
[30:48] | The focus on climate emergency, | 关注环境危机 |
[30:50] | the appeal with young voters, you have a brand now, | 能得到年轻选民你的共鸣 这是你的招牌了 |
[30:53] | a national brand. | 全国性的招牌 |
[30:54] | And if you smear this woman in the way you’re about to, | 如果你要用这种方式诋毁这个女人 |
[30:56] | you tarnish that brand, and I think it’s permanent. | 就毁了这个招牌 我觉得还是永久性的 |
[30:59] | Suddenly, you’re not a kid with convictions | 突然之间 你不捏着别人把柄 |
[31:01] | who’s willing to lose an election | 却为了保全他人名誉 |
[31:03] | for the sake of those convictions. | 宁愿输掉选举的人 |
[31:04] | You’re just a politician who’ll do anything to win, | 你只是个会不择手段取胜的人 |
[31:06] | when what young people want is authenticity. | 而年轻一代想要的是真诚 |
[31:08] | You have that now. You have these voters. | 这个你已经有了 你有了那些选民 |
[31:11] | You could lose this election, and they will follow you. | 你可能会输掉这次选举 但他们仍会跟随你 |
[31:14] | – I can’t believe this. – I’m not so sure you can say | -真不敢相信 -我觉得也不能说 |
[31:16] | we definitely are gonna lose this one. | 我们绝对会输掉这次选举 |
[31:18] | We’ve registered more than 500 new voters. | 我们登记了五百多个新选民 |
[31:21] | Who’s to say they don’t put us over the top? | 谁说他们不会在选举中投我们呢 |
[31:22] | They might, but we have to tell her voters to stay home, | 他们可能 但我们得告诉她的选民待在家里 |
[31:25] | and we do that by going to The New York Times | 想要做到这点 我们必须告诉《纽约时报》 |
[31:26] | and telling them she’s swampy. | 告诉他们她贪污受贿 |
[31:28] | – But she isn’t. – But she is if her husband is. | -但她没有 -如果她丈夫是 她就是 |
[31:30] | She is if her household’s collecting | 如果他们家在收大学生 |
[31:31] | cash payments for college cheating. | 为作弊给的现金 那她就是 |
[31:33] | This is a no-brainer. | 这想都不用想 |
[31:34] | This is the only thing that’s gonna give us a shot. | 这是唯一让我们有希望获胜的招数 |
[31:37] | But what if it doesn’t? | 但如果还是不行呢 |
[31:39] | You know? What if… | 你懂吗 如果 |
[31:41] | What if we run with this | 如果我们爆了这则消息 |
[31:42] | and it ruins all the work we’ve done so far, | 但却毁了我们一直以来的努力 |
[31:45] | and then I still don’t win? | 然后我依然没赢呢 |
[31:47] | You know? Am I still the same candidate I am right now? | 我还是拥有现在民意的候选人吗 |
[31:49] | Am I still a rising star, | 我还是颗冉冉新星吗 |
[31:50] | or am I just a young, | 或只是个年轻 |
[31:54] | rich asshole… | 有钱的混小子 |
[31:56] | who played very dirty and still lost? | 耍了阴险的手段却依然大败 |
[32:00] | Alice? | 艾丽斯 |
[32:01] | Don’t do it. | 别这么做 |
[32:03] | Win or lose on your own merits. Fight another day. | 无论输赢 都靠你自己 改日再战 |
[32:06] | – Skye? – I agree. | -斯凯 -我同意 |
[32:09] | We’ve done a lot of really good work. Don’t ruin it. | 我们已经取得了很不错的成就 别毁了一切 |
[32:13] | – James? – Does it matter what I think? | -詹姆斯 -我的想法还重要吗 |
[32:16] | – I’m outvoted. – Yes, I want to know what you think. | -我已经被否定了 -对 我想知道你怎么想 |
[32:22] | I agree. | 我同意 |
[32:23] | Don’t do it. It’s not a good look. | 别这么做 吃相太难看 |
[32:26] | Okay. Okay, James, call Riva, tell her there is no story. | 好 好 詹姆斯 打给莉娃 告诉她没有内幕 |
[32:31] | I need to try and get some sleep. | 我要试着睡一会 |
[32:34] | I’m proud of us, you guys. All right? | 我为大家感到骄傲 好吗 |
[32:37] | This was the right move. | 这么做是正确的的 |
[32:55] | Are we just gonna leave that there on the table? | 我们就打算把这个留在桌上吗 |
[32:59] | Sorry. | 抱歉 |
[33:02] | We use condoms when we have sex. | 我们每次做爱都戴避孕套啊 |
[33:05] | Are you sure it’s mine? | 你确定是我的吗 |
[33:06] | You two are the only people I’ve banged in months. | 你们俩是我几个月来唯一啪啪的对象 |
[33:08] | So unless it’s some immaculate conception… | 除非有什么处女怀孕之类的事 |
[33:13] | Condoms are only 98.8 percent effective. | 避孕套只有98.8%的有效性 |
[33:16] | So I guess your swimmers snuck in | 我猜你的小蝌蚪们 |
[33:18] | through that 1.2 percent window. | 挤进了1.2%的窗户 |
[33:21] | God, my sperm’s as ambitious as I am. | 天呐 我的精子和我一眼野心勃勃 |
[33:23] | I’m pregnant, too. | 我也怀孕了 |
[33:28] | Get out. | 不会吧 |
[33:30] | I guess it is true what they say about women’s cycles lining up. | 看来人们说的对 女人的经期确实会同步 |
[33:33] | – Yeah. – What are you planning on doing about it? | -对 -那你打算怎么办 |
[33:35] | – What are you planning on doing? – We’re… | -你打算怎么办 -我们打算 |
[33:38] | going to make an announcement | 宣布这件事 |
[33:40] | and get married. | 并结婚 |
[33:42] | It’s good politics, and I won’t have my child being a bastard. | 这是正确的举动 而且我的孩子不能是私生子 |
[33:46] | So where does that leave me? | 那我该怎么办 |
[33:48] | You get to wear the big, white dress | 你又能穿上白色婚纱 |
[33:50] | and be queen for the day, again, | 做一天的王后 |
[33:52] | and I’m, what, | 而我怎么的 |
[33:53] | some… knocked-up whore? | 只是个被搞大肚子的妓女 |
[33:55] | You joined our relationship, Astrid. | 是你加入了我们的感情 阿斯特丽德 |
[33:57] | You knew where you fell in the order of things. | 你知道自己在其中的地位 |
[33:59] | There’s no need to be cold, Alice. | 没必要这么冷血 艾丽斯 |
[34:01] | Listen, whatever you choose to do, | 听着 无论你打算怎么办 |
[34:04] | we will support you financially | 我们都会在经济上 |
[34:06] | and emotionally the very best we can. | 感情上给予我们最大的帮助 |
[34:09] | And you’ll have to sign an NDA with very specific language | 你还得签一份保密协议 白纸黑字写明白 |
[34:11] | to make sure no one ever finds out I’m the father, but… | 确保没人知道我是父亲 但是 |
[34:14] | I’m not collateral. | 我不是附加伤害 |
[34:16] | I’m not a problem on a checklist. | 我不知道清单上的问题 |
[34:18] | I am having exactly the same experience as Alice. | 我跟艾丽斯拥有的体验完全一致 |
[34:20] | Hers is no better than mine. | 她的不比我高级 |
[34:25] | Screw you both. | 去你们的 |
[34:27] | I’m out. | 我退出 |
[34:30] | You know what? | 你知道吗 |
[34:32] | Maybe I’ll just have to have a press conference of my own. | 或许我会自己开一个新闻发布会 |
[34:53] | Payton was going to cancel, but I have the story. | 佩顿打算取消 但我有料要爆 |
[34:56] | All right, shoot. | 好 说吧 |
[35:01] | Dede Standish is a swamp creature. | 迪迪·斯丹迪施在收受贿款 |
[35:03] | Pretends she’s clean, | 假装自己清廉 |
[35:04] | but her husband makes upwards of six figures in cash every year | 但她丈夫每年有六位数的进账 |
[35:06] | ghostwriting for college kids all across the country. | 替全国大学生代写论文 |
[35:09] | He’s been doing this for years. | 而且已经这么做好多年了 |
[35:10] | Jesus. Who’s your source? | 天呐 谁告诉你的 |
[35:13] | William Ward. | 威廉·沃德 |
[35:14] | He will also tell you he’s banging Hadassah Gold. | 他还会告诉你 他搞上了哈达莎·戈尔德 |
[35:17] | They live together. | 他们住在一起 |
[35:19] | That throuple stuff, it’s all smoke and mirrors. | 所谓的三人行 只是镜中月水中花 |
[35:23] | When she aired that ad, it was already over. | 她放那个广告时 就已经结束了 |
[35:26] | The guy that Dede and Marcus are porking now… | 迪迪和马科斯现在在搞的男人 |
[35:31] | is one of Marcus’ students. | 是马科斯的一个学生 |
[35:34] | Holy sh– | 见了鬼了 |