时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:16] | And when we’ve reached the 25th gentle squeeze of the teat, | 当我们第25次轻柔地挤捏奶头时 |
[00:20] | we connect with our sheep with a mindful touch and say, | 我们与绵羊通过心灵进行沟通 我们说 |
[00:25] | – “We honor you.” – “We honor you.” | -“向你致敬” -“向你致敬” |
[00:27] | That’s right. | 对了 |
[00:28] | And we continue milking. | 接着我们继续挤奶 |
[00:30] | And as we do, we acknowledge that we, as women, | 我们一边挤一边认识到 作为女人 我们 |
[00:34] | will also give milk to our child. | 也会用奶水哺育我们的孩子 |
[00:39] | And though we may not hear our children thanking us in this way, | 尽管我们或许不会听到孩子这样感谢我们 |
[00:44] | we will feel it. | 我们能感受到 |
[00:46] | Which is not to say | 这并不是说 |
[00:48] | that all of us are going to breastfeed. | 我们所有人都会用母乳喂养 |
[00:50] | Mothers who choose to formula feed love their children | 那些选择配方奶粉的母亲对她们孩子的爱 |
[00:54] | and are just as much mothers who nurse. | 与母乳喂养的母亲们一样 |
[00:57] | Every woman’s lacteal journey is different and beautiful. | 每位女性的哺乳旅程都不尽相同 却同样美好 |
[01:02] | Let’s say that all together. | 我们一起说吧 |
[01:04] | Every woman’s lacteal journey is different and beautiful. | 每位女性的哺乳旅程都不尽相同 却同样美好 |
[01:10] | – What trimester are you? – Just first. | -你的妊娠期到哪个阶段了 -才初期 |
[01:12] | That’s what I thought. I didn’t want to assume. | 我看也是 我不想太武断 |
[01:14] | Maybe you’re just having a tiny baby. | 也许你的胎儿比较小呢 |
[01:18] | And that would be wonderful, too. | 那样也挺好的 |
[01:22] | And as we place each kernel of buckwheat, | 我们把荞麦芯 |
[01:26] | one by one, | 一粒一粒地 |
[01:27] | back into the pillowcase, | 放回到枕套里 |
[01:29] | making sure that each little grain is free of weevils | 确保每一粒都没有象鼻虫 |
[01:33] | or mealworms, | 或者米虫 |
[01:35] | let us reflect on what each of these 3,000 grains of buckwheat | 与此同时我们思考这三千颗荞麦芯的每一颗 |
[01:42] | represent to us. | 对我们有什么意义 |
[01:43] | Is it the number of weeks that we will live, on average, | 这代表了我们生完孩子成为母亲之后 |
[01:46] | after giving birth and becoming mothers? | 平均的生存周数吗 |
[01:50] | Psst! I just put two kernels in at once. Should I tell her? | 完了 我刚刚一次放了两颗 我要告诉她吗 |
[01:54] | Is she gonna make me start over? | 她会让我重新来吗 |
[01:55] | I– I can’t do this! | 我没法干这个 |
[01:57] | Okay, everyone… | 好吧 所有人… |
[01:59] | …let’s acknowledge that Taryn is feeling challenged | 让我们接受塔琳感到了这个 |
[02:03] | by this exercise in maternal patience. | 母性耐心练习的压力 |
[02:07] | Taryn, would you be interested | 塔琳 你愿意 |
[02:09] | in sharing where you are on your emotional journey right now? | 分享一下此刻你的情感历程吗 |
[02:13] | Actually, yes, yes. Um… | 完全可以 |
[02:15] | I would rather be sleeping on a bunch of weevils | 我宁可睡在一堆象鼻虫上面 |
[02:17] | than count buckwheat kernels, Rainbow. | 也不愿意数荞麦芯 蕾恩博 |
[02:19] | That’s where I’m at right now. | 我现在的历程就是这样 |
[02:21] | Okay. | 好吧 |
[02:22] | And are you able to step out | 你能否从 |
[02:25] | of your negativity whirlpool | 负面的情绪中跳出来 |
[02:28] | to acknowledge that motherhood | 接受作为母亲 |
[02:30] | will present situations that are… | 会遇到一些… |
[02:33] | equally frustrating? | 同样让人烦躁的情况呢 |
[02:35] | No, no, not really, Rainbow. | 不 不会 蕾恩博 |
[02:37] | Really, mostly, what I’m thinking right now | 真的 基本上我现在所想的 |
[02:39] | is that I’m gonna have a son in two months, | 是再过两个月我有个儿子了 |
[02:41] | and I’m wondering how I’m gonna explain to him | 我在想我要如何向他解释 |
[02:42] | that his dad is a fucking meathead | 他的父亲是个他妈的废物 |
[02:45] | who Mommy shouldn’t have had a fucking second date with, | 妈妈根本就不该和他第二次约会 |
[02:47] | let alone move into his apartment for a month | 更别说还搬到他的公寓里住了一个月 |
[02:50] | before Mommy came to her fucking senses! | 之后妈妈才恢复理智 |
[03:00] | And that’s Taryn’s journey, everyone. | 那就是塔琳的心路历程 各位 |
[03:04] | Oh, and just a reminder, | 再提醒一下 |
[03:06] | it’s “Reignbough,” | 我叫”蕾恩宝” |
[03:08] | not “Rainbow.” | 不是”蕾恩博” |
[03:10] | “Reign,” like the period in which a queen rules. | “蕾”就是花蕾的蕾 |
[03:13] | “Bough,” like the branch of a tree. | “宝”就是宝贝的宝 |
[03:45] | Alice… | 艾丽斯… |
[03:48] | I can’t do this anymore. | 我坚持不下去了 |
[03:49] | Me neither. | 我也是 |
[03:51] | This place is insane. | 这地方简直疯了 |
[03:52] | No, I mean, yes, this place is crazy, but I’m… | 不 我是说 这地方确实疯了 但我… |
[03:58] | I know what you’re gonna say. | 我知道你要说什么 |
[04:00] | You don’t have to say it if you don’t want to. | 如果你不想说就不用说 |
[04:02] | No, I have to say it. | 不 我必须得说 |
[04:07] | I can’t be a mother. | 我当不了妈妈 |
[04:13] | Will you come with me? | 你和我一起走吗 |
[04:14] | Of course I will. | 当然了 |
[04:18] | It’s okay. Do you hear me? | 没关系 你听见了吗 |
[04:22] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[04:26] | Now, can we please get the fuck out of here? | 我们赶紧离开这鬼地方吧 |
[06:14] | Roshambo, bitch. | 猜拳吧 孙子 |
[06:16] | Let’s rock paper scissors all up in this piece. | 我们来石头剪刀布好好赌一把吧 |
[06:19] | Remember the strategy. | 牢记策略 |
[06:20] | Well, maybe forgetting the strategy is my strategy. | 也许我的策略就是忘掉策略 |
[06:24] | Wait, am I playing as Dede or playing as me? | 等等 我是迪迪还是自己 |
[06:27] | Playing as you. | 当你自己 |
[06:29] | Copy that. | 收到 |
[06:32] | – What are you doing? – You shoot on three. | -你在干什么 -三下出啊 |
[06:34] | You don’t. You shoot on four. It says so on the Interweb. | 不对 四下出 乐透网上说的 |
[06:37] | – It says– – I don’t care what the Interweb says. | -上面说… -我不管乐透网上怎么说 |
[06:39] | I learned this in 1962, | 我1962年就学会怎么玩了 |
[06:40] | and that’s how we’re playing. Shoot on three. | 我们就得这么玩 三下出 |
[06:42] | Here we go. | 我们开始 |
[06:45] | – Damn it. – Focus. | -妈的 -集中精神 |
[06:48] | Damn it. | 妈的 |
[06:51] | Oh, son of a– | 真他… |
[06:53] | Bitch! How did you do that? | 妈的 你是怎么弄的 |
[06:54] | Nice. | 很好 |
[06:56] | Watch your body language. | 注意你的肢体语言 |
[06:57] | She totally just gave herself away. | 她完全把自己出卖了 |
[07:03] | Yes. | 太好了 |
[07:05] | No! | 不 |
[07:09] | – Oh, come on. Don’t get frustrated. – God, no. | -别这样 别丧气 -天啊 不 |
[07:11] | – This is a disaster! – I really think you’re overthinking it. | -这太糟糕了 -我真的觉得你想太多了 |
[07:14] | Well, of course I’m overthinking it. | 我当然要多想想了 |
[07:16] | I thought that was the strategy. | 我以为这是我们的策略 |
[07:18] | No, come on. | 不 不是的 |
[07:19] | Now, don’t think. | 别再想了 |
[07:21] | You know what the strategy is. | 你知道我们的策略是什么 |
[07:23] | Don’t throw paper or something. | 别出布什么的 |
[07:24] | – That’s not the strategy! – Not the strategy. | -那不是策略 -不是策略 |
[07:26] | Don’t even think! Do it now! Do it right now! Here we go. | 想都别想 现在开始 现在就开始 来吧 |
[07:31] | Damn it. | 该死的 |
[07:34] | What the fuck? | 搞什么鬼 |
[07:35] | – This is eerie, I have to say. – Yeah. | -我不得不说 这太奇怪了 -没错 |
[07:38] | There you go. We tied. | 很好 我们打平了 |
[07:40] | Good. Here. | 很好 再来 |
[07:45] | What is that? Pen? | 那是什么 钢笔吗 |
[07:47] | Motherfucker. | 混账东西 |
[07:53] | Taking you down, amigo. | 你要被打败了 朋友 |
[07:54] | Oh, not today, Satan. | 今天不行 撒旦 |
[08:01] | Yes! | 太棒了 |
[08:03] | Oh, come on. | 不是吧 |
[08:04] | I got ice water in my veins, baby. | 我冷若冰霜 宝贝 |
[08:08] | What am I gonna play, James? | 我会出什么呢 詹姆斯 |
[08:11] | Is it paper? | 是布吗 |
[08:15] | – Oh, I hate you! – Yes! | -我恨你 -赢了 |
[08:18] | That’s right! | 没错 |
[08:21] | Whose house? | 谁是老大 |
[08:22] | Sorry. Awesome. | 抱歉 太好了 |
[08:24] | Real slow now. | 现在要放慢 |
[08:31] | This is insane. | 这太疯狂了 |
[08:32] | Stay focused. | 集中注意力 |
[08:34] | I just won, so my instinct will be… | 我赢了 我的直觉告诉我 |
[08:38] | to stick with what just won. | 要接着出刚才赢了你的 |
[08:40] | You play what will beat | 你就出能赢过 |
[08:42] | – what I just beat you with. – I got it. | -我刚才用来打败你的 -我懂了 |
[08:44] | Okay, okay. Here we go. | 好了 开始吧 |
[08:46] | And… | 来吧 |
[08:50] | – Motherfucking son of a bitch! – I just played scissors! | -混账东西 -我刚刚出了剪刀 |
[08:52] | – Switch to rock! – I know that! I know that! | -你应该出石头 -我知道 我知道 |
[08:55] | – Oh, my God. Nope, not doing it. – God! | -天啊 不 我不要这么做 -天啊 |
[08:56] | – Nope. Not doing it. Nope. – Oh, my God! | -不 我不会这么做的 不 -我的天啊 |
[08:58] | – Dede. – Nope. | -迪迪 -不 |
[08:59] | Nope. I need a drink. I’m going out and getting a drink. | 不行 我要喝杯酒 我要出去喝一杯 |
[09:02] | Well, okay. We can practice along the way. | 好吧 我们可以在路上练习 |
[09:04] | – I’m not practicing. I’m drinking. – Okay… | -我不要练习 我要喝酒 -好吧 |
[09:21] | Do you know anyone that’s had one? | 你知道有谁做过吗 |
[09:23] | I don’t think so. | 好像没有 |
[09:25] | But my understanding is that… | 但是据我所知 |
[09:29] | when you get older, you find out that a lot of people | 当你长大后 你会发现很多做过的人 |
[09:31] | who you never knew had one actually had one. | 恰恰是你觉得没有做过的人 |
[09:34] | Pretty sure my mom has. | 我确定我妈做过 |
[09:37] | And my dad’s definitely paid for more than one. | 而我爸肯定不止一次为这事付钱 |
[09:41] | Are you having doubts? | 你犹豫了吗 |
[09:43] | No. | 不 |
[09:45] | Are you having feelings? | 你感觉难过吗 |
[09:50] | I thought River got me pregnant once. | 我有一次以为有了里弗的孩子 |
[09:55] | I didn’t tell him because I knew | 我没有告诉他 因为我知道 |
[09:56] | he would just ask me to marry him on the spot and want to keep it. | 他会让当场我嫁给他 还要留下孩子 |
[10:00] | And you didn’t want that. | 但你不希望那样 |
[10:02] | I loved River more than I’ve ever loved anyone, but… | 我爱里弗胜过所有人 但是 |
[10:06] | I just… I don’t want kids. | 我就是 不想要孩子 |
[10:10] | You don’t know that. | 你也不能肯定啊 |
[10:12] | I do. | 我肯定 |
[10:13] | And I don’t care anymore | 我也不再在乎 |
[10:15] | if people think that makes me less of a woman. | 别人是否会因此认为我不完整 |
[10:17] | I know it doesn’t. | 我知道那不会 |
[10:21] | I just don’t want that for myself, | 我就是不想要孩子 |
[10:23] | so I wouldn’t be a good mother. | 这样我就不用做好母亲了 |
[10:25] | Do you think I will… | 你觉得我能 |
[10:28] | be a good mother? | 成为一个好母亲吗 |
[10:30] | Yeah, I think you probably will. | 是的 我觉得你可能会 |
[10:34] | You make Payton feel better about himself than he deserves to, | 你让佩顿自我感觉更好了 虽然他没那么好 |
[10:37] | so that means you know how to look after a boy. | 这说明你知道怎么照顾一个男孩 |
[10:40] | And you’re the most accomplished woman I know. | 你也是我认识的最有成就的女性 |
[10:43] | So you’ll probably pass that on if you have a girl. | 如果你怀的是女孩 她可能会是下一个你 |
[10:48] | I still love Payton. | 我还爱着佩顿 |
[10:52] | I don’t know if I wanna do this without him. | 如果他不在 我不知道自己是否还想要这孩子 |
[11:03] | Do you think they’ll let you come in with me? | 你觉得他们会允许你陪我进去吗 |
[11:05] | Yes. I’ll be in there with you the whole time. | 是的 我会一直在那里陪着你 |
[11:09] | When you walk out of here, | 当你走出这里后 |
[11:12] | you can do whatever you want with your life. | 你就可以随心所欲地生活了 |
[11:14] | When I walk out of here… | 当我走出这里 |
[11:16] | it’s gonna be on a path that I want. | 我会选择自己想要的路 |
[11:20] | So should you. | 你也该这样 |
[11:24] | But what if we don’t like where that path leads? | 但如果我们不喜欢这条路的目的地怎么办 |
[11:27] | At least you will have chosen it. | 至少那也是你自己的选择 |
[11:30] | – Astrid Sloan? – Yeah. | -阿斯特丽德·斯隆 -是的 |
[11:32] | This way, please. | 这边请 |
[11:42] | I don’t know why we couldn’t have had a drink at the St. Regis. | 我不明白为什么我们不能在瑞吉酒店喝 |
[11:46] | What, all the way uptown? | 怎样 在上城区那个吗 |
[11:47] | Besides, the best way to make an old broad happy | 况且让一个老女人开心的最佳办法 |
[11:50] | is to surround her with gay men. | 就是让她被一群男同性恋包围 |
[11:52] | *Some years went by, they had a child* | *几年之后 他们有了孩子* |
[11:55] | *He was funny, strange, and mild* | *他奇特有趣 温和无害* |
[11:58] | *Their love for him ran deep* | *他们深深爱着他* |
[12:02] | *Some nights, his dreams would drive him wild* | *有些夜晚 梦境让他抓狂* |
[12:05] | *So into bed, she piled* | *所以她也挤上儿童床* |
[12:07] | *To help him fall asleep…* | *帮他入眠* |
[12:12] | What is he doing here? | 他在这里干什么 |
[12:14] | I have no idea. | 我不知道 |
[12:16] | Sounds pretty good, though. | 不过唱得很动听 |
[12:18] | – Really good. – Yeah. | -真的很好听 -对啊 |
[12:21] | *I may not be wise* | *我或许没有智慧* |
[12:26] | *And I won’t save the day* | *我无法拯救世界* |
[12:30] | *But look in my eyes* | *但当你直视我的双眼* |
[12:35] | *And know I’ll always stay* | *会知道我将永远陪伴* |
[12:39] | *And I won’t run away* | *我不会逃走* |
[12:58] | *I won’t run away* | *我不会逃走* |
[13:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[13:16] | – Well, well, well. – Yeah. | -瞧瞧这是谁 -是啊 |
[13:18] | – Goodness. Can we buy you a drink? – Look at you. | -天啊 我们能请你喝杯酒吗 -厉害了 |
[13:20] | I already have my club soda. | 我已经点了苏打水 |
[13:22] | I’m sober. I have been for months now, so… | 我在戒酒 已经四个月了 所以 |
[13:25] | – one day at a time. – Good for you. | -一步一个脚印 -好样的 |
[13:27] | Gee, with a voice like yours, | 天啊 你这么好的嗓子 |
[13:28] | you should be on Broadway, not in politics. | 应该去百老汇 而不是来干政治 |
[13:31] | Although, and this might be the martini talking, | 虽然 可能是酒精让我这么说的 |
[13:34] | you ran a hell of a campaign. | 你的竞选很成功 |
[13:36] | – You’re good, kid. – Thanks. | -你是个好孩子 -谢谢 |
[13:38] | I know I don’t need to say it, considering your track record, | 我想不用我说 鉴于你们的辉煌记录 |
[13:41] | but so are you. | 但你们也很不错 |
[13:42] | Both of you. Really. | 你们两个都很棒 真的 |
[13:44] | It’s– It’s sad that someone has to lose. | 很可惜必须有一个人要输 |
[13:46] | He’s bullshitting. | 他在鬼扯呢 |
[13:47] | – You love the idea of beating us. – Sometimes. | -你做梦都想打败我们 -有时候 |
[13:50] | Okay, most of the time. | 好吧 大多数时候 |
[13:52] | But, seriously, you guys fought for progressive causes | 但说真的 你们曾为许多进步事业而奋斗 |
[13:54] | people my age just assume were always there. | 而我这个年纪的人都只视之为理所当然 |
[13:56] | You know, abortion rights, | 比如说堕胎权 |
[13:57] | civil rights, social programs. | 公民权 社会项目 |
[13:59] | We all stand on your shoulders. | 我们是站在你们的肩膀上 |
[14:01] | Yeah, while you drive us into the grave. | 是啊 然后把我们拍死在沙滩上 |
[14:03] | Just like you did with progressives before you. | 正如你们把之前的进步派拍死在沙滩上 |
[14:05] | Well, experience matters, you know? | 经验很重要 你知道吗 |
[14:06] | Knowing how the game is played, | 了解游戏的规则 |
[14:08] | and the back doors into the system… | 还有这个体系中的潜规则 |
[14:10] | Vision and passion are great, | 愿景和热情值得称颂 |
[14:13] | but Albany… | 但奥尔巴尼 |
[14:14] | is a beast… | 是头野兽 |
[14:16] | …that takes years to learn how to tame. | 需要花费多年才能学会如何驯服它 |
[14:19] | We’ve seen it eat noobs alive. | 我们见证过它生吞活剥菜鸟 |
[14:22] | I am sure that’s probably true. | 我相信这可能是真的 |
[14:24] | But, for now… | 但目前为止 |
[14:26] | I’m having the time of my life. | 我正享受着生活 |
[14:28] | It’s great, isn’t it? Being in the arena. | 很不错吧 在竞技场上 |
[14:31] | With the roar of the crowd… | 随着人群的嘶吼 |
[14:33] | the feel of the other guy’s bones breaking in your hands, | 别人的骨头在你手中碎裂的感觉 |
[14:35] | the taste of blood in your mouth. | 你嘴里的鲜血味 |
[14:39] | I do want you to know, I had my limits, okay? | 我想告诉你们 我也有底线 好吗 |
[14:41] | A member of my staff leaked all that stuff about the throuple | 我的一个员工透露了关于三人行的事情 |
[14:44] | and– and you and William. | 还有你和威廉的事情 |
[14:46] | I– I had him fired for it. | 我因此解雇了他 |
[14:47] | Thank you for saying so, but, uh… | 谢谢你能这么说 但是 |
[14:50] | actually, you should rehire him. | 你应该把他请回来 |
[14:53] | No, I would have advised you to release that stuff. | 如果是我 我也会建议你把那件事情抖出去 |
[14:55] | We’re big girls. | 我们都是成年人 |
[14:57] | We know this isn’t tiddlywinks. | 我们知道这不是过家家 |
[14:59] | And it all ended up for the best anyway. | 最后的结果也皆大欢喜 |
[15:01] | Although, I am a little more tired than I used to be. | 不过 我比之前要累一点 |
[15:04] | William is insatiable. | 威廉总是欲求不满 |
[15:08] | So, what are you gonna do if you win, Payton? | 佩顿 如果你赢了 你会做什么 |
[15:11] | First hundred days? | 第一个百天计划 |
[15:13] | Re-start the conversation about building a seawall | 重新启动关于修建海堤来保护下曼哈顿地区 |
[15:15] | to protect Lower Manhattan from the next superstorm. | 免受下一次超级风暴侵害的对话 |
[15:16] | Never gonna happen. | 不可能 |
[15:18] | Those tightwads in appropriations, | 那些负责拨款的吝啬鬼 |
[15:19] | they will give you ten cents for a paper clip | 如果觉得你的计划能帮助曼哈顿 |
[15:22] | if they think it’s gonna help Manhattan. | 可能会给你十分钱买个回形针 |
[15:24] | I know, I know. I– I don’t think it’s ever gonna get built. | 我知道 我并不指望我们真的能建成海堤 |
[15:26] | I just think it’s gonna help create favor | 我只是觉得这样能帮我 |
[15:28] | with the local construction union, | 和当地的建筑联盟搞好关系 |
[15:29] | which will increase my voting bloc | 这样能壮大我的选举团 |
[15:31] | enough to solidify my reelection chances. | 并巩固我下一次连任的几率 |
[15:33] | And it’s gonna move the goalposts | 而且这能提高 |
[15:35] | as far as what they’re willing to spend on climate issues, | 他们在气候问题上的拨款额度 |
[15:37] | so when I propose that we subsidize | 如果我提出提供补贴 |
[15:39] | solar panels for all the downtown buildings, | 给所有市中心的建筑安装太阳能板 |
[15:40] | that $200 billion is gonna make | 和两千亿比起来 |
[15:42] | the 50 million that the paneling costs sound like a bargain. | 安装太阳能板的五千万就显得很便宜了 |
[15:46] | Maybe I won’t get as chewed up as you think I will. | 或许我不会像你们想的那样被生吞活剥 |
[15:48] | Payton, people are asking for you to do another song. | 佩顿 大家要求你再唱一首歌 |
[15:53] | My constituency demands action. | 我的选民们需要我 |
[15:56] | Excuse me, ladies. | 失陪了 女士们 |
[15:59] | You know, | 人们总说 |
[16:01] | they say that you learn more from your enemies | 你从敌人那学到的东西 |
[16:04] | than you do from your friends. | 远比从朋友那学到的多 |
[16:06] | So, I would like to dedicate this next song to two women, who… | 所以 接下来的这首歌献给两位女士 |
[16:10] | other than my mother, | 除了我母亲之外 |
[16:11] | have done more to make a man out of me | 她们是这个世界上对我的成长 |
[16:13] | than anyone else in the world. | 作用最大的两位女性 |
[16:37] | *Everything has its season* | *万事皆有期* |
[16:40] | *Everything has its time* | *万物皆有时* |
[16:43] | *Show me a reason and I’ll soon show you a rhyme* | *给我理由 还你歌谣* |
[16:48] | *Cats sit on the window sill* | *小猫静静坐窗台* |
[16:51] | *Children sit in the snow* | *孩子滚雪地* |
[16:54] | *Why do I feel I don’t fit in* | *为何我感觉无法融入* |
[16:57] | *Anywhere I go?* | *我的所到之处* |
[17:00] | *Rivers belong where they can ramble* | *清水漫溯 是河流的归属* |
[17:05] | *Eagles belong where they can fly* | *展翅翱翔 是苍鹰的追求* |
[17:10] | *I got to be* | *我可以去* |
[17:12] | *Where my spirit can run free* | *灵魂自由驰骋之地* |
[17:16] | *Gotta find my corner* | *找到属于自己的* |
[17:20] | *Of the sky* | *天空一隅* |
[17:26] | *Every man has his daydreams* | *每个人都有白日梦* |
[17:29] | *Every man has his goals* | *每个人都有目标* |
[17:32] | *People like the way dreams have of sticking to the soul* | *在梦想的征途上 我们坚守着灵魂的净土* |
[17:37] | *Thunderclouds have their lightning* | *闪电穿破密布的雷云* |
[17:40] | *Nightingales have their song* | *夜莺轻启婉转的歌喉* |
[17:43] | *And don’t you see I want my life* | *你还不明白我想要我的生活* |
[17:45] | *To be something more than long* | *不只是长长久久* |
[17:49] | *Rivers belong where they can ramble* | *清水漫溯 是河流的归属* |
[17:54] | *Eagles belong where they can fly* | *展翅翱翔 是苍鹰的追求* |
[17:59] | *I got to be* | *我可以去* |
[18:01] | *Where my spirit can run free* | *灵魂自由驰骋之地* |
[18:05] | *Gotta find my corner* | *找到属于自己的* |
[18:09] | *Of the sky* | *天空一隅* |
[18:15] | *So many men seem destined* | *很多人似乎注定* |
[18:18] | *To settle for something small* | *因小事将就* |
[18:21] | *But I won’t rest until I know I’ll have it all* | *但我在拥有一切之前 决不罢休* |
[18:26] | *So don’t ask where I’m going* | *别问我要去哪* |
[18:29] | *Just listen when I’ve gone* | *我走之后静静聆听* |
[18:32] | *And far away you’ll hear me singing softly to the dawn* | *你会听到远处的我 轻唱到天明* |
[18:38] | *Rivers belong where they can ramble* | *清水漫溯 是河流的归属* |
[18:43] | *Eagles belong where they can fly* | *展翅翱翔 是苍鹰的追求* |
[18:48] | *I’ve got to be* | *我可以去* |
[18:50] | *Where my spirit can run free* | *灵魂自由驰骋之地* |
[18:54] | *Gotta find my corner* | *找到属于自己的* |
[19:01] | *Of the sky* | *天空一隅* |
[19:07] | *The sky* | *一隅* |
[19:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:30] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[19:44] | Oh, my God. | 我的天 |
[19:46] | Oh, this is awful. | 这太糟了 |
[19:48] | You should fake a heart attack or something. | 你该假装心脏病发作什么的 |
[19:50] | – They look nervous. – They should be. | -他们看上去很紧张 -应该的 |
[19:52] | Old people are terrible at game theory. | 老人不擅长博弈论 |
[19:53] | I bet they buy all the utilities in Monopoly. | 他们玩大富翁时肯定会买下所有电力和水利公司 |
[19:56] | I can’t believe this is the way our political career is gonna end. | 不敢相信我们的政治生涯竟然会这样结束 |
[20:00] | Would you relax? | 你能放松吗 |
[20:01] | Everything’s going to be fine. | 不会有事的 |
[20:04] | I have never seen anyone worse at roshambo than you, Dede. | 你是我见过猜拳最烂的人 迪迪 |
[20:08] | You are uniquely and utterly useless at it. | 你垃圾得独一无二 |
[20:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:13] | Here we go. | 开始了 |
[20:14] | – Oh, shit. – All right. | -该死 -好了 |
[20:18] | Hello, all. | 大家好 |
[20:19] | I’m Jay Tank-Brown, head of the elections board. | 我是杰·坦克-布朗 选举委员会主任 |
[20:22] | I’d like to welcome you all to a very… | 我想欢迎大家前来 |
[20:24] | unique and historic day | 参与与众不同且具有历史意义的一天 |
[20:26] | to determine the winner of the 27th District state senate election. | 我们将在此决定27区州参议员选举的获胜者 |
[20:30] | Now, the rules are clear. | 规则很清楚 |
[20:31] | Rock beats scissors, | 石头胜剪刀 |
[20:33] | paper beats rock, and, | 布胜石头 |
[20:35] | of course, scissors beats paper. | 当然 剪刀胜布 |
[20:38] | We will be using the Jacobian scoring rules. | 我们将使用雅可比评分规则 |
[20:42] | Best of five, as agreed upon by the candidates– | 五局三胜制 候选人一致同意 |
[20:45] | Uh, Jay, before we start, I’d like to say a few words. | 杰 在我们开始前 我想说几句话 |
[20:48] | No. Hold on. We did not agree to that in negotiations. Okay? | 不 等等 我们协商时没有同意这个 好吗 |
[20:51] | If she gets to speak, I get to speak too. | 要是她能发言 那我也能 |
[20:53] | Payton, Payton, shut up. | 佩顿 佩顿 闭嘴 |
[20:55] | You have the whole rest of your life to talk. | 你余生可以慢慢讲话 |
[21:06] | You hear that? | 听到了没 |
[21:08] | Hear what? What is she talking about? | 听到什么 她在说什么 |
[21:10] | It’s a trick. It’s gotta be a trick. | 这是花招 肯定是花招 |
[21:12] | See, when you’re a politician, | 当你是政客的时候 |
[21:14] | you develop a kind of, um… | 你会发展出一种 |
[21:17] | bionic listening. | 仿生听力 |
[21:19] | You have to hear what no one else does. | 你必须听到其他人听不到的 |
[21:22] | You have to hear what your constituents want… | 你必须听到你的选民想要的 |
[21:25] | above all the noise of the media | 摒除周围夹杂着媒体的噪音 |
[21:28] | and the special interests. | 和特殊利益 |
[21:30] | The sound of the strongest political wind… | 最强大的政治风声 |
[21:35] | can be heard long before it blows down old politicians | 能在它吹倒老政客和想法之前 |
[21:40] | and ideas. | 就被听到 |
[21:42] | The best of us can hear them… | 我们中最优秀的人可以 |
[21:45] | when they’re nothing but a summer’s breeze. | 在它们还只是夏日微风时就听到 |
[21:48] | I’m not great at everything, | 我并不擅长一切 |
[21:49] | I– I am certainly not a champion at rock paper scissors. | 我不是石头剪子布的高手 |
[21:53] | I dig in when I should compromise, | 我在该让步时继续深究 |
[21:56] | and I have a very specific approach to romance. | 对于爱情 我有很独特的解读方法 |
[22:02] | However… | 然而 |
[22:04] | I am a great listener. | 我是个出色的聆听者 |
[22:07] | And one of the things that I’ve been hearing | 在过去几周的竞选中 |
[22:08] | over the past few weeks of this campaign | 我经常听到的一件事 |
[22:11] | is that young people are angry. | 就是年轻人很愤怒 |
[22:14] | They are angry about income inequality, | 他们愤怒收入不平等 |
[22:18] | wage stagnation, the cost of housing, and more than anything, | 工资停滞 房价 最愤怒的是 |
[22:21] | climate change | 气候变化 |
[22:23] | that will alter the way they relate to the planet we leave them | 这将改变他们与我们所留下的星球的相处模式 |
[22:26] | because they know that | 因为他们知道 |
[22:26] | none of those other things are going to matter | 如果他们失去了居住的星球 |
[22:28] | if they don’t have a planet to live on. | 其他的一切都将不再重要 |
[22:31] | And most importantly, | 最重要的是 |
[22:33] | they’re willing to do something about it. | 他们愿意对此采取行动 |
[22:36] | And one of the other things that I’ve been hearing… | 我一直有所耳闻的还有 |
[22:40] | is the voice… | 一个声音 |
[22:42] | of a young man… | 来自一位年轻人 |
[22:44] | who fights diligently to solve the problems | 他来回奔走 努力奋斗 为了解决 |
[22:47] | that these young people are so angry about. | 这些让年轻人如此愤怒的问题 |
[22:52] | This election should not have been this close. | 这场选举的结果不应该如此势均力敌 |
[22:54] | But it was. | 但事实就是如此 |
[22:56] | So close that we are here deciding the outcome | 如此势均力敌 以至于我们相聚在此 |
[22:58] | with a child’s game. | 用儿戏决定竞选结果 |
[23:01] | It was so close because young people voted | 如此势均力敌是因为年轻人的投票率 |
[23:05] | in larger numbers than ever before, | 比以往的任何时候都高 |
[23:08] | and some of them for the very first time. | 其中有些人还是第一次参与投票 |
[23:10] | They voted… | 他们投票 |
[23:13] | because they finally… | 是因为他们终于 |
[23:16] | had a candidate… | 等到了这位候选人 |
[23:18] | who inspired them. | 他鼓舞了他们 |
[23:21] | Who made them believe | 他让他们相信 |
[23:24] | that someone was finally listening to them. | 终于有人在聆听他们的诉求了 |
[23:29] | And I’m listening too. | 我也在聆听 |
[23:33] | And that is why… | 因此我决定… |
[23:35] | I am conceding this election to Payton Hobart. | 要退位让贤 让佩顿·霍巴特赢得本次选举 |
[23:42] | It’s not a trick, not a trick. | 这不是花招 我没有耍花招 |
[23:45] | Congratulations, Payton. | 恭喜 佩顿 |
[23:50] | Senator Hobart. | 霍巴特参议员 |
[23:58] | Now the hard part starts, kiddo. | 现在难关才刚刚开始 小子 |
[24:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:04] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[24:09] | I guess we won. | 我想我们赢了 |
[24:12] | Hey, cheer up. | 开心点 |
[24:14] | Why? You just gave away the farm. | 为什么 你刚才都把农场拱手让人了 |
[24:17] | That was certainly very unexpected. | 这确实太出乎意料之外了 |
[24:19] | Um, we’re all a little bit taken aback, | 我们都有点吃惊 |
[24:22] | but I think that we are gonna stick | 但我认为 我们要坚持 |
[24:23] | to our plan for the first hundred days | 第一个百天计划 |
[24:24] | to focus on technology… | 关注科技发展… |
[24:28] | You won. | 你赢了 |
[24:33] | Maybe. I’ll never know what was in that ballot box. | 也许 我永远都不会知道投票箱的结果了 |
[24:38] | Trying to write this acceptance speech. | 我正在写获胜感言 |
[24:40] | You made the right call, not turning it in. | 你做了正确的决定 没有上交投票箱 |
[24:44] | Not right in the legal or ethical sense, but… | 在法律或道德层面上都不该如此 |
[24:48] | right for you. | 对你来说是正确的 |
[24:53] | I envy you. | 我嫉妒你 |
[24:54] | ‘Cause I’m willing to do anything to win? | 因为我为了赢可以不择手段 |
[24:56] | Because you know who you are. | 因为你知道自己是谁 |
[24:58] | You know what you want. | 你知道自己想要什么 |
[25:02] | You don’t? | 你不知道吗 |
[25:05] | I think I may wanna go to medical school. | 我想 我可能想上医学院 |
[25:11] | I think… | 我觉得 |
[25:14] | you’d be a great doctor. | 你会成为一位出色的医生 |
[25:16] | Maybe I’ll become a surgeon. | 也许我会成为一名外科医生 |
[25:19] | I excel at focusing on a single task for long periods of time. | 我擅长长时间专注于一项任务 |
[25:22] | It’s that or start a lifestyle brand, I haven’t decided yet. | 做医生还是创立一个生活品牌 我还没决定 |
[25:25] | Either way, | 无论如何 |
[25:26] | I need to go back to Harvard and finish school. | 我要回哈佛完成学业 |
[25:30] | I am certain that I love you though. | 但我确信的是 我还爱你 |
[25:34] | I don’t wanna be your dutiful wife, but… | 我不想成为你尽职的妻子 但是 |
[25:40] | I do wanna have a family with you. | 我真的很想和你成立一个新家庭 |
[25:43] | It just needs to be a little more… | 只是我们的相处模式要更像 |
[25:46] | 前者为阿马尔和乔治·克鲁尼夫妇 后者为儿童绘本 讲述两只河马好友间温馨的趣事 | |
[25:46] | George and Amal and a little less George and Martha. | 乔治和阿马尔 少像《乔治与玛莎》一点 |
[25:56] | I want that too. | 我也这么想 |
[25:59] | Come on. Let me buy you dinner? | 走吧 我请你吃晚饭吧 |
[26:02] | We’ll talk medical schools? | 我们聊聊医学院的事 |
[26:03] | Don’t you have to finish your acceptance speech? | 你不用写获奖感言了吗 |
[26:06] | Ah, it can wait. | 那不着急 |
[26:08] | I think… | 我想 |
[26:10] | we should make tonight… | 我们今晚应该 |
[26:13] | all about you. | 只聊你 |
[26:20] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[26:27] | 乔治娜·霍巴特 视频电话 | |
[26:31] | Hello. | 你好 |
[26:32] | – Hello! – Hi, Georgina. | -你好 -你好 乔治娜 |
[26:33] | Hi, Dede. | 你好 迪迪 |
[26:35] | – Thank you so much for facial timing me. – Hello. | -谢谢你和我视频电话 -你好 |
[26:38] | How’s the day drinking going? | 你的白日喝酒怎么样了 |
[26:40] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[26:41] | Oh, I didn’t mean it as an insult. | 我无意冒犯 |
[26:47] | How are you, Georgina? | 你好吗 乔治娜 |
[26:48] | Are you still basking in the glow | 你还沉浸在 |
[26:50] | of winning 98 percent of the vote? | 赢得98%选票的喜悦中吗 |
[26:52] | I mean, I suppose so. | 确实如此 |
[26:54] | Running for governor, was– It was– It was fun, | 竞选州长很有趣 |
[26:58] | but, uh, can you believe | 但你能相信吗 |
[27:00] | nobody told me that you have to move to Sacramento for the job? | 没有人告诉过我工作地点在萨克拉门托 |
[27:04] | I mean… | 我是说 |
[27:06] | what is in Sacramento | 萨克拉门托有什么 |
[27:08] | except for farmland and– and– and opioids? | 除了农田和鸦片一无所有 |
[27:12] | Um, so– so you’re not taking the job? | 所以你不接受这份工作吗 |
[27:15] | No, of course I am. I am. | 不 我当然接受 |
[27:17] | But I– I’ll only be there for a year. | 但我只去那里工作一年 |
[27:19] | My understanding is that the governor’s term is for four years. | 据我所知 州长的任期是四年 |
[27:23] | But I’ve decided… | 但我已经决定 |
[27:25] | to run for president. | 要去竞选总统了 |
[27:27] | This cycle. | 下一届 |
[27:28] | Isn’t that wonderful? | 是不是很棒 |
[27:31] | What– What about all your big plans for California? | 那你为加州画的大饼呢 |
[27:34] | What about secession? | 加州独立怎么办 |
[27:37] | Well, you know, | 你知道吗 |
[27:38] | I might have been aiming a little bit high with that one. | 那个目标我可能定得高了点 |
[27:41] | And then it struck me. | 然后我突然意识到 |
[27:43] | Why does California have to leave the country | 如果全国都能向加州看齐的话 |
[27:47] | when the country could be more like California? | 那加州为什么要离开这个国家呢 |
[27:50] | Well, yeah, but what does that have to do with me? | 好吧 但这跟我有什么关系 |
[27:53] | Well… | 这个嘛 |
[27:56] | I want you to be my vice president. | 我想让你做我的副总统 |
[28:01] | You are so smart, Dede. | 你很聪明 迪迪 |
[28:05] | You’re so good at all of the– the governing | 你很擅长 执政相关的所有事 |
[28:08] | and all that stuff that I really can’t be bothered with. | 和那些我完全不想费工夫处理的事 |
[28:11] | I doubt I would even run for a second term. | 我甚至想过是否要竞选连任 |
[28:13] | You would be set up to succeed me. | 你会使我胜任的 |
[28:18] | If I said yes, I would– I would have terms. | 如果我答应了 我有条件 |
[28:21] | I would want to bring Hadassah Gold with me. | 我想带上哈达莎·戈尔德一起 |
[28:23] | – I would want… – Oh, of course. I’m way ahead of you. | -我还想要 -当然 我早就想到了 |
[28:25] | I was thinking of having her as my chief of staff. | 我想让她做我的幕僚长 |
[28:28] | Her natural dislike of people | 她天生对人的厌恶 |
[28:29] | makes her perfect for that job. | 使她非常适合这份工作 |
[28:31] | One question then: | 有个问题 |
[28:34] | Why me? | 为什么是我 |
[28:35] | Because you and I both know, you are far from finished. | 因为你我都知道 你还远远没有结束 |
[28:40] | It’s second act time for you. | 这是你的第二春 |
[28:42] | And politics, yes, it’s mostly ego and– and marketing, | 政治 无非就是自负和营销 |
[28:46] | but– but the governing… | 而执政 |
[28:49] | competency matters… | 能力很重要 |
[28:51] | integrity matters, | 诚信很重要 |
[28:52] | expertise matters, experience matters. | 专业知识很重要 经验也很重要 |
[28:56] | The country needs you, | 国家需要你 |
[28:59] | that’s why. | 这就是原因 |
[29:02] | An all female ticket. | 一个纯女性竞选团队 |
[29:04] | History-making. | 创造历史 |
[29:08] | What do you say? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[29:10] | Because this is the thing about change… | 问题是 关于改变 |
[29:13] | people say that it can’t be done, | 人们说这不可能 |
[29:14] | and then when it is, when you accomplish | 而当你完成了人们所说的 |
[29:16] | the thing that nobody said that you could, | 不可能完成的事情时 |
[29:18] | suddenly, those people that stood there, | 突然间 那些站在面前 |
[29:21] | blocking your path every step of the way, | 挡住你每步去路的人 |
[29:23] | suddenly, they say that they didn’t. | 突然间 他们说自己并没有 |
[29:25] | Suddenly, your big idea was their big idea all along. | 突然间 你的好主意变成了他们的一直以来的主意 |
[29:29] | So, let’s not let that happen. | 所以我们不要让这种事发生 |
[29:32] | Let’s remind them | 要让他们记住 |
[29:33] | that they were the ones standing in the way of progress… | 他们才是阻碍进步的人 |
[29:37] | Oh, God, there you are. I’m not saying any of this. | 天啊 你来了 我才不要照这个说 |
[29:40] | Okay, I mean, you can say whatever you want, you won. | 你可以想怎么说就怎么说 毕竟你赢了 |
[29:42] | No, I didn’t win, | 不 我并没有赢 |
[29:42] | that’s the problem, I tied. | 这就是问题所在 我们打平了 |
[29:44] | Okay? So that makes this speech about | 明白吗 它让我这篇 |
[29:45] | all the things I’m gonna do with my big victory | 关于展望未来的胜选感言 |
[29:47] | sound really stupid, | 听起来很愚蠢 |
[29:47] | especially since it’s not a victory at all. | 尤其是在我根本没有赢的情况下 |
[29:49] | Yeah, but what I’m trying to say is– | 但我想说的是 |
[29:50] | Can you please just stop interrupting me, | 可以请你不要打断我 |
[29:51] | let me finish a fucking thought! | 先他妈的让我说完吗 |
[29:54] | I’m sorry, it’s just… | 抱歉 只是 |
[29:56] | the problem is, for someone who has | 问题在于 对于一个把自己的未来 |
[29:58] | staked his future on winning elections… | 押在赢得选举上的人来说 |
[30:02] | I don’t win many elections, do I? | 我并没有赢过几次选举 对吧 |
[30:05] | There are cynics who will tell you that | 那些愤世嫉俗的告诉你 |
[30:07] | recycling doesn’t make a difference… | 回收并没有多大用处的人 |
[30:08] | Okay, I’m about to say something | 好吧 我接下来要说的话 |
[30:09] | that might make you really mad. | 可能会让你很生气 |
[30:12] | But you won. | 但你赢了 |
[30:13] | Jesus Christ. No, my opponent dropped out, again. | 老天 我没有赢 我的对手又一次退出了 |
[30:15] | That’s the thrust of the point that I’m attempting to make. | 这正是我想强调的重点 |
[30:17] | Yeah, no, that’s the part that might make you mad. | 不 接下去我说的才是会让你生气的点 |
[30:20] | We counted the votes in the ballot box… and you won. | 我们清点了投票箱里的选票 你赢了 |
[30:24] | …leaders will see the writing on the wall. | 领导人将会看到不祥之兆 |
[30:26] | James, Skye, and me, | 詹姆斯 斯凯和我 |
[30:27] | we kind of couldn’t stand not knowing… | 我们真的没办法忍住不去弄清楚 |
[30:29] | Payton. | 佩顿 |
[30:31] | Dede. | 迪迪 |
[30:33] | Payton. Payton. | 佩顿 佩顿 |
[30:35] | All those old people in the retirement home… | 养老院的那些老人 |
[30:39] | …they all went for you, 98 to 75. | 他们都投给你了 98对75票 |
[30:42] | You won the election, Payton. | 你赢得了选举 佩顿 |
[30:43] | I mean, it was close, just 23 votes, | 很接近 只差23票 |
[30:45] | but you won, you– you actually won. | 但你赢了 你真的赢了 |
[30:48] | Congratulations, Senator. | 恭喜你 参议员 |
[30:50] | State… Senator. Let’s not get carried away. | 州参议员 先别得意忘形了 |
[30:53] | State Senator Elect! | 当选州参议员 |
[30:54] | Oh, my God. | 我的天啊 |
[30:55] | Ladies and gentlemen, Senator Elect Payton Hobart. | 女士们先生们 州参议员当选者 佩顿·霍巴特 |
[30:59] | – That’s me. – That’s you. | -到我了 -到你了 |
[31:21] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[31:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[31:31] | You know, I have to– I have to tell you, | 你们知道吗 我得说 |
[31:32] | I’m very much at a loss for words. | 我很不知所措 |
[31:34] | – We love you! – I love you, too. | -我们爱你 -我也爱你们 |
[31:38] | I really do. | 真的爱 |
[31:41] | Listen, a lot of ink was spilled | 很多人都在谈论 |
[31:43] | about how this– this race was about generational change. | 说这场竞争的主题是世代更迭 |
[31:47] | Right? Older voters versus younger voters, | 对吧 年长选民对年轻选民 |
[31:49] | voters that had never before in their lives cast a ballot. | 之前从未投过票的选民 |
[31:52] | But… | 但是 |
[31:54] | looking at our exit polls, I learned a lot | 看了我们的出口民调 我才了解到 |
[31:56] | about who my supporters really are. | 到底哪些人才是我的支持者 |
[31:58] | Young and old, you trusted me with your support. | 年轻或年长 你们都信任我支持我 |
[32:01] | It has defied my expectations… | 出乎我的意料 |
[32:05] | and it has humbled me. | 也让我感到谦逊 |
[32:08] | And for anyone out there | 对那些投票给 |
[32:09] | who did cast a vote for Dede Standish, | 迪迪·斯丹迪施的人 |
[32:11] | I have three words: | 我有三个字要说 |
[32:14] | I get it. | 我理解 |
[32:16] | I do. | 真的 |
[32:20] | Dede Standish is a remarkable woman. | 迪迪·斯丹迪施是位了不起的女性 |
[32:23] | She’s an outstanding politician | 她是位出色的政客 |
[32:25] | who’s done just about as much as any single person could do | 尽了一个人可以尽的最大能力 |
[32:28] | to improve the lives of her fellow citizens. | 提升她同胞民众的生活水平 |
[32:30] | Now, she and I did not always agree on everything. | 她和我并不总能意见一致 |
[32:35] | But, uh, I promise you, | 但我向你们保证 |
[32:37] | I will work every bit as hard as she has for the last 30 years, | 我会像她过去三十年那样尽心尽责 |
[32:41] | and I promise you that I will take | 我承诺我会扛起 |
[32:42] | the trust that you placed in her | 你们对她的信任 |
[32:44] | and I will guard that trust | 守护这份信任 |
[32:46] | for as long as I’m honored to hold elective office in your name. | 只要我还是你们大家的选任公职人员 |
[32:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢各位 |
[33:01] | There’s an old adage | 有句俗话说的好 |
[33:03] | that says that politicians campaign in poetry | 政治竞选靠诗歌 |
[33:07] | and govern in prose. | 执政治理靠散文 |
[33:10] | So now we are on to the prose part. | 所以现在我们到散文的部分了 |
[33:12] | The backbreaking work of standing up to the colossus, | 站在巨人面前 我肩上的任重道远 |
[33:16] | the abomination that is money in politics. | 为政治所利用的金钱令人憎恨 |
[33:20] | The fire hose of falsehoods and disinformation | 连篇的谎言和政府的造谣 |
[33:24] | that is trained and ready to drown out anybody | 早已根深蒂固 并随时准备干掉 |
[33:26] | who dares to challenge a broken system. | 任何胆敢挑战残缺制度的人 |
[33:29] | The power of the forces aligned against us… | 与我们作对的势力 |
[33:33] | is daunting. | 令人闻风丧胆 |
[33:36] | And the hard work of safeguarding our natural environment, | 而为了保卫我们的自然环境所面临的困境 |
[33:38] | rolling back greenhouse gas emissions | 减少温室气体排放 |
[33:40] | and drawing a line in the sand | 并坚决划清界限 |
[33:41] | as to what we will and will not tolerate | 表明当事情危及到地球上 |
[33:44] | when it comes to risking mankind’s future on this planet. | 所有人类的未来时 我们愿意或不愿容忍的事 |
[33:47] | These are all just about the hardest things | 这些都差不多是人类对自身 |
[33:50] | that humankind has ever asked itself to do. | 所提出的最困难的挑战 |
[33:53] | But… | 然而 |
[33:55] | as I stand here today… | 今天我站在这里 |
[33:58] | I can honestly tell you | 诚实地告诉各位 |
[33:59] | that looking out at the spectrum of voters | 看着在这次选举中 |
[34:01] | who honored me with their vote in this campaign, | 用选票支持我的选民跨度 |
[34:05] | I can tell you from the bottom of my heart | 我诚心诚意告诉各位 |
[34:07] | that today I have never been more hopeful | 我从未像今天这样充满希望 |
[34:10] | about what a group of people who have | 为了共同目标 |
[34:12] | come together with a common cause | 而聚集到一起的我们 |
[34:14] | can find the strength inside itself to do. | 能从集体中挖掘出对抗困难的力量 |
[34:17] | We will meet this challenge and we will overcome it. | 我们将迎难直上 并且一定能克服完胜 |
[34:25] | And let me tell you something, | 我告诉各位 |
[34:26] | if I ever break that promise to you, | 如果我未能信守对各位的承诺 |
[34:27] | there is something that I need you to do for me: | 你们可以为我做一件事 |
[34:29] | vote me out! | 投我出局 |
[34:32] | If I ever become part of the status quo in Albany, | 如果我变成了奥尔巴尼温水青蛙的一员 |
[34:35] | you vote me out. | 投我出局 |
[34:38] | If I ever choose the easy path over the right one, vote me out! | 如果我选择轻松之路 而不是正确之路 投我出局 |
[34:43] | Pay attention. | 时刻关注 |
[34:44] | Stay engaged. | 积极参与 |
[34:46] | Give me no choice | 让我别无选择 |
[34:48] | but to be the man that I want to be, | 只能做我想做的人 |
[34:49] | the man that I have promised you today that I will be. | 那个我今日承诺会成为的人 |
[34:53] | If you can make that promise | 如果你们能答应我这点 |
[34:54] | then I can promise you there is nothing | 那我向你们保证 我们齐心协力 |
[34:56] | we will not accomplish together. | 没有完成不了的成就 |
[34:58] | We will transform this city of New York | 我们将改变纽约城 |
[35:00] | and we will save this world! | 并拯救世界 |
[35:03] | Thank you so much for this honor. | 非常感谢大家赋予我此殊荣 |
[35:04] | I’m so proud to be your senator! | 我很骄傲能成为各位的参议员 |
[35:26] | Thank you. | 谢谢大家 |
[35:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢你 |
[35:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[35:39] | Thank you, thank you. | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[35:46] | Okay, our biggest accomplishments over the last two years, go. | 过去两年的最大成就 说吧 |
[35:47] | 修复未来 绿色屋顶 太阳能 | |
[35:50] | The all-electric city bus fleet. | 全电动公交车队 |
[35:52] | You co-wrote the bill requiring every new high-rise in Manhattan | 你联合签署了法案 要求曼哈顿所有高层 |
[35:55] | to utilize a combined heat-and-power source | 使用一种热电联供系统 |
[35:58] | and incorporate solar panels into the design. | 并将太阳能板加入设计 |
[36:01] | You added 300 EV charging stations across the city, | 你在城市内增加了三百个电动汽车充电桩 |
[36:04] | fast-tracked permit approval for | 快速通过了纽约 |
[36:06] | New York’s offshore wind operation, | 海上风电作业的许可证 |
[36:08] | which is now ahead of schedule and set to deliver 3000 megawatts, | 如今已经提前交付 并能输出三千兆瓦电力 |
[36:11] | which is almost twice what was promised. | 是原先承诺的两倍 |
[36:14] | Also, that’s 250 new jobs. | 还增加了250个工作岗位 |
[36:17] | Are we talking first-term accomplishments? | 我们在说第一任期的成就吗 |
[36:20] | I’d vote for Archie. | 我投亚齐一票 |
[36:21] | Ah, all good points. | 说的都对 |
[36:24] | Okay, okay. Guys, very happy you’re engaged, | 好了好了 我们很高兴你们订婚了 |
[36:26] | but this is still a workplace, | 但这里还是工作场合 |
[36:27] | so if we could just… save a little space. | 所以大家是否可以 注意分寸 |
[36:29] | Thank you very much. | 谢谢 |
[36:32] | Hi. I’m sorry I’m late. | 抱歉我迟到了 |
[36:34] | Hi, sweet boy. | 乖儿子 |
[36:36] | Mommy just took her first board exam. | 妈妈考了第一次医学委员会考试 |
[36:38] | – How’d it go? How’d it go? – Yes. Mwah! | -怎么样 怎么样 -没错 |
[36:40] | I think it went well, but we’ll see. | 我感觉不错 但看成绩吧 |
[36:42] | Archie, Mommy’s almost a doctor, yeah! | 亚齐 妈妈就快成为医生了 太好了 |
[36:45] | Yeah, just like eight more years. | 对 差不多八年后吧 |
[36:46] | Eight more years, yeah. | 只需要八年了 好耶 |
[36:49] | Folks, two years ago on election night, | 各位 两年前的选举夜 |
[36:52] | we were shitting ourselves. | 我们真是一团乱麻 |
[36:53] | Tonight we get to… | 今夜我们有机会 |
[36:56] | …sit back… | 轻松坐着 |
[36:58] | and celebrate. | 好好庆祝 |
[37:00] | Celebrate what? You’re running unopposed. | 庆祝什么 你都没有竞选对手 |
[37:03] | That’s what I mean, that’s what we’re celebrating. | 我就是这个意思 庆祝的就是这点 |
[37:04] | We delivered for the 27th District | 我们信守了对27区的承诺 |
[37:06] | and now our voters are gonna send us back to Albany | 如今那我们的选民要送我们回奥尔巴尼 |
[37:08] | for two more years to fight for them. | 为他们继续奋斗两年 |
[37:11] | Can I just say something? | 我能说点什么吗 |
[37:13] | This is kind of a huge bummer. | 这有点扫兴 |
[37:15] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么 |
[37:16] | I thought you were gonna announce your next campaign. | 我以为你要宣布你的下一次竞选 |
[37:19] | Yeah, this was the next campaign. We won! | 对 这就是下一次竞选 我们赢了 |
[37:21] | – Yeah, we won but there wasn’t a campaign. – I agree. | -对 我们赢了 但并没有竞选 -我同意 |
[37:24] | I mean, the champagne’s great, but I thought | 香槟很不错 但我以为 |
[37:26] | maybe you were gonna announce that you were running for governor. | 也许你要宣布竞选州长 |
[37:29] | Seriously? | 真的吗 |
[37:30] | I guessed Congress. | 我猜的是国会 |
[37:31] | I thought US Senate. | 我以为是美国国会 |
[37:33] | I mean, I thought that’s what the lunch with Chuck Schumer was about. | 我以为你和查克·舒默共进午餐就是为了这事 |
[37:33] | 来自纽约州的美国国会议员 现任参议院少数党领袖 | |
[37:35] | No, no, no. | 不不 |
[37:37] | Okay, I need everyone to really hear this. | 我需要大家好好听着 |
[37:39] | The last two years… | 过去两年 |
[37:41] | have been a revelation. | 是一场启示 |
[37:44] | Not just because I became a husband and a father. | 不仅是因为我成了一个丈夫和一个父亲 |
[37:46] | Yes. | 没错 |
[37:47] | But because I learned that a meaningful life… | 还因为我发现了有意义的人生 |
[37:52] | is not all about ambition. | 不仅只有野心 |
[37:55] | We didn’t worry about the next thing. | 我们没有操心远在未来的事 |
[37:58] | We stayed devoted to the thing in front of us. | 而是专注于解决眼前的困难 |
[38:00] | A cause we believe in and that needs us. | 一个我们信任 且需要我们的目标 |
[38:04] | So… | 所以 |
[38:06] | we have a lot more work to do. | 我们还有很多要做的事 |
[38:09] | And I for one plan on doing it. | 而我打算一一实现 |
[38:12] | That’s what I want to celebrate tonight. | 这就是我想今晚庆祝的事 |
[38:15] | So get up here. | 都过来吧 |
[38:19] | Wanna make a toast? | 谁想敬一杯 |
[38:20] | You wanna make a toast? | 你想敬一杯吗 |
[38:22] | I hear the cutie. | 我听到小可爱说的了 |
[38:23] | Yes. | 想 |
[38:28] | To two more years. Cheers. | 敬下一个两年 干杯 |
[38:31] | Also, | 还有 |
[38:33] | your mom’s about to be elected president. | 你妈妈就要成为当选总统了 |
[38:35] | And to that as well. | 也敬那个 |
[38:37] | – Cheers. – Cheers. | -干杯 -干杯 |
[38:55] | What are you doing here? | 你在这干什么 |
[38:57] | What do you mean? | 什么意思 |
[38:58] | You don’t own Central Park. | 中央公园又不是你的 |
[39:00] | I’m jogging. I do it all the time. | 我在慢跑 我一直慢跑 |
[39:06] | Wait a minute, hold it, hold it. | 等等 停一下 停一下 |
[39:08] | Oh, my God. | 天呐 |
[39:10] | Okay, I lied. | 好吧 我说谎了 |
[39:12] | I don’t jog all the time. In fact, I haven’t jogged in 20 years. | 我不是经常慢跑 其实我二十年没慢跑了 |
[39:15] | Oh, my God, we usually do that elliptical thing, you know? | 天呐 我们通常说的很委婉 懂吗 |
[39:17] | The one that tells you you’ve run 15 miles, what bullshit. | 就告诉你说你已经跑了十五英里 真是胡扯 |
[39:20] | This is way harder. | 这个难多了 |
[39:23] | There’s someone over there who wants to talk. | 那边有个人想和你谈谈 |
[39:29] | I’m going to Sant Ambroeus for a hot chocolate. | 我要去圣安布罗斯咖啡店喝杯热可可 |
[39:38] | You could’ve just called. | 你可以直接打电话 |
[39:44] | Or spoken to you at the inaugural. | 或在就职典礼上跟你谈 |
[39:47] | But I wanted this to be very private. | 但我想跟你私下聊聊 |
[39:51] | Congratulations on the election… | 恭喜你当选了 |
[39:53] | Madam Vice President. | 副总统女士 |
[39:55] | Vice President Elect, thank you. | 当选副总统 谢谢 |
[39:58] | And congratulations to you on all the spectacular work | 也恭喜你在27区达成的 |
[40:03] | you’re doing representing the 27th District. | 所有非凡的成就 |
[40:07] | I– I was right about you. | 我看对了你 |
[40:09] | Ooh, well, I– I was wrong about you at first, | 好吧 我最开始看错了你 |
[40:13] | but then… I was right about you. | 但之后 我看对了你 |
[40:17] | You have accomplished things that I never could’ve, | 你完成了我永远做不到的事 |
[40:21] | things that I wouldn’t have even thought possible, | 那些我连想都不敢想的事 |
[40:26] | quite frankly. | 说实话 |
[40:27] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[40:29] | I have big shoes to fill. | 我的前任很优秀 |
[40:32] | I’ll cut to the chase. | 我就有话直说了 |
[40:34] | As you know, | 你也知道 |
[40:36] | your mother made a campaign pledge | 你母亲在竞选中承诺 |
[40:39] | to only serve one term, | 只做一任总统 |
[40:40] | which paves the way for me to run in four years. | 这就为我在四年后竞选铺了路 |
[40:43] | – You think she’s gonna stick to that? – I know she is. | -你觉得她会信守承诺吗 -我知道她会 |
[40:45] | She is technically not even the president yet | 严格意义上来说她现在还不是总统 |
[40:48] | and she’s already bored. | 但她已经无聊了 |
[40:51] | But the point is I am going to run, | 但问题是 如果我要竞选 |
[40:54] | and just like your mother, I am not interested in some hokey, | 跟你母亲一样 我没兴趣要个矫揉造作 |
[40:58] | fake veepstakes. | 虚情假意的副总统竞选 |
[40:58] | Veepstakes描述美国总统候选人每四年选择一个竞选搭档的过程 如果竞选搭档获胜 此人将成为美国副总统 并成为总统的第一顺位继承人 | |
[41:01] | I want to know who I’m running with. | 我想了解自己的搭档 |
[41:05] | And I would like that to be you. | 而且我想选你 |
[41:11] | Are you…? | 你是说… |
[41:13] | You– You can’t be serious. | 你不会是认真的吧 |
[41:15] | I am totally serious. | 我非常认真 |
[41:19] | Well, don’t I have to be 35? I’m not old enough yet. | 我不是需要35岁吗 我还没到年龄 |
[41:21] | Well, we’re gonna change that. | 我们打算改变这点 |
[41:24] | That’s, uh, one of the things… | 这是其中一项 |
[41:27] | …that your mother is pushing | 你母亲在首个百天计划中 |
[41:28] | in her first one hundred days, is, uh… | 力图通过的法案 |
[41:32] | to “let’s fix the dumb shit in the Constitution” campaign. | “让我们修改宪法中的狗屁”运动 |
[41:36] | And she’s got all these pop stars | 她请了一堆流行明星 |
[41:37] | and they’re gonna record a “We Are the World” type of song | 他们会录制一首类似《天下一家》的歌 |
[41:40] | and, um, it’s catchy. | 很琅琅上口 |
[41:45] | I know… | 我知道 |
[41:48] | it’s a way off, Payton. | 这跳跃很大 佩顿 |
[41:52] | But I’m asking. | 但我想问问 |
[41:56] | Will you do it? | 你愿意吗 |
[41:59] | Will you be my vice president? | 你愿意做我的副总统吗 |