英文名称:The Power of the Dog
年代:2021
推荐:千部英美剧台词本阅读
时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[01:30] | When my father passed, | 父亲去世后 |
[01:34] | I wanted nothing more than my mother’s happiness. | 我唯一的愿望就是母亲能幸福 |
[01:41] | For what kind of man would I be if I did not help my mother? | 如果不去帮助我的母亲 如果我不救她 |
[01:47] | If I did not save her? | 我还算什么男人 |
[02:39] | You’re not eating? No. | -你不吃饭吗 -不了 |
[02:57] | Have you figured it out yet, fatso? | 算清楚了吗 胖子 |
[03:01] | -What? | 什么 |
[03:04] | How many years since we took over the ranch | 我们从老头子 老太太那里接手牧场 |
[03:06] | from the Old Gent and Old Lady? | 已经多少年了 |
[03:10] | Why? | 问这个干什么 |
[03:12] | Oh hell, think about it. | 想一想啊 |
[03:19] | You ever try the house bath, Phil? | 你试过在房间里泡澡吗 菲尔 |
[03:24] | No, I have not. | 没有 |
[03:29] | Early up tomorrow, brother. Big old drive. | 明天要早起 弟弟 老路线 |
[04:06] | There’s a dead cow. Keep our cattle away. | 有一头死奶牛 让我们的牛群绕开 |
[04:09] | -What happened? -Anthrax. Don’t touch. | -怎么回事 -炭疽 别碰 |
[04:16] | Well, guess this is it. | 我看这事就这样了 |
[04:21] | What’s “it,” Phil? | 什么事 菲尔 |
[04:24] | What’s “it”? All right, fatso, I’ll tell you what “it” is. | 什么事 好吧 胖子 我给你讲讲是什么事 |
[04:29] | Twenty-five years since our first run together. | 自我们第一次一起赶牛以来 已经过去25年了 |
[04:33] | Nineteen hundred and nothing. | 1900年 |
[04:36] | That’s a long time. | 这么久了 |
[04:38] | Well, not too damn long. | 不算太久 |
[04:49] | Know what we should do? | 知道我们该做什么吗 |
[04:51] | What’s that? | 该做什么 |
[04:52] | Go camping again in the mountains and shoot ourselves some fresh elk liver. | 再去山里露营 猎点新鲜的麋鹿肝来吃 |
[04:56] | Cook it right there on the coals like Bronco Henry taught us. | 当场用煤块烧来吃 就像布朗克亨利教我们的那样 |
[05:05] | You got a sore gut? | 你肚子疼吗 |
[05:07] | No. | 没有 |
[05:09] | You act like it pains you to hitch two words together. | 你的样子就像说两个字都会疼一样 |
[06:07] | There’ll be 12 for tonight. | 今晚会来12个人 |
[06:10] | Do you what they’d prefer to eat? | 你知道他们喜欢吃什么吗 |
[06:12] | They like the fried chicken dinner. | 他们喜欢炸鸡晚餐 |
[06:24] | Yes? | 什么事 |
[06:25] | I’m going to need your room. | 我要用你的房间 |
[06:26] | All right. | 好 |
[06:34] | What are you doing? | 你在干什么 |
[06:35] | Nothing. | 没什么 |
[06:40] | Is that an album? | 这是相册吗 |
[06:43] | Not really. | 不算是 |
[06:44] | -May I? -Sure. | -我能看看吗 -当然 |
本电影台词包含不重复单词:882个。 其中的生词包含:四级词汇:113个,六级词汇:33个,GRE词汇:51个,托福词汇:65个,考研词汇:123个,专四词汇:83个,专八词汇:16个, 所有生词标注共:223个。 定制生词标注的台词本和单词统计,请访问生词标注台词本 | ||
[06:50] | -Do you like the mansion? -Too much to clean. | -你喜欢这栋房子吗 -打扫起来太费事了 |
[06:53] | You wouldn’t have to clean it. There would be cleaners. | 你不需要打扫它 会有清洁工负责的 |
[07:00] | Oh, she’s beautiful. | 她真美 |
[07:03] | I like her flowers. | 我喜欢她的捧花 |
[07:07] | Oh! That’s clever, Peter. | 真精致 彼得 |
[07:11] | They’re so lovely. | 好漂亮啊 |
[07:13] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[07:16] | For the tables? | 用来装饰餐桌的吗 |
[07:18] | Sure. | 当然 |
[07:22] | -I need three chickens. Can you do them? -All right. | -我需要三只炸鸡 你能做吗 -好的 |
[07:27] | You’re gonna have to move your stuff to the shed. | 你得把你的东西搬到棚屋去 |
[07:30] | I’ll make a bed for you on the floor. | 我会给你铺好地铺 |
[08:55] | Jake. | 杰克 |
[09:08] | -He there? -Nope. | -他到了吗 -不在 |
[09:13] | Well, we can’t wait forever. The cattle are in the yards, so drink up. | 我们不能一直等着 牛在院子里 赶紧喝完吧 |
[09:18] | -You gonna say something? -Nope. | -你不说点什么吗 -不说了 |
[09:21] | Not without my brother. | 我弟弟不在不想说 |
[09:32] | Where were you? | 你去哪了 |
[09:33] | I couldn’t make the boys hold back forever. | 我不能让大家一直这么干等着 |
[09:35] | That’s fine. | 没事 |
[09:39] | Checked the power, and it’s held up. Not coming till morning. | 我去查看了电力 推迟了 要到早上才来电 |
[09:44] | Oh, no, thanks. Phil, they’re ready for us next door at the Red Mill. | 不用了 菲尔 红磨坊那边为我们准备好晚餐了 |
[09:48] | Dinnertime, boys. | 该去吃晚饭了 小子们 |
[09:51] | Let’s get a move on. | 赶紧的吧 |
[09:56] | Twenty-five years ago, where were you, Georgie Boy? | 25年前你在哪儿 小乔治 |
[10:02] | -With you. -I’ll tell you. | -和你在一起 -我来告诉你 |
[10:04] | A chubby know-nothing too dumb to get through college. | 一个一无所知的傻胖子 根本进不了大学 |
[10:08] | People helped you, fatso. | 别人帮了你 胖子 |
[10:10] | One person in particular taught you and me ranching so we damn well succeeded. | 特别是有个人教我们俩经营牧场 我们才能有今天的成功 |
[10:21] | -Bronco Henry. | 布朗克亨利 |
[10:26] | So… | 那么… |
[10:29] | So, to us brothers, Romulus and Remus, and the wolf who raised us. | 就敬我们兄弟俩 罗慕路斯和雷穆斯 还有养育我们的狼父 |
[10:34] | -Bronco Henry. -Bronco. | -布朗克亨利 -敬布朗克 |
[10:35] | -Il Lupo. -Bronco. -Bronco Henry. -Bronco Henry. | -敬狼 -敬布朗克亨利 |
[10:44] | -Boss is leavin’. -Dinner, boys. | -老大要走了 -吃晚饭了 小子们 |
[10:55] | Much obliged. | 多谢 |
[11:02] | Rose? Rose, play piano for us please. I can’t! | -罗斯 小罗斯 弹钢琴给我们听吧 -我不行 |
[11:07] | -Play! Play! Play! -Come on! | -弹嘛 -来吧 |
[11:15] | -Is everything all right? -Yes, ma’am. Fine. | -都还好吗 -是的 女士 很好 |
[11:34] | Well, well…ain’t them purdy. | 瞧瞧 多漂亮 |
[11:50] | “I’ve never seen a woman behind the wheel of a car.” | “我从没见过女人开车” |
[12:03] | I said, “Have you never seen a lady drive a car before?” | 我说:“你以前没见过女士开车 ” |
[12:07] | He thought the dog was driving. | 他以为开车的是狗 |
[12:09] | No. No. | 不是吧 |
[12:10] | -No! | 不 |
[12:12] | Oh, yeah. | 哦 好吧… |
[12:14] | Well… | 嗯… |
[12:16] | I wonder what little lady made these. | 我在想这花是哪位小淑女做的 |
[12:23] | Actually, I did, sir. | 其实是我做的 先生 |
[12:28] | My mother was a florist. | 我母亲以前是开花店的 |
[12:30] | So I made them to look like the ones in our garden. | 所以我照着我们花园里花的样子做的 |
[12:33] | Oh, well, do pardon me. | 恕我冒昧 |
[12:37] | They’re just as real as possible. | 看起来真是非常逼真 |
[12:49] | All right. Now, gentlemen, look. See, that’s what you do with the cloth. | 好了 绅士们 看着 餐巾是这样用的 |
[13:00] | -It’s really just for wine drips. -Ooh, you got that, boys? | -这只是擦酒水用的 -懂了吗 小子们 |
[13:03] | Only for the drips. | 只擦酒水 |
[13:11] | Now get us some food. | 给我们拿点吃的来 |
[13:37] | -Did Bronco ever eat here? -No, he did not. | -布朗克来这儿吃过饭吗 -没有 |
[13:41] | So where did you eat? | 那你们以前在哪儿吃饭 |
[13:43] | Uh, back then we had herring at the saloon and a whole lot of alcohol. | 那时候我们在酒吧吃鲱鱼 喝很多酒 |
[13:50] | I remember this one time, Bronco made this wager that he could jump any horse | 我记得有一次 布朗克打赌说 他骑任何马 |
[13:54] | over the tables and chairs of the saloon piled up in the street. | 都能跳过酒吧的桌椅 在街上堆起的小山 |
[13:59] | Well, we chose him a nag all right. | 我们给他选了一匹老马 |
[14:04] | It didn’t bother him. | 他并不在乎 |
[14:07] | He took off his saddle, | 他取下他的马鞍 |
[14:09] | walked the horse up to the tables and chairs, | 牵着那匹马走向那堆桌椅 |
[14:12] | talking to him all the while, | 一路上跟它说话 |
[14:14] | stroking his big, ugly head while the horse sniffed. | 在马喷鼻息的时候 轻抚它丑陋的大脑袋 |
[14:20] | And then he swung on | 然后他翻身… |
[14:23] | and rode him back and… | 骑上马背… |
[14:29] | What? | 怎样 |
[14:34] | Flew over. | 飞跃而过 |
[14:35] | -He jumped it? | 他跳过去了 |
[14:43] | But to get a nag to jump… ain’t heard of. | 能让老马跳起来…闻所未闻 |
[14:48] | Put it down to amour. | 都要归功于爱 |
[14:53] | What do you say, George? | 你觉得呢 乔治 |
[14:57] | Amour? | 爱 |
[15:01] | What… I don’t know what you’re talking about. | 我不…什么…我不懂你在说什么 |
[15:17] | Do you mind quietening? We’re eating. | 你们能小点声吗 我们在吃饭 |
[15:22] | Shut that down, or I will! | 别吵了 不然我就不客气了 |
[15:58] | Are you all right, Peter? | 你没事吧 彼得 |
[16:05] | Where are you going? | 你去哪儿 |
[16:39] | Go on over. I’ll settle up. | 你走吧 我来结账 |
[16:42] | Settle in the morning. | 早上再结 |
[16:45] | I’ll be along. | 我马上来 |
[17:52] | Shall I settle up now, Mrs. Gordon, or… | 戈登太太 我是现在结账还是… |
[18:41] | Please, you can… | 你可以… |
[18:45] | send the bill, and I’ll post a check. | 寄账单来 我会寄回支票 |
[19:24] | Come over here. I love you. | 过来 我爱你 |
[20:06] | George? | 乔治 |
[21:08] | George? | 乔治 |
[21:33] | Brother. | 老弟 |
[21:38] | Where have you been? | 你去哪儿了 |
[21:43] | What you said about her boy tonight, Phil… | 你今晚对她儿子说的话 菲尔… |
[21:49] | made her cry. | 你把她惹哭了 |
[21:55] | She had her ear to the door? | 她在门后偷听了 |
[22:00] | She was crying, Phil. | 她哭了 菲尔 |
[22:03] | What the hell? | 搞什么 |
[22:05] | I said her boy needed to snap out of it and get human. | 我说她儿子不能总那副样子 得像个男人样 |
[22:13] | Pointed it out, that’s all. | 我只是把这事说出来而已 |
[22:17] | She should damn well know. | 她应该知道的 |
[22:52] | Hold it. | 保持住 |
[22:58] | He’s got it! | 他做到了 |
[23:00] | He was better before. | 他以前更厉害 |
[23:02] | He’s getting there. | 他可以的 |
[23:06] | Is that how Bronco Henry learned it? | 布朗克亨利就是这么学会的吗 |
[23:09] | I never saw him out on a lunge, that’s a fact. | 我没见过他套马 说实话 |
[23:26] | What is it you see up there, Phil? | 你在那上面看到了什么 菲尔 |
[23:29] | Are animals up there? | 上面有动物吗 |
[23:31] | Has anyone else seen what you’ve seen, Phil? | 有其他人看出来 你看到的东西吗 菲尔 |
[23:36] | George? | 乔治看出来过吗 |
[23:41] | Nah, not him. | 不 他不行 |
[23:46] | Come on, Phil. What is it? | 拜托 菲尔 是什么啊 |
[23:50] | There is something there, right? | 那上面有东西 对吧 |
[23:52] | Not if you can’t see it, there ain’t. | 要是你看不出来 就没有 |
[23:58] | Gotta be an animal. | 肯定是一只动物 |
[24:50] | Hello, Mr. Burbank. | 你好 伯班克先生 |
[24:53] | Hello, Mrs. Gordon. | 你好 戈登太太 |
[24:55] | How can I help you? | 有什么事吗 |
[24:59] | I really just came to see you. | 我只是来看看你 |
[25:07] | I’m quite busy. | 我挺忙的 |
[25:25] | “This most wholesome sauce is excellent | “这瓶最完美的酱汁 |
[25:30] | with meats, fish, and cheese.” | 是鱼 肉和奶酪的绝配” |
[25:37] | They have wine with them. | 他们带了葡萄酒 |
[25:39] | I wish they wouldn’t do that. | 真希望他们不要带 |
[25:41] | I don’t like drinking. | 我不喜欢客人喝酒 |
[25:43] | I’d say they have more in them than wine. Sounds like booze. | 听起来可不只是葡萄酒 像是喝了烈酒 |
[25:47] | They’re early. I should have never put the pianola in there. | 他们来早了 我就不该在那儿放自动钢琴 |
[26:02] | -Here’s the water. | 水来了 |
[26:09] | I see… I see the Herndon doctor and the undertaker, Mr. Weltz. | 我…我看到了亨顿的医生 和葬仪师维尔兹先生 |
[26:15] | Oh, goodness. I wish Peter were here. | 天啊…要是彼得在就好了 |
[26:18] | He should be serving the salad, and I need to fry the chicken. | 他可以去送沙拉 我好去炸鸡 |
[26:22] | Sometimes if you get food on the table… | 有时候如果去上菜… |
[26:27] | Um, Mr. Burbank, | 伯班克先生… |
[26:29] | I’m gonna run and get Peter. | 我要去找彼得 |
[26:41] | Afternoon! | 下午好 |
[26:47] | -Uh, looks like I’m the new waiter. | 看来我是新来的服务员 |
[26:51] | Doctor. | 医生 |
[26:53] | Mr. Burbank. | 伯班克先生 |
[26:56] | Mr. Weltz. | 维尔兹先生 |
[27:46] | Run into any snow down below? | 南边下雪了 |
[27:50] | None to speak of. | 没有 |
[27:56] | Well, I guess I’ll roll me a smoke since I’m woke up. | 既然醒了 我就卷支烟抽 |
[28:06] | How far did you get? | 你去了多远的地方 |
[28:09] | Beech. That’s where I aimed for. | 比奇 我是准备去那儿的 |
[28:14] | Beech? | 比奇 |
[28:16] | Whatcha doin’ down there, Georgie Boy? | 你去那儿干什么 小乔治 |
[28:20] | Little tomcatting? | 去找女人吗 |
[28:26] | I was speaking to Mrs. Gordon. | 我去找戈登太太聊了一下 |
[28:33] | Oh, yes. | 原来如此 |
[28:36] | She cried on your shoulder. | 她靠着你的肩膀哭泣 |
[28:40] | So she did. | 是的 |
[28:43] | Give her half a chance, and she’ll be after some dollar for Miss Nancy’s college fee. | 只要稍给她一点机会 她就会 为了南希小姐的大学学费扑上来 |
[28:56] | Remember how the Old Lady brought those girls out to the ranch | 记得以前我们刚会勃起 |
[28:59] | as soon as we could get hard-ons? | 老太太就带女孩儿们来牧场吗 |
[29:02] | Oh my God. | 哦 我的天 |
[29:06] | Remember the tomato soup queen? | 记得番茄汤女王吗 |
[29:13] | Wasn’t it her that wrote you, | 是不是她写信跟你说 |
[29:17] | “I always will remember the western moon”? | “我会永远记得西边的月亮” |
[29:24] | Well, guess you coulda taken her out | 你要带她出去 |
[29:27] | without first putting a sack over her head. | 应该不用拿麻袋把她的头罩上 |
[29:31] | Unlike some others. | 不像其他某些女孩 |
[29:46] | Well, night, Phil. | 晚安 菲尔 |
[29:58] | It’s a piece of ass you’re after, fatso, | 如果你是想上她 胖子 |
[30:00] | I’m damn sure you can get it without a license. | 我很确定不用结婚就可以办到 |
[30:13] | Hold it. | 等一下 |
[30:34] | What do you do with these? | 这些你要怎么处理 |
[30:40] | Goddamn. | 可恶 |
[30:42] | Do you cut ’em up or something? | 你要切开还是怎样 |
[30:57] | George has… | 乔治… |
[31:00] | He’s gone again? | 他又走了 |
[31:02] | …got himself… tangled | …纠缠上了 |
[31:06] | with a suicide… widow… | 一个轻生的寡妇 |
[31:18] | …and her half-cooked son. | 和她脑子不好的儿子 |
[31:36] | A little desk for your big desk. | 给你的大桌子上放个小桌子 |
[31:46] | Phil. | 菲尔 |
[31:47] | Yep, got you, old-timer. | 在 老家伙 |
[31:51] | -Did you write to the Old Lady? | 你给老太太写信了 |
[31:56] | Yeah, I dropped ’em both a line. | 我给他们俩都写了信 |
[32:00] | Did you say something about Rose? | 你提罗斯的事了 |
[32:04] | Yeah, Rose… | 罗斯啊… |
[32:05] | Well, you know as well as I do what the Old Lady would feel | 你和我一样清楚 如果老太太认为你和她搞在一起 |
[32:09] | if she thought you were getting mixed up with her. | 她会怎么想 |
[32:17] | She’d likely have a hemorrhage. | 她可能会脑出血 |
[32:20] | The Old Lady would feel as one Mrs. Burbank would feel | 老太太会把她看作和自己一样的一位 |
[32:27] | for another Mrs. Burbank. | 嫁入伯班克家族的女人 |
[32:30] | Come again? | 再说一遍 |
[32:34] | We were married Sunday. | 我们上周日结婚了 |
[32:37] | She got rid of her property in Beech. | 她卖掉了比奇的房产 |
[33:04] | Quit it. | 别闹了 |
[33:06] | Stand steady, you little bitch, huh? | 站住 小贱人 |
[33:11] | -Come on. | 你还耍脾气 |
[33:14] | Look at me, you little bitch! Huh? Yeah? | 是吗 |
[33:16] | Quit it! You fat-faced bitch! | 少胡来 扁脸贱人 |
[33:21] | Whore! | 婊子 |
[33:29] | My school boarders eat dinner at 6:00 p.m. sharp. | 我的寄宿生们晚上6点准时吃饭 |
[33:33] | No dish-washing duty if he has homework. | 如果有作业就不用洗碗 |
[33:37] | Oh. No shoes inside. | 房间里不可以穿鞋 |
[33:44] | Maybe you’d like to come to the ranch sometimes? | 你想偶尔来牧场看看吗 |
[33:46] | Won’t that be nice? | 那样不错吧 |
[33:48] | May I keep some of these rose petals? | 我可以留下一些玫瑰花瓣吗 |
[34:03] | Hey, ho. | 嘿 |
[34:05] | Take the rest for later. | 剩下的拿去留着用 |
[34:24] | I’ve been thinking we should have some sort of dinner party | 我在想 我们应该搞个晚宴什么的 |
[34:28] | to introduce you to my parents. | 介绍你认识我父母 |
[34:32] | And perhaps we could invite the governor and his wife too. | 也许我们还可以邀请州长和他太太 |
[34:38] | I saw them in Herndon today, and, uh, | 我今天在亨顿见到了他们… |
[34:42] | I… I kind of already mentioned it to them. | 我算是已经跟他们说过了 |
[34:47] | Uh, maybe you’d be kind enough to play something on our old piano. | 也许你可以 在我们的老钢琴上演奏一曲 |
[34:54] | But, George, I’m not very good. | 可是乔治 我弹得不好 |
[34:56] | -I only played for the moving pictures. | 我只给默片弹过伴奏 |
[35:00] | You are plenty fine enough for us. | 对我们来说你已经够好了 |
[35:06] | The Old Lady can’t play a note, so… | 老太太一个音也不会弹 |
[35:09] | If that’s what you want. | 你想让我弹的话我就弹吧 |
[35:15] | This looks like a good spot. | 这地方看起来不错 |
[35:17] | Pull over here, please. | 请在这里停车吧 |
[35:19] | A good spot for what? | 做什么不错 |
[35:44] | You are marvelous, Rose. | 你太美了 罗斯 |
[35:57] | Stand beside me, George. | 站在我身边 乔治 |
[36:03] | What’s happening? | 什么事 |
[36:05] | Follow me. | 跟我做 |
[36:07] | Left foot forward. | 左脚向前 |
[36:09] | One, two, three. And to the side. | 一 二 三 侧面 |
[36:13] | One, two, three. And back. | 一 二 三 后退 |
[36:16] | One, two, three. | 一 二 三 |
[36:21] | -To the side again. One, two… -Sorry, I… I really can’t. | -再向侧面 一 二… -抱歉 我真的不会 |
[36:26] | -I really can’t dance. I… -You’re dancing. | -我真的不会跳舞 我… -你在跳啊 |
[36:31] | Here. This foot forward. | 来 这只脚向前 |
[36:35] | Don’t think. | 不要去思考 |
[36:38] | One, two, three. To the side. | 一 二 三 侧面 |
[36:40] | One, two, three. And back. | 一 二 三 后退 |
[36:43] | One, two, three. | 一 二 三 |
[36:45] | I told you I’d teach you. | 我说过我会教你的 |
[36:55] | Forward, two, three. | 向前 二 三 |
[36:58] | Side, two… | 侧面 二… |
[37:15] | What is it, George? | 怎么了 乔治 |
[37:24] | I just… | 我只是… |
[37:28] | I wanted to say how nice it is | 我想说 不再孤身一人… |
[37:31] | not to be alone. | 真好 |
[38:20] | Go on up and get out of the cold. | 上去吧 别冻着 |
[38:42] | Hello, Phil. | 你好 菲尔 |
[38:44] | You remember Rose? | 记得罗斯吗 |
[38:47] | -Oh, hello there. -Hello. | -你好 -你好 |
[38:50] | -Something wrong with the furnace? -Search me. | -火炉怎么了 -我怎么知道 |
[38:56] | -I’ll go down and shake it up. | 我下去把它弄好 |
[38:58] | -I’ve been hanging around for you all day. | 我一整天都在等你 |
[38:59] | There’s a deed the Old Gent wants sent to him. | 老头子要我们拿一份契约给他 |
[39:04] | Well, I figure that can go till morning. | 好吧 我想明早给他也不迟 |
[39:07] | -You all right? -I’m perfectly fine, George. | -你没事吧 -我没事 乔治 |
[39:27] | Well, brother Phil, | 菲尔哥 |
[39:31] | we had such a nice trip– | 我们一路上很愉快… |
[39:32] | I’m not your brother. | 我不是你哥 |
[39:34] | You’re a cheap schemer. | 你是个廉价的阴谋家 |
[39:55] | “We had such a nice trip.” | “我们一路上很愉快” |
[40:30] | Come on in. | 进来吧 |
[40:36] | This is the bathroom. Just make yourself at home. | 这里是卫生间 别客气 |
[40:46] | Yeah, that’s fine. | 嗯 没关系 |
[40:48] | All right. | 好 |
[44:20] | Now, you just make yourself comfortable. | 你只管随意待着就好 |
[44:25] | Now, I’m going to bring you a surprise. | 我去给你准备个惊喜 |
[44:29] | What is it? | 什么惊喜 |
[44:31] | Well, then it won’t be a surprise. | 说出来就不是惊喜了 |
[44:52] | When the rains come, the cellar gets flooded. | 下雨时 地窖里全是水 |
[44:56] | So, the rats all drown. They float to the surface. | 老鼠都淹死了 浮在水面上 |
[45:01] | I have to get the young lads in to scoop ’em all up with a… | 我不得不让小伙子们把它们捞上来… |
[45:16] | Please keep talking. | 请继续讲 |
[45:18] | Don’t mind me. | 不用管我 |
[45:20] | I like to keep busy. | 我喜欢干活 |
[45:36] | Easy. | 慢点 |
[45:40] | We got it. | 往右走 |
[45:46] | Head to the right. | 往那边转 |
[45:47] | -Turn it around that way. -Please, I’ll take it. | 我来拿 |
[45:50] | -What is it? -Head to the front door. | 那是什么 |
[45:53] | George. Is that… | 乔治 那是… |
[45:56] | Is that a grand? | 是大钢琴吗 |
[45:58] | -You got it? -Yeah, I got it. | -你行吗 -我行 |
[46:01] | -Whoa, hold it. -It’s a Mason & Hamlin baby grand. | 是梅森翰林小型钢琴 |
[46:04] | Oh no, it’s… it’s too good for me. I’m… | 不 对我来说太高级了 我… |
[46:07] | I’m just very average. I… I only know tunes. | 我水平特别普通 只会弹几首曲子 |
[46:11] | That’s what I want, tunes. | 这就是我想要的 几首曲子 |
[46:14] | The governor too. | 州长也是这么想的 |
[46:16] | We don’t want a concert. We just wanna hear you play, Rose. | 我们不是要听音乐会 只是想听你弹琴而已 罗斯 |
[46:20] | -I should like to look on the governor… -Easy. | 我去迎候州长 |
[46:23] | …as he drives up and gets out of his vehicle. | 等他开车过来下车的时候迎接他 |
[46:28] | -One step at a time, ready? -Two, three, four. | -一次一步 准备好了吗 -二 三 四 |
[49:57] | -You make a rope with these? -These strips? Yeah. | -你用这些做绳子 -这些皮革条 是的 |
[50:17] | You boys find something needs doing. | 小子们 自己找点事去做 |
[50:19] | Yes, sir. | 是 先生 |
[50:33] | I just came over to speak about something. | 我来是想谈谈 |
[50:46] | Come on, partner. Open your talker. What is it? | 来 伙计 说吧 什么事 |
[50:53] | His Nibs will be here for dinner and the Old Gent and the Old Lady. | 那位大人要来吃晚饭 老头子和老太太也来 |
[51:01] | Well, sir, ain’t we going into society. | 先生 我们这是步入社交圈了啊 |
[51:08] | She on the pinano again? | 她又弹钢琴了 |
[51:12] | Setting your teeth on edge? | 让人很烦躁吧 |
[51:16] | No. Uh… | 不 |
[51:19] | No, I… I like to hear Rose play. | 不会 我喜欢听罗斯弹琴 |
[51:29] | Well, old-timer, what is it? What’s in the noodle? | 好了 老家伙 怎么样 你到底想说什么 |
[51:35] | Well… | 这个… |
[51:37] | Phil. I, uh… | 菲尔 我… |
[51:43] | -I just… -Go on, spit it out. | -我只是… -来吧 说出来 |
[51:46] | -Well, it’s about His Nibs, the governor. -All right. | -事关那位大人 州长 -好的 |
[51:50] | And, uh… | 而且… |
[51:53] | Well, it’s not so much about His Nibs | 其实重点不是那位大人 |
[51:56] | but His Nibs’ wife, actually, uh… | 而是那位大人的妻子 其实… |
[52:03] | I was thinking His Nibs probably wouldn’t mind so much, | 我想那位大人可能不太会介意 |
[52:09] | but his missus might. | 但他太太可能会 |
[52:12] | What, for dear Christ’s sake? | 到底是什么事 |
[52:15] | Well, it’s sort of a hard thing… | 这事有点… |
[52:20] | …to say. | 难以启齿 |
[52:26] | She might mind if you come to the table without a washup. | 她可能会介意你不洗漱就上桌吃饭 |
[52:35] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[52:57] | Hello, Mother, Father. | 你们好 妈妈 爸爸 |
[53:04] | The car’s around the side. | 车在旁边 |
[53:06] | Is there anyone with you? | 有人跟你一起来吗 |
[53:08] | My wife. | 我妻子 |
[53:17] | The napkin is fanned, so… | 餐巾叠好了 接下来… |
[53:26] | Light the fire. | 把火点上 |
[53:27] | -Yes, ma’am. -Yes, ma’am. | -是 女士 -是 女士 |
[53:29] | We may as well try and warm this place. | 我们要让屋里暖和起来 |
[53:32] | Water, white wine… | 水 白葡萄酒 |
[53:37] | Use your hand. Use your hand like so. | 用手这样做 |
[53:41] | They’re here. | 他们到了 |
[53:53] | You keep warm. I can bring them in. | 你留在屋里 外面冷 我带他们进来 |
[54:21] | Oh, how sweet. They have their own umbrella. | 多可爱 每杯都有小伞 |
[54:24] | -Orange blossoms. -It’s an island of civilization here. | -橙花鸡尾酒 -这里是文明的岛屿 |
[54:29] | I was, uh, telling Georgie about your brother. | 我正跟小乔治聊你哥哥 |
[54:32] | Phi Beta Kappa at Yale, wasn’t it? | 耶鲁的荣誉优等生 对吧 |
[54:35] | Yes, in classics. | 是的 古典文学专业 |
[54:38] | That’s right. | 没错 |
[54:40] | So, uh… he swears at the cattle in Greek or Latin? | 那…他咒骂牛的时候 用希腊语还是拉丁语 |
[54:51] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[54:54] | Uh, Rose plays the piano very well. | 罗斯钢琴弹得很好 |
[54:59] | Do you? | 是吗 |
[55:01] | That’s a nice surprise. | 真是惊喜 |
[55:12] | I’ll just go have a look-see out the back for Phil. | 我去看看菲尔 |
[55:16] | Oh, good. I want to meet this brother. | 好的 我想见见你哥 |
[55:19] | Yes. | 好 |
[55:22] | I suppose there was some sort of an injury. | -好像是受了伤 -爱德华 乔吉娜 |
[55:27] | Oh, Edward, Georgina. | 来了两位不能糊弄的人 |
[55:29] | Ah! Here are two people we can’t fool. | 那可不是 我们什么都知道 |
[55:31] | Oh no, you cannot. We know everything. We’re walking encyclopedias. | 我们就是行走的百科全书 至少我是 |
[55:33] | At least I am. I have nothing to do but read. | 我除了读书什么都不干 |
[55:34] | She’s been reading “The Curse of Tutankhamun” in The Digest. | 她在读《读者文摘》上的 《图坦卡门的诅咒》 |
[55:37] | So, uh, you believe in the curse? | 你相信诅咒 |
[55:40] | Oh, no, no, I’m not drinking George’s concoction. | 哦 不 我不喝乔治调的酒 |
[55:43] | Yes, I do. But did you know that Tutankhamun was just a boy? | 是的 不过你知道 图坦卡门只是个小男孩吗 |
[55:47] | Only 18. | 只有18岁 |
[56:00] | Phil, are you here? | 菲尔 你在吗 |
[56:11] | I was looking for you. | 我在找你 |
[56:15] | Well, you found me. | 那你找到我了 |
[56:19] | Everyone’s here. And we’re just about to eat. | 大家都到了 我们要开饭了 |
[56:23] | They’re asking after you. | 他们在问你 |
[56:27] | Really? | 是吗 |
[56:28] | Yes, we’re counting on your conversation. | 是的 我们还指望你去聊天呢 |
[56:37] | I shouldn’t have said what I said to you about– | 我不该对你说… |
[56:40] | You two can keep your apologies to yourself. I’m not coming. | 你俩不必道歉了 我是不会去的 |
[56:46] | And what will I say? | 那我要怎么说 |
[56:49] | The Old Lady wants to see you too. She’s come a long way. | 老太太也想见你 她大老远过来的 |
[56:52] | You can tell them the truth. | 你可以跟他们说实话 |
[56:54] | That I stink and I like it. | 我很臭 而且我喜欢臭 |
[57:00] | Nothing could have happened to Phil, could it? | 菲尔不会出什么事吧 |
[57:03] | No, he’ll be fine. Something just must’ve come up. | 不会的 他没事 一定是有其他事情 |
[57:09] | So, Rose… | 那么 罗斯… |
[57:13] | are you going to play for us? | 要为我们弹奏一曲吗 |
[57:14] | Yes, George told me you play very well. | 是啊 乔治跟我说你弹得很好 |
[57:17] | -Oh no, I’m terribly out of practice. -Yes, we’d love that. | -不 我很久没练习了 -是啊 我们想听 |
[57:20] | Come now, you’ve been playing a lot. You know you have. | 来吧 你以前弹过不少吧 肯定的 |
[57:25] | I don’t know what to play. | 我不知道该弹什么 |
[57:28] | Why, | 为什么 |
[57:29] | play the one I like. | 弹我喜欢的那首 |
[57:32] | -What one? -Why, the… the one about the Gypsy. | -哪一首 -吉普赛那首 |
[57:36] | I… I can’t seem to remember that one. | 那首我不记得了 |
[57:42] | Just play anything. | 随便弹点什么吧 |
[58:36] | I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[58:39] | I can’t seem to play. | 我好像弹不了了 |
[58:42] | I… I played in a cinema pit for hours and hours. | 我在电影院的乐池弹得太久了 |
[58:46] | I’m… I’m so sorry. | 我…我很抱歉 |
[58:50] | Well, she got you halter trained, right, George? That’s the main thing. | 她驯服了你 是不是 乔治 这才是最重要的 |
[58:54] | -I’m so sorry. | 我很抱歉 |
[58:55] | No, it was a lovely, lovely evening. Thank you. | 不必道歉 今晚很愉快 谢谢你 |
[59:09] | Oh, you’re Phil. | 你是菲尔 |
[59:12] | So, you weren’t eaten by a cougar. | 你没被美洲狮吃掉啊 |
[59:15] | Not yet. | 还没有 |
[59:16] | I am sorry to have missed your conversation. | 很遗憾错过了和你聊天的机会 |
[59:18] | I’ve heard you’re brilliant. | 我听说你很聪明 |
[59:20] | You’re gonna want to keep your distance. I’m just off the horse. | 你最好保持距离 我刚下马 |
[59:24] | Anyhows, you don’t want conversation. | 反正你们也不想聊天 |
[59:26] | You’ve been listening to the pinano and dancing, I guess. | 我猜你们一直在听钢琴曲和跳舞 |
[59:32] | You dance? | 你们跳舞了吗 |
[59:39] | You didn’t play? | 你没弹 |
[59:42] | You sure did practice a terrible lot. | 你可是没少练 |
[59:46] | See, you wouldn’t think there was much difference between a cinema pit and a dinner party. | 瞧 一般人都以为 电影院乐池和晚宴没多大差别 |
[59:51] | Where have you been, Phil? | 你去哪儿了 菲尔 |
[59:54] | I could hardly eat worrying about you. | 我一直在担心你 都吃不下东西 |
[59:57] | I didn’t get washed up, so I didn’t come. | 我没洗漱 所以没来 |
[1:00:00] | You didn’t wash? | 你没洗漱 |
[1:00:04] | Oh, he’s a ranchman, isn’t that right? That’s honest dirt. | 他是经营牧场的 不是吗 虽然脏 但是勤劳本分 |
[1:00:11] | -Thank you, again. -Thank you. | -再次感谢 -谢谢你 州长 |
[1:00:24] | I’ll just run and grab you a blanket for the ride. | 我去给你拿条毯子路上用 |
[1:01:22] | I wondered if you didn’t think about | 我在想 你有没有想过 |
[1:01:24] | leaving your medical books here for the summer. | 这个夏天把你的医学书留在这里 |
[1:01:27] | I thought about it, but… but you understand they were Dad’s. | 我想过 但你知道 这些书是爸爸的 |
[1:01:33] | Turn around. | 转身 |
[1:01:37] | Are you eating? | 你好好吃饭了吗 |
[1:01:41] | I made a new friend. | 我交了个新朋友 |
[1:01:43] | He calls me Doctor, and I call him Professor, | 他叫我医生 我叫他教授 |
[1:01:45] | ’cause that’s what we wanna be. | 因为那是未来我们想从事的职业 |
[1:01:48] | Why don’t you invite your friend to the ranch? | 不如邀请你的朋友来牧场吧 |
[1:01:51] | No, Rose. | 不 罗斯 |
[1:01:53] | Why not? | 为什么 |
[1:01:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[1:01:56] | I don’t want him to meet a certain person. | 我不想让他见到某个人 |
[1:02:03] | A bull calf, boss! | 一头小公牛 老大… |
[1:02:23] | How come you don’t wear gloves? | 你怎么不戴手套 |
[1:02:25] | How ’bout ’cause they’re not needed. | 不戴是因为不需要 |
[1:02:33] | Castrate 1,500 head, then nick your thumb on the last. | 阉割了1500头 在最后一头这里割伤了拇指 |
[1:02:40] | Well, fatso, I think we’re finished. | 胖子 我想完事了 |
[1:02:51] | Who’s that? | 那是谁 |
[1:02:55] | Miss Nancy. | 南希女士 |
[1:02:57] | Our waiter? | 我们的服务员 |
[1:02:59] | Yep, that’s him. | 对 就是他 |
[1:03:02] | You’re gonna see him creeping all over the place now. | 现在我们要随处都能见到他了 |
[1:03:05] | Big eyes goggling. | 瞪着大眼睛 |
[1:03:12] | Little Lord Fauntleroy. | 小爵爷 |
[1:03:31] | Rose? | 罗斯 |
[1:03:34] | Does he like his room? | 他喜欢他的房间吗 |
[1:03:38] | I think so. | 我想是的 |
[1:03:41] | Watch your fires. Summer’s coming. | 小心火 夏天快到了 |
[1:03:44] | Which also means any Indians camping need to be moved off the property. | 这也意味着牧场附近 禁止任何印第安人露营 |
[1:03:48] | No exceptions. | 没有例外 |
[1:03:50] | -We got animals they want to eat. Got it? | 我们有他们想吃的动物 明白吗 |
[1:03:53] | Yes, sir. | 是 先生 |
[1:03:54] | We don’t sell hides. | 我们不卖兽皮 |
[1:03:57] | We don’t sell anything here. | 我们这里什么都不卖 |
[1:04:19] | Keep your eyes and ears open. | 都警惕一点 |
[1:04:21] | Maybe find yourselves an arrowhead up by them aspens. | 你们可能会被吊死在山杨树上 |
[1:05:07] | Rose? | 罗斯 |
[1:05:11] | I have a headache. | 我头痛 |
[1:05:18] | Have a seat. | 坐吧 |
[1:05:24] | I’m not eating tonight. | 我今晚不吃饭 |
[1:05:26] | It’s George’s week in town, so it’s just Phil. | 这周轮到乔治去城里 所以晚饭只有菲尔 |
[1:05:36] | I made a trap. | 我用陷阱捉住了一个猎物 |
[1:05:38] | Oh no. It’s… it’s not a snake, is it? | 哦 不 不会是一条蛇吧 |
[1:05:45] | It’s a bunny. | 是兔子 |
[1:05:48] | You’re okay. | 你没事的 |
[1:05:56] | No, no, it’s scared. | 不 它很害怕 |
[1:05:58] | -Come here. -Get it, Peter. | -过来 -抓住它 彼得 |
[1:05:59] | Come here. Come here. Come here. | 过来 |
[1:06:04] | Bring him to me. | 给我 |
[1:06:21] | Don’t worry about him. | 别在意他 |
[1:06:25] | You can eat in your room. | 你可以在你房间吃 |
[1:06:29] | They dug up that graveyard to make way for the new highway. | 他们挖开了那个墓园 给新高速让路 |
[1:06:33] | Among those buried there was a friend of mine. | 里面埋葬着我的一位朋友 |
[1:06:36] | A clumsy tractor driver broke open the coffin, | 一个笨手笨脚的拖拉机手 不小心砸开了棺材 |
[1:06:41] | and they found her hair had continued to grow after her death. | 他们发现她的头发在死后还在长 |
[1:06:48] | The whole coffin just stuffed with her lovely golden hair. | 整个棺材里塞满了她美丽的金发 |
[1:06:54] | Except for a few feet from the end, | 除了接近发根的几十厘米… |
[1:06:58] | where it was gray. | 是灰白色 |
[1:07:03] | Can I take it up? | 我可以拿上去吗 |
[1:07:05] | -Some say she was a beauty. -What? | -有人说她生前很美 -什么 |
[1:07:07] | Golden braids on top of her hair. | 头上盘着金色的辫子 |
[1:07:10] | Oh! Yes, go and see. It’s very sweet. | 可以 去看吧 它很可爱 |
[1:07:19] | -No, please. Get out of my room. -Where’s your rabbit? | -不 拜托 别进我房间 -你的兔子呢 |
[1:07:27] | I got it a carrot. | 我给它拿了根胡萝卜 |
[1:07:29] | It doesn’t want one. | 它不想吃 |
[1:07:31] | Why? | 为什么 |
[1:07:37] | Holy hell. | 天啊 |
[1:07:48] | Shut the door. | 关上门 |
[1:08:02] | Now, even if you’re happy being in your room all day, | 就算你整天待在房间里很开心 |
[1:08:04] | it’s good for me. | 这对我有好处 |
[1:08:06] | -Mom, I have a lot to do. -Come on. | -妈妈 我有很多事要做 -来吧 |
[1:08:10] | Peter… | 彼得… |
[1:08:12] | I thought you liked rabbits. | 我以为你喜欢兔子 |
[1:08:16] | Yes. I do. | 我是喜欢 |
[1:08:19] | But if I want to be a surgeon, I have to practice. | 但如果我想当外科医生 就要练习 |
[1:08:24] | Well, you’re not to kill them in the house, Peter. | 你不能在房间里杀它们 彼得 |
[1:08:28] | No, I’m putting my foot down. | 我坚决不同意 |
[1:08:32] | Oh, where’d a man be if he always did what his mother told him? | 一个男人永远听妈妈的话 能有什么出息 |
[1:08:35] | I’ll score. | 我来计分 |
[1:08:42] | Point to Mrs. Burbank. | 伯班克太太得分 |
[1:08:45] | I know, Lola. You don’t have to… | 我知道 罗拉 你不需要… |
[1:08:48] | You don’t have to narrate it. I’ll just… remember. | 你不需要说出来 我能记住 |
[1:08:57] | -Whoo! -Yeah, that was definitely out. | 那球肯定出界了 |
[1:09:15] | Lola, can you please take over? I have a migraine. | 罗拉 你能来替我吗 我偏头痛 |
[1:09:19] | Yeah. | 好 |
[1:09:21] | -Where do you want me? -Back there. | -你要我在哪儿 -后面 |
[1:09:23] | Yes, ma’am. | 好的 女士 |
[1:09:24] | -I hit that way. -I was aiming for you. | -我往那边打 -我本来瞄准的是你 |
[1:09:25] | Don’t listen to Bobby. | 别听她的 |
[1:09:26] | Are you all right, Mother? | 你没事吧 妈妈 |
[1:09:29] | I feel like my eyes are going to pop out of my head. | 我感觉头都要炸了 |
[1:09:41] | It’s Phil, isn’t it? | 是因为菲尔吧 |
[1:09:45] | He’s cold. | 他很冷漠 |
[1:09:46] | He’s just a man, Peter, only another man. | 他只是个男人 彼得 一个普通男人 |
[1:09:51] | You go ahead. | 你进去吧 |
[1:11:33] | Yeah? You want ’em off, do you? | 嗯 这个也要脱掉吗 |
[1:11:36] | -You want ’em off? | 要脱吗 |
[1:11:39] | Yeah, come on. | 来吧 |
[1:11:39] | Yeah, you want ’em? | 想要吗 |
[1:11:41] | Yeah, you got ’em! | 给你 |
[1:17:08] | Get out of here, you little bitch! You hear me? | 滚 小贱人 听到没有 |
[1:17:14] | Get out of here! | 滚 |
[1:17:45] | I know you. Good worker. | 我认识你 勤奋的工人 |
[1:18:34] | No one tell him to soak those jeans? | 没人告诉他裤子要浆洗一下吗 |
[1:18:42] | Howdy, ma’am. | 你好 女士 |
[1:18:49] | -Little faggot. | 小基佬 |
[1:18:57] | Little Nancy. | 小南希 |
[1:19:27] | Pete. | 彼得 |
[1:19:29] | Hey, Pete. | 嘿 彼得 |
[1:19:32] | Peter. | 彼得 |
[1:19:38] | You want me, Mr. Burbank? | 你找我 伯班克先生 |
[1:19:43] | Well, I don’t see any Mr. Burbank here. | 这里可没有伯班克先生 |
[1:19:47] | I’m Phil. | 我是菲尔 |
[1:19:49] | Yes, Mr. Burbank. | 是 伯班克先生 |
[1:19:50] | I guess it’s hard for a young’un like you to call an old fella like me | 我猜对你这样的年轻人来说 |
[1:19:52] | just plain Phil, at first. | 开口直呼我这样的老家伙菲尔很难 |
[1:19:58] | Now come and take a look at this. | 过来看看这个 |
[1:20:02] | Have you done any braiding or plaiting yourself, Pete? | 你亲手编过绳子吗 彼得 |
[1:20:08] | No, I never have, sir. | 没有 先生 |
[1:20:15] | Peter, we kind of got off on the wrong foot. | 彼得 我们的关系一开始不太好 |
[1:20:21] | -Did we, sir? -Forget the “sir” stuff. | -是吗 先生 -别再叫我“先生”了 |
[1:20:24] | That can happen to people. | 人们会遇到这种情况的 |
[1:20:28] | People who get to be good friends. | 本该变成好朋友的人们 |
[1:20:32] | Well, you know what? | 你知道吗 |
[1:20:34] | What? What, Phil? | 什么 菲尔 |
[1:20:39] | Now, you see? You did it. | 瞧 你做到了 |
[1:20:42] | You called me Phil. | 你叫我菲尔了 |
[1:20:45] | I’m gonna finish this rope and give it to you and teach you how to use it. | 我会编完这条绳子 送给你 教你怎么用 |
[1:20:50] | Sort of a lonesome place out here, Pete. | 这里是个孤独的地方 彼得 |
[1:20:54] | Unless you get in the swing of things. | 除非你适应环境并融入其中 |
[1:20:57] | Thank you… Phil. | 谢谢你…菲尔 |
[1:21:02] | How long do you expect it would take to finish that rope? | 绳子大概多久能编完 |
[1:21:05] | I could get it finished before you go back to school. | 我可以在你回学校前编好 |
[1:21:11] | Well… | 那… |
[1:21:14] | It won’t be very long then, Phil. | 那不会花太久 菲尔 |
[1:22:22] | Get on it. | 上去 |
[1:22:25] | You can sit on it, Pete. | 坐上去 彼得 |
[1:22:30] | Get yourself used to it. | 习惯一下 |
[1:22:34] | You got any boots? | 你有靴子吗 |
[1:22:37] | -Yes. -You should wear ’em. | -有 -穿起来 |
[1:22:41] | Don’t let your mom make a sissy of you. | 别让你妈把你搞成个娘娘腔 |
[1:22:54] | That’s impressive, Phil. | 真厉害 菲尔 |
[1:22:56] | Well, | 嗯 |
[1:22:58] | just by sitting there, you’re soaking up all the riding know-how you’ll ever need and then some. | 只是坐在那儿 你就能学会所有骑马需要的知识 |
[1:23:04] | That saddle belonged to Bronco Henry. | 那个马鞍曾属于布朗克亨利 |
[1:23:07] | Greatest rider I ever knew. | 是我认识的最厉害的骑手 |
[1:23:17] | There’s a cliff way out back of the ranch with initials and 1805 carved into it. | 牧场后面远处有一个悬崖 上面刻着姓名首字母和1805 |
[1:23:23] | Must have been some fella from the Lewis and Clark Expedition. | 一定是刘易斯与克拉克远征队的成员 |
[1:23:29] | They were real men in those days. | 那时候他们可是真男人 |
[1:23:34] | Let’s say just you and me go out for a couple of days. | 不如就我们两个人一起出去几天 |
[1:23:37] | Find those trails and follow them to the end. | 找到那时的路径 跟着走到尽头 |
[1:23:42] | Wouldn’t be surprised if there were gold | 在那些石头里发现金子或者珍贵矿石 |
[1:23:46] | or precious minerals in them there rocks. | 也不是没有可能 |
[1:23:52] | Do many of the calves die from wolves? | 有很多小牛是被狼咬死的吗 |
[1:23:57] | There’s always a few that get… | 总有几头… |
[1:24:00] | tore up or hamstrung or die of anthrax. | 会被撕开或是咬残 或是死于炭疽 |
[1:24:04] | Call it blackleg. | 称为黑腿病 |
[1:24:05] | You know, you talk like a Victrola record. You know that? | 你知道自己说话像留声机吗 |
[1:24:08] | No, I didn’t know. | 我不知道 |
[1:24:11] | Yeah, well, you do. | 确实像 |
[1:24:22] | -Did Bronco Henry teach you to ride, Phil? -Yep. | -菲尔 布朗克亨利教过你骑马吗 -是的 |
[1:24:28] | He taught me to use my eyes in ways that other people can’t. | 他教我用别人不会的方式运用双眼 |
[1:24:35] | Take that hill over there. | 看那边那座山 |
[1:24:42] | Most people look at it and just see a hill. | 很多人只能看到那是一座山 |
[1:24:46] | Where Bronco looked at it, what do you suppose he saw? | 但布朗克看的时候 你觉得他会看到什么 |
[1:24:53] | A barking dog. | 一只叫唤的狗 |
[1:24:55] | -The hell, you just saw that now? -No. | -该死 你刚看出来的 -不是 |
[1:25:00] | When I first came here. | 我刚来就发现了 |
[1:25:02] | See, it looks like a dog with its jaw wide open. | 看 它像一只嘴巴大张的狗 |
[1:25:09] | You… you just saw that? | 你能看出来 |
[1:25:11] | Yeah. | 是的 |
[1:25:17] | -Peter. | 彼得 |
[1:25:20] | Peter. | 彼得 |
[1:25:24] | Can’t you come in and talk for a little? | 能进来聊两句吗 |
[1:25:37] | You’ve gotten to be quite friendly with Phil, haven’t you? | 你最近和菲尔关系不错 是不是 |
[1:25:46] | Is he nice to you? | 他对你好吗 |
[1:25:50] | He’s making a rope for me. | 他在为我做一根绳子 |
[1:25:54] | Making a rope? | 做绳子 |
[1:25:58] | Peter, I wish you wouldn’t make that sound with your comb. | 彼得 请你不要让梳子发出那种声音 |
[1:26:04] | I wasn’t aware. | 我不是有意的 |
[1:26:05] | When I was little, I… | 我小时候 |
[1:26:07] | I felt a chill in my spine when I heard the chalk squeak on a blackboard. | 一听到粉笔划黑板的刺耳声音 就脊背发凉 |
[1:26:13] | Oh, Miss… Mrs. Merchant, that’s who it was. | 莫昌特小姐…太太 就是她 |
[1:26:18] | She… she drew chalk stars by our names on the blackboard. | 她在黑板上给我们的名字旁边 用粉笔画上星星 |
[1:26:25] | I wonder why it was stars she gave us. | 我在想她为什么给我们画星星 |
[1:26:29] | Why not diamonds? Why not hearts? | 为什么不是方块 红桃 |
[1:26:33] | Why not spades? Why… | 为什么不是黑桃 为什么 |
[1:26:40] | I wonder why it was always stars. | 我在想为什么每次都是星星 |
[1:26:45] | Because stars are supposed to be unreachable. | 因为星星遥不可及 |
[1:26:51] | Yes. | 是的 |
[1:26:53] | But they weren’t unreachable because she gave them to us. | 但它们并非遥不可及 因为她给我们了 |
[1:27:00] | -And, Peter? – | 彼得 你知道吗 |
[1:27:02] | We had this valentine box, and it was covered with white crepe paper. | 我们以前会有情人节礼盒 外面包上白色皱纹纸 |
[1:27:09] | And we would paste big, red hearts on it. | 我们会在上面贴上大大的红心 |
[1:27:13] | Lopsided hearts. | 斜着的爱心 |
[1:27:15] | And you had a great many valentines. | 你度过了很多情人节 |
[1:27:21] | A great many? | 很多 |
[1:27:26] | Because you’re beautiful. | 因为你很美 |
[1:27:39] | Is there a sound that makes you shiver? | 有什么声音会让你颤抖吗 |
[1:27:50] | I don’t remember. | 我不记得有 |
[1:27:55] | We’re not unreachable. | 我们不是遥不可及的 |
[1:28:01] | Hey. | 嘿 |
[1:28:04] | No, we’re not unreachable. | 我们并不是遥不可及的 |
[1:28:07] | Mother, you don’t have to do this. | 妈妈 你不必这样 |
[1:28:11] | I’ll see you don’t have to do it. | 我会注意的 你不必这样 |
[1:28:31] | -This his first week? | 这是他第一周学 |
[1:28:32] | -Nope, third. Third? | -不 第三周 -第三周 |
[1:28:35] | Open up the gate. Let him out. | 把门打开 让他出去 |
[1:28:37] | -You sure? He’s not ready. -Go on. Let him out. | -你确定 他还没准备好 -打开 让他出去 |
[1:28:47] | -Yeehaw, cowboy! | 哟 牛仔 |
[1:28:55] | -What you doing? -Going to give him a hand. | -你要干什么 -去帮他一把 |
[1:28:56] | Don’t. | 不用 |
[1:28:58] | -Let him figure it out. -Oh, oh! | 让他自己搞定 |
[1:29:01] | Or not. | 或者也可能搞不定 |
[1:29:04] | Fall off, you get back on. | 掉下来就再爬上去 |
[1:31:22] | Any happenings while I was away? | 我不在的时候有什么事吗 |
[1:31:32] | Hey, Pete! Come here. | 彼得 过来 |
[1:31:38] | Peter? Peter? | 彼得 |
[1:31:42] | Where are you two off to? | 你们俩要去哪儿 |
[1:31:50] | Peter? | 彼得 |
[1:31:52] | -Rose? -Peter! | -罗斯 -彼得 |
[1:31:56] | Rose, what’s the matter? | 罗斯 怎么了 |
[1:32:03] | Rose? | 罗斯 |
[1:32:04] | Can’t Peter go with you today? | 彼得今天不能跟你一起走吗 |
[1:32:07] | Well, he could, but him and Phil have kinda paired up. | 可以是可以 但他和菲尔好像已经组好队了 |
[1:32:10] | I don’t want that. | 我不希望这样 |
[1:32:11] | -I don’t want him to be with Phil at all. -But, Rose… | -我根本不希望他和菲尔在一起 -可是罗斯… |
[1:32:16] | He’s helping him. He taught him how to ride. | 他在帮助他 他教会了他骑马 |
[1:33:16] | Hey, Pete, my pal. | 嘿 彼得 伙计 |
[1:33:21] | Hey, Pete, my pal. | 嘿 彼得 伙计 |
[1:33:24] | You gonna help? | 来搭把手 |
[1:33:44] | You know who started riding as late as you? | 你知道他开始骑马的年纪 和你一样晚吗 |
[1:33:47] | -Who? -Bronco Henry. | -谁 -布朗克亨利 |
[1:33:51] | Hadn’t done any of it till he was about your age now. | 在你这个年纪以前从没骑过 |
[1:33:59] | Hello, Mr. Cottontail. | 你好 棉尾巴先生 |
[1:34:08] | Hey, Peter, let’s see how long it takes | 嘿 彼得 我们看看过多久 |
[1:34:11] | before Mr. Cottontail makes a run for the open. | 棉尾巴先生会跑出来 |
[1:34:15] | Now, as kids, we used to take bets… | 小时候 我们经常打赌 |
[1:34:20] | …on how many poles we’d remove | 看要搬走多少根木头 |
[1:34:22] | before the animals ran out and made a run for it. | 动物才会跑出来逃命 |
[1:34:38] | Oh, he’s still in there. | 它还在里面 |
[1:34:40] | Gutsy little bugger. | 勇敢的小家伙 |
[1:34:42] | I guess he has to be gutsy. | 我看它一定很勇敢 |
[1:34:53] | Damn son of a bitch. | 臭小子 |
[1:35:01] | Come on, now. Come on. | 来啊 |
[1:35:06] | Think it broke his leg. | 看来是腿断了 |
[1:35:08] | Well, put him out of his misery. | 帮它脱离痛苦吧 |
[1:35:18] | It’s all right. | 没事的 |
[1:35:35] | That’s deep. | 伤口很深 |
[1:35:38] | You okay, Phil? | 你没事吧 菲尔 |
[1:35:39] | Yeah, what the hell? | 怎么搞的 |
[1:35:42] | Must be a splinter. | 一定是木刺划的 |
[1:36:02] | You got a tan. That’s a cowboy tan you got. | 你有晒痕 那是牛仔的晒痕 |
[1:36:12] | Bronco Henry told me that… | 布朗克亨利告诉我… |
[1:36:15] | a man was made by patience and the odds against him. | 造就男人的是他面对逆境时的耐心 |
[1:36:24] | My father said… | 我父亲说… |
[1:36:27] | obstacles. | 造就男人的是障碍 |
[1:36:30] | And you had to try and remove them. | 你要努力克服它 |
[1:36:32] | Another way to put it. | 意思是一样的 |
[1:36:35] | Well, you’ve certainly got obstacles. That’s a fact, Pete, me boy. | 你肯定是有障碍的 我的彼得 |
[1:36:42] | -“Obstacles”? -Well, take your ma. | -障碍 -比如你妈 |
[1:36:45] | Today or any day… | 今天 以及一直以来… |
[1:36:50] | how she’s on the sauce. | 她都在酗酒 |
[1:36:52] | “On the sauce”? | “酗酒” |
[1:36:56] | Drinking, Pete. | 喝很多酒 彼得 |
[1:36:58] | Boozing it up. | 喝得烂醉 |
[1:37:03] | I guess you know she’s been half-shot all summer. | 我想你应该知道 她整个夏天都半醉不醒 |
[1:37:06] | Yeah, I know. | 是的 我知道 |
[1:37:11] | She never used to drink. | 她以前从不喝酒 |
[1:37:13] | -Oh, didn’t she now? -No. | -是吗 -是的 |
[1:37:17] | -She never did. -But your pa, Pete? | -她以前没喝过 -那你爸呢 彼得 |
[1:37:21] | My father? Yeah, your father. | -我父亲 -是的 你父亲 |
[1:37:26] | I guess he hit the bottle pretty hard? | 我猜他很爱喝酒吧 |
[1:37:30] | The booze? | 喝烈酒 |
[1:37:34] | Until right at the very end. | 直到最后一刻 |
[1:37:42] | Then he hung himself. | 然后他上吊了 |
[1:37:48] | I found him. | 我找到了他 |
[1:37:53] | Cut him down. | 割断绳子放他下来 |
[1:38:02] | He used to worry I wasn’t kind enough. | 他以前担心我不够善良 |
[1:38:08] | That I was too strong. | 太过强硬 |
[1:38:09] | You, too strong? | 你 太强硬 |
[1:38:13] | He got that wrong. | 他可搞错了 |
[1:38:16] | Poor kid. | 可怜的孩子 |
[1:38:23] | Things will work out for you yet. | 你以后会好起来的 |
[1:38:36] | Where’s Mrs. Lewis? | 路易斯太太呢 |
[1:38:38] | She’s with the Indians. | 她和印第安人在一起 |
[1:38:42] | What Indians? | 什么印第安人 |
[1:38:45] | These ones. | 这些人 |
[1:38:52] | Go now. Go. | 走吧 走 |
[1:38:59] | Water! | 水 |
[1:39:02] | They were standing right in front of the damn things asking, | 他们就站在兽皮前面问 |
[1:39:05] | “Do we have any hides?” | “我们能要这些兽皮吗 ” |
[1:39:10] | “Do we have any hides?” Are they leaving? | “我们能要这些兽皮吗 ” 他们要走了吗 |
[1:39:15] | Yes, they’ve got their horse going. | 是的 他们牵着马走了 |
[1:39:19] | I told them the hides are gonna be burned. | 我告诉他们兽皮会被烧掉 |
[1:39:25] | Why? | 为什么 |
[1:39:27] | Why are the hides going to be burned? | 兽皮为什么要烧掉 |
[1:39:29] | Phil doesn’t want anyone else to have ’em. | 菲尔不希望其他人得到它们 |
[1:39:32] | Waits till there’s a big pile and sets fire to the lot. | 他等积累到一堆的时候全部点火烧掉 |
[1:39:37] | He’d blow up if they even touched ’em. | 要是他们敢碰一下 他都会气炸 |
[1:39:41] | What’s she doin’? | 她在干什么 |
[1:40:00] | Please, please. | 拜托 |
[1:40:03] | Wait! Please! | 等等 拜托 |
[1:40:08] | Wait! Please, stop. | 等等 请停下 |
[1:40:11] | Please wait. | 请等等 |
[1:40:13] | Please. | 拜托 |
[1:40:15] | Come back. | 回来吧 |
[1:40:17] | Take the hides. | 把兽皮拿去 |
[1:40:19] | It would be my honor if you would take them. | 你们能拿走它们是我的荣幸 |
[1:40:24] | Please. | 拜托 |
[1:40:26] | My husband owns the ranch. | 我丈夫是牧场主 |
[1:40:31] | Come back. Take them. | 回来 拿走吧 |
[1:41:04] | They’re so soft. | 好柔软 |
[1:41:09] | So deliciously soft. | 太软了 |
[1:41:12] | So beautiful. | 真美 |
[1:41:39] | -You all right, ma’am? | 你没事吧 夫人 |
[1:41:40] | -Is she breathing? Ma’am. | -她还有气吗 -夫人 |
[1:41:44] | -Ma’am. -What happened? | -夫人 -怎么回事 |
[1:41:46] | She just collapsed, sir. | 她晕倒了 先生 |
[1:41:51] | Rose? | 罗斯 |
[1:42:14] | Sorry, sir. | 抱歉 先生 |
[1:42:16] | Thank you, Lola. | 谢谢你 罗拉 |
[1:42:51] | I’ll be damned. | 可恶 |
[1:43:04] | Is there something wrong, Phil? | 出什么事了 菲尔 |
[1:43:06] | Wrong? | 什么事 |
[1:43:07] | For Christ’s sake. | 老天爷 |
[1:43:09] | Every goddamn hide is gone! | 所有兽皮都不见了 |
[1:43:13] | Oh, she really put her foot into it this time. | 她这次可是惹上大麻烦了 |
[1:43:17] | You think she did it? | 你觉得是她干的 |
[1:43:20] | -She sold them? -Bloody tootin’. | -是她卖掉的 -肯定的 |
[1:43:23] | -Or maybe even gave them away. -Why? Why? | -甚至有可能是白送 -为什么 |
[1:43:25] | Why would she do that, Phil? She knew that we needed the hides. | 她为什么要那样做 菲尔 她知道我们需要兽皮 |
[1:43:28] | Because she was drunk! | 因为她喝醉了 |
[1:43:31] | Pie-eyed! She was smashed! | 烂醉如泥 |
[1:43:35] | I’d think you’d know from the books your pa left you | 我以为你会从你爸留下的书里读到过 |
[1:43:37] | that your ma’s got a… a whatchamacallit. | 你妈有…叫什么来着 |
[1:43:40] | Alcoholic personality. It comes under the letter A! | 酗酒型人格 书里写了的 |
[1:43:51] | -You’re not gonna say anything to her? -Say anything? | -你要跟她说什么吗 -说什么 |
[1:43:55] | I won’t say nothin’. | 我什么都不会说… |
[1:43:58] | But sure as one good hell, brother George is going to. | 但乔治弟弟肯定有话要说 |
[1:44:10] | Rose is not well, Phil. | 罗斯不舒服 菲尔 |
[1:44:15] | She’s ill. | 她生病了 |
[1:44:18] | Not well? | 不舒服 |
[1:44:22] | It is high time that that bozo and you got next to a few… | 是时候让你和那个蠢货了解一些… |
[1:44:26] | What do you ever call them? Facts! | 叫什么来着 真相了 |
[1:44:28] | She stashes alcohol all around the place, even drinking in the stinking alley. | 她到处都藏了酒 在发臭的巷子里都喝 |
[1:44:36] | Look at your face in the mirror! | 你照照镜子 |
[1:44:38] | Is it that she could like? Or our money? Wake the hell up! | 她会喜欢这张脸吗 还是贪图我们的钱 醒醒吧 |
[1:44:43] | That’s enough, Phil. | 够了 菲尔 |
[1:44:49] | Well, what is the harm? | 有什么关系呢 |
[1:44:53] | The hides were only going to be burned. | 反正兽皮都会被烧掉 |
[1:44:55] | I needed them. | 我需要兽皮 |
[1:44:58] | I needed them. | 我需要兽皮 |
[1:45:02] | Well, I apologize. | 那我道歉 |
[1:45:14] | They were mine! | 那是我的 |
[1:45:20] | I needed them! | 我需要兽皮 |
[1:45:37] | -Phil? -Huh? | 菲尔 |
[1:45:46] | Phil, I’ve… | 菲尔 我… |
[1:45:49] | I’ve got rawhide to finish the rope. | 我有生皮可以用来编完绳子 |
[1:45:54] | You’ve got it? | 你有 |
[1:45:55] | What are you doing with rawhide? | 你要生皮做什么 |
[1:45:57] | I cut some up. | 我割了一些 |
[1:46:00] | I wanted to be like you. | 我想像你一样 |
[1:46:03] | Please take what I’ve got. | 把我的拿去吧 |
[1:46:10] | That’s damn kind of you, Pete. | 你太善良了 彼得 |
[1:46:27] | Tell you something. | 我跟你说 |
[1:46:32] | Everything’s gonna be plain sailing for you from now on in. | 从现在起 你将一帆风顺 |
[1:46:39] | And you know what? | 你知道吗 |
[1:46:41] | I’m gonna work. | 我会赶工 |
[1:46:43] | Finish up that rope tonight. | 今晚就把绳子编完 |
[1:46:49] | You’ll watch me do it? | 你要看我做吗 |
[1:49:20] | How old were you when you met Bronco Henry? | 你认识布朗克亨利时多大 |
[1:49:24] | About the age you are now. | 大概和你现在一样大 |
[1:49:36] | Was he your best friend? | 他是你最好的朋友吗 |
[1:49:39] | Yeah… he was. | 是的 |
[1:49:43] | He was more than that. | 不止如此 |
[1:49:47] | Once, he saved my life. | 他救过我的命 |
[1:49:55] | We were way off up in the hills shooting elk, and the weather turned mean. | 我们在深山里猎鹿 天气突变 |
[1:50:02] | Bronco kept me alive by… | 布朗克为了让我活下来… |
[1:50:05] | lying body against body in a bedroll. | 在铺盖卷里紧贴我的身体 |
[1:50:11] | Fell off to sleep that way. | 就那样睡着了 |
[1:50:19] | Naked? | 裸体 |
[1:52:16] | -Phil left already? -No, he’s not here. | -菲尔已经走了 -不 他没来 |
[1:52:21] | He say he was settin’ out early? No. | -他说要提早出发 -没有 |
[1:52:29] | Good mornin’. | 早上好 |
[1:52:31] | Have you seen your brother? | 看到你哥哥了吗 |
[1:52:35] | He’s not had breakfast? | 他没吃早饭吗 |
[1:52:38] | He’s not been down at all. | 他根本没下楼 |
[1:53:03] | I’ll run you into Herndon to see the doctor. | 我送你去亨顿看医生 |
[1:53:31] | Phil…what happened to your hand? | 菲尔 你的手怎么了 |
[1:53:40] | Let’s get your boots off. | 把靴子脱了 |
[1:53:52] | I’m… I’m good. | 我没事 |
[1:54:02] | I’ll get the car. | 我去开车 |
[1:55:10] | Let’s go, Phil. | 走吧 菲尔 |
[1:55:12] | Where’s the boy? | 那孩子呢 |
[1:55:37] | Phil. | 菲尔 |
[1:55:47] | I’ll get it to him. | 我会交给他 |
[1:56:42] | I’ll take this one. | 我选这个 |
[1:58:48] | Rose would like you to join us for Christmas, if you care to. | 如果你们愿意的话 罗斯希望你们来和我们一起过圣诞 |
[1:58:59] | Yes. | 好 |
[1:59:01] | Thank you, George. | 谢谢你 乔治 |
[1:59:07] | I’m afraid I’m mystified. | 我很困惑 |
[1:59:09] | I’ll know in a day or two when the results come back. | 等一两天结果出来后我就知道了 |
[1:59:13] | Those last convulsions… | 临终前的抽搐… |
[1:59:17] | -Yes? -Terrible, truly frightful. | -嗯 -很剧烈 非常吓人 |
[1:59:22] | You know what I’m thinking? | 你知道我觉得是什么吗 |
[1:59:24] | What? | 什么 |
[1:59:26] | Anthrax. | 炭疽 |
[1:59:32] | But he never handled diseased animals. He was particular on that. | 但他从不碰生病的动物 他很在意这个 |
[2:00:33] | “Deliver my soul from the sword, my darling from the power of the dog.” | “求你救我的灵魂脱离刀剑 救我的生命脱离犬类” |