时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:21] | Ok, now I have been sitting second session. | 好的 这是第二次开庭 |
[00:23] | He gave me the last continuance, | 他同意给我最后延期一次 |
[00:24] | not happy, for him to get smack. | 为此他很气恼 |
[00:26] | Listen, I gotta start with the BMC first, | 我得先处理BMC那个案子 |
[00:29] | free willy again. | 又是暴露狂 |
[00:30] | I told Eugene I’d cover. | 我跟Eugene说了我会搞定 |
[00:32] | ** still going on Reynolds. | Reynolds的案子 |
[00:34] | You go over her testimony? | 你看过她的证词了吗 |
[00:35] | Yeah, grandmother’s too. | 看了 她奶奶的证词也看了 |
[00:37] | We’re doing it at 11. | 我们约在11点钟 |
[00:38] | Hey, Jemmy. | 你好 Jemmy |
[00:44] | I know, I know. | 我知道 我知道 |
[00:45] | Commonwealth of Massachusetts vs. Koeman. | 马萨诸塞州诉Koeman |
[00:48] | Morning your honor, | 早上好 法官阁下 |
[00:50] | -you received my supplementals? -Yes, | -你收到我的补充意见了吗 -收到了 |
[00:52] | notwithstanding the mitigating circumstances, | 尽管存在减轻处罚的情节 |
[00:55] | I feel the heinous nature of this murder | 我认为被告主观恶意极大 |
[00:57] | ** seen little remorse by the way, | 且表现得毫无悔意 |
[00:59] | compels me to accept the state’s recommendation… | 因此我不得不采纳控方的建议… |
[01:02] | Judge, I think we’re… | 法官阁下 我认为… |
[01:03] | I hereby sentence the defendant Roland Koeman | 本庭就此判处被告Roland Koeman |
[01:05] | to three life terms at Cedar Junction | 三个终生监禁 在雪松监狱服刑 |
[01:07] | with no possibility of parole. | 不得假释 |
[01:09] | The defendant is to be transferred forthwith. | 被告即刻收押 |
[01:12] | Adjourned. | 休庭 |
[01:13] | Hold it. | 等一会 |
[01:14] | We’ll certify to the SJC, | 我们会向麻省最高法院上诉 |
[01:16] | don’t be talking in the can like it’s over | 不要随口乱说 好像事情已经完结了 |
[01:18] | The guy in the next cell, he’s not your friend. | 你隔壁监室的人 他不是你的朋友 |
[01:20] | He is looking to trade up just like you. | 他随时可能出卖你 像你一样 |
[01:22] | Look at me. Look at me. | 看着我 看着我 |
[01:23] | Your own mother comes to visit you, | 就算你亲妈来看你 |
[01:25] | you check her ID first before even saying hello. | 你在核实她的身份之前都别跟她打招呼 |
[01:31] | -Go away. -Just hear me out. I… | -离我远点 -听我说 |
[01:33] | I’ve got nothing else to say. | 我没什么可说的 |
[01:34] | I’m taking the heat for hearing you out. | 我已经因为你挨批了 |
[01:36] | They’re mad upstairs | 我把条件减到10个月 |
[01:37] | that I comped it to ten. | 他们已经很不高兴了 |
[01:38] | You’re a compassionate woman. | 我知道你富有同情心 |
[01:39] | Oh, save it. | 得了吧 |
[01:39] | My boss would think we might be sleeping together, isn’t it? | 我的上司还以为我们肯定有一腿 是吧 |
[01:42] | Ten months. | 10个月 |
[01:43] | I’m gonna get the NG. | 我会打成无罪的 |
[01:44] | -What would your boss think then? -Oh,yeah,yeah,Well,fine. | -到时候你上司会怎么想 -行 行 怎么都好 |
[01:46] | You know what? Get you acquittal. | 你打成无罪好了 |
[01:47] | But whatever you get from now on, | 但是无论如何 从现在开始 |
[01:49] | you don’t get it from me. See you in there. | 我不会再让步了 庭上见 |
[01:54] | Waive reading. Plead not guilty. | 放弃宣读权利 无罪辩护 |
[01:56] | Mr. Sermansky said he won’t oppose OR. | Sermansky先生说他不反对自我保释 |
[01:59] | This is your third time, Mrs. Holston. | 你这是第三次了 Holsten先生 |
[02:01] | It was an accident. | 这次是意外 |
[02:03] | You exposed your penis by accident? | 你意外地暴露了你的生殖器? |
[02:06] | Yes, I did. | 是的 |
[02:11] | I’ll grant personal psychiatric testing | 根据第214条的规定 |
[02:13] | pursuant to section 214. | 我同意进行精神鉴定 |
[02:15] | Keep your zip tight, Mr. Holston. | Hoslten先生 管住你的拉链 |
[02:16] | Nobody is finding this cute. | 没人觉得你那玩意儿可爱 |
[02:21] | Hey, Rachel, Mrs. Reynolds. | 嘿 Rachel Reynolds太太 |
[02:22] | Just give me two seconds. I’ll be right with you. | 请稍等 我马上就好 |
[02:23] | -How is your back, Mr. Ray? -Worse. | -你的背怎么样了 Ray先生 -更严重了 |
[02:26] | I’m gonna set down a pillow, so you **, alright? | 我给你拿个靠枕 你可以靠着 好吗 |
[02:30] | They keep me waiting. | 他们让我一直等着 |
[02:32] | Get Mr. Ray a pillow on the stool, will you? | 给Ray先生拿个靠枕 好吗 |
[02:34] | Yeah, they arrest me coz my smile. | 对 他们就是因为我的微笑才逮捕我的 |
[02:36] | Hey, any luck? | 嘿 怎么样 |
[02:37] | Ah, she wouldn’t budge, **. | 她不同意 |
[02:38] | How did you do? | 你那边怎么样 |
[02:39] | About a week. | 大约一周 |
[02:39] | Judge ** is high, and free willy extends his best. | 法官很嗨 他最喜欢暴露狂的案子了 |
[02:42] | That’s not bad. Where is Eugene? | 不错 Eugene在哪呢 |
[02:44] | No probable cause. | 无正当诉由 |
[02:46] | Case dismissed with prejudice. | 案件被撤销且不得再起诉 |
[02:49] | Mr. William is very happy | William先生非常高兴 |
[02:50] | and they are free. | 他们自由了 |
[02:53] | Congratulations, man. | 恭喜 伙计 |
[02:55] | I’m buying you another coffee. | 我请你喝咖啡 |
[02:58] | You can come in now. | 请进来吧 |
[03:03] | Oh, Mr. Crookshank, | 哦 Crookshank先生 |
[03:05] | step this way. | 这边请 |
[03:06] | I just want to invite this girl **. | 我想邀请那个女孩 |
[03:08] | I’m a respected client. | 我可是受人尊敬的客户 |
[03:09] | Oh, she is not on the menu you can get. | 我不准你骚扰她 |
[03:14] | ***** | 你跟我说你当时只是在取现金 |
[03:20] | **, I tried to cash. | 是啊 我就是想取点现金 |
[03:23] | Next thing I know, cops are ** all over me. | 接下来 警察就把我包围了 |
[03:24] | I don’t even know that. | 我都不知道是怎么回事 |
[03:25] | Yes, well, here is my concern. | 好吧 我是这么想的 |
[03:27] | I subpoena the bank video tapes. | 我调取了银行的监控录像 |
[03:30] | Now, here, we get you at Atlantic Security | 这里 你在大西洋 |
[03:33] | on the day they got take it. | 是他们抓你那天 |
[03:35] | Sherman, here you go again. | 谢尔曼银行 你又出现了 |
[03:38] | Bank of New England, | 新英格兰银行 |
[03:39] | I’m figuring it’s Christmas time | 我想这一天是圣诞节 |
[03:41] | since you’re wearing a Santa’s cap. | 因为你戴着圣诞老人帽 |
[03:44] | Commonwealth, | 联邦银行 |
[03:46] | Cambridge Savings. | 剑桥储蓄银行 |
[03:48] | And look, | 还有这个 |
[03:50] | you seem particularly delighted here, don’t you? | 你看起来乐不可支啊 |
[03:57] | I’m very disappointed. | 我非常失望 |
[04:04] | Sorry about the mess. | 不好意思 有点乱 |
[04:06] | You live like a big fat hog. | 乱得像猪窝 |
[04:09] | I know, it’s…it’s awful. | 我知道 糟透了 |
[04:15] | Well, | 呃 |
[04:19] | got the DA down to ten months. | 检方同意做交易 10个月 |
[04:21] | and | 呃 |
[04:24] | And I think that we should take it. | 我认为我们应该接受 |
[04:27] | Ten months in jail? | 10个月监禁 |
[04:29] | The alternative is fifteen years, Rachel. | 你弄不好会被判15年的 Rachel |
[04:32] | But I’m not guilty. | 但是我根本没犯罪 |
[04:33] | But the cocaine was found in your room. | 但是可卡因是在你的房间里被发现的 |
[04:35] | It was my brother’s. | 那是我哥哥的 |
[04:36] | I know, but you had it at the time of the raid, | 我知道 但警方搜查时它就在你手上 |
[04:38] | and your brother jumped bail, the prosecution… | 你哥哥弃保潜逃 检方… |
[04:40] | -they, they had to pin somebody. -No, no, it wasn’t mine. | -他们 他们得找人追究责任 -不 那不是我的 |
[04:42] | Rachel, listen to me. | Rachel 听我说 |
[04:43] | If you’re convicted, | 如果最后认定罪名成立 |
[04:45] | over 200 grams and intent to distribute is automatic. | 那就是持有并意图贩卖200克以上 |
[04:48] | The traffic charge is statutory. | 贩毒的指控是法定的 |
[04:51] | That means a mandatory sentence of fifteen years. | 这意味着必须判15年 |
[04:54] | There is absolutely no discretion. | 没有任何酌情裁量的余地 |
[04:56] | If we could just find your brother. | 如果能找到你哥哥 |
[04:57] | If I knew where he was, | 就算我知道他在哪里 |
[04:58] | that boy wouldn’t be worried about the police. | 那孩子才不会管警察什么的 |
[05:00] | Mrs. Reynolds, | Reynolds太太 |
[05:02] | I don’t think that we can win this case. | 我认为我们赢不了这个案子 |
[05:04] | But I didn’t do anything, this isn’t fair. | 但是我没有做坏事 这不公平 |
[05:07] | But you did try to hide the drugs. | 你确实企图藏匿毒品 |
[05:09] | Only because I was afraid for Gerow, | 那只是因为我想帮Gerow |
[05:10] | but that stuff wasn’t mine. | 但那些东西不是我的 |
[05:12] | Rachel, when you’re seventeen, | Rachel 你现在17岁 |
[05:13] | ten months seems like a very long time, I’m… | 10个月看起来很长 我… |
[05:15] | I’m not pleading guilty. | 我不同意认罪 |
[05:17] | No, you’re asking me to say I did something I didn’t do. | 你们要我承认我没有做过的事情 |
[05:20] | It isn’t like that… | 不是这样的 |
[05:22] | It is like that. | 就是这样的 |
[05:23] | You’re saying that I should tell that judge | 你说我该向法官承认我有罪 |
[05:25] | I’m guilty when I’m not. | 但其实我没有罪 |
[05:27] | That’s a lie, | 那是撒谎 |
[05:28] | and maybe that’s what you lawyers do, | 也许你们这些律师觉得习以为常 |
[05:30] | but…but grandma, | 但是 奶奶 |
[05:34] | you never asked me to lie before. | 你以前从来没有教我撒谎 |
[05:49] | I’m not pleading guilty. | 我不认罪 |
[05:56] | I still don’t get why I have to go back there. | 我不知道他们为什么还要找我 |
[05:58] | I told them everything. | 我已经把一切都告诉他们了 |
[05:59] | The reason they’re deposing you | 他们再找你做证言笔录 |
[06:01] | is they want to send a message | 是因为他们想让你知道 |
[06:02] | you’re in for the long hall. We discussed this. | 他们将想方设法拖延 我跟你说过 |
[06:05] | They want you to quit. | 他们想拖得你放弃 |
[06:06] | I know it’s frustrating, | 我知道这令人沮丧 |
[06:08] | but this is a tobacco company we are up against. | 但是要知道我们的对手是烟草公司 |
[06:09] | Ah, Mr. Holston, | 啊 Holsten先生 |
[06:11] | you have been freeing willy again. | 你又”解放出来”了 |
[06:12] | Show in open court, | 在法庭上 这个叫 |
[06:13] | I get this woman Ellenor, | Ellenor的女人突然冒出来 |
[06:15] | Big thing just appears, says she is representing me. | 说她要为我辩护 |
[06:17] | I know how you hate surprises. | 我知道 你不喜欢意外 |
[06:18] | I should be my own lawyer, | 我该自己来辩护 |
[06:20] | that’s what I should do. | 我真的该这么干 |
[06:20] | I could get myself off. | 我自己都能搞定 |
[06:22] | Yes, this we know. | 是的 我们都知道 |
[06:26] | Step up to the bench for a second. | 请上来一下 |
[06:35] | Am I to understand | 如果我没看错 |
[06:37] | you rejected a plea | 你们拒绝了检方提出的 |
[06:38] | of ten months? | 10个月的交易条件 |
[06:39] | I recommended that she take it, Judge. | 我也建议她接受这个条件的 法官阁下 |
[06:41] | In fact, I want to run the record | 事实上 我希望法庭记录在案 |
[06:42] | that I’ve advised her to take it. | 我确实建议过她接受交易条件 |
[06:45] | Miss Reynolds, | Reynolds小姐 |
[06:47] | you’re aware that | 你是否清楚 |
[06:49] | if you’re convicted of these charges, | 一旦你被认定罪名成立 |
[06:52] | you will face a mandatory fifteen years sentence? | 你将面临强制性的15年监禁的判决 |
[06:55] | Yes, your honor. | 清楚 法官阁下 |
[06:57] | The prosecution has offered you a plea bargin | 检方提出以10个月监禁 |
[06:59] | to a reduce charge of ten months | 达成辩诉交易 |
[07:02] | and you rejected that offer? | 而你拒绝了 |
[07:04] | Yes. | 是的 |
[07:04] | Your attorney has advised you to accept this offer? | 你的律师曾建议你接受检方的条件? |
[07:08] | Yes, but I won’t. | 是的 但是我不同意 |
[07:12] | I see. | 我知道了 |
[07:16] | I’m attempted to remove you as counsel, | 我很想撤销你本案的辩护资格 |
[07:18] | Mr. Donnell. | Donnell先生 |
[07:19] | Why? | 为什么 |
[07:20] | Because if you can’t convince your own client | 因为你都没法说服自己的当事人 |
[07:22] | of the obvious, | 接受显而易见的道理 |
[07:24] | how are you going to convince | 你怎么可能说服陪审团 |
[07:25] | the jury of the improbable? | 相信不可能的事实 |
[07:27] | I don’t appreciate that, Judge. | 你这么说我不同意 法官阁下 |
[07:28] | Well, educate me. | 那么 教教我吧 |
[07:29] | Am I missing something? | 是我忽略了什么吗 |
[07:31] | I mean, do you even have a defense? | 我是说 你究竟拿什么作为辩护理由 |
[07:33] | She says that she is innocent. | 她说 她是清白的 |
[07:36] | You’re going forward on her say | 你难道就以”她自称是清白的” |
[07:37] | so that she is innocent? | 作为辩护理由吗 |
[07:39] | I’m going forward because I believe her. | 不 我辩护的基础在于我信任她 |
[07:46] | I hope you know what you’re doing, Bobby. | 我希望你知道自己在做什么 Bobby |
[07:50] | Step back. | 退下 |
[07:52] | One hour recess, | 休庭一小时 |
[07:54] | then the court officer will bring in the jury. | 然后法警会带陪审团上庭 |
[07:58] | -Oh, yeah, we know what we’re doing. -Sh. | -嗯 我们知道在干什么 -嘘 |
[08:21] | Did you bookie die? | 那个帮你下注的人挂了吗 |
[08:23] | Koeman got triple life without parole. | Koeman被判三个终生监禁 不得假释 |
[08:25] | The DA won’t budge on Rachel Reynolds. | Rachel Reynolds的检察官不肯让步 |
[08:27] | Dan Moore ** pay, | Dan Moore不付律师费 |
[08:28] | which I put it personally, I could use | 我还指望着这笔钱 |
[08:30] | coz the landlord is threatening to evict again, | 因为 房东又威胁要赶我们走 |
[08:33] | and it’s…it’s two thirty. | 而且 已经两点半了 |
[08:35] | Oh, another day. | 啊 有够受的 |
[08:37] | It’s your chance. | 现在全靠你了 |
[08:39] | We’ll squeeze anything | 我们的命运就在 |
[08:40] | on Emerson Ray’s case. | Emerson Ray的案子上了 |
[08:42] | Well, his depos are in half an hour. | 我们半个小时后做证言笔录 |
[08:43] | I’m hoping if he is sympathetic, | 我希望如果他能赢得对方的同情 |
[08:45] | the tobacco company will feel compassion | 让烟草公司产生怜悯之心 |
[08:47] | and give us what we want. | 答应我们的要求 |
[08:50] | Are you ok, Bobby? | 你没事吧 Bobby |
[08:52] | He scared to death | 他因为Rachel Reynolds的 |
[08:53] | over the Rachel Reynolds case. | 案子紧张得要死 |
[08:55] | You are. | 对吧 |
[08:57] | Ellenor says the arresting cop is as honest as they can. | Ellenor说逮捕Rachel的警官非常可靠 |
[08:59] | He is. Jeffery Stuart is a good cop | 没错 Jeffrey Stuart是个好警察 |
[09:01] | and a good man. | 还是个好人 |
[09:02] | So how do you go about cross-examining a witness like that? | 你准备如何对这样的证人做交叉质询呢 |
[09:04] | Have you got anything to trick him up with? | 想好什么方案了吗 |
[09:07] | No. | 没有 |
[09:11] | You don’t. | 你是没有啊 |
[09:13] | Well, what I’m gonna try to do | 我的想法是 |
[09:15] | is asking a bunch of questions | 问他几个问题 |
[09:16] | where he’ll have to give me the answers I want, | 让他不得不给出我想要的答案 |
[09:18] | soft questions, but… | 温和的问题 但是… |
[09:20] | it’ll…it’ll let me get well with him, | 可以..可以拉近我跟他的距离 |
[09:22] | give the jury the illusion that I’m doing well. | 让陪审团觉得我表现得很好 |
[09:24] | Then somewhere during this illusion | 取得这样的印象 |
[09:26] | that I’m making headway. | 然后下一步 |
[09:27] | I’ve got to make headway, | 下一步我要继续 |
[09:28] | that’s the…that’s the part I haven’t | 下一步…下一步怎么办 |
[09:30] | I haven’t figured out yet. | 我还没有想好 |
[09:31] | Hey, nobody cross-examines like you. | 嘿 你的盘问技巧无人能比 |
[09:34] | I don’t…I don’t have a theme here. | 我还没…我还没想好主题 |
[09:35] | You’ll find one. | 你会想到的 |
[09:36] | What? In an hour? | 在一个小时之内? |
[09:39] | You’re scared. | 你真的怕了 |
[09:42] | You think it’s tough defending the guilty, Lindsay. | 你觉得为有罪的人辩护很不容易 Lindsay |
[09:45] | Try the innocent. | 试试无辜的人 |
[09:47] | It’s terrifying. | 令人恐惧 |
[09:53] | Spit. | 吐掉 |
[10:12] | I got nothing on this cop, | 我真不知道该怎么盘问这个警察 |
[10:13] | nothing to cross. | 不知道从哪里问起 |
[10:14] | Bobby, would you please relax? | Bobby 请你放松点好吗 |
[10:16] | I’m relaxed. | 我已经放松了 |
[10:29] | I don’t… | 呃 我… |
[10:31] | I don’t usually smoke. | 我平时不怎么抽烟 |
[10:33] | I actually quit. | 我实际上已经戒了 |
[10:36] | It’s just that I am… | 只是 因为我… |
[10:38] | I’m nervous. | 我有点紧张 |
[10:40] | Are you better when you are nervous? | 你紧张的时候会不会发挥得更好 |
[10:44] | Her parents were dead when she was three. | 三岁的时候 她父母过世了 |
[10:46] | I raised both Rachel and her brother. | Rachel和她哥哥都是我带大的 |
[10:49] | I didn’t get it done with Gerow. | 我没能把Gerow教好 |
[10:52] | But with Rachel, | 但是Rachel |
[10:53] | this is a good baby. | 她是个好孩子 |
[10:56] | I know. | 我知道 |
[10:57] | I did get it done with her. | 我尽到了我的职责 |
[11:02] | Now you got to get it done. | 现在到你尽你所能的时候了 |
[11:18] | It’s twenty past. | 已经过了二十分钟了 |
[11:20] | I’m sure it won’t be too much longer. | 我想不会再等很久了 |
[11:25] | They’re making us wait on purpose? | 他们是不是有意让我们等着 |
[11:28] | Um, they might be. | 呃 有可能 |
[11:32] | Hey, how you doing? Playing through. | 嘿 大家好吗 还不错吧 |
[11:35] | Salutations. | 向你们致敬 |
[11:38] | Look familiar? | 看着眼熟吗 |
[11:40] | I want to free these people at once. | 我想马上把这些人放了 |
[11:43] | Hey, Roland, | 你好 Roland |
[11:44] | Eugene Young Eugene Young. | |
[11:45] | I’m with Bobby Donnell. | 我是Bobby Donnell的同事 |
[11:46] | We file this brief on your behalf with the SJC. | 我们代表你向SJC提交了这份申请 |
[11:50] | Oral arguments are next week. | 口头辩论安排在下周 |
[11:53] | Give it a read. | 你看一下 |
[11:59] | Bobby will be checking in. | Bobby会来见你 |
[12:06] | Quiet down, quiet down. | 安静 安静 |
[12:10] | Just out of curiosity. | 纯粹出于好奇 |
[12:13] | Anybody here who didn’t do it? | 这里有谁是无辜的 |
[12:15] | I didn’t. I didn’t. | 我 我 我 |
[12:17] | I’m shocked. | 我太震惊了 |
[12:23] | They are ready, ms Dole. | 他们准备好了 Dole小姐 |
[12:24] | Would you follow me please? | 请跟我来吧 |
[12:42] | Ms Dole. | Dole小姐 |
[12:43] | Professor? | 教授? |
[12:45] | I suppose I should be flattered | 我想我应该觉得欣慰 |
[12:47] | that you finally taken an interest in tort law. | 你最终还是选择了有趣的侵权法 |
[12:49] | I’ve never expected that | 这倒是出乎意料 |
[12:51] | giving your fetish for the Constitution. | 要知道你是那么痴迷宪法 |
[12:53] | It could be some water please | 请给他们倒点水 |
[12:56] | You work here, at Finley? | 你在Finley事务所工作? |
[12:58] | I’ve joined the counsel. | 我是这里的律师 |
[13:00] | Oh you look just splendid. | 哦 你看起来光彩照人啊 |
[13:02] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:04] | Am I up against you? | 我们要做对手吗 |
[13:05] | Oh, you’ll enjoy it. | 哦 你会喜欢的 |
[13:06] | Mr. Ray, my pleasure. | Ray先生 幸会 |
[13:07] | I’m Anderson Pearson. | 我是Anderson Pearson |
[13:08] | I’ll be conducting today’s deposition. | 我主持今天的证言笔录 |
[13:10] | Hi. | 你好 |
[13:11] | I’m sorry to keep you waiting. | 抱歉让你们久等了 |
[13:13] | Come, we can begin. | 来吧 可以开始了 |
[13:17] | Small world. | 世界还真小 |
[13:18] | Yeah. Puny. | 是啊 太小了 |
[13:21] | And as we came into the defendant’s room, | 我们进到被告的房间 |
[13:23] | there she was. | 她就在房间里 |
[13:24] | What was she doing? Lieutenant? | 她当时在做什么 警官 |
[13:26] | She was sweeping with what appears to be | 她正忙着把一些小包的 |
[13:27] | small package of white powder substance into a pillowcase. | 看起来是白色粉末状的物质装进枕套 |
[13:31] | The defendant? | 你指的是被告? |
[13:32] | The defendant. | 正是被告 |
[13:34] | Where exactly was the pillowcase, Lieutenant, | 确切地说 警官 |
[13:36] | when you came into the position? | 枕套当时在哪个位置 |
[13:37] | It was in the defendant’s hands. | 在被告的手里 |
[13:40] | And was there anybody else in the room | 那么当你进去的时候 |
[13:41] | with the defendant when you came in? | 房间里还有其他人吗 |
[13:43] | No, there was not. | 没有 没有其他人 |
[13:44] | Thank you, Lieutenant Stuart. | 谢谢 Stuart警官 |
[13:46] | That’s all. | 我问完了 |
[13:51] | Lieutenant, when you arrested my client, | 警官 当你逮捕我的当事人的时候 |
[13:52] | did she say anything to you? | 她对你说什么了吗 |
[13:53] | -Objection. -Overruled. | -反对 -反对无效 |
[13:55] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[13:58] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[13:59] | You can answer the question, Lieutenant. | 请回答我的问题 警官 |
[14:01] | Did my client tell you anything? | 我的当事人跟你说了什么没有 |
[14:02] | She said the drug belonged to her brother. | 她说那些毒品是她哥哥的 |
[14:04] | As she heard us coming she tried to hide them | 她听到我们进去 想把毒品藏起来 |
[14:06] | to protect him. | 以保护她哥哥 |
[14:08] | And you didn’t believe her. | 你并不相信她是吗 |
[14:09] | No. | 不相信 |
[14:10] | The warrent for the raid was issued | 你们的搜查令针对的是 |
[14:12] | against the brother Gerow Reynolds. | 她哥哥Gerow Reynolds |
[14:14] | Yes | 是的 |
[14:14] | There was no warrent with respect to | 你没有针对Rachel Reynolds的 |
[14:16] | Rachel Reynolds, was there? | 搜查令 对吧 |
[14:17] | No. | 没有 |
[14:17] | Had you ever met Rachel Reynolds before, sir? | 你以前见过Rachel Reynolds吗 先生 |
[14:19] | No. I hadn’t. | 我没见过 |
[14:20] | Did you know anything about her | 在这次搜查之前 |
[14:21] | at all before this raid? | 你对她有任何的了解吗 |
[14:22] | No, I didn’t know. | 不 我不了解 |
[14:23] | So you don’t have any reasons go on | 所以 你其实没有理由认为 |
[14:24] | to think that she was a dishonest person, did you? | 她是个不诚实的人 对吧 |
[14:26] | No, I did not. | 是的 我没有 |
[14:27] | But even so, when she told you these weren’t her drugs, | 然而 当她告诉你那些毒品不是她的 |
[14:30] | you choose not to believe her. | 你却认为她是在说谎 |
[14:32] | That’s correct. | 是这样 |
[14:33] | I’m sure all the people you arrest | 我相信所有被你拘捕的人 |
[14:35] | have a story to tell, don’t they? | 都有一套说辞 对吧 |
[14:37] | They certainly do. | 当然 |
[14:37] | And most time, these people are lying. | 以你的经验 大多数情况下 |
[14:40] | Would that be your experience? | 他们都在撒谎 对吧 |
[14:41] | It would. | 是的 |
[14:42] | Your honor, I have to object. | 法官阁下 我不得不反对 |
[14:44] | This trail is about this case only. | 这些问题跟本案没有任何关系 |
[14:45] | Forgive me. But the witness made a judgment | 对不起 但是证人一定程度上 |
[14:47] | about the credibility of my client | 根据过去的经验 |
[14:49] | based in part as experience. | 对我的当事人的诚信做出判断 |
[14:50] | I’m entitled to explore that. | 我有权就此提问 |
[14:52] | Quickly please. | 请快点进入主题 |
[14:54] | When Rachel Reynolds told you | 当Rachel Reynolds告诉你 |
[14:55] | the drugs belong to her brother, | 那些毒品是她哥哥的 |
[14:58] | when she told you she was hiding them | 当她告诉你她把它们藏起来 |
[15:01] | to protect her brother, | 是为了保护她哥哥 |
[15:02] | when she told you these weren’t her drugs, | 当她告诉你那些毒品不是她的 |
[15:04] | you basically dismiss the denial | 你不相信她这些辩解 |
[15:06] | because most suspects | 是因为大多数嫌犯 |
[15:08] | lie in situations. | 在那种情况下都会撒谎 |
[15:10] | I think that’s fairness. | 我想可以这么说 |
[15:11] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[15:13] | You have two kids yourself, don’t you? | 你自己也有两个孩子 是吗 |
[15:14] | Yes, I did. | 是的 |
[15:15] | Both boy, seventeen, fourteen | 两个男孩 17岁和14岁 |
[15:17] | Yes. | 是的 |
[15:17] | -They are both good kids? -Yes. they are. | -他们都是好孩子 -是的 |
[15:19] | -You are proud of them? -Yes, I am. | -你以他们为荣 -是的 |
[15:20] | Ok. Suppose you walk into the older boy’s room one day | 好的 假设有一天你走进老大的房间 |
[15:24] | and you suddenly surprised him. | 突然出现在他面前 |
[15:26] | And there were drugs there. | 你看到房间里有毒品 |
[15:27] | -Your honor. -Overruled. | -法官阁下 -反对无效 |
[15:29] | Suppose there were drugs there. | 假设你看到房间里有毒品 |
[15:32] | And your son maintained that they weren’t his, | 你儿子辩解说那不是他的 |
[15:35] | that a friend of his in serious circumstances | 说是有个朋友因为 |
[15:37] | had brought them there | 担心自己的住处被搜查 |
[15:38] | in fear that his own house might be searched. | 而放在那里的 |
[15:41] | Truthfully, if there was no evidence | 请诚实地回答 如果没有相反的证据 |
[15:43] | to dispute your son’s version. | 证明你儿子在说谎 |
[15:45] | Would you have arrested him? | 你会逮捕他吗 |
[15:49] | Probably not. | 或许不会 |
[15:52] | Thank you. That was an honest answer. | 谢谢 你做了诚实的回答 |
[15:54] | I take it when your son tells you something, | 你的意思是 当你儿子告诉你某件事情 |
[15:57] | you are more likely than not to believe it’s true. | 你更倾向于相信他说的是事实 |
[15:58] | -Is that fair, Lieutenant? -Yes. | -是这样吗 警官 -是的 |
[16:00] | Ok. | 好的 |
[16:01] | Suppose you knew Rachel Reynolds | 假设你知道Rachel Reynolds |
[16:05] | to be just as honest as your son | 和你儿子一样诚实 |
[16:09] | and there was nothing to contradict her story, | 而且也没有证据显示她在说谎 |
[16:12] | would you place her under arrest? | 你还会逮捕她吗 |
[16:16] | I… | 我.. |
[16:18] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[16:20] | Again I appreciate your truthful response. | 再次感谢你诚实的回答 |
[16:22] | By the way, was there any physical testimony | 顺便问一句 有没有什么物证 |
[16:24] | or circumstantial evidences | 证人证言 或其它旁证 |
[16:25] | to contradict what Rachel Reynolds told you? | 证明Rachel Reynolds在说谎 |
[16:28] | No. | 没有 |
[16:29] | So, if this had been your son | 所以 如果是你的儿子 |
[16:32] | under the exact, same, factual scenario, | 处在同样的情形之下 |
[16:36] | Same evidence. | 同样的证据 |
[16:38] | we probably wouldn’t be | 我们可能根本 |
[16:39] | having a trail right now, would we? | 就不会有这个案子 是不是 |
[16:43] | Maybe not. | 或许不会 |
[16:44] | Thank you, Lieutenant. | 谢谢你 警官 |
[16:46] | That’s all I have. | 我问完了 |
[16:48] | Well, that was just a lovely set of assumptions. Lieutenant, | 那只是一系列不错的假设 警官 |
[16:53] | do you know Rachel Reynolds | 你是否知道Rachel Reynolds |
[16:55] | to be as honest as your own son? | 和你儿子一样诚实 |
[16:56] | No, I do not. | 不 我不知道 |
[16:57] | Did you believe her response to be honest | 当她否认与可卡因完全没有关系 |
[16:59] | when she denied any involvement with the cocain? | 你是否相信她的说法是诚实可信的 |
[17:01] | No, I did not. | 不 我不相信 |
[17:03] | Based on the circumstances, | 基于当时的情况 |
[17:04] | as well as your twenty years’ of experience | 以及你在波斯顿警局 |
[17:06] | in the office on the Boston police force, | 服务20年的经验 |
[17:08] | did you form an opinion as to her credibility? | 你是否能够对她的可信性做出判断 |
[17:11] | I believe she was lying. | 我认为她是在说谎 |
[17:12] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[17:13] | But under the exact same circumstances | 但是在同样的情形之下 |
[17:15] | you wouldn’t believe your son to be lying. | 你却并不认为你儿子在撒谎 |
[17:17] | You know what? Maybe I mispoke. | 听着 或许我刚才说错了 |
[17:21] | If I caught my son with drugs right in his hand, | 如果我看到我儿子手上拿着毒品 |
[17:24] | I’d like to think I’d believe my own son of course. | 我想我当然愿意相信自己的儿子 |
[17:27] | But the drugs were in his hand. | 但是如果毒品就在他手上 |
[17:28] | I don’t know counsel. | 我不知道 律师 |
[17:29] | Maybe I would think he was lying too. | 或许我也会认为他在撒谎 |
[17:32] | Is your son an honest person? | 你儿子是个诚实的人吗 |
[17:33] | Yes, he is. | 是的 |
[17:34] | But the stuff is in his hand. | 但是如果毒品在他手上 |
[17:35] | Then maybe it would be wrong for me | 或许我就不应该 |
[17:37] | to automatically believe him. | 不假思索地相信他 |
[17:39] | I had to let the facts speak for themselves. | 我必须让事实说话 |
[17:45] | Gee, I guess if you wouldn’t believe your own son. | 哇 我想你既然自己的儿子都不相信 |
[17:51] | Well, then Rachel Reynolds never had a chance with you, | 那Rachel Reynolds就更百口莫辩了 |
[17:53] | did she? | 是不是 |
[17:57] | That’s all. | 我问完了 |
[18:12] | Ok. Now it becomes stupid, in my opinion, | 听着 在我看来 如果不马上接受 |
[18:15] | not to jump on this. | 那真是太愚蠢了 |
[18:15] | You’re still saying I should plead guilty | 你还是在叫我认罪 |
[18:17] | when I didn’t do anything. | 但我根本没做错事情 |
[18:18] | Rachel, they are offering you four months. | Rachel 他们同意四个月 |
[18:20] | That is a summer vacation. | 只不过是个暑假的时间 |
[18:22] | Integrity aside, | 不管诚实与否 |
[18:23] | we cannot risk this. Listen to me. | 我们不能冒这个险 听我说 |
[18:25] | If I say I did it. | 如果我认罪了 |
[18:26] | If I say what they want me to say when it’s not true, | 如果我按他们的意愿说假话 |
[18:29] | I’ll never get over it, Mr. Donnell. | 我将永远都没法解脱 Donnell先生 |
[18:32] | It will stick with me for more than fifteen years. | 它将一直挥之不去 远不止15年 |
[18:34] | It will. | 一定会 |
[18:35] | -Honey. -Grandma, I’m sorry. | -亲爱的 -奶奶 对不起 |
[18:38] | Please don’t be mad at me. | 请不要生我的气 |
[18:39] | Oh, I’m not mad at you, baby. | 我没有生气 宝贝 |
[18:42] | I’m not mad at you. | 我不生气 |
[18:46] | I’m just scared. | 我只是害怕 |
[19:01] | When did your wife stop smoking, sir? | 你妻子什么时候停止吸烟的 先生 |
[19:04] | The day she died of heart attack. | 直到她死于心脏病那天 |
[19:06] | Oh, I see. | 哦 明白 |
[19:07] | You claim your wife smoke cigarettes for thirty years. | 你声称你妻子吸烟长达30年 |
[19:12] | Were you with her the day she began to smoke? | 她开始抽烟的时候你就和她在一起了吗 |
[19:15] | No. were you? | 没有 你呢 |
[19:18] | Do you know anybody that was with her | 你知道她开始抽烟的时候 |
[19:19] | the day she began to smoke? | 有谁和她在一起吗 |
[19:21] | Well that’s something probably only she could answer. | 这个问题恐怕只有她自己能回答 |
[19:23] | I guess it’s too bad she died. | 很遗憾她没法回答了 |
[19:25] | Mr. Ray. | Ray先生 |
[19:26] | I understand this is upsetting, sir. | 我理解你的心情 先生 |
[19:28] | And I apologize. | 我很抱歉 |
[19:30] | I’m just looking to obtain more detailed account. | 我只是需要了解更多的细节 |
[19:32] | The details are she is died. | 细节就是 她已经死了 |
[19:34] | You drag the thing out, hoping she would die, | 你们有意拖延 拖到她死 |
[19:37] | thinking maybe this case will go away. | 指望她死了 案件就了结了 |
[19:39] | Can we… | 我们能否.. |
[19:39] | You probably hope that I’ll be dead soon, too. | 你们也许希望我也尽快死掉 |
[19:41] | -Can we have a minute? -No more minutes. | -我们可以暂停一会吗 -不需要 |
[19:44] | I won’t die. | 我不会死的 |
[19:47] | I’ll live forever, | 我会一直活下去 |
[19:48] | if no other reasons to see this through. | 不为别的 就为了把这件事做个了结 |
[19:51] | Your client’s cigarettes killed my wife. | 你当事人的香烟杀死了我的妻子 |
[19:54] | And if I just stick this until the day I make it, I’ll do it. | 哪怕山穷水尽 我也不会放弃 |
[19:57] | I will never die. | 我会一直活下去 |
[20:03] | The record will reflect, the witness refuses to die. | 请记录下来 证人不肯死 |
[20:08] | He was afraid that my grandmother will search his room, | 他怕我奶奶搜查他的房间 所以 |
[20:12] | so he stocked these stuffs in mine. | 他把那些东西放在我的房间 |
[20:15] | And you took no steps | 你没有想办法 |
[20:16] | to move these stuffs did you, Rachel? | 把这些毒品弄走 对吧 Rachel |
[20:17] | Well, I ask my brother to take them out. | 我叫我哥哥把它们拿走 |
[20:19] | Yes, other than that, | 是的 除此之外 |
[20:20] | you took no steps | 你没有采取措施 |
[20:21] | to rid your room of this cocaine | 把这些可卡因从你房间弄走 |
[20:25] | No. | 没有 |
[20:26] | And you knew your brother | 而且你知道你哥哥 |
[20:26] | sold these cocaine on the streets, | 在街上贩卖这些可卡因 |
[20:28] | didn’t you, Rachel? | 是吗 Rachel |
[20:29] | Yes. | 知道 |
[20:30] | And by keeps these drugs in your room, | 把可卡因放在你的房间 |
[20:32] | this helped him to sell them | 实际上是帮助他贩卖可卡因 |
[20:33] | without getting caught. Isn’t that right? | 而不会被抓 对吗 |
[20:38] | Yes. | 是的 |
[20:39] | And when you were sweeping these into that pillowcase, | 当你把那些可卡因塞进枕套的时候 |
[20:43] | helping your brother again, | 又一次帮助你哥哥 |
[20:44] | you were trying to conceal the truth from the police, | 你是试图向警察隐瞒真相 |
[20:46] | won’t you? | 是不是 |
[20:48] | Yes. | 是的 |
[20:49] | And when a person conceals the truth, | 当一个人隐瞒真相的时候 |
[20:51] | is that in your opinion, honest or dishonest behavior? | 在你看来 是诚实还是不诚实的行为 |
[20:55] | I guess dishonest. | 我想是不诚实的 |
[20:57] | And Rachel, when your lawyer Mr. Donnell | Rachel 当你的律师Donnell先生 |
[20:58] | was questioning Lieutenant Stuart on the stand, | 在法庭上盘问Stuart警官的时候 |
[21:01] | he was asking him to suppose | 他要求Stuart警官假设 |
[21:02] | that you were just as honest as his own boy | 当他走进房间的时候 |
[21:04] | when Lieutenant Stuart came into that room. | 你跟他的儿子一样的诚实 |
[21:06] | Do you remember that line of questioning? | 你还记得他是这么问的吗 |
[21:08] | Yes. | 记得 |
[21:08] | In fact, you weren’t being honest | 事实上 当Stuart警官走进房间的时候 |
[21:10] | when Lieutenant Stuart came into your room, were you? | 你并不诚实 对吗 |
[21:11] | You were concealing the truth to protect your brother, | 你为了保护你哥哥而隐瞒真相 |
[21:14] | -won’t you? -Yes. | -对吗 -是的 |
[21:15] | So when you were concealing the truth to protect your brother, | 那么 当你隐瞒真相来保护你哥哥 |
[21:18] | might you act dishonestly to protect yourself? | 你是否也是在保护你自己 |
[21:20] | I’m saying what happened… | 我说过当时的情况是… |
[21:21] | The question I’m asking, Rachel, is this, | Rachel 我现在问你的问题是 |
[21:23] | if you would lie to protect your brother Gerow, | 既然你能够为了保护Gerow而撒谎 |
[21:26] | wouldn’t you also lie to protect yourself? | 你难道就不会为了保护自己而撒谎吗 |
[21:28] | Objection. The witness is being taunted. | 反对 控方在羞辱证人 |
[21:31] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[21:32] | -You asking this jury to believe -What are you doing? | -你想让陪审团相信 -你搞什么 |
[21:34] | you would lie to the police to protect your brother Gerow, | 你可以为了保护Gerow向警方撒谎 |
[21:36] | but you wouldn’t ever lie to protect yourself. | 但是绝不会为了保护自己而撒谎 |
[21:38] | I’m not lying here. | 我现在并没有撒谎 |
[21:40] | Ah, so, | 啊 那么 |
[21:42] | on some occasions you lie, | 有时候你会撒谎 |
[21:45] | but this is not in such occasion. | 但是现在你没有撒谎 |
[21:47] | Would that be fair? | 是这个意思吗 |
[21:57] | Yes. | 是的 |
[22:00] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[22:02] | I think we all got it. | 我想大家都听明白了 |
[22:06] | What the hell do you think you’re doing? | 你知道自己在干什么吗 |
[22:07] | Just jump up like that? | 就那样站出来反对? |
[22:08] | You just sit on your hands. | 你在袖手旁观 |
[22:09] | I’m trying this case. | 这个案子是我负责 |
[22:10] | She was confusing that Rachel would say | 她被问糊涂了 |
[22:12] | she was untruthful hiding the drugs. | 她说自己把毒品藏起来是不诚实的 |
[22:14] | Now, ** story, you should been flag the distinction… | 你应该指出两者的区别… |
[22:16] | I ** want to be object it. | 我有意地没有反对 |
[22:17] | I don’t want the jury to think | 我不想让陪审团以为 |
[22:19] | that we are hiding anything. | 我们隐藏了什么东西 |
[22:20] | Our whole case comes to they believe | 我们的关键就是说服他们相信 |
[22:21] | that Rachel is completely honest. | Rachel是个真正诚实的人 |
[22:23] | -How you doing, Frank? -How you doing? | -你好 Frank -你好 |
[22:25] | Hey, Danny. | 嗨 Danny |
[22:25] | If you ever do anything like that again, I swear to God… | 如果你再这么干 我发誓 |
[22:27] | What? What? You’re gonna fire me? | 怎么 怎么 你要炒我 |
[22:29] | Am I have to face possibility I haven’t a paycheck everyweek? | 让我每周拿不到薪水 |
[22:32] | You got something to say to me? Ellenor? Do you? | 你对我有意见 是吗 Ellenor |
[22:34] | Let’s keep this about the case. | 我们专心做这个案子 |
[22:36] | You’re second chair and you do what I tell you. | 你是我的副手 照我说的办 |
[22:44] | I was protesting NAFTA. | 我当时在抗议NAFTA |
[22:47] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[22:50] | I lost my job when they played down ** | 他们把我炒掉 |
[22:53] | so they could go to Mexico | 就是为了到墨西哥 |
[22:54] | for the cheap labour. | 去雇佣那些廉价的劳动力 |
[22:56] | I couldn’t stay silent on that. | 我没法忍气吞声 |
[22:59] | Mr. Holston, | Holsten先生 |
[22:59] | in my experience | 根据我的经验 |
[23:00] | genitalia rarely collides with sunlight | “小弟弟”可不会因为美国的贸易协议 |
[23:03] | because of US trade agreement. | 就想要出来晒晒太阳 |
[23:05] | I won’t do it again. | 我以后不会了 |
[23:06] | That’s what you said the last time. | 你上次也是这么说的 |
[23:08] | Last time I was going through a divorce. | 上次我正在闹离婚 |
[23:10] | Yes, because your wife finally had it | 是的 因为你妻子终于忍无可忍了 |
[23:13] | when in front of your own grandchildren, | 你当着自己孙子的面 |
[23:15] | you exposed yourself to Goldfield in disney land. | 在迪斯尼乐园对着灰姑娘脱裤子 |
[23:18] | I thought it was Pluto. | 我以为她是白雪公主 |
[23:24] | Look at me, Mr. Holston. | 看着我 Holsten先生 |
[23:28] | Do I look amused? | 我像在开玩笑吗 |
[23:31] | I have a lot of clients, | 我有很多客户 |
[23:32] | some of them are good people. | 其中有些人品不错 |
[23:34] | And they count on me to give them effective representation. | 他们指望我给他们做有效的辩护 |
[23:37] | To do that, I need my credibility, | 因此 我必须建立良好的信用 |
[23:40] | so that when I look at a judge or probation in they eye | 这样 当我正视着法官或假释官 |
[23:43] | and say that it won’t happen again, | 告诉他们”以后不会再犯了” |
[23:44] | I gotta believe that it won’t. | 我必须确信真的不会再犯了 |
[23:46] | Is this going to happen again? | 你还会再犯吗 |
[23:52] | Look at me. | 看着我 |
[23:57] | Will this happen again? | 你会不会再犯 |
[24:04] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[24:12] | Ok, | 好吧 |
[24:16] | we gotta get you some help. | 你需要治疗 |
[24:19] | I’m sorry for all the animosity. | 我为这些仇恨的态度道歉 |
[24:22] | Mr. Ray is become very frustrated. | Ray先生觉得非常沮丧 |
[24:24] | You needn’t to apologize. | 你用不着为他道歉 |
[24:26] | In your time of practice you’re dealing an element, | 你只是作为律师在代理案件 |
[24:30] | you’re just trying to be the best lawyer you can | 只是想尽心尽力做好你的工作 |
[24:32] | and navigate your client to ** through a process | 帮助你的当事人完成对他们而言 |
[24:35] | which is foreign to them. | 完全陌生的法律程序 |
[24:37] | But your case is unwinable, | 不过你的案子是不可能打得赢的 |
[24:39] | no doubt compunds frustration, both his and yours. | 你和他最后无疑都会沮丧而归 |
[24:44] | Well, I…I don’t think it’s unwinable. | 呃 我…我不认为我们打不赢 |
[24:47] | Lindsay, you’re butting hands | Lindsay 你们的对手 |
[24:49] | with a billion dollar tobacco company. | 是身家几十上百亿的烟草公司 |
[24:55] | I’m gonna tell you something off the record, | 我私底下向你透露些信息 |
[24:58] | friend to friend, ok? | 出于朋友关系 可以吗 |
[25:00] | Ok. | 好 |
[25:02] | Our defense strategy is not just prevail | 我们的诉讼策略不仅仅是 |
[25:05] | on the merits of the individual case, | 要赢得个案的胜诉 |
[25:07] | but to do so in such a manner | 更重要的在于通过个案 |
[25:09] | as to give pause to any future plaintiff, | 阻吓任何潜在的此类诉讼 |
[25:12] | if you follow me. | 懂我的意思吗 |
[25:14] | I don’t. | 我不懂 |
[25:15] | I’m sure you do. | 我相信你懂的 |
[25:16] | I should also tell you that | 我还可以告诉你 |
[25:18] | Michael’s on principle alone | Michaels公司的原则 |
[25:20] | refuses to pay anything. | 就是拒绝任何赔偿 |
[25:23] | The precedent is just too dangerous. | 这样的先例对我们太危险了 |
[25:25] | Well, then I guess we have nothing to discuss. | 既然这样 我们就没什么可以谈的了 |
[25:28] | No, no, no. Not so fast. | 不 不 别这么着急 |
[25:30] | I’m quite mindful that | 我很清楚地意识到 |
[25:32] | spending dollars to defend | 如果为了保住几分几毛钱 |
[25:35] | against nickles and dimes | 却花费了几块钱的话 |
[25:37] | defies economic logic. | 并不符合经济逻辑 |
[25:38] | Now, what I would like to do here | 所以 我现在的建议是 |
[25:41] | is book the bet if you will. | 我们私下了结此事 |
[25:43] | I beg your pardon? | 什么意思 |
[25:44] | You give me a release, | 你给我一份放弃索赔的函 |
[25:46] | I won’t even file it. | 我不会提交 |
[25:47] | I’ll put it in my dest drawer. | 只是放在我自己的抽屉里 |
[25:49] | I’ll give you 18000 from Finley not Michael’s. | 我给你一万八 由Finley事务所支付 |
[25:52] | It comes from Finley Hoag. | 与Michaels公司无关 |
[25:54] | We recruit from Michael’s later | 我们以后再以律师费的名义 |
[25:56] | bill it under legal fees. | 从Michaels公司收回这笔钱 |
[25:59] | Well, is that even legal? | 这样做难道合法吗 |
[26:01] | Yes, | 是啊 |
[26:03] | and who does it hurt? | 而且会损害谁的利益呢 |
[26:05] | Your client gets money | 你的当事人拿到一笔钱 |
[26:06] | otherwise what he wouldn’t see | 他本来一分钱都得不到 |
[26:08] | and my client makes a case | 我的当事人以低得多的成本 |
[26:10] | go away for far less cost. | 了结一桩诉讼 |
[26:11] | We have no precedent to worry about. | 我们没什么可以担心的 |
[26:16] | Eighteen is kind of low. | 一万八有点少了 |
[26:17] | Well, that’s all I’m gonna offer. | 哦 我只能给这么多 |
[26:20] | And that’s considerable more than nothing | 考虑到你们的案子必输无疑 |
[26:22] | which is the only alternative. | 这已经很不少了 |
[26:24] | I have to think about it. | 我需要考虑一下 |
[26:26] | All right. Fine. Fine. | 可以 好的 好 |
[26:35] | what are you doing? | 你知道自己在做什么吗 |
[26:36] | I’m sorry? | 什么 |
[26:38] | Bobby Donnell is a good practitioner, | Bobby Donnell是个不错的律师 |
[26:41] | don’t misunderstand me. | 别误会 |
[26:43] | But that’s what he is, a practitiioner. | 但是也就仅此而已 |
[26:45] | You studied to be a lawyer. | 你可以成为更好的 |
[26:48] | I…I don’t mean to be speak of turn. | 我…我不想多管闲事 |
[26:50] | It’s just… | 只是 |
[26:51] | I should hate to see you waste your gift. | 我不想看到你浪费自己的天分 |
[26:54] | And you do have a gift. | 你天分真的很好 |
[26:59] | I’ll review your offer with my client | 我回去跟当事人商量你的方案 |
[27:01] | and get back to you. | 然后给你回复 |
[27:05] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[27:10] | You want to run that by me one more time? | 你需要我再强调一遍吗 |
[27:12] | I want to say in my summation | 我是想在结案陈词时提出 |
[27:13] | that she was offered four months | 检方同意以4个月达成交易 |
[27:15] | -and that she turned it down. -He’s on something. | -而她拒绝了 -他真是异想天开 |
[27:16] | I also want the jury to know that a conviction | 我还想让陪审团知道 一旦罪名成立的话 |
[27:18] | means an automatic fifteen years. | 她将强制地被判15年监禁 |
[27:20] | I see. Any particular reason | 那么告诉我 你有什么理由 |
[27:22] | why the rules of evidence shouldn’t apply to you? | 可以不遵守证据规则呢 |
[27:24] | Well, sometimes the rules pervert things, judge. | 证据规则有时候并不合理 法官阁下 |
[27:25] | If plea bargin offers become admissalbe, | 如果交易的条件可以在庭上公开 |
[27:27] | DAs won’t make them. | 检方根本就不会开出这样的条件 |
[27:29] | She was good enough to offer you four months. | 四个月 检方已经仁至义尽了 |
[27:31] | if you want to shove that back down your throat. | 如果你想反悔的话.. |
[27:32] | The jury should know that | 陪审团应该知道 |
[27:34] | Rachle had the integrity to turn down ten months, | Rachel有勇气拒绝了10个月 |
[27:36] | -and then four months, -Don’t point at me. | -又拒绝了4个月 -不要指我 |
[27:37] | and that a conviction puts her away | 如果被定罪 她会被关进监狱 |
[27:38] | until she is thirty years old. | 一直到她30岁为止 |
[27:39] | Don’t you see that? | 你难道没意识到吗 |
[27:40] | What kind of fairness is that? | 这算哪门子公平呢 |
[27:41] | I just don’t understand… | 我真的不懂 |
[27:42] | You’re putting the system before a person’s life here. | 你把规则看得比一个人的一生还重要 |
[27:45] | Damn right I am. That’s why I wear the robe. | 太对了 这就是我穿上法袍的原因 |
[27:49] | Ok, suppose it just slips out, | 那么 假如我脱口而出呢 |
[27:51] | I’m doing my closing, stream of consciousness, | 在结案陈词的时候 下意识地说出来 |
[27:53] | that kind of thing, it just comes out. | 就像那样 脱口而出 |
[27:54] | Let me make this easy for you. | 让我来把事情变得简单明了 |
[27:56] | Breathe so much as a word about that | 你要是提到什么10个月 4个月 |
[27:59] | -ten or four months… -Now you’re pointing. | -哪怕一个字 -现在是你在指 |
[28:01] | I’m the judge, I get to point. | 我是法官 想指谁就指谁 |
[28:03] | So much as suggest anything about a plea bargin, | 你要是提到你们之间的辩诉交易 |
[28:06] | even hint of what the prison term would be, | 哪怕是暗示刑期会有多长 |
[28:08] | you’ll not only buy yourself a mistrial, | 你不仅将面临无效审判 |
[28:10] | but also a jail cell of your very own. | 你还会为此进监狱 |
[28:14] | Do you hear me, counsel? | 听清楚了吗 律师 |
[28:18] | Don’t test me. | 不信就试试看 |
[28:25] | Sticking togehter… | 互相支持 |
[28:28] | Sticking together… | 互相支持 |
[28:30] | No, no, no. | 不对 不对 |
[28:32] | She… | 她.. |
[28:33] | Rachel Reynolds’ only.. | Rachel Reynolds唯一的.. |
[28:38] | seventeen years old. | 17岁 |
[28:40] | I… | 我… |
[28:43] | If her brother… | 如果她哥哥.. |
[28:44] | She was…She was trying to help her brother… | 她只是.. 她只想帮她哥哥.. |
[28:47] | Her only crime… | 她唯一的罪过 |
[28:58] | Excuse me. | 对不起 |
[29:00] | What are yo doing? | 你在做什么 |
[29:02] | I’m just…I’m going over my closing. | 我在..我在准备结案陈词 |
[29:05] | Don’t you ever go home? | 你不用回家吗 |
[29:07] | No, do you? | 不用 你呢 |
[29:12] | How did it go with Emerson Ray? | Emerson Ray的案子怎么样 |
[29:14] | Oh, fine, they won’t… | 哦 很好 他们不.. |
[29:15] | It’s going fine. | 很好 |
[29:20] | -Can I ask you something? -Um. | -可以问个问题吗 -嗯 |
[29:23] | Do you have a girl friend? | 你有女朋友吗 |
[29:27] | What? | 什么 |
[29:28] | Oh, I…I don’t mean for me. | 哦 我..我没别的意思 |
[29:30] | I just… | 我只是.. |
[29:31] | Well, sometimes I… | 呃 有时候我.. |
[29:33] | I get inscure that, you know, | 我觉得没安全感 |
[29:36] | like seven or eight years or so, | 不知道七八年以后 |
[29:38] | I’ll be alone pacing my office | 我会不会一个人呆在办公室 |
[29:40] | and like talking to myself and that… | 踱着步 自言自语 然后.. |
[29:44] | Oh, I dind’t mean that the way it came out, | 哦 我不是那个意思 |
[29:45] | I really didn’t. | 真的不是 |
[29:50] | You are worried that you will end up like me. | 你担心 有一天会变成我这样 |
[29:53] | No, no, no, no, no. I…I just meant that… | 不 不 不 我..我的意思是 |
[29:55] | It’s not that it’s any of your business, but I… | 虽然这跟你没什么关系 不过 |
[30:01] | I’m in between relationships. | 我交过几个女朋友 |
[30:06] | And the reason I’m in my office talking to myself is | 我之所以在办公室自言自语 |
[30:10] | if I don’t give the closing | 是因为如果我不全力以赴地投入 |
[30:14] | of my life tomorrow, | 明天的结案陈词上 |
[30:16] | a seventeen-year-old girl loses hers. | 一个17岁的女孩子的生活就会被毁了 |
[30:25] | probably for ever. | 或许永远被毁了 |
[30:31] | I really didn’t mean it the way it came out. | 我刚刚真的不是那个意思 |
[31:08] | Is it typed up? Is it typed up? | 打印好了吗 打印好了吗 |
[31:10] | -Double space.. -Jury instruction | -双倍行距 -陪审团指示 |
[31:11] | is my blue suit there? | 我的蓝色西装在吗 |
[31:13] | I need the blue suit, | 我要穿蓝色西装 |
[31:14] | I close in blue… | 我穿着蓝色西装做结案陈词.. |
[31:16] | Is it in there? | 在不在 |
[31:16] | Relax! | 放松 |
[31:17] | Relax, don’t tell me to relax, | 放松 不要叫我放松 |
[31:19] | why should I relax? | 我怎么能放松 |
[31:20] | She’s seventeen years old. | 她才17岁 |
[31:25] | Relax. | 放松 |
[31:29] | Relax. | 放松 |
[31:32] | Spit. | 吐掉 |
[31:35] | There’re causation problems. | 因果关系很难证明 |
[31:36] | I’m just afraid of getting nothing. | 我担心我们一分钱都得不到 |
[31:37] | Eighteen is low even for nuisance. | 一万八无论如何太少了 |
[31:39] | Here is what I think. | 我是这么考虑的 |
[31:41] | Their lawyers used to be one of my professors. | 他们的律师是我以前的老师 |
[31:42] | He told me off the record, | 他私底下跟我说 |
[31:44] | Michael’s refuses to offer anything, | Michael公司拒绝任何赔偿 |
[31:46] | it’s policy. | 这是他们的原则 |
[31:47] | But, I think because of our relationship, | 但是 我觉得他看在我的情面上 |
[31:49] | he is willing to throw me eighteen, | 他愿意赔一万八 |
[31:50] | paid by Finley | 由Finley事务所承担 |
[31:51] | and then bill the cost | 他们以后再以律师费的名义 |
[31:52] | in legal fees to Michael’s. | 从Michael公司收回来 |
[31:54] | What time is your meeting? | 你的会面安排在什么时间 |
[31:56] | What? | 怎么了 |
[31:57] | I’m coming to the meeting. | 我跟你一起去 |
[31:58] | -I didn’t accept it. -What time? | -我还没接受他的条件 -什么时间 |
[32:00] | -I said I’d think about it. -What time? | -我只是说我在考虑 -什么时间 |
[32:01] | 4:15. I didn’t accept. | 四点十五分 我没接受他的条件 |
[32:03] | We can’t put the drug dealers away, | 我们没法赶走毒贩 |
[32:05] | We can’t keep the street safe for our children. | 我们没能为孩子们维护街道的安全 |
[32:08] | Crime is winning. | 犯罪日益猖獗 |
[32:09] | Well, you know what? | 但是你们知道吗 |
[32:10] | It is hard getting convictions. | 给罪犯定罪可没那么容易 |
[32:14] | But if we don’t get this one… | 但是如果本案都不能定罪 |
[32:16] | caught with the drugs right in her hand, | 手里拿着毒品被抓个正着 |
[32:18] | straight value of a hundred thousand dollars, | 价值高达10万元 |
[32:21] | caught stuffing cut off baggie of | 当时她正把已经打开的 |
[32:23] | cocain into a pillow case, | 一袋可卡因塞进枕套 |
[32:24] | if we can’t even convict here… | 如果这样都还不能定罪 |
[32:34] | Mr. Donnell says that’s all they have, | Donnell先生说 检方只有这一点证据 |
[32:37] | my poor client was arrested | 我可怜的当事人之所以被拘捕 |
[32:39] | just because | 仅仅是因为 |
[32:41] | she had the drugs in her hand, | 她手里拿着毒品 |
[32:43] | how awful. | 多冤枉 |
[32:44] | That is like saying | 这就好比说 |
[32:46] | the police arrest the guy for murder | 警察拘捕了杀人凶手 |
[32:48] | just because when they heard the shots, | 仅仅因为 当他们听到枪响时 |
[32:50] | he was standing over the dead body | 看到他站在尸体旁边 |
[32:52] | with a smoking gun | 手里拿着还在冒烟的枪 |
[32:53] | and it just isn’t fair. | 而这样还是不够 |
[32:56] | Use your common sense. | 用你们的常识想一想 |
[32:58] | She lied for her brother, | 她帮她哥哥撒谎 |
[33:00] | she admitted she was dishonest, | 她承认自己并不诚实 |
[33:02] | she was shoving cocain into a sack. | 她在往口袋里塞可卡因 |
[33:07] | You know, there is a saying among defense attorneys: | 在辩护律师当中流传着这样的说法 |
[33:11] | Juries are made up of twelve people | 陪审团由12个蠢货组成 |
[33:14] | who are too stupid to get out of jury duty. | 根本没有能力履行陪审团的责任 |
[33:18] | So how? Even if your client is caught cold, | 所以 即便你的当事人被逮个正着又如何 |
[33:21] | don’t give up. | 不要放弃 |
[33:22] | You got no case, no defense, | 就算你没有辩护理由 |
[33:24] | you still got a jury. | 但还有陪审团呢 |
[33:29] | That woman facilitated drug trafficing. | 那名女子协助了毒品交易 |
[33:32] | It’s very simple. | 就这么简单 |
[33:33] | You know what has to be done. | 你们知道该怎么做 |
[33:38] | People today laugh at juries, | 如今的人们经常嘲笑陪审团 |
[33:41] | I hope they don’t laugh at this one. | 我希望他们没有机会嘲笑你们 |
[34:22] | You know I…I came back to my office the other day | 有一天 我..我回到办公室 |
[34:26] | and I found one of my associates in tears. | 看到有个同事泪流满面 |
[34:31] | She had just won this suppression hearing | 她刚刚赢了一场”非法证据排除”的听证 |
[34:33] | and she was upset over the career prospect | 对于帮毒品贩子脱罪这样的职业前景 |
[34:36] | of putting drug dealers back on the street, | 她感到无比的迷茫 |
[34:38] | coz that’s we do a lot. | 我们的确经常干这样的事情 |
[34:41] | When you do criminal defense work, | 作为刑事辩护律师 |
[34:43] | you spend a lot of time trying to help guilty people. | 你大部分时间都在帮助那些有罪的人 |
[34:47] | After a while, it just… | 要不了多久 你会.. |
[34:49] | it just wares on you | 你就会变得非常厌倦 |
[34:51] | to the point where you think | 以至于你会想 |
[34:52] | why the hell do you do it? | 我究竟为什么要从事这份职业 |
[34:56] | You wanna know why I do it? | 知道我为什么从事这个职业吗 |
[35:02] | That’s why. | 那就是原因所在 |
[35:06] | Because every once in a while, | 因为时不时地 |
[35:10] | you get one, | 你会遇到这样的人 |
[35:13] | an innocent person, | 一个无辜的人 |
[35:16] | someone who has been accused of something | 一个没有犯罪的人 |
[35:18] | he or she didn’t do. | 却被错误地提出指控 |
[35:21] | And it becomes up to me | 于是我要挺身而出 |
[35:23] | to fight for their fight. | 为他们而战 |
[35:26] | Rachel Reynolds only crime here | Rachael Reynolds唯一的罪过 |
[35:29] | was trying to help her brother. | 只是想帮助她的哥哥 |
[35:33] | And who amongst us can’t understand that? | 这有什么不对的呢 |
[35:35] | That may be the essence of family, isn’t it? | 这或许正是家庭的本质所在 不是吗 |
[35:38] | Sticking together | 互相支持 |
[35:39] | Sometimes beyond the point of reason. | 有时候甚至不那么理智 |
[35:42] | Now you can choose to believe her, | 你们可以选择不相信她 |
[35:44] | I can’t stop you. | 我没法阻止你们 |
[35:46] | You can give in to the same kind of jaded cynicism | 你们可以像Stuart警官一样 |
[35:50] | that Lieutenant Stuart didn’t think, | 带着愤世嫉俗的偏见说 |
[35:51] | “hell they all lie”. | “他们全都撒谎成性” |
[35:53] | But if you do that, | 但如果你们这么做 |
[35:55] | the only thing you prove here today is that | 那么你们只证明了一件事 |
[35:57] | you don’t know Rachel Reynolds. | 那就是你们不了解Rachel Reynolds |
[36:00] | I know her. | 我了解她 |
[36:08] | I… | 我 |
[36:09] | know her. | 了解她 |
[36:13] | I know her. | 我了解她 |
[36:17] | You see that girl there, | 你们看到的这个女孩 |
[36:22] | you know, I tried to teach her something | 老实说 在办理这个案件的过程中 |
[36:24] | during this trial, | 我试图教她些道理 |
[36:25] | some basic real truth. | 一些基本的 真正的道理 |
[36:31] | And she ended up teaching me. | 结果最后变成她教会了我一些道理 |
[36:35] | She’s got an integrity | 她的诚实正直 |
[36:37] | bigger than this room. | 大过这座法庭 |
[36:41] | Now I see you…I see you looking at her. | 我注意到..我注意到你们在看着她 |
[36:44] | And if you would, | 如果你们不介意 |
[36:46] | I’d like you now look at me. | 请你们转向我 |
[36:54] | See, you may not know this, | 你们或许不知道 |
[36:56] | but lawyers have to… | 律师在辩护的过程中 |
[36:59] | have to play by certain rules when they try a case. | 必须遵循特定的规则 |
[37:01] | You violate one of these rules | 你要是违反了这些规则 |
[37:03] | and boom, mistrial. | 砰 无效审判 |
[37:04] | A lawyer could even be thrown into jail. | 律师甚至会因此进监狱 |
[37:09] | One such rule says | 其中一条规则是这样的 |
[37:11] | a lawyer can’t knowingly put up false evidence. | 律师不能故意提供虚假证据 |
[37:14] | He can’t something to the jury he knows to be untrue, | 他不能向陪审团陈述明知虚假的事实 |
[37:17] | which means, believe it or not, | 这意味着 不管你们相不相信 |
[37:18] | I can’t stand here before you, | 如果我明知我的当事人有罪 |
[37:21] | and say that my client is innocent of the crime charge | 我就不能站在你们面前 |
[37:23] | if I know otherwise. | 宣称她是清白的 |
[37:25] | Oh I can say other things. | 我可以说其它的问题 |
[37:27] | I can say the State didn’t meet it’s burden. | 我可以说控方没有完成举证责任 |
[37:29] | It didn’t prove guilt. | 没有证明被告有罪 |
[37:31] | It didn’t satisfy the standard of beyond all reasonable doubt. | 没有达到排除所有合理怀疑的标准 |
[37:33] | I can say those things. | 这些是我可以说的 |
[37:35] | But I can’t stand here before your both faces | 但是 如果我明知 |
[37:37] | and say she didn’t commit the act | 她实施了某个行为 |
[37:40] | if I know that statement to be false. | 我不能站在你们面前说她没有 |
[37:43] | That’s the rules. | 这就是规则 |
[37:49] | Ladies and gentlemen, | 女士们 先生们 |
[37:54] | Rachel Reynolds did not commit the crime. | Rachel Reynolds没有实施犯罪行为 |
[38:02] | Rachel Reynolds is innocent. | Rachel Reynolds是清白的 |
[38:10] | Rachel Reynolds is innocent. | Rachel Reynolds是清白的 |
[38:17] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:32] | That wasn’t an neogotiation, | 这不是什么谈判 |
[38:34] | it’s a gift. | 算是一个礼物 |
[38:37] | I’m throwing you a bone. | 我们给了你一块”骨头” |
[38:39] | It’s just that…uh… | 只不过 呃 |
[38:41] | well, I was looking for a bigger bone. | 我想要更大的”骨头” |
[38:45] | I see. | 是吗 |
[38:46] | And tell me, why have you brought along Mr. Yong? | 那么 为什么叫Young先生跟你一起来 |
[38:51] | Oh, I asked to come. | 哦 是我自己要来的 |
[38:52] | You sound so good, I just had to see for myself. | 你听起来如此善良 我得亲自膜拜一下 |
[38:57] | Is there a problem, sir? | 有问题吗 先生 |
[38:59] | Well, trying to exploit an influence over a former student | 利用老师的身份欺负以前的学生 |
[39:03] | goes a little low with the line. | 未免有点下流 |
[39:05] | I wasn’t awared your firm drew lines. | 我没想到你们律所还入流 |
[39:10] | Let’s not be silly. | 别犯傻了 |
[39:13] | Finley Hoag has 342 attorneys. | Finley Hoag拥有342名律师 |
[39:18] | Our client has ten more firms on retainer, | 我们的当事人还聘请了其它10家律所 |
[39:22] | ready to defend agaisnt this kind of precedent. | 随时准备对付这一类的案件 |
[39:29] | At a minimum, | 最保守的估计 |
[39:30] | this suit will cost you a quarter | 要打完这场诉讼 |
[39:32] | of million dollars to prosecute. | 你们至少要花费25万美元 |
[39:33] | Who is going to afford that? | 谁来出这笔钱 |
[39:35] | You? Mr. Ray? | 你? Ray先生? |
[39:38] | For a case that can’t be won? | 为这样一场不可能打赢的官司? |
[39:40] | Who said it can’t be won? | 谁说打不赢的 |
[39:44] | You have some secret strategy | 你有什么独门秘技吗 |
[39:47] | unknown to any other law firm in the world? | 有什么不为其他任何律所知道的秘诀吗 |
[39:50] | We cheat. | 我们玩阴的 |
[39:54] | I think there is a smell. | 我闻到了一丝气味 |
[39:57] | I beg your pardon? | 什么 |
[39:58] | Well, the jury takes a bit of this, a bit of that, | 陪审团东听一句 西听一句 |
[40:01] | guess kind of a hunch for the truth. | 猜测事实真相 |
[40:02] | They are gonna smell your client, | 他们会闻闻你们的当事人 |
[40:03] | smell ours, | 嗅嗅我们的当事人 |
[40:05] | smell you, smell me. | 审视你 审视我 |
[40:06] | Kind of like scrathing sniff litigation. | 就像是嗅探器 |
[40:09] | See, you don’t think we’re up to you, | 你对我们不屑一顾 |
[40:11] | think we can’t go toe to toe with the big boys. | 以为我们根本不是对手 |
[40:13] | Maybe you’re right. | 或许你是对的 |
[40:14] | But standing right here right now, | 不过我现在站在这里 |
[40:20] | it smells good. | 味道好极了 |
[40:25] | Your offer is rejected, professor. | 我们拒绝接受你的方案 教授 |
[40:28] | Thanks again for the bone. | 再次谢谢你的”骨头” |
[40:38] | -Maybe over a coffee… -Lindsay. | -或许喝杯咖啡… -Lindsay |
[40:42] | It was a great close, Bobby. | 结案陈词相当精彩 Bobby |
[40:44] | I mean, completely objectional | 我们提出那样的观点 |
[40:45] | arguing our opinion, | 其实控方完全可以反对 |
[40:46] | but you pulled it off. | 但是你成功了 |
[40:47] | She couldn’t object, she would look bad. | 她不敢反对 会引起陪审团反感 |
[40:49] | It’s gonna be quick, it’s gonna be quick, quick, quick. | 会很快的 会非常 非常快 |
[40:51] | Which way? | 对我们好还是不好 |
[40:51] | On that, I don’t have a clue. | 我一点也不知道 |
[40:55] | Gesus. ** | 天哪 这么快 |
[40:56] | They’re back? | 他们回来了? |
[40:58] | Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me. | 借过 借过 |
[41:01] | I did. I paged Rachel. | 我打了 我呼了Rachel |
[41:03] | They’re coming from **… | 她们正赶过来 |
[41:04] | You think twenty minutes. | 应该20分钟就到 |
[41:05] | Ok, ok, ok, relax. | 好的 好的 别激动 |
[41:09] | -They have a verdict? -Already? | -陪审团做出判决了? -这么快? |
[41:10] | A hour and ten minutes. Is that good? | 1小时10分种 好事还是坏事 |
[41:13] | -Very good ** -**. | -非常好 -不太好 |
[41:19] | I get the clerk’s office, Bec, 5550106, | 我有书记员办公室的电话 5550106 |
[41:22] | ask for John Powels, | 找John Pauers |
[41:24] | I wonna know as soon as they read it. | 我要在他们宣布判决的时候马上就知道 |
[41:25] | Hour and ten minutes, must because it’s friday. | 1小时10分 或许是因为今天是星期五 |
[41:29] | Good evening. | 晚上好 |
[41:30] | I have Eugene Young for John Pauers, please? | Eugene Young找John Pauers 谢谢 |
[41:50] | What does it mean? What does it mean? | 这是什么意思 这是什么意思 |
[41:52] | We’re gonna know in a minute. | 我们马上就知道了 |
[42:08] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[42:24] | Miss Reynolds, I’ll ask you to stand please. | Reynolds小姐 请起立 |
[42:31] | Madam Fourperson, | 首席陪审员女士 |
[42:32] | has the jury reached a verdict? | 陪审团做出一致的判决了吗 |
[42:35] | Yes, your honor. | 是的 法官阁下 |
[42:36] | I’ll now ask you to read your verdict. | 请立即宣读你们的判决 |
[42:54] | On the charges of unlawful possesion | 对于非法持有 |
[42:57] | with the intent to distribute drugs, | 并意图贩卖毒品罪的指控 |
[43:00] | pursuant to section 469, Massachusetts criminal law, | 根据马萨诸塞州刑法第469条 |
[43:07] | we the jury find the defendant Rachel Reynolds, | 陪审团判决被告Rachel Reynolds |
[43:14] | not guilty. | 无罪 |
[43:17] | Members of the jury, this completes your service. | 陪审团成员 你们的职责完成了 |
[43:19] | And you are free to go as the defendant. | 你们可以解散了 被告当庭开释 |
[43:23] | Adjoured. | 休庭 |
[44:08] | Hey, taxi. | 出租车 |
[44:11] | Mr. Donnell, thank you, | Donnel先生 谢谢你 |
[44:13] | not just for winning, | 不仅是因为打赢了官司 |
[44:15] | but for those words you said. | 还有你说的那些话 |
[44:18] | I hope I live up to them. | 希望我能真正做到你说的那样 |
[44:22] | You know you have, Rachel. | 你已经做到了 Rachel |
[44:23] | Just stay your course, | 你只要坚持做你自己 |
[44:25] | your course. | 坚持你的原则 |
[44:27] | I promise that. | 我保证 |
[44:28] | Stop the car! | 停车 |
[44:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[44:35] | I’ll see you later. | 再会 |
[44:37] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[44:44] | Grandma, are you coming? | 奶奶 快来 |