时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | Susan Susan. | |
[00:03] | -Go away. -Just hear me out | -离我远点 -听我说 |
[00:05] | I got nothing else to say, | 我没什么可说的 |
[00:06] | I’m taking the heat for hearing you out. | 我已经因为你挨批了 |
[00:08] | They’re mad upstairs | 我把条件降到10个月 |
[00:09] | that I comped it to ten. | 他们已经很不高兴了 |
[00:10] | The DA won’t budge on Rachael Reynolds. | Rachel Reynolds的检察官不肯让步 |
[00:12] | Dan Moore** pay, | Dan Moore不付律师费 |
[00:14] | which put it personally I could use, | 我还指望着这笔钱 |
[00:16] | coz, the landlord has threatened to evict us again, | 因为房东又威胁要赶我们走 |
[00:19] | and, and it’s 2:30 | 而且 已经两点半了 |
[00:20] | Another day. | 有够受的 |
[00:23] | Quiet down, quiet down | 安静 安静 |
[00:26] | Just out of curiousity | 纯粹出于好奇 |
[00:28] | Andbody here who did’t do it? | 这里有谁是无辜的? |
[00:32] | I’m shocked. | 震惊到我了 |
[00:35] | So when you were concealing the truth to protect your brother, | 那么 当你隐瞒真相来保护你哥哥 |
[00:38] | might you act dishonestly to protect yourself? | 你是否也是在保护自己? |
[00:40] | Objection. The witness is being taunted. | 反对 控方在骚扰证人 |
[00:42] | If you ever do anything like that again, I swear to God… | 如果你再这么干 我发誓 |
[00:44] | What? What? You’re gonna fire me? | 怎么 怎么 你要炒了我 |
[00:46] | Am I have to face the possibility I haven’t a paycheck everyweek? | 让我每周拿不到薪水 |
[00:48] | You got something to say to me? Ellenor? Do you? | 你对我有意见吗 Ellenor 是吗 |
[00:50] | Let’s keep this about the case. | 我们专心做案子 |
[00:53] | You’re scared. | 你真的怕了 |
[00:56] | You think it’s tough defending the guilty, Lindsay. | 你觉得为有罪的人辩护很不容易 Lindsay |
[01:00] | Try the innocent. | 试试无辜的人 |
[01:02] | It’s terrifying. | 令人恐惧 |
[01:05] | I did not exceed 60, | 我没有超过60码 |
[01:06] | this I can say with absolute certainty. | 对此我百分之百地肯定 |
[01:08] | How can you be so sure of that, Mr. Parks? | 你怎么能这么肯定呢 Parks先生 |
[01:11] | Well, first off, I have two small children | 呃 首先 我有两个小孩 |
[01:14] | and, uh, I am not in the habit of driving at excessive speeds. | 所以 呃 我没有超速驾驶的习惯 |
[01:17] | But second, I just picked up a cup of coffee. | 其次 我刚刚买了一杯咖啡 |
[01:20] | Now I customarily put my coffee | 我像往常一样 |
[01:21] | in the little holder on the door. | 把咖啡放在车门的固定器上 |
[01:24] | And how is that relevant? | 这跟案件有什么关联 |
[01:26] | Well it’s relevant in that my car shimmies | 关联在于 一旦超过55码 |
[01:29] | if I go over 55, | 我的车子就会晃动 |
[01:31] | and coffee would have been splattering everywhere. | 咖啡就会溅得到处都是 |
[01:33] | Now I’m sure that the officer is conscientious in his job | 我知道那位警官工作很认真负责 |
[01:36] | but on this occasion he was mistaken. | 不过这次他搞错了 |
[01:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[01:41] | Did you uh say anything to the officer | 警官给你开传票的时候 |
[01:44] | when he issued the citation? | 你对他说了什么没有 |
[01:45] | Hearsay. | 传闻证据 |
[01:46] | Hey! Traffic court! | 嘿 这是交通法庭 |
[01:48] | What did you say to Officer Grote, Mr. Parks? | 你对Grote警官说什么了 Parks先生 |
[01:50] | Well, I was upset at being unjustly cited | 我很不爽 因为被无理地传唤 |
[01:54] | and in addition, he was making me late for work, | 而且 他害得我上班要迟到了 |
[01:56] | so I likely communicated my annoyance. | 所以 我可能表达了一些不满 |
[02:00] | Did you tell him Alan Dirschowitz was your lawyer | 你是否告诉他 Alan Dirschowitz是你的律师 |
[02:02] | and he would prove that all cops | 他会证明所有的警察都接受过专门训练 |
[02:04] | are trained to lie under oath? | 知道在作证时撒谎 |
[02:08] | I don’t believe I said he was my personal attorney. | 我应该没有说过他是我本人的律师 |
[02:12] | Did you call Officer Grote a pus infected donkey | 你是否称Grote警官 |
[02:17] | with the moral fiber of a disposable douche? | 是一头”无可救药的蠢驴” |
[02:20] | I don’t…that’s something of a non-secular. | 我不…那太低俗了 |
[02:23] | I don’t think I would have said that. | 我想我不会说那样的话 |
[02:24] | Well, did you opine that the reason | 还有 你是否说过 |
[02:26] | women and children were being raped and killed | 妇女和儿童之所以会被强奸和杀害 |
[02:29] | was because fat donkeys like him | 正是因为像他这样的蠢驴 |
[02:30] | were too busy pinching speeders | 忙于抓捕超速驾车 |
[02:32] | when they should be fighting serious crime? | 而不去打击真正的犯罪 |
[02:34] | I am a tax payer. I have a right to my opinion. | 我是纳税人 我有权发表我的观点 |
[02:37] | Is any of this at all relevant? | 这些跟案件有任何关联吗 |
[02:39] | No. Guilty. | 没有 罪名成立 |
[02:40] | See probation. Next case. | 缓刑 下个案子 |
[02:44] | Pay you!? Why the hell should I pay you? | 付钱 我他妈的凭什么要付钱 |
[02:46] | This is my third appearance. | 这是我第三次出庭了 |
[02:47] | Yeah, and you’re 0 for 3. | 是啊 三次全都输掉了 |
[02:48] | What kind of squathead do you think I am? | 你以为我是笨蛋吗 |
[02:50] | I’m getting a little sick of you. | 你有点让我恶心了 |
[02:51] | Oh, so you’re sick? So go puke. | 恶心? 那去吐好了 |
[02:52] | Listen, I’m the client, | 听着 我是你的当事人 |
[02:54] | maybe your only one. | 说不定是唯一的一个 |
[02:55] | I’ll garnish your wages. | 我要扣划你的工资 |
[02:57] | I’ll give you something to garnish! | 我等着你来扣划 |
[03:00] | Taxi. | 出租车 |
[03:01] | Hey, how you doing jumbo? | 嘿 你好吗 大傻 |
[03:02] | Go get that donut, huh? | 去吃炸面圈 嗯? |
[03:05] | Garnish my wages? | 扣划我的工资 |
[03:11] | Where to? | 去哪里 |
[03:15] | I just want to turn a corner. | 我只想拐个弯 |
[03:18] | Don’t we all? | 谁不是呢 |
[04:08] | A TRO for what? | 针对什么的临时禁令 |
[04:10] | To keep him away. | 要求他不得接近 |
[04:10] | Given the history of physical abuse in his… | 考虑到他曾经虐待… |
[04:13] | What history? | 什么虐待 |
[04:14] | There’s no documented proof that he’s… | 没有书面证据证明他… |
[04:16] | I like to talk in whole sentences. | 请让我把话讲完 |
[04:18] | There’s been no suggestion of abuse in the pleadings. | 诉状中没有提及虐待 |
[04:20] | That’s because were in no fault, | 因为这是无过错离婚案 |
[04:21] | plus which for the sake of the kid… | 而且 为了照顾孩子的利益… |
[04:22] | Kids, kids. Stop using the kid as **. | 孩子 孩子 不要再利用孩子了 |
[04:24] | Is it in the best interest of the kid to restrain his father? | 限制父子见面难道最符合孩子的利益吗 |
[04:27] | Permission to smack him, judge. | 法官阁下 请允许我扇他 |
[04:28] | Hey! Don’t intimidate me! | 嘿 别恐吓我 |
[04:30] | Mr. Colson, | Colson先生 |
[04:31] | why don’t you let Mr. Young say what he has to say | 为什么不听Young先生把话说完 |
[04:33] | before squealing like a distressed little pig? | 别像个气急败坏的小猪一样乱叫 |
[04:38] | Would that be acceptable? | 你觉得可以吗 |
[04:41] | Fine. | 可以 |
[04:44] | We didn’t allege violence | 我们没有提及暴力问题 |
[04:45] | because we hoped that this wouldn’t get ugly. | 因为我们不想把事情弄得太难堪 |
[04:47] | Mm, and now? | 嗯 现在呢 |
[04:49] | It’s ugly. | 已经很难堪了 |
[04:50] | Your honor, divorced couples typically behave | 法官阁下 离婚的夫妇 |
[04:53] | in an antagonistic manner towards each other | 通常都会互相敌视 |
[04:55] | and it does not behoove this court to intervene | 法庭没有必要草率地发布禁令 |
[04:58] | -by issuing rash restraining orders -How long do these people… | -来加以干涉 -还要等多久 |
[05:01] | Excuse me. Now who’s interrupting me? | 对不起 现在是谁在打断我说话 |
[05:03] | I was behooved? | 我有必要打断 |
[05:04] | Shut up! | 闭嘴 |
[05:06] | Mr. Colson! | Colson先生 |
[05:09] | Your Honor, he does this on purpose. | 法官阁下 他是故意的 |
[05:11] | He goes to get my goat. | 他故意激怒我 |
[05:12] | And he gets it. He gets it every time. | 而且他得逞了 每次都得逞 |
[05:14] | I understand. | 我知道 |
[05:15] | Mr. Young, | Young先生 |
[05:15] | I’m not going to allow your client to revise the facts. | 我不同意你的当事人修改事实 |
[05:19] | The pleadings will speak for themselves. | 以诉状中的陈述为准 |
[05:21] | He keeps physically threatening her | 他一直暴力威胁她 |
[05:22] | and you won’t allow it? | 你竟然不发布禁止令? |
[05:23] | Mr. Colson, instruct your client | Colson先生 告诉你的当事人 |
[05:26] | to stop with the threats and intimidation, | 不得再威胁或恐吓 |
[05:28] | otherwise the TRO will issue | 否则我将签发临时禁令 |
[05:29] | and he will not see his child. | 他就别想再见他的孩子了 |
[05:35] | Commonwealth versus Kenneth Hanks, | 马萨诸塞州诉Kenneth Hanks |
[05:37] | unlawful possession with intent to distribute controlled substances. | 非法持有并意图销售违禁物品罪 |
[05:41] | We’ll waive reading, what’s left of it. | 我们放弃宣读没读完的部分 |
[05:43] | Plead not guilty. | 做无罪辩护 |
[05:45] | I’d ask the court for a probable cause hearing. | 我请求法庭安排正当诉由听证 |
[05:47] | You ready this afternoon? | 今天下午可以吗 |
[05:48] | Uh, sure. | 呃 当然 |
[05:49] | See if you can get the officer in. | 看你能不能安排警官到庭 |
[05:52] | All right. | 没问题 |
[05:53] | Great. | 好极了 |
[05:57] | Oh Lindsay! | 哦 Lindsay |
[05:58] | Busy. | 忙着呢 |
[05:59] | Oh come on! One little probable cause hearing. | 哦 拜托 一个小小的正当诉由听证 |
[06:02] | You’ll be done in an hour. | 你一个小时就能搞定 |
[06:03] | Sorry, I’m fighting the tobacco industry this week. | 抱歉 这个星期我要跟烟草业对掐 |
[06:05] | No, no, no. You’re the exclusionary queen here | 不 不 不 你是这里的证据排除专家 |
[06:06] | and I need you. | 我需要你 |
[06:07] | I’ve got cocaine, vehicle search | 这个案子涉及可卡因 车辆搜查 |
[06:08] | Oh, you know what, Ellie? | 你知道吗 Ellie |
[06:09] | My mother’s birthday was Sunday | 我妈星期天过生日 |
[06:11] | and I promised her | 我答应过她 |
[06:12] | I wouldn’t put any crackheads back on the streets this week, | 这个星期不会帮任何毒贩脱罪 |
[06:14] | otherwise I… | 否则我… |
[06:15] | That’s very cute, very, very cute. | 你真是孝顺 非常非常孝顺 |
[06:16] | But I’m serious about this. | 不过我跟你说正经的 |
[06:17] | I think we have grounds. | 我觉得我们有把握 |
[06:18] | And it’s extra 5 for us | 而且如果了结得快 |
[06:19] | -if we squash it really fast. -Ellenor? | -我们还可以多得律师费 -Ellenor |
[06:21] | Yeah? | 嗯 |
[06:21] | Do you know anything about this | 你知不知道这个 |
[06:23] | “single, white, female, attorney, 30…” | “单身白人女律师 30岁” 是怎么回事 |
[06:24] | Where did you get this? | 你从哪儿弄来的 |
[06:25] | It was on the computer. | 放在电脑上的 |
[06:28] | Oh, oh, yeah, no, I, I have a client | 哦 哦 对 不是 我 我有个当事人 |
[06:32] | who’s suing a dating service. | 她在起诉婚姻介绍所 |
[06:34] | I was just…uh…you know, | 我只不过…呃…你瞧 |
[06:36] | typing all the evidence into a file. | 把证据录成文档 |
[06:37] | Oh. | 哦 |
[06:40] | What oh? What, | 哦什么 怎么 |
[06:42] | do you think you know like every minor detail | 你觉得自己对事务所里发生的一切 |
[06:44] | that goes on in this office? | 都明察秋毫吗 |
[06:45] | Evidently not. | 当然不是 |
[06:48] | We’re shutting down the practice. | 我们准备关门停业了 |
[06:51] | Get your resumes out there. | 准备出去投简历吧 |
[06:52] | I’ll try to string out 3 more weeks. | 我尽量再撑三个星期 |
[06:53] | Yes, fine. | 好的 行 |
[06:54] | You have a suppression hearing scheduled in 12 minutes. | 12分钟之后 你有个证据排除听证会 |
[06:56] | You see this? | 看到这个了吗 |
[06:57] | Huh? Eviction notice! | 嗯 驱逐通知 |
[07:00] | These are the kinds of things that happen | 当你付不起租金 |
[07:01] | when you can’t make the rent, | 就会遇到这种事 |
[07:02] | which is the kind of thing you can’t make | 而当事人不付律师费 |
[07:04] | when clients don’t pay. | 我又拿什么付租金 |
[07:06] | Are we anywhere close | 烟草公司的案子 |
[07:07] | to settlement on the tobacco case? Tell me. | 有没有希望达成和解 告诉我 |
[07:09] | Hah! | 啊哈 |
[07:10] | Right. | 真棒 |
[07:10] | We’re shutting down again. | 我们又要关门了 |
[07:11] | Oh that’s nice. Anything decaf for me? | 好啊 我能分点脱因咖啡不 |
[07:12] | I’m serious. I’ve had it. | 我说真的 我受够了 |
[07:14] | We can’t keep juggling like this. | 我们没办法这样硬撑下去了 |
[07:16] | You haven’t had it. | 你没有受够 |
[07:16] | Don’t tell me you’ve had it | 在你还没有受够的时候 |
[07:17] | when you haven’t had it! | 别跟我说你受够了 |
[07:18] | I’ve had it with you being had it! | 我倒是受够了你老说自己受够了 |
[07:20] | Eugene, Ruth Gibson. | Eugene 是Ruth Gibson |
[07:22] | It’s trouble. | 出事了 |
[07:39] | Made out he was looking for social security card, | 他说是要找社会保险卡 |
[07:42] | said he had to look everywhere. | 说是要找遍每个角落 |
[07:44] | Couldn’t leave until he found it. | 不找到他就不走 |
[07:47] | Did he touch you? | 他对你动手没有 |
[07:49] | No. But… | 没有 但是 |
[07:50] | Oh God. | 哦 上帝 |
[07:52] | Hey son, | 嘿 小朋友 |
[07:54] | Peter pan…I always liked him. | 彼得潘 我一直都喜欢他 |
[07:57] | I’m Robin Hood | 我是罗宾汉 |
[08:00] | Right. | 是啊 |
[08:03] | uh how long was he here? | 他在这儿呆了多久 |
[08:06] | Long enough to do all this, | 反正足够把这里搞得一团糟 |
[08:09] | and look, | 过来看 |
[08:11] | he stabbed it. | 他把刀插在这里 |
[08:13] | Uh…What? | 什么 |
[08:15] | My cervical cap. | 我的子宫帽 |
[08:17] | He put a kitchen knife through it. | 他用菜刀把它刺穿了 |
[08:19] | All right. We’re going back to court. | 好 我们回去找法官 |
[08:21] | Can I keep this? | 这个我可以拿走么 |
[08:22] | It won’t be doing me much good. | 我留着也没有用 |
[08:25] | Keep your doors locked, use your deadbolt. | 把门锁好 插上插销 |
[08:27] | I’ll have somebody pick you up | 我会派人来接你 |
[08:33] | Everything’s ok Mike. | 不会有事的 Mike |
[08:35] | What if he hurts us? | 他要是伤害我们怎么办 |
[08:38] | I’m going to make sure that won’t happen. | 我保证不会让他伤害你们 |
[08:48] | Now listen to me Lyle, whatever happens, | 听着 Lyle 不管发生什么情况 |
[08:50] | you stay completely calm. | 你要保持绝对冷静 |
[08:52] | Well, how’s it going to go? | 情况会怎么样 |
[08:53] | We’ll make our arguments. | 我们会提出我们的意见 |
[08:54] | When the DA is making hers, | 当检察官陈述她的意见时 |
[08:56] | you stay quiet, Lyle. | 你别说话 Lyle |
[08:59] | Then after, the judge will either make his ruling | 然后 法官要么当庭裁决 |
[09:02] | or take it under advisement, | 要么再考虑一段时间 |
[09:03] | probably the latter. | 可能是后者 |
[09:06] | Will we win? | 我们能赢吗 |
[09:07] | We should. | 我们有机会 |
[09:08] | And if we suppress the video tape, | 如果我们能把录影带排除掉 |
[09:10] | you’re home free. | 你就自由了 |
[09:11] | It’s their whole case. | 这是检方唯一的证据 |
[09:12] | The victim couldn’t make you, | 被害人没法指证你 |
[09:13] | so without the tape. | 所以 如果没有录影带 |
[09:14] | that’s why we stay completely calm. | 正因为这样 我们必须保持绝对冷静 |
[09:23] | I find the evidence to be admissible. | 本庭判定此证据可以呈堂 |
[09:25] | Your honor, given the inflammatory nature of that video tape, | 法官阁下 考虑到录影带的煽动效果 |
[09:28] | I don’t even know how… | 我确实不… |
[09:29] | it shows what he did, counsel. | 录像记录了他所干的事 律师 |
[09:30] | Putting a gun to the temple of a person, | 用枪指着别人的太阳穴 |
[09:32] | an elderly person, | 一位老人家 |
[09:33] | robbing a grocery store. | 抢劫了杂货店 |
[09:34] | That’s what’s inflammatory. | 这些是够煽动的 |
[09:36] | Your honor, | 法官阁下 |
[09:36] | if the jury views that tape, they might… | 如果陪审团看到录影带 他们可能… |
[09:39] | They might get an idea of what actually happened, | 他们可能会了解事情的真实经过 |
[09:41] | God forbid. | 太糟糕了 |
[09:42] | The tape is admitted. | 录影带可以呈堂 |
[09:43] | You son of a bitch! | 你个狗娘养的 |
[09:45] | You don’t care what you’re doing. You don’t give a damn! | 你他妈胡来 完全胡来 |
[09:48] | Put him back in lockup! | 把他关回去 |
[09:49] | Your honor, | 法官阁下 |
[09:50] | now we ask you that you recuse yourself | 鉴于我的当事人对你进行人身攻击 |
[09:52] | given my client’s attack on your safety. | 我现在要求你回避这个案子 |
[09:53] | I am not recusing myself, counsel. | 我不会回避这个案子 律师 |
[09:55] | And I’m sure your client is very distraught | 我知道你的当事人非常焦虑 |
[09:58] | and I promise to be understanding. | 我保证对此予以理解 |
[10:00] | I’ll consider him misunderstood. | 我认为他是误会了 |
[10:02] | Trial set for Wednesday next. | 周三开庭审理 |
[10:04] | We’ve adjourned. | 现在休庭 |
[10:13] | So are you ever going to tell me? | 嗯 你不打算跟我说说么 |
[10:15] | Tell you what? | 说什么 |
[10:18] | About our new client, | 我们的新当事人 |
[10:20] | the one placing the personal ad. | 打征婚广告的那个 |
[10:23] | Lawyer-Client privilege. | 律师—当事人保密特权 |
[10:26] | Ellenor, there is nothing wrong with it. | Ellenor 这没什么不对的 |
[10:33] | I know. | 我知道 |
[10:35] | There’s…uh… there’s nothing wrong with | 我…我不想谈这个问题 |
[10:37] | not wanting to talk about it either. | 也一样没什么不对啊 |
[10:39] | It’s…uh… | 我觉得…呃… |
[10:43] | it’s embarrassing. | 我觉得很丢人 |
[10:45] | My best friend met her husband that way. | 我的闺蜜就是这样认识她丈夫的 |
[10:48] | I was thinking about it too. | 我自己也有这个打算 |
[10:51] | It’s no big deal. | 没什么大不了的 |
[10:52] | Rebecca Rebecca, | |
[10:56] | it’s embarrassing. Okay? | 我觉得很丢人 明白吗 |
[11:01] | Why am I here? | 叫我来做什么 |
[11:02] | I told you, to help me get this loan. | 跟你说了 帮我得到这笔贷款 |
[11:04] | This guy’s a buddy of mine. | 这家伙是我的朋友 |
[11:05] | This you told me. | 这些你说过了 |
[11:05] | I asked why am I here… | 我问的是 为什么叫我来… |
[11:06] | Sh. Just don’t worry. | 嘘 不要担心 |
[11:07] | Hey Jimmy! | 嘿 Jimmy |
[11:11] | 70 thousand?! | 7万块? |
[11:12] | I’m doing 90. | 我要还9万 |
[11:13] | With the usurious rates you got… | 按照你们那种高利贷的利率… |
[11:14] | Come on. Cut me a small break, do ya? | 让我稍稍喘口气 行不 |
[11:15] | Hello Jimmy! Do I ask for much? | 嘿 Jimmy 我的要求很过分么 |
[11:17] | You ask all the time Bobby. | 你一直在索要 Bobby |
[11:19] | I give like a cow. | 我像头奶牛一样付出 |
[11:19] | I’m growing udders here. | 我都要长出乳房来了 |
[11:21] | We’re very close to settling | 我们告TL Michaels公司”不当死亡”的案子 |
[11:22] | a wrongful death against TL Michaels. | 马上就可以达成和解了 |
[11:23] | My associate here, Lindsay Dole, is handling the case. | 我的同事Lindsay Dole在处理这个案件 |
[11:26] | Do I look like I’ve got a brain tumor? | 我看起来像脑袋长瘤了吗 |
[11:27] | You think I think you’re going to squeeze a tobacco company? | 你以为我会相信你们能告倒烟草公司吗 |
[11:30] | I’m not as stupid as he thinks. | 我没他想得那么傻 |
[11:31] | Things are changing. We’ll settle | 情况不一样了 我们能够和解 |
[11:33] | Even if you got half a mill, | 即便你能得到50万的赔偿 |
[11:34] | which you won’t, | 何况你得不到 |
[11:36] | that’s 150 on the contingency. | 那么你们的律师费是15万 |
[11:38] | Divided by costs, fees for effort, | 扣除成本 各种费用 |
[11:39] | you’d be lucky to even clear 70, much less pay it back. | 你能留下7万就不错了 根本不够还贷 |
[11:42] | What, you’re the legal expert now? | 怎么 你现在成法律专家了 |
[11:43] | Maybe I should throw you the case. | 也许我该把这个案件交给你做 |
[11:44] | I know what their thing is worth. | 我了解这一行 |
[11:46] | I used to be a lawyer, remember? | 我曾经当过律师 记得吗 |
[11:47] | A terrible lawyer? | 蹩脚的律师? |
[11:50] | Jimmy, you never won a case! | Jimmy 你连一个案子都没打赢过 |
[11:52] | Suck up to me, that’ll help. | 拍拍我的马屁 或许管用 |
[11:54] | Excuse me, are you two related? | 我插一句 你们两个很熟吗 |
[11:56] | No, just friends. So I thought. | 不 只是一般朋友 我以为 |
[11:58] | And this tobacco case, I looked at the file claims. | 而且这个烟草公司的案子 我看了案卷 |
[12:00] | The victim never had an autopsy… | 死者从未做过尸检… |
[12:02] | The lesion was caused by vascular disease, caused by smoking. | 抽烟导致血管系统疾病 继而造成损害 |
[12:06] | There’s a new craze jimmy, it’s called reading. | 现在有个新潮流 Jimmy 多读书 |
[12:08] | I read! | 我读了的 |
[12:09] | You have no experts just the doctor | 你除了医生之外没有其他专家证人 |
[12:11] | Hey! What is going on here? | 嘿 你们怎么回事 |
[12:19] | He’s asking me to loan out on a dog, that’s what’s going on. | 怎么回事 他要求我违规贷款给他 |
[12:24] | Forget it. Alright Jimmy? Forget it! | 拉倒 好吧 Jimmy 拉倒 |
[12:36] | I am still loathe to issuing a restraining order. | 我还是不同意签发禁止令 |
[12:38] | How can you be loathe? | 你怎么还不同意 |
[12:39] | He vandalized her house. He threatened her again. | 他砸了她的家 再次威胁她 |
[12:42] | He stabbed her diaphragm with a kitchen knife. Look at this! | 他用菜刀刺穿了她的避孕膜 你看这个 |
[12:45] | Can I see that? | 拿给我看一下 |
[12:53] | I have seen a diaphragm before. My wife has one. | 我见过避孕膜 我妻子就有一个 |
[12:56] | But this looks like a thimble. | 但是这个看起来像个套管 |
[12:58] | He stabbed a rubber thimble! | 他只是刺穿了一个橡皮套管 |
[13:00] | Are you trying to confuse this court? | 你想糊弄法庭吗 |
[13:02] | Your honor, uh, I believe that is a cervical cap. | 法官阁下 呃 我想那是子宫帽 |
[13:05] | It’s different from a diaphragm. | 跟避孕膜不同 |
[13:08] | How? | 怎么不同 |
[13:09] | -Well a cervical cap is… -What difference does it make? | -嗯 子宫帽是… -管它是什么 |
[13:11] | He stabbed the thing. | 反正他把它给刺穿了 |
[13:12] | It’s just lucky she wasn’t wearing it at the time. | 谢天谢地 她当时没使用它 |
[13:14] | Your honor, Mr. Gibson has promised to seek therapy. | 法官阁下 Gibson先生保证去接受治疗 |
[13:18] | He feels deep remorse for… | 他深感自责… |
[13:20] | Deep remorse? He doesn’t feel the slightest thing. | 深感自责? 他有一丝自责才怪 |
[13:22] | He’s deranged. He’s dangerous. | 他精神错乱 他很危险 |
[13:24] | He represents a significant threat to my client’s safety | 他对我的当事人的人身安全构成重大威胁 |
[13:28] | Quiet please. | 安静 |
[13:29] | Does your client wish to press charges on the vandalism? | 你的当事人希望提出破坏财物的诉请吗 |
[13:32] | What good would that do? | 有什么必要呢 |
[13:34] | Listen, you gotta show imminent threat of bodily harm. | 听着 你必须证明存在身体伤害的迫切危险 |
[13:36] | Do I have to drag her in here in a body bag | 难道非要等我把她装在裹尸袋里拖过来 |
[13:38] | for you to find against… | 你才肯… |
[13:39] | Hey. Are you going to hurt her? | 嘿 你会不会伤害她 |
[13:41] | Absolutely 100% No. | 绝对 百分之百 不会 |
[13:45] | Mr. Young, show me a bruise. | Young先生 向我展示点伤痕 |
[13:48] | Come in with a couple of stitches. | 带着几针缝线来找我 |
[13:50] | Something more than a punctured cervical cap! | 不能光是刺穿的子宫帽 |
[13:53] | Now, Mr. Gibson, | Gibson先生 |
[13:55] | you go in that house without an invitation, | 你未经允许进入原告的住宅 |
[13:57] | its trespassing. | 这是非法入侵 |
[13:58] | It’s my place too. | 那也是我的家 |
[13:59] | No it isn’t. You stay out. | 不 不是的 你不准进去 |
[14:00] | I’ve just been waiting for a chance to paste you. | 我一直在等待机会收拾你 |
[14:03] | I don’t think you want to give it to me. | 我相信你不想给我这个机会 |
[14:08] | 6 years? | 六年? |
[14:09] | If we can get it. | 如果能争取到的话 |
[14:10] | Armed robbery, you could get life. | 持械抢劫 你可能被判终生监禁 |
[14:13] | 6 would be a great result, trust me. | 六年是个不错的结果 相信我 |
[14:16] | For who? For you? | 对谁来说 对你吗 |
[14:17] | So you don’t gotta look at me no more? | 这样你就可以摆脱我了? |
[14:21] | What’s your problem, Lyle? | 你有什么问题 Lyle |
[14:22] | My problem is I don’t trust you. | 我的问题是我不信任你 |
[14:25] | You were assigned to this case. | 你是被法庭指派的 |
[14:27] | I’m just a piece of snot | 对你来说 我就像堆鼻涕 |
[14:28] | you want to blow out your left nostril and be done with. | 你巴不得早点甩掉 好趁早脱身 |
[14:30] | Hey don’t flatter yourself, alright? | 别抬举自己了 好不好 |
[14:32] | You put a gun to an 80 year old lady’s head. | 你拿枪指着80岁老太太的头 |
[14:35] | If my snot was up to your level, | 说你是堆鼻涕 |
[14:37] | I’d be on antibiotics and you can trust that. | 那都是对你莫大的夸奖 |
[14:40] | You wanna fire me? Please do. | 你要换律师吗 求之不得 |
[14:48] | But as long as I’m assigned to your ass, | 但是只要我还是你的辩护律师 |
[14:52] | I have an ethical obligation | 我就有职业操守上的责任 |
[14:54] | to present you with your best legal options, | 必须向你提供最佳的法律选择 |
[14:57] | which is what I’m doing. | 这就是我正在做的 |
[14:58] | I haven’t even got it down to 6 years yet. | 我甚至还没有争取到六年 |
[15:00] | You should only be so lucky. | 如果你有那么走运的话 |
[15:09] | Excuse me, it’s 20 past. | 怎么回事 已经20分了 |
[15:11] | We’re not going till half past. | 我们要到半点才开始 |
[15:12] | Well it might be nice to have | 要是在开始前能跟我讲一下案情 |
[15:13] | some hint of the facts before… | 可能会有用 |
[15:14] | Ok, look, we’ve got vehicle search | 好吧 是这样 车辆被搜查 |
[15:16] | with a container in the trunk. | 行李箱中有个箱子 |
[15:17] | You’ve done this in your sleep, Lindsay. | 你闭着眼睛都能做 Lindsay |
[15:19] | So why can’t you take care of it? | 既然这样 为什么你自己不做 |
[15:20] | I just don’t have your gift for constitutional analysis. | 我没有你那么精通宪法分析 |
[15:24] | You owe me. | 你欠我个人情 |
[15:25] | I owe ya. | 我欠你的 |
[15:27] | I observed the vehicle to be weaving in an erratic manner. | 我注意到车子行驶时摇摆不定 |
[15:30] | I suspected the driver to be under the influence of alcohol | 我怀疑司机喝了酒 |
[15:33] | or other substances | 或者吸过毒 |
[15:34] | and I pulled him over. | 于是我把他拦下来了 |
[15:35] | And when you went to the car? | 当你靠近车子 发生了什么事 |
[15:37] | I smelled a slight odor of marijuana | 我闻到轻微的大麻气味 |
[15:39] | and I saw some marijuana seeds on the consul. | 看到座椅上有一些大麻籽 |
[15:41] | Mm. And what did you do then Officer Trimble? | 嗯 然后你采取了什么措施 Trimble警官 |
[15:45] | I placed the suspect under arrest | 我拘捕了嫌犯 |
[15:47] | and I searched the vehicle, | 并搜查了汽车 |
[15:48] | incident to the arrest. | 作为拘捕行为的附带搜查 |
[15:49] | That’s when I found the cocaine | 然后我在汽车的行李箱里 |
[15:51] | in the trunk of the vehicle. | 发现了可卡因 |
[15:53] | Were there any other occupants in this vehicle sir? | 当时车上还有没有其他人 警官 |
[15:55] | No, there were not. | 没有 没其他人 |
[15:56] | And did you check the registration on this vehicle sir? | 你有没有查过这辆车的登记情况 警官 |
[15:59] | I did. The defendant was listed as the owner. | 查过 被告正是登记的车主 |
[16:02] | thank you. | 谢谢 |
[16:08] | You pulled him over on suspicion of DUI? | 你因为涉嫌酒后驾车把他拦下来的? |
[16:11] | That is correct. | 是的 |
[16:12] | And you detected a slight odor of marijuana? | 然后你闻到轻微的大麻气味? |
[16:15] | Yes I did. | 是的 |
[16:17] | Which told you what? | 你据此得出什么结论 |
[16:19] | That he had probably just finished smoking some marijuana. | 他可能刚抽过一些大麻 |
[16:23] | Then you opened the trunk, saw the briefcase? | 然后你打开行李箱 发现公文包? |
[16:26] | That’s correct. | 是的 |
[16:27] | And you opened the briefcase, discovering cocaine? | 然后你打开公文包 发现了可卡因? |
[16:30] | Yes. | 是的 |
[16:32] | Is that what you were looking for? Cocaine? | 这就是你要搜查的东西吗 可卡因 |
[16:39] | This was just a general search. | 这是一般性搜查 |
[16:41] | Incident to the arrest. | 基于拘捕行为的附带搜查 |
[16:45] | So you didn’t say to yourself | 那么 当你闻到大麻气味的时候 |
[16:46] | when you smelled the pot | 并没有想到 |
[16:47] | “Boy we’ve got a big drug dealer here”? | 好家伙 我们逮住了一个大毒贩 |
[16:49] | No, I did not. | 没有 没想到 |
[16:51] | It was kind of innocent search? | 这只是一次普通的搜查 |
[16:53] | You were surprised to find the cocaine? | 你发现可卡因时觉得很惊讶 |
[16:55] | I was not looking to find cocaine. That is correct. | 我不是专门搜查可卡因 是这样的 |
[16:58] | And when you opened that container, | 当你打开公文包的时候 |
[16:59] | did you say “Oh MY!” | 有没有惊呼”哦 天哪” |
[17:00] | Objection! | 反对 |
[17:03] | Withdrawn. Nothing further. | 收回 我问完了 |
[17:05] | Witness may step down. | 证人请退庭 |
[17:10] | So what do you think? | 你觉得怎么样 |
[17:11] | What do we know about this judge? | 你对这个法官了解多少 |
[17:13] | Well, Dukakis appointed him. | 嗯 他是Dukakis指定的 |
[17:15] | He’s a strict constructionist. | 属于对宪法做严格解释那一类 |
[17:16] | Can we conference, your honor? | 法官阁下 可否去你的办公室商议一下 |
[17:18] | He had no right to go into the trunk. | 他无权搜查行李箱 |
[17:21] | Wimberly versus Superior Court | 在Wimberly诉高等法院一案中 |
[17:23] | distinguishes casual users from drug dealers. | 对偶尔吸毒者和毒贩做出了区别 |
[17:25] | This officer’s testimony was clear. | 警官的证词很清楚 |
[17:27] | He concluded my client was smoking pot in the car. | 他认为我的当事人在车内吸大麻 |
[17:30] | Casual use. | 这是偶尔吸毒 |
[17:31] | That entitles him to search the car, | 因此他有权搜查车内 |
[17:32] | but not the trunk. | 但无权搜查行李箱 |
[17:33] | First of all, she’s citing a Californian case. | 首先 她引用的是加州的判例 |
[17:35] | Californian judges themselves are casual users. | 加州的法官们自己都会偶尔吸毒 |
[17:38] | Funny. You want more precedents? | 搞笑 你要听更多判例么 |
[17:39] | US versus Nielsen, | 合众国诉Nielsen案 |
[17:41] | 10th circuit, 1993. | 第十巡回法庭 1993年 |
[17:42] | Officer smelled burnt marijuana. | 警官闻到大麻燃烧的气味 |
[17:43] | Car search okay, trunk not okay. | 搜查车辆合法 搜查行李箱非法 |
[17:45] | US versus Seals, 5th Circuit. | 合众国诉Seals案 第五巡回法庭 |
[17:47] | And here you really wobble. | 在本案中对你更不利的是 |
[17:48] | He not only went into the trunk, | 他不仅搜查了行李箱 |
[17:50] | he opened a container. | 还打开了里面的箱子 |
[17:51] | Chadwick? We’ve all read that one. | Chadwick案 我们应该都知道吧 |
[17:53] | You want me to reel off all the cases | 你要我举出所有那些判例 |
[17:54] | saying that the search is constitutional? | 来证明搜查不违宪吗 |
[17:56] | Coz I can do that. | 我完全可以 |
[17:57] | No, no, no. Uh…I don’t. | 不 不 不 呃 不必了 |
[17:59] | Look, I’ve been cut back to one law clerk | 我现在只有一个书记员 |
[18:02] | and I’m not going to waste two weeks of her time | 我不想浪费她两周时间 |
[18:04] | researching this pimple. | 来研究这样鸡毛蒜皮的案子 |
[18:06] | I’ll certify it to appeals. | 如果你真要坚决打下去的话 |
[18:07] | You can draft your briefs, | 我可以移交给上诉法院 |
[18:09] | go upstairs and argue it | 你们可以准备好书面材料 |
[18:10] | if that’s what you really want to do. | 到上诉法院去陈述你们的意见 |
[18:12] | But on such a small amount of coke, | 不过就如此少量的可卡因而言 |
[18:14] | I hardly think it’s worth the time. | 我认为不值得花这个时间 |
[18:15] | So, what then? | 那么 您的意见是 |
[18:16] | Well, let’s plead him to the mis. on the marijuana, | 我建议被告认下吸食大麻 |
[18:19] | also uh plead guilty to the DUI. | 此外再认下吸毒后驾车 |
[18:21] | I’ll uh continue the cocaine charge | 关于可卡因的罪名 |
[18:23] | without a finding for a year. | 我会拖到一年以后再判 |
[18:24] | If he’s a good boy, | 如果他表现良好 |
[18:26] | then the count will be dropped altogether. | 则该项指控予以撤销 |
[18:28] | I’m not thrilled about junking a cocaine possession. | 我不想放跑一个持有可卡因的毒贩 |
[18:31] | I understand, but let’s be real. | 我理解 但是请面对现实 |
[18:32] | Even Scalea might squirm on this one. | 连斯卡利亚可能都会放过这个案子 |
[18:35] | You did no blood tests by the way, | 再说了 你们没有做血液检测 |
[18:37] | so you could even have trouble with the marijuana. | 所以即便是大麻的罪名都未必成立 |
[18:39] | Fine. Whatever. | 好吧 随便 |
[18:44] | No, that’s fine. | 没问题 很好 |
[18:47] | Go and be good citizens. | 走吧 做个好市民 |
[18:52] | Unbelievable! | 牛逼 |
[18:53] | For somebody who hates criminal law, | 作为一个讨厌刑法的人 |
[18:55] | you’re pretty good at it. | 你真的非常擅长 |
[18:56] | Gee thanks. | 谢谢 |
[18:57] | I guess whatever pays, right? | 只要有钱收就行 对不对 |
[18:59] | Ah, Ben Baby. | 啊 Ben 亲爱的 |
[19:01] | How’s my favorite Clerk doing today? | 我最爱的书记员今天怎么样 |
[19:02] | Tired. | 累惨了 |
[19:03] | Listen, I’ve got an ex-party. | 嗯 我有个单方诉讼案 |
[19:05] | We’re trying to garnish a deadbeat’s wages. | 我们想要扣划一个老赖的工资 |
[19:06] | Can you slip it to Wilkes? | 你能不能帮忙交给Wikes |
[19:07] | He’s sitting in third. | 他在第三法庭 |
[19:08] | Legit? | 手续齐全不 |
[19:08] | Yeah, very. Martin Parks. | 非常齐全 Martin Parks |
[19:10] | You remember the stiff in the trademark injunction? | 还记得上次那个商标禁令案的混蛋吗 |
[19:12] | Oh,oh,yes. | 哦 哦 记得 |
[19:13] | Bobby’s been in 3 times, | Bobby帮他出了三次庭 |
[19:14] | last time traffic court. | 最后一次是交通法庭 |
[19:16] | Guy hasn’t coughed up a quarter. | 这家伙一毛钱都没付 |
[19:17] | Okay I’ll take care of it | 好的 我会处理的 |
[19:19] | Here sweetheart. Thanks. | 这是案卷 谢谢 |
[19:21] | Oh, oh, oh! By the way, | 哦 哦 还有 |
[19:22] | Lyle Roberts, armed robbery, | Lyle Roberts 持械抢劫 |
[19:24] | we’re trying to comp. to 6. | 我们希望达成交易 6年 |
[19:25] | DA is Susan Alexander. | 检察官是Susan Alexander |
[19:27] | Can you give her a sniffer to see if she’ll wiggle? | 你能不能帮忙探探她的态度 |
[19:33] | What was that? | 你搞什么鬼 |
[19:34] | Me doing my part. | 完成我的工作 |
[19:36] | Now it’s your turn to do yours. | 接下来该你上场了 |
[19:38] | Excuse me? | 什么 |
[19:38] | Susan Alexander Look, Susan Alexander. | |
[19:40] | We’ve been working her to get Lyle Roberts | 我们想让她把Lyle Roberts |
[19:41] | cut down to 6 years. | 的刑期减到6年 |
[19:42] | Now but Bobby says she’s more responsive to female attorneys, | Bobby说她更容易接受女律师 |
[19:45] | except for me because we don’t get along. | 除了我 因为我们有过节 |
[19:47] | But she is going to love you. | 但她肯定会很喜欢你 |
[19:50] | Lyle Roberts Lyle Roberts. | |
[19:52] | Yeah, armed robbery. | 对 持械抢劫 |
[19:53] | You’re going to owe me again. | 你又要欠我人情了 |
[19:54] | Uh nope, Bobby’s going to owe you on this one. | 不对 这个人情是Bobby欠你的 |
[20:01] | You…you owe me, okay? | 你…你欠我的 对不对 |
[20:03] | This is pay day, Jimmy. | 现在你该还我人情 Jimmy |
[20:05] | This,on the piper, | 现在是时候 |
[20:06] | -I’m standing right here. -No, no, no, | -我需要你还我人情 -不行 不行 |
[20:08] | You want me fired? | 你想让我被炒鱿鱼么 |
[20:09] | You’re not going to get fired, | 你不会被炒的 |
[20:10] | because you’re creative and you’re talented. | 因为你机灵又聪明 |
[20:15] | The doors are closing, aren’t they? | 你就要关门大吉了 是吗 |
[20:22] | I’ve had better months. | 我有过发展顺利的时候 |
[20:32] | You still got those blue prints? | 你那些蓝图还在么 |
[20:34] | You know, for taking over the empty space next to you. | 就是 准备拿下你们旁边的办公室 |
[20:37] | Yeah, somewhere. | 在 得找找 |
[20:39] | Dust them off. | 把它们找出来 |
[20:40] | I can’t loan out on this tobacco case | 在烟草公司的案子上我不能贷款给你 |
[20:42] | but…uh… | 不过 呃 |
[20:43] | I’ll give you a construction loan for office expansion. | 我可以给你扩建办公室的建筑贷款 |
[20:48] | The space next to us is no longer empty. | 我们旁边的空房子已经被其他人拿去了 |
[20:52] | I never heard that. | 我从来不知道这回事 |
[20:55] | I never said it. | 我从来也没说过 |
[20:58] | Seventy, not a nickel more. | 7万 再多一分都不行 |
[21:01] | It’s a point over prime | 利率比基准利率高一个点 |
[21:01] | and you pay this. | 而且今天你埋单 |
[21:03] | Thank you. THANK YOU | 谢谢 谢谢 |
[21:07] | Why do you keep doing this? | 你为什么这么固执 |
[21:10] | I mean you could go to any firm you want. | 你想去哪家大所都可以 |
[21:11] | Ropes, Goodwin, Sullivan, they’d gobble. | Ropes Goodwin Sullivan 他们求之不得 |
[21:14] | Take on a nice fat paycheck. | 去领一份丰厚的薪水 |
[21:17] | You don’t have to keep looking over your shoulder | 你用不着时刻提防债主或当事人 |
[21:18] | for creditors or clients who are looking to kill you. | 怕他们干掉你 |
[21:20] | Maybe I like looking over my shoulder. | 也许我就喜欢折腾 |
[21:23] | I’ve been listening to your dream for 7 years | 7年了 我一直听你谈论你的梦想 |
[21:25] | and you ain’t a step closer. | 但你一点进展也没有 |
[21:26] | I can get back to dreaming tomorrow. | 我可以明天再接着梦想 |
[21:27] | Today I’ve got people counting on me. | 今天 还有人指望着我 |
[21:30] | I’ve got associates looking to be paid. | 我要给律师发工资 |
[21:37] | I can’t pay them. I can’t. | 我发不出工资 发不了 |
[21:45] | Eugene, she’s advertising in the personals, | Eugene 她登了征婚广告 |
[21:47] | how could she not be honest? | 她怎么就不能诚实地承认呢 |
[21:49] | I’m not saying she should lie, | 我没说她应该撒谎 |
[21:51] | but you could have put it more gently. | 但是你应该更委婉一点 |
[21:52] | Big seems a little blunt. | 太胖的人会显得有点迟钝 |
[21:54] | What would you have told her? | 如果是你的话 你会怎么说 |
[21:57] | I, I would have suggested, | 我 我会建议 |
[22:01] | Shipshape. | 整洁 |
[22:02] | Shipshape? | 整洁 |
[22:05] | Shipshape. | 整洁 |
[22:07] | You got a tape recorder? Have a listen. | 你有录音机么 听听这个 |
[22:20] | Ruthie honey, | Ruthie宝贝 |
[22:21] | I am just so concerned | 我知道你担心自己的安全 |
[22:24] | you being worried about your safety | 我是多么关心你 |
[22:26] | that I started thinking, you know, | 因此我就想 |
[22:28] | you must be really worried living alone. | 你一定很害怕一个人住 |
[22:31] | I mean, somebody could just break in there and hurt you. | 我是说 保不准就有人破门而入伤害你 |
[22:34] | I don’t blame you for being scared, | 我能理解你的恐惧 |
[22:36] | I’d be scared too. | 如果是我的话 我也会怕 |
[22:39] | But I just want you to know, honey, | 我只希望你明白 宝贝 |
[22:41] | that I sympathize. And I am very scared for you. | 我很同情你 我为你感到害怕 |
[22:47] | In fact, I’ve got a premonition, I guess. | 老实说 我觉得我有种预感 |
[22:51] | Maybe you should just put up a sign that says | 也许你应该立个牌子 |
[22:54] | “No Trespassing”. | 写上”禁止闯入” |
[22:59] | That man is going to kill me. I know it. | 他会杀了我的 我知道 |
[23:12] | Bobby, you should have seen her. | Bobby 你真该亲眼看看 |
[23:14] | She was citing cases off the top of her head, | 她引用判例信手拈来 |
[23:16] | state, not just federal. | 不光是联邦法院的判例 还有州法院的 |
[23:18] | Even the judge was backpedaling. | 连法官都被镇住了 |
[23:20] | She is a keeper. | 她真是了不得 |
[23:21] | Yeah, I had a hunch. | 是的 我早就看出来了 |
[23:26] | What the hell has died in here? | 有什么玩意死在这里了吗 |
[23:27] | Jimmy, what’s up? | Jimmy 什么事 |
[23:29] | What? A friend can’t…uh… say hello? | 怎么 朋友不能 呃 来打个招呼? |
[23:32] | One of your problems as a lawyer, Jimmy, | 你当不好律师的原因之一 Jimmy |
[23:34] | was your lousy poker face. | 就是你那副臭脸 |
[23:35] | What are you doing here? | 你来做什么 |
[23:36] | Hey you’re asking my bank to float you 70 G’s. | 嘿 你想从我的银行贷款7万块 |
[23:39] | I felt I’d better take a glance at the plank I’m walking. | 我想最好还是看看你的办公场所 |
[23:41] | Especially since your TIW is growing fungus. | 尤其是你的状况不佳 |
[23:44] | You agreed to the loan. | 你已经同意贷款的 |
[23:45] | We had an oral on this. Don’t you… | 我们有口头协议 你休想… |
[23:47] | Hey I ain’t backing off the loan. | 嘿 我没说要取消贷款 |
[23:48] | But I’ve got superiors. | 不过我得向上司交代 |
[23:49] | They’re gonna be asking questions. | 他们会提些问题 |
[23:50] | I felt I’d better take a look-see. | 我想有必要过来看一下 |
[23:54] | What the hell do you think you’re doing? | 你他妈的在搞什么鬼 |
[23:55] | I warned you Mr. Parks. | 我警告过你的 Parks先生 |
[23:57] | So you embarrass me in my place of business? | 所以你就冻结我的工资 |
[23:58] | Having my wages withheld? | 让我在公司当众出丑? |
[24:00] | Oh, I did that. | 哦 那是我干的 |
[24:00] | Who the hell are you? | 你他妈是谁 |
[24:01] | Single, white, loves horseback riding. | 单身 白人 爱好骑马 |
[24:04] | A bunch of comedians, huh? | 一群小丑 嗯 |
[24:06] | You’re going to regret doing this. | 你会后悔的 |
[24:11] | Jimmy, come on. | Jimmy 过来 |
[24:12] | Mr. Gibson, Thank you for coming. | Gibson先生 欢迎光临 |
[24:14] | Yeah I’d like to know what this is all about. | 我想知道叫我们来是什么目的 |
[24:16] | It’s about settling this matter in an amicable way. | 我的目的是友好地解决问题 |
[24:19] | Since Mr. Gibson is represented by counsel, | 既然你是Gibson先生的律师 |
[24:21] | it would be against the canon of legal ethics, of course, | 如果我在你不在场的情况下跟他谈话 |
[24:24] | for me to speak to him outside the presence of counsel. | 显然有违律师职业道德 |
[24:27] | That’s why I was behooved to call you. | 所以我有必要把你叫过来 |
[24:30] | You are not going to get my goat. | 别想故意激怒我 |
[24:33] | I’ll make this quick. | 长话短说 |
[24:34] | Most of my clients are criminals. | 我的大多数当事人都是刑事犯 |
[24:36] | Some of them are broke | 有些人身无分文 |
[24:37] | and even have to pay in trade. | 愿意帮我做事来报答我 |
[24:38] | So much as go near your ex-wife again, drive by the house, | 要是你再敢靠近你前妻 靠近她的房子 |
[24:43] | leave a funny message on the machine, whatever, | 或在电话里留言搞鬼什么的 |
[24:45] | I will be dispatching two of my delinquent accounts | 我会找两个兄弟 |
[24:48] | to separate the tops of your kneecaps. | 去砍断你的腿 |
[24:55] | Ha ha! | 哈 哈 |
[24:56] | Hey! Hey! | 嘿 嘿 |
[24:58] | I’m glad you got a sense of humor | 我很欣赏你在这种情况下 |
[25:00] | during a hard time. | 还能保持幽默感 |
[25:01] | What are you doing? Who are you people? | 你要干什么 你们是什么人 |
[25:04] | Huh? What is this? | 嗯 怎么回事 |
[25:05] | Cowards make me crazy. | 我痛恨懦夫 |
[25:11] | I’m going to tell you something, | 你给我听好了 |
[25:12] | I’m going to see you in jail. | 你准备蹲监狱去吧 |
[25:13] | Do what you gotta do. | 悉听尊便 |
[25:15] | I’ve got your address too. | 我也知道你的地址 |
[25:19] | Come on. | 走吧 |
[25:24] | This is the kind of practice my bank is investing in? | 我将要借钱的律所就是这样做事情的吗 |
[25:26] | Excuse me Jimmy. | 对不起 Jimmy |
[25:28] | Eugene! A moment! | Eugene 过来 |
[25:43] | You wanna explain what that was? | 你能解释一下吗 |
[25:44] | Self help. | 自力救济 |
[25:46] | Husband threatens a wife. The judge won’t restrain. | 丈夫威胁妻子 法官不肯发禁令 |
[25:49] | I don’t wanna take chances. | 我不想冒险 |
[25:50] | The guy smells like a bomb to me. | 这家伙像颗炸弹 |
[25:52] | You’re a lawyer Eugene, not a PI anymore. | 你是律师 Eugene 不再是私家侦探了 |
[25:54] | You want to be taken seriously as a lawyer. | 你希望别人真正把你看作律师 |
[25:56] | This firm wants to be taken seriously in the legal community. | 事务所希望在法律界赢得尊重 |
[25:59] | That kind of crap does not help this practice. | 这么胡来会损害我们的职业形象 |
[26:01] | You got that? | 你明白吗 |
[26:03] | I got it | 明白 |
[26:04] | Bobby, your hookers are here. | Bobby 你的小姐们来了 |
[26:07] | Clients, Rebecca. | 叫”当事人” Rebecca |
[26:09] | Yeah, clients, they’re here. | 是的 当事人 她们到了 |
[26:12] | Send them in. | 带她们进来 |
[26:13] | Hi Bobby, | 嗨 Bobby |
[26:16] | Hi, Eugene. | 嗨 Eugene |
[26:17] | Salutations. | 你们好 |
[26:20] | There’s been some anxiety concerning last week’s police sweeps | 关于上个星期警方的大搜查 |
[26:22] | together with recent court decisions | 以及最近关于诱捕的法院判例 |
[26:24] | regarding laws of entrapment. | 都引起了一些担忧 |
[26:26] | Let’s review. | 我们来看一下 |
[26:30] | What’s this? Tag team? | 这算什么 车轮战吗 |
[26:31] | How many lawyers does this Roberts guy have? | 这个Roberts到底有几个律师 |
[26:33] | We all cover for each other. | 我们互相帮忙 |
[26:35] | It just seems, in the interest of judicial economy, | 我想 从节约司法成本的角度考虑 |
[26:38] | a joint recommendation could save us all some time. | 达成交易可以为大家都省些时间 |
[26:40] | I’m all for pleading this out but not to 6 years. | 我完全同意交易 但是6年不行 |
[26:42] | Listen, this guy is scum, I won’t pretend. | 这家伙是个人渣 我也知道 |
[26:45] | But he could get 2. | 但是他可能只被判2年 |
[26:46] | What if we get an acquittal? Have you thought about that? | 要是被判无罪呢 你想过没有 |
[26:48] | Not for a second, you? | 完全没有 你想过吗 |
[26:50] | Six is a good compromise. | 6年很不错了 |
[26:52] | You get him off the street for a long time. | 你让他很长时间不能出来祸害社会 |
[26:54] | You avoid a trial. | 又不用走完审判程序 |
[26:55] | You’re good. I’ll settle for 10. | 你很不错 我可以接受10年 |
[26:59] | Oh and tell Ellenor nice try | 哦 转告Ellenor |
[27:00] | going to the clerk. That was deft. | 想通过书记员来打探消息 挺聪明 |
[27:02] | Wave to Benny over there. | 跟Benny打声招呼吧 |
[27:08] | You threatened to break his kneecaps? | 你威胁要打断他的腿 |
[27:10] | Not break, dislocate. | 不是打断 砍断 |
[27:12] | Right in front of his lawyer? | 当着他的律师? |
[27:14] | Well, it would have been unethical | 如果在律师不在场的情况下找他 |
[27:15] | for me to do it outside of counsel. | 会违背律师职业道德 |
[27:16] | He threatened me too, your honor. | 他还威胁了我 法官阁下 |
[27:19] | He vowed that he knew where I lived | 他扬言知道我住在哪里 |
[27:21] | and he said it with vicious malice. | 说的时候带着凶狠的恶意 |
[27:22] | As opposed to affectionate malice. | 而不是”慈爱的恶意” |
[27:26] | I saw that. | 我看到了 |
[27:28] | You finding judicial amusement in this? | 你觉得这个事情很有意思吗 |
[27:31] | I am absolutely astounded. | 我深感震惊 |
[27:34] | Stop being such a mole. | 不要再这样猪头猪脑了 |
[27:36] | I want that put on the record. | 我请求把这句话记录在案 |
[27:39] | M-O-L-E, as in tiny little annoying rodent. | 猪-头-猪-脑 |
[27:45] | Look, I heard your clients tape | 我听了你的当事人的录音 |
[27:46] | and I’m sick of all this crap. | 我憎恶这种卑劣手段 |
[27:48] | I am hereby restraining Kevin Gibson | 本庭宣布 在60天内 |
[27:49] | from any contact with Ruth Gibson for 60 days, | Kevin Gibson不得以任何形式 |
[27:53] | any and all contact. | 接近Ruth Gibson |
[27:54] | And I’m fining you $200. | 判处你200美元罚金 |
[27:59] | You, hold out your hand. | 你 把手伸出来 |
[28:02] | I beg your pardon? | 什么 |
[28:04] | Hold it out! | 伸出来 |
[28:15] | You get a slap on the wrist. | 你被判罚打手掌 |
[28:18] | Put it on the record, he’s mad. | 记录下来 他很生气 |
[28:23] | Oh excuse me, | 呃 劳驾 |
[28:25] | I’m looking for Mr. Donnell. | 我找Donnell先生 |
[28:28] | Yeah that’s me. | 我就是 |
[28:30] | Gary Newman Gary Newman. | |
[28:31] | I’m sorry I did try to call first, | 不好意思 我之前打过电话 |
[28:33] | but a recording came on saying service was disconnected. | 但是提示说停机了 |
[28:36] | Only for an hour, the phones are working now. | 只停了一个小时 现在已经恢复了 |
[28:39] | I’m assuming representation of Martin Parks. | 我是Martin Parks的律师 |
[28:44] | To be frank, Mr. Donnell, | 老实说 Donnell先生 |
[28:45] | this is most disturbing. | 这太不可理喻了 |
[28:47] | For a lawyer to bring an ex-party motion against his own client? | 律师竟然对自己的当事人提起单方诉讼 |
[28:51] | Former client. | 曾经的当事人 |
[28:52] | Mr. Parks wouldn’t pay his legal fees. | Parks先生拒绝支付律师费 |
[28:55] | Even so, did you send a demand letter first? | 就算是吧 你有没有先发个律师函 |
[28:58] | Did you withdraw as counsel? | 有没有先解除委托 |
[28:59] | Did you bother to give him any notice? | 有没有事先给他任何通知 |
[29:03] | Believe me, I’m not comfortable criticizing other attorneys, | 老实说 我不喜欢批评同行 |
[29:05] | but this goes beyond unprofessional. | 但你不仅仅是显得不职业 |
[29:08] | I think it’s actionable. | 我觉得可以起诉你 |
[29:10] | You know what? Mr. Newman, | 没错 Newman先生 |
[29:13] | you may be right. | 也许你是对的 |
[29:15] | Tell Mr. Parks he wins | 转告Parks先生 他赢了 |
[29:17] | and he can take it all. | 他全都拿走好了 |
[29:19] | Rebecca Rebecca! | |
[29:20] | Sign over our entire law practice to Mr. Parks. | 把事务所全部移交给Parks先生 |
[29:22] | Give him the office, the files, | 包括办公室 文件 |
[29:23] | the chapter 7 application, everything. | 所有的东西 |
[29:25] | We got any petty cash? | 我们还有几块钱现金没有 |
[29:26] | Thirty two dollars and 60 cents. | 32块6 |
[29:28] | Give it to Mr. Newman please! | 拿给Newman先生 |
[29:30] | You think this is funny? | 你觉得这事很有趣吗 |
[29:31] | Do we look amused? | 我们看起来很高兴吗 |
[29:33] | First rule for a plaintiff lawyer | 作为原告方律师 |
[29:35] | is to ascertain whether or not | 要做的第一件事情 |
[29:36] | the defendant is judgment proof. | 就是确定被告有没有履行能力 |
[29:37] | I am glad that Mr. Parks is suing us now. | 很高兴Parks先生在这个时候起诉我们 |
[29:40] | Now we can counterclaim without | 这样我们就可以反诉 |
[29:42] | having to file the $15 filing fee. | 而不用付15美元的诉讼费 |
[29:44] | Tell your new client thanks. | 代我向你的新当事人说声谢谢 |
[29:45] | And tell him, I’m going to get him. | 再转告他 我不会放过他 |
[29:49] | I’m going to get him. | 我不会放过他 |
[29:51] | See? They’re working. | 你看 电话是正常的 |
[29:54] | Donnell and Associates, | Donnell律师事务所 |
[29:57] | what? | 什么 |
[29:59] | Oh my God. | 天哪 |
[30:26] | He came in screaming, the kid shot him. | 他大叫着冲进来 孩子射中了他 |
[30:31] | Do you think that he was drunk… | 他是不是喝醉了 |
[30:32] | These people are represented by counsel. | 我是他们的律师 |
[30:34] | There will be no more discussion. | 他们拒绝回答一切问题 |
[30:36] | Ruth, listen to me. | Ruth 听我说 |
[30:38] | They’ll be taking you to the precinct. | 他们会带你们回警察局 |
[30:40] | You say absolutely nothing until I get there. | 在我赶到之前 一个字都不要说 |
[30:42] | Michael, same for you. | Michael 你也一样 |
[30:45] | Michael? You don’t talk. | Michael 什么都别说 |
[30:48] | Okay. | 好的 |
[30:52] | Anders vs Rhode Island, people. | 知道安德斯诉罗得岛案吗 |
[30:54] | You don’t even ask if they’re thirsty. | 你们甚至都别去问他们要不要喝水 |
[31:07] | He kicked in the door. He was a mad man. | 他把门踢开 像疯了一样 |
[31:11] | Said he didn’t care what the court said. | 他说他才不管法院怎么说 |
[31:13] | Started throwing things. | 他开始砸东西 |
[31:16] | Next thing, I saw his neck… | 然后 我看到他的脖子 |
[31:20] | sort of… | 像是 |
[31:22] | exploded. | 炸开了 |
[31:24] | There was blood spurting everywhere. | 血溅得到处都是 |
[31:26] | And I turned around… | 我回头一看 |
[31:32] | and there was Michael. | 是Michael |
[31:36] | He shot his dad. | 他射死了他父亲 |
[31:41] | Did your ex-husband… | 你前夫 |
[31:45] | did he say he was going to kill you? | 他有没有说要杀了你 |
[31:47] | No. But he had that look… | 没有 但是他的神情 |
[31:48] | he was…he looked all crazy. | 他 他像疯了一样 |
[31:51] | Alright, listen to me Mrs. Gibson. | 听着 听我说 Gibson太太 |
[31:53] | Listen to every word I say to you. | 仔细听我说的每个字 |
[31:58] | Listen to me. | 听好 |
[32:00] | I don’t know exactly what happened. | 我不知道事情的经过 |
[32:03] | But let me tell you what will happen. | 但是我告诉你接下来会发生什么事 |
[32:06] | If Michael is charged with murder, | 如果Michael被控谋杀罪 |
[32:08] | he’s going to be doing some time somewhere. | 他就有麻烦了 |
[32:11] | But how could they do that? | 他们怎么可以控告他 |
[32:12] | Listen to me. | 听我说 |
[32:15] | If it’s self defense, that’s fine. | 如果这是自我防卫 他会没事 |
[32:18] | If its defense of others, | 如果是防卫他人 |
[32:20] | for example if he was defending you, | 比如说 他是在保护你 |
[32:22] | that’s fine too. | 他也没事 |
[32:23] | But it’s only okay | 但是前提条件必须是 |
[32:24] | if he thought Kevin | 他认为Kevin将会杀害 |
[32:25] | was going to kill either of you. | 你们当中任何一个 |
[32:28] | As I said, I don’t know what happened, | 我刚才说过 我不知道事情的经过 |
[32:32] | but if your ex-husband wasn’t posing | 但是如果你的前夫没有形成 |
[32:36] | some kind of deadly threat, | 某种致命的威胁 |
[32:38] | then Michael is in some serious trouble. | 那么Michael的麻烦就大了 |
[32:46] | Do you understand what I’m saying here? | 你明白我的意思吗 |
[32:51] | Yes. | 明白 |
[32:56] | He was going to kill me. | 他想要杀害我 |
[33:01] | Alright. | 好的 |
[33:07] | It could have been me inflamed the guy. | 也许我激怒了他 |
[33:09] | I might be the one who provoked him into… | 也许是我的做法导致他… |
[33:10] | No no no. This has been coming on, Eugene. | 不 不 不 这不关你的事 Eugene |
[33:13] | Ruth even said her husband was trying to kill her. | Ruth说过他丈夫想要杀了她 |
[33:15] | Let’s not forget the tape, okay? | 别忘了那个录音 对不对 |
[33:17] | You did whatever you could to prevent this. | 你已经尽力阻止事情恶化了 |
[33:19] | You got the restraining order. | 你拿到了禁止令 |
[33:21] | Alexander got the case I’m told. | 听说这个案子在Alexander手上 |
[33:23] | This could be good. | 这是个好消息 |
[33:24] | Yeah, she didn’t help us with Roberts. | 嗯 她在Roberts的案子上都没有帮我们 |
[33:26] | Ah she’s…she’s a good lady, though. | 呃 她 她人不错 |
[33:28] | Straight shooter. | 诚实 直率 |
[33:29] | Look everything this kid’s been through. | 想想这孩子的经历 |
[33:31] | If he’s forced to go through a trial | 如果他不得不站上审判席 |
[33:33] | or if he’s locked up in some hole, | 甚至被关进监狱 |
[33:34] | then there’s something seriously wrong with things. | 那这个世界对他也太不公平了 |
[33:46] | Well, I guess this one’s on the both of us. | 我想 我们两个都有责任 |
[33:51] | Me more than you. | 我的责任更大 |
[33:53] | I pushed him over the edge. | 是我把他推到这一步的 |
[33:55] | No, I knew how close he was to it…so | 不 我知道他是什么样的人 所以 |
[34:04] | I’m going to argue self defense. | 我会以正当防卫辩护 |
[34:07] | This kid gets stuck in some juvenile hall. | 孩子被关在少管所 |
[34:14] | DA might look to you for a beat on the father’s temperament. | 检察官可能会找你询问父亲的脾气 |
[34:21] | I’ll support self defense. | 我会支持正当防卫 |
[34:33] | My God. | 天哪 |
[34:36] | what have we done? | 我们都干了什么 |
[34:46] | I can’t believe it’s that simple. | 我认为事情不可能那么简单 |
[34:48] | The threats were documented in court, Susan. | 他的威胁已经被法院记录在案 Susan |
[34:49] | No, actually they weren’t. | 不 事实上没有 |
[34:50] | In the divorce pleadings there was no mention of threats. | 在离婚的诉状中 根本没有提到威胁 |
[34:53] | That’s what the restraining order business was about. | 所以才有禁止令 |
[34:55] | This guy was trying to kill them. | 这家伙想要杀了他们 |
[34:56] | Yeah I got all the back story. | 案子的背景我都知道了 |
[34:57] | But I’ve still got a kid in a Peter Pan suit… | 但还有一个扮成彼得潘的孩子… |
[34:59] | Robin Hood. | 扮的是罗宾汉 |
[35:00] | who jumps up from behind the couch and murders his father. | 他从沙发后面跳出来 谋杀了父亲 |
[35:02] | What was he doing with real arrows? | 他准备真箭是干什么用的 |
[35:04] | His father used to take him hunting. | 他父亲以前带他出去打猎 |
[35:08] | The boy is 11 years old. | 这孩子才11岁 |
[35:10] | He’s already in a psychological wasteland. | 他已经经历了心理创伤 |
[35:13] | If he has to go to some facility, | 如果再被判进监狱 |
[35:14] | his life is forever shot. | 他这一辈子就彻底完了 |
[35:17] | What are we doing here? | 你知道我们在做什么吗 |
[35:19] | He’s a good kid. | 他是个好孩子 |
[35:22] | Is he? | 是吗 |
[35:22] | From what I understand, he is the victim. | 就我所知 他才是受害者 |
[35:25] | This isn’t lawyering, Susan, I promise. | 这不是律师的伎俩 Susan 我保证 |
[35:29] | Uh huh. Now on Roberts, | 啊 那么Roberts的案子呢 |
[35:32] | when you tried for six years instead of 12, | 你想把12年减到6年 |
[35:34] | that is lawyering, isn’t it? | 那是律师的伎俩 对吧 |
[35:35] | That is not fair. | 这么说不公平 |
[35:41] | I’m just looking for a point of release here Bobby. | 我需要找个台阶 Bobby |
[35:43] | When you tell me that I shouldn’t let this kid be charged, | 你说我不应该起诉这个孩子 |
[35:46] | are you saying that with the same conviction | 你对此跟对Roberts案 |
[35:48] | that you bring to the Robert’s case? | 一样的坚定不移吗 |
[35:49] | This isn’t right and you know it. | 你不能这样做 你自己知道 |
[35:51] | You know, it’s a tough world. | 你知道 这个世界很残酷 |
[35:53] | I’ve got to walk upstairs to my superiors | 我没法向我的上司交差 |
[35:55] | and tell them I let a juvie killer go scott | 告诉他们我放走了一个少年杀手 |
[35:57] | and settle for six for an armed robber | 同时以6年跟一个用枪 |
[35:59] | who put a gun up to a senior citizen’s temple. | 指着老人家的抢劫犯达成交易 |
[36:01] | That’s one for you, one for me. Take your pick. | 一人让一个 你选吧 |
[36:03] | This is completely unethical. | 这完全违背职业道德 |
[36:07] | You’re right | 你说得对 |
[36:09] | and I withdraw the offer. | 我收回交易条件 |
[36:11] | I’m dealing with one case at a time. | 我要一件一件地处理 |
[36:13] | Roberts is first. | 先处理Roberts案 |
[36:27] | Now you’re telling me ten? | 怎么又变成10年了 |
[36:28] | Ten is good Lyle. | 10年很不错了 Lyle |
[36:29] | It’s the best that I can do. | 这是我能争取到的最好结果 |
[36:30] | Yesterday six was good. | 你昨天还说6年很不错 |
[36:32] | Listen to me. Judge White is tough. | 听着 White法官很严厉 |
[36:33] | There’s a possibility you could get life. | 你最高可能被判终生监禁 |
[36:35] | I don’t think that will happen, | 虽然我不认为他真会那么判 |
[36:36] | but what if he slaps you with 20? What then? | 但是如果他判你20年呢 怎么办 |
[36:38] | Maybe I should roll the dice and go to trial. | 也许我该赌一把 上法庭 |
[36:40] | You’re not going to beat the rap on this. | 你赌不赢的 |
[36:42] | What, would every lawyer tell me that? | 怎么 是不是所有的律师都会这么说 |
[36:47] | Maybe not before they got your retainer. | 在你付律师费之前 可能不会 |
[36:50] | Look Lyle, | 听着 Lyle |
[36:51] | as I said, you wanna fire me? Fine. | 我说过 如果你要换律师 没有问题 |
[36:53] | I won’t be losing sleep. | 我不会感到不安 |
[36:54] | But ten is good. | 不过10年已经很好了 |
[36:57] | One of the reasons we’re getting 10 | 我能争取到10年的原因之一是 |
[36:58] | is because I’ve got a dialogue with the DA. | 我跟检察官面谈过 |
[37:00] | You wanna play craps, | 你要是想赌一把 |
[37:02] | it’s your choice. | 那是你的权利 |
[37:05] | But I think that… | 但是我觉得 |
[37:08] | I think that you should take the deal. | 我觉得你应该接受交易 |
[37:14] | Okay I’ll take it. | 好 我接受 |
[37:17] | This sucks. | 真操蛋 |
[37:22] | I know. | 我知道 |
[37:45] | He’ll take it. Ten years. | 他同意了 10年 |
[37:48] | Good | 很好 |
[37:53] | Let’s turn to our next case. | 我们处理下一个案子吧 |
[37:56] | Michael, the little boy. | Michael 小男孩 |
[38:00] | I talked to the officers, read the reports. | 我跟警官谈过 看了报告 |
[38:05] | I’m concluding it’s self defense. | 我会以正当防卫结案 |
[38:09] | Good. | 很好 |
[38:26] | The psychologist wants to see you both again in the morning. | 心理医师希望上午跟你们俩再次见面 |
[38:30] | Okay. | 好的 |
[38:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[38:36] | I don’t know how we’re going to get through this. | 我不知道我们该怎样熬过这件事 |
[38:38] | But thank you, | 不过 谢谢 |
[38:39] | as long as Michael’s not going to jail. | 只要Michael不进监狱 |
[38:42] | Oh he isn’t. | 哦 他不会的 |
[38:43] | Hey Mike, | 嘿 Mike |
[38:45] | this is going to hurt | 这事对你的伤害还会持续 |
[38:46] | for a long, long time. | 很长 很长时间 |
[38:48] | So, you don’t have to be this brave Robin Hood | 所以 你不必硬撑着当勇敢的罗宾汉 |
[38:51] | or any kind of hero. | 或其他英雄 |
[38:54] | You just got to talk to the doctors. | 你只要去跟医生谈谈 |
[38:58] | I’ve gotta take care of my mother. | 我要保护我妈妈 |
[39:04] | You did that son. | 你已经保护她了 孩子 |
[39:06] | Now you gotta let your mother take care of you okay? | 现在该让妈妈照顾你了 好不好 |
[39:13] | Okay? | 好不好 |
[39:21] | Ok. | 好 |
[39:27] | You go ahead…I got some business here. | 你们先走 我还有点事 |
[39:40] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:44] | I lied to my client. | 我骗了我的当事人 |
[39:46] | You didn’t lie. | 你没有骗他 |
[39:47] | You told him 10 years was a good deal. | 你跟他说10年是个不错的交易 |
[39:49] | It is. | 这是事实 |
[39:50] | So it’s…it’s coincidental. | 那么这只是 只是巧合 |
[39:56] | Roberts wouldn’t have done better. | Roberts不会得到更好的结果 |
[39:58] | And this kid gets a chance. | 这孩子有机会开始新生活 |
[40:00] | We both know that. | 我们都清楚 |
[40:05] | Yeah. | 是啊 |
[40:08] | C’mon. I’ll buy you a beer. | 走吧 请你喝啤酒 |
[40:29] | Next on The Practice | 《律师本色》下集预告 |
[40:32] | What’s the problem? | 出什么事了 |
[40:33] | People at the bank are asking questions | 银行的人在问 |
[40:35] | about the loan we extended to you. | 关于我们那笔贷款的事情 |
[40:36] | Somebody from Boston Fidelity called | 昨天有Boston Fidelity的人打电话来 |
[40:38] | and inquiring about our office expansion? | 询问我们关于办公室扩建的事? |
[40:40] | And you informed them that | 结果你告诉他们说 |
[40:41] | this office was not expanding? | 我们的办公室不扩建? |
[40:47] | Talk about Ronald Martin. | 谈论Ronald Martin |
[40:48] | How he was temporarily insane, | 说他暂时性精神失常 |
[40:50] | how he wasn’t responsible. | 说他不能承担责任 |
[40:53] | the man who strangled Donna Brown | 正是他勒死了Donna Brown |
[40:56] | for seven minutes. | 足足七分钟 |
[40:57] | Your motion is denied. | 驳回你的动议 |
[40:59] | Mr. Pearson, you may resume the deposition. | Pearson先生 你可以恢复证言笔录 |
[41:02] | You’ll pay the court cost for this hearing | 本次听证的法庭费用由你承担 |
[41:04] | and I’m fining you 500 dollars to boot. | 此外我再罚你500美元 |
[41:05] | What? | 什么 |
[41:06] | There is definitely some favorable treatment | 但是你审理案件的方式 |
[41:08] | going Pearson’s way. | 明显有利于Pearson |
[41:10] | Intentionally or not, I don’t know. | 是不是故意的 我不知道 |
[41:11] | I don’t care. | 我不关心 |
[41:12] | I don’t like it, and I don’t like you. | 我不喜欢 而且我也不喜欢你 |