| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:02] | To restrain his father… | 禁止他的父亲… | 
| [00:03] | Permission to smack him, judge. | 请允许我扇他 法官 | 
| [00:05] | Hey, don’t intimidate me. | 嘿 别恐吓我 | 
| [00:08] | What are you doing? | 你要干什么 | 
| [00:09] | Cowards make me crazy. | 我痛恨懦夫 | 
| [00:12] | Your honour, he vowed that he knew where I live, | 法官阁下 他扬言知道我住在哪里 | 
| [00:15] | he said it with vicious malice. | 说的时候带着凶狠的恶意 | 
| [00:17] | I’m right for this one. | 我觉得跟这个案子有缘 | 
| [00:18] | You gave the tabacco case to Lindsay | 你把烟草公司的案子交给Lindsay | 
| [00:20] | even though she’s never done a jury trial. | 她甚至从来没做过陪审团审判 | 
| [00:22] | You had a feeling and you went for it. | 你对她有信心就交给她了 | 
| [00:24] | I don’t have that feeling here. | 我现在没有这样的信心 | 
| [00:27] | Oh. Ok. | 哦 那好吧 | 
| [00:29] | 100 bucks says you lose. | 100块赌你输 | 
| [00:31] | You want to bet on it? | 你要跟我打赌 | 
| [00:32] | You sit here today, remembering the placement of the lampposts, | 你今天坐在这里 记得路灯的位置 | 
| [00:35] | the colors of the surrounding cars, | 周围车辆的颜色 | 
| [00:37] | the exact time to the minute. | 时间精确到分钟 | 
| [00:39] | But as for what the suspect looked like, black, big head. | 可是对于嫌犯的描述 只有黑人 大头 | 
| [00:44] | Small bills only. | 我只要零钱 | 
| [00:51] | There is no case, ladies and gentlemen. | 根本就没有证据 女士们先生们 | 
| [00:54] | They bring up two officers from the Y squad | 两位来自Y队的警官说 | 
| [00:56] | who say they saw a woman they believe | 他们看见一名女子拿钱给我的当事人 | 
| [01:00] | to be a prostitute gave money to my client. | 他们认为这名女子是妓女 | 
| [01:04] | And then they automatically leaped to the conclusion | 然后他们就武断地说 | 
| [01:07] | that Kenny Tripp is a pimp. | Kenny Tripp是个皮条客 | 
| [01:14] | What kind of evidence is that? | 这算哪门子证据 | 
| [01:18] | What kind of story was his? | 这算哪门子辩解 | 
| [01:20] | She was paying off on the football bet. | 她在还赌球的债 | 
| [01:22] | That’s what Kenny Tripp says. | 那是Kenny Tripp的原话 | 
| [01:25] | A woman is observed orally copulating a man. | 证人看到一名女子给一名男子口交 | 
| [01:29] | The man is then seen remunerating the woman. | 看到这名男子付钱给这位女子 | 
| [01:32] | The woman is then seen giving money to the defendant, | 看到这位女子交钱给被告 | 
| [01:34] | a man with two previous convictions for running a prostitution | 一个有过两次组织卖淫罪前科的人 | 
| [01:39] | And he says she was paying him | 而被告说她之所以付钱给自己 | 
| [01:41] | because the Dolphins didn’t cover against the Patriots. | 是因为海豚队输给了爱国者队 | 
| [01:47] | No offence, but I like his closing better than yours. | 无意冒犯 但是我觉得他的结案陈词比你好 | 
| [01:49] | Look, this case is completely circumstantial, | 这个案子只有间接证据 | 
| [01:50] | we have a very good shot, | 我们有很大胜算 | 
| [01:52] | plus we have grounds for appeal, let’s not forget that. | 而且我们还有上诉的理由 别忘了这点 | 
| [01:54] | Yeah, but I still think if we put it I got a girlfriend, | 是啊 但我还是认为如果提出我有个女友 | 
| [01:56] | it would make me look loving and caring. | 会让我看起来细心又体贴 | 
| [01:58] | We were limited by the fact you don’t have a girlfriend, Kenny. | 不行 因为我们明明知道你没有女朋友 | 
| [02:01] | Yeah, but if you had put it in, I would have got one. | 是 但如果你们提出这一点 我会找一个的 | 
| [02:04] | How did it go? | 怎么样 | 
| [02:04] | Great for the DA. | 检察官棒极了 | 
| [02:06] | I get to pee. | 我去尿尿 | 
| [02:09] | Oh, Eugene. | 噢 Eugene | 
| [02:10] | Don’t tell me. | 不是吧 | 
| [02:12] | Hum, oh, yes. Me. | 噢 是的 是我 | 
| [02:14] | Look, I got that file. | 案子分给我了 | 
| [02:16] | You asked for the file. | 是你主动要求这个案子的 | 
| [02:17] | Oh, damn right I did. | 噢 对极了 是我要求的 | 
| [02:18] | The thought of beating you in court is just too hard for me to resist. | 一想到可以在庭上打败你 我就忍不住 | 
| [02:22] | Hey, Ellie. | 嘿 Ellie | 
| [02:23] | How’re you doing, Renee? | 你好 Renee | 
| [02:24] | But you won’t beat me. | 你打不赢的 | 
| [02:25] | All you get again is one eyewitness. | 这次你还是只有一个目击证人 | 
| [02:27] | Well, we could bet again, couln’t we? | 呃 我们可以再赌一把 怎么样 | 
| [02:31] | Same rider? | 赌注不变 | 
| [02:32] | Hum. | 嗯哼 | 
| [02:34] | You got it. | 赌一把 | 
| [02:35] | You are on. | 说定了 | 
| [02:37] | Pardon me one second. | 慢着 | 
| [02:40] | Did you just make a bet on the Maynard trial? | 你刚刚是在Maynard案上打赌吗 | 
| [02:42] | I did indeed. | 是的 | 
| [02:43] | Em, I know you’re excellent defending on robbers | 嗯 我知道你给抢劫犯辩护很厉害 | 
| [02:46] | and you love cross examining eyewitnesses, but… | 而且你很喜欢盘问目击证人 不过… | 
| [02:49] | Uh, don’t bet him, Lindsay. | 嗷 别跟他打赌 Lindsay | 
| [02:50] | No, no, no, no. | 不不不 | 
| [02:50] | The woman was held up by a one-legged man, | 那个女人被一个单腿男人抢劫了 | 
| [02:53] | she IDed our client who happens to have one leg | 她指认了我们那个只有一条腿的当事人 | 
| [02:55] | who was also picked up hopping three blocks from the scene | 他在离现场三个街区的地方被捕 | 
| [02:58] | with the victim’s wallet. | 手里拿着受害人的钱包 | 
| [02:59] | Don’t bet him. | 别跟他赌 | 
| [03:00] | Don’t bet him, don’t bet him? | 别跟他赌 别跟他赌 | 
| [03:02] | I’d just be taking your money. | 我都不好意思拿你的钱了 | 
| [03:04] | Another 100, same rider. | 再赌100块 | 
| [03:07] | Accepted. | 成交 | 
| [03:11] | As we speaked, | 说曹操 曹操到 | 
| [03:13] | Am I late? | 我迟到了吗 | 
| [03:17] | Deadly close, Teddy. | 你真会掐时间 Teddy | 
| [03:18] | Oh, huge line downstairs. | 噢 楼下排超长的队 | 
| [03:20] | Some guy was trying to sneak in a staple guy, | 有个家伙想偷偷带个钉枪进来 | 
| [03:22] | said it was cause he had thick pleadings, | 说是因为他的诉状太厚了 | 
| [03:24] | thick pleadings. can you believe that? | 诉状太厚 是不是很好笑 | 
| [03:26] | The judge is coming in, Eugene, let’s go. | 法官来了 Eugene 我们进去吧 | 
| [03:28] | Oh, Teddy Maynard. Hello.. | 噢 我叫Teddy Maynard 你好 | 
| [03:32] | She is the DA, Teddy. | 她是检察官 Teddy | 
| [03:34] | Oh.I’m single and innocent | 哦 我单身 清白 | 
| [03:37] | and allowed to date on bail. | 虽在保释期 但是可以约会 | 
| [04:29] | A dog bite. | 狗咬案 | 
| [04:29] | I ask for my first real assignment, | 我申请你给我第一个真正的案子 | 
| [04:32] | you give me a dog bite. | 你却给我个狗咬案 | 
| [04:33] | A lot of our cases are small, Jimmy. | 我们的很多案子都很小 Jimmy | 
| [04:35] | Right. | 是啊 | 
| [04:36] | It may not go to the Supreme Court, but I take it seriously. | 可能不会上最高法院 但我很认真对待 | 
| [04:38] | Bobby, *** dust on this file, | Bobby 这个案卷积满了灰尘 | 
| [04:41] | it hasn’t been touched in a year. | 一年都没人碰过了 | 
| [04:43] | Just cover the depositions, can you do that, please? | 先搞定证言笔录吧 你行吗 拜托 | 
| [04:45] | Fine. | 好吧 | 
| [04:47] | Dog bite. | 狗咬案 | 
| [04:58] | Excuse me, This is completely out of line, | 对不起 请原谅我的冒昧 | 
| [05:00] | but you are a very beautiful woman. | 不过你实在太漂亮了 | 
| [05:04] | Do I know you? | 我认识你吗 | 
| [05:05] | No. I came from nowhere. I’m sorry. | 不 我是无名小卒 不好意思 | 
| [05:08] | Oh, thank you. | 噢 谢谢 | 
| [05:10] | Hey, listen, you guys have nothing to worry about. | 嘿 你们完全不用担心 | 
| [05:13] | There is no way they are gonna convict your client. | 你们的当事人不可能被判有罪的 | 
| [05:15] | Oh, you were in the courtroom? | 噢 你在法庭上 | 
| [05:16] | So much for you to notice me, I guess. | 说了这么多 你总算注意到我了 | 
| [05:18] | I’m on the jury. | 我在陪审团 | 
| [05:22] | I’m sorry, I can’t talk to you. | 不好意思 我不能和你说话 | 
| [05:30] | What exactly did he say? | 他到底怎么说的 | 
| [05:32] | Exactly what I said he said. | 正如我告诉你的那样 | 
| [05:35] | There is no way he’ll be convicted. | 他不可能被判有罪 | 
| [05:39] | Alright, and what exactly did you say? | 那你到底怎么说的 | 
| [05:42] | Nothing, I told him I couldn’t talk to him, | 什么都没说 我告诉他我不能跟他谈话 | 
| [05:44] | but it’s still a communication. | 但这已经是在交谈了 | 
| [05:46] | I had a communication with a juror. | 我跟陪审员交谈了 | 
| [05:47] | I got to go to the judge. | 我要去报告给法官 | 
| [05:49] | But you didn’t communicate with him? | 但你没有主动跟他交流 | 
| [05:51] | But even so, technically, under the rules we have a mistrial. | 即使这样 理论上 根据法律 我们的审判已经无效了 | 
| [05:55] | But this isn’t fair, not to Kenny. | 但这不公平 对Kenny不公平 | 
| [05:57] | He, he is not, it’s under forfeiting an acquittal | 就因为某个好色的陪审员想跟你搭讪 | 
| [05:59] | because some horny juror tries to hit on you? | 他就要被剥夺无罪判决 | 
| [06:01] | The case is closed, all the evidence is in. | 案子都审完了 所有证据都已举示完毕 | 
| [06:04] | What are you suggesting? that we don’t tell? | 你什么意思 我们不说吗 | 
| [06:09] | It’s not like the process has been tainted, | 这不同于诉讼程序被破坏 | 
| [06:11] | It’s not like we are trading on inside information. | 我们也没有利用内部信息来影响审判结果 | 
| [06:15] | I mean, did you try to influence him in any way? | 对了 你有没有试图以任何方式来影响他 | 
| [06:18] | Of course not. | 当然没有 | 
| [06:19] | Alright, did you discuss the case? | 那么 你们讨论案件没有 | 
| [06:20] | Did you try to get… | 你有没有试图… | 
| [06:21] | Nothing. I said nothing. | 都没有 我什么都没说 | 
| [06:22] | As soon as I learned he was a juror, I shut him down. | 一得知他是陪审员 我就没让他说话了 | 
| [06:28] | I don’t see how it has any effect. | 我看不出这有什么影响 | 
| [06:32] | I say we don’t tell. | 我说我们不报告 | 
| [06:35] | Ellenor Ellenor | |
| [06:42] | I had just left the ATM machine, | 当时我刚离开ATM机 | 
| [06:44] | I was putting the money into my wallet when he hopped up. | 正把钱放进钱包里 他就跳过来了 | 
| [06:48] | He being? | 他是 | 
| [06:49] | That man. The defendant. | 那个人 被告 | 
| [06:51] | Have you ever seen this man before, Miss Bancock? | 你之前见过这个人吗 Bancock小姐 | 
| [06:54] | Yes, about two minutes before. | 见过 大约在此前两分钟 | 
| [06:56] | I passed him on the sidewalk, he asked for change. | 在人行道上我从他身旁经过 他问我换零钱 | 
| [06:59] | Did you give him any money? | 你有给他钱吗 | 
| [07:00] | No, it’s not my practice. | 没有 这不是我的习惯 | 
| [07:02] | I just kept walking. | 我只是继续走 | 
| [07:05] | Then like I said, after I left ATM, there he was again. | 然后像我说的 我离开ATM机后 他又来了 | 
| [07:09] | And what happened then? | 然后发生什么事了 | 
| [07:11] | He told me if I didn’t give him my wallet, | 他说 如果不把钱包给他 | 
| [07:13] | he’d knock me down, | 他会把我放倒 | 
| [07:14] | and hop up and down on my head ball to heel. | 把我的头当皮球踩 | 
| [07:18] | Then he just snatch it our of my hand | 然后他就从我手上把钱包抢走 | 
| [07:20] | and went bounding down the street. | 沿着大街跳走了 | 
| [07:21] | And did you see him again after that? | 此后你还见过他吗 | 
| [07:23] | The next morning, | 第二天早上 | 
| [07:24] | I came down to the police station, they had him in custody. | 我来到警察局 他们已经把他羁押了 | 
| [07:28] | Where in custody did you see him? | 你在羁押室的哪个地方看见他的 | 
| [07:30] | In a lineup. | 在一排队列中 | 
| [07:31] | He was just standing there, like a flamingo. | 他就站在那里 像只火烈鸟 | 
| [07:34] | Miss Bancock, are you absolutely sure | Bancock小姐 你能完全肯定 | 
| [07:37] | that that is the man that robbed you? | 那就是抢劫你的那个人吗 | 
| [07:40] | Of course I’m sure. | 当然 | 
| [07:41] | I’d recognise him anywhere. | 到哪里我都能认出他 | 
| [07:43] | That’s the man. | 就是他 | 
| [07:47] | If anybody threatens to assault me or my client, | 如果有人威胁要攻击我 或者我的当事人 | 
| [07:51] | there will be repercussions, | 我会要他好看 | 
| [07:53] | I will not be intimidated, | 我不吃这一套 | 
| [07:54] | I will assert myself at all times possiblely to the detriment of others. | 我会坚决维护自己的利益 哪怕伤害到其他人的利益 | 
| [08:01] | I’m here on the dog bite matter. | 我来这里是为了狗咬案 | 
| [08:04] | Oh, that’s me. | 噢 是我 | 
| [08:06] | James Berluti. Nice to meet you. | James Berluti 很高兴见到你 | 
| [08:11] | I was here when Eugene mug your client, | Eugene对你的当事人动粗的时候我也在 | 
| [08:13] | I don’t do that. | 我不干这种事 | 
| [08:15] | I’m hardened. | 我有经验了 | 
| [08:17] | Look, I think that you would agree | 我想你也同意 | 
| [08:20] | that this case is hardly worth our time. | 这个案子不值得浪费我们的时间 | 
| [08:24] | And I was hoping we could settle this amicably | 希望我们能够达成和解 | 
| [08:26] | without having to conduct the depositions, | 免得做证言笔录 | 
| [08:28] | of course I do reserve the right to assert myself. | 当然 我保留维护自己利益的权利 | 
| [08:32] | 82000. | 八万二 | 
| [08:34] | I deeply beg your pardon? | 我没有听错吧 | 
| [08:37] | I did the jury virdict research, | 我研究过陪审团裁决 | 
| [08:39] | bite on the lip, residue scarring… | 咬在唇上 留下伤疤… | 
| [08:41] | 11 stitches and she provoked the dog. | 缝了11针而已 而且是她先惹那只狗的 | 
| [08:44] | She went to pat him. | 她只是去拍它 | 
| [08:46] | Mr. Berluti, my time is valuable. | Berluti先生 我的时间很宝贵 | 
| [08:49] | Your time is valuable. | 你的时间也很宝贵 | 
| [08:51] | My client is an oncologist, his time is exceptionally valuable. | 我当事人是位肿瘤医师 他的时间尤其宝贵 | 
| [08:54] | Do you really think we should proceed with | 你真的认为我们有必要浪费时间 | 
| [08:56] | two time-consuming depositions over 11 stitches and a dog bite? | 在11针和狗咬上做两次证言笔录吗 | 
| [09:01] | That would seem so. | 我想是的 | 
| [09:03] | And I will see you and your client this afternoon. | 那就今天下午跟你和你的当事人见面 | 
| [09:09] | Miss Bancock, as I read the police report, | Bancock小姐 我看过警方的报告 | 
| [09:12] | you describe the area of the assault, the conditions, | 你描述了袭击的地点 当时的情形 | 
| [09:15] | you know the exact time. | 你记得精确的时间 | 
| [09:18] | You provide a lot of detail. | 你描述了很多细节 | 
| [09:19] | Well, there is nothing routine about being mugged, Mr. Young. | 我又不是经常被抢劫 Young先生 | 
| [09:22] | Things tend to stick. | 我当然印象深刻 | 
| [09:23] | Yes, I see. | 明白 | 
| [09:25] | But when it came time to describe the suspect, | 但是对于嫌犯的描述 | 
| [09:28] | you just said black, one leg, that’s it. | 你只是说 黑人 一条腿 仅此而已 | 
| [09:32] | When a man hops at you in the dark on one foot, | 如果有个男人在黑暗中单腿跳向你 | 
| [09:36] | you don’t tend to notice how long his sideburns are. | 你是不会去注意他的鬓脚有多长的 | 
| [09:39] | I can’t appreciate that, Miss Bancock. | 我真希望你注意了的 Bancock小姐 | 
| [09:45] | More than you know. | 真的 | 
| [09:50] | We do nothing, we say nothing, | 我们什么都不做 什么都不说 | 
| [09:51] | what that guy said has absolutely no effect. | 这样那个人说的话完全没有影响 | 
| [09:53] | Technically… | 理论上 | 
| [09:54] | We know technically, technically it’s a mistrial. | 我知道理论上 理论上这是无效审判 | 
| [09:58] | If we were using the information in any way, | 如果我们利用了这个信息 | 
| [10:00] | that would be one thing. | 那是另一回事 | 
| [10:01] | But we are not. | 但我们没有 | 
| [10:02] | We are doing nothing but waiting for a virdict. | 我们只是坐等判决 | 
| [10:04] | Ellenor Ellenor. | |
| [10:07] | Hey, Frank, how is going? | 嘿 Frank 怎样了 | 
| [10:08] | Weak need. Look, if he pleaed guilty, I’ll offer 6 months. | 如果他认罪的话 我可以给六个月监禁 | 
| [10:15] | What? | 什么 | 
| [10:16] | On Tripp. | Tripp案 | 
| [10:18] | What? You look as if you’ve seen a ghost. | 怎么回事 你好像撞鬼似的 | 
| [10:21] | This is like a gift, 6 months. | 这简直是份礼物 才六个月 | 
| [10:24] | You should be jumping on that. | 你应该立即接受 | 
| [10:25] | Yeah, well, I’m, I’m not. | 是啊 呃 我..我没有 | 
| [10:27] | We are, we are feeling really good about the trial, aren’t we? | 我们…我们感觉庭审进展很好 是吧 | 
| [10:30] | Oh, great. | 噢 好极了 | 
| [10:32] | Yeah. | 是啊 | 
| [10:32] | Yeah, well, take it to your client. | 嗯 告诉你的当事人吧 | 
| [10:34] | Someone tells me he’ll dance. | 他会手舞足蹈的 | 
| [10:41] | Mr. Donnell said that this would settle. | Donnell先生说可以达成和解的 | 
| [10:44] | Well, there is no way they are gonna bother over | 他们没心思为这样的小案子 | 
| [10:46] | small potatoes like this, they’ll settle. | 伤脑筋 他们会和解的 | 
| [10:48] | And why isn’t Mr. Donnell bothering | 还有 为什么Donnell先生不能劳驾 | 
| [10:50] | to do these depositions? | 来处理证言笔录呢 | 
| [10:52] | Well, he’s get a big murder trial starting up next week, | 呃 他下星期有个谋杀大案要开庭 | 
| [10:55] | and he didn’t want you show a change, | 他也不想换来换去 | 
| [10:57] | so he put me on full time. | 就让我全职做这个案子 | 
| [11:02] | Susan. Honey. | Susan 宝贝 | 
| [11:22] | Hi. My name is Jim. | 嗨 我叫Jim | 
| [11:26] | Just gonna ask you some questions about what happened, | 只是问问你事情的经过 | 
| [11:28] | that’s all. Nothing too hard. | 就这样 没什么太难的 | 
| [11:30] | It should be pretty easy, Ok? | 应该很容易 行吗 | 
| [11:33] | Ok. | 行 | 
| [11:35] | I’ll be right beside you the whole time. | 我会一直在你身边 | 
| [11:38] | Ok. | 好 | 
| [11:42] | Ellenor Ellenor | |
| [11:43] | Hey, Ellie, they still out? | 嘿 Ellie 陪审团还没回来 | 
| [11:45] | Yep. Still. | 嗯 还没 | 
| [11:48] | Look, can you just give us a few seconds, we need to talk. | 可以等我们几分钟吗 我们需要谈谈 | 
| [11:55] | How can we not tell him? | 我们怎么能不告诉他 | 
| [11:56] | We just present the DA’s offer. | 我们只说检察官提出的条件 | 
| [11:59] | Ellenor, he is the client. | Ellenor 他是当事人 | 
| [12:01] | I know. But if we tell him, | 我知道 但如果我们告诉他 | 
| [12:02] | then the information comes into play, | 那么这个信息就会影响案件进程 | 
| [12:04] | and then we have to go to the judge. | 我们就必须报告给法官 | 
| [12:06] | So what are we gonna say? | 那我们要怎么说 | 
| [12:09] | Alright. We are going to convey the DA’s offer. | 我们转达检察官提出的条件 | 
| [12:13] | If he turns it down, | 如果他拒绝 | 
| [12:13] | then what that juror said is still meaningless. | 那么那个陪审员所说的还是没有意义 | 
| [12:16] | And then if he accepts the deal, | 但如果他接受 | 
| [12:17] | then it’s an entirely different story. | 那就完全是另一回事了 | 
| [12:19] | We should just go to the judge now. | 我们应该现在就去报告法官 | 
| [12:22] | Alright, in which case Kenny loses his acquittal | 那样的话 因为某条愚蠢的法律 | 
| [12:24] | because of some stupid rule he doesn’t… | Kenny会失去他的无罪判决 他不… | 
| [12:28] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 | 
| [12:29] | Nothing. | 没事 | 
| [12:30] | Nothing. | 没事 | 
| [12:33] | What’s going on? | 发生什么事了 | 
| [12:36] | Just a girl thing. | 只是闺蜜话 | 
| [12:38] | Can you send Kenny in? | 你能叫Kenny进来吗 | 
| [12:43] | Sure. | 当然 | 
| [12:45] | Why can’t we tell Bobby? | 我们为什么不能告诉Bobby | 
| [12:46] | Because if he knows then he is incriminated. | 因为如果他知道的话就会受牵连 | 
| [12:48] | Lawyers have a duty to report, remember? | 律师有报告的义务 记得不 | 
| [12:50] | No. | 不行 | 
| [12:51] | Kenny, why don’t you have a seat? | Kenny 坐下吧 | 
| [12:54] | Something is wrong. | 出事了 | 
| [12:55] | I get this gland thing works like a radar when something is wrong. | 我的直觉像雷达一样 出事了我就知道 | 
| [13:00] | Sit. | 坐吧 | 
| [13:02] | Well, were they like big, loping hops or just little hops? | 是大步轻快的跳 还是小碎步的跳 | 
| [13:08] | They were hops, for God’s sake. | 就是跳呀 老天爷 | 
| [13:10] | How many ways could there be to hop? | 还能有多少种跳法 | 
| [13:11] | Well, forgive me for being a nuisance. | 原谅我这么烦 | 
| [13:14] | But your description was only black, one leg. | 但你的描述只是 黑人 单腿 | 
| [13:17] | Is it your testimony that all hops look alike? | 你是说所有的单脚跳都是一样的 | 
| [13:20] | Objection, your honour. | 反对 法官阁下 | 
| [13:21] | Here he goes again, making this about race. | 他又来了 他要拿种族问题说事 | 
| [13:23] | – When he knows that the case – I’m not doing that. | -当他意识到 -我没有啊 | 
| [13:25] | – has nothing to defend at all… – I’m just talking about his hop. | -找不到辩护理由… -我只是在问他是怎么跳的 | 
| [13:26] | Counsel, please. | 律师们 过来 | 
| [13:34] | Is this for real? | 真的是这样吗 | 
| [13:35] | Oh, I assure you, your honour, | 我保证 法官阁下 | 
| [13:36] | this is very real and very serious. | 真的是 而且很严重 | 
| [13:39] | He robbed her. | 他抢了她 | 
| [13:40] | And I object as much as you do to what Mr. Young here is doing. | 我跟你一样反对Young先生的做法 | 
| [13:44] | Your honour, I’m going somewhere with this. | 法官阁下 我是要通过这个问到与案件有关的事实 | 
| [13:46] | Hurry up and get there. | 那就快些说到点子上吧 | 
| [13:49] | Step back. | 退下 | 
| [13:56] | Double or nothing? | 赌注加倍? | 
| [13:57] | Absolutely. | 没问题 | 
| [14:02] | I just went up to pat him. | 我只是想去拍它 | 
| [14:03] | And he growled real fast and bit me. | 然后他突然开始狂吠 还咬了我 | 
| [14:07] | Susan Alright, Susan, now, | |
| [14:08] | do you remember what direction you approached him from? | 你记不记得你是从哪个方向靠近它的 | 
| [14:11] | Was it from the front? Was it from the back? | 是前面 后面 | 
| [14:13] | Was it from the side? | 还是旁边 | 
| [14:15] | From the front. | 前面 | 
| [14:16] | Ok, do you think maybe you scared him a little? | 好的 你觉不觉得你可能吓到它了? | 
| [14:19] | He was practically bigger than me. | 他块头比我还大呢 | 
| [14:21] | Maybe scared isn’t the right word. | 说“吓到”或许不恰当 | 
| [14:23] | You think maybe you surprised him a little? | 你觉得是不是让它吃了一惊 | 
| [14:26] | I just put my hand up to pat him. | 我只是用手去拍他 | 
| [14:28] | Oh, is it possible that you put it too close? | 哦 有没有可能手放得太近了 | 
| [14:32] | He is making it all my fault. | 他说得好像全是我的错 | 
| [14:35] | Susan, he is just asking questions to find out what happened. | Susan 他只是在问当时的情况 | 
| [14:38] | I just went up to pat him. | 我只是过去轻轻拍他 | 
| [14:40] | I understand. It’s ok. | 我知道 没事的 | 
| [14:45] | Susan, how many inches did you put your hand up to his mouth? | Susan 你的手当时离它的嘴巴有几英寸 | 
| [14:49] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 | 
| [14:51] | Let’s pretend you are the dog. | 我们假定你是那只狗狗 | 
| [14:52] | Did you put your hand up about this close? | 你的手离它有这么近吗 | 
| [14:56] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 | 
| [14:57] | Was it possiblely this close? | 有可能是这么近吗 | 
| [14:59] | I said I don’t know. | 我说了不知道 | 
| [15:00] | Was it maybe this close? | 有可能是这么近吗 | 
| [15:01] | oh. | 哦 | 
| [15:02] | Susan Susan. | |
| [15:03] | Move to strike. | 请求不予记录 | 
| [15:05] | Jesus | 天呐 | 
| [15:08] | Is that your fault? | 这是你的错吗 | 
| [15:11] | Look, we really need an answer, Kenny, | 你得赶快决定 Kenny | 
| [15:13] | the jury can come back any second now. | 陪审团随时会做出裁决 | 
| [15:17] | 6 months. | 六个月 | 
| [15:22] | Might take the offer. | 我觉得可以接受 | 
| [15:26] | What the hell is going on here? | 到底怎么回事 | 
| [15:27] | What’s going on is this case just became a mistrial. | 这个案子变成无效审判了 | 
| [15:30] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么 | 
| [15:31] | A juror told me in the elevator there is no way you’d be convicted. | 有个陪审员在电梯里告诉我 他们不会判你有罪 | 
| [15:36] | A juror? On my trial? | 陪审员 我的案子 | 
| [15:38] | Yes | 是 | 
| [15:38] | Told you that? | 他是这样跟你说的 | 
| [15:39] | Yes | 是的 | 
| [15:42] | Am I missing something here? | 有没有搞错 | 
| [15:44] | I mean, shouldn’t we all be celebrating? | 我们不是该欢呼了吗 | 
| [15:46] | Kenny, communication with a juror | Kenny 与陪审员交谈 | 
| [15:48] | is pretty much an automatic mistrial. | 基本上直接导致无效审判 | 
| [15:50] | The reason why we didn’t tell you | 我们之前没有告诉你 | 
| [15:51] | is because if you didn’t have the imformation, | 是因为如果你不知道这回事 | 
| [15:53] | well, then you couldn’t trade on it. | 你就没办法利用它 | 
| [15:54] | And what that juror serves, | 这样那个陪审员所透露的信息 | 
| [15:55] | kind of irrelevant. | 可以说与案件无关 | 
| [15:57] | The bottomline is, we got to go to the judge. | 现在 我们必须去报告法官 | 
| [16:03] | And she is probably gonna throw the case out | 她可能会把案件全部推倒 | 
| [16:04] | and we are gonna have to trial the whole thing over again. | 我们将不得不重新开始 | 
| [16:07] | Are you saying that if we keep our mouth shut, | 你是说如果我们闭嘴 | 
| [16:11] | I’m looking at the big NG? | 我会被判无罪 | 
| [16:15] | And you are planning to go back to the judge | 而你却准备让法官 | 
| [16:17] | and get this case kicked? | 把这个案子推倒 | 
| [16:19] | And I have to stand trial all over again? | 我又要从头面对一次审判 | 
| [16:22] | That’s the rules. | 这是法律 | 
| [16:24] | It’s the rules. | 这是法律 | 
| [16:27] | I’m looking at an acquittal here. | 可是我会被判无罪啊 | 
| [16:29] | We don’t know that for sure. | 我们其实并不确定 | 
| [16:30] | I mean, the guy was hitting on me, | 那家伙只是想找我搭讪 | 
| [16:31] | he could have been saying that stuff just to make an impression, | 他说那些也许只是为了吸引我的注意 | 
| [16:33] | he might have no clue as to what the other juror were really thinking. | 他也许压根就不知道其他陪审员是怎么想的 | 
| [16:37] | Fine, we eh, choke it up to (), | 行 我们 呃 我们就赌一把 | 
| [16:40] | you didn’t get to go to the judge. | 你们不能去找法官 | 
| [16:41] | You don’t understand, Kenny, we have a certain ethical… | 你不懂 Kenny 我们的职业操守… | 
| [16:44] | Ellie, please. | Ellie 拜托 | 
| [16:47] | I’m a free man. I’m your client. | 我自由了 我是你的当事人 | 
| [16:51] | You’re asking me to risk jail on a technicality? | 难道你要为这种细节问题让我冒坐牢的风险吗 | 
| [16:58] | I can’t even believe you’re thinking about this. | 你想都不该想 | 
| [17:00] | Our hands are tied, Kenny. | 我们被束缚着手脚 Kenny | 
| [17:01] | Ellie, your hands are not tied. Ok? | Ellie 你们没有被束缚 好不好 | 
| [17:04] | They are not tied. | 没有被束缚 | 
| [17:05] | It’s not as if you bribed the jury. | 你们又没有贿赂陪审团 | 
| [17:08] | Hey, we’ll waiting, | 嘿 我们等着就行 | 
| [17:08] | we’ll waiting for them to come back with a virdict. | 我们等他们做出裁决 | 
| [17:11] | Are you saying that I should be punished | 难道就因为某个陪审员的大嘴巴 | 
| [17:13] | because one of them let the cat out of the bag early? eh? | 我就该受罚吗 | 
| [17:17] | that’s, that’s ridiculous. | 简直荒谬 | 
| [17:20] | You can’t do this to me, Ellie. | 你不能这么做 Ellie | 
| [17:22] | you can’t. | 你不能 | 
| [17:25] | If this would ever get out… | 如果这事露馅… | 
| [17:28] | It won’t. I promise, it won’t. | 不会的 我保证 不会的 | 
| [17:32] | You tell them just like you tell me. | 你怎么跟我说的 就怎么跟他们说 | 
| [17:34] | I’ll ask the questions and you just tell the truth. | 我提问 你照实回答 | 
| [17:36] | and don’t get rattle. | 别说废话 | 
| [17:38] | It was good? what I told you, eh? | 不错吧 我告诉你的那些 嗯 | 
| [17:40] | cause I can change everything if you need something better. | 我还可以编得更好 | 
| [17:44] | What do you mean you can change it? | 什么叫可以编得更好 | 
| [17:46] | you didn’t tell me the truth? | 你没跟我说实话 | 
| [17:48] | Of course not. | 当然没有 | 
| [17:49] | I mean you practically warned me not to, | 事实上 是你警告我不要说的 | 
| [17:51] | you said you’ll get stuck with it. | 你说那会限制你 | 
| [17:52] | But I didn’t mean I want you to lie to me. | 但是我没让你撒谎 | 
| [17:54] | Your story is a lie? | 你之前说的是假的 | 
| [17:55] | Certainly. | 当然 | 
| [17:56] | You did rob that woman? | 你真的抢了那个女人 | 
| [17:57] | Of course. | 当然了 | 
| [17:58] | Oh. | 噢 | 
| [18:00] | -** she was rude. | 但是她太无礼了 | 
| [18:02] | I mean, she didn’t just not give me the change, | 她不光是不给我换零钱 | 
| [18:04] | She gave me one of the look like | 她那副表情就好像在说 | 
| [18:05] | how dare you being in my airline. | 你竟敢挡住我的路 | 
| [18:08] | how dare you belittle my day | 竟敢浪费我的时间 | 
| [18:10] | Look, I can’t put you on the stand if I know you’re gonna lie. | 听着 如果我知道你要说谎 我就不能让你出庭作证 | 
| [18:14] | Why not? | 为什么 | 
| [18:14] | Well, it’s against the law for me to do that. | 因为我这样做是违法的 | 
| [18:17] | If a lawyer knows his client is gonna lie, | 如果律师知道当事人要说谎 | 
| [18:19] | he has a ethical obligation to talk him out of testify. | 他的职业操守要求他说服当事人放弃作证 | 
| [18:23] | What was the truth then? | 如果说的是真相呢 | 
| [18:25] | I was lying about being a liar. | 其实我刚才是骗你的 我以前说的是实话 | 
| [18:28] | Look, Mr. Young, If I don’t testify, | Young先生 如果我不出庭作证 | 
| [18:31] | I’m gonna get convicted. | 他们会判我有罪的 | 
| [18:33] | Would I be wrong on that? | 是这样吧 | 
| [18:35] | No. | 是的 | 
| [18:37] | So I’ll testify. | 那我就出庭作证 | 
| [18:39] | Ok, just so you know the rules I got to play by, eh? | 好吧 但你得知道我要遵守的规则 | 
| [18:44] | I can’t support perjury, | 我不能协助做伪证 | 
| [18:46] | which means that you have to testify the narrative. | 这意味着你必须以叙述方式作证 | 
| [18:49] | What, what’s that mean? | 什…什么意思 | 
| [18:50] | Well, it means I can’t ask you questions. | 呃 意思是我不能向你提问 | 
| [18:52] | You just get to get up there and tell your story. | 你得自己陈述事情的经过 | 
| [18:54] | Oh, that’s alright. | 噢 行啊 | 
| [18:55] | That’s exactly I’ll do better when I get a flow anyway it just comes. | 这样的话 我还能发挥得更好 | 
| [18:58] | Great. | 那好 | 
| [19:01] | Maybe we should just take the 24000 | 或许我们应该接受两万四 | 
| [19:04] | We can do better, Mrs Stevens, I really believe that. | 我们可以争取更多 Stecens太太 我真的有信心 | 
| [19:07] | Eh, honey, can you go see Rebecca for a sec? | 呃 宝贝 去跟Rebecca玩一会好吗 | 
| [19:10] | Yes | 好 | 
| [19:11] | Ok | 好 | 
| [19:14] | I’m sorry I bite the man. | 对不起我咬了那个人 | 
| [19:17] | He knows that, honey. | 他知道的 亲爱的 | 
| [19:19] | Go ahead, sweetie. | 去吧 亲爱的 | 
| [19:21] | I really don’t want to put her through this. | 我真的不想让她承受这些 | 
| [19:24] | She doesn’t have to be here for the doctor’s deposition. | 医生的证言笔录 她可以不来了 | 
| [19:27] | If I can make it dented, | 如果进展顺利的话 | 
| [19:28] | then maybe we can push the settlement up some. | 也许我们可以把和解数额抬高一些 | 
| [19:30] | I think we should keep going. | 我认为我们应该继续 | 
| [19:32] | May I ask you a question? | 我可以问你个问题吗 | 
| [19:36] | hum, when did you take over this case? | 嗯 你从什么时候开始接手这个案子的 | 
| [19:38] | I, I don’t mean to criticize, I’m just curious, | 我 我没有批评你的意思 只是奇怪 | 
| [19:40] | when was this passed on to you? | 这案子什么时候到你手上了 | 
| [19:42] | This morning. | 今天早上 | 
| [19:44] | Mrs. Stevens, this is just the discovery part of the case, | Stevens太太 现在只是案件的披露阶段 | 
| [19:47] | the standard facts finding. | 常规的调查事实程序 | 
| [19:49] | I told you that I didn’t want to go to trial. | 我说过我不想上庭 | 
| [19:51] | I know, but your case is in very capable hands with Jimmy here. | 我知道 但你的案件在Jimmy手上 他很棒 | 
| [19:54] | Yeah, I have been reading up on animal behavior and stuff. | 是啊 我一直在研读动物行为之类的资料 | 
| [19:58] | I think we’ll be able to up to settlement. I do. | 我觉得我们能争取到更好的和解条件 真的 | 
| [20:02] | Ok, ok, yeah.thank you. | 好的 好的 谢谢你 | 
| [20:08] | and thank you. | 还有谢谢你 | 
| [20:13] | If this ever gets out, we’ll disbarred. | 如果这事露馅了 我们会被吊销律师执照的 | 
| [20:15] | It won’t get out. | 不会露馅的 | 
| [20:16] | Suppose the juror talk, | 假如那个陪审员说了 | 
| [20:18] | suppose he tells somebody he didn’t… | 假如他告诉别人他没有… | 
| [20:19] | Members of the jury, have you reached a virdict? | 陪审团成员们 你们达成一致裁决了吗 | 
| [20:20] | – Well then he is in as much as us. – We have | -那他跟我们一样有麻烦 -是的 | 
| [20:22] | Alright, just looks surprised | 行了 做出惊讶的样子 | 
| [20:24] | On the matter of the commonwealth vs Kenny Tripp | 马萨诸塞州诉Kenny Tripp | 
| [20:26] | on the charge of 3213 operating prostitution services for fee, | 指控涉嫌3213 经营卖淫服务 | 
| [20:31] | we find the defendant | 我们判决被告 | 
| [20:33] | guilty. | 有罪 | 
| [20:37] | Sentencing next tuesday 9 o’clock, | 下周二九点宣判量刑裁决 | 
| [20:39] | Please take the defendant into custody. | 请将被告收押 | 
| [20:42] | I thought you said It was gonna come back NG. | 你不是说他们会判无罪吗 | 
| [20:45] | Kenny, whatever you do, just stay tight. | Kenny 不管怎样 别乱说话 | 
| [20:47] | Tight? you want to see tight? | 别乱说话 你想让我别乱说话 | 
| [20:49] | look surprised? Do I look surprised when I speak? | 做出惊讶的样子 现在够惊讶了吧 | 
| [20:52] | Don’t say anything, I’ll be coming right back to talk to you, ok? | 什么都别说 我会回来跟你解释的 好吗 | 
| [20:55] | just don’t say anything. I got a plan. | 记住什么都别说 我有办法 | 
| [20:59] | Now what? what’s the plan? | 现在怎么办 你有什么办法 | 
| [21:04] | You wanna repeat that? | 你再说一遍 | 
| [21:06] | A juror told us they were acquitting, | 有个陪审员告诉我们 他们要判无罪 | 
| [21:08] | we told the client, | 我们告诉了当事人 | 
| [21:10] | the client turned down the plea bargin because of this information. | 因为这个信息 当事人拒绝了和解 | 
| [21:14] | And now please tell me | 那请告诉我 | 
| [21:14] | why the two of you shouldn’t be thrown into jail? | 你们俩有什么理由不进监狱呢 | 
| [21:17] | Your honour, we didn’t come in here to defend ourselves. | 法官阁下 我们不是来为自己辩护的 | 
| [21:20] | We came in here to say that | 我们来是想说 | 
| [21:21] | Kenny should no be penalized for on this conduct. | Kenny不应该为此受到惩罚 | 
| [21:25] | Throw us in jail if you want, | 如果你愿意 可以把我们关进监狱 | 
| [21:26] | but not Kenny. | 但不能这样对待Kenny | 
| [21:28] | Just remind your own education, | 想想你们受过的教育 | 
| [21:30] | why on earth would you take such a risk for this client? | 为了这个当事人 你们到底为什么要冒这样的风险 | 
| [21:32] | Is he related by blood? | 他是你的亲人吗 | 
| [21:34] | No, we just thought it seemed unfair for him | 不是 我们只是觉得 因为某个陪审员的大嘴巴 | 
| [21:36] | to forfeit an acquittal because of some juror’s big mouth. | 而让他丧失无罪判决 这看起来对他不公平 | 
| [21:43] | Obviously, we made a considerable misjudgement. | 显然 我们做了一个非常错误的判断 | 
| [21:47] | For which we feel the client… | 因为我们觉得当事人… | 
| [21:48] | I’m not overturning the conviction. | 我不会推翻定罪 | 
| [21:50] | Your client participated in this dishonesty, | 你们的当事人也参与了这一不诚实的行为 | 
| [21:53] | and I’m certainly not going to reward him for it. | 我当然不能为此而奖励他 | 
| [21:56] | The guilty virdict stands. | 有罪裁决仍有效 | 
| [21:58] | So as not to punish him unduely | 为了不致让他因为 | 
| [22:00] | for the blatant and illegal action of his attorneys, | 辩护律师的违法行为遭受不恰当的惩罚 | 
| [22:04] | I’ll sentence him to 6 months, | 我会判他六个月监禁 | 
| [22:06] | the same term that the DA was offering. | 与检察官给出的条件相同 | 
| [22:10] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [22:11] | As for the two of you, | 至于你们俩 | 
| [22:13] | I’ll be referring you to the board of Bar overseers, | 我会上报律师监督委员会 | 
| [22:16] | and I will be recommending immediate disbarment. | 建议立即吊销你们的律师执照 | 
| [22:22] | Don’t you, don’t you think that’s a little severe? | 难道…难道你不觉得这有点严厉吗 | 
| [22:25] | Not a bit. | 一点也不 | 
| [22:28] | That’s all. | 就这样 | 
| [22:34] | The defence calls Theodore Maynard. | 辩方传唤Theodore Maynard | 
| [22:46] | Your honour, may I approach? | 法官阁下 我可以上来吗 | 
| [22:56] | Your honour, as an officer of the court, | 法官阁下 作为一名法律人 | 
| [22:58] | I have to let my client testify in the narrative. | 我不得不让我的当事人以叙述的方式作证 | 
| [23:02] | Did you try to dissuade him from testifying, counsel? | 你有没有试图劝阻他出庭作证 律师 | 
| [23:05] | I did. | 我有 | 
| [23:06] | Yeah, right. | 啊 是啊 | 
| [23:07] | I did. He insisted. | 真的 可是他坚持要作证 | 
| [23:11] | Step back. | 退下 | 
| [23:15] | Members of the jury, a little departure from the norm. | 各位陪审员 现在有一个背离惯例的情况 | 
| [23:20] | Mr. Maynard, instead of testifying in the usual Q&A form, | Maynard先生不以通常的问答形式来作证 | 
| [23:25] | is simply going to state his version of the events in the narative form. | 而仅以叙述的方式来说明 他认为案件事实是怎样的 | 
| [23:30] | Now this is done sometimes, it’s just a different style. | 这种情况偶尔会出现 只是另一种作证方式而已 | 
| [23:34] | Ok, sir. please state your name for the record, | 好了 先生 请陈述你的姓名 | 
| [23:38] | then you may begin. | 然后你就可以开始了 | 
| [23:40] | My name is Theodore Maynard, | 我叫Theodore Maynard | 
| [23:42] | though every bad guy knows me just calls me Teddy. | 不过每个认识我的坏家伙都叫我Teddy | 
| [23:45] | It was a cold dark night, kind of a clammy night, | 那是个寒冷的黑夜 有点阴冷 | 
| [23:49] | kind of night where you just knew | 就是那种会令你产生 | 
| [23:50] | something bad was going to happen. | 不详的预感的夜晚 | 
| [23:54] | Just a couple of questions, Dr. Manheim. | 就几个问题 Manheim医生 | 
| [23:56] | I, I appreciate you taking the time. | 谢谢你抽空过来 | 
| [23:58] | Certainly. | 应该的 | 
| [24:00] | Your dog, his name is Ross? | 你的狗 它叫Ross | 
| [24:02] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [24:03] | -I had an uncle Ross once that got the **, | 我有个叔叔也叫Ross | 
| [24:06] | it, it isn’t relevant to this here. | 不过这跟案子没什么关系 | 
| [24:09] | He is a rottweiler? | 它是罗威纳犬吗 | 
| [24:10] | Yes, he is. | 是的 | 
| [24:11] | Beautiful dogs, if you like the big kind. | 很漂亮 如果你喜欢大型犬的话 | 
| [24:14] | Now, when your rottweiler bit Susan Stevens, | 言归正传 你的罗威纳咬伤Susan Stevens的时候 | 
| [24:17] | did you actually see what happened, sir? | 你有没有亲眼看到事情的经过 先生 | 
| [24:19] | Well, I was talking to somebody else in the park, | 呃 我当时在公园和别人聊天 | 
| [24:22] | so, my eyes were going back and forth. | 所以只是时不时地看它一眼 | 
| [24:24] | Uh huh, who was this other person be, sir? | 嗯 这个别人是谁 先生 | 
| [24:27] | It was a woman, some one I just met actually. | 是位女士 其实我刚刚遇上她 | 
| [24:29] | She was walking her dog as well. | 她也在遛她的狗 | 
| [24:31] | Both animals were on the leash by the way. | 顺便说句 两只狗都拴上皮带的 | 
| [24:34] | I see, you say you just met, | 明白了 你说是刚认识的 | 
| [24:35] | you wouldn’t have got her name, would you? | 那么你不知道她叫什么名字 是吗 | 
| [24:38] | maybe her phone number? | 也不知道她的电话号码 | 
| [24:39] | Acutually yes, I did. | 事实上 我知道 | 
| [24:40] | Oh, good. That makes things easier. | 噢 行 这就简单了 | 
| [24:42] | I’ll get that later. | 等会再说这个 | 
| [24:44] | Her dog, what kind was that? | 她的狗 是什么品种的呢 | 
| [24:45] | I think it was a shepherd. | 我想是牧羊犬吧 | 
| [24:47] | You said that you were looking back and forth, | 你说时不时地看它一眼 | 
| [24:50] | what did you see, if you remember? | 你看见什么了 如果你记得的话 | 
| [24:52] | Well, I noticed the young girl looking at Ross, | 嗯 我注意到那个小女孩在看着Ross | 
| [24:55] | I, think she then made a sudden movement as if to pat him, | 我想 她突然做了个动作 像是要去拍它 | 
| [25:00] | and I think she startled him. | 我想她是吓着它了 | 
| [25:01] | That’s when he nipped her. | 于是它咬伤了她 | 
| [25:03] | Is your dog fixed or, | 你的狗是栓着的还是 | 
| [25:06] | you know, are you playing puppies? | 你在逗小狗们玩耍 | 
| [25:09] | Neither. | 都不是 | 
| [25:10] | When did you get this dog, doctor? | 你是什么时候开始养这条狗的 医生 | 
| [25:12] | About 3 years ago. | 大约三年前 | 
| [25:14] | That’s in the interrogatories, | 这些问题质询书上都有 | 
| [25:15] | there are all the answers to these questions. | 我全部都回答过了 | 
| [25:17] | I know, eh, sorry. | 我知道 呃 不好意思 | 
| [25:18] | Eh, I was, doing some checking, | 呃 我只是核对一下 | 
| [25:22] | and I noticed your condo on the north end got robbed the week | 我注意到 在你开始养这条罗威纳之前的一周 | 
| [25:26] | before you got this rottweiler. | 你北边的公寓被洗劫了 | 
| [25:27] | Would that be a coincidence? | 这是个巧合吗 | 
| [25:30] | Not exactly. | 不完全是 | 
| [25:32] | You got this dog for some kind of security thing? | 你养这条狗是为了看家护院吗 | 
| [25:34] | In part. also as a pet. | 部分是 同时也是作为宠物 | 
| [25:36] | Have you take it to any dog obeying school? | 你带它去过犬只训练学校吗 | 
| [25:38] | No, I trained him myself. | 没有 我自己训练的 | 
| [25:40] | Oh, so you would be aware on the behavior of these animals? | 噢 那你应该了解它们的行为啰 | 
| [25:44] | Come on, counsel. | 拜托 律师 | 
| [25:45] | Oh, no, I don’t, I don’t mean like you are an expert. | 噢 不 我不…我不是说你要成为专家 | 
| [25:47] | Just some basic things. | 只是一些基本的知识 | 
| [25:49] | Are you aware that rottweiler is ** aggressive breed? | 你知道罗威纳是一种好斗的狗吗 | 
| [25:53] | More aggressive than average, yes. | 比一般的狗好斗 是的 我知道 | 
| [25:55] | And you know that males, especially ** males, | 你知道公狗 特别是未阉割的公狗 | 
| [25:58] | are most aggressive? | 是最好斗的吗 | 
| [26:00] | I don’t think I knew that, but I believe you if you say it so. | 我不清楚 但如果你这么说 那我相信你 | 
| [26:04] | Now you said you saw the little girl looking at the dog, | 你说看见那个小女孩正在看着你的狗 | 
| [26:07] | did you know that looking into a dog’s eyes is likely | 你知道盯着狗的眼睛看 | 
| [26:10] | to be interpreted by the animal as an aggressive challenge? | 很可能会被狗视为挑衅行为吗 | 
| [26:13] | No, I didn’t know that. | 我不知道 | 
| [26:14] | Ok, eh, what kind of food you give him, generally? | 呃 你通常给他吃什么食物 | 
| [26:19] | Dog food. scraps from the table sometimes. | 狗粮 有时候吃我们的剩菜剩饭 | 
| [26:22] | High on protein? | 高蛋白质的 | 
| [26:23] | I haven’t any idea. | 我不知道 | 
| [26:24] | Do you know that a high protein diet for this kinds of animals | 这种狗吃高蛋白食物的话 | 
| [26:28] | can make them more aggressive? | 会让他们更好斗 你知道吗 | 
| [26:30] | No, I didn’t know that, counsel. | 不 我不知道 律师 | 
| [26:32] | This is kind of a dangerous animal you got, doctor. | 你所养的是种危险的动物 医生 | 
| [26:35] | I think you’d check up on some of these things. | 我想你应该了解这些知识 | 
| [26:37] | Could we just please ask questions? | 我们可以只提问题吗 拜托 | 
| [26:40] | The woman you met at the park, | 你在公园里认识的那个女人 | 
| [26:43] | by the way, did you ever see her again? | 顺便问句 你后来还见过她没有 | 
| [26:45] | Yes, we had dinner a few times. | 有 我们一起吃过几顿晚餐 | 
| [26:48] | I think I’ll take her name and number now. | 我想我现在要记下她的名字和电话号码了 | 
| [26:56] | Hey. How did it go? | 嘿 事情怎样了 | 
| [27:03] | How did it go? | 事情怎样了 | 
| [27:06] | What? oh, eh, Kenny get 6 months. | 什么 噢 Kenny被判了六个月监禁 | 
| [27:12] | He is, he is out pending appeal on the probable cause issue. | 他… 他在以正当诉由提起上诉 | 
| [27:16] | With any luck we’ll get him out all together. | 幸运的话 他可以不用坐牢 | 
| [27:19] | Ah, cool. | 噢 厉害 | 
| [27:21] | We on the other hand, | 另一方面 我们… | 
| [27:25] | What? | 怎么 | 
| [27:28] | Things didn’t go so good for us. | 我们有麻烦了 | 
| [27:31] | What happened? | 发生什么事了 | 
| [27:34] | We’re getting disbarred. | 我们要被吊销律师执照了 | 
| [27:36] | It’s her fault. | 都是她的错 | 
| [27:38] | What? | 什么 | 
| [27:38] | I should’ve never listen to you. | 我就不应该听你的 | 
| [27:40] | What? | 什么 | 
| [27:40] | Don’t tell, don’t tell, don’t tell, | 不要说 不要说 不要说 | 
| [27:41] | We were both in on this, Linsay | 我们在同一条船上 Lindsay | 
| [27:43] | you kept saying don’t tell | 你一直在说 不要说 | 
| [27:47] | Hey! | 嘿 | 
| [27:49] | There is a deposition going on here. What’s going on? | 这边正在做证言笔录呢 出什么事了 | 
| [27:52] | You tell him. | 你跟他说 | 
| [27:53] | No, you tell him, that way you can allocate blame | 不 你跟他说 这样你就可以推卸责任了 | 
| [27:55] | – I was saying from the start – You could have recuse yourself, | -我一开始就说… -你随时都可以退出… | 
| [27:56] | – we shouldn’t take the chance, but you… – you could | -我们不应该钻这个空子 但你… -你可以… | 
| [27:59] | Hey! Let’s go to my office, now. | 嘿 都到我办公室来 马上 | 
| [28:06] | It’s not that she wouldn’t give me the change. | 不是因为她不给我换零钱 | 
| [28:08] | I get rejection every day, | 我每天都被拒绝 | 
| [28:11] | but the way she wouldn’t even look at me, | 但她那种连正眼都不瞧我一下的态度 | 
| [28:14] | like it would bring her down to acknowledge I was there. | 就好像承认我的存在会玷污了她似的 | 
| [28:18] | Now, I talk about things all the time, | 一般情况下 我都不会太在意 | 
| [28:20] | In fact, that’s how I get by,I made a joke, | 我用开玩笑来让自己好过点 | 
| [28:23] | see, usually I can make everything a joke. | 瞧 通常我能把每件事都当成玩笑 | 
| [28:27] | But this one kind of stuck with me. | 但是 这件事让我实在放不下 | 
| [28:30] | Anyway, I went around the corner on ***, | 然后我来到街角 | 
| [28:33] | where we all kind of hang out. | 我们经常在那里打发时间 | 
| [28:35] | You know, panhandle or central. | 吹吹牛什么的 | 
| [28:37] | And Joey Free, the guy I told you about earlier, | 然后Joey Free 就是我之前说的那个人 | 
| [28:39] | he is also got one leg. | 他也只有一条腿 | 
| [28:41] | He starts to yell at me for being a victim, | 他把我训了一顿 说我是个可怜虫 | 
| [28:44] | saying that feeling sorry for myself was my worst problem. | 说我最大的问题就是太软弱 | 
| [28:47] | And I just snap back, | 我反驳他说 | 
| [28:48] | easy for you to say, Mr. crutch, | 你倒是说得轻松 拐杖先生 | 
| [28:49] | I can’t even afford crutches. | 我可是连拐杖都买不起 | 
| [28:52] | And Joey, he just jumps up, | 然后Joey 他跳起来 | 
| [28:53] | throw his crutchs to the ground and hops off. | 把拐杖扔在地上 跳着走开了 | 
| [28:56] | But a minute later, he comes back, | 可是过了一分钟 他回来了 | 
| [28:58] | throws a wallet to me and says, see, I’m no victim. | 他扔了个钱包给我说 瞧 我不是可怜虫 | 
| [29:02] | The man had jumped up and snatched that woman’s wallet. | 原来他是跳开去抢了那个女人的钱包 | 
| [29:05] | I had it when the police came, I certainly did, | 警察来的时候 钱包正在我手上 当然 | 
| [29:08] | but I didn’t take it. | 但不是我抢的 | 
| [29:09] | It was Joey Free, | 是Joey Free | 
| [29:12] | except, Free is not his real last name. | 不过 Free不是他的真姓 | 
| [29:15] | I kind of don’t want to turn him in. | 我不想告发他 | 
| [29:17] | There is certain code we got to live by. | 我们得讲江湖规矩 | 
| [29:20] | But I’ll be honest about this. | 但我老实说 | 
| [29:24] | I wish it was me, | 我希望是我抢的 | 
| [29:27] | I wish I was the guy that jumped up | 我希望 正是我跳出去 | 
| [29:29] | and took that woman’s money. | 抢了那个女人的钱包 | 
| [29:31] | I’d be sitting here proud today | 如果我跳向那个女人 说我不是空气 | 
| [29:33] | if I hopped up to that woman and said I exist. | 那我今天会很骄傲地坐在这里 | 
| [29:36] | Now, I don’t believe in stealing, | 我不是说偷东西就是对的 | 
| [29:38] | but she was keeping in her wallet the idea that some people | 但如果她仗着几个臭钱就看不起人 | 
| [29:40] | are less worthy than her, then I’m glad she lost it. | 那她活该丢了这些钱 | 
| [29:44] | I didn’t take it, | 我没有抢劫 | 
| [29:45] | but I’d be proud to sit here and say that I did. | 但如果是我抢的 我会很自豪地承认 | 
| [29:49] | And that’s the truth. | 这就是真相 | 
| [29:52] | Why didn’t you come to me with this? | 你们为什么不告诉我 | 
| [29:54] | Because you would gone along with it, | 因为你会赞成我们 | 
| [29:55] | then you’d be in the same trouble we are . | 这样就把你也拖下水了 | 
| [29:57] | I wouldn’t have gone along. | 我不会赞成 | 
| [29:58] | I would have told the judge. | 我会报告法官的 | 
| [30:00] | Oh, please, Bobby, you’ll never w… | 噢拜托 Bobby 你肯定不会… | 
| [30:02] | It was jury tampering | 这是干预陪审团 | 
| [30:03] | We didn’t tamper, we only withheld… | 我们没有干预 我们只是隐瞒… | 
| [30:05] | Ellenor, for God’s sake, communicaiton with a juror, | Ellenor 看在上帝份上 与陪审员交谈 | 
| [30:08] | you go straight to the judge, no question. | 直接去找法官 不用考虑 | 
| [30:10] | Even if we are gonna for… | 哪怕后果是… | 
| [30:11] | No question! | 不用考虑 | 
| [30:14] | This is, this is beyond stupid. | 这…这真是蠢到家了 | 
| [30:16] | You risk your careers, | 这不仅可能葬送你们的职业生涯 | 
| [30:17] | you completely jeopardize the reputation of this entire firm. | 还可能毁了整个事务所的名誉 | 
| [30:21] | What the hell could you have been thinking? | 你到底怎么想的 | 
| [30:23] | The reputation of this firm. | 事务所的名誉 | 
| [30:25] | What? | 什么 | 
| [30:26] | Nothing. | 没什么 | 
| [30:27] | Hey! | 嘿 | 
| [30:30] | the reputation of this firm doesn’t matter to you? | 事务所的名誉对你不重要吗 | 
| [30:32] | Bobby, all we did was live up to your example. | Bobby 我们所做的一切都是以你为榜样 | 
| [30:37] | You just sold out that client, | 你才出卖了那个当事人 | 
| [30:38] | Lyle Roberts, let’s not forget that. | Lyle Roberts 别忘了 | 
| [30:42] | You just finised arguing jury nullification, | 你才打了个”废除裁决”的案子 | 
| [30:46] | you got a murderer off on the moral integrity | 你为了帮谋杀犯脱罪 | 
| [30:49] | of his cold-blooded execution. | 把他的冷血杀戮说成具有道德正当性 | 
| [30:54] | What exactly do you think our reputation is here, Bobby? | 你觉得我们的名誉能好到哪去 Bobby | 
| [30:57] | I mean, who are you kidding? | 我是说 你在糊弄谁呢 | 
| [30:59] | We are reasonable doubt for a reasonable fee, | 我们拿人钱财 替人消灾 | 
| [31:02] | we are a bottom feeding, do whatever you can | 我们是游离在底线 不惜一切手段 | 
| [31:05] | to get your client off lawfirm. | 为当事人脱罪的律师事务所 | 
| [31:08] | That is exactly what we are. | 我们一直就是这样 | 
| [31:13] | And what Lindsay and I did may not being ethical, | Lindsay和我所做的事 可能不符合职业道德 | 
| [31:18] | it was completely in the spirit and the tradition of Bobby Donnell. | 可是完全符合Bobby Donnell的风格和传统 | 
| [31:27] | You want to fire me? | 你想解雇我 | 
| [31:29] | Go ahead. | 我无话可说 | 
| [31:32] | But please, please Bobby, do not lecture me. | 但拜托 拜托你Bobby 别来教训我 | 
| [31:58] | Were you here all night? | 你整晚都在这里 | 
| [32:02] | Yep. | 嗯 | 
| [32:03] | Why? | 为什么 | 
| [32:05] | I don’t know, Bec. | 我不知道 Bec | 
| [32:16] | Your heard what Ellenor said? | 你听到Ellenor说的话了吗 | 
| [32:19] | It escaped a little through the walls. | 听到一点 | 
| [32:23] | Bobby, I think the problem is | Bobby 我想问题在于 | 
| [32:26] | this place isn’t just you anymore. | 这里已经不是你一个人了 | 
| [32:28] | There is also them. | 还有他们 | 
| [32:30] | And I think they get a good leader on you, | 我想 你是个好的领导者 | 
| [32:33] | but not a great leadership, you know. | 但是你没有树立良好的表率 | 
| [32:42] | Maybe it’s time for a meeting. | 也许我们该开个会 | 
| [32:44] | Leave the door, nobody is stopping you. | 门开着 没人拦着你 | 
| [32:47] | Is he in there with somebody? | 他在跟谁说话 | 
| [32:49] | I didn’t see anybody else. | 我没看到有人 | 
| [32:53] | You walk out of here, I’ll see you in court. | 你走出这个门 我们就法庭上见 | 
| [32:57] | oh, hi. | 噢 嗨 | 
| [33:00] | What are you doing? | 你在干吗 | 
| [33:01] | I got a settlement conference in here for now on the dog bite case. | 那个狗咬案 我一会要跟对方谈和解的事 | 
| [33:07] | I’m not a good closer. | 我不太会谈判 | 
| [33:09] | I come off too nice, | 我表现得太温和了 | 
| [33:10] | I get to be strong, you know. | 我得强硬些 是吧 | 
| [33:12] | I’m gonna come off strong, **. | 我得表现得强硬 | 
| [33:15] | I’m getting ready. I get to be tough. | 我在做准备 我一定要强硬 | 
| [33:21] | Got it. Sorry to bother you. | 明白 不好意思打扰你了 | 
| [33:23] | She is not IDing the man who held her up, | 她指认的并不是那个抢她的人 | 
| [33:25] | she is indentifying the man she saw in police custody. | 她指认的是被警方羁押的人 | 
| [33:29] | She sees a one leg man in the lineup, | 她看见队列中有一个一条腿的男人 | 
| [33:31] | she figures it must be him, | 她觉得肯定是他 | 
| [33:32] | she wants it to be the guy. | 她希望他就是那个劫匪 | 
| [33:34] | We all do, | 我们都有这个心理 | 
| [33:36] | so that we can feel safe | 这让我们有安全感 | 
| [33:38] | that the bad guy is off the street. | 因为坏人被抓起来了 | 
| [33:41] | What are the chances | 有没有可能 | 
| [33:42] | there could being somebody else there that night with just one leg? | 那天晚上还有其他的只有一条腿的人在那里 | 
| [33:46] | Of course she was going to conclude | 她当然会说 | 
| [33:48] | that the man they had must be the guy. | 他们抓到的那个人就是劫匪 | 
| [33:51] | But remember, she really couldn’t identify the man’s face. | 但请记住 她真的不知道劫匪长什么样子 | 
| [33:55] | She didn’t give the police any description other than | 她给警方的描述仅仅是 | 
| [33:57] | black, one leg, that was it. | 黑人 一条腿 仅此而已 | 
| [34:00] | Objection. This is too much. | 反对 太过分了 | 
| [34:02] | Counsel, get up here. | 律师 过来 | 
| [34:11] | I’m sorry, your honour, but this goes way over the line. | 对不起 法官阁下 但这实在太离谱了 | 
| [34:14] | I mean to recruit black amputees | 我是说 雇几个黑人截肢者 | 
| [34:16] | to walk into the room in the middle of his closing arguement? | 在他结案陈词时走进法庭来 | 
| [34:20] | That’s unbelievalbe, even for him. | 太离谱了 即使是他这样的人 | 
| [34:22] | I’m shocked. | 别大惊小怪 | 
| [34:23] | Did you enlist those one-leg black people? | 是你雇的那些单腿黑人吗 | 
| [34:27] | Your honour, my client is in an amputee support group. | 法官阁下 我的当事人参加了一个截肢者互助小组 | 
| [34:30] | His friends came to his trial. | 他的朋友们来看他的庭审 | 
| [34:32] | Oh, right. | 噢 是啊 | 
| [34:34] | What do you think of me? | 你以为我是什么人 | 
| [34:36] | Counsel. | 律师 | 
| [34:37] | They could have use crutches or, | 他们可以拄拐杖或者 | 
| [34:38] | I don’t know, maybe a wheel chair. | 我不知道 或许坐轮椅 | 
| [34:41] | He deliberately had them hop. | 他故意让他们跳的 | 
| [34:44] | I’m not sure this is something you can appeal. | 我认为你不能对此提出抗议 | 
| [34:46] | Now, let him finish his closing, please. | 现在 请让他完成他的陈词吧 | 
| [34:53] | 200000? Yesterday you said 75000. | 20万 昨天你还说七万五的 | 
| [34:56] | Well, today I got more facts. | 今天我了解到更多事实 | 
| [34:57] | Oh, you got more facts? | 噢 你了解到更多事实 | 
| [34:58] | I’ve got more facts. | 我是了解到更多事实 | 
| [34:59] | Let’s see your facts. | 让我们看看你的事实吧 | 
| [35:00] | The facts are your guy bought a security dog, | 事实是 你的当事人买了一条安保犬 | 
| [35:03] | a dangerous instrument he took no steps to train | 一个危险的动物 他没有训练它 | 
| [35:05] | or even learn about. | 甚至也不去了解它的习性 | 
| [35:07] | Either he didn’t know the risk of this animal | 要么他不知道这种狗的危险 | 
| [35:08] | which makes him negligent, | 构成疏忽大意的过失 | 
| [35:10] | or he did which makes him reckless. | 要么他知道 那就是过于自信的过失 | 
| [35:11] | Your pick. | 你自己选吧 | 
| [35:12] | So 200000? | 所以就要20万 | 
| [35:14] | I’m not finished with my facts. | 我还没说完呢 | 
| [35:15] | Oh, oh, oh, well. Go ahead. | 噢噢噢 好吧 继续 | 
| [35:17] | This was preventable. | 这本来是可以预防的 | 
| [35:18] | Dogs like this need to be socialized, this one wasn’t. | 这种狗需要教它和人类相处 但它没有 | 
| [35:20] | Dogs like this need to be taught submissive behavior, this one wasn’t. | 这种狗需要教它驯服 但它没有 | 
| [35:23] | Dogs like this should be fed low protein, this one wasn’t. | 这种狗需要喂食低蛋白食物 但它没有 | 
| [35:28] | If he chooses to dispense all the precaution | 如果他不想采取这些预防措施 | 
| [35:30] | fine, it’s his choice, he takes the risk. | 行 这是他自己的事 风险自担 | 
| [35:33] | But if he is gonna go to a park, a children’s park, | 但如果他去公园 还是儿童公园 | 
| [35:36] | and hit up on women | 去跟女人搭讪 | 
| [35:37] | and not even pay attention when he knows a child is 2 feet | 甚至看到有个小孩离他的安保罗威纳只有两英尺 | 
| [35:41] | from his security rottweiler, | 他还是丝毫不理会 | 
| [35:43] | he puts the child at risk, too. | 那他就让这个孩子也陷入风险之中 | 
| [35:45] | She lost a face, | 她毁容了 | 
| [35:47] | he got a phone number and a couple of dinner dates. | 他得到一个电话号码和几次约会 | 
| [35:51] | That’s what the jury is gonna hear. | 这就是陪审团将会听到的事实 | 
| [35:53] | Is that right? | 是吗 | 
| [35:55] | That’s right. 200000, nothing less. | 没错 20万 不能少了 | 
| [36:01] | I’ll see you in court. | 法庭上见吧 | 
| [36:03] | I doubt it. | 才不会 | 
| [36:08] | What is this? | 搞什么 | 
| [36:10] | Hun, hi. | 呃 嗨 | 
| [36:12] | Yes, hi. | 嗯 嗨 | 
| [36:17] | One alternative offer. | 还有一个方案 | 
| [36:19] | What? What? What? | 说吧 说吧 说吧 | 
| [36:21] | 150000, and whatever it takes to fix her face. | 15万 外加她整形的手术 | 
| [36:25] | Excuse me? | 什么 | 
| [36:26] | Your client is a doctor at Mass General, | 你的当事人是麻省医院的医生 | 
| [36:28] | I’m sure he’s got lots of collegues. | 他肯定有很多同事 | 
| [36:30] | And I’m not talking about one operation, | 我说的不是一次手术 | 
| [36:32] | it’s whatever it takes | 而是让她变回被咬以前 | 
| [36:33] | to make the pretty girl she was prior rottweiler. | 那个漂亮小姑娘所需的全部手术 | 
| [36:38] | That could turn out to be cheaper than 200000 | 如果他找对医生的话 | 
| [36:40] | if he gets the right doctors. | 这个方案应该会比20万要少 | 
| [36:42] | 150000, and a smile, final offer. | 15万 加一张笑脸 最终报价 | 
| [36:49] | Tell Eugene he can wait here, | 告诉Eugene他可以在这里等 | 
| [36:50] | he doesn’t have to wait down at the court. | 不必在法庭一直等着 | 
| [36:51] | Bobby, he expects the jury back in any minute. | Bobby 他说陪审团随时都可能回来 | 
| [36:53] | This doesn’t even involve Eugene. | 这跟Eugene根本没关系 | 
| [36:54] | This does involve Eugene. | 有关系 | 
| [36:56] | this is a meeting about this firm, | 这是关于事务所的会议 | 
| [36:57] | Eugene is a member of this firm. | Eugene是事务所的一员 | 
| [36:59] | Fine. | 好吧 | 
| [37:00] | Ellenor. Look, let’s just start, | Ellenor 我们先开始吧 | 
| [37:02] | he gets here when he gets here, ok? | 他什么时候到就什么时候到 好吗 | 
| [37:05] | Ok, first, the disbarment proceeding, | 好 首先 吊销律师执照的事情 | 
| [37:07] | I will represent both of you. | 我来代理你们两个 | 
| [37:09] | We shouldn’t get an independent cousel? | 我们不用找个独立的律师吗 | 
| [37:10] | We probably should, but on this, | 本来要 但这个事情 | 
| [37:11] | I think I can be more persuasive. | 我想我出面会更有说服力 | 
| [37:15] | Ok, now, let’s clear the air about | 好了 现在 我们来讨论一下 | 
| [37:18] | all this being the spirit of my tradition, Ellenor. | 所谓的我的风格和传统 Ellenor | 
| [37:22] | I cleared my area yesterday, Bobby. | 我昨天已经说清楚了 Bobby | 
| [37:24] | We bend, we fouled, | 我们挖空心思 无所不用其极 | 
| [37:25] | we mutilate all the rules around here, | 我们对规则断章取义 | 
| [37:27] | it’s like our model. | 这就像是我们的招牌 | 
| [37:30] | Would you agree with that, Lindsay? | 你同意吗 Lindsay | 
| [37:32] | Well, pretty much. | 呃 差不多吧 | 
| [37:35] | Jimmy Jimmy | |
| [37:36] | I don’t know, truth is, I don’t know what we are. | 我不知道 事实上 我不知道我们是什么 | 
| [37:42] | I think what we are and what we could be are two different things. | 我觉得 我们是什么 和我们可以是什么 是两回事 | 
| [37:45] | Meaning? | 什么意思 | 
| [37:46] | Meaning we’ve been a firm that would represent anybody. | 意思是 我们是个什么案子都接的事务所 | 
| [37:48] | Financially we’ve had to, and the client tell we have, | 为了生存我们不得不这样 当事人也要求这样 | 
| [37:51] | now let’s face it, the reputation that we are honourable, | 现实就是 如果我们只看重事务所的名誉 | 
| [37:53] | that we play by the rules, | 如果我们完全遵守规则 | 
| [37:54] | that would cost our clients. | 我们的客户会流失 | 
| [37:56] | The Kenny Tripps which make up this practice, | 正是Kenny Tripp这样的客户支撑了事实所的运转 | 
| [37:58] | they will lie on us to cheat a little. | 如果太守规矩就帮不了他们 | 
| [38:00] | To stick up for them first, the rules second. | 帮他们脱身优先 规则第二 | 
| [38:03] | They might love us, but to the legal community… | 他们可能很感激我们 但对法律界来说 | 
| [38:06] | We are the lawyers who give lawyers a bad name. | 我们是给律师行业抹黑的律师 | 
| [38:08] | The bread and butter that kept us afloat, | 正是Kenny Tripp 还有那些毒贩 | 
| [38:11] | it’s mainly being the drug dealers as Kenny Tripps. | 使得我们衣食无忧 | 
| [38:13] | How do we just abandon them? | 我们就这样抛弃他们吗 | 
| [38:15] | Look, we abandon them because there are | 我们抛弃他们 | 
| [38:17] | a plenty of other lawyers who are desperate to do that work. | 是因为有一堆律师抢着干这样的活 | 
| [38:20] | We are not that desperate anymore. | 但我们已经不用再抢了 | 
| [38:23] | Or maybe you are more desperate than you could have known. | 但也许你的危机感太深重 | 
| [38:26] | What’s that supposed to mean? | 你是什么意思 | 
| [38:28] | It means maybe you like it here on the trenches, | 意思是 或许你就喜欢这样的执业方式 | 
| [38:30] | and maybe you don’t want to clime out. | 也许你不想有所改变 | 
| [38:34] | But if so, be honest about it, | 如果是这样 请坦诚地告诉我们 | 
| [38:35] | so we can get out when we still have the chance. | 我们好有机会重新选择 | 
| [38:41] | On the matter of Commonwealth vs Theodore Maynard, | 马萨诸赛州诉Theodore Maynard | 
| [38:45] | on charge 62434, | 指控涉嫌违反62432 | 
| [38:47] | we the jury find the defendant | 陪审团判决被告 | 
| [38:49] | not guilty. | 无罪 | 
| [38:55] | Thank you, Mr. Young, you are awesome, man. | 谢谢 Young先生 你太棒了 兄弟 | 
| [38:58] | I’ll be more pay you. | 我会多付你钱的 | 
| [38:59] | Oh, that’s nice, but, Teddy. | 噢 很好 不过Teddy | 
| [39:01] | Look, look, I know, alright? | 行了 行了 我知道 好吧 | 
| [39:04] | I’m gonna stay clear for this kind of crap. | 我不会再干这些蠢事了 | 
| [39:06] | I need to grow up, I’m gonna | 我要干点正经事 我会的 | 
| [39:12] | Does this ever bother you? | 你有没有觉得困惑 | 
| [39:14] | I mean get all these guys off on accquittals and know they did it. | 帮这些家伙脱罪 心里却明明知道是他们干的 | 
| [39:19] | Sometimes. | 偶尔会 | 
| [39:20] | But in my ** (39:20) the idea Teddy made it out there… | 但是想到Teddy… | 
| [39:25] | Hopping Free? | 自由地跳走 | 
| [39:28] | Come on, let me pay off some of this debt by taking you to dinner. | 我请你吃晚餐吧 当是还债 | 
| [39:34] | I’m married, Renee. | 我结过婚了 Renee | 
| [39:38] | You are separated, Eugene. | 你分居了 Eugene | 
| [39:43] | Yeah, yeah, well, I get a kid | 嗯 呃 我有孩子 | 
| [39:46] | who is not ready for his dad to be out with a | 他还不能接受自己的爸爸跟个 | 
| [39:51] | …a DA, just yet. | …检察官约会 时机未到 | 
| [39:56] | Otherwise I would… | 否则的话我会… | 
| [39:58] | Ex…hey, anyway, congratulations again on your wonderful victory. | 无论如何 再次祝贺你打了一场漂亮的胜仗 | 
| [40:10] | Thanks. | 谢谢 | 
| [40:14] | So, uh, I’ll…see you in court? | 那 呃 我们法庭见 | 
| [40:21] | Yeah. | 嗯 | 
| [40:33] | I don’t, I don’t believe it. | 我…我简直不敢相信 | 
| [40:35] | I’m still in a little shock myself. | 我自己都还在震惊呢 | 
| [40:37] | 140000 dollars? | 14万美元 | 
| [40:40] | Add as many operations as it takes to fix her smile. | 外加整容所需的全部手术 | 
| [40:43] | I…I don’t know what to say, | 我…我不知道该说什么了 | 
| [40:47] | Well, you get to say yes before I… | 呃 你要赶快说“好的” | 
| [40:49] | Oh, yes, my God, yes, | 噢 好的 天呐 好的 | 
| [40:51] | I, I, I’d like to go tell her. | 我 我要去告诉她 | 
| [40:59] | Oh, and, and they know that | 噢 还有 他们知道 | 
| [40:59] | I don’t have medical insurance and I really… | 我没有医疗保险吗 我真的… | 
| [41:01] | No hospital cost,period, | 不用付医疗费用 没有附加条件 | 
| [41:02] | I’ll get them ready. | 我会让他们准备好 | 
| [41:04] | We can make a program for her | 我们签完协议 | 
| [41:05] | to meet with the plastic surgeon as soon as we close. | 马上就可以安排她和整形医师见面 | 
| [41:09] | I own you all a big apology because, | 我得向你们大家道歉 因为 | 
| [41:13] | you don’t know what I was thinking of you all. | 你都不知道我之前是怎么看你们的 | 
| [41:21] | This is really true? | 这都是真的吗 | 
| [41:23] | All true. | 一点不假 | 
| [41:25] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [41:33] | Am I to understand that instead of accepting 200000, | 如果我没理解错 你没有选择20万 | 
| [41:36] | you settled on 140000 plus hospital care? | 而是以14万加治疗手术达成和解了 | 
| [41:40] | Yeah. | 是啊 | 
| [41:41] | You realize we can’t take a contingency on a girl’s smile? | 你知道小女孩的笑脸是不计算律师费的 | 
| [41:44] | If you had settled for two on the straight cash deal, | 如果你以20万现金和解 | 
| [41:46] | this firm would have made an extra 16000 dollars. | 我们可以多得一万六的律师费 | 
| [41:50] | You do know that? | 你应该知道吧 | 
| [41:52] | It crossed my mind. | 我想到过 | 
| [41:54] | Jimmy, you said you don’t know what this place is, | Jimmy 你说你不知道我们是什么 | 
| [41:59] | what you just did, | 而你刚才所做的事 | 
| [42:02] | I’d like to think that’s exactly what this place is. | 我愿意认为 那正是我们的本质 | 
| [42:14] | Good job. | 干得漂亮 | 
| [42:16] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |