| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:02] | Ellenor, you know anything about this single white female attorney | Ellenor 你知不知道这个单身 白人 女律师 | 
| [00:06] | where did you get this? | 你从哪里弄来的 | 
| [00:07] | I’m not gonna lie, I was so nervous about meeting you. | 老实说 跟你见面令我紧张得要命 | 
| [00:11] | You rejected him because of his looks. | 你因为他的长相拒绝他 | 
| [00:14] | You had no right to do that. | 你没有权利这样做 | 
| [00:16] | It just wasn’t there Rebecca, | 我就是没感觉 Rebecca | 
| [00:18] | the chemistry.It got nothing to do with rights. | 就是不来电 跟权利无关 | 
| [00:20] | You look fantastic. Are you seeing anybody? | 你光彩照人 现在有男朋友吗 | 
| [00:22] | Chris. We’ve been there, | Chris 我们尝试过 | 
| [00:24] | we had fun but we don’t want to go back there do we? | 虽然还不错 但是我们都不想再经历一次了 不是吗 | 
| [00:27] | Well, I was only thinking about maybe sleeping together. | 呃 我只是想 或许可以共度良宵 | 
| [00:30] | Andrea, you’ve been paying attention? We’re losing. | Andrea 你意识到没有 我们要输了 | 
| [00:33] | It’s still all circumstantial. | 这些仍然都只是间接证据 | 
| [00:35] | Two lovers last seen with a dead husband? | 一对偷情男女最后见过死去的丈夫 | 
| [00:37] | I want to ask this witness questions now, | 我要求立即对证人发问 | 
| [00:39] | before she has time to think up answers. | 在她有时间编造答案之前 | 
| [00:41] | What the hell is going on here? | 到底怎么回事 | 
| [00:42] | You are co-counsel for the client… | 你是这位当事人的共同辩护人 | 
| [00:43] | And your client’s story doesn’t serve the interest of my client. | 你当事人的证词对我的当事人不利 | 
| [00:46] | She is gonna think I betrayed her. | 她会以为是我背叛她 | 
| [00:47] | Your only chance here is this. I had to turn against her. | 这是你唯一的机会 我必须把矛头指向她 | 
| [00:51] | Interesting move, ambush your co-counsel like that in open court. | 有意思的一步棋 当庭伏击你的搭档辩护律师 | 
| [00:55] | Douglas Forsythe, not guilty. | Douglas Forsythe 无罪 | 
| [00:57] | Mary Jane Wiggins, guilty. | Mary Jane Wiggins 有罪 | 
| [01:00] | You love her, you don’t believe she could do this. | 尽管你爱她 你不相信是她杀的 | 
| [01:03] | But maybe she did. | 但也许就是她呢 | 
| [01:04] | Stop it. | 别说了 | 
| [01:05] | You can’t know for sure. | 你没法确定的 | 
| [01:06] | How could she carry the body to that bath, huh? | 她一个人怎么能把尸体抬到浴缸里 嗯 | 
| [01:08] | She would have to drag him, | 她只能拖着走 | 
| [01:09] | in which case there would be carpet fibres all over his clothes. | 那么他的衣服上应该全都是地毯纤维 | 
| [01:12] | There is nothing introduced about the carpet fibres. | 案件中从来没有提到地毯纤维 | 
| [01:15] | Doug, did you go back to that house? | Doug 你回去过那个房子吗 | 
| [01:17] | All I’m telling you, Mary Jane didn’t. | 我只能告诉你 Mary Jane没有杀人 | 
| [01:50] | Ellenor Ellenor. | |
| [01:54] | George Vogelman, remember? | 我是George Vogelman 记得吗 | 
| [01:56] | Of course I remember. How are you? | 当然记得 你最近怎样 | 
| [01:59] | I’m fine. Yourself? | 我挺好 你呢 | 
| [02:02] | I’m fine, I’m.. I’m fine. | 我挺好 我…挺好 | 
| [02:05] | This is the place where you work, eh? | 这就是你工作的地方 | 
| [02:07] | where you litigate? | 你负责诉讼的地方 | 
| [02:09] | Yep, this is… this is it. | 嗯 就是这里 | 
| [02:12] | So, what brings you here, George? | 那么 什么风把你吹来了 George | 
| [02:15] | Actually I’m going in a litigation too. | 事实上 我正准备打一场官司 | 
| [02:17] | Oh. | 噢 | 
| [02:18] | I’m representing myself, so I’m a little nervous, but, | 我准备自己出庭 所以有点紧张 不过 | 
| [02:21] | well, you remember my ad, I’d like to take chances. | 嗯 你记得我的广告 我喜欢接受挑战 | 
| [02:24] | Ah, yeah. | 是啊 | 
| [02:27] | I’m sorry, have you been sued? | 抱歉问一句 你被起诉了吗 | 
| [02:29] | Heavens know, I’m the plaintiff, I’m doing the suing. | 天知道 我是原告 是我起诉别人的 | 
| [02:33] | I’m actually getting excited about it. | 事实上 我还有点兴奋呢 | 
| [02:36] | Well, that’s great, it’s really great. | 嗯 那太好了 真的太好了 | 
| [02:38] | Maybe I can come down and catch your action sometime. | 改天 或许我能过去看看你的诉讼 | 
| [02:42] | I’m sure you will. | 我肯定你会去的 | 
| [02:43] | Here is the summons. | 这是传票 | 
| [02:45] | I’m suing you. | 我正式起诉你了 | 
| [02:47] | What? | 什么 | 
| [03:43] | -Bobby. -Hey, Joel. | -Bobby -嘿 Joel | 
| [03:44] | -How are you doing? -Good. | -你最近怎样 -挺好 | 
| [03:45] | Just sit up in the conference room, I’ll be right in there. | 先去会议室坐会 我马上就过去 | 
| [03:48] | Ok. | 好的 | 
| [03:52] | Jimmy, I can go with you on this. | Jimmy 我可以跟你一起做这个案子 | 
| [03:55] | No. I’m ready. | 不 我准备好了 | 
| [03:57] | ** just pissed off a little, eh, I don’t need anybody’s help. | 我只是嗓子有点不舒服 用不着帮忙 | 
| [04:01] | Just don’t want you going down for the count if I can help. | 只是不想你出什么差错 如果我可以帮忙的话 | 
| [04:04] | I’ll be fine. | 我没事 | 
| [04:09] | If you calm down, Ellenor, | 如果你冷静下来 Ellenor | 
| [04:10] | I’ll tell you why you should calm down. | 我会告诉你为什么应该冷静 | 
| [04:12] | This is ridiculous, it is gotta be against public policy. | 这太荒谬了 违背公共政策 | 
| [04:15] | He can’t sue me for not wanting to date him. | 他不能因为我不想和他约会就起诉我 | 
| [04:18] | This is a straight rule 12, failure to state. | 这完全符合第12条 不属于法院受案范围 | 
| [04:21] | What’s going on? | 怎么了 | 
| [04:23] | She’s getting sued by the Podiatrist. | 她被那个足科医生起诉了 | 
| [04:25] | What’s with him? | 他怎么回事 | 
| [04:26] | Jury trial. | 陪审团审判 | 
| [04:27] | I want to file a 12(b)6, | 我要以第12条之b-6提出抗辩 | 
| [04:29] | I want to get it kicked now, Eugene. | 我要马上把它挡回去 Eugene | 
| [04:31] | We’ll go in this morning. | 我们今天上午就去 | 
| [04:33] | You can’t sue somebody for not wanting to go out with you. | 你不能因为别人不愿跟你约会就起诉她 | 
| [04:36] | No, you can’t. | 嗯 不能 | 
| [04:37] | It’s outrageous. | 太可恶了 | 
| [04:45] | Maybe you should see a doctor. | 或许你该看看医生 | 
| [04:46] | Oh, I’m okay. | 噢 我没事 | 
| [04:50] | I think I’m just hung over. | 我想只是宿醉 | 
| [04:53] | Maybe I can’t drink wine any more. | 或许我不能再喝酒了 | 
| [05:01] | Or maybe I’m nauseous over oooo | 我想吐也许是因为… | 
| [05:02] | I promised myself I wouldn’t get back involved with this guy. | 我答应过自己不会再跟那个人有什么牵扯 | 
| [05:06] | Ah, you got weak. | 噢 你心软了 | 
| [05:07] | I don’t know what came over me. | 我不知道自己抽什么风了 | 
| [05:09] | I mean I didn’t even use protection. | 我甚至没有采取保护措施 | 
| [05:13] | Oh, maybe I’m pregnant. | 噢 或许我怀孕了 | 
| [05:15] | Maybe this is morning sickness. | 说不定这是晨吐 | 
| [05:17] | Lindsay, it doesn’t work that fast. | Lindsay 不会这么快的 | 
| [05:19] | I’m going to the doctor. | 我要去看医生 | 
| [05:21] | Did you put the Seconal in his wine? | 你是不是把萨可诺掺在他的酒里 | 
| [05:24] | Yes. | 是 | 
| [05:25] | Is Mr. Wiggins uncounscious when yo carried him to the bathtub? | 你把Wiggins先生抬到浴缸时 他已经没有意识了吗 | 
| [05:28] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [05:30] | Did you kill Nicole Brown Simpon and Ronald Goldman? | 你有没有杀Nicole Brown Simpon和Ronald Goldman(辛普森案中的两名受害人) | 
| [05:33] | No. | 没有 | 
| [05:34] | Did you kill John Wiggins? | 你是不是杀了John Wiggins | 
| [05:36] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [05:38] | Did his wife help you? | 他妻子有帮你吗 | 
| [05:39] | No. | 没有 | 
| [05:41] | Does Mary Jane Wiggins know that you killed her husband? | Mary Jane Wiggins知道你杀了她丈夫吗 | 
| [05:44] | No. | 不知道 | 
| [05:46] | Are you in love with Mary Jane Wiggins? | 你是不是爱着Mary Jane Wiggins | 
| [05:51] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [05:53] | I’ve been with the paper almost 9 years. | 我在报社工作将近九年了 | 
| [05:56] | 9 years, and all this time as the film critic? | 九年 一直是影评人吗 | 
| [06:00] | Sometimes I’d even do copy work in a pinch, | 人手不够的时候我甚至还做抄写的活 | 
| [06:02] | there is nobody more loyal. | 没人比我更忠诚了 | 
| [06:05] | And when he fired you completely without cause, did your boss… | 当你的老板毫无理由解雇你时 他有没有… | 
| [06:07] | Objection. | 反对 | 
| [06:09] | What? | 怎么了 | 
| [06:10] | I think your question might have contained a legal conclusion, | 我想你的提问可能包含了法律结论 | 
| [06:12] | counsel. Those conclusions are for them to draw. | 律师 那些结论应该由他们来下 | 
| [06:16] | Oh, forgive me, you honour. | 噢 请原谅 法官阁下 | 
| [06:18] | And I’d like to take this opportunity to apologize to the jury | 我也想趁此机会跟陪审团道歉 | 
| [06:21] | if my question in any way usurped their authority . | 如果我的提问有任何僭越他们权力的地方 | 
| [06:24] | The jury system is what makes the American system of justice | 陪审团制度使得美国拥有 | 
| [06:27] | the best on earth and I would never give any… | 全世界最好的司法制度 我不会给… | 
| [06:29] | Well, let’s just move forward. | 行了 我们继续吧 | 
| [06:32] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [06:34] | Mr. Papp, did your boss, Mr. Holt, | Papp先生 你的老板Holt先生 | 
| [06:36] | offer you any reason for terminating your employment | 在你多年忠诚服务后解雇你 | 
| [06:39] | after so many years of loyal service? | 有给出任何理由吗 | 
| [06:41] | He did. | 有 | 
| [06:43] | What was his stated reason, sir? | 他是怎么说的 先生 | 
| [06:45] | He said I look like a monkey. | 他说我长得像只猴子 | 
| [06:47] | And it’s hard for me to relieve it here in this court room | 在这个法庭上 在我的亲人面前 | 
| [06:51] | in front of relatives. | 我简直说不出口 | 
| [06:53] | Did he criticise your job performance in anyway? | 他有在任何方面批评你的工作表现吗 | 
| [06:56] | No, he did not. He just said I had too much body hair. | 没有 他只是说我的体毛太多了 | 
| [07:00] | It was very painful for me. | 这让我非常难过 | 
| [07:02] | A couple of collegues started leaving bananas at my desk. | 有几个同事甚至开始在我桌上放香蕉 | 
| [07:06] | And this caused you great emotional distress? | 这让你承受了巨大的精神压力 | 
| [07:08] | Objection. | 反对 | 
| [07:09] | What? | 怎么了 | 
| [07:10] | It’s that legal conclusion thing again. | 又是法律结论 | 
| [07:12] | Oh, what feelings, if any, did or do you have as a result | 噢 你刚才陈述的在先事实 是否曾经 | 
| [07:18] | of these previous events you just previously testified to. | 或正在令你产生何种感觉 如果有的话 | 
| [07:24] | Like I said, it cause me pain, so much so, | 如我所说 我觉得非常难过 以至于 | 
| [07:28] | it was hard for me to get other work cause what he said, | 他说的话令我很难再去找其它工作 | 
| [07:31] | hard for me to even go on interviews. | 甚至很难去面试 | 
| [07:34] | Cause every time I look in the mirror now, I see it. | 因为现在 每次我照镜子 都会看见 | 
| [07:37] | See what, sir? | 看见什么 先生 | 
| [07:39] | A monkey. | 一只猴子 | 
| [07:41] | The law of deceit is intended to protect people from | 关于欺诈的法律 所保护的是那些 | 
| [07:44] | relying mistakenly on willful fraud lies in misrepresentations. | 因误信他人故意欺诈的失实陈述而遭受损害之人 | 
| [07:48] | Excuse me, counselor, | 不好意思 先生 | 
| [07:50] | but deceit is a common law tort | 欺诈是普通法上的侵权行为 | 
| [07:52] | that applies only to commercial transactions. | 仅适用于商业交易 | 
| [07:55] | Yes, but as I understand it, | 是的 但我对此的理解是 | 
| [07:56] | if I rely to my financial and emotional detriment | 如果我的财产和精神损害是基于 | 
| [07:59] | on Miss Frutt’s advertisement, that constitute… | 信赖Frutt小姐的广告 那就构成… | 
| [08:01] | A personal listing in a newspaper is not an advertisement. | 报纸上的个人介绍不是广告 | 
| [08:04] | I assume you have citation. | 你应该有这份个人介绍吧 | 
| [08:07] | My client’s listing was a statement of her social availability, | 我的当事人的介绍 只是表明她愿意与人交往 | 
| [08:10] | it in no way constitute an offer for goods or services. | 无论如何不构成商品或服务的要约 | 
| [08:13] | That’s not true. | 不对 | 
| [08:15] | Here, this is from her ad. | 这是她的广告 | 
| [08:18] | Attractive 30’s lawyer, loves man and horseback running. | “三十出头的魅力律师 喜欢男人和骑马” | 
| [08:22] | Here we go, | 看这里 | 
| [08:23] | not afraid to explore beyond looks and first impressions, | “不惧挖掘外表和第一印象以外的东西 | 
| [08:26] | eager to discover life beneath the surface. | 渴望发现生活的真谛” | 
| [08:30] | She was saying “this was who I am”. And it was a lie. | 她说”这就是我” 但她在说谎 | 
| [08:33] | How do you know it was a lie? | 你怎么知道她在说谎呢 | 
| [08:35] | The moment she saw me she turned green. | 她看见我的那一刻 脸都绿了 | 
| [08:38] | And 13 minutes later our dinner date was canceled. | 13分钟后 她取消了我们的晚餐约会 | 
| [08:41] | Oh, and she’s never been in horseback riding. | 噢 还有她从没骑过马 | 
| [08:44] | Not once? | 一次都没有 | 
| [08:45] | Your honour, there is no known cause of action | 法官阁下 他这是因为社交拒绝而要求赔偿 | 
| [08:48] | that compensate someone for social rejection | 但从来没有这样的诉由 | 
| [08:51] | as I’m sure this court has more pressing issues… | 我想法庭还有更紧要的事项… | 
| [08:53] | Not so fast, | 先别急 | 
| [08:54] | I’m not sure whether Mr. Vogelman here has a cause of action | 我不确定Vogelman先生是真有诉由 | 
| [08:57] | or just bruise his ego. | 还是仅仅伤了自尊心 | 
| [08:58] | On the other hand, | 另一方面 | 
| [08:59] | the law recognize many forms of tortious behaviour | 法律规定了多种形式的侵权行为 | 
| [09:02] | and before I go to dismiss anything, | 我需要多了解一些事实 | 
| [09:04] | I want to take a little discovery. | 然后才能决定是否驳回 | 
| [09:06] | You can’t be serious. | 你不是说真的吧 | 
| [09:07] | Oh, but I can. | 噢 是真的 | 
| [09:09] | Take your depositions, | 安排证言笔录 | 
| [09:10] | I’ll give you 24 hours, we’ll see what comes out. | 我给你们24个小时 看看你们能提出什么证据 | 
| [09:20] | It’s open. | 门开着 | 
| [09:25] | Again? | 又来 | 
| [09:27] | People are going to think there is something going on between us. | 人们会以为我们俩关系暧昧 | 
| [09:30] | That would be good for my image. | 那对我的形象有好处 | 
| [09:32] | Mine too. | 我也是 | 
| [09:40] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么呢 | 
| [09:44] | Paper dolls, I’m making them for my granddaughter. | 剪纸 给我孙女做的 | 
| [09:51] | So, what is it? | 说吧 这次又是什么 | 
| [09:55] | It’s bad. | 这次糟了 | 
| [09:57] | I get to do the…the big hypothetic **. | 我来给你做个假设吧 | 
| [10:01] | Oh, no. | 噢 不 | 
| [10:05] | What if a defence attorney came to know, | 如果一个辩护律师发现 | 
| [10:08] | how he came to know he can’t reveal, | 至于怎么发现的他不能透露 | 
| [10:11] | that a person was about to go to jail | 某个无辜的人 | 
| [10:13] | for a crime she or he did not commit? | 将要坐牢 | 
| [10:16] | what if he knew they absolutely have the wrong person | 如果他知道他们绝对判错人了 | 
| [10:19] | but he can’t implicate the right person for various reasons? | 但因为各种原因 他不能指出真正的罪犯 | 
| [10:24] | damn it Bobby. | 该死 Bobby | 
| [10:26] | I didn’t know until I have to. | 我知道的时候已经无可挽回了 | 
| [10:27] | This is what happens when you start pulling ** aside. | 这全是你的错 | 
| [10:31] | oh,God, He is not making this up, | 上帝 他不是编的吧 | 
| [10:36] | is he just to bring his girlfriend? | 不是为了救他女朋友而编的吧 | 
| [10:39] | He passed a lie detector. | 他通过了测谎仪 | 
| [10:45] | What? | 什么 | 
| [10:48] | Are you sure about this Cindy? | 你确定吗 Cindy | 
| [10:52] | Could you fax me that result? | 你可以把结果传真给我吗 | 
| [10:54] | Thanks. | 谢谢 | 
| [10:59] | What’s up? | 怎么回事 | 
| [11:00] | Nothing | 没事 | 
| [11:04] | Okay Lindsay what’s the matter. | 行了 Lindsay 出什么事了 | 
| [11:07] | The uh, my doctor did a blood test, put a rush on it because ah, | 呃 医生帮我做了个血检 加急的 因为… | 
| [11:12] | I don’t believe this. | 我都不敢相信 | 
| [11:16] | Are you pregnant? | 你怀孕了 | 
| [11:18] | No. | 不 | 
| [11:21] | They found traces of GHB. | 他们在我体内发现了GHB | 
| [11:24] | GH what? | GH什么 | 
| [11:25] | Gamma Hydroxy Butaray. It’s also known as Liquid X. | 羟基丁酸钠 又叫G水 | 
| [11:29] | Liquid X? | G水 | 
| [11:30] | The more popular name is “easy lay”. | 更通俗的名字叫”轻易躺” | 
| [11:35] | What are you talking about. | 你在说什么呀 | 
| [11:36] | Liquid X Rebecca. It’s that date rape drug. | G水 Rebecca 那是种迷奸药 | 
| [11:39] | That’s why I was so… | 所以我才会那么… | 
| [11:43] | Chris must have drugged me. | Chris肯定对我下药了 | 
| [11:51] | Well, he was an ok worker, | 呃 他是个过得去的员工 | 
| [11:52] | not a great journalist by any means, | 无论如何也称不上优秀的记者 | 
| [11:55] | but a good guy. | 但是人还不错 | 
| [11:56] | Why did you discharge him, Mr. Holt? | 你为什么解雇他 Holt先生 | 
| [11:59] | He looked like a monkey. | 他长得像只猴子 | 
| [12:00] | There were other reasons than that, were there not? Mr. Holt? | 此外还有其它的理由 不是吗 Holt先生 | 
| [12:05] | Oh, sure. Like I said, the, he wasn’t this great journalist. | 噢 当然 像我说的 他不是个优秀的记者 | 
| [12:10] | And he was always complaining. | 而且他总是在抱怨 | 
| [12:12] | You got to understand, | 要知道 | 
| [12:13] | The Harbor is a small paper, we need morale. | 港湾报是份小报 我们需要激情 | 
| [12:16] | Harry didn’t have it, | Harry毫无激情 | 
| [12:17] | you didn’t Harry. | 你毫无激情 Harry | 
| [12:18] | Mr. Holt, don’t address the plaintiff. | Holt先生 不要对原告说话 | 
| [12:21] | I have been addressed him for 9 years, judge. | 我对他说了九年了 法官 | 
| [12:23] | Well, we don’t do that in here. | 在法庭上你不能对他说话 | 
| [12:25] | That strikes me silly. | 我觉得这很傻 | 
| [12:27] | Look, like I was saying, we are a small paper, | 我已经说过了 我们是份小报 | 
| [12:30] | everybody has got a ** for each other, even sell ad space. | 每个人都要做出贡献 甚至包括拉广告 | 
| [12:35] | In fact, that may be our biggest job. | 事实上 那可能是我们最主要的工作 | 
| [12:38] | We don’t sell ad space, we don’t get to sell our papers. | 我们卖报纸 还不就是为了拉广告 | 
| [12:40] | And the plaintiff wasn’t selling advertising space? | 原告没有拉广告吗 | 
| [12:44] | Who would buy anything from him? | 谁会找他投广告啊 | 
| [12:46] | Hair coming out of his collar climing up his neck like a vine? | 体毛沿着他的领口伸出来 像草一样长满他的脖子 | 
| [12:49] | He looks like a monkey. | 他长得像只猴子 | 
| [12:50] | Did you leave bananas on his desk, sir? | 你有没有在他桌子上放香蕉 先生 | 
| [12:54] | Of course not. And I didn’t encourage it. | 当然没有 而且我也不赞成这样做 | 
| [12:58] | And what he didn’t tell this court | 但他没有告诉法庭的是 | 
| [13:00] | is after he get all hurt by these bananas, he ate them. | 在被那些香蕉伤透了心之后 他全给吃了 | 
| [13:04] | Move to strike, that is irrelevant. | 请求不予记录 与案件无关 | 
| [13:06] | He started turning into this negative person, | 他变成了一个消极的人 | 
| [13:09] | I can’t keep hearing complaints from somebody with a hairy neck. | 我不能忍受整天听一个长着毛茸茸脖子的人抱怨 | 
| [13:11] | Objection. | 反对 | 
| [13:12] | Sustained. | 反对有效 | 
| [13:14] | Why don’t we take a break? | 不如我们休息一下 | 
| [13:17] | You admit it. | 你承认了 | 
| [13:18] | Lindsay what’s the big deal. | Lindsay 这算什么大事 | 
| [13:19] | The big deal. The big deal. | 大事 大事是 | 
| [13:21] | You drugged me. | 你对我下药 | 
| [13:22] | You slipped an illegal drug into my wine without telling me. | 你偷偷地把违禁药物放进我酒里 | 
| [13:24] | You then sleep with me while I’m under the influence. | 然后乘着药效跟我上床 | 
| [13:26] | The big deal is called rape. | 这叫强奸 | 
| [13:29] | First of all it was such a minimal dosage. | 首先 剂量微乎其微 | 
| [13:31] | Minimal. You can’t regulate it with any accuracy. | 微乎其微 你没法准确控制剂量 | 
| [13:33] | Second of all, I’ve always drugged you one way or another | 其次 我一直给你下药 | 
| [13:35] | and you’ve always known about it without wanting to know about it | 你也一直都知道 只是不愿说破 | 
| [13:38] | so lets not pretend. | 所以别再装了 | 
| [13:39] | What are you talking about. | 你在说什么 | 
| [13:40] | You know exactly what I’m talking about. | 你很清楚我在说什么 | 
| [13:42] | Have you ever known anyone more uptight about sex than you. | 你数得出来有谁比你对性爱更保守吗 | 
| [13:44] | That’s not the point. | 这不是重点 | 
| [13:45] | No.the point is you liked it | 对 重点是你喜欢这样 | 
| [13:46] | when I slopped a little something in the brownies you | 当我往你的巧克力里边加点料 | 
| [13:48] | you were glad when I didn’t tell you about it. | 你也希望我不要告诉你 | 
| [13:50] | Your talking about stuff that went on in college. | 你说的是大学时代的事了 | 
| [13:52] | -It has nothing to do with this. -I am talking about | -跟这件事毫无关系 -我说的是 | 
| [13:54] | you being incapable of enjoying sex | 如果不用药物消除你的心理障碍 | 
| [13:56] | without something to take away your inhibitions. | 你就不能享受性爱 | 
| [13:58] | I am talking about how we both know | 我说的是 我们都清楚 | 
| [14:00] | you loved it more the nights of | 如果你能假装不知道我用了药物 | 
| [14:02] | and felt less guilty the day after | 你可以更享受 | 
| [14:03] | if you could pretend you didn’t know I wasn’t loosening you up. | 第二天也会少些负罪感 | 
| [14:06] | Wine is one thing. Last night you slipped me an illegal drug. | 喝酒是一回事 昨晚你偷偷给我用了违禁药物 | 
| [14:12] | Okay, the stuff might have been a bit stronger. | 好吧 那玩意可能劲太大 | 
| [14:14] | If so I apologize. | 如果是这样的话我道歉 | 
| [14:17] | But I didn’t do anything we didn’t do before. | 但这不是第一次了 | 
| [14:20] | And you know that. | 你自己也知道 | 
| [14:24] | When you described yourself in your ad as | 你在广告上描述自己 | 
| [14:25] | someone eager to discover life beneath the surface, | 渴望发现生活的真谛 | 
| [14:28] | what did you mean? | 那是什么意思 | 
| [14:30] | I think it’s pretty obvious what that means. | 我想意思非常明显 | 
| [14:32] | So, when we spoke on the phone of my first marriage, | 那么 当我们在电话里谈到我的第一次婚姻 | 
| [14:35] | about my kids, | 我的孩子 | 
| [14:36] | that was you trying to discover the life below the surface? | 你是在尝试发现生活的真谛吗 | 
| [14:40] | I suppose. | 我想是的 | 
| [14:41] | Do you recall telling me that you’ve never felt so comfortable | 你记不记得跟我说过 和我聊天 | 
| [14:43] | talking to a man as you felt with me? | 让你觉得前所未有的自在 | 
| [14:46] | I may have said that. | 我可能说过 | 
| [14:48] | And when we spoke on the phone, | 当我们在电话里交谈 | 
| [14:49] | didn’t we mutually share our respective hurt | 说起被人以貌取人地拒绝而伤害 | 
| [14:52] | at being rejected on physical appearance alone? | 我们不是很有共鸣吗 | 
| [14:55] | We talked about a lot of stuff, George, I don’t think… | 我们谈了很多 George 我不认为 | 
| [14:57] | And didn’t we talk about that? | 我们没有谈过这个吗 | 
| [15:01] | Yes. | 谈过 | 
| [15:03] | And yet, as soon as you saw me, you became unintrested. | 但是 你一见到我 还是马上失去兴趣了 | 
| [15:08] | I just didn’t think things would work out. | 我只是觉得事情不会有结果 | 
| [15:11] | Why not? | 为什么 | 
| [15:12] | I just didn’t think so. | 我就是这么觉得 | 
| [15:14] | Why not? | 为什么 | 
| [15:19] | Asked and answered. | 重复提问 | 
| [15:22] | Was it because of I’m losing my hair? | 是不是因为我脱发 | 
| [15:24] | Don’t have the **? Bad skins? | 身材走样 皮肤又差 | 
| [15:26] | Not just physical appearance, George, it was… | 不只是外表 George 是… | 
| [15:30] | I don’t know, it was demeanor as well. | 我不知道 也是因为举止 | 
| [15:34] | -Demeanor? What was my demeanor? | 举止 我的什么举止 | 
| [15:38] | A demeanor that didn’t attract me. That’s all I can say. | 无法吸引我的举止 我只能这么说 | 
| [15:43] | One of the things that attracted me to you | 你吸引我的地方之一 | 
| [15:44] | was your incredible abilitiy to articulate | 是你清晰表达自己想法和感受的 | 
| [15:46] | what you think and feel. | 那种不可思议的能力 | 
| [15:49] | So what was it about my demeanor? | 那么 我的举止怎么了 | 
| [15:53] | You struck me as, | 你让我觉得… | 
| [15:57] | as kind of a loser. | 是个庸人 | 
| [16:01] | A loser? | 庸人 | 
| [16:03] | All that self deprecating charm on the phone, | 在电话里那种自嘲的魅力 | 
| [16:06] | in person it just wasn’t that charming. | 见面之后就不那么迷人了 | 
| [16:09] | It was immediately sad, even a little pathetic. | 马上就变成沮丧 甚至有点可怜 | 
| [16:17] | And you think… | 而你觉得… | 
| [16:19] | and you think that you deserved better? | 你觉得我配不上你 | 
| [16:23] | I never said that. | 我从来没说过 | 
| [16:24] | Well, why don’t you say it? please. | 为什么不说呢 说出来吧 | 
| [16:28] | Ok. I wanted more. | 好吧 我想要更好的 | 
| [16:33] | I didn’t want to play the fat girl by the punch boo | 我不想胖女人配书呆子 | 
| [16:35] | who lives with the nerd. | 被人当作笑料 | 
| [16:37] | I wanted more than that. | 我想要更好的 | 
| [16:41] | I’m sorry. | 对不起 | 
| [16:47] | It seems we have two options. | 看来我们有两个选择 | 
| [16:49] | Reopen the case. | 重新审理 | 
| [16:50] | It won’t help. | 不管用 | 
| [16:52] | Look, we always knew, she couldn’t have done it alone. | 我们早就知道 不可能是她一个人干的 | 
| [16:54] | We had two theories, | 我们有两种推测 | 
| [16:56] | either he did it or they did it together. | 要么是男方干的 要么是他俩一起干的 | 
| [16:58] | We were kind of hoping if he had acted so, | 鉴于男方在庭上的做法 | 
| [17:00] | then she would turn state’s evidence. | 我们本来希望她愿意帮检方作证 | 
| [17:02] | I still think they did it together. | 我仍然认为是他们一起干的 | 
| [17:03] | They didn’t. | 不是的 | 
| [17:04] | Can you prove that? | 你能证明吗 | 
| [17:05] | We could stipulate to the polygraph. | 我们可以做测谎 | 
| [17:07] | oh,right. | 噢 是啊 | 
| [17:08] | Keith, I get nothing invested here. | Keith 这本来不关我的事 | 
| [17:10] | My guy is free. She wasn’t in on it. | 我的当事人反正已经自由了 她真的没有参与 | 
| [17:12] | The jury says she was. | 陪审团说她有 | 
| [17:14] | Come on, what are we doing here? | 拜托 我们这是在干什么 | 
| [17:16] | Look, I’ll consider, and I mean consider here. | 听着 我会考虑的 我正在考虑 | 
| [17:19] | We can bring federal criminal claims, plus perjury. | 我们可以提起联邦指控 加上伪证罪 | 
| [17:22] | He agrees to plea guilty to both, | 他要认下这两个罪名 | 
| [17:24] | no double jeopardy challenges from you, 30 years. | 你不能以”双重危险”抗辩 30年监禁 | 
| [17:27] | He won’t do that, he is not going to jail. | 他不会同意的 他不同意坐牢 | 
| [17:29] | Well, then we have nothing to talk about, Bobby. | 那我们没什么可谈的了 Bobby | 
| [17:31] | I’m not letting them both go free. | 我不会让他们两个都自由的 | 
| [17:33] | This is a solved and closed case, | 这个案子已经审理完毕 已经结案 | 
| [17:35] | and I’m very happy to keep it that way. | 我很乐意保持现状 | 
| [17:38] | Your honour? | 法官阁下 | 
| [17:40] | I’m afraid I have to agree with the District Attorney here. | 恐怕我只能同意检察官的意见 | 
| [17:44] | Without new and conclusively ** evidence, | 如果没有新的 确凿的证据 | 
| [17:47] | there are no grounds to reopen. | 我们没有理由重新审理 | 
| [17:49] | Her convictioin has to stand. | 她的有罪判决只能维持 | 
| [17:52] | We do nothing then? | 那我们什么都不做吗 | 
| [17:53] | We proceed to sentencing. | 我们继续量刑判决 | 
| [17:57] | Mr. Holt, | Holt先生 | 
| [17:58] | you think it’s ok to fire somebody just cause the way they look? | 你认为可以因为某人的外表就解雇他吗 | 
| [18:01] | I do. | 是的 | 
| [18:02] | Looks alone, period. | 仅仅因为外表 | 
| [18:04] | Well, I wouldn’t fire somebody because of the colour of their skin, | 嗯 我不会因为某人的肤色而解雇他 | 
| [18:06] | if that’s what you are thinking. | 如果你是这么想的话 | 
| [18:08] | But for looking like a monkey, absolutely. | 但长得像猴子 当然可以 | 
| [18:11] | One can’t be a successful film critic given he is not attractive? | 一个人长得不好看 就做不了成功的影评人吗 | 
| [18:15] | What about Jean Charlotte? | 那Jean Charlotte呢 | 
| [18:18] | I knew he’d say that. | 我就知道他会这么说 | 
| [18:19] | Jean Charlotte is an exception. | Jean Charlotte是个例外 | 
| [18:21] | He is alway saying insipid things, | 而他总是说那些枯燥无味的话 | 
| [18:23] | what comes out of his mouth goes with looking like a monkey. | 从他嘴里蹦出来话正好配他那个猴子样 | 
| [18:26] | Is it true, sir, you fired another employee for being too fat? | 你以肥胖为由解雇了另一位员工 | 
| [18:30] | Sandra Bolt. | Sandra Bolt 是这样吗 先生 | 
| [18:32] | I don’t have a problem with fat. | 我对肥胖没有意见 | 
| [18:34] | But with Sandra, she wore sleeveless dresses. | 不过Sandra 她老穿无袖装 | 
| [18:37] | So whenever she would reach up or wave, | 所以当她抬手或挥手 | 
| [18:38] | this part would wiggle for a full minute. | 这里就会一直抖动 | 
| [18:42] | I fould it distracting. | 我觉得这太烦人 | 
| [18:43] | And Wein Kepkler? | 那么Wein Kepkler呢 | 
| [18:45] | Midget, I’m afraid of him. | 是个侏儒 我怕他 | 
| [18:46] | You scared of midget? | 你怕侏儒 | 
| [18:47] | I’m not proud of it, but for whatever reason, | 我也不想这样 但不管出于什么原因 | 
| [18:49] | I get nervous around them. | 在他们旁边我觉得紧张 | 
| [18:52] | You also fired Kim Alrumter | 你还解雇了Kim Alrumter | 
| [18:53] | for having doughnut breath? | 说她呼气有甜甜圈的味道 | 
| [18:55] | I tried to diet, she comes in smelling like **, | 我当时在减肥 她闻起来像个甜甜圈 | 
| [18:58] | it’s bad for my discipline. | 影响我的自制力 | 
| [19:00] | I can’t tell whether we are winning or losing here. | 我真不知道我们是会赢是还是会输 | 
| [19:02] | Look, there is a reason for all these. | 听着 这些都有同一个理由 | 
| [19:05] | What’s that, sir? | 什么理由 先生 | 
| [19:07] | It’s my paper. | 这是我的报社 | 
| [19:09] | One of the reasons I hustled up investors to start my own company, | 我急着找投资者设立我的公司 | 
| [19:13] | is so it could be mine, | 正因为这样一来 它是我自己的公司 | 
| [19:15] | so I could choose the people I want to be around. | 我可以决定要那些人跟我一起工作 | 
| [19:18] | I could have gone to work some place else | 我本来也可以去其它公司上班 | 
| [19:20] | and gone by other people’s rules, but I didn’t want that. | 遵守其他人定下的规则 但我不愿这么做 | 
| [19:23] | And are you trying to tell me who I get to hire and who I can’t fire? | 你是想告诉我 我应该雇谁 不应该炒谁吗 | 
| [19:27] | I’m trying to say | 我想说的是 | 
| [19:28] | you can’t discriminate against people on account of looks alone. | 你不能仅仅因为外表就歧视别人 | 
| [19:31] | Oh, please, that kind of discrimination goes on all the time. | 哦 拜托 这样的歧视遍地都是 | 
| [19:35] | The only difference here is I admit it. | 所不同的只是 我愿意承认 | 
| [19:38] | Harry is a negative guy who looks like an ape, | Harry是个消极的人 长得像头猿 | 
| [19:41] | and I don’t want him to work for my company. | 我不要他为我的公司工作 | 
| [19:44] | There is a juror over there, | 那边有个陪审员 | 
| [19:45] | I won’t say which one, looks like a possum. | 我不会说出来是哪个 长得像只老鼠 | 
| [19:48] | I wouldn’t hire him either. | 我也不会雇用他的 | 
| [19:50] | I’m terriblely sorry, but I really think it’s time for another break. | 非常抱歉 我想应该再次休庭了 | 
| [19:53] | So what are you going to do? | 那你打算怎么办 | 
| [19:55] | What can I do. File charges? | 我能怎么办 控告他吗 | 
| [20:00] | Does this drug knock you out? | 这个药让你昏迷了吗 | 
| [20:01] | It could but it didn’t. | 有这个药效 不过我没昏迷 | 
| [20:02] | It just kind of made me giddy and incredibly… | 只是有点眩晕和非常地… | 
| [20:08] | Horny? | 欲火中烧 | 
| [20:09] | Yeah. | 嗯 | 
| [20:12] | Lindsay, how do you go about proving | Lindsay 你怎么证明 | 
| [20:15] | that you wouldn’t have consented. | 你本来不会同意 | 
| [20:17] | I mean you have with this guy before. | 毕竟 你们是旧情人 | 
| [20:19] | There were rumours flying around | 你们在会议桌上的风流韵事 | 
| [20:20] | about scratches on the conference table. | 被人津津乐道 | 
| [20:22] | But I know I wouldn’t have this time. | 但我知道这次我不会同意的 | 
| [20:24] | I regretted having to lemon-pledge the conference table | 会议桌的事全是因为年少无知 | 
| [20:26] | trust me.I made up my mind | 相信我 我已经下定决心 | 
| [20:27] | never to be anything but plutonic with him again. | 不会跟他再有任何纠葛 | 
| [20:30] | Then why did you go out with him, drink wine | 那你为什么和他出去喝酒呢 | 
| [20:32] | – Rebecca! – Relief | -Rebecca -别激动 | 
| [20:33] | I am just asking questions that are definitely going to get asked. | 这些是你必然要被问到的问题 | 
| [20:37] | There are rape shield laws in Massachusetts. | 马萨诸塞州有保护强奸受害人的法律 | 
| [20:38] | They can’t attack me. | 他们不能攻击我 | 
| [20:39] | Lindsay, this morning, over the toilet bowl | Lindsay 今天早上在洗手间 | 
| [20:41] | you told me you enjoyed it. | 你跟我说你很享受 | 
| [20:42] | Yeah, but it was only because of the drug. | 是的 但这全是因为药物的作用 | 
| [20:46] | I know myself Rebecca, I’m not capable of good sex. | 我了解自己 Rebecca 我不能好好做爱的 | 
| [20:51] | You told the DA? | 你告诉检察官了 | 
| [20:53] | (), it stays sealed | 放心吧 他也必须保密 | 
| [20:56] | Maybe I should just come out in public. | 或许我应该把它公之于众 | 
| [20:58] | Wouldn’t that put some political pressure on them to let her go? | 这样不是可以给他们施加政治压力 逼他们放她走吗 | 
| [21:01] | Doug, you don’t rank too high in the credibility pose right now. | Doug 你现在的可信度并不高 | 
| [21:04] | You lied on the stand. | 你在证人席上说过谎 | 
| [21:07] | They’ll just think you are lying now, | 他们只会认为你还在说谎 | 
| [21:08] | the polygraph is inadmissable. | 测谎的结论又不能作为证据 | 
| [21:11] | Why would I say I did it, what would be my motive? | 那我为什么要出来承认呢 我的动机是什么 | 
| [21:14] | To free your girlfriend? To get the money? | 为了救你的女友 为了钱 | 
| [21:17] | Which right now you don’t get. | 你现在可是一分钱都得不到 | 
| [21:19] | If Mary Jane is cleared, she suddenly qualifies | 假如Mary Jane被证明清白 她立即就有资格 | 
| [21:22] | with the insurance policies and the inheritance, | 领取保险赔偿和继承遗产 | 
| [21:24] | which is millions of dollars, | 那可是上百万美元 | 
| [21:26] | money you get to play with if you stay together. | 如果你们俩还在一起 就可以一起挥霍了 | 
| [21:29] | You think she’d stay with me after learning what I did. | 你觉得她知道我的所作所为之后 还会和我在一起吗 | 
| [21:32] | Look, you can do whatever you choose to do. | 听着 你自己想干什么就干什么 | 
| [21:33] | As your lawyer, let me give you this piece of legal advice. | 作为你的律师 让我给你一点法律建议 | 
| [21:37] | A public confession does not help Mary Jane. | 公开承认帮不了Mary Jane | 
| [21:41] | I do think it exposes you to federal criminal claims as well as perjury. | 反而会令你面临联邦指控和伪证罪的风险 | 
| [21:46] | She is still be going to jail, and so would you. | 她照样会坐牢 你也会 | 
| [21:53] | Hi, Andrea. | 嗨 Andrea | 
| [21:54] | Hi. What’s going on? | 嗨 怎么了 | 
| [21:59] | I, I went to judge Hiller and told her | 我去找过Hiller法官 告诉她 | 
| [22:03] | how I really did ambush you at the trial and that | 我确实是当庭伏击你 | 
| [22:05] | she and Pratt, should consider giving Mary Jane a new trial, | 希望她和Pratt考虑重新审理Mary Jane | 
| [22:09] | but, they refused. | 但是 他们拒绝了 | 
| [22:14] | Andrea, does Mary Jane, does, does she think that I turned on her? | Andrea Mary Jane有没有觉得是我出卖她的 | 
| [22:20] | No, she knows it was him. | 没有 她知道是他干的 | 
| [22:30] | I think it’s going well, but… | 我觉得进展不错 不过… | 
| [22:32] | But what? | 不过什么 | 
| [22:33] | Even though he was saying what I wanted, | 虽然我令他说出了我想让他说的话 | 
| [22:34] | I, I couldn’t tell if I was getting him or he was getting me. | 我仍然拿不准是我搞定了他 还是他搞定了我 | 
| [22:38] | It was a paradox. | 我判断不出来 | 
| [22:40] | What, what’s next? | 那接下来呢 | 
| [22:41] | Well, Harry has been recalled, he takes the stand again. | 嗯 Harry被重新传唤 他要再次作证 | 
| [22:44] | You want me there? | 需要我过去吗 | 
| [22:44] | No, I can do this, it’s ok. | 不用 我搞得定 没事 | 
| [22:47] | Jimmy, this, this case will become a slam-dunk, you know. | Jimmy 这个案子会给你开个好头 知道吗 | 
| [22:50] | I’m doing fine, Bobby. | 我做得很好 Bobby | 
| [22:51] | Ok. | 好吧 | 
| [22:52] | Mr. Papp, you weren’t a negavite person? | Papp先生 你不是个消极的人吗 | 
| [22:55] | I had my gripes like everybody else, | 像其他人一样 我有自己的牢骚 | 
| [22:57] | but it’s not like I walked around ** pessimism. | 但我并不是到处散播悲观情绪 | 
| [22:59] | And how would you describe your journalistic skills? | 那你怎么评价你的新闻技能呢 | 
| [23:02] | I describe them as good. | 我认为算好 | 
| [23:03] | And did the other reporters at The Harbor appreciate your skills? | 那么 港湾报的其他记者也认可你的技能吗 | 
| [23:07] | Look, everybody knows | 大家都知道 | 
| [23:07] | the discrimination that goes on against the film critic. | 人们对影评人存在偏见 | 
| [23:10] | Why don’t you **, Mr. Papp? | 可以说具体一点吗 Papp先生 | 
| [23:13] | They don’t think we are real journalists, | 他们认为我们不是真正的记者 | 
| [23:14] | they are jealous cause we get to interview celebrities. | 他们嫉妒 因为我们可以采访名人 | 
| [23:16] | In fact, | 事实上 | 
| [23:17] | the other reporters in your paper object to you even being | 你的同事甚至认为你没有资格 | 
| [23:20] | called the journalist, isn’t that right? | 称自己为记者 不是吗 | 
| [23:22] | So what? | 那又怎样 | 
| [23:23] | You think **. | 我们总是遇到各种各样的挖苦 | 
| [23:27] | they are all considered jokes. | 我们认为只不过是玩笑 | 
| [23:29] | This doesn’t bother us. | 根本不以为意 | 
| [23:31] | We know in our hearts if we weren’t there, | 因为我们内心很清楚 如果没有我们 | 
| [23:32] | the general public wouldn’t be able to decide | 公众根本不知道 | 
| [23:34] | whether they like the movie or not. | 某部电影好还是不好 | 
| [23:36] | Oh, but it does bother you, Mr. Patt. | 但是就你个人而言 你确实为此而烦恼 Patt先生 | 
| [23:38] | To know that you kind of ** really respected by your peers. | 因为你的同事们发自内心地尊重你的影评人同行 | 
| [23:41] | I don’t see the relevance in this. | 我看不出这与案件有什么关系 | 
| [23:42] | I’m trying to show that this is an embittered man | 我是想证明 他是个充满怨恨的人 | 
| [23:45] | who only finds gratification in attacking others. | 只能通过攻击他人获取满足感 | 
| [23:47] | That is he why he is attacking my client today. | 这正是他今天攻击我的当事人的原因 | 
| [23:50] | He fired me for looking like a monkey. | 他因为我长得像猴子而解雇我 | 
| [23:51] | Well looking like a bruting monkey | 准确地说 像一只未开化的猴子 | 
| [23:53] | who was casting a negative poll over the entire office. | 给整个办公室带来消极的气氛 | 
| [23:56] | This was never said. | 原告从来没有这样说过 | 
| [23:57] | -I’ll say it now. -Hey. | -我现在就说 -嘿 | 
| [23:58] | Mr. Holt, it’s not you on the stand, sir. | Holt先生 现在不是你作证 | 
| [24:00] | Please remain seated and quiet. | 请坐下并保持肃静 | 
| [24:04] | Have you been looking for other jobs, Mr. Patt? | 你去找过其他工作吗 Patt先生 | 
| [24:07] | I will. It’s too painful right now. | 我会找的 但现在我太痛苦了 | 
| [24:10] | Em, prior to your discharge, | 嗯 在解雇你之前 | 
| [24:11] | did my client repeatedly ask you to | 我的当事人是不是多次要求你 | 
| [24:13] | shave the hair on your neck | 把脖子上的毛剃了 | 
| [24:14] | and to trim the furs coming out of you ears? | 把耳朵上的毛梳理梳理 | 
| [24:17] | I did sometimes. | 我有时候要整理 | 
| [24:18] | But he wasn’t giving grooming tips to the other reporter. | 但他并没有对其他记者提出这一类的要求啊 | 
| [24:21] | The fact is that you were too lazy to comply with these requests, | 事实是你太懒了 不愿意遵从这些要求 | 
| [24:24] | isn’t that the truth, Mr. Patt? | 对吗 Patt先生 | 
| [24:25] | Objection. That’s a legal conclusion. | 反对 这是个法律结论 | 
| [24:28] | No, it isn’t. But I’ll sustain the objection anyway. | 不是 不过反对有效 | 
| [24:31] | On what grounds? | 以什么理由 | 
| [24:33] | I just ruled in your favour, counsel. | 这是对你有利的裁决 律师 | 
| [24:35] | I have here the last review prior to your discharge. | 我这里有你被解雇之前的最后一篇评论 | 
| [24:39] | It’s on the Island of Doctor Moreau, | 关于《莫罗医生的岛屿》 | 
| [24:42] | Did you write this review? | 这篇评论是你写的吗 | 
| [24:43] | I did. | 是的 | 
| [24:44] | Could you please read it for the court? | 你能在法庭上读一下吗 | 
| [24:52] | “It stinks.” | “糟透了” | 
| [24:54] | Would you consider that a lazy review? | 你不觉得这是个很偷懒的评论吗 | 
| [24:58] | I would consider that succinct. | 我觉得它很精炼 | 
| [25:02] | You want to repeat that? | 你再说一遍 | 
| [25:04] | You heard me Chris. | 我已经说得很清楚了 Chris | 
| [25:04] | Resign from the DA’s office or I file charges. | 辞去地区检察官职务 否则我会控告你 | 
| [25:07] | Whatever drug you’re on now Lindsay | 不管你被下的什么药 Lindsay | 
| [25:08] | it didn’t come from me. | 现在我可以一概不认账 | 
| [25:09] | If this file came across your desk you’d prosecute. | 如果你碰到这样的案子 你都会按强奸罪提出指控 | 
| [25:11] | Hey. Maybe I exercised poor judgement. | 嘿 或许是我判断失误 | 
| [25:13] | Poor judgement? | 判断失误 | 
| [25:14] | -Is that what you call it? -The sex was consensual. | -仅仅是判断失误 -那天是双方自愿的 | 
| [25:15] | I didn’t have the capacity to consent. | 我没有能力表示同意或者反对 | 
| [25:17] | I was under the influence. | 我被下了药 | 
| [25:18] | You had capacity. | 你有能力 | 
| [25:19] | -You initiated it. -Because of the drug. | -是你主动提出来的 -那是因为我被下了药 | 
| [25:23] | Lindsay, think about this. | Lindsay 你想清楚 | 
| [25:25] | I have thought about it all night | 我想了一整晚 | 
| [25:27] | and I can’t live with letting you get away with it. | 我不能让你逍遥法外 | 
| [25:30] | I will not resign my job. | 我不会辞去我的工作 | 
| [25:32] | And if you file charges, I will fight. | 如果你告我的话 我会反击 | 
| [25:35] | I don’t want to ruin your reputation Lindsay | 我不想毁坏你的名誉 Lindsay | 
| [25:36] | but I will not let you ruin mine. | 但我也不会让你毁坏我的名誉 | 
| [25:40] | I’ll do whatever it takes. | 我会不择手段的 | 
| [25:45] | Mr. Vogelman, | Vogelman先生 | 
| [25:46] | how many personals had you responded to prior to Miss Frutt? | 在Frutt小姐之前 你联系了多少个征友介绍 | 
| [25:49] | Around five or six. | 大概五 六个 | 
| [25:50] | And based upon your experience, is it your expectation | 根据你的经验 你是否期待 | 
| [25:53] | that whatever you read in a personal is going to be accurate? | 征友介绍上的信息完全准确 | 
| [25:55] | I hope so. | 我希望是这样 | 
| [25:56] | And when you and Miss Frutt met, | 你和Frutt小姐见面后 | 
| [25:58] | did she seem to live up to whatever expections you had? | 她是否符合你对她的期待 | 
| [26:01] | Actually she exceeded them, at first. | 实际上 她超出了我的期待 一开始是这样 | 
| [26:04] | So you formed a subsequent opinion | 也就是说你在见到她本人后 | 
| [26:06] | based on you meeting her personally? | 形成了对她的第二印象 | 
| [26:08] | Well, I suppose I did. | 嗯 我想是的 | 
| [26:09] | And yet you don’t feel Miss Frutt was free to | 而你却认为Frutt小姐没有权利 | 
| [26:11] | form a subsequent opinion? | 形成对你的第二印象 | 
| [26:12] | Not on sight, no. | 如果仅仅基于外表就不行 | 
| [26:14] | You will consider it unusual for person to be rejected on sight? | 你觉得因为外表而遭到拒绝是不正常的吗 | 
| [26:17] | I was expressly led to believe that she wouldn’t. | 她明确表示她不会这样做 | 
| [26:20] | Have you been rejected on sight before, Mr. Vogelman? | 你曾经因为外表被拒绝过吗 Vogelman先生 | 
| [26:22] | Many, many, many times. | 太多 太多 太多次了 | 
| [26:24] | Did you take these women to court? | 你把这些女人都告上法庭了吗 | 
| [26:26] | This woman made false representations. | 这个女人做了虚假陈述 | 
| [26:28] | Ah, so you weren’t hurt by the rejection. | 啊 所以伤害你的不是她的拒绝 | 
| [26:31] | You were hurt by her representations. | 而是她的陈述 | 
| [26:33] | You are doing a tricky lawyer thing now. | 你在耍狡猾的律师手段 | 
| [26:36] | I’m just trying to get out of the root of your pain and suffering. | 我只是试图找出你的痛苦和伤害的根源所在 | 
| [26:38] | Other women have rejected you who you didn’t sue, | 其他的女人也拒绝过你 你没有起诉 | 
| [26:40] | Miss Frutt, you do sue. | 偏偏起诉Frutt小姐 | 
| [26:42] | Was it just because she ran an ad or you somehow hurt more here? | 是因为她打了广告 还是因为她对你的伤害更深 | 
| [26:46] | Both. | 都有 | 
| [26:48] | Ok. And why did Miss Frutt’s rejection hurt more? | 好 那为什么Frutt小姐的拒绝对你伤害更深 | 
| [26:52] | I won’t be subjected to tricky lawyer questions. | 我拒绝回答狡猾的律师提问 | 
| [26:54] | There is nothing tricky about this, Mr. Vogelma. | 没什么狡猾不狡猾的 Vogelma先生 | 
| [26:56] | You filed a lawsuit here over a broken date. | 你因为约会失败而提起诉讼 | 
| [26:58] | I’m asking you why did this hurt more | 我在问你为什么这一次被拒绝 | 
| [27:00] | than the other times you’ve been rejected. | 对你的伤害更深 | 
| [27:02] | First, I was set up for a big fall, | 首先 我上了个大当 | 
| [27:04] | she led me to believe she wasn’t like the others. | 她让我相信 她不像其他人那样 | 
| [27:08] | And second? | 其次呢 | 
| [27:09] | Second, she is not like the others. | 其次 她确实跟其他人不一样 | 
| [27:16] | How so? | 怎么不一样 | 
| [27:19] | She is not pretty. | 她并不漂亮 | 
| [27:24] | I mean she is to me, | 我是说 我觉得她漂亮 | 
| [27:26] | but not in a conventional… | 但她不是通常意义上的… | 
| [27:32] | When an attractive women say no, | 当一个漂亮的女人拒绝我 | 
| [27:34] | I guess I’d be able to rationalise that they either have a boyfriend | 我能理解 她们要么已经有男朋友 | 
| [27:37] | or at least lots of choices. | 或者至少有很多选择余地 | 
| [27:41] | With you, I knew for a fact that you had no other choices. | 而你 我知道你没有选择余地 | 
| [27:47] | You led me to believe you were somewhat desperate. | 你令我相信 你愿意将就 | 
| [27:50] | Then upon one look at me, | 可是看到我的第一眼 | 
| [27:51] | you evidently said to yourself, not that desperate. | 你显然对自己说 不能这么将就 | 
| [27:56] | Imagine, | 想象一下 | 
| [27:57] | imagine what it feels like to be the nerd | 作为一个连胖妞 | 
| [27:59] | that can’t even get the fat girl by the punch boo. | 都不肯将就的书呆子 有何感受 | 
| [28:05] | She deserves to die. | 她应该死 | 
| [28:08] | I realize that Massachusetts doesn’t have the death penalty, | 我知道马萨诸塞州没有死刑 | 
| [28:11] | your honour, | 法官阁下 | 
| [28:13] | but I feel that she would warrant it, | 但我觉得她对我哥哥的所作所为 | 
| [28:14] | for what she did to my brother. | 使她有理由被判死刑 | 
| [28:18] | It wasn’t enough that she disgraced | 以婚外情来羞辱 | 
| [28:20] | and devastated him with an extra marital affair. | 和摧毁他还不够 | 
| [28:23] | Afraid of losing money, she poisoned him. | 因为担心失去钱财 她甚至给他下毒 | 
| [28:29] | This is a man who never hurt anybody. | 这个男人从没伤害过别人 | 
| [28:32] | Who never treated her with anything but love and kindness, | 他对她只有爱和体贴 | 
| [28:39] | he would probably even find some way to forgive her. | 他甚至可能会设法原谅她 | 
| [28:41] | But I can’t. | 但我做不到 | 
| [28:48] | You murdered a wonderful man. | 你谋杀了一个极好的男人 | 
| [28:50] | Please address your remarks to me, Mrs. Clark. | 请对着我说 Clark太太 | 
| [28:55] | I would ask that you punish this woman | 我请求你用 | 
| [28:57] | in a manner commensurate with her crime. | 与她罪行相称的方式惩罚她 | 
| [29:03] | Mr. Pratt, anybody else? | Pratt先生 还有其他人吗 | 
| [29:05] | No, your honour. | 没有了 法官阁下 | 
| [29:07] | Counsel? | 辩方律师 | 
| [29:09] | Your honour, I would only say that | 法官阁下 我只想说 | 
| [29:10] | my client maintains her innocence of this crime. | 我的当事人坚称自己是无罪的 | 
| [29:13] | Yes, well, for this proceeding I must presume her guilt. | 嗯 在法律程序中我只能认定她是有罪的 | 
| [29:16] | I understand. | 我明白 | 
| [29:17] | I would only add that the crime for which she was convicted, | 我只想补充一点 对于她被判有罪的罪行 | 
| [29:20] | though not technically one of passion, | 尽管理论上不属于激情犯罪 | 
| [29:21] | was one the state claims to be motivated by passion. | 检方却提出是受激情驱使 | 
| [29:25] | She has no previous record. | 她没有犯罪前科 | 
| [29:28] | I would also ask your honour to take into account | 我也请求法官阁下在量刑时考虑 | 
| [29:30] | the circumstantial nature of the prosecution’s case in sentencing. | 检方仅有间接证据这一事实 | 
| [29:34] | Thank you. | 谢谢 | 
| [29:37] | Alright, I’ll take this under… | 好了 我会把这考… | 
| [29:39] | Your honour, I’m an attorney of record on this case. | 法官阁下 我是该案的其中一方律师 | 
| [29:40] | I’d like to make a brief statement. | 我想做个简要的陈述 | 
| [29:42] | I’m not intrested in any statement atrorney Donnell has to make. | 我对Donnell律师的任何陈述都没有兴趣 | 
| [29:45] | I’m not intrested in directing my statement to you. | 我也没有兴趣向你陈述 | 
| [29:51] | I’ll hear you, counsel. | 你说吧 辩方律师 | 
| [29:56] | We all have roles to play in this process. | 在这场诉讼中 我们都有各自的角色 | 
| [29:59] | My role was, and still is, to protect that man sitting right there. | 我的角色是 至今还是 保护坐在那边的那个男人 | 
| [30:04] | Your role is to evaluate all the evidence, | 而你的角色是评价所有证据 | 
| [30:09] | all the circumstances surrounding the evidence | 评价围绕证据的所有情节 | 
| [30:13] | and all the facts that you may find to mitigate this matter. | 以及能减轻处罚的所有事实 | 
| [30:18] | I know what my role is, counsel, thank you. | 我知道我的角色是什么 律师 谢谢 | 
| [30:21] | I would ask that, your honour, | 我请求法官阁下 | 
| [30:22] | when you take this under advisement, | 当你周密地考虑量刑的时候 | 
| [30:24] | that you let yourself be guided not only by the law, | 不仅要接受法律的指引 | 
| [30:29] | but by your wisdom, and your conscience, | 还要接受你的智慧 你的良心的指引 | 
| [30:34] | as you have been may times. | 正如你一贯所做的那样 | 
| [30:37] | You are the one who gets to wear the robe. | 你是穿着法袍的人 | 
| [30:43] | Where does it end? | 何时是个尽头 | 
| [30:45] | You fire somebody because he is fat, or little, | 你因为某人太胖 太矮 | 
| [30:47] | or cause he is to pale, or cause he looks like a monkey? | 太苍白 或者长得像猴子就解雇他 | 
| [30:51] | It’s shameful. | 这是可耻的 | 
| [30:52] | It’s not a decent way to treat people. | 这不是正当的待人之道 | 
| [30:55] | There is an implied ** good faith in every contract, | 所有的合同都必然包含诚实信用原则 | 
| [30:58] | ladies and gentlemen, there is an implied agreement. | 女士们先生们 合同中有一个不言而喻的共识 | 
| [31:01] | You perform your job, you do good work, | 你履行自己的职责 出色地完成工作 | 
| [31:04] | you don’t get fired for looking funny. | 你就不会因为长得不好看而被炒 | 
| [31:07] | This man gave himself to that newspaper for 9 years | 这位先生为报社奉献了九年的时光 | 
| [31:11] | then he suddenly cut loose | 突然就被解雇了 | 
| [31:12] | cause his boss doesn’t feel like seeing his face. | 只因为他的老板不喜欢他的长相 | 
| [31:15] | It’s mean. It’s unfair. | 这很卑鄙 这不公平 | 
| [31:18] | Harry Patt deserve better. | Harry Patt不应该得到这种遭遇 | 
| [31:22] | Where does it end? | 何时是尽头 | 
| [31:24] | Where does it end? | 何时是尽头 | 
| [31:25] | Well, it begins and ends with the law. | 其始于法 也终于法 | 
| [31:28] | The law says you cannot discriminate on skin colour, | 法律规定 你不能因为肤色 | 
| [31:31] | or gender, or ethnicity, or handicaps. | 性别 种族 残障而歧视他人 | 
| [31:34] | But, | 但是 | 
| [31:34] | it provides no special protection to people who look like mokeys. | 法律并不特别保护长得像猴子的人 | 
| [31:40] | Now of course, there is an implied cover and fairness, but please, | 当然 人们要遵守普遍的公平原则 不过 | 
| [31:44] | one rule of fairness must be | 但公平原则肯定也包括 | 
| [31:45] | that if a man takes the personal and financial risks | 如果一个人承担个人及财产风险 | 
| [31:49] | to start his own company, | 来开办自己的公司 | 
| [31:50] | he must be allowed to control that company. | 他肯定应当被允许控制自己的公司 | 
| [31:53] | And if he wants to cater it to his personal aesthetic taste, | 如果他想按个人喜好来打造自己的公司 | 
| [31:56] | he should be allowed to. | 他应该得到允许 | 
| [31:58] | And let’s remember, it wasn’t just that Mr. Papp looks like a monkey, | 我们别忘了 Papp先生不仅是长得像猴子 | 
| [32:02] | he was an unhappy monkey, | 他还是个忧愁的猴子 | 
| [32:04] | which made The Harbor a less fun place to work. | 他破坏了港湾报的工作气氛 | 
| [32:07] | And there are other reporters and workers at The Harbor too, | 港湾报还有其他的记者和员工 | 
| [32:10] | what about them? | 他们怎么办 | 
| [32:11] | And by his own admission, Mr. Papp wasn’t terriblely skill, | Papp先生自己也承认 他的专业技能并不出众 | 
| [32:15] | he wasn’t popular among his co-workers, | 在同事中也不受欢迎 | 
| [32:17] | and not to make too much of this film critic business, | 还有 虽然我无意批评影评行业 | 
| [32:21] | but, let’s consider the job he does. | 但是 想想他的工作内容吧 | 
| [32:24] | Well truth be told, he doesn’t do anything. | 老实说 他什么都不干 | 
| [32:27] | He doesn’t work plans, he doesn’t take risks, | 他不制定工作计划 不承担风险 | 
| [32:29] | he just sits back and watches. | 他只是坐在那里看 | 
| [32:32] | Watches what other people do and then gives his opioion. | 看其他人的工作 然后发表自己的意见 | 
| [32:35] | I mean, is it any wonder | 想一想 | 
| [32:37] | that Harry Papp is grown to be so embittered? | Harry Papp这么苦闷 真是一点也不奇怪 | 
| [32:41] | He goes to the movies and writes about whether he likes it or not. | 他去电影院看电影 然后告诉别人他觉得好还是坏 | 
| [32:45] | That is his life’s work. | 这就是他一生的事业 | 
| [32:48] | How could he not end up embittered, | 他怎么能不苦闷 | 
| [32:51] | how could he not feel that his life is a big waste. | 他怎么能不觉得自己就是个大废物 | 
| [32:56] | Now, Harry Papp may be a nice man, | Harry Papp可能是个不错的人 | 
| [32:59] | but he is angry, | 但是他苦恼 | 
| [33:00] | angry that his profession is not taken seriously by his peers | 苦恼于他的职业不被同事所认可 | 
| [33:04] | or by anybody. | 不被任何人所认可 | 
| [33:05] | And he is looking to take it out on Mr. Holt. | 所以他要对Holt先生发泄自己的苦恼 | 
| [33:09] | And he is lazy. | 他还很懒 | 
| [33:12] | He has shown almost zero initiative, | 他没有一点积极性 | 
| [33:15] | harbors no ambition to be anything other than a watcher. | 他毫无进取心 只想当个观众 | 
| [33:19] | And on top of all of that, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, | 除了以上种种 陪审团的女士先生们 | 
| [33:27] | he looks like a monkey. | 他长得像只猴子 | 
| [33:36] | Hey | 嘿 | 
| [33:36] | Hey | 嘿 | 
| [33:40] | Are you okay | 你还好吗 | 
| [33:42] | Sure… | 没事 | 
| [33:52] | I went to the police. | 我去了警察局 | 
| [33:55] | I was going to report him, I was, | 我打算去报案的 我本来… | 
| [33:56] | but I mean uh what good, | 但是我… 有什么用… | 
| [34:01] | I didn’t go in. | 我没有进去 | 
| [34:02] | I just drove there but | 我只是开车到了那里 但… | 
| [34:05] | oh, I was going to go in but umm what good would… | 我本来打算进去 但…有什么用… | 
| [34:16] | I’m okay, I’m fine. | 我没事 我很好 | 
| [34:27] | George George. | |
| [34:28] | Ellenor. I was on my way up to see you. | Ellenor 我正要去找你呢 | 
| [34:33] | I’ve decided to drop the lawsuit. | 我决定撤诉 | 
| [34:35] | Oh, really, that’s… | 噢 真的 这… | 
| [34:38] | I think I was just need to, I guess strike back. | 我想我只是需要… 我想报复 | 
| [34:44] | I’m sorry I hurt you like that. | 对不起 我这样伤害你 | 
| [34:52] | Yeah, well, I wish you well in life, Ellenor. | 嗯 希望你幸福愉快 Ellenor | 
| [34:56] | Thank you.I wish you well too, George. | 谢谢 我也希望你幸福 George | 
| [35:12] | All rise. | 全体起立 | 
| [35:19] | Be seated. | 请坐 | 
| [35:27] | The crime of murder certainly speaks for itself. | 谋杀罪本身已经说明问题 | 
| [35:32] | That it was motivated by love for another man | 因为对另一个人的爱而驱使她杀人 | 
| [35:34] | is hardly a mitigating factor. | 很难作为减轻处罚的因素 | 
| [35:38] | That it was motivated by greed doesn’t occasion me | 因为对金钱的贪婪而驱使她杀人 | 
| [35:40] | to be more compassionate either. | 在我看来同样不值得同情 | 
| [35:45] | It is the order of this court that | 本庭裁定 | 
| [35:48] | Mary Jane Wiggins be sentenced to a life term | Mary Jane Wiggins被判终身监禁 | 
| [35:51] | with no possibility of parole at the Framingham Correctional Facility. | 不得保释 立即押往弗雷明汉管教所 | 
| [35:58] | This matter is now adjourned. | 本案审理终结 | 
| [36:19] | She doesn’t want any visitor, counsel. | 她不想接待来访 律师 | 
| [36:21] | How the hell do you live with yourself? | 你良心怎么过得去 | 
| [36:22] | Get out of here. | 给我出去 | 
| [36:23] | I’m saying what I came here to say. | 等我把话说完 | 
| [36:25] | I’ll have you arrested, Bobby. | 我会下令逮捕你 Bobby | 
| [36:26] | Go ahead and do it. As soon as I get out, I’ll be right back. | 随便你 只要我一放出来 我马上回来找你 | 
| [36:29] | Go, close the door behind you. | 你去吧 带上门 | 
| [36:32] | I’ll talk first. | 先听我说 | 
| [36:34] | I don’t get to consider up there that she might be innocent. | 我不能考虑”她可能是无辜的”这个因素 | 
| [36:38] | By law I accept the jury’s virdict | 根据法律 我只能接受陪审团的判决 | 
| [36:41] | and the sentencing was statutory. | 量刑则是硬性规定 | 
| [36:43] | You have some discretion as the judge. | 作为法官 你有一定的自由裁量权的 | 
| [36:44] | No, I didn’t. | 不 我没有 | 
| [36:45] | Why even listen to arguments? | 那你还有什么必要听证 | 
| [36:48] | You could have set aside the verdict, reduce it to murder two. | 你本来可以宣布判决无效 改成二级谋杀 | 
| [36:51] | The judge can always find a way. | 法官总能找到办法 | 
| [36:53] | It’s not that simple, when are you going to see that? | 不是那么简单 你什么时候才能明白 | 
| [36:56] | We don’t get to make up the rules as we go along, Bobby. | 我们不能任意创设法律 Bobby | 
| [37:00] | The law is meaningless if it isn’t consistent in it’s application. | 如果法律适用缺乏一致性 那法律就毫无意义 | 
| [37:05] | You stood in this room last week and you called me lost. | 上个星期你站在这里 说我迷失了方向 | 
| [37:09] | You just gave life with no parole to a person | 你刚刚判了一个终身监禁且不准保释 | 
| [37:12] | you know could be innocent. | 但你明知道她可能是无辜的 | 
| [37:15] | If you are so myopic with a black letter law | 如果你如此拘泥于法律文本 | 
| [37:17] | that you can’t even see what you are doing, | 甚至看不清自己在做什么 | 
| [37:19] | then you are the most lost person I know. | 那你就是我所知的最迷茫的人 | 
| [37:21] | -Get out. -You know what I think, | -给我出去 -你知道我怎么想的吗 | 
| [37:24] | you just, you just clutch the idea you got | 你只是…你抓住这个念头不放 | 
| [37:26] | to follow the law without exception | 你觉得必须毫无例外地遵循法律 | 
| [37:28] | because that is the only way you can survive. | 因为只有这样你才能让自己心安 | 
| [37:30] | If you don’s leave now, I will have… | 如果你还不走 我就让… | 
| [37:31] | The only way that you can live with knowing | 只有这样你才能原谅自己 | 
| [37:33] | you put a killer back on the street | 原谅自己释放了一个谋杀犯 | 
| [37:35] | and then murdered a four-year-old child. | 让他杀掉一个四岁的孩子 | 
| [37:37] | And how do you survive, Bobby? | 那你又怎么心安呢 Bobby | 
| [37:39] | you helped put that man back on the street. | 是你帮助那个谋杀犯获得自由 | 
| [37:42] | Your bread and butter is helping criminals walk. | 你靠帮罪犯脱罪挣钱糊口 | 
| [37:46] | How do you survive? | 你又怎能心安理得 | 
| [37:50] | I’ll tell you, you do your job. | 我告诉你 你做好自己的工作 | 
| [38:00] | Your granddaughter know your job. | 你的孙女知道你的工作 | 
| [38:16] | Take him away. | 把他带走 | 
| [38:17] | A lot of times we’re trapped. | 很多时候我们都束手无策 | 
| [38:20] | This was one we could’ve fixed. | 但这次本来是可以补救的 | 
| [38:31] | Is it a good sign that they came back this quick? | 这么快就有结果 是不是好征兆 | 
| [38:34] | It’s a very good sign if we win, | 如果我们赢了 这是个非常好的征兆 | 
| [38:36] | but not if we lose. | 但如果输了就不是 | 
| [38:38] | That was helpful. | 受教了 | 
| [38:48] | It’s important what I’m doing, you know, he was wrong. | 我的工作很重要 知道吗 他错了 | 
| [38:51] | I understand. Am I sweating? | 我知道 我在出汗吗 | 
| [38:57] | We are cultural watchdogs. We do important work. | 我们是文化监督人 我们的工作很重要 | 
| [39:01] | Members of the jury, you have reached a virdict? | 陪审团成员们 你们达成一致裁决了吗 | 
| [39:05] | We have, your honour. | 是的 法官阁下 | 
| [39:06] | What say you? | 请宣读 | 
| [39:08] | On the matter of Patt vs Harbor News, | 关于Patt诉港湾报一案 | 
| [39:10] | we find for the plaintiff, | 我们判决原告胜诉 | 
| [39:11] | and order the defendant to pay compensatory damages | 并裁定被告支付原告补偿性赔偿 | 
| [39:14] | in the amount of 82000 dollars. | 八万二千元 | 
| [39:16] | I won, I won. | 我赢了 我赢了 | 
| [39:20] | You won, we both won. | 你赢了 我们都赢了 | 
| [39:23] | Members of the jury, this conclude your service. | 陪审团的成员们 你们的工作已完成 | 
| [39:25] | The court extends and thanks for your committment. | 法庭感谢你们的付出 | 
| [39:30] | Lindsay, wwwhat’s going on? | Lindsay 怎…怎么了 | 
| [39:32] | I went to the police station to file charged. | 我去了警察局报案 | 
| [39:33] | What? | 什么 | 
| [39:34] | Oh, I didn’t do it. I know you could never be convicted. | 噢 我没有真的报案 我知道你不会被定罪的 | 
| [39:37] | And I also part of me didn’t want your whole career | 我也有点不想让你因为那个愚蠢的错误 | 
| [39:39] | ruined over one stupid mistake and it wouldn’t be ruined. | 毁了整个事业 而且也毁不了 | 
| [39:42] | Possession of that drug alone but | 只是那些药物的话 但是 | 
| [39:44] | the thought of you getting away with it all smug you know | 让你毫发无损地脱身 | 
| [39:47] | I couldn’t live with that either. | 我也不能容忍 | 
| [39:51] | Have you been drinking. | 你是不是喝醉了 | 
| [39:52] | No. This is the way rape victims get Chris. | 没有 被人强奸之后就是这个样子 Chris | 
| [39:54] | And I’m sitting in my car outside the police station | 在警察局外面 我坐在车上想 | 
| [39:57] | and I’m thinking he should at least limp over this a little. | 他多少要付出点代价 | 
| [39:59] | Maybe he shouldn’t loose his job | 或许他不必为此丢工作 | 
| [40:01] | but you should at least limp | 但至少要付出代价 | 
| [40:04] | that’s why I came over to shoot you the leg. | 所以我过来 要射掉你的腿 | 
| [40:07] | I’ll say it went off by accident. | 我会说是枪走火了 | 
| [40:09] | Are you | 你是不是… | 
| [40:10] | Crazy? | 疯了 | 
| [40:11] | Yeah. And it feels good. | 没错 感觉好极了 | 
| [40:13] | See you could file charges but the truth would come out | 你可以报案 但这样一来就会真相大白 | 
| [40:15] | and you would get in more trouble than me. | 你的麻烦会比我大得多 | 
| [40:17] | It would be in your best professional interest | 说是枪走火了 | 
| [40:19] | to agree with me that the gun went off by accident. | 其实最符合你的职业利益 | 
| [40:22] | Lindsay Lindsay! | |
| [40:23] | Don’t. | 少来 | 
| [40:25] | Truth is I have been drinking and I might vomit any second | 老实说 我是喝醉了 随时可能会吐 | 
| [40:27] | so I had better get this over with. | 所以不要浪费时间了 | 
| [40:28] | Would you prefer the right leg or the left. | 你是想我射右腿还是左腿 | 
| [40:30] | Lindsay Lindsay! | |
| [40:31] | Or the head. | 还是脑袋 | 
| [40:33] | This isn’t you. | 你不是这样的人 | 
| [40:35] | Sure it is. I just needed to shed some of my inhibitions. | 当然是 我只是需要摆脱一些束缚 | 
| [40:40] | This is me. | 这就是我 | 
| [40:43] | Right leg or left or should I choose. | 右腿还是左腿 还是我来选 | 
| [40:45] | Lindsay you will end up in jail. | Lindsay 你会坐牢的 | 
| [40:47] | I’m counting to three. | 我数到三 | 
| [40:48] | One | 一 | 
| [40:48] | Lindsay LINDSAY | |
| [40:49] | Two | 二 | 
| [40:49] | MY GOD!!! | 天哪 | 
| [40:50] | Three | 三 | 
| [40:51] | The left | 左腿 | 
| [40:59] | Just kidding. Sue me. | 开个玩笑 告我呀 | 
| [41:03] | Oh, by the way, you wet your pants. | 噢 顺便说句 你尿裤子了 | 
| [41:06] | -Everyone okay in here? – He loved it. | -大家都没事吧 -他爽死了 | 
| [41:10] | Umm, Practical joke, | 呃 开玩笑的 | 
| [41:13] | everything’s fine. Umm just a joke. | 没事 嗯 只是个玩笑 | 
| [41:18] | It was gratifying that they came back quick you know. | 多亏他们那么快就回来了 是吧 | 
| [41:21] | My first victory with a jury. | 我第一次打赢陪审团审判 | 
| [41:24] | And if I had to wait I think the sweating would’ve come back. | 再等下去的话 我想又会出汗了 | 
| [41:27] | Congratulations Jimmy | 恭喜你 Jimmy | 
| [41:29] | And here’s to you too Ellenor. I heard Dr Bunion dropped his lawsuit. | 也祝贺你 Ellenor 听说小气医生撤诉了 | 
| [41:34] | Yep. | 没错 | 
| [41:35] | It was a good month for everybody. Bobby got the big NG. | 这个月大家都很棒 Bobby赢了个无罪判决 | 
| [41:38] | And how was your week Linds? | 你怎么样 Linds | 
| [41:40] | Oh same old | 噢 老样子 | 
| [41:41] | Great. To happy times. | 太好了 敬快乐时光 | 
| [41:52] | I’ll tell you I was nervous | 我告诉你们 我当时很紧张 | 
| [41:54] | but I think the defendant blew it all | 但我想 当被告称其中一位陪审员是老鼠 | 
| [41:56] | when he called one of the jurors a Possum. | 他就完了 | 
| [41:58] | You can’t predict how things are going to go | 虽然你不能未卜先知 | 
| [42:00] | but insinuating one of the jury is a member of the rodent family | 但讽刺陪审员是啮齿类动物 | 
| [42:03] | is not an acceptable tactic. | 肯定不会有好结果 | 
| [42:06] | I’ll tell ya, this is a high, | 告诉你们 这太嗨了 | 
| [42:08] | people don’t think the practice of law is a high, | 人们以为做律师不会嗨 | 
| [42:11] | they don’t know, they can’t know. | 那是他们无知 他们也无从得知 |