时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | You’ve been a bad, bad cowboy. | 你是个多坏 多坏的牛仔 |
[00:05] | Oh, beat me, sheriff. | 哦 打我吧 警长 |
[00:06] | I’m gonna give you what you want, that’s for sure. | 我一定让你称心如意 肯定会 |
[00:09] | I’ve been an ornery cowboy, sheriff. | 我是个下流的牛仔 警长 |
[00:11] | You have, and you’re not getting away this time. | 没错 这次你跑不掉了 |
[00:15] | Okay, let’s stop here a second. | 好了 我们暂停一会 |
[00:16] | Now, Mr. Goodman, can you identify the woman on the screen? | Goodman先生 你认识画面中的女子吗 |
[00:20] | Yes, that’s Sara. | 认识 她是Sara |
[00:21] | The defendant? | 就是被告? |
[00:22] | Yes. | 是的 |
[00:24] | Good. Now, the scene we’re watching. | 好 那么 我们正在看的场景 |
[00:25] | So far, it’s entirely according to script? | 目前为止 完全与剧本相符? |
[00:28] | Yes. | 是的 |
[00:28] | Now, you were the director. You were pleased at this point? | 那么作为导演 你觉得满意? |
[00:31] | Yes. | 是的 |
[00:33] | Okay, let’s keep going. | 好 我们继续看 |
[00:35] | Would you mind explaining to us what’s going on here… | 你能不能给我们解释一下这是在做什么 |
[00:38] | besides the obvious? | 除了显而易见的部分之外 |
[00:40] | For those of us who are not hardcore aficionados? | 因为有些人可能不熟悉色情电影 |
[00:43] | Okay. This is a bondage scene. | 好的 这是捆绑场景 |
[00:47] | And she’s putting on a choke dog collar. | 她给他牢牢地套上狗项圈 |
[00:52] | The collar is velvet-lined. | 项圈镶上了丝绒 |
[00:55] | She’s now looping the leash part | 她现在把牵引链 |
[00:57] | through a supporting slat on the canopy. | 穿过顶棚上的固定板条 |
[00:59] | She’s using the canopy now as a fulcrum. | 她用顶棚作为支撑点 |
[01:02] | As she lowers herself. | 她俯下身来 |
[01:04] | This looks painful. | 看起来很痛苦 |
[01:05] | Well, the ecstasy here is in the pain and the constriction, usually. | 呃 一般来说 高潮正在于这种痛苦和压迫 |
[01:11] | But here, this is where… | 但是这里 这时候… |
[01:13] | Well, this is not scripted. | 呃 这不是照着剧本来的 |
[01:15] | Well, did you try and stop them? | 那么 你有没有试图阻止他们 |
[01:17] | Did you yell, “Cut”? | 你有没有喊”停”? |
[01:18] | No, because sometimes the actors take it further… | 没有 因为有时候演员们可以自己发挥 |
[01:20] | …and sometimes it works for the movie creatively. | 有助于为影片带来灵感 |
[01:23] | And besides, they were a husband and wife team. | 再说 他门本来就是两夫妻 |
[01:26] | They often choreographed their scenes on their own. | 他们经常自己设计场景 |
[01:28] | When did you realize that things were out of control? | 你什么时候发现事情不对劲的? |
[01:31] | It was right about here. | 大概就在这一刻 |
[01:33] | Okay, let’s just… | 好的 我们… |
[01:34] | We’ll just listen. | 我们来听一下 |
[01:35] | Pete? Pete? | |
[01:37] | Wait. Hey, Peter? | 等等 嘿 Peter? |
[01:40] | Wait a minute, Sara, he’s not breathing. | 等一会 Sara 他停止呼吸了 |
[01:44] | Call a paramedic. | 叫救护车 |
[01:49] | I think he’s dead. | 他好像已经死了 |
[01:51] | He’s dead. Are you calling a paramedic? | 他已经死了 你叫救护车没有 |
[01:54] | Let me hear it from somebody. | 快点叫救护车啊 |
[01:56] | – Rick, call a paramedic, will you? – Pete? | -Rick 叫救护车 快点 -Pete? |
[02:00] | He’s dead. | 他死了 |
[02:03] | That wasn’t supposed to happen. | 我们没想到会这样 |
[02:54] | Well, we could still go manslaughter. | 我们仍然可以按非蓄谋杀人来辩护 |
[02:56] | I thought you said we didn’t want that. | 我记得你说过我们不想这么做 |
[02:58] | Well, we didn’t want it charged, | 我们不希望他们提出非蓄谋杀人的指控 |
[02:59] | because we were afraid the jury would opt for it… | 因为我们担心陪审团会支持 |
[03:01] | …by going straight murder one, two, | 如果只指控一级谋杀和二级谋杀 |
[03:03] | it puts a lot pressure on them. | 他们的压力就很大 |
[03:04] | We did that in the Gerald Braun trial last year, | 我们去年的Gerald Braun案就是这么办的 |
[03:06] | and it worked. | 而且成功了 |
[03:06] | Didn’t work for that nanny, though. | 但是那个保姆的案子却输了 |
[03:08] | But it was an accident. | 但这次真的是意外 |
[03:10] | I understand that, but obviously the director’s | 我知道 但显然导演 |
[03:12] | gonna be coming out with more. | 还有更多的证词 |
[03:13] | Coz they didn’t have to put him on the stand | 因为如果只是为了把电影呈堂 |
[03:14] | just to get the film into evidence. | 他们就没必要让他作证 |
[03:16] | We figure he’ll say his opinion, | 我们估计他会提出自己的判断 |
[03:17] | you killed your husband intentionally. | 说你是故意杀害你丈夫 |
[03:18] | He’s wrong. | 他判断错了 |
[03:19] | Yeah, Sara, see… | 是 Sara 听着… |
[03:20] | The problem here is the film. | 现在的问题是庭上播放的电影 |
[03:23] | You know, the jury just, they were disgusted… | 要知道 陪审团 他们… |
[03:25] | …before the, you know, the dog collar even came out. | 还没看到狗项圈那里 就已经觉得恶心了 |
[03:28] | They’re not my audience. | 他们又不是我的观众 |
[03:30] | Right, but they’re the only audience that counts right now. | 没错 但他们是现在唯一重要的观众 |
[03:32] | And there’s a chance that they could say: | 他们可能会觉得 |
[03:34] | “Look who she is. | “看看她是个什么样的人 |
[03:35] | Let’s just, you know, throw her in jail.” | 我们就把她扔进监狱好了” |
[03:36] | The character in that film is not me. | 电影里的角色又不是我本人 |
[03:39] | Yes, I understand, but that is a tough argument to sell. | 是 我知道 但是很难说服别人 |
[03:43] | You were really doing it. | 你真的那么做了 |
[03:46] | We were making a film. | 我们只是在拍电影 |
[03:52] | I think I understand. | 我明白了 |
[03:54] | It’s hard for the two of you not to judge me, | 连你们俩都很难不对我产生偏见 |
[03:56] | so the jury… | 所以陪审团… |
[04:02] | So you think I should accept a deal? | 那么 你觉得我应该接受辩诉交易? |
[04:05] | I think we should see what happens in the next couple of days. | 我想我们应该先看看接下来几天的情况 |
[04:07] | Maybe I can cross the director. Who knows? But… | 也许我可以质询导演 谁知道呢 但是… |
[04:11] | Yeah, you need to start thinking about a deal. | 没错 你必须开始考虑辩诉交易 |
[04:17] | I love a man who can cook. | 我喜欢会做饭的男人 |
[04:19] | – It’s my pleasure. – I got a lot of her videos. | -荣幸之至 -我收藏了很多她的电影 |
[04:23] | – You do? – The early ones. | -真的? -早期的作品 |
[04:24] | Before she went hardcore. | 那时她还没演A片 |
[04:26] | She’s good. | 她很棒 |
[04:29] | It makes me so hot. | 我觉得好热 |
[04:32] | Do you think she killed him on purpose? | 你觉得她是不是故意杀死丈夫的 |
[04:34] | Who knows? I was reading they were having problems. | 谁知道呢 我看到有报道说他们感情不和 |
[04:37] | Reading it where? In the porno trades? | 在哪里看到的 色情新闻? |
[04:40] | Internet. She really didn’t wanna be a porn star. | 网上 她其实不想做色情明星 |
[04:44] | She was kind of an innocent. | 她其实挺单纯 |
[04:46] | I can pull it all up. It comes with good pictures. | 我记得很清楚 里面的照片很不错 |
[04:48] | What’s for dessert? | 吃什么甜点 |
[04:50] | Please, don’t stop on my account. | 拜托 不要因为我来就把它关了 |
[04:53] | What’s up? | 怎么了 |
[04:54] | Not us. | 我没事 |
[04:55] | I have some bad fiscal news. | 关于我们的财务状况 我有些坏消息 |
[05:00] | What now? | 又怎么了 |
[05:02] | Since Lindsay cut back on the drug dealers… | 自从Lindsay不再接毒贩的案子 |
[05:04] | …we’re bringing in about 32,000 less per month. | 我们每个月的收入下降了大约三万二 |
[05:07] | And the murder-one clients keep lining up. | 而一级谋杀的当事人源源不断地来 |
[05:10] | We’re the hottest firm going if you killed somebody. | 对杀人犯来说 我们是最热门的律师事务所 |
[05:12] | Now the problem is the homicide customers aren’t paying. | 但问题是 杀人案的客户付不了钱 |
[05:18] | Okay. | 知道了 |
[05:20] | Bobby, you keep saying okay. | Bobby 你总是说知道了 |
[05:21] | And our plate keeps getting more filled with murder cases. | 我们接的谋杀案越来越多 |
[05:24] | And then we’re going backwards. | 我们在倒退 |
[05:25] | Bec, I’d love for somebody to walk through that door… | Bec 我巴不得有人走进来 |
[05:27] | and plunk down a million-dollar retainer on my desk, | 在我桌子上扔下100万的律师费 |
[05:30] | but untill they do… | 但在此之前… |
[05:31] | Fine, fine. All I’m saying is | 没错 没错 我只想说 |
[05:32] | somebody walks through that door saying they killed somebody… | 如果看到有人走进来说他们杀了人 |
[05:35] | get the money up front. | 让他们先把钱付了 |
[05:37] | Enough’s enough. | 不能老是这样了 |
[05:41] | What was supposed to happen in scene 29, Mr. Goodman? | 29号场景本来是怎么安排的 Goodman先生 |
[05:44] | Well, as I said, this was a bondage number. | 我之前说过 这一幕是捆绑场景 |
[05:50] | The guy is bound… | 男主角被绑起来 |
[05:53] | …and worked on by the woman playing the dominatrix. | 女主角作为施虐方挑逗他 |
[05:57] | She was to tie him up, | 她要把他绑起来 |
[06:00] | and then bring him to an orgasm… | 然后通过用头巾紧紧勒住他的脖子 |
[06:02] | …by tightening a scarf around his neck, while she… | 让他达到高潮 当她… |
[06:07] | Yes. And had the defendant performed a scene like this before? | 是的 被告以前有没有演过这样的场景 |
[06:11] | Many times. | 演过很多次 |
[06:12] | By many, you mean? | 你所说的很多次 是指? |
[06:15] | At least 30, maybe more. | 至少30次 也许还更多 |
[06:18] | So, the defendant was familiar with the act | 那么 被告对这些场景很熟悉 |
[06:20] | and knew how to accomplish it safely? | 知道怎样安全地完成表演? |
[06:22] | Oh, absolutely, absolutely. | 哦 绝对是 绝对是 |
[06:23] | And they had a safety signal | 而且如果Peter觉得太过难受 |
[06:26] | if it got too uncomfortable for Peter. | 他们还有个安全信号 |
[06:28] | Safety signal? For her to stop choking him? | 安全信号? 让她停止勒他? |
[06:31] | Yes. | 是的 |
[06:33] | And what was the signal? | 什么样的信号 |
[06:35] | It was a visual. He would purse his lips up into a kiss. | 视觉信号 他会撅起嘴唇做出亲吻的样子 |
[06:38] | And did Mr. Katlin give this safety signal | 那么在拍摄这个场景的时候 |
[06:42] | during the scene in question? | Katlin先生有没有做出这样的信号 |
[06:44] | Well, no, he couldn’t. | 呃 没 他做不了 |
[06:44] | I mean, she tied a kerchief over his mouth. | 因为 她用围巾绑住了他的嘴巴 |
[06:47] | Was the defendant’s covering of his mouth part of the script? | 被告绑住他的嘴巴是出于剧本的要求吗 |
[06:51] | No. No. No, it wasn’t. | 不 不 不是的 |
[06:55] | Mr. Goodman, shooting this scene, | Goodman先生 在拍这个场景的时候 |
[06:57] | you cut the first take, didn’t you? | 第一遍被你切掉了 是吗 |
[06:59] | – I did. – You didn’t think it was erotic enough? | -是的 -因为你觉得还不够刺激? |
[07:01] | I knew we could do it better. | 我认为我们可以拍得更好 |
[07:02] | You wanted to heat things up a little, push it. | 你想让气氛更热烈一点 更劲爆 |
[07:04] | Well, I didn’t want her to kill him. | 我没有让她杀掉他 |
[07:06] | I move to strike that. | 我请求不予记录 |
[07:08] | Sustained. | 同意 |
[07:08] | Are you aware that | 你是否知道 |
[07:09] | the courts have successfully prosecuted this type of thing… | 法庭曾经判定此类行为违法 |
[07:12] | because it’s a high-risk sexual activity | 因为这是高度危险的性行为 |
[07:14] | that ** could result in death? | 可能导致死亡 |
[07:15] | Did you know that? | 你对此了解吗 |
[07:16] | I’ve heard that. But none of my films have been prosecuted. | 我听说过 但是我拍的电影从来没被追诉过 |
[07:19] | – But this was high-risk, am I right? – Yes. | -但是的确非常危险 对吗 -是的 |
[07:22] | So, if done incorrectly, | 那么 如果处理不当 |
[07:23] | it could accidentally lead to asphyxiation. You did know that? | 可能会意外地导致窒息 你对此了解吗 |
[07:26] | We’d done this many times. | 我们已经拍过很多次了 |
[07:28] | Right. This stunt is called what? | 没错 这个花样叫做什么来着 |
[07:32] | It’s called see-saw. | 叫做”跷跷板” |
[07:33] | And the choking is necessary for a proper take. Is that correct? | 窒息是其中一个必需的部分 对吗 |
[07:37] | Yes. | 是的 |
[07:38] | So by choking him, Sara was just doing her job. | 那么 令他窒息只是Sara的正常工作内容 |
[07:41] | But she didn’t stop. | 但是她没有停手 |
[07:42] | Mr. Goodman, who yells “cut” during the filming of the scene? | Goodman先生 在拍摄时 谁有权力喊停? |
[07:45] | The director. Me. | 导演 我本人 |
[07:46] | And you didn’t yell “cut” did you? | 但你当时没有喊停 对吧 |
[07:48] | We’ve already established that. Your honor. | 这是已经确认的事实 法官阁下 |
[07:49] | Yes, I know that. | 没错 我知道 |
[07:50] | But I wanna make this very clear. | 但是我想把它完全说清楚 |
[07:51] | because it’s an important point to the defendant. | 因为这对被告非常重要 |
[07:52] | You didn’t yell “cut,” did you, sir? | 你没有喊停 是吗 先生 |
[07:56] | I did not yell “cut.” | 我没有喊停 |
[07:58] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[08:08] | – Excuse me. Are you Ms. Stone? – Yes. | -不好意思 你是Stone女士吗 -是我 |
[08:10] | I’m Ellenor Frutt. Sara’s attorney. | 我叫Ellenor Frutt 我是Sara的律师 |
[08:12] | I don’t wanna talk to you. | 我跟你没什么可谈的 |
[08:13] | I understand, And I’m very sorry for the loss of your brother. | 我理解 我对你哥哥的遭遇深表同情 |
[08:15] | Yes. Try to cope. | 嗯 我很难过 |
[08:17] | I just think that you should consult an attorney | 我觉得 在你明天出庭作证之前 |
[08:18] | before tomorrow’s testimony. | 应该咨询一下律师 |
[08:20] | I beg your pardon? | 你说什么 |
[08:21] | Ms. Stone, I don’t mean to sound cold. | Stone女士 我不是故意显得冷漠 |
[08:23] | But if you’re gonna go there and accuse Sara | 但是如果你出庭指控Sara |
[08:24] | ** of killing your brother… | 杀害你的哥哥 |
[08:26] | you could expose yourself to some serious liability. | 你可能给自己招来严重的后果 |
[08:28] | Qualified immunity aside. | 豁免权也保护不了你 |
[08:31] | Ah, you’re worried about my legal exposure. | 啊 你是在担心我的法律风险 |
[08:33] | How thoughtful. | 你真有心 |
[08:35] | Why don’t you just talk to your own attorney. | 我建议你去跟自己的律师谈谈 |
[08:36] | You don’t have to take my word for it. | 你不相信我的话也没关系 |
[08:37] | Oh, I won’t. | 哦 我是不相信 |
[08:39] | I’d love to stay, but just spending time with you like this | 我倒想多呆一会 但是像这样跟你说话 |
[08:42] | I feel the need to shower. | 都把我全身弄得很脏 |
[08:47] | Rebecca? Rebecca? | |
[08:49] | Oh, God. | 哦 老天爷 |
[08:53] | This is where you work? | 这里就是你上班的地方? |
[08:54] | What’s wrong with it? | 这里有什么不对吗 |
[08:56] | Don’t you guys make any money? | 你们难道一点钱都赚不到吗 |
[08:58] | We do. | 赚得到 |
[08:59] | But since we don’t pay our taxes | 但是因为我们不交税 |
[09:01] | we don’t want to make the IRS suspicious | 我们不想因为漂亮的办公室 |
[09:03] | with fancy office space. | 惹得税务局起疑心 |
[09:05] | You know how us criminal-lawyer types are. | 你知道我们这些刑事律师的办事风格 |
[09:07] | Oh, yeah, I do. Which is why I’m here. | 哦 是 我知道 这也是我今天来的原因 |
[09:10] | The criminal-lawyer type defending Luis Moreno… | 给Luis Moreno辩护的刑事律师 |
[09:13] | …has a suppression hearing scheduled. | 申请了证据排除听证 |
[09:15] | He’s trying to kick your lineup ID. | 他想把你的指证排除掉 |
[09:17] | – And he could very well win. – What? | -而且他很可能会赢 -什么 |
[09:19] | Well, in your statement of the scene, | 在你对现场的陈述中 |
[09:21] | you said he was wearing a coat with some sort of a hood. | 你说他穿着一件带风帽的外套 |
[09:23] | – Yes, he was. – Yeah. | -对 是这样 -嗯 |
[09:25] | Well, in the lineup, he was wearing a hooded jacket | 呃 在指证的时候 他穿着一件带风帽的夹克 |
[09:28] | which could possibly make your ID tainted. | 可能会导致你的指证存在瑕疵 |
[09:31] | What genius put a hood on him? | 哪个天才给他带上风帽的 |
[09:32] | The hood wasn’t even up in the ID, | 在指证的时候 风帽根本没有翻起来 |
[09:34] | but they could possiblely say… | 但是他们可能会说… |
[09:35] | Wait, wait. What happens if they suppress my ID? | 慢着 慢着 如果他们排除了我的指证会怎么样 |
[09:38] | He walks. You’re the whole case. | 他会被释放 你是全案的关键 |
[09:41] | Now, look, I’d like you at the hearing. | 为今之计 我需要你出席听证会 |
[09:43] | You’re not gonna be testifing or anything, | 你不需要作证什么的 |
[09:44] | but I want the judge seeing your face. | 但是我希望让法官看到你本人 |
[09:46] | Anything to keep this human. | 让这一切多点人性的因素 |
[09:47] | I don’t want this turning on the Constitution. | 我不想把希望放在宪法上 |
[09:51] | Fine. | 好的 |
[09:57] | I’m feeling a little chilly in here. | 我觉得有一点冷 |
[10:00] | – Why don’t you move a…? – Where’d you get this? | -你何不… -你哪里弄来的这东西 |
[10:02] | Jimmy gave it to me. It’s her early years. Soft porn. | Jimmy给我的 这是她早期的作品 三级片 |
[10:06] | You know, I know I’m supposed to know this | 也许我自己应该知道答案 |
[10:08] | because I’m a lawyer… | 因为我是法律人士 |
[10:09] | …but why isn’t this prostitution? | 但为什么这个就不是卖淫呢 |
[10:12] | It’s sexual conduct for money? | 这也是以赚钱为目的的性行为 |
[10:14] | Well, legally, it’s not prostitution | 从法律上来说 这不是卖淫 |
[10:16] | because neither party is deriving pleasure from it. | 因为双方都没有从中获得快感 |
[10:20] | It’s a job on both sides. | 对双方来说都只是工作而已 |
[10:21] | That’s the distinction? | 这就是区别所在? |
[10:23] | Well, I didn’t write the law. | 法律又不是我制定的 |
[10:26] | They both look like they’re deriving pleasure to me. | 在我看来 他们两个都很爽的样子 |
[10:29] | Well, that’s acting. They’re just good actors. | 那是表演 他们只是演得好 |
[10:32] | Oh, right, I forgot. | 哦 对 我搞忘了 |
[10:38] | Well, got a full day tomorrow. | 明天忙得很 |
[10:41] | Otherwise, I’d love to see how it ends. | 不然的话 我倒想看看结尾是怎样的 |
[10:44] | Yeah. My arson case resumes tomorrow. | 嗯 我的纵火案明天再次开庭 |
[10:46] | I’m sure they’ll be calling the defendant. | 我估计他们肯定会传唤被告 |
[10:49] | Well, I’m sure you’ll cross him if they do. | 那样的话 你一定会盘问他 |
[10:53] | Yeah. What’s your day like? | 嗯 你今天怎么样 |
[10:57] | Same old. | 老样子 |
[11:30] | Any ideas? | 有什么主意 |
[11:32] | I was hoping you would tell me. | 我还指望你告诉我呢 |
[11:33] | We’re lousy on motive. | 动机很难驳倒 |
[11:35] | She hated him, stood to inherit money. | 她恨他 想继承遗产 |
[11:37] | She killed him. | 所以杀害了他 |
[11:38] | On 16 mm. | 在摄像机面前 |
[11:39] | But it was high-risk stuff. | 但这是个高度危险的活 |
[11:40] | Could we chip it to involuntary manslaughter? | 我们能不能以过失杀人达成交易 |
[11:43] | No. Means says voluntary is as good as we’re gonna get, | 不行 Means说最大的让步是故意杀人 |
[11:45] | and that offer expires tomorrow. | 而且这个方案过了明天就无效 |
[11:47] | And if we go battered spouse syndrome? | 被虐配偶综合征怎么样 |
[11:48] | It’s too late. And even if it isn’t, | 太晚了 而且就算还来得及 |
[11:50] | we have to declare, Lindsay, | 我们必须正式声明 Lindsay |
[11:51] | Battered spouse means she had intent, | “被虐配偶”意味着她是有意图的 |
[11:52] | which is different than accident. | 不同于意外事件 |
[11:56] | So we could go manslaughter. | 那么我们可以选择非蓄谋杀人 |
[11:57] | Voluntary. | 故意非蓄谋杀人 |
[11:58] | Battered spouse or stay with accident. | 被虐配偶综合征还是坚持意外事件? |
[12:00] | No. I say we chuck battered spouse. | 不 我认为不能提被虐配偶综合征 |
[12:02] | How’s that gonna look, she’s into bondage? | 陪审团会怎么看 她故意捆绑他? |
[12:04] | We either accept manslaughter, | 我们要么认下非蓄谋杀人 |
[12:05] | or we go for it. What do you think? | 要么上庭 你觉得呢 |
[12:09] | Flip? | 抛硬币吧 |
[12:10] | Right. | 好主意 |
[12:14] | Heads, manslaughter. Tails, we go for it. | 面朝上 认非蓄谋杀人 字朝上 上庭 |
[12:21] | Tails. It’s an accident. We go for it. | 字朝上 意外事件 我们上庭 |
[12:24] | This is why we get paid. To make these decisions. | 我们收钱就是干这些事情 做这些决定 |
[12:33] | You’re sucking my elbow again. | 你又来舔我的胳膊肘 |
[12:36] | You’re always sucking my elbow. | 你老是喜欢舔我的胳膊肘 |
[12:40] | It’s supposed to be one of the erogenous zones. | 据说这里是性感带之一 |
[12:44] | Isn’t that what they say? | 他们不都这么说吗 |
[12:46] | Who? | 谁说的 |
[12:48] | Women who read Cosmo. | 那些读《时尚》的女人 |
[12:52] | Well, I’ve never read it. | 我从来不读 |
[13:00] | In fact, the only time I’ve ever heard of it was from Lindsay. | 实际上 我只听一个人说起过 就是Lindsay |
[13:04] | She likes to get her elbow sucked. | 她喜欢别人舔她的胳膊肘 |
[13:08] | I always just thought it was something with her. | 我一直以为那只是她个人的癖好 |
[13:21] | Please describe your brother’s relationship with the defendant? | 请描述一下你哥哥和被告的关系 |
[13:24] | I suppose it was like any marriage. | 我想就像所有的婚姻关系一样 |
[13:26] | They loved each other in the beginning, | 开始 他们深爱着对方 |
[13:28] | wanted to kill each other in the end. | 最后 他们想干掉对方 |
[13:30] | Difference being, she went through with it. | 不同的是 她真的把他杀掉了 |
[13:32] | – Objection. – Objection. | -反对 -反对 |
[13:34] | Sustained. The jury will certainly disregard that. | 反对有效 陪审团请务必忽略这句证词 |
[13:38] | What indications did you have that their relationship had deteriorated? | 他们关系恶化 有些什么迹象 |
[13:43] | Well… | 呃… |
[13:45] | There was a lot of open hostility the last year or two. | 过去的一两年 他们经常公开地敌对 |
[13:47] | By open hostility you mean? | 公开地敌对 是指? |
[13:49] | Fighting, yelling. | 打架 争吵 |
[13:51] | They were both verbally abusive to each other. | 他们用言语互相辱骂 |
[13:53] | Sometimes, they were physically hurt each other. | 有时候 他们还伤害对方的身体 |
[13:55] | – You saw this? – Yes. | -这些你都看到了? -是的 |
[13:57] | What complicated things… | 更复杂的是… |
[14:01] | Their careers were sort of joined. | 他们的职业互相关联 |
[14:04] | Even if they divorced, they couldn’t really leave one another. | 即便他们离了婚 他们也没法真的离开对方 |
[14:06] | Mrs. Stone, did you ever hear the defendant | Stone女士 你有没有听到被告 |
[14:09] | make any direct threats against your brother? | 对你哥哥做出直接的威胁 |
[14:11] | – Yes. – Objection. | -有 -反对 |
[14:13] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[14:15] | And could you describe these threats? When they took place? | 能不能描述一下这些威胁 发生在什么时候 |
[14:19] | The last one came about three days before his death. | 最后一次大约是在他死之前的三天 |
[14:22] | And what was that threat? | 她是怎么威胁的 |
[14:24] | She said she would kill him. | 她说她要杀了我哥哥 |
[14:26] | And where did that threat take place? | 是在什么地点说的 |
[14:27] | At their house. | 在他们家里 |
[14:29] | It was a family dinner sort of thing. | 是在一次家庭晚餐上 |
[14:32] | They got into one of their customary arguments. | 他们像以往那样争吵起来 |
[14:35] | Objection. | 反对 |
[14:35] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[14:37] | Suddenly, they’re screaming at each other, and then she said it. | 突然之间 他们互相大吼大叫 然后她就说了 |
[14:41] | She said she’d kill him. | 她说要杀了他 |
[14:42] | Did she say anything else? | 她还说了其它的吗 |
[14:44] | Yes. | 说了 |
[14:47] | She said she could do it during one of their sex scenes | 她说可以在拍片的时候杀掉他 |
[14:49] | and make it look like an accident. | 做得像一场意外一样 |
[14:56] | It’s unfair surprise. It’s willful, deliberate. | 这是不当突袭 这是故意的 有预谋的 |
[14:58] | and this case should be dismissed right now. | 案件应该立即被驳回 |
[14:59] | You knew this witness was coming… | 你知道这位证人会出庭作证… |
[15:01] | There’s nothing in you proffer… | 在你的证据清单上 没有… |
[15:04] | Hold on here! Let me get a question in. | 都闭嘴 我来问个问题 |
[15:06] | What did you give them on this witness? | 关于这位证人 你给他们提供了些什么 |
[15:08] | That she would testify as to the hostile relationship. | 她证明被告和死者之间的敌对关系 |
[15:11] | She just testified as to direct threats. | 她刚刚是就直接威胁作证 |
[15:13] | – Counsel. – He withheld that. | -律师 -他隐瞒了这一点 |
[15:14] | Do I have to give them a transcript? | 我需要给他们一份完整的文稿吗 |
[15:16] | Come on! That’s material. | 少来了 那是实质性问题 |
[15:18] | – You know that! – Hey! | -你应该知道 -嘿 |
[15:22] | I have to say, Mr. Means, I don’t like it. | Means先生 我不得不说 我不喜欢你这么做 |
[15:24] | Your Honor, I hope you don’t think… | 法官阁下 我希望你不会以为… |
[15:25] | Don’t make it worse by insulting me. | 你要是对我无礼 只会让情况更遭 |
[15:28] | You withheld that little nugget. | 你隐瞒了这个重要的信息 |
[15:34] | I’ll give you extra time to prepare your cross, | 我给你们额外的时间来准备对证人的盘问 |
[15:36] | but I’m not dismissing. | 但我不会驳回案件 |
[15:37] | – That it so prejudicial. – I am not dismissing. | -这会导致严重的偏见 -我不会驳回案件 |
[15:40] | At minimal, you should strike the testimony. | 至少 你应该撤销她的证词 |
[15:42] | They heard the testimony, counsel. | 陪审团已经听到她的证词了 律师 |
[15:44] | If I strike it, you can’t really cross her on it. | 如果我撤销证词 你反而不能就此盘问她 |
[15:45] | That would be worse. | 那样对你更不利 |
[15:47] | Her testimony stands. | 她的证词有效 |
[15:49] | One more stunt like that, and I set the defendant free. | 再玩这样的花样 我立即把被告开释 |
[15:53] | Yes, Your Honor. | 知道了 法官阁下 |
[15:59] | You’ve got to be kidding me. | 你开什么玩笑 |
[16:00] | That’s me. I just love to kid. | 嗯 我就是喜欢开玩笑 |
[16:01] | You sit on a threat like that? | 你竟然隐瞒那样的证词? |
[16:03] | You knew the nature of the testimony. | 你知道她作证的内容 |
[16:05] | Come on, Ed, that’s not you. | 算了吧 Ed 你不是那样的人 |
[16:06] | We’ve tried cases against each other before. | 我们以前也打过对手 |
[16:08] | You’ve never pulled anything close to unfair surprise. | 你从来不屑于搞不当突袭这一套 |
[16:10] | What’s going on? | 怎么回事 |
[16:13] | EI, you try your case, I’ll try mine. | EI 你做你的案子 我做我的 |
[16:18] | She couldn’t even describe the race of the shooter. | 她甚至没法描述杀手的种族 |
[16:21] | She didn’t describe any facial features, | 她也没法描述任何脸部特征 |
[16:23] | but she remembered a big hood. | 但是她记住了一个大风帽 |
[16:25] | Then they put my client in a lineup wearing a hood. | 然后 他们让我的当事人接受指证 戴着风帽 |
[16:28] | We did not wardrobe the guy. | 我们没有给他换衣服 |
[16:29] | He wore his own coat. There was no possible… | 他穿的是自己的外套 我们不可能… |
[16:30] | That makes no legal difference. | 法律上 这没有区别 |
[16:32] | It makes a factual difference to the extent that | 但是有事实上的区别 |
[16:34] | -you’re saying we orchestrated the lineup – The lineup is not reliable. | -你说我们故意干扰指证 -指证是不可靠的 |
[16:37] | which is impossible. since we had no idea what the guy was… | 那是不可能的 因为我们根本不知道他当时… |
[16:39] | Hold on. | 住口 |
[16:41] | Did she describe the hood in her earlier statement? | 在她之前的陈述中 有没有提到过风帽 |
[16:44] | No. And he wasn’t the only one wearing a hood in the lineup… | 没有 而且队列中戴风帽的也不止他一个 |
[16:47] | There was one other who the witness may not have even seen. | 的确还有一个 但是证人可能看都没看他 |
[16:50] | You see, my client was number two. | 我的当事人排在第二位 |
[16:52] | She made the ID when he stepped forward, | 当他走上前来 证人就指证了他 |
[16:54] | before even looking at the other two. | 剩下两个根本都没有看 |
[16:56] | Which goes to the reliability of it… | 恰好证明了指证的可靠性… |
[16:58] | Oh, come on, Jean. | 哦 得了吧 Jean |
[16:59] | All right, look. The ID stands, I’m not suppressing it. | 行了 这样 指证有效 我不会排除指证 |
[17:02] | And do me a favor, Ms. Ward. | Ward小姐 帮我个忙 |
[17:04] | Send a message to the jackass… | 那个让他戴着风帽接受指证的笨蛋 |
[17:06] | …who let him walk the lineup with a hood. | 请代我向他致意 |
[17:09] | Yes, Your Honor. | 是 法官阁下 |
[17:10] | And I think it would be a good idea if the two of you got together. | 而且我建议你们双方坐下来谈谈 |
[17:12] | No offense, Ms. Washington. | Washington小姐 我无意冒犯 |
[17:14] | But the case for the Commonwealth looks like | 但是这个案子对检方来说 |
[17:15] | a big dog with a little bark. | 似乎有点外强中干 |
[17:18] | We’re done. | 休庭 |
[17:21] | What? | 什么 |
[17:25] | How do you not tell us? | 你为什么不告诉我们 |
[17:27] | I didn’t remember. | 我不记得了 |
[17:28] | Threaten to kill somebody and you don’t remember? | 你威胁要杀别人 说了就不记得了? |
[17:30] | We screamed anything and everything at each other that night. | 我们那天晚上吵架什么话都说了 |
[17:33] | You threatened to do it in a scene? | 你威胁在拍片的时候杀他? |
[17:34] | I don’t know. Maybe I did. | 我不知道 也许说过 |
[17:36] | But that doesn’t mean I’d actually do it. | 但并不代表我真的会那么做 |
[17:38] | Well, given that you did do it, | 考虑到他真的死在片场上 |
[17:39] | you can see how that might look. | 你觉得人们会怎么看 |
[17:41] | Ellenor, we screamed at each other a lot. We even hit each other. | Ellenor 我们经常争吵 甚至还会动手 |
[17:45] | If I said what his sister said I said, it could be. | 如果他妹妹说的是实话 也许我真的说过 |
[17:49] | But it was never while I was in a calm state. | 但我绝不是在心情平静的时候说的 |
[17:51] | It was never like it was something I was actually considering. | 我从来没有认真考虑过自己真的会那么做 |
[17:55] | I didn’t kill him on purpose. | 我不是故意要杀他的 |
[18:05] | What now? | 现在怎么办 |
[18:07] | I don’t know. I’ll cross the sister… | 我不知道 我可以盘问他的妹妹 |
[18:09] | – You gotta nail her, Ellenor. – I know. | -你必须搞定她 Ellenor -我知道 |
[18:11] | Tic tac? | 吃糖? |
[18:16] | Was this the only time you ever heard | 这是你唯一一次听到 |
[18:18] | my client threaten your brother? | 我的当事人威胁你哥哥吗 |
[18:19] | No. | 不是 |
[18:20] | There were other threats before? | 以前也威胁过? |
[18:21] | – Yes. – Threats to kill him? | -是的 -威胁要杀他? |
[18:22] | Yes as a matter of fact. | 实事求是地说 是的 |
[18:24] | How many times did you hear deadly threats like these? | 你听到过多少次像这样的威胁 |
[18:26] | – I’m not sure. – More than five? | -我不太确定 -多于五次? |
[18:28] | Probably not. But I heard some scream-fests | 也许没有 但是我听到过他们互相咆哮 |
[18:30] | where they both threaten to each other, she threatened to kill him. | 威胁对方 她威胁要杀我哥哥 |
[18:32] | And did you report these threats to the police? | 那你有没有报警呢 |
[18:35] | In hindsight, l… | 事后看来 我… |
[18:35] | I’m not asking for hindsight. Miss Stone | 我没有问你事后看来怎样 Stone小姐 |
[18:37] | Did you ever report these threats to the police? | 你是否因为这些威胁报过警 |
[18:39] | Again, the answer is “yes” or “no.” | 再说一次 你只需要回答有或没有 |
[18:41] | No, I didn’t. | 没有 我没有报警 |
[18:42] | And you loved your brother, am I right? | 你很爱你的哥哥 对吗 |
[18:44] | The fact that I didn’t report the threats | 我没有报警 |
[18:46] | doesn’t mean I didn’t take them seriously. | 但并不意味着我不重视这些威胁 |
[18:48] | Now that’s a lie, isn’t it? | 你是在说谎 不是吗 |
[18:50] | – Objection. – Sustained. | -反对 -反对有效 |
[18:52] | You regarded these threats seriously? | 你很重视这些威胁? |
[18:54] | Yes, I did. | 是的 我很重视 |
[18:56] | She vows to kill your brother, | 她威胁说要杀害你的哥哥 |
[18:58] | somebody who you love. | 一个你所爱的人 |
[18:59] | And you don’t bother to notify the police? | 你却懒得去报警 |
[19:01] | Now, which part of that is a lie? | 那么 哪一句是谎言呢 |
[19:03] | – The part about loving your brother? – Objection! Your Honor, object. | -你爱你哥哥是谎言? -反对 法官阁下 反对 |
[19:06] | Ms. Frutt! | Frutt女士 |
[19:10] | You never liked Sara Katlin, did you, Ms. Stone? | 你一直都不喜欢Sara Katlin 是吗 Stone女士 |
[19:13] | I certainly didn’t approve of her. | 我的确不怎么喜欢她 |
[19:14] | Is it your testimony to this jury that | 你可以在陪审团面前作证说 |
[19:16] | you don’t despise my client? | 你没有看不起我的当事人吗? |
[19:19] | We aren’t friendly. | 我们确实很难相处 |
[19:20] | You blamed my client for a lot of your brother’s | 你把你哥哥的很多情感问题都怪罪到 |
[19:21] | emotional problems? Didn’t you? | 我的当事人头上 不是吗 |
[19:23] | My brother went through a lot of stuff. I suppose you could… | 我哥哥经历了很多事情 我想你可以… |
[19:25] | Ms. Stone, I am not asking for you to give us an analysis. | Stone女士 我没有要求你向我们提供分析意见 |
[19:28] | Did you blame my client in front of others | 你有没有在他人面前 |
[19:30] | for a lot of your brother’s emotional problems? | 因为你哥哥的情感问题怪罪我的当事人 |
[19:32] | Yes or no? | 有还是没有 |
[19:33] | Yes. | 有 |
[19:35] | And have you spoken to brother’s probate attorney since his death? | 你哥哥死后 你有没有跟他的遗嘱律师谈过话 |
[19:38] | – Objection. – Offered to impeach. | -反对 -作为疑点提出来 |
[19:39] | This woman has motive to accuse my client… | 这位女士有动机指控我的当事人… |
[19:40] | Objection! Move to strike. Your honor. | 反对 请求不予记录 法官阁下 |
[19:42] | Overruled. | 反对无效 |
[19:45] | In your brother’s will, if he should die suddenly, | 在你哥哥的遗嘱中 如果他意外死亡 |
[19:48] | who would inherit his money? | 谁来继承他的财产 |
[19:50] | His wife. Her. | 他的妻子 就是她 |
[19:51] | And if you know… | 你知不知道 |
[19:52] | …should his wife be held responsible for his death, | 如果是他的妻子谋害了他 |
[19:55] | who would inherit it then? | 那么谁来继承财产 |
[19:58] | It would go to his next of kin. | 他的下一顺位的亲属 |
[20:00] | Does he have any parents? | 他的父母还在世吗 |
[20:01] | – No. – Any brothers or sisters? | -不在 -他有兄弟姐妹吗 |
[20:02] | – One. Yes. – You? | -有一个 -就是你? |
[20:04] | So if this woman is convicted | 也就是说 如果法庭认定 |
[20:07] | of killing your brother, all the money would go to you? | 被告杀害了你的哥哥 所有的财产将由你继承? |
[20:10] | – I believe so. – You believe so. | -我想是的 -你想是的 |
[20:12] | How much money are we talking about? | 可继承的遗产有多少 |
[20:14] | A few hundred thousand dollars. | 几十万 |
[20:17] | Thank you. That’ll be all. | 谢谢 我问完了 |
[20:23] | Oh, I actually have one more question. | 哦 我还有一个问题 |
[20:27] | Has anybody else ever threatened your brother’s life before? | 以前有没有其他人威胁过你的哥哥 |
[20:31] | Yes. Once. | 有 有一次 |
[20:32] | A man he partnered with in some real-estate deals. | 是一个跟他合伙做房地产买卖的人 |
[20:34] | He threatened your brother’s life? | 他威胁要杀害你哥哥? |
[20:36] | Yes. Over some dispute. | 是的 他们有些争执 |
[20:38] | – And you heard the threat? – Yes. | -你听到了他的威胁? -是的 |
[20:41] | And what did you do then? | 然后你怎么做的 |
[20:44] | I reported it to the police. | 我向警方报警 |
[20:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[20:58] | So you’ve got a chance? | 这么说你们还有机会? |
[20:59] | I don’t know. Ellenor was good. | 我不知道 Ellnor表现很好 |
[21:02] | You think we should’ve jumped at manslaughter, don’t you? | 你觉得我们应该接受非蓄谋杀人 是不是 |
[21:05] | It’s hard to say really. | 真的不太好说 |
[21:06] | Have you ever slept with Bobby? | 你跟Bobby上过床吗 |
[21:09] | What? | 什么 |
[21:10] | The guy keeps sucking my elbow like it’s supposed to make me hot. | 他老是舔我的胳膊肘 好像这样可以让我兴奋 |
[21:14] | You’re the only woman I know | 你是我知道的唯一一个 |
[21:15] | who ever liked her elbow sucked, so I… | 喜欢让人舔胳膊肘的女人 所以我… |
[21:20] | What? | 怎么了 |
[21:21] | I might have told him that I liked it, | 我也许跟他说过我喜欢 |
[21:23] | but I wasn’t speaking for womankind. | 但并不代表所有的女人 |
[21:26] | – He… – Suckles it, like it should give milk. | -他… -又舔又吸 好像可以吸出奶来似的 |
[21:33] | Lindsay, be straight with me. Did you and he ever? | Lindsay 跟我说实话 你跟他有没有 |
[21:42] | Oh, my God. | 哦 天哪 |
[21:44] | It happened before you, Helen. Way before. | 那是在你之前的事情 Helen 很早以前 |
[21:47] | It was just a brief thing. | 只是短暂的一段 |
[21:52] | Why didn’t you tell me? | 你为什么不告诉我 |
[21:54] | Because I know you were on the chase, which I supported. | 因为我知道你对他有意 我也看好你们 |
[21:56] | and I know and your sense of loyalty. | 而且我了解你的爱情观 |
[21:58] | If you even thought that I shared a glass of punch with him | 哪怕你觉得我跟他共饮一杯鸡尾酒 |
[22:00] | you never would’ve gone near. | 你根本就不会靠近他 |
[22:07] | – How long ago? – Long, long. | -多久以前 -很久很久 |
[22:10] | July. | 七月份 |
[22:14] | It just happened, Helen. | 它就那样发生了 Helen |
[22:16] | There was no need for you to ever know, | 本来你根本就没有必要知道 |
[22:17] | but you asked me so straight out. | 但是你那么直接地问我 |
[22:22] | I don’t wanna lie. | 我不想骗你 |
[22:24] | Should I have? | 我该骗你吗 |
[22:27] | No. | 不 |
[22:39] | You told her? | 你告诉她了? |
[22:40] | Bobby, she asked me flat out, I had to. | Bobby 她直接问到我 我没办法 |
[22:42] | Past tense. It’s okay. | 都已经过去了 没关系 |
[22:43] | What was her reaction? | 她什么反应 |
[22:45] | She’s okay with it. | 她还能接受 |
[22:46] | It happened before her. She’s a big girl. | 那是在她之前的事情 她是成年人 |
[22:48] | But stop sucking her elbows. | 但是不要再舔她的胳膊肘了 |
[22:51] | Hey, Lindsay, are you ready? | 嘿 Lindsay 准备好了吗 |
[22:52] | -Yeah, let’s go. – Great. | -嗯 走吧 -好的 |
[23:01] | You suck her elbows? | 你舔她的胳膊肘? |
[23:06] | Yes, I knew the risk. | 是的 我知道有危险 |
[23:08] | That was the main point for the… | 这正是我们希望达到的效果 |
[23:11] | – Choking. – Yes. | -窒息的效果? -是的 |
[23:13] | Sara, you don’t deny threatening your husband? | Sara 你并不否认威胁过你的丈夫? |
[23:15] | No. We fought a lot. | 是的 我们经常吵架 |
[23:18] | We sometimes got violent. Maybe I did threaten him. | 有时候还动手 也许我的确威胁过他 |
[23:23] | I know that there were many times that I wished he was dead. | 我知道很多时候 我都恨不得他死掉 |
[23:27] | Why? | 为什么 |
[23:28] | Why? It was a volatile relationship. | 为什么 因为我们的关系很坏 |
[23:31] | I felt controlled by him, abused by him. | 我觉得受制于他 被他虐待 |
[23:36] | Mostly verbally, sometimes physically. | 大多数时候是言语暴力 有时候是身体暴力 |
[23:40] | I wanted to get out of the pornography industry. | 我想离开色情行业 |
[23:44] | I blamed him for not letting me. | 我恨他不让我离开 |
[23:47] | Did you love your husband? | 你爱你的丈夫吗 |
[23:50] | I suppose I did. | 我觉得我爱他 |
[23:53] | But I certainly hated him much more than I loved him. | 但是我恨他肯定比爱他多得多 |
[23:58] | So you… You hated him? | 这么说你…你恨他? |
[24:00] | Very much. | 恨得要命 |
[24:03] | Sara? Sara? | |
[24:05] | Did you kill your husband? | 你有没有杀害你的丈夫 |
[24:06] | No. It was an accident. | 没有 那是意外 |
[24:09] | Are you glad that he’s dead? | 你是否为他的死感到高兴 |
[24:14] | Are you glad that he’s dead? | 你是否为他的死感到高兴 |
[24:17] | Well, I’m certainly not glad | 呃 我当然不喜欢 |
[24:19] | for all the problems that it’s caused me. | 因为他的死带来的一大堆麻烦 |
[24:21] | But otherwise… | 但除此之外 |
[24:25] | Yeah, I guess, maybe a little. | 是的 我想 也许有一点 |
[24:36] | Whatever you do, you can’t blame Lindsay. | 无论如何 你不能怪Lindsay |
[24:39] | She wanted to tell you earlier | 之前发生Isikoff那件事 |
[24:40] | why all that stuff happened with Isikoff and me betraying you | 我泄露了你们的搜查令的时候 |
[24:43] | over the warrant business. | 她就想告诉你 |
[24:45] | And I convinced her to hold off timing-wise. | 是我阻止了她 说时机没到 |
[24:49] | Helen, it’s nothing that affects us. | Helen 这不会影响我们俩 |
[24:52] | It’s just one of those pieces of history, | 那已经是过去的事情了 |
[24:54] | that under the circumstances | 在当时的情况下 |
[24:56] | are better left untold. | 不告诉你更妥当些 |
[24:59] | – And it’s over? – Yes. | -已经结束了? -是的 |
[25:02] | It’s over. | 已经结束了 |
[25:05] | There’s nothing going on between you now? | 你们之间现在已经没事了? |
[25:09] | No. | 没有 |
[25:16] | Well, then you certainly know it was possible | 那么 你肯定知道玩这个花样 |
[25:18] | for him to die in this stunt. | 可能会让得他送了命 |
[25:19] | Well, I knew it was dangerous, yes. | 呃 我知道很危险 是的 |
[25:22] | So dangerous, you had a safety signal for him | 危险大到以至于你们设定了安全信号 |
[25:25] | to tell you to stop. | 让他可以阻止你 |
[25:26] | Yes. | 是的 |
[25:27] | But he couldn’t give you that signal… | 但是他没办法给你这个信号 |
[25:28] | …could he? Because his mouth was covered, | 对吗 因为他的嘴巴被绑住了 |
[25:31] | wasn’t it, Ms. Katlin? | 是不是 Katlin女士 |
[25:32] | Yes. | 是的 |
[25:34] | Now, where in the script did it call for you | 那么 剧本的哪个地方要求你 |
[25:36] | to put a kerchief over his mouth? | 用围巾绑住他的嘴巴 |
[25:38] | It didn’t. | 没有 |
[25:40] | Did you ever tie a kerchief around your husband’s mouth before? | 你以前有没有用围巾绑过你丈夫的嘴 |
[25:45] | No. | 没有 |
[25:46] | So this would be a big coincidence? | 那么这一切只是个天大的巧合? |
[25:50] | The time he dies just happens to be the one time | 你唯一绑住他嘴巴的一次 |
[25:53] | you covered his mouth. | 正好他就死了 |
[25:54] | – Objection. – Sustained. | -反对 -反对有效 |
[25:56] | Now, Ms. Katlin, you were very honest in admitting… | Katlin女士 你非常诚实地承认了 |
[26:00] | …that you hated your husband. | 你恨你的丈夫 |
[26:02] | You were also honest in admitting that | 你也诚实地承认了 |
[26:05] | you wished him dead on occasion. | 你有时候希望他死掉 |
[26:06] | In the spirit of that unflinching honesty | 请你以这种毫无遮掩的诚实精神回答我 |
[26:09] | wasn’t it just a little reckless for you | 你用围巾绑住他的嘴巴 |
[26:11] | to cover his mouth with that kerchief? | 是不是有一点疏忽大意 |
[26:13] | – Objection. – Overruled. | -反对 -反对无效 |
[26:15] | Ms. Katlin? | Katlin女士? |
[26:17] | A potentially deadly stunt, | 你们在拍一个可能致命的场景 |
[26:19] | the only safety net is his mouth. | 唯一的安全保障是他的嘴 |
[26:22] | The only way he can save himself you took away. | 他据以救命的唯一的一条路被你堵死了 |
[26:27] | Wasn’t that just a little reckless? | 这是否有一点疏忽大意呢 |
[26:30] | I suppose so. | 我想是的 |
[26:33] | And, Ms. Katlin, again, honestly | Katlin女士 请再次诚实地回答 |
[26:36] | when you did something this reckless in a stunt | 当你在拍摄如此危险的一个场景时 |
[26:39] | that was so high-risk to begin with | 犯下这样的疏忽大意 |
[26:41] | didn’t you increase the chances that something could go wrong? | 你是否加大了发生意外的可能性 |
[26:45] | Yes, but I didn’t mean for it to go wrong. | 是的 但是我不是故意要发生意外 |
[26:48] | Yes, but you did increase the chances | 没错 但是你的确增加了 |
[26:50] | for something to go wrong, didn’t you? | 发生意外的可能性 不是吗 |
[26:52] | Yes. | 是的 |
[26:53] | You increased the chances he would die? Didn’t you? | 你增加了他死亡的可能性 不是吗 |
[26:56] | Yes, I guess I did, but I didn’t mean for him to die. | 是 我想是的 但是我不是故意要他死的 |
[26:59] | A deadly stunt, | 一场可能致命的场景 |
[27:01] | you hated him, you wished him dead. | 你恨他 你希望他死掉 |
[27:03] | You increased the chances of his death. | 你增加了他死亡的可能性 |
[27:05] | He dies. You admit you’re glad he’s dead. | 他真的死了 你承认为他的死感到高兴 |
[27:09] | You knowingly put him at extreme, extreme risk, didn’t you? | 你故意置他于非常 非常危险的境地 不是吗 |
[27:14] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[27:15] | You don’t know? | 你不知道? |
[27:16] | So then, it might be possible that on some unconscious level | 那么 有可能在潜意识的层面上 |
[27:20] | you did mean for him to die. | 你确实希望他死掉 |
[27:22] | Isn’t that possible? | 有没有这个可能 |
[27:25] | I don’t know, I don’t know. I… | 我不知道 我不知道 我… |
[27:28] | I think you do, Ms. Katlin. | 我认为你知道 Katlin女士 |
[27:31] | I think you do. | 我认为你知道 |
[27:42] | You told me to tell the truth. | 你让我说实话的 |
[27:44] | You told us it was an accident. | 你告诉我们说是意外 |
[27:46] | It was. | 的确是意外 |
[27:48] | But those questions he asked. I just told the truth. | 但他问的那些问题 我只是实话实说 |
[27:51] | You said tell the truth and I did. | 你让我说实话 我就说实话了 |
[27:53] | What happened? | 怎么了 |
[27:55] | What happened is they’ve got you on murder two. | 怎么了 他们已经证明了二级谋杀 |
[27:59] | Why? | 为什么 |
[28:00] | Because they don’t need specific intent for murder two. | 因为二级谋杀并不需要有杀人的明确意图 |
[28:02] | All they need is extreme recklessness, | 他们只要证明存在严重的疏忽大意 |
[28:05] | and you just gave it to them. | 你刚刚自己承认了 |
[28:08] | I don’t understand. | 我不明白 |
[28:10] | If you’re reckless with the knowledge of the potential consequences, | 只要你预见到可能的后果而疏忽大意 |
[28:13] | that’s enough. | 这就足够了 |
[28:14] | It’s not murder one, but it’s murder two. | 这够不上一级谋杀 但已经是二级谋杀 |
[28:19] | And what’s the penalty for that? | 刑罚是怎样的 |
[28:23] | Life. | 终生监禁 |
[28:26] | – Manslaughter? – It’s a conviction. | -非蓄谋杀人? -总算是定罪 |
[28:28] | He shot and killed the guy in cold blood. | 他残忍而冷血地杀了人 |
[28:31] | Manslaughter, he gets out in five years or less. | 非蓄谋杀人罪 他呆不上五年就能出来 |
[28:33] | Rebecca, I have no intention of making a deal. | Rebecca 我也不想跟他达成辩诉交易 |
[28:36] | But before I reject it, | 但是在我拒绝他之前 |
[28:37] | I have to be sure you’ll hold up. | 我必须确认你能证明他的罪行 |
[28:39] | I’ll hold up. | 我可以证明 |
[28:39] | You’re the entire case. | 整个案子就系于你一身 |
[28:41] | If you wobble even slightly… | 哪怕你有一点点动摇… |
[28:43] | Don’t worry about me. | 不用担心我 |
[28:44] | Now, he’s the one. I saw it. | 就是他 我亲眼所见 |
[28:47] | Please, don’t worry about me. | 拜托 不要担心我 |
[28:49] | Okay. | 好的 |
[28:54] | We didn’t prepare her, Ellenor. | 我们没有帮她做好准备 Ellenor |
[28:56] | She’s looking at a life sentence, because we didn’t do our jobs. | 她现在面临终生监禁 因为我们没有尽责 |
[28:58] | No, I didn’t do my job. Is that what you mean? | 不 是我没有尽责 你是这个意思吗 |
[29:00] | I’m not laying it on you. | 我不是在把责任推到你头上 |
[29:01] | Yeah, but it is on me. | 对 但确实该怪我 |
[29:02] | I’m the one who prepped her. It was my responsibility to … | 应该由我来帮她准备 我有责任… |
[29:04] | Put her back up there. Try to rehabilitate. | 再让她作证一次 想办法弥补 |
[29:06] | What’s that gonna do? She said it under oath. | 有什么用 她已经在证人席上那么说了 |
[29:08] | Her version of recklessness | 她理解的疏忽大意 |
[29:10] | isn’t the same as legal recklessness. | 不同于法律概念上的疏忽大意 |
[29:11] | She has no foundation to give legal conclusions. | 她没有资格提供法律结论 |
[29:14] | She hasn’t admitted anything legally. | 法律意义上 她没有承认任何事情 |
[29:16] | You think the jury’s gonna make that distinction? | 你以为陪审团分得清楚这两者的区别? |
[29:17] | Well, you have to make that distinction | 你必须在结案陈词的时候 |
[29:19] | in your closing, otherwise… | 把两者的区别说清楚 否则 |
[29:21] | We phoned it in. Ellenor We did what everybody else did. | 是我们的错 Ellenor 我们像所有人一样 |
[29:23] | She’s just basically a porno hooker. | 把她看做一个拍A片的婊子 |
[29:25] | I mean, what’s really at stake? | 我是说 有什么关系呢 |
[29:26] | Court appointed. We were sloppy. | 法院指定 我们处理得太草率了 |
[29:28] | Because of that, she’s looking at a life sentence. | 因为这样 她现在面临终生监禁 |
[29:37] | Voluntary. Two years. Credit for time served. | 故意杀人 两年监禁 不缓刑 |
[29:39] | Too late. Murder two. | 太晚了 二级谋杀 |
[29:41] | We got it, we’ll keep it. | 我们已经证明了 我们会坚持下去 |
[29:42] | You may not have it. | 你不一定能得到二级谋杀的判决 |
[29:43] | We still have grounds on appeal. Unfair surprise. | 我们还有理由上诉 不当突袭 |
[29:45] | My office doesn’t care about the appeal right now, | 我们部门现在不关心上诉的问题 |
[29:48] | EI, they want the verdict. | EI 他们只要裁决 |
[29:50] | All right, come on, tell me. What’s up? | 行了 跟我说说 怎么回事 |
[29:54] | How many murder trials you guys win lately? | 你们最近打赢了多少桩谋杀案 |
[29:57] | The upcoming profile in Boston Magazine. | 《波士顿》杂志即将出版的专访 |
[29:59] | You don’t think there’s an awareness about that in my office? | 你以为我们部门对这一切都无动于衷吗 |
[30:02] | And with these cops getting killed… | 还有Bobby向他的贩毒客户透露消息 |
[30:04] | …by your heroin clients after Bobby tipped them off? | 导致那些警察被杀害 |
[30:09] | Off the record? | 私底下说? |
[30:10] | Yeah. You and me. | 当然 你知我知 |
[30:12] | The DA’s office has a slight agenda against your firm. | 地检署有一个专门针对你们事务所的小方案 |
[30:17] | Every client you represent | 你们代理的每一个当事人 |
[30:18] | has the ** disadvantage… …that from our side, | 只要我们有把柄可抓 |
[30:20] | we’ll be trying a little harder. | 我们一定会更加投入 |
[30:24] | Does Helen Gamble know about this? | Helen Gamble知道这些事吗 |
[30:26] | It’s not an official policy. | 这不是一个正式的政策 |
[30:27] | But any DA who pulls one of your cases, | 但是如果哪个检察官跟你们打对手 |
[30:29] | he or she gets a little visit. | 就会有人跟他谈话 |
[30:31] | A personal visit from Scott Hamburg. | Scott Hamburg会找他谈话 |
[30:35] | No favors. No deals. | 不能照顾 不能和解 |
[30:37] | – This sucks. – Yes, it does. | -这太混蛋了 -是的 |
[30:39] | But I gotta tell you, EI. From where I sit, | 但是我要告诉你 EI 在我看来 |
[30:41] | your girl knew what she was doing. | 你的当事人知道自己在做什么 |
[30:43] | She took care of a situation. | 她设计了那样的方案 |
[30:44] | I have no problem putting her away. | 我不介意把她送进监狱 |
[30:46] | – Forever? – Forever. | -一辈子? -一辈子 |
[31:01] | Do you want her to get over it, Lindsay? | 你真希望她放下这个事情吗 Lindsay |
[31:03] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[31:04] | You say you’re for Helen and me, | 你说你希望我跟Helen在一起 |
[31:06] | but ever since we got together… | 可是自从我们真的在一起之后 |
[31:07] | …l’ve been picking up… – Picking up what? | -我总是觉得… -觉得什么 |
[31:11] | Why did you tell her? | 你为什么要告诉她 |
[31:15] | What are you accusing me of? | 你是在暗示什么 |
[31:16] | I’m not accusing you of anything. | 我没有暗示什么 |
[31:19] | – I’m just wondering if… – Well, you’re wondering wrong. | -我只是想知道是不是… -你想太多了 |
[31:22] | She’s one of my best friends. I just chose not to lie to her. | 她是我最好的朋友 我只是不想骗她 |
[31:26] | There was no other motive than that. | 我没有其它任何想法 |
[31:30] | Fine. | 那好 |
[31:33] | Fine. | 好 |
[31:36] | I have to get to court. | 我要去法庭了 |
[31:47] | So the manslaughter deal, that’s off? | 关于非蓄谋杀人的方案 没谈成? |
[31:50] | Well, you could say that. | 嗯 可以这么说 |
[31:53] | Sara, you basically gave them murder two on the stand. | Sara 你相当于在作证的时候承认了二级谋杀 |
[31:57] | I’m gonna give it my best shot. | 我会竭尽全力 |
[31:58] | But right now, beating murder one | 但就现在而言 打掉一级谋杀 |
[31:59] | could be the best we could do. | 已经是最好的结果了 |
[32:02] | Well, maybe it’s right. | 呃 也许就是这样的 |
[32:05] | I beg your pardon? | 什么意思 |
[32:06] | Maybe I did mean to kill him. | 也许我是真的想杀他 |
[32:09] | I thought all night about those questions he asked me, | 我一整晚都在想他问我的那些问题 |
[32:12] | the district attorney. | 检察官 |
[32:13] | It’s all true. | 确实是这样 |
[32:15] | I knew it was dangerous covering his mouth. | 我知道绑住他的嘴巴会很危险 |
[32:18] | I wanted him dead. | 我想要他死 |
[32:19] | And what if maybe part of me did do it on purpose, Ellenor? | 也许我潜意识里面就是故意要杀他呢? |
[32:24] | Okay, you know what? We’re not gonna argue that. Let’s go. | 听我说 我们不能这么说 走吧 |
[32:32] | Got any ideas? | 有什么想法 |
[32:33] | Don’t recall her to the stand. | 不要再让她作证 |
[32:34] | She suddenly wonders whether she did it on purpose? | 她突然怀疑自己是不是故意杀人 |
[32:36] | You know what? she takes that “whole truth, so help me God” | 我想 她把法庭上的宣誓 |
[32:38] | part a little too seriously. | 太当真了 |
[32:40] | We should probably keep her out of the room. | 我们也许不该让她作证 |
[32:42] | Maybe I’ll take another stab at a plea. And I’ll see if the… | 或许我可以再试试达成辩诉交易 我再看看… |
[32:45] | What? | 怎么了 |
[32:47] | What you just said. | 你刚刚所说的 |
[32:48] | Now she wonders whether she did it on purpose or not. | 她现在怀疑自己是不是故意那样做的 |
[32:51] | And that whole “so help you, God” part, that’s it. | 加上法庭上的宣誓 就是它了 |
[32:53] | That’s what? | 就是什么 |
[32:55] | That’s our closing. | 就是我们的结案陈词 |
[32:56] | What are you talking about? | 你在说什么呢 |
[32:58] | Well, could it be true? | 是不是真的 |
[32:59] | Could it be? | 是不是真的? |
[33:01] | All I can say is I’ve never gotten any mandate. | 我只能说 我从来没有接到这样的指示 |
[33:04] | But you haven’t had any cases against us. | 但是你最近都没有跟我们打过对手 |
[33:06] | They know you’re sleeping with me. | 他们知道我和你的关系 |
[33:08] | Bobby, let’s face it. | Bobby 面对现实吧 |
[33:12] | Your firm has pissed this office off. | 你的事务所惹恼了我们部门 |
[33:14] | That Joey Heric case made you a target. | 那个Joey Heric的案子让你成为众矢之的 |
[33:18] | And when those police officers got killed. | 而那些警察被杀害的时候 |
[33:21] | For me, as far as my office goes, | 对我来说 从我的部门来看 |
[33:23] | I’m sleeping with the enemy. | 我是在和敌人上床 |
[33:25] | The day I stop winning my cases, I’m gone. | 到我赢不了案子那天 我也就完了 |
[33:28] | – Because of me? – Because of you. | -因为我? -因为你 |
[33:35] | A little common sense here, folks. She wanted him dead. | 用点常识想一想 朋友们 她想要他死 |
[33:38] | She stood to inherit everything if he died. | 他死之后 她可以继承所有的遗产 |
[33:42] | She threatened to kill him in a dangerous sex scene. | 她威胁要在危险的性场景中杀掉他 |
[33:46] | These aren’t just things we put into evidence. | 这不仅有我们提供的证据可以证明 |
[33:48] | These are things she flat out admits. | 这些事实是她在庭上亲口承认了的 |
[33:51] | Sara Katlin told you all this. | Sara Katlin亲口告诉你这些事实 |
[33:53] | If you don’t want to believe me, believe her. | 如果你们不肯相信我 那么相信她 |
[33:56] | Of course she intended to kill him. | 她当然是故意要杀掉他 |
[33:58] | And even if you should somehow want to resist that conclusion… | 即便你们不肯接受这样的结论 |
[34:02] | you simply cannot escape her guilt for murder in the second degree. | 你们绝对无法回避二级谋杀罪名的成立 |
[34:06] | For murder two, all she need have | 对于二级谋杀 只需要她意识到 |
[34:09] | is an awareness of an unjustifiably high risk to human life | 存在威胁生命的重大不合理危险 |
[34:14] | and she basically admitted that too, didn’t she? | 而这也是她自己承认了的 不是吗 |
[34:17] | Ladies and gentlemen, if you don’t wanna believe me… | 女士们先生们 如果你们不想相信我 |
[34:21] | please believe her. | 请相信她自己 |
[34:32] | Well, it would be easy to dismiss her, wouldn’t it? | 要给她定罪是件很容易的事情 不是吗 |
[34:35] | A porno queen. | 色情女王 |
[34:37] | We all saw what she does for a living. | 我们都看到了她靠什么来谋生 |
[34:39] | And whatever character traits you want to attach to her… | 不管你们怎样看待她的性格特征 |
[34:42] | integrity really isn’t the first one that comes to mind. | 你们肯定不会把诚实当做她的第一品质 |
[34:46] | Not that this is at all relevant, | 虽然跟案件没什么关系 |
[34:47] | but when I watched the footage | 但当我看到那些镜头的时候 |
[34:49] | I was disgusted. | 我觉得恶心 |
[34:51] | But every defendant gets his or her day in court. | 但是每一个被告都应该受到公正的审判 |
[34:54] | And as her lawyer, it is my job to present her side of the story. | 作为她的律师 我有责任代表她说话 |
[34:58] | And since we came in today armed only with her word, well… | 而我们今天所拥有的 只有她的证言 那么… |
[35:03] | What could her word be worth? | 她的证言有什么价值? |
[35:06] | It turns out, quite a bit. | 答案是 价值重大 |
[35:09] | So much so, that the prosecutor just stood before you | 以至于 控方刚才站在你们面前 |
[35:12] | and asked you to believe her. | 请求你们相信她 |
[35:16] | Believe her. | 相信她 |
[35:17] | And the reason he made that argument | 他之所以这么说 |
[35:19] | is because of all the things that jumped out during this trial | 是因为在本案审理中所呈现的所有因素里面 |
[35:23] | the most conspicuous was her truthfulness. | 最清楚不过的就是她的诚实 |
[35:27] | She didn’t hide a damn thing. | 她没有一丝一毫的隐瞒 |
[35:28] | She got up on that witness chair | 她站在证人席上 |
[35:30] | and to her own detriment, she told the truth. | 说出了真相 尽管会对自己不利 |
[35:35] | Admitted she hated her husband, | 她承认恨自己的丈夫 |
[35:36] | admitted she wanted him dead | 承认希望他死掉 |
[35:38] | even admitted that she was glad when he died. | 甚至承认了为他的死感到高兴 |
[35:43] | Now, nobody, not me, not him | 你们看 没有人 包括我 包括他 |
[35:48] | and I suspect not even you, | 而且我想也包括你们 |
[35:50] | ever expected that much truth from her. | 事先会想到她竟如此诚实 |
[35:55] | But what did she say when asked | 但是当被问到是否有意杀害她的丈夫 |
[35:58] | whether or not she intended to kill her husband? | 她是怎么回答的呢 |
[36:01] | She said no. | 她说不是 |
[36:04] | And when asked | 当被问到 |
[36:05] | was she so reckless that | 她是否疏忽大意 |
[36:06] | she should have foreseen that he might die | 竟然没有预料到他可能会死亡 |
[36:09] | she did not admit that. | 她并没有承认 |
[36:12] | She said, “I don’t know.” | 她说 “我不知道” |
[36:14] | That was honest. | 这是诚实的回答 |
[36:17] | She didn’t know. | 她不知道 |
[36:20] | That is reasonable doubt, ladies and gentlemen. | 这是合理怀疑 女士们先生们 |
[36:22] | She didn’t know. | 她不知道 |
[36:25] | And her doubt is also your doubt | 而她的怀疑也是你们的怀疑 |
[36:29] | if you take her at her word. | 如果你们相信她所说的话 |
[36:33] | So I’m gonna ask you to go back into that room, | 所以我请求你们回到陪审团室 |
[36:35] | and I’m gonna make the same request that he just made. | 我也提出跟他一样的请求 |
[36:38] | If you don’t believe me | 如果你们不相信我 |
[36:41] | please, believe her. | 拜托 请相信她 |
[36:48] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[36:57] | How long have they been out? | 他们出去多久了 |
[36:59] | Six hours now. | 到现在六个小时了 |
[37:00] | They’ll suspend at 7:00 and then resume tomorrow. | 他们到七点钟暂停 明天再继续 |
[37:03] | You still got a shot? | 你们还有机会? |
[37:04] | Ellenor was strong. | Ellenor很厉害 |
[37:05] | Can I talk to you a second? | 可以跟你谈谈吗 |
[37:17] | I’ve been thinking about your little accusation. | 我一直在想你责怪我的那些话 |
[37:21] | I’m sorry about that. | 我很抱歉 |
[37:23] | I didn’t tell her about us with any motive to break you up. | 我告诉她我们的事 不是想害你们分手 |
[37:26] | And I do think you make a great couple. | 我真的觉得你们两个很般配 |
[37:30] | But I’d be lying if I said I didn’t miss you. | 但如果我说我不想你 那是假话 |
[37:36] | What is… | 你是… |
[37:40] | Is this gonna be a problem? | 这会有问题吗 |
[37:44] | I don’t think so. | 我想不会 |
[37:47] | I hope not. | 我希望不会 |
[37:52] | I miss the sex. | 我想念我们的性爱 |
[37:54] | I miss being held by you. | 我想念被你抱着的感觉 |
[37:57] | I miss you. | 我想念你 |
[38:04] | -Hey Lindsay, jury’s back. – Already? | -Lindsay 陪审团回来了 -这么快? |
[38:06] | Yeah. Let’s go. | 嗯 走吧 |
[38:11] | Jury’s back. | 陪审团回来了 |
[38:13] | I heard. | 我听见了 |
[38:17] | See you. | 再见 |
[38:20] | See you. | 再见 |
[38:54] | Madam foreperson, | 首席陪审员女士 |
[38:55] | the jury has reached its unanimous verdict? | 陪审团达成一致裁决了吗 |
[38:59] | We have, Your Honor. | 是的 法官阁下 |
[39:04] | What say you, Madam foreperson? | 请宣布判决 首席陪审员女士 |
[39:06] | “Commonwealth v. Katlin. | 马萨诸塞州诉Katlin |
[39:09] | On the charge of murder in the first degree | 关于一级谋杀罪的指控 |
[39:12] | we find the defendant, Sara Katlin, not guilty. | 我们判决被告Sara Katlin无罪 |
[39:19] | On the charge of murder in the second degree | 关于二级谋杀罪的指控 |
[39:22] | we find the defendant, Sara Katlin, not guilty.” | 我们判决被告Sara Katlin无罪 |
[39:29] | Thank you. | 谢谢 |
[39:30] | You did it, Sara. They believed you. | 你成功了 Sara 他们相信你 |
[40:00] | What are you doing? | 你在做什么 |
[40:02] | Just sitting. What are you doing? | 坐一会 你来做什么 |
[40:04] | I actually had a date tonight. I just came by to pick up my case. | 我今晚有个约会 我顺路过来拿个案卷 |
[40:08] | How’d it go? | 怎么样 |
[40:09] | Terrible. | 糟透了 |
[40:10] | She asked me what I did for a living. | 她问我做什么职业的 |
[40:12] | And you told? | 你跟她说了? |
[40:17] | So… | 那么… |
[40:22] | What’s going on? | 你怎么了 |
[40:26] | I think I’ve been here too long already. | 我觉得我做这一行已经太久了 |
[40:29] | We had a client who was innocent. | 我们有一个无辜的当事人 |
[40:32] | Well, at least more innocent than guilty, | 至少不是完全有罪 |
[40:33] | and we were completely unprepared for it. | 而我们准备得一点都不充分 |
[40:36] | I looked at her like an alien, “Innocent, what’s that?” | 我把她看得像个怪物似的 “无辜 什么意思” |
[40:40] | And it almost cost her. | 差一点就害苦了她 |
[40:43] | Have you ever had an innocent one, Eugene? | 你有没有遇到过无辜的当事人 Eugene |
[40:45] | I’d have to check. | 我得找找 |
[40:48] | But it’s like Bobby says, | 不过正如Bobby说的 |
[40:49] | every once in a great, great while, you get one. | 非常 非常偶然地 你会遇到一个 |
[40:52] | And that’s why we do this, remember? | 而这正是我们的意义所在 还记得吗 |
[40:54] | I guess. | 好像是 |
[40:56] | I don’t know, I’m afraid if I do this too long, | 我不知道 我怕如果我做得太久了 |
[40:58] | I’ll lose complete perspective. | 我会变得迷茫而不知所措 |
[41:01] | It’s better since I dropped the drug dealers, but still… | 自从我不再接毒贩的案子后已经好些了 但始终… |
[41:05] | Did you know I’ve slept with Bobby? | 你知道我跟Bobby上过床吗 |
[41:09] | Could you repeat that last part? | 把最后那句话重复一遍? |
[41:11] | It was a while back. | 已经是从前的事了 |
[41:12] | That’s just between us, | 我只告诉你一个人 |
[41:13] | your little party favor for walking in here tonight. | 就当是你今天晚上走到这里来所得的好处 |
[41:16] | I just wonder, have I lost perspective? | 我在想 我是不是迷茫了 |
[41:18] | Did sleeping with him make me lose perspective? | 是不是跟他上床让我变得迷茫 |
[41:21] | Was I meant to be a criminal lawyer, | 我是注定要成为一个刑事辩护律师 |
[41:22] | or was I just meant to sleep with one? | 还是注定要跟某个刑事辩护律师上床 |
[41:23] | I knew everything I was and wanted to be | 从法学院毕业的时候 我很了解自己 |
[41:26] | when I graduated from law school. | 也了解自己想要成为什么样的人 |
[41:27] | I really did. And now I know nothing. | 我真的了解 可是现在我什么都不了解了 |
[41:32] | Okay. And what you don’t know. | 那么 你说你不了解 |
[41:37] | It’s about Bobby? | 是在说Bobby吗 |
[41:39] | Not so much Bobby. I mean, | 不全是Bobby 我是说 |
[41:41] | I know what that was, or wasn’t. | 我知道我跟他之间的是是非非 |
[41:43] | It’s more about… everything. | 更主要的是…所有的事情 |
[41:47] | I feel like being in this kind of work | 我觉得在这样一份工作里 |
[41:49] | I don’t know who I am anymore when it comes to everything. | 对于一切 我不再清楚自己是谁了 |
[41:54] | Oh, welcome to the club. | 哦 欢迎来到我们的圈子 |
[41:58] | That’s it? That’s your wisdom? | 就这样? 这就是你的智慧? |
[42:01] | Welcome to the club? | 欢迎来到这个圈子? |
[42:04] | Lindsay, in our line of work, it isn’t too good to be ponderous. | Lindsay 做我们这份工作 想得太深不是好事 |
[42:08] | You got an innocent client off today. | 你今天帮一个无辜的当事人洗脱了罪名 |
[42:10] | Enjoy it. | 你应该高兴 |
[42:12] | Savor it, even. | 甚至应该尽情享受 |