时间 | 英文 | 中文 |
---|---|---|
[00:02] | I like it. | 我觉得很好 |
[00:03] | Thanks. | 谢谢 |
[00:05] | It’s menswear. I mean, | 这是男装 我是说 |
[00:07] | they’re nice clothes, but suits are for men. | 衣服不错 但是西服是给男人穿的 |
[00:10] | Why? Looks better on her. | 为什么 她穿上更好看 |
[00:13] | No offense, Jimmy. | 无意冒犯 Jimmy |
[00:14] | That’s rude, Rebecca. | 这很伤人 Rebecca |
[00:17] | You like it? | 你喜欢吗 |
[00:17] | Well, I gotta get used to it | 呃 我得慢慢适应 |
[00:19] | but yeah, it looks hot. | 不过 看起来很棒 |
[00:22] | – Where? – Oh, no. | -在哪里 -哦 不会吧 |
[00:24] | All right, tell him I can be there in about 10 minutes. | 好的 告诉他我大概十分钟到 |
[00:26] | Great. You gotta be kidding me. | 见鬼了 你开什么玩笑 |
[00:28] | I wish I were. Homicide scene, | 我倒希望是个玩笑 谋杀现场 |
[00:30] | they think I need to see it. | 他们觉得我有必要看一看 |
[00:32] | Why? | 为什么 |
[00:33] | You don’t wanna know. | 你不想知道的 |
[00:43] | Five minutes. I’ll be right back. | 五分钟 我马上回来 |
[00:46] | Go ahead. Move it. | 走吧 快点 |
[00:48] | – Right away. – Let’s go. Keep coming, keep coming. | -马上 -我们走 往前 往前 |
[00:50] | All right, hold up there. All right, here you go. | 好了 停下 好了 就这样 |
[00:58] | The coroner said she’s been dead about 24 hours. | 验尸官说她已经死亡大约24小时 |
[01:01] | Sorry for pulling you down here, Helen, | 很抱歉把你叫过来 Helen |
[01:02] | but with the jurisdictional tug of war | 但是涉及到司法管辖权之争 |
[01:05] | It’s okay. | 没关系 |
[01:09] | It’s bad. | 一团糟 |
[01:39] | Mike? Mike? | |
[01:42] | Found the poem. | 找到诗歌了 |
[01:44] | “Cloudy with a chance of membranes. Scattered hands.” | “一些薄膜的阴影 四处散落的手” |
[01:50] | The right one’s up there. | 右手在那边 |
[01:52] | The left one’s in the corner. | 左手在角落里 |
[02:02] | You called the FBI? | 你通知联邦调查局了? |
[02:03] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[02:05] | She was raped first? | 她死前被强奸过? |
[02:07] | Can’t tell yet. | 现在还不知道 |
[02:12] | Okay, well, it looks like the Poet. | 看来 像是”诗人杀手”干的 |
[02:18] | We leave everything where it is. | 我们保持现场的原状 |
[02:19] | Nobody moves or removes anything. | 任何人不要碰任何东西 |
[02:22] | This will be a federal investigation. | 这个案子将由联邦机构调查 |
[02:23] | Fine. | 好的 |
[02:25] | We leave everything for the FBI to see. | 保持现场 让联邦调查局来看 |
[02:31] | My God. | 老天爷 |
[03:20] | I’ve read about this guy before. | 我以前看过这个人的报道 |
[03:21] | Yeah, the Poet. | 嗯 “诗人杀手” |
[03:22] | Leaves a little limerick at the scene. | 在杀人现场留下打油诗 |
[03:25] | Cuts off heads. | 砍掉受害人的头 |
[03:26] | And it’s always great-looking women too. | 而且受害者全都是漂亮女性 |
[03:29] | This is the fourth one. | 这是第四个 |
[03:30] | Knockout body, no head. It’s sick. | 魔鬼般的身材 头没了 真恶心 |
[03:35] | Telling me to take a plea. | 居然叫我认罪 |
[03:37] | I don’t need to hire a lawyer just to tell me to give up. | 我请律师 不是让他来教我放弃的 |
[03:40] | No, you don’t. Please wait in the conference room. | 是 你说得对 请在会议室等我 |
[03:43] | I’ll be in shortly with a list of new attorneys. | 我马上向你推荐几个新律师 |
[03:45] | Don’t be making smart neither. | 不要嘲讽我 |
[03:47] | I’m not too old to take a swing at you. | 我人虽老 扁你一顿没问题 |
[03:49] | I’m not too young to swing back. | 我虽然年轻 也不会让你占便宜 |
[03:50] | Uncle Ty, please go to the conference room… | Ty叔叔 拜托你去会议室 |
[03:52] | Don’t you be talking to me… | 不要这样对我说话… |
[03:53] | Please go in there and be quiet! | 请你进去 闭嘴 |
[03:57] | He’s driving me crazy. | 他要把我搞疯了 |
[03:59] | I got it chopped to six months on suspended. | 我给他争取到六个月 缓刑 |
[04:01] | He still won’t take it. | 他还是不肯接受 |
[04:02] | Because I’m not gonna say I’m guilty. | 因为我不会承认我有罪 |
[04:04] | You are guilty. You don’t pay your taxes. It’s a crime. | 你的确有罪 你拒绝纳税 这就是犯罪 |
[04:07] | It’s a crime if they take money… | 他们才是犯罪 他们收了钱… |
[04:08] | They’re not gonna forgive you… | 他们不会谅解你… |
[04:10] | Hey, hey. What the hell is going on? | 嘿 嘿 搞什么鬼 |
[04:12] | This trial is going on. He won’t take the plea. | 案件正在庭审 他不愿意接受辩诉交易 |
[04:14] | I got to go in and argue | 我只能为他辩护说 |
[04:15] | he should be exempt from paying state taxes. | 他可以不缴州政府的税款 |
[04:18] | and the only possible good I see | 我能想到的唯一好处就是 |
[04:19] | is that they may lock him up | 他们会把他关进监狱 |
[04:20] | and I won’t have to deal with | 我就再也不用跟他打交道了 |
[04:21] | Get my uncle off. | 你要帮我叔叔洗脱罪名 |
[04:23] | You get off everybody else… | 你帮所有人洗脱罪名… |
[04:24] | Don’t shake your finger. | 别拿手指我 |
[04:26] | All right! | 够了 |
[04:27] | It’s a shoddy ship you run. | 你们都是些什么律师 |
[04:34] | I had to cancel my day. | 我不得不取消今天的安排 |
[04:36] | I’ve been at crime scenes before, but… | 我以前也看过犯罪现场 但是… |
[04:38] | “Cloudy with a chance of membranes”? | “一些薄膜的阴影”? |
[04:40] | It was the “scattered hands” that got me. | 是那句”四处散落的手”把我恶心到了 |
[04:44] | Oh, no. | 哦 不是吧 |
[04:47] | Do I have to? | 我非去不可吗 |
[04:49] | Oh, you think I like it? | 你以为我想吗 |
[04:50] | Ordinarily, I wouldn’t bring you in. | 一般情况下 我不会叫你来 |
[04:53] | Let’s go. | 进去吧 |
[04:57] | Doctors Miner and Shiff. | Miner和Shiff医生 |
[04:59] | District Attorney Helen Gamble. | 这是地区检察官Helen Gamble |
[05:02] | – Where’s the head? – Right here. | -头部在哪 -在这里 |
[05:05] | The fatality was caused by a massive skull fracture… | 从大脑颞叶的这个凹陷来看 |
[05:08] | …indicated by this depression on the temporal lobe. | 死亡原因是大范围的头颅碎裂 |
[05:12] | She was bludgeoned. Probably by a blunt instrument. | 她可能遭受了某种钝物的猛烈击打 |
[05:16] | We found microscopic wood fragments in the scalp. | 我们在头皮上发现了木头碎屑 |
[05:18] | So it’s probably a wood handle, | 所以武器可能是木柄的 |
[05:19] | maybe an axe or hammer. | 也许是斧子或锤子 |
[05:21] | Let’s go to the neck, ** the point of decapitation. | 再看一下颈部 砍头的地方 |
[05:23] | Oh, God. | 哦 天哪 |
[05:27] | Great. | 你真行 |
[05:28] | I thought you had it. | 我以为你已经接住了 |
[05:31] | With previous victims… | 在以前的受害者身上 |
[05:33] | …the skin was mashed and the cutting was jagged. | 皮肤被弄烂 切口参差不齐 |
[05:37] | Here, incisions were made with straight vertical cuts. | 但在这里 切口干净利落 |
[05:39] | Now, the ligaments… | 你看这些韧带… |
[05:42] | Right here. | 这里 |
[05:44] | The ligaments of the cervical spine have been incised individually. | 颈椎上的韧带被单独地切割 |
[05:49] | All of this means what? | 这些意味着什么 |
[05:50] | It means the Poet didn’t do this. | 意味着这不是”诗人杀手”干的 |
[05:52] | This is a copycat. | 是个模仿者 |
[05:54] | What? | 什么 |
[05:55] | Turning to the abdomen. No semen, no vaginal bruising. | 再看腹部 没有精液 也没有阴道擦伤 |
[05:59] | I don’t think she was raped. | 我认为她没有被强奸 |
[06:00] | What are you telling me here? | 你说这些是什么意思 |
[06:02] | I’m telling you, | 我的意思是 |
[06:03] | that this was probably done by somebody who knew her. | 凶手可能是某个她认识的人 |
[06:05] | It wasn’t the Poet. | 不是”诗人杀手” |
[06:06] | And it’s therefore not an FBI investigation any longer. | 所以这个案子也不再归联邦调查局管辖 |
[06:11] | It’s all yours. | 该你们接手了 |
[06:16] | And you were able to compute Mr. Emerson’s income… | 你算出来了Emerson先生 |
[06:19] | …for the years 1995 and 1996? | 1995年和1996年的收入? |
[06:22] | I didn’t have to compute it, he declared it. | 我用不着算 他自己告诉我们的 |
[06:24] | He declared it? | 他告诉你们了? |
[06:25] | In his federal returns. | 在他的联邦退税表里 |
[06:28] | Based on those returns, | 根据他的联邦退税 |
[06:29] | he owed the state $ 11,612 for ’95… | 他需要向州政府缴纳95年的税款11612元 |
[06:33] | …$ 13,603 for ’96… | 缴纳96年的税款13603元 |
[06:36] | …totaling $25,215. | 总计是25215元 |
[06:40] | And did you seek payment? | 你们有没有要求他纳税 |
[06:41] | We did. | 有 |
[06:42] | Did he respond? | 他有没有答复 |
[06:44] | He did. | 有 |
[06:44] | How did he respond, sir? | 他是怎么答复的 先生 |
[06:46] | He said he had a commemorative Jackie Robinson… | 他说他有一个纪念版的Jackie Robinson |
[06:49] | …Louisville Slugger baseball bat… | Louisville Slugger棒球拍子 |
[06:50] | …and if I’d come by his residence, | 如果我找到他家里去 |
[06:52] | he’d drive it up my buttocks. | 他就用棒球拍子打我的屁股 |
[06:54] | Sideways, if I’d prefer. | 如果我想的话 可以打侧面 |
[06:56] | – Objection. – No, I said it. | -反对 -不 是我说的 |
[06:58] | You’re damn right I said it. | 是我说的 你记得一点没错 |
[07:01] | The objection is withdrawn. | 收回我的反对 |
[07:07] | You brought her here? | 你把她带到这里来了? |
[07:08] | In case you wanted to question her. | 我想你可能想询问她 |
[07:10] | – Why? – I’m looking… | -为什么 -我在想 |
[07:12] | …for the broadest possible warrant. | 让搜查令的范围尽可能宽一点 |
[07:13] | This guy owns real estate in Maine too. | 这家伙在Maine也有房产 |
[07:15] | Whatever you can think of. | 把能想到的都算进去 |
[07:18] | You think this doctor’s the guy? | 你觉得这个医生就是凶手? |
[07:20] | Well, you listen. Tell me. | 你先听听她怎么说 我想听你的意见 |
[07:29] | First of all, I’m extremely sorry for your loss… | 首先 对于你的遭遇我非常同情 |
[07:32] | …and I know it doesn’t make it easier | 我知道你现在也不想 |
[07:34] | for you to deal with the police. | 跟警察打交道 |
[07:37] | Why don’t you just arrest him? | 你们为什么不逮捕他 |
[07:40] | Well, the thing is, we need to be sure what you’re saying. | 问题是 我们必须核实你所说的情况 |
[07:48] | Did you ever see your daughter | 你看到过你的女儿 |
[07:49] | with this Dr. Winslow? | 跟这个Winslow医生在一起吗 |
[07:51] | No. | 没有 |
[07:53] | And she never told you | 她从来没有告诉你 |
[07:54] | she was having a relationship with him? | 她跟这个医生之间的关系? |
[07:57] | Not at first. | 刚开始没有 |
[07:58] | But eventually? | 后来呢 |
[08:01] | I already told all this to him, | 我已经把所有的情况都告诉他了 |
[08:02] | do I have to…? | 我还要… |
[08:04] | The problem is, | 问题在于 |
[08:04] | we’d be getting our warrants on circumstantial evidence… | 我们要根据间接证据来申请搜查令 |
[08:08] | …so legally, we wanna be covered. | 所以法律上 我们不能出差错 |
[08:11] | Mrs. Marks, we’d hate to lose an arrest | Marks太太 我们不能因为操之过急 |
[08:13] | because we moved too fast. | 反而让逮捕泡汤 |
[08:16] | I knew she was having an affair with a married man. | 我知道她在跟一个结过婚的男人交往 |
[08:19] | That much she admitted to me. | 她只告诉我这么多 |
[08:21] | And once, while visiting her… | 有一次我去看她 |
[08:23] | …I saw a picture of her with this Dr. Winslow. | 看到她跟这个Winslow医生的合影 |
[08:27] | It was on some beach in the Bahamas or something. | 是在巴哈马还是哪里的海滩上 |
[08:30] | And you recognized him how? | 你是怎么认出他来的 |
[08:32] | I didn’t, actually. | 我其实不认识 |
[08:35] | I’d never seen him before. | 我以前从来没有见过他 |
[08:37] | But about a week later, he was on the news. | 但是大约一个星期之后 他上了新闻 |
[08:42] | The news? | 新闻? |
[08:44] | He and some other doctor had invented this new heart valve… | 他跟其他医生一起发明了新型的心瓣膜 |
[08:47] | …and he was getting interviewed. | 他为此接受采访 |
[08:50] | And that’s when I got his name. | 我是这样才知道他的名字的 |
[08:53] | Doctor Jeffrey Winslow. | Jeffrey Winslow医生 |
[08:57] | And when I asked her about him… | 我向我女儿问起他的事 |
[08:59] | …she reluctantly admitted that this was the guy. | 她不情愿地承认就是在跟他交往 |
[09:04] | Why would you think he played a part in your daughter’s death? | 你为什么认为他跟你女儿的死有关系 |
[09:09] | Because two days ago she was scared. | 因为两天之前 她很担心 |
[09:15] | She said she was having problems with the man | 她说她跟交往的那个人 |
[09:17] | that she was seeing… | 之间出了问题 |
[09:18] | …and she was afraid that he might hurt her. | 她怕他会伤害自己 |
[09:27] | We can’t make an arrest on that. | 凭这些我们还不能实施逮捕 |
[09:29] | Search is possible. | 搜查倒有可能 |
[09:30] | I haven’t given you a punch line. | 我还有猛料没有告诉你 |
[09:32] | What? | 什么 |
[09:34] | He had access as to how the Poet killed his victims. | 他有途径可以了解到”诗人杀手”的杀人手段 |
[09:37] | How? | 什么途径 |
[09:38] | The last one? Autopsied in his hospital. | 最后一个受害者 在他的医院里解剖的 |
[09:42] | You’re thinking. What are you thinking? | 你在思考 想什么呢 |
[09:46] | Extramarital affair. Odds are, | 婚外情 我们可以猜测 |
[09:48] | his wife didn’t know about it. | 他的妻子被蒙在鼓里 |
[09:49] | So? | 所以? |
[09:51] | So she might be helpful… | 所以 她也许可以帮上忙 |
[09:52] | before she finds out we’re zeroing in on her husband. | 在她发现我们正在调查她丈夫之前 |
[09:56] | Pull some medical journals. | 查一下医学杂志 |
[09:58] | If this guy’s a hotshot heart surgeon… | 如果他是个著名的心脏科医生 |
[10:00] | l’m sure he’s been snapped at a benefit or two. | 我想一定能找到他参加慈善活动的照片 |
[10:02] | See if you can get a picture of his wife. | 看能不能找到他妻子的照片 |
[10:05] | Then get the make and year of his car. | 然后查一下他的车子的车型和出厂年份 |
[10:07] | What are you up to? | 你有什么计划 |
[10:09] | Her picture, his car. Should be easy to get. | 她的照片 他的车子 应该都很好查 |
[10:15] | Did my client ever tried hide what he was doing from you? | 我的当事人有没有向你隐瞒过任何事情 |
[10:18] | No. No, he was refreshingly straightforward. | 没有 没有 他非常坦诚 |
[10:21] | And like you said… | 如你所说 |
[10:23] | …he filed his federal returns, didn’t he? | 他提交了联邦退税申请 是吗 |
[10:25] | Yes, he did. | 是的 没错 |
[10:26] | He paid his federal taxes? | 他缴纳了联邦税款? |
[10:27] | Yes, he did. | 是的 缴了的 |
[10:28] | And did my client give you a reason | 我的当事人有没有说 |
[10:29] | as to why he wouldn’t pay his state taxes? | 为什么不愿意交州政府的税款 |
[10:31] | Well, he said when his house caught on fire, | 他说当他的房子着火的时候 |
[10:33] | the fire department didn’t come. | 消防部门没去救火 |
[10:35] | and since he’d paid taxes for fire protection and didn’t get it… | 既然他交的税款里边包含了消防服务 |
[10:38] | …he wasn’t gonna pay anymore. | 他就不愿意再交了 |
[10:40] | And you rejected that reason? | 你认为这个理由不成立? |
[10:41] | I did, though I sympathized. | 是的 虽然我同情他 |
[10:44] | I was even inclined to maybe let it slide. | 我甚至想睁只眼闭只眼算了 |
[10:48] | – You were? – Yeah. | -是吗 -是的 |
[10:50] | Until he dropped off that pig. | 直到他把那只猪扔给我们 |
[10:53] | The pig? | 那只猪? |
[10:54] | He greased up a pig. More like a big fat hog… | 他给一只猪抹上油 一头大肥猪 |
[10:59] | …and he wrote on it, | 还在它身上写道 |
[11:00] | “Pay to the order of the State Franchise Tax Board.” | “收款人: 州税务局” |
[11:03] | And he set it loose in my office. | 他把猪赶到我的办公室 |
[11:05] | And he said, “If the hog lays a big, | 还说 “如果它拉了一大堆 |
[11:07] | steamy bovine log, enjoy.” | 热气腾腾的大粪 好好享用” |
[11:22] | Can I help you? | 有什么可以帮你吗 |
[11:24] | Yes. I’m looking for Bobby Donnell. | 我是来找Bobby Donnell的 |
[11:28] | Can I tell him who’s calling? | 请问你是哪位? |
[11:29] | Jacob Hurwitz Jacob Hurwitz. | |
[11:31] | Jacob Hurwitz of Hurwitz, | 你是Hurwitz,Lichtman和Gill事务所的 |
[11:32] | Jacob Hurwitz? Lichtman and Gill? | |
[11:33] | Right. | 是的 |
[11:39] | This, of course,is extremely confidential. | 这件事情需要严格保密 |
[11:41] | Of course. | 当然 |
[11:44] | It’s possible that Jeffrey might become a suspect… | Jeffrey有可能成为一桩 |
[11:48] | …in a rather high-profile murder. | 备受关注的谋杀案的嫌疑人 |
[11:51] | There was a woman found dead. | 死者是一名女性 |
[11:52] | She was thought first to be a victim of a serial killer… | 最开始以为是连环杀手作案 |
[11:55] | …but evidently now… | 但是现在… |
[11:56] | Let me stop you right there. In the spirit of small worlds… | 我打断一下 这个世界真的太小 |
[11:59] | …I think I’m involved with the DA heading that case. | 我觉得我跟负责这个案件的检察官有关联 |
[12:02] | You think you’re involved, | 你觉得你跟案件有关联 |
[12:03] | or you think she’s the DA? | 还是你觉得她是检察官? |
[12:04] | Both. So we should probably terminate this discussion. | 都是 所以我们的谈话也许应该到此为止 |
[12:08] | Yes, well, we could do that, | 可以 我们没有意见 |
[12:10] | but if there is conflict of interest… | 不过如果存在利益冲突 |
[12:12] | …the onus would be on the DA to withdraw, don’t you think? | 应该是检察官有义务退出 你觉得呢 |
[12:15] | Well, it could be, but I really don’t want to put her in that position. | 是这样的 不过我不想强迫她退出 |
[12:19] | I see. Well, does she feel strongly about staying in it? | 明白了 那么 她很想继续负责这个案子吗 |
[12:22] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[12:24] | Well, I should think that you would ask her | 我认为在你拒绝我们的条件之前 |
[12:26] | before declining our offer. | 应该先问问她 |
[12:28] | What offer? | 什么条件 |
[12:29] | Mr. Donnell, my law firm could defend, | Donnell先生 我的事务所本来也可以辩护 |
[12:33] | and probably do so successfully… | 效果也许还不错 |
[12:36] | …but with homicide… | 但是对于谋杀案… |
[12:37] | Well, my client has asked me to refer him… | 呃 我的当事人要求我推荐 |
[12:40] | …to the most prolific attorney for this particular category. | 做这类案件最出色的律师 |
[12:44] | And right now, in this town, it is this firm. | 目前 在本市就是你们事务所 |
[12:49] | I had nothing to do with her death, Mr. Donnell… | 我跟她的死一点关系都没有 Donnell先生 |
[12:53] | …but I was having an affair with her. | 但是我跟她有婚外情 |
[12:58] | I’m willing to pay a premium | 如果能够避免成为嫌犯 |
[12:59] | to snuff out even the suspicion. | 我愿意付一笔额外费用 |
[13:01] | I have a wife, a family… | 我有妻子 有家庭 |
[13:04] | …not to mention, | 更不用说 |
[13:05] | I’m chief cardiothoracic surgeon at Mass General. | 我是麻省总医院的心脏外科主任医师 |
[13:08] | I cannot have this affair come to light. | 我不能让这段婚外情曝光 |
[13:13] | I’m prepared to hire this entire firm to see that doesn’t happen. | 我想聘请全所的律师来处理这个事务 |
[13:21] | Well, this entire firm would be expensive. | 全所的律师费用会很高 |
[13:26] | I know that. | 我知道 |
[13:29] | I’m ready to give you a retainer for $ 1 million. | 我愿意付给你们100万的律师费 |
[13:43] | You didn’t tell me about any pig. | 你没有告诉我有关猪的事情 |
[13:45] | – Grow up. – Grow up? | -成熟点吧 -成熟点? |
[13:46] | You assault them with a grease pig, | 你用抹了油的猪去整他们 |
[13:48] | that just pops up in trial. | 对方突然在庭上提出来 |
[13:49] | You don’t think we should’ve known about that? | 你不觉得应该先让我们知道吗 |
[13:50] | I didn’t know. | 我也不知道 |
[13:52] | What else do I need to know? | 还有什么需要我知道的 |
[13:54] | Some law. You know any law? – | 法律知识 你懂不懂法律 |
[13:55] | Ok, that’s it. Can I take him for a second? | 行了 我可以跟他谈谈吗 |
[13:57] | – Keep him. – Come on. | -带他走 -来吧 |
[14:02] | I don’t care how mad you are. | 我不管你有多么疯 |
[14:04] | If you want to avoid jail, you’d better care. | 如果你不想进监狱 你最好听我说 |
[14:07] | Now, right now, that jury isn’t laughing. | 到现在 陪审团并不觉得好笑 |
[14:09] | They don’t like you. | 他们不喜欢你 |
[14:11] | You have one chance to make them like you… | 你有一次机会让他们喜欢你 |
[14:13] | …and if you screw that up, it’s prison. | 如果你搞砸了 你就等着坐牢吧 |
[14:17] | Uncle Ty, are you listening to me? | Ty叔叔 你听清楚我的话没有 |
[14:21] | Prison. | 坐牢 |
[14:25] | I hear you. | 我听到了 |
[14:27] | I have a hard time asking people to feel sorry for me, | 我不喜欢去博取别人的同情 |
[14:30] | Bec, you know that. | Bec 你知道的 |
[14:34] | And I got a particular hard time | 要我在这件事情上祈求别人的怜悯 |
[14:36] | begging mercy on this. | 更是办不到 |
[14:40] | They let my place burn. | 他们放任我的房子被烧掉 |
[14:45] | I know. | 我知道 |
[14:50] | Who else would know about this affair? | 还有谁知道你的婚外情 |
[14:52] | Presumably nobody. Cindy was discreet. | 应该没有人知道了 Cindy很谨慎 |
[14:56] | Oh, I suppose it’s conceivable she told somebody. | 哦 我估计她肯定告诉过别人 |
[14:59] | There’s an ex-husband with psychological problems. | 他有个前夫 心理有点问题 |
[15:02] | If she had told him… | 如果Cindy告诉了他… |
[15:04] | Could he have killed her? | 有没有可能是他杀的 |
[15:05] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[15:10] | Have the police made any contact? | 警方有没有跟你们联系 |
[15:12] | No, no. I thought I should go and see them. | 没有 我觉得我应该主动去找他们 |
[15:17] | That’s when I decided to see Jacob. | 所以我先去问Jacob的意见 |
[15:19] | Yeah. And I’m not sure that’s a good idea. | 嗯 我拿不准这样做好不好 |
[15:21] | When’s the last time you saw her? Cindy. | 你最后一次见到Cindy是什么时候 |
[15:24] | About a week ago. | 大概一个星期之前 |
[15:26] | Where? | 在哪里 |
[15:27] | At her apartment. | 在她住的公寓 |
[15:28] | That was the pretty much the usual venue for our relationship. | 我们基本上都在那里相会 |
[15:31] | Look, I’m sure his fingerprints are there, | 我相信那里肯定有他的指纹 |
[15:34] | and since he’s a hospital employee… | 而且因为他是医生 |
[15:36] | …the prints are definitely on record. | 警方肯定有他的指纹存档 |
[15:38] | The question is: Do we wait for the police to seek us out… | 问题只是 我们是等警方找上门来 |
[15:41] | …or do we, in the spirit of nothing to hide, come forward? | 还是本着清者自清的态度主动去找他们 |
[15:44] | The nothing-to-hide spirit doesn’t get you much.but… | 清者自清的态度帮不了你 不过… |
[15:47] | Look, I gotta discuss this with the members of my firm. | 我需要跟事务所的其他律师商量一下 |
[15:50] | I gotta deal with the conflicts. | 还要解决利益冲突 |
[15:52] | Okay, but we need a quick decision. | 好的 不过我们需要你尽快决定 |
[15:56] | I understand. | 我知道 |
[15:59] | When I called 911, it was just smoke. | 我打火警电话的时候 还只是在冒烟 |
[16:03] | Three quarters of a mile… | 四分之三英里 |
[16:04] | …that’s the distance between my apartment and that firehouse. | 我的住处到消防局的距离 |
[16:08] | And the time you called? | 你打电话的时间是在? |
[16:10] | Between 7:20 and 7:30. | 7:20到7:30之间 |
[16:13] | And you’re sure of this? | 你确定? |
[16:14] | I’m positive. I first smelled the smoke… | 非常确定 我最先闻到烟味的时候 |
[16:16] | …during Final Jeopardy. | 正在播《终极冒险》 |
[16:18] | Final Jeopardy? | 终极冒险? |
[16:19] | One of those celebrity shows they have during the sweeps. | 是在测试收视率的时候播放的名人秀节目 |
[16:22] | Mr. Emerson, | Emerson先生 |
[16:23] | what time did the fire department arrive at your house? | 消防队是什么时候到你家的 |
[16:26] | Not till almost 8:15. | 差不多八点一刻了 |
[16:28] | By then the whole place was ablaze. | 那时候整间房子都被火吞没了 |
[16:30] | They didn’t come. | 他们不来灭火 |
[16:32] | – Objection! – They didn’t come! | -反对 -他们没有来灭火 |
[16:33] | They let my place burn | 他们放任我的家被烧掉 |
[16:34] | because they didn’t like my neighborhood. | 因为他们不喜欢我们那个社区 |
[16:36] | – Objection! – Sustained. | -反对 -反对有效 |
[16:38] | Mr. Young, please control your client. | Young先生 请控制当事人的情绪 |
[16:42] | Mr. Emerson, control yourself. | Emerson先生 控制你自己的情绪 |
[16:51] | I’ll let you give the performance. | 我让你来演这出戏 |
[16:53] | Oh, yeah, I’m good at this. | 哦 好 我最擅长了 |
[16:58] | – Mrs. Winslow? – Yes? | -Winslow太太? -是我 |
[17:00] | My name’s Helen Gamble, I’m from the district attorney’s office. | 我是Helen Gamble 我是地区检察官 |
[17:03] | – This is Detective Michael McKrew. – Ma’am. | -这位是Michael McKrew警官 -你好 |
[17:06] | What’s wrong? | 出什么事了 |
[17:07] | Nothing, I think. | 没什么大事 |
[17:09] | We’re terribly sorry for bothering you. | 我们非常抱歉打扰你 |
[17:11] | May we come in, please? | 我们可以进来说话吗 |
[17:12] | This will just take a second. | 我们只占用几分钟 |
[17:14] | We don’t need to. It’s embarrassing, really. | 不用进去了 其实会有一点尴尬 |
[17:16] | But there was a murder the other night in Boston. | 前几天在波士顿发生了一起谋杀案 |
[17:19] | And it’s reported to be the work of a serial killer. | 有报道说是连环杀手作案 |
[17:21] | I read about it. | 我看到了 |
[17:22] | Yes, well… | 呃 是这样的… |
[17:24] | You’re not gonna believe this… | 你可能觉得难以置信 |
[17:25] | …but somebody has identified you | 但是有人说看到过你 |
[17:27] | as leaving the building of the victim. | 离开受害者的住处 |
[17:31] | What? | 什么 |
[17:32] | We’re just checking it out, that’s all. | 我们只是来核实一下 仅此而已 |
[17:34] | She came in with this paper, | 她带着这张报纸来找到我们 |
[17:36] | pointing at you, saying she saw you that night. | 指着你的照片说 她那天晚上看到你了 |
[17:39] | That’s ridiculous. I didn’t even leave my house Tuesday. | 胡说八道 星期二那天我连家门都没出 |
[17:42] | Well, we didn’t put much stock in it. | 我们也觉得她的说法不太可信 |
[17:44] | It’s just, somebody else saw a custard-blue Mercedes… | 只不过 还有其他人在附近看到过 |
[17:47] | …driving in the vicinity, and the coincidence… | 一辆蓝色奔驰车 这个巧合… |
[17:50] | That’s my husband’s. | 那是我丈夫的车 |
[17:51] | He’s a doctor, he works at Mass General. | 他是医生 在麻省总医院工作 |
[17:54] | He was probably on his way to the hospital. | 他可能在去医院的路上 |
[17:55] | Right. Which is just off Storrow Drive, sure. | 那就对了 医院就在Storrow路上 |
[17:59] | He went in that night? | 他那天晚上去医院了? |
[18:00] | Yes, yes. | 是的 是的 |
[18:01] | Great, that explains it. | 很好 这样就清楚了 |
[18:02] | We’re terribly sorry for bothering you. | 我们非常抱歉打扰你 |
[18:06] | You know, do you remember… | 另外 你记不记得 |
[18:08] | …about the time your husband left, | 你丈夫什么时候离开 |
[18:09] | and the time he came back? | 又是什么时候回来的 |
[18:11] | If we can establish that it was his car, | 如果能确定那个人看到的是你丈夫的车 |
[18:13] | we can rule out this blue-car business. | 那这个蓝色奔驰车我们就可以不管了 |
[18:15] | A call came in around 10. | 他大概十点钟接到电话 |
[18:17] | He was home by 1. | 回来的时候是一点钟 |
[18:20] | Great, thanks. And again, we’re very sorry for disturbing you. | 很好 谢谢 再次抱歉打扰了你 |
[18:27] | Lieutenant Colombo, you missed your calling. | 大侦探 你果然出手不凡 |
[18:30] | Okay, we got him in the area around the time. | 我们证实了案发时他在现场那一带 |
[18:32] | by the way, | 顺便说一句 |
[18:33] | if we’d gone in that house | 如果我们在没有取得搜查令的情况下 |
[18:33] | as police agents without a warrant… | 以警员的身份进了他的家… |
[18:34] | I didn’t think about that. | 我当时没想到这一点 |
[18:37] | All right. She’s probably calling him as we speak. | 她现在可能正在给她丈夫打电话 |
[18:39] | We’d better move. | 我们马上行动 |
[18:40] | Let’s go, boys. | 开始行动 兄弟们 |
[18:41] | Ten-four. All units move in. | 收到 所有小组马上行动 |
[18:55] | Cellar to attic. | 从地下室到阁楼 |
[18:56] | Take all day if you need it. | 哪怕要一整天也要搜个遍 |
[18:58] | Got it. | 明白 |
[19:04] | I think we got him, Mike. | 我觉得我们搞定他了 Mike |
[19:07] | Gotta make him take the plea. | 我们要让他接受辩诉交易 |
[19:09] | – He won’t. – Talk to him. | -他不愿意 -说服他 |
[19:10] | – Drive some sense to him. – He doesn’t wanna take the guilty. | -让他理智一点 -他不愿意认罪 |
[19:12] | Why can’t you just do this, Eugene? | 你为什么不愿意给他辩护 Eugene? |
[19:15] | He practically raised me. | 我可以说是他养大的 |
[19:20] | He was always there for me, and he… | 他总是支持我 而且他… |
[19:24] | That man, more than anybody else taught me | 这个人 正是他教我不能逆来顺受 |
[19:27] | how not to sit back and take it. Not from anybody. | 不管对方是什么人 |
[19:31] | Right now, he needs me. | 现在 他需要我 |
[19:33] | He needs you to help him not to have to sit back and take it. | 他需要你的帮助 让他能够不逆来顺受 |
[19:36] | Now, all that scum we help every day, | 我们每天都在帮那些人渣 |
[19:38] | why can’t we just help him? | 为什么我们就不能帮他呢 |
[19:41] | Come on, guys. We got some business to discuss. | 伙计们 我有事情要跟大家商量 |
[19:46] | We will. | 我们要帮他 |
[19:55] | Listen up. | 是这样的 |
[19:57] | An opportunity has presented itself. | 有个机会送上门来了 |
[19:59] | This Cindy Marks murder. | 这个Cindy Marks谋杀案 |
[20:00] | A potential suspect has come to us for representation. | 有个可能的嫌犯来找我们给他辩护 |
[20:03] | And it would mean a lot of money | 如果我们接下这个案子 |
[20:05] | if we took it. | 会有一大笔律师费 |
[20:05] | Against Helen? | 跟Helen打对手? |
[20:07] | Well, that’s the conflict. | 是 存在利益冲突 |
[20:08] | My gut says turn it down, | 我的直觉是不接 |
[20:10] | but when I say a lot of money… | 不过我说的一大笔律师费 |
[20:12] | …this guy is prepared to plunk down a 1-million-dollar retainer. | 这个人愿意付100万的律师费 |
[20:22] | Bobby, is this even a question? | Bobby 这个事情还需要考虑吗 |
[20:24] | Not everything’s about money, Ellenor. | 不光是钱的问题 Ellenor |
[20:25] | If this is such a big conflict, let Helen get off. | 如果利益冲突太大 让Helen退出好了 |
[20:28] | It’s not gonna cost her a million dollars. | 她又不会损失100万 |
[20:29] | Bobby, we’ve had big trials… | Bobby 先不说律师费 |
[20:31] | …but this will be a splash. | 我们以前也做过大案子 |
[20:32] | Aside from the money… | 但这个案子会成为万众瞩目的焦点 |
[20:33] | Which we need | 何况我们确实需要钱 |
[20:34] | since Linsday dumped drug clients. | 因为Lindsay不再做毒品案子 |
[20:36] | – Hey. – I’m just saying. | -嘿 -我是就事论事 |
[20:37] | This is a huge profile thing. | 这是成名的机会 |
[20:39] | You’ll be like Johnnie Cochran East. | 你会像Johnnie Cochran East一样出名 |
[20:41] | Who wants to be that? | 谁想像他那样 |
[20:43] | – Did he do it? – Says he didn’t. | -人是不是他杀的 -他说不是 |
[20:44] | Then we have to take it. | 那我们就必须接了 |
[20:46] | We can’t let an innocent man go to jail. | 我们不能让无辜的人进监狱 |
[20:47] | We don’t even let our guilty ones go there. | 我们都不让有罪的当事人进监狱 |
[20:55] | Take it. | 接 |
[20:56] | Take it. | 接 |
[20:57] | Take it. | 接 |
[21:03] | Take it. | 接 |
[21:06] | Donnell & Associates. | Donnell律师事务所 |
[21:09] | Please hold. Bobby? | 请等一会 Bobby |
[21:12] | Bobby Donnell Bobby Donnell. | |
[21:15] | Okay. Any arrest? | 人被逮捕了没有 |
[21:18] | Okay, we’d better meet. | 好 我们需要见个面 |
[21:21] | They’re searching his house. | 他们在搜查他的房子 |
[21:23] | Prints, hairs, fibers. | 指纹 头发 纤维 |
[21:25] | Preliminary DNA will be done tomorrow. | DNA的初步检查明天可以做 |
[21:28] | And some good news. | 还有好消息 |
[21:29] | Tell me. | 快说 |
[21:30] | She scratched the guy. | 她抓伤了凶手 |
[21:32] | We found skin under her nails. | 我们在她指甲下发现了皮肤 |
[21:34] | DNA on that will tell us if it’s Winslow or not. | DNA检查可以确定那个人是不是Winslow |
[21:37] | What did you learn on the ex-husband? | 死者的前夫那边有什么进展 |
[21:39] | He works at a restaurant. | 他在餐馆工作 |
[21:41] | He got off at 11, so he is a possible. | 那天11点下的班 所以他也有嫌疑 |
[21:43] | We can’t arrest yet. | 现在还不能逮捕 |
[21:44] | We need to wait for the lab. | 我们要等检验结果出来 |
[21:47] | Helen? Hey, Mike. | Helen 你好 Mike |
[21:51] | Bobby Bobby. | |
[21:55] | Could I talk to you for a second? | 可以跟你说句话吗 |
[21:57] | Sure. We’re done. | 当然 我这边的事情完了 |
[21:58] | I’ll be talking to you. | 我晚点跟你联系 |
[22:03] | -Bobby -Mike – Bobby. – Mike. | |
[22:08] | I know what that’s about. | 我知道他不爽我 |
[22:09] | We’re getting close. I think we could make an arrest. | 我们有进展了 我觉得可以实施逮捕了 |
[22:12] | Helen, do not talk to me about the Marks murder. | Helen 你不能跟我谈Marks的案子 |
[22:15] | Why? | 为什么 |
[22:16] | I can’t tell you that. I’m just saying… | 我不能告诉你 我只能说… |
[22:20] | …I could be involved, | 我可能跟案件有关联 |
[22:21] | and we don’t need another Isikoff thing. | 我们不希望再重复一次Isikoff的事情 |
[22:24] | What do you mean you could be involved? | 什么叫做你可能跟案件有关联 |
[22:26] | That’s all I’m saying. | 我只能告诉你这么多 |
[22:28] | You represent the doctor? | 你要给那个医生辩护? |
[22:30] | I’m not saying anything… | 我不能说得太多 |
[22:31] | …except no talking on this. | 只能告诉你 我们不能谈这个案子 |
[22:34] | Other than that, dinner tonight? | 其他的 晚上一起吃饭? |
[22:39] | Sure. | 没问题 |
[22:56] | DNA all points to him. | DNA检验全都指向他 |
[22:58] | Skin under her nails? | 指甲下的皮肤呢? |
[22:59] | That takes longer. | 那个结果要慢一些 |
[23:00] | But I’ve got an eyewitness who ID’d his picture. | 不过我有证人认出了他的照片 |
[23:02] | Says she saw him there that night. | 说她那天晚上看到他在那里 |
[23:03] | Helen, I’m ready to move. | Helen 我们可以行动了 |
[23:06] | He won’t come in for questioning? | 他不愿意来接受询问? |
[23:07] | Your boyfriend won’t let him. | 你男朋友不让他来 |
[23:09] | – Then go. Make the arrest. – Right. | -那好吧 逮捕他 -是 |
[23:15] | All right. Back door. | 可以 从后门走 |
[23:16] | We won’t go through the front. Okay. | 他不想走前门 好的 |
[23:21] | They’re coming to arrest. | 他们要来逮捕你 |
[23:23] | They’ll back-door us | 如果我们自首 |
[23:24] | at the precinct if we surrender. | 他们同意把你从后门带到警局 |
[23:26] | This is crazy. | 这太荒唐了 |
[23:29] | – I wasn’t there. I didn’t… – All right, all right. | -我根本不在现场 我没有… -行了 行了 |
[23:31] | Let’s just stay as calm as we can. | 尽量保持镇静 |
[23:33] | – This is a mistake, Jeffrey. – What? | -这是场误会 Jeffrey -什么 |
[23:36] | That’s what we wear on our face. A mistake. | 你要做出这样的表情 一场误会 |
[23:39] | It’ll get fixed. | 你会没事的 |
[23:44] | I gotta go home. | 我要回家 |
[23:46] | I’ve gotta tell my wife. If she… | 我要告诉我妻子 如果她… |
[23:47] | I agreed to surrender you here. | 我跟他们说你在这里自首 |
[23:49] | I can’t believe this is happening. | 我简直不相信这一切都是真的 |
[23:50] | Jeffrey Jeffrey. | |
[23:52] | Jeffrey Jeffrey… | |
[23:54] | …I need to know exactly the last time | 我需要知道你上次到她的住处 |
[23:58] | you were in that apartment. | 具体是在哪一天 |
[24:06] | That would be last Wednesday. | 上个星期三 |
[24:10] | Call your wife. | 给你妻子打电话 |
[24:13] | Both calls came in around the same time. | 两通电话差不多同时打进来的 |
[24:15] | Captain, your records show that | 队长 你们的接警记录显示 |
[24:17] | the call from my client’s home… | 我的当事人的报警电话 |
[24:19] | …came six minutes sooner. | 要早六分钟 |
[24:20] | That’s around the same time, counsel. | 这就是差不多同时 律师 |
[24:22] | Your Honor, this is so irrelevant. | 法官阁下 这跟本案完全没有关联 |
[24:24] | Which fire the trucks went to | 消防队去灭哪一处火灾 |
[24:25] | has nothing to do with tax evasion. | 跟逃税完全没有关系 |
[24:27] | Common-law civil disobedience, | 普通法上的公民不服从 |
[24:29] | that’s our defense. | 这是我们的辩护理由 |
[24:29] | The cause of my client’s outrage is relevant. | 导致我的当事人愤怒的原因跟本案有关联 |
[24:32] | Speed it up. | 加快速度 |
[24:33] | Why’d you go to the other fire first? | 你们为什么先去灭另外一处火灾 |
[24:36] | It was a judgment call. | 我们有权自行决定 |
[24:37] | Judgment call. | 自行决定 |
[24:38] | Did it have anything to do with the other fire | 是不是因为另一处火灾 |
[24:40] | being in an more affluent neighborhood than my client’s? | 发生在一个更富裕的社区 |
[24:43] | That is ridiculous. | 胡说八道 |
[24:44] | So, it was just a coincidence | 这么说 |
[24:45] | that you chose to respond to the fire… | 你们选择先去那个富有的小区 |
[24:47] | …in the better neighborhood, right? | 只不过是个巧合 对吗 |
[24:48] | Yes. | 是的 |
[24:49] | Who made the call as to which fire to respond to? | 谁来决定先去救哪一处的火灾 |
[24:53] | – Me. – You. | -是我 -你 |
[24:56] | You ever been in my client’s neighborhood? | 你有没有去过我的当事人所在的社区 |
[24:58] | Specifically, have you ever walked down his street? | 具体点说 你有没有走过他所在的那条街道 |
[25:02] | Once. | 去过一次 |
[25:03] | Anything unusual happen? | 有什么意外情况发生吗 |
[25:06] | I was mugged. | 我被抢劫了 |
[25:09] | Another coincidence. | 又一个巧合 |
[25:11] | By the way, when you got to the other fire… | 顺便问一句 当你们赶到另外一处火警时 |
[25:14] | …was there a fire? | 真的有火灾吗 |
[25:16] | No. It was a false alarm. | 没有 是有人报假火警 |
[25:19] | – Gee, what do you know. – I object! | -哇 世事难料 -我反对 |
[25:21] | So do I. | 我也反对 |
[25:23] | – So do I. – Move to strike. | -我也反对 -请求不予记录 |
[25:28] | We ready? | 准备好了? |
[25:30] | Just give us a minute. | 再等几分钟 |
[25:33] | – Why? – He’ll be out in a second, Mike. | -为什么 -他马上就出来 Mike |
[25:35] | Bobby, that was the rental-car place. | Bobby 那边是租车停车位 |
[25:37] | The white Bronco should be out back. | 那辆白色野马车要挪走 |
[25:40] | Got you, didn’t I? | 上当了 哈哈 |
[25:41] | You guys always making a game out of it. | 你们这帮人把什么都当成游戏 |
[25:54] | I’m going with you. Arraignment is less than an hour. | 我跟你一起去 一个小时之内会安排传讯 |
[25:57] | I hope that we can get it done before the press gets wind. | 我希望能赶在媒体得到消息之前传讯完毕 |
[25:59] | Assuming no leaks. | 如果没有人泄露消息的话 |
[26:01] | Scout’s honor. | Scout专门交待过 |
[26:03] | We’re gonna have to put him in cuffs. Bobby. | 我们必须给他戴上手铐 Bobby |
[26:04] | Okay. | 行 |
[26:07] | Jeffrey Winslow Jeffrey Winslow, | |
[26:08] | you are being arrested on the charge of first-degree murder. | 你因涉嫌一级谋杀罪被逮捕 |
[26:12] | You have the right to remain silent. | 你有权保持沉默 |
[26:14] | Anything you say, | 你所说的 |
[26:14] | can and will be used against you in a court of law. | 将会作为对你不利的呈堂证供 |
[26:18] | You have the right to an attorney. | 你有权请律师 |
[26:20] | If you can’t afford an attorney, | 如果你请不起律师 |
[26:21] | one will be appointed to represent you. | 法庭将为你指定一个 |
[26:23] | You can decide at any time to exercise these rights… | 你有权随时行使这些权利 |
[26:26] | …by not answering any questions, | 有权拒绝回答任何问题 |
[26:27] | or making any statements. | 拒绝做任何供述 |
[26:32] | Yeah. | 是 |
[26:34] | The judge wants closing arguments today, so… | 法官要求今天做结案陈词 所以… |
[26:37] | Okay. Okay. | 好的 好的 |
[26:41] | They arrested him. Arraignment will be soon. | 警方逮捕了他 很快会安排传讯 |
[26:44] | Wow, and to think I could have been on that case. | 哇 我本来可以去参加那个案子 |
[26:47] | Instead I got you. | 结果却困在你这里 |
[26:50] | You wanna see wow? | 你哇什么哇 |
[26:51] | – I’ll show you wow. – All right, all right, all right. | -你想哇是不是 -行了 行了 行了 |
[26:55] | You gotta go with it, Eugene. | 你必须用那一招 Eugene |
[26:56] | Go with what? | 哪一招 |
[26:57] | United States of America. | 美国精神 |
[26:59] | Oh, last thing I’m gonna be able to do… | 哦 我能想到的最荒唐的事情 |
[27:01] | …is stand up in front of a jury, | 就是站在陪审团面前 |
[27:02] | convince them that this man’s a patriot. | 试图说服他们相信他是个爱国者 |
[27:05] | He took a pig down to the state’s revenue office… | 他领着一头猪去州财政部 |
[27:08] | …greased it up and… | 抹上油 而且… |
[27:13] | Well, finish the thought, wide man. Go ahead. | 说完啊 大律师 继续 |
[27:17] | What? | 怎么了 |
[27:21] | What? | 怎么了 |
[27:24] | You… | 你… |
[27:29] | “Case number 92034. | 案号92034 |
[27:32] | Commonwealth v. Jeffrey Winslow… | 马萨诸塞州诉Jeffrey Winslow |
[27:34] | …on the charge of murder in the first degree.” | 一级谋杀罪 |
[27:37] | Let’s try not to have too much fun. | 不要以为你们是来找乐子的 |
[27:40] | Bobby Donnell for the defendant, your honor, | Bobby Donnell为被告辩护 法官阁下 |
[27:42] | Waive reading. | 我们放弃宣读权利 |
[27:43] | The defendant enters a plea of not guilty. | 被告做无罪辩护 |
[27:44] | The commonwealth would oppose bail. | 检方反对保释 |
[27:46] | Doctor Winslow is an established surgeon | Winslow医生是一位卓有成就的外科医生 |
[27:48] | with strong roots in the community. | 有着广泛深入的社会关系 |
[27:49] | First-degree murder. | 他被控一级谋杀罪 |
[27:51] | Built on very circumstantial evidence. | 完全基于间接证据 |
[27:53] | One million bond, 500,000 cash. | 100万保释券 50万现金 |
[27:57] | Trial date to be set. | 庭审时间待定 |
[27:59] | Back into custody till he posts. | 被告收押至缴清保释金时止 |
[28:01] | Adjourned. | 休庭 |
[28:03] | Foul ball going to the wife, Helen. | 你去找他妻子的手段很下作 Helen |
[28:05] | Oh, it already starts. | 哦 这么快就开始了 |
[28:06] | Come on. Saying that she’s the suspect? | 你自己想想 说她是嫌疑犯? |
[28:08] | I’m sure during your closing | 我保证到你结案陈词的时候 |
[28:10] | you’ll be the one saying she’s a suspect. | 你自己要说她是嫌疑犯 |
[28:12] | Meaning? | 什么意思 |
[28:13] | Bobby, this doesn’t have to | Bobby 这个案子不一定 |
[28:15] | affect you and me. | 非得影响我们的关系不可 |
[28:16] | It’s a trial. | 这只是一场审判 |
[28:17] | But the only way it’s not going to affect us… | 但是不让它影响我们关系的唯一办法是 |
[28:19] | …is to admit right now and be clear about it. | 现在就承认并且说清楚 |
[28:22] | In this room, we’re enemies. | 在这个法庭上 我们是敌人 |
[28:30] | Ellenor will be focusing on forensics. | Ellenor专门跟进法医证据 |
[28:32] | I’m gonna be working with the jury consultants. | 我来负责陪审团顾问 |
[28:34] | I’ll also be doing most of the pretrial motion work. | 我同时处理大部分审前动议 |
[28:36] | Okay. | 好的 |
[28:38] | Jimmy Berluti and Eugene Young | Jimmy Berluti和Eugene Young |
[28:39] | will be supervising our private investigators. | 负责我们的私家侦探 |
[28:41] | Toward that end, you gotta start racking your brain. | 关于这方面 你要开始绞尽脑汁 |
[28:45] | Think of anybody else who might’ve had | 想出每一个可能对 |
[28:47] | bad feelings for Cindy Marks. | Cindy Marks有意的人 |
[28:48] | Did you check the ex? | 查过她的前夫了吗 |
[28:50] | We will be. Police think they can rule him out… | 接下来就查 警方认为可以排除他的嫌疑 |
[28:52] | …but we’ll be checking. | 不过我们还是会调查他 |
[28:54] | Tomorrow, I’m gonna need to speak to your wife. | 明天 我要跟你妻子谈谈 |
[28:56] | Why? | 为什么 |
[28:57] | Because I need to be sure that she’s completely onboard. | 因为我必须确定她跟你完全在一条战线上 |
[29:00] | Oh, she will be. | 哦 她会的 |
[29:03] | Dr. Winslow? | Winslow医生 |
[29:05] | I need to talk to your wife. | 我需要跟你妻子谈谈 |
[29:14] | My office wants me to stay on. | 我的部门希望我继续负责检控 |
[29:16] | I’m not asking you to withdraw. | 我不是要你退出 |
[29:17] | I mean, if we weren’t talking about this type of money, | 我的意思是 如果不是这么高额的律师费 |
[29:19] | I’d stay clear. | 我不会接 |
[29:21] | – But to the others… – I understand. | -但是对其他人来说… -我理解 |
[29:24] | Helen, nothing could be tougher… | Helen 最艰难的案子 |
[29:26] | …than the case we tried against each other before. | 莫过于我们之前互为对手的那个 |
[29:29] | That one was personal, | 那个案子牵涉了个人情感 |
[29:30] | and we survived it. | 我们都顺利地走过来了 |
[29:32] | We can survive this. | 这个案子我们也能顺利地过去 |
[29:34] | This trial is made for the tabloids. | 这个案子简直是为小报量身定做 |
[29:36] | The media will be all over us, all over it. | 媒体会围着我们转 围着案子转 |
[29:40] | Okay, so we just vow right here, right now, | 好 我们在此发誓 |
[29:43] | we leave it in the courtroom. | 与案件有关的都留在法庭上 |
[29:45] | And when we’re together at night, | 当我们晚上在一起的时候 |
[29:47] | you know what? It doesn’t exist. | 就当它根本不存在 |
[29:51] | Okay. | 好 |
[29:53] | Okay. | 好 |
[30:00] | Hello? | 你好 |
[30:03] | Yeah. | 嗯 |
[30:09] | Mike, I’m here with Bobby, | Mike 我跟Bobby在一起 |
[30:10] | so let’s talk tomorrow, okay? | 明天再说吧 好吗 |
[30:13] | But that’s great. | 好极了 |
[30:16] | Okay. Bye. | 好 再见 |
[30:21] | What? | 怎么了 |
[30:22] | Nothing. | 没事 |
[30:23] | What, nothing. That was McKrew. Come on. | 什么没事 是McKrew打来的 快说 |
[30:27] | At night the case doesn’t exist. | 一到晚上 案件就当不存在 |
[30:30] | We just made that rule. | 我们刚刚定下的规矩 |
[30:30] | Well, then, we’ll make that rule after. What? | 那 我们等会再定规矩 他说什么 |
[30:38] | – Sorry. – Oh, no. No, no, no. | -抱歉 -不 不 不 不 |
[30:41] | That’s not fair. You have to tell me. Come on. Come on. | 那不行 你必须告诉我 快说 快说 |
[30:47] | All right. Oh, all right! | 好吧 哦 好吧 |
[30:55] | Since I’m required by law to tell you in the morning… | 反正我明天一早就必须告诉你 |
[30:57] | …I might as well tell you now, | 现在告诉你也一样 |
[30:59] | but you won’t like it. | 但对你是个坏消息 |
[31:01] | What? | 是什么 |
[31:05] | DNA on the skin under her fingernails. | 她指甲下的皮肤的DNA检验结果 |
[31:08] | It’s an exact genetic match with Winslow. | 跟Winslow正好吻合 |
[31:16] | We don’t know each other too well, | 我们之间了解得不深 |
[31:18] | but something you gotta know. | 但有几件事你必须了解 |
[31:20] | Lie to me, and I am off this case. | 对我说谎 我就退出这个案子 |
[31:22] | Now, you said you weren’t there for a week… | 你说你有一个星期没到她家去了 |
[31:24] | …but they found your skin under her fingernails. | 但是他们在她的指甲下发现了你的皮肤 |
[31:27] | – I can explain it. – You can explain? | -我能够解释 -你能解释? |
[31:29] | The time to explain that was before they did the tests. | 你应该在他们做检验之前就做出解释 |
[31:32] | How in God’s name did you not think they’d pin you to this? | 你怎么会以为他们发现不了 |
[31:35] | You’re a doctor! | 你自己是个医生 |
[31:36] | I didn’t know she had skin under her nails. | 我不知道她用指甲抓了我的皮肤 |
[31:38] | Let’s get something straight. | 我们打开天窗说亮话 |
[31:39] | I need to know my hand… | 我必须了解案情 |
[31:41] | …or I can’t advise you how to play this! | 然后我才知道怎么去辩护 |
[31:42] | All right, all right. Just settle down. | 好的 好的 先平静一下 |
[31:45] | Now, I did go to her place the day of. | 她死的那天我去过她那里 |
[31:48] | We made love. But I left. | 我们做爱 然后我就离开了 |
[31:50] | It was the afternoon. | 那是下午的事情 |
[31:51] | I left, and she certainly was alive. | 我离开了 她那时候还好好的 |
[31:53] | Why didn’t you tell me you were there? | 你为什么不告诉我你去过她那里 |
[31:54] | I was scared. I was afraid to admit that I’d been there. | 我很怕 我不敢承认我去过她那里 |
[31:57] | How it would look… | 别人会怎么想… |
[31:57] | How does it look now? | 那现在别人会怎么想 |
[31:59] | You’re lying about it. | 你在这件事情上撒了谎 |
[32:00] | We made love. I left. I didn’t kill her. | 我们做爱 然后我离开 我没有杀她 |
[32:09] | If my skin was under her nails, | 如果她指甲下面有我的皮肤 |
[32:11] | it had to come from my back. | 肯定是我背上的 |
[32:13] | Sometimes, when we made love, she… | 有时候 在我们做爱的时候 她… |
[32:15] | Let me see your back. | 让我看看你的背 |
[32:19] | Now, you work for me, Mr. Donnell. | 是你在为我工作 Donnell先生 |
[32:21] | Maybe not for much longer. | 也许不会太久了 |
[32:27] | Let me see your back. | 让我看你的背 |
[32:52] | I expected to hear closing arguments, counsel. | 请双方做最后陈词 律师 |
[32:55] | I’m sorry, Your Honor. | 对不起 法官阁下 |
[32:56] | I’d just like to call Robert Schmidt from the Tax Board. | 我请求传唤税务局的Robert Schmidt |
[32:59] | It’ll just take two minutes. | 只要两分钟 |
[33:01] | All right. Mr. Schmidt, you’re still under oath. | 好吧 Schmidt 你继续作证 |
[33:09] | How do you do today? | 你今天怎么样 |
[33:11] | Sitting in court, counselor. | 出庭作证 律师 |
[33:13] | Yeah. Our tax dollars at work. | 啊 我们的税总算没白交 |
[33:15] | I’d just like to ask you a couple of questions about that pig. | 我要再问几个关于那头猪的问题 |
[33:18] | Did my client write the amount of | 我的当事人有没有在猪身上 |
[33:20] | his tax debt on the pig? | 写下他所欠的税款金额 |
[33:22] | Yes. Pay to the order of us, | 有 收款人 我们 |
[33:24] | the amount, and he signed it. | 金额 然后签了自己的名字 |
[33:27] | Putting next to his name one of those little smiley faces. | 在他名字旁边还画了个笑脸 |
[33:31] | He put all of that on the pig? | 所有这些都写在猪身上? |
[33:33] | Yeah. He even dated it. | 是的 他甚至还落了日期 |
[33:36] | Thank you. That’s all. No further questions. | 谢谢 就这些 我问完了 |
[33:38] | Your Honor, I now move for dismissal. | 法官阁下 我请求你驳回这个案件 |
[33:41] | Excuse me? | 你说什么 |
[33:43] | On what grounds? | 以什么理由 |
[33:44] | On the grounds that my client tendered a legal check | 理由是 我的当事人以合法支票 |
[33:46] | for the amount due. | 清偿了所欠的税款 |
[33:48] | What? | 什么 |
[33:49] | Well, if it’s signed, dated, executed, it’s a check. | 既然有签名 有日期 可以兑付 那就是支票 |
[33:52] | It doesn’t matter if it’s written on a pig | 虽然不是写在纸上 而是写在猪身上 |
[33:53] | instead of a piece of paper. | 但是并不影响效力 |
[33:55] | That hog was legal tender. | 那头猪是张支票 |
[33:56] | My client paid his debt. | 我的当事人已经缴纳了他的税款 |
[33:58] | We never cashed that pig. | 可是我们从来没有把猪拿去兑现 |
[34:00] | That was your mistake. Not his. | 那是你的问题 不关他的事 |
[34:07] | Your Honor… | 法官阁下 |
[34:12] | The check was legal, and so is his argument. | 支票是有效的 他的辩解理由也能成立 |
[34:17] | Case dismissed. | 案件驳回 |
[34:19] | We’re adjourned. | 休庭 |
[34:30] | Mr. Fuller, I’m James Berluti. | Fuller先生 我是James Berluti |
[34:32] | Could we talk? | 可以谈谈吗 |
[34:34] | I already talked to the police. | 我已经跟警方谈过了 |
[34:36] | I know. I just wanna be sure I’ve covered all the bases. | 我知道 我只是每个环节都需要核实一下 |
[34:39] | Again, my condolences. | 再说一次 请节哀顺变 |
[34:41] | Even though you were divorced, I know sometimes feelings… | 虽然你们离了婚 我知道有时候感情… |
[34:46] | My only pain | 我唯一的遗憾 |
[34:47] | is that I didn’t get a chance to see her face as she was dying. | 是没有看到她垂死前的表情 |
[34:52] | I would’ve liked that. | 我真想亲眼看看 |
[34:56] | Okay. So this wouldn’t be one of those friendly splits then. | 这么看来 你们谈不上是和平分手 |
[35:00] | No, it wouldn’t. | 没错 不是的 |
[35:07] | I don’t know that he didn’t do it, Ms. Frutt. | 我说不准是不是他杀的 Frutt小姐 |
[35:11] | It’s not as if I can sit here | 我又不能坐在这里 |
[35:13] | and claim I totally know the man, can I? | 说我完全了解他 不是吗 |
[35:16] | For the last year he’d been sleeping with somebody else. | 过去这一年 他一直在跟别人上床 |
[35:20] | Karen, I understand you’re very upset. I do. | Karen 我知道你很生气 我理解你 |
[35:22] | But you have to put your pain aside long enough | 但是你必须把你的悲伤放到一边 |
[35:25] | to make a decision. | 让自己做个决定 |
[35:27] | If you’re gonna support your husband, | 如果你要支持你的丈夫 |
[35:28] | and by that I mean help keep him from going to prison… | 我说的支持就是帮助他避免坐牢 |
[35:30] | …then there are certain things | 那么有些事情 |
[35:32] | that you have to start doing today. | 你从今天就要开始做 |
[35:34] | I know this sounds like a big P.R. Campaign… | 我知道这听上去像是一场重大的公关战役 |
[35:36] | …but there is a jury pool out there | 但是人们会看电视 会读报纸 |
[35:37] | that is watching, and they are reading. | 而陪审团将从他们当中产生 |
[35:40] | And it is certainly never too early to start trying to influence them. | 毫无疑问 越早开始影响他们 效果越好 |
[35:44] | I’ll tell you what I told my husband. I’ll see him through this trial. | 我跟我丈夫说过 我会陪他走过这场官司 |
[35:48] | After that, I don’t know. | 但在那之后 我不知道 |
[35:54] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 |
[36:03] | I’ll be wanting to meet at the end of each and every trial day. | 我们在每一天的庭审结束之后都要会面 |
[36:06] | As soon as we impanel, | 一旦我们开始挑选陪审员 |
[36:07] | we’ll be doing background checks on every juror. | 我们要调查每一个陪审员的背景情况 |
[36:10] | I’ll want your analysis there as well. | 我同时也需要你们的分析意见 |
[36:14] | We got the ex-husband. Seemed wacko. | 我们找到了死者的前夫 看起来像个疯子 |
[36:16] | We got the mother. | 我们找到了她的母亲 |
[36:17] | The mother? | 母亲? |
[36:18] | The daughter had some money. | 死者有一点钱 如果她死亡时没有留下遗嘱 |
[36:19] | The mother would get it if she dies intestate. | 她的母亲可以得到这笔钱 |
[36:21] | She’s also a member of the Prozac club. | 她还在服用百忧解 【一种抗抑郁药物】 |
[36:23] | It’s a red herring, nothing else. | 只是用来转移注意力 没别的 |
[36:25] | And we still got the Poet. | 我们仍然可以推给”诗人杀手” |
[36:26] | Nothing for sure it ain’t him. | 没有证据可以明确排除他 |
[36:30] | The results, as expected, | 如我们所料 检验结果证实 |
[36:31] | – tie these… – Bobby! | -这些样本 -Bobby |
[36:33] | -samples to Jeffrey Winslow. – What? | -来自Jeffrey Winslow -怎么了 |
[36:35] | – She’s on TV. – What? | -她上电视了 -什么 |
[36:37] | His skin under her nails. | 死者的指甲下有他的皮肤 |
[36:37] | The DNA evidence is pretty conclusive. | DNA证据相当明确 |
[36:40] | The good news is we have this guy. | 好消息是我们已经抓到了凶手 |
[36:42] | The bad news is, the Poet is still out there. | 坏消息是 “诗人杀手”仍然逍遥法外 |
[36:45] | Of course my office will continue to… | 当然 我们部门会继续… |
[36:45] | Let’s get down there and draft a protective order. | 我们马上过去 起草一份保护令 |
[36:48] | We can write it on the way. | 可以在路上写 |
[36:49] | I can’t believe she did that. | 她怎么能这么干 |
[36:51] | It was a blatant attempt to contaminate the jury pool. | 这是公然地试图干扰潜在的陪审团 |
[36:54] | There’s no gag order. A reporter asked me a question… | 法庭没有发布禁止令 有记者向我提问 |
[36:56] | That is crap, Helen. | 那是胡扯 Helen |
[36:57] | She’s taking a circumstantial case… | 她在把这个只有间接证据的案子… |
[36:59] | You don’t know the half of my case. | 你根本不知道我们有些什么证据 |
[37:01] | – but there is some… – and trying to trump it up with… | -但是… -试图通过造假… |
[37:03] | Hey, that’ll do. | 嘿 够了 |
[37:05] | This case is gonna be enough of an event, | 这个案子本来就已经够轰动的了 |
[37:07] | without you two trying to thicken the plot. | 你们两个还要再给它加点料吗 |
[37:10] | I’ll make this simple. | 长话短说 |
[37:11] | Effective as of right now, no talking to the media. | 从现在开始 谁都不准接受媒体采访 |
[37:16] | That’s that. Anything else? | 就这样 还有问题吗 |
[37:18] | Yes, your honor, we’d like to view the scene. | 有 法官阁下 我们要看现场 |
[37:20] | Still a crime scene. The investigation… | 现在还是犯罪现场 调查还在… |
[37:22] | The investigation was complete enough for you to go on TV… | 调查已经做完了 你都能上电视… |
[37:24] | That’s got nothing to do with whether you have a right to go in there… | 那跟你是否有权利看现场没有关系 |
[37:27] | …and you know that! – Quiet! | -你自己也知道 -安静 |
[37:29] | As defense counsel, we have a right to examine the scene. | 作为辩护律师 我们有权查看现场 |
[37:33] | Supervised, I’ll grant it. | 在派人监督的前提下 我批准 |
[37:34] | Now, let’s go to chambers. | 现在 到我办公室去 |
[37:38] | Just you, and you. | 就是你 还有你 |
[37:49] | Are you crazy? | 你们疯了吗 |
[37:52] | It certainly is no secret you two are sleeping together. | 人们都知道你们俩现在有恋情 |
[37:57] | Why in hell would you want to invite the media | 你们这是主动邀请媒体来把你们翻个底朝天 |
[38:01] | to pick you to pieces? | 到底怎么想的 |
[38:02] | Your Honor, I’d love to say… | 法官阁下 我倒是希望 |
[38:04] | …that my firm is financially solvent enough to decline this, | 我的事务所收入丰厚 足以拒绝这个案子 |
[38:07] | but it’s not. | 但可惜不是 |
[38:09] | What about you? | 那你呢 |
[38:11] | I don’t wanna get off. | 我不想退出 |
[38:14] | Well, I’m not gonna force either one of you off. | 好吧 我不会强迫你们哪一方退出 |
[38:18] | What I am going to do is leave you alone in this office… | 我让你们两个单独在我的办公室呆一会 |
[38:22] | …in the hope that one of you might be occasioned to see straight. | 希望你们有一个能够开开窍 |
[38:27] | Don’t eat all my candy. | 别把我的糖都吃完了 |
[38:34] | She’s right. | 她说得对 |
[38:35] | Of course she’s right. | 她当然对 |
[38:40] | But I’m not getting off. | 但我还是不会退出 |
[38:43] | Why? | 为什么 |
[38:46] | Why? Because to do so, Bobby… | 为什么 如果我这样做了 Bobby |
[38:49] | …would be to prioritize my personal life over my professional one… | 那就是把我的私人生活放在事业之上 |
[38:54] | …which is okay. | 这也没什么 |
[38:56] | But as soon as you made the decision to get on this case… | 但是当你决定接下这个案子的时候 |
[38:59] | …you made it pretty clear where you stand. | 你已经很清楚地表明你的立场 |
[39:02] | Why should I prioritize us | 既然你都不重视我们的关系 |
[39:04] | when you don’t? | 我为什么要重视 |
[39:05] | Well, I had other people to think of | 我决定接这个案子的时候 |
[39:07] | when I made that decision. | 还有其他人的利益要考虑 |
[39:09] | Yes, I know who you were thinking of, and who you weren’t. | 对 我知道你考虑了谁 没有考虑谁 |
[39:14] | So you’re angry. | 你还在生气 |
[39:15] | Maybe I am. | 也许吧 |
[39:26] | You’re not driving me off, Helen. | 我不会退出 Helen |
[39:28] | And you’re not driving me off. | 我也不会退出 |
[39:32] | The only thing that’s off, it seems, is dinner. | 看来 今天的晚餐要取消了 |
[39:42] | That the way you want it? | 你真想这样吗 |
[39:46] | Yeah. | 是 |
[39:53] | Fine. | 好 |
[39:57] | I’ll see you in court. | 我们庭上见 |
[40:54] | Bobby Bobby. | |
[40:56] | You okay? | 你没事吧 |
[40:57] | I’m gonna get some air. | 我出去透透气 |
[41:05] | Maybe you should recuse yourself. | 也许你应该退出 |
[41:07] | I know you took on this case for the firm, | 我知道你是因为事务所接下这个案子 |
[41:08] | but you and Helen, and this… | 但是你跟Helen 还有… |
[41:11] | I knew the risks. | 我知道可能会有什么后果 |
[41:15] | Maybe Winslow would stay with the firm | 或许就算你不做首席辩护 |
[41:16] | even if you weren’t first-chairing. | Winslow还是会继续委托我们事务所 |
[41:18] | Just distance yourself a little. | 跟这个案子保持点距离 |
[41:22] | Are you really ready to throw somebody | 你真的准备因为一个案子 |
[41:23] | you love away for a case? | 抛弃你所爱的人? |
[41:28] | Yes. | 是的 |
[41:35] | I got this case because somebody at a high-rise, | 我能接到这个案子 是因为某个高端 |
[41:39] | blue-chip law firm… | 顶尖律师事务所的人 |
[41:40] | …recommended me as the best. | 把我当做最好的推荐给当事人 |
[41:45] | I’ve been practicing law in that rat hole for 10 years. | 我已经在那个老鼠窝执业十年了 |
[41:50] | Looking out the window, | 从窗户看出去 |
[41:51] | seeing those lawyers look down on me. | 那些律师居高临下地看着我 |
[41:56] | And now, one of them came into my office | 如今 他们当中的一个来到我的办公室 |
[42:00] | and said I’m the best. | 说我是最好的 |
[42:05] | I like how I got this case, Lindsay. | 我很喜欢我得到这个案子的方式 Lindsay |
[42:08] | I like that I’m gonna try it in the media… | 我享受将在媒体面前辩护 |
[42:11] | …and that I’m gonna get paid a lot to do it. | 而且会因此受到一大笔律师费 |
[42:15] | And I’m gonna win it. | 而且我一定会打赢 |
[42:22] | I’m gonna win it. | 我一定会赢 |