| 时间 | 英文 | 中文 | 
|---|---|---|
| [00:00] | Never give the jury a chance to think you’re not devoted. | 绝对不要让陪审团觉得你心不在焉 | 
| [00:02] | The media the fact that the jury is sequestered doesn’t matter. | 至于媒体 陪审团并非完全与外界隔绝 | 
| [00:05] | Newspapers gets through, TV too. | 他们有机会看到报纸 也可能看到电视 | 
| [00:07] | They’ll say he came to kill her that night. | 他们会说他那天晚上是去杀她的 | 
| [00:09] | We’ll say he came to see her the day off. | 我们会说他只是下班之后去看看她 | 
| [00:11] | They’ll say he got scratched while attacking her. | 他们会说他是在袭击她的时候被抓伤的 | 
| [00:14] | We’ll say she scratched him while making love. | 我们会说她是在做爱的时候抓伤了他 | 
| [00:17] | They’ll say, where’s the semen? | 他们会说 精液在哪里 | 
| [00:18] | We’ll say, A, she took a bath. | 我们会说 她事后洗了澡 | 
| [00:20] | B, he wore a condom. | 或者他戴了安全套 | 
| [00:23] | Every red herring has to be covered. | 他们肯定会提出各种疑点来转移注意力 | 
| [00:25] | They’ll be running them up flag poles. | 我们要做好充分的应对 | 
| [00:27] | What about the shoe? | 鞋子怎么办 | 
| [00:30] | We’ll see as we go. | 我们看情形再决定 | 
| [00:32] | Hair, prints, fibers, | 头发 指纹 纤维 | 
| [00:34] | nothing we can’t explain. | 没有任何东西是我们不能解释的 | 
| [00:36] | We gotta take out the mother. | 我们必须解决被害人母亲的问题 | 
| [00:37] | Those threats come in… | 她说的那些威胁… | 
| [00:39] | Are you set on that? | 那个你开始着手了吗 | 
| [00:40] | Yes, but don’t figure to suppress. | 嗯 不过别指望能排除掉 | 
| [00:42] | And if we don’t suppress, figure the mother to testify first. | 如果不能排除 我猜他们会首先让她作证 | 
| [00:45] | They might lead with DNA. | 他们可能会先举DNA的证据 | 
| [00:47] | I’m not leading off with the DNA, | 我不准备用DNA开头 | 
| [00:49] | it’ll put the jury to sleep. | 那会让陪审团昏昏入睡的 | 
| [00:50] | -We go with the mother. -She’s ready. | -我们让母亲先出庭 -她准备好了 | 
| [00:52] | -Been over her testimony. -Go over it again. | -我跟她演练过证词了 -再演练一遍 | 
| [00:55] | How can I not testify? | 我怎么能不出庭作证呢 | 
| [00:56] | I’m not saying you won’t | 我没有说你不作证 | 
| [00:57] | but the decision doesn’t have to be immediate. | 但是用不着现在就做决定 | 
| [00:59] | If they don’t make their case | 如果他们的证据不充分 | 
| [01:00] | we don’t give them the chance to take whacks at you. | 我们就没必要让他们有机会攻击你 | 
| [01:04] | You set? | 你准备好了? | 
| [01:05] | I’m set. | 准备好了 | 
| [01:07] | Bobby Bobby. | |
| [01:10] | Almost three months, | 差不多三个月了 | 
| [01:11] | you’ve never asked me if I’m innocent. | 你从来没有问过我是不是无辜的 | 
| [01:16] | I am. | 我是 | 
| [01:18] | I am. | 我是无辜的 | 
| [01:20] | Expedited transcripts every single day. | 做好每一天的庭审笔录 | 
| [01:23] | All right. We’re ready. You ready? | 我们准备好了 你们准备好没有 | 
| [01:27] | That doctor cut off Cindy Marks’ head. | 那个医生切掉了Cindy Mark的头 | 
| [01:29] | Now, we go after his. | 现在他要担心自己的头了 | 
| [02:19] | You’re the same reporter who’s been calling. | 你是那个一直打电话来的记者 | 
| [02:22] | You don’t think I know your voice? | 你以为我听不出来你的声音么 | 
| [02:24] | Do you recognize my click? | 你听不出来我是同一个人么 | 
| [02:26] | Some of the expected juice has dripped away, Janet. | Janet 大家原本很期待的花边新闻没有出现 | 
| [02:29] | It seems DA Gamble and defense attorney Donnell | 似乎地区检察官Gamble和辩方律师Donnell | 
| [02:32] | are no longer romantic partners. | 已经不再是情侣了 | 
| [02:34] | Sources say other than trial correspondence | 消息人士透露 除了案件上的公事往来 | 
| [02:37] | communication has been sparse between them. | 他们几乎没有任何交流 | 
| [02:40] | Figure the dialogue to heat up this morning though. | 不过估计今天上午的辩论会比较激烈 | 
| [02:42] | The subject of the pretrial? | 预审的主题是什么呢 | 
| [02:44] | Whether or not Lorraine Marks gets to testify | Lorraine Marks是否可以出庭 | 
| [02:47] | about the threats Dr. Winslow made to her daughter. | 就Winslow医生对她女儿的威胁作证 | 
| [02:50] | It isn’t just hearsay, it’s totem pole. | 这不仅仅是传闻证据 这完全是恶意描述 | 
| [02:52] | It would be reversible error to allow it. | 允许她作证将是不可挽回的错误 | 
| [02:54] | These statements would clearly be exempted from the hearsay rule. | 传闻证据法则明显不适用于她的证词 | 
| [02:57] | Clear to who? | 怎么个明显法 | 
| [02:59] | Cindy Marks was in an excited state | 说这些话的时候 | 
| [03:01] | when she said these things. | Cindy Marks处于很激动的状态 | 
| [03:02] | We’re not dealing with Cindy Marks’ statements | 我们讨论的不是Cindy Marks所说的话 | 
| [03:05] | but supposed statements made | 而是所谓的我的当事人 | 
| [03:06] | by my client to Cindy Marks. | 对Cindy Marks说的话 | 
| [03:08] | I don’t care how excited she was | 我不管她跟她妈妈 | 
| [03:09] | when she was talking to her mother. | 说话的时候有多激动 | 
| [03:11] | She was passing things on that he said to her, | 她是在转述我的当事人对她说的话 | 
| [03:13] | that’s hearsay too. | 这也是传闻 | 
| [03:15] | His statements would be declarations against interest. | 这属于违背自己利益的陈述 【即不适用传闻证据排除规则】 | 
| [03:18] | Come on Helen, I know you went to law school. | 拜托 Helen 我知道你上过法学院 | 
| [03:19] | I was there. | 我跟你一起上的 | 
| [03:19] | I object to that. | 我表示反对 | 
| [03:20] | All right, I’ve heard enough. | 好了 我听清楚了 | 
| [03:23] | The testimony of Mrs. Marks is admissible. | Marks太太可以作证 | 
| [03:26] | Opening statements after lunch. | 午后做开场陈词 | 
| [03:28] | Adjourned. | 休庭 | 
| [03:33] | An extremely big win for the prosecution, Jim. | 这是控方的一大胜利 Jim | 
| [03:36] | Absolutely. The victim’s mother establishes motive. | 绝对是 被害人的母亲能证明杀人动机 | 
| [03:39] | The prosecution can easily prove the affair, that’s not a problem. | 控方很容易证明婚外情 这点不成问题 | 
| [03:42] | But motive to kill? The threats to kill? | 但是杀人动机呢 威胁说要杀她? | 
| [03:45] | That all comes from Lorraine Marks. | 这都要由Lorraine Marks来证明 | 
| [03:47] | And she could be very tough for the defense to crack. | 对辩方来说 她可非常不容易对付 | 
| [03:50] | I apologize | 我很抱歉 | 
| [03:53] | not just because we’re asking you to take time out | 不只是因为我们占用了你的时间 | 
| [03:56] | from your families and your lives | 占用了你与家人共处的时间 | 
| [03:58] | but because we’re asking you to focus… | 更因为我们需要你来审视 | 
| [04:01] | on the very worst human nature has to offer. | 人性中最丑恶的一面 | 
| [04:04] | Murder. | 谋杀 | 
| [04:06] | This was a gruesome sickening crime. | 这是一桩残忍的 病态的罪行 | 
| [04:08] | He cut off her head. | 他切下了她的脑袋 | 
| [04:10] | He chopped off her hands. | 他砍掉了她的双手 | 
| [04:13] | And as we go through the facts of this case, | 当我们审视这个案件的有关事实 | 
| [04:16] | it will be difficult. | 我们会觉得难以面对 | 
| [04:17] | It will be painful. | 我们会感到痛苦 | 
| [04:21] | Painful to face a reality that sometimes | 因为我们将面对这样的现实 | 
| [04:24] | underneath coats and ties | 有时候 看起来西装革履 | 
| [04:27] | and well-groomed appearances | 仪表堂堂的一个人 | 
| [04:31] | there lie murderers. | 其实是个杀人犯 | 
| [04:34] | There lies one here. | 这里就有这样一个杀人犯 | 
| [04:38] | Yes, there was sex and love and passion. | 没错 这当中穿插着性 爱 以及激情 | 
| [04:43] | Jeffrey Winslow was having an affair with the victim. | Jeffrey Winslow和被害人发生了婚外情 | 
| [04:47] | Listen to the prosecution’s case closely. | 仔细聆听控方的案情陈述 | 
| [04:50] | All it will prove | 那些陈述只能证明一件事 | 
| [04:51] | is what I just told you. | 就是我刚刚告诉你们的 | 
| [04:53] | My client had an affair with Cindy Marks. | 我的当事人和Cindy Marks发生了婚外情 | 
| [04:57] | That’s all they’ve got. | 这是控方所能证明的全部事实 | 
| [04:59] | Because that’s all there is. | 因为这的确就是事实的全部 | 
| [05:03] | Yes, somebody did kill her. | 没错 是有人杀害了她 | 
| [05:08] | But it wasn’t Jeffrey Winslow. | 但那个人不是Jeffrey Winslow. | 
| [05:15] | So this telephone conversation took place when, ma’am? | 这段电话交谈发生在什么时候 太太 | 
| [05:18] | Three days before she was killed. | 她被杀害前三天 | 
| [05:20] | She called you? | 她打给你的? | 
| [05:21] | No, I called her. | 不 我打给她的 | 
| [05:24] | And I saw that she was very upset. | 我听得出来她很烦躁 | 
| [05:26] | Did she tell you why she was upset? | 她有没有告诉你她为什么烦躁 | 
| [05:28] | She didn’t want to discuss it. | 她不想谈这个话题 | 
| [05:30] | Cindy and I never really communicated much on her private life | Cindy其实很少跟我谈起她的私生活 | 
| [05:34] | since I usually disapproved of it. | 因为我通常不赞同她的生活方式 | 
| [05:36] | So she never told you the cause of her being upset? | 所以她没告诉你她为什么烦躁? | 
| [05:40] | Eventually, she did. | 最后 她还是告诉我了 | 
| [05:42] | When I pressed her on it she told me. | 在我的追问下 她告诉了我 | 
| [05:45] | She said her relationship with Dr. Winslow was becoming ugly. | 她说她跟Winslow医生闹僵了 | 
| [05:49] | Volatile. She said she wanted to make public their involvement. | 重大变故 她说她想公开他们的关系 | 
| [05:54] | And he threatened her. | 可是他威胁她 | 
| [05:55] | He said if she tried to expose the affair | 他说如果她企图公开这段外遇 | 
| [05:58] | that he would stop her. | 他一定会阻止她 | 
| [05:59] | Did she say anything else,Mrs. Marks? | 她有没有说其他的 Marks太太 | 
| [06:02] | Yes. She said she was scared that he might hurt her. | 有 她说很怕Winslow医生会伤害她 | 
| [06:07] | Thank you, Mrs. Marks. | 谢谢你 Marks太太 | 
| [06:10] | You said she never liked to | 你说她从来都不喜欢 | 
| [06:12] | discuss her private life with you. | 和你谈论她的私生活 | 
| [06:14] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [06:15] | Might she go so far as to conceal her personal life from you? | 她会不会向你隐瞒她的私生活呢 | 
| [06:19] | She might. | 有可能 | 
| [06:20] | Given that your daughter might conceal her personal life from you | 既然你女儿有可能向你隐瞒她的私生活 | 
| [06:24] | is it possible that she was also seeing somebody else | 有没有可能 除了我的当事人之外 | 
| [06:27] | in addition to my client | 她还在跟其他人约会 | 
| [06:28] | and she would try to conceal that? | 而且也不想让你知道? | 
| [06:30] | I suppose it’s possible. | 我觉得有这个可能 | 
| [06:35] | You see that man sitting there? | 你看到坐在那边的那个男人吗 | 
| [06:37] | Who is he? | 他是谁 | 
| [06:39] | His name is Kenneth Fuller.He’s Cindy’s ex-husband. | 他叫Kenneth Fuller 是Cindy的前夫 | 
| [06:43] | Could you describe your feelings for him? | 你能形容一下你对他的印象吗 | 
| [06:45] | -Not good. -Not good. | -印象不好 -印象不好 | 
| [06:47] | Would it be fair to say that you dislike him a lot? | 是不是可以说 你很讨厌他 | 
| [06:51] | -That would be fair. -Your daughter knew that? | -可以这么说 -你女儿知道吗 | 
| [06:53] | No uncertain terms. | 她很清楚 | 
| [06:55] | Suppose, Mrs. Marks, just suppose. | 假设 Marks太太 仅仅是假设 | 
| [06:57] | Your daughter resumed a relationship with this man. | 你女儿和这个男人恢复了关系 | 
| [07:00] | You would disapprove? | 你会反对吗 | 
| [07:01] | Strongly. | 强烈反对 | 
| [07:02] | Strongly. | 强烈反对 | 
| [07:04] | Knowing that, is it possible | Cindy也知道你会强烈反对 | 
| [07:05] | Cindy would wanna hide that fact from you? | Cindy有没有可能故意瞒着这件事 | 
| [07:07] | -Your Honor. -I don’t think… | -法官阁下 -我不觉得… | 
| [07:09] | Is it possible that Kenneth Fuller | 有没有可能 Kenneth Fuller | 
| [07:11] | was the one that was threatening her? | 才是威胁你女儿的人 | 
| [07:13] | She said it was him. | 她说的是Winslow医生 | 
| [07:15] | In her hysteria, said my client’s name… | 她在情绪失控的情况下 提到我的当事人的名字 | 
| [07:17] | She wasn’t hysterical. | 她没有情绪失控 | 
| [07:18] | -Objection! -Out of control, ranting… | -反对 -脱口而出 咆哮着… | 
| [07:20] | No. She was calm, collected | 没有 她很平静 思路清晰 | 
| [07:23] | and she very clearly said… | 她明确地说 | 
| [07:25] | that it was that man who was threatening her. | 是那个男人威胁了她 | 
| [07:28] | So she was calm and collected. | 你是说她很平静 而且思路清晰 | 
| [07:31] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [07:32] | Your honor, at this time, | 有鉴于此 | 
| [07:34] | we move to strike the hearsay testimony of the witness. | 我们申请撤销证人的传闻证言 | 
| [07:36] | The excited utterance exception no longer applies. | 不能再适用”兴奋言语例外”规则 | 
| [07:38] | Sidebar. | 请求私下商谈 | 
| [07:40] | I’m afraid not. | 不用了 | 
| [07:42] | Members of the jury, | 陪审团的成员们 | 
| [07:43] | I’ll try to make the lesson short. | 我尽量讲得简短一点 | 
| [07:46] | The fact that the victim | 如果被害人确实说了这些话 | 
| [07:48] | made these alleged statements | 她说话时的情绪 | 
| [07:50] | while calm instead of agitated | 是平静还是激动 | 
| [07:51] | makes a big legal difference. | 在法律效果上大不相同 | 
| [07:54] | Bottom line,they are no longer admissible. | 总而言之 这些证言现在不能再作为证据 | 
| [07:58] | That means,there is no evidence before you | 就是说 现在你们面前没有任何证据 | 
| [08:01] | that a relationship was turning ugly. | 可以证明他们的关系恶化 | 
| [08:04] | There is no evidence of any threats. | 没有证据证明存在任何威胁 | 
| [08:08] | As far as you’re concerned,those threats never happened. | 对你们来说 这些威胁从来没有发生过 | 
| [08:16] | Calm down, Helen. | 冷静点 Helen | 
| [08:17] | You told me she was prepped. | 你跟我说已经帮她准备过了 | 
| [08:19] | You said you went up and down with her. | 你说你帮她演练过各种情况 | 
| [08:21] | I did. He spun her. | 是的 可是他把她绕晕了 | 
| [08:22] | She’s not a rocket scientist. | 她又不是火箭科学家 | 
| [08:23] | We are the ones who look stupid. | 我们现在像一群笨蛋一样 | 
| [08:24] | The jury still heard it. | 陪审团毕竟听到了 | 
| [08:25] | Legally, it may be excluded, | 法律上 证言是被排除了 | 
| [08:27] | but the jury still heard… | 但是陪审团毕竟听到了… | 
| [08:28] | I can’t argue it in my closing argument now. | 现在我不能在结案陈词里引用她的证言了 | 
| [08:31] | There is a lot of DNA scientific crap between now | 从现在开始 到陪审团审议之前 | 
| [08:34] | and the time that jury goes to deliberate. | 会有一大堆DNA什么的科学玩意 | 
| [08:37] | And I can’t hammer those threats | 在结案陈词的时候 | 
| [08:38] | in my closing argument now, can I? | 我不能再强调她的证词了 不是吗 | 
| [08:44] | God. | 天哪 | 
| [08:45] | Mistrial? | 无效审判? | 
| [08:46] | It’s an option.The trial is a day old. | 可以考虑 开庭才第一天 | 
| [08:48] | There is a chance we could still get it. | 法官可能也会批准 | 
| [08:50] | Why would we want to do that? | 可是为什么要这么做呢 | 
| [08:52] | Because the jury did hear about the threats | 因为陪审团确实听到了关于威胁的证言 | 
| [08:53] | and it’s a tough bell to unring. | 这个印象很难抹去 | 
| [08:55] | Next jury wouldn’t hear about them. | 换一个陪审团就不会听到这些证言了 | 
| [08:56] | Why not ask for a mistrial? | 那为什么不请求宣布无效审判呢 | 
| [08:59] | Why not, because the prosecution came out stumbling. | 为什么 因为控方开局不利 | 
| [09:01] | First impressions count | 第一印象很重要 | 
| [09:02] | and their case is so circumstantial to begin with. | 而且他们现在掌握的全都是间接证据 | 
| [09:04] | I say we keep going. | 我认为我们应该继续 | 
| [09:05] | If we let them start over | 如果让他们重新开始 | 
| [09:06] | we give them time to regroup, | 实际上是给他们更多调整的时间 | 
| [09:07] | plus they could do more discovery. | 并且他们可以做更多调查 | 
| [09:10] | I’m with Lindsay. | 我同意Lindsay的意见 | 
| [09:12] | Who’s next? | 下一个证人是谁 | 
| [09:12] | Pathologist. | 病理学家 | 
| [09:13] | Mine. | 我的 | 
| [09:14] | You ready? | 你准备好了么 | 
| [09:16] | Bobby, you walk around all day asking, | Bobby 你整天见人就问 | 
| [09:17] | “Are you ready?” | “你准备好了么” | 
| [09:19] | Of course, I’m ready.We are all ready. | 我当然准备好了 我们都准备好了 | 
| [09:22] | Okay. No mistrial, we keep going. | 好的 不请求无效审判 我们继续 | 
| [09:33] | Bobby, what’s the matter? | Bobby 怎么了 | 
| [09:38] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 | 
| [09:42] | Something just doesn’t smell right. | 感觉有什么地方不对劲 | 
| [10:04] | So you made a determination | 所以你得出的结论是 | 
| [10:06] | that the killing was the work of a copycat? | 这桩凶杀案是某个模仿者干的? | 
| [10:08] | Yes, upon doing the autopsy. | 是的 基于尸检得出的结论 | 
| [10:11] | How did the autopsy tell you this? | 尸检怎么得出这样的结论呢 | 
| [10:14] | The victim was killed by trauma to the head | 尽管被伪装成死于刀刺伤 | 
| [10:16] | though it was made to look like a stabbing | 跟”诗人杀手”的作案手法一致 | 
| [10:19] | which would be consistent with the Poet. | 但被害人实际上是死于头部重击 | 
| [10:21] | Also, we found that Ms. Marks’ wounds | 并且 我们发现Marks女士的伤口 | 
| [10:23] | were more clinical. | 具有临床特征 | 
| [10:24] | What do you mean, clinical? | 你说的”临床特征”是什么意思 | 
| [10:25] | Ligaments were incised individually. | 韧带被逐个割离 | 
| [10:28] | The person who did it cut through the soft tissue. | 凶手还切开了软组织 | 
| [10:31] | Meaning what? | 意思是? | 
| [10:32] | Meaning, this likely was the work of a doctor, | 意思是 很可能出自医生之手 | 
| [10:34] | perhaps a skilled surgeon. | 也许是某个熟练的外科医生 | 
| [10:39] | Settle. | 肃静 | 
| [10:43] | Anything else, doctor? | 还有其它理由吗 医生 | 
| [10:45] | Yes, though there was evidence of intercourse | 有 尽管有性交的痕迹 | 
| [10:47] | there was no bruising to suggest rape. | 但并没有类似强奸导致的擦伤 | 
| [10:50] | And what conclusions, if any,did you draw from this? | 据此你能得出什么结论 | 
| [10:52] | That the victim consented to the intercourse. | 被害人是自愿性交的 | 
| [10:55] | I believe she knew the person who killed her. | 我认为凶手是她认识的人 | 
| [10:58] | Thank you, doctor. | 谢谢你 医生 | 
| [11:03] | Did your written report ever say | 你的书面报告有没有提到 | 
| [11:05] | this was the work of a surgeon? | 凶手是个外科医生? | 
| [11:07] | No. | 没有 | 
| [11:08] | You can’t possibly exclude | 你不能排除”诗人杀手” | 
| [11:10] | the Poet, can you? | 作案的可能性 是么 | 
| [11:11] | No, but the evidence would suggest… | 不能 但是证据显示… | 
| [11:13] | Is the Poet still at large? | “诗人杀手”是不是还没有落网 | 
| [11:15] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [11:16] | You say that Cindy died from trauma to the head. | 你说Cindy是死于头部重击 | 
| [11:19] | How exactly did you determine that? | 你具体是怎么得出这个结论的呢 | 
| [11:22] | From the skull fracture on the left temporal lobe. | 从她左侧颞叶的颅骨骨折判断的 | 
| [11:25] | The head had been cut off? | 头部被割下来了? | 
| [11:26] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [11:27] | Anybody ever drop it on the floor? | 有人曾经把头掉到地上去了吗 | 
| [11:30] | That wasn’t the fracture I’m talking about. | 那不是我所指的骨折 | 
| [11:32] | Did you ever see anybody drop Cindy’s head | 你是否看到过有人把Cindy的头 | 
| [11:34] | on the floor, doctor? | 掉在了地上 医生? | 
| [11:36] | The head inadvertently rolled off the autopsy table. | 她的头不小心滚下了解剖台 | 
| [11:40] | Hit the floor? | 掉到地上了? | 
| [11:41] | That’s not the trauma that caused her death, counsel. | 那不是造成她死亡的重击 律师 | 
| [11:45] | I see. | 我明白了 | 
| [11:46] | You say the absence of vaginal bruising | 你说没有阴道擦伤 | 
| [11:49] | suggests consensual intercourse. | 证明性交是双方自愿的 | 
| [11:51] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [11:52] | Ever known a rape to occur with | 据你所知 是否有些情况下 | 
| [11:54] | no vaginal bruising? | 强奸不一定导致阴道擦伤? | 
| [11:55] | The probabilities are that… | 但这种可能性… | 
| [11:56] | Does it ever happen, doctor? | 是否发生过这样的情况 医生? | 
| [11:58] | Rape, no bruises, can that happen? | 强奸 没有擦伤 存在这种情况吗 | 
| [12:00] | Yes. | 存在 | 
| [12:01] | So it’s entirely possible that Cindy Marks | 那么 Cindy Marks完全有可能 | 
| [12:03] | was raped and murdered | 是被一个并非医生的人 | 
| [12:04] | by a non-doctor | 强奸并杀害的 | 
| [12:05] | that’s possible, am I right? | 有这个可能性 对不对 | 
| [12:06] | Possible, but not likely in my opinion. | 有可能 但我的意见是这种可能性很小 | 
| [12:09] | Oh, yes, yes, your opinion,this suspicion of yours | 哦 对 你的意见 你怀疑 | 
| [12:12] | that a surgeon did the killing. | 凶手是外科医生 | 
| [12:14] | When exactly did you come up with this? | 你是什么时候产生这个怀疑的 | 
| [12:18] | At the autopsy. | 尸体解剖的时候 | 
| [12:19] | At the autopsy. | 尸体解剖的时候 | 
| [12:20] | And did you share it with the district attorney? | 你把这个怀疑告诉检察官了吗 | 
| [12:23] | -Yes. -When? | -是的 -什么时候 | 
| [12:24] | -Objection. Work product. -Overruled. | -反对 这是工作内容 -反对无效 | 
| [12:27] | When did you tell the DA about your suspicion | 你是什么时候告诉检察官 | 
| [12:29] | that the killer was a surgeon? | 你怀疑凶手是个外科医生? | 
| [12:31] | I told her around the time of the autopsy. | 我在做尸体解剖的时候告诉她的 | 
| [12:34] | But you didn’t write it down. | 但是你没有写进报告里? | 
| [12:35] | No. | 没有 | 
| [12:36] | Did she ask you not to write it down? | 是不是她让你不要写的 | 
| [12:37] | Objection. | 反对 | 
| [12:38] | Was this suspicion hatched between | 这个结论是不是你们两个 | 
| [12:39] | -the both of you yesterday? -Objection! | -昨天一起酝酿出来的? -反对 | 
| [12:40] | -Did you deliberately withhold this information? -Objection! | -你是不是故意隐瞒了这个信息 -反对 | 
| [12:42] | Counsel! Approach. | 律师 上来 | 
| [12:51] | She has the duty to turn over | 她有义务披露所有的 | 
| [12:52] | all inculpatory evidence. | 定罪证据 | 
| [12:53] | I did. | 我披露了 | 
| [12:54] | Testimony that it was the work of a surgeon. | 关于凶手是外科医生的证言 | 
| [12:56] | A tasty tidbit to leave out, Helen. | 真是值得珍藏的宝贝 Helen | 
| [12:57] | You knew this witness is going to be saying “copycat.” | 你知道这个证人会说是”模仿者” | 
| [12:59] | We didn’t know he was going to be saying “surgeon.” | 我们不知道他会说”外科医生” | 
| [13:01] | All right. | 够了 | 
| [13:02] | That testimony should be stricken. | 那段证词应该撤销 | 
| [13:03] | I said, all right. | 我说 够了 | 
| [13:04] | It’s unfair surprise. | 这是不当突袭 | 
| [13:05] | If we would have known… | 如果我们预先知道的话… | 
| [13:06] | Counsel, this is my courtroom. | 律师 这是我的法庭 | 
| [13:11] | I don’t like it but I’m not striking it. | 我不喜欢检方的做法 但是我不准备撤销 | 
| [13:15] | -Your Honor… -I’ve made my ruling. Step back. | -法官阁下 -我已经做出裁定了 退下 | 
| [13:21] | You did great. You chipped him down. | 你发挥很好 削弱了他的可信度 | 
| [13:22] | Will you get the hell out of my face? | 你能从我面前闪开么 | 
| [13:25] | Ms. Frutt, what you think? | Frutt女士 你有什么看法 | 
| [13:26] | Hey, nice spring job, Helen. | 嘿 你们的突袭很漂亮 Helen | 
| [13:28] | Don’t you ever accuse me of hatching evidence. | 千万别指责我制造证据 | 
| [13:31] | Oh, come on, you sat on it and you know it. | 拜托 你自己做过什么 你心知肚明 | 
| [13:33] | -Did I fall short from your ethical bar? -Save it. | -难道你的道德标准比我高些吗 -省省吧 | 
| [13:36] | Hey, hey! We were here first. | 嘿 嘿 我们先来的 | 
| [13:37] | Mr Donnell, do you have any comments? | Donnell先生 你有什么要说的吗 | 
| [13:39] | No comment. No comment. | 无可奉告 无可奉告 | 
| [13:41] | We can’t not introduce the shoe print. | 我们不能不举示脚印的证据 | 
| [13:43] | I want to hold it for rebuttal. | 我想留着质证的时候用 | 
| [13:44] | Rebuttal? Winslow might not even take the stand. | 质证? Winslow也许根本不会出庭作证 | 
| [13:47] | I’ll take that bet. | 我愿意赌一把 | 
| [13:47] | Helen, we don’t have the greatest case here. | Helen 我们的案子没有必胜的把握 | 
| [13:50] | Exactly. We don’t have the greatest case. | 完全正确 我们没有必胜的把握 | 
| [13:52] | We need to catch him in a lie. | 我们要当场拆穿他的谎言 | 
| [13:53] | Which we can’t do if he doesn’t testify. | 如果他不出庭作证 我们就没这个机会 | 
| [13:55] | Scott Scott. | |
| [13:57] | How are we doing? | 情况怎么样 | 
| [14:01] | We can’t lose this one, Helen. | Helen 这个案子我们不能输 | 
| [14:07] | We need to put in the shoe. | 我们需要把鞋子作为证据 | 
| [14:13] | All right. DNA is next. We have nothing to fear there. | 接下来是DNA 这方面没什么可担心的 | 
| [14:16] | Let them talk, nobody fidgets or looks worried. | 让他们说 谁都别显得不安或者担忧 | 
| [14:19] | If anything, look bored. | 要么就做出不耐烦的表情 | 
| [14:20] | Send a message to the jury: It doesn’t matter. | 给陪审团传达一个信息 这无关紧要 | 
| [14:24] | Does anyone here besides me | 除了我以外 这里还有人 | 
| [14:25] | think he did it? | 觉得就是他杀的么 | 
| [14:29] | I’m sorry. Does anyone here | 对不起 你们觉得 | 
| [14:32] | even have a theory as to who else… | 除了他之外 还有谁可能… | 
| [14:34] | Karen Karen. | |
| [14:35] | What, Jeffrey? What? | 怎么了 Jeffrey 怎么了 | 
| [14:38] | I know you have every right to doubt me. | 我知道你完全有权力怀疑我 | 
| [14:40] | Oh, you’re wrong, Jeffrey. | 哦 你错了 Jeffrey | 
| [14:41] | I don’t doubt you for a second. | 我一秒钟也没有怀疑你 | 
| [14:44] | So we have some excitement here. Look… | 大家都别激动 瞧… | 
| [14:46] | And don’t you give me that | 你也别再拿什么忠诚的妻子 | 
| [14:47] | devoted-wife pitch again. | 那一套来教育我 | 
| [14:50] | Karen, why don’t you and I go take a break? | Karen 咱俩去休息一下 好么 | 
| [15:01] | Great. | 太好了 | 
| [15:13] | We have to decide whether you’re gonna testify. | 我们要决定是否让你出庭作证 | 
| [15:17] | Do you think he killed her? | 你认为他是杀人凶手吗 | 
| [15:20] | No, of course not. | 不 当然不是 | 
| [15:24] | I’m sorry, sitting in that room today, listening… | 我很抱歉 整天都在法庭上 一直听着… | 
| [15:26] | Karen, I know, this… | Karen 我理解 这个… | 
| [15:28] | I can’t do it. | 我坚持不下去了 | 
| [15:30] | I can’t play the adoring wife anymore. | 我不能再扮演深爱丈夫的妻子 | 
| [15:33] | Ever since this happened | 从这件事发生起 | 
| [15:34] | l’ve been pretending that I stand by him, that I… | 我一直在假装支持他 我… | 
| [15:42] | I feel dirty, walking in the room with him. | 牵着他的手 陪他走进法庭 | 
| [15:48] | Holding his hand. | 我觉得很肮脏 | 
| [15:51] | He betrayed me and I can’t pretend anymore. | 他背叛了我 我假装不下去了 | 
| [15:55] | Karen, listen to me. | Karen 听我说 | 
| [15:57] | We have a murder trial | 我们有一桩谋杀案的审判 | 
| [15:58] | and we have a marriage. | 我们还有一个婚姻 | 
| [15:59] | And unfortunately, for the sake of the trial | 不幸的是 为了审判的考虑 | 
| [16:01] | we have to send a signal | 我们必须传达出一个信息 | 
| [16:02] | that the marriage is okay. | 就是这场婚姻并没有危机 | 
| [16:04] | This tells the jury something. | 让陪审团知道这一点很重要 | 
| [16:07] | If you believe that he’s innocent | 如果你相信他是无辜的 | 
| [16:11] | murder-wise | 在谋杀案上是无辜的 | 
| [16:13] | then you have to pretend marriage-wise | 那么你必须假装他在婚姻上也是无辜的 | 
| [16:15] | just for a little bit longer, Karen. | 再多坚持一会 Karen | 
| [16:21] | Okay. | 好吧 | 
| [16:23] | Okay. | 好的 | 
| [16:28] | They never actually checked out the mother, | 他们从来没有调查死者的母亲 | 
| [16:29] | at least not much. | 至少没有仔细调查 | 
| [16:31] | Do you really think that she could decapitate her own daughter? | 你真觉得她有可能肢解自己的亲生女儿吗 | 
| [16:34] | No, but they didn’t like each other. | 不会 但是她们确实有矛盾 | 
| [16:37] | And Bobby, now that the surgeon stuff is in, | 还有 现在他们提出了”外科医生”这个说法 | 
| [16:39] | we have to start suggesting other suspects. | 我们必须指出其他可能的凶手 | 
| [16:41] | Nah, it’s too dangerous. Burden is on them. | 不 那太危险了 举证责任在他们那边 | 
| [16:43] | We don’t offer anything we can’t prove. | 不要提出任何我们证明不了的说法 | 
| [16:44] | Well, our consultants say | 呃 我们的顾问说 | 
| [16:46] | we have to respond to the threats too. | 我们必须对”威胁”做出回应 | 
| [16:47] | Admissible or not, they think it’s a problem. | 不管是不是合法证据 这都是个问题 | 
| [16:49] | Which means Jeffrey would have to testify, | 就是说Jeffrey必须出庭作证 | 
| [16:52] | which is what I think Helen wants. | 我感觉这正是Helen所期望的 | 
| [16:57] | What? | 怎么了 | 
| [17:00] | I don’t know. | 我不知道 | 
| [17:04] | Something’s funny. | 感觉不对劲 | 
| [17:07] | It’s right in front of our faces. | 好像就在我们眼前 | 
| [17:13] | I don’t know what it is. | 我却不知道是什么 | 
| [17:18] | As you can see, the nucleotides link up. | 如你所见 核苷酸连在一起 | 
| [17:21] | We have an exact genetic match up with the defendant. | 和被告的基因完全吻合 | 
| [17:25] | And this was from skin samples? | 这是从皮肤样本中提取出来的? | 
| [17:27] | Found underneath her fingernails, yes. | 是的 从她的指甲里找到的样本 | 
| [17:29] | The hair samples found on the bed | 在床上找到的头发样本 | 
| [17:31] | also line up in matching sequences. | 序列同样吻合 | 
| [17:35] | Doctor, can you crunch all this for us? | 医生 你能帮我们简单解释下吗 | 
| [17:38] | The defendant was in her apartment. | 被告去过死者的公寓 | 
| [17:41] | But DNA can’t establish that he killed her. | 可是DNA并不能证明他杀了她 | 
| [17:44] | Only that he was there. | 只能证明他去过那儿 | 
| [17:46] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [17:47] | It was a prior victim of the Poet. | 这是以前死于”诗人杀手”的受害者 | 
| [17:50] | Dr. Hoffle, the defendant had access to | Hoffle医生 被告能够获得 | 
| [17:53] | the autopsy report on this woman? | 这位被害女子的尸检报告? | 
| [17:55] | Yes, he did. | 是的 可以 | 
| [17:57] | Because it was a prior victim of the Poet | 因为是死于”诗人杀手”的受害人 | 
| [17:59] | the autopsy report was faxed | 尸检报告通过传真 | 
| [18:01] | all over your hospital, wasn’t it? | 传遍了整个医院 是吗 | 
| [18:03] | It was juicy copy and a lot of people had it. | 这份报告生动刺激 很多人都有的 | 
| [18:05] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [18:07] | Do the hospital phone records show any outgoing call | 医院的电话记录中有没有显示 | 
| [18:10] | to Dr. Winslow’s residence | 谋杀案发当晚 | 
| [18:12] | the evening of the murder? | 从医院打到Winslow医生家的电话? | 
| [18:13] | No. | 没有 | 
| [18:14] | And if somebody did call him down to the hospital, | 如果有人打电话让他来医院 | 
| [18:16] | your phone records would indicate this? | 你们的电话记录肯定会有显示? | 
| [18:18] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [18:19] | Anybody in the hospital have cell phone? | 医院里有没有人用手机 | 
| [18:23] | Yes. | 有 | 
| [18:26] | Is that it, Ms. Gamble? | 还有证据吗 Gamble女士 | 
| [18:30] | Put the shoe in now, Helen. | 举示鞋子作为证据 Helen | 
| [18:31] | If Winslow doesn’t testify, | 如果Winslow不出来作证的话 | 
| [18:33] | they could rest. | 他们可以结束举证了 | 
| [18:34] | Reasonable doubt. | 合理怀疑 | 
| [18:35] | We have not made our case. | 我们还没有充分证明我们的指控 | 
| [18:38] | Prosecution would like to call one last witness. | 控方希望传唤最后一位证人 | 
| [18:43] | Kenneth Fuller Kenneth Fuller. | |
| [18:46] | Your Honor, this witness is not on their list. | 法官阁下 这个证人并不在他们的名单上 | 
| [18:48] | He was included in a prior pretrial list. | 他被列在之前的预审名单上 | 
| [18:50] | Which had two hundred names on it. | 那份名单上有两百多个人 | 
| [18:52] | Get up here, both of you. | 你俩 都上来 | 
| [18:58] | Technically, they had notice. | 理论上 他们已经得到通知了 | 
| [18:59] | We did not. This is a revised list. | 我们没有 这是修改过的名单 | 
| [19:01] | As an officer of this court, I will state right now | 作为一名法律人 我明确承诺 | 
| [19:04] | that nothing I ask of this witness | 我盘问这位证人的任何内容 | 
| [19:05] | will constitute unfair surprise. | 都不会构成不当突袭 | 
| [19:06] | Testimony could be worthless. | 他的证言或许完全没有价值 | 
| [19:08] | Why bother? | 那为什么要折腾 | 
| [19:09] | Because I’m playing a hunch. | 因为直觉告诉我这么做 | 
| [19:10] | I’m entitled to do that. | 我有这个权力 | 
| [19:11] | All right. I’ll see where it goes. | 好吧 我看看到底怎么样 | 
| [19:13] | Your Honor, this… | 法官阁下 这个… | 
| [19:14] | If you want to adjourn after, to prepare cross, | 她问完之后 如果你需要休庭来准备质询 | 
| [19:17] | I’ll give it to you. Stop your whining. | 我会允许的 别再抱怨了 | 
| [19:22] | Mr. Fuller? | Fuller先生 | 
| [19:27] | We’ve already learned a little bit about you | 我们已经通过你的前岳母 | 
| [19:29] | from your ex-mother-in-law. | 对你有了初步的了解 | 
| [19:31] | You had a bad marriage with Cindy Marks. | 你和Cindy Marks的婚姻很不和谐 | 
| [19:33] | You could say that. | 可以这么说 | 
| [19:34] | Forgive me for saying this, sir, | 请原谅我的冒犯 先生 | 
| [19:36] | but you seem like a scary guy. | 不过你看起来满脸凶相 | 
| [19:39] | -Objection! -Sustained. | -反对 -反对有效 | 
| [19:41] | Is that where you’re going? He looks scary? | 这就是你想证明的吗 他满脸凶相? | 
| [19:44] | Actually, yes. | 老实说 的确是的 | 
| [19:46] | Mr. Fuller, you’ve been in this courtroom every day of the trial. | Fuller先生 审判的每一天你都出现在法庭上 | 
| [19:50] | Anybody ask you to come? | 是有人要求你来的吗 | 
| [19:52] | -Objection! -Overruled. | -反对 -反对无效 | 
| [19:54] | Anybody perhaps pay you to be sitting here? | 有人花钱请你来坐在法庭上吗 | 
| [19:56] | Objection. Work product. | 反对 这是工作内容 | 
| [19:58] | Work product? | 工作内容? | 
| [19:59] | Your Honor, she is going fishing! | 法官阁下 她这是在刺探 | 
| [20:01] | She’s trying to get at communications | 她企图获取证人 | 
| [20:02] | between the witness and my office | 和我们事务所之间的谈话 | 
| [20:04] | it’s work product and inadmissible. | 这是工作内容 不能作为证据 | 
| [20:06] | I think I’d like to ask myself. | 我自己也很想问这个问题 | 
| [20:10] | Has anyone paid you to come here, Mr. Fuller? | 有人花钱请你到这里来吗 Fuller先生 | 
| [20:16] | You’re under oath, sir. | 你宣誓过的 先生 | 
| [20:17] | Has anyone paid you to come to this courtroom? | 有人花钱请你到法庭上来吗 | 
| [20:22] | Mr. Berluti. | Berluti先生 | 
| [20:25] | Him. | 是他 | 
| [20:28] | How much? | 多少钱 | 
| [20:31] | Five thousand dollars. | 5000块 | 
| [20:37] | And were you given any special instructions? | 他们对你有什么特别的指示吗 | 
| [20:40] | Just sit here. | 就让我坐在这里 | 
| [20:42] | And look like I could have killed her. | 并且显得好像我有可能杀了她 | 
| [20:49] | I have a legal right. | 我这么做是合法的 | 
| [20:51] | Like hell you do! | 见鬼的合法 | 
| [20:52] | We all have our paid consultants | 我们都会花钱请顾问 | 
| [20:53] | sitting out there paid to sit in the room. | 花钱请他们来坐在法庭上 | 
| [20:55] | Are you kidding? | 开玩笑吧你? | 
| [20:56] | No, I’m not kidding. | 不 我不是开玩笑 | 
| [20:57] | Well, you should be. | 你实在太过分了 | 
| [20:59] | Paying that man to sit there | 花钱请他坐在那里 | 
| [21:01] | as a flame-red herring | 作为出其不意的”奇兵” | 
| [21:03] | it’s the equivalent of putting in false evidence. | 这等同于伪造证据 | 
| [21:05] | I didn’t call him to the stand. | 我又没有传他出庭 | 
| [21:08] | What has happened to you? | 你到底怎么回事 | 
| [21:10] | Look, I’m doing what I have to do to defend my client. | 我在尽我所能为我的当事人辩护 | 
| [21:13] | I haven’t broken any laws here. | 我没有违反任何法律 | 
| [21:15] | I demand you | 并且我要求你 | 
| [21:16] | instruct that jury that I haven’t. | 告诉陪审团我没有违反任何法律 | 
| [21:18] | Well, I’m not going to do that. | 我不打算这么做 | 
| [21:19] | Well then basically, you just condemned me | 那你基本上等于当着陪审团 | 
| [21:21] | in front of them. | 对我做出谴责 | 
| [21:22] | And I’d do it again, and I’d love to do it more directly | 我很乐意再谴责一次 或许更直接点 | 
| [21:25] | but I don’t want to hand you a mistrial. | 但我不想给你无效审判的机会 | 
| [21:28] | That little trick was despicable. | 你那小伎俩很卑鄙 | 
| [21:31] | Oh, you don’t think that she does that? | 哦 你不觉得她也一样吗 | 
| [21:32] | I’m talking now. | 我还没说完 | 
| [21:33] | You’re right. Technically, you get to slide by | 没错 理论上 你这么做是合法的 | 
| [21:37] | but barely, Bobby. | 但是很勉强 Bobby | 
| [21:42] | Barely. | 相当勉强 | 
| [21:45] | -You told her? -I didn’t. | -是你告诉她的? -我没有 | 
| [21:46] | She pluck that out of the sky? | 她灵光一闪就发现了? | 
| [21:48] | -She’s smart. -Oh, please. | -她很聪明 -哦 拜托 | 
| [21:50] | Don’t you go accusing me | 你不要指责我 | 
| [21:51] | Stupid stunt. Serves you it backfired. | 这一招很愚蠢 现在弄巧成拙了 | 
| [21:53] | Thank you, Rebecca Wanna take over the case? | 谢了 Rebecca 你想接手这个案子么 | 
| [21:55] | It was stupid. | 的确是很愚蠢 | 
| [21:56] | You had the case won and you know it and now? | 本来已经要赢了 你也知道 可现在呢 | 
| [21:58] | Jury won’t trust a thing you say. | 陪审团不会再相信你说的任何东西了 | 
| [22:00] | Why should they? | 他们凭什么相信 | 
| [22:01] | All right. Let’s not turn on each other. | 行了 别再互相指责了 | 
| [22:03] | Their case hasn’t gotten any better | 检方的形势并没有变得更好 | 
| [22:05] | and the burden is on them. | 举证责任还是在于他们 | 
| [22:07] | We certainly can’t rest on that note. | 在这种情况下我们绝对不能结束举证 | 
| [22:08] | No, we can’t. | 没错 我们不能 | 
| [22:09] | We got to put on a defence. | 我们必须做出辩解 | 
| [22:11] | Is Karen ready? | Karen准备好了吗 | 
| [22:14] | Yeah. | 嗯 | 
| [22:18] | Do you remember what time your husband left the house? | 你是否记得你丈夫是什么时间离开家的 | 
| [22:21] | A few minutes past 10. | 十点过几分的样子 | 
| [22:22] | And when he returned? | 那他什么时候回家的呢 | 
| [22:23] | Around midnight. I was still awake. | 大概是午夜的样子 我还醒着 | 
| [22:26] | Can you please describe his demeanor for the court? | 你能向法庭描述一下他当时的举止神态吗 | 
| [22:29] | It was normal. | 很正常 | 
| [22:30] | He complained the page was unnecessary. | 他抱怨说根本没必要把他叫去 | 
| [22:32] | It could have waited till morning. | 完全可以等到早上 | 
| [22:34] | But he was calm? | 但是他很镇定? | 
| [22:35] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [22:36] | His usual self? | 就像平常一样? | 
| [22:37] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [22:38] | Mrs Winslow, can you tell us how long it takes to get | Winslow夫人 你能否告诉我们 | 
| [22:40] | from Weston to Mass General | 从Weston到你丈夫工作的麻省医院 | 
| [22:41] | where your husband works? | 需要多长时间 | 
| [22:43] | At that hour, you can make it in about 35 minutes. | 在那个时段 大概35分钟就够了 | 
| [22:45] | So he would need an hour and 10 minutes travel time? | 所以他往返一共需要一小时10分钟? | 
| [22:48] | Right. | 是的 | 
| [22:53] | Mrs. Winslow, | Winslow夫人 | 
| [22:54] | are you angry at your husband? | 对你丈夫的行为 你是不是很生气 | 
| [22:59] | I don’t know if anger | 我不知道”生气”这个词 | 
| [23:00] | is a strong enough word. | 是否足以形容我的感受 | 
| [23:04] | Do I love him? | 我爱他吗 | 
| [23:07] | Yes. | 爱 | 
| [23:09] | But do I also hate him? | 但我同时也恨他吗 | 
| [23:13] | Yes. | 恨 | 
| [23:17] | But despite your angry feelings, here today, you sit | 但是尽管你恨他 今天你还是坐在这里 | 
| [23:20] | testifying on his behalf. | 为他作证 | 
| [23:22] | I’ve slept by that man’s side for 12 years. | 我们同床共枕12年了 | 
| [23:27] | I know him as well as I know myself. | 我很了解他 就像了解我自己一样 | 
| [23:29] | It is inconceivable that he could have committed | 说他犯了谋杀罪 | 
| [23:33] | what he’s been accused of. | 完全是不可想象的 | 
| [23:35] | You seem pretty sure. | 你看起来很确定 | 
| [23:37] | Whatever his faults | 不管他有什么缺点 | 
| [23:40] | he is not a murderer. | 他不可能是杀人犯 | 
| [23:43] | Thank you very much. | 非常感谢 | 
| [23:53] | You say you know him. | 你说你了解他 | 
| [23:54] | You didn’t know he was having an affair though, did you? | 但是你并不知道他有婚外情 是吗 | 
| [23:57] | No. | 是的 | 
| [23:59] | So he is able to conceal certain truths from you, isn’t he? | 所以他能够对你隐瞒某些事情 是不是 | 
| [24:02] | He didn’t kill that woman. | 他没有杀害那个女人 | 
| [24:04] | Who is this person sitting in the second row by the aisle? | 坐在第二排过道边的那个人是谁 | 
| [24:07] | Beverly Walton. She’s my neighbor. | Beverly Walton 她是我的邻居 | 
| [24:09] | The day of the arrest, did you tell her | 拘捕那天 你有没有对她说 | 
| [24:11] | you thought your husband did kill Cindy Marks? | 你觉得你丈夫真的杀了Cindy Marks? | 
| [24:16] | Did you tell Beverly Walton | 你有没有对Beverly Walton说 | 
| [24:18] | you thought your husband did murder Cindy Marks? | 你觉得你丈夫真的杀了Cindy Marks? | 
| [24:23] | I was still in shock over the affair. | 我当时还处在对婚外情的震惊状态中 | 
| [24:26] | I was speaking out of hurt and anger. | 我是因为伤心和愤怒才这么说的 | 
| [24:29] | You did say that? | 你确实这么说过? | 
| [24:30] | I was lashing out. I didn’t mean… | 我是在发泄 我并不真的… | 
| [24:32] | You sit here today saying it’s inconceivable | 你今天坐在这里说 | 
| [24:35] | for your husband to commit murder. | 你丈夫犯谋杀罪是不可想象的 | 
| [24:36] | And yet to this woman, | 可对那位女士 | 
| [24:38] | you said he probably did commit murder. | 你却说或许真的是他杀的 | 
| [24:40] | I don’t think he killed her. | 我并不认为我丈夫杀了她 | 
| [24:43] | There was a context… | 当时有特定的背景… | 
| [24:44] | That was just a slip of the tongue? | 只是脱口而出? | 
| [24:46] | -Objection. -Sustained. | -反对 -反对有效 | 
| [24:47] | Mrs. Winslow, you also testified to timeline. | Winslow夫人 你的证词中还提到了时间 | 
| [24:51] | Two hours. Ten to midnight, | 两个小时 从10点到12点 | 
| [24:53] | hour commute. | 其中路上要一个小时 | 
| [24:55] | Do you remember speaking with me and Detective McKrew | 你是否记得案发后的第二天 | 
| [24:58] | the day after the murder? | 你跟McKrew警官和我交谈过 | 
| [24:59] | Yes. | 记得 | 
| [25:00] | Did you not tell us that | 你有没有对我们说 | 
| [25:01] | your husband returned home around 1 a.m? | 你丈夫是凌晨一点左右回家的 | 
| [25:04] | I was wrong. It was 12. | 我说错了 是12点 | 
| [25:06] | You were wrong. The day after, you said, 1. | 你说错了 事发第二天 你说1点 | 
| [25:10] | But three months later at trial, | 三个月过后的法庭上 | 
| [25:12] | your memory is fresher? | 你的记忆却更清晰了? | 
| [25:15] | I didn’t remember saying that. | 我不记得我说过那些 | 
| [25:19] | I didn’t remember. | 我完全不记得 | 
| [25:20] | All right, let’s not panic. | 好了 别慌 | 
| [25:22] | -We still got a long way to go. -Let’s not panic? | -案子还远远没有完 -别慌? | 
| [25:25] | My own wife shouts out to somebody, | 我自己的妻子对别人说 | 
| [25:27] | “He did it.” Let’s not panic? | “就是他干的” 你叫我别慌? | 
| [25:29] | Come on, Jeffrey. | 拜托 Jeffrey | 
| [25:32] | Did you kill her? | 是你杀她的吗 | 
| [25:34] | You did, didn’t you? You killed her. | 是你杀的 对不对 你杀了她 | 
| [25:36] | -Excuse me? -You retain everything, Karen. | -你说什么 -你什么都记得 Karen | 
| [25:41] | You wouldn’t forget saying, “He did it!” to Beverly. | 你不会忘记对Beverly说过”是他干的” | 
| [25:44] | You wouldn’t forget saying, “About 1 a.m.” | 你不会忘记说过”大概凌晨一点” | 
| [25:48] | Now, may… Maybe you did know about the affair. | 或许 或许你早就知道外遇的事 | 
| [25:51] | What a perfect revenge that would be, wouldn’t it? | 多么完美的报复 不是吗 | 
| [25:53] | -Are you out of your mind? -Maybe I am. | -你疯了吗? -或许我是疯了 | 
| [25:57] | All of this pretending to be by my side | 一直假装在我身边支持我 | 
| [26:00] | and then you get up there on the stand and… | 然后站在证人席上… | 
| [26:09] | Now, maybe you went up there knowing full well | 或许 当你站上证人席的时候 | 
| [26:14] | that the DA would pick you to pieces on cross. | 你就知道检察官会问得一清二楚 | 
| [26:19] | Perfect, Karen. Perfect. | 完美啊 Karen 完美 | 
| [26:26] | Oh, I get it. | 哦 我懂了 | 
| [26:28] | I’m supposed to think: | 我应该这么想 | 
| [26:29] | “Wow, for him to accuse me, | “哇 他都指责是我杀的 | 
| [26:31] | he really must be innocent.” | 那他一定是无辜的了” | 
| [26:35] | Is that what you want me to think? | 你是希望我这么想 是不是 | 
| [26:36] | Is that what this little tantrum is about? | 你大发脾气就是这个原因吧 | 
| [26:42] | Trial has been suspended for the rest of the day | 今天的审理已经休庭 | 
| [26:44] | but tomorrow will be the day everyone has been salivating for: | 但是明天将会是万众期待的一天 | 
| [26:47] | Jeffrey Winslow is scheduled to climb into that witness chair. | Jeffrey Winslow将会走上那个证人席 | 
| [26:58] | Where is he? | 他在哪儿 | 
| [26:59] | With Jimmy and Eugene. | 和Jimmy还有Eugene在一起 | 
| [27:00] | Mock testimony. | 模拟交叉质询 | 
| [27:01] | Bobby, have we even thought about a plea? | Bobby 我们考虑过辩诉交易吗 | 
| [27:03] | A plea? | 辩诉交易? | 
| [27:04] | They still haven’t made their case. Why… | 他们仍然没有证明他们的指控 为什么… | 
| [27:10] | Bec, you probably have the most distance. Where’s your head? | Bec 所谓旁观者清 你怎么看 | 
| [27:15] | Beyond a reasonable doubt, I don’t know. | 是否排除了合理怀疑? 我不清楚 | 
| [27:17] | But I definitely think the guy did it. | 但我绝对认为就是他杀的 | 
| [27:19] | Maybe we should throw out a feeler. | 或许我们该试探一下 | 
| [27:20] | See if there’s anything to consider. | 看看有没有达成认罪协议的可能 | 
| [27:27] | Not a chance. | 不可能 | 
| [27:28] | Helen, You haven’t even come close to satisfying burden of proof. | Helen 你们远远没有完成举证责任 | 
| [27:31] | Then why are you here? | 那你来做什么呢 | 
| [27:32] | The stakes are so high. | 因为风险太高了 | 
| [27:34] | Murder Two is the best you get. | 二级谋杀是我们最大的让步 | 
| [27:35] | That’s automatic life? | 那是自动的终身监禁 | 
| [27:36] | Why would we even think about that? | 我们有什么必要考虑二级谋杀? | 
| [27:37] | He chopped her into pieces. | 他把她碎尸万段 | 
| [27:39] | What are you looking for, battery? | 你指望什么 伤害罪? | 
| [27:40] | Should we just write him a speeding ticket? | 还是给他开张超速罚单? | 
| [27:42] | This is more about beating me, isn’t it? | 你这是为了打败我 是不是 | 
| [27:44] | Beating you is extra. | 打败你只是锦上添花 | 
| [27:46] | Helen, maybe you’re not seeing straight. | Helen 或许你太执迷了 | 
| [27:48] | You haven’t done great on the elements. | 你对犯罪要素的证明并不稳固 | 
| [27:50] | You have to know that. | 这点你该知道 | 
| [27:51] | Then, I’ll lose. | 那我输掉好了 | 
| [27:59] | I know Helen Gamble well enough. | 我太了解Helen Gamble | 
| [28:01] | She’s got another card in her hand. | 她手里一定还有牌 | 
| [28:03] | Only you can know what it is. | 只有你知道是什么牌 | 
| [28:06] | -I don’t. -You screw me, you screw yourself. | -我不知道 -你糊弄我 就是糊弄你自己 | 
| [28:09] | If I’m to save you from life in prison, | 如果要我帮你避免终生监禁 | 
| [28:10] | tell me what I don’t know | 就把我不知道的都告诉我 | 
| [28:12] | because I guarantee you, she knows. | 因为我向你保证 她已经知道了 | 
| [28:15] | Tell me now. | 现在就告诉我 | 
| [28:26] | I went there that night. | 我那晚回去过 | 
| [28:29] | I made love to her in the afternoon and I went back at night. | 我下午和她做爱 晚上我又回去了 | 
| [28:32] | To see her. | 去看她 | 
| [28:35] | And… | 结果… | 
| [28:37] | I saw her like that. | 我看到她那个样子 | 
| [28:39] | Like what? | 哪个样子 | 
| [28:41] | Dead. | 死了 | 
| [28:43] | All cut up. | 被切成一块一块的 | 
| [28:46] | Her head… | 她的头… | 
| [28:50] | I saw it. | 我看到了 | 
| [28:54] | But I didn’t do it, Bobby. I didn’t. | 但不是我做的 Bobby 不是我做的 | 
| [28:57] | What did you do then? | 然后你做了些什么 | 
| [28:59] | I just left. I went home. | 我离开了 回家了 | 
| [29:03] | I was afraid. | 我很害怕 | 
| [29:05] | I thought that if I called the police, | 我怕如果我报警 | 
| [29:07] | the affair would be on the front page | 这段婚外情就会登上报纸头条 | 
| [29:09] | Eugene Jimmy Eugene, Jimmy. | |
| [29:10] | Bobby, l… | Bobby 我… | 
| [29:13] | He was there the night of the murder. | 他谋杀当晚去过案发现场 | 
| [29:15] | Helen knows it. How she knows it | Helen知道 至于她是怎么知道的 | 
| [29:17] | has to be in the discovery documents. | 线索一定在检方的证据里边 | 
| [29:19] | Otherwise, she would be guaranteeing a mistrial. | 不然的话 必定会导致无效审判 | 
| [29:21] | I don’t understand. If she knew he was there that night, | 我不明白 如果她知道他那晚去过现场 | 
| [29:22] | why didn’t she put it into evidence? | 为什么不作为证据举示呢 | 
| [29:24] | She didn’t want us to be able to explain it. | 她不希望我们有机会解释 | 
| [29:26] | She was counting on you taking the stand | 她在赌你会出庭作证 | 
| [29:28] | and saying you weren’t there that night under oath. | 并且你会在庭上说你那天晚上没有去过 | 
| [29:31] | Then she springs what she’s got on rebuttal, | 然后她就用她的证据反驳你 | 
| [29:33] | caught you in a lie and you’re dead. | 当场拆穿你的谎言 你就完了 | 
| [29:35] | I don’t know. That’s a little dicey. | 我不知道 这有点冒险吧 | 
| [29:40] | It’s gonna cost her. | 她会付出代价的 | 
| [29:47] | Footprints! | 脚印 | 
| [29:48] | What? | 什么 | 
| [29:50] | In the DNA discovery, she turned over hair | 在关于DNA的证据方面 她列出了毛发 | 
| [29:52] | blood, prints, hand and foot. | 血迹 印记 包括指纹和脚印 | 
| [29:56] | Now, turn to the supplemental discovery | 再看补充证据 | 
| [29:59] | Blood on floor. | 地上的血迹 | 
| [30:00] | You stepped in blood. That’s what she’s got. Footprints. | 你踩到了血迹 这就是她的证据 脚印 | 
| [30:03] | So technically, | 所以理论上 | 
| [30:05] | she’s covered with the discovery rules. | 她这么做符合证据开示的规则 | 
| [30:06] | She played Hide The Ball. | 她在玩捉迷藏 | 
| [30:08] | They did take my shoes when they searched. | 他们搜查的时候确实拿走了我的鞋子 | 
| [30:10] | Okay, we play this straight. | 好 我们直接迎战 | 
| [30:12] | We just diffuse her cannon | 我们在她开炮之前 | 
| [30:14] | before she ever gets to shoot it. | 就来个乾坤大挪移 | 
| [30:15] | Come on, we’ll go over your testimony on the way. | 走 我们在路上再过一遍你的证词 | 
| [30:17] | Let’s go. | 走吧 | 
| [30:23] | -There he is. Excuse me. -Dr. Winslow? | -他来了 借过 -Winslow医生? | 
| [30:33] | We made love and then I went home. | 我们做爱 然后我就回家了 | 
| [30:36] | In the middle of the afternoon? | 下午的时候? | 
| [30:38] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [30:39] | And that’s why you had these scratches on your back? | 这就是你身上会有这些抓痕的原因? | 
| [30:42] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [30:44] | Now, doctor, I need to ask the question | 接下来 医生 我需要问一个 | 
| [30:46] | everybody in this room is asking: | 在座的各位都想问的问题 | 
| [30:50] | Did you kill Cindy Marks? | Cindy Marks是你杀的吗 | 
| [30:53] | No, I didn’t. | 不 不是我 | 
| [30:56] | I… | 我… | 
| [30:58] | This isn’t easy to say in front of my wife. | 在我妻子面前我很难开口… | 
| [31:02] | But I did love Cindy. | 但我是爱着Cindy的 | 
| [31:04] | I could never do anything to hurt her. | 我永远不会做伤害她的事情 | 
| [31:06] | Well, you have to admit that it’s a little coincidental | 呃 你得承认 这一切太巧合了 | 
| [31:09] | that she was killed on the same day that you were there. | 刚好在你去的那天 她就被杀害了 | 
| [31:12] | I’m afraid it’s more incriminating than that, Mr. Donnell. | 恐怕巧合的还不止于此 Donnell先生 | 
| [31:16] | I’m ashamed to say this | 我很羞于启齿 | 
| [31:17] | because I didn’t report it, but… | 因为我没有报警 但是… | 
| [31:19] | Ashamed, to say what? | 羞愧? 什么羞于启齿? | 
| [31:22] | I went back to the house that night. | 那天晚上我还去过她家 | 
| [31:25] | You went back there? | 你回去过? | 
| [31:27] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [31:29] | I walked in. | 我走进去的时候 | 
| [31:33] | She was dead. | 她已经死了 | 
| [31:38] | There was blood everywhere. | 到处都是血 | 
| [31:41] | I… We were having an affair. | 我…我们之间有婚外情 | 
| [31:43] | I was afraid of the implications and the publicity | 我担心一旦公开可能导致的影响 | 
| [31:46] | so I panicked and I went home. | 我很慌 于是回了家 | 
| [31:49] | But I swear | 但我发誓 | 
| [31:51] | I didn’t kill her. | 我没有杀她 | 
| [31:53] | I didn’t. | 我没有 | 
| [31:57] | Thank you, doctor. | 谢谢你 医生 | 
| [32:06] | -Mr. Donnell? -Excuse us, please. No comment. | -Donnell先生? -不好意思 无可奉告 | 
| [32:08] | No comment. Please, excuse us. | 无可奉告 借过 | 
| [32:10] | Let’s go over here in the witness room. | 我们去证人室 | 
| [32:11] | Bobby, can we talk? | Bobby 能谈谈吗 | 
| [32:14] | Dr. Winslow, a statement, please. | Winslow医生 说几句吧 | 
| [32:23] | Voluntary manslaughter. Eight years. | 非蓄谋故意杀人 八年 | 
| [32:25] | Take it or leave it. | 不跟你讨价还价 | 
| [32:27] | Too late, Helen. | 太晚了 Helen | 
| [32:28] | I can still win this. | 我仍然有可能赢 | 
| [32:29] | You know, it was a nice try burying the shoeprints. | 试图隐藏鞋印的证据 这招不错 | 
| [32:31] | You thought you’d get him in a lie. | 你以为可以当场拆穿他说谎 | 
| [32:33] | I guess that’s what happens | 当你玩肮脏手段的时候 | 
| [32:34] | when you play dirty. | 这就是后果 | 
| [32:35] | I play dirty? | 我玩肮脏手段? | 
| [32:36] | -You paid the ex-husband. – Don’t forget your first trick. | -你出钱收买了前夫 -别忘了你的第一个伎俩 | 
| [32:38] | -Tell the wife she’s a suspect. -Imply false evidence. | -告诉她妻子说她是嫌疑人 -相当于伪造证据 | 
| [32:41] | -Unfair surprise. -Coach the perjury we just heard. | -不当突袭 -教唆伪证 | 
| [32:44] | -It was a dirty prosecution! -They say about you… | -这本身就是个肮脏的指控 -那是说你的… | 
| [32:46] | -Hey! Come on! -You’re sleazy. | -嘿 嘿 够了 -你真卑鄙 | 
| [33:00] | Voluntary manslaughter, take it or leave it. | 非蓄谋故意杀人 要不要随你 | 
| [33:19] | You got a shot, Helen. | 你还有机会 Helen | 
| [33:23] | You cross-examine well. You got a shot. | 你的交叉质询很好 你还有机会 | 
| [33:27] | Now isn’t the time to collapse. | 现在不是崩溃的时候 | 
| [33:29] | I’m not about to collapse. | 我不会崩溃的 | 
| [33:37] | Who called you from the hospital that night? | 那晚是谁从医院打电话给你的 | 
| [33:39] | Nobody. | 没人打给我 | 
| [33:40] | Never got a call to go to the hospital? | 从来没有接到医院打来的电话? | 
| [33:42] | I told my wife I did | 我对我妻子说有 | 
| [33:44] | but I was really going to see Cindy. | 事实上我是去看Cindy | 
| [33:46] | You lied to your wife? | 你对你妻子说谎? | 
| [33:47] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [33:48] | You’d been lying to your wife for a year | 一年来 你一直在骗你的妻子 | 
| [33:50] | about this affair. | 隐瞒这段外遇? | 
| [33:52] | That’s true. | 是这样 | 
| [33:54] | A person who lies is a liar. | 一个说谎的人就是骗子 | 
| [33:56] | Would you agree with that? | 你同意这个说法吧 | 
| [33:58] | I lied about some things. | 我只是针对某些事情说谎 | 
| [34:00] | So by your own admission, you would be a liar? | 那么你自己也承认 你是个骗子? | 
| [34:03] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [34:05] | Did you ever threaten to kill Cindy Marks? | 你有没有威胁要杀Cindy Marks | 
| [34:08] | No, I did not. | 没有 我没有 | 
| [34:09] | Are you a liar, Dr. Winslow? | 你是个骗子吗 Winslow医生? | 
| [34:11] | -Objection. -Sustained. | -反对 -反对有效 | 
| [34:13] | If Cindy Marks were to say she feared physical danger from you | 如果Cindy Marks说她害怕你会伤害她 | 
| [34:16] | would she be a liar? | 她是在说谎么 | 
| [34:18] | She would certainly be mistaken. | 她绝对是误会了 | 
| [34:19] | If Cindy Marks were to say she feared physical danger from you | 如果Cindy Marks说她害怕你会伤害她 | 
| [34:23] | then three days later, turned up decapitated | 三天之后 她就被碎尸了 | 
| [34:26] | that would only be a little coincidence? | 这只是个小小的巧合? | 
| [34:28] | Objection. There’s no evidence of any threats or statements | 反对 没有任何关于 | 
| [34:31] | by Cindy Marks concerning threats. | Cindy Marks被威胁恐吓的证据 | 
| [34:33] | The objection is sustained. | 反对有效 | 
| [34:34] | I don’t want to hear any more mention of threats, | 我不想听到你再提及跟威胁有关的问题 | 
| [34:37] | Ms. Gamble. | Gamble女士 | 
| [34:39] | You stated you loved Cindy Marks? | 你说你爱Cindy Marks? | 
| [34:42] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [34:42] | You two were emotionally involved. | 你们互相产生了感情 | 
| [34:44] | Yes, I suppose so. | 是的 我想是的 | 
| [34:46] | Upon discovering her dead and dismembered body | 可是发现她被碎尸之后 | 
| [34:49] | you simply returned home, | 你只是转身回家了 | 
| [34:50] | was that your testimony? | 你是这么说的吧? | 
| [34:52] | Yes. | 是的 | 
| [34:52] | You never called the police? | 你没有报警? | 
| [34:55] | I explained that. | 我已经解释过了 | 
| [34:57] | And that doesn’t mean that | 而且这并不意味着 | 
| [34:58] | I wasn’t horrified by her death. | 我不为她的死感到惊恐 | 
| [35:00] | You ever share your horror with anyone? | 你有没有告诉别人你的惊恐? | 
| [35:03] | No. | 没有 | 
| [35:04] | The next day | 第二天 | 
| [35:07] | what did you do? | 你做了什么呢 | 
| [35:09] | I went to work. | 我去上班了 | 
| [35:11] | Did you have a nice day at work, doctor? | 你那天是否工作愉快呢 医生 | 
| [35:15] | After discovering the mutilated body of someone you loved | 发现自己的恋人被碎尸之后 | 
| [35:20] | when you decided not to notify the police | 当你决定不报警 | 
| [35:24] | was it because you were afraid of being implicated in the affair | 是因为担心婚外情曝光 | 
| [35:28] | or implicated in her death? | 还是担心卷入谋杀案 | 
| [35:30] | I suppose both. | 我想两者都有 | 
| [35:32] | In your medical training, | 在你学医的过程中 | 
| [35:34] | you did a rotation in psychiatry? | 有没有在心理学科室轮岗 | 
| [35:36] | A long time ago. | 很久以前有过 | 
| [35:37] | Let me ask you. In your experience, | 那我问你 根据你的经验 | 
| [35:40] | when a person at a crime scene | 当一个人在犯罪现场 | 
| [35:42] | chooses to run from that crime scene | 选择逃离犯罪现场 | 
| [35:45] | would that be more an indication of innocence or of guilt? | 这是有罪还是无辜的表现呢? | 
| [35:48] | I am innocent. | 我是无辜的 | 
| [35:51] | Are you a liar, Dr. Winslow? | 你是个骗子吗 Winslow医生? | 
| [35:53] | -Objection! -Sustained! | -反对 -反对有效 | 
| [36:07] | We are exactly where we started. | 我们完全回到了原点 | 
| [36:11] | He had an affair with her | 他和她有婚外情 | 
| [36:13] | and he was at the scene the night of her death. | 她死亡的当晚 他去过案发现场 | 
| [36:15] | That’s all they have established. Period. | 这就是控方能证明的全部事实 仅此而已 | 
| [36:19] | Do they have a fingerprint on the murder weapon? | 他们从凶器上提取到指纹了吗 | 
| [36:21] | They don’t even have the weapon. | 他们连凶器都没有 | 
| [36:24] | Do they have a credible eyewitness? | 他们有可靠的目击证人吗 | 
| [36:27] | They don’t have any eyewitnesses. | 他们没有任何目击证人 | 
| [36:31] | Where is the case? | 拿什么证明他们的指控 | 
| [36:32] | He didn’t seem upset enough the day after? | 他案发第二天看起来不够沮丧? | 
| [36:34] | That he went to work? | 他照常去上班? | 
| [36:36] | Where is the case? | 拿什么证明他们的指控 | 
| [36:40] | He had an affair with the victim and he was in her apartment. | 他和被害人有外遇 他去过她的住处 | 
| [36:45] | That’s their case in its entirety. | 这是他们能证明的全部事实 | 
| [36:49] | Now, you want to believe that Jeffrey Winslow is guilty? | 你们愿意相信Jeffrey Winslow有罪? | 
| [36:57] | I suppose you could. | 或许你们有权力相信 | 
| [37:00] | But beyond reasonable doubt? | 但是排除合理怀疑了吗 | 
| [37:05] | And let’s not forget | 我们不要忘记 | 
| [37:07] | despite the district attorney’s efforts to depict | 尽管检察官竭尽全力试图证明 | 
| [37:09] | Jeffrey Winslow as a liar | Jeffrey Winslow是个骗子 | 
| [37:11] | he didn’t have to tell you | 但他其实没有必要告诉你们 | 
| [37:12] | he went back there that night. | 他案发当晚回去过 | 
| [37:15] | The prosecution never told you that. | 控方从来没有说过 | 
| [37:19] | Jeffrey did. | 是Jeffrey自己告诉你们的 | 
| [37:23] | Jeffrey did. | 他自己说的 | 
| [37:28] | Because he was under oath. | 因为他宣过誓 | 
| [37:35] | And under oath | 他宣誓后 | 
| [37:39] | he told you another truth. | 还告诉了你们另外一个事实 | 
| [37:44] | He didn’t kill Cindy Marks. | 他没有杀Cindy Marks | 
| [38:06] | The evidence points to a surgeon. | 证据指向外科医生 | 
| [38:08] | Possible it wasn’t? Sure, but likely? | 有可能不是? 当然 但是可能性有多大 | 
| [38:12] | The evidence points to consensual sex. | 证据指向双方自愿的做爱 | 
| [38:15] | Possible it was rape with no bruising? | 有可能是无擦伤的强奸吗 | 
| [38:17] | Sure. But likely? | 当然 但是可能性有多大 | 
| [38:20] | The evidence proves he was there that night. | 证据证明他当晚在案发现场 | 
| [38:23] | Possible he just happened to walk in after? | 有可能他只是碰巧在案发后去的? | 
| [38:27] | Sure. But likely? | 当然 但是可能性有多大 | 
| [38:29] | The victim was killed the same way | 受害人遇害的方式刚好和 | 
| [38:32] | a woman showed up dead | 另外一个死去的女人一样 | 
| [38:33] | in his hospital where he got to read the autopsy report. | 而他读过那个女人的验尸报告 | 
| [38:38] | Possible that’s just a coincidence? | 有可能这只是个巧合? | 
| [38:41] | Sure. | 当然 | 
| [38:43] | But likely? | 但是可能性有多大 | 
| [38:46] | They have got a lot of possibilities and in each and every instance | 他们提出了各种可能性 在每一种情况下 | 
| [38:51] | they are asking you to accept the most unlikely of explanations. | 他们试图让你们接受最没有可能的可能 | 
| [38:55] | How is this one? | 是不是这样 | 
| [38:58] | He knows there’s a serial killer who decapitates and severs hands. | 他知道有一个连环杀手 砍头切手 | 
| [39:03] | And yet, according to his testimony, | 可是 根据他的证词 | 
| [39:05] | when he walked in that room | 当他走进Cindy家的时候 | 
| [39:07] | and saw Cindy Marks decapitated with severed hands | 看到Cindy Marks被砍头切手 | 
| [39:11] | his very first instinct was, | 他的第一反应是 | 
| [39:13] | “Oh, no, they might think I did this.” | “哦 不 他们会以为是我干的” | 
| [39:17] | Isn’t that a little odd? | 这是不是有点奇怪 | 
| [39:20] | Wouldn’t the natural reaction be: | 他的自然反应难道不该是 | 
| [39:22] | “It’s obvious who did this. It’s the Poet!” | “很明显凶手是谁 是诗人杀手” | 
| [39:26] | And wouldn’t he assume | 而且难道他不该认为 | 
| [39:28] | that the police officers will say the same? | 警方也会抱有同样的想法吗 | 
| [39:31] | Is it possible to believe | 有没有可能相信 | 
| [39:33] | what Jeffrey Winslow is telling you? | Jeffrey Winslow告诉你们的那些呢 | 
| [39:36] | Sure. | 当然 | 
| [39:39] | But remember | 但是别忘了 | 
| [39:42] | his very own wife | 他自己的妻子 | 
| [39:45] | as devoted as she was in that witness chair | 在证人席上说深爱着他的妻子 | 
| [39:48] | she told her neighbor: | 曾经对邻居说 | 
| [39:54] | “I think he did it.” | “我想是他干的 “ | 
| [40:43] | The defendant will please rise. | 被告请起立 | 
| [40:52] | Mr. Foreman, please read us your verdict. | 首席陪审员先生 请宣读你们的判决 | 
| [40:58] | Commonwealth v. Winslow | 马萨诸塞州诉Winslow | 
| [41:00] | on the charge of murder in the first degree | 关于一级谋杀罪的指控 | 
| [41:03] | we, the jury, find the defendant Jeffrey Winslow | 我们陪审团判决被告Jeffrey Winslow | 
| [41:07] | guilty. | 有罪 | 
| [41:16] | Settle down. | 肃静 | 
| [41:19] | Settle down. | 肃静 | 
| [41:21] | I’ll ask each person in this room… | 我要求法庭上的每个人 | 
| [41:23] | to stay silent. | 保持安静 | 
| [41:26] | Your Honor, I want the jury polled. | 法官阁下 我要求陪审团成员明确投票 | 
| [41:28] | Very well. | 没问题 | 
| [41:30] | Members of the jury, you will each now stand | 陪审团的成员们 你们请起立 | 
| [41:32] | and declare your individual vote. | 逐一宣布你们各自的表决 | 
| [41:35] | Let’s start left to right. Back row first. | 按从左到右的顺序 从后排开始 | 
| [41:39] | Guilty. | 有罪 | 
| [41:43] | Guilty. | 有罪 | 
| [41:46] | Guilty. | 有罪 | 
| [41:49] | Guilty. | 有罪 | 
| [41:51] | Guilty. | 有罪 | 
| [41:55] | Guilty. | 有罪 | 
| [41:58] | Guilty. | 有罪 | 
| [42:02] | Guilty. | 有罪 | 
| [42:06] | Guilty. | 有罪 | 
| [42:10] | Guilty. | 有罪 | 
| [42:15] | Guilty. | 有罪 |